Windows Support Forum

Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Q: Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Hello, im looking to build my own home surveillance system to act as a DVR with cameras. im looking to build it inside a normal midtower computer case. but I want all the cameras to be hooked directly to the computer and have a few terabytes of storage. some lists of ideas and/or builds you would like to share would be ideal.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Have you contacted NSA?

P.S.
Ignore my stu-pid attempt at humor, I couldn't resist with all the NSA news going around. I'm sure someone with actual experience will join in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance-system-custom-build-ideas.194183/
Relevancy 73.1%

Here is my setup that I need to design a network for This is for surveillance of some very expensive electrical equipment - Video cameras one quot data station quot which would need a Cat but it transfers VERY little data I m trying to figure out how I should do this Option -Have my video control unit very close Cat5 run maybe) on Need for surveillance (Fiber ideas - 700ft repeater video to 700ft Cat5 run (Fiber maybe) for video surveillance - Need ideas on repeater the cameras - output to a switch or router -Data monitoring station location - connect to switch or router -Run a single Cat from switch or router meters add repeater - another m Cat to the home base network Option -Run all camera cables m to repeater another m cable to home network and video control unit - connect video control unit to home network -Run Cat for Data Station m - repeater m Cat - gt home network switch or router Option will have a lot more cable but the Video control station and Data Station will be in-house This will require a lot more wire Option makes me have to locate the video camera control unit - ft from the house in some locked or underground box with the rest of the electrical equipment My question is can I use a router or a switch as a repeater I don t see why I couldn t It may not be the best way to do it but I remember at one company I worked for they quot daisy chained quot switches off the central network What would you do and have any of you set up a long distance run like this or has anyone done video surveillance I see that fiber will do the distance Can anyone point me to a good fiber optic tutorial or tell me what I would need to do a fiber run PS - Wireless isn t a very good option There are a decent amount of trees in the way and a - ft pole would have to be erected which I would like to avoid nbsp

A:700ft Cat5 run (Fiber maybe) for video surveillance - Need ideas on repeater

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/700ft-cat5-run-fiber-maybe-for-video-surveillance-need-ideas-on-repeater.911651/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I am hoping that someone can help me out with my BSOD problems My PC crashes once or more times a week as of recently and I can't seem to figure out the problem on my own It always seems to crash when not under any stress but it has once or twice while gaming as well It is a custom build that I completed just around or months ago Everything I bought for the PC was BSOD on x64 home build custom win7 prem. Frequent brand new and I bought an OEM Windows Home Premium bit copy from newegg that I installed on my SSD boot drive I have mm case fans plus two more attached to my Corsair H liquid CPU cooler so overheating is never a problem Ive attached the zip file as instructed by the posting guide and hopefully you guys can lend a hand with the problem Thanks CPU AMD x T RAM Corsair Vengeance gb GPU Sapphire Flex Radeon always using monitors in extended display eyefinity modes PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M w MB Asus M a Let me know if any more info is needed Thanks EDIT forgot to mention in the performance report it Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64 says no virus scanner is found but I do have Norton Anti-Virus installed

A:Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's recently. Here's the information that I've compiled:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum

Running Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 memory dumps (23 total)

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Lot's of STOP 0x124 errors in the memory dumps. These are primarily hardware problems - but can be caused by compatibility issues, low-level driver problems, or even malware. If the things that we suggest here don't work, please start with the free hardware diagnostics here: Hardware Diags

23 memory dumps
20 were STOP 0x124 errors
The only possible compatibility/low-level driver issue would be the AMD OverDrive driver.

Quote:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
Please uninstall the AMD OverDrive program as it can cause BSOD's on your system.
If it's the stand-alone app, uninstall it via Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
If it's in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center, you can uninstall it using the AMD uninstall tool (or uninstall the entire AMD VISION Engine Control Center application through Control Panel

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

I installed the latest Catalyst drivers today, and they didn't install the AMD OverDrive driver - so my current recommendation is to:
- download the latest ATI drivers for your video card from the ATI website.
- uninstall ALL ATI stuff from your system using Control Panel...Program...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded drivers.
- monitor for further BSOD's.

Beyond that, it's time to run the hardware diagnostics discussed above.

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs:
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211574-frequent-bsod-custom-build-win7-home-prem-x64.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi It s old but has worked solidly for a while until recently when it did something very odd The system failed, build system but why? Custom has Intel Pentium D ghz with a Gigabyte GA- I motherboard Nvidia OC GPU gb Corsair Custom build system has failed, but why? Ram and three hard drives All working fine until Custom build system has failed, but why? one random day System shuts down Reboot fails Realised it s rather hot Custom build system has failed, but why? Booting up now the CPU runs at heating up until it gets to about deg before I get nervous and shut it off Power consumption via a Zalman MFC shows its using as much power as it can with just the CPU Ram HDD and nothing else booting into BIOS I m going to re-try it tonight to get some proper figures but why is it stuck at max power It takes about mins to completely overheat enough to boot into an OS Linux then complain and shut down again Any ideas that I could try I have tried unplugged all unecessary items removed cleaned and applied new thermal paste used onboard graphics GFX card different drives swapped RAM and also reset the CMOS Not sure if this is the same as flashing the BIOS does that revert it back to factory settings nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

i've had 2 BSOD's in this month on my new computer. They're about 2 different things and i'm inexperienced at fixing crashes. i've opened the .dmp files in Win Debug but i really don't know how to use the information it's giving me. This forum has helped a ton of people and i hope that it will help me as well. I have attached the .zip file in this thread as your forum rules say. if you need any additional information, contact me in a comment to this forum. Thank you. (the attachment thing in this forum is wierd)

A:BSOD, Custom Build, about usbhub.sys and other probably system driver.

ok the probably system driver thing might be incorrect
this is ALL the information Debug gave to me (its not a lot):

Code:
fffff880`0691d000 fffff880`06970a80 lvrs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: lvrs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvrs64.sys
Image name: lvrs64.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jan 17 22:40:36 2012 (4F166964)
CheckSum: 00061E9E
ImageSize: 00053A80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293288-bsod-custom-build-about-usbhub-sys-other-probably-system-driver.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently built a new system with my father and he has been having random BSODs with always a different error from day one.

Unfortunately he tried to re-install so all I have is one .dmp file since the re-install.

0x7E dxgmms1.sys was the last one he encountered, I have an email with the other errors he got BSODs from:
0x7E aswmonflt.sys
0x1A ntoskrnl.exe
0x1A ntkrnlmp.exe
0x24 ntfs.sys
0x3B ntoskrnl.exe
0xF4 ntoskrnl.exe
His system specs are in my profile also.

He tested his RAM with memtest86 for 5 hours with no errors he said.

Thanks in advance.

A:Random BSOD errors, new custom build system, tried reformat.

There is only one crash dump, which is not very informative itself.

It also appears that you already have uninstalled Avast which did not help.
But you havent employed an antivirus back. Which is not healthy. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Now, as you reported for versatile BSODs, better we take a memory test. Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result. Further actions will be needed depending on the result.

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88007811d48, fffff880078115a0, fffff80002ac4fc4}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+54 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361869-random-bsod-errors-new-custom-build-system-tried-reformat.html
Relevancy 67.08%

First of all I must apologize about my limited English I'll try to do my best to explain my situation because I really need help I usually prefer to look for solutions by myself because I think it's a good way to learn but this time is different after hours reading posts and more posts I can't get rid of BSODs and I'm going mad I decided it was time to buil a new system and use the old one as an HTPC so I bought all the parts three weeks ago and started New installs. Always build BSODs. system. clean random 60+ custom I always build my custom PCs so I never imagined that this was going to be my worst nightmare All the parts were brand new I started with a different graphics card instead of the one below it was a XFX HD Mb Heatpipe new too I wanted to use the TB HDDs New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. together in a RAID New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. for my pictures music and documents and the GB one only for OS programs downloads The first thing I did was to upgrade the BIOS to the last version F from the motherboard manufacturer's site Then I entered BIOS setup and enabled RAID for the SATA connectors of the AMD New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. SB controller TB HDDs were connected to ports and and the GB HDD to port My optical drives were connected to the Gigabyte SATA controller ports After save and reboot I entered the RAID BIOS Setup utility and built the array A new reboot and I started installing Windows from the DVD it is an original retail DVD Once the OS was installed I began to install some drivers chipset USB LAN Audio All of them were the last version I found in Gigabyte's site The last driver I installed was the GPU and it was the last version of the Catalyst Software Suite from AMD's site After the reboot I started with Windows Updates First pack was about different updates so I let the pc download and install them and in some moment of that process I had my first BSOD I don't know if it was in the download or in the install process in the second one I suppose Since then there have been lots of BSODs in my screen They seem to be totally random because I can't find a common root for them Sometimes they appear installing updates Other times only when I am doing nothing or only reading forums I have made lots of new clean installs of Windows and I think I have tried all the possible combinations with hardware BIOS setups and hardware tests Even I ordered a new motherboard the same model and graphics card the one listed below but I always end having a BSODs just some minutes hours after the clean installation of the OS The BSODs are always different I never have with the same message one after the other I don t have all the dumps because if I get a copule of them I change something in my configuration and start again with a new clean install I took some notes of the first screens before I realized that they were very different atikmdag sys nvlddkm sys ntfs sys dxgkrnl sys win k sys luafv sys fltmgr sys SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED CACHE MANAGER and more some of them with no message or file and other I didn't annotate I'll try to explain some of the combinations and tests I have made and my last option I have tried graphics cards the new ATI and one old nvidia GT I have running in another PC The of them in both motherboards I have run memtest for hours a good excuse to go to sleep for a while with all the RAM units at the same time with only one stick at a time with only one stick in the different slots and all the tests with no errors I have installed the Windows Updates before the drivers and after the drivers and perhaps in the middle too I don't remember I have installed the ATI driver from the device manager manually unpacking the ATI display driver without installing all the Catalyst software I have connected the OS HDD to the GSATA ports and the TB HDDs too bulding the RAID with the Gig... Read more

A:New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs.

Hi and welcome,

Do the followings...
- Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
- Uninstall the Display Drivers including Catalyst Control Center
- Use Driver Sweeper to sweep the traces of the driver Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest version ATI Radeon
- Reboot into normal mode

Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3D, {fffff8800b779fd0, 0, 0, fffff8800568b69d}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+4a69d )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3d)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800b779fd0
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff8800568b69d

Debugging Details:
------------------
CONTEXT: fffff8800b779fd0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800b779fd0)
rax=fffff8800b77a9d0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8800b77aa20
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffbfa8009576020 rdi=fffffa8008685001
rip=fffff8800568b69d rsp=fffff8800b77a9b0 rbp=fffffa8008617000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa80088bbc80
r11=fffff8800b77aa38 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000001
r14=fffffa8008685000 r15=fffff8800b77ade0
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
atikmdag+0x4a69d:
fffff880`0568b69d 488b06 mov rax,qword ptr [rsi] ds:002b:fffbfa80`09576020=????????????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3D

PROCESS_NAME: VSSVC.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: a

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff8800568b69d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0b77a9b0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : atikmdag+0x4a69d
FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+4a69d
fffff880`0568b69d 488b06 mov rax,qword ptr [rsi]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmdag+4a69d

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmdag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmdag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d40a4bc

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800b779fd0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_atikmdag+4a69d

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_atikmdag+4a69d

---------

4: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`05600000 fffff880`0563e000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Sat Nov 20 23:44:56 2010 (4CE7A6A8)
fffff880`00f7e000 fffff880`00fd5000 ACPI ACPI.sys Sat Nov 20 22:19:16 2010 (4CE79294)
fffff880`040ce000 fffff880`04157000 afd afd.sys Sat Nov 20 22:23:27 2010 (4CE7938F)
fffff880`04400000 fffff880`04416000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Tue Jul 14 12:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`01646000 fffff880`01696000 ahcix64s ahcix64s.sys Fri Dec 04 14:53:02 2009 (4B186B7E)
fffff880`06067000 fffff880`0607b000 amdiox64 amdiox64.sys Fri Feb 19 04:17:53 2010 (4B7D5A21)
fffff880`04347000 fffff880`0435c000 amdppm amdppm.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
fffff880`00c83000 fffff880`00c8e000 amdxata amdxata.sys Sat Mar 20 05:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
fffff880`00c50000 fffff880`00c59000 atapi atapi.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:47 2009 (4A5BC113)
fffff880`00c59000 fffff880`00c83000 ataport ataport.SYS Sat Nov 20 22:19:15 2010 (4CE79293)
fffff880`05641... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152739-new-custom-build-system-60-clean-installs-always-random-bsods.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am thinking of installing a system to enable me to monitor the activity in and Home Surveillance around a house to monitor the safety of the occupant A contact has told me that he built a system with cameras Home Surveillance with sound for Approx and using a Home Surveillance static IP address he can keep track of activity in a vulnerable relatives house Now I would like to consider the following - The risk of someone else being able to access the system - I want to use a wireless laptop to access live sound amp images as well as review past activity stored on the server How to monitor people entering the property amp leaving - I guess two cameras mounted high points of the exterior wall would give me some help but I would need low level cams to capture faces In short I need some affordable all round surveillance for a limited budget I guess I need to cut down on the number of rooms I monitor without leaving too many blind spots nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance.81997/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Home software surveillance all and sorry if this in the wrong forum I am looking to turn one of my older computers into a surveillance pc I have two ip Home surveillance software cams right now and am looking to add more I used this software about two years ago and for the life of me cannot remember what is was called Anyway here is what I am looking for The pc that it is going to be installed on is windows the software has to be free also This software also needs to have motion sensing so it can start to record when something moves on the camera I would also like to be able to choose to save the video where I like not just on the local pc I have a private cloud that I set up that I would like for it to send the recordings I am not so much worried about accessing the software remotely as I can access the cams remotely Thank you in advance

A:Home surveillance software

No one huh? 

