Windows Support Forum

Lost My Internet Signal

Q: Lost My Internet Signal

I have a wireless ubee modem. I have had it for a will now and it has worked great up until yesterday. I can't find my wireless signal for my internet. I can hook up the usb port and get the internet just fine, but when I turn to wireless I can't even find my wireless signal name to hook up. I know my laptop is still getting signals because my modem is still finding my neighbors signals. Please help!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost My Internet Signal

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost My Internet Signal

Are you using someone else internet service via WiFi? If your now they power cycle the internet modem and your wireless laptop. Power cycle means reboot them or power them down then power them up. Internet modem can be reset but you would need to call your ISP and let them send a signal to hit the box (reset it) or walk you through the steps to do it on your end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-my-internet-signal.194378/
Relevancy 64.5%

HELP
Dell Latitude laptop with Netgear WG511v2 54 Mbps wireless PC card #2.
I had no problem connecting to the internet @ LaQuinta hotel last week. Now that I am at my friends residence, I am able to connect sometimes through the linksys network and access the internet, but it continuously disconnects and reads "Unable to connect to wireless network", "Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks. Windows will keep trying to connect. To see a list of all networks, click this message." I can then right-click on the computer connection icon and it indicates"Wireless Connection 3 -Connected but with no signal and then it goes to "This page cannot be displayed". Is the signal strength the problem? What must be done to keep connected?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 62.78%

On the right hand side of the taskbar I have the icons for battery life, volume, internet connection, etc. When I used to put the mouse over the internet connection it would show me who I was connected too (SSID) , signal quality, and speed. I began having some issues so I had to remove my Netgear connection and then reconnect. Ever since I did this all that shows up now when I put the mouse over it is now only says: Netgear and Internet access. How do I get the information back. It shows up on my desktop, but not my laptop.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a packard Bell desktop running Vista bit and geforce video card and have had it about months Last week the monitor went black and said it was going to sleep I to Lost monitor signal found that nothing had Lost signal to monitor changed with the computer but I had just lost the video signal If I tried to reboot right away I would not get a signal but if I waited a minimum of minutes I could get it to come on to maybe the login page before it blinked out again It s still on warranty thankfully so the stores guy comes out replaces the video card--no change replaces mobo--no change takes video card out completely so it s using the onboard one and it stays on Hmmm maybe the old video card and the new one he brought are both faulty Lost signal to monitor The store says they ll send another guy out with another card and put that in--great It s been working fine now for three days but today monitor goes black The tech is coming tomorrow with a new video card and I have a feeling that s not going to solve the problem I m not any one particular program when this happens What the heck else could it be Anybody Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking for ideas on how to re-connect my home wireless signal to my computer. The wireless signal is strong and the other computers in my house will connect with no issues. My computer connected with no problems to my wireless signal at work. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Lenovo Idea Pad Win7 PC. The computer was connecting yesterday and then was shut down. The next time I got on, ,it wouldn't connect. I've tried re-establishing the network as a new network, but it says the network already exists. The profile is the same as our other computers and nothing has been changed there. When I disconnect from the wireless signal and ask to re-connect it says that the it is trying to connect, but can't make the connection. I'm looking for any way to re-build the profile so it will connect and work again.

A:Lost Wireless Signal

Go to start type in CMD locate CMD.ese right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each then hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

post all contents for ipconfig /all here.

Also go to control panel>Network and Sharing>Left hand side select on "Manage Wireless Connections" Delete all wireless networks except the one you are trying to connect to by SSID name. Click ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/lost-wireless-signal-639865.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My mother-in-law had an old Presario 7360 running XP Home with only 56 MB RAM. I tried to install a linksys wireless PCI card, and lost signal to the monitor. Plus the PC automatically powers on when I plug it in. I removed the PCI card, but nothing changed. Did I fry the memory? The motherboard? Please tell me all I need is memory and/or a video card.

A:Lost Monitor Signal: Did I fry it?

*shrug

I'd start off with trying a different monitor, or test that monitor on a different computer, if you haven't already.

I'm pretty sure a wide number of things can cause loss of video, but I would try using a single one of your ram sticks, (assuming you have 2 separate sticks in your computer) making sure you try it in both ram slots on your mobo.

Also if you have another power supply I'd try plugging that in. Maybe that extra card you plugged in was too new, or simply just fried your old psu. =P *shrug

I would probably also try clearing the CMOS.

As far as it turning on automatically when you plug in the power cord, I haven't come across that before in my personal experience.

I wouldn't go buying anything yet (if you can even find much for that pc) until you get another opinion, just giving you some ideas to try since it looks like I'm your first reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-signal-did-i-fry-it.110751/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a packard Bell desktop running Vista bit and geforce g video card and have had it about months I had an issue with the monitor HP LP w losing signal and going to sleep a couple months ago and it looked like I had it fixed with help from this forum I to Lost signal again monitor downloaded and installed a Lost signal to monitor again new driver for the monitor and it s been working great up until a week ago when I started to have some issues I downloaded and installed a recent update fomr Nvidia for the video card and it was working well again but now I m back to the same thing I have lost the signal to the HP monitor and have tried a different known working monitor as well but get the same no signal I m guessing the first thing to do would be to buy a new graphics card and try it which one should I try I get the right beeps and the fans are going on bootup Thanks again nbsp

A:Lost signal to monitor again

Update--took graphics card to the store-tech put it in a machine there and it worked. So it's not card or monitor. Now I'm getting fan start but no beep.Most likely motherboard?? Store is picking it up for warrantied repair--the usual 10-14 day thing. Very convenient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-signal-to-monitor-again.941573/
Relevancy 50.31%

could you help? every time i watch videos on full screen after a couple minitues i get a no signal from the monitor i can still hear the sound only way i have found is to reboot escape does nothing i have tried checking (windows update) for drivers but i am up to date it seems and i have no clue as to what i am doing (sorry) and thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/198087-lost-signal-still-have-sound.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My friend has a SBC DSL internet, and two computers connected to the router. One working fine, another lose singal after few minutes, or few opened web sites (!!!) I checked possible viruses, spyware, adware, everything is clean. Look like system need to be reinstalling. What could be reason of this 'behavior'. All help will be welcome.

A:After few minutes signal lost...

infinite number of possibilities heres one to try first

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-few-minutes-signal-lost.415631/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me.

About 4 months ago my desktop monitor got the message "no signal". After much searching,checking and trying many things I finally connected the monitor directly to the computer instead of through the video card and it worked. So put it down to the video card packing it in.

A few days ago it decided to not receive a signal again. My son was watching tv show on the system and apparently it froze. He tried to reboot the system and then there was no signal to the monitor.

I have taken out the bios battery, even replaced it now, have taken out the ram and tested one at a time and still no signal. The monitor is working as I have attached it to my laptop and all was fine.

The computer appears to be booting but I am not getting the start up beep anymore.

Any ideas

Thanks

A:Monitor has lost signal

Likely not completing POST. Which would indicate a hardware fault. Could be anything connected to the motherboard (including the motherboard).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-has-lost-signal.1121850/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am an employee of Orange County in California.
We have reecently purchased and set up 25 wireless stations in one room and 13 in another room nearby with 2 Rangemax routers and 2 seperate Wireless networks with Static IPs for each of the workstations.
I keep losing connectivity on various PCs, and often get a Blue Screen of death when trying to re-establish the connection.
We have a training environment and need solid connectivity.
Please help, ASAP.
Paul

A:Wireless signal lost

The channels used by the two routers differ by at least 5?

Any 2.4Ghz cordless phones (they interfere)?

If you need solid connectivity you need ethernet. 25 computers connected wirelessly to one network are going to be a constant challenge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-signal-lost.570812/
Relevancy 49.88%

lost video moniter goes to sleep will not come back up with reboot. computer fans are running but no video. video card is ati radeon hd 4200.

A:lost video signal in hp6616f-b

Can you start up the notebook in safe mode (F8)?

If not, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238039-lost-video-signal-hp6616f-b.html
Relevancy 49.88%

A PC lost the signal to the monitor. I had installed a new
motherboard in my PC when the other quit. After installing
I set up the BIOS, and tried to get it to run. Unfortunately,
the HD was not being seen in the boot process. Since I
was out of time for the day I shut everything down until I
could get back to the job of trying to get it going. After a
couple of days of doctor and hospital visits I finally got
back to the job. Now I keep getting a box on the monitor
that there is no signal from the PC.

I have shut it down and checked all my connections. I even
tried the monitor on this old PC. This is not a new monitor.
It was working on the other PC after I installed the M-board,
and even when that PC had quit is was working on it.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service WiFi Solved: Lost signal Pack bit Processor Intel R Core Solved: Lost WiFi signal TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc P H Antivirus ThreatTrack Security VIPRE Updated and Enabled I am using a Dell Studio Laptop computer Model No PP L I have AT amp T DSL using a Netgear wireless modem router I shut down my computers at night and turn them on in the morning My problem is that one day my wireless internet to the laptop was working and the next day no internet I checked for WiFi signals in connect to and there were none listed Diagnosis indicated that wireless capability is turned off The switch was verified to be in the on position Device Manager Network Adapters indicates that the Intel WiFi Link is working properly I also have a desktop computer that connects to the internet via the same wireless modem router and it is working nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there, Matt lost monitor signal while tower is still on. IP address of the tower can't be detected. Checked windows logs says Kernel power 41 error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nscm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nscm.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88004059738, fffff88004058f90}

Probably caused by : nscm.sys ( nscm+37f2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Looks like an issue with Novell. You will need to contact them to resolve the issue.

