Windows Support Forum

Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

Q: Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

I have a Soundblaster Z on my PC that was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 today. Now the sound still works but sounds like there is hardly any treble at all. It sounds like singers in songs are singing in a tunnel or something. You can't hardly make out what the vocalist is saying over top of the background music.

Can someone please help me fix this!?!?!?!?!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

Not yet maybe. According to Creative's website, drivers for Soundblaster Z will be available in August 2015. It doesn't say exactly when though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-messed-up-my-soundblaster-z.217435/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I use stereo headphones for gaming and want a good surround sound experience. The RX is 7.1 the Z is only 5.1, what would be the best choice?

A:Soundblaster Audigy RX vs Soundblaster Z

The Soundblaster Audigy RXhas a SNR of 106dB while the Creative Sound Blaster z is 116dB. since your only using stereo headphones the 7.1 vs the 5.1 doesnt matter for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-audigy-rx-vs-soundblaster-z.198843/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, ive just upgraded my system from xp straight to windows 7 ultimate 64-bit... and installed all the drivers needed for my motherboard... but i had a creative soundblaster live! 5.1 audio card which windows 7 is not detecting on my system (uknown device, multimedia audio controller). i have downloaded drivers for my on board sound driver which is via technologies and got the stereo mix working fine. which is what i need to record.. but i cant seem to get no sound coming out of the speakers with my microphone and obviously cant record from pc by stereo mix with no sound coming out of microphone aswell............ basically i want to know if theres any drivers for my sound blaster card which will let me get on with recording sound and using my microphone aswell..

As you can tell im new to all this and dont have a clue what im doing haha,
Any help? Thanks Cozzy

A:Soundblaster Live! 5.1 on windows 7

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums

You can download the driver for creative from Creative Worldwide Support

Or can try the Auto Update http://support.creative.com/download...utoUpdate.aspx

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/45435-soundblaster-live-5-1-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone before i reinstall windows maybe one of you guys can help me out I just installed windows ultimate bit on my dual core E P B system Fresh installation Before that i had XP pro SP I have soundcards i use the PCI creative soundblaster live but there is also the onboard one Both are detected by windows and for both i found some drivers after some research - Creative i installed the kvx drivers latest version - Onboard its activated in the BIOS and i installed the latest soundmax drivers seven drivers both show up in the computer hardware listing and in the audio mixer I even get the green levels showing that there soundblaster/onboar Windows x64 Sound No Seven ultimate is an audio No Sound Windows Seven ultimate x64 soundblaster/onboar output However i get absolutely no sound from my speakers and its working checked on my No Sound Windows Seven ultimate x64 soundblaster/onboar ipod right before i also used my headphones from the creative nor the onboard audio cards Nothing which No Sound Windows Seven ultimate x64 soundblaster/onboar is why i suspect it might be related to the windows audio interface and not the drivers themselves But i might be wrong about that So what can i do now Anyone faced the same situation before PS i work in IT so i tried all the basic stuff but please speak away if you think i might have forgotten something PPS yes also i checked the other threads and didnt find anything so far but maybe i skipped something important

A:No Sound Windows Seven ultimate x64 soundblaster/onboar

Aral

Hi and welcome. I have a sound blaster around here soomewhere. Let me see if I can replicate the problem. mine 64bit win 7 ultimate, 4 gigs. take me a bit so if I dont come back PM me. Im working win 7 and vista so I dont wnat it to fall thru the cracks.

Nicely writen first post btw. I assume you have checked all the usual stuff, so completely out of left field: are you using the default win 7 sounds? Im feeling if the system sounds work and you are getting response on the green bars that the cpanel has to be installed correctly but check device manger. maybe even see if there is an older vista driver just in case.

Let me go find that sound blaster while its still light.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/30710-no-sound-windows-seven-ultimate-x64-soundblaster-onboar.html
Relevancy 46.01%

If anyone has a suggestion I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Dell Desktop computer (8300) I need a driver for the soundcard (soundblaster 1024...NOT audigy) Win xp home OS. No driver found on the drivers and utilities disk although this is the card that came pre-installed. It worked fine until a RAM upgrade now it tells me that it needs the driver to be re-installed. Does anyone know where I could download the driver for this. P.S. I've tried a few generic NT drivers and some 1024 drivers and none of them work. So I'm guessing it HAS to be affiliated with Dell??? I don't really know. I would appreaciate any help with this.

Relevancy 46.01%

Ive got an asus M4A785-M mother board running windows 7 home pro.

the action center says I have a sound card problem and that my "sound blaster x-fi" card needs a driver.
One problem. Im using the sound card thats built into the mother board, and there is no other card
installed on the machine because i could not get a windows 7 driver for them.

any ideas how to eliminate this error?

Thanks.

also, im thinking im going to have to upgrade the MB when windows 10 comes out anyways, so why bother getting a new Sound blaster card for this one?

A:windows says my (non installed) soundblaster card needs update

If you used to have a separate sound card installed windows probably stored something about it that causes that message. I would just ignore it, there's no need to get a new sound card as long as the on-board sound works ok now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-says-my-non-installed-soundblaster-card-needs-update.1151027/
Relevancy 46.01%

It seems that the soundblaster cards are currently not working with Windows 8. To be expected since this is a pre beta. But I installed the drivers for my Extreme Gamer and it was crashing every few minutes. I then reinstalled Windows without installing the drivers and it was STILL crashing every few minutes. I have no removed my SoundBlaster entirely from the PC and so far, it hasn't crashed once.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/2848-soundblaster-extreme-gamer-crashing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

undefined
Does anyone know which Soundblaster driver I should use for Windows Server 2003 with Soundblaster Live card? Thanks to the martians who maintain Creative's website, I'm lost! :hotouch:

A:Windows Server 2003/ Soundblaster Live Drivers

Try the one for XP Pro or 2000 Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2003-soundblaster-live-drivers.18802/
Relevancy 45.58%

For windows bit version I found some instructions online to put the equalizer control back for the X-FI xtreme audio pci card on windows The X-FI xtreme audio is actually base on an audigy chipset so it is possible to use the X-FI driver with the audigy software I have put the files together for download here http www filedropper com audigytox-fiextremeaudio xpvista This is a temporary download and will be active as long as it is being downloaded Get it while you can If someone has a more permanant file server they could X-FI back xtreme 7 audio,get the Soundblaster windows equalizer put it on it would be appreciated Instructions Remove all creative software from programs and features in control panel Soundblaster properties requires a restart After restart right click quot computer quot and click properties Click on device manager Right click the soundblaster card under the sound video and game controllers listing and click uninstall Select the box quot delete drivers for this device quot and uninstall Restart the computer Once the computer is restarted unzip the downloaded folder to extract the files Find the Soundblaster X-FI xtreme audio,get the equalizer back windows 7 setup program in the folder and run it During installation you may get a warning about a newer version of control Soundblaster X-FI xtreme audio,get the equalizer back windows 7 panel already installed setup will exit Just click OK and setup will move to the next step Once installation is complete you will notice in start all programs creative that creative console launcher is now installed You can use that to access the equalizer in entertainment mode You will need to disable the automatic update so it doesn t change the software nbsp

A:Soundblaster X-FI xtreme audio,get the equalizer back windows 7

Hello, I'm using windows XP SP3 and creative console launcher v2.30.32. My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

I have a problem with this application (creative console launcher v2.30.32) because I have to restart settings on each start up, means creative console launcher seems can't save my settings. For example: I have set the speaker setting to headphones mode and disable CMSS3D, and then it runs well, but after I restart my computer, the setting back to default(2.2 1 speaker, CMSS3D enabled) instead of my settings.

Why this problem occurred? Do you have any solution to this problem so I don't need to always set again the speaker settings on each Windows start up?
Thank you. I hope there is a solution to this problem.

Kev.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-get-the-equalizer-back-windows-7.892524/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have an old test PC where I recently installed Windows Pro -bit to check the performance and compatibility with devices and applications The onboard sound card is a Realtek AC' which as described in this thread will cause a BSOD if you try to install the latest Realtek drivers The solution was to manually install an older version of the Windows XP -bit driver Since the driver is meant for Windows XP -bit as you may guess is not compatible with Windows -bit It installed the playback devices Realtek AC' audio Speakers and Windows Live! Installing in 64-bit SoundBlaster Creative 10 1024 Realtek AC' Digital Output and I can play any sound perfectly but it didn't install any recording device so I cannot record any sound I have an old Creative SoundBlaster Live PCI card model CT so I decided to install it and give it a try For each attempt I restarted in Test mode Disable driver signatures just to make sure the driver will install whether is signed or not The official Creative BETA driver for Windows XP -bit installed quot successfully quot but no sound was produced from the speakers There was no official driver for Vista -bit or newer not even for Vista -bit or newer so I tried the SB Live SupportPack unofficial SB driver by Daniel K The same again it installed quot successfully quot but no Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit sound came from the speakers I wasn't so happy that I couldn't use a Creative driver either official or unofficial so I got my last resort the third-party KX Project audio driver It installed quot successfully quot but again I could not hear any sound from the speakers connected to the green speaker output which normally is for the front speakers I opened the KX mixer and tried to Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit test the speakers when I got an error that quot Failure to produce sound quot I was about to give up when I opened the Playback devices and I noticed devices instead of Speakers and Digital These were strangely named quot Master Mixer quot quot Wave Out quot quot Wave Out quot quot Wave Out quot quot SPDIF AC output quot So I kept my speakers connected to the green output front and then right-clicked on each device and selected quot Test quot Finally I was able to hear sound from quot Wave Out quot device so set that default I can perfectly play any sound now I haven't tested recording from quot Recording Mixer quot device yet but I hope it works EDIT I just noticed a setting quot Swap front and back speakers quot in KX mixer It was enabled swap When I disabled it the sound now comes as expected from the quot Master Mixer quot and quot Wave Out quot So I set quot Master Mixer quot default as it should I think that's one step forward I'll let you know if recording works once I get the chance to test it Just for the record the KX mixer still gives an error quot Failure to produce sound quot when testing the speakers but I don't care if sound works in all other applications So it is possible to make an old Creative SoundBlaster card work in Windows even on Windows -bit but I'm not very satisfied with the way it is done I would prefer using Creative drivers for best performance compatibility Anyway I'll live with that PS The KX Project is available for Mac OS X for all of you wanting to use a Creative SoundBlaster and Audigy card in a Hanckitosh regular PC running Mac OS X