Thanks anyway!

I started using Ispy and it works perfectly for my applications!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610593/home-surveillance-software/
Relevancy 63.21%

Home Robots May be the Next Target for Hackers.

Surveillance bots could be turned against their users, researchers say.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-surveillance-robots-may-be-the-next-target-for-hackers.868180/
Relevancy 61.06%

Im currently staying in a small home and the geek in me wanted to install cameras that worked well with my computer so that at any point in time I could watch what was going on around my house. I thought about using webcams because they are much cheaper and tend to come with pretty decent software. My only issue is connecting them to my computer which is approximately 30 feet from where I want to install the both of them. I havent purchased anything yet but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on making this happen.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diy-surveillance-system.157333/
Relevancy 61.06%

We have recently had money stolen more than once from our shop office. I am wondering if this will work http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830137003.
I would like to hook it up in the shop and have in transfer over our home network to the house computer. The shop and house are within the home network. I think this has a motion sensor in it, so i was hoping i could get the house computer to record the video when it senses motion. I would like to just record it to my hard drive every night and and over right it after i view it. Is their software or something i can do to get this to work. Thank you

A:need help with surveillance system

Looks like it should work, and the comments suggest there is software to do motion detect that comes with it (or a better version downloadable).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-surveillance-system.634879/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All,

Well, today I found out that I might have to move again, but as I say 'out with the old, in with the new'. Anyways, I'd probably be building a house, so I could give it a custom network.

First of all, I'd need Ethernet ports in every room, preferably behind where the TV's and computers are going to go. Then, I need a wireless network for my laptop and Xbox 360. There would probably be about... 15 Ethernet ports around the house. What product should I use for both of these tasks?

Thanks,
Simon

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello First I want to say thanks for any help you can give me I hope you can figure this out for me I installed SSPro in to catch a cheating BF and it worked great for it I then completely forgot about it and never uninstalled it Now I am having issues with running out of memory all the time and when I was trying to clean up the computer remembered it had been installed I tried to open it through the run command but it gives me a error saying it can't find the file or one of it's components I found a list of different files that it uses remnents Getting System rid Pro of of the Surveillance and did a search for those and came up with - off the list I am assuming that at some point a AV caught some of the other ones and they were deleted Now I just want to get rid of the rest of these files Once again thanks for any help you can give me DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exe C WINNT system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C WINNT system spool DRIVERS W X E FATIEQA EXE C WINNT webshots scr C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Getting rid of the remnents of System Surveillance Pro Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe Getting rid of the remnents of System Surveillance Pro C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT explorer exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html mDefault Search URL hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO EBBD F - F F- A - DC-C D E A - No File BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c progra yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class f aa - - -b c -a ccdf cbf d - c program files yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB BED - E E- D -BACC- DF D - No File TB E E B- F- - ED - DEB A D - No File EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File EB Media Band - a - b-a - c a a - SystemRoot System browseui dll EB BDEADE F-C - D -BCED- A C AB F - No File uRun lt NO NAME gt uRun ctfmon exe ctfmon exe uRun googletalk quot c program files google google talk googletalk exe quot autostart uRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun Yahoo Pager quot c progra yahoo messen YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet uRun EPSON WorkForce Series c winnt system spool drivers w x e fatieqa exe fu quot c winnt temp E SED tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot mRun Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon mRun LoadQM loadqm exe mRun Motive SmartBridge c progra sbcsel smartb MotiveSB... Read more

Relevancy 60.63%

I'm looking into setting up a home surveillance system. What I want is 2-3 cameras that are linked to a DVR box that I can access remotely through My phone and laptop. I'd like to be able to look back on My laptop and phone but it is something I can do without so long as I can look at the cameras through and see what is currently going on.

I am looking to monitor a front door, a kitchen and a living room.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surveillance-camera-system.1170999/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi nw freaks - really need som hardcore IP RTSP IP cam help here I just bought a Synology NAS DS j - seems really nice and easy - even has surveillance system build in Bought two wifi IP cams last year that I would like hooked up on this NorthQ pan tilt zoom MJPEG and MPEG microphone x fps Works fine seems to be Surveillance system trouble good quality and Surveillance system trouble lots of options I believe NorthQ is a danish company Their Surveillance system trouble homepage stinks No support no forum bad manual Originally costed at sale each Synology specs doesn t mention this cam or NorthQ cams at all So no indication that it works but also no indication that it doesn t work Synologys forum user reported cam caompatibilty doesn t mention it either BUT I ve found that NQ has RTSP support which I believe is some kind of white paper standard Also of course that DS j supports RTSP MY PROBLEM is to find out how to specify Surveillance system trouble this RTSP - I think the default port on the cams RTSP port is but can this be tested with some kind of software Also can the DS J s option of receiving or connecting over RTSP be tested And are there some kind of RTSP settings I should be aware of so that I can test different settings I ve tried a lot of cams from the DS j build in list of cams and I ve tried the default IP and port and a few others from the cams specs but no combination yet is working OR Have you tried this and is it just easier to go buy a new supported cam for the DS J Thanks Kasper nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surveillance-system-trouble.1043790/
Relevancy 59.77%

Little context. My company had a Windows 7 based surveillance system that was crashing, we replaced it with a new server back in June, and now this is crashing as well.

Please see the bluescreenview capture picture. I'm really hoping to find the root cause before we go with another system.

A:BSODs on Commercial Surveillance System

Hi CCTV, click this link for the BSOD forum and create a new post there. Once you provide the blue screen analysts with the info requested in the link, they can take a look at your dumps and try to find the cause.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsods-on-commercial-surveillance-system-1019082.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm purchasing a bar and wish to have a 4 camera video sureillance system so that I can
monitor it remotely. I'm considering a system that I can buy at SamsClub http://http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=364641&fid=661802 This particular system only needs an internet connection to work. However, I know that there are other systems that can be connected to a PC set up as a server. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? What would be your reccomendations? If it matters, I have a new PC that I plan to install in the bar office that could be used as the server if need be.

A:Need help choosing Video Surveillance System

Hi,

A lot of people are using DVR cuz PCs: need upgrades and they crash some of the times, both of which would mean that recording will definitely be interrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-choosing-video-surveillance-system.610406/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a new home build system. Randomly getting BSOD.

Specs:
ASUS P6X58D-E
I7 980 3.33 GHz hex core
NVIDIA GTX 470
CORSAID Vengeance 24 GB (6x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD RAM (PC3 12800)
HD 600 GB Velociraptor (boot drive)
WD caviar 2 TB x 2 storage
WD caviar 1 TB x 2 RAID 0

I know the RAID array isn't working yet but I don't see why that would be the thing causing my BSOD.

I haven't overclocked anything yet.

Thanks for the help!

A:BSOD - new home build system. Randomly crashes.

Hi.

Update Intel Storage drivers.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...-bit*&lang=eng
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Finish with this step and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193172-bsod-new-home-build-system-randomly-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I'm a computer tech and a customer has a computer that was infected with the Dept of hacked Homeland surveillance system?? Ransomware Security Homeland Security type of ransomware virus I have since removed the virus but while I was on site at their location they were showing me the problem I see these viruses all day every day so it was nothing really new for me until the spot that normally activates a webcam connected to the computer was actually streaming a surveillance feed from a surveillance system Homeland Security Ransomware hacked surveillance system?? there at their location First thing I thought was it's hacking in to the feed through the internet assuming they had their surveillance system set up for IP viewing but they don't There is no connection directly connected or even a shared connection of any type between the surveillance system and the computer with the virus except for the fact that they both share electrical power from I'm assuming the same outlet I have never seen anything like this and I've been doing this a long time How Homeland Security Ransomware hacked surveillance system?? is it possible that it is pulling a live feed from their surveillance system when they are two completely separate units that have no ties together what so ever except power I'm really baffled by this and the customer is very upset about this because this feed needs to be very secure I have removed the virus so now their priority has turned in to securing their obviously unsecure surveillance feed What can I check on to rule out what is causing this I'm really blown away by this It's really scary to be honest I know the limits of technology really know no bounds but this is a very low end surveillance system and a standard desktop pc and I honestly can't fathom how this is even possible Please help Thanks CF

A:Homeland Security Ransomware hacked surveillance system??

Also wanted to add a side note, when it's loading the camera picture, there's at least a 10-20 second delay before it pulls the picture. Two examples... When you turn the computer on, and the virus loads up, there's a black box where the camera feed will eventually be. It stays black/blank for the 10-20 seconds, then it loads the picture that is being displayed on the surveillance system monitor. We played around with it to try to figure it out a little more, and found that if you change the surveillance system to a different camera, the surveillance system of course works as normal and immediately changes the picture, but after the 10-20 seconds on the virus window, it will then change the picture there too, to whatever you changed it to on the surveillance system. There's about a 10-20 second delay. It's just so so weird...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/homeland-security-ransomware-hacked-surveillance-system-703002.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all and thanks for reading and offering any advice I would like to start thinking about my second project build soon but as time moves on so does hardware so new for please build Ideas I am in need of some advice ideas I want to build a far superior rig to the one I have system spec is on profile and I am open to all your ideas The rig will be used for intense D art work via Poser Pro and DsMax both of which are CPU speed hungry not GPU hungry also photo editing via PS and lastly video blu ray and mild gaming games like Crysis COD Tombraider etc so graphics are important as my inch Hanns G is ready and if a great game takes my fancy I want this rig to play it on full settings with no problems just to add I am not an online gamer purely a single billy no mates stay at home gamer lol I want to OC the rig at some point above Ghz but not immediately and would like Ideas for new build please to have it pretty silent but look awesome as it will be the focal point to my office Storage is important too as both D software programs have very large runtimes and are increasing on a daily basis I would also like to dabble with SSD too along with conventional HDD s My budget is absolutely not a penny more lol Products I like and trust for good or bad are Gigabyte Intel Samsung Corsair and XfX but I am open to try new ones on your recommendations So any other questions can be answered if I forgot anything but please fire away and help me decide what I need Regards Lee So I have been looking at some options on the following - CPU Intel i or Intel i Unsure of the OC ing potential on either Mobo Asus P X Ram Corsair X GPU Asus Radeon HD Will I need crossfire for future games and if so is this card too much or would x crossfirerd be better nbsp

A:Ideas for new build please

It's always better to run one single, faster card than go for two lower versions if possible as a single card removes the complexities of running two or more GPUs. A HD 7970 running 1080p will be fine for every game you can throw at it.

Given your intended usage I'd go with a 6 core (12 thread) CPU, as long as the CPU-intensive software can utilise the additional threads of a 6-core processor. Clock speed is also important, so you'll need a high quality cooler to make the most of a higher clock speed when overclocking. I'd recommend a Noctua NH-D14 or hybrid water cooler such as the Corsair H-100i or the new H-110 cooler (though you need two 120mm fan slots in the case to fit the cooler).

You'll need to be careful with RAM heatsink clearances if you go for the Noctua NH-D14 cooler as its heatsink is known to affect clearances. Corsair XMS3 heatsinks will be perfect for clearance. If it was me I'd go for two sets of Corsair 4x 8GB (32GB) XMS3, 1600MHz which will cost you about 40 more than the single set you quoted and give you 64GB of RAM -- assuming your work applications are RAM intensive as well. To run 64GB you'd need eight RAM slots, though your current suggestion fits this requirement.

With your budget you could easily use 120-256GB SSD alongside a 7,200RPM mechanical disk with 1-4TB capacity. I will be building pretty much the same build as you shortly and intend to use a 256GB Crucial RealSSD M4 SSD alongside a couple of 4TB Hitachi Deskstar 7k4000 6Gb/s mechanical disks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ideas-for-new-build-please.189568/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys, just wondering whether I could get a few ideas in regards to what I would want to buy for a budgeted gaming PC build?

I'm looking at spending around the $1500 mark or perhaps even more.

I've currently got a Acer Aspire with a 3Gig processor, 2Gig RAM, 512Mb Nvidia (something, don't remember the code). But I'm trying to get something with abit more beef.

Any ideas are appreciated, I know people are faithful to their preferred brands and I also know that some hardware doesn't work well with others so I'd like to hear any and all ideas.

