Windows Support Forum

Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

Q: Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

I live in India. I have 12 computers in two workgroup (9 and 3), also I have two different broadband plans of 2mbps on both workgroup.

Now I want to join two networks which I can do with a switch (I think). the main issue is that if I joined the two workgroup in a single network how I can run internet on different workgroup separately. in other words I want different internet broadband lines to two workgroup and also want them in a single network.

I run a shop have 9 computers as a cyber and 3 computers for working on a government website. and I don't want that cyber system use bandwidth of those three computers and also want these 3 computers to be on network so that I can monitor them from 1 place.

Thanks....

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

The key to your issue is where the 9 systems vs the 3 get DHCP replies.
If the 3 systems go to one router, they will get a gateway address of that router AND each system will also get a DEFAULT route pointing to that gateway address.

Here's my IPCONFIG, showing the gateway

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : socal.rr.com
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

and the routing table that gets created with that connection; notice the line beginning with 0.0.0.0 - - that's the default.

Code:
IPv4 Route Table
===================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.5 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.5 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
You must make sure that the two routers have different addresses!!!

Then the 9 systems will have their own gateway and route tables.

Assuming the three systems have a router address of 192.168.3.1 and the 9 systems use 192.168.9.1 [the third digit is the number of systems just to make this discussion clear]

then your problem becomes to connect the two networks inside the routing tables of all systems.

MANUALLY, you add a route using
on the 9.system side
route ADD 192.168.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.9.x METRIC 1​on the 3.system side
route ADD 192.168.9.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.y METRIC 1​​That makes TCP see both sides but only resources specifically requested cross from one side to the other - - USING IP ADDRESSES. If you need print/file shares using names, you will need
to add them to the drivers\etc\hosts file everywhere and the shared systems need fixed addresses :sigh:

I am reluctant to lead you down this path UNLESS you are very experienced as this is considerable customization and will need to be well documented.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-diffrent-interet-service-on-two-workgroup-in-a-network.193922/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello

Id like to change date on my account automaticly,
so for others account is normal and form my is changed.
how i can do this?

OS
Xp SP2

Regards

A:How to set diffrent times/dates for diffrent users accounts in XP

You could probably accomplish this with some form of batch file or logon script. Maybe this page will help.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-set-diffrent-times-dates-for-diffrent-users-accounts-in-xp-204089.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Recently started losing connection to the internet often but when checking my Network and Connections it would tell me my signal was great I ha a used router Losing good to network. with connection interet wireless off of craig s list for a while but recently replaced it with a D-Link N Home Router I also had an issue with my modem but after a technician came everything seems to be working right Ipad Iphone and desktops connected directly to the router Losing interet with good connection to wireless network. have no issue whatsoever at this point but I still lose internet Losing interet with good connection to wireless network. with a strong connection to the network The loss of internet occurs more often when I am doing something more bandwith consuming such as Peer-to-peer downloading or viewing HD streams such as Hulu Netflix or TwitchTV When doing any of these a disconnect can happen after seconds or less of having internet and I m unable to rejoin without a restart without waiting nearly minutes This computer had a good connection while plugged in to the router but that is not an ideal long term solution Model of computer is PP L or Dell Studio Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G P Antivirus None Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Derek gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Derek-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List austin rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - -D -DC-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F- C-D - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -E - -D -DC-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cfb a ec e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained amp amp amp Lease Expires amp amp amp Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -B -AC- F- C-D - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - A-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained amp amp amp Lease Expires amp amp amp Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -B -AC- F- C-D - E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C E F -C B - BCF-B D - E ACBC EB Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e a e Preferred Default Gateway c c c a c a DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap austin rr com Connection-specific DNS Suffix austin rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes L... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

unfortunatly last night I fried my Amd motherboard in an xp computer by trying to adding a ram while the computer was up and running, anyhow I am trying to replace it with an intel celeron processor would I need a diffrent case or tower or would it just bolt right in there?
Could I have possibly damaged my hard drive as well?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:diffrent mother board , diffrent towers??

Amir_kvs said:

adding a ram while the computer was up and running...Click to expand...

well that would fry a computer... :haha: If you have a normal sized case it shouldn't need replacing.. but don't go with celeron. they are useless. either go with pentium 4 or amd 64.. :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diffrent-mother-board-diffrent-towers.34778/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello!
My Network router show my DSL "Upstream Speed 190kbps and Downstream Speed 575kbps " but if i check my connection speed in Speednet.com i receive different speeds. So why is that?

A:Why my network speed diffrent?

Speedtest sometimes make a mistakes.
I think you sholud try on different server,or you can try this site:
speed.io - Internet DSL Speedtest

See my results to speedtest and speed.io. I have 8MBits,and as you can see the results speed.io is better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/134909-why-my-network-speed-diffrent.html
Relevancy 61.06%

ok, here is the situation, I have a lynksys wireless-b broadband router and two computers connected to it, one through ethernet and the other through wireless.both computers are running xp home W/sp2. my question is can i network them together or do they have to be the same type of connection, if i can how do i?

A:can I network with diffrent types of connections

It should work. Set it up normally. I believe the wireless will have an encryption option where the wired computer won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-network-with-diffrent-types-of-connections.409716/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello recently out of the blue my computer hasn t been able to connect to the internet I have a wireless laptop and wired xbox on the same router which can access the interet Here is a bit of my IPCONFIG Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon access router unidentified - Windows 7 network to and No Interet no Access E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - B- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f f a Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A- - - - - B- F- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Network adaptor is on automatic ip addressing I have uninstalled the bonjour service thinking that was the problem uninstalled installed and updated the network adaptor drivers and have reset the tcp ip stack none of these have worked I have tried a different cable in both a different ethernet port on my computer and a different ethernet port on my router Ive tried searching and finding a solution for two long days but have found no solution can anyone shine some light for me here and help me fix this nbsp

A:Windows 7 unidentified network - No Interet Access and no access to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-unidentified-network-no-interet-access-and-no-access-to-router.960517/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello

I have 2 Windows 10 PC:s, on one of the I get the newest version of the Tunein Radio-app, and on the other one, I get a old version. How come? I install both of the via marketplace

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36922-i-get-diffrent-tunein-app-diffrent-pc-s.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ya ya I know its real easy.... till you try....

I have a desktop on Vista and a laptop on Win 7.
The desktop is connected directly to the router and the laptop
connects remotely.

Anyhow, before I get to the nitty gritty, a question or two.

Do I do the setup from one machine or the other, or on both ?

Now, what is the easiest way to do this ?

p.s. looking into this a bit I see Vista has "workgroup'" and Win 7 has "workgroup'" and "homegroup" ?

Thanks

A:How to set up a workgroup and network

Welcome
Not that easy. If it were there would not be long articles about the subject. Hope this helps
How do I make Windows 7 HomeGroup content accessible to Vista and XP? | TechRepublic

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/291398-how-set-up-workgroup-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I could 'see' my shared XP machine and my MacBook from my Win7 computer over my wireless network last night be cannot see them now. I can 'see' the Win7 from the XP machine on Workgroup computers but I cannot 'see' any computers from my Win7 network now.

I have seen another post like this but the solution there was to buy another wireless router but I just bought a new Netgear 11n router and it is working fine for internet access.

A:Workgroup Computers come and go on Network

This may be due to the changes in the network stack of windows 7 (and Vista), the changes require an update to XP to utilise the Link Layer Topology.

I believe this is included in later service packs and updates but it can be downloaded manually if needed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

As for the MAC i'm not sure what updates are available there

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34464-workgroup-computers-come-go-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I can't see the other two computers on my workgroup network.

A:I can't see the other two computers on my workgroup network.

Well, have you turned on the sharing on ALL machines?

Do you have the same Workgroup listed on all machines?

Do you have a common account on ALL machines, this accounts needs to the same user name and same password?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-see-the-other-two-computers-on-my-workgroup-network.1166858/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to setup my computer so they can share files in a workgroup. I have set a workgroup on my 2 computer however when I look at the workgroup in My Network it is only showing the respective computer and not the other computer. I have set up files to share and a printer and nothing shows. I am accessing the internet via a Actiontec DSL Modem that also has a Linksys Broadband Wireless Router (WRT54G) attached. One of my computer is directly connected to the router via a Ethernet connection and the other computer connects wirelessly. Both computers get onto the internet fine but they just don't see other regarding the files/printer I want to share between them. I hope someone can help me figure out this problem.

Thank you,

Mike

Relevancy 50.31%

i have a little problem with uninstall workgroup that i install.
when i go to: My Network Places -> View workgroup computers i see a network with a name "home". when i double click it i see one computer. and i don't need this "home" network at all. how i can uninstall it?

thanks.

A:network/workgroup uninstall help

Every computer has a workgroup or domain assigned to it. You can't get rid of it. It doesn't really matter if its the only machine you have anyways. It probably just shows your machine. If it is showing other machines and you don't want it to, then you can change your workgroup to something else so nothing shows up. The workgroup name is just something for peer to peer networks. If you only have one PC, then you don't need to worry about it. It is probably just showing your computer.

That's just like saying that you don't need a computer name. You have to have one, even if it is no use to you. Just the way it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-workgroup-uninstall-help.440686/
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to set up a home network with 2 computers, both XP Pro and using a router for internet and network access. I've gone through the procedures several times. On computer 1 ("network" printer attached), when I try to "view network computers," I get a message that says that I am not authorized to access my workgroup. On computer 2, I can see both computers through the network when I "view network computers," but, when I try to see what is on computer 1, I get a message stating that computer 1 is inaccessible. In both cases the message also indicates that I may not have the required permission. I am logged on as an administrator on both PCs, so I think that shouldn't be an issue, but who knows!!!

A:Can't Access My Own Workgroup on a New Network

Closing duplicate to another thread already in progress: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/673583-can-t-access-my-own.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-my-own-workgroup-on-a-new-network.673661/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just set my laptop and my pc on a home workgroup. I have shared everything needed from the pc, I was able to map a network drive for my files and a seperate drive for my wifes on the pc. I can connect to the X: with my files from the laptop but am unabble to connect to the Z: with my wifes files on it. I get the error message,
Z:\ is not accessible, access is denied, any help would be great!

A:Workgroup network drives

Are you referring to her My Documents?
Did you give yourself file and share permissions to her files on that comptuer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-network-drives.569497/
Relevancy 50.31%

Please help! I have a router and two (laptop and desktop) XP professional pcs connected as a workgroup. When I browse the network from the desktop it sees the laptop but cannot connect to it or ping it. The laptop can ping the desktop but doesn't see it when I browse from network places. Both computers are getting DHCP from the router and they can both browse the internet. I want to beable to share files and printing to each. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing. Oh, I have also created shares on each computer and have the same user account on each machine.

