Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire 5733 won't use Logitech h390's mic, but picks up sound, won't detect voice on any mic.

Q: Acer Aspire 5733 won't use Logitech h390's mic, but picks up sound, won't detect voice on any mic.

Alright, as the title explains, my computer won't use any form of headset's mic, like at all. Not even its own built in mic, please halp, and I know not **** about computers, so if you could like, explain in ******* terms, I would be incredibly grateful. It might help that I'm a computer gamer, so this would be awesome if you guys would help me. Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5733-wont-use-logitech-h390s-mic-but-picks-up-sound-wont-detect-voice-on-any-mic.194573/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire 5733 won't use Logitech h390's mic, but picks up sound, won't detect voice on any mic.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.89%

Had big problems. Got software restore. Can't start from disc. Changed boot order, nothing. f8, f10, f12,got my no where. Won't start in safe mode. I don't have the options that the instructions with the discs say I should have. Here are my options:

1. IDE1: Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD10RS
2. IDE0: WDC WD5000BPVT=22HX2T1
3. Network Boot: LEGACY PCI Device

1. Goes to eRecovery and just sticks there with a blue spinning wheel
2. Goes to f8 menu with no option for recovery or repair. When trying to start normally it goes to a blue screen with an error message that is gone to fast to read. Restarts
3. Goes to black screen with some unreadable stuff except for the word "failure". Restarts

I let eRecovery go for about 10 hours and it never booted up. Not sure what to do and tech support is a joke. Please help.

Relevancy 94.6%

hi, my brand new laptop, acer aspire 5733 556G50MNKK, connected to my network, but not with the internet.
can anyone help me with this??

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys Just looking for some help regarding my Acer aspire its only around a year old now and haven't had a problem like this with previous laptops desktops The problem started a few days start acer after aspire 5733 system to fails restore. ago acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. when id forgotton to put the charger in while I was still using it and it eventually shut itself down After putting the charger in and switching it back on all seemed normall until around seconds after turning it on when the screen flashed blue with a lot of writing on which I could not work out then it went straight to the screen where you can either start normally or start acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. using start up repair At acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore. first I pressed start normally which resulted in the blue flashing screen and a restart which took me back to the start normally or start up repair screen Then I pressed start using startup repair which lasted around hours before displaying a recent hardware change might be the problem which isn't the case as ive not replaced any hardware whatsoever I clicked send info to Microsoft for more info but im not sure if that makes a difference or not Anyway I was then presented with a box which had option for start up repair system restore Acer recovery management etc I couldn't perform a system restore as it said I dont have a restore point which I know I definitely created but for whatever reason was not shown I then performed a memory scan from the same screen which restarted the computer and displayed a blue screen and a grey progress bar it said in yellow writing no problems have yet been found after completion system will restart and show results of the scan next time it starts however after it restarted it did not show any results but went straight to the start normally or with start up repair screen after the blue flashing screen I pressed start with start up repair to get back to the screen that showed all the options and it did that in around a minute again telling me a recent hardware change might be the cause I then tried to do everything again several times to no effect so I decided to go into Acer recovery management where I had two options restore to factory settings or restore and retain user files I chose to restore and retain user files as I would like to keep my personal files I couldn't back them up on disk as there was no option to do that and I dont have original back up disks to restore from anyway the restore completed and restarted the machine with no problem and started to run through the initial setup the first screen displaying setup starting services for a good minutes were the screen then goes completely black and all the fans stop and goes completely quiet all would suggest it was switched off if it wasn't for the power light indicating it was still on after a few minutes the fans start spinning again and the screen stays completely black and then returns to the previous screen it was on before and then prestents me with a dialogue box that says windows could not complete the installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation Which I do and the whole process just repeats itself with the dialogue box and restarting like a cycle and is where im up to at this point I will gladly answer any more questions in more detail as I know this a brief explaination Thanks for taking the time to read this and any answers or help regarding this will be much appreciated thanks again guys

A:acer aspire 5733 fails to start after system restore.

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Are you able to boot into Advanced Boot Options at all?

Advanced Boot Options

If so, then try Last Know Good Configuration.

Failing that please refer to this tutorial:

Troubleshoot Windows Failure to Boot

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289732-acer-aspire-5733-fails-start-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello all this is my first post on these forums, and hope you guys can help.

My cousins laptop had some issues with the os, so I installed windows 7 ultimate 64-Bit, but the issue is when I plug it in it will not charge, the battery LED says it is but the battery icon says it isn't.
Or sometimes it says its plugged in (The icon) for only a while then it says its unplugged, once I re plug it it will back to say its charging and then so on.
It actually says its charging and have done the power button hold, the Microsoft ACAPI thing in the Device Manager and nothing works. I have no clue what this is and if there is something that could help.
Thanks for the help and If you need more details feel free to ask.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer aspire 5733 Plugged IN but no charge

Welcome to the forums!

This will check your battery life. How old is this laptop? Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Does the battery charge at all? I mean , even if it says it isn't does it take and keep a charge?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282896-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-acer-aspire-5733-plugged-but-no-charge.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a acer AOA150 running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit can't get the built in mic to work with google
voice works fine with skype. tried downloading acer crystal eye webcam drivers from acer but keeps 
saying plug in your webcam. google works fine with external webcam. can anyone please help with 
this issue 

A:acer aspire one AOA150 builtin mic not working google voice

Hello, From what I have read, you need a Gmail account open in order for the computer to receive an incoming ring. Also, to configure your internal mic click the gear in the upper right corner of Gmail and select Setting. Click the chat tab and under Voice and Video chat should be a drop down box where you can select the internal microphone. If you do not have the drop down box, then you need to install the video plugin.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521141/acer-aspire-one-aoa150-builtin-mic-not-working-google-voice/
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm looking for a driver for built-in Logitech webcam Acer Aspire 5680. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I've tried this: Acer Support - Drivers & Download
Acer doesn't seem to have drivers for Windows 7. The XP/Vista drivers do not work. Windows 7 cannot find the webcam.

Any ideas, folks?

A:Logitech webcam driver for Acer Aspire 5680

I have a different Aspire model but I found that Windows 7 already supported the web cam. It just doesn't have any software to make use of it.

Click on start, then right click on computer, then properties, then click on device manager (top left). Click next to imaging devices and see if there is "USB Video Device" or something similar. If it's there, yu just need some software to use your camera. You can try this out:

Yawcam - Yet Another Webcam Software

You'll need the Javascript runtime environment. If you don't have it, the installer offers to take you to the web page. Once you have Jave runtime installed, you can go back and install Yawcam. It's not hard to figure out, but you'll have to tell it what device you want it to use. I think you have to do it every time, but I haven't played much with it yet. There are other free web cam programs available also. This is just one that I tried to use with the camera to see if it was working.

Don

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43278-logitech-webcam-driver-acer-aspire-5680-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

its actually my dad's lappy..n he want me to install windows 7 in his acer aspire 4736..but when im done installing, it didnt detect the DVD-RW driver at My Computer.. in bios setup also didnt detect..i really dont know how to solve it coz it is PnP rite? someone could help me..

A:Acer Aspire 4736..it didnt detect DVD-RW driver on 7?

Quote: Originally Posted by beaters

its actually my dad's lappy..n he want me to install windows 7 in his acer aspire 4736..but when im done installing, it didnt detect the DVD-RW driver at My Computer.. in bios setup also didnt detect..i really dont know how to solve it coz it is PnP rite? someone could help me..

The fact the Bios doesn't see it, means it's not a win7 problem.

From your story I must assume you didn't install windows from a DVD.

A laptop's DVD drive can be taken out easily.
Try if you can push it further into the laptop.

