Windows Support Forum

Audio/Sound Problem When DVD Burning

Q: Audio/Sound Problem When DVD Burning

Hi all,
I hope someone can shed some light for me. I burned my first dvd yesterday and all went ok except for playback. When played back in my dvd player everything was great except the sound. It sounds really wierd, very squelchy if that makes any sense. It's very hard to describe. I'm using Nero 7 to burn it. So I went to the "preview the burn before I burn it" screen and the sound was the same as the playback. The movie from the hardrive plays great using several different media players. Therefore, I know there's nothing wrong with the movie. Why is it previewing and burning with this wierd noise in the audio. Is it the wrong audio format? If so, how do I change it or convert it. I could'nt find any audio options to change the audio format. What's my problem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio/Sound Problem When DVD Burning

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio/Sound Problem When DVD Burning

Nero Mega Plugin Pack 1.0
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Nero-Mega-Plugin-Pack.shtml

Actually there are many Nero audio pluggins to download, just search Google.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-sound-problem-when-dvd-burning.98616/
Relevancy 59.34%

Not sure if this the right spot to post this but here goes anyways.

I tried burning a an .AVI file to a DVD-R using "Cheetah DVD Burner" I've wasted two DVD-R's because both times there's no audio on the DVD-R.

The video plays fine but both times there was no audio. the first DVD-R I played on several different mediums such as an XBox a standard DVD player and a laptop.

The second DVD-R I downloaded several Audio and video codecs (that were recommended by "Cheetah DVD Burner".) then proceeded to burn a second time but still the same result video works but no audio.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-problem-burning-dvd-417681.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I ve been burning audio cds for quite some time without ever having a problem the various programs that I have used are record now windows media player and winamp in the past few days whenever I insert a blank cd my disc drive the burning cds audio problem automatic windows prompt asking me what I d like to do with the disc the bulk of the questions asking what program I would like to burn a cd with does not appear whenever I try to burn a cd in any of the above programs it asks me to insert a blank cd into the drive it will never recognize one of the blank discs when accessing the properties of the blank cd through my computer it says that it has bytes free bytes used these are from a new pack of memorex cdr s if it s of any relevance the cd-burner drive is from a third party company and installed after the original cd burner crapped out I installed it almost problem burning audio cds a year ago any help insight would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

i HAVE A PROBLEM bURNING AN AUDIO CD THAT I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME ADVICE ON. I CONVERT THE MUSIC FILE I HAVE FROM mp3 TO WAV THEN USE EITHER NERO OR ADAPTEC EASY CD CREATOR TO BURN THE FILES. WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE WAV FILES ARE BURNED AS MP3 FILES ALTHOUGH I HAVE CHECKED THAT THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONVERTED TO THE MP3 FORMAT JUST WAV. I HAVE GONE THROUGH NUMEROUS DISKS TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT BUT THE FILES KEEP BURNING BACK TO MP3 NO MATTER WHAT SOFTWARE PROGRAM I HAVE USED. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

CHEERS

A:Audio burning problem

Install the latest Nero.
Open a new AudioCD compilation.
Drag your MP3 files in there (they get decompressed on the fly)

Burn your CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-burning-problem.34205/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi there!
i have a problem to burn audio cd from mp3 or other audio files.
i just installed 2 operating system vista 64 on one and win xp on the other harddrive.
i installed nero 6 on xp and nero 8 on vista,can not burn audio cd's on both of them.
when i drag and drop in nero (mp3 or other audio files) i only get wma files and can not
play the cd's in my cd deck or car radio.do i missing a codec or something?
please help me how to get audio cd's burnt.
regards
oliver2

A:audio cd burning problem

Are you selecting the 'Audio CD' option in Nero ? If so does Nero go through the transcoding process ("Preparing Files, IIRC) or straight to burning the disc ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-problem.699002/
Relevancy 59.34%

I use WMP to burn an audio CD, which is 700M. Each song is 23.5M. I drag about 20 songs to the burn list under WMP. It seems each song is in one track. But, when i hit start burn button, there is ONLY song being burned. Why? Why I cannot burn all 20 songs in the one CD? Thanks.
Bill

A:Problem of Burning an Audio CD using WMP

I looked at the options available for WMP but it doesn't make sense. I do a lot of Audio CD burning as I have a recording studio but I use Nero.

There are a couple of other free CD burning programs, CDburnerXP is one. Click Me Imgburn is anoher one that's popular HERE

When I burn audio CD's, I burn at a slow speed (I use 8X as my audio CD Burning speed standard) so they will play in most Audio CD players (CD's burned at high speed may not play or skip). I also burn "Disk at Once" which allows adding text (titles) to the CD's.

I know this doesn't fix your problem with WMP, but it does give you some options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235894-problem-burning-audio-cd-using-wmp.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all, I have a weird problem for audio CDs...

Almost half of the burning fails before the end and the other half has skipping song all over the CDs.

I have 3 CD burners in my computer (DVD-RW, CD-RW and DVD-Rom/CD-RW combo) and all three do this. I used Nero and iTunes, same problems with both.

So I tought it was the cheapo blank CDs (50 for 15bucks) but I bought some Maxell today and still the same error.

XP SP2 user here.

thanks.

EDIT: I tried burning CDs overnight at 4x...and they still skipped

Relevancy 58.91%

I can burn a CD but when played the first five to eight tracks are fine and the rest get more and more sratchy/distorted towards the end sometimes causing the track not to play at all. All my settings are right and I was not having this problem before. Is it my burner? Can someone help me figure this out? I am not sure if I down loaded a program and that is causing it or not.

Thanx in advance;

A:Problem With Tracks After Burning Audio CDs ?????????

Ok this is tough

How's the cd player? (Does it play other cd's ok?)

How's the CDR media? Some cheap CDR's aren't real good for Audio CD. Some CDR dyes don't work well with older CD players. Try a different (better) brand and colour of CDR.

What software did you use to convert the source audio files?
What format are the source audio files?
The Audio CD format requires files to be 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz sampling frequency. Some burning software converts mp3's and some other formats as they burn to audio cd (eg. most versions of Nero) but others might struggle.

I assume teh source audio files are 100% ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-tracks-after-burning-audio-cds.578733/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a laptop hp dv2800 series. My problem with burning an audio cd is that I either get an error message saying to insert a blank cd when I've already loaded a blank cd into the rom and when I don't get that message, the blank CD go through the burning process just fine until the burning is complete and it automatically eject the cd. I always have to make sure the CD is loaded with the audio files by testing the cd into a cd player and majority of the time there are no files on that cd. I've used roxio which is the program that came with the laptop when I bought it. I've also switched to using Nero and WMP and I still get the same problem when burning..

Techsupport, what do you suggest?

A:Problem burning Audio (CD-R) with Nero and WMP

Techsupport, what do you suggest?Click to expand...

I don't know, you'd have to ask them

Here at TechSpot, we may have some ideas though.

First of all confirm all your drivers are up to date, here
Possibly run a Virus/Malware scan, by going here
Also try different discs, and run CCleaner on your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-burning-audio-cd-r-with-nero-and-wmp.113102/
Relevancy 58.91%

Dell 531s
Vista Home Premium

I'm having a problem playing burned audio cd's. After succesfully burning the cd's using itunes I cant play them in my car or my home stereo. Or when the CD's play the sound is very distorted. Has anybody had this problem? I've goine through tweaking all kinds of different "burning" preferences and options, but still no luck.

Any help appreciated,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-audio-cd-burning-problem.701056/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
Can anyone help with this one. I am trying to burn an mpeg file onto a dvd (or vcd). The file plays perfectly when played on the computer (with winamp and media player), but when I burn it onto a disc the sound totally disappears about 2/3rds of the way through. I burned it as a vcd initially and then as a dvd (both with nero) but the same thing happened.
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance
Beth

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have Nero Express on windows Xp.
I have downloaded all of my own cds onto my hard drive and want to make new copys to make it easier for me to DJ. When I drop and drag from My Music to Nero it comes up with....The slected WMA files have protected content......
Please help .

A:problem burning audio from hard drive to cd on NERO

You must have had the 'copy protect' option checked in Windows Media Player (WMP) when you copied them. That means that you will only be able to play them on the machine that they were copied on. You should still have the license for the WMA's on your PC - I would assume that Nero isn't detecting them.
If you can play them in WMP, try using WMP to burn them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-burning-audio-from-hard-drive-to-cd-on-nero.360927/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello

Laptop - HP Pavilion dv9000

Problem - When I burn CDs using Windows Media Player (11.0.6001.7000) they are not recognised in any player. The strange thing is it worked for me until about two weeks ago and now suddenly any CD I make wont play on anything. Windows Media Player does not display any errors when burning either so not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

*edit* - Just tried with other programs and had the same result, it burned in Real Player without any error message then wont play in any CD player.

Thanks,

Greg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-cds-problem-windows-media-player.815121/
Relevancy 57.19%

HI,
I've burned hundreds of dvd's from file using Allok video to dvd , its real quick and simple, suddenly the sound is out of sinc. I've tried reinstalling the software and tried using dvd flick with the same problem . When I copied a dvd using Ashampoo it was fine . I've tried closing all other programmes while burning but that hasn't helped .
I'm running xp on a celeron 2.4 with 1.5 gb of ram.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Tony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problem-sound-out-of-sinc.899168/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've created a multimedia CD with HTML pages, one of which contains six mpegs, all of which work fine from a video point of view, but sound is distorted and occasionally cuts out altogether. I guess this is what you might call a spooling problem - is there any kind of fix? The CD has autorun on it, so it plays automatically on insertion

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-after-burning-multimedia-cd.372198/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am using Nero 5.5 and trying to burn some Digital Voice Recording (Wave Sound) files onto a new CD-RW. Using a CD-R the process is a breeze and works fine. When I try and use the CD-RW Nero goes through the whole burn process for 7 or so minutes and then I get;

Cannot mount the written CD
"LITE-ON LTR-52327S" (H1, T:1)
Data verification failed.

