Windows Support Forum

Turns on great But no boot beeps or any picture on screen(black screen)

Q: Turns on great But no boot beeps or any picture on screen(black screen)

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 and when i turn it on the lights come on but it doesnt have any boot beeps or any picture at all on the screen i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is or have sugestions to what could be causeing that thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-great-but-no-boot-beeps-or-any-picture-on-screen-black-screen.100226/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Turns on great But no boot beeps or any picture on screen(black screen)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 109.65%

I have a Gateway profile 4.0 in my room that I have been trying to fix. I have taken it to a few differnt tech people and they just told me to buy a new computer, but i really want to get this one working again. So when i turn it on sometimes it will start up normaly until you try to open or run anything. Then it goes black and beeps upon restarting it, any help would be great thanks

Intel Pentium 4 @2.8GHz
60 GB hard drive
256MB SDRAM

I know its not much but it was my first comp

A:When my system loads it beeps then the screen turns black

sounds like bad ram or a PSU going bad. try different ram and see if that makes a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-my-system-loads-it-beeps-then-the-screen-turns-black.51549/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello My mum was playing a game on her pc and suddenly the screen went black and the noise coming from the tower reduced I turned it on today and still black screen The fans are turning but not sure if there is noise coming from the hdd There is also no BIOS beep to confirm all is ok I have removed the RAM and tried it no beeps...? Black no no boot, screen, beeping at all Also not sure if this helps but there is a wire in there in a bundle of wires that is connected in to 'cd in' but the other end was lying loose unplugged They have a small black box on either end with connector ports for out of small prongs - -empty- I am Black screen, no boot, no beeps...? guessing it may be the hdd or maybe Black screen, no boot, no beeps...? the mother board But Im no expert Also removed the CPU fan and made sure was in right seemed to be Please help thanks in advance Cammy PS I seem to rememebr the make of the unit is some obscure make EZZA or AZZA or something I think PPS One of the cd drives has a green light on but will not open when the button is pressed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-no-boot-no-beeps-486485.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi After the windows update I'm stuck with a black screen and no way to follow instructions for downloads repairs etc on my Toshiba Satellite L with Windows I've tried new power adapters resetting with the battery removed another monitor via VGA didn't work and the laptop didn't come with a Windows disc Randomly the laptop screen came up twice briefly although the system was running very slow and Chrome and Firefox were hanging up I ran a malware scan the automated update troubleshooter uninstalled KB restored to a previous point backed up files to an external hard drive via Control Panel Backup which now shows as bytes and updated several drivers On the AMD driver to no no completely errors, beeps...can't screen; black Boot F8, s no no curser, I received an error message Boot to completely black screen; no curser, no errors, no F8, no beeps...can't s so I downloaded and installed it from their website After that it's stayed black it boots but nothing's on the screen and F doesn't work When the screen's black the amber indicator light I always see on the front of the laptop is not on it may be the WiFi indicator but I'm not sure since there are two other options not lit I'm not super tech savvy so I've literally spent a week trying to fix this and I'm exhausted PLEASE HELP was my birthday I can honestly say this is the WORST present ever

A:Boot to completely black screen; no curser, no errors, no F8, no beeps...can't s

Can you get into BIOS screen?

Usually F10, F12 or F2 during boot-up.

How old is the system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576852/boot-to-completely-black-screen;-no-curser-no-errors-no-f8-no-beepscant-s/
Relevancy 96.32%

After doing a system image backup I wanted to test the recovery disk. To have boot from cd tried changing bios to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot.  Couldn't get pc to boot after that so reset cmos by shorting the pins on mboard.  Now on startup always get 6 beeps and black screen but after a minute windows login screen comes on and it runs fine.  Can't access bios setup screen no matter what key used on startup.  6 beeps indicates a video card issue but no hardware errors indicated in device mgr.  Want to upgrade to Win 10 but fearful about doing it until address this boot issue.  Appreciate all help.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/6-beeps-on-startup-can-t-access-boot-options-black-screen/td-p/5637314
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello guys im new to this website. Well i have a problem with my computer. My brother shut down the pc by pushing the power button. I tried starting up my pc but all i hear is a continious beeping noise. Both the led lights are on and for some strange reason my cd drive light is blinking. Can you guys please help me? Thanks in advance.

A:PC Wont Boot!Black Screen!Beeps!Lights flashing.Please help

I think there is problem with ram either ram stick is not plugged properly or ram stick is gone bad.try to change ram stick see what happens

Regards
Michael

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-black-screen-beeps-lights-flashing-please-help.548392/
Relevancy 96.32%

I have started booting from USB and testing that kind of stuff. But suddenly a day when i clicked restart while pressing shift the menu popped up normally but when i try to restart in any way the screen just turns black. I have tried all of the different options and all turned black: boot from device, repair startup (something like that) and bios settings (UEFI or something like that).

And i think this has happend to me before and i fixed it without removing any battery or anything like that..... i think.

BTW i am not the best at computers.

And google is not my friend, i have googled for hours.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/screen-turns-black-when-i-try-to-boot-from-device-1099721.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello A friend came to me for help and I am leary of doing anything without conferring with the experts Here is the history Originally the PC had a periodic BSOD - x B I was able to boot to the quot last known good configuration quot and run MalwareBytes cleaning XP Black turns Screen will - boot PC not to BSOD up a number of Adware problems and I ran XP PC will not boot - BSOD turns to Black Screen the ESET online scanner which found nothing I made a restore point just in case After one or two more boots I once again received the BSOD x B Attempted to reboot using last known configuration to no avail Now all I get is a black screen after the initial boot messages no windows splash screen I have looked at your guides XP PC will not boot - BSOD turns to Black Screen about running CHKDSK FIXMBR FIXBOOT I m just a little leary that I may lose data on his hard disk he says that there is a tremendous amount of music on there I have a few questions What will be the impact of CHKDSK on his local files deletion damage I did type in FIXMBR and it stated the following quot This computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot record FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed This could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become inaccessible If you are not having problems accessing your drive do not continue Are you sure you want to write a new MBR quot Can I still run this without damage I just want to make sure I m doing the right thing before continuing I m assuming this is an XP problem and not malware but that may be a future post Thank you in advance for your help

A:XP PC will not boot - BSOD turns to Black Screen

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387771/xp-pc-will-not-boot-bsod-turns-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 95.46%

My Dell 14z 5423 will no longer boot. The keyboard lights turn on but then nothing happens. The screen is blank. If I remove the ram the computer gives out 2 beeps. If the ram is inside nothing happens just a blank screen. 
If someone knows how to fix this please let me know.

A:Dell Inspiron 14z 5423 Two beeps will not boot screen blank, black

Has this issue ever been fixed?  This is exactly what mine does now.
I'm ready to forget about and buy something new, but would like my pictures, etc off my laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19568399
Relevancy 95.46%

Desktop Model: Acer Aspire M5100-E5305A
Operating system: Vista 64-bit
LCD screen: DELL

Computer has two hard disks, each 500 GB. First one with two partitions is running the operating system, second one just for data.

Replaced the second 0.5 TB hard drive with a 1.5 TB disk.
Tried to start the computer, no boot beeps, and a black screen.
Both fans are running, the one from the source and the one on top the CPU, but otherwise the computer is dead.

Put back the old second hard drive, re-started, computer is still dead, no boot beeps, no video output. Keyboard and mouse are dead too.

Took out the power and held down the power button for 60 seconds, re-started, did not do any good, computer is still dead.

Any ideas what I can do? Computer is back to its original hardware configuration, but it would not run, not even a bloody beep!

Thank you,
Colin.

A:Acer AM5100-E5305A computer: no boot beeps and a black screen

You blew the power supply, inadvertently. Test by using a borrowed power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-am5100-e5305a-computer-no-boot-beeps-and-a-black-screen.140691/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi

My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop repeatably beeps on start up with black screen and does not boot the only way to stop it is remove power and battery then try again.
After several failed attempts it will boot
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Gary

A:Dell Inspiron 15 laptop repeatably beeps on start up with black screen and does not boot

Hi Gary,
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the system switches ON.

Switch off the computer.
Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
Remove the battery from the computer.
Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system.

If the system is not switching ON please connect the external monitor and check if the system is switching ON then I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

Turn on or restart the computer.
Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

Since the Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer emits a series of beeps during start-up if the LCD cannot display errors or problems. Please let me know the number of beeps you are receiving during startup as
Let us know your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19601625
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

System: Win732 bit SP1
CPU: Intel dual core E-2160
Ram: 2GB

When I boot regularly my screen just turns black prior to logging into windwos, i can hear the log on/off sounds.

It works in safemode with network drivers.

I ran antimalwarebytes and I had one infection by some "Rogueware.lnk".mp3 on my desktop which I removed with mab.

As of right now I'm running ESET online scan in safe mode and it found one infection "Win32/Opencandy".

I can assume that all hardware/drivers are working properly.

Why is my screen turning black all of a sudden when booting and how to get rid ofit?

Any help is welcome.

Thank you.

A:Likely rogueware infection win7/screen turns black during boot

A quick system restore to a point before you were infected may do the trick ... however, getting into the habit of imaging your drive, is IMO, the number one step in any security policy ... its a lot easier to restore an image than it is to re-install the OS and all of your applications ... let us know how it comes out ...

This will show you how to do a System Restore to restore your Windows 7 system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal user files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos.
System Restore

This will show you how to create a system image (clone) backup of the entire hard drive or partition that Windows 7 is on, and any other selected drive or partition. You can use this image to be able to do a system image recovery to restore the hard drive or partition at boot back to the way it was at the time the backup image was created.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/187421-likely-rogueware-infection-win7-screen-turns-black-during-boot.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I'm trying to figure out my friends PC issue so I'm going to do some tests but I figured I'd post and see if anyone had any input on what it might be, I believe it could be faulty hardware but I'm gonna try to figure out what possibly..

