Windows Support Forum

Changing my jack back to a microphone

Q: Changing my jack back to a microphone

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing my jack back to a microphone

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello

ive been facing a weird problem, when i connect my microphone to the mic jack (the pink one) in the back of my computer, the audio software (i recently installed VIA Audio HD) sees it as it was connected to the line in jack ( the blue one). Also i dont have any front panel jacks, but the system thinks that i have them connected. as in the screenshot:

the line in device set as default is in fact the microphone attached to the mic jack.

anyway, when i uninstall the driver and run the windows troubleshooter, the mic starts working fine, but the audio jacks isnt recognized, just the hdmi ports from my GPU.

im using an Phitronics H55-m motherboard.

any suggestions please?

A:Microphone rear jack recognized as line in jack

In Control Panel/Sounds highlight Line IN and right click it and if you have the choice, uncheck Set As Default.
Now click the Configuration button Then Test.
You can also highlight the Microphone and do the same.
In the Via Control panel you can go to Expert Mode and disable the Front Panel. You can also click on each front panel port in the software and disable it or set it to default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microphone-rear-jack-recognized-as-line-in-jack-979498.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I am using a Tiny Media Notebook PIII, 700, Windows 98 SE. The computer is about four years old, and by now the headphone jack, which I use as my sound out port, is about fryed. The contacts have deteriated, and I can not replace the jack, as it is connected to the motherboard. Thus, aside from opting for a usb sound out, such as taking up the Soundblaster MP3+ option, I was wondering if I could reprogram the way in which sound is connected to external devices such as headphones. There are three jacks on the front of my computer: the headphone jack, the microphone jack and er I think it is a line out jack - the later jack which I have never used. Is there anyway I can swop/substitute the connection via the headphone jack say for the microphone jack or line out jack. Is there anyway I could do this?

A:Substituting the headphone jack with the microphone jack

No, afraid not. Each jack has it's own circuitry which provides for the needed resistance and other parameters. What you could do, if you got to the mobo itself, is to physically replace the jack but that's a major pain on a laptop.

You can try two things, one is to use alcohol and a Q-Tip to thoroughly clean the jack, then use a small bit of steel wool to sand inside with and then again with the alcohol and two, if the jack's worn too big for a tight connection, is to go to Radio Shack and buy a plug in adapter for that size jack. Some come with a slightly oversized male end and then you could plug into the female end and have a tight connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/substituting-the-headphone-jack-with-the-microphone-jack.279341/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys! I want to output sound both through the headphone jack on the front of my case and the sound jack at the back of the computer, how would i do this? I looked around in the sound setttings and the realtek audo and couldn't find anything.

A:How do i output sound through the back panel jack and the front jack

Some RealTek HD Audio Managers have an option to either mute the speakers when a headset is plugged in or like what you want, do not mute the speakers.

On mine, click on Device Advanced Settings and it brings up another screen with the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/298776-how-do-i-output-sound-through-back-panel-jack-front-jack.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I run vista ultimate on a Toshiba Satellite A205, and frequently record audio into my 1/8" microphone jack on the front of my laptop from an amplifier using audacity. This usually works perfectly fine, but the other day, audacity stopped recording audio input even though the setup of both the hardware and the software hadn't changed. Even though no sound is coming into the computer, the input meters in both audacity and control panel are maxed out as if they were receiving a really loud signal. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing is working. Please help, I really need to be able to record on my computer. I have attached a screenshot of what my control panel looks like, for reference.

Thanks!
PS- No, nothing is muted, and the drivers are updated.

Relevancy 58.48%

I run vista ultimate on a Toshiba Satellite A205, and frequently record audio into my 1/8" microphone jack on the front of my laptop from an amplifier using audacity. This usually works perfectly fine, but the other day, audacity stopped recording audio input even though the setup of both the hardware and the software hadn't changed. Even though no sound is coming into the computer, the input meters in both audacity and control panel are maxed out as if they were receiving a really loud signal. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing is working. Please help, I really need to be able to use this method of input. I have attached a screenshot of what my control panel looks like, for reference.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-jack-not-working.746428/
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought a brand new Acer ATI radeon HD graphics Amd phenom x quad-core processor gb ddr memory gb sata hard drive super multi drive ------------------------------------ On my old computer I've used cool edit to record songs and such Call me crazy but I thought buying a new computer I could still use that program The problem is I cannot use my microphone or my guitar both requiring an adapter plug to put in the computer Jack Not working Microphone/Guitar I have Microphone/Guitar Jack Not working a RealTek soundcard and the newest drivers installed After looking through pages and pages of people with mic problems I still could not find one with my unique situation I have a few questions I've managed to Microphone/Guitar Jack Not working get some sound out of my mic but only from one side or channel my left ear That was from pluggin the mic in red jack in the back of my comp how can i get it so it will come out of both right AND left maybe this computer won't recognize this microphone since it wasn't really designed for the computer if so why on earth would my old computer recognize it That's the thing too My computer has no problem recognizing the mic or guitar Says it's working actually lol sadly i actually truly laughed out loud I'm just getting tired and am in desperate need of answers Any suggestions or questions would be much appreciated I'm too tired to go into more detail with what i've done trying to solve this heh Thanks for reading -Adam

A:Microphone/Guitar Jack Not working

Hi, depp_x, and welcome to the forums.

I noticed you said you got *some* sound using the jack in the back - assuming the red is a light red, I beleive that is the line in jack - and thus the sound would be (naturally) low level as it is used for line in.

Now, are you using the front panel jacks? Another poster here went around and around in circles trying to figure out why he could not get the mic working- and it came down to a small setting in the RealTek drivers - disabling the Automatic jack detection on the front panel.

See if this helps you.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/171167-microphone-guitar-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a headset set with a mic. It has 3.5mm plugs for the mic and the speakers. Just recently they stopped working together. What I mean is if I have either one of them plugged in, that one works. If I have both plugged in, the sound manager appears as if neither of them are plugged in. I've tried other headphones with the jacks and get the same result. I've tried reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore and using CCleaner to clean my registry. I've also messed around with just about every setting in the audio manager. Anyone have any ideas? It's odd that they work independently, which leads me to believe that the insertion detection is working just fine.

I have a Toshiba Satellite R845-S95 with Windows 7.

A:Headphone and Microphone Jack won't Work Together

Turn off the insertion detection on realtek. Top-right corner somewhere, from memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-and-microphone-jack-wont-work-together.199662/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I m at my wit s end with this microphone problem Okay so I have a Creative SB Audigy sound card that I installed myself didn t come with the computer that works- as far as I can tell- just fine Sound is exactly the same as ever The problem is that my computer doesn t seem to register mics anymore- not through the jack in the audio card nor anywhere else Is it possible for a single jack to fail Or is there something in the software somewhere that s quot turned it off quot I mean in the volume control sections there s always a spot to turn on the mic Whenever I hit that I hear an increase in white noise static but I never hear anything else like the jack being plugged in or the sound of my breathing through my mic Anyways I d love some pointers with this I m frankly at a loss for what to do -edit- pfft silly me I should probably add that I added the card like a year or two ago and the mic jack register doesn't jack Microphone worked fine right up until prolly six months ago

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359563/microphone-jack-doesnt-register/
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought a Presario C700 mainly to record my vinyl albums not realizing it doesn't have a line-in jack.Can I safely use the microphone jack to connect to either the line-out or 'phone jack on my hi-fi? I'd prefer not to have to buy an external soundcard with line-in device as they are about $100. Laptop has a Conexant soundcard. Any suggestions for the easiest(idiot-proof) software would be greatly appreciated-I've looked at Audacity,Spin It Again,Polderbits et.al & am getting more & more confused.
Any help greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: Recording thru' microphone jack

You might be able to use the Line out of your stereo system to record through the mic input on the laptop. There are two issues though.

1) The microphone input is most likely monophonic and you will no be able to record in stereo. You will need a suitable adapter cable to mix the two line outputs to the single mic input.

2) The line output may have too high of a signal level and cause distortion even if you turn the mic input level down on the computer. I believe that Radio Shack used to sell in line attenuators to cut the volume. Not sure if they still do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recording-thru-microphone-jack.728782/
Relevancy 58.05%

I got a brand new computer and my headphones and microphone jacks isn't working.Instead, when I plug my headphones in PC it plays music. But it dosen't 'detect it' nor microphone.
I tried reinstalling my audio driver but it dosen't really work.
Help please.
Thank you.

A:Headphones and microphone jack on new PC not working

Catzzye said:

Headphones and microphone jack on new PC not workingClick to expand...

Return it for a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-and-microphone-jack-on-new-pc-not-working.1149970/
Relevancy 58.05%

All sounds only go through the built-in speakers... even when I plug in an earphone, nothing changes and sounds continue to play through the speaker.
I've tried uninstalling IDT High Definition Audio Codec and Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI (since they are the only drivers I found on Device manager) but nothing changed.
All my drivers are already updated and I don't know any other issues about this. I've read somewhere to make the Independent Headphones as the 'Default Device' (in the Playback Devices) but it's not working, I couldn't change it, it can just be changed to 'Default Communications Device'. (Do you guys think that is a problem?)

