Windows Support Forum

Removing admin tools and command prompt from terminal session

Q: Removing admin tools and command prompt from terminal session

Is there a way to remove administrative tools and command prompt from a windows 2003 server lock down terminal session?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Removing admin tools and command prompt from terminal session

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.42%

I am wondering if there is a solution to my problem other than reformatting my computer. I am on Windows 2000 and when I try to access my command prompt it says Access denied to the specified device, path or filename. The message comes up when I try to access just about everything in my administrative tools as well. I have to admit I don't have a firewall but I do have an antivirus. Trust me I will get a firewall after this but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to how I can fix this.

Relevancy 82.99%

I need to execute the command prompt as admin. When I try to do it the command prompt window doesn't open and there are no errors. If I run the command prompt without admin privs it works, but I then can't do what I need to do in the admin window.

Can someone help me to understand why this is failing and how I can get it to work. This is a potentially massive issue for me.

Note: I am running Windows 8.1.

A:Cannot run command prompt as admin

How do you try to open it ?
Relevancy 82.99%

Everytime I try to use the above command, the console box vanishes within a second.

I have also tried to install chrome, the console opens and closes winthin a second, hence not able to read any nessages.

I have full administrator right.
No viruses

A:Command prompt (Admin)

You open an Administrative command prompt by using Win+x or right clicking the Windows 8 logo on the taskbar and selecting it.
Relevancy 82.13%

I am unable to open Command Prompt (Admin). I get the following error: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Perhaps .... ". Does anyone have a solution for this.

A:Command Prompt Admin not opening

This issue is something I?ve only seen when a program or virus managed to corrupt the .exe association in registry causing the user unable to run any programs.
If you have solved this issue on XP the items a bit different on Windows 7. It turns out to be a corrupted .exe association and the reason those steps I taken didn?t work is because the Windows Vista registry location for exe association is different from XP. Obviously using the XP fix cannot work on Vista!
When you have a corrupted exe association, you definitely cannot use any registry editor to fix it because it is impossible to run it in the first place. So here are a few methods you can try:
1. Open the command prompt. Make sure to run it as ?Administrator?. Run command prompt and type assoc.exe=exefile (If you get access denied error, try step 2). If you want to run a file as administrator right click a shortcut to the program and select ?Run as Administrator?. This will normally fix the corrupt exe

2. Download this file called ?Vista-7-fixexe.txt and rename it to ?Vista-7-fixexe.reg?. Some security software will not let you download registry files. If you open the file it?s contents should look like this:
3. Open command prompt and type the following command REG IMPORT vista-7-fixexe.reg. Make sure you?ve already CD to the directory where the .reg file is. (If you have problems getting this to work, try step 4)
4. Download the compiled version of the registry file above and run it.
5. Microsoft Fix It has an automated way to fixing the exe association problem. Simply download this MicrosoftFixit50194.msi file and run it.

Windows Drivers
Relevancy 81.27%

how do i change this i am the admin and i am on the admin account

A:[SOLVED] command prompt has been disabled by your admin
Relevancy 79.55%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey all,

Been quite a while since I've posted here, but an odd problem has come up for me. Overall Windows 8 has been great and problem-free, but I'm stuck on this one.

For some reason, when I open the Run box, it says "This task will be created with administrative privileges" as if I had UAC turned off. But, I don't have UAC off (I have it on default).

The other thing, related to Revo Uninstaller, is, when I open Command Prompt in Admin mode, the default folder is set to Revo Uninstaller's program folder. And again, no UAC prompt when opening in admin mode either.

Here are some screenshots if I was hard to understand, lol.

What I am trying to understand is why UAC has suddenly been acting as if it's turned off (when it isn't) and admin command prompt opens in that folder.

Thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it !

A:Admin Command Prompt opens in Revo Uninstaller folder

Lol, being the dumb person that I am, this problem was fixed simply by rebooting my computer. Thanks for the help anyways ! I know this is how all of you must feel right now :
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello  i watched a video on youtube on how to find and delete malware/viruses through the command prompt.  they say to to to the c:\ directory and type in attrib and when the files show up to look for any files that have the extension of .inf or .exe and to delete those because those shouldnt belong in the C:\ directory. When i did mine i came up with what is shown in the attached thumbnail.
should i delete the C:\install.exe and the C:\install.ini  ?

A:removing virus with command prompt

Hello,Following this advice without knowing what these files actually are, is a very bad idea. If you think your computer is infected, please let me know what problems you are encountering so we can have a look at it.
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm looking for a solution to remove m. office 2013 product key with command prompt.

Is there any code for this?

ps: I know there are other ways but I want to make a batch file with it.

A:Removing Office Key with Command Prompt.

You can add a new key. It replaces the old one and requires activation.

:: new key
cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /inpkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
:: activation
cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /act
Relevancy 77.4%

The instructions are below I get as far as the third line which reads Type cd quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX quot and press files command 8.0 Removing registered using the prompt. Acrobat Enter It responds quot path not found quot I paste in Removing registered Acrobat 8.0 files using the command prompt. this entire line letter for letter cd quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX quot Is that not right Thank you Ed Acrobat Removing registered Acrobat 8.0 files using the command prompt. registers a numerous files with the operating system during the installation These files must be removed in order to successfully remove the application Registered files can be removed from the operating system with the shell is not running Press Control-Alt-Delete and choose Task Manager On the Processes tab select explorer exe and choose End Process items on your desktop disappear Important The Task Manager should remain open during this process Click Yes in the warning box Choose File gt New Task Under Open type cmd and Removing registered Acrobat 8.0 files using the command prompt. click OK Minimize the Task Manager Type cd quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX quot and press Enter Type del AcroIEHelper dll and press Enter Type del AcroPDF dll and press Enter Type del pdfshell dll and press Enter Type exit and press Enter Maximize the Task Manager In Task Manager choose File gt New Task Type explorer exe and click OK Your desktop reappears Exit the Task Manage

A:Removing registered Acrobat 8.0 files using the command prompt.

Welcome to Seven Forums edwardshaw. Perhaps the instructions were for 32 bit OS? Try the same command for Program Files (x86)

Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX" and press Enter.

