Windows Support Forum

Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Q: Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 84.71%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi, for some reason some of the keyboard keys arent working, I didn't spill anything on them and they are not stuck. They are the spacebar, letters b n, forward slash, the three bottom arrow keys. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525 and its a year old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Some keys on laptop keyboard not working

What operating system does it have XP,Vista ,W7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.925136/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old daughter was watching cartoons on my Laptop, she got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard.

I don't know what happened she some how activated an option that I don't know how to turn off. The main keyboard keys are not working instead it use the extra keys arrows, symbols etc

I have turned off the computer, took off battery, search in control panel for option, but I am unable to make main keys to work. What should I do ?

Thanks for your help

I am using Windows 7 home 32bits

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working

fn-key, alt-key, ctl-key problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241256-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm having a keyboard issue - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop N its currently running windows and I downloaded the anniversary update in september don't remember - But after the second week of October i think can't remember certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason (Windows keyboard Certain not keys on working laptop 10) at all - Specifically the letters - W E R Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working - They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys - As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it - I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else - I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them - Also days after I found this problem I did a system restore to Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) a restore point that I had created about - days ago in the restore point I created everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore But that dint work either the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all the keys were still not working - And so Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated Certain keys on laptop keyboard not working (Windows 10) - And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard amp if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that - so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard - As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this Plz give me some answers for this - And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer P - Thanks to anyone who replies

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/444886-certain-keys-laptop-keyboard-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

hi after updating my laptop with a system up date my caps lock, b and n keys don't work. I'm using the on screen keyboard to write this. my laptop is a HP Pavilion g6-1389sa Notebook with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64. normarly i would take it in to the shop to be looked at but i have no warranty left as i could not afford it. please help if you can as i use my laptop for work everyday, and need this sorted as soonas possible. thank you.

A:keyboard keys not working on HP Pavilion g6 notebook laptop

What system update, windows update, a driver update? This is pretty vague.Could the update be coincidence and the keys are broken? If you boot to safe mode with command prompt try them then.Maybe the keys themselves are damages in which case you need a new or new old stock keyboard.That's what I would do, test the keys in a command prompt window and if they don't work there get a new keyboard.Do you have access to a usb keyboard to see if it's the keys or some weird OS thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-HP-Pavilion-g6-notebook-laptop/td-p/2751919
Relevancy 80.84%

I have bought a logitech's "internet pro desktp black" keyboard & mouse(combo) .
its(keyboard) media keys are not working with my acer aspire 5536G laptop with windows7 and amd turion x2 processor. It worked with desktops and some other laptops.
so what should i do to use the media keys?
the keyboard & mouse came with an installation cd of 'iTouch'.
when i run the setup a message appears saying
"Sorry,this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will close now."
kindly suggest something

A:media keys of logitech keyboard not working with laptop

Download the latest version from Logitech's website compatible with your mouse and keyboard set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-keys-of-logitech-keyboard-not-working-with-laptop.889598/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello Sir,

I seem to be having a similar problem. Only the keys, Home, End, Right & Left direction keys arent responding. An external USB keyboard key is working. This led me to believe it could be a hardware issue (moisture etc.) however the new keyboard i order for my vostro 1014 (dell) laptop had the same issue, hence leading me to believe it is a software issue i.e. driver issue.

I have tried updating my driver it tells me its up to date. Have tried uninstalling it and on restart windows reinstalls my driver. I tried going on windows forum (Microsoft) and they were rambling about a possible Hotfix replacement. Please advise and let me know what do i do.

A:Inbuilt Laptop Keyboard , certain keys not working. Help Reqd.

Have you tried the Dell forum, laptop hardware section? That would be a good place since this is a Dell.
Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339713-inbuilt-laptop-keyboard-certain-keys-not-working-help-reqd.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Some of my keyboard keys stop working suddenly (i.e. a,s,d) and after sometime many keys stop working. So can anyone help me in this thing.

A:Compaq cq57 laptop keyboard keys not working

Hey @Sanjiv1?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your Compaq Presario CQ57-200tu Notebook and keyboard keys not working correctly. You can resolve this issue by checking the keyboard language.  Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Here is a link to uninstall the keyboard. Restart the computer after uninstalling, it should reinstall automatically. This has helped others. Here is a link to keyboard troubleshooting. I hope something here helps. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compaq-cq57-laptop-keyboard-keys-not-working/td-p/5208679
Relevancy 80.84%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

Relevancy 80.84%

ages ago a couple of keys stopped working on my toshiba laptop and just stuck to using on screen keyboard as subsititute for missing keys. Missing keys are:
y h n 6 and the left arrow key.
I have taken all keys off and gave a good check and could see no damage and liquids havent been spilt on it before that bad to damage it. im sure its a software problem
please help

A:some keys on toshiba laptop keyboard have stopped working

ok this should of been in hardware section sorry my bad but i did do a hijackthis report to see if there was any problems with it.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 05:01:16, on 27/01/2010
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18882)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\TOPI.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Application Launcher\Application Launcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\Basics\Basics Status\MaxMenuMgrBasics.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba TEMPRO\TemproTray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Suite\SEPCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxext.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\Generic.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile2\Mobile Phone Monitor\epmworker.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10c.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
E:\games\empire\steam.exe
E:\hijackthis\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 10.32.221.2:80
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee Phishing Filter - {27B4851A-3207-45A2-B947-BE8AFE6163AB} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\msk\mskapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Click-to-Call BHO - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\wlchtc.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-toshiba-laptop-keyboard-have-stopped-working.897908/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello ,
I have Dell Inspiron 3543. purchased on august 2015 . Its speaker and some keys of keyboard are not working . I updated all the drivers. I did Laptop's factory restore step. But none worked.  
I had shown the issue to few hardware engineers for issue confirmation. They all said It has keyboard and speaker issues. Contact to dell support as one year is not completed.  But Dell support is saying the product is not under warranty and contact dealer.  I contacted dealer. Dealer said we have updated the warranty.
To whom should I contact now? How my issue will get resolved?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987386
Relevancy 79.98%

My computer is an HP Pavilion G laptop Windows Home Premium bit I've recently went through a lot of problems with this computer specifically a corrupt user profile so I ended up doing a factory reset or something in that nature that fixed properly on Home disabled/not Keys working laptop keyboard the problem but it wiped everything off my computer Before the reset occasionally Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly my keyboard would just disable and go into this mode where certain keys opened a variety of programs and I had to shut off restart the computer to fix it But the keys worked fine it was just when the keyboard went crazy was when the keys didn't work But now a week or two after the reset I Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly went on my computer and the home keys and the enter key were disabled and I did some online research and a lot say that the keyboard is shot and you have to replace it The strangest thing was this morning actually I went on the computer and went to type and found the home keys were Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly actually working I left for a bit to start my morning and then came back woke the computer up and turned on the internet and found the keys disabled again I explained that story because it could be something involved with the computer's sleep function or its internet as a maybe Heres a list of some of my computer specs Computer HP Pavilion G Notebook PC x Processor AMD - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics Mhz Cores Logical Processors BIOS Version Date Insyde F SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB I really need help I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance J