- Computer is new, about 1 month old
-Windows 7
-If left idle and turned back on, it can stay on for about 15 - 30 minutes until the screen goes black and needs to be shut down again, goes into this screen
-Computer was running and had music playing, screen went black again and music was still playing in the background. So it's a display issue, but the monitor is fine working on another computer
-Says makes like an electrical noise before the screen goes black, mouse won't move

If any suggestions that'd be helpful, thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602634/computer-screen-turns-black-wont-boot-unless-left-idle/
Relevancy 90.73%

hi my laptop screen is set to turn off after 5 mins, when it does i cannot wake it, no matter what buttons i push or using my mouse. this black screen also happens when i restart my computer, it logs me off the the screen goes black and computer power lights are still on and it does nothing HELP! haha thanks

Nathan

A:laptop screen goes black when i restart, and screen wont wake up after it turns off

Boot the computer and press F8 in the Advanced Boot menu choose Last Known Good Configuration.
What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufactures support/download drivers site and download the Chipset and the Video driver for the computer.
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl. Right click the powercfg results and Run As Administrator. Click Change Plan Settings/change Advanced power settings. Reset your power settings to your liking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-goes-black-when-i-restart-and-screen-wont-wake-up-after-it-turns-off-698507.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello,

I am encountering an issue of when the Dell optiplex 755 boots up, it boots through the Windows XP logo just fine, once it tries to transition between the logo and loading the system up, it just shows a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using a bootable Windows XP flash drive to repair the system files and it loads the Windows XP setup ok but when it runs through all of the commands on the bottom of the screen and the last one says "Starting Windows" , it takes me to a blue screen (screenshot below). I have HIRENS and have done a lot of the chkdsk commands to fix the files and everything comes back ok. I tried to clone the hard drive with the same exact hard drive and still the same issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Windows XP gets past the logo screen and then turns the screen black/bluescreen

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130053/EN#Error , scroll down to section on STOP 7B errors.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586463/windows-xp-gets-past-the-logo-screen-and-then-turns-the-screen-blackbluescreen/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 i just got it from some relatives but when i turn it on its comes to life but not fully it doesnt have any booting beeps and the screen stays black not even a flash ive tried using linux and stuff but still nothing im desperate to get this working its my first laptop unlike all my desktops lol anyone have any ideas of whats causing it to do this? ive also tried plugging it into another monitor from its external plug and it apears its giving a signal cause its all a black screen as well untill i unplug it then the monitor says no signal and flashes(external monitor) please help me please lol im desperate

A:Power turns on but no beeps or screen signal?

Hi broken_biker69,

I'm just wondering if this is something quite basic. Please try the following:

Remove the Power Adaptor
Remove the Battery
Remove any other external devices (ie USB devices)
Hold down the ON button for 30 seconds
Then put the Power Adaptor in ONLY
Turn on the Power at the wall (just in case!)
Turn on the computer

If that works please reply (to this thread)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-turns-on-but-no-beeps-or-screen-signal.100222/
Relevancy 89.44%

hey there i got a problem with screen black ... Dual turns screen 2nd issue, a dual screen Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... setup when i boot my computer and turn on monitors my nd monitor doesnt stay on he usualy turns black then i gotta turn em off and on again like two times before he stays on when he stays on i can hear a very silent peep sound commin from somewhere since i got somewhat bad hearing i cant tell where it is commin from last days the monitor also started flickering for Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... a few seconds Since i couldnt find anything on the web and dont know what is making the monitor do that i figured i would ask you guys here So here is what i did so far I checked graphic drivers and the connections nothin changed Thx in advance for the help Best regards smallfoe edit i hope thats the right forum section to post at if not feel free to move the topic as you please lt

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/60308-dual-screen-issue-2nd-screen-turns-black.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Alright today I hibernated my computer I usually hibernate left it for an hour and attempted to turn it back on now it loads fine but once it gets to the point where it should display the vista logo and then the log in screen the screen goes blank The hard Screen turns black screen login reaching before the disk light is blinking fast so fast it's almost just staying on and the wireless does its blinking patterns as Screen turns black before reaching the login screen if it's redying the wireless connection but the screen remains black I've tried safe mode same result Two screens same result I booted Ubuntu and it was fine so I'm using that now First of all any insight into how I should go about fixing this If not I have extremely important files on the hard drive is there any way you could recommend getting them back Thanks for any help I'd hate to have to take it in Screen turns black before reaching the login screen and risk the guys at the store deciding it's easier just to wipe the hard drive or something

A:Screen turns black before reaching the login screen

Are you using a Ubuntu Live CD, or are you dual booting?
If you're dual booting, you can access your ntfs partition from Ubuntu using steps listed on many many web sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
Some are easier than others.

As for fixing your Vista. I have reservations because in some of my steps Vista has this nasty habit of overwriting the master boot record with its own without warning you (making you unable to boot into ubuntu if you dual boot), so research some more, and proceed with caution. If you boot into the Vista DVD, I think you can click repair, and you have a bunch of options and it looks like this:
http://neosmart.net/wiki/download/at...eryOptions.png
I haven't tried them in a while so I can't really recall what each does.
You can try going back using a restore point. Be VERY cautious with "Startup Repair". I think that's the one that rewrites the master boot record. (if you really need to try it, research how you can backup the master boot record in ubuntu, then restore it if needed - usually a flash drive, a floppy, or a bootable CD may be needed - you most likely would be able to do it from the live cd if you know the steps though).
And if all else fails, do a repair install. Can't recall how it's done, but there are many sites dedicated to that topic. You can also ask around the forum about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-before-reaching-the-login-screen-319746.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I m having trouble with two of my desktops Desktop Problem When all cords and such are plugged in I press the power button The desktop turns on for about - seconds and then HELP! restarts turns repeatedly, black turns on to on and screen Desktop other restarts The bios doesn t flash the os doesn t boot As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely Any ideas what s going on here --Desktop Type HP Pavilion a W I found someone with a similar problem here Desktop Problem HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen I bought some M Dust Remover a few days ago I disconnected power along with everything else from a desktop of mine Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case I put everything back together plugged it in and the desktop doesn t work It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led s stuck on on the front of the desktop The led on the back of the power supply turns on I can hear the hard drive spin up it detects the cd dvd drives floppy drive and then just hangs with the led s stuck on Anyone have an idea what might be going on here --Desktop Type Compaq Presario S NX Thanks for the help I m hoping to get atleast one of these back online w o buying a whole new desktop -Chris nbsp

A:HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Hi&#8230;.

Desktop 1:

Do you see anything on your screen at all while this is happening?

Have you tried to press the setup key to see if the BIOS will come up and make changes?

Do you have any USB devices (other than keyboard or mouse) hooked up? If so, try disconnecting them and see if it will at least POST or attempt to go into the OS.

WARNING: Before checking the capacitors, disconnect the power cord on your system and press & hold the POWER button to allow the power to discharge! Also, you should always ground yourself before touching computer components to prevent static discharge!

Just FYI, some of the motherboards in this series of HP&#8217;s have issues with the capacitors.

You should take a look at the capacitors to see if the tops of them are raised or discolored. Also, if you put your finger on the top of the capacitors, they should feel as if they are INDENTED and not flush or raised. Raising or discoloration (up to and including a black tar looking substance on the tops indicate a leaking capacitor).

Desktop 2:

Any POST sounds (beeps) produced at all?

Have you tried the monitor from Desktop 1 on this one?

Anything at all displayed on the monitor, to include CHECK CABLE message?

Recommendation: Open the case again and ensure that all the cards, memory, drive cables and so forth are all connect properly and not loose or dislodged.

Do you know how to RESET your BIOS to default using the onboard jumpers?

Here is a detailed link on troubleshooting this issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&rule=4566&lang=en

Thanks and keep us up-to-date!

Shane

Found another good link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...788&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-turns-on-and-restarts-repeatedly-other-turns-on-to-black-screen.666195/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey all, I am trying to fix my friends computer and at the start the computer makes 3 beeping noises. I have googled that and apparently it means that the video card is shot or the ram? I had a few video cards just laying around so i tried all of them but none of them worked! So I replaced the ram 64mb ram and that got rid of the beeping noise but the computer still wouldnt boot. I figured this was because it wasnt large enough to boot windows XP so my buddy went out and bougth a 256mb and I installed that and the machine still begins to beep. Any suggestions are much appreciated! thank you in advance.

Relevancy 86.86%

So my laptop was working perfectly last night, then all of a sudden I wake up and it turns on but nothing shows on the screen. It beeps about 4 times every 30 seconds and does so until I turn it off. Ive tried connecting it to an external monitor but it doesn't work. Anyone know whats wrong?

A:[SOLVED] Dell Studio 1555 turns on, nothing shows on screen but beeps

Sounds like a memory issue.

