Windows Support Forum

BIOS Problems

Q: BIOS Problems

Hi there I was out of my country for a while and when I returned my family told me that the desktop computer is not working Now when I BIOS Problems try to start the system it works fine until a message appears like quot Unknown CPU detected BIOS update is required to unleash its full power Press F to continue quot This message was always there though and when I pressed F it continued on the starting process However now the F does not seem BIOS Problems to work I had a generic keyboard so maybe I thought it was because of that so I went and bought an USB one and still no progress I wanted to reinstall windows to fix the issue however I cant access bios with the del key for some reason although it is clearly stated that I need to press del to enter bios Computer is like years old and here are the specs Dual Core GHz Intel CPU gb of Ram Asus Commando motherboard W Thermaltake power supply Geforce GT Win I formatted my pc a lot of times and it always worked fine until now bear in mind that this is a computer I put together and also there is no burning smell or shutdowns happening It just stays at that message and none of the keyboard keys seem to work I would really appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS Problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BIOS Problems

Try borrowing a keyboard that has a PS/2 connection. Your generic keyboard might have had a problem. I had to use a PS/2 keyboard in order to enter into bios on an old desktop that I had. It was annoying, but for some reason the motherboard wouldn't recognize the USB keyboard until it booted into Windows. Give this a try and see if it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problems.193853/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i bought a radeon7000 but when i put it in the mobo i don't get any signal at all. nothing, zip. and yes it's very well seated.
i recently fixed my bios (and ithought the aperture value may have needed to be changed) but even after bumping my aperture to 256 (it only has two settings 64 and 256) theres no change.

so what would cause a video card to have NO output?
and here's the basics of my comp:

gateway
tabor mobo
pheonix bios 4.x
working video card: voodoo banshee 16mg (AGP)
non working: radeon 7000 64mg (AGP)
anything else i will get to you ASAP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems-and-video-card-problems-experts-come-here-d.269236/
Relevancy 39.56%

Well today when I came home my wife with problems, Please Keyboard help! problems Motherboard/BIOS. and told me the computer computer A kept crashing today and now it says there is no keyboard present and it won t boot up I confirmed this it said keyboard error or no keyboard present It was a USB keyboard I tested that keyboard with this our other computer and it worked with this computer I tried all USB ports on Computer A with no luck The lights on the keyboard would not come on I went out and bought a keyboard with a PS plug The lights on this keyboard do light up Now the computer comes to the screen where it Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! asks me to choose between Safe Mode and starting Windows normally but it won t let me choose or even press Enter If I wait until it defaults to quot Start Windows normally quot it attempts to boot Windows but I get a blue screen saying that the BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant It gives me this Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! STOP x A x x x x I put in the Windows XP Professional recovery disk and rebooted and now it gives me the option quot Press any key to boot from CD quot but again the keyboard does not seem to work The motherboard is an ASUS P Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help! N-E SLI I m going to call the company that built the computer tomorrow and talk to their tech support But I hate waiting so I was hoping someone here might be able to at least tell me what is wrong with my computer If you need any other information in order to help me just ask I m more computer literate than the average person but not a pro Thanks I hope you can help me nbsp

A:Keyboard problems, and problems with Motherboard/BIOS. Please help!

Hmm i've seen this ACPI not compliant blue screen more than a few times and often a BIOS update will fix the problem.

Its not really an easy problem to fix and if your computer is under warranty i would let the company who built it, fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-problems-and-problems-with-motherboard-bios-please-help.728722/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 36.55%

I replaced my case which was noisy and hot Bios problems? with Hec Bios problems? after I finished to assemble the motherboard and everything else I turned it on I got a bios message that Bios problems? there an overclocking error and my choises were F to run setup or F to load default and continue I chose F and everything seems to work fine When I tried to restart winxp did its part ok it saved the settings now the pc should restart but it just hangs I had to shut it off and turned it on again and then I got the same message from the bios I checked the bios end even upgraded it it didn t help I can not start the pc the first try it just hangs and with blank screen the second try takes me to the Bios message mentioned above any idea guys specs asus Bios problems? p s d win xp pro GB ddr sata HD IDE HD by the way I ve added x ddr when I assembled the pc TIA Morris nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys,

Excellent forums here (just found it). I have a question. When I plug in my PDA to a USB port, I get the standard pop up (this device can perform faster if connected to a 2.0 USB hub). I have three usb ports on my laptop (HP G70-460US Notebook, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64x). My question is how can I access the 2.0 port? I a little new to this, so please bear with me.

Also, I went to HP's website to update drivers and such. It gave me an update for insyde Bios program. When I access the BIOS, I cannot find any option to enable 2.0 ports. Does anyone have any ideas or need further clarification to help me? lol.

Thanks!

A:Problems with USB 2.0 and Bios

Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113668-problems-usb-2-0-bios.html
Relevancy 36.55%

trying to install a new os (win xp pro x64 over win wxp pro x32) but i get this caldera dr-dos that doesnt do anything and prevents me from booting from cd(in fact this dr-dos will only start doing something when cd-rom is in first priority)

and now im trying to install a new BIOS (since caldera is something to do with the bios right?) but it doesnt boot up properly...

so any ideas on what should i do?

Relevancy 36.55%

I just change the battery in my system and on restarting my computer this is what I see.
Top left corner of my screen X300XT BIOS P/N-113-a33437-102.
My keyboard has no power so I can't type in any command.  Can someone help please.
Litte Bever .

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19683601
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a 2.6 GHz processor and an ASUS P4SDX SiS 655 mother board, but in my BIOS, the only way i can get my cpu speed is up putting my cpu speed to "manual" and set the frequency to as high as it goes, and even then it's only 2.16 ghz, how do i get my cpu to run at 2.6?

A:BIOS problems

You might want to run this to check your CPU;
http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/frequencyid/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.286255/
Relevancy 36.55%

Good Morning,We have one HP Desktop NV 700-149,First Boot Up to HP Logo, and it takes around 2 minutes to get Hard Disk Drive Failture,After we run Hard Disk Test,THe machine restart, still the same as the first boot up. Even i take Hard Disk out, the messages still error as the same error. Please help me.I think , it might be BIOS error or something wrong with Mother Board. Best regards,

A:HP NV 700-149 BIOS problems

1. Turn off the computer.2. Plug the Desktop into a power source.3. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off. 4. Still pressing the two keys, press the Power button for 2-3 seconds,  then release the Power button and keys. Hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound.    (The screen may keep blank for 30-60 seconds, a BIOS update message may appear) 5) Then the Bios recovery will be completed and the system will reboot couple of times and the key board lights and power light will be flashing and then the computer will boot up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-NV-700-149-BIOS-problems/td-p/5739105
Relevancy 36.55%

I just bought a Dell Poweredge 2400 from a local bankrupt dotcom. It has a RAID containing a single drive, and dual processors. When I plug it in and turn it on, it appears to be hanging when the BIOS loads. I see the DELL logo with a graphic progress indicator beneath it. The indicator always stops about a third of the way.

The "alert" LED is flashing on the front fo the system, but I don't know exactly what that means. I've reseated all the RAM, and plugged in a keyboard & monitor. I think I've done I can think of. Any help would be great.

Mike

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello, my computer when being booted up sits for about 30-45 seconds then goes to the welcome screen and turns on. My BIOS will not work. I need to change my primary graphics adapter and apparently need to do it in bios since its currently disabled. Does anyone know how to fix this? Ive tried pressing the keys to open it and it does nothing. When I force shut down my computer and you would receive the startup menu recommending safe mode etc my keyboard lights up and if I press enter it will bypass the 30 second count down before starting up my computer, but my monitor does not identify until the welcome screen and BIOS will not start. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Should I get 'professional' help with this problem instead of messing with it myself? Because I need the graphics card changed.

A:BIOS Problems

To help you, we need the make and model of your computer.

Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230724-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys I recently bought a Kangaroo Mini PC to use with my Problems with BIOS tv So I'm pretty satisfied with Problems with BIOS my Kangaroo but I only got to use it for a couple of hours Problems with BIOS before I had Problems with BIOS to do a format because I accidentally installed it in czechish I'm danish and don't understand a single word of czech Something apparently went wrong and I have to make a complete reinstall when booting the kangaroo logo comes up disappears and then it seems the Kangaroo is rebooting in an endless loop It's not so much of a problem since I have a USB-stick with Win lying around but I have problems with BIOS I can easily enter and navigate when I press F to acces the normal BIOS No problems there However when I press F to enter my boot settings my arrow keys doesn't work I can press F for help ESC etc but the arrow keys doesn't work so I can't select to boot from my USB Anybody got some tips for me to try out I have tried with different keyboards one of them which is with a PS connector that I connected with a PS to USB converter Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/problems-with-bios-1148425.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a bios problem. I go in and set the mouse for ps2 and set it to save the bios change. It runs ok for a week or so and switch's back to non-ps2. I have done this about eight times and it keeps changing.

I replaced the battery just to be sure and it still changes all by its self.

Any suggestions??

Ron

A:Bios Problems

WTGRon,
I have been told by several people not to flash BIOS unless there is a problem, but you might consider it as a possible solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.66499/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello i have a 965p gigabyte mobo, its a 965p-s3 and it has dual bios. I flashed the bios and wham no restart just hangs with no video what so ever. both the power light and hard drive light remains lit fans turn on. It worked fine before and i was trying to flash to the new 45nm processor bios but now it wont work at all. This mobo is supposed to have a dual bios and it wont even boot in that, am i supposed to do some key sequence to boot up in dual bios, i read that it is supposed to do it automatically. I have tried clearing the bios serveral times by the jumpers and the batterie method. tried taking everything out and all that. so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thansk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.676836/
Relevancy 36.55%

i was wondering howto get to my bios so i can set up my pc to turn on when power reaches it by the power cable

A:bios problems

when u turn u pc on ,,pess del or f2 button on keyboard and it will open up 4 u the bios,,
be careful,,dont mess up things around it,,it can damage ur whole system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.737175/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello! I just bought a new grahics card and their tech support told me to update my computers bios. I have been trying to see if theres a new update for my computer but your support site isnt working (all i see is a blank white screen) and everything works accept that page where i can see what to update. Please reply as soon as possible, thank you!

A:Problems with bios

Please provide the specific model/product number of your system. Find Model Number/Product Number

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Problems-with-bios/td-p/5631019
Relevancy 36.55%

hello everybody,my pc after i turn it up it used to boot normally but now when i turn it up it stuck telling me that press f1 to continued or press del to enter to set up and then send me to the bios and i dont know that much about the bios,so i tried to fix it,big mistake because now keep doing the same thing and besides that now,when i try to make a fresh install of any os it takes for ever to load the os disk set up,please any help will be very welcome,thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bios-problems-please-anybody-459834.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Its Just annoying how each time i want to upload a video or a photo i have to restart my computer to upload it, how do i update the BIOS? i Run an eMachines Laptop.

