Windows Support Forum

Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

Q: Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

:hotbounce Hi guys, I have a problem I've never ran into before, I have been playing around with a few of the old dell latitudes one cp and one cpi. I have a know working battery that I'm using, I start up the cp and hit f2 to go into set up, and push the battery in when I get to the setup on the battery it says it isn't installed even if i pull the cd rom and install it their. I think I have some problem in the charging system but I don't have any digrams to find the problem. So if any of you have had this or similar problem and you have any ideas of suggestions, or the digrams for the cp or cpi latitudes I would greatly appreciate the help. :hotouch: :hotouch:

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

I have the same problem with my latitude CPi I got response on the dell forums. one guy sugested: Try another battery - if it is also not recognized, you've got a mainboard problem. let me know if you find another solution...
Relevancy 75.25%

Is there a way to use a latitude battery in a inspiron. The batteries are the same ratings. I have 3 latitude batteries that I would like to use in a Inspiron.
I put the batteries in but they will not charge.

A:Dell Latitude battery in Inspiron

Go here:

Be a detective - check out your model comp and see if the same battery fits it as the Latitude the batteries were for originally.
Relevancy 75.25%

Replaced the battery with a new one, and it won't charge. Laptop is 5 yrs old. Laptop runs with power cord only. When it's unpluggeg (new battery) it shuts off. Question is, could the NEW battery be bad, or something else. anyone else run across this.

A:Dell Latitude D600 battery

could be dead.......

The age of laptop wont affect the battery (if its a new battery). Try returning it and getting another one
Relevancy 75.25%

I bought a second user dell latitude L400 from a retailer. It works fine on mains power but after having been off for a while it will not start up on battery power. It will start on batteries immediately after being used on the mains but not after an hour or so.

The dealer gave me a replacement battery and pointed out that the corners of the battery (ref 942RV) were damaged. When I took the machine to him as econd time he pointed out that the battery corners are damaged again and it has longitudinal cracks in the case.

The dealer suspects that I have mistreated the machne and refuses to do any more for me. I have not misused it and have in fact barely used it. It has never left the house except to visit the dealer.

I have ordered a replacement battery but am worried that the machine is cusing damage.

Any views?:

A:Dell latitude battery problems

If the laptop is causing problems to the battery I don't think it's worth it to buy any more new batteries.Did the dealer say if it's possible to fix the laptop?
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a dell LS I just formatted the disk and changed my operating system from windows XP back to windows 2000 (for speed). NOW the laptop works it charges the battery but if I unplug the AC cord the laptop shuts off even though the battery has full power. i checked the power settings in windows. I would rather not use winXP but if I must I will.

Relevancy 74.39%

i just purchased a brand new battery for my laptop and it still will not charge or play off it and it needs to be plugged in.

any suggestions are grealy appreciated

Relevancy 74.39%

I bought used Latitude D630. There is battery where is text: Dell recharge Li-on battery model TC030 (battery cell made in Korea). And white sticker where is bar code and text "KR-0U8735-71763-DA3X". Is that original battery and how I know how many cells (and capacity) included that battery?
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Everyone! I bought this nice little Dell Latitude D420. The battery seemed to be working great until I took it out. When I put it back in it was dead and has been dead ever since. Im not real sure what casued it to die so I purchased another battery on eBay that didnt fit. Im not sure if the seller just had the wrong information. My question is how do I know what battery will replace the original Dell battery I have. On the battery it says Type GG386, Rating 11.1V, Capacity 42 Wh. Im not sure what all that means. It also says to replace only with Dell battery module types JG172, GG386, KG046. The battery I bought was the GG386 but the pins would not fit. Is there anything else I need to know before trying to buy another battery? Anything will help. Thanks!!!!

Relevancy 74.39%

The internal "button' battery is dying. Can anyone help with battery specs and how to install it without electrocuting myself?

A:Dell Latitude D600 battery dying

Instructions for replacing the battery are in the first two links, and a source for the battery in the third.
Relevancy 74.39%

I had Dell Latitude c range laptops all approx P Dell c400 not Latitude using battery power Mhz RAM GB this week which I ve upgraded to XP Dell Latitude c400 not using battery power with a Nlited minamistic XP all just fine One however will not use power from the battery even though the battery works in the other Dell s just fine so its not the battery itself With this machine it says the battery is fully charged when put in but as soon as you take out AC power it turns off There s no errors in the device manager I ve tried updating all drivers but there s nothing there I ve sorted through the Dell websites and installed all drivers and software I could find though there s so much there its likely I ve missed things not knowing specifically what the problem is or what I might need Any further info I can give steps to re-produce troubleshooting if needs be I ll do it but I basically want to establish why this model wont accept the battery power and how to resolve the issues thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude c400 not using battery power

I would suspect a harware fault in the power section in the laptop, in the interface between the battery and the converter circuitry, as the battery works in the other laptops.

I doubt it's a software issue.
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm new here. I'll just jump in with a vexing problem.

I have a Dell Latitude that won't run on the fully charged batteries. I have several batteries that all indicate that they are fully charged, but the laptop won't recognize the power. It runs fine with the power supply, but what good is an immobile mobile appliance? I'm sick of being tethered by the power cord.

I've been told it's a motherboard problem, but I want to know if anyone else has experience with this issue. I've been all over the 'net and through the Dell site (what a monster), and can't find anything helpful. Do you have some ideas for me?

