Windows Support Forum

AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

Q: AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

AMD has finally released a new set of Catalyst beta drivers for Radeon graphics cards, promising performance improvements in two recently-released PC titles: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Project Cars.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

I dont know why but after 14.4, every driver is causing BSOD and restarts randomly on my R9 290

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-releases-catalyst-15-5-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-project-cars.213498/
Relevancy 141.98%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 99.76%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so I have taken the big leap of faith in Drivers Beta Catalyst ATI Microsoft and put Vista on one ATI Catalyst Beta Drivers of my systems After regretting the decision nearly immediately I opted to just duke it out with my overloaded computer and try to get this to run I have searched through numerous tech help forums looking for references to the ATI drivers and it seems that everyone is able to get their graphics card to run I found my card on a list of Vista supported cards and downloaded the Vista drivers from the ATI website After some minimal problems getting the drivers installed and a reinstall just for luck although the installer informed me that everything was ATI Catalyst Beta Drivers up to date and running I am still exactly where I started - without my Radeon I can t even get the Catalyst Control Panel to open from my desktop I double click the icon or right click to Open or go straight from the program file and it basically just sits and blinks at me The kicker is that of the numerous ATI programs in my Installed programs list Catalyst is listed absolutely nowhere Any suggestions Quick run down on specs Vista Beta Build AMD Sempron GHz GB MB RAM ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

My PC works normally during normal browsing and office work When playing some games like The Witcher and not D games like FTL they sometimes crash 3D (The BSOD 2, playing errors beta, FFXIV various Witcher games SC5) to desktop and sometimes I BSOD playing 3D games (The Witcher 2, FFXIV beta, SC5) various errors get BSODs SF diagnostic tool report is BSOD playing 3D games (The Witcher 2, FFXIV beta, SC5) various errors attached Temps appear normal CPU is - idle or so during gaming GPU is about idle - gaming Example of two recent crashes from whocrashed Most recent was while playing SimCity On Wed AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xC x x xFFFFF A ECC x Error DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier The driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by the operating system The only supported way to extend a kernel mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sat PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF C F xFFFFF E F A x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

A:BSOD playing 3D games (The Witcher 2, FFXIV beta, SC5) various errors

Thats a lot of dump files
Had a look at the recent couple and they are gfx related so as a first step i suggest removing gfx drivers running Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and reinstalling new drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283095-bsod-playing-3d-games-witcher-2-ffxiv-beta-sc5-various-errors.html
Relevancy 67.51%

With OS X 10.11 El Capitan set to launch at the end of the month, Apple has already started working on the first update for its latest Mac operating system. The early OS X 10.11.1 build was released last week for developers, and is now also available to those of us who are enrolled in the public beta program.
Given that it is a relatively minor update, OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan is not expected to introduce any major changes. Nonetheless, let's take a look at what's new.

The official changelog, that is available when accepting the update through App Store, lists "stability, compatibility, and security" improvements. But that is not all that is new.

Apple releases OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan public beta 1 -- here's what's new

A:Apple releases OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan public beta 1 -- here's what's new

Official Mac Developer Library - What's New in OS X v10.11?

This article summarizes the key technology changes and improvements in OS X v10.11. The information about these changes is organized into sections by technology area.Click to expand...

I have posted an official and direct link to What's New in OS X El Capitan (v10.11).

https://malwaretips.com/threads/apple-releases-os-x-10-11-1-el-capitan-public-beta-1-heres-whats-new.51268/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just installed these, no issues so far.

Here's the place where I found the links to download.

Catalyst 8.60-090316 Vista/XP - Guru3D.com Forums

Some of the tips from that thread...
It's reccomended to unistall the old first.
For W7 you can use the patch,copy the patch files to the folder of the new drivers so it installs normaly on W7.
\VISTA_8.60\VISTA_8.60\Packages\Drivers\Display\
Then just run the setup.

Goodluck

A:ATI 9.4 Beta Catalyst 8.60-090316

9.4 Beta mmmm, Thanks will have a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/6531-ati-9-4-beta-catalyst-8-60-090316-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Should I be using this driver for my his 4850 graphics card with win 7 pro? Thanks!

A:AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta Driver Question

You should read the notes on the AMD beta driver page that says what AMD chips this supports: AMD Catalyst? 13.11 Beta Driver for Windows?

Note that the 4xxx series is NOT listed.

My experience with a 4290 is that nothing newer than 13.1 works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309279-amd-catalyst-13-11-beta-driver-question.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I started getting random BSOD after installing this graphics driver...I've tried clean installs, going back to the last stable driver, etc.. and the BSOD persists. There is not real trigger, sometimes it happens during gaming, sometimes just surfing the web. Help please!

Relevancy 61.06%

for people that haven't heard of Project Spark, it's a "game" that allows you to build games without having to know any programming. So in the sizzle reel they showed for Project Spark, you can create a game like Geometry Wars or Marble Madness or Space Invaders or a tower defense game or a platform game... etc. etc.

there's a beta signup now...

https://joinprojectspark.com/

A:beta signup for Project Spark for Windows 8, Xbox One, 360

they demo'ed Project Spark at Build 2013!

You can design games on either Windows 8, Xbox 360, or Xbox One and then play on any of the other platforms. You can even start designing on one platform, switch to another platform, and then continue designing.

You can even make touchscreen games! Now I'm curious if you can make Kinect games. That would be very cool.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/27298-beta-signup-project-spark-windows-8-xbox-one-360-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

ATI has released an updated display driver, version 8.31.100.3.2.1, for Windows Vista RTM.

Notes:
* The Catalyst Beta Vista RTM driver will work under Windows Vista RC2.
* ATI does NOT recommend installing these drivers in systems used for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern
* These drivers are not supported by ATI Customer Care or any other ATI department. All feedback should be reported via the Catalyst Crew Feedback program

Product series supported:
* Radeon? 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X550, X600, X700, X800, X850 series
* Radeon? X1300, X1600, X1650, X1800, X1900, X1950 series
* All-in-Wonder? 2006, 9600, 9800, X600, X800, X1800, X1900
* Theater? 550 PRO/TV Wonder? Elite
* Mobility? Radeon? 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800 series
* Mobility? Radeon? X1300, X1400, X1600, X1800 series
* CrossFire? Xpress 1600, 3200 series
* Radeon? Xpress 200, 200M, 1100 series

Download: Catalyst Beta Display Driver for Windows Vista RTM (32-Bit)
Download: Catalyst Beta Display Driver for Windows Vista RTM (64-Bit)

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/29420-updated-catalyst-beta-display-driver-windows-vista-rtm-released.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I have just found the latest Windows 7 drivers for my MFC215C Brother printer.

Go here: Brother Solutions Center: United Kingdom

Hope it helps others.

A:Brother releases more Win7 Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by Matchless

Hi,
I have just found the latest Windows 7 drivers for my MFC215C Brother printer.

Go here: Brother Solutions Center: United Kingdom

Hope it helps others.

Thanks for the heads up...it ought to help others

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46821-brother-releases-more-win7-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to uninstall the Nvidia beta drivers but when I try to do it my screen goes black and the computer is at a stand still. The computer doesn't reboot and there is activity on the hard drive. I thought it was just moving along slowly, but it just sat there. I even tried to let it go over night unstalling the drivers but it still didn't work. Any ideas on how I can remove the drivers from my computer and revert back the the WHQL supported Vista Drivers from Nvidia 162 drivers.

I am uninstalling the drivers by going to the device manager.

I know in the past I have used CCleaner to uninstall drivers and also used the add/remove programs section under the control panel in Windows XP, but for some reason I don't see in Vista where there is a selection from uninstalling programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Can't Uninstall BETA NVIDA Beta Drivers 163.44

I was having the exact same issue. Last time I completely exited my anti-virus (Kaspersky) and the uninstall/install went without a hitch. Could have been a fluke, but doesn't hurt to try.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/89950-cant-uninstall-beta-nvida-beta-drivers-163-44-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

A new 'Game Ready Driver' update is now available for NVIDIA GeForce cards for Windows 10, with the latest update coming in at version 355.98. Notably, the driver introduces support for the recently announced desktop-grade GTX 980 GPU for notebooks.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
Killing Floor 2 GeForce Game Ready Driver Released

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-355-98-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.51290/
Relevancy 58.48%

While people may not have had the best experience upgrading from Windows or where there is a Nvidia card involved the company has now rolled out a new set of WHQL drivers for Windows The new drivers which are now at version have been released in both and -bit flavors and clock in at and mb respectively There are no major changes to be drivers Windows releases Nvidia GeForce for WHQL 355.60 10 found in the release notes which you can see below Just in time for the preview of Ashes of the Singularity this Nvidia releases GeForce 355.60 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you ll have the best possible gaming experience This driver also supports the Beta version of the GameWorks VR software development kit SDK As a result users will be able to enjoy the benefits of GameWorks VR with supporting applications and headsets for the first time If you have yet to upgrade to Windows it s worth pointing out that Nvidia releases GeForce 355.60 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 Microsoft does support most of the recent Nvidia cards although many people have had trouble getting the driver to install after the upgrade A series of reboots will eventually automatically detect the card and install the correct driver or you can grab them below and do it manually via WinBeta Download -bit -bit drivers for Windows nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-355-60-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.49615/
Relevancy 58.48%

N-Trig Releases Multi-Touch Drivers (Beta) for Windows 7 RC

N-Trig has released a beta of the multi-touch drivers for Windows 7 RC targeted at developers.

There are packages for the Dell Latitude XT and XT2 and the HP TouchSmart TX2.

Quote:
N-trig DuoSense™ Multi-Touch Beta Package (2.59) for Windows 7 Release Candidate

The DuoSenseTM multi-touch package for Windows 7 Release Candidate enables ISVs and developers to experience the Hands-onTM effect, and allows software applications to be developed with integral multi-touch capabilities.

In this package, more than two fingers can be used simultaneously as input devices.

This package supports Windows 7 protocol only. In Windows 7, multi-touch gesture-recognition is identified by the operating system.

If you are a developer and have DuoSense technology enabled and the Windows 7 RC (build 7100) version installed on either your Dell Latitude XT, your Latitude XT2 or your HP TouchSmart tx2, you can download and run the multi-touch package.

