Windows Support Forum

Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7

Q: Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7

Hello All I have just purchased myself a new rig Corsair T White Edition Case Corsair AX PSU Asus Maximus Vi Hero Z MB Intel Core i K CPU Corsair H Edition PNY Nvidia GTX XLR Corsair Dominator Platinum GB x GB MHz - - - CAS Asus Xonar D X Ultra Fidelity PCI-E Sound Card I then ran out of money and couldn t get a CD drive or hard drives so I for vs Best SSD 7 gaming Windows m using an old GB WD Black I m now gaining money again I already planned on getting the Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7 GB OCZ Vector for Windows to sit on but now I ve decided I want a GB Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7 SSD for games to be installed on I ve read reviews for the bigger GB Vector and because vector limits read requests to mb so that it multitasks like a beast but would games benefit from that Battlefield as an example would this awesome multiple high read speeds help or would a different SSD which just reads requests as fast as it can be a better option Anyone who can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Best SSD for gaming vs Windows 7

The Samsung 840 Pro gets my vote.

p.s. Nice build bit late and probably doesn't help much but I think you spent way, way too much on that RAM for not much tangible benefit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-ssd-for-gaming-vs-windows-7.193887/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

A:first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 36.12%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU wa... Read more

A:MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 36.12%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Will it improve gaming in anyway? In some (if not all) situations is there something with windows 8, that allow smoother processes in gaming?

A:Will upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 improve gaming performance?

You will find the below links as interesting.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/24/battlefield_4_windows_7_vs_81_performance_review/#.Uxm2O_mSxcp

http://www.game-debate.com/blog/?b_id=4853&author=WorryBear

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526759/will-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows-8-improve-gaming-performance/
Relevancy 35.26%

Recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate on this PC, and every few minutes (while playing either World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Modern Warfare:2, or even Left for Dead 2) I get a sudden lag spike, usually lasts just a few seconds, and I eventually have to close the program or wait it out to get it to stop. I have done everything to my knowledge of updating any drivers i can think of.

As far as Hardware goes,
Video Card - ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Motherboard - ASUS P5QL Pro
Processor - Intel 8200 Quad Core
Using 4GB Ram

Any help is Appreciated.

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello everyone,

I am the guy you all know who is basically a computer retard. I know where the power button is and how to surf the web but most of my computer experience comes from gaming consoles. Recently I bought a pc with the intention of getting into pc gaming as I was informed that it was a better all round experience.

In our office there are 2 people with macs and 2 people with windows. We would like to start gaming against each other over a lan router as we are stationed in china and finding games can often be a nightmare. I would like to know if it is possible to do this and how we would go about it.

I thank you in advance for all and any information you can offer, but please remember to use laymen's terms and full instructions where possible. As I said before I am new to this.

A:windows and mac gaming together over lan

Try Apple Boot Camp.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481945/windows-and-mac-gaming-together-over-lan/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm trying to decide whether to go from 7 to 10 or not. I have two GTX 1080s. I read a while ago that SLI was a mess on windows 10, but has that been fixed yet or not? Are there any performance issues I should be aware of or any compelling reasons to go to Win 10? One of the main reasons I'm thinking about it is for Tomb Raider and Forza but I don't want to screw up my computer for two games.

A:How is SLI gaming on Windows 10?

Probably would be better suited for the Nvidia forum. nVidia Flavor

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-is-sli-gaming-on-windows-10.1904559/
Relevancy 35.26%

Well i recently got windows 7. seance ive had it i haven't been playing any hardcore graphic heavy games. mostly counter strike and half life 2. I decided to reinstall mass effect and borderlands and i noticed moments into game play i was getting all kinds of graphic lag. Even when i was playing these games on Vista at full graphics i wasn't getting this much of a frame rate drop, but im getting extremely noticeable frame rate drop, even in games as simple as team fortress 2. Any settings i can change or anything i can do besides buy more hardware or turning down graphics to fix this issue? I'm running windows 7 32 bit. please help or give some suggestions

A:Windows 7 and Gaming.

I'd make sure the video drivers are the most current from nvidia.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-and-gaming-452636.html
Relevancy 35.26%

i play pirated games on pirated windows xp on my pc.i m thinking of buying windows 7 home premium.

but i m not sure that the games which work on xp would work on windows 7 home premium.or should i buy windows 7 pro

bcz windows 7 has pro has xp mode,may be then i wouldnt have problem playing games which work on xp

games which were launched before windows 7 was launched

A:windows 7 for gaming

We certainly appreciate your honesty and appreciate that you are considering purchasing Windows 7.

But we really cannot and will not help with pirated games.

In general the XP mode is a feature targeted for businesses to encourage them to upgrade to Windows 7 w/o fear of losing their "legacy" business applications. As I understand it nothing special was done with a view towards games, so any particular game may or may not work in XP mode.

You can probably find information on a purchased game's web site about its compatibility with Windows 7 and whether there is any upgrade for it.

I am closing this now because of the involvement with pirated games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-for-gaming.977466/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm building a new gaming pc and I wonder if it's worth getting windows 7. I'm using XP 32bit now.

These are my new pc specs:
MB: Asus P6x58D
CPU: Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core 2.8GHz
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 480
RAM: Corsair DDr3 3x2GB
HDD: WD Caviar Black 500GB
PSU: Corsair 850-TX

Is win 7 noticeably faster/better in performance? I've heard it gives a lot of problems with old games, but with a 32bit OS I'm capped to 4 GB of memory.

Your thoughts?

A:Windows 7 64bit & gaming

Hi -

Windows 7 is leaner and faster than Vista; some say Windows 7 about even with XP or that XP is faster. Join the future - Windows 7; Windows 8 on the horizon. XP's time is counting down. The 2008 XP SP3 is the last service pack - no SP4.

x86 games will always be capped at 4 GB RAM even under x64 OS. x86 apps follow x86 rules.

Windows 7 Compatibility Center for hardware and software --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64bit-and-gaming-514475.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Dell M6400 Laptop. The spec is quite hefty at Q9300 Quad Code 2.53 Ghz, 8GB Ram, 1GB Nvidia FX 3700M Video.

I am running Windows 7, and have recently bought 2 new games, DragonAge, and Modern Warfare 2.

When on Battery Power I can run both games in full 1920x1200. The run flawlessly with full detail enabled.

However, strangely when on Main Power, both games stutter, with the CPU at 100% usages on all 4 cores.

At first I suspected a Driver fault so I updated all drivers; particularly Video and Sound Drivers. Someone has suggested the Video card, and that Windows automatically puts it in a low power mode when on battery. This would make sense except that when on battery, 1920x1200 runs perfectly. When on Mains even 800x600 stutters.

Does anyone have any idea how I can monitor exactly what changes windows is making when I switch between mains and battery power?

THanks.

Relevancy 34.83%

Ok I am trying to follow alot of the posts people have put on this while BSOD gaming 7 Windows bit Pro 64 forum but I'm having problems finding anything of the sort It seems as though anytime I play a game I get a BSOD but it's not a normal BSOD my system freezes and makes that quot wonderful sound quot but my display is more of a purple color and the screen Windows 7 Pro 64 bit BSOD while gaming is all pixilated and I can not read anything from the screen I have swapped out mem tried new video drivers even went with a different PSU I read in another area that WD My Notebook external hdd have been known to cause the problem so I kept mine way far away from this system the last couple tries at playing a game I contacted XFX the manufact of my video card I've heard of people also having issues with the HD audio from their mother boards At this point I am about to scrub this set-up an revert back to XP Any light you can shed on this for me would be wonderful

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-pro-64-bit-bsod-while-gaming-427387.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Just built the computer yesterday and its been gaming. 7 crashes Windows during working great ever since Been gaming on it pretty much since then with no problems until a few minutes ago Was getting into some heated battles in Cod and everything just went zoink striaght to a BSOD Started her back up I checked my ram and its still showing gb and I'm fairly sure i have most my drivers up to date Main Specs are - CPU- AMD x BE GPU- XFX HD Mobo- GA- GM-UD H PSU- Antec Watt HDD-Seagate F TB RAM-DDR Gb mhz Corsair Windows Bit Problem signature Windows 7 crashes during gaming. Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP Windows 7 crashes during gaming. C BCP FFFFF F C BCP FFFFF AA Windows 7 crashes during gaming. B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product On Sun PM GMT your COLOR blue important COLOR blue important computer COLOR COLOR crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgmms sys dxgmms x C Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF FEF C xFFFFF B x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system drivers dxgmms sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description DirectX Graphics MMS Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgmms sys dxgmms x C Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF FEF C xFFFFF B x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system drivers dxgmms sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description DirectX Graphics MMS Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time

A:Windows 7 crashes during gaming.

Hello Stevo, Please refer to the following thread. The BSOD team will need some dump files To further help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135093-windows-7-crashes-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Windows 8 pro PC, my friend gave me a game I scanned it wit avast antivirus, malwarebytes , super anti-spyware and it was ok . But when I clicked on the .exe file my pc got infected . Now whenever I play another game like IGI, GTA ,when i click on .exe file the cpu meter rises to 30% and the game doesn't starts but when I again click on the game it starts. I checked my task manger and it was showing Windows Host Process{rundll32} is using my cpu. I restored my pc but its just not working while in windows 7 I have fixed the same problem by restoring.
pls anyone me help how to fix this problem.

A:Gaming problem in Windows 8

But when I clicked on the .exe file my pc got infected

I restored my pc but its just not working

If you can't isolate and remove the malware, here are your options for a custom build running Windows 8
(per your specs):

Repair Install Windows 8

Refresh Windows 8

Clean Install - Windows 8

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/32752-gaming-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello - I recently last couple of days have been getting BSOD while playing LOTRO They While BSOD 7 Windows Gaming seem Windows 7 BSOD While Gaming to always happen right after a load into a new area I played some LFD tonight and the game closed without warning as well Attached you will Windows 7 BSOD While Gaming find everything you asked for in the sticky thread Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated SYSTEM SPECSOS - Windows Ultimate OEM version Clean install by me System was built by me in July no overclocking OS Install is approx month old was previously Vista before clean install on formatted system drive CPU is Intel Core GHz Video Card is Nvidia GeForce GTX MotherBoard is ASUS P N E-SLI Power Supply is Antec TP - RT SOME HISTORYI built this PC in July In summer of my system memory failed due to overheating because a fan cable was accidentally detached when I cleaned the case several months before The damage occurred after a long gaming session on a very hot day in my apartment I diagnosed replaced the bad RAM and everything seemed fine for a while In July my old video card GTS flaked out and I replaced it with the GTX I have now In Feb I started having the same problem I am currently dealing with random BSOD when I play LOTRO that become more frequent over time At the time performed many of the same tasks listed below and rolled back via system restore several times The problem got better for bits but did not go away At the time chkdsk found corrupted files and fixed them and at that point I was looking to move to Win so I bought a copy wiped Vista and installed Win All was fine for about - weeks until now TESTING SO FARWindows Memory Diagnostic - passes overnight no issues Checkdisk no issues MemTest - passes so far no issues sfc scannow no issues Recreated page file set to zero reboot defrag reset size reboot again Windows Defender no issues

A:Windows 7 BSOD While Gaming

Hi -

You have really covered many basis. Nice job!