A:Home Keys on laptop keyboard disabled/not working properly

firstly I would recommend downloading and installing all of the latest drivers for you laptop. especially any chipset and or ones directly related to the keyboard (most laptop keyboards use default windows ones so theres nothing to update, but laptops with hot keys and multimedia keys tend to use their own)

something else you can do is plug in a usb keyboard and test it, if the same keys on a usb keyboard dont work its not hardware related.
simply googling G7 keyboard throws up hundreds of user complaints so its not exactly a first time event theyve known to fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318329-home-keys-laptop-keyboard-disabled-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

My Computer Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model my not my no working keys wor keyboard keys while keyboard times Some other are on on Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled The notebook that is having the problem is an HP - b WM When i turn on the notebook it would ask me Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor to log in but none of the keys would work so i would have to press the button that allows me to go back to where i can choose log into another users account Then i would click on my account at which time all the keys on the keyboard would work Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor except b n and the delete key I reinstalled the keybaords software but that did not make the keys work I looked online Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor and on this website for solutions to the problem but none of the or solutions that i read about worked for my problem I finally wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows but the problem is still there I wondered if something got under the keys of the keybaord themselves so i took a couple off and looked and there was nothing I pressed the keys while their cover was off and it still did not work If the solution you tell me works for me tell me how come wiping the drive and then reinstalling Windows did not fix the problem I googled my notebooks name and found the drivers that are avaliable on HP s website I clicked on Driver - Keyboard Mouse and Input Drivers But then it only gave me options The first was HP Wireless Button Driver The second was Synaptics Touchpad Driver But there was nothing there about the keybaord I wasn t sure if they forgot to mention the keyborad in the title and description or if the thing that said quot Driver- Keyboard Mouse and Drivers quot was something they had for all notebooks weather or not they acutally had keyboaard drivers but because it could not hurt to download it and try it I have downloaded it and i tried to install it after i tried the message i got was quot The best driver software for your device is already installed quot I don t know what to do next Please help me nbsp

A:Some keys on my keyboard are not working while other times no keys on my keyboard wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-my-keyboard-are-not-working-while-other-times-no-keys-on-my-keyboard-wor.1125522/
Relevancy 71.38%

I had purchased an MD u laptop from Gateway which originally came with Windows Vista Not Working Keyboard Keys Laptop "fn" but I got the upgrade for Windows and dual booted Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope With all of these operating systems bit AND bit AND before the operating Laptop Keyboard "fn" Keys Not Working system loads my fn keys work I have recently downgraded both operating systems to just Windows XP which admittedly was never meant to work with this computer - but I have gotten MOST drivers to work The main problem I m having is that after Laptop Keyboard "fn" Keys Not Working XP loads my fn keys no longer work as expected Some combinations still work but not the important ones I m mainly worried about the brightness combinations but other combinations aren t working either If I change my brightness before Windows XP loads the brightness setting stays for the session but when my computer is restarted the brightness goes back to this is just too dim and it s killing my eyes I ve also checked the BIOS settings as well as looked in Windows XP s Power Settings I couldn t find anything that said my monitor wasn t at brightness Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters.

I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features and turned on/off all of the available options (Mouse Keys, Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, Filter Keys). I've pressed Shift for 8 seconds, and pressed it 5 times, and still haven't been able to correct it.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Possibly helpful additional information:
I've got a Spanish/Latin American keyboard layout installed in addition to the US English keyboard layout. I toggle back and forth with Left Alt + Shift (which is how I noticed my Shift key stopped working).
I play a game whose controls rely on a lot of Shift key pressing and holding.

A:Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts

When was the last time you used a can of air cleaner on the keyboard? If it isn't from contact wear often keyboards tend to get loaded up with dust and debris!

One example of that is having any snacks onhand around a pc where little bits get passed along from your fingers onto and under the keys themselves. Keyboards are known to get loaded up fast with any foods present!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107137-keyboard-shift-alt-keys-stopped-working-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys, Something really strange started happening two days ago. Out of the blue the following keys stopped working: GHBackspaceWindows [email protected]' The laptop is a couple of years old and a bit dusty, so I took it to the local shop to get the keyboard replaced and cleaned. Seemed to be working fine when I left the shop. Then, a little while ago the space key and P stopped. Five minutes later they started working again but ctrl stopped and N is temperamental. I haven't spilt anything on it or knocked it. Any ideas what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Random-Keys-Not-Working-Despite-Change-of-Keyboard/td-p/5830899
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys Damn Only I know how am I writing this post It s so damn frustrating Ok well here goes I was using a ps keyboard for a while now But suddenly certain keys stopped working I restarted uninstalled the keyboard but to no avail I had a brand new usb keyboard lying with me so I thought it s finally time to use it But the same problem persisted though this time a different combination of keys not working I tried both the keyboard on a friend s PC and they both work like charm Now I thought Keyboard not working keys may be I should try windows repair but I realized that the keyboard keys aren t even functioning in BIOS It s really irritating I am having a feeling that this problem is mobo related hence posting Keyboard keys not working in this section I am currently using both keyboards to write this Keyboard keys not working post but yet there are few keys which aren t working on both so I actually have to copy paste em from character map This whole thing is ridiculously painful So please help Looking forward Thanks in advance I am using XP bit and XP pro dual boot Problem shows on both My mobo Abit Ip pro nbsp

A:Keyboard keys not working

Is this a USB or PS2 type keyboard? Is your computer free from a virus or other malware infection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-not-working.132055/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I have an Acer laptop with a USB keyboard. All worked perfectly until I updated Win 8.1 to Win 10. Now my Page Up, Up key and Left Arrow do not work.
They work fine on the actual laptop keyboard just not the USB keyboard.
The keyboard works fine when attached to my other laptop (running Win 7) but these keys do not work on the Acer with Win 10.
I have updated drivers.
Any advice?
Thanks

A:USB Keyboard some keys not working

You have two options: stop using the USB keyboard with the Win 10 computer or roll back to the former OS and wait a few more months to try Win 10 and see if it has better drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-some-keys-not-working.1154523/
Relevancy 67.51%

my laptop keys m,n,j,h,u,y 7,6 are not working.....in control panel it shows standard ps2 keyboard is working properly...i uninstaaled keyboard and reinstalled it but it didnt worked......pavillion g6-1301tx windows 7 home basic

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/some-keyboard-keys-r-not-working-m-n-j-h-u-y-7-6/td-p/5655921
Relevancy 67.51%

First of all I want to say that I am no wiz with computers Laptop Lenovo Yoga Windows installed about months ago h nbsp and g keys as well as ctrl nbsp c and v for copy and paste and underscore key do not work at all using my keyboard Onscreen keyboard works allowing me to nbsp write h keys g on keyboard and working not h and g now very annoying and time consuming I've restarted tried typing in safe mode keys still did not work turned on and off sticky keys did not make a difference I've tried h and g keys not working on keyboard nbsp shortcut keys nbsp nothing worked not even temporarily I did not do system restore because it said I would have to reinstall a lot of programs h and g keys not working on keyboard including microsoft word and I just paid over dollars h and g keys not working on keyboard for it and I am confused nbsp by what would happen Cleaned keyboard nbsp no dirt or anything stuck under keys I am pretty upset just applying to jobs and writing resumes cover letters is nbsp hard If anyone nbsp can help I would appreciate it so much I've done research online and it seems I'm definitely not the only one with this problem Can't seem to fix it nbsp Help please Tara nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/h-and-g-keys-not-working-on-keyboard/td-p/3453357
Relevancy 67.51%