I don't use adobe, so unsure if the files exist in both Common Files folders in Program Files , and Program Files (x86)

A Guy
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there, spreading this a little wider to see whether anyone else has experienced the same issue and whether anyone has found a workaround. Disabled strong security on the cert works around the issue as the prompt will not occur without strong security
Summary of issue:
When using Internet Explorer 11 on 2012 R2 with RDS or Citrix
and "Enable Strong Security" is set on a Personal Certificate, the prompt to ALLOW or DON'T ALLOW the application (in this case IE11) to access the certificate appears in another users session.
Others have highlighted the same issue:
Greg99 details the steps in this post with screenshots:

Relevancy 73.1%

I have a utility I run on some customers machines that requires being run from safe mode I already have the utility automated via batch and would like to just run one SFX app and move on to the next machine knowing that this app will reboot the machine into safe mode w command prompt run my mode from Boot command prompt, prompt. to with safe command utility and reboot the machine back into normal mode the standard shutdown -r -t is easy enough but there Boot to safe mode with command prompt, from command prompt. are no modal options Also if this can be done how would I then make sure that the current user logs in automatically rather than have safe mode stop at the log-in screen The utility in question is a simple quot Common Software Package quot which includes some software such as Reader and Flash Some of the software included cannot be installed while an antivirus is running at least any that have tamper-protection due to the registry editing involved but are completely positive in nature one such software package simply checks the current registry vs a backup it takes on each shutdown to look for any discrepancies adjusted for installed software of course The packages do not require Windows Installer service to be running so I have found SM w CP to be the best option Any help with this would be appreciated
Relevancy 70.09%

not sure if this is the most appropriate forum I have not cross-posted I must be quot missing something quot very fundamental I cannot seem to get my thin client session not establish to Server Can Terminal terminals to establish a session on a Terminal Server and there are no error messages I am assuming that once logged on to my domain that the clients should be recognized by the server and I should see something other Can not establish session to Terminal Server than the desktop and menus and icons and system tray etc that I get if I log on as a local user at the client box I am under the impression that in the thin-client terminal server environment the client logs into the domain and the server recognizes the client and through the server s voodoo it allows the client to access programs installed on the terminal server via main menu items desktop icons etc Shouldn t the client quot inherit quot the appearance of the server s desktop Or at least the client inherits menu items of those applications installed on the server as shared New Dell server Win R w sp new clean factory install DHCP DNS ICS set up and working Terminal Server installed application server mode Terminal Server License Server service installed amp started though not activated yet Wyse GXL XPe - based thin clients diskless used but newly re-flashed Clients are configured as AD domain members and are authenticated correctly though a very very long log-on wait typically - min Permissions are set so that once logged on my test user can in fact establish a quot traditional quot Remote Desktop for administration connection correct user group and associated policies permissions etc seem to be OK When I log on whether locally to to thin client box or as a member of the domain all I get is the same desktop Using the TS Licensing manager TS Configuration and TS Manager there is no indication at all that the client is communicating with the server - no client machine or logged on user appears anywhere in the management tools What am I missing I ve read reams of documentation FAQs help files and on-line forums but nothing quot clicks quot as having missed somthing really basic nbsp

A:Can not establish session to Terminal Server

It seems there wasn't a problem after all, only a mis-conception on my part as to what should be occuring. The thin clients will not "automagically" connect and begin a session without further configuration. The "normal" sequence of events is to launch a "Remote Desktop" session on the thin client to establish a connection with the Terminal Server. Once connected, those applications installed on the Terminal Server for use via terminal services are shown on the thin client menu.

I incorrectly thought that Remote Desktop is/was purely a management tool/session used to access a server from a workstation (and I do it daily at work). I unerstand now that it is also the "gateway" to the Terminal Server and it's services.
Relevancy 70.09%

Linux has the Program
which makes a typescript of a terminal session.

A:How can I print a typescript of a terminal session?

Isn't Linux's Terminal window about the same as the Windows Command Prompt window? Many of the DOS Commands work in Command Prompt window, usually typing the command followed by a space and /? will give directions such as dir /? to get the switches one can use with the command. A redirection can be made to create a text file in the Folder the Command Prompt is in such as dir /o/s>dir.txt will list all the files and subFolders and send the information to the dir.txt file in that Folder.
Relevancy 69.23%

While accessing a remote server in terminal session, how to send ctrl alt del for locking it or changing password? Would appreciate help.

Relevancy 69.23%

My users are using thin client devices and connect to a database via a terminal server. Using a group policy, the desktop has been locked down so they cannot access things that they should not be accessing. However, I have noticed that if these users press the windows key + E, then this fires up "My Computer" and drives are available to them. Although, I have locked permission to these drives, I do not want them see My Computer in the first place.

Does anyone know where this can be disabled?
Relevancy 69.23%

Is there a way to use dual monitor while in remote session on Windows Terminal server connection? I know that you can only mid size the remote session monitor (RDP) while having the local seesion on the other monitor.

I would like to split the remote session view.

Are there 3rd party alternatives?

A:Dual Monitor on Terminal server session

do you have a dual head video card?
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi All,

Just wondering if RDP is the same thing as Terminal Session?

I'm want to know because i havent seen RDP link you back to locally attached printers or shared drives.

Any help would be great. thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

This problem has been bothering me for months, every so often client session hangs for about 10 seconds. If you using the mouse it just freezes and if your typing it will stop and continue after the pause. I've tried changing some settings like maximum throughput for network apps and changing application performance to none. But that didn't affect it. Has anyone else run into this problem?

A:{Resolved} - NT Terminal Server client session pausing

They just posted a knowledge base article to reference this problem.

The Knowledge Base Article for Microsoft is Q250042 Performance Issue and Delay in Keyboard Input. My experience throughout the TS world is a lot of TS administrators have run into this problem. Microsoft has a hotfix for this problem which will be run tonight. And is supposed to be fixed with the release of SP 6 for TS, which will not be released soon. I hope this helps alot of you out there.

[Message from Reuel: Just making the Knowledge base article a hyperlink to the article. Thanks for telling us about it]

[This message has been edited by Reuel Miller (edited 03-02-2000).]
Relevancy 65.79%

I just finished disinfecting my computer and correcting some resulting problems with the assistance of the "Am I Infected Forum" here: At least 3 problems remain and the person helping me there suggested that someone here might know of a fix. The System Tools in start-all programs-accessories is empty and the Administrative Tools linked to from Control Panel is missing Computer Management.I found that I could get to Computer Management, though, typing compmgmt.msc in the run box.As far as I know it may be missing something else.It only shows Component Services,Data Sources, Event Viewer, Performance Monitor and Services. Also System Restore failed even after I tried it with about 5 different restore points. I say at least 3 because these are just the 3 I'm aware of, there may be others.

A:System Tools Empty and Admin Tools Missing Item

Extract it,using

COpy the contents of administrative tools to

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

You can use this tool to recreate your admin tools
copy the contents of system tools to

%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

If you're missing whole ACCESSORIES folder then use this tool

Good luck
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok So I got myself into a unique bind here. I was trying to install some custom system files (for a theme) and I did it wrong and now I cant open explorer.exe . I dont want to goto a backup because this is a easy fix. (in my view). So I need to know how to run command prompt with administrative privleges from command prompt.

I am trying to do this command:

copy explorer.exe C:\Windows\

So if there is also another command I can just tack onto that that gives me admin rights to do it. I would be happy.

A:Run administrative command prompt from command prompt

On a friend's computer that also has win 7 64 bit installed, make a system Repair CD.

Boot from the system repair CD

go to a command prompt.