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44573-installing-creative-soundblaster-live-1024-windows-10-64-bit.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I ll just use this form and add some info Please provide the following information Make and model of your computer assuming the PC was purchased at a retail store etc Dell Dimensions When you access Device Manager what audio device is listed Quite a few not sure if this could be the issue http i photobucket com Windows XP sound Solved: Dim. problem, 4600 2 w/SoundBlaster Audigy No Dell albums b alabamaman device jpg When you access Control Panel - gt Sounds what is your default audio Solved: No sound problem, Windows XP Dell Dim. 4600 w/SoundBlaster Audigy 2 device if any SB Audigy Audio FEC Have you made any recent hardware changes No Have you made any recent software changes Yes I have tried to uninstall the consoles and tried updating the drivers Through Creative and through Windows -------------------------------------------------------- Alright so this computer is pretty old but works pretty damn well besides the audio of course When I got it it came with the SoundBlaster Audigy sound card Couple days ago I turned my computer back on after it not being used for a long time and found the sound was gone I can t recall if I did anything to hinder this I ve tried to update reinstall the drivers and any consoles associated with this but no luck Could it be possible that another sound driver is being used at this time instead of the intended Audigy Looking at the pictures and everything it looks okay http i photobucket com albums b alabamaman overall jpg Etc Mute is unchecked SB Audigy is selected as my audio device How easy would it be to switch back to the sound card already built in There s a green audio plug in the front bottom of the unit or even if there s one nbsp

A:Solved: No sound problem, Windows XP Dell Dim. 4600 w/SoundBlaster Audigy 2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-problem-windows-xp-dell-dim-4600-w-soundblaster-audigy-2.963933/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently got SP2 for XP Pro, and it screwed up my comp horribly. After installing XP Pro (from XP Home) all settings and everything were destroyed. However, when placing some icons back on the desktop, they became jumbled. I stopped putting things on the start menu and desktop until I can get this fixed. Thanks. (I had a few other errors as well. IE and OE were missing, and 2 DLLs were gone. Those I have fixed though.)

A:[resolved] My icons are all messed up (not disorganized, the image is messed up)

Try downloading TweakUI from here on the Microsoft Website. There is a function inside it which will repair your icons. See if this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-my-icons-are-all-messed-up-not-disorganized-the-image-is-messed-up-56540.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I reverted from Windows back to Every time I open mail I get a message quot recovering database quot Bunches of emails downloaded and when I deleted them some of them could not be deleted back mail reverting after live Windows to messed Windows 7 up from the deleted box So I did research and found that I should reconfigure my email by deleting the account and recreating Windows live mail messed up after reverting back to Windows 7 it Well now things are a mess I think I deleted the account even though it still is there but will not accept new email I have never understood this live mail thing I have a skybeam account that I use that is what I want to use But I log into live mail with a hotmail account I am so confused I want to recreate my skybeam account but do not know how Do I need to call the company for the server data Do I use the hotmail account I don't get it All I know is I have important emails coming to this account I will not be able to see Where can I read live mail online Help please

A:Windows live mail messed up after reverting back to Windows 7

Hi .. The Link below should help ....

My Webmail - SKYBEAM

It is a 10 digit SKYBEAM number ... Should be your Account Number ...
SKYBEAM - Webmail Services

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/378214-windows-live-mail-messed-up-after-reverting-back-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently purchesed a computer a couple months ago and with it came Windows XP Home Edition. Ever since I got this OS whenever I play videos in WMP everything looks wierd and psychadalic and does not show up
correctly. But the sound works fine. I have tried downloading all the updates but nothing is helping. I tried downloading the newest Divx Codec and making sure video overlay was working correctly. This only happens with non quicktime files. The only way to watch these files correctly is to open up k-lite and playing them in there, then going over to WMP and playing the file. As soon as I close K-lite and I play a movie in WMP it is not working again.

A:Windows Media Player is messed up (Windows XP Home)

I have been trying to fix this problem for a few months and it has happened since I bought it. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-is-messed-up-windows-xp-home.244665/
Relevancy 38.7%

My computer s start menu will not load up I have tried running explorer exe from the quot new task quot area in my task manager with no luck I am only able to view my desktop background and run programs displaying, up messed Windows Start not Menu windows through task manager Can somebody please help Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Windows Start Menu not displaying, windows messed up on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Windows Start Menu not displaying, windows messed up MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Windows Start Menu not displaying, windows messed up Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPC exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system TASKMAN EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot H Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot H Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Dhuxucafuvahoh rundll exe quot C WINDOWS Xbuvofata dll quot e O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DriverUpdaterPro C Program Files XPC Tools Driver Updater Pro DriverUpdaterPro exe -t O - HKCU Run Picasa Media Detector C Program ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-start-menu-not-displaying-windows-messed-up.776884/
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok, it's just some very bad luck or just some sort of jinx, anyway, i got a problem, i own a windows vista home premium OEM, but it's asking me for a key to activate it, and i type in the key but it says it's invalid, i cant even format my system, i can do nothing, anyone that can help me?

A:Windows messed up?

tell about the oem disk - did it come with that system or another system? is it the original os for that specific system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-messed-up-536682.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Any one know what the problem might be? I try to open Internet Explorer but all i get is a white screen. When i try to open some files from my desktop a window pops up asking me if want to Open/Save the file. Im always asked if i want to open/save files even if theyre part of my system. I believe its a problem with explorer. Help Me PLZ.

Relevancy 38.7%

Well I installed Windows RC days ago and I love it However I thought I could put all the short cuts seriously up......help? I messed Windows RC, 7 on the bottom taskbar and then delete them from the desktop So I did that for everything except Garbage Bin and now whenever I try to open one of the things I deleted Windows 7 RC, I seriously messed up......help? from the desktop I get the message quot The item refferred Windows 7 RC, I seriously messed up......help? to by this shortcut cannot be accessed You may need special permission quot I tried to find the program files to make a copy of the exe s but I m still new to windows Please help I cant even go onto the internet Im using my brothers computer I tried to do system restore but it said quot Cannot access C system blahblah quot I tried to upgrade using the Installation DVD but it said it couldn t read quot E quot Please help Maybe I have a virus I forgot to set up an anti virus software Gah I m so stupid nbsp

A:Windows 7 RC, I seriously messed up......help?

Have you got many personal files installed , pictures, music or any other that you have saved onto cd/dvd or flash drive?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-rc-i-seriously-messed-up-help.837567/
Relevancy 38.7%

I downloaded the service pack upgrade for windows xp home edition and installed it When I rebooted the computer would go through bios and the xp home edition loading screen Then a blue screen of text would flash for windows messed xp sp1 up like a milisecond and then my computer would reboot sp1 messed up windows xp and the same thing would happen over and over again I tried going into safe mode which worked and ran a virus scan and did a number sp1 messed up windows xp of norton utility things of those that worked in safe mode They didn t pick up anything wrong I did system restore to the day before I installed sp which didn t solve anything So I tried to reinstall windows xp Everything went fine but after the quot installing componants quot part is finished or somewhere around there that blue screen flashes and the computer restarts If I start from that same point in the install i can t start over cause i can t go into safe mode now the same thing happens If I try to boot the computer normally windows xp partially loads and then the blue screen comes up but I can actually read it cause at the bottom it says stopped and then a bunch of hex code Anyway the blue screen is just saying that there is a problem with windows and stuff you can do to fix it So I m pretty much stuck I was thinking of starting with a boot disk converting my main hard drive to FAT since it s in NTFS and then installing windows ME and then try installing windows XP I m not sure that will work though Oh by the way my version of windows xp home edition is an upgrade nbsp

A:sp1 messed up windows xp

First of all,
If you want to run it as FAT-32, then you'll need to Debug the drive or use the Disk utilities from the Hard Drive Maker to "Write Zeros"

Once that is done, you can install the XP Upgrade by booting to the CD. It will ask for your Qualifying product tho...at which time you'll put in your Win9x/NT/2000 cd to verify and it will then continue with the install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sp1-messed-up-windows-xp.96034/
Relevancy 38.7%

This might be a little hard messed in up Something windows 10 for me to explain but I will Something messed up in windows 10 try My windows gets in a condition where if I try to use some Something messed up in windows 10 apps like the built in weather app or the calculator it will pop up a big notice that says quot this app can't open with the built in administrator account please sign in with a different account and try again quot well I don't have any other accounts on this computer SO if I go to system restore and restore it back to a restore point that I made when it was working right it will work right again I have loads of questions about this problem but the most pressing one right now is how do I correct this wirhout doing a system restore and what puts it in that condition in the first place Sorry for such a long post but it's the only way I know how to explain it Thanks for any and all help

A:Something messed up in windows 10

The obvious first question here is:

