Windows Support Forum

Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

Q: Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

I have a brand new computer which is much capable on computer new regardless Game OS of freezes brand of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS all updates for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

There are many things that can be the cause of this. I first thought it was the GPU, but as I read on, I think it could be either a RAM, temperature, or HDD issue. It is most likely a RAM issue.

Another issue could be overheating, but since the games crash basically instantly, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Just to make sure, can you download RealTemp and tell me temperatures on the CPU? Also, download GPU-Z, and tell me the GPU temperatures (sensor tab of GPU-Z, under "GPU Temperature").

Most likely cause: It could also be bad RAM (this is the most likely reason). Download Memtest86, put it on a flash drive, and boot into it. Run Memtest about 5-10 times and tell me the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.194153/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I have a brand new computer which is much capable of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I computer of Game regardless brand freezes on new OS was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied all updates Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

Hi there,

just a couple of usual things to try:

Have you checked the temperatures of your machine using something like HWMonitor for the CPU and GPUZ for the Graphics card?

Connected 2x6pin power leads to your GPU

Run memtest on both of your ram sticks individually?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.1102920/
Relevancy 66.22%

So I just bought a Dell Studio XPS 9000. The specs on it can be found http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desk...spx?refid=desktop-studio-xps-9000&s=dhs&cs=19

I went with the middle deal. The 2nd of 3.

My computer runs super fast. Never any internet problems because of my fast connection. Never any lag problems on desktop. I run AION: Tower of Eternity which specs are very high graphics/memory etc. demanding.

The game I am trying to run, Combat Arms, which is a very low graphics/memory etc. demanding game, has small lag, and unsmooth gameplay. My old gateway ran this game with no problems even with it's low specs.

I don't know why my brand new computer lags on such a crappy game? Is it because it is vista sp2? The game is online only, which might help you guys help me.
Sorry for the long read, and thanks!

A:Brand new computer running old game unsmooth!

probably becose the conection between your computer and the game server is low and you are reciving to little information to slow,just my opinion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-computer-running-old-game-unsmooth.871540/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi This is probably not Win XP related but I wasn't sure where to post it so here goes I've got a new computer which is Motherboard Asus P B LGA SATAII DDRII new brand computer freezes almost PCI-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz RAM x Kingston Value RAM DDRII GB PC HDD Samsung Spinpoint T GB MB SATA R DVD Samsung DVD RW SH-S D BEBE almost brand new computer freezes Sound Soundblaster Audigy SE bit kHz EAX Cabin almost brand new computer freezes Thermaltake Shark Black without PSU PSU LC-Power Silent Giant Green W mm Graphic Club D GeForce PCI-E GTS MB xDVI TV OS Win XP SP It is working fine and all but so far it froze times and last within hours which started to worry me And when I say froze I mean everything freezes If I wait and don't do anything after a while screen goes off as if the computer was shut down which isn't And I carefully tried to hear any unusual almost brand new computer freezes sound while the freezing happens to see if something is wrong but the computer runs normally without any going off reset sound What can be the problem I'm thinking some hardware problem but I have no idea how to figure it out Any help appreciated PS During the all the freezings I was playing the game World of Warcraft while listening to some music in Winamp So the computer wasn't doing any hard job at all

A:almost brand new computer freezes

Hi,

It's probably your power supply being too weak. Please have a look at the label on the PSU and see what it says about amps on the +12V rail(s). Also, please download and run Speedfan (link in my signature) - post back with a screenshot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/almost-brand-new-computer-freezes-176191.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone I'll just start by saying that a forum like this is a computer Brand new BSOD: freezes godsend for me and I hope someone can help me out I'll try to explain my computer problems as detailed as I can It's BSOD: Brand new computer freezes a fairly long story so I hope it's not too long for you If my english seems to be a bit quot off quot that's because it's not my first language so bear with me I'll begin with the list I'm supposed to add to a BSOD post -OS Windows -x -No pre-installed OS Windows has been the only OS installed -The OS is an OEM version but I installed it myself -The system is about months old now -I have reinstalled the OS two times after the first installation total -CPU Intel Ci no OC -Video card Zotac Geforce GTX -Motherboard First I'll explain later in the post Asus P T Deluxe v Current board Asus P TD Deluxe -PSU Corsair HX W Note Because I have reinstalled my OS a couple of times I only have the dump files for the latest installation but there has been no change in the way the errors present Since day one my computer has been what I can only describe as unstable It will suddenly freeze I've noticed a pattern and I'll come back to that and it will either restart automatically after anywhere between - seconds or I'll have to press the restart button When W restarts it will only some times tell me that it has experienced an unexpected shutdown or something like that so it doesn't always give me dump files I don't actually see the bluescreens myself but the Windows error report calls it quot Bluescreen quot My computer will freeze when -Loading or playing Youtube videos mostly when loading the video but if it freezes during play it happens within the first few seconds of the video -At the quot welcome quot screen when starting Windows As soon as the welcome screen appears it will freeze This happens rather rarely and requires a manual restart -When loading games maps in games but never while playing the few times it has frozen during play it has been while playing Flight Simulator X -More randomly and very rarely when I start a Windows application like Firefox or open the Windows control panel or The Nvidia control panel these are just examples -While using the P T Deluxe V board It froze when changing the desktop background slide show but I haven't had any problems with that after changing to the P TD Deluxe Note I don't know if it's important but when the PC freezes while in a game or playing youtube videos the sound often continue playing normally for a few seconds before it stops I think that's just about all of them at least the ones I can remember At first I thought I had RAM problems so I ran Memtest on all but one of my sticks I have x GB They cleared passes each so there was apparently no problems there I didn't bother testing the last stick because I borrowed a stick of RAM to see if I still had the same problems using that stick and there was no difference I then ran a hard drive diagnostic program can't remember which to try to find bad sectors I have an Intel SSD as system disk and a quot regular quot one for storage but the drives were fine After talking to someone at my local computer store the next suspect was the motherboard and it seemed to be a likely one Impacient as I am not wanting to wait six weeks to get a new one from the webshop I ordered it from I went ahead and purchased the P TD Deluxe thinking that all my problems would disappear Big mistake The PC would still freeze in the same places as before but oddly less frequently This varies of course On bad days it will freeze up to - times a day On quot good quot days quot just quot - That got my attention over to the video card I was advised to download and run ATItool even though I have an Nvidia card and run the quot check for artifacts quot test to strain the card and also to run ATItool together with OCCT to strain the whole system While running ATItool only I got no errors but I only ran it for about minutes I then ... Read more

A:BSOD: Brand new computer freezes

Guess who's back...

Hello and welcome to TSF.

They definitely appear to be video-related. Bugchecks 0x116, 0x50 and 0x124. nvlddmkm.sys appears multiple times as the probable cause, which is an NVIDIA video driver. Are you over or underclocking the card? If not, then I agree with you: it could be the power supply, or maybe just a BIOS setting issue.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Sep 10 13:16:37.369 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:13.431
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800559e3a0, fffff8800ffefcf8, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+119cf8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Sep 7 20:34:47.210 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:25:39.272
BugCheck 50, {fffff88002800000, 0, fffff8800ff6be14, 0}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+75e14 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 6 01:38:23.538 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.600
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80067bc8f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
Debug session time: Fri Aug 27 09:41:41.594 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:26.545
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005a2e4e0, fffff8800ffa5cf8, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat Aug 7 09:13:54.296 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:49.358
BugCheck 50, {fffff88002800000, 0, fffff8800ff71e14, 0}
Debug session time: Sat Aug 7 09:06:31.937 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:38.888
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800580b4e0, fffff8800ffe3cf8, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
Debug session time: Sat Aug 7 08:40:15.125 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:44.187
BugCheck 50, {fffff88002800000, 0, fffff8800fee6e14, 0}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-brand-new-computer-freezes-513072.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey everyone i just bought a HP Pavillion Elite PC After a few minutes of running games they freeze and i get a blue screen where there is a load of writing i dont understand or else it will just freeze Brand Nvidia. new 9300GS computer Freezes and my monitor wont pick up a signal On occasions 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes of the second instance i have to actually plug out the machine from the socket It is days old Always had the problem Also when there is a freeze and shutdown i can temporarily see that objects and effects are surrounded by little purple dots While playing med total war on occasion there would be weird triangular shapes appearing also Motherboard - Intel G g G P P chipset intel IR ich r southbridge Graphic interface -ehhh Windows Vista is that what your looking for Memory - gb ram CPU -Intel core QUAD q CPU Speed - Ghz but there is cores Power Supply Make Model - this info is hard for me to get very poor experience with actually opening case plus its brand new and i dont want to risk anything A point to note though The power supply should be enough to power my machine if have not added anything to it This machine has been mass produced Watt output Amperage- sorry but i dont know where to get this info hopefully not a problem Graphics Card- 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes Nvidia GS I have latest drivers Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9300gs-nvidia-brand-new-computer-freezes.769952/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi So I just got this new Asus n sn-xr laptop using windows and already I brand on computer, new Freezes Random BSOD m having some problems with it Basically what happens is it Random Freezes on brand new computer, BSOD will freeze seemingly at random times at first I thought it was firefox but I just got it again using google chrome I m not sure if its related to browsing the internet or not and the computer will after a short period of time become completely unresponsive I can t even load task manager so the only way to turn of the computer is with the power button One of the times my computer freezed I got a BSOD and it said quot driver power state failure quot I took a picture of it and I can provide the other information too if you need me too I can return this computer by monday if it sounds like a hardware issue but if its not then I would much rather fix it because I ve already put so much time into transferring all my files haha Thanks in advance

A:Random Freezes on brand new computer, BSOD

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411797/random-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-bsod/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I hope this is the right spot if not feel free to move it where it needs to be Any who I ve been having Disconnect issues with my computer for the Help, computer. game freezes last months or so I mainly use my desktop for Help, game freezes computer. gaming and have my Help, game freezes computer. router a bit of distance away but it hasn t given me much issue till recently Since I m not close to Help, game freezes computer. the router I ve been using a netgear wifi adapter to connect to the internet for a few years now no problem But the last few months I m lucky if I can be on for a few hours without having to pull out the wifi adapter or restart my computer to get back online About a month ago I moved my desktop into the living room where the router is and still had disconnect issues my system was out there for a few weeks before I gave up and moved back into my office It s annoying but I ve been dealing with it until a few days ago I m not a hardcore gamer I mostly play World of Warcraft and the Sims but I play them often in my spare time A few days ago I was on WoW and within maybe minutes of being logged on my whole computer froze It took me minutes of holding down crtl alt del to get the task manager open and close down the game once WoW was close my computer went back to normal Opened WoW again and same thing happened expect I had to do a forced reboot to get my computer working again I thought it was my graphics card and checked for updates then made sure Windows was also up to date I ran an update on my anti-virus and had it do a scan just in case When I couldn t get back on I gave up and contacted the company that owns WoW who told me the usual update addons delete game folders delete programs etc to no effect The reason why I thought it was an issue with the game was because if I don t open WoW at all I have little issue with my computer at all it may disconnect once or twice but nothing major Until I deiced to try the Sims game mainly because I was bored but also because I wanted to see if it was my computer being a tool and within minutes of my test file The Sims game froze and I had to do a forced reboot I m not that great with computers anymore and since I was already having a problem with my internet connection I was wondering if the two problems were related If anyone can help I d greatly appreciate it and will gladly send along cookies nbsp

A:Help, game freezes computer.

