Windows Support Forum

Laptop screen went red and then went back normal? :s why?

Q: Laptop screen went red and then went back normal? :s why?

ok so last night well early morning hours my laptop started playing up sony vaio its screen went red while I was using it then it went back normal then about an hour later it went red again but this time it didn t go so shut down my laptop and started it up again but it was still red but this time there normal? :s red screen then and went went Laptop back why? was so lines on the screen so I just turned off my laptop and went to sleep am I was planning on telling my mum in the morning without her killing me so that she would take it into pc world and get it fixed but now I woke up am and I turned on my laptop I was praying at the same time lol and bam it starts normal no red screen everything is fine I was thinking should I still take it into pc world and have them take a look or should I leave it and also why did this happen s nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop screen went red and then went back normal? :s why?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop screen went red and then went back normal? :s why?

I've had my desktop PC screen go red with a new AMD graphics card. In that case, it was a driver update and it was ok.

Maybe worth a shot...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-went-red-and-then-went-back-normal-s-why.193715/
Relevancy 68.8%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys and to restart normal back slows while Laptop goes after down a after I have over years of experience fixing laptops and desktops for my business clients yet I have encountered a problem that I am completely unfamiliar with Hope someone can help me out One of my clients complained that his laptop would start acting sluggishly after a while of using it This problem occurs Laptop slows down after a while and goes back to normal after restart at very random intervals but once it is occurred the performance Laptop slows down after a while and goes back to normal after restart stays sluggish until the restart Once I restart the laptop the problem goes away until later when it repeats again Sometimes this problem would not occur for days Here is what I mean by sluggish performance Mouse movement represents quot stuttering quot Dragging windows is not smooth Window drags very slow leaving half of image in the original spot and then quot catching up quot Program loading times seem unaffected Playing music files during the performance drop produces delays in sound Running any videos during the performance drop produces quot freeze and go quot effect on videos The performance drop happens regardless of whether the laptop is running on batteries or AC power There is no overheating problem or any problems with fans This laptop has been defragmented checked for file system errors bad sectors cleaned up of all temp files as well as unused programs Memtest performed passes with no errors Drive has no fragmentation whatsoever and any and all registry errors have been fixed SFC scannow reports no corruption to system files Enterprise-level Anti-virus scan has also been performed and came out clean If anyone knows of a real solution I would highly appreciate your input As I already mentioned this is the strangest problem I have ever seen throughout my career Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

My computer was disconnected from its powersource. I've reconnected it and booted it up. Now my screen is shortened, with the bottom toolbar-the one showing Start, the time of day, etc. one inch higher up on the screen than it should be, leaving the bottom of the screen black. I've tried to stretch the screen back down unsuccessfully. What next? Thank you!

A:stretch screen back to normal size

Just for ther record is this a laptop or a desktop, CRT or LCD screen?

What controls are there on the monitor itself for setting the screen to the right dimensions -- and what effect do they have?

I don't think it's a display resolution problem -- but you can check to see in Display properties if the resolution is what you are used to.

You can also try doing a System Restore which would restore any Windows settings which were lost.

Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore and choose a date prior to the problem. These can be undone if not helpful.

If it is a desktop and the above doesn't help -- I would shutdown, disconnect the monitor from both the computer and its power source and then hold down the "power button" on the monitor for about 20 seconds. You might even want to let it sit around for a while to ensure any residual voltages stored internally on it are discharged. Then try reconnecting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stretch-screen-back-to-normal-size.561681/
Relevancy 64.93%

I followed the instructions removing PCEU virus using combofix. Everything went well, I got the report but after restarting my laptop it won't start in the normal mode at all: it prompts me to choose normal or safe mode, I choose normal, XP logo shows and then black screen as if the log-in box to my usr account was about to show but nothing happens. I waited 5-10 mins and nothing. When I switch it off again and start in the safe mode it's ok then. What can be the problem? PS. Before removing the virus, I was able to go to the normal mode but the 'virus pceu' screen would pop up straight away; now I cannot log in to my user account at all - the screen is black. What do I do please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pceu-removal-laptop-does-not-want-to-go-back-to-the-normal-mode.1084919/
Relevancy 64.5%

Not sure if it was best to post here on the Laptop support or on the Windows portion If this is the wrong spot I apologize I wasn't then that bright screen to randomly back regarding normal... but Question goes sure if this was something to do with having windows or hardware or such This will sound confusing so I will try to describe as best as I can First to show what kind of laptop computer I have Windows Home Premium Dell Inspiron Processor Pentium R Dual-Core Question regarding screen that randomly goes bright but then back to normal... CPU T GHz Installed Memory GB System Type -bit Operating System So I'm not sure how to describe it For example right now I can do Question regarding screen that randomly goes bright but then back to normal... anything on my computer fine Go watch videos on youtube go to websites yahoo google etc check my email etc But once in a blue moon very random it's like my screen stops and it goes Extremely Bright like it Brightens up and you can see faint vertical lines and then stays for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal and when I say random I DO mean random Sometimes it happens once and then nothing for the rest of the night Or the next day say if I have the computer on for hours it does it maybe or times at most during that time period I'm just not sure what is going on My computer is starting fine I checked my Task Manager and so far it seems programs are running fine Any help would be appreciated Even right now for the past hour it only did that once And no there are currently no vertical lines nothing at all And either it won't happen at all tonight or it could randomly just happen or times throughout the rest of the night Right now it is looking fine Again I know it sounds confusing thus why I had to ask for any suggestions etc

A:Question regarding screen that randomly goes bright but then back to normal...

Try plugging the laptop into a external monitor, to switch the display to the monitor press the FN F4 keys, see if the issue still happens.

It could be one of three things, inverter board, backlight, or GPU chip. The external monitor will rule out the GPU, also check if there are any updated drivers for the Graphics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/question-regarding-screen-that-randomly-goes-bright-but-then-back-to-normal-938730.html
Relevancy 64.5%

For some reason every shortcut on my desktop opens up to a mini screen size. In other words, I can see most of my wallpaper behind it and the page doesn't fill the screen like it should. I have done this before and I don't remember exactly how I brought things back to normal. I can manually adjust the page by dragging the double-sided arrows to the top and the bottom of my frame, but this is only a temporary fix. I can't get it to stay in the size it needs to be. Once I make one page the right size, I can continue opening up more tabs with new pages and they all come up normal (like the first page I opened and manually fixed). However, once I close them up they no longer come back in the correct size. What is the trick?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/how-do-i-bring-back-my-web-pages-to-a-normal-screen-size/700.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Basically, when i'm surfing the internet or playing a game. My computer screen freezes which then results in me 'Ctrl+Alt+Delete'ing which then makes the screen black out and then brings it back to its normal state.
I was wondering if its due to an overload in my Hard-drive(90% full) or the fact i have a low amount of RAM. Any advice given into what to do is very much appreciated. My spec is below;

Intel Pentium 4
Motherboard - ASUSTeK P4S800
RAM - 512mb
Graphics Card - Geforce 6800XT 256mb
80gb Hard-drive

A:Computer screen freezes, blacks out and then returns back to normal

Clean the hard drive of important data and only run what you need. An 80GB drive should be plenty if you watch what you are storing on it. Videos and games take up a lot of hard drive space. I run 2 drives. A 400GB and a 250GB. Bump your memory to 1GB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-screen-freezes-blacks-out-and-then-returns-back-to-normal.104385/
Relevancy 64.07%

Today I installed some recommended updates for vista and in the middle of the install everything became jumbo sized. Have tried to get it back to normal by going into control panel and changing settings but no luck. Please help me!

A:Solved: How do I get my screen, toolbar, and Icons back to normal size?

Have you tried holding down the CTRl and using the mouse scroll?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-get-my-screen-toolbar-and-icons-back-to-normal-size.730435/
Relevancy 64.07%

Well i found out it was my graphics driver intel accellerator could any oen assist me how to fix the black out becuase it gets on my nerves and that is not how my computer acted before and i wont the driver to work correctly in the right way i wont could any one help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

even just reinstalling wont fix it or updated to the latest still the same theres got to be another way my system is a acer aspire 5735 4gb ddr2 ram 160gb hard drive intel core 2 duo t5800 2.0ghz [email protected] accellarator 4 express chipset family driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-for-a-second-afetr-i-login-and-then-back-to-normal-strange.843984/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok I havent done much research on this or anything and obviously dont know much about it but, is it possible to hook a norm pc up to a laptop screen? I'm not talking about using video ins or anything on a laptop to do this, i mean by taking the screen off the laptop and maybe splicing the wires to make it work on a pc. Is there an adapter of some sort i would need to get?
Thanks for the help in advance
-Cosmoe

A:laptop screen on normal pc

If you also took the inverter out of the laptop I am sure you could ger it to work. It will not connect directly to the outpu of a PC video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-on-normal-pc.59935/
Relevancy 58.48%

Sorry for little bad english 555. I have used hp pavilion 14-v226tx for 2 years. Sometime when I use or even leave it alone, screen goes black (for 1-2 seconds) and back to normal suddenly. (Like flickers but take a longer time to return to normal screen). What happen to my PC? Or it just refesh a screen?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-goes-black-but-returned-to-normal-soon-after/td-p/5769663
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone this is my first post.

