Windows Support Forum

Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Q: Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-audio-video-cables-quality-matter-much.104072/
Relevancy 70.52%

Since installing Windows 8, the audio quality in any MP4 files is distorted and echoes.

This happens regardless of what player I use to view them (You Tube, iTunes, Media Player). If I play a professional video in You Tube it is OK.

All other types of video are fine and all other sound output is fine.

If I transfer the same video to my HTC phone the sound quality is normal.

Can anyone help please????

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/14227-poor-quality-audio-mp4-videos.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.

A:Poor audio/video quality

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.I can understand your stress when things stop working as they should.I would like to offer you some assistance with your computer problem, but to make my job easier I would need to know some information about your computer.So introduce us please.Computer make and model number please.Video card and sound card information would be helpful as well.As much as I'd say your video may be an over heating problem, its not common for sound cards to act up, but just the same I have to ask when is the last time you performed any internal computer house keeping?If its been a while, I would suggest you open that computer up if it is a desktop type and inspect cooling fans and heat sinks for dust build up.If we're dealing with a laptop, those can still accumulate dust build up, a can of compressed air will sometimes do the trick with blowing out laptop computers.If you need further instructions please ask, help is a key stroke away.Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338280/poor-audiovideo-quality/
Relevancy 69.66%

Checking my audio quality levels, I noticed my default setting was 24bit 48000hz (studio quality.) Is that a setting I should continue using?

The only sound output device i'm using are only a pair of Skullcandy ear phones, in-regards to that i'm assuming such a level isn't needed for playback.

So can anyone recommend me a level I should use that will be the most appropriate for my earphones?

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
-Arcturus Fyr

A:The audio quality I need for video and game playback.

That's very dificult to say, it depends on to many factors. From how sensitive your ears are to how detailed sound in games is. It could be different in different games. Best thing is to keep lowering until it's unsatisfactory for you. I don't think it matters a lot to game's performance, if that's what concerns you. Those settings for sound are all "up to", if something is recorded in low format, no settings in reproduction are going to make it better.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/47360-audio-quality-i-need-video-game-playback.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have alot of mp4 music videos that I would like to convert to wav or flac. Can anyone recommend the best software for doing this on windows 8?

A:Best video to high quality audio converter

For free software try this (Format Factory 3.0.1) it dose almost every format.
Download link FormatFactory - CNET Download.com

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16618-best-video-high-quality-audio-converter.html
Relevancy 66.65%

A question for you audiophiles. I want to connect my sound card to my receiver so I can get my computer's audio through home theatre speakers. I also want to convert my remaining cassette tapes to digital. The RCA to 3.5 mm jack cables come in a huge variety of prices, from a couple bucks for el cheapos to a small fortune for Monster cables to somewhere in between for mid-priced ones. I'm wondering just how much difference there will be in sound quality, considering what I want to use them for. And how important is gold plating? Thanks.

A:RCA cables: sound quality vs. price

There is a huge variety in the quality of cables and plugs. I always go for Oxygen free copper cables and gold plated plugs. The difference in sound quality between good and bad cables can be pretty big. Go for name brands such as audioquest, belkin or pudney.

I use a X-Fi Elite Pro in one of my PCs and 2 E-mu 1212m's in my other 2 PCs. The sound quality of the X-Fi going through my Linn Pre-power amps and Linn speakers compares pretty well to my much more expensive main stereo.

Hope this helps

Macrog

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rca-cables-sound-quality-vs-price.38711/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

I'm having problems with my the graphics card on my laptop. It's an APU and I have picture and videos problems. Whenever I watch movies or look at pictures I see most things fuzzy, (if that makes any sense). I tried to watch a DVD and the video quality was unbearable. The most unbelievable thing is it affects picture quality. I can't do anything without poor quality pictures or videos. I have tried installing new drivers and all sorts of things. Is it me or is it my laptop?

My Laptop Specs:

AMD A6 Quad Core APU 1.5Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
6GB DDR3 Memory 1066Mhz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

A:Graphics Card Picture Quality and Video Quality

Quote: Originally Posted by MarshCaptain

Hello,

I'm having problems with my the graphics card on my laptop. It's an APU and I have picture and videos problems. Whenever I watch movies or look at pictures I see most things fuzzy, (if that makes any sense). I tried to watch a DVD and the video quality was unbearable. The most unbelievable thing is it affects picture quality. I can't do anything without poor quality pictures or videos. I have tried installing new drivers and all sorts of things. Is it me or is it my laptop?

As you supply no technical information, it's hard to guess.

