Windows Support Forum

Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

Q: Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

Hello I am having issues with my internet When I do a test on pingtest net I get - packet loss but when I do the same network the Getting only on same computer on loss packet one test on other computers in my house they get As I m a gamer this is a huge issue because I experience exactly I have experienced EVERYTHING in this description quot Much as it sounds if you have anything less than complete success in Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network transmitting and receiving quot packets quot of data then you are experiencing this problem with your Internet connection It can mean much slower download and upload speeds poor quality Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network VoIP audio pauses with streaming media and what seems like time warping in games -- your connection may even come to a total standstill Packet loss is a metric where anything greater than should cause concern quot from pingtest net Here are my netlyzr results http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca a- - feb - cc- d - c What ive tried thus far and didnt work Malware scan Uninstalling firewall uninstalling antivirus I have used wired and wireless connections and still getting the same problem FULL scan for viruses etc used win troubleshooter-doesn t have a clue I will admit I have torrented before I have stopped now and I used to get kbps down on bittorrent then I think plusnet my ISP somehow caught on and stopped it then I got kbps Maybe something to do with that has caused the issue I still have Microsoft security essentials on my PC if that might be causing trouble If you need more info please ask thanks Max nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

Describe the network hardware (make/model how old) and your connections to it. I've seen ethernet slots on routers go bad, so swap the cable from one slot to another.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-on-only-one-computer-on-the-same-network.193353/
Relevancy 95.46%

I was playing the Overwatch beta over the end of last week and the weekend and had no real problems with connectivity the loss Severe network. only same one packet on on computer to the game up until Saturday The input lag and rubberbanding was getting so bad and I couldn't figure out why Went to pingtest org and let the test run about Severe packet loss only on one computer on the same network. a dozen times or so changing the server each time According to it I would always have somewhere around - packet loss ms ping and - ms jitter which is obviously not good I have had absolutely no luck in resolving this on my Severe packet loss only on one computer on the same network. own Here's what I have done in attempts to resolve this issue Network adapter driver re-install Problem persists Tried a different wireless network Severe packet loss only on one computer on the same network. adapter Problem persists Tried different USB ports Problem persists Booting into safe mode Problem does NOT persist Connecting through ethernet Problem does NOT persist Using other wireless devices on same network Problem does NOT persist Directly pinging router through cmd No packet loss Directly pinging Overwatch Server through cmd No packet loss Disabled client-side firewall and retested Problem persists Tried firing up Black Op to check playability since Overwatch is still in beta Terrible rubberbanding and latency Went through this process to check in the off chance it could be a virus or malware Tested both network adapters on other PCs on the network Couldn't recreate the problem I'm at a loss Not even my PingPlotter is coming up with anything yet pingtest net shows packet loss and the two games I've tested are unplayable I'm bit by bit disabling and turning off applications that I feel might have an impact and so far none that I have tested have had any tangible effect Any help is appreciated

A:Severe packet loss only on one computer on the same network.

Had a Macrium Image from a little over a month ago that I restored to and the problem is now gone. Never quite figured out what caused it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613472/severe-packet-loss-only-on-one-computer-on-the-same-network/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am currently experiencing very sporadic slow downs from about mbps to maybe mpbs that are affecting all devices on the network This happens a few times a day probably and can last anywhere from minute to an hours or so So I m at a household where we have roughly devices Intermittent Loss, Packet Network HELP! connected through a single router and a cable modem with about mbps down and mbps up I know this sounds like a lot but according to the techs from time warner that have been out here we are not currently Intermittent Network Packet Loss, HELP! using all of our bandwith many of the devices are phones printers etc and the signal is fine Using wireshark and winmtr it appears that packets are getting dropped and I m assuming that our router is simply overloaded but I m too new to wireshark to effectively Intermittent Network Packet Loss, HELP! diagnose the issue The crappy part of all of this is that as I m one of the only relatively tech savvy individuals in this household these problems are being blamed on me and their is now a widely held belief that im hacking the system and stealing bandwith from the rest of the house This has gone so far that I may be forced to move if I cannot resolve the issue Please let me know what information you require and I will get it to you asap Thanks and first post nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys wireless loss network Help: over & Jitter Packet really looking for some help as I have been cursed with internet problems ever since I inserted my first AOL Help: Packet loss & Jitter over wireless network trial disk I have recently moved to a new home with others that use wireless Help: Packet loss & Jitter over wireless network devices as well They recently had a router that was frequently disconnecting with a red orange light But this is not the issue now as I have gone to replace this router twice now The first router I got was the linksys ea Help: Packet loss & Jitter over wireless network Once i installed this router I did my usual tests on speedtest net and pingtest net Speeds were satisfactory but when it came to the pingtest I had a lot of packet loss jitter This doesn t happen over a wired connection Gets an A grade over wired and gets a C grade over wireless I thought it was the router doing this as it s not the greatest router out there so I went and picked up the asus AC u router I thought to myself that this router was the solution to my problems however it wasn t I still experienced the exact same jitter packet loss as before not to mention the ghz band was giving me a mb s connection when it was giving me a mb s connection on the ghz band lol I did a little research and it seems as if the ghz band problem is relative to the ac u but this jitter packet loss is what s really bothering me For now I hooked in my powerline adapter to my PC so I can still play games without lagging but this doesn t solve the issue for wireless clients in my house including myself The packet loss is always around - while the jitter can be anywhere from - The router is on the floor in a separate room and where I test is separated by a couple walls I have rogers internet Please help me I thought that the move to this new place would solve my life long internet struggles Unfortunately it has just gotten worse This is my first post on these forums and any computer forums for that matter so please excuse me for doing anything incorrectly Thanks so much in advance guys nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi.

I am connecting to a Wireless network, through a ZyXel ZyAIR G-4100v2 router. My problem is that I am experiencing very regular packet loss every minute or so. This lasts for around 5-10 seconds on average. I am running XP with the latest service pack. So far, I have checked out;

Wireless Zero Config scanning of new stations (disabled that feature).
Xirrus network scan (signal is fine and consistent).

No idea what the problem is. I am not suffering from any degredation in signal, the problem seems to be that the router is simply not allowing anything through at regular intervals. I have attached a ping readout as well.

A:Regular packet loss on Wireless Network

And you don't get that issue with an ethernet connection?

Try Safe Mode with Networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regular-packet-loss-on-wireless-network.1048294/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I am experiencing loss over home routers Packet network - two packet loss over my home network in the following configuration I have two wireless routers D-Link connected to a cable modem via WAN port Belkin Wireless N router with quot Act as access point enabled quot A wireless laptop connects to either access point or a PC connects directly into router or into router via a switch plugged into one of the ports on router A meter cable runs between the two routers on a LAN port When the cable is connected I experience some packet loss when pinging youtube com and a slowing down when accessing secure http sites from either Packet loss over home network - two routers router Youtube com malfunctions when playing videos -- but most other web usage appears to work If I disconnect the uplink cable then I have none of the above symptoms I m currently using a patch cable to link the routers Update I have just borrowed a brand-new meter cross-over cable and I m getting the same packet loss with that as the uplink cable in at least two scenarios pings to youtube com via a PC plugged directly into router gives packet loss A wireless client connected to either access point gives Lost loss Then a PC plugged into the switch which is also plugged into router router gives Lost loss What I m doing seems to be quite common and I ve read of successful setups on this forum Please could someone advise nbsp

A:Packet loss over home network - two routers

Check the wiring of the cable, it would be my top suspect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-over-home-network-two-routers.941862/
Relevancy 81.27%

Greetings network home (packet HELP!!!! issue Weird loss?) gents I ve been having this issue with my home LAN for a week now I ve tried pretty much everything I know and still it doesn t even seem to resolve a bit So I come here hoping to find the real experts who can Weird home network issue (packet loss?) HELP!!!! remedy my agonizing problem My OS is Windows XP Pro SP I ve run Avast and Adware to make sure I am not infected by anything My ISP is Comcast There are desktop computers mine is one of the and VoIP phone connects through a white Netgear -port wireless router to the Motorola modem There are also addition desktop computers downstairs laptop computer and a Wii console that are connected through wireless All the devices have connections except mine The weird part about it is there is a working IP address not the private one but actual x x assigned to my system by DHCP I could ping to the router Google Yahoo and CNN com without any problem But when I try to sign on to MSN Messenger or AIM or open up Internet Explorer or Firefox to browse the web I get no connections at all The messengers would attempt to connect for a while before it quits and the web browsers would show the little sand clock and the progress bar trying to connect but eventually returns with quot web site not found quot page Since everything looks so normal I did notice one thing that might be the cause of this loss of connection When I opened up my local connections and looked at the packet activity status I m seeing a large and fast increment of Sent packets and barely anything for the Received packets the Sent packets increases by approximately packets sec and every or packets sent there is only packet received and it gets slower and slower for the Received as this quot activity quot lasts I have tried power cycling the modem and router and my desktop I shutted down my computer and unplugged both the modem and the router then I waited for seconds to plug the modem back on waited til all lights are solid lit then plugged the router back on and then turned on my system Same problem persisted I ve then tried cloning my MAC address to the router as suggested by one of the friends but it just killed the whole home LAN I ve tried the winsock solution as well both the netsh gt reset under command prompt and the Winsockxpfix exe application Didn t fix anything I ve even tried going into my network adaptor to change the connection to BaseT half duplex got it from some site as a solution for packet loss still nothing It has been a week now and I ve really ran out of things to try I ve contacted Comcast and when the guy tries to refer me to Microsoft I gave up hope on them Please help me nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I am having trouble with packet loss sometimes at on my desktop but not on my laptop The desktop is an AMD machine with x windows installed I have a wireless card installed alongside the built only loss computer on Packet one in Ethernet port Both wired and wireless Packet loss on only one computer produce the same amount of packet loss When I run a ping test I generally get response times of - ms from Google When I open Firefox or Internet Explorer Packet loss on only one computer it takes a good min to Packet loss on only one computer load the google homepage I ran a complete avast boot scan without problems I also ran ComboFix the log is attached Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks ScottUPDATE I just ran ccleaner to see if it would help It seems to be partially working now The problem I am having now is very slow download speeds My upload speeds are around mb and my download speeds are maxed out at kb I will check tomorrow to see if it is just a slow connection speed today Origin is downloading an update at kb Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Packet loss on only one computer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/464739 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464739/packet-loss-on-only-one-computer/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I play a game called Tactical Ops It s a game with low requirements like CS In my old computer I didn t have packet loss ping or lag issues Now I bought a new cpu and my ping it s going crazy In seconds change ou times Now I m playing with ping In my old computer lag loss ping, computer; packet New and problems I only had ou ping I google it and didn t found anything to solve my problem I didn t try other online games but I m guessing I ll have the same problem My old computer - Pentium ghz - Graphic Card Onboard mb - Sound Card Onboard - RAM ddr - XP Home Edition New computer - Motherboard M A TD-M EVO - AMD Athlon II X ghz - New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems Graphic Card - ATI HD Gb DDR - Sound Card Onboard - New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems RAM GB - XP Professional I use cable by the way I think I m not having problems in other programs that use internet like mozilla or utorrent They are working very well Btw I don t know if it helps but my game is playing like of speed in single player and if I go to options game speed If I reduce New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems to my game still works in speed thanks nbsp

