Windows Support Forum

BIOS is a mystery to me

Q: BIOS is a mystery to me

I have a faulty win xp program that I am about to upgrade to win 7 and this bios deal is something I have never learned about. Is there a link that you know about that I can read and find out about how bios works and what it does? Thanks! Tammie

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS is a mystery to me

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BIOS is a mystery to me

I'll answer the question in your other thread HERE

You can close this one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-is-a-mystery-to-me.193877/
Relevancy 52.89%

attempting to fix my friends laptop that he stuck in the closet 2 years ago...

called Toshiba-for a fee i can send it to them.

cmos battery soldiered to board, if i reset that will it work?

A:Toshiba A105 mystery bios password fix...anyone

Your friend has no clue as to what it could be? Maybe he just used the same password as he used for logon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238233-toshiba-a105-mystery-bios-password-fix-anyone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I figured an interesting Peripheral Bios Problem Mystery Update the Power of title would draw more responces Anyways Mystery of the Bios Update Peripheral Power Problem here s Mystery of the Bios Update Peripheral Power Problem the issue I recently updated my bios software to the latest edition via MSI s live driver update Everything seemed to work fine except at reboot there was a CMOS error No problem I just reset all the bios options using default optimised and then manualy toggling what I need and not But that isn t the problem The problem is that now upon powering down the system the keyboard lights numlock F-lock and the mouse s LED s and movement detection lights remain lit It required me to shut off the power supply and wait a minute before it goes off This problem started immediatly after the bios update I ve disabled all power suspension and wake features What is causing this and how can it be rectified Pc specs MSI K T Neo K T chipset Athlon Venice Mystery of the Bios Update Peripheral Power Problem no overclocking megs of Ultra brand ram Maxtor Y P HD IDE gigs Gforce ti videocard yeah I ll upgrade when I m done paying off the rest Bios version OS Windows k service pack blahblahblah current Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer not wireless Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard nbsp

A:Mystery of the Bios Update Peripheral Power Problem

Howdy!

What led to the bios update?
Have you cleared the cmos, then reset bios settings?
Could you roll back to previous bios?
Keep posting we'll try to help out!
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mystery-of-the-bios-update-peripheral-power-problem.28613/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello there First of all apologies if there is any topics similar to this but I haven t located them It s just that I have lots of things to explain and though it may mystery... LAN be worth to share this with you guys girls So I have a new flatmate who has Windows laptops which fail to connect to the LAN Network with a cable in his room We tried the following I took my personal laptop Win XP to his room plugged in the LAN cable and internet works I also brought my work laptop Win to his room plugged it in and internet works We compared my work laptop s Win settings and his laptop s also Win and they are completely identical to last dot His laptop receives data when the LAN cable is plugged the package received is He brought his laptop to my room and plugged the LAN cable and internet works I decided to mix up the LAN cables connected to the router with the idea LAN mystery... that smth might be wrong with one of the sockets on the router Same result as already explained above I also thought that maybe the router can support LAN connections only so took one of the LAN cables off the router his laptop still doesn t connect in his room but is completely fine and connected to the internet when in my or my other flatmate s room Has anyone experienced this at all Do you guys know how this can be fixed nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Folks,
When you click 'Help' then 'About firefox' do you see what is in the red box. It does not show on my Laptop.

A:FF Mystery

I get the regular caption, are you using the beta?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/249621-ff-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I recently built my first computer Here are the specs asus A A ghz AMD TBIRD DDR not sure if its a good brand got it USB mystery cheap from pricewatch SBLIVE Platinum All-in-wonder Radeon mb ddr CDRW LTWinModem The other components are the ones in question the motherboard came with a sort of USB mystery USB hub that attaches with a cable to the motherboard and fits in an unused slot on the back It also has two onboard USB ports The first USB product i tried to use was a logitech quickcam I installed it fine but when i restarted I got an error on start up whenever it was hooked up VxD error of some type i unplugged it and unintsalled it and figure it was just a camera problem maybe The second USB product i tried was a logitech optical mouse I plugged it in and it installation all went like normal Upon boot-up with mouse installed i got an quot EXCEPTION OE at FF VxD --- this was called from C f in VxD --- quot AND THEN quot Windows Fatal exception OE at D quot HERE IS THE WIERD PART the mouse works when i use the provided ps USB adapter AND the mouse works fine if i dont have it plugged in to the USB port when i boot up then plug it into the port after boot up I cant explain that and USB support is enabled in bios Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:USB mystery

You did not specify which OS you are using but here are some links:

http://support.microsoft.com/suppor...oblems&rnk=1&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98SE
http://support.microsoft.com/suppor...oblems&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98SE

http://support.microsoft.com/suppor...oblems&rnk=3&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98SE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-mystery.47370/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi i bought a old pc, it was perfect apart from the sound not working.

When i link up the speakers and put the lead in the pc it is making crackling noises, but not the actual sound file i want to play

what is going on??

There was a Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device in device manager it had a yellow sign, this was uninstalled apparently by the previous owner

How can i make this work??

Also i have know idea what the make and model is of the sound card, nut the only thing i can see in belarc adviser is BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1.0K 07/30/2003
Hope someone helps

Cheers

Relevancy 33.54%
Q: Mystery

Our computer was on(but off line) the other night and at 3:00am, I woke up to hearing it start dialing all by itself. Also, right after that it rebooted itself. We have a modem outside of computer, also dialup, Win 98. Is it possible that someone can dial up on it? I don't know what to make of it. I turned it off completely, but that was scary.
Is this a hacker?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery.503408/
Relevancy 33.54%

What is happening! I go to shut down my old Dell GX60 all looks Ok but it flashes a black screen which I captured on my digital but it is in MOV no clue how to convert. Anyway back to my issue, the computer when shut down reboots the only way to shut it down is to pull the cord.

Things I have done:
Ran MBAM, SAS, defrag, chk disc, and MSE all to no avail.

The computer runs fine with no glitches but will not shut down, any input always appreciated!

Phil

Dell GX60 2.0 with 2 m running XP Home w/SP3

A:New Mystery!

This might be a long shot.... but have you installed any new USB devices lately and or are you trying to shutdown with anything USB inserted?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302103/new-mystery/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok Ive had my laptop for about a month or two now its got vista, working great all singing all dancing. BUT after a while i went into control panel to make a new user and it wont let me open anything inside the control panel! sometimes it opens then closes straight away bt other times it doesnt budge I dont have a clue how to fix it and I dont understand what it could be! Ive done a virus scan and ive used adaware to clean out the adware! Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Liam

A:Mystery.

Do you have Nvidia graphics card? I have heard that the Nvidia control panel, can cause this sometimes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery.571775/
Relevancy 33.54%

It seems to never end. Always a new problem appearring out of nowhere. I have a french computer and lately I can't send any accents when using Yahoo Mail or Hotmail. I'm even using Yahoo.ca in French. I can write the accents and I see them on screen but when my friends receive the messages they just receive unreadable symbols. The same thing when I receive a reply for a message I've sent. The original message is full of unreadable symbols instead of my french accents.

Another unsolved mystery ! I have other unsolved mysteries in here...

Thanks

Relevancy 33.54%

I have a brand new Gateway with XP Home installed from the factory The problem It apparently becomes captivated with some Mystery XP thought of it s own and refuses to acknowledge the users desire to run a program Now After some delay which only it understands it will eventually load and execute the program The delay is usually on the order of minutes to as much as hours XP Mystery The owner considers this to be unacceptable performance The only things quot added quot to the XP Mystery box are Norton Internet and AV software plus some software provided by the DSL provider Connection to the external world is through a FW router Other symptoms noticed Event log has several warnings about missing W time sync and a few quot can not connect to the DHCP server lease has expired etc errors quot How this can be I do not XP Mystery rightly understand since the router is only three feet away and acts as the DHCP server Apparently it recovers and obtains a new lease at some point because it does not continue to produce the errors Finally NetDetect Symantec was scheduled to run every minutes forever Seems a bit overly done to me since the live update is only scheduled for every three days or so Any thoughts will be appreciated greatly Regards Mike nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I have a self made problem that probably has no answer I purchased couple of computer cases the other day at a yard sale Both are generic cases Case had a power supply and a couple of drives Case had a MB CPU Cel and a couple of drives no HD Well I took a chance and tried to combine the two I had all the other hardware needed After switching the motherboard to the other case adding memory and an old HD with Linux on A me! to Mystery it Believe this or not but it worked But not exactly the way it should A Although it shows the drives Floppy A Mystery to me! CD and HD The HD is the only thing that works If I put a CD in the player it doesn t recognise there is a CD inside and the same with the Floppy This has to be on A Mystery to me! the Bios MB level because no matter how I set up the boot sequence it will not boot from these devices Also I THINK I have all the little lites and buttons on the front contol hooked up properly If not could that affect the board in this manor Also I almost forgot it is a Gateway board with Intel chips Anyone for this challenge Oh one more thing the case I removed the MB from had screws with plastic washers that connected into metal stand offs The case I put it in had four Plastic stand offs At the four corners and two metal stand offs in the middle edges of the board where I used two of the screws with plastic washers nbsp

A:A Mystery to me!

Could this have anything to do with in an old Linux you need to mount a floppy and a CD drive before you can access the files?

However setting floppy/CD drive to boot is no business of any operating system. It sounds more like a hardware connection problem but that can be clear if the POST screen reports them.

So may be you can confirm

(1) Have the devices been reported in the POST screen?
(2) Inside the BIOS screen are these devices correctly identified?

