Windows Support Forum

Lenovo laptop issue

Q: Lenovo laptop issue

Problem began a few weeks ago with the lap turn not shutting down...would only go to hibernate... now I can't run any virus software or malware software both of which are installed on hard drive, it gives me a message that foxfire is running and I need to close it but it won't allow me to close anything...even loaded malware on external hd and tried to run it from there but the computer won't open it up...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo laptop issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lenovo laptop issue

What OS (Operating System) are you using? To shutdown firefox, right click the taskbar & on the menu that pops up left click Start Task Manager & go to the Processes Tab,find firefox,highlight it & click End process. You might get a pop up asking you to confirm it,click yes & X out of Task Manager.
You need to install Malwarebytes on the harddrive. Once its installed, update it & run a (full) scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-laptop-issue.194154/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a lenovo g560 and noticed the wired network adapter is not accessible in the control panel. It shows up in the device manager, but I can't modify the ip settings, because it simply isn't there. wth? The wireless is working fine.

A:Lenovo Laptop networking issue

So when you go to Network and Sharing Center, and click on Change Adapter Settings in the left panel, there's nothing there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503796/lenovo-laptop-networking-issue/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I m writing in to ask someone who's really computer savvy for two distinct problems with a month old Lenovo Y Ideapad Laptop of mine It runs Windows -bit Basically I haven t seen either of these two issues sound-freezing visual crop up with anybody else including Lenovo s own website so I ll be over the moon if anyone can shed some light I'll explain the first issue in detail Here goes From early on this laptop has had ridiculous freezing issues There s no virus on it or anything like that on it I've estimated that the laptop has Laptop [SOLVED] Issue Lenovo freezes an average of at least twice a day and it's had maybe BSODs I ve updated all Drivers and done a clean wipe [SOLVED] Lenovo Laptop Issue and reinstallation of Windows --I have no choice [SOLVED] Lenovo Laptop Issue it s built in with the laptop system--but to no avail it still freezes like anything There is no pattern to the freezing The laptop could just freeze if opening up a document or worse if saving one However I did notice it to be slightly worse when I was running multiple videos on Youtube Finally I sort of isolated a problem If starting the Computer up WITHOUT Audio RUN MSCONFIG Services disable Windows Audio at startup there are basically NO hangs freezes whatsoever You can run it for hours and hours Apparently the same thing happens if run in Safe Mode there appear to be no freeze issues This got me thinking quot It must be a Drivers issue quot so I checked the Drivers again However both the Realtek Drivers Realtek was built in with the laptop and Windows audio are updated I also tried disabling Realtek and running only Windows Audio but that didn t work The only time the computer runs fine is when sound is disabled So unless I want to run it all the time without any sound and I honestly don t then it's a random crash session Now I thought I d isolated the problem to the bizarre sound related issue but then I noticed something else If I use another mouse on the laptop--my year old [SOLVED] Lenovo Laptop Issue one--it cuts the number of hangs to the point I only get like every or so days even with sound enabled So that confused the problem even more Depending on which mouse used it seemingly affects the laptop What does that have to do with the sound Is this just a hardware Windows compatibility issue I don t get Finally the laptop has a visual problem I max out the brightness but no matter what the screen is always so dark If you look at a dark web page or a screen with a dark background or if you re watching a dark video you can only hear what s going on assuming of course one isn't forced to disable the audio Even adjusting brightness in the Intel Graphics Media Control Panel doesn t help it becomes over-saturated with colour or brightness and I can tell that it doesn t look right It s almost like the Laptop refuses to go any brighter despite being at on the indicator Yes I know this sounds like I have an overall bad Laptop but I'm dying to know how I can avert these issues I still think there s a way to get over this if I can isolate problems with the audio only I don t know what to do from there Can anybody give a helping hand what steps to take please Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Lenovo Laptop Issue

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Quote:

6 month old Lenovo Y580 Ideapad

Contact Lenovo and claim warranty. They will fix all the issues you are having.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-lenovo-laptop-issue-698490.html
Relevancy 58.48%

lenovo g500 is a restarting automatically and displaying a blue with lenovo logo and than its not proceeding. I am using window 7 professional with 1gb Ram and 500gb hdd. please check attachment. I am wating for your quick response   

p500.jpg ?80 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-laptop-system-issue-Not-prosseding-after-lenovo-logo/td-p/3351240
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
During the installation process for Windows 8 consumer preview, my laptop screen displayed very poor resolution, so poor that I could hardly see anything. The problem continued after installation completed. I can only now see things through a second monitor. Things seem to also work when I put the laptop display on duplicate or extend mode
I have read many posts on similar problem, and have been installing many drivers, but nothing seem to help!... Would someone please point me to the right driver for my computer? Some info on my laptop is below for your reference. Computer info: Ideapad U460; video: Intel (r) HD graphic; Windows 8 consumer preview 64-bitThanks !

A:Graphic issue with Lenovo IdeaPad laptop

Originally Posted by nxaquoc

Hi,
During the installation process for Windows 8 consumer preview, my laptop screen displayed very poor resolution, so poor that I could hardly see anything. The problem continued after installation completed. I can only now see things through a second monitor. Things seem to also work when I put the laptop display on duplicate or extend mode
I have read many posts on similar problem, and have been installing many drivers, but nothing seem to help!... Would someone please point me to the right driver for my computer? Some info on my laptop is below for your reference. Computer info: Ideapad U460; video: Intel (r) HD graphic; Windows 8 consumer preview 64-bitThanks !

Lenovo Ideapad U460 has an Nvidia card according to my searches (either a 4XXM or 3XXM). Could you post your hardware ID's of your graphics card and possibly find out if there is a specific model on the bottom of the laptop?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/5454-graphic-issue-lenovo-ideapad-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,I bought my laptop today and I see there is a accute heat problem after using it for an hour.Severe heat is observed below the body of laptop towards right side and on left side of laptop it is quiet cool as I feel fan is situated towards left side of lap.Could you please provide me an input at the earliest as I will be moving abroad next and need to get this issue resolved if it is unusual.

A:Lenovo u41-70 laptop heat sink issue

hi Sriharshahonne,

Welcome to the Forums.

When you power up the machine, can you observe the temps of the CPU/GPU by using HWInfo / HWmonitor or similar utility while the unit is idle and under load (normal temps should be between 50C-70C on light to medium load @ 24C-28C room temperature). However, if the CPU and GPU are fully stressed, the temps will hit around 80C-90C

Check this Lenovo U41-70 review
 - Link to picture (temp readings using HWInfo)

if the temp. is too hot and you feel uncomfortable & can barely use the unit on your lap then you may want to consider contacting the lenovo helpdesk to report the issue or the place of purchase (if it's still possible to exchange the unit).

Support phone list

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-u41-70-laptop-heat-sink-issue/td-p/2148697
Relevancy 52.03%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 50.31%

"[email protected] +1-888-995-2099 for Lenovo Laptop support, fell free call us for better Lenovo laptop technical support & help. Our technician always ready to help you at any time.
lenovo thinkpad support, lenovo customer service phone number, lenovo customer care, lenovo customer support number, lenovo chat support, lenovo customer care number, lenovo help desk, lenovo customer support phone number, lenovo live chat, lenovo driver support, lenovo support center, lenovo troubleshooting, lenovo contact number, lenovo helpline, contact lenovo support
Lenovo support | +1-888-995-2099 | lenovo customer service

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76211-lenovo-laptop-support-1-888-995-2099-lenovo-customer.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Basically i have a DVDs. do from Recovery Lenovo Laptop Creating wont media me Laptop let Lenovo ThinkPad L laptop I've created the recovery DVDs but unbeknown to me at the time - you're only allowed to create one set What i'd like Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do is to put this onto a USB stick Currently i have DVD - Boot Media mb The boot DVD containing quot BOOT quot folder BootMgr file which is quite small amp Winre Wim at about mb DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder amp Autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder amp recovery folder NO autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder LenovoQDrive file qdrive icon file My USB stick is GB capacity So basically i'd like to make Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do the USB stick the recovery media I can't do this from the laptop as Lenovo only let you create one so how can i do this Can i do this would be the first question amp if so - how

A:Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do

Hi Nelly I also have an Lenovo its a different model than yous is but I can make as many copies of the recovery discs
as I want . You could make a systems image which would be a lot better than the recovery discs as with them you will always have the bloated software that comes with Lenovo models saying that you would need a lot more space than your 16gb usb drive .