The account you are working under - is it really the built-in administrator account or not?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51915-something-messed-up-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I am not a technically sound but normally I manage to repair my computer s problems by following the forums I had a FakeAgent virus infection last week which I managed to clean by installing SuperAntispyware My Mcafe up Windows Pro sp3 Messed XP Seriously although confirmed cleaning it many times but wasn t successful even MBAM failed to Seriously Messed up Windows XP Pro sp3 trace However after cleaning I realized that I am not able to use system restore although I had several restore points Also I couldn t boot in safe mode any advanced mode I tried few solutions from various forums but nothing worked Finally I downloaded Safeboot program learning in one forum and used it to boot in safe mode My computer then showed the advanced boot option but once windows screen started it ended up with blue screen error quot stop x E xC xF B xF FA E xF FA E quot The only way was to restart using power button but always ended up at the blue screen I surfed several forums to find a solution and finally decided to use XP Pro SP CD to use recovery console or repair When I used the one I got it never offered any recovery or repair option and rather started installing it on C drive without cleaning the existing system flies When I realized it is trying to install fresh I stopped Now I have one existing corrupted installation and other one is half installed XP so now I get two boot options The existing ends up in blue screen and the other one looks forward to complete the set up Obviously I don t want fresh installation at all My goal is to first recover the data and then repair XP and finally erase the halfway installed XP in the same partition where OS in installed Is it possible to achieve Can someone help by explaining step by step procedure Should I complete the half installation and if I do can I use that to recover my data and eventually repair the first one Will it work that way I have already spent two whole days in first cleaning the virus and finally landing up in a messed up state Please help Thanking you all in advance

A:Seriously Messed up Windows XP Pro sp3

The best option is going to be to retrieve your data, plug the drive into another PC and transfer all of the data off of it. I would then format the drive, it sounds as if there's quite a lot of issues going on with the PC. Do a fresh Install of XP after this, it will save a lot of hastle.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403456/seriously-messed-up-windows-xp-pro-sp3/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone First time user and at my whit s end with my computer Bear with me as my computer knowledge is very limited I have a Gateway GHZ celeron with GB of ram I also have a Radeon Video Card forgot the exact model I up messed Windows XP all went to activate my Windows XP all messed up computer from standby mode and it Windows XP all messed up would not come up I did a hard reboot and when windows came back up it was real slow and the computer monitor did not quot turn on quot until it entered windows It seemed to be in safe mode No icons were available on the desktop and the background I had was reduced in size and surrounded by the basic green background color The other colors are also screwed up the seemed very basic I was able to get McAfees to come up and am currently running a virus scan The start button with it s options is available but with very limited use I tried a system restore but the window would not appear Whatever I open seems to open the window on the far left side of the screen beyond the reach of the mouse Bottom line is the computer is for the most part inoperable If anyone out there has any advice for me it would be most greatly appreciated Thanks -Eric nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

OK,

I have a 2009 Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. The other day, I tried to boot windows 7 and it gave me the error: Corrupted registry. I said no biggie, just format and re-install windows. I did that, and it will boot once every 50 tries or so.

When it does boot, it is as slow as hell. How do i get it to work normally again??? I REALLY need it tomarrow. Please help.

A:Windows is messed up. Please help.

Sounds like there was still some corrupted files left on the HDD. Give Parted Magic a try and re install. Info on how to use Parted Magic here

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150323-windows-messed-up-please-help.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Right i started by using partition magic to try and partition my hard drive. I followed the instructions that it said on screen and it was all going fine until it asked me to make rescue diskettes. I dont have a Floppy drive on my pc and carried on regardless. Neways now my pc wont boot it gets to a black screen telling me to boot into safe mode, Normall mode etc. Whatever option you choose it just restarts the computer and you are back to sqaure 1. Also when you try and insert a boot cd it just says insert correct boot media......... Help?

A:Messed up windows

I had similar problems with PM years ago and ended up formatting the drive. It worked for about a year and then caused all kinds of problems. I no longer use it...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/messed-up-windows-200932.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Recently today I tried to reinstall windows xp home edition on my computer which already had windows xp home edition... dont ask. The installation failed to load a file so I just quit and restarted.

Anyways the problems were...
- On start up I would have to choose between Windows xp home edition or Windows xp Setup
- My desktop looks stretched out, scrolling takes forever and looks like it blinks kind of on the screen, and when I move any window it takes a long time and also kind of blinks on the screen while it moves.

I edited my boot.ini file so I fixed the start up problem. The only problem I have now is that my desktop background looks kinda messed up, you can see ripples and when I scroll it takes forever and quickly blinks, and when I move click and drag anything it runs slow and kind of blinks.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 38.27%

I installed a Windows 8 Transformation pack on my Windows 7 laptop. I decided it didn't look to great so I reverted back from a previous restore point I created. However the default folder icon did not revert back to default after the restore.

Here is a screenshot:
[IMG]http://s15.**************/hp4f8fwln/folder.png[/IMG]

Also on my desktop there are 2 folders with a custom icon I assaigned that now has a weird smaller icon in front of it.

Here is a screenshot:
[IMG]http://**************/image/z6imxsa0j/[/IMG]
[IMG]http://s15.**************/hdrk9f5jb/ssda.png[/IMG]

How do I fix these issues?!? They're driving me nuts!

A:Messed up windows 7 icons

this may fix it

Icon Cache - Rebuild - Windows 7 Forums

if not then this ought to, you may have to run it a couple of times.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219575-messed-up-windows-7-icons.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it's basically everything update up messed Windows windows 's fault and I'm trying to get back on it so here goes Long story short- Windows forces an update power goes down while it's doing it everything goes to hell When I boot normally I get options- to start windows normally this one of course is out of question and to launch repair setup which requires a Windows update messed everything up windows installation disc from me The main problem is that my cd dvd rom doesn't work and system does not detect pendrive with windows installation as a source for repair yes I did make a bootable usb but I honestly have no idea if it's enough I Windows update messed everything up even came to the point where I am willing to wipe my c drive BUT here's another problem When I try to boot windows installation from usb I get this at first screen I get a gray loading bar with quot windows is preparing files quot written below it then windows loading appears- the one with flashy lights etc and after that I get a black screen with cursor on it Nothing happens after that I tried with multiple versions of windows iso and everytime it's the same story I am thinking about installing ubuntu on top of everything and try to do something from there but I am not this good with computers and don't want to mess things up even more Help me pc masters you're my only hope

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/128490-windows-update-messed-everything-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I was trying to change my Windows Explorer appearance using some things like this (http://seahorsepip.deviantart.com/art/Token-ExplorerFrame-Beta-3-155371375 - not the one, just an example). This involves replacing system files such as explorer.exe and explorerframe.dll. When I was installing one theme I messed up somehow and disabled dwm.exe (the theme apparently required it). I just ignored the problem and started using the basic windows 7 theme instead (no transparency). Today I tried switching it to the Windows 98 style theme, and that made it so Windows explorer crashes when I try to start it up (except for the taskbar). I can't switch it back because I can't open explorer...is there some way that I can reset those files that are messed up? Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

Wow just recently I had finally gotten rid of a problem with the help of some of the guys here koudos for that that now just hours ago I got infected by a very malicious virus called smart HDD I manage to get it out of my computer at least I think so avast malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy doesn't find it on it anymore But but windows still gone Smart messed HDD up. 7 it left my windows installation a mess Just to be on the safe side when I noticed I was infected and ran my first virus scan which had to get me rebooted and I Smart HDD gone but windows 7 still messed up. lost the option to boot into my os's I decided to unhook all the other hdd's and do a repair system on the main OS That worked and Smart HDD gone but windows 7 still messed up. I was then able to fool the virus by going through the run search to find my firefox and download malwarebytes Don't know why I didn't have it on since I'm a life time owner of the program Smart HDD gone but windows 7 still messed up. anyways Got it to run ran an other scan of avast and got the virus out Still since then all my data is still being hidden by the false partition that has been created by the virus although both MB and Avast ran the scans and found the data to be where it should be It seems that the virus somehow fooled windows to think the data is in a corrupted partition which it's not As you can see from the following pictures it's as if my OS isn't seeing of the files strangely it still does see gimp and some of the Microsoft office tools here's the diskmgmt msc I'm including a hijackthis log in the hopes that some of you will be able to help me get windows back in working order without doing a reformat Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Windows SysWOW MAFWTray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Emmanuel Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Micros... Read more

A:Smart HDD gone but windows 7 still messed up.

Hey Emcha. Give this a try: Unhide.exe - A introduction as to what this program does
It usually works wonders with getting all those hidden files/folders back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/221798-smart-hdd-gone-but-windows-7-still-messed-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Microsoft more or less forced me to upgrade HA HA to windows before I knew my up 10 Windows computer messed about it being incompatible with my AutoCAD Every time I hit a key a message to install Windows popped up One time when I hit the close X and it automatically started installing Win so I was screwed Windows messed up my computer to the point that the Microsoft techs spent over hrs trying to fix the problems it created and finally gave up They rolled it back to windows and that did not undo the problems Win created Windows 10 messed up my computer so they refunded my money and quit trying I've spend days trying to get it back to where it was with helpful input from the Autodesk community I've been able to re-install windows times AutoCAD and repair all of the file folders that it corrupted but I cannot get the rest of it to work correctly Windows update will not work Restoring does not work even re-installing windows won't fix the problems Windows troubleshooting doesn't find anything wrong One of the programs I have requires a minimum of Framework and my computer has or will not load either I get an error Blocking Issues Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted Please restart your computer and rerun Setup I have rebooted several times Every time I try to use Internet Explorer I get this warning Message Script error Line Char Code URI https fw adsafeprotected com rjss dc ddm adj N AOL B sz x click https secure ace advertising com click site mnum cstr fe c xsxdata XSXDATA imptid AS b a ab e bnum optn trg ord Any suggestions other than bombing Microsoft

A:Windows 10 messed up my computer

Boy you're just begging for it

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394055-windows-10-messed-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Before we begin I admit I'm a liability!

I bought a new laptop with windows 8 (yuck) but decided I would buy a disc and downgrade to windows 7. I put the disc in and all was going well until a message popped up saying it had aborted the install. I assumed all was well and windows 8 would just carry on working.

