Windows Support Forum

Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

Q: Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 57.19%

I need your help I got a real challenge for you I am confused I cannot locate the Internet connection loss source Every night for the past late evenings my Windows Pro -bit has been losing my Internet connection on -- Of Evening Identify To Connection Loss? Source Loss Unable Internet my desktop computer anywhere between PM- AM Last nights PM PM and PM I am on the computer most of the day and evening I would be working on something in the evening and when I load a web browser Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox I use I get their prospective home pages not to load I would get quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot from Internet Explorer and quot Server not found quot from Mozilla Firefox I also Evening Internet Connection Loss -- Unable To Identify Source Of Loss? notice my e-mail client's e-mail's visuals will not load too at the moment of Internet loss Here are some things I have observed that make it hard to identify the issue My cable ISP states via their tech support representative according to their system that I have a connection with no issues when I have no connection My cable modem shows normal signals on the LED at the time of no connection My wireless router shows normal signals on the LED at the time of no connection This is completely Evening Internet Connection Loss -- Unable To Identify Source Of Loss? hardwired home network Evening Internet Connection Loss -- Unable To Identify Source Of Loss? I have no wireless connections The motherboard back side of tower's Ethernet port's LED lights near the plug are both lit okay at the time of no connection I have VOIP service with the VOIP box's LEDs are normal at the time of no connection This is plugged into the router A matter of fact I have been speaking with the ISP tech support while I have no Internet connection on the computer Previous nights when this has happened my live streaming Internet radio console works without issues just like my VOIP service at the time of no connection Before this latest loss in Internet connection I swapped the router out with another newer better Gigabit router with the same connection arrangement of connections as the previous router again this same Internet loss happens I ran Internet Explorer's on screen quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot button at the time of connection loss At the end of the Windows Network Diagnostics I get quot Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot For the last few nights this has happened my ISP did a manual reboot of my modem I am told to reboot my modem and router and also my desktop computer When I do I am able to connect to the Internet once again I seem good for the rest of the night and most of the next day This latest Internet connection loss again the ISP did a manual reboot of my modem and consequently my router too This time I did not reboot my computer waited but I did not get any Internet Connection I have waited minutes this last instance Unless I reboot I do not get my connection back on its own I have checked my Windows 's Device Manager and all is good no issues The Internet connection icon in the Windows system tray shows no issues with disconnection at the time of Internet connection loss A few nights ago I re-installed my network adapter driver for Windows again but Internet loss still happens Immediately after I have rebooted my computer I ran a SpeedTest net for my high speed Internet cable service All tests are normal I am going to quit here at the moment I have given you a lot of information but not much information to go on If you can find any possibilities or thoughts what maybe going on here please let me know If you have any questions or need more details please let me know too Questions What is going on any thoughts or ideas Why the nightly drop Please help Thanks

A:Evening Internet Connection Loss -- Unable To Identify Source Of Loss?

Hi there,

Are there more Users late at night connected to the same broadband?

Who has access to the router settings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336727-evening-internet-connection-loss-unable-identify-source-loss.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows 8 on a 3 year old Dell.
Searching internet and page froze and mouse froze.  Unable to get to task manager.  Did a hard reboot.  On restart, computer went through autorepair loop.  After an hour, says it cannot be repaired.  Gives me options including system
restore, advanced options, etc.  but as I roll through them, find no earlier images for restore, etc.  Only option that appears might work (but I have not tried it) is one that says I will loose all personal files and updates.  Any thoughts? 
Would be nice to rescue personal files if I have to go this route?  BTW, the mouse is still non functional

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57ead4e1-2a87-4e1e-bfb6-35b26c519c7a/page-fault-non-paged-area-encounterd-after-hard-reboot-and-loss-of-mouse-function?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Recently, my Vuze, Moyea FLV downloader, and Amazon Unbox (just installed today) are unable to connect to the internet. I can't even complete the Unbox install because I get an error message every time I try to complete the setup.

I've gone through my firewall and added allowances, tweaked settings, everything -- I even turned it off to see if the Unbox install would finish properly. It didn't. I still got the error message telling me that it couldn't connect to the internet.
Did I break something in my logs? What's happened, here? Trillian and things like that work fine, it's just these certain programs.

Please, someone tell me what to do!

A:Certain programs blocked; not firewall's fault

What antivirus are you running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/149163-certain-programs-blocked-not-firewalls-fault.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I've just ran into one of my first issues in a long time computer specs in the profile but I was trying to install some programs today and whenever I get to the actual 'installation process' my computer BSODs I get the page fault in nonpaged area error and then it says CI dll and a bunch of other stuff I know installing programs, CI.dll fault while BSOD page my way around the computer until it BSOD while installing programs, CI.dll page fault gets to things like this I haven't had to deal with BSODs ever to be honest I can restart my computer and all will be fine but when I try to install anything I get that error screen and it's pretty frustrating I did a full scan with BitDefender and MalwareBytes and found nothing I do have my Windows disk readily available so if I need to replace any files that would be great I haven't tried reformatting or anything to that effect yet as I would like to keep my files in tact if possible I have attached the necessary zip file If there is any other information I can provide I would be glad to Thanks

A:BSOD while installing programs, CI.dll page fault

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff98029720000, 0, fffff88000db9ca6, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ESEADriver2.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ESEADriver2.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : CI.dll ( CI!SHATransform+236 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Both the dumps report the same thing, it is something to do with this thing: Start Menu\Programs\ESEA\ESEA Client
Not being a gamer I dont know what is this, but it is running from an unusual location: \??\c:\users\justin\appdata\local\temp\eseadriver2.sys
Which gives a hint that it might be a virus or malware faking the name of something else.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Download and install CCleaner, and run it. It will wipe the temps out.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370663-bsod-while-installing-programs-ci-dll-page-fault.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Well as the title implies Files, Programs, Etc. Loss of Folders, I have a really Loss of Files, Folders, Programs, Etc. big problem with my computer Last night I was playing Modern Warfare and all on the PC and when I decided to quit playing and exit the application I come to see a whole bunch of applications programs documents mostly everything missing from my desktop All of my music pictures and saved Word documents are all gone Even Internet Explorer is gone and I ve noticed that my Program Files folder and my Downloads section of my computer is gone too I Loss of Files, Folders, Programs, Etc. thought about a Loss of Files, Folders, Programs, Etc. System Restore but apparently there aren t any restore points as of now I just really need some help right now If it matters I m on Windows Enterprise -bit And oh after this encounter I decided to do a Quick Scan with MBAM and it found and quarantined an Exploit in one of my Temp files and I have absolutely no idea how it got on my computer in the first place I m not really sure if it s the cause of everything but I thought it d be helpful to know I d appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me get my files back as some of them are very very important to me Thanks

A:Loss of Files, Folders, Programs, Etc.

Is it just the icons on the desktop that are gone? Did you look to see if the files and folders are still on your computer?

If it is just the icons you can put those back on your desktop.

For your programs, go to your Start menu/All Programs. Do you have your installed programs listed? Click one, does it open?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428317/loss-of-files-folders-programs-etc/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have some strange behavoiur where programs such as Vuze uTorrent TuneUp last Fm Scrobbler don t seem to work I m also now havin trouble download an updated version of Java In some cases I get an error message saying please check Internet Connection OK Firewall On - no change and these have work for months and months without a problem and Spyware no change on those I did add a Proxy address to LAN connections in IE but have since deleted that - I don t think it s that I just don t have the knowledge to know how to tackle this Appreciate any advice where I can start looking Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Install Some a loss Don't Programs Don't Open, at Some I'm - Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - Some Programs Don't Open, Some Don't Install - I'm at a loss MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard KBC Version Antivirus Total Protection Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Thanks Tony nbsp

A:Some Programs Don't Open, Some Don't Install - I'm at a loss

why where you using a proxy?
And is this on a business network? maybe these apps have been blocked at the gateway level

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-programs-dont-open-some-dont-install-im-at-a-loss.1007383/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

First things first, here are the specs:
OS: Windows 7 - CPU: Intel Core i3, 2330M, 2.2GHz - Memory: 4GB - HD: 500GB - Model: ASUS A54C

I've had this computer for 6 months. I initially had TrueCrypt encrypting the whole hard drive. The performance was incredibly slow, so 2 weeks ago, I decrypted the drive and completely restored (formatted) Windows, restoring the 2 original partitions. After the restoration, I re-installed Norton 360, Microsoft Office 2011, Google Chrome, Firefox and Spotify. I have not re-installed TrueCrypt.

The computer is still painfully slow. It often crashes when performing simple tasks like web browsing. I am constantly reciving the following error message:

Quote:
Close programs to prevent information loss.

Your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs:

Spotify
Desktop Windows Manager
Asus Live Update

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Squid

A:Close programs to prevent information loss

Welcome to Sevenforums, Squideyes

Instead of filling all your specs in OS section, insert them in their respective sections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271882-close-programs-prevent-information-loss.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i get this message 24/7 now out of now where whenever i play league of legends(game)it always says close it to prevent memory loss really starting to pisss me off becasue i have 16 GB of FREAKING RAM i need this problem fixed ASAP.

A:Close programs to prevent memory loss. Please help!

Try to reboot the machine. If it still continues test your memory
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
If you pass memory test
Go to bottom task bar and right click
bring up task manager, go to resource monitor under performance tab
Then go to memory tab. What is using all the memory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326853-close-programs-prevent-memory-loss-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

on my emachines d2244 machine. I get random cpu spikes where the cpu usage will spike up to 100% cpu usage. this can happen anywhere from every 5 minutes to every hour and can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes in which during that time all programs lose performance and lag really bad. I was wondering if someone can help me get to the bottom of this

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi my computer has suddenly picked up a nasty problem and can open ALMOST NO programs Windows seems to have lost all file type associations I have no idea what to do and would be really grateful if someone could take a look at my problem This began today after file / Loss programs type of NO will associations open 'Windows Vista Antivirus' or similar popped up saying through a whole variety of error messages that several viruses and threats had been detected on my computer I had never noticed this program before I use AVG antivirus and could not close it or use it to remove said dangerous files without subscribing online for x and I suspected that this in itself was a virus I ran AVG antivirus which picked up nothing on my computer I then ran 'Malwarebytes' Antimalware' which found several threats After I rebooted my computer to remove the threats my real problems began Loss of file type associations / NO programs will open I get a variety of error messages when I try to open Loss of file type associations / NO programs will open programs For example when trying to open iTunes I get quot Application not found quot and with MSWord quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the Set Associations control panel quot When I try to load Internet Explorer I am propted with an quot open with quot window which has an Internet Explorer option as recommended but which fails to work Beneath there is an option to quot look for the appropriate program on the Web quot and clicking here loads up a working IE window so I know that my computer is capable of such actions Almost all of the quick-launch icons at the bottom right of my screen have also been removed I am running Windows vista and have tried to include all of the information that I could about my problems but don't know a great deal about computers Please could someone help me out Thanks in advance

A:Loss of file type associations / NO programs will open

Hi, and welcome to the forums, I think it best if you have our security people look at your system first. Read this and be patient they are busy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/loss-of-file-type-associations-no-programs-will-open-461990.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A buddy of mine helped me build my first computer a few months ago a bunch of people from PCPartPicker helped me figure out what components to get Anyways I'm not the best with computers the internals and what not but I'm pretty sure my computer should be able to handle some heavy stress I just recently I started getting this prevent information popup? to loss programs Close popup attached below which is kind Close programs to prevent information loss popup? of made me panic This time is said to close MB and then other time it would list - applications at a time I've never had this problems before with none of my computers I thought I got a virus as first Any idea if this is legit If so what is going on My old computer from - years ago was able to handle Chrome with tabs open Photoshop going Word Excel and other applications opened at the same time Never got an error like this before I'm on Windows by the way if that matters amp can post my specs if needed Any help would be much appreciated

A:Close programs to prevent information loss popup?