(Hard to see why the Nero programme cheers at a failure)

When I try and have a look on the CD-RW with My Computer to see if any files went on, I get a window saying
"F:\ is not accessible - Incorrect function".

I ticked the box to "Allow files to be added later" as this is what I want to do with more DVR's.

Can anyone help with what I am doing wrong? I've tried a number of CD-RW's, all the same result.

Relevancy 55.9%

Ever since I got my second Video Card and went SLI I have had crippling sound problems After playing for a with sound Sound work HELP! fine) and problem card audio (onboard SLI while all sounds get replace with a high pitched squeal This is only with games not music using WMP DVDs using WinDVD and only with my sound card not the HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) crappy onboard sound which has no problem Some games may play for three minutes others for close to fifty before this consistently happens It seems to be simply subsistuting all sounds with this annoying noise HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) I quit the game it goes quiet HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine) but music is now affected and DVDs have NO sound Single GPU works fine either card either PCI-E slot sound card in either PCI slot still causes the problem I recently got a newer better sound card but it does the exact same thing I think it may be either a video card issue or the motherboard Is it something to due with the way the video card handles sound Or the motherboard HELP I really like the improved graphics on a relative budget that SLI brings and don t like being hobbled like this Tried Turning down Sound Card Acceleration with the old card didn t help My Computer Old Alienware Case Asus P N SE SLI-Deluxe Inter Core Duo E Corsair PC mb Maxtor GB rpm EVGA NVidia GT KO mb video do have different bios s on the card SoundBlaster X-Fi Gamer Extreme old card was SB Audigy Sony DVD writer Dell wfp monitor nbsp

A:HELP! Sound problem with SLI and sound card (onboard audio work fine)

i have simular problem my soundblaster live wont run sound when plugged in but tbh sound isnt all that big wen u have 5.1 sourround, so i just used the on-board audio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-sound-problem-with-sli-and-sound-card-onboard-audio-work-fine.73538/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 52.03%

Since upgrading to Nero I ve been getting ongoing quot internal error quot messages while burning audio Data amp image burns run without a problem Audio burns will sometimes succeed I ve noticed that the quot internal error quot problem occurs almost every time I apply filters and sometimes when I don t apply filters it still happens The quot internal error quot message pops up while I m selecting tracks and almost always when applying filters If I get to the point where I start the burn process I m home free with no quot Nero Audio Burning Error" 6 w/ "Internal When Problem Filters internal error quot problem This only springs up during the setting up of an audio burn I ve had this problem through the last few versions of and before Had hoped upgrading would straighten it out but it hasn t I ve tried different media Nero 6 "Internal Error" Problem When Burning Audio w/ Filters not that I think that would be the problem since the error occurs before not during a burn I m running Athlon MB DDRAM WinXP Home Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Don nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-6-internal-error-problem-when-burning-audio-w-filters.180153/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help me I updated my system from Windows XP Home to XP pro now there are no sound please help me if you can.

A:Audio Problem (No Sound)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The first thing you should do, is reinstall your sound drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-no-sound.84263/
Relevancy 51.6%

I Just found out this morning that I can't hear any noise on my left earphone - the right one works just fine. I checked every single parameter on my PC - sound/volume control, checked that all the cables are firmly connected to my sub-woofer and mt PC, and that the left side cables are connected where they should be. I went later and bought a new sound card (the old one was a 7-year old card), and the even with the new one nothing changed.

Looks like it's something with the surround mixer - couldn't fix the problem not on the old sound card or the new one.

System - Windows xp pro sp3.

Any solutions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-problem-with-audio-sound-on-my-pc.849992/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

Two hours ago I plugged a sound wire from the PC to my LCD TV.
And after I unplagged it I had some problems in my PC, I dont know why.. so I restarted. After the restart I had an icon of a speaker with a red "X" next to it..
It sais " Audio output device is not installed"
I dont know how that could happen.. I didn't change anything in the properties or something like that.. Just plugged a wire that splits to red and white to my LCD TV.

When I try to watch a movie or listen to music in Windows Media Player, it sais it can't play because I have no sound intalled.

I downloaded a sound driver for my motherboard and it didn't help
I even tried to restore to 12 hours back, and it didn't help either.

Please help me, I am hopeless..

A:Audio problem in W7 (no sound)

Could something have gotten bumped a bit? Open up the case, and make sure all components, particularly the sound card, are seated firmly. It may help to unplug/disconnect them and plug them back in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/101322-audio-problem-w7-no-sound.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I Just found out this morning that I can't hear any noise on my left earphone - the right one works just fine. I checked every single parameter on my PC - sound/volume control, checked that all the cables are firmly connected to my sub-woofer and mt PC, and that the left side cables are connected where they should be. I went later and bought a new sound card (the old one was a 7-year old card), and the even with the new one nothing changed.

Looks like it's something with the surround mixer - couldn't fix the problem not on the old sound card or the new one.

System - Windows xp pro sp3.

Any solutions?

A:A problem with audio/sound on my PC

Hello,

Have you tried the headphones on another system. May left side not working anymore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-problem-with-audio-sound-on-my-pc-402457.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i don't know what to do anymore. whenever i play a cd in my cd drive, there would be no sound coming out. when i play a playlist from winamp, it plays. by the way, the speakers are plugged into the onboard sound device. i've installed a pci sound card from soundblaster, and when i plug in the speakers to the sound card, the cd plays but the playlist won't. i don't know what to do anymore? i've disabled the onboard sound in the bios and plugged in the speakers to the sound card, my playlist won't play but the cd will.

so basically one will work, while the other won't no matter what combination i try..

help please....

Relevancy 51.6%

I was listening to VH1 music videos when suddenly everything started playing in a high speed....sounded like the chipmunks! Now, EVERYTHING on my comnputer plays that way including my music in Windows Media Player.

Can someone please help me?????

A:Need Help With Sound/audio Problem

I don't if this will fix everything, but concerning the WMP:

Try opening WMP, right-click near the bottom to pull up the menu, go to View -> Enhancements -> Play Speed Settings and see if that got turned up above 1.0 somehow...

That's all I can think of concerning WMP, but I'm not sure why it would affect all of the sound on your CPU... anyone else have ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-sound-audio-problem.357231/
Relevancy 50.74%

This just isn't my week. Whenever I boot up my machine (SONY VAIO VGN-FS742/W) and runs the "Windows XP startup.wav" it crackles and drags. Sometimes it boots up clean with no sound issues. I also noticed when I try listening to music via Windows Media Player it sounds terrible. The music would drag, then stop, speedup to normal, then crackle. This also happens when I try watching a DVD. I've already uninstalled Windows Media Player, then reboot, sound issue still there. Re-installed Realtek HD Audio Device, thinking this was the problem. But it wasn't. Not sure where to go from here without having to re-install windows to try and correct driver issue(s).

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I am new here and sorry for my bad english please tell me if you don t understand my explanation about my problemI have problem with my audio all the my music and videos doesn t work it shows me an error or this message quot Windows audio problem HELP!! voice sound Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file quot but in my other computers all my sound voice audio problem HELP!! videos and music works normally and fine and the videos on youtube or other websites are working but without any voice the only thing I can here in my laptop is the system voices when I click anything like if there is no problems only so I tried to solve the problem by using this steps gt gt Control Panel All Control Panel Items Troubleshooting Troubleshooting Audio playbackand still the same and tried other steps but I don t know it happened only when I updated my laptop last time from HP support assistant I get a problems everytime I update my pc with it and thinking to uninstalling it to avoid more future problems but I am worried to get a problem by doing that help I want to listen to my music

A:sound voice audio problem HELP!!

it happened only when I updated my laptop last time from (HP support assistant) ..I get a problems everytime I update my pc with itHello -What update are you talking about ?? Is this a HP update or do you mean Microsoft updates ??Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following boxes:?Flush DNS?Report IE Proxy Settings?Reset IE Proxy Settings?Report FF Proxy Settings?Reset FF Proxy Settings?List content of Hosts?List IP configuration?List last 10 Event Viewer log?List Installed ProgramsList devices >> (Problem only)?List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt). Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473782/sound-voice-audio-problem-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys day ago i had a problem IDT Problem. Windows 5.1 7 Audio Sound with my IDT audio on windows I couldn't set option in the IDT Control Panel the setting jumped back to Stero options I changed windows changed alot of stuffs I tried another way posted here that said to Windows 7 IDT Audio 5.1 Sound Problem. set in windows control Windows 7 IDT Audio 5.1 Sound Problem. panel this soultion was odd because in winamp was but was a bad bad sound no bass and with echo I have to mention that in windows TEST all speakers sounds good but music video apps game This morning i found the best solution for everyone who's been in the situation I found some drivers that they rlly work and you can change to in IDT control Panel I tested the drivers on Windows Ultimate x amp x and i'm curently using them in Windows Pro x I hope that everyone who had this problem this driver will resolve Cheers PS My audio was IDT on a dp dp Intel mboard Drivers here MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

A:Windows 7 IDT Audio 5.1 Sound Problem.

Google Traduction

It's not perfect but it works better than others.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/65176-windows-7-idt-audio-5-1-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.

Tonight, while I had the HD Audio Manager open (checking to see if everything was working correctly, because my daughter's game was not making noise...turned out the game was actually silent; I'd checked sound by playing a song on youtube). She reaches over and clicks something on the mouse, and now, everything that makes sound over the net is silent. I still have computer sounds, and my speakers work when I test them. I have no idea what she clicked. Please, please help.

Thank you in advance.