Read more

A:N-Trig Releases Multi-Touch Drivers for Windows 7 RC

Has anyone been able to test this on a Latitude XT2?

I've tryied it and it seems to be very buggy. The single touch interation is now terrible as any attempt to make a straight line results on a line with a lot of interruptions. So, dragging a window, for example, is interrupted like 2 inches away from where you started.

I'd like to hear if someone is experiencing the same behaviour.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8935-n-trig-releases-multi-touch-drivers-windows-7-rc.html
Relevancy 58.48%

NVIDIA has rolled out a new WHQL driver update specifically targeted at Windows systems This particular update focuses on GameWorks VR WHQL releases drivers GeForce for NVIDIA Windows 361.43 10 headset adding tweaks and bug fixes with the NVIDIA releases GeForce 361.43 WHQL drivers for Windows 10 driver description stating NVIDIA continues to work closely with VR headset and game developers to deliver amazing VR games and applications This Game Ready driver includes the latest GameWorks VR tweaks bug fixes and optimizations to ensure you have the ultimate VR gaming experience In addition support has been added for quot GameWorks VR including VR SLI support for OpenGL applications and support for the latest Oculus SDK quot Some Windows users have not had the best experience relating to the display driver while upgrading to the new OS however many of these issues have now been addressed so it s worth grabbing the update for your system You can grab either the - or -bit drivers at the links below Download -bit mb or -bit mb WHQL driver for Windows Nvidia drivers and Windows have been an adventure to say the least This update is newsworthy as this update is promised to fix some of the issues plaguing Windows and past drivers nbsp

A:NVIDIA releases GeForce 361.43 WHQL drivers for Windows 10

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have been using Wagnard's DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) for years now to do actual 'clean' installs of the Nvidia drivers each and every update and life has been much happier. Great especially if a new release screws up and you want to cleanly go back to the previous driver. Much more thorough than picking 'clean' install from the nvidia installer tool, and safer than letting than letting some generalized registry cleaner at your registry.

It was the goto solution for the many people who could not get Fallout 4 running on release day. It won't work in every single case, of course, but nothing is guaranteed.

If you want to check it out (it's free and highly regarded by gamers) he posts new builds in his forum at: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Download & Support - Wagnardmobile Forum

You'll also find it on various download sites but I get mine direct from his forum for safety.

Here's his description of what DDU is and does:

"What is Display Driver Uninstaller?
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely remove AMD/NVIDIA/Intel graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, and the driver store).

The AMD/NVIDIA/Intel video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or whenever you need to thoroughly delete Intel, nVidia or ATI/AMD video card drivers.

The current effect after you use this driver removal will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
This tool acts similar to what other driver cleaner programs do + the extra mentioned above.
If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fixes those problems.

It is important to do a system restore point before as with any tool like this one, it is better be on the safe side and have a backup."

source: What is DDU? - Wagnardmobile Forum

A good case in point is a fresh Windows install which now installs an out of date and generalized Nvidia driver. I let all my updates finish, then I run DDU and it drops me to safe mode where it removes all trace of the installed driver, restarts and I am free and clear to cleanly install the newest driver with the options I choose (goodbye 3d stuff I don't use, goodbye Nvidia Experience)

I may screw everything else up, but I never have video driver issues =)

alternative download sites and reviews:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.2.0
Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks

and 65 pages of support questions/release notes on the official geforce forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-12-21-2015-/65/

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-geforce-361-43-whql-drivers-for-windows-10.54368/
Relevancy 58.05%

Nvidia Releases Updated Linux Drivers for the Old GeForce and Series Lots of fixes have been implemented in this release Nvidia has updated the 8 Nvidia Releases GeForce Linux Series Old and for Updated Drivers the 9 Legacy branch of the Linux drivers and developers have fixed quite a few issues This is a driver aimed at older hardware so if you just got your shiny and new Titan video card Nvidia Releases Updated Linux Drivers for the Old GeForce 8 and 9 Series this driver will be of no use to you Spoiler Nvidia Changelog - Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if an OpenGL application tried to allocate a drawable when GPU-accessible memory is exhausted - Fixed a bug that could cause an Xid error when terminating a video playback application using the overlay presentation queue in VDPAU - Updated nvidia-installer to avoid recursing too deeply into kernel source trees under usr lib modules mirroring an existing restriction on recursion under lib Nvidia Releases Updated Linux Drivers for the Old GeForce 8 and 9 Series modules - Fixed a rare deadlock condition when running applications that use OpenGL in multiple threads on a Quadro GPU - Fixed a kernel memory leak that occurred when looping hardware- accelerated video decoding with VDPAU on Maxwell-based GPUs - Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if a RandR output provided by a Sink Output provider was selected as the primary output on X Org xserver and higher - Fixed a bug that caused waiting on X Sync Fence objects in OpenGL to hang indefinitely in some cases - Fixed a bug that prevented OpenGL from properly recovering from hardware errors or sync object waits that had timed out - Updated nvidia-installer to use modprobe when leaving the NVIDIA kernel module loaded after installation instead of insmod or libkmod This allows the kernel module to honor any configuration directives that apply to it in etc modprobe d when it is loaded - Fixed a bug that allowed console messages from the Linux kernel to be drawn over the user interface of nvidia-installer Everyone is looking to get the most advanced driver for their video card but not everyone has the latest video card Nvidia knows this and they provide a separate branch of the Nvidia drivers that are aimed at users with hardware that is no longer produced and that s been retired for a long time Like all things Nvidia-related the drivers are somewhat shrouded in mystery and confusion It s not just a single branch of drivers for old GPUs there are actually several As it stands right now the Nvidia driver is the most advanced for Legacy hardware but it s not the only one It will enable the use of older video cards not for all of them If you have a really ancient one this driver might be too quot new quot for it Nvidia doesn t forget about its customers Most of the legacy drivers usually have just a few changes and improvements so that they won t with new versions of the X server and new Linux kernel Sometimes more important fixes are being implemented and this is just the case with the current version quot Fixed a bug that caused the X server to crash if an OpenGL application tried to allocate a drawable when GPU-accessible memory is exhausted Fixed a bug that could cause an Xid error when terminating a video playback application using the overlay presentation queue in VDPAU quot reads the changelog These are just a couple of the fixes For more details about the Nvidia release make sure that you check the entire changelog below This driver is aimed at the GeForce and series so if you have anything older than this the driver won t work As usual you can download the Nvidia Legacy Linux drivers for the -bit and -bit flavors from Softpedia A version for FreeBSD -bit and -bit and Solaris are also available Click to expand nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-updated-linux-drivers-for-the-old-geforce-8-and-9-series.50644/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just wondering which drivers you guys with ATI cards use. I stick with Catalyst drivers but Ive heard Omega drivers are faster but they are third party which raises some questions. Any opinions?

A:Omega drivers vs. Catalyst drivers

Here are some comments about the Omega Drivers: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1086739971/1. I've looked at it but don't feel like messing with my video card drivers... I'm sticking with ATI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/omega-drivers-vs-catalyst-drivers.241458/
Relevancy 56.76%

Open question, discussion, and somewhat of a problem.

I've recently been having various issues with my pc, among the things I tried to do was update my graphics card driver: found the newest driver crashed madly, and rolled back. It's brought to mind a simple question:

What benefits are there in going for the newer ATI Catalyst drivers compared to the one defaulted by windows but which hasn't updated in 3 years.

Generally what could have changed? Compatablity? If it works it works. Stablity? Performance? Heat management?

Since it takes me 2 hours to download a driver (slow connection) I'm sticking on my w7 default ones: I know they work. It does make me ask though if there is a benefit to upgading after i've got my PC stable again.

A:Windows Drivers vs ATI Catalyst Drivers

newer drivers are made to improve performance and add new features in the graphic control panel and fixes bugs and issues that were in the previous drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/227380-windows-drivers-vs-ati-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently downloaded the ATI Catalsy 5.6 drivers, but I'm having some issues, so I'm trying to see if reverting to an older version might help. I have two questions:

1. How can I safely uninstall the graphics card driver?

2. Where can I find older versions to download?

Relevancy 55.9%

I am look for catalyst drivers that run with the combination of :
1) Madden NFL 2005,
2) Call of Duty
3) Half Life 2
4) Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
5) Rise of Nations: thrones & patriots

if they is anyone with that combination or know about it please please help out please
p.s. I have allinwonder RADEON® 9600 pro

A:catalyst drivers help

Is this what you want http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4038.html. make a restore point before you install them just in case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/catalyst-drivers-help.319511/
Relevancy 55.9%

AMD GAME! Drivers and Utilities

A:NEW catalyst drivers out 8.2

Thanks for the Update !

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/130945-new-catalyst-drivers-out-8-2-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, i was wondering whether it was possible to install ATi Catalyst without the drivers, the reason for this being, that Catalyst has a better overclocking feature than the software im currently using, the software I am currently using is ASUS SmartDoctor. I am using this as the ATi drivers are (strangely) not compatible with ASUS modified cars, so gameplay cuts out often, now I've installed SmartDoctor, i miss the really effective overclocking feature. Although the drivers work. Any Help ??

Thanks, chazshep.

A:ATi Catalyst without the drivers ???

I doubt it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-catalyst-without-the-drivers.820915/
Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Catalyst Drivers are not working correctly I get this error when attempting to open the Control Centre Recently I did a clean install of Win Drivers AMD Catalyst Ultimate -bit due to unrelated issues I have two Radeon HD GPUs in a Crossfire configuration At this point I am wondering if my employer s VMWare-based secure remote desktop is the problem Is this what AMD Catalyst Drivers is meant by side-by-side configuration or is this a Crossfire issue I read elsewhere that incorrect or missing C Redist packages might cause this issue so I have done clean installations on those services as well Thank you in advance for your assistance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- A-D Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:AMD Catalyst Drivers

What CCC version do you have installed? I highly doubt a remote desktop application is interfering with CCC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-catalyst-drivers.1072197/
Relevancy 55.9%

They came out a few days ago But I ve noticed that the ATI overdrive is quite a bit different The drivers allowed the GPU to automatically step down to MHz from MHz when idle The drivers New 10.3 Catalyst memory could be run as low as MHz though it had to be switch manually and the gauge would report ice cold temperatures at idle This is a I m talking New Catalyst 10.3 drivers about and underclocking the ram was almost like turning the card into a at the flick of a switch Great for when you re not using the video card much And some games will obviously run at fps with the memory underclocked like that anyway It was pretty cool even though you had to switch it manually Anyway I notice in the catalyst that the GPU won t go lower than MHz even at idle even though you can set the slider as low as New Catalyst 10.3 drivers MHz And the Memory is the same in that it won t go any lower New Catalyst 10.3 drivers than MHz Anyone else noticed this at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-catalyst-10-3-drivers.912782/
Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Catalyst 13.1 Drivers Now Available to Download | Maximum PC

A:AMD Catalyst 131 Drivers Now Available

Thanks for informing . Downloading ...