See:
Support | Random blue screen caused by NSCM.SYS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389138-matt-lost-monitor-signal-while-tower-still.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed Windows Ultimate on New Videao First Lost after Signal during Boot Install my system yesterday via my external USB Hard-Drive and am having an issue with what I am assuming is a Video Card-related issue The reason I make this assumption is because I have run into the loss of video signal after Windows Logo in XP a couple times before on my old system and this one as well - which only required for me to boot into Safe Mode and install the latest or an updated driver This is my setup Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor RAM MB Graphics Card XFX Videao Signal Lost during First Boot after New Install NVIDIA GeForce GX MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N PRO XX MS C B When the system attempts it s first initial boot after the Install to finalize Setup it get to the Windows Logo and loads The screen flashes blue a few times then finally my monitor loses video signal LED light on front of monitor turns from green to amber This is what I have attempted to troubleshoot the issue -Tried two other monitors same issue -Tried booting into all forms of Safe Mode receive error quot Setup cannot continue in Safe Mode quot then quot Restart computer to continue Setup quot -I assumed it was an issue related to possibly not having drivers installed for my video card Attempted to install from Windows Setup Driver Loader that was found on the Partition Screen when you initially install the OS both the latest and a few older drivers from the Official NVIDIA site and the latest from the XFX website received error Loaded up the Windows Setup Tool opened the Driver Installer and receive this error quot The NVIDIA GeForce GX F DRIVERS desktop win winvista bit international whql Display Driver NV DISP INF device driver could not be installed Contact your vendor for an updated driver quot Driver version changes of course with each one that I try -My video card has DVI ports so I cannot attempt VGA which has been a possible solution on other websites nor does my motherboard even have a port period for video output I honestly don t know what else I can do I have contacted XFX via their support system and they have been useless so far Their response was run quot Driver Sweeper quot in Safe Mode which I have tried to explain to them I am unable to even get into Safe Mode Any ideas nbsp

A:Videao Signal Lost during First Boot after New Install

Is your card "DVI-I"? If so, try a "DVI to VGA adapter"

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videao-signal-lost-during-first-boot-after-new-install.984879/
Relevancy 49.45%

I teach a computer class at a local high school and had a student build his own system Following is the components we signal Monitor from Card lost Video installed all from Newegg Intel BOXDP SG LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Monitor lost signal from Video Card - Retail Item N E Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX Q - Retail Item N E RAIDMAX RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Retail Item N E A-DATA GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model HY I B KN - Retail Item N E SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail Item N E Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit for System Builders - OEM Item N E Hanns G Hi- DPB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Item N E HITACHI A TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - OEM Item N E LG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH LS - OEM Item N E RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Retail Item N E We purchased two of the video cards with aspirations of setting up a Crossfire system While waiting for the bridges to come in separate order we installed one card to set up the system and software After installing the drivers for the cards we started to have problems losing the monitor signal The first two or three times a restart solved the problem The forth time it happend we lost the signal altogether We took out the original card and tried the other one no luck We tried both cards in both PCI-express slots no luck We tried a different monitor no luck I installed my Post Card reader and got a code but have been unable to figure out what that means exactly We are out of ideas anyone else got any Thanks Brad nbsp

A:Monitor lost signal from Video Card

Funny how computer class teachers are pretty much.. nvm.

The power supply propably blew out on you. It is propably still "alive", taking its last breaths, taking the cards or the motherboard along with it.
Get a quality unit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And after that... You may need to replace: the motherboard, one or both of the graphics cards, a slight chance that the CPU needs to be replaced too, or any combination of these.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-lost-signal-from-video-card.826865/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

When booting up into Windows 7 (64 bit) my monitor stops showing video either right after the initial start up screens or if it survives that it may last a few minutes before. When it does it says signal lost and going into sleep mode and I can't get it to wake up from that.

I've tried hooking up to my tv and still the same problem happens so I'm sure it's not the monitor...it will randomly boot up - sometimes it won't let me get into windows, sometimes not. But even if it does, it doesn't last long.

This started only recently so I wonder if maybe there was an update that caused this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Win 7 -Video signal lost at bootup or shortly after

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Does the problem happen still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162736-win-7-video-signal-lost-bootup-shortly-after.html
Relevancy 49.45%

In the last few days I have experienced a serious problem that is preventing me to use my desktop pc The computer is an Acer Aspire AX running Windows bit with Intel i processor Gb RAM and NVIDIA GT graphic card This is what has been happening when I boot the pc both in normal and safe GT and NVIDIA signal 320 shuts bit Video with Win pc down on 7 64 lost mode everything works fine for a few minutes then the monitor suddenly loses the video signal and there is no way to get it back without rebooting Sometimes the Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320 pc shuts down too after the video signal loss sometimes not I have Teamviewer installed on my desktop pc Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320 and connecting with a notebook I have realized that the pc is still working fine when it did not shut down after the video signal loss The longer I leave the pc switched off the longer the video signal stays on but never more than - minutes I have googled a lot to try to figure out what the problem may be and find a solution but with no luck so far However I reckon the problem could have something to do with a recent driver update of my GT card Indeed last Sunday I installed the trial version of Adobe CS Master Collection and when running Premiere Pro for the first time it asked me to update the graphic card driver in order to use CUDA I did so via Nvidia website and installed the driver that was suggested the version The update was or appeared to be successful but after rebooting the pc the problem with the video signal started There was no way to use a restore point because none was old enough so I have installed an older version of the grdriver but it did not solve the problem My last attempt this morning was to install the latest version of the graphic card driver - the version - but the installation fails I have also tried to perform a fresh install of the driver following some advice found online but whenever I try to perform all the operations suggested the pc shuts down I'm quite clueless and frustrated now and before I do anything else I am wondering if anyone can give some advice Thanks in advance

A:Video signal lost and pc shuts down on Win 7 64 bit with NVIDIA GT 320

Quote: Originally Posted by simorame

In the last few days I have experienced a serious problem that is preventing me to use my desktop pc. The computer is an Acer Aspire AX3900 running Windows 7 64 bit with Intel i5 processor, 6 Gb RAM and NVIDIA GT 320 graphic card.

This is what has been happening: when I boot the pc, both in normal and safe mode, everything works fine for a few minutes, then the monitor suddenly loses the video signal and there is no way to get it back without rebooting. Sometimes the pc shuts down too after the video signal loss, sometimes not. I have Teamviewer installed on my desktop pc and connecting with a notebook I have realized that the pc is still working fine when it did not shut down after the video signal loss. The longer I leave the pc switched off, the longer the video signal stays on, but never more than 5-6 minutes.

I have googled a lot to try to figure out what the problem may be and find a solution, but with no luck so far. However, I reckon the problem could have something to do with a recent driver update of my GT 320 card. Indeed, last Sunday I installed the trial version of Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection and when running Premiere Pro for the first time it asked me to update the graphic card driver in order to use CUDA. I did so via Nvidia website and installed the driver that was suggested: the 270.61 version. The update was, or appeared to be, successful but after rebooting the pc the problem with the video signal started.

There was no way to use a restore point, because none was old enough, so I have installed an older version of the grdriver but it did not solve the problem. My last attempt, this morning, was to install the latest version of the graphic card driver - the 275.33 version - but the installation fails. I have also tried to perform a fresh install of the driver, following some advice found online, but whenever I try to perform all the operations suggested the pc shuts down.

I'm quite clueless and frustrated now, and before I do anything else I am wondering if anyone can give some advice. Thanks in advance.

Here's what to do, boot the pc up, and go to device manager, find your graphics card and uninstall (if it let's you delete the old driver then do it), reboot and let the driver install on it's own. Now after that's done, confirm the driver works and keeps the display on, if it works then update your graphics driver using the geforce drivers(not the cuda), and restart. Hopefully it should be sorted

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/166780-video-signal-lost-pc-shuts-down-win-7-64-bit-nvidia-gt-320-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to USB signal working randomly, stops Video lost hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I never really had an issue with my computer till about days ago when the video signal was randomly lost and the USB ports working lost randomly, USB stops signal Video stopped functioning halfway through a video All these happened while the computer was still running and everything seems fine in there The only way to get it back running again would be to hard reset it and even then the problem will just surface at random points in time particularly as soon as windows boots up Booting into safe mode seems to not surface the issue and I have already downloaded the latest drivers for everything else Can anyone point me as to what may be causing it I have read that it may be the RAM GPU or PSU My bet will be on my year old Sapphire Radeon HD failing but I don't want to replace it till I'm sure that's the only problem that needs to be fixed Your quick responses are greatly appreciated Setup Mobo Asus H -PLUS GPU Sapphire Radeon Video signal lost randomly, USB stops working HD PSU Thermaltake W RAM GB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401670-video-signal-lost-randomly-usb-stops-working.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm selling my nbsp HP Pavillion p - t desktop Factory After Reset Lost Signal Monitor Attempt computer so I went through the process of transferring my data to my new machine and factory reset nbsp In Windows -bit I chose the option to reset to factory settings as well as delete all data nbsp I also chose the option to clean the disks since I'm selling it nbsp It went through the process and everything seemed fine so I stopped watching it once it started to slowly raise the percentage of Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt completion this was over several hours nbsp The last percentage I saw it at was around when the next time I looked at it the monitor was dark nbsp I figured that I had to move the mouse or hit a key to wake it back up as it was possibly done but this didn't work nbsp I gave it more hours to see if it would sort itself out and at this point I knew something was wrong so I tried shutting Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt down the computer and still the problem continued nbsp There is no signal to the Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt monitor although the computer turns on fine The monitor is connected via DVI and the monitor is a HP W a nbsp Things I've Tried nbsp Using a different cableUsing a different monitorConnecting to the onboard DVI rather than the graphics card Nvidia GT DVIConnecting via HDMIBlindly trying to reset the BIOSChecked internal connections nbsp I suspect it may have something to do with video drivers but don't know how I would install them without seeing what I'm doing nbsp This is certainly an issue with the machine rather than the monitor nbsp This is not a matter of data recovery but a matter of restoring a fresh install of Windows so the computer is ready to sell Thanks

