Windows Support Forum

I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Q: I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Hi all I m a D designer and have recently experienced a few BSODs whilst rendering the cause of which seems to be the USB drivers according to the minidumps However I have also started to notice that my CPU temps are I7 Celsius under hitting 2600K load over 90 going through the roof caught I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load my attention when it hit degrees now it s hitting degrees under load - idle I have always aimed to keep the temps below I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load and have only really strayed slightly above this on particularly warm days so I m a little concerned that something may have I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load failed on my PC Setup details are i K professionally overclocked to GHz CPU fan seems to max at rpm shouldn t this go higher Asus P Z -V Mobo Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro mm Apache Black chassis fan x I ve had this PC for over years and never had this problem before I was inclined to think that the readings were inaccurate but both CoreTemp and the Asus monitoring software show the same temps I m going to lower the overclock in the meantime but would love some help figuring out why this may be occurring If you d like any further info please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I7 2600K hitting over 90 Celsius under load

Might be worth checking the CPU's thermal compound. The thermal bond between CPU and cooler may be weakening. If the fans blades are not clean, they will not spin as fast due to restriction of air flow across the surface of the blade.

cookiedude said:

CPU fan seems to max at 1250rpm shouldn't this go higher?Click to expand...

The Freezer 13 PRO in this review shows 1100 RPM @ idle and 1300 RPM @ full load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-hitting-over-90-celsius-under-load.194109/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi. Thanks for viewing.

Im using waterfox on windows 7. I have noticed that if i feel im waiting too long for a page to load, if i hit the X in the address bar, then the reload icon, the page will pop right up. Why is that? I dont have to wait all the time, but it seems like there is an issue there that could speed up my browsing if i can fix it.

Any ideas?

A:Always hitting stop and refresh to load pages

Does it occur in another Windows login?
Another browser?
after Safe boot (msconfig)
with all browser extensions disabled?

Is it consistent or repeatable on same domains?

Without details logs or clues from above, its most likely malware, or more likely slugware (background apps)

World's Fastest Browser. ?? says who

Can you fetch 30 random webpages in a minute with a random link in toolbar?

What does Taskmgr look like under performance?

I'm doing a filesync now and lots of other tasks so my CPU is busy, but I can still surf 23 ppm ( thats random pages per minute ) on Chrome. using win8.1 x64 on 4yr old CPU

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/always-hitting-stop-and-refresh-to-load-pages-977393.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Tried everything. Thortling Temprature Adjustments Locked. Even BIOS Advanced Settings are locked.67 Celsius Throttling for a laptop GPU is rediculous. I can't play any games without the the framerates plummeting down to 18 from 60 every few seconds.i7 4500-U 2.404GB RAMNvidia GeForce GT740M

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/GPU-Throttling-at-67-Celsius/td-p/5614273
Relevancy 46.87%

Very recently I started to here some weird noise coming from my computer, and then my 2.80ghz processor dropped to 2.66 and again to 2.13.

I knew something was wrong when I saw my temperature at boot was 70 celsius, and it was rising to 80 in about 20 seconds! And rising to 100 in 2 minutes

And I have no idea why it decided to become so hot because my fan is running at 1800 rpm so can someone please help!

Thanks!

A:CPU Temperature 100 celsius!!!???!!

Hello there. You may open your case and pull out the cooler for the processor and clean it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144719-cpu-temperature-100-celsius.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought and installed a complete computer ( Asus P5Q with a Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83ghz).

I just booted up the computer and the CPU temperature in the BIOS is 99 celsius.

I didn't add any temperature paste on the CPU since there already was some paste on the heatsink but I had some problem to insert correcly the heatsink on the board.

Do you have any ideas of what could be the problem?
Do you think I should add more temperature paste on the CPU?

I will remove and put the heatsink back tomorrow as soon as I can.

A:CPU Temp at 99 celsius

It may be a defective motherboard... 99C would melt through the board. It wouldn't hurt to clean off all the thermal paste and apply a clean thin layer of fresh paste

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-at-99-celsius.122666/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys I bought a new pc a few days ago Cpu E Ghz Asus Rampage Formula Socket Corsair DDR Ram GB Asus EnGtx OC after installing vista some strange things happens Bios cpu 100 G. with too - pc hot Celsius Problem a new told me that the cpu gots C directly after booting or at any other time Also got some trouble with installing files or get connection to the web I already put some new cooling paste on the cpu It also wasn t that easy to put the cooler on Problem with a new pc - cpu too hot 100 G. Celsius the cpu because there is a relly stupid system I got the feeling that the board could braektrough if I try it harder Every time I start the pc it make some noise and an error message shows up and told me that an unknown cpu is there and that the cpu is to hot I heard some thoeries that it is necessary to update bios but i am not sure about and now I really hope that some got usefull advice s for me nbsp

A:Problem with a new pc - cpu too hot 100 G. Celsius

Why don't you go out and purchase a 3rd party CPU cooler like this one, with a metal plate and screws other than the plastic push-pin type HSF (CPU Heat Sink, fan) One failed attempt to secure the plastic pins can damage them permanently...

This is an example of a good 775 CPU cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887011

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-a-new-pc-cpu-too-hot-100-g-celsius.114429/
Relevancy 46.44%

im looking into the ivybridge 3700k. i thought it might be a good step up from a 2600k, but am realy curious if its supposed to be any better than the 2600k. allot of people are saying its not that different, others say that it is going to be much more powerful. despite this i have yet to see a full spec comparison to the 2600k, or a benchmark from reviewers who have gotten an early taste. if anyone can clarify for me if its worth waiting for and spending the extra money id appreciate it.

most people say its really baout bragging rights, but not one person stated its overclocking abilities.
so that really is the question, which is going to overclock better? on paper it would be the 2700k, but which is it in reality?

A:i7 2600k or 2700k?

I believe that the CPUs are still covered by NDAs (non disclsure agreements).

In other words, those who know, can't say. Those who say, can't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223151-i7-2600k-2700k.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm not sure whether to buy the i7-2600K ($316) or the regular i7-2600 ($286). Will I see much difference in performance?

A:i7-2600 or i7-2600K?

If you want to Overclock the 2600-K.
If you do not care about overclocking the 2600.

Performance will be the exact same at the default speed.
The only difference is the K is unlocked, making it the ideal choice for overclockers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175945-i7-2600-i7-2600k.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Right now I have a 1055t amd x6, I'm actually selling my computer and going to do a new build and I wanted to try intel... I do a bit of video editing here and there, but my 1055t was just fine for that, is the extra 100 dollars worth for the 2600k if i mainly do gaming and a bit of video editing? Im going to be pairing it with a nice GPU and 8-16 gigs of ddr2 1600, or is there a AMD CPU thats just as good but cheaper?

A:i5 2500k or the i7 2600k

Gaming aficionados would point you to the 2500K as its gaming performance is virtually the same as the 2600K and most don't think the 80 or 100 dollar difference is worth it.

On the other hand, the 2600K is an i7 and has hyperthreading, which can be an advantage in video processing. So, it depends on what you mean by "a bit" of video editing, whether saving a few minutes means much, and how tight your budget is.

If your AMD was fine for video editing, I'd say the 2500K will probably be more than fine and you could put the saved money toward an SSD or a night on the town.

There's no need for you to get a K model processor if you won't be overclocking. That might save you 20 bucks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213991-i5-2500k-i7-2600k.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Any major differences between these 2 processors?

A:i7 2600 vs 2600k

The 2600k seems to take to overclocking much better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/171938-i7-2600-vs-2600k.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I checked my system temps this morning and found this at idle Intel Desktop Utillties CPU ID Processor---- c ---- - Package------ I7, temps 2600K c Core --------- c ----- - Core --------- Core --------- c ----- Core --------- Core ------- c ------ Core --------- Core ------- c ------ Core I7, 2600K temps --------- Which temperature should I believe I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and everything in the test indicated PASSED Task Manager seems to show all cores working OK however in Microsoft Flight Simulator X I saw CPU usage at I don t remember that ever happening before System boots normally and seems to be fine Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB I7, 2600K temps Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB O Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DP BG Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:I7, 2600K temps

check BIOS for volatges and temps post back in here with info...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i7-2600k-temps.1114219/
Relevancy 46.44%

As i have already made a topic on me building a new rig soon i was just wondering since the sandy bridge CPUs will be out soon what are your thoughts on it vs the i7 950 system i mean i am going to want to OC this system to the max so would sandy bridge be better overall?

A:i7 2600k vs i7 950 for a new build?

get the 2600k since it is the newer architecture and is faster clock for clock. The 2600k will also overclock higher with less voltage; some see 5Ghz on air with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-vs-i7-950-for-a-new-build.159060/
Relevancy 46.44%

OK so Im ordering the rest of my build today Im still left with a bit of a Dilemma (2600k vs 2700k) CPU And that is k or k I've been looking into this for the past week and seeing all forms of different claims Many say its a waste of money Its just a k with a multi bump nothing more CPU (2600k vs 2700k) It clocks the same and theres no difference at all But others say it is indeed a better chip That the large majority of s can not even reach the Ghz clock we see at reviews and the good clocking low voltage ones are becoming much harder to get because they are now ks At any count it does seem they clock fairly well Although some of the earlier Ks could as well But this review if it can be trusted was a bit interesting Intel Core i k Flagship Showdown Review - eTeknix Quote From what we saw by clocking the chip to GHz at volts it s nothing to be laughed at and actually performs slightly better than the k we ve been using in terms of clock for clock speed Very few are actually comparing them clock for clock Granted the difference is little to none but does this mean it may in fact be a bit revised and better chip So at this point in the game Whats a better option K and hope for a good one or the K Just with a bit better odds of a really good one I wont be reaching for huge clocks for a speeds but I would want something that can clock well at lower voltages thus less heat I can go do either or so the price ATM isnt that huge of a deal But with the ill just have put on hold a few little extra things I was planning fan controller etc But the main build will be done Not really a big deal thats all easy to add later

A:CPU (2600k vs 2700k)

I don't know you, but I would guess that if you bought the 2600K, you would always be wondering that a certain higher clock would be more easily attained if you had only bought the 2700K--and at that point you could not undo the decision.