If they are not reported correctly recheck all the connections

If they are reported correctly but still do not respond then next time you pick up another box ask the seller "Do all the components work?".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-mystery-to-me.396218/
Relevancy 33.54%

About a month ago this happened again today I have gig left on my drive All of a sudden it is down to this morning I begin cleaning and every time I delete a bunch of junk I check and there is less drive space left This went on for a couple of hours ending up with about gig free I decide to reboot to see if that helps When it comes back up I am back up to gig During the boot process I get a message indicating there is an update underway Then for several minutes there is a message that there is cleanup of Mystery! files going on There have been no updates suggested Have windows update to check and let me decide what to download and no indication that an update was underway From all indications MS was doing something major on my Mystery! drive without permission knowledge that was taking gig of drive space Anyone know what they might have been doing

A:Mystery!

^Hmmm, have not seen this. Run something like windirstat or treesizefree while it is happening and see what is growing would be my only suggestion.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25452-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.54%

my computer lags especially when I play videos Ive noticed lag pop up mystery and this since something happened to my computer and this random little lag and mystery pop up pop up bar shows up in my task bar I've tried to click on it but it just freezes the bar until i let go and then it disappears I have no idea what it is but it must be doing something since my computer hasnt been the same since has anyone else encountered such please help here's my hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - ... Read more

A:lag and mystery pop up

Hi hbpham and welcome to TSF

Sorry for the delay in getting to you, the forum has been really busy lately and all our helpers are volunteers

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you while carrying out the following instructions. This page will not be available to you at some points during the fix. Please read the instructions carefully before you begin and if you have any questions then post them here before continuing.

This process is not instant and may take several posts. Please ensure you continue with the instructions until you are told you are clear. Lack of symptons does not mean lack of malware.

Please make sure you close all other windows including browsers when carrying out the fix. It is important you carry out the instructions in the exact order stated.

--------------------------

Please disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection, as it may hinder the removal of some entries.Open Windows Defender.
Click on Tools>Options.
Scroll down and uncheck "Use real-time protection (recommended)".
After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.

1.Download combofix to your desktop

2. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Download Deckard's System Scanner to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, 2 text files will open - main.txt and extra.txt
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).
Please attach extra.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box: C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

What DSS will do: create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review. DSS automatically runs HijackThis for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Required Logs

c:\combofix.txt
main.txt
extra.txt (attached)

Please also provide an update on system behaviour and details of any problems you may have encountered while following these instructions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lag-and-mystery-pop-up-184739.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Until this week I could play DVDs on my computer with any of three software applications Windows Media Player RealPlayer and Cyberlink Power DVD Suddenly in the last few days I can no longer play DVDs with Windows Media Player or DVD Mystery RealPlayer PowerDVD still works without any problems at all Now when I try to play a DVD with Windows Media DVD Mystery Player or RealPlayer it freezes after a few seconds the CPU usage jumps to and the program becomes unresponsive Although in Windows Task Manager in either situation under quot Applications quot the programs are listed as quot running quot and not quot not responding quot Nevertheless the only way to stop it is to quot end process quot with Task Manager THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE The programs seem to start normally but just freeze after a second or two I am completely mystified I know DVDs could be played in all three applications as recently as last week when I tested a DVD I bought myself for Christmas Except for some basic maintenance spyware sweep disk cleanup changing themes etc I have not made any major changes to my computer I cannot imagine what the problem could be I have already tried the following Reinstalling Windows Media Player Reinstalling Windows Media Player codecs Installing and uninstalling third party DVD codecs Nvidia Video Pack Cinepak all without a positive result Besides obviously I have a working codec because PowerDVD still works and in fact all three applications worked with DVDs until a few days ago Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

<cue eerie music> "And now, Alfred Hitchcock presents: the Win8 Mystery box! It comes on the taskbar without warning and leaves when it feels like. Any clicking on it will make it magically evaporate into thin air. Sometimes it can multiply and there will two or three of these little devils. I cannot bear the suspense.... "

A:The MYSTERY BOX!

I get them too. I noticed that whenever my wallpaper changes I get another one. (I'm running one of those fractal wallpaper slideshows.)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4727-mystery-box.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all. Anyone ever heard of ThorConnWndClass. When I shut down This program does not end yet I can't find it in a search or running processes. I am not being hijacked and it does not affect the puter except when I shut down. I have run spy bot and adware 2nd and come up empty. I search for it on line and find no reference to it.

A:A mystery

It isn't a file or a registry key. It looks to be a somewhat obscure API call from within a Windows program. Do you use Outlook? If so, try accessing your mail through a web connection (most POP3 accounts can be accessed as web mail through IE if you go to your ISP's site), looking through the mail, and deleting all your messages. This problem seems to result from some corrupted mail files on the server.

It may be a piece of mail that has a large number of addresses in the "To:" field, definitely spam.

That API appears to be initiated from inetcomm.dll. Try going to Start > Run, and typing:

regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll <Enter>

for at least a temporary fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-mystery.312336/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm not sure this is the right forum but I'm hoping someone can help.

I copy and paste my MasterCard statement to a Word document. I keep all of my copied
statements in a file in My Documents. When I attempt to print one of the statements
I get an error message blaming the failure to print on the printer. I then try to use
Landscape to print the statement and I still get the error message. I installed a new
all-in-one Hewlitt Packard. I contacted HP and tech support said it was a Microsoft
problem. I can print other documents I have copied and pasted in a M.Word. It is
just this one MasterCard problem.
Any input will be appreciated.

A:Mystery

How about posting the exact error message wording?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery.622083/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am attempting to service a neighbor's E-Machine. At the log in prompt I enter the password at the Owner account log in and the XP desktop appears momentarily and then the system logs me off back to the welcome screen. There is no guest account.

In any of the Safe Mode options the neither the Administrator log in nor the Owner account are accessible. The Administrator account states there is an account violation and the Owner account accepts the password and does nothing. There is no Guest account listed there.

I had hoped to recover some of their data, pictures, word files and email accounts before using the restore disks. There is no floppy drive on this E-Machine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Quote:

I enter the password at the Owner account log in

are you sure you have the correct password?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mystery-95588.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Rebuilt this system - Vista - Core duo - plenty of memory - kept the old hard drive in as storage
Been running really well - disk priority set so that Vista installs from new drive (Windows XP is still on old drive ) So - mystery - came home, put pc on and Windows xp loads !! - checked the bios and hard drives priority have been reversed - while l was at work ?? pc turned off ?? any ideas??
Can this happen on it's own somehow? or should l be bugging the house ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery.729079/
Relevancy 33.54%

I exchange photos by email from a good friend. Recently, his pics have through as a red X in the upper left corner. For me to open them, he must re-send them as attachments. We are both using Outlook Express in WinXP. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?? Thanks in advance.
cwt1924

A:Mystery of the Red X

have you changed any settings recently in the options setting for OE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-of-the-red-x.407989/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

So after surviving a severe spyware attack over a month ago, my computer has been in fairly good working condition, BUT I still get pop up ads on a fairly regular basis. Many (almost all) of these ads are blocked by Windows, but whenever the system needs to block an ad it interrupts the current program in use which is becoming more and more annoying. A few of these ads are even breaking through, and I can no longer stand this mystery. Ad aware, sbybot, and microsoft Defender declare my system is clean, but ALAS they are all lying. These mystery pop ups must be stopped. I was hoping to solve this by myself, but I can't figure out what else to do, so if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

A:Mystery Pop Ups

Hi and late_at_nineWhat are these pop up ads for?What was the severe spyware attack you had?Can you give us more details?Have you tried Ewido Anti-Spyware? if not....Download Ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.Once the setup is complete you will need to run ewido and update the definition files.On the main screen select the "Update" icon then click "Start Update". The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close ewido anti-spywareNow.... reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following : * Restart your computer * After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually; * Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear; * Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter". * Choose your usual account.Launch Ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning process.Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan"Ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.Ewido will list any infections found on the left hand side. When the scan has finished, it should automatically set the recommended action to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there. Click the Apply all actions button. Ewido will display "All actions have been applied" on the right hand side.Click on "Save Report", then "Save Report As". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again (like on the Desktop).Close ewido.
Reboot back into Normal mode.See how this goes, if you are still having problems.. come back and we'll advise you further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62501/mystery-pop-ups/
Relevancy 33.54%

Among my pc s I have a p with ram Its old gb h d started palying up a while back so I put it aside This week I pulled it of the shelf after having forgoton about it I have a matrox gb with partitions of around and mb so I thought I would se that So I tried this h mystery Xp d with an Xp mystery old xp pro I formatted the Xp mystery section but when the system re-boots after the initial formatting and installation at re-boot I get error on loading operation system I have even tried starting over again with an xp home edition and it s the same So I tried putting the H d on another pc amd xp with ram Blow me down exactly the same What am I doing wrong Would point to the almost new h d but the reason some time ago I ripped the old gb h d out was cos it was giving trouble and when I tried re-installing I got same message There you go h d s and pc s and versions of xp aqnd still got same problem Can someone suggest how to go from here preferable without formatting all the h d as the gb sector has some backup stuff I would prefer to keep but I will if I have to Thanks

A:Xp mystery

Can you or have you installed the 80g as a slave in another system. Can you see the drive partition then. This is assuming all partitions are NTFS.