If that doesn't help, one of several components might be broken.

The DVD drive itself.
The connector at the end of the drive.
The onboard ide controller.

On the bottom of the laptop remove the screw that keeps the DVD drive in place, and take the drive out and push it in again.

If that doesn't help, you would have to buy a new one and hope it's not the onboard controller.

They are not expensive, about 35 euro's, or $ 45.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/26598-acer-aspire-4736-didnt-detect-dvd-rw-driver-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5515
Specs: 3gb ddr2
Amd athlon 2650e
1.60ghz
Ati x1200

I installed the realtek audio drivers for windows vista from the Acer website,
ran them in compatibility mode and still Windows won't detect it. There are also no audio devices shown in the device manager.

A:Acer Aspire 5515 Windows won't detect audio device.

I've even tried the newest realtek drivers from thier website still no dice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/244300-acer-aspire-5515-windows-wont-detect-audio-device.html
Relevancy 73.96%

This is the card detect - network One internal dosen't Acer Aspire netbook which I used at school the past years and when I graduated we were allowed to keep the netbook The default Acer OS was reinstalled which was incredibly slow and had tonnes of bloatware on it so I installed my own copy of Windows using a USB After the install was done there was no network connection so when I went to connect it to my home network it Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card said quot No wireless network devices installed quot which is complete bullshit Its used a wireless network card built into it to connect to the internet every day for the last years I went to connect it to my router through an ethernet cord but it also refused to acknowledge this Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card cord was plugged into it I then tried it with a different ethernet cord which was using my desktop to connect my Xbox to the internet I checked the device manager and there wasn't any tab showing called quot network devices quot However under quot other devices quot it says there is an quot Ethernet controller quot a quot Network controller quot and a quot PCI simple communications controller quot I plugged in a usb wifi adapter which instantly failed to install as the computer couldn't find any driver s but then i inserted the USB adaptor i used for my PC and it installed and connected to the internet I then tried to find drivers for the quot ethernet controller quot but it found none I went to Acer's website and tried to install the Atheros Ethernet driver but it said that it failed to find any compatible hardware I tried to put the small Ethernet adaptor that I had first tried into the computer but now the computer refused to recognise it at all If I could install that driver then it would be acceptable for me to use it with that adaptor plugged in How do I fix this problem

A:Acer Aspire One - dosen't detect internal network card

Try installing the chipset drivers from Acer, that should allow your system to see and install the drivers for other components like your network adapters and card reader, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387974-acer-aspire-one-dosent-detect-internal-network-card.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Big time. I have run the recovery for their back to the box settings. Prior to that used 3 cleaners and shut down WIFI.  The problems remain, can't update Windows, use restore, they are on the NEST thermostat and show as the WIFI. s password even tho' the router is totally unplugged.Any suggestions?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-5733-hacked/td-p/434380/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 73.1%

hi everyone.I have an ACER laptop Aspire 5733 with a 3Gb Ram that I m trying to increase to 8Gb. I bought 2 modules of 4gb each (http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/search/?partid=kvr13s9s8/4).from what I can see on the ACER specs (http://panam.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/2011/Acer/Aspire/Aspire5733/Aspire5733sp2.shtml#sup_5) the max RAM supported is 8Gb.. unfortunately each time I try to insert the 2 new modules, W7 Home premium (64bit) wont load, and keep on getting an error message.. is there something I m missing there?Oli

A:RAM increase aspire 5733

Hello, Do you have the same issue with only one memory module of 4Gb?For information, here is an original memory module of 4Gb: Link.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/RAM-increase-aspire-5733/td-p/463727
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

So I was looking around the Acer site because I can't seem to find the ACC application on my machine (Aspire 5733-6838) and found that there are no App/BIOS/Driver etc., etc. updates since 2013. Are there seriously none for it. I didn't figuer on "no longer supported" after only 3 years. I just want to make sure everything is as current as it can be. Any suggestions besides SlimDriver?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5733-6838-updates/td-p/436305/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I don't know if this is the right location for this question but I did not see my laptop in the list or understand the choices in the select location colum.  I started the recovery and I put in all the disks and I am now at the point where all the disks are out of the laptop and the software and updates are being installed. I got to the screen that says its installing sysprep-factory mode. The progress bar is full and its at 36 of 36 and after where it says installing sysprep-factory mode.... it has these pulsating dots that looks like its still loading info. but its been at this point for about ten hours now,( left it over night) is it frozen or is it posible it takes this long. Thanks for any help.

A:Hi, I am recovering my aspire 5733-6424 using the ...

Did it tell you to take out the last disk before it was completely finished?I would put it back in and see if it helps. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-am-recovering-my-aspire-5733-6424-using-the-recovery-disk-I/td-p/437773
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Acer - G MnkkI bought it back in it came with gb RAM finally decided to add some RAM to it since it has not been RAM working Acer not 5733 performing to well lately I bought this gb RAM http www takealot com kingston-val y PLID Specifications - KVR S S - Type DDR SODIMM- Capacity GB- Speed PC MHz- Size amp Bit M x - Pins pin- Single Rank x - CL VI installed it but Acer 5733 RAM not working when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop I have the free Windows - it originally had Windows I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem It starts says Auto Repair goes to a blue error screen different error messages - Bad memory bad pool header system thread exception not handled and then restarts I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem Acer 5733 RAM not working When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine Am I missing something here Thanks in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-5733-RAM-not-working/td-p/437621/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

I lost the shredder 64 file. I followed the instructions to restore the computer and after it finished it said it would reboot and to wait for the reboot. I did not reboot. There is a message on the screed that says "Setup is starting services" it never goes any farther. I tried the alt F10 and it did not work either. I bought this computer as a reconditioned unit and it worked perfectly until I tried to get the shredder 64 back. I tried putting a rescue disk in the D drive but it doesn't recognize it.

Jeff35

A:Acer 5733 Wont boot

Not enough information to help. Please run this. http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-wont-boot.1140545/
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello!

I have Acer Aspire 5733 notebook. I have searched all over the net XP drivers for wireless adapter Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and couldn't find any. Also tried installing win7 drivers and many other that i digged up but none of them worked. Did anybody had similar problem, or knows how to help me. I know this is win7 forum but I'm out of solutions. Thank you. vendor: 168C; device: 0032. Official Acer website doesn't have xp drivers. Tried manual installation with add hardware but again zero effect. Notebook came with linux mee go.

A:Acer 5733 wireless driver

Free Driver Download for Atheros AR5BWB225 Wireless Network Adapter

Here seems to be a load of drivers, Please ensure your Running 32bit for 32bit drivers.

GoodLuck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/207725-acer-5733-wireless-driver.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed it but when I put on the laptop it gets stuck in an automatic repair loop, I have the free Windows 10 - it originally had Windows 7.I have tried to remove the old RAM and only use the new one but I still have the same problem.It starts says Auto Repair, goes to a blue error screen (different error messages - Bad memory, bad pool header, system thread exception not handled) and then restarts.I initially thought there was a problem with the RAM, I sent it back and got a new one but still having the same problem.When I remove the new RAM everything starts up fine.Am I missing something here?

A:I have an Acer 5733-382G32Mnkk, I bought this 4gb ...

You might be better off populating both slots with a 2x2GB or 2x4GB matched-set arrangements. You also might have better compatibility with crucial ram offerings specific to your particular Acer model. Jack E/NJ  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-5733-382G32Mnkk-I-bought-this-4gb-RAM-Kingston/td-p/437638
Relevancy 70.95%

On wireless, the screen of my brand new Acer 5733 keeps dimming down, no matter what I set the brightness level on Fn+ F3. Seems OK with mains connection, although flickers when connected. help appreciated

A:Acer 5733 screen keeps dimming

There`s probably a timer dimming the display to save power and I`m sure a bit of digging around in the power options will find the setting.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-5733-screen-keeps-dimming.1066052/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I've got a Acer 5733 laptop and it's had nothing but problems.