Is this the machine in your specs? Post specs if not.

With 8GB of RAM you shouldn't get that warning. Maybe some program is leaking memory. It is a legit warning, not sure the reported program actually responsible.

Open Resource Monitor, switch to memory tab and post a screenshot Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also check paging file options, right click computer - properties - advanced system settings - performance settings - advanced - change (also post a screenshot of this)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371988-close-programs-prevent-information-loss-popup.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I am new in this forum and i am here for your help. I am facing a problem in my laptop, the problem heading is 'close programs to prevent information loss error' and second line is your computer is low on memory. Save your files and close these programs
Firefox
Internet Explorer.
I am using OS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE - 64 BITS, DELL INSPIRATION 4110, cpu- 2.1, Memory-2048 MB RAM.

JPE image of the problem is here

please help me regarding the issue. So that i can resolve the problem.

thanks

A:close programs to prevent information loss error

Hello Ranafge, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Did you turn off the page file, or set it to be to low by chance?

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207054-close-programs-prevent-information-loss-error.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I used the refresh option because the Win8 apps weren't working. They're working fine after using the refresh option.

In the process I lost all the manually installed programs (I knew that would happen, although it wasn't stated very clear).

My question: Although the manually installed programs are gone (a lot!) the remaining disk space is still the same. Does anyone know what's going on here. Are the removed programs not removed or have they been backed-up?

Cheers,

Jake

A:Refresh option and loss of programs and disk space

Hi JakeZi, welcome to the forums, they will be in windows.old folder in C drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11395-refresh-option-loss-programs-disk-space.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer was infected last week so i wiped it clean and re-installed drives from Gateway's support website and of Adminstrative to rights computer loading programs Loss after also drives from A P I not sure if this is what caused the loss of Admin Rights When I try stop a program from starting up when i reboot the computer it tells me to check with my Administrator I tried logging in with Loss of Adminstrative rights after loading programs to computer My hidden administrator does not work nbsp Attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard Micro Star International MS- R Processor Intel reg Pentium reg D CPU GHz Socket mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID D E E-E - CE-BFC - BE Description SM Bus Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp A Manufacturer Name SM Bus Controller PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp A Service Class GUID Description PCI Simple Communications Controller Device ID PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp ED C amp amp A Manufacturer Name PCI Simple Communications Controller PNP Device ID PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp ED C amp amp A Service System Restore Points RP PM - System Checkpoint RP PM - before i put diablo RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - Installed DirectX RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - before down loading gateway RP PM - Installed ATI Catalyst Control Center RP PM - Installed ATI Catalyst Registration RP PM - Installed World of Warcraft FREE Trial RP PM - Removed World of Warcraft FREE Trial Installed Programs Adobe Flash Player Plugin ATI - Software Uninstall Utility ATI Catalyst Control Center ATI Catalyst Registration ATI Display Driver Catalyst Control Center - Branding Catalyst Control Center Core Implementation Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full Existing Catalyst Control Center Graphics Full New Catalyst Control Center Graphics Light Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Catalyst Control Center HydraVision Full ccc-core-preinstall ccc-core-static ccc-utility CCC Help English Diablo II HijackThis Hotfix for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB McAfee SecurityCenter Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft NET Framework Hotfix KB Microsoft NET Framework Mozilla Firefox Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB -v Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB -v Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Skins Sonic Encoders Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition WebFldrs XP Windows Backup Utility Windows Genuine Advantage V... Read more

A:Loss of Adminstrative rights after loading programs to computer

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231688/loss-of-adminstrative-rights-after-loading-programs-to-computer/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I used the refresh option because the Win8 apps weren't working. They're working fine after using the refresh option.

In the process I lost all the manually installed programs (I knew that would happen, although it wasn't stated very clear).

My question: Although the manually installed programs are gone (a lot!) the remaining disk space is still the same. Does anyone know what's going on here. Are the removed programs not removed or have they been backed-up?

Cheers,

Jake

A:Refresh option and loss of programs and disk space

Hi JakeZi, welcome to the forums, they will be in windows.old folder in C drive.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11395-refresh-option-loss-programs-disk-space.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi my name is Rick I'm new here My brother said this is always a very helpful group I searched the forums but all the keywords I could think of are too general so I apologize if my topic has been covered If so a link to the appropriate thread would be much appreciated ISSUE Over the last few days I loss" Error information programs "Close Why? to message: prevent keep getting this error message Close programs to prevent information loss Your computer is low on memory Save your files and close these programs Internet Explorer Windows will only close enough programs to restore needed memory During the times when this has popped up Error message: "Close programs to prevent information loss" Why? I only had - basic programs open like email and one webpage such as Google In some instances when I closed the error message the computer would continue to work In others it would eventually crash I ran the Memory Diagnostics Tool and no problems were detected My Dell laptop is -months old It came with Windows and I upgraded to Windows about a month ago I have all the latest Microsoft updates I try to keep my computer clean and uncluttered I run Glary Utilities Malwarebytes and SpywareBlaster Here is my system information Windows Pro Version OS Build Intel Core i - U CPU GHz GB installed RAM -bit operating system x -based processor Thanks in advance for any all assistance -Rick

A:Error message: "Close programs to prevent information loss" Why?

When that happens, take screenshot from task manager Processes tab.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600145/error-message-close-programs-to-prevent-information-loss-why/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I recently purchased a new motherboard CPU RAM and PSU I kept things from my old computer such as my hard drives and video card I formatted my main hard drive that I keep Windows on and used to run x but am now running x I did this all for Borderlands I wanted a better computer to run and play this game on since I ve been Loss? Paged Memory Multiple Crashing, Pool Programs a fan of the first one since it came out Prior to the installation of all of these new parts everything on the older version of my computer worked fine I could play games albeit on low settings without a problem but now games such as Dota and Borderlands will run for about - minutes before the screen goes black Multiple Programs Crashing, Paged Pool Memory Loss? and comes back three times before the program itself stops responding One of the games gave me a reason as to the poor performance and said the game had run out of Paged Pool Memory and would decrease performance Even when doing so it still shuts down after a few seconds I know that this is a hardware problem which is why I didn t post about it in Games It s happening to many programs that require the use of memory and not just games If there s anything anybody can do to help me it would be greatly appreciated Below is a DXDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JIMMUS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS DA amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Acer X H Monitor Id ACR Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-E A- FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x DA Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UY... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

I am running IE service pack on a Dell Dimension E I have lost all speaker function within IE and for all wav sounds My speakers work fine for files that I have saved on my hard drive i e MP MPG AVI etc After much investigation on my own I thought I had a problem with service pack I reverted shut Internet and Bogus audio message of down loss Internet Explorer to service pack and regained my speakers I tried to reinstall service pack and my speakers Bogus Internet Explorer shut down message and loss of Internet audio worked initially but were gone shortly after There is no speaker icon on the taskbar even though quot show icon on taskbar quot is checked Additionally I am getting bogus Internet Explorer messages stating quot Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and will now close quot I get the option to send or not send this bug to Microsoft I choose quot don t Bogus Internet Explorer shut down message and loss of Internet audio send quot and the dialogue box disappears with no interuption to service My computer seems Bogus Internet Explorer shut down message and loss of Internet audio slower than normal and I m convinced I have some malware registry or rootkit issues I haven t found with my spyware tools I have downloaded the DDS scr file and tried to run it but the file has no application associated with it to run I was able to get it to run only as a DOS command in Safe Mode I don t know whether this will show the information required but I am attaching the DDS and Attach files just the same I have also attached the ark txt file and am desperately asking for help to restore my system to it s rightful functionality Thanks to all in advance for the assistance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Dave at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF AV PC-cillin Internet Security - Virus Protection On-access scanning disabled Outdated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW PC-cillin Internet Security - Firewall disabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Dave Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www mediacomtoday com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO ZILLAbar Browser Helper Object b- f - - -f ee fcb ec - c program files stopzilla toolbar SZSG dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO MSN Toolbar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object e f - - d - f b- d b d - c program files stopzilla SZIEBHO dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c progra... Read more

A:Bogus Internet Explorer shut down message and loss of Internet audio

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.We need to create a New FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here if you have not done so already:
Main MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change the "Extra Registry" option to "SafeList"Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedAfter downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdvicePlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.Best Regards,oneof4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376587/bogus-internet-explorer-shut-down-message-and-loss-of-internet-audio/
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer connection Fallback to internet loss? access after second internet has two network adapters connected to two different internet gateways One is Ethernet and the other is WIFI The Ethernet connection is first on the access order list if you don't know what I'm talking about see the image attached and the WIFI is second Today the internet access was lost on the Ethernet connection however internet access was still available on the WIFI connection In spite of this Windows and all other applications were sill trying to use the first connection instead of switching to Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? the one with internet access What I want to know is why for example when only the internet access is lost on one adapter i e the adapter is still connected Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? has an IP but no internet gateway or DNS server address es are available Windows doesn't fallback to the other connection which has internet access In the same sense why can't Windows divide outgoing connections between all internet-connected adapters and utilize two separate bandwidths Thank you very much

A:Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss?

Hello,

If you'd like to utilize both ethernet and Wi-Fi simultaneously, setting up interface metric might help.
An explanation of the Automatic Metric feature for Internet Protocol routes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242170-fallback-second-internet-connection-after-internet-access-loss.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello All,
I've been suffering slow speeds, 3.5 Mbps when 17 - 19 Mbps is average.
BT are doing their bit and out of interest I've done some work to see if it could be this end.
I booted into Ubuntu from a memory stick and ran a speed test and the result was 18.5 Mbps. I booted back into Win 7 and got the "usual" 3.5 Mbps.
This result suggests that it is something to do with the OS but how could that be ?
I also booted into safe mode with networking and got a 3.5.
I'm stumped, never heard of this before and any help would be appreciated.
Nelly.
Mods : apologies if this is the wrong place. Please move if needed.

A:Internet speed ; fault of Win 7 ?

What browser are you using ? Try the test with google chrome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262907-internet-speed-fault-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Im forever getting "internet explore has to close due to a problem" however it doesnt exactly tell me the prob, any1 help?

