Windows Support Forum

Shared printer on XP and Vista

Q: Shared printer on XP and Vista

I have my printer connected to a XP Home box and shared. I can connect to it and print fine on another XP box using my home wireless network.

I have a 3rd computer (laptop) running Vista. I can connect and print but it takes forever. For instance, when I have excel open and simply want to drag margins in print preview, it takes 5 to 10 seconds per margin. I get an hourglass waiting for the margin change. Same thing with Paint Shop, do a resize and it takes 10 seconds. To actually queue the print, is taking a few mins.

Is there something I need to run/install on vista if my printer is attached to a XP box?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Shared printer on XP and Vista

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Shared printer on XP and Vista

Why not connect and run off a home network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-printer-on-xp-and-vista.102934/
Relevancy 67.08%

Vista Home premuim. Network settings correct on both PCs. From Vista I can ping the XP by IP address and by Computer name. From Vista I can map a drive on the XP using either IP or computer name.
However In Network XP PC name is present but double-click says no access.
Shared printer on XP is not found by Vista Add Printer.
XP can see Vista in Network Places and double-click shows shared folders.
What is next step?

A:Vista HP cannot see XP shared printer

On the xp machine click on the printer.
There is sharing options within the drivers.
You have to tell the printer it is shared.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170797-vista-hp-cannot-see-xp-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an HP laptop running Vista home Prem. I also have a desktop with XP Home with both OS going thru wireless router. The XP desktop has a Brother HL-2040 printer. I am trying to get my laptop to print at XP, and I cannot get it to work. I am "sharing" my printer, downloaded the proper driver, turned off firewalls (temp.) on Norton. I seem to get a code of 0x800f0214. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

Please?

A:Vista to XP shared printer issue

The error code says something like "destination does not have applicable inf" files. iow, it can't find an .inf file that tells it how to install the printer driver. My old Epson pinters came with an XP driver, and a network program to run on the client machine to access the XP driver over the network. You might check the printer site for such a client program. Also look for a manufacturer's forum. Your chances of getting a specific printer to work are much higher where all the questions are for similar models. You may find out some specific trick or tweak.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/270452-vista-xp-shared-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right forum....

I have a an HP 6200 Printer connected to a Windows Vista...I would like to share the printer so that I can print to it from my Win XP.

I opened the printer properties in Vista and shared the printer along with changing printer name to "Printer1"...my Vista computer name is "MYComputer-1".

Next I opened the Network Sharing and enabled printer sharing in Vista and disabled password protection.

Next I opend my Win XP laptop and tried to connect to the printer but no luck...keep getting the message "unable to locate....etc.". I tried to connect to the printer using \\MYCOMPUTER-1\Printer1 but that does not work.

Is there a problem between Vista and XP when it comes to sharing printers.
Thanks,
B

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am sharing a canon mf d printer installed on a vista home premium edition computer I am trying to access it on an imac using osx Below are the steps I have taken so far On vista machine in the vista printer shared accessing from mac control panel I have checked off the quot share this printer quot box in the printers properties In the accessing vista shared printer from mac registry of the Vista machine I have changed the value of lmcompatibilitylevel from to and then rebooted accessing vista shared printer from mac On the Imac in system preferences I opened quot Print and Fax quot and clicked quot quot to add a accessing vista shared printer from mac printer I clicked on the quot IP quot button and set the quot Protocol quot to quot Line Printer Daemon - LPD quot in the quot Address quot field I entered the IP address of the vista machine In the quot Print Using quot I set to quot Generic PCL Laser Printer quot When I try and print it can t connect to the printer and it does not print Any help in solving this would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:accessing vista shared printer from mac

On the Vista did you turn on printer sharing? Did you configure any non-Windows firewall for the desired access?

Vista refuses to file share unless at least one user account is password protected. Don't know if that is needed for printer sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-vista-shared-printer-from-mac.1029822/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone, I have an HP Laserjet 1200 printer on a Windows 2000 Advanced server machine hooked up through USB. Anyways this printer serves the whole house and is easily connected to throught XP and 2k Pro machines. However, recently I installed Vista x64 Ultimate on my main box and I cannot seem to get it to connect. I have tried the Universal HP Printer driver but that didn't work. Vista can see the printer and connect to it but it keeps on asking me for a driver, I know vista has a driver for it already but it is as if it doesn't want to use it's own driver. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys!

A:Connecting to Shared Printer Vista x64

Vista does NOT have a 64 bit driver for that printer. I messed around with HP's generic 64 bit driver for some time but had to give up. I finally left it as a standby for my wife's (32 bit) laptop.
But try the 2400 series 64 bit drivers. I have not experimented myself, but have read that they work at a pretty good percentage of efficiency.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-shared-printer-vista-x64.714014/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been trying to print over a wireless network from my mac to a printer connected (and shared) to my vista pc. Everything is shared properly and permissions set (I can access shared files etc on the pc from the mac) but cannot get the printer to work. So thought I'd use bonjour for windows to set up the vista printer. Trouble is when I run the bonjour printer wizard on the vista pc it says no bonjour printers are installed. The printer def is a bonjour printer Canon ip3600. How do I get vista to see that a bonjour printer is attached (via usb) to it please?

Thanks

A:Printing from a mac to a shared vista printer

Have you run the network stuff here (See picture) on the vista PC & what firewalls have you got installed?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/192759-printing-mac-shared-vista-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Dear friends

I have two pcs with Vista, and in one of them Im trying to share a printer

In the other vista machine I cant see the server machine in the network, so I opened Explorer and accessed it trough \\machine_name, and I could succesfully add the printer

However when I try to print the print job remains in spool till I reboot the server machine.

I applied these policies as suggested in other threads

Local Computer Policies\Administrative Templates\Printers
Allow print spooler to accept client connections > to enabled

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers\ Point and Print Restrictions > to disabled
and tried to disable the bidirectional support, but when I do that it wont let me print even locally, so I had to enable it back

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help

A:Problem printing in vista's shared printer

I know this is simple and you probably already tried but I had the same problem and went into "network and sharing center" and found a combo of printer sharing "on" and password protected sharing "off" seemed to do the job. You may check these settings and see what happens.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214362-problem-printing-vistas-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

New Vista laptop.
Home Premium Edition

HP printer 5150 connected locally to HP 716n PC with XP SP2
Printer is set to sharing
PC is connected to a wireless router via ethernet cable
Laptop sees router w/LAN(otherwise, you wouldnt be reading this)
What hoops to I need to jump thru if at all to get the laptop to see the printer???

Relevancy 64.93%

I have switched over to Vista Business Operating System, I can print to the local Printer but cannot print to any printer attached to Windows'98 Computers within the same workgroup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-print-from-vista-to-a-windows-98-shared-printer-330477.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've just got new machine which is installed Microsoft Windows Vista. In my department, we have RedHat Linux Advance Server 2.1 as a File Server, Printer Server and much more.

The problem is: When I print a document from this new Vista machine I can just print only once. If I'd like to print another document, I have to re-boot this Vista machine. There are error messages shown as follow:

"\\10.0.104.20 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The Server service is not started."

How to set the Vista machine to print to the Linux's shared printer without re-booting ?

I'm looking forward to hear from all of you.

Regards,
Narin

ps. for more information about the Linux server I use:
Linux RedHat Advance Server 2.1 (kernal 2.4.9-e.3)
Samba 2.2.1a-a

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/126119-how-print-linuxs-shared-printer-microsoft-window-vista.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello In my office I have three computers two of them running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate and the third running Microsoft Windows XP Professional The three computers can all access each others files through shared folders and they all operate off a wireless network The desktop computer running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate and the desktop computer running Microsoft Windows XP Professional both access the shared printer a Canon MP without any problems and the print normally However the laptop computer running Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate is awfully slow to allow to print For example if I have text in Notepad that I wish to print when I click on File Print it can take up to two or three minutes for the dialogue box to appear When I click Print from there it can take up to five minutes before the printer becomes active and begins to print the document How can I fix Vista With Windows Microsoft Slow On Printer Shared Printing this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a lexmark pro 900 all in one on an XP box and shared. Can print to Tray 1 or Tray 2 fine. I can not access Tray 2 from my networked vista laptop (hardwired thru linksys router). Prints ok toTray 1 but the "Paper Source" is grayed out on my Print-Properties box (Word/Excel) on my vista laptop. How do I get access/focus "Properties - Paper Source" to useTray 2?
Thanks
wrapllc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-lexmark-900-pro-shared-printer-paper-source-grayed-on-vista-laptop.960093/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello there I have a pc with win vista bit who has attached to it a Konika Windows connection printer shared workstations 7 Vista err and Windows Minolta Bizhub copier who does not have a network card All computers on the network that are running windows xp or vista bit or bit are connecting and printing without problems but the machines that are running windows bit or bit are not Windows machines are able to connect to the shares on that machine read or write files can see the Windows Vista shared printer and Windows 7 workstations connection err shared printer but when it comes to connecting to it they all fail with the same error Could not connect to printer error x d I've tried defining a local port with the name address of the printer ip port with the ip of the print server i have been searching the microsoft database and nothing i found so far didn't help me The fun part is that they all worked fine before but suddenly windows machines stopped printing In that day or previous days the print server did not installed any updates has updating feature turned off nobody did anything to it neither to the other machines actually they all had updating feature turned off because we do not love microsoft quot fixes quot and blue screens So any suggestions for me from the community

A:Windows Vista shared printer and Windows 7 workstations connection err

You might try to uninstall any recent Windows 7 updates that may have been recently installed.