Did you use any hard disk drive manufactures hdd managment software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-mystery-28890.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey gang Been trying to set up a Wireless-G Linksys router on my mom s computer so the rest of the family can get their Mystery! DNS share but I ve been getting plenty of scowls lately because DNS Mystery! I haven t been able to figure out what the malfunction really is Out of the three computers able to get internet is my mother s which is connected directly to the router Whereas the other two seem to be having quot Problems with the DNS Domain Name Server quot Although I ve contacted our ISP and their DNS was clearly not on the fritz otherwise I wouldn t be typing this right now I ve exhausted every ounce of knowledge I had to try on this but to no avail I ve pasted my quot ipconfig all quot in hopes that someone will be able to help me in this matter Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Bubonic Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ACS Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ACS Description Gigabyte GN-WP GS PCI WLAN Card Turbo Physical Address - -E - B-C - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e f d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ACS Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -DB-D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -DB-D -EB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ACS Description isatap ACS Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F F- C - E- FB -F B F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Please let me know if there s anything else I can add that ll help nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

This is basically a Mystery ! Irq precautionary step so that I would be prepared for the future I have some questions please - What is irq a little in depth please I plan to get a scanner digital camera web camera a second hard disk drive I would like to know if i do have any irq s to spare if that is Irq Mystery ! the right question My irq list is as follows do let me know if all is in order and there is no chance of any future conflicts System timer Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard Programmable interrupt controller Communications Port COM Communications Port COM Creative AWE -bit Audio SB compatible Standard Floppy Disk Controller ECP Printer Port LPT System CMOS real time clock free TV Capture Card WDM Video Capture IRQ Holder for PCI Steering dfx Voodoo IRQ Holder for PCI Steering ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller IRQ Holder for PCI Steering Numeric data processor ALi Primary IDE controller Ultra DMA ALi Bus Master PCI to IDE Controller ALi Secondary IDE controller Ultra DMA ALi Bus Master PCI to IDE Controller I didn t want that i buy the product and I am unable to install it for the lack of irq s Please advise nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

howdy folks,

i've been getting persistent disk (event 11) and atapi (event 15) errors in my system log. the reccommended fix (a la MS) for the 11 was a replacement IDE cable, which seemed to do the trick at first: now after about 10 days, the errors are occurring again but at a much less pronounced frequency in the syslog. i've been thru multiple virus checks, reformats, and OS reinstalls to no effect.

anyone got a clue?

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I'm mp3 mystery someone who's not had occasion to deal with mp files downloaded from a website entirely legally and my assumption was that once the downloading was complete some program like Windows Media Player my default or Real Player or Quicktime would automatically pop up and I would simply click 'play' However when that did not happen I opened each of these programs manually and searched in their library for the downloaded mp file But none of these had it there I know the downloading occurred because as it was underway in the lower left hand portion of my screen it said quot downloading from site quot And after a short time it said quot Done quot Incidentally when I download PDF's the same sort of process occurs but then when it is 'done' Adobe opens automatically and reveals the file I was expecting that to happen with the mp but it didn't So I have two questions Is something malfunctioning with my computer If so what do I do to remedy it If not where is the mp file and how do I access it and play it I would really appreciate any help

A:mp3 mystery

What program are you using to download these files?

Most XP programs will search in MY Music folder for these types of files.
But you have to tell the program you are using to download these files to MY Music for Media Player and such to "see" them.
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mp3-mystery-323505.html
Relevancy 33.54%

My computer suddenly would not start up It would get to the loading personal info and then just sit there So I decided to format and install a new version of XP on a new drive and then deal with the other a mystery drive So I formatted and then tried to install It copied all the files over and then started windows - forever Ok perhaps the drive is wrong tried another drive same thing Then I tried another drive yet all the files copied I went away for about minutes and when I came back it looked as if it was actually going to work so I let it copy more files etc and then it came to reboot I did that and it started doing stuff and then the screen went blank and stayed that way Oh I also ran the ultimate boot disk and ran my drives about through all the tests I also tested all my memory I ran a LOT of tests as well as the cpu etc and everything came up good I also tried to put a mystery a system on a clean drive with no other drives in the machine just to make sure nothing was contaminated and that too failed a mystery I have been at this now for quite some time I notice one thing through all of a mystery this my machine is dead slow It is running with a ghz intel core duo and gb memory I am writing this with another machine Anyway I then went back to the original drive and decided to simply re-install on that drive That drive seems to be taking the operating system it has now told me it has minutes to go for the last half hour and I suspect that the slowness may be a hint but I have no clue I doubt something bad as the problems start before they can attack and my cmos seems just fine I have no idea if this is going to take and even if it does I figure I still have a problem I have been working with these things for close to years but this is the first time something like this has occurred Does anybody have thoughts on this one I am getting ready to jump up and down on it

A:a mystery

Sounds like you might have a failing PSU. Go into the Bios and post the voltages, temps and fan speeds. Or try using a different PSU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-mystery-455664.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Who changed my profile? I logged on a few minutes ago to find that someone had changed my status in my profile and added a rather odd-looking avatar. I've since corrected these things, but come on guys, what's the deal?

Is this a penalty for something...did I do something wrong? If so, I would like to be made aware of said things...... Hmm, or did your forum simply get owned by someone who has it in for me?

I won't stop until I get to the bottom of this! And then there will be cake...

Relevancy 33.54%

Sometimes when I shut down WinXP pro on my P4 2.6 Mhz I get a message
that windows is trying to shut down a program and I'm given the option to
shut it down immediatelly or cancell. The program is identified as
"SheWconHiddenWindow". I looked this up on Google and your archives.
I've found nothing. What is this ???

As you say,no information available,suggest you go here and give this antispyware program from Microsoft a run http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx get rid of all that this program finds ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery.369171/
Relevancy 33.54%

XP won't let me install updates...................when I run it it says install these then it just sits there..............the install window comes up..........but no blue line runs across it........................and it said ready to install updates when turn off computer...............i turned it off.........and it said installing up dates....then shutting windows down.........went through this 7-8 times...................never installed them......................looked like it was trying to but didn't.

Thanks

A:A mystery for you all

if you have norton installed, you might have to disable it for the updates to download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-mystery-for-you-all-93797.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello,

I have been having some problems with my computer recently with crashes and corruption. I thought i had fixed it last night by clean installing windows, and turning off all my overclocked settings.

Unfortunately, i was wrong. My computer crashed once last night and once today. I have already run a diagnostic on my hard drive (the seagate one) and memtest86 on the ram. Both tests came up negative.

Assuming the problem i am having now is the same as before, these are the only things that have remained constant or have not been diagnosed:
Burned off copy of XP (valid key though)
Motherboard
Power Supply
Me :(

Specs are:

Core 2 duo E6750
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
2 GB DDR2-1066 Corsair 5-5-5-15; FSB:DRAM - 5:8 (should i change this?)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
nVidia 8800GTS 320 MB
500 W Antec Power Supply

I have attached a ZIP file of the only file in the Minidump folder.

Thank you for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mystery-bsod-please-help-311781.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Helloo congrats on a great site mystery explorer I have recently had a problem starting windows I get explorer mystery the classic quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be shut down quot which then means windows doesnt start up although I can open it after several attempts with Task Manager there is also a message about c windows idlist not being detected Once i get online I have problems with certain websites hotmail yahoo and my company weblink I ve used scandisk and stinger and cant find any trojans but who knows Im wondering if it might be an Explorer problem my computer wont let me download a new version of IE without entering proxy details doh how do I find these out Here is my Hijack This report anything unusual Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SymProxySvc exe C WINNT system usrbridg exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISSERV EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files AT amp T Global Network Client NetClient exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AT amp T Global Network Client ARUpld exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SYMPROXYSVC EXE C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www btopenworld com business R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www btopenworld com business R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BTopenworld R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SCREW DRIVER CLIENT SDClient exe O - HKLM Run Nokia Connection Monitor quot C Program Files Common Files Nokia NCLTools NclConf exe quot O - HKLM Run DSL Connection Manager C Program Files INTEL DSLSetup ProDsl exe O - HKLM Run iamapp C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot LPT quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra button TREND MICRO HouseCall HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Dell Home HKCU O - Plugin for mid C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mov C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www btopenworld com business O - Trusted Zone http promega com O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download m... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-mystery.175820/
Relevancy 33.11%

BSODs could be driver problems dmp attached Hi all First time poster reading the rules as I post so hopefully will not commit any offences on my is mystery! cause BSODs, a first time My problem is with a new PC I built using some old BSODs, cause is a mystery! parts and some new parts I bought from ebuyer com I am getting recurring blue screens mainly when playing games These errors include MEMORY MANAGEMENT DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Please note I have updated all my drivers as well as done two fresh installs of windows BSODs, cause is a mystery! and have also removed drivers installed old driver and even relied on windows drivers to varying effects however none have sold the problem I have also run MEMTEST hours wall time passes errors I have also run HDD diagnostics with no errors I have all Windows updates and SP installed Please find dmp files below Help would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you in advance George PC Specs AMD Athlon x ghz ASUS M A LT-M LE motherboard GB generic mhz ram labelled extra value on ebuyer timings - - - I believe ATI Sapphire GB toxic edition WD GB rpm HDD Seagate GB rpm HDD Casecom w power supply generic DVD RW drive

A:BSODs, cause is a mystery!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169154-bsods-cause-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I think this post has been overlooked me Mystery to Malware and buried as there's been quite a few other posts with responses so I'm hoping this edit will draw attention to my problem Thanks for looking Dell Laptop Mystery Malware to me infected with insidious malware-- see this link for root repeal log and description of symptoms Attached are the additional logs I was directed to include Couple of questions the user behind this laptop uses it for Facebook and nothing else What are the precautions she needs to make to avoid this in the future She's running Vista w UAC enabled Moreover this machine as a Dell recovery partition Could I just restore this machine and be done with it I'd also like to know the name of this malware I've done numerous googles off the root repeal log and got no results or even clues as to HOW she was infected or WHAT Mystery Malware to me this thing is Any help on this would be appreciated THANKS for your help deadPS I had to Mystery Malware to me run this in safemode as the machine keeps bluescreening whenever it initiates the network unless in safe mode DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Terry at on Fri Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp www facebook com home php uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q sBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c progra mcafee viruss scriptsn dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dllBHO Yontoo Layers fd e- fde- d-a a- bab cad - c program files yontoo layers client for internet explorer YontooIEClient dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllmRun mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie ctx htmIE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie htmIE CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - c program files widcomm bluetooth software btsendto ie htmIE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c progra java jre bin ssv dllIE BF - - EC - -D B E B - BF - - EC - -D B E B - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLDPF D A- - C-BEE -AFECE D - hxxp upload facebook com controls v FacebookPhotoUploader cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current polarbear ultrashim cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skype SKYPE DLLNotify GoToAssist - c program files ci... Read more

A:Mystery Malware to me

please close- i've reinstalled the machine from the recovery partition. Ran new scans and machine appears to be free of infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255140/mystery-malware-to-me/
Relevancy 33.11%

My shadowstorage service uses far more storage than I have allocated as maximum. Does anybody have an explanation for that

A:Shadowstorage mystery

Hello mate.

