Windows Support Forum

AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Q: AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi!

I was wondering where nvidia's pre release driver gets stored on the computer so that I don't have to re-download every time!

I want to copy them to my Setups folder, so that I can re use them.

I tried C:\Windows\Software Distribution but it was not there!

Also, why do I get a WDDM v1.0 driver and not a v1.1?

Waiting for replies!

Thanks!

A:Where to find nvidia's Pre release drivers on computer?

Well for the most part device drivers are installed into the "C:\Windows\system32" and "C:\Windows\system32\drivers" sub folders by an installer. Each update you download will see it's own number where you can store those away in a separate folder by simply downloading to that directly.

Prereased drivers are also referred to as "beta" drivers with the advice of "use at own risk"! They are not the driver sets you would see the Windows update site locate and install for you there.

The v1.0 driver is obviously the latest "out of beta" driver available for general use. The v1.1 being in beta form is one you have to go to NVidia directly for. For the present time you should stay with the v1.0 until the v1.1 is out of beta and available at the normail download site. Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/4604-where-find-nvidias-pre-release-drivers-computer.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have recently got a new laptop with a GeForce GT 520M, and for some reason my DxDiag doesnt seem to register the fact that it's there, as you can see below.

I have got the nVidia Drivers installed as well as Intel HD Graphics installed.

I'm worried that this is affecting my laptops performance.

Please help!

Thanks,
StubbyHS

A:Why have I got Intel HD and Nvidia Drivers?

Hello stubby,

At first glance I would say this was correct but I need the complete laptop model name and number to be sure

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195442-why-have-i-got-intel-hd-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I was just wondering, are intel chipsets and nvidia drivers compatible and do they work well together? The only computers I have owned have all had Nvidia chipsets.

A:Intel chipset and nvidia drivers

Yes they are compatible... Some Nvidia video drivers have problems with Windows and not necessairily with the chipsets

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-chipset-and-nvidia-drivers.85690/
Relevancy 70.09%

XPS 14.  About 3 years old.  Ran the Intel Driver Update utility which told me there was a new driver for the Intel HD 4000.  But it goes to great length warning me that Dell has thier own preferred version and I should use that 3 year old version.  Nvidia wants me to update the Geforce GT 630M.  
Is that just overkill warning?  I know I could always roll back but the warnings sound so serious ;^)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994937
Relevancy 69.66%

This may sound a stupid question but can these two clash??

After a fresh reinstall windows installed the Intel graphics accelerators then i installed my nvidia drivers for my Gforce 9400gt(not the best)
my monitor kept turning off on its own

Ive run dozens of tests and everything is reported as working properly
i uninstalled the intel drivers but the igfxsvc module was stilll running
even when i ended the process it would run again and it didnt appear in services
this is part of Intel and nothing to do with my nvidia drivers

I was wondering if a clash may of been causing the issue??
sorry if its a dumb question

A:Intel graphics accelerator & Nvidia drivers clash??

Are you sure it is not just the power setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114780-intel-graphics-accelerator-nvidia-drivers-clash.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I did a fresh install of windows 7 on my laptop. I then got a DELL engineer from the software team to do a drivers install.
But the screen on full resolution has problems. When I turn on the laptop and log in the screen gets all weird and flickers and shows grey lines and it?s very hard to use.
To resolve this I press the sleep button and then turn it back on.
I have intel 3000 graphics and nvidia graphics driver 332.21

Any help would be much appreciated

A:XPS Laptop screen flickering and distorted nVidia and Intel Drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Your best option would be to go to the Dell Website and Download the Drivers for your Graphics Card ... See if that helps any .. I assume you paid to get this repaired by the DELL engineer .. It should be their job to fix it ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/321602-xps-laptop-screen-flickering-distorted-nvidia-intel-drivers.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I use Toshiba M Laptop that has two graphic cards with NVIDIA Optimus NVIDIA Usage Geforce problems] + Intel Graphics HD [Drivers & Technology Auto-swicthing graphics processors Now I have some vga problems Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems] and driver questions below Intel HD Graphics lt -Why can't install driver from Intel official website driver not supports but the driver in Toshiba website can be installed fine as well What's wrong with that Was it mean quot Intel HD Graphics quot has more than one type several of model classes or it must related to the chipset of Toshiba laptop's mainboard NVIDIA Geforce GT M lt -How to use only this vga stand alone I tried to disable Intel HD Graphics from device manager and then the monitor was not in use black screen was displayed So Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems] I tried to disable Intel HD Graphics in safe mode no black screen but the next normal boot it was displayed like GT M was not in use can't config NVIDIA tools it was disappeared from control panel but it was still enabled in device manager Now I just updated Intel HD Graphics driver a mouse lag in Aero themes taskbar effect was fixed also the video framerate fault was fixed too Hope someone can give the solutions how to fix these problems Thanks in advance My Laptop Toshiba Satellite M - X OS Windows Ultimate x OEM Toshiba CPU Intel Core i M GHz RAM Samsung GB x Dual Channel HDD Hitachi GB VGA Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT M GB SOUND Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems]

1. Main reason the Intel reference driver won't work is it hasn't been modified to work with the second card (applies to laptops with either Nvidia or AMD for the second card). Same applies to the Nvidia driver, it requires the Intel driver to be installed before it can be installed.

2. From what I have seen the Nvidia card (or AMD if so equipped) can be made to run all the time only when the laptop is plugged in and you change the power settings to high performance. If that doesn't get it working all the time here may be another setting that needs to be changed. If that is the case going to have to wait on someone with a similar setup for more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/123830-intel-hd-graphics-nvidia-geforce-drivers-usage-problems.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there I am a sound engineer I own a device called Focusrite Liquidmix which worked fine 8 Legacy Windows (release preview) drivers in Windows bit BUT only if it was installed in a firewire device which had LEGACY drivers Something that you could easilly do in win with manual choice of the legacy Windows 8 (release preview) Legacy drivers drivers for the specific firewire card in device manager In windows the option is gone No legacy drivers alternative What I did is use the win legacy drivers and I manually choose them but it didn't let Windows 8 (release preview) Legacy drivers me install them unsigned drivers What I did next was some cmd commands with test signing and stuff known commands to disable this thing which also hasn't worked Final stop was to do the windows restart in advance settings option where you can choose with F to disable signed drivers check This finally worked The problem is that EVERY time I restart the driver again doesn't work and has a yellow signal in device manager So I have to restart again in advanced settings start with F and it works once again So everytime I need to work on songs with this device which needs legacy drivers I have to do time consuming restarts Any thoughts on how can I permanently have drivers signed check disabled in Windows Thanks in advance This thing with legacy drivers mode is a problem for many many devices and people

A:Windows 8 (release preview) Legacy drivers

I understand that issue clearly because I encountered it before.

It depends how old the device is and if it still has support then the manufacturers need to make new signed versions for win8.
Some drivers were hard to find or not available at all.
Some time ago someone told me to look for drivers on catalog.update.microsoft.com and search the device name or the hardware ID's found in the detail section of the driver (device manager). Works with most of devices.

If you're lucky enough, you can find some signed drivers there.
Besides this link, there's the manufacturer's website but you're not finding much for Win8 or new OSes in general if the hardware is older.

Good luck

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10328-windows-8-release-preview-legacy-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.49%

everytime I install my amd sb750 chipset drivers, windows won't boot up and it was attempt to repair after restarting. Only way I can get back is to "refresh my pc". I have a dfi LP JR 790gx-m2rs board and it sucks not being about to install my chipset drivers. Anybody else have a sb750 chipset board and getting errors? It worked fine on the consumer preview.

A:windows 8 release preview errors with sb750 chipset drivers

I have the same board and situation is even worse. I can't even complete setup as it just BSOD's after selecting the drive when the SATA controller is set to RAID mode. I can install in ACHI mode but I need ACHI RAID (for other complicated reasons). I tried using txtsetup.oem files but it just says no device drivers found.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6538-windows-8-release-preview-errors-sb750-chipset-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell XPS that I received last week from Dell with a random screen flickering issue nbsp It is based on evalue order code lt ADMIN NOTE Order number removed per privacy policy gt It is the th Gen Core i GB RAM quot FHD p display not k GB SSD WHr Battery Intel NVIDIA XPS 15 Flickering - Intel w/ Screen 530 / Dell Causing 960M (9550) Intel Graphics AND NVIDIA M I saw a post about the XPS with the intel display flickering being fixed with the new driver I am running driver version for the Intel and my screen is still constantly flickering nbsp on my brand new XPS nbsp Another Issue I also noticed that in the Intel graphics properties config panel - gt D - gt Application Optimal Mode this also causes issues Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering with the start menu looking distorted and fuzzy even making some of the white text look gray nbsp I disabled this to resolve that issue but the screen still constantly flickers One thing I have done recently to mitigate the flickering is go into the NVIDIA driver control panel and set the NVIDIA card as the preferred graphics card which works for most applications As soon as the Intel card kicks back in the screen flickers I have tried various drivers versions for this model off the Dell website without success I am running Windows Pro nbsp not sure if a Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering newer driver is available and just not posted For example the newest Laptop BIOS on the driver website ends in while my pc came with installed So wasn t sure if the website was behind on graphics driver releases although the Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering Dell Update app hasn t downloaded any new driver either I am about to return this laptop this is annoying I know it is the intel driver because if I uninstall the Intel Driver completely and let it install the generic microsoft basic graphics driver while the performance isn t good the screen does NOT flicker Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if you were able to resolve it OR if this is completely a driver issue that only Dell Intel can resolve nbsp Thanks

A:Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Another update... I was ready to give up as others have above when I found posts on the NotebookReviews forum mentioning this new Intel Driver:  downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen
It won't install through the executable, but if you follow the instructions here for a manual install: www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface  they do work.  Incidentally that link is regarding the exact same flickering problem on the MS Surface Book Pro(very similar hardware).  I'm 3 days in to using these drivers and it appears to have resolved the problem.  This is the longest I've gone without flickering by a long shot.
Note on the Intel download site the first of the "Key Issues Fixed"...  "Display may flicker on 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors".
I also updated to the latest WiFi drivers from Dell's site at the same time, so I can't be 100% certain my issues were fixed by just the display drivers, or if it was the combination of the two.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19660093
Relevancy 59.77%

Edit I fixed it I was causing the problem myself but uninstalling the chip in the first place when i should have been disabling it instead Ok I looked for about an hour and decided i would have to make a new thread for my specific problem so sorry if im making my first post in an odd place I recently installed a NVIDIA GeForce FX PCI MB DDR video card followed directions as best i could and disabled the Intel integrated graphics but my PC insists on REinstalling the intel integrated graphics controller upon restart It left me alone for awhile and i could run Counter Strike Condition Zero moderately well low frames after playing for over an hour but after allowing my computer to update itself while using IE GeForce Graphics... Integrated please FX-vs-Intel 5500 intel NVIDIA make away! go to dowload firefox for a reinstall IE randomly decided my home page was going to be the microsoft site for the day and since then no matter what i do the computer insists NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away! on trying to reinstall the intel integrated graphics thing so my question is how do I make this stop how do i keep the computer from giving me the dreaded quot found new hardware quot bubble when im using a FAR superior REAL video card already is there something i do in the BIOS i hope not i dont like messing around in there or on the motherboard itself i have some basic info about my comp in my signature but im going to use quot PolSystemInfo quot to find all my PC specs and just copy paste them below I just hope its enough info to help someone figure out how to kill that evil integrated chip System CPU Intel R Pentium R Processor with MMX CPU Speed MHz No of CPUs OS Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack Ver Version of DirectX DirectX Main Memory Capacity MB Free Space MB Drive C Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Drive D Local Disk Free Space MB Capacity GB Drive J Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Type of Chip Unknown Video Chip Video Driver nv disp dll Version Updated Saturday December AM VendorId x DE DeviceId x SubSysId x Revision VRAM MB AvailableVidMem MB AvailableTextureMem MB Sound Card Realtek AC Audio Sound Driver ALCXWDM SYS Version Updated Wednesday February PM Network Card Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Network Driver R n SYS Version Updated Friday October PM Motherboard Gamila Giovani Neon series Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Version Serial Number nbsp

A:NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away!