Thanks guys!

Relevancy 57.19%

I plan to build a new PC - with midrange gaming ability, and ability for some future expansion.
My uncle is going to help with the building and BIOS setup/ drivers, but he told me to find the parts within a set budget.
**edit** I just want to keep it under $900

Under $900
Case
PSU **edited
Motherboard**edited
Processor
Memory**edited
Video Card
Hard Drive - re-used 160GB
DVD burner/player - re-used
OS - Vista Home Premium

Are these parts relatively good, work well with each other, and still have room for future upgrades?

My main goal is keeping it under the set price limit with shipping and everything. Second is medicore gaming ability, and third is hoping it lasts 4 (or more) years, with some upgrades later on if needed.

Relevancy 57.19%

I currently have AMD Sempron Winfast GXK MC socket x DDR mb for Ideas and build please new tips a RAM AGP ATI Radeon x pro Ideas and tips for a new build please gb system drive gb blank drive gb sata with games etc on Basically I want to run counter strike source on a quot widescreen x res but it just feels as if it doesn t do as well as it should I think it s Ideas and tips for a new build please the CPU holding it all back If you need a new CPU you usually need a new mobo and RAM And because I only have AGP and GFX cards are now PCI-E I need one of those as well Dual core Worth it A friend of mine got one and he says they re pretty good Should I consider it Are they the same as any other build with a single core DDR Are most new motherboards in need of DDR rather than DDR Thanks I m sure I ll think of something else soon enough - Jack nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I've recently built a a computer for my sister out of spare parts. Every couple of hours it just seams to BSOD. I'm not the most skilled pc builder as I'm only 14. At first it just freezes but then it just goes to the blue screen. If any one has any suggestions to why it BSOD's or how I can fix it please help. I have included a BSOD Dump and my system spec is as follows;

Motherboard: ASUS M3N HT Deluxe (MEMPIPE EDITION)
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9550 @2.2GHZ (not overclocked)
Chip set: nForce 780a sli spp
Ram:4gb OCZ DDR2
HDD: 1x80gb sata, 1x120gb ide
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 4870 1gb

I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and I have reinstalled it twice, If anyone knows how to help please do.

A:Random BSOD on new build, Any ideas?

Here is the BSOD dump file,

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199367-random-bsod-new-build-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I'm new on this whole building computers so I would want to try. Is there any idea of any combinations for about 500-600 I want a case that is easily upgradable and no screws. I obviously need all the parts to fit in the case and everything needs to be compatabile with one another.

Thank You so much for any full lists of a combination of a computer.

A:Any ideas for a combination for a computer build?

At that price point, it's crucial to decide what the PC will be used for; for gaming, more should be spent on the graphics card. If you intend to run programs that are CPU and memory intensive, such as Photoshop or audio/video conversion, you'll want a faster CPU and more RAM. Being that there are a huge number of choices involved even in a $600 build, if you want any meaningful replies, you'll have to elaborate on the intended use of the machine. Also, $600 will not get you a powerhouse no matter what the intended use, so it's doubly important to make all your choices carefully and look for sales once you decide on your path.
Early on you must also decide whether to go with Intel or AMD, as many subsequent choices depend on this. For gamers on a budget, AMD is usually the best choice. For those requiring more computing power or faster memory, Intel CPUs are the way to go.​ I could make a comprehensive list for you (after you provide some more info), but then other users may give you an equally valid list that's completely different than mine. In the end, it takes a certain amount of research on your part​(reading reviews, articles, and user reviews on NewEgg, TigerDirect, Amazon, etc.) before you'll be comfortable making the purchases. Take your time and enjoy the process, because when it's done it's sort of a letdown; you're ready to build another one! But also each build is something to be proud of (if it works!), and all the more so if you hand-picked all the parts yourself.​ ​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-ideas-for-a-combination-for-a-computer-build.190820/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I m considering building a home theater PC with some extra holiday cash My roommate s been anxious to cut cable television - HTPC Solved: Ideas/Help? Build as an expense and switch instead to a Hulu plus membership Netflix or something more cost effective Before Solved: HTPC Build - Ideas/Help? I get into the nuts and bolts here are some things I m looking for - HDMI Very important My roommate s television is a ish inch flatscreen p television and I d like Solved: HTPC Build - Ideas/Help? the computer to have HDMI outputs on the graphics card - Price Important Cheaper the better looking to spend - Suppose I can be flexible here - Games Marginally important Girlfriend plays WoW I kicked the habit It d be a neat surprise to her if I installed it to the HTPC to play it on a big screen though - Size Not very important as I can hide even a large case I suppose the smaller the better just in case I had to move it My first action was looking at barebones kits I came up with this one which has provided a nice launchpad http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku B - That system has things I like and it has things I don t care for If I went for something like that I d probably be investing in a nicer graphics card one with an HDMI out and some power If so which graphics cards should I be looking at Here s one I m considering http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId I m not adverse to buying the parts independantly of one another I simply used the barebones as a starting place Unfortunately I get a little lost with what I want need above and beyond that This is only the second computer I d be assembling totally from scratch If you ve got any good ideas or suggestions or have completed a similar build recently I d love to hear your input Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Ok I'm just throwing this out here it's darn late hihi I have written a 'program' script which will automate a recovery system for windows full with a working bootmanager custom partitioning ramdisks custom environment winre pe and backup imaging all legal recovery OEM image system? like Custom + Easy custom and licensed according to microsoft as long as its not distributed aka single computer home end user I decided after hourrrrssss and weeeks of reading researching Easy Custom image + custom recovery OEM like system? testing failing testing Easy Custom image + custom recovery OEM like system? again reading again installing F amounts of programs running sysprep MDT WAIK dism imagex winpe winre bootsect bcdedit you name it I came to the conclusion I gotta write something up for the other poor souls around out there I'm not going into more details now but I was thinking of writing this up in c or so and asking for donations which will entitle support in the odd event it would not work in your case However to just test it all that Easy Custom image + custom recovery OEM like system? it works I wrote it in scripts batch and vbs which I realize now I never shall do again P more an OOP man myself I write programs normally so dealing with exceptions extensively in batch is just well about as time consuming as of the time I spent on R amp D on all this Anyway I am wondering given I always been used to the share way if there are people who actually are willing to donate bucks or so on a script which would take about hours max to execute to set up a total personal home recovery partition system This method lets you use a totally customised win image yours and any programs tweaks settings customisations you desire still will work fine It does not however as it stands on version b or so help with default user profile copying although you might have this sorted already nor customising your base install DVD for now That is basically why I am asking this If I'd know some of all these hours in delivering a 'complete' solution gives a bit back from donations I would be willing to make the whole she-bang meaning the whole slipstreaming or rather stripping customisation possibly the sysprepping this does raise many other issues lol good ol' microsoft p and guide to customisation with finally the recovery system setup too with a so-called mikepe custom 'winre' Im just saying I would rather make this vigourously with a far more elegant and rigid exception handling and GUI sufficiently basic probably rather than relying entirely on my batch exception handling it should be pretty fool-proof in fact for all normal users as long as one can read english as it's mainly text-based now Anyway if there are not people who have enough to donate that or rather are willing to do research for weeks I guess I'll just keep on doing this silly script method and prolly drop it in here in some weeks anyway I have never asked for anything before when it is not work related or so so I don't know if this is breaking some forum etiquette but it's just a sincere question not some demand or advertising I started this to be honest to give it in here and saw other guides really tend to forget things break dependencies or create forums with more pages of 'this didnt work why does that fail' than tanks man brilliant etc I realized even Microsoft's own documentation could be off in so many simple things enough to create hours of headache for a user new to these things sigh Reagentc exe docs as an example kind of are intermixing the methods when storing a recovery image on a partition or applying a recovery image on a partition etc Anyway this is in no way an ad for selling something it would be semi so if I actually had enough people stating donations and even pre donated for support for a proper program Else I will just keep at this script crap and finalize tests and documentation in some days or a week and then I will think about what to do Anyway I been scripting for hour... Read more

A:Easy Custom image + custom recovery OEM like system?

OKi.. update. I see now more how this program will work. shame its all working fine with .hta, .vbs and .bat.
ANyway, a full gui app will be present in windows 7 and lets a person set up all his wishes and desires for how he wishes ot have his recovery partitions system set up, incl. the option of other partitions to include in this.

When everything is done, a mikepe disk is created (a custom recovery disk which inclues a wimpe native application of this program ) which will run the precompiled settings from win 7 and will rebuild the partitions, all ready to go. It will also link this system to one single computer only (due to licensing issues and piracy protection.. I'm guessing the latter is easily hacked lol). Anyway, after that, it's all just some hours of installoing, setting up, and voila off to go.

A base windows 7 installation (no extra programs), will create a recovery partition of ~ 3 GB and will be redeploiyed all set to go with your own old account and password in less than 5 minutes.

If you add all your own programs etc, the rebuild can take up to 1 hour.

Still much faster than installing windows, changing all your settings, creating yoru account, installing all those programs... etc.

Will also I think add several boot options, as to recover damaged boot loaders, including support for adding boot entries and back up of linux, vista, xp any OS partitions. You will also be able to give the boot entries any name u fancy like:

my fancy win7 box
my rusty xp box
my crappy vista nostalgia
my lovely linux flavour
my recovery partition (SUCK)

What this program WILL NOT support (at least in 1st release) is:

support for dynamic disks
recovery of OEM partitions (well, only if it is intact, but only boot entry is corrupted, else this partition will be REMOVED, FORMATTED and REPLACED by your home recovery system).

pros: no need to pay lots when warranty has expired to reinstall a working recovery system
rebuild your boot manager
save installation time.. a one time configuration is all
option to use as a backup system of any or all partitions
rename drives and letter assignments consistently and safely
have ALL your custom programs installed in yoru recovery image instead of OEM defined layout and programs

(this is both a con/pro depending on which camp you are in?):
accessing low level kernel system, like antivirus progs, meaning meddling with the protection might lead ot serious damage of system (aka tampering with it/cracking it might be risky)

ps. ask hackers, I don't know how to hack and they seem to know it all so
cons
erm, I don't really know hmm, not compatible with OEM recovery system?
but then again, if you still have the recovery discs form OEM, they should be able to recover their system and
overwriting your own so no worries.

PPS. I have written to Microsoft to see if any licensing options to include a binary with this program, in which case, no need for WAIK either which is a bit annoying for an average home user (an additional 1.3 GB download just to get this all to run seemlessly)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/44243-easy-custom-image-custom-recovery-oem-like-system.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I am interested in an application that can create custom builds of windows 10 in a similar way that RT7Lite does for windows 7, the only application I've found so far isn't really as advanced or as customisable as RT7Lite was... I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions of apps that can do this (that preferably are free and do not require an internet connection)?
Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/22108-custom-build-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Alright everyone i ve got someone who wants me to build them a quot family quot pc I m not looking for a for you think? a custom, what Build do lot of Build for a custom, what do you think? profit off this build only asking for labor because it will be the first build i ve ever Build for a custom, what do you think? done I asked them a few questions and this is what they said Do you need Monitor Mouse Keyboard and or Speakers Monitor Speakers What will you be doing with the computer Gaming business school work internet browser etc school internet music What is your budget i dont know for Build for a custom, what do you think? sure Do you prefer Windows Vista or XP the most up to date Are you on a time limit The building processes can take anywhere from a week to almost a month to get in all parts put it together and resolve any problems that may occur during the build no time limit Alright so I went to newegg and decided to put together a list of stuff and here is what I put together for her tell me what you think Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-G M-ES L LGA Intel G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - N E processor - Intel Pentium E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor - N E processor grease - Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - N E ram - PNY GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model MD KD - - N E hard drive - Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive - N E OPTIONAL BUT SUGGESTED nd hard drive - Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive - N E cd dvd - LG X DVD R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH NS - N E case - COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UB Black Blue Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - N E power supply currently with instant rebate so - Thermaltake Purepower W RU W ATX V Power Supply - N E OPTIONAL - video card currently with instant rebate so - PNY VCG GXEB GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card - N E Building requirement - Rosewill RTK- Anti-Static Wrist Strap - N E Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit - N E Montior - ASUS VK D Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with built-in web cam - N E Speakers - Logitech S- Watts Multimedia Speaker System - N E WITH OPTIONAL HARDWARE - no extended hardware warranties Subtotal Shipping labor TOTAL WITH OPTIONAL HARDWARE with year extended warranties on all applicable hardware except speakers Subtotal Extended Warranty Fee Shipping labor TOTAL WITHOUT OPTIONAL HARDWARE no extended hardware warranties Subtotal Shipping labor TOTAL WITHOUT OPTIONAL HARDWARE with year extended warranties on all applicable hardware Subtotal Extended Warranty Fee Shipping labor TOTAL IF YOU DON T WANT TO LOOK ALL THE HARDWARE UP I PUT IT ALL ON A WISH LIST - http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber Click to Maximize I told her it may be a bit much for everything she wants and that I could lower the price a bit with different parts if she needed it but that s what I recommended for her What do you all think oops I meant in the title quot build for a customer quot not quot build for a custom quot oh well it won t let me change it now lol nbsp

A:Build for a custom, what do you think?

processor grease 8.99 - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - N82E16835100007Click to expand...

