Windows Support Forum

Computer stuck at boot menu

Q: Computer stuck at boot menu

Hey there I own a Samsung laptop the model is NP E C I left my computer on the couch rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground I figured it fell off the couch which is about a foot off the ground When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment Instead of spending money taking it in I decided to have a look and popped the back off I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back However the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into stuck menu at Computer boot the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose I then turned the computer Computer stuck at boot menu on after screwing everything back and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do whether it be changing the settings back to default Computer stuck at boot menu or trying to keep that plug stable nothing will get me to Windows Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer stuck at boot menu

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer stuck at boot menu

Seriously? No one has any advice? lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-boot-menu.194260/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an MSI Red Dragon Laptop and Windows 10 and it keeps getting stuck in the boot menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-computer-stuck-in-boot-menu.1167864/
Relevancy 75.68%

i have an HP Pavilion Elite m t and it's stuck on the menu where Computer HP on invent the menu boot stuck up at the bottom says to press esc for the Computer stuck on the HP invent boot up menu boot menu f for the diagnostic f for setup and f for system restore The computer won't go past there and when i press something on the keyboard nothing happens only a very small to hear beep sound I put my ear really close to my computer to be able to tell it was the computer when i shut down the computer and restart it i can press one of the f buttons and it says enter but won't load it i tried disconnecting and reconnecting external things such as usb ports power and so on Then tried the clear cmos still have the problem also I have been cleaning the pc regularary nbsp Also i'm able to type this to you because i have another HP pc that's been working fine since nbsp edit ok so now i just spammed my keyboard with f and it said the same thing entering setup but i also tried spamming other keys then the prt scr sysrq button makes a big sounding beep than the other ones the num lock cpas lock scroll lock esc f and f doesn't make a beep but f does i spammed the keyboard and i think i got to my f diagnostic somehow and it told me all my pc stuff like the Bios i have installed drive processor and stuff and i get stuck there

A:Computer stuck on the HP invent boot up menu

I have the same problem man, I tried nearly everything and doesn't work. So I switched to Mac, anyway if you are able to fix it please let me know because I have some important documents in my **bleep**ty HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-stuck-on-the-HP-invent-boot-up-menu/td-p/305531
Relevancy 75.68%
A:My computer stuck at boot menu , f8 not working

Hi chuka0317,

Posting "HELPpP" doesn't really explain much. First, I recommend posting your computer specs to the best of your knowledge. Posting computer specs definitely helps troubleshoot computers issues more efficiently. Also, provide a bit more information regarding your computer issue. When you try to tap the F8 key to get to the safe mode menu, does the computer give you an error? When was the last time your able to boot to Windows successfully?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-stuck-at-boot-menu-f8-not-working-565371.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there

Please can someone help me fix the above issue.. I'm stuck in a Lenovo Flex Zone (!) - aka the screen is stuck on the below menu:
 image1.JPG   89.78KB
  1 downloads

The harddrive was replaced a few months ago after a similar issue occurred - hoping someone can save this one's soul....  many thanks in advance...

A:Lenovo flex 14 stuck on Boot Menu / App Menu

HiWhat do you mean by stuck? What happens when you press Enter key on that menu?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612799/lenovo-flex-14-stuck-on-boot-menu-app-menu/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've had my laptop for a little while now, and today my laptop suddenly crashed, and without me realising it crashed to a blue screen I turned my laptop off by holding down the power button.

Now every time I turn on the laptop I'm stuck on Boot Menu / App Menu, out of the four options that are there I can only press setup, but I have no idea what to do in setup that may help. I can't get on my laptop at all this way and it's very frustrating :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-laptop-stuck-on-boot-menu-app-menu.1160902/
Relevancy 67.94%

I currently have the lenovo x1 carbon 3rd generation, which I purchased last summer. Hours ago, I decided to restart my laptop, but it ended up getting stuck in the boot menu/app menu. I have tried pressing the esc button or doing the f9 f10 method in the BIOS menu, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how I can fix this? This really is wasting my time, as I have assignments due and finals coming up, and I am getting really frustrated. Thank you!

A:x1 carbon stuck in boot menu/app menu

This sounds like a damaged boot record or a bad SSD.  Do you have a good backup?

Does it ever start?  If so, run chrystal diskinfo (free)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1-carbon-stuck-in-boot-menu-app-menu/td-p/3311293
Relevancy 64.5%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I need assistance, I turned on my computer this morning (its a samsung chronos 8 laptop) and the screen was all black and it had an option of boot menu and i am using windows 8.
1. Windows Boot Manager
2.Windows Boot Manager (again I don't know why)
3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J
and App Menu

It will not boot up when i try to select the options of 1. Windows Boot Manager, 2. Windows Boot Manager, or 3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J. Every time i click "enter" on any of the options nothing happens. Could someone please help me?

A:Stuck in BOOT MENU

Some change(s) must have been made to the machine. What was installed or what settings changed the last time it was used?

You should be able to restore the machine to the factory condition (the way it was when you bought it) by pressing F4 on the boot screen. Just make sure that all your backups are recent because all your files and programs will be lost. Your manual should tell you in more detail, but System Restore may also be available by that method if you want to try that.

It would be a good idea to maintain a full, system backup so that you won't lose everything when something like this happens, or when the hard drive fails, which they all will do, unless you stop using them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-boot-menu.1099304/
Relevancy 64.07%

I bought a Samsung ultrabook last week. I'm still in the process of transferring my files onto it, however I just tried to turn it on and instead of booting up to my windows 8 home page, it goes to 'boot menu.' There are two options:

1.SATA HDD:: Hitachi HTS545050A7E380
2. Windows Boot Menu

If I try either of these it just loops back to the same screen again.

If I tab across to App Menu, I can enter setup, but I have no idea what to do in there!

What can I do?

A:Stuck in boot menu

Good chance the hard drive has gone bad on you. I suggest you return it to where you purchased it and see if they will replace the computer with a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-boot-menu.1085071/
Relevancy 64.07%

Okay so I turned on my computer this morning (its a samsung laptop) and it was all black and it had an option of boot menu
1. Windows Boot Manager
2.Windows Boot Manager (again I don't know why)
3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J
and App Menu
1. Setup

A:Stuck on boot menu!

lolomg

You have a Samsung with Windows 8 pre-installed is my opinion and the computer has what is known as a UEFI - (BIOS) system
That boots from a file on the hard drive in a partition created when the O/S was installed and in which are the files to boot to Windows

Try both Windows boot manager, there should only be ONE, it has the indications at the moment, although it may be other causes, of someone changing settings and trying to boot from a DVD etc.

It would help if you could post the full model of the Samsung, and indeed any details in respect of any attempted boots, installations , changes, use of registry cleaners, boosters etc., BEFORE this problem arose.

Was it by chance left powered on, on battery only and the battery failed, whilst it was running, if so it may be a corruption of files caused whilst updates were being installed. Not a likely cause , but possible.

Finally HOW OLD is the Samsung please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-boot-menu.1091232/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi
My Lenovo G580 laptop won't start up. When I turn it on using the power button it goes straight to boot menu/app menu. There are various options there to choose from, but whichever one I choose, it keeps going back to boot menu. I've tried using the novo button, but it still doesn't work. Whatever I choose from the novo button screen, except "BIOS setup", keeps taking me back to the boot menu. My laptop won't start up, and it's really frustrating! Please help?!

Thanks

Relevancy 63.21%

I just recived a Levono Thinkpad. I has 8GB Ram and 5200 memory. When it arrived i was super stoked to get it. Then i turned it on and started to look at it and then install some games. then it just crashed and showed me this blue menu. It then kept crashing every 10-15 minutes even if i didnt touch it.  So i thought maybe if i factory reset it. It will work. Nope it now is stuck on this boot menu. I have no idea what to do with it now or how to fix it. How do i get out of the boot menu? And stop the crashing?

20160618_120304.jpg ?1409 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Stuck-on-boot-menu-T530/td-p/3353036
Relevancy 63.21%

My brand new Flex 3 Windows 10 laptop is stuck at the boot menu. It might have been as a result of a Windows update but I'm not 100% sure. Any ideas because I would really rather not have to send it back but it's  nothing more than a very expensive paperweight at the moment. TIA for any help. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-stuck-on-boot-menu/td-p/3367874
Relevancy 63.21%

So recently i put my phone into charge when i was booting up my computer and ever since i am unable to get past the boot menu. Since that incident i can't get past the boot menu and i also tried going to safe mode but i am unable to use my keyboard also. For some reason my keyboad also doest work. Any ideas to how i can slove my problem?

A:Windows stuck on boot menu

Quote:

i put my phone into charge

Remove all USB devices, (USB Flash Drive, HDD, Camera and your Phone), except keyboard and mouse. If this still doesn't work, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Peripherals and make sure USB Legacy, or USB Keyboard are Enabled. Then go to Boot Priority and move USB down lower in the list of Bootable protocols. It should read, CD/DVD rom drive First Boot Device, followed by HDD. USB should be last in list or not at all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-stuck-on-boot-menu-679117.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My Toshiba Windows 8 is stuck on the Boot Menu and I don't know how to get pass it

Relevancy 61.49%

hello people I have a pretty big problem Actually normally i run kubuntu as my operating system but my problem is before that I got a problem where at the boot dmi cant start pool data stuck at and menu. verifying start of the computer it stop at verifying dmi pool data then i stuck at verifying dmi pool data and cant start boot menu. try starting my boot menu but i can start one time on a hundred appart from the one time that it works it guets me a little quot stuck at verifying dmi pool data and cant start boot menu. n quot on top of the screen and thats it But when it does work my computer cant seem to be able to see my usb key which is a sony GB usb key that i installed my kubuntu on and yes i made it as a bootable usb Finally to finish this dance my computer wont start a bootable dvd either as the verifying dmi pool data is before the cd dvd choice So i wanted to know what you guys think of this what should i do I dont care about loosing all of my data i just want my computer to work thanks in advance ps sorry if my english is bad but its not my native language nbsp

A:stuck at verifying dmi pool data and cant start boot menu.