Hmm that didn't happen to me when I put mines in. Did you install the NVIDIA drivers? Try disabling the onboard in the device manager. That?s what I did. There doesn?t seem to be an option to turn it off in the bios (my bios) maybe there is for you however. It isn?t too complicated. Just simply look for onboard graphics or integrated graphics controller or w/e and select disable, but first try disabling it in the device manager. It should be listed under display adapters -> properties -> disable this device.

You should upgrade to DX9.0c...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-5500-fx-vs-intel-integrated-graphics-please-make-intel-go-away.52092/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi guys just been looking at getting a new motherboard. and there was a link to these new motherboards coming this year !! they look sweet look for yourself.

Quote:
After visiting most of the major motherboard manufacturers while exploring the Computex trade show, we thought it would be interesting to put together a photo gallery of all the LGA2011 motherboards we've seen.

What's interesting is just how many LGA2011 motherboards are on display at the show, despite the fact that the CPUs are not due to be released until much later this year.

Intel LGA2011 Motherboard Showcase | bit-tech.net

A:INTEL to release LGA2011 socket ?

WOW... ASUS boards looks.... Ugly i was'nt expecting that still on LGA775

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178848-intel-release-lga2011-socket.html
Relevancy 58.05%

When is the other set of penryn processors coming out,is it coming out in january as it suppose to?cause i want to get the 2.8 quad which is for 530.

A:Intel penryn release dates?

Planned for Januari 20th I think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-penryn-release-dates.95353/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone,
I just bought new laptop for gaming but i found that my laptop reads the graphic card of intel family not nvidia and i don't know why...

I tried to disable it from the device manager but nothing happen and when i check it again it was unreadable too and it changed from Intel Graphic Family --> unknown device and the size from 1792MB --> 259MB

Laptop info:
Type: Dell [NOT TOUCH SCREEN]
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Core i7
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 840M
HD: 1TB

also it run many new games like Far Cry 4, alien isolation in high performance but i need to know if i can make it better...

Thank you guys for your time.

A:My windows only reads Intel Graphic Card Family instead of nvidia 840M

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Looks as if you have switchable Graphics ...

As you have Disabled the Intel GPU ... You will need to Re-Install the Driver ..
To achieve this go to the Dell Website and Download the Driver ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/359622-my-windows-only-reads-intel-graphic-card-family-instead-nvidia-840m.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Friends, I noticed that another IRST Driver (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) for Win10 64bit rev 14.8.4.1046 (ID # nz1io01w), was released on 2016-AUG-15. This does not make sense consdering that the numerically higher rev 14.8.7.1051 (ID # n1ei202w) was released on 2016-APR-14. It seems like the version numbers are going backwards! 2016-AUG-15 = 14.8.4.1046 (nz1io01w)2016-APR-14 = 14.8.7.1051 (n1ei202w)  Older version is released after a newer version? What's going on here?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Win10-Intel-RST-Driver-Release-Does-Not-Make-Sense/td-p/3401121
Relevancy 57.19%

These release notes address critical late-breaking issues and information about this beta release of the Windows operating system For less serious issues refer to Things to Know About This Beta Release of Windows Download details Release Beta Release Important This 7 Windows Notes: Release of in Issues Documents for this Beta Release of Windows Unless otherwise specified these notes apply to all editions of Windows that support the features mentioned in each note Accessibility Microsoft Narrator does not read information from the command line properly This issue may also affect non-Microsoft screen reader applications To correct this always run the command prompt with administrator privileges Apple iTunes font This issue only Release Notes: Important Issues in This Beta Release of Windows 7 applies to -bit editions of Windows If you attempt to download and install Apple iTunes the -bit version will be installed instead of the -bit version This will prevent syncing with iPhone To avoid this install the -bit version from the following location iTunes for Windows Vista -bit Backup font When you attempt to restore files backed up from a Windows computer to a Windows Vista computer using the Restore wizard on the Windows Vista computer the restoration fails To work around this in the location where the backup file is stored locate the Mediaid bin file which is in inside a directory that has the same Release Notes: Important Issues in This Beta Release of Windows 7 name as Release Notes: Important Issues in This Beta Release of Windows 7 the computer Move the Mediaid bin file up one level so that it is at the same level as the directory with the same name as the computer but not inside it If you attempt to use a system image backup as a restore point System Restore will stop responding To avoid this do not choose system image backup as a restore point To ensure that you are not using a system image backup in the System Restore wizard check the Type column and confirm that the backup type is something other than Backup If this has already occurred restart System Restore and attempt to restore from another restore point that is not a system image backup If you create a system image backup using the Windows Backup wizard you will not be able to use this backup to restore to any new hardware Similarly if you change the disk layout of the computer after taking the backup you will not be able to reimage the computer using the backup To avoid this use Create a system image in the Backup and Restore control panel if available in the edition you are using to create the system image backup instead of the Windows Backup wizard If this has already occurred there is no workaround other than to mount a virtual hard disk for the latest backup and attempt to retrieve user data from it BitLocker Drive Encryption font BitLocker Drive Encryption is not supported on drives that use the extended file allocation table exFAT file system Use BitLocker Drive Encryption with drives formatted with FAT or FAT instead DirectAccess font In certain editions of Windows configuring the Name Resolution Policy Table for DirectAccess can cause the computer to stop responding and repeatedly restart If this occurs the user can recover by restarting the computer in Safe Mode without Networking and then using Regedit exe to delete the Name Resolution Policy table in the following registry key HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows NT DNSClient DnsPolicyConfig The system administrators should then delete the affected computer from the Group Policy object the provides the Name Resolution Policy table to prevent the settings from interfering with the workaround the user has just performed Internet Explorer font If you attempt to print a PDF document from the browser using the Adobe Reader plug-in the operation fails To avoid this save the PDF document to disk and then open and print it using the standalone Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat or any application capable of viewing an... Read more

A:Release Notes: Important Issues in This Beta Release of Windows 7

Thanks DA,

Excelent post

Everyone should read this info so have made thread sticky

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4318-release-notes-important-issues-beta-release-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Members just a quick question please Will i be able to upgrade from able release Will Release to 8 upgrade the to be i Prev Windows final Windows Release Preview to the Windows Will i be able to upgrade Windows 8 Release Prev to the final release final release and when i mean the term upgrade i'm talking any programs files and settings i may have installed while using the Win 'Release Preview' I have Will i be able to upgrade Windows 8 Release Prev to the final release searched this forum aswell as other forums i've also look at the Microsoft Windows Release Preview 'frequently asked questions' but can't find clarity to this specific answer does anyone know the answer please I havn't installed Win RP to my computer Dell Inspiron a yet so this issues what's holding me back Also what runs better a Windows to Windows upgrade install same drive partition or a dual boot with Windows on it's original partition and Windows on it own partition but still on the same hard drive the reason i asked is that i gather in creating a new partition for Windows the Windows partition need to be compacted down is there a performance impact to either OS Any info or opinions would be great regards Livio

A:Will i be able to upgrade Windows 8 Release Prev to the final release

Welcome to the EightForums! liviococcia

Once the finished retail product is available when launched you would need to perform a clean install as with any previous version of Windows. The backup tools however may allow you to preserve and restore user files and settings without too much problem.

The final details in the "pudding" so to speak will be known once the RTM(Release To Manufacturers) is seen. Clean installs are always the preferred option over upgrading over a previous version which can often carry some problems along with the upgrade.

With the Windows Easy Transfer option with 7 once all programs were back on a clean install the restoration of the backup made with that option was found to restore the files and settings with 7. I expect the same should be seen with 8 as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/6838-will-i-able-upgrade-windows-8-release-prev-final-release.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just bought a 9800GT and clean reinstall of Windows 7 and the problem is that the drivers don't detect any lower resolutions below 800x600 and doesn't detect that my CRT old monitor supports a refresh rate of 120.

I usually play video games at 800x600 @ 100hz refresh rate making it very smooth, but now I'm forced to use 85hz with the largest capable resolution being 1070 by XXXXX, can't remember :P.

I've updated windows, installed the latest drivers (197.13), reinstalled the drivers and tried creating a custom resolution via Nvidia drivers and other software without success. Another problem is that saturation and hue aren't working. I'm quite frustrated by this playing in black and white and laggy gameplay, I desperately need some help :(

Thanks in advance to who ever posts on this thread :)

A:Windows 7 Nvidia Drivers

Update: I just relised that the driver version 197.13 I'm using was released yesterday and is WHQL and from what I've read is still currently being tested? And may include some bugs. I rolled back to 196.34 and the same result except saturation and hue work! I'm not certain if the uninstall of the newer driver was completely successful. I tried looking updating my monitor drivers but they are already updated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-nvidia-drivers-471495.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have several problems with windows xp.

First, sometimes the system will hang for a while - the mouse works, but when I click nothing happens for maybe a minute, then it 'catches up' (everything I clicked a minute ago responds like it should, all it once).

Second, I get a BSOD very frequently (when playing GTA1, most of the time, usually starting a game or switching resolutions). It mentions nv4_disp.dll, so should I get a different version of the drivers? I've heard of people having problems with nvidia and windows xp. Is there a specific driver version that you recommend? I've heard the latest versions aren't always the best.

I have windows xp professional running on a 1.7ghz p4 with 512 mb ram. It is a dell laptop.

Relevancy 56.33%

With the latest Nvidia drivers on windows update there are some problems

1) Change Flat Panel Scaling does not work correctly in display , if i click anything other than ( use my displays built in panel scaling ) it defaults back to it. Select Nvidia scaling and it goes back to default ^. This works fine with 185.20 -> 181.20 -> ****

2) Adjust Video Colour settings does nothing with media player classic even when selected to ( with the nvidia settings ). This works fine with all other latest beta nvidia drivers -

3) Doom 3 Flickers BADLY with any official/beta nvidia driver in use ( 185.20 e.t.c ) , this is not fixed by any form of Config editing or control panel changing. Thus far only the windows 7 update driver works with doom 3 , however its an old driver and as above scaling isn't working. SyncMaster T240 HDMI/VGA/DVI/USB 24

A:Nvidia Drivers + Windows 7

i have flickers so i switch off my disply and switch on agine and its gone every time i start my win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/2046-nvidia-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say that Nvidia have released new drivers for Windows 7 to replace the beta version 185.81

New version is 185.85 and was released 06/05/2009 it is WHQL verified and is available from here http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_x86_185.85_whql_uk.html this is the international driver, they have also modified the installation routine you can now just install the drivers over the old ones without removing the old ones and also no restart is required

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there,
On windows update I have an update available for NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Each time I try to install it, it failed.

Through NVDIA control panel, it appeared that I have already the last driver version installed.

As a Windows Insider for windowss 10, I had it preinstalled and running since then and I would like to know whether it is a bug or whatever?

The official released date for Windows 10, was on th 29th of july 2015. Do I need to upgrade it again?