The bugchecks on the 8 dumps were identical -

0x50 = page fault in nonpaged area = invalid memory referenced

Probable cause of all8 = Creative SB X-Fi; All failed under lotroclient.exe - Lord of the Rings

The SB X-Fi driver is listed first, but the second driver is without a doubt your worst enemy at this time - a 2005 Asus ATK0110 AI Suite utility mobo driver. Update it 1st -

Code:

ctoss2k.sys Wed Jun 03 13:57:43 2009 (4A26B997) - SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Card

ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C) - Asus ATK0110 utility

ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 04:38:22 2008 (486B3E7E) - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 driver
nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008 (48F8FD12) - NVIDIA nForce hardware firewall
Asus driver updates --> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Creative SB Support --> http://support.creative.com/welcome.aspx

NVIDIA --> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I also took note of BIOS date. You may want to look for BIOS update -

Code:
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
ASUS P5N32-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1503, 8/1/2008
Please let me know how things go.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 20:07:30.921 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:05.950
BugCheck 50, {ffffffff84ad0000, 0, fffff80002aeee60, 5}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctoss2k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctoss2k.sys
Probably caused by : ctoss2k.sys ( ctoss2k+5d92 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 19:52:34.797 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:31:20.826
BugCheck 50, {ffffffff89460000, 0, fffff80002ae6e60, 5}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctoss2k.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 13:31:17.968 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:14:43.997
BugCheck 50, {ffffffff81950000, 0, fffff80002a9de60, 5}
Debug session time: Mon Mar 22 19:38:38.822 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:50.850
BugCheck 50, {ffffffff814a0000, 0, fffff80002adfe60, 5}
Debug session time: Mon Mar 22 01:25:21.727 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:06.756
BugCheck 50, {ffffffff83d10000, 0, fffff800028f6e60, 5}
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-while-gaming-470977.html
Relevancy 34.83%

With the new year on me and my 15 year old soundcard sputtering to its death, what card would be best for a windows 7 gaming machine, mainly playing counter-strike source?

A:Best gaming soundcard for windows 7

I'll try to put this as simply as I can. As long as the sound card is by Creative Labs, and the sound card fits in a slot you have available on your motherboard, then it barely matters what you get. I get excellent sound from my card. My card is a PCI Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE that I got a year or two ago for $30. Driver support for it with Windows 7 gave me a little bit of trouble, but I got it to work anyway. It's an old card...what can I say? Driver issues are to be expected in such a case.

Regardless though, the general rule of thumb still stands. Just let me know how much you're willing to spend and what slot you have and I can link you to an appropriate card if you like. Cards go for anything between $30 and $300 bucks. There are PCI-Express versions and PCI versions as I'm sure you're aware.

If there's anything that needs further explanation, please ask. I'll be happy to answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-soundcard-for-windows-7.140922/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello I keep getting BSOD about minutes after opening a game I tried many things to stop this but it just keep - BSOD gaming 7 when Windows crashing with different causes I tried Memtest and it says everything's OK I downloaded the Drivers Pack Solution and same thing I made it crash many times and after fixing a thing it crashes by another cause first IRQL not less or equal BSOD when gaming - Windows 7 then Page fault in nonpaged area and now it says NTFS file system This is a new computer I only could play once and then the second time it crashed It happened with Devil May Cry but I installed Assassins Creed II and it does the BSOD when gaming - Windows 7 same thing Specs are Windows Ultimate AMD A - APU with integrated Radeon HD D Motherboard AS-ROCK AA M-HVS RAM mb DDR Power Supplies V hz W By now the dump says it's caused by AVG I think but I guess it won't fix by uninstalling it I've got many dumps with different causes of crash but here's the last one Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is srv Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e e Debug session time Sat Aug UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fb fffff ab fffff aa fffff cec Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS avgidsfiltera sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsfiltera sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsfiltera sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win k sys Probably caused by memory corruption Followup memory corruption --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis NTFS FILE SYSTEM If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the nd and rd parameters are the exception record and context record Do a cxr on the rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack trace Arguments Arg fb Arg fffff ab Arg fffff aa Arg fffff cec Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION RECORD fffff ab -- exr xfffff ab ExceptionAddress fffff cec nt MiMakeSystemCacheRangeValid x ExceptionCode c d Illegal instruction ExceptionFlags NumberParameters CONTEXT fffff aa -- cxr xfffff aa rax f rbx rcx rdx rsi rdi rip fffff cec rsp fffff ab rbp fffff fcc dd r r da r b r r fffff ab r r dffffffff r fffffa e eb iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt MiMakeSystemCacheRangeValid x fffff cec Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID CODE CORRUPTION BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME avgrsa exe CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc d - EXCEPCI N Instrucci n ilegal Se ha intentado ejecutar una instrucci n ilegal EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc d - EXCEPCI N Instrucci n ilegal Se ha intentado ejecutar una instrucci n ilegal LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff cd ea to fffff cec STACK TEXT fffff ab fffff cd ea fffff fc c dd fffff ffffffff ffff nt MiMakeSystemCacheRangeValid x fffff ab b fffff cfe ae fffff ba fffff ab nt MmCheckCachedPageStates x d fffff ab fffff fd b fffffa a bf fe nt CcFetchDataForRead x e fffff ab c fffff cfc fffff a fffff fffffa fffff nt CcCopyRead x b fffff ab fffff fffff a fffff ab b fffff ab a Ntfs NtfsCachedRead x fffff ab e fffff f fffffa b d fffffa da fffff ab fffffa ad Ntfs NtfsCommonRead x fffff ab fffff f f fffffa ddf fffffa da fffffa ad Ntfs NtfsFsdRead x b fffff ab fffff f df fffffa de fffffa d fffffa da fltmgr FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted x f fffff ab c fffff e b fe fffffa a fltmgr FltpDispatch xcf fffff aba fe fffffa a fffffa a bf avgidsfiltera x b CHKIMG EXTENSION chkimg -lo -d... Read more

A:BSOD when gaming - Windows 7

Hello Shellskiff and welcome to TSF!

Please refer to the following and reply here accordingly afterwards:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-gaming-windows-7-a-659127.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I get the bsod while I'm playing on line.

windows 7 ultimate x64 retail
system is about 2years old
just reinstalled windows about a month ago

A:windows 7 bsod while gaming

Hi, Bud; and welcome to the forum. I looked at four of your dumps. All of them indicate memory corruption. Unfortunately, they do not point directly to a cause.

Quote:
Error code A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility.

Error code 7E, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.

Error code 3B (2X), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0304d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0328ae50
Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 10:52:37.072 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:27:21.820
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {200000000, 2, 1, fffff800030fe0a2}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000200000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800030fe0a2, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032f50e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12
fffff800`030fe0a2 48890a mov qword ptr [rdx],rcx

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: McSvHost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800b580380 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800b580380)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=000000000be9d000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8800b5805a8
rdx=0000000200000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800030fe0a2 rsp=fffff8800b580510 rbp=fffff8800b580580
r8=fffff80003237e80 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff800032f7840
r11=0000058000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+0x12:
fffff800`030fe0a2 48890a mov qword ptr [rdx],rcx ds:0202:00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125054-windows-7-bsod-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

From what I read, upon installing it, I will get 2 program files folders, one for 32 bit and the other for 64 bit. This is confusing, I hope somebody explain it and its consequences on gaming.

Do I need to get some x64 drivers before installing?

My rig is AMD phenom x4 with 8 gig of RAM and 2 raptor 150 gig HDs in raid series and with ATI radeon HD4870 x 2 2 gig.

A:Solved: windows XP pro 64 bit and SP2 and gaming?

With those new parts I would throw on Vista 64 bit. Windows XP 64-bit you will need the correct drivers just go to the motherboard website...Consequences on gaming? 2 folders in programs files; you don't spend all your time looking at the programs files folder. It just means 64-bit programs install in that folder and 32 in the other folder. The 64-bit folder will have hardly anything. Maybe programs like winrar, realVNC or antivirus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-pro-64-bit-and-sp2-and-gaming.830883/
Relevancy 34.83%

How do you guys optimize/tweak your own computer? I was surfing the internet yesterday and came across few software I'm not sure about. First is the game booster claiming to boost gaming performance and then I found cacheman and cleanmem. I don't know about cachman but I've heard recommendation about cleanmem. Other than those I've also found tune-up utilities from this page -http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-pc-tune-up-utility.htm-. I don't trust most software I heard but too much good comments is said.

A:Optimize Windows 7 for gaming

for Win7, neither are needed. There was a thread on Cleanmem CleanMem, the only memory optimizer that really works ! but the value of it is dependant on things being ran. Windows cleans out the RAM better than previous OS's.

If you want to look at how to get your computer running fastest, look here: Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/99956-optimize-windows-7-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello So i am a gamer and i built my computer for gaming and it has been fine over the past months or so since i built it but lately i have been getting the BSOD and its becoming more frequent I have looked into this for quite some time to educate myself in it but i have BSOD, Gaming. XP Windows Pro yet to figure out how to fix it The last computers i have built Windows XP Pro BSOD, Gaming. have done this even top end systems i have built and IMO i think its because i run AGP Video cards and not PCI pci never had problem The last blue screen error said something like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Then another one said this Win k sys Address BF E Windows XP Pro BSOD, Gaming. D base at BF DateStamp c do ce STOP x E Xc XBF E D XA E x I wrote that down from Windows XP Pro BSOD, Gaming. the last one thats it though nothing like the first one And yes my computer is set up to record Minidump files and i tried to use BlueScreenView program didn't find them neither did WinDbg I think because i use AVG PC-Tuneup it might clear them out im not sure but any ways i can look and get them to show up And yes i have gone into the file page and set it to show hidden files even the OS ones that are a quot warning quot to show still no MD files Most of the time this happens when i run World Of Warcraft and Steam Powered at the same time sometimes i have Skype or Vent going at the same time its almost like my computer is over whelmed but it cant be because IRQ is sound files or sound cards last time i checked but i could be wrong and i dont use a sound card at the moment no need with my headphones I do not believe it has anything to do with the graphics because i can run RIFT and that is wayyyy more demanding than Warcraft and it never happens so i don't think it is my games but it could be a possibility im not ruling it out I can go into the Event Logs and there is logs there i am not sure which logs are what though my specialty is more of hardware and general software not in depth programming s I will attach a file with the logs if you see any that i should look into specifically post back and i will go into them and get the info for you Thats all i can think of for now im sure im missing something some where but anyways thanks for your time reading this rant Back to gaming i go for now Thanks again Nik

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-bsod-gaming-584260.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello 8 Forums!

