Windows Support Forum

Processor

Q: Processor

My mom wants to buy an i3 desktop since its cheaper than i5 and says we can just upgrade to a new i5 processor once we have the money, is this a good idea or just wait till we have the money and buy the desktop with i5? my brother is the one who will use it for graphic stuff he is into special effects.. I hope I can get some idea about this.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Processor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Processor

You are better off going straight for the I5. Intel change their sockets every few years so when you upgrade, you may need to purchase a new motherboard (more costly) or buy the outdated I5 processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor.194444/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

A:Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 37.84%

Quad processors are darn expensive You can have a hand in helping me build my new laptop Speed is a priority when I use my computer for PLEASURE I can deal with an occasional slowdown When I use my computer for a WORK or a SCHOOL project and I experience a slowdown I feel like breaking bodies or punching a hole in the wall I m buying a new laptop I ll be using it primarily for work and school I d say quad a buy I Decision processor? or time: should a processor duo of the time that I use the laptop it will be used for serious - business stuff primarily work and school That s why when I customize my new laptop I m going Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? to customize it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor to have as much speed as possible and as high a flow rate as possible Is that a good build strategy My work school laptop will gt be used for heavy Internet duty gt be used heavily for programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop and Flash gt i will not be using it for computer games but note if i have to sell the laptop on Craigslist in a year or two I d like this laptop to appeal to gamers so I can sell it quicker faster gt i don t have a lot of disposable income The quad processor costs a few hundred dollars more Since I ll be using my Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? computer for work and school and since I might be making more money a year from now If I have to and with your advice I ll pay the extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 37.84%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello everyone,

I want to build a new system, and I was wondering just what the differences between a sever processor and a desktop processor are.

Would I see gaming performance decrease by using a Quad Server Core or a Quad Desktop Core?

I wanted to build a dual socket server core and have 8 physical cores.

Thoughts?

A:Server Processor Vs. Desktop Processor

I dont think any games are designed to take advantage of a dual socket setup. Windows Server OS's are designed to take advantage of dual socket setups. Some newer games are coming out which take advantage of single socket dual or quad core setups on desktops. A server based PC would not gain any performance for games IMO. You are better off investing the extra $ in a good video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-processor-vs-desktop-processor.137017/
Relevancy 27.09%

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz (8MB L2 Cache) - Q6600

or

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.66GHz (4MB L2 Cache) Q8400

From my computer knowledge the Q6600 is better over the Q8400. Someone tell me otherwise? I will be gaming, YouTube videos

Technical Specifications for both processors (List) link: Intel? Core?2 Quad Processor - Specifications

A:Which processor is better?

Got the answer. I was wrong.

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

From what I know from the intel website in the above post, the transistor size of the processor is smaller, therefore it doesn't require as much Caching as the Q6600 does.

Q6600 = 65nm
and
Q8400 = 45nm

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/152977-processor-better.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have 512 megabytes of RAM and my processor is a 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron. I do a lot of multitasking on the computer, I don't usually run it above 80% used RAM but that makes it very sluggish. I am wondering which I should upgrade first, processor or RAM. I don't have enough money for both and I'd be upgrading mostly el cheapo as it is. Which upgrade would give me more speed for the spend in this case?

Relevancy 27.09%

Hello,
This is the processor that am using
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3065 Mhz
How can i know whether it's 32 or 64 bit processor, thanks.

A:Processor

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php
Will tell you everything you ever wanted to know...

I don't think Intel makes a 64bit desktop Pentium chip, I think you have to buy a Xeon or another workstation class CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor.442742/
Relevancy 27.09%

i took out my processor because i wanted to upgrade it, but when i put the processor (same one ive had in) back into my computer, nothing happens. it starts up and all, the lights flash, but it doesnt boot up and it tells me theirs no input signal. any suggestions on how to fix this ?

A:took out my processor

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Did you apply new thermal paste? If not, you will need to do so.

See HERE for instructions on how to apply thermal paste.

Is the heatsink properly attached?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/took-out-my-processor.53934/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I just finished building a computer, and I deeply desire to put windows vista ultimate 64 bit on it as duh my operating system, but I got my processor off of amazon.com and I know how 2 put computers 2gether, what each part does, and the basics like differences in ddr and sata and all that crap but im an idiot when it comes 2 what the computer can and will be able 2 do, I bought a Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz processor and I think thats good for a 64 bit operating system but i just want 2 make sure... I'm sure some of u r out there thinking what an idiot, but i assure u im not entirely dumb with computers... and I plan on using it for hard core gaming so would a 64 bit system be alot slower then a 32?

A:64 bit processor? Do I have one?

Virtually every chip over the last 5 years, probably a lot more, is 64 bit. The quad are all of that type. The distinction between 32 and 64 bit is almost entirely a software issue. 64 bit chips were hailed, when they came out, as the greatestt hing ever, unfortunarly MS didnt feel like writing huge amounts of new code ( I assume anyway) and stuck with 32. So while the hardware tech is there, the software support wasnt.
So yes, 64 will work fine. However, in terms of gaming, I dont think you will find any real difference. Drivers are rarer for 64 bit systems, and some hardware may not work as a result. If you know you can get drivers for everything, then by all means go for it. there are 64 bit versions of a few games, byt many ar still 32. As such, I would say go for 32 for now, them compatability wont be an issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/64-bit-processor-do-i-have-one.747659/
Relevancy 27.09%

im ordering a new computer for gaming and i dont know which processor is better, a dual core process with a lower speed(3.2) or a pentuim 4 with a higher speed(3.8)...here are the 2..... Pentium® D Processor 840 with Dual Core Technology (3.20GHz, 800FSB)...or....Pentium® 4 Processor 670 with HT Technology (3.80GHz, 800 FSB)

Relevancy 27.09%

I was just wondering which processor is better for gaming or are they around the same.

Socket 462 Athlon XP 2800+ (yes I know its a VERY old socket)
Socket 478 Pentium 4 2.26 ghz Northwood (yes i know this socket is a bit old too...)

I have had the P4 for awhile now but i just had a chance the other day to get the Athlon XP and a mobo for free so I was wondering if i should put it in my mian gaming computer to replace the P4 (which is in there now) or if I should leave the P4 in there.

the Athlon XP is a bit old, but that depnds on how old your P4 is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processor-is-better.54350/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys, as many might know I had a problem with an old mainboard, so I bought an ASRock M3A770DE to replace it. Now I've got to buy a processor. Being out of the game and doing all this research online, I'm stumped to as what I should try and get.

First of all, here is the mainboard:
Newegg.com - ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

I bought 6GB's of matched OCZ 1600mhz RAM, which means I also had to buy 64bit Windows 7 in order to utilize this amount of RAM. Now I just need some advice and some help on what kind of processor to get. My budget is $100-$120

I'd like to hear what you guys think, who's using what, and what you're happy with.