A:Dell Latitude Battery?Motherboard Problems

This could be a problem with Voltage Regulator - not really a part of the motherboard but indeed in the laptop. This is not something you can generally fix yourself.
Relevancy 74.39%

Since I ve now recently been ensnared in this problem of Dell computers which suddenly and inexplicably no longer seem to be capable of charging the laptop battery D600 Battery AC - Latitude Dell Charging Not - although the AC adaptor still appears to be fully functional in terms of powering the laptop I thought I would attempt to post the definitive thread on this issue in an attempt to identify a solution I have a probably year old Dell Latitude D laptop purchased used and running Windows XP Professional without any problems for the past - years As an electronics engineer I have no problem in diagnosing and repairing minor eletrical problems to include laptop computers About Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery days ago during a reboot I got the message saying that quot Warning An unknown AC power adapter has been detected gt preventing optimal system performance Strike the Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery F key before the F gt or F key if you do not want to see power warning messages again quot Not knowing what to make of that in terms of the implications I hit F Only Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery a day or so later I noticed that one of my two laptop batteries had drained to zero and appeared to not be charging correctly I checked my two laptop batteries using the built-in test button and both showed OK although one was fully discharged So the batteries are OK In checking the AC adaptor using a voltmeter I checked the output and the output was right up to spec with the output right at V I examined the laptop AC connector port and it appeared to be both solidly soldered with the connections all clean Since I know that the AC adaptor has very few moving parts few none and since one of the batteries I have is relatively new I m pretty sure the batteries and laptop are not the problem So the battery and the AC adaptor upstream all the way to the laptop all appears solid I m somewhat hazy on the internal mechanism in the laptop that detect a battery level discharge and routes power to the battery for charging while the laptop is in a powered-on or powered-off status - although I will assume it functions somewhat similar to the alternator in a car and how a car battery is charged So something physical or software has happened that has thwarted the charging mechanism My guess is something physical since during the time of my problem no software changes come to mind That suggests a physical problem I ve read some threads suggestions problems with the motherboard but I speculate that those are mostly nonsense - since no other problems associated with the motherboard have emerged My best guess is that there s some problem with the Power Circuit Board although I can t discount some other sensor failure problem that has caused the battery charging to fail This represents the extent of my best sense of the problem I won t discount all end-users problems that may possibly originate at the battery or AC adaptor level but I have definitively eliminated those issues as problems on my end so in proposing answers don t offer up either of those - or the quot motherboard quot issue as solutions either Any other possible suggestions on the way to a possible solution and if this has been as large a problem as what I ve read - any input from Dell on a solution I ll happily accept the fact that nothing lasts forever without breaking so I m not sure why I ve seen nothing very compelling on this subject from Dell nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D600 - AC Not Charging Battery

This can happen when you run a battery right down to 0%. Once there, it may never come back. I had a C600 battery do this to me. I fully discharged it, and it never took a charge again
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyone I have a dell latitude d620 model and what happens is detected to buy new battery that is the CA rule because it is the same for 5 years but have found no solution to this.
Perhaps either a relic but the system is working well.
Please, if anyone has any suggestions are welcome.

A:the system cannot communicate with the battery Dell Latitude D620

You should try some steps.

1) Update the bios.

2) Do a system reset by removing the battery and AC adapter, no power to the unit, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

3) Then replace the battery and AC to the unit.

4) Now turn on and observe whether you get a charging battery. Check in control panel under power and see what the battery is doing.
Relevancy 73.53%

i have laptop dell latitude  E6230 .when i purched the laptop battery timing is 5 plus hour and now battery problem that. battery option is show this massage . the battery one is nit available for use. what kind of problem. kindly tell me.

Xperts mary laptop dell latitude e6230 ha us ma ya problem ha.

A:laptop dell latitude E6230 battery problem

Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us!
We suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

PressWindows + X key.
SelectControl panel.
In the search box, typeTroubleshooter and then clickTroubleshooting.
Click on Power and Click on Next button.

Also calibrate the battery ,also check in BIOS if the battery is detected .Kindly let us know if the functionality of the system is being effected .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Relevancy 72.67%

I have just bough a used Dell latitude d for my daughter for chirstmass from ebay There is only one problem and I can t seem to fix it Who ever had it before me d600 service tag Dell latitude removal has put the service tag to something very inapproiate I would like to remove it so she does not see it I was told by dell that since I do not have a legitimate service tag hey Dell latitude d600 service tag removal can not help me Other people told me I could use svctag exe or asset exe from dell but they do not help Does anyone have the program or programs I need to remove it and can send it to mel If so please post a link or tell me where to go to get it I would be greatfull EDIT I HAVE THE ISO LINKED ITS ON PAGE TWO PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING ME Moderator Edit No need to message anyone I wouldn t Free help here http www techspot com vb topic html nbsp

A:Dell latitude d600 service tag removal

please anyone have the software to remove this?
Relevancy 72.67%

hello all, I have a problem in my Dell latitude pp0x1 laptop which is like following: 1- When I press power on button, the power light LED become light ON for 3 or 4 second and return back to off state and the laptop not powering ON at all. 2- when I connect it to the Dc power the battery button wink slowly. really I am in trouble and worried of this error plz help. thanks
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello. I'm getting an error message about the date and time not being stored on a Dell Latitude D800 laptop. As a first attempt to alleviate this problem I am going to replace the CMOS battery. I opened the covers on the bottom of the laptop but don't see the battery. I tried to take the shell off but haven't been successful yet.

Before I go further do you know if the CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard? (If so, this may be a nonstarter for me.)

Thanks for your help!

A:Is Dell Latitude D800 CMOS battery soldered to motherboard?

the bottom of a laptop case doesn't give you access to the CMOS battery.