Have you done any memory upgrades lately

I'd pop the memory cover off, remove and reinsert the modules and try again.
Make sure you remove the AC and battery before removing the cover

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dell-studio-1555-turns-on-nothing-shows-on-screen-but-beeps-694449.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a HP Pavilion dv 9700. I was playing wow and all of a sudden the screen went blank. So i decided to turn it off... When i turn it back on the screen starts up with the rest of the computer but no picture comes. The computer works because i can hear the startup, but the screen wont work. It has a light in the background but not the startup texts or any more.
Someone plz help me

A:My screen turns on but no picture comes when i start my comp

hi try connecting your comp to a monitor with a vga cable and see if you get a picture also when you say the screen starts up do you mean you see the bios screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-screen-turns-on-but-no-picture-comes-when-i-start-my-comp-347968.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Okay so here are my specs i k Asus motherboard Zotac ti OC edition - note I haven t done anything oc-wise to the card beyond what it was oc ed to from the factory gb Pioneer memory Diablotek psu Everything has worked flawlessly for a month It even booted the first time I turned it on which is rare with my luck So a couple days ago I turn my pc on the startup possible screen would issue input be black 560ti Any great - screen comes on then the pc shuts down When I turn it on again two things happen My video card fan is now spinning at top speed or faster and is extremely loud I now am not getting monitor connectivity So I jump to 560ti black screen issue - Any possible input would be great two possibilities either a the video card just had a heart attack or b my power supply is having a heart attack After reviewing however everything else is powering up fine the motherboard hdd cpu all seem to be getting power also when I try a different video card in albeit a less wattage card it boots up fine So it seems to point to the video card and not the psu When I talked to a Zotac tech he seemed to agree it could be a connectivity issue on the card that isn t allowing it to interface with my pc It s gotten to be a confusing issue mainly because no one else seems to have gotten an issue quite like this with this card So fast forward to today I get home from class and decide to give it the old college try I hook up the card start it up and it sounds fine No loud fan and I get connectivity from the monitor I even went as far as to run BF on the card just to get the temp up to see if it was an overheating issue As I thought the card performed just like it did before I got the issues So what could the possible issues be here Could the PSU be getting some kind of power issues intermittently And why would the card work now if there was some possible connection issue before Unless that could be an intermittent issue as well At this point I don t even want to shut my system down out of worry that I ll get the same exact issues once again But like I said my systems running perfectly now and the temps are all normal too Once I m done this busy week of school I m going to isolate the problem to either the the vid card or psu though it seems to me to be some underlying video card problem since the psu seems to power everything else fine Either way any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:560ti black screen issue - Any possible input would be great

It is possible that your PSU is not putting out enough wattage. If you can post make/ model and rating, would be the first thing to check

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/560ti-black-screen-issue-any-possible-input-would-be-great.1050822/
Relevancy 84.71%

hi hows it going, i need help with the laptop screen it went black!
I could hear everything running , you can see the screen just a little bit but hardly readable, I cant even see the mouse pointer. I read a couple forums of people with the same problem but still unresolvable. I pressed F8 while i restarting the laptop, and i cant even see the bios setup menu. I have the driver cd but i cant even install it becaue i cant see where to open it.
Helpp! thanks so much!
may all your problems be fixed too!

A:help on great quality laptop from frys i have a black screen

Sounds like a bad Video card or LCD. Probably would be good idea to take the laptop bacy to Fry's a certified service center for your particular brand of laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-great-quality-laptop-from-frys-i-have-a-black-screen.47331/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys, i need help with my acer travelmate 8100.

Recently my laptop woudnt start up. instead it justs gives m3 beeps and a blank screen. i here the fan, and i can open my cd drive.

i would love it if you helped.

A:Black screen 3 beeps

It could be any number of things. A bad motherboard, a failing harddrive, or ram that has gone bad.It might also be a power supply problem.Either way you might want to take it somewhere to get a proper diagnosis and proceed from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-3-beeps.1045612/
Relevancy 84.28%

First our power supply died We replaced it Then the monitor was black with the appropriate beeps for the video card problem We got a new video card Now the screen was working I could get into the BIOS but the floppy disk was failing Unplugged that and got it out of the system Then it wouldn t recognize the hard drive It kept wanting me to boot from the CD-ROM It was telling me that there was no IDE Primary Master The CD-ROM is the secondary master I went to the CMOS Setup Utility and it was set for Auto to find and load the IDE In the Primary Master menu it beeps no screen, black said the capacity was MB This is a MB harddrive So I checked all the cables inside Unplugged them and plugged them back in Turned the machine on and now it comes on but there are no beeps the screen is black and when I try to shut black screen, no beeps it off using the button on the front of the machine it won t shut off Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

About two weeks ago I installed more memory on my PC and the PC worked just fine. Yesterday I was on the PC and it totally froze up (mouse didn't work, CTRL ALT DELETE didn't work) so I powered it off manually. When I powered it back up, I hear three short beeps from the PC and the monitor is completely black. The light on the monitor is green then after about three seconds it turns an amber color. I have checked all the cables and wires and everything is where it's supposed to be and firmly in position.

From what I have been reading on the internet, the three beeps indicates a RAM problem, but the amber color on the monitor indicates a video card problem. Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Thanks

Relevancy 84.28%

My computer won't boot up all of a sudden.. it goes black with no cursor.. caps lock blinks and it beeps two times

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Black-screen-2-beeps/td-p/5675467
Relevancy 84.28%

I need help fixing my dell inspiron 3520. After I got windows 10, the moment I turned it there was  black screen. I did what I found to help out but it never really helped and continued. I finally had a moment off it coming on so I to that chance to reboot and clean out my data. The next day when I pressed the power button the laptop not only just a black screen but is beeping 3 too.

A:Black screen and 3 beeps

I've fixed the issue..well it's a workaround that worked...
Right firstly, ignore the dumb response from Microsoft Engineer.

It's a logic problem and I have a workaround!!!!! I figured that an update or some function of Windows 10 had done something to the Bios as part of an update or driver reboot. No mater what you do it's stone cold dead. I remembered an old trick on HP servers to bring them back to life after a failed Bios update.
On another PC download the latest BIOS Update I think it was A10 (you will need this as soon as you get the brick working again
Now it is time to bring it back from the dead - You need to clear the CMOS data that HAS BEEN CORRUPTED by windows 10 update. It's not for the faint hearted though.
Strip the laptop, if you don't know how to do this ask a grown up or search You tube.
Remove the memory (optional, but I did this anyway), Laptop battery, power supply, HD and finally the CMOS backup battery.
Now in the old days we used to short out the battery terminals to clear any residual capacitor every; but now it looks like  you can just hold down power button for about 1 minute to discard any capacitors.
Resemble the laptop, don't button it up just yet as It look a few attempts to get this to stick.
Power it up!!!!, be patient as it takes a while for it to sort out the BIOS. after a few minutes you should see the Dell Bootloader (if you don't try power cycling a few times. If it starts with the 3 beeps then repeat step 4 - 7 again.
If it comes back to life let it boot into windows and log in with an admin account.
before you do anything else update the bios to A10 (I had A03). It will force a reload and will boot to BIOS update routine. Follow instructions.......
Let it boot into Windows and do a test reload It should be OK with Windows 10 and as long as you not done anything stupid already trying to fix it should be ok.

Notes: I found the BIOS fix this after a number of false starts. I got the laptop working and on every power off the BIOS was screed by something W10 was writing. As soon as I upgraded the BIOS it was fine. This is a new on on me; but I'm not technical any more so don't know how windows boots now compared to Windows 2000.

Hope this helps, my Son is now happy and I have been reinstated as god of all things IT in our house, as I told him, he thinks he knows about computers; but I have forgot more than he knows. Old school rules :-)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19647188
Relevancy 83.42%

I used a certain system cleaning application that made my laptop appear to quot lose quot a big chunk of RAM It went from having mg to mg Physically I know that isn t possible but my computer thought it no screen, black prompt, beeps no true After a hours of use it black screen, no prompt, no beeps began to drag and make the sound as if it was being over taxed Eventually it just shut itself off When I powered it on it gave me a choice of which way it should boot I wasn t sure what to do and chose F which may have been the multiple boot option It just remained at that screen so after waiting a long time of nothing happening I just turned it off Now when I turn it on all I get black screen, no prompt, no beeps is a black screen with no prompt or any words at all It also doesn t make any beeping sounds nor any other auditory implications Just the soft whirling sound of the fan motor or whatever it is that let s you know it s running I don t know if the RAM mishap has anything to do with it but it happened around the same time The computer itself g Intel P with Windows XP Pro What can I do with only a black screen Any thoughts or suggestions nbsp

A:black screen, no prompt, no beeps

What can you do with a black screen - nothing really.

It sounds like the computer is failing to boot at all. The problem could be hardware by the sound of it, possibly unrelated to the other cleaning software issue?

Try booting from your Windows XP CD, but if the computer is not making POST into the BIOS, that will not work either.

Bet you are glad that all that data is backed up safely...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-no-prompt-no-beeps.339611/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an HP Model: SR5333WM desk top. This morning upon start up the image went hay wire, then a black screen and a series of 1 short beep followed by 1 longer beep. I unplugged the system for another reboot, but upon turning the system on, I get the beeps and no output to the monitor. I hear the fans and the system is powered up, but nothing on the monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen-and-beeps.996835/
Relevancy 83.42%

I just installed a new video card, and once i boot up with it, i get 10 beeps and the monitor just goes black with the power light blinking. If i put my other card in it works fine again. Whats going on?

Relevancy 83.42%

I have an HP G72 laptop. A few days ago I was thinking about installingubuntu. I booted from the LiveUSB. For some reason or another, I'm claiming temporary insanity, when the 'Try Ubuntu' screen came up, Ipressed the power button on the latop instead of going through the restart option.Now the laptop will not boot from the hard drive. It shows no BIOS or anything, just a black screen. The fan is running, the wifi light is lit, the number lock is lit but the screen is totally blank. I connected an external monitor and it doesn't show anything either.However, if I put the Ubuntu Live USB in, the system will boot from it and the external monitor will show Ubuntu.Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Black screen, No BIOS, No beeps......

I resolved the issue.  Not sure how but I tore the system down to the base components and put them back together and it booted up just fine into Windows.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-No-BIOS-No-beeps/td-p/2910275
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 82.56%

I was playing a game on my PC while on screen turn black with Beeps won't Computer it was storming out and the power surged Before I could unplug my pc the power came back on and my computer started back up After starting back up it said installing update do not turn off the computer I waited until it was done then it brought me to a black Computer won't turn on Beeps with black screen screen with a Windows logo and a circular loading bar I waited somewhere between - minutes before holding down the power button until it turned off Upon turning the computer back on all the fans would work and everything it would show the blue screen that says to press esc then brings me to a black screen where it would have a mark in the top left and beep non stop It isnt a long beep or anything its just multiple beeps non stop until I turn it off I have tried taking out the ram and putting it back in but it just keeps beeping I did a mem test and it showed that nothin was wrong with the ram The beeps are high pitched and very fast I have a video showing what happens if there is a way to post it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-won-t-turn-on-Beeps-with-black-screen/td-p/5704658
Relevancy 82.56%

My Display is always black when i start the laptop up the screen stays black and computer makes two beeping noises. ive tried almost everything i could think of but still no change does anyone no what the problem could be??