Anyone willing to help with this? I'm at my wits end and am finding out I have quite the temper since I've threatened to throw my tower out the window a few times now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-game-freezes-computer.1160509/
Relevancy 59.34%

It seems completely random, but my computer locks up in the middle of a game or watching a dvd. Sometimes it's good for hours on end, and sometimes it won't last 10 mintes from startup.

I am currently running:
Windows XP Pro
1gb PC3200 Kingston Valueram
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
120 GB Seagate HDD
Pioneer DVD Rom
NVidia GeForce 5500 128MB
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
I defragged the hard drive earlier today, restarted, and ran Counter-Strike immediately after. It locked up about 5 minutes into the game. It doesn't give me any sort of BSOD, no error log that I know of, and can only be restarted by pressing the Reset button.

A:Computer freezes in-game

Hello Ben_Evans and Welcome to TSG!

Your problem may be virus related or some kind of secuirty threat.

Download HijackThis from here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=11&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13

Run HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan and save log file".

Post the HijackThis log on this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-in-game.329939/
Relevancy 59.34%

Whenever i play computer games such as CounterStrike or The Sims my game would freeze every now and then Sometimes frequently i freeze or lag like crazy for like seconds max and come back to normal this happens Freezes Computer Game constantly Computer Game Freezes and i have no idea wut s the problem it happens with ANY cpu game i play too it first started happening when i had a Vanta bad vid card graphics card Computer Game Freezes and installed this Game into my comp i uninstalled the game but the freezing still happens I got a new vid card bad too gf mx thinking it would fix the freezing but it didn t i own a compaq presario with ghz and mb of ram I run on windows xp home edition i ve also downloaded the detonator drivers and refresh rate to try and fix them it didn t whenever i turn off vsync to get frames per second in games i freeze every minute for seconds each it s crazy ne one have an idea how to fix this annoying thing w o buying nething new plz help me nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hey My computer is GHZ MB Computer every My with game freezes Ram and has about GB free and has two hard drives one is a gig the other is My Computer freezes with every game a gig and I have an ATI i think its like radeon but nevertheless is a mb video card Now my situation is that every time I seem to play a computer game the computer just freezes It ll just lock up about minutes into the game This isn t just specific to one game though for example before about or three months ago Flight SImulator History of Flight used to run perfectly fine but now it freezes like minutes in Same is with F Career Challange and also Simcity Now the latest game that I got is Sims and the graphics are running fine and it runs perfectly as if nothing is wrong then it just freezes and I have to restart the computer The last time it froze right before it froze I opened up windows task manager to check and see whether my CPU was being overused But it was only at like something percent So what could be the problem I ll give u the list of things that I have concern over andmaybe you could either validate it by hopefully tellin me how to solve it or shoot it down Since my hard drvies are partition and my windows is on the partition A which is gigs and all my games are on Partition B which is gigs could there be like a calibration problem cuz the gig hard drive that i put into this comp is from another computer but I did format it before i put it in Could it be that there is some kind of virus on the computer and if so how come it hasn t been caught by noroton antivirus yet which I run every week and who s defiinitions are updated at that time also Could it be that I might not have some kind of patch for the video card But the thing is that I went on the ATI web site and downloaded all the recent one s yesterday And still no luck Could it be that my computer is over heating I tried solving that problem yesterday by opening the case slightly to let the really really cool air from my basement filter in to the couter and just by hoovering my hand over it it doesn t seem that hot at all Thank you for your help nbsp

A:My Computer freezes with every game

Check for CPU and/or Video chip cooling fans. If those are present ut not running, your system will overheat quickly. As you specifically indicate games, I'd check the videocard's fan chip first. Aso, excessive dust buildup may block sufficient airflow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-freezes-with-every-game.391119/
Relevancy 58.48%

After playing to minutes of a D online game such as DOD or DOD source my computer will freeze At first I thought it was permanent so I would hold down off switch to force a reboot At this time I figured either CPU or graphics card was overheating At some point I tried Alt-Tab and system temporarily freezes Computer game eventually after about a minute would unfreeze and switched applications I was able to go back to game and continue playing until the next time it frooze System only freezes while playing D games I have tried updating drivers and even motherboard drivers I have NVidia GeForce GT and Asus A N X with one GB of memory I tried Computer game temporarily freezes setting graphic features e g resolution to minimum level but does not have impact I use Norton Internet Security and Antivirus software and scans do not show any threats Operation system is XP Home Edition Any ideas on what could be causing system to temporarily freeze or how to track down Would installing some PC tool such as Registry Mechanic or PC tuning or optimizing software or even memory management software such as Memturbo Computer game temporarily freezes be a potential fix nbsp

A:Computer game temporarily freezes

The first thought that comes to my mind is that it's a memory problem. Try running MemTest, it's a boot CD that thoroughly tests your memory for problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-game-temporarily-freezes.503907/
Relevancy 58.48%

When I try to play a game the computer will either freeze or the monitor will just go black. The light on the monitor will start blinking green, or the monitor test will come up saying the monitor is working properly, but has been disconnected. I am using Win XP Pro. I have replaced the hard drive, try different monitors and video cards. I currently have a cd rw and dvd rw drives, I have disconnected both from the cable and just connected one at a time and it doesn't help. I have no idea what is wrong, I am thinking it could be the motherboard. I need help.

A:Computer Freezes during game play

I have a similiar problem and can only suggest what has been mentioned on my post... http://forums.techguy.org/t317576.html

Run some diagnostic software, check your temp's, try a different power supply etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-during-game-play.318572/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, as title says, when I try to install any game, my computer freezes and need to be rebooted.

CD Reader: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B SCSI CdRom Device
CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+

I don't know much at all about this subject so please explain so i'll understand =)

Relevancy 58.48%

so it either freezes or goes to a blue screen, i used that sf diagnostic tool, says to zip the log and rename it to my username, i hope i did it right Attachment 326805 plus when i used the diagnostic tool i got a message saying im missing wevtapi.dll, thanks for the help

A:Computer freezes when i try to download a game

Hi Vancity99.

Test the HDD using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows. Take bot hte short test and the extended test.

If it is passed, it will be the best and easiest for you to resolve all the possible errors in a single go is to perform a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using a SP1 disc, and make the installation driver complete itself as guided in the guide.

Because, the issue is storage related; and if the physical storage drive is good, the issue will be with the controller. Here it controller is NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller which is not possible to find updates. So it is best to have a clean install with the windows system native drivers those does not fail.

Code:
----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
BugCheck C0000102, {fffff8a0048c5c20, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpSystemErrorHandler2+5e1 )

---------

Code:
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc0000102

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000102 - {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000102 - {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

Code:
BugCheck 24, {190477, fffff8800318c1e8, fffff8800318ba50, fffff8800122c6c6}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsPagingFileIo+1a6 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339051-computer-freezes-when-i-try-download-game.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Ive tried to download several games and once I put the disc in the computer stops working and lines go across the screen and I can't use it. I have to press the power off button and turn it back on to get it to work again but still the same result with the discs. Help I'm desperate.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi i am running windows bit Ultimate i am currently computer game FSX in freezes repeated having the same problem i use my computer for Flight Simualtor online gaming and last night my FSX game froze which i was not to concerned about but when i started to have repeated freezes in game i decided to shutdown and restart computer i then had the problem you were having i would get to the windows startup with the quot Colours quot and my computer would not load any further i then went to bed due to frustration and woke up next morning to find that my computer worked perfectly this worked for about hrs when i recieved exact problem again and have spent the last hrs trying to get my computer to work Finally i am back online but it did it itself with normal startup a am just wanting do know r u still suffering problem and or did u find a solution and what repeated computer freezes in FSX game was your solution or does anyone have a solution all help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Matt

A:repeated computer freezes in FSX game

Hello Wokka21 and welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you reviewed the steps in the other thread that were suggested?

Windows 7 freezes turn into inability to boot into anything

As mentioned there can you post your system specs?
This could be a hardware issue, with out your system specs it will be difficult for us to recommend the correct tests.
System Info - See Your System Specs
Or you can use: Speccy Free System information Utility

Follow this procedure and post the requested information, even if there are no dump files, the info generated can help us to find the cause.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Start with a HDD test, best to get the app from your HDD manufacturer.
Then memtest86+, run first with all your RAM cards installed, run for a full 7 passes, best to run overnight as it may take a while.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210257-repeated-computer-freezes-fsx-game.html
Relevancy 58.48%

During games like far cry 2 it freezes often after about 15 min and games like frozen throne occasionally after varied times. When it freezes the sound loops at a high frequency for a short time before silence. Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't do anything I can only reboot.

I have updated the video card driver.

this is what my computer is equipped with:

Amd socket AM2 athlon64 x2 Dual core 5400+ Black Edition
Corsair TWIN2X2048, with heatsink , Low-latency , 2x1Gb
MSI K9A2 motherboard, 5.1 audio
XFX geforce 9500GT , HDMi ready , 512mb 256bit DDR3
WD 7200.11 st3320613as , 320gb Hard Drive
Coller Master HX CPU Cooler
ASUS TA-861 vento A8 midi tower , black , 300w Tower and PSU

It is using 32bit vista ultimate

The computer is about 4 months old.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok so here is the problem My computer lately for about a days now has been freezing for short moments and usually repeatedly well play killing floor and wc for - seconds which never happened till now killing floor using during game play and wc at battle net after logging in and sometimes during game play During computer temperarily freezes game its not internet because usual if its the internet i can still tab out or move mouse etc During game computer temperarily freezes im running win xp pro intel duo core e ghz ghz gigs of ram ddr geforce gts with gig ram power supply is w area ive ran both disc clean and defrag and have monthly including clearing internet cookies etc even ran a win repair to see if it was a corrupt file sprayed all fans and the computer clean of dust no loose wires everything is were it should be and i put the video card in back in july and there was no prob till now even updated most of my software other then havent checked for a bios update any ideas thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

First time posting Not sure if I should put this in this section or the gaming one My PC keeps crashing every once in a while while playing a game Usually during Battlefield Bad Company since I playing freezes Computer a when game play that the most at this time This happened a few time also in Batman Arkham Asylum Computer freezes when playing a game Doesn't happen when playing Portal so far All these games are Steam games that I've tried I have done everything I Computer freezes when playing a game can by reinstalling graphic drivers defrag hard drive selective start up to see if it was a driver program registry cleaning CPU stress test Memtest and GPU stress test Nothing is working I did a stress tests to see if it was just my components are either over heating or being over stress for some reason but I never get a computer freeze when doing them for hours I've done windows updates and it seems to work once i install new updates but the next day I have the same problem I even went to reinstalling Windows and of course didn't fix it My specs are the following - AMD Phenom II x T GHz stock clock turbo boost turned off core unlocker turned off - GB DDR GSkills Ripjaw MHz Had but couldn't fit cause of cpu heatsink Trying to buy a new heatsink for that one stick so I can have GB - x TB Western Digital Black Caviar HDD Gbs - COUGAR CMX W PSU - x Sapphire AMD GB Crossfired - ASUS ROG Crosshair Formula IV Mobo Nothing is OC everything is stock voltages and speeds Not sure if having dual monitors would be a problem but I do have a quot Samsung rz Hz monitor as my main with a quot Dell monitor I've tried everything I can think of and Googled everything but nothing seems to work I got this rig so I can enjoy my games and so far I'm not enjoying them to the fullest Any help would be greatly appreciated I never wanted to go to a forum for help but I am desperate My friends don't even know what to do Thanks in advanced

A:Computer freezes when playing a game

please go into your BIOS and post your voltages and temps.