Thanks,
Zahr

A:[SOLVED] XP Pro Workgroup Network

Well you should be able to ping them if one can ping the other and get a response. Lets see the results of ipconfig /all on each machine first

start > run > cmd > ipconfig /all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-pro-workgroup-network.157245/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to connect my computer to MSHOME workgroup I have reviewed several other posts dealing with similar issues Checked quot Services quot and have included ipconfig nbtstat and net view info below Pinging this machine returns packets and pinging from this machine returns packets I am getting a system error when i run net view and can t find any more info Network adapter is functional workgroup to connect Can't network and still can access internet Just can t access other computers on my home network quot MSHOME is not accessable quot Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DW Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel Can't connect to network workgroup R PRO MTW Can't connect to network workgroup Network Connec tion Physical Address - F- F- - - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October P M C Documents and Settings Jeff gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- DW lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt gt GROUP Registered DW lt gt UNIQUE Registered MSHOME lt E gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings Jeff gt net view System error has occurred A device attached to the system is not functioning Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have five computers in the network, all identifiable, and another one, called Anonymous. I have two workgroups, and Anonymous is in both of them.

I connect all computers either wirelessly or wired through a router/modem wireless.

I have zonealarm and firewall, wpa password set on router/modem.

Then after 30 or so minutes, anonymous disappears!?!?

What is the possibility of this being a ghost? I never had this pop up until recently. Did virus check and nothing came up. I'm concerned someone may have hacked into my account.

I recently installed Windows XP Black on one of my PCs (pirated), and sometimes I wonder if people who create these pirates can have access to your computers?

A:Workgroup network - Anonymous

Remove that copy/delete and Use genuine Windows XP OS from your CD. Turn off the XP Black from your network what happens if you do that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workgroup-network-anonymous.130299/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm running Windows 7 Pro. I noticed tonight when I clicked on Network in Windows Explorer that in addition to my home PCs there is a PC with someone's name on it. There's also a "Router" listed. My suspicion is that my wireless ISP has screwed up in some way. I ran SoftPerfect's Network Scanner and don't see any strange IP addresses, so this stranger's PC is not on my subnet. What tools are available to scan my network and give me more info about the stranger's PC and the "Router"? (I do not think the Router is my actual router since that's not its name.)

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I What to fail my workgroup causes network have four pc s connected through a GX-D ASUS switch which is now a few years old Two of the pc s have just been upgraded to windows the other two are on windows Also into the switch goes my BT broadband router and my network hp printer n Suddenly I am losing the complete network during normal use Instead of having green lights on my switch one of them goes amber and another has no light on at all If I unplug the switch from the power and then power back up all the What causes my network workgroup to fail lights go orange What causes my network workgroup to fail and then turn to green and the network comes back on This has never happened before until today and it has happened twice really frustrating I am not very techy and think the switch has became faulty Should I go buy a new switch or might it be something else Need it explaining in layman terms please as I don t have a clue Thanks for your help nbsp

A:What causes my network workgroup to fail

Hi Shelley123. If your router has at least 4 Ethernet ports at the rear, there is no need for a switch as you have 4 pc's. If your "router" only has 1 Ethernet port, what you have is a modem. Normally, your Internet signal comes in and goes to a modem first, and if you have more than 1 pc or devices that need wireless connectivity,you would connect a wireless router to that single modem port and connect your 4 pc's to the 4 ports found on most routers.If you had at least 5 devices that need to be connected by Ethernet cable, you would use a switch which you would connect to one of your router's ports, then connect the fourth pc and any other Ethernet device to one of the 4 or more ports on the switch. Are you sure you are using a switch and not a hub? Could you tell us what other hardware you have in your network besides your 4 pc's which you connect by Ethernet cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-causes-my-network-workgroup-to-fail.197556/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have 2 XP Pro SP 3 connected to a DLink DI 524 router. The WAN wireless works fine. Both are wired into the LAN with ethernet. I have a workgroup set up called "HOME". My laptop (MTCMOBILE)" can see my desktop "MTC" and mount drives which are connected to MTC. From MTCMOBILE I can ping both the router and MTC. The only annoying thing is in My Network Places I have so search for MTC every time. However (here is the real issue) the connectivity seem to be only one way. From MTC I can ping the router but I cannot ping MTCMOBILE. I can see MTCMOBILE in My Network Places as a member of the workgroup HOME but when I try to connect I get a permissions denied error. This is really annoying. Please help, thanks

A:XP Pro workgroup and network setup problem

Sounds like a firewall issue. Try disabling all firewalls and test.... if it works... then enable whatever u use till u find the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-workgroup-and-network-setup-problem-299962.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have computers on a network PCs are using XP PC is using Vista PC is using Windows all computers use the same Network name all computers Connect in network a to workgroup a Solved: use the same workgroup name All computers are visible in the network I can Ping each PC from Any one of the PCs The windows pc can access all of the files amp Folders in the workgroup on all PCs using XP The PC using Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network Vista can access all of the files amp Folders in the workgroup on all PCs using XP The PC using windows can assess the public files amp Folders on the PC using Vista The PC using Vista can assess the public files amp Folders on the PC using Windows The PCs using Vista amp Windows are both Wireless Now my problem is that I can not access any user files or Folders on Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network the PC using Vista from the PC using Windows or any of the PCs using Xp I can not access any user files or Folders on the PC using Windows from the PC using Vista or any of the PCs using Xp From any PC trying to access the C Drive on The PC using Vista I get this error ACCESS DENIED ERROR CODE x And From any PC trying to access the C Drive on The PC using Windows I get this error Windows cannot access PCNAME c Check spelling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve network problems click diagnose ERROR CODE x Access Denied nbsp

A:Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network

The problem was. Windows 7 will not connect to any other workgroup other than windows 7. If you want to network your Windows XP, Vista, and/or Windows 7 Click this link and follow the instructions. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/ And share your files and folders thru your network. Forget WORKGROUP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-to-a-workgroup-in-a-network.976281/
Relevancy 49.88%

I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I have searched this forum, and others.

-I have set the workgroup identically on my windows 7 machine and my 10.6 MBP.

-I CAN smb to my windows 7 machine successfully.

-Neither my windows 7 or mac os x recognize one another in their respective network "browsers"

-With iTunes open on both machines, it successfully recognizes the libraries.

I am not a networking genius, but I'm fairly literate if someone could help me out, please.

This could be a whole separate issue, but even when connected to my windows 7 machine through VPN, the machines don't show up on their respective network "browsers"

Thanks

A:Workgroup/network sharing Mac OS X(I have searched)

Quote: Originally Posted by opsis

I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I have searched this forum, and others.

-I have set the workgroup identically on my windows 7 machine and my 10.6 MBP.

-I CAN smb to my windows 7 machine successfully.

-Neither my windows 7 or mac os x recognize one another in their respective network "browsers"

-With iTunes open on both machines, it successfully recognizes the libraries.

I am not a networking genius, but I'm fairly literate if someone could help me out, please.

This could be a whole separate issue, but even when connected to my windows 7 machine through VPN, the machines don't show up on their respective network "browsers"

Thanks

Hi Opsis, and welcome.

1. What do you mean by network browsers?

2. You gave the same network name on both machines?

3. Have you created at least one shared folder on the machines?

4. Do you have them connected through a router?

5. DCHP or fixed ip's?

6. Can the machines ping each other?

7. Can you post a command prompt after entering ipconfig /all,
and respective command on the mac?
(I don't know abything about mac's.)

Greetings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28465-workgroup-network-sharing-mac-os-x-i-have-searched.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i m unable to join and share files on a private office workgroup, although i use the lan wire in the office to connect to my laptop...how do share files..there is no firewall or anything..i and the entire office use windowsXP...help

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there, how is everyone? Been going here for help for a while now, but everything I've read here about this type of issue has given me no fixes.

I'm attempting to setup a home network between my desktop, wired, and my laptop, wireless. Both are running WinXP home.

I've tried using WinXP's network setup wizard with no luck. I've read quite a few different guides/troubleshooters on the web, and even with those I can't seem to get this to work.

My laptop now shows under Network Connections as Enabled, Shared, Firewalled, my desktop simply Connected, Firewalled.

I'm not sure what other information you guys are going to need, so let me know.

Thanks in advance, you guys are lifesavers.

Relevancy 49.88%

Im not sure this is the right place but here goes I have one PC running and a Popcorn hour media streamer Both connected to a router via cable Since i upgraded to from my PCH now cant see the workgroup in its network browser window but it connects to the shares i have set up on it from my PC All three devices see can cant Network workgroup streamer but connect. have been rebooted many times over that past few days the PC goes off at night as does the PCH Ive not changed anything on the PCH and nothing on the PC although maybe something was reset when i upgraded It wasn't a clean install but then it wasn't the previous time and i had no issues The PC can see and access the PCH without any problems Ive never had to mess with the windows firewall before to get this working but im now thinking maybe i need to Any ideas what can have happened I know i should have done a clean install but as both devices are seeing each other sort Network streamer cant see workgroup but can connect. of starting again is a last resort Dave

A:Network streamer cant see workgroup but can connect.

sorry to say... but this is why its highly recommended to not do upgrades from interim builds. Especially from a beta/preRC to the "official" RC.... wasnt the real intention of MS. The reason being is, how many ppl will have to upgrade their PC to win7 from some interim/leaked build? not many, this is why the only upgrade talk was for vista users. Also strongly recommending to do a clean install if on the beta... which means any beta in real smarts talk. Not flaming you here, just trying to get you and others to realize that this is a proper way of doing things in a "test" field scenario, which this is.

Yes, there are ways TO upgrade (from betas). When i think of ppl doing this, chevy chase and the lampoons vacation movies come to mind for some reason. Something usually turns another something into a bigger problem, that could have been avoided with a little thought instead of haste. (great flicks tho)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8299-network-streamer-cant-see-workgroup-but-can-connect.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am operating Windows XP computers, three of them to be exact. I create a home network workgropup called "PNet2". I have used the wireless setup disk to put this network on all computers in the house. I've made sure that all computers have the same workgroup name. The only workgroup that shows up on each computer is itslf. It does not show the other three computers. I was finally able to see all computers on one of my computers, but when I click on it, i get the error message PNet2is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I have googled and tried almost everything I can think off. Please help as I am trying to share files and a printer on all computers.

A:Cannot Connect to Any Workgroup on Home Network

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

If nothing there helps you, please post this for each computer.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-any-workgroup-on-home-network.794698/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've just installed win7pro/64 on 2 computers on a workgroup network with file sharing enabled on the c drive of both computers and get the "no permission" message. I enabled the network selection to work rather than home or public. Looking for the cure.

A:Sharing between 2 win7pro64 in workgroup network

With Windows 7 the default sharing is enabled by default from the C:>Users folder rather than from the root of the C: drive so it's best to change those settings back on the C: drive.

If you want to share any of the C:Users\Username folders then you need to add permissions via the advanced Sharing tab at the C:Users>Username folder, because by default this folder has a lock on it.

All this complication can easily be avoided by simply creating a Homegroup on one machine then joining the other machine to the Homegroup using the Homegroup password.