On the other hand, if you buy the 2700K, I assume you will be able to get all of your goodies soon enough, albeit delayed due to budget.

You are less likely to regret a 2700K purchase, from what I gather from your posts. Why take a chance on regrets?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197783-cpu-2600k-vs-2700k.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is it possible to use the i7 video processor as dedicated physx on a p67 motherboard?

A:Use i7 2600k as Physx

Not if you have a discreet graphics card installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140577-use-i7-2600k-physx.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Ok when my computer is on and under no load my video card is at 47, the second I turn on WoW, it's increasing to 80-91.. I'm using a ATI Radeon X850 series. I'm thinking it might be fan control but I have no idea how to access this. And i was using ATI Tray Tools.. and when i closed it.. it went back to 60 under load.. which is not great.. but okayish.. so I'm think ATI tray tools had some default fan settings .. and if anyone knows how to check the fan settings please help lol

A:Really big problem, temperature at 91 Celsius

That doesn't make sense. The fan controls are in CMOS (press delete at the first screen when you start your computer to access CMOS). That's if there are any fan controls.

You could look and see, but I'm not sure that's a fan issue. It sounds like a misreported temperature. In the past most people used Motherboard Monitor to know the CPU temperature, but it appears it's no longer in development and I've not found another one yet that reports temperatures somewhat accurately. Although, there is Speedfan, but I was told that it was flaky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-big-problem-temperature-at-91-celsius.107103/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello there firstly I apologize for my bad english it is not my native tongue Anyway I got a little heating problem Basicly when I start oblivion video game and play for card My 140 that degree gfx is...) hit (Celsius - minute my gfx card hits degree Celsius S and slowdowns itself Problem started just weeks ago before that I were playing it My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) without a single heating problem Well I gotta say there is no way in hell a gfx card could hit degree and still work and no it didn t burn itself neither did it burn cables inside the computer Problem eventually repeats itself I m My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) a tech noob but I could say that either there is a problem in fan or there is a software problem So all I m asking is that if there is a software problem how could I fix it Or eventually is there a way My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...) to understand which kind of problem I got Because gfx cards warranty went off just couple of months ago and most probably I ll buy a new card instead of paying money to repair it Or I might consider buying a new fan for the geforce please share it if you people know a good fan P S I took a SS even if there was no d application was running it was showing degree o O Anyway already now thanks a lot for all helps nbsp

A:My gfx card hit 140 degree (Celsius that is...)

That picture shows your card at 70+ degrees, not 140. The threshold means that the temperature that shows there is where the card will basically blow up on you. Although 70C is pretty hot for any graphics card, my 8800 gtx doesnt even get that hot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gfx-card-hit-140-degree-celsius-that-is.80217/
Relevancy 46.01%

OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x bits What was original installed OS on celsius at 31 about gaming BSOD during system None - Clean harddrisk bought Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming system or full retail BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware Motherboard old processor water cooler harddisk and power supply about year Case about half a year and the new processor about days Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS OS was never modified since its installation year ago CPU Old Engineering Sample of i K New Genuine i K Video Card ZOTAC Nvidia GTX MotherBoard P P -M PRO Power Supply BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming - brand amp wattage Antec CP- Watt System Manufacturer That would be yours truly Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom No model number custom made My PC keeps crashing with a black screen of death every time I play intensive games like battlefield it happened even before I got my GTX so its not a graphical issue I cool my CPU with a water cooler which gives idle tempratures around - celsius I've tried to recreate it using an overclock tester yet my cpu is not overclocked but the process failed I first though the problem was that my CPU was an engineering sample so finally I bought a genuine i K but against my expectations it happened again so here I am Could you help me with this

A:BSOD at about 31 celsius during gaming

nVidia update tool has errors. Please:
- download a fresh copy of your drivers
- uninstall the current copy of your drivers
- install the freshly downloaded copy

Your SysTool device has issues also, please uninstall it.

You do not have SP1 installed, please do the following:

Quote:

Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

Comodo has been known to cause BSOD's. Please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Comodo from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Comodo using this free tool (requires registration): Login
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus, then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

More to follow once the 50 memory dumps are finished running.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-about-31-celsius-during-gaming-623853.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an ATI Radeon 4800 series graphics card in my DELL Dimension e510 computer and was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get my card to run cooler...

Despite all i have tried my card runs at about 85 to 90 degrees while idle and about 95 to 120 degrees while activity is higher.

Stuff I have tried:
-Kept my case open on the side
-Adjusted fan speed to 100 percent
-Changed thermostat temp. in my house down by 3 degrees
-Changed overclock settings
-Lowered FPS limit in games to 55fps
-Updated CCC

Stuff I am not willing to try:
-Adding fans to my system as I don't think anything else will fit in my small case

I noticed this problem while running starcraft 2 when my card completely shut off to protect itself from overheating. It now overheats anytime i play and runs very hot in other games as well...

Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.01%

using Mozilla firefox how do I change farenheit to Celsius in the weather channel readout on the toolbar thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-fahreheit-to-celsius.1165354/
Relevancy 46.01%

So, today I opened up my computer case, to see that it's full of dust. After 20 minutes of cleaning all the dust from the cooler, video card, motherboard, etc, I started it. All went good, and now, when I opened Minecraft 1.8 it started to lag and after ~3 minutes of gameplay it crashes. No errors, just showing the "not responding text". Before cleaning the case, it went good, but still had framedrops, such as :

Before cleaning it : Playing with stable 55-60 fps
After cleaning it : Playing with unstable 20 fps, and after 2 minutes I have this shit. The frames drop from 20 to 1. ****.

When I checked my CPU Temperature I saw that I had and still haves 92 celsius degrees. My CPU didn't had so much termic paste. Could that be the problem ? Do I need to put another paste on it?

Specs :

Nvidia GeForce 210 1 GB GDDR3
Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 (1.8 Ghz dual core)

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129586-cpu-temperature-92-celsius-degrees.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi folks,
I got a bit of a shock when I just opened Speccy to see how my graphics cards were going, because they (2x) generally run on the "warm" side (one at around 60C and the other around 80C) ... which, even though this PC was built "professionally" and has quite a number of fans ... is quite warm.

But the shock came when I saw that my CPU was running at 94 deg C!! At the moment, the current reading is ... 91, but it's fluctuated as "low" as 84 C a few minutes ago. It's never run THIS hot before, a bit over the max of 68C but this is now serious!

What's the best way to get the temp down in the future? Right now, I'm gonna turn the thing OFF, until there's been time for some replies from you good people.
Cheers,
BenT

A:CPU temp of 94 Degrees Celsius!

Hi and welcome to sevenforums.
You may need to reseat your cpu cooler with new thermal compound or upgrade to a better one would be my guess. Do you know what kind of cpu cooler you have? i7's need LOTS of cooling at the source. Personally, I'd look into water cooling. Since I swapped my old one for the Corsair H50, http://www.corsair.com/cooling/hydro...pu-cooler.html I've never had another heat issue.
Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/155445-cpu-temp-94-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have bought my computer something like months ago It has recently come to my attention that its reaching very high temperatures such as C during mild stress I do mean mild as games aren't very CPU intensive Yesterday i cleaned it of all the dust and it went from to - on idle That still is high though So i'm wondering what could possibly be the problem I don't overclock or anything Could it be that the temperature monitor is defective Or is the CPU defective Or is it something simple like re-applying thermal paste I really hate doing that I remember doing a stress test on it for hours when i first bought it and it never went over C What do you guys suggest I want to keep the thermal paste 2600k Intel Overheating as a last resort as i hate opening my computer Everytime i carry it to a table i think quot This is it I am going to trip on something and crash it quot By the way the room temperature is something around C And yes all the fans are working at RPM I'm using default voltage i think its V and i'm using HW Monitor to check these

A:Intel 2600k Overheating

50C idle temperature is too hot. It will depend on your ambient temp though.
You could try reseating the the Heat sink using a good thermal paste like Artic Silver. Their Web site will show you the best application technique for a specific processor.
I also did not like the stock cooler and used a Hyper 212+ (about $30 I think). It can be a bit fiddly to fit and you need to check your Motherboard and case for clearances. There are others of course.

Also here is the link to the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool (64 bit).
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DwnldID=19792

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237881-intel-2600k-overheating.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Which one I should go for? Which one is better?

A:AMD FX 8150 or Intel i7 2600K?

Here are a few reviews that answer the question better than I could.