Whilst you have a high wattage power supply it is a very low quality power supply so this could be a suspect.

There is no need for more than 4GB RAM unless you do high end video editing or use photoshop or virtual machines plus if your ddr3 is suppossed to all be matched then it may be that it is all supposed to be installed to work correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-when-playing-a-game-567694.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an Intel i cpu gigs ram freezes Solved: Game computer. radeoan HD vid msi X A-GD mobo Everything is less then monthes old except for the vid card All of a sudden in the past few days the computer has been freezing up while trying to play BF I ve never had problems running the game until a few days ago I thought it may be Solved: Game freezes computer. the summer heat so I put the tower on a solid platform on the floor next to the Solved: Game freezes computer. desk but it still freezes I also have taken the side off the tower sometimes that helps Still freezes up in the middle of my game I ve tried updating the driver I know a lot of people have had problems with the drivers but I never have had a problem But now I m updated to the drivers Still freezes I usually have the AMD Overdrive running with auto-tune to over-clock the video card But I havent had to enabled for a month or so I thought maybe it was because I did NOT have to over-clocked so I over-clocked it and it still freezes up I m coming to my wits end here How can I test my video card Or are there other tests I can run to rule out other things Thank you for your help Donnie nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I recently downloaded Portal 2 and it worked fine (a small FPS issue but its fine). But now every time I play a level, it basicly crashes and brings my laptop with it.
When I load up a level, it makes my screen blink on and off, and it a notification says that the display driver has stopped working.

I am running windows 10, on a DELL Latitude e6400 laptop. I have 150 gigs, and 111 gigs used.:/

A:Game crashes and freezes up my computer... Please Help!

My guess right off the bat.... It's incompatible with Windows 10.

You are trying to run a older game which was compatible with xp so most likely won't play well with 64bit OS which I'm guessing your windows 10 is?

You may try compatibility mode, if windows 10 has it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-crashes-and-freezes-up-my-computer-please-help.1162949/
Relevancy 58.48%

My computer freezes entirely when I launch a game called CS:GO. I can't even do ctrl+alt+del and alt+f4. The buttons that emit light won't respond like when I press the caps lock button, it wont indicate a light on the right side of the keyboard. Why is this happening? I have a GTX 970 ZOTAC Extreme Edition, and normal temps on cpu and gpu. Help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/388328-computer-freezes-entirely-when-i-launch-game.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a game called Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of time on a 750 Mhz AMD-Thunderbird computer with DirectX 8.0a installed. However, usually within 60 seconds of playing the game, the computer freezes. It did that before I installed DirectX 8.0a (yesterday) and after. Does anybody have any ideas?? I just played Riven for countless hours without having any problems.

The video card is a Guillemot Xentor 32 Mb TNT 2AG. I have never been able to play for more than about a minute. Even the demo included in the Riven package did that.

Thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I ve been having a freezing problem with my computer for the last couple of months now playing Computer freezes a game when and Computer freezes when playing a game can not figure out what the problem is When I start up a game like World of Computer freezes when playing a game Warcraft League of Legends Battle Field Badcompany etc Is usually when the freezing occurs It s happens right when any actual D environment is shown What I find extremely weird is that sound will keep playing on like if I have music in the back ground and even when I am on Skype with a friend I can talk to him while everything is unresponsive The Keyboard and mouse become completely unresponsive and frozen Also I have noticed that I ve never had a problem while running any Valve games like Team Fortress Left dead amp Counter-Strike Source and Portal I have already updated the drivers on my video card and have cleaned the computer several times thoroughly This Computer freezes when playing a game is all happening on my own build here are the specs If anyone can please help me out It would be very much appreciated CPU AMD Phenom II X Processor Ghz Motherboard ASUS M N Deluxe AM AM AM NVIDIA nForce a SLI AMD Motherboard Memory G SKILL PI Black GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Videocard Evga GT MB Ram Soundcard Speakers PLANTRONICS GameCom mm USB Connector Circumaural Surround Sound Gaming Headset Case Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case OS Windows bit nbsp

A:Computer freezes when playing a game

Sounds like a video card problem. Since it was running fine bfore my guess is either you have some dust accumulated in your card or the fan (if it has one) is not working so the processor is over heating and locking up. Take off your cover and look for dust...blow it out as best you can with canned air or a compressor then if you have a fan turn your machine on with the cover still off and watch the fan to see if it starts. If it doesn't start with your desktop screen go ahead and start a game...go to spectator mode and watch the fan. If it still doesnt start you may need a new card or fashion an aftermarket fan to cool the processor. Goodluck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-playing-a-game.153871/
Relevancy 58.48%

I know it sounds wierd but its happening my computer will freeze and my dvd will corrupt and make a sound and after that I cant do ANYTHING I had a friend of mine who help me build my computer come over and help me fix it when he put his ram in it worked fine but than again i didn t check all of the areas that made it freeze I checked games and they didn t of Computer a areas game in certain freezes freeze in those areas so I thought hmm it works But unfortunately it still freezes in some parts of the game of which I never checked when I put my Computer freezes in certain areas of a game new one in that i just bought today it worked fine no freezing no nothing Now it just froze again Same spots I bought gb ram gaming ram its good ram In example when I play WoW it only freezes in night elf starting area and other places like Warsong Gulch and some random zones like hinterlands and in lil zone in swamp of sorrows only when I walk there I reinstalled wow I reinstalled OS I did everything It s a hardware problem It s also doing it to a game called FSX when I take off from Juliana airport it only does it ummmm Napolean total war it does it randomly that I see It doesn t overheat its cool when i check it I got a nice cpu fan that keeps it cool at around c I m sure it does it to other games that have incredible amount of D Action It Computer freezes in certain areas of a game doesn t do it to like my splinter cell games that i play its just wierd it freezes on specific games and i know theres more out there that if i played them they would freeze I also tried running the computer without the dvd drive in because when it freezes the dvd drive makes a sound like it shuts off but it still works fine after it makes the noise meaning i can open it while the computers frozen might be a power supply problem i dont think so I could really use some help no one can help me solve this mystery diagnosis Info x gb OCZ GT Nvidia AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Socket AM Windows BIT -Could it be the motherboard corrupting something like the ram graphics card -Could it be any type of hardware problem -Could it be a software problem -Could it be FIXED nbsp

A:Computer freezes in certain areas of a game

Did you put in first tier RAM or Value Select or other low cost RAM... are all memory modules matched?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-in-certain-areas-of-a-game.148073/
Relevancy 58.05%

I play a massive multi player game and when I type the command to leave the game server my screen turns darkish and my system locks or should I say freezes up, giving me no other option but to press and hold my power button. Please help me.

Also here is my Dxdiag info.

A:computer system freezes after leaving game

can you disconnect/turn off the game one part at a time?
It seems everything is trying to turn itself off at one time and is causing a system overload

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-system-freezes-after-leaving-game.126295/
Relevancy 58.05%

My computer :
Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHz
Ram 3.00 Gb Bus 800
VGA 256 MB nividia geoforce 7300GT
PSU : 500 W
Speed fan pic :

My computer freezes when i play ANY game (left4dead, pcsx2 emulator, other low requirement game). It freezes whenever it like and i can't do anything else, my computer doesn't auto restart either, the only thing i can do when freezing is click the restart button.
Anyone have the slightly clue about what may cause the problem? Does it have something to do with my VGA card because i just got it back from maintenance.

Relevancy 58.05%

Sup I made this account specifically for my computer problem Honestly my PC is the fastest reliable computer for the last two years or so Recently Like or so months ago whenever the PC is shut down and I try to turn it on it makes these beeping sounds and the screen stays black The beeping sound is normal beeps and one long beep at the end Btw I turn my computer on throughout the night since I download stuff etc This was Freezes/Reboots when game playing Computer a problem and I opened the cover and fiddled around with the things inside I noticed Computer Freezes/Reboots when playing game dust everywhere so i blew it out I reinserted things that could come out and some of the cylindrical things on the Motherboard were bent So I straightened them out Then I turned it on and it boots yay could play games for a while and kept my cover open Recently like weeks ago while playing a game called quot Sudden Attack quot I could play it for minutes fps was horrible compared to or two years ago and then the Computer Freezes/Reboots when playing game computer would freeze with no sound and movement Sometimes it would reboot itself and show the HP logo but never move on from there When I turn off my PC and try to reboot it there are the beeps again I have played other low end games on this computer like Starcraft and it works fine What I am asking for you guys is tell me the root of the beeping problem and how to fix that and the rebooting freezing thing Here is the complete layout of my system http h www hp com ewfrf wc prodinfoCategory lc en amp dlc amp cc us amp lang amp product nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-reboots-when-playing-game.758842/
Relevancy 58.05%

This is rediculous. I have a AMD 800 Athlon, 160 mb ram pc 133, Sound Blaster Live X-gamer and a Diamond Stealth III s540 Vid card. While I am playing either Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 or NFS5 Porcshe my computer will lock up or reboot. What could cause this? I played the game on my friends computer and it works just fine. Could it be the game controller? Pirahnna PC pad (piece of crap) or the video card? Please suggest anwers or opinions. Thanks!

Relevancy 58.05%

I saw a start game too or Computer I freezes when long Its on a trojan with avg but delted it I try to restart it and it freezes part way and if I turn off the main power that Computer freezes when Its on too long or I start a game seems to help it restart Here is my Hijack log Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm Computer freezes when Its on too long or I start a game exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Computer freezes when Its on too long or I start a game Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Windows System nvcplui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil d exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exe O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows s... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-when-its-on-too-long-or-i-start-a-game.683663/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently installed a AMD64 3400+ CPU onto a Chaintech S1689 socket 939 motherboard with 510mb of ddr400 pc3200 ram. However, when I try to join a game server in counterstrike source, the loading screen freezes just before I enter the game and my pc reboots. I have installed the latest drivers on the motherboard and graphics card, and the settings are nowhere near being too demanding of the card. I have the XFX Geforce 6600GT AGP in it. Any ideas?