Regards,

Pascal

A:Windows 10 pb with NVIDIA drivers

Not sure if this will help, but since I run Win10 in a VM, I had to set my video drivers to "basic" drivers, reboot, and then I was able to upgrade to Win10 (from 8.1). After that, I was able to update my video drivers (built by VMWare) with no issues. You may need to do the same (or something similar) for your NVidia drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-pb-with-nvidia-drivers.1152736/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I hope this will get to the right section of this forum and hopefully someone will help me out NVIDIA ON SIGNAL NO 10 DRIVERS WINDOWS AFTER I have recently built a computer for myself and a friend I had no issues with my one but my friends computer is just giving me a headache I really do not know what to do anymore and this forum might be the last source of help before sending NO SIGNAL AFTER NVIDIA DRIVERS ON WINDOWS 10 the system to the professionalist If those even exist This is the build I am having issues with please note NO SIGNAL AFTER NVIDIA DRIVERS ON WINDOWS 10 this was meant to be a affordable gamming PC and I know the parts I've chosen aren't the best but there were some amazing sales which affected my decision Overall this build was around pounds all together AMD Gamming AM socket - motherboard GEFORCE reg GTX GAMING G - graphic card AMD FX- GHz Socket AM - processor HyperX Fury GB MHz DDR - ram EVGA W - powersupply one disc drive cant remember the make and a TB rpm hard drive and no SSD The issue I am having I have managed to power up the system and get the Windows installed it's locked up with x resolution with no way to change obviously the graphic drivers need to be installed After installing the newest drivers from NVIDIA computer restarts gets into a bootloop for a few minutes than the screen goes black and states no signal ALL under DVI with a proper DVI to VGA switch OK no problem I thought I've receovered the windows to the point before any drivers were installed and managed to get it working obviously with the resolution Then Ive tried installing the Nvidia Drivers from the disc - same results Ive done the recover again and decided to use Windows update after installing the Killer network drivers update finishes with no issues gives a prompt that Video drivers were updated and restart is required After the restart I have the same issue with no signal After that Ive done a fresh installation of windows and decided to install the Motherboard drivers from a provided disc unfortunately the Suite does not fit on the low resolution and I cant press the Install button ive managed to find the actual exe file on the disc and run it from there what happens the installation progresses to the point where you need to press finish however mouse and keyboard stops working computer does not seem to be frozen as the images in the installator are changing and the loading circle appears next to the mouse on ocassions After restarting the computer I get the no signal again Ive read that the gamming is an old card and might require the BIOS update however Ive also read that updating BIOS not properly might damage the computer or something so before I do anything now I would really like to get somebodies oppinion on this First of all what do I do wrong What can possible be going wrong What drivers am I missing In what order I should install them My friend is comming to my house with his computer tommorow so it would be wonderful if someone responded by then Maybe I could add you on FB to chat from there and just have a conversation whilst I will be installing the system What I will try to do tommorow will be put the CARD on a second low PCI-E and hope for the best but I doubt its gonna help I will then try to update the BIOS with the newest update from AMD site Question ive got about them is what does the m version mean is it just a realese signature I do also expect that the parts Ive selected might be simple not compatible but I cant really think about this It would mean I made my mate loose so much money and I would need to sort of pay him back I should probably say it before the graphic card we bought is apparently refurbished however this was done by AMD it came in orginal packaging with all the Genuine sealing and stickers and all that and the windows without drivers on a clean install works so I do expect it should be fine Hopefully If however something is wrong with the graphic card how can I test it to see if ... Read more

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/no-signal-after-nvidia-drivers-windows-10-4598428/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been trying to find Windows 7 drivers for my 8800GT but haven't found anything yet. Are the Vista ones compatible or do I need Windows 7 specific? If so, do they exist?

-Mike

A:Any Windows 7 6956 Nvidia Drivers?

Install the Vista drivers and you will be good to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1058-any-windows-7-6956-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I've upgraded my laptop from vista 32-bit to windows 7 32-bit. For somereason, no matter what version of nvidia laptop drivers i try, once it goes to reboot, the computer will hang after the 'windows loading' screen and never reach the login screen. From there i'm brought to the startup repair, which doesn't do anything. However, when the drivers are removed, my computer boots fine using the windows standard vga graphics driver. Any suggestions?

A:Windows refusing to use nvidia drivers?

Welcome to SF
Which versions of the drivers have you tried?
Where did you get them from?
I've just had a quick look and the most up-to-date is here; http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...6.81_whql.html

With the driver installed after rebooting, enter the advanced boot options (F8, F12 or similar) and choose Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
See how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32297-windows-refusing-use-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I have already a ready usb disk on key with the windows ready for installing.

I have nvidia gtx 770 video card.
Now i have the latest drivers 350.12 but i want to make a new clean install of my windows 8 and the problem is that windows will install the latest drivers but i want it to install drivers version 347.88.

Can i force the windows in the installation options while installing to install the version 347.88 ? If not can i force windows not to install the video card drivers at all so i can install it later ?

And after installing 347.88 can i set somewhere in the windows that it will not try to install in the future the latest video drivers version and only will alert if there is a new version ?

A:How can i install windows 8 without the nvidia drivers ?

windows 8.1 setup media will not install the newest drivers - windows update will - once you get online..

during installation - do not connect to your router (internet) - thus preventing the driver download..

install your 347 driver - connect to the internet and install the updates (this will update all your drivers)
after all the updates are completed. going through device manager Roll back the video driver to 347

if that does not work un-install the 350 driver through device manager and it should roll back to 347

Actually you will have both driver versions on your PC but you will have to tell device manager to roll back to the older version..

you could also block automatic driver updates > control panel > system > advanced system properties > Hardware > device installation settings
Attachment 61528

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/65805-how-can-i-install-windows-8-without-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,I Have Problem With Nvidia Drivers on Windows 8 Pro When I Reboot Its Only Black Screen.
Any Help?,
ITMarkus
Motherboard is Asus M2N-MX

A:Nvidia Drivers Keep Crashing On Windows 8 Pro.

You have a very old MB and the latest BIOS on their website is dated back in 2008, Drivers are for Vista and will work with Windows 7 but I doubt if it will be completely compatible with Windows 8.
Here's the website for your MB: ASUS - M2N-MX

You could try to download the Video driver for Windows 8 and re-install it to see if it helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/22583-nvidia-drivers-keep-crashing-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Okay so I have a large problem that nobody cant seem to help me with One day Nvidia drivers on windows not 7 working I played splinter cell conviction on my PC Suddenly my game crashed and wierd lights started showing on my screen So I restarted my computer Everything was fine So the same thing happend about two more times until my videocard drivers stopped working at the third time So I reinstalled and uninstalled the drivers didn't seem to work I mean everything looked fine exept I couldn't play any games All gave me the error that something is wrong with my videocard Later I found out that somehow my BIOS had chanced The part where you are suppose to chose the video card So I chanced it back and everything seemed to work for a day until the same problem came back I looked at the BIOS and everything Nvidia drivers not working on windows 7 was as it has to be But the videocard error still existed Still cant play any games I mean this is just wierd How did my BIOS chance Why doesn't my videocard work When video cards break the really break but not like this And my videocard is only year old it can't break this fast NVIDIA GeForce GT So please someone help me fix this problem or at least confirm my suspicions that my videocard is broken

A:Nvidia drivers not working on windows 7

This is most likely overheating, check your temps using GPU-Z: techPowerUp! :: Download TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.4.2
Did you try to install the drivers in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/84877-nvidia-drivers-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have just download and intalled windows longhorn build 4015 on my computer and it all works fine, apart from one problem. I cant seem to find any nvidia drivers that work with this windows. The drivers that came with windows for geforce cards seem to be corupted to it wont install them and i cant get my card setup, and its still set as default vga adapter right now. I have tried the newest version of the deteonator drivers 50.08a (leaked drviers) and even they dont support the new windows. If anyone can help me install my geforce on windows longhorn plz help.

A:Nvidia drivers in windows longhorn

help with illegal software is prohibited, closing thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-drivers-in-windows-longhorn.144369/
Relevancy 55.47%

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 186.18 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

In case anyone had not heard

A:New Nvidia forceware drivers for Windows 7

It's pinned under the 'Graphic Card' section fella... just so you know where to look in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13699-new-nvidia-forceware-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

quot NVIDIA graphics will take full advantage of the new features and functionality of Windows the next generation operating system from Microsoft NVIDIA has been working NVIDIA 7 Windows Drivers for Graphics closely with Microsoft to enrich users experience with Windows and to ensure that beta users of Windows get full support and an unsurpassed graphics experience on NVIDIA-based graphics cards NVIDIA Graphics Drivers for Windows 7 We expect Windows coupled with NVIDIA s graphics technologies to deliver the fundamental performance our mutual customers have come to expect NVIDIA s graphics technologies enable applications to take advantage of the visual capabilities in Windows such as manipulating photos video and D graphics With the expertise NVIDIA has in visual computing they have been a key contributor to the development of Windows Mike Nash Corporate Vice President of Windows Product Management Microsoft Corporation make certain of quote approval NVIDIA drivers for Windows Beta NVIDIA drivers for the Windows Beta release can be downloaded directly from Microsoft s Windows Update service Instructions After a fresh installation of the Windows Beta click on the Start button Click Windows Update it will be pinned to the top of the start menu You can also type Windows Update into the start menu Search to locate Windows Update Within Windows Update locate and install the NVIDIA driver update it will either be an important update or an optional update depending on your system quot NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Microsoft Windows Norm

A:NVIDIA Graphics Drivers for Windows 7

Or you can just use Vista drivers, since driver architechure is largely unchanged.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/1699-nvidia-graphics-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

There are new Nvidia Beta drivers for Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.
181.71 released 3/2/2009

NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Microsoft Windows 7

A:New Nvidia Beta drivers, 181.71 for Windows 7

Will give these a try - thanks.

Apparently these supercharge the Windows 7 experience. Is this just marketing guff? I was under the impression that the Windows 7 experience was pretty much identical to the Vista experience in terms of graphics APIs.

edit: just read that these drivers support WDDM 1.1 on 8. 9. and above hardware so performance is enhanced over Vista. We'll see

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4702-new-nvidia-beta-drivers-181-71-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For the past ten years, Intel has successfully managed to shrink the manufacturing process for their CPUs every two years. However, with each shrink of the process node there are complications to deal with, which is why Intel has announced...

Read more

A:Intel delays 10nm process to 2017, will release a third 14nm CPU family

I think this will be better in the long run. maybe amd will play catch up and cpu prices will become more affordable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-delays-10nm-process-to-2017-will-release-a-third-14nm-cpu-family.216581/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I recently installed windows 8 release preview on a dell inspiron b130 and everything works fine, except when I press windows + p or go to screen resolutions to hookup my tv. It says to reinstall or check my video card driver. This driver ( for intel mobile (r) 910/915 express chipset series) has not been update since 07, and I can't find any downloads for windows 8 online. Please help me get an updated driver or a workaround to get my monitor projecting onto my tv.

A:Intel mobile (r) 910/915 drivers for windows 8

I don't know whether it'll be possible.

The latest drivers from Intel for those graphics are for XP (XDDM). Windows 7 could use XDDM drivers, but without Aero Glass support. Win8 requires WDDM drivers (1.0 is Vista, 1.1 Win7, 1.2 Win8). They don't exist for those graphics. They probably will never exist.

Unless there's some way to get the generic VGA drivers to give you the features you need, you may be out of luck.

One of the drawbacks to the Release Preview is that it doesn't include the compatibility check that you get with the Upgrade Assistant from the RTM (final) version. I suggest that you download and run that. Bad news is expected.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/15348-intel-mobile-r-910-915-drivers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Well I have a 3 year old pc with intel 82915g/gv/910gl chipset

if I install windows 7 , will my chipset work

I have drivers just for xp, I searched for even vista driver, but I didnt found them.

plz help

A:Windows 7 Intel drivers support

They will be on the website of the manufacturer... or with help from their tech support site.
Generally the chipset will work... but others can be a frustration.
Chipset upgrades, if needed, are found on the Intel website... It is a struggle to find where.
What is your brand, model, and configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-intel-drivers-support.147154/
Relevancy 55.47%

Intel has posted new beta graphics drivers for Windows Worth a shot From http downloadcenter intel com Deta amp DwnldID Detailed Description Purpose This software Intel drivers Windows for Beta HD 8 driver package will install the beta graphics driver for the Intel HD Graphics amp Intel HD Graphics for Windows Release Preview These beta drivers will not function with any other product View the README file for installation information and the RELEASE NOTES for driver version details This driver package Beta Intel HD drivers for Windows 8 contains version for Windows This package also includes the Video BIOS files According to the license agreement these preview drivers are provided quot as is quot Usage These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes However computer original equipment manufacturers OEMs may have altered the features incorporated customizations or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7071-beta-intel-hd-drivers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I am using Lenovo ThinkCentre M58p with Intel Q45 Chipset and Intel GMA 4500 graphic card (x4500, not 4500MHD).

Is there some modified drivers for this graphic card for Windows 8 (or 8.1) x64? I tried some, but the screen is still blured...

Hardware ID's:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E12&SUBSYS_304917AA&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E12&SUBSYS_304917AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E12&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E12&CC_0300

Thank You!

A:Looking for Intel GMA 4500 drivers for Windows 8 (or 8.1)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=18402 This should solve your problem! P.S. Run the Setup as administrator

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/40751-looking-intel-gma-4500-drivers-windows-8-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright, here's the deal.
? Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, with SP2 RC.
? nVidia Gforce 9600 GT

Never had problems updating the drivers to their latest versions (downloaded from nvidia.com) until I de-installed Spybot (that crappy anti-spyware thing).

After that, everytime I try to install (after a deinstallation) or update the current drivers nothing happens. Install runs fine, copies files, reboots and voila... same drivers as before.

The only drivers that actually I was able to install were the 178.13 via the internal Windows Update. That's it. If I don't install them, the VGA card is shown as "vgasave" in the Device Manager.