You have to pop the frame off from the top. Be gentle. It is tricky and you can break it if you don't know what you're doing.
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello, I've researched extensively for a solution to why my brand new battery and AC Adapter won't fully charge.
When I first turned on the computer it charged to around 72 percent. 
Then after the first recharge, it only went up to around 48 percent.
Repeated again, and only got around 39 percent and now it seems to stay there.
I've updated the BIOS already, tried uninstalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver and reinstalling it.
So my question is, is there any place I can download an updated driver?
The one on my computer states that its from 06/21/2006. Perhaps there's an updated driver somewhere?
My Operating System is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Please help.
Thank you!!!!
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey, I have a dell latitude E6420. I was using laptop and doing my routine work and then i got notification that 7% battery is remaining,Plugin the charger.. While there was 67% Charging was remaining (1Hr 9min estimate) .And ligh was also blinking orange.Then laptop shutted down automatically.
Battery Information in BIOS are follows
Health= Low
Kindly help and give suggestions..
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all. My battery wouldnt hold a charge so i decided to replace it with a new dell extended life battery.
problem is, when i plug in the charger all i get is plugged in, not charging.
i have tried
1- removing battery and charger and holding power button for 20sec
2-deleted and reinstalled the battery drivers
3- loaded my bios by default
i have tried another dell charger, though mine is proper volts and amps also.
i have heard some people need to update bios, but i cant do this now battery is at 8% and i flung the old battery out.

any ideas?
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Dell Support
  I am using this laptop last 1 year. I update this to windows 10 before 2 months. suddenly today the laptop getting over heating and battery prblm is there.. Pls help me for rectifying this issues..
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and the motherboard died, It's out of warrenty so I bought a Motherboard on ebay. The Bios Service Tag does not match the number on the bottom so I would like to chage it to the correct one. How can I do this?

I read about a DST CD = Dell Service Technician CD that has this option but I can't find one.

It's not a real important thing but when I use the Dell System ID application it reads the Bios Service tag and not the real system tag that Is registered to me.

A:How to change the Service Tag in a Dell Latitude D630 BIOS
Relevancy 70.52%

Does anyone know of a way or download I can use to remove an existing service tag on a Dell system board? Working on a Dell Latitude E7250.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Service Tag removal on a Latitude E7250/7250 (Late 2014)

WHY? The tag is fundamental to getting parts for that system.
Relevancy 66.22%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.
Relevancy 62.78%

The battery on my Latitude E6540 has become a little loose. This maybe normal with time? I'm not sure. The battery still charges and performs normally. However, it seems one of the springs in the battery release latch has broken. Thus, I cannot remove the battery to inspect the looseness. The battery wiggles a little. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My latitude is still under warranty. As I work at an academic institution, the laptop is also registered with the institution. I figured I'd ask Dell first since the warranty is still in my name. Much thanks in advance.
Relevancy 60.63%

I ve seen a lot of posts about Dell laptops suddenly losing battery power But I ve not found a post with my particular question Several weeks ago when running on battery only my computer started going into hibernate mode without any warning The battery icon in the system tray would show the battery to be almost fully charged but after about minutes the working"? battery Dell good E1505 - "not hibernate would occur I usually use it with A C power Last night when I removed the power cord the computer suddenly lost all power as if there were no battery installed When I look at the battery meter Fn F It shows charged and the quot battery health quot tab says my battery is performing normally Additionally when I remove the battery and push the little battery icon on it all LEDs light up indicating that there are no dead cells If I push and hold the button for seconds no LEDs light up which supposedly means the battery is healthy I appreciate any suggestions I m running Windows XP SP and using a wireless network nbsp

A:Dell E1505 - good battery "not working"?

Your laptop Dell E1505 sounds as though it may have either a motherboard or just contacts issue

Regarding the contacts, make sure both the battery and if possible, the motherboard contacts to the battery are clean (usually blowing out all dust)

Regarding the motherboard, firstly check the warranty status and also have a look at extending expired warranty. As this does sound like a hardware fault.
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).
Relevancy 55.47%

I ran the battery down in my Inspiron 5720 while I was working away, and in desparation swapped it for the battery from my Latitude E6540 so I could continue working. To my surprise this works just fine. It charges normally and the laptop reports the battery percentages normally. Since the Latitude battery has a higher capacity than the Inspiron battery I get a longer battery life as well.
So my question is can I carry on using the Latitude battery or will it damage my Inspiron?
The Latitude battery model number is N3X1D while the original Inspiron battery is an 8858X. The batteries are physically identical.

A:Can I use a Latitude battery in my Inspiron?

Hi johnhsrennie,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
You can use the battery at your discretion as we wouldn't recommend using the battery from the Latitude E6540 on an Inspiron 5720.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, if you have any query.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm on Dell Techdirect trying to request a battery replacement under warranty but the field that says "Part Serial Number" doesn't accept anything I type into it. I've tried everything I can find on the battery itself and the laptop but there isn't a proper 25 character code on them. Where can I find this information?

A:Latitude 3340 Battery replacement

Think I figured it out myself. I used a QR Code reader to read the QR on the back of the battery (those codes are mighty small I probably misread it before) then only typed in the first 20 characters even though it goes to 25. that 20 character code was accepted so I'll probably resort to this method in the future.
Relevancy 54.61%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.
Relevancy 54.61%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone!
I have a question. Is a Dell Latitude E6410 laptop good for gaming? Beacuse I'd like to buy myself a PC, but I don't know if it will be worth to buy a cheap one...
Most of the PC's I saw on Allegro (Polish site for buying stuff, like Ebay) are 100, 200 zł ( 3,97 zł = 1 US $ ). I have connected Creative's speaker's to my laptop, a Logitech M-BJ58 wheel mouse, and an additional monitor for more stuff on the screen, or screens actually , for better results of the laptop. It's working great but still I'm missing the super power of a PC
So thanks to everyone that will help!
Relevancy 54.61%

We are testing the 7275 hybrid device, and we have noticed that the battery will drain significantly overnight while in "sleep" mode.  We have un-checked the box that would keep it connected to wireless while asleep but it still drains 50% or more of the battery overnight while in sleep mode.  These devices have Windows 10 with a custom image build.  Has anyone else worked with these devices and seen similar behavior? 