A:USB (BIOS) Problems

Download the update BIOS from the eMachines manufacturer's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/173364-usb-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello there I am having some problems with my pc again Question yesterday i bought a new TB HDD and GB more ram to total GB RAMwhen i first installed it i had a few problems but they worked out fine i then checked in the Bios and it picked up the RAM to total MB BIOS Problems i then tried to install Windows onto the TB and format the GB HDD but windwos refused to install onto it it would get to and then just stop so i burnt a new DVD tried again still not working so i burnt another at X burning speed BIOS Problems still didnt work so i tried BIOS Problems a known windows Vista disc still didnt work So i tried installing with one of my burnt wondws discs onto my GB and it worked perfexctly Does anyone know of any reasons why it wouldn't work Question once i got the OS installed i went back into the bios to try and re-overclock the CPU when i went back into there i noticed that the Bios was only now saying that i had installed RAM and usable does anybody know why this may be happening Question Ever since i installed they new RAM and HDD the computer would only boot of the time as in i would turn it off and then turn it on again and i would get a beep code that goes like this --- PAUSE ----- -'s are beeps i would then restart it and it would POST BUT it would fail to overclock i Would get a message and a beep after POST saying quot OverClock Failed thank you for reading and your patience and hoep you can help me P S My specs are Intel Celeron Dual core Sometimes at when it works Asus P KPL- Latest BIOS as of like the th July ' X Kingstom HyperX GB X Seagate baracuda GB X Western Digital Caviar Green TB Nvidia GeForce GT MB Zotac Thank You -Braydon

Quote: Originally Posted by brayway

Hello there,
I am having some problems with my pc (again!)

Question 1.
yesterday i bought a new 1TB HDD and 2GB more ram to total 4GB RAMwhen i first installed it i had a few problems but they worked out fine, i then checked in the Bios and it picked up the RAM to total 4096MB. i then tried to install Windows 7 onto the 1TB and format the 250GB HDD. but windwos refused to install onto it, it would get to %16 and then just stop. so i burnt a new DVD, tried again, still not working so i burnt another at 4X burning speed, still didnt work . so i tried a known windows Vista disc, still didnt work. So i tried installing with one of my burnt wondws 7 discs onto my 250GB and it worked perfexctly! Does anyone know of any reasons why it wouldn't work?

Question 2.
once i got the OS installed i went back into the bios to try and re-overclock the CPU, when i went back into there i noticed that the Bios was only now saying that i had 4096 installed RAM and 3584 usable...
does anybody know why this may be happening?

Question 3.
Ever since i installed they new RAM and HDD the computer would only boot 50% of the time, as in i would turn it off and then turn it on again and i would get a beep code that goes like this --- PAUSE -----
(-'s are beeps)
i would then restart it and it would POST BUT! it would fail to overclock. i Would get a message and a beep after POST saying "OverClock Failed!)

Intel Celeron Dual core 2.0 Sometimes at 2.86 (when it works)
Asus P5KPL-1600 (Latest BIOS as of like the 17th July '09)
4 X Kingstom 1066 HyperX 1GB
1X Seagate baracuda 250GB
1X Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB (Zotac)

Thank You

-Braydon

Braydon

1- sometimes you have to install with less ram (like 1 gig) abt the HD, does it work now that win 7 is installed?
2- You are probably 32 bit and 32 usually sees the full 4 but can only use 3.3-3.5 gigs. If your cpu and ram support it try 64 bit.
3-the beep code is telling you whats wrong. check the user manual (or mfr) for what 3,4 beeps mean.

Hope this helps and if you need more explanation feel free to ask

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17830-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I was gonna update the BIOS on a Think Pad Lap Top. But when I got to IBM'S web site I found 11 previous versions of updates for the BIOS.

So my questions is, Do I have to put all the updates in, or just the current one? Cause I don't know if the current one has all the other updates in it or not.

And while i'm at it, doe's this apply to anything we are trying to update?

Prospect

The most current update will contain all the previous fixes, since it completely wipes the BIOS and replaces it, it would need to. But the question you should be asking yourself is - Do I need to update the BIOS?

For each BIOS revision there should be a description of what changes have been made, if you are having a problem or have a peice of hardware that your latop cannot use because of a BIOS limitation, choose the revision that solves the problem.

Conversely, if your laptop is working fine, don't bother flashing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.100348/
Relevancy 36.55%

Basically i got this new motherboard with the cpu I put everything together with the stock cooler and the first time i fired it up the temperature of the cpu went up to C with the Problems bios right off the bat when i started it up I checked this on the bios The computer shut down by itself to avoid a fried cpu To avoid this i bought a custom cooler and Problems with the bios installed that on the motherboard It seems to be doing a pretty good job since its warm and that means it sharing the heat with the cpu The problem is now i cant get into my bios whenever i try to go into the bios a flashing underscore appears on the top left corner of the Problems with the bios screen and wont let me in the bios I need Problems with the bios to get in the bios and tweak some settings because my pc wont boot into windows Its strange because i could get into bios when my cpu was getting fried but i cant now when its cool You dont suppose my cpu has been damaged or anything Any help REALLy appreciated since im left without a computer for months now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-the-bios.762701/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have the following motherboard in my computer ( Ultra Durable Motherboard  GA-Z77X-UD5H ) and I am using Windows 7 Pro

When accessing BIOS I cannot make any entries since no key input works.I then have to shut down the
computer in order to continue.

Can anybody provide a hint of what the cause could be ?

Thank you

Herbert667

A:BIOS problems

What are you trying to do in the BIOS...and why?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603981/bios-problems/
Relevancy 36.55%

Acer aspire 1700 (Phoenix Bios)
Win xp home edition service pack 2
Bios version :- A3C13

Im trying to install windows 7 ultimate and it says that my bios isnt ACPI compliant i've tried
to update the bios with winPhlash but still does not work not sure where to go from here

A:Bios Problems

Is your computer a 1700 or is there a number such as AG1781 on the tag? I don't find an Acer Aspire 1700 on the system compatibility list for Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.906827/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey maybe problems BIOS ? all I dont know if this is the right area to post this Really irritated right now Got in all my new comp stuff BIOS problems maybe ? after BIOS problems maybe ? mother board fried in my desktop Got a new ASUS Deluxe motherboard power supply ram video card case blah blah blah Anyway Transfered everything into the new case Never had a problem while doing this before Started it up and everything looked pretty comp started checking all the bios stuff n what not Then out of no where maybe seconds in it shuts off Like a power surge or something Turn it back on immediately afterwards Doesn t even stay on long enough for the monitor power light to come on let BIOS problems maybe ? it sit for a few minutes same thing all over again And a couple errors about driver not attached to fast track or whatever Friend said the BIOS is probably screwed up and I should take it in to a pro and pay to get it fixed But I wanted some more info before I toss anyone any money Any help advice is quot GREATLY quot appreciated Thanks all nbsp

A:BIOS problems maybe ?

I figured I'd go ahead and give you the specs on the stuff I got...
I just dont want to sink any money into taking it in to get it fixed if its a faulty motherboard or something... Anyway...
ASUS PVP800-E Deluxe Motherboard
1024MB PC3200 DDR 400mhz Ram
GeForceFX 5200 256MB Video Card
400w Psupply
ummm... I dont know what else to say cept that my old system was a dell dimension, Mother board was shot, using the processor out of it... Yeah, So if any of this is gonna conflict with something, Please let me know, If I should just send the motherboard back now before spending any money...
Please, Any reply is a good reply, Thanks a bunch...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problems-maybe.22835/
Relevancy 36.55%

i recently changed from media edition to xp pro... and my pc has never been the same again, the usb drives have gone so slow it takes about 4hours for me to update my ipod and i can't use webcams/capture cards.
i have tried uninstalling the usb and installing them, downloaded new drivers and nothing worked. i found out the other day i can change the speed on bios settings and i could see it was set to slow, so i changed it but then i pc will not start if i do, so i have to restore default settings to go back onto my computer... anyone know what i can do?

A:usb and bios problems

Do you have USB 2.0? Do you get a warning when you plug in a USB device that it could run faster?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-and-bios-problems.758510/
Relevancy 36.55%

My BIOS is seeing both of my BIOS Problems optical drives as CD-ROM whereas one of them is DVD-RW When I look deeper into the BIOS disks configuration it lists the DVD-RW but it shows Master drive as CD-ROM and Secondary drive as CD-ROM when in fact it is the Secondary drive that is the DVD-RW and in fact the BIOS knows that because when I ask it for information on the drive it gives it correctly I need to sort this out because I cannot install W without removing this conflict because I cannot get my machine to boot up from DVD My system is a Dell and I have just updated the BIOS to version AO with no effect BIOSTech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp W Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I notice the System info utility log above doesn t enev list either of the optical dtives Can anyone help me BIOS Problems please nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,One of our client machines has problem with BIOS showing up, Hard Drive Fialure!After that, We take out that Hard Drive and , that HP still said Hard Drive Fialture! It is take too long to load to BIOS and i can see only HP BIOS LOGO and 3 mn later, it brought to Hard Disk Error, Hard  Disk 6 (3F6)  , Actually no hard disk installed. What wrong with this? how can we fix it?Best regard,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-NV-700-149-BIOS-problems/td-p/5736859
Relevancy 36.55%

My computer freezes all the time. I'm Running windows XP. Here are the two errors that I've copied from the xp error log.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

When these errors occur, my system freezes, and the only thing I can do is hit the reset button. I'd appreciate any help that could be provided, as I am very frustrated at this point.

Thanks,
Jayme

Relevancy 36.55%

my bios is appears in a different language. it used to show up as English, but I went into it one day and it was setup in Chinese. I think.
Please I need help it has been a year and I still can't figure it out.

A:Bios problems

http://www.froggie.sk/
I found this page on the internet and apparently it can change your language. I have not tried it so try at your own risk. I found the link to it on a different support page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.785488/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I am experiencing BIOS well I think problems... please help. BIOS they re BIOS related problems on two PCs Computer BIOS problems... please help. AMD Athlon XP MB RAM MB nVidia GeForce video card what happens with this PC is sometimes I get the error quot CMOS Checksum error - defaults loaded Press F to continue Press DEL to enter setup quot If I press F Windows continues to load normally but the only problem is the date is set at Jan at am If I don t get the CMOS checksum error in most cases I don t Windows loads normally However say I switch the PC off at pm Monday and switch it on at am Tuesday the system time will be say am Tuesday morning S Is the CPU clock or whatever it is called dead or nearing it Any ideas please BTW I bought this PC new in December Computer Don t know exact specs but can find out MB RAM MB given to video card Mhz Intel processor The problem with this PC is different Switch it on and it jumps straight into BIOS I played around with it for a while and the only way it can start up is by resetting defaults saving and exiting and that is everytime it starts which is quite inconvenient Resetting to defaults also causes the time to reset to Jan at am The problem with this one seems a little more obvious It says the computer hung due to improper FSB SD RAM frequency or something similar It starts at Safe mode each time How would I go about finding the correct value for this as the manual provides very little detail Any ideas would be much appreciated I m not too much into hardware anymore Neither of these computers have been over clocked or anything I can get more details if needed Thanks nbsp

A:BIOS problems... please help.

Both of those computers are elderly, so if you haven't replaced the BIOS batteries on the motherboards, the problems could have to do with weak batteries.

Make sure that you get the correct battries as replacements by taking the old ones in to a reputable computer shop.

You could also try reflashing the BIOSes with the latest updates from the motherboard manufacturers' sites.