Now when I start up the laptop there is the following error message

$windows. ~BT\windows\system32\winload.efi

The digital signature for this file couldn't be signified

I can find the file but should I delete it? If you fix this for me I promise not to mess around with the os again lol

Thanks
Kate

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Windows bit Desktop Pc Messed 8 up Usb Windows after boot My dad has it set up so we are a restricted profile I decided to boot Windows off a flashdrive so I Windows 8 Messed up after Usb boot would have my own computer basically Iv been booting off the flashdrive for about days I created it with Wintousb Today I installed some programs on the flashdrive and messed up Windows I can boot normally into windows and login and everyuthing but i ca not save ton Windows 8 Messed up after Usb boot the desktop and Word Google Earth steam and adobe will not run they all get errors Word says Can n ot create temp system variable I can than keep clicking through the errors and eventually use it but when i try to save i get more errors I googled around and fixed some things with regedit but it didnt help I also tried to go to the user folder from C users zfamily Our user but i get permission denied please ask your administartor for permission I beliove if i can regain permission to that folder all the problems will be fixed because most errors occur somewere in that folder Is there anyway i can fix this with being an admin or asking my dad to help Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Im pretty good at computer stuff So if its complicated i can probaly figure it out

A:Windows 8 Messed up after Usb boot

System Restore to before this happened should fix it.

That does require Administrator access though.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52267-windows-8-messed-up-after-usb-boot.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there,

I must have recently fiddled with some setting or other in Windows XP.

Unfortunately this seems to have changed how folders are viewed !

(Please see screenshots 1 & 2 sent as attachments)

These screenshots are before and after shots

As you can see… screenshot 1, (before) has a kind of blue taskbar with things that might be useful to do.

However on screenshot 2, (after) the blue taskbar has disappeared !!!

Another thing is…. in the My pictures folder, as you can see, I used to be able to get the pictures running as a filmstrip (see screenshot 1 – before)

Now the best I can get are thumbnail shots (see screenshot 2 – after)

I have tried to change the setting by going into the view tab however the filmstrip option is not there.

This is very frustrating

Please help

Regards Richard Milner.

A:Messed up some settings in Windows XP

The extra attachment

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messed-up-some-settings-in-windows-xp.642851/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok, im a bit confused as to where this should have been posted, please forgive me, here's my issue
I just purchased a laptop with windows 7, I am using Norton, which has worked fine for me in the past, and I keep getting a message about a program called antisoft virus protection, I want to remove it, and I dont see a way to do so, its not showing up on any of my program lists, it just pops up randomly in the notification area, when it shows up, it disables everything except norton, and I have to either run a full system scan, or restart my computer to get it to go away even temporarily, can someone help me find a way to delete this annoying program?????

Relevancy 38.27%

My computer is an Acer Aspire Z- with windows It was running really slowly for a long time and Messed reinstall. windows Please up 7 help! I was desperate to somehow fix it After trying many things for the past two years I thought I would try factory resetting it and reinstalling windows Well while doing that it got to about half way reinstalled and then my computer Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help! just Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help! shut down over heat which it does a lot I turned it back on and it popped back up as half finished but is stuck there This happened about a week or two ago Right after it happened I just have up and figured I could get another computer eventually Well it hasn t worked out that way and I really need want my computer back I turned it back on an it is still stuck on which is clear fi v It says on the screen to plug in the charger and keep the computer on which I guess when it over heated and shut down is what is causing the problem now Is there some way to restart the windows reinstall process Please any help would be great Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help!

Are you doing an install from a Windows 7 installation DVD?

Or are you doing a "recover to factory settings" (also known as a "restore to factory settings" or a "factory reset" or other terms)? If so, using the Recovery partition or a set of Recovery DVDs or CDs?

When you power on the PC can you get to the BIOS or boot order settings or any special menus?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messed-up-windows-7-reinstall-please-help.1152127/
Relevancy 38.27%

Since installing Windows 7 SP1 two of six of my internal USB 2.0 drives are messed up. When I plug a thumb drive into either of the two, I get a pop-up that says the device would work faster if plugged into a high speed USB drive. Well, they are and I had no problem prior to installing SP1. The driver versions are the same on all of them.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

A:Windows 7 SP1 messed up 2 USB drives

Seeing as SP1 is still in RC beta. I would try uninstalling it and see what happens.

How to uninstall Windows 7 SP1 RC

If you installed a Leaked Version (which I would never recommend), then you may have to reload windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/127386-windows-7-sp1-messed-up-2-usb-drives.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Okay so I am not very knowledgeable about computers and hardware problems, however I am pretty sure the problem with my computer lies within windows xp. Every time i start up my computer it enters a black and white screen that says "we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start up succesfully. a recent hardware or software change may have caused this...yada yada yada" This started happening when in the middle of reinstalling diablo 2 the computer froze. I have options on the screen to enter safe mode, safemode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known configuration and start windowns normally however none of these work. Each time i choose any of them it jsut returns to the same screen. What should I do?

A:Help Windows xp is messed up on my computer

Boot from your Xp CD
Select the first R prompt
Press 1 to log into your Administrator account
Then press Enter
On the command prompt (Recovery Console) type:
chkdsk c: /r
(Note: space before /r)
Allow Check Disk to scan and repair any problems
Type Exit, to restart

Did it work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-windows-xp-is-messed-up-on-my-computer.107966/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok so a couple of days ago i logged on and i saw that all of my icons had pics of dvd software thing over them and i dont know what to do. please help! i attach a pic of my desktop so you can see what im dealing with.

A:Windows 7 Messed Up Icons

Icon Cache - Rebuild

You may want to try to rebuild the icon cache

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/99039-windows-7-messed-up-icons.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Note this problem has already happened twice The problem I boot up my PC the MSI intro screen where memory scan is performed invisibly in the background shows up fine Windows XP boot screen shows up fine Then when WinXP loads the whole screen is messed up By messed up I mean it s just tiles after tiles of colours think what happens when you is up Screen messed in Windows degauss your screen and it stays there forever with all the weird patterns tiling Screen is messed up in Windows up Looks like a really messed up tiled Windows wallpaper I rebooted PC still had the same problem You could hear the Windows greeting sound but no mouse cursor shown on screen and the screen s full of that Screen is messed up in Windows tiled crap I shut down my PC disconnected my graphics card and reconnected it It worked fine after that At first I thought it could be because the golden connectors were loose but it happened again when I was very sure the card was secured in place IS it possible my card s dying nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

So mini on 8 Help!!! my Windows pc. up Messed I got my Rikomagic MK to connect up the the tv for the Mrs to use Awesome little thing for the minutes I had it Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!! working It dual boots windows and Android It was running WIndows perfectly So I had to go and install Windows which doesn't run so well on it So using the recovery USB I Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!! made while doing the Windows upgrade I tried to rollback to Win After a couple of restarts I got to a screen saying Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart process initialization failed It then restarts and goes to Your Pc couldn't start properly A requried device isn't connected or couldn't be found Error code xc You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media I must have seen those blue screens about times in the last couple of days I could still see it when I went to bed So I am stuck in a loop and can't even load Android on it So I've tried booting from a USB drive by changing the boot order The USB drive show up in BIOS boot it will not boot from it at all It just goes back to the blue screen loop Photos of the blue screens and BIOS settings https drive google com folderview EE amp usp sharing This is the product I managed to use the coupon on it so it was pretty cheap Rikomagic RKM MK Intel Z F Dual Boot updated - FreakTab com My wife is giving me plenty of grief for this She seems to think that I break every bit of technology I have Of course I deny this to her but I do seem to be rather unlucky most products Need to get this fixed up asap for the sake of my reputation to my wife I'll be on the computer all day so any suggestions I'll try immediately and get back to you straight away Thanks guys

A:Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!!

The issue was caused by rolling back from an image on a USB, NOT the built in revert feature that allows you to go back to the previous O.S. within 30 days.
I know that doesn't help your situation, but it may prevent others making the same mistake.
Having a backup is a great idea, if the original O.S. doesn't function as it should, once it is reverted back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/messed-up-windows-8-on-my-mini-pc-help-1030105.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Today i was watching a DVD on my laptop using Windows Media Centre Windows Messed Up Update DVD!!!! and Media Player no problems I then found that there were windows updates that needed installing So i downloaded them installed and restarted and now DVDs will not play in either program I get gt gt quot windows media player cannot play this dvd because there is a problem with digital copy protection Windows Update Messed Up DVD!!!! between your dvd drive decoder and video card quot The updates i downloaded were gt gt Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB Definition Installation date Installation status Successful Update type Important Windows Update Messed Up DVD!!!! Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date Installation status Successful Update type Important Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date Installation status Successful Update type Important Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January KB Installation date Installation status Successful Update type Important I've tried finding a way to un-install them but i dont believe you can uninstall quot important quot updates or from windows defender I am using a ATI HD will fully updated drivers so no problems there Is there anyway i can get my DVD Windows Update Messed Up DVD!!!! playback working again Thanks

A:Windows Update Messed Up DVD!!!!