Whilst under warranty, i returned it to acer for a faulty hard drive. They replaced it.

Once the warranty had expired, it happened again so i replaced the hard drive myself and reinstalled windows. It then happened again, so i assumed that it had been a faulty hard drive that i'd used, so i bought another and installed windows. This one has now also failed.

I'm pretty sure it's not worth fixing again but just wondering if anyone could shed any light on what's causing these issues all the time and whether there's a fix for it? It's been driving me mad!

Or should i just sell it for parts and call it quits?

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 66.65%

I updated the chipset then got the audio drivers from the Acer site didn't work Then I got Realtek drivers from the Realtek site still didn't work The little speaker icon still says No audio output device is installed I tried the Windows Audio Problems Troubleshooter nothing too useful there nbsp I also checked the connections to the board everything seems fine When I ran the Windows Dxdiag test it says under Sound No sound card was found In Device Manager driver it says Device cannot start Error Code while for the Resources tab for it it says This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem plus nbsp The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance I'm afraid I don't even know what a function driver is For the Media Registry Media nbsp nbsp nbsp D E C-E - CE-BFC - BE nbsp there weren't any Lower Filters values listed and for nbsp default it reads value not set nbsp I also noticed under Device Managerr it reads for 'High Definition Audio Controller' under Properties Events Device PCI VEN amp my Aspire 481pt M5 on Acer sound No DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV amp amp amp No sound on my Acer Aspire M5 481pt D was migrated Last Device Instance Id PCI nbsp I don't know what that means 'migrated' the Audio Controller has been listed under 'System Devices' all along nbsp I have spent a lot of time on this so I'm now basically wondering if it is fact my board cpu whatever just failing generally and that I should get a new machine No sound on my Acer Aspire M5 481pt

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/No-sound-on-my-Acer-Aspire-M5-481pt/td-p/435746/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

dear all, good morning,   this morning, a problem with my acer aspire v5 occur.. suddenly the sound playback device is disabled accidently,so the speaker is disabled is anyone know how to enable it again? in the sound playback device options, mentione "no audio device are instaled" anyone could help? thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/sound-problem-acer-aspire-v5/td-p/360687/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

dear all, good morning,   this morning, a problem with my acer aspire v5 occur.. suddenly the sound playback device is disabled accidently,so the speaker is disabled is anyone know how to enable it again? in the sound playback device options, mentione "no audio device are instaled" anyone could help? thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/sound-problem-acer-aspire-v5/td-p/360687
Relevancy 66.65%

I recentry purchased an Acer 4310 running windows vista, i blew a hard drive while running it off a generator withour a surge protector(stupid) I replaced the hard drive and installed windows XP, i downloaded all the drivers to run XP and they all work except i can not get any sound and the computer will not recognise any sound card or audio device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4310-no-sound.626924/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey, I'm a total idiot when it comes to computers so was hoping someone could help?

The sound's completely gone off on my laptop (Acer Aspire 5536), I've checked the sound coming from the speakers - not that much of an idiot obviously- and read some stuff on the internet but nothings worked. I've checked there's a sound card and that its working properly so not sure what else I can check and how to solve the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

A:Acer Aspire Sound Not Working?

Also more information I've only just discovered, the actual computer sounds are working fine like the start-up noise and stuff. Its only when it comes to watching DVDs, YouTube, iTunes etc that theres no noise. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-sound-not-working-576177.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,  Since yesterday, when I plug my headset or earphones, something in jack, the sound is received but a sizzling is constantly present as a radio sound and this is horrible.So if someone know the solution, i take it.  Thanks you very much   

A:Acer Aspire VN7 Sound Problem

Get new drivers at: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers And download the correct driver for your system. Come back if that doesn't work.

First, CALM DOWN and look at my profile picture. Calm? Now post your message. If I helped, a Kudos would be great! Marking as solution will help others as well, thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-VN7-Sound-Problem/td-p/451058
Relevancy 66.65%

hi folksi am having problems with sound when i use display mirroring to my sony bravia tv via bluetooth the pic is ok but the sound is crackly static type noise cound it be this little lappy is not up to the job its ok when i use the play to method in explorer but i have no control off screen size but works fine with sound as i use the sound control on the sound bar i did up the memory to 8gig and the operating system is still on 8.1 i think w10 would kill it (unless you know different lol thanks for any input

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:hi I have a ACER Aspire R3-131T 11.6 2 in 1 sound ...

hi have a 3050 so i surpose that is the problemif i use the play to command it works fine but no control whatsoever on the video or sound settingsbut if i try and use the mirror screen it crackles badly so i guess i am stuck with going into the file folder and use the plat to command no real hard ship so far  unfortunatly sony have removed their software to use just for this  hunted everywhere for it no luck so farthanks for your help

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/hi-I-have-a-ACER-Aspire-R3-131T-11-6-2-in-1-sound-problems/td-p/417952/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

Can anyone offer me some advice with my Acer Aspire V - I have been having some issues nbsp When I got the laptop in it had Windows and a GB hard disk I know that Windows is not officially supported by Acer on this particular model However I updated to Windows earlier this year when it was free and when the Windows upgrad advisor said there were no issues help / driver Aspire Acer V5-571 - SSD help ... Sound nbsp Last week I purchased a GB SSD to put into the laptop to replace thr GB drive The SSD was recognised fine by the BIOS and I have installed Windows on to it However Acer Aspire V5-571 - Sound driver help / SSD help ... I am having issues with a clean install that I did not have on the previous installation of Windows I am having some disk errors in Event Viewer nbsp nbsp nbsp I also noticed that in my previous installation of Windows on here which was uphgraded over my hard disk controller in Device Manager was listed as an Intel SATA AHCI Controller series I think but now it is Standard SATA AHCI Controller so a generic Windows driver nbsp nbsp Is this driver sufficient nbsp Also on my previous Windows - gt Windows install on the GB drive I had nbsp a feature of the Acr Realtek sound driver called Dolby Surround in the system tray in the bottom right - I could right click it and turn it on or off Well I have downloaded the driver from Acer's driver section called Audio Realtek v W x A zip but when I install this on my clean Windows install on the SSD although it installs the Realtek driver it doesn't install the Dolby utility - so I cannot enable the surround sound anymore Any ideas nbsp If anybody has any ideas on the above it would be greatly appreciated I am reluctant to put all my backed up data GBs worth back on the SSD drive yet if there is a problem with it and it's not going to work nbsp Has anybody else had success putting an SSD into this model of laptop nbsp Many thanks nbsp Alex

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-571-Sound-driver-help-SSD-help-Windows-10-clean/td-p/466365
Relevancy 66.65%

My laptop is a Acer Aspire V5-552 PG. Everytime I plug or unplug the power, there's an annoying Beep sound. How do I disable it? I've tried to google, but with no luck. I would rather not disable all the sounds on my laptop, but if there's no other solution, sure.. (I've tried that too, didn't get it to work) I'd Appreciate your help  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-552-PG-Beep-Sound/td-p/462980
Relevancy 65.79%

So recently I noticed that I've been having to hike up my volume more and more. I use to be able to watch various youtube videos at a solid 10, sometimes 15. But recently I've had to crank up the volume all the way to 30 just to hear decently. At first I thought it was the youtube videos, but their volume is at max, and it's not Dolby home theater V4 since I checked to make sure that was on, and I haven't changed any of the profiles on it. Basically nothing has really changed settings wise, and it just started within the last.. month maybe 2.  Any ideas what may be causing it or how to fix it?