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/18296-amd-catalyst-131-drivers-now-available.html
Relevancy 55.04%

What's the deal with the latest Catalyst drivers? I just installed 4.8, and I would get a black mask over the image in PowerDVD, and Fullscreen in WMP9 when watching DVDs from my Virtual Drive. You can hear the movie playing and all, so that's not the issue.

I uninstalled them, and put back 4.6, and they play fine.

Is this some sort of protection/encryption system? If not, is this some sort of driver problem?

How stupid. (If its the former)

Relevancy 55.04%

May I present to you an otherwise most excellent find if you Catalyst x32/x64 Leaked Drivers - 9.8 ignore the nay-sayer below the Catalyst WHQL ATI drivers in both x and x Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked flavors These feature great support for newer and older games and a much-needed interface improvement for the Catalyst Control Center Enjoy Downloads Vista Win Catalyst x Vista Win Catalyst x WinXP Catalyst x Installation Report Code Catalyst Install Manager Installation Report Hardware information NameATI Radeon Graphics ProcessorManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Other hardwareExisting packagesCatalyst Control CenterATI Catalyst Install Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked ManagerATI Display DriverHDMI Audio DriverAVIVOMicrosoft Visual C SP RedistributablePackages for install Catalyst Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked Control CenterFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesATI Catalyst Install ManagerFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesATI Display DriverFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesHDMI Audio DriverFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size Mbytes Other detected devices ManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID xaa Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID xaa Subsystem vendor ID x ATI Radeon Graphics Processor ManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Error messages

A:Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked

These are not leaked, and they are not exclusive. And this post is late.

But thank you for an almost excellent find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2...yst-9-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/21155-catalyst-9-8-drivers-x32-x64-leaked.html
Relevancy 55.04%

ATI has released new Vista 32 and 64 bit drivers for Legacy cards (X19xx series and down),

32 bit - ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

64 bit - ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/236501-new-ati-legacy-drivers-catalyst-9-3-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

ATI has released its Catalyst v9.10 drivers.

A:ATI Catalyst v9.10 Drivers Released

Nice one matey.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30659-ati-catalyst-v9-10-drivers-released.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I had an nvidia card before (8800 gts) and their drivers would allow me to run a certain .exe file with different video settings (AA and AF).

I play cs and battlefield bad company 2 and want cs to have 4x AA and 4x AF. But, I want BFBC2 to run at "application setting".

Anyone know how to do this in the ATI drivers? I haven't owned an ATI since the pre-AMD years.

A:Catalyst Drivers AA and AF Profiles?

Pretty sure you do this in the Profiles option ATI Catalyst? Control Center - Features has an explanation

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/92246-catalyst-drivers-aa-af-profiles.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an HP notebook running on Windows 8.1
I wanted to check for driver updates so I went to the AMD website
I downloaded an autodetect software and it suggested I download an AMD Catylist Omega 14.12 without dotnet45
I have AMD Radeon HD 8650 + 8600/8700M Dual Graphics with its drivers (presumably up to date)
Should I install that driver? and if yes how do I go about doing it without f***ing up my PC?
Thanks in advance!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7386 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 935519 MB, Free - 570173 MB; D: Total - 17554 MB, Free - 1709 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 198A
Antivirus: Avira Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 55.04%

Just for your information These are the release notes: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_72_release_notes.html and you can find the drivers here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fyi-ati-catalyst-7-2-drivers-released.546117/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Radeon 5850 installed in my desktop and my laptop has a 5650 card. The catalyst driver suite installs without a hitch on my laptop which is running Windows 7 HP (x64) but when I try to install the latest or previous versions of the same driver suite on my desktop which is running Windows 7 Ultimate (x32) the installation mentions errors and in the log it states the driver has not installed. In order to install the drivers I have to do it manually through device manager. I have used Driver Sweeper to erase all traces of the old driver files inside safe mode. I always uninstall my old drivers before putting in the new versions. Anyone know what is going on here and how to fix it?

A:ATI Catalyst Drivers won't install :(

Ok, firstly, alarm bells started ringing when i noticed that one device (laptop/pc) is 32bit, and the other 64bit. If you are using the same instal file on both machines, thats probably the problem!

If I'm reading that wrong, then sorry.

What I would do is firstly try the manufacturers website of your graphics cards for the latest drivers. If not, try windows update. If not, did you have drivers with the pc/laptop? If not, run dxdiag, save all info to text file and upload here for me to see.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-catalyst-drivers-wont-install.978517/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all, I've got an older 4850 that's perpetually stuck with CCC 11.2 drivers. I had issues when I originally put it in where it wouldn't install drivers at all which required a boot into safe mode alongside driver sweeper and some deleting of mucked up files in a system folder. But now when I go to do the automatic update through CCC, it says everything installs correctly but it doesn't actually install the latest drivers. And I've uninstalled CCC and reinstalled to no avail. I'm thinking something is broken deep down but I wouldn't know where to begin to look. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:HD 4850 won't take new Catalyst drivers

Zach, have you tried driver sweeper in Safe mode? The reason I ask is that the drivers need to be COMPLETELY removed for a new install to work correctly.

Andy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/281595-hd-4850-wont-take-new-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i recently bought an ati 9800xt 256mb agp off ebay & recieved it this morning. i got a disk with it but cant get it to work. anyone know which drivers i would need? i went onto the ati website but there seems to be hundreds.. which do i need? thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

so i noticed this issue about Issues 11.8 any catalyst with (or 11.5 going other) from drivers to months ago when came out i tried to install it and it did just fine no errors but then i restart my pc like it tells you to and my resolution Issues with going from 11.5 catalyst drivers to 11.8 (or any other) is all off and i get a error saying that i didnt install the appropriate driver i did or i dont have a amd Issues with going from 11.5 catalyst drivers to 11.8 (or any other) gpu clearly do i can open ccc and when i do it is very basic no gpu options just tabs and it is in advanced So heres what i have done Reinstalled the drivers many times uninstalled through amds options in reg mode and in safe mode Have ran driver sweeper erased all amd and ati files in regular mode and then again in safe mode restarting everytime still no dice manually set the driver in the device manager went to my and did it from there i plan on buying battle field soon but if i cant download the latest drivers i cant update it to get hot fixes or anything also months ago i called amd tech support they told me to wait for to come out and it will be fixed came out i called again and they said wait for yeah ill get right on that any ideas before i take the gtx out of my gfs pc and see if i can update there drivers because if the works and can update i guess im going to assume its my card and rma it this is getting really annoying

A:Issues with going from 11.5 catalyst drivers to 11.8 (or any other)

Hi branflake welcome to SF

Please follow these steps in this order,

Do the ati catalyst remove cleaning,restart.

Download and install software\driver 10.11,during installation choose custom and untik\disable registration and free game,finish,restart.
Previous ATI Catalyst

Download and install software\driver 11.8 and again during the installation choose custom and this time untik\disable only the new catalyst 2,finish,restart.
ATI Radeon

With the above steps you will have all the new software\drivers without the new catalyst 2.

Though you will have the catalyst 1 to control your gpu.

Finish with the above steps an post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/188265-issues-going-11-5-catalyst-drivers-11-8-any-other.html
Relevancy 55.04%

ATI has released its Catalyst v9.10 drivers.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I ve been having quite a few crashes in a lot drivers catalyst Stable of my games mostly the ones designed for nvidia e g San Andreas Sims etc referencing a xc fatal crash My PC does not Stable catalyst drivers restart simply crashes to desktop I Stable catalyst drivers checked google and it says that xc errors in games are usually of the time due to device drivers with around caused by Graphics drivers I m currently running the latest catalyst drivers and was wondering if anyone knew of any stable catalyst versions which I could test I m pretty sure it Stable catalyst drivers s graphics drivers as Farcry and Half Life run like charms EDIT SPEAK OF THE DEVIL Just received a BSOD ran the minidump through windbg and it came out as most probably caused by ati dvag dll evil Anyone who can infiltrate the minidump further to help me with my problem is willing to try EDIT Ok So I degraded to my original discs drivers and everything has gone haywire windows freezes restarts everything nbsp

A:Stable catalyst drivers

Ok I'm going to upgrade to 5.5, if I can recall correctly my PC problems all started back when I installed 5.6 before playing San Andreas. Will report on the situation.

{EDIT} Ok so I degraded to 5.5 and tested out Warcraft 3 (primary crasher) and have had no problems, no BSOD's, Farcry looks a bit less exquiste but is still amazing and tranquil as ever. I checked the net, apparently ATI made some major changes when developing cat drivers 5.6 & 5.7. When 5.8 come out later this month I'll give em a go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stable-catalyst-drivers.30725/
Relevancy 54.61%

The official WHQL drivers are out so go get em!

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

A:ATI Catalyst 9.7 RC3 Drivers for Vista/Win7 | x86\x64

Or you can get 9.7 WHQL,

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33948551

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16251-ati-catalyst-9-7-rc3-drivers-vista-win7-x86-x64.html
Relevancy 54.61%

For the longest time I had Windows Media Player installed on my computer I m pretty sure it was version In October I finally upgraded my XP to Service Pack I noticed that now when I tried to launch Windows Media Player it took me to a set up screen to install it Did SP come with WMP and that s why it seemed to overwrite it Anyways although I hadn t reinstalled WMP yet I could still play WMP-based videos that were built in to web sites Then I installed the Catalyst drivers for my ATI card in 2 Catalyst ?! Service WMP Drivers 9 + = + Pack December The problem now is not only can I not watch saved wmv files because I don t have the player installed some websites with Windows Media built in to them mess up For example any wmv file from Bon Jovi WMP 9 + Service Pack 2 + Catalyst Drivers = ?! s website plays just fine However going to Fox s or CNN s website and watching wmv videos not ones with Macromedia all the colours are messed up and an empty Notepad file named quot dxva sig txt quot appears on my desktop Some websites with Windows Media work fine but others are messed up like a codec is missing Or maybe it has something to do with the Windows Media Video Acceleration built in to the Catalyst Control Centre I need advice on what to do next I already have a Windows Update for WMP installed on my machine Do I need to uninstall that first and THEN install WMP again or is it ok to just go ahead and install it Should I install version or Why is the video feed with WMP built in to some sites messed up ie Fox but fine on others ie Bon Jovi site videos Does this have to do with the Windows Media Video Acceleration built in with the Catalyst Control Centre I know for a fact that SP tried to update my Media Player and that s why I can t watch any saved videos unless I install it But all the Internet videos worked fine until I updated the Catalysts Is there a setting I need to play with in the Catalyst Control Centre to make the WMV videos from Fox and other sites work again Please help nbsp

A:WMP 9 + Service Pack 2 + Catalyst Drivers = ?!

