Windows Support Forum

Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes

Q: Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes

Recently been having problems with burning DVD s Dvd's properly freezes while but burning playing At first was using Power Producer on a recently re-formatted Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes computer with Window s XP Burned off two or three different movies and suddenly any time we tried to burn it froze around - through the burn process ruining the disk Upgraded to Power Producer and burn process compleated seemingly without a hitch until we tried to actually watch the movie At about hour into the movie the DVD freezes and there is no way to get past that point Tried running DVD in computer and useing the slidebar to scan ahead in the Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes movie this froze windows media player and restarted the computer Called a local computer repair place and they were pretty clueless Does anyone have any idea what might be causeing this I know we had been adding different Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes things as the computer was just reformatted I just can t pinpoint what might have caused it Burning CD s with Nero works perfectly Could it be a driver issue I am getting so frustrated I ve gone through about blank DVD s trying different things to fix this I don t want to have to re-format the computer all over again to try and fix this problem so anyone who knows the cause the info would be MUCH appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dvd's burning properly but while playing freezes

Break out the Fiddle.......

Just because Nero will burn a CD, doesn't necessarily indicate that the drive is in good health. I have no experience with "Power Producer", so I don't know what the need for it would be. On older machines, (3 years or so), Nero 6 (full retail version only) has DVD-Video burning capability. I have found (personal experience only here) that burning DVD-Video onto DVD+R blanks usually generates the highest number of DVDs compatible with most stand-alone players. Granted, Nero 6 is the worst movie EDITING program I have ever seen, so if you're trying to edit footage, we can look for another solution. Lock-ups are sometimes caused by read and write lasers being out of alignment with each other, so could be the drive also. You must consider the possibility that simply because the drive finishes the task, doesn't necessarily indicate that it's done correctly. I don't think reformatting the HDD should be your first thought about how to solve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvds-burning-properly-but-while-playing-freezes.99057/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,
I'm planning to make an order on simpleshoppinglink.com buy I'm still thinking: I want to buy a powerful machine for playing new big games and decided to ask someone's thoughts about it. So what would you buy for playing games: PC or Laptop?
If you choose PC: i7 4790k or i7 4930k? or another proposes?
If you choose laptop: which one?

A:What would you buy for playing games?

An i5 with a good video card. Games are GPU intensive so you'll need a video card to handle the latest games with 8 gigs of memory.

I personally play on a PC. There are those who play on a laptop. It boils down to a personal preference. if you need the mobility you go laptop. However, I can build a PC significantly cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-buy-for-playing-games.215861/
Relevancy 21.5%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-connect-an-external-hdd.180809/
Relevancy 22.36%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have not long updated my computer and I was on a bit of a budget I done a ATX build and I bought Of FPS Warcraft Troubles World Playing While MSI - Z -G GAMING MS- mother board Microsoft Windows Ultimate Edition -bit Service Pack Build Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz GB Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR MHZ ram x GB MSI NVIDIA FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft GeForce GTX GDDR SDRAM GB PCI Express x Graphics Card Thermaltake Slim x CPU Cooler cm Corsair CX M Builder Series W Power Supply I have TB hard drive I play World of warcraft and I beleave the Lag problem might be down to my i CPU Here is a text file from CPU-Z WAYNEO-PC txt The NVIDIA Geforce Experience Recommends settings for the game and says I should be able to runt he game in ultra so I tell it to do this when I go and play the game it is laggy I have MS Home and world latency any info and help would be very welcomed as my mind is blank and I dunno what is causing it When the computer started up for the first time I went into the BIOS settings and clicked on OC GENIE and it is ment to OC it to what it can If you need any more info please let me know many thanks nbsp

A:FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft

I am thinking about getting a Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB to replace my i3 can I also get feed back on this is it worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-troubles-while-playing-world-of-warcraft.205463/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 26.66%

So currently I have a modem in the living room Cisco EPC and then it goes all the way to my room to a Cisco WRTG V router Yesterday out of the blue it stopped working This is because I previously had routers in the network Asus and Cisco anyways I decided to disconnect my asus and use only the cisco but the router just won t work I reseted it to it s fabric settings But when I log into it it says the router s IP adress is And hands out IP adresses to my pc such as I have no idea what to do Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search Router work won't properly List sbb rs Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - Router won't work properly -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Router won't work properly IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Wednesday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap sbb rs Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix sbb rs Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ebd bbaa ebd bbaa Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users MiKi gt This is my ipconfig with the modem and this is with my router Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MiKi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MiKi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address - B- - -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday June AM Lease Expires Thursday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B -D -EB- - B- - -B - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BE - - BA - E- B A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users MiKi gt nbsp

A:Router won't work properly

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the router? (long press)
I have seen this 'reset button' on several router brands/models like tp-link (tl-wr941n, tl-wr740n old version, tl-wr740n newer version), buffalo draft-N routers, cdrking routers (made in china router brand sold in the Philippines).

if the reset process I described is the same as what you typed in your first post, try to manually change the router ip address.

my wimax modem ip address = 192.168.1.1
so for the tp-link wr-740 router, I use ip address - 192.168.0.1

login to your router and change it. if there's any save button, click it. my router prompts me to reboot the router. after a few seconds, the preferred ip address I have chosen is good for use.
(I have hidden my MAC address)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-wont-work-properly.203477/
Relevancy 22.36%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi

Recently I have been getting this weird problem, when playing some graphically demanding games, my pc blacks out for a few seconds then comes back, and sometimes this happens continuously while playing. So I don't know what is actually the problem as I think I have a fairly good pc, please help.

PC Specs:
CPU Intel i5 2550K 3.3Ghz
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Gainward GTX560 Ti 1gb
PSU: Corsair 550w

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-blacks-out-when-playing-graphically-demanding-games.203153/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help me with my prob.my laptop seems fine when im using it without internet.but when I open my browsers after a few seconds it will freeze so I have to restart my laptop again.I dont know what seems to be the problem.

A:My laptop freezes when i try using internet

Does it happen to all browsers (e.g IE, Chrome, Firefox, Palemoon)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-try-using-internet.202817/
Relevancy 26.66%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 22.36%

As the tilte says my CPU is jumping to 100% usage for a few seconds then back to normal (40-50%) when playing games.
This is more noticeable when I'm streaming and is more frequent.

This happens when playing games and streaming but not when idle or internet use.

My CPU jumps to 100% use and causing a massive fps drop froim 45-50 to 6fps for the few seconds that it is at full load.