I recently bought and upgraded my computer to windows 8, from windows 7. Instead of installing all my games over again, and then having to update them (Battlefield 4, etc), I decided to all my games into a folder on the desktop, since the upgrade didn't remove the desktop and all that stuff. Anyways, once Windows 8 was installed I wanted to play some games, so I copied everything from that folder to the Program Files (x86) which they originally installed to on Windows 7. So I went to play some games and it comes up with mscvp100.dll is missing. I've installed the 2013 C++ Redist, ran sfc /scannnow, virus scan's everything.

So without downloading the single .dll on the internet, how do I fix this issue alltogether. So no more games come up with this error.

A:Gaming problem on Windows 8.1

Hi, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it's worth a shot: MSVCP100.dll Missing. - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/59607-gaming-problem-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have HP Notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and 4Gb ram. When i Watch my system I only see 3 gb ram. I read that all the 4gb is still there, but the 1gb what is not shown is used by OS. When i play games, does my computer uses all 4gb or only the 3gb that is shown? Does 32-bit windows take down my gaming performance?

A:Windows Vista 32-bit and Gaming

See if the following article helps explain why you are not seeing the full 4GB RAM in a 32-bit Vista system: The system memory that is reported in the System Information dialog box in Windows Vista is less than you expect if 4 GB of RAM is installed. Seeing 3.2-3.3 GB is common and not indicative of a problem with your system (nor is there much you can do to change this).

I don't know if gaming performance is better with 64-bit systems or 32-bit systems if both have the same amount of RAM installed and the same video cards (with the same RAM on the cards) and the same other hardware performance characteristics (like the speed of the hard drive, the refresh rate limits of the monitor, and other such things). I suspect the 64-bit system may be a little faster all other things equal on some games and no different on others but that's just an educated guess (assuming you have a 64-bit processor and motherboard). Of course, if you add more RAM to the 64-bit system (something you can't do with a 32-bit system) and increase RAM on your video card, you will probably see some improvement - if the rest of your system can handle it and all the other devices are "enhanced" so nothing is causing a bottleneck (like maybe a slow monitor or something like that).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/282723-windows-vista-32-bit-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello First time posting I have a problem with what would be considered high end gaming examples being Fallout need pls OS, Windows crashes, 10 gaming help the new star wars battlefront etc When I play these games everything operates just fine up to a point After a random amount of time the game will crash computer screen goes black However I can still hear say mumble ventrilo talking and I can talk to them too I have replaced almost every component in this PC except the CPU Brand new parts Power supply W SSD hard drive g EVGA GTX G ram ASrock Z Pro mobo CPU is not Windows 10 OS, gaming crashes, need help pls new I - k I have reinstalled gfx drivers and monitored temps never gets above C for GPU and C for CPU mobo sits around - C Have also googled for answers and followed advice from other pple who may have had similar problem but to no success Anyone have a thought on what is going on Let me know what you need This occured on Win OS as well

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597816/windows-10-os-gaming-crashes-need-help-pls/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there A few weeks ago my SSD in my PC died and I replaced it While doing so I also upgraded my graphics card and did a reformat of all HDD's and and a fresh install of Windows Yesterday was the first day using the computer since the HDD crash and I had no issues while reinstalling software etc However today after logging onto World of Warcraft for the first time I recieved a BSOD followed by a computer reset Hoping it was bad luck I continued what I was doing and logged back into World of Warcraft hours later it happened again Due to the fact I had my computer on for a long period of time while downloading reinstalling with no issues I think the problem only happens while playing World of Warcraft I have not tired any other games I have followed all the instructions with the DMP file ZIP and hopefully someone can help me Computer specs OS - Windows Home x Motherboard - Gigabyte X A-UD CPU - Intel Core i GHz RAM - GB Primary HDD With Windows Intsalled - Intel SSD- SATA GB Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Thanks Gobby

A:BSOD with Windows 7 -Gaming

Hello Gobby and welcome to the forum. I have been looking over your crash dumps and the other files collected by the SF tool it looks to me like the cause may have come from an old Razer keyboard driver which can be updated from here. I would leave the thread open and post back if you continue to get BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272017-bsod-windows-7-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello and greetings,

I got a serious problem Windows 8 Professional 64bit on my bootcamp (MBP) ,last time I installed a windows 7 on it, it works fine, and now I get windows 8 Professional and I installed on last month. Unfortunately, I get BSODs twice on today, first I get BSOD while playing Heroes Of Newerth, after that it restart automatically and I try to boot into windows 8 again, BSOD appeared again even with no gaming and that time I was just searching the solution on google with Google Chrome
Any idea to fix it ?

I use bluescreenviewer to save the dump file and attached with this post.

Thanks in advance

P/S : It showed "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECKED_FAILURED" message while BSODs.

A:Windows 8 BSOD while gaming !

Welcome
With this additional information we can give you the best possible help
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/12789-windows-8-bsod-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

OS -Windows x What was original 7 on gaming crash Windows installed OS on system Yes Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer pre-installed Age of system hardware months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Same No CPU AMD Phenom II x Black edition Video Card Windows 7 crash on gaming Dual ATI Radeon HD s MotherBoard Gigabyte MA GT-UD H Power Supply - It's only when I'm gaming during games such as COD WaW MW BFBC and such usually only on first player but will once in a while on multi Games that do not crash my pc are Assassins Creed I II all Total Wars and BF ----since i wrote this Assassins Creed II won't just black out but will freeze and loop the music sound I'm not running more than one audio driver creative SB x-fi the error is quot critical Kernel-Power task category quot I've thought I've fixed it from switching from my on board audio driver but it's still crashing here's what the event viewer says Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Eric-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt then there is also an quot error quot a second before saying - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Eric-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DA D F F DA D F F C B lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I wrote posted once forgot to include quot error quot though but somebody told me to post my minidump file however when i went to were he said it'd be it wasn't there pic here http img imageshack us img lolxz png so i'm attaching the jcgriff again and hopefully i can get some help hate doing - minute spurts on BC lol thanks

A:Windows 7 crash on gaming

Definitely looks like an audio device issue. It says in your System Information that they're disabled? Verify this in the Device Manager (link in my signature should help if you need it) and if true then enable them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-crash-on-gaming-484284.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi My name is Alexandru I am new on this forum and I come here to ask you to help me with a problem that keps bugging me for a while Here is the problem Games have all sorts of problems on XP Problems that don t occur on Vista Sound at games stopes is choppy frame rate suddently drops and games crush Also cinematics don t work And the worst is at Silent Hill Homecoming that doesn t run at all on XP But all the games including Silent hill homecoming work just fine on Vista Unfortunatly changing drivers Gaming problem Windows on XP don t help I tried all the available drivers for my chipset and audio card incorporated in motherboard and I also tried several drivers at my video card But I am sure that the problem is not from my video card since this Gaming problem on Windows XP happen on my old card as well Usually these problems occur when the chipset driver is too old but I tried all the versions and still the same problem I should mention that most of the games from or newer have this problem and none from or older The only new game that didnt had any problem was Mirror s Edge I also tried the latest DX I want to have XP instead of Vista because I have only Gb of RAM and while most games work slow but acceptable silent hill or Crysys work Ok for a while and after that I have to restart them not to mention the time that it takes to refresh my desktop after I exit a game This is my sistem Motherboard B-MX chipset Gaming problem on Windows XP Intel audio Realtek HD CPU Intel Pentium Dual-Core Ghz Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT Mb Bit Ram Gb Kingmax DDR II MHZ Dual Channel Please help me if you can nbsp

A:Gaming problem on Windows XP

Can you state why you have to keep restarting Crysis & Silent Hill?

Do you have an application that measures how much RAM you are using? While you are playing a game, minimize it and have a look at your RAM usage. if it is well close to 1GB or even using 100%, that could explain FPS drop, as well as CPU usage. The 8600GT is a mid-range card, especially for something like Crysis. I used to have the 8600GT - 512mb and it worked fine with Crysis on low-medium settings.

If you get sudden FPS drop & game crashes you should check your cooling. How much Power Supply wattage do you have? are your case fans in working order?

Hope this Helps, let me know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-problem-on-windows-xp.799449/
Relevancy 34.83%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions

Which Windows 10 edition should i upgrade to if i only use it for gaming,movies & songs? (Origins,Steam,GOG,MP3/4)

Windows 10 Home N seems nice,less clutter,but do i need an edition with "Windows To Go" if i install it from USB? (Enterprise/Education)

Can i run Windows 10 & DirectX 12.1?

i3 4150 3.50GHz
8GB DDR3 1.6Ghz
H81M-E34
1TB SATA3 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM
R7 250 1GB 1.2Ghz (16:9,1600x900,60Hz)

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit,but i don't mind having to do clean install.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/69511-best-windows-10-edition-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello This is my very first posty here so please bear with me if I fail to supply all relevant information or otherwise write someting stupid - My system I use windows professional x which came preinstalled on my desktop computer purchased in november Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer MSI Model MS- I use Norton security The problem When I play games the computer sometimes gives me a blue screen stating that an error has occured and windows has to restart The computer then restarts automatically and asks me if I want to restart normally or using safe mode When and how often these crashes occur seems to vary It happens both when I play games like Skyrim and the Whitcher II over Steam and when my kids play some arcade game papa's cupcaceria I have not experienced this outside of gaming I have tried to attach the proposed zipfile Hope somone is able to help me Best regards Marius

A:Windows 7 crashes while gaming

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)bug check.

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Code:

2: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffff880`091f69a8 fffff800`03488169 nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`091f69b0 fffff800`03487abc nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`091f6af0 fffff800`034b375d nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+0x7c
fffff880`091f6b30 fffff800`034b2535 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`091f6b60 fffff800`034c34c1 nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`091f7240 fffff800`03488242 nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`091f78e0 fffff800`03486dba nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`091f7ac0 fffff880`0792b3d8 nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
fffff880`091f7c50 00000000`00000000 RTKVHD64+0x24e3d8
RTKVHD64.sys is the Realtek High Definition Audio Function driver.