All of a sudden, while iam composing an email on hotmail, certain keys of my desktop keyboard stopped working...i assumed that once i restart it the issue would be resolved. I was mistaken. I have restarted my desktop computer, unplugged the keyboard from the cpu and start my pc up again, however the same issues persists. Most keys are functioning on my keyboard, but certain keys give no response. My num pad is not working, and the num lock green light doesnt even light up when i push down on it. Now the problem is, i cant log into my desktop windows xp, mainly because my password contains a 7 in it. None of the keys work on the numpad, however a few numbers do work from the main keyboard component. I have no idea what to do. I tried pressing f8 to go into safe mood but nothing happens. Please help. Thank you

A:certain keys on keyboard not working

Sounds like it's time to buy a new keyboard! If you're determined to get this one to work you can try washing it with warm water, then let it sit for a couple days to dry out, and try it again, but if I were you I'd just eat the $10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keys-on-keyboard-not-working.1002867/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I have an old laptop which I haven't used for a while, but want to start using it. However, the '1' and 'q' keys have stopped working. It hasn't taken a knock and I have removed the two keys, which were on a hinge, and could see no visable reason why they may have stoppped e.g. dirt (nothing more technical than that). The two keys when compressed do feel identical to the others, no signs of anything suck in there. Does anyone have any ideas? And if this type of thing is fixable?

Thanks

A:2 keys not working on keyboard?

Keyboards seem to drive their keys in diagonal rows. IE:
1qaz
2wsx
3edc, etc.

Since your 2 keys are consecutive in a diagonal row, we get the connection. The most suggested things are physically cleaning the membrane under the keys, and keyboard drivers. I have never owned a laptop, so I'm not sure you can just delete the keyboard driver, and let windows redetect. Or, just remove, and install the currect driver. Hopefully someone with laptop experience will be along with more info. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/128865-2-keys-not-working-keyboard.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have lenovo s100 notebook and this keyboard is not working correctly after a year.
Sometimes the 'O' key not working and I tried something like swiping the row of function keys and then 'O' gets working.
But this problem still gets for UP and RIGHT combination while gaming😔😔.
Please help me if there's any solution

A:Sometimes some keyboard keys are not working.

Order and install a new keyboard, sounds like you got garbage in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370729-sometimes-some-keyboard-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there.

Im using a saitek eclipse 2 keyboard and recently ive noticed that the following keys are no longer functioning: f8, f9, f10, f11, f12 and the print screen key. all other keys work fine as you can probably tell. i have no idea why this is happening. there are no drivers to install even on the saitek website because its a plug and play keyboard. This is really frustrating because i use those keys quite often in games.
My specs are:
Core 2 duo e6400
2gb ddr2 667
8600gt
Tagan 530w psu

Please help!

A:Various keys on the keyboard not working

try another keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/various-keys-on-the-keyboard-not-working.89864/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Recently I am unable to insert the exclamation mark (SHIFT+1) on any programs. I know there is no problem with any keys as the shift button works and also the number 1 button works. But when I press these two keys in combination I get nothing (just tried putting an exclamation mark here to no avail).  This problem happened with my dad's HP Win 10 laptop as well. Suddenly most (nearly half of his keys) stopped working and he has been using an external keyboard for 2 months (once again tried putting an exclamation mark here to no avail).  Really dissapointed as it clearly seems to be a HP problem after it happening to both my and my dad's HP laptops only. Can someone shed some light on this problem please. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-Keyboard-Keys-not-working/td-p/5834526
Relevancy 67.51%

The keys a,s,d,f,j,k,l and the "enter" key just  stop working the other day. I've had this laptop for 5 months now and I went to get it checked at Staples, only for them to tell me it might be a hardware problem.  Need help before school starts.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-keys-not-working/td-p/5728749
Relevancy 67.51%

Some keys on my keyboard are not working

A:keyboard keys not working

Can you provide more detail? Are using a laptop or a desktop? Are the keys physically
damaged or did liquid spill on the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-not-working.984631/
Relevancy 67.51%

All function keys (1st row on keyboard), several number keys (6, 8, 9 on the 2nd row) and the left Shift key do not response;
I checked keyboard driver is updated, connection good;
I tried troubleshoot hardware and devices but problem not fixed, seems nothing detected
I tried System Restore, but the blue screen saying files and settings being restored stayed for an hour without an end, so I had to stop it

How can I fix this keyboard problem? It's a notebook using Windows 7.

A:many keys on keyboard not working

Quote: Originally Posted by chinwoman

All function keys (1st row on keyboard), several number keys (6, 8, 9 on the 2nd row) and the left Shift key do not response;
I checked keyboard driver is updated, connection good;
I tried troubleshoot hardware and devices but problem not fixed, seems nothing detected
I tried System Restore, but the blue screen saying files and settings being restored stayed for an hour without an end, so I had to stop it

How can I fix this keyboard problem? It's a notebook using Windows 7.

Welcome chinwoman to the windows 7 forums.

Based on your trouble shooting so far, it looks like your notebook keyboard is toast.

there could be a single wire from your keyboard that has a loose connection or broken off.
My recommendation is to get it replaced. If your technically inclined, most laptops keyboards can be removed and the flat ribbon connection can be cleaned. I would try that if your comfortable with removing your keyboard, other than that, it looks like your going to have to take it to a repair shop which most likely will do the same thing, or replace it.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/199278-many-keys-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

Some of my keyboard keys aren't working (left shift key, left arrow key and a couple of others). I spilt water over the keyboard so this is what has caused it. Is there anything I can do to get these keys working again? Thanks.

BTW, its a Dell Quietkey keyboard (not USB)

A:Some keyboard keys not working

Take apart & clean or simply purchase a new one, cheap enough these days !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keyboard-keys-not-working.300640/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a friend :D that has a problem with certain keyboard keys not working. Such as;

The numbers across the top of the keys - 1,2,3,4,8,9,0.
If he holds down the shift key, still nothing on those numbers.
Various random letters also not working.

Swaps out keyboards, tries a couple others, no change.

This has happened to him before. They only solution in the past was to reformat. System restore doesn't fix it either...

Any suggestions? Ideas?

A:Certain Keyboard Keys Not Working

What type of keyboard is it? Try the website of the keyboard manufacturer (or the computer manufacturer) and see if they have any keyboard software/drivers you can download and install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106921/certain-keyboard-keys-not-working/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello i have a problem...
some of my keys are not working (r,t,f,g and v
i am bored of using screen keyboard
any help would be helpful

thanks i hope it will get fixed!

A:Some Keyboard keys not working

If this is the laptop in your specs, your options are: get it replaced or a USB external keyboard (perhaps one of those rollable rubber keyboards).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380555-some-keyboard-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, I updated my Synapse software (Razer) and suddenly my BlackWidow mechanical keyboard isn't working fully. The F keys are not working correctly the F10 mutes and F11/12 turn the volume up and down (almost like it's a laptop keyboard). The Windows key has swapped with the ALT key and also the hash key isn't working.

I'm not sure what else to do, I uninstalled Synapse, reinstalled, updated it, removed it, unplugged the keyboard etc.

Any help appreciated

A:Some Keyboard keys not working / working incorrectly

You might try System Restore back to the day before you first updated the software. I would also try the keyboard on another computer to make sure the keyboard is okay. And while at it, try the other keyboard on your system.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56011-some-keyboard-keys-not-working-working-incorrectly.html
Relevancy 66.65%

No liquids on it, when i've returned from leave it didn't just worked. It was working perfectly (and working every day!) before our leave period. Thanks

A:some keys of the keyboard of my e1 stopped working...