I can't think of any other reason why this problem would just appear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319187-windows-vista-shared-printer-windows-7-workstations-connection-err.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to all.

I am having an annoing problem with shared printers.

The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer.

The printer shared is a label printer without network port and all was working very well before this , in my opinion, unusefull improve.

All user have the " not manage default option" , win 10 pro but seems that "default option" do not effect at all with shared printers.

It is clear that is a very bad working for the sharing printer user that have to check every time what the actual default printer.

any suggestion or is it a win 10 bug ?

ciao

A:Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Not a Windows bug. Helps to know the model and manufacturer of thr label printer.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42647-shared-printer-problem-windows-10-printer-default-manage.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Have home net with 5 XP machines, one new Dell with Windows 7 (x64). Printers are attached to xp-Pro machines. Printer is Lexmark x8350. Went to Lexmark for drivers for Win 7, downloaded and executed. Loaded the (x64) drivers. Printer works fine directly attached to Win 7 machines. When printer is connected to XP, can see the machine and printer, when attempt to connect it gives "Cannot Connect error". Tried to create Local Port pointing to xp machine. Did not work. When trying to add new printer, asks for driver accepted driver installed and starts to install printer. Computer hangs on install. Help

A:XP shared Printer Win 7 cannot connect though can see printer

Within your router is uPNP enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215097-xp-shared-printer-win-7-cannot-connect-though-can-see-printer.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all. I have a printer hooked USB to my Vista machine. Works fine there. What I would like to do is access the printer from my W7 machine, to print from an app that is W7 only. Can I do this "through" the Vista machine if both are on the same network?

If not - the printer has an Ethernet connector. Should I hook the printer up to my router (technically my switch), and if I do that, can I get the W7 machine to see the printer without having to install the printer sw and drivers?

Thanks in advance.

A:Shared Printer?

Hi you will need to install the driver on the win 7 machine. is your printer wireless? this might help you. Sharing files and printers with different versions of Windows - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360435-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My home network with 3 PC's and 1 wireless notebook can not share a printer anymore.When I go to the PC with the printers attached , properties and change to "share this printer" apply or OK I get the following message, "Printer settings could not be saved.Operation could not be completed" I've tried both my Epson CX 5400 and my HP 3600 , removed and installed several times and I still can not change the printers to share. I feel it must be something in the XP networking , but I am stumped. Any help out there?

A:shared printer

You might want to have this moved to the Networking forum here at TSG you would get a much better response for your problem there, Just click on the little triangle at the top right and ask a moderator to please move the thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer.503879/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a shared printer connected to an XP machine. I bought a MAC powerbook today and would like to connect to the printer. Could someone be kind enough to provide the steps necessary to connect my mac to the printer?

Printer: canon pixma mp500, connected to PC running XP pro (sp2). Currently just set up as workgroup. The MAC will be connecting to workgroup via wireless

Thanks in advance

JP

http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/macosx/winmacprinter/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer.690372/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a laptop with Windows 7 (home premium, 32 bit); I also have an XP (SP3) computer with two printers attached. An Epson 3800 and an Epson Workforce 30. Both are pretty new. I have installed the Epson 3800 driver on the laptop.

But both printers are connected to the XP computer via USB. When I try to create a new port for the Epson 3800 printer object on Windows 7, I get "Not enough server storage is available to process this command." What I do is right click on the icon in Devices and Printers, then Properties, then Ports then Add Port then I put the path to the printer on the XP computer \\ComputerName\Printer2 and that's when I get the error. Is this how it's supposed to done? Is there another way?

RON

A:Cannot use a shared printer

You shouldn't need to do it manually but sometimes it's the only way that works. Usually the problems are with permissions and sharing settings.

Try doing it this way and see if it works.
XP to 7 Printer sharing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46167-cannot-use-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Home network that was configured as follows Computers XP-Pro PC - connected via USB to a - Shared Photo on W7 Mac PC Help Printer Shared Need Using Printer Mac Leopard - connected via USB to a -Shared All-in-One Printer XP-Pro Laptop I also have an ethernet networked Laser Printer and an ethernet networked NAS Need Help Using Mac Shared Printer on W7 PC With this setup I could print on all three printers from all three computers I stored all documents photos music etc on the NAS and it could be accessed very quickly from all three computers I replaced the XP-Pro PC with a Need Help Using Mac Shared Printer on W7 PC new Win PC Now I cannot see the Shared All-in-One that is connected to the Mac via USB I cannot get into the Mac from the Need Help Using Mac Shared Printer on W7 PC Win machine without an ID and Password which I never set and do not have I can still print on the Mac-attached printer and get into the Mac from the XP-Pro laptop Can anyone help me to be able to access the Mac and to use the Mac-attached shared printer from the Win machine

A:Need Help Using Mac Shared Printer on W7 PC

for the printer install Bonjour.
as for file sharing, i don't really know. is "network discovery" disabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47191-need-help-using-mac-shared-printer-w7-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an hp psc 1410 printer hosted on win98 se machine. There share is set up correctly on the machine as I can see a hand underneath the printer. I am trying to set up network share of the printer on my XP machine. Can someone please help me out with this.

TIA

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, what am I missing. I have a home network consisting of a router, cable modem, and two computers. I also have a printer connected to one of the machines. This machine uses Windows ME. The other uses XP. Now I want to be able to the printer from the XP machine. It seems to find it, but it doesn't indicate the ink level, nor can I print. It says, it can't start a print job.

I would appreciate if someone might be able to throw together a step-by-step to see if I missed something.

Thanks.

Couple of things...
1. I assume that you had used windows XP wizzard to install a network printer right?
2. On the windows Me you right clicked on the printer and chosen "sharing" right?
3. Looked in the FAQ of the manufacturer for tips ?
4 Using the lastest drivers for printer on XP or the "generic "microsoft drivers ?
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer.84257/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay, I have set up my wireless network and it is purring nicely but now I am totally stumped by my newest problem which is our shared printer. The printer is on my desktop and I have gone ahead and set it all up with both computers but you just cannot print from my wife's laptop. I have gone thru the trouble shooter and went as far as pinging each computer from the other. I can ping the desktop from the laptop but not the laptop from the desktop. Any clues here would be GREATLY appreciated.

A:Shared Printer

"I can ping the desktop from the laptop but not the laptop from the desktop."

My first guess would be a firewall on the laptop is blocking access. Turn off Windows XP firewall and uninstall any others to see if this is your problem. Could be affecting the printing also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer.376442/
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 7 host with HP printer. 2 laptops (xp,vista ) in network. Have been able to print from both laptops when host is being used. When host times out laptops unable to print. Setting I'm missing?

A:Shared printer

Lucky. I have a similar setup except the host is running XP. I cannot get the printer to show up on the other computers...

Your host PC is probably going to power saving mode (sleep/hibernate) etc severing connections with your network. Change the host PC settings and you'll be fine

Optimize Windows 7 This might help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82863-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I have a workstation connected to a domain. There are 4 mapped network shares. There is also 1 connection to a shared printer that is on another pc.

Whenever the workstation is rebooted the the shared folders are fine and can be connected to. But the I am unable to print to the shared printer. If I Reinstall the print share I can print.

The work station is running Windows 7.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/droping-shared-printer.308848/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a deck top (Dell with xp) with a printer set up to run from it. I also have a Dell laptop with Vista. I have tried to set up printer sharing for two days with no luck.I went through all the right processes(?) and when I go to print from my Vista I get a script message.

Is there a secret to doing this?

Relevancy 50.74%

I have printer on a machine called COMP1 shared as HP.

If i want to connect to that shared printer from another machine called COMP2, do i enter the network printer name as COMP1 so it can connect to the shared printer?

I'm running NT4 on a very small network.