A:New computer; ping, lag and packet loss problems

This might be caused by your cable modem or routers settings. Try resetting the router to its default Cable settings. Did you apply all the new motherboards drivers and install all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-ping-lag-and-packet-loss-problems.140489/
Relevancy 76.97%

I was browsing around on the internet about hours ago until my computer unexpectedly restarted No bluescreen just shut off and turned right back on After about minutes of skyping and browsing after it had restarted overlapping audio ads were playing in the background I closed all unnecessary programs Eventually the audio stopped but since then I've had iffy internet in have packet Computer the background, played restarted, now ads loss. I pinged a couple of websites and saw some packet loss and made a HostMyCalls ISP test and it's showing stable normal Computer restarted, ads played in the background, now have packet loss. ping but occasional packet loss YouTube videos and GIFs won't load at all sometimes pages like gmail or google take a while to load Thank you in advance for help Here's the report from HostMyCalls com http www hostmycalls com isptest rp html Route RP Project PRO Jstart AM Jstop AM Offset - PName visits Here's all the info from the DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jaybe at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Intel Intel reg Smart Connect Technology Agent iSCTAgent exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Lucidlogix Technologies VIRTU MVP MVPControlPanel exe C Windows System rundll exe C Users Jaybe AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio THXNBSet THXAudNB exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Lucidlogix Technologies VIRTU MVP EKAG NT EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x CyberLink MediaEspresso DeviceDetector DeviceDetector exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system PING EXE C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Wi... Read more

A:Computer restarted, ads played in the background, now have packet loss.

Hello, and welcome to Bleepingcomputer! My name is Elise and I'll assist you with this issue.GMER-------Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519208/computer-restarted-ads-played-in-the-background-now-have-packet-loss/
Relevancy 70.95%

Using a week old Win Lenovo laptop at work Usually connect to internet via DSL guest network at work i e no network security passes etc required and via wireless at home No issues until yesterday at work when certain websites wouldn t load Since connectivity issues are not uncommon at work I didn t think anything of it Today I managed to load websites that I use every day for work but no others After AM no websites would load at all not using Google Chrome or IE Disabled and enabled network connection no change Attempted to use guest wireless access no difference Network Status reported Mbps but when I pinged CNN all attempts timed out for packet loss So I waited till I got home in case the work 0% loss loss to but 100% packet gateway connection was just having some kind of issue although I wouldn t know what 100% packet loss but 0% loss to gateway Restarted the laptop and it recognized and connected to my home wireless network with no problem But still no website will load using either web browser Packet loss is similarly to any website but there is no packet loss when I ping the Gateway I run BitDefender and disabled it just in case some setting had gone awry but there is no change All other computers at my house are working without issue - towers private laptop and a second laptop issued by my employer and used daily on their secured network Since or my work is web-based this is a serious issue for me Does anyone have any thoughts Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-packet-loss-but-0-loss-to-gateway.1107825/
Relevancy 70.52%

Does any one know a tool which is able to measure bandwidth, connection loss time, number of packet loss, switching time of a wireless network

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/measure-bandwidth-connection-loss-time-number-of-packet-loss-switching-time.592593/
Relevancy 69.23%

Windows Vista sluggish operation Here are logs Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng loss Slow internet computer slow response packet exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer Slow computer slow internet response packet loss EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files SGPSA ie sh exe C Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Freecorder FLVSrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users JIM Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us mc mail yahoo com mc w own amp tt amp pSize amp rand amp jsrand R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook SearchHelper Class - C ED - E C- AE -A -A DE C E - C Program Files SGPSA mtwb sh dll R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO BrowserHelper Class - A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - C Program Files SGPSA SearchAssistant dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live Wi... Read more

Relevancy 67.08%

I've had 4-5% packet loss pinging to my ISP server for a week now. They tried everything, changing my LAN card, changing the cable, changing the Switch etc. Nothing seems to fix this, so they asked me to reinstall my Windows XP. My question is, can XP at all cause packet loss?

I'm on a LAN btw, and they pinged from their machine and they got no packet loss.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello All,

I am running a Home Cable 15M Down 1M up ISP. I also have a linksys WRT150N.

My network has Cat 6e cable, 2 computers and 1 laptop.

My issue is when i VPN to work i get slow connections and 20 to 60% packet loss. When i disable the VPN the ping test is fine.

my laptop is through my work and is rinning 2G Ram, Cisco VPN Clinet they i cant configure.

I have changed the MTU setting on all PC's to 1430 as well as the router and it does not seam to help any. If i use the laptop direct or wireless or even with no router the Packet loss is still present when i am VPN'd

any ideas on what i can do, or try?

A:Packet Loss when i VPN

Maybe the VPN links are saturated? Or there is a bug VPN server's firmware? Or maybe one on your router? Or maybe your firewall is interfering?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-when-i-vpn.846413/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am running Windows 7. I work from home and one of the systems is very sensitive to packet loss. My internet provider is cable and we average a packet lose from 50% to 80% on one of their hops. They have been trying for months to remedy the situation but is is not better. Is there anything I can do from my end to improve it?

A:Packet Loss

If you're getting that kind of packet loss, I can't imagine what you can do.

Let's take a look.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss.949518/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have extremely fast dsl connection and after it's on for a while i get alot of packet loss. Wehn i ping yahoo i can get a 25% loss and somemtimes it takes a while for a page to download because of the packet loss. What are some ways i can fix this?

A:Packet Loss Causes

you can't. Two major factors are
1) DSL is just digital over the phone lines which are subject to all kinds of
'noise'. Sometimes a dial-up can't even sustain 9.6kb. I have experienced even hearing
the cross-talk from a neighbor when calling a friend.

2) the very nature of TCP/IP is 'contention'; the drivers write w/o permission and
then find out after the fact that the packets had collisions and need to be resent.
This is a major reason that TCP/IP only performs to ~70% efficiency.

The interesting issue is 'where do the packets get lost'?
If you are using TRACERT (Unix=traceroute), then it's the losses that are used to find the existence
of the intermediate nodes - - kind of interesting.
In addition, assuming a simple 3 nodes end-to-end (a->b->c), once packets
are received at b, any losses to c are recovered(resent) from b, not a(greatefully).

Ping will report losses from A --> .... -->Z and there's not way to improve the
efficiency end-to-end other that to (somehow) get a totally different routing.

Packet loss is a way of life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packet-loss-causes.34961/
Relevancy 67.08%

I ran pingtest.net on both my desktop PC and laptop and I'm getting over 50% packet loss; although there are no symptoms of packet loss. The webpages load just fine. I sometimes get disconnected from online games. I called my ISP about it and they checked all the lines and modem and said there were no problems. Could my network card be dying out on me or something?

Hello ecko

In relation to your problem, can you describe your network layout, i.e. how many computers are connected, how many routers, anf firewalls etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss.1067217/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I am very happy to find this forum and hopefully you can help me My question is pretty easy at least I think So I ve been getting packet loss I found out where it occurs My question is is that is this my ISP s fault or could this be caused by like a bad switch in the building The reason why I ask that is because the IP starts with and I m guessing that could be the part of the LAN in the building I m not sure I m semi noob at this I just want to know if my ISP can fix this easily or if this is something more complex Thank you http gyazo Packet loss com df f c e b ae cad http gyazo com a ed a cc a be fb d c b http gyazo com eaa b b c fe f f f http gyazo com d faa a c a b d a http gyazo com e d bed e cade c e f Packet loss nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I'm experiencing a weird problem and i'm pretty sure it isn't my isp's fault considering none of my friends are experiencing this issue. When im using my computer, my packet loss jumps up to about 15-20% out of nowhere. I have no idea how it's happening. I'm running no torrent programs or any program that would do this (to my knowledge). To fix this i usually restart my computer and do a power cycle with my modem. Most of the time this will work, but sometimes i just watch it jump right back up. Even after fixing the problem it happens a few hours later. I really cant continue like this. any ideas?

A:Packet loss

go here for info on your problem...has a troubleshooter...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/loss.html

you can also try cablenut..

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22416,00.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss.482699/
Relevancy 67.08%

Websites are loading extremly slow and sometimes go to quot page not found quot Cox tested the connection from their offices and said I was getting - cox? me loss Packet or too Packet loss - me or cox? much packet loss They said if the problem was inside the house bad modem whatever I d have to pay for the service guy coming out I ve rebooted the modem and router and made sure the pc s were clean in case some trojan was causing the connection problem Every speed test I do hangs on the quot uploading quot part I m just trying to get an idea from experts if there s anything I can do to make sure the problem isn t my hardware Only other thing strange I notice is that both my quot receive quot and quot send quot data lights on the modem are almost always solid now They usually blink more It s like I have a steady stream of data going in and out where I didn t before I don t have an extra modem unfortunately to make sure that s not it but would a faulty modem cause packet loss with cox or would it just die all at once

A:Packet loss - me or cox?

Well that was pretty gay? Moved me to security? Thank god for techguy. Idiots.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321139/packet-loss-me-or-cox/
Relevancy 67.08%

For a long time now i have noticed a big difference between the advertised speed of my internet mbps and the actual speed of mbps i know it is advertised as Up To mbps but i don t think it should be that low So i looked around and found pingtest net who gave me this report says but it packet loss 88% is consistently and speedtest net who gave me this report This confused me however because this gives me almost mbps even though all downloads i try give mbps this may be because it is not taking into account packet loss Here is some more information about my issue Make and models ISP Telewest Broadband Virgin Media Modem CISCO EPC R Router BELKIN F D - Router BELKIN F D - Connection All Wired OS Windows XP home SP Browser Firefox NOTE my pc is connected through both router and Description of symptoms I have tried connecting my computer directly to the modem which i recall made it better but didn t fix it We have also had our modem replaced recently 88% packet loss with little or no result as to fixing this problem So i am pretty sure its a fault with my ISP or PC Some Info from CMD Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C 88% packet loss Documents and Settings Ollie gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received 88% packet loss Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Ollie gt PING yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Ollie gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- OLLIE-XBLADE lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered OLLIE-XBLADE lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Documents and Settings Ollie gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ollie-xblade Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM Thanks in Advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys first post and hopefully only but I m having troubles with my Computer and Packet loss I m in a house with computers none of the others have any problems and yet the computer I Loss Packet run has the best spec I m running Windows bit and I ve Packet Loss tried speedtest net which gives me a ping of also run pingtest net which funnily enough gave me no packet loss but ping I try to run CS S Counter strike and I have a continual packet loss of My computer is hardwired to the router Netgear DG G but I Packet Loss also have Packet Loss a wireless card installed and I have the same problem when I use that I have pinged my router through cmd I get zero packet loss no ping I pinged yahoo com and get these results Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms With both wired and wireless connections I have set up a static IP to my router with port forwarding I have also tried everything with my Antivirus NOD and Firewall Comodo disabled but still to no avail I also tried what I read in another thread to run a speed test when my pc is in safe mode with networking and it works low ping no low packetloss To me that say s that there is something software wise that is messing up I have done in depth scans with NOD and also scans with Spybot and my computer is showing up clean of nasties I have also tried closing more or less everything that isn t vital in Task manager gt processes Thanks nbsp

I have also noticed when I check "ipconfig /all" that my node type is peer-peer, could this be causing some problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss.934049/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have packet loss, and randomly connection loss (but otherwise i have very good pings!) under windows 7 with two different computer with realtek 8111B and 8111E onboard chips. But there is no packet loss under windows xp with the same computers.