Relevancy 65.79%

Was working yesterday today no wifi icon in system tray.Device manager shows no exclamations.Also wifi icon is also gone from system tray.Speaker icon in system tray has an x.When i click on it display "detecting problems" and launches the windows troubleshooter but never fixes the problem. What do you recomend i do first?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-sound-and-wifi-not-working/td-p/442543/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

hi,
I just got the 7540 labtap and my sounds suddenly sounds like an echo or as my friend said, u sound like your in a lion cage, any help to reset this setting would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7540-sound-settings-540086.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I've already written in my U - disassembly guide post that the purpose of opening the chassis was to locate the strange sound which I doubted to be coming out of fan or the HDD It was too strange I was hoping that eventually the new BIOS firmware could eliminate this but nope Here's the synopsis When you start the AIO there's almost no noise at all Then after a few - Aspire U5-710 crackling sound Acer cooling fan minutes of work when it heats up it starts to make crackling noise every seconds The periods vary There is no certain pattern When it heats up more the sound disappears and does not Acer Aspire U5-710 cooling fan crackling sound show up again until the temperature is low enough to stop the chassis fan In this case it might come up again But usually doesn't What it turned out to be By default BIOS is set to control the fans' RPM Otherwise you get the jet plane taking off noise And no crackling problems at all I disassembled it started from Live USB to eliminate the possible OS drivers effects started AIDA stress test and watched the temperature rise We have fans on the back of the AIO As you look at them the right one is recognized as CPU fan the left one - is the chassis one They are connected to separate connectors on the MB The CPU fan is rotating all the time gradually increasing its speed but no discomfort its noiseless while rotating at relatively slow speeds When CPU temperature exceeded somewhat around the system decides to start the chassis fan and does this in very unusual way As I see it BIOS gives power to the chassis fan it starts spinning spins for second BIOS stops giving power considering maybe that at given temp this is enough the fan continues to spin inertially and while it hasn't yet stopped -BIOS again gives power and here is where we get the awful sound After some time as the temp rises on and the chassis fan starts to spin uninterruptedly and then no disturbances at all It's almost silent You can see at the charts attached the whole thing The chassis fan start-stop issue is clearly seen at the screenshot then it comes stable the blue-grey line Compare it to the temp chart below The main stress-test section is - This is the video of the whole thing with sound https youtu be uDtQ TMxB I believe this is totally a soft firmware BIOS bug The only thing we need to eliminate the sound is to correct the voltage power amount to the chassis fan so that it does not stop once started spinning and continues at the slowest speed Either way - not starting and stopping all the time until reaching some border where it starts to spin continually The other way of solving this problem may be by connecting parallelly the chassis fan to the CPU fan As both are quite silent it won't be any trouble but this will involve some light surgery to the AIO PC I now address the ACER engineers - please tell if it is possible to solve the issue which seems not so hard to eliminate with BIOS upgrade only If so please fix the bug in the next BIOS firmware upgrade which is totally necessary now Otherwise please tell me any way to solve the issue as it annoys me seriously nbsp Anyone any thoughts Does someone have anything like it nbsp

A:Acer Aspire U5-710 cooling fan crackling sound

Hello, I understood your issue but there is a weird thing. If you compare both curves, the temperatures of the system and cpu don't "reflect" the fan system speed (between the red lines):  My first thing was the temperature hysteresis (E.g. +/- 2C). That would mean the starts and stops of the fan.Have you tried disabling the smart fan option (full speed) in the bios setup utility?Do you know SpeedFan? I often use as a diagnostic tool about the fan issues.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-U5-710-cooling-fan-crackling-sound/td-p/443235
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm no computer genius, but I knew that having unused programmes on my laptop can't be helping my running speed etc, so in a bid to be quicker I decided to have a clean up.
I went into my add/remove programmes and got rid of a few things...

- MSN messenger
- Adobe Photoshop
- And a few other things I deemed unnecessary.

After that I had no sound. I tired a system restore, nothing, and I've been on the acer website and downloaded the audio driver, still nothing.
I'm running XP, as I tried vista and my laptop didn't take to kindly to this upgrade.

So any help would be very much appreciated. I'm not a major rush, so if it take a week or so of process of elimination I honestly don't mind, its just terrible sat with a silent laptop.

Thanks a lot, Eleanor.

A:No sound on Acer Aspire 5100 series

No sound?

Are you sure you installed the correct audio driver ?
I use, a free program from 'Drivereasy.com' It will scan yout PC and get the right drivers for you. But its a good move to uninstall the old one in 'Device Manager' first
Any chance you have just muted the speakers ? ( left click on the speaker in the taskbar and push the marker up to about 15).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-acer-aspire-5100-series.153250/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I recently got handed down my dads old laptop as he got a new one Ive been doing recording through a mixer with fruityloops Sound recording was fine for the first while or i didnt notice anything Then i started to notice that in the recordings some parts lagged slightly Later while i had my speakers on very high i noticed something very odd I had no programs running Issue Aspire Sound Acer 5000 yet my laptop was giving off a heartbeat Every few second it would go buthump i dont know why Then in fruityloops i looked at the monitor on the mixer When i had sound input every few seconds it would max out the monitor this being the buthump Im assuming that this maxing out of the monitor was causing the sound lags in the recordings I would really like to know what this noise Acer Aspire 5000 Sound Issue is and how to get rid of it Whether it will be as simple as wiping the computer or whether i should invest in a new one It might also help to know that i blew the speakers on the laptop listening to a very bassey track at a very high volume and ive been using portable speakers instead im not sure if the bathump was there before i blew the speakers if it was i didnt notice it Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Acer Aspire notebook -Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K RA -ACPI Uniprocessor PC -SiS M GX video card -AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- -Realtek AC Audio thats just copied from the hardware profile thing in my computer im a noob i dont know much else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5000-sound-issue.670515/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi people! I need help  because right after I changed my ram inside my laptop. Of course, i connected everything even its cables...and right after bootup. My speaker just plays a crackling noise. And whenever I use my earphones, it can play whatever media I have, yet the speaker is still playing the crackling noise please help my laptop is E5-551G-F57K

A:Acer Aspire E15 speaker crackling sound

Correction: tapping sounds. Not crackling sounds

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-speaker-crackling-sound/td-p/466907
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just bought an Acer Aspire T - Which was totally mis-sold to me as a high end gaming PC After explicitly asking hardware making T3-710 Acer Aspire My D/C sound will this PC play the latest titles and is the GTX GPU up to the task PC world is full of nKnow nothings don't bother asking their advice My Acer Aspire T3-710 making D/C hardware sound they obviously are paid to occupy the section they work in but have knowledge about PC's Too the point of my post I am getting an intermittent disconnect hardware sound Same sound as if you were taking out a USB device and reconnecting There are only the mouse and keyboard plugged in to the USB portsas when I purchased the tower it came with a keyboard and mouse wireless but it didn't supply the USB receiver for them So they are totally useless I had to use some old pre-historic Microsoft wired board nbsp So as you can imagine at the moment I am a little peeved with the service I have received In conclusion where can I get the Wireless usb receiver for this moused keyboard set and what is this darn bedoink sound that is plaguing me I don't expect this from a brand new PC Any help on this will be greatly appreciated nbsp Best wishesZoo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-T3-710-making-D-C-hardware-sound/td-p/442319
Relevancy 65.79%

My sound works all fine when playing music etc from the laptop but when I am using Internet for Youtube or Skype it sounds like Donald Duck. In Skype the other part hear and see me well but I am unable to fix why all Internet sounds are so bad.