A:Computer freezes when about to join game server

download and run memtest to detect any memory problems. does the system crash during other games/applications too? update your sound card drivers, if not done so already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-about-to-join-game-server.21942/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently built a new computer for gaming specs posted below but it freezes completely while I play any game Specifically Skyrim or Borderlands requiring a system restart by holding the power button I've tried everything I can think of All my drivers are up play I freezes when New reboot requiring game, any computer to date I've tweaked graphics settings both basic and advanced such as setting the affinity of the games to just cores as I have seen suggested online as well as adjusting the D New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot settings in the NVIDIA control panel I've run memtest and the memtest that is on the Windows disc Reformatted and reinstalled fresh Win System temps are well within limits There are other things I've tried that I can't think of at the moment but I've spent a week troubleshooting this problem with zero luck Both memtests came back clean by the way errors I have also run a chkdsk r will post the log if it will help any If anyone can help me solve this I would be so grateful System Specs Operating System Windows Home Premium bit Service Pack Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD Revision with BIOS version F CPU AMD FX- GHz Eight Cores Ram Corsair DDR MHz x Gb GPU ASUS GeForce GTX HDD Hitachi GB in partitions Windows on C HDD Seagate TB PSU SilverStone W

A:New computer freezes when I play any game, requiring reboot

Are you using the original fan that came with that chip. If so use HW Monitor to check the CPU temperature I think you will find its not cooling the chip enough.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-computer-freezes-when-i-play-any-game-requiring-reboot-679143.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Alright you guys this is going to be kinda long i need to explain the story here The Problem What s happening is this Whenever I try to play any game at all when i get into the main menu like the first menu in Warcraft or after i log in World of Warcraft and enter the world my computer makes a click And after that the fans start to a 'click' then to makes freezes Computer play i try a when game?? slow down but in like half a second it seems like Computer makes a 'click' then freezes when i try to play a game?? it catches itself and the fans speed up again but the screen is frozen Last time this happened it went to a blue screen and i had to restart What I ve Tried My friend suggested it could be my Audigy Sound Card because it was the last thing i had put into my computer So i took that out and uninstalled all the software and reinstalled the motherboard sound drivers and the problem dissapeared for about two weeks I ve updated my videocard drivers to the latest version I ve done a directx diag test everything passed I ve posted this in hardware beacuse i believe its a hardware problem But i have NO idea what the heck the root of the problem could be I would think it was my videocard but i just had the videocard s fan replaced and while it was in they did some benchmarks on it now that i think of it the problem didnt start until after the new fan was installed Could the videocard fan be causing such a huge problem I am in a world of pain here System Specs AMD Asus A N X Deluxe gb Kingston ram ATI Pro Catalyst If anyone has experienced anything like this please post your fix s or idea s ahhh thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer makes a 'click' then freezes when i try to play a game??

http://forums.techguy.org/t312697.html
Please dont double post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-makes-a-click-then-freezes-when-i-try-to-play-a-game.312699/
Relevancy 57.19%

Just build a new computer running windows 2000. runs fine with every application so far but as soon as i try and play a game like warcraft3, doom3 or unreal it freezes up in the menu screens. i cant even push control/alt/delete. i have all the latest drivers for the video card, all up dates for windows, flashed my bios with the latest updates. my cpu is running at around 40-45 degrees C.

system:
Asus P4S800 SiS Socket 478 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz / 1MB Cache / 800MHz FSB
Kingston Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR
Chaintech GeForce FX 5700 / 256MB DDR

If anyone has any ideas i whould really appreciate it

A:built new computer freezes with every game in menu screen

I would suggest you download memtest and run it. It is possible there is a memory problem. The link is below.

http://www.memtest86.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/built-new-computer-freezes-with-every-game-in-menu-screen.277204/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have no idea what any of this means someone please help MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Lain administrator on - - at Running from C Users Lain Downloads Microsoft Windows Pro X Model To be filled by O E M Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology just Computer or when game/browsing gaming... freezes/while a playing Co Ltd Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error Computer freezes/while playing a game/browsing or when just gaming... PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy Computer freezes/while playing a game/browsing or when just gaming... file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity call in the System Writer Object Details AddLegacyDriverFiles Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol System Error Access is denied Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-CAPI User Description Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity call in the System Writer Object Details AddLegacyDriverFiles Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol System Error Access is denied Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error AM Source Application Hang User Description The program SDUpdate exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel Process ID eec Start Time d f fb e be Termination Time Application Path C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdate exe Report Id d b d- ee- e -a - d c b db Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid System errors Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Sync Host babd service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Intel reg HD Graphics Control Panel Service service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description A timeout was reached milliseconds while waiting for the I... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624158/computer-freezeswhile-playing-a-gamebrowsing-or-when-just-gaming/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all My computer freezes or BSOD within within playing or BSOD Computer a minute freezes game! when a minute of gaming It only occurs in higher end game like Gears of war I tried warcraft and that doesnt happen It also freezes sometimes when i watch youtube video or uses window media player This is my Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Computer freezes or BSOD within a minute when playing game! Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running Computer freezes or BSOD within a minute when playing game! processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Computer freezes or BSOD within a minute when playing game! ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C WINDOWS system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http start drp su R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run GBB X Configure C WINDOWS system JMRaidTool exe boot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME... Read more

A:Computer freezes or BSOD within a minute when playing game!

Hiya Santacru,how much RAM installed,are latest display drivers installed,latest directx installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-or-bsod-within-a-minute-when-playing-game.942839/
Relevancy 57.19%

While I am playing a game it all runs good until couple minuets later or for some game and hour latter playing computer game freezes completly While a (window 7) it freezes the thing is the keyboard is frozen too however my mouse I While playing a game computer completly freezes (window 7) can move until I click a few times on anything and nothing causes it to freeze as well Only a reboot will cause it to unfreeze and the thing is i tries putting a fan on the side of my cpu blowing and it seem to help some but then it still freezes there is times the game itself has a weird graphic glitch it get all distorted I started have this problem when I installed a new graphic card and I have updated the drivers and the weird thing is every one is talking about messing about your d settings and there isn't one for me and the new update has made where I can look at the Radeon settings at use to have where I can go into advance settings but it says I need to install it but when I hit update it says I am on the newest update though it sais that even beffore I had this new update but at least I could go into advance settings thought that even it self didn't have d settings in them the video card is a Radeon R mother board z -d h Before I have updated to this video card It ran fine here is all the events please tell me if any of these needs fixing and how to do so as well or if these are the cause of them I am not very good understanding things when it comes to computer so try to dumb it down for me as much as possible lol Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN SANDISK amp PROD CRUZER PRO amp REV C C F amp Error PM Service Control Manager None The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load nwjkm z yxm bdr Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit None Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver ag efh m failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Event processing Audit events have been dropped by the transport Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver ag efh m failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to the following error xC D Critical PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Error PM EventLog None The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN SANDISK amp PROD CRUZER PRO amp REV C C F amp Error PM Service Control Manager None The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load nwjkm z yxm bdr Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit None Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver avpx eo failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Error PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to the following error xC D Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP The driver Driver avpx eo failed to load for the device PCI VEN A amp DEV amp SUBSYS AF CA amp REV amp d f df amp Warning PM Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig No... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603078/while-playing-a-game-computer-completly-freezes-window-7/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have just bought a new computer the hp m9340f elite its comes with 64 bit vista home premium After installing all my games i tried playing them all one by one the same thing keeps happening iv tried turning off UAC i have ran all the games under administrator, i have also ran the games under windows xp sp2 under propeties, the games i am trying to run are "AGE OF EMPIRES 3, Crysis, Battlefield 2, and counter-stike source," i have updated my graphic card drivers as well. The game seems to crash a few minutes into the game any Infomation anyone has that thinks is usefull please replay or feel free to email me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-up-completely-after-a-few-minutes-of-game-play-then-restarts.770754/
Relevancy 56.76%

So my computer recently started to do this: When I have a game going, after a while the computer will freeze for a couple of seconds, then the monitors turn black (i have two monitors) for a second and start again, but then the game hangs. I play games that are a bit demanding for example World of Warcraft.
What can be the problem here? Can it be that my CPU is too warm?
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong category.
I built my own computer, I believe the chassi is a Cooler Master big tower. AMD FX8120 8-core processor 3GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit Windows 7, ASUS HD7750 video card, M5A99FX pro R2.0, No optical drive (because I am going to replace it), a 931GB Harddrive, Fortron FSP600-50ARN Power supply 42A 504W on the +12V rail.

A:Computer freezes, monitors turn black for a sec, game hangs

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-monitors-turn-black-for-a-sec-game-hangs.1163162/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I when Game Loaded Graphics and or Goes Other Freezes Screen Blank Computer m sorry to join and immediately ask for help but I would be grateful if someone can spare some time to help me out if they can Anyway over the last days or so I ve started having some problems As soon as I open a game or other graphical software e g Google Earth Chess etc my computer instantly freezes and the screen becomes partly pixelated I have found nothing that can reverse this and I have to turn off the computer manually I have tried updating the drivers and a System Restore but this hasn t fixed the problem Here Computer Freezes and Screen Goes Blank when Game or Other Graphics Loaded is an image of what happens Uploaded with ImageShack us Here are my specifications OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc PP A CN T Some other information that may or may not be relevant - I did some temperature checks using GPU-Z but there was no change when I opened a game - My computer is almost years old but my video card was replaced last year when it failed The warranty is now over so I would obviously prefer not to have any parts replaced if I can avoid it Thanks -Ed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-screen-goes-blank-when-game-or-other-graphics-loaded.994957/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello ladies and gentlemen of TSG I ve been having a quite dodgy problem lately basically the computer freezes at random often shortly after the computer fully booted And the computer freezes EVERY time i start up a game like wow and whatnot So that sounds start freezes Solved: also i freezing a random, every time Computer at game. like a pretty common problem i guess Now the wierd part is that after installing motherboard drivers and graphics card drivers it would work pretty much perfect and i could play games and have multiple heavy programs running at once once i restarted the computer one time or a few times in one case it would simply refuse to launch these games and keep freezing at windows load or a bit later on I ve tried both vista bit and xp bit which im currently using The problem prevails on both OS So my not so qualified guess is that its a hardware problem As my old motherboard broke and it took RAM with it into the grave im currently running with only Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. GB ram Sure the cpu might get too much stress and just freeze the computer but that still doesent explain why the computer ran near flawlessly until i rebooted the pc had the computer on for about days and it worked fine until reboot This is some of the things i tried - System rollback - Uninstall graphics drivers and install older versions just plain reinstall of new one - Reinstalling motherboard drivers dunno if i even did that right but it seemed to fix the problem until i rebooted the pc - Installed new OS from vista to xp - Reinstalled the games - Banged my head furiously against a wall didnt help Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q SE Rev X x MT K Could it be that my motherboard somehow doesent support my Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game. graphics card or could it simply be related to my GB ram Could it be that i got SP Could a repair with the xp disc possibly resolve it Answers highly appreciated keep in mind im a total newbie at computers so i probably need some explanations nbsp

A:Solved: Computer freezing at random, also freezes every time i start a game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezing-at-random-also-freezes-every-time-i-start-a-game.955697/
Relevancy 55.9%

My computer freezes up on me whenever i watch movies in full screen or randomly during online game play. I'm more the sure my computer isn't overheating and I have the latest video drivers, so I dont know what to do. Here are some of my specs if you need more please let me know.

Operating system: Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme COU X9770 @ 3.2GHz 3.5 GHz
Memory (RAM): CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) PC3-10666 1333MHz 240-pin DDR3 CL9 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
Graphics Cards: Dual SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (note i have taken one out)
Sound: SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio
Power Supply: Tagan BZ series 1300 watts
Bios Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS Striker 2 Extreme ACPI BIOS Revision 0402, 2/25/2008

A:Computer Freezes during game play and watching videos full screen

good specs there, try de accellerating the dxdiag and running comp with it lowered, hit start type dxdiag,enter, and go through the tests

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-during-game-play-and-watching-videos-full-screen.926132/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just unpacked my custom build and got it turned Brand wireless? 7.. new no windows Brand computer, new on Brand new computer, Brand new windows 7.. no wireless? went to try and get the internet working and for the life of me i can't figure it out I don't even have a little wireless bar down in the right hand corner when i try to connect to a network in network and sharing center it wants me to plug in an ethernet cable But i want wireless Also in the side panel of Network and sharing center i don't even have the option for wireless i have Change adapter settings and Change advanced sharing settings I try to set up a new connection or network and Connect to the internet the only way it asks me to connect is by broadband PPPoE If i try set up a new network it asks me to choose the wireless router or access point i want to configure might take up to seconds for networks to appear but nothing pops up Anyone have any ideas

A:Brand new computer, Brand new windows 7.. no wireless?