START | type System Repair | Enter key | Create Disc button

1) Insert System Repair Disc into optical reader.
2) Shutdown your computer.
3) Boot up your computer from the System Repair Disc
If your computer doesn’t boot from the optical drive, then
Immediately after pushing your Power ON button,
start tapping the F2 key to get to the BIOS to change the boot order

On some computers, Immediately after pushing the Power ON button, start tapping the F12 key and choose CD/DVD to change the boot order only for this time.
4) Wait while a mini-version of Windows is loaded and finally the SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS dialog appears.
will search your system for installed versions of Windows.
7) select the Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows radio button |
8) Choose command prompt from the list shown

Run any desired commands and type EXIT when finished.
Remove the System Repair Disc.
Shutdown your computer.
Power on your computer.
Relevancy 64.93%

I am writing a VBA macro in Excel and have hit a wall I am trying to get excel to open a command prompt and make it execute a command The problem I am having is if I try to do anything but open another program it throws an error back at me I can open the command prompt using Code Call Shell quot cmd exe that VBA command Macro Prompt the executes Solved: and a opens Command quot amp dosCmd vbNormalFocus I can also open Acrobat Solved: VBA Macro that opens the Command Prompt and executes a command which is the program I need using Code Shell quot C program files adobe acrobat acrobat acrobat exe quot vbNormalFocus However if I simply wanted to open a PDF file I have the code to that without opening a command prompt I need to open the PDF document on a specific page and to my knowledge the only way to do this apart from manually is to use the command prompt However I have no idea how to get VBA to put the command in the command prompt hit enter and then close the prompt There are commands that need to be executed in DOS I m not sure if there is a way to combine the commands They are Code cd c program files adobe acrobat acrobat and Code start acrobat exe A quot page Open Actions quot quot M Full Scores allegro pdf These open the pdf document called allegro on page I am completely stuck Out of ideas I ve searched the length and breadth of the internet and can find nothing to point me in the right direction So I was hoping one of you fine people could Thank you so much James nbsp

A:Solved: VBA Macro that opens the Command Prompt and executes a command
Relevancy 64.5%

Upgraded Windows 8.1 on IE 11 to Windows 10. Using Windows Edge browser to launch Juniper Networks to connect to Terminal Services session.  However this presents with an error "Please wait...

Launching Terminal Services Session. This may take from a few seconds to a couple of minutes, depending on your bandwidth."
and nothing happens.  Can anyone advise what is stopping this from launching as this was working prior to upgrade.
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I'm trying to split a flv file by using flvparse which is a Windows-only command-line interface tool I did get through to the directory by following instructions posted on another forum however command prompt doesn't seem to recognize the the exe file I'm an absolute novice at this any help would be really appreciated Attaching a CP s s and here are the instructions I'm trying to follow copy pasted to Command the doesnt Prompt line!! seem recognize command from the forum FLVPARSER For trimming the beginning and or ending of videos you can use FLVParser http dev avacast com FLVparser zip FLVParser is a Windows-only command-line interface tool After you unzip it move its folder to C for ease of use Also for ease of use copy move the flv file Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! you wish to edit into the FLVParse folder Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! To make edits you need to know the in and out points where you want the edits Use FLVPlayer to find these points FLVPLayer only lists times in total number of seconds not HH MM SS but don't worry FLVParser can handle that In the FLVParse directory create a new blank text file called CuePointFile dat This is the file FLVParser uses to edit from Open it in NotePad and enter the in point and out point separated by a single blank space like so Save and close Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!! the file Open up the command line interface and go to the FLVParse directory cd C FLVParse In the command line enter this to edit the flv flvparse exe FileToSplit flv CuePointFile dat Your file will be split into THREE files FileToSplit flv contains from the beginning of your file up to the in point FileToSplit flv contains from the in point up to the out point FileToSplit flv contains from the out point to the end of the file Obviously you can discard the quot quot and quot quot versions of the file You can open the quot quot version in FLVPlayer to check it edited correctly Thank you so very much Pranjali

A:Command Prompt doesnt seem to recognize the command line!!

You are using the basic cmd, try in elevated mode
Elevated Command Prompt - Windows 7 Forums

However looking at you screen shot, you may have to check the command over carefully. There does appear to be an error in the command. With my eyes, it is difficult at times to pick out the subtle shades of difference.
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone

Recently a problem has arisen with my system.

Previously I have been doing work that requires me to unplug my network connection and I need to check my IP address each time I plug it in again. I guess it's not set for static IP.
Anyways to do this I usually go into Command Prompt and type 'ipconfig'

Now however I just get "'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

The directory is the same as its always been, I can change it but it doesn't seem to matter what it is.

I've checked many other posts and is there something possibly wrong with my PATH variable? I used the command 'echo %PATH%' and it works, the list it gives is very garbled however.

I'm not sure what might have made this problem arise, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

A:Solved: Command Prompt Error - 'command' is not recognized...
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All,

I'm running a program that parses .csv files and then changes them into ._OK files. This process takes longer when there are a large number of *.OK files in the folder where the files being converted are located. To remedy this I occasionally manually run this command:

del *._OK
While pointing at the proper folder.

Is there a way to have this command continuously run, kind of like out ping -t [IP ADDRESS HERE] continuously pings a certain IP address?

A:Command Prompt: Repeat del command continuosly

I'm running a program that parses .csv files and then changes them into ._OK files.

I take it then the conversion program will not accept an output folder other than the current or working directory? More detail what you actually do with the output files might be helpful.
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys.

Ive been trying to figure out how to make a command prompt run a command line as soon as the box comes up.

I need this to happen all from one command line. A command prompt needs to open with "echo hi" being ran as a command line.

Any ideas?

A:Make a command prompt run a command as soon as it opens?

Hello Fmjc001,

You could create a BAT file for this. Just type in the commands into a TXT file, then rename the file extension to BAT. When you run the BAT file it will run the commands in a command prompt automatically.

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys,
Earlier my internet was being slow so I went to do a ping test and CMD proceeded to tell me that it didn't reconize the command. I have done countless pings before and this was weird. If i run CMD from the run bar by typing in its Dir then i can run ping and all the other commands or if i change the dir to sytem32 and run the command it works as well. I'm thinking that the paths for the cmd files have somehow gotten messed with and I'm not really sure how to change those so any advice on how to correct those paths would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Command prompt won't execute commands from cmd or command

If you go Start - type cmd then right click on cmd to select Run as administrator you can run a system file check with the cmd sfc /scannow

With Win 7 you don't need to use the Run box.
Relevancy 63.21%

I have Windows XP (cmd.exe, MS-DOS Command Prompt Solved: Problem on my computer and when I try to ping something through the command prompt command com this shows up C WINDOWS system command com The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction CS f IP c OP c f a Choose Close to terminate the application Running tracert also has Solved: MS-DOS Command Prompt Problem (cmd.exe, the same problem If I try running ping or tracert through cmd exe it stalls and doesn t do anything I have to close the program because it doesn t respond I can use ipconfig Solved: MS-DOS Command Prompt Problem (cmd.exe, in both cmd exe and command com Do I have a virus on my computer or is there a way Solved: MS-DOS Command Prompt Problem (cmd.exe, to repair the command prompt I ve attached a HijackThis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ltmsg exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C PROGRA Comcast COMCAS data xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files SightSpeed SightSpeed exe C Palm hotsync exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Philips SPC NC PC Camera TrayMin exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files aim anotify exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software ... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

when I open up my command prompt and type 'ipconfig' without the ' and press enter it returns the line:
'ipconfig' is nto recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file

I am trying to find out the information I need in order to set up a static IP Address for port forwarding

A:Command Prompt command <ipconfig> not working

In order to set up a static ip address internally, you'll need to either tell your router or your computer not to use automatic DHCP and instead to use a specific IP address.