A:Sound problem with Realtek HD Audio...please help

Try using System Restore to restore to a point before the problem occurred.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-with-realtek-hd-audio-please-help.158189/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I know there s lotsa similar qns around and I ve tried everything I could but am still confused why its not working Any kind soul around who is able to help I don t know what happened to computer the sound controller is perfectly fine until days ago There is no sound coming out from the speaker except the error beep sound - - I know it has nothing to do with the speakers cos I ve switched speakers and still I have no sound coming out Whenever I ve restarted the comp there ll be an icon that said it had discovered a new hardware and asked me to install it But I have no audio CD to go with it I have no idea whats the manufacturer of the sound card cos this is a DIY computer Under my Device Manager - gt Sound Video Game Controllers there is a yellow exclamation mark next - Sound!! Controller with No Problem :( Audio to C-Media AC Audio Device Below is an information of the system according to Belarc Advisor Controllers Standard floppy disk controller NVIDIA NForce MCP IDE Controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller Multimedia C-Media AC Audio Device Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space ATAPI DVD-ROM XMax CD-ROM drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n LR R NC rev AAJ SMART Status Healthy Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Communications NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address Networking Dns Server Main Circuit Board Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies Problem with Audio Controller - No Sound!! :( LTD PG Pls Problem with Audio Controller - No Sound!! :( help Thanks nbsp

A:Problem with Audio Controller - No Sound!! :(

You can download the driver here http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/136/136560.htm , install it and restart.

D.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-audio-controller-no-sound.63181/
Relevancy 50.74%

I cannot get the sound to work on my laptop. In the sound menu it says there is no device. I have downloaded Realtek soundcard, and it still doesn't work (no device).

My laptop is acer TravelMate c300 and I use Windows XP.

Help!?

A:Audio problem: No sound device

Without knowing what laptop you have and what windows version you have, helping you out is impossible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-no-sound-device.93739/
Relevancy 50.74%

So does anyone know audio deck well it kept starting up in my task manager window and I would always close it to save RAM after drivers no Audio sound!!! problem, have I a while though I got curious and went into it Well it had Audio drivers problem, I have no sound!!! a bunch of things that Audio drivers problem, I have no sound!!! my audio control panel had On my way out I accidently clicked something no idea what After that my microphone would not work at all My other microphone which is really bad but always works wouldn t work either So after some troubleshooting I decided that Adeck was an outside program that was interfering with my sound So I manually went and uninstalled it Little did I know that it was actually my audio driver program Now my sound is not working at all and none of my hardware is registering Worst part is is that I can t find the CD driver for it Does anyone know where I can download the driver for it Quick reply appreciated because without sound I rally can t manage my clan play css or crysis etc nbsp

A:Audio drivers problem, I have no sound!!!

ok i fixed the problem, stop the numerous replies :haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-drivers-problem-i-have-no-sound.96807/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello this is my first time here! Recently I updated my srs audio sandbox version to 1.10.2.0 (latest), but I noticed that some windows system sounds don't play any more. It's definetly about sandbox, because when I turn it off I can hear them. It's a minor problem for now, but who knows what else will Sandbox mute...

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and my sound card is a Realtek HD Audio, and as I remember I heaven't done many changes in my system the last few days since update, just switched system sounds from Sonata to Default (and the sonata ones still play well...weird).

Well does anyone know what could possibly cause this? Or did anyone experience same issue with this software?

Thanks in advance..!

A:Problem with sound using Audio Sandbox

No one has to say something. Well then I guess I'll just let it be or something? Just... Hearing someone's opinion about what would be best to do would be nice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-sound-using-audio-sandbox.914218/
Relevancy 50.74%

I ve seen this posted on a few forums but none seemed to help me exactly Any help No device Sound audio - problem would be much appreciated I recently got given my brothers old computer which I have formatted and re-installed windows xp and now the sound does not work at No audio device - Sound problem all When No audio device - Sound problem I go to sounds and audio device properties it says there is no audio device I followed the windows trouble shooter and it No audio device - Sound problem told me to check whether I had the MCI CD audio media control device driver so I uninstalled the media control devices drivers and re-installed them which only left me with one driver mciqtz dll I have tried updating my soundcard drivers which is additional to the OB one but I don't know what soundcard it is IT says it is a 'Creative SBLive Gameport' but the creative website says this card doesn t exist and has no drivers available My brother has long since lost the box and drivers of the card Also a new hardware wizard always comes up when I start up the computer with two 'multimedia audio controller' and one 'RAID controller' It can't find the drivers automatically and it can't find them on the Windows disk either I have tried many different things to fix this and all have failed Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me on this

A:No audio device - Sound problem

Usually, when people have this problem it is because they have not installed the motherboard drivers that come with the motherboard.

If you do not have a driver CD, you can find the drivers in the support section of the M/B manufacturer's web-site.

Second, verify that the sound is enabled in BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-device-sound-problem-154676.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i just installed win7 and i love it but sound sucks, i have SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio sound card, and i installed driver for it but my sound still sucks
my problem is that i cant turn of 3D sound, i have stereo sennheiser headphones and when i play cod4 i only here on one speaker not the second one as the sound makes so i have to turn my mice around so i can hear whole sound
in xp driver i had CMSS effect that didnt have that problem but on win7 driver CMSS effect isnt right
help me pls

A:SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio sound problem

so can i put my sound on stereo somewere or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/71147-sb-audigy-2-zs-audio-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just tried to play a song on Limewire but no sound came out so i checked in my Control Panel and Sound & Audio Devices and it said that there is no Audio Device. Does anyone know how to get this back? I dont know hows it gone but i have just installed Windows Service Pack 2, could this have something to do with it?

Many Thanks
Trace

A:Sound & Audio Device Problem

What pc do you have, we need info to work with you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-audio-device-problem.89277/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Toshiba Satellite Model#2805-5603. It has 384 MB of RAM. Runs on Pentium III processor. My problem is that the audio port does not consistenly transmit sound through
earphones. Only intermittently. When I read the manual it suggested that I use 12 ohm
resistance earphones. I specifically purchased such a pair. It doesn't seem to have made
a difference. Still don't get sound through earphones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-w-sound-from-audio-port.709989/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well, My laptop went to crap, So I decided to try use my old Desktop.
When I turn't it on, I noticed it had no Audio, I searched for multiple ways to fix this, So I am finally asking for help.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model DM033A-ABU S4500 GB330
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2162 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3.03, 27/06/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to post for my info, Just tell me and I'll try fix it as soon as, Thank you.

A:Sound Device/Audio Problem

When a device doesn't work, your first port of call should be Device Manager to see if it's driver is present, or if it's showing an error. Re-installing the driver is often all that's required. If the sound adapter is integrated with the motherboard (as opposed to being a third-party PCI sound-card fitted since the PC left the factory) you need to download the driver from Compaq Support: http://www.compaq.com/cpq-country/cpq_support.html

Select your appropriate country at top-right of page before entering the model name & number of your PC.
Default is United States.

If the sound adapter you wish to use is PCI sound-card fitted after the PC left the factory, you need to download the driver from that sound-card manufacturer's website instead.

Another thing to check is that the speakers are actually plugged in to the correct output jack at the back of the PC, not into an input jack like the microphone or line-in jacks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-device-audio-problem.1054997/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have installed SP1, Very late I know! However now it has installed it has disabled my audio. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling from the hardware section of control pannel.

I read a previous thread that says I should depending on my motherboard download the drivers directly. How do i determine what my motherboard it?

Should this solve the problem?

Cheers,
James

A:No sound after installing SP1 - PnP Audio Device problem

Hi James and welcome to Vista Forums

Have a look at this thread and fill in your System Specs as this will help us to help you with your problem: http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...formation.html There is a link there to a tool which you can download and run to extract the necessary information.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/208938-no-sound-after-installing-sp1-pnp-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I got a problem with my audio system. I have got two sound devices for my PC and one of them is not working. I have got one Philips Subwoofer which works fine, it has got a audio input. Also I have got a Philips Tv-flatscreen used as main monitor which is connected with a HDMI-cable.

Ever since I replaced my proper monitor, which has no sound compared to a Tv, with the Philips Tv, and I have not been able to acquire any sound from my philips subwoofer. Probably it has something to do with the fact that my subwoofer only got an audio-input, and I have tried to plug it in my Pc, but I have not been able to make it function.

Can Anyone help me or give me some advice so that I can make my subwoofer function, because the sound quality from my Tv is worthless.

A:Problem with sound device with audio input.

When you connect an HDMI cable, that switches the PC sound to the HDMI and not to the regular PC's sound card output. You can manuall change the default audio playback to the "Speakers" (you PC sound card) and if you have AMPLIFIED PC speakers you can hear the sound through them.

Just connecting a bass speaker to the PC will not work, unless it is a "powered" subwoofer (has its own built in power amplifier). However, you would then only get the bass and nothing else.

You have two options, buy a complete 2.1 (or 5.1) PC speaker system and connect that to the PC's sound device, manually set the default audio playback device to the "Speakers". Or buy a speaker system that will work with the TV for the sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247000-problem-sound-device-audio-input.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey I recently swapped cases figuring it would be no big deal Though it was my first time with my current system After I was finished everything seemed to be in order except for the fact Front Problem. Sound] Panel Audio [No that I had absolutely no sound I saw an obvious problem My system was originally a stock HP Pavilion in an HP case The motherboard is an ASUS A N X-LA and has different audio connectors All pin or less The new case has one front panel audio cable I guess you could say it s pin Technically with a little white object placed in one of the holes It came that way I ve looked and looked and I see no connector on my motherboard that would Front Panel Audio Problem. [No Sound] associate with this type of plug Is there any way to work around this It s onboard sound i m using Realtek AC Would a soundcard have a connector for the cable Oh and I tried using the back audio ports instead of the front and they wont work either Any help would be Front Panel Audio Problem. [No Sound] awesome thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I amp ve seen this posted device problem No sound audio - Solved: on a Solved: No audio device - sound problem few forums but none seemed to help me exactly Any help would be Solved: No audio device - sound problem much appreciated I recently got given my brothers old computer which I have formatted and re-installed windows xp and now the sound does not work at all When I go to sounds and audio device properties it says there is no audio device I followed the windows trouble shooter and it told me to check whether I had the MCI CD audio media control device driver so I uninstalled the media control devices drivers and re-installed them which only left me with one driver mciqtz dll I have tried updating my soundcard drivers which is additional to the OB one but I don t know what soundcard it is IT says it is a Creative SBLive Gameport but the creative website says this card doesn amp t exist and has no drivers available My brother has long since lost the box and drivers of the card Also a new hardware wizard always comes up when I start up the computer with two multimedia audio controller and one RAID controller It can t find the drivers automatically and it can t find them on the Windows disk either I have tried many different things to fix this and all have failed Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me on this edit these are my pc s specs Mainboard Abit KV VIA KT - Chipset VIA KT Processor AMD Athlon XP MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR-SDRAM Video Card Nvidia Corp GeForce FX XT NV Hard Disk Maxtor GB DVD-Rom Drive IDE DVD-ROM X CD-Rom Drive AOPEN CD-RW CRW Monitor Type inches Network Card VT C MV IDE Controller VT Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack DirectX Version c nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey
I just installed SP1 on my Home Premium 64bit. After installing it, all my sound is gone. I checked the Help page about this subject, and found out that the drivers for my "PnP Audio Device" are not up to date (there is a yellow triangle with !-mark in front of it). I tried to update them via Device Manager, but it didn't work.