Thanks in advance!

A:What Processor Should I Go With?

Here is the CPU support list for that board: ASRock > Products > M3A770DE > CPU Support List

One of these should be suitable (all are boxed processors and come complete with a heatsink and fan):

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX645WFGMBOX
The following processor is just over your budget by $5, but is certainly worth considering:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGMBOX

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142523-what-processor-should-i-go.html
Relevancy 27.09%

two questions.
1. My tower has a 64 bit Athlon Processor. The old tower had a 32 bit processor. If I'm thinking correctly, the 64 is double the information it can process, which makes it a faster processor??. It isn't just a faster processor, it handles more information?? Is this correct??

2. The new Vista Operating System is 32-bits. Why wouldn't it be 64 bits, since there are 64 bit towers out there now. Can the 32 bit Vista work properly with a 64 bit tower??

A:32 vs 64 bit processor

1. 64-bit processors do twice as many calculations or instructions as a 32-bit processor does, in the same amount of time... Relating this to overall speed, your programs that use a lot of CPU time would work more efficiently

2. Vista is made to run 64-bit applications and processes. It can handle 32-bit applications too. I have a 64-bit Intel processor running 32-bit Windows XP Pro, SP2. So the answer is yes...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/32-vs-64-bit-processor.68645/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys, just a quick question which processor is stronger? (accroding to rank)
will it be a
AMD Turion x64 x2 mobile technology at 1.9GHZ
OR
P4 2.4GHz
OR
P4 3 GHz
Thanks

A:processor?

have a look here
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

you can search for those porcessors and compare performance/benchmark figures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor.1079183/
Relevancy 27.09%

e2-3200 2.4 ghz processor is it good for gaming

A:processor

How long is a rope?

You have asked a question that does not have a definitive answer. You need to post what games you want to play, your exact system specs ie mb, if you have a real video card installed or do you intend to use the on chip video, etc, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor.1071005/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550...I assume this meanthere are 4 proc on the chip (or vice-verse) ...If one of the chips, or 1/4 of the Processor goes south...will the entire chip seize...or will you still have 3 chip operating??

I ask this because i am always getting a listing in my event viewer stating that
1 is in Idle State
3 are in performance state
0 are in throttle state...the complete msg here:
- System

- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
[ Guid] {0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}

EventID 26

Version 0

Level 4

Task 4

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2010-03-19T19:46:39.713223300Z

EventRecordID 1750

Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 48

Channel System

Computer PaulyP-PC

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

Group 0

Number 0

IdleStateCount 1

PerfStateCount 3

ThrottleStateCount 0

IdleState 01

PerfState 110B0000640000002009000052000000D307000046000000

A:Processor QQQ...is it all or nothing??

Quote: Originally Posted by PaulyStones

I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550...I assume this meanthere are 4 proc on the chip (or vice-verse) ...If one of the chips, or 1/4 of the Processor goes south...will the entire chip seize...or will you still have 3 chip operating??

I ask this because i am always getting a listing in my event viewer stating that
1 is in Idle State
3 are in performance state
0 are in throttle state...the complete msg here:
- System

- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
[ Guid] {0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}

EventID 26

Version 0

Level 4

Task 4

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2010-03-19T19:46:39.713223300Z

EventRecordID 1750

Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 48

Channel System

Computer PaulyP-PC

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

Group 0

Number 0

IdleStateCount 1

PerfStateCount 3

ThrottleStateCount 0

IdleState 01

PerfState 110B0000640000002009000052000000D307000046000000

Pauly

Things like this are often resolved by a bios update. Just be sure you have a backup and restore point in case.

It isnt saying that it is broken just that 1 core is idle

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72245-processor-qqq-all-nothing.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I plan on using my new buld for gaming and I'm wanting a faster computer than my TouchSmart with a Turion X2 64.

I also don't want to spend more than $100 on it, and thus far I have compiled a list of processors that I'm good with having. But I want to know what would be the best deal, with the price and performance ratio.

Athlon II X3 @ 2.9 GHz

Athlon II X2 @ 3.1 GHz

Athlon II X4 @ 2.6 GHz

Phenom II X2 @ 3.1 GHz

Athlon II X4 @ 2.8 GHz

Phenom II X2 Black Edition @ 3.2 GHz

Athlon II X2 @ 2.8 GHz

I plan on staying away from Intel, simply because I've had bad experiences with them. If there are even better ones then that, I need one that is compatible with Socket AM3, and uses no more than 140W.

A:Which processor should I get?

Personally, I'd recommend a Phenom II X4 if you really want quad core. You'll get a million different suggestions here, some say that you can overclock the crappier (Athlon) processors, others say you should just get a dual core.

If you want the power of quad core, you might as well get one with a decent cache size. Granted, you can overclock the slower processors, but I think you'll have much better luck if you buy a Phenom II X4 at a little lower speed than an Athlon II X4 and overclock the Phenom. The Phenom will have a larger cache size which will help with everything you do.

Here's an open box X4 940 (3.0G / 6M) for $100 Newegg.com - Open Box: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor
Or a brand new X4 925 (2.8G / 6M) for $130 Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor

If you're looking for power and processing capabilities, you're going to be much better off getting a processor with a larger cache. It'll serve you much better than the equivalent Athlon II X4 w/ a 2M L2.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you were gaming. You should know that beyond the processor speed, you also need to really think about your graphics card. Graphics cards are the most important part of a gaming system. Don't skimp on whatever you buy. Personally, if you want to play all of the newer games at decent settings and frame rates you'll need a GTX 260 or it's equivalent from ATI. You might be able to get away with a 9800 GTX but Id recommend the 260 due to the fact that the memory bandwidth is so much higher.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83199-processor-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Which processor would best match this setup:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
2GB Muskin PC3200 RAM, 2-3-2-6
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT/GTO TOP

I currently have a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2GHz.

I don't want to change any other hardware, just the processor. Because in my oppinion, it's getting rather slow.

The reason I'm asking is because I haven't checked hardware news in a while, and I'm affraid that if I choose one myself, I might choose something outdated or something that doesn't work well in this system. It's main job is running Photoshop/3DSMax, Pinnacle TV, playing games and watching movies.

A:Which new processor?

take a look at a 3 ghz amd +6000

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-new-processor.74295/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys, i need some help picking out a new processor. I also had some questions about being able to run it in my Mobo. Its an OEM MCP61PM-GM, I tried doign some research online but results were inconsistent. I was looking to upgrade to either a Athalon II x4 635 2.9 GHz or a Phenom II X2 555 3.2 GHz Black Edition. What would you guys recommend? Also which one has better performance, the quad core or the higher G Hz's? Its not the installation im worried about, its the performance or the incompatibility. im also open to suggestions. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advanced.