I tried old, new, and motherboard manufacturer's drivers, new windows 7 system without any antivirus software, disabled windows defender, in safe mode, but still the same. I have no router, just a modem directly plug into the pc.

Whats the problem? Windows 7 or realtek drivers/chips?

Can you help me?

Thx!

A:Packet loss only in win 7, but not in xp

One thing to check is the firmware of the Modem.

There were a fair few changes to the network stack and networking in general, between the time of XP and Win7.

A few routers had problems with the change, and although It's not a common issue with modems' it may be worthwhile investigating if there are any firmware updates available.

If the modem is supplied by the ISP, they may even be willing to supply a replacement, especially if you have had the modem for some time

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220010-packet-loss-only-win-7-but-not-xp.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, I have done packet loss tests and it seems I get alot of it.

Here is a screenshot from PingPlotter to show what I mean. http://gyazo.com/4dfd8656e80701bd66547f7c214926c1

I get this insane amount of packet loss across every server and find it extremely annoying when gaming. Do you suggest any ways which help me to fix this problem?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 3, 64 bit Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2 Processor Count: 8 RAM: 8093 Mb Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1024 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 2097050 MB, Free - 1548284 MB; Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 LE R2.0 Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

You would probably want to run tracert against each individual test site and then compare the results, hopefully you will see that the bottlenecks appear at the same place and that would be where you would want to concentrate your efforts.
Also go over to DSLReports and run a speed test, then follow the site's recommendations

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss.1143607/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, i previously had a windows xp pc with a wirelless g usb network adapter. I was getting a smooth connection. However, when i bought a new pc with windows vista premium, I started experiencing much packet loss. I updated the adapter drivers for vista off linksys' website, but i am still experiencing loss. This has been affecting my online games such as Counter-strike source and Call of Duty 4 where i get kicked from online games due to the PB error "No packet Flow" after 30 seconds.
Is there anything i can do and what may be the source of the problem?
Thanks in advance

first find the game server name or IP address
then get a command prompt (run.>cmd) enter
ping servername (or ip address)
and you will get some timings. if there's no timeout or server not found message, then enter
pathping servername (or ip address)

it will take 200-300 seconds to run the test -- be patient

now you will see exactly WHERE in the network packets are being lost

you can COPY the report and paste into your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packet-loss.104416/
Relevancy 67.08%

Websites are loading extremly slow and sometimes go to quot page not found quot Cox tested the connection from their offices and said I was getting too much packet loss They said if the problem was inside the house bad modem whatever I d have to loss Packet - me is it cox? or pay for the service guy coming out I ve rebooted the modem and router and made sure the pc s were clean in case some trojan was causing the connection problem Every speed Packet loss - is it me or cox? test I do hangs on the quot uploading quot part I m just trying to get an idea from experts if there s anything I can do to make sure Packet loss - is it me or cox? the problem isn t my hardware Only other thing strange I notice is that both my quot receive quot and quot send quot data lights on the modem are almost always solid now They usually blink more It s like I have a steady stream of data going in and out where I didn t before I don t have an extra modem unfortunately to make sure that s not it but would a faulty modem cause packet loss with cox or would it just die all at once nbsp

A:Packet loss - is it me or cox?

Connect directly to the modem with one computer and run the following tests.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-is-it-me-or-cox.926823/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been experiencing packet loss on my cable connection. I can connect to the internet but I get timed out often. Is this a problem with the network card or the isp. I did a network diagnosis on the network through the help and support, the IP address always passes, the dhcp server and the dns server fail and also the IP gateway fails. I can ping my IP address,0%loss ping my default ip but get loss. When I ping yahoo .com I sometimes can get some loss other times it is good. I ping 172.0.0.1 and was able to ping it but now it is 100% loss. Had cable company come out and changed some cable and connections in basement/ and new modem, got it working but it is now not working. That is the way it goes up and down.

Do you have a router installed between your computer and the cable modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99815/packet-loss/
Relevancy 67.08%

I was talking about my packet loss to a guy who plays css with me, but thats not the point. i get lag spikes all the time they last about 5 seconds. and its packet loss. i was told that windows xp service pack 2 along with wireless is the problem. He told me there was a patch for it . and i couldnt find it on microsoft. can i get some help. he also told me to put my router to short purmable or w/e . to send out less packets, so the packets dont go out like crazy. can some1 help me ? thx.

A:packet loss

welcome

i'm trying to find the proper hotfix

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=h...kb%2f843264%2f

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/packet-loss-94931.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been having problems with my wireless for a few months now without finding a solution I 32 Loss With Packet bit Vista am not amazing with the technical aspects of computers but I am ok The main problem from this is random disconnects or lag spikes I play online poker and sometimes the loss only lasts a few seconds and after the quot network error working on a solution quot not a vista message box pops up everything catches up and i can continue playing other times the loss lasts long enough to completely disconnect me from the internet although I can almost always get Packet Loss With Vista 32 bit back on after disabling and re-enabling Packet Loss With Vista 32 bit the connection it often takes a few minutes and is very frustrating Screen shot of a continuous ping showing the loss http i photobucket com albums u packetloss jpg I am baffled by this and find my self way over my head any time i try to fix it If anyone could give me some solutions to try or references to helpful information I would be more than grateful I did test my router with the microsoft tool and every test checked out fine I also believe it is either a vista bit problem or a problem with my computer specifically and not my network or ISP since there is an xp and vista Packet Loss With Vista 32 bit bit machines both connected wirelessly to the same network with no loss I will be checking this post every hour or so the next few days if you need more information Thank you System specs vista bit service pack Gateway MT AMD Turion x Mobile technology TL- ghz gb RAM Realtek Extensible b g wireless device Router Lynksis DI- b g EDIT I tested my laptop on my school network with a basic ping test and it is doing the same thing Some packets just have the travel time spiked from the normal - to or more and others completely time out This rules out my router and I have the same problem with an external wifi card which points to it being a problem with my os Any help would be appreciated Ping Statistics for Packets sent Packets Recieved Loss Minumum ms Maximum ms Average ms

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214045-packet-loss-vista-32-bit.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I have a Windows XP SP with Road Runner Turbo and I have been experiencing major packet loss I get massives pings on Ventrilo of ms and I made some recent test and I have reported that my upload speed was at kbps the strange thing is that my download speed is fine at Mbps I have been experiencing this problem for weeks now we called the ISP they loss Unusual Packet came in times and never found out what the problem was so it might be my machine I have a Unusual Packet loss Hijack this for the current system info so you can pinpoint anything that maybe suspicious My Modem is a Arris and I use a router which is a linksys WRT G its not connected right now so its directly connected to the modem right now Here is the HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Unusual Packet loss Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C PROGRA ESRI License arcgis x lmgrd exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA ESRI License arcgis x ARCGIS exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files CVSNT cvslock exe C Program Files CVSNT cvsservice exe C Program Files DCPFLICS DCPFLICS exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Marvell xx svc mvraidsvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LBTWiz exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software SaiMfd exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Entertainment Center EAXLoadr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Saitek DirectOutput DirectOutputService exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C Program Files Marvell xx Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files BoincLogX boinclogx exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAn... Read more

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

Let me start out by saying my knowledge of networking is limited at best!!

I have a Linksys DG834G wireless modem but have been forced to run it directly connected to my PC to make it usable.

When wireless the signal only has to travel approx 10 meters through 1 stud wall and the signal strength is normally always good, however it seems to regularly (ie at least once a minute) drop out meaning I cannot play any online games as the lag is unbearable.

I want to check this, when I ping a site sometimes all 4 return within 35ms other times 3 out of 4 timeout. Is there a site / programme that I can run an extended ping test (ie send 30 pings over the course of 1 minute...) so that I can check this theory?

Thanks in advance.

A:Testing for packet loss

ping -t 127.0.0.1

or whatever address u want
this will continue until u stop it. use control + c to stop it.
best of luck

pooka

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/testing-for-packet-loss.657552/
Relevancy 66.22%

For a week now, I'm getting this sudden packet loss on my local network. There's 2 numbers I ping to check, one is 192.168.100.1 and the other is 192.168.100.2. I'm getting 2-3% packet loss, sometimes even more, on the first one for a week. So I call my ISP, they think the cable's faulty, so they change the whole thing. But it still doesn't solve anything.

What can be causing this problem, it's really annoying when trying to surf or download etc, they stop and start the whole way. And this all started all of a sudden, I never had any packet loss issues before.

Please help.

A:Getting weird packet loss

this is a local network problem, I'm surprised your ISP did that, but whatever. Try pinging 127.0.0.1 and see if you still get the packet loss, if so you've got a problem internal to the computer (127.0.0.1 is the loopback address, it's pinging itself without going through any cables).
Also may I ask how long the ethernet cables are and if they pass the power cable of things that can chew a lot of power? (TV's microwaves etc.).
Ethernet cables have a maximum length of 100m but if they're close to active AC power it can cause interferance in the cable and hence packet loss.

Last thing, its probably better for this to be in Internet & Networking->Networking rather than in Hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-weird-packet-loss.909014/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, my mcafee subscription ran out a few days ago so i downloaded avast anti-virus and comodo firewall as my security center, but since i have tried to play a game (battlefield 2) and i keep getting kicked for high ping, which is silly because i have a 20Mb connection and never hav a problem with lag or high ping.

So anyway i used a site to check what my ping was and it says....

"PING 86.15.129.228 (86.15.129.228): 56 data bytes

--- 86.15.129.228 ping statistics ---
20 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss"

I have never had any problems like this before, though i have disabled both my anti-virus and firewall and i still have the same problems, the thing i find weird is a can use my internet fine just cant play any mp games.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if you need anymore info jus ask.

A:100% Packet Loss *Sigh*

My first thought is that the Comodo firewall is blocking other connections from coming in, so maybe you need to add Battlefield 2 in the exceptions.
You would probably get better help if you were to go to the networking or gaming support sections.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/100-packet-loss-sigh-363068.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello

I have broadband highspeed internet connection and I connect to the internet via a modem and a router...so esentially it is wireless. I use a laptop with Windows XP. I mostly play games online...mainly Q3 arena, but face lag issues. (Pls dont jump on me saying I shld have posted this in the Games section). I have 2 questions -
1. Can using a wireless connection cause lag in the game? (I dont think it should)

2. Is there any website/tool that can help me determine if there is any packetloss happening or not??

The ppl playing with me say that I shld check if packetloss is happening. I dont know how I can check that...I went to www.dslreports.com and under their tools, I tried their packetloss test, but I waited and waited....it din't show any results. Any other sites/tools where I can do it for free?