Thanks
All help appreciated
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-shared-printer-help.341720/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem printing on a home network The printer Epson Stylus Color D inkjet is connected by USB to a desktop and is also installed as a shared printer on a laptop The network is set up Shared Printer Problem and running properly - the laptop can connect to the internet via the desktop and file sharing between the two PCs operates normally The printer can be seen on both PCs - on the desktop it is set up to share while on the laptop it shows as a shared printer with the icon underlined Shared Printer Problem in yellow When I send a print job from the laptop it appears in the print queue on the desktop with status as printing and owner Shared Printer Problem as guest but the job never prints OS is Windows XP Home SP I have tried the following - Reinstalling printer on both machines Installing latest Epson driver Setting printer to print direct rather than spooling Checking that print spooling service is started and set to automatic at startup None of the above has made any difference - can anyone help please nbsp

A:Shared Printer Problem

the problem could be owner 'guest'. 'guest' is a limited account, probably don't have authority.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-problem.453398/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have printer on a machine called COMP1 shared as HP.

If i want to connect to that shared printer from another machine called COMP2, do i enter the network printer name as COMP1 so it can connect to the shared printer?

I'm running NT4 on a very small network.

Thanks
All help appreciated
Andy

A:Connect to shared printer--> HELP!!!

I never ran Native NT systems, just XP based, and of course there is a "Wizard" for adding the Printer.

In your case I expect that there is not.

But when I do a Browse for a new Printer to ADD, I see listings like this...

\\MOLLIE\Epson ActionLaser 1500--Local

"MOLLIE" is the name of my spousal unit's Computer on our Network.

"Epson ActionLaser 1500--Local" is how the Printer on her PC is identified.

The \'s are the required designators for XP. I expect that NT is the same?

So, you need to add a Printer that is:

//COMP1/HP

if what you have specified is accurate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-to-shared-printer-help.341717/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to be able to print via shared printer on a home network The desktop where the printer is connected is running Vista home Premium the laptop s that I would like to be able to print from are running windows xp I have created a shared printer on the desktop running vista at first when print Printer seen, Shared but won't I went to add a printer to the laptop I was able to view the desktop computer but not the printer turning off the Norton Anti-virus firewall allowed for me to then see the printer on the network windows firewall is turned on After adding the printing and making it the default printer I am still unable to print It sees the printer even shows in the printer que when a doc is pending on the desktop but then job is not finished and never begins to print and disappears from the printer que Any thoughts Is there a setting in norton anit-virus that is blocking Or could it be windows defender The desktop is brand new nbsp

A:Shared Printer seen, but won't print

This sounds like a port specification issue, or perhaps a driver issue on the remote machine. How did you install the drivers for the remote machine, and what version of Windows is running on the remote client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-seen-but-wont-print.617800/
Relevancy 50.74%

A couple of computers will not print to the shared printer unless you go to \\<computer name>\<printer name and type in the username and password for that computer. There are other computers that do not have to do this and can print as soon as the computer is booted.

I have a local account on all of the computers with the same name, but the users login under different user names and not the account name that's on each system.

As soon as you authenticate to the computer sharing the printer, then the printer will work fine until a reboot occurs.

Why needs to be done so that the computers with the shared printer installed automatically authenticate as soon as the user logs in?

A:Shared printer issue

Are the computers having this issue running XP Home by chance?? If so this happens because XP home does not store network passwords

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-printer-issue-342401.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 and a Desktop running Windows XP. The desktop is connected to a HP Deskjet F4280 (or something like that). I have set up the workgroup and everything and the printer is shared and I have added the printer to my Windows 7 laptop. I have done this before and it has worked.

However...now I am getting the error: "Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close" on the Desktop when i try to print anything from the laptop.

When i added the printer I was able to print a test page but now I can't print anything because I get that error on the desktop. I haven't changed anything since I added the printer to the laptop and printed the test page so why is this happening ?

Please help, I really am begging you. It's driving me crazy

A:Shared printer error

It's your Printer Spooler Service Issue, Try to restart the service & make sure its set to automatic. Check Event Viewer to find out what is causing this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-error.901929/
Relevancy 50.74%

We have a small computer running Vista Ultimate (not on SP2) with our printer connected to it via USB. I've shared that printer and the other two Vista Home Premium clients (on SP2) connect to it over our Dlink router via ethernet. Since the SP2 upgrade when trying to print from *anything* the connection from the Vista Home clients basically hangs. Any ideas on how to fix?

A:No Shared Printer Connection after SP2

Uninstall drivers for printer,make sure you have the newest version if not update it and reinstall driver again

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/234883-no-shared-printer-connection-after-sp2.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I m running a LAN with a printer attached to and the other computers can t print to it All systems are running XP Pro and this is a relatively new problem because the printing used to work but stopped all of a sudden I ve gone as far as doing a clean install on but it didn t solve the problem From the other systems the printer shows up as print won't Printer Shared quot Opening quot once the printer window is opened then quickly goes to quot Ready quot so that means that the printer is visible to them but when I try to do a test print a popup that says quot Test Print Failed Would you like to see the print troubleshooter Operation could not be completed quot Other info Printer is Canon S D Shared Printer won't print and it is running the most recent drivers and this problem affects ALL systems on the network Your help would be greatly appreciated and happy holidays nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having problems connecting a shared printer to a Vista system. I have a server with a shared printer; several laptops running win7 can access the printer. My Vista laptop can see the server, can see the printer, but when I try to add the printer, I get an error 0x00000709.

The printer drivers exist on both the server and the Vista laptop, the server and the laptop are on the same router. No errors show up in the event logs on either the Vista laptop or the server. I've tried adding it as both a networked printer and as a local TCP/IP port, all to no avail.

So - any ideas?

A:Shared Printer Madness

Check out the following post about this problem and see if anything there helps: http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=5969.

The following thread also addresses the issue, but comes at it from a completely different angle involving the use of a static IP address for the printer (among other suggestions). I'm not sure if this is the issue, but it's worth reading to see if it applies and if the suggestions are worth trying: Error when printing across through a router - Windows Vista Printers & Scanners.

There were many other articles on this error, but I reviewed most from the first 10 search pages and found none that offered any solutions but the two above.

I hope this helps. If not, post back and I'll try looking again (but after the time I've already spent, I'm not sure what else I'll be able to find though I will try).

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/283738-shared-printer-madness.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
in the beginning, I should say the printer is NOT connected to the pc.
I have a shared printer in the network. It's connected via cable to one router. There are usually just two devices (besides the printer, plus phones etc..) in the network: my pc (W7 U 64) - connected to the same router via cable and notebook (W7) - connected via wifi to the same router.
When my pc is on, the notebook can print without any problems, but when it is off, I can see the printer on my notebook, I can try to print stuff, but it only goes to queue and starts to actually print when I turn my pc on.
It is just small home network.
Printer: Ricoh Aficio 3400S but we use 4100N drivers because of the system compatibility

Thanks for your help!

A:Shared printer - Others can't print when my pc is off

Sounds as if the network printer is not installed as a network printer on the other devices. If it is installed as a shared printer (YourPC_Name\Printer_Name), it will naturally only work when your PC is on because the other devices do not search the printer from the network but instead try to connect to it over your PC.

The solution is simple, the printer needs to be installed as network printer on all devices, allowing all devices to connect to it directly instead of over your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371159-shared-printer-others-cant-print-when-my-pc-off.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am attempting to install two remote printers across the a small business network which I manage The shared printers are attached to an older Dell running XP Pro I can see them under that computer's IP address but every time I try to connect to either I get the following error after a few moments Operation could not be completed Shared Printer Trouble error x Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network Both printers name Shared Printer Trouble are seen on the network and I am double clicking the printer's icon so the printer name is correct and is connected to the network The Dell is always on and the last time I checked so was both printers I currently do not have access to the office in which these printers are located I have also tried manuelly installing both printers but I get an error saying that my computer cannot connect to the printer Manuelly installing was suggested in the vistax forum many times I have googled this problem and none of the suggestions or help worked I am at a loss as how to proceed I have been able to install shared printers in the past at my home network and I am using the same brand router -abiet different model- here Also I was only dealing with Vista amp Seven together Vista was the OS on Shared Printer Trouble the home network I have Shared Printer Trouble always had trouble with XP computers connecting to Vista and Seven and vice versa I am not sure if the Dell user account has a password set up on it or not

A:Shared Printer Trouble

I just discovered another thread about this that was marked solved, but I had tried that already without success.