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272713-creating-lenovo-laptop-recovery-media-dvds-laptop-wont-let-me-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

When logging on, I am directed to a temporary account that was created by Lenovo in my name instead of the original. I can not delete the account.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,I've got problem with 802.11n same as here:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-802-11n-issue/m-p/1874163#M79896BUT, i've got arleady the channel width on 20_40Mhz, because my router doesn't support 20Mhz, only 20_40 and 50.My internet speed is 72Mpbs (in Wi-Fi condition), but on speedtest.net it's like 25Mbps. Somebody knows how to fix this, speed it up to 150Mbps?It happened after router change i guess.Thanks for all.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-802-11n-issue/td-p/3465236
Relevancy 44.29%

hi, I have a couple of Lenovo Z50-70 computers (modelnr 20354). EAN: 0888772511395I want to upgrade the laptops with a Samsung 840 Evo SSD.But, after migration (with Samsung Migration software) the laptops have problems with booting from the SSD.When i use a HDDcaddy (instead of the optical drive) i have the same problems.The computer de bios herkend de originele hdd en de SSD, but i think there is a HDD priority issue in the BIOS.I do a lot of SSD upgrades for my work, but this is new for me.I also tried to install the original image of the HDD on the SSD(Our image server makes the image usable for SSD). I Hope someone can help me with this problem. (apologize for my bad english  

A:Lenovo Z50-70 SSD issue

So, sometimes the notebook boots well, sometime's it won't boot, sometimes after a very long LENOVO screen...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-70-SSD-issue/td-p/1650150
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Lenovo I recently bought a G - and noticed a problem with posterization otherwise known as color banding or the absence of dithering My googlefu has come up with various ideas on fixing the issue such as updating the Radeon R drivers recalibrating the display and using the Lenovo Settings to tweak the color settings -- all to no avail nbsp nbsp I began to think it was a problem with the screen being unable to produce bit posterization Lenovo G51-35 issue colors so I nbsp hooked it up to an external monitor that does nbsp show bit The problem persists over to the other screen so I don't believe it to be the laptop screen Another thread from last year on this forum said the solution was to adjust the angle of the monitor but in practice this doesn't fix the problem if anything it worsens it This narrows it down to the BIOS configuration or driver issues nbsp nbsp At this point I can't think of anything else to try and resolve the issue Any ideas Because of the posterization I can't Lenovo G51-35 posterization issue reliably use the computer for any form of graphic design which is part of the reason I bought it nbsp My gut is telling me that dithering is disabled somewhere in the BIOS config but I have no idea how to enable it Any insight into checking this would be nice nbsp Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp EDIT Not sure why this posted in the wrong forum might need moved by a moderator

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-G51-35-posterization-issue/td-p/3330865
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I have a G510 laptop. Few days back the LAN stopped working. It does not detect the ethernet connection....It says 'unidentified network'. I tried a system recovery, did a full antivirus scan but the problem still persists. Please help me out...I'm really worried!

A:Lenovo G510 LAN issue

Hi Saum , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

How did you do system recovery ? 
Was is just a system restore or a full factory system recovery using the novo button from initial back up ?
Was there any yellow marks on device manager ?
Any blinking link lights on the port connection of the cable when plugged in?

Update us so we can further isolate the issue.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G510-LAN-issue/td-p/3305746
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Lenovo y50. Just now i was trying to update my bios but during the process my system was stuck. Its been in this state for about an hour and i dont know what to do. kindly help me with this issue. I have uploaded the picture of the state in which my screen is stuck right now.
Thanks!

A:Lenovo Y50 Update Issue

Contact Lenovo. If you power it down, you can end up with a dead laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69797-lenovo-y50-update-issue.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to help a friend out with the above laptop. The issue he has is that when he powers it on, it loads all the way through to the desktop screen, but he's left with a black screen and cursor.

Everything else up to that point works, he gets the Windows 7 loading screen, when it has gone to the black screen - pressing ctrl, Alt and Delete brings up task manager etc, as it should do, but there's just nothing displayed for the desktop.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to look for? I'd have thought it would be a screen problem, but as I said everything else works normally.

Incidentally, booting into safe mode, it does the same thing. You get the white text in the 4 corners saying 'safe mode' and also the current build of windows text.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.86%

I just bought the Lenovo N21 Chromebook.  Really like it a lot but my issue is that i cannot get the battery to show a 100 percent full charge. It only reaches 92 percent and light goes green and will not go further no matter if i leave it plugged in. I seem to be getting good hours on a charge but worry that unit is defective. Any help...Thx

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/Lenovo-N21-Battery-issue/td-p/3377107
Relevancy 43.86%

Broadcom 802.11ac wifi adapter When i play for about 1 hour any online game (like LoL) my ping spikes at 5000, if i control my fan it works for hours with no problemsAny ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-WIFI-ISSUE/td-p/3343057
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello nbsp i have a lenovo Z it is a powerful machine I processor GB nbsp RAM TB HDD SSDHD Nvidia GEFORCE but i have found out that the wireless network card can go Z50 Lenovo wireless issue only to mbpsso i tried to replace it with another one also lenovo when i turned on the laptop i goot a message that i have an unauthorized wireless card please turn off the laptop and remove the card nbsp i have started to google the problem and i have found out that exists such thing as a whitelist for the wireless cards that can be used with a specific model of laptop nbsp i have found that whitelist nbsp and a i have foud out that only aproved wireless cards for this model of laptop are only x type is there any way of instaling a x wifi card it is frustrating to know that you have a verry good machine but you can't use at it's Lenovo Z50 wireless issue maximum power my wifi model is qualcom Atheros AR x nbsp BR

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-wireless-issue/td-p/3454681
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi !I've got a problem with my laptop since five days ago. Asthe title said, my problem is with the bluetooth. Indeed, I used to use a bluetooth headspeaker with my computer but it has just stopped working abruptly.It was saying "driver problem" with the peripheral device so I downloaded the driver which corresponded with my Windows but it don't want to setup it ; when it proposed me to install Bluetooth Driver (Atheros now a message pop up "no appropriate Driver to be installed".I don't know what to do because it worked fine last weed.Thanks for you response.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Z50-70 bluetooth issue

hi MarieNville,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you please try the following:

1. Navigate to Control Panel (icon views) > Programs and Features and remove any apps that relates to Bluetooth (reboot if necessary).

2. When finished, the Bluetooth section will now use the inbox Bluetooth Driver as shown in the image below:

3. If the Bluetooth section is not present, download and run the Bluetooth Driver installer
     - this will identify the type of Bluetooth Device installed on the system (eg. Qualcom Atheros, Intel, etc.) and it will install a generic Bluetooth driver. If successful, try pairing a bluetooth device and observe.

If everything goes well, try installing the official bluetooth drivers by navigating to the D:\Drivers\Bluetooth folder or from the Z50-70 drivers page and observe.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-70-bluetooth-issue/td-p/2032832
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello nbsp I have a Lenovo notebook G - with xxxxxxxxxxxx I want to upgrade memory from GB to GB Would you please advise on the following issues nbsp Are there enough slots in the mainboard for me to add another GB memory If I can do this please tell me the exact memory chip that I should buy from Parts number and manufactory please nbsp Would you please advise if it is easy for me to do it myself nbsp My PC is nearly out of warranty period To install a new memory will I just open the back cover and plug the memory into the slot Could you please advise if I need to do other things nbsp BTW can I buy the part from Lenovo and how much will Lenovo charge for in total to ship it to my home in Sydney nbsp Thanks and kind regards G Zhao nbsp Mod edit nbsp Removed serial number to Lenovo G50-70 Upgrading issue RAM prevent abuse Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo G50-70 RAM Upgrading issue

Hi Gorton,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are looking to upgrade the RAM for your Lenovo G50-70 laptop.

As per the specification of this model, it has 2 DD3RL 1600Mhz SODIMM RAM slots. Each slot can consists of maximum 8 GB RAM.

Specifications                                                                               Part numbers
RAM, SS M471B5173QH0-YK0 4GB DDR3L 1600                    11202079.
RAM, Hyn HMT451S6AFR8A-PB DDR3L 1600 4GB                  11201300
RAM, RMT3170ME68F9F-1600 4GB DDR3L 1600(MC)            11202302
RAM, MC MT8KTF51264HZ-1G6E1 4GB DDR3L 1600            11202125
RAM, BM471B5173DB0-YK0 25nm 4GB DDR3L 1600              11202081
RAM, SK HMT451S6BFR8A-PB/RD 4GB DDR3L 1600             11202706
RAM, M471B1G73QH0-YK0 35nmQ 8GB DDR3L 1600             11202080

I would suggest you to visit nearest authorised (Lenovo)service centre for the replacement as you will get a genuine parts and service.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I?m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,                                                                                                                              

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-70-RAM-Upgrading-issue/td-p/2125716
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Lenovo I recently bought a G - and noticed a problem with posterization otherwise known as color banding or the absence of dithering My googlefu has come up with various ideas on fixing the issue such as updating the Radeon R drivers recalibrating the display and using the Lenovo Settings to tweak the color settings -- all to no avail nbsp nbsp I began to think it was a problem with the screen being unable to produce bit colors so I Lenovo G51-35 posterization issue nbsp hooked it up to an external monitor that does nbsp show bit The problem persists over to the other screen so I don't believe it to be the laptop screen Another thread from last year on this forum said the solution was to adjust the angle of the monitor but in practice this doesn't fix the problem if anything it worsens it This narrows it down to the BIOS configuration or driver issues nbsp nbsp At this point I can't think of anything else to try and resolve the issue Any ideas Because of the posterization I can't reliably use the computer for any form of graphic design which is part of the reason I bought it nbsp My gut is telling me that dithering is disabled somewhere in the BIOS config but I have no idea how to enable it Any insight into checking this would be nice nbsp Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp EDIT Not sure why this posted in the wrong forum might need moved by a moderator

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G51-35-posterization-issue/td-p/3330865
Relevancy 43.86%

I bought the laptop a month ago.Yestarday i just played cs 1.6 and it heated a lot.By just browsing the net laptop heats up.I think my fan is not working because i cannot feel any air coming from the air output.Any solution??