A:Latitude 7275 battery drain while sleeping

I just bought this device for work and will be stuck with this for the next 3 years.  I noticed that when I got off work, I had this in sleep mode (5:30pm) with a 100% charged battery.  By the time I got home, it would be around 72% left.  It is almost as if the system never went to sleep.  Like you, I have also turned off the wifi while asleep. 
I have a Windows 10 Enterprise and it is the first image that my team would be using for other systems moving forward.  Pretty vanilla installation. 
In a nut shell, I am having the same issue as you.  Do you have it addressed?  Anyone else has an issue with this?
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guysI have a problem with battery charging. I'm using my laptop at home. So  I'd like to stop chargin my battery at 80% and start at 40%. I hope it can extend battery life. My battery is always charged to 100 %. I've seen this option in other Dell laptops (e5550,  but on my laptop I Can't  find it.

A:Latitude E7450 - problem with battery charging

Hi TOM3636,
Restart the system and press f2 on startup to enter BIOS - Go to Power Management -> Primary battery charge configuration and change custom settings.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.
Relevancy 54.18%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,
I ordered a Latitude E5570 from Taiwan Dell and opted for a 6-cell 84WHr battery (and M2 SSD as storage, knowing 6-cell and HDD cannot coexist in this machine), but disappointingly when the machine arrived I found out it was only equipped with a 4-cell 62Whr battery. Despite the 6-cell battery has always been marked as available on Taiwan Dell E5570 webpage, Taiwan Dell told me (only after the machine arrived) that it is currently unavailable, but they will not let me return the machine, because according to them it's not an option for customized products.
Frustration aside, right now what concerns me the most is whether or not the 6-cell 84WHr battery will ever be available for ordering from Taiwan Dell, and if not, how can I acquire it. I can't find this battery even on US Dell accessories website.I believe the part number of this battery is either HNH3K or WJ5R2.
Relevancy 53.75%

Work laptop received October 2015 running Windows 7 Enterprise and the battery won't charge past 45%, even while plugged in.
I've tried the compressed air thing - no good
I've switched out power cords - no good
Switched between Balanced and Power Saver - no change
I'm running out of options, has anyone else experienced this?

A:Latitude E7450 battery won't charge past 45%, even while plugged in

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please update the BIOS to the latest available version from our Dell Support Site.
Also, check in BIOS <F2> what is the status of battery / adapter listed.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell
Relevancy 53.75%

Have a compaq presario model C700 battery is fully charged runs on AC once you unplug power cord pc shuts off will not run on DC power the battery is good works on other pc s with no problem any ideas what could be wrong Tried unplugging and plugging back in so pc would recognize battery but that didnt work either

Thanks masonman

A:battery good ac good no power up in dc

i have an old pentium3 NEC notebook..
i also have the similar problem as yours. Then i took it to a technician who told me that it was a motherboard flaw. he said that it neither gives nor takes enough power and voltage from and to the battery. yet the battery showed to be charging as well as being fully charged. my battery still works on other notebooks and gives a 2 hour back up on a netbook modified to use the battery.........

yours maybe the same problem as mine..........
GOD Bless
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
Relevancy 52.89%

I got dell latitude Cpi A seriers service tag ending with 595B. Anybody have Master/admin password exe????

A:Latitude bios service tag ending with 595B

javastring said:

I got dell latitude Cpi A seriers service tag ending with 595B. Anybody have Master/admin password exe????Click to expand...

I was refered to this site because I need a Master Password for my newly bought dell latitude d505, so if you get any answers please let me know! I will also do the same if I am able to get a Master password - Thanks
Relevancy 52.89%

Firstly being a newbie and very confused with all this,please forgive if this is posted in the wrong place,
but as this is such a large thread it is difficult to know exactly where to post.
I have a Dell Latitude D420 that I got thru Ebay with the Service tag ending in 595B

I took a look at Paragons Website,
but my laptop Latitude D420 is not in the list and I'm really not sure about opening it.

Has anyone been able to reset there password or have info that will help get me past this?

In any case that someone has the PSW generator for 595B's, heres my info
Service tag is: #80LNLC1-595B

Thanks in advance,

does anyone know which software _rustam was using to get the master psw for service tag ending in 595B ?

A:Latitude D420 Service tag ending in 595B

1. Do not post your email in a public forum unless you enjoy spam.
2. Please read the faqs and guides before posting.
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently my Latitude E6230 battery indicator started blinking....
amber - off - white - off - amber - off - white - off ...
This happens when I'm running off the battery (extended battery, not sure exactly what it is) or when I'm plugged in. Sometimes it won't start until some time after a full charge, but the indicator seems to say I have about 6-plus hours of life left at 80% and doesn't seem to be discharging quickly. It's holding a charge well, but the battery indicator persists in blinking.
Any suggestions?

A:Latitude E6230 battery indicator alternate blinking amber and white

Hi Cjsebes,
Thanks for writing to us. 
Please update the BIOS if not yet.
Also let us know the battery health status in windows and also the ac adapter status in BIOS.
Usually it indicates the battery is charging. 
Does the blinking once the battery charges 100%?? 
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having an issue where custom battery charge thresholds aren't being respected on my E5550 when I plug my laptop into AC power.
Steps to replicate:
Using Dell Command | Power Manager, set custom battery settings such that the battery will start charging at 80% and stop charging at 90%.
Unplug from AC power.
Discharge the battery to anywhere below 90% but not below 80%.
Plug-in to AC power.
The battery will charge when the laptop is connected to AC power despite the battery charge state being above the custom 'start charge' point of 80%.
Desired outcome:
The battery should not charge unless it is is below the custom 'start charge' point.