A:Monitor Signal Lost After Factory Reset Attempt

Do you have another dvi port in that gpu?  If so switch the dvi ports and see if you get a signal.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Monitor-Signal-Lost-After-Factory-Reset-Attempt/td-p/5697083
Relevancy 48.59%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 47.3%

My display shuts off lost signal windows freezes tower stays running without a hiccup My display or displays shut off and windows freezes when playing games It started with Fps game loading inside of a window the size of the screen instead of full screen I then tried playing another graphically demanding game with the settings maxed and the display shut off after several minutes of gameplay Over time it gradually got worse and worse until it would shut off the display as soon as it loaded windows I thoroughly cleaned the entire case and components cleaned and recovered the system back a couple years and I got a full week of Gaming on maxed out settings without issue Repeating the same steps didn't yield the same results and the display shuts off At around certain points every time in certain games the display will lose signal Its been like this for over a year and I think I narrowed it down to faulty drivers or overheating gpu If it's faulty drivers do I delete all present drivers and replace them with the newest If it's a overheating gpu do I take it apart and replace the thermal paste Any suggestions I maybe completely wrong PC Desktop Custom build OS Windows home premium bit CPU AMD Phenom II x t Motherboard Gigabyte FXA-UD Memory Patriot g DDR x Graphics Card s GeForce GTX shuts running. lost stays off, freezes, Display widows signal, tower ti mb Sound Card Onboard Monitor s Displays SCEA quot stereoscopic D Dispay Screen Resolution x htz Hard Drives Western Digital Velociraptor g rpm x in Raid PSU OCZ w Case Antec Cooling x Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running. mm blue lit case fans Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running. mm top fan Keyboard Microsoft ergo Mouse Cyborg R A T Antivirus Advance system care ultimate

A:Display shuts off, lost signal, widows freezes, tower stays running.

Hello and welcome Atemup mate the GPU driver would be a good start Drivers | GeForce it is the latest driver and did wonders for my three desktops.

You could also check this
UsingHW Info PSU

Download HW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download -(copyand paste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the runninginformation in the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand windowclick on the + for the individual device groupings and they will open out tothe various components.

Go on opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it will highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed description of that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailed and are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

To get the PSU volts you need to select the Sensor button circled in yellow in the pic for PSU testing do the same and scroll down the readout as in my pic to where it has Nuvoton = yours might be a different section name / title. Post back a pic of that please.

If you want a more definitive test see this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/301799-psu-test-dc-output-voltage.html but please only use a digital multimeter and not an analogue as they inject typically 9v into a circuit to test and into a 3.3v or 5v rail - not a good idea!!see the partial pic of the correct sort of meter in that tutorial. details if you scroll down that listing.

Now a good reference article is this
Voltage Rails - Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications it will explain in detail what the voltages are and functions of the PSU/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/347799-display-shuts-off-lost-signal-widows-freezes-tower-stays-running.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been infected with something for a few weeks now. When I was first infected one of those fake antispyware boxes popped up along with a hard drive failure icon. This virus has wiped out all of my pictures and files and redirects me everytime I search on the intenet. I have tried malwarebytes, avg scan, system restore, using the notepad and deleting host files then reseting my internet explorer settings ect... Nothing is working. I have attempted to read a few posts here and am obviously too computer illiterate to do anything further on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:I am lost! Virus redirecting internet, lost all files and pictures..

BOOT THE PC INTO SAFEMODE WITH NETWORKINGDownloadhttp://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exeRun the unhide FIXDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Please download GMER from here(doesnot work on 64 bit OS)http://www2.gmer.net/download.phpTemporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply. DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443466/i-am-lost-virus-redirecting-internet-lost-all-files-and-pictures/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi if possible slow wireless boosters, signal, Internet extending etc. internet I d like some help with my home internet and what the best ways round it are - I am four stories above the main wireless Internet boosters, extending wireless signal, slow internet etc. hub and we have a devolo booster on this floor This works absolutely fine for the computer which is plugged directly into it but any computer or phone etc which tries to connect via the wireless Internet boosters, extending wireless signal, slow internet etc. from the booster is almost unusably slow - and definitely unusable if more than one device is connected What is the best thing I can do to improve this I thought perhaps another booster halfway between the main hub and the booster might help but is there a better way of doing it Also how to put a password on a devolo booster This one was set up before I got here and stupidly didn t have a password on it - turned out half the neighbourhood was using it I blocked them all from the bthomehub site but have to go back every week or so to check nobody new has connected which is a bit of a pain I am another desktop on this floor for myself which will need quick internet for work purposes - maybe getting a booster which I can plug in manually But would this help the signal for wireless devices Help with this would be VERY much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Internet boosters, extending wireless signal, slow internet etc.

do you have the exact model number of the device

you may be able to use a powerline which uses the electrical wiring to transfer the signal
so you plug one end into a socket near the router with a LAN cable connected to the router
and then another one plugs into a socket on the 4th floor and you can get a wireless option - although never used

you could also use an extender on 2nd floor

If you have a laptop wireless enabled - try using xirrus (see below) - see below to map out the signal strength - for an extender to work - it needs to be in an area where its getting a good signal - I would suggest -50 to -60 on the xirrus - BUT the signal must not fluctuate below -70 - hence the graph is useful to monitor for a few minutes

need the exact model to see how to apply security - but you probably need to connect to the unit and then using its IP address you log into the configuration pages and add the wireless security

it should use IP address assigned from your homehub - add mac address to the home hub , although that can be overcome - it will stop the casual user

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-boosters-extending-wireless-signal-slow-internet-etc.1101481/
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear Forum After constant stress with online software changing my PC settings adobe one of many I wanted to separate my main computer from the internet This I tried I turned off broadband I then removed all my browsers virus and malware protection and gave my hard-drive a bit of a quot spring clean quot Trouble is I am no longer able to use Excel Hyperlink If I click on a Hyperlink I get the message quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot I have googled the problem and was led to slipstick com problems link restrict htm and the solution to the lost Hyperlinks was due to me deleting my browsers I reloaded google downloaded and ran the wrong version of Internet Explorer I in and Internet a lost Excel Hyperlinks Explorer Lost 11 Have Windows Service Pack and I installed EIE EN-US WOL WIN EXE IE has installed Lost Hyperlinks in Excel and a lost Internet Explorer 11 but its invisible It is not in my control panel programs I tried to install the correct IE but I have remove the wrong one first I am assuming I will have to remove the renegade IE manually All help appreciated My spring clean involved deleting a lot of the Appdata Local and Roaming folders Regards Daniel I promise I won't ever try to separate my PC from the master ever again I just want to use my Excel its my living

A:Lost Hyperlinks in Excel and a lost Internet Explorer 11

Hi,
Repair Install

If no joy
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutsearch...pair%20install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393230-lost-hyperlinks-excel-lost-internet-explorer-11-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, I have a dell latitude d600 with xp installed on it. Yesterday, I got the blue screen with error message unmountable_boot_volume on it. I reinstalled windows and installed the necessary drivers and now that I got internet, it says I'm connected but the internet is so slow. The packets being sent/received is around 1,000.

What should I do?

A:internet connected with good signal, but slow internet

Hello!
Well, unmountable_boot_volume had more to do with your OS and Hard Drive than networking.
Any ways, pleas download the TSG system information tool and the post the results here.
LINK: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connected-with-good-signal-but-slow-internet.1018719/
Relevancy 43.86%

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Wifi signal fine, but getting ( "!" ) error msg and lost connection.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny6

My wifi signal is fine, but I've been getting a yellow ( "!" ) error msg over the wifi icon and losing connection every 5 minutes or so. Some quick background....... (Recently upgraded my dsl speed from ISP provider. Same modem and wifi router, but I did reset them a couple of weeks ago, but the wifi disconnecting just recently started.)

Anyway, just did a diagnosis, and it mentioned "DNS error".

The only thing I can figure is that I had at one point a couple weeks ago connected my ethernet cable to the laptop when having issues with resetting the modem. So under Control panel-network connections-change adapter settings, I disabled "local area connection" and the "wireless network connections 2 and 3" (whatever those are?).

Oddly, for the last 30 minutes hasn't been cutting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Johnny6,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know if there are other wireless devices on the same network and do they work correctly or not.

Also, have you tried updating the wireless drivers for your system or not. Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Check the system under safe mode with networking and let us know:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314710-wifi-signal-fine-but-getting-error-msg-lost-connection.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I've just moved house and my internet connection keeps disconnecting. I think it's due to having a very thick wall in between the computer and hub. It is on the same floor and about 15M away with one wall in between. There is no interruptions on the same channel.

I was just wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge could read anything from the results?

Also if the problem is the thick wall, will something like this help? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Uni...tender/dp/B003LAD8BY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top or will it have the same problem trying to go through a wall too?