I appreciate your help
Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

Okay I have been having this issue for about a month now Everyday from pm - pm my internet has random lag spikes and my computer recives packet loss I ve tried calling my ISP Rogers Loss Problem Packet Cable i live in Toronto Ontario and everytime i talk with some one they tell me something different At random times during the day i won t be able to open my homepage for minutes it will be connecting and then won t open the page if i keep refreshing sometimes it might open it all depends on the moment when i m receiving spikes I have a MB high-speed cable connection First i called my isp and they told me they were pinging my modem and they could see lots of packet loss they Packet Loss Problem pinged my neighbors i live in a building by the way and they could see some packet loss Packet Loss Problem with some of my neighbors Packet Loss Problem They submitted a ticket and a tech guy came to our building to check all the wiring or whatever he s supposed to check A few days later i got a call from Rogers they told me the issue was resolved but obviously it wasn t because i was still getting the same issue at different times of the day I called them again and this time they told me that the problem was from my side so they booked an appointment for a technician to come to my apartment and check everything out When the technician came early during the day pmish he pinged my modem and obviously he said that everything was fine i told him that i knew it was fine just because the internet only starts acting up after he told me that it might have to do with the wiring in the building then he left The day after i was having the same problem again and i called Rogers and i told them that the problem hasn t been fixed the guy pinged my modem and saw the same results as before i only call when i m having the issue only some of my neighbors were recieving small packet loss this time He submitted a ticket and got a person to come and check out the building for the nd time again By the way i have called more then these times i have called my isp many times when i was receiving lag issues and as soon as they would start pinging my modem my internet would go back to normal and it wouldn t be laggy and everything would work perfectly so the guy on the other end told me he couldn t report any problem because he wasn t receving any problems through the tests he was running So once again even after the guy came to check out the internet for the nd time earlier today i started lagging again so i called and this time i wasn t lagging as bad as usual sometimes i wouldn t be able to open up my homepage but sometimes when i would refresh the page would open once again spikes The guy told me that it might be my ethernet cable or my modem he was also telling me that i wasn t getting any packet loss at all all of a sudden my internet was back to normal great huh he suggested that i should go to a Rogers store near by and exchange my modem because it might be because of the modem i kept telling him to ping my modem and he got one result of ping After this phone call i started lagging again minutes later i got my friend to ping my modem he lives in Windsor Onatrio and he said i was getting over ping he pinged me times in a row I m also a gamer so this makes playing games online impossible also in my ventrilo server that is located in NYC i ping over sometimes If anybody can help me with this issue i would HAPPILY donate to this website just because i am so sick and tired of this issue I ve never seen anything like it it just started happening to me out of no where I tried checking the wiring and i tried unplugging things and plugging things back in its just those times of the day where i receive lag - pm Any ideas or any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you very much nbsp

A:Packet Loss Problem

When you're having the problems, try this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. Post the results link from the top of the test display page here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-problem.678533/
Relevancy 66.22%

So I ve been using a wireless network which was working fine loss! Solved: 88% packet for a while and all of the sudden today I tried to play an online game on my xbox and it kept freezing and lagging horribly But my signal indicator appears to be strong I found a site called ping test and now I see that I have an packet loss I have no idea what would cause this but I suspect roadrunner as the service appears to have declined lately but I thought I would check to see if there is Solved: 88% packet loss! a solution I tried switching the channel on my router but that hasn t helped The only thing I can think of to do next is to test the connection directly from the cable modem and make sure it is not the router The reason I suspect the cable is it has gone completely out a few weeks ago took them all day to fix it and the week before that there were connection issues Also the TV was pixelated frequently like it wasn t receiving good bandwidth Time Warner used to be good but I think the service is declining Is a way to test the router nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello For a month now I ve been getting about - packet loss on my home network When this started I hooked up my cable modem directly in to the outside line and then my computer directly in to the modem I got the same result I also tested it with another modem Charter told me that I need a DOCSIS modem so I got that same results Since then all cabling and splitters in the house have been replaced The cable from the outside box to the inside has been replaced along with something else in that outside box Charter tech rd one since this started came today and replaced the actual line running loss Intermittent packet from Intermittent packet loss the pole to my house he came inside ran a ping test same result Does anyone have ANY idea what could be the problem The tech has no idea and says he will submit this to his supervisor who will run tests from his office and then call me with what he finds But that will be on Tuesday nbsp

A:Intermittent packet loss

Open Elevated Command Prompt Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.Now type or copy and paste the commands below one at a time hitting enter after each.

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int reset all

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-packet-loss.1063801/
Relevancy 66.22%

hey guys .i need some help.
i am running win 7 ultimate.
with a 2mb connection.
but still i face lag while playing fifa 10 online.
why is it so..
why i searched evrwhere .
finally i cam to know that i have some packet loss problem .
but how to resolve it man.
plz someone help me out .

A:facing lag due to packet loss

Quote: Originally Posted by farhanfreak

hey guys .i need some help.
i am running win 7 ultimate.
with a 2mb connection.
but still i face lag while playing fifa 10 online.
why is it so..
why i searched evrwhere .
finally i cam to know that i have some packet loss problem .
but how to resolve it man.
plz someone help me out .

lik dude, we kinda need much more info. Lag? how do you like know? where does it like say?
have you like searched gooogle?

Like what kinda loss?

does that make it easier to understand?

We need much more information. please put your system specs in the box in the lower left corner of your posts. Then tell us about your network setup, etc
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/100111-facing-lag-due-packet-loss.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been experiencing random packet loss for the past weeks I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me This computer is linked to the model via powerline on ATT DSL The is the only computer that I am having issues with so it has to be a computer issues most likely I have called my ISP they checked the link and everything is good they tell me They stated it was most likely the antivirus Bitdefender So I went through the settings and everything looks good The connection is trusted not sure why it loss Random packet should be blocking it Tried to uninstall the software and disabled the firewall but to no success It will work for maybe an hour at random times of the day When I ping the connection I will get a - loss of packets Random packet loss at time of downtime My main computer has no issues and the other that run off wifi I even tried switching ports on the modem but still nothing I tried messing with different speed amp duplex settings but that didn't help Also uninstalled the network driver and did a reboot still nothing

A:Random packet loss

Hi, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Have you tried different cable? For a DSL modem latency is normally 10 to 70ms. You can use Ping plotter to measure the latency and post it here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315426-random-packet-loss.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been having issues all day with my internet. i.e. lag, video streaming slow, online gaming freezing, loss of connection.. After doing two independent Ping Tests the connection speed is fine but both record Packet Loss. Please explain.

A:Internet packet loss: what does it mean?

This might be of some use:
http://www.mpls-experts.com/what-causes-packet-loss-on-the-internet/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packet-loss-what-does-it-mean.180151/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey My situation is as followed until recently my internet was fine I'd have no problems but for a few weeks now I've been hovering around ping and about to packet loss rendering pretty much anything I do impossible Sometimes it's a spike that lasts for a few minutes but it can go as long as the whole day The problem is that I'm in University and I share a room with another person Packet 60%-90% Constantly Loss Around he is not affected by the lag He claims to have lag but when I look over at his screen he sits nicely at around ms in his game I've caught him once when he was out of the room torrenting a movie but that would affect his own internet too right Also I notice that whenever he is asleep or not home with the computer off my lag Packet Loss Constantly Around 60%-90% stops and I can continue doing everything as normal So what I'm asking is is it something on my own computer thats causing my lag or is my roommate un intentionally doing something to me Thanks PS This is what pingtest is telling me

A:Packet Loss Constantly Around 60%-90%

if he's sucking up the majority of the bandwidth downloading torrents then you will have issues with ping and packet loss , my guess is his torrenting is taking priority and you are getting what is left over..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39913-packet-loss-constantly-around-60-90-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve tried calling Cox Internet but they seem to just do the same thing every time Resend the signal then tell me they can send a tech support guy in another week My computer is connected directly to my modem and the internet works fine I packet loss am high getting speed I am getting high packet loss is also sketchy though using a generic online speed test i get anywhere from mbs down to mbs down my service is mb down up This would not be noticeable if I didn t play some online games on my computer as well as console games But I did notice it and decided to use a few programs and games I know to try and calculate if it was high packet loss Here is one of the results ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WinMTR statistics Host - Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last ------------------------------------------------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ - - - - ptp lvcm net - - - - ptp lvcm net - - - - ptp lvcm net - - - - ptp lvcm net - - - - ptp lvcm net - dukedsrj -ge tc at cox net - dukedsrj -so tc at cox net - - lkhnsysl -gex at cox net - www cox net - And in some games that I test it on it goes anywhere from of packets lost to which is really horrid I pinged cox net My question is if there is any way to fix this without waiting for the techie to come to my house The high packet loss happened very suddenly and comes and goes I don t even know if this is the right forum or if this is fixable but I seriously don t want to wait a week That s pretty poor service anyway My internet is shoddy and they want me to wait a week to get it fixed nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi It s my first time posting on this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong section Recently about a week ago I started experiencing a high percentage of packet loss while using the internet It started out with what I thought was just quot regular lag quot or ping spikes while I was gaming However after checking with command prompt and pinging the game servers I found out that I was having an obscene amount of packet loss about - but other than that when packets were Severe loss. packet in fact returned my ping would be perfectly normal usually ms Usually when I m experiencing lag while gaming and check the ping the packet loss is minimal and my ping would hover around the ms - ms range So this was the first sign that something was amiss The day after this happened I started experiencing severe latency issues when just surfing the internet normally Webpages would frequently take minutes to load or even fail to load all together and all the while I never disconnected from the internet once I did the same thing as I did with the game servers and pinged pages like google com and I found the same issue - severe packet loss packet loss for MINUTES at a time interspersed with brief periods seconds max of perfect ping The problems did not seem to stop getting worse there Up to this point these packet loss issues only occurred while I was using the internet during the night In the morning packet loss would be minimal and my latency would be perfect Because of this I attributed the issues as being problems with the ISP However as days passed the problem seemed to occur earlier and earlier into the day and it has gotten to the point that it has become so crippling I cannot normally use the internet at any time of the day anymore unless Severe packet loss. I want to sit here waiting minutes for a page to load I am the only computer in the house that is getting issues like this Also one interesting thing I would like to note that gives me reason to believe this issue is tied to problems with my computer This also happened in the past and was a frequent approach I took to temporarily alleviate lag but whenever I restart my computer for about - minutes I experience minimal packet loss and perfect latency This Severe packet loss. time frame also seems to be shrinking now too unfortunately and I can at best only get minutes of quot good quot internet before packet loss kicks in again This leads me to believe that there is some kind of application or service that is eating up my bandwidth However there is evidence against my last point I restarted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if I still had packet loss issues and while it looked promising for the first minutes packet loss issues STILL Severe packet loss. started to kick in after that point suggesting that either it is a service that can start during Safe Mode I somehow doubt this or there is another underlying issue that I am completely unaware about In terms of diagnosing the problem I have ran Pingtest both in Normal Mode and in Safe Mode with Networking The Pingtest in Normal Mode failed to finish for unknown reasons - it got stuck on determining packet loss The Pingtest in Safe Mode with Networking finished with a result of F The packet loss was also unable to be determined and my latency was about ms to a destination that is miles away However during the test itself I noticed that the ping regularly stayed within the ms - ms range Why it spiked up so hard in the end is unknown I have also performed virus scans and malware scans No suspicious items were detected I have also attempted to disable all non-essential services from msconfig No change Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated ---- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives A Total - MB Free - MB C Total -... Read more

