Windows Support Forum

Audio skipping (Windows 7 64-bit)

Q: Audio skipping (Windows 7 64-bit)

I've been having problems with audio skipping in VLC player and some game's cutscenes/movies.

I've no idea what changed, but it was working just fine a week ago. I've tired to google my problem, but there is no fix to be found, just dead ends or unanswered threads.

Help, please.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio skipping (Windows 7 64-bit)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio skipping (Windows 7 64-bit)

Try using System Restore to a point before the problem started and see if that has any effect. As you may know you can always undo any restore if you don't like the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-skipping-windows-7-64-bit.186413/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am using a microsoft headset, and when i listen to music on youtube it skips and crackles, is there any way to fix this?

A:Audio is skipping and crackling (Windows 7 64 bit)

Have you looked over the multitude of posts on here about popping and crackling? and tried some of the suggestions?

However, "skipping" can just be a busy youtube and it's really "buffering". I have a high speed cable connection (20 plus Mbsec) and occasionally I get youtube buffering.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/121350-audio-skipping-crackling-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I've got a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a computer I'm working on for a friend and it has a crazy issue where if you play an audio CD in Windows Media Player the audio skips. And not randomly either, exactly the same skip. About a skip per second exactly. The audio keeps playing but it cuts out little blips. It does this with every CD inserted.

I've tried playing CDs in other audio playing programs like iTunes and it does the exact same thing.

Everything appears fine in Task Manager, no crazy processing going on.

I've tried completely removing and re-installing audio drivers, old and updated ones.

I'm not sure what else I can do or check. Everything appears fine.

The computer is an HP Presario laptop and it has an onboard connexecant (or however you spell that) audio card.

Thanks

A:Solved: CD audio in Windows Media Player skipping

You might want to check Device Manager under your cd rom drive's properties and make sure that digital audio is enabled.

You also want to check the DMA status of that IDE channel. DMA should be on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-audio-in-windows-media-player-skipping.712776/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Im at my wits end now As the With On CD's Audio Audio Problems Skipping title says really im having probs with cds im making from mp s Problems With Audio Skipping On Audio CD's skipping randomly it started about Problems With Audio Skipping On Audio CD's months ago my dvdrw had been noisy for sometime and started to skip audio cds i made hadnt changed cdr brand been using the same brand for donkeys so i bought myself a new drive phillips dvdr thinking my existing samsuny had just packed in Unfortunately this failed to remedy the problem i then thought maybe this was just a coincidence that the new dvdrw didnt like my choice of cdr so i bought a different Problems With Audio Skipping On Audio CD's brand of disks still no joy next i formatted my system thinking maybe there was still traces of nero on it which skips like anything anyway and installed trusty nero reloaded which ive used for donkeys however still skipping cds any suggestions on how to solve this great mystery lol any suggestions for alternate software ta russ nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I just upgraded to XP Pro SP2 the other day (I know, very late, but I just got around to it!), and since the upgrade when I listen to music in iTunes all of the audio is skipping. It sounds like what my music sounds like when I'm simultaneously printing and listening, like, system resources are focusing on printing through USB and making the music skip. Which is odd...but anyway, I unplugged all my USB devices (except my mouse) and it's still doing it. So I'm not sure what my next step is. I am using the most recent version of iTunes (6.0.5). My sound card is on-board, before I go buy a sound card to put in I want to try other solutions.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-skipping.485374/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a HP laptop and the audio keeps skipping in and out. This is with all audio files, you tube, internet and games. Please help!

A:Audio skipping

Internal speakers? Try using external speakers or headphones.

Try updating/reinstalling the audio drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-skipping.1036983/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone I run a group of Internet Radio stations and I have a question about a specific problem that is going on every week now I like to think that I am pretty experienced when it comes to audio since I ve been doing Internet radio broadcasting and DJing for many years but I can t seem to figure this one out This DJ records his weekly set using some program on the computer I m not sure which Skipping Audio one - I ll try to find out if needed and then renders it to a mp file He has three computers and he plays back the file on every one of them in various media players before he uploads it via FTP to one of our servers It plays back just fine for him on all three computers sounding great However after being uploaded when the set gets ready for playback it s filled with a bunch of skips and jumps in the audio I have made a small sample of what it sounds like here Here is the info I have on the file and nothing I can really see would cause skipping like demonstrated mp VBR Avg Bitrate kbps KHz Joint Stereo Lame I know Joint Stereo isnt the best option for encoding but it wouldn t cause the skips Thanks in advance for any suggestions -Mark nbsp

A:Audio Skipping

I downloaded and listened to the clip. There is nothing wrong with ur playback program, but whatever program that DJ is using is creating the noises. This may be either be due to a different encode setting in the Lame codec or due to file corruption during ftp transfer. Can u find out what program he is using?? And ask him to upload the mp3s after putting it in a zip file. That way transfer error can be detected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-skipping.320931/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help i have started an at home studio and things were working fine untill yesterday when my dell dimension 5150's audio started skipping not only in adobe audition 3 but in every thing. its not terrible lag but its annoying and i want my stuff perfect.

A:Audio skipping

Hi

lol @ wanting your stuff perfect, don't we all lol

A couple of things you could try

Firstly try checking you have the most up to date audio driver installed by checking your audio device's manufacturer website. To find out what you have right click my computer and select properties and select the hardware tab and click on device manager. You will find the make of your audio device there under sound video controllers.

Secondly do a system restore to a point before the sound lag starts happening, could be you may have installed something or an update has interfered with the sound device.

Hope this helps

Stevie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-skipping-444579.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I need some help with the audio on my computer. Whenever I play games with sound or play cd's it will play find and then start skipping and the computer will freeze for like 10 seconds and then it plays find again and the cycle repeats until the point that I get frustrated and just shut it off. Any suggestions? I have a Windows XP system and all I know is that SoundMax appeared on my computer one day. I need help please!

A:Audio Skipping

SoundMax is most likely your onboard audio. You can try downloading the latest drivers for it. Can you supply the specs of your system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-skipping.457035/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

Here are my specs:

Vista, SP 2
Toshiba Satellite L305
Intel Celeron [email protected] 2.19GHz
2GB RAM
32-Bit OS

Within the past week, audio has begun to skip while I'm loading a webpage/scrolling through one, opening up itunes, loadinga folder with a lot of files in it, etc. MP3's, video, podcasts - it's all skipping and stuttering. I thought it might be a memory issue, but i have 2Gigs, and I'm really only using about 1Gig at any given time. I can't think of anything I've installed in the past week that would be causing this - it's seemingly out of nowhere. Help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-skipping-449262.html
Relevancy 55.47%

ok im having a kind of weird problem here. any audio/video is fine on my computer when nothing else is running, but when anything else is running it starts skipping around and some what slows down the song or video im watching. its really weird, I dont think its my cpu because my cpu is rather new is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-core 4600+ overclocked to 2.72 ghz. im pretty sure its not my ram, I have 4 gigs of ddr2. im not sure what else could be causing it.

any ideas?

A:Skipping audio/cpu usage?

how long have u had this problem? if it started when u started with the mem. ASUS is real picky with mem. and that could be u're problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skipping-audio-cpu-usage.111770/
Relevancy 55.47%

Choppy Skipping Audio FAQ These are tips from owners concerning noise issues Roughly starts with the most recent tips and ends with Choppy/Skipping Audio the oldest ones Note if you have a brand new laptop and are dissatisfied with the noise in the audio there is usually a day return policy that I Choppy/Skipping Audio suggest you take advantage of if Choppy/Skipping Audio the solutions below do not help You will own the problem after the nbsp return period has expired gt Section -- Models with Windows or later Pre-installed gt Section -- Models with Vista Pre-installed gt Section -- Older Laptops That Started Having Audio Noise Over Time gt Section -- Windows Media Player Skipping gt Section -- Buzzing Noise Issue of Feb nbsp Section Audio Stuttering amp Glitching on nbsp Models with Windows amp later Note it Choppy/Skipping Audio has been a long time since getting widespread complaints about noise so many of the issues seem to have been fixed at least on newer models Most of the solutions here are dated Inspiron z N z Inspiron R SE amp R Inspiron R Inspiron R N amp R N Inspiron Inspiron N Inspiron amp XPS L x amp L x XPS L x amp L x XPS z L z XPS L x Studio Models Vostro Models Inspiron owners wrote about a staticy pop gt gt quot Updated the BIOS - Et voi l agrave Works like a charm now quot -- posted by guillermoares gt gt quot My solution was to go into the audio options Speakers Headphones Properties Advanced and change options to bit DVD quality and it seemed to clear it up quot -- posted by cstan gt gt quot What I did was Control Panel gt Hardware and Sound gt Sound gt Playback gt Right click on Realtek gt Properties gt Level gt and set the level of the internal sub woofers to quot -- posted by aphan gt gt quot So far its working flawlessly quot He downloaded a driver directly from the Realtek site -- posted by Wmohammed gt gt quot The solution to this problem is to turn off the power management settings on the Realtek HD audio driver To do this you must tinker with the registry I broke it down into these steps press windows button R nbsp type in regedit into the prompt click on HKEY CURRENT USER go to REALTEK --- gt AUDIO --- gt RTKNGUI ---- gt PowerMgnt on the right hand side of the window find enabled nbsp modify the value to restart computer quot -- posted by juicetin gt gt quot The pop noise gone off when I turned off the Maxxsense Option reduce the speaker amp system volume to with Maxxsense on Besides the above mentioned the power option did cause an effect things gone worst when it s at power saving mode it s almost fine when setting it to balance mode quot -- posted by JW gt gt quot My components had to be replaced quot -- posted by Edib Z gt gt quot You can fix the audio popping issue by opening the Dell audio suite from the task bar and clicking advanced and then power management and making sure the slider for the power management auto shutting down audio is set to off quot -- posted by MOOGLEYS nbsp screenshot of the power management in Dell Audio Inspiron owner wrote operating system unknown quot Click on the battery icon in the bottom right and then turn off Power Saver mode That seems to have taken away the crackling noise quot -- posted by cfred Inspiron z N z owners wrote quot Go to Control Panel gt Hardware and sound gt Manage Audio Devices gt PlaybackHighlight Speakers gt Properties gt AdvancedUnselect Enable Audio Enhancements Click Apply No more un-listenable crackly audio quot -- posted by ericmei and confirmed by allatrop quot I ve disabled McAfee NetGuard and the problem is gone quot -- posted by dmanvzla quot Basically it is a McAfee Net Guard problem You go to the antivirus menu for McAfee Click Web and Email protection click Firewall Click Net Guard turn it off by unchecking box quot -- posted by MBanach quot Turning off the McAfee Net Guard feature fixed it for me quot -- posted by L NDSAYInspiron R SE amp R owners wrote quot I turned off the accelerating of my ssd and what happened Sound wor... Read more

A:Choppy/Skipping Audio

Please do not reply in this thread which is a FAQ.
If you have comments or questions please start a new thread or send me a private message. I will post additional tips & solutions when I get them.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19462013
Relevancy 55.47%

I posted this a long time ago and never got a solution cause I was too busy to deal with it. I actually found a solution but what I understand is, the problem will come back and I am wondering how I figure out why the problem is happening and fix that so it does not keep happening. This is the forum that discussed the solution. I changed my HDD to DMA mode cause it automatically changed to PIO mode. What I am assuming is that it changed to PIO and that is when my problems began. I changed it and it is now fine. What has caused it to change. I know it is not as simple as that, but how do I figure out what is causing this?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t67041.html

A:Skipping Audio And Video

Hello raidencmc,The problem can happen for a number of reasons, such as incorrect BIOS settings, damaged connections, failing hardware, damaged block on the drive, drivers failing etc.here is a good article on the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172333/skipping-audio-and-video/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a creative live value series 128 bit 4 Channel Sound card.