What should I do?

A:No sound after installing SP1 - PnP Audio Device problem

Hi Som1n,

What type and brand/make is your motherboard?

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/155291-no-sound-after-installing-sp1-pnp-audio-device-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I have already done a search on this forum to see if anyone has been having a similar problem and many do, but so far no suggestions have helped me......

My problem is I have an Acer 6920G laptop running Windows 8 (and 7 on another drive) and no matter which Realtek audio drivers I use, I cannot get 5.1 digital output sound to my Creative Inspire 5.1 system. I have the correct optical cable (which worked fine on Windows 7) and I am currently using Realtek v2.70 HD Audio drivers. When I select the digital output, I can only select properties and not configuration (which is greyed out) and therefore this is no option to setup a 5.1 speaker configuration.

If I use the internal speakers built-in to the laptop (for 5.1 sound) I have no problems, but not with the external speakers.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jez

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/9390-realtek-hd-audio-5-1-sound-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi i dont know the first thing about computers so please help my computer became riddled No audio multimedia controler problem with sound! with viruses a while back so i had to delete a load of stuff to get rid of it and somehow accidently deleted my sound I get beeps and things but nothing when i try and play sound When i go into device manage i have a big yellow beside multimedia audio controller and under sound video etc i have audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture devices media control devices and video codecs but when i go into them they all say working correctly The other thing is i dont have the disc for my computer so cant use that to download things which i see No sound! problem with multimedia audio controler other folk have been advised Dont know what info you need but i have a toshiba equium M if thats any help I really hope someone can help because i really need my sound back thanks nbsp

A:No sound! problem with multimedia audio controler

You should start by visiting www.toshiba.com, clicking on Support and then to support for Toshiba computers. Click on the Download link there (is for driver downloads)

Then identify what computer you have and you should get the full list of drivers available for that machine.

If you have any question or still need further help, just post back here!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-problem-with-multimedia-audio-controler.121088/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently had a problem with finding movie maker and getting that to work on my laptop. The movie maker problem finally got resolved. And I think it worked out after using the installer cleanup. Now I have a sound problem. I had previously downloaded some video editing softwarer such as blender, VSDC etc since the movie maker was not working. Once I was able to get the movie maker to properly install then I uninstalled blender and other video editors. I do not know if that messed up the sound playback on my laptop. But I cannot listen to anything. No audio files playback. From anywhere -  in movie maker, Facebook or internet. Just no audio playback, only some noise. Please help. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-8-1-Sound-Audio-playback-problem/td-p/5780742
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys,

I've installed Windows 7 and it really looks neat and fast, but I have one problem and it's getting my soundcard working.

I've downloaded the vista drivers from HP from HP Compaq dc7100 Small Form Factor PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Ive run it in compatibility mode on operating system Windows Vista and installed them. Now theres an exclamation mark in Device manager.

Ive uninstalled the drivers so it would be clean:
http://users.telenet.be/doms/windows7/1.jpg
During the install windows7 asks me this:
http://users.telenet.be/doms/windows7/2.jpg
When the installer says: Installation complete I look in the device manager and see this:
http://users.telenet.be/doms/windows7/3.jpg
http://users.telenet.be/doms/windows7/4.jpg

The strange thing is the files dmkaud.sys and dm.sys
cant be found anywhere on my system.

How can I fix this guys? What can I do?

A:sound/AUDIO problem on HP COMPAQ DC7100

Btw my OS version is Windows 7 Ultimate x32.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/31020-sound-audio-problem-hp-compaq-dc7100.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently had a problem with finding movie maker and getting that to work on my PC. The movie maker problem
finally got resolved. And I think it was because of using the installer cleanup.  Now I have a sound problem. I cannot listen to anything. No audio files playback. From anywhere - in movie maker, Facebook, internet. Just no audio playback, only some noise.
Please help. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1411b53e-a8d3-4eab-87ae-655024f14228/windows-81-sound-audio-playback-problem?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay so this problem is driving me insane I ve googled it and I ve read just about every solution for this and tried it I recently got a new basic PC because my old one decided to stop working and everything works fine However I seem to be receiving no sound through my speakers at all when plugged into the Line Out green jack I have updated my drivers just about every Realtek driver or No Startup Problem Audio Sound - the Internet on I can find numerous times It appears I m running a Realtek AC VIA Audio Controller My speakers are stereo and I m running Windows XP SP Although for some reason and this is the crazy part when I plug my speakers into the Line In Blue Jack at the back and set my speaker set up to quad or more I can get sound but only through Windows Media Player VLC Skype and any other desktop application However Audio Problem - No Sound on Startup or the Internet I receive no sound on the internet at all - no Flash videos nothing It also seems I get no sound from Windows like shutdown and login sounds mouse clicks error messages nothing So I just get sound on the media Audio Problem - No Sound on Startup or the Internet players when set to or more when I m Audio Problem - No Sound on Startup or the Internet running on I get no sound through the green jack at all and I don t get it Other people seem to have had this problem too and wondered if any of you guys have and how you resolved it Even if you haven t any suggestion would help Here s what I ve tried so far - Device Manager - Un-Install Rollback Driver Re-Install there s no yellow error marks next to my hardware - Changing the Registry with recommended fixes - Downloading K-Lite Codec Fixes - Changing Internet Browser same result for Chrome Firefox Explorer - Making sure I ve turned on quot play audio in browser quot settings - De-installing Flash and Re-Installing - All the simple things like connection and making sure everything is plugged in and working Thanks in advance to any help you can give or suggest Any more infomation you require just ask thanks nbsp

A:Audio Problem - No Sound on Startup or the Internet

most probably the sound is set on the mother board for 4 channel sound check the mother board manual for the correct jumper setting for two channel sound then the green socket out put should work Also check audio setting in control panel for system sounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-problem-no-sound-on-startup-or-the-internet.903398/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

Windows XP user

I recently have not been able to hear any sound on my dell inspiron 6000 except on programs like WMP and Media Center. When going to device manager, I noticed there was a yellow exclamation mark by Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver. I could not find any updates via google, dell, or microsoft for this driver.

**The only recent changes I made on my computer were uninstalling ffdshow (I was had a problem where WMP would not play .avi files and this seemed to fix it.) The problem originated after this. I tried reinstalling ffdshow but still have the sound problem.

*Also, I tried uninstalling the driver. That did not work, so I did a system restore and have it as described above.

Any advice? Thanks for your time and support in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-problem-winmm-wdm-audio-driver.490145/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'v buyed Dell studio 1555 with Windows 7 Home Premium(64 bit).I had uninstalled power dvd(pre installed by Dell) using Revo uninstaller ,inadvertently I deleted some of the registry files.
Now facing various problems...
First there is no audio sound(no mp3,no login sound, no keypad sound..)..

then on changing monitor settings through keyboard buttons there is no graphical display of the monitotr status ...

when i tried to run sfc \scannow (in cmd prompt as Administrator) it shows "Windows resource protection could not start the repair"

when I tried to open Disk Management utility an error dialogue box stating "Disk management could not start Virtual Disk Space..This happen if remote computer does get supported or if connection cannot be established..."

My system details:dell studio 1555,windows 7 Home Premium(64 bit),core 2 duoT6600,320 GB HD SATA,3 Gb RAM

Its annoying Pls Help me...

A:Windows 7 problem not working of audio sound,no scf sca

Did you try System Restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/55813-windows-7-problem-not-working-audio-sound-no-scf-sca.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i recently formatted my pc and installed windows xp pro from then i am not able to hear any sound there is a yellow question mark over the Problem driver/cannot sound audio with any play multimedia audio controller icon i need the driver for my audio device i have Problem with audio driver/cannot play any sound already tried realtek ac its not installing here is my pc info Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX c Computer Name - D F F D Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name IBM A Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i G System Memory TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX Monitor IBM E quot CRT -WLP Multimedia Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD A Intel DB ICH - AC Audio Controller A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - CB Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP N GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive MOSER BAER DH- A P SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS TRIAL VERSION D NTFS MB MB free Total Size TRIAL VERSION Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Primary IP Address TRIAL VERSION Primary MAC Address -E -A - - -E Network Adapter TI USB Remote NDIS Network Device TRIAL VERSION Peripherals USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - USB Controller A- USB Controller Intel DB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- USB Device TI USB Remote NDIS Network Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device DMI DMI BIOS Vendor IBM DMI BIOS Version KT AUS DMI System Manufacturer IBM DMI System Product A DMI System Version DMI System Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI System UUID TRIAL VERSION DMI Motherboard Manufacturer IBM DMI Motherboard Product IBM DMI Motherboard Version DMI Motherboard Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Manufacturer IBM DMI Chassis Version DMI Chassis Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Asset Tag TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Type thnx in advance PLZ DO MENTION THE SITE FROM WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE DRIVERS nbsp

A:Problem with audio driver/cannot play any sound

You need to install the motherboard drivers which can be download from the motherboard makers website.
(unless you have the cd that came with the motherboard)
Chipset, sound and Lan, make sure you install the chipset drivers first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-audio-driver-cannot-play-any-sound.685882/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am a New Member so I hope I have placed this thread in the correct section if not please advise thank you I have installed a New Dell Hard Drive Gb into my Dell Inspiron m Laptop myself using XP and downloaded the Operating System with the Device Drivers and Utilities with no other programs My problem is I have no Sound Audio and on my Desk Top my Icons are too Large and the Colours are distorted When I go to the Control Panel on Sound Audio a Device Solved: problem....... Sound/Audio rebooting message reads No Audio Device Also when Solved: Sound/Audio Device rebooting problem....... I go to Display Properties I am unable to adjust the Colours and the Font Size I carried out a full Diagnostic check on all sections and was rewarded with fully functional report I find this misleading the check on the Sound Audio was perfect as I listened to the testing of both speakers and the colours were crystel clear with no distortion I loaded BT Broadband disc to boot up my wireless connection but an error message said Problem Nan Solved: Sound/Audio Device rebooting problem....... Number so that stopped me accessing the Internet If anybody has experienced the above problems and managed to solve them I would like their advice Graham R nbsp

A:Solved: Sound/Audio Device rebooting problem.......

