Windows Support Forum

New Build specs, First time builder

Q: New Build specs, First time builder

So I was thinking and I decided that my current computer wasn t good enough for what specs, New time First Build builder games I was playing Then one of my friends gave me the idea to bulid my own gaming rig so here I am Here s my specs CPU i - k GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM New Build specs, First time builder Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard RAM Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Intel New Build specs, First time builder Series GB mSATA Solid State Disk Some Guides I ve seen recommend getting a SSD for your operating system to be stored on and a hard drive for all your files games e t c so I m not quite sure whether to go for that idea or just SSD Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Case Inwin GRone Gray ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master V W PLUS Gold Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS - DVD CD Writer Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Operating System Windows Eight bit Cost Is this setup good Please don t post any upgrades because my budget was to so im already over If anything is overkill let me know Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Build specs, First time builder

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New Build specs, First time builder

WOW, thats a nice build!

Although I gotta ask, what is it you do that would require the 4x8GB memory modules? Unless you are doing something spectacular, 2x8GB would probably be more than you need for a very long time.

Since you have chosen a mSATA SSD, I take it you have done your homework and know the motherboard supports mSATA. I had to double check to make sure you wasn't making a mistake. As for the 1 SSD option instead of 1SSD/1HDD, you can make that decision at a later date if you so choose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-specs-first-time-builder.194225/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi First of First specs Builder--trying time to the finalize all I d like to thank you for your help I really will appreciate First time Builder--trying to finalize the specs it I ve been getting help at an overclocking forum as well but i d like to see what you guys think I ll try to be to the point of what i want and need but i usually ramble and it is am which i m sure will aid my rambleness as it is now Basically I m looking for a cheaper PC that will be stable yet fast The PC will not be able to be overly loud because i do do some hobbyist recording acoustic and electric guitar and my some god awful vocals as well Currently I m running an old PIII MHz computer which is getting passed on from me so i won t be able to salvage anything from it except i might take out the sound card because i like it so much just a SB live value but to me it is great Initially I was trying to stay under for everything including the monitor but that is fading has faded away My current specs if purchased on newegg com seem to hit about for the computer only Without any further ado this is my current yet flexible specs Modem gotta love rural areas just thought it d be funny to post this first http secure newegg com app CustratingReview asp DEPA amp item - - Case WATT - PSII PSIII P ATX W A GPB Single fan http secure newegg com app CustratingReview asp DEPA amp item - - Mobile Athlon XP FSB K Cache amp OEM http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa ABIT nFORCE Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU Model quot NF quot -RETAIL http www newegg com app viewproduct asp DEPA amp submit Go amp description N E Video Card POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON Video Card MB DDR -bit DVI TV-Out X AGP Model quot R -C quot amp RETAIL http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa RAM stick X Buffalo Technology Pin MB DDR PC- - OEM http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa New Hard Drive - Western Digital Special Edition GB RPM IDE Hard Drive Model WD JB OEM Drive Only http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa amp section I ll probobly get a DVD CD-RW combo from lite on too I was going to get separate drives a DVD and a CD-RW for burning speed reasons then i realized that i m used to burning at X so even if i have to swap disks it ll seem jaw droppingly fast to me Basically I m wondering what you all are thinking about what i have so far Ohh i suppose i should mention that they convinced me as of right now to go with the mobile instead of my original CPU idea of a barton because the mobile can run just as good better actually when over clocked then the barton plus the mobile gives off less heat then the barton because of the lower voltages So I am thinking that i can overclock the mobile to specs conservative compared to the overclocking done on the other board for the mobiles while just using a quieter CPU fan someone on the other board offered me the stock AMD barton heatsink and fan for shipping Gaming isn t a huge issue i have mostly older games but i m sure if i find the money i d like to pick up a few new fangled ones probably when they are few fangled in the clearance rack though haha Most of the power i need is for emulation that requires a mostly CPU workout I m hoping that that system would run fairly quiet on this setup I would be willing to buy some extra fans too more are supported by the case if possible they d be quiet fans About the power supply thats kind of a gray area Website have been saying that this supply is average or decent I m hoping it would hold up since i don t plan to overclock the chip too much relatively speaking Some people on newegg have claimed to even overclock the barton to specs on the stock voltage so i hope i can do the same GRANTED that i can do it lol Because of course this is my first time building a PC let alone overclocking one I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined being a mechanical engineering student and having worked... Read more

Relevancy 84.71%

I would like to build a computer that is up to date and should not need any major upgrades for years. I'm not going to use it for gaming. I use it for personal use and home buisness uses. I want to be able to install software programs for years without have to upgrade any time soon.
Is there any problems with this? Is there anything else I will need? Id like to keep it at $1000 or below.
Here is my possible build: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=4915811&WishListTitle=home

Relevancy 84.71%

This is an update of a previous post. I took suggestions and change my build around. I would like to build a computer that is up to date and should not need any major upgrades for years. I'm not going to use it for heavy gaming (may not use it for gaming at all). I use it for personal use (home video editing, ect.) and home buisness uses. I want to be able to install software programs for years without having to upgrade any time soon.
Is there any problems with this? Is there anything else I will need? Id like to keep it at $1000 or below (some of the items on this list have mail-in-rebates which puts this below $1000).
Here is my possible build: https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=4915811&WishListTitle=home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-possible-build-for-first-time-builder-s.577069/
Relevancy 83.85%

New build: gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l rev2, evga 8800gts 512, e8400, corsair hx620w, gskill 2-2gb ddr-800, wdigital caviar se16 640gb, ac freezer 7 pro

I am hearing that this motherboard does not support the e8400, except with the newest bios update (rev 8a). I understand it is shipping with rev 7. I have also read from reviews at newegg that the board is recognizing the chip right out of the box.

Question: will the board refuse to post if the chip is not recognized, or would it post and say "chip not recognized" or some such?

Also: I do not have another, older lga 775 chip sitting around. Is it possible to update the bios some other way? Possibly contact gigabyte and have a new bios chip sent?

And: does anybody have a good suggestion as to what to do to troubleshoot short of completely disassembling the system?

Any advice is welcome

Relevancy 83.85%

I hooked everything up Push power and it starts to power up every fan inside starts spinning a green light turns on the motherboard an amber light on the motherboard is constantly on dvd light flashes the two led lights next problem! New (first time builder) build to the power button flash seconds later the system shuts off This happens consistently -MSI P N SLI Platinum LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel New build (first time builder) problem! Motherboard - COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UB Black Blue Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - New build (first time builder) problem! SAPPHIRE L Radeon X MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail -COOLER MASTER iGreen Power RS- -ASAA ATX Form Factor V V SSI standard EPS V V Watts Continuous Power Supply - Retail -Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E -Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G - Retail - Rosewill RCR- -in- USB Black Card Reader - New build (first time builder) problem! Retail - Western Digital Caviar SE WD KSRTL GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - Retail - Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop B T- RF Ergonomics - Retail -LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner with X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology Black E-IDE ATAPI Model LH- A H- - OEM nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I recently early September built my first PC and have been experiencing builder time new first Random BSODs, PC build, random BSODs since completion There seems to be no pattern or common Random BSODs, new PC build, first time builder occurrence that causes them I can be checking e-mail searching Google reading forums etc Sometimes they happen after hours of being online sometimes after only a few minutes They've happened without being online as well There are days when they don't happen and others where they happen several times I was originally only using MSE for antivirus though I went ahead and installed Bit Defender Total Security as well it hasn't helped My main uses Random BSODs, new PC build, first time builder for my system are internet surfing picture storage music playing and storage and music video playing downloading and storage Here's my system rundown Case Lian Li PC- NB with added C- optical drive bezel and additional front intake fan filter Rear case fan Cougar CF-V HPB Front case fan Cougar CF-V HP x PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP- MB Intel DZ GA- K CPU Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz CPU cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO with Prolimatech PRO-USV Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Hard Drive Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal SSD for operating system Hard Drive Western Digital WD FAEX Caviar Black TB SATA III for everything else Graphics card EVGA G-P - -KR - GeForce GTX Ti GB Super Clocked Sound card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD with THX SB Optical drive Asus DRW- B ST BLK B AS - X DVD Burner Operating system Microsoft Windows Professional -bit All parts were purchased new for the build I did have my processor overclocked to GHz via the Intel Extreme MB auto adjust when I first set up though I've since went to a basic bios setting with no overclocking or changes This has made no difference Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Random BSODs, new PC build, first time builder

Hello ImmortalOne.

We have checked two of your latest crash dumps, and both of them are caused by BitBefender.

Code:
fffff880`0d1b62a8 fffff880`0c12d0deUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\trufos.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for trufos.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for trufos.sys
trufos+0x300de
Description here: Driver Reference Table - trufos.sys

Code:
fffff880`14879750 fffff880`0135f12dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\gzflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for gzflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for gzflt.sys
gzflt+0x2412d
Description here: Driver Reference Table - gzflt.sys

You need to uninstall BitDefender. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also, there are some display related errors.

Code:
fffff880`148791c8 fffff880`05b5f3bfUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x3433bf
And the version of the driver is sometimes problematic.

Code:
fffff880`0581c000 fffff880`06313000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Sep 12 10:46:00 2013 (52314E10)
CheckSum: 00AC9E83
ImageSize: 00AF7000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials)
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. I guess that there may be some other issues, and some other actions may be required, but only after seeing the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310568-random-bsods-new-pc-build-first-time-builder.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am putting together a new build (first time builder). I purchased MSI P6N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail. The video card I purchased was SAPPHIRE 100172L Radeon X1550 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail. My question is whether these are compatible? The mother board says NVIDIA and the video card says ATI chipset.

A:New build video card help (1st time builder)?

Not to worry the card is quite compatible!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-video-card-help-1st-time-builder.600389/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am on a budget excluding the for vista -bit I am just about ready to purchase several parts to this Seeking Final First Time Critique on Builder Build PC but I needed some help with a few things first First I was just wondering is all of this hardware compatible and do I have everything I need for it to run smoothly Second I haven t yet decided on just a few of the parts that I need I don t know which video card I should get they are listed below but all of them seem pretty good yes I do realize First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build that both of the radeon cards are the same but one company might be better than the other who knows I am open to suggestion so if First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build you have one just post it Although if you do suggest a change or something of the sort please provide a link to where I can get the part SAMSUNG X DVD Burner Black SATA Model COOLER MASTER Centurion Black Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V Power Supply GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory XFX GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card OR SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card OR MSI R - M Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit English for System Builders pk DSP OEI DVD Also I am a first time builder I have done a few small changes such as RAM or a video card but nothing like this so if you can please post a link to a good guide that can help me put this thing together Thanks for your help nbsp

A:First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build

I'd recommend stepping down to this CPU and getting your motherboard from here. Also, step down to this PSU and use the remaining money to upgrade to a GTX 260 or the HD 4870. Both perform on par but the ATI card runs hotter, so if you're worried about whether or not your case is ventilated enough, the GTX 260 is for you.

For a good guide, check this one out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-seeking-critique-on-final-build.111055/
Relevancy 63.64%

Please provide builder Build from New new a feedback on the build New Build from a new builder below need to know if i am missing any parts not really sure what comes with what Also are there any conflicts as far as compatability with New Build from a new builder any of the parts i am pretty sure there arnt any but never hurt to ask others Below are a list of parts and prices all of which are from www newegg com except for the case Alienware P Barebones Kit - Silver You asked we listened We re giving PC enthusiasts a limited-time opportunity to purchase an Alienware P barebones kit featuring our highly popular P desktop chassis The barebones kit consists of a P extended ATX desktop chassis with standard Astral Blue lighting and a -watt power supply unit In addition to its striking design the case is packed with user-friendly features such as tool-less entry easy-access front-side I O ports and is designed for optimal airflow Thermaltake A mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail Model A Item N E MSI P N Diamond LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Model P N DIAMOND Item N E EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Model -P -N -AR Item N E Rosewill Silicon Image port SATA II PCI Express Host Adapter Model RC- RAID - Retail Model RC- Item N E Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail Model BX E Item N E X Patriot eXtreme Performance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC G LLK - Retail Model PDC G LLK Item N E x Seagate Barracuda ST AS Perpendicular Recording Technology GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Model ST AS Item N E CHIMEI CMV D-NBC Black quot ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Model CMV D-NBC Item N E LG Black E-IDE ATAPI DVD-ROM Multi Read Drive Model GDR- BK - OEM Model GDR- BK Item N E LG X DVD R DVD Burner with X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE ATAPI Model GSA-H NK - OEM Model GSA-H NK Item N E Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition w SP B - OEM Model M - Item N E NETGEAR WG T -bit PCI bus Super-G Wireless PCI Adapter - Retail Model WG TNA Item N E Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM Model ARCTIC SILVER Item N E ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro mm CPU Cooler - Retail Model ACFZ -PRO Item N E VIGOR HCC-S BK Aluminum quot interior hard disk radiator - Retail Model HCC-S BK Black Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I help needs builder First time just rebuilt an desktop and put together a new desktop This is the following info on em Rebuilt system An ECS MoBo L VXA P ghz Intel stock CPU fan PQI gb PC RAM Western Digital Caviar SE GB IDE Hard Drive Unknown type Nvidia Video Card Unknown type Sound Card PHILIPS PSC X Series I got this off someone so I can learn on That s all I can think off hand Newly Built System An ASUS MoBo Formula Maximus Quad Core Extreme QX Ghz ASUS V CPU fan gb PC RAM CORSAIR Dominator Western Digital gb Raptor Hard Drives MSI x Video Card Okay First time builder needs help now that s out of the way On the rebuilt system I have only the Windows XP PRO -BIT CD What do I need to get the system working Okay on the new system I have the Windows XP PRO -BIT Student Media Work At Home Media Maximus Series and the MSI Driver Cd s What else do I need to get it going If you need anymore info please ask for it I always could be missing something I very new at this I am a first time builder Also what do I load first nbsp

A:First time builder needs help

I don't understand what point you are at. To get the system working that is. Is it already build? Do you need help on how to build it?