Do you have a hard drive in the computer? If so have you tried disconnecting it?

Also try clearing the CMOS using the clear CMOS jumper(best method) or by popping out the CMOS battery for a several minutes with the power cable unplugged and then press and hold the power button too for good measure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-verifying-dmi-pool-data-and-cant-start-boot-menu.1074506/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am extremely upset because I think I have just ruined my laptop through trying to perform a BIOS update which LENOVO provided through the website.I had recently reset my computer to factory settings via the ONE KEY RECOVERY button. After basic setup and startup, I decided to install the BIOS update Windows 7 64 Bit for my PC. I downloaded the two files provided: public and private, and moved on to first click on the public file. This opened up another application with various options which the README file provided no information on.Anyway my computer began to restart itself and perform some operations to which it is now stuck on the BOOT MENU.Each time I turn on the POWER ON button, I am directed to the BOOT MENU, and I have no option to use my computer as normal.Please help me on this. 

A:Ideapad Z580 stuck on Boot Menu after BIOS update ...

Hi Lilyolive,I had the same problem 2 weeks ago and I freaked out too. I installed the two files in the incorrect order (I couldn't even install the other one) but I brought my computer to a computer shop and they fixed it! They said that the BIOS was configured incorrectly, so your computer is NOT ruined.I don't know what exactly the problem was but I can maybe help you to send pictures of my correctly configured BIOSP.S. sorry for my bad english

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z580-stuck-on-Boot-Menu-after-BIOS-update-attempt/td-p/1740871
Relevancy 55.9%

I am working on a Dell model DCSLA When I go to boot up I get Dell on boot stuck screen setup with menu but dell no or response the black screen with the Dell logo in the middle and the two options in the upper right Dell stuck on dell screen with setup or boot menu but no response corner to either quot F quot for setup or quot F quot for boot menu I cannot get it to do anything else It will not read from a restore disk or hirem s restore utility disk either I have checked the ram and it seems to be ok It had two gig chips and two gig chips While I am working on it Dell stuck on dell screen with setup or boot menu but no response I took out the two s I am thinking it might be a bios issue but I am unfamiliar on how to reset or fix that I have tested the hard drive and it seems to be ok I have a usb cable that allows me to work on hard drives via the usb cable and power supply on my own computer So far I haven t done anything but look at the drive and it seems ok The computer should still boot up to the bios without a hard drive Can anyone help me in this matter Can I reset the bios or reinstall then somehow I don t want to be messing around where I don t know what I am doing Any help is greatly appreciated I do however see some jumpers on the motherboard One is marked quot clear pw quot and the other is marked quot clear cmos quot Could this have something to do with it The computer doesn t have much in the way of information on it except the sticker which certifies it for Windows Vista Home Premium and of course the product key The only thing it says in the way of model is DCSLA and AMD Athlon X My bad it also says inspiron S nbsp

A:Dell stuck on dell screen with setup or boot menu but no response

It will not read from a restore disk...Click to expand...

Did you set the boot order to CD first?

I have tested the hard drive and it seems to be ok.Click to expand...

How did you test the hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-stuck-on-dell-screen-with-setup-or-boot-menu-but-no-response.150272/
Relevancy 53.75%

As my computer was rebooting from me uninstalling my printer I accidentally shut the power off on the power strip cord. When it boots it stops at the black screen with slave disk and master disk is disabled, I was able to go in and enable those but it still won't go past this screen. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas what could be the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600893/computer-gets-stuck-and-wont-boot-up/
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer will refuse to go into any safe mode or even the repair mode. It keeps crashing at CLASSPNP.SYS. This saying, I have the boot disk, but it too crashes like the main OS. 

I have many files that I do not want to lose. Is there any way I can get it back to it's former glory?

Specs (as far as I know)
AMD Athlon processor - 3.0 GhZ
Nvidia 240 graphics card 
8 GB of RAM
I'd have to look up the rest...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e63c8116-f849-4690-9995-b1f25373d52b/computer-wont-boot-stuck-at-classpnpsys?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a friends computer over and have not seen this one before. Windows XP SP-2. It is an eMachine. Computer gets to the WIndows LOgo Screen in the boot sequence and then reboots itself. ANyone got any idea's. While trying safe mode same problem remains.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-stuck-in-re-boot-loop.615906/
Relevancy 53.32%

AMD Athlon X MSI K MM-V gig ram XP Pro boot on Computer won't test stuck self up, SP I built this computer about Computer won't boot up, stuck on self test months ago and has been work great until now It is Computer won't boot up, stuck on self test stuck at the first screen you see when you reboot a computer It looks like it started to run the self test but stops at the same place every time I try to turn it on It is a black screen and this is exactly what it has on it Phoenix- award workstationBIOS v PG an energy star ally copyright c - Phoenix Technologies LTD W VMS V Main Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor this is where you would see it check the memory next but nothing until the bottom of the screen Press DEL to enter SETUP -K M - - A L M JC- That is all I see when I power up my computer I tried to enter set up by pressing DEL when I turn it on but it won t do anything else Computer won't boot up, stuck on self test I don t know how to trouble shoot something like this and any help or suggestions would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Computer won't boot up, stuck on self test

Hi mate!

Since it's getting stuck before the memory test I'd check the obvious first:
- If you have 2 RAM sticks remove one and see if you are able to post. Repeat the procedure with the other stick. Do the same on different RAM slots until you manage to POST.

- If possible try to replace your RAM with known to be working sticks.

- You can also clear the CMOS chip as a last resort. Refer to your motherboard's manual for details on how to do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-up-stuck-on-self-test.804451/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I had just cleaned my cousins computer and wanted to run a Symantec anti virus scan on the computer in safe mode. The computer wouldn't go into safe mode by using the F8 key so I ran it from msconfig. I clicked "/SAFEBOOT" and hit apply and that was all she wrote. It was caught in the boot up loop and has been ever since. The OS is XP and that's pretty much it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.Thanks again.Strugoi

A:Computer stuck in Boot.ini loop

Simple fix. If you still have your XP cd (that came with your computer) or any XP CD, just boot to it. Then wait for everything to load, and let it go to the partitioner. Then, scroll to the partition the XP install is on, and type R (or whatever button it says to press to repair). Now a Command Line will load, and ask you to type some stuff. once you get to a point where you can enter commands, type "fixboot" with quotes. This will fix the boot.ini file, thus allowing you to boot back into XP. I don't know why you can't boot into safe mode with the F8 key, are you hitting it at the right time? Anyhow, post back with the result of this fix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332824/computer-stuck-in-bootini-loop/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I'm a computer-illiterate student who needs help fixing a PC before the next school week starts My computer Dell Windows XP was fine this morning Then after a reboot I noticed it was giving me an error message in the bottom right corner of the screen that told me that one of my folders was corrupted my adobe acrobat reader was corrupted I tried re-installing it and it still wouldn't run and that I would need to run chkdsk to fix it So I went to schedule chkdsk to run after my next reboot After my reboot chkdsk started to run as usual After the hours it usually takes to finish running chkdsk said it was done with its scan / boot windows stuck computer in won't chkdsk and would now start Windows but it never started Windows even after I waited an extra hour So chkdsk is stuck in a loop It won't complete and open Windows when it finishes its check After rebooting again it gave me options run it in the last way that worked or run it in safe mode I tried running computer won't boot windows / stuck in chkdsk it with the quot last settings that worked quot and it just gave me a black screen -- didnt load I tried running safe mode and the screen just fills with text as if it's trying to load but freezes after hitting a certain point What can I do I have some really important files on my hard drive so I hope I can recover from here Thanks

A:computer won't boot windows / stuck in chkdsk

Lets find out what is going on with your hard drive.

first, use Recovery Console to run Chkdsk again:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...NoWebContent=1

Set your BIOS and its Boot Order so that booting to CD-Rom is first.
Boot from the XP CD and follow the instructions here: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art.../wxprcons.html

In Recovery Console:

chkdsk c: /r
fixboot c:
exit

Now set your BIOS Boot Order back to its original state and try and start XP.

Report back, because I think some of the files needed for XP to boot are corrupted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-windows-stuck-in-chkdsk-115236.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have a computer problem! every time i turn on my desktop computer, the fan is really loud and won't stop! there is hardly any hard drive activity and won't boot!! it happened after it wouldn't get out of sleep mode and unplugged it and turned it on again!! that is what i get! it is an HP Windows XP media center edition! please help me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-stuck-in-sleep-mode.995681/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello recovery not CDs stuck Boot, working at Computer Bleeping Computer So I ve been trying to solve this since it randomly started happening yesterday but to no Computer stuck at Boot, recovery CDs not working avail I have a Samsung Q Intel i with Windows x Home Premium SP and the computer randomly started to lag so I restarted it It logged in successfully the first few times but became extremely laggy after login Computer stuck at Boot, recovery CDs not working until it froze up completely each time I then tried the recovery CD and it worked the first time but nothing changed and it was still laggy However the computer could not even get past the black loading screen anymore and began on a continuous reboot cycle each time ending with a flash of a BSOD that I couldn t catch It restarts to two options Launch startup repair or Start windows normally both of which end up freezing and restarting I have tried -Safe Mode worked first time but was laggy and now it just freezes during loading -Last Known good configuration nothing happened -Recovery CD becomes stuck while trying to find the OS says quot Drive E bytes windows and never finishes loading -Installation CD stuck at entering setup screen The only thing that really works is the Ubuntu Live CD So any suggestions

A:Computer stuck at Boot, recovery CDs not working

disable-automatic-restart-system-failure.jpg   60.44KB
  4 downloads

Try pressing F8 as the computer starts to get to the Advanced Boot Options and then select the "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option. When rebooting, your computer should now halt on the BSOD message. See if you can post what the BSOD message says here. I'm sure someone here could advise you once we know what the stop error is.