My machine is Athlon 2000 XP on An Asus A7n266VM Motherboard. The onboard sound has been disabled in the BiOs

My machine has a config of 256 MB ram, 40 gb HDD, and a Adcom 4.1 speaker set. OS is Windowx XP (Licensed copy)

The problem is the audio playback, while playing MP3s in media player the audio skips ahead by atleast 5-8 seconds or the tempo becomes very fast. Winamp is able to play audio decently. But I need to use Media Player to watch videos, but even audio during video play back skips.

Audio skips in all audio playback software, including PowerDVD so I can't enjoy watching DVDs also.

Please let me know a solution and also is there any tool which can detect the sound card on the computer.

REgards

A:Windowx XP Audio Skipping

The only thing I can think of is re-install the Sound Blaster Live Value drivers either from a resource disk that came with your system or sound card or from here http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

CAG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windowx-xp-audio-skipping.16763/
Relevancy 55.47%

My sound is skipping when playing any type of audio(cd, mp3, video), approx. once a minute for about 2 or 3 seconds each time. Maybe I need to update my sound card driver, but not sure how to do that. I have a DELL xps computer with a Sigma Tel Audio sound card. I ran dxdiag in the start/run menu, the driver is sthda.sys, Version:5.10.4548.0000, Date 6/6/2005. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is obviously very irritating when trying to listen to music or watch video.

A:audio/sound skipping

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling the driver?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185160/audiosound-skipping/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got a brand new Dell PC running Windows XP. I got a new USB D-Link Wireless Adapter DWA-130. It connected fine and my internet is running at an okay speed (even though it consistently tells me my signal is "very low" - but I can live with that at the moment). My problem is that I can't listen to any music, video, sound, etc. without it skipping constantly!!! Even when not connected to the internet!

When I disconnect the D-Link, the audio is fine, so I have narrowed it down to that being the problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:D-Link Audio Skipping

Make sure you're using the latest drivers for your hardware. Go on Dell support and enter the model or service tag to access the downloads. Update the chipset, video, audio and lan drivers.

Install the latest driver for your wireless card :
http://support.dlink.com/products/vi...ctid=DWA%2D130

Go to Windows update and install the latest critical updates for your syste.

Uninstall the previous drivers and restart the computer each time you install a new driver. Once you've installed the latest drivers from Dell and D-link and the latest updates from Windows update restart the computer one more time and see if the problem still happens.

If it's not solved then try to uninstall the bundled software and use the driver alone. Go to the device manager : start => run => devmgmt.msc. Expand network controllers, double-click your wireless card, go to the drivers tab and click on details. Write down the name of the driver(s). Go to start => search, click on advanced options and tick system folders, hidden folders and subfolders. Select the c: drive and search for driver*.* where driver is the name of the driver before the .sys extension. If several files were listed under details search for all those files. Save all the files you'll find (sys, dll, cab, inf) to some folder on the desktop.

Go to add/remove program and uninstall anything related to D-link or to your wireless card. Then back in the device manager right-click the wireless card and click uninstall. Restart the computer. When prompted to install a driver for the new hardware choose to select the driver in a list and browse to the folder where you just saved the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/d-link-audio-skipping-255296.html
Relevancy 55.47%

All audio on my computer has suddenly started skipping a few weeks ago and making a static noise. I've had the computer for about a year and the audio has been perfectly fine until now. It's doing this on all audio, windows noises, winamp, media player, youtube videos, etc. I've made no recent hardware changes and I've tried updating all of my drivers but nothing fixed it. After a restart, the static will go away for about an hour, but then it is back. It's so bad I can't even listen to music with it, driving me a bit insane. I'm running Windows 7 x64, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Audio Skipping

The fact that it happens after an hour would beg the question.

Has the machine ever been cleaned and dusted inside?
It rather sounds like when something gets hot then it begins to have issues.

Without you mentioning anything concerning what type of system it is I will assume probably incorrectly that it is a desktop.

Is the sound integrated into the MB or is it a add on card?
Is the sound output to another device that could be having an issue such as external speakers with an internal amp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-audio-skipping-496052.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Ever since i put in a graphics card my computer can't play videos. The audio lags and the picture skips every few seconds. I've reinstalled the codecs and windows classic player with no results. Also my music lags every time i scroll through a webpage or my documents, the sound crackles every time it skips. Any help is appreciated.

A:Lagging and skipping audio

Have you installed/updated/reinstalled the video drivers? Issues related to scrolling a webpage, are most often video driver related.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lagging-and-skipping-audio.1050967/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone I am semi-new to the forums i have been on here for one issue in the past on my other computer and it was very helpful - Skipping Audio/video... anyway this time my wife's computer has had a quot Skipping Audio/video... skipping quot problem for quite some time I dont know if it is attributed to malware or not but i dont think so I have run multiple virus scanners spybot adaware have tried disconnecting wireless i read somwhere that that could be it checked memory defragged etc basically everything i know how to do and i have not been able to remedy the situation Basically whenever you run and audio or video file in any application WMPlayer Itunes youtube anything it skips and stutters terribly The computer has plenty of available memory is not maxed out in CPU usage or anything Other than this problem the computer seems to run flawlessly I cant figure it out - if someone has time to help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks System specsHP Laptop dv GHzAMD Turion Mobile GB of RamWindows XP Media Center EditionVersion Service Pack Here is the HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Microsoft Money MNYCoreFiles mnybbsvc exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC Documents and Settings K Application Data Real Update setup setup exeC DOCUME K LOCALS Temp temp exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings K Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by ComcastO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exeO - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Kern... Read more

A:Skipping Audio/video...

anyone? i hope i didnt post this in the wrong forum...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153910/skipping-audiovideo/
Relevancy 55.47%

recently, audio playback...no matter on headphones, usb speakers or whatever...has started random skipping in wmp files play from internal hd.

I've checked all drivers up to date. I've turned off norton and no difference. I've giving wmp highest priority in cpu usage. I've turned off all other programs.

This machine has played perfectly for several years until lately. The only thing that changed before the skipping started was installing a wireless mouse. I have disconnected that, too, ...problem still there.

It's a dell inspiron laptop running windows 7 home premium. (upgraded from the original vista). All work perfectly after the upgrade for at least several months.

I have read many suggestions and tried many, to no avail...it is very frustrating.. Please help an old fart, not to good with computers!:)(

Thanks,

A:audio playback skipping

Hi -

Are the audio files you are playing new or old? Copy some to an external USB stick or burn them to CD/DVD and see how they play on another system.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-playback-skipping-489927.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a problem where my audio skips when viewing movies using any media player (VLC, DivX, WMP). I recently had to revert back to Windows XP after Vista after a failed attempt at installing Windows 7 and it seems to be since then. Can anyone help?

A:Audio skipping on my laptop

Have you installed the appropriate driver for your onboard audio / or sound card (which ever is the case) ? Or are you using the generic windows driver ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-skipping-on-my-laptop.147845/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a new Gateway NV laptop i've had for about four weeks I switched to Windows RC candidate right after i bought it For some reason my audio skips no matter if its a stream like a youtube video or playing a song I've tried playing from an external drive no fix I've tried a generic driver and the driver released for my computer for vista I have g ram AMD Athlon X QL- Dual-Core Processor GHz here's what it says about my audio quot High-Definition Audio Support nd Generation Dolby Sound Room + skipping Audio Wireless Audio Enhancement featuring Dolby Headphone Dolby Natural Bass Dolby Sound Space Expander Built-In speakers Digital microphone headphone Speaker Line-Out Jack with S PDIF support quot Idk what my wireless card is called The audio only skips when the wireless is on It very bad and I can't find a way to fix it Anyone know if the october release will fix this issue Or if there's a fix now

A:Wireless + Audio skipping

Hello,

I found your thread while searching for help with my new Gateway NV52. I am having the a skipping/popping sound on my laptop as well when listening to audio. I am currently running Vista. I have been troubleshooting to try and figure out where the problem is coming from and it seems at this point to be primarily when I listen to something with headphones through the headphone jack. I burned a CD copy of one of the albums I've been hearing the sounds on and it seems to play fine on a regular audio CD player...so I was able to at least isolate that it's an issue with the laptop itself. When I listen to songs just using the speakers on the laptop I'm not hearing the issue....so far it seems to be just through the headphones.

Are you having similar experiences? I'm staring to wonder if there is an issue with these laptops playing audio...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/19374-wireless-audio-skipping.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105. Just one day the audio starting to "stuttering". When any software that is using audio "sound, speech, games, music" even just XP. I have updated all the drivers. I have deleted and reinstalled : Windows Media Player 11, Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X, and
RealTex High def audio driver. I could not find any virus or spyware.

Can you help me stop this head ache.

Relevancy 55.47%

Whenever I try to play a video file in quicktime, the audio always skips and is choppy...this does not happen for me with real player or windows media player. I can't find any troubleshooting for quicktime. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

A:Quicktime and audio skipping?

Closed duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t131591/sa3390d07addf2444be2dfa261b81a81c.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicktime-and-audio-skipping.131862/
Relevancy 55.47%

I can barely watch youtube videos because the sound is skipping and cracking so bad

I have the latest Realtek HD audio codec, I even tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing it

Is there maybe a solution of a something different that Realtek?

This isn't really a new problem, but I think its got worse since i've had windows 7

I have 2 gigs of RAM, and I have no programs open except for the video

I also hear the problem when Im listening to songs with limewire, but thats understandable because limewire is a ram hog

Music is literally my life, and Im on my computer a lot, and its really a drag if I cant listen to music and such without it completely pooping out

A:My audio is skipping, and cracking really bad.

First thing I always ask about crackling audio is does the same crackling and popping happen when you listen to cd audio or mp3 from a physical cd or dvd drive? Could be your SATA driver working inefficiently if so.

There are so many potential causes for this. First thing to check is audio driver. If latest, try older. If older, try latest.

Visit your motherboard manufacturer's site or Gateway and update the drivers for everything they offer for Win 7.

Your lan driver could be in conflict with your audio driver. Does it only happen when packets are being sent and/or received?

Defragment your hard drive(s).

Go into your bios and disable every port not in use, like serial and/or parallel. Disable the floppy drive too, unless you actually use the thing. Windows will boot faster.

If you have a firewire (IEEE 1394) adapter in use or not in use, change it to a generic driver. Sometimes in these cases, there's success in untying certain services to each other in the registry and then disabling one. I'll tell about that later too if it gets to that.

I see you have an old video card. The driver you're using for that could be not so great causing interference in your pc operating well.

I've also fixed machines with this problem by going into bios and generally making sure things are correct. Machines with hard drive or controller misconfigurations or that haven't been optimized (i.e. set wrong) can exhibit this behavior.

You may have some luck by changing the latency for the audio using the PCI Latency tool from Guru3d.com, although this is a long shot. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...t=951#download

I'll think of other causes for ya if nothing I've said already has helped. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/30477-my-audio-skipping-cracking-really-bad.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently had my new ibm thinkpad replaced because of skipping audio. When I look at the performance monitor, cpu usage jumps up to 100% every time skipping occurs (it skips on all sound files, not just cds). However, now the brand new thinkpad is doing the exact same thing. It happens even when I run no other programs but media player. Is there some way to track down the process that is causing the skipping? Possibly some kind of driver conflict i guess..but how to tell which one? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

A:skipping/stuttering audio

Rouqmirg,

Please don't double post, it will confuse people and you stand to get less of a focused member effort on your problem.

Thread Continues Here: http://www.techsupportforums.com/sho...&threadid=2077

Locking...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/skipping-stuttering-audio-2078.html
Relevancy 55.47%

videos that I have on my hard disk drive have randomly started skipping. This has just started recently, I am pretty sure it isn't the video files because they never skip in the same spot, and the skipping is becoming more frequent. This is all on a custom built desktop, it has an i7-2600K, 1TB CAVIAR BLACK HDD, 8gb g.skill ram, Asus sabertooth motherboard, and an Asus engts450 graphics card. Could this skipping be due to hardware, or is there something else I can do to get the skipping to stop?