By the way, I have Compaq Presario CQ40-551TU, Windows 7 - 32 bit. I badly need your help, guys.. I've already read a looooot of forums that has somewhat the same issue, but to no avail. Please help..

A:Microphone/Earphone jack not working

Is this a problem that NEVER worked or a recent problem? If it NEVER worked, I would suspect a PC hardware problem, since there is an extra contact in the headphone jack that controls the sensing and switching.

Do you have any other IDT audio panel, in the Control Panel/Hardware and sounds? If you do check that for possible configuration issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/307726-microphone-earphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

This is a HP 6720s notebook and it seems the microphone connector plug might be broken.
I tested the microphone on 2 different computers and it's working fine on those.
The headphone connector (which is next to the microphone connector on this notebook), is working all OK so I don't think it's just a driver problem.
This computer was disassembled (then reassembled) by a computer technician for internal cleaning, maybe he forgot to reconnect it or something... I'm not sure. (I'm mainly into desktop computers but I'm not afraid to take a look inside to see if I can fix it )
So my question is, what can be the problem? I'm only guessing. We could also try software tricks as I don't think this technician would have messed it up on purpose but who knows, maybe he just forgot about that connector.
So... where should we begin diagnosing this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

A:Microphone jack connector not working

Just a shot in the dark here......... have you been to device manager to check for missing/outdated drivers?

Conversely have you tried a system restore to a point before the cleaning? Assuming it worked before that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300686-microphone-jack-connector-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an HP Pavillion entertainment Laptop dv9700. I got a virus taken off my computer a few months ago but to take the virus off the computer place I took it took had to wipe my computer and then put all my data back. Since then I've had two frustrating problems:

1. When I plug my headphones into the headphone jack, the sound still plays from the regular speakers and I don't hear any sound in the headphones (I've already tried suing a different pair of headphones and that didn't help).

2. My microphone (which came pre-installed on the computer) doesn't work.

PLEASE help me. I'm taking a plane on Friday and REALLY need my computer to keep me sane during my layover. Thanks!!

A:Headphone jack/microphone not working

Realtek
Go here, on the right side is a link for HD Audio Codec Driver. Download and install latest driver. Ask if you need help to do that.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281173-headphone-jack-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone, hope this doesnt sound to much like a noob question but here goes. I have just had to reformat my pc because of some little darlings dumping some nasty little devils into it But have it all up and running now with no troubles except for this. The microphone jack in the front of my machine no longer seems to excist It worked before the reformat but not now. When i go to sound and recording properties it only shows the mic jack at the rear of my machine. Anyone got any ideas where i went wrong.
Thanks
Steve

Oh its a Dell pc running vista home premium.

A:Front microphone jack not working

What is your sound card name? If it is Realtek on recent pc, try to change Front Panel Inputs > HD Audio to AC'97 on the bios settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-microphone-jack-not-working.754784/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey So I ve been using my brother s old AHS- i headset primarily for Skype It was working completely fine no static or anything Out of nowhere it stopped recording any audio and when I raise the microphone level and microphone 3.5 not working? suddenly mm jack boost I get a loud static Tried with another headset of mine the Logitech Clearchat Premium and have the same problem Note that audio 3.5 mm jack microphone suddenly not working? playback works perfectly fine through the front speaker headphone jack But the microphone jacks I tried the rear ports again 3.5 mm jack microphone suddenly not working? speaker jack works but not mic aren t working now I m running Windows Home -bit on my HP Pavilion a n Something possibly notable is that when I upgraded video cards about a year ago now it caused my audio to completely not work After several driver installation attempts I got it working with a particular Realtek HD 3.5 mm jack microphone suddenly not working? Audio Driver although I can t recall the exact name My video card is a PCI-E MSI n gt which has an hdmi output which could possibly cause an issue I also remember having this problem with my microphone before but I don t have the slightest idea what I did in the previous occasions My microphone is set to the default device but it s not recording Help Thanks Matt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-5-mm-jack-microphone-suddenly-not-working.956634/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have  a headset I'd like to plug in, it has a better microphone but I don't see a jack for microphones, just for headsets. Is there a jack or how can I use my external microfphone

A:i don't see a jack for an external microphone - hp notebook ...

Hi, You do not have this option as mentioned in its manual (page #17 for the jack on the left hand side - ie headphones jack): Produces sound when connected to optional powered stereo speakers, headphones, earbuds, a headset, or television audio. Also connects an optional headset microphone.NOTE: This jack does not support optional microphoneonly devices. You can find more info from the following manual:   http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03328663.pdf Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/i-don-t-see-a-jack-for-an-external-microphone-hp-notebook/td-p/1804967
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I have 2 questions: 1) Which connector type is required for HP Pavilion x360 13-a200nw Standard              Tip                  Ring 1                 Ring 2               SleeveOMTP                    Left Audio                Right Audio             Microphone               GroundCTIA /AHJ             Left Audio                Right Audio             Ground                       Microphone 2) What is the voltage required by the microphone?Kind regards, Greg

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/4-pin-3-5-mm-jack-diagram-and-microphone-voltage/td-p/5634302
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Asus - s56c-xx234H laptop which have an combo audio/mic jack

My headset have two, and when i don't have a splitter/combiner i wan't to use the internal mic.

But hwne headset connected, i can't use the internal mic,
When i disconnet headset, internal mic works.

I know i can both, as it have worked before.

I searching the internet for a solution, and iahev looked both in the windows recording device and in realtex HD audio configurator, but can't seem to find any setting which will chose internal mic????

I of course running WIndos 8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-problem-on-laptop-with-combo-jack.1104518/
Relevancy 57.19%

My audio out jack broke and a worker at a pc repair shop said it couldn't be fixed, I have 2 jacks on my laptop Audio out and Microphone what I'm wondering is, is there any way I could switch these around so I could use headphones again without having to buy anything? Speakers are IDT High def audio CODEC. please help

A:Microphone audio out jack broke how can I swap it with mic

Welcome to the forum you dont give model of laptop. If its just a mono microphone it only has 2 wires speakers need 4 wires for stereo on a lot of pcs if its realtek sound you can swap ports from the control panel to another port. Your only other way is to get and use blue tooth phones if you have blue tooth

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128642-microphone-audio-out-jack-broke-how-can-i-swap-mic.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The microphone jack no longer recognizes the headset microphones that I connect. I have tried with 2 headsets. Headphones are working fine.In RealTek HD Audio configuration, advanced settings, I have set the audio sources to be split instead of combined. It makes no difference if I select combined. This was working before. Laptop Y50-70

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Microphone-jack-no-longer-working/td-p/3467562
Relevancy 57.19%

Anyone knows if the microphone/headset combo jack on ThinkPad P50 is a TRRS jack (Tip/Ring/Ring/Sleeve)? What I tried to do is to connect ThinkPad P50 with iPhone 6 so that one side's output is the other side's input.  So I can record the audio. From my research, iPhone's jack is TRRS spec.  I can easily find TRRS splitter on eBay, for example, here's a splitter with female plugs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/371299679312 If ThinkPad P50 is using the same TRRS spec, I can just buy another TRRS splitter with male plugs. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Microphone-headset-combo-jack-spec/td-p/3437299
Relevancy 57.19%

hello, problem with using the microphone jack on new compaq laptop.using xp media edition 2002 service pack 2. picking up a lot of noise from somewhere.: noise is there even when mic is unpluged???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-noise-when-recording-thru-microphone-jack.565485/
Relevancy 57.19%

My laptop only with Microphone combo jack working audio not has one combo audio microphone jack and I can't get the microphone to work at all I just bought a new headset that came with an audio microphone splitter specifically for the purpose of using it on this laptop While the output works fine the Microphone not working with combo audio jack microphone input is absolutely ignored I am Microphone not working with combo audio jack positive this is an audio microphone splitter and not just an audio splitter as it has rings on the end of it indicating that it is compatible with using a microphone and one of the input jacks even has a microphone icon Microphone not working with combo audio jack on it Realtek Settings are nowhere to be found in Control Panel and I couldn't seem to find anything in the system sound settings that would help me either I've already spent money on this new headset so as you can imagine I'm pretty frustrated that this is not working and I really really don't want to spend any more money Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Microphone not working with combo audio jack