If necessary, visit these pages on the BIOS:

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/BIOS.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problems-please-help.44609/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guy,
am hope am in the write place to post this? any way I have a SAMSUNG R45 I enter bios but am unable to go to the next setting it seem to be stuck on Main I pressed the arrow keys left and right, it was working perfectly a few week ago, dose anyone know how to fix this problem?

kind regards
Golden

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problems.126990/
Relevancy 36.55%

I just built a computer and when i finally got it to load i had some problems... first off, whenever i change somthing in the bios it wont load anymore... and next... when i try to just install windows it doesnt get to the stage where it starts to intall, it just says "NTLDR is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart" what do i do?

Relevancy 36.55%

I have for some reason two booting options, can i set my OS to boot from my selected one automaticly thankyou

A:BIOS Problems....

This thread may help you: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/512178-2-choices-os-startup.html?highlight=boot.ini

If it is not just a option of which windows OS to boot then it will probably be under the BIOS in a menu labeled "Boot Device Priority" or "Boot" or "Boot Sequence" something like that and may be in a submenu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.512326/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all.

I'm using a MSI Neo2 platinum socket 939 mobo with an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Newcastle.

I recently tried flashing my bios via MSI's Liveupdate software. After this, I could no longer access my bios upon boot up, or my boot order. My Floppy drive does not work, though it is unrelated to the current problems.

I downloaded and ran winflash, and flashed the bios from 1.B back to 1.3, which is what I had. However, my problem now is that my computer cannot boot up, UNLESS when I turn it on, I unplug the power cord, and then plug it back in. Otherwise, I my monitor just goes into sleep mode upon startup and nothing happens. I tried reflashing to version 1.5, but have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems.405205/
Relevancy 36.55%

Rarely a time with (Help!) Bios Problems my I ve looked for help online but here goes I just did a built of a computer the following are the specs Motherboard ASUS M A Problems with my Bios (Help!) X EVO R AM Graphics card SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R X GB GDDR CPU AMD FX- -Core Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz Power supply Diablotek UL Series W ATX V Problem The problem I am experiencing is whenever I boot into bios I get a weird screen Also while on this screen I can move the mouse but cannot interact with anything in fact I can t see anything clearly I Problems with my Bios (Help!) did search the forum and noticed my problem to be identical Problems with my Bios (Help!) to the one explained in the following thread http forums techguy org hardware -bios-help-need-asus-m a x html Since the thread wasn t updated I decided to ask to see if someone has experienced this similar issue Furthermore if I m not in bios the computer runs great But whenever I load into bios I cannot do anything The picture shown in the previous thread is exactly what happens on my bios screen Like I said in moving the mouse I create small squares Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Here is the picture from the previous post Which is the exact screen I m getting nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

I just bought some parts for a new computer; A new motherboard, chip, and a new harddrive. It's the gigabyte dual bios motherboard. I got everything to load up right, but it pauses on the bios screen. I tried to go to setup but it takes 10-15 minutes just to get into it. The problem is that I'm trying to install windows Xp through booting up from CD, I've already put the CD-rom drive as my first to boot, but the board or maybe bios doesnt understand. Anyone have any suggestions? or maybe ran into a similar problem and solved it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

A:Having problems with motherboard bios

can you see the h/d in the bios
have you formatted it and put an active partition on it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-with-motherboard-bios.205435/
Relevancy 36.55%

I want to reformat my pc since im changing my OS from to problem is i cant access BIOS Bios can be access by clicking f Delete button when the logo starts up or by going to pc settings and troubleshoot Sadly both did not and problems system32 Bios work on me when my pc starts up it black screens then i will take around - mins then the welcome screen pops up system32 and Bios problems skipping system32 and Bios problems the F delete clicking portion to access bios i tried spamming the f and delete while it was black screen nothing happens Now system32 and Bios problems when i access the pc setting it wont run also it just shows its logo and it auto minimize I tried reading some post on how to access pc setting and it says i run the command prompt as admin but it wont work Also when i run some programs like msconfigexe it shows the problem quot specified procedure not found quot saying that i was from windows system HELP i cant enjoy my pc pls help ADVANCE THANKYOU

A:system32 and Bios problems

Try F-2 or Delete just as soon as the restart starts.
Don't wait for messages or logos.
Press & hold.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60614-system32-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Here s my problem After updating my BIOS I am having problems with my background colors graphics videos and themes I m not able to run some video some others I can My AOL browsing seems ok but Mozilla Firefox launces with a white background and doesn t allow me to add any themes There are other problems like no graphics with certain programs too This site right now is completely white except for black frames and text but I can view the Smiley Icons below this email Does this strike a chord Error messages and System Info follow D / Graphics Problems BIOS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here s a few results from the Error Graphics / BIOS Problems Console Error src has no properties Source File chrome answers content webtip js Line Warning Error in parsing value for property display Declaration dropped Source File http www google com ig hl en Line Warning Unknown property box-sizing Declaration dropped Source File http www google com ig hl en Line Error Exception quot Component does not have requested interface when calling method nsIInterfaceRequestor getInterface quot nsresult quot x NS NOINTERFACE quot location quot JS frame chrome browserrecord content utils js anonymous line quot data no Source File chrome browserrecord content utils js Line Error Exception quot Component does not have requested interface when calling method nsIInterfaceRequestor getInterface quot nsresult quot x NS NOINTERFACE quot location quot JS frame chrome browser content bookmarks bookmarks js anonymous line quot data no Source File chrome browser content bookmarks bookmarks js Line --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manuf Microsoft Corp System Manuf Gateway System Model Gateway System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp RG A A P SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits
Asus Rampage

Hi
I really need help. I've been trying to format my computer so I brang by Vista CD to boot on. Strangely it didn't so I thought that I had to check on BIOS the booting drive. However I couldn't acess BIOS because my USB Keyboard wouldn't work. After some research, the solution to the problem would be connecting a PS2 Keyboard.

I tried and nothing both keyboards work to put the password but before that to acess BIOS or to scroll down/up on the options after you get a bad shutdown: Open Windows with Networking Prompt, Windows Safe mode, Windows normal, etc I can't scroll through these options.

I'm stuck, what now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-formating-and-on-bios.835678/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, I built 4 identical systems with the following specs:
AMD Sempon 1.5 GHz CPU's
512 MB Mushkin PC 3200 DDR RAM
ASUS A7v8x-x Motherboard

The motherboards would not recognize the correct cpu speed so I flashed the BIOS with an upgrade provided directly from the asus support page. On 3 of them I have had no problems. They are identical systems, software and hardware.
On the computer in question I have had a bunch of problems.
If the computer is soft-rebooted, through windows, it will turn off.
Pressing the power button at this point does nothing at all.
If you remove the power cable for 5 seconds and then plug it back in the power button will start to work again. I have tried re-flashing the bios, clearing the CMOS and reinstalling the OS.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Note: Computer worked did not experience this problem prior to bios update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-bios-update.302333/
Relevancy 36.55%

Here's what happened I was bored one day looking at the specifications of my GA- LMT-S motherboard when I discovered that it had a GPU integrated into it I was interested and I wanted to see exactly how it performed so I looked through Problems... Other BIOS Won't and Show Up the settings on my computer to see if I could use it instead of my dedicated one Then I restarted it to look through the BIOS settings to check if I could change some settings through that to use the integrated card Well I did find BIOS Won't Show Up and Other Problems... a setting that would make my computer try to find and use an integrated graphics card before a dedicated one I was a little nervous about doing it because I had never tried it before But I did it anyway and exited the BIOS immediately afterwards I noticed then that as my computer started up there was only a black screen until the usual log-in screen for Windows showed up Uh-oh So I tried restarting my computer again to see if that would fix it Nope Instead of usually showing the motherboard logo screen that appears as soon as the computer starts up it just showed a black screen again Since I couldn't access the BIOS I couldn't change the settings back to what they were before Thus I tried a system refresh to see if THAT would return the settings to their defaults As it turns out that was a BIOS Won't Show Up and Other Problems... really really stupid idea Instead of fixing my problem it created a whole lot of new ones First of all it removed the drivers for my dedicated graphics card So I downloaded and installed them with no trouble Over the next day or so I proceeded to download all the apps that refreshing my computer BIOS Won't Show Up and Other Problems... removed I got all of the most important ones installed again and I didn't have any more issues or so I thought I went to bed happy that I had made some progress But the next morning all of my programs except for my internet browsers weren't working They included Steam Skype Minecraft Java FRAPS Age of Empires and even some motherboard drivers that I tried to install from a CD I was able to get them all working through compatibility mode but I don't want to have to continue to use it If anyone has any suggestions or solutions they would be greatly appreciated Sorry for the long-winded post

A:BIOS Won't Show Up and Other Problems...

As for the Bios, when starting up, on the black screen, press the Del key repeatedly, that should take you into Setup (Bios). If not, try clearing the CMOS (Bios) How to CLEAR CMOS? this will set the Bios to factory defaults.
As for your OS problems, when you say you tried a System Refresh, what does this entail? Do you mean you reinstalled Windows from the Recovery Partition? If so, that would wipe out all your saved files, and you would need to reinstall all of your programs. Did it create a folder under your C: drive called Windows.old? If so, your files and programs should be listed here. If not, I would suggest doing another Refresh and formatting the HDD and reinstalling Windows and your programs again. Or you can go to Search and type CMD right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press Enter. This will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/bios-wont-show-up-and-other-problems-697156.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have Recently come into some very hard problems with my pc ok so let me start with I had a burned out HDD I was putting some parts in and it fried I just took it out no questions asked I took to Staples the guy slapped it in his docking station and tells me it is reading the hard drive and would probably still work in my pc he said about chance it works I realized some time later about a year I had some Word and Notepad bios HDD problems Multiple etc with pc docs I needed off of there Against my better judgement I put it in my pc I went through the post boot then I saw Detecting Array Followed by BOOT DISK ERROR INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I figured ok it s not working I put in my other hard drive only to have it say the exact same thing I do have a nd hard drive but I only use it for storage After some hours and a replacement of my gtx thanks to my sister who likes to touch components while the pc is on I got the pc to boot to Win only to find out that I have two more problems My DVD drive is not detected at all It s not there I can hear the drive spinning but it s not detecting at all I also have no sound It says quot No Audio output device is Multiple problems with pc bios HDD etc installed Multiple problems with pc bios HDD etc I still get the Detecting Multiple problems with pc bios HDD etc Array while starting but it just moves right along after it does whatever setup is PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT w P n-e sli i Intel Quad Core Q gigs ram geforce evga gtx gtx gb Western Digital gb OS is installed on this one Maxtor gb just used for storage My bios looks like Boot Device Priority Hard Disk Hard Disk CDRom Disable Hard Disk Drives Sata Maxtor gb Sata WDC That s western digital fyi gb I have my OS win installed on wdc it but when I was first expierencing the problems I couldn t get it to boot cause they were switched max on bottom wdc on top I switched I got it to boot but there s still major problems I have no idea what to do anymore One thing I really want is my dvd drive to be detected so I can try and reformat and see if that solves anything nbsp

A:Multiple problems with pc bios HDD etc

Nobody has any ideas? I thought it might be the motherboard I removed CMOS to see if that would solve the "Detecting Array", issue but it did not. I also but in an old cd drive to see if it would detect primary IDE master or slave even and nothing came up. My hard drives are working fine. My only other options of what it could be is that I need to reformat, I have a bad ribbon cable to my dvd drive, or my ide controller is bad which means I basically need a new motherboard.