A:video and audio skipping

At last I have found someone else with the same problem! Does it happen when streaming videos and music too? Youtube just isn't the same with all the wee interruptions. I noticed you posted this a while ago - have you figured out a fix yet by any chance?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422789/video-and-audio-skipping/
Relevancy 55.47%

Here is a puzzling problem Both the DVD LITEON drive and DVD RW Memorex DVD drive on one of my PCs have an on skipping Audio DVD's Solved: unacceptable audio video skip or halting when playing standard movie VOB DVDs The problem does not occur when playing a CD or DVD with mpg or vmg videos I tried standard movie DVDs on another PC s DVD drive HP DVD Absolutely no problem What could be going on here Since both DVDs on the first PC have the Solved: Audio skipping on DVD's problem I have more or less ruled them out as the fault -- short of pulling them and switching with the second PC to see if the work properly there --my gut feeling is that they will work OK in the second PC So could the sound or video card in PC be a problem with VOB type files To prove a point I played a VOB file directly from the hard disk on PC and the hard disk on PC via network Same problem with skipping halting Any one with suggestions Computer AMD Athlon SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Display adaptor Radeon MB nbsp

A:Solved: Audio skipping on DVD's

What software are you using to run the DVDs?

What OS are you using?

Have you check out all the drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-skipping-on-dvds.415235/
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently I've noticed my audio skipping/lagging. I've never had this issue before and it just started up two or three days ago. I haven't recently changed anything on my computer so I'm not sure what could have happened. I've noticed it in foobar2000, MPC, and even on Youtube. It seems to happen most often when the CPU spikes in activity (such as opening any software).

I've tried reinstalling my sound drivers but that hasn't helped any.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and have a Xonar D1 and an i5 2550k. I haven't noticed any other problems. If you have any suggestions please let me know, thanks!

Relevancy 54.61%

Sometimes during videos or playing video games the audio and the video seems to skip or stutter it sounds almost like its being remixed This is quite annoying when gaming especially online considering the effect is somewhat similar to experiencing lag I am not talking about frame-rate other than this strange problem I have fairly high frames The skipping seems to be completely random and it seems to come and go sometimes I can go a few weeks and it wont happen and I will forget about the problem then it just randomly starts happening again My system has fairly high specs ghz AMD Phenom II quad core gb of ddr ram and an ATI Radeon HD gb gddr graphics card all on Windows professional bit I know for fact my system can handle the games I am playing I have tried a few things already made sure cords and connections were stable ran dxdiag and chkdsk and windows memory diagnostic all came out with no problems detected also i updated the drivers for my video and audio cards and I skipping Video/ Games Audio/ still had the problem Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Audio/ Video/ Games skipping

What is the source of your updated video drivers and did you uninstall (through Programs and Features) the old driver before installing the new one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-games-skipping.162329/
Relevancy 54.61%

I don't quite know what you skipping Slow internet/ audio need to know about my system but here are a few aspects dell studio intel core Slow internet/ skipping audio duo windows vista excuse my lack of knowledge regarding computer systenms and technology I've had my computer for a year and a half now with no major problems to date However in the past week my computer has been acting up Any audio video file itunes windows media youtube etc will play a few seconds then skip terribly for a few more and repeat --I cannot listen to any music or play any videos without this problem When I'm moving my mouse from one place on the screen to another the mouse continuously catches -it will move normally then stop for a second or two and jump to catch up it is as if it's skipping too In addition to this my internet is slower than usual I am using Internet Explorer Perhaps my internet might be slower because I've haven't downloaded IE yet but i doubt that would affect all audio and my mouse as well Any ideas as to the cause of all this and a possible solution thanks so much

A:Slow internet/ skipping audio

Boot off of the Vista DVD in and choose Fix My Computer. If this still fails, go to Start/Search and type CMD and press enter. in the command prompt type Chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y and reboot the computer. The Check Disk utility will run at next boot up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-internet-skipping-audio-577529.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Well everything worked fine last night Skipping Audio games. playing when and today when ever I play a game the sound is skipping The game itself runs perfectly fine but the sound skips This is most likely related to my Audio Skipping when playing games. other issue Basically for the last few days when I shut the computer down and then turn it back on you hear and see everything go on except the monitor stays in power save mode and doesn t boot to anything Same result as if you were to turn on the monitor with your PC off In order to get it to boot I had to restart the computer about - times before it would boot normally once I been having this issue lately quite a bit and I have no idea whats causing it One of the times i rebooted i got a disk read error and I thought it might be the HD but its a new one Audio Skipping when playing games. and I replaced it for pretty much the same issue not even months ago If you need any more info ask away I have aida installed if any more hardware info is needed My comp specs are Motherboard Abit AS CPU P with MB of cache and HT Video Card Nvidia Ge-Force Ultra Ram gigs of pc OCZ Audio Onboard audio Thanks This is just driving me nuts because I can t figure out whats causing either of these Audio Skipping when playing games. issues nbsp

A:Audio Skipping when playing games.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

In my case, when I just got my SATA card, I had to reinstall Windows about 4 times in two months, just to find that the BIOS of the SATA chip was just bad. After updating it, no more problems!

Also, get a sound card,, even if it's just a $30 Audigy SE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-skipping-when-playing-games.52884/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. I booted it up yesterday afternoon and discovered the sound was gone. but after a restart the sound came right back. I loaded World of Warcraft and noticed the sound was VERY grainy and occasionally skipped like I had too many programs running and it was trying to keep up.. this has never happened before. I restarted again and the audio was still grainy. I was hoping it was just the game, so I turned on iTunes to check.. the music on iTunes wasn't grainy, but skipped for a moment every other second or so. I've tried updated drivers, chipsets, etc. but nothing seems to work. The computer has been out of warranty for two months, so shipping it probably isn't an option for me right now. Any help is appreciated.. thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grainy-skipping-audio-on-laptop.635326/
Relevancy 54.61%

I own a macbook pro and runs windows by bootcamp The headphone is JBL e bt I tried to use my bluetooth headphone it had always failed and it said audio skipping headphone Bluetooth there was no driver for quot bluetooth peripheral device quot I then downloaded the ASUS driver thing from here Can't find drivers for bluetooth headset - Windows Bluetooth headphone audio skipping Help Forums And the problem was solved But now when I connect my headphone it is only good immediately after I connect it As long as I play something continuously the headphone won't switch off by itself and nothing's wrong But if there's no audio input from the computer to the headphone Bluetooth headphone audio skipping for like a minute and then I start playing music the audio is skipped I have to reconnect the device for it to return normal Please help me It is quite annoying It's okay if I am playing games Bluetooth headphone audio skipping and stuff but I when I'm playing music I can't let it stop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-headphone-audio-skipping-1081177.html
Relevancy 54.61%

More Burner Help Needed My burner is still working perfectly no problem there it s burning audio cd s that i am having trouble They burn but i burn t burned cds. problems Skipping audio on on audio cd full of old tv themes that were all different bitrate s and there was of them I burn t them the first worked fine but from to they were jittery and jumpy all the way through What s going on burning at a lower speed to me Skipping problems on burned audio cds. would slove the problem but i can only burn at a minimum of with my burner I was wondering if i could burn below that speed with my burner evn though it says it s from x on up to x on the box Would a diferent program let me burn at a lower speed and does it matter what kinda cd s i Skipping problems on burned audio cds. am using if it does I am using high capacity Sony x Cd-r s Can yah s help me out again i am sorry for buggin you guys again but you know i am desperate nbsp

A:Skipping problems on burned audio cds.

You could make them all .wav files before you burn them as an audio cd, maybe the program you are using to burn them couldn't deal with certain bitrates, or variable bit rates. Until I found out the version of nero I was using could deal with mp3s I used to always convert my mp3s to wavs before I burned them. I'm almost cerain this will work if that is indeed the problem.
You also mentioned high track numbers (anything above 24 I consider high), have you tried with another cd player? Maybe your cd player doesn't like going that high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skipping-problems-on-burned-audio-cds.1457/
Relevancy 54.61%

so a few days ago i made a post in the video and audio forum about all media on my laptop skipping, how it skipped and popped and i thought that it was a hardware issue, that my soundcard was bad or something.
well the wireless internet had also beed acting up, it would drop the internet connection after about 10 minutes and it couldnt reconnect so i would just shut it down.
well i plugged the laptop straight to the router with the ethernet cord and the audio suddenly stopped skipping and whatnot.
so ive concluded that the media only skips when the wireless radio is turned on, but once i turn it off and either have no internet connection or just plug an ethernet cord into it, it works just fine.
what would be causing that issue?
to me it makes absolutely no sense, but maybe someone out there with more knowledge could help me out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-skipping-problem-on-laptop.97491/
Relevancy 54.61%

so a few days ago i made a post about all media on my laptop skipping, how it skipped and popped and i thought that it was a hardware issue, that my soundcard was bad or something.
well the wireless internet had also beed acting up, it would drop the internet connection after about 10 minutes and it couldnt reconnect so i would just shut it down.
well i plugged the laptop straight to the router with the ethernet cord and the audio suddenly stopped skipping and whatnot.
so ive concluded that the media only skips when the wireless radio is turned on, but once i turn it off and either have no internet connection or just plug an ethernet cord into it, it works just fine.
what would be causing that issue?
to me it makes absolutely no sense, but maybe someone out there with more knowledge could help me out.

Relevancy 54.61%

Lately my computer has begun skipping in audio and Computer skipping display/audio the display lags every second or so It concerns me because it began recently but I can t seem to place what exactly I did immediately before it began or what changes could have caused it It occurs when I m listening to music on windows media player playing games or watching movies or streaming videos online It doesn t happen all the time but when it begins I simply have to wait until it stops by itself The easiest way I have found to start the skipping is either watching a youtube or other streaming video or to start a playlist in media player I have also noticed if it stops while listening to music and I minimize the player window or switch to the visualizations it begins skipping again and does not stop It even effects the movement of the mouse or letter showing up when I type I ran several registry cleaners internet security and spyware malware programs so I feel like most problems in those areas should be eliminated The only thing I notice is regular spikes in CPU usage again every second or so up to and sometimes it stays at for a while I have been trying to solve this problem for over a week now and it seems all the info Computer display/audio skipping I have read makes it move faster between skipping but the problem remains My computer has not had any problems with these programs before and usually moves pretty fast despite how many windows I have up I have searched through several forums with people that had similar problems but the ones I saw here seemed to be solved the easiest so I hope someone can help System Info Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version - Service Pack AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- GHz MB of RAM ACPI Uniprocessor PC ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress series Running on an HP Pacillion dv cl Notebook PC Have owned since April nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

It may well be the unit in my car (only 2 yrs old) causing the problems but I just thought I'd check and see what some smart people had to say here.

I got a label-applying kit to put round labels on the TOP side of CD's I make on my home PC. Before I used this labeler, I don't remember having skipping problems.

I've noticed that lately I get a lot of skipping when I play a CD with a label on it in my vehicle. Can something stuck on the topside of a disc cause a problem of any sort? The kit is made by Memorex so I figure it's got to be all right for this use.

It may be the player but I thought I'd see if this label could in some small way contribute to the problem.

Thanks for any info or tips,

Robert

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, I'm having a problem where the audio is skipping on some new games I've tried to play. Specially Metro Last Light and Mars War Logs. I have been able to play other games just fine like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. Also, I have zero problems playing videos on Youtube or videos from my harddrive. My device manager is not showing any issues. I have attached a copy of my dxdiag file.

Thanks

A:Audio skipping when playing some games

Hello Tusck,

Both the games you mentioned were just recently released. Have you checked to see if your audio drivers are up to date?