Do you have any DVD software like Power DVD or WinDVD? If so I would try and reinstall that application.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/software/121056-windows-update-messed-up-dvd.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Techies I got the same problem as quot Soddit quot and I also tried a lot of things such as UP! My MESSED Windows is Installer changing the directory and renewing the reg amp installing windows installer My Windows Installer is MESSED UP! but NOTHING Can somebody please help Below is the export content from FileFind amp below that is Hijackthis log file FileFind C WINDOWS MSI Uninstall KB v msiexec exe - Bytes C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall My Windows Installer is MESSED UP! msiexec exe - Bytes C My Windows Installer is MESSED UP! WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i msiexec exe - Bytes C WINDOWS system msiexec exe - Bytes C WINDOWS system dllcache msiexec exe - Bytes HiJAckThis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system BtUsrBdg exe C WINDOWS system BTSetBootKey exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent quot rundll exe quot bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run BTUSRBDG BtUsrBdg exe O - HKLM Run BTSETBOOTKEY BTSetBootKey exe O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintr... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi Yesterday i decided to clean my PC from the inside and after i was done and booted my PC up everything seemed fine except my keyboard and mouse didn't work on the login screen anymore They however worked in bios menu well keyboard did and well i did system restore back a few days Drivers and are up Windows messed all while it seemed to fix everything but the real problem showed up my keyboard and mouse drivers were all messed up in device manager and i could not install or uninstall anything i couldn't even install Microsoft Visual Drivers and Windows are all messed up C which was needed for a game i decided to try if my games work well after uninstalling Razer drivers they did come back but i cannot uninstall Steelseries drivers for some reason as it hangs on something called quot Exec quot C Program Files SteelSeries SteelSeries Engine driver win driver installer quot -installPath quot C Program Files SteelSeries SteelSeries Engine quot -u quot Now also while these problems are there i can't use my mic nor any other USB device other than P S keyboard and the usb mouse SOMETIMES when i restart the mouse doesn't work Windows doesn't shutdown restart go to sleep or anything as it goes into blackscreen and nothing happens after that If i try to plug any USB in it doesn't even give me the sound for it nor do i see the device anywhere on PC But USB Microphones light is on for example My Device Manager shows yellow marks on HID-Compliant consumer control device HID-Compitable quot system device quot and two of quot HID-Compitable Device quot excuse me it's all in Finnish language so i try to translate them the best i can Which i cannot update as it gives me the following quot Windows could not find driver software for your device quot Now one more thing which gets me is that now after the restart windows quot Settings quot window takes forever to open and shows the Gear icon there for a good - minutes before it opens SFC scannow did find corrupted stuff however Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth does not finish and it just gets stuck sometimes at or I do not have Windows CD so i can't really reinstall windows only have the retail Win one BUT i have way too much important files in my PC that i would not like to cleanwipe my PC completely just because of this unless it is the only option left to do since i can't transfer my files to USB things and on top of that i would have to go on my way to buy USB with huge memory Games are working just fine I don't have Restore points to go back to since the one and only disappeared advanced start up doesn't really work since i can't restart or shutdown my pc as it stays in blackscreen and i have to hard reset Forgot to mention the first time i went back with Restore point it worked until i tried to shutdown my PC Nvidia Experience cannot update either by the looks of it just hangs and nothing happens

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55760-drivers-windows-all-messed-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i was using black box for windows bb win and it was all working fine and well except for one day when my computer would not shut down and all that would happen was everything from the blackbox GUI would exit out exept for the background it would do the same thing when i tried to quit so i couldnt bring up anything and i was basically crippled so what i tried to do was open an explorer and delete the blackbox folder so i opened a finder quit blackbox so i could delete the GUI up windows messed Party 3rd exe and deleted it Now every time i reboot nothing opens and all i see is the old blackbox background no taskbar no anything and none of my startup items start up I tried booting in safe mode to click it off of the startup items which is hwhat i should have done in the first place but nothing appears and all i get is a blank screen with safe mode in each corner How can i get into the startup items menu or run the origional GUI nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

i got a new computer with windows 10 already on it. when my mom started the setup that you must go through to use the computer, she messed up. now we are stuck with a disabled account known as defaultuser0. how do we reset the setup so we can do it right?

Relevancy 38.27%

While I was using XP Up-Please Windows All Help Messed Startup the program DVD Shrink the screen from the program froze up So I turned my power on and off to restart Windows XP Startup All Messed Up-Please Help my computer When I restarted it Windows XP had a blue screen on which I Windows XP Startup All Messed Up-Please Help never saw before that said it would go through stages to fix any errors that shutting down my computer may have caused After Windows automatically restarted what comes on my screen Windows XP Startup All Messed Up-Please Help with all the desktop icons is now messed up-- as programs automatically try to open I get a box like this quot ituneshe per exe- Bad Image The application or dll c windows system att dll is not a valid windows image quot The same would happen for my anti virus program and AIM Then when I try to get to system restore to go back to a different point in time when all was well I get this box quot System Restore rstrui exe- Bad Image quot and beneath it says the same thing for the application or dll as above I can still access all my documents and my internet works fine But the startup process seems like the beginning of problems to come in the future Does anyone have any advice how I can remedy this Any and all comments are greatly appreciated- Jason

A:Windows XP Startup All Messed Up-Please Help

Seems like some files got corrupted after the shutdown, put your XP CD, go to start>run and type:

sfc /scannow

This should let you make the system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-startup-all-messed-up-please-help-49228.html
Relevancy 38.27%

The power went out a while ago while the computer was on and a few weeks later I can't remember how soon I would turn on the computer and it would go past the blue quot hp invent quot screen and then it would ask me to pick the operating system like always either windows xp home edition windows xp recovery console or ubuntu which I think I installed at the end of july but I haven't been using it I installed it with wubi installer so it is installed within windows after I select windows xp home edition sometimes it goes in and works normally but sometimes it stays at a black and blank screen and I can't do anything Sometimes when I would turn it on it would still have a black screen but it would say that a file called ntfs has been corrupted and I need the windows xp recovery cd but I don't think I have up windows I the filesystem think messed xp it since I bought the computer already made and I've read that OEM computers don't come with that disk The same thing happens when I try to use safe mode which I am I think the windows xp filesystem messed up using right now When I made it into normal mode and the computer was working normally it eventually went back to a black screen by itself and said that the filesystem was messed up again but I don't know if it shut itself off and restarted to go to that screen or if it just switched to it right away since I wasn't there I've been on safe mode for a few days though and I haven't shut the computer off and it hasn't gone to a black screen by itself or messed up so far I haven't scanned for viruses since I've I think the windows xp filesystem messed up read that a black screen could also be a boot sector virus and that improper removal may make the files inaccessible so I don't want to risk that If I buy a windows xp home edition cd will I be able to repair this with that do I have to reinstall windows to fix this Could the black screen be the sign of a dying hard drive Thanks for any help it's windows xp home edition service pack hp pavilion a n mb ram gb hard drive

A:I think the windows xp filesystem messed up

Boot off of the XP CD Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Drive Fitness Test in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn and boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and extended tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-think-the-windows-xp-filesystem-messed-up-602450.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello everybody I'm having a really bad problem, some of my applications like in the picture are not showing or is corrupted and I was wondering if you guys could help me fix this problem because its really annoying.

A:Windows 7 app icon messed up?

Hello wwimpee, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Does the shortcut still work?

For now, you might see if rebuilding the icon cache may help.

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361447-windows-7-app-icon-messed-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Okay, here are my symptoms, showing "cannot find item" when trying to delete folder from desktop, Japenese, Korean, Chinese and Congi characters not showing up in skype and select programs, unable to install windows language packs again and freezings, I have scanned with Comodo and Mbam, but I will rescan and post logs when prompted, I don't know what is going on, I uninstalled Firefox (memory muncher) and installed Chrome, and also what may have happened is when I uninstalled Tegaki Messenger it said "*cant remember name* is used by other programs, if you remove this some windows programs might not function properly" and I adccidently clicked yes to remove, and with finals coming up I don't want my computer to fail on me.

A:Windows 7 laptop messed up. :(

We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If GMER won't run skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452471/windows-7-laptop-messed-up/
Relevancy 38.27%

This happened when I tried to play Diablo 2. I've gotten a pop-up saying a low res was requested before (this time I saw it pop up and disappear) I've fiddled with the settings in control panel, different's resolutions, but it stays the same, does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Colors messed up in windows xp

Not sure what the screen shot is supposed to show?

Do you only get the pop-up when playing Diablo 2.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/colors-messed-up-in-windows-xp-485214.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So I got my Rikomagic MK to connect up the the tv for the Mrs to use Awesome little thing for the minutes I had it working It dual boots windows and Android It was running WIndows perfectly So 8 on Windows pc. my Help!!! mini up Messed I had to go and install Windows which doesn t run so well on it So using the recovery USB I made while doing the Windows upgrade I tried to rollback to Win Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!! After a couple of restarts I Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!! got to a screen saying Your pc Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!! ran into a problem and needs to restart process initialization failed It then restarts and goes to Your Pc couldn t start properly A requried device isn t connected or couldn t be found Error code xc You ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media I must have seen those blue screens about times in the last couple of days I could still see it when I went to bed So I am stuck in a loop and can t even load Android on it So I ve tried booting from a USB drive by changing the boot order The USB drive show up in BIOS boot it will not boot from it at all It just goes back to the blue screen loop Photos of the blue screens and BIOS settings https drive google com folderview laM lrTlZGU tellDTms VnVSaWxzTEE amp usp sharing This is the product I managed to use the coupon on it so it was pretty cheap http freaktab com forum tv-player agic-rkm-mk- -intel-z f-dual-boot-updated My wife is giving me plenty of grief for this She seems to think that I break every bit of technology I have Of course I deny this to her but I do seem to be rather unlucky most products Need to get this fixed up asap for the sake of my reputation to my wife I ll be on the computer all day so any suggestions I ll try immediately and get back to you straight away Thanks guys nbsp

A:Messed up Windows 8 on my mini pc. Help!!!

try this
Disconnect USB flash pen
make boot option windows boot manager
If you by chance get a boot back to 10
then forget your usb recovery and go back to 8.1 using the procedure built into 10 for one month from the upgrade
Recovery go back to - and there it will list 8.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messed-up-windows-8-on-my-mini-pc-help.1153297/
Relevancy 38.27%

Remeber if there isn't a Microsoft help link then it's fake .... The levels are optional,recommended,important. If there isn't that on your windows update then it's a fake update and do not download or install it
Thanks
Chris A

A:Windows update Messed up?

???