A:New Processor

I'm hoping someone more familiar can confirm, but I don't think either are supported by your MB:

Processor Support

Supports AMD? AM2 Socket K8 Athlon? 64 X2, Athlon? 64, Athlon? FX, and Sempron? processors under 89 watt power consumption

Specs

It doesn't seem to support x4 at all, and the other CPU you list is AM3, and that doesn't appear to be supported either.

Is a new PC even in sight on your horizon? I know you want to upgrade, but you may be better served to save the $ for the next PC. If not, looks like you have limited CPU upgrade possibilities. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/97600-new-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Is core i 7 720 QM good for a laptop?

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All

Which Processor or PC is better. I have 1 Intel Pentium 3(iii) Processor 933MHz and a intel(R) Celeron(R) D cpu 3.46GHz.
Could someone let me know which 1 is faster or better.

Regards.

A:Which Processor is Better

i use this site to compare cpu - i have found it ok so far

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-processor-is-better.1056546/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I'm trying to decide between these two processors as I'm on a budget though these are inside Zoostorm tower desktops.

I have no idea what processor is better than the both of them have the Sandybridge architecture, these processors are the Intel Pentium Dual Core G840 or the G630. I think that they are stripped down versions of the i3 or i5 processors.

I will enclose the specs for both for further analysis if required as any thing is better than my 8 year old Dell Dimension 5150.

Zoostorm with G840 and the Zoostorm with G630

A:Processor Help?

i often use this site to give me a guide on different CPUs when deciding between laptops for friends

but theres usually other things that end up making the final decision

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-help.1057704/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm looking at purchasing another basic computer to have in our downstairs area, like I really need another one, and I've narrowed the choices to a few which seem to have pretty good reviews for our price point $500-$650. My question concerns the CPU which I know is the most important piece of hardware, but gets hard to sort through with the different model nomenclature. Which of the following would you recommend:
Pentium dual core T4300
Intel Core 2 duo T6500
Turion II M500
Anthlon II P320
Thanks for your input.
Brayton

A:Which Processor is Better

personally i would go for the turionII m500........ but i'm a amd fan. this IS a laptop you're looking at right? the turionII m500 supports hardware virtualization you know

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127671-processor-better.html
Relevancy 27.09%

What will happen if I accidentally installed a Windows 7 ultimate x64 bit on a Intel Core 2 Duo that is x86 bit based processor?

Is there a chance that my processor will be broken?

A:About The Processor..

Quote: Originally Posted by R3MiX

What will happen if I accidentally installed a Windows 7 ultimate x64 bit on a Intel Core 2 Duo that is x86 bit based processor?

Is there a chance that my processor will be broken?

No, x86 processors support both 32-bit and 64-bit
All Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs supports 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156946-about-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I've been looking into building a new PC and I'm not sure which processor is faster or better for my gaming needs. I figured whichever is most expensive has to be the better one, but I would rather be safe than sorry, so I thought I had better ask.

AMD ATHLON 64 FX 60 (2.6GHz) 939-PIN 2X1MB L2 CACHE 64-BIT DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR - OEM

INTEL PENTIUM 965 EXTREME EDITION LGA775 DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR @ 3.73GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 CACHE EM64T HYPER THREADING TECHNOLOGY

I just want to build a computer that I can use for a really long time and I won't need to upgrade it.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot =)

A:Which is a better processor?

The FX-60 is better. The FX-62 is the best. Soon the X6800 will be out to be the top gamming chip. The E6400 will out perform AMD's best for $316, if you can wait two months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-a-better-processor.51532/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am looking for the Best Processor for under ?95. I am looking for a good gaming Processor. Dont mention i3 because im looking for alternatives. If you could also say WHY you think it is good.

Thxs in advance

A:Best processor for under £95

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Bulldoze...5915992&sr=8-2

at ?90 from amazon is a great cpu, 6 cores, amd do make great cpu's and given budget restrictions you won't get better.

i use an intel myself but not because amd don't make comparable cpu's, my choice was because of i already had the motherboard.

pair it up with a decent graphics card and you'll be more than happy.

one option anyway but not much choice at the price range certainly nothing worth thinking about from intel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248929-best-processor-under-95-a.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I may be getting a new processor for a really good deal (clearance sale). I currently have a P4 2.26ghz. I was wondering if a Celeron 2.6 ghz is better or worse or the same. Just wanna know.

A:Getting a New Processor

What kind of P4? williamette?, northwood?, prescott?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-a-new-processor.40955/
Relevancy 27.09%

hey I got a question I just bought a processor and windows 8.1. Although I cant install it due to the processor I had I got a new one Intel Slgjm Pentium Processor T4300. I don't know if this processor is for a laptop or what because it has a smaller top. I need help. I don't know if I am supposed to take the top off and place another one in its place.

Relevancy 27.09%

I'm planning on upgrading my processor but I don't know which one to get. I asked 2 of my friends who have a good processor.

Friend 1: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
Friend 2: AMD Phenom X4 II 955 BE 3.2GHz

They both are getting good fps in a game that requires a good processor while i'm only getting around 20 fps.
Here is the summary of my computer that Speccy gave me:

Operating System
. MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
. AMD Athlon II X3 425 51 ?C
. Rana 45nm Technology
RAM
. 7.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
. Acer RS780HVF (AM2) 55 ?C
Graphics
. W2343 ([email protected])
. ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
. ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 47 ?C
. CrossFire Disabled
Hard Drives
. 977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1 SCSI Disk Device (RAID)
Optical Drives
. ATAPI DVD A DH16AASH ATA Device
. ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
. USB PnP Sound Device
So which would be the better processor to buy?

A:Which New Processor Should I Get:

You want to change the processor only, nothing else?

If so, that eliminates the Intel. I did not check to see if the AMD Phenom X4 II 955 BE is compatible with your existing motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250338-new-processor-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have an AMD Sempron 2200+ that runs about 1500 Mhz. Is there anyway of improving performance short of overclocking? If not, what is a safe overclock of the Sempron and would it be worth it?

A:Getting the most out of AMD processor

You could put a amd xp processor in there what ever the maxx that board will support. Faster front side bus. Better video card if it will support it that is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-most-out-of-amd-processor.385828/
Relevancy 27.09%

On my old computert that is running as a server now. the processor fan went up. so i bought a new one. but i was wondering which way should the air be blowing. Into the heatsink or pulling air through it?
Thanxs

A:Processor Fan..

Generally the fan blows air towards the fins if the heatsink. Certain heatsink makers such as Alpha concieve them in a way that's best suited for the air to be sucked away from the heatsink. The general rule is air towards the heatsink though.