Go to the System Tray (Notification Area)
Click the Network icon
Click 'Open Network and Sharing Center'
Click the 'Change adapter settings'

Selec the connnection for which you'd like to use a static IP
Right click it
Click 'Properties'
Select 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)'

Select 'Use the following IP address':

In the 'IP Address' field, insert the IP you'd like to use.

Note: The IP you use must be within the router's list of acceptable IP addresses. It's usually a list between to

If you're trying to set up an external static ip you'll need to pay your isp extra for one.
Relevancy 62.78%

Does anyone know if there is a windows version yakuake, the drop down terminal for linux. Take a look at this pic.

I saw this one tutorial that looked alright
HTML Code:,-Quake-style-command-prompt-for-Window/
. I know nothing about windows hotkeys so its pretty hard for me to use. Any suggestions?

A:Drop Down Command Terminal

Did you try the install package mentioned in the comments?

RapidShare: console.exe
Relevancy 61.92%

Hopefully someone can assist I have a user who has been set up to access an application through a terminal server She is in the same group s as everyone else so the permissions are the same When she logs into the terminal server launches Won't Unless Server Terminal OCX Admin on Register the application and then attempts to enter data she receives the following error frmBOL GridSetup - Component Grid OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid I attempted to register the OCX but the user wasn t an admin on the server I made her an admin logged off and back on and then properly registered the file Tested and it worked Logged out as user removed admin privileges for her OCX Won't Register Unless Admin on Terminal Server and logged her back in but then she received the same error - OCX not correctly registered Any thoughts The part that s puzzling to me is that her perms should be no different than anyone else I ve removed and readded her blown away the profile but no luck The only solution is to set her as an admin which to me is not truly a solution It s definitely not something I want to do Thanks in advance Mike nbsp
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi got BSOD when I want to loading my saved session in pro tools 10.3.7.

Here my minidump from bluescreenview

Dump File : 100113-20202-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2013-10-01 23:32:28
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c5
Parameter 1 : fffff802`00000001
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff800`032089bc
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75b80
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18229 (win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75b80
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\100113-20202-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 292*992
Dump File Time : 2013-10-01 23:34:18
Please help me.

A:BSOD loading session in pro tools 10.3.7, error 0x000000c5

Welcome to the Forum.

Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Wed Oct 2 03:32:28.430 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:40:18.616
BugCheck C5, {fffff80200000001, 2, 0, fffff800032089bc}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+100 )
Norton is a very frequent cause of BSOD's. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7

DAEMON Tools Lite "d:\programy\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun Kompiutor\Tomek HKU\S-1-5-21-1928837462-2173985278-3035484289-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Daemon Tools (also Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although we have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). Please uninstall Daemon Tools. DuplexSecure - FAQ
As an alternative: We recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop and uninstall the software below:

GPCIDrv64.sys Thu Jul 10 18:58:31 2008 (48760777)
Gigabyte Easy boost related driver
Driver Reference Table - GPCIDrv64.sys

NTIOLib_X64.sys Mon Oct 5 07:28:48 2009 (4AC94BD0)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5
Driver Reference Table - NTIOLib_X64.sys
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Let us know the results.
Relevancy 61.06%

When I type:
start funny picture.jpg
in the command prompt it says cannot find file 'funny' If I say:
start "funny picture.jpg"
it only opens another command prompt with funny picture.jpg as the window's title.

How can I open a file with a space in the name?

A:Command Prompt - start command help?

Welcome to TSF.

Type the command as follows:

Start "" "Funny Picture.jpg"

The first set of quotes ("") sets the title (for the window, this is what the start command expects for quotes normally), then the second set around the file name allows the space.

Relevancy 61.06%

ok here is what i am trying to do i have software called btprox which lets me lock my computer when my phone goes out of range of my desktop using bluetooth. what i want it to do though, is when i come back to my desktop i want it to unlock automatically instead of just having to put my password in. (i know im lazy but really i just want to do it cause i think its cool) now this software lets you pick programs to run instead of the lock command and stuff. what i want to know is, is there a login command for the command prompt? cause then i could just set it to run a batch file when i come in range and it will log me in.

A:command prompt logon command?

Hi -

The Task Scheduler may be of some help -->

I would urge caution in 3rd party software designed to circumvent Windows 7 security and power functions. You may come home sometime and find yourself locked out of your system and a reinstall of the OS to be the only viable option.

Good Luck to you.

Regards. . .

Relevancy 61.06%

My PC has been acting up recently It's been running slower than usual my games that I play are randomly crashing and there are a couple of really random events happening Command Prompt is missing from Start Menu quot Run quot command is missing from Start Menu Internet Explorer Others Command Run Missing Prompt, and Command, missing from Missing Command Prompt, Run Command, and Others Start Menu and every time it is opened it pops up with the window that asks you to set Missing Command Prompt, Run Command, and Others up IE the one that Missing Command Prompt, Run Command, and Others is supposed to open the very first time you start IE Mozilla Firefox asks me to make it my quot default brower quot to which I click yes every time I open it Some programs will not install correctly I am running Kaspersky Internet Security It has popped up saying that it has detected trojans but blocked their access and has no trace of them inside the application as in there are no logs stating which ones it blocked so I can't share those with you Any ideas as to what is going on I also ran Webroot System Analyzer and that came up clean but there is obviously something going on with the symptoms listed above Can anyone help me out I attached a logfile of a Hijack This scan in case that helps SYSTEM SPECS Intel Core i Gb DDR Mhz Corsair Dominator RAM x Tb HDDs Gb SSD x EVGA GTX FTW Editons Windows Ultimate

