Windows Support Forum

Replacement PSU's keeps failing

Q: Replacement PSU's keeps failing

Hello everyone Ok I haven t posted in a while Replacement failing PSU's keeps as I Replacement PSU's keeps failing have bought a Replacement PSU's keeps failing new PC This actually concerns my old pc that I gave to my friend The thing is I have recently found out that the pc has had Power Supplies that have failed in about a year s time Each of these Power Supplies wasn t a cheap model They were collectively well known brands I have asked my friend to tell me what is the current model and wattage of the current PSU My question is what could cause a repeated failure of decent Power Supplies My friend isn t much of a techie and he surmised that it maybe is the Motherboard This Desktop PC is about years old It is an AMD Dual Core Gig RAM DDR The Motherboard is a Gigabyte KA- N SLI and it has currently an ATI video Card I think it s a HD Anyway I originally had a W power supply which couldn t handle the strains of the new video card and the computer s PSU failed As I was working full time in a very stressful job Replacement PSU's keeps failing I did not have the means to buy a new PSU and install it myself as I would have normally The end result was we took it to the shops and spent odd dollars AU dollars for the Power Supply itself for a Watt Power Supply and within to months that power supply failed Currently the PC works intermittently It sometimes turns on and works fine and recently the last days it does not even turn on I just don t understand how a good brand PSU can fail so quickly My friend thinks it might be the Case Fans as the case I had it in had was a gaming case with big mm fan in the front of the Case and two mm fans to the side He seems to think maybe it is the fans chewing up power but I tend to think not as I ran several peripherals when I had that PC and I was a power user compared to my friend who basically only occassionally uses it and he generally only uses it for old games like Neverwinter NIghts I can t seem to get my head around a possible solution My theories are as follows Power Outlet faulty I thought maybe there was a overload at the power socket where the PC is plugged in or possibly the whole house as he said he thought of that and has moved the plug in for the PC around Motherboard If it was the motherboard would it not make those beeping sounds at start From what I have gathered talking to my friend it appears that since the PC hasn t started it has been making distinctive beeps indicating a hardware fault My PC noob friend has stated maybe it was the connection between the MB and the PSU but I thought that was preposterous as the connection wires would be coming from the PSU and not the MB so the chances that PSU cables to PC are faulty just sounds impossible Memory I have not seen the PC myself and only spoke to him on the phone but I will be going over to his house on the weekend to have a look and if need be bring the PC over to my place to take it apart and start testing each component separately to find the fault Also my friend says maybe its just wear and tear But surely that does not make sense I used to own this PC and I was a heavy gamer I played in the years - quite heavily with this pc and I had several joysticks and that was when it had a w Antec Power Supply with absolutely no issues I do know that a mutual friend apparently fixed it last time it broke down PSU He apparently replaced the PSU and gave the interior a clean with compressed air I have a sneaking suspicion he might have tweaked the voltages but again I am not sure and I will be confirming with this technician tomorrow I have instructed my friend to run a dxdiag and send the file to me so I can post it with this thread but I don t think that is gonna happen as it sounds like the PC wont load to windows Can someone please give me clues to how to go about indentifying the core problem here Am I on the right path with my analysis I just can t fathom that it could be the motherboard Is it possible for a faulty motherboard to cause failure of brand new decent model PSU units nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Replacement PSU's keeps failing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Replacement PSU's keeps failing

If the psu's are failing like that, chances are something is causing the issue (the odds of that many psu's failing that quickly is very low)

Test the Psu's on another system for starters to see if they are actually bad. That could at least let you make sure it's not something else causin the problem.

I would also try other outlets because a faulty plug can be an issue (plus use a power strip, it helps protect your machine ).

I do not think its the motherboard or the video card as if it was, they would not be functional period. It can also be heat/stress on the psu if the psu is getting to hot due to location or if there's lots if dust build up causing it to fail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-psus-keeps-failing.193810/
Relevancy 58.05%

My WD BEVT- ZCT HDD is failing System has been trying to boot to Network on and off ever since yesterday evening the first time this happened was in August but unlike then this is reoccurring over and over Broadcom UND Failing Questions HDD Replacement - I PXE- v Copyright C - Broadcom Corporation Copyright C - Intel Corporation All Rights Reserved Broadcom Base Code PXE- v Copyright C - Broadcom Corporation Copyright C - Intel Corporation PXE-E Media test failure Failing HDD - Replacement Questions check cable PXE-M F Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM Operating System not found Yes the HDD is set to boot first however when it let me get into the BIOS it claimed there was no HDD under IDE completely blank and under the Information it also said quot None quot for both IDE values there as well and the Event Viewer when I was briefly able to get into the OS last night also had several entries about IDE failing to respond so there we go It's definitely the HDD There is no way the cable is simply unplugged it's never been dropped or bumped nor is it the motherboard as it is powering everything else on just fine Though I must comment this is very strange in that the HDD makes no noise must be the circuit board Whatever Anyway I'm wondering which type of HDD I need IDE or SATA Failing HDD - Replacement Questions I II without having to rip it out so I can order the proper replacement definitely NOT the same drive or does it matter This is the HDD I had in mind figure I might as well get a slightly better one as far as RPM and MB cache is concerned Amazon com Western Digital WD Scorpio Black GB SATA II RPM MB Cache Bulk OEM Inch Mobile Hard drive - WD BPKT Electronics Unless anyone else can find something better for the same price range Please do recommend Also if anyone knows how to replace them on this model of Acer Aspire PG- I would appreciate the info I haven't managed to get inside the casing yet it's being stubborn I think they might have stripped the screws when they put it together because they definitely don't want to come off for me Thanks

A:Failing HDD - Replacement Questions

This for desktop with SATA:
SATA DVD CD Drive - How to Install
SATA Hard Drive - How to Install and Setup
the base of both tutorials are the same for IDE.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199752-failing-hdd-replacement-questions.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi My GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce series - GV-N TSL- GI is failing I have multiple monitors and have tried it on another and it is actually worse the monitor shuts on and off and also goes to grey sparkles The card is the issue and I think it has a year warranty so I will return it for repair replacement What I need from our team of experts is a recommendation for a replacement My other main machine replacement GT recommendations failing please 9800 need has a Radeon GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - ATI - PCI Express Solution - Radeon HD series - GV-R SL- GD I don't have to have a silent one but something to best both of them would be preferable I have up to maximum If I go with a Radeon card I have Windows OS and Linux Mint to reconfigure Is it still a royal PIA to go from Nvidia drivers to AMD drivers I don't want to have to do multiple reinstall of OS just for a slight increase in performance Less noise is more important I'll GT 9800 failing need replacement recommendations please most likely be getting the card from New Egg then climbing around in the loft for GT 9800 failing need replacement recommendations please the box to ship the bad card back in When I get the card back repaired that will go in the Home Theater PC GT 9800 failing need replacement recommendations please which uses on board at the moment Thanks in advance for your help and advice

A:GT 9800 failing need replacement recommendations please

Indianatone, here is one in your price range

650 TI

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/288118-gt-9800-failing-need-replacement-recommendations-please.html
Relevancy 56.76%

seems my linksys single port router is dropping connections and failing to update server?
comcast has checked line and new motorola 5100 and says problem it's not there.
I reset or power down the router and my connection comes back
so just for the #$$%% of it going to replace
anyone with cable setup and or comcast network needa decent router for under 100.00.
Thank You for your Opinions in advance

A:linksys router failing,opinions on replacement

Tigerdirect:
SMC SMC7004VBR 10/100Mbps 4-Port Broadband Router (Recertified)
The SMCCable/DSL Broadband Router SMC7004VBR is the ideal networking solution for business users that are looking for a complete networking solution.
$10.97
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Sort=0&Nav=|c:198|c:584|&Recs=20#

I have an SMC7008ABR 8-port from them, also recertified=refurbished (no longer stocked, were $34.99)
Works like a charm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-failing-opinions-on-replacement.25486/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

HDD - WD 7500BPKX model.

My 6 month WD - Black Drive all of a sudden started to fail. Got Win-7 error dialog box that an error has occurred and I need to back up data before HDD fails (something like that, not exact words). Intel SMART also fails.

Now I get only SMART failure and I go to Intel Rapid Storage and set the HDD to normal.

Called WD who are sending in a replacement.

I used Kari's tutorial to set my User Profile on another partition while installing Win-7
So System is on C:\;
VMs on D:\
User profiles to E:\.
Most important Data on F:\

I am trying to figure out the best way to clone this HDD to the new one that I'll be receiving shortly.

Any pointers/guidance would be highly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/381525-hdd-failing-need-clone-replacement-hdd-tips-needed.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My laptop hp 15-n029sg was showing the imminent hard drive failure message. I have checked the hard drives through "Check Now" options. Every time I scan some problem is found and I fix it accordingly. But then again it shows some problems are found when scanned again. Is there any way I can find out where the problem is gone or not? Eventually I guess I have to replace the hard drive. Can anyone suggest the proper i.e compatable hard drive for my laptop?

A:Replacement of Imminent Failing Hard disk

Hi, The drive on the link below is an example of one that would be fine for your notebook.  1Tb Notebook Hard Drive. The procedure to replace the Hard Drive starts on Page 77 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. Once done, simply use your Recovery Media to reinstall the Operating System on the new drive - this procedure is detailed in the following HP document. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643 If you don't have your Recovery Media, see if you can order a replacement set using the link below. Order HP Recovery Media.  If you have any problem with this link, try ordering this directly from HP. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-of-Imminent-Failing-Hard-disk/td-p/5599970
Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NSWAA Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi So the wonderful people here have helped me out before and I m hoping they can do the same again About two weeks ago I had an incident where randomly my laptop started typing gibberish instead of the actual keys I was pressing For example on pressing quot e quot I got something like quot ce d quot or something It did this in my browser in Skype in Windows password entry and search and in MS Word so I figured it must be a keyboard error I to programs/pages and randomly Keyboard failing open failing m not exactly the carefullest of people so it didn t seem unreasonable that a crumb or Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open something had gotten in to the keyboard and was disrupting things I tried various fixes - vacuuming my keyboard attempting to download new keyboard drivers from Toshiba and running MBAM but to no avail Eventually I gave up and went to bed Lo and behold come morning everything was working as normal again and I carried on life as usual Then yesterday I randomly Keyboard randomly failing and programs/pages failing to open got BSODed I made a backup because I was pretty convinced it was a warning sign Then this morning I open my laptop to type in my password and the keyboard is simply not responding When I press the quot Accessibility quot button to get up the On-Screen Keyboard this doesn t work either but when I press quot Switch User quot it re-loads my account I have only got one account and then the quot Accessibility quot button seems to work and lets me use the On Screen keyboard to enter my password When I log on I try to open Chrome and it comes up with the quot Properties quot window It opens when pressing Right Click Open but double clicking brings up Properties Same with all other desktop shortcuts I try typing into MS Word and it works but then I try typing in to Chrome and it also works Then it stops again and upon clicking a link to another page on a website my laptop tries to download the website instead of opening it and right click stops working too I am using a trackpad I ran an MBAM quick scan which found nothing and I am currently running a full scan Now the keyboard seems to have returned to life but obviously this being its second stint of breaking I am hoping to figure out if this is just a problem with my keyboard or with my whole computer and what I should look to do to fix it Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

1 I boot up my computer and try to log in. I get a user profile failed loggon message.

2 I google it and try to follow this guide

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

3 I boot up in safe mode and everything just goes black and unresponsive. Been like it for about ten minutes now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/profile-failing-to-log-on-error-followed-by-failing-to-boot-in-safe-mode.1133161/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently, I got a message telling me to backup immediately because my hard drive was failing. I pulled out the portable hard drive to do a backup only to be rejected by windows backup at 57%.
The only conclusion I can reach is that the damaged portion of my hard drive is the bit that deals with copying files, because I've tried a manual backup too.
This really freaks me out because I have done some important work in the last month since my last backup that I do not want to lose.
Any help would be much appreciated! I feel like there is no solution to my problem but I really want to try!