Homegroup - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335842-sharing-between-2-win7pro64-workgroup-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a problem with accessing shared resources over my home network I have a windows vista desktop and xp laptop I was able to share drives and printers before and for some reason can t anymore I did change ISP s and pc's on Can't network detect workgroup in Solved: appear to have started having issues since around that time I checked with them and there Solved: Can't detect pc's in workgroup on network are no settings on the router that would cause this Desktop connects via wired connection to my wireless router Laptop connects via wireless connection I tried the resetting of IP settings as suggested in another post on the vista pc with no result When I try to access from xp in network places under view workgroup computers it things for a minute and says that my network name is not accessible and that I may not have permission I have been fighting with this on and off for some time and can t see what is wrong at all Can someone pls let me know if there is a simple solution to this I am a homegrown pc tech and hate not being able to solve this type of problem Thanks Robby nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a small home network with three computers, Bravo, Delta and Harpo. All are running Win 7 Home Prem. x64. I'm using workgroup networking and all parameters are set the same. All are sharing drives D and F. All have identical user names and passwords. The problem is: Bravo can read and write to Delta and Harpo, Harpo can read and write to Bravo and Delta, Delta can read and write to Harpo but attempting to access Bravo gives a popup asking for a Network user name and password. No known user name and password works. I've tried a number of suggestions found on this forum (system time/date, security and sharing permissions (both set to everyone full control), etc. and nothing has changed. I've about pulled my hair out on this one. Any help appreciated.

A:One Workgroup computer wants Network Password

After 5 days of constantly checking the shares the problem has slowly resolved to the point that delta is now almost never asked for a network password when accessing bravo. Nothing done in the last 5 days except occasionally retrying the share. From other posts in various forums intermittently asking for a network password appears to be an occasional quirk of Win 7 workgroup networking especially with Home Premium. No one seems to have found a reason or a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308493-one-workgroup-computer-wants-network-password.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This is a clean install of Vista on a Gateway notebook, using the OS CD supplied by Gateway.

System is a Intel Core 2 Dou 1.83 CPU with 4GB of RAM.

320GB harddrive, the C Drive is about 75GB after repartitioning it.

The install of Vista went smoothly and I have updated everything via Windows Update.

My problem is that I can not change the name of the network workgroup from "WORKGROUP" to "HOME".

When I get in there to do it it lets me make the change, but when I click OK to save it I get the following error...

"The following error occurred validating the name "STEVE-LAPTOP".
A general network error occurred."

I tried doing it in safe mode and it is greyed out there I can't even type in a new name.

Thanks;
Steve

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/184480-unable-change-network-workgroup-name.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yeah I have tried every possible username password combo I have ever EVERYTHING??? Prompt Network Workgroup almost Password tried created The thing is that it works great all day then put both PC's to Workgroup Network Password Prompt tried almost EVERYTHING??? sleep and when they are awaken it will do it Every passwword is rejected and then randomly I will click on the computers folder containing shared stuff and it opens proper then the mapped drives all get the blue border like normal and they work Ive been battling it for weeks now and every googled solution has either not worked or maybe worked once and then the next day doesnt The only thing I havnt done is the create DWORD registry value which Im clueless as to how to properly do it Setup is win home premium and win ultimate all bit workgroup name is same for all and PC's all have different names Sharing Workgroup Network Password Prompt tried almost EVERYTHING??? settings are full control read write for quot EVERYONE quot and password Workgroup Network Password Prompt tried almost EVERYTHING??? protected sharing is OFF All of the other advanced network and sharing options are all properly set for sharing I have put the same profile username password on each workgroup pc with admin rights I can join them on a quot homegroup quot but cant map network drive with a homegroup shared folder I swear I have spent hours reading forums before I went through with registering and posting but I'm getting desperate If anyone can help just let me know I'll check back often and will surely update if ever solved If I left out something helpfull let me know The computers are hooked to a wireless router and have never had internet issues and the computer with shares is always visible but randomly decides it needs this network password

A:Workgroup Network Password Prompt tried almost EVERYTHING???

Hi Trabang, Welcome to Seven Forums.
This is how I do it. Network File Sharing.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212287-workgroup-network-password-prompt-tried-almost-everything.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I have three PCs in my network. Two running XP professional and one running XP home edition.

Two PCs (One professional and the Home) work fine and are no problem.

On the third I recently removed LogMeIn.

On that machine, when I create the WORKGROUP network, the new network entry fails to display under My Network Places \ Entire Network.

Instead 'LogMeIn Virtual Disk Network' alone displays.

It would appear that the WORKGROUP has been created and is working (as I can see this machine under the WORKGROUP on the other two systems) but the workgroup fails to display.

The display is vital as it is required when I want to attach a network drive to the system.

It has been suggested that I remove entries relating to LogMeIn from the registry but this causes the system to crash on a reboot.

Thanks in anticipation.

Stuart

Relevancy 49.88%

Trying to set up a home network with 2 computers, both XP Pro and using a router for internet and network access. I've gone through the procedures several times. On computer 1 ("network" printer attached), when I try to "view network computers," I get a message that says that I am not authorized to access my workgroup. On computer 2, I can see both computers through the network when I "view network computers," but, when I try to see what is on computer 1, I get a message stating that computer 1 is inaccessible. In both cases the message also indicates that I may not have the required permission. I am logged on as an administrator on both PCs, so I think that shouldn't be an issue, but who knows!!!

Relevancy 49.88%

Once a machine is set up as a domain server, can it be changed to a standard peer-to-peer workgroup computer or does tha OS have to be reloaded from scratch.

A:Converting Domain network to Workgroup

It can be converted, I believe it's pretty simple for Server 2000 or 2003. As I recall, it was much more difficult with NT Server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-domain-network-to-workgroup.357413/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to view all computers in my network. If I click "view workgroup computers", I can view only computers in my workgroup. There are more computers with different workgroup name in the network. I would like to view them as well. Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-view-computers-in-different-workgroup-in-the-same-network.979397/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have computers on a network PCs are using XP PC is using Vista PC is using Windows all computers use the same Network name all computers use the in workgroup a Connect to a network Solved: same Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network workgroup name All computers are visible in the network I can Ping each PC from Any one of the PCs The windows pc can access all of the files amp Folders in the workgroup on all PCs using XP The PC using Vista can access all of the files amp Folders in the workgroup on all PCs using XP The PC using windows can assess the public files amp Folders on the PC using Vista The PC using Vista can assess the public files amp Folders on the PC using Windows The PCs using Vista amp Windows are both Wireless Now my problem Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network is that I can not access any user files or Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network Folders on the PC using Vista from the PC using Windows or any of the PCs using Xp I can not access any user files or Folders on the PC using Windows from the PC using Vista or any of the PCs using Xp From any PC trying to access the C Drive on The PC using Vista I get this error ACCESS DENIED ERROR CODE x And From any PC trying to access the C Drive on The PC using Windows I get this error Windows cannot access PCNAME c Check spelling of the name Otherwise there might be a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve network problems click diagnose ERROR CODE x Access Denied nbsp

A:Solved: Connect to a workgroup in a network

Windows 7 will not connect to any other workgroup other than windows 7. If you want share your network with Windows XP, Vista, and/or Windows 7 Click this link and follow the instructions. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/ And share your files and folders thru your network and forget WORKGROUP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connect-to-a-workgroup-in-a-network.976316/
Relevancy 49.88%

This is going to drive me insane! Ive had this problem for a while now.This is the basic explanation:

I am in a house with about 7 other computers (8 computers total). And when i go to "My Network Places" and then proceed to click on "View workgroup computers" its completely blank. My workgroup is accessible but i cant see any computers including my own and all the computers are on the the same workgroup . Ive tried pinging which works. I can ping every computer in the house but cant access them and i don't have a firewall installed (and windows firewall is off, likewise for the other computers) and the other computers only have standard anti-virus including my own computer. When i try to type the address in the address bar for example "\\10.0.0.10" it just says network resource is not available or not accessible. what could it be? Need help asap thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am having a small problem with my home network Before I delve into the details here is my configuration and a few things that I have done so far - I have a desktop and a laptop both running XP SP - The desktop is hard-wired to a Linksys WRT- GX wireless router and the laptop connects wirelessly - Windows Firewall is disabled on both systems - The Router has an SPI Firewall enabled - Norton Internet Security is enabled on both systems - I configured the Norton firewall on both systems to fully trust the other system - I ran the Windows Network Wizard to enable File amp Print Sharing on both systems - Selected directories have been shared on each system I can access the shared folders from the desktop to laptop and vice versa I can PC's issue access Network with Workgroup transfer files between the two and run executables I can even take remote Network access issue with Workgroup PC's control of each from the other system via pcAnywhere When I run Explorer on my laptop I can drill down through My Network Places Entire Network Microsoft Windows Network and the network workgroup name When I select the Workgroup name both systems are listed When I select the remote desktop pc I see all of the shares that I defined and I can access them That is working as expected The weird part is that when I attempt to access my laptop shares from the desktop with the exact same process I receive a message stating that computer is not accessible and that I might not have permission to use this network resource This happens when I select the laptop computer name that is listed under the network workgroup name Now I can map a drive with a net use command from my desktop to the laptop without issue Once I do this the assigned network drive letter along with the share name and laptop computer name is displayed in Explorer under the My Computer section and I can select it and access the files But if I Network access issue with Workgroup PC's try and select the laptop computer name under My Network Places I receive the same access error message I can also access the laptop shares by typing the unc share path in the Explorer address bar at the top of the screen The same is true if I type in the unc share path at the Run option under the Start button Note if I type just the laptop computer name in the address bar or in the Run option LaptopComputerName I receive the same access error as I do under My Network Places If I do the same thing in Explorer on my laptop I do not receive the access error All of the desktop shares are displayed Just for giggles I briefly disabled the Norton firewall on both systems and experienced the same issue Does anybody have an idea why I only have an issue accessing the laptop under My Network Places and how to fix it

A:Network access issue with Workgroup PC's

It sounds like the laptop name has changed, but the old name still exists as a share name. Reconfirm the laptop computer name, and you might just change the name to see if that makes a difference.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-access-issue-with-workgroup-pcs-540830.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been searching the web looking for any resources that can tell me what protocols are required to set up a Windows workgroup between two Windows 8 machines. Is there any difference for two Windows 7 machines? It seems like TCP/IP is a good place to start but which supporting protocols are required if any?