In Device Manager, Network Adapters, is your wireless shown?

If yes, is the driver installed? If no, is it enabled in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/34965-brand-new-computer-brand-new-windows-7-no-wireless.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi i bought a HP Pavilion P SC around months ago and i have had problems with game lags since the day i bought it Intel Core i - processor GHz GB DDR RAM TB HD rpm NVIDIA GeForce GT med GB Gigabit LAN WLAN BGN -i- MCR VGA DVI HDMI Windows Home Premium -bit Same day as i lags. new PC problems got game Brand with bought it i downloaded League of Legends and i fellt the lags when i was playing then i installed Counter Strike and when i through a smoke granate and walk thrue the smoke it starts lagging Now i bought Battlefield bad company and that game lag as well Iv updated my grafic drivers but still it dosent help the computer is brand new and it has what it takes to handle these Brand new PC got problems with game lags. games not even my old computer that was years old had these problems with the games i play but this one has had these problems since the first day i bought it I also downloaded DirectX and adobe but still nothing changes I use HDMI cable for my monitor to get full HD tought that might cuse the lagz so i changed to normal cable but still the same the minotor Brand new PC got problems with game lags. is inches i dont know if the size can couse any lags But as you can see on my pc info it should be able to Brand new PC got problems with game lags. handle that as well I went to the store where i bought the pc but the guy that is good with games is on vacation another weeks so i have to wait for him to come back to check it couse they said if we send it to service and they dont find problems you will have to pay for the service so its better if i wait untill that guy comes back and cecks it out first before they send it on service but weeks without being able to play is alot since iv already had problems for months now so if anyone knows what the problem is and maybe also how to solve it please help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to install Spore and in the middle of the installation it gives me a CRC Error! I think it's either the CDROM Drive or a bad spot on the hardisk because other new games will install fine. No scratches on disk and a used CDROM?

HELP!! This is frustrating!
Thank you!

A:CRC Erorr message installing brand new Game

CRC is a mean of verifying the integrity of the data. The content of the data that's written on the drive is compared to a reference data. Could be an error on the CD, with the CD drive or on the hard drive but an overheating cpu or a failing ram stick can also cause read/write errors.

See if you can install the game on another computer to check whether it's the CD or your computer that's in cause. If it installs fine on another computer come back and report here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crc-erorr-message-installing-brand-new-game-319453.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone! I have just finished a new game. It's browser-based and probably worth a few minutes of your time since I've spent the past few years designing, programming, and updating it. I like to think that it is original but, as we all know, there's none of that under the sun.

Short description of the game:
Crime Factory is a browser-based role-playing game. You take control of a player and earn money in various legal and illegal ways while gaining fame and developing your skills.

Game address: http://playcrime.net?a=20

Please try it out and let me know, what you think about it. ​

A:Brand new browser-based game: Crime Factory

No comments?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-browser-based-game-crime-factory.741202/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a client who has a brand new PC running Windows XP and Trend 2006 as AV Software. The PC was purchased around August last year, and around November it started freezing up 3 to 4 times a day. When it does so, the power button has to be held down to restart, and the HDD light is light constantly. I intially tried a lot of different things, such as virus scans, hijack this, Anti Spyware etc etc. All of which found nothing. I eventually re-installed XP...PROBLEM FIXED!

Or so I thought, it is now roughly 3 months later, and exactly the same thing is happening. I have now ran some HDD tests and RAM tests which both showed nothing. I dont really want to rebuild again, as I think the same thing will happen again...

Anybody have any ideas??

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi my friend just bought a brand new computer and I dont really know all the specs but the thing is everything works fine untill they try to open up three or more web pages then everything locks up and they have to do the infamous ctrl+alt+del. We scaned for viruses and adaware/spyware but nothing came up so I dont know what the deal is, it only freezes when opening three or more web pages . Anyone have any clue cause I dont

A:Brand new comp freezes

My guess they are running out of memory and should upgrade the amount.

Also make sure they installed the latest Windows updates, which may fix the problem as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-comp-freezes.425563/
Relevancy 51.17%

I run Windows XP with P4 2.0 GHz and 256 of RAM, but when ever i play games online for a short time, my computer freezes. Also, when i play songs for say an hour or even less, the computer freezes. I don't know what is the problem. This happens at least twince in a day.

The other disgusting problem is that, at times, the computer goes off unceremonously whiles working. This also happens at least once in a day.

Buddies, i really need help to solve this problem.

A:My Computer Freezes when i play game online or play music

Sounds like a build up of heat, the most common cause of 'freezing' try running with the case side off and see if there is improvement, if there is you need to add more cooling, making sure your current fans are working properly and are clear of fluff and muck can improve cooling performance dramatically especially the CPU fan and heatsink.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-freezes-when-i-play-game-online-or-play-music-14185.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everybody First time poster here and old time tech nerd that has just been having a really bad few days I have a brand new system here that for some reason hangs after only a few minutes I can t even get the Freezes! System New Brand Argh!!! OS installed because the bloody thing just up and freezes on me Here s the system hardware info Motherboard ASUS A V X-X Socket A w Audio LAN via KT Chipset RAM MB DDR PC- Hard Drive WD JB GB rpm w MB cache CD-RW LG X CD-RW Video Card Radeon MB AGP Sound Card Onboard Sound Card I don t really know what else to add here other than I have already checked everything I can think of from a hardware POV I ve tried setting this up with minimal hardware settings etc My next step is to take the bloody thing back and actually Brand New System Freezes! Argh!!! have some computer store guy try and see what the problem is and that would just be a nasty blow to my ego So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Has anyone out there had the same weird freezing issues with either this processor or motherboard Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all just bought a brand new Samsung R I m having video issues Whenever I watch any streaming video or just a movie on my computer the audio and video freezes every now and then Each freeze last about - seconds Video on freezes laptop new brand but it happens often The only video changes I ve made to my Video freezes on brand new laptop laptap was that i downloaded the Divx package Codec player et al right away I m pretty sure I have the most up to date drivers Can anyone think of anything i can do really need my video back Below is some stuff from system info that might be relevant Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DANIEL-PC System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD System Model R R R System Type x -based PC Processor Intel reg Core i CPU M GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies Ltd JV M hkk SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Canada Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Daniel-PC Daniel Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Audio Codecs CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date c windows system msg acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSG ACM KB bytes PM c windows system imaadp acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system IMAADP ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msgsm acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSGSM ACM KB bytes PM c windows system msadp acm Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSADP ACM KB bytes PM c windows system l codeca acm Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer- Codec OK C Windows system L CODECA ACM KB bytes PM Video Codecs CODEC Manufacturer Description Status File Version Size Creation Date c windows system msrle dll Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSRLE DLL KB bytes PM c windows system msvidc dll Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSVIDC DLL KB bytes PM c windows system msyuv dll Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system MSYUV DLL KB bytes PM c windows system iyuv dll Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system IYUV DLL KB bytes PM c windows system tsbyuv dll Microsoft Corporation OK C Windows system TSBYUV DLL KB bytes PM Display Item Value Name Intel reg HD Graphics PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C A D amp REV amp amp amp Adapter Type Intel reg HD Graphics Core i Intel Corporation compatible Adapter Description Intel reg HD Graphics Adapter RAM GB bytes Installed Drivers igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver Version INF File oem inf iILKM section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xF - xF FFFFF Memory Address xE - xFEAFFFFF I O Port x - x IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers igdkmd sys MB bytes PM thanks

A:Video freezes on brand new laptop

So i uninstaled Divx but that didn't do anything, but i discovered that this is actually only happening when the laptop is on battery power. Under power options --> intel graphic power plan, i selected "On battery: maximum performance" but that didn't solve anything. can anyone think of other ways to fix this issue?

thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382034/video-freezes-on-brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 51.17%

My specs built hours ago Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU AMD FX- Vishera nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A R Socket Graphics SyncMaster x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Sapphire PCPartner Storage GB KINGSTON SV S A G SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD EZEX- M NA SATA My problem Whenever I run something strenuous on my computer it freezes up Ctrl Alt Del doesn't respond mouse cursor doesn't move and I can't even turn on off my keyboard's LEDs First I was converting videos and surfing the internet at the same time and it froze It seemed like an anomaly at first so I just did a hard reset and continued with what I was doing and then it froze again Seeing it happen a second time caused me to download a Brand but new when freezes strained build, stress tester Prime was the one I used and I did a test on the RAM It froze up after a minute of stress testing When my build restarted I ran my check hardware program Speccy to check the RAM The above Tech Specs are the copy paste of what the program told me You can see the frequency in underlined bold The RAM is advertised for MHz My theory was that I had to manually up the RAM speed in Bios which I tried I selected MHz and saved reset the computer After giving me the ASUS screen it only displayed a black screen instead of the usual log in form After the next reset I reverted the RAM speed Brand new build, but freezes when strained and then booting was back to normal but I'm still at risk for freezing Question Is my RAM the reason why I'm freezing or is it something else that my new build has a flaw in Ask me any follow up question for more info Thank you for the help

A:Brand new build, but freezes when strained

You never mentioned PSU, that processor draws a lot of power (200W +) specially in turbo mode, R9 200 series, if it's 280, it draws a lot of power too, Next thing would be CPU temperatures, it's a HOT CPU, it deserves good water cooling for any practical purpose. As far as ram goes, 936 *2= 1872 so it's actually 1886 MHz memory, 2133 MHz would be overclocking and needs higher voltage than on standard frequency.
I would start with minimum manual settings for everything, no auto boost or power savings in BIOS, do some tests and than up components one by one by few MHz and keep tabs on temperatures and voltages.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57058-brand-new-build-but-freezes-when-strained.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I purchased a new laptop yesterday and a couple of hours after i set it up it started to constantly freeze and programs will stop responding. Windows 8 is fully up to date.

Specs:
Asus VivoBook F550LD-CJ321H Laptop
Core i7 4500u
8gb ram
NVIDIA geforce 820m 2gb
1tb hdd

A:Windows 8.1 Constantly freezes on a brand new laptop.

windows 8 is up to date but is all of the hardware running up to date drivers. and the bios up to date ,check manufacturer website to make sure ,or take it back to retalor and have them fix it ,you usually have 30 days to do so ,before having to send back to manufacture

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51201-windows-8-1-constantly-freezes-brand-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I have just purchased a new Toshiba Satellite C850, everything is working perfectly however, there is one thing which gets annoying...

The pointer keeps freezing once I start using it, i.e. I can click to open an app and the cursor will freeze for a few seconds before allowing me to use it. Or, once I touch the touchpad to move the cursor it wont move for a few seconds before it allows me to continue.

Even while I'm typing, I try to move to an area to select but the cursor wont move for about a second. It does this every time.

Does anyone know why this could be happening and how it can be fixed?