Do you have any info on the heatsink ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-fan.37125/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello again ..
I am going to get a memory upgrade again i would like to know ..
i have an MSI MOBO that supports dual channel @ 400 speed ..
i am running now a AMD 2400+ @ 2.0 and the memory i am running in 512 @ 266 speed ...what i want to do is buy this memory here -->
Twinmos DDR 512MB PC3200 400MHz CL2.5

184 iedge connector pads.

Features:
• Clock Frequency: 200/166/133 MHz
• SSTL-2 interface: 3.3 Voltage +/- 0.3V; 2.5 Voltage +/- 0.2 V
• Package: TSOP/j sTSOP/CSP.

Specifikationer:
• Data Transfer Rate: 400/ 333/ 266 Mhz
• Double iData Rate jarchitecture

will this work with my system ...
cheers for the reply . or anyother suggestions .

Relevancy 27.09%

I've had no luck finding an exact answer on the web, so here I am. I have a vague idea (i.e. the old 286,386,486 Intel Processors) but I have no clue as to what makes a CPU a x86 processor or not. I know that some server processors are non-x86, but that pretty much exhaust my knowledge on the subject. Can you help me?

A:What exactly is an x86 processor?

ArmyofKirb said:

I have a vague idea (i.e. the old 286,386,486 Intel Processors)Click to expand...

Actually modern day CPUs still use the x86 architecture. Of course there still are CPUs that dont (like the itanium).

here is a nice read here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-exactly-is-an-x86-processor.36172/
Relevancy 27.09%

i need to know the jumper setting on a avalon computer so it will read that it has a 500 mhz processor in it instead of a 300mhz the windows xp pro won't show it because the coms won't .please help if you can. the model no#on the computer is gone.the processor is an adm k6 2/500afr that fit's a socket 7 on the mother board.

Relevancy 27.09%

I want to buy a new processor for my Gateway 310 Series, I am between the Pentium 4 Northwood socket 478 or the Celeron D 2.8 Prescott. I do some gaming, specially GTA Vice City, Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix and some other old games. I currently have a :knock: Celeron 2.6 GHZ Northwood 128K Cache, Barracuda 40GB 5400 RPM ATA 100 hard drive, ATI Radeon 7200 32MB :knock: PCI
256MB DDR 333 MHZ PC3200. I want to have the most frames per second out of this machine.
Any upgrade suggestions will be very nice.
Thanks.

A:Best processor...

you want to upgrade a gateway? i wouldn't waste any more time/money on it, for many reasons. you should chack what your machine can support before you pick out parts, if you are still interested in upgrading. the problem si that serious performance bottlenecks will still be present, with the motherboard and current graphics card. the next best thing to a new machine you can do is to get an i865pe board and an atx case/psu, using your current cpu, ram, gfx card, drives until you've got the cash to upgrade those, too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-processor.34256/
Relevancy 27.09%

This:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103596
Or this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

They are the same speed and have the same size cache. What makes the $10 difference.

A:What processor is better

well an opteron is more of a server type prossor while the 3700+ is more of an everyday desktop- gamming mmechine prossor , out of those yuo should chose the 3700+ san deigo if your gamming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-processor-is-better.42044/
Relevancy 27.09%

hai friends,
I'm thinking of replacing my desktop processor.
I'm interested in Intel but my budget ain't for i5 or i7 processor.
I need suggestions.I'm interested in core 2 duo or core 2 core.Is there any better processor?
Is i3 in the above said processor's range?

A:Which is better processor?

Quote: Originally Posted by christin91

hai friends,
I'm thinking of replacing my desktop processor.
I'm interested in Intel but my budget ain't for i5 or i7 processor.
I need suggestions.I'm interested in core 2 duo or core 2 core.Is there any better processor?
Is i3 in the above said processor's range?

What's your motherboard? (Compatibility.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247408-better-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm building a computer and I need a processor for it. I have a P4X400 SOYO Dragon Lite motherboard, does anybody know what the fastest processor is, or where I can find it?

A:need help with processor

Go to this site and sign up and u can then post in the forums. Its great they have a whole section devoted to bulding a computer, they will help you choose parts, give you feedaback, make sure you get the best quality parts for ur money etc.
http://www.tech-forums.net/index.php?referrerid=35439
Hope it helps

P.S And if u could be so kind to fill me in as your referrer when u sign up my username is Crusader.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-processor.43210/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey, i experience lag in games that i know i shouldn't as i have an ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb and 2GB Ram. So why do i lag? i was thinking about my processor could be the problem to this as it is only an Intel 1.8Ghz celeron processor. If i upgraded to a 3.2Ghz, would it increase my performance and decrease the lag?

A:Processor lag

What games are you wanting to improve your performance on?

Chances are it is your CPU. Celerons are not really designed with gaming in mind. If you upgrade to a P4 or Pentium D, I think you'd notice a significant performance increase.

That said, your graphics card is also starting to get a little dated. Again, it all depends on what games you are wanting to play and at what screen resolution etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-lag.51258/
Relevancy 27.09%

Can someone tell me what a i5 processor should run temp wise? I just built a stock system with the stock cooling fan. The temp seems to be in the 58 - 60c range at idle.

A:i5 processor

Yeah, that's too high. Not dangerous, but high.

I run at around 40 in a warm room at idle. A typical temp is more like mid 30s in a low to mid 70s Fahrenheit room.

Check what is going on with your fans and heatsink.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172624-i5-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

need processor help?
amd a4 quad core /8gb/1tb/4078 total memory/512mb dedicated memory/3552 shared memory

or

i3 -3110m/4gb/500gb/no dedicated graphic card

A:processor help 13 or amd

It would be better to post a link to each machine or a full description.

Also, what do you intend to use the computer for?

If gaming then the graphics card will be key, detailed info on that would be very important. And which A4 processor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-help-13-or-amd.1105676/
Relevancy 27.09%

Based on this pic what CPU do I have and is the bus and multiplier correct? I cant find any AMD CPU that runs at 1.1xxxx

Thank you

-Jay

A:What processor do I have?

It looks like you have an Athlon 1700Xp, but the Host Bus Clock should be set at 133, instead of 100.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-processor-do-i-have.421065/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am in the process of speeding my computer up, adding RAM and the like, but I was wondering, seeing that I only have a 1.5ghz processor, is that going to hold me back? Will it make me have a slow PC no matter what I do to it?

Relevancy 27.09%

I currently have the Dell Inspiron 580s and I have the 1st gen core i5 650 at 3.2GHz
and was wondering id I could upgrade to the 2nd gen i5

Not that I'm aware of. They are different sockets. 1st gen is 1156 and 2nd gen is 1155.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206223-new-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a AMD Athlon XP 2700+ Thoroughbred 333MHz FSB and a MSI K7N2 Delta-L Socket A (Socket 462) motherboard. I need to get a CPU fan for this. I have no idea which one I am using now but it has recently gotten pretty loud. My computer also feels very hot. I don't think it is over heating, but maybe its a bit hotter than it should be.