I have accuired a E-systems laptop off a friend which kept blue screeneing or with windows 7 jus crashes or wont load.
I thought by swapping hard drives and reformattting with brand new install of windows 7 or xp it should sort it. i get an error of windows 7 cannot digitally verify the disc and with windows xp i get a blue screen error on install.

so after than i then swapped out the ram to see if that was the problem, but it had the same problem still.

so in total i have put a new hard drive in, new ram, and tried a fresh install of windows, could this mean it has something to do with the processor, gpu or the mobo itself.

any light shed on this matter would be much appreciated

Cheers, Relcuse.

Relevancy 58.48%

The screen on my laptop is a lot dimmer than it normally is, even when it's on it's highest setting. I first started having this problem when I restored it to factory settings after getting a virus. The screen appears to be normal when it's starting up, like when the Windows logo appears. But when it gets to the login screen it gets a lot dimmer. So I'm fairly sure it has to do with drivers, and not the actual hardware being dysfunctional. I tried updating my BIOS and video drivers, but neither fixed the problem. If it matters, I have an Alienware m17x R3. Can anyone help me figure out the exact source of the problem and how to fix it?

Relevancy 56.76%

I bought a second hand old toshiba satellite l300 laptop from a garage sale because i was planning to use it for downloading it was a vista home premium so i updated it to windows 7 ultimate the problem is when i open it after upgrading (after few minutes) it freezes to white, blue or black screen. I rebooted it several times the same result happens.

I tried using it own safe mode but I don't experience the same problem, i just want to know what could be the possible reason for this to occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391113-laptop-freezes-white-sometimes-blue-black-screen-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi! I reinstalled windows the day before yesterday and since then every time I turn my laptop on after entering my password the screen turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on. This have never happened to me before. I tried putting my old windows back via Macrium Reflect and I even tried reinstalling it again but neither of those things helped. I have an Acer Aspire V3-572g laptop. Any idea what caused this and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance!

A:My laptop screen turns off then back on after the log-in screen

Hi, as you quite reasonably expect, shouldn't normally happen. That does happen e.g. after changing language, and for rather longer, but only the once, but I can't imagine that's relevant here.

Does it happen in safe mode?
If not, try a clean boot, and if that's ok, process of elimination.

Were any of your install attempts a clean install rather than an upgrade? If so and it still happens then you could try the version of your graphics driver used in Win 8 (but note Win 10/MS will quickly replace it unless you take precautions- see Tutorials)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36324-my-laptop-screen-turns-off-then-back-after-log-screen.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi guys i have verizon dsl service i m experience slow lagging and normal connections during the day like on and off on my desktop laptop has normal speeds called verizon dsl desktop,,laptop normal on and slow connection spped normal tech support everything was check fine so technician told me to run slow and normal dsl spped on desktop,,laptop normal connection antivirus mayget some form of malware etc after running kapersky everything was ok here is the log and thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TuneUp MemOptimizer quot C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF vzTCPConfig - http www verizon net checkmypc fio zTCPConfig CAB O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA KASPER KASPER adialhk dll O - Service Kaspersky Internet Security AVP - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe O - Service Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:slow and normal dsl spped on desktop,,laptop normal connection

bump....hope someone can help me with his problwm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-and-normal-dsl-spped-on-desktop-laptop-normal-connection.773375/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi guys i have verizon dsl service i'm experience slow lagging and normal connections during the day like on and off on my desktop laptop has normal speeds called verizon tech support everything was check fine so technician told me to run antivirus mayget some form of malware etc after running kapersky everything was ok here is the log and thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer and normal desktop,,laptop normal spped dsl on slow connection Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http slow and normal dsl spped on desktop,,laptop normal connection go microsoft com fwlink slow and normal dsl spped on desktop,,laptop normal connection LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TuneUp MemOptimizer quot C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htm O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF vzTCPConfig - http www verizon net checkmypc fio zTCPConfig CAB O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA KASPER KASPER adialhk dll O - Service Kaspersky Internet Security AVP - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe O - Service Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe -- End of file - bytes

A:slow and normal dsl spped on desktop,,laptop normal connection

bump....hope someone can tell me what happenms.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-and-normal-dsl-spped-on-desktop-laptop-normal-connection-316954.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i have windows vista i was trying to conect my laptop to my tv and pressed somthing,now when i plug cable into monitor plug it turns laptop screen off can you help me to get it back on please.

Relevancy 54.18%
Relevancy 54.18%
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone.  Sometimes a little knowledge is dangerous.  Here's what happened After an automatic update last night, my Envy 150 notebook screen stopped working.  I was able to connect to an external monitor with no problem.  I figured it was related to the update, so I tried to roll it back but was not successful.  So here's when I did the dumb thing: I thought maybe the monitor would work fine in safe mode, so I went into msconfig and checked the box to boot into safe mode. Well, now the display still doesn't work, but neither does the external monitor.  And I can't figure out how to get it out of safe mode because I can't see what I'm doing with no monitor.  Is there anything I can do to get out of this position? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Help-my-laptop-screen-is-black-and-I-can-t-get-back-in/td-p/5830373
Relevancy 54.18%

Im settig up my sister's new laptop, it is just keep going back to the first screen when you first turn it on

A:setting up new laptop keep going back to first screen

Hi @acilegna13, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read you post and wanted to help. I understand that the laptop is stuck on the first screen. In order to better assist you, can you post back the product number and version of Windows installed on the laptop?HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? Looking forward to your reply! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/setting-up-new-laptop-keep-going-back-to-first-screen/td-p/5685009
Relevancy 53.32%

Need to replace my laptop screen but there are several #'s back there and I don't know which is right.

1st one is LTN140W1-L01 with a barcode then below it 3W5L79708C then below that USP6639589/USP5280371

2nd one is a yellow tag. Left side top is LJ96-02302A. Then I big space and on the right: 140W1-L01(V/E) then a barcode then below: TA5A0708V144D0081

3rd one is B1225012000001 barcode then below V614LG400705YXXXXX

4th one on the metal frame that houses the lcd screen 051125 B11

So many #'s!

A:Solved: Which # on the back of my laptop screen is the part #?

If the manufacturer is one of the majors (Lenovo, HP, etc) you can get a list of field replaceable parts from their support site. If you tell us what the manufacturer is someone might be able to provide you an answer on the spot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-on-the-back-of-my-laptop-screen-is-the-part.906905/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys,i have a acer aspire 4738G laptop and i've been experiencing some issues with this lappy lately..

When i turn it on,once the fan start spinning much more faster,the screen goes blank for like 3sec and comes back..something like the win 7 aero problem or something..

Help would be good
Thanks.

A:Why does my Acer Laptop screen goes blank and comes back on?

Please describe accurately your issue, I can't understand

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309617-why-does-my-acer-laptop-screen-goes-blank-comes-back.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok I have my dad's laptop, can't figure out what's wrong with it. It's a 1 year old Hewlett-Packard, windows vista SP 1.

I'm tempted to just restore it. But if it's an easy fix, I'd rather not go to the
hassle of making discs.

We have a trend micro antivirus thing on here. It hasn't found anything.

Basically what it's doing is, every so often, the screen will just go black. It doesn't come back on, you have to shut the computer down and restart to fix it. The computer is not shut off though. You can still mess with the volume and turn the wireless thing on and off, via the onboard controls.

So I'm lost as to what to do. Tried googling it, couldn't find anything real specific. Thanks for any help in advance!

A:Laptop screen goes black, doesn't come back...computer is still on

hi have you tried updating the video drivers from hp support site for your model.does it do it if started in safemode.has it been dropped or damaged in any way

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-doesnt-come-back-computer-is-still-on-406155.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I purchased a hp pavilion laptop au 003 tx ON THE 26TH OF JUNE......since the second day the screen has been flickering......i called up the customer care and was told to update certain drivers which i did through the link i received from Hp......though after the updates the problem still persists.....i hv to call customer care atleast 20 times to connect.....kindly guide me on how to resolve my problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-BOUGHT-A-LAPTOP-12-DAYS-BACK-AND-MY-SCREEN-HAS-BEEN/td-p/5683657
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I could use some expert help please. I recently had to completely reformat my computer and now I dont kow how to get it back to normal for me. When the computer starts up it just goes to a welcome screen and asks me to log in user. I dont want this feature on. Before it just went to my desktop after start-up. Next when I start the computer there a saving files that comes up and it starts to save things and then goes away ? How do I fix this ?I thought I had aligned my printer and everything when I reinstalled but it asked me for the info again and to align the ink again. How do I save this info. Thats it for now. Thanks in advance for taking the time out to help me.. thanks Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-back-to-normal.128350/
Relevancy 51.6%

Why oh why is my laptop slower than day one?
Claen up, defrag, uninstalling unused software, All done
Is there anything else i can do?
I hear regcleaners are a complete waste of time, so other than a fresh install, is there any other way of gettin rid of all those file and folders that i dont need, (i dont know what to delete and what to keep)

Cheers future posters thanx for help.

A:Back to normal.

How old is the laptop?

SOmetimes the heatsink can get clogged with dust...and will run warmer than usual which will slow it down....and reg cleaners won't help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-to-normal.831211/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm new to 8.
was tinkering around with WMP, and permanently hid all the menus (including the organize button)!

how do i get it back to normal, that has the list in the right pane and the library, sorted by artist -> album the rest?