Does anyone have a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/21046-microphone-not-working-combo-audio-jack.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just bought a HP Pavilion n- sa laptop It Microphone Headphone Combo Jack & Audio comes with a single mm port which is used for both audio out and line in nbsp The laptop will work fine when outputting sound through the jack and a pair of headphones However when i try to use the same port as a line in to record sound from an Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack external device i am having some problems I am trying to connect my mixer to the laptop using a standard lead red amp white one end and mm jack on the other nbsp At first I was not getting any nbsp change whatsoever under the Recording tab in Sound settings It just says 'not plugged in' under the microphone After doing some research I found that the lead I was using a section plug would not work and that was the reason there was no change when i plugged it in nbsp I bought a section plug amp eureka the laptop recognised the lead amp showed this on the Recording tab I thought my problem was sorted but this was not the case at all nbsp As soon as I plug the red amp white end of the lead into the output on the mixer the laptop screen displays the 'not plugged in' message again as though I have unplugged the lead at the mm jack end nbsp This makes no sense to me whatsoever How can it recognise the lead is plugged in with no problems but then go back to not recognising it as soon as the other end is plugged into an external output nbsp Surely there must be a way of rectifying this as currently its impossible to record any sound on the laptop from an external device in this case my mixer nbsp The main reason I bought this laptop is so I can record the mixes I do It is literally of no use to me with this problem I had no issues with this on my old laptop as it had separate mm jacks for input amp output nbsp Please can someone advise me of a way around this problem nbsp Kind regards Dave

A:Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack

Hi dave_holmes, Welcome to the HP Forums! I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand you are trying to connect your mixer to the notebook. After connecting  the appropriate adapter  it was showing correctly. Once you connected the mixer it disappeared. Here is a link to YouTube, which has  a selection of videos on connecting a mixer to a notebook or laptop, that may assist you.YouTube /connect mixer to laptop As it was seen correctly before you connected the mixer, the notebook is working correctly. You will need to contact the manufacturer of the mixer for instructions on connecting it to a notebook with one input/output port. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-amp-Microphone-Combo-Audio-Jack/td-p/3846640
Relevancy 57.19%

I was wondering if I could direct my microphone input strait to my headphone jack so the sound input could be heard on headphones. Also, could I disable the feature that turns off my built-in speakers when I plug in headphones. I have a hp pavilion dv9000 with vista installed. any help?

A:Solved: microphone to headphone jack and speakers

I use an external mixer for this kind of thing- that way I can not only use the headphones to monitor the inputs, but my mixer allows me to select one input among many while not disturbing the mix.

Even an inexpensive mixer will have multiple mic or high level inputs and many will have the ability to add reverb or other effects. They can also feed one or more computers for recording (and/or backup of main recording).

letchworth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microphone-to-headphone-jack-and-speakers.936822/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey first of all just saying that I m new to this site I think it s really cool though that theres a tech support site that actually has a lot of people on Anyway I own a a a microphone port... headphone jack splitter in Using Dell Dimension Using a headphone jack splitter in a microphone port... Desktop A Gateway Dont know Using a headphone jack splitter in a microphone port... what brand laptop and my friend has a Mac dont know the brand Anyway me and my friend are doing a radio show for school and we need microphones I have USB headsets and we could use those except that we can only use one at a time or else they override eachother and that doesnt work well We also each have those little mics that come with the computer but we still dont have a way to use both at the same time We were wondering though is there any way to use a splitter like that of a headphone jack for a CD player to split the input of a microphone port Also I notice that with my USB headsets i get quot white noise quot aka static in the backround when I am not talking and fainter when I am talking Will I not get the white noise with a regular mic as opposed Using a headphone jack splitter in a microphone port... to a USB mic Please if anyone knows the answer reply Thanks nbsp

A:Using a headphone jack splitter in a microphone port...

You can't connect two microphones like two sets of headphones. You'll need some sort of mixer. If you have an electronic mic that has a high enough signal level, you could put on into the Line-In jack, and the other into the Mic jack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-headphone-jack-splitter-in-a-microphone-port.339091/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello, I'd like to know how to enable my front microphone/headphone entrance (the green and pink ones) on Windows 7

Thanks =)

A:How do I enable my front microphone and headphone jack with Windows 7?

The front panel should automatically be enabled, providing the cable for the front panel audio is connected to the motherboard, and you are using the correct sound driver. I assume you have Realtek as I used to have a P8Z77 LE Plus motherboard and it had Realtek on board audio.

On many PC cases there are two connections available for front panel audio, "HD Audio" and "AC 97". The HD Audio is preferred as it as some jack sensing functions that the older AC97 does not have.

I looked at the Realtek HD Audio Manager on my system and there is no option to enable or disable the front panel jacks. There is an option to mute or not mute the speakers when a headset is plugged in but that's all.

Even if you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed High Definition Audio drivers installed instead of the correct hardware drivers you should still get front panel headphone operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392876-how-do-i-enable-my-front-microphone-headphone-jack-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Loaded all software updates followed all the instructions and still would not record from external mic Finally found the problem The imput jack on the laptop is a piece of junk and does not work How I found this out was while plugging in the four pin connector I noticed the mic icon flash so I slowly removed the four pin connector and the external mic started to work However as soon as I let go of the four in ? microphone External 15-j160no envy Hp headphone jack on pin connector it fell out External microphone in headphone jack on Hp envy 15-j160no ? and would not stay in the imput jack All the way in would not work half way in works but wil not stay in place So how do I get this repaired nbsp nbsp I now have a workaround for this Got a USB mic and the software recognized it However after doing some more web searches to solve the output input jack problem I found that this is not just a HP thing Seems other manufactures such as Dell are just as bad This does not excuse Hp of using a crappy part probably just to save a few pennies

A:External microphone in headphone jack on Hp envy 15-j160no ?

Hi there @Harley5560,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the Forum. From what I understand you are trying to use a Headset with a Microphone built in and you are not getting results from the microphone portion. I read that you updated your last post to say that you purchased a USB microphone and that is working for your flawlessly.  Here is a document I found called Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8).   If you were to look at your HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC and HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide, it says "Connects optional powered stereo speakers, headphones, earbuds, a headset, or a television audio cable. Also connects an optional headset microphone. This jack does not support optional microphone-only devices". NOTE: Be sure that the device cable has a 4- conductor connector that supports both audio-out (headphone) and audio-in (microphone). Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thank you! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/External-microphone-in-headphone-jack-on-Hp-envy-15-j160no/td-p/5596088
Relevancy 56.76%

Well, I used my microphone on my laptop once to call a friend on Skype. Everything worked fine, even with my headphones plugged into the audio jack. But the day after, I try and do the same but my microphone isn't even working. After lots of frustration and trial and error, I find that it's the headphones being plugged into the audio jack that's causing this. Does anyone know how to fix this? Something simple, right? I use my headphones when I'm calling anyone. I don't want anyone to hear and I hate headsets with a burning passion. They make my head hurt, so is there any way to fix this? Thanks (:

A:Microphone Doesn't Work When Headphones are in Audio Jack

Try refreshing the audio. Go to the device manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the RealTek HD audio, then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the audio. This fixes any Windows/Audio corruption and many other problems. If you are lucky it will take care of your problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61614-microphone-doesnt-work-when-headphones-audio-jack.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all firstly apologies for any headaches caused however until I buy a capture card I'm recording gameplay through a camera the quality to my surprise isn't bad either However picking up the audio Inputting line Headphone audio and Microphone the in into jack requires me to turn up the TV volume quite a lot and also the mic on my headset to dB boost in Control Panel gt Sound gt Recording As you can imagine audio is average Inputting Microphone and Headphone audio into the line in jack at best So a cheap solution I thought would be to buy something like this but I'm not entirely sure it'll work mm Male to Dual Female Plug Jack Stereo Audio Headset Mic Y Splitter Cables eBay The plan is to basically plug my headsets microphone jack to the red pink one which will input the audio from that but for the green Plug in a male to male audio jack one of these which I already have From my TV to the green one But I'm not sure if the green is for inputting or outputting audio So here's where it gets even more complicated If the above will work or you can link me to something that does what I'm wanting I want to actually listen to the TV audio through my headsets headphones A simple solution here would be to tick quot Listen to this Device quot in Control Panel gt Sound gt Recording however that also means listening to my voice as well which I find very offputting So because my headset is like this headphone jack microphone jack I was wondering if this layout would work excuse the very quickly thrown together illustration So what's happening in the image is TV headphones port gt headphone to headphones splitter gt gt Headset' headphone jack in one gt gt male to male headphone jack in the other gt headphone port on the splitter lt laptops microphone jack in one headphone port on the splitter lt Headset' Microphone jack in the other Really hope this is possible or someone can think of a similar simpler way Also I realize there may be some degraded quality over all of this equipment but hopefully not too much Thanks in advance

A:Inputting Microphone and Headphone audio into the line in jack

You cannot attach mismatched impedance devices directly to the PC. Some motherboards will re-task the jack based on the device plugged in and others will go up in smoke or simply turn off the jack.

I'm not a game player but isn't there software that will capture game play?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/379368-inputting-microphone-headphone-audio-into-line-jack.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Does the "audio combo jack" on the Lenovo G710 conform to the CTIA or the OMTP standard? That is, is it left/right/gnd/mic or left/right/mic/gnd? And why is this information so hard to find?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G710-Headphone-microphone-combo-jack/td-p/3327799
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I am in desperate need of help,
I have recently upgraded my computer to windows 8 and since doing so the built in microphone has stopped working on my computer but it was working before when I search for the device it just comes up with its not plugged in! I am really confused on how to solve this problem. I have tried everything I can think of so some help would be very grateful please.
Many Thanks
Cassie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rear-3-5mm-jack-microphone-not-working-on-compaq-cq70-laptop.192472/
Relevancy 55.9%

Downloaded a driver from acer.com and now my microphone jack dont work. I uninstalled it and now the microphone jack works but now the headphone jack doesn't work. Whenever I uninstall/install something either the headphone or the microphone jack stops working.
i have an Acer Aspire 7750z.
I use beats solo hd 2 on the microphone jack. Before I tried downloaded a driver both microphone and headphone jack were working fine.