Thanks for the help

Josh

A:Bad internet signal

I think it's due to having a very thick wallClick to expand...

The signal is too weak. You are probably correct about the wall being the cause, especially if it is a material that is a serious obstacle to Wi-Fi. If the path from router to computer is diagonally through the wall try to move one or both to make the path be as perpendicular (hence shorter through the wall) to the wall as possible.

If the distance from router to computer is also a significant factor (not likely) then the Extender may help. You would put the extender either on the router or the computer side of the wall. To test before buying temporarily place the router or computer at the location where you would put the Extender. If you get a signal at least -70 dBm and can connect OK then the Extender will probably help. If the signal is still too weak then you can be nearly positive that the Extender will not help.

Maybe there is a way to run an ethernet cable through or around that wall? Along heating/cooling duct or electrical wiring? By detouring to the basement or attic?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-internet-signal.1105906/
Relevancy 43%

Yes My computer recently was diagnosed with spyware. And when the problem first struck it wouldn't let my computer turn on at all. Though now I put it in the room across from mine and we cleaned it out a little it now turns on and I recently bought a [linksys] Compact Wireless-G Usb Network adapter with speedbooster. And after I downloaded it onto my computer it said that I had a signal yet when I went to internet explored that WHITE ERROR page came up saying that it couldn't access the internet. So whats the problem? Is it because the computer was once plugged into the wall and is now trying to access the internet wirelessly?PS: The computer is still infected with spyware also.

A:Computer Has Signal Yet Can't Use The Internet?

Well, first get the spyware off. Download and install Ad Aware, and run it in safe mode. (Press F8 while the computer is booting to boot into safe mode). After this, then tell me if it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90328/computer-has-signal-yet-cant-use-the-internet/
Relevancy 43%

I am running Vista Home Premium. My computer says that it is connected to the internet because it has a signal, both from wireless and cable. However, when I try to access the internet it says information cannot be displayed.

I have a Compaq Presario C700.

Originally thought it was a virus/spyware problem because all the hardware seems to be working fine, but ran a full scan on Symantec 10 levels deep and found nothing whatsoever.

In the network and sharing center, it says that it can connect to the unidentified network, but not to the internet at all.

This problem occurred shortly after removing Norton Antivirus from my computer.

Thank you, I would appreciate any suggestions!

-grape76

A:Internet not working, but has signal, please help, thank you!

Hello grape76

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to get rid of all traces of Norton

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-not-working-but-has-signal-please-help-thank-you-293780.html
Relevancy 43%

I am using a ZTE9h modem as I did before my laptop was inop, I repaired the laptop but  I receive to internet  good when I am close to the modem . However, when I am 4 feet far there is no signal. How I know which one is bad the laptop or the router. Thanks for your reply,
mloo55

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504664/internet-signal-weak/
Relevancy 43%

Is there anyway I can stop my internet signal from fading in and out?

this is my desktop, and it has a NETGEAR wireless card in it. the routers hooked up to the other desktop in another room.

is there any setting for this not happen?

thanks

A:wireless internet signal

Probably the easiest way is one or two external antennas to boost the signal strength. I'd start with one on the router, and if that isn't enough, put one on the desktop. If those are the only things using the wireless, use directional antennas for better signal strength.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-signal.381798/
Relevancy 43%

Help me! Please I had a problem with my computer before, but you guys told me nothing was wrong except that there was hardware failure, thanks I got it fixed, but now I think I reset some settings && my internet isn't working && I need to use the internet to finish school work, but that's beside the point.

Here's the deal I got a IBM ThinkPad with Windows XP on it && wireless internet, but I get strong signals && the connection is excellent, but when I try to use the browser && go to a website it says this page cannot be displayed, so it doesn't make the transfer in or out, help me please. I don't know if it's maybe the firewall settings, the ActiveX controls, or my internet is just a silly hoe Lol.

A:My internet gets signal, but no transfer. Help Me!

Click on start>run type in cmd and click on OK, you will see the command prompt. Type in ipconfig /all and tell us what the IP Address, and DNS's are.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-internet-gets-signal-but-no-transfer-help-me-67111.html
Relevancy 43%

Toshiba satellite L875D laptop with windows 8.1
my windows 8.1 laptop keeps stating that I have limited or no internet accessibility and drops the signal often

A:Dropping internet signal

do you have other devices connected to the internet via your router and are they working OK

can you provide a screen shot of xirrus and also which network is yours please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
( the site now appears to require a business email, and does not allow webbased emails like gmail,hotmail or yahoo etc )

Use the links below

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropping-internet-signal.1128403/
Relevancy 43%

k, for some reason i keep losing my internet connection, seems like if i try to open more than two tabs, and some times itl just drop, now im tryn to think if i did any thing that coulda caused this problm, but im drawing a blank. however my internet is wireless broadband, and im using a desktop, im going thru a usb. it has been doing fine untill now, other than its a lil slow, well alot slow, lol. as always your guys help is apprected greatly

A:keep losing my internet signal?

Hello jasond19 I had that happen to me about a year and a half ago. I had my wireless in the front of my desktop and it kept doing the same thing so I moved it to the back of my computer and things went back to normal I have had a usb that has either gone bad or something else is bad but try another port and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287294-keep-losing-my-internet-signal.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all
Ok Im working on a Dell inspiron e1505 I have good network signal with both the windows network and the dellwireless wlan connection. I have disabled one or the other and reinstalled drivers and programs but I still cannot access firefox or IE I receive a -The page cannot be displayed- or in firefox a Failed to Connect error. Ive juggled the settings with no luck. This also appears when I direct cable connect at home. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Great signal but no internet

Can you access other network resources? (ie. a file share on another computer..)

Try pinging another server from a CMD prompt.

If you can ping another server, check your proxy settings in IE and Firefox. Set them both to "auto-detect" settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-signal-but-no-internet.729038/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an older ativa router don't know the model number right off but it has worked fine and I have 4 hardwired computers wired in and on occasion i use my netbook for a wireless connection. I haven't used it in a few weeks and now it won't work. nothing has been changed on any computer. I can sometimes get a connection but it show packages sent but none received and wont work. do you think the wireless part of the router went bad and how do I know how to check. Please help need the wireless service for my netbook and my new laptop which would not pick up the signal either and i have no password or restrictions on it . They normally just pick it up and work. Please help if you know what i need to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-wireless-signal-on-wireless-router.170898/
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought a new desktop pc with vista home premium. There's is only 1 room seperating my new pc and the router setup right here. I'm connected to the network on my new pc but I only get 2 out of 5 bars. All there is between them is like 20 ft and a wall. Why is it doing this? Is there a way that won't cost me money?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-internet-signal-strength-197603.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently added a renasis 1 watt 2,4ghz amplifier between my alfa 1000 mw wireless card and my 13 gain antenna and my signal strength went up from 84 to 88,but now I cannot get on internet if I remove it everything works but downloads are very slow any ideas Lou

A:added amplifier better signal no internet

Is there any product page you can post? also it that amplifier bi-directional?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135121-added-amplifier-better-signal-no-internet.html
Relevancy 42.14%

The signal appears excellent, however the internet doesn't work. Well, a few details. The router is in the basement, 3 floors up is the computer receiving the signal. I have an extender on the second floor that's 54mbps, however on the computer it says "Excellent 108Mbps" or something of the like. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, another user can connect to the wifi on the network. Any ideas?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

The laptop is my wife's Sony Vaio running Windows Vista Business wirelessly connecting to BT router. This worked successfully for some time.

We have recently encountered a problem whereby the laptop was wirelessly connected to our router but could not contact the server(s) for Internet access.

I have been trying to resolve this and suspect I have deleted something important in trying to delete and reset the network properties.

We now have a situation where the connectivity is shown as "limited"; when I disconnect and try to reconnect the process fails; and we have no Internet access.

I am not that familiar with Vista as my own laptop runs on XP.

I should add that my own laptop is accessing the Internet fine in our house.

Can you help please?

Ian

Relevancy 42.14%

How does signal strength affect internet download speed? I get very poor speed at hi signal strength, and OK speed at low signal strength. Very strange!

Relevancy 42.14%

I can not access the internet with any of three browsers, IE8, Chrome or Firefox. It says I have a strong wifi signal and that I am connected. The error message says that I cannot access teh server. Our wifi is not encrypted. Any help would be appreciated.

A:I cannot access the internet even with good signal

1. This isn't the right place to post.
2. The problem is not from your computer, you will need to
Contact your ISP (internet service provider) about your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282343-i-cannot-access-internet-even-good-signal.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a HP G laptop and it randomly disconnects from the internet even though it still has full wireless signal However if I signal internet losing Laptop turn the laptop degrees or lift it above Laptop losing internet signal my head it will reconnect The laptop will also only work in certain rooms of the house and not others even though it receives a similar strength signal in all of these rooms For example it will work in my bedroom which is upstairs and on the opposite side of the house to the router but will not work in the living room unless i hold it above my head which is right next to the router A second HP laptop in the house has no problems and will remain connected no matter what room it is in and how is held The two can be right next to each other both with full signal and one will be connected to the internet and the other wont I have tried updating the drivers on the laptop but this has made no difference The router is an echolife HG b The hp laptop which has the problem has a Broadcom network adaptor where as the laptop which works fine has a Realtek network adaptor nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am new to this forum looks great my problem is I all of a sudden lost my Internet connection good wifi signal all lights on my Motorola 5100 on as should be and all lights on my netgear n150 router which is a new one as I thought it was this so any help would be apprieciated computer I am using as windows profesinal installed.