Is the laptop display running at its native resolution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/247430-graphics-card-picture-quality-video-quality.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there the newer smart phones have nice powerful processors in them so I was wondering if the DAC Digital Analog converters in these are as good as the ones in a typical LAPTOP computer set up -- bog standard on board sound from a laptop computer -- not high end specialized studio stuff etc My Galaxy audio audio PC vs phone Quality Smart LAPTOP standard of III S phone can play FLAC files and plugging the output into Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio a DECENT set of speakers appears to me to be just as good if not better than the same sound played from the computer - a relatively decent laptop computer Sony VAIO VPCEH with Intel I processor I tested this by connecting the phone DIRECTLY to the pre-amp with the music Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio on the phone's micro sdhc card Had I done it via the USB then that might Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio have needed another DAC conversion so the test cases wouldn't have been the same I use a phone app WINAMP PRO just like the PC version so I can use Folders directories to play the music and it can play FLAC too -- a lot of music phone apps lack this facility which is a shame I like also the quot play by folders quot too -- as I have a lot of Audio books -- saves endless tagging and creating playlists albums --Just point winamp to the directory or file and play it I find also streaming music from the phone to the receiver device seems to work better than messing around with pc software too -- especially on a laptop Another app here -- OrangeSqueeze in conjunction with SQUEEZEPLAYER -does the job of the logitech squeeze server on the laptop The phone will stream music from a Network or any acessible drive to the player device s -- no prob but use the Wifi on the phone --not the DATA content from the phone company otherwise your Bank balance will diminish faster than Spain's Economy Anybody else finding these sorts of apps are replacing similar laptop stuff note high end gear and computers are a different ballgame I used to be very sceptical of smartphones --even have some posts on the forum saying I'd never buy them -- however I have to eat my own words -- the latest crop with the latest Android version are incredibly useful now and possibilities seem quite exciting with what you can do with them Seems to me that we don't need to do much Multi-media streaming from W in the future as your phone will handle it Perhaps Ms is getting this right by gradually withdrawing a lot of multimedia in the standard version of W cheers jimbo

A:Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio

I have a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and a new iPad3, but I would never consider them my "primary" audio playback devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235293-quality-smart-phone-audio-vs-standard-laptop-pc-audio.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm at my wits end - it didn't take long!

Fixing up an old Intel 845EPT2 for a neighbor. I did a Reinstall of XP, installed all Drivers straight off the Intel Website, and no matter what, there's no Audio.

"No Device Installed" even though the Soundmax appears in System / Devices.

I have double checked Audio is enabled in the BIOS.

I even threw in an old Soundblaster Live!, turned off Audio in the BIOS, installed Drivers and it did the same thing.

I'm running an SFC / SCANNOW .

The weird thing is that it had Audio before {along with a million viruses, which is why I re-installed}

Any ideas, except a litre of Petrol and a Lighter?

A:Can't get Audio no matter what

uninstall all your drivers in device manager, go to your C drive and program files, make sure all files related to the drivers, software is deleted, also, do a add remove any software that may use those same sound drivers that you previously uninstalled. turn off machine, take your card out, if you're using onboard, disable in bios, start up, let windows load, if its a sound card installed in a pci slot a "new hardware" window should pop up, install drivers through that dialog box. If its an onboard sound device just simple restart after windows has started up and recognized no sound devices or drivers installed, go back to bios, enable sound, start up, reinstall drivers and software....I hope this helps as I just had this problem last night and had to figure out how to fix it, GL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-audio-no-matter-what.80215/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Bought a new Behringer mixer with a USB output Plugged it in and as always happens I get this message This happened before with a Logitech headset Logitech s tech support was of zero help as per usual No matter how many times what do. USB Audio matter I no CODEC No I search for this driver no matter how many times CNET and Microsoft and Behringer point me to things to download and I run them whatever the hell this thing is will not install Now I m not asking it to run some alien software or something some guy made in his basement in Omaha This is all stuff from reputable sources and whatever the hell this thing is will not install no matter what I do No matter how many times I run setup No matter how many times I search for this one seemingly small thing it s not happening Sound goes into and presumably out of the mixer but not into the computer which was the whole point of buying a mixer with a USB output I am beyond frustrated I No USB Audio CODEC no matter what I do. simply cannot understand how manufacturers can make something that will not work I m running Windows -bit on an Acer that I bought months ago If there s anybody who has any idea how to put a solution in No USB Audio CODEC no matter what I do. fairly plain English I d be greatly appreciative

A:No USB Audio CODEC no matter what I do.