I have >8MB/s on both up and downlink. Any idea from someone? I have tried all I can think of. Is it due to only 1 GB RAM? But video is OK in skype…

A:Acer Aspire One Internet sound is crap

i fought this for 3 weeks, then found this solution. sound plays like a dream now. dont really play much music on my AA1, but when windows boots and it sounds like a chainsaw, i search for a solution.

http://winhlp.com/node/10

did this on 2 customers brand new AA1 from wal-mart, they think im a genius!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-internet-sound-is-crap.794085/
Relevancy 65.79%

i have an acer aspire 6930g with win7 ultimate 64bit and i have all the sound drivers installed but when i am playing a game specified Command & Conquer Zero hour the sound is very bad ... i have sound bad is in low quality...can you help me what is the problem the game my pc the drivers ...because when i am getting out of the full screen and opens the WMplayer it plays good...thanks you very much

A:Acer aspire 6930G sound prob

Since this apparently (from your post) is a game related issue and everything else is OK, repost this on the gaming section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/150107-acer-aspire-6930g-sound-prob.html
Relevancy 65.79%

When Vista started for the very first time it played its little sound, but since that i haven't heard a peep from it. No idea why. Any ideas?

Device Manager says everyhing is working fine.

A:No sound on brand new Acer Aspire 5920

Check in windows sound manager if everything is ok. As example if the sound is on or enough volume selected or it has not been muted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-brand-new-acer-aspire-5920.110931/
Relevancy 65.79%

Got my 5672WLMi last week and out of the box the sound worked fine on boot. But the minute I started playing a game or a media file it starts breaking up and stays that way. I work in IT so did the following things:

Updated to the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers
Uninstalled and re-installed the sound device
Updated to latest Bios
Restored to factory settings
Clean format and re-install of XP Pro SP2

None of these worked. Could it be a hardware problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-bad-sound-on-new-acer-aspire-5672wlmi-laptop.473728/
Relevancy 65.79%

Was working yesterday today no wifi icon in system tray.Device manager shows no exclamations.Also wifi icon is also gone from system tray.Speaker icon in system tray has an x.When i click on it display "detecting problems" and launches the windows troubleshooter but never fixes the problem. What do you recomend i do first?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-sound-and-wifi-not-working/td-p/442543
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I've already written in my U - disassembly guide post that the purpose of opening the chassis was to locate the strange sound which I doubted to be coming out of fan or the HDD It was too strange I was hoping that eventually the Aspire sound crackling U5-710 fan Acer cooling new BIOS firmware could eliminate this but nope Here's the synopsis When you start the AIO there's almost no noise at all Then after a few - minutes of work when it heats up it starts to make crackling noise every seconds The periods vary There is no certain pattern When it heats up more the sound disappears and does not show up again until the temperature is low enough to stop the chassis fan In this case it might Acer Aspire U5-710 cooling fan crackling sound come up again But usually doesn't What it turned out to be By default BIOS is set to control the fans' RPM Otherwise you get the jet plane taking off noise And no crackling problems at all I disassembled it started from Live USB to eliminate the possible OS drivers effects started AIDA stress test and watched the temperature rise We have fans on the back of the AIO As you look at them the right one is recognized as CPU fan the left one - is the chassis one They are connected to separate connectors on the MB The CPU fan is rotating all Acer Aspire U5-710 cooling fan crackling sound the time gradually increasing its speed but no discomfort its noiseless while rotating at relatively slow speeds When CPU temperature exceeded somewhat around the system decides to start the chassis fan and does this in very unusual way As I see it BIOS gives power to the chassis fan it starts spinning spins for second BIOS stops giving power considering maybe that at given temp this is enough the fan continues to spin inertially and while it hasn't yet stopped -BIOS again gives power and here is where we get the awful sound After some time as the temp rises on and the chassis fan starts to spin uninterruptedly and then no disturbances at all It's almost silent You can see at the charts attached the whole thing The chassis fan start-stop issue is clearly seen at the screenshot then it comes stable the blue-grey line Compare it to the temp chart below The main stress-test section is - This is the video of the whole thing with sound https youtu be uDtQ TMxB I believe this is totally a soft firmware BIOS bug The only thing we need to eliminate the sound is to correct the voltage power amount to the chassis fan so that it does not stop once started spinning and continues at the slowest speed Either way - not starting and stopping all the time until reaching some border where it starts to spin continually The other way of solving this problem may be by connecting parallelly the chassis fan to the CPU fan As both are quite silent it won't be any trouble but this will involve some light surgery to the AIO PC I now address the ACER engineers - please tell if it is possible to solve the issue which seems not so hard to eliminate with BIOS upgrade only If so please fix the bug in the next BIOS firmware upgrade which is totally necessary now Otherwise please tell me any way to solve the issue as it annoys me seriously nbsp Anyone any thoughts Does someone have anything like it nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-U5-710-cooling-fan-crackling-sound/td-p/443235/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just bought an Acer Aspire T - Which was totally mis-sold to me as a high end gaming PC After explicitly asking will this PC play the latest titles and is the GTX GPU up to the task PC world is full of nKnow nothings don't bother asking their advice they obviously are paid to occupy the section they work in but have knowledge about PC's Too the point of my post I am getting an intermittent D/C Aspire hardware T3-710 sound My Acer making disconnect hardware sound Same My Acer Aspire T3-710 making D/C hardware sound sound as if you were taking out a USB device and reconnecting There are only My Acer Aspire T3-710 making D/C hardware sound the mouse and keyboard plugged in to the USB portsas when I purchased the tower it came with a keyboard and mouse wireless but it didn't supply the USB receiver for them So they are totally useless I had to use some old pre-historic Microsoft wired board nbsp So as you can imagine at the moment I am a little peeved with the service I have received In conclusion where can I get the Wireless usb receiver for this moused keyboard set and what is this darn bedoink sound that is plaguing me I don't expect this from a brand new PC Any help on this will be greatly appreciated nbsp Best wishesZoo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-T3-710-making-D-C-hardware-sound/td-p/442319/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Acer Aspire Laptop 7740. Recently the sound stopped working. After I checked all the usual venues in the computer, driver updates, sound switches, etc. I still could not get sound out. Every indication says the sound is working. But I do not hear anything from any source. Any help would be most appreciated. I am not very technically trained so please go easy on the technical stuff!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-7740-Recently-the-sound-just-stopped/td-p/453581
Relevancy 65.79%

Got my 5672WLMi last week and out of the box the sound worked fine on boot. But the minute I started playing a game or a media file it starts breaking up and stays that way. I work in IT so did the following things:

Updated to the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers
Uninstalled and re-installed the sound device
Updated to latest Bios
Restored to factory settings
Clean format and re-install of XP Pro SP2

None of these worked. Could it be a hardware problem?

A:Help! Bad sound on new Acer Aspire 5672WLMi Laptop

I'm guessing that you mean that the sound is "Stuttering"???

If so, the moat probable cause is that the "LOAD" that the game puts on the Laptop is too much for it to process the sound properly. In normal laptops the sound and video are onboard units (size issues). So, when doing heavy processing, the onboard units are impacted negatively.