A:Failing hard drives and failing backups

Hi and welcome to TSF this might be of help Free Backup Software: Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition - Overview

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failing-hard-drives-and-failing-backups-664935.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys,
I was hoping to replace a e4500 with a q9650, the motherboard is p5qpl vm. The computer works without any trouble at all with the e4500 but when I put the q9650 in the computer runs normally for about 30-35 seconds and then shuts off, and if I turn it on again it does the same but a bit shorter maybe 10 seconds. Is this a heat issue on the q9650? Or should I just get rid of my q9650

I've updated bios and replaced the fan with a more powerful one. Still the same issue.

Any help would be awesome!!

A:CPU Failing?

Hi and welcome to TSG.

For clarity, can you confirm that this is your motherboard?

http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P5QPLVM/

If this is a custom, self build can you confirm the make and model of the GPU, RAM, power supply etc? Are you overclocking at all? Might be worth resetting BIOS defaults to be sure nothing odd going on there.

When you put the new CPU in did you full clean the heatsink and reapply new thermal paste?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-failing.1143807/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all failing HDD's my All keep I have yet another strange problem with my computer It seem that every HDD i put in this computer fails within a week or so All the drives start off with no bad sectors or reallocated sectors Then after a couple of days S M A R T reports that the drive has reallocated sectors At first this does not worry me that much until the reallocated sector count starts rising by All my HDD's keep failing the minute After about or so days in my computer the drive starts to make windows run very unstable and i start seeing alot of blue screens After awhile the drive fails I brought a second hand Maxtor GB HDD for my computer because the computer cant handle any bigger drives then that computer is year When i first got it it had no reallocated sectors Then after a couple of weeks Windows xp started to crash alot I decided to try and do a reinstall Big Mistake i tried installing every os i have XP NT but not a single one would install I installed windows k on an old GB drive i have and set the GB as a slave I ran a hard drive monitoring tool on the GB and saw that the hard drive had reallocated sectors A short while after that the hard drive completely faild Now my GB is also getting reallocated sectors and has gotten in the last days It to started off with none I tried switching ide cables around and using a different one with the hard drive but that did not work I also tried removing my IDE Controller drivers and just tried using the stock Windows k ones but that also did not work What could be causing this problem Could it be the motherboard or would it be something else I also have a GB seagate drive that also got reallocated sectors in this computer but i removed that drive before it got too bad This drive only has nbsp

A:All my HDD's keep failing

Have you tried a brand new drive? Perhaps all those old drives were just faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-my-hdds-keep-failing.91052/
Relevancy 30.1%

this has been a strange problem with my pc last week when i turned on my pc i beg i my pc me!!! failing? please help T_T please you is noticed the desktop is takingalot longer to load than usual i waited for mins before my desktop is fully booted the internet connection has slao stopped completely windows cannot connect to the net at all even though everything was working fine the last time i had my pc on i then checked NORTON antivirus and it reports to me that it is damaged and needs to be reinstalled i is my pc failing? please i beg you please help me!!! T_T thought maybe a virus has already been damaging my system so i format my hardrive and reinstall windows yes i format my hardrive everything is gone i reinstall windows and everything was clean afterwards when windows has finished installing i install norton firewall and antivirus i then connected to internet and updated everything then restart after that i continue using my pc like i always do however When i turned on my pc again yesterday i realized the problem has returned my desktop is taking mins to boot windows fail to connect online i didn t know what i did wrong i didn t put in any disc with virus or download illegally i had adaware installed i don t understand in anger i again format my entire hardrive FOR THE THIRD TIME and reinstall everything from the start i install norton again and connect to the net i then starts a online game and leave it unattended for about half a day when i returned to check on it i noticed the internet has stopped for no reason i restart my pc and well you know the same problem returns yet again for the third time just now i finished formatting my hardrive and reinstall windows i didn t connect to the internet and guess what everything is fine yes i restart countless times my desktop didn t boot slowly there s nothing wrong with my system at all so why am i having that strange problem whenever i connect to the net dispite the fact that i have full protection from av and fw and adaware i m using windows XP with sp my PHONE COMPANY gave me a VOIP modem that provide both phone connection and internet connection via voip connection i already phone their customer service asking for help but they all said it s my pc s fault and not theirs i know for certain it s not my firewall blocking my internet connection and causing problems i have fully up to date norton antivirus protection i also know it s not my lan card s fault as i have an new asus motherboard with lan built-in and i was able to connected to the internet everytime i format my hd and reinstall windows my SATA hitachi drive is brand new and working fine like i said the moment i connect to the net and restart my pc a couple of times the desktop would boot slowly and my internet connection would fail i didn t do anything that could cause all of this so damn it what s causing this right now i didn t connect to the internet and my system is completely fine after alot of restarts my system is working perfectly without internet so i know that the problem must come from my isp could it be that there s a virus on THEIR MASTER SEVER whenever paided customers like me connect online to my isp the virus on their master sever barges to my pc destorying it please help please i beg all of you please help i don t know what to do please help me nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Everytime I turn on my laptop this shows up :

Checking file system on c: file system is ntfs
One of the disks have to be checked for consistency.

First I let it finish but then it didn't show anything so I shut down my laptop by holding the power button. Now everytime I turn on my laptop i press ENTER because it says to press it within 10 sec to cancell the checking.
I googled this and I installed 2 softwares , HD Tune and Crystal Disk .

This is what they show :
Can I fix it ?

A:I think my HDD is failing , PLEASE HELP

All of those things are giving you warnings of a pending hard drive failure. I would run chkdsk and see if it can help. but personally I would not trust the drive. It is also entirely too hot and may be an indication of cooling problems. That should be attended to right away. Overheating is one of the biggest killers of all computer components. You can download the manufacturer of your hard drive's diagnostic test, but I would suggest backing up your personal files to an external source now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330515-i-think-my-hdd-failing-please-help.html
Relevancy 30.1%

So i found my old Verbatim Store'n'go 8GB USB that i got as a gift. It opened just normally then i discovered it was failing, here are 2 reasons.

1. It gave me an error message while making an folder.

3. I can't format it.

Can somebody please link me to a tool that fixes this? I really need the USB.

A:Failing USB

Hmm, try Tools for OSForensics - ImageUSB - Write an image to multiple USB Flash Drives to zero the USB. Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371510-failing-usb.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My computer will automatically reboot from complete shutdown after about 30 minutes.

Googling the problem, says it might be a failing PSU.

Can someone read this chart and advise if the PSU is going bad?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Failing PSU?

I can't tell anything from that info.
Do you have a multimeter you can use?

To clarify: you turn the PC OFF (not sleep, not hibernate) and approx. 30 minutes later it starts all by itself?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330453-failing-psu.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Ive been having this problem The wire from my CPU fan Black Wire because loose and fell of the fan So i used a solder and placed it back in the middle When i put it back Cpu [help!!!!!!!!!!] Failing Fan in and plug the power cord in the connector and turn on my pc the fan doesn t spin but everything else loads so i turn off my computer incase it overheated I then decided to try place the plug into different power points I have power supply for fans JP Power Fan Without RPM sensor JP Cpu Fan Failing [help!!!!!!!!!!] System Fan With RPM Sensor and JP Cpu Fan With RPM Sensor First i put plug it into JP for the cpu b and the fan doesn t spin then i tried JP and it didn t spin either Now i tried JP and it spins My Spec p mhz mb sd ram tnt m x creative sound gigabyte GA- VXC - X Need Help I want it to spin when i put it on JP -for the cpu Was there a problem with my soldering Or did i sort circuit my mobo Cause i can boot into windows and but with the cpu fan on the Power Fan i keep getting errors- Check System Health CPU FAN failed thnx nbsp

A:Cpu Fan Failing [help!!!!!!!!!!]

need help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-failing-help.5498/
Relevancy 30.1%

ok so a couple of weeks back the pc started to flash up error messages on boot such as - bootmgr is corrupt system cannot boot -a disk read error occurred press Ctrl Alt Del to restart - block of text status xc e info an unexpected I O error has occured - BSOD - stop x B xfffff a xffffffffc -the file is possibly corrupt the file header checksum does not failing? must be something match the corrupt checksum BSOD - stop x wimfsf sys these have now STARTED APPEARING AGAIN shock to try combat the st something must be failing? time windows bit was reinstalled clean over times that failed so we bought a new hard drive connectors brand new version of windows ultimate bit new CMOS battery these have not helped but what i dont get is why if i load up and do a memory diagnostic upon restart it works fine once it is on a restart will work a shutdown followed by IMMEDIATE turn on will work but if its something must be failing? shut down and left for like an hour its back to the errors in my opinion i think maybe the MOBO is something must be failing? failing in some way am i right wrong you have a fix please any help will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

I have a Seagate 1.5tb External Hard Drive that has suddenly stopped working.

It takes a long time to connect to laptops and when it finally does connect after several attempts, it will not transfer files. I can copy a file from the HD to the desktop, however the file was corrupted.

The weird thing is that I can still plug the HD into the TV and it loads and plays straight away.

I am now trying to run chkdsk, but it is hanging at 13%. Not even sure if I should let it continue.

The only thing i can think is that i damaged it when i knocked it over a little while back?

Not sure what is wrong and how to fix it. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,

A:WD HD failing

So is it a WD or Seagate? But both have diagnostics on their websites that can be downloaded to test the physical drives. That would be the first step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-hd-failing.933960/
Relevancy 30.1%

Recently, upon cataloging my CDs that I have burned over the past few years, 25 out of 60 were unreadable. I had never had a CD go bad before and am wondering if I am storing them improperly. For the most part, they are in the hard plastic thinline cases and stored on edge in a plastic storage bin. The bin is right by my computer desk and is, of course kept warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better way to store them, or is this what I should expect as the norm?

Thanks
Peg

Relevancy 30.1%

This is a long one so I apologize in advance This is all I ve been doing for the past three days so I ve compiled a lot in that time I m having an issue with low frame rate in games and just general sluggishness At first I thought it was a video card issue but after running some performance tests that doesn t seem CPU? Failing to be the case The tests would get choppy and read that I was getting FPS on average but the overall scores came back good enough This all started while I was playing World of Warcraft a few days ago I normally get a solid FPS on Ultra settings and all of a sudden I was getting - on Low I first did a re-install of the game to make sure it wasn t related Failing CPU? to that Then I checked some other games and it was the same story I then re-formatted my drive and did a clean install of Windows No change A friend of mine happens to have the exact same system as I do We built them within a month of Failing CPU? each other The only difference is that I have gigs of RAM and he has We got on MSN last night and ran PassMark s performance test to compare our results His scores were on par right about where they should be and in a few cases higher than average His overall score was in the s while mine was in the s Here s a screenshot of my results when compared to the average with the same specs http img imageshack us img perfres gif I ve tried posting on another forum and people are helping me with it but I need to get this resolved as soon as possible Luckily I just started my winter break from school but come January I really need my computer in top shape So I m hoping someone in these parts can offer some help I ran MemTest for hours and it came back with errors I also ran CPU-Z and here are screenshots from the results there Note I ve since flashed my BIOS to F They are up to date and it didn t change anything CPU http img imageshack us img cpuk jpg Caches http img imageshack us img caches jpg Mainboard http img imageshack us img mainboarda jpg Memory http img imageshack us img memoryx jpg SPD http img imageshack us img spdi jpg Graphics http img imageshack us img graphicsd jpg It may be worth mentioning also that I ran the Windows Experience Index assessment For those that may not be familiar with it it gives you a score from to My score currently is Everything seems to be fine except for Processor Processor Memory Graphics Gaming graphics Primary hard disk I m thinking that something is wrong with the CPU but I don t know that for sure My CPU is under warranty but I can t really afford to send it back wait for a new one to come in and then find out that that wasn t what was wrong and have to go through the whole thing again By then my term will have started and I ll need my computer Gaming is very undesirable currently playing videos causes usage spikes and stutters and I can t seem to run very much without noticeable lag Before this started happening I could run a game Media Player Firefox Winamp and Instant Messaging programs at the same time without a problem I wouldn t do that necessarily but I could Now if I run a game and nothing else except system processes my FPS is all screwed up These are my specs which are also in the screenshots OS Windows -bit Graphics card Radeon HD MB Motherboard Gigabyte MA X-UD P RAM gigs CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Basically I just need to know if it s even likely that something is failing and if so what Is it just possible that a setting is messing things up I haven t changed anything in my BIOS Any ideas and input is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I recently posted about my video card not working. Well, I sent the card back and they said the video card is fine so theyíre returning it back to me. So now Iím thinking of things that could be wrong with the computer to cause this. When I purchased the video card I had to up my PSU wattage to run the card. It wasnít a very good brand of PSU I found out after I bought it so Iím thinking, could this cause the video card to not work? Is there anything out there to test PSUís to see if itís the culprit? Sorry if this has been posted already, I couldnít find anythingÖ Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 30.1%

So-been doing some research is for me. failing FF since my FF has decided to become completely different on me in the last hour Big problems FF is failing for me. for me There is no navigation anymore can't go back or forward between pages the arrows are black not green like usual and even keyboard shortcuts are not working If I click on a page I can go nowhere else unless I can navigate where I want to go thru the page THAT SUX When I start up FF I get the lovely FF Start page w Google not that I don't like google but my homepage is a goner Looked thru all the posts already up about this and have found no adequate solution There are no added URL's in my options gt main gt when ff starts All I want is my homepage to show up where my blessed email is Okay I said only but this FF is failing for me. one I just noticed no matter what site I'm on my homepage URL is what shows in the bar So please help me so I don't go back to IE I really hate it Any suggestions

A:FF is failing for me.