A:Toshiba Screen Is Black And Cumputer Beeps Twice When Is Sta

Let us have the make and model number of your computer - the beep codes vary.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/toshiba-screen-is-black-and-cumputer-beeps-twice-when-is-sta/14025.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I was playing a game on my PC while it was storming out and the power surged Before I could unplug my pc the power came back on and my computer started back up After starting back up it said installing update do not turn off the computer I waited until it was done then it brought me to a black screen with a Windows logo and a circular loading bar beeps Loads to non-stop screen and black I waited somewhere between - minutes before holding down the power button until it turned off Upon turning the computer back on all the fans would work and everything it would show the blue screen that says to press esc then brings me to a black screen where it would have a mark in the top left and beep non stop It isnt a long beep Loads to black screen and beeps non-stop or anything its just multiple beeps non stop until I turn it off I have tried taking out the ram and putting it back in but it just keeps beeping I did a mem test and it showed Loads to black screen and beeps non-stop that nothin was wrong with the ram nbsp The beeps are high pitched and very fast nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Loads to black screen and beeps non-stop

We already discussed this issue in two threads:1.http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-beeps-multiple-times-nonstop-and-bl...2.http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-beeps-multiple-times-nonstop-and-bl... Hence request you to take the unit to authorized service center or call HP and setup a service.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Loads-to-black-screen-and-beeps-non-stop/td-p/5703961
Relevancy 82.56%
A:Power on, no post, no beeps, black screen...

If you had a thunderstorm and lightning, it could be more than one component, but the likely suspects are power supply and motherboard.

Here is a way to troubleshoot from member TVeblen:

Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):
• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.
• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).
• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card. (be careful handling them and place them on a non conductive surface while testing).
• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).
Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.
• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.
• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.
• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.
If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210640-power-no-post-no-beeps-black-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Product Name:- HP Pavilion dv5 NotebookSometimes the black screen turns red with dancing pixels like noise. Solution please.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/black-screen-turns-red/td-p/5802695
Relevancy 82.13%

After running for a few minutes, my screen turns 1/4 black and pushes everthing to the side. My system was running fine for the past couple of weeks until this started 3 days ago. Any ideas? Thanks. -John in San Antonio

Vista Ultimate 32 bit
8gb RAM
AMD 6000+ dual core
ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard
Acer flatscreen

A:1/4 of screen turns black

Try a different monitor, and if that one does NOT have this issue , then you need a new monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-4-of-screen-turns-black.867757/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I really need help with a problem I've been having at random This has happened times and counting and they were all at times I was of course away from my computer The screen goes black and my keyboard and mouse doesn't light up anymore My computer is still on but I can hear my CPU fan racing every time this happens I don't know exactly why this happens other than a possible graphic driver error but I am updated to the latest I check my event log and this is the only error that I see happening each time this happens Faulting application name csrss exe version time stamp x a bc Faulting module name sxs dll version time stamp x ce c cc Exception code xc Fault offset x b f Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x d ee e ef e Faulting application path C Windows system csrss exe Faulting module path C Windows system sxs dll Report Id d ead -eae - e - da- c I read online sxs dll belongs to Microsoft for something called Fusion Do I need this on my Screen turns black computer or is the problem something more than this If someone can please help me with this I would be happy and If you need any logs I will try to post them ASAP Thanks

A:Screen turns black

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574327/screen-turns-black/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Dell Inspiron and it seems that they are the worst that have the problems. It is a vista and a year and a half old. Before it died/crashed it would turn black. In the light i could still see the programs running and it just faded the screen. I tried setting the hibernation to never and turning off screen to never but it still fades to that same blackness. I cant even see properly through it and i cant do anything to turn it back to it was before.

I rebooted it to the factory edition but it still does the same thing. Please help!

Relevancy 82.13%

my screen turns black

A:my screen turns black

my laptop screen tuirns black

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-screen-turns-black-382831.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I think I may have reassembled it incorrectly, after the repairer gave it back to me in a hundred pieces.  Need a reputable repairer in California to look at it while I am there on holidays.

A:My R7-572 had a black screen. Now it turns on for...

Acer service centershttp://www.service-center-locator.com/acer/acer-service-center.htm California list:http://www.service-center-locator.com/acer/california/acer-sacramento-california.htm

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-R7-572-had-a-black-screen-Now-it-turns-on-for-5-seconds-then/td-p/427514/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey there,

I was online and everything just fine on my computer, then turned it off. When I went to get back on it everything loaded just fine, and like it normally does. UNTIL after i typed in my password, then my screen just goes black & I cant do anything. If anyone has ANY idea of what I can do PLEASE HELP...

I am trying to fill out job apps

Thank you !

Details:
Acer Laptop
Windows Vista

A:screen turns black , PLEASE HELP !!

I know this might sound silly, but were you running off the battery and now maybe the battery is running low, if this is the case the screen will become black after the battery gets too low.
Just a thought.

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-turns-black-please-help.971524/
Relevancy 81.7%

A friend of my parents recently gave them this PC without any background and they gave it to me When trying to boot it up after a few seconds it just gives long beeps alongside and 6 no ca... screen black long HP beeps startup on - graphics orange flashes of the power LED After that it goes back to blue and nothing is displayed on the screen nbsp After a lot of looking around people seem to say it is a graphics card issue but this PC does not have a graphics card and never did warranty HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... seal was still on it when I got it I have tried two different graphics cards in HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... it HD and GT and both graphics cards along with integrated graphics still give the beeps nbsp Some sources say it's the Secure Boot that needs to be disabled in the BIOS but I can not get into the BIOS Even by pressing F or F on startup it still has the same result of going straight to the beeps and blank screen nbsp I have tried reseating the CPU i - swapping it out for an i - trying different sticks of RAM and different hard drives Still nothing every time HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca... booting up it gives the beeps nbsp Any help

A:HP 6 long beeps on startup and black screen - no graphics ca...

Have you tried resetting the BIOS settings?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-6-long-beeps-on-startup-and-black-screen-no-graphics-card/td-p/5603814
Relevancy 81.7%

hy
i am new here

i scan and remove 100 malware from my computer  i boot and --- nothing work!

i get black screen with 4 beeps sound and f8 or del key not working and i cant acsses to my boot and cant do nothing
any solution?

is it because the malware remove tool?

A:black screen and 2 beeps after malware removal with malwarebyte

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/510429 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510429/black-screen-and-2-beeps-after-malware-removal-with-malwarebyte/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey guys Trying to fix an issue with the mrs Dell notebook which is an Inspiron z st thing - it s out of warranty so need to try a self-fix if possible if not I m sensing it may be time for a black 3 screen Notebook 15z 5523 - Inspiron beeps, new laptop for her so any tips on data recovery will be appreciated down the line Also worth Inspiron 15z 5523 Notebook - 3 beeps, black screen mentioning that this has come about a couple of days after installing Windows - unsure if that s related but worth a mention The issue is that no matter what we re faced with a blank black screen with no backlights or LED anywhere It s now started beeping times in succession which as far as I can tell from the troubleshooting here is a system board failure For now though I ve done the following Allowed the battery to drain and try running on AC power Reset the motherboard using the paperclip reset button method Troubleshooted using the above link Confirmed that it is out of warranty The main priorities are trying to get this working again and if not getting the data from the laptop to allow us to get it onto a new one if necessary Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Jesse

A:Inspiron 15z 5523 Notebook - 3 beeps, black screen

Yahooo!! Sorted!!!

Thanks guys for all your help! It's really appreciated!

A few things that I noticed. In terms of getting it restarted when the three beeps were happening:
1. There were no clear "this will always work" instructions. Doing the right thing will work sometimes and not others.
2. The most consistent method I had which resulted in not just clearing the beeps, but a successful boot was as follows:
a. Remove CMOS battery.
b. Either Remove main battery, or move the little switch under the keyboard (to the left) into the off position. This just disconnects the battery.
c. Press and hold the power button to drain the capacitors (Now that the cover is off, this is just a tiny silver button...so you'll need a screwdriver or something to easily press it....preferable an electrical screwdriver!)
d. Leave the computer in this state for some time. At least 10 minutes, but if you're having difficult, do it overnight. I've no idea why this delay should be necessary, especially after draining the capacitors, but it seemed to help make it more consistent.
e. Put the CMOS battery back in, and either put the main battery back in or slide the little switch under the keyboard back to on.
f. Again wait 10-15 minutes. I've no idea why this seemed to help, but it did. Perhaps the CMOS battery does something after being reinserted.
g. Do NOT connect any USB drive. Inserting a USB drive triggers a startup in this case. Instead you should just connect the power cable. This will trigger a start up. Again I've no idea why a power cable is better than starting from the battery, but it the only times I got it to start, was after connecting the power cable.
h. Now it NEVER started first time after connecting the power cable! Instead I'd let it run for 10-15 seconds, then turn off with the power cable (just a regular push...not a push and hold). Wait 5 seconds and then press the power button again. Now it would start up and within 5 seconds or so I'd see the Dell logo.

Maybe a lot of this is just "voodoo" rubbish, but its seemed to be the most consistent way for me.
Two things though:
1. It only ever started when the CMOS battery was inside. For ages I took it out as it was easier to reset the PC my removing the power cable and turning off the battery from the switch under the keyboard. But it never actually started without the CMOS battery installed.
2. It only ever started for me with the power cable connected, despite the main battery being well charged.