A:Missing Command Prompt, Run Command, and Others

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.
Relevancy 61.06%

Need to give admin rights to session exe so that this exe can create new files and registry i have used the below code to launch an application in session ex abc exe from session give exe 1 Need to to admin rights session ex Myapp exe I wish to give admin priveleges to abc exe as this exe in-turn creates a file in C But its failing to create a new file in C as it is returning an ACCESS DENIED Error as it doesnt have the admin rights Code void ExecuteProc DWORD sessionId HANDLE hToken hProcess hPToken hUserTokenDup HDESK hdesk NULL HWINSTA hwinsta NULL hwinstaSave NULL PROCESS INFORMATION pi PSID pSid NULL STARTUPINFO si BOOL bResult FALSE sessionId WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId BOOL bQuery false bQuery WTSQueryUserToken sessionId amp hToken DWORD dwErr Initialize the STARTUPINFO structure Specify that the process runs in the interactive desktop ZeroMemory amp si sizeof STARTUPINFO si cb sizeof STARTUPINFO si lpDesktop TEXT quot winsta default quot TOKEN PRIVILEGES tp LUID luid if LookupPrivilegeValue NULL SE DEBUG NAME amp luid printf quot Lookup Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError tp PrivilegeCount tp Privileges Luid luid tp Privileges Attributes SE PRIVILEGE ENABLED DuplicateTokenEx hToken MAXIMUM ALLOWED NULL SecurityIdentification TokenPrimary amp hUserTokenDup int dup GetLastError Adjust Token privilege SetTokenInformation hUserTokenDup TokenSessionId void sessionId sizeof DWORD if AdjustTokenPrivileges hUserTokenDup FALSE amp tp sizeof TOKEN PRIVILEGES PTOKEN PRIVILEGES NULL NULL int abc GetLastError printf quot Adjust Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError if GetLastError ERROR NOT ALL ASSIGNED printf quot Token does not have the provilege n quot Launch the process in the client's logon session wchar t lpCommandLine L quot C abc exe quot bResult CreateProcessAsUser hUserTokenDup client's access token NULL file to execute lpCommandLine command line NULL pointer to process SECURITY ATTRIBUTES NULL pointer to thread SECURITY ATTRIBUTES FALSE handles are not inheritable NORMAL PRIORITY CLASS CREATE NEW CONSOLE creation flags NULL pointer to new environment block NULL name of current directory Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe amp si pointer to STARTUPINFO structure amp pi receives information about new process CloseHandle hProcess CloseHandle hUserTokenDup CloseHandle hPToken int tmain int Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe argc TCHAR argv DWORD sessionId ExecuteProc sessionId return NOTE abc exe tries to create a new file in C but it failed to do so as it require admin rights please give your valuabe inputs thanks Praveen

A:Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe

I think this will help:

Run as AdministratorRight-click on the exe in Windows Explorer, go to Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox at the bottom that says "Run this program as an administrator".
Click OK, then try running it. It should bring up the UAC prompt.
Hope that helps a bit, at least...
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently while installing Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server I have been losing my administrator shares. I.E. c$, D$, ADMIN$, etc. I haven't noticed at what point this happens, but I think it might be the stage where I set system policies for terminal users. How can I get the shares back. Particularly the ADMIN$ share, as this one is reserved and does not allow me to recreate it. I really do not want to start over with this install for the third time!

Relevancy 60.2%

I want to hide this. I'm running a python progam (if that matters) and it always has that open on my taskbar. I want to hide it. I don't care where it goes or how much time it takes, I just want to hide it. So I never have to deal with it. Maybe make it a system process or something? I don't know.
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Everybody I don't know if this is a real issue or just one of those quot What the quot situations You judge Situation I was working on a batch file that combines two txt ASCII files created in Notepad to "Copy" generates in artifact? command prompt command 0x1a create a composite file and I noticed something really interesting And yes when someone talks about doing something and the result is quot really interesting quot it's time to duck and hunt cover Viz Assume that there are two text files quot This txt quot and quot That txt quot and they contain the text quot This "Copy" command in command prompt generates 0x1a artifact? cr-lf quot and quot That cr-lf quot where cr-lf is used to indicate "Copy" command in command prompt generates 0x1a artifact? a newline generated by hitting the quot Enter Return quot key on the keyboard If you look at the files with a hex editor what you see is something like this The file quot This txt quot contains the text quot This quot followed by x D A which are the ascii codes for CR and LF The file quot That txt quot contains the text quot That quot followed by the same CR and LF characters Note that these two files contain nothing else Issue I discovered When I execute the command copy y quot This txt quot quot That txt quot quot This amp That txt quot I do not get the simple concatenation of the two files which is what I would expect Instead I get the two files concatenated including the trailing CR LF's as I would expect but also one additional character the hex character for a right-arrow symbol - x A In essence I get the following This x D A That x D A A If I perform the same copy and signal that the copy is an quot ascii quot copy copy a y I get the exact same result including the trailing x A If and only if I signal the copy as a quot binary quot copy copy b y do I get the two files copied together without the trailing x A I have absolutely no idea what is going on here or why this happens I have tested it on two different machines one running Win bit Professional on a domain and another system running Win bit Home Premium on a Toshiba laptop I am attaching two ZIP archives The first titled quot this amp that zip quot contains the three files This txt That txt and the batch file quot this amp that bat quot that performs the three copy operations noted above The second titled quot this amp that results zip quot has the three output files quot this amp that txt quot quot this amp that ascii txt quot and quot this amp that binary txt quot I am also including two screen snips showing the ascii and hex results for the quot this amp that txt quot file You can open the three result files in either a hex editor or notepad to see what I see If you use a hex editor you will see the trailing x A on the first two files If you open them in Notepad you will see a small right-arrow character at the very bottom of the first two files I do not know if this is a quot bug quot or a quot feature quot as I would expect either a quot simple quot copy or especially an ASCII copy to not generate spurious artifacts If someone could help me understand what is happening here and even better why it's happening this way I would gratefully appreciate it Thanks again for all your help Jim JR

A:"Copy" command in command prompt generates 0x1a artifact?

I was trying to remember from my DOS days but drew a blank. A Google Search brought up a possible solution:
ms dos - In MS DOS copying several files to one file - Stack Overflow
Relevancy 58.48%

After looking through microsofts list of cmd tools I realized that I don't have several of them.
I have xp home edition sp3 .I'm guessing that not all the tools are included in the home edition.If that is true does anyone know where I would be able to download the ones that my
OS does not have.I have double checked my i386 files on the install disc and found nothing there that I do not already have.

A:Solved: Cmd prompt tools

Which "tools" are you loiking for?
Relevancy 58.48%

Everytime I start the pc (Win XP), I get a PC TOOL Firewall pop up headed; ' Services & Controller App is attempting to load driver Mp Ksl35b9f655'
I always choose ALLOW although I dont get the option to 'Remember' the choice as it is greyed out.

Does anyone know what this is? I wondered if it was anything to do with my anti virus which is Microsoft Security Essentials, and I did get the pop up after MSS updated.
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so every time I try to open the command prompt using an external source (batch file, small c++ program i made to say Hi to me through the command prompt) it instantly closes. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and if so how can I fix it?

A:Command Prompt

hi and welcome,
maybe your script error?
and for what you have to make like that???
Relevancy 57.19%

In Command Prompt what do I type in at the blinking dash?

Go here; Command-line reference A-Z
Relevancy 57.19%

Was reading the tutorial on tracing a hacker and followed the steps for using netstat but then I realized that I cant access my ipconfig using command prompt. I can access it using network settings. I even tried using the run command to access netstat a but to no avail. Whenever I type ipconfig and press enter nuttin happens.
thankx again for your help.

Relevancy 57.19%

What is the cause of the problem, whenever i use the command prompt my pc is automatically shutting down. what are the possible remedy for this problem?

A:command prompt

whenever you use the command prompt or whenever you try and open the command prompt? because you could be clicking a dodgey shortcut... or you could have had your cmd.exe replaced.

Can you actually open the command prompt?
what command is it you try to run?