Did you use the repair disk that came with your laptop to reinstall Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-audio-device-rebooting-problem.811052/
Relevancy 49.88%

Windows XP home sp2
ECS K8T890-A (elitegroup)

So, I have Realtek AC97 audio(VIA?), and I have a problem.
I can't hear sound through the headphones setting, and I can only hear sound by playing Rear out on 4 channel or 6 channel or swapping the Mic for subwoofer output. My sound is lower than it should be, and even lower for audio streaming.
I've found Sound Effects/Environment to usually be part of the problem for the latter.

Can someone help me with this, please?
I don't know if this should of been posted in Sound Cards, It's integrated audio.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/realtek-audio-headphone-rear-sound-problem-384783.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i ve been having a problem for some time now with my Dell SoundBlaster X-Fi surround sound system It seems to randomly suffer sound fluctuations The sound could be stable for sometime at times for days and then suddenly randomly start fluctuating from very loud to very quite These symptoms come and go and vary in length I think the problem has been getting worse the last couple of weeks and it s really annoying the you know what out Dell fluctuation Audio SoundBlaster X-Fi problem sound of me I have tried updating my sound drivers but that didn t work I even read a forum that said to keep my speaker cables as far away from my pc s power supply as possible because it could be causing interference Well that didn t work either This happens using every kind of application from media player to gaming But funny thing i don t notice the fluctuations while using my headphones I also Dell SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio sound fluctuation problem used a different set of speakers and couldn Dell SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio sound fluctuation problem t notice these fluctuations either But when i use my X-Fi surround sound speakers the problem always seems to eventually came back Could anybody PLEASE help me i have no idea what to do now Could it be that the speakers are shorting out a sound card issue or simply some kind of option I would greatly appreciate anybody who could help me out give any ideas or anything Thanks BTW it s pretty much a brand new system Dell XPS that s less than a year old nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-soundblaster-x-fi-audio-sound-fluctuation-problem.551463/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys i just installed windows evrything is just great except i just cant find the required drivers i don' t really know what make my soundcard is and the driver bundle with that does'nt seems to work ill post the dxdiag details here any help will be appreciated ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name EARTHSIMULATOR Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build winmain win beta - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model GCM-S L BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce LE Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip problem card audio 7 windows sound External type GeForce LE DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display External sound card audio problem windows 7 Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Native Mode x Hz Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- D- B C CA Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC B ModeWMV B ModeVC A ModeWMV A Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch B D D-A A- -AC - B A Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch B D D-A A- -AC - B A Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX Vid... Read more

A:External sound card audio problem windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Mechaniac

Hey guys i just installed windows 7 evrything is just great except i just cant find the required drivers ,i don'
t really know what make my soundcard is and the driver bundle with that does'nt seems to work .

ill post the dxdiag details here ,any help will be appreciated .
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/14/2009, 05:44:00
Machine name: EARTHSIMULATOR
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: 945GCM-S2L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz, ~2.9GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 642MB used, 1703MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7000.0000 32bit Unicode
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 506 MB
Dedicated Memory: 250 MB
Shared Memory: 255 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Native Mode: 1600 x 900 (59.978Hz)
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7814 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/13/2008 10:33:07, 6000640 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4291-11CF-367D-0B2001C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x01D1
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_B ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{B338D50D-A64A-4790-AC01-475B64252A78}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{F9F19DA5-3B09-4B2F-9D89-C64753E3EAAB}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Cap... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/16419-external-sound-card-audio-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I have a standard 3.5mm output jack on the back of my motherboard,

whenever I change the jack, e.g. take speakers out, plug headphones in, the sound stops, usually when i'm using itunes, or bbc iplayer. Sometimes this can crash microsoft messenger as well.

I have to restart the application for the sound to work again.

In the sound options i have the box unchecked for allow applications to take control of this hardware. Also installed latest motherboard driver and problem still exists. Motherboard is Asus P5Q Deluxe.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

A:Sound stops when changing audio input problem

I had a similar problem on my laptop and rolling back the sound drivers fixed the issue. What happens if you allow applications to take control of the hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/226990-sound-stops-when-changing-audio-input-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there. Newby to the forum here.

I am running Cubase SL3, Reason 4 and Adobe Audition 3.0 on Windows XT, with a Roland Sound Canvas MIDI control keyboard (which has served me extremely well for fifteen years) and a brand new Audio M Delta Audiophile 2496 sound card, and I cannot (I mean CANNOT) get Reason to find the control surface.

I have successfully had Reason working in Rewire mode when using an Edirol UA-20 MIDI interface, but since installing the Audio M sound card, Reason refuses to boot at all, saying 'an active port cannot be found, try checking your Rewire host'.

This makes me suspect that Reason is not compatible with the sound card. Is anyone out there aware of any known conflicts? The Audio tab in the Sounds and Audio Device Properties on my PC is all greyed out, saying no device is present, and I am losing hair rapidly in clumps. Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-reason-and-audio-delta-sound-card.818282/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently moved my motherboard and all the componets of my computer to a new box b/c my power supply went bad. I have everything working except the sound. Today it worked for a few minutes and I thought I finally put the cables how they were supposed to be, put the top back on, and now it doesn't work again. My sound card doesn't have a spot for the audio cable, so I have it plugged into a spot on the motherboard that says cd2. I am guessing something is wrong with something, but I don't know what. How can I tell if it's the audio cable, the sound card, the place where the sound card attaches to the motherboard, the cd-rom drive? It is not showing any problems in Device Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 49.88%

I left my computer last night and to find today this morning there was a problem with the sound I was playing music last night Using - no audio Solved: Problem sound! with Vista OS Ultimate fine as I generally do each day No changes were made and no installations to make the audio not work When playing some music I can Solved: Problem with audio - no sound! Using Vista Ultimate OS see the playback devices shows the graphic equaliser so it is receiving some output but no sound can be heard I Solved: Problem with audio - no sound! Using Vista Ultimate OS just left my computer up all day and night like I always do can t put it into energy saving mode because I need an active Internet connection for work related software it is n and I rarely reboot it unless I installed something like windows updates Also I have SP I noticed that last night my speaker icon in system tray was flashing on off from being muted icon to normal non muted icon This is something that has never happened before I tried to see why this was showing at the time but as the music was still playing I didn t think it was a problem so just thought maye some other software was interferring with windows or something Also worth mentioning is that my audio devices are listed many times which I hever never had before and I noticed this about a week ago but the audio was fine then I do not recognise DSaudiodevice as my normal default device but it has been since th of September Also as you can see in the screenshot Tucbaudio is listed down many times Any idea why the name of my default audio device has been renamed and why there are so many Tuc-b ones listed When anything like this happened to me I am usually able to troubleshoot it by myself and solve it relatively fast but this time I have no idea what may have caused it I hope you can guide me through possible causes Thank you Recent software installations are as follows COMODO Internet security Prevx SpywareGuard javacoolsoftware SpywareBlaster javacoolsoftware TagTuner If it can tbe fixed I will have to make a clean install of vista which I really don t want to do I was waiting to buy W before making a clean install onto a new HDD nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I have bought a Acer aspire 8920 recently...
i have realtek audio

I am having problems with sound, conflicts with sound from multiple programs.
wasnt a problem with winXP.

