Windows Support Forum

Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

Q: Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

So I m thinking of maybe trying to assemble a pc I want a pretty powerful pc for gaming and video editing and found that the only way that is possible for my price range is to try and do it myself I was looking to build something around or less if possible Now after searching the internet for a bit I found a video on youtube for a video editing gaming rig ULTIMATE Build a Better Gaming amp Silent Workstation PC Computer quot How To quot Guide - YouTube I was build pc editing Want a gaming/video to wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to take down the price a little with some different options that might work just as well I was already think on getting just the ivy bridge i instead of the haswell and maybe a smaller Want to build a gaming/video editing pc SSD Any feedback would be appreciated Oh and here are the specs from the video if you don t want to watch it Intel Core i Want to build a gaming/video editing pc K quot Haswell quot CPU Amazon com Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Desktop Processor GHZ MB Cache BX I K Computers amp Accessories Intel Series GB SSD Intel Series SSDSC CW A K - Newegg com ASUS Sabertooth Z motherboard Newegg com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Fractal Design Define R Fractal Design Define R Black Pearl w USB ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg com GeForce GTX video card Newegg com - MSI N - GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support Video Card WD Green TB hard drive Western Digital WD Green WD EZRX TB IntelliPower MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C - Newegg com Seasonic G Series W power supply SeaSonic G Series SSR- RM W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg com bequiet Dark Rock CPU cooler Amazon com Dark Rock PRO - Prozessork hler Computer Cpu Cooling Fans Electronics Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones Razer Deathadder gaming mouse Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown key Stealth printed mech keyboard ASUS Pro Art Q quot monitor nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

My suggestions:

- Stick with Haswell, newer is always better.
- Stick with the 240GB SSD, a 120/128GB one will fill up very quickly especially when you consider overprovisioning.
- Downgrade the mobo to something like the ASUS Z87-A unless you know you'll need the extra features of the Sabertooth.
- The GTX 780 is obviously the quickest card out there but it is also very poor value for money, you might want to consider downgrading to a GTX 770. Your monitor is only 1920x1200 @60Hz so you might not even be able to notice the difference between those 2 cards.
- Get a 750-850W PSU in case you ever want to add another card in SLI in the future. It's always a good idea to invest in a decent PSU for future upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-gaming-video-editing-pc.194555/
Relevancy 73.53%

I ve been checking out a number of websites to find a new PC primarily for video editing and PC Video High Editing/Gaming End audio mixing recording I also want to get back into gaming as well I found these two PC s supplied by Alienware and Mesh and was wondering which one would High End Video Editing/Gaming PC perform best as a happy medium for this purpose I understand that a -bit processor will make a difference once -bit programming becomes popular but at this present time will it have much effect on the processing speed compared to a similar -bit processor Also will the dual core AMD be able to use both cores simultaneously for one game Here are the two PCs Alienware Intel Pentium Processor w HT Technology GHz MB Cache GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz NVIDIA GeForce GT PCX MB DDR GB Western Digital Caviar SE Serial ATA rpm High End Video Editing/Gaming PC w MB Cache Mesh AMD Athlon X Dual Core GB PC DDR High End Video Editing/Gaming PC Memory MHz x MB nVIDIA GeForce LE - PCI Express - SLI configuration GB Serial ATA MB s Is the Mesh PC going to perform just like a Ghz processor for general applications or will it feel like having two of the processors Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I Q's Editing My Video about Build Solved: have some questions about the build below Intel i core processor w free GB flash drive ASUS P T Solved: Q's about My Video Editing Build Deluxe V LGA Intel X ATX Intel COOLER MASTER Hyper N CPU Cooler Acer X H quot Widescreen LCD Monitor HDMI x G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR x Kingwin mach Modular Power Supply - watt Cooler Maser HAF Full Tower Black Case SAMSUNG Spinpoint TB RPM Solved: Q's about My Video Editing Build SATA- x in RAID configuration SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe x ASUS Xonar DX PCIe Sound Card also has mail in rebate PNY Quadro FX MB Workstation Graphics Card - PCIe x APC BR BLK VA Watts UPS Free Shipping it s lbs Seagate gb HDD Windows Vista Ultimate bundle The purpose of this build is to edit video from the Canon Vixia HF-S video camera mb s video with custom sound and effects I have two big questions Does my PSU have enough wattage to power all this What kind of RAID should I use for this build if any I was thinking about RAID or RAID Will I need any special type of program or is there a good freeware program I can buy that will help my workflow while I duplicate DVD s The idea is to be able to throw a master disk or burn a master file onto DVD with the four DVD drives Do you notice any problems that I am overlooking I see no incompatibilities with this system but I am not the most experienced builder THANKS EVERYONE nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I ve been wanting to build a system for a while and I m kind of nervous because it looks like my first build might be for somebody else lol But I ve done quite a bit of upgrading and replacing components so really the only thing I can think of now that I haven t done is mount the motherboard to the case But I realize there are more for Build Editing System Video things to go wrong because everything is new I don t know much about video editing but here is what I am thinking so far ASUS or Gigabyte motherboard full size likely System Build for Video Editing AMD as I am more familiar with it but if an Intel build looks like a better deal I have nothing against building Intel instead I am thinking at least a Phenom X maybe X I know it needs firewire I think the system might benefit from RAID I m not sure what other features the motherboard needs I m thinking it needs GBs of RAM I told them if they need to save money they might be able to start with but I don t know how much this will effect the video editing performance I know it needs System Build for Video Editing a video card I m more into gaming but from what I ve read gaming would benefit more from a higher end card than video editing I like NVIDIA I ve looked at the GTX but I System Build for Video Editing m not sure if they need a card for this application They definitely need something with HDMI and dual monitor support They want to have at least one blue ray burner They asked about blue ray burners but I told them I m not sure there would be that much advantage to having I m assuming a multi core processor would be capable of burning discs but I told them if that is an issue they might want to consider a separate copier I haven t been doing much burning so I told them I will look into it more I think they are interested in RAID to speed up disc access time if used the correct term there I was thinking the would want a larger hard drive than TB but they asked about smaller drives or multiple partitions because of concerns about slow access I wasn t aware of this issue but maybe it just didn t come up in my gaming I m reasonably sure video editing would be working with larger files so I want this computer to be fast at disk access I would imagine an SSD would help but it might not be practical depending on the hard drive space needed I realize I don t have a budget yet so I wanted to give them what I think they need at a minimum and then if they want to spend more they can They will be primarily using Pinacle Since I don t know much about video editing l would like some opinions if I ve left anything out or maybe something more specific for the motherboard or video card Also if you think blue ray burners is a good idea because I ve never had a system with multiple burners nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-build-for-video-editing.977014/
Relevancy 73.1%

This is where I am on a new system It will be used for surfing the web spreadsheets and the new endeavor of video editing The video editing will be mainly transfering VHS to DVD with quite a bit of editing to trim the unwanted segments Here are the selected components and my thoughts Please feel free to critique advise or bring any other thoughts to this list You cannot hurt my feelings I am so numb after looking for components for six months that I do not think I have any feelings left Case Antec Sonata III Thoughts Has plenty of expandability W Earthwatts PSU should be more than adequate Do not like the front door but can remove mm fan another mm fan should keep it cool Front eSATA port Washable filter requires pulling case Video Editing System New Build out to remove filter The price for the case with PSU is much lower than any other combination Case cooling fan Antec -speed mm Motherboard ASUS P K-E WIFI-AP LGA P ATX Intel Thoughts Has plenty of SATA ports Do not know where the Sonata front eSATA plugs into the motherboard CPU Intel E FBS Ghz MB New Video Editing System Build Cache HS Fan RAM Super Talents DDR GB Thoughts This is an area where I understand the CPU and RAM are performance points to consider for the video editing Will this perform okay Optical Drive- Lite-On X SATA with Lightscribe Thoughts Includes an abridged version of Nero Optical Drive- Lite-On X SATA without Lightscribe Thoughts I have read the suggestion to buy different DVD drives to get different softwares I probably will not spend the extra for the Lightscribe discs Everyone has their favorites For the this seems a good choice Video Card EVGA GT MB Thoughts My understanding is that for video editing the video card is not a major consideration My original pick was the GTS but was told that was overkill for editing Video Capture Input Card Win TV HVR Thoughts It has the audio and video line-in inputs in addition to coaxial input I might want to record over-the-air digital programming in the future Monitor Undecided Thoughts My understanding is that whatever the quot native quot resolution of the monitor the video card should support it I do not like round images to not be round I would like more desk space but I like the clear text image of the CRT Harddrives I already have Seagate GB drives recieved as a Christmas present from my kids If I have left anything out or you have suggestions please let me know This has been much more difficult that the last build in Thank you very much for any and all comments nbsp

A:New Video Editing System Build

RAM is pretty important in video editing, I would get at least 2GB. I would also get an LCD monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-video-editing-system-build.685647/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello folks I am looking for some input regarding a PC build geared toward video editing It is based on the build outlined by the VideoGuys I have built normal for Video PC Editing Regarding Input Build a PC s in the past but nothing this robust Would really appreciate someone Input Regarding a PC Build for Video Editing with more experience having a look and making any suggestions for changes you think would help I am trying Input Regarding a PC Build for Video Editing to keep this in the area of to The aspects of the build that I need to work out are following how to set up Raid Storage drives inside the tower rather than going with the external unit below Is it best to go x TB drives or x TB drives Also what type of controller is best for speed Whether to go with the Antec Mid Tower or Full Tower case and what type of cooling accessories to purchase Compatibility of all the parts and the Power supply - is this large enough To go with an SSD for the boot drive or have the extra storage a normal TB rpm drive will provide Video cards -- just too many options it seems While I am careful at assembly I am sure my questions show that there are large gaps in my knowledge of this type of system Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model CT M SSD Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock - Instant EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardModel -P - -ARItem N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardModel -P - -ARItem N E Return Policy VGA Replacement Only Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant Antec Nine Hundred Two V Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming CaseModel Nine Hundred Two V Item N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant ASUS P X PRO LGA Intel X SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOSModel P X PROItem N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti - Cores Fermi Classified Ultra MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Model -P - -KRItem N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Model CP- -NAItem N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn StockMail in Rebate Card - Instant Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge-E GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX i Model BX i Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return PolicyIn Stock G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL Q- GBXLModel F - CL Q- GBXLItem N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return PolicyIn Stock G-Technology G-SPEED Q TB RPM Mac Storage Model G Model G Item N E Out Of Stock Pioneer Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner BDR- MBKModel BDR- MBKItem N E Return Policy Standard Return PolicyIn Stock Microsoft Windows Professional SP -bit - OEMModel FQC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return PolicyIn Stock nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hey all just looking for critiques and suggestions on my build I ll be using the computer for heavy photo editing Adobe CS video editing HD video playback and some graphic intensive gaming BF RAGE mostly FPS I want to focus the costs towards CPU GPU and RAM and not worry so much video/photo Photoshop/HD editing build about HDDs CD DVD drives network cards aesthetics sound etc I do not overclock so I won t be needing tons of cooling I m open to suggestions for anything especially if it lowers the price Case Antec Three Hundred Illusion Case Mobo ASUS P P LE REV ATX Intel CPU Intel Core i - K GHz LGA W GPU SAPPHIRE Radeon HD RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM PC PSU Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W HDD HITACHI Deskstar K D TB quot SATA Gb s CPU Heatsink ZALMAN CNPS A-LED mm Ball CPU Cooler Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build CD DVD LG DVD Burner SATA WIFI EDIMAX EW- Un USB Wireless nano Adapter Total price after rebates nbsp

A:Photoshop/HD video/photo editing build

Very decent setup indeed. However, I would get the Corsair TX 750 instead to keep the option of adding a second 6950 in the near future.