Thank you

A:Pointer freezes on brand new Satellite C850

Have you noticed heavy HDD activity when this happen (HDD LED is blinking)?
Maybe some activity in the background slows down notebook?s performance.

It can be Windows updates installation or something similar.
Do you use original Antivirus application that you got with your notebook or some other favourite application?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71141-Pointer-freezes-on-brand-new-Satellite-C850
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys, for christmas I got a new motherboard and quad-core cpu to match. It worked great for about a day but now it will freeze and loop the last sound played extremely often and I have no idea what the problem is. It dosn't matter what im doing, weather it be playing a high graphics rpg or simply browsing the web. Everything locks up. It will even freeze before the OS has loaded. (problem at bios level?) I know its not a temperature problem because the pc never is: A on for very long before it happens, B hot when it happens, and my alarm never goes off. When i got the system i did a fresh install of windows 7. Can any one tell me wahts going on?

AMD Athlon II X4 2.81Ghz
Gigabyte M68MT-D3 Motherboard (w/ F2 Bios)
2Gb of ram
32-bit Windows 7 1920x1080
Nvidia 8800GT

A:Brand New System Freezes Randomly but Consistantly...

ZZy said:

When i got the system i did a fresh install of windows 7. Can any one tell me wahts going on?TClick to expand...

After completing the fresh install, did you make sure to update drivers for all your components? Your system sounds built, so I would recommend going into the device manager and looking at your components to make sure all drivers are up to date. I would also do google searches on driver updates for your components, even if the properties tab shows the driver to be the most recent.

Check your sound drivers especially, since you seem to have a sound issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-system-freezes-randomly-but-consistantly.972876/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am a former tech-specialist A certified and the whole yards - I buy a new laptop every - years nbsp HP's used to have a bad rep for the way they were assembled and that they ran hot Things changed or so I thought My ASUS screen died recently and I had to buy something fast nbsp Was looking for the fasted computer w the biggest hard-drive for under dollars Got this computer- did NOT want a tablet w a keyboard swiping creates a dirty screen and I do a lot of work w photos nbsp This machine constantly freezes and says - even though FREEZES!! Notebook AND PC Pavilion NEW 15-n211dx HP BRAND it has gigs free - that it BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC is using of the hard drive - I've uninstalled a lot of the crap that comes with it and even changed to a lesser version of my own antivirus to try to give it more energy This computer is a piece of crap I am about to launch a review-a-thon and post reviews whereever I can warning people NOT TO BUY Oh and I checked with the place I bought it four weeks later and they are no longer selling it nbsp READ REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING nbsp Don't rely on specs rely on users who have come before you

A:BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC

Hello jjoakim,Welcome to the HP Forums!I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. Luckily, with your notebook being so new, it is probably still covered under warranty. If there are hardware issues, your manufacturer's warranty should cover any required servicing.The specs show that you should have received a 750GB hard drive. Can you confirm this? I have included the document 'How To Access Disk Management in Windows 8 & 8.1'. As the drive is most likely partitioned, you will want to use Disk Management to assess the full size.Do you get the error message regarding the hard drive is completely full, while you are working with your photos? The reason that I do ask, is it does sound like an out of control swap file could cause this error.If there is a problem with the hard drive, use this method 'Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS' to test your hard drive. If for some reason it does come back with a failure, please let me know the exact failure code.I have also included a few standard troubleshooting documents for you to go through, to ensure all the basics have been done.'Computer Locks Up or Freezes in Windows 8''Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 8)''Windows 8 keeps slows down to 100% disk usage and hangs.'.Looking forward to working with you.

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BRAND-NEW-AND-FREEZES-HP-Pavilion-15-n211dx-Notebook-PC/td-p/3718730
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I've just assembled my first build and after having many difficulties getting it to even boot Brand-new at freezes build; loading screen... XP it's finally booted but now Windows XP doesn't quite seem ready to see me through completion Initially the Windows installation would continuously stop in the middle of copying the files giving me blue screens with error messages such as quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I removed two out of my four RAM modules and the copying seemed to finish just fine The system automatically rebooted but now it locks right at the Windows XP loading screen right after the third time the little Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen... blue dots run across the bar underneath the XP logo I am utterly Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen... stumped I have read through threads with similar problems and some have mentioned that driver conflicts could cause the locking problem however since I'm unable to get past the loading screen I'm unaware of any way I could diagnose or fix a driver problem My system's components are as follows Motherboard Soyo SY-P PE Plus Dragon v Processor Intel E GHz HT RAM Kingston DRR SDRAM currently two MB modules in place Optical drive plain ol' DVD x drive Video Radeon X Pro MB HD GB S-ATA OS Windows XP Home w SP OEM version Standard keyboard and mouse are in PS slots there is nothing in any USB port I suspect the problem may lay with a particular BIOS setting or two but I have no clue To install Windows I had to alter the BIOS slightly so that the system would boot from the CD first after the files finished copying I've since tried having it boot from the HD first but with no luck It keeps locking up at the exact same place I'm at my wit's end with the darned thing and I'm about to take it over to a technician and throw myself at his or her feet But before I go blow a hundred bucks on a tech if any of you have any ideas or suggestions I'd be much obliged -

A:Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen...

Hi TBear,
A few things:

Did you install the Sata Drivers when you installed WinXP?

Check your RAM sticks try them in slots A1 & B1 or even just one in A1 then you can install the others once Windows is installed.

Clear your CMOS, set your bios to default and set your boot device to either CD or Hard Drive, see if it works or try to re-install WinXP.

Don't give up, I had a little hard time setting up mine... Suddenly, WinXP just installed very smoothly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/brand-new-build-xp-freezes-at-loading-screen-38362.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Everyone I've bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad T s laptop which I am generally very happy with except for two issues As I was upgrading from Win to Win and installing software out of curiosity I ran sfc scannow and it can back as corrupt and not able to repair I then repeated three times with restarts still no joy I sent it back to be looked at Lenovo returned it stating that it now passed all tests However when I run sfc scannow it still brings up the same result Having said that it appears to run just fine except for When it comes out of stand-by the track-pad pointer freezes I then have to use the Tab key to navigate to the Reboot thingy on the Start page I have discovered that if I use the power button to put the laptop new repair cannot & sfc freezes - trackpad brand ThinkPad into sleep mode again and leave it for minutes when sfc cannot repair & trackpad freezes - brand new ThinkPad it comes out again I can then use the trackpad as normal Hibernate is disabled I put it to sleep and re-awaken by pressing the Power button Before I return it to Lenovo I would like to better understand what is going on here The second point is probably a driver issue the first point is more concerning Many thanks for any and all pointers Chig

A:sfc cannot repair & trackpad freezes - brand new ThinkPad

Please perform another sfc/scannow command in admin command prompt, reboot and try it again.
After you have rebooted and tried it again, please upload the cbs.log file found in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS (where C is the letter of the windows partition, if you use another letter please use that letter)

If the cbs.log file is too large, please use a 3rd party uploader.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70202-sfc-cannot-repair-trackpad-freezes-brand-new-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, I bought a dell inspiron 15 3000 series on 10/5/15 with the following specs:
1tb hard disk
8gb ram
i7 5500
NVidia geforce 840M

I bought the laptop online from Media Markt in Athens of Greece but I switched it on in Cyprus.
The laptop freezes 2-3 times per day for reason I cannot define. I took it in your representative in Limassol of Cyprus and found no problem. If a usb is plugged for much time, it crashes (not shutting down totally, instead the screen is black, fan is operating so i must hold the power button to shut down). i installed and updated all drivers from dell's site but the problem continues. The operating system is windows 8.1. Please reply.  

A:brand new dell inspiron 3543 freezes

Hi stelios.2,Please run diagnostics http://dell.to/1IkH1HP and reply with your findings. Let us know how it goes. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19638704
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone I am at a complete loss of what to do now I just purchased a new build listed below and cannot figure out why I am getting BSOD, random anytime build, freezes, no new happens Brand random hard freezes There is no blue screen of death just hard freeze required restart I get Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime about - a day GIGABYTE GA-H MA-D V LGA Intel H SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Seagate Barracuda ST DM GB RPM Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive G SKILL Value Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply XFX AMD Radeon HD M GB DDR DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E Video Card HD AZHFC I am running low on time as my one month for newegg returns runs out soon I lost a week having to RMA the hard disk already as the first one that came was DOA I have performed furmark for minutes no failure Memtest overnight no failure Seagate tools passed test didnt do thorough long test Prime CPU small FFT for hours no problem Prime CPU blend for hours no problem I have tried reinstalling windows and I have updated the BIOS I do not know what to do now any tips would be great

A:Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230844-brand-new-build-random-freezes-no-bsod-happens-anytime.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone It seems I have the worst luck with 2-3 of Brand Win2k. minutes after Freezes use! clean install new Windows these days but here is my problem I have made two clean installs of Windows Professional Brand new clean install Win2k. Freezes after 2-3 minutes of use! today trying to figure out a problem It Brand new clean install Win2k. Freezes after 2-3 minutes of use! all started with my first install It was Brand new clean install Win2k. Freezes after 2-3 minutes of use! behaving funny freezing on startup after desktop icons loaded every other reboot or so I put the latest Via chipset drivers on there and nVidia video drivers to get out of color mode and then the freezing upon boot seemed to stop I had already made the mistake of installing a few applications such as Firefox and Atomic Clock Sync etc Not only did it crash on boot every other boot or so it would always freeze - minutes after starting a VNC session using RealVNC I tried troubleshooting those problems all evening and I thought I would just start clean in case something happened along the way So an hour or so ago I started the install process again It went fine and didn t have any problems I installed a firewall first just to be sure I didn t get the new install infected in any way I went to download the nVidia drivers so I could actually see things in a decent resolution and color quality That went fine as well I installed RealVNC and tried it from another machine Speed was nice and fast but just like before it freezes the whole computer after - minutes and I have to do a hard reset Same result with UltraVNC I m afraid I posted this in the Windows forum because I ve checked out various aspects of the system I ve done several memory tests over the course of the evening all of which were successful on many passes with errors Also when running Knoppix things were just fine with no problems Is something somehow messed up in Windows I m not sure where to go from here Thanks very much -Mark nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I bought this netbook on black friday and had done a ton of reviews on it and everyone gave it stars I got it at BestBuy and they had said that they opened it from the manufacturer and freezes reboot Netbook restart when can only manual Brand-new idle, with uninstalled all the trial software and installed an Anti-virus program Aside from that all I ve installed software-wise is Skype I have no issue with the computer if I am actively surfing or working on a document But if I pull up a web page that has a lot of text and I m reading it for a while or if I walk away from it and leave it it freezes after only a few minutes Also I can t close the laptop while it Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart s on otherwise Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart when I open it again it will show me the screen quot User Name application running quot but when I click it it doesn t do anything I have run all the spyware checks and anti-virus and it s clean I have also changed the power options so that it doesn t hibernate and shut of screen savers This hasn t helped It really is a great little computer otherwise and I d like to fix it rather than take it back for a refund Does anyone have any ideas I really don t think it s a heat issue since it sometimes only happens after minutes and it isn t hot at all Could it be the ram I can t reboot Windows in it since I don t have a portable USB Optical drive and the netbook itself has no CD-ROM Here are the stats OS Windows XP service pack Model Compaq Mini - DX Intel Atom N quot LED GB DDR GB HD Built-in HP webcam b g nbsp

A:Brand-new Netbook freezes when idle, can only reboot with manual restart

Talk to the manufacturer. Get it fixed while still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-netbook-freezes-when-idle-can-only-reboot-with-manual-restart.139457/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a brand new laptop (2 weeks old) that randomly freezes for as long as a minute in which nothing works. I have 8gb of ram and a 4th gen Intel processor so I can't imagine why this would happen. At first I was afraid of malware/spyware and was helped out on another forum in which it was determined my machine should be clean. They have directed me here now. The computer is virtually empty. I haven't transferred any of my old files from my previous pc over. 