I would ditch that unless your an overclocker, which you don't look like. If you are in fact, an overclocker, I point you toward a sturdy cooler and a better processor, i'm sure the e5200 isn't going to break any records, but it is a good CPU for the price.

PNY is not know for their quality or performance, actually I don't know them at all. OCZ Vista Upgrade 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2VU8004GK - Retail, but staying with the PNY seems just fine, I like OCZ more though.

The powersupply is a weak point, go with the CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail at $60.

Building requirement 3.50 - Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap - N82E16899261005Click to expand...

That isn't necessary but if it makes you feel better, and you don't mind buying one.

SAPPHIRE 100255HDMI Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail is a MUCH better graphics card, a little bit more expensive, the 9400 isn't very good.

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail is a superior motherboard, but it is more expensive and no doubt you could live off the one you mentioned above.

Now I don't know about the motherboard, I can't say anything about that. The price...well, you could switch to an AMD build and save some money for similar performance, and you can stick with the parts you mentioned, but mine have a better bang for the buck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-for-a-custom-what-do-you-think.126747/
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to build a custom pc primarily Custom build with audio and video work in mind I would like to base it around the LianLi PC- plus all ali case I do have some specific hardware in mind other items I need guidance see question marks Quality reliability and speed are my criteria Advice opinions recommendations etc from the experienced greatly appreciated OPERATING SYSTEM Windows XP Professional with SP incorporated Soundcard Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music PROCESSOR Intel Pentium Ghz Mhz FSB LGA case with mb cache PSU Seasonic S - HDD Samsung SpinPoint P S gb sata mb HDD amp Gb Seagate Barracuda RPM Custom build MB Buffer Graphics Card HIS X GT Ice Q Turbo MB PCI-E RAM GB DDR Dual Channel Mhz memory MOTHERBOARD Intel D XCV Extreme ATX X Express Chipset CPU Heatsink Gigabyte G-Power Cooler Pro Cooler Master Blue Ice CD ROM Plextor PX- A x x IDE DVD ReWriter Plextor PX- sa or sa Akasa All in one AK-ALL- I will also need some kind of network card so this machine can talk to my other pc Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

i am planning on building a custom desktop for my self and im wanting to try to get as much performance out of the newest i5 processor. this will be my main gamming/meida serving computer
parts im looking at
cpu intell i7 3770k
ram 16gb 2400mhz
gpu 2x gtx 660 ti
motherboard asus rampage iv 79
hard drive 1x 60gb ssdd 1x 500gb 7200rpm
os win 7 ex
cooling custom liquid cooling

my biggest question is weather or not the i7 3770k is worth the almost 50% increase in price. are there any conflicts in the hardware ive listed. how is the performance with the equlivent amd micros??? please no fanbois, i know the whole amd vrs intell war and would like to keep away from the war and get real info, i want info from real world users. ive also heard that the amd processors are better for gamming, Is this true, are there and benchmarks to prove this.

Relevancy 54.18%

Kinda new to the Custom Build game anything i should add change to this all input is welcomed I know all the URLs are tiger direct but Custom Build that was simply for a quick splash page on each item ill probably do more price comparisons after this gets finalized Mother Board and Processor --EVGA nForce i SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core Quad Q Processor GHz OEM http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Graphics Card -- XFX GeForce GT Video Card - Alpha Dog Edition MB Custom Build DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDTV Variable Fan Speed http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku P - lt X gt RAM -- Sets Corsair XMS DHX MB Dual Custom Build Channel Custom Build PC DDR MHz Memory x MB http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Case --Apevia X-Jupiter G Type ATX Full-Tower Case - Clear Side Front USB and FireWire Ports http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt PSU --OCZ GameXStream -Watt ATX mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI-Ready Active PFC Power Supply http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt HDD -- Seagate Barracuda GB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt X gt CD-Drive -- Sony DRU-V S BR DVD Rewritable Drive SATA - x DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD-R x CD-RW x CD-ROM Black http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku S - lt gt Monitor --ViewSonic VA w quot quot View Widescreen LCD Monitor - ms WSXGA x DVI VGA Black http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Mouse --Logitech G Laser Gaming Mouse http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt Keyboard --Logitech G Gaming Keyboard http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId lt gt nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

As this is my first custom build PC I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide http www pcmech com byopc step- -materials-required Is this guide up to date and usable I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least fps on most games the graphics quality must be around med-high My components please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else and if they aren t compatible what do I need instead I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting fps on every game like I do on my GHz laptop with gb of ram build first PC My custom Case http www amazon co uk Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming dp B NA A ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords pc cases Price OS http www ebay co uk itm Microsoft-Windows- -Home-Premium-Oem- -Bit-SP -Operating-System- -Bit- trksid p m amp trkparms algo SIC amp its I amp itu UCI BIA BUA BFICS BUFI My first custom build PC amp otn amp pmod amp ps Price Motherboard http www amazon co uk P Z -V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors dp B KZQE Q ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords atx motherboard Price CPU http www amazon co uk Intel-Graphics-BX I -Generation-Technology dp My first custom build PC B CV E WK ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Intel Core i - Price RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML rmance dp B E M TU ref cm cr pr product top Price PSU http www ebuyer com -alpine-ii- w-b-white-psu-with- mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii- w-blue Price Keyboard My first custom build PC and Mouse I have a decent mouse Razer DeathAdder so I just need a cheap keyboard http www amazon co uk Octigen-JK- amp sr - amp keywords keyboard productDetails Price Graphics Card http www dabs com products gigabyte-geforce-gtx- -ti- mhz- gb-pci-express- - -hdmi- BP html q Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti amp src Price Thermal paste for CPU http www digitaldevicesonline co uk cooler-master-thermal-grease html Price Monitor I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated http www currys co uk gbuk comput s- -led-backlit-monitor- -pdt html Price Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Western-Digital- GB- RPM-Internal dp B A M ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords gb hard drive Price DVD Drive http www amazon co uk LiteOn-IHAS - -AllWrite-Height-Internal dp B B SJZQW ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Internal DVD-RW Price CPU Cooler http www scan co uk products intel-reference-s -aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem Sound Card I m not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard http www ebuyer com -xenta- -channel-pci-soundcard-l- - c Price Not including monitor it totals around I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want gb tell me if I can get a cheaper gb RAM kit for example I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around and I m sure you will exceed my expectations Note I AM A COMPLETE NOOB I may have made a huge mistake so don t get angry and please spare me too much technical language nbsp

A:My first custom build PC

As this is my first custom build PC, I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other.
I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide (http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step-1-materials-required/) Is this guide up to date and usable?
I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least 30 fps on most games, the graphics quality must be around med-high.
My components; please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, and if they aren't compatible what do I need instead? I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting 4fps on every game like I do on my 1.8 GHz laptop with 3gb of ram...
Case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00606NA0A/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375030634&sr=1-4&keywords=pc cases
Price: 53
OS: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Oem-64-Bit-SP1-Operating-System-64-Bit-/190862643411?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo=SIC&its=I&itu=UCI%2BIA%2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=380651294248&ps=54
Price: 90
Motherboard: http://www.amazon.co.uk/P8Z77-V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors/dp/B007KZQE7Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375033864&sr=1-2&keywords=atx motherboard
Price: 85
CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Graphics-BX80646I54570-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CV3E3WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375034385&sr=8-1&keywords=Intel Core i5-4570
Price: 157
RAM: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CML...rmance/dp/B008E3M4TU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Price: 50
PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/520535-alpine-ii-600w-b-white-psu-with-120mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii-600w-blue
Price: 14
Keyboard and Mouse (I have a decent mouse (Razer DeathAdder 2013) so I just need a cheap keyboard) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Octigen-JK-...99617&sr=8-9&keywords=keyboard#productDetails
Price: 5
Graphics Card: http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-650-ti-1032mhz-1gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-8BP8.html?q=Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti&src=16
Price: 105
Thermal paste for CPU: http://www.digitaldevicesonline.co.uk/cooler-master-thermal-grease.html
Price: 2
Monitor (I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one, but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated!): http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...050s-20-led-backlit-monitor-11925669-pdt.html
Price: 70
Hard Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-250GB-7200RPM-Internal/dp/B00134A2M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101575&sr=1-1&keywords=250 gb hard drive
Price 24
DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LiteOn-IHAS120-04-AllWrite-Height-Internal/dp/B00B4SJZQW/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101823&sr=1-6&keywords=Internal DVD-RW
Price: 13
CPU Cooler: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-reference-s1156-aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem
Sound Card (I'm not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard) : http://www.ebuyer.com/48180-xenta-6-channel-pci-soundcard-l-8738-6c
Price: 4
Not including monitor it totals around 600, I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a 3gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the 8gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want 8gb, tell me if I can get a cheaper 8gb RAM kit for example.

I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around! and I'm sure you will exceed my expectations!
Note: I AM A COMPLETE NOOB, I may have made a huge mistake, so don't get angry, and please spare me too much technical language!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-custom-build-pc.194805/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello everyone,il be buying a new pc soon and i setted up the following:

CoolerMaster CASE Silencio RC-550 Black
---
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M1000 RS-A00-AMBA-J3 1000W Modular PSU
---
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (sAM3, 3,2 GHz, 6MB L3)
---
CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)
---
Gigabyte MB 990FXA-UD5 (sAM3+, DDR3, 990 FX)
---
3x Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3-1600 Dimm (1x4GB, PC3-12800, 9-9-9-24, CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
---
Corsair Dominator Airflow Fan
---
2x Sapphire 6770 Vapor-X (PCI Express , GDDR5 , 1 GB)
---
Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB HDD 3.5" (32MB Cache, 7200RPM, Sata 6Gb/s)
---
Samsung SH-B123L Internal Blu-ray Combo Drive LightScribe Sata Black
---
total value: 1.241,32

Is there anything to change,any compatibility issues or something that would match better?
Also,could you recommend me an online shop that i could get a better price?
Thanks in advance for any anwsers xD

Relevancy 54.18%

I recently finished building a pc and am trying to install the motherboard drivers from the cd that came with the board. However, when I try to do so I keep getting this error message:

"No supported drive found: Floppy 1.44mb and USB drive!"

Do you have any ideas what this means?

Thank you!

A:Custom build help

When you are seeking help you need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components. Also post the operating system.

No one can diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-help.1019786/
Relevancy 54.18%

just need someone who is good with building computers or knows enough about them to double check to make sure all my stuff will work together, here is the link to all of it in a wishlist on newegg- http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=9599334

Relevancy 54.18%

I am starting a new post continuing from quot buying advice quot post below it was getting a bit long I am seriously thinking of custom build as opposed to box build Does anyone know anything about a company called JNCS in NY This is a system I am looking at http www jncs com php sys Build Custom index php id bb-p wd -premium-cent It has an ASUS P WD mobo which has been suggested as good from the buying advice post Question For CPU choice what would be the difference between a Pent model compared to a PentD model Dual Core ghz I know the difference between and but the dual core stuff I don t know I don t know the difference between Pent and PentD as far as preformance If I do this custom build I want to do it right but I am trying to stay in the Custom Build dollar or so range Like I said in the other post I am not a gamer but I do video so I think a good graphics card would be nice Am I wrong with this assumption Also someone suggested that I might think about getting a bit system which is offered from this company along with XP pro OS but from reading it seems drivers for several products are not supported yet and that might cause a problem for a DA like me Like I might pick the wrong video card or some other hardware for the system Thanks in advance for any input advice nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I got done building my first build the end of July but thing is it has not worked since I have replaced parts checked power supplies replaced the motherboard processor etc and it is still a no go What happens is that I will push the power button the computer will remain on for maybe seconds max and then cycle build not Custom on will remain forever never staying on longer than seconds at most I get no display from the video card motherboard has no onboard graphics and only get beep codes about in times if I remove the RAM Thing that Custom build will not remain on puzzled me is that the system will remain powered on without the processor but once the processor is put in the cycle begins CPU Intel Pentium E GHz Wolfdale Motherboard MSI P Neo -F LGA Memory Crucial GB DDR SDRAM Custom build will not remain on Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB Video Card ZOTAC ZT- MEH P-FSL GeForce GS MB Case Power Supply APEVIA X-Dreamer ATXB KLW-GN Green Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX W power supply for AMD Intel Power Supply Optical Drive Samsung SH-S F X DVDR I have tried unplugging everything but the essentials nothing I have check for shorts and there do not appear to be any Any ideas Otherwise I am going to take it into somewhere and pay for them to tell me what is wrong this was supposed to be a or less build easily approaching now nbsp

A:Custom build will not remain on

Take your motherboard out and put it on a non conducting surface. Plug in the bare minimum components for turning the PC on (one stick of ram, on-board graphics instead of video card, no hard drives / cd-rom.) This will help to rule out other things.