A:How do i get WMP back to normal?

got it.
just missing the right pane/list.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/47837-how-do-i-get-wmp-back-normal.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Over a week ago my computer got 'hit' while someone else was using it They were in a chat room I've removed trojans worms viruses spyware adware etc but I get some popups still I see what isn't supposed to be in my log but I don't know how to remove them permanently I think I need LSP Fix but I don't know how to use that either Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS Almost normal, please back help to SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM Almost back to normal, help please MPREXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHWEBSV EXE C PROGRAM FILES ALWIL SOFTWARE AVAST ASHMAISV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS HGVACX EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS XPMEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE Almost back to normal, help please EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIETAGBM DLL O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMPANION INSTALLS CPN YT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files Almost back to normal, help please google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run avast Web Scanner C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ASHWEBSV EXE O - HKLM Run ashMaiSv C PROGRA ALWILS AVAST ashmaisv exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run gwarcv C WINDOWS hgvacx exe reg run O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices avast C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKCU Run dthsd C WINDOWS hgvacx exe reg run O - Startup anhbi exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans html O - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGR... Read more

A:Almost back to normal, help please

Hello and welcome to TSF

I reccommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Please download QooFix9x and save it to your desktop. Do NOT run it yet.

Download
Cleanup! (Alternate Link)- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please open the QooFix9x folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. If you get a warning about running MS-DOS programs in Safe Mode, please just click OK to continue. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from Start > All Programs). Set the program up as follows:

Click Options
Move the slider button down to Custom CleanUp!

Check the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Uncheck the following :Scan local drives for temporary files

Click OK, Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. If prompted to reboot, click Yes.

Reboot your System in Normal Mode

Please post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the QooFix9x folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/almost-back-to-normal-help-please-97143.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was online trying to find some worksheets to print & at one point, this PDF program, I guess it was, had me download something & ever since then, I've had these ads & webpage pop-ups I don't want comes up on my webpages. I did a system restore, but it didn't help.

How do I get back to normal? Thanks.

A:Getting Back to Normal?

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-back-to-normal-732697.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've followed the procedures in "KRC Anti-Spyware Tutorial" to clean up my son's computer, including CWShredder, Ad-aware SE, Spybot S&D, and HJT.

HJT Log is attached. If you could look it over and tell what to do next, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Verlyn

A:Can you get me back to normal?

Verlyn's log...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:37:57 PM, on 11/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBPoll.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
c:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton GoBack\GBTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://download.softpedia.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02919B0D-F5BF-489D-816D-36AB05D5135F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1D4BE665-16C0-4FB7-B254-0FBD6A36EA1F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {65B58531-AAF0-4D40-A31A-48416A818225} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {1C78AB3F-A857-482e-80C0-3A1E5238A565} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/can-you-get-me-back-to-normal-23586.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My laptop HDD (bought last year) recently started to show SMART errors and Western Digital sent me a replacement drive. However, they want the old HDD back.

With the old HDD containing all kinds of private data etc. I would be using something like dban etc but was wondering why WD would take such a risk with client data.

Being WD, who knows if they can retrieve data even from a HDD where dban had run. All we need is one disgruntled employee and all hell would break loose.

Any pointers in discussing with WD about me keeping the old HDD with myself instead of returning it OR should I just dban the HDD and pray for the best when I return the failing HDD to WD?

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382151-normal-wd-get-old-hdd-back.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My laptop HDD (bought last year) recently started to show SMART errors and Western Digital sent me a replacement drive. However, they want the old HDD back.

With the old HDD containing all kinds of private data etc. I would be using something like dban etc but was wondering why WD would take such a risk with client data.

Being WD, who knows if they can retrieve data even from a HDD where dban had run. All we need is one disgruntled employee and all hell would break loose.

Any pointers in discussing with WD about me keeping the old HDD with myself instead of returning it OR should I just dban the HDD and pray for the best when I return the failing HDD to WD?

Thanks,

A:Normal for WD to get old HDD back?

WD needs the old drive back for a variety of reasons, such as they need the cores to make refurbished drives from and the sad fact there are some disreputable individuals who would claim that a drive went bad, even though it didn't, just so they can get a freebie.

As long as you wipe the drive (using DBAN is just one of many ways to properly wipe a drive) before sending it back (formatting or simply erasing will not wipe a drive of data), WD will not be able to recover any of your data. Just make sure you have at least one backup of your data (two would be safer) before you wipe the drive.

My one experience with getting a warranty replacement from WD went very well. I used their cross ship option where they immediately sent me the replacement drive (I got it in two days); I did have to allow WD to put a hold on my credit card for the cost of the drive in case I failed to return the old one within 30 days. After I received the replacement drive, I just used the packaging WD used to send me the replacement drive to ship the old drive back (WD is very particular about how a HDD is packaged when returning one so I took the easy way out). I also paid for the return shipping label through WD to take advantage of their significant volume discount. The hold on my card was lifted the same day they received the old drive back.

When shipping the old drive back and using a UPS label from them, don't just drop it into a drop off box. Take it to UPS or a UPS store so you can get a receipt to prove that UPS received the drive in case they lose it (I worked shipping and receiving off and on for 30 years). Be sure to follow the return directions to the letter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382151-normal-wd-get-old-hdd-back.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello.

I changed something from registry but I can't remember what exactly. Now I have bold fonts in combo boxes and in appearance window.

What is really annoying is that save and open buttons in file save dialog and in file open dialog are in bold too. Also that combo box in file save and in file open dialogs are in bold.

I have already turned all bolds of from "window Color and Appearance" window, but still font's I described are in bold.

Any ideas what font (marked with red on picture) it could be and how to change it from registry?

Here's my dialogs

Tahnk you!

A:How do I get back normal fonts?

Quote: Originally Posted by LoveW7

Hello.

I changed something from registry but I can't remember what exactly. Now I have bold fonts in combo boxes and in appearance window.

What is really annoying is that save and open buttons in file save dialog and in file open dialog are in bold too. Also that combo box in file save and in file open dialogs are in bold.

I have already turned all bolds of from "window Color and Appearance" window, but still font's I described are in bold.

Any ideas what font (marked with red on picture) it could be and how to change it from registry?

Here's my dialogs

Tahnk you!

Do you have a backup to restore from??

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/83294-how-do-i-get-back-normal-fonts.html
Relevancy 51.17%

HERE IS MY HIJACK LOG PLEASE HELP ME I DON T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED I NEED PLAIN ENGLISH AND quot IDIOT quot Normal My To Help Get Computer Back PROOF DIRECTIONS THANKS STACIA Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Help Get My Computer Back To Normal Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS Help Get My Computer Back To Normal SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C COMPAQ CPQINET CPQINET EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ DIGITAL DASHBOARD DEVGULP EXE C WINDOWS ptsnoop exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL CTNOTIFY EXE Help Get My Computer Back To Normal C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE LAUNCHER CTLAUNCHER EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBPCI AUDIOHQ AHQTB EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL MEDIADET EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES INCREDIMAIL BIN INCMAIL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ACD SYSTEMS ACDSEE CAMDETECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP MAXSPEED PROPELAC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM IEFEATURES EXE C PROGRAM FILES CLEARSEARCH LOADER EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SLMSS SLMSS EXE C WINDOWS MWSVM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HBINST EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON UTILITIES SYSDOC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C AOE ATTPLUS WBGMAIL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN PPSHARED EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BARTSHEL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BARTSHEL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ISP DIALER DIALER EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACRORD EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http desktop presario net scripts redirectors presario deskredir dll c c amp s consumer amp LC R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search presario net scripts redirectors presario srchredir dll c c amp s searchbar amp LC R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www att net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by AT amp T WorldNet Service R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost F - win ini run hpfsched O - BHO no name - DE - E - D -BEB -CBE C DD - C PROGRAM FILES ISP BIN BANDOBJECT DLL O - BHO no name - EF - - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS SYSTEM N TPA P DLL O - BHO DefaultSearch SeekSeek - C-F A- E-A C -C F - C WINDOWS IEASST DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar no name - B B B - A - D - A - ACA E - no file O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run CPQInet c compaq CPQInet CpqInet exe O - HKLM Run Digital Dashboard C Program Files Compaq Digital Dashboard DevGulp exe O - HKLM Run CountrySelection pctptt exe O - HKLM Run PTSNOOP ptsnoop exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run LVComs c windows SYSTEM LVComS exe O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run NPROTECT C Program Files Norton Utilities... Read more

A:Help Get My Computer Back To Normal

Hi stacia

Welcome to TSG!