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Can you provide us a screenshot of your issue?

Also, try running firefox in safe mode (start->mozilla firefox->firefox in safe mode). See if that works. If that doesn't work either, we can create a new Firefox profile and import all your bookmarks/important settings to it. But first try the safe mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/ff-is-failing-for-me-332569.html
Relevancy 30.1%

i need some help please guys! i just got a new graphics card, the radeon 4850. installed it, and downloaded the newest catalyst control center, it was all running fine til i turned off my computer. now when i turn it on my "Data execution prevention" thinks CCC is a harmful program and wont allow it to run. i followed the steps it says to tell DEP its a trusting program but it still wont allow it to run. any help would be greatly appreciated! im running windiws vista 64 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dep-failing-to-run-ccc.831940/
Relevancy 30.1%

Sorry if there is no or if this is the wrong area but I think my Hard Drive is failing Sometimes I hear noises coming from it not just the normal spinning of the disk but it kinda sounds like your repetitively tapping your keys on a keyboard Or a laptop my HDD think is I failing... parking it's head I have google'd it and some of the other clues are random BSODS I can sometimes reproduce the sound when I click on something that needs usage of the HDD My the send and receive times haven't been changed since I got the computer The drive I think my HDD is failing... is a quot GB SATA RPM quot quot Western Digital Caviar Blue quot Are these drives normally loud It feels like it's I think my HDD is failing... running a little warm If it is the heat could I just plop a heatsink on it from an old video card I think my HDD is failing... http www wdc com en products products asp driveid Also I am not sure if this is just normal HDD noise because on my old computer my case was always closed and on my new one I always have the side off when using it

A:I think my HDD is failing...

I would suggest that you run WD Lifeguard tools for two reasons: first it can give you a quick thumbs up or down on the drive and second it will give you the serial (without looking at the physical drive) so that you can set up the RMA if need be. Linky

If you want a more in depth status of your drive try speedfan, the SMART tab will give you a read out on the drive. Each entry can be checked for more specific data with wiki entries.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231588-i-think-my-hdd-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My dad went away for a week and a half vacation During that time he had his computer unplugged When he returned and tried to boot he gets Windows missing lt system root gt system hal dll Tried to repair with OS CD but no option came up to repair just the system files Stupid me forgot I could use Recovery Console Reinstalled XP and it took about times longer than it should have ie minutes to format HDD with quot Quick quot HDD? Failing option Copying files to the HDD and the Failing HDD? GUI for installing Windows took much longer than normal as well Took me over an hour to install drivers minutes Failing HDD? of it waiting on Net Framework when Windows finally finished Tried to install AVG times all times stopping at Shutdown time was normal but the Windows splash screen with the blue bar took twice as long as it used to Tried to reinstall with different XP disc same thing This same kind of thing happened with my Vaio laptop when installing XP but was much easier to diagnose due to the loud clicking I figure you guys would have more experience with failing failed HDDs than I ----- I had to wipe his computer a couple months ago because of some problem I never figured out but seemed to resolve itself Feel free to ask me anything you need to know or that I forgot nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

hi everyone i am in a bit of a mess atm i have got a dell xps just under as year ago i have x seagate barracuda hard drives the info is as follows seagate barracuda rohs firmware adg ata sata gb rpm now when i log onto the pc i cant get to windows sometimes i can then i get messages saying unable to write disk write error data has been lost i have used pcs over years and never had to deal with a failed hdd failing first help please hardrive so im confused is there a way to use just one of the harddrives i assume one will be master and the other slave but im new to this so i though ill get a new one but please help first failing hdd i dont know what to get does it all have to be the same rpm size firware please help i need my pc its on xp update i found this on ebay would this be ok for my system Model Number ST A Capacity GB Speed rpm Seek time ms avg Cache MB Interface Ultra ATA MB s nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

i need help about my laptop i have this now for 2 years i get random bluescreens everytime i use my laptop

Case 1 : i restart my laptop then if it tooks too long then i got a bluescreen "shutdown unexpectedly"
Case 2 : i close the lid of my laptop then the disk light indicator is still blinking takes too long to sleep so i open the laptop then restarts on his own and brings me back to windows account log in screen and i get a bluescreen

Any idea what is happening ? kinda happens to me 12 times and its annoying

A:is my hdd failing?

Check your disk with something like this: Download HDDExpert - MajorGeeks and/or Download IBM - Hitachi Drive Fitness Test - MajorGeeks and see if it's at fault. You can also try Download Foolish.IT CheckDisk - MajorGeeks instead of chkdisk. De-fragmenting it may help too.
In case there is something wrong with system, open Command prompt as administrator and run each of this at a time:
sfc /scannow
and than:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Check laptop for overheating too.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61093-my-hdd-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a Hitachi DesKstar hds plat GB and its already happened to me twice that my computer will only freeze while playing Sims but right when its freezing i see lag and then i hear the hhd make the same whine up whine down and click sound it makes when i turn on the computer and then nothing so that makes me suspect its the hhd its about years old on normal use and about total formats Possible failing HHD i havent formatted it for a good year now the way i see it and think about Possible HHD failing it sims is more of a videocard cpu usage type of game so when my hhd isnt used it spins down and then it has a problem spin back to life so possibly its starting to wear out now my question is am i right is the hhd about to die on Possible HHD failing me could it be just a Possible HHD failing sims error since it only happened while i was playing sims nbsp

A:Possible HHD failing

It always made that sound, since day 1, i just thought it was a cheapo loud hhd. its not a harsh sound

i am gonna start backing up my data soon anyways (i got tons of dvds and im only using 40gbs of the 80 so its probly less than 4 dvds to burn of files)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hhd-failing.102013/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a gb WD sata as my master and only Failing? HDD HDD I have been getting BSOD s saying Kernel data inpage error for a long time now I used to think it was problem with my ram and motherboard not liking each other Gskill DDR and Abit KN Ultra I ran memtest all last night though HDD Failing? and it passed time without an error The BSOD s have been getting more and more frequent lately especially while extracting large RARs it has been crashing everytime Last night I decided it was probably the hard drive causing them because everytime i put it under a heavy load the computer crashes So I ended up sticking a seagate gb ide in it as a slave that I had laying HDD Failing? around I transferred a very large group rar HDD Failing? files to it and extracted them opened about documents at one time and then extracted a seperate gb file I had all at the same time without a problem But when I do it on the other drive it crashes I just wanted to make sure this is the problem before I RMA the drive becuase I don t want to have to run off an external until a new drive comes Thanks for the help Evan nbsp

A:HDD Failing?

You could go here http://support.wdc.com/download/?cxml=n&pid=999&swid=3 and get the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tools, they might give you some useful info. You can also check out the WD knowledge base.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-failing.559164/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I keep the computer I am having the problem with turned On all the time during the week turning it Off on Sunday night's and restart's on Monday's Last Thur Dec when I went to wake it from Sleep mode I found it was Off what do? my HD failing, Is if is, should and I I have it plugged into a battery backup system along with another computer That computer was On and works fine I have looked in Event Viewer E V to see if there were any Is my HD failing, and if is, what should I do? listings that may tell me why it went Off but found nothing Is this something that I should try to find the answer to and if so how would I do that Or is it something that I could wait and see if it happen's again When I restarted the PC it opened to a black screen with white lettering saying that Windows had not shutdown normally and gave me several option's as to how I could proceed I choose to Start Windows Normally It took a very long time for it to open to the Desktop and than it Is my HD failing, and if is, what should I do? was very slow to respond to any inputs from the mouse It was very unstable Some things worked and some would not I ran the Check Disk and System File Checker SFC utilities I have never ran them before so not sure how to interpret the result's I do know that SFC said it found corrupt files and it fixed some of them but it could not fix them all I ran SFC three times always getting the same result's In E V there are hundred's of error's One of the most predominant ones is iaStor The device Device IDE iaStor did not respond within the time out period I went to Device Manager opened the IDE Controller and it said it was working properly I do not know if this is the device that error is referring to but thought I would pass along this information in case it is Also have a lot of Schannel error's Over the last couple of day's the PC has really started to run much better It seems to be just as fast as it was before do not have very many freeze up's IE would become unresponsive once in awhile and some of the things it would not do before it does them now For instance it was not making System Restore Points either on it's own or manually but I made one today and it worked I have not shut the PC down and restarted it to see how that goes nor have I ran a full scan with MSE to see if it would be able to scan the whole system and not freeze up someplace So what do you think Are there any other things I can do to get more information for you that would help you see if I may have a HD starting to fail If so let me know and will try and get it for you if not to complicated I do have three Backup System Images that I made with the built in Windows Image maker from July Sept and Nov Also have the System Repair disk and the System Recovery disks which consists of DVD's If the HD that is in the PC now were to actually have bad sector's and I tried to put the Nov Backup Image on it would they cause that to fail or would they be overwritten and the re-image could possibly work I would really like to get an answer to this question Or should I eliminate the doubt on the HD being good or bad and just buy a new one and go from there If I went this route I would want to buy a better not a bigger one HD than what I currently have It is a Western Digital TB RPM SATA inch HD It sells on Newegg for around If you think this is the way I should go what would you recommend in the to range Finally I do realize that when it comes to computer's there are no guarantee's that when you do some thing on a computer it is always going to go the way you want it to go Stuff happens I thank anyone who may respond to this post in advance LKW

A:Is my HD failing, and if is, what should I do?

My apologies to every one for the way my post is typed. I had typed it once, but when I clicked on Submit New Thread, ( I think that's what it said), it did not go thru. To say the least, while I was retyping it I was not in the best of mood's and consequently I did not indent my paragraph's. This makes it hard to read.
I do apologies for my error.

LKW198

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387231-my-hd-failing-if-what-should-i-do.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok I have a tricky one I have got a server running Windows server with SP This server is the core of the network controlling DHCP DNS Exchange service and Backups There are only around users connecting up DNS Failing! For a while now the DNS seems to stop working I have been trawling the net for similar problems and DNS Failing! trying numerour fixes but it is still there It is completely random happening anytime of the day for random ammounts of time For instance yesterday from midday to around it was fine then the problem started again The external DNS of all the machines and the server stops working The service itself is still DNS Failing! running and reports no errors Restarting the DNS service when it is down does not help There is a Cisco controlling the net connection I have the Forwarders to the external isp dns addresses setup The DHCP server is distributing the following settings Ip of Server is Router - DNS Servers - IP of external isp ip IP of external isp ip DNS Dmain Name - DOMANINNAME LOCAL WINS NBNS Servers - WINS NBT Node Type - x Additional settings Address Pool - - Lease Duration Days I believe all the reverse lookup zones forward lookup zones are correct I have checked all the settings against other servers with the same setup and all appear to be correct The root hints seem fine also One other note i have to add to this is that when i initially started looking into this problem all of the computers on the network had this DNS failure but the server could connect to the internet fine I found some redundant external IP addresses in the forwarders for example an old BT unreachable ip and for some reason a PLESK ip address unreachable I suspect some in the office has had a crack at changing some settings and caused this problem and is keeping quiet After resetting the DNS etc to the correct settings the server does exactly the same as the machines on the network I can connect to sites via their IP addresses fine and ALL other internet based services that dont require DNS name resolution work fine Email is fine also This problem is starting to drive me slightly mental Any possible solutions would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-failing.685917/
Relevancy 30.1%

PC failed S.M.A.R.T. on start up.Chkdsk produced long list of errors.PC will only run in Safe Mode (with network) now and the HDD is clearly on the way out.If I swap out drive with new replacement, I will not have access to the Recovery partition. Recovery Manager software is no longer available on PC.How do I get copy of my existing (and paid for) OS on to the new HDD?Thanks in advance.