Ensure your Realtek drivers are up to date via the MSI website - MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-crashes-while-gaming-835658.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I was wondering does anyone know is it possible to modify windows safe mode to load video and sound drivers ?
I was thinking gaming performance might be a whole lot better if all the unneccessary windows drivers and services were not loaded in the first place, simalar to windows safe mode so the maximum amount of CPU power can be used for gaming.
I know you can turn of services in ms config etc but that would take so long to do every time.

A:Windows Mode for Gaming

What you're looking for can be achieved by downloading an application called Game Booster, or something similar to it. It will close unnecessary services and processes when you ask it to, then close to tray.I discovered it quite recently and have to say it seems pretty good.

Using the latest version of Kaspersky Anti-virus and the file is safe, here's a link to their website. And a link to Google results.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=game+booster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mode-for-gaming.872807/
Relevancy 34.83%

After I switched to Fedora Linux for everyday work I now use Windows for gaming and I was just wondering I have a retail to for upgrade I Should gaming? Windows 8 copy of Windows Professional and I want to know would it be worth upgrading to that from my current copy of Windows Professional when it will be only used for gaming Will there be any compatibility issues with the games I currently use in Win Also since I understand the retail copies of Windows are upgrade only will Should I upgrade to Windows 8 for gaming? I still have my files in tact after the upgrade I would backup my data anyway but it saves time if my files are still in tact after upgrading If Windows is fine for gaming and there are no driver issues with my laptop I would gladly upgrade from Windows but I see reviewers have mixed feelings when it comes to Windows and gaming some say its fine but adds a few extra steps to start games and others say it is a disaster Can anyone that actually games on Windows tell me if it is worth the upgrade or should I stick with Windows for my gaming needs Thanks

A:Should I upgrade to Windows 8 for gaming?

I'm not aware of any advantages to using Windows 8 for gaming. But for your laptop, you should go to the manufacturer's website and determine if they have the driver support necessary, and you can also check Windows Compatibility Center: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads for Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 7 if you have some specific games and/or apps in mind.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/19613-should-i-upgrade-windows-8-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys gals I'm having a pretty frustrating issue at the moment I fire up a game on my machine play it for anywhere between minutes to crashes 7 during gaming Windows a couple of hours and somewhere along the way my PC will crash What happens is the screen freezes whatever the last noise playing out of the speakers just keeps playing and by that I mean one non-stop droning noise at a certain pitch and all the USB devices switch off i originally thought the cause was my old HD so I upgraded to a HD but I'm still getting the same issue When i think about it hard I realise that it started within a month of me upgrading to a Gigabyte EP T-Extreme from my old ASUS P QL-E went from DDR to DDR Full system specs are Windows 7 crashes during gaming as follows CPU Q C Q GHz at stock speeds with Noctua NH-U P cooler Motherboard Gigabyte EP T-Extreme Rev RAM GB Corsair XMS MHz x GB sticks in dual interleaved GPU Sapphire HD GB at stock clockspeed Sound X-Fi Extreme Gamer PCI PSU Zalman ZM -HP w HDD TB WD mb cache primary TB Samsung Windows 7 crashes during gaming Spinpoint F x Seagate GB ODD Samsung DVD writer Case Lancool DragonLord PC-K On Windows 7 crashes during gaming a side note it can sit there playing p video and blaring music ripping DVDs and running complex photoshop actions on D models at the same time for days straight with no issues Rather frustrating Any help is most definitely appreciated

A:Windows 7 crashes during gaming

Please provide this information (I realize that you haven't mentioned anything about BSOD's - but we can get the info that we need from these reports): http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-crashes-during-gaming-500664.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I ll keep this Gaming 7 Windows Issues short and sweet I bought installed and re-installed Age of Empires AoK and Medival Total War with expansion pack and each time I have installed Windows 7 Gaming Issues them everything goes fine the first time I open the game Then once I close the game and try to open them again I get the little blue loading ring next to my cursor it s there for a few seconds then nothing happens There isn t even a process for the game running I have tried everything from every possible compatibility mode to scanning and defragging to stopping the explorer exe process Nothing makes a difference I have all the system requirements for both games and then some Anybody have any solutions Or even some suggestions that I haven t tried I m not a computer genious by any means but I can tinker around with computers rather efficiently and I can follow any instructions given they are detailed enough lol I just want my games to work nothing more nothing less Thanks for any and all help nbsp

A:Windows 7 Gaming Issues

you may need to talk to your manufacturer if it's a namebrand PC/laptop, or your motherboard producer if it's custom-built as there can be problems with Windows 7 which can be solved by upgrading your BIOS(apparently)
note: based on what I've read, you can cause serious problems by installing the wrong BIOS i.e. making your system unusable,
only install a BIOS "if your manufacturer tells you to" only.
I have Windows 7 which I had problems with (freezing applications and games not installing) hence I checked this up with my manufacturer, I have not received a reply yet so I'm not entirely sure if this is necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-gaming-issues.923258/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently tried to play Diablo II for Vista. It installed, updated and worked without a problem. Today, I'm getting Error 25 Cannot initialize Direct3D. Now I've noticed that my Windows Aero effect is not working either. I cannot initiate DirectDraw which previously worked. I've got an nVidia 8200. It came standard with the Acer X1200 Computer. I reinstalled DirectX 10 and also updated my graphics card to its newest version. Any idea why all of a sudden these effects have stopped working?

Side Note: My graphics card had a rating of 3.4, then I reran the test and now it's 3.0.
I'm kind of confused...

A:Windows Aero Plus Gaming

its nothing to do with aero theme, it does sound like a direct x problem though. Can you provide some more system specifications, in the meantime, can you access directx diagnostics? (type dxdiag in search box).

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/191178-windows-aero-plus-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

This is designed to improve throughput efficiency of data transmission Disabling nagling can help reduce latency ping in some games Nagle s algorithm is enabled in Windows by default I have been looking for ways to improve Gaming performance on games You will see in these steps below that your internet connection will increase If you do not like this setup you can all ways go back to default Gaming Windows Tweak 10 To implement this tweak modify the following registry keys HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces NIC-id For the NIC-id look for the one with your IP address listed Under this NIC-id key create the following DWORD value TcpAckFrequency and set it to Windows 10 Gaming Tweak to disable nagling for gaming TCPNoDelay and set it also to to disable nagling TcpDelAckTicks and set it to Note Some reports say that the tweaks did reduce latency when playing Dota and League of Legends but it doesn t work for some I have tried it and my latency improved from to ms SEA Server when playing Dota Network Throttling Index Windows implements a network throttling mechanism the idea behind such throttling is that processing of network packets can be a resource-intensive task It is beneficial to turn off such throttling for achieving maximum throughput To implement this tweak run regedit and modify the registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Multimedia SystemProfile Under SystemProfile create a DWORD value and name it to NetworkThrottlingIndex then set its Hexadecimal value to ffffffff for gaming and max throughput ffffffff completely disables throttling System Gaming Responsiveness Multimedia streaming and some games that uses Multimedia Class Scheduler service MMCSS can only utilize up to of the CPU The Multimedia Class Scheduler service MMCSS ensures prioritized access to CPU resources without denying CPU resources to lower-priority background applications To implement this tweak run regedit and modify the registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Multimedia SystemProfile From there create a new DWORD and name it to SystemResponsiveness set its hexadecimal value to for pure gaming streaming In the same Registry hive as the above tweak you can also change the priority of Games To implement this tweak go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Multimedia SystemProfile Tasks Games and change the following registry values GPU Priority change its values to for gaming Priority set to for gaming I hope this helps you guys I all so found out that if you do not have a SSD card you can deliver better performance off a big flash drive usb I have a HDD drive but i play all my games off my Flash drive stick nbsp

A:Windows 10 Gaming Tweak

References, links, benchmark results, please?

Better performance off a USB flash drive than an SSD, again, details, benchmarks, please?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-10-gaming-tweak.308601/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey I have the evaluation copy build of Windows installed on my computer While at school I'm hooked up wirelessly and don't notice any type of lag related to ping latency However when I came home this weekend and connected to our wireless network I get some strange lag WoW and CS source have both given me this problem What happens is I log into the game Almost instantly I can see that the game is unresponsive and will eventually disconnect me However if I alt tab out then back in I Windows online lag gaming 7 can see that the Windows 7 online gaming lag game followed any commands I gave it before alt tabbing as if it was catching up My internet doesn't lag so I know it's not a problem of signal lack of bandwidth It's also not the every- -seconds lag spike people talk about I'd like to note that Warcraft The Frozen Throne doesn't suffer from this problem I played games earlier on the ladder and it played fine I'm downloading a patch for the Aion open beta and I'll play it a bit and see if I notice anything different from when I was connected at school Thanks for any suggestions

A:Windows 7 online gaming lag

I think I figured it out..running as administrator worked for WoW, but I can't really run games in Steam as admin and running Steam as admin doesn't help. meh..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-online-gaming-lag-413574.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Basically I'm at a stalemate with myself. I know well about Vista's issues - but what I'm wondering is from a gaming point of view. I'm currently running Windows XP Professional SP2 (my Win7 disc is 64 bit only and won't run on this rig 'till I upgrade the CPU =( ) and essentially I'm wondering - is Vista any better for gaming? For the record, I've an ATi Radeon HD 4350 graphics card.

A:Windows XP to Vista - Better for gaming?