CPU - FX 8320 @4.4Ghz
H100i Cooling
Motherboard - Asrock 970 extreme 4
GPU - GTX 550ti (evga stock speeds)
12GB ram - 8gb crucial tracer tactical and 4gb corsair vengance
1tb WD Black for main storage and OS
1tb WD blue for recordings
264gb ssd's with DayZ on one and arma 2 on the other

any help would be great.

A:CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Alright, what's the process taking up 100% CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-jumps-to-100-then-back-to-normal-when-playing-games.199679/
Relevancy 26.66%

So the issue is that the hdd appears in my computer but only as a local disk, it doesn't show any used space like it should normally and when I access it it says the folder is empty.

I've tried that disk management and changed volume letter two times to no effect and I've also tried to go in device manager and delete the usb mass storage driver and it had no problem reinstalling it again but to no effect.

I was wondering if it would help with a quick format but that would mean losing 1tb of stuff I have there... is there anyway I can get it to work without having to lose anything ??

A:External hdd not reading properly

What is the actual size of the drive you're trying to access?
If it's over 2.2 Tb the BIOS will not be able to access it!
see my post over -here-

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-reading-properly.199148/
Relevancy 21.93%

HI,
I have this Hp Probook 4540s i3(windows 8, 64bit) for about a year and it was working fine but recently, I noticed that it had a problem. At times, the touchpad would freeze and I wouldnt be able to use it for a few seconds. At first this wasnt much of a problem due to the fact that I had an external mouse but now im travelling more often so this became a problem. I was jsut wondering if anybody knew what caused this problem and if they do, if there were any quick fixes towards it.

A:Touchpad Freezes

Go to the HP driver support for your model and get the latest drivers for the touch-pad.
You might have to find out who makes that touch-pad and get it from the manufacturer
Or see if there is Windows update for it.
Did you update to Windows 8.1 yet?
Also there are known issues with Windows 8 and some touch-pads know working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-freezes.198262/
Relevancy 21.93%

My laptop has been freezing up, even when I would boot in safe mode.

It has a history of hard drive problems, so I just replaced the hard-drive.

But it still freezes up when I try to boot and run Acronis.

Is there anyway to tell what is causing this?

Thank you.

A:My Laptop Freezes

Is it running hot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes.198153/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a Toshiba satellite P t and it s my first laptop ever and I ve had it for months I have no idea what to do but here is my problem After a few months of owning my laptop top a tiny drop of my daughters bubbles dropped onto my keyboard I didn t think anything of it because My not properly working are keys the drop was so small Next thing you know my keyboard had stopped functionally properly I don t know how to clean the keyboard nothing so I left My keys are not working properly the laptop alone for the rest of the night and it worked the next day except some keys that barely or don t work at all Now some of my keys are acting crazy Everytime I press quot o quot or quot u quot it types quot uo quot when I press quot J or quot quot it types quot J quot and when I press quot quot or quot quot it types quot quot As far as they keys that don t work they are important but I have touch screen with the touch screen keyboard I m using now I just want to use my keyboard again The keys that don t work are quot F quot -F quot my right and up arrow keys my caps lock when I use caps lock all the keys get crazy and the touch screen as well my escape button has its good days and bad the delete button and that s all I can remember and know about at this point What is wrong how do I fix it or should I just use my warranty and get a new one I have a year warranty and they claim it covers EVERYTHING for the year nbsp

A:My keys are not working properly

Personally, if the warranty covers "everything", I'd go that route so I wouldn't VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-keys-are-not-working-properly.198013/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Western Digital drive and it keeps freezing the transfer process around 15 seconds remaining. I am trying to transfer my movie files to it. The files are around 750 megs to 2.5 gigs each. I am trying to do them one at a time. I have got it to transfer about 3 movies to the device. When the transfer locks I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to get it to stop. Its I think a 110 gig external.

A:Western Digital Drive Freezes Transfer Process

Some details you have left out.
Age of PC
Desktop or Laptop
How much RAM?
Single, Dual or Quad or high CPU.
Size of HDD
What source are you using to transfer file to the HDD?
Are you using a network LAN?
Speed of the LAN 10, 100, 10000?

When you do this type of work make sure the PC doesn't go to sleep and keep an eye on it.
Make sure the HDD doesn't have any bad blocks do a check disk (CHKDSK C: /F
Make sure the HDD is de-fragmented
Make sure the HDD has done quick or full optimized (use ULTRA DEFRAG FREE)
Make sure the system is cleaned using JetClean Free

The condition of the HDD is very important also the source your transferring from too it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-drive-freezes-transfer-process.197415/
Relevancy 26.66%

Basically my computer internet keeps continually dying and I have to restart it [computer] to get it working again. Every other computer's wifi connection is fine except mine. I troubleshooted and I got this message:

I then went into my device manager and it said there also that my wifi adapter was not working properly.
Curious what could be causing this? Is my wifi going bad? Virus? I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecure wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

And on a side note, I started to get this message at least two months ago every time I turned my computer on. Not sure if it's related but:

A:WiFi adapter not working properly

"I stayed at a hotel and connected to their unsecured wifi two nights ago if that means anything. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!" Have you run any anti-virus/malware scans?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-not-working-properly.196054/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm extremely confused as to why it's still doing this. I tested my microphone and it doesn't work with my voice. It just plays sounds from my computer. I played a youtube video and I could hear it but not my voice, so its playing sounds from my computer and not my voice.

I've tried everything now. Reinstalled drivers, mic is unmuted, made sure it isn't the steromix selected.. etc.

I have my microphone selected as default device and my headphones set as default. I've been through all the properties and still not luck, need help.

A:Headset Microphone is playing sounds from computer

How can a microphone play sounds? Microphone is an input device, so make sure it is set as such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-microphone-is-playing-sounds-from-computer.195540/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys, I need some help, I wanna play LoL but I'm having a problem because the game freezes, the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound of it.
I play on a pc with Windows Vista Business 32bit/ 2GB RAM/Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.0GHZ/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
I can't seem to get the proper drivers though, because the nvidia website says there are none available for this graphic card.. Ideas anyone??

A:Game freezes, the screen goes black

I would either get a new graphics card or try lowering the settings as soon as you appears in a game. Change your resolution all the way down and make sure shadows and everything else is on low or very low and sound off if you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-the-screen-goes-black.190016/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a brand new computer which is much capable on computer new regardless Game OS of freezes brand of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS all updates for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

There are many things that can be the cause of this. I first thought it was the GPU, but as I read on, I think it could be either a RAM, temperature, or HDD issue. It is most likely a RAM issue.