Relevancy 42.14%

Laptop got a virus and I used system restore. When the computer came back up, it would not connect to the internet. It is a wireless signal and the computer recognizes the signal is there, but it won't connect. The connection box says "Connections are available". It also says "Not connected" and "Limited access". How can I get this fixed?

A:Wifi signal is there but won't connect to the internet

and welcome to the Forum

What exactly hapens when you try to connect? . .

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-signal-is-there-but-wont-connect-to-the-internet-616647.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok I m really a computer noob and have no idea what is going on but my dell inspiron n running windows keeps losing internet connection It s done it on and off every now and then for a computer losing keeps signal internet while but lately it s been computer keeps losing internet signal doing it ALOT and I can t stand it what happens is this I will just be doing computer keeps losing internet signal something working in word surfing the net downloading something in steam pretty much anything and all of a sudden my internet will just stop steam downloads stop internet explorer wont load new web pages all my downloads on bit torrent trail off no nothing illegal Skype disconnects ECT But when I go to the network bars thing at the bottom don t know what it called it still says I m connected to my network with full internet access sometimes it will reconnect after a few minutes sometimes I have to go reset my router which will work for a little while but after it happens the first time it always happens more and I m stuck resetting my router over and over again just to keep doing what I need to do I m fairly sure it s my computer because it happens on my network my friend s network and several public networks It does it both on Wi-Fi and a wired connection and my computer is the only one on the network that this happens to I have been searched the web a bit to find some solution to this frustrating problem and the only thing I found that sounded like my problem which suggested turning off a power management tick on my wireless antenna did nothing This problem is really annoying and I have given up browsing the web for a solution but I don t want to bring my computer to my local tech support place which sucks unless I have to so please help me nbsp

A:computer keeps losing internet signal

Have you tried disabling your firewall/anti-virus? Sometimes they can cause problems with connectivity especially if there is more than one of each. I don't suggest doing this for a long time, of course, just enough to see if that might be the source of the problem.

If that doesn't fix it, you might want to try re-installing the drivers for your wireless card for the manufacturer. Have you installed all the recent Windows Updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-losing-internet-signal.1071931/
Relevancy 42.14%

So, I have just bought a Windows 8.1 Key and I have tried to install it via the updater not fresh install. The issue I am having is that it keeps saying...
"We can't connect right now
Check your internet connection and try again"
Things attempted to solve the issue:
1. I have restarted my router and my PC and hasn't made a difference.
2. I have looked on the internet mainly forums and YouTube but I can't find a fix.

P.S. I was not sent 2 keys only 1 For 8.1 so I don't know if that will make a difference.

A:Can't connect right now, Please check you internet signal.

Try looking at this tutorial Windows 8.1 - Update to from Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66314-cant-connect-right-now-please-check-you-internet-signal.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

ive got a Dell studio 1555 running 64bit, for Some reason when ever i connect to a router watever make or model my computer Will connect to it but only with Limited access,

Ive tried everything from rebooting the wireless adapter in my laptop, reseting the router, diagnose and repair and and ? whole other bunch, i just cant get it working,
Can anyone help me? Thanks in Advance

A:Signal strenght exellent, yet im not Able to use the internet

If you are in an Administrators account press Windows key and R
Type CMD press enter in the box that opens type ipconfig /all and press enter. It will give you detailed information on all your settings.
To see a list of commands type ipconfig /?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282237-signal-strenght-exellent-yet-im-not-able-use-internet.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just got Hughesnet with my Vista PC. But I have two other PCs I am trying to hook up with a router (netgear) I have a Vista laptop and an XP desktop. They are both getting strong signals but no internet. I have been on the phone with netgear for hours and they say it is a PC problem not a router problem. I am so lost and frustrated. I have had Dial-up for so many years. I want this to work! Please help me.

Relevancy 42.14%

Can someone please please help me I m tearing my hair out This problem has been intermittent for weeks but is getting worse and the guys on BT s helpline were about as helpful as a crocheted condom My partner and I work from home - she s on a Dell laptop downstairs I m on the desktop HP pc upstairs We re using a wireless connection through a BT homehub Every morning when I log onto the PC I have to reset the local network adapter in order to go online - it solves the problem every time The real issue is with the laptop It keeps dropping connection and even when it shows up with a full signal it can t connect to the internet on laptop signal, Full internet but no and when it does it s really really slow I ve tried resetting the IP address I ve gone in to make sure the network isn t hidden I ve checked the WEP key I Full signal, but no internet on laptop ve even had it right next to the pc which helps only marginally occasionally Please help We can t afford to buy another new laptop and I can t work out what the Full signal, but no internet on laptop problem is I m no techie - I know one end of a USB from the other and I can work to a set of instructions but I really really need your help Ideas Suggestions Full signal, but no internet on laptop Big box of chocolates and a lifetime s supply of gratitude to the winner Thanks Taz x nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone..
Whenever my router is outside 1 meter radius, though the signal strength is good enough, I am unable to connect to the Internet. All other laptops and phones work fine with a lot lesser signal strength.. but my Laptop won't connect and it asks me to Troubleshoot!!!
I have a HP Compaq notebook with Win-7 Ultimate, the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn.

I have been facing this issue for a looong time now and I have to put my router right next to my laptop to use the internet.

PLEASE help !

Thank you

A:Can't connect to internet when signal strength isn't 100%

i have seen network issues with non genuine windows
did the laptop come with Win-7 Ultimate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-when-signal-strength-isnt-100.1158551/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I picked up a nasty virus over the wknd, but finally got it wiped & my pc is running normally, except for the internet. I cannot connect to it. It shows I have a strong signal, & I also have a LAN, but there is no communication between my laptop & internet. I've tried resetting winsock; ipconfig shows NO ip, & I continually receive a "unable to query host" error. I've checked drivers & reinstalled drivers on the network cards, downloaded MS Mr. Fixit tools, etc, all to no avail. I have not reloaded XP. I suspect there should be a quick & easy registry fix (I hope). Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I m having an odd problem as of a few days ago All of a sudden my wireless stopped working on my desktop I live in a small apartment behind my landlords house and I have a long-range wifi thingy so I thought maybe it fell Long story short after trying things I ve My no internet wireless signal connection has but managed My wireless internet has signal but no connection this the internet will resume connectivity for My wireless internet has signal but no connection about minutes if I navigate to in my browser It will appear to be searching fruitlessly at first just like everything else but then voila it pops up and then magically other things will work too like my browser steam etc Unfortunately it lasts about or minutes and after that it s dead I try again I ll get about a minute I can game it by constantly navigating the page and keeping the floodgates open somehow I wish I knew how But if I don t game over A little background - our internet is complete crap I don t think it s the service per se but something to do with our house router modem or some such infrastructure is really bad Can anyone advise me to help tackle this problem My landlord is not savvy at all and I have to be really circuitous when I try to get things like router passwords because he s suspicious that anything I do will wreck the entire system But his stuff seems to work a little better and of course he doesn t use it nearly as much as me if at all I really don t know nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello!
I recently set up a home network with a 2wirerouter that uses both wired and wireless connections.
Problem: My Ibook picks up the wireless signal, but i cannot access the internet.
Everytime I open safari, i get a quote like "cant find the webpage"
Can you help?

A:Ibook gets signal, cant connect to internet.

Have you logged on to the router and permitted the ibook to access the internet? Generally, a router may authenticate you to the wireless network but will not authorize you to access the internet service without permitting it through user interaction through the gui.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibook-gets-signal-cant-connect-to-internet.564425/
Relevancy 42.14%

please help up until yesterday my wireless network at home has worked perfectly we have cable internet through cox my roomate s linksys router wrt g has no signal, Solved: but Wireless internet given us zero issues on both my windows xp sp laptop xbox ps wireless and my roomate s macbook pro yesterday my roomate attempted to add a linsys range expander wre g ver to our downstairs since our router is upstairs and signal isnt that great in our basement during or just as he began that installation our wireless stopped working our security Solved: Wireless signal, but no internet enabled network suddenly disappeared from our network lists but hardwired both of our machines still connected even my xbox i performed a factory reset on our router hold reset button in for sec then unplug and plug back in and renamed and setup our wireless network while hardwired at this point both of our computers showed that Solved: Wireless signal, but no internet we were connected to the router wirelessly and that we had plenty of signal strength however upon opening our browsers NO webpages would load i could stll get to our router settings page though weird SO i took out the linksys router reset my cable modem and hooked up my netgear router WPN v after configuring and setting everything up i get THE SAME PROBLEM plenty of wireless signal quick connection to router NO INTERNET what am i doing wrong Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I am sorry but I am kind of a novice when it comes to my computers I will tell you what I know I have a Sony Vaio VGN-B Laptop I also have a wireless Laptop signal connecting internet to not network I set up in my house and it has been working Laptop not connecting to internet signal without a problem for about a year now The other day I went to log on and it started showing me an error in Internet Explorer I tried the laptop that I am using to write this message and I am connected to the same network without a problem My ISP is from Brighthouse Cable and their suffix is cfl rr com My cable modem is a Touchstone Telephony Modem by Arris Model TM G My Router is a Linksys WRT N Wireless-N I am using Windows XP I really don t know why it just stopped working on that computer but everything else including my WI-FI printer are working fine When I ran ipconfig all on my laptop this is what I got Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME JOSHUA gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Josh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cfl rr com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cfl rr com Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F - F- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - A- - -EA C DOCUME JOSHUA gt Thank you for anything you can do to help with this nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a complicated problem aren t they all I had Adelphia Internet and it worked well They switched over to Comcast and within a week my high-speed internet connection was intermittent The techs came to my house Signal? Internet Cable Weak and decided I had a weak signal but they couldn t fix it because when the basement was finished the wiring was walled up The issue according to Comcast is that the splitter goes primarily to the TV instead of the modem Now I ve never had a problem with this in the past only when it became Comcast Because my connection is extremely fast the rest of the time I don t think it s weak only intermittent Sometimes when I get the error Page Cannot Be Displayed there is a very weak connection When I ping the response time is slow and or don t return or all I noticed today that there were about svchosts running at one time I don t know what svchost is but when I shut that down the internet worked for a Weak Cable Internet Signal? second before Weak Cable Internet Signal? my PC restarted I have a HiJackThis logfile that might help What is going on Thanks a lot in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Weak Cable Internet Signal? C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Donnie Desktop Utilities HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar DNA Toolbar - ECB FB - - F- FD- AD B - C WINDOWS system DNATO DLL O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Options group INTERNATIONAL Internationa... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