A:Failing HDD

If you did not make your HP recovery discs when the PC was new, you can order them here, HP no longer offers them.  http://www.computersurgeons.com/Default.aspx .  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Failing-HDD/td-p/5717480
Relevancy 30.1%

Booted up Sat morning pm Sat afternoon pc quot crashed quot it shut down and could not reboot About pm event log started recording errors event id quot An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation quot this error would repeat between and times followed by an Is a this failing HDD? event id Is this a failing HDD? quot The device Device Ide iaStor did not respond within the timeout period quot these errors repeated several times then just before the crash Is this a failing HDD? event id quot The system failed to flush data to the transaction log Corruption may occur quot followed by event id then crash My workaround for this is to disconnect this problem system drive and reconnect a spare system as the boot drive with this problem drive connected as a Is this a failing HDD? non boot drive reboot run Seagate utilities and Windows checkdisk to repair the drive shutdown disconnect the good system drive reconnect the repaired problem drive as the boot drive boot up and all appears to be fine When the pc is trying to reboot after a crash it gets stuck on a screen quot problem loading os quot and will not go any further that is when the above intervention takes place This has happened previously on Oct and Oct This is a new Seagate SATA II gb drive maybe - weeks old Running Seagate discwizard and Windows checkdisk seems to fix the issue Seagate does not report any disk errors and I set both to repair mode I am running XP Pro SP Asus P W DH Del mobo internal sata hard drives all Seagate gb gb of RAM What is going on Any ideas or suggestions would be truly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey SFC Failing! guys i'm having a little problem with SFC I keep doing sfc scannow and it comes back saying quot some files are still corrupted check cbs log blabla quot so I check out cbs and indeed the hashes don't match up The file in question is Tcpmon SFC Failing! ini No other problem How can I fix the corruption of tcpmon I've tried several things including dragging and dropping C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-p rtmonitor-tcpmonini bf ad e none e e e fa tcpmon ini what i presume to be a valid copy of the file since sfc compares it's hash to the problem file to C windows system tcpmon ini which is the corrupted file Access is denied and I can't do a thing I've tried taking ownership and giving myself full access but its still not working says its in use I even tried it in safe mode No luck Any ideas would be appreciated BTW I just recently updated to SP so maybe its something to do with the sp file being compared to sp Who knows but please help

A:SFC Failing!

I believe that the error you are seeing is for an old TCP port type printer. Mine would set that error. I do not use this so I did not care about it. I would not worry about it and I do not think that is will cause any problems. Its not a critical OS file.

I had that problem about 4 months ago, before SP2.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230152-sfc-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Over the past few months I have had to reinstall XP around about every weeks or so Upon reformatting my hard drive and and installing XP my computer will run fine for - weeks before a some sort of crippling problem occurs The problem that occurs HDD Is My Failing? has varied Is My HDD Failing? from installation to installation The Is My HDD Failing? first issue that comes to mind is that at one point I rebooted my PC only to find that a number of vital system files had become corrupt or lost Upon trying to repair the installation via the XP cd the installation kept looping at the quot registering installation quot part that is the installation would reach that point the computer would reboot and the installation would be back at the start until it reached that point again and it would again reboot Only resolution was to reformat that hard drive and do a clean install of XP An issue that has occured multiple times was that the computer would suddenly take an inexplicably long time sometimes even minutes or so to boot Upon successfully logging on every task would take a ridiculous amount of time to perform I m talking something like minutes to open the start bar that could not be explained by obsolete hardware a quad core processor and GB of RAM should easily be able to open the start bar within a few seconds Again only solution was a clean installation of XP At one point my computer entered an infinite reboot loop It would reach a certain point in the boot the windows logo screen with the loading bar and then suddenly power off and boot up again Once again the only solution was to boot from the Windows XP installation CD and do a clean installation On my current installation I frequently experience hang-ups that last for about - seconds simply when accessing files in explorer my HDD is relatively empty as well TB of which only about GB are used When trying to open firefox or google chrome the system completely locks up and this can only be remedied by a reboot I have run the diagnostics software for my HDD downloaded from the manufacturer website http support wdc com product download asp groupid amp sid amp lang en SMART tests are passed but the quick test comes across as a quot fail quot and the extended test finds quot bad sectors quot on my hard drive The quick test gives the following error message - Quick test on drive did not complete Status code Failed read test element Failure checkpoint Unknown test SMART self-test did not complete on drive I was advised that the problem may actually be RAM related and was told to run Memtest Over the course of about passes in one test in another errors in total have been found Only were listed in the first test in the second I have been advised that ANY errors indicate that I need to replace my RAM but I have no idea if the listed errors are actually anything to worry about The errors are as follows typed out is as best a format as I can think of Test amp Pass amp Failing Address ab bc MB a e MB amp a e MB I notice that one address is repeated Good fffffff bfbfbfbf amp efefefef Bad fffffffb bfbfbfbb amp efefefeb Err bits amp Count amp CPU amp There is a sense of urgency in this because I need my desktop to be in full working order for when I go to university in about weeks time I cannot determine if the problems are caused by my hard drive my RAM or a combination of both I simply don t have time to replace one component and then find that it was in fact the other that causes the problems as I said the issues take about - weeks to manifest and if I reinstall XP now the failures probably won t occur before I go to university or if they do I simply won t have time to fix them I also do not know what would remedy the problem if either or both components must be replaced or they can be saved in some other way Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Is My HDD Failing?

It would appear that both the RAM and HDD are faulty. Any and every error is a problem.

You will need to replace the HDD if the WD diagnostics do not give a repair option, the Bootable CD DOS version might offer a repair option. WD has a 3 years warranty unless it came with brand name system such as Dell or HP in which case it only has that manufacturer's warranty.

As for the RAM, try testing each of the sticks separately if there's more then one.

We'll need more details, specs on your system beyond that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-hdd-failing.1017233/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey, a few months ago I was having problems with my LG LS50a laptop, and diagnosed the problem as being a damaged harddrive. I replaced it, yet it was still very slow, and despite being a basic system, it was never this slow. After a full reformat it was still very slow, then today, whilst browsing techspot (ironically), I got an error that I fear may be related to dieing ram...

Any help appreciated

A:Failing RAM?

have you had a chance to memtest?

on the off-chance, you could try the included one in vista.. just type in memory diagnostics toolinto the search bar.. although i myself hadn't have the time to try it yet..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failing-ram.76240/
Relevancy 30.1%

ok so a couple of weeks back the pc started to flash up error messages on boot such as - bootmgr is corrupt system cannot boot -a disk read error occurred press Ctrl Alt Del to restart failing? be something must - block of text status xc e info an unexpected I O error has occured - BSOD - stop x B xfffff a xffffffffc -the file is possibly corrupt the file header checksum does not match the corrupt checksum BSOD - stop x wimfsf sys these have now STARTED APPEARING AGAIN to try combat the st time windows bit was reinstalled clean over times that failed so we bought a new hard drive connectors brand new version of windows ultimate bit new CMOS battery these have not helped but what i dont get is why if i load up and do a memory diagnostic upon restart it works fine once it is on a restart will work a shutdown followed by IMMEDIATE turn on will work but if its shut down and left for like an hour its back to the errors in my opinion i think maybe the MOBO is failing in some way am i right wrong you have a fix please any help will be appreciated

A:something must be failing?

A "Cold Boot" is when you start a computer from a dead stop - a complete power down, off condition, for at least 30 seconds or more.

A 'Warm Boot" , or restart, is when you start while the system is still running.

When a system shows issues on a cold boot, but does not show those issues on a warm boot it is usually hardware related and many times capacitor related. In these instances weak or leaking capacitors cannot hold a proper charge for very long so the component fails when the system has been powered down, but succeeds when the system has been running.

Capacitors play an important role in your power supply and motherboard. But a failing power supply would be a logical cause of your type of symptoms and is the cheaper and easier of the two to replace. If the power supply can't supply steady power to the hard drive or system during a cold boot then you would get intermittent read errors.

If you can use a multimeter you can connected it to any spare 12v connection and observe it while you cold boot and run the computer to see if there is any obvious drop off in voltage, and then switch it to amps to see if the current holds steady.

You can also try a different power connector to the hard drive to see if that has any effect.

Otherwise, try replacing the power supply.

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94206-something-must-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all,
I am just wondering on how i can stop my computer from acting weird. Lately it has slowed down and takes time to load and manage. I have done the disk clean up disk defrag and what not, spybot, virusscan and all are fully updated.
I need help but i have noticed I need a HiJack ting ?
can i have some help and what do i need to do.

A:My Pc Is Failing Me !

Hi there, and welcome to BleepingComputer.This problem is not necessarily being caused by malware, there are a whole host of other reasons why your computer may be running slowly. Please visit the following link and run all of the detailed steps:Slow Computer/Browser?See if this helps the situation at all.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96540/my-pc-is-failing-me/
Relevancy 30.1%

My computer keeps crashing to a blue screen then it restarts it does it sometimes while My PC keeps failing I m busy on the internet I have recorded quite a few of the error reports that show up after each crash by screenshots It seems to have started shortly after I upgraded my Norton to v especially if I try running the Diagnostic Report Now I m having even more issues My PC keeps failing my PC doesn t want to stay connected to the internet it gives me multiple reasons why it can t be completed i e connecting to the wireless network renewing IP address and registering with DNS Then it was doing My PC keeps failing at times where my IE page would stop working and my any windows I had open and my task bar would change to different settings in its looks then a few minutes it would go back to my settings which I also have a few screenshots of As of right now I can t really use my PC the IE pages won t connect right to the internet you can only open the start menu once the taskbar freezes as soon as it loads so you cannot use it or anything on it I used the system restore back to a date I believe was before the mass amount of problems it worked okay for maybe a week before going right back to the issues and I tried to use the restore again but it told me it couldn t make any changes I have not been able to use the windows update because it will not allow the downloads I do not think it is viruses malware as I have run Norton scans and malwarebytes antimalware with seemingly clean results but that doesn t mean there couldn t be something hidden Does anyone have any insight as to what may be behind this endless meltdown Can anyone help me fix it -I am using Microsoft XP Pro Ver SP While it did start after the Norton upgrade I am not sure that it was the direct cause of all the issues

A:My PC keeps failing

Try uninstalling the Symantec product...then rebooting and see how it runs.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467661/my-pc-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 30.1%

My video card is Nvidia GeForce 9800GT, and couple of days ago my fan completeley stopped.I turned off the pc and check the cable then i put it on and it was ok...i control my fans with RivaTuner but today i can't, i mean the manual option does nothing and my fan stays on auto.Is my GPU fan failing or is it other ?
EDIT: After i restarted the PC i can control the fan manually but still i think that there is some problem ?