I don't know much about this stuff, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a CPU fan that would be good for my setup. I don't want to spend a lot of money (I have no idea what the prices of these things are), but I'm willing to pay a little more if it means I will be getting a quiet fan. Any ideas on fans that do a great job, and are pretty quiet? Thanks!

Relevancy 27.09%

How good is an i3 processor compared to processors that pre-ceded it? Is there a major difference between i3 and i5. What will an i3 processor allow me to achieve?

A:i3 processor

They are the entry level of the new line.

i3, i5, i7, Quad Core, Dual Core Processors. How to they Differ? | Hardware | Windows Tools, Help & Guides

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...-i3-Models/951

http://www.guru3d.com/article/core-i...cessor-review/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223911-i3-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i have a gigabyte motherboard and i am looking to upgrade my processer. On gigabyte.com it says the highest processer my mother board can use is a "P4-Northwood 3.06G (HT)" What does northwood mean? im trying to find this processer on newegg but nothing is ocming up. Does anyone kno where to get this processer or what northwood means?

Relevancy 27.09%

ok i have a question to ask since i always hear talks about amd being the best for gaming apps but pentium being the best for video editing and multi tasking

my question what would be the best all around processor for doing pretty much every thing :grinthumb

also im new to the board so i guess this is my introduction to the people

A:what would be the best all around processor

Maybe the Athlon FX-60. It's dual core for multitasking. It might not be as good as a single core FX-57 for straight gaming but you said all around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-all-around-processor.43413/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello to all and I m glad I found such a good forum I processor or Bad what? m hoping I can find someone to help me solve an issue Thanks to anyone who can give me any feedback or suggestions I ll Bad processor or what? start from the beginning I had the problem on amp off for - months but seldom When the computer was turned on it would go to the blue HP screen press F for setup F for recovery and freeze on that screen After turning it off and on a couple few times it would come up ok No problems once it was running Problem became more frequent and did a restore back to before I remember the problem starting It got so I just wouldn t shut it off Then the other day my son turned it off and it won t come back up since What I ve tried Tried to get it to boot with disk I got from the microsft site Also tried a boot disk made from winternals ERD Commander I also tried to reboot from the HP s recovery disks I enabled the boot diagnostic screen to get rid of the blue screen The post seems to go ok up to a point It recognizes my floppy the HD and my CD RW and DVD Rom After the CD RW the post sceen goes black amp nothing happens If I start with a disk in the CD RW drive it does the same thing but the light for the drive stays on permanently I can here the drive spinning for about seconds and the light for the HD is on but then the light goes out the drive stays quiet and the screen goes black The fan stays running inside I can get into BIOS via F and I ve tried all possible combinations in the boot priority menu I have disconnected all cables from the motherboard one at a time and together and tried to restart I have pulled the CPU checked and reseated it Nothing seems to work or even change the results except When the memory card was out it wouldn t even come on and when the floppy was disconnected it gives me a disk error Also I get no beeps during the startup My BIOS is Phoenix version I listed my BIOS settings in a different thread I will move em here in another post So am I to understand that if I can access BIOS then my CPU is ok Could it be a problem with the bios chip itself And does it sound like the POST is successful or is it freezing towards the end And if the BIOS is detecting the drives why can t I get them to boot It would seem to me that since I can hear the drives kick into action then it s making it to the boot step but something is going wrong at that point Sorry for all the questions but I m tring to brainstorn this Any input would be a big help And please ask any questions you need for clarification Oh one other thing how should the jumpers be set on my drive s to make sure they are set up properly to boot from Thank you Rusty nbsp

A:Bad processor or what?

in your case, getting it looked at by a technician would be wise.

sounds liek a problem with either the motherboard or psu (both of notable crappiness on hp systems). both require a technician with experience and tools to properly diagnose.

your drives should have jumpers on the back, the one at the end of the ribbon cable is always master. if there is another drive on the middle connector, that will be set to slave. sata cables support one drive and jumpers are not involved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-processor-or-what.34770/
Relevancy 27.09%

Just got the athlon X2 3800 Dual Core today. Got it for 90 bucks! My 3200 single core was a lot more than that when I first got it. I have been hearing that AMD is most likely coming out with a new and faster chip! Anyone else hear if it is faster or just as fast as Inel's Quad chip?

It will be awhile, and is still not expected to be competitive with the Intel Core 2 Duo.... AMD has their work cut out for them... they are stretched a bit too thin with the acquisition of ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-processor.76138/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi everyone.

I've built a computer for a company and it powered on fine, started the windows installation and missed the ACPI stuff. So I turn it off and back on, now I get no video. No beeps. I've tried multiple monitors and multiple video cards.
So my other tech thought there wasn't enough thermal grease.

We pulled out the processor and reapplied thermal grease. Still no show.
Stripped it down to the bare minimum, using on-board graphics and still nothing.

There was a spec of grease by the pins. So we're working on cleaning it out right now.

Anyone have any suggestions for me when this fails? Because I'm certain it's not that. She powers up fine but no display. Processor fried maybe?

A:Processor help

Culprit was the Gigabyte motherboard. Turns out the client has had the same problem before. We swapped out the motherboard and she runs fine.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-help.125657/
Relevancy 27.09%

Alright so I noticed that I was dropping A LOT of frames in an online FPS game Wait let me tell you my specs so - w/ 8GB Help Need Processor RAM GHz 2.80 you know what's going on ATI Radeon HD AMD Phenom II X Processor GB RAM Anyways as I was saying I play this game on a x Resolution at HIGH settings and I easily get frames at any given time Now it started going under even at a x on LOW settings I was a bit worried to this so after it continued I reformatted my PC Now this is when I started realizing that the overall speed of the PC is pretty slow So I updated all the drivers on my video card and updated windows because I just reformatted 2.80 GHz Processor w/ 8GB RAM - Need Help it Now when I say 'slow' I mean I spent dollars on this computer and I never expected that it would take a long time to get past the welcome screen and even in Sony Vegas which is an editing program like it was so slow I can't even use it the same with Photoshop it is extremely slow Then I thought to when I was playing a game earlier that day and it was like four on four and I was running my usual settings x and the frames we're pretty normal It was then when about more people joined it went back to it's rut which is like under FPS Then I thought that maybe it's not my Radeon that is acting up but my processor everything acts fine with say eight people but when sixteen join it has to quot process quot more hence the processor being slow Now this is just a theory but I got a friend who is extremely smart with computers and I told him and he replied with this quot As for your theory an overheating processor could throttle down to lower the temperature so it's a possibility quot I don't really know what that means but I spent a lot of money on this PC and even though I plan to upgrade my Radeon in a bit I never thought I would have to get a new processor this soon I bought the computer early November and the computer has been great I REALLY appreciate the help P S My OP is Win

Relevancy 27.09%

I'm wondering...can I upgrade the processor in my emachines/gateway n-10 laptop???