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo z51-70 heating issue

Hi Omkar1,          

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the system overheating.

As you have mentioned that the system heats, try to update the graphic driver and check if the system heats.

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 7(AMD).

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 8.1(AMD).

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 10(AMD).

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 7(Intel).

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 8.1(Intel).

Click here for the graphic driver for windows 10(Intel).

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z51-70-heating-issue/td-p/2167738
Relevancy 43.86%

I own Y50-70 Lenovo laptop bought in Norway! The motherboard is broken and here in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina the services is not able to repair it or to replace it. I can not see the warranty status because the site does not recognize the Serial Number of my computer which is CB32585929! Services here recommend me to go to Norway to get my warranty but it is not an option for me. Please help!

20160623_003250.jpg ?711 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-warranty-issue/td-p/3355827
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello. I bought this laptop 3 weeks ago. Core i7, AMD R9 375 GPU. So I was playing League of Legends and I'm monitoring my GPU's temperature. I'm playing in high settings (not highest). Temperature is around 70-85, but sometimes, it hits 90 degrees. Is it normal? I'm starting to worry for my laptop. I haven't updated or touched any of its drivers. Everything is stock. Hope you guys help me with this. Thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z51-70-Heating-issue/td-p/3418324
Relevancy 43.86%

I have purchased two lenovo G50-70 (Corei5) notebooks.Everything was working fine until I decided to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8GB. So I purchased two 4GB RAM Modules. I purchased after thouroughly checking compatibility and other details.  But the RAMs are unfortunately not working.I have tried on both laptops.They are not giving display. I have purchased Kingston 4GB (PC3-12800 CL11) 1600Bus.  Can someone help Please.  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo G50-70 RAM Upgrading issue

hi qaimkhan,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to verify, the Kingston 4GB (PC3-12800 CL11) 1600Mhz that you purchased, is it a DDR3L (1.35v) or a regular DDR3 (1.5v)?

Looking at the page 28 of the hardware maintenance manual, the G50 series specifically accepts a DDR3L RAM and the memory controller only supports DDR3L. If you purchased a regular DDR3 (1.5v), this might be the problem.

- Link to picture
- Link to picture

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-70-RAM-Upgrading-issue/td-p/1635146
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop has a intel and nvidia GPU. When I run games off of the Nvidia I get 5 fps. Ive done verything from wiping my computer to downgrading drivers. Please help...

A:Lenovo y50 touch GPU issue

I just bought a refurbished lenovo y50 touch with the 860m. I cant even run csgo or gmod without getting 5-10 fps. No games work. Ive looked up multiple solution such as updateing bios, installing old drivers, chaning setting through nvidia control panel and the such. Does any1 have the solution to this or is this laptop a lost cause? If yes, what are refund policies? Thanks

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your postings have been merged. Thanks !

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-touch-GPU-issue/td-p/3424760
Relevancy 43.86%

My Lenovo Y50-70 (Core i7-4720HQ, 8GB RAM, GTX 960M). Would sometimes randomly shut off. Like as I open it, it would freeze, and then I hear a small pop and my laptop shuts off. It would normally turn on and fully load everything after around 20 seconds. But after shutting off; as I try to open it again. it would be MUCH MUCH longer. And performance also seems to be slowed. I updated everything I can, but left the Bios out. After a friend told me about it. I tried to update it too. But even after updating it. it would still randomly shut off. What do I have to do to fix it? Overheating is not an issue, because even when the instance of opening my laptop is DONE. it still shuts off. And after playing CS:GO, Dark Souls 3, or Overwatch after a while. It wouldn't shut off.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Touch-Issue/td-p/3381898
Relevancy 43.86%

Basically i was messing around with MSconfig the other day and i removed either a critical startup action or file because i restarted my computer and it booted to the BCD error screen. I have a windows 8 recovery USB but It wont let me boot from there since this laptop is a freaking Lenovo with UFEI. If i cant access f12 how the FFFFF am i supposed to boot this computer to the usb? Please guys i came here once before and i did not receive much help but a couple of links that did no help AT ALL.

The error i am getting is: Recovery
File:\ BCD error code 0xc0000034

A:BCD issue on a Lenovo. UFEI? HELP

Dude does F2 or any other key defined by lenovo allow you get into BIOS?

The error code ur receiving is a corrupt boot sector, and it can be fixed by running startup recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65349-bcd-issue-lenovo-ufei-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello nbsp Yesterday Lenovo Y laptop has been delivered to me After may be minutes of usage CTRL key on the keyboard had popped out nbsp After carefully examining it I came to know that the base of the Key is not well properly designed nbsp Now I tried to contact Lenovo hotline but it will take weeks nbsp Seriously nbsp And Further more There is some yellowish thing at the gap of the left side of a laptop nbsp ISSUE Lenovo y700 What is it nbsp Final issue Screen nbsp is well bright though but yellowish white screen color at the brightness level under lt It Lenovo y700 ISSUE is the default color scheme of this laptop If yes then I donot want to say anything nbsp Is there any method that Lenovo will send me a new laptop and after receiving it I will send back the older one nbsp Otherwise I have to wait for more than weeks for a laptop nbsp And its highly strange that how can Lenovo Technical Team didnot give time properly to each amp every peice of such high-end laptop nbsp Any remedy for it nbsp Right Side LEft side I need now seriously a new machine Dont want to repair it nbsp o jpg KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-ISSUE/td-p/3344450
Relevancy 43.43%

I just bought a new Lenovo YOGA 500 Intel HD Core? i5 Processor, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Storage, 15.6 inch Full HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop. I'm yet to take it out of the packaging (thank heavens) before I noticed on the website I bought it from under Features of the Laptop it states:  Wifi Enabled: NDoes this mean there's no WiFi capabilities on the laptop? Secondly, after perusing this forum, I've discovered the laptop seems to have a WiFi issue, the question thus is would any of you with the same laptop advise I keep it? Thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-YOGA-500-WiFi-Issue/td-p/3332973
Relevancy 43.43%

HELLO THERE, i have lenovo g 50-70 with core i7 processor, 8 gb ram and amd radeon 2 gb graphic card.from couple months i m trying to play some games on this laptop, i thought i have big grahic card so i can play nice games but now i cant even play gts 5 on this one.. i installed all the driverrs i found.. latest bios updates too..still result is zero.. i cant even find any option to switch on board graphics  to amd.and right now in display adaptor it shows i got 256mb video memory..i have attached few pics here.. can anyone help me with this pleaase.. just right i downloaded amd auto detect drivers tool and i downloaded what the said.. still i cant find my dedicated graphic card.. need some help..?????

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/LENOVO-G-50-70-GRAPHIC-CARD-ISSUE/td-p/3389472
Relevancy 43.43%

Dear All, i am having issues with lenovo yoga pro 3  after upgrading to Windows 10 i am not able to share the screen on another monitor. this was working fine on windows 8 Please help Thanks

A:lenovo yoga pro 3 Display issue

I don't know if this will help you or not, but when I upgraded my yoga 2 pro to windows 10, I had to go into device manager and manualy update the graphics drivers. Windows would not do it automatically. Maybe that would help fix your issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-pro-3-Display-issue/td-p/2179808
Relevancy 43.43%

Last week we purchased two different Lenovo Yoga 710 series laptops. Under the "Enter" key, the "page up" key and the "shift" key are reversed from normal keyboard position. Both function properly but are unlike any other keyboard I have seen. As a result, typing is interrupted  as I have to lift my fingers/wrist from the keyboard to reach the right shift key. This appears to be a major quality control defect in this series. Besides interrupting typing speed and causing typing errors, this can lead to potential carpal tunnel issues. I have been told that this is the "remodeled keyboard, " however, this is actually an incorrect placement of these keys. How will this issue be rectified?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-710-series-keyboard-issue/td-p/3379379
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys so I just got a brand new Lenovo Y700 laptop yesterday and when I just opened it and was setting it up the display was fine it was like normal. But when I went onto the bed and adjusted the screen (i.e tilted it) it suddenly became extremely dim to the point where I couldn't see anything. The issue with this was that when I shifted the screen back and forth to find a position where the display would work fine it'd go back to normal for awhile before going back to being super dim. My adaptive brightness and auto brightness are turned off i'm not really sure what's the cause of this since its brand new, please give your opinion. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-brightness-issue/td-p/3357178
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, please I'v been using my Lenovo y700 for less than 3months now, switched it on today and while it's still loading I connected the ac adapter and the whole system went off, since then my system has not come up and its not showing any traces of power supply to it even when plugged in.I would really appreciate any troubleshooting tips I can get.Thanks

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed.