Relevancy 30.1%

I m trying to install some more memory in my system When I put in one stick it s fine but when I try to add another stick the system either won t boot up at all or once it does it give me the following error message with the blue screen Ram. more (and Trying to add failing) Fatal exception at VXD NTKERN Then sometimes when I ctrl alt del I get Msgserv not responding But when I use one stick no matter the speed it works fine I ve tried a stick on it s own and all is well The stick I had before was working fine but together no dice The ram is recognized in the bios but it just won t boot I m running a P Asus Trying (and failing) to add more Ram. P S Mobo GB HD Win SE My Mobo is supposed to support this much Ram with no problem I want to upgrade to Win XP but I d like this Ram problem to work before I do I d really appreciate some help trying to figure this out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I've just burnt a Gb movie to DVD in about minutes yet when I tried to move the same file from one hard drive to another the pop up box was quoting one hour to move the file ? Is failing HD this The file transfer speed started out at about Mb a second then gradually got slower and slower In the pic it is showing per second but it got slower than this until in the end I cancelled the transfer This disk has just been formatted and it totally clean apart from one folder quot MSOCache quot and one file quot msdia dll quot which I assume were put there during the format process as I never put them there This drive used to be very slow and hung a Is this HD failing ? lot when I had windows installed on there so I changed my windows installation drive and formatted that one ready for storage I've had no problems with windows since I changed the drive I've run chkdsk and it found no problems Are there any other apps that could test this drive So should I bin this drive and replace it or could it be some other issue

A:Is this HD failing ?

I have a little more info if it helps. I downloaded and ran HD tune on all of my drives (I have 3 identical HDD's, all 250Mb).

Here are the screenshots:

This is the drive I was trying to move the file to.

This is my backup drive. I had problems with trying to backup my computer to this drive a week or so back. I left backup running all night and it still didn't complete.

This is my C: drive.

As you can see, my C: drive has the normal HD tune signature of a squiggly line, whereas the other two drives The ones I have had problems with are showing a different, almost straight line.

So it looks like I could have two dodgy drives

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133112-hd-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I bought a WD TB failing HD may be New HD about mos ago New HD may be failing so I m in denial that it could be failing this soon yr limited warranty so should be covered Here s my story I noticed some freezing in a certain MMO of course I blamed the client for a while then I noticed I got some game breaking freezing in a regular PC game Everything else moved smoothly I then got some intermittent errors on boot up the kind only programmers could use then I got disk read error alt cntrl delete After running some diagnostics some New HD may be failing which just stop half way and others that report no problems upon boot up I now get a cycle it posts then I New HD may be failing see Windows starting then with no information it restarts the cycle Running Windows Luckily I had not removed my old HD and can boot from it and see the other drive and run diagnostics I m only an intermediate trouble shooter I know enough to fix things but not enough to definitively determine the problem to begin with I hate to send it back if it can be sorted I reseated the cables so that s not it I ran anti virus clean Scanning the disk for repairs stops about of the way thru after files I ran a free disk health program SMART quick scan shows no problem but the extended scan stops mid scan Windows repair was mixed it can t repair but the advanced screen start up repair shows no problem Trying to go back to a save point says I dont have any huh there should be tons At this point Im thinking of doing the best back up I can manage I guess image clone wouldnt be good and trying a reinstall of windows If I do wind up sending it back how concerned should I be about the info on it Should I attempt a reformat before shipping it off nbsp

A:New HD may be failing

Formatting does not erase any data from a drive. It simply formats the drive. If it is mechanically sound, you can erase it, but if not, then you are stuck with leaving the contents (but others will not normally be able to access it, either).

Check it with good tests. Check it's S.M.A.R.T. parameters (from its internal electronics).

HD Tune

Hard Drive Manufacturers' Diagnostic Utilities Links:
TachTech
BleepingComputer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hd-may-be-failing.1101201/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi first of all excuse me if i did not post on the right section please move it if there is a more suitable one My system specs are - Asus Maximus VI Formula - Corsair AX - Corsair Vengeance x gb -Msi gtx -Noctua u s - SSD HDD About - months ago i failing something else? or PSU was hearing a buzzling sound and whole pc case was vibrating really like a mobile phone I thought it was the HDD cage so i replaced my Corsair D with a Fractal Design Define R Since then pc boots normally but with no quot beep PSU failing or something else? sound quot and i think this happened in the past but did not pay too much attention to it The more weird thing is that when i shut down pc it stops giving signal to monitor but pc continues working PSU failing or something else? fans psu motherboard everything working like it never closed This happens about out of shutdowns not always One more thing is that HDD's were dissapearring from My Computer sometimes ive yet to see it for day though so this may be fixed can't tell PSU failing or something else? for sure days ago when i came back from work and pc was turned off it tried to boot for seconds shutdown and retried the same endlessly i removed dimms of ram and HDD's and booted normally then tried again nothing This was fixed as i figured out sticks of ram were back to mhz while the other stayed in mhz where they always were I did apply for the other dimms of ram and worked but out of dimms of ram downgrading on their own is not normal at all The quot no beep quot sound as well as not shutting down normally sometimes continued so i did a reset bios settings bios using the latest filmware - - the buzzling sound was back again from psu most likely I should note i just put cpu fan to silent rpm and rams in their mhz again later In a system that needs like watt max a psu should not have fan working at all right its the only thing i can hear out of whole pc Since too many things happened i can not exclude something but everything seems like pointing out psu in my belief at least i dont want to blindly change it to find something else is wrong just like i did with my pc case so i would like to confirm it somehow If i think of it way back i remember a noise on my silverstone tj the case i was using before D with fully custom watercooling but i had the imagination it was the d pump so i got rid of watercooling back then The pitching sound not as audible as in the previous cases after days of using the Fractal R noise dampening case is still here just restricted so is the shutdown problem Give me some advice please could it be PSU Motherboard RAM Anything at all Im more worried that if something dies on me can it take other components with it as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402625-psu-failing-something-else.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss ! Pc My Failing Me Is exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC My Pc Is Failing Me ! WINDOWS system My Pc Is Failing Me ! services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system brss a exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exec PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exec program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exeC PROGRA BLUEYO SMARTB MotiveSB exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files blueyonder PCguard advisor PCguardadvisor exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exeC Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data vajmfsjo exeC WINDOWS system scchk exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exeC Program Files blueyonder IST bin mpbtn exeC Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcmon exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c PROGRA mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dllO - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dllO - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c PROGRA mcafee SPAMKI mcapfbho dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - B EAF - A - DA- B - BE B - no file O - BHO no name - DA C E - - EC- F- C FFAFCD - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA BLUEYO SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run PCguardadvisor exe quot C Program Files blueyonder PCguard advisor PCguardadvisor exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfe... Read more

A:My Pc Is Failing Me !

Hello phad, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan. Disable your antivirus program and go here to run BitDefender Online Scan. Click on I Agree. Avoid clicking on other links as you don't need to try out the full install at this point, just the online scanner.When the ActiveX Control has loaded, click on "Click here to scan". Please be patient, as this scan may take a few hours. It all depends on the number of files on your computer. NOTE: If you are running XP SP2, you may need to click on the Information Bar to allow the ActiveX to install and may need to repeat the BitDefender Online Scan.When BitDefender completes the scan, select the "Detected Problems" tab. Click on "Click here to export scan". Save the file as an HTML to your Desktop. Then click on the saved file and allow it to open with your browser. Go to Edit - Select All then copy/paste that log back here. Post the BitDefender log.******************Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware v7.5.After download, double click on the file to launch the install process. Choose a language, click "OK" and then click "Next".Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree".Accept default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next", then click "Install".After setup completes, click "Finish" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.Connect to the Internet, go back to AVG Anti-Spyware, select the "Update" button and click "Start update". Wait until you see the "Update successful" message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer from here. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". (Note: When run in safe mode, sometimes the GUI is larger than the screen and the buttons at the bottom are partly or completely hidden, making them unaccessible for doing a scan. If this is the case, press the WINKEY + M key to "Minimize" the AVG display. Then right-click on AVG in the Task Bar and select "Maximize". If that does not help, then you may have to run your scan in normal mode and advise your helper afterwards.)

Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:[list]Click on the "Scanner" button and choose the "Settings" tab.Under "How to act?", click on "Recommended actions" and choose "Quarantine" to set default action for detected malware.Under "How to Scan?", "Possibly unwanted software", and What to Scan?" leave all the default settings.Under "Reports" select "Automatically generate report after every scan" and UNcheck "Only if threats were found".Click the "Scan" tab to return to scanning options.Click "Complete System Scan" to start.When the scan has finished, it should automatically be set to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there.You will also be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions" to place the files in Quarantine.IMPORTANT! Do not save the report before you have clicked the Apply all actions button. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96606/my-pc-is-failing-me/
Relevancy 30.1%

Is My HDD failing Hello All,
2 days ago i installed a new Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 3TB 7200RPM,
Im using it solely for playing all my loss less music.
Its seems to be chugging along nicely until i ran Ashampoo HDD control 2 to see how things are with all my drives and what it tells me is not good, I think.
Would appreciate any feed back.
I went to the hitachi site to download their tools to diag the HDD but it wont work with a 3TB HDD, a bit silly.

A:Is My HDD failing

Hello krappo,
If the Hitachi tool does not support your drive I am willing to bet that the Ashampoo HDD control doesn't either. I cannot give you anything concrete either way but my instincts tell me that you should take these readings with a pinch of salt and not let them make you worry unnecessarily.
PS I would suggest making an image of your drive in case the worst happens and if it does, you have nothing to worry about as the drive is under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183583-my-hdd-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys is there any way to tell if my SSD is failing? I have had so many problems recently with it I have had to re-install Windows at least 8 times as it has some how got corrupted it randomly reboots and then the memory dump fails and I try to reboot only to get the message that Windows can not repair this Argggghhhh.

Have posted a few screen shots about the Drive which is an OCZ Vertex 128GB firmware 1.6.

Thanks for any insight.

Steve

A:Failing SSD ?

Hi Steve
Go to the website of the manufacturer of your hard drive and you can test it there.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/131065-failing-ssd.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all, last week windows scandisk found errors in my 2nd internal drive (WD 2TB Black) and fixed it. I later found that some files appear with 0 filesize, and are unable to be opened (pictures and acronis backup files). Is this a common occurrence? Does this indicate file corruption or hardware failure (bad sectors)? Thanks

A:Failing HDD?

Yep your hard drive is dropping sectors. WD Blacks go like that I exchanged them the first time I see a sector drop. Hopefully you have your Acronis back ups on a USB drive too.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62459-failing-hdd.html
Relevancy 30.1%

In the past week I've gotten a stop error on boot about "SystemRoot/system32/Config/Software" being corrupt or unreadable twice. (I've had to reimage twice, too).

Also, every linux install I've tried in the past 2 weeks (All slackware 10, 3 different installation media) has invariably crashed with bad block and unreadable block errors.

I ran housecall antivirus, it didn't find anything.

Oh, and I ran the diag disc that came with the HDD (... which according to Device Manager is a WDC WD12 00JB-00FUA0 SCSI Disk Device, which is bull, it's an IDE device connected though a promise ATA/66 PCI controller...)... and it said everything was alright.

P3 500 MHz
384 MB RAM

I also have a second HDD (IBM Deskstar 20 GB), thus far it's not shown similar symptoms, but I rarely use it, so.

This is really annoying me, the HDD is only 6 months old...

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I bought a new router that was a Netgear DGND3300v2, this was replacing a previous Netgear which was continuously cutting out (because it was 2 and a half years old).

I setup the router fine as am using the connection now, but on frequent occasions it reports my DNS is unavailable. This is through out the house with 4 computers not just mine. I have no static ip setting setup and just followed the cd instructions when I purchased the router.

I am not an expert with router setup so sorry if am a little slow to understand.
Any help appreciated, thanks

A:DNS keeps failing

Hello,

Seems to be that there are times that all your computers are not picking up the ISP's DNS setup from your router.

See if Power cycling the devices helps.
How to Power Cycle a Computer | eHow.com

If that didnt' help, add/assign Public DNS's in your router's settings.
Google Public DNS

Please report back your progress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179205-dns-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys,

I got a new graphics card the other day, went from a HD 5850 to a GTX 560ti OC'ed edition.

My PSU was quiet as quiet can be when gaming with the old GPU but now the PSU is making a whining noise, not mega loud but loud enough that you can hear it.

Only happens with gaming.

Games are also stopping and going back to desktop saying the program needs to close or had to close.