A:Processor...

The short answer is yes:
But it's a pain

Correct me if I am wrong but your machine has an AMD Sempron 3200 Processor, 60GB 4200 rpm Hard Hrive.

The Slow HDD could be the key to a bit more speed.The Standard now is 7200rpm,which would decrease data access time Considerably.
A bit more memory would help as well.

But first find out what your Mainboard is and then you can find out about CPU Support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor.548084/
Relevancy 27.09%

How slow is this processor? Athlon II Dual-Core P320 2.1 ghz

This is going to be in my sister's laptop. She's going to watch movies/videos (non HD), stream videos, stream music, photoshop and maybe other adobe product usage, web surfing, flash games, and facebooking.

A person who works at the laptop section for Best Buy said that processor can't do photoshop because it is going to be very slow and it can't play facebook flash games..... I think this information he provided is very false since my sister's pc, which is slower than the laptop she wants can do photoshop and play flash games.

Please make a response quick because the laptop is on sale for $399.99 CAD (from $549.99 and $499.99). Thx.

A:How bad is this processor?

I'm sorry. For a second I thought you said someone told you a dual-core CPU can't run flash games and Photoshop. My old ~600MHz Pentium 3 could handle flash games fine and ran an old version of Photoshop, so certainly that thing can.

According to this that processor does about average for an upper-mid range CPU. It's no i7, but it is up there with the i3.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/103890-how-bad-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

ok so i understand that there are certain brands of processors and i understand what a processor does its just i need some help...

1) what does it mean by dual-core/quad-core processor? Is this good?

2)I am getting a new computer and i want to make it completely custom built... what processor do you suggest i get?
I want a VERY fast computer... i am a person in a family of 5 and we need a fast family computer...

PLease i need a reliable, fast, somewhat cheap processor( i am not saying it has too be cheap, it just can't be CRAZY expensive)

Thanks in advance

A:What processor should I get?

The answer is mainly one of cost. The faster the processor, motherboard, and video card, the greater the cost, that can go up in big leaps to $2000 just for parts and components.
You can save money by considering AMD first, or the lower cost Intel like the E4600... the top one, in my opinion, is the E8500.
Fast components require better motherboards, significantly better power supplies, and tremendous upgrades in Video graphics cards.
You might want to get a good start by doing a Google search for Video Graphics cards until you know a fair amount about the differences between ATI and nVidia brands. Then do the same intensive searches for information on AMD vs Intel Processors.
Then read up on power supplies. There is a very good guide on this forum that will be helpful on which power supplies are good.
If you are on a budget, you can still get a very fast computer for $700 to $900 in components. But you will not be able to satisfactorily play the games on the leading edge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-processor-should-i-get.105585/
Relevancy 27.09%

so i'm running a p4 3.02GHz right now single core only. i've had it for about a year and it's getting sluggish. now i was thinkin possibly going core 2 duo now but my friend said wait possibly 3-4 months for amd's new processor, is there any word of a new processor in the next few months that will equal or surpass intels core 2 duo? if not should i get core 2 duo now?

A:which processor and when?

To go to AMD you'd need to replace a large amount of the computer, even going to a Core 2 Duo may require you to replace the motherboard, processor, memory and possibly even the video card and power supply. How much were you thinking of spending?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-processor-and-when.542117/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Im hoping one of best be would Which processor for ME the pros on the site can advise me as Which processor would be best for ME they have in the past I have recently installed a new Which processor would be best for ME antivirus amp other programmes which now seem too much of a drain on my CPU I notice that it is regularly upto percent amp PC is sluggish I think its time I invested in a new cpu amp am hoping I do not have to pay for a new motherboard So I hope someone can tell me the best Intel CPU that would be suitable for my system I only have about - to spare I currently have the following set up I hope I have included all relevant info Oh I forgot to mention current hard drives get quite hot so I presume I am right in saying the extra heat generated will mean I have to do SOMETHING with a bigger fan Many Thanks in advance Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States ECS P M PRO-M Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Hyper-threaded total Board ECS P M PRO-M Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AOPEN DUW ARR CD-ROM drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM CD-ROM drive SONY DVD RW DW-G A CD-ROM drive HDT DLAT Hard drive GB -- drive s n VD BT DKBBNC rev V OA A SMART Status Healthy SAMSUNG SP N Hard drive GB -- drive s n S E J DL rev BV - SMART Status Healthy Samsung STORY Station USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive ST AS USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d FAT on drive GB GB free i FAT on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free nbsp

Relevancy 27.09%

I am building a computer for a relative whom will be using it mainly for internet, photos, and child games. At this point I am wondering if I should go with an Intel Core 2 Quad or a Intel I5 Dual Core.

Here are the links to what I'm looking at.

Core 2 Quad

I5 Dual

Would I get better bang for my buck going with an older processor, or is that a mistake? I don't want the computer to feel out of date the day I build it either. Any help is appreciated. Remember that this will not be used for anything that requires a lot of computing power, but they want a quick computer regardless.

Thanks,

Relevancy 27.09%

I have a P4SD - VX motherboard in s Sony desk top. It has an extreamly noisy fan the model number is ,afb 0712 hhb,. I have searched for 2 days now trying to get confirmation on a compatable quieter fan and had no joy. Does anyone have any ideas please
Thanks in advanced for your time.

A:Processor Fan

Well I think i would prefer a straight swap with a better quieter fan. It seems like it should be straight forward but the existing fan has wierd brackes to clip into. Im not sure if when i buy a new fan it will come with brackets to screw into the motherboard or if i use the existing ones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-fan.99846/
Relevancy 27.09%

I will be buying an HP laptop today and have narrowed it down to two HP computers The main difference between the two is One has the AMD TK- Athlon X Dual-Core chip and the other has the Processor TL-60 AMD TK-57 vs. AMD Turion TL- X Dual-Core Chip and The computer with the TK- has kB on die level while the laptop with the TL- has at die level The computer will be used for basic home stuff internet searching word processing etc The laptop AMD Processor TL-60 vs. TK-57 will be running Vista AMD Processor TL-60 vs. TK-57 with GB Ram to start Unfortunately I ve got AMD Processor TL-60 vs. TK-57 to make a decision in a couple hours because the new computer is a swap out for a damage Gateway under an extended protection program Thus I trying to get a sense of the difference between these two chips and how they would run with Vista or affect battery life Of course the TL- laptops going to cost me a little more out of my pocket whereas the TX- laptop will basically be swapped out Any fast advice or education would be great Thanks Chris nbsp

A:AMD Processor TL-60 vs. TK-57

The TK as opposed to the TL has more cache. The model number also suggest that the 60 runs at a higher operating frequency (probably ensuring a slightly smaller battery life).