-JackALope

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/289998-audio-skipping-when-playing-some-games.html
Relevancy 54.61%

This is quite a complicated problem and become terribly annoying My pc's specs are Windows bit Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Gigabyte EP -UD LR GB of Ram Radeon Graphics Card Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller network card Realtek High Definition Audio My internet connection is BT mb and I connect though an Ethernet cable My problem started a few months ago I bought a PC from Overclockers and as soon Problem with audio/ skipping mouse as I got it to my university address videos would start to skip This led to me sending the computer back only to receive a brand new one After a few minutes the same problem was happening Eventually I sent that one back and received a new upgraded one with the specs I have posted in this thread I tried it out at home and I could find no problems other that the audio would spike ever so slightly randomly but not too noticeable However I returned Problem with audio/ mouse skipping back to University and the new system was having the same problems Il try and describe the problem as accurately as possible Its not just happening when I play audio or video the skipping sound is Problem with audio/ mouse skipping a result of the whole computer lagging It sounds like a type of matrix film sound effect like a ringing phone sped up In turn my mouse lags and the computer stutters It often does it if I click on a link or open up a new tab However as soon as I unplug the ethernet cable it stops the computer is fine If I plug it back in instantly is starts again I have run process explorer alot to discover the cause of this This is the information I have got When the problem happened on the old system it would show up as spikes of DPC's and a svchost exe process that accounts for Cryptographic Services Crypt Svc DNS client Dnscache Network Location Awareness Nlasvc and Workstation Lanman Workstation The problem on the current system is mainly the svchost exe process and the audio spikes I have been getting reguardless of the internet are small DPC's I have updated my drivers including my network card driver this made the problem seem to disappear for about day and then it returned If anyone could help me out it would be great Thank you Callum

A:Problem with audio/ mouse skipping

What do you use for protection? If you use an Internet Security Suite/Security Center Suite - please remove it (using the manufacturer's removal tool) and substitute a free antivirus while testing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-audio-mouse-skipping-477952.html
Relevancy 54.61%

ok first off i am confusion/audio skipping total confused about what Realtek is i currently have a sound blaster audigy sound card but before i think my sound was integrated i bought the sound blaster because my sound was always skipping and i figured it was due to cheap stock hardware that came with my computer i also remember having to install a realtek audio driver but is that because my integrated hardware was realtek brand i installed my sound blaster driver that came on the disc and it worked fine for a couple of weeks and now all of a sudden i am having the same skipping problem i had with the integrated sound i went to my device manager and noticed that i still had the realtek driver installed but when i uninstalled it every time my computer starts up i get a message that wants me to reinstall it to sum all of this up i need to know if i need any realtek stuff on my comp with a sound blaster sound card plus i need help with my audio skipping Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/total-confusion-audio-skipping.581590/
Relevancy 54.61%

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find any threads on this forum that addressed my issue I'm not sure if it's Audio freezing skipping/screen a hardware or software issue either So I'm running vista x and recently when I'm watching a video I use VLC or playing a song winamp the audio will stutter skip a split second every so often Sometimes the audio Audio skipping/screen freezing will skip and the screen will freeze for Audio skipping/screen freezing - seconds at a time Oddly enough things are fine when I run a game that requires alot of resources Lately I installed a third hard drive Western Digital Caviar Blue GB I think this might be tied to the issue somehow since it seems like things started mucking up after that but I'm not sure what to do about it Is the hard drive not getting sufficient power I've tried running malware scans updating my drivers etc Maybe my programs missed something and it's actually due to a virus Also it seems like the hard drive has become disconnected and then reconnected again a few times as windows pops open one of those quot windows has detected a new blahblah what would you like to do quot menus Any help would be appreciated This is getting really annoying System specs Processor Intel e Memory A-DATA gb DDR Motherboard ASUS P N-E SLI HDs Western Digital Caviar Blue GB Western Digital Caviar Blue GB Seagate Barracuda GB Graphics card ECS N GT MB PSU Rosewill RP - W ATX V

A:Audio skipping/screen freezing

Do you have a lot of other programs running at the same time?
Is the bottom right corner of your screen have several icons showing?
Have you defragged the hard drives recently?
Have you been to the Asus site to check for updated drivers?

As for the new blah blah I will need you to be a bit more specific.
What is plugged into the USB ports?
Anything new added when this happens?

There are a few other possibilities but these are often the normal causes and should be looked at first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-skipping-screen-freezing-451622.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Lately my computer has begun skipping in audio and the display lags every second or so It concerns me because it began skipping audio/display Computer recently but I can t seem to place what exactly I did immediately before it began or what changes could have caused it It occurs when I m listening to music on windows media player playing games or watching movies or streaming videos online It doesn t happen all the time but when it begins I simply have to wait until it stops by itself The easiest way I have found to start the skipping is either watching a youtube or other streaming video or to start a playlist in media player I have also noticed if it stops while listening to music and I minimize the player window Computer audio/display skipping or switch to the visualizations it begins skipping again and does Computer audio/display skipping not stop It even effects the movement of the mouse or letter showing up when I type I ran several registry cleaners internet security and spyware malware programs so I feel like most problems in those areas should be eliminated The only thing I notice is regular spikes in CPU usage again every second or so up to and sometimes it stays at for a while I have been trying to solve this problem for over a week now and it seems all the info I have read makes it move faster between skipping but the problem remains My computer has not had any problems with these programs before and usually moves pretty fast despite how many windows I have up I have searched through several forums with people that had similar problems but the ones I saw here seemed to be solved the easiest so I hope someone can help System Info Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version - Service Pack AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- GHz MB of RAM ACPI Uniprocessor PC ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress series Running on an HP Pacillion dv cl Notebook PC Have owned since April nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi!

I'm having trouble with spotify on a laptop running winXP SP3. Sometimes the audio skips, just like a scratched CD. It skips maybe half a second every time, but this is very annoying, and it happens several times in each song. Sometimes a can listen to a few songs without skipping, I can't find a pattern as to when it happens. I have a fast internet connection, and the computer specifications are:

i7-820QM(1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HD, 15.6in 1920x1080 LCD, 1GB nVIDIA Quadro FX 880M

I tried to google this, but all I found were problems related to Linux/Wine.

I'd appreciate any help.

A:Spotify audio skipping in WinXP

Turn off the wireless. The wireless scans for networks every few seconds\minutes, and might cause that audio skip on certain models of notebook. You should not notice it if you are connected to a wireless network.

Worth a shot anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spotify-audio-skipping-in-winxp.154452/
Relevancy 54.61%

i-tunes/WMP/youtube jumping and skipping and sometimes too fast

I have a custom built PC with an external soundcard via USB (Creative Soundblaster 24). A friend installed a new harddrive (Seagate OEM 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 Internal Hard Disk Drive)
(7200RPM, SATA, 16MB Cache) into the PC and copied all my files from an old PC to this PC. All audio/video worked fine on this PC until everything was copied over including version of microsoft xp.

Sometimes the videos/songs play normal and then other times it will go really fast or jump a second at a time. After about 3 minutes of leaving a song to jump and skip it eventually plays normally

I have a list of codecs if needed.

I really need someone to help me with this problem. Any extra information needed i will try to get it

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-video-jumping-and-skipping-429218.html
Relevancy 54.61%

For the last six months or more I've been having problems with my mp3's and streaming audio skipping and stopping while playing. Thought that is was my sound card (could still be), but I updated the driver for that. Maybe some other drivers. One thing that I noticed was that when I start playing the mp3's or listening to streaming audio on an internet radio station, my computer is constantly busy. The green light does not stop for at least and half hour later, then the music plays O.K. If anyone out there can help with this issue, please contact me.

A:Mp3's and Streaming audio skipping/stopping

Had this problem on a older computer, turns out DMA wasn't enabled in device manager.
Also defreg the hard drive. Run adaware to remove any spyware, and turn off the aquire license thing in media player if your useing that.. Personally I'd use winamp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3s-and-streaming-audio-skipping-stopping.120873/
Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever I try to play a video file in quicktime, the audio always skips and is choppy...this does not happen for me with real player or windows media player. I can't find any troubleshooting for quicktime. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all, I just wipped out my computer and installed what I want again, so I have a ton of space. I decided I wanted to listen to some music today, so I opened up itunes, clicked a song, and it had tons of clicks all through-out the song. I thought maybe a program was using a bunch of cpu so I opened the task manager and I was barely using any! I tried opening a different song in a different audio program. Same thing. I'm running vista. I went into the sounds in the control panel. It lists like 12 different speakers. It says i'm using the high definition audio device. I went into properties and saw options for loudness equalization and low frequency protection, I clicked on those and tried again. Still clicking, it seems like skipping actually, but I know the audio is good. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Relevancy 54.61%

Recently my computer began to boot up extremely slowly and when it finally booted I would get a pop up window saying that Zone Alarm was initializing and that would stay up for several minutes then things would open normally slow skipping, audio performance After this had gone on for a few weeks I decided to uninstall and reinstall Zone Alarm and Avast When I did this I no longer got the quot initializing quot screen for ZA but I noticed audio skipping, slow performance my computer seemed to be bogged down much worse than before If I m listening to any audio--it doesn t matter how it can be Winamp Youtube any and all sounds audio--I get this annoying quot skipping quot sound that sounds similar to a CD skipping every - seconds or so I don t think this is just audio-related as if I open Notepad and hold down a key I can see the text quot skip quot at the same time the audio does Also in Chrome when I open a new tab there is often a long delay before it will load the page In addition I have noticed Youtube videos seem to load extremely slowly much slower than they do on my phone which is using the same wi-fi connection And sometimes there will be VERY long delays between when I click on a program or a folder and when it opens I have uninstalled any unnecessary programs I have limited start-up process to the bare minimum but nothing helps the problem One other side effect is that Malewarebytes would never start up I could install it update it but it wouldn t open I used Spybot and Avast to scan my computer and they didn t find any issues other than with Spybot a few browser entries I was talking to my brother and he recommended Combofix so I ran that now reading this forum I realize I wasn t supposed to do that without someone telling me to sorry After running it Malewarebytes opened I thought the problem was solved but no I still have the same issues The only thing that has been fixed is Malewarebytes now opens So I m turning to the forum Below and attached is the information requested in the quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot thread By the way when I was running the rootkit scan all the boxes above quot services quot were greyed out so I could not select them If I did something wrong and should re-run it please let me know If you would like to see my initial Combofix log let me know as well I greatly appreciate any help DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by David at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Enabled E B E-D B - F - E- B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancemen... Read more

A:audio skipping, slow performance

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440835/audio-skipping-slow-performance/
Relevancy 54.18%

hey all. I've a Lite-On shw160 and it wont play a dvd smoothly. it just keeps jumping every second. the pc has WinXP 1GB RAM decent GeForce video card. ive tried everything. Firmware update on drive. Latest video card driver.
Tried drive in another pc its works fine. The sound run thro the motherboard cause theres no sound card. but the cpu usage doesnt really increase wen watching the dvd. would it be the sound making it all jump or what?

let me no if anyone has and solutions
thanks

A:DVDs video and audio rapidly skipping

It may be background processes causing high CPU usage when playing
(you didn't actually state what the CPU usage is on)

I usually use Startup Control Panel, and remove most (if not all Startups)
Also you may wish to download CCleaner to remove all those temporary files (causing any machine slowdowns)
One last option would be Memtest on your physical Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvds-video-and-audio-rapidly-skipping.99790/
Relevancy 54.18%

this is a recurring problem with my HP laptop pavilion ze i have a new gig HD running at audio/video intervals skipping regular XP home RAM every time i clean reinstall the OS a few months pass and then the audio winamp itunes whatever and video DVD s both start skipping at regular intervals like every second or so everything else works fine the skipping happens even with the startup sound audio file as it s starting up happened with my old HD still happens with the audio/video skipping at regular intervals new one audio/video skipping at regular intervals seems to get worse with the more programs i have open i defrag often run spybot s amp d all the time and virus scan with symantec the only programs i run are MS office firefox an adobe audio editing program rarely and soulseek and emule file sharing progs ideas for troubleshooting this issue another audio/video skipping at regular intervals thing in the past i used to be able to solve the problem at least temporarily by doing a system restore but lately the machine tells me quot cannot restore to the point selected quot no matter what point i select ideas on what s happening there nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-video-skipping-at-regular-intervals.446517/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI .
i have a problem with my audio , its skipping and the music i am playing is playing at MACH speed .
i have a sound blaster 24BIt Audigy N 2 ( USB ) sound card and the latest drivers .
i have also disabled the onboard sound card & run reg cleaner several times .
and tripple checked the settings ni wmp 10 .
any help would be great
Cheers T

A:Solved: audio skipping / playing very fast !?