Another issue could be overheating, but since the games crash basically instantly, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Just to make sure, can you download RealTemp and tell me temperatures on the CPU? Also, download GPU-Z, and tell me the GPU temperatures (sensor tab of GPU-Z, under "GPU Temperature").

Most likely cause: It could also be bad RAM (this is the most likely reason). Download Memtest86, put it on a flash drive, and boot into it. Run Memtest about 5-10 times and tell me the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.194153/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello hi im lili b any my toupad isnt working right the dang strolling up or down wont work and I cant fix it I have an hp pavilion dv4 1435dx could someone help mi find the orrect driver that could fix it

A:Laptop touchpad is not working properly

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3979336&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

You should find the drivers you need here. Click on next By the windows 7 64 bit box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.194368/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,I when I connect the usb nano receiver of my mouse in one of the front ports of my cabinet it works fine,but when I put the nano receiver in one of the back ports ,the mouse lags!
Any solution?
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-usb-ports-not-working-properly.193230/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello comunity ,, earlier this week I had a problem with my cpu , and this site is the only site who helped me correctly, and im thankfull
Today I had a wierd problem with my computer ,, I had a graphics card ' Nvidia 7100 gs '
I removed it cz I wanted to get a new one , more powerfull ,, and now im working on my internal video card - Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family
Intel Gma3000 . 256 Mb
the problem is , once I started to use the internal one ,, once I play Avi files ( 45 ) minutes , the computer freezes for couple minutes ! tried multiple video players and the same problem
P.S I never had problems with internal v,card
---- By the way my computer is Pentium D 3400/4M ,,, 3 GB DDR2 ram ,, 500 GB/HD ,, WIN7
Many thanks in advance

A:Computer freezes when playing .Avi

Correction ** not only AVI files ,, its just any video files ! no problems with audio files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-playing-avi.191732/
Relevancy 20.64%

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago hours laptop working fine freezes up, after a VAIO start Sony was few ago I was sat talking to a Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago friend over facebook chat when my laptop started screaming with a really high pitched noise I had Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago to turn it off to stop it When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets I ve tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program I can start it in safe mode but thats about it I ve spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can t find one so ay help will be much appritiated I m using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution nbsp

A:Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Try running Memtest86 a few times and tell me if any errors come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-freezes-after-start-up-was-working-fine-a-few-hours-ago.191245/
Relevancy 26.66%

Good morning Techos!

I was wondering if you guys could lend some help at me regarding the HP g61 laptop.

1. When the pc boots, there are hang ups I experience:
a. At start, I just see a black screen with a small underscore character in the top-left,
b. Starts, sees Hp logo, then boots, and hangs up at windows 7 logo with "Starting Windows" caption.
c. Tests, Start-up tests, run-test, hdd test and memory test in the hardware test but hangs in either of them two.
d. Boots up, sees "Windows Error Recovery Screen" page, and hangs (hangs at 30 sec countdown)

2. I am suspecting that the processor is somewhat damaged already, because I tested the HDD and RAM on my other laptop, it works just fine. Please advise if there are ideas that springs up on your mind. It will be a waste if it will not be resolved. Thank you Techos!!

A:HP G61 laptop doesn't boot properly

Is this a new laptop still under warranty or not?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g61-laptop-doesnt-boot-properly.189666/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all I recently assembled a computer and all checks out fine except for the video card in my system information I ordered an N GTX PCI Express Graphics Card and when I try launching games my graphics card is instead displayed as an NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce a I tried some of the other tips I ve found when browsing through this site such as disabling the display adapter I have under the Device Manager but to no avail I also went into my BIOS and all I could find that pertained to my problem card Video properly? not displaying was the quot Primary Graphics Adapter quot which is set to quot PCI Express quot I m not sure if there was another option I was supposed to change but to my knowledge I couldn t find anything else I even went as far as taking my computer apart to check if It was plugged in correctly and to my knowledge it is One thing I do not understand is that the box my graphics card came in says it has dual fans and instead the one in my computer only has a single fan I m not sure if I was a victim of fraud or if I just wasn t doing something Video card not displaying properly? right If anyone could offer me any tips to solve this annoying issue I would appreciate it Thank you EDIT Sorry Missed a spot Before anyone asks yes I did update my drivers on the NVIDIA website I still haven t received any visual changes or notifications on the matter nbsp

A:Video card not displaying properly?

nForce is the chipset on AMD mobos. Is this correct? It could just be using the APU instead of the GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-displaying-properly.189517/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I'm a pretty hardcore gamer , and I've had this laptop for a year now. I play alot of MMOs so I press the W alot , well lately ive been experiencing issues with it whereas it'll work intermittently . Somtimes it does nothing even after a few presses and other when it DOES work it duplicates Ws . So I popped off the W key , and found some lent inside the key and I also reinstalled the keyboard driver to no avail. I pressed the exposed key button without the W on it and its still responding ONLY partially . Problem still persists , any solutions? Any help is appreciated.

Window 7 x 64 Home Premium Toshiba Satellite C655-S5540

A:Key not working properly

Your best option is to get a replacement keyboard.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/1608...ixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

Should not be too hard to find and are usually very easy to fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/key-not-working-properly.189293/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

A:Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I am trying to work out if there is something wrong with my PC or something wrong with the game Guild Wars While playing this game the computer screen will flash a pink purple and my computer reboots itself additionally just as it reboots I ll hear a strange sound in my headset almost like a buzzing noise The odd thing is I ve taken it in to the store and they ve ran all the memory video card stress tests and it was completely fine it s less than a year old still under warranty they wont replace anything unless it playing Wars 2 while Computer Guild reboots is actually hardware failing and not the game causing it While playing the game temp levels are completely normal too and I bought a new case to further improve cooling just to be sure The problem persists Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 I have an ASUS motherboard Intel core i - GHZ GB of Ram GTX s in SLI If any of you talented Tech Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 Spot people could please help me to conclude this issue it would be greatly appreciated If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2

I doubt it's the game as there are millions playing it and I'm sure at least thousands with a rig similar to yours. When the game crashes you have the option to have it verify all the files on next launch. Are you choosing to do that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-while-playing-guild-wars-2.185084/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all got above named laptop but when I turn it on it freezes every time when it get to the black screen where it says start windows normally or other options such as safe mode etc is this hard drive failure thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire One freezes at 'start Windows normally' screen

Update-- on black screen if I click on safe mode or safe mode with networking it does its thing but then after loads of things it just restarts back to that screen if I click last known config it get to the loading windows screen then I see a hint of blue screen then it restarts back to black screen start windows normally screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-freezes-at-start-windows-normally-screen.188714/
Relevancy 26.66%