Relevancy 57.19%

I have looked at the command prompt tutorial on this site, But when I enter dir than press enter I get an error message, (windows cannot find this file make sure you typed It correctly). I followed directions, Any ideas?

Go to Start>Run and type cmd and press Enter. Type dir and press Enter and it should come up
Relevancy 57.19%

I would like to be able to use 'command' more effectively.

I have tried typing Help, and help before a file name and /? after the name, but these don't work.

How can I get more advice from the system?

A:Command Prompt Help

Open the Command Prompt window

in the window, type 'help' (without the quotes)
it will list many of the commands available.
if you then type the command, followed by /? it will give the options for the command

results in ...

C:\Windows\system32>verify /?
Tells cmd.exe whether to verify that your files are written correctly to a
Type VERIFY without a parameter to display the current VERIFY setting.
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm trying to create something that will execute a file which has a spacebar in it:
C:\New folder\Microsoft OneNote.docx

It says "cannot find C:\New folder\Microsoft"
Please check if its there (or something like that)

How do i make things run when the filename has a space in it?

A:Command Prompt Help!

In command prompt if a file has a space in it you have to put it in inverted commas.
So if you wanted to run the file above you would type:

"C:\New folder\Microsoft OneNote.docx"
(with the inverted commas "")

The reasoning behind this is that in the command prompt you can run files with options.
Eg the copy command has

copy source destination
where source and destination are options.

Therefore when running a file or program with a space the command prompt is not going to know if you are trying to run one file/program or a file/program with options?
Eg in your case:
1. Is the file called "Microsoft OneNote.docx"? or
2. Is the file called "Microsoft" with options "OneNote.docx"?
Relevancy 57.19%

I don't know how to get a command prompt at startup and once I get the command prompt I need to know how to disable drivers.
Any suggestions?

A:how do I get a command prompt

Why/how would you use a command prompt to disable drivers?
Relevancy 57.19%

im CERTAIN that i used to be able to go to Start, Run, Command Prompt and type in "Ping" and the system would send a ping out to check the path to and back from that URL...when i type in "Ping.....(anything)" now, i get "PING is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."i get the same when i try IPCONFIGdid i screw something up somehow or was i dreaming about being able to do this?thanks

If you can do a chkdsk /r (or repair of you windows as its called)

that is bootup with the XP installation cd and choose repair it will send you to the console and there you type chkdsk /r , windows will the check every file and see if something is corroped and replace it with the standard version.

Doing a windows update after this can be a smart move too.

This shouldent take to long.
Ping will ping the url yes if you want a more accurent trace of the packet then do a tracert and you get a roadmap :D
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. I'm new to using command prompt so I would also like to see a source. Mainly I want to know how I can send a message through command prompt to another computer on my network. All I have is a computer name.

Thanks for any help

Vista doesn't seem to have the net send command. But it looks like there is a work around to this.

You might be able to use this as well on Vista.
Relevancy 57.19%

hey guys, just a quick question, how do you IM from command prompt? I've heard of it, and tried one method, but it didn't work. i used:

net send <IP address here> message here

it may be wrong, but ive read that's how to do it. i tried it with a friend last night, but nothing worked. it just said it couldn't find the file.

A:how do you IM from command prompt?

Originally Posted by Wii Master 64

hey guys, just a quick question, how do you IM from command prompt? I've heard of it, and tried one method, but it didn't work. i used:

net send <IP address here> message here

it may be wrong, but ive read that's how to do it. i tried it with a friend last night, but nothing worked. it just said it couldn't find the file.

Either of you guys have a firewall or router between you?

Relevancy 57.19%

How do I enter folder names that have spaces in them in a Win2K command prompt? (a move command, for instance).

Use quotes. "folder name"
Relevancy 57.19%

I just tryed to use cmd as usual but it seems that I can't explore an other HDD than C:

It bugs me I don't understand why i'm the only user on my computer and I am admin on it I at home so it should work but when I type "cd d:" I get that :

anyone has solved this problem ?

A:command prompt bug ?

At a command prompt the command "D:" [ENTER] is used to switch to the D: drive, not "CD D:". "CD \abc" [ENTER] is used to change to the \abc directory from the current directory of the current drive.
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm not really sure whats wrong but i'm on windows 8 and when ever I try to open the command prompt it can't find it and gives me an error. Also when i try to open .bat files it doesn't know what to open them with and I think this is related? 

A:Can't use command prompt

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members. What is the error when you try to open cmd?
Relevancy 57.19%

I am having trouble opening command prompt, I have tried everything but every time I open it, it says "Another Program is currently using it". It always does this I restart my computer and it still says that. I am the admin on the computer. If anyone could help me it would be great.

A:help with command prompt.

hardware> CASE MOD> .....command prompt???
Relevancy 57.19%

When I try to access a file through cmd.exe I get the message 'Program too big to fit in memory' what should I do to solve this problem

Scan your pc with your antivirus program
Relevancy 57.19%

Question: What commands could I run in the command prompt during the system recovery? I try & run say "fixmbr" but it doesn't work. Say if I want to write a new master boot record how would I do that?

A:How to fix MBR through command prompt?

These were commands used for vista, but should still hold true for W7. I've just never needed to use them yet......knock on wood

after selecting repair>cmd prompt, enter:
BootRec.exe /fixmbr

you can also substitue the /fixmbr with thes commands:

/FixBoot. Writes a boot sector onto the system partition to start Windows

/ScanOs. Scans all disks for Windows installations and displays them to you.

/RebuildBcd. Scans all disks for Windows installations and prompts you to pick the ones you want to add to the BCD.

Also checkout the Seven Forums Tutorials:-
Startup Repair
MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record
Bootmgr is missing - Fix
Bootrec.exe Tool - How to Use in Windows Recovery Environment
Relevancy 57.19%

You can do almost ANYTHING by using Command Prompt.

Research on the internet about the Net commands.

You can buy books about the Command Prompt and Commands for it.
Relevancy 57.19%

What is the proper way to open and delete a program using command prompt?Thanks.

Delete a program??

May I ask why you are not using Add/Remove?
And if that isn't possible, just Exploerer?
Relevancy 57.19%

I tried to enable CMD prompt and its not working, how can this be?

i looked up how, and it didnt work . . .
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Command Processor
Edit the CompletionChar value, and set the value of REG_DWORD to 1.

it was already @ 1, and i still cant access CMD prompt

what am i missing? or is it just my computer

Hi and welcome. Are you trying to access it via start, run, cmd?
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey I am doing a project in school using the command prompt and I need to know how I can open a saved picture from my documents folder. I made a menu and it shows 5 categories. If you hit one and enter it goes to the first menu kinda thing. So when you hit 5 I want it to show a pic and then once they hit any key to continue and press 6 its exits... which i understand how to do... I am stuck witht he pic thing tho!!!!
Also if anyone knows how to find the correct driver for wireless... My comp is an IBM R51.... thanks a bunch
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a friend who uses Wordstar, a DOS based wordprocessor. Currently he is using Windows '98 that has the ability to boot up in DOS(command Prompt) to access his wordprocessor, AND if he wants to open Windows for Internet access, he can by typing "WIN".