Instead of the Antec 300, take a look at the BitFenix Shinobi. Wonderful case at a $60 price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/photoshop-hd-video-photo-editing-build.172351/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I'm just starting to learn about PCs so that I can build my own My only experience is that of upgrading the RAM on my PC PC for editing parts self-build suitability video of a few years ago Now I have books on DIY PC building What I want is a PC with lots of video editing capability so that for instance it doesn't take hours to render edited camcorder footage prior to burning it to dvd I've read that for video editing I'll need an Intel i or i CPU I've copied the ebay page title of this processor which Im interested in only because it says i At it's a bit pricey Also on eBay there's a mobo at which I think is compatible with the processor I have no idea really what I should be looking for Any advice would be much appreciated suitability of parts for self-build video editing PC Intel Core i Processor MB Cache Quad Core suitability of parts for self-build video editing PC GHz CPU New Retail Box Asus Z -P Intel Z Motherboard S DDR PCIe x M D-Sub VGA

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/128795-suitability-parts-self-build-video-editing-pc.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys I've been having this issue with my PC for Software and PC Gaming during IRQL_NOT_ Editing BSOD Video the last months or so I attributed it to an aging graphics card but had a rude awaking when I purchased and installed a new GPU yesterday and the problem still persisted The issue didn't bother me too much as I don't game too often but I just bought a new R x card and was hoping to catch up on some games I've missed The issue that I get is when gaming and using Video Editing software - PC BSOD's when rendering a video from After Effects CC for example is that after about - min of running the game the PC will just crash and I'll get a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and the PC will restart This happens every PC BSOD during Gaming and Video Editing Software IRQL_NOT_ time regardless of the game played or settings My PC temps are pretty normal even under stress max the CPU goes to is around and the GPU around the PC BSOD during Gaming and Video Editing Software IRQL_NOT_ same My PC SPecs are Windows x Intel i - GHz AMD Radeon R x GB RAM GB Samsung SSD TB HDD Things I've tried - Reinstall Windows - Use only the SSD - Use only the HDD Bought new HDD - Switch out the RAM Sticks w New Ones - Run MemTest and other software everything came back clean - Yesterday I installed the new GPU Reinstalled Windows Updated all Drives and Windows Updates and the issue is still present Any suggestions guys You are my last hope Please let me know if you need any more info in helping me debug this issue

A:PC BSOD during Gaming and Video Editing Software IRQL_NOT_

By the way here is the Bugcheck Analysis in case it helps (I know it's in the zip file already)

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck A, {ffffe801b538d268, 2, 0, fffff800694ba227}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+157 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe801b538d268, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800694ba227, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: fffff800696c5ce0: Unable to get special pool info
fffff800696c5ce0: Unable to get special pool info
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
ffffe801b538d268
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+157
fffff800`694ba227 4d8b3e mov r15,qword ptr [r14]
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
TRAP_FRAME: ffffd0008b57f120 -- (.trap 0xffffd0008b57f120)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0400000000000020 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0200000000000000
rdx=fffff800694ba1e2 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800694ba227 rsp=ffffd0008b57f2b0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=000000000023d124 r9=022000000023ce97 r10=2300d1a502420000
r11=0000000000000042 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
nt!MiIdentifyPfn+0x157:
fffff800`694ba227 4d8b3e mov r15,qword ptr [r14] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8006956dae9 to fffff80069561fa0
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`8b57efd8 fffff800`6956dae9 : 00000000`0000000a ffffe801`b538d268 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`8b57efe0 fffff800`6956c33a : 00000000`00000000 ffffe001`b6639fc0 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`8b57f120 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
ffffd000`8b57f120 fffff800`694ba227 : 00000000`000018c0 fffff800`696a39cd ffffe001`b6639000 ffffd000`8b57f3a8 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
ffffd000`8b57f2b0 fffff800`694ba03c : 00000000`00000004 ffffe001`b6639fc0 00000000`00000001 ffffd000`8b57f460 : nt!MiIdentifyPfn+0x157
ffffd000`8b57f360 fffff800`698296db : ffffe001`b6639fc0 ffffd000`8b57fcc0 ffffe001`b6639000 fffff800`42506650 : nt!MiIdentifyPfnWrapper+0x3c
ffffd000`8b57f390 fffff800`697ff093 : ffffc001`22857060 00000000`00000001 ffffd000`8b57f574 ffffe001`b6639000 : nt!PfpPfnPrioRequest+0xbb
ffffd000`8b57f410 fffff800`697fd1c3 : 000000f2`5b03c730 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000004f 00000000`00000000 : nt!PfQuerySup... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51046-pc-bsod-during-gaming-video-editing-software-irql_not_.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys,
As you can see i'm new to the forums so hopefully I get this right.
I've been having BSOD for months now, and unfortunately I've been unable to figure out the problem.
the latest error i've gotten was 0x0000010E but i've gotten others.
The error varies from IQRL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL to PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA.
It can happen when gaming on steam, or video editing.
BSOD occurred not too long before posting this thread and I was literally doing nothing on my PC, just sitting on steam not playing any games.
This past day i've gotten 5+ blue screens and I just can't take it anymore.
hopefully the information within the attached file will help solve this issue.
I actually ran SF Diagnostic through safe mode, hope that's ok.
If not I can try to run it while in regular mode.
Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD While gaming + video editing, error 0x0000010E

Welcome to Seven Forums !

You said you have had experienced many bugchecks lately yet none are found,
all bugchecks are from January and earlier.
Attachment 287436

None the less, I've looked at all the 2013 dumps and they all incriminate Xeno7x64.sys.
Which is very very old;

Code:
lmvm Xeno7x64
start end module name
fffff880`02cf2000 fffff880`02d15000 Xeno7x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Xeno7x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Xeno7x64.sys
Image name: Xeno7x64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 02:15:48 2009

Code:
xeno7x64 Killer Xeno Gaming Adapter Service c:\windows\system32\drivers\xeno7x64.sys
Driver Reference Table - Xeno7x64.sys
Please remove the driver by uninstalling Bigfoot Networks using RevoUninstaller

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Bigfoot Networks\Xeno Suite

Post back with the results!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306352-bsod-while-gaming-video-editing-error-0x0000010e.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Im building a computer that I want to be very fast and efficent for all gaming and video editing needs I play battlefield going to start playing counter strike mabie a little half life and call of duty I will also use these editing building that todays meet gaming im video needs? the & Will Computer editing programs Premiere pro Photoshop cinematiq fx vegas sony acid Will the Computer that im building meet todays gaming & video editing needs? premiere elements and other programs like that the current computer I have right now with a athlon and gb of ram seems to handle these programs averagely not very well and for the games after I go above low quality graphics I start getting all glitchy especially on bf anyway below are all the specs for my computer that im building and if you think their is anything that I should change to enhance my gaming editing needs please tell me that doesnt really increase the price by much Specs Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe Socket NVIDIA nForce SPP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Cpu AMD Athlon X Toledo MHz HT x MB L Cache Socket Dual Core Processor - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Video Card SAPPHIRE L Radeon X GTO MB -bit GDDR VIVO PCI Express x Video Card - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Case Nikao Black Neon ATX Case w Temperature control front USB amp iEEE http www home magicmicro com pmoreinfo asp iid Disc Drives of these LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache ATAPI E-IDE X DVD R DVD Burner - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Power Supply THERMALTAKE TR W Power Supply ATX V V - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Ram OCZ Performance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP - OEM http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E thanks for your help -Nick nbsp

A:Will the Computer that im building meet todays gaming & video editing needs?

It appears to be nice system. One thing I would recommend is getting a better power supply. The Thermaltake has only 14 and 15 amps respectively on the two +12v rails. By comparison an Antec 480W psu has 18 amps each on two rails. Anyway, a better brand would be good.

You might want to include a floppy drive. They are so incredibly inexpensive and you'll need it to facilitate the installation of the RAID/SATA drivers you'll need for your SATA hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-computer-that-im-building-meet-todays-gaming-video-editing-needs.56459/
Relevancy 70.95%

I usually get this bsod when video editing on premiere pro, or rendering videos on it, or during fullscreen gaming.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bccode: 3B

And I have tested my ram and video card extensively (prime95 - furmark etc), I can find no fault with either, I've updated or reinstalled most drivers that have been recommended, still occurs :/ stumped, I've attached the most recent mini dump file

Specs:
Win 7 Home premium. 64bit.
Intel i7-3770 3.40ghz (I don't overclock and never have)
16gb RAM
ASrock H77 Pro4-m
Nvidia geforce GTX 660

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392057-reoccurring-bsod-3b-always-related-video-editing-rendering-gaming.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a friend that I am going to build a PC for that uses AutoCad and her daugther does some video-editing.

I was thinking of going with an AMD dual core--the rest of course will fall into line after choosing the best processor. I want an Asus MOBO to go with the processor, and appropriate video card--the rest is pretty much preference.

Will the Dual Core be better than a faster single core processor for AutoCad? I know it will for the video editing.

A:Need advice on build for architect friend who uses AutoCad--some video editing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-build-for-architect-friend-who-uses-autocad-some-video-editing.481275/
Relevancy 60.2%

Some searching through google, "alternativeto", YouTube, for video and audio editing or recording software, FREEWARE, showed BandiCam, Screencast-o-matic, Audacity, and I've been aware of Windows Movie Maker.

I would like to be able to make audio adjustments and audio changes to a few screencast videos.  I do not really undestand Audacity; but tried learning it many years ago.  I am absolutely not confident nor comfortable with learning Movie Maker; I am not sure how to handle Bandicam, having tried it briefly many many months ago.  I am comfortable with and have used Screencast-o-matic, the free downloadable version, a few times, and it was fairly easy to learn and to use.  I would just like to learn and use something a little bit more clever than Screen-cast-o-matic, and to edit or make changes to some video recordings.  FREE/FREEWARE wanted.

A:Video editing or including audio editing or recording

Hey, cafejose! I have used Movie Maker before. It is not that difficult in fact. And for freewares, then you can see some recommendations of ShowMore. This is a newly-built website that I am very fond of and I get quite a lot help from its application. I always take it to record Skype calls but I think it can also solve your problem here. For more alternatives, I advice you to take these free recording tools introductions for your reference.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598533/video-editing-or-including-audio-editing-or-recording/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, first of all I want to say: Thank you so much for helping me find my Laptop!
Criteria:
I would like to play games like Starcraft 2, Counterstrike, TF2, CoD, etc. on the go at Medium Settings and a playable FPS.
I want the laptop to have a good enough CPU power and RAM so I can video edit 720p videos.
The lowest hard drive space I need would be around 200GB.
Maybe VGA port?
(My aimed price would be as cheapest as you can find? or lower than 1000$)
Notes:
My friend was talking about the E350 AMD Processor?

Thank you!!!

A:Gaming/editing laptop suggestions?

Bang for Buck

You won't get much better power for what you want to do, and value for your dollar, than this Inspiron 15R @ $999

http://www.dell.com/au/p/inspiron-15r-n5110/pd?oc=u510316au&model_id=inspiron-15r-n5110#TechSpec

That's a sandybridge processor you're getting there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-editing-laptop-suggestions.163418/
Relevancy 54.18%

CPU: AMD FX8120

Motherboard: BioStar TA970XE

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Ram: Kingston HyperX Blu 12GB DDR3-1600

GPU: XFX FX-775A-CGFV Radeon HD 7750 2GB

PSU: ThermalTake TR2 500Watt

Case: Three Hundred Two

A:Making a gaming/editing pc for a friend. Please review

Nobody can help much without knowing your budget and your possible source for parts--Newegg, Amazon, Ebay, whatever you are using.

Is that an Antec case?

Thermaltake PSUs are average; you can do better.

I wouldn't choose Biostar unless forced into it for budgetary reasons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262372-making-gaming-editing-pc-friend-please-review.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all you ve been extremely helpful about years ago when i put together my current rig it s been awhile and now i wanna get me a new CPU mainly because this one is well getting REALLY slow I mainly use my CPU s power for Graphic editing with PHOTOSHOP CS Photomatix and such and recently it has become really slow especially when processing multiple RAW files and applying multiple effects in PS i sometimes use it for light gaming but nothing extreme it s really important for me to get a new rig that would last as i bought my current rig just before the new DDR RAMs kicked in so i wasn t able to upgrade any RAM i currently have this Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping RAM graphic - cpu gaming light mainly editing/very for New needed Kingston HyperX Mb Graphics Card Radeon HD Motherboard ASUS M A New cpu needed - mainly for graphic editing/very light gaming -E PSU OCZ W New cpu needed - mainly for graphic editing/very light gaming Case AeroCool S ATX i m probably gonna keep the case the GPU and the PSU i dont see a New cpu needed - mainly for graphic editing/very light gaming good reason why not to unless anyone thinks differently i should add that in that price i ll be happy to include a new - quot HD monitor budget-wise- hard to say because i live in ISRAEL so i guess prices are a bit different but in any case i m looking to spend about - what are your suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

This is my first post and my first time trying to seek help about BSOD's so please bear with me I've had a recent past about a month to weeks of BSOD's that really frustrate me On the th of Feb I'd purchased an Asus Radeon HD which gave me dxgkrnl sys memory management BSOD's and TDR notifications Time Detection and Recoverey I'd read many forum posts with many different solutions to the same sort of problem mine was narrowed down to a failing GPU which annoyed me but I went ahead and got myself a brand new replacement of the same GPU I'm sure it may have been faulty as I no longer recieve Dxgkrnl sys BSOD atleast not yet which I used to experience after trying to shut down my PC after a long period of gaming but I still experience the other two problems Now with the new replacement GPU I usually receive a BSOD when closing a game after playing it for a while if I'm successful in doing so Sonic Generations Skyrim and Amnesia Editing gaming after TDR and or random PC BSOD problems - The Dark Descent or a - minute session of actually trying to play the games and failing due to the TDR then BSOD will come up The TDR also occurs sometimes if I initiate programs too fast or I try to edit videos and work on my Designs in photoshop leading up to a potential BSOD I've also tried my hand at the TDR registry enteries hoping it would give me a little help but yes of course BSOD's and TDR still occur If I am running standard programs on the PC like internet and listening to music it will run fine sounds like GPU load stress problems but it's brand new Just so that this is out in BSOD and random TDR problems after PC gaming or Editing the open I also had to replace my HDD as my first one failed on me due to static damage I'm guessing because I replaced my PSU with a more powerful one so I've had a fresh install of windows too but still no luck Windows Ultimate bit AMD FX Quad Core ghz Asus Radeon HD Gigabyte M Mt-S rev Ezcool Ambiance w PSU Thank you in advance to any help I may recieve I will really appreciate it

A:BSOD and random TDR problems after PC gaming or Editing

Help please? :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-random-tdr-problems-after-pc-gaming-or-editing-636386.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm in the middle of creating you tube tutorials. I've been scouring the internet attempting to find an affordable video editing tool, (or free) that will edit/produce professional appearing introductions to my youtube videos. Does anyone know where I could find such a program over the internet?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

A:A good video editing tool to create professional introductions to video creations

Hmm, How long do you need the video editing tool? You could get a trial for Vegas Pro 8 and Vegas Pro 9 i think they are both for 30 days, so you could use them while you are trying to find a free or affordable tool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-video-editing-tool-to-create-professional-introductions-to-video-creations.143292/
Relevancy 53.75%

recently I have wanted to get into video editing and I decided to try out a few different video editing software tools I tried windows movie maker first and it kept skipping when I would preview clips and freezing The same thing is happening with the trial version of adobe s premiere elements trial version For adobe it told me to download the latest video driver that was compatible so i did and it allowed me to see my videos and use it a little bit but it would not be able to keep up and would freeze occasionally Does this have to do with my graphics card This is what I could find of my computers information i typed dxdiag in run System Operating system Windows Home Premium bit Build System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System if I card editing upgrade video for software should Wondering video model Satellite A BIOS InsydeH Version Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX And I guess this is my graphics card Name NVIDIA GeForce M Chip Type Geforce M DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display mode x bit Hz If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you P s I m not very computer savvy so keep that in mind - nbsp

A:Wondering if I should upgrade video card for video editing software

yes the graphics card seems to be the weak link in your setup, you could try searching for msi afterburner to try to overclock your graphics card but failing that i would upgrade your graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-i-should-upgrade-video-card-for-video-editing-software.159073/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently got a Dell Dimension E520 without a video card. I rarely play games on my computer. I plan to use it for editing and authoring my home videos. I want to stick to under 100$ for the video card.