Bulldozer Arrives: AMD FX-8150 Review
AMD FX-8150 vs. Intel i7-2600k CrossFireX HD 6970 x3 Head-to-Head

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-fx-8150-or-intel-i7-2600k.182236/
Relevancy 46.01%

I don't quite understand how to take advantage of Intel? HD Graphics 3000 built into the i7 2600k processor. I know mine is inactive. I wonder if it is because my motherboard is H67 or because I have a graphics card installed? I also wish to know the purpose of the Intel? HD Graphics 3000. Is it to replace the need of a graphics card or to work in conjunction with a graphics card or is it for better performance if there is no graphics card. I have searched the web and haven't found a definitive answer.

Replies will be appreciated. Thank you

A:i7 2600k and its integrated graphics?

My guess it that you have to enable the HD 3000 graphics in the H67 BIOS.
You probably should remove the dedicated graphics card you installed, first.
Hook up your monitor to the available H67 ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175180-i7-2600k-its-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Im about to buy a Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor, can anyone recomend a good mainboard for around 150 to pair with this CPU? I need the board be compatable with my Corsair TX650 PSU and fit in my Antec 900 case.

A:£150 motherboard for Core i7-2600K

Any LGA1155 board (server aside) will be compatible with the chassis and the PSU.
Depending upon what level of connectivity and build quality you want, 150 covers just about every mainstream offering.
Asus P67 Sabertooth . Practically bulletproof. 5 year warranty
Asus P8Z68-V PRO : If you like the idea of being able to run integrated graphics (handy if you need to sell your graphics card before upgrading to a new one).
To be honest, unless you're planning on cramming the chassis with every peripheral known to man, then you need not spend ~150 .
MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) -104. Offers just about everything with the exception of eSATA and a USB3.0 header ( which the Antec doesn't use in any case). It still offers USB3.0 through the rear I/O. If you want the USB3.0 header for a future chassis that supports it then the MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) is 120.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A3150-motherboard-for-core-i7-2600k.166852/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I'm looking for a case for a new gaming rig I'm building, which would also be used for other computer work such as video editing. The CPU will be the Intel 2400K. The case I've been reading great reviews about is the Coolermaster HAF X. I especially like it for its side window, features, quiet fans (according to reviews) and capacity (eg for long graphic cards, big coolers, etc). But this case was released around a year ago so I'm wondering if this is has sufficient airflow for an overclocked 2600K. The reviews I read all say it has excellent cooling but that would have been tested using the CPU's and components available at that time which probably run at different temperatures as today's components. What tower cases are other people on this forum using for their 2600K setups? Or are there any newer cases I should be looking at?

Thanks.

A:What case for Intel 2600K rig?

What other components you got in there? What's your budget?

The HAF X is an excellent case but there are plenty of other options as well. The HAF 932 is no slouch either at about $30 cheaper. You could even do with a good mid tower chassis like the Antec 900, CM 690 II, Thermaltake V9, etc.

Other than just room, airflow and cooling cases are also about aesthetic appeal. Take a look at some cases on newegg.com and find one that best suits your taste.

Note: There are some excellent case reviews here at Techspot. Don't forget to checkout those articles before you make your choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-case-for-intel-2600k-rig.169270/
Relevancy 46.01%

If I would go with an i7 2600K what motherboard are people recommending? Thanks.

A:Motherboard for Core i7-2600K?

the best board for i7 2600k now is MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-core-i7-2600k.170334/
Relevancy 46.01%

I currently own main sig rig with an Intel i7 950 CPU. I'm planning on building a second gaming rig for the kids. Either a i5 2500K or i7 2600K.

I'm wondering should I switch the i7 950 for either of those two?

The i5 2500K seems to be as good i7 2600K for gaming but adds hyper threading for applications at $100 more. Is it really worth it?

Would the i5 2500K be better than the i7 950?

Would the i7 2600K be better than the i7 950?

I'm just not sure. Any suggestions or comments?

A:Intel i7-950 vs i5-2500K vs i7-2600K

If you do heavily threaded processes (like video encoding or the like) then I'd say the 2600K is worth it to you. If you rarely do those types of things I'd say build with a 2500K and give the kids the 950. Also, make sure you get a decent aftermarket CPU cooler and once you have everything running stably give it a bit of an OC for a pleasant surprise - this is coming from someone who has been against overclocking for the last few years. I've been more interested in stability than anything else, but there's just no way these chips were not meant for this. Prior to getting a 2600K myself I was on an i7 930 and I really wasn't expecting a performance increase due to several of the things I had read from other people. Turns out there's no way any of these people have spent an extended amount of time with both and come to that conclusion. It's been a very pronounced performance gain after switching to the 2600K for me and I was already using some pretty solid GPUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-i7-950-vs-i5-2500k-vs-i7-2600k.174614/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, writing this using a hospital computer (back surgery.)
I was upgrading a piece at a time and bought an i7-2600k processor. Then found out about the P67 mess. Thought, "Fine, I'll wait for the X58 motherboard to come out." It has and it's lga1366 and I'm stuck with this lga-1155 processor. Is my only recourse to try and return the processor? I know this sounds stupid (yes I'm not that savvy and out of the loop currently,) but are there adapters etc? If I have to return the processor, what is the best processor to use for the X58? And now I'm hearing about the socket 2011 in October. What's that all about? What a mess.
Thanks,
Anthony

A:Just Bought i7-2600k. Now P67 Mess X58?

its been fixed long ago there are socket 1155 motherboards and there are revision B3 1155 motherboards, pick up a B3 Rev and it should be all fine
for the x58 you can only use the i7 9xx series and i7 8xx series, in essence the 1st generation
http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=6996 skip to half way down with a silicon wafer picture

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-i7-2600k-now-p67-mess-x58.988501/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys,

This is my first post over here and I wanted a bit of help with an issue I've been having with my laptop for the last year or so.

Constantly its CPU temperature is over 70 degrees Celsius and the fans are always at top speed. It does not matter how long it has been turned on for. I could turn it on after several hours off, do nothing - just load the startup stuff - and have the fans working hard. I've checked the CPU temperature with RealTemp and it constantly scores over 70 degrees.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I have done some online virus checks and found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:CPU temperature constantly over 70 degrees Celsius

Have you ever cleaned the laptop from dust buildup that might be clogging the exhaust vent, fan, etc ?
Can you feel hot air coming out of the exhaust vent ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/393379-cpu-temperature-constantly-over-70-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all, I have had my laptop for maybe three years now. The temperatures never really bothered me up until a few months ago. They tend to get up to 62 degrees celsius (both cores) while watching YouTube and internet browsing, but up to 85 degrees celsius while gaming. I have heard of using a cool pad (In fact, I am using one now, except it doesn't do much, due to my laptop only having one fan on the side), thermal paste, and compressed air, but I do not have the money for any of those. If anyone can tell me what I can do, PLEASE tell me. Thanks!
-TheMuffinMan

A:HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC getting up to 85 degrees celsius

Other than a good cleaning, replacing thermal paste and make sure the fan is working properly their isn't much you can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356171-hp-pavilion-dm1-notebook-pc-getting-up-85-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone thank you in advance CPU Cronic Overheating (100+ Celsius) Degrees for your help My Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) family s computer has been repeatedly shutting down due to overheating and I am at a loss as to what to do Here is a brief history of the problem The computer which runs Windows XP is semi-custom we took parts from our old computer put in new memory Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) and a new motherboard and put it in a new case we bought Shortly after we set it up however it started shutting down When we were doing something strenuous it would all of a sudden freeze up and then just shut down When it came back up it would say it had shut down due to overheating We tried many things including two new fans and a new heat sink but nothing seems to have helped the problem Just this morning I ran some diagnostic programs and discovered that the processor is running at an idle temperature of Degrees Celsius When I ran a stress testing program prime within seconds it jumped up to and stayed exactly at it making me think that the meter didn t go any higher The computer is not overclocked at Cronic CPU Overheating (100+ Degrees Celsius) all I ve found plenty of information saying how to cool down the cpu but I m already employing most of the tips my C reading was taken with immediately after dusting out the computer and with a cpu fan a power supply fan and two case fans running What I really want to know is why the computer would get so hot in the first place when all the cooling stuff seems to be being done right Thank You for your answers nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I was experiencing some problems with my pc s performance and decided to dust it out I removed the graphics Solved: degrees 88 celsius CPU after cleaning card put the vacuum cleaner to it and put it back I Solved: CPU 88 degrees celsius after cleaning also vacuum cleaned the entire PC but didn t remove the parts for it Also had the vacuum cleaner above the cpu fan After that I started my PC again and it just shut down after start up Then when I started through safe mode which worked I was able to start SpeedFan and could see that my CPU was burning up to degrees celsius Before I shut it down again it even went as high as degrees I don t understand what Solved: CPU 88 degrees celsius after cleaning I could have done to make my CPU go from around degrees to degrees by just removing dust Is it possible the vacuum cleaner may have broken something I m not completely sure but I think SpeedFan told me the cpu fan was spinning at rpm I have no idea if this is high or low or if this should be adjusted or whatever Any insights are more than welcome and I d be happy to provide more information should you need it My specs E GHz not overclocked standard cooler GT sparkle standard cooler gb ram windows vista ultimate nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new here, I apologize if i am posting in the wrong section.

Computer was experiencing random crashes when running software/games so I decided to swap out some sticks of ram to see if that was the issue, and it was not, crashes still occurred. I booted up into BIOS and looked at the different temps, and my CPU temperature was at 70 give or take 2 degrees, when idling normally its between 35-40...

The fan on the heatsink is running fine, room temperature is about 25 in here and the side of the case is always open.