Tried plugging it into different USB ports, no dice. Tried running the supposed driver program that is on the CD that came with the mixer.Now, you'd expect something that said it was the Behringer audio driver to actually be the correct driver, yes? Yet I've run it now three times, rebooted every time, and every time I get With these details:So it's all ready to use! Except for the freaking driver. Which is no small detail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346947/no-usb-audio-codec-no-matter-what-i-do/
Relevancy 55.9%

Alright guys my problem is simple I can t record any audio coming from my laptop whether it be a song playing in iTunes or streaming from a website I ve tried using Cool Edit Audacity Kristal and some MP WMA Recording program and whenever I press the Record button in these programs I just hear a fuzzing noise and nothing records I ve got a Dell Inspiron laptop and it uses SigmaTel audio device The device is slightly out of date my current one is like and the new one is or what!!! - record no from audio laptop matter Cannot something I can t remember exactly but anyway when I downloaded the new driver to try and update it I got an error message saying quot Device Object Not Present quot then it said to restart system and try setup again or something I googled this error but nothing really helped So I figured I d try rolling back the driver to see if anything happened but Windows said there were no previous drivers or models to Cannot record audio from laptop - no matter what!!! roll back to - screwed there as well I ve read help guides for Audacity that say to record audio from the computer you just have to select quot Wave Out quot or quot Stereo Mix quot from the Mixer Toolbar but my only options in the Toolbar are quot Line In quot and quot Microphone quot The funny thing is my sound works perfectly well I can hear everything that I play and I even ran a Diagnostics check F from boot to check the audio and I heard everything that it tested Interestingly however in my audio programs such as Cool Edit and Audacity there is an alternative device There of course is SigmaTel Audio as that is the one my laptop uses but there is a device called quot MME Microsoft Sound Mapper - Output quot in Audacity and quot Wave Mapper quot in the Wave Out section tab in Cool Edit Device Properties I m unsure as to whether I m supposed to have these alternatives I m mainly just confused as to why the hell I can t record audio from my laptop that s all I want to do And the fuzzing noise that starts whenever I press the Record button in any of my programs is really unnerving Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated - I don t want to have to reinstall my O S Anyway if you need any additional System Information I will post from dxdiag or something Cheers sorry that I rambled on Andy nbsp

A:Cannot record audio from laptop - no matter what!!!

Sigmatel audio cards have weird problems getting recorders to work on them. The reliable solution I have found is a piece of freeware called Freecorder. It installs a browser toolbar which has record and stop buttons. Just play whatever you want and press record, then when you are done, press stop. Freecorder will record all sounds coming out of the speaker of your computer and will split it up into multiple pieces based on pauses in the sound (so if you are streaming multiple songs from a site, you will get the songs individually broken up instead of one massive MP3).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-record-audio-from-laptop-no-matter-what.800258/
Relevancy 55.9%

Anyone know where to plug these in on an Asus P5K-VM board?

Ground
L-out, L-Ret
R-out, R-Ret
Mic in
Mic Power

Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Many motherboards like mine have built in sound others cables to soundcard audio CD have soundcards Also nowdays a lot of people have or more CDRom type devices Usually there is only one place on the motherboard to hook a CDRom s audio cable to the sound system If a person has more than one CD device then one of them is not able to be hooked up I have CD dvices I patched three cables together CD to soundcard audio cables that funnel their audio input into the one plug to the motherboard I am wondering if CD to soundcard audio cables I am risking the safety of any part of my system by doing this I thought about installing a diode on each lead to make sure sound current could only go one way So far it seems to work just fine as long as I only use audio in one device at a time By the way where does the pronged quot digital quot cable hook I see an outlet for it on the drives but have never seen where on the board to hook it Where do people usually use this nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I've put in a new sound card which has no CD audio input. Does anyone know of CD player software which uses the digital audio as input rather than the usual little cable?

A:Do CD players require audio cables?

I think Windows media Player 7 does,...well mine does anyway. The Creative media player that came bundled with my soundblaster live won't. The cdplayer must be high quality to efficently extract digital audio. I once had a generic cdrom that stumbled all over digital audio but played ok with a cable hooked up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-cd-players-require-audio-cables.39675/
Relevancy 54.61%

This is the motherboard

ASRock > Products > P5B-DE

A:Do the PC case cables like HD audio or USB work on every motherboard?