I How clean motherboard? to properly a have just recently acquired an How to properly clean a motherboard? Acer Aspire X desktop When I first powered it up it proceeded normally except for a hard drive problem Switched to a known good hard drive and then no power I seriously doubted a power supply failure that quick but was very concerned about the condition of the motherboard It looked as if I had been subjected to a roach infested area and this has left some serious quot grungy quot looking areas all over I unplugged the connections from the power supply to the motherboard and blew them out with compressed air Then the computer powered up but I have no video The computer would be worth the time and effort to see if a good thorough cleaning would fix it but after reading several posts regarding how others have approached cleaning How to properly clean a motherboard? the motherboard has left me still looking for the proper way to proceed I have read where hard bristle paint brushes have been used sometimes cut at an angle to help reach the hard places I even think a toothbrush could also How to properly clean a motherboard? be used The main question is to what to use as a cleaner I thought about some type of electrical contact cleaner but not many people mentioned that Most posts suggested the use of alcohol rubbing alcohol I think and even one suggested using de-mineralized water which I don t think would be wise in my circumstances On e-bay I saw a quot Misty contact and circuit board cleaner quot but I can t seem to find any reviews for it anywhere I have an air compressor to use as a finishing touch to blow out the final debris but would anyone have any advice as to the best cleaning agent to use for the best results I would greatly appreciate advice on this especially where someone has used a specific cleaner having good results Thanks in advance for any responses nbsp

A:How to properly clean a motherboard?

Electrical contact cleaner is the safest, most convenient, and will likely produce the best result. Since it is liquid under pressure it will lift the encrusted dust/dirt without generating static electricity (whereas a brush and/or vacuum will- dry dust particles moving against each other). You may need more than one application, and I'd suggest removing the board from the chassis first (observing safe electrostatic safety measures like grounding yourself first by touching any bare metal portion of the chassis while the power cord is plugged into the wall socket, but the machine powered OFF). You may need to basically drench the board - blast through the CPU heatsink fins while your at it. The stuff evaporates pretty quickly. Remember to use in a well ventilated area.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-properly-clean-a-motherboard.186371/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop because the former one had huge, unfixable overheating issues even if I used a cooling pad, didnt play games etc. It was a Acer Aspire 5738G.
My new one is a HP Pavillion G6.
I haven't had any major overheating issues with it yet and it has an average CPU temp of 40-45C when I'm only surfing, which I know is completely normal/safe. When I play games like GTA San Andreas or other older games it goes to around 55C and reaches 60C if I've played it for more than one hour.
Yesterday I tried L.A. Noire, which is a pretty new game and it didnt take more than 5 minutes for the CPU to reach 70C, which gave me haunting memories of the Acer Aspire.
Is this normal/safe? Should I lower the settings?

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M (1 GB DDR3)

A:Reaching 70°C when playing a game like L.A. Noire normal?

70c is not to bad try keep the laptop cool as possible. just keep the heat vent clear and you should be fine.
some model of HP do have overheating issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reaching-70%C2%B0c-when-playing-a-game-like-l-a-noire-normal.187686/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi all, I just purchased the Razer naga 2012 from bestbuy, but having issues. For every 2-3 minutes, the cursor freezes and the after 5-10 seconds it is back to normal. I have installed the software Synapse 2.0 and it updated it self, And it seems the firmware is automatically updated, and we cant do it manually. Dono how to fix this please...

PC : M15X

thanks,
merin

A:Razer Naga 2012 cursor freezes

I have exactly the same issue. Brand new Naga 2012, the cursor freezes for 5-10 sec at random intervals.
I have an AMD Athlon II X4 620 CPU,4GB DDR2 RAM,MSI 785GT-E63 mobo,ATI 6850 graphics card.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-naga-2012-cursor-freezes.185402/
Relevancy 26.66%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have made sure the wireless is turned on and no errors are shown in the device manager but my wireless wont pick up any network connections... any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Wireless not properly working...

what OS?
what router?
did this ever work on this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-properly-working.184341/
Relevancy 22.36%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I've been experiencing a significant decrease in frames when playing games such as Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on my laptop. This problem only occured after cleaning my laptop from Sirefef trojans (Thread for solved Sirefef issue: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...and-sirefef-y-laptop-keeps-restarting.182428/).

My laptop has the following specs:
Windows 7 64-Bit OS (Professional)
Intel Core i7 (Dual Core)
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeoForce GT540M (1GB)
I've always been able to play my games under 50 - 60 FPS, especially when my charger is plugged until now. I don't understand why this is no longer possible after the sirefef-trojan-cleaning-process.

What can I do to solve this issue?

I should also note that my games, particularly Battlefield 3, only runs at a dreadful 20 frames or less at the moment. This applies when my laptop is both charging or not charging​

A:Laptop reducing FPS when playing games after cleaning Sirefef trojans

Try formatting and re-installing Windows fresh. Most laptops have built-in factory restore options on boot up. Virus infections can leave nasty things behind or file damage even after they are "removed"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-reducing-fps-when-playing-games-after-cleaning-sirefef-trojans.182718/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all!! I am a computer technician and recently my father just dropped the family laptop who then tried to turn it on which was a failure. A couple hours later I took a look at it and it turned back on for me and let me sign in, however 30 min. after the boot up it just froze and had to be manually rebooted. I already ran a check disk and everything seems to be fine with the hdd I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to fix the issue? The laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-NW240F running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

A:Dropped laptop, now it freezes

Try removing the hard drive and memory and re-seating them... Is the LCD damaged?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dropped-laptop-now-it-freezes.181870/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello i have an Nvidia Geforce go 7900 gs for my laptop. When i play World of Warcraft , the screen goes black , but i can still hear sounds from the game. The Screen never frozed before but it seems that smth is wrong now...

A:Screen goes black when playing WoW

Does the screen go black at any other time when not playing games?

Just to be quite sure, try another monitor and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-wow.178515/
Relevancy 26.66%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with my DVD burner... actually I've had it for almost two years now, but I only decided that enough is enough with this thing and I want to find a solution for it.