I just switched from at amp t dsl to cable internet I have two computers they are networked thanks to internet Malware apparently signal blocking the help i received here one is a desktop getting internet signal through a ethernet connection the laptop is getting internet wirelessly at first the laptop received the signal from the new router then Malware apparently blocking internet signal it quit the desktop never received a signal through the wire in the command prompt on both computers i determined that the signal was getting to the cable modem router both computers say they are connected to the internet through this router but i cannot get a signal on either computer I cleaned both computers using SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes anti malware i was able to Malware apparently blocking internet signal get the signal wirelessly on the laptop after cleaning for only about ten minutes at a time I am still able to access data on desktop through the network BUT from the laptop i cannot get the signal from the modem router with the cable internet I temporarily hooked it back up to the dsl router to get internet I am also unable to access data on the laptop from the desktop computer at this time Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the desktop more cleaned up so perhaps it will pick up the signals properly I will also attach my hijackthis log Thank you vey much Linda Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PremierOpinion pmropn exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe Malware apparently blocking internet signal C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Configuration Utility RtlWake exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP SSDK exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groov... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-apparently-blocking-internet-signal.743969/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I am posting in this forum once again because of the excellent help I've gotten in the past I was unsure whether or not to put this topic in the Networking Forum or the Windows XP forum but considering I can go to the signal see -- cannot Icon Internet strength gone Wireless internet and download upload files I think it's more of a windows issue On the bottom right hand corner of my screen I previously had the wireless internet icon You know the Wireless Internet Icon gone -- cannot see signal strength one with two lights on it and it displays your Wireless Internet Icon gone -- cannot see signal strength signal strength and connection speed Well it's now gone I'm not sure why as I've not done anything different but it is not showing up I even installed the Linksys drivers to see if it would display the information there but I cannot even get the connection wizard to find it Whenever I double-click on my Wireless connection in the Network Connections window it doesn't pop up anything Like so Sorry about the mess I assure you I miss my photoshop more than anything blasted installation disk has got to be around here somewhere The second icon Linksys is the network adapter It's supposed to be green when a connection is found and connected yet it is not This is where the connection is supposed to be shown yet isn't Now this is my wireless connection in the Network Connections folder inside the Control Panel It says it is connected but when I double click it nothing happens I know this isn't a bad problem as I can still connect to the internet and go about my daily activities but it does not show my signal strength or connection speed It's the fact that it used to and now doesn't is what I'm concerned with I have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Model No WMP GSv and the system is free of viruses adware spyware and such Thank you and if there's anything you can do to help I'd GREATLY appreciate it Off topic I was wondering if perhaps you guys had a PayPal account or a subscription thing setup where you could donate to this cause I'm sure it's not the only time I will have to visit this site and I would be willing to help out financially if necessary

A:Wireless Internet Icon gone -- cannot see signal strength

Is there a "radio enable" setting in the linksys config. utility?

Check your router settings to be sure it is broadcasting

Have you disabled windows wireless configuration?

If your network was not encrypted, it's possible someone got in and changed your settings

These are issues relevant to other manufacturer's and may be relevant to Linksys

donate

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support from a forum user!

bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-icon-gone-cannot-see-signal-strength-93950.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have wireless internet through Time Warner Cable. We use an Apple Airport for our internet connection. I have brought a client's laptop home to do some work on it as it has the software I need to use for the project I am doing for them. It is a Gateway laptop that usually functions in a wireless environment of a Linksys Router. It says that I have excellent Signal Strength but there is no connection to the internet. I called Time Warner and it is not a problem on their end. I called Apple and was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told there was nothing they could do since our Mac Laptop is working fine.

I am not computer illiterate but I am not a computer whiz either so please explain more advanced suggestions. THANKS!

A:Excellent Signal Strength No Internet Connection

Hello and welcome to TSF

I think Your question might be better answered in a Networking forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/excellent-signal-strength-no-internet-connection-194454.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all,

Straight to the issue:

My internet has been fine, for a while now... then all of a sudden i am not getting a signal...

what i know:
- there were no cable outages in my area
- i have a 2:1 cable splitter in my room (1 for tv and 1 for the modem)
- when i plug the cable from the jack right into the modem it works
- thinking the splitter might be bad i went and purchased a new splitter.
- i have tested multiple wires from the splitter to the modem

So i am not sure what i can do to resolve this issue... why would my modem not detect a signal coming from a splitter all of a sudden?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks ahead of time everyone!

Relevancy 41.71%

hi all, im having this weird problem for 5 days now, its really driving me crazy, so i have an alienware laptop, never had any problem before, this problem only happend about 5 days ago, everytime i start my laptop the network works fine, but after about 15 mins, the wifi automatically disconnects although the signal indicates excellent, i cannot browse internet or run anything that is connected to network, only by restarting my laptop can fix this; one thing funny about this is that if i open any sort of web page before this problem occurs, i can still browse that certain web page even after this problem occurs; ive tried to flush dns, reset net interface, obtain ip address manually, none of them worked, so here im hoping that somebody on this forum can help me out.

A:wifi no internet access with excellent signal

I would think about resetting the router if you haven't done so already. After resetting the router go through the wireless settings again, set your SSID, password and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232845-wifi-no-internet-access-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I searched but didn t seem to find any issue similar to mine I hope someone can help I just bought an ASUS ROG GL JW-DS laptop to replace my old Dell Studio which is falling apart after many good years of use In the last few weeks however that Dell Studio was having network issues that I assumed was a failing adapter Now however the same issue is happening with the new Asus it doesn t appear to occur with my Galaxy Ace phone with Slow Internet Full Disconnected and Signal though The issue is this Slow and Disconnected Internet with Full Signal While I have full signal strength and no discernible changes occur my Slow and Disconnected Internet with Full Signal browser Chrome in this case but it happens to all of them will cease to load any new pages--either the loading slows to a crawl or it fails with a DNS failure or timeout issue Downloads also cease it seems while this is occurring A few minutes later the internet will return to its prior full-speed and everything will work fine--but give it a little more time and this issue will reoccur In the end it fluctuates back and forth many many times throughout the day I can t seem to figure it out My ISP is Comcast and I am using their n Gateway Also the wired desktop in the house seems to work fine nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Just purchased a new Toshiba s6921.
I have full signal from a router, but when I try to go on internet explorer it tells me that the page can not be displayed.
When I clicked the diagnose my problem link, it gave me nothing.

Please help!

A:Full Signal, but internet explorer not working

Can you use other programs that connect to the internet? Such as updating your anti-virus program or any other program that needs the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214833/full-signal-but-internet-explorer-not-working/
Relevancy 41.71%

Up until two weeks ago I was able to connect to the internet via in my entire house Now my signal will say fair to good but no internet connection with IPV and IVP and no network access I have a netgear WNR and a gateway nv with windows The only things that have changed is a Vontage box was added to the system and the Host PC crashed The modem is a motorola sb and the ISP is comcast It works fine when I m really close but it was working for the entire house before Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users washintd gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name washintd-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Have router but Solved: no signal connection internet Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Solved: Have router signal but no internet connection Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C-E -BA-AA- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - A- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Solved: Have router signal but no internet connection Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C-E -BA-AA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F D- - F - EF- F B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D F - BCC- DDB- FE-CACAA BBE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E AAC-CC D- D -B -AA B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users washintd gt nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I ve been using the wireless modem with my laptop with great success for some months But all of a sudden it s really giving me jip I will be surfing away wirelessly in the room above the modem and it will lose connection going from = BAD! Signal good, Internet Connection strength = limited connectivity Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! to no connectivity at all And sometimes when it is connected the browsing is really sluggish But then at other times it s fine The modem is still in the same place it s always been and the Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! cordless phone I have is in exactly the same place Nothing new is near it Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! that could be causing conflict The only thing I can suggest is that my next door neighbour has just had his broadband line reconnected and is using a wireless modem The reason I think it may be this is because I had the same problem several months ago but then it just corrected itself and has been working perfectly fine until now I think although cannot be sure that this tallies with when my neighbour lost his broadband line Is it possible it could be that Also I recently upgraded to IE have been racking my brain to try and remember if the problem started at the same time but I don t think it did I ll be massively grateful for any advice offered as it s driving me up the wall what s the point of paying for a wireless modem and laptop if I have to sit within meters of the bloomin modem at all times Thanks in advance Denise xx nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi This website is awesome as I followed the details on how to clean the malwares It did work--- but I still have the same problem I was wondering if you guys could pls help me with my PC as it won't connect to the internet My PC is running on Windows XP - Has signal but can't connect to the internet My but signal, access Connected can't Internet w/ strong I Ethernet adapter is ADMtek AN PCI Adapter My modem is ZyXel P- while my switch is an Edimax My Laptop on Vista - OK - successfully connected to the internet Last week everything was working Connected w/ strong signal, but I can't access Internet fine until my PC suddenly lost it's internet connection The technician of my ISP came and he set-up a new connection that through WAN Connected w/ strong signal, but I can't access Internet Miniport PPPOE He changed my router settings' System ModeL from bridging to routing It was weird because it used to work fine as it is and I could automatically connect to the internet He told me that this time I would have to use the Wan Miniport to have internet access So Ok The next day when I rebooted my PC I was back to the same problem of no internet connection but still having that strong signal I could access the IP Address and the Diagnostic Test said that my connection was fine So I guess the problem is really with my PC being infected with malware I did everything I could I found some malwares but after cleaning my system out-- the problem is still there Initially when I typed ipconfig displaydns in cmd it displayed a lot of weird sites so that's how I knew that I was infected After running Malwarebytes' those were all gone-- but I still can't connect though What is left behind is the record name of in-addr arpa with the A lt HOST gt Record of Hope you would be kind enough to give assistance to a damsel in distress I have had sleepless nights researching and trying to fix the problem but to no avail Many thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeD PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat A... Read more