This board is not for support or advice running Windows Vista, hence the name Windows 7 Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95330-windows-xp-vista-better-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 34.83%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 34.83%

OK so sit down for this one it'll be a 10 Freezes/Crashes while Windows Gaming bit to read I built my own computer around probably a year ago and I got Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming the best stuff I personally could buy i Intel k CPU core ASrock Fatal ty z mobo Geforce TI graphics card GB of Ram Samsung GB SSD Seagate TB Harddrive Windows Pro Later Upgraded to Windows Pro Chassis fans for cooling You know gamer stuff I like playing video games on my computer Now I don't remember if this has always happened or not but certain games tend to freeze or my computer crashes I would love to give one Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming specific reason but both occur so I have to use both SO to explain further during games such as lets say League of Legends or recently Blade and Soul the game will freeze and usually it'll buzz If that doesn't happen I get the windows Blue screen which I know isn't actually fatal because it keeps letting me do say my homework or watch videos or whatever for extended periods The blue screen comes up for a multitude of reasons usually something about Windows 10 Freezes/Crashes while Gaming the kernel It seems to ONLY happen when I play video games and I just wanna play in peace for one I've been going at this for some time I've looked everywhere I can I've done so many things to check to fix it I've actually lost track of what I've tried What i remember trying for a fact are these At first I thought since it only happened when I game maybe it's my graphics card but it's basically brand new and it happens at specific times so I uninstalled all the drivers and re-installed that didn't do anything Next I tried checking all the drives and I downloaded driversupport to go through and update whatever drivers I could that were outdated that still didn't work So now I've come to looking at my event viewer my windows log and my applications in there to see event errors and I see a few which brought me to this site I don't know what you guys need to help me but tell me and I'll get you the info Just checked the BSOD topic attached are my zip folders from that nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp PERFMON report zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606563/windows-10-freezescrashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all for about a year I keep getting random BSODs ever since I installed Windows Ultimate bit I have tried to diagnose them but I'm really new to this and haven't managed to find out what's wrong Ever since I installed a new graphics card I keep getting quot black screens of death quot screen goes black then after about seconds the system reboots most of the time a minidump is created as well so maybe there are several problems involved Today I have dabbled a little with driver verifier as you will see in my dumps but to no avail After about BSODs today some due to driver verifier I give up The NOT ONLY x64 - WHEN Windows GAMING help! Please BSODs Random 7 interesting thing is These BSODs don't happen during gaming only in quot desktop mode quot I reckon if my hardware is busted I shouldn't be able to play hours in Windows 7 x64 Random BSODs ONLY WHEN NOT GAMING - Please help! a row with no problems whatsoever Many of the BSODs occured right after starting windows In fact when starting windows most of the Windows 7 x64 Random BSODs ONLY WHEN NOT GAMING - Please help! time I get a BSOD and my PC restarts and only then can I log in I haven't got all the Windows 7 x64 Random BSODs ONLY WHEN NOT GAMING - Please help! dumps for the entire year since I deleted most of them but I attached those I still have Please help me I'm really at my wit's end - Thanks

A:Windows 7 x64 Random BSODs ONLY WHEN NOT GAMING - Please help!

Quote: Originally Posted by Shodan

Hi all,

for about a year I keep getting random BSODs, ever since I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have tried to diagnose them, but I'm really new to this and haven't managed to find out what's wrong.

Ever since I installed a new graphics card, I keep getting "black screens of death" (screen goes black then after about 10 seconds the system reboots; most of the time, a minidump is created) as well, so maybe there are several problems involved.

Today, I have dabbled a little with driver verifier (as you will see in my dumps) but to no avail. After about 10 BSODs today (some due to driver verifier), I give up.

The interesting thing is: These BSODs don't happen during gaming, only in "desktop mode". I reckon if my hardware is busted, I shouldn't be able to play 10 hours in a row with no problems whatsoever.

Many of the BSODs occured right after starting windows. In fact, when starting windows, most of the time I get a BSOD and my PC restarts, and only then can I log in.

I haven't got all the dumps for the entire year since I deleted most of them, but I attached those I still have.

Please help me, I'm really at my wit's end! :-(

Thanks!

Several problems

1-sptd.sys used in daemon tools and alcohol. Huge cause of BSODD's

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

2- About half of these were caused by your video driver
Re-install it using these
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

3-memory. several pointed at memory. Run memtest to check yours.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

4-AVG sometimes causes BSOD's remove and replace with microsoft security essentials.

AVG - Download tools

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

5-hardware. If thes above dont rectify the situation read here.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Thanks
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146515-windows-7-x64-random-bsods-only-when-not-gaming-please-help.html
Relevancy 34.83%

This problem popped up for me a few weeks Consistently During/After Crashing Windows PC Gaming ago but I did not have the time or drive to address it at the time I ve been using another computer since then I ll start with my basic specs Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System x -based processor OS Windows Enterprise HD ST DM - CH ATA Device Driver Display ARI Radeon HD Series Driver While using or shortly after closing a moderate to high intensity program such as Left Dead or Diablo my computer would seem to crash The screen goes black before signaling it was Windows PC Crashing Consistently During/After Gaming turning off same as I would see when turning off my Windows PC Crashing Consistently During/After Gaming computer but not necessarily my monitor one of my fans on my computer increases in RPM I believe it is the graphics card before returning to normal speed All fans and lights in the case stay on all through the crash as well as after The computer then has to be powered off from the switch on the PSU Attempting to start the computer within a few minutes of the crash leads to repeated crashes even when booting off of a disk Windows install disk for example The last log in the Administrative Events from the last crash has the following information Log Name System Source Kernel-Power Event ID Level Critical User SYSTEM OpCode Info Logged PM Task Category Keywords Computer Computer s Name I ran an pass extended memory test which found no issues Additionally I attempted to run a defrag on my harddrive which Defraggler said was fragmented A quick defrag yielded no apparent change and a full defrag took two days with no end in sight it did seem to be make some progress but it was still at when I got back to it Last crash observations When it crashed the activity light on the monitor was showing high activity After that stopped one of the fans I think it s the PSU seems to randomly spin up in a few short quot pulses quot raising to a high rate before dropping down again Over a minute period or so the rate at which it quot pulsed quot went down - short pulses initially over the first s or so before going down to slightly longer pulses at longer intervals I don t know if this is important but initially when it began happening I was able to play Diablo without issue it first popped up in the middle of a session after some downtime When I went into a dungeon after a short rest I saw the first crash of this type Later in the same week I was able to play for a full two hours only crashing after I had quit and attempted to open Firefox Please let me know if there is any information you need and I ll try to get it to you I posted about this yesterday on a subreddit with little useful feedback nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-pc-crashing-consistently-during-after-gaming.1158364/
Relevancy 34.83%

Im new to the gaming scene and not very good at it....but I hve a windows 8 computer (not touchscreen) (have touch mouse) and it has.. xbox games and also windows games...I tried playing these games and they don't seem to work with just the touch mouse...do I need a gaming mouse? downloaded Six Guns on xbox games cant move the guy forward or backwards to well...do you need a special controller for xbox games?...And the windows games same issue there's arrows on the screen to muse left or right but it just doesn't work that well with a touch mouse.

Any suggestions would be welcome...thank you

A:Gaming mouse...and windows 8 games?

For games that use mouse, any mouse would do it. There are some "gaming" mice but they are nothing "special", just robust, fast, mice with higher resolution that can come handy with other programs too and maybe few extra buttons.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/41837-gaming-mouse-windows-8-games.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello I am really struggling with blue screens when gaming havy games these days. After maybe an hour of gaming, a bluescreen comes up. The bluescreen says: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or something like that. When the pc has restarted, I usually get another bluescreen right after startup. It restarts again, and after that, everything works as normal. I have tried prime95, just to check my cpu temps. But when the test starts, I instantly get another bluescreen saying: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Is it something wrong with my hardware? I dont know what to do Please help

A:Blue screen during gaming on windows 10

Was it a 0x0000001E error code?

Usually is the result of defective hardware or driver conflict.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128712-blue-screen-during-gaming-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

It happens from time to time but it's really annoying. I don't wanna mess with system settings but god I have to disable something or rollback to Windows 8.1 . My system is brand new and I left it alone the first 2 days so it could update and don't bother me but still it happens.

So that's it guys. What would you recommend me to disable? I have noted that "Content delivery optimization" use a lot of bandwidth while on fullscreen. If I remember well that's the live tiles feed update for start menu.

A:Windows using network while gaming online

For starters turn off sharing Windows Updates, it should not be sharing when PC is active, but just to be sure.

Windows Update - Choose how you Download in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Another possibility, turn off auto-updating apps, but you will have to update them manually then.

Store Update Apps Automatically - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61364-windows-using-network-while-gaming-online.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Alienware x51
My specs are below
- It came with Windows 8.1 but i switched the hard drive so now i have [U]Windows 7 x64[U]
-16 GBs DDR3 ram
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 1GB graphics
-1TB hard drive

When ever I move a window it lags.
It feels like the fps is low. But the computer still runs games very well!
Please Help

A:Windows 7 Aero lag on a GAMING computer

Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidice

but i switched the hard drive so now i have [U]Windows 7 x64[U]

Did the Windows 7 HDD come from a different computer, or was it a fresh install ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/332002-windows-7-aero-lag-gaming-computer.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys,
Lately my computer will often freeze mid game, my screen will go black for a few seconds then slowly turn back on. This is happening to all of my games and not just the high end ones. I'm guessing it has something to do with my graphics card, but I'm no expert. I do have a new graphics card on the way regardless.

Any suggestions at this point would be amazing! Thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6120 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 10029 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7450, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 931918 MB, Free - 561502 MB; D: Total - 20242 MB, Free - 2531 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte, 2AC8

Relevancy 34.83%

Hey all not quite sure where else to post this Since upgrading to Windows from I've had nothing but problems while gaming Games that used to run at FPS now run at performance Windows Poor on while 10 gaming - I experience constant stuttering and frame drops on even the lowest graphic settings Games that I have the most problems with are Battlefield and Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10 Arma I have tried a clean install of Windows clean booting before starting gamescomplete uninstall of display drivers using Display Driver Uninstallerreinstall of display drivers using AMD's autodetect toolreinstall of display drivers using manually downloaded driversrunning quot SFC scannow Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10 quot which initially said that it could not repair corrupted filesrunning DISM with a source from a mounted Windows ISO downloaded from TechBench which successfully allowed SFC to run without error I am out of options and am running out of hope for Windows I'm thinking if I can't get this fixed I will have to downgrade to My current display driver is Crimson Does anyone have any other options I can try to make my rig perform at a Windows level If more information is needed don't hesitate to ask and I'll provide Thanks in advance

A:Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

I'm not convinced it's Windows 10 causing your issue, if anything I've gotten improved FPS with Windows 10 .. so have you checked your temps? let's make sure overheating isn't the case here.. are you running the game on an HDD or SSD? have you checked your hard drive to ensure it's health hasn't suddenly dropped? there can be many reasons this is happening..

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/56779-poor-performance-while-gaming-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints about internet access before. In searching forums I read that Window 10 has issues with data packet loss, excessive lag, etc. I went back to Windows 7 and this fixed the lag issue with Guild Wars 2 and Web Pages load instantly again, so I know Windows 10 was causing the problem.

How could Microsoft screw this up?

Does anyone know if this has been fixed and if Windows 10 is safe for online gaming yet?

A:Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

I game online all the time with Windows 10 and haven't experienced those issues. Did you try reinstalling your ethernet or wifi drivers after you upgraded to 10? Any time I upgrade an OS, I tend to reinstall my networking drivers, GPU drivers and sound drivers, because they can occasionally become corrupted during the upgrade install.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/38039-windows-10-causing-lag-online-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I run a triple monitor setup and in windows 7 i was able to be playing a game on my center monitor while screen capturing streaming video on the other with camtasia without any lag at all. Now in windows 8 when i do the same my fps is instantly cut in half in the game. The only time i had something similar happen in 7 was with aero on and it still wasn't anywhere near this big of a fps drop. I have all up to date drivers and an identical setup to what i was running in 7. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

A:Windows 8 bad FPS while screen recording/gaming

Hello and welcome!