A:internet explorer fault

Information available here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293623

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810887

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-fault.439767/
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday I ran a critical update from microsoft site for interent explorer 6.0 service pack 1 I believe was the name on a NT 4.0 system with service pack 6. After I did this when I open internet explorer now it just hangs there, and since this machine is on a network I know its the machine because everyone else can still get online. When I go to click on connections tab under tools, internet options I get a fault in inetcpl.cpl and I get immedialtely that the program is not resppnding under task manager, then closes me out. When I go to my mail I also get DR. Watson and the inetcpl.cpl fault. Any ideas what happended and do I need to re-install internet explorer to correct this.

A:Internet Explorer fault

inetcpl.cpl is the control panel applet that is labeled "internet options"

You have to repair internet explorer.

Go to start -> run and type this command

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

select repair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-fault.155250/
Relevancy 45.58%

When i play games (particularly EA stuff) it starts lagging and i lose internet connection and the game closes down and xfire says lost connection... Why is THIS happening to only me.

PS.

1 PC direct ethernet
2 VOiP phones ethernet
1 PC Wireless
2 Laptop Wireless
+wireless home network

I have BT total broadband option 3 (2mbps) (changing to sky soon)

A:Internet loss

Which one of those machines is the one playing games? the wireless or the wired? And every one else is functiong at the time your disconnecting and lagging? If thats the case I would look at the PC in question and see what firewalls may be in place. Also does the same exact game work on another PC in the house?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-loss.573722/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
Help is needed with Win XP Pro, Network is connected and I can see and exchange
data with my other PCs on the network but this one PC will not access the internet. Sometimes a reboot will work but only for a short time.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 45.58%

I am new to these forums and not very Techy please bear with me I have just finished installing Windows XP SP due to the fact that my driver appeared to be full I deleted over music files and picture files months ago and yet it again said it was full no pie left It got to Internet Loss. the point where no matter what I did there just wasn't enough space to run my system Couldn't defrag or delete programs I kept getting told Internet Loss. no basically So in my frustration I decided to go ahead and re install the OS Instillation finished and to add to my frustration I can no longer connect to the Internet no matter what I and various members of family try I cannot seem to get it working My system is connected to a NETGear hub along with the main PC a laptop and X-Box all others are working Please if you have any advice that is not likely to end up getting me more frustrated it would be greatly appreciated L'aide

A:Internet Loss.

Hi Laide, welcome to the forums. Please post what type of computer you have. My guess is you just have to install the drivers for your hardware; if you post the type of computer you have, we can help you locate the correct ones.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-loss-591713.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My daughter started up her pc this morning and didn t have any internet The wireless adapter software shows that it is connected but nothing that uses the internet works apart from utorrent Msn messenger says it s the dns server I have inclosed a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C internet of Loss PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService exe Loss of internet C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgwb dat C Documents and Settings Kayleigh J Desktop utorrent exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Loss of internet HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Loss of internet HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exe O ... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

I've been fighting with my new Win install Seems that using the Nvidea built in networking on my motherboard the connection drops and only comes on when it feels like After reading numerous other blogs and posts I see that this is a bug with Nvidea So I installed an older IBM in my machine and it works fine--as long as the PC stays on If I shut down the machine and fire it back up no internet So I put the cable into the Nvidea port figuring that one would work-no mas Put it BACK into the IBM card and presto the connection is back and remains on I'm using an AMD duo core and an Actiontec router Fios and whatever the issue is its Win wired connection specific I have another Win machine that hooks up wireless and no problem there I'm sure they are working on a bug fix but meanwhile it would be nice not to have to shift the cable each 7 Internet Win Loss time I turn off the machine Any ideas Thanx

A:Win 7 Internet Loss

Try these. The problems you have are very typical for the older nvidia eithernet drivers.

32 bit> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win764_15.51.html

64 bit> http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_win764_15.51.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47090-win-7-internet-loss.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Can someone please check my hjt log I have just got of internet loss my internet connection back I have run adaware loss of internet spybot and cws all was clear Many thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS System winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc loss of internet exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS loss of internet System CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files McAfee QuickClean PlgUni exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ntlworld com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www ntlworld com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run Swapper C Program Files Swapper NET RSLLC Swapper exe m O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Imonitor quot C Program Files McAfee QuickClean PlgUni exe quot START O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google ... Read more

A:loss of internet

It's clean. Just fix these:

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O19 - User stylesheet: (file missing)

Restart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet.262139/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i have trying for a few days to connect my HP G notebook to the internet through my wireless but i have tried everything i can think without getting anywhere I only got it connected displayed the fault use Internet, Cannot but a few days Cannot use the Internet, connected but fault displayed back for my daughter to do her homework ect but can t get it to connect i see a post on here about updating drivers but i can t get it to connect to do this then thought about downloading the driver update it may need to my laptop but i really dont want to download anything onto my laptop as its a different model with different drivers and dont want it to stop my laptop working Can anyone help the message i get on the HP G is cannot communicate with primary DNS server then underneath that message it is saying Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response the notebook im trying to connect is Vista Kind regards nbsp

A:Cannot use the Internet, connected but fault displayed

What firewall or security suite? If you already uninstalled whatever HP installed, what was it?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-use-the-internet-connected-but-fault-displayed.1045716/
Relevancy 45.15%

For the last month my internet speed is down to as low as K sec I am supposed to be getting M sec I have had my cable company come look at my connection times and they say there is nothing wrong with the signal and that it has to be my fault I have run BitDefneder and cleaned out a few problems but speeds are still slow around K I have problems when I get online and my processor usage is running unusually high lately fault 1/4 says Internet at speed, ISP running my Any thoughts Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Internet running at 1/4 speed, ISP says my fault WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair quot C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray quot C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NVRaidService C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck C WINDOWS system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EX... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I am experiencing a loss of internet access loss of internet access the twist is that I only lose internet connection when Trend Micro Internet Security is running If I exit loss of internet access the program entirely then Internet is loss of internet access restored but note that it must be totally shut down and temporarily disabling protection doesn't work It is almost like Trend is cutting off access because it detects some threat but if it was I should get a notification and I don't I see no other odd behaviors at all ads redirected searches uninitiated online activity etc only the total loss of internet access if Trend is running My laptop posting here with it has retained perfect web access the whole time so it is not an ISP or router issue What I have tried - Reset all Trend Micro options to defaults in case something got messed up - Full scan with Trend - Scanned with Panda online in safe mode - Scanned with Malwarebytes both in full boot and in safe mode installed specifically to scan this time - Scanned with SuperAntiSpyware - Scanned with Sophos Anti-Rootkit installed specifically to scan this time - Used Combofix I now know I shouldn't have it was bad advice from another forum sorry Besides meaningless cookies none of these scans found or removed anything at all Combofix did something you can see it in the attached logs but nothing changed on my PC I honestly don't know if there is a virus issue of some kind or if my Trend Micro is messed up or if there is something else going on In case this is meaningful dds scr did NOT pop up or create afaik an attach txt file It only made the dds txt I have pasted here In the attachment is the ark txt and combofix' file I generated the other files after combofix was run again I do know this was bad but here I am so hopefully its still useful Thank you for your time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Brad at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated D BC- CC- - E- E AF SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe C Program Files ASUS AI Suite AiNap AiNap exe C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition pppeuser exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Karen's Power Tools Replicator PTReplicator exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Windows system astsrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files... Read more

A:loss of internet access

UPDATE: A lucky search on Google with just the right phrase brought me right back to on older post on these very forums.

Turning off that World Virus tracking option noted in that thread has restored internet access while Trend is running. Be that as it may, I would still appreciate a review of my posted information to see if there is something identifiable that might have caused this odd problem. My Trend is up for renewal soon and if it can get a virus that makes it malfunction I want to get something different next time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/loss-of-internet-access-419338.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently set up a wired home network using a usr 8004 broadband router.
Frequently i lose the connection after periods of 1 hour to 2 days and have to reboot the router to retrieve the internet.
I have contacted my isp who advised that the modem was ok.
I have tried most troubleshooting options without success.
In network connection i have listed (1) Internet Gateway, (2) a net adapter which is not connected and (3) a local area connection which is connected.

Your advise would be appreciated.

A:loss of internet connection

I'd start by seeing if there is a firmware upgrade for the router. I've had several different brands that disconnected randomly that were fixed by the latest firmware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connection.453708/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I've been having some issues with losing internet access at random internet Intermittent of loss times throughout the day Basically I'll be browsing as normal and either my Firefox will just abruptly Intermittent loss of internet stop won't even let me reload a page or rarely show the quot Intermittent loss of internet loss of connection quot page I had this same issue when I was running Vista So I've gone all the routes to try to fix this while using that Os new wired modem disabled ip Flushed the tcp etc etc I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my dsl The most answers I can get out of all the quot experts quot iit was some kind of Vista problem So Since I'm now running Windows Home I thought it would have been fixed if it was just a vista issue Step by step of the issue Firefox abruptly stops as well as IE Chrome The internet icon on the taskbar has no errors and says I am connected Applications on my desktop such as instant messengers AIM will continue to access the internet I click to troubleshoot my internet and says all is working fine Disabling firewall doesn't work IP is disabled as well as power management for the adapter Turning off the modem and then back on won't fix the issue Only thing that works is a full restart Anyone have any ideas what could be up Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Intermittent loss of internet

Hi There,

I'm gonna assume your device driver is all good. Can you hop into Event Log and see if there are any errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51191-intermittent-loss-internet.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Over the last couple of weeks connectivity of internet Loss I have noticed a number of problems with my internet that have culminated in Loss of internet connectivity a loss of connectivity When I open the wireless networks available none of the previous options are shown apart from an unsecured network called meshnet I know that Loss of internet connectivity there is no problem with the standard network as my phone uses it and so does my flatmate with his laptop Prior to this happening I was continually being redirected to different web pages than the ones I had selected and they all contained admarketplace somewhere in the address I can only assume that this is some sort of virus but I have no idea how best to get rid of it as AVG cannot identify any problems with my system I tried to restore the computer to an earlier point but this is always unsuccessful I am not really sure what other information I can give you at this stage I would like to know if it is possible to clean my laptop but if not I should have access to the original setup material if a reformat is required Thanks in advance Here is the result of the DDS scan I performed as requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ian R at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALuNotify exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Documents and Settings Ian R Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ntu ac uk currentstudents index html uSearch Page hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sp http uk search yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sb http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie mSearch Bar hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sb http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c prog... Read more

A:Loss of internet connectivity

Welcome to TSF :)

Please uninstall AVG 9 because it will interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Download Combofix from this webpage: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" .
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/loss-of-internet-connectivity-523434.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
I have a problem that my computer cannot connect to the Internet. Here is my story:

My computer was infected by spyware. I used "Malwarebytes" to scan and remove the spyware. After that my computer could not connect to the Internet. I check the property of the network card (3COM on-board), it indicated the card works properly. Then I checked the error log, it showed that the network card could not get DHCP. I checked my router, it works fine. Other computers in my house are able to communicate with it.