Thank you

A:Which network protocols are required to set up a workgroup

If you have not made changes to Services.msc, the computer will connect to a Network and SMB will allow you to connect to shares. For what services do what. See ? Service Configurations

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51107-network-protocols-required-set-up-workgroup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Have an odd problem and am hopng someone can help. I have two pc's- one a W7 the other is a xp. I have two streamers: Boxee Box and Pop Corn Hour. Through various trial/error I have determined I can't access the workgroup from both the w7 and xp on either streamer. In other words, both streamers should be able to access workgroup on my network and neither can. I have tried resetting the router, both pc's, streamers etc. All files/folders set to share. I am not an expert but it seems since both streamers can't access my workgroup, the problem might be with windows. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you

A:Trying to stream media over my network..... Can't access Workgroup

Quote: Originally Posted by 64met

Have an odd problem and am hopng someone can help. I have two pc's- one a W7 the other is a xp. I have two streamers: Boxee Box and Pop Corn Hour. Through various trial/error I have determined I can't access the workgroup from both the w7 and xp on either streamer. In other words, both streamers should be able to access workgroup on my network and neither can. I have tried resetting the router, both pc's, streamers etc. All files/folders set to share. I am not an expert but it seems since both streamers can't access my workgroup, the problem might be with windows. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you

Hi

Can your Win7 and XP PC's access shared folders on each others PC? Have you tried the streamers with the firewalls switched off?

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184755-trying-stream-media-over-my-network-cant-access-workgroup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a network with aprox 150 workstations (90% windows XP profesional, 10% Windows7 32 or 64 bit), and I receive from time to time this message ONLY on windows XP workstations:
" Workgroup is not accessible.You might not have permission to use this network resource"
All the time I could access the various workgroup computers by entering their IP like \\192.168.1.5 or \\mikepc
All the time i can ping any of the workstation without any problem.
All the time using Search computers on the network I find computer name.
What i curiously find is, that if i reboot one of a switch(unmanaged) from my network the problem seem disapear for some time (from 1 hour to several days).
First i suspect the unmanaged switch but the problem seem to manifest only on Windows XP computers.
What can be the cause ?

A:Workgroup is not accesible. You might not have permission to use this network resourc

With Windows XP Pro the limit for "simultaneous connections" for file and printer sharing is ten (10). With 150 workstations there are lots of opportunities to reach that limit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-is-not-accesible-you-might-not-have-permission-to-use-this-network-resourc.1069254/
Relevancy 49.45%

Had the same network of about 40 computers for several years. Suddenly this week, trying to view workgroup computers via My Network Places is unstable. Sometimes it will show half the computers, sometimes just one or two, sometimes it says my network is not available. I might not have permission...No more connections can be made to this remote computer.

I've been googling for a couple days now and I can't find anything that works.

I can ping all the computers.
All computers can access the internet.
All computers cannot see the whole network anymore. Last week, it was fine. I didn't make any changes.

I did update all computers via Microsoft Update during the last two weeks.

My workaround is to type \\computername and I can get to everyone, but I want resolution...closure. I want the network to work again like last week!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks,
Lisa

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a simple network home workgroup that is used by my wife and son They store data on my system because it s a big n and then pull as needed The current configuration is that those folders used by them are shared with quot everyone quot Yet this concerns me and any possible outside influence i e internet simple network home A workgroup Solved: gaining access to the data I d like to secure the shared folders with a profile password combination but I don t need to provide them general access to my system they prefer their system anyway and they have my passwords for the system too So the real question s Do I need to be concerned about the quot outside influence quot If so how may I set up the following a Create profiles that may be used to access shared folders read write update delete Solved: A simple workgroup home network b Prevent exclude those same profiles Solved: A simple workgroup home network from signing on to my system c Prevent exclude those same profiles from appearing on the quot Welcome Screen quot Thank you for your help nbsp

A:Solved: A simple workgroup home network

If you are behind a NAT router, you don't have to worry about the outside influences sniffing around your local network. I would be more concerned with a nosy neighbor or passerby going through my shares through a wireless connection. I sleep well at night, and you can too if you enable WPA encryption on your wireless signal if you use one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-simple-workgroup-home-network.529914/
Relevancy 49.45%

We have 4 desktop systems namely A, B, C & D under work group by name "MSHOME". While we could access three systems namely A,B & C thro network places, last system D could not be accessed from all the three namely A, B & C. Similarly from system "D" we could not access other systems A,B & C. While viewing work group computers option, it is showing all 4 systems. Can you help me out

A:workgroup computers not showing in network places.

Assuming that you have enabled file and printer sharing on "D" the problem is likely a firewall on "D" blocking the desired access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-computers-not-showing-in-network-places.1163873/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All
I have 5 PCs connected to a switch in a workgroup mode, all PCs can ping each other & can access each other by \\computer name\share drive, but, only 2of the PCs can see all the PCs under my network, the rest can see only 3 out of 5 PCs.

Is there any restriction on the number of the viewed PCs under my network?

What is going wrong, restricting me ti view only limited number of PCs?

3 PCs are win7 Ultimate
2 PCs are win7 Pro

One Ultimate PC can see all PCs under my network & one pro PC can see all the PCs. The rest can only see. 3 PCs.

So my issue is not in connectivity, the issue is the view of all pcs under my network.

Thanks in advance.

A:Win7 workgroup network view issue

😔ur assistant plzzzzz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248464-win7-workgroup-network-view-issue.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi,
i have set up my own home network, because being someone not that familiar with the networking stuffs, i somehow have created a WORKGROUP and things are running fine for the few pc at home, but now i realized that i have forgotten the password for this WORKGROUP,
anyone knows how to locate it? thanks.

KC

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e02d831b-82a5-46a5-ab5d-58f19163c9d5/how-to-find-out-the-password-of-my-home-network-workgroup?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.45%

getting the error message: Workgroup is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource.
server ip 192.168.1.1
client ip 192.168.1.2

all firewalls are disabled,tried everything....also i can play FIFA 2008 on lan ,but getting the message....not able to connect frm server to client & vice versa..file and printer sharing was also turned on........plz help

A:Workgroup is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource

Your reply to a 6 1/2 year old thread got my attention, but for help you'll have better luck if you start your own thread and actually describe your equipment, OS(es), network, and specifics about the help for which you are looking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-is-not-accessible-you-may-not-have-permission-to-use-this-network-resource.712221/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a computer LAN which has let me do simple file and printer sharing The computers are a Dell Dimension XP Pro Gb RAM a Dell Inspiron Vista Gb RAM and an old DellI Inspiron laptop XP Home Mb RAM The Dell Dimension has a wired connection to a Belkin F D Wireless-G router-modem and the other connect wirelessly to the router The Dell Dimension has USB connections functioning! network Workgroup Solved: and stopped to an Epson EPL- laser printer and an Epson Stylus Photo inkjet For the last year the system has worked faultlessly - with each computer using either printer and the computers sharing folders Now suddenly without any changes in hardware software or configuratins they ve all stopped communicating with each other I can still print wirelessly from the Vista machine but not from the laptop I can view the Dimension and the Inspiron from the Vista machine not the laptop but nothing shows on the other computers when I look for the workgroup computers Instead I just kep getting this message quot Workgroup is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The list of servers for Solved: Workgroup and network stopped functioning! this workgroup is not currently available quot PS - I am the Administrator I have AVG Internet Security on all computers but that doesn t seem to have been a problem in the past I ve reinstalled the network several times but I m now out of ideas Really would be grateful for any help and hints - thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Workgroup and network stopped functioning!

Try the Windows Network Problem Solver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-workgroup-and-network-stopped-functioning.843183/
Relevancy 49.45%

Please bear with me while I describe my setup before I ask the question I have computers OFFICE Windows XP Home SP Windows Firewall MALTAR Windows XP Pro SP McAfee Security Suite wireless capable WINNINJAMAC Windows Home Premium Windows Firewall wireless capabale All are members of the same workgroup My router screen members not displayed Network on Workgroup has no wireless capability OFFICE and MALTAR are wired to my router I created a unencrypted wireless ad hoc network between MALTAR and WINNINJAMAC I then used a bridge on MALTAR to link Workgroup members not displayed on Network screen quot Local Connection quot and quot Wireless Connection quot so Maltar s internet connction can be shared with WINNINJAMAC File sharing has been enabled on all computers and unblocked in all firewalls All works great all computers display the other in Network Places or Network on WINNINJAMAC since it s running Windows and internet works on WINNINJAMAC But the wireless network is unencrypted -- bad idea So I enable Workgroup members not displayed on Network screen WEP set the key in the settings on MALTAR and WINNINJAMAC and all seems to be okay until I open the Network page on WINNINJAMAC None of the other workgroup computers are displayed anymore The shares on the other computers are still accessible if I type their address eg MALTAR Shared Internet is still available on WINNINJAMAC OFFICE and MALTAR both still display all workgroup computers in Network Places and can access their shares without having to type the address So my question is quot When WEP is enabled on the wireless network how can I get WINNINJAMAC to display the other workgroup members on the Network page so that I can browse to their shares instead of having to type in the addresses quot nbsp

A:Workgroup members not displayed on Network screen

Ask a mod (Report) to move this to the networking forum where you'l probably get better responses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/workgroup-members-not-displayed-on-network-screen.956639/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have two PC's connected via a wireless network. That is already established, they both have internet connection. I would like to enable file sharing between these PC's. I have created a workgroup but am having trouble accessing both PC's. On PC 1, when I click "View Workgroup Computers" under network tasks both PC 1 and PC 2 are available, yet when I double click PC 2 I get an error message saying PC 2 is not accessible, I may not have permission, contact the administrator. On PC 2 when I click "View Workgroup Computers" I get an error message right away saying Home (the name of the workgroup) is not accessible, I may not have permissions.

In short, PC one allows me to access the workgroup but not PC 2. PC 2 wont let me access the workgroup. What am I doing wrong? (I am, as you can probably tell, new to home networking).

A:File Sharing Through Workgroup on Home Network

The basics for troubleshooting are:

1. Make sure you have the same IP scheme (e.g. 192.168.0.x).

2. Make sure you have the same Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS IP addresses.

3. Make sure you can ping the other computer's IP address. If this fails, just for testing, make sure you turn off XP's as well as any other firewall.

4. Make sure you can ping the other computers by name.

5. Make sure you have the same workgroup name (watch for trailing spaces)

6. For troubleshooting purposes, turn off XP's and completely uninstall any other firewall software. You can always add more complexity after you get it working.

7. With XP, make sure you have the same username and password as the person logging onto the other computers. The default setting for XP Pro is to require a password for network access.

8. More details about how to network XP can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_network.htm

9. More details on networking Vista can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/vista_network_sharing_center.htm
and
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/vista_network.htm

10. More details about how to troubleshoot TCP/IP networks can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/trouble.htm

11. Apply the registry edit to fix the browsing delay from XP to Win9x computers
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#browsing_delay.

There continues to be a lot of misinformation about needing NetBEUI or to changing the NetBIOS setting. You can ignore both. Installing NetBEUI to solve a networking problem will just mask a some underlying and potentially important misconfiguration with TCP/IP. The default NetBIOS setting usually works. If browsing is a problem, you might set it to Enabled. But do not Disable it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-through-workgroup-on-home-network.586572/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been having a little bit of difficulty reestablishing a wireless network that used to work. Right now, I've been trying to fix one problem at a time, and I've been focusing on the server. My question is, I was wondering what it means when the server is able to ping it's own address as well as it's own computer name, but the computer name does not appear under My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>"workgroup name"

Appreciate any help you can offer!