Using V 2.1.1 of Power Manager and the A13 (latest) BIOS.
This looks like a bug in the battery charger firmware to me. Anyone else?
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,
does someone knows about this issue?
means as well te delivery for thoose ones is not possible due several Quality reasons
heard that since april16 this issue is common public at DELL?
Relevancy 51.6%

every time it trys to run windows xp a fatal systems error c000021a

screen say the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has ben shut down

i tied safe mode and tried to reinstall but driver wont pull up system repair disk

A:dell latitude help

post the mini dumps

Relevancy 51.6%

hi there thanks alot for reading this this is my problem the pc Dell latitude D Windows XP home intel centrino the problem when i boot it takes me to the page i have an uption to either enter Dell 610 latitude in a safe mode or Dell 610 latitude just the last pace windows wokred properly this started as a result of when i was syhuting down the system and i had to remove the battery since the system hang after which i used the spare battery i had but still no start up when it start the windows logo it then goes back again to start up of notification that seems the system was shut down or windows encountered an error or the reset button was pressed etc i then enter F to diagonise the system and the followoing information was passed i run the dell diagnostics from the system setup and get this error detected on quot start DST short test quot error code - Msg IDE status failed stats byte control code Msg No additional Sense Infoormation also at the end of the diagnostic it says Test result fail error code - Msg No drive detected it further request i run dell drivers and utilities CD which i misplaced a long time now getting such a Cd is now a problem i need any assistance i can get as my office job for over a year is all in the system and i dont know how to go about it ok thanks for any help addvice you can give me jimmyosas nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so here s the problem I have a Dell Latitude CPx J OGT BIOS Revision really my I need Dell Latitude... help with A I also have the Windows XP Pro Reinstallation CD with Service Pack The original problem was upon bootup the computer gave a STOP error STOP x A x x BD xE B x BB AD I tried booting from the Reinstallation CD and this is what happens At Windows Setup it gives me -artition Unknown MB MB Free It gives me the following options and I have provided the information on what happens when I try each of them Create Partition C - Nothing Happens Enter Run Setup - An error has occured while Setup was updating partition information on MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR Setup cannot continue Then the computer restarts Delete Partition D - I really need help with my Dell Latitude... The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com for an updated BIOS If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS of the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup To do this simply press the F key when you are prompted to install storage drivers The system will not notify you that the F key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation Recovery Console does not work either What I gather from this is that the partition is not assigned a prompt For example C and I cannot figure out how to give it one Anyone have any advice Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have just brought a Dell Latitude CPx back from the dead and it is working wonderfully apart from the fact that the Function (FN) keys don't 'function'.
Any ideas please?

A:Dell Latitude CPx

Humm... old.

When you say you brought it back from the dead, how so? Did you have a Dell recovery disk, or did you install an OS from a box into it? Was the keyboard okay before hand, or was it part of the reason for it being DOA originally?

The CPx series were one of those 'semi'-Dell machines, since the same notebook could be purchased in a number of liveries, including HP and Gateway (your machine looks exactly like my Solo 1400). If you loaded an operating system into it that wasn't from a recovery disk, then you probably need to download the drivers from the Dell website into it. Otherwise, the keyboad may be out of sorts, and may need replacing.

If you can find the service tag number (on Dell laptops, they tend to be on a thin white label and are only 6 to 8 digits long), you can punch it in here ( to find out what was on this beastie originally, and what can be downloaded to it.

Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Sir,
i've dell latitude X1 laptop. Its become unfortunately BIOS protected.
Tag # DSPHH28X-595B

Plz help me in this issue, how i can break this password.

I tried my best to break this but could not.

can any expert help me regarding this matter.

A:Dell Latitude X1

Any Latitude ending in 595B has been handled by Dell. Contact them for a solution.
Also, search the files on this forum for Dell Password, and Password commentary. There is a lot of useful information.
I have not seen any X1 password fixed... except by Dell.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I am new here and need help.
I have a laptop(dell latitude cpi) my kid entered a password and now I can't access windows.
Every time I turn it on a message comes on saying:This computer system#xxxxx is protected by a password authentication system you can not access the data without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password.
My problem is that my kid does not remember what password he used.
Does any body Knows how to remove the password since I can not access the bios either?

A:dell latitude cpi

sorry we cant help u with passwords as we dont know the intent involved.i hope u understand.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.

A:Dell latitude cpx

sc-strapped said:

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.Click to expand...

Thats a normal problem for those keyboards. You could probably have gotten those keys working again by reseating the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard. Now it sounds like you need a new keyboard. You can probably get one from Dell or possibly find a used one from ebay. Replacements can also be found online like this.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone This is a long shot I ve got a machine from about here and am hoping someone might be able to remember something about them XPi - Dell hot very Latitude Old It s small black and very chunky - the Dell Latitude XPi CD mhz I needed something with windows so I upgraded the drive from gb to a Samsung HM JC gb Basically I ve got some games that don t work with compatibility in XP at all All fine and dandy with swapping the hard drive but the underneath of the machine gets universally hot as hell I don t seem to be able to detect a fan much less any cooling vents Would I be right in thinking that it was fine with the gb and it needed neither a fan or cooling vents but that my latter day gb drive runs that Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot much hotter I actually love this laptop but want to waste neither it or the drive so any suggestions much welcome I ve tried the Dell site but the documentation I found wasn t hugely informative about the specific problems I m having though to their credit all of the setup files were there for download Many thanks Tony nbsp

A:Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot

If your new hard drive is higher RPM than the old drive, then that would explain the heat. Your old drive was probably 4500 RPM, and the new one 5400 or 7200. If that is true, there's not much you can do about it short of buying a new drive.
Relevancy 51.6%

I stumbled across your site and noticed a thread where you helped out a non-techie like me and I thought I would register and give it a shot. My daughter asked me to fix her Dell Latitude cpi which she uses for her college work. That was the easy bit it was a dodgy on/off button. Then she asked me to get it connected to the internet through her cable modem. I thought that would be easy too but I have spent hours on the internet trying to find what sort of adapter is needed because there is no direct socket connection to fit the modem. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can offer and it would make me look good in my daughter's eyes.

Relevancy 51.6%

about an hour ago my computer screen just froze and these vertical dotted lines appeared all over the screen. Now I can only start the computer in safe mode and i need an easy fix. ive already tried a system restore but the blue lines appears on my desktop again.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there ive got a friends latitude XT here just put 7 on it and its working perfect apart from the tablet buttons.(the ones that rotate the screen and things) they dont seem to be working and im not sure what drivers to get for it or what, its fully up to date now and still nothing.
please help me xD

A:Dell Latitude XT

HERE is the Dell Lattitude XT drivers. They have Win 7 64 bit and 32 bit drivers. Select the OS bit you have.