Do you mean what other hardware do you need? A power supply, and a computer case (For the power button)

To get it working make sure all is correctly hooked up and is able to turn on. Go into the BIO's and make sure its all good then save and exit. Unless you already have an OS on the hard drive you will need to reformat your hard drive, so back into BIO's make sure the boot priority is through a CD first, save and exit. Insert the XP CD and reboot, when prompted to boot from a CD hit the "Any" key and follow through.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-needs-help.103770/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey I am interested in building my first computer and have been looking up parts. How does this build seem to look?

MB ASROCK X58 EXTREME 1366 RT

ASUS EAH5830 DIRECTCU/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750TX 750W RT

MEM 2Gx3|OCZ OCZ3P1600LV6GK R

DVD BURN SONY-NEC|AD-7241S-0B %

CASE ANTEC|NINE HUNDRED BK RT

HD 640G|WD WD6401AALS %

Intel Core i7-920

A:First time Builder... How does it look?

Hi whillow5. Are you trying to put together a gaming system?

I personally feel that you could opt for a more powerful GPU while compromising on the CPU + Mobo.

It would be nice if you could tell us your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-how-does-it-look.145343/
Relevancy 60.63%

Need some help from all you computer geniuses Basically my current computer PC time builder First is a pile of sh e with no upgrading capabilities and its current capabilities are way below par a HP XG due to this I want to attempt to build a new PC but as its the first time I need First time PC builder some advice and please don t anyone say that building a PC isn t for beginners because if it wasnt then no-one would ever have built one everyones got start somewhere So far Ive decided on the case A-Top X-Blade Ultimate Black With Watt Psu -Pci Express-Cable Manager Pin LCD Controller and thinking of getting the Athlon CPU and the Geforce ultra i need to know what sort of motherboard im going to need as I want to embrace luvly new bit technolodgy and dont want any older or slower parts ruining it Ill gladly take any advice and the PC is going to be mainly used for gaming as well as some basic desk top publishing Money isnt realy an issue because ive got no time limits therefore time to save up and evidently I can take think about parts that are being released immenently I live in the UK if that matters and would greatly appreciate some assistance nbsp

A:First time PC builder

rv13uk said:

Basically my current computer is a pile of sh**e with no upgrading capabilities and its current capabilities are way below par (a HP XG834), due to this I want to attempt to build a new PC but as its the first time I need some advice (and please don't anyone say that building a PC isn't for beginners because if it wasnt then no-one would ever have built one, everyones got 2 start somewhere). So far Ive decided on the case (A-Top X-Blade Ultimate Black With 580 Watt Psu -Pci Express-Cable Manager 20/24 Pin + LCD Controller) and thinking of getting the Athlon 64 CPU and the Geforce 6800 ultra, i need to know what sort of motherboard im going to need as I want to embrace luvly new 64 bit technolodgy and dont want any older or slower parts ruining it. Ill gladly take any advice and the PC is going to be mainly used for gaming as well as some basic desk top publishing. Money isnt realy an issue because ive got no time limits therefore time to save up (and evidently I can take think about parts that are being released immenently) I live in the UK if that matters and would greatly appreciate some assistance.Click to expand...

I've done this twice since '97 (yeah, I practically run the machines into the ground before I build a new one), but on my last 'shopping trip' one of the sites I found most helpful was http://www.tomshardware.com/index.html(Tom's Hardware Guide). They test just about every component you would use in a system build with more info than you may want. but they include performance and stability info on Boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-pc-builder.25676/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I am sure you guys get these types of threads all the time but I just recently bought all the computer parts for a new rig and it will be my first ever full build from scratch All I want to know is what all of you think whether it will work are all the parts builder!!) new time Rig My (First compatible with one another also what you guys think of the price I payed for My new Rig (First time builder!!) this rig Here are all the parts I bought from new egg My new Rig (First time builder!!) I also bought an OEM windows Home bit AMD Athlon II X Regor GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor ADX OCK GQ - OEM- GIGABYTE GA-MA GM-US H AM AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard- COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -UW Black Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case- AllComponents GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AC X -KIT- CORSAIR Builder Series CX CMPSU- CX W ATX V Active PFC Power Supply- ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LITE-ON CD DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM- http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM- Total- Also what types of Tools should I get to be prepared to build when the parts get here in a few days Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

First two questions. Power source 350w,400w looking for ideas. Motherboard;looking for one that handles good updating and most of the CPU as of now??Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi im looking foward to building a gaming computer thats decent and not extreme or too expensive So far i have picked up the parts that i want Im still not sure if they are good or what thats why you guys are here I want you guys to give me your opinions suggestions or experiences with them or if im missing parts or anything that might help me Cheaper Prices would be nice too Here are my selected parts Case http www newegg com product product asp item N E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product Help builder. First time Please. aspx Item First time builder. Help Please. N E Graphics Card http www newegg com product product asp item N E Power Supply http www newegg com product product asp item N E Processor http www newegg com product product asp item N E Memory RAM http www newegg com product product asp item N E Harddrive my old Harddrive http www newegg com product product asp item N E Monitor http www newegg com product product asp item N E First time builder. Help Please. DVD CD ROM DRIVE http www newegg com product product asp item N E DVD CD BURNER http www newegg com product product asp item N E Please Help and Rate EDIT Ok I First time builder. Help Please. changed the power supply and i wont get the sound card yet i guess but i dont want to spend more than around EDIT Alright i changed the Motherboard and Graphics card and ive decided to take out the sound card and test the onboard first but the thing is that does the the motherboard that you suggested have good sound and does it support the graphics card and other parts i have choosen Previous Choosen Parts Sound Card http www newegg com product product asp item N E Motherboard http www newegg com product product asp item N E Graphics Card http www newegg com product product asp item N E Power Supply http www newegg com product product asp item N E nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Thanks in advance for reading this post My wife has given me the green light to build a new computer I have typically bought pre-built but customized pcs in the Time First PC Builder past My last new pc was in Typically I buy high end and milk it for years with a couple of minor incremental upgrades during its lifespan So its time for me to start again and since First Time PC Builder my wife wants my old pc I would love to build myself a new relatively high end rig from scratch Below are the parts that I ve selected from Newegg com as they seem to have the best prices for parts and shipping as well as a great reputation AMD Athlon ADA BOX - RETAIL MB L Cache Mhz Bus Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon Processors Model K V Deluxe - RETAIL ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON PRO MB DDR X AGP RETAIL CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Pro Series Low Latency MB MX PC- LLPRO w Heat Spreaders - Retail Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum PCI Internal Sound Card and Front Panel I O Drive - Retail LITE-ON XJ-HD XJ-HD H X DVD ROM Drive BLACK- OEM X CD-ROM Access all format DVD-ROM R RW CD-ROM R RW title amp disc MITSUMI D M BLACK FDD MB INCH - OEM NEC Mitsubishi quot CRT monitor DP SB-BK - Retail Plextor X DVD-RW RW DVD Recorder - Model PX- A SW-BL Black Retail Windows XP Xoxide X-Viper Case with watt PSU Already own a Logitech Cordless Mouse and Keyboard Combo and a Speaker and Decoder System I would greatly appreciate any feedback on these components as well as anything that a newb builder like me might be forgetting Thanks again for your help nbsp

A:First Time PC Builder

I would like to point you here for building tips.
I would ask if you plan to OC, if not, I'd recommend Crucial RAM, Lots of people think Corsair is the best but Crucial has the best support and best product IMO, in the business. I'd also recommend you use an Enermax or Antec PSU. I don't know what brand comes with that case, but if it isn't a reputable brand, you may want to see if you can get it without the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-pc-builder.8729/
Relevancy 59.77%

So I am trying to build my own computer case for gaming and home use and still want to use my micro-atx motherboard running with amd 64 athlon x2. Question is what is the best recommendation for a computer chassis, memory upgrade, and psu. Also, should I upgrade my processor to, lets say, a amd phenom II x3? Thanks for any replies

A:Any recommendations for a first time builder?

You should do anything until you tell us what you need (OS? Monitor?), your monitor size, games you're gonna play, budget, location.

Either way, not much point to pump money into your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-a-first-time-builder.191648/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all I m looking for advice and possibly tips and answers on whether or not my current build will work first $1k rig, time builder gaming I ve done some scouting through Newegg and looking at advice tips through the net on how to build a gaming rig and looking at pricings and $1k gaming rig, first time builder what to look for but I want to make sure it ll work most of all and whether or not this is a good buy for k spending limit It s currently $1k gaming rig, first time builder priced at around but with rebates and such I don t know if wishlist accounts for rebates and things like that it could be around altogether After reading the how to post new building threads I ve decided to add in this info I have no bought any items yet I live in Georgia US I m using this computer mainly for gaming I only have a laptop at the moment and most likely won t be using any parts from it for my new computer I m looking to keep this rig under dollars and do not have a monitor keyboard mouse or operating system yet But I m currently looking operating systems at the moment and monitors I doubt a keyboard and mouse will be that bad for cheapo s until I get more money And I don t know if I will need any after market cooling as I m pretty noob new to a lot of this stuff Sidenote I ve been told I could scrap my optical drive for a higher priced Graphics card but I heard the was a decent buy for it s price I ll see what you guys have to say but I would like to be able to watch dvd s and such and install some of the CD d PC games I already currently own Thanks My Wishlist Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Radeon G CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel i - ivy bridge gz gz turbo boosted MoBo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASRock Z Storage http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair GB SATA III SSD http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital GB Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Corsair TX series Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Rosewell Challenger-U Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Sniper Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LG Black Blu-Ray TOTAL PRICE I would have posted my actual wishlist but I have no idea how to do it through Newegg nbsp

A:$1k gaming rig, first time builder

Scrapping the optical drive for a better GPU is an option. However, what you already have looks solid. I don't see a Monitor,Keyboard/Mouse or OS included in this. Are they on a separate budget?

If you were to scrap the Optical drive, you could move up to something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1k-gaming-rig-first-time-builder.190732/
Relevancy 59.77%

OK i think i have a rig i like but the thing is this is my first build ever and not sure that all parts work with each other or that the psu is enough watts also parts that could be improved for about the same price would be good Fed up with dell that i can t upgrade easily i had a max of to spend this came in at including delivery i am in the UK otherwise would of brought from newegg gonna be running vista home edd or xp i haven t decided Kingston gb x gb Ddr mhz Memory Non-ecc Cl - Ebuyer Intel Core Quad Q Energy Efficient W edition Socket GHz G Stepping L MB Cache OEM Processor - Ebuyer EV builder time computer First Black Mid Tower Gaming Case with Massive cm Front Fan - No PSU - Ebuyer Gigabyte GA-P -S G iP Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer Sapphire HD MB GDDR Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer Seagate ST AS GB Hard Drive SATAII rpm MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer Corsair W VX W PSU - ATX V v this is meant for gaming on a cash limit thanks for any First time computer builder time you spend on this nbsp

A:First time computer builder

thinking of buying in 10 -20 hours , just say yes if you think it would work. just need to know

sorry for using your time

( computer "newbie" trying to learn )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-computer-builder.112924/
Relevancy 59.77%

Case - Lancool PC-K Case Power supply - XFX Pro W Core Edition V Cooling Fans - Cooler Master Hyper Plus Cooler Motherboard - Asus P H -MX Builder First Time Advice Need USB Socket VGA DVI Channel Audio mATX Processor CPU - Intel Core i P GHz Socket MB Ram - Crucial First Time Builder Need Advice Ballistix Sports GB x GB DDR MHz PC - U Video card - EVGA GeForce GTX SC GB GDDR Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda TB RPM ST DM Disk drive - Pioneer DVR- BK Hi I am a first time builder who lives in the UK and would like to build a gaming PC that is preferably with in the price range of to I would like to know if the products listed above are compatible and whether I should consider buying other products which are cheaper and better in terms of performance I would also like know if this is a decent build in running most game today in the highest quality as well as how long it will last before I need to buy newer better parts nbsp

A:First Time Builder Need Advice

Everything is compatible.

Nice case and CPU cooler, however the CPU cooler would not really be needed if you don't over-clock. The Boxed CPU comes with an OEM CPU cooler that is fine with non-over-clock conditions.
Are you planning on over-clocking? If so the motherboard and CPU are not really designed for over-clocking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-need-advice.193366/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok please! First time builder assistance so I know some of you helped me pick out these parts for my new PC I will repost them here and am interested in any important knowledge I should have before beginning First time builder assistance please! Also unfortunately First time builder assistance please! my deliveries are slightly staggered and I receive everything but my Case and Cooling unit on Tuesday I obviously can t do much until I get my Case but is there anything I can And unfortunately the cooling unit doesnt come in until Thursday can i put it all together and run it without the cooling unit or should i wait for the cooling unit before I do anything Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply Thanks for your help nbsp

A:First time builder assistance please!

among my other initial questions... Should I go ahead and set the SSD to primary and the HDD to secondary?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-assistance-please.174828/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I am going to build my first pc, but I would like to check my components work together and if people have suggestions for alternitive parts!. That said I have already brought the case and I am determined to use AMD processor they are cheaper than intel.. Any suggestions or help if you see issues would be very welcome.

Case: Coolmasters Storm Sniper Black
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx
Processor: AMD 8150fx
Power: Corsair Hx 850w
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x 4gb
Graphics: Xfx 6970 2gb x2 (crossfired)
Hard Drives: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb
Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD
Blu-Ray: Pioneer BDR-S06XLB 12x
DVD-RW: Samsung S222AL 22x Lightscribe
CPU-Cooler: Corsair A70
Thanks for any tips. Zolkesh

A:First time builder, will this work?

Make sure the Corsair RAM you buy is tested/approved for that motherboard, and it should be 1866Mhz or faster for best results.