Here is that post:
XP to 7 Printer sharing

Both of the printers are quite old, and at least one of the printers has a driver built into Seven (the driver is available for download on HP website, but it is NOT an installer, and is labelled PCL6). I do not know exactly the model number of the other printer (I just know it was made by Sharp)

UPDATE:
Found a key and managed to get in office with the printers. The Dell was on and so were both printers (which I confirmed they were both shared). Upon going into the printers folder on the Dell, I discovered that the Sharp was offline, but the old HP was up and going. I even successfully printed a test page from the Dell. The old HP is a laserjet 4050 connected via parallel port.

I still cannot connect remotely to the old HP.

UPDATE:

"Installing" the old HP driver did not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87049-shared-printer-trouble.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if you can use the Windows 7 Windows Fax and Scan with a shared printer? I got my computer to print via the shared printer, pero when I attempt to preform a "New Scan," it says no scanner is attached to my computer. Any insight?

Thanks

A:Scan Through Shared Printer

A shared printer is a printer not a scanner so I am thinking it is not possible. Generally scanner functions are not available over the network even for large all-in-one business type machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/26942-scan-through-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I just recently started setting up a home network have computers in the same workgroup now I have cable broadband hooked to a Linksys-N router with computers wired to it The computer downstairs has the HP Officejet v all-in-one printer connected to it via USB Now on my PC here I can go to add printer--------- gt network Printer or printer attatched to another--- gt browse for a printer-- gt see the computer under the workgroup--- gt double click to see the printer attatched to it--- gt then click ok and I now see the network printer icon in my Printers and faxes folder with the big check mark The computer downstairs with the printer is XP-Home mine is Media Center but that shouldn't matter anyway Both PCs have the up to date HP Shared problem Printer Basic Feature software drivers installed They do have one that says No Network support but I did not D L that driver Now the PC downstairs can Shared Printer problem print fine but when I try to do just a test print from my computer I crash When I try to just print the web page I am looking at to see if it works it appears to send the job to the printer it activates rolls a piece of paper through but it doesn't print out any data just a blank page Now something odd I did notice is that if I go to print preview for this web page here the preview is gray just blank so I figure this is defnitely why the job goes to the printer and it spits out that blank page I guess this could be a driver issue I know printer sharing is enabled on the downstairs computer someone help me Please

A:Shared Printer problem

Can you test by turning off any firewall software on the computer downstairs? Sounds to me like it's having some sort of communications problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-printer-problem-227796.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I have a LAN on which there's a mix of PC's across different Windows OS's.
One one such PC which is using Windows 7, is an Epson LX 350 which I'm wanting to share with another PC using Windows 8.1

The issue being faced is, the LX 350 keeps disappearing from the list of printers, yet it's always available on the Windows 7 PC to which it's connected.

Would really appreciate some help on this, pls.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-keeps-disappearing.1154765/
Relevancy 50.74%

We installed a wireless network including our desktop and laptop. We set up home network running Network Setup Wizard on both computers. We are only able to print off of the desktop. We've been at this for hours! Any help?
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-problems.390990/
Relevancy 50.74%

HI,

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH ONE OF THE CLIENT SYSTEM ACER LOADED WINDOWS XP IN WHICH WE ARE UNABLE TO GIVE PRINT.

KINDLY SEE THE BELOW ATTACHMENT AND PROVIDE THE SOLUTION.

WITH REGARDS,

KESHAVA.K.

A:Problem With The Shared Printer.

Download the driver from HERE and install it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-the-shared-printer-289618.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,

I just upgraded all of my computers to Windows 7 Professional and Office 2010 Professional Plus, and they're all running great. Much faster than the previous configuration, Windows XP Professional SP3 w/Office 2003 Standard. I'm using one computer to store all of the file backups and share the printer, a Dell Photo AIO 924. Everything's working fine, except for the printer. The printer prints from the computer its directly connected to, and I have it shared. However, when I try to connect other computers to it, I get an unable to connect to printer error with code 0x06. I checked a couple of things, Print Spooler service is running, network passwords are disabled, and all computers are in the same workgroup. I've gotten this to work before, but that was a while ago when I was running Win7 Enterprise trial on the same computer, everything worked great.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for the help again !

A:Cannot connect to shared printer

SP1 comes in two days...there's inside a patch for shared printers not accessible on networks.

A computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 intermittently cannot use a shared network printer to print

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145884-cannot-connect-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi

I have a xp pc with a espon c900 printer shared.
In xp the printer wil be seen as a epson c900 advanced.

The printer also communicate whit the pc exp paper jam?

In vista the xp drivers won't work.
So on other forums a found the solution.
Install the printer local and map a port to the shared printre on xp an use the vista driver

Printing is ok.

But when i whant to install my status monitor in vista he won't commnunicate with the shared printer on xp.

An in xp it works fine. There i can see if the front cover of the printer is open and so on.

The status monitor works fin when the printer is connected on the usb port of the vista machine but not when the printer is connected to the xp machine

any help is welcome.

Glenn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interacting-with-a-shared-printer-in-xp.672600/
Relevancy 50.74%

I posted this in the Printing and Faxing newsgroup Shared to x86) Driver (x64 Printer but since it is a driver issue I thought it Shared Printer Driver (x64 to x86) would be alright to post here as well Hello all I would like to thank you in advance for any answers that are given in this thread I am an MCSE and would consider myself pretty savy overall but this particular problem which exists in my home network has me frustrated I have a PC running Vista Ultimate x Attached to that PC via USB is a HP Photosmart C My wife's is running XP Professional x I am trying to allow her to print to the printer attached to my Vista x PC I install the printer properly and confirm it working on my Vista x PC I then share it out under the name HPC I disable password Shared Printer Driver (x64 to x86) protected Shared Printer Driver (x64 to x86) sharing and under the security settings of the printer I give quot Anonymous Logon quot permission to access the printer I know generally I would have to specify the x version of the driver under the quot Additional Drivers quot area in the properties of the printer but in this case I do not know where to get the INF files I can download the drivers for the bit version of XP from HP's site but they aren't self extracting EXE files so I cannot get the INF file out of them to use I even tried setting it up on XP x laptop as a quot Local Printer quot with a quot Local Port quot that points the printer I then tried to use a variety of older and generic drivers At worst it refused to print entirely At best I got some sort of seemingly random output from the printer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Again Richard R

A:Shared Printer Driver (x64 to x86)

you might need to check the HP website...my understanding is that networking a HP printer in an environment that includes Vista 64 bit is not supported very well.

I could be wrong though so please check.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/117932-shared-printer-driver-x64-x86.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to add a network printer to my Vista Laptop and find that it says that I do not have permision to do this. The printer I am trying to connect to is shared and I am using it wirelessly on another XP machine. All of the help I have read says to right click the printer and use it as an administrator. That would work if I could get the printer onto this machine in the first place. I am pretty sure my user profile is that of an administrator. I have connectivity to all other computers on my LAN. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 50.74%

1. laptop A has WIN 98 SE - mshome workgroup
2. laptop B has WIN XP Pro - mshome workgroup
3. Laptop A shares printer using TCP/IP not netbui
4. laptop B can't find or see laptop A's shared printer
5. workgroup name is the same!
6. What's wrong?

Relevancy 50.74%

Guys i need a help i have a hp 3515 printer shared from a XP machine but there is a windows 7 machine that i cant add that printer properly this happens only for a one certain local account 
when i click on the shared printer to add it gives a error NO PRINTER FOUND but after refresh da Devices and Printers 
that printer is there but i cant make it as default printer or i cant send prints from adobe reader 
please help me to solve this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0744368b-bef9-42b6-a61e-2ce02857a91e/cant-add-a-shared-printer-properly?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm back. Trying to share a printer on a WIN 7 PRO PC. Was working after much help from this forum but has now quit.

My PC is a Vista Home Premium. If I click on network the WIN 7 PC shows but if I try to open it to see the printer it gives me a message; Windows cannot access \\XXXXX-PC.

If I try to add the printer it doesn't come up so I click option that the printer I want isn't listed and try to add by name \\XXXXX-PC\hp psc 1300 series I get message; Windows cannot connect to printer. Access is denied.

Any short term help as I'm trying to get a report out.

Long term I'm in the market for a print server. Must be able to handle 64 bit.

Thanks
Chas.