The freezing happens randomly, generally while online. Chrome will indicate that it's waiting for the cache.It is not however specific to Chrome, happens with firefox and IE too. Sometimes I will be in Microsoft Word and it will freeze. We did hard disk checks and everything showed fine. 

Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

A:Brand New Laptop Randomly Freezes Task Manager Shows Disk Usage At 100%

That sounds very much like a heat problem.
Are all of the vents clear so that airflow isn't obstructed in any way? Can you hear the fan running when you turn the computer on?
Try installing this one and post the results
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540719/brand-new-laptop-randomly-freezes-task-manager-shows-disk-usage-at-100/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I am new on this forum and I hope someone can help me out.

Every time I play a game at start it runs great.. then after 15-20 minutes everything gets slower and slower, I mean really slow. Movement and sounds are going slower and slower when time progresses. I have updated my sound drivers, updated my DirectX. It's like something eats up my ram or my soundcard is causing it. And when everything gets slow I quit the game and windows is then also very very slow. And sometimes my soundcard crashes, giving a loud beep sound. It's driving me NUTS.

Got an amd athlon 1,2 ghz, 512 ram, 40gigUDMA HD, MSI K7T motherboard, asus 7100pro geforce 2 32mb ram videocard, Creative SB Live! value soundcard running on windows ME (updated version installed over w98SE).

A:After 20 minutes playing a game game stutters and computer get very very SLOOOOW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-20-minutes-playing-a-game-game-stutters-and-computer-get-very-very-sloooow.57031/
Relevancy 46.87%

About - months ago my uncle placed a GeForce GT video card It worked nice for when playing any game(besides browser crashes Computer game) games like Dekaron Rappelz Oblivion but just about a week ago it crashed on COD I thought it was normal but it happened on Left dead too I started to get worried and thought it was normal but then it kept on crashing Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) on Portal st stage at around - seconds on the timer and almost Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) any game i borrow from my friends It crashed on Warcraft Overlord Drift City only in Undercity Mission Im kinda worried now maybe you guys can help me It crashes and sometimes the sound loops but sometimes it doesnt Im not sure if it s only the monitor because some of my games cant be shut by using ALT F and i cant check if it shuts down well When i unplug plug and turn it on there are no warnings or things that say it recovered from an error It just starts normally Some people say i have to upgrade my Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) Video card driver but im worried because when i installed a driver on my Laptop i couldnt turn it on SO WHAT DO I DO Specs Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz G of Ram Nvidia Geforce GT nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

im playing NBA k then it freezes then all of a sudden it happens often then the only way i can have my system works again is by restarting the whole pc then i will receive the quot youre system has recovered from a serious quot error message dont know what caused this problem but my pc is running other games ok hoping help from you guys freezes Game d'z help this is the error code im getting C DOCUMENTS GAARA LOCALS TEMP WER A dir mini - dmp C DOCUMENTS GAARA LOCALS TEMP WER A dir sysdata xml these are my systems specs AMD quad core ATHLON II G x Inno d gt gb ASUS m a lt-m LE gb of ram ddr mhz gb hard disk PSU exhaust amp cpu fans windows xp sp norton internet security malwarebytes so far these are the steps that i have perform w c i felt invain disk clean up run help d'z Game freezes full scan both malwarebytes and norton defrag disk update video card drivers pc works okay with other games planning to uninstall or reinstall the games just not quite sure if the error message has something to do help d'z Game freezes with the game or dont know if help d'z Game freezes reformating the o s would help please help nbsp

A:help d'z Game freezes

what OS u on? and unless you know what ur doing I HIGHLY advise you dont mess with the operating system. Reinstalling should be fine and will probably fix the problem as it looks like your other games can run so there is no problem with running games in general. You could check to make sure your CPU and Video card meet the minimum requirements for the game. They may be on the edge of working for the game and can only run it for a bit before crashing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dz-game-freezes.970697/
Relevancy 46.44%

had a year old system worked like a charm i decided to upgrade some bits here would u see that game cause can freezes a anything and there so i bought a ati xt when i recived it i found out that a pci-e slot was needed so i ordered a new mortheboard installed that found i needed a can u see anything that would cause a game freezes pci-e power supply got one installed it the thing went fine in windows xp and farcry but the thing freezes within - mins of all other gamesand very rarely in xp so i read through every related forum for the past month to no avail heres a list of things ive done pci-e compatable psu still happens brand new good ones ran hairdryer on cold over everybit have fitted new fans have in total in out on psu updated all drivers bought a xfi music soundcard getting another new mobo days could anyone whou knows see if the parts may be conflicting please gigabyte ga-k ne win xp home amd semperon socket ati x xt xfi music soundblaster x crucial pin unbuff dimm ddr pc swapped around tested them use an lg quot tv as my monitor maxtor diamond max gig tescorp cdr rw tescorp dvdr rw the temps are cpu idle max mobo idle- max there is a third temp says c si sandra said it was psu changed that today still c never goes above c so i think it might be other part of mobo getting a new one tuesday to see im going out of my mind here any help would be fantastic thank you nbsp

A:can u see anything that would cause a game freezes

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Whatever I say it`s only going be a guess.

Usually freezing is either caused by overheating/psu/videocard, but I guess it could be your mobo.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. See if it helps any.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-u-see-anything-that-would-cause-a-game-freezes.46905/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for solutions these past days and i seem to have hit a brick wall...

I bought a new GPU: MSI GTX 970 4g because my old EVGA 550TI wasnt up to the task any more.

I played some overwatch and witcher 3 for one night. The next day every GPU demanding game freezes... I can open task manager and close the windows from there.. so the rest of my system keeps running...?

No BSOD or anything. It just freezes.

Please help me fix my set up!

Here is my Speccy Snapshot http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uLV3IgDMGaExykVsqA3rWCu

Iv'e attached the .txt with the results of MiniToolBox

A:Help!! New GPU Every Game Freezes

Please wait for the system to freeze when playing a game.Then recover enough to run these 2 sets of reports (as soon as you can): 1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617316/help-new-gpu-every-game-freezes/
Relevancy 46.44%

I seem to have a little problem with my computer which is only a couple of weeks old. Everytime when I play a game (any game) my PC freezes when I end the game I'm playing, and everytime I need to re-boot after waiting for several minutes. What could be my problem? Any help is very welcome .

Here are my system specs:

Motherboard: MSI K8N NEO 4-F.

Processor: Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual Core.

Videocard: XFX Geforce 7950 GX2 1GB.

RAM: 4 GB of DDR400 Ram.

Power Supply: 600 Watt.

Ludo62

A:PC Freezes After Every Game

It sounds like thermal problems, especially if you have to wait several minutes before it'll restart.
One thing to try that will help point to a software or hardware resolution is to turn off all unnecessary functions, then play your game. Which OS are you running? There are different methods for turning off unnecessary programs.
CCleaner is a free utility that gives you an easy way to turn stuff off. Once you've downloaded CCleaner, go to "Tools" > "Startup" and turn off unnecessary programs. What's unnecessary? That's a tougher question, one you'll have to research, or copy>paste the whole list into a post and see what sort of feedback you get. Your PC may be wading thru dozens of programs that are running in the background. Although generally too many programs running will result in games stuttering, not the PC crashing.
Do you have a Dell? If so, you're out of luck. If not, d/l & install SensorsView, Everest, or Speedfan, then find out what your temps are. Let us see what you've got.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-after-every-game.500796/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a pair of game freezes cause Can ?? RAM sticks of OCZ ram running in dual Can RAM cause game freezes ?? channel The stock setting s are - - - but I Can RAM cause game freezes ?? have set it to - - - and it boots with no errors and seems to run normal I noticed tonight playing COD via LAN that part way into the game maybe mins I would freeze up It s running in DX mode Now honestly I don t recall if I changed my ram settings since last run or not I had this before but running an outside fan on my vid card pootched chip fan fixed that I am curious if it can boot the PC and run pretty much evertything okay but still cause a game freeze or am I looking at something else as the culprit The rest of my machine is AMD Gigabyte GA-K nsc- and an ATI pro I guess I am looking to see if this is my problem or what it can actaully cause Like I said the PC will boot with no errors with the settings a the lowest - - - Thanks nbsp

A:Can RAM cause game freezes ??

yes ram can cuse freezing in games, you need to run memetest 86 for atlest 5 passes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-ram-cause-game-freezes.42983/
Relevancy 46.44%

I use another computer for games, it has 2.8GB hd, 446 (I think) RAM, and a lot of free space. I don't know about graphics cards, and others suggest that may be it.

How can I check what's the graphics card, and generally how can I stop the game from freezing up? It does so randomly and often, and I have to restart. I tried reducing hardware speed and resolution but that only makes it look crappy and doesn't help at all. Also my monitor's on 60hz.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh btw the game's Age of Empires III.

Relevancy 46.44%

hey guys ,

haha im back again lol , but this time it should be a heck of a lot easyier , ok , we temperaliry have 98 on , and when we had xp on Delta Force Black Hawk Down ran fine, but on 98 it freezes , but thankfully none of my other games do like i had a very big problem in that last post lol , so , get back to me as soon as you can

Relevancy 46.44%

How r ya?

I have just started playing Act of War direct action today and it runs fine for a while and then freezes in random places .

So what causes games to freeze? This requires me to turn the computer off then back on.

I have a feeling this is a fault of my DVD drive, has anyone else had DVD drive issues with games or am I alone?

My spec :

64 3200
1gb pc3200
6600gt
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra
DVD writer drive
525W Hiper 24 pin psu
All my other games run sweet, but in the past I have had a few probs with DVD versions of games on this drive.

Could it be as simple as that?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi evry 1 Im new here and I was wondering if you guys could help me.
I seem to be having similar problems as mr.chowder. my drivers are up to date I got direct x 9.0c and almost everything

My problem is, every time I play a game (any game) it freezes after about 10 minutes of game play. Also my computer shuts off at random times when i'm not even playing a game.
In my bios menu it reads my vcore is set too high, put on automatic. problem is it's already on automatic

I have a radeon 9700pro with updated drivers
768 mb of memory
p4 2.53 processor
windows xp home edition service pack2

model- dr-300atx power supply by deer.
im not sure but im thinkin its 300w cause of the model type. also on the supply it reads EXACTLY " total power 160W"

plz help

A:Game freezes. what do I do

Exactly what ram have you got and what speed it it all???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-what-do-i-do.61186/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've been having an issue with games lately it didn't happen before...So i went to the HP Chat..I updated BIOS...Re-Installed Video Drivers...and still my problem persists. My problem is that when i play games lets say about 5 minutes or so my computer goes into a black screen and it FREEZES. When i have to hold the power button down to turn it off...

Here are my computer Specs.