A:Downloaded a driver from acer and now my microphone jack dont work

What "driver" did you download? A sound driver or some other driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/353346-downloaded-driver-acer-now-my-microphone-jack-dont-work.html
Relevancy 55.9%

How do I disable the automatic detection for my speaker output jack?

Once in a while when I change jacks on for my headphones / desktop speakers, the speaker jack "Fails to detect" the change.

WTF is that? I do not want some lame windows crap trying to since when I have something plugged in or not, ESPECIALLY if its not going to wokr.

ESPECIALLY if its going to lock itself from working when it fails to detect.

if I plug the cable in, I do not want windows checking and disableing.

A:How To disable that Microphone jack detection system, broken joke.

well, i tried to "re"find the thread that showed me what to change in the registry editor, to disable the auto detect function.

I searched google a few more times and could not find it. but searching something with "Speaker jack auto detection disable windows 7" , somewhere I found how to disable the option in the registery.

I havent reset my computer yet, but id imagine it disabled. so probably solved.

I couldnt find the answer the first few times I checked google. so I posted.
then I found it.
now I cant find it again, to repost the answer. X_x. so if anyone finds it.
post it i guess ^ ^

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208638-how-disable-microphone-jack-detection-system-broken-joke.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All Since early this morning my Earthink home page has changed to another Earthlink page by a page that says Earthlink and then quot Earthlink outage quot something to Jack.(page keeps changing) Hi that effect I figured it was something technical with them and spoke to Earthlink x today and each time they can t seem to fix it Did all the necessary stuff deleting files cookies etc ran all spyware programs and even did a system restore The only thing I DID do - thats new was I did install the windows NEW critical updates So when Hi Jack.(page keeps changing) all else fails I turn to you guys Something does look like it s NOT supposed to be in my log local host haven t seen that before Have I been hijacked THanks Helene Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c PROGRA Hi Jack.(page keeps changing) mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator PropelAC exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess FastLane IPClient exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Documents and Settings Helene Leavitt Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Pop-Up Blocker - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run Propel Accelerator C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess Accelerator PropelAC exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run E TaskPanel quot C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe qu... Read more

A:Hi Jack.(page keeps changing)

Hi All.. Sorry to post again.. But nobody responded yesterday.. to my original post.. So I still want to make sure things are okay.

I was able to get my Earthlink page back.. But I had to do it.. using a different page.. Its in the new log now. and I just want to know.. if things look okay.. Every time, I start my computer.. I get "Someone is trying to change your homepage".. etc.. etc..

I have it set.. as support.Earthlink.net.. and that seems to be okay..

So, if someone can just double check, and see if anything has 'done any damage'. or I should eliminate anything.. I'd sure appreciate its.
Thanks so much
Helene

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:32:05 AM, on 2/13/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Accelerator\PropelAC.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\TaskPanl.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\FastLane\IPClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Helene Leavitt\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie/button/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie/button/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://support.earthlink.net/start/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://start.earthlink.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie/button/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:8080
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: EarthLink Popup Blocker - {4B5F2E08-6F39-479a-B547-B2026E4C7EDF} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Pop-Up Blocker - {D7F30B62-8269-41AF-9539-B2697FA7D77E} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe"... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-jack-page-keeps-changing.203143/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-jack-headset-properties.169190/
Relevancy 53.75%

Mappings are saved in the following location quot HKEY Jack reassignments FIX ) Changing HD ( Realtek output LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E C-E - CE-BFC - BE Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) Settings DevType SS b or ending in Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) DevType SS quot Pin quot Rear Green-Coded quot FR FL quot jack quot Pin quot Rear black-coded quot RR RL quot jack quot Pin quot Center Subwoofer quot Pin quot Mic-In quot quot Mic-in quot quot headphones quot quot Front speakers quot quot Rear speakers quot quot Center subwoofer quot quot Side speakers Example if i want quot Pin quot rear black-coded quot RR RL quot jack to be front speakers all i have to do is Pin - Atleast now i can change the ports by editing the Pin binary numbers If you can't change jack output assignment this will fix it oh and it sounds great i turned my Center Subwoofer to front speaker out put so my rears are stereo just like my fronts and not speaker filled rubbish

A:Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX )

Repped & Sitckified

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2197-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-fix.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Mappings are saved in the following location Jack ) HD Realtek output reassignments FIX Changing ( quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E C-E - CE-BFC - BE Settings DevType SS b or ending in DevType SS quot Pin quot Rear Green-Coded quot FR FL quot jack quot Pin quot Rear black-coded quot RR RL quot jack quot Pin quot Center Subwoofer quot Pin quot Mic-In quot quot Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) Mic-in quot quot headphones quot quot Front speakers quot quot Rear speakers quot quot Center subwoofer quot quot Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) Side speakers Example if i want quot Pin quot rear black-coded quot RR RL quot jack to be front speakers all i have to do is Pin - Atleast now i can change the ports by editing the Pin binary numbers If you can't change jack output assignment this will fix it oh and it sounds great i turned my Center Subwoofer to front speaker out put so my rears are stereo just like my fronts and not speaker filled rubbish

A:Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX )

Had this problem with my Realtek as well (one of the jacks were broken)
This reassignment worked fine for me, with the exception that the registry entries wouldn't show up.

I am pretty sure they finally showed up after unplugging and replugging the jacks, and rebooting, then I could reassign and reboot for full audio.

This is the best solution I can find ANYWHERE I'd hate to see this knowledge disappear into some archive.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/204385-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-fix.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've seen other threads on Jack output Changing Laptop Realtek HD reassignments this but they show a different layout than my laptop does I don't have the Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments Laptop orange black Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments Laptop green etc rear outputs my probelm should be super simple i just have jacks pink for Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments Laptop mic and green for headphones front jacks I don't have that automatic Realtek pop up audio jack reassignment for some reason like my desktop does If I did I would just say that I'm plugging in headphones to the mic input But for some reason this new laptop doesn't do that Basically I just want to change the pink mic jack to be another audio OUTPUT so that the mic in now shows in quot playback devices quot instead of under quot recording devices quot I have found the place where the registry keys are for reassigning the audio jacks the problem is when I change the registry key that points to the mic pink front jack realtek changes it back to it's previous state after restart Other threads say quot Pin quot Front Mic-In front pink This does not seem to be true in my case They are different possibly because I only have the jacks My front pink mic in seems to be quot pin quot I can change quot pin quot to whatever binary value i want and then when I restart Realtek changes it back to binary value quot quot What am I doing wrong Do I have to uninstall the realtek driver update the binary values and then reinstall the realtek drivers What am I missing I have attatched an image of my registry key setup for this laptop I'm almost positive that pin is the mic jack and pin is the headphone jack My Realtek driver version is for Windows - bit I'm using this laptop for djing in days in Lake Powell so obviously I need some quick help I need audio outputs for my headphones and one for the attached speakers The speakers are working fine but I cannot connect headphones That's a problem for a dj All of you computer gurus out there please help I'm out of time here Thanks Scott

A:Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments Laptop

My understanding is the input and output of those jacks are controlled by the motherboard if that's there location,(wired to) or the video card if that is the location,(wired to).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247927-realtek-hd-changing-jack-output-reassignments-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there,

I have an Asus G 50vt, a few days ago I had it hooked up to a stereo system and tripped on the wire connected to the Audio jack. The Headphone jack now has half of the head stuck inside and I was unable to remove it.

I am wondering if there is a way to reassign the headphone output to the Line in or Mic in jacks?
[/B]
Any help would be appreciated

A:Changing Audio Jack output (from headphone to Mic in/line in)

I know you can do that, I have seen it with some creative programs, im not too sure if your asus will do that, but I think the easiest option is to get that headphone jack out. you'd be surprised how easy it can be once you open your laptop up. another option (i would think - but try last) would be to get some super glue (only a little bit) and try to stick something to that headphone output to pull it out. - i was about to suggest soldering something, but dont worry about that, small amount of superglue might be the way to go alternatively buying an external sound card might be an option $20US

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261204-changing-audio-jack-output-headphone-mic-line.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My microphone generates a steadily rising noise when I do not speak into it for several seconds. When I do speak, it is perfectly clear and quiet, however a few seconds of silence and the noise begins again.
Help would be appreciated.

A:Odd sound issue: changing microphone noise

is the mic onboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/odd-sound-issue-changing-microphone-noise-572304.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
I've got a slight problem.

In the front panel i've got 2 ports, 1 for audio and 1 for microphone. However, only the audio port is working (detecting that i've put in the plug for headphones, for i.e), but it cannot detect my microphone (the microphone plug is of course already plugged in).