The long and short of it is this. Whenever I try to burn something on my DVD, it fails at the end and gives me an 'input/output' error and ejects the DVD. I have no idea why this happens. I should note that my DVD drive is fine otherwise, it can play DVDs and CDs without any problem. If anyone needs any additional information, I even saved the log-file that the my DVD burning software saved after it was finished.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

A:Input/output error when burning DVDs

What software are you using? Try CDBurnerXP, it's free.
Also, try a different manufacturers DVD's.
And you could look for a firmware update for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-output-error-when-burning-dvds.177467/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Before i start explaining i did not Computer games during down shuts playing have this problem before i upgraded im not the best at computers So i bought a new video card NVIDIA GTX TI cause my old card was really bad So when i started playing i tested the graphics on APB All Points Bulletin Computer shuts down during playing games before i upgraded i would only be able to play on Computer shuts down during playing games low without lag but now i could play on High And so after mins or so of playing my computer would just turn off and then on agian after about secs I started it up agian and put the graphics on low and disabled all the special graphics options put the fan speed on high Now i can sometimes play for hours and sometime only mins which is really wierd cause GTX TIis suppose to handle atleast High on a game like APB So what i am wondering is what is causing this problem and what can i do to fix it Computer Specs Computer HP pavilion m me Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Video card NVIDIA GTX TI Memory gb RAM OS Vista amp SP Power supply watts Not sure how much The picture shows the temps of my computer just for sure Thanks nbsp

A:Computer shuts down during playing games

The problem is your power supply, 300 is not enough for gtx 560ti, get 550+, open your case and look at your powersupply,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-during-playing-games.176641/
Relevancy 21.07%

Everytime I turn on my laptop the mouse freezes in the middle of the screen. The loading symbol will appear next to it but I cannot actually move it. I am still able to navigate using the tab and arrow buttons but I am forced to restart it before I can use the mouse.
Anybody have any ideas on what is causing this? I have searched for updates for the driver and have enabled it then disabled it.

A:Mouse freezes each time laptop is turned on

Brand, model, age, and configuration of laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezes-each-time-laptop-is-turned-on.176084/
Relevancy 22.79%

This is my problem:

My pc shuts down if i play games like: Dungeons and dragons online, call of duty 4, Medal of honor 2011.

I read some other treads about computers shutting down when games were played but those treads were shut down so i had to make a new tread.

I hope you guys can help me a bit!

Specs:

intel core i7 first generation
4 GB RAM
Nvidea Gainward GTS 450
ASrock x58 motherboard
1Tera Hitachi HD
500W powersupply <-------------i tink this is the problem but i'm not really sure

Speedfan is telling my:

GPU temp:40 C
cores are around:45C

A:PC shuts down when playing games

Yeah try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-when-playing-games.174643/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, on my laptop I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any sort of game. This problem was not present about 10 months ago and i used to be able to play games very smoothly without any problems.

My Laptop is a Gateway NV52, 4 GB ram, and 320 gb hdd.

I think there has to be something in my backround processes that is eating up so much memory.

I also have a picture of one of these cpu usage spikes, i believe it is pretty bad lol.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, it is such a hassle to play games and just having my fps go down the drain and my laptop running so slow

A:Constant 100% CPU usage, lag spikes on laptop while playing games

Try downloading and running this tool:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

What anti virus and anti malware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-100-cpu-usage-lag-spikes-on-laptop-while-playing-games.173820/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is my computer:

H67A-USB3-B3
Inet Core i3-2100
4GB 1333MHz Kingston
?Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III
Nvidia 430GT 1GB
390W Cooler-Master

I am not using the USB 3, I am using only 4 USB connections for mouse, keyboard, video cam and 1TB External Drive(not always).

Thank you.

A:USB stop working after playing games

make sure the usb drivers are installed still. right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager. see if there are any missing drivers. if there are, install them.

~ttm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stop-working-after-playing-games.172753/
Relevancy 21.93%

So the problem is on my laptop When I view videos on youtube it s fine untill i switch to fullscreen My mouse working videos well not AMD playing when 6630m DX11 watching games or will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn t know this The same thing happens with games on DX or and The Sims I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn t find any I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured I can t download videos drivers because i m unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it s not compatible My question is simple AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games How do i fix it Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCA with Intel i and Win Oh and I know there is a switchable graphics feature but that wont do any good as I play quite heavy games Help please nbsp

A:AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games

Try re installing Windows 7 fresh. Most laptops have a restore feature accessed during a start up. Laptops do tend to get bogged down with a lot of unnecessary stuff slowing things down and affecting other programs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6630m-not-working-well-when-watching-videos-or-playing-dx11-games.172136/
Relevancy 21.07%

i think there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-move-my-laptops-screen-it-freezes-or-crashes.171448/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am frustrated I built a new computer and my second hard drive refuses to work the way it should My system has a Crucial SSD GB that I installed just as a boot drive The second HD is a W D caviar black TBYTE After installing Windows Home Premium bit to the SSD and starting the computer I find that I cannot get downloads of new programs to go to the W D The programs want to download to the SSD but are too big for the remaining available space on the SSD My computer keeps saying you are running out of space I have tried many properly will hard work not Second drive other forums to solve the problem I even called in a computer specialist He said he fixed the problem but he didn t My system recognizes the W D I formated the W D What I would appreciate is someone give me the complete directions on what I should do start with just my Windows on the Second hard drive will not work properly SSD Any help will be gracefully accepted Thanks Can I be Second hard drive will not work properly informed at my email address if someone replies nbsp

A:Second hard drive will not work properly

Assuming the following:

1st boot SSD - C:
2nd drive - WD - D:

When you install a new program, and ask for a location/folder to install select your drive D:

Change your location of My Documents folder to WD.
create D:\My Documents on WD
On My Documents | Properties | Location | Move | browse to D:\My Documents and apply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hard-drive-will-not-work-properly.170312/
Relevancy 20.64%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my graphic freezes colors! with suddenly weird Game card nvidia gts it was working fine few days ago but suddenly a problem arose When i start any game it opens smoothly everything works fine but after - mins it freezes with wierd colors all over the display I started Witcher to show my error it appears Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! like this Scanned my computer via antivirus for malware but in vain I am really confused what is causing this to happen or my graphic card is no more I will be very thankful to you guys ----------------------------------System Specs --------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Using Cooler Master power supply W nbsp

A:Game suddenly freezes with weird colors!

It might be overheating. Does the graphics card fan work and come up to full speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-suddenly-freezes-with-weird-colors.169551/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

A:Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 21.93%

hello

I just got a new TV and ive connected it to my computer.