I'm a amateur when it comes to computers, I only know enough to put one together.

If anyone could give me some insight on what to do to troubleshoot further it would greatly be appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm just wondering if this temperature is OK. It seems a little high to me. The room temperature is about 23 degrees Celsius. While playing a game like Doom 3 or America's Army it shoots up to 65+. I have yet to find out what temperatures are good. I'm just using the stock intel heatsink and fan. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys. Recently I have purchased a new computer. 2600k/msi p67a-gd65/GTX470 more info in my profile. I have constant computer freezing during booting, in bios, right after windows starts, during playing games or watching youtube. I have no idea what can be wrong. I heard that many msi p67a-gd65 owners have similar problems, but I`m not sure. Maybe it is my GTX470. Could you help me to read my .dmp file? I was also once able to take picture of blue screen (but it only appeared one time) and I included it to zip file. And also when computer freezes sometimes sound stays on normally, I hear everything like it suppose to be but screen freezes. I have no idea what to do RMA motherboard (I have to due to chip problems) or graphic card or I have to change something in bios. Please help me

http://***************/files/446432185/BSOD.rar

A:i7 2600k/msi p67a-gd65/GTX470

Hi roland1989 and Welcome.
Your latest dump file has a stop 0x124 error code, which means blame the hardware.
See this thread for pointers:Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to tryThe majority of your dump files however (5 of 7) have a stop 0x116 error code: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR.
See this thread to begin troubleshooting:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR Troubleshooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142794-i7-2600k-msi-p67a-gd65-gtx470.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here the screenshot of BSOD

Please advise me to how to solve

thank you.

full specs

Windows 7 Sp 1 x64 all updates are made clean install

ASus p8p67 pro 1850 bios

16 gb ddr 3 1333 mhz ram

750 watt silverstone psu

Gefoce GTX 470 amp edition stock values

core i 7 i2600k stock values

graphic card driver : 275.33-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql
and also tried with 280.19-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-beta

A:Windows 7 Sp1 - Core i7 2600K - Gefore GTX 470 AMP

Quote: Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG

thank you.

full specs

ASus p8p67 pro 1850 bios

16 gb ddr 3 1333 mhz ram

750 watt silverstone psu

Hi MonsterMMORPG ,please follow these steps and upload here your bsod file

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179836-windows-7-sp1-core-i7-2600k-gefore-gtx-470-amp.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
Could someone please tell me the default CPU settings for the i7 2600k.
By this I mean which CPUs are defaulted to be parked on the resource manager.
I made the mistake of unparking all of them without keeping a record of which ones
were parked.
Thanks,
Adam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-default-cpu-park-settings.202858/
Relevancy 45.15%

So i recently upgraded from a i7 960 to a i7 2600k
bought a brand new board and used a set of ram i had laying around

specs
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE FleX 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Memory: G.Skill ECO DDR3 1600 2x2gb or CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1600 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Hard Drive: 2x Intel 40gb SSD raid 0 + 3x320 raid5 + 1tb SP
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S183L SATA Multi
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W
Display: SAMSUNG 941BW Black 19" x3
Case: CHIEFTEC BRAVO BA-01B-B-B Black Steel Full Tower
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Speakers: Logitech x530 5.1
Headphones: Audio-Technica ad-700's with zalman clip on mic
Mouse: Logitech G500
Mouse pad: Xtrac pad ripper
Keyboard: Das Keyboard
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

A:bsod 0x00000124 on new sb 2600k build

Quote: Originally Posted by ghettogeddy

So i recently upgraded from a i7 960 to a i7 2600k
bought a brand new board and used a set of ram i had laying around

specs
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k Sandy Bridge
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE FleX 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870 1GB
Memory: G.Skill ECO DDR3 1600 2x2gb or CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 1600 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Hard Drive: 2x Intel 40gb SSD raid 0 + 3x320 raid5 + 1tb SP
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S183L SATA Multi
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W
Display: SAMSUNG 941BW Black 19" x3
Case: CHIEFTEC BRAVO BA-01B-B-B Black Steel Full Tower
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Speakers: Logitech x530 5.1
Headphones: Audio-Technica ad-700's with zalman clip on mic
Mouse: Logitech G500
Mouse pad: Xtrac pad ripper
Keyboard: Das Keyboard
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175030-bsod-0x00000124-new-sb-2600k-build.html
Relevancy 45.15%

thank you.

full specs

ASus p8p67 pro 1850 bios

16 gb ddr 3 1333 mhz ram

750 watt silverstone psu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-sp1-core-i7-2600k-gefore-gtx-470-amp-592945.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm planning to upgrade my PC to a better one.
I currently planning to buy this motherboard

Code:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_DELUXE/#overview
many says i5-2500k is almost the same as the i7-2600k. except for the HT and extra
4 cores.

is it worth it the $100 for the i7?

and.. is the DRAM 2200MHz compatible with i5 and i7?.

My usage is these:
Photoshop
some video encoding
Internet
PS2 Emulation
extreme gaming. hehehe
and.. is that board good for overclocking both CPUs?
and, when is the best time to buy? (like tentative price drop).

TIA!

A:i5-2500k vs i7-2600k and DRAM compatibility

Basically they are both the same. Both have 4 cores, the i7-2600K is clocked 100mhz faster and has hyperthreading that the 2500K does not. Ram compatability is the same, it is the board that is the determining factor. As far as the motherboard, you will have to read the reviews to decide for yourself, a good place is Newegg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203176-i5-2500k-vs-i7-2600k-dram-compatibility.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Will going to 83 Celsius damage my nvidia GeForce gt 335m?

A:Will going to 83 Celsius damage my nvidia GeForce gt 335m?

Nope. This is more of a normal gaming temp if you're playing a fairly demanding game.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297567-will-going-83-celsius-damage-my-nvidia-geforce-gt-335m.html
Relevancy 45.15%

also CPU 29
graphics card 49
cpu fan 1906 round/min

is this normal?

thx very much

A:Motherboard is at 61 Celsius at non-game time. Is this fine?

Is it me, or are those temps really good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-is-at-61-celsius-at-non-game-time-is-this-fine.149015/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I purchased a Corsair H80 fan to replace the normal fan and heatsink that comes with the i7 980X as standard. With the old heatsink I was getting temperatures around 51 degrees celsius when idling.

After installing the H80 fan and double checking the thermal paste contact was secure I turned the PC on and opened up SpeedFan to monitor the CPU temperature.

After opening SpeedFan the CPU temperature read 45 degrees Celsius. Over a period of around 20 minutes the temperature continued to rise until reaching 62 degrees Celsius at which it stabilised. This was with the PC at 0% load.

I checked the fans were pulling air in how they should be and they are.

Something is clearly not working or setup wrong. but I have no idea what. Do I need to replace the thermal paste?

Thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop suffered a hard degrees temperatures;upto celsius high 100 CPU drive crash last week I high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius got the HD replaced earlier it was a toshiba gb rpm HD now it is a HGST gb rpm after i setup the whole laptop properly with all the drivers and all the softwares including basic utilities anitvirus etc the fan seems to be running all the time and specially when browsing using chrome it begins to sound very loud which it doesnt used to earlier before the hard disk crash Now to check the CPU high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius temperatures high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius i downloaded SPECCY To my surprise the MOBOs temperature is way below the normal thanks to indian winters P but at the same time the CPU temp all the cores is showing me degrees celsius though the base of my laptop is not even close to warm Even the GPU cores are at normal temperatures I have attached two screenshot of SPECCY indicating high core temps and high bus speed as well and the other showing way too normal temperatures for the MOBO I need suggestions whether SPECCY is showing incorrect measurements which it usually doesnt or there is some other problem which i should worry about configuration windows home basic bit AMD A- M GB single channel DDR RAM HP A single socket FT motherboard MB ATI AMD Radeon HD G M Dual Graphics HP MB ATI AMD Radeon HD M HP

A:high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius

Could be that the heatsink was knocked off the processor when the drive was replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311653-high-cpu-temperatures-upto-100-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys Temps in post Celsius Fehrenht guys or Are you the here st post here but been reading this site for a few days Tons of good info on here and I would already like to thank you all Anyways last week I just build my st Pc and today just overclocked it with Gigabytes Easy Tune software Im currently running my i now stable at GHz Obviously Im new Are the Temps you guys post here in Celsius or Fehrenht to system building and overclocking but fingers crossed so far so good I am keeping a close eye on the temps and see my system reporting the following temps see attachement Hardware monitor ITE IT Voltage Volts x CPU VCORE Voltage Volts x VIN Voltage Volts xCF V Voltage Volts xB V Voltage - Volts xC - V Voltage - Volts xF - V Voltage Volts x V VCCH Voltage Volts xC VBAT Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x TMPIN Temperature C F x A TMPIN Fan RPM x E FANIN Hardware monitor Intel Core i Power W Processor Temperature C F x C Core Temperature C F x F Core Temperature C F x C Core Temperature C F x F Core Hardware monitor Radeon HD Temperature C F GPU Core Hardware monitor WDC WD AALS- E B Temperature C F x D Assembly Im not sure if these numbers are very good or UH OHhh lol wondering also if someone could review my performance information and let me know what they think Keep in mind this is my first attempt but dont really know what to monitor for other than temps etc Thanks in advance guys