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I need help I am getting anywhere from - packet loss and need help learning how to fix it I use -bit vista a surfboard cable modem no router all hardlines to the computer I have been looking around and have tried troubleshooting it before but finally i figured loss HUGE packet id ask for specific help If anyone needs numbers specs anything to attempt to help me respond and i will put them up as soon as i can Ask whatever questions that could lead to theories as to why I already have replaced my old modem ordered this new surfboard HUGE packet loss one i replaced wires and I defragged my HD So I m relatively sure my hardware isnt a problem It COULD be flaky ISP hardware in the area but i think it may just be me having some setting screwed up This problem only started when i moved several blocks away from my university dorm to a new apartment though I dont know if universities have different protocols that allowed me to have some settings different and it would work their but not my new place I have normal jitters and normal latency nothing high Also i have contacted my ISP they say everything is fine techs have been here they say everythings fine and the normal bull from the ISP i use Mediacom in Iowa City IA I of course can post screen caps of pingtest net speakeasy net dslreports as well John nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Just had a call with my ISP support person who didn't understand the difference between me tracert'ing/showing packet loss and what the speed of the connection is.

1. Wireless connection
2. Australia - Telstra
3. ADSL2+ (best I can get)
4. TP LINK TD-W8968
5. MSE
6. Ipconfig/all: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. - Pastebin.com

I want to know if I should buy a new router with DDWRT support. This is a router I bought second hand and I keep getting packet loss every 20 seconds or so. What are some cheap options for a decent DD WRT router that is only going to be utilized on a ADSL2+ connection? Or are there any other diagnostics I should do beforehand?

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402444-packet-loss-isp-useless.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
As I'm always experiancing delays and such. So I ran a pingtest at pingtest.net and here are the results http://www.pingtest.net/result/3334956.png and thats not even that long to the server, and it shows a 59% packet loss.
My computer specs are:
CPU : AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2427
Bus Speed : 200 MHz
Motherboard : MSI MS-7369
Memory : 2048 MB (162ns)

What can I do?

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey this is my first post on loss between High 6 11 PM and PM packet here and i have a packet loss between and pm Here is the email i sent to my ISP Adam Internet Hello I have been experiencing alot of trouble with my internet connection which is currently provide by you The internet is fine all day until about PM UTC I play a computer game Minecraft and play on a server over the internet The server is hosted by another player but my friends play on the server and they don t experience any lag Between the hours Give or take hour PM to PM I am on the internet and do High packet loss between 6 PM and 11 PM not experience any dropouts but the game becomes so laggy that i am unable to do High packet loss between 6 PM and 11 PM anything I have called your customer support multiple times and the first time i was told that it was fixed but if the problem occured again to call my phone provider the problem disappeared for the rest of the night but sure enough the next night it returned So i called Telstra and they ran a test on the line and during that test i experienced a perfect connection all night The next day they called and said the line was fine and there was no problems on it Additional details Plan Type AdamEzyChoice GB Problem has been occurring for about months now My download usage is GB Please help me in fixing this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-packet-loss-between-6-pm-and-11-pm.1058346/
Relevancy 66.22%

Is anyone aware of a known issue with Vista 64-bit edition and broadband internet access? I've been to several homes now where the customer has bought a brand new pc with Vista 64-bit edition fresh out of the box and connected to their internet connection they have massive packet loss.

The PC's are typically Dell's, but most of the customers have had other PC's running XP or Vista 32-bit edition and all is fine. I don't run 64-bit so I'm unable to test at my own home.

A:Vista 64-bit Packet Loss

There have been many complaints with Vista-64 and driver issues. One issue is that the 64 bit version REQUIRES signed drivers, and since it's pretty rare, many manufacturers have not gotten around to creating them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-packet-loss.822146/
Relevancy 65.79%

okt so i moved recently and before i moved i had a perferct score and now i have this
which would be more likely the cause modem or isp? it is the same isp that i had before i moved

Relevancy 65.79%

So I figured this was worth a shot About six weeks ago two weeks after the release of the new World of Warcraft expac I began experiencing significantly higher ping ingame Chat was fine but actions would incur a - second lag spike Needless to say this prevents any sort of competitive gameplay This is a peak hours weekend issue only I am wired directly to the Comcast-issue DOCSIS modem The computer is a three-month-old OTB HP with specs well over what the game requires Windows Pathping returns a - packet loss across jumps starting at the third entry Technician replaced several cables and splitters as well as the modem Connection is fine upstream and downstream are fine signal strengths and SNRs are within tolerances all channels bound Only WoW experiences this issue even Diablo is fine Any ideas I ve tried most common solutions but here are the next few I plan to try Update modem firmware Connect another computer to the same connection nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-latency-packet-loss-comcast.1075655/
Relevancy 65.79%

Does anyone know if there is a bug for Vista Ultimate SP1 that causes major packet loss? I have a friend who had a 64-bit new Dell Vista Ultimate SP1 brand new out of the box and when connected directly to his cable modem packet loss was about 30-50%

He returned that pc and got the same one but 32-bit and had the same issue. I had my lap-top there eeepc running xp home and it didn't seem to have any issues at all. The reason I ask if there is a known bug is because I am having the same issue only mine is intermittent I just been too lazy to troubleshoot it lately. I too am running Vista Ultimate SP1.

Relevancy 65.79%

I have two routers set up, and when I am trying to ping one of them from another site, I am seeing Packet Loss of between 20 - 30%. I have tried pinging from a number of sites, and same problem.

Anybody have any ideas?

A:Packet Loss when Pinging Router

Do a traceroute from each location to the same medium. (Google for instance.)

Ideally, do this from a *nix host that supports ICMP probes. If that's not available, winders tracert will do.

Keep in mind, that ICMP is low on the totem poll for most carriers. So assuming you don't have wiring/DSX/whatever issue it could simply be a saturated link.

Again, do the traceroute. Post results. See if traceroute "slows down" at or near same "hop".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-when-pinging-router.405019/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I tried to determine the source of my problem but I can't see any development loss and between router Packet laptop so I decidec to post here I have huge lagg spikes in my apartment while using Wifi I attached screens so you can fully understand what I mean What I tried already - Asking my housmates but they experienced nothing like that first I doubted them but the next time when I had a spike I checked a ping to our router on their computer but they had constant - ms - Changing the Antenna to a stronger one I had it at home I don't know the exact type now but it is Packet loss between laptop and router bigger - Changing router same model but v If I remember well - Changing wifi channels tried almost every possible - - Windows Reinstall not becouse of this but didn't solve anything I am not sure If my network driver Is a newer version than before or not - When I had a spike I brought the laptop as near as possible to the router but it was not better at all EDIT - I tried on Ubuntu as well had the same problem Details Wifi Network Router TP-Link WR G v C ISP Hungarian DigiNET DIGI Type Cable I think I only have a LAN cable provided no modem or anything I don't use firewalls on my laptop I only have Microsoft Security Essentials as an av Thank you for your time and help Edit Oh I am stupid I have a latency spike not a packet loss Sorry

A:Packet loss between laptop and router

Do the ping spikes occur on any other wireless network? Typically, latency spikes are either caused by a wireless channel issue or driver issue. That being said some wireless NICs can go bad therefore the checking on a different wireless network may help.

What is the make/model of your wireless NIC? If you do not know, what is the make/model of your computer so we can provide an appropriate driver to try.

Last shot would be to check third party software however if a re-install did not yield any benefit then the chances of that being the cause is slim.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308185-packet-loss-between-laptop-router.html
Relevancy 65.79%

During online gaming and Help solve me loss this problem...packet streadming video audio I ve been suddenly getting very poor connection quality It makes online games virtually unplayable which is quite frustrating The internet in general is a lot slower Help me solve this problem...packet loss as well I do not use a router or anything else I have a cable connection from Cox High Speed Internet I used a HyperTrace program to tracert to various websites all with the same results Intermittent high latency and about packet loss My first downstream hop is IP so I used a ping plotter to see if the problem was there Sure enough I get about packet loss to this machine which has no DNS name and latency spikes into the hundreds and thousands Is this an ISP problem or something else What can I do Help me solve this problem...packet loss about this since when I call tech support Help me solve this problem...packet loss they have no idea what quot tracert quot is or anything else They suggest defragmenting my hard drive Anyway does anyone want to take a stab at my issue or at least ping to check for packet loss Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

One of our clients is presenting data transmission issues and over Increasing packet time loss I m getting pretty stumped Our system uses peer-to-peer UDP pipes for audio-video data exchange When necessary we use public STUN servers to handle translation but I don t recall if either end-point in this scenario utilizes STUN Basically one end-point consistently shows packet loss Originally I assumed it was service area bottleneck since Increasing packet loss over time only one end-point had the problem The ISP disclaimed any problems with the network at first but after a while they conceded an issue Their resolutions didn t remedy the packet loss though So I had my client replace his NIC turns out he just uninstalled reinstalled which immediately corrected the problem For about ten days On the eleventh day sure as sure we saw consistent packet loss again This time around the ISP has guaranteed no network problems They even recabled that end-point s environment Last week I had my client replace his NIC full-stop by disabling the on-board and using a separate PCI or USB adapter Again immediately we saw a performance boost and all week the end-point has presented only - Increasing packet loss over time packet loss Last night however it s back up to --and in some cases as much as This end-point is the only one among our entire user base that so consistently shows packet loss What could be causing this All my instincts point to environment except swapping the hardware has such an immediate and significant impact I keep telling our client we need to perform speed tests on his machine independently of his ISP but thus far he has declined I assume though if his ISP was Increasing packet loss over time willing to recable the residence speed tests won t illuminate anything new This ticket s history is ongoing but I ve only owned it for about a month If you need any information about history I ll have to gather it and post more when I can Thanks chris nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

hello
i am a gamer and for some reason i cant connect to any games
i ran netalyzr and here are the results:

ICSI Netalyzr ? Results

everything was fine yesterday but after attempting to connect to steam i get this

http://puu.sh/bHb44/8c030858e5.png

im not really tech savvy so id really appreciate it if anyone could help me

thanks in advance!