Good luck!

SYates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432074/computer-stuck-at-boot-recovery-cds-not-working/
Relevancy 52.46%

I restarted my computer yesterday and now it will not boot. As soon as I hit the power button it starts to boot and then immediately turns off and restarts. I can't get into the bios nor does anything even come up on the screen. I have uploaded a video to youtube to show what it is doing. Any help would be very much appreciated. Running Windows 7 btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=1PsUDd6E4LI

Thanks
-Nic

A:Computer stuck in infinite boot loop

How old is this computer? Has it worked properly before? If you take the side of the case off and blow a house fan directly on the CPU/Heatsink area, does it stay on longer? Are you certain that one of the CPU/Heatsink legs didn't come loose?

Please list your specs including the video card and the brand name and wattage of the power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-in-infinite-boot-loop-471601.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Today I tried to boot in safe mode using the normal F8 when restarting and that didnt work. So I tried looking for other methods of booting into safe mode and came across the method of msconfig change. I typed in "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal" into the command prompt realizing that it would boot into safe mode every time I restart unless I changed it back.
Once I did this and restarted the computer, it goes through the normal safe mode boot screen and then into the welcome screen. As I type in my password, the computer shuts down and reboots. It doesnt give me any options to boot in a different mode and pressing F8 doesnt return any results either. Now I'm stuck in an endless reboot loop and can't change BIOS settings to try to boot from a repair disk.
Any ideas what to try next? Thanks.

A:Computer stuck in endless boot loop

Tried restarting again and somehow I was able to get into advanced boot options this time and repair my computer. I clicked command prompt and entered in: bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot. Now my computer restarts normally and did a start up repair and now I'm logged into my computer.
But I still cannot boot into safe mode at all. I'm not sure if it's the result of a virus. I ran Norton Antivirus full scan nothing came up. I also ran Malwarebytes which returned no results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323108-computer-stuck-endless-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So my computer is staying stuck at the boot screen. Any suggestions?

A:Computer staying stuck on boot screen

have you tried getting into safe mode - tap the F8 key when starting computer and choose safe mode - if you can get into safe mode try system restore
System Restore Tutorial
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articl...em_restore.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-staying-stuck-on-boot-screen-217030.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My Computer is Stuck on the Boot up screen and will not load windows, I have tried to reset but nothing seems to work or fix the problem... Please help

A:My Computer is Stuck on the boot up screen and will not load...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-Computer-is-Stuck-on-the-boot-up-screen-and-will-not-load/td-p/5704678
Relevancy 52.46%

I just got my new computer today CybertronPC Borg-Q GM4213A Desktop. I turned it on and installed the windows 8.1 64bit disc and once it was done downloading it switched to the windows logo screen and stayed there for a good 2 hours, then i turned it off and on again and it's been repeatedly just doing the same thing over and over. I've been stressing over this all day. It's brand new and i dont know why it's already having issues. Please help me with this issue. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592466/new-computer-wont-boot-up-stuck-on-windows-logo/
Relevancy 52.46%

If i restart my HP computer with my HP printer pluged in (USB Port). My computer gets stuck on the blue screen and I have to restart my computer with the USB unplugged in order to get past that screen. Sorry I dont have a better name for that blue screen but its the screen you have to push F8 or F4 in order to go to your boot options when you are starting your computer. Also just to be clear I have all the newest Drivers for the printer installed according to hp's website. Anyone have any ideas or a fix?

A:Computer Stuck On Boot Up When Printer Is Pluged Int

So? Just don't plug the printer in! (Just kidding!)

I presume that you're referring to the blue screen that lets you pick a certain drive to boot from (rather than the Blue Screen of Death error messages, or the screen to enter your BIOS).

If this is the case (and you've got the latest drivers) I'd suspect a problem with the printer or with your USB port.

So, the first step is to try another USB port. If you're plugging the printer into the front of the computer - try the ports in the back of the computer. Try to use a different port than the one immediately next to the one that's causing problems.

Also, try another USB printer to see if it occurs with it.

If it's not the printer, you may want to check your Device Manager (Start...Run...type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any red x's or yellow !'s

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68084/computer-stuck-on-boot-up-when-printer-is-pluged-int/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all this is my th tech support forum I have joined this week looking for answers I have done research on the web trying to find a solution and it appears that I have rare issues on a rare problem just my luck Boot Stuck Infinite Computer Loop What I mean by that is that there is not much info on the web about my particular problem and the info I have found has not fixed it while it has fixed everyone elses Someone in my family took it Computer Stuck Infinite Boot Loop upon themselves to quot Clean up the C Drive quot So hundreds of files were deleted many of which are critical computer components I don't know what files were deleted When I boot my computer I get to the screen that tells the system properties and shows any USB's being loaded After that the screen goes black like it is about to show the Windows XP loading screen but the computer just shuts off then immediately restarts itself What I have found A computer automatically restarts itself when a fatal error occurs in the startup Since it will fatal error everytime it is in a infinite loop I tried countless times with Disable automatic restart on error It has no effect it just loops like before without the blue error screen I tried running with last good backup there was none saved I tried running with all other modes including safe mode safe mode command prompt ect I have tried different power sources I have tried removing and reinsterting the C Drive and Motherboard all suggestions given to me on other tech forums I was told to put in the XP System Recovery disk I do not own one I tried to download one off of Microsoft's site but my issue is that it seems as the download needs to be done off of the broken computer which I cannot even get to Mircrosoft on that one When I try to download the disk it tells me the specs are incorrect for this computer even though all I want to do is get the specs onto the disk and not for this computer The specs I am using are for the broken computer not this one My main question is how do I get a Recovery Disk downloaded on another computer that would work on my broken computer Anyone have any suggestions that have been missed in the list Thanks for the help in advanced P S Is how I feel gt lt

A:Computer Stuck Infinite Boot Loop

Download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
This will not replace any system files that have been deleted. To do this you will need a Windows XP CD. You can borrow one, or get one from Ebay or Craigslist. then you can try a Repair Install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-stuck-infinite-boot-loop-658562.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi i have a problem with my computer , it is a clean pc no programs or anything on it , extremely basic . when i turn it on it is stuck in post screen , it gets up to were it says , found D drive bladi bladi bla , and then stops , nothing works , very ocasionally when bin disconected from everything for a month it will work for a few hours then stop again , what could it be ???? plz help .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-computer-stuck-in-post-screen-will-not-boot-what-can-i-do.29776/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi all experts really before this crap happen to my computer and freezing i got some blue screens and some unwanted restart however now really its crazy becoz i will get freezing anywhere that u think but in windows is even Computer menu everywhere freezing in boot sometimes my most important issue becoz u think that i am on programming or other project but suddenly anything freezing in that mood as it is details is like sometimes PC work well for day nothing happened but sometimes in hour i will see many freezing happen in windows all thing stop in monitor mouse dont move something like screenshot and in boot menu sometimes gigabyte welcome screen dont pass and in change OS number counter stop sometimes i will get Computer freezing everywhere even sometimes in boot menu tandem beep of motherboard in booting beep sometimes is slow and sometimes is fast sometimes i see it in loading logo of win in windows i dont put heavy Process ON ram but sometimes im in typing or moving my mouse i will see computer get freezed and actually im gone Computer freezing everywhere even sometimes in boot menu crazy please somebody that knows my issue help me and tell me its hardware problem or software something like BIOS stuff nbsp

A:Computer freezing everywhere even sometimes in boot menu

Kindly provide us with:

1. Minidumps which would have been recorded when you had Blue Screen of Death (i.e. BSOD), you can find them in C:\windows\minidump, if there are multiple dumps please zip them together in a single file and attach it with your next post.

2. Give us complete specs of your system including PSU type/model etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-everywhere-even-sometimes-in-boot-menu.153265/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm working on a laptop of an acquintance of mine and I'm at a loss It is a hp pavilion g sd A couple of days ago they tried to install W on it This installation failed at and after a couple of tries they gave up and just menu Computer boots only through or boot F8 kept using W After this they have used the laptop without any problem for a day of - Since today the laptop won't boot normally When booting it keeps Computer only boots through boot menu or F8 beeping so they asked for my help I found out I can start windows if I press esc at startup for boot menu and choose the hard disk press f before windows loads and choose start normally or when I go into BIOS before windows load When I do this it boots fine computer works like nothing has happened but the very next reboot it fails to boot again I assumed something with the W install might interfere with the normal bootup procedure and decided to reinstall the laptop I have now done this twice and still no difference I have fixxed the MBR and rebuild the BCD but none of this makes any difference I have swapped the harddisk with another one and it still has the same problem I have reset the bios to default settings but this also does not change anything And for some reason according to HP's website there are no drivers available for this model so I can't perform a BIOS updates in the hopes that this would solve this So there I stand I can't think of anything I could try anymore and it is really annoying The computer is still workable with a workaround but since this is a laptop of an elderly couple it would be preferred to just act normally Do you guys have any ideas left for me Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621625/computer-only-boots-through-boot-menu-or-f8/
Relevancy 52.03%

Please help me.