Relevancy 49.45%

I have two windows computers on a simple network Router is a linksys Workgroup not Windows Solved: on 2000 network and I have it giving a generic DHCP that the simple linksys routers give gateway to the router with as the starting IP both computers are given static IPs with and They are both Solved: Windows 2000 Workgroup not on network in the same Workgroup called quot Workgroup quot My problem is that computer will not see computer in the network places and vice versa However I stick another computer in the router and test computer sees computer in network places just fine they can even connect and talk Pinging between computer computer and test computer work though so computer isn t completely off the network There is no software firewall installed at all Computer and Computer both connect to the internet just fine I ran windows update on both as well and it works too But computer and still can t see each other in the workgroup Is this still a windows problem Could the router be faulty Does computer have a faulty networking card Any insights Thanks for your help Russ nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi folks

Hope somebody can help me here.
I'm in charge of our present network here at work, however i'm no geek (no offense), only just manage to somehow keep it running
The network is setup with a Domain server (NT4) and all of the PC's that are in it are either XP Pro SP1 or SP2.
My problem is actually allowing laptop PC's outside of the Domain (in say a Workgroup) to use printers inside of the Domain.
PCs with the original version of WinXP Pro SP1 installed can be seen and also the printers by the Laptops.
PCs with WinXP Pro SP2 installed can be seen but I am unable to see the printers. from the Laptops, WHY???
Laptops are connecting via a wireless connection and are able to surf the internet.
Hope this makes sense to someone and you are able to help me here.

Thanks inadvance

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all Weird stuff here I seem to be going backwards trying to sort out Wireless not but network has internet workgroup!? please heeelp my wireless network I have a solwise adsl router which connects to two desktops and to an asus WL g wifi access point There are two laptops in the house connecting to that as well as a printer All computers have web access no problem The two desktops can access each other copy delete etc over the network is fine All computers have windows xp firewall but switching it off makes no difference at all all firewalls are set to allow all other computers access On my laptop I can access the web using it right now but when i click on quot workgroup quot it says i dont have permission for that and should contact the Wireless network has internet but not workgroup!? heeelp please administrator ie me I have set the solwise router in the Advanced NAT configuration to open all transport types for my wifi s internal IP address and I have set that to port didnt know what else to set I have successfully PING ed the Asus Solwise and both desktops and my son s laptop so it is getting there but for some reason the WORKGROUP domain is giving me problems I would VERY much appreciate any help with this since I cannot afford to get an IT guy to come and visit Thank you Mark UK nbsp

A:Wireless network has internet but not workgroup!? heeelp please

"... the WORKGROUP domain is giving me problems."

I get confused easily. Is this laptop XP Pro and in a domain named "WORKGROUP"? Or is it in a workgroup named "WORKGROUP"? Or something else?

Can you ping this laptop by IP address from another computer? By Computer Name?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-has-internet-but-not-workgroup-heeelp-please.572637/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently tried setting up a home network Between my desktop laptop and roommates desktop Both my pcs connected great and no problems but then a few days later when I tried adding his it went funny and I changed my mind because I didn t know just how much access he d have to my files and to which but I m assuming he could get anything my laptop could That was too much so I went into his computer my network places deleted the folders pertaining to my computers and re-ran the network wizard and left the defaults rather than my workgroup name and turned off sharing After that his computer went stupid and it seemed the only way to get it to work right was to get him back on my network Long story No that I ve been playing with my network a lil more I ve found quot Microsoft Windows Network quot amp quot Entire Network quot and in there I ve found that even though I put both my do you delete/remove network workgroup??? How home laptop and Desktop on a different workgroup the old workgroup is still there and showing a connection to his computer I have limited access to his computer so I don t know what he has access to and I m a little worried I have plenty private info he or How do you delete/remove home network workgroup??? anyone else doesn t need to read or see which I m sure most computer users can relate to I ve looked and looked but there doesn t seem to be any option to How do you delete/remove home network workgroup??? remove the unwanted workgroups Anyone know how I can go about securing my info and easing my piece of mind Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have 2 home computers. The desk top has a net gear wireless card configured through the netgear software. The laptop has an internal wireless card. Both machines have access to the internet using a wireless router. My laptop also uses a wireless printer. The router seems to be working fine.
Each machine has a different IP address.
I am trying to set up a workgroup so I can share files.
The desktop can see the workgroup and itself but the laptop can not access the workgroup. When i click on the workgroup icon i get an error message. "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resouyrce. Contact the administrator of the server to find out....." Well, I am the administrator of this laptop.
i searched for several hours but found nothing out there that fixed the problem.
any ideas?

A:Can't get access to workgroup on home wireless network

It would be helpful to know what version of Windows runs on each of the machines.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-access-to-workgroup-on-home-wireless-network.932725/
Relevancy 49.02%

If after unchecking the hidden and system files and ext. files, these two files show up. Also RECYCLER. Are these legitimate windows XP (sp20 files?
Thanks for all your assistance.

A:Local Service and Network Service--are these legit"

YES - legit folders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-service-and-network-service-are-these-legit.334408/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is it possible to Network share an encrypted file on a workgroup non-domain based network running Windows XP Pro SP via (non-domain) encrypted files. workgroup a Network sharing of If Network sharing via a workgroup (non-domain) of encrypted files. so any suggestions would be appreciated Here is what I have done so far Computer ------------ Windows XP Pro SP User name user There are two files C Shared Files Non Encrypted Files NEF txt C Shared Files Encrypted Files EF txt The C Shared Files directory is network shared as SharedFiles The directory C Shared Files Encrypted Files has been encrypted as well as all subdirectories and files within I added the Encrypting File System certificate for user on Computer to the file C Shared Files Encrypted Files EF txt Computer ------------- Windows XP Pro SP User name user Mapped the S drive to Computer SharedFiles I am able to open S Non Encrypted Files NEF txt via notepad without an issue When trying to open S Encrypted Files EF txt via notepad I get a popup titled quot Notepad quot with quot Access is denied quot in it

A:Network sharing via a workgroup (non-domain) of encrypted files.

Doing my best Ben Stein impersonation: "Anyone? Anyone?"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-sharing-via-a-workgroup-non-domain-of-encrypted-files-110773.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I ve got a mind bender to start the holiday season MAIN PROBLEM I have a wireless network printer Brother MFC- W for which but workgroup, can't hostname printer in Network ping visible the XP SP machine on my network can t resolve the Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping IP address despite being able to see it under My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network gt Workgroup Which is to say I can see the printer s hostname in the Workgroup window in Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping XP but when I ping the hostname from the command line I get Ping request could not find host BRW E EE B Please check the name and try again BRW E EE B is the hostname of Network printer hostname visible in workgroup, but can't ping the printer from the Workgroup window If I just ping the printer s IP address I get a response I can ping the hostname or explore the shared folders of all other hosts in the workgroup including another laptop running Vista SP and a network attached backup drive Likewise the laptop can open the shared folders of the XP SP and backup drive just fine but unline the XP machine it CAN ping the printer by hostname Is there any way to get my XP machine to resolve the wireless printer s IP address This is causing trouble with the printer s controller software and driver and I would like to avoid using static IP addresses MORE DETAILS My home network looks like this Cable Modem gt Belkin F D - N Router gt Netgear WGT v Router I m using the Netgear as a wireless b g access point on which I ve disabled the firewall and DHCP and have set up so that it s just an extension of the Belkin s subnet XXX I also set the Netgear as a DMZ The Belkin runs on wireless n exclusively - The network drive is an WD MyBookLive wired directly into the Belkin - The laptop is a ThinkPad T p running Vista connected wirelessly to the Belkin - My XP SP machine is connected wirelessly to the Netgear router - The wireless network printer is also connecting to the Netgear router since it can only work with wireless b g Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have network confused name, Small folders, I shared am Workgroup with a small network composed by a Tv Cable a Modem high speed cisco a Router belkin f d computers and cellphones Then internet connection is working ok on all of them but I am having problems understanding how to safety connect the devices between them trough lan and with different internet connection setup scenarios The Scenarios are this All devices are connected to the internet trough the router as in the picture below The internet connection is working on all of them Computer A- a new and fresh install of windows xp B- a new and fresh install of windows C- Java phone with the sdcard and phone memory shared D- Workgroup name, Small network with shared folders, I am confused Android phone nothing shared on it yet maybe sometimes in the far future A router a modem cables -I wish to share some folders on the computer A that I can see them from computer B -I wish to share some folders on computer B that I can see them from computer A -The mobile phone C is having wireless and is always sharing all it contents when is connected with no settings done on the phone or in windows I am able to see it in the network and copy-transfer-delete files on it from the computer B windows but sometimes I have problems from computer A windowsXp -I wish to use RDP on computer A Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection and to be accesibile only in Lan -I wish to use RDP on computer B and to be accessible In LAn and Over the Internet -I wish to be able to use TeamViever on all computers available over the Internet Now I am curious why is so damn hard to quot see quot the phone C from the computer A Is XP Lan somehow messed up It always laggs and hangs and damn freeze when I go to the netwok places in contrast to windows which is running fast as a rabbit with no lag hangs freeze If I will share stuff on computer B win when I will access them from the computer A winxp I will always have this freeze hangs and lags In this scenario I assume that the shared folders will not be accessible from the internet and will be visible only in the lan network right I don't wish to make the folders public like a ftp server just to be visible in the network which is after the router Sometimes when the internet connection is down the Internet Service Provider is asking me to connect the cable which is from the modem directly to the computer A or B bypassing the router for making a diagnosis getting mac and so on which is perfectly normal Now in this moment when the computer is connected directly to the internet network scenarios is like this TvCable- gt Modem- gt Computer the RDP will be visible from the internet which is okay for few minutes but what about the shared folders a If the computer A and the computer B is having shared stuff as folders and partitions on them in that moment when I connect directly to internet they will be available over the internet b They will be available only to the computers that are using the same ISP or the same Ip Range-Class etc c They will be availeble only to the people which is having the same quot lan workgropup name quot which is called quot WORKGROUP quot or quot MSHOME quot or a quot CUSTOMONE quot d Or They will not be available at all e When I take the computer B out which is having shared folders on a public wifi hotspot will the shared folders be available f When I connect the computer B on this small network but trought wifi will be the shared folders available g What workgroup name should I choose quot WORKGROUP quot quot MSHOME quot quot CUSTOMZIEDANDACOOLONE quot h Should I use Network Wizzard on Xp or quot just share folders quot Is there any difference i What is the propose of quot Local Domain Name quot in the router settings j Why I am able to use team-viewer and connect over the internet with no need to open and forward ports in the router but for the RDP ftp etc need the ports to be open and forwarded k I don't know how a VPN is working or wh... Read more

A:Workgroup name, Small network with shared folders, I am confused

Quote: Originally Posted by doctortonic

Hello!