I'm quite fed up with this and planning to reinstall Vista, but backuping everything up is going to be a real hassle, that's why I'm trying to find out a possible solution to this beforehand.

Any suggestions?.
Thanks in advance!

A:Updating nVidia drivers / nVidia Geforde 9600 GT

since you plan to reinstall windows, it cant hurt to try this first:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/214450-updating-nvidia-drivers-nvidia-geforde-9600-gt.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows 8.1 RTM added 10GB of Nvidia files to DriverStore.

My Windows 8.1 Pro x64 RTM clean install used about 16 to 17 GB of disk space. After installing Nvidia GeForce 326.01 drivers via Windows Update, the disk usage went up 10 GB!

Checking the contents of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder found 37 nv* folders (totaling 10GB) containing Nvidia drivers, all with a creation date similar to date & time of Nvidia GeForce 326.01 driver installation through Windows Update. Probably explains why the Windows Update progress bar lingered at 0% for several minutes when the Nvidia drivers were being installed.

This didn't happen on the same computer with Nvidia GeForce drivers installation via Windows Update on Windows 8 Pro x64 RTM.

I noticed a similar inquiry posted on the Microsoft Community forums but no significant replies.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm inclined to just delete the folders.
Tom

A:Issues with W8.1 Nvidia drivers from Windows Update

Instead of remove these folders. Just uninstall the update:
Invoke Windows updates from Control PanelClick on Update History->Installed Updates then uninstall it (whatever the KB# is for Nvidia GForce)Go to nvidia.com and download the driverUse custom install from nvidia installer. On the next screen, select "Clean Install"

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/31485-issues-w8-1-nvidia-drivers-windows-update.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having this really weird problem.

I am currently running a GeForce 9500 GT on vista and have tried upgrading to Windows 7 release candidate 1 from Vista. The problem is, Windows 7 doesn't like the Nvidia drivers I have on my system. So I uninstalled them. Completely. Restarted. Tried the upgrade again, and boom! Still can't upgrade because Nvidia drivers / nview desktop manager (yes, that is what it says).

I have literally restarted my computer 20 times, uninstalling, reinstalling and whateverinstalling. I have no idea what to do in order to upgrade to windows 7. The drivers or my actual hardware is not letting me upgrade.

Has anyone had this problem?
Just looking for some advice...

Frustrated individual,

mtrog007

A:Can't upgrade Vista to Windows 7 bc nVidia drivers

Check under Control Panel>Uninstall a program and see if there is anything from nvidia you can uninstall from there.

Or you could try running the free Driver Sweeper:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...up)_d1655.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9125-cant-upgrade-vista-windows-7-bc-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dell Dimension 8100
I'm installing drivers for other things now... I wonder why i didn't think of this but THANKS

ok I'm downloading chipset drivers right now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-windows-2000-xp-display-drivers.102328/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just wondering if anyone else is using this chipset and what drivers you are using?

EDIT: i advise not to try the xp drivers they messed up my install, i am using the ones supplied with win update but im sure something is missing, in my device manager it has a unknown pci device, i don't have this in xp on the same machine...??

A:nVidia nForce2 Chipset Drivers For Windows 7?

Since you are trying drivers, did you try the Vista drivers? I loaded the Vista ones for my motherboard (Intel DX48BT2) which seem to be working OK. I did have to use the Compatibility troubleshooter to get them to load.

I am not recommending you install them, just passing along some information...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3100-nvidia-nforce2-chipset-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having an issue with a new build I am running Windows Pro on an SSD Crucial M Windows installation runs fine with no visible problems as does installation of the motherboard drivers Asus M A R The CPU is drivers Windows after installing boot Nvidia won't GPU an AMD FX- After installation of drivers for my graphics card Gigabyte Geforce GTX OC Windforce Edition windows will not boot It gets to the logo but will not start giving options for startup repair or start Windows won't boot after installing Nvidia GPU drivers normally Starting normally will make the screen go black although the pc remains running While on this black screen all computer parts seem to be running case fans cpu fan power supply fan and graphics card fans But the mouse and keyboard connected via USB are not on If I attempt to run startup repair it is unable to repair the computer automatically and suggests a restore pre GPU driver install The startup repair error I get is the following Problem signature Problem event name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature BadDriver OS Version Locale ID I can restore to before installing the drivers and have done so - times but anyway I try to install drivers for my graphics card this same issue is occurring I have attempted to let windows update install them installing them directly from the disc that came with my GPU and also downloading and directly installing them from the Nvidia website all netted the same results Note that it is a different version of the drivers so I don't believe it's a case of a particular version being bad Also note that if I run the driver update through Windows update the text in quot Problem signature quot changes to quot BadPatch quot I have attempted several clean installs of Windows just to see if there was an error during installation but no luck there either I have also triple checked every connection and everything seems to be in the right place and snug Also have reset the cmos just to be sure that had nothing to do with it Another side note I do not have onboard video on my motherboard Any help on this is greatly appreciated thank you

A:Windows won't boot after installing Nvidia GPU drivers

Restore to a time before the drivers were present.
Update the drivers manually but font update them to the highest version.
Can you remember what drivers you had when it was all working fine?
Rollback?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326993-windows-wont-boot-after-installing-nvidia-gpu-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I was having some screen freeze issues that turned out to be related to Hard Drive / DVD Drive firmware on a new Dell PC and part of what I did to troubleshoot along the way was to install the current Vista drivers for my installed 9500GT and 6200 cards.

I did this after I installed the Win 7 drivers for both that previously showed up in Windows Update. Now that I have teh freezing fixed, I'd like to go back to the Win 7 Beta drivers but they're no longer available in WU and you can't get them direct from NVIDIA's site.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to show again? Thx.

A:Any way to get NVIDIA Win 7 drivers to show again in Windows Update?

Hi orcadork and welcome,

You might look in this thread, may give you some ideas.
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-c...o-drivers.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/3244-any-way-get-nvidia-win-7-drivers-show-again-windows-update.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just installed Windows 7 and installed the latest Nvidia drivers. I can run at standard resolutions but when I try to switch to native wide screen resolutions, my monitor indicates the "input is not supported".

Widescreen resolutions work fine in Safe mode or when the Nvidia drivers are not installed. I have tried using older versions of the drivers but it seems nothing seems to be working.

Is anyone else having this problem?

System specs:
-Windows 7, 32 bit
-nVidia 9600GT (driver version 190.32 WHQL)
-nForce 780i
-Asus AL1916W display

A:Windows 7 Widescreen Nvidia drivers - Problem

Here's a link to the latest driver.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 190.62 WHQL

Try that out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/27312-windows-7-widescreen-nvidia-drivers-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I got some weird problem with my PC don't know if it's PSU related or MBO I eliminate GPU Mem and hard drives they are good for sure Problem is when I install any drivers for my gtx and when windows pass that loading screen and it needs to show welcome PC restarts But when I enter safe mode and when Windows nvidia drivers installed boot won't remove that drivers PC boot in normal mode without any trouble but he Windows won't boot when nvidia drivers installed install generic drivers for gpu thats why there are no restarts Here is what I tried I tried other memory other Windows won't boot when nvidia drivers installed slots all kind of combinations with them I tried different GPU gtx Ti I tried disconnect everything except hdd and gpu Tried another sata cable another sata port Clear cmos Increase a little mem voltage to V Tried another PCIE slot And nothing above helped every time when he needs to enter windows to show welcome restart I install now Win fresh but problem occured on win during surfing pc just froze for second and restart and that's it and it keeps restarting before entering welcome screen I personally think something is wrong with MBO but I'm not sure I doubt that PSU fail becouse it's good quality PSU I will borrow PSU from my friend tomorrow and check it out Configuration is CPU i MBO Asus P H MEM x XMS Corsair Mhz GPU GTX POV HDD TB WD Black TB WD Black Gb WD Black PSU Seasonic M II- Bronze Anyone have any idea maybe what that can be

A:Windows won't boot when nvidia drivers installed

It can be the problem of the card itself, so try using another card. If everything works perfect, its ok, else go for clean re-install of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357617-windows-wont-boot-when-nvidia-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Sometimes when I'm using the unreal editor (UT3), my screen will blank out for about 5 seconds, come back on, with an error message in the taskbar, with this in event viewer:

Quote:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Never happened to me with my GTS 8800 with my old system, so is it the card or the drivers? I've tried multiple versions of Nvidia drivers too.

A:Is it Nvidia's lousy drivers with windows 7, or my card

We need a bit more information in order to tell you anything at all. You need to fill out your system specs and then explain the entire problem in detail. Also, see if you can find any event logs and/or crash logs that describe your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/82327-nvidias-lousy-drivers-windows-7-my-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I have noticed some troubling overheating issues with my GT O Device Manager says im using a series Nvidia but im fairly sure I have the Dell overclocked GT GTO Idle temperatures via the Nvidia Control Panel are in the C- C Ambient - C range and putting any kind of stress on the video card pushes the temperature above C I can t do any Nvidia (Windows XP) overheating drivers] 6600GT [91.47 type of gaming or I reach the C threshold in minutes Nvidia 6600GT overheating (Windows XP) [91.47 drivers] or less Just days ago I cleaned out the inside of my case with compressed air cleaned all fans and made sure all fans were running during operation No change I m using the drivers I will update my post after updating to the latest drivers and going through a little more diagnosing Any suggestions as to why it may be Nvidia 6600GT overheating (Windows XP) [91.47 drivers] overheating would be appreciated Before posting I was reading http forums nvidia com index php showtopic and it seems like power could be an issue There is one thing i ve noticed very recently which I d like to point out My power supply fan will not start spinning upon startup without a compressed air headstart Blowing compressed air on the fan to break it loose I m unsure if this effects the fan rpm s and therefore power or not I ordered a Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply V a few days ago because of the power supply not starting on startup I m currently using the power supply that came with my Dell Dimension Series computer nbsp

A:Nvidia 6600GT overheating (Windows XP) [91.47 drivers]

You probably should look into a GPU cooler cause stock is not going to do it for a card that is being overclocked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-6600gt-overheating-windows-xp-91-47-drivers.529772/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having A "HUGE" Issue I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. It installed the window VGA drivers and seems to not even see my Nvidia 9400GT 1GIG card. I have tried installing with the card in then reinstalled windows without the card in and restarted put the card in and the drivers bump'd right in and hide my card? Any help?????

A:Windows 7 will not install Nvidia video drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by Dyce

I am having A "HUGE" Issue I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. It installed the window VGA drivers and seems to not even see my Nvidia 9400GT 1GIG card. I have tried installing with the card in then reinstalled windows without the card in and restarted put the card in and the drivers bump'd right in and hide my card? Any help?????

D

huge issue? you need to download a video driver for your card. the nvidea top page is here. You eed to pick the correct one 32bit or 64, download it and install it

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30241-windows-7-will-not-install-nvidia-video-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all.

Not sure what the deal is, but Win10 keeps automatically downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers and software, even though I don't have any NVIDIA hardware. The proper Microsoft graphics drivers are installed.

I did google this and tried to "hide" these updates via some Powershell commands, but everytime I delete the NVIDIA drivers, windows just redownloads them.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

Ever had Nvidia hardware? Perhaps search the registry and see what comes up. be careful before changing things in there though.....

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38328-windows-keeps-downloading-nvidia-graphics-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I'm really having issues with my graphics card because i can't find update for it to work with Windows 10. It keeps crashing all the time. I've updated everything i can through Solution Center and tried this http://support.lenovo.com/fi/fi/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-e-series-desktops/thin... but it says it's not the right version for my graphics card. I'm not that good at technical things with computers so if someone could tell me how can i update those drivers to work with Winodws 10. Thanks!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Think Centre E73 Intel HD 4600 drivers for Windows...

I looked up the driver being used on a M73 with HD 4600 (the US version of your system) that I support, it works perfectly with Windows 10.    Go to Control Panel/Device Manager/Display adapter, and click thru to the Driver tab.HD Graphics 4600      version 10.18.15.4248      date 8/4/2015While you're there, you can click the Update from Online button, this will search for a newer driver. Let us know what you find.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Think-Centre-E73-Intel-HD-4600-drivers-for-Windows-10/td-p/2268898
Relevancy 55.04%

I let windows update upgrade my graphics drivers to pre 1.1 wddm version, after I rebooted basically I lost my terminal font (which some apps use).