Then in the back panel i've got 2 more ports, 1 for audio and 1 for microphone. But the back panel is reversed, as i can only seem to detect my microphone there, but not the audio.

So i'm left chosing between microphone or audio.

What might be the problem?
And how may i fix it?

A:Changing default ports for audio/microphone

Check the audio configuration in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound panel. On the Playback panel, your "Speakers" should be set as the default Playback device. On the Recording Tab, depending on your sound card, you may have two microphones, one for the front and one for the rear. You may also have "System Mixer" as an option too. Selecting the System Mixer (SoundBlaster calls it "what you hear") may also work.

If this doesn't fix the problems, it could be the drivers (and you need Win7 or at a minimum for some devices Vista drivers) need reinstalling or simply uninstalling your sound in the Device Manager and then restarting the PC will take care of it.

To recycle the sound device, Hold the Windows key down and press the Pause/Break Key. In the panel that comes up, the Device Manager can be accessed from the list in the upper left of the panel. In the Device Manger, RIGHT click on the entry for your sound device (to highlight it) and then LEFT click on "uninstall" (DO NOT uninstall the driver). Restart the PC and when Windows starts it should detect and reinstall the sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/57940-changing-default-ports-audio-microphone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Whenever you make video call on skype with friends your microphone volume just automatically changes by itself i will turn it up all the way to 80/100 and it always ends up going down to 20/100 and then your friends won't hear you.i also faced this kind of problem so here is an easy solution.

When you using Skype or MSN
Go to your Webcam and Mic/Audio setup and uncheck the box where it says to automatically adjust mic volume.
and your problem would be solved take care hope you like it.

A:Your built in microphone volume keeps changing itself on skype

Hello Niaz,

Here are some other solutions, as well.

http://community.skype.com/t5/forums...rophone+volume+

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/320961-your-built-microphone-volume-keeps-changing-itself-skype.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Basically,title says it all.When I go to headphone prospeties,I only see the front Jack,not the one in the back.I think I need drivers but Im not familiar with this kind of stuff

A:Jack in from of the PC screwd,The back ones dont work

Hello

Try going to start/right click on my computer/properties/device manager and in there should be the audio details, right click on it and update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jack-in-from-of-the-pc-screwd-the-back-ones-dont-work.1036195/
Relevancy 52.03%

Setting up 10 school computers in one classroom--all the same. Mike won't record through the jack in back of the computer (Pink) but works fine in the pink jack in front. Is there any correction so that all wires can be plugged into the back of the computer?

A:mike won't work in back jack, ok in front???

IT is possible that with the ports working on the front of the computer, the audio porst on the back have been disabled so the front ports will work. THis usually requires the jumpers for the sound ports be put back to the way the factory set them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mike-wont-work-in-back-jack-ok-in-front.490595/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Guys,

Ive got a problem where the mic is only picked up once it is unplugged and plugged back in again. Ive updated the drivers and put a splitter in the mic jack to try and stop the socket from wearing down. The problem is I have to remove the splitter and plug that back in for it to pick it up now. Its an
Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 PCI-E Onboard Audio ATX Motherboard running onboard sound with realtek drivers.

Any help would be great
Tony

A:mic only picked up once jack removed/plugged back in

Looks like I have found the problem on this one. There were multiple input devices and the mic was not set as the default. This was why I was having to remove the jack and put it back in again. Once mic was set as default it works fine every time without having to remove the jack

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/218875-mic-only-picked-up-once-jack-removed-plugged-back.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my microphone is giving me a shrill feedback how can i stop it? and microphone sounds like im in a barrel. how can I fix it?I have an aspire 15 model laptop. thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:microphone feed back

right click on speaker icon near clock and datechoose recording deviceshighlight Microphoneclick on configure on the bottom leftchoose Setup microphone or right click on speaker icon near clock and datechoose recording devicesright click on microphone and choose propertiesclick on Custom tabuntick monitoringclick on Apply 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/microphone-feed-back/td-p/370590/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

I connected the output of my synthesizer to the microphone jack of my laptop. It is not picking up anything signals. I know that there is a difference between the microphone and "line-in," yet I remember that someone was talking about more noises produced when using the microphone jack than line-in. It makes me think that then either one of them would work. The only difference is one making more noise than the other.

So.... my laptop only has a microphone and a headphone jacks. Is there an alternative to make it work?

Thanks

A:Solved: microphone jack not the same as "Line-in" connecting to a synth?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microphone-jack-not-the-same-as-line-in-connecting-to-a-synth.931203/
Relevancy 50.74%

Title basically says it all,what do I have to do?

A:Front Jack is broken,The back one isn't shown in Audio Prospeties.

Fill in your "my system specs" and give us more info than "it doesn't work".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/208348-front-jack-broken-back-one-isnt-shown-audio-prospeties.html
Relevancy 50.31%

To make a voice over, for example. I thought I might playback a file over the speakers with say Winamp, whilst recording on the microphone with MS SoundRecorder. This doesn't work.

Can anyone explain this please? Can anyone suggest how I could do this? I thought I saw a post in the archives where someone did it.

Thanks.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Gigabyte ma770t-ud3p board and My headphones and stuff were working fine until my realtek kept asking me if i was plugging things in even when i wasnt, now my rear sound ports dont work and my microphone ports wont work either, When i went into the Realtek jack information the plug for the front and back microphone port is lit up.

A:Help, no rear sound or microphone front or back!

Go ahead and install the latest realtek drivers for your sound card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/31187-help-no-rear-sound-microphone-front-back.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The front microphone 3.5 jack lists as "currently unavailable". It worked fine with Nuance Naturally Speaking version 11 (Vista Pro) until I installed Windows 7 Home Premium. The rear works fine for a desk mike; it does not work with the headset. I can get by with this, but I'd prefer to use the headset. I teach on the graduate level and need to write some new lectures this summer. I've gone through every testing device I can find in the Control Panel. It states that this device is working but the mike input does NOT work with either the headset or the desk mike (an older Radio Shack with one AA battery). Any ideas how to find the apparent conflict? Devices listed is IDT high definition CODEC. Any suggestions?
Roy

A:Front microphone 3.5 jack "currently unavailable"

Try going to start/control panel/sound.
Click the recording tab.
If the mic is listed,right click it and click enable.
The click the mic and click the properties button.
Check the different tabs and set levels,mic boost if needed
and other settings.
May get it running.
You may need to click view and select large or small icons
to display all options in the control panel first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-microphone-3-5-jack-currently-unavailable.1005810/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently built a PC using a XFX nforce 790i ultra motherboard, with an onboard realtek sound card.

I have the latest audio drivers, however the onboard sound card outputs all audio through the microphone jack, with added interference. The headphone jack that the sound is supposed to come through, stays silent.

Am I going to have to resort to buying a sound card, or is there some alternative?

I'm running vista 32-bit.

Thanks

A:Sound card outputs sound through the microphone jack

solved: I'd plugged the front speaker/mic into the wrong part of the motherboard. Rereading the motherboard manual showed me the correct socket.

severe case of user error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-outputs-sound-through-the-microphone-jack.746384/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday everything was fine Today I or work on Microphone do front back not panel inputs woke up and I had Microphone inputs do not work on back or front panel this issue The headset I use comes with mm cables that need to be put into both the audio output jack and the microphone input jack The audio output works fine however the microphone input jack does not pick up my voice or anything These are my volume settings - Recording Tab - Playback Tab Everything looks fine there and everything is plugged in fine I have the latest RealTek drivers installed and my motherboard is the ASUS Z -K I checked the BIOS settings and everything seemed fine it was set on HD audio and was the same before this issue randomly occurred Would really like help solving this as it is so frustrating not being able to use my mic Also I have tested the mic on other computers and it works fine so clearly something is wrong either with the hardware or software on my PC Also this PC is quite new maybe a month so far Also I have windows bit installed Thank you in advance

A:Microphone inputs do not work on back or front panel

Either a System Restore back to when it was working or a Refresh of the Realtek will probably take care of it.

To "Refresh" the sound, go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the Realtek sound. Then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NO uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound.

We have a separate forum for Windows 8/8.1.
Windows 8 Forums

Also, how to post screenshots on this and the Windows 8 forums.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/376716-microphone-inputs-do-not-work-back-front-panel.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday everything was fine Today I woke up and I had this issue The headset I use comes with mm cables that need to be put into both the audio output jack and the microphone input jack The audio output works fine however the microphone input jack does not pick up my voice or anything These are my volume settings Everything looks fine there and everything is plugged in fine I have the latest RealTek drivers installed and my motherboard is the ASUS Z -K I checked the BIOS settings and everything seemed fine it was set on HD audio and was the same before this issue randomly occurred Would really like help inputs front not do or back panel on work Microphone solving this as it is so frustrating not being able to use my mic Also I have tested the mic on other computers and it works fine so clearly something is wrong either with the hardware or software on my PC Also this PC is quite new maybe a month so far Also I have windows bit installed Thank you in advance

A:Microphone inputs do not work on back or front panel

Did you do the "Refresh" as I suggested on the Win 7 forum?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/69209-microphone-inputs-do-not-work-back-front-panel.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have to unplug and plug in my microphone before my computer recognizes it. My drivers are up to date.