A:Lenovo y700 power issue

See my post herehttp://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3035245/identify-mobo-fuses.html

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-power-issue/td-p/3282028
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there nbsp I have been having difficulty in getting a second monitor to work with Ubuntu and was hoping someone with better skills than me has found a fix for it nbsp I'm running a Lenovo P Xeon E Ubuntu monitor P50 16-04 Lenovo issue second in - v Gb RAM Gb Lenovo P50 second monitor issue in Ubuntu 16-04 Quadro M M as a dual boot Windows Ubuntu workstation Windows detects the second monitor both using HDMI and with a displaylink-compatible USB dock nbsp In Ubuntu plugging a second monitor directly into the HDMI port doesn't Lenovo P50 second monitor issue in Ubuntu 16-04 seem to get recognized Using a monitor through a USB dock with latest Ubuntu displaylink driver also doesn't get recognized despite the fact that if I runsytemctl status displaylink serviceit states the service is active nbsp I'm guessing this is an issue with the dual graphics set up on the machine although there's enough Skylake processors out there now that I don't think this kind of set up is too unusual According to the 'overview' window under system settings details in Ubuntu I'm using the Intel P graphics integrated on the skylake processor rather than the Nvidia although running lspci grep VGAdisplays both cards VGA compatible controller Intel Corporation Device d rev VGA compatible controller NVIDIA Corporation GM GLM Quadro M M rev ff I'm using the nouveau display driver from the X Org X server in the 'Additional Drivers' section of the 'Software amp Upadates' window This section states my graphics card is the M M so I tried using a number of NVidia binary drivers including despite having issues installing it but all of them seem to either kill Unity get stuck in a bootloop at the lightdm log on or resize the screen so the menu options are no longer selectable visible nbsp I also tried changing the option in the BIOS for making the NVidia card as the dedicated graphics card rather than as a hybrid After this the overview window changed to Gallium as the graphics but the top and left menu ribbons had disappeared for some reason making it unusable I also don't really want to go down this route as I want to avoid the extra drain on the battery and don't know how this will affect my Windows partition Given that each time something screws up it can take quite a while to fix it back to normal I was hoping someone with similar experiences has a workaround nbsp Any help advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-P50-second-monitor-issue-in-Ubuntu-16-04/td-p/3392780
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased my Y510P back in Q2 2014, it was already on Win 8 when I purchased it. Everything was working fine even after the  SLI issue with  Win 8.1 which was fixed through a BIOS update that was available here in their product support page. During that time I worked more on other things and didnt really notice anything about the GPU and its update. I was able to update my laptop to Win 10 (back in Q4 2015) and I'm currently unsure if it already installed the anniversary update. Recently, I tried some few games and noticed that the second GPU seems not be working during any games I've launched. I ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark and seems that the SLI is detected, checked the device manager both hardwares are detected, and updated to the latest GPU driver. But still seems to be not working. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y510p-SLI-Issue-after-Win-10-Upgrade/td-p/3413088
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, guys Can't connect my Lenovo Yoga 900 to Samsung Smart TV via miracast.It's always an error of connection. Had been trying different wifi drivers and grafic prefferences - nothing helped.Any thoughts?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-miracast-issue/td-p/3392456
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop just over a year old. My Autistic little man was happily playing Roblox when it crashed. He turned it off and on again and the laptop says repairing disk errors and just stays like that day and night. So I have bought Windows 10 on USB as it doesn't have a disk drive but and I stupidly thought it would be as simple as plugging it in the USB drive and hey presto it would be fixed. But it's not.

Could anyone explain the steps I need to take to fix it as I promised my son I'd get it done by now and when you set an Autistic child's expectations and you don't meet them, woe betide you!

Please help.

Thank you x

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65144-windows-10-usb-lenovo-yoga-2-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK six days ago.  Like others posts I have read, I too have noticed a strong unpleasant odour eminating from the exterior of my computer.  The smell is mainly coming from the top lid (screen) of the computer.  It reminds me of the smell cats leave when they have 'sprayed' their territory.  If the PC has been in a room all day, the smell is quite overpowering when I come home in the evening.   I was thinking of wiping the surface but I do not want to cause any damage until I have received advice on the matter.  

A:Issue with new Lenovo Yoga 700-11ISK

Hello,

I have moved your message from the Re: Friendly Complaints and Suggestions thread in the ThinkPad P and W Series Mobile Workstations section to the  ThinkPad P and W Series Mobile Workstations section for better visiblity.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Issue-with-new-Lenovo-Yoga-700-11ISK/td-p/3352227
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello. In last week i bought Lenovo y700-15isk. I installed Windows 10 and all the latest drivers.My problem is that when I play music by BT for home theater Sony BDV-e4100, it's music all the time lagged. On my predecessor laptop (Lenovo y510p) I had no problem with it. What can I do with this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-15-Music-by-BT-issue/td-p/3381385
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello there, I own a Lenovo G500, a 2013 model, and I just bought a 2 x 4GB 1600 MHz Kingston HyperX DDR3L memory kit.I pulled the old 4 GB memory out and put the new cards in, but both my Windows 7 and the BIOS see only one of them, so the laptop only uses 4 GB of RAM.I tried putting the cards in one by one, the bottom slot works, but when I only use the top slot, the laptop does not boot. It's likely this is the problem, cause even CPU-Z only sees RAM in one of the slots and displays "Single Channel" running. My question would be: is there a possibility this is a software issue? Is there a way to enable dual channel?If not, could this be a motherboard issue? Thank you. Regards,Darren

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-RAM-Upgrade-Issue/td-p/3335040
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,  I have bought 2 weeks ago an Lenovo Yoga 2 13, and I?m very happy with it. But i have one annoying problem with it.The touchscreen is not working correct. If I start the computer up, the first 5 minutes it works fine, but after that the touchscreen is not responding correct, the pointer is going everywhere and zig zag. You can't use it anymore then. I have made a paint drawing to show the problem, i made a few horizontal lines over the screen. none of the lines are straightI hope that you can help me to resolve the problem, it?s very annoying that I can?t use the touchscreen.   

A:Lenovo yoga 2 13 touchscreen issue

HI d id you by new from a store?  if so I WOULD ADVISE RETURNINGand request a refund or a replacement you should have no   problem doing this..

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-2-13-touchscreen-issue/td-p/2123998
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello there, I've bought this laptop ( Lenovo IdeaPad 300 ) about 2 or 3 months ago and I've had the same issue all the time. First, I met the PalmTracking [Elan] Issue which is configuring PalmTracking through Elan or Windows doesn't work until I have found a fix which is to uninstall the Elan Driver untill they update it but it lead to another issue which is it gets automatically reinstalled after a restart, so I need a fix that won't need me to do it repetitvely. And then my trackpad suddenly just started moving so fast and randomly clicked about 50 or 100 Clicks per second ( not the real, approx with my vision ) everytime I just touch the TouchPad. I don't know what caused this issue. Note: I bought a mouse so I can use the laptop in a better way and in playing games, but I still use the trackpad.Thanks for your time.   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-IdeaPad-300-Touchpad-Issue/td-p/3396638
Relevancy 43.43%

While charging my lenovo g580, for first couple of minutes it gets charged but after that it stars to toggle bw charging and not charging msg continuously.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYNPzxg0xoAbove link shows the problem

A:Lenovo G580 charing issue

Hi Sunil_poojary , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

What is the current Windows version you have ? 
When did it start happening ? 

Ideally best to check the battery report after allowing it to fully drain and to have it plugged in for 2-3 hours without turning it on. Notice the battery indicator (page 29) as it should change the battery status as seen in the manual. 
Manually checking operational charging and battery pack (page 21) can help determine battery integrity as it deteriorate thru usage.

Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI compliant driver from the device manager and power management software to see if there are significant changes after restart. Check your current BIOS version if same as the ones offered on the support site.