Bump. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Catalysts I installed. Should I upgrade to WMP 10? I don't have WMP 9 currently installed, but I do have the Microsoft patch for WMP 9.

Are there any problems with version 10 and should I just go through Windows Update to get it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-9-service-pack-2-catalyst-drivers.435737/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an R9-280x and just installed 14.501.1003-141120a-177998C. However, now all I have is a 640x480 screen, and no way to change it. Suggestions?

A:AMD Catalyst drivers screwed up display

Hi welcome to the forum

try going back to an earlier version of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/368671-amd-catalyst-drivers-screwed-up-display.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows Vista on my laptop, but for some reason ATI's catalyst drivers arent supported for Vista with my Mobility Radeon X1400 chipset (instead it says to see my laptop manufacturer for drivers). Dell (my laptop manufacturer) however hasnt updated their drivers since early 2007.

Catalyst drivers for my chipset are supported for XP though, so would it be viable for me to run the drivers in XP compatibility mode on Vista?

A:Will XP's ATI Catalyst drivers work on Vista?

Compatibilty Mode generally does not extend to drivers.

Look here:

http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

Is there some reason to update your drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-xps-ati-catalyst-drivers-work-on-vista.742300/
Relevancy 54.61%

I updated the driver for my R9 290 yesterday, and now my drivers aren't detecting.

When I boot the system, ASUS's GPU Tweak says it cannot load the driver .dlls. Running the AMD autodetect driver utility results in "We were unable to find a driver for your system". The advanced settings under "screen resolution" (right clicking on desktop) shows "unavailable" for every entry under "adapter", and there is no "VGA Adapter" heading in device manager.

The "sleep" and "hibernate" functions are also grayed out, which I assume is due to the screensaver not functioning (it says the card can't run Direct3d).

I have tried uninstalling all of the AMD drivers and reinstalling both new and older drivers, but the problem persists.

I'm really stumped on what to do here. Any help would be appreciated.

A:AMD Drivers Not Detected after Catalyst 14.12 Update

Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller?

It will reboot you into safe mode and wipe out all traces of the AMD drivers, then you can attempt reinstalling the Omega drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/362799-amd-drivers-not-detected-after-catalyst-14-12-update.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the new 4.9 version of the Catalyst drivers with the Catalyst Control Center or CCC for short. Thing is that when I install it and to the best of my knowledge I'm installing it correctly this is what I get.

I don't know why it's doing it or how it's doing it. I'm at a complete loss. It almost makes my windows xp home edition machine look like an xp/me hybrid

If anyone has a solution to this problem I'd love to hear it because I can't find out or figure out why it's messin' up. Thanks in advance.

kiregar

Relevancy 54.61%

My PC is OEM: My motherboard is AsusTek P7P55D-E LX Rev 1.xx with Intel Core i5 760. My thinking up to now was to use the AMD Catalyst center for its driver updates but am wondering if this is something else

A:Is AMD Catalyst installing the wrong drivers?

Installing AMD Catalyst left to its own devices will install "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" the problem with this is if left as the default (or one of 2 defaults) there will be no sound whatsoever in Windows sounds or any media player. I must go to my original "Speakers High Definition Audi Device" and select it as default in order to hear sounds again. This tells me that Catalyst is installing the wrong drivers OR installing drivers where there shouldn't be any. or something is happening that I am not aware of. If anyone can shed light on this I would appreciate it--since this would mean that whatever drivers I am using are as old as my computer since AMD is installing the ''wrong'' ones. Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/314385-amd-catalyst-installing-wrong-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

ATI has released Catalyst 5.2 as an update to Catalyst 4.10 for the ATI Radeon 7000 - 9500 graphic cards. The driver version, however, is still 4.14.01.9150(according to the text file, and which I've confirmed). It's no big deal, but I'm curious about it. The download site is here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-question-about-ati-catalyst-drivers-for-windows-98-me.328970/
Relevancy 54.61%

After I installed Windows Pro from scratch it automatically installed my Radeon HD everything worked - Catalyst install won't drivers Windows it won't let fine but Photoshop has some problems in the advanced GPU-drawing-mode So I wanted to see if an original Catalyst driver would work better besides I wanted to have access to the Catalyst Control Center I deinstalled the driver Windows automatically installed and started the Catalyst installer It told me everything went fine and the screen flickered as it always does when you install the graphic card Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it driver But listed in the device manager was still the one windows Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it installed at the beginning And the CCC won't start telling me quot Catalyst Control Center cannot be started There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center quot When I deinstall the driver again and reboot I have the wrong resolution that's how it should be without a graphic card driver installed but only for a few seconds Then Windows kicks in and installs its Radeon-driver again Is there any way to install a Catalyst instead of the one Windows keeps on choosing for me Thanks for the help

A:Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it

If you have AMD processor and Radeon HD6900 go to the link below and download choice
(1 Automatic Download and Update) once you downloaded small app
Run it and it will do all you want. No need to uninstall any drivers
So long as you have the latest drivers.
Ati Drivers Download - Ati

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/13005-catalyst-drivers-wont-install-windows-wont-let.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello thanks for all who have posted some very useful info for the uninitiated My specs Cpu - AMD Athlon XP GhzMoBo - Gigabyte GA- N -L GPU - ATI Radeon X AGP Drivers After Bsod Updating Catalyst mbRam - MB DDR OS - Windows XP Home w SP Optical Drives - LG CDRW Sony DVDRWHard Drives Bsod After Updating Catalyst Drivers - WD GB Samsung GBMy problem I updated the drivers for my gpu to Catalyst a few weeks back and after this my PC would restart on me when playing any game I own This happens immediately after a game is loaded and happened with Half-Life Oblivion Fear etc An attempt to roll back the gpu driver did not fix the issue though I did have success when I chose to load a system restore point from the previous month However after this a Catalyst Control Centre error would appear on boot-up every time This along with general clutter after five years prompted a formatting of my system Following the format I ve installed updated every driver that I know of but I m still experiencing a restart after trying to load any D game After turning off auto restarts I received this error code in a BSOD quot STOP x E X D XE C XA A F C X After seeing the link for debug analysis and installing the debugger I got this Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatibleProduct WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PersonalBuilt by xpsp - Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x b c Debug session time Sat Jun GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsLoading unloaded module list Unable to load image ati duag dll Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ati duag dll ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ati duag dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c d e c a a f c Probably caused by ati duag dll ati duag f Followup MachineOwner---------Followed by this after using analyze -v Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatibleProduct WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PersonalBuilt by xpsp - Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x b c Debug session time Sat Jun GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsLoading unloaded module list Unable to load image ati duag dll Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ati duag dll ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ati duag dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c d e c a a f c Probably caused by ati duag dll ati duag f Followup MachineOwner---------kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpointsthe driver function that caused the problem Always note this addressas well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hardcoded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never havehardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and thesystem is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint ishappening Arguments Arg c d The exception code that was not handledArg e c The address that the exception occurred atArg a a f c Trap FrameArg Debugging Details ------------------EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc d - EXCEPTION Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction FAULTING IP ffffffffe c e c f fd d movdq q mm xmm TRAP FRAME a a f c -- trap xfffffff... Read more

A:Bsod After Updating Catalyst Drivers

Odd to see this in a generally released driver.
Two suggestions:
1) Uninstall all ATi Drivers and reboot. Try downloading and installing an older, stable version if it's still available
2) Reboot, and keep hitting F8 until you get to the Advanced Options menu. Choose Debugging Mode. Let the BSOD happen and analyze the dump as above. See if it's any different (if so, post it here)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151031/bsod-after-updating-catalyst-drivers/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control center? I have heard that there are ways to force it in. I just do not like having to resort to that. That is just one of my pet peeves about windows 10.

A:why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center

Try this, I had a similar issue with AMD drivers on Windows 10
How to: Install Legacy Drivers on Windows 10 (W... | Community

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/28711-why-cant-i-use-my-drivers-my-catalyst-control-center.html
Relevancy 54.61%

one of the many d programs i use is Blener d it is one of the programs i first learned with and still one of my favorites along python 12.4 not painting Catalyst drivers with outodesk inventor and maya recently i upgraded to catalyst when i reset my OS and partitions what i found is that when i run blender Catalyst 12.4 drivers not painting python i Catalyst 12.4 drivers not painting python get these boxes that are the size of the letters and the collors of the letters like my drivers are becoming incompatable with opengl and python atleast togeather if i roll back to it will work but imm getting better resaults elseware with thusfar if anyone knows of catalyst drivers and i know this happened when i tried and drivers also being incompatable with python or a mixture of python and open cl gl and how i might fix this problem idd appreciate it if you think this is a problem with blender itself and you know how to look Catalyst 12.4 drivers not painting python for the problems in the python i can post my build later on if it proves needed thank you for the help as usual i have tried blender forums but nothin figured id try the help for drivers

A:Catalyst 12.4 drivers not painting python

there is a pic... i have found out that blender works just fine if you have only one window open, it is when you have two open that problems start occurring

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/230650-catalyst-12-4-drivers-not-painting-python.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Here are my system specs:
Shuttle AK35GTR Motherboard with VIA kt266a chipset
Athlon 1200
512mb Kingston PC2700 ram
120gb maxtor hard drive
Windows XP PRO
ATI RADEON 9600 video card (non-Pro)

I simply cannot get the catalyst drivers to work. After formatting, installing all updates (including VIA hyperion 4-in-1 v4.51, directx 9.0b, all windows critical updates and SP1), my computer will not boot into windows after installing the catalyst drivers. I have tried using older catalyst drivers, replacing the ram, trying a different power supply and nothing seems to work. ANY IDEAS would be appreciated!!! I hope I don't have to buy another motheroboard too! Please help, I have run out of ideas and tried everything!!!