A:PC doesn't see Microphone untill its unpluged & pluged back in

Quote: Originally Posted by mc1548

I have to unplug and plug in my microphone before my computer recognizes it. My drivers are up to date.

and?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/163026-pc-doesnt-see-microphone-untill-its-unpluged-pluged-back.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This is happening on my Windows 7 system. Any ideas?

A:Microphone in, sound gone, Microphone out, sound back

I'd say your sound card driver is not set to the correct duplex setting. Go to the "Sound" icon in the Control Panel, and see if you can set your sound card to "stereo" mix or such. Hard to say exactly what it's called because it's different for all cards and drivers. You just need to find the option for "dual" or "stereo" duplex settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-in-sound-gone-microphone-out-sound-back.1037631/
Relevancy 48.59%

how do i do it

A:changing from ie9 back to ie8

Hello Erick,

You can uninstall IE9 to go back to IE8. The tutorial below can help show you how to if needed.

Internet Explorer 9 - Uninstall

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/120616-changing-ie9-back-ie8.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I was wondering how to do this

A:Changing Win 8 back to Win 7

Really need to post more than six words.  This is not a search engine, it is a forum.  For the short answer, you would need the Windows 7 SP1 DVD, you would also have to turn of Secure boot, UEFI in the bios of the machine, before Windows 7 will even install.

You would also have to make sure that you have the drivers for your machine available on a USB stick, in case Windows 7 does not find the system drivers when it loads.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519151/changing-win-8-back-to-win-7/
Relevancy 48.16%

The newest Nvidia drivers don't seem stable. After setting the resolution to 1024 X 768, it will change back to 800 X 600 after a reboot but not every time. I change it to 1024 & it goes back after a while. Any ideas? I didn't find anything on Nvidia's site.

A:Resolution keeps changing back

I don't think it's the drivers fault. More than likely a program is changing the resolutin settings in the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-keeps-changing-back.138296/
Relevancy 48.16%

Last month you helped me get rid of mega crap on my laptop , but one of the programs changed my clock and calendar to military time (no biggie) and the European date format. How do I change it back to the US format? It really messes up invoices and other dated documents in programs that I use.

A:Changing my clock back

Wow .. I just joined just now .. and this is my first post ..
and I feel I can answer this ..

Double click on your clock in the bottom right ..
go to: Internet Time ..
click on the drop down menu .. and make your change ..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-my-clock-back-196089.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Can this be done and how do you go about it if you can

A:Changing .ISO blu-ray files back into .VOB

If it is a truly standard BluRay disc image, check out BD Rebuilder.

edit: If it's mpeg type HD you can probably take a faster approach than BDRB. But I haven't kept up with the latest changes. If you want near BluRay quality in a standard DVD then BDRB is a good place to start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/305401-changing-iso-blu-ray-files-back-into-vob.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My blue screens are back for reference original thread here http www techsupportforum com f es- html Here's some general information OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system I did a fresh install on a new hard drive so this was the original OS Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from back... BSOD's Changing are retailer I purchased and installed Changing BSOD's are back... the OS myself Age of system hardware Varies I custom-built the computer myself Case motherboard processor memory hard drive were all purchased new in January of this year Video card is older - December Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS The Changing BSOD's are back... OS was installed fresh in January It has never been re-installed CPU gigahertz AMD Phenom II X Video Card ATI Radeon HD MotherBoard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A T-E Rev xx Power Supply - brand amp wattage TR RX W I've had two blue screens within the last hours with a few more recently Basically the story is that I was able to quot fix quot my bluescreens from the previous thread for about a week I figure out a quot fix quot and they go away But time and time again they come back Since that previous thread here are the changes that seemed to make the BSOD go away for awhile Re-install Video Driver Adjust BIOS settings for Memory Voltage found on forums for MB Adjust BIOS settings for Memory Voltage again Adjust BIOS settings for Memory Voltage and a bunch of other settings a third time called mem manf for settings I also re-installed DDO but that didn't make the blue screens go away In fact I managed to blue screen twice while downloading the software and I had uninstalled before re-downloading implying that it wasn't the sole problem Additionally replacing my video card with another did not stop the blue screen crashes Two blue screens last week also were prior to any gameplay or much of anything really One odd symptom is often a browser crash occurs just before the bluescreen but not always Additionally it seems the BSOD frequency increased when I made a copy of the DDO folder though I'm not sure why that would be since I was still getting BSOD without the software installed I'm trying to get MemTest to work as well to check if maybe one of the memory is faulty Thanks for all the help in advance

A:Changing BSOD's are back...

I would think that this is a memory problem, so testing it is a good ideal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/changing-bsods-are-back-489207.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Several months English. back Changing to ago I changed the settings on my laptop a Toshiba Satellite C -S so that I could play a Japanese PC game on it I m now attempting to update my Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family but when I run the file I downloaded from the Toshiba website almost every bit of relevant text is in Japanese In the Changing back to English. English I saw it stated that Changing back to English. the computer would reboot automatically upon successful installation but it has not done so any of the times I ve attempted the update I have a feeling that the text on the last screen is something relevant to this but am unable to decipher it I ve gone through the normal method of Control Panel gt Clock Language and Region gt Region and Language to set the language back to English but that hasn t worked I need to know what further steps I can take to correct the problem As a side note I Changing back to English. don t have the time patience to reinstall Windows I d have to backup all of my files and later reinstall everything I currently have on my laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Changing back to English.

Please make sure your settings are the same of these three pictures I attach

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-back-to-english.1056318/
Relevancy 48.16%

Not sure which section to put this in.. so I went for the OS I currently have.

I have bought a new laptop which is running Vista Basic.. All my other computers in the household run XP Home.. I want to change my laptop to XP but am finding it difficult to say the least. I have tried a straight reformat, but comes up saying that there is no hard drive. The hard drive is partitioned. I have tried to remove the partition, and seems to have done so, but I don't have access to the half that I removed.. But still it says that i have no hard drive... If someone could help me please! I'm going stir crazy!

Thanx

A:Changing From Vista Back To Xp

What make and model laptop do you have? I suspect that the hard drive being missing is due to not having SATA drivers installed - so that's the first thing we'd have to locate.

Installation of XP should be fairly easy - but it's the installation of the hardware drivers that may make or break this project. Most (but not all) hardware manufacturer's offer XP drivers - but finding them is difficult. Once we know the make and model of the laptop, we should be able to point you in the correct direction for drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127911/changing-from-vista-back-to-xp/
Relevancy 47.73%
Relevancy 47.3%

I have changed the drive letters on my two DVD burners and they keep changing back.

I have two SATA DVD burners lettered K and L. I have reversed the drive letters several times in Disk Management and they hold for a while; but, when I attempt to use them again a few days later, I notice the letters are swapped back.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get this problem solved?

A:Drive letter keep changing back

What steps do you go thru to set them in Disk Manager?
No crashes? No system state restores?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-letter-keep-changing-back.682013/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded to the full version on win 7 pro. I installed it on a partition labeled D:\. After reloading my programs and double checking to make sure all work I deleted the partition that had win7 rc on it which was C:\ then expanded my d: partition to regain all my drive space. Now I only have 1 partition which is drive D:\. I want to change the drive letter to C:\ but will it screw up the registry entries for all my files and programs? Can I change D: to C: or should I just leave it.
When I boot up from my win7 install disc and choose the repair option it shows my disk as C: strange??
any ideas?

A:Changing drive letter back to c:\

Just leave it as is...unless you want to start all over again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/21074-changing-drive-letter-back-c.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My date and time keep changing randomly while im on the computer sometimes keeps Time back going keeps and changing date back to Time keeps going back and date keeps changing at first i thought it was my motherboard battery so i replaced it That didnt work and the time still changes while im on my computer I preformed full scans with the following programs Symantec anti-virus Malwarebytes Windows Defender Spybot search and destroy Super Anti Spyware They found some things but they were able to remove everything I changed my timezone back and forth I tried disabling and renabling the automatic internet time through windows And made sure the computer had the daylight savings patch from windows I think theres something else on the computer that is not being picked up by any scan Time keeps going back and date keeps changing Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated below is the HijackThis log THANKS IN ADVANCE Logfile Time keeps going back and date keeps changing of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Autodesk dsMax mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Jill Application Data Color Server Client Tools JRE JRE bin javaw exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WlanUtility exe C Program Files MicroStar WLANUtility WLAN Service exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com me enus R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com me enus R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com me enus R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey ThereI have been having a browser Default Keeps Changing Ie Back Browser To problem and no one in the general forum was able to help me out TJ a group moderator suggested that I bring this problem to the HijackThis team I recently downloaded and installed Mozzila FireFox everything is working fine with FireFox but I noticed that I am unable to Default Browser Keeps Changing Back To Ie set it as my default browser the option comes up everytime if I want it to be my default browser i always click yes but the message comes back everytime I open FireFox some programs such as WordPerfect recognize that FireFox is the Default Browser Keeps Changing Back To Ie default and will open URLs with it others however such as MSN Messenger still use IE Default Browser Keeps Changing Back To Ie I did all of the required steps and here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA AVG avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf ss exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Soulseek slsk exeC Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exeC Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cbc ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell ca mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http fcp sympatico ca fcp aspx lang en at saR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeO - DPF E - E - D - E - E C AE SupportSoft SmartIssue - http www symantec com techsupp asa ctrl tgctlsi cabO - DPF - E - D - E - E C AE SupportSoft Script Runner Class - http www symantec com techsupp asa ctrl tgctlsr cabO - DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B SysProWmi Class - http support dell com systemprofiler SysPro CABO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F F C E- F - BC- D- C FE - http www symantec com techsupp asa ctrl LSSupCtl cabO - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cabO - DPF - E - C-A - B - http ipgweb cce hp com rdqna downloads sysinfo cabO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http spaces msn com PhotoUpload MsnPUpld cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D ... Read more