Now with the machine working I did a full factory reset. I didn't preserve anything. I think this was important as a precaution against later problems.
If you want to keep data, then when you're in and running use some backup software. I used a free program called Backerupper. It seems to work well.
http://www.backup-utility.com/free-backup-software.html 

Most of the time a "Restart" was ok to do. Just don't do a power down and then power up again. Occasionally the "Restart" didn't work or got stuck and I was back to the beginning, but generally it worked ok.

Then the reflashing part. This bit really caught me out. It appears that there is more than one type of command prompt! I was attempting to make a bootable USB stick from an image of Win98 and while it would boot, I could not install the new BIOS.

Instead what you need is to download a program called Rufus
https://rufus.akeo.ie/ 

Set the partition to MBR Partition for UEFI and legasy boot.
Set file system to FAT32
Tick the box "Create a bootable disk using"
Set box to the right of that to "MS-DOS". It's probably already on ISO image, but you want MS-DOS.

It's the MS-DOS that allows you to flash the drive.
Download the latest Bios from Dell (It's 5523A05.exe) and copy it to the memory stick.
Now stick the memory stick into the USB port on the l... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19649946
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I have had my Dell for just under three years and never had a problem. I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and it worked fine the following morning but then unexpectedly the laptop had turned itself off. Now, if I press the power button, the screen does not do anything and after about five seconds there are three beeps, which then reoccur.I have investigated and found that this model has not been tested, however Microsoft failed to mention that when telling me my specifications were fine for an upgrade.I am wondering whether I can do anything cheap which will both save my laptop and all my work :(. I have already tried physically checking my RAM and reinstalling windows 8 to no avail.
Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers community

A:Dell Inspiron 3520 nothing but black screen and three beeps

Does this system has nVidia video theres been some issues with nVidia display adapters. See here:
http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19645191
Your issue seems similar.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646787
Relevancy 81.7%

When I turn on my moms computer the screen stays black and I get 3 beeps (3 short 1 longer) then pause then 3 short beeps and it just keeps doing that.

Can anyone guide me here where to start...She LIVES on her computer and is lost without it..lol.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I've come to hopefully find a solution to a boot up problem I'm having with my computer There are several factors that I'm honestly not turns black only but Computer on screen. sure will play a role or not mainly because I'm not very understanding when it comes to computers The problem is that when I push the power button of my computer it sends no signal to my screen I can't tell if it loads anything or not either I can think of a few things that might have some effect on this but I'm not sure About three months back after cleaning my neglected tower of dust and such it started to shut off rapidly after boot up To inspect the problem I had a friend look at the computer He removed the cooling unit on the Processor revealing that my year old computer had next to no thermal compound So after putting of Computer turns on but only black screen. ordering some for about three months we had applied some about days ago The computer then booted up fine but seemed to have an excess Computer turns on but only black screen. amount of lag So I wiped the computer and reinstalled XP Computer turns on but only black screen. tonight When it was booted up it worked fine so I went into IE to download firefox as it's my preference then started reinstalling my drivers First I installed my Videocard then kept my computer booted up for my sound drivers which I got from the Compaq homesite After doing this I rebooted my computer Not I wanted to get simple things such as AIM and and Java So when i go to boot up Firefox from it's default homepage my computer shuts down when I go to reboot it it doesn't start and I'm forced to unplug and plug in the tower It continued to boot me from various sites So after getting fed up with that I reinstalled my Oblivion having already installed my sound and video cards After about an hour of playing that it froze that's when I shut down my computer manually and tried to reboot it and it starts but doesn't send anything to my monitor After reading a few posts on here I took out my video card and cleaned made sure it was connected and retried I still got nothing Is there any chance anyone could give me a hand with this all

A:Computer turns on but only black screen.

Ok, so after further testing, hooking my monitor to my onboard video card gets no results either. I've tried removing my memory sticks one by one, also leading to no results. I've tried a different power supply as well, giving nothing new.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turns-on-but-only-black-screen-282590.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys Basically as the title suggests when I turn on my PC it powers up I hear fans spinning yet my screen will stay black To add to this when it stays blank my keyboard also does not light up So far the only way for me to access my PC is to turn it off and on a few times usually including completely disconnecting it from the power for a short while PC Specs Windows Ultimate bit screen my still on PC black/blank? Turns is BUT AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor GeForce GTX GB RAM PC Power amp Cooling Silencer EPS V W Power Supply Rocca ISKU Illuminated Gaming Keyboard PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank? Rocca XTD Gaming Mouse First time having a gaming mouse keyboard so I was not sure if maybe they caused problems sucked extra power etc I m not too experienced with the ins and outs of computers but all I can think is maybe my PSU is not giving PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank? enough power though I get no warning beeps my Keyboard might be the issue I hope you guys can help I ve thought maybe do I need to update the BIOS If so how do I do that nbsp

A:PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank?

Is this a new build that will not post or has it been running then developed a problem?

Have you tried disconnecting ALL drives [both hd and optical] removing any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, etc and then pw ON? See if the mb will reliably complete POST. If it does complete post a few times, then start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it does not complete POST in the above config, then you will need to start swapping parts with known good units; start with the pw supply.

Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact ram installed, etc. Note 8gig of ram does not really tell us much; 8gig of corsair 123xxx, tells us a lot more.

If you can get the system to post, enter the bios or uefi and post the following info; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-on-but-my-screen-is-still-black-blank.1121339/
Relevancy 81.27%

I just bought my laptop a few weeks ago and now the screen will randomly go black. I run McAfee and Spy Sweeper often enough. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium(6.0,6001 build) with SP1, it is a gateway laptop. The system model is M-1624 (not sure if it helps). The processor is a AMD Turion 64 X2 with 2 GB memory. Just reply if you can help or you need more information.

A:Screen turns black randomly...

What kind of graphics card are you running? Version and all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-randomly-247752.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a problem with my laptop
Its a Toshiba Satellite C855-1M1
The problem that I have is that my charger needs to be plugged in or the battery runs out in about 7 mins.
So I always have my charger plugged in.
The thing is, as i turn my laptop on, it shows 'starting windows' then the screen goes black, so I cant login.

My battery is pabas260 4.200mAh
My os- Windows 7
i3 processor.
Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 81.27%

At any random time I'm on my computer, the monitor screen will fade to a dark shade, then just go pitch black, while it's still on. If you turn the monitor off and back on it will stay normal for maybe a second before it goes pitch black again. The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhile.

I have a hp pavilion a712n with a nvidia geforce x card i installed myself. any my monitor is a hp pavilion f1703

help please. i dont know what to do

A:My Monitor Screen Turns Black...

The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhileI'd have to say you've already answered your own question. Got a test monitor?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52595/my-monitor-screen-turns-black/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am using Windows on my laptop If I connect my laptop to a video projector and left it idle for about minutes the screen turns Black Screen Turns a Presentation during black So I am trying to avoid this Here Screen Turns Black during a Presentation is what I did so far First I found that for Windows the option of presentation setting is not available in Control panel - gt Windows Mobility Center Fig Next I looked for the screen saver and found that I have not activated it at all Also the Fig Next I tried to Change the power setting by going to Control panel - gt Change power setting - gt Change when to turn off the display and set all of the as Never Fig I still got the black screen after doing these Finally I noticed that after I left my laptop idle for about minutes it says quot maintenance is in progress quot in the quot Action center quot After searching through web I found that an easy way to stop this maintenance during my presentation I disconnected from the wireless internet temporary when giving a presentation I tested this and after disconnecting from internet there will be no quot maintenance is in progress quot However the screen still turns black during presentation even after disconnecting from the internet Any help will be appreciated

A:Screen Turns Black during a Presentation

Welcome to the forum Sina! How about advanced power settings?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54402-screen-turns-black-during-presentation.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx laptop and everytime I turn it on, it has a black screen. Everything else lights up like the QuickPlay strip with the lights and stuff but the screen is always black.

A:Laptop Turns on but Black Screen help?

Can you point a bright flashlight at the screen, and see if you see an image on the screen?

________________________________________________________HP Elite h8-1070T Intel Core i7 2600 12GB RAM AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Gaming)HP DC7900CMT Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz 4GB RAM Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Workstation)HP XW4200 Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.6GHz 4GB RAM Windows XP Professional (Home File Server)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Turns-on-but-Black-Screen-help/td-p/441005
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys screen turns XP black Installation during I have installed windows xp many many times and this is screen turns black during XP Installation the first time its happned So when i try to install it seems fine in the beginning Formatting Installing some files then it goes to the part where it prepares screen turns black during XP Installation the installation and it says something like minutes left Its still fine there buh when it goes down to around minutes My screen turns black and it screen turns black during XP Installation just dies there I tried turning on and off my monitor no luck Cap lock and Num Lock arent working at all Fan stops and disc stops spinning These are the things i have tried Tried re-installing re-formatting many many times Low-level format my hard drive checked my hard drive many times Resetted my BIOS Please if anyone out there has had the same problem and knows how to solve it Please help me Thank you very much System - AMD Sempron MB ATI Radeon se series GB HD sorry i dunno the exact brand and info on my system i kant check right now anyway cuz i dun even hav an OS so please help p s I've also tried removing all USB all i left there were my Keyboard mouse NOT USB and monitor

A:screen turns black during XP Installation

Try taking out your graphics card, if your xp disc is SP1 try SP2.
The 34 minutes is the installing devices section.
Its the graphics card it is detecting..it may now be dead..or you can try using the onboard gfx just to pass installation..