Thanks for sharing...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460757/windows-update-messed-up/
Relevancy 38.27%

draft saved draft discarded I totally messed up my user permissions as I keep getting an 'Access Denied System error quot at a command prompt In my stupidity I just started changing all the 'user mycomputer' permissions thru UAC - when I started this of course I was asked do I want - Up Permissions 7 Messed Windows 64-bit to Permissions Messed Up - Windows 7 64-bit continue - I said 'YES' and proceeded to click away - then I started running into the 'Access denied' and something about 'inconsistencies' and how I could mess things up I just want to get it back to the original state when I bought computer My question is- I have several different discs - a Factory default backup s a Windows System Repair disc and a Drivers amp Apps backup all from when I originally bought computer - which if and will 'fix' permissions or will none of these discs help and if none what are my alternatives OR could I just be lucky enough to take one of my last backups and restore that Thanks Lorelei

A:Permissions Messed Up - Windows 7 64-bit

Hi Lorelei,
Your best bet is 1 of your back-ups, prior to your problem, as it will have all of your personnel data on it.,

next best is system restore.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378485-permissions-messed-up-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I know my GFX card is absolute rubbish, but W7 won't even let me use custom Aero themes because it claims it is so rubbish!

I've tried updating drivers but I can't seem to find out what my GFX card even is.

Could anyone help?

A:Windows 7 messed up my graphics...

We should know what graphics card you have!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/22017-windows-7-messed-up-my-graphics.html
Relevancy 38.27%

The link to the update site Update.Microsoft.com is not working, redirected to MSN, and my antiviruses like AVG and AdAware are not able to update until my computer has been running for at least 2 hours. don't know why the two hours changes anything but it does. Yet more help would be nice.

A:Windows Update Messed

You had a pretty nasty infection. Try Dial-a-fix. Be sure to tick the box that says Fix Windows UpdatesHow to use Dial-A-Fix to repair windows internals problemsGuide OverviewThe purpose of this guide is to teach you how to reset windows settings in the event they are damaged. This is useful for repairing many issues with windows installer, windows update, https connections, and many other issues. However, it is a specific tool which is not a cure all. Hardware problems and windows' file integrity should be checked before using DialAFix.However, it is recomended that you start a topic in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum about your issue before using Dial-A-Fix due to the caveats below.Caveats:Users wishing to run DialAFix on their own should read http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix#WARNINGS.The following is an incomplete list of examples of known problems that can cause Dial-a-fix to exaggerate or expose issues on your system:Hard drive integrity problems, possibly including but not limited to:
Registry entry corruption
Filesystem corruption, possibly leading to:
System file corruption
Registry hive corruption[*]Memory module failures [*]Other hardware failures (video card, motherboard, processor, modem, etc) [*]Use of Dial-a-fix on an unsupported platform (such as Windows XP x64; 32-bit XP with a 64-bit processor is fine, however) [*]Use of Dial-a-fix with unsupported beta software[/list]Also please note that Dial-A-Fix is only for Windows 2000/XP. Use of Dial-A-Fix on Windows 9x (that is, 95, 98, ME) or Windows Vista can have unpredicable results!!Tools Needed[list][*]Dial-A-Fix[list][*][url=http://djlizard.net.nyud.net:8080/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip]Primary

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188579/windows-update-messed/
Relevancy 38.27%

OK I admit I messed up I have an AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE and an Asus motherboard. I installed Windows 7 and THEN successfully unlocked the other 2 cores. Yep, now Windows 7 stops at the "Starting Windows" splash screen. I had an OEM version. I went out and bought a retail version and tried to install it, booting from thed CD. It still stops at the same screen. What do I do?

A:I messed up my Windows 7 Install

You might try clearing your Bios Cmos & resetting to factory defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/173542-i-messed-up-my-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys..

My windows media Player and Windows Installer have been corrupted since i've messed up with the registry.
even YM 10 won't be installed to my laptop.
as well as Microsoft Updates, when my I saw my View Update History, majority of the updates hava a failed status.

I've tried System Restore, yet nothing happened...
My problem started on the 8th of April, but the system restore only gives me the chance to choose from the present restore point, up to the earlier restore point, which is April 9. with this, i can conclude that system restore won't work for me anymore..

so guys, if you have any ideas. pls help me?
and is the last option for this problem is reformatting ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium (SP1)

-tnx
and sorry for the bad english

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/messed-up-wmp-and-windows-installer.917641/
Relevancy 38.27%

hey guys
well, yesterday i was trying to download an update, it failed and now my whole PC looks like that:
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9908/43491465.png
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1829/13260853.png

Desc: No icons, Start menu won't work, none of the desktop icons is click-able...

what should I do? I am a graphic designer and this PC is whole my world!
please help me!

A:Windows update messed up my PC

Hi Yinon and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Try Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) Advanced Boot Options

If that doesn't work, you may need to try System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60500-windows-update-messed-up-my-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I can´t find a solution to this problem anywhere in the Net, so maybe you guys can help me. I just did a reinstall of windows 8.1 on my desktop using the option to keep all data AND program files. The process went on very well....BUT when I restarted some programs' exe files are not found by Windows when I try to open them (Ccleaner and Office 2010 are examples) Ccleaner I uninstalled and reinstalled but the message is the same " Windows cannot find [path], make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again...." Office 2010 I ran the repair option but the message came on again, so I reinstalled it and couldn´t open it because the message came on again. I think paths got messed up somehow because those files are certainly in my hard drive. Please can you help me out?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553618/the-paths-in-my-windows-81-got-messed-up-somehow/
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer is an Acer Aspire Z- with windows help! Messed up Please windows reinstall. 7 It was running really slowly for a long time and I was desperate to somehow fix it After trying many things for the past two years I thought I would try factory resetting it and reinstalling windows Well while doing that it got to about half way reinstalled and then my computer just shut down over heat which it does a lot I turned it back on and it popped back up as half finished but is stuck there This happened about a week or two ago Right after it happened I just have up and figured I could get another computer eventually Well it hasn't worked out that way and I really need want my computer back I turned it back on an it is still stuck on which is clear fi v It says on the screen to plug in the charger and keep the computer on which I guess when it over heated and shut Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help! down is what is causing the problem now Is there some way to restart the windows reinstall process Please any help would be great Thanks in advance

A:Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help!

First I would find the cause of over heating, likely dust in the vents which can be blown out with canned air.  I have had installs dye for one or another reason, only once did I have to write 0's to the drive.  Writing 0's to the drive needs to be done using the drive manufacturers software, have a friend down load it ti w USB stick.  In the bios change the boot order to the stick, it will over write all previous data putting the drive back to its original state.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583848/messed-up-windows-7-reinstall-please-help/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have Windows Vista and Windows XP dual-booting right now Vista is the primary o s that loads at the o s selection screen on bootup I put in another hard drive as a slave to install windows xp on it and when I installed xp on it and removed it and boot up my computer and select windows xp on the dual boot list it shows Windows XP MCE as the second choice the xp i ve always had dual booted with vista and now the first on that list Up, Help! XP Messed Boot Windows is windows xp bit edtion which i installed on the other hard drive which is no longer in the computer How do I remove Windows Xp x Edition from this list it is not installed on my computer it is just on the list and Windows XP Boot Messed Up, Help! it causes and error message if selected and I cannot select Windows XP MCE because of this error I ve tried repairing Windows XP Boot Messed Up, Help! the mbr with fixmbr and it Windows XP Boot Messed Up, Help! did not help Please Help Thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP Boot Messed Up, Help!

VistabootPro or EasyBCD

The item listing has nothing to do with the MBR. It is contained in the BCD registry of Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-boot-messed-up-help.697107/
Relevancy 38.27%

I shut the computer windows something messed up update down earlier to head into town I was surprised to see it had so many updates to do as that doesn't happen often most of the time it's just here and there So I shut it down and left I just got home and when I turned it on it finished the updates If any messages popped up temporarily windows update messed something up I missed it but when I came back and windows was finished loading wow nothing was there that should have been and the background was different then something popped up in the tray saying I was logged into a temporary account and I could try logging out and in again Not sure what that was about but okay So I logged back into my normal account and It was back to normal but a bunch of icons were gone from the desktop I shut it down and restarted they're still gone More than half a dozen I don't remember what they all were I know the recycle bin is one but I have that up in a dock anyway I checked in the recycle bin they're not there The rest would have been program shortcuts and or actual files saved to the desktop What in the world happened that I lost icons And possibly files I wish I could remember what files they were I went into the update history and everything shows Successful But here's the list Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework wont type in ALL the details for these KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework KB Security Update for Windows for x based systems KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework KB Security update for windows KB Update for Windows KB security update for microsoft net framework KB Security update for windows KB Security update for microsoft net framework KB Security update for IE for win KB cumulative security update for IE for win KB I really want to make sure that I didn't lost anything important with those files being gone Any suggestions on what happened or how to recover anything lost

A:windows update messed something up

what's the appropriate time to wait before bumping a topic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524159/windows-update-messed-something-up/
Relevancy 38.27%

My windows 7 PC messed up with Viruses, yesterday I connected a USB drive to my computer which was infected by viruses and much more. The USB was full of viruses ruined my windows 7 computer, now I am experiencing with slow PC performance and Browser and other program opening very slow. What should I do to recover from this situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/399812-windows-7-messed-up-virus-what-next.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there
I would like to play music direct through my sound card without speakers
I installed a new Soundblaster5.1 soundcard but apparently the new drivers do not support this function
What i need is strereo mixer on playback the older version drivers have this,well at least thats what Creative told me
I have talked to others who have this same problem and I have failed at the moment to find older driver of someone that could send me the cd to do this
My sound works perfect but my Mrs is fed up of the din when i play through my speakers
Hope you can help
Thanks

A:soundblaster

you maybe wanna have a look at this project:

The kX Audio Driver package includes driver system files and setup files as well as a powerful audio mixer application (the kX Mixer), which acts as a Graphical User Interface, providing access to many of the driver's internal functions. The following features are either fully supported or partially supported in the latest release of the kX Audio Driver: Wave Recording & Playback, MIDI Synthesizer (Synth Engine), MIDI UART In/Out, DirectSound 2D, DirectSound 3D (software emulation; 2-speakers mode only), Soundfonts, Full ASIO support, DSP Microcode Loading/Unloading, Full AC97 I/O control, AC3 Software Decoding
The kX Driver is FREE and will remain FREE.Click to expand...

as long as there is an Emu10k1 or 10k2 chip on your soundcard (sb-live and audigy), the kx-drivers are definetely worth a try. i use them for nearly 18 months now myself and they never let me down. no need for the 50mb drivers from creative anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster.157296/
Relevancy 38.27%

Brian,
Thanks for the site for the download. I had gone to that site but wasn't able to get to the point where you said to go. Anyway, I'm there and ready to download but I don't understand the message preceding the download.