Been reading about video cards and am leaning towards a 7300 GT , 7600 GS or 7600 GT.

Which of above cards is optimum for what I want to do.

Thanks for your help.

My specs:

Dell Dimension E520
E6300 Core 2 duo (1.86 Ghz)
1 GB RAM
VX2235 - 22 inch Digital LCD (display is bad with integrated video card)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-multimedia-home-video-editing-and-authoring.71314/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I need help finding Video editing software compatible with Vista/Win7 that can do the following:

- Remove watermarks from videos.
- Put your own created watermark on a video
- Blur out faces
- Cut parts of the video image
- Edit and draw on the video, replacing the cut piece with a still image, or even another piece of a video

So I guess basically I'm looking for all-out video editing.

I'd prefer freeware. But anything will do if that's all available.

It's no problem if I have to use different programs for each thing.

My current system is a Dell XPS 430 and can handle video editing pretty well.

Thanks!!

A:Need video editing software for altering video image

I don't think you will get any help here to remove someone elses watermark from a video that doesn't belong to you. The watermark is put there to discourage copying. Helping you I believe would be against forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-video-editing-software-for-altering-video-image.933148/
Relevancy 53.32%

Starting to gather info on best CPU / video card to use ?

Don't use the computer for gaming ... but do require good performance for video capture and editing (guess same required for gaming anyway) ... any thoughts on what to look for ??

Have AverMedia USB2 TV capture module, but may be better to be in notebook rather then having more things to plug in ...

Budget around $1500-2500 (maybe 3,000)

Battery life not a problem be using it mostly at home

Greg ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-processors-video-card-for-video-editing.27680/
Relevancy 53.32%

Without going into all the excruciating details and they ARE excruciating my system simply will not recognize my canon altura digital video camera Here not editing video software see digital camera will video are my basic system specs Motherboard msi kt lite with duron mhz chip ram all in wonder video w mb ram yamaha cd-burner Toshiba cd rom G Maxtor hd primary G Quantum Fireball secondary hd principal software MS xp office suite w frontpage access word perfect mgi photosuite III mgi videowave Cakewalk pro audio v video editing software will not see digital video camera sierra printArtist platinum Ulead photoexplorer Ulead photoImpact MGI videoWave Ulead Videostudio v etc I used to do video editing all the time with MGI video wave video editing software will not see digital video camera now although it installs fine when I go to capture video I get the message quot one of more arguments are invalid quot and it won t capture I video editing software will not see digital video camera tried capture with the Ulead software but it gives me a similar error message Here is what I ve done so far Checked user forums for MGI video wave which turned up lots of other people suffering the same issue which MGI hasn t been able to solve There were several possible solutions offered all of which I tried and none of which worked The natural thing would be to try other software which I did Ulead but I had the same problem spent lots of time with tech support for ulead mgi and ms All were unable to help uninstalled and reinstalled several times each piece of software reinstalled windows yelled at my computer and threatened it with bodily harm This felt really good but also failed to improve the situation Does anyone have another suggestion I m about to take it into the shop and have the pros mess with it but my pride insists that I exhaust all avenues first before spending my hard-earned money nbsp

A:video editing software will not see digital video camera

I should have mentioned: the system DOES see the camera; it's right there, but it won't capture.

Also, I spent some time with Belkin tech support to see if it was a firewire issue, but they weren't able to help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the firewire card and software several times.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-editing-software-will-not-see-digital-video-camera.60326/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi friends Please help me design a budget PC that I can use mostly for recording and editing purpose but also use it occasionally for watching DVD movies Given underneath are my requirements What are you going to use the PC for gt Home audio home build suitable budget audio me editing & for Help PC recording recording and editing gt Will run old audio software like quot Cool Edit Pro GoldWave and Audition quot gt Will mostly involve quot voice overs quot that will be mixed with pre-recorded music tracks gt May mix upto - tracks in Help me build budget PC suitable for home audio recording & editing WAV format per recording and later convert them to other formats depending on requirement How much is your budget gt Unable to decide on a figure but would like the PC to be a mid-range machine neither too costly nor too cheap gt Please suggest minimum expense keeping in mind best configuration that can be upgraded in the near future without much loss Where are you located a k a fill out your profile gt New Delhi India Are you willing to buy online gt No Would prefer to purchase the components from a reliable local vendor Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build gt No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others gt Yes All basic peripherals that make a PC However can do without a mid or high end video card gt Prefer to have a minimum of Gb RAM gt Minimum one Gb HDD gt Suggest a decent quality sound card Don t require those that are high end or suitable for gaming purpose Have you already bought any parts gt No Do you have an Operating System OS gt Currently have Win XP SP gt Would like to move to Win bit or bit if they support my old recording software Would not like to spend extra on upgrading my other software just because the new platforms cannot support them Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup gt Frankly do not know However won t be overclocking the CPU for any reason gt Would prefer a silent machine without much internal noise NOTE gt I would like to build a machine around Core i P combo which I believe should be a decent machine at the moment I can even move down to i P combo it it saves money and yet meets my requirements However please feel free to recommend configurations that you gentlemen feel are best for me Thanks in advance for your help Cheers nbsp

A:Help me build budget PC suitable for home audio recording & editing

You can start with the buying guides and swap out the video card for a better sound card if needed or just downgrade to a basic video card.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
http://techreport.com/articles.x/19159

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-budget-pc-suitable-for-home-audio-recording-editing.152254/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a 1.8 P-4 older machine with an older ATI graphics card--I forget what model but not one of the higher end gaming models. When I edit videos, the video and the sound don't stay in sinc and the video freezes. I'm not sure if its the older processor or the video card or what. I'm looking to get a 3+ with 833 FSB, which should be plenty for video editing, but don't want it to bottle up with the video card. I also don't want an expensive gaming card if I don't need one, but obviously those things are built for really intensive graphics, but I don't think I need that just for video editing.

What do you recommend?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I m really new to forums and Techspot seems like a good place to start I ve decided to build my own gaming computer and I need some advices from other people Since it build! first gaming My s my first time building a pc I don t want to mess things up So if you have any advices for me or if you My first gaming build! think my build is not that great or if some components don t match I d be more than happy to know So here s the thing CPU - Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX Item on newegg N E MotherBoard- ASUS P P D Deluxe LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Item on newegg N E RAM - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model TW X G C A G Item on newegg N E Video Card - EVGA G-P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Item on newegg N E Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item on newegg N E Power Supply - Antec EarthWatts EA W Continuous Power ATX V Ver EPS V version SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC quot compatible with Core i Core i quot Power Supply Item on newegg N E Case - COOLER MASTER HAF RC- M-KKN -GP Black Steel Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Item on newegg N E Monitor First choice - ASUS VW H Glossy Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built-in Speakers Item on newegg N E Monitor Second choice - I-inc iH- HPB quot Widescreen LCD Monitor - p x Dynamic Native ms Item on tigerdirect H - By the way I m planning to spend around on my Pc I think it should be enough for a decent gaming computer I live in Montreal Canada and newegg ca seems to be a good place to shop prices and shipping looks great But if you have any suggestion on where should I buy my stuff let me know p s I can t post links to the components since it s my first post sorry for that S Thanks for your time Looking forward to hear from you guys nbsp

A:My first gaming build!

The CPU and motherboard are not compatible. The CPU is socket 1366 and the motherboard is 1156.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-gaming-build.153880/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone I need some help with my newest build What are you going PC build Gaming to use the PC for Gaming video editing How much is your budget about Are you going to buy online or from a retail store newegg com Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig No Do you need peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse amongst others No Have you already bought any components Nope All new parts Do you already have an Operating System OS or Gaming PC build will you be buying one I ve got Windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup If you think I need more cooling or recommend water cooling I would like to know Part list so far- Corsair Obsidian Series D CC DW Black Aluminum Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive EVGA ACX Cooler G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support Video Card CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - C Q- GXM Intel Core i - Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I MSI Z -G LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX High Performance CF Gaming Intel Motherboard If I should replace add remove something from this please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Gaming PC build

Hey everyone, I need some help with my newest build.

What are you going to use the PC for? Gaming, video editing.
How much is your budget? about $3000
Are you going to buy online or from a retail store? newegg.com
Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig?No.
Do you need peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, amongst others?No.
Have you already bought any components?Nope. All new parts.
Do you already have an Operating System (OS) or will you be buying one? I've got Windows 7.
Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup? If you think I need more cooling or recommend water cooling, I would like to know.
Part list so far-

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
EVGA ACX Cooler 03G-P4-2784-KR GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C11Q-32GXM
Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770
MSI Z87-G43 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX High Performance CF Gaming Intel Motherboard

If I should replace/add/remove something from this, please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build.195022/
Relevancy 50.74%

Friends in the UK wants to build a Gaming PC and would like to know the best place to get parts if anybody knows.......online stores are fine.

He doesn't want to spend a fortune but would like it to play most games

He's looking at
ASUS M2N32 WS Professional - mainboard - ATX - nForce 590 SL (Motherboard)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core Processor
Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro Video Card

OR
ABIT AB9, P965, Socket-775, GbLAN, ATX, 6xSATAII, DDR2, Firewire, PCI-Ex16 (Motherboard)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket LGA775, 2MB, BOXED
XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 XXX, PCI-Express,

So far.......

Relevancy 50.74%

hi I want to build a pc gaming that would run games at gaming with build $800 to PC Want a maximum setting with less Want to build a gaming PC with $800 than I have the following thing in mind -Processor AMD Phenom Want to build a gaming PC with $800 II X T Thuban GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM W Six-Core Processor - Retail HDT TFBGRBOX Want to build a gaming PC with $800 -Motherboard Gigabyte Socket AM AMD G DDR A amp V amp GbE MATX Motherboard GA-MA GM-S -PCI-Express Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD Vapor-X GB DDR DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card VX- L -PCI-Express Video Card EVGA nVidia GeForce GT GB DDR DVI HDMI PCI-Express Video Card G-P - -LR -CPU Cooler Cooler Master RR-B - P-G Hyper Plus AMD AM AM Universal Direct Contact Heat-Pipe mm Fan CPU Cooler -Internal Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache Inch Internal Hard Drive ST AS-Bare Drive -Dvd Driver Samsung Internal Half Height DVD-W Supermulti SATA X Lightscribe Black -Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power Series W ATX Form Factor V V Power Supply - RS -PMSRA -US -Case Cooler Master Elite ATX MATX Mid Tower Case with Window RC- -SWN -GP Black Silver thats what all please tell me if it is good or not cause this is the first time i build a PC nbsp

A:Want to build a gaming PC with $800

Why an AM2+ board? Because of costs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-gaming-pc-with-800.158121/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm planning on building my first ever gaming pc and need some help with the components, making sure they are compatible and also need help selecting a video card. Here's what I have so far:

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHz LGA1150

Video Card:?

Hard Drive: Seagate NAS ST2000VN000 2TB

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB

RAM: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8gb)

Power Supply: SeaSonic X Series X-850 850W

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

A:First Gaming Build Help

Ok few questions first.
What kind of games are you looking to play?
What type of monitor and how big are you going to use?
How MANY monitors?
What kind of graphics settings are you wanting to run these games on? Max, high?

These questions will basically help us determine if your system is correct or maybe possibly overkill or whatnot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-build-help.1110067/
Relevancy 50.74%

Going to bought from Newegg. Just would like your guys' thoughts and advice. Thanks

Disk Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16827106043

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133132

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822144701

Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131011

Sound Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16829102011

GPU
I currently have a PCI-E BFG 7900gt 256mb

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820134012

Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103759

OS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16832116171

PSU
I currently have a PSU that I know can support this build.