Try another card/onboard and clean the agp slot with compressed air.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-turns-black-during-xp-installation-288043.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey Tech Support Guy's users,

Yesterday, I got back to my house, and went on the computer for a short while, then while looking on the internet, my Inspiron 1525's screen died on me. Not only my main screen, but also my other monitors as well, saying there was no signal. I was assuming that it is a dying Video Card, but I wanted to have more insight regarding my question. Is my fear correct, or it is the drivers? I haven't updated my drivers since 4 months ago, so I doubt it is my drivers.

Any who, if you need more information from me, please ask away and I will respond as quickly as possible.

-Tempbid

P.s. I wasn't do sure if I was suppose to put it on Hardware or Window 7 section. Felt like, it could be a window 7 error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-turns-black-randomly.1015215/
Relevancy 81.27%

Ok so im trying to help my friend with her broken computer She got hit with the avsoft virus It took me a while but I finally got malwarebytes on her system and had to rename the exe in order to get it to run in safemode and it seemed to have worked pretty well i then wanted to boot it in normal mode and run a full scan to make sure we got everything Anyway we were experimenting with it is Computer on, but turns screen BLACK! for whatever reason i guess malware removal had us feeling brave and we unhooked her monitor and plugged her desktop computer via the monitor cord into my laptop i know that you can plug a monitor into a laptop and use that instead of the laptop screen so we wanted to see if it would work with the desktop instead of the monitor You know like use my laptop as the monitor and keyboard I went into the my laptops nvidia control panel and messed around with some of the settings All of a sudden my laptop screen went Computer turns on, but screen is BLACK! black I just rebooted and my laptop was fine but when we plugged her monitor back into her desktop and rebooted it would not reboot correctly The lights on the computer would turn on you can hear it is running the Computer turns on, but screen is BLACK! fans are running it makes one beep just like a normal startup the screen displays a logo not the windows logo an everex logo for a few seconds and then some text comes up like normally and looks like it proceeds to load but it flies by so quick you cant read it and then nothing A big black blank screen Some things I have already tried At first I thought i messed something up so i tried plugging her desktop back into my laptop and messed with the nvidia settings again but to no avail I tried booting in all the safemode settings it acts like its loading and then nothing it just stops I tried hitting f to get into the recovery console nothing just takes me to the black screen I tried opening the desktop resitting the RAM taking the CMOS battery out and resetting the bios I went into the bios and set it to its safe factory defaults and then tried the optimal defaults still nothing Did i somehow fry her graphics card or something Or maybe is it possible that malware bytes deleted some sort of system file any suggestions Her system is running windows XP SP gb RAM PC G motherboard Award BIOS and Im pretty sure her video card is onboard the motherboard Im not sure about her processor I cant exactly get in to check either Also i was no sure where to post this so if im in the wrong thread please direct me where i might get more help answers nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all This is my first post here so please excuse me if I have created this thread in the wrong place For quite some time perhaps about two-three months my screen has been flickering and turning black at random times Sometimes my screen will be fine for a few days in a row and then it might flicker for a few minutes and eventually just turn black Usually what I do and turns Screen flickers black is turn it off and on a few times and eventually it returns normal The thing is I know it is still turned on because my music player will still operate and it is a lighter shade of black meaning I can still faintly see what was on my screen Further I initially thought it was an issue related to my charger being wrecked Screen flickers and turns black but I have since replaced this and the problem persists My guess is that it is some sort of virus which I am basing on my quick reading of some other websites where others have reported similar problems I m really not a tech whiz so does anyone have any suggestions Any input will be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Screen flickers and turns black

I'm not very well versed in this area, but it does sound like a case of a faulty monitor since your programs run as per normal during those flickers.. You might wish to post more details on your specs and age of your hardware.
Have you tried replacing the monitor for testing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-flickers-and-turns-black.115345/
Relevancy 81.27%

the screen would be black and all I can see is the mouse arrow on screen.at first i thought it was normal but today it took to long so i did some research in my ipod and some solutions that didn't work like ,reinstalling my drive i also tryed safe mode and it work just fine but i don't know what is the problem . Also i have 12 important update to do maybe thats the problem? do i need a new pc?

A:when i turn on my pc the screen turns black.

Did this problem just start? Did it occur after installing some Windows Updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341811-when-i-turn-my-pc-screen-turns-black.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi, recently i have this problem, a few minutes into a game, my screen turns black, saying it's going to energy save mode as if i have turned off the pc, and i keep hearing the game's sound but it's stuck as well. the computer is stuck i can't get back to the desktop in any way and i have to push the reset button on the computer. it happens every time.

A:Screen turns black and pc gets stuck

anybody?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-turns-black-and-pc-gets-stuck.950769/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi First of all I do not have an antivirus software installed in my computer that is why I am pretty sure there is something wrong going in my laptop I am working with windows xp Service Pack Here is the problem my laptop sometimes Shuts down without asking Not in the sense that it shows you the shutdown window No I just see suddenly my laptop out of electricity and the screen turns to dark I have a Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware installed in my pc and it has twice gave me a trojan a alert But I do not remeber the name of the trojan because it is not appearing anymore Another thing is when I try to visit antvirus websites most of them do not open for me I do not know if the virus or the trojan is that smart to know that My internet conncetion usually gets slow I am feeling really frustrated because when I am in the middle of something important the secreen suddenly turns to black Also when I want to use Ctrl Alt Delete I get the following error message Task Manage has been disabled by your administrator Any help would be appreciated Below is the content of the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by x xp at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Webroot Internet Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Updated E C F- CCA- - -BDBC AD FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled - A - DD-BADD-A CABCDEAE FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet tme srv exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices black! screen to suddenly My turns SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet TMEPROP exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings x xp Desktop dds EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ae uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyServer proxy emirates net ae uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Real Madrid News Toolbar dd f- - - c - f - c program files real madrid news tbReal dllBHO My screen suddenly turns to black! C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e... Read more

A:My screen suddenly turns to black!

Please, close this thread as I am going to seek a help from another forumThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297770/my-screen-suddenly-turns-to-black/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and whenever i right click on desktop the screen turns black.
Check out video for more details(The video is in windows 8.1 but the problem is the same and still persists). Please help me!
Thanks in advance.

A:Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

Hi first of all how long has windows 10 been installed before the problem happened.
What had you done before it happened like what sites or anything had you been on
if you can give us as much information as possible it will let us help you more.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/23088-right-click-turns-screen-black.html
Relevancy 81.27%

A friend asked me to look at her Toshiba Satellite L455 Laptop. Apparently her dog chewed the power cord while her daughter was playing on it. The computer shut down. I replaced the motherboard thinking that was it and that didnt help. I replaced the screen inverter and the backlight and neither of them worked. The computer does turn on but the screen is black.. What could be the problem? If I replace the screen would that work?

A:Computer turns on but screen is black

hi,.is the screen totally black or is a flashing curser showing, will it boot into safe mode?. how many sticks of ram is installed, remove one then try startup, try different sticks in different slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-screen-is-black.1120034/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi!
I was using my laptop earlier and the screen went black! I reboot it and the screen flashes to normal for a second and goes blank again! I know it's running because it powers on normally and even the little tone is played before logging on screen comes up! Please help! Its a toshiba windows vista!
Thanks heaps!
Shay

A:Computer turns on, but black screen :(

Inverters and bad backlights can be hard to diagnose without just replacing the parts but it sounds as one or the other is out/going out.
If you check these out yourself, good luck. Laptops are a bear and unless you've done a few, a repair shop may be best.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-black-screen.1059254/
Relevancy 81.27%

My tower is a hp envy 750 the problem is when I turn it on it starts normal but when it continues the screen just turns black but the tower is still on

Relevancy 81.27%

I have a HP pavillion 17-g121, i bought it in March in Walmart and it's refurbished. When i use it to play games, or watch movies there's no problem. But when i'm barely using it goes to a black screen and stays there untill i press the power buttom.  It happens most of the times when i'm reading something or using word.I don't know how to fix it and it's really anoying. The screen turns black, but ir doesn't turn off, it's like there no image, but still the light is on (idk if it's well written, im from argentina)Please i need help, i cant return it because im not in the country. I've already looked for virus and malwares, installed drivers and updates, and checked for hardware issues with the hp support assistant and with the UEFI programme  thank you!

A:hp 17 g121 screen turns black

Hi @hp17g121,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the screen going blank. I will be glad to help you. Please follow all the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) document. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-17-g121-screen-turns-black/td-p/5694968
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, at first I thought this might be virus related. I went through with help from Howard_Hopkinso, and removed all virus' and malware. But my problem persists.

I have an Alienware Area 51 m7700, 120 Gig HD, 3 Gig memory, 3.8 GHz Pentium 4 HT duo processor. NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra.

What happens is when i try and playing a source game for little while the screen goes black, sound skips, but the laptop still runs. Also happens when i click on certain internet links.

I assume that i need updated drivers, which i did. but that didn't work either.

I am lost, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Screen Turns Black, but computer still on

Try doing a system restore... If this doesn't work, you will have to wipe the laptop's hard drive and do a fresh install of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-black-but-computer-still-on.86721/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone.  I'm attempting to help diagnose my sister-n-laws HP 15 laptop.  I've searched high and low for an answer but all I'm finding is people with different types of "3 beeps".  They either have 3 "short" beeps or 1 short with 2 long or something like that.  I can't find ANYTHING with 3 long beeps.  It does 3 long beeps twice and then nothing.  I can hear the hard drive spinning too. No HP or BIOS documentation ever mentions anything about 3 long beeps either.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/3-Long-beeps-3-LED-blins-on-Caps-Lock-key-w-black-screen/td-p/5705010
Relevancy 80.84%

for the last several months I have had a problem with my screen going black and the tower beeping. Started after I installed update for Nvidia(hope that is right). Restored to a point before update was installed and have not re-installed the update. Seemed to help for a while. Then screen started going black and tower beeping at first when computer was idle but now while we are using it. Took it to computer repair guy who said had viruses and cleaned it up. Was good for about a week then same thing happened again. Took it back to computer guy and he said he couldn't find anything wrong. Now it is getting worse and happening more frequently. Also sometimes explorer stops responding and won't restart, control, alt, delete doesn't do anything. Can anybody help with this before I throw computer in garbage?