Still any Ideas at all? I can boot to windows but I dont have my dvd drive no sound the detecting Array error still pops up at every boot up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-problems-with-pc-bios-hdd-etc.1028435/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey... I have been on a 4 week trip and i came home to my pc kinda messed up.
When i boot my PC it starts running then i hear the bios go crazy and my Hewlett Packard monitor does not flash on.... but there is stand by power .
i have tried taking the graific card out and putting back in and also tried reseting the bios, now the bios doesn't make a sound at all.
the bios at the start went long bleep then 4 short bleeps
Bios: AMI
any ideas
walawala

A:bios and screen problems

checked on the beep codes here they r:

1 Long, 3 Short Beeps Base / Extended Memory failure
one long, two short Video failure
one long, eight short Display / Retrace Test failure
pretty sure its one of these
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-and-screen-problems.897185/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello my story is pretty long but I'll try to summerize it nbsp I bought an Acer TC- recently and noticed in time that the onboard Realtek network card was working horribly After many attempts to fix this I decided to buy an individual network adapter TC- V because it had good reviews albeit cheap but that didn't fix anything either even if I did find the right chipset driver I was thinking of buying an Intel network adapter which is considerably more expensive update problems BIOS but I run on Windows x and apparently Intel doesn't have any drivers for that yet After a ton of research I found by accident the suggestion of updating BIOS even though it wouldn't guarantee that everything would be back to normal plus I'd heard that updating BIOS is risky so I let that idea slide Then after too much frustration of disabling enabling the adapter several times a day I decided to look into the BIOS issue again and I discovered something interesting My BIOS version is P B L which according to this thread- nbsp http community acer com t Software-Solutions-and Acer-Aspire-XC- -unable-to-update-BIOS m-p nbsp -means BIOS update problems that the version is for Linux nbsp because of the L letter at the end but my first OS is nbsp Windows nbsp and the version mentioned above is on the Windows compatible list on the BIOS update problems Acer drivers list how is that even possible nbsp So my questions are as follows nbsp Is my Linux BIOS version creating a conflict with Windows that's causing internet connection issues If yes The latest compatible BIOS version for Windows in my case is nbsp P A but upon trying to flash from Windows according to Acer instructions I got this error nbsp ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID Is it because my current version is for Linux If so is it possible to downgrade to P A for example and try flashing afterwards nbsp My specs are as follows nbsp i - GHz GB RAMGeForce GTX GB DDR TC- V Network AdapterBIOS version P B LWindows N x nbsp nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to buy another network adapter if it can be avoided Thank you

A:BIOS update problems

Is there no one who can help me? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/BIOS-update-problems/td-p/334659
Relevancy 36.55%

I bought a Dell Lattitude laptop from a friend. We are unable to contact the person who set the bios PW. I have taken the machine to a reputable computer shop and they can't seem to install WinXP because they can't access the bios. They have removed the cmos battery and still can't get in. I heard that the transistors need to be drained of their power as well. Is this true? If so, how long do I wait before I reinstall the cmos battery? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, Dell Help Desk wants $99 to tell me the password. I understand it's a security issue, but that fee seems a little ridiculus.

A:Bios PW removal problems

The BIOS password on laptops is deliberately difficult to remove as an anti-theft measure. It's written to non-volatile memory, and "draining the transistors", whatever that is, won't remove it. You will probably have to contact the person that put the password on, or pay the $99.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-pw-removal-problems.402220/
Relevancy 36.55%

I recently had problems with my computer of suddenly shutting down.
I wanted to upgrade so I got a new motherboard, proccessor, and power supply.
I thought that would fix the problem until I was trying to install the new BIOS and it started shutting off again.
Can anyone give suggestions please?

A:BIOS and shutting down problems.

You shouldn`t need to 'install' a new BIOS for a fresh build. What exact equipment do you have and what exactly happens and when?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-and-shutting-down-problems.427905/
Relevancy 36.55%

Well kinda long story Let me paraphrase and start at the beginning Don t be intimidated by the long story it s a good shot? and SP2 problems... Is USB BIOS my read Please help System Specs Dell CRT Moniter G Logitech Laser Mouse One that stopped working becuase of USB Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse One I m using now PS Asus P P Motherboard Gigabyte GT MB AGP Video Card Intel P GHz Prescott CPU x MB Corsair PC Is my BIOS shot? USB and SP2 problems... DDR RAM GB Western Digital Harddrive Creative Labs Audigy SoundCard Windows XP SP Build Installation CD Fully updated with SP during the problems SP released I download it install it hangs on reboot and I m forced to uninstall it in Safe Mode Few months later same thing Today for some reason my mouse stopped working nothing Plug and Play would work And it even started when I wasn t doing anything I had booted and programs were loading when teh mouse just stopped Turns out nothing USB would work Everything was fine in teh device manager So I turn to updating the Intel Chipset and stuff I read that I must have SP Is my BIOS shot? USB and SP2 problems... installed in order to install it So thankfully I find a patch that allows Prescott CPUs to not hang on reboot after SP is installed and I install it successfully After I rebooted and was in windows I run Windows Update and update for SP Then I go to manually restart when it s done My system hangs Then bluescreens Happened as the screen was desaturating when you click on the Shut Down button in start menu Said an error in some AVG sys file Grisoft AntiVirus So I boot into safe mode and uninstall AVG I try to shutdown the computer and it hangs at the quot Windows is shutting down quot screen for quite a while So I am forced to manually turn off the computer I turn it back on Nothign happens all the devices turn on but my moniter turns off a few seconds after it turns on I figured my BIOS was screwed up so I removed the CMOS battery and put it back in and all was fine it restarted I continued to install some INtel Chipset stuff for my motherboard and Plug n Play files too On a few of the restarts it would hang while Windows was loading and I d have to restart But it wouldn t work so I d have to do the CMOS thing again So finally I had it running I installed the correct Intel USB drivers for my motherboard and restarted But the USB still would not work It had a yellow exclamation point next to all the ports in the Device Manager So I try to install it again When I restart my computer will not boot up The lights in my case work the HDD spins up well The moniter just goes into standby like it did before and nothing happens No error beeps or anything I tried removing the CMOS battery and also tried doing the Jumper pin CMOS reset but that will not work as it did before All I want is to get my BIOS semi working then I can update them reformat reinstall Windows and hopefully get my PC like new nbsp

A:Is my BIOS shot? USB and SP2 problems...

I will be testing my Graphics card soon in another PC to make sure that's not what's wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-bios-shot-usb-and-sp2-problems.422075/
Relevancy 36.55%

I will start from the beginning I have another emachine that I had to replace the mobo in I got a winfast by foxconn model K AA and it is in and now I have a picture windows and problems. Bios on my screen Now the problem begin I tried to start up windows and it wouldn t I believe I need to flash Bios and windows problems. the bios to be able to get farther in the start up I Bios and windows problems. have found the bios and the flash for it but can t seem to find the comands for the flash to start and do it s thing All the programs and old drivers and everything are still on the hard drive for it had crashed before I could remove them So not being able to do that I figured I would just boot in safe mode well a couple of error have come up to prevent windows from loading One was a driver error Like I said all the drivers are still there for the old mobo So then I figured what the hay I will just reinstall windows and repartition the hard drive to wipe it out Well now the comp won t start up the windows disk I get an error that I need to install a operating system disk and retry I am at a loss right now and any thing would help I think that I need to get the old Bios and drivers off first before it will work right Please let me know what you think for I need to figure this out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

I recently purchased a new mother board MSI K A Platinum Had it working fine all morning until it asked me to up date my BIOS which I did Now I can no longer connect to the internet as I had been beforehand My BIOS problems? = New wireless quot connect to a network quot window shows that it recognizes the New BIOS = wireless problems? network and I have excellent signal strength I can even connect to my network it's horribly slow but does eventually New BIOS = wireless problems? connect after I am connected identifying takes a few min and it ends with only local access all other computers wireless or not in this house have not lost connection same router I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers reset the modem attempted to get quot new IP info from router amongst all other windows trouble shooting tools the network is also unsecured Edit It seems I have some internet access for I am receiving windows updates and the weeks weather threw rainmeter Any help would be amazing thank you Jon Motherboard MSI K A Platinum Wireless card Dynex wireless G desktop card Power supply BFG watt Graphics Card Geforce GT Cpu AMD Athalon dual core O S Windows Vista

Relevancy 36.55%

I am having problems with saving BIOS settings on my Lenovo Y50-70 touch. I am trying to use virtual box so I need the intel virtualization setting turned on. One day my computer crashed and the BIOS reset itself to default settings and since then I can't change any settings. Now my computer frequently freezes up and it will no longer keep accurate time. I believe there is a problem with the CMOS battery but Lenovo support thinks otherwise. Support claims that there is a software problem with Windows.  Does any one have any experience with this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-BIOS-Problems/td-p/3324714
Relevancy 36.55%

Bought my computer 1 1/2 yrs ago. 2 days after my warranty expired, my Internet disappeared on my computer, to which I blamed my 8yr old son for mysteriously doing. Then, when I went to reinstall it, the computer wouldn't turn on. Intermittently attempted to turn on over course if several weeks and recently powered up.... only to get an error that my main BIOS crashed or was corrupt and after hrs and hrs of trying to auto restore itself, nothing happens. In need of suggestions. Only used as a basic computer for kids to research homework or play a game or 2.
Its an ibuypower GA-B75M-D3H 1.1 w intel core13 and that's all I know about it! Thanks in advance for any help

A:BIOS crashed and other problems

Where to begin is right... I suppose you don't have a Windows disk? It really sounds like a hardware failure and it's just a coincidence that your son was using it before it crashed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-crashed-and-other-problems.212623/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guys,
I recently finished a system build (specs below), and everything was fine save for USB devices not beind detected. I called asus and they said to download the newest chipset drivers, and then install the latest bios. I did so, but when i finished flashing the bios (using asus xp utility) the computer failed to boot after restart. I put asus's boot cd in to refresh bios, and the re-flash failed (it said something about checking the CMOS). I reset the CMOS jumpers, and now the computer won't even turn on. I'm at the end of my wits here, thanks for the help.

Relevancy 36.55%

My hubby is trying to install a new hard drive and it is saying we cannot get to the setup page without a BIOS password. We have no idea what it is or how to bypass it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? We took the battery out but that did not work. Thanks.