Hello, What model do you own exactly?Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/some-keys-of-the-keyboard-of-my-e1-stopped-working-after-not/td-p/451904
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an Emachine with WindowsXP on it, and it has this keyboard with these nifty little silver keys that make life SOOOOO much simpler. However, after some issues with virus I guess, suddenly they don't work properly anymore. Please note: I'm only guessing that the virus is what messed them up, I don't actually know.

My CUT/COPY/PASTE keys don't work at all, my CALCULATOR key gives me like 5 calculators, and since I don't use the others, I'm not sure if they work or not...heck, I'm not entirely positive what all of them do, but I'm sure that I can live without them.

I have tried unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in, but don't know what else to do to get the keys to work again. Suggestions anyone??

Relevancy 66.65%

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

A:Some keyboard keys aren't working

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

Have plugged in two different usb keyboards and the same buttons don't work. Delete, return, num3, num6, num9 backspace. don't work. I have run virus scanner, and malwarebytes antispyware, reinstalled drivers and reinstalled keyboard software. Both brands of keyboards are different and find that both have same issues means its windows. The two keyboards i have I have tried in different usb ports and the brands are Logitech G11 gamming keyboard and some no name gel rollup keyboard.

They both USB, wireless, Bluetooth, or PS2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99523-some-keyboard-keys-arent-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have HP pavilion 15 notebook my laptop battery was low and laptop turned off. so I put it likewise for 18-20 hrs and then I started it and suddenly {Z,X,C,V,M and left side shift and   , . / like Characters 2 and 5 numeric on right side numeric board} these keys stopped working. I tried every solution suggested in support forum but still not working please help me out of this problem  Please give me  replay as quick as possible

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Some-keys-on-keyboard-stopped-working/td-p/5721721
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone I know I have had this question posted here before and in the end I figured I would just get used to it Wrong It's pushing me past my usual point of insanity To refresh a few weeks ago I did a fresh install Working Not Properly Keyboard Keys On 2 of W and since then keys on my keyboard aren't working properly One key below the Esc button I don't care about but the other is the apostrophe and quotations key When I press this key nothing happens until I hit the space bar then it appears I have checked quot Keyboard 2 Keys On Keyboard Not Working Properly quot in Control Panel it says the keyboard is functioning properly I tried updating driver and have the most up to date driver I tried using the on screen keyboard and it has the same problem I thought of doing another reinstall but that is no guarantee that the keys will be fixed and in fact may affect other keys for all I know Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks David

A:2 Keys On Keyboard Not Working Properly

Turn your keyboard upside down and shake it. Dirt and crumbs get lodged in there.
I also use compressed air and blow dust out. You will be surprised at what comes out of it.
THW

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/163554-2-keys-keyboard-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Emachine T 3256 and the keyboard. The keyboard has 3 keys on the left cut,copy,and paste the keys use to work fine then yesterday the keys stopped working any idea how to fix it or what happened?Thx in advance for the help

A:Keyboard keys not working on Emachine

Try X/C/V and the ctrl-key on the left or right side of the keyboard.
You may need to reinstall special keyboard drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-not-working-on-emachine.21421/
Relevancy 66.65%

So i need help before i go insane!Some of the keys on my laptop keyboard are not doing the proper function.For exapmle, the MUTE button is working similar to the TAB button and the volume button brings up the start window with the apps, settings, etc. A few other buttons are not doing the proper function either. I have no idea what happened to make these keys not work right but I need help before i throw this laptop out the window!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Some-keys-on-keyboard-are-not-working-properly/td-p/5609694
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, .recently .my .keyboard .started .acting. strangly . .Every .time .i .hit .space .it .puts .a .period, .every time. I .type .?l? .it .hits .enter .and .enter .hits .f11 .etc . .I .typed .this .partly .with .word .to .make .it .semi legible . .please .help!PS . .This .started .suddenlyAnd .system .restore .did .not .fix

A:Keyboard keys not working correctly

Using .Windows .7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477214/keyboard-keys-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 66.65%

When i press right enter it types " 758' ", opens media player and browser. While on pressing windows key it types "09=yri" and opens browser. Its very strange and annoying. I have scanned for virus using Comodo and Malwarebytes but nothing reported. I removed keyboard drivers and updated them. Still issue was there. Finally I formatted my PC but its remain same. Is my keyboard dead or any other issue?

A:Keyboard keys are working strangely.

Hi rocker,

you could try to uninstall the USB drivers and reinstall them to see if it helps.

Also try the on screen keyboard, you'll find it through the Ease of Access center.
Make your computer easier to use

And try the keyboard on another system to see if it occours just on your computer.

/Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387307-keyboard-keys-working-strangely.html
Relevancy 66.65%

some of the keys on my keyboard stopped working when i upgraded to windows 10. i have restored windows 8.1, thinking that would solve is, but it hasnt. i have held the power button down to restart it, but that didnt work. i then uninstalled the driver and rebooted, which also didnt work. i cant find a way to contact lenovo directly either. i also cant find the keyboard driver on the lenovo website to install. can someone please help?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/flex-2-14-keyboard-not-working-some-keys/td-p/3383553
Relevancy 66.65%

I have two chromebooks here with certain keys not working. One of the chromebooks is a 14-x000na, and the other is 14-x006na. On the 14-x000na, the 6, y, h, n, 7, u, j and m keys are not working, and on the 14-x006na the 8, i, k and , keys aren't working. I have reset to factory settings, but this didn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated, as warranty has ran out so HP won't help me. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Certain-Keys-On-Chromebook-Keyboard-Not-Working/td-p/5610006
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an Acer Aspire 5720 and recently had the hard drive wiped and Windows 8 installed. Today it won't let me log in at all and eventually I have tracked the problem down to specific keys on my keyboard not functioning. Specifically:

i o x backspace 2 4 5 7 0

Any helpful suggestions? The rest of the keyboard seems to be working perfectly well....

Squillysmum

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, When I turned on my HP Envy 15t laptop yesterday several keys stopped working. They appear to be randomly placed around the keyboard: N, B, Caps lock, delete and a few others. I've tried several fixes that I have found on this forum but nothing has worked thus far. I now have an external keyboard hooked up and it works fine, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop. Any other suggestions? I'm definitely at the point of accepting that it's probably a hardware issue and my keyboard is on the way out. If so anyone know what I need to buy for a replacement? My warranty expired last month, of course. Thanks for any help you can give me. Sol

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Several-keys-on-HP-envy-15t-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5810782
Relevancy 66.65%

Can you help I have an acer aspire pc and have just got a new keyboard an acer sk- came with a mouse also Anyway when I plugged the keyboard in to my usb port it installed the drivers and said new hardware was found keyboard not on Media keys working etc etc and the media keys email web browser volume wheel mute etc were working just fine Then after shutting my pc down and restarting it they stopped working but the rest of the keyboard was working fine I unplugged the keyboard from the usb port it was in and plugged it into another one and the computer then said the same thing installed the drivers and said new hardware was found and the media keys started working again Then I shut down and restarted again and the same thing happened So now its plugged into the rd usb port and they were working for a bit and I left my computer on but overnight updates were installed and its been restarted and now they are not working AGAIN I ve tried updating the drivers and they were ok dudn t need to be updated I ve googled the keyboard model and can t find anything I ve been into control panel -- gt keyboards -- gt Hardware tab -- gt Properties and it says HID keyboard is working properly What next Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

hello 
I've wanted this help for like 3 days form now... there are some keys not working on my keyboard such as (w s t x ' ) idk if there is more keys but...
sometimes the keys works when i hold them for some seconds but i checked my filter keys and they were off
so please help me asap !!!
this problem happened to me i upgraded to windows 8
help pls

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e3a2998-26a9-4b4f-ae2a-dfb5bd39588f/help-me-some-keys-are-not-working-on-my-keyboard-windows-8?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 66.65%

Daughter's Chromebook is about a year or so old and the keyboard has stopped working properly.  Some keys work, others don't. Type the letter K and get Ki, type the letter s and get sxw, type the letter T and get nothing, and so forth. Tried the Refresh+Power thing but that failed to work. At one point thje keyboard began operating without being touched (!) which suggests a stuck button but couldn't tell which. We're wide open to suggestions.