A:vista home premium-screen goes black and tower beeps.

I would install the most current driver from Nvidia's support site

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251889/vista-home-premium-screen-goes-black-and-tower-beeps/
Relevancy 80.84%

I built a pc last black screen, [SOLVED] lockups on beeps long startup, year and i've had many problems the latest problem came along when i changed pc case and installed a new PSU When i turned it on all i got was long repeating beeps and the monitor wouldnt turn on After hundreds reboots crashing switching off restarting it finally booted and worked normally Ive had it again perhaps once after then [SOLVED] long beeps on startup, black screen, lockups and now im getting it again Ive noticed this happens when i change remove add a piece of hardware or just switch the psu off for a while which is odd Last night i heard my psu [SOLVED] long beeps on startup, black screen, lockups had a slight buzz which has happened before with no problems turning it off at the back thinking it would disturb my sleep i just switched it off at the back I got back from school today and switched it on and im stuck with the deeps from hell again I switch it on i get the beeps i have to hold the power for seconds to crash it I can push restart this leaves me with either the beeps again or no beeps at all with the system still on I then managed to get it to load up windows after [SOLVED] long beeps on startup, black screen, lockups mins it just froze couldnt do anything i had to hold power for seconds again turned it on again and the beeps were back tried again loaded mins lockup after the repeating process of beeps it loaded to the winfast logo at boot stopped there tried again loaded windows and i took the chance to back some things up I then ran CHKDSK and that worked Then i went into hardrive properties and tools and told it to check the disk on the next restart restarted it the blue screen with the checking came up It got to stage at around and the screen went black into a standby mode Restarted it Beeps were back having looked at the internet for an explanation of these beeps i find that repeating long beeps can mean a memory failure so i changed the slot my RAM was in and its loaded and not frozen yet but i have a feeling it will again soon and im scared to restart it Any assistance would be most appreciated im really stuck for ideas here and i need to get it sorted Thankyou for taking time in reading Kindest regards Will

A:[SOLVED] long beeps on startup, black screen, lockups

Beep codes vary depending on the BIOS that is installed. Beep codes in general mean either a main componant such as processor, motherboard, ram or video card are defective or not pushed in to the slots completely.

For this issue reat all circuit cards in motherboard. If beeps continue than remove all ram except one card and boot. If the beeps are gone than you can use that ram slot for process of elimination to test each memory module.
If all memory cards work in slot 1 than try one memory stick in each slot while leaving the other slots empty to determine which memory slot is bad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-long-beeps-on-startup-black-screen-lockups-376033.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello This is going to be my first post on this forum and i am not sure if I am posting on the right place if so feel free to delete it or move it where it belongs So here is the problem A few days mouse power to keyboard and (no no screen signal), no Black beeps, ago I connected my PC to my fathers TV Everything was working fine until I decided to change the resolution After I changed it I did not get blank screen instantly like you normally do if the resolution is not supported by the TV which is not but I found out that later Then I restarted the computer and I got quot no signal quot on the TV fans were spinning hdd was spinning my sound card glowing and no power to my keyboard or mouse I have no beeps too Black screen (no signal), no beeps, no power to mouse and keyboard but I can't say for sure because I noticed I don't have an iternal speaker Things I have done so far -Reset the CMOS -test the ram and videocard on another computer both working perfectly fine -use different cables -use different monitor that does not support that aspect ratio either and end up getting the same result -remove the GPU and plug the HDMI cable on my mobo instead same result -remove the CPU power pin to see if something different happens Yes it does fans spin for like seconds and then the PC turns off -plug and unplug HDD and SSD I can test with my brothers CPU but I will have to wait to get my thermal paste delivered to me system specs custom build OS Windows bit with bblean as default shell MOBO Asrock b m pro PSU corsair w CPU i - GPU R X XFX RAM corsair vengeance pro - - - - MHZ SSD OS is on it samsung EVO HDD WD sata blue gb SD card Asus xonar phoebus solo Note IIRC I had semi problem with this monitor before which I fixed by using my default monitor which I don't have access to ATM however I think my mouse and keyboard did power up but I am not sure at all

A:Black screen (no signal), no beeps, no power to mouse and keyboard

some boards have internal speakers now. if you ever had beeps, you know that something failed.
and switching resolutions was not the cause
besides keyboard the hdd indicator on the case might give you an idea wether windows is booting and you do have a display problem.
i'ts a good idea to take the mobo out of the case, try to get mobo+ram+gpu to work. short-circuit power on pins on the mobo with eg a screwdriver to power on.
other than that, you can only swap parts until stuff works again. ram and gpu were smart starting points. i recommend PSU next. mobo is possible, cpu failure very unlikely. 1 in 10.000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377068-black-screen-no-signal-no-beeps-no-power-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello,
I purchased a brand new 15z ultrabook dell inspiron laptop 2-3years ago and only used the laptop for college and have taken really good care of it.
Yesterday, my computer wouldn't go past the dell logo screen because it was fixing the caches.
Today, i turn my laptop on and its fullu black screen with 3 beeps. I have tried resetting the laptop already.
Just very frustrated i pay 1 thousand bucks for a laptop and it dies so easily. Never will buy another Dell.
Can anyone help me resolve this problem?
Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988475
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone.  I'm attempting to help diagnose my sister-n-laws HP 15 laptop.  I've searched high and low for an answer but all I'm finding is people with different types of "3 beeps".  They either have 3 "short" beeps or 1 short with 2 long or something like that.  I can't find ANYTHING with 3 long beeps.  It does 3 long beeps twice and then nothing.  I can hear the hard drive spinning too. No HP or BIOS documentation ever mentions anything about 3 long beeps either.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on with this thing? I'm saying "3 beeps" but there's a total of 9.  However, these 9 are segmented into 3 definite sets.  It's 3 long beeps then a pause for 2-3 seconds then 3 long beeps, pause, 3 long beeps.  Total of 9 beeps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/3-Long-beeps-3-LED-blinks-on-Caps-Lock-key-w-black-screen/td-p/5705010
Relevancy 80.41%

I've checked to see that the hard drive is spinning and it is. the hdd access light flashes.i have not checked the ram yes since it's a laptop and difficult to get to. but i'm pretty sure that's not the issue. since from what i've listened to it sounds like it goes through post then sits the fro about thirty seconds probly asking if i want to start windows in safe mode normal. when i just sit there after about that much time has past the cpu fans start going again a little faster and i can here that it's accessing the hard drive but since i can' see anything it's hard to tell if that's true. i'm thinking that it's a bad graphics card but i'm not sure.

A:Solved: Black screen when computer turns on

ok so the problem is that sometimes you can see the picture and sometimes you can't see it. i don't know what causes that but that's what happens. i got it working again. but after it went to sleep the screen never came back on. would that mean that there is something wrong with one of the windows files? i know one of them is the one used to bring the computer back from sleep mode. it's running windows vista. maybe this isn't a hardware issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-when-computer-turns-on.1006171/
Relevancy 80.41%

My laptop from time to time will just shut down the screen to a black screen, I can still hear things running in the background, example a game will be playing but nothing on screen. I have to push the button to shut the whole computer down and restart, could it be the screen going, or is there a fix for this, Thank you so much,

A:Screen turns black while everything still runs in background

Hi @rparks315, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. You stated you have the  G72 - 866US , did you mean the  G72 - B66US?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I understand that while playing games your screen will go blank or black but the processes are still running in the background. To regain access, you must restart the notebook.Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant?  If you connect an external monitor, do you have the same issue? Here are links I think may help: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes When Playing a Game,   HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 8, 7) and HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7).Please let me know the outcome. Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the "Thumbs Up" below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-turns-black-while-everything-still-runs-in-background/td-p/5600823
Relevancy 80.41%

every hour or five minute my laptop turns black and freezes and i have to restart it to make it work again .
i made the steps that the help here said and I attached my PC file information .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382723-laptop-freezes-screen-turns-black.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My operating system is VistaStarter SP1, I am using a built in graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with max. memory of 313MB. This problem occurs when I play a game called "Special Force Online" and when I maximize spider solitaire... how mysterious. It also shows in the Nvidia Control Panel. Just view the attachment or link for the sample image. hope this problem will be solved so I can avoid reinstalling my OS. Its so painful...Here's the image sample:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227724/screen-turns-black-and-white-and-smaller/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all My faithful desktop of years has started pushing up daisies I was playing GTA when the monitor lost connection to the computer and turns black, off Screen then shuts computer I had to restart When I started back up the message that appears after a Screen turns black, then computer shuts off bluescreen popped up This started happening more and more frequently whenever I started Screen turns black, then computer shuts off any game then sometimes when I d just have Firefox open then about half the time I tried to start up the computer it d happen at the login screen I did a Malwarebytes scan a few days before this started happening and it turned up clean and I haven t changed the hardware in years I tried updating my video card drivers to no avail The weird thing is how inconistent it is--I was able to play GTA Screen turns black, then computer shuts off for several hours last night then it happened again Sometimes it automatically restarts sometimes it doesn t Sometimes the power light flashes Sometimes it makes me go through Startup Repair which never finds anything I have no idea what could be causing this BlueScreenView says it s a graphics driver about half the time but not all the time Memtest said the RAM was fine Any advice would be greatly appreciated I can post SysInfo results and the minidump files if they d help I m on my laptop right now because the system in question is really unreliable Thanks in advance Specs Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - k GB DDR RAM EVGA GTX ASRock X Extreme nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello everyone I'm new here and I want to start by saying I have minimal experience with my computer I just built it yesterday using a YouTube video to guide me so when replying with an answer don't hesitate to ask obvious questions I built my gaming computer yesterday and it turned on I installed Windows and everything was working fine However just a while ago I took out one of the smaller cables that goes into the CD drive not the one that supplies power but the other one and connected it to my hard drive because I only had two of those cables and one was going into my SSD I wanted my computer to detect both hard drives so I went into the BIOS and I saw that it acknowledged both hard drives and then I clicked save and reset Unfortunately the new problem is my monitor won't display anything It was working fine and all I a but Computer screen my on, black turns has monitor did was change the smaller cable from the CD drive to the hard drive and now my monitor won't display The cables going into the SSD and the HDD are both connected into the SATA ports on my motherboard and they both are also connected to my power supply I have checked to see if it was Computer turns on, but my monitor has a black screen the monitor by some unlucky chance and it is working fine I plugged it into another computer using the same power outlets so it's not the outlets either My computer turns on and I hear no beeps or anything and my screen does not display quot no input quot or anything like that it simply has a black screen the monitor is on and connected with an HDMI cable which I used to connect it to my laptop to test to see if it works Computer turns on, but my monitor has a black screen I also have a VGA cable that I connected when the computer would turn on and it too works for display but does not work when I'm trying to boot it right now I also have connected my mouse which has LED lights and it would show the lights upon power up but now the mouse is not lighting up anymore when connected to the USB port in the back but it is connected to my laptop and it works What could be the problem Do I need to replace anything Help would be appreciated greatly