Example, I run winamp to listen to music and then watch a clip on youtube.
there is no sound from the clip. But when I close winamp i get sound from youtube clip.
this also happens the other way around.
also happens when i have veoh tv on and watch youtube clips.
also if i run zoom player installed from cccp codec pack and winamp
also if i run an emulator for games and watch a clip.

please help. thanks in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/180928-problem-multiple-audio-video-sound-output.html
Relevancy 49.45%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi i ve been having a problem for some time SoundBlaster Audio problem DELL fluctuation Solved: X-Fi sound now with my Dell SoundBlaster X-Fi surround sound system Solved: DELL SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio sound fluctuation problem It seems to randomly suffer sound fluctuations The sound could be stable for sometime at times for days and then suddenly randomly start fluctuating from very loud to very quite These symptoms come and go and vary in length I think the problem has been getting worse the last couple of weeks and it s really annoying the you know what out of me I have tried updating my sound drivers but that Solved: DELL SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio sound fluctuation problem didn t work I even read a forum that said to keep my speaker cables as far away from my pc s power supply as possible because it could be causing interference Well that didn t work either This happens using every kind of application from media player to gaming But funny thing i don t notice the fluctuations while using my headphones I also used a different set of speakers and couldn t notice these fluctuations either But when i use my X-Fi surround sound speakers the problem always seems to eventually came back Could anybody PLEASE help me i have no idea what to do now Could it be that the speakers are shorting out a sound card issue or simply some kind of option I would greatly appreciate anybody who could help me out give any ideas or anything Thanks BTW it s pretty much a brand new system Dell XPS that s less than a year old nbsp

A:Solved: DELL SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio sound fluctuation problem

I bougth a new 5.1 surround sound system and since then i've heard no fluctauations. So far so good. So i'm assuming there must've been something wrong with the speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-soundblaster-x-fi-audio-sound-fluctuation-problem.551733/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I'm having a increase size Audio Vista? do How buffer I in my sound problem! problem with audio on Windows Vista Whenever I play audio sound music when the computer is accessing How do I increase my sound buffer size in Vista? Audio problem! the hard drive I get a really distorted crackly and poppy sound from the How do I increase my sound buffer size in Vista? Audio problem! speakers It's How do I increase my sound buffer size in Vista? Audio problem! as if someone were to turn the FM dial on the radio slightly off the station you know It stops after about a minute of not accessing the hard drive and the sound returns to normal but this happens once every minutes or so and it's very annoying I'm wondering if there's a way to increase the sound buffer size in Vista because I think the problem is caused by not being able to read the audio fast enough from the disk to keep up so it's skipping some of it My sound card is an integrated Sound Blaster SE I have updated to the latest drivers on all of my hardware and nothing seems to help I've ran the latest windows updates as well System Info ghz AMD dual core processor gb RAM x nVidia gtx video cards x Western Digital RAPTOR rpm gb drives in MediaShield software RAID MSI Diamond k n motherboard Sound Blaster Audigy SE integrated Please help I will be forever grateful Update I have an identical machine running Kubuntu this is the type of configuration I'm hoping for like being able to access settings like this on vista

A:How do I increase my sound buffer size in Vista? Audio problem!

Anyone? Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-increase-my-sound-buffer-size-in-vista-audio-problem-180032.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Help please nbsp On my brand new Thinkpad E running Windows Pro I conexant E560 sound driv... delay audio problem after updated the Conexant SmartAudio HD driver to version on on the recommendation in the update manager of Lenovo Companion I was having absolutely no problems before with the original driver but now have a problem of delayed sound for a few seconds in playing any E560 sound delay problem after conexant audio driv... sound file or streaming audio or video after startup or coming out of sleep or just after E560 sound delay problem after conexant audio driv... idle nbsp The file plays or streams but it takes a few seconds for the sound to kick in nbsp This is the exact same problem as reported here for the X Yoga nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -Yoga-problem-after-Conexant-audio-driver-u nbsp Since Device Manager does not give the option to roll back the driver the option is grayed out can you Lenovo Techs please make the earlier E driver available and or post a permanent solution as you did above for the X Yoga nbsp Thanks so nbsp much nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E560-sound-delay-problem-after-conexant-audio-driver-update/td-p/3442278
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there...Well out of nowhere something went wrong with my laptop speakers [HP 4530 S Probook]...Fuzzy, kind of really heavy, echoey, distorted sound through my speakers that is kind of annoying a hell out....Probably my sound card or speakers got messsed up....Imperative to mention here that sound is fine when i use headphones or connect bluetooth speakers.... I did google and in your website you suggested to disable HP Power Assistant...Well the app was not installed in my machine; though as instructed i did install version - 2.0.5.1(9 Sep 2011)....Nothing got better.... Plz suggest whether i've to go and get my speakers changed / repaired or there is a solution to get sound all ok.... Looking forward for your kind support in this regard... Rgds,Hamza

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Problem-Fuzzy-heavy-distorted-sound-through-speakers/td-p/5660158
Relevancy 49.02%

I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb, I get strange behavior where the sound will drop out while I'm watching a tv app (hdhomerun, or kodi as well), or listening to music.. at random times, could be 5 minutes, could be 45 minutes. To get the sound back, if I click the speaker icon and click the bar that plays the windows ding, it plays (a little crackly during the first few milliseconds, then clear, like it's waking up) and then sound plays normally until this happens again. So it's propagating through multiple different drivers. I read somewhere that audio devices can sleep (I suppose laptops mainly? Maybe I read it wrong).

Did some searches, found nothing similar, most are "no sound". Thoughts?

Thanks

A:Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, I do have similar problem in my laptop, the sound drops intermittently while listening to Internet radio in my laptop, I am testing High performance mode in Power Options, next I will be trying uninstalling the sound driver and let Windows install the driver, if I come across a solution, will report back.
EDIT: No luck with both methods

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39754-interesting-audio-problem-drops-out-returns-playing-new-sound.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have A Dell XPS with a Sigmatel Stac XX C-Major HD Audio Driver and I was running Windows Vista X SP and everything was working fine I just recently installed Windows RT Build and the Generic High Definition Audio Device Driver Installed and all types of media play but it's causing a crackling sound in my audio and not only that it actually corrupts the file so if I were to play a MP on my XBOX it also has the crackling noise even if the file was originally fine I don't know the last Sigmatel Driver that was on my Vista Build but I tried a few of them and even tried in Vista Stac92XX HD Driver Audio C-Major Sound Sigmatel Problem install mode but none of them work amp I tried Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver Sound Problem all the codecs packs that I always install and still nothing What should I do and is this a driver problem that's causing the crackling noise and corrupting my files or is their something else to this Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver Sound Problem please help because it's driving me crazy

A:Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver Sound Problem

Quote: Originally Posted by win22

Hi I have A Dell XPS 420 with a Sigmatel Stac92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver and I was running Windows Vista X64 SP1 and everything was working fine.

I just recently installed Windows 7 RT Build 7100 and the Generic High Definition Audio Device Driver Installed and all types of media play, but it's causing a crackling sound in my audio and not only that it actually corrupts the file so if I were to play a MP4 on my XBOX 360 it also has the crackling noise even if the file was originally fine.

I don't know the last Sigmatel Driver that was on my Vista Build but I tried a few of them and even tried in Vista install mode but none of them work & I tried all the codecs packs that I always install and still nothing.

What should I do and is this a driver problem that's causing the crackling noise and corrupting my files or is their something else to this please help because it's driving me crazy?

Move to a later version of win7.
The corruption of mp3 and mp4 files was fixed after the RC.

Greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/26614-sigmatel-stac92xx-c-major-hd-audio-driver-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a problem with my computer s sound When I navigate to the Control Panel and goto Sounds and Audio Devices under the Volume tab it 'No Devices' Sound Audio Problem.. Says Playback I Live! Blaster have says quot No Audio Device quot and under the Audio tab there are things listed Sound Playback Default Device quot No Playback Devices quot Sound Recording Default Device quot SB Live Wave Device quot MIDI music playback Default Device quot B SB Live MIDI Synth quot I do not understand how my Sound Blaster Live can be Sound Blaster Live! Problem.. Says I have 'No Audio Playback Devices' utilized for MIDI playback and Sound Recording but is not functioning as a sound playback device Some other useful information maybe in the device manager so I will write out what that says as well Sound Video and game controllers -Audio Codecs -Creative SB Live WDM -Creative SBLive Gameport -Legacy Audio Drivers -Legacy Video Capture Devices -Media Control Devices -Video Codecs There are no exclaimations indicating any malfunction in any of the devices Far as I can tell from the Device manager everything is functioning properly I am running Windows XP Home w SP My sound was working less than weeks ago but it just randomly stopped working specifically as a sound playback device If you guys have seen something similar to this and know how to fix it let me know I am pretty good with computers so you can pretty much guarantee that I have run the following System Restore Services msc Uninstall an Re-install all audio drivers nbsp

A:Sound Blaster Live! Problem.. Says I have 'No Audio Playback Devices'

It is possible the drivers are corrupt, or damaged in some way.
Does audio show up in the BIOS when you first boot up?
What do you see for audio when you go to Control Panel ->System->Hardware->Device Manager?
Does the section for audio drivers show a red or yellow flag?
Regardless, I would remove or disable the audio drivers, then download and install a new driver set.
Then check those obvious things that are such embarrassments... is the speaker device plugged into the correct socket? Are the speakers turned on. Do they work in another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-live-problem-says-i-have-no-audio-playback-devices.79379/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there...Well out of nowhere something went wrong with my laptop speakers [HP 4530 S Probook]...Fuzzy, kind of really heavy, echoey, distorted sound through my speakers that is kind of annoying a hell out....Probably my sound card or speakers got messsed up....Imperative to mention here that sound is fine when i use headphones or connect bluetooth speakers.... I did google and in your website you suggested to disable HP Power Assistant...Well the app was not installed in my machine; though as instructed i did install version - 2.0.5.1(9 Sep 2011)....Nothing got better.... Plz suggest whether i've to go and get my speakers changed / repaired or there is a solution to get sound all ok.... Looking forward for your kind support in this regard... Rgds,Hamza

A:Audio Problem - Fuzzy, heavy, distorted sound through speake...

In continuation to my previous msg, I'm now sure that there is smthin wrong with audio settings or i would have to uninstall smthin in order to get audio work properly...I've just connected bluetooth speakers with my laptop and experienced fuzzy / really heavy echoey sound...Plz suggest how to get rid of this problem...Rgds,Hamza

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Problem-Fuzzy-heavy-distorted-sound-through-speakers/td-p/5652894
Relevancy 49.02%

I updated my Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with Windows 10. Since then there has been several instances of my sound not working. Since the latest update, I've had to restore my system 5 times to get it to work again. It says I have the latest driver for my IDT high definition audio codec and that the device is working properly, but I get no sound and my audio players say there is a problem with my audio service. I would like to figure out why this happens as every time I have to restore my laptop, I have to update several programs as well which takes quite a bit of time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19650339
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello there. Yesterday i've installed this sound card and everything works fine but no microphone. I can see it in control panel but it doesn't work. Mic is fine as i was using it before. I have Win 7 64bit.