Find someone to let you test your other components on to make sure they're OK.

Also try clearing the CMOS. Remove your battery from the mobo and keep it for about 10 minutes before putting it back in and powering up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-will-not-remain-on.135139/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I built a custom computer last summer July and started having some BSOD problems about a month ago It started out when I was playing games Starcraft and Battlefield but then it began crashing to BSOD randomly when I wasn't actively doing anything it would BSOD when I left it on overnight I assumed it was the graphics driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it worked fine for a couple weeks until it recently started crashing again It is also doing some other strange things like Shockwave crashing in Chrome and requiring a computer restart and Windows Explorer randomly crashing Help custom with BSOD, build System Specs Windows Professional bit Have not reinstalled windows AMD Phenom II X Black GHz Processor ASUS M A T-V EVO Motherboard Corsair XMS RAM Gb sticks Antec High Current Gamer W PSU EVGA GeForce GTX Gb GPU Help with BSOD, custom build Seagate TB Serial Help with BSOD, custom build ATA HD Additionally I ran the Driver Verifier and got a BSOD within minutes of logging in to Windows I booted to safe mode and loaded a system restore point I didn't see the dump file in the minidump folder however I can re-try the Driver Verifier if necessary I plan to run memtest and check the hard drive after this post Thanks in advance for the help

A:Help with BSOD, custom build

I found a missing bit in some of the registers of your CPU. This can occur from a driver bug, but very unlikely. Most often, this is caused by a malfunctioning CPU. CPU malfunctioning can occur internally (meaning a bad CPU), or externally from a bad motherboard, a bad PSU, or overheating or an unstable overclocked state.

If you have your system overclocked, please immediately reset it to factory defaults. That should be the first thing done to troubleshooting the problem. Then, you'll want to conduct a couple hardware tests:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)

These tests are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 currently does not work on the UBCD. Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/help-with-bsod-custom-build-632156.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all I m a newbie and like many here it seems my first question will be about buying or building a new PC I m not sure this is the right forum but this is where I saw the last thread on the build? Custom or Dell subject I m currently running a very old custom build I didn t make it Pentium III MB RAM MB MB HD XP Pro It was running fine but I had to wipe everything Dell or Custom build? because of viruses and accidentally reinstalled XP on the ancient MB HD so now it is tortuously slow I know it is Dell or Custom build? time for a new one anyway I would like to keep the old one as a spare around the house Maybe I will use it to try out Ubuntu I want to keep price as low as possible I have no interest in gaming Main uses are office stuff internet DVD playback music storage amp playback That said I like multitasking I am impatient and I like things snappy I might also be interested in running Ubuntu as a second OS I d like to try building my own just for the learning experience but there are some great offers from Dell and it s hard to believe I d get a price like this by building it myself For example DELL Dimension C AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Windows XP Home GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache x DVD -RW Drive inch E FP Analog Flat Panel NVIDIA GeForce LE Integrated Graphics GPU Integrated Channel Audio This is I just missed an offer yesterday where it was This includes quot LCD I m not sure exactly what I do and don t need for my purposes Could I really do any better with a custom build BTW I don t need to buy XP I already have the CD Thanks in advance for any advice Paul nbsp

A:Dell or Custom build?

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

I know what nearly everybody on TechSpot will tell you: build your own!

You can look at the Dell and say, "Why, it's $200 cheaper than my own build." You have to consider longer-term costs, however.

Sure, Dell is able to buy the parts and assemble the computer for cheaper than you can buy the parts. Dell is able to do this, however, by using inferior-quality parts. If you buy from Newegg, you have much better-quality parts, and better upgradability, as some parts from Dell are not compatible with other parts, the kind you buy from Newegg. Often computers bought from big companies like that don't have many expansion slots, or not the right kind, so you can't put in a good video card if you decide to game.

Also, if you build your own, you don't have all the junky preinstalled software (like Norton AntiVirus).

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-or-custom-build.75037/
Relevancy 53.75%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ult with SP1 on brand new hardware

BSOD when After 90 minutes gaming (twice now - pc under varying stress)
BSOD while playing video on VLC player (once - no stress)

Thankful for any insight you can provide.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 +SP1
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 15MB L3 Cache s2011-3
Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5 LGA2011-3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
2x Sapphire Radeon R9 270X DUAL-X BOOST OC 2GB Crossfire
500GB Crucial MX200 SSD M.2 Type 2280
Corsair H100i Water cooler with Corsair Link

A:BSOD on new custom build

Hey and welcome to SevenForums!

Please read the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371669-bsod-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have decided that I need a new PC and I have no idea what custom parts to choose; I want to build it myself, I want the best high end parts possible in an Intel build that can be overclocked when I need to. The price has to include at least 3 monitors and it needs to look EPIC like with LEDs, a case with a window etc. I have 3000-3500 to spend on it. Please help me choose the parts, if someone could find them all in one place e.g Amazon so it saves me some time. The rig is for gaming, video editing and rendering sometimes at the same time.
Thanks guys,
-UnsungHero

A:My big budget custom PC build

Wait until Ivy Bridge-E comes out in early September, a 4930K with a couple of GTX 770/780's should be within your budget.

In the meantime have a look at what monitors to get, I.e. if you want 120Hz, IPS, size, resolution, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-big-budget-custom-pc-build.195245/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good Evening,
I recently had a computer custom built at my local Fry's (not so local though..) 2 weeks ago.
On the second day, the CPU was BSOD hourly, and after bring it to Fry's, they said the power supply was bad, and they replaced it.
I'm still having issues with random BSOD and would rather not bring it to Fry's to have them trouble shoot it for a few days, replace the "bad" component, and give it back to me with the same issue.
My CPU and Motherboard temps average 30-35c even while gaming.

I'm beyond the "return" time frame and only have 2 weeks of build support left from Fry's.
Can someone please decode what the errors are saying and possibly point me in the right direction?
Thank you soooo much!
Sean

Here are my CPU specs
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...2duPWs4NcChjFo

A:BSOD on Custom Build

Hi

Your CPU seems to be overclocked and if i am not mistaken, it is intentional.

Code:
Core 0Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 46.0
Bus Speed: 100.0 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 0
Thread 2
APIC ID: 1
Core 1
Core Speed: 4499.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 45.0
Temperature: 34 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 2
Thread 2
APIC ID: 3
Core 2
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 4
Thread 2
APIC ID: 5
Core 3
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 26 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 6
Thread 2
APIC ID: 7

Overclocking is the best way to make a system unstable, crash , freeze or blue screen. First logical steps in BSOD troubleshooting is nothing but reverting any changes made to the CPU/RAM frequency and voltage modifications. You should first uninstall "Asus AI suit III" otherwise it will auto overclock the system. Then enter BIOS setup and load "optimal default values".

You should also understand the merits and demerits of OC. There are certain situations where OC will benefit. Examples are "Autocad" and video rendering works. Those programs will show improved performance in higher clock speed. On the other hand, PC games are GPU centric and even the most CPU demanding games only require a basic quad core CPU like i5. None of today's games are capable of utilizing the full potential of your CPU and hence overclocking it is absolute unnecessary. By overclocking the CPU, you will get crashes instead of FPS increase.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35286-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am currently gathering the components I need for this custom budget pc build below I ve marked items already bought so far as my money unfortunately only allows me to get the components part by part However I have a few questions regarding the build as I m still quite new to PC building will be Custom question(s) build my nd custom build Would a W power supply would be enough to power this build Or should I go for something higher I am considering using a fan controller as the case comes with fans However Custom build question(s) some of the case fans are pin and some are molex whereas the fan controller would be pin connections only I know I need a molex Custom build question(s) to -pin adapter however most adapters Custom build question(s) I ve looked at online say that they re not suitable for RPM monitoring Is there a specific adapter I should be looking for I would like to overclock the cpu a to maybe ghz Would this be possible with this motherboard and cooler BOUGHT CPU AMD FX- GHz -Core Processor CPU Cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler BOUGHT Motherboard ASRock DE U S ATX AM Motherboard BOUGHT Memory Kingston Beast GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Sandisk Ultra Plus GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB Video Card BOUGHT Case Zalman Z Plus ATX Mid Tower Case Optical Drive Samsung SH- DB RSBS DVD CD Writer Fan Controller NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller optional nbsp

A:Custom build question(s)

A good quality 600W would be fine. Good ie recommended brands; corsair [not builder series or cx] seasonic, pcpower&cooling, or FSP. Stay away from cheap pw supplies; the pw supply is one of the most critical components in the system.

Looks like a good choice of parts and should work well. My preference is for either gigabyte or asus mb however that one looks ok. As for a fan controller, you have a fan header for a case fan on the board. You do understand that you can use the mb to control the fan speed correct?

As an example, this asus board has 3 fan headers for case fans. I can tell you I use the above board with an overclocked fx8350 and it runs flawlessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-question-s.1129878/
Relevancy 53.75%

whatsup everyone.
i just wanted to ask everyones opinions about pros and cons of everything from processor, mother board, vid card, and so on. let me know what brands you like and everything, im going to build a pc so im taking any suggestions. i would like to keep it in the 800 to 1200 dollar area, and just for the tower. but let me know about everything, key boards, monitors, etc. i am going to use it for tons of gaming, and audio recording and editing. thanks everyone.
Nate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-suggestions-on-a-custom-build.576890/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I am attempting to make a Custom Theme:

I am using this tutorial to help:
http://thecustomizewindows.com/2010/...d-party-theme/

And here are some designs of what I want it to look like which I doubt I will ever get it to look like:

http://i41.tinypic.com/35lfd6a.png

I am currently trying to make the make the Folderband Black/Grey (I think that is located at 891/1033 of aeromsstyles) like Bongo has set it at:

If anyone can help me design a Custom Theme, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, Joe.

A:Trying to build a Custom Theme

Most of the theme designers use Ave's Windows7 Style Builder to create theme msstyle . After that , you may follow all the parts of the tutorial.

In our forums, Bongo is highly knowledgeable in these stuff .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/204052-trying-build-custom-theme.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey,

I'm looking for some recommendations on sites that allow custom builds to be entered. PC Specialist looks great but I want to check out my options first. The only requirement I have is that the site doesn't require you to have a Windows installation (as I don't use Windows and it saves monies).

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

A:Custom Build Sites (UK)

I think there's one company in PC Gamer magazine. As soon as I get home, I'll check it out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-sites-uk.945602/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am lookong for a possible build custom a to Looking computer new Gaming computer and I need some parts to go with them I will give my old emachine to my dad who needs a newer omputer anyway and I have a budget of around - with Shipping and Handling I have a basic layout here POWMAX CP PL- Window Black Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail ATI - Radeon X PRO MB GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Ready Video Card - Retail SABRENT SBT-SP C Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Item N E Intel BOXD Looking to build a custom computer GZISSL LGA Intel GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail Western Digital Caviar WD BB GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive - OEM LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE Model LH- W P- - Retail Item N E Comes to about Is there anything I can fix with that To make it cheaper I m basically KotOR and WoW guy not much there Should be a vast improvement over my emachine Thanks guys sw nbsp

A:Looking to build a custom computer

forgot the memory. Get a cheaper Cpu, and upgrade that vid card to at least a 7600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-build-a-custom-computer.78710/
Relevancy 53.75%

I hope I have put this in the right section Please tell me what you think It is similar to another user I found on this site My budget is up to I don t need a monitor keyboard and mouse Current PC cost is inc vat The PC is for mainly games only and I will dual boot both XP and Vista My questions are Is it a good spec Should I get a better Graphic Card Do you have any recommended changes Will my hardware work for vista Will I need a sound card or make do with the one on board Do I need a wireless network card Advice PC Custom Build - Intel Core Duo E http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp IL-E Motherboard Asus P Q Pro http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html ASU-P QP Hiper Watt http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp HYP- M Corsair HX W CPU http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp CSR-HX Seagate Barracuda GB SATA II rpm Mb Cache http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html SG- S top Nexus Caterpillar ATX MIDI Tower Silent PC System Case http www novatech co uk novatech specpage jsp NEX-CAT Samsung DVD Rom Drive http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html SAM-DVDS top Corsair Twin X GB DDR x MB http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html CSR-HX top Novatech NVIDIA Custom Build PC - Advice GeForce http www novatech co uk novatech specpage html NOV- GT Thanks for taking the time to read Seb Custom Build PC - Advice nbsp

A:Custom Build PC - Advice

Corsair HX 620W CPU
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....jsp?CSR-HX620Click to expand...

This is a POWER SUPPLY, not a CPU, and its also better than the one you selected, however it is still over kill for a single 9800gt.
I would use this power supply:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CSR-VX450

And please remind me about pounds to USD conversions........

And this RAM is much cheeper for the same thing:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CRU-B852GK

Should I get a better Graphic Card?Click to expand...

That depends on how much you are willing to pay. Maybe give us a budget?

Will my hardware work for vista?
Will I need a sound card or make do with the one on board?
Do I need a wireless network card?Click to expand...