Keep in mind the correct and required install sequence for a Dell (and many others) is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc.
Relevancy 51.6%

I Purchased this Laptop few years back. Now it stopped working suddenly. Am in India right now but when i consulted the Dell Exclusive store here they say its not repairable. Kindly suggest. I never fell down nor got damaged by any external source. I wanted to get it repaired or may be send it back to recycling if possible.

A:Service Tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> || DELL Inspiron 14z 5423 || Laptop Dead

We cannot assist without knowing  why the shop said it's not repairable.
How old is "a few years"?  Any system more than three years old likely isn't worth a major repair such as a replacement system board -- even if a board is available.

This is a low-end system -- if it requires a mainboard change, it's likely not worth the repair, as the shop has told you.
Relevancy 51.6%

A Dell customer service advisor recently suggested I buy a new battery to fix a problem with my battery not being recognised at system startup nor charging when the adapter is plugged in Despite my AC adapter being the original adapter that shipped with my computer the new battery still fails to charge I receive a message informing me that the AC adapter type cannot be recognised quickset Furthermore in what can only be described as an outrageous step this message informs me that Dell will throttle my machine quot your computer will run more slowly quot and then adapter charges Original new, Dell (a no AC battery Dell) longer battery will not charge Clearly there is an error in the adapter hardware Original Dell AC adapter no longer charges (a new, Dell) battery most likely related to the well known one wire technique for battery verification nbsp meaning it cannot be recognised by the computer I was therefore incorrectly informed to buy a new battery that neither solves the problem nor is of any use as it cannot be charged Is this how Dell treats their customers I propose two solutions which Dell could offer me Send me a new working W adapter compatible with my XPS as a gesture of goodwill following the incorrect sale of a new battery at great expense which failed to solve the problem Provide a way to circumvent the faulty charger verification process This is crucial for two reasons Firstly the adapter is the original adapter that came with my computer so to verify its authenticity is not necessary Secondly Dell has zero right non whatsoever to force consumers to use certain products through an invasive procedure that slows down a computer for which I have already paid If Dell will not provide a work around to overcome the throttling of my computer then I will demand a refund on the original value of my computer as I am no longer receiving the power that I paid for I look forward to hearing from Dell regarding this matter and from other users in the community who might have suggestions as to how to proceed to overcome this problem or engage Dell in finding a solution for customers
Relevancy 51.17%

I just formatted my system (laptop) and the size of my desktop icons appears to be bigger than normal. please anybody with useful information as to how I can fix this problem is welcome to help.

A:Dell latitude 120L

Change your resolution and don't forget to install all of your drivers.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello my friends need help I have a dell latitude d520 blocks could help me find a clue I'm in this for months and find nothing I would appreciate your help

excuse my English

A:Dell Latitude d520

What is wrong with your Dell D520??? Does it lock up?
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I borrowed a Dell Latitude 630 because my Compaq nx9420 can hardly even boot up now. I'm not sure if the sound stopped after I installed a game or after I plugged my headphones into what I was pretty sure was a headphone port. I don't remember, but all I know is that I can't play World of Warcraft and I'm freaking out. Can someone please help me? It has XP.

Relevancy 51.17%

dell latitude c810 turns on and then it will shut off in 2 seconds,there is nothing showing on the display when this happens,also it will work fine with a external monitor.
can anyone help me with these problem.
Relevancy 51.17%

Dear Tec Guy

I hope you can help my daughter has a Dell Latitude X300 with no disk drive. She is running it on Windows XP. When she switches it on it boots up and shows the windows screen and then reboots all over again i have been into F2 and F12 but i cant see anything that could be causing a problem, i cant get into download anything on her laptop to set the drivers back up and i cant put a disk in because there is no disk drive. Please help a desperate mum .....

A:Dell Latitude X300 click here and read some ideas on how to enter the system and check it. F8 on some systems but with a Dell it may be F4 - can't remember. The trick is to see if you can get into to safe mode at the moment.
Relevancy 51.17%

I m in the process of looking at new laptops and want to see if there is a consensus on what would be a better choice Latitude or Inspiron PIII GHz Display XGA SVGA or UXGA any real difference between the gb ultra ata hd guess they are rpm doesn t say mb RAM Win USB or PS Mouse Xircom Realport if possible Doesn t a second battery take up a cd a slot Laptop will be docked while in office and Inspiron Dell's Latitude vs is used by Legal Director who will be on the road with it during the Legislative Session Medium use We ve gone with Dell Desktops and have been pretty happy with them We ve also done Latitute Inspiron laptops Inspiron C P and Celeron don t mix the PII works fine Latitudes C P with Win Win are very reliable Latitude C P with Win is so-so BUT I didn t put it together a non-tech person did but it s hers so there Latitudes are about whereas the Inspirons are about also with Office XP Thanks for your inputs Randy nbsp

A:Dell's Inspiron vs Latitude

Inspirons are more powerful but more bulky

Latitudes are classed as ultraportable but they are not as portable. They often come with more connection possibilites
Relevancy 51.17%

This morning attempted to start laptop and nothing. The screen is black. The battery is warm. No beeps, nothing. The caps light does not work. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Latitude D810

Pull the battery and plug in the power adapter. See if it starts up.
Relevancy 51.17%

I have just bought a Dell Latitude LS laptop (used) and I want to upgrade the RAM. It only has 128 MB. How do I take it apart and put more RAM in and where can I get the RAM cheap? Also, would it be possible to upgrade the processor eventualy? (it has a pentiun III as of right now).

A:Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

You can go to Dell support, enter your notebook model or identification code and navigate to replace hardware for a guide on replaceing the memory. If you go to system specs on the same site, it will tell you what kind of memory it uses and how much it will hold . .