A:100% packet loss when i try pinging google

Who is your ISP? Is it capped? Are you over the cap? Maybe DNS issues.

Was 6 hours ago, maybe you figured it out?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54121-100-packet-loss-when-i-try-pinging-google.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Pinging 98.137.149.56 and had 100% packet loss; this was suggested in another thread.
LAN connected at 100 Mbps BUT cannot access Internet! Windows XP
HP desktop; Belkin N Router; Optimum Cablevision - Modem Scientic Atlanta "Webstar"

I am using my iPhone to access Internet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Relevancy 65.79%

On my Lenovo T400 Laptop I can connect to web pages fine with only around 1/3 packet loss.

However whenever I try to connect to servers I get 100% packet loss on most of them.

A rare few work fine. Runescape works for some reason, but the big ones like Fallen Earth and Starport refuse to work.

They did before, so I don't know what's up.

By looking at it you would assume it was a firewall issue, but no! It's definitely not a firewall issue! i've even uninstalled the firewalls, allowed software, all that!

It's not the router because I can connect to them fine on my other PC

so it's a problem with this laptop.

Help :|

A:100% Packet loss when trying to connect to servers

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/935707-packet-loss-when-trying-connect.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-packet-loss-when-trying-to-connect-to-servers.935711/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey, so yesterday I thought I was going to settle in to a wonderful weekend of WoW but my latency is extremely high. An Aliant tech came, buggered around, said it was fixed and went on his way. He did fix my down/up speed, but a number of pingtests show i'm experiencing 20-25% packet loss consistently..... is this an issue on my end? or should my ISP tech support be fixing it?

Relevancy 65.79%

my internet in painfully slow and I m suspecting its comcast but wanted to find out a bit more when i run tracert and ping anyone I usually have at least one of the tries sent out in hop time out but I cant figure out who it belongs to hops ms ms ms ms ms ms ip- - - - midstate ip cablemo net ms ms ms - - - -empty fidnet com ms - - wireless packet 4 on net loss problem in hop - -empty fidnet com ms ms RLLA-cable-ATM - fidnet com most of the time hop doesnt time out theres a couple random timeouts each time here and there but hop fidnet is consistent im on a linksys router and ive tried everything i know on my end but my nets slow and online games are filled with latency I use comcast cable with their quot fastest quot service and and its around a place called packet loss problem in hop 4 on wireless net Rolla in missouri U S A I m guessing Rolla is where the RLLA in hop is comming from So does this look like it has to be my service provider I packet loss problem in hop 4 on wireless net ve checked this with another pc in my house as well with same results so i at least know its not the wi-fi Thanks for any of your expertise Jesse nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

On my Lenovo T400 Laptop I can connect to web pages fine with only around 1/3 packet loss.

However whenever I try to connect to servers I get 100% packet loss on most of them.

A rare few work fine. Runescape works for some reason, but the big ones like Fallen Earth and Starport refuse to work.

They did before, so I don't know what's up.

By looking at it you would assume it was a firewall issue, but no! It's definitely not a firewall issue! i've even uninstalled the firewalls, allowed software, all that!

It's not the router because I can connect to them fine on my other PC

so it's a problem with this laptop.

Help :|

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-when-trying-to-connect-to-servers.935707/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I have somewhat of a packet loss problem with my games, and I use a wireless connection, using a WUSB54G adapter by linksys, and my brother uses a wireless connection as well and his game doesn't lag like that at all, but he has a PCI wireless card, I'm wondering if having a PCI wireless card would fix anything.

P.S. The problem is fixed when I plug in to the router directly through ethernet, but I'd rather use wireless.

Relevancy 65.79%

I currently have a TP-LINK TL WN821N USB wireless adapter for my desktop. It is within 30 feet over the router with no real interference. Yet I get massive packet loss and a stuttering connection constantly. I cannot figure out why. I am using a Windows 10 64 bit OS. The driver is current but it is now Windows 10 since there isn't one available yet. Apparently it is still compatible according to the manufacturers website. My only guess is to change drivers. My bandwidth just spikes up and down and does not stay consistent. Help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-stuttering-connection.1170700/
Relevancy 65.79%

This is really starting to irritate me This has been going on for the last week on and off me internet will just bog down to dial up speeds and I will get massive packet drop for hours on end I have msconfig d services on and off to test for a broken service changed router password switched from dynamic to static IP s enabled and disabled spi firewall software firewall enabled and disabled upnp clean booted modem and router I am at a lose as to what to do it won t even let me connect to my modem to check signal levels which were fixed by comcast about months ago anyways Pingtest and speedtest all show packet loss and A across the board ever time only long tests like the line test show it also Packet Comcast. Massive Loss the ling test reports loss for medium and high bandwidth streams but that has always been the case Pic http oi tinypic com xszvc jpg I am at a loss as to what to do it seems like basic internet browsing is fine until I connect to Steam AIM Vent and any game as a gamer this is pretty much making my days after work as boring as possible Any help will be appreciated thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/massive-packet-loss-comcast.1061347/
Relevancy 65.79%

So recently my internet is experiencing some packet loss which is making my loss variance Packet speed and gaming unbearable I just moved into my new place in December and have loved my internet so far I had a ton of packet Packet loss and speed variance loss issues in my old town and moving to this new town with a new provider seemed to fix the problems until now The speeds are slower here dl and upload but very steady until the last few Packet loss and speed variance days In games like league of legends I will be hitting creeps or whatever and then it s like the game is paused for - seconds and then sped up all of the sudden and im dead Here are some ping results the first is a small sample showing the loss while in a game the second is a hour session I have power cycled the router and modem and it didn t help Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

A:Packet loss and speed variance

Is their anything else I can do on my end to see if it's something I have that's faulty or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-and-speed-variance.1149171/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys I'm new here hope you can help - have seen a similar thread in windows probably should have been in networking section I apologize My internet provider has Wi-fi networks across the city our tenement house has a receiver I am connected to router via cable With very varied frequency I am getting random packet loss - up to which makes e g 1-5% loss packet - Destination Unreachable gaming annoying It does so for all websites I tried At times there is no packet loss for even minutes sometimes every seconds or so I get quot request timed out quot followed by quot destination Destination Unreachable - 1-5% packet loss unreachable quot - Is the issue on providers' site or between my PC and the router -Any solutions to fix this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users VaclavDusek gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name VaclavDusek-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Destination Unreachable - 1-5% packet loss Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address -FB-A - A- - F Destination Unreachable - 1-5% packet loss DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe acc aaf f d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- - A- -FB-A - A- - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb a bdb f ff b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a bdb f ff b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AA E A-B F- A E- CD-C E F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Message I'm getting Pinging anetliberec cz with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from Destination net unreachable Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL ... Read more

A:Destination Unreachable - 1-5% packet loss

Just to add the ISP got pretty bad reviews about unstability etc.
- just need to know if this is likely on the provider's side

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/destination-unreachable-1-5-packet-loss-788546.html
Relevancy 65.79%

i have windows xp i plug ethernet cable in at work at it connects for secs then disconnects for secs and continues to do that it rarely allows me to connect and when it does i am disconnected within a min I loss,ip packet oth nothing; keeps LAC disconnecting, resets do 100% plug it in on the older windows comp and it works LAC keeps disconnecting, 100% packet loss,ip resets do nothing; oth perfect ive tried manually switching the ip gateway to the comp that works which i ve done before and it worked great and i ve tried automatically getting ive turned off firewalls reset the ip ping it and get Packets Sent Recieved Lost its not the cable it works on the other comp ive deleted everything on my comp and put it on the lowest version of windows and it still connects for secs and discoonects for secs I upgraded it and checked my drivers and modem it will let me on the internet once in an extremely rare occasion for a couple mins Note I used to have my comp working through internet at work it recently started doing this about days ago its got me completly lost and hopless and makes no sense to me at ALL its not my jack in the comp because it works at home can you help me out nbsp

A:LAC keeps disconnecting, 100% packet loss,ip resets do nothing; oth

What are you connecting it to at work? Since it works at home, and other computers work with the work connection, my guess is perhaps there is MAC filtering on the gateway at work.

Of course, some real information about the failing environment would be very useful here.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

On the work environment, let's see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lac-keeps-disconnecting-100-packet-loss-ip-resets-do-nothing-oth.627810/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Just curious if anyone has noticed packet loss in Vista Win systems which is not present in WinXp I have tested this on both Comcast and Brighthouse residential internet connections Two different intel i based computers one with onboard Marvell NIC and the other with onboard Realtek C NIC both with dual in but loss Win7/vista not Packet Xp boot configuration and both connecting to the internet via motorola surfboard cable modems and Dlink DGL- or Dir- routers I even added an intel pci express NIC to one of the systems and using the intel gigabit CT NIC the results are the same I tried doing a safe mode boot with networking and the results are also the same Results Both computers running under XP experience dropped packets when using ping test easy Ping Test Easy - Packet loss in Win7/vista but not Xp Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download com I ping www Google com with default settings ping rate of ping every seconds and time out threshold of ms Even if left to run for hours there is packet loss or rarely if left running long enough a max of loss Both computers running under Win bit pinging google with the same parameters will invariably show around - packet loss The dropped packets will show up pretty quickly at the default ping rate Interestingly though my brother has a computer with an onboard realtek D NIC running under win pro bit and his system has packet loss when pinging google with the same parameters He has comcast internet service with a motorola cable phone modem and a linksys router Has anyone else observed this packet loss with Win Vista systems Anyone running Win or Vista systems want to do some pinging and report back Thanks for any input on these observations

A:Packet loss in Win7/vista but not Xp

Hi there, Open cmd and type
Code:
ping www.google.com
Check the packets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64853-packet-loss-win7-vista-but-not-xp.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all This is my first post and i m resorting to this because I have NO idea whats causing this problem I live in Saudi Arabia and my ISP is STC Saudi Telecom Company I have a DSL connection to my home which has been acting up for the past month THis connection is shared by about PCs using additional switches The internet is VERY slow Pages either dont load or have to be refreshed sometimes half a page will load and then just stop downloads are either very slow or stop halfway same with uploads My ISP claims everything should be working fine and that there is no noise on my line and that my line is stable I ve tried everything from replacing ALL cabling from router to wall i e Packet Unexplainable Solved: Loss phone line to splitter to replacing the LAN cables too Here is the winMTR Solved: Unexplainable Packet Loss output with host google com which should explain my predicament Here are the details on my DSL line Please guys im desperate Any help would be much appreciated NDK nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I m using Windows Home Premium bit My desktop is currently wired The company name Slow Loss. Internet Packet - of my internet is Clear I ve been having really really slow internet for the past week It s not just on my computer the connection on my other computer is slow as well I tried Slow Internet - Packet Loss. doing speed tests from speedtest net and speakeasy net speedtest but I haven t been able to get the upload speed I always get an error saying that there was a problem with trying Slow Internet - Packet Loss. to get the upload files I also tried doing ping tests a few times from pingtest net and got this I ve tried calling the company and found that their customer support does not know what they are doing I was on the phone with them for about two hours No results The connection was fine a week ago with no packets being lost or anything Please help MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set FF Proxy Settings Hosts content gs apple com localhost IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Connected Microsoft Loopback Adapter Local Area Connection Hardware not present Microsoft Loopback Adapter Local Area Connection Hardware not present ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ----------------------------------pushd interface ipv resetset globalpopd End of IPv configurationWindows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E -CB- E-E - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Wednesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip EnabledTunnel adapter isatap C-D E - EB- -AFAF A F A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesTunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesDNS request timed out timeout was seconds Server UnKnownAddress Name google comAddresses Pinging google com with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average msServer resolver opendns comAddress Name yahoo comAddresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average msServer resolver opendns comAddress DNS request timed out timeout was seconds DNS request timed out timeout was seconds Name bleepingcomputer comAddress Pinging bleepingcomputer com with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List e cb e e c f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes NoneIPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes... Read more

A:Slow Internet - Packet Loss.