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129631-computer-turns-but-my-monitor-has-black-screen.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm running windows xp professional. I boot up my computer and it shows the windows loading page and then when the desktop should appear, instead the screen goes black and my monitor reads "no PC signal", as if the PC is not connected to the monitor. But that cannot be the case because it showed the windows loading screen on the monitor.
This problem keeps occuring now. It was working perfectly fine up to today. I booted the computer up in safe mode which worked fine, and re-installed the latest nvidia geforce 7300 se graphics card driver. I then rebooted in normal mode and the problem still occured where the screen is black and says "no PC signal." I don't know what to do now, i tried a new vga cable already, but that didn't fix it.
anybody else run into this problem and solve it?
help!

Relevancy 80.41%

I've read around and tried the following:

Alt+F4

removing the battery with the power cord unplugged and holding the power down for 20-30 secs (reset BIOS?) then put the power cord back in and tried to turn it on.

Just turning it off and on a few times(I guess it could be stuck in sleed mode?)

I tried to light up the screen with a flashlight to see if the LED went out but screen was still black.

It's a toshiba satellite sli1

Thoughts on other things I can try?

(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)

A:Laptop turns on but screen black. I've tried a few things.

"(the issue happened...after my cat puked on the laptop(keyboard part)"...

If there is dried cat vomit near one of the top hinges, there's a small micro switch that senses that the top cover is closed. If this switch is damaged, it will give you the black LCD screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-but-screen-black-ive-tried-a-few-things.171202/
Relevancy 80.41%

my desktop screen goes black blank all of a sudden like and loops black turns sound Screen it Screen turns black and sound loops s in sleep mode the power doesn t actually turn off at any point and there s nothing i can do to turn it back on except use the power button on the tower if there is sound at the moment of the crash then it just loops rapidly again and again to infinity i first dusted the tower and thought that was it since there was a huge amount of dust inside and after doing it worked fine for almost days when it started Screen turns black and sound loops doing the same thing again the fastest it crashes is when Screen turns black and sound loops i tried to play WoW only a few minutes and play youtube videos min my graphics card is a geforce mb and i ve had it for about a year worked fine all this time when i took it out last time it was really hot i m not sure how hot it s supposed to be but it burned my fingers more or less i have the same system and components i play the same games and run the same apps as i did before when it was working well i am not sure if i had any crashes of this sort in the past but i believe it did happen once or twice over at least a year i don t play and high end graph games or anything that needs a better card i use vista on a intel quad with gb do you think it s the graphics card or something else what can i do to find out Thanks for help nbsp

A:Screen turns black and sound loops

"i'm not sure how hot it's supposed to be but it burned my fingers more or less"...
Replace the video card, but first check the fan on it if it has one. Make sure it is running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-black-and-sound-loops.172213/
Relevancy 80.41%

i can see the screen being illuminated but i cant see anything, i hear windows starting up and everything... what could it be?

A:Screen turns on but stays completely black

If it's a laptop then the LCD lamp could be working but there's something else wrong with the LCD.

Can you see the bios screens and info right before the Windows starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-on-but-stays-completely-black.177851/
Relevancy 80.41%

Got the computer from a family member I tried fixing it for them first and I thought it was the video card so I tried a different one and still nothing So it was turns stays computer screen on black but unplugged and stored for months then they just computer turns on but screen stays black gave it to me Well I took it home and started messing with it turned it on a cple of computer turns on but screen stays black times nothing Moved wires around put different psu in nothing put it back to normal it started right up powered screen up I got into windows but it had a lot of lag so I went to restart it so I could do a fresh install and screen shut off note when it wasn't working before this point the cpu fan ran at full rpm when turned on but slowed down when it worked this first time I turned it on and off cple times nothing unplugged psuand back in it worked enough to reinstall windows and went to restart nothing When plugged my speakers in to see if it beeps it started up Its toying with me restarted it again nothing so next try I pushed on the cpu thinking the mobo was bad it started up and woked for a cple restarts and quit I tightened The mobo screws down to the case and worked for awhile and then started acting up on restart It will turn on once after it sits awhile unplugged with the bios battery out I'm confused bad bios or the mobo I have unplugged all things that aren't needed for start up different hd with same effect Only thing I haven't tried yet is the ram I'm at work and will mess with it more later Its a compaq presario or w e amd ght proc two mb ram sticks a mobo I can give full specs when I get home

A:computer turns on but screen stays black

The PSU was probably bad, replacing it should have fixed it. There may be bad caps on the motherboard or something is grounding on the MOBO to the case and causing it to not boot. Take everything apart. Take Heat Sync off of processor and apply Thermal Paste. Take MOBO out of case and check to see if there are any burn marks, bad caps, or if there are any risers missing off the case keeping the MOBO from touching the case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turns-on-but-screen-stays-black-596745.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I need Urgent help please I have Windows Vista Home Premium x on a Gateway laptop Whenever my recharger is plugged in to my laptop and I try to use black Laptop repeatedly. turns screen my laptop the screen goes very dark you can still sort of see but its really Laptop screen turns black repeatedly. dark to even work with the laptop This happens about - seconds after I open my laptop s screen In order to get rid of the darkness I close the laptop s screen reopen it and - seconds later the screen goes black again When I do not have my recharger plugged in this problem won t happen I also tried System Restore which failed However when I go on Safe Mode the problem does not occur even with the recharger plugged in By closing the laptop screen I mean taking the head idk whats its called and putting it down and picking the head back up I really appreciate the help guys I really need to get my laptop working again For any other information about the laptop required please ask Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

i was transhering a file to my psp and then my computer froze so i waited about 5 mins and still nothing i hit alt+ctrl+delete and i click log out... then i went to log back in it brong me to a black screen only with a mouse nothing else so i waited an other 5 mins nothing so i hit the power boutten and still it says welcome then it goes to a black screen but please some one help me ( i was thinking that it was my video card (redean 9800pro) so i took that out and put in a redean 9700pro but it didnt do anything just like it was be for ) so some one plesa help me.....

A:my vista screen turns black with only mouse

Welcome to the Vista BSOP (Black Screen of Procrastination)
I don't have anything to share except your pain. I am in a very similar situation. Will be monitoring this thread for any progress you make.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/128151-my-vista-screen-turns-black-only-mouse.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I turns screen Laptop black repeatedly. need Urgent help please I have Windows Vista Home Premium x on a Gateway laptop Whenever my recharger is plugged in to my laptop and I try to use my laptop the screen goes very dark you can still sort of see but its really dark to even work with the laptop This happens about - seconds after I open my laptop's screen In order to get rid of the darkness I close the laptop's screen reopen it Laptop screen turns black repeatedly. and - seconds later the screen goes black again When I do not have my recharger plugged in this problem won't happen I also tried System Restore which failed However when I go on Safe Mode the problem does not occur even with the recharger plugged in By closing the laptop screen I mean taking the head idk whats its called and putting it down Laptop screen turns black repeatedly. and picking the head back up I really appreciate the help guys I really need to get my laptop working again For any other information about the laptop required please ask Thanks

A:Laptop screen turns black repeatedly.

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
With your troubles I think it would be appropriate for one of our BSOD experts to deal with this request.
Please be patient.
Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288467-laptop-screen-turns-black-repeatedly.html
Relevancy 80.41%

whenever i play a game approximately mins- hr later both horizontal and vertical purple lines show up on my screen the game is still visible though after about mins of the purple lines which get worse every minute the screen flickers and turns black continuously after approximately mins of this the screen turns black altogether when i try alt tab the screen stays black but i know it s worked Black(When Flickers Turns Screen Gaming) Then because i hear the sound that the messages my friends have left me on msn this has been happening for the past few days one game does work oblivion and my friend gave me this on a disk some other games which have the above problem are frozen throne fable- the lost chapters and soldier front frozen throne and warcraft are iso files and i thought that that might ve been the problem but soldier front is a free online game and it also has the problem could it be a problem with my graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Resolution by by any help will be really appreciated THANKS in advance nbsp

A:Screen Flickers Then Turns Black(When Gaming)

Possibly a heat issue. Have you cleaned out the inside of your system recently?
Try installing something like Speedfan (free download, easy to find via Google) and have that running. Then you can monitor your CPU, GPU etc temperatures.

Also, ensure all your drivers are up to date.

No guarantees this is the problem but anything that is fairly quick, free and easy is worth a shot first of all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickers-then-turns-black-when-gaming.780103/