Grand Total 1,254.00

Relevancy 50.74%

I m for the first time building a decent gaming PC at a low budget I m going to buy these one at a time I m not really sure how PC build Gaming to check compatibility and have them all add up while keeping my budget Here s my huge list ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ ORIGINAL SPECS ------------------------------------------ Total Computer Power Volts - Volts OS Windows XP Home Edition SP Processor AMD Sempron Memory RAM MB Monitor HP Pavilion MX w Microphone Hub ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ SPECS AS OF - ESTIMATED ------------------------------------------ This was just to get Gaming PC build started OS Windows XP Home Edition SP Graphics CARD NVIDIA GeForce MX MX Graphics CARD Display Mode bit Hz Graphics CARD Total Memory MB Memory RAM MB Monitor Gaming PC build HP Pavilion MX w Microphone Hub ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ NEW SPECS WANTED BELOW ------------------------------------------ POWER SUPPLIES ------------------------------------------ Coolmax CTI- B http www amazon Gaming PC build com Coolmax-Dual-Fan-Power-Supply-CTI- B dp B E DDS Dual-Fan Watts Whoa More than BEST DEAL FOUND Normal ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ HARD DRIVES ------------------------------------------ Seagate Barracuda Green ST DL http www geeks com details asp invtid ST DL -R Refurbished Terabyte TB SATA RPM MB Buffer To Volts Best Deal Found ------------------------------------------- OR ------------------------------------------ Samsung EcoGreen HD SI http www geeks com details asp InvtId HD SI-NDW-R amp cpc RESX Refurbished Terabyte TB SATA RPM MB Buffer Volts GB per ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ CD-ROM DRIVES ------------------------------------------ NONE ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ PROCESSORS ------------------------------------------ AMD Athlon II X http www outletpc com rn html GHz Dual-Core Watts Best Deal Found Worth it Normal Over ------------------------------------------ OR ------------------------------------------ Intel Celeron G Dual-Core http www techbargains com catsearch cfm GHz LGA Retail Normal Over EXPIRED ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ VIDEO GRAPHICS CARDS ------------------------------------------ ATI Radeon XT Qty www ebay com itm LOT- -ATI-Radeon- XT- MB-PCIe-DDR -Video-Graphics-Card-B - pt PCC Video-TV-Cards amp hash item e c ht wt MB Used PCIe Use PCIe to VGAs splitter DDR AUCTION volts EXPIRED ------------------------------------------ OR ------------------------------------------ EVGA Brand NVIDIA GeForce GS GB DDR VGA PCIe HDMI New BEST DEAL FOUND Fast and Free Shipping watts ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ RAM CARDS ------------------------------------------ G SKILL Sniper Qty http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E GB Total Blah Blah Blah total Free -day shipping List Price BEST DEAL EVAR ------------------------------------------ OR ------------------------------------------ Corsair Vengeance Qty http www amazon com Corsair-Venge M A C dp B CRSM I ref pd bxgy e text c GB Compatible with Intel Core i i i and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ GX M A C Processor is AMD c total List Price Supposedly faster than G SKILL ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ MOTHERBOARDS ------------------------------------------ Any that are compatible with this stuff that s the best under Motherboard doesn t need onboard graphics chip or processor - memory slots etc ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ CASES ------------------------------------------ Rosewill R -M-BK http www newegg com Product Product ... Read more

A:Gaming PC build

I've been updating it. Here's the updated list.

------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL SPECS

Total Computer Power Volts: 100-127 Volts
Processor: AMD Sempron
Memory/RAM: 512 MB
Monitor: HP Pavilion MX75 w/ Microphone Hub

SPECS AS OF 7/20/12-7/27/12 ESTIMATED

[[This was just to get started.]]

Graphics CARD: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Graphics CARD Display Mode: 32 bit 60Hz
Graphics CARD Total Memory: 64 MB
Memory/RAM: 640 MB
Monitor: HP Pavilion MX75 w/ Microphone Hub

NEW SPECS WANTED BELOW
POWER SUPPLIES

Coolmax CTI-700B
http://www.amazon.com/Coolmax-Dual-Fan-Power-Supply-CTI-700B/dp/B001E01DDS
Dual-Fan
700 Watts (Whoa. ._.)
More than $40, BEST DEAL FOUND, Normal: $70

HARD DRIVES

Seagate Barracuda Green ST1500DL004
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ST1500DL004-R
Refurbished
1.5 Terabyte (1.5TB)
SATA/300
5400RPM
32MB Buffer
+5 To +12 Volts
$65, Best Deal Found

-------------------------------------------
OR

Samsung EcoGreen HD103SI
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=HD103SI-NDW-R&cpc=RESX
Refurbished
1 Terabyte (1TB)
SATA/300
5200RPM
32MB Buffer
12 Volts
$64
16 GB per $1

CD-ROM DRIVES

NONE

PROCESSORS

AMD Athlon II X2 255
http://www.outletpc.com/rn9499.html
3.1 GHz
Dual-Core
65 Watts
$50, Best Deal Found (Worth it) Normal: Over $75

OR

Intel Celeron G540
Dual-Core
http://www.techbargains.com/catsearch.cfm/0_2_4
2.5GHz
LGA1155
Retail
$37.79, Normal: Over $45
[[EXPIRED]]

VIDEO GRAPHICS CARDS

ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=7120468000G-CO&cat=VCD
DUAL-GPU!
1GB
DDR3
PCIe
Dual DVI
TV-Out & HDCP Support
$60
Supposedly faster than NVIDIA!
New
Needs 550 watt or greater power supply
Up to 110 watts

OR

EVGA Brand NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
1GB
DDR3
VGA
PCIe
HDMI
New
$36, BEST DEAL FOUND
Fast and Free Shipping
71 watts

RAM CARDS

G.SKILL Sniper (Qty. 2)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231416
8 GB Total
Blah Blah Blah
$40 total
Free 2-day shipping
List Price $80!
BEST DEAL EVAR

OR

Corsair Vengeance (Qty. 2)
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Venge...3M2A1600C9/dp/B004CRSM4I/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_c
8 GB
Compatible with Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (Processor is AMD. c
$40 total
List Price $140
Supposedly faster than G.SKILL

MOTHERBOARDS

[[Any that are compatible with this stuff that's the best under $70]]
[[M... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build.185964/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I am tiring to build a decent gaming computer for my son for graduating college Problem a pc gaming me Help build is that I don t know jack about computer hardware and the people i ask say go buy retail which is pretty pricey So a friend of mine suggested that i build form ground up So if you guys could help me fulfill my promise I made to my son I would really appreciate it If you could send me links to parts or a shopping list kind of thing Help me build a gaming pc that will all come together to make Help me build a gaming pc such a machine I am sure I could find someone to put it all together once I have all the parts My son only has these simple requests that it is black case and has green lights and can handle playing crysis and supreme commander Help me build a gaming pc at a good frame rate with room for upgrades I am also willing to send some money through paypal for some assistance in this matter So to anyone reading this please be my savior and help me build this machine nbsp

A:Help me build a gaming pc

Please look at the sticky in the General Hardware forum and give us the required information.

I second Matthew's build as a great suggestion if it's within your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-a-gaming-pc.130493/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there. I'm looking for a very good gaming PC that I will be able to run big games at decent quality and framerate. It'd also be nice to have a computer that can record these games without lag. I also would want a computer that would be performing well for at least 2 years.

Now after researching it was pretty obvious to me that the best way to go was build a computer. So could you guys tell me which parts I should use? Here is what I'm looking for:

- Great for gaming
- Will be able to let me record whilst playing
- I have no budget, but don't go over $2500

Thanks for reading

Relevancy 50.74%

I am new to building pc I have some experience though I just wanted some help I want to build I own my rig build to want gaming my pc and I want it to have the following specifications i processor latest some good motherboard with SLI PCI and all that stuff so I can upgrade it later geforce gtx I m planning later to get another one so I want some help with that too is it wise to put two gtx or should I just wait for the new series to come out also I want the SSD HDD gb ram also idk about the cooling should I get liquid cooling or I m also planning to overclock my CPU when I get the I want to build my own gaming rig second graphic card I will get a descent PSU so what do you think is it a good configuration also should I build it my self or go to the local store and get them to help me with it also what way is the best to get the parts since I m not from the states I want to build my own gaming rig I live in macedonia a small country next to greece so what advice can you give me thanks nbsp

A:I want to build my own gaming rig

Qlcool said:

I am new to building pc I have some experience though I just wanted some help I want to build my pc and I want it to have the following specifications... i7 processor latest... some good motherboard with SLI ,Click to expand...

The i7 is a good choice and I personally think it is the best way to go. As for motherboard, I'd stick to ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, or possibly ASRock.

Qlcool said:

PCI 3Click to expand...

I'm assuming you mean PCIe 3.0, PCI is an older card slot design.

Qlcool said:

and all that stuff so I can upgrade it later geforce gtx 590 I'm planning later to get another one so I want some help with that too is it wise to put two gtx 590 or should I just wait for the new series to come out....Click to expand...

As long as you can manage the heat issues that will arise from installing two GPU's.

Qlcool said:

also I want the SSD HDD ,Click to expand...

I'm assuming you know SSD and HDD are two different drives. You would want the SSD for a OS drive and the HDD for a storage drive.

Qlcool said:

32 gb ram...Click to expand...

8GB would be plenty for most cases. 16GB would probably be all you need. It's my opinion that 32GB would be massive over-kill for the general population.

Qlcool said:

also idk about the cooling should I get liquid cooling or ? I'm also planning to overclock my CPU when I get the second graphic card....Click to expand...

If you are planning on over-clocking and using two GPU's, water cooling is a safer way to go. You would need to speak with someone else though, as I have no experience with water cooling.

Qlcool said:

I will get a descent PSU so what do you think is it a good configuration ? also should I build it my self or go to the local store and get them to help me with it ...Click to expand...

I would say you are ready for your own build experience. Even if you make a mistake, you will still be happy after you have completed your objective. And after it is all said and done, you will never need someone else to build your PC's again.

Qlcool said:

also what way is the best to get the parts ? since I'm not from the states I live in macedonia a small country next to greece ...Click to expand...

unfortunately I don't know the answer to that question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-build-my-own-gaming-rig.188433/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, I'm building my first gaming rig. Any suggestions on better parts or missing parts would be greatly appreciated. My budget is aroudn 650. Im trying to get as much performance as i can.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146009

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231489

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106276

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

A:Gaming build

list the part with the link

what psu it will need to up here

80% quality 750w or better

corsair tx.hx.ax models only
xfx
seasonic

always buy case and psu as separate items

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-build.1077469/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone, I'm unsure which of the three HDD's below to go for. This is what my build will be:

MOBO: Asus P8P67
CPU: Inter Core i7 2600
GPU: Asus Radeon HD 6950
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: ??
PSU: Corsair HX-750W
CASE: Cooler Master HAF-922
DVD: ASUS DRW 24B1LT

And here are the three HDD's:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive (NZ$88.41)
Western Digital AV-GP 1TB SATA 3 Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache (NZ$103.17)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 7200 RPM (NZ$130.92)

I'm quite keen on saving a bit of cash as I am spending more than I originally planned, but will there be a noticeable performance difference by going for the WD Black?

Thanks in advance!

Ah sorry, I meant Corsair HX-650 for the PSU

A:Which of these HDD's is best for my gaming build?

The best to get would be a 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3, if you can get one in NZ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-hdds-is-best-for-my-gaming-build.160169/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello.

I'm building myself a new computer, and I'm looking for someone to help me find some good parts. I'm a serious gamer, and the parts must reflect that. Anything goes, just 3 limitations:

1. AMD only
2. Asus mobo
3. Keep it under $1,200

Weee! Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Is it possible to build a $300 gaming build that can run games like TF2, WoW, SCII, Guild Wars 2 etc, and slightly older games on 15'' monitor?

I have Win xp, optical drive and hard drive already. Thanks in advance.

A:$300 gaming build??

A 15" monitor? If the monitor is that old, the optical drive and hard drive probably are too which means they're IDE drives. New motherboards use SATA ports. You probably also can't find Windows XP chipset drivers for new boards and graphics cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/300-gaming-build.928812/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I Need * Help Gaming * With Build will be buying computer parts in the next couple of days from Newegg ca This will be the first computer I will have attempted to build Before actually buying anything I d like to get some feedback on the computer I ve put together so I can rectify mistakes and consider suggestions * Need Help With Gaming Build * I basically only want a system that can run WoW Diablo and Guild Wars on high to * Need Help With Gaming Build * ultra max settings I game for several hours each day Please take a look at my build bellow and tell me what you think Thanks for the feedback - LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM - COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B * Need Help With Gaming Build * - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - HANNspree By Hanns-G HF DPB Black quot Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor w Speakers - ASUS M A AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - XFX HD- A-ZHFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM - hec HP D RETAIL W ATX V Power Supply - G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL - AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor HDZ FBGMBOX nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

O.k. folks.I've read the posts about building a P.C. and I agree that not buying one from a box store. I am from canada and want to spend roughly 1500 U.S. for a decent gaming system. If I understand correctly there are three components NOT to scrimp on: 1) the cpu 2) the memory and 3) the video card.

There are so many choices.even within the cpu.p4 3.2 ht fsb or amd 64; and then memory.. ddr, ddr2, 3200, 4200; motherboards??? socket 370, 478,; video card. for gaming like doom 3 (XFX GeForce FX 5700 LE,ATI Radeon 9800XT???

I really want to get the biggest bang/value for the beaver

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I'm planning on building my PC during the winter and I was just wondering if there is any advice you guys could give me? Some dos or donts. I'm not to educated on computer parts so if you could help me decide which graphics card to get, nvidia or Radeon or any other ones.
My budget is $400-$600 so if there are any builds that are out there now that you recommend please let me know. (Ones that include mouse,monitor, and keyboard would be nice too)

And how often do computer parts come out? Would I find myself buying parts in a few months just to upgrade? I'm not looking to have 4k settings just be able to play upcoming games like the division fallout4 at pretty decent graphics and frames.
Thanks ahead of time!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-gaming-pc-build.219427/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

I've decided that I want to build myself a gaming PC for the first time in my life and my budget is around around eight hundred dollars. To those who has experience on building gaming PCs, how would you budget on what to spend more of on the parts and less on other parts?