Do you have the latest version of Camtasia installed?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/25855-windows-8-bad-fps-while-screen-recording-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi All,
I am setting up the following spec to for gaming on windows seven, I have had this running in the past but due to problems running Left for Dead 2 I have had to format the machine.
(for info the problem was during online play the my character would freeze screen would flicker and I wouldnt be able to move abr spin on the spot and unable to shoot etc, this was apparently a DOS against me, never got to the bottom of it though)

AMD 635 X4
Gigabyte 785GMT M/Board
4gb Memory
1.5TB boot
Nvidia 460gtx

How do you guys reccomend setting this up anything I really need to do in any order (Bar windows install (offline from interent) then comodo (then attached to internet) then drivers etc)

also how can i prevent people at elast trying to distrupt my game play?
D

A:Setting up windows 7 machine - gaming

Hi can you fill in a few small gaps like how are you connecting to the net modem,dsl router,cable router,is it comodo firewall then which antivirus will you use

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/setting-up-windows-7-machine-gaming-609815.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi there,

I installed Win7 RC 7100 on my gaming rig a couple of months ago. All was well until I got to the Logitech Gaming drivers for my Rumblepad 2 and Force Feedback Racing Wheel. Using Vista x64 drivers my system crashed repeatedly (cant recall exact error message)

The logitech website says that most Vista drivers will not have any issues with Win7, however I am a little apprehensive about reformatting if the problem occurs again.

My questions are:

1. Is anybody else having the same probs?
2. Is there a solution to this?(apart from not installing Win7)

I really liked the the look and feel of Win7 however not being able to use game controllers on my gaming rig sort of defeats the purpose.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 & Logitech Gaming Drivers

hunuok
did you install the vista driver in compatibility mode?

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/25707-windows-7-logitech-gaming-drivers.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Anyone have/recommend a best-practices tutorial on how to best setup Windows 10 for high performance gaming?

I have one to suggest though I have not used these tweaks long enough yet to say if all are recommended. Don't know the guy that made this but many of the settings I was familiar with. At least it is fairly clear.

A:Tweaks & Tune For Windows 10 Gaming

I suggest you use Razer Cortex. It turns off things you don't need while you game and when you're done, it re-enables them automatically on the fly.

Not only that but it has quite alot of extra features aimed at gamers, like recording, snapshots, save game backup/restore and a deal finder.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/36932-tweaks-tune-windows-10-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm geting blue screen while playing games.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 79899 MB, Free - 23532 MB; D: Total - 530477 MB, Free - 203140 MB;
Motherboard: , ALiveNF5SLI-1394, ,
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys

I have an aging PC and have been playing console games for the past few years, with the exception of WoW (which runs fine on low-medium settings on xp) I've now decided to play SW - The Old Republic and have recently upgraded to windows 7, which OS would be better for my PC?

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.0 GHz

4 GB RAM

ATI RADEON HD 3650

and no I can't buy a new PC :(

on a sidenote a friend suggested regardless of which OS i choose, i should get a decent/custom extra cooling system for the graphics card/processor when its running games, would that make a difference.

Thanks

A:Windows XP or 7 for gaming and general performance?

While keeping the components cool is important the age of the components is really the limiting factor. If the games you play run on XP, the system would perform better using a light weight OS. Some games require Windows 7 but most run on XP. XP is less secure than Windows 7 so that may be a factor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-or-7-for-gaming-and-general-performance-692982.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I was wondering if windows vista business would be any good for gaming (flightsims) or would I be better with home basic or XP? If I was getting windows bussiness would I be better with 32bit or x64?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/293779-windows-vista-business-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have Windows 7 Build 7100 and it runs great, but I want to install Windows XP for better gaming performance.
Do I need to reinstall my games for use with Windows XP? I don't know, I never ran two operating systems before

A:Install Windows XP in addition, just for gaming

Hi extremepilot, welcome to the forums.

I've not dual booted before either, although i'm gonna try it soon . You would, however, need to re-install all your games for XP as the OS architecture is completely different (even if you installed some with compatability mode).

Hope this helps

Jeff

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10735-install-windows-xp-addition-just-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello everyone. I am have some strange issues with my gaming computer.
This computer was running 100% stable for about 3-4 months. However, about 5 days ago I decided to upgrade my nvidia drivers to the newest version. That's when my computer (while gaming) would completely freeze and force me to press the reset button. I get no error messages.
Sometimes while restarting it would ask to start windows normally or in safe mode, the usual.

I recently re-installed my operating system and put on the older stable drivers. However, I am still getting the issues.
Here are the specs:
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
nvidia 480GTX
ocz ddr3 sli gaming ram (4gigs)
Intel Q9550 @2.83

Running Avast! free antivirus
Windows defender is disabled
nvidia drivers: 257.21

Games are (on steam)
Counter strike source
Team fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2

I appreciate any replies!
Thanks,
-Brian

A:Windows 7 Freezes [not a bsod] while gaming

what power supply

brand
model
wattage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-freezes-not-a-bsod-while-gaming-520932.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have recently had my laptop crash numerous times. This has happened while using VLC, playing games like FIFA 16, GTA V and Withcer 3. The errors that I have received:
Video scheduler internal error (most common in games)
Critical process died (most common in vlc)
There are other erros as well, but I do not seem to recal them. I am including several crash dump files that I have collected with BlueScreenView, but they do not seem to include all the crashes, including the two I mentioned
I have multiple times tried reinstalling the Nvidia and Intel drivers, as well as using different versions of them.
My laptop is Dell XPS 15, with 16GB RAM/512GB SSD/FHD screen.
Hope someone will have any insight.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54033-repeat-windows-10-bsod-while-gaming-using-vlc.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello there

I hope this post is in the right sub-forum.

I recently built my own gaming rig and have noticed its performance is slow, much slower than it should be, given the components. My old rig seems to outperform it in every way! When I say slow, I mean basic navigation through Windows has noticeable delays/lag, and I experience lackluster FPS when playing games it should be able to handle without breaking a sweat.

My setup:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i5-3330
GPU: Geforce GTX 680 (SOC) 2GB (Gigabyte)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 mhz (Corsair)
PSU: Corsair HX-650 (650w)
Boot disk: Samsung 840 series 250gb SSD

Windows is up to date. My drivers are up to date (when right clicking and trying to update through Device Manager). I don't know what else I can do to optimise the system further.

I attach my DxDiag should that be of any assistance.

Thank you kindly,
Adam H

A:Sluggish performance in new gaming rig (Windows 7 64-bit), please help

Very nice system. On a new system the first thing I would check is the temps. If by chance the system is throttling back because of temps. Double check and make sure every thing is hooked up properly. Example: Cooling fans working properly, cpu and cpu cooler mounted properly.

To put it in a simple way. One must know the temps of a new build to make sure one hasn't made a toaster by mistake. From there you can continue looking for the problems safely.
What cpu cooler are you using?

Thank you for joining the Forum; Welcome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/291356-sluggish-performance-new-gaming-rig-windows-7-64-bit-please-help.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi. My name is misty. I just bought a pc that has windows vista on it. I have a hp pavilion slimline. My problem is that online games runescape and pogo are no longer working. i can get runescape to pull up and play but it lags really bad and pogo will not let us play but one game. it refuses to let us open any other games. i need some serious help. this windows vista has beaten me and its becoming more of a problem than a blessing. please help

Relevancy 34.83%

My Lenovo IdeaCentre has been working great with my games. World of Warcraft, Steam Games, and Oblivion. Just one problem. When I play games, and games only, the regular controls do not work. I need to use the arrow keys because the letters on the keyboard do not work. If I go on game chat and try to type something in, it gives me numbers. Its not the same numbers either, because when I hold a letter key in game chat it types 1234567890... and keeps that sequence even if I change to another letter. Ive tried downloading updates for my keyboard and I have even bought new keyboards but it keeps doing the same thing. ONLY DURING GAMING. It works fine when I am on the internet and doing anything that is not gaming. Ive reset my games and reinstalled them and put defaults on but the problem persists.PLEASE HELP

A:**Windows 7 keyboard error only when gaming** NEED HELP

Hello and welcome to TSF,
sorry for the delay, but it seems your problem is not familiar
first you should check your PC manufacturer website for any updates for your keyboard if there are any
if you don't know how, just write here your full PC name and we'll see if we can find something

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/windows-7-keyboard-error-only-when-gaming-need-help-569120.html
Relevancy 34.4%

So my problem is that i get black screen if I play higher graphic needed games

I can play for example leauge of legends . but i cant play dota 2 , grid 2 , bf 4 stuff like that

Anyone knows what to do?

And it goes black screen if i have been playing like 5-7min . It doesn't go instantly.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate black screen while gaming

Do these games work at all or is the black screen after playing for a period of time
I would check temperatures of system and gfx in particular and if they are ok try a gfx test program to see if you have any issues eg Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Check your gfx drivers are up to date also

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353802-windows-7-ultimate-black-screen-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.4%

does windows 10 download updates while gaming online ? i searched but could not find an answer. I already switched off the peer to peer updates and changed updates to notify. but it sometime feels like i'm getting more lag at times compared to win 8 on the same game servers?
Does anyone know for sure that win 10 pauses downloading updates when a game is running?
I've asked support but support seems to be avoiding the question.

I know the scheduled update time is 2:30 am from a helpful insider, But most people dont leave their pc on all night. If i turn on my pc and start netfix or online gaming and there is an update due, will it start downloading while i'm trying to play or stream so i know win 10 isnt suitable for all gamers and i can go back to win 7 or 8 until they fix it?

A:windows downloading updates while gaming/streaming?

I find this frustrating too , loosing control of my PC and making gaming a problem at times ! well , I suspect it ...

Please make it possible to disable updates when I am gaming , why can't I manually check every day like I would with W7 and W8.1 . It should just check for updates when the PC is started or at a time we set and if that time is missed it could be forced to check the next day . I could live with that but not while I am gaming , why can't Quiet Hours also turn off any updating so my system can run optimally when in heavy use ?

Please

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/21451-windows-downloading-updates-while-gaming-streaming.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone I am back...