Update us how things go.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-charing-issue/td-p/3469528
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a very strange issue with my processor underclocking The factory specs for this laptop state my processor is the intel i U GHz Which it does fine and has perfect performance Unless my laptop is under percent AND plugged in yes plugged in not on battery I fmy laptop gets low on charge and drops below percent I can hardly my Issue Lenovo (Broadwell) with Edge 15 use it at the same time it is charging because it underclocks my cpu to a max clock of GHz rendering my laptop extremely sluggish even when doing simple operations Once it has charged to percent or above I have to disconnect the charger and then the cpu will throttle back up and then I can reconnect the charger without it underclocking until next time it has dropped below percent and I plug it in nbsp Please tell me if you have a suggested fix or if this may be a hardware problem which seems a little unlikely nbsp For Issue with my Lenovo Edge 15 (Broadwell) the record I have played around with every option in the advanced power settings and have it on high performance mode and everything but nothing fixes it nbsp Thanks in advance Alex

A:Issue with my Lenovo Edge 15 (Broadwell)

I have the same problem and I think it will have to be fixed with BIOS update.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Issue-with-my-Lenovo-Edge-15-Broadwell/td-p/2257243
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having issues using the bluetooth feature that I believe is supposed to be on my laptop The laptop is currently Windows I'm going to leave a short version and a full detailed version including everything I have attempted previously before going to the forums I have not used or looked at the bluetooth feature on here since obtaining it as a hand me down but I was not the person who nbsp updated the laptop to windows I'm hoping I BlueTooth issue G700 Lenovo don't have to obtain a BlueTooth Dongle but thank Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue you for taking the time to read and respond to my issue nbsp nbsp Short versionSpoiler Highlight to read I cannot get bluetooth to to function properly Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue I have tried multiple methods and only have been able to start up the bluetooth support service Whether or not it was actually working I do not know nbsp I cannot get bluetooth to to function properly I have tried multiple methods and only have been able to start up the bluetooth support service Whether or not it was actually working I do not know nbsp nbsp Detailed versionSpoiler Highlight to read I am having trouble getting bluetooth to be visible much less even function on my Lenovo G laptop This laptop has gone windows and was reverted back to windows and am mentioning it because it has caused issues with other things such as my Mic speakers and Dolby but were fixed thanks to my friend using the TeamViewer tool When he first Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue went through we were looking for other things but we did see previous bluetooth things so I'm pretty sure it came with bluetooth Also LAPTOP LISTING this is where the laptop was listed when it was still for sale I have installed the latest windows bluetooth driver listed in the Lenovo support page after downloading the tool to specifically find my laptop and filter out all of the other drivers Once I installed the driver and restarted I did see a bluetooth logo in Task Manager but after shutting down the laptop this logo was never seen again No the function was never there just stating that I did in fact see the logo in task manager I have also went into RUN and got to the Bluetooth support service and edited a few things while following tutorials I had changed the Startup Type to Automatic Went onto Log On and changed to Local System account Then went to Recovery and turned all failure options to Restart the Service Once I did that I ran into an error with finding an account So I searched the error code and went back onto Log On and selected This Accound I then typed out the account that was said and put the passwords to blank This fixed the error I have restarted the Laptop since doing this I have tried to go through Lenovo support but given my not so fun call I was given this option I have usually found help to be better from the community more often anyways nbsp I am having trouble getting bluetooth to be visible much less even function on my Lenovo G laptop This laptop has gone windows and was reverted back to windows and am mentioning it because it has caused issues with other things such as my Mic speakers and Dolby but were fixed thanks to my friend using the TeamViewer tool When he first went through we were looking for other things but we did see previous bluetooth things so I'm pretty sure it came with bluetooth Also LAPTOP LISTING this is where the laptop was listed when it was still for sale I have installed the latest windows bluetooth driver listed in the Lenovo support page after downloading the tool to specifically find my laptop and filter out all of the other drivers Once I installed the driver and restarted I did see a bluetooth logo in Task Manager but after shutting down the laptop this logo was never seen again No the function was never there just stating that I did in fact see the logo in task manager I have also went into RUN and got to the Bluetooth support service and edited a few things while following tutorials I had changed the Startup ... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Lenovo-G700-BlueTooth-issue/td-p/3381925
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello the Whenever I connect a LAN wire to my Lenovo y50-70(touch) , the port is detcted but the connection is swithchin off and on repeatedly.Is this a software issue or hardware issue?Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-Ethernet-port-issue/td-p/3357013
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having issues using the bluetooth BlueTooth G700 issue Lenovo feature that I believe is supposed to be on my laptop The laptop is currently Windows I'm going to leave a short version and a full detailed Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue version including everything I have attempted previously before going to the forums I have not used or looked at the bluetooth feature on here since obtaining it as Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue a hand me down but I was not the person who nbsp updated the laptop to windows I'm hoping I don't have to obtain a BlueTooth Dongle but thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my issue nbsp nbsp Short versionSpoiler Highlight to read I cannot get bluetooth to to function properly I have tried multiple methods and only have been able to start up the bluetooth support service Whether or not it was actually working I do not know nbsp I cannot get bluetooth to to function properly I have tried multiple methods and only have been able to start up the bluetooth support service Whether or not it was actually working I do not know nbsp nbsp Detailed versionSpoiler Highlight to read I am having trouble getting bluetooth to be visible much less even function on my Lenovo G laptop This laptop has gone windows and was reverted back to windows and am mentioning it because it has caused issues with other things such as my Mic speakers and Dolby but were fixed thanks to my friend using the TeamViewer tool When he first went through we were looking for other things but we did see previous bluetooth things so I'm pretty sure it came with bluetooth Also LAPTOP LISTING this is where the laptop was listed when it was still for sale I have installed the latest windows bluetooth driver listed in the Lenovo support page after downloading the tool to specifically find my laptop and filter out all of the other drivers Once I installed the driver and restarted I did see a bluetooth logo in Task Manager but after shutting down the laptop this logo was never seen again No the function was never there just stating that I did in fact see the logo in task manager I have also went into RUN and got to the Bluetooth support service and edited a few things while following tutorials I had changed the Startup Type to Automatic Went onto Log On and changed to Local System account Then went to Recovery and turned all failure options to Restart the Service Once I did that I ran into an error with finding an account So I searched the error code and went back onto Log On and selected This Accound I then typed out the account that was said and put the passwords to blank This fixed the error I have restarted the Laptop since doing this I have tried to go through Lenovo support but given my not so fun call I was given this option I have usually found help to be better from the community more often anyways nbsp I am having trouble getting bluetooth to be visible much less even function on my Lenovo G laptop This laptop has gone windows and was reverted back to windows and am mentioning it because it has caused issues with other things such as my Mic speakers and Dolby but were fixed thanks to my friend using the TeamViewer tool When he first went through we were looking for other things but we did see previous bluetooth things so I'm pretty sure it came with bluetooth Also LAPTOP LISTING this is where the laptop was listed when it was still for sale I have installed the latest windows bluetooth driver listed in the Lenovo support page after downloading the tool to specifically find my laptop and filter out all of the other drivers Once I installed the driver and restarted I did see a bluetooth logo in Task Manager but after shutting down the laptop this logo was never seen again No the function was never there just stating that I did in fact see the logo in task manager I have also went into RUN and got to the Bluetooth support service and edited a few things while following tutorials I had changed the Startup Type to Automatic Went onto ... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G700-BlueTooth-issue/td-p/3381925
Relevancy 43.43%

Having an issue with my laptop where it will throttle intermittently in certain situations. Sometimes when I plug the laptop in it will throttle heavily with the cpu reading at 0.78 Ghz. I have to put it into sleep mode to correct the problem. Also when I am playing certain games the laptop will run smoothly then it will lag  for a few seconds then run smoothly again for around 10 seconds then lag and so on. I installed a program and it was detected as TDP throttle and I'm not sure how to get around this issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G510s-Throttling-Issue/td-p/3336742
Relevancy 43.43%

I was actually monitoring my laptop's battery on how long will it last before it goes down. As I monitor, I am worrying why my battery drains so fast. Kindly check the attached screenshot. I can only use my laptop for 2 hours or less. I don't play games while on battery. I only do internet surfing, watching videos, facebook, and other light tasks. My monitor is in average brightness. I already disabled unimportant programs in task manager and in local services. What was my laptop's problem? Thank you!

wel.jpg ?30 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z51-70-Weak-Battery-Issue/td-p/3420937
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings everyone! I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 OS to the anniversary update recently and shortly after the update, my laptop's LCD backlight randomly went off and wouldn't go on. At first I thought it could be the drivers update that messed up the backlight but I knew it doesn't work that way. Here are the list of things I've tried: - Rebooting (obviously)- Reinstalled the Intel HD graphics card with the latest version from Lenovo's support- Reinstalled the Nvidia graphics card with the latest version from Lenovo's support- Also tried previous Intel & Nvidia graphics card driver versions- Keyboard's built-in backlight controller doesn't do anything I'm starting to think it's hardware related issue and if that's the case, where's the trusted website to obtain a LCD screen replacement to fix it myself (I've already found tutorials on how to replace it, because warranty expired literally last week...) Thanks!!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-LCD-Backlight-Issue-After-Windows-10-Anniversary/td-p/3387753
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I've bought a Lenovo Y700 15' laptop 2 months ago and i have this problem. Keyboard randomly stops responding. This has happened twice before and i haven't payed attention, but today it happened twice. To get it working again i need to switch my computer off by holding the power button. (restarting causes blue screen to appear) Anyone can help me?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-keyboard-issue/td-p/3455702
Relevancy 43.43%