Mainly I need to get:
1-Case
2-Power supply
3-CPU
4-Mobo
5-HardDrive
6-Graphic Card
7-Ram

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone Just looking for advice on a build for another friend Budget CAD Needs Monitor Keyboard Mouse Speakers OS Tweaking none oc unlocking etc Online purchasing OK Purpose basic games at moderate high settings SC Diablo III eventually The approach I m taking right now is to start with CPU GPU and just budget everything around it The platform i m thinking is Athlon II X Radeon which comes to PC build Gaming $700 a total of which includes ballpark rebates I m seeing at newegg ca on the I m looking at a monitor with at least x resolution in these parts if I m patient Windows is I $700 Gaming PC build assume perhaps incorrectly that my friend will buy this This leaves almost for the rest of the parts Case PSU MB RAM Speakers Keyboard Mouse Disc drive which is kind of difficult Here are some estimates Ram HDD Speakers K M Disc Drive Case MB some MSI boards PSU I don t want $700 Gaming PC build to get a no-name PSU But there s not much budget left Suggestions on the case PSU CPU GPU It d be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:$700 Gaming PC build

my suggestion save a little more and go from there $900 to $1000 will net you a much better computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/700-gaming-pc-build.159466/
Relevancy 50.74%

Budget 1000$

Current Rig:
AMD FX 6100
SMPS 460 W Cooler Master
Corsair XMS 1600 DDR3 4 GB
HDD Segate 1TB Sata
Asus M5A88 MEVO Motherboard
Realtek Soundcard
Cabinet IBall 1161 Case

Gear:
Logitech G400 & G400s Gaming Mouse
Logitech Normal Keyboard
Microsoft Wired Controller for Windows
Steelseries Siberia V1 Gaming Headset
Zebronics 7.1 Iron Head Gaming Headset
F&D A111u Speakers
Logitech C110 Webcam

Monitor
Samsung 22" LED Monitor

Windows 7 Home 64 Bit

Please guys help me in building a new rig as my motherboard died last night
So I am in dilemma whether to update my current rig or build up a total new PC which will atleast last for more 4-5 years ?

Please suggest me what to do and help me guys and let me know if the old rig has some useful parts left over.

Thanks & Cheers

danny.archer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-build-a-gaming-rig.1155864/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all
I want to build a gaming pc and I have choose these parts plz suggest me something if better than this and plz tell me all the parts are compatible with each other or not plz help me regarding this tx.
Component = Model & Specification Price (Rs.)
Cabinet = Cooler Master HAF 912 = 7,000
Monitor = Dell S2415H 24 inch Monitor = 14,800
Ram = 8 GB Corsair Vengance 2*4GB 1600 Mhz = 6,000
Hard Disk = Weston Digital 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard
Drive 7200 RPM = 5,200
Power Supply = Corsair RM Series RM750 750W = 7,500
Processor = Intel i7 4790k Processor = 19,200
Graphics Card = Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU
DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5) = 20,000
Mother Board = Asus Maximus VII Hero = 22,000
SSD = ADATA Premier PRO SP 900 256 GB SSD = 8,000
CPU Cooler = Cooler master Hyper 212X = 3,200

A:BUILD A GAMING PC

Pcpartpicker.com is popular here for building lists and it checks compatibility too

Just FYI
As for your build, what are you building it for? Gaming, office, digital editing?

If games, which top 3 games

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/build-a-gaming-pc.1163291/
Relevancy 50.74%

Okay, I really want to build a gaming PC.
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.
So, I basically want to build a gaming computer for the experience of putting one together.
I'd rather have intel or AMD, whichever is fine.
My budget is anything, but $650-700 MAX.
Now, I know 650-700 is minimum for a GAMING computer (at least I think I know), but all I want to do on the computer is normal gaming. Like, not hardcore 4k thing or whatever, but just ONE monitor playing a simple game. I don't need ULTRA graphic settings on the game, low-medium but still high dps is absolutely fine. I just want to be able to play modern games smoothly.
I have an idea of some stuff I want, BUT I have NO CLUE with compatibility with these things. I don't know how to tell this stuff.
So could someone give me the parts of a good computer for a gamer such as I? I play WoW, D3, MC, L4D2, SMITE, etc.
I shoulda asked this earlier....today's Cyber Monday.. I NEED TO SQUEEZE IN SOME PURCHASES!

Thanks!! Please help me out

A:I want to build a Gaming PC

Well, since nobody else replied, here is a start: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-build-a-gaming-pc.207249/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, I'm interested in building a gaming PC from scratch and really have no idea where to start. I've never built a computer before and the whole process is pretty intimidating to me. I'd also like to keep it fairly cheap. My budget is about $700. I don't need something top of the line, just something that can play games at decent settings. I'd like to use Windows 7 as the OS and I want to play games like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Garry's Mod, etc. If you guys could recommend parts or even recommend an entire build that would be great. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I want to build a new gaming need Build PC, help Gaming Want To pc I ve a Want To Build Gaming PC, need help little knowledge about hardware that s why I am looking for your help to build that to play high end games like NFS Most wanted unreal tournament max Payne and many more Well my budget is INR approx including processor I ve decided to go with AMD Athlon II x GHz socket a I won t buy any Intel stuff because they are twice in price and similar in performance against AMD in India I want to know which chip set is best for AMD mobos NVIDIA GeForce or AMD G For AMD G chip set I ve listed two motherboards available in India are - Biostar A GE Biostar TA GE M And for NVIDIA GeForce - MSI K N GM-FIH Motherboard I m also confused with Want To Build Gaming PC, need help which graphic card should I buy ATI or NVIDIA As I know a little bit about processor and mobos but when it comes to graphic cards I run out of words Because I m not experienced with any graphic card So I need your suggestions to choose right product to match the minimum requirement for high end games I ve seen some video cards and listed the best meets to my budget are - XFX ATI Radeon HD GB DDR HD- X-ZAHC Graphics card Sapphire ATI Radeon HD - GB DDR Graphics Card Palit NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR Super Graphics Card one more thing I want to know that can am processor run on mobo with am socket or will it affect on performance I ve bought gb DDR Ram MHz gb seggate hdd AOC quot lcd monitor and creative speaker I m currently using xp pro sp and will continue with it Waiting for your response THANKS And sorry for my poor English nbsp

A:Want To Build Gaming PC, need help

Nvidia is better, and can easily play all those games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-gaming-pc-need-help.136264/
Relevancy 50.74%

Case: Antec Nine Hundred ? 99,98
PSU: Zalman ZM600-HP 600W (ATX, Heatpipe)) ? 99,58
Motherboard: GigaByte GA-P35-DS3P ? 124,59
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 ? 250,28
GPU: Asus EN8800GT,1024MB, GDDR3, PCI Express x16 ? 243,02
Ram: 2 x Corsair 2GB (4x1GB) PC6400, CL4 ? 95,68
CPU Fan: Scythe Infinity SCINF-1000 ? 39,76
HDD: 2 x Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD, 250GB (7200rpm, SATA, 16MB) ? 111,82
DVD-burner: Samsung DVD-Writer 20x Super-WriteMaster, Black + Software ? 25,50
Cooling Paste: Arctic Silver 5 Premium Silver Compound 3,5g ? 4,11

Total: ? 1170,02

A:How's this build for a gaming PC

Any comments on this at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hows-this-build-for-a-gaming-pc.98206/
Relevancy 50.74%

I had a custom built pc made for me about a month-month and a half ago I love it It gaming it do build New pc. I Did right? is so nice to have a hardcore gaming pc something which I have always wanted and something I have worked very hard to pay for New build gaming pc. Did I do it right? Let me break down the specs ViewSonic quot Flat LCD with ms response Antec P case AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor ASUS A N - SLI Deluxe GB MHz RAM PNY MB GeForce GT SLI enabled Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Audio Creative Inspire T -Speaker System GB HDD SATA RAID Vantec Stealth -Watt ATX Power Supply Samsung TS-H U DVD RW DVD-RW DVD R DL Let me say once again how much I love this rig I seriously kiss it once a week It is my prize possession I know I m sick but I don t care My questions is this I know I don t have the absolute best computer out there But I want to make sure I have close to that New build gaming pc. Did I do it right? Most important to me are the GPU s New build gaming pc. Did I do it right? and the CPU I have been reading a lot lately about GPU s and I have heard that they are coming out with one that is SLI on one card instead of So does that mean I can get -Single Dual cards for a total of GPU s LOL That would be sweet Also with the money I spent on the GT s would I have been better off with just - GTX KO If so why Aren t - GT s way better then any card on the market today If not why Then there is the processor The gentleman who built this for me said that I was way better off with my particular processor for gaming purposes He said it was dual core and the that the AMD FX was not I had heard the FX was the absolute best out there but he said no Also I would like to know if I have made a good decision with regard to the ability to upgrade this system I plan to sell the - GT s within months to get the newest and best and probably sell my processor for something better as well Are the Socket motherboards new or is there something better out now or in the future This particular motherboard only allows for DDR at a max of MHz Isn t that low I am looking to have the best computer around and I know I don t have that now so I am looking to find out what I would need to make it so But my biggest question for right now is are - GT s better than - GTX KO nbsp

A:New build gaming pc. Did I do it right?

You have an awesome system, pretty much at the top, no worries there. Probably your biggest hangup at the moment is your ram, actually. Up that to 2gb and you'll be flying. You'll want two sticks of 1Gb, not 4 sticks of 512, and you should look at getting a high performance make if you really are wanting to get performance.

What make is that ram you have now? Do you know what the timings are set at?

As for your CPU, not many games are using dual core at the moment (in fact, are there any?). The single core CPUs in general are performing better gamewise with their higher clockrates. BUT, hopefully the games that start coming out now will start taking advantage of dual core technology.

I am curious about the 433Mhz memory. I thought that 400mhz was the max. Need someone with more knowledge than I have to answer that.

As for your future upgrade options, at the moment the sky is your limit. Socket 939 is still the best for AMD, and PCI-e is still the best for graphics. That board should keep you at the top of the heap for a while to come.

Finally, just a warning for you (I have the same mobo). Your chipset fan may fail on you sometime in the near future. If you hear a freakishly loud noise all of the sudden, that's what it is.

Actually, take a look at your motherboard now. Is the chipset fan mounted parallel to the motherboard? I.e., square? (as opposed to being diagonally installed - a diamond shape)? The square mounted fan is the older type, and have a high percent chance of dying. Easily replaced, just a pain in the.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-gaming-pc-did-i-do-it-right.35947/
Relevancy 50.74%

I ve done a lot of research and come up with this Motherboard CPU http www newegg ca Product for build? this How a is gaming ComboDe t Combo RAM http www newegg ca Product Product E GPU http www newegg ca Product Product E Case http www newegg ca Product Product E PSU http www newegg ca Product Product E Windows Home Premium bit I ll combo the motherboard and CPU and rebate the PSU to stay within my budget Canadian Few questions Is my PSU enough I m pretty sure I have more than enough but I m not completely sure It looks like everything is compatible Have I made some glaring flaw in this category Thoughts and opinions before I go through with the purchase As a side note I have my own optical drives and How is this for a gaming build? have How is this for a gaming build? decided not to purchase a new hard drive and will use the GB one I have I don t see How is this for a gaming build? any deals on hard drives at the moment nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

If u can help plaz do so i am trying to building a gaming pc & i need some assistance on what types of parts i need & how to go about building it :[/SIZE]

A:How to Build a gaming pc

Refer to www.Alienware.com. Select any PC that you like under their Gaming Desktop section. Configure that PC to see some typical specs a gaming computer has.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-build-a-gaming-pc.378598/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am planning on building a gaming PC with a budget of around $900 Australian dollars and this is the list of components I have come up with.

Graphics card: $225.15

Leadtek WinFast GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5

Xigmatek Asgard II

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply

MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)

Intel Core i5-2500K

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB

LG GH22NS50 DVD Burner

TP-Link TL-WN350GD 54M Wireless

G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4GB (2x 2GB)

I Have done quite a bit of research on these components but would like to clarify a few questions.
Are all of these components completely compatible with each other?
Will all of the components fit into the case?
Am I getting the best price and value for all of the components?
Do you have any suggestions to change a component?