A:PLEASE HELP VIA chipset - Catalyst drivers PROBLEMS!!!

Try using older via4in1 driver, as i know lately they have problem with catalyst, but i think they claim have fix that in latest driver.
But who knows???
Windows won't boot? Any specific message or it just stop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-via-chipset-catalyst-drivers-problems.9492/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there. This problem has been driving me up the wall. Every time I try to install the latest AMD drivers (13.2_Beta5), just after my screen flickers I get a BSOD with the message IRQl_not_less_or_equal. This used to happen occasionally when I first upgraded to Windows 8 but hasn't done it since trying to install these drivers

I have tried completely removing the drivers and re-installing but that doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:BSOD when installing AMD Catalyst Drivers

Any particular reason as to why you are trying the beta driver? If not, then just go back to version 13.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20020-bsod-when-installing-amd-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,
I have a Lenovo T500 on Win7 (32-bit), 4gb RAM, 2.8 duo core with an ATI radeon 3650 256mb and for some reason the ATI catalyst application keeps crashing on me.

this is what windows reports:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: InstallManagerApp.exe
Application Version: 3.0.736.0
Application Timestamp: 4ab8f453
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 0008174f
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a10d
Additional Information 2: a10d9fc24206087af3b54ca169b78b0b
Additional Information 3: 3200
Additional Information 4: 32002c8c73bbc61d00a9b51b9f3b6e53

I believe I downloaded the driver straight from Lenovo's site.
Anyone know what's going on?

A:Cant Install ATI Catalyst Drivers Into Laptop

From what I can determine, this is the full description of the integrated display adapter for the Lenovo T500 laptop:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 With 256MB Switchable Graphics

Here is the ATI Catalyst 10.2 package for Windows 7(32-bit) at the ATI/AMD site:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-32bit

--------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-ati-catalyst-drivers-into-laptop.909590/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all First post here I'll summarise I was a long time Windows user but decided to give Ubuntu a go at the start of this year After some teething problems caused I think by having an SSD and a UEFI motherboard rather than standard BIOS After some messing about re-formating and creating the necessary partitions with a gParted LiveDisk I managed to get Windows installed along side Ubuntu on my GB SSD At the time I simply installed Windows went back and installed Ubuntu and then never felt the need to go back to Windows as I had no need for anything it offered Cut to now - I wanted to go back in to Windows to play some games that won't run on Ubuntu at least not without faffing about with WINE for a very long time so hopped back in to my other partition Once that had been done I went in to Windows to install updates drivers anti-virus etc before I could game on it I have an ATI HD card so went to download the proprietary drivers which is where I encountered a problem When I installed the drivers I'd load in to Windows and be presented with just my desktop background present Problem ATI Catalyst Installation Drivers 13.4 explorer exe did not seem to have loaded and I couldn't even Control-Alt-Del to open up the task manager and start explorer afresh After a bit of googling I found the driver release notes http support amd com us kbarticles easeNotes aspx which say I need to install SP and Net SP before installing the drivers So I ATI Catalyst 13.4 Drivers Installation Problem restored Windows to pre-driver installation and fully updated everything with Windows Update and made sure the MB chip set drivers were installed too I then re-installed the drivers and encountered the same problem So now I can get in to and use perfectly my Ubuntu installation just fine which is where I'm writing this from but Windows seems to be screwed Could this be anything to do with also having Ubuntu installed at the same time I'm guessing not as Windows essentially doesn't see Ubuntu and just sees its own GB partition but I thought I'd check I think I'm essentially missing some crucial step in installing the drivers on to my system and would appreciate any advice you guys can give me in getting this installed properly Maybe try running the driver install as administrator would help Look forward to hearing from you J

A:ATI Catalyst 13.4 Drivers Installation Problem

You have a 7970, but had given up on Windows?

I would just wipe and drop 7 again, since you hadn't used it, could try System Recovery Console from the install DVD, just boot into it like a normal install but do repair and of course point to the right partition, if asked.

Basically with 7, you don't need to install a lot of drivers EXCEPT for video card after installing it, unless it's something out of the ordinary/NEW, to run. [huge amount of drivers on that install DVD]

XP of course, total opposite.

7's Boot Manager is coming up and you are choosing the OS at boot time, right? That's how it should be.

See this Tutorial:

Dual Boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu

If your windows 7 install actually allows a command prompt, I would do:

SFC /scannow

To verify integrity of the windows install files.

Others with more experience with dual booting may chime in also, I have Linux Mint 14 running on my old PC, I refuse to use Linux on my main PC, I just know I will rarely touch it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291359-ati-catalyst-13-4-drivers-installation-problem.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Like in the title. I have a picture to show you. I am trying to update my old 5.13 ATI Catalyst video drivers to the new 6.3 drivers. But I get this message when trying to install. Help?

A:I cannot update my ATI Catalyst drivers! I get an error message.

You need to remove the old drivers first. Here's a guide on how to do it and a lot of other info as well.http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-update-my-ati-catalyst-drivers-i-get-an-error-message.46964/
Relevancy 54.18%

hi...
I did use a crt up untill today, an iiyama vision master pro but i decided to switch to using my hd tv instead since it's bigger. so i turn it on and get no signal. No problem i thought, booted in safe mode, removed the ati driver and rebooted.... booted fine and the system driver allowed me to change resolutions. I redownloaded the ati driver, installed it and restarted, but again i get the no signal thing, i assume it's trying to use some crazy refresh rate that i would have used on my crt.
Anyone got any ideas how i can get catalyst on here and still actually be able to see the screen?

A:no signal with catalyst drivers on hd tv (radeon hd 5700)

How are you plugged into your TV?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/118428-no-signal-catalyst-drivers-hd-tv-radeon-hd-5700-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/825226-x1650-ati-card-windows-7-a.html

Exact same problem as the post listed above. Windows 7 RC 7100 using Radeon x1650 card will not allow drivers to install. See the screenshots in above post for details. This is not just a situation where things run slower on the Vista/7 architecture, this really won't install new drivers beyond 8.56.1.13. This is causing Flash movies to freeze after a few seconds of play for me. If you seek forward it will play a few seconds again then freeze. This only happens after installing the Catalyst driver and did not occur with the default Windows VGA drivers.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey. I recently borrowed a video card from a friend, and I forgot to uninstall the legacy Catalyst drivers from the computer. Its running windows 7, and the device manager can't see the phantom device. Could someone point me to an uninstaller program? I think it may be causing slowdown issues!

Relevancy 54.18%

I have an Optiplex with Dell's ATI Radeon HD MB running Windows Professional x I also experienced this problem with the -bit version Dell's latest drivers for the card work fine version but anytime I try to install a newer including the latest version of the ATI drivers Windows bluescreens The initial setup procedures go ok and I can choose to install then I select Custom although I have tried Express with similar results and when it begins to detect the hardware it gets to about - and then bluescreens The same thing happens 3470? Radeon Catalyst HD Dell drivers ATI and when trying to install the Avivo Video Converter it bluescreens on the detection page So far I have only tried the driver-only package and the Avivo converter As far as I can tell Dell does not have a custom ATI Catalyst drivers and Dell Radeon HD 3470? BIOS on their video board and ATI reference drivers have always worked on past boards Dell's driver package does not ATI Catalyst drivers and Dell Radeon HD 3470? seem to include any specializations so I cannot see why the ATI drivers would fail The Dell drivers are here Drivers and Downloads Here is the error from the crash report in the System log Log Name System Source EventLog Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt D B D D D A D B D D A C B lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Usually I can work around things like this but I have not found any solutions so far Using the Dell driver would not be the end of the world but I would prefer to run the latest and I certainly want to run the Avivo converter Thank you in advance for any help or advice

A:ATI Catalyst drivers and Dell Radeon HD 3470?

Install the driver and video converter from ATI's site and forget Dell when doing graphics updates. Use the device manager in safe mode if you have to.

Since you like transcoding over the gpu, I highly recommend MediaShow Espresso too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/39675-ati-catalyst-drivers-dell-radeon-hd-3470-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Quote:
AMD is doing a "tick-tock" launch sequence with its Catalyst graphics drivers package, taking the wraps off a new set today and announcing some significant changes to come in next month's release. The first, version 10.2, brings with it a reworked CrossFire profile system that will allow better performance in games using the multi-GPU technology.

more..

A:AMD delivers Catalyst 10.2 drivers, offers 10.3 preview

I'll believe it when I see it actually working as described.

So far it's been A+ for Catalyst promises, D- for delivering on those promises.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64400-amd-delivers-catalyst-10-2-drivers-offers-10-3-preview.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi the first time I installed Windows Professional clean install not upgrade and installed the catalyst drivers for my HD video card http game amd com us-en drivers catalyst aspx p win windows- - bit everything worked fine I ended up formatting my hard drive and doing a reinstall though had a major compatibility issue with Anti-Virus software and Microsoft Office so decided ATI Catalyst Drivers installing after Black Screen to format the hard drive and did a reinstall After doing that and installing the Catalyst driver I'm having the following problem The install goes fine the computer restarts but when it boots up and windows starts I have a black screen and Black Screen after installing ATI Catalyst Drivers nothing displays My monitors' indicators also change from blue to amber as if there is no computer turned on or connected to them I've started the computer in safe mode and the monitors work I can then uninstall the driver but then I can't extend my desktop using the standard VGA driver or get the Black Screen after installing ATI Catalyst Drivers full resolution of my monitors x It's pissing me off Somebody please help Below is my computer set up Case Thermaltake M ATX VI BWS Motherboard EVGA X SLI LE ATX model -BL-E -TR CPU Intel i - BX Video Card Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD gb GDDR PCIE x Memory Corsair TR X G C D x gb - mhz DDR - Triple Channel Power Supply BFG -Watt ATX BFGR WGXPSU Operating System Windows -bit Monitor Dell quot LCD SE WFP x TV Card Hauppauge WinTV-HVR- TV Tuner PCI Primary SATA HDD Western Digital WCAV Caviar Green GB Secondary SATA HDD Western Digital WD LSRTL Caviar Black TB Primary SATA DVD LG-GH LS Internal Double-Layer DVD -RW CD-RW Drive Secondary SATA DVD LG-WH LS K Internal Blu-Ray DVD BD-R BD-RE DVD R DVD-RAM

A:Black Screen after installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

Well, its not your monitor or your card, so is software - the drivers. Can you try a different set of Catalyst drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/61373-black-screen-after-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Information
I created this thread in order to inform people about any new catalyst drivers that AMD will release for our Graphic cards. I will try to keep it updated.