1) Now, I am curious, why is so damn hard to "see" the phone C from the computer A? Is XP Lan

somehow messed up? It always laggs and hangs and damn freeze when I go to the netwok places in

contrast to windows 7 which is running fast as a rabbit with no lag, hangs, freeze.
If I will share stuff on computer B (win7) when I will access them from the computer A(winxp) I

will always have this freeze, hangs and lags?

2) In this scenario I assume that the shared folders will not be accessible from the internet

and will be visible only in the lan network, right? I don't wish to make the folders public like

a ftp server, just to be visible in the network which is after the router.

3) Sometimes when the internet connection is down, the Internet Service Provider is asking me to

connect the cable which is from the modem directly to the computer A or B, bypassing the router

for making a diagnosis, getting mac and so on which is perfectly normal.

Now, in this moment when the computer is connected directly to the internet, (network scenarios

is like this: TvCable->Modem->Computer) the RDP will be visible from the internet, which is okay

for few minutes but what about the shared folders?

a) If the computer A and the computer B is having shared stuff as folders and partitions on
them, in that moment, when I connect directly to internet they will be available over the
internet?

b) They will be available only to the computers that are using the same ISP or the same Ip
Range-Class etc?

c) They will be availeble only to the people which is having the same "lan workgropup name"
which is called "WORKGROUP" or "MSHOME" or a "CUSTOMONE"?

d) Or They will not be available at all?

e) When I take the computer B out which is having shared folders on a public wifi hotspot, will
the shared folders be available?

f) When I connect the computer B on this small network but trought wifi will be the shared
folders available?

g) What workgroup name should I choose, "WORKGROUP" "MSHOME" "CUSTOMZIEDANDACOOLONE"?

h) Should I use Network Wizzard on Xp or "just share folders" Is there any difference?

i) What is the propose of "Local Domain Name" in the router settings?

j) Why I am able to use team-viewer and connect over the internet with no need to open and forward ports in the router but for the RDP, ftp, etc need the ports to be open and forwarded?

k) I don't know how a VPN is working or what exactly is but it will be better and more secure for rdp, shared folders etc.? Should I try to study and learn about it?

1) - The freezes are hard to determine and may be caused by incompatible software/firmware. XP is 12 years old and most likely losing support from hardware manufacturers especially since it is losing support as of next year.

2) - You are correct. Your router has something called NAT which essentially hides your network from the internet. Internet connections can only enter your home network is a device requests it. For example if you request a webpage then it is able to enter.

3) - Shared folders should be protected from the internet if your configuration is setup correctly. When connecting straight to the modem ensure that your connection is set as Public. This tutorial should provide more information on how to do that.

Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

a) - As long as it is set as public there will be no connection to your shares from the internet.

b) - IP address does not come into it. If one was to connect to your share then yes they would need your IP address however since your connection would be set as public they would be denied access.

c) - Workgroups are only valid between local subnets. They will not be relevant on d... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308442-workgroup-name-small-network-shared-folders-i-am-confused.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have 2 computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows XP (named "A31"). They are hooked up to the same router. I can ping each from the other using the command line. The workgroups are both set to MSHOME.

In Windows Explorer on the XP computer, I click on My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network and there's nothing there. Even if it isn't connecting to other computers on the network, its own computer name (A31) should be listed there, right?

I can't connect to either computer from the other to share files and I've been googling around for a while and I can't find anything to help me.

A:XP computer not visible under "Microsoft Windows Network" and workgroup

Figured it out...

Network connections - right-click on the connection
Properties>General
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks are checked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616745/xp-computer-not-visible-under-microsoft-windows-network-and-workgroup/
Relevancy 49.02%

I was able to print, and then.....

If I try to view workgroup from My Network Places, it beeps.
If I view Sharing and security, and try to share c:
I get an error message an error occurred while trying to share c:. The server service is not started. The shared resource was not created.

I can see all the computers on the network with Norton, but cannot setup Network printers.....

A:Unable to view workgroup or setup network printing

sharing root folder (C:\) is bad idea, for security risk, just share specific folders

start the server service to see if that fixes your problem
start > run > type services.msc
go down list to server open (double click) then click start service, make sure it should be set to startup type: automatic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-view-workgroup-or-setup-network-printing.848121/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

From my laptop I need access to 2 different "networks":

(A) I access a Workgroup within Microsoft Windows Network (I have the correct Workgroup name) to get access to printers and other computers at work.

(B) I sometimes run VPN to "log" in the domain at my university (necessary for Email clients).

(A) works when I start my laptop. But if I open the VPN connection and then close it, (A) does not work anymore most of the time.

I run Windows XP Professional without the "simple file sharing" option.

Anyone can help? Many thanks!

A:MS windows network Workgroup does not work after a VPN session on another domain

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-windows-network-workgroup-does-not-work-after-a-vpn-session-on-another-domain.692162/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home network I can share the folder with Everyone but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network We have Win PCs on our home network MaryPC user account is Mary JohnPC user account is John and TheaterPC user account is JM and all are visible on File Explorer on all PCs The Workgroup name is Golden We do not use any log-in credentials to access any of Network Problem (Workgroup) on Home Sharing Folder these PCs i e no usernames nor passwords are required nor do they exist I'm able to share my Music Pictures and Video folders with Everyone with R W permissions in the Golden Workgroup However I am unable to share my Medical folder for example with Mary only When I try to share this folder with a specific person by trying to add Mary Windows responds that it is unable to find user Mary In trying to add Mary to the list of specific persons I've tried numerous combinations of Mary and or Golden MaryPC Users Mary to no avail This same problem exists on MaryPC and on the TheaterPC when trying to share a folder from those PCs to a specific person on another networked PC Sharing a folder with Everyone works fine across the Workgroup but sharing Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network a folder with a specific person user on the network is hitting a brick wall Any solution ideas

A:Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

It should be \\marypc\mary

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58544-folder-sharing-problem-home-workgroup-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I work at a company with 5 pcs with window 7 on them connected to a workgroup. all of their advanced sharing settings including network discovery are properly set, yet many of these pcs sometimes become invisible from my network. Sometimes they are all visible, somtimes only few, and sometimes all of them are gone. however all of the shared folders of these pcs that i have linked to my computer as a network drive are accessible at all times, regardless of the visibility of the pcs they belong to. is there a solution to this erratic behavior regarding the visibility of networked computers?

thanks

A:PCs in workgroup invisible in Network, yet shared folders accessible

Welcome to the Forums.

It saves a lot of time if applicable info is posted as suggested here:

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342532-pcs-workgroup-invisible-network-yet-shared-folders-accessible.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Greetings all I have a problem that I think I know the answer to but I would like to have an external perspective Workgroup Win 7 WinXP & Dilema Pro Home Premium: School Network and some experience to weigh in on the situation I am working as the all-purpose tech at a small school for kids with learning disabilities no operating budget for IT and we are in the process of upgrading parts of the network Disclaimer I did not setup this network but I am heavily considering getting rid of everything and rebuilding it from scratch Setup Right now we have an XP Pro Workgroup network with Workgroups Admin Classroom CompLab Workgroup We have about computers of them are Dell Optiplex GX s running XP Pro SP close to identical Hardware configs the remainders are teacher's laptops and such We have new machines ADMIN workgroup for the school administrators and the administrative assistant They are ASUS Essentio Desktops Model CM s Running Win Home Premium You might start to guess where I'm going with the issues I'm having We are running a xerox WorkCentre w accounting and have a few other printers scattered throughout the network Edit The only machines not running XP Pro SP SP are the ADMIN machines my laptop Dell Inspiron one laptop running Vista Macs and other laptops running Windows Edit Problem The crux of the problem is with the new machines working with the pre-existing XP Network One of the new machines replaced our Administrative Assistant's old XP machine which hosted some files that the teachers needed to access report cards test results etc When we put in the new machine the teachers were no longer able to access these files across the network Most of the teachers are accessing the new machine ADMIN on the ADMIN Workgroup from the other workgroups CLASSROOM COMPLAB and WORKGROUP are having issues When attempting to access the new machine ADMIN the pop-up error comes up quot ADMIN SharedDocs is not available You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions lt br gt lt br gt The network path was not found quot I believe this to be a permissions and policy issue due to the limitations WinXP Pro Workgroup Network & Win 7 Home Premium: School Dilema of Win Home Premium We aren't able to fully integrate into the network from the Win side tell me if I am off on this Alternatively we are getting the error when trying to access the CLASSROOM workgroup from a machine on the CLASSROOM workgroup of quot CLASSROOM is not accessible yada yada yada lt br gt lt br gt Not enough storage is available to process this command quot This error pops up on a number of machines on the various workgroups trying to access their own and other workgroups and or machines This is most likely due to the connection limit of XP Workgroups which I really want to WinXP Pro Workgroup Network & Win 7 Home Premium: School Dilema solve by installing a server w SBS we have the machine not the OS WinXP Pro Workgroup Network & Win 7 Home Premium: School Dilema and not installed yet Granted there are quite a few problems with the network and the way it is setup I still have to make things work We don't have a domain controller and I haven't been able to figure out how they set up the network in the first place although I have managed to restructure some of the network I have also begun to create a drawn out network map of infrastructure and after that I'm going to work on the arduous task of mapping out user permissions which if you don't already know is one of the most time consuming things to do manually My take SINCE we are hosting these files on a Win Home Premium machine we do not have the ability to manage workgroup policies and user permissions as we did on the old machine One way to fix this is to have the Administrative Assistant's machine upgraded to Win Professional which plays a bit better with XP and Workgroups So does anyone have some input on this I ... Read more

A:WinXP Pro Workgroup Network & Win 7 Home Premium: School Dilema

Just a question... I understand you are using 4 different Workgroups... Do you plan to put this on a Domain with Policies?

So for instance when anyone logs into any one of the computers their permissions will be granted by user name and password?

or do you just have normal Windows Shares?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152844-winxp-pro-workgroup-network-win-7-home-premium-school-dilema.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have windows XP service pack and my problem is the following At work we a have a local work group as our network I can use windows explorer to browse through the work group and the shared folders on its member computers just like I would browse through the file folder structure of my own PC The first time I try to access a PC it will ask me for a username and password in order to workgroup do I information Local on [SOLVED] change How network? loggin connect to [SOLVED] How do I change loggin information on Local workgroup network? that PC If the information is valid then I get access an my PC will never ask me again even after i reboot or even if both PCs reboot and years pass i never get asked for my credentials again Now I have arrived at the point where I need to change the username and password my PC uses to access another PC but for the life of me I can not find where to log out or change the old credentials entered Does anyone have an idea

A:[SOLVED] How do I change loggin information on Local workgroup network?