Thanks, James

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys Im building my first gaming pc and I would appreciate if you could tell me if these pieces can hold togheter and if im missing some like I PC build gaming First said its my first build so I dont know if that piece is too powerfull or that other one is too weak etc I plan to First gaming PC build play games like Skyrim Battlefield MMOs etc ASUS Z -A LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard ASUS GTX -DC OC- GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX M W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready Intel Core First gaming PC build i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model KHX C D K GX Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Cooler Master Hyper EVO - CPU Cooler with mm PWM Fan Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM Note At first I had plan to use a W power supply but I dont know if it would be good enough or not so please give me your opinion about it Thanks for helping a noob nbsp

A:First gaming PC build

Good choices.
Depending on the price of that TX650 I'd recommend the Rosewill Capstone 550/m or Seasonic g series 550.
Also it'd be nice to find a kit of 1866 RAM, which you can probably find at a similar price if you're lucky and there's some sales.
Also depending on the price you can probably get a Samsung EVO 250gb for a little cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build.198953/
Relevancy 50.74%

Whats up guys So in continuation with my Rig New Build Gaming other thread Im building a new PC On wed im having someone come and buy my current desktop for With that money i will be building another PC which costs exactly the same with shipping to my address As far as my laptop i was going to give it to New Gaming Rig Build my mother but its WAY WAY over powered for her use so i am going to try and sell it for and with that money im going to be buddying up with my brother to buy my mother a decent laptop that suits her needs We got an quot estimate quot on how much it would be to ship my desktop and it was close to but then i would receive it and would want to replace the GPU at a minimum so then i would have trouble selling the current GPU in it and on top of that its way to big and i cant lock it up when i leave So this new one is a mini ITX build that i can just put back in the box that it came in and send it where ever without too much concern hopefully i will end up walking away with a few extra bucks in my pocket and some spare parts for the new rig So with that here are the new parts Windows Home Intel i K Gigabyte G Gaming GA-Z N Corsair Carbide Air G Skill Ripjaws DDR GB MHz EVGA GTX FTW Corsair H i V EVGA Supernova W GS Gold GB SanDisk SSD-OS TB WD Blue- Storage GB Intel SSD GB WD Black Intel Core i - K M Skylake Quad-Core GHz LGA W BX I K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - Newegg com GIGABYTE G Gaming GA-Z N-Gaming s USB USB Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Newegg com Corsair Carbide Series CC- -WW Black Steel Plastic MicroATX Mid Tower Air High Airflow MicroATX and Mini-ITX PC Case - Newegg com G SKILL Ripjaws V Series GB Intel Z Platform Desktop Memory Model F - C D- GVK - Newegg com EVGA GeForce GTX FTW GAMING ACX G-P - -KR GB GDDR RGB LED CM FAN Power Phases Double BIOS DX OSD Support -Newegg com Corsair Hydro Series H i V Extreme Performance Water Liquid CPU Cooler mm-Newegg com EVGA SuperNOVA GS -GS- -V GOLD W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply-Newegg com The HDDs and SSDs are left overs from previous builds so the only thing extra ill have to buy is a monitor which i can get anywhere here I think these components will last me a good years i should only have to upgrade the GPU a little further down the line

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/68345-new-gaming-rig-build.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I didn't know where else to post this, I'm new here.

I'm building a new PC for Christmas, and was wondering if anyone here would be able to tell me how it would run for games like L4D2, WoW, Borderlands, etc.

Intel Core i5

nVidia GTX 275

6 GB of G.SKILL RAM

550 Watt PSU

Those are the 'main' factors for the PC as far as I know.

If you need the rest of the specs let me know and I can post.

Thanks much!

A:New Gaming PC Build - Please Help

You might be cutting it close with a 550 watt PSU. What model of powersupply is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc-build-please-help.140108/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well this pc is for a friend i made a build couple months ago or was it month i dont know xD but Rage helped me a lot and yesh it runs fiiine Thx a lot btw Well he wants a cheap pc for Gaming and some photoshop video editting fraps and some other stuff Everything Well the budget is around I bought some parts in december people here helped me and i made my lil monster hehe Ok so He wants CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA W GPU XFX HD- A-ZDDC Radeon HD XXX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HDD Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Gb s mb Cache CASE Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower build-up Gaming PC Computer Case Dvd burner included Now the probs is what MoBo and what PSU and Gaming PC build-up what CPU coolig he shud get for them i was checking the same i have an Asus P Q but im not sure im kida nooby still I have a P Q board the fan i have is a OCZ vendetta and a corsair w PSU Maybe those works for him as well Thx in advance nbsp

A:Gaming PC build-up

With that much going on and if you play on eventually upgrading, I'd suggest 800+ Watts PSU and for the PCU cooler a Tuniq tower could be nice.

When it comes down to mobo you should know EXACTLY what you need for you to choose the right one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-up.122735/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I ve been trying to build a high-end gaming computer and after around a week and a half reading reviews and checking up on stores I build Gaming thought I kind of had what I wanted more or less outlined Yet somehow I m still confused when I start thinking in the possible alternatives Since many of the reviews I most liked are on this site I thought this Gaming build could be a good place to start looking for help So here I am This is the machine I m considering right now updated as the thread goes on I will really appreciate all advice Motherboard Asus P T Deluxe - Official Site CPU Intel Core i - Official Site Comparison RAM G Skill x GB DDR - F - CL T- GBPI-B - - - V Black last kit - Official Site Graphics Card BFG GTX Overclocked II -way SLI - Newegg Sound Card Asus Sonar D PM - Official Site Hard Disk Drive WD Velociraptor WD HLFS MASTER GB RPM SATA second to last HDD - Official Site Samsung Spinpoint T GB SATA Series RPM - Official Site Optical Drive LG GH LP - Official Site Power Supply PSU Corsair CMPSU- HX - Official Site UPS APC Back-UPS RS VA - Official Site Case Cooler Master HAF - Official Site Monitor Samsung SyncMaster T - Official Site nbsp

A:Gaming build

Everything looks good, but if I were you, I would go with an AMD capable motherboard and processor. Intel i7's are great little processors, but AMD has been coming out with some processors that oust them completely. Especially if you are looking for a great gaming rig. That or maybe spend 1000 bucks and go for an Intel Extreme

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-build.118266/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am looking to build a good gaming pc. Now here are the parts i have currently selected. please can you tell me if the would all go together or not and make any suggestions if possible.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/175769 - motherboard

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/190673 - processor

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/114941 - psu

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/115480 - case

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-3x2...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263770153&sr=1-14 - RAM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-Ultr...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263761027&sr=1-1 - ram cooler

please any suggestions must be made on sites from which i can order in GB rather than the US, thank you.

A:Gaming PC build help

I don't think that you have any need for 6GB RAM as the Phenom II X4 955 does not have a triple channel memory controller. It would have been useful only with an i7 build.

A RAM cooler is also useless unless you're looking for extreme overclocks.

For the motherboard you'll be better off buying the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. You may also look into the MSI GD 70.

The 955BE is a brilliant overclocker. You should look into getting a good aftermarket CPU cooler.

For PSU, I would suggest the Corsair 650TX unless you absolutely require a modular one. The case could have been better. However, that's a question of personal tastes.

What GPU are you purchasing for this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-help.141451/
Relevancy 50.74%

After much herpin and derpin on my part I m going to do what I should have done from the get go What are you going to use the PC New (gaming) build PC for Gaming How much is your budget Are you willing to buy online Only from Newegg Have you already bought any parts Yes but will cancel order due to mistake Do you have an Operating System OS No Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup No maybe a CPU heatsink if budget allows and is necessary I d also like it if it was Intel Nvidia based ORIGINAL POST I ve already bought it and on hindsight I should have done this before hand Anyways if some of you hardware gurus could New PC build (gaming) rate my build I d greatly appreciated Case - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro W DVD Reader - LITEON RAM - OCZ Gold gb x gb MOBO - MSI H M-ED Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda TB Video Cards - N GTX CPU - i GHz Total Click to expand nbsp

A:New PC build (gaming)

dang only 1230 bucks...not bad

ps...im not a pc guru lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-gaming.157300/
Relevancy 50.74%

hey all am having trouble building a gaming pc via a website i know a few bits about computers n stuff
but i cnt deside what to buy etc so can anyone with experience build me a gaming pc via

http://www.cougar-extreme.co.uk/ i have a budget of 600-700

must have software
monitor

thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I was wondering what people think of this DIY gaming pc from new egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1594801

A:Pc Gaming Build?

The Mods don't like double posting for the same topic. I have requested this be closed by a Mod.

Continue here please: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1126663-building-gaming-pc-help.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-gaming-build.1126698/
Relevancy 50.74%

Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price
EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 02G-P4-2662-KR Video Card
Item #:N82E16814130826
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
$229.99

AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz (4.3GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819106009
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$124.99
Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory
Item #:N82E16820104366
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
$79.99
Rosewill LINE GLOW Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Item #:N82E16811147170
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$69.99
Western Digital WD Blue 500GB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #:N82E16822136769
$59.99
Rosewill RX850-S-B 850W "Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply
Item #:N82E16817182072
$109.99
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Item #:N82E16813131873
$94.99
Grand Total: $769.93

A:How's this build look for gaming?

What games are you looking to play? This looks sort of like my build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hows-this-build-look-for-gaming.1091882/
Relevancy 50.74%

The Nvidia site has a recent blog post suggesting parts gaming or for Build $4,200 PC a $450 for a gaming pc They are not selling the parts well except for the video card but are just quoting current average prices for parts available elsewhere Build A GeForce GTX Micro ATX PC For Under GeForce Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX Superclocked - Chassis - Cooler Master N Micro ATX Mini Tower - CPU - Intel Pentium G GHz Dual-Core Processor - Motherboard - MSI H M-P Micro ATX LGA - RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport XT GB x GB DDR - Memory - Storage - Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive - PSU - EVGA W Certified ATX - Total Price - They didn't include a cost for the operating system Well Linux is free or maybe you have a retail copy of Windows to transfer The Intel Pentium G GHz cpu has a Passmark benchmark of PassMark - Intel Pentium G GHz - Price performance comparison

A:Build a gaming PC for $450 or $4,200

Or Ars Technica suggests parts for a $4,200 ultimate X99 gaming pc.
Ars Technica builds one and displays pictures and info in their article linked below:
They also suggest using Windows 10 as the operating system.

Building the ultimate X99 gaming and benchmarking PC | Ars Technica

OS - Windows 10- ~$119 to $199**

CPU - Intel Core i7-5930K, Haswell-E, 6-Core, 3.5 GHz, LGA 2011 - ~$590**

RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 at 3000MHz - ~$500**

SSD - 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e 3.0 - ~$200**

SSD - 500GB Samsung Evo - ~$200**

HDD - Seagate 3TB HD- ~$90**

Motherboard - ASUS X99 Deluxe USB 3.1 - ~$400**

Power Supply - Corsair HX1200i - ~$260**

Cooling - Corsair H110i GT liquid cooler - ~$130**

Graphics - Nvidia GTX 980 Ti - ~$670**

Video Capture Card - Blackmagic 4K video capture card- ~$190**

Optical Drive - LG Blu-ray drive - ~$50 to $100**

Chassis - Corsair's Graphite Series 760T, a full-size tower - ~$200**

Monitor - LG 34UC97‑S ‑ 34" IPS QHD LED‑Backlit LCD Monitor - ~$900**

**(I have added prices I obtained through Google searches)

Ars Technica cost $4,200 (UK prices?)?not including the monitor.

The Intel Core i7-5930K, Haswell-E, 6-Core, 3.5 GHz cpu has a Passmark benchmark of 13695.
PassMark - Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz - Price performance comparison

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/25300-build-gaming-pc-450-4-200-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Is this a good build to play newer shooter games and games like the witcher 3
Any recommendations for better parts this will cost $473 is budget is 500

Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found
CPU
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
$96.93 $96.93 OutletPC
Buy
CPU Cooler
Cooler Master RR-HT2-28PK-R1 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
$15.99 $15.99 SuperBiiz
Buy
Motherboard
MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
$54.99 -$10.00 $44.99 Micro Center
Buy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Memory
Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
$50.99 FREE $50.99 Newegg
Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage
Western Digital RE3 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$28.01 $3.99 $32.00 Amazon
Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card
$179.99 -$20.00 $2.99 $162.98 Newegg
Buy
$20.00 mail-in rebate
Case
Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case
$47.99 -$15.00 $32.99 Micro Center
Buy
$15.00 mail-in rebate
Power Supply
EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
$36.99 $36.99 SuperBiiz
Buy

A:$500 gaming build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($72.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($17.22 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.75 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 285 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card ($162.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $529.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 08:39 EDT-0400

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500-gaming-build.213086/
Relevancy 50.74%

Firstly its good to be back And as always I need help I m looking to get a new PC soon as my frankly shocking dell is useless My nan just got one that is better than mine made me realised how much I desperately need a new PC build First gaming one First gaming PC build Basically I need a computer that can play the latest games with some eyecandy I don t want a computer that can only just do games it needs to be able to handle them nicely on at least medium settings if possible for my budget My budget is around I have seen a good computer here that seems to be able to do the job but wondering If i can either get something cheaper nearer or improve it I definitely need a new wireless card wireless N I am all right for Mouse and will be getting a decent keyboard soonish I m going to be honest I have a slightly dodgy copy of Windows until I get a new computer so looking for cheap copy of ultimate So thanks for looking and hope you can help Thanks Harry nbsp

A:First gaming PC build

And this is why I left... Any help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build.155007/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I really hate Build PC Gaming my computer because I have a ton of games which I can t even play on it cus it s SO CRAP Soooo I decided to build my own PC I m just a beginner so I picked some stuff that seemed good and I was wondering if you glorious experts could tell me if it s all compatible and if it s all good kthx Case Chassis AYWUN A - Power Supply ANTEC W Antec Basiq ATX Power Supply CPU It s my current CPU Intel Pentium R CPU GHz Motherboard INTEL G FSB mATX PCI-Ex GRAPHIC GIGA-LAN DDR HDD HITACHI TB Full-speed Deskstar K B HDD Video Card ASUS GF GT Sound Card CREATIVE Sound Blaster VX DVD Drive SAMSUNG PATA Samsung SH-S A Please Gaming PC Build give me some advice I really don t wanna go and buy all Gaming PC Build these to later find out they don t work together - - BTW Don t worry about Keyboard Mouse or Monitor Thank you very much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-pc-build.860399/
Relevancy 50.74%

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103680

Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128392

GPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369

Ram:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231278

Case/Power:
http://www.buy.com/prod/cooler-mast...th-500w-power-supply/q/loc/101/211061786.html

I used the advices from :
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/500-gaming-computer/

and modified just a little bit.

I feel a bit hesitant about the motherboard because some reviews say that they come dead out of the box. However, the motherboard and CPU combo saves me a few so I chose that motherboard.