"This release requires the following files to be downloaded and placed into the same directory before installing the Creative Audio Card Setup:"

I don't want to corrupt anything that I already have installed. Any guidance?

P.S. I have used you gurus numerous times and you are the best. I am now transferring old LP's to my pc using DB Power Amp..editing through CoolEdit and compressing with MP3Pro. It really is a lot of fun making CD's for friends that are customized. Again, you guys are the best. My heartfelt thanks to the entire crew.

Perry

The statement simply means that all 4 files need to be in the same place together when you begin the installation. If i were you, i would open Windows Explorer and create a foldre called Creative PCI 128. Download all 4 files into it. I personally would download the original setup file and the update file also on that page to the same folder. I would then go to the Hardware manager, remove the sound card entry, reboot and install the sound card again with the new files. The page say something about there being Readme file, which you should do before reinstalling the sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster.52911/
Relevancy 38.27%

After using Win98 for a few weeks, I decided to reload my Soundblaster PCI512 driver and software (Creative,Unreal,& Half-life) which I had used with Win95. A message showed the driver was different from the current driver and recommended I use the old driver which I did. I think that was the wrong choice.
My computer locked up and I had to reinstall Win98 several times with the result of Blue Screen each time after starting windows.
I removed the Soundblaster PCI512 card, reinstalled Win98 and it's up and running now, but I'm afraid to plug in the soundblaster again. The PCI512 should be compatable with Win98. Will the latest driver fix the problem?

A:SoundBlaster

Could use a little more information on your system but There were some issues with the older Soundblaster drivers and Pentium 3's.. Blue screens were pretty common with Live wire 1.. It was corrected in the later versions of drivers...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster.65593/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi. I recently installed a PCI28 Soundblaster card absent the Cd that comes with it. I don't have that CD. The manual I downloaded says it should have six programs; Creative recorder, Creative Mixer, etc. I'm particularly interested in the Midii player. I've searched the Creative Labs site but I can't seem to find anything there that corresponds to what I'm looking for. Question!Is there a site where I can download these companion programs?I know there are several sites where I can download Midi players but I would like to have the mentioned programs if possible. Thanks
Perry

A:Soundblaster

The web site for Creative has what you are looking for listed under Downloads>Drivers>Support for the PCI 128 Sound Blaster card and they are called capp files found half way down the following page.

http://www.soundblaster.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster.52831/
Relevancy 38.27%

No BASS in mp3 or in stereo files | In 5.1 dvd-s all speaker works.. but in youtube or other non 5.1 files the center and the woofer not works help me pls :\

Windows Seven Rules !

A:Soundblaster NX2

Welcome to the Forums! Try using the equalizers and effects in Media Player. I know that Realtek provides a programs for its hardware that will also let you adjust stuff like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/37512-soundblaster-nx2.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, could the SBAXX200 be used for voice chat in games? Would the beam forming mic work like the ones on the SB soundcards and eliminate the games audio and transmit just my voice?

A:Soundblaster AXX 200

I'm also wondering why Creative say the 20 is suitable for gaming and home entertainment, not portable entertainment, and that the 200 is only suitable for portable entertainment. It makes no sense they are identical except for some extra mics and speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-axx-200.201336/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I just reformatted vista. On my prior OS i could get my sound to work even though my soundcard is not compatible with vista. Its a soundblaster live platinum 5.1 which is not supported by vista unfortunatly. However it is possible to still get it working on vista because as i said it worked before i formatted. My computer guy did it for me so i dont how he did but there must be a workaround somewhere to get dated soundcards working on vista...i cant get sound without it.

A:Soundblaster

Creative-Labs Driver Download
This page will sort you out

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/230712-soundblaster.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been trying to play sound via my soundcard direct
Creative have told me that i need to have stereo mixer in playback options
This apparently is not available on the new software/drivers available from creative so I just wondered if you could advise me what to do
The old drivers that are downloadable have the new option and short of finding someone witha CD to install from 18 months ago I really dont know what to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster-5-1.157288/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey. One day, while using my AC'97 sound card...it just stopped. I thought it was the AC'97, so I went out and bought a new one. I bought a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 PCI card. It installed fine, but for some reason I still don't hear any sounds. It has no device conflicts or anything. The problem is that when I go into "Sounds and Multimedia", it says there is no preferred playback device for sound playback..can anybody help me?

A:Help with SoundBlaster

When you put in the Soundblaster did you install the Drivers? Also was your AC'97 onboard? You may want to disable it in the bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-soundblaster.14894/
Relevancy 38.27%

Does anyone have a link for a soundblaster ct1480 driver?

Relevancy 38.27%

I am Using a SoundBlaster Live Value Sound Card in my computer with Windows XP as my OS. My problem is that I can not control the volume using my creative launcher (if u have used a newer sound blaster u know what i mean). I tried several different XP updates for that card but still no luck. Got any suggestions??

A:XP with a SoundBlaster

Closing duplicate, reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=63038

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-with-a-soundblaster.63039/
Relevancy 38.27%

i have tried to install a couple games and it when it will try to find a sound card it won't autodetect one and when i try everyone on the list and it will fail to initialize any of them and where do i find out the sound card that i do have i have a

compaq presario ez 2207
and i have not installed a new sound card ever so it should still have the pre installed one on there

The Compaq I have uses the ES 1887. You might want to go out to their web site for your computer and see what they have. They may have updates for your sound card as well.

Randy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster.37228/
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to get Windows back on to my computer - Compaq Presario UK I downloaded Windows and created an ISO to install it This was my mistake The situation is this - I should have done Messed Windows get 7 install now Windows back. cannot 10 up the download and install through Windows and the process would have dealt with the transfer to Windows an its' activation Now I have Windows that will not activate because I did not use the installer method and Messed up Windows 10 install now cannot get Windows 7 back. I can no longer get Windows back The Windows old file was created but in the recovery section of Windows there is no option to quot Go Back to Windows quot I have put the HP Windows Repair Disc in and tried to boot from it but there is no option that would allow e to restore Windows Also I have tried to get the Windows ISO from Microsoft but they tell me to contact HP when I put in the product key There are no downloads I can find on HP So is there anyway to get Windows back where I can go through the proper method to install Windows Can anyone offer some advice please Thanks PS I have discovered a Factory Image that contains to files - Program Data and Recovery Program Date contains an etl file and Recovery has a log file called Reload xml

A:Messed up Windows 10 install now cannot get Windows 7 back.

You can always get Windows 7 back, IF you back up the OS regularly.
I use an external disk to back up my OS weekly. I use Clonzilla-live to do this.

First I would use MiniTool partition wizard to format the hard drive.
Then take your Windows OS disk and load Windows again.
If you don't have this disk then that's what the backups are for.
Works for me. Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381649-messed-up-windows-10-install-now-cannot-get-windows-7-back.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I installed a fresh Windows x to my new pc Everything went fine from the start My pc has really powerful cpu and gpu and dozen gb's of ram and is running on ssd drive After the Windows was installed I plugged it to the network It messed new install and 7 my Update New Windows OS Windows found an update for the Windows Update Agent and after that was installed it installed something like a hundred updates not sure how many there were After that everything was ok for some time for several reboots Later on the install day something very strange happened - All the icons on the Explorer disappeared and after a few seconds they reappeared again huh - None of the Libraries links works now I can still go to the folder directly with explorer - Control Panel User Accounts - gt changed to User Accounts bit New Windows 7 install and new Windows Update messed my OS lt - and that link gives an error New Windows 7 install and new Windows Update messed my OS code - System Restore is not able to restore to any point Was someone remotely hacking to my pc or what did happen

A:New Windows 7 install and new Windows Update messed my OS

Lets cross of the list of possible virus, so give this a go:

Do a full scan of your system using: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Afterwards: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

If nothing pops up for both of those,

try: Windows Defender Offline

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/242171-new-windows-7-install-new-windows-update-messed-my-os.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to get Windows back on to my computer - Compaq Presario UK I downloaded Windows and created an ISO to install it This was my mistake The situation is this - I should have done the download and install through Windows and the process would have dealt with the transfer to Windows an its' activation Now I have Windows that will not activate because I did not use the installer method and I can no longer get Windows back The Windows old file was created but in the recovery section of Windows there is no option to quot Go Back to Windows quot I have put the HP Windows Repair Disc in and tried to boot from it but there is no option that would allow e to restore Windows Also I have tried to get the Windows ISO from Microsoft but they tell me to contact HP when I put in the product key There Messed get Windows Windows up now install cannot 7 back. 10 are no downloads I can find on HP So is there anyway to get Windows back where Messed up Windows 10 install now cannot get Windows 7 back. I can go through the proper method to install Windows Can anyone offer some advice please Thanks PS I have discovered a Factory Image that contains to files - Program Data and Recovery Program Date contains an etl file and Recovery has a log file called Reload xml

A:Messed up Windows 10 install now cannot get Windows 7 back.

You can always get Windows 7 back, IF you back up the OS regularly.
I use an external disk to back up my OS weekly. I use Clonzilla-live to do this.