A:Default Browser Keeps Changing Back To Ie

Hi colinweadick,I don't see any malware in your log but let's try some things using HijackThis and some other deep scanners. tg1911 asked me to look at your other thread that is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=53789&hl=Something fishy that could be malware related is this that you posted in that thread: uninstalling an item called "Internet Explorer Default Browser" from Add/Remove ProgramI've never heard of such a program and the name is so generic I can't get any results in Google to research what it might be. The more you can tell me about what you know about it would be most helpful to both of us. Do you remember when this started happening and when you saw that program in Add/Remove for the first time? Perhaps it happened to appear about the same time you started using BitTornado? I personally don't use bit torrents or other downloaders/file-sharing apps so am not very familiar with them, but on a hunch, it might be that Bit Tornado needs IE as default.You have a few items that aren't malicious except for one bit of grayware, but that can be tidyed up with HJT. Looking over your past threads, I see that you have now uninstalled Norton, so you should have no need for the 016's. It's doubtful that removing them will solve your default browser problem--but with computers and Norton sometimes you just never know.So let's try the following and see what happens and I'll have some other ideas for you later if need be:Scan again with HijackThis 1.99.1. Put a checkmark by the following entries, double-checking to be sure that only these entries are checked:R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =O16 - DPF: {01010E00-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft SmartIssue) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsi.cabO16 - DPF: {01012101-5E80-11D8-9E86-0007E96C65AE} (SupportSoft Script Runner Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/tgctlsr.cabO16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/LSSupCtl.cabO16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ctrl/SymAData.cabO16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cabClose all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and then click the "Fix checked" button.If you don't still have ewido installed please download and install it again. It is a very efective scanner and remover even when the trial runs out and I suggest you keep it in your arsenal.Download and install Ewido Security Suite.When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".- Launch Ewido by double-clicking the desktop icon.- You may get a message that the database could not be found. This is normal-- click the OK button.- The program will now go to the main screen.- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.- Click on Start update.- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.Once the updates are installed close Ewido.If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesReboot your computer into Safe Mode and do the following:Open ewido and click on scannerClick on scannerClick on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**[list]You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save reportClick Save report.Save the report .txt file t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53940/default-browser-keeps-changing-back-to-ie/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK the poltergeist of computers has come back and has crawled back into my laptop once again and things are getting really crazy There's a number of small irritating things going haywire in my laptop so I'm here once again knowing you Keep Back Changing to Default.... Settings Various guys are the ones to help me I'll start with this one problem and move on to the others later In the Control Panel under Mouse I have selected a certain configuration for the Busy icon The default icon is a blue round circle which I really dislike and I have picked the hourglass icon I saved the change but about every th time I open Various Settings Keep Changing Back to Default.... my laptop the icon has changed back to default I realize this isn't an exactly earth-shaking problem but hey the software allows me to quot decorate quot my computer and I like doing it Having the preferences I like is cool and I'd like whatever I choose to stay that way Besides maybe this problem is indicative of some underlying problem that I'm not familiar with so coming here to you gurus of all computer problems just seems like the prudent thing to do All my data on Various Settings Keep Changing Back to Default.... my computers is over there at the side lt lt at My Systems Various Settings Keep Changing Back to Default....

A:Various Settings Keep Changing Back to Default....

Does it happen only after a re-boot? Your "My System" doesn't show your mouse, but if its a Logitech, uncheck KHALMNPR in your Startup items.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/various-settings-keep-changing-back-to-default-1138881.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently took ownership of the explorer.exe file so that I could modify my Windows 7 start orb. Everything went well and my new orb looks great. I am now trying to give ownership back to TrustedInstaller using NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller. It appears that ownership does in fact change to TrustedInstaller, however, I'm still able to change and modify the explorer.exe file, even though I'm not the owner anymore. I've gone into permissions but I can't "allow" any control on the administrator account. (it's all grayed out) I can only "deny" control. I remember seeing a warning about inherited permissions on that file but when I unchecked it, the only account remaining in the accounts list was TrustedInstaller.
All I really want to do is put the owner back to TrustedInstaller and set the permissions on the administrator account the way they were before I changed them.
Any ideas?

A:Changing owner back to TrustedInstaller

Quote: Originally Posted by mborner

I recently took ownership of the explorer.exe file so that I could modify my Windows 7 start orb. Everything went well and my new orb looks great. I am now trying to give ownership back to TrustedInstaller using NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller. It appears that ownership does in fact change to TrustedInstaller, however, I'm still able to change and modify the explorer.exe file, even though I'm not the owner anymore. I've gone into permissions but I can't "allow" any control on the administrator account. (it's all grayed out) I can only "deny" control. I remember seeing a warning about inherited permissions on that file but when I unchecked it, the only account remaining in the accounts list was TrustedInstaller.
All I really want to do is put the owner back to TrustedInstaller and set the permissions on the administrator account the way they were before I changed them.
Any ideas?

If it truly is a permissions issue and you have a restore point why not restore it to a point before the problem existed?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114071-changing-owner-back-trustedinstaller.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Helo I'd like some help on something and I hope this is the right pplace So I've been trying to install a program for a couple of days now and it's been really painful with a lot of errors I'm getting this error language on the installation menu and it's starting with this weird language I asked on Reddit what language it was and they said Mojibake It's Russian Older versions of Windows encoded Russian with the Win- codepage Now it uses codepages - breaking backwards compatibility To make it comprehensible again change the parts of the registry that point to the codepages - to all point to or just replace the codepage files themselves in System with 's Considering the program seems to be related to Russian language I'd like to know how to perform the steps on the second option To make it comprehensible again change the parts of the registry that point to the codepages - to all point to or just replace the codepage files themselves in System with 's since I'm a huge newbie on that topic Can somebody help me I'd also like to know if there are any risks in following those steps Thanks and I hope I'm doing everything right

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/391445-changing-back-win-1251-codepage.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HI, IM NEW AND NEED SOME POINTERS. I DECIDED TO MAX MY GRAPHICS RESOLUTION AND WOW, HALFLIFE CAME TO LIFE, AT LEAST HALF. ANYWAY, IM HAVING AN AWFUL TIME READING MANY SITES AND FORUMS DUE TO THE FACT AS THEY ARE TINY, TINY. mY QUESTION IS, IS THERE A WAY TO BE ABLE TO SET THINGS UP SO I CAN CHANGE BACK AND FORTH QUICKLEY , AS MY DESK TOP SETTINGS CHANGE QUITE A BIT AS WELL. CANT WAIT TO HEAR ALL YOUR IDEAS. THANKS

A:Changing Graphic Settings And Back

Whoa dude. What with all the yellin'. Please don't use all caps.
Did you install the video card or did it come with the computer? Most video cards come with a utility that sits in you task bar. It will allow you to do just what you describe.
List the video adapter you are using and I'll see if I can find the utility for you.

Merry Christmas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38403/changing-graphic-settings-and-back/
Relevancy 47.3%

hmm. for a second there, I thought somehow my I.E. unscrewed itself lol .. but apparently not =/ Bah!

<Ahem> I clicked too quickly when I was trying to download a file and managed to unclick the "always ask before.." downloading option. And now, whenever I click on a downloadable file, it automatically downloads into the Temp folder or opens a media player (mp3, mpeg, avi, etc). This has become quite annoying ^^; I've tried searching the net/forums for answers but unsuccessful so far.

So, if anyone could help me change my settings back to the old default settings, i'd appreciate it!!

Thanks

Windows XP Pro SP 1
I.E. 6.0

Relevancy 47.3%

I've tried all I could and now I leave myself in the hands of the pros.  I'm attaching my logs from DDS.  The title says it all.  I can't get online because I keep getting proxy errors.  I don't use a proxy and I'm sure the computer is infected and every time I uncheck the box for proxy, it reverts back to 127.0.0.1
Oh, and thank you in advance!

A:Proxy server keeps changing back...