Yep.
It has to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239155-do-pc-case-cables-like-hd-audio-usb-work-every-motherboard.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 53.75%

seriously be honest, the price difference between different companies' video cards is incredible. is there really a difference in performance? for example, at newegg powercolor's radeon x800xt pci-e card is 685. however gigabyte's card is only 525. ive seen asus's card as much as 699. ati's runs around 550-600. does it really matter? if so what do u suggest be the board i chose? (in general, not necessarily for this specific card)

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Well here's the deal My year old - quot LG LCD Flatron W T is pretty much FUBAR I'm planning to get a new monitor in a couple hours Preferably a quot or above LED - maybe a Samsung LG or any suggestions recommendations brand wise Now since I'm going to get a new monitor DDR3, you a matter it card? Does etc video use if DDR2, i decided to get a new graphic card as well My current card is an old NVIDIA GeForce GT MB DDR Before i continue let me mention that my motherboard is Gigabyte G M-Combo I could use both DDR and DDR memory RAM but Does it matter if you use a DDR2, DDR3, etc video card? I'm uncertain about graphic card -part questionAs i understand my current graphic card is a DDR Does it matter if you use a DDR or DDR video card Or the DDR etc plays a factor and i can't use anything other than a DDR If i could use any card DDR etc which brand model should i go for only select the list posted below please - You don't have to be specific if you don't want to a simple answer such as 'You should always go for -i e Asus-' would be good as well As I'm on a budget i could only get one of the following Asus ENGT Silent GB DDR Asus EAH EAH Silent GB DDR MSI N GT GB DDR LProfile Palit GF GB DDR PCIE Palit GT GB DDR B TC Sapphire HD GB DDR Sapphire HD GB DDR PCIE XFX GT GB DDR XFX HD GB DDR EVGA GT GB DDR Thank you for your time and patience It's truly appreciated Cheers Dan

A:Does it matter if you use a DDR2, DDR3, etc video card?

The short answer is always opt for the faster components in your system, within your budget.
DDR3 RAM and GDDR3 Video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222522-does-matter-if-you-use-ddr2-ddr3-etc-video-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

OK! I am a noob at this!
I am running XP Pro 32-bit. I want to replace the Video Card. Nothing great or expensive...just a decent one. It for a friend (senior, that is why XP). I just got him a Dell Vostro 200 slim, added a 1TB HD and installed all drivers and XP. Please let me know 3 things:

1. Does ddr2 or ddr3 matter on the video card..is one better to run on XP
2. 64-bit or 32-bit. I assume 64 will run on 32-bit XP
3. Any suggestions on the card or where to buy (PCI Express 2.0X16)
Thanks! Ynot

A:Does it matter if you use a DDR3 or DDR2 video card?

The only thing you need to know about buying a single graphics card:

Do I have a large enough power supply for this card?
Do I have the appropriate card slot for this card?
If the card is 2 (or 3) card slots wide do I have room in my case?
What monitor cable connector will I be using?

Everything else may be important for choosing the card you want but not needed to get the card working.

1) Graphics card memory type is irrelevant as far as the operating system is concerned.
2) I'm not sure why you are asking the second question.
3) We need to know what you will be using the card for. (A slim form factor doesn't give much options)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-it-matter-if-you-use-a-ddr3-or-ddr2-video-card.177530/
Relevancy 53.75%

hello techies. im trying/needing to get my old footage from sony trv-120 to laptop for editing.have acer aspire 5810tz,it only has 4 usb ports.i need ieee1394 firewire,4 pin to4/6pin?do i need a card ,adaptor,gizmos or gadgets, programs?i believe vista is ready to accept sony info.ive read using usb for transfer would mean loosing quality of video?would rather not loose any quality if avoidable.pretty new to the techieworld here(diditaliterate),so would love a simple fix if there is one out there.ive seen the ieee cables for super cheap but my acer has no ports...???help/thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

From the early days of computing, when the FCC became concerned with stray emissions, ferrite beads or clamps were required to be on the cable that ran from the display adapter to the video monitor. Today, most video monitors come equipped with imbedded beads at one or both ends of the monitor cable. The beads are recognizable because they have a larger diameter than the rest of the cable.

1) Are these beads just an iron core?
2) Or are they magnetic as well?
3) Exactly what do they do?
4) How do they function?

I'm a non-engineer who is curious about such arcane matters.

------------------
R. J. Emery

[This message has been edited by rjemery (edited 02-08-2000).]

Relevancy 53.32%

I dont get why there are DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 (I think it goes to 4).

Like they all go in PCI-Xpress 16x slots. Will all of them work with a PCI-express 16x slot?
Wouldnt it be best to get the fastest DDR RAM? Or do you want it to match your PC?

IE: I use PC3200 400mhz ddr ram for my pc, would my video card wanna be just ddr?

A:Video Cards, ddr, ddr2, ddr3, ddr4? Does something matter here?