Today my fire alarm went off in the house and it is connected to the mains and i didn't know how to turn it off so i turned all the power to the house off.

The computer was switched on and now when i start the computer is starts to boot xp on the screen with the moving line and the xp logo but then restarts. This could go on forever as it loops.

I have tried reparing xp by puting the disk in but i dont get the option to boot from cd.

I realy need this fixed by today. please help!!

If you need any more info, ask.
PLEASE HELP

A:My computer starts to boot xp then restarts. IM STUCK IN A LOOP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-starts-to-boot-xp-then-restarts-im-stuck-in-a-loop.557679/
Relevancy 52.03%

So Computer Starting wont stuck Windows. on boot, my moms computer started doing something which has me going nuts at this point My mom has an older dell that has been giving her problems This was actually my older PC i gave her when I got a Computer wont boot, stuck on Starting Windows. new one One day I got the call we all dread when we get from quot anyone in the family that sees us as the computer guy gal quot She told me the computer wont start Its stuck I said well she either touched some setting or some issues with the boot file etc I went over thinking i ll Computer wont boot, stuck on Starting Windows. just boot to install CD and either repair or worst case senerio reformat No biggie I get there and just turn it on to see what happen Bios load windows starts and I get the windows logo with the starting windows and it just stays Computer wont boot, stuck on Starting Windows. there I said well lets try a repair I insert the disk press F boot from disk I get the touch any key I press it and it just goes back to the starting windows screen stuck Hmm I said well lets boot into safe mode and see if I can do something through there Press F select safe mode and boom I get all that stuff across the screen like its the matrix and then it just stay stuck there Nothing I started thinking and then said I ll show you quot Made a Ultimate boot CD and wiped the drive My thinking was since I wiped the drive I can start new fresh drive and everything will be peachy from there I wiped the drive and inserted the install disk and I couldn t believe it back to starting windows and boom stuck again At this point I do not know what else to try anyone have any ideas Could this be a HDD issue Just thinking out loud here but any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Computer wont boot, stuck on Starting Windows.

It smells on bad sectors on HDD, if you of course used non-defected ISO for installation... Try checking/resetting all connectors to all main components and check HDD for bad sectors from UBCD or Hirens

https://malwaretips.com/threads/computer-wont-boot-stuck-on-starting-windows.60169/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Gateway desktop with Windows already pre installed in it I bought this new and it did not come with any discs the to stuck in Windows 8 bios Solved: up boot won't computer this is what s going on I had a password problem and could not get into my computer I was Solved: stuck in the bios computer won't boot up to Windows 8 told by someone if I opened up the side panel of my computer and take out the small battery and I m plug it then plug it back in and turn it on and I would be able to reset my password well that has been reset and I m into the bios I ve tried the automatic repair and diagnose neither of them worked also I went into the UEFI firmware settings still nothing works I have no backup disk so I can t do that I ve also tried something saying if I could pull up a certain image I may be able to reset it but that didn t work as well The model number of the computer if this would help is DX G the processor is an AMD A APU as you can tell I don t know a whole lot about computers but my brother knows a bit so if I can get any helpful information or recommendations I ll forward it to him I m trying to avoid a costly repair it seems like the system has a problem recognizing windows it s only a guess I m not sure but I think I ve erased some functionality of the computer I m wondering how I could get the right drivers for the computer if that s the problem again any help would be appreciated I hope I m not stuck with a worthless computer nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I haven't had this problem but these days, my Gateway desktop SOMETIMES gets stuck on the Gateway boot logo. After unplugging the power cable + turning the power switch off for a couple of seconds, it finally boot up correctly.

I had to set up a computer for my cousin so I unplugged my Gateway temporarly and once I replugged everything back, I noticed that the problem was reappearing. It was gone but now it's back... It is intermittent basically.

My PC is clean, no viruses, adwares, etc. Also, my SSD and my Hard drives are almost new. Should I flash my BIOS? Or is there an easier solution?

Thanks for your time.

-Devadip

A:Gateway computer occasionally stuck on boot logo.

Flashing the bios is exactly what I would do. Carefully.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360484-gateway-computer-occasionally-stuck-boot-logo.html
Relevancy 52.03%

for the past few months my computer doesn't want to boot I tested my RAM graphcs cards blu-ray burner and HD the only thing I couldn't test were my psu motherboard and cpu hopefully the problems lies somewhere in there I did get a BSOD and looked at the dump and it pointed to my RAM so I ran memtest overnight and it didnt find any problems so I'm wonder if my motherboard RAM slots are faulty I also used a cooler masters psu calculator to see if my system was underpowered I have w and it said I needed BIOS computer wont to boot even menu at min computer wont even boot to BIOS menu of w but it suggested the same psu that i was using anyways every once in awhile I can get my computer to boot if I remove and reinsert my hardware Once computer wont even boot to BIOS menu my computer boots I have no problems The problem happens when I have to shutdown the computer Once I shut it down it wont boot and suggestions

A:computer wont even boot to BIOS menu

If you are pushing the limits of your PS it could be causing your problems. Try running with one graphics card for a while and see if the problem goes away.

Let's start with that and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175463-computer-wont-even-boot-bios-menu.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently I turned on my desktop Like normal the first screen that appeared was the ASRock screen see picture After that a completely black screen with the text quot MBR Error Press any key to boot from floppy quot appeared see picture I've read on how to fix this and they all say insert windows disk When the computer boots and the ASRock screen appears see picture if i click F it will bring me to the boot menu see picture The boot menu has drives i think they're drives at least if i click either of the first two drives it brings me to the MBR Error screen but if i click the third screen it shows the windows screen and then the log in screen I've looked in UEFI settings thinking i can change which drive it boots from but it only shows the first two drives see picture Can anyone explain to me what is going on Also how to fix it where it logs on automatically without having to go through the boot menu Sorry for any confusion in my post or anything unclear Any help would be much appreciated Thanks all in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399564-computer-giving-mbr-error-1-will-only-log-through-boot-menu.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone just joined the forum and I have a pretty major problem A couple days ago my computer suddently restarted while I My boot past isn't menu starting the computer was browsing the internet after restarting like this my copmuter was unable to get past the boot screen menu the My computer isn't starting past the boot menu black screen where all the system and BIOS information scrolls through - it never got to the Windows XP icon What happened was I was given the options to start windows in Safe Mode Start Windows Normally or Start Windows from last working spot All three options didn t work for me and specifically when I chose quot Start Windows Normally quot I got an error The following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When selecting either of the three options the computer attempted to start windows and then reset making this process seem like an infinite loop I tried using a Windows XP CD and booting from the CD but when it attempted to boot I recieved a blue screen error that recommended I restart my computer After waiting I didn t do anything to the computer I chose safe mode again in hopes that my computer would be fixed This time when selecting Safe Mode I was able to get into Windows and then I was able to start windows normally I didn t do anything while in Safe Mode For about hous I was able to use the computer normally browse the internet play games but sometimes my computer would restart suddently like it did the first time although this time I was able to get back into Windows Earlier this morning while playing a game my computer restarted suddently again except this time I wasn t able to get back into Windows no matter what I did I called support but they were no help other than telling me I might have a hardware problem and now I m still unable to boot into my computer And what s worse is that I move into my college dorm tomorrow night If anyone at all could tell me what they think the problem might be and how to fix it or if I should call a computer repair service it would be very much appreciated Thanks P S If it helps I just recently installed an LCD monitor I m not sure if this would cause this problem but it might be of some help to the people here Also my sndvol exe file was missing from my SYSTEM folder but I replaced it while my computer was working nbsp

A:My computer isn't starting past the boot menu

Hi and welcome to TSG

If you can get back into Windows....

Start > Run ...type in.....sfc /scannow ( note space after sfc )
This will check out the system files and repair if any are missing / corrupt.
You may be asked for the Windows installation disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-isnt-starting-past-the-boot-menu.627215/
Relevancy 52.03%

Whenever I press the power button on my computer it will start up then only get to the screen where it looks like a BIOS information menu then freezes.

If I press F8 enter the boot menu then choose the HD with the functioning system it starts up fine. How do I fix it so it starts up without having to go through the boot menu?
Thanks

A:Must enter boot menu to start computer

Is there a messages above the notification that you should press Enter to go into the Bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/must-enter-boot-menu-to-start-computer.573593/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

When i start my laptop it stuck on the startup screen and keep showing "Starting Windows" but after long wait it doesn't even start normally,
i tried booting in safe mode but that isn't working, it isn't booting itself in safe mode, Even Pressing F8 again and again, it stuck while loading :CLASSPNP.sys
and then blue error and restart itself automatically again, and same process..
Tried booting from a DVD but it stuck at the screen "Starting Setup"..

Any suggestion?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a huge problem with my computer.

When I reboot it works for a few minutes / seconds then its stuck.
I can't use the taskbar at all or click on anything on the desktop. Win button also doesn't work.

I have reinstalled win multiple times.

Anyone know help?