Try install some codecs... like K-Lite codec pack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-skipping-playing-very-fast.534074/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey everyone My wife s computer has had a quot skipping quot problem for quite some time I have been to the Malware forum and determined that the computer is cleaned - Audio/video - Stuttering Computer Skipping and they had me update windows and Java I have run multiple virus scanners spybot adaware have tried disconnecting wireless i read somwhere that that could be it checked memory defragged etc basically everything i know how to do and i have not been able to remedy the situation Basically Skipping Audio/video - Stuttering Computer whenever you run and audio or video file in any application WMPlayer Itunes youtube anything it skips and stutters terribly I think it really does it alot of times it is just more noticable when you are listening watching something continuous The computer has plenty of available memory is not maxed out in CPU usage or anything Other than this problem the computer seems to run flawlessly I cant figure it out - if someone has time to help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks System specs HP Laptop dv GHz AMD Turion Mobile GB of Ram Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack

A:Skipping Audio/video - Stuttering Computer

Hello State Or Die,The event viewer may give some more information.1. Click Start select run2. Type eventvwr.exe3. Press enter4. Search through the groups for errors and warnings.5. Double click on each error and or warning.6. Locate the copy to clipboard button, (under the two arrows)7. Let us know what you find. (paste the results)Right click on MY Computer and select properties, click the Hardware tab and select device manager. Can you see any items with question or exclamation marks next to them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163586/skipping-audiovideo-stuttering-computer/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista bit with SP A few days ago I noticed my hard drive was almost full So I ventured into skipping/stuttering consistantly audio Mouse and my computer to determine what I could get rid of I purged everything simple multimedia then did some program removal lazy housekeeper Then I ran CCleaner Mouse and audio consistantly skipping/stuttering and Registry Mechanic to hopefully pickup any of the little bits my early spring cleaning may have left behind With it being late at night I didn't have my volume up but noticed my mouse pointer acting a bid odd The next evening I get home to do some browsing and the mouse problem is more clear after a good nights sleep Every second or so the mouse stutters More clearly if you slowly drag the pointer accross the screen the mouse moves and every second or so just for an instant it freezes But it obviously remembers where the pointer should be so it jumps suddenly after that brief moment to where the pointer should be I can also see the progress spinning circle image on startup or when you start a new program has Mouse and audio consistantly skipping/stuttering a noticable consistent hickup Now it took another day for Mouse and audio consistantly skipping/stuttering me to realize that the audio problem ties to this as well To this point I hadn't attempted to listed to any audio or play video Once I did I realized I was more confused than ever The audio has a stutter ever second or so right alongside the consistency with the mouse pointer If you've ever noticed when a digital TV signal suddenly goes bad for a second and the audio sort of skips it's a similar sound I ran a scan with Microsoft security essentials and adaware free version with no luck Unsure about MSE I uninstalled installed AVG free scanned with no result I updated my audio video and BIOS drivers No change I uninstalled my audio and video drivers then rebooted and let the OS find the drivers No change Finally earlier this evening I did a system restore as far back as I could go which appears to be right in the middle of my spring cleaning mentioned earlier I have googled every combination of my symptoms that I can find Please help On the suggestion of another forum I attempted to get answers from I ran dxdiag everything came up fine

A:Mouse and audio consistantly skipping/stuttering

Bump....pretty please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-and-audio-consistantly-skipping-stuttering-463346.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hey all thanks for taking the time in reading helping me with this complicating and annoying problem i m on my build skipping/static problem intermittant audio using the same tower current build asus p k-e new e new gts new g corsair new hard drives dvd burners dual channel pci raid controller new here s the problem and i ll try my best to describe it ever since this new build i ve been having this intermittant audio skipping static problem any time there is audio playing whether it s media streaming or playing a music cd i even hear the problem very slightly though and very rare during game play it s never consistent it never happens on the th second of audio play it just happens whenever there s no consitent pattern of the problem other than it will happen right away or minutes into it also when the problem happens and if i happen to be moving my mouse the cursor arrow will skip across the screen i ve also noticed the problem appearing when i m loading an application or right clicking intermittant audio skipping/static problem and selecting an option but this isn t consistent either i can be on youtube watching a video and the audio skips and when it does the video pauses some of these annoying skips last seconds long sometimes shorter sometimes longer now i do hear the skipping more than i hear the static the static is faint and not very loud nor long the static doesn t happen as much as the skipping but it s there this is what i ve done so far to try to isolate the problem in no particular order i ve intermittant audio skipping/static problem grounded the tower from the frame to a pipe underneath my sink using copper speaker wire i ve purchased a belkin ups - va switched out the new w psu to my old w took my tower to my friends apartment and hooked his monitor amp mouse up played a cd and audio still skipped and heard some static cleared my cmos updated audio drivers and chip set could it be my v card is there anything you guys can recommend before i take my pc in to have it tested again thanks a bunch for taking a stab at this any help will be greatly appreciated peace dubfly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittant-audio-skipping-static-problem.605671/
Relevancy 54.18%

ultimate is installed on my machine. everything was working perfectly including mics, speakers and rosetta stone software. then i went through the windows 7 vr training and setup and now my audio files are skipping the 1st 0.1 -2 seconds. it happens in speech recognition software. rosetta stone randomly now cuts of the beginning of every word/ phrase and the default tts message "you have selected microsoft anna (or other) as the computers default voice" skips the 1st couple of words. last time this happened i went for a full reinstall - and there is so much software on thr pc it took literally days to complete. in order to avoid that step again i would hope there is a work around for this problem. i have tried several restore function but its not fixing the problem. uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers - the problem remains. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

A:skipping first 2 seconds in program/ system audio

Apologies for the double post... just to add a lil more information. The system will not clip off the first 2 seconds of sound when I have for example windows media player opened in the background. This seems to pre-engage the sound card and remove the 2 second clipping.

It seems that the windows 7 VR setup has corrupted or intentionally added this 2 second pause perhaps to prevent cross over interference between the mic and speakers. Any ideas on reversing this setting? The media player in the background is a type of work-around but is hardly ideal...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/200447-skipping-first-2-seconds-program-system-audio.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Howdi all Bit of Skipping when Audio streamed in program played or any a random one that I have a temp fix for however looking for some insight into what was is still causing it Here s a bit of info on what s happening and the hardware I have and software Any media format i m using ex videos online streaming cds dvds all stutter at random I m using XP SP Corp edition on an acer aspire z laptop has Audio Skipping when played in any program or streamed a ghz proc with gb of ram So I have done virus scan spyware scan went through the Reg by hand removed all that shouldn t be there Updated my atheros wireless driver after removing it Same goes for the Realtek high def audio card drivers My CPU stays at under and I have killed all processes running so i m down to apx - at anygiven time Still was happening Fed up with it I assumed that a format would be in order so attempted that I ve loaded the driver vers for my wireless - and for the realtek ver Still having the same issue even before I started reinstalling my programs again All updates have been done inregard to the OS as well as installed K-lite Now for the weird part I have now discovered the audio works perfect if I have my wireless disable or even if I have the card enabled but disconnect from the wireless network Any Suggestions on where to go from here other than hard wiring to the modem

A:Audio Skipping when played in any program or streamed

it appears something is accessing the network , are you DL'ding torrents? windows updates?
what program do you use for audio/video playback/streaming? do you use the same one, or have you found the same results from different players, ie:winamp, WMP, Itunes etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275537/audio-skipping-when-played-in-any-program-or-streamed/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello A few days ago I noticed that my laptop was taking a long slow, skipping audio/video Computer time to start up I use Windows XP and when I turned it on my computer it took about a minute to even get to the quot Welcome quot part And then you know that jingle that plays everyday Windows starts up The sound cracked and skipped it was like I was listening to a scratched up CD It took a long time for my desktop icons to appear as well as the icons that appear on the right side of my taskbar Here are some details of my laptop Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack ASUS EeePC Intel R Celeron R M Computer slow, audio/video skipping processor MHz MHz MB of RAM Physical Address Extension Then I tried watching a video on Youtube Sure enough the audio was skipping like crazy I didn t pay as much attention to the video most of the videos I watch online are songs with just a still picture but I watched several others and the video did seem to be lagging as Computer slow, audio/video skipping well though the audio for what it s worth is worse I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I ran a scan It found hundreds of trojans I don t know to copy a list of the ones it found to this post but most of the trojans look similar to this Exploit Java CVE- - AN I removed all of them ran another scan and this time only a handful of trojans showed up I removed those too I ran a third scan and my computer seems to be clean And yet all of the problems I ve been experiencing remain More info I ve been keeping track of how much CPU usage my computer is using while watching say a Youtube video The CPU while watching the video jumps from - to anywhere from to As I said before the audio and video lags a lot particularly when the CPU usage spikes to - I deleted quite a bit of junk on my computer mostly programs I never use old documents pictures etc This seemed to help a little with the audio skipping problem as I can get videos to play without it skipping too much now It still does it though not as much as before and my laptop is still slow especially when starting up I was told to try running HijackThis and to see what it turned up It didn t have anything check marked and didn t advise me to remove anything Here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsTray exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exe C Program Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files PCPitstop Info Center InfoCenter exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ASUS EeePC Asus Power Management Utility Asus Power Management Utility exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

And the light that indicates the hard drive is operating stays lit constantly. I have not done anything different or changed anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-audio-mouse-curser-skipping.858051/
Relevancy 54.18%

My daughters computer is running very slow and the audio sounds as if it's skipping slow souds audio and it's if as computer skipping Videos dvd also skip Here is her HJT log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS slow computer and audio souds as if it's skipping system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common slow computer and audio souds as if it's skipping Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - B A - B- - CAD- E - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

Problem The audio and video playback on my laptop seem to be malfunctioning - as I use other programs / Audio skipping and playback hiccupping Video and or surf the internet any video audio playing at that moment will scratch hiccup and generally sound as if it s coming off an old-fashioned vinyl player If I m not doing anything however the audio video will run fine - it s as if the more CPU power is used for other tasks the audio video suffers This however has not happened before Hardware Sony VAIO Laptop VGN-SZ Series Operating System Windows XP Professional SP Basic Specs GHz CPU GB RAM functional sound card SigmaTel Audio and graphics card NVIDIA Recent potential sources of problem Recently went through a slew of defragging virus malware scanning and installing uninstalling various anti-virus programs i Audio / Video playback hiccupping and skipping e BitDefender Installation of various RAM and CPU optimization tools Uniblue Powersuite RAMSaverPro Destruction of the infamous Vondu Trojan as many as separate variants were discovered Audio / Video playback hiccupping and skipping and deleted Any advice or help please nbsp

A:Audio / Video playback hiccupping and skipping

I've done some searching around, and it seems to be the case with laptops that sound cards are often attached directly to the motherboard/CPU unit, so if something's throttling back the CPU, the sound/video will accordingly suffer.

That led me to look for anything that could be causing my CPU to slow down... But I can't seem to find any.

I've run Kaspersky's Anti-Virus suite, I've done Uniblue's Powersuite (including Registry Booster and CPU Optimizer), Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware scanner - and I've come up with several registry fixes / malware that I've removed, but I've seen no appreciable improvement in CPU speed.

In the Task Manager, my CPU usage flutters around 50 to 60 percent, which doesn't seem to be unreasonable at all - yet my CPU slows down. The tasks that take up the most memory are Firefox, Kaspersky, and one of my Yahoo Widgets (the Informer bar).

Everything suffers, I've noticed. Acrobat files load slowly, Firefox goes slowly, audio/video across all applications and browsers loads slowly, Photoshop is abominably slow, and don't even get me started on MATLAB's loading times.

Windows booting/rebooting time suffers, hibernation/sleep mode time suffers, and shutting down time suffers.