Is a similar booting ability possible in XP ? If 'yes', how ?

I have tried his dos based Wordstar programme on my computer using XP in the "command prompt" mode, and it works OK.

Now is it possible to boot up direct into "command prompt" direct without going through the Windows start up routine ?

I realise that in the "command prompt" mode some of the old DOS commands are absent, but in my eyes it is DOS in new cloths with a few omissions.

Your help please.

Relevancy 57.19%

Computer crash and I can't get into command prompt to do anythin please help (I have my XP disk) when I turn pc on all it gives me is memory test ex cant do anything but go into set up or without going into setup takes me to page with all the:- safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, start window normally, but ever one takes me to blank page

If your XP disk is a retail disk give this a try.
Boot up and go into setup and change the boot order to allow the cd to boot first.
Then reboot.
You should the be able to press F8 and get to a command prompt from there.
NOTE: I only mention retail cd because I dont have much experience with system maker provided CDs but it should still work.

If that doesnt work post back as there are a couple of other things that can be done but I dont want to cause confusion.
Also in your next post please try to explain exactly what happened when the computer crashed.
Relevancy 57.19%

hello all i have a problem with command prompt and since i am using xp pro i figured this is the appropriatte In Please Pro With Xp Prompt Help Command place for the question i am using xp pro with sp i am tryin to change the directory where command prompt initially opens in from start programs accessories command Please Help With Command Prompt In Xp Pro prompt i open command prompt and it seems my target is my computer desktop my start in is D john and both lines are not changeable lighter txt than other lines and when i click command prompt like this it opens then closes but if i go to start run cmd command prompt stays open but the directory is C Documents and settings Administrator i would like it to read this if its possible without changing the directory every single time if its Please Help With Command Prompt In Xp Pro possible C john- -multipatch john i use to be able to change the path of where command Please Help With Command Prompt In Xp Pro prompt opens by changing the target and start in boxes in the properties of command prompt from accessories but seems i can not do that now any help or advise would be greatly appreciatted i am not very good at command prompt as it is but i use command prompt every day in the path i typed above just continuosly changing the path eachtime becomes very annoying plz any advise for me thank you very much tattoozz the cmd prompt newbie

A:Please Help With Command Prompt In Xp Pro

This link may be of help. It requires registry editing.
Relevancy 57.19%

I am wanting to learn to use the Command prompt, my first lesson stopped with the following;I know I did something wrong, . . but I don't know what is was ?

The command tells Windows to change directory to C:\Windows\Windows\system32\drivers.Since it can't find the path, it means that one of the sub folders isn't present, that's why it gives out this error.You are already here - C:\Windows. This means that the folder C:\Windows is present.Based on your screenshot, our next step would be to verify if there's another folder named Windows in the C:\Windows folder.To test it, try this command:C:\Windows>cd WindowsIf it gives out an error, that means that C:\Windows\Windows folder doesn't exist, which would explain why you can't change directory to C:\Windows\Windows\system32\drivers folder.
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, so i'm new, like realllly new to using the command prompt and i want someone to start from the very basics on how to use it and the commands please and thanks you.

Oh, and i don't know if it matters but i have windows vista home premium

A:Help with command prompt?

Out of curiosity, why are using the command prompt? Unless you are trying to use some pretty obscure commands, there is almost no reason to use it. I used to use the command prompt in Windows 3.0 when Windows existed within DOS. By the time Windows 98 came about, I stopped using it so I can't be much help with many of the commands.
Relevancy 57.19%

Is there any way I can use ssh or something similar to enter command line prompts from my Mac terminal, similar to SSH but windows commands? (From mac to a windows 7 desktop)

A:SSH command prompt

There are many SSH server for windows. A quick Google will bring them up.
Relevancy 57.19%

I decided to run System File Checker in Windows XP but it would not accept sfc /scannow. So just to see whats going on I ran scandisk on C drive. After Windows booted I then wasn't even able to get the Command Prompt to come up.
Help! What's going on?

A:No Command Prompt !!!

How are you trying to get a command prompt?

Go to start and run cmd.exe

If it is not found, or does not open do a full drive search for cmd.exe and see if it will open by double clicking it where you find it.

And what do you mean XP would not accept the command:

sfc /scannow

Does the file sfc.exe exist in c:\windows\system32 or any place else?

Did chkdsk (not scandisk) report any errors fixed? look for chkdsk.log on the root drive.
Relevancy 57.19%

The lab computers has come under virus attack due to which the 'cmd' prompt has been disabled.
Now , when I m using 'command' prompt, its truncating the long pathnames due to which getting a lot of errors.
We cant do much like installing antivirus ,or OS on the lab computers.
So, is there any way to get out of this mess using 'command' prompt or any other ?
Thank you.
Relevancy 57.19%

Is it possible to boot up to the command prompt in XP like in win98? TIA

Start | run
Type in cmd

alternatively reboot computer, Press F8 at reboot
Choose the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi can you help me, No matter which way i try the cmd prompt window will not stay open. I type in ???? ect press ok, window appears for about 2 secs the dissapears. Running xp pro with all updates and service packs. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 57.19%

for me to run a ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew i have to do it under administrator command prompt why? if i don't i get this the requested operation requires elevation.
thank you i have vista premium home

A:command prompt help

Start the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges (Run as
Administrator). Right click on the Command Prompt shortcut to see the option.

At the very top of the Command Prompt window you will see
"Administrator: Command Prompt" when cmd is run as adminsitrator, if it doesn't have administrative privileges you will see: "C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe"
Relevancy 57.19%

what is a command prompt? is it "run"?what is it basically?i try to drag the batchfile that is linked' and it doesn't do i create a chat batch file?

A:what is a command prompt?

Command Prompt is similar to DOS. To get to it in XP, click Start > All Programs > Accessories, & then click Command Prompt. Type in your command after the prompt & press ENTER.
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey anyone know how to get to command prompt? This has to be before the Win XP scandisc because after it, keyboard doesnt work and mouse doesnt work. Pretty sure it will work it dos as it works in winxp installation.

Please don't double post the same problem, it will throw people all off and take longer to get the information your after.

There is no dos mode in XP prior to loading XP, you can however boot from any win98 bootdisk to test your keyboard. Or put the XP disk in and select Console Recovery Mode, its the closest thing to a true dos mode XP offers.

If you want to try safe-mode, just Hit F8 right after your bios info until you get a menu of choices.

Thread continues here:

Relevancy 57.19%

Anyone know about command prompt?

I mean its function other than those shown in the black screen when i type "help". Is there anymore usage of command prompt?

Command prompt and batch files quite same. AM i right?

A:Command prompt

I assume that you mean Windows command prompt here? In that case, this thread should be moved.

You can run any programs from command prompt, not only the builtin ones. You can also to basic programming like variables, loops, conditionals and branching. The main power of CMD is the ability to run programs easily with command line parameters. This gives you huge flexibility and automation capabilities.