A:Are the Temps you guys post here in Celsius or Fehrenht

All temps given here for over-clocking purposes are in Celsius, unless otherwise stated. 29 C is quite cool. If it gets above 70C, watch out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/65986-temps-you-guys-post-here-celsius-fehrenht.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I m trying to overclock my computer and amp 2X Cu 6970 I7-2600K Asus and HD II Direct Overclocking have couple I7-2600K and 2X Asus HD 6970 Direct Cu II Overclocking of questions in my mind System Specs Cpu amp ntel Core-i k Mhz V Fan speed Ram Kingston GB x Mhz V Gpu x Asus HD Direct Cu II Gb Core Mhz Memory Mhz Stock Voltage Fan speed Mainboard Asus p z -V Powersupply Highpower Absolute W Soundcard Creative X-Fi Titanium MOnitor x hz Led Tv Chasis Aerocool XPredator With full of fans Storage TB Western Digital Caviar Black Rpm mb Cache Sata-III With Gb SSD as cache amp ntel I7-2600K and 2X Asus HD 6970 Direct Cu II Overclocking smart respnse technology All of the drivers are up-to-date and bios is up-to-date My first question is as you see i overclocked gpus to mhz Core clock and mhz memory clock at stock voltage My DMark score slightly increases but i don t gain any important performance in game benchmarks Should i use these gpus with these clock speeds for daily use Will these clock speeds cause damage All temps are good and amp dont change voltages amp f there is any possibility to couse damage to gpus i will revert back to default clocks because the performance difference is very small I have done a lot of benchmark test and i m posting the results is there any problem in these results BENCHMARKS ff Gpu Stock Speed Core mhz - Memory mhz ff D Mark Minimum Settings Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Entry Level Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total E Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Performance Level Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total P Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Performance Level With Triple Buffering Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Performance Level With Vsync Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Performance Level With Vsync and Triple Buffering Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Extreme Level Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total X Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB D Mark Maximum Settings Graphics Score Physics Score Combined Score Gt Gt Gt Gt Pt Ct Total Cpu Max Temp C CPU VCORE MAX V SYS TEMP MAX C AUX TEMP MAX C CPU Power Max W Gpu Max Voltage V GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU TEMP MAX C GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DED amp CATED MB GPU MAX MEMORY USAGE DYNAM amp C MB Dirt x Highest Settings - Vsync Off gt gt Avarage Fps Minimum Fps Dirt x Highest Settings - Vsync on gt gt Avarage Fp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i7-2600k-and-2x-asus-hd-6970-direct-cu-ii-overclocking.1038178/
Relevancy 44.72%

hello guys.
I would like to know your opinions about the gaming performance of upcoming AMD processors and why you think it is better or worse than i7 sandy bridge

A:AMD Bulldozer FX 8150p vs Intel i7-2600k for gaming

I have been holding off on building a new system until the release of Bulldozer so I can make my final decision based upon actual comparative data between AMD's newest release and the Intel offerings. But until we know actual benchmarks from released Bulldozer chips it is impossible to say. My guess is it might meet and possibly even surpass 2500 but not the i7 2600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-bulldozer-fx-8150p-vs-intel-i7-2600k-for-gaming.171659/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone!

I have a PC that I built 2 years ago with Intel i7 2600K and a Z68 mobo.
I recently upgraded from Adobe Lightroom 3 to version 4. It is noticeably slower going from one image to the next. I see the loading status all the time. It is unbearable if I'm editing hundreds of images.
I wonder if I upgrade to the i7 3770K would be a worthy $300 upgrade as far as speed increase? This is assuming that I can use the same mobo since it's the same cpu socket type LGA 1155. Or do I have to upgrade the mobo to a Z77? (an additional $150 upgrade?)

If I do change the CPU or even the mobo, I can just use all the other components that I have, correct? Hopefully, I don't have to re-install the OS?

Here is my current PC:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20445787

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys

It's been a while since I've been on here but I have a bit of an issue.
It might be noting but I'd like to get it checked out.

I used one of those "driver update" programs that scan your hardware and then gives you back your out of date drivers.
Since updating an Intel driver I've now got an "Xeon E3-1200/2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor Family PCI Express Root Port - 0101" listed which I don't think was there before.
Problem is I have an I7 2600k so why would it be showing as another CPU model?

I've tried removing the device and hoping Windows will pick it up again but it still came back as a Xeon.
Has anyone else got an i7 but in the "System Devices" menu in "Device Manager" got this listed?

Thank you in advance

A:Xeon E3-1200/2nd Generation listed with an i7 2600k?

That's the problem with those 3rd party driver updaters, they tell you what they want and if you don't know you get stung. My advice is get the drivers from the manufacturer, that way you get the right one's for your comp. Now for the fix if you have a restore point prior to doing the updateing of drivers do it now, if you have a backup image you can use that, when all else fails backup your data and do a clean install or use the factory image on your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216242-xeon-e3-1200-2nd-generation-listed-i7-2600k.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I don't want to tweak voltages as I am a amateur overclocker. So what's a stable overclock at stock voltages?
I have a Hyper 212+ w/ 2 fans (push and pull)
Also, which one should I use to overclock? turbo boost multiplier or the core multiplier?
all replies are appreciated.

A:2600K stable overclock on stock voltages?

I think 4.2 Ghz would be ok on stock voltages. also use core to overclock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2600k-stable-overclock-on-stock-voltages.164266/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a gaming pc with second generation core i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 mobo, WD Black Sata III hard drive, Nvidia GTX 570 graphic card. I wish to install Windows XP with Windows 7 on my PC, i.e. dual boot both the windows. Is it possible to do that? Since I am not so advanced in technical matters, would some one guide me how to do that in easy language step by step? I would appreciate your help in this regards. With my best regards.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys, I'm going to get a Core i7 2600k for my new gaming build but I'm unsure about how the turbo-mode is affected by overclocking. The stock speed of this processor is 3.4GHz which goes up to 3.8GHz with turbo-mode.

If I overclock it to 4.4GHz does this mean that it will run at 3.4GHz with turbo-mode going up to 4.4GHz? Or will it run at 4.4GHz all the time?

Thanks in advance!

A:How is turbo-mode affected by overclocking the 2600k?

From my experience with the previous Generation, if you overclock with turbo on it just increases the turbo auto clock, so turn it off, and control everything manually to get the overclock you desire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-is-turbo-mode-affected-by-overclocking-the-2600k.160756/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I'm new here. For the past couple of months my laptop starts to throttle it's gpu at 67C,  which is quite low. I have turned off hp coolsense and have selected high performance but no use as it's locked at 67C. The gpu is GT 740M 2gb DDR3. Nvidia control panel also is configured for best performance as well.  Please help. Updating nvidia drivers don't help as well. I have updated the pc software from hp updates directly too, so I don't think it's due to bad updates. By the way I'm not sure if this throttling issue was there from beginning as I didn't use a monitoring application until I noticed the massive fps drop in games after a minute or so. Thanks in advance. 

A:Nvidia gpu throttling at 67 degree celsius and makes games l...

TessellatedGuy Please uninstall the Intel HD and Nvidia driver Reboot Install first the Intel HD driver Reboot Install the Nvidia driver Please check the Bios and uefi version Install all other 10 drivers  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-gpu-throttling-at-67-degree-celsius-and-makes-games/td-p/5256791
Relevancy 44.72%

this temp is pretty high isnt it any body please advice. I just put this system together like as in its been running for about an hour! evga 680i mobo. i dont know maybe this higher temps is normal for a brand new system. anybody with a little advice would be greatly appreciated. thanx

A:intel core 2 duo e6850 runnin in high 40's celsius

Download and run everest from majorgeeks.com to see if there is anything else running a bit hot as well. Your temps are not that bad if you are working the system hard.
When you assembled it, did you perhaps use too much heat transfer compound? It only needs a small amount.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-duo-e6850-runnin-in-high-40s-celsius.88564/
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there any way to lower the threshold temp for when the fan comes on? I've downloaded Dell Power Command and set it to "cool" - but it does not change the fan.
Are all 9350's set this way? Is there any way to change it? I'd much prefer if the fan kicked on when it hit 60.
(I have the most recent BIOS.)
Thanks!

A:Dell XPS 9350 - Fan does not turn on unless it hits 83 degrees Celsius.