You can also use the Memory Configuration at to get the same info. Dell's do not handle cheap memory well so stick with Crucial . . price is competitive and they gurantee it will work in the notebook.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to upgrade processors on todays notebooks . . dammit! You can upgrade memory and hard drive but nothing else.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,
I just purchased a Dell Latitude E4310 and have installed Windows 10 on it. Sadly i a just discovered that Dell doesn't support windows 10 Drivers for this Laptop. 
This is actually frustrating as i had the option of going with a HP but chose DELL for superiority.
Will Drivers for Windows 10 (HD Graphics , Audio etc) for this make of Laptop be available & how soon or not so i can go for other options that allow the full functionalities and resource for Windows 10.

A:Dell Latitude E4310

Unfortunately, I have no information if Dell will be creating Windows 10 drivers for this computer.
Relevancy 51.17%

I copied this directly from my question on Yahoo Answers because I did not yet get an answer ----- We have an OLD Dell Latitude from CD! ANY Old WILL Latitude NOT Dell boot laptop that we got from someone a long time ago and it is very slow It has XP Pro on it but it is way too slow for actually using I installed Xubuntu via Wubi Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! and that worked great So I decided I would try to partition the HD and put Xubuntu on permanently and probably remove Windows I uninstalled Xubuntu but it still shows up on the boot menu even though it doesn t work ANYWAYS I Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! have a few various boot CDs including Xubuntu UBCD and the Windows disc that came with the laptop The laptop has no CD Drive on it so it uses an external one with some weird cable Not USB The problem is that NO boot cd will boot on that laptop They all work on any other computer but this thing refuses to boot any cd It sits at the Dell screen when it finds that there s a boot cd and it sits there for minutes and does one of two things It stops trying and boots to Windows It makes a horrendously loud BEEEEEP and says something along the lines of quot Boot incomplete press F something to resume in which pressing that takes you to Windows or F something to go to Setup BIOS Now I HAVE configured the BIOS crap boot order So in theory it SHOULD boot from CDs Instead it tries to but then it seems like it gives up and just boots to Windows The specs that I can tell of the laptop are Pentium III Processor MB of RAM GB Hard Drive ish inch monitor and only one USB port not And I don t know anything about the graphics I really need help with this I need to get it to boot from CDs so I can fix the darn piece of crap It USED to boot from its Windows CD But no longer Please help nbsp
Relevancy 51.17%

does anyone know if you can put bigger than a 40 gb hdd in a dell latitude d600 laptop.

A:Dell Latitude D600 HDD ?

all i am asking is if i can put a 160 gb hdd in a dell latitude d600, it it compatible
Relevancy 51.17%

I've just started having problems of my Dell powering off whenever I hold the bottol right hand by the battery. The sceen goes off, but the loghts remain on, but cannot get the screen to come back on, unless I switch off power on the computer switch by holding it in for a couple of seconds. Please help

A:Dell Latitude D620

Did you check Power Options in Control Panel to verify that pressing the power button actually shuts the computer off and doesn't put it in Stand By or Hibernation?
Relevancy 51.17%

I had to reinstall windows xp professional home edition on a Dell Latitude D800. It works perfectly for the moment. The instant I try to install netzero dial up internet it starts freezing and I can't even get it to connect to the internet. When I cancel out of the netzero install/setup, it will still freeze just by clicking on something as simple as the start menu. I have reinstalled windows a few times, and every time I get the same result. Does anyone know what could be causing it to do that? Is it possible that the xp professional home edition is too much for the laptop to handle? Or is it that I might not have all the drivers installed that I need? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Latitude D800

Hi Cappi106, you said you reinstalled XP but did you formatt it first? You also say as soon as you try to install.............the software, have you first installed all of your drivers? e.g. audio, video and network drivers? Here is the link to Dell, you will have to go through and find what you need.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, A friend just gave a Dell Latitude cpi because he shut it down with the reboot to start up in dos mode. He didnt know how to change it back so he gave it to me. When its turned on, the screen says Invalid system disk replace the disk and pres sany key. I have xp to put on but no key code for this computer. It has windows 98 on it. I dont have that disk, is that the only way? I would just like to get it back to the previous setting that worked, not in set up either as far as I see, so I can use it for games or what ever.

A:Solved: Dell Latitude cpi

I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the original disk, you are pretty much going to have to start from scratch.
Relevancy 51.17%

OK my brother has xp pro on his dell latitude d620 and it runs like crap I have a disc of xp pro from the store but its not the one that came with it can I just use majical jelly bean finder to get the product key and just install windows and worry about drivers after I have windows installed or do I need to put drivers on a cd now and can I use a flash drive

A:dell latitude d620

No. Only a version from Dell will work with his product key. And the one found by Jelly Bean is the wrong one - it is used on all Dell machines of that model and won't reinstall from the Dell disk. You need to use the number on the sticker on the machine. If his recovery partition is still there, restore using that.
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old Dell notebook, that do not have a cd-rom. I am thinking if I can change the BIOS, so that I can boot from an external cd-rom? I have the floppy drive, but do not have the cd-rom drive. If I can not, I must buy the cd-rom.

A:An old Dell Latitude C610

I would be surprised if a unit of that age allowed booting from a USB connected device?
Relevancy 51.17%

Can any 1 help me i want master bios password of dell latitude c400 ...service tag #BZNZM11-595B .....plzz give me master password

A:dell latitude c400

Give dell a call.
Relevancy 51.17%

please help me !!! i have dell latitude E6420 Cpu working well !! but Gpu nvs 4200 is very hot. when i test in furmark temperature is 105 c .. i change 1.5 mm thermal pad but nothing change . i install E6420A08 bios but nothing change.. please help me someone
Relevancy 51.17%

Step-by-step instructions on how to re-format c drive on a Dell Latitude (old) with only 64 meg ram and clear current partitions (there are 4- two large, and two w/only 4 meg ram on them) to free-up enough space to do a clean install of XPPRO from "c prompt". Thanks in advance!