Do you really need two optical drives? The BluRay drive does it all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-time-builder-will-this-work.1039850/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m trying for the first time to build my own computer Foolishly enough I ve invested heavily into the parts for it Components include A N -SLI Motherboard AMD Need Help With First Up, Builder Time No Power Dual Core Processor GeForce Video Card GB First Time Builder With No Power Up, Need Help Corsair Ram w ATX v Power Supply I ve assembled the parts as First Time Builder With No Power Up, Need Help closely as possible to how they should logically go I have an SATA GB First Time Builder With No Power Up, Need Help HDD and an IEEE CD-RW DVD drive When I remove the cord from the powersupply and wait I can hear it discharge but at no time can I get the computer to turn on No LEDs light nothing even sounds I took great efforts to avoid static discharge even to the point of assembling in my birthday suit No Seriously The Powersupply connectors are assembled as so The pin connector is not used A line runs to the SATA HDD then to the CD-RW DVD Drive A line runs to one half of the converter pair that connects to the video card then onto another converter that connects to an unidentified front panel feature It also breaks away to power the rear fan A line runs to the EZ Source I believe that s what it s called supply to the motherboard then onto the second converter for the Videocard The pin connector is attached to the Motherboard I want to believe the problem lies in the way I ve connected the Front Panel power switches The one labeled for the Power on is twisted Orange and White however the male connector labeled for it on the motherboard is Lime Someone please help I hate to think that I ve invested all of this for nothing or that I need to pay someone to assemble my computer for me nbsp

A:First Time Builder With No Power Up, Need Help

I feel like a big *****. Though there's a new problem...

That there 19 pin connector, turns out, it actually needs to be connected. However, unfortunately, now there's no signal to my monitor... Someone, please offer advice. I'm a big retard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-with-no-power-up-need-help.47816/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Well since i played age of empires when i was like I feel in love with gaming and the machines that enabled them I quickly picked for Computer time help Builder First asking up some PC basics but never really got real deep into it Since then I just keep playing using media and surfing the web with my comp Whenever there is a prob with my families comp they ask me to fix it and usually im able though i dont always know how to cut to the chase you could consider me a computer noob and i just got a job and ive decided i want to build my own PC to have instead of having to use our overused First time Computer Builder asking for help family PC Im not planning on buying everythig at once First time Computer Builder asking for help just save up buy things one at a time till im ready to put them together Like most young people i want my PC to look cool so ive picked out a stylish case its the NZXT GUARDIAN GAMING MID TOWER SILVER W WATT RETAIL to start with Is this case Ok Ill prob end up upgrading in the long run but not for awhile I know Nothing about motherboards videocards soundcards and very little about Ram and a HD just the idea that Ram is like a quot highway quot for info and that the HD is a quot parking lot quot for info As far as a monitor goes my families comp has a quot flatscreen but i know that would really jack up the price so for now im willing to settle with anything i can game on Also id hope for a cheap surround sound but if i end up with just speakers and a sub i wont cry Im trying to keep the final price under im not making that much right now im sure i need other things as well but rather than trying to be brave and say quot i can handle it quot ive decided to humble my nooobie and ask u guys for help Thank you so much for whatever you can provide The answer to the question quot what do i want out of my PC quot is that i want a comp that i can game on save schoolwork on and surf the web on my house already has a cable connection I think ill eventually save up for an external hard drive to save digital movies mp s and other high space files on well im sure i appear to be an when it comes to computers and i probably am but im willing to learn so bring on the advice im ready to learn thanks again Jeff note sorry I forgot to say that i read the quot tips for builders quot thread but a lot of it was jibber jabber to me nbsp

A:First time Computer Builder asking for help

Well, I've been tinkering with comps for about 5 years now, ever since I watched my friend build my first computer. Since then, I've built about 4 computers from scratch, and have taken apart and messed with my own about a million times. So, my best advice is that if you want to learn how to build a computer, get one of your friends who has experience to help you build it. Ask questions along the way, get to know what goes where and what it does. The only thing better than using a comprehensive step-by-step guide is actually watching someone else do it before you even try. Newer mobos often come with some kind of diagnostic LED system that displays a pattern depending on what kind of problem encountered during your systems POST.
If you don't know anyone with computer know-how, buy a computer enthusiest magazine that features a step-by-step guide. Maximum PC is a good choice for that.
Anyway, that's about all I got. Good luck. :approve:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-computer-builder-asking-for-help.17730/
Relevancy 59.77%

This is my first pc ive ever built and installed windows First pc new time bsod builder getting on myself so im not very experienced as to how to solve crashes like this These are my specs Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB Seagate First time builder new pc getting bsod ST DM Barracuda TB Hard Drive Thermaltake VN M W N Chaser MK-I Full Tower Gaming Case GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H-B Intel Z Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel Z Chipset Ultra X -Watt Modular Power Supply EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Video Card - GB GDDR Sony Optiarc BD- S- Internal x Blu-ray Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT This is what i get when i start back up a message from windows and the details of the problem Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA First time builder new pc getting bsod E B BCP B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Anedrew AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Attached is a picture of the bsod i get and what it says

A:First time builder new pc getting bsod

We really need the DMP files because they are the other record of what leads up to the crash

Your BCC code is 124

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.

2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.

3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware. It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.

4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions. Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.

5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug). At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially. The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s). For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing. For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors". Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc. Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps. Otherwise, if you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes. Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.

If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events. Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine. Reseat all connectors and memory modules. Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed. Obviously, this type of testing is a lot easier if you've got access to equivalent components in order to perform swaps.

Should you find yourself in the situation of hav... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/first-time-builder-new-pc-getting-bsod-652419.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I got all my parts today Finally finished building it and there s nothing on the monitor when the magic button gets pressed The fans go round and lights are PC, builder, time New no first POST on There is no beeping I Tried connecting the graphics card toanother PCI-E slot and then unplugging everything except the CPU outside the case on a cardboard box and still no posting or beeping with or without the video card The system is as follows CPU Intel Core E Motherboard Asus P N-T Deluxe New PC, first time builder, no POST PSU Corsair W TX Video Asus GTX My fairly-in-the-know friend suggests testing the PSU first but I have no way to do that no multimeter or replacement PSU Plus Corsair are supposed to be brilliantly reliable right I have read another post or two about this problem and so tried inspecting the socket pins by eye and noticed maybe it matters maybe not that two to three of them near the middle at one side looked like they had something white on them I tried very gently poking with a crafting knife to see if it d come off but to no New PC, first time builder, no POST avail Could this white-ness be a problem Look rows up near the bottom Also the motherboard box appeared to have been opened as though I d been given a returned one I suppose I just want approval that what I should be doing is RMA-ing this thing thanks Chris nbsp

A:New PC, first time builder, no POST

Ah, I just realized (and this is where 1st time builder comes in) this motherboard has no speaker to beep from. I know where to put it but don't have it. I suppose that negates everything I've done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-first-time-builder-no-post.110969/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys just went and built a pretty nice and affordable system, haven't even loaded any games on it, but I am thinking it will run pretty smooth, take a look at my setup and let me know if there are any changes (besides taking the blue pill) that could improve my performance. I want to play HL2 and BF2 as fast as possible with everything turned up of course! Any bottlenecks that you can see? I am still within the 30 day return at NewEgg.

ASRock Dual SATA 939 Motherboard
Athlon 64 3200 Venice (_BW model number)
2 x 512 Corsair value ram in Dual Channel mode
Connect 3d PCI Express 256 mb
Maxtor ATA133 200GB
PCI Wireless Lan Card
LiteOn DVD Burner
Gateway 19 inch Flat Screen CRT
Windows XP Home 32 bit

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I m a first time poster and looking for a bit of help and advice with building myself a PC I m looking to upgrade custom PC help - needs builder First time my current computer and instead of buying a pre-made one I have been looking at built-to-order websites and websites that sell the components separately The latter works out a fair bit cheaper The only problem is I don t really First time custom PC builder - needs help know what I m doing with regards to compatibility and such The components are as follows each item will be linked Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated Case NZXT Phantom Processor Intel Core i GHz Socket MB L Cache Motherboard Asus Rampage III Extreme RAM G-Skill GB x GB DDR Mhz Graphics Asus GTX Ti DirectCU II GB Hard Disc WD TB quot SATA-III Power Supply Corsair W HX Modular PSU Cooling Corsair First time custom PC builder - needs help Hydro Series H Sound Card Asus Xonar DS PCI Soundcard DVD Drive LG GH NS x DVD RW Wireless PCI Card Wireless-N Dual-Band PCI Adapter Basically what I m First time custom PC builder - needs help after is a fully functioning tower Is there anything I m missing I will be buying OS monitor keyboard etc separately Will I need additional cables screws anything Bit of a big ask so thanks for any help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Ok first off specs are in my sig refer to them first plz Every peice of hardware is brand new and there is nothing saved in my hard drive right now I am doing a clean install of windows home stuck!! builder Please help!! First time premium edition basically when i get to the screen that asks me where i want to install windows there is no drive for me to choose My Hard drive is SATA and it is detected in BIOS in the IDE channel Master slot I have tried other SATA cables and I have tried other SATA slots I have tried AHCI option in BIOS I have tried runnin in Native Mode First time builder stuck!! Please help!! as well as Legacy IDE mode I got my drivers from GIGABYTE - Upgrade Your Life I click the correct model number and at the next page on the bottom it asks for the type of OS you have I select windows obviously I then save the drivers to my USB drive I extract the files and switch my USB drive over to the new comp when i get to the screen that asks me where i want to install windows there is an option to load drivers However once i load the drivers the only way they can be selected is if I un-check the box quot HIDE DRIVERS THAT ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HARDWARE ON THIS COMPUTER quot Now one would think that i have incompatible drivers but i'm getting them directly from the mobo website If there are any suggestions or anything at all that i have missed please tell me I hope i provided enough info if not then just ask i will be refreshing all day to see if someone has a solution for me Thanks in advance p s remember this is my first tim e building so if it is a stupid fix don't make fun

A:First time builder stuck!! Please help!!

my sig isnt working atm....standby i'll get you the specs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221402-first-time-builder-stuck-please-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all Been coming here for a long long time and since I value the opinions here more than anywhere else I am asking for advice First time builder, need advice help on my first custom built system for years I have been buying name brand dell gateway HP compaq etc computers and I have had to buy a new one far too many times I want to build my own from now on Cost First time builder, need advice is one but upgrading components is easier in a better system I think Anyway its First time builder, need advice what I have configured so far from maximum PC s Dec gaming rig COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN -GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA E -TR -Way SLI x x x LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SAPPHIRE SR Radeon HD Cypress XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w ATI Eyefinity - Retail - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I was going to get the but its out of stock and more CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU- TX W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SAMSUNG X DVD R SATA x DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit -Pack for System Builders - OEM - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sunbeam CR-CCTF mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W TX- - Retail - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sunbeam CR-LGA LGA Core I Socket Retention Bracket Set - Retail -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E This is what was suggested by a poster on the maximum PC comments after the post http www maximumpc com article features gaming pc buyers guide december page about a few scrolls down in comments there is one that says quot scratching my head at the choices quot to which I based mine off Anyway long long post short I wanted to know a few things How easy would it be to build my own system I am not at an expert level but not a novice either Second do I need to add anything to this Like heatsink or an extra component here or there Any advice guides suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys I am planning on building myself a machine and I m collecting stuff in a cart right now and I was wondering if I could get your comments about the build - what could be improved changed feedback comments and anything else I don t have any experience building a machine but I think so far I have made a decent selection of stuff The machine s primary use will be gaming and other forms of media with some programming mixed in there I am going to post everything that is currently in my cart on newegg does this of you? look list time builder. to How First parts com for you guys to look at I want to be completely sure that everything will be compatible and work without any conflicts on windows x and that everything will fit inside of the mid tower case I d be upset if I ordered everything to discover that stuff was too big to fit in the case Anyway here are all the parts in no particular order ASUS P P D-E Pro LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX I G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL First time builder. How does this list of parts look to you? Antec EarthWatts EA W Continuous Power ATX V version SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC quot compatible with Core i Core i quot Power Supply GIGABYTE GV-N UD- GI GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM COOLER MASTER HAF RC- M-KKN -GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case COOLER MASTER Intel Core i compatible GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU -GP mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM Some questions I have Will everything fit in the case Is everything compatible Can that Optical Drive write dvds and cds and read them as well Is there anything important that I am missing from this list Am I getting a big bang for my buck the total cost in the cart right now is Please give me lots of feedback on this potential build Thank you guys Thoughts on making this build cheaper or a better value would be great Revision Switched to a Corsair power supply a Radeon HD Western Digital mb Cacche TB drive It s running a little more expensive but people felt pretty strongly about this stuff and I think I agree ASUS P P D-E Pro LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX I G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply SAPPHIRE - SR Radeon HD Cypress Pro GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w Eyefinity Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM COOLER MASTER HAF RC- M-KKN -GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case COOLER MASTER Intel Core i compatible GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU -GP mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All After nearly a decade I have decided to replace my old Pentium and take the step into building my own PC I use the PC mainly for Photoshop Sony Vegas and your everyday tasks on the Web and Excel Word etc However I am not a professional and use Photoshop and Vegas purely for personal enjoyment and staying creative Needed Builder Some Advice - Time First I don't play games either I've been reading up about components and put together the following along with my reasons behind them It's probably overkill and that would be due to my fear of having to upgrade after a couple of years and or being inexperienced but here it is MOTHERBOARD Asus H -PRO Because my old Asus P AD -E Premium was a gem so I'm thinking Asus again and i don't need or know anything about overclocking and this First Time Builder - Some Advice Needed motherboard seems future proof CASE Fractal Design Define R Mid Tower Black Heard good things about it and looks First Time Builder - Some Advice Needed cool in titanium GRAPHICS CARD ASUS GeForce GTX Ti GB Video Card Guy at a PC shop recommended it CPU Intel Core i GHz GHz Turbo Quad Core CPU LGA MB Sounds pretty good and may last me for a good while Also may help when multitasking POWER SUPPLY Corsair RM- Plus Gold Power Supply Just because it's compatible and I've read i don't need anything higher than W Kingston HyperX Fury Red GB x GB DDR - Memory Because it's compatible with the motherboard and thinking i may need gb if editing videos SSD Samsung Pro Series GB in Ive been told to install my OS and my programs on the SSD HARD DRIVE Seagate quot Barracuda TB ST DM SATA RPM MB HDD For my files My budget is around au and I am up to with some space left for Windows Could you please share some advice on the following Is it overkill for what i need Do i need a graphics card when the i already has integrated graphics If yes will my old Gibabtye GT be sufficient I bought Windows and wondering if there is a way i can get the free upgrade of Windows on my new pc Thanks everyone

A:First Time Builder - Some Advice Needed

Hello,

The Core i5 sounds perfectly suitable for your workload, however, I wouldn't rely too much on the Intel HD Graphics built into it. The Intel graphics are good solutions for HD video playback and multi-monitor setups, but they're not really that great at OpenGL/OpenCL acceleration, which the AMD and NVIDIA cards are far superior at.