I got a problem here about playing online when I playing on my pc suddenly it shutdown by itself I don't know whats the problem, it happened after I successfully download the game supported apps and trying to play the game a second later my pc was suddenly shutting down by itself but never when I don't play the game, I think there is something wrong with the game or the app I had downloaded please help me to sort this one out any comment will be appreciated thank you and FYI below is my pc spec and the game itself :

Toshiba notebook Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit SP2
Processor Intel Core Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz x 2
RAM 2 GB
Game The Lost Titan

maybe thats enough thanks everyone

A:Online Gaming problem (Windows Shutting down by itself)

I was unsuccessful trying to find some system requirements for Lost Titans. All I could find is that it is 3D and optimized for the Chrome Browser. I don't think you have 3D capabilities. You could try running it in Chrome. In my opinion, I don't think your system is capable of playing this game (but I could be wrong).

Just wondering, how much free hard drive space do you have?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/300126-online-gaming-problem-windows-shutting-down-itself.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Currently, I'm trying to play some of the various games I have. One in particular is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The issue is it keeps opening up on the second monitor off to my right. Even though I have the one sitting in front of me designated the 'Primary'.

Can't run the game in windowed mode as it doesn't actually support it, even though there is a field for 'Fullscreen' in the default.cfg

Anyone else having this sort of issue?

Note: This game was installed using Steam

A:[Issue] Windows 8 on Dual Monitor & Gaming

Unplug your second monitor and start the game, it will start on the primary and start there again when you re connect your second monitor

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/13673-issue-windows-8-dual-monitor-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I keep getting BSOD at random times on Win 7 x64 . My Rig is mostly used for Gaming . Sometimes it runs fine for more than 6 hours / day . Sometimes it get BSOD right away when start windows , and sometimes get BSOD suddenly while playing games such as Fifa 2012 . Most of the BSOD . I don't know what caused this . Cause i got this BSOD many times . And i checked my RAMs with memtest many times , no problems .
Heres my Minidumps

A:BOSD Win 7 x64 . Random While Gaming , or right on Windows Startup .

Hello B33thov3n,

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223477-bosd-win-7-x64-random-while-gaming-right-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok I don't know if tests! 64 BSOD Gaming - during 7 Windows But While stress Bit not I'm posting in the right section but here it goes I built a computer almost a month ago it's been nothing but problems First it wouldn't turn BSOD While Gaming But not during stress tests! - Windows 7 64 Bit on Found out that was because the jumper cap on the mobo came off and I lost it I took one out of an older computer and it turned on I found the one that came on the motherboard but I haven't swithed them Then I got everything installed so happy to finally play the PC version BF And minutes in to a game blue screen of death I was mad because I'm only now and I dumped all my money into this computer The STOP code was x e Blescreenview indicates that it was caused by ntoskrnl exe The bluescreen has happened in planetside call of duty world at war while loading a custom zombie map aand recently after a clean install of windows for the third time while redownloading bf It has never happened while playing minecraft even after playing for hours at a time All my drivers are up to date I'm almost certain and after almost a month of research all I've heard is that it's RAM or driver problems Well I replaced the RAM didn't change anything And I've reinstalled all my drivers multiple times Honestly now I'm desperate because I've tried everything I possibly could except replace everything in the computer Specs i k stock clocks cooled by an arctic cooling freezer EVGA GTX FTW Asus P Z -V LE PLUS MOBO GB Kingston HyperX Plug n Play RAM MHz v TB Seagate Barracuda RPM HDD Corsair TX V PSU Windows Home Premium -bit I also want to mention I tried using iGPU but when I booted with it the image was distorted and only x resolution and I couldn't change it I'll have the last DMP files posted here

A:BSOD While Gaming But not during stress tests! - Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi,

Moved to the proper forum.

All of the DMP files are of the
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) bugcheck.

A system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Windows stopped for an unexpected error. In some cases a device driver may be identified, but the issue might be be related to this driver. Throughout the DMP's we have mentions of memory_corruption.

I am doubting device drivers right now just by looking through your loaded drivers list, so let's instead start off with a Memtest for NO less than ~8 passes (several hours):

Memtest86+:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

FAQ : please read before posting

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-gaming-but-not-during-stress-tests-windows-7-64-bit-704977.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Guys, I desperately want to put windows 7 pro (64 bit) on this laptop - but it came with windows 10 home, obviously there are only drivers for windows 10 available on the HP driver download site - is there anywhere I can find windows 7 drivers for it? Thanks, Mark

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion 15-ak005na Gaming Laptop (Can I put Windows 7 on...

Thanks.  Now I can help you... Network Controller:  2nd driver on the left (64 bit). https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25835/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-?product=89450 Bluetooth driver for that card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Intel Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74755.exe PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller & ACPI\INT3400: This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp72106.exe PCI Device: This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones. File name: sp71365.exe PCI Simple Communications Controller: This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74844.exe ACPI\HPQ6007: This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object. File name: sp71811.exe ACPI\MSFT0101:  Run the hotfix from the link below... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2920188  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-15-ak005na-Gaming-Laptop-Can-I-put-Windows-7-on/td-p/5524537
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, I am posting here for help because I have been experiencing a number of blue screen crashes on my gaming desktop. It tends to happen when I run a game.

· Windows 7· x64· Original OS is Windows 7· OS is a full retail version· Age of system - 2014· Age of OS installation - 2014· CPU - AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition· Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series· MotherBoard - ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6GB/S
· Power Supply - XFX PRO 750W Core Edition· Desktop

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

A:Blue Screen on Windows 7 Gaming Desktop

Only 271 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Many, many BSOD's listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.Yet only 2 memory dumps in the uploaded reports.If you're using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting. Due to the number of different BSOD errors in the WER section, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program.Please note that I stated "video stuff", as some integrated processors may have the graphics chip built in (which may involve the chipset software).Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://www.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/668-ATI-video-cards-DRIVER-ONLY-installation-procedureIf the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install".  Reboot for changes to take affect.Sometimes the entry will remain in Device Manager even though you've removed it.  So, open up Device Manager and check for the AODDriver4.2.0 (it may have another number).  Right click on it and select "Uninstall".  If it asks to remove software, put a check in the box.  Then click on OK.Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's.  If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking. If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html Analysis:The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:**************************Fri Jul 15 12:32:27.661 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\071516-25740-01.dmp]Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64Built by: 7601.23418.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045System Uptime:0 days 0:47:22.753Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12 )BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800034a9572, fffff880009a9868, fffff880009a90c0}BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)Arguments:Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handledArg2: fffff800034a9572, The address that the exception occurred atArg3: fffff880009a9868, Exception Record AddressArg4: fffff880009a90c0, Context Record AddressPROCESS_NAME:  SystemBUGCHECK_STR:  0x7EDEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULTFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12  BIOS Version                  2301  BIOS Release Date    ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620039/blue-screen-on-windows-7-gaming-desktop/
Relevancy 34.4%

Lately I ve had even - 7 and Gaming x64 browsing BSOD Windows the Internet more of a Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet decline while playing World of Warcraft First it was Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet some fps issues which I never had a response to from Blizzard Now there s in game stuttering and freezing which results in a blue screen This mainly happens while playing World of Warcraft but has happened when browsing the Internet I m hoping it s Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet not a computer part related issue as I ve recently built this computer As far as I m aware all of my drivers are up to date and I cannot figure out the problem even after reinstalling the Nvidia driver I thought about just formatting my computer and seeing if that would fix the issue Of course that would be a last resort as I don t want to do that Here s some information as to my setup Operating System Windows CPU Type AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPU Speed GHz System Memory GB Video Card Model NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Card Driver nvd dum dll Desktop Resolution x Hard Disk Size GB Hard Disk Free Space GB I ve included the minidump files in a zip that I ve found in my minidump folder Thank you for any helpful information about my problem in advance Update I ran memtest on my two gig sticks of ram and one had a few errors on it while the other did not I currently only have the stick without errors in my computer and have yet to test it when playing World of Warcraft I guess it probably was a faulty stick from Newegg I m not certain though nbsp

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD - Gaming and browsing the Internet

How is your system today with only one stick? Have you tried WoW with only this stick installed?

Very nice processor by the way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-x64-bsod-gaming-and-browsing-the-internet.159061/
Relevancy 34.4%

I've recently built a pc using Core i T ghz GB DDR Ram Radeon HD xfx Firepower OCZ w modular PSU Tx coolermaster cpu heatsink Gigabyte H M-HD motherboard Windows Samsung GB SSD I have updated the drivers to all of my devices The problem is when I am watching a video or playing a game it will sometime freeze causing the sound to loop over and over eventually I will have to restart the machine It is not the graphics card because I tried my computer without it using the integrated Intel graphics and the problem gaming while 8.1 video watching freezing or Windows seems to happen even more I Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming ran a memory test and found no errors for my RAM The only thing I can think of is that it might be a CPU motherboard or power supply issue However I have no way to diagnose this and I cannot afford to take it to a computer shop to have them test my stuff because they charge a lot Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming of money Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming My components are not overheating as I am monitoring the temperature using HW monitor this used to happen sporadically if the computer was left to idle However it almost happens always if I am watching a video while playing a game Today it happened twice And without my AMD graphics card in my system using Intel HD graphics it happens even more The picture becomes garbled and distorted I cannot bring up the task manager everything is frozen forcing me to restart Do you have any clues Thank you so much

A:Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming

Hi Sunaj & Welcome to the forums ^_^,Kindly follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP file so that it could help us in diagnosing your problem faster -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583374/windows-81-freezing-while-watching-video-or-gaming/
Relevancy 34.4%

I like the built-in speakers of my Vizio TV well enough, but it's a hassle reaching behind the TV to plug in headphones and I wouldn't mind something a bit better, as far as volume levels go- I need to keep the sound low when using the speakers but must crank it up to use headphones.

My goal is 3 things-

1) good quality. Nothing tinny or quiet
2) an easy to reach headphone jack, Some speaker sets have a tiny hub with a jack
3) price. $25-$30 range, including shipping. Any higher than that and I can forget it. This means they should take a standard 3.5mm plug, I doubt I'll get a digital audio jack on something that cheap.

and a possible 4th goal- speakers that can be mounted on a wall. Mounting them above the TV along the wall would be the best spot.

A:shopping for TV/PC speakers for Windows, XBMC, gaming use

This is what I use on my PC, loved em so much put another set on old system, for backup on main when/they die, but 1 year and going strong.

Your price range....

They maybe 5 watts, but it's loud enough at 2/3+ for me, and it has a input for an MP3 player or other device up front as well + tone knob.

Logitech X-140 Speakers - Newegg.com

Only warning for you about them, they are not light, no wall mounting notch in back of them, so I'd put them on solid shelves or the tv stand, but very sturdy speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/295942-shopping-tv-pc-speakers-windows-xbmc-gaming-use.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi this is my first post,
I have bought my pc not longer than 1 month
Recently, when I was playing game (Warframe)
I got the BsoD error.
I have updated all the System Specifications on my profile too

Here is the original dump file
Hope someone can help me find out what is the issue causing this error
appreciate for all the helps

A:BSOD while gaming Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bits

The BSOD you have indicates a page fault in a non paged area. The usual causes are defective hardware, normally RAM. Sometimes it is driver related however the driver responsible cannot be identified.