A:Computer gets stuck a few secs after succesful boot - mouse still working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-gets-stuck-a-few-secs-after-succesful-boot-mouse-still-working.595254/
Relevancy 51.6%

I was having problems with my Live messenger and tried out these suggestions Download and install SubInACL by clicking the link here Click on Download and Run to install the application Choose the default path where the application will be installed C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools Click Install Now to proceed with installation gets blue logo screen xp won't stuck boot, on Computer windows Copy the attached file into the C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools folder Rename the file as reset bat Click on Start and RUN and type Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen in CMD Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen to open the command prompt window Type in the following commands hitting ENTER after each CD CD C Program files Windows Resource Kits Tools RESET You will see a bunch of things happening in the command window When the process is complete you will see the cursor back at the prompt C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools in the command window Type EXIT and hit Enter to close the command window Reboot the machine and try the next command Click on START and RUN and type in REGSVR windir system msxml dll and hit Enter If it succeeds try to sign into Windows Live Messenger again You can get Windows Live Messenger from http get live com messenger overview The command file I used called reset bat contained subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant administrators f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant system f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant system f Now whenever I boot my pc it gets stuck on the windows xp logo splash screen I was only changing permissions but now I cannot do anything on there The same thing happens when I boot in safe mode and from last know good configuration Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this Thanks Tom

A:Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen

do a system restore to before you made the changes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-gets-stuck-on-blue-windows-xp-logo-screen-249458.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently reset my Gateway NV52L15u laptop computer in order to empty it out and restart back to factory basics. However, now if I turn it on, it goes straight to BIOS, telling me I need to "Insert Boot Media". I tried using my recovery drive, but that did nothing at all to fix it. Please help me, I need help on how to fix this.

A:Computer stuck in BIOS after reset? Insert Boot Media 8.1

In order to access the Recovery Manager you must repeatedly tap the F11 key at boot. However, if you have formatted the drive before hand, the recovery partition is gone and you will have to use Recovery Disks hopefully you made when you first got the computer. If no disks, you may be able to order them from the manufacturer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59308-computer-stuck-bios-after-reset-insert-boot-media-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer with the Windows XP Professional OS freezes when it gets to the Safe Mode Boot Menu. This is not when I hit F8. It just boots to that menu. When you select any of the options, it freezes and reboots. If you don't select an option, and let the time expire, it does the exact same thing. This happened randomly. My computer worked fine yesterday. All the sudden when I turned it on today this. I know enough about computers that I could back up all my data without booting windows and reformat, but I really would rather fix the issue than have to reformat my computer.

I tried to explain it as well as possible.
Thank you for all your help before and now I will be patient for responses.

Logan

A:Computer Freezes At Safe Mode Boot Menu

Any error message with that
Might need a bios upgrade
What hardware do you have
RAM,motherboard
Do you have SP2 installed (service pack 2)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94346/computer-freezes-at-safe-mode-boot-menu/
Relevancy 51.6%

this on my other computer its a Windows Vista. I have not done anything to it. it just randomly did this one day. but it hangs at the 1st screen that shows. i cant get into CMOS i tried replacing ram, resetting cmos, taking out all peripherals. rebooting from disk but nothing is working. its just stuck froze on the screen indicating that i can press these buttons that will bring me to configuration etc. its a HP Invent screen

A:Computer hang at boot menu (1st screen show)

It means severe hardware failure. The problem is that the hardware could be almost anything; even a failing hard drive can cause this as it's probably trying desperately to discover and read the drive before allowing you to access the BIOS or continue with POST.

If this is a laptop, your chances of swapping hardware to fix this are slim, as you can only really replace the RAM or the drive, and either probably is not causing it. If it's a desktop, the problem is that we're looking a very wide range of hardware to swap, so you could working at this for a while and spending an unnecessary amount of money to fix it.

Given that this is an HP, your best bet is to check to see if the warranty is still active on it and then plea for a replacement. They will make every means possible to prevent you from doing so by skirting the issue, but be diligent and patient with them and you'll end up with a working replacement PC in your hands.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hang-at-boot-menu-1st-screen-show-618175.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok my moms computer has a virus that has messed with the safe mode registry item and can't boot into safe mode. And before I new about the registry item I had set the computer to automatically boot in safe mode,like an idiot, assuming it would force it in but now it is stuck in a boot loop. When it tries to go into safe mode, it goes through the list of files loading then it stops listing files and reboots. So how do I get it to stop the reboot so I can get into safe mode so I can get rid of the little butt munch. PLS PLS PLS PLS HELP!!!!!

A:Computer infected with virus and stuck in safe mode boot loop

You could try and use a System Restore Point via Recovery Console -> How to Perform a System Restore in Windows XP through the Recovery Console | eHow.com

You could try a Repair Install which recreates the Basic Windows Registry.

(both the above require a Windows XP cd)

You could try 'fixing' the bad Safe Mode Registry keys -> Restoring Safe Mode with a .REG file ? Didier Stevens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-infected-with-virus-and-stuck-in-safe-mode-boot-loop-665107.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello My hubby was surfing the internet when it suddenly restarted itself and went to a blue screen of death then it went to the black screen that gave options to boot up in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration and start windows normally No matter which you select it goes to then stuck restarts!!! bluescreen, on,boot loop: turn computer screen, in My a is and windows icon and restarts again going to the blue screen A problem has My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defragmentation or back up utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for updated drivers Run CHKDS F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information Stop x x x FC E xc x The only other thing I can do is go to the First Bios set up utility I went to tools and checked the Hard drive it passed all three tests So I know this much its not my hard drive Other then that I can do nothing else with the computer I even tried changing the order of booting but its stuck on hard drive it won t let me choose the other options So I have a feeling that even if I find my Hard reboot cd s it won t work I have a terrible feeling that I am going to have to look for the CD s to perform a hard reboot and loose everything on the computer I don t know what else to do the error gives me numbers no other indication Does anyone know or have ideas as to what this may be and if it warrants that I will have to get another computer My laptop is years old now so in the world of technology its a dinosaur I cross my fingers for any help you guys may be able to give me Thank you in advance I truely appriciate it Ingry nbsp

A:My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-stuck-in-a-loop-turn-on-boot-screen-bluescreen-and-then-restarts.1006601/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no idea what is wrong with my computer Here is the problem I am using Windows XP Last night i used Norton Antivirus and did a full system scan it came up with no viruses This morning i turned on my computer used AIM AOL Instant Messanger computer in loop: then restarts!!! My turn and is stuck screen, bluescreen, a on,boot and talked to no one Next I started to play Battlefield offline As I My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! am playing the game freezes and simultaniously makes a noise this noise was not a beep it was like internal parts or something I waited and the game started to work again about seconds later the same thing happened it freezing and making the noise but this time it did not start working again it stayed frozen So I hit the restart button on the outside of my computer and as its restarting it brings me to a screen that asks My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! me how My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! i would like to start the computer safe mode last good known configuration start windows normally etc After I have selected my choice the windows xp loading window comes up for about enough time for the loading bar to scroll across twice For a split second a BLUE SCREEN then comes up and goes away No matter what options I choose safe mode last best known configuration or start windows normally etc it will always try to load go to blue screen and start all over again If anything needs to be clarified plese let me know and i will clarify it Please can someone help me it would be greatly appriciated nbsp

A:My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!!

The noise you heard may be an indication of an impending hard drive failure.
If you here clicking sounds coming from your hard drive it's about to go.
Hope you had your important data backed up.

The constant boot loop may be fixable. I'm not advocating this fix just pointing it
out to you.
May someone else will come along with another solution.
Read this...look for
Windows XP Logon Screen Does not Appear and the Computer Continuously Restarts (error) !
http://www.winxpfix.com/page18.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-stuck-in-a-loop-turn-on-boot-screen-bluescreen-and-then-restarts.262036/
Relevancy 50.74%

On a friend's computer, when I access the advanced boot menu using F8, the repair your computer option is missing. I found this info on a Microsoft page:

Repair your computer
Shows a list of system recovery tools you can use to repair startup problems, run diagnostics, or restore your system. This option is available only if the tools are installed on your computer's hard disk.

Does anyone know if these tools can be installed on a computer that is missing them? This is an Asus laptop.

Thanks

A:Repair your computer option missing from advanced boot menu

Originally Posted by YoVincenzo

On a friend's computer, when I access the advanced boot menu using F8, the repair your computer option is missing. I found this info on a Microsoft page:

Repair your computer
Shows a list of system recovery tools you can use to repair startup problems, run diagnostics, or restore your system. This option is available only if the tools are installed on your computer's hard disk.

Does anyone know if these tools can be installed on a computer that is missing them? This is an Asus laptop.

Thanks

I don't possess such deep knowledge to answer your question.
Perhaps the following link will be of interest to you :
Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu

Lost "Repair My Computer" Option in F8 Boot Advanced Startup Options Menu - Vista Setup and Install

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284210-repair-your-computer-option-missing-advanced-boot-menu.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, I would like to address a problem I ran into while trying to restore my Dell XPS M1330 to factory settings. When I boot into advanced boot menu by pressing f8 (I have tried ctrl+f11 and it doesn't work) I press enter on the "Repair Your Computer" option however, when doing so, it only boots up windows like it would normally. I'm not sure at all what the problem is and I'm kind of new to this. Does anyone know what to do? Thank You so much in advanced!

A:Advanced Boot Menu: Repair Your Computer Doesn't Work

Post HERE and ask Peter (Ex_Brit) to send you the link to the versions of Vista you need, 32 or 64. Include your E-mail address mucked up, like abc at xyz DOT com then edit your post and remove it as soon as you receive the link.

The ISO Peter provides has both SP1 and SP2 applied which can save a lot of time. Otherwise, follow this tutorial: Vista ISO - Download and Create Installation DVD or USB. You then need to create the ISO which will not have SP1 or SP2 included.