Should I run a HiJackThis scan and post it here, for more assistance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-video-playback-hiccupping-and-skipping.765767/
Relevancy 54.18%

Yes I know it sounds strange Recently I noticed an odd problem whilst playing back audio via winamp or via any other audio player When the monitor goes to sleep the audio stream may it be skipping sleeps... Audio output when monitor from the hard drive or from Audio output skipping when monitor sleeps... the internet starts to skip As soon as I quot wake quot the monitors it sounds normal It only happens when the monitors go to sleep and it just started about weeks or so ago Doesn t happen when the screen saver comes on I also ripped recorded a stream from the internet while the monitors Audio output skipping when monitor sleeps... were sleeping while listening to the stream as well Skipping started when the monitors went to sleep I left it go made not of the time when the monitors slept then played back the stream No skipping So it appears that whatever service process puts the monitors to sleep interferes with audio output to the speakers This does not happen when the screen saver comes on and I do not have the HDD set to sleep either I m using the on-board sound which is soundMAX digital integrated HD audio driver version latest Here are the specs to my box including screen shots of services processes and start up info http user pa net starner puterproblem htm I even used systernals process monitor to monitor what happens when it goes to sleep There was nothing present that seemed out of place that wasn t there prior to the problem But I can certainly get a screen shot of that as well I have uninstalled the audio drivers power cycled the puter reinstalled no change I tried streaming an MP via quicktime and it still occurs so it is certainly JUST output to the speakers Short of reinstalling windows or trying another sound card I m out of ideas I could do either of those but that doesn t help me understand what is happening and I really rather not That merely fixes the problem by going around it much like disallowing the monitors from entering sleep mode Any Ideas nbsp

A:Audio output skipping when monitor sleeps...

megaoptimus,
you have a nice system. This skipping problem, isn't really a problem as I see it...

Go into Display Properties, Screen Saver, Power Settings and set to "always on", and for the monitors to never turn off, or pick a turn off time of 2 hours or more. Set the screen saver to activate after 30 minutes or so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-output-skipping-when-monitor-sleeps.88492/
Relevancy 54.18%

I was messing around with some audio configurations the other night, basically trying to get things to sound 'louder'. Anyway, whatever I did I guess has made audio just about unlistenable. I don't want to fully restore my computer but is there a way I could just restore the audio settings? I think I've restored most settings for the audio but maybe I'm missing something.

I have a Lenovo laptop with "Realtek High Definition Audio" for the playback.

**edit: Seems to only be happening through iTunes! Just blasted some music through Youtube and the audio was fine.

A:Crackling, skipping, stuttering, lagging audio

Well, I searched around and it seems to be an issue with making sure the sound playback is at the same sampling rate as iTunes. So far so good. If anybody has the same issue I recommend making sure your iTunes sampling rate is at the same rate as the playback device settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555314/crackling-skipping-stuttering-lagging-audio/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I'm having problems with my laptop having installed Windows on it recently I've previously been using Windows XP The laptop's Audio Aspire 1520 Acer skipping an on an Acer Aspire Now when I'm playing music through any media player from both MP s on the hard drive and CDs there are frequent stutters crackles Audio skipping on an Acer Aspire 1520 and little skips every to seconds which is absolutely doing my head in I listen to most of my music through headphones so it's really noticeable It's got AMD Athlon Processor GHz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce FX Go Vinyl AC' Codec Combo Driver WDM I'm not the most technologically minded of folk so I'm really stuck as to what I can do to fix this and apologise for all the necessary detail I've probably left out I'm gutted it's not working as music's what I use my laptop for about of the time When I first fired Windows up there was no sound at all but that seemed to fix itself after a short while I still had the CD that came with the laptop and reinstalled what drivers I could off that I've also tried going to the Acer website to download the sound driver thingy from there but it's made no difference I read on another thread to try disabling it via 'device manager' restart the computer then enable it again but that's not changed anything either I don't recall there ever being a problem with the sound on XP and if someone out there has an idea how to sort this I'd be very very grateful Thanks in advance

A:Audio skipping on an Acer Aspire 1520

These cases of audio doing this are very difficult to pinpoint the cause of.

Since Vista's remodeling of the way audio works, it could be so many causes.

The best thing for now that you can do is ensure you are using the latest (and correct!) drivers straight from the manufacturers for your devices, including audio. Check everything you can no matter how much you think it's unrelated.

Start with audio driver.

Also, generally make sure your pc is optimized best as possible. Defragment hard drives. Disable anything not really needed that boots with Windows. Disable services that aren't needed. Be careful with that if you don't know.

Check your Windows Update history. If it installed any drivers, use the one from manufacturer instead.

I once fixed a laptop with this problem by going into the bios. I forget now what was wrong, but there was something not directly related to audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/31416-audio-skipping-acer-aspire-1520-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Help I'm running MSwindows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build on an HP pavilion dv notebook The computer is only about a year video Skipping files/ in and slow! audio old but lately the entire thing seems to be crashing down around my ears When booting up and shutting down it takes roughly ten minutes which is a HUGE jump from its old speed There's a lot of jittering and lag time when running something as basic as firefox to check my gmail My task manager showed processes running a list which has grown dramatically from just a few weeks ago Additionally my music skips when playing both in my media players and through flash online I'm guessing this happens because of the large number of processes which my computer is attempting to run- but I have no idea how to sort through which ones are necessary system processes and which aren't I've tried doing a virus scan with my old symantec eventually deleted it and replaced with with Avast I've done a full system scan that turned up a whole bunch of nothing I also checked the registry I'm leery to delete anything there even though the registry scan tool I downloaded is supposedly windows approved I also defragged I'm really not sure what else to do here Help

A:Skipping in audio and video files/ slow!

check the drives are running in dma mode
check your tempretures

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/skipping-in-audio-and-video-files-slow-207238.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,

I just did a fresh install of windows 8 on my system.

Specs are

Win 8
intel 3570k
8 gig 1600mhz ram
Asus p8z77 - pro
Baracude 1tb hdd
Kingston hyperx 240 g ssd

For some reason when watching you tube every so often 5 min. It seems that the video, audio and my mouse stutter. Just slows down and skips.

Not sure why this is happening. I have scanned with AVAST as well as Spy Bot Search and Destroy.

Any help would be great. THank you

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/21045-video-audio-mouse-skipping-stuttering.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Heya Audio Chrome/Mozilla Google Skipping Firefox With folks--I've got a weird little issue here that's been bugging me for a while now and I just cannot figure out what's going on Maybe y'all can Audio Skipping With Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox help Audio Skipping With Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox me here First of all I'm running Windows x on an HP Pavillion hardware details available in my profile When I'm listening to music mp s FLAC CD anything using either MediaMonkey or J River Media Center and surfing the web using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox any version my sound output skips whenever either browser is rendering a page I have a SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum sound card and an Edirol Cakewalk UA- EX USB audio interface the skipping happens regardless of which I use The two devices are not both installed at the same time I removed the SoundBlaster card and drivers before installing the Edirol All sound drivers are up-to-date Also all video motherboard hardware drivers in general are completely up-to-date as well as are all Windows updates I do not experience ANY audio skipping problems in ANY other software My computer is stuffed full of audio software for studio production and I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever in other apps--just the mp players and only when either Chrome or Firefox is rendering I've checked my system resources to make sure neither browser is spiking my CPU which could cause audio drop-outs and that's not happening whenever a browser is rendering the CPU barely takes a hit I've used every possible sound output option in both MediaMonkey and J River Media Center--MS waveOut Direct X ASIO--and it doesn't matter which output method I'm using they all skip whenever a browser is rendering a page Just to reiterate I've updated ALL of my hardware drivers to the latest available as of All audio and browser apps are updated to the latest stable versions as well The audio-sputtering issue ONLY happens with a media player and only when Chrome or Firefox is rendering a page I haven't noticed any audio drop-outs when working in IE or Opera but I only keep them around for site testing Any ideas folks I've prettymuch exhausted the limits of my knowledge here so D Pegritz

A:Audio Skipping With Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox

Some further information:

I've now tested all the browsers on my system--Mozilla Firefox 4.6, Google Chrome 5.0.335.1, IE8, and Opera 10.50, and they all cause the audio to skip. I've also started up and used Microsoft Outlook, Word, and OneNote 2010, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Drewamweaver CS4, and burnt three CDs and one DVD using either Win7's own CD burning utility and Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 while listening to music in, alternately, MediaMonkey 3.0.2.1294 and JR Media Center 14.0.50, and none of them caused any audio dropouts even when processor usage jumped to nearly 80%.

I'm now officially stumped. While just typing the above information the audio skipped several times. I verified that no other pages were loading (I'm using Chrome right now, and this is the only tab open) and all other applications were closed. I started up Microsoft Word while playing some audio and typed at least a page of random text, and the audio played flawlessly. The problem has to be somehow connected to browsers, but I cannot even begin to figure out what could be going on.

D.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/67362-audio-skipping-google-chrome-mozilla-firefox.html
Relevancy 53.32%

this happen after i left my computer on overnight which i did not intentionally do so the morning the pc audio became glitching and skipping this happen before to the same computer with the same os after playing a heavy cpu consuming game DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by pc at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes E WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost pc skipping on usage on and normal glitching sound/audio exe -k sound/audio skipping and glitching on normal usage on pc netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe E WINDOWS system igfxtray exe E WINDOWS system igfxpers exe E Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe E Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe E PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe E WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E Documents and Settings yhb Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyServer proxy singnet com sg BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - e program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - e program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - e program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - e program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe e windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot e program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun IMJPMIG quot e windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY e windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNC mRun PHIME ASync e windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A e windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun SoundMAXPnP e program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun SoundMAX quot e program files analog devices soundmax Smax exe quot tray mRun IgfxTray e windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds e windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence e windows system igfxpers exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot e program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot e program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot e program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun avast e progra alwils avast avastUI exe nogui StartupFolder e docume yhb startm programs startup adobeg lnk - e program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe StartupFolder e docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - e program files microsoft office office OSA EXE IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - e progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE QQ - e program files tencent qqintl bin AddEmotion htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - e program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - hxxp ak exe imgfarm com images nocache funwebproducts ei- ZwinkyInitialSetup cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab DPF DE A AB-A - C -AD - F CD B - hxxp download microsoft com download E E A -DFE - - C - BE clearadj... Read more

A:sound/audio skipping and glitching on normal usage on pc

generally the pc runs slower now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/sound-audio-skipping-and-glitching-on-normal-usage-on-pc-475335.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings My first audio files Slow/ PC video skipping and Running All post About a week ago I found an old CD PC Running Slow/ All audio and video files skipping ROM apparently from years ago I installed it to see what it would do I'm pretty sure that's when the problems started Since then I have removed this program and the problems still exist Problems PC running slow ALL audio video files plus CD's and DVD's are skipping or stuttering Bootup takes twice as long as before ccApp always shows up as an error when turning off or logging off very annoying program Steps I have taken Ran Norton Antivirus - full scan nothing Ran Windows Defender for spyware Found programs - cleaned those Ran registry fix program many problems fixed Ran Error Nuker fixed many problems Ran Check-It Diagnostics found no errors Checked for HyperThreading not an option on this system I'll admit I have a lot of crap on this computer I can do without but now I'm afraid to remove any other programs Let me know what you need PC Running Slow/ All audio and video files skipping me to do to help you out Please help Thanks