A:Chromebook 720 keyboard not working. Some keys wor...

Probably time to get serious about cleaning. I've had reasonable luck with those cans of compressed air...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-720-keyboard-not-working-Some-keys-work-others-don-t/td-p/437322
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an Inspiron N5110 laptop.
There are certain keys that have suddenly stopped working. The "T, Y, BACKSPACE  and SHIFT keys.
There have been no spills or any damage to the laptop. No changes or additions added. I have called Dell and they had me remove the battery and power cord & hold the power button for 30 seconds..... After that they worked for about an hour, but have stopped again. I did the "solution" again but it did not help this time. He mentioned something about a download?? But to be honest I couldn't understand what he said. I am not a computer wiz,  just an average user. Any help here is greatly appreciated!!In the system info for keyboard it lists : Standard PS/2 keyboardand I am running windows 7

A:N5110 keyboard - some keys NOT working

Hi Delee40,
You may perform try below mentioned steps to further isolate if the issue is software related or with hardware. Check if you face the same issue while using the onscreen keyboard. Here are the steps to access onscreen keyboard:

Click Start→Control Panel→Ease of Access→Ease of Access Center.
Click the Start On-Screen Keyboard button. A keyboard appears, floating in the middle of your screen.
Test out the on-screen keyboard input in any application where you can enter text. Open Microsoft Word or a similar application and give it a go.
Click the Close button on the On-Screen Keyboard when you’re finished using it.

If the issue replicate with the onscreen keyboard then it is a error with any software or Windows. If not then you may try reseating the keyboard. Here is the service manual that you can refer to for installing the hardware components. Please follow the safety instructions.
If the keys are still not responding, you may consider replacing the keyboard.
Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19507239
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have a Lenovo v laptop and it comes with its own set of function keys You press the quot Fn quot key and then whatever corresponding key for various functions However recently I had a malware attack and although I Keyboard Function Not Keys Working think it was fixed in this forum some of these Fn keys don t work Specifically Fn F Monitor Control and Fn F Hibernate Also the quot Lenovocare quot hard button and the quot multimedia control quot hard button also do not work This link ftp ftp software ibm com pc pccbbs mobiles pdf w pdf has a bit of infomration on the Fn keys in general Also around the same time I don t know if this is related but when I go to Power Management in the Control Panel the dropdown list of Power Schemes contains nothing and I cannot set any of the options i e when to turn off standby etc I have tried downloading and installing the drivers again as well as various antimalware scans The keys by themselves work f and f and the Fn key in general works just not together Can anyone help Or can anyone perhaps suggest a more appropriate forum nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Earlier, the volume keys of my laptop were not working. Thanks for the help, it really helped me a lot.

Now, a similar problem is being faced by my friend. He uses a USB keyboard and suddenly, the "A, S, Z and 1(!)" have stopped working. Is it a hardware or a software problem and what can be the possible solution?

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

A:Some keys of the keyboard have stopped working

I cannot find a keyboard related software or driver for your laptop. I will research the issue more.

Obviously it just does not want you searching for asus or azuz (which would be changed in google to "did you mean asus?") laptops for a replacement

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123025-some-keys-keyboard-have-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All,
I have just replaced a screen in an Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook (AOHappy) and after i restarted the machine everything appeared to be ok, i downloaded and installed some windows updates, did some moving about from folder to folder etc, everything was ok. But now my daughter tells me some of the keys are not working,seems to be all on the right hand side of the board, the dots arrows, letters and some synbols. what would be the problem here?
Would the ribbon cable have moved? Or if it were not fully home would that cause these symptoms?

I did remove the keyboard at one point while trying to figure out how to get at the screen.

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-keyboard-keys-not-working.167030/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I had my laptop 2 years now and never had any problems before but recently some of the keys on my laptop keyborad are not working like fn key, i, e, r, t, y, u, ,i, o, = etc. Curently I am using an external keyborad to overcome this problem. I did a complete reinstall but problem still persits.
Can you please suggest where the problem might be. It is very confusing as some keys are working fine but some are not.

Regards,
Abhi89

A:Some keys on the keyboard are not working on my Qosmio F60

>Can you please suggest where the problem might be.
In my opinion problem is defective keyboard. As you can see complete OS reinstallation didn?t change anything. It must be hardware related issue.

Sorry but I think keyboard must be replaced.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68293-Some-keys-on-the-keyboard-are-not-working-on-my-Qosmio-F60
Relevancy 66.65%

windows vista keyboard has 10 keys that wont work and my usb keyboard also has a bunch of different keys that will not work on all usb ports. device mananger says all drivers are up to date except it cannot find device drivers. inspiron9400 any help is appreciated
{removed}

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35247ffc-8f1a-411d-a0f3-a9892c4c1b1d/vista-some-keyboard-keys-not-working?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 66.65%

Daughter's Chromebook is about a year or so old and the keyboard has stopped working properly.  Some keys work, others don't. Type the letter K and get Ki, type the letter s and get sxw, type the letter T and get nothing, and so forth. Tried the Refresh+Power thing but that failed to work. At one point thje keyboard began operating without being touched (!) which suggests a stuck button but couldn't tell which. We're wide open to suggestions.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-720-keyboard-not-working-Some-keys-work-others-don-t/td-p/437322/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone, I own an Acer Aspire laptop and certain keys aren't working, have had to use the on screen keyboard for a while and thought it's about time to get it fixed!

The keys that are permanently broken are that '0)' key and '/?' and intermittently I lose the left 'shift' key, and the I O P L keys.

Some of it seems to be concentrated in the top right of the keyboard, was wondering if it's a connection to the motherboard but wouldn't know how to fix it!

Any ideas would be welcome, have removed all of the above keys and cleaned them, even pressing directly onto the key underneath didn't help for the ?/ or 0) key.

Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

A few days after installing windows 10 on my Samsung 880Z5E laptop certain keyboard keys stopped working. The letter "m", the letter "z", and the space bar, and a few others. I tried reinstalling keyboard and mousepad drivers, I tried going back to Windows 8, I've searched online for similar issues. The only success I've had is that when I hold down an offending key for a very long time, it eventually sputters to life, but just barely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/certain-keyboard-keys-not-working-after-win-10-update.1156340/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Everyone,

I have a HP Netbook running Windows 7 Starter. 2 Days ago some of the keys on my keyboard suddenly stopped working (e,r,n). So thought maybe the keyboard was faulty. So I connected a external USB keyboard and still the same keys do not work.