Well the memory on the card has nothing to do with the memory on the computer. the memory on the card act like the memeory on the computer. It will store thing there for faster access. So the faster the memory faster the resaults.
It just like regular memory but geared toward video cards. It just different speed of memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-ddr-ddr2-ddr3-ddr4-does-something-matter-here.524519/
Relevancy 53.32%

What is the best possible audio quality (bitrate, format, etc...) combination out there?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello.
I was wondering how to achive the best audio quality(witch player should i use,What codecs and so on)
My gear is nothing to brag about:Acer aspire E 15 and two Bose speakers.
DFX Audio Enhancer installed Combined with Aimp4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629898/the-best-audio-quality/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi im having a major issue I want to play my games via my Dell switching Xbox cables. PC without monitor on video flat screen monitor The way I Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. achieve that now is by disconnecting the vga cable that connects my computer to my monitor and plugging in the vga cable for my xbox into the monitor Then when Im done I have to go through the agonizing process of unscrewing the cable for my xbox and replacing the cable for my computer This is my xbox cable http www xbox com en-US hardware x xbox vgahdcable My major question is Can I make is so I can have an option or button to switch between the two videos Like say mid game I want to switch back to my pc without have to unplug my Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. cable or anything can I do that I notice the cable for the connection from my pc to my monitor has another cable hanging off of it but I have no idea what that is for and it doesn t take in cables it puts out My operating system is a Dell C and i have a in flat screen monitor with the speaker attached to it on the bottom Do Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables. I have to buy an attachment or is there a program I can buy Thank you so much nbsp

A:Xbox video on PC monitor without switching cables.

I also run on Vista 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-video-on-pc-monitor-without-switching-cables.880606/
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently I noticed that my sound volume has fallen drastically. This is so whether I'm using the speakers or my earphone. I also notice that the audio quality of my mp3s have been affected.
- I've ajusted the volume control in the accessories section to the max
- I've re-installed a upadated version on my media player ( Winamp)
- Winamp volume is set to max / speakers and earphones as well
Nothing seems to help.

I use a PC133 - M758+ Series System Board with an onboard sound card
Hope I've provide enough information. Any suggessions Please
(I'm a newbie at this )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-volume_poor-audio-quality.383465/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an MSI motherboard RS482M2 with built in sound( Realtek)using RealtekALC658C audio codec. The problem is when I play audio on winamp 5.112
there are kinda "Blips" heard now and then. The same isnt heard on windows media player.(all though rarely it is heard here also) I tried adjusting the buffer length and prebuffer in Winamp but it didnt work. How do i remove these annoying blips from comming?Also what is the optimum setting of the buffer lenght's for winamp for excellent audio quality?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-quality-problem.38709/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm on an HP laptop. I've noticed a problem where my speakers constantly sound like they're not pushing out what they are truly capable of. They sound slightly muffled and guitars don't come through as loud as they should. What I've noticed is that everything sounds great through headphones, but there is also a strange thing I should mention.

Let's say I'm listening to Led Zeppelin... The sound is muffled and what not but if I go into the "My Music" folder and then double click the "Alter Bridge" folder that holds the song I'm listening to (normally in a subfolder, the album), the audio clears up and sounds awesome. But I have to do this for every song (or audio clip) I listen to. Any help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-audio-quality-on-xp-home-sp2-331514.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The audio that come out sounds pretty bad. ive changed the bit into the maximum, 24 bit but it still sounds crisp. what can i do? Thanks in advancesound driver: realtek high definiton 6.0.1.7606

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality/td-p/5613673
Relevancy 52.46%

I am the proud owner of a 250 g5 notebook for roughly a month now. Everything is working perfect except for the fact that when i want to connect my notebook to my audio setup via the aux port, the quality is very poor. I have tested this on different speakers and the quality sounds way worse than my phone, tv, old computer or any other device with an auxilary output. I have installed new Realtek drivers, but this does not seem to solve the problem. I hope that someone can help me out here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality-via-aux-on-HP-250-G5/td-p/5718451
Relevancy 52.46%

I know absolutely nothing about Audio. I know that my speaker set up has a subwoofer. That it connects to the back of my computer through a black, green and orange 3-way spliced cable. I know I took the computer apart to move it to a new case and that's when it started. I use the on board sound card to an ASUS A8N32 SLI board with the proper sound driver.

The assistance feature for the less informed, like myself, says there's something wrong with my green cable. There doesn't seem to be any tears or weak connections.

As for the problem itself. Sound is mildly distorted. There's severe bass tones? where there shouldn't be. Half of the sounds from 3d games like Oblivion, do not register.

A:Poor quality Audio

You should have a Realtek Aux console. Start/Programs/Realtek===> some drop down menu. In there you can set-up your speakers for 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. also there should be a graphics equalizer where you can set base or there can be a tab just for setting how much sub-woofer (volume and cross-over frequency) I set my cross-over at 60Hz.