Also, do you guys think it is wise to wait til cybermonday/blackfriday to order these or do you think those really won't go on sale?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys I m hoping I could get some advice on a new build I m doing soon It will primarily 1200 Build for MMO Gaming focus on MMOs and Wildstar and WoW absolutely must work on it although it should beast through them Would be nice if other stuff did too though please point out any incompatibilities or things you would do differently Thanks in advance Specs here Case PCS MAELSTROM T BLACK GAMING CASE Processor CPU Intel MMO Gaming Build for 1200 Core i Quad Core Processor i - k MMO Gaming Build for 1200 GHz MB Cache Motherboard Gigabyte Z X Gaming ATX LG USB SATA GBs XFIRE SLI Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB Graphics Card GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX - DVI HDMI DP - D Vision Ready st Hard Disk GB KINGSTON V SSD SATA Gb MB R MB W nd Hard Disk TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD FZEX SATA Gb s MB CACHE rpm st DVD BLU-RAY Drive x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER R RW RAM Memory Card Reader INTERNAL IN CARD READER XD MS CF SD etc x USB PORT Power Supply CORSAIR W RM SERIES MODULAR PLUS GOLD ULTRA QUIET Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Seidon M High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Sound Card ONBOARD CHANNEL HIGH DEF AUDIO AS STANDARD Wireless Wired Networking WIRELESS N Mbps PCI CARD USB Options MIN x USB amp x USB PORTS BACK PANEL MIN FRONT PORTS Operating System Genuine Windows Bit - inc DVD amp Licence nbsp

A:MMO Gaming Build for £1200

A better ssd, use an air cooler like Noctua D14 or 15, phanteks,stronger psu for future sli or crossfire 750 or 850,something like a 450mbp dual band for wireless or something in the ac wireless class, 8gigs would serve you well but 16 is nice to have. Last but not least I7 for just gaming is really just paying far to much for just gaming. One of the newer I5s would serve just aswell and save you a dollar. While the build would run okay, Its price to performance is grossly off. You are building a overclocker that cant overclock.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Freaksamcker/saved/BTwkcf As far as ram wise, the fastest ram within your budget.( 8gigs) Make sure the air cooler will fit in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mmo-gaming-build-for-%C2%A31200.203569/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey could use a little help on this I had both my computers stolen from my place while I was away for the weekend so I m forced to put together a somewhat budget PC which won t be running anything intense aside from the occasional game With that in mind I was looking at something along these lines I d appreciate any input you may have Intel DP SG Board Intel Core Quad Q processor GB DDR RAM Dual Radeon HD DDR Crossfired Basically I m looking to build something that I can add to or change around once I free up a little cash but PC help Gaming Solved: build it has to be relatively hassle-free in the meanwhile I m not sure if this is important but I ll be using a quot widescreen My questions are - -What sort of power supply will I need The Wattage Amperage thing gets a little confusing haven t touched physics since high school the only advice I ve gotten from a fellow doctor so I m a little skeptical is to make sure it s a W one I thought that might be insufficient -Will cooling be an issue and do I need to look for a casing with special features beyond fans Any input you guys might be able to offer on the build itself as well as the questions would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Gaming PC build help

If you're going to dish out some money on a nice graphics card like that, and you want to leave your options open for the future, I'd go for a 600W power supply which should cost you at least $60. Don't buy bad quality PSUs.

Your graphics card can more than handle a 20" monitor.

Cooling shouldn't be an issue providing you install the CPU fan correctly and have a 120mm fan or 2 80mm fans in the case

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gaming-pc-build-help.818526/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi this is my first time attempting to build my own gaming PC from scratch with a budget hopefully falling within a total of USD - After researching a few of the parts for the past few days I ve Gaming PC build please advise come up with a rough idea of what I want in the PC as listed below PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p bzk Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p bzk by merchant Benchmarks http pcpartpicker com p Gaming PC build please advise bzk benchmarks CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Samsung EVO GB quot Solid State Disk Newegg Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Newegg Video Card Asus Radeon R X GB Video Card Newegg Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N UBE b g n USB Wi-Fi Adapter Newegg Case Corsair R ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Corsair Professional W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive Asus DRW- B ST BLK B AS DVD CD Writer Newegg Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP OEM -bit Newegg Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available COMMENTS ON PART LISTNG CPU I chose the K as I am open to overclocking However still deciding if I should just go with the new Haswell since I ve read that overclocking doesn t really show results for a gaming rig not sure if I m confident enough of overclocking Motherboard Many builds I ve seen that use the K utilize this motherboard so I guess it goes pretty well with the Ivy Bridge Storage SSD for installing of the Windows OS and the HDD for installation of games and the like Video Card My nd choice as of the moment Open to possible SLI Crossfire configurations but unsure of which graphic cards are worth dual-pairing right now VERY open to suggestions and opinions on this Main Gaming PC build please advise choice is the new SAPPHIRE R X GB TOXIC Edition but currently not available in my country Hopefully it ll be released over the course of this month Case Read good reviews about this case Ideally a Mid Tower other considerations are -NZXT Phantom Black ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg -Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Enough for possible overclocking Any feedback and suggestions greatly appreciated Like I ve said I m new to building a gaming rig so I am willing to put careful thought into any opinions put forward nbsp

A:Gaming PC build please advise

Hi, this is my first time attempting to build my own gaming PC from scratch with a budget hopefully falling within a total of USD$1200-$1500. After researching a few of the parts for the past few days, I've come up with a rough idea of what I want in the PC as listed below.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($316.13 @ Newegg)

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($17.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1283.00 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

COMMENTS ON PART LISTNG
CPU
I chose the 3570K as I am open to overclocking. However, still deciding if I should just go with the new Haswell 4670 since I've read that overclocking doesn't really show results for a gaming rig + not sure if I'm confident enough of overclocking.

Motherboard
Many builds I've seen that use the 3570K utilize this motherboard so I guess it goes pretty well with the Ivy Bridge.

Storage
SSD for installing of the Windows 7 OS and the HDD for installation of games and the like.

Video Card
My 2nd choice as of the moment. Open to possible SLI/Crossfire configurations but unsure of which graphic cards are worth dual-pairing right now. VERY open to suggestions and opinions on this. Main choice is the new SAPPHIRE R9 280X 3GB TOXIC Edition but currently not available in my country. Hopefully it'll be released over the course of this month.

Case
Read good reviews about this case. Ideally a Mid Tower, other considerations are :
-NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($105.98 @ Newegg)
-Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply
Enough for possible overclocking?

Any feedback and suggestions greatly appreciated. Like I've said I'm new to building a gaming rig so I am willing to put careful thought into any opinions put forward.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-please-advise.197868/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys I have been thinking about building a new gaming desktop for a while now but my old idea pad finally died so it is time to do this I guess I really just need a place to start as well as some advice on specific parts my time gaming Build First budget is about - dollars Processor I was thinking I or I though I could use advice Motherboard Im really not sure what to use But I do know I would like quite a few USB ports plenty of room for ram and room for improvements graphics card I First time gaming Build like the nvidia Geforce GTX series though which one im not sure I Do know that I will be using monitors so outputs is a must The games I plan to play are starcraft Skyrim Fallout battlefield and the like I dont really care to play everything on max all the time but I would like to be ABLE to go to max but be able to play normally First time gaming Build on high settings Power I really have no idea what kind of power source I would use so this is one place I need a lot of advice other This is the area where I feel im just going to forget something like what kind of heat sink should I buy to put in the processor Things like that would be very helpful In the end anything you guys can help me with is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys Also just saying im not locked into the Nvidia graphics card as I have heard great things about other cards as well nbsp

A:First time gaming Build

Something like this is a good base. You can get a slightly lower motherboard, leave out the sound card, and put more money into GPU and PSU. Other people can help with that.

Do you need to purchase a Windows license, monitors, kb/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-gaming-build.195799/
Relevancy 49.88%

Preferred perfomance and purpose: Gaming at mid to high settings. Hoping to achieve around 150-200Fps in csgo, will play games like: Rainbow Siege, Battlefield one, H1Z1 King of the kill, Elite dangerous and last but not least, The Stanley parable :P
Budget is strictly under: 1000 Euro / 1085,60 Dollar / 3987,21 UAE Dirham / 863,12 British Pound
Please comment with any suggestions, for example: Consider the new Rx series GPUs, for example the...
click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/first-gaming-build-need-advice-4611178/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had posted a long time back that I was looking to build a new PC http www techspot com vb really do I buy some advice Build PC? could Gaming or with topic html However I put the whole idea off due to finance and other priorities I wish to now do this for real but I have little knowledge I m an amateur And I m not sure how much Build or buy Gaming PC? I could really do with some advice I should spend My budget is and I d prefer to buy the parts separately and put it all together But how much money will this save me Realistically Is the learning curve steep I m also aware that the following companies websites sell pre-built machines but there s so much choice it kills my brain My last PC had a Pentium GHz Tech has developed so much since then I just don t know where to start alienware co uk meshcomputers com scan co uk overclockers co uk novatech co uk microdirect co uk cyberpowersystem co uk cclonline com pcspecialist co uk slayerpc com kobaltcomputers co uk easypc-uk com arbico co uk advancetec co uk yoyotech co uk nbsp

A:Build or buy Gaming PC? I could really do with some advice

Realistically. Is the learning curve steep?Click to expand...

Realistically, it would save you very much money at that price point, well worth it.
Since everything plugs right in, if it doesn't fit in that slot you're doing it wrong, so its fairly easy to build a computer now...it shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most. Again, well worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-or-buy-gaming-pc-i-could-really-do-with-some-advice.145545/
Relevancy 49.88%

im planning on building my first gaming rig nothing fancy with limited budget let me know if it looks ok any suggestions are greatly appreciated SIGMA Atlantis Blue Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Solid welded aluminum chassis ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card ABS Tagan ITZ Series ITZ Gaming Build Computer? ATX V EPS V Build Gaming Computer? W Power Supply Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz M shared L Cache LGA Processor Crucial GB x GB Build Gaming Computer? -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory X for total of GB Seagate Barracuda ST AS Perpendicular Recording Technology GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive LITE-ON Black X DVD R X DVD Build Gaming Computer? RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA DVD Burner Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP B Pack ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro mm CPU Cooler would like to be able to play COD BF BF and similar games and high settings about thanx in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all My name is Jay I m living in the UK Big post incoming Okay I haven t been to this forum for a little while now but it has helped me in the past and I know its very popular and has alot of helpful people So onto the point of the thread I have always been a fan of PC gaming the community the mods everything I love it BUT I have never actually owned my own gaming PC I have played on loads but none are mine unfortunately So I thought I wonder if there was a place where I could ask people for help on building my own PC and this site popped into my head I had the idea of building one because I ve heard from quite a few people that its better to build your own I suppose so you know everything that is in it and you can make it as good as you want as long as its my Gaming build =D PC..please? Help Custom me in your budget I have never actually had much Help me build my Custom Gaming PC..please? =D experience of the insides of a PC so that s where you helpful people come in I hope So I need quite a bit of help I need to know what parts need to actually be in my PC Mandatory and Optional I think I know most but just to be sure I need to know some recommendations for good parts to go into my PC I would also need to know the budget for these parts If you have any more info that would help me please post it all help is very appreciated I apologize for the long post but I want to make this PC the best I can I also thank everyone in advance to the help you give nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Looking at examples like the The Enthusiast's PC build I was curious if when OCT comes around would there be a better option? I'm going to have some extra money just for a gaming desktop. I'm hoping for an Eyefinity setup that comes to $1500 not to include Mouse and KB. Everything else though, including OS.

Any recommendations? Should I go AMD or Intel come Oct? Should prices be dropping soon with AMD hardware in the next month?

A:Gaming build for $1500 in Oct?

NoTTaShoT said:

Any recommendations? Should I go AMD or Intel come Oct? Should prices be dropping soon with AMD hardware in the next month?Click to expand...