A:BIOS password problems

Please look at the FAQs in the mobile computing section. Hopefully yours is a DELL.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-password-problems.106675/
Relevancy 36.55%

I m sorry if this has been posted already but I looked through and I do Oops, problems) did that..? (BIOS I couldn t find anything identical to my problem and I d like to be as safe as possible Alrighty so I ve got a slight problem I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop L - Now it came with Vista Premium which was pretty nice but it tended to act badly with some of my games that didn t have Vista support So I had purchased Windows XP home from the BX and I decided that I d install it and Oops, did I do that..? (BIOS problems) give myself some time away from Vista until a service pack Oops, did I do that..? (BIOS problems) came out or until my programs came out with patches or updated versions that allowed them to work with Vista unhindered My problem is When I put XP on it wiped my BIOS or so I ve surmised See I didn t realize that the new BIOS were on the hard drive I d always known them to be on separate Oops, did I do that..? (BIOS problems) chips So now my wonderful five day old laptop has been turned into a dollar paper weight It boots to the quot Toshiba quot screen and then locks up thanks to my Anyone have any solutions Can I get a copy of my BIOS from Toshiba when it becomes available as it isn t available on the website yet and somehow put it on my hard drive and then either proceed with Vista or XP whichever the BIOS will let me have I trust you guys will know A Flash drive Some sort of remote uploading ability from computer to computer Anything Or would I just be better off taking it to the guys at Geek Squad and paying dollars and getting it fixed Thanks much -Amber nbsp

A:Oops, did I do that..? (BIOS problems)

ok so whoever told you that your bios is on your hard drive is completely incorrect, the bios is still a part of your motherboard's software(built-in) it sounds like the machine is having problems not related to your operating system(could be motherboard) i'd recommend bringing it to an authorized repair location so that they can check it out under your 1 Year Warranty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oops-did-i-do-that-bios-problems.620590/
Relevancy 36.55%

I messed with the BIOS on my machine and now can't start up my computer. I have reset default settings and still can't start it. The screen is blank except for:

6x86MX
Installed
PR200

1.44M, 3.5 in.
None
LRG ,UDMA 5,25380 (and a triangle)

Can anybody help, please.
Chris D

A:startup/BIOS problems

Have you tried going through all the settings and have it redetect the drives. These sites might give you some good ideas..

http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/1.shtml

http://www.wimsbios.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-bios-problems.66520/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have updated N78 bios from 1.06 to 1.10http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swItemId=ob_164006_1&swEnvOid=419...Windows doesn't start after that, laptop goes to cyclical reboot (power starts, beep in two seconds, switch off and again and again)At following link german guys describing same issue with 16(!) laptopshttp://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Betriebssysteme-und-Software/nach-update-auf-BIOS-N78-V01-10-k... Why do you roll out bios updates with bug and didn't fix it for 3 weeks?

A:problems with new 1.10 update on N78 bios

For BIOS 1.101. Hitting F10 when you see the HP splash screen2. In the BIOS seelecting Apply Factory Defaults and Exit option.3. The unit will then power cycle two more times and boot into Windows.Please let me know whether above steps fix the issue or not.

I am an HP employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/problems-with-new-1-10-update-on-N78-bios/td-p/5605604
Relevancy 36.55%

What I used to do in XP was boot from dos, execute Afudos.exe and flash the .rom file for my Asus P5Q3-Deluxe-wifi motherboard.

This does not work anymore: ntfs cannot be accessed.
Tried the Asus cd that came with the motherboard, won't install in W7.
Now I don't really know how to flash a new bios.
Of course I checked out the Asus site, but it's a complicated mess and nothing can't be found on the subject...

Anyone?

A:Problems updating bios

There are several ways to do it.
1. Create a bootable dos floppy and do it from there.
2. If you don't have a floppy drive create a bootable CD or USB thumbdrive and flash from there.
I flashed my ASUS motherboard right from windows 7 x64. I just downloaded the latest (compatible) utility from the ASUS web sight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/109619-problems-updating-bios.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have been working on my friends computer as I am visiting cross country and trying to fix it up real good while i am here One of the issues was both of his CDROMs were broke he had so I bought him one Now that i ve removed the bad CDROMS, problems with having out BIOS Took CDroms i am recieving this Took out CDROMS, having problems with BIOS error upon turning on of the computer Phoenix Rom Bios PLUS Version A Drive not found Parallell ATA PATA- PRI IDE Master Drive not found Parallel ATA PATA- PRI IDE Slave Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility I am aware that the BIOS is trying to read those connectors and there is nothing attached so therefore shall we call it the machine is yelling at me So i press f to go into BIOS to disable the connectors and it is requiring for me to enter a password that neither I nor the owner of the computer know the BIOS password Is there a way to reset the password and or disable the ports another way I included the bios version incase that that would change how to handle the situation Thankyou The computer model is a Dell XPS stock with only a radeon hd series upgrade and RAM upgrade so far To briefly summarize as i said previously now i am trying to fix his CDROM issue as I we have purchased a new one to put in Any advisement would be greatly appreciated thankyou nbsp

A:Took out CDROMS, having problems with BIOS

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps400/sm/syssetup.htm#wp1053659

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/took-out-cdroms-having-problems-with-bios.1031588/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello my story is pretty long but I'll try to summerize it nbsp I bought an Acer TC- recently and noticed in time BIOS update problems that the onboard Realtek network card was working horribly After many attempts to fix this I decided to buy an individual network adapter TC- V because it had good reviews albeit cheap but that didn't fix anything either even if I BIOS update problems did find the right chipset driver I was thinking of buying an Intel network adapter which is considerably more expensive but I run on Windows x and apparently Intel doesn't have any drivers for that yet After a ton of research I found by accident the suggestion of updating BIOS even though it wouldn't guarantee that everything would be back to normal plus I'd heard that updating BIOS is risky so I BIOS update problems let that idea slide Then after too much frustration of disabling enabling the adapter several times a day I decided to look into the BIOS issue again and I discovered something interesting My BIOS version is P B L which according to this thread- nbsp http community acer com t Software-Solutions-and Acer-Aspire-XC- -unable-to-update-BIOS m-p nbsp -means that the version is for Linux nbsp because of the L letter at the end but my first OS is nbsp Windows nbsp and the version mentioned above is on the Windows compatible list on the Acer drivers list how is that even possible nbsp So my questions are as follows nbsp Is my Linux BIOS version creating BIOS update problems a conflict with Windows that's causing internet connection issues If yes The latest compatible BIOS version for Windows in my case is nbsp P A but upon trying to flash from Windows according to Acer instructions I got this error nbsp ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID Is it because my current version is for Linux If so is it possible to downgrade to P A for example and try flashing afterwards nbsp My specs are as follows nbsp i - GHz GB RAMGeForce GTX GB DDR TC- V Network AdapterBIOS version P B LWindows N x nbsp nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated I really don't want to buy another network adapter if it can be avoided Thank you

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I hope someone can help me with this I think I have seriously maimed my PC I can t problems and BIOS BSOD remember how when or where but I clicked on a link to upgrade my BIOS now my PC has started playing up After upgrading I went to click on a desktop BSOD and BIOS problems icon and the PC froze for ages then shut itself down On rebooting I got a BSOD and the same thing happened on a couple of reboot attempts Eventually got it started but looked like it was in safe mode no BSOD and BIOS problems XP colour scheme or start button task bar Now it wouldn t let me go any further no response from any icon or start button etc Powered down and restart Now I get motherboard splash screen never had it before Stuck on POST screen with the message - Hardware monitor detected a problem press DEL to enter BIOS Power setup or F to continue Press DEL and under Hardware monitor I have this - V Voltage V Exit and PC powers up after voice saying post complete booting from OS which also never used to happen Speakers now have a bad crackle from them too Probably not enough info but I hope someone can make sense of this HJT log just in case Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Autodata Limited Shared Service ADCDLicSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system UStorSrv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files YourWare Solutions FreeRAM XP Pro FreeRAM XP Pro exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com quot C Documents and Settings KEVIN Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vhm f w slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot http www google com quot C Documents and Settings KEVIN Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vhm f w slt prefs js O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO AltaVista Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- EA-EC A AE - C WINDOWS DOWNLO ALTAVI DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar AltaVis... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

I had a problem with the sound on my ladys comp. I tried getting help here, but nothing came of it. I searched the net to find a solution and found a forum that recommended following the instructions in the link they provided.

After following the link and following the instructions I arrived at "Reset the bios to its default settings". I wish I hadn't of done that !

I now get no signal to the monitor, and I have tried 2.
It is an ASUS motherboard

My lady is going to kill me. No sound is one thing, but no computer is another.

Any help appreciated.

A:bios problems, urgent if possible please

I think the problem might be with the video card drivers. By setting the bios to default I have removed the drivers for the video card, any way to reinstall them without seeing what you are doing ?

Or, it must onboard video. If I remove the video card will it possibly work then ?

******** UPDATE**********
Removing the video card worked partly.
I can at least now get to the desktop and my lady will never notice the video card missing. Not until she goes to play a game anyway

I reloaded the drivers for the video card and then reinstalled the video card, but that doesn't work. I have no monitor with the video card and cant install it will the computer running, so I cant even do a fresh install of xp and expect it to find the card as I cant have the card in while doing the fresh install.

Any ideas ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problems-urgent-if-possible-please.510181/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok I installed my new processor and booted up but in my bios it says 1.73 and the processor is a 2.6 and my mobo supports up to a 306 why doesnt my mobo just recognize the processor?, it says 2.6 1.73 when I check the properties in windows why does it say both and how do I fix this? Pentium 4 2.6 and a asus p4s8x-x

A:new processor bios problems

Have you got the fsb setting right in the bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-processor-bios-problems.195432/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hola f r iends I have a Gateway ML lappy and I wanted to allocate some ram to the videocard since it has gasp megabytes built in videocards stink huh So I m trucking along get into the BIOS see the option for video memory and with a grin try to select it to change it to or heck even but the BIOS won t let me select anything but the time and date No matter how nice I am or how hard I press it won t let me go down to select it the other menus all Alas! BIOS problems! have changeable options I m running PhoenixBIOS or so Alas! BIOS problems! it tells me Alas! BIOS problems! squints eyes So what s the deal Why am I unable to select and change the video memory Am I just being stupid Is it fixable or workaroundable Any help is much appreciated Thanks o intelligent ones EDIT BTW it isn t grayed out just isn t selectable Gateway ML Laptop MB RAM Integrated POS graphics Neato DVD Burner nbsp

A:Alas! BIOS problems!

That laptop has an Intel GMA950 graphics chip, it allocates 8MB automatically for the frame buffer (i.e. the 2D display, a 1280x800 display in 32bit colour uses 4MB of framebuffer memory) then dynamically adds extra RAM for 3D games if they require it, up to 64MB or 128MB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/alas-bios-problems.703860/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey Whats up. Im having trouble on my first build. After going through 3 motherboards Ive finally have gotten my comp to boot up (Forgot to put in Spacers.....Im an idiot) . Well After going into my bios Ive found that my CPU temp is at 89C (HOLY ****) Currently this is the bios reading it and im thinking that their read is wrong because my Mobo is only at around 25C and im thinking my CPU would of burnt out at 80C. So what do you guys think. Ive found that my CPU is at least 60C (I set my Bios to shut down my comp at 60C to test it.) and it might not be above 70C (did same thing as 60 but with 70 and it didnt shut down instantly) You think my CPU is really getting that hot? Either way I know im gonna get a new Heatsink/fan as soon as possible. What are your guys opinions?

A:CPU Cooling and bios problems.

Make sure the heatsink is on correctly. Many people do not install it correctly. First you need to remove the tape covering the thermal pad if the heatsink came with one. If the heatsink does not have a thermal pad then you need to apply thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink.