It should work with vista but i would recommend buying Vista 64 bit then getting this 4gig pair of ram:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?OCZ-85R4G
No you will not need one, same with the network card. Though i would recommend a different motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-pc-advice.114303/
Relevancy 53.75%

so i hope this link works.. if not i guess i will go and make links for every part of my pc..

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.asp?ID=4548494

so, i have no idea what to do for a power supply, some suggestions on that would be helpful. the case is tentative, i might be modding one of my own. and is that processor good? any suggestions are welcome, thanks everyone.
Nate

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey folks here's my basic info Is Windows - bit - original installed OS on system - student version of OS counts as full retail can install on multiple machines - All components are approximately months old - Reinstalled OS recently - wks ago to see if that would fix problem did not work Other info The BSOD seems to occur when I'm playing video games but it doesn't always happen only then Thinking it was my original graphics card I RMA'ed it for a new one recieved a different card and problem still exists I also tried a different graphics card which used DX and the problem subsides a little bit the BSOD occurs but not as often I'm almost positive this is a hardware or hardware compatibility problem as reformatting the drive and reinstalling the OS didn't fix it but you folks are the experts Let me know if I forgot something or you need something else to troubleshoot Thanks in advance Josh

A:BSOD on custom build

Hi swashbuckler and Welcome.

STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

Your latest dump file blames ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows System file and is highly unlikely to be the cause.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 26 02:46:44 2010 Many people have been having issues with Catalyst 10.12, which is what you currently have installed. Update to the new version following these guidelines.
Download Catalyst v11.1.**
Download and install Driver Sweeper.
Boot to Safe Mode
Uninstall your current Catalyst SetUp.
Run Driver Sweeper to clean up any left overs.
Reboot to Normal Mode.
Install your new Catalyst SetUp.
** Note!! Any WHQLCatalyst SetUp v10.3 - v11.1 can be used except v10.12 (which is not WHQL).

Outdated Drivers. Update:

L1C62x64.sys Wed Apr 01 06:09:17 2009 Atheros Drivers. AR813x-AR815x v1.0.0.46 WHQL.rar. Under the Atheros AR81Family Windows Driver x86/x64(Win7,Vista, XP, Server 2003) header.

Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\DUMPS\swashbuckler\020611-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a49000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c86e50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 6 10:49:19.870 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:31.306
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 0000000000000001, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cf10e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
+3438616365383261
00000000`00000001 ?? ???

PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffffa8005757650 -- (.trap 0xfffffa8005757650)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80064daf60 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88002f22750
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142868-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Built a custom build this computer as follows Processor Intel i k RAM GB Corsair Vengance DDR mhz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H PSU Corsair HX Storage Intel SSD gb Case Cosmos Phanteks CPU cooler Just can not get it to work Have installed fresh copy on windows bit on to the ssd Installed all the drivers from website Updated BIOS to latest Custom Build Problems version and am still Custom Build Problems having problems Firstly when it turns on I turn it on it will then turn itself off and on off and on anywhere from - times before properly Custom Build Problems turning on and staying on what is this about Next if I install the intel hd drivers for the onboard graphics it will work fine till reboot then it ll turn on and everything will come up with errors then it will blue screen I have to go back in to Custom Build Problems safemode and uninstall the driver so I can use it Only works with standard VGA driver I then decided to put my graphics card in Nvidia GTX installed the latest drivers disabled onboard even in BIOS and this will also cause it to blue screen Next if the SSD is plugged in to the Intel chipset SATA ports on the motherboard it will crash on boot Only boots if its connected to the marvel chipset SATA ports Anyone give me any advice at all At a loss Spud Also running mem test it runs fine etc however my RAM it picks up gb but says its only mhz could this suggest faulty RAM Running test passed okay so far Will update when it finishes nbsp

A:Custom Build Problems

spudy12 said:

Firstly, when it turns on. I turn it on, it will then turn itself off and on, off and on anywhere from 5 - 20 times before properly turning on and staying on.. what is this about?! Click to expand...

I'm not going to be much help, but if it switches off immediately this is usually a sign of a major problem such as the CPU fan not spinning properly because of a cable stuck in it or something. Have you tried turning it on with the case open so you can see the CPU fan to check if it moves?

spudy12 said:

Next if I install the intel hd4000 drivers for the onboard graphics, it will work fine till reboot, then it'll turn on and everything will come up with errors then it will blue screen. I have to go back in to safemode and uninstall the driver so I can use it. Only works with standard VGA driver. Click to expand...

I've had something similar in the past with a bad driver. If there are any other/older versions of the driver on the intel website, try those.

spudy12 said:

I then decided to put my graphics card in, (Nvidia GTX 295) installed the latest drivers, disabled onboard (even in BIOS) and this will also cause it to blue screen.Click to expand...

Weird. Have you completely cleared the old drivers out just to be sure there isn't a conflict?

spudy12 said:

Next if the SSD is plugged in to the Intel chipset SATA ports on the motherboard, it will crash on boot. Only boots if its connected to the marvel chipset SATA ports. Click to expand...

No idea.

spudy12 said:

Anyone give me any advice at all? At a loss

Also, running mem test, it runs fine etc, however my RAM it picks up 16gb but says its only 665mhz? could this suggest faulty RAM? Running test, passed okay so far. Will update when it finishesClick to expand...

Again, not too sure without seeing the machine in front of me. I hope I've been a little bit helpful, hopefully somebody will know what is up with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-build-problems.1085516/
Relevancy 53.75%

Okay guys I ve been looking into building a PC for a while now and my current desktop just carked PC Build. advice! Need Custom it I think the PSU has been overloaded so the time has come My main uses Custom PC Build. Need advice! for the PC will be video and photo editing using Adobe Premiere Photoshop and After Effects I just recently purchased the new GoPro HERO and my current PC can t handle editing or even smooth playback of K footage or p footage at high frame rates fps Don t even get me started on rendering times My budget is around maybe a little Custom PC Build. Need advice! bit more if necessary I ve done a bit of research and this is what I m looking at getting MoBo- ASRock H M U S free from my old PC or upgrade Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H HDD- x TB WD ZRX free from my old PC or Should I upgrade to something better SSD- Crucial MX GB or Samsung Pro GB Processor- Intel Core i - K GPU- Nvidia GeForce GTX RAM- I have two GB Elixir in my old PC Will I need to upgrade these and if so any suggestions Once I have decided on all the components I am going to use I will also need to choose a good PSU Am planning to run Windows Ultimate and I already have two monitors that I use for dual screen a mouse keyboard speakers DVD drive card reader and a USB wireless adapter although I mostly am plugged into an Ethernet cable If there is any thing I am forgetting please let me know And any and all advice I am very grateful for Am I going into overkill on anything and maybe not spending enough money on other parts Will all the parts in this setup be compatible Will it suit my needs for video editing with such high quality footage and frame rates from my GoPro Any suggestions for parts I should look into instead of ones I mentioned above This will be my first custom built PC so thank you in advance for all your much appreciated advice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Specs Win pro x Asus M A mobo AMD fx XFX HD gb Patriot gb x OCZ ModXStream W PSU Hi folks I have been running into problem after problem with my new build I've already RMA'd my CPU I've ran memory tests for hours which turned out build a custom BSOD on fine and I completely disassembled and reassembled my computer into a new case I was able to install Win fine but I get random BSODs when using the computer with frightening frequency and they were different error codes almost every time The first place I noticed this was when I would run the Windows Experience Index test and it would lock up or BSOD about BSOD on a custom build s of the way through But it also blue screens in safe mode and once when I was watching a youtube video I initially thought it was a faulty CPU hence the RMA but now I'm thinking that it might be a PSU or mobo problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rilke

A:BSOD on a custom build

Please upload a report
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-a-custom-build-628194.html
Relevancy 53.75%

OK so i know a reasonable amount about computers enough to be confident to try my hand at making Build Custom Problem my own computer for the first time a couple of weeks ago I had a few minor hicups but nothing too major but now i have hit a wall The computer has decided not to power on at all These are the parts i used in my build Intel Motherboard Bundle http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct note the cpu is over clocked Nvidia GT http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct Heat Sink http www awd-it co uk scripts prodView asp idproduct Case http www novatech co uk novatech prods Components Cases Cases Novatech FANTASY html not the psu just the case Psu http www novatech co uk novatech prods Components PowerSupplies OCZ OCZ SXS-UN html I have a gb Maxtor Sata Hard Drive Custom Build Problem from my old pc and disk draw When i first put all the components together it worked perfectly then i tried starting it up the next day and it just wouldnt start so i tinkered around with a few things and still nothing so i sent the motherboard back for testing it was tested and it worked fine I got the motherboard back yesterday set it all up again and it worked fine then about hours later it cut out and it wouldnt turn back on I removed the battery from the motherboard put it back in and it started working again for the rest of the night Woke up this morning and its not turning on again so i tried removing the battery again and this time the battery trick did not work As far as i can tell all the components are functioning properly and i really have no idea where to go next to even attempt to fix the problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated If u need any more information just leave a post and i will get back to you asap nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

ok sorry if i've been an idiot.but,does anyone here have any idea how to make custom drivers for the operating systems like windows 8 . because you see there is only a limited support for custom-build PCs than the OEM ones

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27523-custom-build-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys Its been a long time since my last post but its time for a new build again Basically what im looking for is a homeserver which I can also use ase a backup server and media streamer I have been looking at online reviews and guides but is hard to narrow down components to use I am living in Ireland so I will be buying the components from Irish and UK sites The system must have needs to - Stream HD video p - audio output - Have low power consumption - Id like to leave it on and have it act as a backup server to backup the other pcs in my house - It will need to act as a webserver Id like remore access to my media - Ideally im looking at i Intel mobo processor - I will be leaving this pc in the media room underneath a TV so controlling it with a remote would be a nice feature - Id like it as compact as posssible mini ITX mobo case but the case must be able to fit at least quot drives along with a DVD drive I understand what im looking for is a mix of NAS/HTPC Custom build everything But any help you guys can give in the line of components would be great I hope to collect these parts over time but my budget is around - Please let me know if this is dooable Thanks Dan EDIT - I have Windows already bought - I have already purchased x TB hard drives for backing up my data nbsp

A:Custom NAS/HTPC build

Did you see the review a few weeks ago for the new asrock?
http://www.techspot.com/review/334-asrock-vision-3d-htpc/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-nas-htpc-build.159254/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am designing a pc for a friend that will be used for medium level mass production of music(legal! he made the music) and i am unaware of weather or not this will encounter problems.

will somebody suggest the easist and fastest(production not build) way to do this while maintaining a ~$700 cost

A:10 CD-R Drives plz help w/custom build

We need a more complete description of what you would like to do, as well as what equipment you have so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/10-cd-r-drives-plz-help-w-custom-build.93215/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Peeps!

I just had my first BSOD on my custom build. Any help in figuring out what caused this would be greatly appreciated.

It happened when I was away from my machine, while playing a playlist on youtube and having other windows open on 2 separate browsers; Chrome & Firefox.

Jonezy

A:BSOD Custom build help

CCC 14.12 WHQL works better with R9 cards, as far as I have seen. Get it from Download Drivers and see how it goes.

Let us know.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8801111fdbb, fffff880081d2228, fffff880081d1a80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8801111fdbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880081d2228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880081d1a80, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880081d2228 -- (.exr 0xfffff880081d2228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8801111fdbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8

CONTEXT: fffff880081d1a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880081d1a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=005... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373505-bsod-custom-build-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
Newbie here. just built a comp for my brother a few months ago and he recently started complaining about random bsods. i ran a couple tests (seatools, memtest, prime) and the hardware seems fine. i'm not familiar with windows 7 but hopefully i can get some answers. thanks in advance.

ps i installed windows 7 from an iso i bought through the windows student discount program. it was an upgrade disc, but i did the trick to do it as a clean install.

A:BSODs on custom build

bump #1 just got another bsod. posting updated zip file. tia.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/130815-bsods-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Firstly i hope this is in the right section, i did look at the rules and i see no reason why this shouldn't fit here

I'm building a new computer to replace my old 754 Sempron. I was wondering if you guys could check out the components, tell me if they're quality and compatable as this is a big investment and i don't want to screw it up.

CPU -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164047

MOBO -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161328

RAM -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169488

GFX CARD -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164557

PSU -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129283

CASE -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268

And finally, Screen -

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169049

Are these all compatable? i have checked myself and see no problems but i would like another opinion, also, are these good quality components?

Cheers
Al

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me when there is a solution. I've downloaded every version of Resolumesince 5.0 and no luck. It seems to be a larger problem with the system itself. I have had a few times where the system will crash either unexpectedly or when I attempt to run Resolume.