For now one we only have these drivers.

AMD Catalyst Drivers Windows 8 Consumer Preview

A future AMD Catalyst Windows 8 driver release that adds support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series is planned for the coming weeks.

A:Official AMD Catalyst Drivers for Windows 8 Thread

And hopefully HD 7800 series also. (I have a 7850).

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/5240-official-amd-catalyst-drivers-windows-8-thread.html
Relevancy 54.18%

can anyone help me pplz?

i just installed NEW DRIVER, a catalyst driver from ati, and now when i restart my computer, i get a blue screen right before my splash screen. Someone plz tell me what 2 do?

i have a hp desktop, 1 gb ram, 200 gb hardrive, an amd athlon 3200+ processor, running xp with sp2

A:Blue screen after installing catalyst drivers

When the computer is booting windows, hold down F8 until it displays the menu to choose what you want to load. Boot into Safe Mode, then go into the device manager. Expand your video adapter, and then right click on the device. Go to "Properties", then click on the "Driver" tab. Then, click on the button that says "Roll Back Driver". Restart the computer, and you should be good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-after-installing-catalyst-drivers-267436.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recieved a Crucial M SSD for Christmas Finally in for Reinstalling 7 Card x64. Set Win Drivers Best Catalyst Single the SSD WORLD and I'm getting ready to re-install Win Reinstalling Win 7 x64. Best Catalyst Drivers for Single Card Set When my Windows installation is finished I'm wondering which catalyst package I should install CAPs or I've got a complete AMD system Asus M A Reinstalling Win 7 x64. Best Catalyst Drivers for Single Card Set TD USB mobo with a Phenom II t processor so I also plan on installing the chipset ahci driver as well Are all those drivers included in the package Or will I have to install additional optional downloads To be honest I feel safer installing the latest WHQL drivers but if there are any other non-cfx single owners out there that say the 's are a significant upgrade over I'll make those my default drivers I try to minimize my driver installations after a fresh install of Windows Also Are there any advantage to installing the drivers on the XFX site here http xfxforce com en-us Help Suppo rial L H Or Are they the exact same thing as getting them from AMD com It would be cool if they were optimized for XFX cards TIA I'll answer any questions about my setup if you need more information

A:Reinstalling Win 7 x64. Best Catalyst Drivers for Single Card Set

rakers8, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The chipset drivers are usually not included in the beta or preview releases from AMD, but are usually included in the full Catalyst suite. Even if they're not they can always be downloaded from AMD as separate downloads.

As far as the video driver goes, don't have a 5850 but do have a 6850, and haven't had any problems with the 12.1 Preview and if anything seem to be a little better than the 11.12 (smoother, image quality, etc). Getting them from XFX is of no benefit as they will have (if they don't just link back to AMD) the exact same driver as what you get directly from AMD. There is next to zero difference between the drivers from the card manufacturers and AMD, about the only thing the driver from the card manufacturer might have different is their name shows up next to AMD's during the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/204657-reinstalling-win-7-x64-best-catalyst-drivers-single-card-set.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver Released

Information
WHQL
Release Date: December 9th 2014
Driver Version: 14.12 (14.501.1003)
AMD Catalyst Control Center version: 2014.1112.1033.18936

AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link

Release Notes

A:Latest AMD Catalyst Video Drivers for Vista

hmm...Thnx for the Link !
I hope this one solves the BSOD's in Vista X64 issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/68082-latest-amd-catalyst-video-drivers-vista.html
Relevancy 54.18%

There's a huge issue with the Catalyst Legacy drivers AMD released for 2000 to 4000 series cards. After installing them, the Camera app displays the following problem after launch:

"Sorry. The camera app cannot be used with this version of Windows"

Reverting back to stock Windows 8 drivers solve the problem.

Anyone has the same problem?

A:Camera app issues with Catalyst Legacy drivers

yes. the catalyst legacy drivers have a ton of problems with Windows 8.

try to do any of your streaming apps or DRM apps with them... to save you the time, you can't. they won't work.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19388-camera-app-issues-catalyst-legacy-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok I ve been trying to get this video card to work for almost a solid week I tried contacting customer support but I got a generic email telling me to disable my onboard video which is already done System Dell Optiplex gx p Diamond Stealh s radeon se PCI p mb ram So hangs catalyst 2k drivers pro loading sp4 Windows I was using a Radeon and decided to upgrade the was working fine and figured it would be simple matter of uninstall the drivers swap Windows 2k pro sp4 hangs loading catalyst drivers the card reinstall drivers and bang it s done Windows 2k pro sp4 hangs loading catalyst drivers I was using windows xp SP and tried the drivers that were shipped with the card didn t work and the system would hang on boot st the loading screen If I disabled to primary adapter it would boot in VGA mode on the secondary apapter Figuring the drivers were not compatible with sp I uninstalled them and tried the latest drivers from ATI Same issue After much frustration and trying different varibles different drivers ati diamond I decided to try windows k pro after more frustration and more hours trying to get a different result I somehow got a working display with the latest DNA drivers from dguru com but I had no d accelleration every time I tried to load a program it told me i couldn t load the opengl subsystem and D D programs would simply hang So figuring I might as well try the latest catalyst drivers I m back to square one In short when I boot to VGA mode everything works fine but when I try to boot normally and win k trys to load the drivers I get a black screen with the moving progress bar from the quot applying network setting quot quot loading windows quot dialog box and then hangs I m at my wit s end here all I want is to get what I paid for and be on my way lol help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Release Notes nbsp nbsp Note KNOWN ISSUES The following section provides a summary of open issues that may AMD Windows? Preview 8 Drivers Catalyst? Consumer be experienced under the Windows operating system with the AMD Catalyst Driver for the Windows Consumer Preview These include Graphics corruption may be intermittently experienced while running the Metro UI in High Performance mode HDMI DisplayPort audio may be unavailable when AMD Catalyst? Drivers Windows? 8 Consumer Preview connected to an audio enabled display device Bezel compensation may not function as expected AMD Steady Video options may be missing on initial launch of the Vision Control Center The AMD Overdrive option may be missing in some configurations The list of supported HDTV modes may be incomplete or missing in some configurations Random flickering and screen corruption may be observed while AMD Catalyst? Drivers Windows? 8 Consumer Preview playing Dirt and F in DirectX mode Random flickering and screen corruption may be observed while playing Just Cause in DirectX mode Crysis may experience corruption when run in DirectX mode F may fail to launch when run in DirectX mode D video playback may not be available while running PowerDVD Flickering may be observed when playing World of Warcraft in HD D using the Tridef launcher Note This Driver is provided AS IS in accordance with the End User License Agreement Download A Guy

A:AMD Catalyst™ Drivers Windows® 8 Consumer Preview

I had problems and switch back to 12.1

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4081-amd-catalyst-drivers-windows-8-consumer-preview.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks And basically gotten nowhere so I turned to this and hopefully learn something new and fix my problem So I have an older model computer Pentium Hyper Threaded This computer has no more than an AGP bus Don t have enough money to upgrade so I m going computer Catalyst Problems with older Drivers. newer on to ignore Problems on older computer with newer Catalyst Drivers. anything about Problems on older computer with newer Catalyst Drivers. quot WHY DONT YOU BUY A NEW COMPUTER quot I simply can t right now The stock video card for this computer was an nVidia but now I got it with a ATI Radeon HD AGP and lost the disk that goes with the Video card My OS is Windows Media Center and can t seem to download the simple Catalyst from AMD but it won t download the install goes through then says it can t go any further and stops immediately I have Microsoft NET Framework I m sure Yet it still doesn t work and I don t know what to do really I ve been to DiamondMM com and that was the Manufacture for the video card but they didn t really have anything so I m not sure what to do I tried putting on the hotfix on my computer before I reformated for the nd time but it wouldn t even start up normally it would force itself to reset and go to Safe Mode Instead nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have an AMD Radeon HD 4870 card, prior to updating to 13.1 legacy drivers, 12.6 was working perfectly for me. However, after updating to 13.1 legacy drivers, videos can't play properly, they just show a green screen, and it happens to all sources: Online video players, Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic Home Cinema, VLC player. I wish to ask, anyone has any ideas what options are added to the control center i 13.1 legacy drivers, and how to solve this issue. Or, anyone would be kind to provide me the links to 12.6 legacy drivers. normal drivers will not work for my graphic card, only legacy drivers are working. I can't find any links myself . thanks in advance.

A:Green screen for videos using AMD Catalyst Legacy 13.1 drivers

I had a similar issue with Flash videos (Youtube etc.), streaming or watching locally stored videos. The solution was simple: disable Flash hardware acceleration. After this the videos played OK.

My thread about this issue: Flash videos: audio OK, no video, instead only solid green background (solution in post #5).

Might be it will not help you but it most certainly is worth to try.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287951-green-screen-videos-using-amd-catalyst-legacy-13-1-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i get a bsod when i have about youtube tabs open not a viurs because i get clean results with drivers youtube when BSOD 5 Catalyst tabs open AMD a malwarebytes scan and same for BSOD AMD Catalyst drivers when 5 youtube tabs open my old comp happend there too now it just randomly does it but on my old computer it said amd video drivers have stopped working before it bsods and sometimes i get a green screen for my video and it all glitches out i dont know what happend bsod does not specify the file causing the problem bsod info Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DA E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ronan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD AMD Catalyst drivers when 5 youtube tabs open

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the full crash reports.

In the meantime, some information regarding your bugcheck code:

Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4

These are all stop 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE conditions.