I ran into something similar with Vista once, if I remember correctly it had to do with the "needed allocated" space not being large enough for the "maximum" space to be used correctly, does that make any sense?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/156264-shadowstorage-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey People

Someone has put a question to me saying that in his c: drive there is empty folder with no name in it.

He doesnt know how it got there, this is what hes done already...

tried to delete, move and rename it, but has a 'access denied' message comes both.

tried the same in Safe mode and DOS.

Ive had him run Spybot S&D, ADaware and Hijackthis plus a virus scan, still nothing.

What ever he tries to do with it all he gets is 'Cannot____ file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.' messages

Ive ran out of ideas and im totally puzzled.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Thanks

EDIT: He's using XP

A:Mystery folder

Have him try to delete it as an administrator. That sounds like a file placed there for an administrator account that has been removed....

dtugg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-folder.179311/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi i recently installed Threatfire PC tools Firewall Puls AVG free and on my account i have different user accounts family it works fine however when on other people's accounts the desktop loads then mystery explorer.exe suddenly stops clock and all the mouse can move but cant click anything the desktop is unresponsive and i know that it's the problem with Explorer exe its just the matter of restarting it but i cant get task manager open any luck Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS explorer.exe mystery system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System SCardSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet state exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe D Program Files Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI FA EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files BOINC boinctray exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe D Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - D Program Files Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - D PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D Program Files Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Go... Read more

A:explorer.exe mystery

Welcome to TSF....

Nothing like running two anti-virus programs at the same time = Threatfire and AVG 8.0

THis might be causing the problem decide which to keep and which to delete.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-mystery-309511.html
Relevancy 33.11%

This one has me baffled and I ve been using computers for a long time Experts all of a sudden Internet Explorer has Very unsettling mystery... been made my default browser and returns to being my default browser even though on my XP SP system I have twice reset the Program Defaults to make Firefox my browser Also when I use my shortcut to get into hotmail the same shortcut that has been taking me there through Firefox for months since I ve had this computer it opens in IE I have been running Panda Platinum latest version internet security and I did a complete scan but Very unsettling mystery... nothing turned up except some errant spyware Then I Very unsettling mystery... ran SwatIt Pro no results I restarted after running Advanced System Restore s registry cleaner nothing will straighten this out Does anyone have Very unsettling mystery... a clue to this mystery I m going on a trip from NYC to CA on Thursday and would surely sleep better while I m away if I knew that was right again Thanks for any help you can give me Shoshana P S I ran quot Hijackthis quot and can send the log if anyone can analyse it nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I am wondering if anyone could anyone help me understand what is happening? I worked on an E-Machine last night that was showing no net card on DSL modem. The owner had already contacted the DSL provider and after hours of trying one thing after another to solve the problem they sent her a new modem. You guessed it! It did not work either. So this is were I come in, I was asked to check it out. I took a new net card put it in the machine. The same problem, I set up another computer same thing. I then got the old DSL modem and replaced the new one. You guessed it it worked! (but for how long?) Does any one have any suggestions about this?

Relevancy 33.11%

Here is the scenario...two users on one computer running Win XP Home with SP2 installed and all updates current. User #1 prints out a page on the HP Officejet G85xi and it comes out in brilliant technicolor. User #2 uses same computer and printer, prints same page and uses SAME settings in the printer "properties" box and the page comes out in glorious GRAYSCALE!
Any ideas folks????
As usual all help is greatfully and thankfully accepted...

grampedstl

A:Printing Mystery...

This is not actually a hardware problem. Since you have two user's I will guess you have your own login, After the other person has loged in go to printer properties and find color management and uncheck grayscale and check color.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-mystery.353044/
Relevancy 33.11%

I m using factory-installed Windows XP SP on a Dell Dimension XPS with GB service Mystery RAM I ve had the OS and computer for about six weeks A new service has just appeared in my list of services About a week ago I made a printout of all the Mystery service services so I have a hard copy to prove to myself that it wasn t there then It s named quot Tdpiodgrpast quot -- I searched for it on Google and the MS Knowledge Base with no Mystery service results Norton AntiVirus and SpyBot found nothing on my computer Its Properties page gives absolutely no information -- no path to its executable no manufacturer s name nothing It was set to run on quot Manual quot and it took a bit of convincing to get the system to switch it to quot Disabled quot because the quot System couldn t find it quot A registry search found it listed at HKLM System ControlSet Services Tdpiodgrpast and it seems to be some kind of quot Legacy Driver quot It has a quot Group FSFilter HSM quot value -- Googling found one reference that indicates it is a MS quot FileSystemFilter Driver quot Does anyone know what this quot service quot is for and why it should suddenly appear in my list of services It dosen t seem to be harmful at the moment but I d sure like to know what it is Thanks nbsp

A:Mystery service

Why don't you give the Dell user forum a try? It might be something Dell-specific.

http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=dimension

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-service.210452/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I ve been cleaning up my system and have as such encountered some mysterious things on my computer at least they are a mystery to me Can anybody help First off I run on Windows XP I have run Hijack This see below which didn t show any concerns with the exception of one nameless BHO Files Mystery which I removed I had Norton and took it off because Mystery Files it kept changing it s settings and Mystery Files I was tired of downloaded two years of updates I switched to Mystery Files AVG but that too got messed up so now I m using ANTIVir although I find it confusing Regardless each of those never exposed any viruses I recently installed Tune Up Utilities which allowed me to get rid of a few things mostly old AOL files I also ran Windows Security Trojan Scan which merely confirmed that I have a slow computer So I just upgraded my memory Now as I said I am confused about some files Antivir pointed them out as possible problems C hiberfil sys locked C pagefile sys locked C Windows SoftwareDistribution EventCache AF BAF- B- - E -BB -D EFACE bin locked C Windows System Config Default and SAM and Security and Software and System all locked and created dates that predate the existence of my computer SHould I be concerned with win spl dll or agtinst pnf in windows inf Also what is C ProgramFiles ISP dialer brt which suddenly showed up one day and why would things I ve never seen before suddenly show up in the start menu under programs including DESKTOP all in caps Granted I am paranoid The more I learn the worse it gets but I still want to keep learning If anyone can calm my computer jitters I would be most appreciative Thanks Dielle Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Beth Desktop Updates HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files NZSearch SearchEnh dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F C - FB - FE-BA - E DDE... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Recently I just had two icons appear on my desktop. They are copies of icons that already exist. When I right click on them a box appears but with no delete in it. When I left click on them nothing happens at all, including moving them, When I go into my desktop file they do not appear there, just the original ones. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Mystery Icons

if there is no "delete" option when you right click on them,try right click on them again & choose "send to" to send them to my documents & then delete them !!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-icons.642448/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi
see the link for another possible devious patch http://www.infoworld.com/article/3030211/microsoft-windows/experts-recommend-dont-install-microsoft-patch-kb-3123862.html
Cheers

A:Mystery Update

I mentioned this one in my updates monitoring thread a while back, basically it's very similar to KB3035583. Users who do not want to install windows 10, and that would be most of the people who still have windows 8.1 or 7*, should not install this update. They should hide it (although it may be re-released in future at which point it would need hiding again) and ensure updates are set to check automatically but not to download without user approval. In short, users should make sure to only install updates that are needed, rather than trust updates to be fully automated and then remove or hide unwanted ones later.
*It's been almost a year since windows 10 was made available, most people who want it will have it already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616041/mystery-update/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a computer that has scanned clean w AVG commerical Malwarebytes superantispyware spybot and trojan remover but it still cannot update it's AVG Cannot open regedit or command prompt and many websites like yours I cannot run the DDS scan Command prompt window just Mystery malware appears disappears Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Mystery malware smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv Mystery malware exeC PROGRA AVG AVG Mystery malware avgwdsvc exeC Program Files eFileCabinet OffsiteBackup BackupClientSvc exec Program Files Truewater Agent AgentMon exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk Services Matrox PowerDesk Services exeC Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox Pdesk ServicesHost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA AVG AVG aAvgApi exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www dell comO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe ... Read more

A:Mystery malware

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Since you cannot run DDs post a new HJT lot please.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215958/mystery-malware/
Relevancy 33.11%

Daughter 2 has bought a new laptop and has sent it to my address as she is moving around atm.

Well, I've got it started and her Hotmail page has appeared. But I don't know how to get out of it. There are no Back buttons, no taskbars, no little red rectangles with a white cross in it in the top right corner. I've tried various keys and combinations of keys on the keyboard and - nothing.

Apparently there's a Users' Guide somewhere, probably online. But just one big problem. How do I get online? Been at it for over an hour.

Windows 8 is just so different from any other system I've used. Does anyone out there use Win 8? And does anyone know of a really friendly website with instructions on how to work this thing?

A:Windows 8 Is A Mystery

nivrip said:

Well, I've got it started and her Hotmail page has appeared.Click to expand...