The files we are going to delete may be hidden so click on My Computer then go to View > Folder Options. Click on the "View" tab and make sure "Show all files" is ticked and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types". Click "Like Current Folder" then click "Apply" then "OK"
Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close all windows except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000EF1-0786-4633-87C6-1AA7A44296DA} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\N3TPA1P.DLL

O2 - BHO: DefaultSearch.SeekSeek - {5074851C-F67A-488E-A9C9-C244573F4068} - C:\WINDOWS\IEASST.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {B195B3B3-8A05-11D3-97A4-0004ACA6948E} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Server Updt] C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSVersion] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNETFEATURES.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iefeatures] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IEFEATURES.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcloader] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\stcloader.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClrSchLoader] \Program Files\ClearSearch\Loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [slmss] C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss\slmss.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mwsvm] C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [absr] C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hotbar] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HBINST.EXE /Upgrade

O16 - DPF: {1678F7E1-C422-11D0-AD7D-00400515CAAA} - http://files.cometsystems.com/comet...mcc/mycomet.cab

O16 - DPF: {6B4788E2-BAE8-11D2-A1B4-00400512739B} (PWMediaSendControl Class) - http://216.249.24.140/code/PWActiveXImgCtl.CAB

O16 - DPF: {C1FB8842-5281-45CE-A271-8FD5F117BA5F} (DFRun Class) - http://www.gator.com/download/2500/iegator.cab

O16 - DPF: {E2F2B9D0-96B9-4B25-B90C-636ECB207D18} - http://spweb.whenu.com/WUInstSYNC.cab

O16 - DPF: {556DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521958} - http://69.56.176.77/webplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {2CAB81F6-1CBB-49FD-809E-B2D37D0CFFED} (IEFeature Class) - http://www.popmonster.com/control/src/iefeatures.ocx

O16 - DPF: {26E8361F-BCE7-4F75-A347-98C88B418322} - http://dst.trafficsyndicate.com/Dnl/T_168/QDow.cab

O16 - DPF: {421A63BA-4632-43E0-A942-3B4AB645BE51} - http://download-ak.systemsoap.com/s...stemsoappro.cab

Restart to safe mode and delete:

The C:\Program Files\ClearSearch folder
The C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss folder
The C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\mwsvm.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\stcloader.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNETFEATURES.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IEFEATURES.exe file
The C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HBINST.EXE file

How to start your computer in safe mode.
Go here and download Adaware 6 Build 181

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now and download the latest referencefiles.

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------ON=GREEN

From main window :Click Start then Activate in-depth scan (recommended)

Click Use custom scanning options then click Customize and have these options selected: Under Drives and Folders put a check by Scan within archives and below that under Memory and Registry put a check by all the options there.

Now click on the Tweak button in that same window. Under Scanning engine select Unload recognized processes during scanning and under Cleaning Engine select Let windows remove files in use at next reboot

Click proceed to save your settings.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Restart your computer.
Then go here and download Spybot Search & Destroy.

Install the program and launch it.

Before scanning press Online and Search for Updates .

Put a check mark at and install all updates.

Click Check for Problems and when the scan is finished let Spybot fix/remove all it finds marked in RED.

Restart your computer.

Be sure and take advantage of the Immuniz... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-get-my-computer-back-to-normal.196319/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone...

I really need help. My laptop was shut down incorrectly due to a power outage.. I was in the middle of a game. Now when I restarted the font, view is HUGE! I cannot get it back to normal.. I went into 'ease of access' and it says its on normal font not magnified... this is driving me nuts can someone please HELP? These letters are way too big!

Thanks!

A:Font help?? I cannot get it back to normal.

Hello Merc, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It may be stuck from a interrupted screen resolution transition from the game. Double check to make sure that you have the native screen resolution set for your monitor, and that the DPI setting is at 96 DPI. If it is to huge to see what you are doing, then you may need to boot into Safe Mode to make these changes instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218246-font-help-i-cannot-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Two weeks ago Webroot did a full sweep and told me it detected Rogue Security systems virus It was quarantined and I removed it After that I performed several full sweeps until three in a row said my computer was clean Then I had trouble getting my browsers to work - Firefox and IE Finally figured out by researching on another computer that Rogue Security Systems uses Proxy Settings so I disabled them Things seemed fine until yesterday morning when help computer to Need getting my back normal! I noticed that Webroot had Need help getting my computer back to normal! not updated definitions since the day I deleted the virus I called Webroot and went through about two hours of troubleshooting only for them to tell me to click a link that would place a logs file on my desktop then to log into Webroot and upload the file so they could view it I tried this and my browser kept telling me my server had timed out I contacted Webroot again and they suggested I put the file on a thumbdrive maybe and then get on my netbook and try it that way Did that and the same thing happened I really don t know what the problem is Please someone help me I work from home and really need my computer to work without having to worry about viruses Thanks in advance for any help

A:Need help getting my computer back to normal!

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332061/need-help-getting-my-computer-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator?

Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work.

If that can't be done, does anyone know a free small calculator-program?

A:How to get normal calculator back?

Originally Posted by Burgurne

I don't use touch, I don't have touch, I don't want touch. So why am I locked with a monster big calculator?

Is there a way to get the old small calculator back? I have tried to just copy the calc.exe from windows 8.1, but that don't work.

If that can't be done, does anyone know a free small calculator-program?

Microsoft Calculator PlusDownload Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/3921-how-get-normal-calculator-back.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys,

I don't know why this has just started, but every now and then my fan will kick on for about 10 seconds, and then go back to normal. Then a minute later it will kick back on for maybe 5 seconds, then go back to normal.

This just recently started happening.

What is the cause of this?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I decided to start a new topic because I ran into something that might be worth mentioning that was not included in the old topic. The problem was with windows picture and fax viewer but I noticed that when I try to open up a picture inside of a folder it works fine but when I try to open a picture on the desktop it will show me "generating preview..." and then closes without showing me picture. Another thing I noticed is that I made a shortcut on the desktop to that picture and that also works fine. I have Windows XP Professional SP3.

Thanks!

A:Getting Windows back to normal

The kindest thing I have ever found to say about the Windows Picture and Fax viewer is " That it works, sort of."

I came across Irfanview a few years ago and am now a fervent convert !  Superb image viewer, very quick thumbnails and some editing capabilities. It's primarily a viewer, not an editor. It comes in two parts - the basic program and the extensions, and you are best to download and install both. You can get it from here :

www.irfanview.com

Try it and see for yourself.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504104/getting-windows-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell computer running Vista. It had the Vista Security 2012 Malware virus. I think I got rid of it. However, every time I want to use a program or log into Firefox or IE, I get a window that wants me to tell it what program to use. I have a VISTA disk that came with the computer and discs for the drivers, etc. I can back up my files.

So, can I just re-install VISTA and get things back to normal?

A:Get My Dell Back To Normal

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/434249 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434249/get-my-dell-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

OK. So I have a freinds computer to fix. It was infected with some trash. It can be read about here..http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519918/antivirus-security-pro/  

I was able to get rid of it (I think)  but now I am trying to get everything back to Normal. All the small things like putting icons back on the desktop and having everything run normal. 

All of your help will be greatly appreciated.

John

A:Need help getting computer back to normal

Hi -
Please follow these few instructions and Copy and Paste the results here.
Download all programs to Desktop to run them - XP users double click on programs to run them,
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Next -
Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Copy / Paste the logs back here.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
* Check the list of programs you will be removing.
* NOW - Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.

* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523579/need-help-getting-computer-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I am soooooooo happy to have found you all I am at the end of my rope with my computer First I had to re-install my Win XP OS x and then I followed advice I saw on the internet to install Ad-Aware SpyBot and XP Tools which helped me to be able to at least get to Windows again but there are weird things happening in my system such as an autodial I did not install and cannot get out and I just installed Avast Anti-Virus but cannot get it to work after I used back me to my help computer normal... Please get XP Tools and there are things in my registry that I don t recognize and now I am even having trouble with my internet connection which is America Online it keeps shutting me down saying there is interference and to check my connection which I did but I don t understand the computer or internet connection all too well I am computer literate but not great Please help me get my computer back to normal... at it by myself I need help I am afraid with all these new spyware programs and stuff that I am making a worse mess of my computer each time that I try to fix something Oh when I found your forum boy did I get happy I downloaded the program HijackThis but don t know how to get the log to you so I will research your forum Please help me get my computer back to normal... and find out what to do and then send it Please help me get my computer back to normal... to you I simply cannot thank you all for what you do for people who need your help I am on disability right now but as soon as I return to work in a few weeks I will be honored to donate something to help your site stay working You guys are great and I thank you from the bottom of my heart -KimmyT nbsp

A:Please help me get my computer back to normal...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 12:27:24 PM, on 12/19/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe
C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Port Magic\PortAOL.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\waol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AMERIC~1.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\download\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\welcome.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RegistryMechanic] C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe /QS
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] c:\windows\system32\nerocheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [XP Tools] C:\Program Files\XP Tools\xptools.exe /min
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {37DF41B2-61DB-4CAC-A755-CFB3C7EE7F40} (AOL Content Update) - http://esupport.aol.com/help/acp2/engine/aolcoach_core_1.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E4689F82-AB2E-4736-A40F-C018F500AFA0}: Na... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-get-my-computer-back-to-normal.309446/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what causes this Ive tried everything but nothing seems to help About every to seconds the computer slows right down untill nothing not even the mouse will move After Down Then And Normal Slows To Goes 5 Sec? Back 10 Every Sec. then seconds after that it Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? just goes back to normal Thanks for helping Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec? EXEC PROGRA F-Secure BackWeb Program SERVIC EXEC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsgk st exeC Program Files F-Secure BackWeb program fsbwsys exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus FSGK EXEC Program Files F-Secure Common FSMA EXEC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fssm exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FSMB EXEC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC Program Files F-Secure BackWeb Program F-Secure Automatic Update exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FCH EXEC Program Files F-Secure Common FAMEH EXEC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsqh exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsrw exeC Program Files F-Secure Anti-Virus fsav exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FNRB EXEC Program Files F-Secure FWES Program fsdfwd exeC Program Files F-Secure Common FIH EXEC Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exeC Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXEC COMPAQ CPQINET CPQInet exeC Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXEC PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exeC Program Files Talk America Turbo Dialup slipgui exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www talkamerica net membersR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http motors ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http store presario net scripts redirect c c lc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch value not set R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page value not set R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Holy bleep batman its a web page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dllO - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exeO... Read more

A:Slows Down Every 10 Sec. And Then Goes Back To Normal After 5 Sec?