It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

The above quote was taken from http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post280172, which is linked to in usasma's thread about this error. Closely follow the first three posts of usasma's thread outlining STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and proceed through each step. Let us know if you need further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229501-bsod-amd-catalyst-drivers-when-5-youtube-tabs-open.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings I'm working on nuked Uninstall USB Utility Clean drivers Catalyst Intel a desktop where any AMD video card will not respond after the standard minute timeout to cut video the whole machine freezes It doesn't happen with nVidia cards at least with a ti so from what I could tell making sure that all Catalyst-related files were removed from the Catalyst Clean Uninstall Utility nuked Intel USB drivers machine was a good call I ran the AMD Catalyst Clean Uninstall Utility and found that it nuked Intel's USB drivers from the machine It's an AsRock Z Pro I hooked up a serial mouse and using the on-screen keyboard I downloaded installed the chipset drivers from AsRock's web site no joy then the latest version from Intel also with no change At this point I'm running sfc scannow and if it would help I will upload the logs This machine's specs AsRock Z Pro Intel i - K GB RAM TB Catalyst Clean Uninstall Utility nuked Intel USB drivers HDD AMD Radeon HD GB Also tried with Radeon HD Win Enterprise SP -bit Question Is this most easily fixed with a repair install Question Will a sysprep generalized fix it I have a genuine product key so either of the above are possibilities at least from an activation perspective EDIT UPDATE sfc scannow found no integrity violations

A:Catalyst Clean Uninstall Utility nuked Intel USB drivers

My own approach to uninstalling AMD drivers in order to install a newer version is to use Driver Fusion (formerly named Driver Sweeper).

There is a free version, but at its low price I use the "premium" version. It understands drivers.

Never had a problem with it uninstalling anything other than the exact AMD driver package (including Registry entries, etc.) I was trying to remove.
As far as finding drivers for the Intel USB components you saw got unintentionally removed with the AMD clean uninstall you ran, is the problem now that you can't get proper new versions of the deleted drivers reinstalled?

Do you have a "system restore points" you can restore from before you did the AMD uninstall? This should restore the working system at that point.

Do you have any complete "system image" backups you can recover from?

If you're just looking for help finding the Intel USB drivers for the machine, can you post a screenshot of Device Manager -> Properties for the "other devices" needing drivers, Details tab, and post the Hardware ID (second item in the Property dropdown list).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354206-catalyst-clean-uninstall-utility-nuked-intel-usb-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My catalyst control center was bugged so i decided to just do a complete uninstallation, which was successful. When i went to do the fresh install, the install manager would not give me the option of install the catalyst control center even though i uninstalled it. i have been looking through various fourms for solutions, but i only found one that seemed appropriate but it failed. it was the solution of looking in windows\assembly and uninstalling the ATI related products with the public key code of 90ba70f846762.

A:Catalyst control center wont install with the newest drivers

Welcome to the forum Carick
you didn't mention what type of ATI card you have to surch for the prob.
In the public key code usually there must be a 16 alpha numeric code and not 13.
And there must be two public keys related to ATI :ATICCCOM & ATIXCLIB.
Be careful.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/223645-catalyst-control-center-wont-install-newest-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi so my old GT240 card died on me so I bought a new Sapphire HD5770 1GB Vapor-X card. It arrived this morning, I uninstalled the old Nvidia Drivers, put the card in the PCI-E Slot, booted the computer, put the driver CD in, ran the installer and I got a message at the end of the install saying there were problems, I opened up the log file and nothing seemed to be wrong. But the drivers or the Catalyst Control Panel didn't even install! Im stuck on this really rubbish resolution and can't play games. I've tried driver sweeper to get rid of nvidia drivers and then tried reinstalling and that didn't work.

Hardware i'm using:

Motherboard: Asus P5KC
Processor: Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 4x 1GB RAM
700W OCZ PSU
Sapphire HD5770 1GB Vapor-X GPU

Hope you guys can help

A:Solved: Switching from NVidia to ATI - Catalyst Control Centre / Drivers Won't Instal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-switching-from-nvidia-to-ati-catalyst-control-centre-drivers-wont-instal.953246/
Relevancy 50.74%

The date says January get 'em now Quote This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft Windows Beta support for Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series of audio devices For more details read Beta 7 New Drivers Win X-Fi the rest of this web release note Take note of the following THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER There is no technical support for this driver We recommend New X-Fi Win 7 Beta Drivers that only experienced users install this driver Do not install this driver on a system used to perform critical tasks Users who New X-Fi Win 7 Beta Drivers are looking for stable drivers should wait for the final release When this happens user should install the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver available This download supports the following audio devices only Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Professional Series Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion Series Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal ty Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Blaster X-Fi Requirements Microsoft Windows Beta Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series audio devices listed above

A:New X-Fi Win 7 Beta Drivers

I just installed these drivers. I was previously using the latest Vista drivers. I'm running 64 bit.

These betas seem to have cleared up an issue I was having with COD:WAW. Whenever I used the game mode from the Creative Console launcher, the sound for the game would hang when shutting down the game and the game would hang upon shut down.

Now game mode can be used and WAW shuts down normally. HOWEVER, ALChemy still hangs the game at shut down. I can't use ALChemy with WAW. In game mode without ALChemy, I still get positional 3D sound from my 4.1 speakers.

For music, these drivers sound a bit crisper and cleaner in entertainment mode. All options work in entertainment mode, from CMSS 3D to EAX.

Creative has taken a step in the right direction with these drivers. Glad to see that they are paying attention, expecially to a beta OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/3070-new-x-fi-win-7-beta-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I ran Windows 7 Beta on my HP Pavilion laptop tx-1000, with it's internal NVIDIA nForce wireless adapter supporting b/g and n. It worked fine, then yesterday I loaded RC1.

Although the wireless connect SEES all the wireless networks, it can't connect to any (of mine, two total).

I've removed all the security from them, and connected to them with a desktop with a PCI wireless adapter, so they're good.

Did the driver set change from Beta?

Is there a comprehensive diagnostic process to determine WHY Windows 7 can't connect?

A:Drivers different from Beta?

There is some difference. I have a USB wireless adapter that was fine in Beta but, like yours, will not make a connection in RC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9381-drivers-different-beta.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Here is x - http downloads guru d com ForceWar load- html Here is x - http downloads guru d com ForceWar load- html As the title says new series Code The beta driver includes the PhysX system software the HD audio driver and has support for GeForce and GTX too series desktop cards and the ION GPUs Adds support for Blu-ray D with NVIDIA D Vision technology Increases performance for GeForce GTX Series GPUs in several PC games example o Up to in Aliens vs Predator x noAA AF Tessellation on o Up to in Batman Arkham Asylum x xAA xAF PhysX High o Up to in BattleForge x xAA xAF Very High settings o Up to in Call of Duty Modern Warfare x xAA beta NVIDIA New 257.15 drivers! xAF Up to in Crysis Warhead x xAA xAF Enthusiast setting o Up to in Enemy Territory Quake Wars x no AA AF o Up to in Far Cry x xAA xAF o Up to in Just Cause x no AA AF - Concrete Jungle o Up to in Metro x no AA xAF Tessellation on o Up to in Metro with SLI x xAA xAF Tessellation on o Up to in S T A L K E R Call of Pripyat x no AA AF Day o Up to in Stone Giant with SLI x Tessellation on DoF on o Up to in The Chronicles of New NVIDIA 257.15 beta drivers! Riddick Dark Athena x no AA AF o Up to in Unigine Tropics x no AA AF OpenGL o Up to in DMark Vantage Performance and Extreme Presets o Up to with Transparency AA x xTrSS measured in Crysis Adds support for OpenGL for GeForce GTX Series GPUs Adds support for CUDA Toolkit which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for -way SLI PCs including up to SLI x AA for GeForce series GPUs and up to SLI x AA for GeForce GTX series GPUs Adds support for a new Quality mode for NVIDIA s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature Adds a new Nvidia Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations Adds a new Nvidia Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application Includes numerous bug fixes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-nvidia-257-15-beta-drivers-485229.html
Relevancy 50.31%

GeForce Release 174

It increased my 3Dmark06 scores by almost 300 points!!

A:New Nvidia Beta drivers

Originally Posted by mean6

GeForce Release 174

It increased my 3Dmark06 scores by almost 300 points!!

Use caution!

I downloaded and installed the 32 bit drivers.

They toasted my sound.

They toasted my firewall.

They caused system wide havoc on permissions for all sorts of dll's and system files.

After several hours of restoration, I was able to get my system working again. Regular Microsoft system restore is a joke. I used a commercial third party program to affect my restoring my pc.

Caveat Emptor.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/142610-new-nvidia-beta-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Fixed Issues?Windows Vista 32-bit

Multi-GPU Issues
? [SLI]: Fallout3?the game crashes in some game maps when played at high
resolutions (1440x900 or higher) and high settings. [500665]
? [SLI], S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Benchmark?added an SLI profile for the
application.[506981]
? GeForce GTX 295: Occasionally, only one GPU is recognized as supporting CUDA
and PhysX after the system is rebooted. [506018]

Fixed Issues?Windows Vista 64-bit

Multi-GPU Issues
? [SLI]: Fallout3?the game crashes in some game maps when played at high
resolutions (1440x900 or higher) and high settings. [500665]
? [SLI], S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Benchmark?added an SLI profile for the
application.[506981]
The following are features that are not currently supported or have limited support in this driver release:
? NVIDIA SLI Antialiasing
? NVIDIA Control Panel Display Category
? The Graph tab on the Adjust Desktop Color Settings page is not available.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

XP X32
XP X64
Vista X32
Vista X64

A:Nvidia Beta 181.22 Drivers

oops sorry please merge with the main sticky nvidia drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/204394-nvidia-beta-181-22-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay I mentioned in the news post that I would post my findings here in the forums so here it is All I ve had time to test so far is dMark SE So far I m not impressed I mean their not bad but not good either Just as a prelude here I m not much of a benchmark person I mean Beta 29.42 Detonator drivers New most days now the dmark scores are more of a test of processor and video not just video So Nvidia goes out and tweaks their drivers a bit and because you didn t just go sell your kid to get the newest processor you don t New Beta 29.42 Detonator drivers see much anyways that s my rant Here s New Beta 29.42 Detonator drivers my results Older drivers DMarks or whatever New drivers DMarks That s New Beta 29.42 Detonator drivers right they went down I know it only went down points but that s not the point pardon the pun Point is it shouldn t have gone down Anyways as long as JK and UT and all that still play at blazing framerates I really don t care And maybe it s just my system and it s a fluke If it is then if other people post their results we ll be able to tell System specs MHz AMD T-Bird MB PC- Ram GeForce Ti ASUS A V MHz bus SBLive and so on and so forth nbsp

A:New Beta 29.42 Detonator drivers

I tried these 29.42's and only gained a few points,
from the 28.90's,but they ARE INDEED SIGNED,(WHQL),
therefore I will keep them installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-beta-29-42-detonator-drivers.1726/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey folks,
quick question about the latest nvidia beta drivers (169.09).
i've heard that they fix a problem with neverwinter nights, but i'm loath to install them without checking out their general reliability.
anyone picked them up and used them enough to get an opinion?