I set the BIOS setting to default, but still nothing. I tried using last known good configuration, nothing but I don't think it is a Windows issue. I cannot log into Windows because one of the keys I need to type in my password doesn't work.

Does anyone have any sugguestions on what the issue could be?

Thanks
Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-netbook-keyboard-certain-keys-not-working.1022971/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I've owned the above laptop from new for about - years A few months ago I downloaded Windows when it first came out and my computer prompted me to do so I had no problems initially but more recently I haven't used the laptop for a few weeks I started it up yesterday and when it prompted me to sign in to my windows account I noticed that only certain keys on my Keyboard keys working update not after keyboard would work For example the delete button does nothing certain numbers such as and do not work - whilst all other numbers will work The letters g and h also the esc button and space bar do not work I had to use the ease of access screen keyboard to log in Is there a Keyboard keys not working after update fix to this If my laptop isn't compatible with Windows then why Keyboard keys not working after update was it working fine before Is it possible a recent update that has downloaded is actually not compatible with my laptop Please help as its so annoying

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Keyboard-keys-not-working-after-update/td-p/5724824
Relevancy 66.65%

I am having a problem with certain letters on the keyboard not responding. i have a GATEWAY NV52. I have cleaned the keyboard to no avail. is this a software or driver issue? i took battery out and left it out for a few minutes. reinstalled it. it works better now but still have to retype to et button to work. it is only certain keys s, m, h, and d. please help.

Relevancy 66.65%

Some of the keys on my laptop stopped working while I was playing a fighting video game was rapidly tapping a bunch of keys.The up and left arrows, right shift, and from q to p only t and y work.I have tried everything on the troubleshooting page http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03843122 as well as replacing the keyboard. Sometimes pressing the keys very hard will make them work . Also pressing certain keys at the same time will do something like ert will increase screen brightness. Don't think it did that before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-G6-Some-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5821257
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi folks. I just had to do a reinstall of my Window's 7 and since have had a problem with 2 keys on my keyboard. When I use the apostrophe key, nothing happens, but when I type something after, it appears. It's no big deal really, but I'm rather anal and it just bugs me when something isn't working right.

I have used search here at SF and gone through the tutorials, but can't find anything that quite matches. I tried to update driver's but the little box on the screen tells me driver's are up to date. I checked Device Manager and it doesn't indicate any problem. I checked Keyboard in Control Panel and it says the device is working properly.

If anyone has any suggestion's I would appreciate hearing them, if not I'll learn to live with it.

Thanks, David

A:2 Keys On Keyboard Not Working Properly

Have you changed keyboards?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156002-2-keys-keyboard-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 66.65%

​I was typing when suddenly my F H and . and , keys stopped working. I thought maybe drops of water or something may have gotten on it when I wasn't looking so I shut it down, and blew air on it with my blow dryer on low setting. I do not have compressed air. I let it sit for about a half hour then came back.
It was working just fine for about 5 minutes then the same keys stopped working. Then gradually more keys went out. I can now only type adegiklmopqrtuwxy. Also the space bar, up and down arrows, and various punctuation keys don't work. Although, some keys have started working that haven't before.
I cannot afford to get it professionally looked. Is there anything I can do on my own? The model number is asus x200ca-scl0301q and i have Windows 8.

Relevancy 66.65%

I have just got a new Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard. Those keys at the top for My Documents, My Pictures, Mail. Web/Home etc: sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. They are correctly programmed as they sometimes work but mostly they don't. Anyone got any ideas as to why they are not working?

Thanks

A:multimedia keyboard keys not working

I would check for driver updates, is it USB ? if it isUSB, make sure you installed it correctly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multimedia-keyboard-keys-not-working.176344/
Relevancy 66.65%

some uneven keys of my laptop pavilion g6 is not working properly what should i do? is it hardware problem or any update related?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/some-keys-of-keyboard-is-not-working-properly-what-should-i/td-p/5739844
Relevancy 66.65%

Yes I know that this problem has been hashed around over and over I have read countless posts but still no answer Here s my problem The Multimedia keys stopped working one day I can t seem to find out why I am using a P w Intel GAG mobo W SP and MS Multimedia Keyboard KB- a that is wired This is the same Working Not Keyboard MS Keys Multimedia keyboard computer and system as it came when new I have checked The Uninstall window and it shows that IntelliType is installed The Adm Hardware page and it says that there is a key or MS Keyboard Multimedia Keys Not Working MS Natural keyboard installed and working ok Hijack this in the Startup List shows that keyboard type exe is started If I go to the MS Keyboard icon on the desktop and use the Keys Restore Default Settings the keys work again MS Keyboard Multimedia Keys Not Working -- until the computer Sleeps or is Rebooted The keys stop functioning again until I restore them again If you need any more information just ask and I ll post it Thanks Steve-x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-keyboard-multimedia-keys-not-working.739952/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm having a keyboard issue - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop N its currently running windows and I downloaded the anniversary update in september not sure don't remember exactly - But after the second week of October i think certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason at all - Specifically the letters - W E R Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working - They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys - As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it - 10) Certain working on keys keyboard(Windows not I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else - I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them - Also days after I found this problem I did a system restore to a restore point that I had created about - days ago in the restore point I created everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore But that dint work either the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all the keys were still not working - And so afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10) issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated - And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard amp if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that - so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard - As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this Plz give me some answers for this - And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer P - Thanks to anyone who replies

A:Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

Plug in another keyboard and try that. If you haven't got one go to an Internet Caf? and plug in one of theirs.

Then you'll know if it is a hardware problem with your laptop keyboard (sounds like it is).

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69870-certain-keys-not-working-keyboard-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have two pairs of volume shortcut keys on the keyboard. Suddenly both have stopped working. The only way I can adjust the volume is through the system tray. Any help?

These shortcuts are very useful while playing a game.

A:Keyboard volume keys not working

I wish I could help but the same thing happened to me and no matter what I did I couldn't get them working again. All the other buttons work but not the volume? Right? I ended up buying a new keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/119341-keyboard-volume-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just built a new computer and installed a new Microsoft keyboard and mouse. Everything works except the function keys. They give no response at all on this computer but on my old computer they work fine and my old keyboard works good on the new computer.

I like the new keyboard better than the older one so want to use it.

Would there be drivers or something else needed to get this keyboard to work on the new computer?

Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

hi,
in my laptop, suddenly g, h, backspace keys are not workin.
can anyone tell wat could be te problem?