So I stucked. Please do you have another alternative way, advice me?

Thanks
CT.

Relevancy 44.72%

I am connected to Optimum via Cablevision. At least 1 X a week, I lose internet service while still getting Cablevision TV service. It usually happens early in the morning. I get a message "You are not connected to the internet". This is what I must do. I have to shut-down everything and re-boot. After re-booting, the cursor freezes, so I must press power-off on my PC and re-start. Then, everything works fine. What could the problem be? This is very annoying and time-consuming and shutting off power to the PC without logging-off is not so great for the PC. I use Windows XP Pro. If a bad connection, I would get this daily but it's only intermittently and usually after I don't use the PC for a day or two.

Relevancy 44.72%

For the next week I am house sitting. All open wireless signals are far too weak to reliably connect to. they all drop out every two minutes or so. The people I am house sitting for seem to have a hardwired connection, but connecting it to my laptop does not work. I am pretty computer savvy, but very internet illiterate. I want to know if there's anything that I can do to access the internet reliably for this week, as I don't work at all and can't stand TV.

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400, a few years old, Windows XP.
(If this is an incredibly stupid question, I apologize in advanced. I just don't want to stare at a wall for a week.)

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System WI-FI Internet New of - password loss Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Yesterday I changed the Wi-FI password on my Router correctly as it turned out later but then lost my Internet connection Incidentally I can t connect to my Router via Chrome--other browsers work fine I thought I had made an error in the Router because of the loss of connection Did this happen because the new password info did not match the computer info A previous post suggested quot forgetting quot the domain and trying to connect again That worked beautifully and simple Once my connection was re-established I was able to determine New WI-FI password - loss of Internet that the new password was also showing on my computer Is it necessary to lose the Internet every time the wi-fi password is changed How can I avoid that nbsp

A:New WI-FI password - loss of Internet

If you change the WiFi password, you have to forget the connection and then reconnect with the new credentials. I'm not aware of any way around that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-wi-fi-password-loss-of-internet.1145428/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Everyone,

New problem, I have six computers (desktops) in my home and I network all of them together. I also have a router for the cable internet, now there is a router for the computers downstairs and another router for the ones upstairs...everything works great. BUT my one daughter lost her internet connection. Now all other computers work and I did take the tower to another location where it works and it doesnt register an active connection so I took a tower that did work to the broken location and it works so I have determined that its her tower, so I deleted all her connection and re-did them, and still nothing...am I doing something wrong, or did I overlook something?

Thanks for taking the time to read...

Lali

A:Loss Internet Connection

Places to start.

do an ipconfig /all w/cut and paste in your reply.

That is the IP of the router being used?

can U ping IP inside router ok?

can U ping IP on the internet side of the router? Try DNS entry from the ipconfig/all

Can U ping a host name outside of your router? Like yahoo.com
Should see something like this:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping yahoo.com

Pinging yahoo.com [66.94.234.13] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=48
Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=48
Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=48
Reply from 66.94.234.13: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=48

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-internet-connection.600513/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi And thanks for reading my post I have a Lenovo Notebook with both LAN and Wi-Fi adapters I can no longer connect to the Internet or should I say quot view Connectivity! my Internet Loss Web pages quot When attempting to connect with I E it returns the following message quot I E cannot display this webpage quot If I use Firefox I get the following quot Address not found quot If I use the IP Loss my Internet Connectivity! address of Google I get quot Connection Interrupted The connection to the Server was reset while the page was loading quot I Loss my Internet Connectivity! can ping any IP address without getting a time out I can do quot nslookup quot and it gives me my DNS IP at Verizon When I perform a quot tracert quot using the IP it does hops and returns However when I use quot tracert google com quot I get quot Unable to resolve target system name google com quot I flushed the DNS I have changed the IP address I have switched off the Wi-Fi I just changed the DNS to another that Verizon uses and get the same quot cannot display the Webpage quot It sounds like a DNS problem if it cannot resolve the web page's name to an IP address I just do not know what else to do Any help would be highly appreicated

A:Loss my Internet Connectivity!

two things to check here, first reset IE to default setting and see if that works. If Not reset router to default settings, push in reset button on back of router and hold for 20 to 30 seconds.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/250528-loss-my-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

My Dell Desktop PC - XP SP3 system cannot connect to the internet. I have performed Start-Run-CMD then typed in ipconfig/release than Ipconfig/restore and with that I had an IP address whick connected to the interent....Hurray!!! Then while using the internet I began to see searches on google redirect and an occasional ad pop-ups. After turning off the computer and trying use the internet at a later time, I cannot connect all all to the interent. I get a 12007 server name and address cannot be resolved....message when running connection diagnostic.

So am borrowing another computer to communicate these issues on here.

Please advise if you are able to. The site always seems so helpful.

Relevancy 44.72%

My PC is connected to a network with my company. My PC, only my PC, seems to get random and quick drops in internet connection but the connection to the network/domain remains active.

1 - Open Internet Explorer
2 - Receive "Cannot Display Webpage" message.
3 - Refresh page quickly and the page shows up.
** sometimes step 3 takes 3 or 4 times, seems to be getting worse as the problem has been around longer, but most of the time a quick refresh works.

Same thing happens with Pandora, my standalone player for Pandora will lose connection but come back with a quick "RECONNECT" button.

So, as you can see, it's only dropping out for seconds, 1 - 30 seconds at the most, my thouoght is the Ethernet card??

Any help/suggestions on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris Byers

A:Intermittent Loss of Internet

Welcome to TSF,

I have moved your Thread here to Networking Support.

Have you informed your IT Dept regarding your issue? They let you run Pandora?

Quote:

My PC is connected to a network with my company

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/intermittent-loss-of-internet-605552.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been trying to get this resolved in some way for the last who knows how many months In short Verizon Fios Actiontec Router Windows XP machines wired never any internet loss whatsoever Running the wireless from the Actiontec and also a Linksys that is on one of the ports distance issues The Linksys always syncs up and both wireless systems work all the time with either XP or Win laptops Here's the issue two wired desktops running Win have intermittent internet drops One is Intermittent 7 Win Loss Internet older one brand new fresh out of the box Turned off the power saver NIC card function on both WOL disabled That's not the problem because the internet losses occur sometimes after the machine is on for a few minutes the PC does not sit long enough to go into power saver anyway There's no rhyme or reason as they say when the loss will occur Sometimes this will not happen for a day or more other times it can happen after using the machine for just a few minutes One thing I have been trying is Win 7 Intermittent Internet Loss to disable IPV then I can get the internet back othertimes re-enable it to get the net back Go figure Again disabling it will not fix the problem however switching it on off will Disabling and re-enabling the NIC will only fix it sometimes most instances that does nothing There are different types of NIC cards in the machines one uses a Realtec on board the other uses Nvidea on board and a plug in NIC brand all NIC cards board performs the same One person in another forum has reported that he went to an Intel NIC and then his problem was solved Not sure about that one but if that was a valid fix I'd purchase an Intel NIC right away Also when they DO work if I let them boot for a while usually they will be fine but that's looking at a - minute boot up doesn't take an excessive time for actual boot-up but I mean just leave it alone for - min The Actiontec has the most current update version and is about two years old Somehow these machines lose the internet portion but not the network portion Such an annoying problem even more so when I added a brand new machine and get the same issues I would be willing to bet that if I ran them wireless there would be no issue but that's going to slow down the dl ul speeds that I get with a wired connection Any comments suggestions could help

A:Win 7 Intermittent Internet Loss

Do you have Bonjour installed on any of the computers? ... It may be 'timing out' trying to connect to the Internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160921-win-7-intermittent-internet-loss.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My rabbit chewed through my ADSL cable and when I replaced the cable it is now saying I dont have internet connectivity. During this time my roommate and I pushed the reset button on the actual router so we have attempted numerous times to set up the wifi router again, but all attempts have failed.

Please help me with the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity.1165369/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there guys So here's my problem I've been experiencing in the last - months a progressive loss of internet speed I've called my ISP tech support and they told me to do a reset to the modem for about s It worked lol For about or days - - Then it went to it's same position again a low speed internet My package grants me mb s and in my isp speedtest it gives my the mb s of download speed it should give and a lame mb s of upload speed The thing is that when im downloading stuff it gives me a speed of like kb s when it should give me from kb s to mb s I dont know if it can be the modem or the router but one thing is granted im losing allot of internet speed My modem is the ARRIS Touchstone TM G and my router is the SMCWBR S-N The house internet is used by - people but only of them require more internet because of the online games Even though only mine requires more because the other's games I dont think it requires too much bandwith What should or can I do to fix this please If you need any more information please tell me Thanks

A:Internet speed loss

Quote: Originally Posted by PRiMO

Hey there guys. So here's my problem :
I've been experiencing in the last 5-6 months a progressive loss of internet speed. I've called my ISP tech support and they told me to do a reset to the modem for about 10s. It worked lol. For about 1 or 2 days -.- Then it went to it's same position again, a low speed internet. My package grants me 10mb/s and in my isp speedtest it gives my the 9.75 mb/s of download speed it should give and a lame 0.20 mb/s of upload speed. The thing is that when im downloading stuff, it gives me a speed of like 67kb/s, when it should give me from 600kb/s to 1mb/s. I dont know if it can be the modem or the router but one thing is granted, im losing allot of internet speed. My modem is the ARRIS Touchstone TM502G and my router is the SMCWBR14S-N2.
The house internet is used by 3-4 people, but only 2 of them require more internet, because of the online games. Even though only mine requires more, because the other's games I dont think it requires too much bandwith.

What should or can I do to fix this please? If you need any more information please tell me.

Thanks

would you by chance be downloading from a torrent site? Or perhaps using homegroup for networking?

Your ISP rates your connection @ 10 Mb and speedtest shows 9.75 as advertised. The upload speed is a little low but not much. Have you tried speed tests when the others are online gaming, and when they arent?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158098-internet-speed-loss.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I posted this in another forum here but thought it might be worthwhile to x-post it here in the Networking one XP) of connectivity (Win Loss internet as well Hey all I m having a MAJOR problem with one of my computers Dell Dimension approximately years old Symptom I lose internet connectivity after a variable period of time of being logged into my computer I can actually ping and do tracerts to verify that I can quot see quot the internet But my any other methods of accessing the internet do not work I Loss of internet connectivity (Win XP) can t surf using a web-browser my IM clients do not work and I can t play any of the online games I can still share files with computers on my local network The problem started this past weekend about As far as I can tell the only way to get it back is to reboot see below though Recent changes I added a computer to my network about days ago I also put the Dell and the new computer on Loss of internet connectivity (Win XP) a Belkin KVM switch soft switch I put a third existing computer on a wireless interface but this was done AFTER the problems started occurring I did a Windows Update per the balloon on Sept th which is about the same time the problems started occurring What I have already tried Run both Ad-Aware and Spybot Updated my BIOS Updated my NIC driver Set the NIC to use Mbps Half Duplex Installed a new NIC Did a System Restore to earliest version that I could beginning of Sept Tried to back out the most recent changes of Windows Update but the one that I believe to be the quot offending quot update Sept was not listed Most of the other ones were New Discovery Here s something that I figured out last night If I just Log Off and then log back on then I can quot recover quot So a full shut down is not required The behavior is the same for any user So it s definitely not a hardware issue It appears to be an OS issue But I ve no idea how to correct the problem short of reinstalling with a clean OS I will admit I haven t tried a virus scan but doing a search I can t find any info on a virus that would cause this behavior Could it be a virus Please if anyone has any experience with such a problem or knows of other things I can try I would greatly appreciate your insight Kevy Kev nbsp

A:Loss of internet connectivity (Win XP)

What are your power settings on the NIC(s)? Perhaps XP is turning the NIC off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity-win-xp.401208/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok everything hardware is fine, and i am connected to the internet, but nothing works, internet explorer says unavailable and when i ping i get 100% loss! this is a huge problem please can someone help me.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 7. I consistently lose my internet connection after a couple hours if I leave my computer up and running so I have to always restart it to get the connection back. The computer is hard-wired to modem provided by the cable company. They say the connection looks fine on their end. Any suggestions?