Do you mean a screen something like in this picture ?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/windows-8-is-a-mystery.4059681/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've Slow-down Mystery run all of the scans my mom recommended but I still can't get my desktop background to display and it seems like my Mystery Slow-down machine is still loggy I did have some downloader malware but have had search and destroy fix it Mystery Slow-down Please inspect my log to see if there is anything else I need to do Thanks ---------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files BellSouthWCC McciTrayApp exeC Program Files BellSouth Alert Manager BellSouthAlertManager exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Downloads HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Mystery Slow-down

Hello UFL_boy_meets_virus,Your mom has posted for you here using the same display name: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138281/worm32netsky/ and has gotten a response. If your mother no longer has the computer, please follow the directions given there. Whether you or your mom is posting, please keep all replies for this computer and this issue in that thread. Also, please be sure to stay with the thread until you have been declared clean. This topic is now closed.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137751/mystery-slow-down/
Relevancy 33.11%

I tried to change the start button text just now following the instructions here www theeldergeek com change start button text htm but I ended up not liking it because the search function was rendered unusable Anyway I read that there was another way to do it by just renaming the original explorer exe to something like ORIGINALexplorer exe and replacing it with the modified version now named explorer exe and putting that in C Windows This way there s no need to go into the registry and the search function is still usable I tried to do that but as soon as i rebooted and went to C Windows to check I realized that explorer exe the one I tried to rename was still there and now there was mystery explorer.exe a new file called ORIGINALexplorer exe the modified version that I have yet to rename into the new explorer exe My question is Instead explorer.exe mystery of explorer exe being renamed how come I have an explorer exe AND an ORIGINALexplorer exe Thanks for any input on this nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hey folks. Thanks in advance. I have a Toshiba Satelite A10 laptop I'm repairing and had to do a reload of Windows XP Home Sp1 OEM. I have located all of the drivers off Toshiba's website but for some reason there is no driver for the USB Controller. I noticed Windows XP normally has no trouble finding the drivers. The exact description from Device Manager is "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" and of course there is no driver found (marked by the yellow exclamation mark). Just wondering what update I have to install. Any help would again be greatly apretiated!

A:Mystery USB Controller.

SP2 should take care of that... almost every desktop motherboard I've worked on in the last couple years, if you look on the included driver disk for USB drivers, there's just a text file telling you to install SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-usb-controller.579687/
Relevancy 33.11%

For about the past month there a nameless program has been popping up in the windows taskbar but only for an instant and goes away There is no name just the white box Mystery Program Pop-up This thing pops up about every minutes no matter what Mystery Program Pop-up I m doing It will Mystery Program Pop-up bring me out of programs that I m running and my screensaver can t come up because of the activity It isn t apparent to me what it is doing but McAfee Spybot S amp D Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta and Trend s Online scan find nothing I can think of no legitimate reason why this program would be popping up in the taskbar and interrupting me all the time but I don t think it is good Any help would be greatly appreciated I ve posted my HijackThis log and startup StartupList report PM StartupList version Started from F Program Files HijackThis HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Showing rarely important sections Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DkService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Hardware Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Hardware Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Hardware Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RcMan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files RegCleaner RegCleanr exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot anvshell anvshell exe HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe CTSysVol C Hardware Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r CTDVDDET C Hardware Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE CTHelper CTHELPER EXE SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot gcasServ quot C Program Files Micro... Read more

A:Mystery Program Pop-up

Hi treaves, welcome to TSG.

I'm not seeing anything on your log. Not sure what this application may be. Did you notice it after installing any new software? I don't use the MS antispyware app, but I'm wondering if that could be it. Go to Options and Settings in the MS spyware app and disable real time protection just to see if that's it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-program-pop-up.337092/
Relevancy 33.11%

So I left my of The mystery the resource hog computer unattended for a few days and noticed suspicious behavior My CPU regularly caps out at and I don't ever remember it doing that My fiance Downloaded Limewire while I was gone so I figured I have a virus because of that or something else she did It was working in tip top condition before I left PS - I'm not crazy Just figured y'all would want to laugh a little with all the threads you read I've attached everything you should need however if it helps I'm using a Dell XPS Running bit version of Windows This along with my hijack report leaves me suspicious DDS logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC Program Files Dell AIO Printer dldfmon exeC Program The mystery of the resource hog Files Dell AIO Printer memcard exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exeC Windows OEM The mystery of the resource hog Mon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page url http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId url R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL url http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId url R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page url http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId url R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page url http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId url R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files G... Read more

A:The mystery of the resource hog

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219712/the-mystery-of-the-resource-hog/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been having BSOD problems for a few months. I reinstalled W7 3 times trying to solve this so I think it must be a hardware issue. I ran a full memtest - no problems, dis-attached all devices (except internal hard drives)

I am getting these kinds of error messages in the BSODs
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
bad_pool_collector

WhoCrashed is saying that ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0) may be responsible.
Any ideas? I am ready to give up and try buying a new motherboard and graphics card (but can't afford it!)

Attached is my SF Diagnostic Tool zip file.
Thanks

A:BSOD mystery

Welcome

The dumps do not provide any probable cause but show lot of NTFS errors.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS
If the results of the above are positive we'll start with enabling Driver verifier to see if it finds anything for us.

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260812-bsod-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

It looks like that CoolWebSearch isn't cool at all!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/11/02/spyware.purveyors.ap/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-spyware-mystery-whos-behind-it.301642/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone I have a pretty recent computer phenom gb ram ati and only about Computer Mystery a year and a half old and it has been doing fine until recently when it has started to do some pretty wierd things Basically the problem is this I start the computer and it runs normally but as time goes on likely an hour or so it will start slowing down and twitching then a little later I get even more unresponsiveness and then after about mins after that total freeze No mouse movement no ctrl alt del absolutely nothing i have to press reset After rebooting cycle starts again I have done registry cleanup disk cleanup disk defrag uninstalling and deleting files almost gigs worth i have run malwarebytes and norton quick and full system scan Nothing I am stumped Another curious thing I've noticed is that I try going into safe mode and it runs the drivers and sort then i enter my computer password then my system reboots Please help me

A:Computer Mystery

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response (even though you're not reporting BSOD's): http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

While waiting for a reply, I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diags ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-mystery-621557.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey guys So simply I can t click with my mouse This problem started a few days ago I assumed it was a driver issue or maybe some buildup in the mouse Unfortunately I have spent the last few days realizing it s some mystery issue that I can t get away from So far I have tried Different Mice Different USB Ports Re-installing changing drivers Changing Operating Mouse Mystery Systems Vista bit to W bit Extensively cleaning and checking connections on the inside of my computer incase of cable creak or dust build up causing general unstability I m stumped My current specs Windows bit CPU Athlon X Dual Core Motherboard Crossfire GB of DDR ram GTS mb My current mouse is months old the Razer Imperator but I Mystery Mouse m confident it is not the mouse or the port I found post on some random forum that talked about a similar issue where the only solution was de-activating Plug n Play Not really a solution considering I run everything off USB So any bright ideas or questions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-mouse.906036/
Relevancy 33.11%

when I sync up my palm i get the following Source C Program Files Palm kanet TmpBak MMPROIII Attachments PDB Click for more information about this threat email protected enc NAV says it s unable to access the file and repair failed when I do a full scan NAV finds nothing I am unable to navigate to that directory can t locate it in in the kanet directory even with showing hidden files and protected operating system files any ideas a HJT log is attached Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C mystery virus WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS mystery virus system lsass exe C WINDOWS mystery virus system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files mystery virus Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http finance yahoo com u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title TOMS HOME PAGE O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat CE Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Wireless Sync Client lnk C Program Fil... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Router Wireless Basic Settings brand Techniclan post Mystery model WAR- G band GHz B G mode AP SSID Rilos Channel Number Advanced Settings Authentication type Auto Select Data Rate Auto Preamble Type Long Preamble Broadcast SSID Enabled IAPP Enabled g Protection Enabled RF Power dBm Security Encryption WPA WPA Authentication Mode Personal Pre-Shared Key WPA Cipher Suite AES Mystery post Access Control Wireless Access Control Mode Disable Router WAN Interface WAN Interface Setup WAN Access Type DHCP Client Attain DNS Automatically MTU Size Router Management Operation Mode Selected Operation Mode Gateway In this mode the device is supposed to connect to internet via ADSL Cable Modem The NAT is enabled and PCs in LAN ports share the same IP to ISP through WAN port The connection type can be setup in WAN page by using PPPOE DHCP client PPTP client or static IP static IP Other unselected operation modes are Bridgeclient PPTP client or static IP In this mode all ethernet ports and wireless interface are bridged together and NAT function is disabled All the WAN related function and firewall are not supported Wireless ISP In this mode all ethernet ports are bridged together and the wireless client will connect to ISP access point The NAT is enabled and PCs in ethernet ports share the same IP to ISP through wireless LAN You must set the wireless to client mode first and connect to the ISP AP in Site-Survey page The connection type can be setup in WAN page by using PPPOE DHCP client PPTP client or static IP Manually Added Wireless Network Rilos I access this information by going Control Panel gt Network Connection gt double clicking Wireless Network Connection gt in the section called Related Tasks left hand column nd section click Change advanced settings gt Wireless Network Connection Properties with tabs General Wireless Networks and Advanced General tab Connect using acer IPN Wireless Lan Card This connection uses the following items Client for Microsoft Networks Checked Intel Wireless Connection Agent Unchecked File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks Checked QoS Packet Scheduler Checked AEGIS Protocol IEEE x v Checked Internet Protocol TCP IP Checked Also I have Show icon in notification area when connected Checked Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity Checked Wireless Networks tab The box Use Windows to configure my wireless networks is checked In the Preferred Networks section there is one network named Rilos Automatic I click it to select it then click Properties and Rilos Properties window pops up In the Association tab I have Network name SSID Rilos NOTE The name Rilos in the text field is grayed out Can t click into it to change it In the Wireless network key section I have Network Authentication WPA-PSK Data Encryption AES Network key I types my router s password passphrase into it In the Authentication tab everything in there is grayed out and inaccessible Connection tab Connect when this network is in range selected nbsp

A:Mystery post

I have no clue about the purpose of this post, but since it clearly had nothing to do with the thread in which it was posted I started a new thread for you here. If there is any worthwhile purpose please explain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-post.1063426/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey Gang,

I have an ISO file. Its 838mb. When I try to open it with UltraISO nothing appears but a ISO 9660 error message does NOT appear.