You need to tell it how many speakers you have, then set your sub-woofer and you should be ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-quality-audio.50429/
Relevancy 52.46%

My user says I'm a "Windows 7 Professional" but I've got a Windows Vista Home Basic too and I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me how to get rid of this "Audio Problem" that I'm having . First, I'm listening to the song that's playing like it should . Second, it's at the end of the song . Third, it stops and makes a crackling sound and goes at the end of the song . If you know what I'm talking about, please tell me how to stop this nonsense .

A:I'm Having Poor Audio Quality!

How about more details?

On 1 song or all songs?

Always at the same point in a given song?

On mp3s, waves, or any file format?

Is this a recent development?

What player are you using?

If it's a recent development and everything was fine at one time, how has your PC been altered since everything was fine? New hardware? Software updates?

Etcetera. More info needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/131645-im-having-poor-audio-quality.html
Relevancy 52.46%

just got a refurbished dell latitude d620, it is upgraded to win 7, since dell doesnt make a win 7 audio driver for this model the geniric microsoft audio driver was used, the sound works but sounds terrible, static, noise, choppy, i tried vista, xp and sigmatel hd drivers, they all work but sound the same, any ideas?

A:poor audio quality

Your system is not compatible for Windows 7 since there is no audio drivers for Windows 7. If the system is compatible with Windows Vista or XP I recommend sticking with that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/poor-audio-quality-645327.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I downgraded from Vista to XP a couple months ago but haven t had the oppurtunity to play with my webcam audio feature until now I m on an Acer Aspire Laptop with a built in cam and mic I had a great audio quality on Vista Now suddenly my audio quality is very poor not so much in the fact that it doesn t sound good but that you can barely hear it Again it worked great on Vista Now I ve tried playing with all the settings I ve spent a lot of time tweaking things but nothing fixes it I think Quality on Audio Poor mic it may have something to do with the gay RealTek Audio Manager which I d like to get rid of but don t know how My audio quality is just very very muffled and low-toned In Master Volume I am using advanced settings and I have everything turned up full blast In the Poor Audio Quality on mic mic s advanced settings Poor Audio Quality on mic Bass and Treble are both set to as low as possible and it doesn t allow me to move them or change them As for drivers according to driveragent com these are the only drivers which are out of date or missing - Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus missing - Intel R GBM GHM ICH -M Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C - USB Video Device - Broadcom x Integrated Controller - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R GBM ICH -M LPC Interface Controller - B - SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller - USB Composite Device There must be something that s not right or I m missing PLEASE PLEASE help me out here or I may think about switching back to Vista nbsp

A:Poor Audio Quality on mic

Come on. No one can even help me on THIS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-on-mic.720383/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone.
Just after a bit of advice really !
I just got my first MP3 player (well, 2nd, but 1st was my mobile phone and only held 15 tracks )
I have ripped lots of my cds to MP3 format, WMA format (both 128kbps and variable-40-75 kbps) and maybe its just my ageing hearing, but although i can notice a very slight difference in quality between the first 2, i can not hear any difference between the 2 WMA bit rates.
Just wondering why this would be as a track at 128 is 4529 KB and at 40-75 is only 2800 KB.
Your thiughts would be most welcome !!
Mark.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 52.03%

Please read this, sorry, I would copy and paste but like I say I'm using a Wii for internet due to no working PC, and there's no copy and paste (yes, I'm actually typing this damn long URL by hand):
http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardw...r-how-do-i-take-hdd-graphics-card-out-pc.html

Thanks for any help! Hopefully this forum will have more people online at this late/early time (I'm UK based and so is the previous forum)

A:Complete hardware beginner: How to remove power cables, ribbon cables and HDD drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/complete-hardware-beginner-how-to-remove-power-cables-ribbon-cables-and-hdd-drives.776575/
Relevancy 52.03%

I got Pavilion X2 three days ago. I installed needed drivers through HP assist. But whenever I listen to music with headphones, the audio quality becomes bad, lack of bass and clarity. I checked B&O play and the headphones setting is faded and it says device unplugged although I have plugged well. Is that audio driver problem? Or just the beo play software itself?