Having said that, the 750 Ti, while not a problem at all for the Core i5, might seem a little on the unnecessary side. If you're simply buying this to compensate for the newer technology in the system, I'd pass it off as okay. From the looks of things, you don't plan on upgrading again anytime soon, so for that reason, I would say the 750 Ti is a safe choice. The Core i5 (and Photoshop) will be served better by the 750 Ti.

Yes, you certainly can get a Windows 10 upgrade for free. Install Windows 8 onto your system and ensure that you've installed the Windows 8.1 update. You can then use the Get Windows 10 app to reserve and/or download your copy of Windows 10 from there. If you have the standard edition of Windows 8, you'll get Windows 10 Home, while Windows 8 Pro will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

One last mention is that if you'd like more storage capacity, Samsung's 850 EVO SSD is available in 250 GB flavors, for around the same price as the PRO in smaller capacities. Of course, if you think 128 GB will be enough, and you prefer the features the PRO gives you, that's all good. I, personally, think 128 GB won't be enough. You'll want to install your most used programs to the SSD as well, most certainly Adobe software to enhance performance.

The power supply is perfectly fine. I love your case choice, and you haven't gone overboard with the RAM. Enjoy the system!

Dylan

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/125743-first-time-builder-some-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I'm looking in to making a computer from scratch for my first time I know I have all the required components but I'm mainly wondering if some of them will bottleneck others if some aren't compatible but I'm sure they are as I've done research and according to the stats they are or if you can recommend something better need builder, be advice/help to first-time Going computer for about the same price or less I'm not sure if I need a heatsink as there are fans installed in the case but if I Going to be first-time computer builder, need advice/help do need it tell me Here's the list of parts with the link to them Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Looking into other in a different thread here Swapped with COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN -GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case HITACHI Deskstar HD IDK K S TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Swapped with Western Digital Caviar Black WD FASS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard ASUS EAH DIS GD V Radeon HD Cypress XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDP - Swapped with HP Black SATA X Multiformat DVD Writer Creative SB A Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Swapped with ASUS Xonar D Channels -bit KHz PCI Interface Sound Card CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL Q- GBRM AMD Phenom II X T Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor Model HDT TFBGRBOX Windows Ultimate Any answers tips or recommendations will help Also I'd like it if you could also say if this is better than a normal high-end gaming computer or not which is what I'm going for And as well if you think all these will fit in the case which was my main concern

A:Going to be first-time computer builder, need advice/help

Looks like an awesome setup you're going for,
The Mainboard looks absolutely epic, and the AMD hexa-core should be nothing short of insane...

The only thing I would change in that setup is the CD drive, go for a newer one with a SATA interface, rather than that IDE drive. faster data transfer, and much much neater cabling.
With regards to setting it all up, it's all pretty straight forward, the CPU, RAM and add-in cards can only go in one way (provided you don't force them...) and the motherboard manual usually always has the Pin-Header layout labled clearly for you. Just remember to constantly earth yourself on the case (bare metal parts of the case...), as static electricity can kill pretty much all of those components, and double check that you have everything connected in the right places before you even consider turning on the power.
Apart from those few things, the other major thing you have to do is pray to God that none of the parts are Dead on Arrival*...

(*Although there is a slim chance of a component being DoA, it was proven to myself and my best mate on Tuesday that it can still happen...)

Anyway, best of luck with it, and I hope it all goes well for you,

~Hillbilly

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87941-going-first-time-computer-builder-need-advice-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone Ok this is the st time I ever put together my OWN gaming system While I am not a hardcore gamer I wanted a decent system for gaming and watching movies The games I mostly play are WoW SCII Call of Duty and Battlefield After doing some research and within my budget this is what I came up with Pls give feedback on my new rig MTHBD ASUS M A XTD EVO CPU AMD Phenom II x BE Cooler COOLMASTER Hyper MEM CORSAIR XMS rig builder, my First time gaming review please new GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC VIDEO ASUS ENGTX DirectCU TOP DI MD GeForce GTX Fermi MB HDD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot OPTICAL Lite-On X DVD Writer iHAS - Lightscribe POWER ANTEC EA Watt PS CASE ANTEC Illusion I have a couple of questions Is my memory ok Since I haven t purchased the Video Card last item would you wait for the ASUS ENGTX DirectCU First time builder, please review my new gaming rig TOP DI GD GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR assuming it will to drop in price Thanks any feedback is aprreciated Lamar nbsp

A:First time builder, please review my new gaming rig

You could go with an AMD 870 chipset in case you would like USB 3.0. However, the motherboard you have selected has excellent features for its price.

For the memory, I would suggest this kit instead of the Corsair.

The GTX 460 1GB performs considerably better than the 768MB version according to most benchmarks. So this would be a better choice.
You could also try and procure an HD 6870 which would give a significantly better performance at a premium of about $70.

For the PSU I would pick the Corsair 650TX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-please-review-my-new-gaming-rig.159900/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey,
First time builder, I'm wondering how this setup sounds:
Athlon 64 +3700 San Diego 939
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 (just 1 for now)
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II case
450Watt SmartPower 2.0 (included w/ case)
Sony DRU720A DVD Burner
Future upgrades: more memory, another 6800GT, better cooling

Any idea how this setup will handle CAD models (SolidWorks)? This is not one of the SolidWorks recommended graphics cards, but it seems good for gaming, so I'm assuming it'll handle CAD OK. I've read the reviews on each item, but how do you think they'll do together?

Will this memory be OK...this is the cheapest of the corsair 2x512 packages...are the more expensive packages worth the $$?

Thanks,
John

A:1st time builder - How does this setup sound?

John-
Welcome to the forum. Just a few suggestions and a couple comments:

First, if the CAD program is multithreaded then you may want to consider a dual core CPU such as a 3800X2. If not then the 3700+ is a great chip but get the San Diego core with 1MB of L2 cache if you can.

Second, go for 2 x 1024MB (2GB) of RAM right from the start. AMD CPU's don't handle 4 dual sided DIMMs well, they need to shift to 2T timing which sucks. And yes, this holds true for even the new cores from all the reviews I have read. So, adding 2 x 512 MB later is a poor option. Better to bite the bullet now and load up with 2GB right away if you plan on going there eventually.

Third. I'm not a big fan of Case+PSU combo packages. Usually you get a really crappy, low end PSU that screws up your system. I always recommend that you purchase the case and PSU separate and never skimp on the PSU. It is arguably one of the most important pieces of your build and the source of a huge amount of problems when a cheap or underpowered unit is installed. This case, however, seems to have a pretty good PSU installed so it will work until you start adding power hungry items like a second video card (SLI) and extra hard drives. You'll need to upgrade at that point.

You didn't mention Hard Disk Drive(s) (HDD). Get one or two SATA drives. I prefer Western Digital and the Asus boards seem to run them troublefree.

Don't forget the OS. Other than that it looks like a really good build and should be reasonable for the performance you'll get price-wise. You'll be able to overclock that CPU easily (may want to look at an aftermarket heatsink fan (HSF) if you plan on O/Cing). Also, the 6800GT's hit ultra speeds easily and are one of the very best values on the market right now. A really solid, fast card for a great price.

Hope this helps and have fun with your build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-builder-how-does-this-setup-sound.35307/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello As the title says I recently bought the components to build my first machine The pieces look like this https secure newegg com NewVersion WishList MySavedWishDetail asp ID Well I managed to put it all together but I am having two problems The first is that when I go to turn please builder stuck First time a problem help with - it on it usually does not stay on for more than a second If I make a change even a small one like pulling a cable out and putting it back in the same place and then power it on it will turn on and stay on so long as I don t touch it But if I then shut it off and try to turn it on the lights light up for a split second the fans start and then everything stops I don t know if it s a power supply issue - I am using the stock power supply on watts - or what else it could be If it helps I have a wireless keyboard reciever First time builder stuck with a problem - please help plugged into a USB First time builder stuck with a problem - please help port and that is on and receiving power even First time builder stuck with a problem - please help if the computer itself won t stay on The second problem is that on the times that I do get it to stay on it does not communicate with my monitor My monitor is plugged in and attached to the video card - the only place that it would attach - but I get a quot no signal input quot message A buddy asked if the monitor could attach to the motherboard itself but I do not see a spot for it Has anyone else had these problems Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks very much nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have been researching and planning for quite some time now and everything is finally coming together but I have come across a few elements the likes of which might be too specific for guides I was hoping to first from a builder Hardware questions time find some answers here on Techspot forums So here we go- First off deals with case fans and headers My Asrock X Extreme motherboard has one -pin chassis fan header available while my Cooler Master Haf- case has a whopping case fans My question is without buying Y splitters is there a way to attach all the fans to the motherboard I would really like to have the speed control given to the motherboard so the fans don t have to run all the time My second also has Hardware questions from a first time builder to do with the fans I have plugged all four fans into molex connectors from my PSU and plugged it into the wall When I hit the switch on the back they do not activate Is this a problem I have not received the CPU yet so have not had first post to bios yet but logically I d think the fans should act separate when not plugged into the mobo This brings me to the third While I am sure I know the answer does the motherboard require a CPU to run bios Quite specifically to my motherboard Asrock X Extreme I would like to know if red LEDs on the power reset amp reset CMOS is normal or if it designates a problem I apologize for any seemingly obvious mistakes I am making and greatly appreciate any help nbsp

A:Hardware questions from a first time builder

Just use three splitters.

The fans aren't going to turn on when the switch on the back of the PSU is on. Otherwise they would always be on until you turn off the back switch.

Yes, the motherboard requires the CPU with it's heatsink/fan to run the BIOS. It also needs onboard graphics or separate graphics connected and one RAM module to post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions-from-a-first-time-builder.158920/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys I was thinking over buying a new PC but decided against it as I now think it s best to upgrade my current PC My current PC is a custom built from PCCLUB made way back when a PC CLUB Enpower Fuzion to be exact I have now made it my main PC as my last was stolen Since I have upgraded the ram from seeking builder First-time PC advice a single mb stick to two mb and have also upgraded the power supply to a Antec Earthwatts First-time PC builder seeking advice W The CPU was also upgraded from a AMD Sempron to a AMD AThlon My plan is First-time PC builder seeking advice to now buy a new motherboard and processor which will handle HD video encoding with ease As this is my first time building a PC will all I need other than a motherboard and CPU is some compound paste and a SATA HD I currently have a IDE drive which I m guessing won t do any good but it s fine as it s a measly gb I did the installation for the new processor on my current PC myself I like to believe I did it right it was as simple as removing the cooler removing the chip and wiping the residue off and dropping in the new CPU will it be that easy with the new motherboard and processor or have things changed I wouldn t mind taking it to a shop but prefer to do it myself and save at least a hundred dollars Here are the motherboard and processor I m looking at Processor http www tigerdirect com applicat CODE GOOGLEBASE amp cm mmc o VRqCjC BBTkwCjCECjCE Motherboard http www tigerdirect com applications searchtools item-Details asp EdpNo amp sku B - Thank you EDIT And the only reason I picked that hardware out was because I saw a custom built on eBay with the same specs and it was the cheapest I would appreciate any suggestions on anything cheaper which handles HD encoding with ease EDIT I just found out about these quot barebone quot systems Wow I think I found the perfect set It seems to include everything I need except for a CD drive and I simply put it all together right http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Sorry if this is a big noob question But better to be safe than sorry Okay so I ordered all of my parts for the time builder. to use What Motherboard? screws First for PC Case arrived first so just decided to check it out For starters the case is the Antec P it is my first First time builder. What screws to use for Motherboard? time building and have read plenty of guides and watched videos on the matter to understand each steps One thing I noticed is no one least from what I saw mentions what screws to screw the motherboard into the standoffs Overlooking my screws that came with the case I can narrow it down to screws I got both come in a stock of Heres some pics of them Does it matter which is used They both fit inside of the brass Standoff fine from what I can tell Appear to be the same length its just one is noticeably wider on the top than the other Not sure if the one is not wide enough to cover a motherboards screw hole Or if the other is too wide to cover a motherboards screw hole Unsure if all motherboards are the same in terms of where you screw it in But this is what I got ASUS Z -A LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB USB ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg com Just trying to avoid any potential disaster for my first build Thanks

A:First time builder. What screws to use for Motherboard?

Yes it matters as one is machine thread (left) and the other is course thread (right). Using the wrong one will strip the inside of the stand offs. In the instructions or manual....it will tell you what screw (by a number) goes where. If not use a spare standoff and physically try each screw....screw in the screw half way and pull on it, if it moves or slips then it's the wrong screw and use the other one.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127334-first-time-builder-what-screws-use-motherboard.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok here goes,

Just bought a ESC PT800CE-A, Intel Pen 4 3GHz processor, Kingston KVR333/512R ram, Radeon 7500 (Excallibur w/64mb) 3D video card and Seagate 120G harddrive.

I had a ATX case from an older computer and wanted to install these new components.

The issue is when I power it up I hear the harddrive start up and the fans working, but no signal (output) to the monitor. The monitor stays in Idle mode (amber light).

So, I tried the old video card that I know works and nothing. I verified the jumpers and even tried to clear the CMOS, But no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the space Techspot!!