Are you allowing the machine to go to sleep, suspend or even hibernate?

If so, turn that function OFF.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity.1160917/
Relevancy 44.72%

Kevy Kev,

I'm having the same problem here. . .Just wondering if you or anyone else has any tips on this matter. I'm pretty far from computer wiz here, so all the stuff you said you tried, I have no clue what to do.

If anyone can help me, please do so. Thanks. . .

A:Loss of internet connectivity (Win XP)

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Post the details of YOUR problem here, while you think it's the same as someone else's issue, it may not be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity-win-xp.403152/
Relevancy 44.72%

So recently I ve been infect or something I really don t know anymore I ve done some cleaning work with malwarebytes an ccleaner but connection loss brief internet I quot m still having issues malware caught a Hijack virus that Zone alarm missed but I am still having issues Please help this is my Hijack this brief internet connection loss log If there s anything else you d brief internet connection loss like me to log with please let me know Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxdnmon exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxdnMsdMon exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe C Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http wowhead com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField WOW TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Toolbar - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField WOW TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AdobeVersionCue C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionC... Read more

A:brief internet connection loss

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you still require help:We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".If you no longer require help, then please let me know.Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410158/brief-internet-connection-loss/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sometimes when I'm browsing I loose internet access. Message is USRobotics needs to shut down because usrminka.exe needs to restart. Event viewer shows application error - usrminka.exe,version 4.11.21.0 and faulting module usrv42.dll. I don't have any idea how to fix. It usually happens after I've been on internet a while. Windows XP , SP 3. Thanks once again.

A:Loss of internet accerss

The first things I'd do would be to scan for corrupt files and malware.  To scan for corrupt files, open an administrator command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow.  It can run for a while.  There are numerous tools for malware scanning/protection.  If you think you need help in this regard, you should post an inquiry in the "Am I infected" forum here.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603362/loss-of-internet-accerss/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been having issues all day with my internet. i.e. lag, video streaming slow, online gaming freezing, loss of connection.. After doing two independent Ping Tests the connection speed is fine but both record Packet Loss. Please explain.

A:Internet packet loss: what does it mean?

This might be of some use:
http://www.mpls-experts.com/what-causes-packet-loss-on-the-internet/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packet-loss-what-does-it-mean.180151/
Relevancy 44.72%

Here's an interesting trouble but certainly not a fun one I have a fairly new PC yr Core and everything with it Had XP installed on it EVERYTHING worked No issues whatsoever Switched over to FIOS with a nd generation connect Internet Loss/no Actiontec Internet Loss/no connect Router still no problems at all Did a clean install of Windows Bingo Internet Internet Loss/no connect connectivity problems I have tried different NICs and recently purchased a brand new D Link Windows approved card They all perform the same Lost connections and failure to link up The drivers in the NIC are the most recent for Win I have tried the range of everything that I can think of the way to get the PC working is as follows Boot up to Win and the traingle of death comes up Turn on another PC with XP that's connected to the Internet Loss/no connect same router and open up the router to check settings Just look at the settings change a setting then change it back and presto the Win machine gets connected This method will get the Windows machine up and running fine until a re-boot on the machine then it's back to the traingle of death Ok so the drivers are up-to-date plugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable does nothing un-checking IP does nothing the problem is not with the NIC card since I have tried these cards with updated drivers and it's the same thing The Asus board has a built in NIC N Videa I can either enable that or disable no difference When I do an IPCONFIG and the machine is up it comes back When I check IPCONFIG and the machine is not connected it shows a loss of connection between the PC and the router So I'm thinkin' that somehow this is an issue with the Actiontec FIOS router and the software I'm getting real frustrated at this point

A:Internet Loss/no connect

Welcome!

Try updating the firmware for your router: http://actiontec.com/support_cms/doc...e_Versions.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/64127-internet-loss-no-connect.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi

My internet is going on and off all the time now. I installed wins7 from vista 2 weeks ago and everytime I turned on my comp i had to disable the adapter and then enable it to get a connection.

Now the internet connection is useless as it is going on and off all the time. I have installed the latest driver for the envidia nforce, well it says I have anyway

i have a 32bit windows7

Any help would be very appreciated

thanks

A:Internet connection loss

Try here for Nvidia drivers, maybe the newer 15.51's will help.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43411-internet-connection-loss.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently started a new job where I am the only IT person supporting Loss Intermittent Internet the network The guy before has a network running a small office on a Fortinet b router It has T lines and a cable modem dhcp connecting to the internet The T line has a router Intermittent Internet Loss box with IPs It is setup Intermittent Internet Loss so that IP connects to a windows web server running Apache another to an linux email server and another to a linux server with VOIP and VPN He connected the cable line only week before he left for his new job Whereas I consider myself to be advanced in windows and help desk support I am only a little above average when it comes to networking The problem I m having is that every once in a while the T line loses connection with our network and our web site goes down This only seems to happen between am and am and mostly on the weekends The cable line still has a connection which I am able to remote in through and reboot the router to get everything working again We also were having an issue where emails where not being forwarded to our new google apps email Whenever I route our email through the cable line emails go through just fine The problem with this is since it s dhcp a lot of business will think it s spam and not accept it I ve managed to fix the email issue I think by disabling some of the crappy services the were on the fortinet router Since the cable connection doesn t go down I contacted the t provider and had them test the line They say everything is fine and blame the router I tend to agree with them I order a new cisco router but haven t set it up yet I m just wondering if anybody has any ideas since this only seems to happen at certain times I ve been at a loss nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-internet-loss.1048404/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7 and the user after having Norton 360 v4.2 installed can not access the internet (yes, I have tried shuting down the norton firewall and it seems to shut down but, still no conection). Also every time you try to open a browser you get window asking if you want to use Internet explorer or windows meda center. If you pick explorer you get pop up window asking if you want to run, save or cancel, internet explorer. Pick run and goes back to first window. Pick meda and it opens up but, has no internet access. What gives guys.

Relevancy 44.72%

I ve tried the help desk of my ISP and the help desk of NetGear and I still don t have a solution So I turn to the people who REALLY internet connectivity Loss of know what s going on TechGuy I have an ADSL connection for my internet connection at home The phone line is connected to an Alcatel SpeedTouch Home modem I Loss of internet connectivity have the LAN connection of that modem going into the internet port of a NetGear RP DSL router switch Both devices are up Loss of internet connectivity to date on all firmware at least as far as I can find from the manufacturers pages My PC is running Windows XP Home edition and I m using a NetGear NIC For the most part on initial power up everything works fine However regardless of whether or not a user is logged into the PC the router will occasionally lose sync with the DSL Modem By the indicator lights on the modem it is functioning normally Likewise the indicator lights on the router appear as if it s functioning correctly But no connectivity through the router to the internet is available without first cycling the power on the router and letting it re-connect to the internet connection Internal networking appears to be fine using DHCP on the router to connect my two PC s on a LAN I can browse my local network fine access shares and print on the shared printer But internet connectivity is not available I need some advice as to how to proceed from here I ve found a few articles on the net concerning the Speedtouch home modem doing something called quot frequency swapping quot article at http www mynetwatchman com kb htm is best example Could this be what I m experiencing where the modem has to swap frequencies Or is there something else I need to take a look at Any help would be appreciated nbsp

At the risk of stating the obvious, check with your ISP whether they prefer you to put in manual server addresses rather than automatic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity.168606/
Relevancy 44.72%

I support a small business with computers XP wired networked to a Cisco router and connected to an ADSL WAN For over a year now they have experienced an overnight loss of Internet connectivity requiring the router to be rebooted almost every morning We thought it was a fault router so we replaced this with a good Cisco router but the problem persisted We got Cisco involved and they monitored it without finding fault but they replaced it anyway We also replaced our ISP but all without avail I use a combination of pcAnywhere and Logmein to support them over the web The strange thing is that I am always able of Loss connection Internet to connect to their system but when the fault is apparent I can t get web access to their router internally or externally and they can t get Internet Loss of Internet connection or e-mail access The router is my DHCP server and each PC is DHCP mapped in it Cisco have looked at Loss of Internet connection all the settings of the router and they say they are good ANY ideas your experts may have would be great nbsp

A:Loss of Internet connection

Hi... Is you current ISP DSL or Cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connection.977139/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all I m having a MAJOR problem with one of my computers Dell Dimension approximately years old Symptom I lose internet connectivity after a variable period of time of being logged into my computer I can actually ping and do tracerts to verify that I can quot see quot the internet But my any other methods of accessing the internet do not work I can t surf using a web-browser my IM clients do not work and I can t play any of the online games I can still share files with computers on my local network The problem started this past weekend about As far as I can tell the only way XP) Connectivity (Win of internet Loss to get it back is to reboot see below though Recent changes I added a computer to my network about days ago I also put the Dell and the new computer on a Belkin KVM switch soft switch I put a third existing computer on a wireless interface but this was done AFTER the problems started occurring I did a Windows Update per the balloon on Sept th which is about the same time the problems started occurring What I have already tried Run both Ad-Aware and Spybot Updated my BIOS Updated my NIC driver Set Loss of internet Connectivity (Win XP) the NIC to use Mbps Half Duplex Installed a new NIC Did a System Restore to earliest version that I could beginning of Sept Tried to back out the most recent changes of Windows Update but the one that I believe to be the quot offending quot update Sept was not listed Most of the other ones were New Discovery Here s something that I Loss of internet Connectivity (Win XP) figured out last night If I just Log Off and then log back on then I can quot recover quot So a full shut down is not required The behavior is the same for any user So it s definitely not a hardware issue It appears to be an OS issue But I ve no idea how to correct the problem short of reinstalling with a clean OS I will admit I haven t tried a virus scan but doing a search I can t find any info on a virus that would cause this behavior Could it be a virus Please if anyone has any experience with such a problem or knows of other things I can try I would greatly appreciate your insight Kevy Kev nbsp

A:Loss of internet Connectivity (Win XP)

*bump*

Anyone? Thanks,

Kevy Kev

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connectivity-win-xp.401159/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a netgear 834gt modem router and a wg111t adapter and my internet connection dies on me every 10 mins or so. I have to reboot the router to restart and reconnect to the internet.