Yes, a batch file is basically a script for the command interpreter. The rules are slightly different though - a batch file pasted into the CMD window may not workand vice versa.
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Netbee,

A exhaustive tutorial on the use of all commands may be a little difficult to come across. If you're new to using the command line, I would recommend giving this article a read.

Alternatively, technet contains a rather impressive list of command line commands sorted into alphabetical. I always found that picking one, and typing it into Google in a phrase such as "how to use *command*" was rather useful. This list can be found here.
Relevancy 57.19%

About a week or so ago my computer started this annoying little thing with its command prompt. If two or more users are logged on (using or not) the CP will pop up every few seconds really fast, but does not stay up long enough to read.

So, I did several scans and registry cleanings. But the problem was not solved. Then I went back to when the computer was not doing this and still didn't solve it. So I figured maybe one of the user accounts were bad and still it did not solve the issue. The only way I've figured out how to get rid of this issue -temporarily- is by restarting the system.

The system runs fine like nothing is wrong minus the annoying pop ups.

A:Command prompt

Try to run it as an adminstrator and the close it and then reboot and see what happens.
Elevated Command Prompt
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I am pretty much a novice, but here we go.
I can't bring up my command prompt, even if I try to 'Run as Administrator'.

I have AVG Free & Spybot, they arent finding anything, not sure what to do now.
I included my hijackthis log, I assume this helps in some way. Thanks a lot folks.

A:Cannot Use Command Prompt

So you are able to find the cmd.exe file?
If not got to C:\Windows\System32 and look for it there.

If you have found the file, then please describe more about what happens when you try to run it.
If you try to run it and nothing happens have a look in task manager under the processes tab to see if it is there.

Relevancy 57.19%

hey guys when i open command prompt it sais D:\ documents and setting i have typed in C: and it changes it but when i close down the command prompt and i open it agian it sais D:\ documents and setting i was woundering if i can make it C: permenatly

A:Command Prompt Help Plz

An excellent source of info about the command prompt:
Relevancy 57.19%

Currently when I go into the command prompt program into XP. My path is set at " C:\Documents and Settings\edward> ".
I want to change it to " C:\ " so when I type the command "dir" it gives me all the files and folders on the C: drive. I'm not only looking to change to path name but the files also have to correspond with the folder as well.

How would I go about doing this

the command "cd...." without quotes
Relevancy 57.19%

How to set up a batch file to open a command prompt opened in folder c:\home automatically when logging in?

Create a Shortcut on your Desktop to CMD.EXE.
Right Click the Shortcut and select properties.
Select the Shortcut tab
Type in the path you want in the "Start in" box.
click OK
Drag the shortcut to your startup folder.
Relevancy 57.19%

to begin you will need to run command prompt as administrator.      HOW DO i DO THIS!!!!!!!!
C:\windows\diagnostics\systems\networking   0x80070426
Need to get rid of this thing?
To fix, you will  need to run a command prompt as administrator start>all programs>Accessories>Command prompt (right click on run as administrator)     HOW CAN I DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now using my wife's computer as it is necessary to use something since mine is down and out.

Pictures might help.
or even a video
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all
I did not know where to put this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place..

I typed this command into vista's command prompt(in admin mode) and it was assigned it a "job" number:
"at 01.30 shutdown -h"

I tried typing it with different "at" times, but it just keeps assigning it a new "job" number. I just hit "job" number 3.

It says exactly this:
"Added a new job with job ID = 3"

Does anyone know what "job" this is or how to get rid of them?

A:Help with job ID's in command prompt

Hi linjes,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

I'm not 100% certain, but it sounds like you created a new job (or three) in task scheduler. That's where I'd check first for these "jobs". Go to Start and in the search box type Task Scheduler and then double-click on the program icon that appears to open Task Scheduler.

Once open, check to see all the jobs/tasks that are presently scheduled - I'll bet you find several (probably 3) involving shutdown at various times (the ones you created). From there you can decide to modify them, delete them, disable them, or whatever you think is best. Although this tutorial is for creating tasks, if you "read between the lines" you can use it to modify a task or delete one: Task Scheduler - Create Task.

If you can't find the "job" there, download Autoruns Autoruns for Windows and install and run it and go to the Everything Tab. Check each entry looking for the jobs you created (they may be listed by job number or they may be a bit harder to identify). If you find them, then uncheck the boxes to remove them from startup and the jobs will not be scheduled and should not run.

I hope this helps. If not, post back and we'll look deeper into where those "jobs" may be located and how to remove them. Are they actually running on your system and shutting down the computer when you specified or what is actually occurring? How has what you've done affected how the computer operates, if you've noticed any changes at all?

Good luck!
Relevancy 57.19%

This might seem a daft question, but how do I use command prompt?

I know its Start - Run but what do I do next?

I have been told to put cmd netcfg-e-u ms_sstminiport in Run but do I have to type cmd or is it cmd: or do I simply not put cmd in at all?

A:How Do I Use Command Prompt?

Hi, in the run box type in cmd.
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm having trouble when I try to run netstat lately. I'm trying to check out the connections to my computer. I got information on using it from one of the tutorials here called "Tracking a Hacker. It used to work fine but now when I try it , it only stays onscreen for about a second. Has anyone else had this happen or does anyone know how to correct the problem.
Thanks for any help.

I just had it happen , trying to run it using the Start/Run sequence.

My cure is to not try to run it using the RUN command. Start/Run...type cmd, the enter the netstat command after the command prompt screen appears.

If you already opened the command prompt screen...I would guess that your system partition may need to have chkdsk /r run, then defragged. My experience is that Windows acts funny when files are tremendously out of order.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all i need you help me a thing

I went to use autosave all text on command prompt (CMD), how can i do or use what command prompt cade for mark it autosave when i used command prompt.

Example :

Color 0a

%echo KHC_Office_Manager
%echo KHC_Office_Buying

color 1a

what i need is autosave to my desktop is Ping today.txt

Thank All

You can try this and see if it works and does what you want:

Color 0a

%echo KHC_Office_Manager > "Desktop\Ping today.txt"
Ping >> "Desktop\Ping today.txt"
%echo KHC_Office_Buying >> "Desktop\Ping today.txt"
Ping >> "Desktop\Ping today.txt"

color 1a

Relevancy 57.19%

hi i am trying to execute the command C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\home\iroffer1.3.b10>iroffer.exe -b

the only command and prompts i can find begin C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents>
which i cant edit....

How can i create a new command and prompt for
C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\home\iroffer1.3.b10>iroffer.exe -b

can any 1 help would be greatfully appreciated been working on this for days

thx guys

A:command and prompt help plz

what do you mean you can't edit the prompt? You mean the working path of the prompt?
try typing cd.. (Change Directory) from your working path "C:\Documents and Settings\me" to go back one directory to "C:\Documents and Settings\" and then type cd home to get into the other directory, "C:\Documents and Settings\home"

Or you can download Microsoft's Open Command Window here , which allows you to right click on a folder and choose to open a command prompt with that folder's working path already inputed
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Anyone,

Just that question there, how do you merge 2 partitions using command prompt?

You can use fdisk - but that'll delete everything on the partitions (because you'll have to delete the partitions and create new one's)