A:First time builder - Mobo issue

Id pull everything out and put it back making sure nothing in the case is touching the mobo. I had a problem once where the I/O shield was touching one of the USB ports and the computer wouldnt boot. It may also be a voltage issue since that card is so old. Theres also a chance it could also be a dead board. Do you know anyone with a newer card you could borrow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-mobo-issue.17353/
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to make a PC and here are my final specs please tell me what you think Graphics Card Asus GeForce GTX TI http www amazon co uk Asus-GTX s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Processor i k CPU http www amazon co uk Intel-Gener s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - MotherBoard Asus P Z -V LX http www amazon co uk Asus-P Z - XPHM ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Cooler Cooler Master Hyper http www amazon co uk Cooler-Mast s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - SSD Crucial CT M SSD GB http www amazon co uk Crucial-CT JL A ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - RAM Corsair Vengeance GB http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Power Supply Corsair Professional http www amazon co uk Corsair-Pro s computers amp Pre-Build PC Specs ie UTF amp qid amp sr - nd Hard Drive Seagate TB http www amazon co uk Seagate-inc GS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Monitor Acer S HLbid http www amazon co PC Specs Pre-Build uk Acer-S HL s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Case Cooler Master HAF http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CA- -CM amp tool nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Tell me what yall' think:

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156180

PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144392

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009 -- CHANGED TO INTEL

Processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005 -- CHANGED TO INTEL

Graphics Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150185

Optical Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106019

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145566

OK! so thats my first build, make sure someone tells me if something else will not work with something else since this is my first build! THANKS!

A:First Build Specs!!!

Quite nice, My question is why get a 450w PSU then get a SLI Mobo?

If you want to get a great PSU for cheap get this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

Other then that the rest is great!

Do you know if you can play oblivion with that card or no?

Also... What about the RAM?
Did you make sure it's a 184pin and DDR 400? Because if you put a 240pin and DDR something else it will :hotbounce then :hotouch:
If you are getting recommendations get this:

Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188009

RAM (x2 for 2 gigs):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145566

Processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005

You can keep the case because it takes ATX mobos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-specs.64423/
Relevancy 58.91%

here are my specs for a pre-build can you please tell me if my pc will fit together and work well:

Graphics Card http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-GTX660-...1377736&sr=1-2
Processor http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Genera...2833128&sr=8-1
MotherBoard http://www.businessdirect.bt.com/pro...m_content=QE00
Cooler http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Maste...1708727&sr=1-1
RAM http://www.amazon.co.uk/GSkill-1600M...2229945&sr=1-1
Power Supply http://www.ebuyer.com/257233-corsair...mpsu-750txv2uk
Hard Drive http://www.ebuyer.com/319641-seagate...FUbMtAodUnIAYg
Case http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...-302-CM&tool=5

Also What SSD is better?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Seri...2835395&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT12...2833253&sr=1-1

A:Pre-Build PC Specs

Since you've already posted on this matter..yes it will work and it looks like a good system. Personally I like the Samsung SSD...they use there own parts...in house...vs all the other company's using parts from other manufatures.

Most Moderators frown upon people that double post...just giving you a heads up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pre-build-pc-specs.1092543/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello there TechSpot,

So I've just built a new system, first time builder. I've followed an online guide to the absolute letter but for some reason, the motherboard just won't POST or display anything on the monitor(s).

My old PC now also only displays on the monitor without a graphics card installed. I went into BIOS after some advice, and checked on the First Display, but that's set to the PCIEx that my graphics card goes into. Nothing on this older system has changed besides me moving the hard drive between the computers once.

So far, I've tried to run the new system without any of the un-needed peripherals (HDD and DVD Drive) but to no avail, just the fans and lights running.

Before I forget, the front-panel speaker thing is plugged in, so it should be able to POST.

No POST, No video, no beeps.

A:Brand new system, not POSTing, first time builder

it's possible, that on the older desktop the power supply is not sufficient to run the new card, especially if the card requires auxiliary power directly from the PSU. it would be very helpful to post the complete hardware specifications of at least the two desktops so we can get a better understanding of what you are working with. there are nearly an infinite number of hardware combinations so more specific information on each component is always helpful.

i'm a bit confused as to what you are looking to do with Desk A... i know B is a completely new build with graphics card, but are you also replacing the adapter in A?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-system-not-posting-first-time-builder.159048/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I m a first time pc builder from the Netherlands and I m having trouble getting my setup to work I m using these components ASRock P b Pro Intel E cpu GEIL x GB DDR - GeForce PCIe IDE Samsung hard drive Some generic dvd-rom drive also IDE W power supply So the problem I hooked everything up according to the manual except the green power LED since there s only two pins on the mobo to accommodate the plug while my plug requires three pins turn the machine on no post/beep/video First time builder: and everything comes to life Fans hard First time builder: no post/beep/video drive dvd drive even the hdd led blinks accordingly Everything seemed to work except there s no beep nor is there any video So I tried to isolate the problem What I tried reseated the processor heatsink and fan I discovered that the thermal pad on the heatsink had melted so at least the cpu is doing something I have no reason to believe the cpu is faulty reseated the ram as in lifting out one ram module to see if I might have a faulty module I also removed both as the mobo tends to alert you there s no ram installed Didn t help either reseated the video card The P b Pro has no integrated graphics it relies in a single PCI-e slot I know the video card works properly in other machines but still I reseated it To no avail I plugged out all power drainers the hdd and dvd drive I thought it might be too much for the PSU to handle Nothing I removed the CMOS battery and replaced it a few minutes later in an attempt to reset the BIOS Didn t work either I checked the DVI-to-VGA cable to my monitor nothing wrong with it My monitor works fine as I use it for my Xbox on a daily basis next I just took out everything again checked the mobo for bent pins checked the components for bad pins and reseated everything again according to manual again sans power LED Same problem occurs I then tried another PSU A W PSU with even worse specs than the first V only A grinthumb Now nothing responded at all Fans didn t come on nothing So it s obviously not the right PSU for the job As you can see I ve tried a lot and I m running out of options I have a hunch it might be my PSU but on the other hand would the board come to life if the PSU was the culprit I read somewhere my V line needs to be at least A my V line runs A could this be the problem What are the power requirements for a modern mobo anyway Otherwise I have no idea what else it could be The mobo is brand new so is the cpu and memory The other parts hdd video card are old components but I wanted to make sure my setup worked first before I shop for new components Anyway I was hoping anyone here could help me out nbsp

A:First time builder: no post/beep/video

It now works! I cannot explain what happened, but it now works perfectly!

So, I went to a local computer store and bought a 450W PSU. Very cheap, but it looks nice and it has a 120mm fan built in. I switched out the old 300W PSU, connected everything... but it still would't turn on.

Then, I had the idea to switch the hdd LED plug with the power LED plug. So now, the hdd light functions as a power light. That way, at least I could see if the computer is actually on or not. I didn't expect it to make a difference, and I was right.

Next, I dug up an old CRT display. Maybe there was picture, but the DVI port on my graphics card was broken. So I hooked it up and I once again fired up my computer. The fans started spinning, and then they suddenly stopped. The first thing that came to mind that my brand new PSU broke down or something. So the next couple of seconds I just stared at the mobo, when all of a sudden, everything got back to life. Fans started spinning, everything. Then there was a loud BEEP! I looked at the screen, and I saw the ASRock splash screen, followed by a message saying there are no bootable devices. I jumped in the air with joy!

Now, next I hooked up my IDE hard drive, but it appears my mobo doesn't play well with IDE hard drives. It has no problem seeing the dvd drive though. So I guess I have to get a Sata drive now, no big deal. And a much better video card as well, especially since I now have 450W at my disposal.

Thanks anyway for reading my story! It was a real disappointment to see that my hard work turned out into nothing, but it all turned out to be alright.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-no-post-beep-video.137159/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m going to be building a new pc within the next month or so check specs my build and would just like to get check my build specs a nd opinion on my parts or if i chose a bit that s incompatible Thanks here s what i ve got Akasa check my build specs Mirage - http www scan co uk Products ProductInfo asp WebProductID Intel Q http www scan co uk Products ProductInfo asp WebProductID OCZ GB x GB PC - MHz DDR http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MY- -OC amp tool w Silverstone modular psu http www scan co uk Products ProductInfo asp WebProductID Asus P N -E plus SLi http www scan co uk Products check my build specs ProductInfo asp WebProductID Tuniq Tower or Thermaltake ultra extreme if i can find it eVGA GTS mb http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid GX- -EA amp groupid amp catid amp subcat Samsung SpinPoint gb sataII x Pioneer dvr- bk comes to about in total haven t checked prices recently though so it could come to less by the time i get round to buying it thanks for looking nbsp

A:check my build specs

Looks good.

Why the Samsung drive? Do you already have it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/check-my-build-specs.566940/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m about to build my first PC and have been researching a lot Seems to be the key to getting things right Unfortunately the more I learn the more I discover I don t know This will be a gaming PC with a lot of upgradability potential What do you First Specs On Build Attempt My folks think re the following specs Thermaltake Black Gaming Tower XaserV Series WinGo Full-Tower Case Model quot V quot ASUS quot A N-SLI Deluxe quot nForce SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket CPU -RETAIL eVGA nVIDIA GeForce GT Video Card MB GDDR -Bit Dual DVI TV-Out PCI-Express Model quot -P -N -BX Specs On My First Build Attempt quot -RETAIL Fortron Blue Storm W ATX V V Power Supply with mm Fan P and AMD ready Model quot AX -A quot -RETAIL AMD Athlon K L Cache Socket Windows Compatible -bit Processor - Retail Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series Twin Pack Pin GB MBx DDR PC- - Retail SONY Black MB inch Floppy Disk Drive Model MPF OEM x Western Digital GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Model WD JD OEM Drive Only Pioneer Black DVD RW -RW Drive Model DVR- OEM Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack -OEM Specifications nbsp

A:Specs On My First Build Attempt

What do I think?

I think that your specs are VERY good . I think it may be a little expensive though, but if you don't care, I certainly don't care. Yep practically any game will run at max settings at high speeds. Good luck on your build, I just built my first one just a few days ago, and I learned a lot. I used an nforce4 ultra, 3000+, and a 6600gt, and this works great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-on-my-first-build-attempt.20777/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I m looking into a new build and the i s have come out since my last build so I don t know much about them New Build Selecting Specs Help The i motherboards seem to be much more expensive than those that don t support the i s Are i s worth their price motherboard price included And also is fast ram worth the money Here s what I have at the moment Criticism wanted OCZ Gold GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ G LV GK - Retail GIGABYTE GA-EX -UD R LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core i Nehalem GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX - Retail Help Selecting New Build Specs EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX MB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail The total of those four components comes out to be with shipping I would like to keep the total close to or under I ll post the other stuff later after I ve decided on the core components Right now I would like to know people s opinion s on the i s Edit Changed RAM nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

hello everyone my -- First build review specs over the past few months i have grown from a coomputer noob into a super genius just kidding i still dont know all the computer things First build -- review my specs like programming and stuff but i do know like of the hardware and what it does basically im confident im ready to build a computer okay so lets get to it ive decided to make the build Intel-based hooray also this is slightly important First build -- review my specs IM GOING TO WAIT FOR WINDOWS notice in the specs list it says windows yes thats because im saving up now so that when win comes out i can order in all the parts order in windows and build myself a nice windows computer the reason im posting this is because i just want a final opinion from the pro s on how you guys think my system will run anywhoo here are the specs find everything at www pccasegear com and yes i know i d much rather use newegg or tigerdirect however i live in Australia so those arent available to me BUT thats okay because Pccasegear suits my needs just fine OK HERE THEY ARE Case NZXT Lexa S Mid Tower Case Power Supply Gigabyte Odin W Motherboard ASUS P H Motherboard B HDD Seagate Barracuda TB ST AS Memory RAM G Skill F - CL D- GBNT x GB DDR Graphics Card HIS Radeon HD GB Monitor LG E T-PN inch LED Widescreen Monitor CPU Intel Core i dual core GHz Optical Drive ASUS DRW- B ST X DVDRW Drive Card Reader Shintaro internal Card Reader Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium Retail Pack OTHER PERIPHERALS Speakers Logitech LS Speaker Mouse Nexus Wireless Silent Mouse SM- B Keyboard Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard SUBTOTAL with intel i instead of i --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay so thats it NOTE if i somehow end up with more money im going to get the Intel i which costs dollars more but hey i get quad core anywhoo if you have ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL please leave a comment lt also i would like to know whether these parts would work with windows cus if they dont then my whole plan crashes and burns THANKS FOR READING nbsp

A:First build -- review my specs

What exactly are you going to use your PC for? It'll be fine for everyday computing and multimedia but will perform just about average at mid resolutions. If your primary purpose is gaming, then you'll have to look at a better GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-review-my-specs.170967/
Relevancy 58.05%

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 189- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103547

7900GS 200- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150184

ECS nForce4 MoBo 60- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135177

512MB DDR 55- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141424

600W Case/PSU 55- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811162037

Anything anyone thinks i should change, or w/e. And i have another question, would this outperform a C2D system with a X800GTO? And i have another 768mb of RAM for dual channel, and an additional 256mb single channel.

A:Final Build Specs

And, i trust the case PSU, 24A on the 12V rail is good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/final-build-specs.59359/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Hard Drive specs and other things are not an issue right now My main focus is getting to my BIOS I have an ASUS P C P4C800-E Builder, custom Time ASUS no for First my video -E m-board an Intel -pin -GHz processor and tons of cooling in my case First Time Builder, no video for my ASUS P4C800-E custom My components brand s are Maxtor HD ASUS m-board cd-rw DVD-rom Kingston RAM and everything else is Thermaltake case power supply cpu fan I have an ATI MB PCI card in there It s brand new just bought it from the store about a months ago I put it into my temporary gameing machine dell with windows not pretty but works and it works fine I also had a Nvidia MB card also PCI in the new build but I do not get video with either of them I tried taking out the battery for hours nothing I understand that it is possible that the Bios is set for AGP only however I would like to avoid spending money for an AGP x card Does anyone have advice nbsp

A:First Time Builder, no video for my ASUS P4C800-E custom

if you have changed from your gf card to your ati card or vice versa without un-installiing your old card then it could be as simple as dissconnecting the power supply and then removing the CMOS battery for 30secs-1min and then replace the battery and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-no-video-for-my-asus-p4c800-e-custom.17747/
Relevancy 58.05%

HELP ME!!!

Just built my first computer and cannot install Windows XP Home successfully. It will boot from the CD, copy setup files, partition the drive, and then Windows does it's automatic restart which it will do fine, but when it is restarted it says " Resuming setup...." and then the screen goes black and stays that way.

This is an OEM Windows XP home CD from another Dell tower, is this the problem? Do I need a new windows XP CD?