A:keyboard g, h, backspace keys not working

Probably a defective keyboard. Not much can be done with a laptop keyboard except replace it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346565-keyboard-g-h-backspace-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I woke up this morning and some of the keys on my keyboard have stopped working Im nearly sure it isnt a faulty keyboard but rather a virus or something randomly Keyboard keys working stopped that is remapping my keyboard The keyboard has been working fine up until today when the f y m and keys stopped working all at once Nothing spilled Keyboard keys randomly stopped working on the keyboard nothing like that Ive tried a system restore but it didnt solve anything I tried to do some research on my own but didnt find much one guy had the same problem but I didnt see any concrete fixes One thing that makes me think its a remapping problem Keyboard keys randomly stopped working is that when i hold down the f m y and keys and hit x the return is quot eqx quot Holding different combos of the keys that arent working yields different results but results nonetheless and since theres some sort of return when i hit the keys i assume they still work but something on the computer happened The other person who had this issue that I found gave me the idea of holding down the keys and hitting x since he did it and had the same results Is there a known virus that I Keyboard keys randomly stopped working may have Any way to restore the key set map to factory defaults Anyone have any idea whats going on here Thanks nbsp

A:Keyboard keys randomly stopped working

So have you verified that you have no virus or other malware infections? Download and run free Malwarebytes, and see if it flags some malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-keys-randomly-stopped-working.125353/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a Satellite L -B- FN bought only five months ago Feb and aside from an ongoing problem with the lid not closing properly I now have a hardware issue the keyboard has stopped functioning fully keys Satellite working L50-B-2FN: select keyboard not with most of the number keys unresponsive as well as the letters R and Y I have checked the keyboard and drivers setup through Device Manager and Satellite L50-B-2FN: select keyboard keys not working the machine tells me everything is working properly and updated but this is clearly not the case I tried Toshiba's own online recommendations uninstalling the keyboard http support toshiba com support t TYPE COMPUTERS and a system restore to the last automatic http forums toshiba com t System- ta-p but neither have resolved the problem From what I understand from online forums keyboard issues like thi are a very common problem on Toshiba Satellites especially those running or updating to Windows mine came with Windows already installed There does not however seem to be a clear or consistent solution Can anyone help Apparently the warranty on this device serial number part number expired on Dec so even though I only bought it from the store on Feb it isn't covered--otherwise I would be requesting a replacement especially given the problem with the lid not closing properly too Thanks in advance Martyn

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92654-Satellite-L50-B-2FN-select-keyboard-keys-not-working
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Keyboard 5000, but the mute, volume up/down keys aren't working.
I have a Dell XPS 420 running Win 7 32 bit. Some time ago, I replaced the original keyboard with the Comfort 5000, and now I'm wondering whether there might be a conflict among the items found under Keyboards in Device Manager.

Do I need all three of the following in device manager?

1 hd keyboard device
2 logicool hd-compliant keyboard (106 keys)
3 microsoft usb dual receiver wireless keyboard (mouse and keyboard center)

Re: the issue of the volume buttons, I have tried moving the USB bluetooth device to another port with no improvement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-volume-keys-not-working.1154820/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi.

I have a Gateway PS/2 Millennium Keyboard. When I bought a new computer (Dell E5500 Lattitude Laptop w/ a docking station) with Vista Home on it, the keyboard quick keys (the keys on the top that allow you to directly open up a browser, email, or control an audio CD playing don't work. I also can't figure out how to change the settings on the keyboard.

I suspect that I need to install a driver (or more) to allow the keybaord to fully function properly, but can't find anything that says it will work with Windows Vista.

Does anyone know how I can get this working?

Thanks.

A:PS/2 Millennium Keyboard quick keys not working

Originally Posted by eec7364

Hi.

I have a Gateway PS/2 Millennium Keyboard. When I bought a new computer (Dell E5500 Lattitude Laptop w/ a docking station) with Vista Home on it, the keyboard quick keys (the keys on the top that allow you to directly open up a browser, email, or control an audio CD playing don't work. I also can't figure out how to change the settings on the keyboard.

I suspect that I need to install a driver (or more) to allow the keybaord to fully function properly, but can't find anything that says it will work with Windows Vista.

Does anyone know how I can get this working?

Thanks.

ECC

Hi yeah the quick keys are functions of the drivers so you want to go to dell and download all the drivers. Bios, audio, vide, everything. then you need to go to gateway for the keyboard driver. If the keyboard was usb, or bluetooth you would need to do a couple of additionnal steps

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/247333-ps-2-millennium-keyboard-quick-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ihave a Satellite L -B- FN bought only five months ago Feb and aside from an ongoing problem with the lid not closing properly Inow have a hardware issue the keyboard has stopped functioningfully with most of the number keys unresponsive as well as theletters R and Y Ihave checked the keyboard and drivers setup through Device Manager select Satellite L50-B-2FN: working not keys keyboard and the machine tells me everything is working properly and updated but this is clearly not the case I tried Toshiba's own onlinerecommendations uninstalling the keyboard http support toshiba com support t COMPUTERS and a system restore to the last automatic http forums toshiba com t System- -p but neither have resolved the problem Fromwhat I understand from online forums keyboard issues like thi are a very common problem on Toshiba Satellites especially those running or updating to Windows mine came with Windows alreadyinstalled There does not however seem to be a clear or consistentsolution Can anyone help Apparently the warranty on this device serial number part number expired on Dec so even though Ionly bought it from the store on Feb it isn'tcovered--otherwise I would be requesting a replacement especiallygiven the problem with the lid not closing properly too Thanksin advance Martyn

A:Satellite L50-B-2FN: select keyboard keys not working

I see cut-and-paste mangled the spacing of my text, so I hope that is all clear enough!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92762-Satellite-L50-B-2FN-select-keyboard-keys-not-working
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there,

I just bought a new Saitek Eclipse III keyboard. There is no software to install or anything and runs of windows defaults.

However, none of the normal alphabet keys or number keys work on windows 7. Although the multi-media keys do work on the keyboard.

Yet, the keyboard work perfectly on my windows XP pc.

Any ideas how this can solved or is it a case of cancelling my windows 7 pre-order?

Thanks

A:Saitek Elipse III Keyboard keys not working

I'll let you know, I have one on order. Did you check their website for software/drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/25507-saitek-elipse-iii-keyboard-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just got a new computer with Windows 8.1. I use Firefox and a Microsoft digital media pro keyboard which has 5 favourite keys they are assigned to web pages. I have been using these previously on XP with no problems at all. Now they are very very slow to respond. The other hot keys work ok.

A:Keyboard favorite keys not working properly

Is there a separate software program that does the keys? If so I'm thinking running it in XP compatibility mode might help.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47814-keyboard-favorite-keys-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I recently had a Satellite C dt-B- purchased for me at Christmas Love the device and really enjoyed it up till recently A couple of months ago all of a sudden I noticed that my keys were starting to not work slowly the total number of keys not working grew and grew It even Keys C50dt-B-107 Working not Keyboard Satellite affected the on screen keyboard as it was acting like a key was being pressed So I removed the internal keyboard and functioned with just the on screen keyboard for a couple of months I recently bought a new keyboard online that is new I then placed this new keyboard into the motherboard slot However I still have issues but this time it doesn't seem to be the exact same keys as last time this Satellite C50dt-B-107 Keyboard Keys not Working is trying to remember off the top of my head One thing to note is that the plastic connector that usually held the keyboard in to the motherboard has broke off and I lost it As of now the keyboard Satellite C50dt-B-107 Keyboard Keys not Working is taped in place I'm afraid this is motherboard related damage and don't want to pay 's to repair it Can someone suggest troubleshooting ideas I obviously know that now I've been into the device I have probably made it unavailable for a free warranty repair I don't have the device with me as I'm out of my home right now but the H key works G does not Esc works Space Works These are just some keys that do work there are more that work but can't remember what

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92585-Satellite-C50dt-B-107-Keyboard-Keys-not-Working
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a wireless Microsoft keyboard 800. The c, z, x, and v keys don't work at all, shift doesn't either, typing in a site into the toolbar and pressing enter just sends me to a blank Google, w makes it go full screen, the left arrow shows f, bottom r, right t, e opens up elements, I don't know if there are any others but yeah. I replaced the batteries and that didn't do anything. I don't know what prompted this, can anyone help me?