Hi ITSGOINDOWN,
The fans are designed to run automatically when the system temperature reaches a specific point. 
If you wish to change the fan settings, you could download and configure SpeedFan and that should serve the purpose - http://bit.ly/Yznvna
This blog might help you with the configuration - http://bit.ly/2cG3Dcj
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992144
Relevancy 44.72%

Pc Specs Amd Phenom II X ATI HD Watts PSU A giant fan on the side of my pc A smaller fan on the back of the pc Alright so here s the deal When gaming gaming only my computer automatically turns off after a while I believe it s because my videocard overheats since it s the most warm is degrees think card I 6850 overheating. celsius video 70-75 my HD thing in my computer But it s strange My computer turns off when the videocard reaches - degrees Celsius It isn t that hot right Also I ve installed an extra fan but it doesn t help anything not even when putting my fan speeds at Large fan around the Rpm small fan Rpm Then again I m not sure it s overheating but it I think my video card is overheating. HD 6850 70-75 degrees celsius s seems the most logical explanation to me Happens with all games Crysis Skyrim even CS S I also tried updating my drivers and putting in an additional fan but they only extend how long my pc can go without overheating the problem is still there Please help nbsp

A:I think my video card is overheating. HD 6850 70-75 degrees celsius

No, that is not too hot... though I would increase the cooling options, if it were mine... which it seems you have already done. What you report at 70 - 75 C is common, and should not put additional risk of failure. But that much heat is not good over time... and I would add special directed cooling.
However, since it is shutting down, that card may be reaching the end of its useful product life. If still under warranty, contact the maker or the seller for their opinions. It may be that the card is defective. Look to see if your motherboard manufacturer offers any ideas on their website for that model.
It may be that your motherboard itself is the weak link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-my-video-card-is-overheating-hd-6850-70-75-degrees-celsius.174733/
Relevancy 44.29%

If you look at my system specs you can see my build The CPU is set to run at GHz normally - then go to GHz for normal activities - then go to GHz for high-performance Even at GHz it flawlessly handles anything I've thrown at it because the most strenuous thing I do is light gaming Now for some reason it seems one core is always at almost full usage and the thing has overclocked itself to GHz That is way beyond default settings It's sitting at about degrees Celsius right now which is more than what I want I want it around which it used to manage just fine only reaching when I'm gaming The problem gets even worse when I play Minecraft which should be a very low-intensity game for the CPU and GPU Instead the GPU sits at about degrees celsius and the CPU goes to GHz again and the cores go up to - usage and the temp just keeps going up Is there a problem with my hardware or is it what I'm running on the computer

A:CPU (Intel i7 2600k) Overclocking itself - unwanted, generating heat

Here is a pic of the overclock in action:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240294-cpu-intel-i7-2600k-overclocking-itself-unwanted-generating-heat.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Cards at default of at the moment Had the XFX BE at before moving it to the new machine so will be playing around and trying to get them both back up to that sort of level dMark was giving me quot System Info quot errors when trying to launch it It ran previously so will 2x5850 2600K 4.6Ghz of Benchmarks For i7 red1776: CrossFireX add that bench for you when I get it running again DMark DMarks - DMarks - trial expired can t submit more results - Vantage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- StarCraft impressions Starcraft x AI in Free for All multiplayer on Toxic slums x Extreme setting everything at highest settings No AA or AF For red1776: Benchmarks of 4.6Ghz i7 2600K 2x5850 CrossFireX specified in card drivers - FPS sitting over base with only workers present Few more basic units drops to around Will update later when I ve stuck some AA and AF and had a few battles to get an impression of how much FPS drops Set AA to x Box Set AF to x Tessellation to AMD Optimised All other settings to For red1776: Benchmarks of 4.6Ghz i7 2600K 2x5850 CrossFireX highest quality settings - FPS sitting over base with only workers present Little bit jumpy scrolling around compared to no AA and AF On the plus side I can t see all that much of an IQ difference Seems playable but lacks smoothness Mid sized battles drops to - Would probably settle for lower AA and see if that is a nice middle ground Should be - FPS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AvP D D Benchmark Report Report Created - - Executable Build V Apr DX Hardware Detected Using Default Video Settings Resolution x Texture Quality Shadow Quality Anisotropic Filtering SSAO ON Vertical Sync OFF DX Tessellation ON DX Advanced Shadows ON DX MSAA Samples Benchmark Summary Number of frames Average Frame Time ms Average FPS Click to expand -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v FPS Scores Min FPS Max FPS HardwareBinary Windows bit Visual C Release May Operating system Windows build bit CPU model Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPU flags MHz MMX SSE SSE SSE SSSE SSE SSE HTT GPU model ATI Radeon HD Series CrossFireX Mb SettingsRender direct d Mode x fullscreen Shaders high Textures high Filter trilinear Anisotropy x Occlusion enabled Refraction enabled Volumetric enabled Replication disabled Tessellation normalClick to expand -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Stalker Pripyat Benchmark nbsp

A:For red1776: Benchmarks of 4.6Ghz i7 2600K 2x5850 CrossFireX

Very nice - I'd like to see more game benches in here from that rig Arris - I'm very tempted to move to a 2600K also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/for-red1776-benchmarks-of-4-6ghz-i7-2600k-2x5850-crossfirex.160507/
Relevancy 44.29%

System Intel i - K ASRock Z Extreme Gb ram x G Creative Audigy ZS PNY Geforce GT Has DVI VGA mini-HDMI out but only can be used simultaneously Monitors x Philips B Connected to the Geforce - VGA x Viewsonic wm Connected to the Geforce - DVI-D x Philips LED TV Connected to the integrated graphics on the motherboard- HDMI I have both onboard sound Realtek AL and the Audigy zs installed and enabled they both work fine and will output audio according to which ever playback device is set i5-2600k's (Intel 3000 over HD GPU) Graphics audio HDMI - No as quot default quot http image bayimg No audio over HDMI (Intel HD Graphics 3000 - i5-2600k's GPU) com caihnaadf jpg Problem is there is no audio via hdmi No audio over HDMI (Intel HD Graphics 3000 - i5-2600k's GPU) to my Philips LED TV - No device detected in quot Sound - Playback Devices quot so I am unable to select it as default audio playback device http image bayimg com caihlaadf jpg However if I were to connect the Philips LED TV to the Geforce I am able to see quot Philips FTV- quot in quot Sound - Playback Devices quot and enable it And the TV will output both video and sound http image bayimg com daihbaadf jpg Any advise on how to get the onboard video detect the TV So I can bitstream audio as well as video over HDMI I would prefer this setup onboard video to TV and geforce to xmonitors rather than having the TV viewsonic-monitor on the Geforce

A:No audio over HDMI (Intel HD Graphics 3000 - i5-2600k's GPU)

i'd be interested in this as well. i recently switched to hdmi between my video card and monitor and no matter what i did i could not get sound through the hdmi cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165761-no-audio-over-hdmi-intel-hd-graphics-3000-i5-2600ks-gpu.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Every time computer is restarted the weather gadget shows temps in Fahrenheit although I have very clearly set it to Celsius This is what I can see when booted That temperature is in Fahrenheit I click the Metro selected Metro Fahrenheits, Weather settings. Celsius showing on gadget to enter Weather and system immediately changes to Celsius showing my locations Settings are correct in data js at C Program Files Applications microsoft weather neutral neutral wekyb d bbwe js convertDataTemperature function toCelsius for var city in Weather Data cities quot temperature quot quot feelslike quot quot high quot quot low quot forEach function value index Weather Data cities city value convertTemp Weather Data cities city value toCelsius for var day in Weather Data cityData city forecast Weather Data cityData city forecast day high convertTemp Weather Data cityData city forecast day high toCelsius Weather Data cityData city forecast day low convertTemp Weather Data cityData city forecast day low toCelsius for var hour in Weather Data cityData city hourly Weather Data cityData city hourly hour temp convertTemp Weather Data Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings. cityData city hourly hour temp toCelsius BTW every now and then when PC booted the weather gadget shows location Anaheim California default Clicking the gadget immediately reverts to my locations I have Dev Prev installed on two rigs this happens on both Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings. Any ideas Kari

A:Metro Weather showing Fahrenheits, Celsius selected on settings.

Good one "

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/3879-metro-weather-showing-fahrenheits-celsius-selected-settings.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I've built a new system for myself and for some reason it shuts down when I try to install Vista. I noticed that in the bios settings that the CPU is running at 92 Celsius, maybe that's causing the problem?

I tried re-seat the heatsink but that didn't work, it's still running at 92 Celsius although I didn't try installing Vista after that. Does bios tell the true CPU temperature?

Will I have to buy a new heatsink? But why isn't the original one working?

Thanks

A:New system E8400 running at 92 Celsius and shuts down when istalling Vista

Sounds like your heatsink isn't on properly. It should be completely firm and not shake, wobble or jingle in any way.
Next it could be because you have no thermal compound on, so the heat isn't transferring correctly, but if you bought a brand new processor & heatsink, it comes with stuff pre-installed on the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-e8400-running-at-92-celsius-and-shuts-down-when-istalling-vista.111373/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Have a strange problem on my new pc build Cooler Master HAF Plus Midi Tower Samsung DVD RW burner SH-S C Silver Power SP-SS M W PSU Intel Core i Quad Processor i - K Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz GB CL Crucial RealSSD C quot GB for OS ASUS P P Socket- ASUS Radeon from my old pc I ordered the parts and installed it a week ago installed Win bit Professional bit and all seemed to work fine for week Pc has not been overclocked using standard intel stock CPU cooler got case fans having normal temps Using default BIOS settings A few days ago in the middle of a game screen went BSOD Tried to reboot but got errormessage during boot halts at quot CLASSPNP SYS quot Tried booting in safe mode repair mode tried to reinstall Windows from DVD but all stops at the same stage during boot quot starting windows quot So far I have tried running Windows Memory Diagnostics I7-2600k, CPU booting Build: BSOD/Only cores New Win7 on 1-2 64bit, to check ram found no errors Installed latest BIOS firmware no change Cleared CMOS Bios no change Checked the GPU GFX New Build: I7-2600k, Win7 64bit, BSOD/Only booting on 1-2 CPU cores card on another pc worked fine Tested booting from all diffrent SATA connectors with the SSD device no change Tried reinstall Windows on a new blank HD fails during quot starting windows quot phase Reconnected the SSD after this Then I tried to reduce the number of active CPU cores in Bios from to didnt boot From to cores it booted normally into Windows after this Also on active core If I switch back to or cores Windows stops booting at quot starting windows quot again Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this Bj rnar Oslo Norway

A:New Build: I7-2600k, Win7 64bit, BSOD/Only booting on 1-2 CPU cores

Try changing the sata mode from achi to ide and see if you can get it to install correctly. Others in MS technet have reported the same problem and switching to the opposite sata mode seems to have corrected the issue.