Attached is my file with the info of the crashes in it. Any help is much appreciated!
VALORIAN-Wed_05_25_2016__73419_35.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51349-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi this is what laptop I am looking for for college I would where or custom can get i build know you help!! this??? any laptops of can spend about k max but prefer less I need a PENTIUM M processor anywhere from mhz to ghz prefer about ghz i need a good video card that can play intesnse games like maybe a mobility x or something can any of you build custom laptops or know where i can get this??? help!! mb ddr video memory needed at least RAM - I want gb of RAM preferallbly mhz DDR RAM with a pentium M processor with mhz FSB frequency hard drive - at least gb prefered better rpm preferred and can people put custom cooling on laptop cpus like i know theres lots of options for desktop pc but i dont want laptop gettin too hot sound- anything goes i need INTEGRATED wireless G wifi internet usb ports etc i want a quot or less screen size with nice resolution if possible quot is ok but prefer lighter laptop if you know of a laptop like this or can build one or know someone who can please please reply to this post and does anyone have any opinions on the lighter quot screen laptops is it worth it for the lighter weight etc is the screen size still ok for games and stuff thanks for the help -sphinx nbsp

A:can any of you build custom laptops or know where i can get this??? help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-any-of-you-build-custom-laptops-or-know-where-i-can-get-this-help.369316/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am looking to buy all the parts I need to build a custom desktop computer I m overseas right now so I can finally put up the money due to having no bills at the moment I have been looking into all of it and think I have found a pretty nice set up for a build A few items might be over the top maybe Here are the parts as follows Intel Core i - K Processor GHz MB Cache Socket LGA ASUS P Z -V PRO Motherboard ASUS GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ENGTX DIS GD OCZ GB Vertex SATA III Gb-s -Inch Solid State Drive VTX - SAT - G Western Digital Caviar Green TB RPM SATA III MB Cache Bare OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD EZRX LG Electronics X Blu-ray SATA Writer Drive with Software WH LS K - Bulk Black Asus a this How setup? build for custom look does Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set Acoustics Powered by Sennheiser Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH HAF X Nvidia Edition Microsoft Windows Ultimate Corsair Professional Series Gold -Watt Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU- AX Corsair Vengeance Blue GB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ GX M A C B nbsp

A:How does this look for a custom build setup?

Look into an H50 cooler, I have heard it does better with higher flow fans (For future overclocking or whatever) Also just to warn you, it sounds like there has been a spike in HD prices, so maybe wait on that 3tb drive for a while. Sounds like they are going up in price.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-does-this-look-for-a-custom-build-setup.1023435/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm going to buy my second custom build ...I've been on Digital Storm's forums for about a week and picked up more usable info than anywhere else ,ever...have you guys ever got a custom build and how did it turn out..I'm too much of a procrastinator to build my own box..it would probably take me a soo long my new hardware would be old by the time I fired it up...Doug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gonna-go-with-a-custom-build-at-ds.610464/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all My name is Jay I m living in the UK Big post incoming Okay I haven t been to this forum for a little while now but it has helped me in the past and I know its very popular and has alot of helpful people So onto the point of the thread I have always been a fan of PC gaming the community the mods everything I love it BUT I have never actually owned my own gaming PC I have played on loads but none are mine unfortunately So I thought I wonder if there was a place where I could ask people for help on building my own PC and this site popped into my head I had the idea of building one because I ve heard from quite a few people that its better to build your own I suppose so you know everything that is in it and you can make it as good as you want as long as its my Gaming build =D PC..please? Help Custom me in your budget I have never actually had much Help me build my Custom Gaming PC..please? =D experience of the insides of a PC so that s where you helpful people come in I hope So I need quite a bit of help I need to know what parts need to actually be in my PC Mandatory and Optional I think I know most but just to be sure I need to know some recommendations for good parts to go into my PC I would also need to know the budget for these parts If you have any more info that would help me please post it all help is very appreciated I apologize for the long post but I want to make this PC the best I can I also thank everyone in advance to the help you give nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

So mainly while gaming I get various BSODs. Not much else to say but here are the required files and my computer and specs may be seen under my profile. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this.

A:BSOD Custom Build

Hi Kimbroughhg.

When there are multiple bugchecks without any finite probable cause, the first impression goes to hardware. Some of the crash dumps also indicates it.

Code:
BugCheck A, {2db, 2, 1, fffff8000229743d}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+1d )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d268028, b0800000, 40151}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Overclocked? It should be 4000 MHz.

Code:
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz
6 21,2,0 AuthenticAMD 4334
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

If you have any hardware monitoring program, uninstall them for the time being, and also uninstall all the programs by ASUS.

Two more actions are must.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349746-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am hoping to start buying parts for a custom build around the first of the next month. The machine will be running a virtual machine with as many as four guest operating systems simultaneously. I don't know if I will need it or not, but I want the capability of running up to four monitors. I am a little unsure of the power supply requirements. The following build sheet includes a 850W power supply. I don't know if I need to go with a 1000W power supply.

Code:
Corsair Carbide A540 case
Intel core I7-4770K
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA 1150
two Crucial 16GB 8x2 D3 1600 DIMM C9
Samsung E 120GB 840EVO SATA3 2.5"
WDOEM 1TB 3.5" SATA6.0GB/S 64MB
two GTX6600C 2GB DDHDP PCIE
Gigabyte 850W HX 80+ Gold Mod PSU
IPSG LG 24X DVDRW SATA
LGELECOEM LG 14X SATA BD burner
your thoughts?

A:need a little help speccing a custom build

I would upgrade the video card. From what I find they are old and don't use the new DX.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325002-need-little-help-speccing-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I m building a new computer and these are the parts I ve picked Custom Build Computer out and I was wondering or more like double checking if they are all compatible with you guys and maybe some opinions on different parts My Custom Computer Build current setup costs about and I would like to keep it around or lower thanks P S This is a gaming computer Cooler Master HAF http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Blue GB RPM SATA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS M A XTD EVO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA GeForce GTX MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sony x DVD-CD x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E OCZ GameXStream W ATX V SLI Certified http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ZALMAN A mm Ball CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks nbsp

A:Custom Computer Build

The system looks good. You could get yourself a cheaper case like the CM-690 or an Antec 900. Also, the Xigmatek HDT S1283 or Scythe Katana will be a better CPU cooler for cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-computer-build.139752/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all Up until very recently I have been using Scan XS for custom build workstations for our D designers in our London studio for Build Custom Rendering Unfortunately their customer service has fallen off a cliff in the last few months so I am looking at alternative options One of the biggest advantages with Scan was their prices relative to more established competitors and I m hoping Custom Build for Rendering to find a similarly competitive option I have used Mesh in the past but unfortunately they don t include Quadro graphics Custom Build for Rendering cards in any of their systems this is an essential as we work with Solidworks amp AutoCAD as much as we do ds Max I have built my own in the past but as this is a work machine we d prefer to be backed up by a professional warranty What I am considering at the moment is the HP Z but these use Xeon E - CPUs which according to Intel aren t recommended for rendering I m still happy to consider off-the-shelf systems but ideally I d like to get something along the lines of Windows Pro bit i k or newer nVidia Quadro K or better gb RAM Minimum quot IPS Monitor eg Dell U yr Warranty Under k Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Custom Build for Rendering

The Xeon E5-1650 that is in the HP Z420 is an aging processor. I would recommend something newer. I would take a look at the HP workstation site before making a decision through a 3rd party seller like ebuyer.com.

I would recommend looking at newer CPUs such as the ones found >>here<<.

One option is the HP Z420, but it gets quite pricey (~4000 USD not including a monitor (if I am not mistaken)). It has a beefy Xeon E5-1650 V2 inside along with a bunch of other goodies like a Quadro K4000 and a 512GB SSD.

It doesn't seem to me like many of the HP workstations have GPUs, so this is what I recommend: buy a nice HP workstation with a beefy new Xeon E5 6 core CPU (this will kick some mean *** in SolidWorks, AutoCad, and 3DS Max, trust me!) and buy a Quadro or FirePro GPU yourself. Make sure you check the specifications of the PSU first though to confirm that you can run a Quadro GPU on top of the other components. Also, you can easily get a SSD later if you dont want to pay extra for it in the HP workstation. That will run you like $300-500.

If the HP workstations dont work out (the pricing just doesnt workout in the end with the monitors and GPUs and such), then I would get off the shelf parts, but the problem with those is that it is hard to find components with extended warranties. If they do have long warranties, they will probably be expensive.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-for-rendering.202244/
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a hp 6000 pr small form factor with 4gb ram/petenium dual core 3.06ghz/ win. 7/ msi redon 6450 hd and stock 240w psu.... i want to upgrade the psu and graphics card. this is a speacial build under way added a 3 bay hot swap, car stereo and 300w second psu to power the stereo...still in bondo phase so changes can be made and more stuff welded.   ik this is a frankinstin mod alot more work is needed... but anyway can i connect a second psu to a graphics card with the 6 pin conector and im not asking if its safe if i fry my board ill get a new one there cheap on ebay lol....  ive seen hp 8000 eliete psu 320w that will fit the mobo conections but i want somthing more like 400w if i can upgrade the main one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/psu-and-gpu-upgrade-custom-build/td-p/5622630
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys,

I've been intermittently having this problem, usually occurring when I'm playing a video game. I get the machine check exception as well as driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. The machine check exception happens more often though. My specs are:
i5-6600k (I brought it down to base freq to see if it would help; it did not)
Asrock z170 pro4
Radeon R9 380x
Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 2400 ram
Seagate Barraccudda 1tb
Kingston x70nr for windows
EVGA Supernova 550 G2 80+
I've updated all drivers but the issue persists. The issues were gone for a small amount of time when I clean installed windows but they have returned again.
DESKTOP-KJTNQKA-Wed_05_25_2016_202703_42.zip

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51419-different-bsods-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Am new here. And I too am suffering from random BSODs.
Had faulty RAMs, and have replaced them. And still BSOD
I seriously need help guys.

A:New Custom Build Please help BSOD

narendharkumar3, Thanks for starting the new thread. Unfortunately you are getting a lot of 0X124 errors. That is a generic hardware error. It gives little or nothing about which piece of hardware it is. The only way is to do a lot of time consuming testing and troubleshooting. There was one error that appeared several times

Code:
kd> lmvm AsUpIO
start end module name
8d8b2000 8d8b31a0 AsUpIO (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AsUpIO.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AsUpIO.sys
Image name: AsUpIO.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 02 21:48:02 2010 (4C578362)
CheckSum: 0000BEF9
ImageSize: 000011A0
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is Asus Monitoring driver and as you can see is quite old. It most likely comes with Asus AI Suite and can be downloaded from Asus web site for your board. Motherboards - P8H67-M PRO - ASUS

If you do not already have them please download and install CPUz (CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) and GPUz (GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility) Make sure not to download any of the junk ware they may try to install with the program, you can just uncheck the boxes and not install those add on..

I need you to post screenshots (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) of GPU the main page and the sensors tabs. I also need you yo post screenshots of CPUz the CPU tab, the mainboard tab, Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab you can select each dim slot, I only need the dim slots that are populated with ram.

If you are overclocking anything, Please set it back to default values. While at the Asus web site update all of your drivers for the motherboard.

When you built the machine, did you do a clean install? Also, thank you for filling in your system specs. If you would, please update them as much as possible If you would like to know what we would like, click 'My System specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine. I need to know, manufacturer and model of your PSU, Ram, Graphics card, if you have it, hard drives. The easy way to update system specs is go to your last post and click my system specs and there will ne a link there to update them. Just be sure to click save at the bottom of the page.

I would also like you to open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow in the box and press enter. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say 'windows found no integrity violations'. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Can you be a little more specific about your BSODs, for instance, do they happen when you run a specific program, or only in gaming or while performing some specific action. We will get to some testing once you answer the questions and upload the screenshots in the manner of the tutorial I linked to. I just need to know as many specifics as I can about your machine and what programs, if any, that cause tour computer to BSOD.

You are also going to need a monitoring program for your CPU and GPU temps. If you have none, I can suggest a couple.

If you don't understand anything I ask or want an explanation, feel free to ask. I don't mind explaining.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336866-new-custom-build-please-help-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I put my first system together not more than Custom is Slow! Build a year ago Since then I have had nothing but problems RAM defects mobo defects Graphics Issues DVD Drive defects and most recently my CPU has been running hot reaching up to C underclocked Basically I have parts Custom Build is Slow! to build a whole other system minus the power supply Couldn t RMA Given these issues I still can use the PC but slows considerably when downloading or running more than one program Custom Build is Slow! Video lags and framrates are bad when initializing Been through graphics cards Nvidia and AMD cloned and copied my HDD to a new one bought a new processor i - gone through countless RAM timings and voltages updated mobo BIOS drivers from manufacturer done System Reg fixes and defrags plus hours of researching the issue to no avail I am frustrated and tired The only thing I have not done is a complete windows reinstall Was about to but my DVD drive kicked the bucket right before go figure Please help P S If you re trolling best keep to yourself nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys I would like some part by part opinions on the parts for my rig as I post them here.. First things first I think Im going to go with an Asus Sabertooth z77 board with this kit... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8024820&CatId=333 and was going to go with a nice 650W-750W 80 plus corsair PSU. Is this a decent build? Also should I go retail or OEM with Windows OS ANd what are the differences between OEM and Retail?? Thanks guys for any input also this will be my first build so any advice isappreciated Also something else...Is there any type of software I can use to make a recovery partition kind of like the ones that Dell Puts onto their pcs when u buy them?