A:PC Running Slow/ All audio and video files skipping

can you restore to before it started ie a week ago?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-running-slow-all-audio-and-video-files-skipping-118690.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone i need some help so please any adequate suggestions would be tops so i have had this computer for about years and installed a gs and an extra gig of ram about years back and have been pleased with its okay performance on the following games -Age of Empires expansions -Spore -Rome Audio and White Freezing, Skipping Flashes Games all and Medival Total war I set the graphics on each game to low so that i can get a good - fps that is without AA shadows Bloom just stuff that wouldnt give me a poor frame rate But then i installed Battlefield days ago and set it to high without AA about fps for about days it was running fine White Flashes and all Games Freezing, Audio Skipping then it froze But the audio was still running but skipping sometimes it would go back to normal then about nother seconds in would do the same again Both were happeining about minutes into White Flashes and all Games Freezing, Audio Skipping the game no error messages or anything So after shutting it down and turining it on again i found that any game i ran was emitting these little white specks that were flashing quickly and then freezing again But it wasnt just happeining with BF but every game that was working well beforehand I have since uninstalled and got rid o BF thinking that was the source of the problem but it was not successful so i installed all updates drivers direct x but still is freezing and being so there is my situation please anyone HELP ME or i might have to get an entire new system as a last resort i love playing these games now its like its been taken away from me by that slut BF can anyone help me nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

hi all i made a post similar to this one before in the hardware section but im skipping/stuttering/crackling/popping audio problems starting to doubt its a hardware problem i have a creative audigy platinum ex sound card audio skipping/stuttering/crackling/popping problems that started to crackle and pop when i played sound in winamp it wasnt too big a deal at first but it became louder and more invasive after a while so i figured my sound card was the problem so i got an m-audio audiophile card and the problem was still there this is terrible for me as i use a lot of audio editing multitracking software and these programs would also stutter and crackle whether i was recording audio or just playing back so i figured whatever ill use the onboard soundcard for a while but even that one is doing the same thing with winamp the crackling wasnt as often as with the creative m-audio cards when i use any audio editing software however it would crackle a little then the whole comuter started to slow down i made a habit of keeping task manager open while using the software to check what was eating up the cpu and it was the audio program but i noticed if i closed the audio program quick enough the cpu load would transfer to another program and if i closed that program it would transfer to another program for a few seconds usually my antivirus another problem i have is with youtube about a minute into any video the sound stutters so it sounds almost like an echo and the video along with it in task manager it shows iexplorer exe using cpu ive tried everything i updated all my drivers made sure my hdds are in ultra dma mode switched out various pci devices video card sound cards network cards i read all over the internet and tried almost everything i thought it might be irq interrupts because both my sound and video cards were on with my creative card but with m-audio they were on seperate irqs plus even my onboard soundcard stutters please i know this is a long and boring post but the last thing i want to do is to have to reinstall windows and all my software if anyone has any ideas id be more than grateful thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

HI i have a problem with my audio playback i have a USB external Sound Blaster Bit sound card when i plisten to music its skipping playing skipping playing !? Audio Solved: / fast garbled / faster than it should scratchy sounds during playing this isnt happening all the time windows sounds when Solved: garbled Audio / skipping / playing fast !? shutting down the computer for an example the sounds for shut down are so f ast and Solved: garbled Audio / skipping / playing fast !? scratchy its very heard to listen to its not correct by any means very odd things i have done so far sfc scannow run reg cleaner reinstalled drivers applications for the sounds card none of this i am typing is in any particular order but have done most everything i know uninstalled windows media player and runtime reinstalled windows media player run reg cleaner disabled the onboard audio system BIOS set the windows sceme to default checked and rechecked all setting in the control panel Audio amp sounds set the preferences in wmp and have set up all the settings in the sound card as well i have never had this experience with this sound card on my old machine this is a new machine built it myself adn a new copy of windows XP sp all up dates ect this is happening in itunes vlc player amp windows media player but not when i am playing any of my online games there isnt any problems there so i think that it is a direct x problem is this correct thanks for any leads to fixing this problem Cheers MGT nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings My first post About a week ago I found an old Pc Skipping Files Running Audio/video Slow/ All CD ROM apparently Pc Running Slow/ All Audio/video Files Skipping from years ago I installed it to see what it would do I m pretty sure that s when the problems started Since then I have removed this program and the problems still exist Problems PC running slow ALL audio video files plus CD s and DVD s are skipping or stuttering Bootup takes twice as long as before ccApp always shows up as an error when turning Pc Running Slow/ All Audio/video Files Skipping off or logging off very annoying program Steps I have taken Ran Norton Antivirus - full scan nothing Ran Windows Defender for spyware Found programs - cleaned those Ran registry fix program many problems fixed Ran Error Nuker fixed many problems Ran Check-It Diagnostics found no errors Checked for HyperThreading not an option on this system Have Defragged Have removed a lot of junk I ll admit I have a lot of crap on this computer I can do without but now I m afraid to remove any other programs Let me know what you need me to do to help you out Please help Thanks Moderator Edit Moved topic to more appropriate forum Animal

A:Pc Running Slow/ All Audio/video Files Skipping

Use Windows System Restore to revert your system state to a previous working condition.

click start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

The System Restore wizard will lead you through the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67041/pc-running-slow-all-audiovideo-files-skipping/
Relevancy 53.32%

Operating on Windows XP Alright I dont know too much about computers but a friend sent my HP Pavilion to Staples to be fixed Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Problem Symbols as a birthday present and apparently the kid didnt know what he was doing because I have once been walked through restarting my laptop from scratch and did a better job with the help from a friend Problems My cursor skips and my music audio graphics do as well I do not know why and am pretty illiterate with computers so I dare not mess with it without help My keys are all scrambled it seems the characters are where they are meant to be but the symbols for the most part are all over the place I have had people tell me to change the language of my keyboard for my laptop but I am in Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Symbols Problem Canadian multilingual Standard and this is my question mark I change it to English Canada and this is still my question mark I have found the question mark since For the one language its shift in the other its shift Any help on either of these problems would be greatly appreciated though more so the skipping as I can deal with my lack of symbols at least for now If you need any certain information to help please let me know and I will make an attempt to find it -Ktcm nbsp

A:Music/Audio/Cursor Skipping + Symbols Problem

Alright so I am fairly certain I posted this in the wrong topic, or at least half in the wrong topic. x_x; Sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-audio-cursor-skipping-symbols-problem.913579/
Relevancy 53.32%

Right I m not sure if this is the correct display desktop every or so.. starts Audio skipping/jumping second and forum for me to talk Audio and desktop display starts skipping/jumping every second or so.. about this problem but perhaps the thread can be moved if it is better suited elsewhere My problem is that I have a Compaq Presario desktop and it has developed a problem that has me stumped Basically after the computer has been switched on for a time the computers audio and visual display start skipping at a rate of once per second or so Its hard to explain but what happens is if there is any audio playing it will still play but slightly jump every second or so At the same time the desktop display will jump too as if it freezes for a split second For example if I move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other during this time it will stop once or twice rather than moving accross smoothly So far the only way I can stop this problem is restarting the computer and even then it starts happening again eventually I have updated and run lots of antivirus and anti-spyware scans AVG AdAware Spybot but to no avail I even booted in safe mode to carry out a scan and the problem happened again even when the computer was running in safe mode Then I thought it could be a driver problem so I tried rolling back certain drivers Video Audio Ethernet in case they had been updated and were causing problems This did not solve it So then I searched for the newest audio and video drivers for my computer and installed them This did not solve the problem either Since this started happening I have been keeping an eye on what processes are running on the computer when the problem starts but there are no processes out of the ordinary showing up in the proccesses tab when it occurs So then I started thinking maybe it is a problem with my Ram so I ran two runs with Memtest and the tool showed up no errors with my GB of ram For reference shown below are some of the system details from the computer And thats where I am now I don t know what else to try and I am really stumped as to what is causing this annoying problem If anybody can help and shed some light on any possible solutions or has any idea about what is causing this I d be very grateful nbsp

A:Audio and desktop display starts skipping/jumping every second or so..

Try trading out everything to find out what hardware is defective... at this point you don't know where to begin, I suppose.
SAFE Mode: When you cold boot to Safe Mode, dos the problem appear? If not, your video graphics port may be bad.
Video Graphics: Try any different video graphics card. If you have integrated on-board video, try installing any video card... pci, agp, pci-e... whatever your computer motherboard allows.
Power Supply: Any power supply is capable of strange things, and Compaq power supplies are stranger than most. You might be able to borrow one to test... or replace yours for under $50
Optical Drive. These, too, can cause strange problems as they age. Disconnect what you have to test, or try another temporarily.
Hard Drive (try any other hard drive, install with your recovery disc, then see if the problem is still there.) This will tell you if it is a windows install problem or a hard drive in the midst of failing.
Audio socket? try any PCI audio card, if on integrated audio, or to test if current card is bad. )
Monitor... Does the problem occur when plugged into another monitor?
If you have a floppy drive, borrow a Windows 98 or Windows ME boot floppy, and see what happens... otherwise, boot to a CD.
Other hard ware item, if bad, can emit spurious responses to input... anything in a pci slot.
Likliest culprit, based on our work on a huge number of Compaqs would be the power supply. Second choice, the video port.
Good luck. Let us know what you determined the problem to be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-desktop-display-starts-skipping-jumping-every-second-or-so.99762/
Relevancy 52.89%

Good afternoon everyone i d like to seconds. Solved: audio/video 1 for Laptop skipping randomly ask for some insight on my case which could help me sort out this problem of mine If i remember right it started around - months ago at the most My Lenovo laptop started skipping both audio and video for seconds while making a quot BUZZING quot sound effect randomly between - - - minutes intervallums It happens whatever i do watch a movie listen to music play a game watch youtube watch streams anything really This youtube videos shows basically my problem while for me it doesn t happen as frequently in video playback as for that individual I wouldn t call it lagging constantly rather just skipping frames randomly http www youtube com watch v CF Pvdsz UM amp t m s So afterwards i ve tried to search the internet for possible sollutions and if i remember right i did most of these things already with little to no success - The top comment on that youtube link suggest to uninstall the IDE ATA ATAPI controllers and let windows reinstall others through the windows update This is the only sollution that HELPED ME Solved: Laptop randomly skipping audio/video for 1 seconds. a little bit i think It might be a Solved: Laptop randomly skipping audio/video for 1 seconds. placebo effect but i think the freezing skipping turned down from - seconds to - seconds - I ve also tried unchecking this http imgur com yhy fiJ - I ve also tried running a full Malware amp Virus scan - I ve also tried to update the audio video drivers to my best ability - I ve also tried disabling wireless controller in the device manager - I ve also tried installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology - I ve also tried running DPC Latency Checker which showed everything green - I ve also tried a Tweaking dot com - Windows Repair All in Solved: Laptop randomly skipping audio/video for 1 seconds. One - I ve also tried to rule out overheating as an issue because the quot buzzing skip quot also happened at the moment when Speedfan wasn t showing high temperatures at all http imgur com Wqj mrV Here are some of my specs in case they are helping you guys Lenovo W Thinkpad Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Two graphics card Intel R HD Graphics and NVIDIA Quadro M GB RAM GB ST AS ATA Device I m open to any suggestions requests but please try to make it understandable to someone who isn t an information technologist Thank you in advance Edit It might be still an overheating issue because it happens much more often when the temperatures are high but i m not too sure what to do about those because i already have an USB Cooler below the laptop which from the looks of it doesn t help that much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-randomly-skipping-audio-video-for-1-seconds.1141889/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Ive had a Dell Inspiron E for about years now -Windows in E1505 I Inspiron Audio Laptop cd or Dell skipping my play a when dvd XP Home SP -Genuine Intel CPU T ghz - Audio skipping when I play a cd or dvd in my Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop x Centrino Duo - GB of RAM -EHM OTENWT SCSI CdRom Device -PHILIPS DVD -RW SDVD I ve never had any problems with my cd drive until today when I was ripping a burnt cd When the cd had songs left to rip it stopped and wouldn t rip no more the cd was pretty scratched so I tried to rip just the last songs attempts for each song with no luck I ejected the disc and put in a different one non burnt and the audio was jumpy and skipping I tried other cds since then and they all have jumpy and skipping audio I tried a dvd and the audio was the same way the video was affected a little if any at all Although I have a video game already installed on my computer which takes the game disc to play and I put in the game disc and the audio was just fine it loaded up and I played it for minute I CAN play audio from the harddrive and the internet and it sounds just fine I CAN still rip cds with windows media player and when I play them back it sounds just fine I have nottried to burn anything yet ALSO the light on my cd drive s door flashes maybe insync with the skipping audio kinda seems like it I read a similiar thread on here but different and someone said to look in device manager under quot IDE ATA ATAPI controllers quot then go to it s properties then go to advanced tab and change it to DMA but I dont have an advanced tab in ATA ATAPI controllers tab s properties In the properties for quot Primary IDE Channel quot there is an quot Advanced Settings quot tab which has Device and Device under quot Transfer Mode quot Device and both say DMA if available Under quot Current Transfer Mode quot Device says Ultra DMA Mode Device says Not Applicable In the properties for quot Secondary IDE Channel quot under quot Advanced Settings quot there is Device and again under quot Tranfer Mode quot Device and both say DMA if available Under quot Current Transfer Mode quot Device says PIO Mode Device says Not Applicable I m not sure if that helps you but I thought I d mention it I have not changed anything in device manager yet Any help at all will be greatly appreciated If there is any addtional information you would like me to post please let me know and I will asap Thank You nbsp