A:Wireless keyboard messed up; keys not working

I have the same keyboard but have not had these problems. You could try and see if there are any later drivers for the keyboard. Mine is version 9.9 108.0 dated 27/10/2015. It may help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wireless-keyboard-messed-keys-not-working-4605695/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys, I need some help because keyboard of my Lapi ( HP2000-2120TU) is not working properly. Some time all keys working sometimes not like ( Delete , Space ,zxcvbnm.,) .Because of this delete key most of my document go recycle bin when i wanna open any thing..I have done some solution ( in device manager just uninstall keyboard and reboot lapi all key was working that time but delete key was not working properly) after that i was facing same than i reset whole lapi but still same .. some time my mouse pointer stuck in middle of screen this is happening from some 1 weeks after installing w10. please update me with proper solution .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-some-keys-not-working-HP2000-2120TU/td-p/5752377
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

In my Toshiba Tecra A11 PTSEOU-08904L model, some of the keys in keyboard were not working, intially only a,6 key were not working. But now around 12 keys were not working.

When i press any of these keys i hear a only beep sound and nothing happens.
Even i cannot see the bios menu at the computer startup like " press f2 for boot menu ".

Is there anything to do with the bios for this issue?
i tried updating the bios , but the setup failed saying, incompatible bios. please help

Thanks,
Thawfeek.

A:Tecra A11 PTSEOU: Some keyboard keys not working

> Is there anything to do with the bios for this issue?
BIOS? Why BIOS?
I guess its hardware problem and you will need to replace the internal keyboard.

Just to confirm the keyboard issue: you could connect external USB keyboard.
In case the external keyboard would work properly, the issue is related to internal keyboard.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73892-Tecra-A11-PTSEOU-Some-keyboard-keys-not-working
Relevancy 65.79%

My name is Kristina, and I've been having a lot of issues with my built in keyboard.  A lot of the keys stop working at random times.  I have tried to reset my computer but it doesn't help.  I end up having to use the touch keyboard, and I don't like to.  This is also the 2nd computer I have gotten from dell, the first one had the same issue so bad we couldn't even finish the initial setup.  This is getting very frustrating, and I'm about to send it back, I just don't want to.  Please help.

Kirsa Rhodes

A:Keys not working on built in keyboard on my Inspiron 11

Kirsa have you been able to fix this? Mine did the same thing... only able to use the touch screen for typing... please advise
Thanks
Melissa

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19607896
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if its something i did or it just happened on its own. Both the keyboard ctrl keys stopped working suddenly. its a logitech wired keyboard y-st39.. kinda very old. but i doubt its a hardware issue since both the keys stopped working.. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

A:both keyboard ctrl keys stopped working

Caps lock also not working now. It was working when i typed the question..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301523-both-keyboard-ctrl-keys-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When i try to play flash games, such as miniclip or addictinggames, my letter keys don't work unless i hold down CTRL and press the key at the same time. however my arrow keys work regardless. im using google chrome but it doesn't seem to work on firefox either.

A:Keyboard letter keys not working in flash

Chrome has the Flash Player built in. Make sure Chrome is up to date. FF requires you to update the Flash Player. Make sure you have the latest version for XP. Some people have chosen to play Flash Games with a controller rather than the keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-letter-keys-not-working-in-flash-619292.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a user whose Tab key stopped working, but only on its own. That is to say, Ctrl-Tab, Shift-Tab, and Alt-Tab all still work. After swapping with a known-good keyboard, Ctrl doesn't work, and escape opens the start menu (which would indicate that ctrl is stuck down). After a second keyboard swap, with a keyboard that is known-good, tested, and absoutely pristine, he reports that the F key and Ctrl key sometimes do not work, along with a couple other keys.

No accessibility options are active, and the BIOS on all machines in this office are identical. What could possibly be going on here, and what can I do about it?

A:Random keys on keyboard stop working

Are you receiving any errors in Device Manager?

To get to device manager, do the following:
Start->Control Panel->Performance and Maintenance->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager

Or

Type the following into the run dialog box (Located at: Start->Run)
devmgmt.msc

Let me know if there are any discrepancies.

Jake

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321514/random-keys-on-keyboard-stop-working/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello nbsp I purchased three refurbished C - Chromebooks from Groupon in September Just got to opening the third box since it nbsp was C71... on (Chromebook, Working Not C710 Keyboard Keys intended to be a backup of either of the Keys on C710 Keyboard Not Working (Chromebook, C71... other two if Keys on C710 Keyboard Not Working (Chromebook, C71... they failed Well one of the other two failed human error c'est la vie and as 'luck' would have it the third does not function as it should nbsp months later I am clearly beyond the -day warranty period The third device when first attempting to log in to my Google account wouldn't recognize some of the keys I pressed I plugged in a USB keyboard to log in and tested the onboard keyboard in a new Google Drive document The keys that are broken are or at least seem random nbsp With that said I have the following questions Has anyone else experienced this same issue with seemingly random broken keys If so did you fix it and how Is there a schematic layout for the keyboard assembly might help me understand why these seemingly random keys don't work Acer will you send me a new Chromebook the Hail Mary 'never-know-unless-you-ask' type of question nbsp OK thanks in advance for your help nbsp nbsp -- Chris T

A:Keys on C710 Keyboard Not Working (Chromebook, C71...

Have you considered Reinstalling the O/S? https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Keys-on-C710-Keyboard-Not-Working-Chromebook-C710-2833/td-p/323831
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi! Some of the keys on my keyboard are functioning quite well. They funtion perfectly in the last week. And then, the following keys stopped working (o, slash, question mark, Open bracket, and its partners). So I dont know what to do. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and, no solution. Tried restoring it but no solution near it. I really really need help. ;n;

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Aspire-V-keyboard-keys-not-working-o-slash-question-mark-Open/td-p/435710/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

So recently as in within the last half hour of writing this I've given my keyboard a quick clean-down My cat knocked a drink onto the number pad so I dried it off and cleaned it as best I could Everything seems to be working fine now - Arrow keys all numberpad keys num lock scroll lock caps lock the whole shibang Everything works Except for my ctrl keys Can't use any keyboard shortcuts can't ctrl alt delete can't use any program shortcuts that require the ctrl key Such as Puush and it's driving me nuts This isn't a problem with one key either because it's occurring with both the left and right ctrl keys My keyboard is just an off-the-shelf supermarket variety so I couldn't tell you guys a brand model number But as far as I can tell everything else works While cleaning the keyboard I did mash the num-pad and some of the right-hand-side keys with a towel a few times and I think I might have keys Ctrl not keyboard after working clean hit some kind of key combination that turned off the ctrl keys That or the spill somehow shorted out one very specific function Are there any Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean key combinations that would cause the ctrl keys Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean to stop working Specifically ones on the right-side of a keyboard numpad Or is Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean this keyboard just buggered Thanks

A:Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean

Sounds like it's buggered.
Unless something got into the contacts for the control keys themselves, it's extremely unlikely for something to effect just one or two keys.
It the drink was plain water, it normally won't hurt it after drying it'll function correctly, it it was a sugary drink, the sugar could insulate the contacts. Can sometimes rinse under warm water and allowed to dry.
If really ambitious or just plain curious, you can tear it apart and clean the contacts, but keyboards are cheap enough that it's seldom worth it as a repair.
try a different keyboard to see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ctrl-keys-not-working-after-keyboard-clean-1061378.html