Here is my new rig.

ASRock 939 SATA2 motherboard
Athlon 64 3200 Venice
connect 3d 256 MB PCI express
Corsair 2 x 512 DDR 3200 Ram in dual channel mode
200 GB Maxtor HD as master in Primary IDE
Lite On DVD as master setup in Secondary IDE

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help guys.

A:First Time Builder, Windows XP Install Blank Screen

mmetzger78 said:

This is an OEM Windows XP home CD from another Dell tower, is this the problem? Do I need a new windows XP CD?Click to expand...

Legally, you can't use an installation CD from a manufacturer on another system. Even if you could the manufacturers OEM CD probably has proprietary items that is keeping it from properly loading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-time-builder-windows-xp-install-blank-screen.419593/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just placed for First power builder computer supplies on time looking advice an order for most of the components of the computer I want to build except for the power supply because that is the most confusing part of the whole thing to me I do not understand the v thing or how to know what components need certain amps and so forth So I was hoping if i listed all of the components someone could give me a First time computer builder looking for advice on power supplies general idea of what kind of power supply I should be looking at I got a Cooler Master CM that includes two led mm fans quot Standard ATX PS EPS V Optional quot Case First time computer builder looking for advice on power supplies Foxconn A GM-S AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Motherboard VisionTek Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card LITE-ON Black X BD-R X DVD R X Blu-ray DVD-ROM SATA Internal X Blu Ray Burner Western Digital VelociRaptor WD GLFS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive Hard Drive These are the main components I just ordered nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I need help for my new build From a fresh install of windows I'm trying to install the driver for my CPU integrated graphics Intel HD Each time I do that I get a BSOD with this message VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd sys I've tried drivers from everywhere From the motherboard manufacturer CD website and Intel and some auto-detect driver software I've tried to rollback to older versions of Intel drivers from the Intel website I always get the same behavior The problem, time builder integrated graphics first Obscure screen starts blinking several time black screen lit to completely off back and forth on every restart after attempting to update the drivers This also happens when I Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder disable enable the integrated graphics After a minute or so of the screen going on and off the BSOD screen shows and the computer shuts down Even the integrated graphics driver downloaded by windows update have the same impact I've managed to get the drivers updated after much trial and error but I still have the issue of never being able to restart and when I try to use the auto-detect software it Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder recommends I install the version of the driver I already have The weirdest thing about the problem for me is that I can turn the computer on and off Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder fine as if there's nothing wrong but no matter what on restart when the computer screen gets to the spinning Windows dots the computer proceeds to turn off turn back on and off until the BSOD screen I'm thinking it's a faulty CPU or motherboard or the combination between the two In any case I'm extremely stuck I really need some help here I'm desperate CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard Asus Z -A ATX LGA Motherboard

A:Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder

I don't know about the Intel 530 , but I would suggest trying a Videocard from a friend if you don't have another to try 1st and see if that has issues too .

Do you have latest Bios on the Motherboard?

Not that it can't be a faulty CPU , I just RMA'd my 5820K for eg , but you are going to need to do a bunch of testing 1st to prove it's bad...

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/56371-obscure-integrated-graphics-problem-first-time-builder.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,

I'm about to build a new rig for a friend's dad of mine.. it's really just going to be used for web browsing and office suite type junk.. here are the specs:

MOBO
CPU
RAM
HDD
PSU
Optical Drive
Case
Monitor

This entire build is going to cost around $630 w/ tax & monitor included. All parts will be purchased from MicroCenter

Please feel free to comment on these specs.. I know its a decent build for just web browsing but he was about to spend $1000 on a crappy HP not including a monitor. He's looking for "top'o the line"...I think this blows any store bought PC away.. Please let me know what you think.. and if you find anything better from MC let me know .. thanks All

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

A:Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Looks like a nice build to me

I would drop the cpu down to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

and upgrade the gpu to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good-for-a-gaming-pc-first-build-ever.212847/
Relevancy 57.62%

Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz LGA Quad-Core Processor Model HH PH M - OEM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ - Retail x PC Power amp Cooling S EPS W Continuous C EPS V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - build wanted new specs. Criticism on Retail after Criticism wanted on new build specs. rebate GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail after rebate Logitech - Black USB Standard Internet USB Keyboard - OEM No free shipping i-rocks IR- L-BK Black Buttons x Wheel USB Criticism wanted on new build specs. Laser Mouse - Retail No free shipping EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Criticism wanted on new build specs. Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Creative Sound Blaster SB Audigy SE Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM No free shipping Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black PATA Model SH-S N - OEM x Acer H H bmid Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor Built in Speakers - Retail - A great deal in my opinion Total Total after rebates This computer is for my dad he ll be doing some type of graphical rendering drawing and he said sound isn t a big issue so that s why I have that cheaper sound card with a system as good as it is I m trading him my gt so the GTX is for me he said the was good enough for him If anyone finds any deals better than what s listed please let me know about them I ll have to buy the tower today because the sale ends tomorrow Free shipping on all but the mouse keyboard and sound card Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I m making a gaming computer I spent a long time browsing newegg looking at parts looking up things in descriptions and specs that seemed important and trying to make sure new a Building builder) (first time parts selected seeking computer advice - on what i was looking at was all compatable together I took into consideration all of the advice i received Now I am just waiting for the delivery of all parts and will build it I m sure I Building a new computer (first time builder) - seeking advice on selected parts ll Building a new computer (first time builder) - seeking advice on selected parts be making new threads soon enough too troubleshoot building problems hehe I appreciate everyones replies in this thread Processor Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P A-UD P LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard w USB amp SATA Gb s RAM CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C Power supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Hard drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Case COOLER MASTER HAF RC- M-KKN -GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case DVD CD drive burner Sony Optiarc Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA CD DVD Burner LightScribe Support - OEM Video Card EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTX Fermi Superclocked GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card and going to use my current GeForce GT by PNY in second PCIe slot i can do that right Sound Card Not getting one seems to be no good reason to OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit -Pack for System Builders - OEM Screen ASUS VW H Glossy Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built-in Speakers Mouse current g gaming mouse Speakers Current dell speakers subwoofer Keyboard current dell keyboard Thanks for your help and advice nbsp

A:Building a new computer (first time builder) - seeking advice on selected parts

In the order that you asked the questions...
The motherboard includes SATA cables (four most probably-usually a shocking orange colour).
Yes, 650w is plenty for the PSU. The Corsair is an excellent choice and the system as a whole would be very cost effective and a nice performer.
I wouldn't bother with a standalone sound card unless you require very high audio fidelity.
Yes, Windows 7 (64-bit). If you plan on keeping the system for a while then buying the cheaper OEM version (as opposed to the Retail verion) is probably the way to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer-first-time-builder-seeking-advice-on-selected-parts.153640/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello i want to build my own pc

Cpu:
Procesorius - Intel Core i7-4770, Quad Core, | TipTop.lt

Gpu:
Vaizdo Plok?t? - GIGA-BYTE PCIE16 GT610 2GB | TipTop.lt

Mother board:
Motinin? plok?t? - ASROCK B85 S1150 | TipTop.lt

Ram:
Operatyvioji atmintis - KINGSTON DIMM 16GB | TipTop.lt

1. HDD:
Vidinis diskas WD Red 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 64MB | TipTop.lt

2. HDD:
http://www.tiptop.lt/vidinis-diskas-wd-green-3-5-500gb

I dont know wich box i should use, here 2 options:

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

So is it possible to build pc with these parts?

Sorry I'm from lithuania and my online shops are lithuanian laguage. But Names of parts is in english

A:Build specs. Can you build it?

The issue I see: your mobo supports "ONLY" 4th gen CPU and your CPU of choice is a 5th gen (gen=generation). Even though the mobo is socket 1150, same as CPU, there may bay some firmware incompatibilities. Not sure if there is a BIOS update for the mobo to support 5th gen CPU's, which I doubt it does.

So you may want to consider a new mobo that supports intel's 5th gen series CPU's. Also; there's no mention of a PSU (power supply). I would also move up to a GTX 970 GPU....it's just a better GPU period.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127578-build-specs-can-you-build.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It s Friday size Solved: needed? provided! Specs Build! What PSU New Got a question for you this morning I m putting together a system that I m planning to purchase in the next few months Haven t gotten serious yet as I m waiting to see if anything new hits the market or if there will be some new software updates that would affect my hardware purchases I m not certain how much power I will need I was thinking w minimum maybe w if needed I want it to be an all-purpose system I do serious photo video editing some light gaming RTS Solved: What size PSU needed? New Build! Specs provided! not RPG and watch DVDs with my surround sound Here s the specs AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor GIGABYTE GA- A-D P AM AM Solved: What size PSU needed? New Build! Specs provided! AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX Solved: What size PSU needed? New Build! Specs provided! AMD Motherboard EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card G SKILL Ares Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Standard DVD-RW drive I can t find the power reqs for the mobo but the CPU and GFX total w Is a w too small for the rest I plan to have several fans but don t know what I will get yet size wise and so I don t know how much power I ll need to set aside for them Actually planned to get a BIOSTAR TA mobo but Newegg is sold out So I m not commited on Mobo yet nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello to all I am planning on doing my nd build for the wife and made a few mistakes on the st build as I did not consult with this forum before I purchased my hardware and as a result ended upcosting a bit more than I had planned This build is only going to be used for surfing printing occasional photos and craft related media emails and surfing The main aim is a faster Internet surfing machine than that which she is currently using yr old single core MhZAMD email protected wireless G and to reduce the physical dimensions of case Planning on uprading network to N-wireless and have Mb cable connection I am hoping some experienced builders can look over my possible purchases and comment and advise Hopefully I have given enough info and links This is all I was planning on getting to achieve my aim at a reasonable price and hopefully some Major Brownie points from the missus Thanks all Intel CPU Celeron E Retail http www microdirect co uk Home Product Intel-CPU-Celeron-E -Retail-- yr Antec ISK - Check Mini build ITX 'n' cheap please. quick specs case mini-ITX NO PSU Mini ITX build cheap 'n' quick Check specs please. http www microdirect co uk Home Product Antec-ISK- - -case-mini-ITX-NO-PSU-S - Sony x Int Slimline Black Bare SATA http www microdirect co uk Home Product Sony- x-Int--Slimline-Black-Bare-SATA-S - Zotac motherboard NF I-K-E LGA DDR mini-ITX http www microdirect co uk Home Product Zotac-motherboard-NF I-K-E-LGA -DDR Western Digital GB HDD SATA II rpm MB http www microdirect co uk Home Product Western-Digital- GB-hard-disk-drive-Caviar-SE Corsair memory GB TwinX XMS DDR http www microdirect co uk Home Product Corsair-memory- GB-TwinX-XMS - -DDR -Kit-- -x Tp Link Wireless Lite-N USB Adapter http www microdirect co uk Home Product Tp-Link-Wireless-Lite-N-USB-Adapter-S - nbsp

A:Mini ITX build cheap 'n' quick Check specs please.

Here is a simply excellent review of that case.

You will have thermal problems with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-itx-build-cheap-n-quick-check-specs-please.945217/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm new to the forum and just recently installed vista 64bit on my newly built PC. I just thought I'd throw a few screen shots up of what is going on. This thing flys compared to my old Athlon XP 2600+ 266 FSB.

Relevancy 54.61%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 53.75%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 49.02%

As my post says I need the specs of both drives, paticularly the type of termination (active, etc). (I am definately NOT a SCSI savvy person)

Heres my problem I have a proprietary graphics computer that uses standard SCSI hard drives up to about 340mb for saving images. It is compatible with most Quantum LPS/Prodrive and Conner drives, especially the 120mb and 270mb versions.
Anyway I got a large number of IBM WDS3160's due to the lack of the latter and they do not work properly.

With the ibm drives I have problems with line noise and detection.

What is the difference (electronically) between an IBM WDS-3160 and a Conner 30100 drive? Is there any way I can get the IBM drive to function similarly to a Conner 30100?

Please note that I am only using one drive in the system.

Thanx for any help

A:Need IBM WDS-3160 specs and Conner cp30100 specs major trouble

I believe I've found a difference between the two drives, it seems that the conner unit automatically enables SCSI parity and the ibm drive makes no mention of it.
Do any of you think this could be the issue? If so how would I enable parity on the ibm drive?

Thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-ibm-wds-3160-specs-and-conner-cp30100-specs-major-trouble.116852/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which Intel P4 Processor and what storage options to use?

Hello everyone. I need to spec out a new testing PC for work, so I'm asking for some opinions. The role this thing will play is a VMware test machine. I will be creating VMware images to run application tests, break/fix, troubleshooting, etc. The operating systems on the images will likely be Server 2003 and XP. So I was thinking of 2 gigs memory, but that may be too conservative. The help I really need is with the CPU and storage. I obviously want a multi core/hyperthreaded CPU, but which one? Hot swapapble RAID would be nice, but what level, and do I need a stand-alone RAID controller or can I use the mobo's?

Thanks all, in advance.

A:Specs I need, give me specs. Opinion Sollicitation for work PC...

The Xeon Line of CPU's usally do very well in a server like setup. Alot of the time you can get the dual CPU motherboards. If you perfer though maybe one of the new Intel Dual Cores will run well, although im not sure, most servers I know of run dual Xeon's.

As for storage, if you have the money, get SCSI contolers and RAID SCSI drives. They are alot quicker.