When I convert it to a Clone CD image file the size grows to .97GB. My Clone CD doesn't handle DVD's however, so I can't burn it to a DVD.

I've tried converting it a NERO image file - .nrg, and its successful but NOTHING shows up on the DVD once burning is complete.

I have UltraISO, WinRAR, Winzip, Clone CD & Nero 6.0. Changing the file extensions to Rar and Zip doesn't work either.

I'm also using Windows 98Se.

Is there any way to extract this mystery file?

Thanks,
HULK!

Relevancy 33.11%

how do I ask a question about my router issue without interfering with this thread? I can't find the new thread button

A:Mystery issue

highwaytozion,
When you come into Network, click the blue button on the top left with +NEW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-issue.882380/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am trying to connect to my home wireless internet network which is powered by a d-link g wireless router I have a dell desktop with no wireless card so I have a zyxel g wireless adapter The adapter works great it worked at with my old Linksys router and picks up the d-link router s signal loud and clear The problem even though the adapter picked up the router s signal I kept getting Limited or No Connectivity error notices To fix this I tried unplugging and rebooting everything the modem MYSTERY... Networking the router and my computer That didn t work so I tried renewing my computer s IP address both with windows xp s repair utility and manually in dos but that didn t work either My computer s IP address was which I read would not enable me to access a wireless network Eventually I looked up the DHCP range Networking MYSTERY... of the router which was through manually reset my computer s IP address to and added that address to the router s static DHCP client list This solved the Limited or No Connectivity Errors and the little wireless internet icon in the tray has the little green lines emanating from the mini computer monitor instead of the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on it The second problem I still can t load web pages with either IE or Mozilla To try to fix this I went into the router s DMZ and released all restrictions on my computer but this didn t work What the hey is going on here Just to let you know my computer with the adapter can go onto the internet when neighbor s wireless signals are in range but they are only intermittently so Also my roommate used my computer to run the dlink wireless router s setup cd and my computer does work when plugged directly into the modem or into the back of the router with an Ethernet cord Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Networking MYSTERY...

Revert to using a dynamic connection; even if you assign a valid static IP configuration all you are doing is masking whatever the problem is.

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router. If successful connecting that way you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-mystery.852876/
Relevancy 33.11%

Now and then, I get this message from my ISP RE: email:

The message or an attachment did not reach the intended recipient(s).

Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
To: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:35:26 -0400

Reason: virus detected ([email protected] (exact))
Action: deny

I have my anti virus running all the time, I use Spybot, super antispyware and AVG. What is this? The message doesn't download from the server to my outlook espress either for some reason.

A:Mystery Message from my ISP

have you tried contacting bellsouth?

http://help.bellsouth.net/bellsouth/asp/emailcontact.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-message-from-my-isp.555966/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Wireless mystery simple network with a wireless router connected to the Internet a desktop wired to the router and a laptop accessing the router wirelessly For the past three years my laptop has Wireless mystery seen the desktop without a problem but the desktop cannot see the laptop If I need to move access copy files between the two computers I must do it from the laptop During these three years I have changed laptops I have changed routers and I have changed desktops The problem continues The laptop can see the desktop but not vice versa Originally the laptop had XP Pro but now it has XP Home The first desktop had XP Pro and the new one has Vista In all cases I just try to use the network quot out of the box quot The only tweaks I make are basic ones like enabling file sharing The Vista desktop is new and I have only made changes suggested by the Vista help software The mystery deepened last week with my new Dell desktop with Vista At first it was the same problem Then for one day the desktop suddenly began seeing the laptop It could even see my old laptop which I gave to my children to use I was not making any change when this happened so it is a mystery why this should be I have not touched the settings since then but the next day the network connection was back to being only one-way The desktop cannot find the laptop Some things I have tried - The two computers can ping each other No problem But if I type in the laptop s name in the Windows computer search box on the desktop the laptop is not found Even typing in the full address of the folder or file I want returns an error as if the laptop did not exist - It does not appear to be a firewall problem I have tried disabling all firewalls on both computers with Internet off but this did not make a difference - I tried installing the LLTD protocols on the XP laptop but XP refused saying the protocol was already installed - The desktop can see the laptop fine if I connect the laptop via a wired connection to the router - I have carefully gone through every suggestion in the Vista help and support All settings appear to be correct - It cannot be a hardware problem since all hardware including both computers and the router have been changed - The laptop is usually only a few feet from the router and has an excellent connection Networking confuses me but this is just bizarre and frustrating I was so hoping the problem would go away with my new desktop Any ideas I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I'd been struggling for months to get rid of a malware infection on my Dell mystery I get rid of a Can partition? XPS I went through the removal drill on different security forums each time being pronounced clean at the end and all scans coming up clear -- as they generally had all along As one forum helper commented quot The symptoms which you describe indicate a significant infection but I'm not seeing much indication of Can I get rid of a mystery partition? that in the logs quot But the identical problems would always return soon after even during my several days of total computer quot quarantine quot the time during which I'd reconnect neither my ethernet cable nor external USB drives or reinstall any programs I ended up buying a new Dell XPS Studio and have at last been again free of these troubles in the month or so since But wanting still to beat the bugs on the XPS I've kept tinkering with it I finally noticed something on the when I was running Killdisk on Can I get rid of a mystery partition? it a couple of days ago The program shows besides UBCD showing up as Floppy Drive A the local partition h which is easily deleted and zero-filled but unlike any other partition utilities which I've run it also indicates the presence of an meg h partition or device which I've been unable to delete or zero-fill -- trying just gets me locked into a continuous echo of read write errors Killdisk always shows the h partition with only zero bits all through after it's been run but the little h partition retains its data whatever it is formatted in FAT I always format my partitions in NTFS Even exploring the Can I get rid of a mystery partition? drive from my Ubuntu installation shows nothing unusual A similar partition is not on the new machine and its presence on the may be just some sort of remnant from the Dell OEM XP Home OS I suppose from before I tried unsuccessfully to get rid of the problem by installing Windows Premium with a clean install but it does make me wonder whether this may be where the incredibly persistent bugs may have been residing all this time Might this be possible and any advice on how I could get this partition off the drive Thanks papilio

A:Can I get rid of a mystery partition?

You can try this free software:

Easeus Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

All sorts of information on 81h, and all conflicting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/114684-can-i-get-rid-mystery-partition.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I m currently on a Windows XPS laptop at college in New York When at home the laptop runs smoothly if anything it s performance has been decreasing lately and I ve been meaning to clean out the vents once I get back home after the Odd mystery bandwidth semester ends but that does not seem like it would be the cause of my current problem My bandwidth seems to be completely garbage when I m up at college When connected wirelessly at home to the family router it loads everything fast videos run without needing to stop and buffer When up here everything needs to stop and load even some higher quality Youtube videos I cannot even begin to describe the damage it does to my ping when playing games as well and this is quite frustrating I recently got a LAN cable and plugged into the connection offered to us on campus and it s no different Odd bandwidth mystery I can t quite understand why my bandwidth is so slow when I download directly from other users on the DC network here I ll download upload at speeds up to mb s and I ve done internet speed tests that Odd bandwidth mystery say the same thing essentially Any help with this matter would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Odd bandwidth mystery

Your schools bandwidth sucks. Not so hard to understand. Even if it doesn't suck, it's really busy due to a high number of users sharing the bandwidth I'm sure. That would explain why it's no better wired as apposed to wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-bandwidth-mystery.821019/
Relevancy 33.11%

alrite So me and a friend of mine are stuck with an external cd burner As of now I do not know the brand name of the burner or any stuff like that We re basically using it to burn files from a multi track digital recorder The burner was given to us from a friend and we seem to be missing the power or line cord if want to call it The problem is no one seems to have this type of cord The input resembles that of a PS cord So we need a male PS line cord Problem is none of the quot tech savvy quot stores in our area seem to have any and they don t seem Cord Mystery Cd-rw to prove any help Countless time spent Cd-rw Cord Mystery googling has proves useless and we don t seem to be getting any where with this We have been told to contact the maker of the burner yet we don t know who that is we try contacting the previous owner of the burner but they are long gone So basically what im asking is if there is a certain name or term im not aware of for line cords for external burners that resembles a PS cord Does anyone else have an external burner with this kind of cord If so can anyone suggest an online retailer from which I can purchase these Any help would be greatly appreciated Sincerely Individuals who desire no names nbsp

A:Cd-rw Cord Mystery

There are too many posibilities. Without more details, like manufacturer, we can't determine what pins on the connector are used. Even Smoking Poets can get frustrated, I'm afraid.

If you could open it up, you might be able to find some information. Or describe the wires from the connector, and if there are only 2 or 3, substitute another cord.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-cord-mystery.642291/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all About months ago I began to get the dreaded Memory Management BSOD whenever I would start up my computer in the morning When I would re-boot the system it would go away and my computer would then function normally for the remainder of the day Over the course Memory_management mystery... of time the problem became worse however to the point where now Memory_management mystery... I might have to restart my system or even times to get it functioning in the morning Once I get it going - it goes fine for the rest of the day of the time without incident It goes all the way into windows and then after about seconds or so the BSOD comes up of the time it is the Memory Management screen sometimes it is IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL sometimes it is BAD POOL HEADER - and a few other random messages have shown up from time to time I am beflumuxed by what has been happening I have run the basic memory check by hitting esc when the machine turns on and choosing that option - no problem I have run chkdsk in the same place still no Memory_management mystery... problem I survived a near disaster by flashing my BIOS from F to F and then back again no help there from the manufacturer website I ran Memtest today until like on one window and on the other window and still no problem The Memory Management BSOD has come up when I have been running in safe mode - so that does not seem to be a good thing I recently even saved all of my files and reinstalled Windows Vista to the factory specs to no avail - wiping the HD clean in an attempt to straighten out the problem Virus scans have revealed nothing I am apparently running a clean system Again - once I get my computer going - it runs fine I am not being plagued by random shutdowns hours into my day - it only happens right when Windows is starting up I am running a Compaq CQ DX with a GB HD GB of RAM - the computer is years old and is a great little machine for me - but I must admit I am quite frustrated with the startup issues and am probably going to summon up the courage to open up this baby and start fiddling around on the inside - maybe by reseating the memory - if that is even possible I am hardly computer literate in the truest sense - so opening up my computer seems like a risky thing to do But it seems that I have run out of alternatives as far as the software is concerned and as far as my research has taught me I would truly appreciate any help or suggestions from the experts here on this board as to what I may be missing or to what other steps I might take to get rid of my Memory Management BSOD startup problem Thank you very much

A:Memory_management mystery...