If not please post back.

H.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140135-new-build-i7-2600k-win7-64bit-bsod-only-booting-1-2-cpu-cores.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Lately my laptop seems to be spiking in CPU usage and skips lags when I watch videos play games etc Here is my log Is there anything wrong that may be causing this problem If it helps at all this only seems to happen when I m connected to my home router When I was on my friends routers I wasn t having this issue The other computers connected to my router another laptop and a desktop don t seem to be having this problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan help? hitting Usage CPU 100%, saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA CPU Usage hitting 100%, help? Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CPU Usage hitting 100%, help? ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Dylan teh pwnz rz Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google bitcomet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C Program Files AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run MSConfig C... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

For some reason, hitting any key on the keyboard automatically starts up WMC. If i exit, it pops up again the next time i hit a key. If i minimize it, it pops up again. I can't disable it in any way either. It's currently impossible to write anything, surf the web, play games etc. What to do?

A:Hitting ANY key starts up WMC, what to do?

what is 'WMC' ?

If all else fails (configuring 'WMC') try simply uninstalling it and reinstalling it freshly.

Or you might also want to use windows system recovery to turn your computer back to a state prior to this 'problem' occurring.

Also, did you always have this problem with WMC or has it only started recently?

If it used to work 'normally' in the past your 'WMC' install might be corrupt or infected.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/221817-hitting-any-key-starts-up-wmc-what-do.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi,
am using HP dv2500 notebook,it has vista home premium OS , but i formatted with vista business . The problem is my hard disk is hitting , why and how to resolve it. and any problem if counties using.

A:why my harddisk hitting

Do you mean your hard drive is making a tick tick sound ? ( what do you mean by 'hitting' ?) If you hard drive is making a ticking sound, then you should look into getting a new hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-my-harddisk-hitting.986950/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi again guys this is the log from my girlfriends PC It is really really slow Wondering if it has any problems Here is the log thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved slow CPU PC. hitting Help?... 80% and at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal CPU hitting 80% and slow PC. Help?... Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C CPU hitting 80% and slow PC. Help?... WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SECURI NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runonce msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO MSEvents Object - DC -DD F- A -A - EB A - C WINDOWS system pmnnm dll file missing O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ycomp dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus CfgWiz exe quot GUID D A - A - ec -A C-DF A MODE CfgWiz CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program File... Read more

A:CPU hitting 80% and slow PC. Help?...

sorry, here is the other log....

Incident Status Location

Spyware:spyware/virtumonde Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.statcounter.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.microsofteup.112.2o7.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.112.2o7.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/ErrorSafe Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.errorsafe.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\sz88jnat.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/] ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cpu-hitting-80-and-slow-pc-help-206679.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Has anyone else seen this Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H487FT512P Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Turbo Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards or own it, or know of any benchmark results? 2000Mhz per channel or 4000Mhz effect!!!!!!! That is "F"EN SICK!!!!!

If they put this on a card with 1gb of memory it will be insane!
Paulit has one that is slightly slower.
Newegg.com - PALiT AE=4870S+0452 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

A:ATI keeps hitting Homers!

If your mb can clock it at that freq.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/180051-ati-keeps-hitting-homers.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all, I've got what could be a bit of a problem.

Basically I checked my CPU temperature using the BIOS system health section and I noticed my CPU was at 75 degrees C, which obviously got me a little worried, and it continued to increase whilst I was in the BIOS and got up to a little over 80 degrees C before I shut down the system for the night.

Bear in mind the system temperature was at 40 degrees C and only increased by a degree during the time I spent in the BIOS.

I was wondering if this is normal or if I should buy a new cooling system for my CPU?

Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Foxconn 945gz 7mc ks2h.
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 1.6Ghz.
I'm running a 550v power supply as well if that has any impact.

Cheers.

A:CPU hitting 80 Degrees C?

I would check to verify the CPU cooling fan is turning, and that the heatsink is properly attached (sometimes the plastic clips on the motherboard break off). If those are both good you could try reapplying thermal paste.

I don't think your power supply would have anything to do with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-hitting-80-degrees-c.888654/
Relevancy 42.14%

Someones posting both x64 and x86 to a.b.c

...no props to se7en or jnetty99 in the headers.

There are a few .nl & .de in the posters details...which always say "be Careful!"

I think I'll d/l it anyway and compare hashes to thursday nites version.

A:7127 hitting the NG's

Quote: Originally Posted by Bumpus

Someones posting both x64 and x86 to a.b.c

...no props to se7en or jnetty99 in the headers.

There are a few .nl & .de in the posters details...which always say "be Careful!"

I think I'll d/l it anyway and compare hashes to thursday nites version.

Can you decipher that message for me please,because I can't understand it ,thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10245-7127-hitting-ngs.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Computer seems slow...I ran task manager and find   instances of BDHOSTruning at the same time? Some of these are showing large memory use ..lots of hard drive spin. I scanned with MalwareBytes, Norton, and Microsofts Malacious Software tool....all show nothing? Next step?? The process are:

BDAPhost
BDExhost
BDruntimehost
BDsurrogate host

Ideas?

A:Redirect keeps hitting on me.....hmmmmmmm

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554010/redirect-keeps-hitting-on-mehmmmmmmm/
Relevancy 41.71%

hP pavilion, while in excel tried using f4, now the screen is locked off. How to unlock please. 

A:How to unlock screens after hitting f4

Hi, Try the following. Press the f4 key once. Press the down arrow once. Hit the enter key. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-unlock-screens-after-hitting-f4/td-p/5613515
Relevancy 41.71%

In the past few days, whenever I hit the letter c, in Word or Excel, the window I am currently in gets minimized and I have to maximize it to keep going. Anyone have an idea of how to fix this? Thanks.

A:Hitting my c key minimizes whatever program I am in

How to reset keyboard shortcuts for all commands in Word 2010

or alternatively have you tried a repair install for Office 2010?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/264837-hitting-my-c-key-minimizes-whatever-program-i-am.html
Relevancy 41.71%

When I am in some forms in IE8 and I hit the Return key, it opens a new tab, instead of returning within the block in the form. This is a new occurance in the past few days. Is this a setting i can alter?

A:Hitting Return opens a new tab

What version of IE do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hitting-return-opens-a-new-tab-441810.html
Relevancy 41.71%

for somereason whenever i hit the shift key and another one key for example when i hold down the shift key and hit an "s" the computer wants to turn off. The options come up to turn off, restart or standby. how can i disable this?

A:Shutdown While Hitting The Shift Key

This problem sounds like the result of a faulty keyboard. Pressing Shift-S should simply send a capital S to the system and not a command to shut down.

Can you try another keyboard to compare results ?

Are you running any sort of 'hotkey manager' software that redefines keystrokes to perform commands ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53030/shutdown-while-hitting-the-shift-key/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Folks I ve a feeling this may be something to do with windows explorer 96% Physical Memory hitting or windows indexing - Latelly I copied a number of high def movie rips from an external hard-disc to my laptop to play Physical Memory hitting 96% through my TV via HDMI I m running windows and have gig of ram an in spite of running very few other applications in the background when i play one of the movies the Physical Memory hitting 96% physical memory of my computer hits and stays there The movie then occasionally becomes sluggish and freezes and any attempt to close Physical Memory hitting 96% windows etc cause the computer to lock up completely and when i try to hit Ctrl Alt and Del to use task manager - the computer dies a death altogether All through this at the top of the window containing the high def file the green ribbon loading bar seems to be struggling to complete If i do have the task manager open I can see that the physical memory is all but maxed out but yet there is nothing showing in the processes list that is particularly resource heavy I m sure this makes sense to someone but would love to understand this little glitch better myself Many thanks Rob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468553/physical-memory-hitting-96/
Relevancy 41.71%

Every time i launch my pc after a few minutes my CPU seems to hit 100% and stay there. Occasionally it will drop down again to normal for a few minutes and the raise itself back up if i run anything. Whats wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cpu-keeps-hitting-100-explorer-exe-using-most.1141706/
Relevancy 41.71%

Don't know if this is the right part of the forum to put this.

Anyway....

As of today -- it may have happened before as well -- I noticed my C: drive under Task Manager was hitting 100% usage, now I don't really do much with my computer, except game, surf the Web, and watch movies.

I rebooted my computer and thought that fixed the problem, but after logging back in it started hitting 100% again.

Does anyone know if Windows 8 could be causing the issue, if it is, I'll reinstall Windows 7 later today, because AFAIK, I've never had this issue crop up on Win7..?!

A:HDD Hitting 100% Usage On Windows 8 Pro....

Did you notice the application that are running on boot. Find the ones that you don't need and disable them

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14032-hdd-hitting-100-usage-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 41.71%

For all of you wondering about the new CPUs from Intel, looks like they're fro real. Here is an example of the 860 hitting 5Ghz! Looks like it's some real competition for the 920!

The Gigabyte P55-UD4P thread - Overclockers Forums

I have the same setup as this guy, although my cooling and RAM probably isn't as good. This is amazing!