A:Reformat Dell Latitude

Welcome to TSG but you need to create your own thread. to do that you should click on the red triangle in this instance and ask a moderator for help.

then before you do anything with your computer you need to get a lot more RAM

you probably need to provide a bit more info on your computer to determine if this is a good idea to upgrade if this laptop is really old.
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell Latitude D520 Laptop and am having problems with the display... I am running Windows XP SP3. When I switch the Laptop on all starts fine and all the Icons appear as they should. However, after approx 5 mins the Display goes off and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. After Restart the same thing happens. I don't think this is a Software Issue as it all starts as it should and the problem persists after I've tried re installing Windows onto it. When the screen Dims it is still possible to see everything very dimly in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated????

A:Dell Latitude D520 HELP!!!!

Is the power adapter attached when this happens? Laptops by default dim after 5 minutes of inactivity when the power adapter is not attached to save power but it should come back on by either pressing the power button once, or tapping the Enter key. Is the battery being recharged when the power adapter is attached? You can try this without the battery in, and just using the Power Adapter to test if the battery is the problem.
You can adjust the power settings by right clicking a blank space on the desktop/Properties/Screen Save/Power. You can change the time and what the power button does. (ex) pressing power button once to wake from sleep etc.
Relevancy 51.17%

First I must say hello all I have had a browes around seems I might fit in here nice place folks.

Now my quest I have been given a named above Dell, It runs very very slow OS is XP Home, now it has a
system memory 128MB Internal cache 256KB video memory 2.5MB H/Drive 6495 MB

Is there away I can adjust the 300 mhz to go either 450 or 500? If so can someone guide me on how please. ?

What happens is it will load to windows desktop in 90 seconds when I try to access from Start control panel it takes for ever to load or open anything come to that any help or advice welcome. Please don't say throw it away LOL

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the Dell Active Stylus can be used with the Dell Latitude XT3.

A:Dell Latitude XT3 compatability

Unfortunately, the only systems that Active Stylus works with are listed below.
Compatibility This product is compatible with the following systems:

XPS 12 (Model 9250)
Inspiron 15 7000 Series (Model 7568)*
Venue 8 Pro (Model 5855) (Coming Soon)
Venue 10 Pro (Model 5056) (Coming Soon)

*Wake up feature not available
The Latitude XT3 uses and Electrostatic Pen. Information listed below.
Electrostatic Pen
The Latitude™ XT3 uses a specifically designed electrostatic pen or stylus for use in tablet PC mode. Instead of relying on battery power, the energy source for the stylus is magnetic energy produced by the excitation coil built into the digitizer itself. The signal from the coil is picked up by the stylus and triggers the stylus to transmit an electric field.
The transmitted electric field is sensed by a matrix of conductive lines, accurate stylus position determined using the low amplitude signals received on the vertical and horizontal conductors, and an appropriate signal is transferred to the digitizer's onboard processor.
The pen should be designed to support multiple pen tip types to provide the user with a choice in tip/screen interaction when writing.  Two basic nibs will include a hard plastic "standard" nib and a softer "felt" nib.  The nibs should be different colors to help users distinguish the two types. The pen nib can be removed without a tool.
The stylus pen kit that come with the Latitude™ XT3 contains one stylus pen, an extra pen tip, an AAAA battery and string to tie the stylus pen to the system.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all ok I pulled a real boner and it has me going nuts I bought Dell latitude D630 a used Dell D the unit had has a bios boot password Well the price was good has an extended battery etc clean machine etc I thought what the hell I should be able to work around that LOL wrong anyways while trying different key strokes while booting I found a combo that did something As the unit is booting I held the CTRL key down Dell latitude D630 and mashed the D quot key not the delete key quot D quot as in Delta a zilllion times well the password screen came up with normal text except a now it showed a few garbage characters ok it is doing something I repeated the boot and mash three more times and finally came up with total googly gawk Cool maybe I got somewhere did a reboot with no mashing oop s NO video unit lights up drives come on back light comes on NO nothing no text no boot no post screen nothing Removed cmos battery took out battery unplugged power held down the power button for minutes walla nothing It appears I bricked the unit it wouldn t even boot up with a live cd So now have I just flushed down the toilet from key combos I even tried the external monitor that didn t work any ideas Thanx all nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I am new to this site and joined because I have a technical problem with my 3 year old Dell Latitude 600. When I press the start button to start it, the little lights light for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. Nothing even comes to the screen. Any ideas?

A:Dell Latitude won't start

Sorry to be so long answering, ive been a bit busy, usual cause is faulty memory chips or ones that have just worked loose, if you have 2 chips try either in DImm1 socket and see if it works, failing that the board is going bad, do an Ebay search on the board and see what it costs to replace it.

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to know if I can upgrade my computer to use 8GB on may computer. I am wondering it that is possible. I am running windows 7 home preimum, 120 GB SSD with 32 bits now

Relevancy 51.17%

hello there not sure if this is windows related.well i have installed speedfan software and this laptop i have is at 55-60 running and the fan is quiet kind of i was wondering is there any way of speeding up my fan at lower temperatures.i cant figger out this speedfan settings and im afraid of frying my is what i think is my fan maybe DELL $3E8 on ISA then it shows temperature 1 offset not sure what i should put that to.

Many (most) Dell's do not have user fan speed control. Its what it is. Laptops, in general, tend to run warm as they sacrifice extra cooling for reduction in fan noise.
Relevancy 51.17%

my computer says:

"This computer system, #BYZBWOJ-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> "

someone who can help me,or can give a master password or link to site?

I have tried much, backdoor passwords memory-sure, Latitude_MasterPW.exe, looked at on this forum,tried, but nothing has helped me. Are able me perhaps with something help you something that works.

ps: Dell c640 Latitude

A:Dell C640 Latitude

same problem is there any solutions