Everything worked fine the first day but the second day i got this wierd problem that my screen gets dragged when im playing games or minimizing my browser or other programs...

abit hard to explain but heres a video... Watch what happens when i close google chrome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-driwkdIM

it might be because of my old graphics card which is a ATI radeon 4650

I really hope thats not the problem but if it is its not that big of a deal since ive ordered a new one

thanks for any help provided

A:Screen drags when playing video games or minimizing

Updated video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-drags-when-playing-video-games-or-minimizing.170035/
Relevancy 21.07%

hey guys, well for a few days now i have been trying to solve this problem, since i installed crysis and tried to play it my graphics driver makes my monitor loose connection randomly and causes my computer to freeze, i have uninstalled crysis, used system restore, and re installed my drivers, but this only seems to happen when i have drivers installed, and works just fine without them, i have also checked the motherboard and graphics card to see if they have overheated and been damaged, but nothing, my fans are working fine, it seems to be an issue with the driver software, oh and also with the drivers installed i get colour bars on the BIOS and the WinBoot screen, i have tried all i can to find how to fix it but nothing

A:Monitor looses connection and computer freezes

Can you give us your computers complete specs? Take a look at my specs to give you an idea of what we need

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-looses-connection-and-computer-freezes.169800/
Relevancy 22.36%

I drive? a mapped network via Playing CD games ve just recently bought an HP Pavilion dm notebook and unfortunately it doesn t have a CD drive Fortunately I mapped the CD drives from my desktop onto the notebook and can install games over that The down side to that is that some games won t run this way I m guessing it s the copy protection getting in the way But my question is is there a better way to play games via the network as if there s actually a drive in my notebook I d like to play games on my notebook via my desktop s CD drive without interference from the copy protection I ve seen programs like Virtual CloneDrive WinMount Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? and etc but they don t seem to support mapping folders to a virtual Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? CD drive I d like to not use disc images if possible So I suppose I d really just like to use my desktop s CD drive as if it s installed on my notebook in a way that s feasible with games Is this possible Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-games-via-a-mapped-network-cd-drive.169602/
Relevancy 22.36%

My mic in TS and Skype mixes together what I'm listening to like music, game sounds, etc., with my speech. I'm using a headset, so I know it's not because of volume. How do I fix this?

A:How to stop mic from playing speaker sounds?

mute your mic in the playback section in your sound options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-mic-from-playing-speaker-sounds.168846/
Relevancy 22.36%

When I play games on my PC certain sounds a subdued Specifically voice sounds on some games are to quiet even though voice is turned all the way up or they cant be heard at all Any sound playing with Problem while games help is appreciated Thank you DXDIAG Info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time Problem with sound while playing games of this report Machine name ZACH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SMS A H Monitor Id SAM CC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A - F FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOB... Read more

A:Problem with sound while playing games

Is your Creative sound card rather old? Have you tried updating it's drivers from the Creative website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-sound-while-playing-games.169348/
Relevancy 26.66%

I made a post on another part of the forum about my computer shutting down on its own. One thing lead to another and I eventually figured out that my power supply isn't failing and my Cores are not overheating. It appears to be my graphics card. The fan is not spinning nearly fast enough and very weakly. The fan cooling my processors would hurt my finger if I touched it but the graphics card fan just stops. The heat sink under the fan is really hot. I almost burned myself. Is there any way I could manually set the fan to go faster before the card overheats and turns my computer off?

I currently use an ATI Radeon HD 4800.

A:Graphics card fan not working properly

It seems that there is a mechanical problem with the fan. The video card needs to be pulled out, and the fan removed. This is something you can do yourself.

Usually, there is a plastic or rubber cap on the bottom of the fan, where you can find the impeller's axis. Sometimes it's just a hole and you can directly see the axis. There is a small safety washer, usually white and made of Teflon. You can use a lot of tools and stuff to release this washer. It is completely cut on one side and you can see this cut when you push on it with something. What I usually do is I grab a couple of sharp thin things (needles, toothpicks, cutter, knife, paper clips, anything thin and strong enough), and push it from one side. This is not enough to remove it, but it should either pop one end out and then you slowly work it's way out with the other tool towards the other end, or it will slide a bit away from the axis, and then you can stick the second tool between it and the axis and pop it out.

After this you should be able to remove the impeller, by slowly dragging it out by the central knob, where the blades attach. It could oppose a bit, as the magnet passes along the metal part of the coil. Watch out for the other 2 or 3 stuff that might be on the axis, one or two rubber washers, ball bearings, maybe a little spring, make sure you keep them all and prevent them from falling on the floor so you can find them later when you reassemble the thing. :haha:

Try cleaning the small tube where the axis goes and the axis itself (I recommend alcohol), also rub the washers, spring, bearings & safety washer with a little piece of cloth sprayed with alcohol. Some dirt will come off. Clean up the other parts as well, the impeller & it's blades, the fan etc.

Then you can use either fine mechanics oil or a very little bit of petroleum jelly. I used both with success. Reassemble everything and it should be spinning OK now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-fan-not-working-properly.168414/
Relevancy 27.09%

i have a compaq presario cq40-337tu laptop with 250gb harddisk and 2gb of ram.i have windows7 32bit operating system.my laptops screen becomes very blurry or vague after sometimes of starting.This vagueness prevails sometimes and then it goes automatically.sometimes when i restart the laptop after observing the blurry screen,the very first screen--"press esc key to....." becomes yellowish. is it any hardware prolem...???????????

how do i fixed it??????do this type of problem in the LCD increases if i continue to use the laptop?????

if this type of lcd problem can stimulate others problem in processor or any other place in my laptop??????

A:LCD is not working properly

Is the display normal when you plug in an external monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-is-not-working-properly.167423/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys, new to the forum. My PC specs are on my profile.

So, I have had no problems playing certain .avi video files on my computer, but this evening, for no apparent reason, I tried to play a video and it wouldn't play. Other videos still play, but the ones from my camera do not.

I thought this could have been a codec issue, so I downloaded the latest K-lite Mega codec pack and installed it, but to no avail. An error message came up on Media Player Classic, which can be found here:

imageshack(dot)us/photo/my-images/851/errorvc.jpg/

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-James

A:Videos not playing, even after updating codec packs

Have you tried using Windows Media Player 11?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-not-playing-even-after-updating-codec-packs.167892/
Relevancy 21.93%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,
I am having this problem recently...whenever I am watching video in youtube
or talking in skype, my entire laptop screen becomes fuzzy and then it freezes....my cursor/keyboard...nothig works. I can only get rid off it by turning the power off.
I have the feeling it might have something to do with flash-player....so removed it...but
still it happened! I have dual-boot systems (Vista+ windows 7)..I hardly used
Windows 7 as my laptop does not support it 100%...so I checked if it also happens in Windows 7....it does not.