The PSU is an Antec truepower New 750 and is only about 3-4 months old.

The recommended PSU for the GTX 560ti is 550 watts so it should be up to the job?

Is it failing suddenly? It's litterally only started happening with the new GPU installed and the noise is definitely coming from the PSU.

Not sure what to think really

A:PSU Failing?

Read review #4 on the Feedback tab on this page:
Newegg.com - Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Sure sounds like what you are experiencing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178704-psu-failing.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi..Im hoping you guys could help me..a few days ago i purchased 1GB DIMM DDR RAM, PC3200, 400mhz, 184 pin..as I slot the ram in the computer on its own the computer boots up to the screen were it says 'boot from last known good configuration' and when I click it, the computer reboots, abit like a loop, I then tried the RAM in my dads PC which can handle over 3 gb of RAM again the PC loops but if I put my 512MB of RAM in with the 1GB, the computer triggers the alarm in the PC..I have absolutly no idea what may be causing this problem, I hope you guys have got some good news for me ..

Hugemongarse..

A:1GB Failing..

Are you saying that you put your dad's RAM in your computer or your RAM in your dad's computer?

At any rate, it sounds like faulty RAM. Please test your RAM as per these instructions and then post back here with the results.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1gb-failing.80535/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am usually smart with computers and can fix most issues but this one I cannot. My laptop is more than capable of running any program I need but after installing 8gb of ram recently(I know that the ram is properly installed) whenever I open even a simple program like chrome My cpu usage jumps to between 80-100% and then if I let it set it will settle back down to approximately 5%. Then if I even open another tab it jumps back up to about 70-80 Cpu usage and will again quickly settle back down. I have run many virus scans, cleaned out my laptop entirely of dust, and then reinstalled windows onto my laptop but the same still occurs. When the cpu spikes physical memory stays around 10%.

A:Cpu failing

If you boot into safe mode does it do the same thing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-failing-773578.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone,

A Windows update could not be installed (Error Code 42D9):

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3

So, I downloaded it from:
Download details: SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP3

I installed it, but the update was still showing and it still wanted to install the update - but I thought that's what I just did manually! Why did it still want to install it?

I hid the update from the Windows Update screen.

The next day, two updates came in - security updates for:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 and
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

The update for Service Pack 3 installed successfully but the update for Service Pack 2 failed (Error Code 733F).

I hid the Service Pack 2 update, but it keeps coming back!

What am I supposed to do?

Thanks in advance,

BrassMonkey

A:Updates failing.

1.Reset WU components in aggressive mode How do I reset Windows Update components?
2.Reset WU modules Repair & Fix Windows Updates with Fix WU Utility | The Windows Club
3.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe) as admin and type:

sfc /scannow

4.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
even if this tool don't solve problem it create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

If nothing help pack all files from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder and attache to post or upload on rapidshare.com

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/274766-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all I have a Backup failing keeps Dell Inspiron Backup keeps failing with a G hard drive and G ram It also has a Backup keeps failing G external drive attached to it I ran out of space on the G hard drive years ago so that s when I got the external drive Since then I have put everything on the external drive including program installations because there just isn t any more room on the hard drive I have uninstalled more programs and moved more files over to the external drive more times than I care to count Now the laptop won t boot without the external drive attached Periodically Vista reminds me to do a backup But every time I try it fails I have never been able to do a backup on this laptop It never really concerned me until a week or so ago when I purchased a new laptop and that s when I realized that it would be good to have a copy of my files somewhere else What can I do to get the backup to work And any other suggestions that come to mind Thanks Backup keeps failing in advance nbsp

Relevancy 29.67%

Edited Hello everyone I have a Vista Home bit OS and need assistance I have encountered an issue I find a lot of others have had issue with to boot Failing In my search for a solution I ran over several possibilities to fix this error yet none have detailed anything specific to when none of these work-around fix the issue Three days ago I was browsing the internet looking for things to buy on Amazon My computer abruptly restarted Failing to boot and presented me with a black screen and what looks like a blinking underscore No mouse is available and all options for booting from start up are gibberish to me In the three days my computer has been out of commission I found that the following errors can also be a solution Not for me unfortunately I unplugged all usb or plug in devices other than the monitor and the power cord The issue remains I selected my hard drive in Bios and ran from Bios Bios has proven to be no help Odd that this is the case because most of the solutions I have found involved working in the bios I read that in a case such as mine the probability that my hard drive has crashed is very likely So hears a few technical details about what the computer does when I boot the system and leave it running on the black screen System will boot Boot to hard drive fails Bios states hard drive is visible but will not boot it After hanging on the black screen my central fan sits at the very center below the power source will start to work very hard It will get as loud as when I play a computer game or render a sequence of images from my d application It will work very hard and sound as if it is overheating This is what I can provide I have no advanced understanding of the hardware issues behind this problem This is also my home work computer and I have hundreds of gigabytes of data that I never backed up If my HDD did in fact crash can I still recover that data If this lacks information I can try and provide more in video and or picture At the moment I am unable to access my desktop Additional My shortcut keys on bootup are F bios and F for boot options I used to be able to simply hold down F and obtain the recovery menu for restore and recovery When I hold down F or F I do not get safe mode or recovery as I use to These options appear to have been entirely disabled I am also running on a Gateway nbsp

Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5742 6824 with Window 7 on it.
Lately it's been having problems with starting up. A white dash will appear in the top left part of the screen and then the big Acer symbol will show up (Like usual) Then it will suddenly shut down. The shut down is only for a moment before it roars to life again and repeats the same process. I have no idea how long it would do it if I left it, but it just keep repeating. I have no idea how I'm stopping it either. I tried holding the power button, but that doesn't seem to work at all. Often I end up just clicking random buttons on my keyboard until it finally continues the start-up like normal. I then restart my computer. 
How do I fix this problem? 

A:Failing to start up

Can you boot into the Advanced Boot Options?

Immediately after pressing the power button start tapping the F8 key.  You will see a image similar to the one below.

Use the up or down key to navigate to Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter.

With the automatic restart disabled you should receive blue screen with a ***STOP: error similar to the one in the image below.

Copy the error exactly and include it in your next post.

If you are unable to boot into normal mode, go back to the Advanced Boot Options and click on Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know what you find.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512578/failing-to-start-up/
Relevancy 29.67%

OK so previous problem thread...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616301/possibly-multiple-issues-slow-internet-bad-streaming-experience-and-safesearch/

Everything is great I still have some issues related to the above thread. However I have narrowed it down to the HDD failures. I knew I should have done a full Format to begin with, but I did not.
Chkdsk /r is supposed to mark and block the bad sectors but it is hanging up and not doing a good job. I have tried other things. Other programs I am trying to save existing data. Unless it is in the bad sectors.

Help.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620798/hdd-failing-16-bad-sectors/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi guys I am new to the forum and in desperate need of your help My downloads are failing All kinds of downloads different browsers Huge files small files I am losing my mind I'll try to download something and the speed will just all of a sudden DROP to zero and never regain itself Each individual download that does fail not all do fails in a specific place each time Even some of my itunes won't download - even movies I've bought from itunes because of this problem I have the gamefly client and can't get a single game to complete a download on that Some of my tiny word documents from school won't download My internet connection is CONSTANT I have a laptop that doesn't have any issue at all like this My computer is hardwired into the internet and I've tried going wireless instead I've tried download managers and that hasn't helped I can't even seem to find someone on the internet Failing Downloads with the same problem as me The ones that do say the download manager solves the problem I'm clean of viruses registry issues etc Any ideas why my computer hates Failing Downloads me so much -Rachel edit Not sure if it is relevant but I have the same problem with streaming videos and stuff too Some Youtube videos freeze at certain points no matter what for me but they work fine from other devices hooked up to the same connection It is a shame my old phone can play videos better than my almost new computer

A:Failing Downloads

Hi Rachel, does it happens when on wired or is it particular only on one connection setup? Have you tried clearing your cache files and running security scans just in case? Wired connection is always a more stable connection than wireless, please check the difference.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489226/failing-downloads/
Relevancy 29.67%

Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows XP Windows Server Windows Vista Windows Windows Server Windows Server R for x -based Systems KB Installation date amp amp amp AM Installation status Failed Error details Code A Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system that is running the Microsoft NET Framework and gain complete control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com My machine is a HP p w running Win bit This evidently has failed for the last or days I Update failing??? get a little exclaimation mark on my log off button occasionally and it wants me to turn off the computer for an update it has been happening for the last several days and today I got curious and looked at update history and there are actually of Update failing??? these failures All are the same update number Update failing??? Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-failing.969066/
Relevancy 29.67%

when i try to download anything like AVG or anything i get the message C:\USER\ADMINISTROR\THE PROGRAM\NOT A VALID WIN 32 \APP
but i'm running vista 64 bit

http://www.vistax64.com/software/259284-download-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I missed the days when my internet was fast but now for the last few week it s just so annoying I stoped using computer for the net my st problem is that my window that s I m using gets overlooked by some random pop-up window asking if I is Internet failing on my me.... to buy something or look at a cheap fake youtube wanna-bes stie this is killing me inside as I type my Internet is failing on me.... this every secs I am force to stop what I m doing because a window opened up and I m force to close it because If I don t it slows down my internet and more and more windows will my Internet is failing on me.... pop-up my Internet is failing on me.... making it slower and slower and slower it s so slow right now I have to use the quot no add ons quot just to come but now I can t watch videos and talk to my friends and that s no fun at all I tried using SuperSpyware but even after I got deleted and the ad-ware the problem doesn t go away So I m all out of ideas maybe it s a virus but my virus scaner Mcafee never finds any so what s the problem

A:my Internet is failing on me....

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187315/my-internet-is-failing-on-me/
Relevancy 29.67%

i had a usb mouse..then i plugged in my scaner in to another usb port and then my mouse cursor went away....the scanner doesn twork either...
my serialmouse works but thats not the point how can i fix this usb port thing or do i all of sudden need to by a usb port card...the two usb ports that failed are built on to my mainboard can this be fixed?

thanks

Yanman

A:usb ports failing

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ports-failing.299667/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a 1 year old Windows Vista laptop. (It is still new-ish for heavens sake! but the warranty has run out.) and I'm getting BSOD's every 3-15 minutes! They started slowly about a month ago when a PDF Exploti Gen and Hijack Start Menu showed up on my computer - both were cleaned out. I don't really know if the BSOD's were related to these pests as the blue screens happened only once every 4 -5 days or so and resolved at re-boot.

Two days ago,however, everything went insane. I start getting pop up messages from windows of the sidebar failing, CLSID failure, I stop being able to get a browser up, all sorts of things and then The Blue Screen!! All this takes place within 3-15minutes of start-up! I did install a logitech mouse a few days ago but unplugged when the computer started crashing.

Help.