Relevancy 50.74%

Ok this has been giving me the biggest headache for the past month and any help would be MUCH appreciated as I now have hit Printer Problems Shared a dead end I have a home network set up with one computer serving as the Server for the house it is running Vista Ultimate x All the printers are connected to that computer and are shared The server also contains all of our movies and music for the house I have several computers Shared Printer Problems connected to it ranging from Vista Home Shared Printer Problems Premium x to Vista Ultimate x Now for some reason I am only able to print to the printer when I am logged in on an account with the exact name and password as the one that I made on the server Any other account I just get an error in the printer queue So I figured I just needed to set up everyone with a user name and password on the server I did that and the same thing is happening I've checked the security tab on the printer and set Everyone to have full control over the printer Printer sharing is enabled on the server and I'm adding the printer to the other computers via local port quot SERVER Colour Laser quot So I have no idea what else it could be I'm also installing both x and x drivers on the server and the proper ones on the client computers So to recap I have Server - Windows Vista Ultimate x Printer - HP Laser CP Printer - HP Deskjet Computer - Windows Vista Ultimate x Computer - Windows Vista Ultimate x Computer - Windows Vista Home Premium x Computer - Windows Vista Home Premium x Each computer has one common user name and password quot Tyler quot I can successfully print from any computer while on that account However I am unsuccessful in printing from any other account Any help is much appreciated as I am about to lose some hair over this

A:Shared Printer Problems

Well I have my printers connected to a Dell XPS running Vista 64 Home Premium. The other house computers are XP based desktops and mobiles.

Interesting enough, the file sharing works fine and printing to my Canon printer works fine. Sharing to the HP does not work (it works locally).

This has to be some simple setup (along with something HP did to mess up the driver).

I have seen the reverse -- printer on XP, laptop running VIsta....

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209298-shared-printer-problems.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Situation:
I have 2 computers connected with a linksys router. Both computers are win xp pro and both share a printer. The printer is connected to the main computer with a parallel cable connection. The 2ndary computer accesses the printer through printer sharing. The main computer (the one that is directly connected to the printer) prints just fine. The 2ndary computer doesn't print at all. I went to "Printers" and it shows that it's the primary printer and that it's ready.
Any idea on what's going on?

A:The Shared Printer Blues

What error message does it give you?

Can you share files between the 2 with no problems?

check this site for troubleshooting steps

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/sharingdetails.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-shared-printer-blues.100764/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to print from a Windows 7 notebook to a XP shared printer. I'm able to detect and 'add' the network printer on the notebook. When I try to print, a document shows up in the printer's queue on the notebook but never goes over to the XP PC. This might be related: I can 'detect' the XP PC on the notebook but the XP PC does not detect the notebook.

Mike

A:Printing to XP Shared Printer

Are both computers part of the same workgroup? Do you have any security software on the XP computer that may be preventing it from seeing the Windows 7 computer? Have you configured the Windows 7 computer to allow file and printer sharing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67304-printing-xp-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
I have my main pc in one room which I use on the internet with a Buffalo Wireless Modem/Router, connected to the PC using an Ethernet cable. I have an Epson D88 connected to the PC via USB. I also have a laptop which connected via the wireless network I have setup. I now want to be able to print from the laptop to the Epson via the network, when the pc is switched on. I have gone into Printers and accessed the printer and said to let it be shared and called it EPSON. When I go on the laptop I cannot see it. What do I have to do to see printer

Thanks

Stu

A:Shared Printer over Network

The firewall on the laptop may be blocking the communication to the printer. You must enable Printer and File sharing on both computers by running the "network setup wizard"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-printer-over-network.92040/
Relevancy 50.74%

At my office, we have two networks: One for our district and one for the agents. From our main router, we have two other routers (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x) that split the network. If I have a locally shared printer on the agent network, can I connect to it from a pc on the district side?

Thanks,

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello im trying to install a printer an HP LaserJet that is shared on install printer Shared the network onto my windows x machine The printer is installed and shared on an older computer that is running windows xp pro NOT bit The windows machine sees the Shared printer install shared printer but obviously the drivers are not installed so it ask for the correct drivers I have downloaded the drivers from HP - HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL x - Version Every inf file in this driver package will not work If i plug the printer directly into the windows machine it installs just fine If I knew where it stores the Shared printer install built in drivers maybe I could get it to install after it detects it over the network Is there Shared printer install anyone that can offer any suggestions to this problem I know the issue is the fact the windows machine is a bit operating system but I dont know how to work around it Thanks in advance to any and all suggestions

A:Shared printer install

Maybe try the Printer Support forum: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f109/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/shared-printer-install-464707.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I have an Epson 1290 connected to my Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 PC, and it is shared with my Vista Home premium SP2 PC, the printer works fine when printing from my Windows 7 PC but when I try to print from my Vista PC, nothing prints and all the jobs are shown in the "Open Printer" Dialogue box.

I have tried right clicking and selecting "Restart" on each entry but still nothing happens.

The printer is the default printer for both PC's and shows up in the Control Panel/Printers box.

Any ideas on what can be happening and how to fix it?

Cheers

Daniel

A:Shared printer not printing

Hello,

It might help to download the latest printer driver for Vista from Epson's site.

Please let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160793-shared-printer-not-printing.html
Relevancy 50.74%

First the specs on the problem pc Pcpitstop link http pc) problem Printer another from (Shared www pcpitstop com techexpress asp id KKBQLWGUL NSPE E It s connected to a Linksys router and can connect with my other pc s just fine But I can t seem to get it to work with my HP OfficeJet v All-In-One printer I have the printer set to shared But when I try to print Printer problem (Shared from another pc) an error pops up telling me I have to install the printer When I double click the add printer wizzard nothing happens The icon goes blue just like when you single click it but nothing else happens Everything was working fine until I had to do a LLF on the host machine due to RMA ing the Abit mobo Reinstalled my old ECS K S A Pro and XP Reloaded W K on the system Everything else seems to work fine On it right now Running W K on all systems Any ideas why I can t get that machine to see the printer nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
We have five terminals in our parts department, all running Windows XP-PRO. We had an Epson cx6600 printer on one of the stations and set to share with the others. We switched the printer to another terminal and set it up the same way but it will only work from the terminal it is slaved to. We have shared it and added it to the other terminals. We have even gone back to the original set up with the printer attached to the original station and it will now work only with that station!!! We are able to use all of the other shared printers in our network with no problems. We have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but have had no luck. We are going "nuts" trying to figure this out. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:shared printer problem

When you added it to the other terminals did you also remove the original instance of it?
That is to say on one of the non-printer connected terminals you had the network printer "Epson on T1" installed. Now you have added "Epson on T2". If you did not remove "Epson on T1" then your applications may still be defaulting to that (absent) printer.

What apps are you printing from and what error messages do you get when you try to print? If you find the printer on one of the non-printer connected terminals and right click on it to select properties there is a 'print a test page' button. What happens when you try that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/19807/shared-printer-problem/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have machines one is a desktop running xp sp the other is a laptop running Windows They connect to the internet and with each other through a linksys router I cannot print remotely from the laptop to the desktop which has a printer attached to it I can hook the laptop directly to the printer via usb cable and it prints fine so it isn t a driver problem I have already disabled all firewalls and tried that route it still doesn t print I am able to share folders on the XP machine and access them from the Windows laptop I was able to print to the printer remotely from the laptop prior to upgrading to Windows on the laptop which Shared Problem Printer is what I am trying to print from but it can t be a driver issue because I can print Shared Printer Problem directly to the printer when attached by usb to the printer The router configuration has not changed the xp machine configuration has not changed When connected through the network the Windows laptop quot sees quot the printer and installs it But when I print it says spooling and then the printed item disappears into the ether when printing to the shared printer through the network Any thoughts Oh one other Shared Printer Problem thing if this means anything The printer on the XP machine is set up on USB there is no USB or USB ports that I can select Help David W Norman nbsp

This is a procedure that may work for installing network printers when the normal install doesn't work properly.
Select: Control Panel, Printers, Add Printer
Choose Add Local Printer.
Uncheck the box marked :Automatically detect my PnP printer.
Click Next
Select Create a New Port and leave the default in the drop down selection as Local Port.
Click Next
Windows displays a small dialogue box asking a port name.
Key in: \\<computer_name>\<printer_name> See note below
Click OK
Windows will show a list of printer vendors and models. The list looks just like the Windows Add Hardware Dialog. Select your printer manufacturer and printer model from the list. If your specific printer isn't shown, you can click on Have Disk and browse to the folder where you have the unpacked drivers for your printer.