Pick up this Tutorial: How to Download a Vista ISO and Create an Installation DVD or USB here:

STEP THREE
To Create Vista Installation DVD or USB Flash Drive with ISO File

then do a Clean Install of Vista as described here: Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/337323-advanced-boot-menu-repair-your-computer-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

this is what it looks like! please help me I am in trouble. I tried looking at other people's questions about this but none of the answers seem to help me and it always redirects me back to this same screen.please tell me what to do!

A:Lenovo g580 opens at boot menu/app menu screen help!!

and it won't let me exit either!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g580-opens-at-boot-menu-app-menu-screen-help.1100340/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello world I am Kiran As you can see in title i have a problem i am finding solution for days by now Found many suggestion on what to do on youtube yahoo answers and many other alternate sites but unfortunately there was no solution for me i mean i am beginner as compared to many people on this forum and i think there are many thing i haven't menu Keyboard(PS2) not Bios and working menu. Boot in selection tried yet as i know this forum can suggest it Problem is i am not able to navigate or perform any operation in bios once i am there its weird since if my keyboard wasn't supposed to work in bios i shouln't even able to get there by pressing Del key in the first place or f for boot selection menu from the menu it like froze up there it works fine in Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. windows ones i m in or within that f key operations that brings up several options and safe mode during startup so its only not working in cmos bios munu snd boot selection here's the Detail of hard ware gigabyte motherboard model g m-es l logitech ps keyboard not necessary i think core duo ddr gb Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. X RAMs gb Nvidea grafics Things i've already tried clear cmos Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. by jumper changed cmos battery since it was depleted after yr of no use tested with another ps keyboard updated bios from gigabyte online services times removed viruses lol and still cleaning countless time pc restart by pressing buttons that was supposed to cure problem but nothing worked for me so far i need to solve this problem for i am about to install windows newer version anything you say i will try it again if i have to thanks for your time

A:Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu.

If your system currently has a malware problem/situation...this is not the correct forum for such.

Any issues that the system has developed...may be related to malware.  Rather than start a million topics for emerging symptoms...let's see if we can neutralize the malware aspect and then go on to whatever issues may appear.

Moved topic to Am I Infected forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630237/keyboardps2-not-working-in-bios-menu-and-boot-selection-menu/
Relevancy 48.59%

So when I turn on my lenovo u410 laptop I get this menu box up as seen below in a black background. I've played around with the menu and I get nothing. This has been happening for the past few days and usually it manages to get past this and start up normally. However today is the day it's decided to stay put and I have no idea what to do. This is very frustrating as I only bought the laptop less then 2 months ago. Please help!     It's windows 8 btw   

A:lenovo u410 won't work. Boot menu/App menu pops up

Hi N_A,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Lenovo Community,

I?d like to guide you in a way to try to set the HDD (Hard Disk Drive) inside the BIOS to be the first priority booting order so we will try to return the BIOS to factory default settings:

Step1: Please turn off the machine and then at the left side you can see the NOVO button which is the button with the curve arrow

Step2: Press on the NOVO button and then you will get option press on BIOS Setup

Step3: Please press on FN+F9 together and then press Enter on Yes option and then FN+F10 to save and exit and then press Enter

Hope the information helps. Let us know.

Regards

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-u410-won-t-work-Boot-menu-App-menu-pops-up/td-p/1040407
Relevancy 48.59%

How do I get pass the menu in DvDs? I can't find any way to highlight the different options and press play.

A:MPC - HC - Stuck on DvD menu

Try reporting the glitches in their support site https://trac.mpc-hc.org/wiki/How_to_Report_Issues

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519182/mpc-hc-stuck-on-dvd-menu/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so i have months lenovo ideapad z laptop i am unable to access UEFI BIOS menu and boot menu anymore these were the can't UEFI on menu and le... access my BIOS BOOT menu steps i tried with my laptop i have windows tried going to pc settings and selected uefi settings on restart But the problem still persist the laptop is just doing normal windows boot tried pressing hitting F F F DEL keys i have also used lenovo one key recovery button there it showed can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le... bios setup when i selected it and hit enter it is just doing normal windows boot still i can't access uefi bios tried ipdate BIOS for the laptop but unfortunately there was no bios update for this model tried resetting Laptop by removing battery and ac adapter can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le... and pressing and holding power button for seconds but still no use i can't access BIOS yet i tried removing the internal hard drive Out of the laptop and this time one starnage thing happened before nbsp with internal hard drive i used to get lenovo splash screen when turning ON but after removing hard drive and when i try to access bios i can't see the lenovo splash screen at all still i can't access BIOS please anybody help me with this particular issue i have already complanied about this problem to lenovo but they were saying it's keyboard it is soo silly they don't know what they were talking my keyboard is working perfectly i can able to use ENter key and all other keys in windows operating system even i tried with external keybord still i can't access BIOS nbsp nbsp Service Order SO number - nbsp Service Request number is nbsp nbsp please have a look and tell me the resilution thanks Solved Go to Solution

A:can't access UEFI BIOS menu and BOOT menu on my le...

hi sivasandeep99,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

If you have tried FN+F2 when boot?
Or holding down Shift and clicking restart?
If those steps did not work either,  You might need to contact Lenovo Technical Support and have the system shipped to Repair Facility for BIOS Reflash.

Found this article but it is for the same model that has same issue like yours.
http://support.lenovo.com/en_PH/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT075709

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/can-t-access-UEFI-BIOS-menu-and-BOOT-menu-on-my-lenovo-z580/td-p/1353247
Relevancy 47.73%

After a storm last night, the menu that changes screen size/contrast/etc. (the one you bring up using the buttons on the front of the monitor) won't go away. It was there when I turned the computer on, and I've tried restarting it, but the menu still overlaps everything I try to do. I haven't been able to use some of my bookmarks, programs, or websites because of this, so any help you could offer would really be appreciated.

A:Menu Stuck on Screen

Have you unplugged the monitor from the power source for about 10min the plugging back in.
The menu is from the monitor only correct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/menu-stuck-on-screen.553252/
Relevancy 47.73%
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a Compaq Presario SR1820NX and a Geforce 8500 GT running the latest driver. Sometimes, when I select an option from the right click menu, the selection gets stuck on the screen. This started happening AFTER I updated my drivers, but before doing that, my computer would sometimes change the resolution to 800 x 600! I had managed to stop the resolution resets permanently, and the right click menu errors for a short while (by changing the page file size) but now it comes back. Here is a picture:Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2

A:Menu Stuck On Screen

actually I have the same on my HP sr2020nx running the geforce 6150 LE with latest drivers.. havent run into the res changing prob but have the hanging menu problem sometimes.

I have really no clue how to fix it just thought I would validate that others experience it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182129/menu-stuck-on-screen/
Relevancy 47.73%

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but there was a severe storm where I live last night, and now the menu that changes the monitor's settings won't move from the center of my screen. I've restarted and unplugged my computer, but it's still there. I can't change any of the monitor settings either; it's like it's just frozen in place. I would really appreciate any advice or help you could offer.

A:Monitor Menu Stuck

this has happened on several of my Planar monitors, and it was the control card in it went bad. Had to send them off (since still under warranty).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-menu-stuck-145933.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a context menu stuck on my screen. Killing DWM didn't help; all it did was wipe the contents of the menu.

A:Whole menu stuck on screen (Vista)

Have you tried restarting the pc to solve the problem? Is the a custom context menu item that you created?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/whole-menu-stuck-on-screen-vista-651130.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have this issue where sometimes I'll open like "File" and click "New..." or something. It works like it should, but whatever I click on will randomly be stuck as a "ghost" on my screen. I have a feeling that windows 7 is glitching up, but I also just updated my graphics drivers so perhaps that the issue?That's a picture of the issue.I'm running windows 7 64 bit. My graphics card is a nvidia geforce GT 435M and I have driver version 8.17.12.8562.

A:Menu "ghosts" are stuck on my screen?

Hi Teeth,

Try changing the visual effects...click start>>type 'performance information and tools' and select it>>when page opens click 'adjust visual effects' on the left>>when the box opens uncheck 'Fade out menu items after clicking'>>apply>>okay

Pauline

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425490/menu-ghosts-are-stuck-on-my-screen/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got passed the administrator password part but now I'm on this black screen that says startup menu and the only options I can find are diagnostics and tests and information, how do I get to the normal page

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-dm4-stuck-on-startup-menu/td-p/5638398
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, Problem - When i Start or Restart my system during booting it gets stuck on windows startup menu Screens looks like F1 System InformationF2 System DiagnosticsF9 Boot device optionsF10 BIOS setupF11 System Recovery Enter - Continue Startup So after pressing enter system works fineHow do i avoid my problem ? I dont want to get stuck at start up menu everytime i restart or start my system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Getting-stuck-at-Startup-Menu/td-p/5689863
Relevancy 47.3%

ok well ever since yesterday i got my new dell XPS i but something is very odd here are the specs GB ram Ghz intel core quad Q Menu Get On Stuck Items Screen! nividia so here s my problem every now and again like if i go on windows Menu Items Get Stuck On Screen! live messenger or other programs i go into something for example on messenger i click tools and options the options screen appears normally BUT the options item i clicked is still the on my screen it is not clickable and it can still be seen when the screen saver is running you can t make it disappear unless you do a reboot i have Menu Items Get Stuck On Screen! tried Menu Items Get Stuck On Screen! to turn off the monitor redo the tools options menu but still nothing works could it be an update that is bugged or something or could it be the video card im not quite sure i have also found the exact same problem on http forums whirlpool net au forum-repli fm html except its windows vista here is a screen shot of that problem on that website too if you know what s wrong or how to fix it please reply to this thread

A:Menu Items Get Stuck On Screen!