Is this pure coincidence (known windows 7 issue) or could it be graphics driver related?

A:new intel graphics drivers on windows update

Donno on that one. I do know that it wasn't up to par because of a different issue and I had to roll mine back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/12818-new-intel-graphics-drivers-windows-update.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all,

All those who are having issues installing the original drivers of XP in Windows 7 for the desktop board D845GEBV2, here's the solution. I am using the original desktop board drivers provided with it. If you don't have the original ones download it here: Here

Install Windows 7 as normal, go to updates in control panel and install the related drivers Windows shows you, for me it was Audio & Monitor (Acer), either in both optional and recommended, restart the PC.

Now go to Device Manager and follow as in the attachments.

In the last picture, select the file as in the attachment, after this you'll need to restart the PC.

Good Luck, please do let me know how it went.

Thank You

A:Intel D845GEBV2 Windows 7 Drivers, SOLVED

Here's the final image, working, forget the Acer in there, that's just my monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/328166-intel-d845gebv2-windows-7-drivers-solved.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I get this error over 8(R) stopped.. Intel for Drivers Windows 10: Graphics driver Display windows HD times a day display driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows reg stopped responding and has successfully recovered Usually this happens when using firefox and gives me a black firefox window Usually I can hit F to go full screen and back to restore everything to functioning However sometimes firefox locks up and other times without any error at all my Windows 10: Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows 8(R) stopped.. mouse gets slow and then the whole computer locks up requiring a hard reset Windows Home x Acer Aspire VN - G Bios v Core i - HQ GB Ram Intel HD Graphics also Nvidia GeForce GTX M but I don't think it is Windows 10: Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows 8(R) stopped.. ever active My laptop is an I updated to windows immediately when purchasing this laptop Apparently Acer has a special intel graphics driver when I tried to update to the newest generic Intel driver I got the message that I have to use the driver Acer customized for my laptop I can't use the OEM I would be grateful for any knowledgeable advice

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606911/windows-10-display-driver-intel-hd-graphics-drivers-for-windows-8r-stopped/
Relevancy 54.61%

System Specs Part Part Lenovo Ideapad Y GB RAM TB HDD Dual Nvidia GeForce GT M GB OK my problem is No version newer than the GeForce Driver will allow me to utilize SLI If you wanna see what I mean here s the before and after My problem isn Nvidia Drivers. for Support 8.1. Updated to SLI Windows No latest t really the fact that Updated to Windows 8.1. No SLI Support for latest Nvidia Drivers. a whole year s worth of bugfixes security and performance updates have gone away I can live with that My problem is if I use the old driver that allows for me to run in SLI mode any game that supports SLI causes my laptop to crash with no BSOD so I can t get Updated to Windows 8.1. No SLI Support for latest Nvidia Drivers. any sort of error code immediately after it runs One weird thing is see Part It still shows I have GB Updated to Windows 8.1. No SLI Support for latest Nvidia Drivers. of vRAM even though only one GB graphics card is actually being utilized Can someone help me or give me some advice It s a little frustrating It s the difference between holding steady at with vsync in high ultra on most games or being barely able to run it at all above medium high TL DR Updated to Windows SLI support went away for the last year of revisions of Nvidia GeForce drivers Crashes every time I run games in SLI mode on the driver that actually supports it nbsp

A:Updated to Windows 8.1. No SLI Support for latest Nvidia Drivers.

Seems to be common issue with this model: https://www.google.ca/search?q=windows+8.1+sli+site:forums.lenovo.com&espv=210&es_sm=122

Doesn't seem to be a solution yet, you will have to wait for fix from Lenovo or NVidia or go back to Windows 8 or 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updated-to-windows-8-1-no-sli-support-for-latest-nvidia-drivers.1111020/
Relevancy 54.61%

A new 'Game Ready Driver' update is now available for NVIDIA GeForce cards for Windows 10, with the latest update coming in at version 355.98. Notably, the driver introduces support for the recently announced desktop-grade GTX 980 GPU for notebooks.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
Killing Floor 2 GeForce Game Ready Driver Released

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-355-98-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.51290/
Relevancy 54.61%

You can find these drivers here:http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_75.03.html

A:Nvidia released LDDM drivers for Windows Vista

These drivers make things so much different! Non-full screen windows are translucent, and the way they fade in and out.... i'm amazed! Still waiting for errors though.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26653/nvidia-released-lddm-drivers-for-windows-vista/
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows update has not worked for months.  The computer would not shut down properly and would hang up on the system update.   I turned off automatic updates and it seemed to solve the problem.  However, I am now not getting any updates which I think has led to the second problem.  Whenever I play a game with heavy graphics, I get an nvidia kernel mode driver crash 347.88 error.   I have attached the requested information.  Hope you guys can help.  Thanks! 

A:Windows Update Not Working and NVIDIA Drivers Crashing

You have 0 Windows Updates installed.  Start with this: There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.I am not one of them.But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.First, please try the Windows Update troubleshooter/fixes listed here:Windows Update Troubleshooter:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-usWindows Update Troubleshooter KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2714434Reset Windows Update Components KB article:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058Then, if that doesn't fix the Windows Update problem, please do the following 2 things. (copied from here:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):Run SFCFix    This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.        -  First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.        -  Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).        -  Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.Export CBS folder        -  On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.        -  On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button StartButton_16x16.gif then click Computer.        -  Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.        -  Find and double click on the Logs folder.        -  Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.        -  Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.        -  Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.        -  A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox).  Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here. Download fresh copies of Asus AI Suite and/or Asus PC ProbeUninstall the current versionInstall the freshly downloaded version. Your BIOS dates from 2007.  Please update the BIOS from within Windows, DO NOT use an updater that asks you to update/flash from a bootable disk No memory dumps in the uploaded files - but many, many Live Kernel Events.Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on Adm... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579082/windows-update-not-working-and-nvidia-drivers-crashing/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I installed P Nvidia Driver from the Dell webpage two days ago and it was fine and everything was good after the restart from the installation After finishing up my session i noticed that there BSOD installing Updates. Windows Nvidia Drivers + after is a window update so i shut down and left the computer to do the updating on it's own Today I switched on my computer to look BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates. at my timetable for today and after that put it to sleep mode After quot waking quot it up I was met with a BSOD after like minutes of use I then decided to system restore to before i did the updates It still BSOD albeit it took a longer time before that happened Right now im using Safe mode Networking to type this message out The computer does not seem to BSOD in safe mode so far I did the steps listed but i could not get the perfmon step working quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report quot Specs Windows bit OEM About months old both hardware and the OS Update I triggered a BSOD in normal mode so as to provide you guys with the Error Codes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFFA E x Physical Memory Dump FAILED with status xC C I would appreciate the help given THANKS

A:BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates.

> Your difficulties were caused by the driver for Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control.
Uninstall if not needed.

> I also note you have McAfee.
McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
Please remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211640-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys!

Ive been looking around on the internet to see which drivers work best with Windows 7 and it seems like 185.85 seems to be the best. But i was wondering as the post i found was from 2009, is there any of the new drivers working better with windows 7? I did see that 314.22 worked for some.

Anyway thanks for the help,

Cheers

A:Latest Nvidia 9800GT Drivers that work with Windows 7?

My missus has a 9800GT and it runs everything as good as could be with 314.22 drivers. Even with my GTX 560 i run the same driver's. No point in going with the latest unless there is some fix for certain games and your model of card. This is really all they bring new drivers out for fixing game bugs and making newer cards more compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308067-latest-nvidia-9800gt-drivers-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

AMD Athlon 64bit 5800+/Asus M3N78 Pro/4G Ram/GeForce 8300 on board, GeForce 9600 in Pce slot SLI enabled Vista Ultimate 64bit sp2 recently upgraded.......

I installed the latest Nvidia drivers after a repair/upgrade install of Vista Ultimate. Everything seems to be running fine, including the Windows Media Player, for videos, but if I try to open Windows Media Center for live TV, WMC crashes and the mouse cursor disappears from the screen -- I can log-out and then in again using Ctl-Alt-Del, and the issue disappears until I try to launch Windows Media Center. Any Work-arounds here? Anyone? Anyone?

A:Nvidia 190.38 Drivers Crash Windows Media Center

Did you disable the on-board 8300 drivers in BIOS? It may be conflicting with the 9600. Otherwise roll back to a previous driver with system restore or device manager or install the newest drivers from nvidia here:

www.nvidia.com/page/drivers.html

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/241648-nvidia-190-38-drivers-crash-windows-media-center.html
Relevancy 54.61%

While people may not have had the best experience upgrading from Windows or where there is a Nvidia card involved the company has now rolled out a new set of WHQL drivers for Windows The new drivers which are now at version have been released in both and -bit flavors and clock in at and mb respectively There are no major changes to be drivers Windows releases Nvidia GeForce for WHQL 355.60 10 found in the release notes which you can see below Just in time for the preview of Ashes of the Singularity this Nvidia releases GeForce 355.60 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you ll have the best possible gaming experience This driver also supports the Beta version of the GameWorks VR software development kit SDK As a result users will be able to enjoy the benefits of GameWorks VR with supporting applications and headsets for the first time If you have yet to upgrade to Windows it s worth pointing out that Nvidia releases GeForce 355.60 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 Microsoft does support most of the recent Nvidia cards although many people have had trouble getting the driver to install after the upgrade A series of reboots will eventually automatically detect the card and install the correct driver or you can grab them below and do it manually via WinBeta Download -bit -bit drivers for Windows nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-355-60-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.49615/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all Here is the situation PC was running fine and i was playing skyrim who isn't then suddenly everything froze and i had to hard reset Only windows froze after i put in my log present! log if at freeze Nvidia in Windows are crash drivers and in password After the black screen with starting windows Tried a Windows freeze and crash at log in if Nvidia drivers are present! few things in vain got desperate and did a clean install once i install latest Nvidia rivers it'll freeze at log in again It's driving me Windows freeze and crash at log in if Nvidia drivers are present! nuts I can only log on if in safe mode or the nvidia drivers arent there As soon as they're installed freeze and crash So here's what i tried so far Tested card on a friend's pc it works fine Tried different drivers uninstalling old ones with driver sweeper still doesn't work Tried a GTX on my mobo same pci slot works fine with nvidia drivers It's not heat related i think as my case is well cooled and temps have always been low I just don't get it card is not broken clean windows install and crash as soon as there are nvidia drivers How am i suppose to make sense of that This is way above my head now and i have to turn to the expert's help to solve this problem from hell If i need to upload anything to help you help me let me know Here are the specs Asus P P D mobo i OC'ed to cooled by Silver Arrow Palit GTX factory overclocked D-link network card Windows bit home premium disc My pc's fate rests in your hands now

A:Windows freeze and crash at log in if Nvidia drivers are present!

Hello, and welcome to Sevenforums. If you follow the instructions for posting your issue, http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html, you will probably get help soon. Thanks.

Edit: I received a message from someone more experienced (FredeGail) saying the DMP files are not necessary as this is not blue screen related. However, I would be interested in seeing the health report. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198943-windows-freeze-crash-log-if-nvidia-drivers-present.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Important Info Graphics Card Geforce GX Ram Gigabytes HDD Gigabyte SATA drive Processor AMD Athlon FX- Dual Core Ghz I have a Shuttle PC and am running the latest BIOS not Drivers Nvidia BSOD installing Windows Card when sure the version number but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP Okay here goes I just installed a clean copy of Windows x Pro over Windows XP It was a major pain I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing' It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm sys which after some research I believe it to be a Nvidia file I could not get Win to install Finally after HOURS of research I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step This was done via Command Prompt Shift F I believe I found the steps for Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers this process here Continuing I'm finally booted into Windows and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers I ran Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my GX reboot 'Windows is Starting' BSOD Boot into Safe Mode uninstall drivers install drivers from Nvidia reboot BSOD It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install after I reboot the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD The code is and the associated file is nvlddmkm sys I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm sys file from two locations I believe one was in the system folder can't remember the other location Currently this file is not located in the drivers folder C Windows System Drivers Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed No matter what I do I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm sys file to somewhere I do have a nvlddmkm sy file that is packaged with all the drivers but I believe it needs to be expanded Thanks for the help guys

A:Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by rhannahs19

Important Info:
Graphics Card: Geforce 7950 GX2
Ram: 2 Gigabytes
HDD: 400 Gigabyte SATA drive
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 (Dual Core, 2.8 Ghz)

I have a Shuttle PC, and am running the latest BIOS, not sure the version number, but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP.