Hi Piper. Set Windows to show hidden files:Click Start. Open My Computer. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option. Click Yes to confirm. Click OK. You should reverse these settings when we have you cleaned up.Restart HijackThis and put checks next to the following, close all browser windows (including this one) then click on 'Fix Checked':R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/.../search/ie.htmlR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Search_URL = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = (value not set)R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = (value not set)R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [start extracting] spoolvse.exeO4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Service Pack 2] usbdrvs.exeNavigate to and delete the following, if present:C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolvse.exe <-------- Delete this file.C:\WINDOWS\System32\usbdrvs.exe <-------- Delete this file.Download the Hoster : http://www.funkytoad.com/download/hoster.zipunzip and start itpress 'Restore Original Hosts' followed by 'OK' Close the program.Reboot, then post a new HijackThis log and let us know how things are running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40637/slows-down-every-10-sec-and-then-goes-back-to-normal-after-5-sec/
Relevancy 50.74%

I opened up a game on my computer and when i exit everything was zoomed in help please I tryied everthing like the zoom in fuction and nothing worked

A:Zoomed in need help reverting it back to normal

Have you tried holding Ctrl key then rotating the mouse wheel?Otherwise, when you say "everything was zoomed in" do you mean just your browser or things like Word documents too? It's possible that the dots per inch setting has changed:http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...Note that the default setting is 100% so it should be at this setting unless you have changed it.To take this further the make and model number of your computer would be useful.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/zoomed-in-need-help-reverting-it-back-to-normal/333.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I was trying to make it so I could see where my appdata folder was in my user folder and now my PC name folder that was in quot users quot is no longer there My user folder had the name of my computer on it with a lock symbol I entered that folder found that appdata wasn t showing yet So I right clicked on the empty space in window selected properties and at the bottom can folder back fix user so my I to normal? How its checked the box quot hidden quot in the attributes section thinking this would show the hidden folders then I think I clicked okay Some processing took place and then the processing stopped How can I fix my user folder so its back to normal? mid way and a message came up I forget exactly what it said it asked me to give administrator permission to do something I then noticed the advanced button next to attritributes and thought maybe I was supposed to enable hidden folders in there and that enabling hidden attributes may have been a mistake so I cancelled out of the process midway at the point where I was asked for administrator permission Now my PC-name user folder has disappeared Can you please help me get it back Can you help me find the appdata folder too

A:How can I fix my user folder so its back to normal?

hi,try doing a system restore back to the day before you tried showing hidden file .

to change hidden file ,open [my]Computer ,,on the top left, go organize /folder and search options /view ,and un-check show hidden files and folders in there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434719/how-can-i-fix-my-user-folder-so-its-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. To make this short, I just have two basic questions, for now...

1. How far can someone go in formatting a drive on their computer?

2. Let's say you bought a computer and it came with it all the necessary cds, which I think is the case with most computer purchases. Could you go as far as you can with formatting all the drives (C: drive, E: recovery drive, etc.) on the computer, and bring it back to normal with those cds (cds containing windows, dell software, etc.) of course disregarding other downloaded files like word docs, videos + music etc.?

Thanks

A:Bringing Things back to Normal

Originally Posted by Wandering Flame

Hello. To make this short, I just have two basic questions, for now...

1. How far can someone go in formatting a drive on their computer?

2. Let's say you bought a computer and it came with it all the necessary cds, which I think is the case with most computer purchases. Could you go as far as you can with formatting all the drives (C: drive, E: recovery drive, etc.) on the computer, and bring it back to normal with those cds (cds containing windows, dell software, etc.) of course disregarding other downloaded files like word docs, videos + music etc.?

Thanks

You can completely delete partitions/add partitions and format your drive. I'm not sure what you mean by "how far". I guess the answer is "all the way."

When reinstalling the operating system, you can specify to format the hard drive. If you have any data you cannot afford to lose, you will need to back up your data first.

Installing and reinstalling Windows - Windows Vista Help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/250967-bringing-things-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok, so hi! Well, my name is Shawn and I got a problem.

A few days ago, my IE got hijacked. The target was specific911.com. Things are mostly back to normal now (thanks to the many guides here) but I stll have a few issues to clear up. What's the best forum in which to address this?

Windows 2000 Pro.
IE 6 SP1

Pretty much plain vanilla. Simple network, hardware firewall/router and that's about it. IIS is serving a web & ftp site if that makes any difference.
-SHAWN-

A:Looking for specific911 hijack "get me back to normal" help

Ok, we're here. Thank you -- whoever you are.

Now, specifics.

The original agent was a script. I unwisely said it was ok to run it before I got skeptical about the address.

SYMPTOMS:
Desktop instantly got plastered with porn.
Trying to launch nearly anything at all caused browser to open to specific911.com

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:
Rebooted to Safe Mode, Command Prompt Only.
CD to WINNT
start regedit
Search for and delete all references to specific911
Checked Run, RunOnce, RunServices and RunServicesOnce, nothing found.
Rebooted to Safe Mode
Ran Ad-Aware, removed all new critical objects.
Ran HijackThis, no maleware found. Three prevention policies removed.
Disconnected Internet pipe, rebooted normally.
Problem still existed, but this time browser first tried to DNS "Dimattic.com"
Reran HijackThis, found winsys.hta - deleted it.
Reran Ad-Aware, nothing found.
Rebooted normally, opened browser and hit Stop right away. Changed start page to about:blank. Reconnected pipe and rebooted. No more incidents of hijack.
Deleted nasty desktop items, cleaned up favorites, checked for bogus toolbars - none found.

RESIDUAL PROBLEMS:
Start-Run produces error message: "The Internet Shortcut cannot be run because failed to run." (That's a blank there between 'because' and 'failed').

Right clicking a "special" desktop icon (i.e. computer, network, explorer) and selecting Properties produces error message: "Cannot find the file 'rundll32.exe' (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all required libraries are available." Rundll is in it's usual location, the path looks good to me and I can't imagine what libraries it's talking about. Depends shows no external dependencies apart from the usual (which btw are all there).

Double clicking a folder shortcut on the desktop opens a default instance of Windows Explorer, not the target of the shortcut.

From Conrol Panel, Add Remove programs, cannot switch to "Add or Remove Windows Components".

FURTHER ACTIONS:
Reinstalled Internet Explorer SP1, reinstalled all patches. Problem still exists.

So, that's just about the whole story in a nutshell. I don't think there are any other lingering problems, but it's only been a day or two. I haven't noticed anything else. I *have* used most of the software that I consider "critical" and found it in working order. I would much rather fix these issues than wipe the whole thing out and reload everything. It takes a couple weeks to get everything tweaked right.

I do run a web site also. It's served by IIS 5. I use PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.1.7. None of it's functionality was affected.

TIA for any advice or solutions.
-SHAWN-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28073/looking-for-specific911-hijack-get-me-back-to-normal-help/
Relevancy 50.74%

K, I have XP and my settings have kinda changed.

Before, when I turned on the computer, it would ask who I would like to login with. It would have my own little logo and there was one extra account that had "x's"

Well, Now it goes to this little window where it selects my account and asks for a password, even though I can just press OK.

AND

When I shut down, it has a drop down list where I can choose RESTART, SHUTDOWN etc...
Before, I just clicked shutdown, it went to a blue screen where it would say "Saving settings..." and all that stuff.

How do I get it back to that!?!?!?!?!

-s64

P.S. I think it has something to do with changing my Net. Passport settings, if that helps.

A:[Solved] Returning XP back to NORMAL!!!!!!

Hmm, this might work:

Control panel>User accounts>Change the way users log on and off. Check the box that says Use the Welcome screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-returning-xp-back-to-normal.64073/
Relevancy 50.74%

1. any software or way to get my battery of x360 spectre back to normal again? previously it's like 10 hours online, now it's only like 6 hours online usage.2. any stylus pen I can use or buy n ship to my country to use with this x360 spectre laptop? Indonesian support did a bad job with no reply to me.. help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/get-my-hp-x360-battery-back-to-normal/td-p/5843009
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows 8 Pricing Goes Back to Normal - Yahoo! News

A:Windows 8 Pricing Goes back to normal

Gosh - that's a big increase.

I'm glad I grabbed the licences at the bargain price and did my upgrading over the holiday.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/18310-windows-8-pricing-goes-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there,

I just ran a clean boot on my Window XP computer on both Safe mode and normal mode using System Configuration Tool Method. Now the problem is fixed. When I finished, I uncheck the checkbox labeled "/SAFEBOOT" and click on the General tab and set it for Normal startup. But didn't work. I tried a few times and restart my computer a few times already. Did I do something wrong? Can someone help me out??

Thanks a lot,
Suzanne

Relevancy 50.74%

The control movement on my laptop is reversed and the display is inverted(upside down). How do I get things back to normal. Thanks

A:How do I get the control movement back to normal?

Rotating the screen image is a feature of the graphics card and is normally caused by accidentally pressing a combination of keys. To correct it, hold down Ctrl and Alt and press one of the four arrow keys (up, down, left or right) until you have it the correct way up.Alternatively, you probably have a Rotation setting in the display properties of the graphics card. If all else fails, restore the system to an earlier date.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-the-control-movement-back-to-normal/1904.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a Compaq Duo Core notebook, with 1GB ram and 100 GB HD. Running Win XP SP2. I have a lot of programs on the system and over the last week or so, I've noticed that the computer is very slow.