A:Everything Failing! BSOD's

Hi I suggest you run hijackthis and someone here may be able to check out the report please attach it to your next post,have you any error codes please look in C:\windows\minidump copy to a folder zip it up and attach also

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-failing-bsods.881242/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello people May you please help My pc crashed about days ago When I then tried to reboot it took over attempts to successfully reboot The CPU lights all switched on then it would beep Reboot Failing to twice and start blinking All the while the screen remained blank black and unresponsive as in it wasnt communicating with the CPU at all When it did boot up I couldnt connect to the internet using my wired connection I checked my Failing to Reboot device manager and there is a yellow exclamation mark against the ethernet device I tried some of the suggestions in other threads here but with no success I have power rebooted the router I cannot reboot my PC because everytime I shut down it wont reboot Failing to Reboot sometimes for hours I am currently connected using a wireless adapter I have included my sysinfo HJT log and Ipconfig log below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count Failing to Reboot RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON X Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FUJITSU SIEMENS GA- S MF Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled HJT LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA TELEVI bar bin brmon exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Thomson TG n WlanCU exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sol exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uk msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - f -a a - a-bb - ec b - C Program Files TelevisionFanatic bar bin SrcAs dll R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Search Assistant BHO - d f -c - df-a f-bacea e - C Program Files TelevisionFanatic bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO ... Read more

Relevancy 29.67%

Hi guys I couldn't find anything else about the subject and my friend recommended me this site My problem is that some of my Favorites in IE disappeared I was wondering if there was a IE favorites failing way to get them back The problem started last week my uncle IE favorites failing linked all the computers and the PS together a couple of saturdays ago Everything was fine until some folders in my computer started loading a little too IE favorites failing slow pictures specially and my Favorites were loading slow as well Then some My Favorites didn't load at all I went and checked in my C Documents and Settings HP Owner Favorites and noticed that I just had Favorites that started with the letters as in quot Zero till the letter quot K quot and the ones that started with the letters quot L-Z quot are not showing I even tried to add this website to my Favorites and it's not showing up because it starts with a quot T quot quot tech support forums quot I've had a lot of my Favorites since and some are very important to me Would like to see if I can get any help or suggestions from here I have Windows XP IE Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-favorites-failing-319572.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everyone this is my first Failing Motherboard? time on the Tech Support Guy forums I ve been having some kind of problem with my computer and I m hoping someone here can help me I m beginning to suspect that something is wrong with my motherboard but since I m no expert I can t be sure that it is the source of my problems I have an ASUS CUSL with a Pentium III E chip At first the problem began when my computer would not boot up one day I would keep hitting the power button then nothing So I opened the case made sure everything was connected properly and it did eventually boot up But the problem persisted intermittently Failing Motherboard? So I figured that I probably had a bad power switch and replaced it Apparently that wasn t the main issue because while I was now getting the computer to boot up it would often just power itself down into some kind of bizarre suspend mode that I couldn t get it out of I would have to literally unplug the computer to get it to completely shut off At this point I thought there must be something wrong with the power supply it was a W unit that I d owned for about years or so So I went out and replaced my power supply with a nice W Ultra Connect power supply Well just when I thought my problems were over I am finding out they ve only just begun Now my computer is doing weird things like when I try to power it down it will go through the Windows shutdown screen but freeze at the very end The hard drive will spin down but the screen will be frozen at the shutdown screen and the fans are still running Again the only way to get it to completely shut off is to kill the switch on the power supply and this is only IF I managed to get it booted up to begin with like this morning In other words it still won t power back on much of the time Another small thing I ve noticed is that my taskbar clock no longer keeps the proper time Is it possible my motherboard is going out on me Could this have anything to do with the the round battery mounted on the board -spadowski nbsp

Relevancy 29.67%

Hell everyone, everytime I try to boot vista it loads the splash screen of HP then it just goes black. I have done a RAM test and found out that my RAm is failing. Could failing Ram be the cause of Vista not loading?
My specs:
HDD: WDC WD800JD-60LUA0
MEM: 2 256MB/DDR2 SDRAM PC2-300
CPU- Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.93 GHz
CPU speeds: 2933MHz/533Mhz

If you need more information or did not understand my problem let me know.

Relevancy 29.67%

This problem has been here for a while but I never tried fixing it until now. Other USB devices such as printers etc. work fine but the mass storage devices and card slots do not. I have deduced that the problem is with the actual drivers (code 10) but I cannot update them, reinstall new ones, or roll them back. Also in device managers, there is the yellow triangle next to USB Mass Storage Device.

Thank you in advance for you help
Windows Vista SP2 32bit

A:USB drivers are failing

Starting with a system restore point, uninstall the drivers. Then boot the computer, you should get updated drivers. Make sure that your Windows installer is set to install automatically. If things go bad, just go back with the system restore.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/295507-usb-drivers-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Please help! I have been battling this problem for over a month now. I have a HP Pavilion a1700n running Vista Home Premium. I'm not sure what all info you need on my PC but, I will be happy to respond to answer any questions. Anyway, my problem is that all my Windows Updates are failing to install. I have stopped the Automatic Update Services and tried to download and install manually and I have gone into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and deleted all files in the Datastore folder and the Download folder. I get the error code 80070002. When I looked it up, it said to do what I already did. Still the updates fail to install. All advice is greatly appreciated and gladly taken. Thanks!

Relevancy 29.67%

My display on CRT has been getting worse for sime time, it is fuzzy and lined, monitor has been tried on another system and is ok. The graphics are onboard, can they be fixed? is it the graphics that is the problem?
My system is:
Pentium 3 800MHZ
64MB RAM
20GB HD
MS 6312 version 1 Motherboard

A:Failing Graphics

Update: I believe my onboard graphics may be integrated in the intel 82810E chipset, can this be replaced?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failing-graphics.307248/
Relevancy 29.67%

Nvidia G92s and G94 reportedly failing - The INQUIRER

A:G92 and G94 failing? FUD or Fact?

Following the myriad of links, one of the main problems seems to be inadequate cooling on the GPUs, leading to failures occurring from critical temps being reached pretty easily.

With my card, I was horrified to see it running as the hottest thing in my system - even OCed my CPU ran a full 20 degrees cooler on all cores than my GPU - so I installed teh eVGA Precision (after first trying RivaTuner) to manually run the fan a lot faster than the stock 37% when temps are under 80 deg C.

Now, I haven't experienced any failures, but I bet the day my fan dies (if it happens) I'll be one POed mofo. However, this is getting traded in for a 260, so....

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/173566-g92-g94-failing-fud-fact.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone My b f's computer is having an issue that his internet fails to connect after opening Internet Explorer Failing Internet It works fine if you don't use it and use Firefox or Safari instead but even these programs fail after a while He can't go to any websites and we've noticed some weird Processes like quot winlogon exe quot but not being run by Windows We've tried running Malwarebytes and the Internet Failing problem still persists We also don't have an Install or boot CD for Vista Here's the information from the stickie that's needed And thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Munky at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Service eLockServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eNet eNet Service exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Windows system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityService exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eSettings Service capuserv exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePowerSvc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Windows PLFSetL exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Users Munky AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Acer Empowering Technology ENET ENMTRAY EXE C Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ACER EMPOWERING FRAMEWORK SUPERVISOR EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUS... Read more

A:Internet Failing

Hello, and Welcome to TSF.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

You can read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here

How to disable McAfee:
Please open McAfee Security Centre
Under Common Tasks click on Home
Click Computer Files
Click Configure
Make sure the following are disabled by ticking the "Off" button.Virus protection
Spyware protection
System Guards Protection
Script Scanning Protection (you may have to scroll down to see it)
Next, select never for "When to re-enable real time scanning"
and click OK.
Further info on disabling and re-enabling McAfee: http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/...ernalID=222820

See this image to assist you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ee_disable.gif

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-failing-478676.html
Relevancy 29.67%

My friend has an HP Pavilion Elite m9350f which as of right now has a failing harddrive, with RAID enabled. We are able to boot Vista, but it freezes shortly after, so there is no way to back the files up from that approach. (As of right now, we are just trying to back up his files)

We have tried bootable Server 2008 and my Vista 64 CD's, which both were not able to read the harddrive, due to, I am assuming, missing RAID drivers.

Is there a way to reach to the harddrive and recover the files? The HP's recovery CD is absolutely pointless. It has no command prompt and its backup program fails miserably. It saves everything as a weird fbw extension, and none of them has made a complete transfer (or didnt have the patience to wait...)

Any kind of help will be of great help,
Thank you.

Relevancy 29.67%

This is actually a windows XP question You guys always seem to know the answer to my keeps explorer.exe failing vista problems so I'm hoping you can help me out here if not point me in the right direction I am using Win XP Pro and just recently my computer was hit by a power surge killed the power supply I have recently replaced it with an OCZ Watt supply and its up again But ever since then its been running a little explorer.exe keeps failing strange When I open up my computer and browse through a couple folders explorer exe quot encounters a problem quot and restarts itself The computer was running totally fine before this power surge its my everyday web design computer so I'm on it almost It seems to possibly happen when I copy paste files Besides this it seems like the HD quot thinks quot a lot more than it used to I'm kind of leaning towards the fact that my new power supply fan is a lot quieter if not silent compared to my other one so I hear the HD more than I used to I HAVE run a memory test on both GB DDR sticks AND a Seagate HD test on my two maxtor hard drives Everything passed with flying colors Does anybody have any idea Thanks for your time

A:explorer.exe keeps failing

Next would be to do a system test on your Windows Installation - SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/163046-explorer-exe-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everyone I'm trying to Vista x86 Failing SP2 update my old Vista Hard Drive to Service Pack It's currently on SP When I go to install SP it says before it even starts installing that it's failed I've googled and people say to use the Vista SP2 x86 Failing Windows Update so I try this but it always says I may need to restart my computer I've rebooted a good times now and Vista SP2 x86 Failing no different So another tip for this issue is to apparently install Windows Update System Readiness Something like that However when I go to install this the install fails before it even starts and gives me an error So Vista SP2 x86 Failing I've decided sack it I'll install a trial of Windows for now But as I go to install from the ISO burned DVD I made it fails saying it can't create an install space I then try using the Mounted ISO and that does the same It's like my Windows Vista SP has locked down everything to do with OS Updates etc Another out-there tip was to delete the vLite from Regedit but there's nothing of the sort there Why is my computer done goufed Please help

A:Vista SP2 x86 Failing

Problem is, you don't say what the error message is in most of these cases.

Have you tried disabling your anti-virus and all it's security features (some have firewalls).

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296905-vista-sp2-x86-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi We recently days ago HAD to reinstall reset this computer In short we keep updates failing 3 started experiencing blue screens and other significant problems and then lost the ability to access the internet It was decided to reset or what ever it is called the computer to its original delivery configuration and then reload everything that we added after we purchased the computer All went well we didn't experience any problems with the reload and product keys codes worked well even Vista didn't complain when it 3 updates keep failing was upgraded to Ultimate and we installed Bitdefender Total Security We now have an update problem there are three updates that repeatedly fail Other Updates have and are working including Optional we have tried restarting the computer updating without any other software running automatic updates and manually selecting the updates but no success so far The problem Updates are Security Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB Update for Windows Vista KB Download size MB P s I don't know if this is relevant but Trusted Installer is now consuming over sometimes of the cpu Pp s The Windows Update page quot Error s found quot message 3 updates keep failing is quot Code D Windows encountered an unknown error quot Regards Fred

A:3 updates keep failing

pp.s. The Windows Update page "Error(s) found:" message is "Code 8024200D Windows encountered an unknown error".

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296105-3-updates-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I'm working on a friends window machine which has been failing to update for apparently a failing Updates significant amount of time Details of the failed updates are shown below - Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Installation status Failed Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight KB Error details Code Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Error details Code C Update Updates failing for Windows for x Updates failing -based Systems KB Error details Code B Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Updates failing Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R for x KB Error details Code Addtionally Automatic Updates service is missing from the Services snap-in and the system readiness tool fails to install not correct for your system or similar I have reset windows updates and cleaned up and reinstalled net regsvr wuaueng dll returns a call to DllRegisterServer failure with x error and the SubInAcl tool from windows has no effect CheckSUR shows the following unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat any help would be very much apprieciated

A:Updates failing

Does this Windows 7 have SP1 installed?

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612450/updates-failing/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all This USB problems! failing is my first post and im sorry that it has to be failing USB problems! a Q not an answer but i wud gr tly appreciate u guys help i have failing USB problems! recently purchaseda second hand IBM thinkpad T laptop i have now realised that the usb port on the machine does not work as i expected it to when i a large amount of applications etcare open - the port seems to quot restart quot itself - the adsl modem restarts and everything that is plugged into the hub attatched to the modem also acts as if its just been plugged in - i have all the new drivers for the laptop as far as i believe but the problem remains - i was advised that xp sp contains advanced usb support however after installing that i still have the problem it happens both when it is running on both ac power and on battery if possible - i would be extremely greatful for your responses as i have just spent what to me is a large amount of money on the machine and i would be very dissappointed to fin out that it may in fact be faulty Thanks guys Samputer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failing-usb-problems.48448/
Relevancy 29.67%

Yesterday my comp crashed, and a disk scan reveiled several corrupt files, which were removed. Unfortunately, they were mostly .dll files (or even taskmgr.exe), so almost every program I try to run is coming up with errors. By downloading several of the missing dll files, I fixed some of the problems, but not all.

Most problematic is that almost any installation I try (including windows installer) fails without telling me why.