Okay, here goes. I just installed a clean copy of Windows 7 x64 Pro over Windows XP. It was a major pain, I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing'. It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm.sys, which after some research, I believe it to be a Nvidia file. I could not get Win7 to install.

Finally, after HOURS of research, I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm.sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step. This was done via Command Prompt (Shift F10). I believe I found the steps for this process here.

Continuing, I'm finally booted into Windows, and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers. I ran Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my 7950 GX2, reboot, 'Windows is Starting', BSOD. Boot into Safe Mode, uninstall drivers, install drivers from Nvidia, reboot, BSOD.

It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install, after I reboot, the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD. The code is 116, and the associated file is nvlddmkm.sys.

I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm.sys file from two locations. I believe one was in the system32 folder, can't remember the other location. Currently, this file is not located in the drivers folder (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers).

Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed? No matter what I do, I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads. I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail. I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to somewhere. I do have a nvlddmkm.sy_ file that is packaged with all the drivers, but I believe it needs to be expanded?

Thanks for the help guys!

You may have to do either a repair install or fi you have a backup you can restore that might work

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71208-windows-bsod-when-installing-nvidia-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a T with i nvidia nvs M nbsp I upgraded to everything went smoothly installed the nvidia T430 drivers... blackscreen/hangs, 8.1 windows drivers from lenovo update and windows update At random times typically when I play flash content or use metro apps explorer exe crashes windows try to restart it and it goes an infinite loop with flashing screen I can stop it only by cold reboot which leads to T430 windows 8.1 blackscreen/hangs, nvidia drivers... work loss nbsp The event viewer showed ntdll dll related error in explorer exe and iexplorer exe and after contacting microsoft support they checked my dump files and we found that it was nvidia driver related problem specifically nbsp FAILURE BUCKET ID nbsp NULL CLASS PTR WRITE c nvumdshimx dll Unknown nbsp I installed versions and none of them work nbsp If I try to install the latest lenovo windows version of the driver i get black screen after the windows boot screen nbsp So I am in a situation that nvidia support tells me to contact lenovo lenovo support told me that despite this windows compatibility list nbsp http support lenovo com en US research hints-or-tips detail page DocID HT nbsp they do not support windows and I should contact Microsoft and of course Microsoft tells me that they are not in charge of developing graphic drivers true nbsp I am really upset I cannot work on my laptop since it is crashing every minutes or so and I don't want to rollback to windows What should nbsp I do nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:T430 windows 8.1 blackscreen/hangs, nvidia drivers...

Try rolling back your Intel HD Graphics driver too. It might be possible through Device Manager.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430-windows-8-1-blackscreen-hangs-nvidia-drivers-fault/td-p/1279545
Relevancy 54.61%

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search Hot Fix NVIDIA DRIVER nbsp nbsp Information Version Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks December nd In Device Manager nbsp nbsp Note This is a GeForce Hot Fix driver version that 8 Drivers Graphics Windows for Latest NVIDIA GeForce addresses the following issue Game crashes on certain GeForce GTX M notebooks Click the appropriate link to download Windows and bit Notebook bit Notebook Windows bit Notebook - Win bit Notebook - Win WHQL NVIDIA DRIVER nbsp nbsp Information Version Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks December st In Device Manager nbsp nbsp Note Prior to a new title launching our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8 bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver As a result you can be sure you ll have the best day- gaming experience for your favorite new titles Game Ready Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Just Cause and Rainbow Six Siege Release Notes PDF Desktop - Game Ready Driver Release Notes v Notebook - Game Ready Driver Release Notes v Control Panel User's Guide

A:Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8

Currently experiencing some sporadic problems with this driver. Basically, I get pink/purple artifacts across the screen and then the system locks up. Sometimes it is able to recover, but sometimes it automatically reboots. It's not the card, as it is working perfectly in the other OSes with the latest appropriate drivers.

Been checking the NVidia forums about this, and I'm not the only one with this problem: Windows 8 Graphic Glitch - NVIDIA Forums and Windows 8 Consumer Preview Geforce Desktop/Notebook Driver Information - NVIDIA Forums - Page 6 describes the symptoms I'm getting perfectly.

It should be pointed out though that issues were present with the graphics drivers with the Beta versions of Windows 7 as well (not necessarily the same issues, but issues nonetheless). Hopefully, these will be ironed out over time.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4884-latest-nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I was running my pc for months fine with everything working fine, I am playing mafia 2 but everything is in black and white and kinda of blurry, so I go to the nvidia website and download the lastest drivers for my video card, after I intall them, I reboot and windows freeze at the windows logo screen, is obvious the drivers, but anybody could tell me if I can do something to solve this and make the computer run with the new drivers???

System:

Dell Optiplex 745
Intel core 2 duo 1.86GHz
2 Gb Ram
XFX 8500GT 512MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

older nvidia drivers 257.21 (working fine) - new nvidia drivers 258.96 (freeze at start)

p.d. (I know is a crapy system to be running Mafia 2 on)

THANKS!

A:Windows freeze at start after installation of new nvidia drivers

Welcome to Seven Forums. Obviously the new driver isn't playing nice with your card.
If you can boot into safe mode I would suggest to, and then remove the new driver>reboot and re-install the older driver.

You might even want to try different drivers and possibly find one that works best with your card. heres an older one you might want to try http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forcewar...load-2525.html

It has been suggested to use a program like Driver Sweeper after you un-install the old driver to remove any remnants of the driver you have just un-installed before installing a new one.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...up)_d1655.html

Sometimes they make changes in the new drivers that don't seem to work well with certain video cards. Especialy older ones or medium cards. Their focus is more on the newer GTX series cards, and sometimes can creste unforscene problems with other series cards
I would have to compare the release notes on the new driver to even try and guess at what might be causing the issue. You just never know.
It's kinds like back to the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I realize you were probably hoping for some increase in performance with the new driver only to find out for some reason it's causing you problems.
Sorry but that's about all I can think of.

I would also like to add that whenever I download a new driver or app I like to create a restore point.
That way once I have removed the driver/app I can easily restore my system to it's previous state.
Maybe someone else might have a better explanation for you, so we'll see.Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/110851-windows-freeze-start-after-installation-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

WHQL NVIDIA DRIVER
   Information
Version: 365.10
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : May 2nd 2016
In Device Manager: 10.18.13.6510

Note
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you?ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Battleborn, Forza Motorsport 6: APEX Beta, Overwatch Beta, and Paragon Beta.

Release Notes: (PDF)
Desktop - Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v365.10)

Notebook - Game Ready Driver Release Notes(v365.10)

Control Panel User's Guide

A:Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, and I have an update downloading for it that was released 1/30/2015 if WU is to be believed but I cannot see which version this update is supposed to be. I have had graphic card updates fail a lot in Win10 so will update on how this goes.

*Update NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT does not seem to be new enough to be included in this update. Win7 is the latest OS it supports. bummer...

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/5696-latest-nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

NVIDIA has rolled out a new WHQL driver update specifically targeted at Windows systems This particular update focuses on GameWorks VR WHQL releases drivers GeForce for NVIDIA Windows 361.43 10 headset adding tweaks and bug fixes with the NVIDIA releases GeForce 361.43 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 driver description stating NVIDIA continues to work closely with VR headset and game developers to deliver amazing VR games and applications This Game Ready driver includes the latest GameWorks VR tweaks bug fixes and optimizations to ensure you have the ultimate VR gaming experience In addition support has been added for quot GameWorks VR including VR SLI support for OpenGL applications and support for the latest Oculus SDK quot Some Windows users have not had the best experience relating to the display driver while upgrading to the new OS however many of these issues have now been addressed so it s worth grabbing the update for your system You can grab either the - or -bit drivers at the links below Download -bit mb or -bit mb WHQL driver for Windows Nvidia drivers and Windows have been an adventure to say the least This update is newsworthy as this update is promised to fix some of the issues plaguing Windows and past drivers nbsp

A:NVIDIA releases GeForce 361.43 WHQL drivers for Windows 10

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have been using Wagnard's DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) for years now to do actual 'clean' installs of the Nvidia drivers each and every update and life has been much happier. Great especially if a new release screws up and you want to cleanly go back to the previous driver. Much more thorough than picking 'clean' install from the nvidia installer tool, and safer than letting than letting some generalized registry cleaner at your registry.

It was the goto solution for the many people who could not get Fallout 4 running on release day. It won't work in every single case, of course, but nothing is guaranteed.

If you want to check it out (it's free and highly regarded by gamers) he posts new builds in his forum at: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Download & Support - Wagnardmobile Forum

You'll also find it on various download sites but I get mine direct from his forum for safety.

Here's his description of what DDU is and does:

"What is Display Driver Uninstaller?
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely remove AMD/NVIDIA/Intel graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, and the driver store).

The AMD/NVIDIA/Intel video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or whenever you need to thoroughly delete Intel, nVidia or ATI/AMD video card drivers.

The current effect after you use this driver removal will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
This tool acts similar to what other driver cleaner programs do + the extra mentioned above.
If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fixes those problems.

It is important to do a system restore point before as with any tool like this one, it is better be on the safe side and have a backup."

source: What is DDU? - Wagnardmobile Forum

A good case in point is a fresh Windows install which now installs an out of date and generalized Nvidia driver. I let all my updates finish, then I run DDU and it drops me to safe mode where it removes all trace of the installed driver, restarts and I am free and clear to cleanly install the newest driver with the options I choose (goodbye 3d stuff I don't use, goodbye Nvidia Experience)

I may screw everything else up, but I never have video driver issues =)

alternative download sites and reviews:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.2.0
Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks

and 65 pages of support questions/release notes on the official geforce forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-12-21-2015-/65/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-361-43-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.54368/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I went through all forums I could think of searching for an answer to this issue I'm having and found nothing remotely close to it so now I'm and ME!! HELP 7 Nvidia PLEASE Vizio... Drivers Audio by Windows murdered creating a new thread Here's what happened Decided to use quot Plasma Vizio tv for my monitor Connected it through HDMI to my Nvidia GTX graphics card Image was terrible sound did not work for anything but video games unless I ran the video game then turned on something else like music or a movie the sound would not work causing whatever program being used to crash So I said to myself picture isn't great enough for the sound issue and I disconnected the tv and returned to my old monitor using a VGA cable with DVI converter for the graphics card Since this terrible decision I've had a recurring issue with my sound not initializing when trying to play music or movies and Windows 7 Audio Drivers murdered by Nvidia and Vizio... PLEASE HELP ME!! sometimes even games This is what happens My system starts up and all system sounds work great Then I try to play music on Windows Media Player it loads a song continuously but never plays so I turn it off and the window closes but the process remains open in Task Manager forcing me to end its process To get sound to work again Windows 7 Audio Drivers murdered by Nvidia and Vizio... PLEASE HELP ME!! I have to go to youtube com and play a video which sometimes fails because of the same issue WMP aside some other issues that have arisen include games not starting up because of sound failure For instance Counter-Strike Source will load reach the splash screen of the main menu and will crash the splash will remain visible with a loading sign on the bottom right corner Alt-tabbing doesn't work hitting the windows button doesn't work have to end-process And again I have to go to youtube and run a video to get my sound working again Third and most irritating and unique issue is with Netflix and Silverlight When I try to stream a movie on netflix silverlight loads all parameters until actually playing the movie where it freezes because again the sound doesn't initialize I've found an odd work-around to this issue however That is to play a youtube video and then play a netflix stream movie in which case it works fine and I can close youtube and continue watching the movie This method also sometimes works with WMP and video games also Basically I think the problem lies in my video cards audio drivers interfering with windows audio drivers Now to remedy the situation I went to Device Manager and disabled all Nvidia High Definition Audio drivers this didn't help I also resorted to uninstalling my sound card and removing the card itself from my system which also did nothing I am completely at my wits end Can't think of anything else to do but post here and hope for a jedi's help PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE System Specs Nvidia nForce i SLI motherboard Intel Core Duo Processor at Ghz ghz of Corsair XMS RAM DDR mhz i think Nvidia Geforce GTX SC MB Watt Power Creative Labs X-FI Fatality Series Gaming Sound Card removed this I now use the Logitech G USB Headset good enough Running Windows Ultimate I've checked all my drivers and they are all up to date I just can't figure out what is causing my problem I will give you any info you think may help perhaps a Hijack This log Can it be some form of virus Please help and THANK YOU VERY MUCH if you do -Greg

A:Windows 7 Audio Drivers murdered by Nvidia and Vizio... PLEASE HELP ME!!