I would strongly recommend running memtest86 to scan for errors.
Follow these instructions on how to run memtest.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326119-bsod-while-gaming-windows-7-ultimate-x64-bits.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey all,
I've labored over this for some time, and still couldn't find a solution. Ever since I've installed Windows 8, after reinstalling steam and all of my games, they haven't been able to run. I'll launch the games, and they will run in the background but not display themselves. I've never connected this laptop to any other display, and am running DirectX11 with an Nvidia GeForce GT 555M graphics card.
Does anyone know anything about this? I would really appreciate the help.
Cheers,
DCook18

A:Windows 8 Gaming Problems with Steam Games

I have steam installed and few games, showing no issues with them, have Win 8.1 Pro. What do you mean by running in back round, hear sound and no picture ? Some games require Microsoft Visual C ++ different dated version, plus some need DirectX 9c. Within Steam in library, right click game select Properties ,local files then verify integrity of game cache. Also check steam support, make sure graphics card has latest drivers and can also try to reinstall the games.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/67134-windows-8-gaming-problems-steam-games.html
Relevancy 34.4%

It is worth mentioning that this is my first post so please be gentle LOL Ok here is what is happening My computer is locking up every time I am playing a game or watching video up video gaming XP Windows watching or While locking System specs Windows Xp home edition service pack Emachines with intel celeron ghz GB of ram Here is what I have done I thought originally that there was just too much junk on my computer for it to run properly so I reformatted That was after running Norton of course I have had this computer for quite awhile so this is something I have done in the past for various things successfully maybe not the best way but Windows XP locking up While gaming or watching video it worked This time around I thought it fixed the problem so I continued to update windows and norton Then watched a movie streamed from my netflix account It worked fine then when trying to play a game again it locked up With the video after that Windows XP locking up While gaming or watching video was Windows XP locking up While gaming or watching video the same story With advice and a little guidance from a friend who knows much more about computers than I ever will we swapped out the RAM with some other he just happened to have He assured me that they were good and I have no reason to doubt him Also I am fairly certain that it is not overheating Nothing feels hot to the touch and is clean I also tried running a game with the panel off and a big box fan blowing inside just to be certain With each step I have taken the problem seems to get better but ultimately still locks up after about ten minutes or so I have not installed any new hardware or video sound cards since this problem started occurring Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

A:Windows XP locking up While gaming or watching video

Hi Rarnwi and welcome to TSF !

What's the exact model of the emachine and the complete system specs (video card, number and type of drives, additional pci cards, ...) ? What's the brand, model and wattage of the power supply (look on the sticker on the side of the power supply box) ?

Enter the BIOS at startup (look for some "press xx to enter setup" message) and see if there's some hardware monitor screen or pc health status screen. If so report your temps, fan speeds and voltages. Since it's an Emachine it's possible there's no such screen.

Make sure all the fans are spinning properly and aren't clogged by dust, check the CPU, video card and power supply.

A computer shutting down after some time when playing or watching videos usually points to overheating (either the CPU or the video card) or a failing/underpowered power supply. See if you can borrow a friend's power supply to try your computer with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-locking-up-while-gaming-or-watching-video-379308.html
Relevancy 34.4%

To anyone able to help A month ago I bought a reasonably high-end gaming PC with the following setup - Gigabyte G Sniper motherboard with integrated network card and Creative Labs X-Fi sound card 64-bit) PC (Windows (daily) 7 0x000000F4 gaming BSOD's on - SilverStone ST W PSU - x EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX set up in SLI - Gb DDR RAM Kingston - Intel Core i - K CPU GHz - Cooler Master V CPU 0x000000F4 BSOD's (daily) on gaming PC (Windows 7 64-bit) Cooler - x Corsair Force SSD Mb set up in RAID Stripe - LiteOn Blu-Ray DVD Burner Reader Drive - Windows Ultimate -bit OS DVD already included 0x000000F4 BSOD's (daily) on gaming PC (Windows 7 64-bit) Service Pack - Windows Office Home and Business - An old Dell PS keyboard from my previous PC - An old Dell USB mouse from my previous PC The problem I face is as follows - At random times and intervals my PC will lock up sometimes play sound in an infinite loop and crash shortly thereafter through a BSOD roughly - times a day - I tried disabling programs and pinpointing whether it was a specific program that caused the crashes but ultimately the crashes occur under different program combinations and don t seem to be related to any of the programs listed above not sure though - Even though I have set up Windows to make a minidump file it has only created an actual file ONCE which leads me to believe it may not be related to the regular BSOD s - I did manage to take snapshots of the BSOD on several occasions though - Rebooting the PC - times will get me back in through Start Windows normally without any problems - I ve run chkdsk no issues and I created a new pagefile as per Julio s instructions - Even the techs at the store I bought the PC from aren t sure where the problem is coming from They say they ve tested all the hardware components though which is why I didn t run the memtest program don t want to start fiddling with components either if I can avoid it see below - Finally I m a newbie concerning hardware and software so some further explanation might be requested BSOD Stop Code x F BCP s - have been on the BSOD s I managed to snapshot x xFFFFFA DF F xFFFFFA DF AD xFFFFF B C B or x xFFFFFA EF xFFFFFA EF xFFFFF B B or x xFFFFFA E xFFFFFA E xFFFFF BD B or x xFFFFFA DFC xFFFFFA DFC xFFFFF BE B Background Programs running while crashes occur - AVG Internet Security - Creative Labs Volume Control Screen - Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID monitor - NVIDIA Settings Other Programs sometimes running when crashes occur - Internet Explorer - MediaPLayer Home Cinema - Teamspeak - World of Tanks Game - Battlefield Game I provided the one single dmp file I managed to get so far in a zip file below Also I can provide anyone willing to help with screenies of the BSOD s I managed to capture Any help would be much appreciated Thank you kindly David nbsp

A:0x000000F4 BSOD's (daily) on gaming PC (Windows 7 64-bit)

The combination of SLI and SSD's may be an issue here. The minidumps are rather vague... MSFS and RDPBUS.SYS. Have you checked the memory. It is probably okay but a voltage or timing adjustment may be needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/0x000000f4-bsods-daily-on-gaming-pc-windows-7-64-bit.176161/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi There,
I have a problem with loading windows vista.It runs ok gets to the end and starts again.Could it the harddrive,bios setting ran out of ideas.Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-moved-from-gaming-forum-225177.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Just wondering whether upgrading to 2000 would be a good idea. I like gaming and tweaking, but don't want to suffer any performance decreases by upgrading. I currently have Win98.

PS- Is it better to upgrade from 98 to 2000 or to format and just install 2000?

------------------
NormanSmiley
My Page
Get paid to surf the net!

A:{Advice offered} - Windows 2000 and Gaming

I'm running 2000 on a seperate partition with dual-boot capabilities between it and Win98. I wouldn't recommend replacing your Win98 with it, as there are still too many programs and devices out there that won't run in Win2K, yet. Check the <A href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/upgrade/default.asp">MS WIN2K Upgrade</a> site for more info, and a compatibility check that will tell you what you currently have that won't work with 2K.

A large majority of the games will work fine in 2K, but I've read of some that won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-windows-2000-and-gaming.28282/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I currently have an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT graphics card, it it works pretty well for the games I play. However, Sonic Generations (a game I purchased through a Steam game sale), runs slowly and gets anywhere from 18-11 frames per second. Even on it's lowest quality settings and lowest resolution (720 x 480 @ 29Hz) it's still a tad slow.

Any suggestions on an upgrade? I have a budget...I mean, I'm a college student, after all...

A:Decent Graphics Card for Gaming on Windows 8?

Two things:

You might get more responses if you gave a budget for the card.

Your 300W power supply is a bit weak for most significant upgrades. For example, Sapphire (www.sapphiretech.com) requires a 400W PSU for their cards that don't use any auxiliary PCI-E power connectors. If you need to swap the PSU, stay with the respected manufacturers (Antec, Corsair, Seasonic are usually recommended, but there are others.)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/17634-decent-graphics-card-gaming-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello My problem is a kernel-power report during gaming When the problem occurs there is a crash and the sound is fully corrupted The computer is not responding and I have to Kernel-Power during gaming! 41 7 Windows task 63 id reboot it feom the power button This problem had happened some times before but the only difference was that i used razer game booster So i decided not to use this programm with that game and for some days the problem seemed to dissapear but today the problem showed up Windows 7 Kernel-Power id 41 task 63 during gaming! with this report lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - Windows 7 Kernel-Power id 41 task 63 during gaming! - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Bradner-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt All these days about weeks everything else is going great Have you any ideas how can i solve the problem My pc is freshly upgraded psu gpu Also i would like to add that this problem is not reported every gaming time only sometimes Thank you

A:Windows 7 Kernel-Power id 41 task 63 during gaming!

Hello Bradner and welcome to SF .

That is not a BSOD and it is not during gaming rather when you forcefully shutdown your PC
after it has entered a hung state (or any other time the PC is not being shutdown cleanly).

Are you overclocking anything?
Are you monitoring the temperatures?

Test for thermals and stability:
Download HWinfo and post a Screenshot of the sensors window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Note
It is not mandatory to run both tests simultaneously, although possible as long as the temperatures are under constant monitoring.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317938-windows-7-kernel-power-id-41-task-63-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys new to the forum and trying to solve a Gaming Windows During - Crashing with 7 Storage issue really odd problem I've got a build that has been running smoothly for a while and over the last month or two I've started getting random crashes during gaming It will either be Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming an audio-loop frozen screen or sometimes a brown screen that hangs for a minute then display driver crashed and it kicks back in after an alt-tab Here is the error I continuously get from Event Viewer I am trying to figure out how Intel Rapid Storage is affecting it I tried going to https downloadcenter intel com download Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver and updating my Rapid Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming Storage and it told me my system wasn't compatible with it I am pretty versed in building my own rigs and seldom have problems I can't solve I am starting to think this one is maybe hardware failing Faulting application name Windows 7 Crashing with Storage issue - During Gaming IAStorDataMgrSvc exe version time stamp x b f Faulting module name ISDI dll version time stamp x b b Exception code xc Fault offset x d f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d d a a f Faulting application path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology ISDI dll Report Id e a a- cc- e - -bc ff b c System info from DxDiag attached let me know what other info you need

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629824/windows-7-crashing-with-storage-issue-during-gaming/