First I would use MiniTool partition wizard to format the hard drive.
Then take your Windows OS disk and load Windows again.
If you don't have this disk then that's what the backups are for.
Works for me. Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381649-messed-up-windows-10-install-now-cannot-get-windows-7-back.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I have an HP desktop and everyday for about a month and a half I kept getting a popup that asks me to upgrade to windows 10. I always clicked no then all of a sudden one night it upgraded itself to windows 10 and now it just keeps loading and I cant even get to the login screen. No matter how many times I restart my computer if does the same thing. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-upgraded-itself-to-windows-10-and-messed-up-desktop-1145585.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have an Acer Aspire laptop and it s a few weeks old It came with Windows Vista and I got a free upgrade for Windows in the mail This laptop was running perfectly all is My up Windows laptop upgrade messed 7 after until the other day when I installed Win Now when I go to shut it down it stays on that screen and just keeps saying quot shutting down quot Then I have to manually shut it down w the power button Then when it starts up again it opens with an error saying it was shut down improperly My laptop is all messed up after Windows 7 upgrade and I have to My laptop is all messed up after Windows 7 upgrade select quot normal startup quot When it does start up the Windows logo is all distorted for a second then goes to my desktop Also when I close the lid on my laptop it used to go to sleep then upon opening lid it would turn right on Now it does not do this it stays in the sleep mode but never turns back on unless I manually shut it down then start again Any help would be greatly appreciated Kimmie

A:My laptop is all messed up after Windows 7 upgrade

I just installed Win7 the other day, and I have other issues. It seems like my video drivers are acting unresponsive and my wireless internet connection is spotty. I have half a mind to send my computer back to Alienware and tell them to fix it or give me a Mac.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277868/my-laptop-is-all-messed-up-after-windows-7-upgrade/
Relevancy 37.84%

EDIT nevermind I figured out how to do a Repair Install and that fixed the problem Hi I m new here Upgraded Windows Vista up Media I Windows messed Player (WMP) HP to HP x Didn t like WMP downgraded to WMP with I messed up Windows Media Player (WMP) these instructions I noticed that media sharing wasn t working right so I tried to go back to WMP I turned the Windows Feature off and on again and then since media sharing still wasn t working I ran some utility that re-registered the DLL files for it Media sharing still isn t working When I go to the quot Stream quot option in WMP the quot Automatically allow devices to play my media quot option is not there I can t use System Restore because all the restore points are too recent I ran quot sfc scannow quot and it said it found issues that it can t fix Log is here When I get to this dialog the button does nothing I want to get this to work and unless the sharing issue is unrelated to my WMP downgrade then I think replacing the dll files that I changed with the originals would fix the issue but I don t have those files Although it is possible the issue is completely unrelated to WMP I can select a wireless network through the control panel but I ve never seen the wireless icon in the taskbar since upgrading to Windows Any suggestions I thought there was some way to repair Windows from CD without uninstalling all my programs deleting my files but I can t figure it out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-messed-up-windows-media-player-wmp.984036/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok I restored an acronis image and something went wrong with the rights I dont have the old 64 up! Windows bit Rights ultimate 7 messed image so I need Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Rights messed up! to solve it here and reinstall is NO option I couldn't un-install a certain program saying I didn't have rights I fiddled around with the rights to the point I messed it up I think I restored most of it to default I think I looked at my nd pc's ntfs rights and copied it These are the problems I get lock icon on c programdata and when I add users it goes away but during applying half of the files say acces denied not sure if it matters I have also seen ACL corrupt errors in that folder and I tried running the command which I googled but the CMD told me i needed to use another command which is newer version or something anyway couldn't figure it out C recovery has lock icon my nd pc doesn't have this Well I can add users to it but my nd pc doesn't have user and no lock I want it like my nd pc I feel this might also be the problem why I can't use Universal Restore with Acronis since the image can't acces boot in the right way maybe Administrator account red cross if I add administrator account to some folder it will have a red cross I assume this isn't healthy how to solve this System volume information also has a lock icon for same reasons as nr I want to solve this I googled and found a certain command which supposeidly fix all security rights I did this and looked at the log file and I got acces denied - - log file included in attachments How can I fix all correct ntfs security Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Rights messed up! ownerships and whatever to default Thank you

A:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit Rights messed up!

No one..?

I don't know where to go with this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188303-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-rights-messed-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone My best friend recommended this forum to me she said you guys really helped her out so hopefully ill have the same luck Fingers crossed I have a three year old Sony Vaio laptop up updating 7 after Windows messed laptop that came with Windows Home Premium on it Since I Windows 7 laptop messed up after updating got it Windows 7 laptop messed up after updating whenever Windows does an automatic update the laptop is super slow for a few days Locks up won t shut down is generally unusable Then all of a Windows 7 laptop messed up after updating sudden it s fine I ve gotten used to this but last week after it updated it wasn t at all fine Programs that automatically opened on startup if you tried to click on one the screen turned black It might then return to a normal screen with just the application Spotify for instance being black You can t click on or open anything or close it And if you try to shut down the computer that just freezes on the logging off screen After four days it came on like normal and I was using it and in the middle of updating a blog it froze again and stopped letting me do anything I ve turned it on once since then and it s still not letting me do anything So I obviously have no idea what s wrong or how to fix it I ve looked and googled and can t find anything online that might help me Thanks in advance for any help you can give me Lisa

A:Windows 7 laptop messed up after updating

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

How long has this been happening?

Are you restarting this computer after it updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482265/windows-7-laptop-messed-up-after-updating/
Relevancy 37.84%

I ran CCleaner today along with the registry tool as I have had in the past and things seemed to not load quickly and my email client is all weird and not showing on the screen in any way that makes sense. I did a System Restore but am still having issues with slow loading. I ran Malwarebytes (quick scan) and it said no malware detected. Any ideas.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] CCleaner messed up Windows?

All registry cleaners are bad. The can (and do) delete necessary registry entries and cause all manner of strange problems. Try to run a System Restore and hopefully you can restore the registry to it's previous condition.

That does not mean however that the old registry was "good". You may have had a pre-existing problem and CCleaner created another one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-ccleaner-messed-up-windows-701023.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Windows 8.1, my computer -> right click -> View -> I started messing up and finally ended up having this; http://puu.sh/jvWdn/feb8f665aa.png

I clicked on View and ticked different options now regreting so as why I did it! Kindly help me!! I want it back like this;
Local Disk C, Entertainment D, etc and not like that

A:Windows 8.1, my computer view messed up

Have you tried systems restore also can you remember what you pressed to get it like that have a look in your file and see if you have ticked customise at all.

Have had a look at mine in computer view and mine is set as tiles I believe that is what you are after just tick tiles and it should go back to how it was

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69892-windows-8-1-my-computer-view-messed-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there,

I must have recently fiddled with some setting or other in Windows XP.

Unfortunately this seems to have changed how folders are viewed !

(Please see screenshots 1 & 2 sent as attachments)

These screenshots are before and after shots

As you can see? screenshot 1, (before) has a kind of blue taskbar with things that might be useful to do.

However on screenshot 2, (after) the blue taskbar has disappeared !!!

Another thing is?. in the My pictures folder, as you can see, I used to be able to get the pictures running as a filmstrip (see screenshot 1 ? before)

Now the best I can get are thumbnail shots (see screenshot 2 ? after)

I have tried to change the setting by going into the view tab however the filmstrip option is not there.

This is very frustrating

Please help

Regards Richard Milner.

A:[SOLVED] Messed up some settings in Windows XP

Tools>folder options>Tasks(show common tasks in folder)

Is that any help??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-messed-up-some-settings-in-windows-xp-190285.html
Relevancy 37.84%

When I first installed Windows 7 on my Laptop, I tried to use Mozilla Firefox to read my Hotmail messages and it all displayed fine.

Just yesterday, when I opened the browser to red my messages again, this was what I got:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2...ailproblem.png

I had tried deleting all the cookies, history, even used IE8 to access hotmail but the problem still persists.

Anyone can help me out?

A:Windows Hotmail Interface is Messed up

Anyone can help me Out?????

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/32366-windows-hotmail-interface-messed-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Okay I tried to explain as much as I could in the title to show how it relates to XP LOL I had no / Update dvd my cd up Windows messed drive! XP clue where to post this at so I hope this is right Here is the story My computer worked fine The drives were fine Did a windows update one morning And now the drives wont open If I force them open with the paperclip trick they work Eject doesnt work Claims the drivers are all normal Nothing was forced in it there were no disks amp Windows XP Update messed up my cd / dvd drive! From what I see I am not the only one with this problem We have been googling for a few days now to try amp Figure this out ourselves to no avail What else can I tell you I am running Windows XP sp or was now it is sp I tried to restore to a previous place but it didnt work When I tried to restore before the update it told me I cant NOW The part where the quot I did not rough handle my drives quot Comes in My husband had an update this morning amp Now his doesnt work either His is a Built PC he built it And it worked great until now the drives dont work His pc is an XP Sp installed as a SP SO Any ideas TY so much in advance If you need more info on either of our PCs please ask -

A:Windows XP Update messed up my cd / dvd drive!

Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185673/windows-xp-update-messed-up-my-cd-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 37.84%

I was one my uncles computer today and noticed that when windows starts, norton gives an error about some file not being able to start and to reboot the computer. Well, rebooting does nothing so I try and uninstall norton and I get an error uninstalling it. So its still there. I decide to use hijackthis to remove the startup files then procede to delete the folders and stuff in safe mode. Well, now webpages don't work correctly and even when I goto system restore it just loads a white window. When I came here on his computer and tried to click on search these forums, the little drop window didn't drop. Its almost like all the scripts or something are messed up in windows now. Should I just do a windows repair?

Relevancy 37.84%

I can't run process explorer anymore. It crashes at startup and i can't uninstall any programs (error while trying to uninstall... blabla)

i tried to use system restore but it didn't work.

I am at loss. I don't know what to do.

I think i will go back to windows 7.

Windows 8 doesn't do anything but cause problems.

A:sfc /scannow command messed up my windows 8

​Since it is already messed up try running sfc /scannow a couple more times & see if things get better.
Have you tried Error Checking?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20147-sfc-scannow-command-messed-up-my-windows-8-a.html