I had purchased Lenovo G - in November and since then i have been very regular in calling tech help They are my guests every month because none Lenovo Recurring display issue. G50-80- of them are able to resolve display issue- flickering in screen when used on battery The following are the dates in which the tech support visited -FEB th -changed the LCD screen and cable ISSUE RECURRENCEFEB th - replaced display cableISSUE RECURRENCE within days MAR th - Motherboard replaced ISSUE RECURRENCE within days MAR th - changed LCD screen one more time whoa ISSUE RECURRENCE - month and days longest survival APRIL th -updated driver and BIOS request raised for cable replacement andISSUE RECURRENCE witin days and still rocking nbsp Even after many calls to exchange the LAPTOP it fell in deaf ears I have given very poor rating to the tech support guys because they have no clue about this issue However to my utter dismay i found the E-service report stating otherwise The guys had fiddled with CSAT rating and changed it to very satisfactory Shame on you LENOVO I just want my LAPTOP replaced and given a new good working one nbsp After having spent quite a sum of money in a good brand well that was my pre-conceived notion Lenovo G50-80- Recurring display issue. i'm battling with a flickering display and shabby response team nbsp Thanks for nothing LENOVO New lappy or money back nbsp VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER Raghav

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-G50-80-Recurring-display-issue/td-p/3327643
Relevancy 43.43%

My 3ys old Lenovo G550 has stopped accepting power from the power jack. It's been fluffy for a while and has needed massaging to work, but now it's game over. It's doesn't with/without the battery. Been surfing around and partly concluded that it's a weak point in this design. Was on the Lenovo support today, and it will be too expensive to let them work the problem. Also learned that the power jack comes as a pigtail that can be purchased, but the laptop needs a total tear-apart to exchange the cable. Have not been able to find instructions/videos showing the needed tricks. Anyone in here that can help, or has experience with the same issue?

A:Lenovo G550 power issue

Sorry to hear this as I own a G550. My first thought after receiving and plugging power cord into it first time " what a cheesy weak and wimpy feel it had" - I've been waiting for it to crater ever since. Frankly surprised it has lasted this long. However, when it does, I'll not hesitate to tear that sucker apart to attempt a fix.

Good luck on getting it working. If you do find a maintenance manual, please do share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g550-power-issue.1026892/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,I have been facing a problem with my Flex 2 15 after windows 10 home upgrade.I've set the power options to do nothing when I close the lid, sometimes I close the lid and open it to find the machine shut down. This doesn't happen everytime though. Has anyone else had this problem before? Edit: I also noticed that after I start the laptop again, the battery conservation mode is disabled -which I normaly keep on all the time-, could this be related to the issue? Edit 2: I noticed that this happens in conservation mode -since the battery is not charging- and when I press a certain area under the laptop. I guess it's a loose battery. Is this common in this model? Edit 3: It's not a power issue. whenever a certain area right under the ventillation opennings below is pressed the laptop goes off. Any body ever experienced this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Flex-2-15-power-issue/td-p/3312476
Relevancy 43.43%

To whom it may concern,
I have a Lenovo Flex 2-14, and had problems with Lenovo Transition after I had upgraded my operating system to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.
Simply, Lenovo Transition stopped working in stand and tent modes.
Here is how I have fixed the problem.
Step-1: Uninstall Lenovo Transition and reboot your laptop.
Step-2: Install Lenovo Transition 2.1  from http://lenovo.support.com/tr/tr/downloads/ds101908
Step-3: Open Device Manager under Control Panel and update the driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics
Step-4: Make sure that Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow rotates the screen 180 degrees. Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow will bring the screen to its normal position.
Step-5: Bring your laptop to the tent mode and check if the screen rotates.
I hope this helps.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-2-14-Issue-with-Lenovo-Transition-after-upgrade-to-Windows/td-p/3332746
Relevancy 43.43%

After the windows boot logo, the screen flashes endlessly. Windows doesnt bootup.There was this Intel graphic driver update done yesterday . I donno if thats the problem . Can anyone help me out?

A:Lenovo G50-70 Screen Flash Issue

Hi there, Vishnu -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Did you check in safe mode & external monitor?

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-70-Screen-Flash-Issue/td-p/3375407
Relevancy 43.43%

HelloI have a Lenovo G580 laptop with windows 7.I used it for about 2 years and 1 month ago my laptop diesthe laptop does not work and does not have any sign of electric. it does not work with the AC adaptor or with the battery, so the issue was in the motherboard, i bought a new motherboard and replaced the old one with the new (used), then the laptop back to  life againbut the problem is the laptop does not function with the battery, when I plugging the AC adaptor the charging lamp Lighting up and when I run the windows the battery indicator show (92% in charge) for hours and when i unplug the ac adaptor computer shuts down instantly.Please advise .Thank you !

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-battery-issue/td-p/3477427
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a Lenovo Z a year ago with the following configuration nbsp Operating SystemWindows Z510 Shutdown Lenovo issue Pro with Media Center -bit I got the laptop with Windows and I installed Pro myself CPUIntel Core i - MQ nbsp GHz CHaswell nm TechnologyRAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - MotherboardLENOVO VIUU U E GraphicsGeneric PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics Lenovo MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M Lenovo CStorage GB Seagate ST LM Lenovo Z510 Shutdown issue -SSHD- GB SATA COptical DrivesPLDS DVD-RW DU A SHAudioRealtek High Definition Audio nbsp The issue I am facing is that my laptop used to shutdown when the battery was charging I would be working on something and the laptop would just switch off The place where I bought it from replaced the charger once the motherboard a second time and the third time they replaced the charger again at which point the problem seemed to have stopped This was about months ago in which time I haven't faced that problem again nbsp Recently I was playing a game on my laptop and the power was plugged in and the battery was charging from and the laptop switched off This happens whenever I run the game and the laptop is plugged in to power supply However if I run the game on just battery itself I face no shutdown issues nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me nbsp

A:Lenovo Z510 Shutdown issue

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you ever checked the temperatures to see if that is the cause of the shutdown ?    Use the free utility HWMonitor to see what the temperatures are when gaming with it plugged in and when gaming on battery only.  The program comes in two versions.  The first will install on your hard drive.  The second is a compressed version that can be unzipped and then copied onto a flash drive for a portable version. 

Here is a link to that free program......

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Since the laptop has been in use for 7 months, if you never blew out the dust from the fan and heat sink you might give that a try as well.  Accumulated dust will increase temperatures and reduce the fan's performance.   Just use short bursts of compressed air in the intake and exhaust vents several times.  Avoid long blasts as they may damage the fan.  Cans of compressed air can be purchased from any computer or electronics store. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z510-Shutdown-issue/td-p/2061288
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently purchased a lenovo p500 ideapad from bestbuy around 3 weeks ago. just on thursday, i press the f11 key to lower the brightness and it imidiatley went very dim. i cannot bring the brightness back up even tho the button and the computer says the brightness is all the way up. the screen is at the dimmest setting possible and i have talked to 3 lenovo specialist nd they were not able to help me. they told me to take it back to best buy but that is a hassle for me. i am running windows 8 and i have checked the drivers to see if they are updated and they are but i cannot bring the brightness back up. this is very frustrating. someone please answer back ASAP! thank you.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:LENOVO P500 BRIGHTNESS ISSUE!

Try this trick out! I got my screen brightness back up by completely shutting down my laptop. Boot it back up and as the Lenovo start up screen appears press the F12 key. It raised mine back up.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-P500-BRIGHTNESS-ISSUE/td-p/948141
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone new to the forum but really need some advice Lenovo T GB memory Intel Core Due GHz purchased years ago with XP I installed Windows x recently in part to gain access to my remaining GB of ram since XP can only address GB It runs great but the CPU now gets super hot I was suspicious so I installed TPFanControl tpfancontrol com past the donation part and found the processor generally running between - degrees C The software has a smart control to run High Issue Lenovo Temp CPU T61 the fan more which has helped actually and makes me think the T hardware or BIOS drivers are not cooperating with windows or at least its new Lenovo T61 High CPU Temp Issue x I also just updated my lenovo T BIOS and it seems to actually have made the problem worse I've checked Lenovo T61 High CPU Temp Issue also what programs are running to make sure there is not some software bug hogging the CPU and nothing seems out of the ordinary Also these high temps are just when doing nothing in particular--just internet etc When I'm doing high CPU things like d modeling and rendering it easily goes up to mid s which I know is bad Also despite being very hot it does not seem to be using very much of the CPU so its not as if it is running at all the time--it's more like Anyone else have similar problems Is it just upgrading to x Does anyone know of better fan control software Would it make sense to limit the BIOS memory to GB again to perhaps leave the OS a little more for itself not even sure that would work but under XP with GB the machine never got very hot even when rendering doing heavy CPU etc Thanks in advance for all your help

A:Lenovo T61 High CPU Temp Issue

Do you know if that laptop has Intel Speedstep on it? I think it's in the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101346-lenovo-t61-high-cpu-temp-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

It constantly ?goes black? - says its switching from VGA Mode(no signal) to aio mode. It happens on average 10-20 times a day.please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-thinkcentre-edge-92z-issue.218619/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, It seems I installed a wrong software and I can't now start my wondows.So for the timebeing the boot screen are rebeeting over and over without reaching windows.Thinkvantage button/ F11 doesn't work. I can only access the boot/setup menu Is there any way to restore my system without reinstall the windows again? Thanks.