HP Pavilion dv6 notebook PC

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.20GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 6.00 GB (5.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I have Windows 7. Please help me with this issue. Thanks in Advance.

A:Game Freezes

This is a tricky problem to diagnose.

First - the possibility of a faulty graphics card. Run the following test for however long it normally takes for the computer to freeze and see if it does it.

Quote:

FurMark - Instructions:

Download from here: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test

Also, faulty RAM could cause it too - run a memtest

Quote:

Memtest86+ - Instructions:

Download the ISO (or the .exe for USB drives) from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Then (if you have chosen the ISO) burn the ISO using IsoRecorder: ISO Recorder v3 Download (How to use IsoRecorder)

Boot from the CD/USB and run the test (at least 7 passes)

If both of those do not show any problems - then follow these instructions as we will need more info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/game-freezes-513070.html
Relevancy 46.44%

RECENTLY UPGARDED VIDEO CARD TO GEFORCE4X 440 AND 448MB OF RAM, AND HAVE ALL THE LATEST DRIVERS AND UP TO DATE DIRECTX. HOWEVER SINCE THE UPDATE I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY ANY GAMES INCLUDING MEDEIVIL TOTAL WAR AND COUNTERSTRIKE, HOWEVER AGE OF EMPIRES STILL PLAYS WITH NO PROBS. THE GAMES EITHER DONT PLAY, FREEZE OR THE BLUE WINDOWS ERROR PAGE APPEARS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS COMON WITH TOTAL WAR GAMES BUT NOT COUNTERSTRIKE. I TRIED TO CHANGE THE AGP APERTURE SIZE (WHICH I'VE BEEN TOLD IS A POSSIBLE CURE) BUT MY BIOS DOES NOT HAVE ANY SETTINGS TO DO SO AND COMPAQ ADV ME THAT IT CANT BE DONE. I HAVE A COMPAQ PRESARIO 5000 WITH A VIA CHIPSET MOBO RUNNING WINDOWS98SE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT BECAUSE I'M AT AND END HERE!!

MANY THANKS

Relevancy 46.44%

new at this and trying to play Ages of Empires 3 and game freezes up stating that the computer gaming card or what ever may not support it yet its a new computer HP Pavilion a1125c Media Center PC but cant seem to find out where the "video card or gaming card" is or how much it has in it they told us it was strong enough to play all games but still we dont know we are computer retards so anyone? can you help us figure it out

A:game freezes

This may be an issue. Since those Pavilions use integrated video, if your system only came with 512MB of ram and you are trying to use 128mb Video mode, then you will have insufficient memory. If you are only using 64 mb mode on your video card, then the game may not play properly. If you are completely unsure about what I am saying, please give me a moment as one of the easiest programs I use to help people was just discontinued a week or so ago :-/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-freezes.429149/
Relevancy 46.01%

Did a fresh install of Windows 7 RC (ultimate) 64-bit. I updated my
VGA drivers, and I think I updated my sound drivers as well.

However I keep on getting computer freezes when I run world of warcraft.

These freezes are random, and usually occur during 1hr - 2hrs of gameplay.

Is it possible it's windows 7 related, or do i need to update all my drivers?

I'm running an Asus G1s-X1 model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/game-freezes-drivers-401284.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have age of empires 2 with the expansion, but when the game loads it goes to the main menu and i am able to start a new game but when a new game loads the game freezes with a black screen and microsoft ask me to send a error report, which is has not resolve any thing. I'me using Windows XP Professsional

A:Game freezes during load

A file may have become corrupt somehow, I would first try doing a complete reinstall of the game, and then applying any patches which may be available for the expansion that you have.

If that doesn't work post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-freezes-during-load.705452/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Alot of my games keep freezing then crashing The game freezes then the monitor turns off with the power light flashing leaving me to have to reboot Once back in windows i get a microsoft error and that error is Problem caused by computer hardware This problem was caused by an crashes. game and freezes unrecoverable hardware error that caused the operating system to stop functioning Troubleshooting -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you have received this error more than once it could indicate a serious problem with your computer We recommend that you do the following Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of a complete hardware failure Contact the original manufacturer of your computer to determine the specific component which is failing Additional technical information Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component It is likely that the problem is being caused by one of the following computer components Random Access Memory RAM System board Central Processing Unit CPU Power supply Do i have a game freezes and crashes. hardware problem What next Thanks nbsp

A:game freezes and crashes.

could be something overheating, with the monitor going off aswell, sounds like the graphics card... do u have enough ventilation around your desktop? sounds silly but needs to get air to it...

can u give me your specs please....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-freezes-and-crashes.654261/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello who evers reading this,
My question is.
Every time i play a game online/offline my games keep freezing and i will have to press the restart button on my computer, it does get very anoying and i was just wondering if any one would know how to help me
Big thanks for reading this and a even Bigger thanks if you know what my problem is
thanks alot, Aaron

Relevancy 46.01%

i was playing a hunting game i had just downloaded yesterday, and when i play it i get this little freeze, does anybody know what this is? and how i can fix this? thanks.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have pogo's Mahjong Garden to go and it freezes up. I check my java and it seems to be fine, this game played very well on my old windows 98 computer but not on this laptop with windows xp home version.

A:my pogo game freezes

Hiya and welcome

Are you still having this problem? If so, this is all that the support offers:

http://eapogo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eapogo.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14313

However, have you checked if you have the latest Java:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pogo-game-freezes.651082/
Relevancy 46.01%

downloaded Mount and Blade, installed, started and get a popup saying I only have 475 mb of memory and the game needs 700mb to run. click okay and then goes to game menu screen, click start and it freezes. Any ideas?

vista64prem
asus m3a mother
amd 6400+
4 gig ram
4870 x2

A:Game freezes, memory low

Don't know why but solved it. Changed my page file to auto and run the game in a window. Now no problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/181477-game-freezes-memory-low.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I bought GIANTS CITIZAN KABUTO and every time I try to start it ,It loads the game and then it freezes What can I do to correct this problem?

Relevancy 46.01%

If I want to play any game it will occasionally freeze after slowing down also watching films it does the same and even listening to music on any player it will slow down to a crawl but usually pick up if you wiggle the mouse about I have enclosed quot HiJack This quot info if it is of any help I have brought this problem up on many forums and have never had any luck so time to try the experts All help is much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass XP when freezes any playing Pro game exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C XP Pro freezes when playing any game WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files CPUCooL CooLSrv exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files DriveCrypt DcrServ exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus InoRT exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust XP Pro freezes when playing any game EZ Antivirus InoTask exe C Program Files Conversions Plus FORMATM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache OOCCSVC exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS System MMTray k exe C WINDOWS System MMTrayLSI exe C Program Files eMule online exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files MSI Live Update LMonitor exe C WINDOWS System rmctrl exe C WINDOWS system wcdvtray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA CLEANS csta exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files email protected email protected C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Registry Defragmentation RegDfrgSch exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files SnapStream Media Personal Video Station WTLPVSApp exe C Program Files MSI PC Alert PCAlert exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMAPP EXE C Program Files AccuTime accutime exe C WINDOWS Integrator exe C Program Files DigiGuide client exe C Program Files eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files ISS BlackICE blackice exe C Program Files ISS BlackICE blackd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - DCA - B- B F- FF- B E BDB - C WINDOWS system HDBHO dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - no file O - Toolbar Copernic Agent - F E E - FC - C-A E - DD FA E - C PROGRA COPERN COPERN DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - C PROGRA POPUPCOP PopUpCop dll O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run MMTray K MMTray k exe O - HKLM Run MMTrayLSI MMTrayLSI exe O - HKLM Run OnSig C Program Files eMule online exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run LiveMonitor C Program Files MSI Live Update LMonitor exe O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck C WINDOWS System PSDrvCheck exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C WINDOWS System rmctrl exe O - HKLM Run OWCWebCamDV C WINDOWS system wcdvtray exe O - HKLM Run OnlineSig C unzipped OnlineSig bin online exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r ... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Ok well i bought a e-geforce mx for my computer installed it and the drivers and software After that i tried to load Warcraft The frozen throne and it froze within a few minutes I let the computer sit there for a few more minutes waiting for it to say something but it did not so i powered down my computer and turned back on Afteer that i tried counter-strike to see if thats working and to my surprise after about seconds it froze and wouldnt move i have heard much about this card not working in the same way but the solutions are pretty vague So if anyone could help me that would be game 4 geforce freezes? mx 440 great My sys specs are compaq presario gig hd mb of RAM Windows ME edition worst OS of all time and evga com e-geforce mx SE i am in a tight fix and am need of someones help I installed the new detonator drivers ALSO for anyone having a problem with their new graphics card not showing much of a difference in games UNINSTALL the game s and install them again this should work nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello a month ago i started having problems with my Aurora R I was just playing a game when suddenly my pc froze i could still hear the game sound sometimes i don t but i could not move my mouse or open the task manager with my keyboard so i had to reboot my pc pressing the start up key I checked support assist playing a game. PC when Freezes out in the system history tab and got a bunch of system event warnings about app crashes that did not pop up or anything so i didnt know about them unless i checked it after days it crashed So i was just sick of all the problems i had with windows files that were corrupted and could not me repaired and the app crashes that i just PC Freezes when playing a game. installed windows to hopefully repair those after i installed windows i had no problems for a week untill today Playing some overwatch and my pc froze again giving me the app crash errors in support assist i don t know what to do anymore now so i hope you guys could help me out here would really appreciate it Sorry for my bad english nbsp Thanks in advance Vollusion Some of the problems not gonna type it all since its alot to type Errorbucket type Name of event CLR r nbsp Something the IAStoreDataMgrSvc exe crashing Errorbucket Type nbsp Name of event APPCRASH Something with ARK that crashed wich is weird because i was not playing Ark at PC Freezes when playing a game. the time of the freeze Errorbucket type Name of event BEX Something with battlenet crashing nbsp Seeing all these errors makes me really worried and i really hope it can be fixed nbsp Thanks again if you read all of it and willing to help me i would appriciate it alot

A:PC Freezes when playing a game.

You'll probably get a better response if you re-post this in the Alienware Club forum

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986089
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey,

When i play games on my computer it works just fine with the highest settings possible, for like 10 seconds and then i starts to freeze and unfreeze.
If i play 10 seconds it freezes for 5 seconds, then is unfreezes and then freezes again. What is wrong?? I have updated my drivers and im using MSI Live Update everytime theres a new update..

Oh, and i have tried lower resolution and settings, so that is not the problem.

A:My game freezes with NX6800GT

Go HERE and then enter your full system specs in your user profile at the top of any page (click on edit profile)

Download and run Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org let it run for at least 7 passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Also what psu do you have?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-game-freezes-with-nx6800gt.24955/
Relevancy 46.01%

info
Windows xp with ati Radeon x300 se 128 Mb and DirectX 9.0- Premium 4

Things i have tried are going to task mgr and ending owners Processes for more space. i also tried lowering the game performance levels to low and reinstalling the game. I have also change the resolution; plus check the CD and the computer (new) for problems.
When i am playing the game maybe 10 to 15 mins into the game it freezes and the sound keeps playing. It does not slow down and I have no problems starting the game. A few times i have played the game for one hour but that is rare.

Is their any hope or should i just sell the game and move on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-4-freezes-during-game.309648/