If you want more info about the different Turion 64 X2 processors, you can have a look at the Wikipedia page.

ps. I don't think there's such a thing as a TX-57 CPU, it's most likely the TK-57.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-tl-60-vs-tk-57.98327/
Relevancy 27.09%

I started up my computer this morning and it told me that i installed a new processor and asked how i wanted to boot. I did not install a new processor, so i told it to start normally and everything worked out fine. Does anyone know what happened?

A:A new processor?

Posting the exact message you saw may help us to assist you in finding the reason you received that.
Listing your computer specs would also help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-processor.97779/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is a 64 bit processor in unit, repeat only a 64 bit , not a 32/64 only a 64 chip.
tried to load windowsXp 32 bit operating system, loaded but several functions did not work. tried twice I assume this can't be done ?? correct?

Loaded windows 7 64bit works like a charm.

A:64 bit processor

Quote: Originally Posted by wilfj

This is a 64 bit processor in unit, repeat only a 64 bit , not a 32/64 only a 64 chip.
tried to load windowsXp 32 bit operating system, loaded but several functions did not work. tried twice I assume this can't be done ?? correct?

Loaded windows 7 64bit works like a charm.

A 64-bit processor supports 32-bit functions as well. If you're running a 32-bit OS, like Windows XP, it will operate only in 32-bit mode. It can be done. I used to use an Athlon 64 on my old rig with Windows XP 32-bit. What wasn't working and what are your computer's specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/91016-64-bit-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i want to know which one of these is better:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core hypertransporting 2.0ghz)

Intel Pentium 4 630 (3.0 Ghz)

thats all i know about the processors

A:Processor Help

The AMD CPU is dual-core and also far faster compared to the single-core Intel one. It is the better choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-help.109850/
Relevancy 27.09%

Type : Intel Pentium D
Internal Specification : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
Model Number : 840
Codename : SmithField

This is the processor I use in my computer, and according to PC Wizard it is now running at 98 Celsius! It usually runs at 70-74 degrees which is already quite hot, although it has a temperature control of 82 degrees. I've recently applied new thermal paste and cleaned the heat sink/fan, and I'm sure that it's socket correctly.

Obviously there is either a reporting problem with this program or my processor is actually at this ridiculous level of heat, so I need to figure this out.

A:My Processor - It's Too Hot

Sounds like you need to clean out your HeatSink/Fan.
I'd suggest getting a can of compressed air from your local computer depot and doing a thorough clean out of your case, holding onto all fans with one hand so they don't move and cleaning out the heat sinks and fan blades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-processor-its-too-hot.123721/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello,

sorry dont know where to quite put this post.. my question is... is there a way to find out if your processor needs to be replaced. To be alittle more specific i have been having all kinds of locking up both internet browsing and gaming. i now have installed the 64 bit version of home premium. when i push a key and watch the cpu performance monitor it sky rockets to 54% cpu usage.

I already have another post running on my gaming lock up issue and what not. thanks.

A:processor

nevermind, i have a short in my keyboard causing all of it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/54222-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

every now and then my processor goes to 100% while i'm playing music or on a website that uses flash. it might be my integrated graphics card but i'm not sure. could anyone help me with this?

A:processor goes to 100%

I suggest you track that with the Task Manager > Processes. Set it such that it shows the processes with the highest CPU utilization on top and also click on " Show processes from all users". With the information at hand, it is impossible to tell. Could be anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109454-processor-goes-100-a.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Is it possible for a bad processor to work in one motherboard and not another. I currently am having the issue where I am told this new board I got is tested and is functioning, but when I hook it up I get no post beeps. I have removed ram and video card and tried to get error beeps, but nothing. Checked all connections and everything is correct. My old board posts and runs with the same exact processor (athlon X2 4400+ toledo) I'm suspecting bad board. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 27.09%

I'm building a computer with an asus p5kpl-cm motherboard and an intel pentium dual core processor e5200 socket lga775. Is it true that I can simply install and run a 32 bit windows vista on this 64 bit capable processor and motherboard without changing any keywords? Something I found on an intel blog says it detects this automatically. If I must change a keyword (in the bios, etc.), which one? Thanks.

A:32 bit on 64 bit processor

Yes you can run 32Bit software on 64Bit Architecture

Bios just needs to be set to defaults, if any issue arises

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/32-bit-on-64-bit-processor.117522/
Relevancy 27.09%

Look at my mobo on my specs list and tell me the best processor i should buy for gaming.
My current one laggs on certain games. (BF2142)

I was thinking of Intel D cpu maybe the 3.4ghz one.

need some serious suggestion before i waste more money

thx

Relevancy 27.09%

I have an eMachines W3107, mostly stock except for a few hard drive, DVD, and RAM. I was looking for a processor upgrade. Possibly duel-core. Is this possible? It currently has an AMD Sempron 3100+ in it. Whats the best processor i can add to it?

Anyone know of a place to get 2x1GB RAM sticks for cheap?

Relevancy 27.09%

my mother board is FOXCONN K7S741GXMG-6L / K7S741MG-6L
I HAVE 1gig RAM
Maximum Memory Capacity: 1024 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Number of Banks: 4
Dual Channel Support: N.A.
CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: AMD Sempron(tm) 2400+ Model 8, Stepping 1
CPU Speed: 1666 MHz
Graphics Support: AGP 8X
USB Support: 2.x Compliant
184-pin DIMM Banking: 2 (2 banks of 1)
Max Unbuffered DDR SDRAM: 2048MB
Chipset: SiS 741GX
Supported DRAM Types: DDR SDRAM only
Module Types Supported: Unbuffered only
my graphic card is raedon 9250 (128mb)

and whats the best processor my computer can use i want to get rid of the amd sempron (tm) 2400 + its too crap so i can play better games il also get 2gig (1gig2)

A:What be the best processor I can use?

and also whats the best graphic card i will be able to use and if u need any more info just ask me and ill give it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-be-the-best-processor-i-can-use.113117/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am looking to get a new processor for my computer.
All i can tell you is that in EVEREST home edition it tells me i have a "Intel Grantsdale i915p.
My motherboard is green, has four ram slots (two purple, two orange), pci-e x16 slot, 3 x pci slots and that is really all i know. Not sure if any of that will help.

The compatibility tool on the site is useless, so i was wondering what is the max processor i can update to?