Is there anyway of solving this ?

Ive never had this problem before as I had a Phillips sna6500 router and a phillips snu6500 adapter with a previous isp. Since switching over to the new one that told me I had to use their own router my internet connection is rather screwed up.

Any tips to over come this ? PS my isp isnt helping (sky broadband) much so I thought Id ask here for advise.

Thanks

stuck

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

2 computers(Pent IV 3.06ghz and celeron 3.0ghz, XPpro) wired to Linksys 8port router connected to Teryon cable modem.

Problem is: random loss of internet connection. Modem has been replaced by ISP (Shaw), problem still happens. The only way to regain internet is to power down router and modem and power back up.

Question: can router cause a modem to freeze, requiring the power down/up?

thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I'm new to but here is my problem.

I run Malewarebytes and found funmoods and Gameplaylab malware. I lose my interent intermittedly and need to reboot to get the internet to work. I have t he malware log as well as Hijackthis. Please let me know if I should post them to help.

This is a new machine only two old.

Windows 7 64 bit
I have read that the router could be an issue but I have another window 7 system that works fine. Ipv6

Please let me know what elde I need to add to help.

Thank you in advance.

A:loss Internet connect

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454689/loss-internet-connect/
Relevancy 44.72%

System Dell Laptop Vista Home Premium bit Netgear wireless router If more details are needed feel free to ask I had been downloading some music and experienced a system crash shortly after I was not able to save any details of the crash when it happened When attempting to reboot the computer windows load to the login prompt and crash shortly after entering the pass and clicking enter I rebooted the pc in safe mode and opened msconfig I detected a temp file in the startup and disabled that After doing so I rebooted Virus Loss of Internet after the machine and everything started fine I ran ccleaner to remove all temp files and registry issues as well as removing the temp file from startup Some net dlls were removed during the registry cleaning I was unable to run mbam exe or install spybotsd exe I was unable to install spybot since i could not conenct to the internet I opened a Loss of Internet after Virus browser and attempted to see if it was just an issue with the installer since i ripped it from my other machine But I was unable to open a URL either Im not experienced in technical matters of vista but have fixed similar issues of this nature in WINXP Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

A:Loss of Internet after Virus

Open a command prompt and type ipconfig and press Enter.
Post the screenshots of the command prompt window after typing the above command.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/230629-loss-internet-after-virus.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good day.. I have been plagued by this problem for several months. I have installed the SP3 of XP. This problem started occurring some time after that. The problem is this: After several hours of operation I can no longer connect to to the web browser, either IE7 or Mozilla. I have to shut down the computer and restart. I have been looking for information everywhere but have not had any enlightening information. I would appreciate some information for me to get an idea of where the root of this problem could be. I have Zone Alarm installed but this problem still occurs when I have removed the program. I then reinstalled it.

Thank you for you suggestions in advance

Walter Rieble

Relevancy 44.72%

My daughters computer does not connect to the internet I have checked all the usual things thinking it might have something to do with some of the messenger stuff she downloads I have enclosed a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe internet Solved: loss of C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Solved: loss of internet C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE Solved: loss of internet C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS tsnp std exe C WINDOWS vsnp std exe C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIM SweetIM exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Solved: loss of internet Application Launcher exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SWEETIE - A AADCD- A - b f- F-E BB A E A - C PROGRA MACROG SWEETI toolbar dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar SweetIM For Internet Explorer - BC FFE -DE F- fa-B -AAD B F - C Program Files Macrogaming SweetIMBarForIE toolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-loss-of-internet.628110/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem with the internet, one minute I have a strong signal and two minutes later it either goes off or a warning tells me my signal is low. I sometimes use a dongle but it does not make any difference. My lap top is a Dell 600D and my internet provider is sky. I also have a problem with trying to download Adobe Flash Player it will not complete download. I am married and now retired from work, so now I am trying to learn about Computers, which keeps me occupied, love it. Val.

A:Loss of internet connection

You might want to edit your Computer Specs to remove email address and other irrelevant stuff and add some computer specs.

How is your computer trying to connect to a network--wireless mobile, Wi-Fi, etc.? What OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loss-of-internet-connection.1035014/
Relevancy 44.72%

I should probably start by saying that all of my problems began after a trojan removal by malwarebytes I had trojans found and removed by malwarebytes and subsequently I lost my internet access through internet explorer Internet explorer however does work in safe mode loss Internet after malwarebytes I ve been using malwarebytes for years and have never had a problem with it before so I m not inclinded to believe that it has caused the problem What is strange is that my computer shows that I have full access to the internet and this is validated because I have a remote access program that is working like a champ Norton has access and those are the only two programs that do have access Oh and internet explorer turbo tax google chrome etc all work just fine and have access in safe mode with networking The log for the malwarebytes scan is right below the list of things I have tried It says that all of the Internet loss after malwarebytes trojans have been removed successfully so I d say that my computer is clean of spyware that might stop my computer from access Right after malwarebytes is hijack this I know it shows there are a lot of things running but keep in mind I ve already done a clean boot and turned all of it off still no internet ipconfig release and reset dns flushed winsock and tcp ip set back to defaults i m sure there s a technical term for all of this but I don t know it clean boot all the services etc turned off although for some reason I can t turn the norton service off Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Jay D CQBC administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected HKCR CLSID A FAF - E- cf- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects A FAF - E- CF- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings A FAF - E- CF- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats A FAF - E- CF- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR CLSID B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR TypeLib B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR Interface B EAA-A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall MyWebSearch bar Uninstall PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR CLSID A FAF - E- cf- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats A FAF - E- CF- - F A D PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCR CLSID B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA PUP MyWebSearch - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully ... Read more

A:Internet loss after malwarebytes

to BleepingComputer. We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Do you still need help? If so, continue to follow these instructions:My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started OTLPlease download OTL from here:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. FSSPlease download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.In your next reply, please include:OTL logsMiniToolBox logFSS log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480798/internet-loss-after-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear fellow experts,

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...

need help and advice on how to go about in getting back the IP address back into the desk top.

Thanks in advance.

shtay

A:Loss internet connection

Have you triedd setting the connection up anew, using the XP wizard for such?

FWIW: When using a router, the router is referred to as a residential gateway. When setting up the connection anew, that's the option that should be selected.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245506/loss-internet-connection/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am working on a computer remotely that loses internet access. After the computer is restarted it has internet access for about 5 minutes and then it loses access, exept that my remote connection still works so the internet is still there. I can ping a website with both the ip address and the web address, but IE and Firefox can not find eather site. I have used spybot and ad aware and removed some spyware, but not a lot. Hijack this is now clean of anything unusuall. It is a windows xp service pack 2 machine. The antivirus and firewall program on the computer will not run. Thanks.

A:loss of internet after 5 minutes

Which antivirus firewall program?

Which firewall?

Using a hardware router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/loss-of-internet-after-5-minutes-141929.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Have 2 XP Pro connected via crossover. Up until 2 weeks ago had everything working fine with Internet on both Host and Client. After an adventure with malware, several restores/uninstalls and scans later I have an intermittent problem with getting internet and printing from Client.

I have done following:

1)Tried disabling firewalls, checked that traffic allowed from/to client. (using sygate on host xp firewall on client)

2)Uninstalled/reinstalled ICS on host. this worked temporarily.

3)Have assigned the IP addresses manually and as I say these have worked. They match those on troubleshooting sites

4)Have ping ok both ways

5)When working I did restore point on both. The ICS stopped working but despite restoring both PC's still no go.

6)Have uninstalled driverr for network card and reinstalled and set up LAN on host from scratch.
Very very frustrating. Is there anything else I can do other than full XP reinstall?

Relevancy 44.72%

I lose my internet connection through wireless or LAN periodically. I disabled my wireless and just have my wired connection going, but it disconnects periodically & I have to remove & inset my Cat cable allthe time for my connection to comeback. Any ideas? Driver update/rollback, up to date router, and/or configuration? Thanks any help would be very much appreciated-Shalom.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello First as a new Loss of connection... internet member I would like to thank those of you here for the help you give Unfortunately I have encountered a situation which requires me to be more than just a lurker others seem to have much more knowledge and better opinions than me I have a D-Link WBR- router which I have not had any problems with I ran one desktop and one laptop hardwired and one laptop wireless The laptop I used that was hardwired was solely used for downloading via torrents and ftp Recently it died and I started using my desktop for my downloads Almost immediately I started to lose my internet connection while downloading torrents or ftp files The problem has grown worse as I will now lose connection simply surfing the web using my desktop The wireless laptop however has had no problems I can lose hardwire connection with my desktop plug in my wireless laptop via hardwire and it works perfectly I have tried Loss of internet connection... different ports with my desktop put in a new network card and used a new ethernet cable all with the same results--loss of connection I have also connected my desktop directly to my dsl modem and lose connection I called my isp and verified my settings I am left with the fact that my desktop computer is the problem I have ran diagnostics with AVG Ad-Aware and others looking for trojans or viruses--nothing I ran HiJackThis and will post the results at the end of this message Nothing has been downloaded or installed on my desktop in the past four weeks since this problem started I had PeerGuardian installed and thought that might be the problem uninstalled it and didn t solve the problem Downloading files via BitTornado amp Utorrent is when I first discovered the problem They would start to download and then stop Downloading FTP was worse it would kick off almost immediately after starting Now even surfing the web for - minutes causes a loss When I click quot My Network Places quot I have two icons-- quot shareddocuments on my pc quot amp quot D-Link Router quot When I lose connection quot D-Link Router quot disappears The only way to restore my internet connection is to reboot my pc However I can plug my laptop into the router right after and have no problems on it I am just lost for a solution after weeks of searching others problems in this forum and others I have found others with this similiar problem but no solutions I certainly do not want to reinstall windows xp--and that might not even solve the problem I am most grateful to anyone with suggestions opinions help questions Happy holiday to all Drew Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxccmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system lxcccoms exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I am having trouble keeping an internet connection on (1) computer on my home network (using a Microsoft Wireless Router). I run (3) other computers on the same network with no problems. The problem computer will only keep a connection for a few minutes normally, and the problem occurs whether using the wired or wireless network adaptor. I did pick up and connect to a unsecured wireless connection of a neighbors, and everything works flawlessly. Therefore I'm fairly certain the problem lies with either the router, my ISP, or both. The problem computer worked fine for the past 3 months, and stopped working out of the blue. Any ideas or suggestions?