Most lappies are not for gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-bad-sound-on-new-acer-aspire-5672wlmi-laptop.473729/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I hope someone can help I have an Acer Aspire One re Aspire No One - help Happy : Please 2DQuu sound ? ACER Happy netbook that was intended for my daughter - when I bought it second hand it had no sound an x over the volume icon in the system tray and when I hover the cursor above it it states No Audio Output Device is installed According to the Device Manager in Control Panel the driver is up to date yet there is a yellow exclamation mark next to Realtek HD Audio I updated the BIOS to latest version thinking it may help Well it kinda does as when I accidentally pressed a key while there I heard an audible beep I did it again same Not being a total noob Just mostly one I have taken out the entire mobo nothing LOOKS wrong sound card is seated fine I have disconnected and reconnected the audio cables etc I really don t want to lose out here because this Please help re : ACER Aspire One - Happy 2DQuu No sound ? little netbook is much better than her old ZG I ve never had problems with Acer or Realtek before does anyone have any insight on this I was thinking maybe an IRQ conflict if I can hear beeps in BIOS Could I possibly somehow gain Please help re : ACER Aspire One - Happy 2DQuu No sound ? access to audio for the OS from wherever the BIOS gets it from Please help re : ACER Aspire One - Happy 2DQuu No sound ? I really would be grateful for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JE PT Antivirus Avira Desktop Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I am having an issue with the sound on my laptop. It will play videos and music, but at some point the sound just....freezes. It is like when a CD has a scratch and it plays the same two words over and over again. Most of the time the screen is not frozen and I can click to exit out or shut the computer down. The sound, however, does not stop when I shut it down or unplug it. It only stops when I remove the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 5100 Sound Problem

I have an Acer Aspire 5332 and this used to happen to me but when it used to happen I would open up task manager, go to processes and find explorer.exe, then I would click it click end process then go to the applications tab and click new task, then just type in explorer.exe this fixed it for me and it happened for a while but went away on it's own. Hope this helps you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-sound-problem.195295/
Relevancy 65.36%

as mentioned in the subject, the machine is acer aspire e5-532g, os: windows 8.1.there is no sound from the built-in speakers. they are the default device, and are not muted. i have uninstalled and re-installed the driver several times, used the driver from the resource cd that goes with the notebook, downloaded it from the realtek website and from the acer website, and still no sound. however, if i connect an external speaker (a stereo cd player) it plays the sound.the notebook is brand new, so obviously i had no time to break it any clue, fellows? been struggling with this for 3 days, read tons of forums and still cant figure out whats wrong

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer aspire e5-532g. no sound from built-in speake...

Since the notebook is new I'd guess the speaker wire connector on the motherboard has come loose, or the wires were pinched during assembly. If you are new enoough, just swap it out with your vendor. If it's a little too late for that, contact Acer support and they'll repair it for you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/acer-aspire-e5-532g-no-sound-from-built-in-speakers/td-p/444032
Relevancy 65.36%

I re-installed windows xp home on my Acer Aspire T300 and now i cant get any sound. I have downloaded the Audio XP file from the Acer website but I still cant get the sound to work. Every time i go to click on Volume Control it comes up with a messsage that says "There are no active mixer devices available.To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel click printers and other hardware and then click add. this program will now close.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am having an Acer Aspire 1680 notebook with an AC'97 compatible soundcard apparently from Conexant, however unfortunately Windows 7 does not seem to recognise it automatically. I can install the XP drivers successfully but then all playback is stuttering and laggy. I also searched for Vista AC97 drivers respectively Vista Conexant drivers but they all do not appear to be compatible.

Does anybody know whether there is a working driver for Windows 7? Thanks very much.

A:Acer Aspire 1680 sound card not recognised

Hey,

I had exactly the same issue with my Aspire 1692. For me this HP Driver * worked. Though, since the automatic Setup didn't work, I had to add the Driver manually.

Hope that helps!

killercat

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/1409-acer-aspire-1680-sound-card-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Guys I'm currently facing some issues with my Acer Aspire T laptop Windows Ultimate bit Currently the sound on the laptop does not work at all The playback device I am currently using is ' WsAudioDevice S ' I have tried everything to try and fix the issue and no solution has come up to fix it Sometimes when Sound Aspire at 4830T not working Acer all Laptop on i boot up the laptop playback device appear on startup This is called Conexant High Definition audio driver but it is only available sometimes and doesn't even appear on the playback devices section I have tried going to device manager but it doesn't even appear there as well As well as this I have tried to reinstall it by using the Acer eRecovery tool which allows me to install default driver for my laptop However every time I try to Sound on Acer Aspire 4830T Laptop not working at all install the Conexant High Definition audio driver it says 'could not find the device for this driver' Has anybody got an idea of how to fix this BTW I also tried installing other sound drivers like Realtek HD audio but it just said the same thing This is what my Device manager screen and my playback device screen is currently showing

A:Sound on Acer Aspire 4830T Laptop not working at all

Conexant is correct according to Acer, what you have is wrong and I'm not sure how it got there.

If there is no direct hardware driver installed (e.g. Conexant) Windows will install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio Device. This system should also have HDMI Audio (Possibly Intel HDMI Audio).

Suggest you uninstall the WsAudio Device, in the Device Manager. In the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the WsAudio entry to highlight it and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Also check the box to uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts, assuming there is no hardware problem, Windows should install the High Definition Audio Device. This is not a full featured sound driver but should give you PC speaker sound. If this works OK you can then install the Conexent driver (what is listed on the Acer site for this model).

Download Drivers and Manuals | Acer Official Site

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372996-sound-acer-aspire-4830t-laptop-not-working-all.html
Relevancy 65.36%

as mentioned in the subject, the machine is acer aspire e5-532g, os: windows 8.1.there is no sound from the built-in speakers. they are the default device, and are not muted. i have uninstalled and re-installed the driver several times, used the driver from the resource cd that goes with the notebook, downloaded it from the realtek website and from the acer website, and still no sound. however, if i connect an external speaker (a stereo cd player) it plays the sound.the notebook is brand new, so obviously i had no time to break it any clue, fellows? been struggling with this for 3 days, read tons of forums and still cant figure out whats wrong

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer aspire e5-532g. no sound from built-in speake...

Since the notebook is new I'd guess the speaker wire connector on the motherboard has come loose, or the wires were pinched during assembly. If you are new enoough, just swap it out with your vendor. If it's a little too late for that, contact Acer support and they'll repair it for you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/acer-aspire-e5-532g-no-sound-from-built-in-speakers/td-p/444032/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently bought a an Acer Aspire 3050 laptop on Newegg. It came with Vista Home. I had planned on installing Xp Pro on it from the get go. I formatted and installed Xp. I managed to find all the right drivers except for the sound card driver. I got on acer's website and the only one they had that was even close was the RealTek Audio Driver v5.10.0.5273 which is for the Aspire 5050. I installed that and it worked, but the sound level is very low. All the levels are maxed out in all the properties and everywhere else i could find. I think it is a driver issue, but i am not sure. Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Trouble with sound on Acer Aspire 3050 notebook

i checked the Acer site - that appears to be right driver you've downloaded....what output device are you using for sound playback?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-sound-on-acer-aspire-3050-notebook.606552/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I cant get the sound to work under windows 7 ultimate 64 on my notebook acer Aspire 7738G and I have tryed the driver from the support site but i wont wok or just did somsing wrong

A:No sound windows 7 ultimate 64 acer Aspire 7738G

Is this the drivers you downloaded:

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58301-no-sound-windows-7-ultimate-64-acer-aspire-7738g.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Long story short I got the famous Acer Black Screen of Death Found out that the problem was that it has the corrupted bios Looks like it can be only recovered with Fn Esc thingy nbsp Ok I got the laptop with DOS loaded when it came nbsp But I'm pretty sure that it has nbsp UEFI not the legacy BIOS nbsp The thing is I tried to put the xx version sound Recovery Acer beep E1-531 Crisis Aspire nbsp Q WV X fd file and try that Fn Esc thing it beeps for times and restarts Acer Aspire E1-531 Crisis Recovery beep sound the laptop That's it It stays on forever nbsp I also tried to put the xx version nbsp Acer Aspire E1-531 Crisis Recovery beep sound Q WV X fd file and tried the same It resulted same with that beeps and restarts nbsp Doesn't matter which version of fd file I put in I tried every BIOS that is listed on E - product page Same result nbsp And the other thing is the memory is working super fine I tried it on another laptop and ran the Mem test and it's good Also I pulled out the CMOS battery for mins then I thought it'd reset but it didn't I tried the CMOS shorting method No result too nbsp Help me out here I feel like I gave all the enough details

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-Crisis-Recovery-beep-sound/td-p/428215/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Well, I've got a problem with my second laptop, acer aspire e15-551P. After I upgraded my windows to 10, voice totally disappeared also sound card cannot be found. Already downloaded and installed all available drivers from acer site. Still doesnt work, any idea how to fix it?

A:Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34136-sound-card-cannot-found-acer-aspire-e5-511p.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've owned my Acer Aspire 3820TG for one and a half years now, and I think it's great, except for one problem. I can't use my microphone at all. I think the problem started in the middle of August. Whenever I open an application that uses my microphone (Skype, online games, sound recorder etc.), my computer slows to a crawl.

I thought I could be smart about this. I disabled my sound driver (Realtek HD Audio) and reopened all these applications I mentioned. There was no problem at all, so obviously the problem was that sound driver. I went to Acer's website, downloaded the driver and uninstalled the old one. Yet, even after reinstalling, I still have the same problem. Does anyone know what it could be?

A:Sound driver problems on my Acer Aspire 3820TG laptop

Do you know if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista? If you press Windows Key + Pause, it will bring up that information. If you are running 64-bit Windows, you MUST use 64-bit drivers, and vice-versa.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-driver-problems-on-my-acer-aspire-3820tg-laptop-612693.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Has anyone experienced no sound with Windows 7? Running Home Premium 64 bit on an Acer Aspire 5742G. A bit of a search indicates sound issues when people upgrade to 7 from XP etc, but this laptop came with 7 installed already. And there has been sound...sometimes. But more often than not, just no sound.

Troubleshooting doesn't reveal any problems. Apparently everything is "working correctly". So I suppose it could be a hardware fault. Oh and the volume is turned up and not muted

Still under warranty, so gonna go that route, but just wondering if anyone else may have come across this particular issue - and if so, how'd you fix it? I suppose downloading latest drivers could be a solution.

A:No sound with Windows 7 Home Prem. x64 on Acer Aspire 5742G

Does this have an HDMI port? Check the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel playback. Your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device. If you have HDMI and the HDMI is set that would be why you are not hearing any sound on the PC's speakers. Same way if you have an S/PDIF digital output and it was selected, that would disable any speaker sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/198437-no-sound-windows-7-home-prem-x64-acer-aspire-5742g.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Do compatible drivers exist other than conexant high definition audio drivers for an Acer Aspire 5253 (Windows 7)? I am searching for some drivers that have an equalizer software with them. And which is important when searching for drivers my OS or my hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrated-sound-card-acer-aspire-5253-drivers.1107018/
Relevancy 64.5%

i am using win7 ultimate. i am hearing very little or no sound via my PC speakers. however, i can hear sound via headphones.

checked all possible setting as per my knowledge. kindly someone help.

The point to note here is that sound is working perfectly OK in Ubuntu 11.10. so my speakers appear to be OK.

A:No sound through PC speakers but headphones working - Acer Aspire 5336

Are they both the same connecion? If the speakers are USB, see if you can find drivers on the manufacturing website.

Also in case you didnt.. Go to sound in the control panel double click the speakers you have (they should be there) and go to levels. Turn it up there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/193910-no-sound-through-pc-speakers-but-headphones-working-acer-aspire-5336-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone, Lately, I am having a lot of problems with my sound. The sound of my Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-572G-7620 is very low even when I turned it to 100% volume. It has been going on for a few weeks already and today I updated my laptop but it did not help at all. There are no more updates; my laptop is up-to-date. I already checked the settings of my sound and there is no limited output on. The standard is Realtek High Definition Audio (SST). Anyone has a solution for this problem? If you need more information, just ask. Thanks already.. Regards, Redtje

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-VN7-572G-7620-sound-problem/td-p/450758
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an Acer Aspire 4530 Notebook. And once I upgraded to 7 Ive noticed problems with the sound. I have the latest windows 7 Ultimate Drivers 64 Bit for the built in realtek card from the acer website.

This is my problem. Sound works fine. Then When I go to adjust the volume either from the bottom right icon or the dial on the front of the laptop, (Sometimes this happens its not a 100% thing which Is weird) the sound just stops. There are no error messages and or anything you just cant hear anything. And this only happens sometimes. To get it to work again I have to restart a few times or completely power it off.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Windows 7 Ultimate SOund Problems On Acer Aspire 4530

Acer has a new BIOS version for your Notebook on thier support site, the date on the update is 11-17-09. It doesn't say anywhere that I could find just what that update was supposed to fix, so I am not sure if it would help you or not. Flashing a BIOS can be a tricky thing though, you might want to read up a bit if you have never actually done it before. You might try giving Acer support a call and see if they can give you more info on just what that BIOS update fixed before you try anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40138-windows-7-ultimate-sound-problems-acer-aspire-4530-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I ve posted in the potential maleware section but I have run Hijackthis My computer has not been operating irregularly AVG rootkits. picks Hijackthislog. nothing. Killer up up "0/28" picks TDSS but the read-out of AVG is AVG picks up "0/28" rootkits. TDSS Killer picks up nothing. Hijackthislog. concerning in that it picks up quot quot rootkits but officially marks none as quot AVG picks up "0/28" rootkits. TDSS Killer picks up nothing. Hijackthislog. infected quot Running TDSS Killer on the advice of a Best Buy Geek Squad associate has also brought up nothing I am determined to know whether or not this is clean Updating this I ve also downloaded installed and run Malwarebytes The scan there also turned up clean Am I going crazy I ve attached the log to the post Any help is much appreciated in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files NTRU Cryptosystems NTRU TCG Software Stack bin tcsd win exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exe C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system msdtc exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings we become ghosts Local Settings Application Data Goo... Read more

A:AVG picks up "0/28" rootkits. TDSS Killer picks up nothing. Hijackthislog.

Hi, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Shannon and I will be working with you to remove the malware that is on your machine.I apologize for the delay in replying to your post, but this forum is extremely busy.Please Track this topic - On the top right on this tread, click on the Watch Topic button, click on 'Immediate Email Notification', and then click on the Proceed button at the bottom.Do Not make any changes on your own to the infected computer.Please set your system to show all files.Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file typesUncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Now, let's look more thoroughly at the infected computer -We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL Report
Please download OTL from here:Main MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change the "Extra Registry" option to "Use SafeList"Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them into your reply:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERENext, please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".Once you have the above logs, click on the Add Reply button below, copy in the contents of the two OTL logs and the RKU log. Also include any comments that you might have concerning the infection(s) and the infected computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409391/avg-picks-up-028-rootkits-tdss-killer-picks-up-nothing-hijackthislog/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, my mic suddenly stopped picking up sounds when I woke up. I didn't shut down the computer or install any updates during the night. The mic is recognized but can't be heard.

So far I've tried using a different mic, restarting the computer, using the mic port on both the back and front of the pc, reinstalling realtek audio drivers, using standard windows audio drivers and it all ends up the same with the mic being recognized but no sound is being picked up.

The only thing I can tell that is different from before is that I have this thing called "Stereo Mix" in my input devices which wasn't there before. Disabling it does not help.