I do not know how can I get rid off THIS PROBLEM:

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharif

A:Screen becomes fuzzy and it freezes in Vista

Try updating the video driver. You should be able to find it on your laptop vendor's site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-becomes-fuzzy-and-it-freezes-in-vista.166765/
Relevancy 20.64%

Im having trouble with my newly built computer freezing at random points during my startup and if it does boot up all the way it always freezes on the "Shutting Down" screen. Im running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and have reinstalled it two times.
Here is what I currently have in it:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
WD 1TB HDD
500W Power supply

A:Freshly built computer freezes at random points during startup

Sounds like there could be an issue with your BIOS... either needs to be flashed to a newer version to fully support the X6 processor or the settings just need to be tweaked. Make sure your memory is running in accordance to factory spec and that your voltages for both CPU and RAM is within acceptable range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freshly-built-computer-freezes-at-random-points-during-startup.165791/
Relevancy 21.93%

Whenever I play a video or run a game, white flickering horizontal lines start appearing on the screen, is there a way to make this stop?

A:Horizontal white flickering lines when playing a video

What are your computer specs. Look at my specs in the drop-down box in the upper right corner of my posts to give you an idea what we need...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-white-flickering-lines-when-playing-a-video.165556/
Relevancy 21.93%

I hope i have the right board. Anyway I have a sony viao laptop.
It plays random adverts all the time. It also happens when I click play on a youtube videos or the likes. It'll play over the video its very annoying.

I have scanned the laptop with fully updated AVG, NOD32, SPYBOT, MALWARE BYTES, SUPER ANTISPYWARE.
not all at once but installed them one at a time an updated them.
they all found absolutly nothing.

I've uninstalled most programs also to narrow it down but it seems to be none of them.

I've always had AVG up to date so I dont know how this happened.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd hate to have to wipe the laptop cause im away from home for a few months and dont have discs and drivers etc.

Cheers

A:Sony Vaio laptop playing random sounds

Try performing a Sony restore function for the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-playing-random-sounds.165081/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have a Toshiba Equus laptop and the cover for the `x` button has fallen off and it seems to have sent it a bit mad, if I want to type that letter it wont but it does type it several times when I dont want it to! Any ideas please?

A:Toshiba keyboard playing up!

If you have lost the key cap, the only way to fix this is to replace the keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-keyboard-playing-up.164885/
Relevancy 21.5%

My synaptics pointing device freezes after about 10 - 15 minutes of not using my computer. I tried making the computer wait longer before hybrinating, but it still does it. Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:Synaptics pointing device freezes

Is it a wireless mouse, if so check the batteries.

If it is chorded try another mouse and see if the problems persists.

Check these settings:

Go to the Control Panel and select Mouse. From the mouse properties screen click the Hardware tab. on the next screen under the Genral tab click on Change Settings. Then select the Power Management tab and make sure it is set to "Allow this device to wake the computer" and not "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

This is correct instruction for Windows 7, if you have a different OS (which you should have stated) there may be some minor differences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/synaptics-pointing-device-freezes.164804/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hiya

I've just been browsing on the internet through my wireless router.
Now its not working, its saying i'm connected to the router but not letting me go online.

I did the cmd winsock thing and that made no difference. I then connected through the cable and it was working fine, now i've unplugged from the router and its loading reallllllly slow/un usable.

Whats happened? it was saying it couldnt connect to dns server 192.168.1.1, but then it started working... but now its not :/

A:Samsung Vista laptop wireless now playing up

This sounds like either a fault with the routers wireless transmission or your wireless card in the PC.

Start by resetting the router, there should be a reset button somewhere on it, usually you will need a thin wire to push into the whole and hold it until the router responds. This will reset it to default so any security settings will need to be reset.

If there is no change take a look in Device Manager for your wireless card under Network Adapters, right click on the device and select properties, check to see if it reports any problems. If no problems are reported try uninstalling the device and then reboot so that windows will reload the drivers.

Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-vista-laptop-wireless-now-playing-up.164793/
Relevancy 21.5%

After I formatted my HDD, re-installed the same Windows 7 I had before I've been getting brief and random picture-freezes. They appear to be more often and last longer when playing a game or so forth, although they even pop up while using a browser or MSN. I have no idea what might be causing this, as the PC itself is fast as usual. If anyone can help me...I'd be eternally grateful.

Short and facty:
1) Brief picture freezes, more often when PC working hard
2) Just did a format
3) NEED THIS FIXED FAST =)

A:Having random and brief picture-freezes

What do you mean by "random picture freezes". What kind of picture or pop ups?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-random-and-brief-picture-freezes.164048/
Relevancy 26.66%

My laptop touchpad is not working properly; that is I cannot scroll properly and also have problems with the sensitivity of touch. I downloaded and installed the Synaptic touchpad driver but it is still not functioning very well. Please can someone help me with a solution.
The name of my Laptop is; Compac Presario CQ50-115NR Notebook PC
Thank you.

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Go to Start -> control panel -> Hardware and Sound.

Somewhere in there you should find adjustments for the sensitivity.

If this does not work please state your operating system for further help and try it with a USB mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.163990/
Relevancy 26.66%

Updated memory on Diemension dell 1100. Put the sticks in wrong way. Turned on, no action
but a burning smell. Powered down and inserted chips correctly. PC ok now but would there have been any
permanent damage and is there a remote risk of the PC going on fire ?

A:Burning smell upgrading RAM

It's hard to see without me seeing it personally. If it's working OK now I'd continue to use it as normal. However obviously they're not designed to work with backwards memory hehe.

I'd do a backup of your data just in case, and then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I doubt the machine will catch on fire. Check the motherboard for any signs of blown capacitors or scorch marks maybe?

Can't remember the last time I dealt with improperly installed memory and then tried to boot so sorry I can't offer up more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-upgrading-ram.163931/
Relevancy 21.93%

I found my screen goes black suddenly with lagged sound when i am watching video. It is the same when i am playing on both PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2429.51 and Windows Media Player 11. Below are the specifications:

1. AMD Phenom II X2 560BE at stock speed.
2. 2 x Kingston Value Series DDR3-1333 2GB ram (Ganged)
3. Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard (Bios version: F5a)
4. Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 GDDR5 1GB graphic card
5. WD-5000AADS Caviar Green 500 GB hard drive
6. Creative SB Audigy Value
7. Coolermaster Extreme Power 460W psu
8. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cooler
9. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
10. ATI Catalyst 11.2

Is my computer dying?