Since it's a wireless connection, try moving the modem around a bit. Maybe place it in a window facing their tower or up higher on a shelf and see if that makes a difference. A WiMax ISP is not as "plug-and-play" as Cable/DSL would be.

Have you added any new wireless equipment? (Baby monitor, 2-way radio, garage opener, cordless phone, etc.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454675/slow-internet-packet-loss/
Relevancy 64.93%

Recently for about a week now I have been experiencing lag during my online gaming sessions I noticed that my ping would often spike from - to over often for a server that is located on the east coast of Australia and I live on the west coast However I later noticed it was also occurring on other servers There was also quite a lot of warping during movement in-game Initially I thought my wireless connection could ve been the problem Although I had played games via wireless from loss packet ping spikes Increase in and my laptop in the past with Increase in ping spikes and packet loss a very stable connection I decided to do a ping test on pingtest net and found abnormally Increase in ping spikes and packet loss high packet loss So I decided to test the connection over an Ethernet cable with the same disappointing results On my desktop which is too far away for my longest Ethernet cable using the wireless PCI-e card Increase in ping spikes and packet loss I saw the packet loss reach on the test when it was formerly almost always even over wireless I decided to redo the test on my laptop with an Ethernet cable plugged in and my highest in packet loss was still rather disappointing at About a week ago I updated the router firmware to see if I could fix a connection issue with my desktop and my ISP upgraded my bandwidth allowance from GB month to GB month recently too nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increase-in-ping-spikes-and-packet-loss.1081142/
Relevancy 64.93%

Dear all

I had been working for company its has 4-5 switches -1 router wndr4500netgear and almost 101 pcs working with all are in lan..

We had taken leased line internet connection 15mbps and usage not exceeds more than 11mpbs for lan and average usage is 6 mbps

From Last Three week I am facing internet slow down in network when i had tested ..
pinging to router gateway.192.168.1.1 -t is working perfect with 0% packet loss
pinging to router static ip 182.xx.xx.x is working perfectly same 0%loss

when ping to gateway of static ip frequently getting packet loss what should i Need to work on...

I had connected directly to a ISP device with single laptop its Working perfect and for all gateways its fine ....

Please can you friends assist me so that i can sort-out this issue I will grateful thanks to all ..

Thanks in advance ..

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Has anyone noticed packet loss in Win or Vista that is not present in the same hardware running WinXP I have tested this on two separate computers on two separate internet connections both were using Comcast residential connections Both computers use the built in NIC on the motherboard one realtek one marvell and are connected via ethernet cable not wireless to the internet through D-link routers two different models and mototrola cable modems When using a free ping tester to ping a site like google com at a ping frequency of per sec the two computers when running WinXP pro will have a packet loss percentage of about to if left to run for a couple of hours On the same computers dual boot- one with Vista ultimatex and the other with Win prox the packet loss is about to with Win and Vista if left to run for a couple of hours Seems like a significant drop rate all drivers are up to date- I double checked the LAN drivers several times to be certain I ve seen a few similar posts scattered around on different sites but no universal culprit for the packet loss other than vista win Add a reply nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Recently Past - weeks I have been experiencing extreme lag spikes and internet speed drops whilst streaming browsing pages playing games ect As you can expect it s detrimental to whatever I m doing The ping spikes started with a relatively low frequency maybe - packet but Severe spikes loss no ping times Severe ping spikes but no packet loss over the course of a night However now they re multiple times per hour with the internet dropping and going into local mode extremely often I don t have a clue about computers or internets and am so puzzled I am with TalkTalk as an ISP and these spikes happen all the time not just at peak times I m talking am I m sat with my ping ranging from ms to ms I don t know what details you need to evaluate my problem or whatever so just let me know and I ll get hold of them for you The obvious thing is to call my ISP but of course I have they see no problem with the line and area that I m in and don t know why it s happening they want me to pay to have someone come look at it and bun that I have a few ping results to show for so here they are ping bbc com Pinging bbc com with bytes of data amp colon Reply from bytes time ms Severe ping spikes but no packet loss TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minumum ms Maximum ms Average ms ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data amp colon Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minumum ms Maximum ms Aeverage ms Have checked using the service status tool on the site and there is no issues apparently but clearly spikes like this show otherwise Remember it is not consistently slow just a few times an hour it goes haywire for a few minutes help Thanks Running on windows bit gb ram Intel core i - M CPU GHz nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I did this test at dsl reports and I have an ave. packet loss of 62% (I've attached pics--they represent the last 30 hrs of the test, called SmokePing). What could be the reasons for this?
(Here is some info on SmokePing: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13843)

I did a speed test and my upload speed is greater than DL speed, and my UL speed isn't very high (about 450k). We have DSL and should be getting at least 1.5 mb DL.

I have AMD athlon quad core processors, 4 gb ram, ati radeon 4890, Win Vista home premium 64bit, 700 gb, 300 gb, and 80 gb hard drives.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi About days ago I started having this weird problem which only affects Source Engine games such as CS GO CSS and TF Whenever I connect to any server the load screen takes a really long time and then when I get into the game I get as much as packet loss and I have no idea why This only occurs on this one network The weirdest thing is that this packet in Steam loss games packet Huge loss only occurs on my PC and only on Source Engine games Steam games I can connect to servers in other non-Steam games without any problems I attempted to join the same server in CS GO on my laptop and my PC using the exact same wired connection and had no problems on the laptop whatsoever I ve also looked in my router settings to see if there Huge packet loss in Steam games is anything like a port being blocked and Huge packet loss in Steam games found nothing Here is a list of things I have already tried Re-installing Huge packet loss in Steam games network adapter driver Clearing CMOS Resetting BIOS Different ethernet cable Re-installing Windows reformatting My PC specs Windows Home Premium Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H CPU - Intel i - k GHz Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX RAM - Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - PSU - Corsair TX Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Huge packet loss in Steam games

You could try this first. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7241-EYON-2343

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-packet-loss-in-steam-games.1117385/
Relevancy 64.93%

For about a week now I have been experiencing a lag spike at one minute intervals at lasts about - seconds and spikes as high as ms ping and as low as ms It really only affects real time PC games like League of Legends Details Location Orono ME In a house with multiple apartments TWC the only real provider in the area Provider Choke Solved: Packet / Loss Timewarner Timewarner Cable just internet Extreme Package amp amp Router Modem Netgear C Cable Modem Router Connection Amped Wireless PCI E High Power AC Wi-Fi PCI-E Adapter Event Logs - - Critical SYNC Timing Synchronization Solved: Packet Loss / Choke Timewarner failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC CM-QOS CM-VER - Solved: Packet Loss / Choke Timewarner - Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T time out CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T time out CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM QPSK symbol timing CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC CM-QOS CM-VER - - Notice WiFi Interface wl set to Channel Side-Band Channel N A - Reason INIT - - Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Notice Honoring MDD IP provisioning mode IPv - - Warning DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Error Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Error Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER - - Critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T time out CM-MAC e fc af a ce CMTS-MAC f e f CM-QOS CM-VER Upstream Downstream Downstream Bonded Channels Channel Modulation Frequency Power SNR Correct Uncorrect QAM Hz - dBmV dB QAM Hz - dBmV dB QAM Hz - dBmV dB QAM Hz - dBmV dB Unknown Hz dBmV dB Unknown Hz dBmV dB Unknown Hz dBmV dB Unknown Hz dBmV dB Upstream Bonded Channels Channel US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power Ksym sec Hz dBmV Hz dBmV Ksym sec Hz dBmV Hz dBmV Ksym sec Hz dBmV Hz dBmV Ksym sec Hz dBmV Hz dBmV Ping Test of North American League Servers tracert Tracing route to over a maximum of hops ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ten - - - bngrmebc-rtr ne northeast rr com ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms be albynyyf r northeast rr com ms ms ms bu-ether nycmny aw-bcr tbone rr com ms ms ms ae pr nyc tbone rr com ms ms ms ms ms ms ae cr lga us zip zayo com ms ms ae mpr lga us zip zayo com ms ms ms IPYX- - -ZYO zip zayo com ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out In-Game test of Lag intervals using in-game time as a marker Out of a minute game events occurred with about an average of once per minute There were three instances of no lag around the - second mark of the minute but this could be due to human error only one instance I can guarantee was not error and no event present This test has been repeated to the same extent the time varies but the interval does not usually every minute Wireless does not make a difference I have tested my connection with an ethernet cable and I still get the same lag event with no real sign of change nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

First off I have hughesnet satellite internet packet Experiencing games unusual in loss It s poor for gaming because of latency which I understand However it works just good Experiencing unusual packet loss in games enough for MMOs dungeons amp dragons online in this scenario and its manageable Usually I play just fine except during peak hours - pm cst weekdays and its still playable even then just a bit slower I usually sit at around ping and packet loss As of the past two weeks I ve constantly had - packet loss but no change in my ping This does dramatically lower game performance given my ping is already not very good I called hughesnet to ask if they had changed anything on their end or there were any problems and they told me everything looked fine from there and the packet loss was due to latency The weather has also been clear the entire time and there aren t any trees blocking my view I can understand if the packet loss was there for a night or two but it s been two weeks now and hasn t went away I haven t downloaded anything on my computer or changed any drivers This has also never happened before so something must have changed on my end or theirs I can t seem to get any real support for them so I m asking if there is anything I can try or to improve PL I m fairly computer literate so I can probably navigate my way to a fix if given any directions I m on a machine I built using bit windows Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