I use a program called Cleanse Uninstaller which has a junk file finder. I've used it to "analyse" what could be taken off and it presented me with a list of over 200 files. But which ones can I actually remove?? Furthermore, will this actually have a beneficial effect on the speed?

Also, I have Norton ghost 12.0. and an external drive of 120 Gb. I've been doing incremental backups of "my computer" and certain essential files. Everything appears to be working okay.

So, in a nutshell, how can I speed up the computer without risking programs and files?

Thanks,
ukprimaryteacher

Relevancy 50.74%

So here's another resolution post I did some looking around but some of these answers are over my head I've been get to crash, it normal Resolution back can't running Resolution crash, can't get it back to normal Win for about months everything has been fine The connection is a VGA cable into a DVI adapter I'm using an ATI card The monitor is a Westinghouse LCM w A few days ago I went into the driver manager to check if there was an update available Randomly my resolution went to crap and has been messed up ever since For whatever reason Windows will not detect the correct native resolution of x and I am not even given the option to select that resolution I'm currently at x I also had to make the monitor re-auto adjust to fit everything on screen properly I may note I didn't always have the Westinghouse I started using some silly Compaq monitor but it was a smooth transition when I got the Westinghouse I have deleted the video drivers reinstalled nothing I have gone so far as to format my hard drive and start with a fresh Windows install thinking something was messed up Still nothing I hope I have provided enough information help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Resolution crash, can't get it back to normal

Update: I just did a little experiment.

I shut down and hooked up that old Compaq monitor that I originally used. Windows detected the correct resolution of 1440x900 off the bat, and had it selected as "Recommended". Same connections and all.

I shut down again and hooked up the Westinghouse. Still have the same issue of incorrect resolution. Does it have something to do with the monitor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18899-resolution-crash-cant-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So my mother was recently using my laptop and she messed up how it types and keybindings. For example when I type "e" instead of the letter e I get 3. Or typing t gives me 5. There are others as well. I was looking onlihe how to fix this but none of the solutions work for me. As I type Im not even using my keybored because it is so bugged, but an online keybored. Please help.

A:Keybindings and shortcuts, how can I get it back to normal?

Hello doneill2000,

It seems your grandma enabled the numpad of your keyboard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Num_lock

Push the Numlock key to see if it can fix your problem.
If you can not find it, see if there is a Function key (F1-F2,etc) with a small image which looks like 'Tic Tac Toe' on one of them.

Once you found it, hold FN and push the F(num) key to enable/disable numpad.
Using the Number Pad on a Laptop keyboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362007-keybindings-shortcuts-how-can-i-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I ran Microsoft security essentials it found
1) Winwebsec
2) Win32/Medfos.gen!A
3) Win32/Medfos.b
4) Win32/Sirefef.AZ
5) Win32/Sirefef.AQ
6) Win32/Sirefef.AL

I know all of these are Trojans and according to Norton antivirus scan and Microsoft Security Essentials My Dell Windows Xp media edition is free of these pains in my.......

I can now access my firewall
I can now turn on security

What I can not do
1) is get rid of the lag
2) Most web pages I go to they can't be opened
3) there are boxes were pictures should be

I am new if I posted wrong please forgive me and let me know if there is anything else I can do. Thanks for your time.

A:Once Trojans are removed how do you get back to normal

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466925/once-trojans-are-removed-how-do-you-get-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 50.74%

hey.

i just recently changed my usb into a bootable usb disc following the steps from the tutorial posted on this site.

im just wondering how i could change it back to a normal usb.?

Thanks.

A:[Help]Bootable USB Disc back to Normal USB

Welcome aboard the Se7enforums! binny

Would this be a usb flash drive or pen drive or an external hard drive made bootable?

If you followed the guide for making up a usb key for example you would simply reformat the device by going into the Disk Management tool while it was plugged in. You would simply right click on the partition listing for it there and select the format option like you would for any hard drive internal or otherwise preferrably selecting NTFS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18317-help-bootable-usb-disc-back-normal-usb.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So I am having a weird problem where my computer would randomly freezes for around second to min During that freeze time i can still move my mouse around and click on things but the cursor would just show as busy After the frozen time has passed all the actions done during the freezing time would processed all at once I brought out the resource monitor and during that freeze time my cpu seems normal but my harddrive s highest active time is and bit Windows to 30second 7 64 min back for freezes 1 normal come than not read writing anydata I have ran memory test harddrive test and turns out fine Also this happened the second time when i was re-installing windows bit at the part where i was prompt to enter the product serial and kind of froze and then resume too Don t know if this is the same case Anyway any help will be appreciated as I have been dealing with this for the past week Below is what I have done so far but did not helped RMA the harddrive Change sata ports cables for harddrive Set to high-performance in power Turn off hardddrive sleep power savings Update the intel chip set Reinstall win in both IDE Windows 7 64 bit freezes for 30second to 1 min than come back normal ACHI mode Pray every night Below are my computer specs WDC Black TB rpm MB SATA Windows 7 64 bit freezes for 30second to 1 min than come back normal Gb s quot CORSAIR Windows 7 64 bit freezes for 30second to 1 min than come back normal Vengeance GB x GB Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz OCZ ZX Series W Fully-Modular PLUS Gold MSI N GTX-Ti Hawk GeForce GTX Ti GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD -B LGA Intel Z nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-64-bit-freezes-for-30second-to-1-min-than-come-back-normal.1019049/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had Windows installed on an SSD for a long time I am used to a fast boot up I installed Windows as a dual boot on a partition of my HDD I thought I would on occasion get familiar with Windows After the installation I noticed and expected a longer boot time because the new OS is on Windows revert boot to back 7 normal a to Need the mechanical drive The screen is black with increasing dots going across the top as if loading information Then the screen goes through a few black to a lite-black back and forth changes and then finally to the screen that you choose the OS you wish to boot screen I use Windows of the time and really haven't put Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot forth the effort yet as planned to become familiar with Win I have become quite annoyed with the long boot process I plan to reinstall Win in VMware so I can return to the boot time being Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot SSD quick I deleted Windows using msconfig Now when my PC starts it goes straight to Windows desktop however the long loading still occurs increasing dots across the screen I suppose you can see by now what my question Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot will be How do I get my PC to boot they way it used to Thank you for your replies Marshall

A:Need to revert back to a normal Windows 7 boot

I notice you have a Gigabyte board.

Does this sequence of dots last just about 20 seconds?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334804-need-revert-back-normal-windows-7-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

As the tilte says my CPU is jumping to 100% usage for a few seconds then back to normal (40-50%) when playing games.
This is more noticeable when I'm streaming and is more frequent.

This happens when playing games and streaming but not when idle or internet use.

My CPU jumps to 100% use and causing a massive fps drop froim 45-50 to 6fps for the few seconds that it is at full load.

CPU - FX 8320 @4.4Ghz
H100i Cooling
Motherboard - Asrock 970 extreme 4
GPU - GTX 550ti (evga stock speeds)
12GB ram - 8gb crucial tracer tactical and 4gb corsair vengance
1tb WD Black for main storage and OS
1tb WD blue for recordings
264gb ssd's with DayZ on one and arma 2 on the other

any help would be great.

A:CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Alright, what's the process taking up 100% CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-jumps-to-100-then-back-to-normal-when-playing-games.199679/
Relevancy 49.88%

Now, I did something pretty stupid. All my .sfk files (Which help WMP open all my .mp3 .avi .wav EVERYTHING open) are changed to open with iTunes. This was a stupid mistake, and I don't know how to change the properties to default again. Anyone that knows what to do? Please, tell me all known solutions.

A:Need to know how to: Change properties to .sfk file back to normal

Default File Type Associations - Restore may help. Post back whether it solves the problem or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229551-need-know-how-change-properties-sfk-file-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I changed in command prompt my Autotuning level to disabled
It made my download speed worse and my upload speed to nil.
I tryed to set it back to normal and it gave me a Ipv4 needs elevation.
so i checked netsh interface tcp show global and I got this

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Timothy>netsh interface tcp show global
Querying active state...
TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Chimney Offload State : disabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : disabled
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : none
ECN Capability : disabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled

C:\Users\Timothy> any help to bring my autotuning back to normal would be much appreciated thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244871-changeing-autotuning-level-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.88%

On my instructions to clean up my computer it says:

reboot in safe mode
hold F8
use arrow keys to safe mode
press enter

then after a few instruction it says:

Reboot system "back" to normal mode
can anyone be more specific like

my first step is to restart my computer and as its restarting I should hold the F8 key???
and how do I reboot BACK to normal mode???

it just sounds risky to me
can someone please walk me through this

A:Safe Mode F8? Rebooting Back To Normal?

Hi. Those directions refers to the menu that appears when pressing F8 key at boot. Depending on Windows version, one or more options are labeled as "safe", meaning Windows will load with only the essential components so you can fix what could be wrong with normal boot. "Back to normal" means rebooting out of "safe mode" once the problem is fixed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44394/safe-mode-f8-rebooting-back-to-normal/
Relevancy 49.88%

Two PCs here, one with Windows Business other with Ultimate have the same problem.
They don't crash or completely stop, nor go slow along the day. They just give me several small halts during the entire operation.
Everything is up to date, during stress test no problems are noticeable but (one PC is overclocked by 40%, other is stock).
Full virus check, nothing found.
Can't get why this is happening here.
Some help please, this is really driving me crazy.
Thanks!