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534557/proxy-server-keeps-changing-back/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey a few months ago my default back to Changing taskbar PC was being especially Changing taskbar back to default slow so I disabled almost all non-essential processes This included me disabling lots of visual effects for my PC I made it so my taskbar is that boring blocky grey wth no shadowing on icons and all that kind of thing All Changing taskbar back to default of that really made no difference I ve managed to speed up my PC some by other methods so I d like to change it back to the nice blue curvy taskbar along with better looking desktop icons and everything else I used to have I basically would like to ask how to do that P S While I m posting here any recommendations for speeding up my PC not simple things like defrag etc I d like to just buy a new PC or upgrade parts but I really can t afford that at the moment P P S More importantly I am running on XP SP Thanks all nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

i was running access 97 sharing a file that several people use. i installled access 2000 and it wanted to convert the files to version 2000. i was afraid if i did that the other users would not be able to use the file until they upgraded. so i did not convert, and as i used the file, i could not make any changes to the structure. i deleted the ms office folders and reinstalled the 97 version, but it was still looking for some licensing for the 2000. is there anyway i can go back to access 97?

A:changing access 2000 back to 97

That is a well known problem. All you need to do is to run a little patch from Microsoft and you are good to go.
Here's the link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/Update/1.0/W98/EN-US/Aclicn97.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-access-2000-back-to-97.89251/
Relevancy 47.3%

Everytime I log on using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, I have an issue with the proxy settings changing back after I correct them.  Can I fix this?
 AdwCleanerS0.txt   5.99KB
  6 downloads

A:Proxy settings keep changing back

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546440/proxy-settings-keep-changing-back/
Relevancy 47.3%

hello and agood day to you guys...will greatly appreciate it if anyone can tell me how to go about reverting from vista home premium back to vista home basic....i did an update with the home premium CD and it place the previous OS in a folder called windows.old id liike to know if i can get that back up and running ....like (undo the update/ upgrade) so ill get the windows home basic back....thank you in advance

A:changing back to vista premium

Why do you want to revert back to Vista Home Basic?

----------------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of that computer?

How much RAM does it have?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-back-to-vista-premium.984561/
Relevancy 47.3%

I did an upgrade and my toolbar went to the classic style. How do I change it back to the one with the round start key?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/383050-changing-toolbar-back-default.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My default sources keep changing from the sources that I choose. Also, the photos app keeps recreating the pictures library in the C:\Users\UserHere directory even though I changed it over to another drive. I've also already tried uninstalling the photos app via Windows Powershell and reinstalling the app. I've posted some to show you the items that keep changing. I found that OneDrive seems to be causing the problem but can't find a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46576-photos-app-source-keeps-changing-back-default.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So a little over a year ago I decided I wanted to customize my interface to look like Windows 9x just for fun and kept it that way up until today. So of course during the modification process, I changed a lot of the icons in imageres to the 9x icons. I did this using resource hacker. Now that I'm back to using Aero interface, I'm wondering if there's any way possible I can restore all the icons to the original Windows 7 ones all at once whether it's through a download or a certain program or anything, or would I have to manually replace them through resource hacker again?

A:Changing imageres.dll back to original icons

Welcome to the Seven Forums

1st:
Do Option 2 of this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker it will not harm any data or programs you have installed it will try to find and repair any corrupt system files that you have. You may need to do this up to 3 times with a reboot after each scan.

2nd:
Icon Cache - Rebuild

If that does not do it use this Win7 defalt iconpack installer by cutechinu on deviantART and Icon Cache - Rebuild
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/321358-changing-imageres-dll-back-original-icons.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all,
My son downloaded a roster update for his NHL 06 game. After he did so he thought he would open the file to view the roster. But as is normal the file has to be installed into the game to be of use. He did not know this. He used "open with" from the box. He selected note pad. Now because the little box was checked that reads " always use the selected program to open this type of file" that file extension only opens with note pad.
The file extension is .UPD (if it matters)
I've tried to re-download it to no avail.

How do I change it back so that the game can make use of the file?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

A:Changing File Types Back To Default

You can change them back the same way. Find one of the affected files, highlight it, hold down the shift key and right click the file. Select "open with". Scroll through the list of programs and find the one you want to associate the files with and select it making sure the same box is checked.

Failing that, uninstalling and reinstalling the program will take care of it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32998/changing-file-types-back-to-default/
Relevancy 46.87%

undefinedundefinedHAVING PROBLEMS ON START-UP, SCREEN COMES ON GOES THROUGH START-UP--SCREEN GOES BLACK -COMES BACK ON -NOW COLORS HAVE REVERTED TO LOW BIT (8)- i THEN CLICK ON PROPERTIES, SETTINGS AND CLICK BACK ON 32 BIT COLOR -APPLY AND OK, THIS DOES IT EVERY TIME I START UP, GETTING TO BE A PAIN- WINDOWS XP OS, WAS OK PRIOR TO LAST YEARS VIRUS, I HAVE DONE INSTALLATION OF SERVICE PAK 1, GOT ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM ANY HELP APPRECIATED [email protected]

A:Color Changing On Start-up Jumps Back To Low Bit

post with caps off
reinstall your video drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-changing-on-start-up-jumps-back-to-low-bit.228431/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was messing around with my HDD partition and decided to rename my D drive to X Well everything went D:\ can't back drives, Changing to change letter smoothly but then Changing letter drives, can't change back to D:\ problems emerged When I turn on my laptop a bunch of applications send the error message quot No Disk quot It says quot There is no disk in Changing letter drives, can't change back to D:\ the drive Please insert a disk Changing letter drives, can't change back to D:\ into drive Device Harddisk DR quot I usually have to click a bunch of times before the error window stops popping up This is also happening with various applications I tried changing the disk letter back to D except I can't do that since the letter D is not given as an option for the new drive letter When I open up regedit and go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MountedDevices both DosDevices D and DosDevices X exist even though there is no partition named D on my laptop Is there a way to force change the drive letter back to D or perhaps another solution

A:Changing letter drives, can't change back to D:\

Hello Veliki, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if OPTION TWO in the tutorial below may be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262920-changing-letter-drives-cant-change-back-d.html
Relevancy 46.87%

To me the My Computer view is pretty useless since I have all that I need in the libraries. Thus it would be nice if I could configure Win+E to open the libraries view, like it did in build 7000.

Is there any way to change this behavior? I'm using build 7057.

A:Changing Win+E behavior back to showing Libraries?

I don't think you can change the built-in Windows+X combinations, but I'll look it up.

Meanwhil, the easiest approach I can think of is to make another key combination:

1. Create a new shortcut on your hard drive, e.g. under c:\windows

2. Enter this path at the shorcut's path:
C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:libraries

3. Focus at the shortcut key tab and press Ctrl+Alt+E.

4. Press OK.

At least now you can open libraries pressing Ctrl+Alt+E.
That's the closest approach I could think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/5707-changing-win-e-behavior-back-showing-libraries.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I installed Windows 8.1 two days ago and have set up two accounts, one Administrator tied to Microsoft and one local Standard account. For some reason, the Standard account keeps on changing its account type by itself to have full administrative rights. Any idea on how to fix this?

Also, do you think I even need two accounts? I am the sole user of this PC. Do you think I could just use the Admin account? Thank you!

A:Standard account changing back to Admin on its own

Hey mate,

For your last question, I usually use a standard [Microsoft] account, where I do all my work. The admin account lies dormant, until I need to install anything on it. I just install from my standard account, using the Admin account info when needed.
[Edit] The reason I do this is to add another layer of protection, to prevent malware access to the Admin account [/Edit]

For the first problem, you might try creating the two accounts over again, and delete the old ones. Make sure you have all important and recommended updates installed from control panel, and an antivirus (Either the built-in Defender or another you trust).

Let me know if this doesn't work for you, and I'll offer more advice. Take care.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57331-standard-account-changing-back-admin-its-own.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I have recently undertaken to get my pictures folder all sorted out and I have got a couple of thousand pictures there. I have been trying to make individual folders within my folder in categories so that I can sort things.

The problem is that in each of these folders I have to keep clicking on "View" and then "Extra Large" over and over again. Isn't it supposed to stay like I put it without me having to re-tell it over and over? It keeps going back to the default size of the pictures.

It is quite frustrating and tiring to have to keep on re-setting the picture sizes for the hundredth time.

A:Folders files keep changing back to default

Go to C:\users\(your user name) and right click on the parent folder, say Pictures, and go to properties. Now click the customize tab. Now set the "Optimize this folder for" option to what you want and make sure to check the box for "Also apply this template to all subfolders" If you optimize for "Pictures" you should get large icons as the view. If you don't get what you want just go back and change it to something else.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47104-folders-files-keep-changing-back-default.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I recently opened a 'savegame' file using notepad. I now find out that i cannot get it to play properly. I realize that i have to change it back to what it was originally, however i am unable to do this. I need to change it back to Windows Shell Commor/Common.

I have downloaded a program called 'Unassociate File Types' however i am not very clever and i don't really know what to get rid of.

Thanks for any help i receive,
Maisie