A:Lenovo T420 startup issue

Try using the step provided below.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-MY/windows-vista/Using-Last-Known-Good-Configuration

*Non Lenovo employee*I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T420-startup-issue/td-p/946961
Relevancy 43.43%

This just started one day when I turned on my Lenovo. I have lines in my c540  that begin when i first press the power button and gradually fade unitl i have green on the left side that fades to black.  Also should note i have no hdd connected. So the screen should be black with an error message. I replaced motherboard with another one,  but could be a DOA gpu in the new one refurbished. I created for demonstration purposes a vid on ytube.  Hope this is ok with Lenovo Forums.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-c540-aio-screen-issue/td-p/3413618
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,We ordered 10 x Lenovo m900z AIO models, and we are very happy.One problem, for two of them we willl need Transformer stand instead of Basic stand due to size issue.Is it possible to order additional 2 x Transformer stand, which is 2x15$ looking in configuration price page?It would be a life changer. Cheers!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Lenovo-AIO-m900z-stand-issue/td-p/3328694
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,We ordered 10 x Lenovo m900z AIO models, and we are very happy.One problem, for two of them we willl need Transformer stand instead of Basic stand due to size issue.Is it possible to order additional 2 x Transformer stand, which is 2x15$ looking in configuration price page?It would be a life changer. Cheers!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-AIO-m900z-stand-issue/td-p/3328694
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, I posted here awhile ago and no one has been able to help with the issue. I have a problem with my Yoga 700 where I have to constaltly disconnect/reconnect to my wifi network--typically when I am using multiple tabs or browsing while streaming. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling my WIFI driver and have had no success. How can I fix this?! thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-WIFI-Issue/td-p/3329421
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello ,Sorry for my english .- I have a question , I'm using H50-55 - - AMD A10-7800 APU Quad-Core 3.5 GHz / 3.9 GHz - So , does GTX 1060 or 970 work on this pc ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-H50-55-and-Graphic-card-issue/td-p/3431362
Relevancy 43%

Apologies if this has been addressed before but my problem is pretty specific and I couldn't find any threads about it nbsp nbsp Y500 Issue WiFi Adapter Lenovo For a Lenovo Y500 WiFi Adapter Issue quick backgound my Lenovo Y500 WiFi Adapter Issue OS is Windows was Windows prior and my network adapter is an Intel Centrino N- nbsp nbsp I have a Lenovo Y laptop and my internet has been having issues For background it was working fine until sometime early this year I got an ethernet cable and mainly relied on that Whenever I would unplug my ethernet cord most of the time my internet wouldn't work - the open networks availble shown would just be empty even though all my other devices connected to the internet just fine I ignored this and continued because I mainly only used it with ethernet anyways and if I really needed to I could disable and reenable my network adapter to get the internet working for like seconds before it would often die again nbsp nbsp I'm back home from college now however and I need a consistent internet The problem I face now is that when my laptop isn't plugged in I can't seem to use internet at all I can do the disable and re-enable technique but it works for like seconds before it stops working again When my laptop is plugged in it stays connected to the internet consistently but the quality of the connection is really inconsistent For games that I play every minutes I usually have around - instances where the ping goes from to like for - seconds sometimes even completely disconecting me from the game For a separate voice chat application I use Mumle there are often stretches of a few minutes where people's voices are completely garbled or I just can't hear anyone at all for a few seconds before everything comes through It's super frustrating since no one else in the house has any of these issues and has functioning internet nbsp nbsp Solutions I've tried nbsp - going to device manager and disabling the option for Windows to turn off the network adapter during power saving mode- updating the network adapter driver- rebooting the computer nbsp nbsp Any suggestions help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Y500-WiFi-Adapter-Issue/td-p/3316905
Relevancy 43%

Hi there I downloaded the SoundMax driver version xxx which was recommended HERE but I have a slight sound no Lenovo work-around) tried Z60m (already issue problem I am running Home Premium OEM for the Japanese market Now while I can read Japanese fine the issue I've encountered is that the Device Manager set up is actually different from the US version I eventually found screen shots of the US walk through for using Device Manager and confirmed that things are actually located in different spots on the menus and whatnot Lenovo Z60m issue no sound (already tried work-around) So I am not confident that what I'm trying to do exactly mirrors the process outlined in the above-quoted post although it should be the same That being said I managed to find a way to 'update driver' however in the recommended file I downloaded HERE I could not find the file named ADIHdAud inf so I was not able to specify it when updating the driver All in all I just couldn't get the work around noted above to work for me Simply using setup exe also failed as it did not find my speakers or SoundMax equipment Can anyone here possible supply me with the necessary driver ADIHdAud inf and or point out where it is in the zip file I downloaded and could someone possibly give me an alternative or slightly more detailed walk through for installing it Thanks very much Edit Here's a photo of what I'm talking about If its too small to see here's the link http i photobucket com albums u e b a png

Relevancy 43%

I have a lenovo Thinkpad E530C laptop and sometimes the computer posts and sometimes not. I see others have this issue on the web but i tried all solutions and no luck. When the computer does post i tried to boot from a bios update cd and when the update is running i get this error. Memory cannot be allocated, and the process did not complete. I tried several versions of the bios and same issue. If i run the bios update from windows the lastest version the winphlash64.exe stops responding and the older versions of the bios error with can not read bios. I can enter the bios and default it. I reset the keys and same issue. I also tried different ram and same issue. Any one else have a solution.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-Thinkpad-e530C-Bios-Issue/td-p/3475632
Relevancy 43%

I like to use my device in tent mode with an external keyboard and USB mouse, however, whenever I try to use it in tent mode with my mouse, the mouse behaves very strangely and unuseable. (as in it'll act as if its being clicked on all the time and zooms in randomly) The only way to fix it is to swtich back to the standard laptop positon and I don't plan to use it that way. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-2-pro-Mouse-and-tent-issue/td-p/3418006
Relevancy 43%

Everytime i open my laptop it made a cracking noise on the right side. The plastic piece in the middle broke off and i cant put it back on. I did some googling and found that this is a freaking common problem with Lenovo. I will be talking to my lawyer asap to file a law suit because this is a manufacturer defect. Not only did Lenovo service not help, I had to escale the case 3 times because the first 2 times were escalated ''wrong'' by their employees. In the mean time i need my laptop for College and it doesnt feel freakin good to open up a cracking laptop everytime im in class with a missing middle cover. I checked every video but none are clear and need help to fix this issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/NEED-HELP-LENOVO-Y50-HINGE-ISSUE-EXTREMELY-FRUSTRATED-AND/td-p/3474094
Relevancy 43%

I recently purchased a Lenovo X220 and I am attempting to setup a dual monitor with it and a Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 monitor. When I change the setting to extended desktop on the secondary monitor the laptop monitor starts having issues. The useable space becomes bigger than the actual screen so I can scroll up and down while on the desktop. It will also scroll left and right and the desktop icons will move over onto the secondary monitor. The laptop has a resolution of 1366x768 and the monitor is 1920x1080. I am trying to explain the issue the best I can but it's a little hard to explain.

A:Dual monitor issue Lenovo x220

I know what you mean, it happened in XP when you set the screen resolution larger than what the screen was capable of. What cable are you using the connection to your secondary monitor? On the secondary monitor, press the auto calibrate button, or it's equivalent, and then unplug the VGA/HDMI cable and plug it back in see if that fixes your problem. it's also worth trying going into the settings and checking the button that says "hides modes not supported by this monitor" If you don't know where that is, right click on the desktop and click "screen resolution" then click advanced and at the bottom of that pop up you should see that check box. Those are the first things to check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/180430-dual-monitor-issue-lenovo-x220.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought this laptop on th March By June last week lines are coming in the display I registered a complaint by writing an email The reference number for that interaction was After month on July th I got a mail that the parts has been arrived The Service touchpad & Lenovo & Display lines issue Poo... Y50-70 Order On th August the service engineer told me that he will come by noon I waited till afternoon p m amp I went outside He came to my site at p m He changed the display amp touchpad I told him to check my laptop s card reader The next day when I opened my laptop it was having the same display issue I called the service centre agent at that time amp he agreed that he will check the issue By Lenovo Y50-70 Display lines & touchpad issue & Poo... the evening I went to his place amp showed the issue nbsp He understood the complaint amp he assured me that he will report the card reader issue amp the display issue Till August th I have not received any call from the service centre agency I again reported the issue to the lenovo technical support team On th August I escalated the issue By st September I got the call from Lenovo Y50-70 Display lines & touchpad issue & Poo... service centre I was not able to take the call at that time amp I replied to him by sms Hope lenovo will take care of my issue amp resolve it Thank you Joe pdf KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Display-lines-amp-touchpad-issue-amp-Poor-service/td-p/3419819
Relevancy 43%

Display issue in Lenovo X1 CarbonDisplay non touch. Native resolution 2560x1440 on ci7 8GB 256GB SSD.When I wake the laptop from sleep/power on/restart it keeps happening for around 5 -10 mins then screen goes to normal.Sometimes screen stays dark but when I move the screen to and fro at different angles at some point display starts working.Though on external display it works fine.Now I would like to ask if any one who has the Idea that? 1. Is it a BAD/loose connection between display cable & mother board or between cable and back side of LCD panel?2. Is it a bad cable itself?3. Is it an issue of faulty LCD panel? or 4. Is it a bad motherboard? Please watch the video for exact issue.