Welcome
We can offer the best possible help if you upload the following information
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298181-memory_management-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I have a local IP on my network that is a mystery to me This address responds to ping I m Mystery Local IP? sure it s not one of the few known devices I have on my network My router log is showing a ton of dropped packets from WAN trying to reach this address It does not show up on my DHCP list I ve got a cable modem a WiFi router a Vonage V-Portal one host Windows computer and one iMac via WiFi I do not use a network printer I do have a printer connected via USB to the host computer but have never set up printer sharing Ambit Cable Modem - D-Link Router - Vongae Mystery Local IP? V-Portal - Windows PC - iMac - Here is a small portion of my router firewall log Notice the time If you run whois on these source IP s they are all different ISP s What is the explanation for this type of behavior This log shows source IP first then destination IP Mystery Local IP? second Time Message Source Destination Note Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop Mystery Local IP? TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny Feb Drop TCP packet from WAN Rule TO deny nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Guys I'm very new to this have been reading about HijackThis and it's fixes after finding an article lostinmyrearvew dated with the same problem Mystery Toolbar I am having I followed the process but have had no luck The tool bar is blue with Make Mystery Toolbar Money Music Casio Mystery Toolbar Dating Travel Careers Investing Travel Mortgage Credit Computers Insurance with a search box and a red close type box This starts each time I start internet Explorer and can only be stopped by restarting the PC I am running XP pro with all the updates I know about Any help would be awesome Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVRID exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Winzip WZQKPICK EXE C PROGRA Belkin BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http aitahxpvetwmzmxyqbcefwbfr com Hb ZibU html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www needlecraftcottage com au O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ZingSpooler C Program Files Common Files Zing ZingSpooler exe O - HKLM Run BigPondCable quot C Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe quot r O - HKLM Run Tick Deaf Clock Global C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data GridBindTickDeaf namedash exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run Draw Ford Bone Body C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data PureFragDrawFord Meow Site exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run ONE WARN C DOCUME PETERE APPLIC FRAGLI math tons bleh exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU R... Read more

A:Mystery Toolbar

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://aitahxpvetwmzmxyqbcefwbfr.com..._Hb/5ZibU.html
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tick Deaf Clock Global] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GridBindTickDeaf\namedash.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Draw Ford Bone Body] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PureFragDrawFord\Meow Site.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ONE WARN] C:\DOCUME~1\PETERE~1\APPLIC~1\FRAGLI~1\math tons bleh.exe

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'Show hidden files and folder'
Untick - 'Hide file extensions for known types'
Untick - 'Hide protected operating system files'
Click Yes to confirm & then click OK
Locate and delete the following files/folders: (let me know if you fail to find/delete any) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GridBindTickDeaf\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PureFragDrawFord\
C:\Documents and Settings\PETERE~1\Application Data\FRAGLI~1\

Click on the Start button & select Run
Type in tasks & click Ok
In the ensuing window, click on the 'Advanced' menu (located above) & select 'View Hidden Tasks'
Review all the tasks/jobs at hand. You should be able to recognise jobs that you have created yourself.
Delete hidden jobs that look like these: A034B7FF91BB36BB.job
A06F1FEF91A49933.job
A2C3205A93B8CDFA.job
A36F645091B91BF0.job
A42C6F7190EFE559.job
You can recognise them by the fact that they're hidden & have names that consist of 16 random letters.

* * * * * * PURGING TEMP FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Run Cleanup! using the following configuration:

1. Click Options...
2. Set the slider initially to Standard CleanUp!
3. Uncheck the following:Delete Newsgroup cache
Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
Scan local drives for temporary files
4. Click OK
5. Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
6. Do NOT reboot/logoff if prompted.

* CleanUp! will not create any backups!!

* * * * * * REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component. The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended

Scan Options:Scan Archives... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/mystery-toolbar-83520.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi This little rascal powers on all the blue lights but no image on screen and it beeps times So I stripped it naked With the power on the board illuminates as follows Blue light in centre of mobo Green charge light Green light when power button is pressed Lasts for approx seconds All the blue lights across the power panel With power the heatsink doesn't run It was very dirty with a dry white powder residue possible spillage damage The board looks ok no visible liquid damage and it has NVIDIA chips the larger one having a small burn scald mark on the top I am learning all the time with repairs and a novice I guess but I am aware HP are known for graphic chip issues so Do I buy another MOBO can I use the several versions I have seen on eBay Are they all adaptable Buy a new heatsink and see if that works Welcome to our Home Page

A:HP DV6700 Mystery......

looks like heat damage. maybe the thermal compound failed... i would send it back to HP

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288054-hp-dv6700-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

This is gonna sound weird but out of all the times Ive tried it. It proved to be right. I can only boot my computer when I set my microwave long enough so that I can boot my pc all the way into my desktop. Im not making this up guys. Anyone have any ideas?

I aksed my professor at school and he gave me his prespective. He told me that when he operates his HAM radio at 80 meters of range or something, he can make peoples flourescent lights turn on and off. That was all he told me but it was kind of reasuring as to the weird thing thats hapening with my pc and microwave. BTW my computer will not cold boot at all.

Power supply or mobo?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello TechGuys Thanks for providing such a valuable service Computer is a -year-old Dell Dimension GHZ GB Ram Running XP Starting the computer takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r CPU is at then and many times through the day I m sure there are things in the Startup that I don t need but do not know which ones I have run HJT Usage Log CPU Mystery -- 100% AdAware Professional and SpyBot Also Registry Mechanic I know that the LexBCE server can cause problems and I have tried several ways to remove it including using 100% CPU Usage Mystery -- HJT Log a process I found on the LexMark site but have had to restore it to get my print spooler to run Any insights or suggestions Thanks Sheila Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer 100% CPU Usage Mystery -- HJT Log v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Connected AgentSrv EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasDTServ exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Client sunasServ exe C Program Files Mindjet MindManager MMReminderService exe C WINDOWS system TBLMOUSE EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Tracker Software PDF-XChange pdfSaver pdfSaver exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C PROGRA DELLSU DSAgnt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Connected CBSysTray exe C Program Files SnagIt SnagIt exe C WINDOWS FSScrCtl exe C Program Files shortkey SHORTKEY EXE C Program Files SnagIt TSCHelp exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Copernic Desktop Search CopernicDesktopSearch exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www asksheilamartin com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - BHO CmjBrowserHelperObject Object - AC D F-B D- AD- E -B D C - C Program Files Mindjet MindManager Mm InternetExplorer dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files CanonPi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-usage-mystery-hjt-log.453891/
Relevancy 33.11%

Working on a Dell Dimension 8400.
The BIOS recognizes the WD SATA drive - I tested the drive with WD software and all was well.
On boot I get WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I put in the setup CD-ROM and got as far as the install windows windows screen.
I attempted to access the Recovery Console press R
I received SETUP DID NOT FIND ANY HARD DISC DRIVES INSTALLED ON THIS COMPUTER.

Any ideas? I'm in a circular repair loop!

A:An XP mystery squared

XP CDs don't include SATA drivers. you'll need to provide the driver on a floppy disk right after you boot with the CD (When prompted to press F6) or slipstream the SATA driver into a new CD.

Or you can use a Live CD of some kind to make repairs:
Live CDs
Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
BartPE CD/DVD
Ultimate Boot CD
Knoppix
Ubuntu
Puppy Linux
The first two require access to a Windows XP Disk
The Ultimate Boot CD does not include SATA drivers, so you'll need to be able to change the BIOS setting for the SATA controller to ATA instead of AHCI, or Compatibility mode instead of Enhanced (wording will vary)
Note: A Vista/Win7 DVD can also be used to recover files and make some repairs. A Vista RE disk can be downloaded from here:
Vista Recovery Environment CDBoot with the DVD
Select your language and click Next
Click Repair your Computer
After it scans for Windows installations click Next (Win7: Select Top option first)
Click Command Prompt.
You can use Copy, Xcopy, or Robocopy to copy files to an external drive, a different partition, or a different internal hard drive.

To fix the registry, follow the steps here:
How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
[WEBQUOTE="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545"] Warning Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The system hive on OEM installations creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist previously. If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the original registry hives.[/WEBQUOTE]
If using a Live CD rather than the Recovery Console, you can copy the files from a Restore point directly, without having to copy to a temp folder first or use the files in the Repair folder. This avoids the issue with some OEM systems as you are using files from a restore point in stead of the repair folder.

HTH

Jerry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/an-xp-mystery-squared-423763.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Can anyone explain why the built-in mail app for Windows 10 will not allow users to turn the reading pane horizontal, like almost every other email app I've ever used? (From Outlook Express to Outlook, to Windows Live Mail, to Thunderbird, Postbox, and Mailbird)?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/46854-email-app-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

When I do a clean sweep with Norton, its always telling me there is about 1.1 megs that can be cleaned off my c drive. I can't find these files and Norton doesn't remove them yet always says they can be cleaned. Thinking Norton wasn't getting all the temp files I deleted them manually, still get the same message...