A:Headphone Audio Quality is Freakingly bad

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and the sound quality not the greatest. You could try:1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.2. Click Playback Devices.3. Click Speakers.4. Click properties.5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.7. Apply the properties.8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound. If that does not help.Here is troubleshooting for this issue with Windows 10. Restart your Notebook.  Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Audio-Quality-is-Freakingly-bad/td-p/5617998
Relevancy 52.03%

How is the audio quality over on lumia 950 and 950xl over headphones?Is it better that 1020 or older lumia phones?How does it compare with lg v10 for example which has a dedicated hi-fi dap?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435498-how-audio-quality-lumia-950-950xl.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I m having an annoying problem using FRAPS to record footage from games the video works fine and the audio records I ve seen a lot of people having problems with FRAPS failing to record sound around the net but while playing back the recording the quality audio recordings Low FRAPS in quality of the audio is really bad and crackles often My sound card is integrated - a SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio - which I thought might be the problem but when I recorded and played back a song using the Windows Sound Recorder the quality was fine which makes me suspect it s a problem with FRAPS rather than my sound card Like I said my sound card is a SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio on a P B Deluxe Low quality audio in FRAPS recordings WiFi-AP motherboard I m using the registered version of Fraps the latest version as well as the latest sound drivers v for Windows XP bit Any assistance or ideas on how to fix the low quality of FRAPS s audio would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-quality-audio-in-fraps-recordings.96850/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello forum,

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate(32-bit).I earlier had Windows XP Professional 32-bit OS and it was working perfectly.Since i installed Win 7..the quality of the audio is pretty bad(not so sharp,clear).I have an on board realtek audio chipset(mobo from intel).
I checked the speakers,the were perfectly ok.Any Help would be much apprtiated.

Thank you

A:Poor Audio Quality in Windows 7

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Realtek audio driver from Intel for your particular motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/156519-poor-audio-quality-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hallo,
during the last weeks the audio quality output of my Inspiron 660 has got worse.
Either when I use the headphones or a speaker, both front panel or rear panel connected, it happens that the sound distorts, or switch mono to stereo and vice-versa, or it happens also that the volume go up and down or that. That  happens  with any kind of source (radio, youtube, audiofiles, spotify,...) and if I listen to the same source with my tablet or smartphone, sound is ok.
Drivers are updated.
I'm not an expert of pc stuffs, I'm just thinking to buy a new sound card.
What do you think, can someone help me?
Thank you
E.

A:Inspiron 660, Windows 10, Bad audio quality

Did you install this conexant audio driver dated 10/16/13?Audio_Driver_9VFXH_WN_8.50.12.0_A00.EXEYes, you could disable the onboard audio in the Bios- Advanced field and then add any PCIe x1 sound card to one of the three PCIe x1 motherboard slots.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19996065
Relevancy 52.03%

Stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound recording The sound quality when recording Stereo Mix (IDT High Def) is really poor and "tinny" soundingAppreciate anyone with solution.

A:stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound

Hi @chris2001net, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!  I saw your post on how you are getting bad quality sound with your HP Envy 15-j144na Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue!  Please try the steps within this guide, No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10). And, let me know the results!  If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know! Hope this guide helps, and thank you for posting!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/stereo-mix-IDT-Hi-Def-audio-bad-quality-sound/td-p/5569048
Relevancy 52.03%

The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.

In other thread someone suggested using windows native driver and that works but:
I use a p2 headset with mic and that does not work with windows driver (mic + audio in the same p2 pin)
Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?

Why does dell release such a bad quality driver since the hardware is perfectly capable of delivery good sound? 

Thanks

A:Low quality audio inspiron 5437

hugorafael17Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?
No.
hugorafael17The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.
If you have WavesMaxx make sure that is not the problem. It only works with the Realtek driver, not the native, so try disabling its settings.
Or you could try a driver directly from Realtek.
1.Go to the Realtek downloads selection page. www.realtek.com.tw/downloads2. On the page click on "High Definition Audio Codecs".3. Check "I accept" and then "next".4. (optional) In the column named "Description" find the file named README and download it. That has the instructions for installing or updating.5. In the column named "Description" select your operating system and whether it is 32bits or 64bits from the top 2 choices in the list.6. In the column named "Download" click on one of the server names to download the driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19677535
Relevancy 52.03%

when i try to record "what i hear" i have to uncheck the stereo mix mute in the options of the control panel of the drivers, but whats the problem.. when i record what i hear sound i got very low quality.. i tryed to record with differend extensions as mp3 and wav but the result is the same.. i think that the problem are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers so please help..

i use winxp home edition sp2 and for record focus mp3 recorder pro and fraps (get the same results)

thnx in advance, jREV

A:Realtek HD Audio Drivers: low quality

What is your computer's make and model? You can go to the manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest audio drivers. Is XP fully updated from Microsoft's Update website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-drivers-low-quality.102570/
Relevancy 51.6%

msi ms-7548

Motherboard Specifications, MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) | HP? Support

this is a cable i have

plugging in for a test wont short the board?
I am interested if you can have front audio and spdiff output sound.

HP says ---> One 9-pin audio header for headphone-out and microphone-in (yellow, Vista capable, requires matching front audio jack module)

also HP says ---> "Supports one S/PDIF digital connection"
the board has an internal and external spdif, so what is HP saying?