Relevancy 53.75%

My custom build PC that I have had for 3 months, now says signal lost on my Samsung SyncMaster T260HD monitor. In the beginning, the monitor would randomly blank and I'd restart and all is good. Then the next day it would do it again. Eventually the time gap shortened. Now it will either not display at all or it will display for 5-10 seconds during startup and then blank. I have tried swapping cables but no luck. All fans are spinning. The rest of the PC still loads because I can hear Win7 logon screen and I can log on and hear the welcome sound.
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Full PC parts listed here.

A:No picture on custom build

If it was bought from a shop then the first thing I would do is take it back to the them as a warranty issue.

If not, things I would check are:

1) Ensure that all the cables and cards are correctly seated inside the case. Remove each one and reseat it securely one at a time.

2) Does the motherboard have any onboard video? If yes, try booting using that.

3) Exactly what make and model is the motherboard, RAM, case, power supply, hard drives etc. Include links to the components if possible. How many case fans does the system have?

4) Do you have, or can you get hold of another, known working, monitor just to test to make sure its not the monitor itself at fault?

5) Do you have, or have access to any other, known working graphics card that will fit in the system?

Its possible the the graphics card has developed a fault, or even had a minor fault when you got it which has got worse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-picture-on-custom-build.980683/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,i wanted to ask after i build my pc and instal the w7 i will be good to go and use it for gaming and other stuff ?or do i have to instal another software?

A:Instaling w7 to new custom build PC

Hi HeartbeatSensor,

After installing Windows 7 you're up and running, but with alot of generic built in drivers. In order to play games properly you also need to download the drivers for your Graphiccard & chipset drivers.

In order to find these, visit the manufacturers website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/instaling-w7-to-new-custom-build-pc-589715.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I am new to techspot and I just founded by accident. I do have a custom build computer that has an asus motherboard and an Amd athlon processor, 2700+ or 1.30GHZ. I would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard but I don't know what would be the next level in order to upgrade them. Of course, I want to keep on using asus computer parts. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how I should upgrade my custom build pc? I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanx
Johnny

A:Upgrading my custom build pc

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in the appropriate forum.

Please don`t post questions in threads that are nothing to do with the subject you want to discuss. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-custom-build-pc.71207/
Relevancy 53.75%

So yea as the Opinion PC Custom Need - Second Build title says im planning on overclocking and using sli in the future if i have to but these are the components i selected so far I need a second opinion as im not to good with computers Sandy Bridge k i http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Lite On Dvd burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Antec http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Black TB RPM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX http Custom PC Build - Need Second Opinion www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair Pro series HX is this overkill remember i do want to oc and sli http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair Vengeance GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MSI P A-GD B LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-pc-build-need-second-opinion.1022399/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

I've been having persistent BSoD problems on a custom rig. It happens mostly when I'm away. Of the few times I have been at my computer at the time of crash, I saw no warning signs.

Basic system info:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) retail
Fresh installation in March onto SSD

Hardware - Custom Build
Built in January but uses some older parts:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 720
Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD Evo
GPU: Evga GTS 250 superclocked (used this card for a few years now)
Ram: Kingston hyperx KHX1333C7D3K4 (2 x 2gb)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E 60gb
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W

No memtest detected issues as on late April
No prime95 errors or induced crashes as of late April
If there's any other information or tests that might help please let me know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSoD on Custom Build

Unfortunately there were no dumps in your file but I found one major candidate for BSODs

Code:
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun KevinX3-720-Win\KevinX3-720 HKU\S-1-5-21-601797764-46032973-68966091-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Uninstall, and de-install the driver after this tut:
DuplexSecure - FAQ
There are several substitutes for Daemon tools without harmful side effects
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive
Gizmo Central -- Enliven your PC
There were a couple BSODs (03/28 and 04/20) referring to your Roxio Software with the directive to update the PX engine from here
PX Engine - Description and Download
or uninstall it completely if you don't use it.

Boot into Safe mode and see if the comp crashes there, too
if not activate Driver Verifier to force some dumps to narrow down the problem and post any new dumps
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165236-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having the worst My custom pc build nightmare nightmare with this new computer I am building The problem is that my computer keep on restarting within a one or ten minutes range Occuring seem randomly of course I tried to isolate the problem but so far no luck First I guess I should give you my My custom build pc nightmare spec It is an AMD Athlon mb cache Soyo K Dragon Ultra mobo ATI radeon pro mb Creative Audigy blaster sound card gb of mem one from Ultra and the other from PNY watt of power supply gig hd from Matrox Pioneer xdvd-rw and Mercury xcd drive Athermaltake venus cpu heatsink and fan combo A thermaltake case fan the case also have a weak fan attach to the side panel With windows xp pro installed One problem I first thought was bad memory that why I bought the PNY but that didn't seem to solve it Another was overheating cpu that why I bought Arctic Silver put it on By the way I attach the sensor on the side of the heatsink I don't think it virus because I have ez Armor security suite installed I uncheck the automatic restart in the system propterty so maybe it could report to me what is happening before it restart but it still doesn't stop the auto restart but sometime it does give me the old blue screen of death though Please could you advise me what to do Although I think I did on the above right I could be doing something wrong and maybe you can correct me By the way my CPU temp when checking in bios is - Celcius I would like to get this computer up and running so any advice and Idea would be helpful Most product I bought was from Tiger Direct

A:My custom build pc nightmare

Please don't double post.

See here.

Thread Closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-custom-build-pc-nightmare-16230.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all thanks for trying to help me,

I am a first time PC builder that has put his computer together and it will not start up.

I push the on button, Light comes on, fans and hard drive start up but then the system turns off. I would say the process is about 1 second overall. Here are my pc spec's.

Intel i5 2500k
ASUS z68 lx motherboard
500gb Seagate baracuda
OCZ 750watt power supply
8GB G-Skill Ripgaw RAM

I am a noob at this kind of thing so all help will be greatly apprietiated, Thanks,

Sam

A:New custom PC build that will not start up

Make sure the motherboard isn't touching anything it shouldn't.

Sounds like it could be shorting out.

Passed that it could be an psu issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-custom-pc-build-that-will-not-start-up.177752/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently moved and there is a pay-as-you-go electricty key meter. We can not get it converted for months..... I need something that can power down my dsl router and any other connected devices 'gracefully'.
Why? When the electricity key expires and the power trips out it takes 15 - 20 minutes to get the dsl back up. I know what causes the delay, but suspect a netgear router will not tolerate too many power cuts before it goes belly-up. I looked online at soho ups but need to power down a router and possibly a mac, so need something with platform independence. I have seen home ups for sale online for 34.00/$67.00.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

A:Custom Build PC Random BSOD sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Before we can get to the underlying issue (Probably USB) There is a driver that needs to be updated or removed. Yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223903-custom-build-pc-random-bsod-sometimes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello these Opinions Build Need Others' Solved: PC My On First Custom are the parts I plan on getting Tower Xion AXP - P ATX Mid-Tower Case w W PSU - Solved: Need Others' Opinions On My First Custom PC Build http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId CPU AMD PHENOM II X - http compare ebay com like var lv amp ltyp AllFixedPriceItemTypes amp var sbar amp lwgsi y amp cbt y It was really tough to find one but this looks like Solved: Need Others' Opinions On My First Custom PC Build the best place to get it Motherboard I can t really find a good enough one Could someone help me haha Im mainly looking for one with onboard video HDMI DDR and two pci express for two screen crossfire Maybe better if they both run at x RAM Corsair Vengeance GB Single - http www amazon com Corsair-Venge ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Since i m on a tight budget I plan on getting of these overtime but at a time Hard drive Hitachi HDP GLA I already own one and will use that but will eventually buy another Quick question since the HDD already has Windows on it could I use that So theres no need to buy a win installation disk Disc Drive LG LightScribe X SATA DVD Burner GH LS already owned Video Card If anyone could recommend one for around or less thats perfect for mediocre gaming possibly good for dual monitor gaming movies PSU If anyone could recommend one that would suit my needs with the above parts extras that d be great Im not really sure if this should go here or somewhere else so i do apologize in advance Im fairly young practically a freshman in highschool so as you can imagine I don t have many years of computer experience Most of my knowledge comes from mainly forums and Professor Messer vids but im still planning on learning more Well anyway after my parents computer broke I decided to give them mine and make myself a new one Im trying to get a gaming videos music computer mostly good for gaming and I hope this suits my needs nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings all I was on my computer last night and all was well until AM rolled around and the pop-up for Windows update appeared I let the computer do it's thing and restart installing with Win Custom to connecting Build 7 not modem the update Afterward I Custom Build with Win 7 not connecting to modem could not connect to the internet and haven't been able to since I'm sorry but I neglected to write down the number of the KB article The only one sitting waiting to be updated now is KBB the Malicious software removal tool This is a wireless connection on a custom build computer running Windows Professional bit The wireless card is a TP-WDN Everything else in the house both wired and wireless is connecting to the modem fine I've tried the following Custom Build with Win 7 not connecting to modem - powercycling the modem no change - powercycling the computer no change - system restoring to a point before the update failed - manually finding and removing the update and restarting no change Clicking on available networks shows my modem in the lineup Clicking on it starts an attempt to connect to it It then states that it's connected to an Unidentified network set as Public with No network access It shows the icons that indicate that it's connected to the modem but can't get out from the modem to a website I've then tried the following - checking Device Manager states the wireless card is operating and drivers are updated - disabling the TP link and then enabling it no change - uninstalling the TP link and restarting no change - inserting the disk that came with the TP link and attempting to reinstall drivers states they're already updated - getting into the modem from another computer shows my computer is not connected to the modem at all Ipconfig all shows the following Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address C - A- - E-F -BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-BE- C- -C - A- - E-F -BE DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Attempting ipconfig release and ipconfig renew did nothing So the set up looks fine from every angle I've tried and yet I'm still getting the ip address Attempting to set up a new connection also fails with the same icons and issues I need some new ideas to try and any help would be appreciated

A:Custom Build with Win 7 not connecting to modem

System restore is made to roll back your machine to before when the problematic updates were installed.

After that you can figure out which update caused the problem and right click to "hide the update" so it won't install again.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328840-custom-build-win-7-not-connecting-modem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Right now im running on a optiplex gx270 Dell computer. I was looking into upgrading it but after doing a little research it seems to be a better idea to have one custom built. The problem is I have no idea where to begin lol, I dont have any serious knowledge about computer parts but I would be needing something that could run smoothly overall. Also hopeing to play higher end games like diablo 3. Any suggestions?

A:How do I begin to build a custom computer?

hmmm...I would start by researching all the different parts that you may need, that's what I did! I then looked at the brands and different cards/models in more detail to pick the final parts (checking their compatibility) for the computer that I am using now.

Min. parts you will need:
- CPU
- Motherboard (ensure it can support the CPU)
- RAM
- A case
- A Hard Drive/SSD
- Graphics Card (optional, depending on if you have integrated graphics, but a dedicated is recommended for gaming)
- A Good PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-begin-to-build-a-custom-computer.192614/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, I have questions concerning ibuypower and cyberpower.

1. is it possible for ibuypower to *not* include a hard drive? Cause cyberpower will let you not, but ibuy makes you buy one, and I don't need one (I have one sitting around.)

2. Should I get 512pc3200 ram (from 256) or 2800+xp(from 2500)

3. should i stick with 350w or go to 480w for $79 extra (video card is gf4 mx 440, soundcard is onboard, i wont do heavy upgrading or anything...), and save 79$ (or get 512ram AND 2800 cpu)

thx in advance

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a custom built gaming pc that I put together a little over a month ago, and everything has been running silky smooth, no problems at all, until recently of course. Last night I was doing some gaming on Battlefield 3, then typed up a quick paper for one of my classes and shut it down. This morning I turned on my computer and after about 5 seconds, it freezes at a black screen with "B2" displayed at the bottom in the usual white start-up text. It refuses to even boot into the bios. I fear this might be a motherboard issue, but I wanted to get some input in before diving into the problem.

My specs are as follows:
CPU: i5 2500k (OC to 4.5)
GPU: Galaxy GTX 570
Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD80 Gen 3
RAM:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

A:Custom Build Start-Up Trouble

Hello, yeah it could be the motherboard, but first just start taking out components until the computer starts. You can also get a flash light and see if any capacitors are bulging or exploded on your motherboard and video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426152/custom-build-start-up-trouble/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey,

can anybody help me? I would create a USB Stick (bootable) with a Customized Windows 10 Image. The customized windows 10 image is running in Virtual Box and i search a solution to capture this windows 10 image.

I have tried the solution from kari (Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums) . The first video and step was easy. But the second step "Capture and Deploy Image" are to difficult for me.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/52560-build-usb-stick-custom-windows-10-a.html