A:Quick Halts/Freezes than back to normal

Hello too. We need your MSINFO.nfo files, for both the PCs.

upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253608-quick-halts-freezes-than-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i'm not sure if it's only internet explorer or in firefox as well, my text is all small letters: how do i reset to normal ? thanks either i hit a key (f key? ) by mistake, or maybe when i startedd up a game by mistake , then escatped out ot it; thanks

A:text is stock on small : how do i get back to normal ?

Hi which version of internet explorer are you using this is for ie 8 Internet Explorer Text Size - How to Modify Text Size In Internet Explorer 8 - About Web Browsers - The Page Menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/text-is-stock-on-small-how-do-i-get-back-to-normal-647707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,I was messing around in windows 7 disk management,trying to make my 2nd drive visible,but I didnt know what I was doing. I thought it as all good when I changed the partition to dynamic because I could access the drive. But now I need to make that drive normal again so I can boot from it.
Can anyone help me?

A:change a dynamic partition back to normal

See this post:
http://forums.techguy.org/6984131-post4.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-a-dynamic-partition-back-to-normal.921933/
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop has been randomly running extremely slowly to going slowly and running then Randomly back normal. for a few minutes at a time and then it will go completely back to normal again One example is that when playing a game like Starcraft my frame rate will drop from over down to between and and then it will go back to over again ---------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pandepic at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E Randomly running slowly and then going back to normal. A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FAService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFusionService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files x Roozz RoozzHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFusionController exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienwareAlienFXController exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files x Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows splwow exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Alienware On-Screen Display AlienwareOn-ScreenDisplay exe C Program File... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

hi bleeping computer ,
                                     i ve been facing this problem . when im online monitor screen goes black and configuration changes and comes to normal . it blacks out for a second when connected to internet. wnt to check for malwares and system hijacks. and to check for whther network card is teamed? help

A:monitor goes black and configuration changes and comes back to normal when onlin

Ok rocky ...let's run these...let me know.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. P... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548068/monitor-goes-black-and-configuration-changes-and-comes-back-to-normal-when-onlin/
Relevancy 49.45%

help plz not really a problem but just wont to get rid of it i dont wont any black outs becuase your surrpose it should not have it i think it was my in tal graphics accelarator driver that caused it but reinstalling just did not work could someone help

A:Sceen goes black for 1 second then back to normal when i have logged in windows xp

Closing duplicate post, please do not post duplicate threads for the same issue as per the forum rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sceen-goes-black-for-1-second-then-back-to-normal-when-i-have-logged-in-windows-xp.843931/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have Vista 64 and 4gigs of ram.

When I first got this computer (and up until recently) it would boot extremely fast:
Blue Hp screen
DOS dash
Windows Corp load bar
and then Vista login screen

Now this is the sequence:
Blue Hp screen
DOS dash
Windows Corp load bar
then BLACK screen with mouse pointer in the middle
about a minute and a half later the Vista login screen.

I've gone into the system performance and there are no 'startup' issues or recommendations.

Advice/Recommendations welcome and appreciated.

Non-Windows items installed:
ESET NOD32
Acronis True Image 11
Using USB mouse & Keyboard

Note: I noticed one time that my computer would not boot and that I had my external hard drive plugged in. I thought that was the issue so now I leave it unplugged when I start the computer up.

Thanks

A:Vista boot time increasing.... help get it back to normal?

Hi. . .

Welcome.

I would like for you to re-boot the do the following -

Please click on the Live SysInternals AutoRuns link below in my sig area. Save it to desktop. Then download the attached zip file and extract the lone batch file to your desktop. Go to your desktop, right-click on the batch file and select run as administrator. You will see the black "DOS" screen appear and scroll followed by the green status bar. It will take a few minutes to run. It will dump the app and system logs, run AutoRuns, msinfo32 and dxdiag. The output will be in a new folder found within your documents folder named TSF_Vista_Support.

It is imperative that you download AutoRuns 1st - or the job will fail.

Zip the contents of the new folder up and attach to your next post.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-boot-time-increasing-help-get-it-back-to-normal-288968.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here is the situation. My computer has been working fine for months. I had 2 HDD's, a dvd drive, and a floppy connected. Today I removed one of the HDD's that wasn't in use. I rebooted my PC and it said boot disk error.

Anyway I change my cables, nothing seems to work. I have one set of IDE cable that is connected to the dvd drive, and other set of ide cable was connected to the hard drives.

I tried connecting the hard drive on the same cable as the dvd drive ide cable, but then it doesn't even seem to detect the dvd drive.

Please somebody help me put my mind at ease!!!!!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

OK, last night I went to bed and everything was working fine. This morning I woke up and found that my pc had "recoverd from a serious error". Now it periodically will lock up, the monitor goes black, then everything goes back to normal. This takes about 15 sec's for the whole process. After it repeats that a few times, it eventually reboots itself. I've been unable to find anything in the event log that helps me yet.

Any suggestions?

A:PC freezes momentarily, monitor goes black then back to normal

I suspect a piece of hardware is going out. Often this is the video card. If you have another to swap its a good place to start.

Also in My Computer(right click)/Properties/advanced tab/startup and recovery
make sure in System Failure "auto restart is disabled'. If the card or any hardware fails the system will reboot every time you try to start it. I believe BSOD is better than that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-momentarily-monitor-goes-black-then-back-to-normal.764301/
Relevancy 49.45%

Seeking a solution to the problem with this:
DVD drive is powered off, Lenovo X230, Windows 8.1 64 bit
and found that in the safe mode (minimal), the problem does not exist.
For trouble I decided to try other options of safe boot to have further information.
After restarting in safe mode "?ctive difrectory repair"', I can not turn back to Normal Startup.
I see only pure blue screen with only one button with restart and shut down, there no any key on the keyboard who work, left click not working too. And I can not access to msconfig and startup manager to change this setting.

But I have a bootable disk and I can edit registry but I do not know what do I have to do to get back Normal startup.
Please, help me! Thank you all in advance!
Excuse me for my english.

A:After Safe mode I can not turn back Normal Startup

With your boot disk you get it to boot normally ?

Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in

If so see picture:

Post back with results please.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36203-after-safe-mode-i-can-not-turn-back-normal-startup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys

I shall explain what I mean in the title of this post. While making a Windows 10 boot USB I made an error and selected my external USB disk instead of a USB stick. After Media Tool was done with creating the boot USB, the system shows the USB disk as bootable one, which was expected, but also showing it's max capacity at 30GB instead of original 500GB.

Two questions:
1) Is there anyway to revert and/or get back the data from the disk from before making it a bootable USB
2) If the above is not possible, how to format it to it's original form. Currently when going to format tool it only shows me an options to formt as 30GB drive

Thanks in advance for help

A:Bringing the USB used for Windows 10 boot back to it's normal state

I believe that the MCT (media creation tool) formatted the disk as FAT32. It's possible to make a FAT32 drive larger than 32GB, but apparently the MCT went for the oldest, most compatible form.

If you lost data on the external HD, you may be able to recover some of it. I've never used it, but people seem to like the free version of Recuva:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

If you wish to format the external drive and recover its capacity, format it as NTFS.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65012-bringing-usb-used-windows-10-boot-back-its-normal-state.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason, my computer:

Compaq Presario S6900NX
AMD Athalon 64 3200
160 GB 7200 RPM Ultra DMA Hard Drive
1 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
GeForce FX 5500 256 MB RAM

which ran EQ2 just fine for a couple years, has started freezing up for about 5 seconds every 5-10 minutes and then it jolts back into the game as if nothing happened. I have no idea why.

The other symtom is that the sound will continue to play while the screen freezes, and then right before it jolts back into the game, the music skips really fast like a skipping CD, and then it's all normal after it jolts back.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mike

A:Everquest 2 Freezing for a few seconds and then jolting back to normal, off and on

A friend told me to replace my video card. But I don't want to buy a new card only to find out that this wasn't the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!

Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everquest-2-freezing-for-a-few-seconds-and-then-jolting-back-to-normal-off-and-on.640717/
Relevancy 49.45%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on to normal....or get Help back the heck home my what please tell wrong page me is me Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor Help me get my home page back to normal....or please tell me what the heck is wrong exe Help me get my home page back to normal....or please tell me what the heck is wrong C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA SPRINT SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS Help me get my home page back to normal....or please tell me what the heck is wrong system cidaemon exe C Program Files Digital Asphyxia Y TunnelPro V Build YTunnelPro exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME SHANNO LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NAVW EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Windows System wsaupdater exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO no name - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO IeHelper Class - A D -B - F-B A-A A DC D - C WINDOWS system smiehlp dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar no name - D BACF- DE - B -AE -D B D B - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Help me get my home page back to normal....or please tell me what the heck is wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-get-my-home-page-back-to-normal-or-please-tell-me-what-the-heck-is-wrong.411180/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,
I recently was messing around with the ease of access settings in Windows 8, and I bumped up the size of the mouse cursor. Unfortunately, this setting seems to be broken in Windows 8, because now it won't revert back to the smallest setting, which is the default. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Mouse Cursor Size - Won't Change Back to Normal

try system restore....wait, before that try control panel > mouse > pointers

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/281061-mouse-cursor-size-wont-change-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I must have clicked the wrong button and messed something up becuase now when i go to webpages all text is italic and in AIM all text is italic. I dont know what to do and it is very annoying. Please help.