Win2k

This is not a major crisis but its annoying me, I just like to know what my machine is doing
Thanks, Bruce

Relevancy 33.11%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Mystery =[ Virus SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Program Files Faronics Deep Freeze Install C- DF Serv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Mystery Virus =[ Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Faronics Deep Freeze Install C- Df FrzState k exeC Program Files Xfire xfire exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IE PopupBlocker Class - EC B - B- -B - A C F - C Program Files Propel Accelerator prpl IePopupBlocker dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dllO - Toolbar Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pauseO - HKLM Run IMprocess C Program Files Instant Messenger Names IM-svr EXEO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimizedO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKCU Run AdobeUpdater C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exeO - Global Startup Lotus Organizer EasyClip lnk O... Read more

A:Mystery Virus =[

I think the name is 1d?????.tmp or ld?????.tmp Its somthing like that, I will get a exact name and path.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102753/mystery-virus/
Relevancy 33.11%

First off this forum is amazing - I can't believe how much help is offered for those that scurry on in here I just happened to stumble upon this site BSOD Another Mystery.. while trying to find a solution to these haphazard BSODs that have just started happening today For the past hours I've created so many scenarios trying to figure Another BSOD Mystery.. out what the cause of the problem was - but the computer always eventually crashed Even when I just booted up the computer and let Another BSOD Mystery.. it just sit there it crashed after minutes System Information Gateway Laptop NV C u Intel Core i - M Processor GB DDR Memory ATI Mobility Radeon HD GB VRAM Windows Home Premium x It's the original installed OS - OEM The Computer's History This laptop was purchased two weeks ago and has only been used to browse the internet download security programs AVG Zone Alarm Spybot etc and media players DivX iTunes VLC These BSODs have just started happening today for no apparent reason and the owner of the laptop leaves Another BSOD Mystery.. for college tomorrow Horrible timing

A:Another BSOD Mystery..

Welcome to the forum, BlueYoshiCoke (interesting handle ). I am about to go eat. One of the other team members will be along to help you. If not, I will take a look when I get back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/106865-another-bsod-mystery.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My computer froze and I couldn t power off using the power switch so I had to unplug at mains then when I tried rebooting I got a blank screen no messages or beeps though I could hear the power PC Mystery fault? supply fan running also the main DVD drive light stayed on which suggested to me that the post had stopped or hadn t started I opened up the case checked all connections still wouldn t start I had to remove the graphics card to get to the cmos battery and took that out for mins then replaced Mystery PC fault? both but still nothing so I decided to try a spare power supply and again took out the battery this time for mins and replaced I re-tried starting up and this time the bios started the post so I swapped back to the original power supply and again is started all I then had to do was configure bios settings and the PC is back running properly I would like your opinion on what might have been the cause of the problem of the freeze and the inability to switch off the pc using the power switch and the subsequent inability to boot up at all ps After all was back to normal I ran virus mailware checks and all drives clean I hadn t installed any new software or programs so no conflicts Im aware of nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-pc-fault.902942/
Relevancy 33.11%

Tough to explain so I'll get straight to it:
After upgrading a Dell computer (1.4GHz) from windows ME to Win XP everything went smooth and ran well for about a week with one small message box popping up at startup stating "unable to find dell keyboard mapping". If you just cancel out the system would boot normally with no problems. Attempted to remove the keyboard mapping from the add/remove programs wizard. Dont know if it was ever succesful because when I reboot the system now it comes up with the logon dialog box as normal but after the system boots completely up I am left with a desktop that shows all the icons with one major exception. All the caption information for the icons and for the programs tree is nothing but what seems to be ASCII characters. ASCII has invaded the entire system...hmmm...tried rollbacks to no avail. Help Please!?

Relevancy 33.11%

So I run a personal recording studio from this computer and I was doing some pretty heavy tracking tonight with a friend All was well no problems my buddy leaves and so I go to play a little of the new quake mod I downloaded I close out of the recording program and go into quake and play for a bit Blacks out as if I had blown a fuse everything just goes dark and quit Blackout Mystery It wont start from Mystery Blackout the button so I have to unplug-replug then the start button again and it fires up and doesnt so much as give me an quot inproper shutdown scan disc quot warning just boots up Whatever Maybe had a power surge who knows right I m playing for about minutes again and SAME THING Im now worried I may be overheating or something similar Am I over taxing my system I know its ill advised to install too many programs on a studio machine but its all Ive got Any suggestions as to what to check out Where to look under the hood My System is as follow ASUS MB AMD XP RAM WIN XP THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

My computer keeps telling me my C drive is critically low even after Ive unistalled several progams, what should I do?

A:C drive mystery

Get a bigger drive would be the best idea.

Or try to determine what filled up the drive.

These will allow you to visualize your disk space usage:

Disk Space Fan
Visual Disk
Disk Pie
TreeSize
Xinorbis
AssessTree
Directory Size Calculator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-drive-mystery.901331/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am really at my wits end here my computer is a compaq FS with windows xp shut mystery down it shuts down with no warning or error message at all I just last week bought the mcafee virus scan it took a million trys to finish downloading cause the computer keeps shutting down just yesterday i finally finished and have a completely updated virus scan installed It did find one trojan virus downloader re i think it said and an adware something which i deleted both and both are now undetectable in the scan it says i have NO virus and i must say it does not shut down nearly as often now HOWEVER it does still keep shutting down just not mystery shut down as often I m honestly ready to start using this computer for target practice the next mystery shut down time it shuts down on me it shuts down no matter if i m on the internet or not i m not sure of any further info i can tell you PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

A:mystery shut down

Could you please download Hijackthis from here:
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe
Then press, Run a system scan and save logfile.
Then paste the whole log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-shut-down.391674/
Relevancy 33.11%

hello,
my goal is to backup my wmdb and export it to excel or text file. i can't seem to find my data base for wmp 11. i have tried searching for "*.wmdb", "CurrentDatabase_360.wmdb" and have looked in "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\CurrentDatabase_360.wmdb" and every other conceivable location. i have hidden folders turned off as well. anyone have any idea as to where wmp 11 data base could be located?

thanks
tom
windows xp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wmdb-mystery-410559.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Mystery ads Solved: Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Buckeye Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Every morning when I wake up my Solved: Mystery ads computer Solved: Mystery ads I have some message about either my video player or something else needs to be updated And in the top left hand corner there is a little box with one word in it Not the same word every time It might say access or any other word but it is there when I get these junk ads I am not updating or downloading anything as I don t know what it is or who it as from Just want to know if you guys can help I don t want to see it any more and you have been a big help in the past Thank you for any info Jan nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right)

All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing.

T.I.A.

A:Mystery icon

Originally Posted by finlay

Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right)

All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing.

T.I.A.

Looks like the Lock Portrait or Landscape Mode icon.

Depending on your machine, it could be a glitch.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38413-mystery-icon.html
Relevancy 33.11%

This little blank box appears quickly on my task bar and as I try to place my curser on it to catch it silly I know but I will wait til I see it appear with my curser just above it to see if I can actually right click on it or just to see if I can see what it is and just as quickly it disappears Now I box mystery in bar? task am having problems with my internet disconnecting I do have different virus scanners and have been scanning repeatedly for about a week now I have Trend virus scanner I also use AdAware and Beta I have DSL connection I have went to pitstop I have went to Trends online scan and a couple of other sites that I have seen posted to scan and nothing has been found Could this be a virus but is going undetected This little box will appear anytime I am online whether I am viewing pages or just have not disconnected the internet and am mystery box in task bar? just viewing my desktop It feels like I am being spyed on What should I do I have heard about hijack this is this something that maybe I should consider I have just left Symntac as a last effort and have mystery box in task bar? received unfortunate news I am infected This is what is showing up C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files RCXA tmp is infected with Adware Search C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp res tmp is infected with Adware Search I also have another question as I was looking at some of your posts on this website I came across another post about VIEWPOINT and a suggestion of deleting this I have no idea where I got this but it is located on my control panel And when I went into add delete programs mystery box in task bar? and tried to delete it said other programs are using it What is this and can I delete it without affecting another program Please help Thank you so much Angel nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I've got packets coming in from out of Downloading Mystery nowhere -- before I open any programs Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE Mystery Downloading avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS eHome Mystery Downloading ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files WinTVR Schedule exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC Program Files ZyXEL ZyXEL G- Wireless Adapter Utility ZyXEL G- exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Documents and Settings act Application Data U LaunchPad exeK System Apps C F B F-D C- cd- -B B AF Exec FirefoxForU Start exeK System Apps C F B F-D C- cd- -B B AF Exec FirefoxForU Start exeK System Apps C F B F-D C- cd- -B B AF Exec firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings HP Administrator My Documents Hijack HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Schedule quot C Program Files WinTVR Schedule exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Startup PinMcLnk lnk C hp bin cloaker exeO - Global Startup ZyXEL G- Wireless Adapter Utility lnk O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http a g akamai net ex qtplugin cabO - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedC n bin cabsa cabO - DPF C A -D - -BC A-FDE EDFF C - http mediaplayer walmart com installer install cabO - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeO - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeO - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe

A:Mystery Downloading

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75234/mystery-downloading/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi all. nothin serious. just odd. ive recently noticed that a removable storage drive is showing up in my computer. all my flash drives r not connected though. could this be the memory in my g19 keyboard showing as a removable drive??
also a floppy drive shows but i dont have 1. my mobo has a connection for it but its not used. should it still show up?

thanks in advance folks

A:mystery drives

Hi mate!

What happens if you disconnect the keyboard?
What happens if you open the drives?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192106-mystery-drives.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My wife has a Dell L400 with XP home on it. It chronically shuts down, all the way off, for no known reason. On reboot it requires a scan disk. Any suggestions?

Thank you

SRQ