A:Connected w/ strong signal, but I can't access Internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235564/connected-w-strong-signal-but-i-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey
i just moved to another place and i've found out that there might be a jamming device around!
my internet speed goes up and down, a few moments it's high then it goes to half the speed
my mobile signal strength bar goes up and down and it hangs when i'm talking!
it's so strange,if my house has poor signal reception then it should be weak all the time but it has a trend,it looks stable for a few moments at low speed or high speed but suddenly wavers up or down. i think something is interfering? how can i find the jamming device.i know it's not from my end what should i look at?

i use WimaX for internet
my mobile is sony erricson vivaz
win7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/periodic-jamming-of-mobile-internet-signal.1029486/
Relevancy 41.71%

The internet in my house stopped working. I can not access from my hardwired playstation, any wireless or hardwired laptop. It gives me an error code 105 for google chrome. DSN lookup failure. From my phone using wifi it says there is no internet connection.
BUT

If i connect with a VPN using my wireless laptop, all of a sudden everything works fine.

I called comcast and they said they tested the signal and there is no problems with my internet connection. What could have happened where everything was working fine, then all of a sudden nothing is unless i use VPN

A:Internet stopped working but signal is great, BUT...

make and model of the modem / router
have you carried out a complete powercycle

it does seem strange you can vpn/tunnel through -
as its all devices its a router/modem / ISP issue
can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stopped-working-but-signal-is-great-but.1022807/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just got a wireless router for my house. I have tried to get it to work, but it just seems impossible. I have set up everthing I thought I could, but I still can't browse the internet. My labtop(Windows XP SP2) and desktop(same) both pickup the wireless signal and say the strength is great. When I try to access the internet though, I can't. Also I have a Mac Mini which picks up the signal, and can access the internet, so it must be something with the windows systems.

I have looked through some help forums and think I may have narrowed down what is wrong, but I have no idea how to fix it. I have done a network diagnostic scan and the only thing that failed was: DNSServerSearchOrder (FAILED). Connection timed out to all the IPs under that.

Any suggestions? If you need more information, please post.

Relevancy 41.71%

First time posting but have referred to old threads in the past - thanks to all I have Windows XP updated w SP on a compaq laptop with a Broadcom G-card updated driver I have DSL through SBC on a Speedstream b Finally tried to hook up a wireless network with a Belkin g wireless router - I opted to do this manually and followed the steps carefully If the laptop is directly plugged into internet signal No despite Solved: wireless strong one of the four router ports I get internet access through Explorer with no problem only when I have the router configured for dynamic connection interestingly However if I unplug it and go wireless despite an excellent signal I cannot access the internet Initially set for WPA but also tried WEP - still unable to browse By reading other threads I have some things to try like Solved: No wireless internet despite strong signal maybe just restarting the laptop Solved: No wireless internet despite strong signal and hope for the best disabling Solved: No wireless internet despite strong signal encryption etc but is there a more logical approach to this Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I have two desktops in the same room. Both are Dells running Windows XP. Computer A is attached to a Linksys Wireless G router. The cable modem is also plugged in to the router. Computer B has a Zoom Wireless G USB unit. The setup worked fine for several months. Now computer B says it has a strong signal, but it won't connect to the internet. I get a message asking if I want to repair the connection, but it doesn't complete the operation. It suggests that I contact the person who manages the network. Well, that's me, and I don't know what to do. I uninstalled, then reinstalled the Zoom unit. It worked for a few days, but now it is not working again.

What can I do?

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm a PC gamer so I need all the bandwidth I can get, and living slightly out of town I can only get 1.5 mbps. I've done diagnostic tests with my internet provider, Centurylink and it shows the signal is good. FTP tests under the command prompt show nothing strange.

However, whether I run IE, firefox or chrome the internet still runs slow. I'm trying to download ad-aware and when I'd normally get about 180kpbs download speed I'm only getting 30. I've done an AVG virus scan, a windows defender scan and found nothing but tracking cookies.

I've run CCleaner too, and still have this anemic speed. What could be going on?

A:[SOLVED] DSL signal is good but internet is slow

is the speed slow all the time or does it pick up when the internet is not so busy like late evenings or early mornings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-dsl-signal-is-good-but-internet-is-slow-495742.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi,
i am new to this world of networking so i hope u will not mind abt my questions.
is the speed of network decrease when low signal strength or
network connects/disconnects alot if low signal???

i have a 128Kbits/s internet connection which comes to an Acess Point. my PC is far from this AP, i just want to use internet would the speed of the internet(althougth it is already very low i.e. 128Kbits/s) will decreases??

thnx

A:[Wireless] Low Signal Strength and Internet Speed

If the signal is low, then the speed goes down. With low siganl, other RF siganl (such as cordless phone, other WIFI users, etc) can interfere with the desired signal causing errors, which results in re-send, which slow things down, sometimes it cauese total discoonect.

To resolve this, the wirless divices (router/pc) can be brought colser to each other, or gain antenna can be used on one/both to increase performacne.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-low-signal-strength-and-internet-speed.577796/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am running vista home premium 32 bit. Last week my computer lost teh ability to access the internet. I have a good wireless signal but no matter which browser I use I get the same message cannot acces the server. All of the other computers work fine including this one that I am using to post this message. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Relevancy 41.71%

I can't figure this one out, i had to replace my cable modem, my laptop A on wi-fi home network works fine on internet, however my other laptop B, has a belkin card that shows great signal strength but limited or no connectivlty to the internet (can't get on at all) The laptop A has an internal wifi card that uses windowsxp to connect to net, the laptop B has a belkin card that uses belkin software to configure the connection. i've tried retyping in the WEP, no luck. The cable guys said something about getting a new MAC address with the new modem, but laptop A connects fine, they're both set to autodetect settings. Help???

A:Signal Strength Good, But No Internet Connectivity?

Try this. Your computer could be infected with spyware causing it not to work properly. Try connecting it directly with a cat5 and see if you have the same problem. If so, it's your TCP/IP Stack (which the program above fixes). You will be able to fix it by running the program then visiting the following sites (yes, there's more, but these are the main ones I go for first):

Housecall
SpyBot: Search & Destroy
Lavasoft: Ad-Aware
AVG Anti-Virus (if you don't have any anti-virus)
Codestuff Starter (to find malicious programs)

Hope this information helps! Let me know if it does or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-strength-good-but-no-internet-connectivity.385922/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude with windows XP. Roughly a week ago it stopped working properly. The internet will connect but has no signal, even when I'm directly next to the router. All other computers on the network connect fine. Itunes and various other programs aren't working correctly either. I've run MalwareBytes and Rkill and come up empty. From my own experience I'm almost certain that there's a virus of some sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Connecting to internet with no signal, many programs not working either

Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415955/connecting-to-internet-with-no-signal-many-programs-not-working-either/
Relevancy 41.71%

My signal strength shows Excellent but my internet connection comes amp goes all of a sudden I read some other post as to what they did to resolve their issue so this is my info below Please help Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users tebako gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name tebako-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled little to internet strength no signal connectivity Excellent but No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e d cf d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F-A - - - B-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E FE NI C Physical Address - F- - -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A FEF-F C- - A- F FDF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C B- BE -B FD-B A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users tebako gt nbsp

A:Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity

Copied this from a post by pedroguy.

Ok:This is what we know about that Atheros adapter.Boils down to two possibilities :
Encryption and or driver issue.
I think both of those are covered below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...ess-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...d-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-signal-strength-but-little-to-no-internet-connectivity.1011864/
Relevancy 41.71%

This is a long-shot but I'm driven to it through desperation Using a wi-fi usb modem at G G not installed on local tower yet The device indicates a strong signal as does the iPhone which uses the same network however speeds are so slow that during the day I can't open a webpage with a single click amp it often not possible to send or receive an email As there is no alternative I have to grind my teeth but after over a year it's disheartening and I am now cautious about speed Strong - v.Slow internet Signal logging into sites which I must log out of eg bank because I've been caught unable to log out The long-shot question is this has anyone a suggestion as to what I might check to ensure that it's not some setting in the laptop which Strong Signal - v.Slow internet speed is causing this very Strong Signal - v.Slow internet speed slow speed I've checked the Firewall ie turned it off and tested speed then compared with it turned on no difference

A:Strong Signal - v.Slow internet speed

Use the speedtest website to figure out the speed ur getting

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378946-strong-signal-v-slow-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have Hughes net, I have everything pluged in between the Modem and the router. I have it connected just like I did at our last house, but nothing works. The only thing that is different is, I had Media Comm Internet last night and Hughes net this time.....
What am I doing wrong?