Note:
<computer_name> - Computer name from Control Panel, System status display.
<printer_name> - The actual name of the network printer viewed by browsing to the shared printer on the network.​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-problem.880726/
Relevancy 50.74%

OK dont know if this should be in networking or winxp but here goes I have PC s networked wireless connections and wired PC s All PC s have WinXP pro in stalled and nework fine Sharing mapping and transfering of files is no problem between any of the PC s I have a HP all in one usb printer connected to my main PC This PC I just reformatted and reinstalled windows on I went through all my normal set ups and shared my normal drives and the printer with no problems Problem I am now having though is that of the PC s will not print to the shared printer on the main PC I have Printer Problems Shared deleted the old shared printer from Shared Printer Problems the that are having problems and when trying to print I just get an error saying I do not have permission and to contact my network admin This happens on both of the PC s that wont print The that can print obviously have no problems but of them I did nothing on and it is using the old settings before the reformat and still prints with no problem The other PC I have deleted and readded the shared printer with no problems Both the PC s that are having problems I have taken all security software off and still get the same problem Totally stumped any ideas from anyone would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

OK...here's the situation. A user has an HP Deskjet 2200C Printer hooked up locally via Parallel Port. His workstation is running Windows ME. The device works fine when printing from the user's workstation. I made the printer a shared device and installed it on another workstation which is running Win2KPro. I installed it with the latest Win2K driver DLd from HPs website. Test page does not print properly. Went to printer properties and selected "additional drivers" under "Sharing" and installed the same WinME driver on the user's original box. Test page fails to print at all. Any thoughts?

A:Shared Printer Issue

Did you try to install the printer directly on the XP computer, deleting the driver from the ME computer, then adding it again by connecting the networked printer and having XP install the driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-issue.139285/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem printing on a home network The printer Epson Stylus Color D inkjet is connected by USB to a Printer Problem Shared desktop and is also installed as a shared printer on a laptop The network is set up and running properly - the laptop can connect to the internet via the desktop and file sharing between the two PCs operates normally The printer can be seen on both PCs - on the desktop it is set up to share while on the laptop it shows as a shared printer with the icon underlined in yellow When I send a print job from the laptop it appears in the print queue on the desktop with status as printing and owner as guest but the job never prints OS is Windows XP Home SP I have tried the following - Reinstalling printer on both machines Installing latest Epson driver Setting printer to print direct rather Shared Printer Problem than spooling Checking that print spooling service is started and set to automatic at startup None of the above has made any difference - can anyone help please

can you print okay from the desktop? when the status is 'printing' from the laptop, does it stay that way indefinitely or does it report an error printing at some stage?

when you installed the printer on the laptop you did install it as an network printer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-printer-problem-94646.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Having great fun here trying to get an XP Pro machine connected to our new Canon CLC950 running off a Cyclone Colorbus RIP which is running W2K.
Problem is that as soon as the printer is selected (\\clc950\clc950) and press ok, i am presented with a Connect to: dialog and asked for username and password. I have tried the admin password for the cyclone, tried setting up user accounts on the cyclone to match other users on the network, all to no avail. Browsing the network, none of the shares on the CLC950 are available, again it just asks for a username and password, with the same results as trying to install the printer.
Other XP machines on the network have no problem connecting, as dont the Win98 machines.
Any ideas, or further information required that might be useful?

A:Cant connect to W2K shared printer from XP

Sounds like your not logged onto the network? Are all other network resources available? ie: can you see other pc's on the network etc. Are you logged onto the same domain as the PC sharing the printer??

Ed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-w2k-shared-printer-from-xp.90950/
Relevancy 50.74%

This may be a silly question, but do we have to install the printer to be shared
on the computor that wants to share it?

A:shared printer question

Yes. First just try connecting to it. If both the sharer and sharee have the same OS, it will probably ask you if it's OK to copy the driver from the sharee. Tell it yes, and it will install.

With different systems, there may be a problem getting the correct driver for the sharer; if so, try doing a regular install before taking the printer back to the sharee and connecting from the sharer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-question.389860/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have PC s that have XP that both are connected to a Printer via USB Both printers are shared Lets say PC A and PC B I was able to connect PC A to PC B by going to Run Shared connecting XP Need Printer a to help And then I was able to connect to the shared printer I cant connect PC B to PC A via Run I can t connect to the printer either I tried by going to Add printer gt Add Network printer gt Select a Shared printer by name I tried by going to Add printer gt Local printer gt Create a port gt Local Port Both PC s are in the same Workgroup called Workgroup I only found differences Enable LMHosts is checked off on PC A And PC A has static IP Need help connecting to a Shared XP Printer Address I tried connecting with a Vista amp PC I couldn t connect to the PC via Run I was able to connect to the PC by going to Add printer gt Add Network printer gt Select a Shared printer by name When I tried connecting to the Printer Vista said that the print spooler or server needed to be restarted But I was able to connect to a shared printer from the Vista PC When I tried connecting to the Printer said it couldn t find any drivers But I was able to connect to a shared Vista printer from the PC Any ideas what s wrong with PC B nbsp

A:Need help connecting to a Shared XP Printer

PC's are connected via LAN?
Both printers work properly from their attached PC?

Disable sharing, delete the printer, uninstall any software/drivers for said printer from Add and Remove programs, reboot, and reinstall, configure, and share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-connecting-to-a-shared-xp-printer.1124694/
Relevancy 50.74%

Do know if you can add a shared printer (on a domain) without adding the WS to the domain in a win2k/win2k serv environment? I am trying to help someone do this but I do not know how to do it myself.

I am being told that he has a WS that is strictly for net use and he does not want the server to be associated with the WS that is used for the net. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Shared Printer Issue

Can't you just run the Add New Printer Wizard on that PC and find the wanted printer on the network? Should be a piece of cake if you are in the same Workgroup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-printer-issue.20071/
Relevancy 50.74%

I upgraded my laptop and desktop to Windows 10. Everything OK after re-setting up Homegroup, including file and printer sharing. However, shared printers on desktop suddenly have become invisible to laptop, although shared files are still visible. I deleted the homegroup and set up a new one - same problem, shared printer invisible from laptop, shared files visible. Any ideas how to solve this?

A:Disappearing shared printer

System seems OK now. After resetting and setting all the "sharing" options on thge desktop to which the printers are attached, my laptop has finally rediscovered the printers - for no obvious reason.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32077-disappearing-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I solved a problem which I would like some thoughts on The reason is because even though I solved the problem I don't understand why it printer shared Connection with worked because it Connection with shared printer was not supposed to work I have a wireless home network set up My desktop computer is my server which I have my printers installed Connection with shared printer on which I access with my laptop The problem was that while on my laptop I couldn't connect to my printers I could access my files but I couldn't print It was working fine up until a few days ago I don't know how many things I tried to get my laptop to connect to Connection with shared printer my printers but it just would not work So today I decided to get on my laptop and leave the home group and then join it again Thinking that by doing that and starting fresh it may work When I chose to leave the home group the pop up message warned me that if I did that I would no longer be able to access my files on the home group which I understood so I clicked on OK But before I joined again I wanted to see if I really could access my files To my surprise I could actually access them I was suppressed because this was not supposed to happen So I then decided to see if I could connect to my printer and I could My problem was solved But this was not supposed to happen since I did leave the home group So you think it that with all the things that I tried to be able to connect to my printer I inadvertently had joined twice Then by leaving I didn't exactly leave but instead removed the one I didn't need

A:Connection with shared printer

Sometimes trial and error has its own logic. Maybe the homegroup had some setting that was blocking your printer access. But it's tough to say with no indication of the current state of your network. They say "if it ain't broke don't fix it." So I guess a corollary would be "If you fixed it don't try to figure out how. Just use it."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312155-connection-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

OK, here's the deal.

My friend had a XP desktop connected to a wireless router. He was sharing his printer that was connected to desktop. His personal laptop running xp worked fine , used the printer connected to desktop fine.

His company issued laptop running xp also connected to the internet fine, but can not find the shared printer.

He got a new desktop running vista basic. He shared the printer and his personal computer connected fine and found printer no problem.

The company laptop connected to internet fine, but can not find the shared printer. The company laptop does have a different workgroup name, since it is used at work ( a large business) but this had never been a problem before???

How can I get his company laptop to find the shared printer?

TIA

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a printer attached to my W2K machine that is shared out to my home network. A laptop running XP SP2 was always able to print to the shared printer before now cannot print. I have the settings set to save the spool files on the W2K machine that has the printer direct attached so I can see what was printed and reprint if necessary.The problem is that everytime the XP machine prints, the spool shows the print entry and a status of "printed". However it does NOT print. Nor can I restart the print job. The weirdest part is that when I print a test page from the XP machine it works fine and shows a status of "printed". Does anyone have any ideas for me?
TIA
Len

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a friend who is having trouble accessing a shared printer on her local network.

The printer is connected to one of the desktops and is shared on the network normally. All computers can access the printer, except one.

The computer that can't see the local printer is cabled directly into the LAN. However, at login, it connects to her company's domain. It can not see her local network or the printers on it. The only printers it can access are at her office.