Next is to make sure the heatsink is seated properly over the CPU. Depending on what CPU you have, since you neglected to provide all the useful info, there may be a notch in the heatsink that needs to be lined up or make sure the heatsink is seated squarely in the bracket and that the bracket is isntalled correctly.

Finally make sure the CPu fan is spinning and there's nothing blocking the fan blades or the air flow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-cooling-and-bios-problems.344006/
Relevancy 36.55%

Will a Bios Chip still work if one of the pins on the chip are bent?

A:Bios Chip problems

If it fits in the slot, and the pins make contact with the socket pins, then yes. Pins being bent does not affect the storage medium - just the interface. However, if the pins do NOT make contact, or are bent to the point of making contact with the WRONG contact (especially more than one), THEN you have a problem. Pull the power to the computer AND the CMOS battery, check, double check, and triple check before powering up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-chip-problems.881779/
Relevancy 36.55%

I wouldn t call myself an expert by any means but this is the th computer I ve built and the second SATA based machine This latest machine is going to be my HTPC machine It has the following components MSI RS M -IL mobo Seasonic SuperTornado W PSU Athlon chip Please BIOS/SATA problems. Help. Western Digital WD JD Gig HD Gig PC RAM in DIMMs BenQ DVD RW drive Floppy drive and a few cards Here s the history of my install Assembled all components and flipped switch See all boot screens including all normal BIOS screens Enter BIOS Set boot order to CD Floppy HD Insert CD Procede to load Windows MCE with no problems DID NOT PRESS F TO INSTALL SATA DRIVER - USED WINDOWS DRIVER INSTEAD After intallation Windows boots and all looks good I do a few warm boots - no problems I try to do my first cold-boot and it locks on the first screen and won t let me enter BIOS even though it says to hit DEL to enter BIOS I try rebooting several times and I eventually get an error after the first BIOS screen saying the MASS STORAGE DEVICE IS NOT RECOGNIZED I load Windows a few more times and get the same problems I then like a doof try to mess with parts of BIOS I know nothing about and eventually lock myself out of the entire system and only get a black screen on boot up I return my mobo figuring I really messed up the BIOS and my supplier was kind enouph to send me another one same kind I install my new mobo and turn on the machine and it loads windows like nothing happened I then try to cold-boot and it displays the first screen with three logos on it and just freezes on that screen I then RELOAD windows again this time using the mobo SATA driver from the provided floppy disk Same problem after cold-boot I cold-boot about a dozen times all with the same problem windows BIOS/SATA problems. Please Help. won t load and I don t even get the option to get into the BIOS I just get that screen with the three logos on it My friend told me I probably don t get the option to enter BIOS because I m using a wireless keyboard mouse read on for more on this I don t have a quot wired quot keyboard and mouse handy so I check my ram by booting with one then the other thinking it might be bad ram no effect - same problem I go to bed feeling like I just spent hundreds of dollars on a machine that will never work I wake up and turn on my system and Windows boots I cold-boot and I get the same problem I take machine to a computer shop Cuz it BIOS/SATA problems. Please Help. s now completely beyond me We hook it up to their keyboard mouse monitor and Windows loads I cold-boot several times and it boots every time I m happy I figure it was the wireless setup The tech starts to help someone else and I cold-boot one more time The screen freezes on the first screen with the three logos I want to melt into the floor The tech comes over checks all settings in BIOS Can t figure out what s wrong He notices that I HOOKED TWO POWER CONNECTORS to my SATA drive and explains that is a very bad thing I asked him how we can determine if that was the problem BIOS/SATA problems. Please Help. He disconnected the SATA power and I O cable and tried to boot saying that we should at least get the BIOS Same problem Locks on first screen with three logos Which means that it has to be something ON THE MOBO RAM CPU BIOS SATA Controller etc I pay to leave it with him for diagnostics with absolutely no guarantee that he will even be able to tell me what s wrong I later talk with a friend who knows a thing or two about building machines and he theorizes that maybe the dual power hookup on my SATA drive sent to much current to the mobo and damaged the mobo s built in SATA controller and therefore the BIOS couldn t communicate with it properly CAN SOMEBODY HERE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MACHINE Any brilliant people out there that can save me from my bright ideas nbsp

A:BIOS/SATA problems. Please Help.

I would say the motherboard is at fault too.

If you just bought it then take it back to the shop and say it just won't boot. You will get a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-sata-problems-please-help.26158/
Relevancy 36.55%

I Reset the BIOS Problems BIOS Now Reset Theres files through the menu where you press F and now i can t Save Files Due to an Error Saying I Don t Have Reset BIOS Now Theres Problems Access Even Though I Am The Administrator I Have Gone In Safe Mode and I Changed Everyones Permissions To Be Able To Save And Write And Modify Local Disk C so I Tried Again Afterwards And Still Same Error Saving I Can Run Files But If I try To Save I get and Error Message About The Write Protection Or That The Drive Is Full Which It Isn t Any Ideas How To Fix It Cause It Is Kinda Annoying Could It Have Anything To Do With Me Defragging The Computer Earlier In The Day Or Is It BIOS settings Related -Don Know If This is The Right Section For This Question p s I Can t Even Save To A Removeable Disk I Can Save Pictures But I Can t Save Downloads Update I Can Save Things As Long As It Doesn t End in exe anything else i can save OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Controller Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Compaq h nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all I tried to look for the proper solution to this problem but I am not having the best luck I have an ASUS P L motherboard old I know with a PII RAM GB HD anyway I attempted to download the bios update from the ASUS site and I tried following the exact instructions for using the AFLASH EXE program but next to quot flash memory quot it says quot UNKNOWN quot and according to the instructions quot IMPORTANT If quot unknown quot is displayed after Flash Memory the memory chip is either not programmable or is not supported by Problems updating bios.... the ACPI BIOS and therefore cannot be programmed by the Flash Memory Write Problems updating bios.... utility quot as written here http www asus com support english techref bios index aspx So does this mean that I can t update my bios Or is there another way around this Oh yeah I am also having the same problem as I have seen in other threads with the PCI bridge being yellow flagged in device manager And I have not yet been able to get Problems updating bios.... a Problems updating bios.... PCI modem to be recognized on that system only an ISA even though other PCI devices are installed If time is money than I can definitely afford a new motherboard and processor by now Thank you everyone in advance for your help nbsp

A:Problems updating bios....

I don't think I'd proceed with the burning process seeing that message.

If the BIOS chip is removable, and you can find someone with a FLASH programmer, you can program it out of the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-updating-bios.173494/
Relevancy 36.55%

New here, new to Mac as I just switched over from PC to try it out for a year...

I think the easiest thing for me has been to run Parallels 3.0 on my mac, and run nero/dvdshrink on windows XP running on my mac. I do this for several software titles that are either only available on PC, or that mac doesn't have as good software available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-updating-bios.623816/
Relevancy 36.55%

hello everyone.

i have a pc that was dusted around, transported from one place to another in a car, formatted, had its ram and CPU heat sink and cooling fan replaced, and just beat around a lot in general (not literally... i was very careful doing all this).

now i got a POST fatal error, but the beep code is just 5-second beat, 5-second pause, 5-second beat, 5-second pause, 5-second beat, 5-second pause, 5-second beat... you get the idea. cant find this code anywhere on the internet, and i'm beginning to think this may not be a POST beep code at all... the computer has PHOENIX BIOS and is a HP Pavilion 751n.

Anybody got any ideas? please help...

A:Help with BIOS and booting problems

This link may help with the beep id'ing http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-bios-and-booting-problems.242905/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Folks,
I own an ASUS P8Z68-V LE Motheboard.
I made an downgrade of the bios. It went OK till the end but when reset the PC after the end of the procedure, the PC won't go. I can see the fans working and the power LED on but nothing comes on the screen and also i do not hear any bios Beep.
Please anybody can help me to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Enzo.

A:Problems after Bios Downgrade

Oh boy. That does not sound good.

A bad BIOS flash can "brick" a computer. Let us now hope that is not the case.

First: try a CLRTC procedure:
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the 3v battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time.
If you cannot get back into the BIOS after the CLRTC, then your next step will be to replace the BIOS chip.

You can order a chip from ASUS and solder it to the board yourself (or if you are fortunate, the chip will be the plug-in kind), or you can have a reputable service guy do it, or send the board back to ASUS for repair.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237211-problems-after-bios-downgrade.html
Relevancy 36.55%

hi,
i have a BIOS on my pc called:"Geforce 8500 GT"
with this BIOS i get blue screens. But i don't know where and how i can find the BIOS that fits with my motherboard.

can someone help me?

i have a vista ultimate with 64 bit

A:vista BIOS problems

Correct me if I'm wrong, bit Geforce 8500 GT is a video card, not a motherboard. Video cards have their own BIOS I believe...did you try to update this? Did you add or change anything before the blue screens started?

First thing I would try is to install the latest drivers for your 8500GT and they MUST be 64-bit drivers. In addition, download a program called CPU-Z and run it. When it opens, the third tab says "Mainboard". Click on it and post the information back here and we'll locate the proper BIOS for you.

nvidia drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...0.62_whql.html
cpu-z: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-bios-problems-407312.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Any help ideas suggestions welcome Hi for the record I m posting this from my notebook Let s see I tried updating my desktop computer s BIOS but it failed to do so though it gave me a CMOS checksum error on reboot However all my original settings not the default ones but my own customized BIOS CMOS settings where there just ok So I continued booting into Windows Then I checked BIOS version with Bios Problems Upgrade CPU-Z and it was still in old version So I tried to update again this time Windows restarted computer but the computer never passed from blank screen no BIOS screen no video bios information etc just blank I tried with the BIOS recovery CDs it s an Intel board but it doesn t read them I ve tried this method before burning the Bios Upgrade Problems BIO file into a blank DVD-R with another Intel board and it worked find but here it doesnt work My system specs - Motherboard Intel Desktop DG WH - CPU Intel Core Duo E - RAM Mb Kingston DDR - DVD drive Optiarc SATA That s barely all because I removed the other Mb and Gb memory Bios Upgrade Problems modules the disk the nvidia card motherboard has integrated Intel video etc This is exactly what I did I tried running BIOS Express Update tool from Intel It tried to restart Windows but it couldn t Whatever I thought it Bios Upgrade Problems was flashing but with Windows running this was mostly strange but I let it do for about minutes Lots of apps from system tray were killed during this strange shutdown attempt their icons disappeared as I passed the mouse over them Ctrl Alt Supr did nothing and trying to run taskmgr from Start gt Run resulted in error message saying that Windows was shutting down and couldn t create windows So I waited about additional minutes or more then restarted by pressing Restart button from case Computer restarted OK but didn t update BIOS Also told me about CMOS settings checksum error I just pressed Enter and nothing else happened but Windows booting and telling me it couldn t find C Docs and settings lt myusername gt Temp PBIOSIntel exe or something like that whatever let s say just TEMP IntelFooBar exe haha I didn t give importance to this Restarted computer to check BIOS settings they were my customized settings without modifications so checksum error where whatever this time it didn t give checksum error anyway Booted again into Windows closed all programs including explorer exe and run BIOS Express Update again this time from task manager yeah by explorer exe I meant explorer s process start menu everything got killed This time update program did reboot computer successfully by reboot I mean to make windows close everything and show the quot bye bye we re gonna reboot now quot message Then the blank screen appeared A black screen You usually see this blank screen for a second or two then BIOS messages Booting from hard disk etc But nothing appeared No BIOS messages No VGA BIOS initialization message too No beeps The monitor went into suspend state too The fans were spinning all leds were on it really looked like when in old times you plugged IDE cable the wrong way and the machine remained blank on boot well this looks exactly the same but I have no IDE cables drives at all SATA here So I booted notebook downloaded BIOS recovery file MQ P BIO burned to DVD-RW put into my desktop s drive powered down removed power cord waited for green led in mother to turn off removed yellow maintenance jumper then turned on again Nothing happened I ve done this before with a server at work which has an Intel motherboard too it remained at blank screen for about seconds while reading like a crazy on a DVD-R I d burned by that time then shown lots of text and asked me to press Enter to begin recovery process then lots more of text then asked to power down and put yellow jumper again did all that and voila But this isn t the situation with my desktop board Here it just doesn t read the DVD at all it reads as would any DVD drive when receiving power but nothing ... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys.