You can try these links to see if they can help..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306541

http://www.interworks.com/blogs/jval...a-or-windows-7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-do-i-change-loggin-information-on-local-workgroup-network-629441.html
Relevancy 48.16%

What I am about to not computers workgroup off... Wireless or connecting dropping Network: occasionally describe does not happen all the time and rarely happened until I added a rd machine to the network Three computers on network - call them A B and C A is connected to router by cable B and C by wireless cards both DLink just like the router Router is DI dynamic IP and DHCP I share files directories betweeen all three machines I have experience in doing this Sometimes when I turn all three machines on one or more Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... of the three machines is unaccessible to the others vis a vis shared files directories Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... For example from A looking at C from My Network Places C s resources are quot Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... unknown quot Sometime C can t see B s resources Once they hook up though the almost always stay hooked up Nevertheless getting into the Internet is never a problem - only the file sharing This is ALWAYS fixable by one of the four following ways a reboot the offending computer b disable and encable the offending computer s network connection c the most fun - If A and C can t see B s resources go to B go to My Network Places and let B find the resources of the other two and d start MSWord on one machine and try to open a Word file on the offending machine s shared folder Eventually I always get in and share the resources I have disabled the Windows firewall because I have ZoneAlarm installed on all three machines On all three the network loopback adapter are in trusted zone I have also defined an IP range to which is also trusted The syndrome above seemed to have been worse with dropping even after an initial successful connection before I went into the Windows Firewall advanced tab and unchecked all of the Network Connection Settings boxes although this might be my imagination since Windows Firewall was disabled in the first place I have tried to delete the shared resources and define a new workgroup add network places etc Does not completely solve the problem I have done some checking on this message board before posting Sorry for the length of this but I am quite perplexed especially since the machines CAN share resources ultimately nbsp

A:Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off...

If you always have all three PCs on your network, the problem may or may not be as follows.

If you sometimes just have one PC on, sometimes 2, sometimes a different pair, and sometimes all three, your "problem" is a "feature" of the Computer Browser service.

My simplified explanation: My Network Places is designed to be a convenience for stable workgroups. When you visit it, it shows what it remembers from the last time. With a stable workgroup, this is fast and great. But beware if you add or subtract PCs or even add or remove shared folders or their contents. What is shown in My Network Places is dependent on the Computer Browser service, which polls the network and gets an updated list of resources across the network. It is sorta like a cat--it does exactly what you tell it to do. Eventually. When it feels like it. This is why you often "see" computers that are not on and folders that were deleted and fail to see recently joined computers or folders.

For a technical explanation see http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/ntwsguide/ntwsnfinding.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-workgroup-computers-occasionally-not-connecting-or-dropping-off.452810/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I just recently got this Toshiba laptop with windows Vista I moved from a big desktop PC to a laptop so its still a little different for me I have a switch on the front to turn on and connect to wireless networks in the area I am familiar with how to set up a wireless network and turn the switch on so that it is capable =\ interet help Laptop need my I with of connecting Recently I have been I need help with my Laptop interet =\ disconnecting from the internet for no apparent reason when connected wirelesslly I have the switch turned on and I attempt to discover networks and nothing appears when previously all my neighborhoods including mine networks show I am forced to connect with ethernet and hardwire the connection or use a plugin I need help with my Laptop interet =\ wireless adapter until the next day I have even tried restarting and same thing But when I use the network adapter I can only discover and automatically connect to my own home router nothing else Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks my only guess is something to do with Vista P nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I have had a problem with my computer for about three weeks now. I cannot get on internet explorer. When you try to get on it just stays frozen with nothing on the page (just keeps saying connecting) and won't open up and it freezes on the screen, I have to shut down the whole computer to remove this from my screen. I can get on to aol. I spoke to my cable company, they tested a few things and the computer was able to ping to the internet. Now I cannot even open my yahoo sports league fully. I tried to restore the computer a few times, but to no avail. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-on-interet-explorer.654562/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay so first of all I'm not mall sure what I Help a Interet No DSS Access Reading even even posting here but anyways this all started because my Dell Inspiron with Windows Help No Interet Access Reading a DSS Bit one day decided to have a quot No Internet Access quot one day I have done everything I mean EVERYTHING and I was told by spunk funk after he tried to help me with everything you can imagine i still cannot connect to the internet So he thinks I have a Malware Virus causing me not to connect to the Internet so he sent me here So like I Help No Interet Access Reading a DSS said Tried everything cannot connect to the internet just a quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration and I am going to post the DSS readings i got down below for more help Thanks in Advance to anyone willing to try and help me out there DSS Readings DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ryan Wrights at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k utcsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Windows System tcpsvcs exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support ATH exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC ... Read more

A:Help No Interet Access Reading a DSS

Hello Ryan94Wright,

My name is Tolga and I will assist you with your malware related problems.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.
First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Please download to and run all requested tools from your Desktop.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
My native language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

Now, let's get started, shall we?

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-no-interet-access-reading-a-dss-1054770.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Im loosing internet on one of my computers connected to a router the other computer never looses connection i Losing Interet Connection think its something with the pc not my router i have the windows diag report but dont know what it means any help would be greatly appriecated Thanks HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity info HTTP Successfully connected to www microsoft com info FTP Passive Successfully connected to ftp microsoft com info HTTPS Successfully connected to www microsoft com DNS Client Diagnostic DNS - Not a home user scenario info Using Web Proxy no info Resolving name ok for www microsoft com yes No DNS servers DNS failure Gateway Diagnostic Gateway info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE Automatically Detect Settings Enabled Automatic Configuration Script Proxy Server Proxy Bypass list info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration mechanism info Losing Interet Connection This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is Losing Interet Connection a valid unicast address warn The default gateway address could not be resolved via ARP action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address action Losing Interet Connection Successfully released the current IP address action Renewing the IP address error Error renewing the IP address The semaphore timeout period has expired info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies warn There is no default gateway entry action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in try ies info TCP port on host was successfully reached info The Internet host www microsoft com was successfully reached info The default gateway is OK IP Layer Diagnostic Corrupted IP routing table info The default route is valid info The loopback route is valid info The local host route is valid info The local subnet route is valid Invalid ARP cache entries action The ARP cache has been flushed IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Valid IP address detected Wireless Diagnostic Wireless - Service disabled Wireless - User SSID Wireless - First time setup Wireless - Radio off Wireless - Out of range Wireless - Hardware issue Wireless - Novice user Wireless - Ad-hoc network Wireless - Less preferred Wireless - x enabled Wireless - Configuration mismatch Wireless - Low SNR WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address coul... Read more

A:Losing Interet Connection

It's probably a protocol inconsistency...I would check the settings on a known good system...and compare those one-by-one to the system having problems.

I would also remove the power cord from the router and the modem...for five seconds or so and the put each back in. Force the entire network system to recycle.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124645/losing-interet-connection/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay so first of all I'm not mall sure what I even even posting here but anyways this all started because my Dell Inspiron with Windows Bit one day decided to a No Interet Help Access Reading DSS have a quot No Help No Interet Access Reading a DSS Internet Access quot one day I have done everything I mean EVERYTHING and I was told by spunk funk after he tried to help me with everything you can imagine i still cannot connect Help No Interet Access Reading a DSS to the internet So he thinks I have a Malware Virus causing me not to connect to the Internet so he sent me here So like I said Tried everything cannot connect to the internet just a quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration and I am going to post the DSS readings i got down below for more help Thanks in Advance to anyone willing to try and help me out there DSS Readings DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Ryan Wrights at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k utcsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Windows System tcpsvcs exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support ATH exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar Preserve mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-no-interet-access-reading-a-dss-1054770.html
Relevancy 46.87%

2 separate pop-up virus's , i think; i get this pop-up telling me my internet explorer needs to be updated ? i also get a pop-up about air-express, or ali-express , air flights, clothing, etc. ? i ran malware bytes a number of times, then i had the about... virus; thanks

A:interet explorer update pop-ups ? air-express pop-ups ?

Due to forum rules we cannot comment or assist on Virus matters here. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the Forum and not here, please.
While waiting for the Security team to respond download Junkware Removal Tool, Run it. A DOS screen appears, press Any Key and it will scan Automatically.
Then download ADWCleaner, Run it, Install It, Scan, leave everything Checked. Clean. This should remove any redirects and Pop ups. Then follow up with the Security team.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/interet-explorer-update-pop-ups-air-express-pop-ups-920273.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So, i was deleting programs I wasn't using or was making my laptop slow. My internet was working fine. My laptop had good connection. Suddenly, I decided to look something up and my laptop loses connection. I try to reconnect but it won't work. A small window opens above the icon of the connection. It says Not Connected and No Connections are available. At te bottom it says Open Network and Sharing Center. I click it and a pic come up of my laptop and x on the connection and internt. At the side it says Connect to Network and I click on tht. The little window above the icon pops up and again. I repeat and thesame happens. I'm not sure WHAT I've done. I have a Windows 7 Lenovo laptop. Can you help??

A:Laptop Wireless interet won't connect!

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-interet-wont-connect.997808/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

Avast had detected a Win32:Aluroot on my computer. I ran MBAM and it detected it. After removing it, I restarted my computer. Now it won't connect to the internet at all. My network can't see my computer.

Please help.

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry I misspelled internet on the Topic headline.

A:MBAM removed ALUROOT, Now No Interet

Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447713/mbam-removed-aluroot-now-no-interet/
Relevancy 46.87%

The facts Host Computer Clean W pro installation from scratch No upgrade Quad Across Interet Help: ICS No Shared/Bridged Connection Core intel ghz with GB on an intel board Basic workhorse machine Windows is up to date and nothing else has been installed to the machine No changes to OS from defaults upon installation Device Manager shows all attached devices are working properly USB Wireless card ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection connects to the access point just fine ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection Posting to you now on it ICS is enabled on this adapter and shows as quot shared quot Ethernet adapter is auto-configured by ICS IP and SUBNET NOTE This adapter displays as quot Unidentified Network quot with or without cable connected Under Status Details NO gateway NO DNS servers Client Computer Same basic machine as above Everything updated and functional Ethernet adapter wired with standard ethernet cable to Host All this gear is modern and will not require hardline crossover Ethernet adapter is set to obtain IP DNS automatically Under Status Detail IP Address is DNS is working properly Ping successful without errors I disabled the firewalls No improvement Reset everything to defaults Tried a quot Bridged Connection quot same quot No Internet Access quot results What am I missing In the end everything works except no internet access across the two adapters in the Host machine and there should be ICS has always just worked quot out of the box quot for me I have been using it since XP in many configurations I am posting as a last resort before I scrap the board and search out a replacement and chalk this up to bad hardware or Windows hates me and I am doomed to a miserable existence in OS hell because I have held onto XP until its last damn breath Thanks for taking the time to read

A:ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection

From what you describe it seems like the host computer is setup properly, I would try setting the guest IP to static

Code:
If that does not work I would probably try setting the DNS server to google

Code:

I would also check your network cards

Verify that a network adapter is working correctly
Open Device Manager by Pressing the Windows Key + R to open Run and type or paste
Code:
devmgmt.msc
and then press Enter.Expand the Network Adapters section, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.
Under Device status, check to see that the device is working properly.