Go for intel CPU and SLI Nvidia graphics

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-build-for-1500-in-oct.170195/
Relevancy 49.88%

BSOD happens at random So build BSOD Rig Gaming First - far during streaming on HBO Now BSOD - First Gaming Rig build in any browser while switching from one PC game to another or in the middle of watching videos using KODI Unable to obtain a perfmon output gave repeated error The interface is unknown Also noticed i do not have a Ping function in CMD possibly missing other commands Any advice appreciated Thanks in advance EDIT OS - Windows -bit SP x What was original installed OS on system Windows -bit SP Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased Age of system hardware less than a year over months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Have not re-installed initial install date - CPU - AMD FX- Video Card - MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti PNY MotherBoard - ASRock FX Killer Southbridge model SB Southbridge revision Power Supply - brand amp wattage - EVGA SuperNOVA NEX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply System Manufacturer - me Exact model number - its custom heres a link to all its parts Laptop or Desktop Desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622970/bsod-first-gaming-rig-build/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Tech Support Guy community I am highly considering attempting to build a new gaming pc for myself for the first time I ve read a Desktop Gaming New Build few guides on picking parts cooling and such on this site but im definitely going to need a lot of advice suggestions and tips I plan to use this PC i plan to build for heavy gaming video editing and creating i have a camcorder which requires a FireWire port software applications like Jasc paintshop pro and Microsoft Office and of course managing music The spec i have posted below is something i just put together with newegg com but if you would like to suggest your own spec please do or modify the one i have created so it will be capable of handling the tasks i have mentioned Keep in mind i wish to be able to play games like New Gaming Desktop Build Bioshock and Oblivion with their highest quality graphic settings without any lag My budget is about - though id like to keep it as cheap New Gaming Desktop Build as possible of course P Note i did not include a power supply because im not sure how much power im going to need Case Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Motherboard Intel BOXD XBX KR LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar New Gaming Desktop Build SE WD JS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive Video Card XFX PVT SWAQG GeForce GS MB MB on Board -bit GDDR PCI Express x Memory Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-desktop-build.614247/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone i have been playing games on my laptop and its just My first for gaming build computer not good enough at all anymore I have always wanted a nice gaming computer I have recently been trying to learn about it all and build my own gaming computer to save some money I did have a plan that My first computer build for gaming was including the i intel GPU but after learning a little more i am kinda leaning towards AMD x Since i mostly plan to play games on it i read that AMD is good for gaming and it could save me money some use of other things maybe college work but i also got this laptop so mostly strictly gaming maybe So now im confused and starting over trying to think what to combine for good rig I want a rig that can be very fast and handle games with graphics all the way up right now graphics at minimal low and still laggin especially starcraft and to handle furture games like possibly the new mmo blizzard will release My first computer build for gaming in the next years or whatever So with all that said I came across the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula ATX Motherboard MHz Socket AM I thought this would be a good start I was going to use corsair memory but now idk if it will go with ASUS since it says to go with intel junts So idk about that for one and im just getting frustrated trying to study for this lol I am trying to come on with a good build idea so what would be best with this mobo for jaw dropping graphics i want I dont want an expensive rig over is getting way too much but i dont have to buy it all now meaning i could spend close up to at the end of this project maybe i was definetly wanting AMD x and was thinking the AMD - Black Edition Phenom II X Processor T but do i need that could i get another X I was looking at the radeon graphic cards but not sure which one to get Doesnt have to be radeon tho SO if anyone is an expert or any experience could help me out i would greatly appeciate it I am completely new to all this so plz explain anything to me as to why i should get a certain part rather than other parts If i should get a different mobo and AMD or go back to the intel i idea then tell me i dont mind if i can save more money and have the gaming experience i want thats great i could put future money into sound and great monitor and such Or if there is a good gaming computer to just buy that has what i want for the good price THanks for the help and sorry for such a looooong post but i felt i needed to get most of my thoughts down so that you could understand what it is im looking for BTW i do not plan to overclock i don t want to ruin anything i put so much money into and feel i don t need to overclock intil maybe in the distant future and i know more about how to do all that safely Also i was looking at the PSI cyclone case cuz it looked awesome tell me ur ideas on that to and if i should get that or get sumthin more durable nbsp

A:My first computer build for gaming

My first suggestion is that you need a TL; DR.

I read some (IMO) poor choices, and I also happened to notice that you say that you're pretty clueless.
Therefore I went over your plans briskly.

So lets get started, first thing we need to know is a budget, and what that'll include, i.e. will that include a monitor? Mouse? Keyboard? OS? ect...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-computer-build-for-gaming.164684/
Relevancy 49.88%

Code Case NZXT Phantom ATX Full Tower Motherboard Asus P P LE Rev LGA SATA Gb s GPU EVGA DS SuperClocked GeForce GTX Ti GB PSU NZXT Hale W CPU i - K Sandy Bridge GHz SSD Kingston SSDNow V GB Hard Drive Samsung Spinpoint TB RPM SATA Gb s CPU Cooling Hyper Case Fans NZXT FN- RB amp NZXT FN- RB this build PC Review gaming Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR I plan on Review this PC gaming build buying this the last week of June and then putting it all together then I do not plan on overclocking anything myself unless it came overclocked But I do have some concerns after reading some reviews Things Review this PC gaming build to do Figure out how to install a SSD Figure out Review this PC gaming build how to install Windows from a CD Figure out how to setup fans for best airflow Take the Optical Drive from this computer and put it into the new one Questions Should I buy better thermal compound Any suggestions Difference between DDR and Should I upgrade to GB Is W enough for my system now Is it enough if I wanted to have two GTX s Do NZXT cases only support NZXT case fans I ve read that NZXT fans aren t all that great should I get some other fans Any suggestions or feedback nbsp

A:Review this PC gaming build

RaidZero said:

I do not plan on overclocking anything myself, unless it came overclocked.Click to expand...

Then why buy a overclocker's CPU? The 'K' versions of i7s are multiplier unlocked, meant for overclocking. Of course if price is the same as normal 2600 then by all means go for it

Figure out how to install a SSDClick to expand...

The same way you install any hdd.

Figure out how to install Windows 7 from a CDClick to expand...

It's a DVD and you set the PC to boot from it.

Should I buy better thermal compound? Any suggestions?Click to expand...

It doesn't make any difference as you're not overclocking.

Difference between DDR3 1066 and 1600?Click to expand...

You won't see any. A few percentage in most applications.

Should I upgrade to 8GB?Click to expand...

The more the better if you ask me
Just make sure you install 64-bit OS.

Is 750W enough for my system now? Is it enough if I wanted to have two GTX 560s?Click to expand...

It should be enough for both.

Do NZXT cases only support NZXT case fans? I've read that NZXT fans aren't all that great, should I get some other fans?Click to expand...

As long as the fan holes are standard 80/120/something mm, you shouldn't have any problems with other fans. I don't know about NZXT fan quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/review-this-pc-gaming-build.165570/
Relevancy 49.88%

Well first of all hi im new here and im kinda confused about all the processors i read sometimes that C D are better than quads but then with build doubts gaming Some there are the extreme and i series so im kinda dizzy So well since im from venezuela all i can do is Some doubts with gaming build buy the parts on Amazon stupid government and well The prices here are insane I mean the GTX graphic card is on BsF wich is around bucks wich i find retard since i see the prices on amazon and its so dumb i don t get how people buy those parts for such a price So all i can do is blackmarket the pc parts and get em here then woot avoid taxes FTW Anyway gt lt to the point I was planning to get a Core Duo or Extreme processor wich im going to list in order to my price range u know price-perfomance The core duo is this one I think its good is it Intel Core Duo E GHz M L Cache MHz FSB LGA Dual-Core Processor Core extreme could be this one Intel Core Extreme X GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Conroe Core OEM Socket Processor For graphics i was planning a gtx a or a ultra but i ve read so many stuff is faster but is better S Geez but then again seems good Im noob about motherboards i know the basics only not the compatibility with the processors and such still researching and learning takes time neither i know a lot about cooling fans nor power supplys that wud be best for it and etc So at best it cud be around like Processor gt gt Core duo Extreme processor Graphics gt gt GTX or GTX What s the diff between XFX and BFG or EVGA Wanted a gb rpm hdd SATA drive like umm Western Digital WD AAKS WD Caviar SE SATA Internal Hard Drive GB Gb s MB Cache RPM lt lt this one Ram CORSAIR XMS GB X GB PC - MHz -pin DDR CL Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit - TWIN X - C My idea is to get a cool desktop wich will last some years atleast i bought mine round years ago xD its a crappy P with gigs on ram and a mb AGP x board xD suuuucks atleast i cud play F E A R or farcry at mid hi res anyway The HD i need it to be around GB for me thats a lot S or well its enough for me i just have a gb now because i work with big Very big projects on photoshop and well i need lots of space So is any of those combinations good Could i get some affordable price for a nice pc that will last lets say atleast more years Please take in mind that here is bsF Sorry for such a long post is just that im too confused and i dunno what else to do T T In conclusion Best wud be a the E or better if i get a quad with a gtx as well the gigs of corsair ram and the WD HD What motherboard would be good for that It will last for a while How can i prevent overheating what cooling fans can i buy saw big thyphoon for the processor if im not wrong freaking big btw is it good And well i think u guys will get the point S Insert ur suggestion here Please dont go with pc s parts T T i can barely afford wich is millions here months food lt lt and i wanna get good stuff so i get a nice outcome of those months w o eating hehe And again sorry for the long post T T Thx in advance if someone helps And this is my first try to get a Gaming pc did i do it good Arkz nbsp

A:Some doubts with gaming build

E8400 (do not go extreme, total waste of money)
4Gb Ram
GT260 (or 280 if you can afford it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-doubts-with-gaming-build.117736/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I want to build the new gaming computer with average specification to play the games like GTA, Battelfield, Warcraft etc. my buget is around 1000$.. all suggetions are welcomed.....

A:Build a Gaming Computer

Do you have a machine or configuration, that you are currently looking at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-a-gaming-computer.199403/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I am going to be building a new computer on a budget. I was wondering if anyone could suggest bits of hardware to include in the build. Only AMD parts please. Things I need are:

Case
Processor
Motherboard
Video Card
RAM
Hard Drives (or SSD)
Heatsink
Power Supply
Monitor
(Sound Card?)
Budget is anywhere between 400 - 600 pounds.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-budget-gaming-build.1084629/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to build a new system for photo editing and for general work. I am not a gamer I just want speed. I'm looking at a Intel board DG965WHMKR and a E6750/2.66 processor. I'm OK with all the other specs I just want to know if anyone has any other thoughts on a better combo for about the same price.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello there I am looking into buying a gaming PC regarding questions gaming build Few PC and since I am not very PC hardware savy I figured id post and check with you guys I have looked around since I found a lot of threads with similar questions but I would still need some Few questions regarding gaming PC build more answers My budget is around max pounds I am currently using a laptop which runs like crap at the moment and I am just sick of playing on low settings I would like to be able to play games like skyrim on max even ultra with a few addons if possible and then BF when it comes out and so on hoping that my budget is able to do that I have all the needed peripherals already I am playing on a inch LED screen which has been working fabulous with my laptop On low graphics - - So far I have been looking around on a website named www pcspecialist co uk since I live in UK and it seems like ok prices I have no idea tbh First I went to the AMD custom build section on http www pcspecialist co uk computers amd-fm -richland and set myself up with this build Processor AMD A - K Quad Core APU GHz amp Radeon HD D Graphics Motherboard ASUS F A -M M-ATX DDR USB Gb s Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB KIT Graphics Card GB AMD RADEON HD - DVI HDMI mDP - DX Eyefinity Memory - st Hard Disk GB quot SATA-III GB s HDD RPM MB CACHE Power Supply W FSP RAIDER SERIES RA- PLUS BRONZE Processor Cooling Super Quiet dBA Cooler TITAN This roughly ended up on When I grew up it was always said AMD is the best for gaming As you might figure out that was quite some time ago SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial I read around and apparently Intel is the stuff you want right now so said and done I headed over to the Intel custom PC builder on url http www pcspecialist co uk computers intel-haswell-pc url FONT SIZE FONT SIZE I tried building it and it basically blew my budget away I have no idea what parts are good and if they are overpriced So first off Is the AMD build I made solid for gaming or is Intel actually the you want today and if so can you go to the site and build me an awesome computer within the budget Any tips or recommendations are very welcome for example if there is a better site I should use of if I should just browse amazon for the single parts and order them and build it myself I can build it np I think Thanks for taking your time with this SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial Best regards FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial Obzoleet FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE Oh and I forgot I am gaming at x nbsp

A:Few questions regarding gaming PC build

With that budget, you can easily get an Intel based system. I think AMD is a better choice though since it leaves room for a better GPU. This is what I recommend: http://goo.gl/JW4Tt6. If you need Windows 7, I will need to downgrade some components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/few-questions-regarding-gaming-pc-build.195250/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am looking to build a new PC for gaming, I already have a pre built computer which was used for school work etc. (decent processor, crappy graphics). It is a slimline pavilion so I can't add on to it, all parts are OEM.

I am interested in getting opinions of places to order products (within Australia), and complete builds that are $600 or less.

Thanks

Edit: Only interested in Desktop, not including mouse, monitor keyboard etc.

A:Gaming computer build $600 or under

What part of Australia do you live in can you link me to some of your local store websites or such, and ill try help you out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-computer-build-600-or-under.1022943/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I am going to be building a new computer on a budget. I was wondering if anyone could suggest bits of hardware to include in the build. Only AMD parts please. Things I need are:

Case
Processor
Motherboard
Video Card
RAM
Hard Drives (or SSD)
Heatsink
Power Supply
Monitor
(Sound Card?)
Budget is anywhere between 400 - 600 pounds.

Thanks in advance.

A:AMD Budget Gaming Build

You've already posted this: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1084629-amd-budget-gaming-build.html

Closing duplicate thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-budget-gaming-build.1084714/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all I m thinking of building a new PC I bought an Nvidia GTX to get New Programs for PC 3D Build & Gaming my graphics up to date along with a Watt power supply from Corsair but now I m looking for a motherboard with a decent amount of RAM and a good processor I don t need a new hard drive as I already have a TB internal hard drive and New PC Build for Gaming & 3D Programs a New PC Build for Gaming & 3D Programs TB external hard drive so I should be good in that department I also have the biggest case possible for a PC I was just wondering what motherboard processor and RAM I should go for I m wanting it to last at least years before I have to upgrade again I m using a quad core AMD processor with GHz but even though New PC Build for Gaming & 3D Programs it s good I feel like it suffers a lot particularly in MMOs and processing videos I m studying video game design as well so I have access to UDK and Unity and often use Sony Vegas as well as Photoshop CS Obviously I don t have them all up at the same time but I have about tabs on Chrome open as well as iTunes and a D software package So my questions are what should I buy And will the new equipment be powerful enough for the things I want to run Obviously gaming-wise I want everything to be on max graphics The real issue I have at the moment is that rendering for D packages takes an age I made a small wave motion on Realflow the other day and it took hours to process a -second clip Granted the thing had about a million particles but it shouldn t take that long I m also considering buying a motherboard bundle just so that I don t have to worry too much about compatibility etc I just want to plug it in and play nbsp