I just flashed the BIOS on my ASUS P5B-MX / WiFi-AP Motherboard. I upgraded from version 0501 to 0702. However, after the update i can't set my RAM to 667MHz as I could do before. It keeps it at 533MHz.

I use Transcend PC5300 RAM.

It also says "Unknown CPU detected. BIOS upgrade is required to unleash its full power." when I start my PC. However I press F1 and it continues to Windows.

Please help.

A:Problems After Upgrading BIOS

A BIOS update should allow the detection of more types of CPU, not fewer. It almost sounds like the "newer" BIOS is actually older.

Can you post a link to the BIOS updates you used? What problem forced you to the drastic need to update the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-upgrading-bios.118503/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am having trouble flashing my bios. When i boot from a xp pro floppy, I type C: which is the first step described to me here .......
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/BIOS_AMI.asp

after i type C: it says invalid drive specification, what am I doing wrong?

A:flash bios problems

Those instructions are obviously for someone running with a FAT32 formatted boot drive. Since you have XP and most likely are formatted NTFS, the C: drive is not recognized by the DOS floppy.

Make the boot floppy, and copy the FLASH stuff from the folder on the C: drive to the floppy. Run the same procedure, but execute the FLASH programming from the floppy.

NOTE: Unless you're fixing something significant with the BIOS upgrade, I recommend AGAINST doing it at all. You can easily render the MB inert by screwing up the FLASH of the BIOS. If you're doing it just to "stay current", don't bother.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-bios-problems.181833/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am very sorry if this is the wrong section to post in but I really can't find any other place to post this is Laptop specs HW Asus F E series laptop AMI bios Version Date Ok from the beginning - some friends put on a BIOS password on my laptop and forgot it Now I'm trying to get it off but no luck And I probably have messed something up already I've tried just about everything from Hiren's Boot CD nothing helped the password is still there But when starting up my laptop it beeps once and says that CMOS time date is password/ problems BIOS other not set and gives me options - to enter the SETUP or use default values both of them give the same result - it asks for a password When I get in my Windows I BIOS password/ other problems see that the time is reset to year I've also tried updating my BIOS with the same version and one lower with AFLASH it updated successfully but nothing really changed the password is still there and time still resets Today I changed the BIOS battery before putting the new one in there was no battery in for about - hours if not more hoping that it would fix something Well it didn't Checked the strings from BIOS some random letters and numbers came up but nothing that would work as the password Also for the last few days my Windows has crashed times giving a error code and after some searching it seems that it points to hardware failure My HDD has been clicking for the last few days too so I think it could be the culprit But today I connected it to another laptop and the clicking was gone Could the BIOS affect my HDD and cause the crashes I am quite desperate right now as I don't see anything else I could try I have backuped my necessary files and documents but still this laptop is vital for my studies right now and I can't buy a new one Does anyone have anything else in mind that I could try

A:BIOS password/ other problems

Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507066/bios-password-other-problems/
Relevancy 36.12%

Please note This thread originated on the Win forum but I conflict? problems - PNP BIOS? - restart IRQ was advised to try here in hardware as it may require a hardware expert to answer The System Zeos computer Phoenix Bios Pantera - - Build date Pentium Step B MHz MB RAM installed Win SE Hardware includes Turtle Beach Monte Carlo sound card Diamond Stealth Realtek PCI network card VERY OLD COMPUTER The problem Computer will shut down normally Computer will shut down to DOS mode Computer will not restart from shutdown screen CTR-ALT-DEL or messages such as quot You need to restart your computer for these settings to take effect quot Same occurs in Safe Mode The PNP BIOS? - IRQ conflict? - restart problems history This computer had Win installed PNP BIOS? - IRQ conflict? - restart problems amp everything in working order I inherited this computer without all the documentation amp discs I did fdisk and reformatted amp put Win SE on Even PNP BIOS? - IRQ conflict? - restart problems during the installation of Win the computer would not restart when prompted to do so I have installed all Windows updates shutdown supplement amp tried all the usual solutions Since I didn t have all the full documentation amp discs I just loaded up Windows amp it installed most of the hardware itself I had used the tool from driverguide com which saves drivers before I wiped Win off I used these backed-up drivers for the devices which Windows didn t find Mind you these were win drivers It appears that some of the hardware had special installation discs which included not just drivers but setup configuration utilities as these were on the hard drive before I wiped it I backed these files up also I didn t use these files during setup just installed the drivers Everything worked - the sound the network card the modem no problems EXCEPT that the computer will not restart from shutdown screen I have since tried using the setup file for the video adaptor but it didn t seem to install properly claiming a file was missing probably because it required a Win system file or something However the actual driver I installed obviously works Now to PNP BIOS and IRQ issues This is what I have In BIOS setup choice of recognising OS as PNP or not I have tried using it both ways Nothing in BIOS setup about IRQ steering In Device Manager - System - there is an entry for PCI bus On this the setting is for hardware detection rather than BIOS In the IRQ steering section the checkbox is checked for IRQ steering and the default tables are ticked However underneath the status shows that IRQ steering is disabled and the routing table cannot be found There is no entry in Device Manager - System for PNP BIOS or for IRQ holder for steering In Device Manager under the IRQ settings it shows an IRQ steering on IRQ and also the Realtek network adaptor is on IRQ If the sound card is enabled under Control Panel - Multimedia - Devices the settings for IRQ are shown for the audio the MIDI the Line Input Output etc The IRQs in use are and The parallel port is set to IRQ in the BIOS However in the Windows Device manager IRQ settings IRQ and are all shown as free Obviously windows isn t recognising these devices as using IRQs IRQ and are also shown as free - but I wonder are they Perhaps I have an IRQ conflict which is invisible to windows and hence to me Perhaps some of the hardware is set by jumpers I m not clued up on how IRQ works - just a little basic knowledge I m wondering if somehow that IRQ is causing the problem However I can t seem to change it to anything else I tried going in and deselecting the auto setting to change the IRQ setting but it wouldn t allow me to change it I ve read that sometimes a video adaptor needs to have an IRQ assigned to it in real-mode or it can cause problems How do I go about this I think this might be what the setup program does but I can t seem to get it to work properly Any ideas on how to tackle this nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am doing some pro-bono volunteer computer-repair work for an elderly woman Her HP BIOS, problems. other Need to Solved: flash and Pavilion n Solved: Need to flash BIOS, and other problems. P A XP system has a corrupt HD I reinstalled XP on a new HD and manually installed the drivers as I don t have the recovery partition or OEM recovery disk I ve run into a number of issues The proper audio driver seems to be a mystery I ve tried several based on Google searches but they don t take The AC driver installation results in the computer restarting itself halfway through the install The Soundmax driver install says I have the wrong hardware I cannot locate the chipset drivers which I assume might solve this issue The only driver downloads on the HP site for this computer are for things I don t need Nothing actually of any importance The main issue that I am hoping to get some help with here is that I seemed to have installed the wrong BIOS The computer was working fine with the exception of the audio until I updated the BIOS using the quot BIOS Update for GL VE Motherboards quot at this site http h www hp com ewfrf wc softwareCategory cc us amp lc en amp dlc en amp product I later learned there are two motherboards for the Pavilion n I guess I must have installed BIOS for the other model After installing this BIOS upgrade the system sits in a perpetual cycle starting windows but never fully loading to completion and restarting I want to return to the previous BIOS I should have never messed with it I do not know where to get this BIOS file and I do not know how to flash it What is the best way There are some very complicated methods online to make USB flash and CDROM dos boot disks but they seem overly complex and outdated What is the current most painless way of going about this I have a Windows machine that I can work on to make what I need Finding the proper BIOS for this computer has me concerned THANK YOU for any help you could provide to me -Ryan nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

I m trying to re-install Windows but I couldn t boot from the optical drive in the computer with the BIOS set to plus Optical Drive problems BIOS - First Boot Drive IDE-PI-HL-DT-ST DVDR Second Hard Disk Third Hard Disk and so connected up an external CD Rom drive and reset the bios to First Boot Drive Removable Second IDE-PI-HL-DT-ST DVDR Third Hard Disk Putting the Windows installation disk into this drive I still had the same result - it wouldn t run from there and so I think there may be a problem with my BIOS it doesn t seem to react to any changes for boot sequence This CD spins up in a non boot situation but my internal CD Rom drive seems to operate BIOS plus Optical Drive problems at will and when it does rarely it takes an age to start spinning There are no issues shown in device manager Any advice would be most welcome My computer spec is as follows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled Optical BIOS plus Optical Drive problems Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS Graphics PL HD email protected MB GeForce GT MSI nbsp

A:BIOS plus Optical Drive problems

The internal drive may be busted.

As for the external, you might need to specify that drive as the optical drive to boot from; removal in many BIOS's refers to floppy drives, media cards, or USB sticks more so then external CD\DVD drives.