Relevancy 44.72%

------------------- fault computer's slow its and is the abnormally Internet My English is not my first My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault language Hi I recently acquired a HP laptop with windows but the internet become pretty slow It was not like that before it just started to deteriorate I made some updates and changes some stuff and it might have been the cause I rolled back some network drivers to see if anything would happen it got worse So I re-updated I scanned My Internet is abnormally slow and its the computer's fault for infections whit Anti-malware it found some stuff but the computer still terrible If not worse I myself download a lot of stuff gigabytes and gigabytes because I needed to install my games all over again But here is the interesting part There are two computers exactly the same as this one in my house other two machines and the cellphones operating at the same time and none of them have a slow internet They all get or mega while I get or mega It was fast when I got it but now it takes time to load google Opera firefox IE etc all of them slow When qBittorrent is on it gets slower Without it it still is slow But not sooo much ---------------------------- While writing this I proved that the problem is the WiFi The cable gives me high velocity internet Other computers inside my room have higher speed The problem is in my machine ---------------------------- The troubleshooting says everything is okay The HP software center says everything is okay I don't want to send this computer back because it took time to put everything into it Please I need help -------------

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49154-my-internet-abnormally-slow-its-computers-fault.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, had my broadband installed and activated and I'm using my laptop with vista I've used it before with wireless
Broadband and was fine but now I'm having trouble using the Internet, wifi is on and it is showing as connected to the router but when I open the web browser it is unable to connect, I used diagnostics and it comes up with the following:
Cannot communicate with primary DNS server 194.168.4.100

Can someone help?

I've tried everything previously advised but nothing is working.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello folks My Internet Explorer takes a tremendously LONG time to open up a new window Once open it runs smoothly and fast Also My Computer windows open slowly I have isolated what I believe is PART of the problem - ccApp exe is running on my system ccApp as many of you know I m sure is a part of NAV that runs think Internet NAV at slow, Explorer VERY starts is fault... I on startup to make sure that all the installed NAV pieces Internet Explorer starts VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault... load correctly or at least that s what I understand from Symantec s web site This includes AutoProtect Norton Anti-spams pop-up blocking etc When I disable ccApp IE runs like a champ - fast quick zippy etc Very nice Internet Explorer starts VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault... When I reenable ccApp things bog down again Now I m thinking that it really isn t ccApp s problem as I know other people with it running on their machine but rather that it is something that ccApp is starting that is the culprit I don t really want to disable ccApp because when I do my Norton Anti-Spam s pop-up blocking no longer works Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ryan P S I ve attached a HJT log in case anyone wants to look at it ----------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINNT system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system cidaemon exe C PROGRA COMMON SONYSH AVLib Sptisrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SideStep Browser Helper - - - BD- A -D FF C CE - C WINNT Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO WebHighlighter utility - EBDCEF - - E -BBE - CC CE - C Program Files PC Magazine Utilities Web Highlighter WebH dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboard Pr... Read more

A:Internet Explorer starts VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault...

Do a google search for this, other people are having the same problem and Norton has not come up with a fix that I know of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-starts-very-slow-i-think-nav-is-at-fault.250632/
Relevancy 44.72%

So lately I have been disconnected from the internet every now and then. Usually I just power cycle my modem and router and move on. But today it happened twice so I need to figure out the problem. I powered cycled the modem alone, and I still had no connection. I power cycled the router and I had connection after so I'm assuming it's the router to blame. The router plugs into my modem, and the ethernet cord from the router goes into one of these: Amazon.com: Dynex DX-EHB4 - Hub - 4 ports - Ethernet - 10Base-T - DC power - external: Computers & Accessories. My PC, Xbox and PS3 are all connected to that. Also during this time my iPhone couldn't get internet through WiFi. I have the D-Link DIR-655 as my router. Does anyone have any suggestions as to fix my problem? Thanks!

A:Internet Connection Dropping, Probably Router's Fault

Quote: Originally Posted by MCleveland

So lately I have been disconnected from the internet every now and then. Usually I just power cycle my modem and router and move on. But today it happened twice so I need to figure out the problem. I powered cycled the modem alone, and I still had no connection. I power cycled the router and I had connection after so I'm assuming it's the router to blame. The router plugs into my modem, and the ethernet cord from the router goes into one of these: Amazon.com: Dynex DX-EHB4 - Hub - 4 ports - Ethernet - 10Base-T - DC power - external: Computers & Accessories. My PC, Xbox and PS3 are all connected to that. Also during this time my iPhone couldn't get internet through WiFi. I have the D-Link DIR-655 as my router. Does anyone have any suggestions as to fix my problem? Thanks!

So after you reset the DIR-655, did you go into the wireless settings and set everything up again like the SSID, security should be WPA2, encryption should be AES, you need to come up with a good password as well. I have the same router by the way.

After all that make sure your wireless profile in Windows is set up with the same settings as the router is using.

If you are getting disconnections you might also try changing the wireless channel to one that your neighbors aren't using, Xirrus wifi inspector is good for checking to see which channels are in use in your area.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247380-internet-connection-dropping-probably-routers-fault.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My setup: desktop pc with hardwired router and dsl modem, wireless to laptop computer.

Have powered off both modem and router for 3 minutes.

Fujitsu speedport modem withVerizon dsl

Linksys wrt54gs V1, running dd-wrt V2410205_VINT
WRT54 has solid power light, WLAN LED on and steady, LAN LED lit for my only connection.
Internet light on and steady.

Reset dd-wrt to factory defaults.
Can access dd-wrt control panel.
Can ping router: 4 sent, 4 received,) % lost.
Did ipconfig /release & renew

Have checked all cables for tight connections.

Device manager says Ethernet controller working properly

Have good Local area connection, speed 100 Mbps

Can access folders on wireless laptop from server desktop pc, can access files on pc from laptop.

Outlook cant connect to server, cant update antivirus defs.

My problem has to be Verizon, right?

Many thanks, T.

Relevancy 44.72%

I know this question has been asked before but in all the cases I Qwest's? fault, Internet router's Connectivity: or My ve read it was purely Vista s problem or the people only had Vista I have both Internet Connectivity: My router's fault, or Qwest's? Vista and Linux Mint and on both OS s I have the same problem I got my laptop last November and apart from two big virus scares it s been great Back home in Oregon at both my old house and my parents place it had no problems at all connecting to the internet and getting a good connection in general At my old place I even had Qwest and it was fine I recently moved to Colorado and got Qwest here because it was supposedly cheaper than Comcast and it s been terrible I m not sure if it s Quest s service here or if it s the router my dad sent me from Oregon The router is a Netgear WGR v The problem is this I can connect to the internet but it s not without a fight The worst is with Facebook and this problem occurs with both Linux and Vista I ll open a browser with Firefox Google Chrome or IE and most of the time Google loads fine but lately iGoogle has been loading everything except my gadgets which show quot Server Cannot Be Found quot errors Then I ll try to go to any other page and it says quot Page Load Error Server Cannot be Found quot After refreshing the page several times it ll load properly but if I click a link on the page the same thing happens going to the link With Facebook it ll only load certain things It won t load pictures and sometimes it won t even load the buttons and I can very rarely connect to facebook chat When I run Windows Diagnostics both times it comes up with something that can t be resolved automatically but it alternates between telling me quot There may be a problem with your Domain Name Server DNS Configuration quot and quot Windows has confirmed that this computer is having connectivity issues quot I m fairly certain it s not my laptop because I can connect to the wireless at work and get online perfectly no problems at all on either Linux OR Vista Should I contact Qwest about this and complain about it or is it my router being finicky I m inclined to think it s Qwest but I didn t have a problem with them before Of course before I was in a house and now I m in an apartment Does that make a difference nbsp

A:Internet Connectivity: My router's fault, or Qwest's?

One way to be sure, bypass the router for awhile at home and see if the issue persists, if it does, then Qwest, if it does not, then finicky router or wireless issues if we are speaking of wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connectivity-my-routers-fault-or-qwests.867608/
Relevancy 44.29%

I but Solved: of not access internet Loss LAN m a network tech going on years now and have an issue that is Solved: Loss of internet access but not LAN completely stumping me so I thought maybe you guys gals might be able to provide me Solved: Loss of internet access but not LAN with some new ideas I m having a problem with a network in a year old building with some users randomly losing internet access but they still have LAN access Here is the network setup Dell PowerEdge Windows Server Cisco firewall PIX series D-Link -port Solved: Loss of internet access but not LAN unmanaged switch no patch panel all cable runs go directly to switch Windows workstations XP Pro -bit and Pro -bit wifi access points Camera system DVR MFP Printer Postage machine DHCP is on the server nothing else hands out IP addresses A couple of months ago a user reported they were unable to access the internet I investigated and found indeed they could not access internet but had a local IP and could access everything on the LAN Here are the steps I ve taken so far Cleaned PC of all viruses - no change Toned out cable run from the user s jack to the switch - tested OK Replaced NIC card in PC - worked for a few days then back to same result Connected known working laptop to user s jack - same result LAN access but no internet access Physically took user s PC to switch and connected it directly - LAN and internet access so now I m thinking the cable run must be pinched slightly somewhere Replaced entire cable run from user s jack to switch - no change Again connected known working laptop to user s jack - no change Bypassed firewall by plugging switch directly into modem - no change Connected server s second NIC to the switch - no change Now another user s internet access only is going out temporarily at random times and now I ve just received a call that the MFP printer cannot be printed to It seems like this issue is growing and I ve run out of ideas Please help nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Several days ago nearly my computer began acting Malware Internet causing Possible Loss up for a strange reason I've been searching for the Possible Malware causing Internet Loss reason for a good while I've posted on several forums but have not gotten a solution The problem is that every hour on the hour all access to websites is blocked My internet is completely fine I can access steam teamspeak and several other programs but anything that deals with a website is blocked No web pages will load on any browser the steam store page will not open spotify quits working I've run several virus scans with both Avast Antivirus and Malwarebytes and I had found some DNSChanger Trojans but quickly disposed of them Any scans after come out negative It finally occurred to me today to check Windows Event Viewer That is where I found the underlying cause of my problem Every hour on the hour I get errors The first being an application error for svchost exe DPS The other three are for it's services Base Filtering Engine Diagnostic Policy Service and Windows Firewall The application error states that the faulting module is Esent dll This file may have been corrupted but I am not certain More info can be found in my other thread The only solution I've found is going into the Services Manager and restarting the three services above This has worked without fault but it is not a permanent solution as I'd have to do this every hour

A:Possible Malware causing Internet Loss

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/possible-malware-causing-internet-loss-767290.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I was trying to connect to my university's VPN for remote access to my files there Back on XP on my Acer Aspire WLMi I would've installed http www undergrad engineering uto F ecfpcnet zip and then Mapped a Network Drive and I would be able to connect to H on the server and retain internet connection On Windows on my AMD Phenom X Desktop the installer fails Instead I go to Network and sharing Center and set Loss of connecting after Connectivty VPN Internet to up the VPN that way inputting the IP and such The VPN connects and I am able to map my network drive and access the files on the network drive however while I am connected to the VPN Loss of Internet Connectivty after connecting to VPN I lose access to the internet through my LAN connection Network amp Sharing center indicates my computer is not connected to the internet Firefox Opera IE can't reach google yahoo etc When I disconnect from the VPN I get internet connection back instantly Network amp Sharing Center indicates my computer is connected to the internet and the FFox Opera IE all regain their ability to connect to websites I know this may not be very clear wording let me know if you need more details ------ OS x Windows RC CPU AMD Phenom Loss of Internet Connectivty after connecting to VPN X Motherboard ASUS M A -CM Memory x GB OCZ PC- DDR Fatal ty Ethernet Onboard - Using RealTek Drivers from Windows Update Graphics Onboard ATI HD - Using AMD's Catalyst Drivers for x Windows

A:Loss of Internet Connectivty after connecting to VPN

Quote: Originally Posted by Laharl

I was trying to connect to my university's VPN for remote access to my files there.