Run System Restore - choose a restore point when the system last functioned properly -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-audio-drivers-murdered-by-nvidia-and-vizio-please-help-me-557956.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi after year of wondering and not been able to install proper drivers for Windows i was left with no choice hopping over the every forum i spent lot of Geforce Drivers 6150 Solved-nvidia 8 windows Go time but finally found relief Solved-nvidia Geforce Go 6150 windows 8 Drivers when i took desicion Solved-nvidia Geforce Go 6150 windows 8 Drivers to deal with this on my own I have Hp Tx Au tablet pc with nvidia geforce go onboard yes you are right it sucks but bought in for different reason i am designer well thats offtrack i have not tested this on other laptops with same graphics card but most probably this will work I have managed to alter inf for the latest V nvidia graphivs drivers which you can get here x and x follow the process if you have windows defalut drivers installed and not working as it should and if device manager does not recognise graphics card model then install vista drvers you have already install nvidia n force drivers if required why--it will detect the card as nvidia simple Download extract the drivers to C nvidia Find and replace the disp inf file the display drivers folder Go to device manager and update the driver using quot have disk method quot It may show warning that it not digitally signed ignor and move you may have to restart if drivers not applied you will be able to run windows smoothely nv disp rar for detail tutorial on how to mod inf file go here let me know if it works and have any queries i dont do this usually i just wanted to share this cause i have been seeing lot of people are in need thanks

A:Solved-nvidia Geforce Go 6150 windows 8 Drivers

Hi Pinkpanther..great looking post..I am having similar problems with NVIDia GeForce GO6150 drivers while trialling Wn8 enterprise -64 on my HP pavilion tx1340ea...

I wonder whether you could give me a little more assistance?

I have followed instructions above
1)v6 306.97 x64 drivers downloaded to desktop. extracted with 7zip to E:\NVIDIA (am on a multiboot)
2)nv_disp.rar downloaded to desktop extracted with 7zip and nv_disp.inf copied to display.drivers folder
3)go to device manager and update driver using have disk method.

.ok so far, but during update process asks me to identify my graphics card from a drop down list in which my NVIDia GeForce GO6150 does not appear?

Can you advise what I should do?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/12389-solved-nvidia-geforce-go-6150-windows-8-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers NVIDIA Driver Downloads Page WHQL NVIDIA DRIVER nbsp nbsp Information Version 7 Latest NVIDIA Windows ForceWare Drivers Video Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks August th In Device Manager nbsp nbsp Note Only for GTX models This driver is aligned with the launch of our newest GPU the GeForce GTX This new GPU has been designed to deliver the best performance in its class and incorporates the same advanced technologies found in our latest Maxwell architecture New GeForce GPU Supports the new GeForce GTX GPU based upon the second-generation Maxwell architecture Game Ready Driver Release Notes v Control Panel User's Guide WHQL NVIDIA DRIVER Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7 nbsp nbsp Information Version Release Date for Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7 Desktops and Notebooks August th In Device Manager nbsp nbsp Note Just in time for the preview of Ashes of the Singularity this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience This driver also supports the Beta version of the GameWorks VR software development kit SDK As a result users will be able to enjoy the benefits of GameWorks VR with supporting applications and headsets for the first time Game Ready Best gaming experience for Ashes of the Singularity preview GameWorks VR Support Supports Beta release of GameWorks VR SDK including support for VR SLI Context Priority Direct Mode and Front Buffer Rendering Release Notes Desktop - Game Ready Driver Release Notes v Notebook - Game Ready Driver Release Notes v nbsp nbsp Note Don't forget to update your WEI Windows Experience Index - Update or Refresh Score after updating the driver

A:Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7

Hello Brink.

I just tried to update to the same 178.24 driver that I'm currently running on my Vista and it seems it won't allow it.......Any ideas?

Later Ted

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/602-latest-nvidia-forceware-video-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a windows laptop with nvidia dedicated graphics using nvidia optimus and an external graphics tablet genius g-pen f Recently I optimus Nvidia windows drivers and conflicts tablet noticed that when Nvidia optimus and windows tablet drivers conflicts running some software that using dedicated graphics and closing it then the dedicated graphics is still active indicated by the tray icon After some exploration I found that the process which using the graphics belongs to the standart windows tablet tools or I assume so because it's path is program files common files microsoft shared ink and called tabtip exe Closing it results in instant restart of this process Nvidia optimus and windows tablet drivers conflicts but the graphics are going off I've checked this file on virustotal the results are Deleting the tablet drivers makes system stop using this process and the problem goes away but obviously this is not a solution The drivers itself seems to conflict with a lot of things I had some problems with my sound when using these drivers there was no sound in my system after booting my system with some tablet-related services and remained disabled even after Nvidia optimus and windows tablet drivers conflicts killing the process but was solved by disabling the service Reminding that the standart windows tablet exe causing this problem not the rd party drivers to avoid confusion Sorry for my bad english

A:Nvidia optimus and windows tablet drivers conflicts

Well, turns out that older version of the driver (4.3 in particular) works just perfectly. No problems with graphics and sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/372186-nvidia-optimus-windows-tablet-drivers-conflicts.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently installed Windows and it turned out that I could'nt find suitable drivers for the graphics card of my laptop which is GMA part of Mobile Intel Series After a bit of reading I found out that many others are Intel Graphics x64 4 Windows 8.1 Series Mobile Drivers also on the same ship as me Previously I tried the drivers from Intel Download Center and the modified drivers from eightforums but both of them gave me an error which read something like 'an error occurred while registering one or more components' Now that I have the right drivers or at least right for my laptop I am sharing them with others here I have successfully tested a software that requires OpenGL with these drivers and it works Windows 8.1 Mobile Intel Series 4 Graphics Drivers x64 great NOTES You most probably don't need a custom certificate installer I did'nt need one These drivers are digitally signed DRIVER DOWNLOAD FOR BIT WINDOWS Mobile Intel Series Driver x Version z File mb Link Dead Archive Password digitalamerica us FOR BIT WINDOWS Mobile Intel Series Driver x Version z File mb Link Dead Archive Password digitalamerica us INSTALLATION Unzip z archive Run Setup exe TROUBLESHOOTING If you run into an error telling you that you dont have the correct operating system unlikely to occur just run the Setup exe in compatibility mode for Windows Enjoy amp Cheers

A:Windows 8.1 Mobile Intel Series 4 Graphics Drivers x64

Installed this but still having some problems with graphics. Games are the best example. See attached images.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/37811-windows-8-1-mobile-intel-series-4-graphics-drivers-x64.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi.I have Lenovo Y400 with Windows 10 updage, since I've been upgraded from Windows 7. Currently I have problems with external usb 3.0 hdd because of lack of Intel chipset drivers for C216 chipset Intel HM76 motherboard. External usb hdd occasionally fails to be regonized by system and doesn't work until I uplug it and plut it again.According to Intel's community they don't support this motherboard as it is shipped as OEM for laptop manufacturers, so I'm asking my question here. Is Lenovo Y400 model already obsolete and we won't get Windows 10 upgrade with drivers ugraded?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y400-intel-chipset-drivers-for-windows-10-cause-usb-hdd/td-p/3316860
Relevancy 54.18%

I`ve got an Nvidia 7600GT card which will be upgraded to a 7900GTO next week. Do I have to remove the existing Nvidia drivers before installing?

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Geforce 8200 installed in my computer but everytime i try to update my drivers to the newest 8200 drivers. it installed Geforce 9200 drivers...
i call nvidia and they said that 9200 is the same as 8200 and the drivers will work flawless with my 8200...
well they are totally wrong. with the 9200 installed, my HDMI screen flickers all the time then if i had the 8200 drivers in....
but here is the catch...since i updated i can't remember that driver i had installed that worked...
whenever i got to the nvidia site to get a 8200 driver
they send me to the 9200 driver page.
just want to know where i can get reliable 8200 drivers and if anyone knows a good 8200 driver that was the best out of the batch of them
i know i have have high hopes
but got to ask somewhere.
Vaughn

A:Nvidia 8200 Drivers /Nvidia 9200

If you go to the File Hippo site you will find lots of past version Nvidia drivers but you might be up against it if you can't remember the driver version you want. Trial and error maybe the only way to go.
If you do decide to try different versions I'd be using driver sweeper between installing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/160238-nvidia-8200-drivers-nvidia-9200-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Windows update keeps deleting NVIDIA display drivers - how to prevent After each Windows update get the message quot your display drivers have been updated restart quot after restart only one display is showing content - the other one is blank have poor miserable relolution install NVIDIA display drivers restart re-organize my desktop in two monitors too often Windows interrups NVIDIA display driver installation sometimes Windows does allow NVIDIA install program to Windows display prevent 10 how by - deleted to update NVIDIA drivers continue each time spend - hours extra time to get back with the working system Notes a I will NEVER want MS display drivers because I have the ones from NVIDIA designed by NVIDIA b trying to deny display driver update by Windows has no effect c saving the working system and recovering ti does not help because MS does not include device drivers to be part of working system d new update in correct and guaranteed to embed MS trial to force user to use MS drivers instead of NVIDIA Is there any WORKING methods to have NVIDIA display drivers serving two monitors

A:NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

The drivers that Windows 10 install are Nvidia drivers....they just aren't the absolute latest, since Nvidia updates often. On my tower, I don't see the same issues as you, but my solution is to run the Nvidia GeForce Experience tool. It will alert you to new driver versions and download them for you. There's no need or reason to spend hours arranging a desktop. If Windows Update is installing drivers, it means it found something newer than you had originally.

GeForce Experience Tweaks your Game Settings Automatically | GeForce

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/54630-nvidia-display-drivers-deleted-windows-10-update-how-prevent.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay This combination of drivers works fine in windows vista bit boots up fine and everything Today I finally got my SSDD for my OS and a copy of Windows bit I installed it fine without error Then installed my chipset drivers that I downloaded off of Nvidia's website bit worked fine rebooted installed my nvidia display drivers rebooted now whenever I start windows up I get the flowery blue background windows logo It just hangs there and never boots However it will boot Latest post Refusing Nvidia to installing after Windows 7 Drivers fine into safe mode Windows 7 Refusing to post after installing Latest Nvidia Drivers and Windows 7 Refusing to post after installing Latest Nvidia Drivers AFTER I uninstall the display drivers though my gaming computer is going to be pretty useless if I can't game with it Relevant Info Windows bit Asus Striker II Formula with bit drivers installed x SLI EVGA Geforce TI Special Edition with Windows 7 Refusing to post after installing Latest Nvidia Drivers bit Drivers Installed I am going to try installing the motherboard chipset drivers from Asus's website to see if that helps any i believe the version number is then try reinstalling the video drivers however I dont think this is going to make much a difference If anyone out there can help Please I need it

A:Windows 7 Refusing to post after installing Latest Nvidia Drivers

No one has any answers to this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/277512-windows-7-refusing-post-after-installing-latest-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I have recently bought a new Windows system and startup hangs installing graphics 7 drivers Nvidia after on Windows am having a problem installing the graphics card drivers The store I bought it from pre-installed the OS and all the drivers and when I fired up the computer for the first time it got to the point just after the quot starting windows quot screen - the glowing windows logo desktop background appeared but the mouse pointer icons task bar start button etc did not appear and I could do nothing at that point other than turn off the computer So I restarted the computer booted in safe mode used system recovery to restore to a previous point and then I was able to start the computer properly Then using the process of elimination I figured out that the graphics card drivers were causing the hanging problem The card is an Nvidia GeForce MB The other specs for the computer are as follows Motherboard MSI H M-E OS Windows Home Premium -bit CPU Intel i Windows 7 hangs on startup after installing Nvidia graphics drivers GB RAM So how can I get around this problem with my graphics card drivers stopping Windows from starting properly I was trying to install the latest driver package available from Nvidia's website

A:Windows 7 hangs on startup after installing Nvidia graphics drivers

I had a similar problem: I downloaded the driver for my Nvidia GF 8200 M G graphics card from NVidia's website, and when I started the setup program, it told me that I didn't have required hardware or software.