It doesn t happen Packet To Ethernet Loss Router Intermittent Via everyday and there seems to be no rhyme or reason This is an example of a pingtest ran with WinMTR the first column is packet loss ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WinMTR statistics Host - Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last ------------------------------------------------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ - h dynamic Intermittent Packet Loss To Router Via Ethernet ip windstream net - h static ip windstream net - h static ip windstream net - h static ip windstream net - h static ip windstream net - te - bbr tl atl networklayer com - ae bbr eq dal networklayer com - ae dar sr dal networklayer com - po fcr sr dal networklayer com - speedtest dal softlayer com - Immediately afterward I decided to run a ping test with command prompt just to my router and got loss My first thoughts were that my ethernet cable is damaged but my roommate just hooked it up to his laptop and didn t have any loss He usually is on WiFi and never has problems like I do How do I figure out what the problem is This is a new computer I just built earlier this year I m going crazy Since my roommate has no trouble on WiFi I just ordered a pcie wifi card The Rosewill one I bought originally didn t work My computer wouldn t recognize it at all I RMA d it thinking it was DOA but the new one didn t work either My mobo is Asus so the new card I ordered is Asus If it doesn t work then I guess my mobo is bad If sysinfo helps in some way Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -A Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello there I am still having issues with my internet my last thread http www techspot com community t uter-on-the-same-network loss Ping and games packet on in off issues and post- When im in games its most noticeable in league of legends I Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss get lag where ill be clicking to move somewhere and it doesnt register for a few seconds It lags in Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss all my other games too and I disconnect in alot o f them I fear it is packet loss When I check for packet loss on teamspeak those top numbers are all other times the first and rd are and other times there all similar numbers like u see in the picture Ive done ping tests on pingtest net and sometimes I get sometimes I get and sometimes I get like On and off packet loss I didnt think it was possible what could be the problem Faulty ethernet bad router because I havent a clue Here is a pathping to google theres and a ics netlyzr test these are from my computer ill do some of other computers in my household too I have removed some ip address for obvious reasons this one was took about mins after the st one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ea d- - ee -ae - cb -b e hes a second one http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - eb -b a - f - for the same computer and another http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca f- - b - dc - - My Mums computer decided it doesnt like java and wont run ics netalyzr My computer is on Ethernet but the laptop is on wifi So do you guys have any idea what is going on is it my computer the router or what Any other info u need just ask Thanks in advance Max nbsp

A:Ping issues in games and on and off packet loss

Anyone? :/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ping-issues-in-games-and-on-and-off-packet-loss.197207/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I recently needed - packet loss damaged Concerned about LAN port (?) to pull the lan plug out of the Ethernet jack on my motherboard The plug was stuck rather hard in the socket so I had to use some moderate force to pull it out while rocking it from side to side a bit At last it got out it FLEW Concerned about damaged (?) LAN port - packet loss out Now I m concerned I might have damaged the LAN port on the motherboard I have not noticed anything during gaming but when I ping more than one target in Pingplotter with sec or sec intervals I get packet loss from my router and the hop after it Is this normal Also I have tried pinging Blizzard servers This is the result Ping statistics for Packets sent Received Lost loss Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Is this loss of packet someting that will impact gaming So far I have not been noticing much but if I load up youtube videos I start losing a few more packets maybe or more Is this normal May I have damaged my LAN port How would a pci express Network card Nic work with gaming Could it be as good as the built in Lan port on my motherboard I have looked into a few Pci Express solutions namely this Intel EXPI CTBLK PCI-Express Network Adapter-Newegg com It is from though so I m concerned it might not handle things as well the in built LAN controller on my motherboard which is much newer Lots of question all at once thanks for your patience guys nbsp

A:Concerned about damaged (?) LAN port - packet loss

I'd say your onboard is probably fine. Maybe keep a running ping going for a few days and keep an eye on it. One packet is nothing. As far as PCI-E cards go, the Intel CT adapter is a good card. It should not give anything up compared to your onboard adapter, aside from maybe a little efficiency (in terms of power consumption). Don't allow yourself to get taken for $30+ buying one on newegg though, you can get those for like $10 on eBay. You could even get an Intel dual-port PT server adapter on eBay for less than that desktop CT adapter costs on newegg. Windows 10, assuming that is what you are running, handles dual LAN connections very well and will even automatically load balance (as well as give you fault tolerance) if you have them both connected.

https://hardforum.com/threads/concerned-about-damaged-lan-port-packet-loss.1905365/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I just recently last week built a computer I am currently using a year ish old Belkin N wireless adapter as my motherboard does not have built in wifi My download speed is significantly slower than my girlfriend s laptop and sometimes ping tests show up to - packet loss it s kind of off and on seemingly random I ve tried fixing the issue on my own to no avail I m really far away from the router but I don t think it s an issue because it consistently says I have - bars My next step is to purchase a new adapter this one seems pretty cheap It may also be an issue with an quot network icontrol quot feature on my motherboard I m gonna go through this thread and throw all the information from ipconfig and ping tests in here I would really appreciate any help at all I m not very good with networking at all thank you Edit Router serial number is a c b and the modem s n is ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Reina Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List neo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Physical Address issue loss Internet speed/packet - - B- C-F -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dea f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Internet speed/packet loss issue Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - F- - - B- C-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap neo rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Internet speed/packet loss issue No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B FCA- - B- FB- E DD D DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round Internet speed/packet loss issue trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It seems to be cooperating at the moment though if I encounter issues I will post the results of all these tests again Thank you guys for any help at all nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all
Have recently been trying some network testing tools including one which tested for packet loss over a period of a week using a traceroute.
The results showed each hop on the route and whether they were causing packet loss.
Unfortunately I can't use the site anymore as it only allows for one period of testing
So can anyone reccomend a site or some software that will allow me to test for packet loss over a period of time and can tell me if any particular hop is a problem
I need it to be fairly simple but something I can show to my ISP to prove to them that there is a problem
Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-tool-to-test-packet-loss.1043033/
Relevancy 64.93%

Greetings,

As of last night, I've been experiencing 100% packet loss every few sec/mins with my current WIFI connection. My connection has been alright for a month straight, but it was acting up again yesterday.

No matter what I'm doing, let it be gaming, browsing the internet, watching streams, even when I'm doing nothing, and etc., I keep on getting packet loss.

I've already tried updating my win7 with the latest live updates, turned off my firewall, scanned for malware/viruses, defragged all my drives, used a VPN, and much more, but no joy.

I really want to know if it's either the router or my laptop that's have issues.

Attached to this thread is my dxdiag, but do I also need to post my msinfo and tracert info for more clarification on what's going on?

Thanks.

Regards,
Godsuxx7.

A:Constant 100% packet loss with WIFI connection!

Opps, I think I posted in the wrong section.

Can one of the mods please move this thread to the appropriate section (networking support), please?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/constant-100-packet-loss-with-wifi-connection-1072642.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey I have had the comcast high speed internet and the same linksys BEFSR router for several years now with no problems but recently i have had some connection issues Browsing the net is fine occasional hickups but when it comes to things such as online games ventrillo online voice chat and downloading large files im having problems What is happening is on all the things i do and Getting packet apps several loss, connection in problems the Getting packet loss, and connection problems in several apps connection does not drop right away instead it kinda pauses and when i try to do an action such as activate microphone to chat or open up a list of info in a game i lose connection Downloads just seem to pause after a few minutes the same goes for autopatchers in games and other software like virus definitions I have no idea where to start but i did run pingplotter for runs on several servers inluding the game IP s that im losing connection and im getting packet loss on my personal IP jumps and up i read that anything above is most likely a problem Here is the photo of pingplotter HERE its a test of only a single IP but no matter what IP i run it on i get over packet loss on the first two jumps which im guessing have something to do with my end I also ran it on both of my two pc s and both have very simelar results I also reset both the modem and router I have tried different networking cables and have tried static nonstatic ips with no luck Anykind of suggestions to solve this problem would be greatful i do not want to call comcast until i have as much info as i can Thank you very much for your time nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-and-connection-problems-in-several-apps.52561/
Relevancy 64.93%

Post deleted as it was a duplicate resulting from thread merge.

A:Constant 100% packet loss with WIFI connection!

Greetings,

As of last night, I've been experiencing 100% packet loss every few sec/mins with my current WIFI connection. My connection has been alright for a month straight, but it was acting up again yesterday.

No matter what I'm doing, let it be gaming, browsing the internet, watching streams, even when I'm doing nothing, and etc., I keep on getting packet loss.

It's MUCH WORSE when I play any online games, especially wow.

I've already tried updating my win7 with the latest live updates, turned off my firewall, scanned for malware/viruses, defragged all my drives, used a VPN, and much more, but no joy.

I really want to know if it's either the router or my laptop that's have issues.

Attached to this thread is my dxdiag, but do I also need to post my msinfo and tracert info for more clarification on what's going on?

Thanks.

Regards,
Godsuxx7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/constant-100-packet-loss-with-wifi-connection-1072658.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I ve switched over to Comcast recently after all the time. Absolutely massive packet loss having a terrible time with AT amp T I ve had comcast guys come Absolutely massive packet loss all the time. out and rewire everything both inside and outside the house I ve switched modems I ve switched routers both to and not to what the they recommend for their service and I ve ran the pingtest in safe mode with networking to see if it was me I am constantly having the same problem all the time I have around - packet loss at all times As a gamer this is a HUGE problem The breadwinner of the house works from home on an online VPN so it s an even bigger problem and is far more serious for him is my pingtest net result Below are my computer specs I ve ran Malwarebytes locally and Eset s online scanner so I wouldn t really say quot Antivirus None quot But you get the point Any help is appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -DS Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Could someone tell if there are settings in Vista SP1 that would affect sporadic severe packet loss or intermittent connection? I am trying to troubleshoot my internet connection.

So far, Comcast has put in new cable lines/splitters in my house, new termination at the pole and a new modem. Problem still persists.

What I have done on my end before Comcast got involved:

1. Update chipset drivers
2. Tried new NIC
3. Upgrade/downgrade firmware on Router
4. Removed Router
5. Removed software firewalls and AV
6. Complete reinstall of Vista with slipstreamed SP1

Problem still persists.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

A:Intermittent connection/sporadic packet loss

Never mind. Threw together an XP machine machine with spare parts to test my conncection. Still same problems as Vista. Definitely on Comcast's end.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/172606-intermittent-connection-sporadic-packet-loss.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Is it normal to have packet losses of between 2 and 6% when using wireless. Laptop is running Vista Home premium. Internet is DSL light Router is Netgear WNR834B. Signal strength is good

A:Packet loss on laptop wireless cnnection

Due to the way wireless works this could be down to a number of factors including, but not limited to:
How far away the laptop is from the router.
How many walls/floors are between the laptop and router.
Other objects which may cause interference (Large metal objects, electrical goods).
Interference from other wireless networks.

You can try moving the laptop physically closer and further away from your router and see how this impacts the issue. Try moving the router to be clear of other electrical items. Change the channel which your wireless is using until you find one that works better.
If your router is not far from where you work/play it would be well worth just using a cable to connect them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packet-loss-on-laptop-wireless-cnnection.984501/
Relevancy 64.93%

So lately I've been experiencing high packet loss on all the computers in the house. By high I mean around 8%-16%. I tried ping flooding many websites and tried a few speed test websites, all show high packet loss on all the computers in the house. Before I call my ISP I was wondering if there's anything I could do about it. Thanks.

A:Advice for fixing high packet loss?

A little background on your network setup would be helpful
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-for-fixing-high-packet-loss.1155442/