And 2GB of RAM seems fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-i-need-give-me-specs-opinion-sollicitation-for-work-pc.35001/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there A few weeks back I posted in wanting some advise in how to build my i rig Well a few things changed and I don't have the i I got a few different parts here and there and just finally put the rig together last night But I seem to have an endless amount of problems now and I desperately need you help Here are my build! time First Specs Intel Core Extreme QX Ghz EVGA i cheesecake GB Patriot Viper BFG GTX OC Western Digital Caviar Blue GB Sata Ok so first thing is first My computer is saying my CPU is only Ghz It states the name of the chip but in the bios and benchmark test it says it's only running at Ghz What is the deal there How does that even happen Do I have a bad chip Or is my chip somehow being under clocked First time build! Now for the FUN stuff Ever since I first booted my computer up I've had COUNTLESS BSOD errors here and there By the way I'm running Vista Ultimate As well as the errors I've encountered I've been having some odd graphic errors too After around minutes of use all the images on my screen get changed back into like color mode instead of Millions of Colors so everything looks just horrible And things like clicking on the Start Menu give me only half the menu I thought maybe it was the Card overheating so I downloaded Riva Tunner and cranked the fan up to to test it out and I still get the same issues Then I figured it was my drivers since the ones that were on the CD were obviously old So when I try to go to Nvidia's site and download the correct drivers and install them Windows says that the EXE is corrupt And that happens no matter what no matter how many times I download the proper drivers Now for the good 'ol BSOD I've gotten different BSOD error messages so far and have no idea what the hell they mean These are the ones I've received E KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED A IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL NTFS FILE SYSTEM B SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION E KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED A MEMORY MANAGEMENT What on earth does that mean Is there always this many issues when building a computer

A:First time build!

I think you need to get into the BIOS and set a few things up. First being your memory. If you got DDR 667 memory and the BIOS is set up for DDR 400, this will create problems. I believe it is also clipping your CPU to 2.0Ghz. I would certainly look here. I do recall my XP computer that if the BIOS was set up to defaults, the CPU power reduced as a result of the BIOS looking for a particular RAM but my machine having a different RAM. I suggest you visit the mobo website and look for tips on tweaking the BIOS to see what hardware you have and it can then run correctly. BIOS setting at default are usually set to nonaggressive settings so we do not blow up are hardware. Emachine was famous for that and pretty much locked up the BIOS keeping us safe from ourselves.

I refer you to this thread were the computer did not recognize the mhz of the RAM installed producting BSOD. Read through it for some ideas.

BSOD when I install 2nd stick of RAM

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220485-first-time-build.html
Relevancy 47.3%

well build, need First help time basically i decided to buy the parts to assemble my own thing i just wanted to know if all of these are compatible i checked all the frequencies fsb etc and ports PCI-e that i need as far as i know can anyone tell me if this will work together and if theres any combinations i should avoid Also if you click on the motherboard link you will see that the ram frequency stands as does that mean i can only get mhz ram or does that just mean that the highest frequency is VIDEO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GT SSC Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail MOTHERBOARD http www newegg com Product Product aspx First time build, need help Item N E ASUS P E LGA Intel X ATX First time build, need help Intel Motherboard - Retail CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor - Retail PSU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E spec CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V Power Supply - V UL CE CB TUV FCC CCC - Retail thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:First time build, need help

I only see DDR2 1200MHz RAM as the standard for the mobo you've linked to. There is no DDR2 RAM that runs at 1333MHz stock AFAIK. You may have the FSB and RAM frequencies confused.

As for your build, everything looks good, except for the fact that you don't need the X38 board if you're buying a 9600GT, since it supports only Crossfire. If you don't want to use a dual-GPU setup, go for a cheaper board like the GA-EP45-DS3L or the GA-P45-DS3R. Also, you can get the TX650 for slightly cheaper from here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-need-help.111118/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to build my own computer, using mostly new parts (mobo, graphics card, processor, memory) but using some parts from my old computer that are still in great working condition (Audigy 2 soundcard, one 120 GB hd and a 200 GB hd) but I have a problem. Most mother boards out there today have SATA connections and only one ATA100 connection on the mother board. Because I want to keep my old harddrives, I was wondering. If I plug my ATA133 hard drives into the ATA100 connection on the motherboard, what will happen? Will the speed decrease, or will the ATA133 harddrives be unable to communicate with the ATA100 connection on the motherboard? Thank you in advance for any help.

A:Need help with first time build please!

I have yet to get a motherboard that they have started to take decrease the number of IDE channels on a board just because they have Sata on there also. They are pretty much have two channels. One usually used for your HDD's and another for your CD Roms.

To answer your queestion though yes your HDD's will still work they will just be running at the ATA100 speed instead of ATA133.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-first-time-build-please.50193/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is my first gaming build and spent all day on this. Is it looking solid ? or are there bottlenecks ? somewhere I can do better within same price range ?. and Please reccomend me a graphics card.

What I got ready to buy:

Case -
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
PSU -
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power ...
HDD -SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mother Board - Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM - Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model ...

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 ...

Graphics Card - Recommend ?

A:First time build is this looking ok?

Is there any reason why you are matching the K version CPU with H77 motherboard chipset?

From what I hear the H77 is not very overclock friendly which is what the CPU K version represents.

Edit:
I would consider the nVidia GTX 660 Ti or wait a few weeks for the GTX 660 to be released. If the GTX 660 is too high a price the GTX 650 should release about the same time as the GTX 660. I'm not strickly nVidia, it has been awhile since I looked at AMD's offerings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-is-this-looking-ok.184523/
Relevancy 47.3%

so i want to build my own gaming computer. this is what i'm planning on getting, any thoughts????

MOBO:
ASUS M2A-VM $69.99
Proccser:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ $230.99
Case:$45.99
Membory:$141.99

New PC

MOBO:
EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775
NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
$159.99

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
$$224.90

GPU:
BFG Tech BFGR88640GTSOC2E
GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
$409.99

Memory:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
(PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$82.99

CD/DVD DRIVER:
PHILIPS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X
$33.99

Case:
COOLER MASTER Ammo 533
RC-533-SWN1 Black/ Silver Aluminum
$69.99($29.99 after rebate)

Power Supply:
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RP-600-PCAR ATX
from factor 12V V2.01 600W Power Supply
$100

HardDrive
Seagate 400GB ST3400633AS-RK Serial
ATA (SATA/300) Retail Hard Drive
$99.99

TOTAL 1100$ (give or take with shipping and tax, ect...)

A:first time build my own PC

Looks fine to me but I have 2 suggestions. Using an Intel cpu, I would be buying an Intel board as first choice, or another make but with an Intel chipset at least.
I would suggest WD hard drive. Seagate sata drives have been awful lately and I have seen many bad right out of the box, or shortly later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-time-build-my-own-pc.576858/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK I think I am ready to buy and build. Here is what I plan on putting together.
The following is from www.newegg.com. The total is $656.40 incl shipping.

Please let me know if this is worth it.

Thermaltake VA4000 Series SViking VA4000BWS Black
Enlight ATX 420W P4 Power Supply
ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 55W 333 FSB, 512K
Tr2tt (Designed by Thermaltake) Tr2M1 CPU Cooler for Socket A/ 370
Sapphire ATI RADEON 9250 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 64-Bit
Corsair Value Select Dual Kits 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-2700
NU Technology Black 16X DVD+RW/-RW Drive
Rosewill 52x32x52x16 CD-RW Black Combo Drive

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 47.3%

Here is my problem I am all hooked up powered up and when I turn on my cpu the motherboard light is green the CPU is running all 1st going well... Build Not Time so fans are running the video card is plugged in and I cannot see or hear anything on the monitor Here is what I have A V Deluxe Socket MOBO Aspire ATX case w W Power Supply Alps Floppy MB drive Maxtor Diamond gig HD 1st Time Build Not going so well... Master Maxtor Diamond gig HD Slave ASUS DVD Burner DRW- P ATI All in Wonder X MB 1st Time Build Not going so well... GDDR AGP x x Video Card AMD Athlon San Diego Socket MB MHZ DDR PC -DIMM - - Ok so you see what I have it could be a minor install issue with the Master Slave or since I can t see it could be the video card Is what I have compatible Do I have to turn off a factory setting on the MOBO for the video card to work Can anyone offer tips on what could be wrong and what to fix HELP PLEASE nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an old SOYO Red Dragon PC which is getting pretty old and slow, compared to newer models. I would like to refurbish it as a second or back-up computer but don't want to spend a ton of money doing it. Can anyone recommend a motherboard that is 64 bit, but uses the intel processor, memory, power supply, etc from the old computer? Basically, I just want to swap the motherboard and as few other parts as possible to upgrade this machine. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-build-time.1169775/
Relevancy 47.3%

ok, jumped in to my first build with both feet. but it appears i landed on my butt. lol... asus m5a88-v evo mobo...amd phenon II x 4 955 3.2g ame rt cpu. seems mobo specs do not support this processor. looked it up in asus site. that said, i havent found anyone that has a supported processor, acording to the support guide at asus. my problem is random crashes black screen, white screen yellow screen with viritcal brown lines, white screen with black vertical lines, and once a light blue screen. queston; could the onboard grafics card be dieing or is it because of the missmatched componants.

A:1st time build

If it says the processor is not supported, it won't work properly. There is a possibility that a BIOS update supports more processors, but read the release notes. Don't do anything that dangerous unless you are sure it adds the support you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1st-time-build.1027476/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm building a PC, and I'd just like to know if all the parts are compatible, the video card is any good and weather I should get a better case than I already have. I'm looking to be able to play all current games and emulate PS2/GC (via a completely legal BIOS dump + using legit CDs). Also maybe a bit of overclocking, which I know I'll probably need some better cooling hardware, but that won't until later so I can pick it up as I need it rather than buying it now. As I've said I'm a bit iffy about the case, if I do find temperatures running a bit high, can I just mod it a bit for improved airflow/install a new fan & heatsink, or are there other problems to be concerned about.

Attached is a picture of what I have so far.

A:First time PC build

The parts list looks ok, except you need to remove one of the i5 CPUs from your shopping cart before checkout.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-time-pc-build.1011044/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok folks Moose here AGAIN I now have a good AGP card so getting ever so closer to finally putting all my crazy old stuff together and actually building my first PC It s an Asus P S D-X socket mobo don t laugh with an Asus N TD Mb AGP card that I just got today And I m bidding on an Audigy ZS sound card but it s not really necessary Just thought it looked cool with the gold connections and all lol But what wattage PSU should I be looking at Can ya have one that s TOO powerful They aren t cheap And unlike most of the other components I have aquired I just don t trust used ones I m going to bite the bullet and buy NEW hard drive PSU and DVD burner Maybe even a floppy drive I ve noticed how sometimes it s the only way to get SATA drivers on this particular mobo at least for a few people in newegg reviews for this mobo So what wattage should be ok I m 1st time PSU for build not a gamer but might do a lil someday Are the cool one s that light-up any PSU for 1st time build good Or are they just a gimmick to attract s like me I know the mobo is a -pin and the AGP card has a -pin connector And since I m PSU for 1st time build buying a new HDD should I get IDE or SATA And what s the real difference Besides price Is one more reliable than the other or something Ok any advice will be appreciated Thanks for looking And I m attaching pics of what I have so far Even included the Pc Crucial RAM I got for this build x GB right now but I m getting more as soon as newegg has them on sale again nbsp

A:PSU for 1st time build

The difference (i am pretty sure) between IDE and SATA is just the connectors, the physical harddrive platters are the same, so just go with SATA drives.
What matters most in power supplies is probably the wattage, the SeaSonic SS-300ES 300W ATX12V Ver.2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM is a good low power powersupply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-for-1st-time-build.121725/
Relevancy 47.3%

So im considering of building my own pc (under 300?) and not buying one... So here are the specs and i need to know if anything is missing (and if you could help me find it and this is my first time building a pc!)
So i need the pc for general use and some gaming.
I will also need a very very very cheap monitor !
Here are the specs !

CPU:AMD A10-5800K (88,01?)
MOTHERBOARD:ASUS A88XM-PLUS (76,61?)
RAM:8GB RAM HYPERX DDR3 (52,50?)
PC CASE: DEEPCOOL SMARTER (LED) (23,80?)
POWER SUPPLY:CORSAIRV5350 (37,57?)
CPU COOLER:SPIRE SP526S7-1 (9,80?)
HDD STORAGE: HITACHI GST DESKTAR 7K 1000.C (39,00?)
Total: 328,19?

Edit: i changed most of the specs.

A:First time build pc !

What is this PC being used for? If you're not aiming for overall gaming an APU is fine. Otherwise you may want a dedicated GPU.

You are missing Memory Ram from your list. How much you need is heavily dependent on what you're doing.

You have no HDD/SDD for storage.

PSU I would likely change. Even more so if you're adding in something like a GPU.

Also, it being your first build you are choosing a very small form factor. The smaller you go the the more maneuvering you have to do in tight spaces. Add no experience to it and it may be a more problematic time.

If you have trouble finding matching parts I would suggest using PCPartPicker.com. It can compare prices and put together compatible components. In fact I will start you one, just press the edit parts list.
AMD A6-7400K - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

(I could not find your chassis in there listing, and I did not put in a PSU due to not knowing if you will be adding a GPU).

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127581-first-time-build-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP DV notebook is on its build PC time First last leg so I ve decided to start buying some parts First time PC build and First time PC build hopefully have a pc all put together before this thing finally dies I was hoping my notebook would last me until I graduate so I m trying to make it as cheap as possible for the specs First time PC build I m looking for but I also want quality parts I d rather pay more for a pc that will last me longer than go super budget and have to replace it in a year So far I have a case and a power supply The case is a Thermaltake V and the PSU is a w OCZ ModXstream Pro I plan on buying the cheaper and quot future proof quot parts first and wait on the more expensive parts for when I have some more money Here is what I m thinking so far -Motherboard I need help with this -Processor AMD Phenom X ghz -HD gb minimum with sata gb unless I get a good deal on something better -Graphics dedicated graphics gb memory need suggestions -Memory gb DDR for now upgrade later -DVD-RW drive whatevers cheapest they re pretty much all the same these days -Wireless-N card again whatever is cheapest at micro center -Windows Home Premium So pretty much the two things that I need help deciding on are the mobo and graphics card As far as the mobo goes this seems to be the most confusing part of the whole system I don t want onboard video because I want to be able to easily upgrade in the future and I want something a little more powerful I want something that can support RAID so that I can add more HDD space later on I m not interested in overclocking or other mods so this isn t a deciding factor Other than that there seems to be a zillion other features I just don t know which boards are the best brands models etc For graphics I want something with for everyday use and some occasional gaming but nothing crazy full HD support at minimum From my research it seems that gig of ram is pretty standard these days So this is where I m at right now let me know if I m making a stupid processor choice or whatever could be improved while staying in the quot cheap quot price range but again I m looking for quality components too Can anyone help nbsp

A:First time PC build

In the short term, I suggest you sign up for Email from Newegg; http://uh.urlgalleries.net/blog_gallery.php?id=2672047&t=3&g=medialink-79+(x20) Right now a Sony SATA DVD burner is on sale for 19 bucks, w/ free shipping.