I've seen this occasionally on systems at work - and it's a genuine pain.

Generally it's due to either 1) problems with your graphics drivers or 2) problems with the use of resources on your system. But it can also be due to problems with your graphics hardware.

So, the first step would be to uninstall your graphics drivers and install the latest certified version from the manufacturer of your video chipset (nVidia, ATI, Intel, SiS, etc)

Then, go to Start and type in "eventvwr" (without the quotes) and press Enter. In the window that opens, click on System in the left hand pane - then review the log file (in the right hand pane) for errors. Then do the same thing for the Application category (checking for errors).

Let us know the results of what you find and we can work from there.

While waiting on this, you can also use your Task Manager to see if there's any issues that stand out. Right click on the Task Bar and select "Task Manager". When it opens, click on the Processes tab. Keep an eye on CPU and Memory statistics when this happens to see if anything jumps out at you (FYI - if you double click on the CPU or Memory tab, it'll sort the columns according to that heading's utilization).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157409/menu-items-get-stuck-on-screen/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all nbsp A few days ago the power ran down on my yoga to where it turned off while I was working nbsp I plugged in the power cord and powered the machine up again nbsp It only goes to this Boot Menu App Menu screen nbsp I can get to the Startup Interrupt Menu by pressing enter nbsp From there I can enter the BIOS Utility but am lost inside there nbsp There are other options from the interrupt menu nbsp ESC Boot Menu/App Thinkpad going 2 ... Yoga Menu Keeps to resume normal startup takes me back to boot menu screen F to diagnose hardward ran full diganoses and everything passed and F to choose a temporary startup device takes me also back to boot menu nbsp The only thing that has changed on my computer is that I installed windows last week nbsp It ran perfectly for days and only when the power ran down did this happen nbsp Would very much appreciate any guidance here nbsp Thanks Thinkpad Yoga 2 Keeps going to Boot Menu/App Menu ... nbsp

A:Thinkpad Yoga 2 Keeps going to Boot Menu/App Menu ...

When you run diagnostics, is the disk sensed?  If yes, it sounds like the disk was corrupted when it shut off

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-2-Keeps-going-to-Boot-Menu-App-Menu-Screen/td-p/3294822
Relevancy 47.3%

Computer gets stuck On the motherboard screen, and when I try to enter the setup when pressing delete it will change screens and say entering setup but will get and will not load the setup. I think I obtained a virus from a torrent and made my computer act like this.

Specs: windows 7 home edition
Ripjaws 4gb ram
Intel core i5
Motherboard : msi p55a-gd55

A:Computer stuck on motherboard loading screen, and stuck in setup.

Wrong forum for malware issues. Please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-on-motherboard-loading-screen-and-stuck-in-setup-595494.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a dual boot installation with Windows XP and Windows 7 on the same drive with two partitions. Both work just fine.

However most times that I boot from a cold boot, I get NO Boot options menu, just a blank screen and the hard drive light glows red, but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything.

If I press the reset switch, everything works just fine, the computer reboots, I get a boot options menu for selecting the operating system and either one boots up just fine.

If I shutdown the machine for any period of time, I'll get the blank screen until I do a hard reset.

It seems like the boot loader is not finding the ini file with the options, but only on a cold boot? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Dual Boot No Boot Options Menu on Cold Boot

Long shot, but could it possibly be a dead CMOS battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-dual-boot-no-boot-options-menu-on-cold-boot.897053/
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok Kind of hard to explain so I' m supplying a screen shot. Recently I started having my task bar on the left and have started to like it. Then just now I found that nvidia can make it transparent which I tried and also like but now whenever I hit the start menu and click a program or click away, part of the start menu is ghosted into the task bar. The only way to get rid of it is to move the task bar or take a boxed window and rub it through underneath the task bar to make it disappear. Any suggestions?

A:Transparent Taskbar - Start Menu Stuck

I prefer mine on the right.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transparent-taskbar-start-menu-stuck.519473/
Relevancy 46.87%

I can play Counter Strike non-steam on the computer at home but I have a problem on my laptop I installed it but this is what happens when I double click the shortcut the music comes up the wallpaper with the two CTs but there is no text where it s supposed to say New Game Actually when I at 1.6 &1.5 Stuck Main in Counter-Strike Menu hover with the mouse where the options are supposed to be lower left corner of the screen I hear the clicking noise I do have Tahoma Arial and Verdana in Windows Fonts I am running Windows on both machines -bit on the computer and -bit on the laptop pretty sure that does not matter because I managed to get Counter Strike working on the laptop Does anyone have an idea of how to get this game working properly PS I installed CS - same problem no text but there is clicking noise I installed Source and everything worked but slow because my lapotop is older than years now PPS I ve tried reinstalling the game and updating drivers or using older versions - no luck PPPS Moderator I ve pretty much copied this thread with additional details from the games Stuck at Main Menu in Counter-Strike 1.6 &1.5 forum because the problem here is a rendering problem linked to the graphics and video settings More people here too nbsp

A:Stuck at Main Menu in Counter-Strike 1.6 &1.5

Hi, Right click on the game exe file & select properties, click on compatibility tab check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for" & use the drop down menu to select Windows XP SP3, then Select the last option "Run this program as an administrator" Click on apply ok & now try the running the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-main-menu-in-counter-strike-1-6-1-5.901154/
Relevancy 46.87%

No matter what I do I can not get this thing removed, I have looked through a good bit of the tuts on this forum with no luck with any of them. When I right click I get an option to "remove from this list" but when I click it the icon remains as if I didnt click anything... anyone have any clues?

A:Libraries Icon STUCK on start menu

Hello Jay,

Is this a pinned or recent item in the Start Menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60978-libraries-icon-stuck-start-menu.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an interesting issue. One of my users get the highlight of the save as from the drop down menu stuck on her desktop when she saves a PDF out of her Outlook e-mail. It sits on top of any other window and shows up on print screens but isn't interactive at all. It goes away when she logs off.

I have looked in her task manager to see if there is a hung program but nothing seems to jump out as not normal. Both Outlook and Adobe show as being closed.

Anyone see something like this before?

A:Highlighted menu image stuck on desktop

Not sure, but she might see if refreshing (F5) the desktop may remove it. If not, then restarting explorer may.

Explorer - Add "Restart Explorer" to Desktop Context Menu

Hopefully, she won't have to log off to remove it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357657-highlighted-menu-image-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello nbsp Have seen many other users post about this issue have tried all the solutions that were presented but none worked nbsp I wanted nbsp to replace the GPU on my desktop but when I started up all I got was the Press Esc to startup menu and ESCAPE KEY STARTUP TO IN PRESS MENU STUCK as with other users pressing escape key did nothing nbsp Tried pressing F on powerup to get to STUCK IN PRESS ESCAPE KEY TO STARTUP MENU boot menu no luck nbsp Tried resetting the CMOS with the jumpers no change nbsp Tried taking out the motherboard battery and waiting for minutes no change nbsp Closest I got was when I reset CMOS with jumpers and then mashed F to get to BIOS It took me to something that looked like BIOS but it just repeated the Press Esc for startup menu text at the bottom and had no options to change anything on startup Screen would not respond to any key presses until I hit CTRL SHIFT ESCAPE and then it took me right back to that stupid Press Esc screen nbsp Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/STUCK-IN-PRESS-ESCAPE-KEY-TO-STARTUP-MENU/td-p/5665963
Relevancy 46.87%

As the title says..

I open mail windows live mail program, to check mails, and then right click to say move to deleted mails etc etc.

but then it has started to leave some of the rightclick menu permanent on screen even if The Mail program is shut down. it dissappears only by restart :S very wieard.

i have uploadet af screenshot of the "error"

A:When i Use windows Mail some of the Rightclick menu is stuck

How about highlighting the mail you want to delete and hit the delete key on the computer
Does the same thing happen?
If no, then do it that way
If all else fails do a repair on WLM
Control panel
Program and features
Double click Windows live Essentials
It will ask you to Repair or Uninstall
Pick Repair
When it finishes reboot the computer and see if this fixes it. And let us know

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/291896-when-i-use-windows-mail-some-rightclick-menu-stuck.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hope someone can help. I'm using Vista ultimate. I have the start menu set to classic. I wanted to revert back to the standard start menu, but it's missing!!!! How do I get it back? The space is there, but the button and label are both gone, nothing... This is really strange. Thanks in advance.
Paul

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182799-start-menu-stuck-classic-mode.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This may sound a little weird and troughout stuck Click screen is Highlight Right Menu to all the years I have used my computer this has never happened before nor have I ever Right Click Menu Highlight is stuck to screen seen it before anywhere else today I installed the Office Beta as Right Click Menu Highlight is stuck to screen well as WinRAR and Right Click Menu Highlight is stuck to screen this may or may not have caused it Whenever I right click on my desktop and select an item in the right click menu the blue quot highlighted text quot doesn t go away Example I right click on quot my computer quot to see how much disk space I have left I right click on it select quot properties quot The selected highlighted choice does not go away its just a visual thing Its in front of all windows even when shutting down or using other applications its really annoying When I change my screen resolution back and forth it disappears or when I restart windows It seems transparent as well nonetheless its a huge annoyance Here are two pictures I took of this weird occurance If anyone can help me Id appreciate that nbsp

A:Right Click Menu Highlight is stuck to screen

Well first of all your pictures are not there. Second the Office 2007 Beta is a beta and might cause some really difficult problems and seeing as this came up after it was installed I would think it might be the cause of the problem. If it is the cause of the problem I would suggest calling Microsoft tech support to see if they give tech support on a beta program, I do not think they do.