If you have any idea what can cause the issue please help, if nothing will work i will simply send it back to shop ;/

A:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI - microphone problem

What programs are you running to test it?

If your just not hearing yourself, in windows then it's the option there for listen to what you hear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/214319-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci-microphone-problem.html
Relevancy 49.02%

OK, I recently re-installed Windows XP. Naturally, I downloaded and installed all of the display and sound drivers, amoung other things.

Now however, only the headphone jack on my PC works. The line out (2nd audio output jack) and microphone jack aren't working. I have tried installing the latest drivers but I still get the same results.

What can I do to get my microphone and line out jacks working?

Specs:

512 MB RAM
ATi Radeon 9250 128 MB AGP Gfx card
AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0Ghz PRed @ 3.0Ghz
C-Media AC97 Onboard Sound Card
Windows XP SP2

A:Audio Jack Problem on My CMedia AC97 Sound Card

Have you checked all the basic Windows settings / levels / muting etc?

Go to the "Sound and audio devices properties" window, located in the "Control Panel".....
Work your way through all the tabs and advanced menus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-jack-problem-on-my-cmedia-ac97-sound-card.485156/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm hoping someone can help me I'm working on a custom pc that my brother built for me The specs are in my signature I recently upgraded from Service Not sound/No speakers/Realtek problem Running/No Audio bit to bit Windows home premium I know it's not the best but it's what I could afford I did a drive reformat also Initially everything was fine But Audio Service Not Running/No sound/No speakers/Realtek problem for some reason all of a sudden I have no sound my plugged in speakers are not detected at all and the audio service is not Audio Service Not Running/No sound/No speakers/Realtek problem running Everything else is fine I assumed it was Audio Service Not Running/No sound/No speakers/Realtek problem as a result of an update so I did a system restore I guess my restore points didn't go back far enough No change -According to my motherboard specs I have the realtek ALC onboard audio So I thought I'd just be able to install the latest hd audio driver for my os from realtek's site I tried several times It prompts me to restart and when I do it says that the device driver did not install correctly and it defaults to the microsoft one every time -In device manager I have a yellow triangle next to one of the quot high definition audio controllers quot with a code error device cannot start Under sound video and game controllers I have quot High definition audio device quot microsoft driver version I have seen a few of these realtek problems in the forums but i haven't found anything that has worked for me I tried manually installing the driver from the zip file by directing the update utility to it's extracted location It always says that my driver is up to date I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be updating one of the hd audio controllers or the hd audio device or both I've tried both so I suppose i could be doing it wrong I've tried uninstalling the hd audio controllers and the hd audio devices and rebooting the same thing happens I've tried a repair install from the disc No change The only thing I haven't tried is reformatting my hard drive and doing yet another clean install I really don't want to have to do this again because re-downloading my programs and music docs pictures is a chore So I'm asking if anyone has any idea what else I can do before I go to the last resort Thank you for your time completely reinstalled windows and still don't have any sound I'm completely at a loss

A:Audio Service Not Running/No sound/No speakers/Realtek problem

Try the previous Realtek driver 2.67 or the Asrock 2.31 driver.
Download Realtek High Definition Audio 2.67 Vista 64 - Technical Details - FileHippo.com
ASRock > Products > Motherboard > G43Twins-FullHD > Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/222424-audio-service-not-running-no-sound-no-speakers-realtek-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

First off, I will not claim to be technologically gifted, so please be patient;

I've had a reoccurring issue with my Asus Laptop. Whenever I play music it starts to make this strange guttural sound, accompanied by bouts of freezing and frustratingly slow speeds and responses from my computer. It sounds incredibly similar to this youtube video I found researching my issue. ASUS G73 laptop stops and makes weird noise for a second (couple of times.) - YouTube

I've used my included recovery disk, and that fixed the problem for a couple months. But the problem returned, and at a loss for what to do, I decided to try to uninstall my sound driver, with the intention of reinstalling it. I restarted and was presented with a new driver "High Definition Audio Device." I don't want to irreversibly destroy anything by continuing this blind voyage. What do I do next? Is it my sound card at all?

A:Sound Driver is my problem? Realtek ALC663 Turned to High Def. Audio

Quote: Originally Posted by Zombizee

First off, I will not claim to be technologically gifted, so please be patient;

I've had a reoccurring issue with my Asus Laptop. Whenever I play music it starts to make this strange guttural sound, accompanied by bouts of freezing and frustratingly slow speeds and responses from my computer. It sounds incredibly similar to this youtube video I found researching my issue. ASUS G73 laptop stops and makes weird noise for a second (couple of times.) - YouTube

I've used my included recovery disk, and that fixed the problem for a couple months. But the problem returned, and at a loss for what to do, I decided to try to uninstall my sound driver, with the intention of reinstalling it. I restarted and was presented with a new driver "High Definition Audio Device." I don't want to irreversibly destroy anything by continuing this blind voyage. What do I do next? Is it my sound card at all?

its microsoft driver for HD audio device you should not worry. your device is still the same but with microsoft driver.. if you reinstal realtek driver, device name should be back from generic Hd audio.
but if you have problems with your realtek driver please try to download new version..
you can find information here Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
or stick with microsoft driver (you will lose some functionality compared to realtek driver but sound shuld work) and maybe it will solve you problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/248247-sound-driver-my-problem-realtek-alc663-turned-high-def-audio.html
Relevancy 48.59%

There's an X on my sound icon in my tray. I tried system restore, uninstalling, reinstalling the Realtek drivers, (I have a toshiba satellite laptop), reformatting the laptop but nothing has worked.

I'm pretty sure I need a copy of the Universal Audio Architechture drivers for Vista so I can install the Realtek drivers correctly. Anyone know where I can get these??

Thanks a ton

A:Problem with obtaining Universal Audio Architecture driver in order to have sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-obtaining-universal-audio-architecture-driver-in-order-to-have-sound.727387/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I am new to this forum and desperately in need of help with sound One day I opened my laptop and the sound No Device sound: Problem VAIO Audio LAPTOP: with Installed. Output is was gone The error on the icon is quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I am using SONY VAIO VPCSA GH Available in Asia Pacific region FYI I Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO have two display adapters AMD Radeon HD M and Intel HD Graphics Family On the device manager panel I've got only one hardware in quot Sound video and game controller quot section which is quot Intel R Display Audio quot MY OS Windows Professional x Here is my attempt to solve the problem but to no avail -System Restore I tried to use system restore to the point it worked fine It does not work at all and now my restore point has gone too -Install driver from Intel Download center Refer to my graphic card I tried to download new graphics driver for my motherboard It doesn't work I have downloaded from this website https downloadcenter intel com Sea ng amp ProdId -Install driver from SONY VAIO support center I tried to re-install Audio Driver and also Graphics Driver from this website Support for VPCSA GH S Series VPCS VAIO amp reg Notebook amp Computer Sony Asia Pacific and it also doesn't work -Look it up on BIOS My BIOS does not have any option regarding to audio issue My two attempts to re-install the drivers were done in safe-mode Could you please help me with this problem I really have need to use audio with my project PS If you have any question regarding my system information I would be happy to provide

A:Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO

The Intel Display Audio is ONLY for HDMI Audio and not the regular PC audio. The first thing to check is the BIOS to verify the on-board audio is enabled. Normally, if the on-board is enabled in the BIOS but no hardware specific driver is installed Windows will install the generic "High Definition Audio Codec" driver. As this is not happening, it suggests either it is disabled in the BIOS or remotely it has a hardware problem.

If it is enabled in the BIOS, first thing to do is reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers from Sony. If the chipset drivers are corrupt all the devices could be mis-identified. Restart the PC after installing the chipset drivers and see if Windows detects and installs the High Definition Audio Drivers. If it still does not install, either the Windows 7 Operating System is corrupt and you will have to do a complete new install, or there is a hardware problem with the sound chip.,

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362135-problem-sound-no-audio-output-device-installed-laptop-vaio.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone so I just purchased the Creative Sound Problem(Win7) Sound X-Fi Blaster Champion Creative Seri Audio Titanium Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion Series Sound Card I'm having issues with audio even before I bought the card and I'm not sure how to fix them Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri I'll describe the main issues Sound Issues -Odd popping noise at the beginning and end of audio usually not noticeable except when in Ventrilo Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri because no other audio is playing -Static buzz sound usually unnoticeable but more amplified in certain applications like the menu of Starcraft -Tons of feedback through my mic clicks from my mouse my own voice is amplified through my headset I bought a Sound Card so I could hopefully fix some of the problems odd popping noise and just make audio better in general but I must be doing something wrong because it's just gotten worse I'm using the Sennheiser PC headset and an Antec case I used another headset before I bought the sound card and it did not fix the audio popping issue but have not tried using it after I got the new sound card One thing I noticed is if I unplug the mic the annoying buzzing seems to go away And the mic feedback of course I don't know if this is a common issue that might be related to my case or if there is a way I can fix this through Windows settings or the Creative software I've tried messing around with the settings but nothing seems to work If anyone thinks they can help me out that would be awesome These are my system specs also located in my profile --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Manufacturer Model Number N A OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Motherboard GIGABYTE GA- XTA-UD Memory G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Graphics Card s ASUS Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Champion SerieMonitor s Displays Acer P Hbmid Black quot ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor Screen Resolution x Hard Drives SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s quot PSU Antec TruePower New TP- Blue W Case Antec Nine Hundred Two Cooling case fans Keyboard Razer Arctosa Mouse Razer Imperator Internet Speed Cable Gbs Other Info N A --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Audio Problem(Win7) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Champion Seri

Connecting to the card or using the front panel jacks?

Also you don't say which setting you messed around with, but in the Windows playback settings (Speakers-Properties-Levels tab) mute any and all input options. That should get rid of the mouse clicks and feedback; also you should only hear your own voice if you have it set to What U hear instead of microphone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/103100-audio-problem-win7-creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-titanium-champion-seri.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay I re-installed someones Compaq Presario and here is the problem.