A:Mic no longer picks up sound.

Stereo Mix is not the problem. Stereo Mix is normally set as the default recording device and then whatever device is used, Mic, Line In, etc can be heard in the speakers and used by any program. If you ever want to record audio from the Internet you need Stereo Mix.

You list an LCD TV as the monitor which means an HDMI output. What happens if you just use the Realtek for speakers or headphones?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/385920-mic-no-longer-picks-up-sound.html
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey Stereo Mix randomly works it randomly does not this is seen in my game recordings Stereo headset) with (possibly sound Mix do to picks up USB no some have no game sound stereo mix It has been a while now without stereo mix sound I havn't changed anything After spending days googling it I think it has something to do with the fact that I have a headset It connects by a bluetooth usb adapter which has its own hub to connect a cable to charge it at the same time as use someone said it's because it has its own sound driver which stops stereo mix My headset is Logitech G but I think its the same for any headset I just want to be able to record sound in games I use shadow play comes with geforce I would also like to be able to record music I need stereomix to hear my computer sound again I tried using Virtual Audio Cable has someone else mentioned but It's just too much work every time to just get a type of stereo mix recording to work Thanks I have windows pro now but I forgot my password and Stereo Mix picks up no sound (possibly to do with USB headset) there is no forgot password button on that forum This bug is in windows too though

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/390253-stereo-mix-picks-up-no-sound-possibly-do-usb-headset.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So i was playing halo 2 pc when i got a voice message. Since i always use my trusty mic headset i click play on the message and it said no playback device detected and i tried fixing it with ingame options but it didn't work! and my browser doesn't either. i tried to record my voice but mic wasnt detected?! and my screen recorder catches it perfectly fine and i can hear my self in the video. Whats happening?!. I tried everything from changing default mic option and other things but it wont work and this happened when i first got this pc up here but i tried this time and it might be another issue.

A:My recorder picks up mic sound but browser and game don't!

No "My System Specs" so we can only guess or offer general suggestions.

The first thing is the Sound Recording Device. Many programs rely on the "Stereo Mix" as the recording device, rather than a specific device. With Stereo Mix set as the default recording device any device that is used, such as a mic, can be heard by other programs. With the Windows Recorder it can use just the mic input.

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel, Recording Section. If Stereo Mix is shown, make it the recording device. If not shown, RIGHT click in a blank area in that panel and then click to show disabled devices and disconnected devices. You should now see Stereo Mix and you can enable it and make it the default recording device.

This solves many of the recording problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/54012-my-recorder-picks-up-mic-sound-but-browser-game-dont.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've attached a screen from control panel.

I do not know why, but my microphone from headsets, despite being detectable, doesn't hear my voice. However, after installing Flash, online microphone tests were able to detect it, but after few minutes it went to its old condition.

I have the latest drivers installed and volume as high as possible (including mic boost). What's interesting, my microphone from webcam works perfectly in system and games, but can't be seen online.

Any solution?

A:Headset microphone doesn't seem to detect voice

You have the LifeCam VX-1000 set as the default recording device. No other device can be heard.

Change the Default Recording Device to the Stereo Mix, then whatever recording device is used it should be heard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362402-headset-microphone-doesnt-seem-detect-voice.html
Relevancy 59.77%

When using* Spelling fail D:

Whenever I use a mic, I get no sound from the mic, instead every sound from a flash video like youtube, is recorded.

My specs are:

Windows XP
(using a non usb mic)
Realtek AC7 audio configeration
Legacy audio drivers

The problem started after i used a restoration disk and lost my sound driver, I downloaded Realtek AC7 and I got sound back on my computer, but I still cannot get my mic to work. It is different from the driver I had before, but I cannot locate it, but I believe it was called Realtek HD audio manager. I spent a lot of time looking but cannot locate it.

What should I do?

(problem isnt with mic itself, it picks up flash video sounds even when mic is not plugged in)

Relevancy 59.77%

I got a new headset yesterday, and it works great for the most part. However, when NVIDIA ShadowPlay is running, when I'm in a Skype call, or when I'm connected to a TeamSpeak 3 server, whatever my microphone picks up (i.e. my voice) is played through the headset's speakers.

It's really annoying to deal with and makes it harder to speak smoothly. I've made sure that "listen to this device" is unchecked in the Recording Devices section of the Sound menu.

Any help? The headset is a Logitech H540, but it uses default Windows drivers for USB headsets.

A:Headset speakers play whatever sound the microphone picks up

How to Manage Playback & Recording Audio Devices in Windows 7 :: TinyHacker

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/330637-headset-speakers-play-whatever-sound-microphone-picks-up.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I purchased Logitech Z313 speaker system, which is suppose to be a plug and play but my computer doesn't detect it. I have a dell computer and the speakers was connected on my monitor. My monitor quit and so I purchased a Acer monitor and have been using it for about 9 months and now decided I wanted sound and purchased the speakers. But it is not being detected. Help please.

A:doesn't detect logitech audio device

What model Dell?

Make sure that you have the speakers connected properly and plugged into the correct audio output jack.

http://www.logitech.com/repository/1.../27251.1.0.pdf

Check Device Manager to make sure there are no driver errors.

Check Sound/Audio properties in Control Panel to make sure nothing muted and the correct playback device is selected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/doesnt-detect-logitech-audio-device-617581.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,

I've searched this problem with no luck in finding a solution.

I just upgraded my computer to vista and went to install my logitech setpoint so I can have those awesome keyboard shortcuts for my MX3000, but when I open up my setpoint there is no tab for keyboard.

Only the "My Mouse" tab comes up. The funny thing is my keyboard is functional as I am using it right now to type this!

I tried drivers from both Logitech and two other websites with no change.

Anybody have a clue?

THANKS

A:Logitech Setpoint doesn't detect working keyboard

whats the model ID of the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-setpoint-doesnt-detect-working-keyboard.772671/
Relevancy 57.62%

Yesterday sound), detect detect (ie, active can't no CDs Can't reformat) (ie. can't mixer, my computer randomly started screwing up There is no longer any sound for ANYTHING Can't detect active mixer, (ie. no sound), can't detect CDs (ie, can't reformat) and I've tried all the solutions posted on the net which claims to fix quot no active mixer device quot error message which i am getting when i try to access volume control At this time the CD rom Can't detect active mixer, (ie. no sound), can't detect CDs (ie, can't reformat) was working perfectly After hours i just left it and went to sleep And then the sound worked again the next morning But suddenly the computer restarts itself When it comes back on there is no longer sound Now when i try to just reformat the computer my CD-Rom will not even work properly it isn't the actual fault of the CD but it just won't detect ANYTHING Not even things that worked the night before So now i can't refromat can't get any sound can't read any CDs and randomly the computer restarts itself when the sound starts working and shows blue screen sometimes just as the computer restarts itself so i can't even read what it says like less than a second of blue screen NOTE NO changes were made to anything before these problems started taking place Nod can't detect any viruses either

A:Can't detect active mixer, (ie. no sound), can't detect CDs (ie, can't reformat)

Hello Maldini92

Turn off automatic rebooting
Right-click My Computer / Properties / Advanced / Startup and Recovery/Settings.
Under System Failure, uncheck the Automatically restart check box
You will then get a BSOD with error message which will help identify the problem. This one will stay

Please post the message such as
STOP 0x00000000A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
and any drivers named ( *****.sys)

Also
Right click My Computer / Properties / Hardware / Device Manager.
Look for "Yellow" errors

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-detect-active-mixer-ie-no-sound-cant-detect-cds-ie-cant-reformat-296347.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 55.9%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 55.9%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html