Back on XP on my Acer Aspire 5612 WLMi, I would've installed
http://www.undergrad.engineering.uto...F/ecfpcnet.zip

and then Mapped a Network Drive and I would be able to connect to H:\ on the server and retain internet connection.

On Windows 7 on my AMD Phenom X3 Desktop, the installer fails. Instead I go to Network and sharing Center and set up the VPN that way, inputting the IP and such.

The VPN connects and I am able to map my network drive and access the files on the network drive; however, while I am connected to the VPN I lose access to the internet through my LAN connection (Network & Sharing center indicates my computer is not connected to the internet. Firefox, Opera, IE can't reach google, yahoo, etc).

When I disconnect from the VPN, I get internet connection back instantly (Network & Sharing Center indicates my computer is connected to the internet and the FFox, Opera, IE all regain their ability to connect to websites).
I know this may not be very clear wording, let me know if you need more details.

------
CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8650
Motherboard: ASUS M3A76-CM
Memory: 4x2GB OCZ PC-8500 DDR2 Fatal1ty
Ethernet: Onboard 10/100/1000 - Using RealTek Drivers from Windows Update
Graphics: Onboard ATI HD3000 - Using AMD's Catalyst Drivers for x64 Windows 7

This probably has to do something with Windows 7 or your VPN. I also use VPN, but I use it on XP Pro. If your VPN, works great on XP, then that means that Windows 7 has a problem. You could send them feedback and ask them to fix it. Windows 7 is in its beta position which means that not everything is going to work perfectly on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/14224-loss-internet-connectivty-after-connecting-vpn.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings forum users

I have 2 monitors hitched up to the same GPU 1 via DVI input 1 via VGA when i turn monitor number 2 on (vga) it causes me to lose my broadband connection totally! the pc is hard wired to the sky hub i hitched the 2 monitors up around 3 months ago and all was fine, it started to do this around a week ago so yesterday i decided to do a format and fresh re install now today it has started to do it again all of the drivers were correctly reinstalled ASUS Board and Lan drivers GPU drivers etc has anybody heard of this happening and know what i can do to stop it??

Thanks in advance
Rm

A:Internet connection loss due to 2 monitors

only DVI: internet works?
only VGA: internet works?

Goto "Device Manager". Any devices with faulty drivers? Any "Other Devices" in list?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/290889-internet-connection-loss-due-2-monitors.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The above always looses its connection on the internet with the router and dsl AT&T I know I need to set up the DELL VISTA SOFTWARE. Can you tell me what site to go to to configure or why you have to turn off router and turn on agin to get connection? Thanks f

A:windows vista and loss of internet DSL

Sounds like you have a problem with the router or the connection from the router to your ISP. Call them and get it checked. You don't say where you are so this makes it difficult to be helpful. Please add your country and some basic system specs to your profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-and-loss-of-internet-dsl.89903/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys first time posting so let me know if i forget anything Hardware DIR- NA firmware Wired PC windows PS Wireless DELL windows HP windows HPa and HPb smartphones Description Everything wired always works the dell wireless internet connection loss of Periodic always works and HPa always works along with all of the cell phones HPb will connect to Periodic loss of internet connection the router always as in it see s the router and connects using AES security For between - minutes everything will work correctly transfer speeds are fast and everything is working For no reason the laptop will lose quot Internet connection quot only NOT the connection to the router But all of the over devices continue to work correctly so i know the router has internet connected i would have Periodic loss of internet connection to disconnect from the router and reconnect and that gives me another - minutes of connection I have checked a load of stuff but i cannot figure it out Here is a netBIOS C Users Cat gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- CAT-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered CAT-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users Cat gt Let me know if you have any ideas that would be great nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I have a problem where I lose connection to the internet for usually only about 10-30 seconds and then it reconnects. This happens about every 5 minutes and sometimes even more frequently. Roadrunner has been out twice and replaced all the cables and the modem which did not work. I have the problem when going through both the router and a direct connect from the modem. The lights on the modem stay on throughout the losses. I am running under Windows 7 Home Premium on an ASUS i7 920 with a Realtek PCIe GBE network adapter. This is driving me crazy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Intermittent loss of internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by mzoellner

I have a problem where I lose connection to the internet for usually only about 10-30 seconds and then it reconnects. This happens about every 5 minutes and sometimes even more frequently. Roadrunner has been out twice and replaced all the cables and the modem which did not work. I have the problem when going through both the router and a direct connect from the modem. The lights on the modem stay on throughout the losses. I am running under Windows 7 Home Premium on an ASUS i7 920 with a Realtek PCIe GBE network adapter. This is driving me crazy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you by chance running "homegroup" for networking. It has on some systems a connectivity issue. It uses IPv6 which on some hardware (especially older hware) does have connectivity and latency problems You can test that by making a new new nettork connection using "workgroup" instead. If it works you then can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/100738-intermittent-loss-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Basically I think something has infected my help!!!! internet of connection, NT services and loss NT services and is somehow stopping all my programs if not most from connecting This includes updating and NT services and loss of internet connection, help!!!! just basic login services aim and steam for example I see a ton of svchosts like running in the background I cannot connect to the internet on most programs except firefox oddly enough I patched firefox and it stopped working so I had to do a system restore to fix it and it now works fine as long as I don't update it Same with Internet Explorer I have internet but something stopped it from working or is at least stopping almost all my programs from connecting to the internet I think something might have infected my computer and is blocking my internet Virus and malware scans have turned up nothing When I try to end svchost my computer gives me a NT services error and forces a shutdown min countdown Any help I really need my internet back for my school work Here is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Documents and Settings Jordan Desktop HiJackThis exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run JMB X Configure C WINDOWS System JMRaidTool exe boot O - HKLM Run AsusServiceProvider C Program Files ASUS AASP aaCenter exe O - HKLM Run Ai Nap quot C Program Files ASUS Ai Suite AiNap AiNap exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IM C Program Files IM IMLauncher exe boot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime Alternative qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run WGV C Program Files WGV WGV exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run igndlm exe C Progra... Read more

A:NT services and loss of internet connection, help!!!!

Sorry forgot to upload DSS text

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Jordan on 2008-03-27 23:02:33
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HijackThis (run as Jordan.exe) ----------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:02:34 PM, on 3/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Jordan\Desktop\Jordan.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X Configure] C:\WINDOWS\System32\JMRaidTool.exe boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsusServiceProvider] C:\Program Files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.01\aaCenter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IM] C:\Program Files\IM\IMLauncher.exe /boot:1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime Alternative\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WGV] C:\Program Files\WGV\WGV.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [igndlm.exe] C:\Program Files\IGN\Download Manager\DLM.exe /windowsstart /startifwork
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Gr... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/nt-services-and-loss-of-internet-connection-help-234531.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My original internet loss of Google Redirect, post I started out with the google redirect virus that seems to be hitting alot of people My anitvirus software AVG picked up that there was a bug and it said that it quarantined it This kept happening for days Then all of a sudden I see the dreaded antimalware doctor anitmalware tool kit messages popping up I found bleepingcomputer com and followed the steps to remove that nasty little thing and the damn antimalware doctor toolkit remains in place I did have to change the name of Google Redirect, loss of internet the malwarebytes exe file in order to open it as the lovely virus wouldn t let me open the program I was Google Redirect, loss of internet using firefox and during one of my many scans it said their was an issue with firefox and I could no longer access the internet with it so I uninstalled firefox and tried using internet explorer However now internet explorer says I have no internet connection either I am currently in safe mode trying once again to run the malwarebytes to see if can find it again I am using another computer for internet connection so I don t know how I am going to post logs in here unless I retype it all I have found a way to get the log in here whew PLEASE HELP DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Walk-a-thon Winner at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC R FWJFW pev exeC Documents and Settings Walk-a-thon Winner Desktop Defogger exeC Documents and Settings Walk-a-thon Winner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www aol com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllTB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun Weather c program files aws weatherbug Weather exe uRun k ccreloc exe c documents and settings walk-a-thon winner application data d a fa a e d f eb k ccreloc exemRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exemRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exemRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exemRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun DivXUpdate quot c program files divx divx update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWmRun AVG TRAY c program files avg avg avgtray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot dRunOnce rmoc dll OCX regsvr exe s quot c windows system rmoc dll quot StartupFolder c docume walk-a startm programs startup adobem lnk - c program files adobe media player Adobe Media Player exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup mcafee lnk - c program files mcafee security scan SSScheduler exeStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup ramasst lnk - c windows system RAMASST exeIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Se amp nd to OneNote - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E... Read more

A:Google Redirect, loss of internet

Good evening. Download aswMBR.exe from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the tool to run it. Click the Scan button to, well, start the scan - obvious really! Once the scan reports "Scan finished successfully", which takes less than a minute on my system, click Save log. On my system it offers to save it to the Desktop, which may or may not be it's default behaviour, but it's as handy a place as any. You'll also see a file called MBR.dat appear as well - this is a backup that it created, just in case it's needed. Keep it handy for now.I'd like the contents of aswMBR.txt in your next reply, if you'd be so kind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389271/google-redirect-loss-of-internet/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi For the past year or so internet of loss Sudden access I ve been using a telstra broadband manager USB to connect to the internet now all of a sudden I am getting no internet access not just from the broadband manager but from other networks aswell I have tried my phones hotspot other USB s and WiFi s to none of them working It would start up and work for about seconds and then internet access would just cut out completely I have AVG Internet Security installed and I have tried disabling the firewall Windows firewall also and yet it still doesn t work Code SIZE quot quot Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jake Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Sudden loss of internet access disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Tunngle Physical Address -FF-D -FD-A -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- - -AD- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ZTE Wireless Ethernet Adapter Physical Address -A -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d e f df a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- -EE-B - -F - F- C- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address CA-F -DA- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Sudden loss of internet access Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -F - F- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C F- A E- A -A B - F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes SIZE nbsp

A:Sudden loss of internet access

I would start by uninstalling AVG, run the AVG Remover, and ...

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7 and 8.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-loss-of-internet-access.1084670/
Relevancy 44.29%

My connection to the internet keeps shutting down. I have to repeatedly use the ipconfig/release and then ipconfig/renew command to re-establish the connection. It happened every few months and then more frequently until now it happens every day.