What can I do to get everything to work again?
System restores didn't work, and when I try to boot into safe mode, the computer freezes...

Is there any way to do a scan for the typical windows files that I should have, so that I can see which ones are missing?

Please help, Ive been working on this for hours with no progress...

A:Installations all failing...HELP

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installations-all-failing-help.60067/
Relevancy 29.67%

Recently my mic just seems to stop working every so often. there's been alot of 'popping' with the sound, especially on 720p+ videos then just failing altogether. I have to unplug the usb then re-plug it back in to hear sound again.(a couple times a day) My mouse, while not failing completely is just acting strange. It seems every so often when I single left click it will do a double click. its quite frustrating single clicking a file and it just opening. Yesterday I checked my drivers trying to find something and found Universal Serial Bus Controller driver was not installed. I read up on it and found it had something to do with chipset drivers? I went to gigabyte and installed the drivers; the yellow triangle with the ! in it disappeared but the problem still exists. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-headset-and-mic-keep-failing.1046890/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone I m on Windows x with a computer that has previously been running smoothly Here are some symptoms which I noticed all of which started within the past week I had accidentally downloaded a file off usenet which was supposed to be a video but was a exe Stupidly in my rush I clicked on it before Windows Security Essentials detected and deleted it Since then the computer a few minutes after booting will suffer slowdowns with the mouse cursor jerky movement slow keypress response can t Ctrl-Alt-Del and eventually BSOD a kernal inpage error Sometimes the BSOD mentions ntfs Not if failing sure HD rootkit or sys The dump will fail At Not sure if rootkit or failing HD one point the PC even BSOD on normal boot and safe mode but Windows recovery mode allowed me to boot again Safe mode doesn t seem to have the slowdown -- BSOD issue Here are some things I ve tried full chkdsk takes several overnight and seems to hang or eventually reset I didn t see any errors nor did I see any results I really can t keep an eye on it of the time I had issues updating Microsoft Security Essentials The error would indicate update failed When I finally got to run a full scan it doesn t finish before the BSOD I also haven t found anything using MSE I tried using MalwareBytes The first time I tried to install it indicated that it couldn t install properly since the directory was read-only or something weird like that I clicked quot retry quot a few times before finally choosing ignore After install it was clear something was wrong scans were weird couldn t update so I had to eventually reinstall and update in safe mode A full scan which took me several hours found nothing I tried MB Anti-Rootkit scan according to instructions but nothing was found I tried ComboFix before I read that I shouldn t have I tried rkill in both safe mode and normal boot but it couldn t find anything I tried TDSSkiller but it couldn t find anything I tried defragging my HD but the BSOD issue interrupted the program RootRepeal won t work since I am x I tried GMER but it didn t make any sense to me nor did it seem to find anything of note I don t see any HD SMART errors I really doubt a HD issue since I haven t had any but I know you can t predict them As you can see there are some suspicious behaviors with my computer with regard to virus scanners running into issues but I haven t been able to find any malware or hardware issues I m stuck since I ve always thought I was careful about malware It seemed like a TDSS problem at first but nothing s been found Thank you for your time

A:Not sure if rootkit or failing HD

... I don't see any HD SMART errorsLet's have a quick look ...How to obtain hard drive S.M.A.R.T. data on a Windows system and then paste the report into a forum postDownload the GSmartControl installer application:
Go to the GSmartControl - Downloads page.Scroll part way down the page to where the current version available for download will be displayed.
Click on the link to download the installer file to your computer.
(There may be a mirror link there also which will enable you download the file if the main download link does not work for some reason.)Double-click the downloaded application to run it and install GSmartControl on the computer.
Note: Vista/Win7 users, right-click > Run as AdministratorWhen installation is complete, run GSmartControl:
Start GSmartControl from the Start > Programs menu.When the interface has loaded and scanning for hard drives is complete, click on the hard drive icon to select the device.Go to Device on the top menu > View Details, and a new Device Information window will open.Click on the Attributes tab to display the S.M.A.R.T data values.Near the bottom of the window, click on View Output and a new Smartctl Output window will open.Right-click anywhere inside that window > Select All.Again right-click in that selected area > Copy.Now paste that in a reply to your topic.
Note: Please enclose the pasted report in CODE tags so that the spacing/formatting is preserved (to make it easier for all to read).
Firstly, click on the "Insert code snippet" button
You will then see the "start" and "end" code tags (highlighted in dark blue/selected in the image) in the text box.Click between the two tags to insert the cursor between the tags and then press <Ctrl+V> to paste the report there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480812/not-sure-if-rootkit-or-failing-hd/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey, i want some help i dont know what happened but it seems that my internet keeps failing. When i play a video game such as counter strike or world of warcraft, after about five minutes i get disconnected and my internet fails for about a minute. Ive had a few problems like this before, like i had somekind of browser hijack before and i couldnt access yahoo or google. But this is differnt. I dont think the modem is the problem. I think it may be some kind of spy ware or something. I used Spyware doctor, removed some programs that sneaked onto my computer. I also tried Trend Micro antivirus that helped clean up some stuff nothing helped though. I then tried using restore point and that failed to help. Any SuggEstions?

A:Internet Is Failing

Anti-malware freeware (You can run as many of these as you wish. Generally there is no conflict between these and you should always run several)*AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html *the two most important to have! Microsoft Antispyware Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspxSpywareBlaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.htmlMicrosoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (Win XP and Win 2000):http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspxA? - Free from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4281.html . Run it, click Search for Updates, then click Scan.Web based online Antivirus and anti-malware scans: (these can be run regardless of whatever else you are using. You must use Internet Explorer to run these.)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scannerhttp://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400#betatestPanda Activescan http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/co...n_principal.htmTrend Micro antivirus and malware scan:http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/en/st...orp.asp?id=scanEtrust Anti-virus web scannerhttp://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx.online trojan scans here - http://scan.sygatetech.com/pretrojanscan.html http://windowsecurity.com/trojanscanWindows Security Trojanscanhttp://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/trojanscan.asp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43726/internet-is-failing/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a backup prodesure that is failing every time The backup runs for hours which it s supposed to but fails at the very end The logs indicate an single user mode error Doing a bit of research I found these possibilities That error is generally unrelated to the actual problem If the Db is set to simple recovery mode instead of full recovery mode Changing this flag should clear the problem My transaction log would grow but shrinking it on a regualr basis would correct that There may be a flag that is set to quot Attempt to repair any minor problems quot int he integrity tab If this is selected it requires the Db to be in single user mode and the backup DB SQL backup failing... fails I haven t looked at any of these yet I m waiting for one last backup attempt to finish or fail but wanted to check in here to see if there were any people who have SQL DB backup failing... experienced the same problem nbsp

A:SQL DB backup failing...

What SQL are we talking about here? If it is MS SQL are you attempting to use the built in backup utility in SQL Admin?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-db-backup-failing.165667/
Relevancy 29.67%

I wasn't really sure where to put this, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

One of my PC's, running xp pro sp 3, has over the last few days developed an odd problem. Basically some (but not all) of the sofware on the computer will no longer run. You click the icon, the timer turns, then nothing. It doesn't crash or anything, just doesn't start the app. Looking in the task manager, the application is not showing, but in the process table you can see the software processes. So far I've found 4 that are doing it, including Mozilla Firefox, Sonic Record Now, Eagle and one other that I've just completely forgotten lol.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sonic and Firefox, neither of which made a difference, still does exactly the same thing.

Not sure where to start!

A:Software failing to run

Does this happen ins Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480549/software-failing-to-run/
Relevancy 29.67%

HI EVERYONE! ALL BROWERS CRASH WHEN TRYING TO VISIT A SITE...LOTS OF POP COME OUTAND MY NORTON  ONLY SHOWS COKIES TRACKING - RESOLVED WHEN RUNNED... BEFORE I GOT ERRORS SHOWING UP FROM NORTON,   SUCH AS  ERROR 3048,3, BUT UNABLE TO RESOLVED BY MY NORTONINTERNET SECURITY..PLS  HELP ME THANKS...Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:All browsers are failing; pop ups...

You could use the following KB article to fix this error, https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v63747322_EndUserProfile_en_us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500265/all-browsers-are-failing;-pop-ups/
Relevancy 29.67%

I installed Norton ivirus and it mad my computer hang up and not shut off I didn t realize it was Norton so I tested everything available in the computer to sort of narrow it down everything passed with flying colors except the ram s of errors in test on memtest ram failing v1.65 + new i tested each chip Patriot pc ddr and each chip failed changed slots on mobo and they still failed removed norton computer runs fine but won t pass memory tests Removed ram and tested it in another computer and it was fine Put really good ram in for a test OCX ddr don t exactly remember failed failing memtest + v1.65 on new ram the memtest computer runs fine faster with just two gigs than four gigs Doesn t hang any more but the memory has me puzzled Tried to run Windiag but it just freezes on the screen same disc on another computer runs the tests fine Set bios to default readings no overclocking just standard stuff Been searching on the web for days for the answer can t find out anything The computer is under warrantee but I don t want to pack it up and send it back Any help you can give me I would appreciate Frustrating problem but I am gaining valuable experience in the inner workings of todays computer Toto this don t look like Windows for Workgroups anymore nbsp

A:failing memtest + v1.65 on new ram

Have you tried lowering the memory speed to 166MHz (333 DDR). When you use 4 memory modules, Athlon64s either lower the memory speed or use a 2T command rate. See what is set in your BIOS.

I've had a similar problem with 4x 512mb modules & had to run them @ 166MHz for things to work fine. A BIOS update allows me to run them at full speed now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failing-memtest-v1-65-on-new-ram.45208/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,

I've got Shaw Secure Antivirus on my computer. When I do a full scan, it starts out normal but then slows down once it gets to about 40,000 files. It then grinds to a halt at about 50,000 files. During this time, it detects 2 viruses. I can't do anything about these viruses since it is not able to complete the scan.

Can anyone help me?

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2.

A:my antivirus is failing

Never heard of Shaw Secure. You can try an online scanner:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232993/my-antivirus-is-failing/
Relevancy 29.67%

I think my harddrive is failing and would like a second opinion before I go purchase another!

I continue to get DISK WRITE ERROR over and over again and the longer me pc is on the worse it gets, sometimes it is only 2 minutes before this happens and the pc is then useless.
I have run scandisk many many times and it will continue to find errors after a clean boot and the disk write error message. defragaging has not helped and this is getting frustrating trying to use this like so!

The pc is a Comcrap! (compaq) running 98 2nd with a 8 Gig harddrive and a 475 MHz
I do think it is the hard drive failing but thought some help may be a good start before replacing it!

Thanks for any input!
Mark

Relevancy 29.67%

My good ole cheap Aopen mobo's fan is dieing which modestly tries to keep the chipset cool. I have to ground myself and self propell it like an old plane with a plastic pen which im sure is very dangerous. So heres what i planned on replacing it with:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/vid-26.html

And this is my mobo with its current fan:

http://www.1p2p3p.com/mainboard/aopen/images/ak778xn-b.jpg

I just want to know if that fans gonna fit it I know VIA makes the chipset so whats with the other VIA thingy?? Anyways thanks.

Relevancy 29.67%

Hello all,

Recently my laptop started freezing randomly when using programs and started making buzzing sounds while watching a movie or anything else. So I ran a HDD diagnostic tool. Is the drive practically dead and is there something I can do to fix it? Any other suggestions also are greatly appreciated.

A:HDD failing? Need advise.

It's ill. "Practically dead" is a matter of opinion. It could die today, but it could have died at any moment without warning beginning with the day you bought it.

It can limp along in that state for an unknown period of time.

Drives come with a fixed number of "spare" good sectors. If the drive tries to write something to one of the bad sectors, that bad sector would be automatically replaced with one of the spare good sectors. Which is good, but there are only a limited number of spares. The data in that bad sector would be lost. Which is bad, unless you are indifferent to the contents of the drive.

I'd assume the worst and at least back up anything I cared about on it.

Personally, I'd replace the drive.

You can always just run it until it literally will not start, depending on your level of patience and indifference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397499-hdd-failing-need-advise.html