A:d link router sending signal but no Internet...

If media comm required you to input the internet information into the router, you will need to remove it and make sure that the router is automatically obtaining an IP address.

One way to make sure it's the router, have your computer connect direct to the modem. You should be able to go online that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-sending-signal-but-no-internet.997285/
Relevancy 41.71%

Here are specs of my computer and os.
HP Desktop
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5ghz
Ram: 2.00 GB (1.87 usuable)
32 Bit OS

Nvidia nForce Networking Controller

Running the Windows 7 7600

Any tips to prevent internet dropping while I'm away from the computer?
Everything is fine while im on the computer and surfing the web, etc...

Thanks,
ttt0649

A:Internet signal drops when comp idles.

Quote: Originally Posted by ttt0649

Here are specs of my computer and os.
HP Desktop
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x 2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5ghz
Ram: 2.00 GB (1.87 usuable)
32 Bit OS

Nvidia nForce Networking Controller

Running the Windows 7 7600

Any tips to prevent internet dropping while I'm away from the computer?
Everything is fine while im on the computer and surfing the web, etc...

Thanks,
ttt0649

Go to hardware, find your networkcard rightclick, properties, and go to energy tab, set "can save power" option off.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/17878-internet-signal-drops-when-comp-idles.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey,
I need help with getting internet to wireless router.
Here's the setup:
Cable internet to modem. Modem to desktop computer running vista via usb cable.
Ethernet cable from modem to WAN port of netgear n600 wndr-3400 v1.
Netgear LAN port to xbox 360. Netgear wireless to kindle.

I had the desktop and modem working alone for years just fine. Then I added the router and everything else and all that worked great for a couple of years. Then I realized somebody was using my wireless so I tried adding a password using www.routerlogin.net. Everything was screwed up. Then a tech told me to factory reset my router; then everything was worse.
I finally got internet to my computer. The wireless signal is excellent. I just can't get internet to the router. Please help.

A:internet to modem, no internet to wireless router, wireless signal good

do another factory reset and a powercycle

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes. We have found in some instances you need to wait at least 15 minutes
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-to-modem-no-internet-to-wireless-router-wireless-signal-good.1147204/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit on my laptop. I currently have Avast Internet Security installed and I have tried to uninstall the Avast software as I wish to change my antivirus software. I have tried uninstalling in safe mode using the Avast Clear utility. Unfortunately after using this utility the Avast program still remains on my hard drive in Program Files which I then have to delete manually. After doing so and restarting my computer I have no internet connection and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files. This is very frustrating and annoying and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to resolve this problem so that I can remove Avast without losing my internet connection.

A:Solved: Internet connection lost when avast internet security uninstalled

moved to networking forum

This is the program you are using
Avast
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe
correct

How to uninstall avast and also use the removal utility here
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=504

Have you also tried removing the program via control panel ?

and the only way I can restore my internet connection is by copying the Avast program back into my Program Files.Click to expand...

do you mean to just COPY or re-install ?

would you check the device manager and also provide an ipconfig /all when you have the problem
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-lost-when-avast-internet-security-uninstalled.1050440/
Relevancy 41.28%

We have computers excellent Laptop Solved: signal to gets won't connect internet but in the house - a Solved: Laptop gets excellent signal but won't connect to internet desktop and a laptop The desktop was connected to the modem and the laptop was wireless The laptop worked fine up until about the time we went wireless with the desktop We started getting intermittent internet access on both computers getting error messages that said quot Firefox can t find server quot but would reboot the machine or reset unplug and replug the modem and router which seemed to work for a little while Now the desktop seems to be working fine but the laptop won t connect to the internet at all It just says quot Firefox cannot find server for website quot However the wireless signal strength is excellent Here is the equipment I am using Arris touchstone telephony modem Netgear rangemax wireless router Dell Dimension desktop with Windows XP Compaq Presario V laptop with Windows XP Here is the full error message using the firefox browser Address not found Firefox can t find the server at website The browser could not find the host server for the provided address And using Internet Explorer The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings Any help would be greatly appreciated I can t live without my laptop Thanks you nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

My family and I have just bought a router so our home will be WiFi-ed. So, we connected the ethernet cable from a PoE adaptor to the router and powered them up. Afterwards, I set up the router through logging in to the website provided, I chose the option DHCP(cable) and enter the SSID and password that we decided. After saving the changes, we got connected but the icon is a yellow triangle within a signal saying "no internet access". We can't browse to any website but we are connected. What shall we do? Please help us.

btw, I'm using windows 7

Thank you!

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I used BT previously without any problems but now use Orange and now using the Internet downstairs is useless(weird flat configuration). The router is upstairs, next to TV(same location as the BT router). I dont know why the wireless Internet signal has become very weak. The only way I can use the Internet if I sit a few feet from the router. Even then, streaming videos on youtube still takes a while compared to BT. This affects all devices using wireless connection - even my Iphone is useless when used downstairs.

Signal interferance/ hacking? Router? Wireless adapter is up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 41.28%

Okay I ve been surfing around for a while now and found things close to my problem but nothing that is my problem We have a computer at work a laptop that has been connecting to the internet fine as of yesturday it stopped working It has excellent signal says it s connected but when you go to the browser there s no internet After searching we found that we have no IP address This is our cause for not connecting Strong Address...Help IP Internet, No Wireless Signal, No Laptop: hopefully When we did a repair it Wireless Laptop: Strong Signal, No Internet, No IP Address...Help says it s obtaining a new address and after a couple of hours of waiting we gave up Is this normal To wait for a long time to get a new ip address If so then we ll be patient If not how do we get a new ip address Or does the IP address not even matter and it s a whole other problem We re running Windows XP and our Router is a Linksys Broadband Router Wireless G ghs Model WRT GS Thanks for yalls help nbsp

A:Wireless Laptop: Strong Signal, No Internet, No IP Address...Help

Since all was working fine and you report no changes, First thing to do is power everything down, PC, Router etc. Then bring router back up first, then the PC and everything else. See if you get an IP address then, If not your DHCP may have run out of addresses or just stoppped working, Also make sure that the network cable has not worked it's way loose somewhere.

If that all fails, go into the router settings and see what it's IP address is and set your PC up manually with IP/ Default gateway/ DNS setttings

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-strong-signal-no-internet-no-ip-address-help.726664/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone This is a two part question I have a laptop running Win XP pro and a desktop with linux win xp home dual boot My router D-Link is on the second floor For some reason my desktop gets a very crappy wireless signal I have a US Robotics wireless card that uses more current than similar other cards and still my connection flickers between low and good This is a bit of an annoyance because my laptop gets almost perfect wireless signal with its Intel PRO Wireless connection I suppose my first question is Is it possible that and Internet Connection Weak wireless signal Sharing something is causing interference to my network in the proximity of my desktop The antenna is at the back of the PC I have a power bar and a big power box for my surround sound system Is it possible that these device are creating enough electromagnetic fields to degrade the signal so much Maybe I have some screwy drivers and its a software problem Any help would be appreciated My second part of the question is about internet connection sharing So lets say I just have a weak signal at the basement floor level compared to the desk level where my lap top is I thought well why not use a cross over cable and share my laptops wireless with the desktop Sounds like a cool plan I tried following a couple of tutorials with bridging connections and so on but it did not seem to work When I tried to connect in Linux it just would not work Now I must admit I havnt tried it on windows yet but I suspect it also will not work As I mentioned my lap top has a Intel R PRO Wireless ABG drivers and their website says that they Weak wireless signal and Internet Connection Sharing specifically dont support shared internet connections My question is Is there any way to bypass this Maybe some program or a software trick Its a long post but any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Weak wireless signal and Internet Connection Sharing

There are a number of environmental issues which can cause weak wirless signals. I remember back when I lived in England, I had an old Victorian house - the walls in those houses are incredible thick (nice well built houses!) - anyway this as you can imagine this interfered with the wireless signal from the router upstairs to my laptop when I was downstairs. Aside from that, you are absolutely correct about electronic devices causing interference as well, with the signal. Generally I try to keep my router away from ANY electronic device, especially other computers. Watch out for cordless phones within close proximity of the router too, that can cause a lot of problems. I would definitely suggest experimenting a little with moving your surround sound system around and seeing if you can find a significant change in the signal strength.

If all else fails, you can always buy a wireless antenna which would boost your signal. They're reasonably cheap to get these days!

It might pay to just double check your Device Manager (Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager) and check under the Networking section to see if there are any notifications there showing that you have a driver issue with one or more of your devices (look out for a ! or even a red X). If every displays fine in there, then there's most likely no need to reinstall your drivers - it's still good to check for updates though!

I'm not sure about how to configure a wireless connection on Linux, and I'll have to have a browse through the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG manual to check the status of using ICS. I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home (if no one has already) I could provide some instructions for setting up a wireless ICS on a Windows machine.

Have a good day,

Virox

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weak-wireless-signal-and-internet-connection-sharing.714224/