Thanks

A:Help with getting a new processor

You have to find out the exact motherboard model you have. The only way is to look at it or consult the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-getting-a-new-processor.112771/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello

Im currently looking at buying a new processor, i have a LGA 755 mobo socket, 3ghz with ht. (800MHZ!!)

This processor is a bit laggy in some games, i was looking to upgrade without having to buy a new motherboard.
Do you think if i had to upgrade to a Intel P4 D 3.4ghz the gaming performance will be considerably better than my current cpu

thx for tolerating me

Relevancy 27.09%

I am planning on getting a new computer, ONLY ONE MORE MONTH.. And i am having someone i know make the computer, and they dont exactly like intel.. and as thinking of getting a Intel Core Two Duo E6660 2.4... I have heard that the benchemarks ARE AWESOME YA.. but the game play and everyday use isnt so good.. crashes hang time and so on.. anyone else hear of this.. just want to make sure its not his anti intel comming out..

So any clarafication Would BE GREAT

Relevancy 27.09%

Well I Am Sticking With AMD Now So I Am Going With Socket 939 ( Plz Dont Leave Any Comments About Any AM2 ) And I Saw That The 3700+ Has A 1MB Cache And The 3800+ Has A 512KB Cache...Which Is Better

Links:

3800+ = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103531

3700+ = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

Thank You Very Much

Just0

P.S. Im Getting A ASUS A8NE Motherboard With This Processor And Also A 7600GT PCI-E

Bye!

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, im trying to buy a new processor for my computer. I have a GA-EP43-UD3L mother board, and im planning to buy
Intel Core i3 550 Dual Core Processor Clarkdale LGA1156 3.2GHZ Hyperthreading 4MB Cache. My current processor is Premium(R) Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHZ. I was wondering if the Intel Core i3 will work on my motherboard. And Do i need to update my BIOS if it does?
Thanks. Oh, and if u need more information on my pc i can add my Dxdiag if you want.

A:Processor Help

The i3 will not physically fit your motherboard. Your motherboard has an LGA775 socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-help.977807/
Relevancy 27.09%

I see that computers with the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6600 (2.4GHz) are available now.

I’m wondering if these new processors are really Better/Faster than the Intel predecessor ....
Intel Pentium D 940 (3.2GHz, 4MB,800MHz FSB) ... That are running with a faster clock ??

Should I get excited and run out and get one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-processor.487155/
Relevancy 27.09%

Core 2 Duo E6850

or the intel quad core 2.4?

might seem dumb but some one told me stick with my e6850 =/

depends on what you intend on using it for.

if you're a gamer - multi core cpus won't give you too much of an edge except on a few select titles.

if you multitask then more cores are better.

for cpu comparisons go to tomshardware.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processor-is-better.84258/
Relevancy 27.09%

AMD Athlon? II (2.0GHz) or Intel Pentium Dual core T3400 (2.16GHz)?

I'm not very good with computers, and I know that most people here are. Thanks!

I would go with the pentium

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41074-processor-better.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all,

Im currently running an Athlon 3800+ X2 processor. I notice a bit of lagg on some of the applications that im running and i think its proberly the processor, I've been told that its causing a bottleneck as I am running a 7600GT GPU and that upgrading my GPU will make little difference without a new processor.

I was wondering what the next logical upgrade for my CPU would be.

I was looking at something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

But i was unsure if it would be compatible with my system.

Can you please give me some advice on what the best upgrade would be.

in theory you can upgrade to 6000 X2 provided your PSU is beefy enough.
the 6000 uses over 100W just for itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-processor.83600/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, Uhm, this question is not related to windows 7, but still thought someone would be able to help me. I have a acer desktop with a mainboard with the code MPC73VE and I currently have a dual core processor. I now want to get a quad core processor bt dont exactly know if it will work with my current mainboard, or do I have to get another one? If you can please help.

A:Help with processor

Would be better with the full model number of your Acer, that number you posted returns next to no information.

As for whether a quad would work in it, it all comes down to whether the bios will support one or not. In most cases with an OEM computer they don't, as they would rather sell you a new computer with faster parts than allow you to change them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54707-help-processor.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok, as the subject says, I am looking to buy a new processor. I have a K7N2 Delta MS-6570L mainboard and the Processor currently is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. Which when set to high performance only runs at 2.2ghz and when manually overclocked runs at a safe 2.3ghz. I want to know what is a better processor I can get with this Mainboard. It says.

Code:
CPU
Supports Socket A for AMD® Athlon?/Athlon? XP/Duron? processors @FSB 200/266/333/400
Supports 600MHz up to Athlon? XP 3000+ processor or higher
But I am not good at looking at processors and such. So I do not know any other ones I can use. Can someone please help me with this?

A:Looking to get new Processor

2.2 or 2.3 GHZ is not necessarily really slow, but if you ARE limited to 333fsb then you need a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-get-new-processor.82466/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys I have what was once a decent gaming machine but now I m just not seeing the greatest performance I m gonna get a new GPU processor a new for Looking but I m just wondering what processor I should mainly because I m not too knowledgable about chipsets I m currently running an i - it s a quad core Ghz Preferably I don t want to have to change my motherboard I m happy to stay within the i i series Would this be a good upgrade if I want to be able to run games well Intel i k Sandybridge - People say it s pretty stable so I d overclock it but at Ghz not sure if Looking for a new processor I d have to right away http www amazon co uk Intel-Sandy NX ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Are Looking for a new processor these processors good value for money because to me it sounds a little cheap Any opinions would appreciated plus any suggestions for other better processors Budget isn t too much of a problem I can just save up nbsp

A:Looking for a new processor

Your board doesn't support the Sandy Bridge processors because it's a different socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-new-processor.1024398/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I do not know if this is hardware issue or software But just before days my ASUS notebook started to behave like this and now even this on which I write this message On both I have Windows Home Premium SP installed Some have reported that SP is slowing their computers down Now I am really like Processor EKG? puzzled Because I do not believe that both have malfunctioned in days and with only chat msn internet and videos stressing them Processor like EKG? I have Norton IS and I haven t virused notebooks with something On the other I have installed fresh Processor like EKG? new Win Home Premium SP but there is same result in task manager as with this one I really wouldn t be happy if both have malfunctioned processors And I wonder how could they die so early Maybe on Linux Ubuntu it wouldn t be the case I do not know But it worked fine on this PC until yesterday So I attached photos and processes Maybe you can help me Maybe some Win update just destroyed performance of notebooks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-like-ekg.1024405/
Relevancy 27.09%

Will this processor fit in an compaq sr5610se? http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Phenom-...CPU-/160669032898?pt=CPUs&hash=item25689ee1c2

Relevancy 27.09%

Can i put the processor from a hp a700n into my emachine t2825? And would it be better?

A:Processor

You could, about 5% better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor.78241/