I have the same setup as you When I first started using Windows 10 ICS seemed to be intermittent connection and instead of playing with it and trying to figure it out I made a Windows 7 Virtual Machine and gave it a physical network card ( I have 2 ) and a USB WiFi stick and used that for ICS. After months of testing With Windows 7 and XP I finally settled on Windows Vista to share the internet with ICS.

I now have a TP link router with 3 computers NATed behind it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41795-ics-help-no-interet-across-shared-bridged-connection.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey When I am using internet explorer Interet Explorer Properly Working Not it will just shut down on me randomly I am writing this in Firefox Also my computer has gotten dramatically slower in the past day Also when I am working on any browser based program i e internet my computer etc an error message will appear saying this program must close Then the program will close and my desktop resets it self Here is a HijackThis logfile I have run Spy Sweeper Ad-Aware AVG Anti-Spyware and Spybot Search and Destroy in safe mode and removed any spyware that they founded I also Interet Explorer Not Working Properly tried to delete Interet Explorer Not Working Properly with Killbox the file quot c windows system pflcpfl dll quot which i beleive is the problem because it only appeared in my HijackThis logs when I started having problems Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe O - BHO no name - E -B E- -AB -F C - c windows system pflcpfl dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - Winlogon Notify uiphazue - C WINDOWS SYSTEM pflcpfl dll O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a s - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service OfficeScanNT RealTime Scan ntrtscan - Trend Micro Inc - C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service OfficeScanNT Personal Firewall OfcPfwSvc - Trend Micro Inc - C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe O - Service OfficeScanNT Listener tmlisten - Trend Micro Inc - C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe Thanks Andy nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Every One
I have the admin laptop and it works fine except the wireless. The wireless works fine if i take it out from the domain and join the workgroup.

I have used the domain admin account and the machine local admin account and it does not work.
The hardware is OK and seems enabled with no problem except it does not see any wifi network.
The Laptop run Win 7 Pro.
Best Regards

Raid 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fcb4b7b-a5a3-43ef-b91c-f0e740ba9a76/wifi-cannot-detect-any-network-when-i-join-the-laptop-in-domain-it-works-fine-when-back-to?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.44%

IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page hence why theres a space in v-irus i think i have some adware of virus but did a scan on zonealarm can someone take a look at my log please thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved anywhere the on interet IF v down it shuts page irus I type exp at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SmFtZXMgTGVvbmFyZGk command exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C dfndrff exe C WINDOWS System msejavaupdt exe C Program Files Common Files F E - B - - - c Update exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC McLogCln exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop Stuff HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe msejavaupdt exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System userinit exe msejavau pdt exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe SU O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run McLogLch exe C Program Files McAfee MSC McLogLch exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE -startup O - HKLM Run keyboard c kybrdff exe O - HKLM Run defender C dfndrff exe O - HKLM Run zcm RUNDLL EXE w b c dll n d a b c O - HKLM Run newname C nwnmff exe O - HKLM Run Ms Java Update For Windows NT XP msejavaupdt exe O - HKLM RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT msi java exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run PcSync C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDialog O - HKCU Run Ms Java Update For Windows NT XP msejavaupdt exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT msi java exe O - HKCU RunOnce DelayShred quot c program files mcafee mshr ShrCL EXE quot P q C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History History IE MSHIST SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History History SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS TEMPOR Content IE H AWFVWL HOVER SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS TEMPOR Content IE OP QRSTUV PACKAG SH O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common ... Read more

A:IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page

Thread Closed

Please refer to these :

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=112265
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=115744

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/if-i-type-v-irus-anywhere-on-interet-exp-it-shuts-down-the-page-115745.html
Relevancy 46.44%

A couple days ago I randomly got a lot of pop ups on my computer screen as I was infected with a virus. I ran a few scans with Malwarebytes and it found some rogue things and I removed them. I thought I completely removed the virus and I was wrong. Now, I am constantly being redirected on google when I try and search things such as virus removal and the auto complete on google doesn't work. Also, when I start my computer up it says internet explorer is running even though I have not started it. I need help trying to solve my problems!

A:Constant Redirection when on Interet and Computer slow

Hi mmsboiballa, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.  Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer Log ErrorsList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go . Please put code boxes around just this entire log, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode] Rerun MalwarebytesOpen Malwarebytes, click on the Update tab, and click the check for Updates button (the latest update as of this post is 8260).If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If you have trouble updating, troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE (copy and paste that website address) and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the P... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429644/constant-redirection-when-on-interet-and-computer-slow/
Relevancy 46.44%

IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it I v page down the anywhere on interet exp irus type IF shuts it shuts down the page hence why theres a space in v-irus i think i have some adware of virus but did a scan on zonealarm can someone take a look at my log please thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SmFtZXMgTGVvbmFyZGk command exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C dfndrff exe C WINDOWS System msejavaupdt exe C Program Files Common Files F E - B - - - c Update exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC McLogCln exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Admin Desktop Stuff HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe msejavaupdt exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System userinit exe msejavaupdt exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe SU O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run McLogLch exe C Program Files McAfee MSC McLogLch exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE -startup O - HKLM Run keyboard c kybrdff exe O - HKLM Run defender C dfndrff exe O - HKLM Run zcm RUNDLL EXE w b c dll n d a b c O - HKLM Run newname C nwnmff exe O - HKLM Run Ms Java Update For Windows NT XP msejavaupdt exe O - HKLM RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT msi java exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run PcSync C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDialog O - HKCU Run Ms Java Update For Windows NT XP msejavaupdt exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunServices Ms Java for Windows NT msi java exe O - HKCU RunOnce DelayShred quot c program files mcafee mshr ShrCL EXE quot P q C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History History IE MSHIST SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History History SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS Temp History SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS TEMPOR Content IE H AWFVWL HOVER SH C DOCUME Admin LOCALS TEMPOR Content IE OPQRSTUV PACKAG SH O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context m... Read more

A:IF I type v irus anywhere on interet exp it shuts down the page

Start HiJackThis & go to Config>Misc.Tools> Delete a file on reboot... In the popup box that appears, copy/paste in: C:\Windows\system32\msejavaupdt32.exe

Click the Open button.
Click YES when prompted to restart your computer.

After you have rebooted, do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe msejavaupdt32.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe,msejavau pdt32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [keyboard] c:\\kybrdff_16.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [defender] C:\\dfndrff_16.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zcm26911] RUNDLL32.EXE w0b54c99.dll,n 0042690d0000000a0b54c99
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [newname] C:\\nwnmff_16.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ms Java Update For Windows NT/XP] msejavaupdt32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Ms Java for Windows NT] msi32java.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ms Java Update For Windows NT/XP] msejavaupdt32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Ms Java for Windows NT] msi32java.exe
O16 - DPF: {2D2BEE6E-3C9A-4D58-B9EC-458EDB28D0F6} - http://www.drivecleaner.com/.freewar...eanerstart.cab

1. Download this file using either of these links

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/combofix.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/combofix.exe

2. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log & a fresh HJT log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/if-i-type-v-irus-anywhere-on-interet-exp-it-shuts-down-the-page-115744.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My brother has Vista U and is able to connect to the wireless router fine yet he cant connect to the net with anything. I've been through all the settings i could find trying to work out whats going on but vista cant see any problems and thinks its connected.

its been able to connect in the past up till about a week ago. all over computers on the network connect to the internet fine.

I've also been through the routers settings and it all looks good from there.

If anyone has any ideas that would be really helpful.

A:vista says im connected to the internet but cant connect to the interet

Check IP settings using IPCONFIG/ALL, make sure the Gateway and DNS addresses are pointing to your Router.
On the Router settings, make sure the login details are correct and DNS is set to either specific ISP supplied DNS addresses or set to auto detect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-says-im-connected-to-the-internet-but-cant-connect-to-the-interet.657159/
Relevancy 46.44%

Everytime I try to go to a new webpage a small window pops up and asks me if I want to connect or work offline? So basically after I load every webpage it kicks me offline? It just started doing this yesterday and I've only had Vista on this computer for about a week now.
Sometimes a Dial-Up connection thing comes up too. Which is insane because I'm using 20mb/s Verizon FIOS for my internet.

It does this with both Firefox and I.E. so its not my browser.
How can I fix this? Its insanely annoying to have to do this everytime I change webpages!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/interet-connection-problem-with-64bit-premium-329130.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 45.15%

This is my daughter's computer. It has xp and she uses Mozilla and firefox. I get and error message for internet explorer - your current setting prohibit running activex controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. We cannot run Norton Antivirus 2005. We don't recieve a Norton error meassage. I just does'nt run

Relevancy 44.72%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system Another from a diffrent Log computer winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Another Log from a diffrent computer spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System sstray exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXEC Documents and Settings James Application Data shtr exeC WINDOWS System ttrib exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System HPHipm exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Documents and Settings James My Documents Unzipped HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Another Log from a diffrent computer Main Search Bar http google icq com search search frame phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http google icq comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www di fm R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dllO - BHO no name - C -FB B- DF - C -FCCACBA CA A - C WINDOWS System aypdm dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD -E - FC - - B - C WINDOWS System igz dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dllO - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe rO - HKLM Run TCASUTIEXE TCAUDIAG exe -onO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtimeO - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run ICQ Lite C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe -minimizeO - HKCU Run ATI DeviceDetect C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXEO - HKCU Run Baod C Documents and Settings James Application Data shtr exeO - HKCU Run Pxpy C WINDOWS System ttrib exeO - HKCU RunOnce ICQ Lite C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe -traybootO - Global Startup ATI CATALYST System Tray lnk C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htmO - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra button ATI TV - DFF- E- edc-B C- E CD C - C Program Files ATI Multimedia tv EXPLBAR DLLO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dllO - Extra button ICQ - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Window... Read more

A:Another Log from a diffrent computer

Bump...
just wondering if somone can still help me out. i'm traditionaly a linux user however my printer doenst work in linux and i also use my computer for business purposes and i have to print out invoices etc but it's not working all that great....

so yeah if somone could help that would be fantastic !

Thanks

JC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7031/another-log-from-a-diffrent-computer/
Relevancy 44.72%

Never got my scanner working it is a hp scanjet 2200c
pc is also hp. never had a problem before cant get it to work ??

everything went good with installing the disc but now when I try to scan it says.

x SORRY, SCANNER COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED

( SCANNER NOT FOUND)
this is on windows me if that helps....and yes its all plugged in..lol

THANKS LPGUY

A:scanner.....diffrent day

HPs troubleshoot for that problem: http://www.hp.com/cposupport/scanners/support_doc/bps03850.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanner-diffrent-day.135579/