Is there any way to make this computer see the printer on the local network?

thanks
mike

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all Have setup a bunch of computers with Windows Professional with all updates from windows update When my network connection was detected I selected Work Network can't printer 7 shared to 7 win connect Win Installed a HP Officejet G Win 7 can't connect to win 7 shared printer printer using USB Windows automatically installed the correct driver for me And the printer works fine from the computer its attached to I then shared the printer by Start Devices and Printers gt Right clicked on my printer gt selected printer properties gt clicked sharing tab Clicked share this printer and render print jobs on client computers gt clicked apply gt clicked ok From another windows computer i try to connect to the shared printer i've tried using the hostname printer name and ip address printer name but nothing works I've tried Win 7 can't connect to win 7 shared printer disabling the firewalls But Win 7 can't connect to win 7 shared printer that did not fix it either I then tried changing the printer server and another computer to home network instead of work network A homegroup was created and I was issued a homegroup password when I setup the home network on the nd test computer it detected that a homegroup had already been created and I had to enter the password Now I can connect to the printer Is there a way to do with with Work Network setting and is there any good reason to do it that way

A:Win 7 can't connect to win 7 shared printer

Hi Remush, Welcome to Seven forums.

Check out this link

Quote:
Add printer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314709-win-7-cant-connect-win-7-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all I just recently started setting up a home network have computers in the same workgroup now I have cable broadband hooked to a Linksys-N router with computers wired to it The computer downstairs has the HP Officejet v problem Printer Shared all-in-one printer connected to it via USB Now on my Shared Printer problem PC here I can go to add printer--------- gt network Printer or printer attatched to another--- gt browse for a printer-- gt see the Shared Printer problem computer under the workgroup--- gt double click to see the printer Shared Printer problem attatched to it--- gt then click ok and I now see the network printer icon in my Printers and faxes folder with the big check mark The computer downstairs with the printer is XP-Home mine is Media Center but that shouldn t matter anyway Both PCs have the up to date HP Basic Feature software drivers installed They do have one that says No Network support but I did not D L that driver Now the PC downstairs can print fine but when I try to do just a test print from my computer I crash When I try to just print the web page I am looking at to see if it works it appears to send the job to the printer it activates rolls a piece of paper through but it doesn t print out any data just a blank page Now something odd I did notice is that if I go to print preview for this web page here the preview is gray just blank so I figure this is defnitely why the job goes to the printer and it spits out that blank page I guess this could be a driver issue I know printer sharing is enabled on the downstairs computer someone help me Please nbsp

A:Shared Printer problem

I'd try uninstalling the driver, then install it like you have the printer locally connected. You willhave to pack the printer down and connect it for the install. After the install and getting the drivers working with a local printer, put the printer back on the original machine. In the properties of the printer on the remote machine, go to the Ports tab. Create a new local port and for the port name, use the full network path to the printer, i.e. \\<computer name>\<printer name>

See if that resolves the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-problem.690837/
Relevancy 50.74%

A new HP color laserjet worked locally and on other computers in the house when first installed in November, 2010. A month later, it stopped working from other computers. The job appeared in the print queue on both the remote computer and the computer with the printer attached via USB. A few minutes later, the job disappeared as if printing was successful. The data light on the printer never blinked.

The Microsoft troubleshooter program that pops up at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314073 (requires XP service pack 3 and dot.net) suggested setting that printer as the default printer on the remote computer. Very much to my surprise, that solved the problem! I see another person with the same experience writing at http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31395309/network-printer-only-prints-if-set-as-default-printer.aspx.

I would sure like to know another solution. It is a real pain having the expensive color printer set as the default.

A:Shared Printer Question

Hi Delphi51 -The M/soft .NET Framework 3.5 may be required on all of these units - Please be sure you have XP SP3 on all the computers in the home network and check for all M/soft updates -Also un/re-install the printer on all those units with problems (if you still have the printer CD) then check for Driver updates -Thank You -EDIT -Sorry but I could not access the Egghead link= Blank page (even though I am a member there)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375259/shared-printer-question/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem printing on a home network The printer Epson Stylus Color D inkjet is connected by USB to a desktop and Shared Problem Printer is also installed as a shared printer on a laptop The network is set up Shared Printer Problem and running properly - the laptop can connect to the internet via Shared Printer Problem the desktop and file sharing between the two Shared Printer Problem PCs operates normally The printer can be seen on both PCs - on the desktop it is set up to share while on the laptop it shows as a shared printer with the icon underlined in yellow When I send a print job from the laptop it appears in the print queue on the desktop with status as printing and owner as guest but the job never prints OS is Windows XP Home SP I have tried the following - Reinstalling printer on both machines Installing latest Epson driver Setting printer to print direct rather than spooling Checking that print spooling service is started and set to automatic at startup None of the above has made any difference - can anyone help please

Make sure the proper port is configured on the remote computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48032/shared-printer-problem/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have two computers connected via a wireless router and adapter. Both computers have A Vista O.S.
The computers are connected since I can get on-line with both. I want to share my printer with the 2nd computer. I checked the share printer box on both computers and installed the printer software on the 2nd computer.
But when I try to use the printer from the second computer I get Msg "Printer off line" The printer works fine on my computer. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and/or what I have to do to use the printer on computer #2? Thank you

Relevancy 50.31%

I have my laptop & desktop both connected to the internet via a wireless router. They are both running XP home. I am currently unplugging my USB printer cable from the desktop, & plugging it into my laptop when I want to print from the laptop. I tried to network the two,but that resulted in corruption of both computers. Both slowed to a crawl & did all sorts of weird things. I used my Ghost images of both computers to restore them. I do not want to attempt networking again! If I plug a USB hub into my desktop, then connect one of the four ports to the printer. Can I then connect my laptop to one of the other four ports to allow either of the computers to use the printer? ( printer sharing enabled on both computers)

A:Solved: hardwiring for shared printer

After a lot of research, I was able to determine that hardwiring two computer into one printer is not possible with standard USB cabling or with a hub. However, A switching device is made especially for this purpose. I was able to purchase one of these on Ebay for about $25.00 complete with cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hardwiring-for-shared-printer.773848/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Windows NT4/SP5 server with 7 shared printers setup for use with Intel NetPort print servers. One of the printers is not visible across the network (TCP/IP) on either Win NT or 95 machines.

The other 6 printers a fine and can be seen in Network Neighborhood etc.

I've checked the permissions on the share & have even set it so "Everyone" should be able to see it, removed the printer & reinstalled & done the usual reboots, but no luck.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a laptop that my assistant uses and I need him to be able to print remotely but after I set it up comodo will not allow the connection. I already set up the shared printer. I am running through a linksys router. Anyone know how I can get comodo to allow this?

Relevancy 50.31%

I just upgraded an XP machine that was my home network shared printer host. I am sharing a USB connected Lexmark Pro 905. Win 7 access to this printer was nearly instantaneous on the XP. I upgraded to a system running Win 8.1 and though printing directly from the Win 8.1 machine is without delay, printing from any of the Win 7 machines is so delayed it's pathetic. When print is selected the printer is scanned to see if it is ready, next when print is executed it has to reconnect with the printer, then print. The delays in getting printed output is so noticeable, I am reaching out to see if a solution to this for Win 8.1 exists. One would expect 12 year newer hardware and software would be at least on par with the old system and Win XP.

A:Slow Shared Printer Printing

Hello welcome to TSF!! What is the make and model of your machine? If custom built what are the specs for the motherboard, gpu, RAM, CPU and PSU? Did it come shipped with XP? The PC might not be compatible with Windows 8 since if the machine was shipped with XP XP has been out since 2001. Not all machine are compatible with Windows 8 specially if there is not enough RAM 2GB or more.

How much RAM is install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/slow-shared-printer-printing-841945.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have a 2 computers connected using a Cisco router and ethernet cables. one of them has a printer connected via USB and this printer is sharerd. Both of them running Win 7 Professional 32-bit OS. I can connect to the shared printer from the 2nd machine, but after a restart, the same printer appears offline.
I have to go to My Network Places, click on the 1st PC's icon and then right-click the printer and click Connect. This re-establishes the connection.
Though this method serves my purpose, I want to get to the bottom of this. Why does the printer show offline each time I restart?
Thanks!

Update #1

Printer ic onnected via USB. Tried setting the PCs to high performance in Power Options, just in case the USB was going into sleep mode.

A:Shared Printer Offline after restart

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling the printer driver then install the new printer driver (downloaded from the Manufacturer's site)?