Also, see if there's a "Microcenter" store in your area; http://www.microcenter.com/index.html

I guessing the the AMD 955 is a fine choice for the CPU. A quick look through Gigabyte's AMD motherboard should yield something with the features you need; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...007625 50001314 600007943&IsNodeId=1&name=AM3

There are others here with better insight on AMD's product, they'll be along shortly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-pc-build.154932/
Relevancy 47.3%

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/105972

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/135101

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131868

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/105994

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134324

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134855

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131214

Im hoping to build this in the summer, any good

Relevancy 47.3%

hi every ok im building my first pc and i know what hardware time build first i need i have been looking around on the internet for it and have found the things i need my first time build guestion is will it all work together the hardware is listed below - w PSU included with case motherboard Asus A N X-E Deluxe SKTA NVNorce ST ATX xAGP Giga LAN SATA Firewire channel Audio USB Dual chan DDR WiFi slot up to DDR Processor AMD Athlon XP Mhz FSB L Cache Barton Cpu - OEM Ram Crucial first time build CT Z B MB DDR MHz PC CL Memory Module Graphics card Hightech ATI Radeon MB bit AGP TVO DVI Removable Storage Mitsumi OEM Black Internal Floppy Drive mb Inch Hard Drive Maxtor Diamondmax Plus Gb ATA rpm Disk Drive - OEM Sound Card Asonic Channel Soundcard C-media Chipset D CD-ROM DVD LG GSA x DVD R RW RAM Internal Dual Layer IDE OEM Black Drive Lg x x x Cdrw Int Ide Drive - Oem Black nbsp

A:first time build

Go one step bigger and get an AMD64/3000 (with Venice core), Socket939, and a corresponding motherboard with AGP, such as MSI's K8N Neo2 Platinum.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo2_Platinum&class=mb
In future you could e.g. upgrade just the CPU for a DualCore CPU.

And get a case with a better and more powerful PSU, like the Antec Sonata II.

You don't need an extra soundcard, it has it built-in.

The above changes should not cost you more than ca. 70.-

Check out www.komplett.co.uk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build.29600/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am having trouble with windows recognizing my rd sata hard drive My st time building my own pc MB fried and Monarch is outa business so I purchased a ASUS A n -SLI MB I 1st time build have a new tt w tough power ps And I bought a new x cpu to replace the single 1st time build core I had on fried mb I got gb raptors in raid -healthy with a fresh windows 1st time build install I have a rd wd gb sata drive that is listed in my bios but doesn t show up in windows under disk managment even after doing a new hardware scan and a disk rescan in both windows and dos environment The rd hd does show up in device manager under quot SCSI and RAID Controllers quot but not under quot Disk Drives quot in device manager All sata drives are from my previous system that had a A n-SLI Deluxe MB with the same raptors in raid and the rd used for storing mp s The raptors are on one sata power cord while the rd is on its own All I want is to recover the damn music folder I was stupid enough not to backup Lesson learned Since the rd drive was used for storage on previous mb I figured I would be able to just plug it into new mb and bam- no such luck Am I going about this the right way or is there a better way of going about this Willing to spend a little to recover lost data if need be But even so it seems I should be able to atleast initilize the rd hd with new system- its only months old All other parts are in fine working condiion from old system- gt vc soundblaster audigy ZS gig of corsair xms ram What am I missing st pc build went very well what was I scared of except for this last step- recovering my music folder and aligning the rd hd for storage All help is grealty appreciated thanks in advance JSS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1st-time-build.534367/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I ve searched around quite a bit and have found a lot of problems similar to mine but not enough like mine to base a decision around Anywho build. time post. get First Can't to my component specs are AMD Phenom CPU Asus M N-HT Delux Mobo CoolerMaster Real Power Pro w ESA amp Cooler Master COSMOS ESA sticks of OCZ SLI Eidition PC RAM stick installed at the moment EVGA SSC Edition GeForce GX s for quad-SLI Maxtor DiamondMax GB HDDs not installed so it doesn t matter Vista Home Premium -bit cant get to post so it doesn t matter I ve already read into all the obvious reasons of why my computer might not be booting up but for obvious reasons I want to be sure this isn t just something I did wrong because I waited a long time for this machine and I m so excited to get it running it s killing me I will give you all the info I think is relevant but keep in mind this is my first time ever building a computer from all new parts from scratch I m tech savvy enough i think to be doing this but I am definitely a noobie Alright I have nothing but a First time build. Can't get to post. single stick of Ram A VGA a keyboard and my monitor hooked up Asus was very clear on how to hook up the onboard speaker so I should be hearing POST beeps but when I power up the lights all come on the CPU case and PSU fans all run but it just wont boot up My monitor light stays a constant green and the screen just flashes NO SYNC No POST occurs I tried taking out the VGA to get an error code but no good I tried different sticks of RAM and no RAM at all and no beep This Motherboard is AM and can support mhz ram speeds with a quad core processor so there isn t an incompatibility issue here that I can see I m guessing my PSU is more than beefy enough to power the few things I have in it right now Also the soft reset button doesn t do anything I know I have all those plugged in right and solid I tried reseting the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumpers from the default position as the manual that came with my mobo said to do No luck but I m going to try leaving it like this for minutes just to be safe Logically it doesn t seem like the RAM or the VGA is the culprit It seems safe to assume my brand new CoolerMaster PSU isn t DOA since everything is getting power though I ve read that doesn t necessarily mean it s working properly My motherboard is on spacers and I used washers just to make sure there was no short circuiting going on I haven t checked the CPU yet because I am not convinced it s worth the trouble yet It came with thermal paste pre-applied on the heat sink I don t want to have to figure out how to clean off a CPU without destroying it unless it s absolutely necessary I hear you are supposed to use Goof-off or something but I d be nervous doing it honestly Hell I m nervous even touching all this expensive equipment It s too late to second guess myself now though I have to get it working somehow I m not going to be happy about having to replace anything out of this computer but if something is wrong what do you think it is I m really out of guesses if resetting the CMOS again doesn t work Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:First time build. Can't get to post.

You should have picked Vista 32 bit. You probably have a bad motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-cant-get-to-post.109524/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay to start out with here are the specs for my new comp MSI K n Neo mobo AMD Athlon processor GB x Corsair Value RAM EVGA e-GeForce GT Video card ASPIRE W PSU GB Western Digital Caviar HDD SATA slave GB Western Digital Caviar HDD IDE Master old HDD with Windows SONY FDD Micro Advantage CD -R RW DVD -R RW basically does everything Thermaltake Tsunami case Now for the exciting part bounce I put everything together started it up and alas it just stayed on the startup screen working time build...not 1st for the mobo which says Platinum I checked and the keyboard was inactive then looked in the back of the computer where the D-Bracket is in case you don t know the D-Bracket uses a variety of combinations of red green LEDs to tell you what your computer is doing during startup A 1st time build...not working very convenient tool when your computer doesn t work The code which was shown between the LEDs translated into Early Chipset initialization I left it for a while came back and it was still not working I restarted the comp several times but always the same The next day however I turned it on and everything worked - Except Windows XP but that was because as I soon realized it was from a Windows Restore disk from eMachines my old computer the one I m using now However I retrieved a real retail version of XP and installed it on that computer It worked Kind of A large number of files were missing not installed But anyways I restarted the computer for some reason and take a wild guess here Early Chipset Initialization Stuck So I put the HDD back into my eMachine started it up and it was fine hey I m usin it now i had to reinstall Windows to get all those missing files I m not sure if the fact that they weren t installed had anything to do with the new computer or just the disk being wierd I have gotten my friend s HDD to work in the computer twice but both times after restarting once or twice for various reasons it just didn t go - stuck on ECI So therein lies my perdicament I realize that there are many many things that could be wrong but I m just hoping that someone may be able to think of something Thank you in advance for your help it is much appreciated nbsp

A:1st time build...not working

I recently built my box using the K8N Neo Platinum board and an AMD3400+. I had a similar problem, but it turned out that a connection was loose on the motherboard. You might want to check that. When the platinum screen comes up you should be able to go into post view, maybe that will give you some insight into whats actually happening as it freezes. Are you able to get into bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-not-working.33347/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm currently looking at building myself a new high end gaming system.. when would be the best time to do this? Is now fine or will I find better deals etc after christmas?

Spud

Ps I live in the UK

A:Best time to build new system

You might be able to get some hardware for sale online due to Christmas sales, but how much of a sale these are is up for debate (some people claim that companies hike up prices before having Christmas sales).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-time-to-build-new-system.1079393/
Relevancy 46.44%

Rosewill R -TBK mm SECC Screw-less Dual mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Seagate Barracuda Perpendicular Recording ST build, time thoughts? First AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM EVGA -P -N -TX GeForce GT MB GDDR First time build, thoughts? PCI Express x Video Card - Retail LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model LH- First time build, thoughts? D P- - OEM FSP Group Fortron Source AX -PN cm FAN version SATA PCI Express W Power Supply - Retail First time build, thoughts? SpecResearch MKS- USB Black USB Standard MultiMedia KB Mouse Speaker -in- Combo Mouse Included - Retail G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ - Retail GIGABYTE GA- P-DS LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core Duo E Allendale GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail Updated I decided to go with a dx budget card until dx comes out I think this is final I ll probably be ordering in the next couple days after shipping nbsp

A:First time build, thoughts?

Power supply might be a big weak with the rest of your components installed...
And I would not use that brand of memory when modules by Crucial, Kingston, and Corsair which have a lifetime warranty are available.
but in theory all should be well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-thoughts.77966/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay so I have been having many issues with my first build First time the psu wrecked my motherboard and cpu RMA ed and got a new motherboard processor and a different more reliable psu Second time I tried building I turned it on just to check if everything was working before I plugged in my graphics to my monitor and everything worked Then all of a sudden build I First time and gone need help wrong when I tried turning on the computer again the cpu fan wouldn t spin and according to my on-board leds there was a cpu chipset error I took off the fan and tried the processor test The cpu did get hot in a matter of a couple of seconds of the computer being turned on So I thought it was just a motherboard problem so I bought the same exact model and tried again Same thing however the cpu fan never spun at all Below I will have a list of things that are confusing to me -Motherboard says it is a cpu problem but the cpu is getting hot -I never hear any beeps from the motherboard I have the speaker plugged into its correct header Could my case be defective -Why would the cpu fan not spin -Could my ram be the problem -Also whenever I had to turn off the computer I had to turn it off via the power supply because holding the power button down for - seconds on the case did nothing Could that have damaged the cpu Again is my case defective By the way when I turn on the computer the optical drive and hard drive are all working which indicates the power supply isn t the problem Also this is an AMD set-up with a biostar motherboard and A-Data ram x g Any help would be great nbsp

A:First time build gone wrong and I need help

not to bring up the obvious,but did you plug the CPU.Hs fan power into the motherboard cpu fan lead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-gone-wrong-and-i-need-help.145062/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just finished building my computer. I turned it on for the first time. Only top fans worked, but rest didnt, but screen didn't display anything. Then remembered I forgot to put my ram in. Now computer turns on, but no fans work. Would anyone have suggestions?

A:New build won't boot first time.

Specs?

Do the fans spin up at all when you first press the power button? A lot of times the fans won't turn on until they're needed.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/new-build-wont-boot-first-time-276163/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 46.44%

I read the stickies on building your own computer but I m still confused I d like to quot upgrade quot the current PC I have that was built by a friend of my son in laws who is no longer around Using the Piriform Seccy program I see it s just a collectioin of quot Old Junk quot he threw into a Compac a build Attempting 1st time case Main use for this PC is gaming Finances keep me from just buying a new machine so I d like to try and make the following quot Attempting a 1st time build upgrades quot but don t know if I can use anything from the old PC if I can install them in the curent case if these parts will work together and would this be a decent gaming machine I d like to use a Asus M A V motherboard AMDFX CPU Kingwin Mach W power supply and an EVGA G P AR GeForce GTX Ti FPB Fermi GB bit GDDR PU Express SLI Support Video Card Wil this all work in the old case Can I still use the old hard drive Maxtor L PO and not have to buy a copy of WIndows I know I d have to change replace add fans and RAM First I d like to see if everything is going to work nbsp

A:Attempting a 1st time build

Heh, hey Tranch. Wow, you just opened a whole can'o'worms.

When attempting to put together a new machine, you can start from pretty much any point you want, but you kinda need to go through the compatibility tree from there. If, for instance, you start with "Hey, I want a computer that uses this motherboard.", then you will need to start with the types of connector it uses, what it's capabilities are. For instance, does it use AGP, PCIe 1.0, PCIe 2.0 or PCIe 3.0? Is it made for AMD or Intel processors, and which ones is it designed for? What type, speeds, and sizes of RAM does it accept? You'll pretty much need to do this for each and every part you're planning on putting into the case. Hard Drives, CD/DVD drives, sound cards...all of it.

Clock speeds aren't quite the issue that they once were, but they're a consideration, as well. If you stick with items on the motherboard's approved list you usually can't go wrong. And, generally, you can take backward-compatability into account as well. This is when, say, they motherboard lists PCIe 2.0 as its capability, it will generally also work with PCIe 1.0. Those numbers can usually go down (not always), never up. And, it's always considered as the motherboard in the lead...you can go down from *its* numbers, not the other way around.

Chances are pretty good that the case will work for most situations. Though small form-factor cases frequently won't work the larger motherboards and can get pretty crammed with stuff when you start getting into gaming rigs. If it's an ATX case, you're likely OK.

From there, then, you will want to consider the power supply. Chances are pretty good that your 1000W power supply will work with most anything you'll put together on a budget. Though, depending on its age, it may/not have all of the connectors you'd need for today's components.

Other than sitting down and doing all of this research on those items you've assembled, that's about all I can guide you with.

Frankly, there's still quite a bit that we could go over, but that should be more than enough for you to get started. If you have any more specific questions from there, just let me know.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempting-a-1st-time-build.1039105/