A:Nvidia beta drivers

Check for info on the Nvidia website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-beta-drivers.93758/
Relevancy 50.31%

Netgear Drivers At last after about a week of asking a proper reply from Netgear They could learn to spell though LOL PM Hello Chris My name is Bob and beta says to Netgear drivers? NO I am a Level Escalation Support Technician I have read your case notes and I understand that you are requesting drivers for Windows Netgear will not be releasing any drives for Windows Beta There will not be Netgear says NO to beta drivers? any drives until Windows is a regular release If this was an original email case please DO NOT REPLY to this message please go to the email portal located at http my netgear com myNETGEAR support asp and reply from there A system generated e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address Netgear says NO to beta drivers? to inform you that we have responded to your inquiry Please DO NOT REPLY to the e-mail sent to your e-mail address Instead If you want to reply to the message above and have additional query please click quot no quot when the system ask you quot Was your problem resolved with the information provided by the NETGEAR representative above quot When you select YES your case will be closed and a separate e-mail containing a survey link will be sent to you to measure your customer support experience Please be aware that your case will auto-close after days of inactivity Did you know that NETGEAR provides support for your home networking devices and PCs One-stop solution No need to call multiple vendors for support If you would like to learn more about the NETGEAR GearHead services please click here Thanks again for choosing NETGEAR Have a great day Sincerely Bob L Technical Support NETGEAR Inc NETGEAR Support Contact Information Call Toll Free -NETGEAR or with email support cases update your case through the portal by visiting our web site at http my netgear com myNETGEAR support asp For the latest updates to our manuals drivers and software visit our web site at http kbserver netgear com

A:Netgear says NO to beta drivers?

I love this bit as a PS to such a letter:
"Did you know that NETGEAR provides support for your home networking devices and PCs? One-stop solution! No need to call multiple vendors* for support. If you would like to learn more about the NETGEAR GearHead services please click here "

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3164-netgear-says-no-beta-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed this driver last night and what a difference. When I installed any previous Nvidia driver, and enabled SLI the computer would freeze for a bit and would require a reboot. However after installing this driver the computer didn't freeze at all or require a reboot. Every game seems to be working fine that I play, and they seem to be running a lot smoother. Anybody else having luck with these drivers?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/91298-163-77-nvidia-beta-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Anyone tried 186.08 with W7 7201 yet?

Cheers,John

A:Beta drivers/W7 7201

I have not, but I will install it when I get home, maybe my 8800GTX will start working again.

Jv

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/12089-beta-drivers-w7-7201-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello sevenforums,

I've played the BF3 beta two times now with NVIDIA's BF3 optimized beta drivers, and I've had two BSOD's. Both occurred after being on the server for about 15-20 minutes. I suspect the beta drivers are causing it but the crashing still suggests they don't mesh well with my system, and I'd like to know why.

specs
Win 7 64 pro
Gigabyte 560 Ti SOC 960mhz .975v
Asus P6T SE
i7 920 @ 3.2GHz 1.2v
OCZ Obsidian 3x2GB 1600mhz
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb

A:BSOD in BF3 beta, 285.38 drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by lehtv

Hello sevenforums,

I've played the BF3 beta two times now with NVIDIA's BF3 optimized beta drivers, and I've had two BSOD's. Both occurred after being on the server for about 15-20 minutes. I suspect the beta drivers are causing it but the crashing still suggests they don't mesh well with my system, and I'd like to know why.

Thanks

specs
Win 7 64 pro
Gigabyte 560 Ti SOC 960mhz .975v
Asus P6T SE
i7 920 @ 3.2GHz 1.2v
OCZ Obsidian 3x2GB 1600mhz
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb

Quite a few issues here
1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-SPTD.SYS

This is another large cause used by daemon tools and alcohol120

Remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done:DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

3- Your Avast. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

4-Old drivers needing updating

Code:
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM fffff880`04c67000 fffff880`04c6f000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c
RTCore64.sys 5/25/2005 2:39:12 AM fffff880`094fe000 fffff880`09504000 0x00006000 0x42941d90
lirsgt.sys 6/17/2008 11:17:08 AM fffff880`08a57000 fffff880`08a64000 0x0000d000 0x4857d574
hidusbf.sys 2/11/2009 6:25:00 AM fffff880`06978000 fffff880`06979a80 0x00001a80 0x4992a77c
Rt64win7.sys 2/26/2009 5:04:13 AM fffff880`0ff62000 fffff880`0ff94000 0x00032000 0x49a65b0d
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189952-bsod-bf3-beta-285-38-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.45%

The new GeForce beta driver is now available to download Including the latest game and performance optimisations the new beta drivers are recommended for players of GRID and other recent releases For users of WHQL today s new driver fixes the majority of the reported issues Beta Released 320.49 Drivers GeForce Your feedback is invaluable and greatly assists us in fixing bugs If you GeForce 320.49 Beta Drivers Released experience any issues please post a full and detailed report on the GeForce co uk Feedback Forum where our Customer Care team can better assist you Click to expand http www geforce co uk whats-new articles nvidia-geforce- - -beta-drivers-released Windows Vista -bit Windows -bit Windows -bit Release Summary This is the launch driver for the newly released GeForce GTX GeForce drivers includes several fixes for issues reported with drivers Refer to the release notes for a full list of fixed issues New in GeForce R Drivers Performance Boost Increases performance by up to for GeForce series GPUs in several PC games vs GeForce WHQL-certified drivers Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration Here is one example of measured gains GeForce GTX Up to in Dirt Showdown Up to in Tomb Raider Up to in Metro Last Light Up to in Sleeping Dogs Up to in StarCraft II Up to in Sniper Elite V Up to in Metro Up to in Far Cry Up to in Deus Ex Human Revolution Up to in F GeForce GTX SLI Up to in Dirt Showdown Up to in Tomb Raider Up to in Metro Last Light Up to in Assassin s Creed III Up to in StarCraft II Up to in Far Cry Up to in Deus Ex Human Revolution Up to in Battlefield Up to in BioShock Infinite Up to in F SLI Technology Added SLI profile for Alien Fear Added SLI profile for Call of Juarez Gunslinger Added SLI profile for Dead Island Riptide Added SLI profile for Dragon Sword Added SLI profile for Neverwinter Added SLI profile for Far Cry Blood Dragon Added SLI profile for GRID Added SLI profile for Human Head Added SLI profile for Remember Me Added SLI profile for The Walking Dead Survival Instinct Updated SLI profile for Natural Selection Updated SLI profile for Resident Evil Updated SLI profile for Trackmania Canyon Additional Details Installs PhysX System Software Installs HD Audio v Includes support for applications built using CUDA or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit More information at http developer nvidia com cuda-toolkit Supports OpenGL for GeForce -series and later GPUs Supports DisplayPort for GeForce GTX series GPUs Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing CUDA C CUDA C CUDA Fortran OpenCL DirectCompute and Microsoft C AMP Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX DirectX DirectX and OpenGL including -way SLI Quad SLI and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards Click to expand nbsp

A:GeForce 320.49 Beta Drivers Released

Cheers VR

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/geforce-320-49-beta-drivers-released.4058996/
Relevancy 49.45%

There are new Nvidia Beta drivers for Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.
181.71 released 3/2/2009

NVIDIA Graphics Supercharge Microsoft Windows 7

A:New Nvidia Beta drivers, 181.71 for Windows 7

Will give these a try - thanks.

Apparently these supercharge the Windows 7 experience. Is this just marketing guff? I was under the impression that the Windows 7 experience was pretty much identical to the Vista experience in terms of graphics APIs.

edit: just read that these drivers support WDDM 1.1 on 8. 9. and above hardware so performance is enhanced over Vista. We'll see

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4702-new-nvidia-beta-drivers-181-71-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows Beta Multi-Touch Is Much Improved I documented my experience with the Windows pre-beta N-Trig s Win multi-touch driver and the Dell Latitude XT Tablet PC back in November Most folks will remember that experience as being pretty lousy Well there is finally Ntrig released Beta Drivers some good news to report I just finished installing Windows Beta and the latest N-Trig multi-touch drivers for Windows on the XT and I m pleased to report that the experience is much improved Picture zooming rotations zooming in web page etc Ntrig Beta Drivers released are all much smoother and I what I Ntrig Beta Drivers released expected when I first tested it Zooming could be still be improved but it is much better than the pre-beta In addition there is no vectoring when switching from pen to touch inking etc See update below This feels like a solid multi-touch experience Microsoft and N-Trig should be commended There are no N-Trig dialog feedback dialogs and no N-Trig control panel options other than an About panel Windows has clearly taken over the multi-touch experience from beginning to end via Windows Beta Multi-Touch Is Much Improved GottaBeMobile com

A:Ntrig Beta Drivers released

I removed part of the article so we're not quoting too much of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2180-ntrig-beta-drivers-released.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Intel has posted new beta graphics drivers for Windows Worth a shot From http downloadcenter intel com Deta amp DwnldID Detailed Description Purpose This software Intel drivers Windows for Beta HD 8 driver package will install the beta graphics driver for the Intel HD Graphics amp Intel HD Graphics for Windows Release Preview These beta drivers will not function with any other product View the README file for installation information and the RELEASE NOTES for driver version details This driver package Beta Intel HD drivers for Windows 8 contains version for Windows This package also includes the Video BIOS files According to the license agreement these preview drivers are provided quot as is quot Usage These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes However computer original equipment manufacturers OEMs may have altered the features incorporated customizations or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7071-beta-intel-hd-drivers-windows-8-a.html