A:Audio skipping when I play a cd or dvd in my Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop

bump

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-skipping-when-i-play-a-cd-or-dvd-in-my-dell-inspiron-e1505-laptop.910927/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I have an HP Pavillion dv6385ea laptop, running XP.
For about 2 weeks now I've been having some problems with it.
After a reboot it takes about 5-7 minutes to start up. The CPU uasge is always high, even right after start-up.
My mouse cursor keeps getting stuck every few minutes, and when i try to play audio or video files the audio and video are skipping.
I updated my drivers and codecs, and scanned for viruses, but nothing helped.
I'd really thank you for your help.
Maya

Relevancy 52.46%

I have had my old pentium for years I by wireless network card? drop outs/skipping caused audio 802.11n put windows on it with more memory upgraded GPU amp added a wireless n network card I have tried audio drop outs/skipping caused by 802.11n wireless network card? the on board P audio drop outs/skipping caused by 802.11n wireless network card? C asus audio as well as audio drop outs/skipping caused by 802.11n wireless network card? different sound cards from 'creative' but no matter what I do I get this audio interference and I suppose it resembles the popping and cracking of the static on a vinyl LP record when the styli hits the deck and spins I have tried several different tracks with different headphones and it is always the same Anyone got any ideas please PS On any given recording the sound is distorted like if you record a cassette tape with the volume right up high causing saturation However all the faders in windows are set to about max as is my headset volume I've just noticed that when I play a high quality audio CD ROM purchased not downloaded poor quality internet junk the interference seems to be in time with the transmission LED on the n network card There are about six PCI slots on the back of the case but even when I put the network card at the very bottom and the sound card at the very top slot the network cards aerials are always within inches of the headset cable and are often right between the aerials Does anyone know if a local network can cause this to happen and is there a solution please i e drop outs skipping stuttering etc

A:audio drop outs/skipping caused by 802.11n wireless network card?

Wi-Fi is a known cause of popping and crackling. If you must have a wireless connection have you tried disabling the wireless controller when you play audio? to verify that is the problem. That would be the first step in trying to resolve the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/282475-audio-drop-outs-skipping-caused-802-11n-wireless-network-card.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a MSI K T Neo motherboard socket AMD processor M ram an gig Western Digital drive and a gig one I am running Windows XP everything working Both my drives register and I have ran successful diagnostic programs however every once in awhile I hear a sound like a fan kicking in then shutting off right away Whenever this occurs any program skipping...temp. skipping drive hard programs running lock up and quot Program Not Responding quot shows up If I click cancel every hard drive skipping...temp. program skipping once in awhile the program will resume If that takes too long I end program and I can usually go back into it and have it work fine until the next random glitch I am not sure if this sound is one of the drives or something else Sometimes it will do it a couple times in a row every once in awhile a blue windows error screen pops up saying something about a kernel issue I am not familiar with kernels All my disk drives show up on my motherboards BIOS so I do not believe they are corrupt Windows will restart if I power up my computer after a crash The type of program operating doesn t seem to make a difference in this glitch it can happen even if the computer is idle Is this hard disk problems power issues Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I am requesting help for a problem that has been happening to my computer for around a week now The problem is whenever I m playing a video game OR Skipping Windows on the desktop and working my computer seems to skip or quot freeze quot for - seconds then goes back to normal Windows Skipping This happends about every minute or so and it has started to irrate me that I cant complete work as I would like or play games as I should Specs Windows XP Professional gb WD Video Card Geforce Ti Ram Processsor Pent Speed GHZ Power WATT Sound Card Soundblaster Pro Live I ve already tried customizing the page file or swap file as others have instructed me to do on other forums I ve also tried REFORMATTING and REINSTALLING everything and also reinstalling all drivers for Video and other things to try to correct this problem I dont know what other solutions I can take as nothing seems to be working I am requesting dire assitance in fixing this problem please help Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I m posting this here because someone told me that it was a hardware problem Every time my computer plays some sort of audio no matter whether mp or wav or "Skipping" audio whatever the audio quot skips quot In other words there seems to be pauses in the sound that only last a millisecond or though but it is sooooooooo anoying I have mb "Skipping" audio of RAM and have run a number of tests on it and all have come up fine It started doing this about October-November and worked fine before that When I mentioned this to someone else they said that it was the processor on the soundcard causing the problem He said that he experienced it before and fixed it by replacing the soundcard One more thing it seems to happen more often when I click on something or when I use the mouse s scroll wheel etc I haven t tried a new soundcard yet as I wanted some more opinions before I try anything thanks -tim p s I have put system monitor up and watched the memory and processor usage but neither seem to be the culprit info PIII Mhz mb SDRAM Win Se integrated sound nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, been a while since I posted here.
I've searched around on google and on these forums about sound skipping in windows 7; most results are for the end of songs skipping, but that is not my case. Every sound that plays, whether it be the logon chime, sound from games or music, you name it, it skips.
I don't know what might have changed in the last 72 hours, as this issue arised within that timeframe. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my soundcard (Onboard SoundMAX something-rather).

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFi/AP
AMD Phenom x4 9950
4GB Mushkin RAM
1.2+TB of storage
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakers
POS Ghetto Mic

I will do my best to provide any additional information that could help the diagnosis of this issue. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows 7 x64 All Sound Skipping

The second you mentioned this problem I knew you had a sound max that came bundled with an asus board. Had to actually go to soundmax for the update, asus didn't have anything post vista available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/143214-windows-7-x64-all-sound-skipping.html
Relevancy 44.29%

my windows media player v10 skips when i play mp3s. what could be wrong with it? what to do? i tried to close and re-open the program but it keeps on happening. but when i try to re-play the songs, they don't skip anymore but there are time they skip also but on another part of the song. help again please. thanks.

A:windows media player skipping

Try this......
On the Tools menu, click Options>Devices tab.
Click the CD drive for which you want to turn on error correction, and then click Properties.
In the Playback area of the Audio tab, select the Use error correction check box.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-skipping-52200.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a strange problem (I guess everyone says that for all of their problems) and it is that Windows Media Player 10 stopped playing music files on and off CD. I was playing Green Day, and as soon as I double-clicked on it, it would play a second or so nicely, then it would start skipping. I tried playing in iTunes, and it works perfectly. I don't know what's happening with WMP. I like WMP for all my music files, but I'm so frustrated that it doesn't work!

EDIT: Somehow, it fixed itself, so I guess I don't need this thread anymore, but if it comes again, I'll ask you guys!

MODERATORS: Please delete this thread. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-10-sound-skipping.433590/
Relevancy 44.29%

All right I m going to preface this with a little info so that the most obvious questions can be ruled out Like whether the DVD itself is bad I was running Windows and used to watch DVDs using Windows Media Player Never had any issues I ve been getting notifications for months that I can upgrade to Windows for free and I ve been ignoring them because everything works I should say quot worked quot DVD Player Windows Skipping Picture I suppose and I didn t plan to upgrade my OS until I bought a Windows DVD Player Picture Skipping new computer in a year or two A few days ago I got home from work and had a notification that my computer was going to upgrade to Windows and the only option I had was several postponement duration options no rejection option It was late and I was going to bed in a couple of hours and didn t know if any of my programs would work properly in Windows so I hit the hour postponement option so that I could do more research when I had the time such as on a weekend Next day Day before yesterday I also got home from work late and again chose to hit the hour postponement button so that I could wait until today to properly look into it About minutes later my computer restarted itself and began installing Windows I was not pleased at that and the process took about an hour and a half and by the end of the process I was already in bed My internet seems fine and most of my programs seem unaffected thus far but today I tried playing a DVD and I m having picture problems It isn t the DVD because I ve tried DVDs all of which I ve recently watched I used to use Windows Media Player but it seems that in Windows WMP doesn t play DVDs It wants me to use Windows DVD Player The DVDs play absolutely perfectly windowed as long as I keep the window to of my screen or less Tried on both monitors with same result but as soon as I maximize the window go to full screen mode or make the window too large the picture skips very frequently and makes the DVDs basically unwatchable The skipping is erratic in frequency but I d guess on average - skips every seconds or so There also doesn t seem to be a button to press within the program to adjust or even look at the program settings I m still looking into this but I m quite frustrated at this point I should also point out that the audio is completely and totally unaffected Anyone else experience anything like this or have any suggestions I realize this is a little long winded but I wanted to include everything relevant so thanks for taking the time to read through all of it

A:Windows DVD Player Picture Skipping

Blame Microsoft. The Redmond crowd have decided to 'push' you into getting Windows 10 even if you don't want it. But there are ways to prevent this and its possible to revert back to Windows 7. Bit the do not make it easy. On purpose.Some recent links about this.http://www.itpro.co.uk/operating-systems/26090/dont-like-windows-10-heres-how-to-uninstall-it-1http://betanews.com/2016/05/24/be-angry-at-microsoft-for-windows-10/http://www.pcworld.com/article/3066844/windows/20-fixes-for-a-windows-10-update-meltdown.htmlSomebody even wrote a program to do it for you! (Not tested!)Questionable link removed...People are angry      

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156196.0.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have just recently rebuilt an old computer and decided to put XP on it. Upon installation, on the blue screen file copying stage, it keeps saying it cannot find file and prompts me to either quit, skip the file or retry.

At the end, afte I've skipped the files, it comes up with the error "Cannot read line 0 from havfile.dll - Setup cannot continue"

Any advice on what to do here would be greatly apprieciated.

A:Windows Installation Files Skipping

That is usually a memory error . . XP is using memory at that stage of the install and if it is weak, this will happen.

You can download and run memtest to rule that out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installation-files-skipping.539929/
Relevancy 43.86%

I did a fresh format of Windows 10 and ever since whenever I play video in VLC or media player it skips/stutters every couple minutes. It never did this before on Windows 8.1. I've already checked to make sure I have the latest video card driver as well as updating sound and other drivers. If I can't get this to stop happening I'll have to find a way to go back to 8.1 since I mainly use my laptop for playing movies. My laptop is an i3, 4gb ram. Thank you

A:Help: Video playback skipping after Windows 10 upgrade

The upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 doesn't always go well and can cause some programs and/or devices to stop working or work improperly.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-video-playback-skipping-after-windows-10-upgrade.1160410/
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently when watching dvd's in Windows Media Player the movies skip. Its just the video. I have played the same movies in VLC Media player and they work fine. I have also tried using an external dvd player but the same problem occurs. My computer is a Dell Inspiron N5010 running Windows 7.

Any ideas on what the problem is or how to fix it? Thank you.

A:DVD's Video Skipping in Windows Media Player

On Windows 7:
Launch the "sound" control panel applet.
On the playback tab, select the playback device you are using (mine was "Speakers / Headphones")
Click the properties button.
Select the "Enhancement" tab
Check the "Disable all enhancements" check box.
Click Apply and skipping stopped for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvds-video-skipping-in-windows-media-player.1047146/
Relevancy 43.86%

I keep getting an error every time i run Windows Backup Utility

"Backup skipped backing up F:\Recorded TV as it is on the backup target."

What does this mean, and how can i get to stop skipping files?

A:Windows Backup Utility keeps skipping files

If you are backing up to F: then Windows backup will not allow you to backup files that are already on F:. You need to go into "Change Settings" on the backup screen. On second screen select "let me chose" and remove any checkboxes against folders on F:

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/214457-windows-backup-utility-keeps-skipping-files.html