Another great option - if your router has a USB port you may utilize it for printer sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223197-shared-printer-offline-after-restart.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am having what seems to be a very common issue - Windows computer unable to access a shared printer connected 7 shared XP to Windows a access on printer to an XP Home machine I have tried tried several of the quot fixes quot suggested in this forum but no luck Here is the configuration I have an HP printer connected to an XP Home machine The Windows 7 access to a shared printer on XP printer is shared and I can access it from another desktop XP Home connected to the local network via a cable and a laptop XP Professional connected via a wireless connection I have another Windows laptop Lenovo X tablet where I am having trouble First I can see the computer and printer in the networking section When I click on the printer to access it I get an quot Windows cannot connect to the printer Access is denied quot I have gone through the procedure of installing a printer on a local port using the configuration hostcomputer sharedprintername This allowed me to install the printer and driver The printer show up on my list of device I can print to it from applications - it will move through the printer Windows 7 access to a shared printer on XP queue but nothing will happen on the printer Any suggestions would be welcome thanks David

A:Windows 7 access to a shared printer on XP

Thanks for the reply. I checked all the settings as you suggested. The only one that was not correct was the one to use passwords and user accounts to connect.

When I use the add printer wizard it sees the printer but then gives me the access denied. See snapshot below. Also, I can see all the computer connected the network. When I click on the computer with the shared printer I can see the printer. If I click to connect I get the same error - please see snapshots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/21951-windows-7-access-shared-printer-xp.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there When you first attach a USB Printer to W it will often install as a quot USB Printer quot but you won't be able to set it as default or use it as such You need to actually Manually install your USB printer in most cases Go via Control panel gt devices and either USB or SHARED install To directly Printer Printers gt Advanced Printer setup If your printer isn't specifically listed or even if it is click the Next button Then check To install USB Printer either directly or SHARED add To install USB Printer either directly or SHARED local or network printer with manual settings If you've To install USB Printer either directly or SHARED connected the printer you should be able to use an existing port --- it will start with USBxxxx use that one Now select Windows update to get the list of printers --- could take or mins to get the list Choose your make and model -- install driver and check Set as Default printer Your printer should now be fully working If you want to access a SHARED printer on another machine -- then still add LOCAL printer Choose create NEW PORT add the address of the shared printer e g stoopidxpmachine printer or an IP address printer select again Windows update to get the list and drivers - install -- and you should be fine Cheers jimbo

A:To install USB Printer either directly or SHARED

Thanks Jimbo,

I was having trouble getting my printer to work (don't often use it) and found your post.

It seems to have fixed the problem for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4787-install-usb-printer-either-directly-shared.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've got two Vista Ultimate computers. Both have the same username and password. Same workgroup name.

Password protected sharing is enabled on both.

I shared a folder on computer 1, and added Everyone to the security tab, with full control.

When i try to map the folder from computer 2, I can see computer 1 listed. But when I click on the + next to it, it asks for a username and password (which I did not expect to be necessary since they are both the same user account and password) and when I enter it it says Logon Unsuccessful.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

A:Cannot connect to shared folder or printer

BTW when I connect in the other direction, from computer 1, I can see the shared folders on computer 2 and map the drive. It asked for a login the first time, after that it connects without asking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255164-cannot-connect-shared-folder-printer.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I just formatted my HDD and reinstalled xp pro and all my programs and printers etc Now I have pc's on a home network are hard wired is wireless Since the new installation the nd pc that is hard wired is extremely slow to print to the shared printer Prior to new installation that shared printer very slow Printing to pc used to be slow to print but it did print Printing to shared printer very slow Now it finds the printer on the network etc but when I go to print the printer box pops up and goes through the motions until it says quot Ready to Print quot but nothing happens for ages Any suggestions as to where I start to look BTW the lappy prints fine on wireless The printer is connected to my pc which Printing to shared printer very slow I just did the fresh install on The problem pc is my wife's pc also running xp pro It has found the network printer The problem pc was able to print prior to my fresh install although it was slow This pc is hard wired to the lan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printing-to-shared-printer-very-slow-292847.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I just formatted my HDD and to shared printer very Printing slow reinstalled xp pro and all my programs and printers etc Now I have pc's on a home network are hard wired is wireless Since the new installation the nd pc that is hard wired cannot print to the shared printer Prior to new installation that pc Printing to shared printer very slow used to be slow to print but it did print Now it finds the printer on the network etc but when I go to print the printer box pops up and goes through the motions untils it says quot Ready to Print quot but nothing happens Any suggestions as to where I start to look BTW the lappy prints fine on wireless The printer is connected to my pc which I just did the fresh install on The Printing to shared printer very slow problem pc is my wife's pc also running xp pro It has found the network printer but won't print The problem pc was able to print prior to my fresh install although it was slow This pc is hard wired to the lan

A:Printing to shared printer very slow

Hello lightermanau,

things i like to ask

1 when was the last time you cleaned the insides of the tower /case ?

2 do you use an active spyware program ?

3 do you use a registry cleaner ?

4 do you do updates from the windows updates site / do you use the custom scanner & not the express scanner ?

5 how often do you defrag ?

6 how often do you use disk cleanup?

also check this

now what i need you to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

then get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/printing-to-shared-printer-very-slow-292845.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I don't know if i'm posting in the correct group Bot network and sharing are issues so I only printer - user has one shared access guess I can't be verry wrong I've a netbook win starter and want to print on a printer canon ip attatched to an Vista computer The printer is installed on the netbook and it does work but only one user me can print All other users logged in on the netbook can't The printer shared printer - only one user has access does not resond Filesharing to a nas and to the VistaPC works fine for all users The printer is installed logged in as me on a local port VistapPC CannonPrinter I installed the latest drivers from the Cannon website Even after removing the printer and reinstalling logged in as son has no effect Only user quot me quot can use the printer All my computers are connected to a homenetwork Dlink Dir- The VistaPC wicht has the printer connected has a wired connection Can anyone help me so my son can print too

A:shared printer - only one user has access

Make sure that the printer driver is installed into windows vista computer and is compatible, disable the firewall on the main computer and windows vista computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/116065-shared-printer-only-one-user-has-access.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all I m one of the techs working in a large Win Server domain All our workstations use Windows XP In one location on the network I ve got a workstation with issue Shared in domain printer a local printer attached via USB For some of the other workstations in that phyisical location I want to be able to print to that printer I shared the printer on the workstation that has it then installed that printer on the other workstations as a quot shared network printer quot All this of course had to be done as local Administrator However when my users log in with their domain accounts they can t see the shared printer that I set up using the administrator account A friend says that is just how it works in Windows XP and that the only way around it is to buy a small print server box Is he right I would hate to do this since this situation is going to be replicated about times in other locations on my network domain Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

My desktop PC has Windows bit and my laptop has Windows bit I have two printers connected to my desktop I am setup for a home network and my modem and router issue shared print printer won't are connected to my desktop I have my desk top set up to share file and my printers are set up to share Everything was working fine up until the last shared printer won't print issue or days When I'm on my laptop I can access my files on the desktop but now I can't print From my laptop it will see my printers but when I try to print I get all kinds of message Sometimes it says that the print spooler is not running and shared printer won't print issue I know it is Other times it will ask for a user name and pass word but I never did use a pass word Besides when I set up file and print sharing I disabled using a pass word There are about different messages that I get telling me that it won't print If I just right click on the printer icon and select quot connect quot I still get the messages I re installed the latest drivers for my printers I refreshed the print spooler in services I ran virus scans and system scans I reset my router by un-connecting and re-connecting But it still will not print The only way I can print is to send the file to my desk top and print from there Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on

A:shared printer won't print issue

I finally found the problem and was able to fix it. I discovered that Simple File Sharing had to be enabled and for some reason on my desktop it was disabled. So I went into the registry and enabled it. I have no idea how it got disabled, but that was the problem. I might drink an extra bottle of beer tonight to celebrate. I think I deserve it.
The way I changed it was to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ForceGuest and change the value from 0 to 1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35500-shared-printer-wont-print-issue.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was able to connect to a shared Samsung with my Windows laptop weeks ago at work access shared anymore Cant printer I haven t been able to connect to this printer since last week When I try to print nothing happens I try to connect to another shared Samsung It looks like its going to connect And then it says that the path is wrong I tried to connect to PC by Cant access shared printer anymore entering the PC name in the Run box Says the path is wrong I am still able to connect Cant access shared printer anymore to these printers via desktop wirelessly My laptop amp desktop where the printer is plugged both have Workgroup as the workgroup name I have Norton Security It found viruses last week which I cleaned And I am connected to the internet when I try to connect to these shared printers I have some ideas Like changing the workgroup name of the laptop Trying to connect by creating a local port Installing the drivers and then trying to connect Anyone else has anymore ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-shared-printer-anymore.1068120/