Lenovo-X1.jpg ?35 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Display-issue-in-Lenovo-X1-Carbon-Though-working-on-external/td-p/3367888
Relevancy 43%

Display issue in Lenovo X1 CarbonDisplay non touch. Native resolution 2560x1440 on ci7 8GB 256GB SSD.When I wake the laptop from sleep/power on/restart it keeps happening for around 5 -10 mins then screen goes to normal.Sometimes screen stays dark but when I move the screen to and fro at different angles at some point display starts working.Though on external display it works fine.Now I would like to ask if any one who has the Idea that? 1. Is it a BAD/loose connection between display cable & mother board or between cable and back side of LCD panel?2. Is it a bad cable itself?3. Is it an issue of faulty LCD panel? or 4. Is it a bad motherboard? Please watch the video for exact issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Display-issue-in-Lenovo-X1-Carbon-Though-working-on-external/td-p/3367883
Relevancy 43%

Hello, my laptop is G510 -> windows10 @ SSD, HDD is clear "0" (HDD - WD10JPCX, SSD - Adata Premier Pro SP920) When I put HDD in a caddy and SSD in main slot windows stuck at loading spinning circle When I put HDD in main slot and SSD in caddy windows start but i have laggs.             I tried nearly everything:-two disc work together in other laptop-if i replace HDD with any of my other laptops it works fine ;s-connect one, two then format etc-caddy is 100% fine, tried on other disc and laptops-BIOS - disc prior by legacy-after i clear HDD UEFI option dissapear-WD10JPCX work if i connect it via USBDo you have maybe BIOS update (windows exe, dont want to risk flash and then install)? Maybe any other ideas? Thanks and sorry for language mistakes

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G510-2xhard-disc-issue/td-p/3383944
Relevancy 43%

we have four laptops . we are trying to connect one wifi network but these 4 laptops are not connecting after restart  the router(i.e router1) it will connect. we have one more router  inthis case no need to reboot router(router 2) it can connect automatically. But other brand laptops connect automatically to router 1.can you please help on this.    Thankskiran

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-Wifi-connectivity-issue/td-p/3370084
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 43%

I've got this problem with my Lenovo Yoga 500 14 ACL: When I start it (Windows 10), the touch screen doesn't work and I have to restart the device to get the touch screen working.I've uninstalled the touch screen drivers, but after a restart the problem stays the same (no new drivers found or installed?).Where can I find the right and latest drivers suiting to this touch screen (Lenovo or Microsoft)?Has anybody an other suggestion what I can try to get the touch screen working from the first Windows-start? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-14-ACL-touch-screen-issue-under-Windows-10/td-p/3309937
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have bought Lenovo Yoga 500 14 i3 six months ago. Several months ago on the left side of the screen appeared ghost touches. This ghosts touches were exactly on one line of the screen, it is about 6 centimetres from right edge. I went to warranty center and they changed the screen. Two months has passed. And exactly in the same screen line touch screen stoped to work. If to put laptop in 360degree mode - everything works ok.Here is the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xnz_L_11f8Actually I am begining to want my money back.

A:Lenovo Yoga 500 14 Touch screen issue

Hi there, Alex -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Regarding the ghost punches/ghost touch, there were some isolated issues for that issue on some Yoga 700, in addition to that, there is also a fix for it. Please see this thread.
Can you try the following? 

Under theDevice Manager> Human Interface Devices, can you do a right click and disable on anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). 
When finished, reboot the system and observe if you still get the same issue.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-14-Touch-screen-issue/td-p/3375558
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I recently bought a Lenovo E351 through ebay. I love everything about the laptop except the buttonless trackpad.
Currently it looks like this:

It's quite frustrating as it's not accurate.

Is there a solution to this? - other than buying a new laptop.
I'm wondering if someone has zig/tweaked it so it can be used with buttons?
I was honestly wanting something like the below keyboard

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Jayden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-e351-buttonless-trackpad-issue.1136274/
Relevancy 43%

I have a web-camera issue with my notebook. It doesn't work. It used to work once or twice. But then suddenly something went wrong. Neither works mic. When I opened my windows 10 "Camera" app it said "Can't find camera". I checked device manager for drivers issues and couldn't find anything about camera. So I added a knew device "Lenovo EasyCamera". My "Camera" app still doesn't work. So I tried to fix in with Lenovo Settings. But there is no any camera folder in it. Reinstalling still didn't fix it. Also I tried installing drivers with official Lenovo website. Still nothing. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-15IBD-web-camera-issue/td-p/3363887
Relevancy 43%

I've been using this laptop for around a year or so now and it's Keyboard Lenovo Issue Ideapad - Y580 worked perfectly up until this point in time nbsp nbsp The issue that I'm currently having is entirely mechanical At the moment my keyboard is intact and works just fine However if I press a key mainly the 'e' key off-center it pops the entire key up and I have to click it into place It's not life-threatening or crucial to the machine's function but when I am busy typing papers or lesson plans having a key Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue on the most constantly used vowel key continually pop up really puts a dampener in things nbsp I've taken the key out and have tried to click it back in While I can't see what's going on given that there's Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue a key in the way I can most certainly feel it clicking into place twice both clicks stemming from the right side of the 'e' key It seems that to the best of my knowledge only two out of four prongs that are meant to keep the key in place and in line are actually snapping and holding the key down Whenever I type off-center and to the right the entire left side of the key snaps up and must be pushed back into place nbsp I'm wondering if there's anything I can or should do Given that I've had my machine for over a year now I'm unsure if my warranty still covers it speaking of is there a way to check warranty status online nbsp Please if anyone has any advice on how to fix or replace a busted key keyboard please let me know

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue

A replacement keyboard (chicony, oki, or dafon are the makers - be sure to look for the manufacturer label and p/n right below the lenovo p/n on the back to get a genuine keyboard) would make a good spares, they are about $30 on ebay. I replaced a broken key on a few different laptops but much prefer to swap out the entire keyboard.  Once a single key goes bad it's likely that more keys will start to fail (note that 'e' is perhaps the most commonly used key on your keyboard because it's the most popular vowel.  Other popular keys like 't' might be failing sometime soon).  So I would suggest you buy a spare keyboard and save it until you can't live without it, the procedure to replace the keyboard is a 10 minute swap. If you want to replace a key, a sharp tipped (xacto-style) knife blade, and a loupe (magnifying lens) are important accessories.  Buy from a reputable site which has good instructions ( http://www.laptopkey.com/ ).  Unfortunately, the key and hinge are manufacturer-specific (OKI, Chicony, Dafon, see above) so you will need to determine it from the guide on www.laptopkey.com.  When I fixed our Acer c720 I also used needlenose pliers to bend a metal tab back into place, the key hinge wasn't seating correctly because the metal tab had bent and was open too wide.  The Acer c720 has a nightmare keyboard to replace with 75 different locking plastic tabs that bind it to the undersize of the palmrest, so i had little choice but to replace the single key or buy an entire keyboard/palmrest assembly. Thinkpad T-series keyboards are like the hood of a car, just pop 2-4 screws and push towards the LCD, then it pivots open like a hood and you can remove the connectors and install a new one's connectors and screw it down in 5-10 mins.  The 2-4 screws to remove often have a little picture of a keyboard on the back of the laptop or search for "Lenovo Y580 Hardware Maintenance Manual" and download the instructions for all the repairs to your laptop.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y580-Keyboard-Issue/td-p/1589914
Relevancy 43%

?I bought a laptop, Lenovo flex -1570 from US through amazon.com, for my father's birthday present. Thanks for ruining it in a way that I could have never imagined. In just 2 days of laptop usage, the mouse pad has come out. The amazing service center in India (ticket no. HT014716010) said that the glue that held mousepad to the laptop "WASN'T STICKY ENOUGH" and added that they do not support this laptop as its "international warranty" is limited to US and China and I need to take it to your US service center to fix it. $619 laptop, 2 days, and it is nothing more than a junk box to me. As a birthday present I have gifted my father nothing more than added tension and thanks to you guys for making that happen. Attaching a pic for your reference. ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Flex-3-1570-touchpad-issue/td-p/3364432