Here is a well known benchmark site. Not much is beating the 860. (only 965 and 975)
You're getting quite a bit for the $$$$$ !!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/overclocked_cpus.html

A:New Core i7 860 hitting 5Ghz

FYI - just took the i7 860 to 4.0Ghz with a slight bump in core voltage and RAM and the rest on "normal"

This may turn out to be a 920 killer. If you want to spend more $$ you can get better with the 965 or 975 but for 1/3 the price and almost the same performance....you guys thinking about upgrading the 1366 should start doing some reading.

This 1156 socket will do anything from $200(i5 750) budget gaming to extreme performance. (i7 860 or i7 870)

Until something else comes out, the i7 860 is the one to beat for price to performance.

4Ghz with almost no effort (stable with prime 95 for 2 hours)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25565-new-core-i7-860-hitting-5ghz.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok I ve got problems here and I ve researched them both extensively to no avail I have and use Adaware SE Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition Spybot Search and on end Problems, 2 Hitting a dead both Destroy and Hijack This all of which are completely up to date and find no problems when I run them I check for updates for Adaware and Symantec daily I have Windows XP Pro with every update installed with firewall on I am also always connected to my dorm network at school and they re pretty good about notifying people of viruses or other problems on the network All those programs tell me my computer is perfectly CLEAN Ok st problem seems to have subsided recently About a week ago every time I turned on my computer and signed into windows I got an error message saying quot C WINDOWS 2 Problems, Hitting a dead end on both system services exe was terminated unexpectedly 2 Problems, Hitting a dead end on both with status code The system will now shut down and restart Authorized by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM I would let it restart but before signing into windows I would restart it in safemode and then restart in normal mode which would work I ve been told this sounds like either the Sasser worm or the Blaster worm but I haven t been able to detect either of those or anything else using numerous removal tools and Symantec Anti-Virus It seems like this has gone away however but it worries me that something might be in my computer still nd Problem For the past couple weeks every time I would turn on my computer and ever so often when just using my computer a quot new hardware detected quot icon would flash in the system tray in the lower right corner of the screen This happened all the time but I though nothing of it because it didn t affect my use of my computer But the other day I restarted the computer and a message popped up saying quot Windows Product Activation Since Windows was first activated on this computer the hardware on the computer has changed significantly Due to these changes Windows must be reactivated within days quot I have not installed any new hardware within the past year my computer is about a year and months old and the only hardware I ve installed PCI slot cards were installed within the first months of me owning the computer I was wondering if and how I can find where these new hardware notices have come from and how I can stop them Any advice or help with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated -Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

thermal shutdown occurd message starting time

A:over hitting thermal shutdown occ

Hi @ajeet-kumar,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the computer over heating. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Here is a general document to Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/over-hitting-thermal-shutdown-occ/td-p/5606490
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I recently had to buy a new laptop because my old one had a bunch of issues.

It is a Dell, and the wireless card is a 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

When I do a speed test, I am hitting about 30-35Mbps. My Internet connection has max speeds of 100Mbps, and on my work laptop I can get around 95Mbps wirelessly.

I thought with the /n they could hit speeds higher than 100Mbps? Are there settings I can try changing on the laptop to get my wireless speeds faster, or could it be that the card Dell included just isn't powerful enough to get these speeds?

I don't want to mess with the hardware too much since this was the cause of most problems on my old laptop, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions to try.

Thanks in advance,

A:Wireless speed not hitting max

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site.

If you show the following we may see some clues as to if and how throughput can be improved.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-speed-not-hitting-max.1112495/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all just registered for some help I have a laptop I got about months ago An HP Pavillion dv Intel centrino duo ghz processor gigs of ram running windows vista I just don t think this laptop should be anywhere near the mark makes no sense I will have a firefox open aim and windows live messenger and its spiking like im running video games at once I figured Hijackthis might help solve the problem so here is the logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT 100% hitting Usage CPU is Laptop Help, MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant Help, Laptop CPU Usage is hitting 100% WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome Help, Laptop CPU Usage is hitting 100% ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files WebcamMax WebcamMax exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix S... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-cpu-usage-is-hitting-100.760478/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have one computer that I have connected to the internet through a External Cable Modem. I am trying to connect through that computer via crossover. Both Computers have XP installed I'm trying to connect without a router

Relevancy 41.28%

Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened.

It opens iTunes, Firefox and Windows Help and Support.

I tried consulting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/, and went into msconfig, disabled all the services, but it still is giving me the same problem.

A:Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened

Quote:

Originally Posted by corke

Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened.

It opens iTunes, Firefox and Windows Help and Support.

I tried consulting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/, and went into msconfig, disabled all the services, but it still is giving me the same problem.

I have same problem; did you get a solution??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hitting-the-w-key-launches-programs-that-i-dont-want-opened-446867.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Pings hitting tried everything any suggestions about every - minutes my pings jump from about ms to over ms which slows down my entire system sometimes for minutes at a Few Pings Hitting Minutes Every 45,000ms time Tried everything I can think of Anyone here of this before Any suggestions I am losing my mind with this everything closed removed from starting virus scans run all non essentials services that I could figure out myself are stopped increased ram from gig to gigs Pings Hitting 45,000ms Every Few Minutes restored system rebooted everything in every possable order Have run dif virus scanners adaware spybot S amp D also just fyi was in IT for years up till about years ago so not a noob much Here's my DSS Hijackthis log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by AC on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Adobe Reader - - UTC - RP - Installed FriendFinder Messenger v - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Media Format Runtime - - UTC - RP - Installed Modem Helper-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as AC exe --------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings AC Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE G YJOT R dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK AC exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF FA -C - CE-BF - AA A - http w s work sure com c ge w sgeen exeO - DPF C AA- E F- C -A B - DBDAD Scanner SysScanner - http i dell com images global js scanner SysProExe cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com windowsupd b --End of file - bytes-- File Associations ----------------------------------------------------------- cpl - cplfile - shell cplopen command - rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLL quot quot cpl - cplfile - shell runas command - rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLLAsUser quot quot -- Drivers -Boot -System -Auto -Demand -Disabled ---------------------S cer... Read more

A:Pings Hitting 45,000ms Every Few Minutes

also ran kaspersky, it didnt find anything so no log generated.

Thanks for you help in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155195/pings-hitting-45000ms-every-few-minutes/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All

I am a first time user, and looking for help, my problem is this:

Boot up laptop ok, logon to user ok, do any task with the mouse pointer but as soon as I hit the <Return key> the computer freezes! it also happens if I left click into a Google search bar! Any idea's would be most appreciated>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hitting-return-key-freezes-laptop.620317/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys I rarely reach out for help on forums like this when I have computer problems since I mostly manage to fix it myself but with this one I'm hitting a dead and and I really need some help of guys who know more about it urlmon.dll, hitting with Problem a end! dead than I do A few weeks ago I started getting error messages whenever I booted up my pc or when I tried to run a program I don't think it happened after I installed something It just kinda appeared I'm not sure what the English text is but the Problem with urlmon.dll, hitting a dead end! error constantly says that there's a problem with C WINDOWS SYSTEM urlmon dll Roughly translated it says that it's not suitable for Windows or that it contains an error Error code xc f This thing causes a lot of stuff to become unusable Here's the list of affected applications so far - A ton of Modern apps Mail IE Calendar etc - Flash player in Firefox - Internet Explorer desktop Launches but refuses to show anything other than a blank screen - OneDrive both app and Explorer integration - Windows Update - A lot of programs like uTorrent or VLC display the error message when launched but run fine afterwards - A lot of other stuff I have forgotten about Mostly when I have a serious problem like this I'd simply do a System Restore but apparently Windows needs the urlmon dll file to do so It keeps saying there are some files missing My guess is that they're talking about urlmon dll So in short I have to fix urlmon dll but I can't do so by doing a Sytem Restore or Windows Update because the system needs that file to do those things I'm stuck in a loop here Can one of you guys pinpoint what the exact problem is here so I can fix it I've been trying a lot of different stuff that's described here http pcsupport about com od findbyerrormessage a urlmon-dll-not-found-missing-error htm but nothing seems to be working so far Thanks a lot in advance I really appreciate it Please let me know if you need more information or context I'm running Windows bit on a custom made desktop

A:Problem with urlmon.dll, hitting a dead end!

Try uninstalling the KB2879017 update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549190/problem-with-urlmondll-hitting-a-dead-end/
Relevancy 41.28%

Lately I have been noticing that my computer started shutting down by itself alot I didnt know what the problem was and i kept using it Now it shuts off more then ever when I start up some processes which put a big load on the cpu I downloaded a few programs and all of them showed that my CPU temp reaches on all four cores and since it reaches the tjmax comp shuts down I let my comp cool and now i started it again and the idle cpu temp is in high s and so I am wondering what is the problem is my cpu dead I used it for more than a year i have the stock heatsink and I know for sure there was that thermal compound applied however that silver thing is called So if anyone knows what might be wrong with it please let hitting any CPU Core i7 920 100C, tips? me kno Thank you processor i ghz ram gb ddr graphics geforce gtx nbsp

A:Core i7 920 CPU hitting 100C, any tips?

The first thing I would check is whether or not the cpu cooler fan is running. If it is, I would recommend removing the stock cooler and reapplying thermal compound, you will need to clean both the cpu plate and bottom of the cooler first. I've always had good luck with Tuniq thermal paste, but any brand name thermal paste should work.

If those temperature readings are correct you really don't want to run the system for any extended period of time (especially under load) until you resolve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-920-cpu-hitting-100c-any-tips.163776/