Also a good rule pertaining to beta's is not to install them on your main system. Install on a backup or what some call a crash so if they cause problems it will not affect your main system.

My first suggestion on trying to fix this would be to re-install or upgrade the video driver, then reboot the computer and see if the problem still occurs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/right-click-menu-highlight-is-stuck-to-screen.488590/
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I refresh, the "Refresh" menu item stays onscreen.
Altering the screen resolution and then reverting it removes the irritating.... well, umm... irritant.

A:Right-click menu item stuck onscreen

Lol, That's the same thing happened to me last few days ago. i don't know how to solve it but i did something then it's solved. wait let me check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294745-right-click-menu-item-stuck-onscreen.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Compaq Presario S WM Desktop Windows XP SP Error also occured on SP AMD Athlon Processor S Graphics ProSavageDDR Card This error [SOLVED] Selection Menu Stuck on Gets Screen only occurs on right-click popup menu selections It happens randomly mostly with notification bar icon menus but it has now also occured in the Mail panel of my Opera browser when I selected quot Empty trash quot from the menu that drops down when you click on a folder in this instance quot Trash quot The operation completes fine and the selection menu goes away but my individual selection remains in a kind of stationary ghost image in the forefront of my screen above any programs It's completely non-reactive to anything I do like re-opening the same menu and selecting that [SOLVED] Menu Selection Gets Stuck on Screen option again At one point I downloaded a program that registers oject positions on the screen like open windows and it didn't see anything there Here's a picture of the problem http s photobucket com albums n lMenuError jpg The only way I have found to get it to go away is restarting the computer If anyone has a fix or an idea of how to make it disappear without restarting I'd be greatful

A:[SOLVED] Menu Selection Gets Stuck on Screen

Update: The screensaver had never come on while this was happening before, but it just did. Sure enough the thing is still there. On top of the window logo and everything. (And the login menu when it came up.)

Heh. Thing's indestructible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-menu-selection-gets-stuck-on-screen-256096.html
Relevancy 46.44%

This problem started just last night and I ve gone through to after Menu" screen Problem going computer with black/blank "Boot a series Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" of possibilities and I m Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" pretty sure I ve ruled out it being the Video Card at this point I m assuming it is the Hard Drive but I wanted to get an opinion that has actual value rather than my own gt lt Last night I shut down my computer via start menu and went to turn it back on and when I did the screen went blank black after the quot boot menu quot not sure what that menu is called its where its kind of blue i have an hp and you can hit Esc F F F After that happened I figured oh well maybe it just loaded wrong so I shut it off now when I hit the power button rather than having to hold it down I just press it once even lightly and it just shuts down completely Normally when you hit it you have to hold it down to shut it down completely or so I think Now I m currently using an Nvidia GeForce GTX video card I swapped that out with a working one which was an Nvidia GeForce GT not sure if the were compatible or not but it fit and everything ok Computer still did the same thing with the other video card I didn t try the current one in the broken computer in the working computer to rule it out completely I just assuming that was the cast besides it wouldn t fit in the other computer or didn t have some of the cords Which is why I came to the assumption it is the Hard Drive A as google puts it Logical Hard Drive Failure I m not really sure what that is seems like it can happen due to a virus deleting system files etc I m also not sure on what to look for if one occurs can the screen load that boot menu and actually go blank afterwards like when its loading windows Anyways I have no clue where to go from here or what steps to even take If needed here are my system specs - Intel Core i - Processor - GB DDR System Memory - TB Hard Drive Made by Seagate it looks like I m pretty sure there are drives aswell a much smaller one that stores most of the system files and the giant one though I see nothing inside the actual computer that would indicate a nd drive - Nvidia GeForce GTX with GB Dedicated Graphics Memory - Annnnnd Windows Incase anyone was also curious the video card I tested with was - GeForce GT with MB DDR The computer itself that I use and am currently experiencing problems with is HP Pavilion Elite HPE f PC nbsp

A:Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu"

See if you can boot off something like Hiren's Boot CD and then run a hard drive diagnostic tool.

That will rule in or out a hard drive problem. It could be that your Windows system files got corrupted and maybe you could fix by doing a repair of Windows from a Windows 7 dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-going-to-black-blank-screen-after-boot-menu.176088/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there,

I purchased an ASUS x501U a few months ago at Target--it is a cheap computer but it got decent reviews and the specs are actually pretty good. I went to reset the factory settings, and there was an error (This also occurs with refreshing). After several tries, I have gotten my computer to the screen that says "System Restore" "System Image Recovery" "Automatic Repair" "Command Prompt" "UEFI Firmware Settings" "Startup Settings". I don't know what steps to take from here--I'm not computer illiterate but most of my knowledge is in graphic design. I figured it is not a lost cause because I can access Command Prompt. Someone please help! This is my first post, and I really can't eat the $400 I paid for this!

Thanks

Sneaky Munky

A:Stuck in resetting--error resetting computer--need to boot

For the record, System Restore, Image Recovery, Automatic Repair---these don't work

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30327-stuck-resetting-error-resetting-computer-need-boot.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer automatically updated when I turned it on. It's on the HP logo screen. The update stops at 9% and won't budge for the past 2 days.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-stuck-on-Logo-and-is-updating-but-stuck-at-9/td-p/5650526
Relevancy 46.01%

my pc is stuck after login. i recently formatted my hd .it worked fine after that until i installed eset security from An old setup file from d: !! as soon as eset started it detected and deleted many system files(which is weird cuz they were safe) so i disabled eset . but today when i turned on my pc it is stuck at wallpaper and keeps me giving warning about drwtsn32.exe and dwwin.exe . when i tried opening taskmanager i get a dialogue box saying it can't be opened ..

i tried chkdsk /r from cd and it found and fixed some errors but when restarted i still get the same situation (even in safe mode) .

A:Stuck after login, no desktop iconsor start menu - only the wallpaper

You were probably infected and the malware got into your system files. Eset deleted these files, and if you would have let it complete it may have restored the original files. Anyways, put the XP CD in and do a Repair Install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-after-login-no-desktop-iconsor-start-menu-only-the-wallpaper-627397.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

Last night, system running fine. Woke this morning to login screen, aka MS sent an update. Boot up but the start menu is stuck. This has happened before, a simple reboot usually fixes this and its good going forward. Not this time, restart it might work but will eventually stop again. Looking at task manager I have Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (6) taking up 26-30% utilization. Boot into safe mode and everything is fine however.

I don't know what was in last nights update but it appears to have really screwed up my system. The only thing I added yesterday was CPUID CPU-Z, I really don't think that is the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38975-stuck-start-menu-dcom-server-process-launcher-cpu-utilization.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I m new here and have searched the web but can t seem to find similar symptoms I ve noticed after performing various updates either to whatever programs or Windows itself - any ones that require a re-start that when I re-start my laptop and when the Alienware logo appears booting basically - at normal slow, stuck almost re-boot screen non-existant Alienware boot VER / logo warm cold freezes I m only having issues when I restart even when there are no pending updates to anything nbsp I tested today and booting actually continues on its own but VERY slowly nbsp If I get stuck at this screen and I press my power button the laptop immediately turns off nbsp Pressing the power button VER slow, almost non-existant warm re-boot / normal cold boot - stuck at Alienware logo screen again boots the machine to what I consider normally nbsp It basically whizzes by the Alienware logo screen and VER slow, almost non-existant warm re-boot / normal cold boot - stuck at Alienware logo screen into Windows without issue nbsp If I fully shutdown then use the power button to boot up everything goes normally too nbsp Re-starting anytime is when my issue occurs My system OS Name Microsoft Windows ProVersion Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer AlienwareSystem Model Alienware System Type x -based PCSystem SKU Alienware Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Alienware A SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode LegacyBaseBoard Manufacturer AlienwareBaseBoard Model Not AvailableBaseBoard Name Base BoardPlatform Role MobileSecure Boot State UnsupportedPCR Configuration Binding Not PossibleWindows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM GBTotal Physical Memory GBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions YesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware YesHyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes I ve done ePSA tests and other Dell checks and all tests return no problems Any suggestions nbsp Anyone else see this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981181
Relevancy 44.29%

I left my computer asleep When I awoke it it froze up so I restarted it and it told me I had a disk boot failure insert boot disk If I reboot and press f to get a boot menu from the bios I can select the drive that has windows failure, mode launch boot boot can menu safe Disk to through on it If I do not intervene beyond this it will boot to windows but as soon as I login it will show the task bar but that's as far as it gets The mouse will still move but beyond that I have no control left or right click ctrl alt del Etc The one light on the front of the case that usually blinks remains on solid Sometimes after this stage if I reboot with the button on the case the drive that contains windows will not be recognized by the bios It will Disk boot failure, can launch to safe mode through boot menu simply say that sata connection is empty If I power the computer off and wait a few seconds and turn Disk boot failure, can launch to safe mode through boot menu it on the drive will be displayed again I then can press f to get Disk boot failure, can launch to safe mode through boot menu the boot menu and select the right drive and this time I will press f to get the windows boot menu I can select safe mode with networking and boot up I have been using windows on safe mode for over an hour and it runs fine I have run MSE as well I downloaded AVG free but I can only use the command line version in safe mode which I did I am not sure what to check here I was thinking the hard drive was failing but then why am I able to run on safe mode for so long Boot sector virus Some other virus What should I look for and what can I do in safe mode a lot of choices are disabled Thanks in advance for any help

A:Disk boot failure, can launch to safe mode through boot menu

I would first Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174369-disk-boot-failure-can-launch-safe-mode-through-boot-menu.html