A:Sudden black screen and lagged sound when playing videos

have you tried different player? i.e. vlc or media player classic.
it can also be a codec issue, have you tried other video types?

yes i have tried both PowerDVD Mk I and Mk II and both are filled with bugs, especially when dealing with certain codecs. although i have to admit the video effects are sometimes useful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-black-screen-and-lagged-sound-when-playing-videos.163317/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi all this is a update to my other post. i now realised what was causing the screeching sound. having levels on my monitor up causes noise from the computer to be heared. before i upgraded having the monitors on 0% would be silent and turning up would not give of noises. now having them at 0% music plays with no noises and can be controled in windows but wont reach loud levels because of the speakers being at -30db. im guessing there is a setting somewhere that can be altered to lower the system volume so i can just turn up the monitors themselvs?

i am using realtek hd audio on a gigabyte x58 usb3 and vista 32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-playing-sound-at-0-volume-turning-up-causing-interference.163276/
Relevancy 26.66%

I m trying to diagnose a problem for a friend The computer starting properly NV78 Gateway not a Gateway NV laptop is Gateway NV78 not starting properly not starting up properly When she tries to power it on the HDD spins hard for a second or two as she says it normally does then nothing happens The Gateway NV78 not starting properly power lights stay on but the screen stays dark and the fans she normally hears do not power on She isn t tech savvy but she s a smart person so I walked her through re-seating the HDD and the memory but we didn t get any change Her husband was concerned that there was an error message on the screen we just couldn t see because it wasn t turning on so I had her attach another monitor and try booting again but still no change She also says there are no flashing LEDs or POST beeps or anything to provide any sort of self-diagnosis My next step is to visit her and I plan on bringing compatible memory and a HDD to see if I get any change I would very much appreciate any other advice or even whether or not you think I m on the right track I took some CS classes in college but this is very much a hobby for me not a career I won t be upset if you tell me I m going about this all wrong Thanks Keith nbsp

A:Gateway NV78 not starting properly

"the HDD spins hard for a second"...
Could this actually be the CD/DVD drive you are hearing? Have her pull the battery and disconnect the AC adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds and try booting the laptop once more using the AC adapter or internal battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-nv78-not-starting-properly.160420/
Relevancy 22.36%

hey guys can yall help me out on this My monitor screen goes black while playing games i can hear the in-game music still playing and my computer is still on I currently have this in my comp Windows XP not sure if it s professional Nvidia gbs of ram gbs of black goes any Monitor playing game when screen hard drive currently i have done this to try to fix the problem and have not yet figured out whats wrong -got a new monitor -new mm fan -updated all drivers -messed with monitor settings -cleaned inside of the tower with compressed air -opened up tower when playing to get more Monitor screen goes black when playing any game airflow -new heat sync for fan Can anyone tell me what i have to do i have spent trying to fix this and nothing Monitor screen goes black when playing any game works I have tried to play other games such as Minecraft DC universe online WoW and maplestory I dont know if i need a new graphics card or its as simple as taking out and putting the graphics card back in PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Monitor screen goes black when playing any game

i have spent $200+ trying to fix this and nothing works.Click to expand...

What have you spent so much on? In all probability it's the GPU or the PSU causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-goes-black-when-playing-any-game.161277/
Relevancy 21.5%

as soon as i install password,the cursor freezes

A:Netbook cursor freezes

Sounds like the software is incompatible with your system. Have you got the correct version for your OS. Is the PC otherwise working without error?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-cursor-freezes.160616/
Relevancy 21.5%

Each time i plug a usb device my toshiba A135 laptop hangs until i reboot.i tot it was virus so i formated the system but the problem persist.pls help me out. Thank u

A:Toshiba A135 system freezes

Go to Toshiba's website, find your exact model and update the latest drivers for your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a135-system-freezes.160400/
Relevancy 22.36%

ATI Graphic card not playing Medal of Hounor

I installed the game onto my HD.
When i went to boot the game up by pressing the icon on my desktop it came up with a message

Your ATI graphics card does not fully support DirectX8.1

Is there anyway i can download DirectX8.1 to play my freshly bought game???lol

A:ATI graphics card not playing Medal of Honor

was this a steam purchase?
and what card is this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-graphics-card-not-playing-medal-of-honor.160378/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I Have An Emachines E525 Laptop Which Has A Problem.
It Freezes Briefly For About 2-3 Minuets And It Gets Very Annoying, Its Running On Windows 7 Home Premium (x64), 2Gb Of RAM And Has A 1.90Ghz Dual Core Celeron Processor.

Anyway, It Freezes For About 2 Minuits Then Goes Back To Normal As If Nothing Has Happened.

I Go To The Task Manager And Look At The Processes But Only 4% Of The CPU Is Used But The RAM Is Almost Used Up Could Somebody Help Please

Kindest Regards Coreyy

A:My laptop freezes for about 2 minutes

Network likely

Though Win7 is much more tolerant of enabled/disabled Networking, my experience has typically been that when a PC "freezes" for a couple of minutes, it's usually because it is attempting to access a Network resource that's not there, and it takes about two minutes for the system to "time out" and give up polling the network.

Whether you've ever had your notebook on a wired or wireless network, you didn't say. But when a Windows PC chokes for two minutes, that's almost always the cause.

Check your Home Network settings, and make sure your notebook isn't trying to access any remote drives/resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-for-about-2-minutes.159768/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a computer that was put together. I have a LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter that should burn dvd's! Recently i've been trying to burn some movies onto them so i can watch them on tv. I'm using Memorex 16x 4.7gb DVD-R and i've used like two or three different burning programs but im not sure if its the discs, disc drive, or burning programs. So far i've used ImgBurn and Windows Media Player but neither of them worked on my xbox nor DVD Player.

A:Need assistance with burning DVD's

Hi Jo you could try one of these of the list on this page.
http://www.techmixer.com/free-windows-cd-dvd-burner-software-list-download/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistance-with-burning-dvds.159363/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone ... I have a problem with this almost about 2 months and still can't figure out how to have static multiplier ... Everytime it drops everything starts to lag in games ... I have an AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1ghz NO OC cooled by Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2 temperatures while Idle 37-39 C and while gaming 43-46 C monitored by SpeedFan ... I even turned off Cool 'n' Quiet in BIOS and it didn't help and even in Windows ( I have Xp ) I switched power management to Always ON and didn't helped anything ... I even tryied overclocking programs so i could set my multiplier to 10.5x for having it stable but I couldn't even change that because all the options for managing multiplier were locked for unknown reason ... Please someone give me some more tips because i'm getting hopeless on this

A:AMD dropping multiplier while playing games

It would probably help to know what motherboard you're using.

See if you can find AMD C1E Support in your BIOS and disable it, that might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-dropping-multiplier-while-playing-games.159119/