There is no sound what so ever and there was before.

I installed all windows updates and all the HP drivers and updates.

The problem is with the Audio Driver for HP, it says it can't install until the Universal Audio Architecture from Microsoft is installed.

This is a problem, because I found out that microsoft does not offer the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) as a public download.

Does anyone know where I can download the UAA driver?
Is there any free way of obtaining the UAA driver? or a free way of contacting microsoft to obtain the UAA that anyone knows about? I have checked both the HP website and Microsoft Website and have not found any solution yet. Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Problem with obtaining Universal Audio Architecture driver in order to have sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-obtaining-universal-audio-architecture-driver-in-order-to-have-sound.547543/
Relevancy 47.73%

Was trying to make an Audio CD of MP3's,
15 tracks totalled 180mb;However, the running
time was 78mins, and thus no more tracks fit.
So there is a 80min not 700mb limit on Audio CDs.

I converted from WAV to MP3 for the purpose of fitting
50 songs on a CD. Apparently, in audio burn mode, it is
not the file sizes but the running time that matters.
Thus, I could've set to 8kb/s low quality, but the running
time remains, and so I cant fit 3 studio CDs unto 1 CD.

Ifcourse, I could play my MP3&WAV CDs in the PC, or in the DVD player,
but the CD player doesnt play WAVs. Then whats the point of
burning MP3's on Audio CD's?

Relevancy 47.73%

I use Nero 6 Ultra to burning audio CD's. Lately, I have been having a problem when burning mp3 audio. It seems to burn fine but some cd's I burned will not play on a cd player or car stereo. I have tried cd-r and cd-rw media but it seems not to make a difference.
Is there another type of mp3 format i can use?

A:Audio cd burning

Are you sure that you are burning audio CDs from the MP3 files and not creating Data CDs with MP3 files on them? Most older home and car CD players will only play Audio CDs and not recognize any kind of Data CDs. Some newer players may be able to play MP3 files from Data CDs.

Real old players may have problems with burned Audio CDs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning.648939/
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anyone know what the problem is with the Burn Process Faled Unspecified Target Error means I use Nero and i ve been using the same brand CD always and i just burnt a cd just before this happened it turned out fine I have wasted CDs and i don t want to waste anymore Izzy P S This happenes into the burn Nero Log Win XP A - N- A - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi Audio Cd Burning: - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version e Nero Express Recorder lt TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A gt Version TS - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Connected to MMC as unknown drive Cd Burning: Audio with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A gt Version TS - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD BB- JHC atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Radio Edit mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Video Edit mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Extended Version mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Album Version mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Gabry Ponte Remix mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Erika I Don t Know Bossa Remix mp Total size PM Text File Burncd cpp Line TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A Super Link activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write Cd Burning: Audio address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE Erika I Don t Know Radio Edit mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A TRM AUDIO NOPRE Erika I Don t Know Video Edit mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A TRM AUDIO NOPRE Erika I Don t Know Extended Version mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A TRM AUDIO NOPRE Erika I Don t Know Album Version mp indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks TSSTcorp CD-R RW TS-H A TRM AUDIO NOPRE Erika I Don t Know Gabry Po... Read more

A:Cd Burning: Audio

Hi Izzy,

I just had this happen to me a couple weeks ago, I use Nero 6 , and after the big update day, I was going about my business, messing around with my media library, and I kept getting the same error.

It seems to me like that error comes from using the wrong format for the program opperation, or that the output path for the file is in use.

Anyway, after a half of an hour, I got mad, and reinstalled it......problem solved, in my case anyway. I use the K-Lite Codec Pack, and although I love it's universal quallities, for some reason, it's the buggiest program I use, and find myself reinstalling it once a week or so.

Although, it also could just be something as simple as two programs stepping on eachothers toes, maybe you have another media player that shares the target .extension, and there is a conflict, I think that is my problem, the only thing is, I have to many media players with odd settings to mess up.

Hope this helps,

nos

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44836/cd-burning-audio/
Relevancy 47.73%

I downloaded the moie "The Queen", however, when I got the entire movie, I was able to view it perfectly on my computer in Real Player ONLY!!!

But, when I burn it to a disc, I get no audio.

I tried copying it to DivX, but it says that it is not supported. Same results with other players.

Any suggestions??? Thx

A:Burning DVD, but no audio....

I know this is an old thread, but, I'm going to close this one as well since I just saw your latest question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd-but-no-audio.539024/
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech-support of a particular cd player I am using recommends I burn all my cds at 8x. WMP unfortunately does not use numbers in burning speeds but the terms slow-medium-fast-fastest. Can anyone please tell me which one is equivalent to 8x? I cannot use my Power2go because 10x is its minimum so I am stuck with WMP.

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

A:burning audio cd

The burner drive's available burn speeds will determine what speeds to burn, not WMP or any other burning program. All that program does is allow you to select an available burn speed.

I have a recording studio and do a lot audio CD burning. I use 8X as my "standard" so the CD's will play in almost all audio CD players. Above 8X and some will not play the CD or will skip.

Almost all SATA CD/DVD burners will only go down to 8X (there is one LG model that will go to 8X but that's all I've found). I have a bank of 5 PATA (IDE) interface drives (USB connected) and they will burn at 8X. I use Nero Burning ROM. The free CDBurnerXP will allow you to select an actual available burning speed if you don't want to buy Nero. Roxio will allow you to select a speed too but I abandoned Roxio due to all the buggy problems they have had over the years.

https://cdburnerxp.se/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/315516-burning-audio-cd.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello!

I want to create compilation Audio CD's to play on a regular stereo system & on an in-car CD player.

I use NTI 2000 Professional.

I do not want to burn a whole CD at once; I want to be able to add more tracks at a later date.

However, I still want to be able to play the unfinished CD on the regular CD players, that is, to listen to all the tracks already created.

Can this be done with NTI 2000 Professional & if so, what software settings do I use when burning tracks?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Best wishes.

A:Burning Audio CD's

Tim
I do not think there is a way to play non closed cd's on a convetional player or for that matter on cdrom's. To make matters worse if you burn to a cdrw disk some players do not read those correctly.
Hope someone else has other ideas.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-cds.56207/
Relevancy 47.73%

Im having a problem burning audio cds Iv burnt s of cds before and now it just CDs Burning Audio wont My cd dvd rom drive will play dvd cds Burning Audio CDs and cd roms but it wont burn a cd now Any help pleases Heres a log text Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files VIA Technologies Inc VIA Audio Driver Setup Program AudioDeck AudioDeck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xtra co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http xtra co nz O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup AudioDeck lnk C Program Files VIA Technologies Inc VIA Audio Driver Setup Program AudioDeck AudioDeck exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context... Read more

A:Burning Audio CDs

Turn off InCD, and see if that makes a difference, or try a different cd writing program. If that doesn't work, the drive is probably going bad and will have to be replaced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-cds.453011/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently wasted hours burning some audio files to CD-RW media only to discover that when I tried to listen to them on my car radio all I got was an error message. Can anyone assist me with directions on the best way to avoid the same problem again?

I used WMA, but also have Realplayer and Dell's Jukebox to burn from. I assume I'm copying the files in the wrong format for the CD-RW media, but I don't know how to change or designate a different foremat on these programs.

Thanks,

Rak

A:Burning Audio to CD-RW

Try burning an Audio CD with a CD-R, instead of CD-RW. RW discs are sometimes unplayable in a regular CD player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-to-cd-rw.518769/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Guys and Gals I m a new guy here so please be patient Like many others I seem to have an Audio CD burning issue I have a new HP g laptop with windows and wish to create audio cd of my old cassette tapes I can create the CD having extracted the files I want using Audacity Software The created CD runs fine on this laptop and even my very old Contessa PC Windows OS but they will not run on my HIFi Music Center I have used Windows Media Player Cyberlink and Torch to no avail tried burning at slowest speed still no luck Running low on discs now The CD s are the same as I used on XP and on which used the Sonic RecordNow burner and the CD s burning CD Audio ? created all work on any CD player I would be very grateful for any useful guidance Thank you Here is my system information FYI Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M Audio CD burning ? CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Audio CD burning ? Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I want to burn music CDs that can play on my CD Player. Just wanted to ask if the player can play the songs if I just put them normally onto the CD, like you do with normal files, so about 300 songs can fit on one CD. Or do I HAVE to use the audio CD option, which counts by the audio length, and can only fit around 16.

A:Burning Audio CDs....

Only if the CD player is MP3 compatible like some of the portable ones are now. If it's on your PC you can play it no problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-cds.75125/
Relevancy 47.73%

A friend of mine used his digital recorder to record some audio and burnt it on a cd. It took 10 cd's took to capture all the audio!

Is it possible to burn it onto a DVD so that you don't have to waste all those cd's? If it is possible to do this, is a dvd-r ok to use? Also, can I play the dvd in my dvd player?
Thanks

A:Burning Audio onto DVD

Yes you can burn them in a DVD disc as long as you have a DVD burner drive, appropriate burning software that support DVD burning. If you will use the DVD on your DVD player that will depend on what file type your player supports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-audio-onto-dvd.621089/
Relevancy 47.73%

Please help me as I cannot burn any audio My OS is XP The programme used for the burn is quot Record Now quot but thats irrelevant Not burning Audio because I now cannot use Not burning Audio any other burn programme ie Nero or Windows Media Player What happens is that it starts converting and when the time comes for the burn it proceeds to and then closes the disk I replaced the drive thinking it was a drive problem still the problem persisted I then did a full scrub of master and slave HDD thinking it was a virus This fixed the problem short term Three months later the problem arises again Before I do a full scrub again I wanted to know whether anybody else has run accross this problem For extra information I can still burn DVD with full audio pictures any other documentation just not audio and for those who think its a licencing problem there are no licenses on the music I am burning just band stuff nbsp

A:Not burning Audio

Hold on a second--you are burning music to DVD's or are you burning music to CD's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-burning-audio.449214/