Thanks,
GamerSC1

A:[Resolved] All defualt text is italic.. Don't know how to go back to normal..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-all-defualt-text-is-italic-dont-know-how-to-go-back-to-normal.129806/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been running Win8's Explorer (file) using Classic Shell to retain the Win7 classic look and feel
of Win7. For unbenowst reasons today the Explorer no longer appars as the old Win7 version, but instead
has reverted back (up to?) the Win8 version (which I dislike) for a totally unknown reason.I reinstalled
the latest version of Classic Shell with no change occurring. What I cannot to work correctly is the
tree view (the with right pointing drop down arrows) drop downs displaying, and there does not seem
to be an option to enable/disable the tree view.

I am very open to suggestions.

eatc7402

A:Win8 File Explorer defaulted Back to 'normal'

Try these troubleshooting steps: Classic Shell: FAQ

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/42522-win8-file-explorer-defaulted-back-normal.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm exhausted from looking for it, and I can't find an answer.
It's just that: how do I backup my normal.dot to save my toolbar settings and such? And how do I back up my custom dictionary?

I'd really appreciate some help, please

Relevancy 49.45%

I dont know why this comes out as one block of text someone help me please Hi I have been having this bizarre problem for the past few weeks and have tried everything I can think of to no avail At first I noticed my CPU temperatures were way too high and I noticed using RealTemp that the CPU load was Then when I opened the task manager to check what was happening it immediately goes back down near After a few at task back manager load GPU 100%, open normal when to weeks of trying to solve this the problem has somehow mo ved over to my GPU - load then when I open task manager it goes back near This does not seem to happen of the time buy I can t figure out what is different when it does I figure this might be some kind of virus that hides itself when it is being monitored So far I have run scans with malwarebytes spybot and various other tools with nothing really coming up Thanks for your assistance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Michael Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe E FX Downloads RealTempBeta RealTemp RealTemp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft GPU load at 100%, back to normal when task manager open Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink GPU load at 100%, back to normal when task manager open LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R GPU load at 100%, back to normal when task manager open - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AMD SteadyVideo BHO - C BAE- C- E D- FC -E A C D - C Program Files x amd SteadyVideo SteadyVideo dll O - BHO IESpeakDoc - D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive amp quot C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe amp quot s O - HKLM Run StartCCC amp quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe amp quot MSRun O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper amp quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe amp quot O - HKLM Run SDTray amp quot C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe amp quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM amp quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe amp quot O - HKCU Run Steam amp quot E Games civ Steam exe amp quot -silent O - HKCU Run F lux amp quot C Users Michael Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe amp quot noshow O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-load-at-100-back-to-normal-when-task-manager-open.1086174/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone This is my first post to this forum I am in charge of minor computer problems at my work By minor I mean I'm a power-user but never got any official computer education I'm a power-user and most people at work know nothing about computers However some problems exceed my knowledge So here's a problem I came accross fooling around with Windows XP OS Windows XP Pro version French SP Context I work in a but not to to DPI normal, XPSP3: Changed back restored fully higher then garage and our cash register system works on Windows My boss bought some brand new shiny inch LCD monitors with native resolution of x However most staff find it hard to read the text on the screen too small at x resolution but lowering the resolution lowers the quality of image too it XPSP3: Changed DPI to higher then back to normal, but not fully restored blurs text characters So what I did is played with the DPI Problem I thought increasing the DPI would settle my problem but the text in our main software for cash register was not displaying correctly So I changed the XPSP3: Changed DPI to higher then back to normal, but not fully restored DPI back to normal size Problem is all the text went back to normal but taskbar icons stayed bigger taskbar height stayed bigger too the border around desktop icons stayed bigger too making it impossible to put an icon XPSP3: Changed DPI to higher then back to normal, but not fully restored right above the start button like usual To make a story short I changed the DPI from to then back to on a computer and from to to on another computer but not everything was restored to the normal state which occurs when installing Windows on both computers Type of solution wanted I want the size of everything fonts margins bars icons to be reseted back to original Windows defaults and if this is a known issue an explanation of why or how it happened Thanks in advance BEEEE

A:XPSP3: Changed DPI to higher then back to normal, but not fully restored

Hello BEEEE

Here are some things to try

1. Unlock the Task Bar if it is not already unlocked. Put your cursor on the top of the task bar, it will become a double arrow. Now, carefully left click and drag the task bar down.
If you drag it down too far it will disappear, so be careful. You can get it back by just reversing the drag.
When you get it where you want it, lock it again.

2. Unlock the Taskbar, disable Quick launch, then re-enable Quick Launch

3. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Display
Choose the Advanced Tab
Go to the Active Title Bar option, and ensure that the font size is no larger than 8 point (Tahoma recommended).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xpsp3-changed-dpi-to-higher-then-back-to-normal-but-not-fully-restored-385221.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So, I have done everything, virus, adware, and spyware scans. Ran Atf cleaner and some others, everything is ok on that end.

But this has been going on for weeks now. Seems to be maybe graphic related, its not so much programs on my computer. Its the internet, when I open up Firefox, it will freeze, load websites, it will freeze. Lasts for about 10 seconds and then it is fine. I noticed when someone IMed me on Yahoo it did it as well. Is there any way that I can diagnose this to see whats going on?

A:When I open a program, computer freezes for about 10 seconds, and goes back to normal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-open-a-program-computer-freezes-for-about-10-seconds-and-goes-back-to-normal.864792/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm moving overseas and I'm prepping a Netbook computer to take with me as I don't get my desktop computer over there for a few months I have an extrernal drive enclosure that my current Desktop system drive will fit into nicely and it has TB of free space My idea is to Shut down my desktop Move its boot drive into the enclosure Use it as an external storage device for my netbook Portable Boot Make then to drive back System and Normal until my desktop arrives Both systems are running Windows Ultimate I'm just concerned that when Win sees that the external drive is a system disk it will force me to change disk types in such a way that it won't work as a boot disk when I put it back into my desktop computer I don't think I'll have any problems using it for storage on my Netbook The reason for this is months is a long time and I don't have a lot of Make Boot System drive Portable and then back to Normal funds available before I go In fact I think I've already overspent ooops your thoughts

A:Make Boot System drive Portable and then back to Normal

What i Suggest is that you Partition the drive so you use the Extra space as Space and not corrupt the desktops Boot drive.

To partition the drive goto "My Computer" Right click and manage, find drive Drive Management Select your Drive and Shrink. It will give you a amount of space that your able too use.

Good Luck

Roger

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/83605-make-boot-system-drive-portable-then-back-normal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello audio. to from trojan: normal except everything battling "Malware back Recovering Defense" the there admins and fellow forum members Recovering from battling the "Malware Defense" trojan: everything back to normal except audio. Well I have to say that Malware Defense krl mainweq dll was one hell of a clever trojan I spent all weekend battling with it and I seem to have removed nearly every trace of it thanks to the wonderful tutorial on this website However there s one thing I can t seem to fix Simply put my audio doesn t work The speaker icon in the lower right corner of the screen displays an X next to it When I try to open Volume Mixer it says quot No audio device is installed quot However when I go into the Device Manager everything seems normal The driver is Conexant High Definition Audio When I look at driver details the following are listed C Program Files CONEXANT CNXT HDAUDIO UIU a exe C Windows system CnxtAp dll C Windows system drivers CHDRT sys C Windows system drivers drmk sys C Windows system drivers portcls sys C Windows system SysFxUI dll C Windows system UCI A dll C Windows system WMALFXGFXDSP dll I ve already tried uninstalling reinstalling the driver but that didn t work Anyone have any ideas Perhaps some files are missing Should I post a HijackThis or Malwarebytes log just for the sake of being thorough Any assistance is greatly appreciated

A:Recovering from battling the "Malware Defense" trojan: everything back to normal except audio.

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286204/recovering-from-battling-the-malware-defense-trojan-everything-back-to-normal-except-audio/
Relevancy 48.59%

For some reason, my start menu has suddenly become ridiculously tall, spanning the entire height of the screen. This image might give a better idea: imgur: the simple image sharer.

I have no idea how or why this happened. I tried searching for the problem, but I can't find a single thing even remotely related. My recent items count is at 0, so it's nothing to do with that. I've already tried fiddling about with the setting for that, but with no success at all. I tried a system restore to before this occurred, but this had absolutely no effect either. It's only affecting this profile, and no others (although, really, the only others are guest or temp accounts).

I've come hoping that someone in this forum may be able to suggest something.

A:Start menu is suddenly insanely tall and won't change back to normal

Hello DorsalAxe, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below for "recent programs" instead of "recent items" to see if that may be able to help.

Start Menu - Change Height

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235712-start-menu-suddenly-insanely-tall-wont-change-back-normal.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Firewall and off and to System Removed back my normal expect... PC Restore everything Solved: mate problem connecting to internet All i did my best to remove quot fake System Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect... Restore quot off my friend PC using mbam exe in Safe Mode and restored documents and programs using unhide exe from Bleeping Computer and everything is OK apart from Internet which is Unidentified Network - No Internet - Public access amp when i tried to start Windows Firewall i get this error code x c I think it Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect... s related to each other but im not sure Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name y-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - C-C - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b cf e Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FB- - - - C-C - - B- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Click to expand Tested internet on my laptop and internet works fine as normal IP v was missing as i tried to turn off this to see if IPv can connect Forgot to include HJT logs Will send when i come to mate s house nbsp

A:Solved: Removed System Restore off my mate PC and everything back to normal expect...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-removed-system-restore-off-my-mate-pc-and-everything-back-to-normal-expect.1024751/