Additional the Windows disc is a DVD, so if the external drive is only a CD(maybe you just misspoke) then it won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-plus-optical-drive-problems.1033410/
Relevancy 36.12%

i downloaded the abit flash utility from the abit website here w/ NF7-S, won't boot Problems flash BIOS w/ http www abit-usa com downloads bios flashmenu php i downloaded the BIOS for the NF -S series from here http www Problems w/ BIOS flash w/ NF7-S, won't boot abit-usa com downloads it is the link quot NF Series BIOS NF NF -S Revision amp NF -M quot then i followed the instructions found here http www abit-usa com downloads bioshelp php but instead of doing the floppy disk i used the flash utility i had already made the floppy disk and had transferred the extracted files to it when i realized i could just use the flash utility and it would do it all for me so i did the flash utility quot from file quot and selected the bin file that had been extracted the flash utility took it from there and it went fine and then told me it was going to reboot and i said okay than it rebooted but never booted back up i let it sit there for like minutes nothing on the monitor or anything then i realized that i had left the floppy in so i took it out and had to power it down by holding the botton for like secs then i turned it back on a still nothing it quot reads quot the hard drive the light is on for about secs but nothing else nothing on the monitor i tried the whole quot F quot or quot F quot but neither worked put in my windows CD and still nothing any ideas is there a way i can get it to boot from the floppy to quot re-flash quot the BIOS that is on there am i looking at a new motherboard or a new quot BIOS chip quot if there is such a thing nbsp

A:Problems w/ BIOS flash w/ NF7-S, won't boot

Look in the book that came with your mobo and find the clear cmos section and follow the instructions. This will reset your bios to its original state and it should buut up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-w-bios-flash-w-nf7-s-wont-boot.26939/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello so I recently built my own computer but used my old hard drive GPU and PSU and it New and Boot with Problems Computer BIOS has been working New Computer Problems with Boot and BIOS somewhat so far but there have New Computer Problems with Boot and BIOS been some strange issues I bought a new MOBO an ASUS Z as well as an i New Computer Problems with Boot and BIOS - Processor Recently sometimes the hard drive will not show up in the boot options and when Windows attempts to launch it goes to the blinking underscore where I have to press F to start windows manually where it works fine Otherwise it will go straight to BIOS and sometimes the HDD doesn't show up in boot manager and it's only the disk drive I'm pretty sure this is an issue with me not doing a clean swipe of the Hard Drive with a new MOBO I've seen online it can work and I have quot Other OS quot enabled in BIOS so it will launch I also just got a BSOD with x f Also this morning my computer would start but the Monitor and Keyboard wouldn't turn on at all The fans would sound like they were revving up so I reset the CMOS and it is working now This all seems really strange to me and I'm going to do a clean sweep but I would have to install USB Drivers with a Flash Drive into the MOBO since it's not possible to reinstall windows without it on this MOBO I really don't want to lose all of my data on the HDD If you need more information and are able to help it would be greatly appreciated ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name TIBBERS-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp ldr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver B Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model S HL Monitor Id ACR Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF- - EC BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID xE B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Ca... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401420-new-computer-problems-boot-bios.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello all here is a fast explanation of boot system BIOS and problems... the problem have a friend who allowed a past roommate to BIOS and system boot problems... quot update quot their pc he said he knew what he was doing well he put passwords in the bios on system start up on bios settings and on bios administrator these passwords are all different and this roommate has since been booted from the house and hasnt been seen or heard from for over a year ok here is my problem we have the password for system startup and we can use the pc for some things however the BIOS and system boot problems... pc does not recognize the cd drive nor the floppy upon startup i dont believe that there is any activity with the a or c drive which leads me to believe the bios is set to boot from c only because there is a password set in bios i cannot check boot sequence nor can i change it so i guess my question is is there a way to flash the bios without the system accessing the a or d drive OR is there a way to remove these freaking passwords so we can get the pc back up n running thanks oh p s i have removed both the floppy n the cd drive and both work just fine in a separate system so the hardware is not bad nbsp

A:BIOS and system boot problems...

depending upon the PC, you can erase the BIOS passwords with several methods. Some involve merely removing the CMOS battery and/or jumpering CMOS jumpers. Others are more intricate.

In general, if you are locked out in BIOS, there is nothing you can do until the BIOS is unlocked. BIOS functions are at the very core of the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-and-system-boot-problems.80074/
Relevancy 36.12%

when i turn my pc onthere is a screen that says ibm but does not say bios settings and in a instant it will go to a screen that has a line in the corner like this - and then it will go to a screen saying no operating system found.press f1 to repeat the boot seqence.Howdo i get my pc going andow do i get to bios,because f i press f2 or del it will do nothingand if i push f1 (before the whole no oper. thing)it will bring me to a menu saying confg. settings/setup utility,but not bios

A:boot problems/bios problem

What you describe sounds like you lost the master boot record on the hard drive.

Most likely this is the result of a virus or it could be a partial disk failure.

You could boot your xp cd and go into recovery console to see if the drive is still accessable. Otherwise, depending on your computer literacy level, you may want to take it to a local computer shop for analysis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-problems-bios-problem.739782/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ok I apologize if this gets too wordy Flashing BIOS Any Ideas?? Problems!! My problem is about and half years in the making It all starts with my video card I previously had a Visiontek Geforce mx The MB card I have an ABIT KG Slot A motherboard and an Athlon TBird Ghz processor I started getting blue screen stop errors and a nice variety of them at that And they sometimes had references to the video card drivers These occured when I tried to run graphic BIOS Flashing Problems!! Any Ideas?? intensive games So I update the drivers System became very unstable no matter what was running Got many blue screen stop errors So I system restored then tried different drivers first time I used windows update drivers then visiontek drivers and lastly NVidia drivers Everytime I tried new drivers the system became unstable So I used system restore got fed up and left it Everything was fine I just couldn t run any games I still got random stops but not frequent enough for me to care I just gave up my gaming So I had convinced myself it was an operating system problem So on a new formatted hard drive I installed fresh Windows XP pro As soon as I get into the OS for the first time I installed nothing Didn t even get the chance to And I get a blue screen stop with reference to the video card Disgusted I boooted into the old OS and left it again This time I was convinced it was the BIOS Flashing Problems!! Any Ideas?? video card I thought it went bad So finally I buy a new card I installled it and booted into my fresh install of windows XP pro that had nothing installed on it yet I install the drivers for the new ASUS RADEON SE card I bought and I thought everything was going to finally work Well I got another error I was in shock So I try the ASUS drivers No dice ATI drivers no dice So I m out of drivers to try and my system is still unstable So while sifting through the error logs I find the infamous ACPI Bios error Something about it BIOS Flashing Problems!! Any Ideas?? referencing illegal memory in a certain range Can t remember the exact wording But it says that it could be that the BIOS on the motherboard needs to be updated Could that have been the problem all along I start reading and I find out that this problem does occur with an old BIOS and Windows XP I check ABIT for a BIOS update My BIOS is from October of and the most recent one for my board is March of So I am a bit out of date So gleefully I start preparing to flash the BIOS hoping that my problem with finally be resolved I make the boot disk and everything Given I ve done this about a dozen times before as I am computer Techie But it does still scare the out of me So I m ready to do it I boot the computer from the disk run the awdflash exe with the new BIOS it goes into the flashing procedure And then it locks up Right when it said Programming flash memory it stops responding I let it sit for about an hour I was horrified that the flash failed I checked times to make sure I had the right BIOS So very scared I reset the computer And thank god the old BIOS is still in place So I m back where I started with no updated BIOS I then tried up to revisions back of updated BIOS for my board and they all did the same thing I tried a different version of awdflash exe Same thing Tried different commands same thing I just can t get the BIOS to flash So that is where I am now with it I am at my wits end here I ve tried everything I know to do and I want to flash the BIOS so bad as I do believe that will solve my problems but the computer just will not do Keeps getting stuck in the flashing procedure Luckily after I leave it for an hour hoping the flashing procedure will complete and I reset nothing appears to be harmed but it is showing that the original BIOS is still in place Can someone please help me Is there some kind of setting in the CMOS that I am missing that stops the BIOS from being flashed What in the world would cause it not to flash like that I ve never seen it before And lastly... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

Ever since I updated to the Instde F.47 Bios I am having troubles with my computer.  Here are my problems 1. Time and date isn't working. Always having to reset it2. checksum error (512) when booting.3. Constant messages that My USB port doesn't recognize an unnamed device that's not even attached4. Can't access BIOS upon startup. I realize that computer troubleshooting is complex, but I'm wondering if this is all related to my BIOS update, or if it is a general failure of the computer - for example a bad CMOS Battery. I've doneall the troubleshooting recommended by HP. Done a system restore etc. etc. etc. So please, no generic answers. Can I roll back my BIOS? If so, how? Thanks for anybody who replies with useful information!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Multiple-Problems-Since-Bios-Upgrade/td-p/5621354
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Radeon HD 4650 graphics card. When I had it in my computer I do not get BIOS options and my monitor is dark until the welcome screen, without it in I get these options. Also if I force shutdown my computer I do not see the safe mode 'countdown' screen but without the graphics card I do. I need to have my card in so I can enter BIOS and select it over the current graphics im using. Anyone know how to make it so I can solve this problem? Thanks.

A:Graphics Card Causes BIOS Problems

Need more information about your motherboard brand/model and BIOS.

Why don't you put the card in, but still connect your monitor to the onboard graphics VGA/DVI/HDMI connector from the motherboard? That way your BIOS will see the external HD4650, but will also put out what you say is still coming out through the onboard graphics chip.

If you have onboard graphics, and you're trying to go to an external video card of the HD4650, isn't there an "auto" setting in the BIOS? I would think that should detect the presence of an external video card and use it over the onboard graphics.

Anyway, for the moment I'd leave the monitor connected to the onboard connector if you say connecting it to the HD4650 isn't working. Then you can make your BIOS adjustment, and then re-connect and reboot and you should be there. Yes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230730-graphics-card-causes-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

HP Pavillion n MB RAM - MB Video or pavillian BIOS hp problems IDE 513n card I am guessing as that is what i found in the BIOS ghz Intel celeron MBit hp pavillian 513n IDE or BIOS problems ethernet aftermarket Hardrive gb test drive that I am using WinXP HOME Hello everyone I am having problems repairing a client s computer This computer has had me at bay for a couple of weeks now The problem is that once i get past the HP logo i get a blinking line as if it s trying to detect the operating system but hp pavillian 513n IDE or BIOS problems failing at the same time BUT the reason i don t think the hardrive doesn hp pavillian 513n IDE or BIOS problems t have an Operating system on it is because it would normally say quot DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM BOOT DISK quot or something like that It has to do with either the bios being corrupy or the IDE controllers are Dead the other problem is that i don t think that the IDE controllers are Dead becuase it reads the Hard Drives and the Cd Drive I am wondering now if I should try a PCI to IDE card but how would it load the operating system if there are no drivers for the IDE card to work ANY help would be FANTASTIC nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillian-513n-ide-or-bios-problems.728202/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a motherboard GIGABYTE B150M-D3H DDR3.
Can you help me please?

I have problems to pass Windows 10 to Windows 7.

Where are in the bios of my motherboard the steps 1 and 2? I don?t find them.

Step 1: Change Mode UEFI Bios to Mode Legacy
boot > boot mode (enter) > select legacy bios (enter) > save changes

Step 2: Disabled Secure Boot
authentication > secure boot (disabled)
boot > Launch csm (always) > save changes

Thanks!

A:Windows 7 x64 install (BIOS problems)

Hi valves, welcome to the Forum.

If you want to get into the BIOS, press the Delete key repeatedly just after starting the computer. This should open the motherboard set up so you can change various items which can be found by paging through the various screens while you are in set up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398609-windows-7-x64-install-bios-problems.html
Relevancy 36.12%

What is the best way to flash Bios update on 64bit OS? CD-rom w/ 5cjy77usa.exe does not work. Says no boot filename received (PXE-E53). It is for M58-6234-A1U

A:Problems w/ Flash Bios Update via CD-rom.

Download the CD ISO file, and 'burn' to a CD.   Boot from that CD, you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS if it doesn't go to that drive before the HD.   It may ask if you want to change the model and serial number, reply No. 

Burn a Disc Image from an ISO or IMG file in Windows 7

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Problems-w-Flash-Bios-Update-via-CD-rom/td-p/3439959