To solve this problem, I suggest you to use a software called DriverMax (available from Download DriverMax and update your Windows Vista drivers, a short registration is needed after installing it) In the main window, click "Check for driver updates", and the results will be shown in your web browser. Find your graphics adapter, and download the driver for it. Your browser will attempt to download a file with a .dmx-info extension, that's only an information file, which contains, from where the driver needs to be acquired.

After adding the driver to the downlaod list, wait until it's downloaded. Then click Install drivers. After the procedure a system reboot will be required.

I hope it helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112285-windows-7-hangs-startup-after-installing-nvidia-graphics-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Diagnostic zip Report is attached I type this from my Windows bit system running the standard VGA driver I generally am pretty good with troubleshooting in the computer field but I have now spent over hours on this problem with very little luck and lots of frustration I'll try to provide as much information as possible The problem started nights ago when I was playing a somewhat-old computer game called Age of Empires The graphics are not overly intense - I nvlddmkm.sys drivers BSOD Start-up, nVidia with Windows proper on had not even maximized settings - but BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys nonetheless my screen began to flicker and I was confronted with a blue screen informing me that problem was BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys caused by a failure to read nvlddmkm sys the nVidia driver file I still have not figured out why my drivers suddenly crashed I run a pretty cool BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys system with no overclocking whatsoever I have not been able to run the drivers since so I was forced to go in to safe mode disable the drivers and boot up in normal with the standard VGA drivers So my question - how can I go about fixing this without completely reinstalling Windows I realize that by now I could have backed up my files reinstalled and copied everything over I've done that two times already in the last months and I'm really annoyed by the necessity of doing it What can I do to get my system to properly run the drivers again without reinstalling the operating system Information - Spacious desktop rig with plenty of cooling built by myself - Graphics card remains at a temperature hovering around degrees celsius - EVGA GeForce GTX TI GB -bit GDDR - Card is in perfect condition no visible damage on the exterior nor is it hot to the touch seconds after shutdown - I have never ran in to any errors with the card prior I've only had it for two months - I do not overclock - Motherboard Supermicro X SIA-F does contain onboard VGA - I am currently running this card rather than onboard VGA but with VGA drivers - I run RAID I never have experienced any problems with its status until I started to receive all of these blue screens now my second hard-drive is running in to issues giving the volume a quot degraded quot status when I first experienced the blue screen my volume's condition was fine as was it when I was first started troubleshooting This is something new that seems to accommodate my frequent blue screens This disables some extra functionality but it is still entirely operable - I am unable to perform a system restore due to the lack of recent saves - Yes I have researched this problem and tested the methods of others on various help forums including this very own What I have tried and what happened - Reinstall proper drivers to no avail - Completely wipe nVidia from my system then try a reinstall to no avail - Run a Windows Update to upgrade the drivers cannot update - Search for drivers in the Device Manager to no avail - Upgrade Windows literally right after everything finished I was told that my system is illegible for an upgrade though my system seemed ready according to their tool - Repair my drivers via System File Checker no faults found - Expand via cmd prompt the nvlddmkm file from the driver installation in to the actual driver manually to ensure that the file is up to date no change - Ensure that I am not running in Aero Mode apparently this is incompatible without the proper drivers did not work - Completely unplug my system to no avail - Talk very sternly to my system to no avail though I do question my sanity more than I should now Any ideas Any and all help is appreciated My freetime has been swallowed by this dilemma I will update my post with additional information when appropriate it is more than likely I have left out or misaddressed some information due to the hastiness in which I wrote this Thank... Read more

A:BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys

Fuzzwolf,
Point 1:
Help us to help you by filling in your system specs and here is how:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
? Manufacturer and Model OR Custom build.
? ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

With Speccy, you can select with your mouse/touchpad info from the display
and paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

=====================================
======================================
After that is out of the way,
then if you are getting BSODs,
then
Post in the Crash and BSOD forum.

You will be expected to:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Your system specs will travel with you wherever you go on SevenForums.

========================================
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252943-bsod-proper-nvidia-drivers-windows-start-up-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Windows update keeps deleting NVIDIA display drivers - how to prevent After by NVIDIA Windows deleted update to drivers display 10 prevent - how each Windows update get the message quot your display NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent drivers have been updated restart quot after restart only one display is showing content - the other one is blank have poor miserable relolution install NVIDIA display drivers restart re-organize my desktop in two monitors too often Windows interrups NVIDIA display driver installation sometimes Windows does allow NVIDIA install program to continue each time spend - hours extra time to get back with the working system Notes a I will NEVER want MS display drivers because I have the ones from NVIDIA designed by NVIDIA b trying to deny display driver update by Windows has no effect c saving the working system and recovering ti does not help because MS does not include device drivers to be part of working system d new update in correct and guaranteed to embed MS trial to force user to use MS drivers instead of NVIDIA Is there any WORKING methods to have NVIDIA display drivers serving two monitors

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/54630-nvidia-display-drivers-deleted-windows-10-update-how-prevent.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm not sure if this belongs in Drivers or here but I'm having an issue with the video drivers upgrade, Compaq nVidia Windows can't 7 card drivers Presario use on my laptop It's an HP Compaq Presario V series v according to the limited tech support I received The Compaq Presario Windows 7 upgrade, can't use nVidia card drivers laptop was purchased in ' and originally ran Windows Vista however I upgraded to Windows Ultimate bit a couple of days ago and have had an issue finding compatible drivers namely a driver for my nVidia graphics card HP's website has the drivers for XP and Vista but want to charge me to get compatible drivers for a one-time use I've read on other forums that it is possible to take the non-manufacturer drivers and modify the INF files to work but I'm inexperienced with that sort of stuff Can anyone offer some advice or walk me through this The card is an nVidia GeForce If there are any other details I've left out I'd be happy to add them Thanks in advance EDIT In the event that I can't secure the proper drivers does anyone know if Linux is an option for such a machine Or would the same driver issues be present

A:Compaq Presario Windows 7 upgrade, can't use nVidia card drivers

Try these drivers,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.62 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/209394-compaq-presario-windows-7-upgrade-cant-use-nvidia-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 53.75%

This started about a month ago when a system restore completely mucked up my computer. I've managed to fix most of the problems (NoelDP is a wizard) but I can't get past the start up screen with the Nvidia drivers enabled. I think I managed to get past it once after a clean install but then I kept getting BSODs. It could be an outdated BIOS (when I click on @BIOS in the GIGABYTE folder in 'All Programs' I get a BSOD) but I really want to know if there are more options before I start mucking around with BIOS flashing.

The graphics card I have is a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 and I've done clean installs of at least 3 different Nvidia driver versions.

A:Windows won't get past Start Up screen with Nvidia drivers enabled.

Nakitu mate this is the right driver for the card - not the top one as it is beta and I would if I were you dump the AVG and pick a different security.

Drivers | GeForce

Best Free Antivirus Software - I would personally not pick AVG or MSE from this list

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313640-windows-wont-get-past-start-up-screen-nvidia-drivers-enabled.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've just refit my old computer in a new case as a present for my step-son. It has a new hard drive and a fresh install of Windows XP Home. I installed all the motherboard drivers, restarted and then installed the nvidia graphics drivers (the latest ones downloaded from the website) and restarted again.

I got the windows logo on the black screen and the blue bar went accross as normal. Then the screen went black and the a 'lighter black' (if you know what I mean) and I got the cursor thats a pointer and an egg timer - sometimes this screen will stay for a maybe 30 seconds and then the computer will reboot, other times it will just stay at this screen until I press the reset button.

It will boot in safe mode and vga mode. If I uninstall the nvidia drivers, it boots fine again.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I hope someone can help me I'm not overly techy so I've give you as much info as I can Trying to do a clean install of Windows Ultimate on brand new pc with this spec Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard Asus 7 Idiot BSOD/nvidia installing Ultimate Windows drivers P P TD Intel P chipset x DDR PCI-E Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Memory GB DDR mhz x GB Hard Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Drives GB S-ATAII Gb s Optical Drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT GB Sound card Onboard Audio PSU W Monitor Viewsonic VX wm lcd display Initially I got quite a way through the installation then it came up with an error saying the computer closed Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers unexpectedly and had to restart to continue installation I had got my monitor connected to the nvidia gt via divX Said Ok pc shut down then restarted with exactly the same message Read up on the Net and said that it could be the nvidia card so got to device manager and removed drivers so it had to use standard vga drivers and switched to the vga connection on the graphics card I dont' have onboard graphics on my motherboard Well now it doesn't have the old problem it has a new one I am booting straight from the dvd drive and it lets me get to the Windows install page I select custom install and it gets to anything between and of expanding the files second stage on list and then it blue screens with various errors the last one being this STOP x E xc x x B x fltmgr sys address base at Datestamp a bbf Have tried ringing the tech support from where I got the pc but they say they don't support windows yet CD that has come with the pc for the motherboard says that it is windows ready but that probably doesn't mean anything Any help would be very much appreciated as it is driving me insane Like I said I'm not a techy so treat me gently please Thanks very much

A:Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers

Hi powerjen ... welcome to the forums... Navigate to c:/windows/minidump and zip up the .dmp files and upload them for analysis...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29931-idiot-installing-windows-7-ultimate-bsod-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop and I recently upgraded from Vista Ultimate x to W Ultimate x and my Nvidia GeForce M GT GPU is acting up So I dug around for drivers and I came up with this link NVIDIA DRIVERS WHQL I am posting this here for anyone else who might be facing this problem my model is the VGN-AR ZU but this covers all models and it basically says there are no W nvidia drivers for sony vaio yet Go to supported models and scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the following note - gt quot The following notebooks are not supported in this release Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power with Intel chipsets Vaio drivers windows GT 7 GPU 8600M Nvidia GeForce Sony Fujitsu notebooks support will be added in a later release Fujitsu Siemens FSC notebooks are supported in this release Sony VAIO notebooks support will be added in a later release Sony VAIO Windows users can click here for driver update Sony Vaio Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT GPU windows 7 drivers support Any notebook that is launched after the release date of this driver quot Clicking the here link directs you to the japanese sony vaio and that in turn directs you to the european for me club vaio page the most useless in this case None of those link to any actual W driver support Given that models are region based I don't suppose there are drivers for european models from any other region so unfortunately we must wait I hope it's not very long I hope this helps just wanted to inform people Have fun all Octarin

A:Sony Vaio Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT GPU windows 7 drivers

Here you go: NVIDIA DRIVERS 257.21 WHQL they are the latest drivers.

Your the 3rd person this week who has thought 197 is the latest drivers.... what the hell is going on on Nvidias site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/86678-sony-vaio-nvidia-geforce-8600m-gt-gpu-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hy all again this is not related to Windows Vista Or Windows it might work on them too it Workes on windows XP So i installed on my laptop windows xp professional Sp and it all went fine i installed my drivers i eaven installed all the windows updates and some programs i noticed when i restart my windows xp takes ages to log in I pres my user icon to log in i input the password and it just taking like - seconds to go to the desktop and no it doesnt goes to the desktop it kinda loads the desktop slow windows SOLVED down drivers startup !!! WiFi Intel butt it takes ages for the icons to show upp like - minutes and after only thaaat i can use the computer and that PISSED ME OFF first i didn t know what was the problem afte a numerous days and uninstalled some programs i found out that the little intel Wireless program that i installed caused the Intel WiFi drivers slow down windows startup SOLVED !!! problems it was a INTEL Intel WiFi Link and Intel WiFi Link program So what i did to make my windows Xp startup to be normal Intel WiFi drivers slow down windows startup SOLVED !!! Do the following Uninstall the Intel Wifi Software restart computer laptop Costumize install the software and uncheck all softwares that cames with the package only leaving the quot Intel R WiFi Link Driver quot checked check the picture that i uploaded After that when you are done restart the machine Now voila your windows XP goes in your user in - seconds u dont have to wait for it like and a half minutes to load the user profile Now this is working on Windows Xp all Xp sp sp sp the cause was the intel WiFi software program for some reason it loaded extreamly slow when accesing the user profile Now it might work on other Windows versions like Vista or Seven im not sure with it but if u have this kinda problem just try my pases -Uninstal -Costumize Install -Reboot -See if it works Thats it bbye all Roli - Oradea

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271996-intel-wifi-drivers-slow-down-windows-startup-solved.html