Quote:
Integrated Realtek ALC888S Audio
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
Audio CODEC: Realtek ALC888S
High Definition 8 channel audio
Supports one S/PDIF digital connection

shows the external spdif #2 rca jack which I use hooked up to a sony receiver.

A:AC 97 front audio cables on this mb front audio? msi ms-7548

An AC97 connection will work in place of an HD Audio connection to the motherboard sound connection. The AC 97 doesn't support some jack sensing that the HD Audio does.

It should work OK to test if you can get front panel audio and S/PDIF at the same time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/319436-ac-97-front-audio-cables-mb-front-audio-msi-ms-7548-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It looks, like MPC is missing antialiasing. I switched to VLC because of this, but I like MPC's GUI more.

Is there a way to fix this or it is just a design flaw? I remember MPC to play videos normally years ago.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62468-why-does-mpc-hc-has-such-low-quality-video.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Guys.

Im running both vista and 7, and say if i open a episode of top gear on vista it runs great. but the same file runs really pixelated on windows 7, i have got the latest drivers for gpu, but quality still bad. any ideas?

Thanks
Matt.

A:Video Quality

Sorry, i use wmp and vlc media players. if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/27907-video-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i have a sony DCRTRV33 cam corder and a p.c with the following specs

P4 3.06GHz (HT)
120 GB Deskstar HDD
512 MB DDR RAM
Gefroce FX5200 graphics card

I am currently using a trial version of video studio to see if i can get the hang of video editing.

What i want to do is take some video i have got on my cam corder and make some changes then burn it onto dvd. However when i do this the output quality is very poor, even though i have transfered it at the highest resolution the software will let me, 724*something! (sorry cant remember the resolution)

Any suggestions on improving the quality would be great thanks

Michael

Relevancy 51.6%

i've bought VCDs all my life, just wondering if the quality of the video itself is any better than VHS, or if it's any better at all.
thanks

A:about VCD's video quality

Tape is probably better because when it's captured onto pc the files are avi (best quality), whereas vcd files are usually mpeg 2 (compressed quality). Plus working on avi in editing is a lot quicker than mpeg.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-vcds-video-quality.725292/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have media player on an XP platform Suddenly a month ago the videos went to crap and are just pixilated mush I played around in tools performance I told it not to use video quality i video accelerators That worked Except it will now not run fullscreen - presumably because without the accelerators it can t handle it turn them back on and the video goes back to a kaleidoscope videos I noticed that I can play my video quality i saved mpegs and wmv s fine - it s just the new ones that are messed and it just started I can t believe that every vid I have received in the last weeks is some new format that requires a codec I don t have I can go back and play ones received in January - but almost all from Feb won t run with the accelerators turned on I am unable to see anything different between them in their properties Any suggestions I know I could upgrade to but it would be nice to identify the culprit And besides - what if I go to and it still does it - Castleheart nbsp

A:video quality i

It sounds like a codec issue the way you describe it. There are a number of tools that allow you to view/remove or analyse the codecs on the system. I can't recommend one off hand but maybe another member can. Have you installed any codec packs on the system before the issue started? Do you have any codec packs installed on your system at all? Most codec packs tend to mess up systems even the so called "lite ones." It's best to simply install the codecs you need instead of a codec pack.

One that does seem to be better then the rest is the K-Lite Codec Pack. It does have tools to remove bad/corrupted codecs on your system. It's worth a try if someone else doesn't have a better sugestion.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-quality-i.905682/
Relevancy 51.6%

is there any program that can enhance the quality of a video? I have an .avi file but it is pretty poor quality I was wondering if there was anything that could clean it up?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have problem with video quality and there seem to be so many variables that I am now completely overwhelmed When I play movies from online sources like Hulu the video appears pretty good When I download videos some look great but others not so Video Quality much When I stream video from place like MSN or other news sources the video is almost unwatchable It's grainy and blured The buffering seems fine but the video quality is terrible I have some new hardware below but I'm mostly wondering about my Display It is a new Samsung and maybe my attempt at buying the best has backfired It is capable of utilizeing the newest HD technology but I don't know if it is able to use the more common media preoperly The TV for instance Video Quality it has it's Video Quality own tuner when played without the computer comes in pretty bad but when I try it with the HD digatal signal from Comcast it looks fantastic I only have basic cable though and it seems it should come in at least as good as my old CRT TV Is there a way to ajust and test any these things in Vista or maybe a program I could get I run my GeForce GT OC at defaults and have the newest Adobe Flash I even installed a new BFG GX Power Supply I Would love any suggestions and thankyou HP Pavilion Media Center m f Desktop PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s Motherboard Asus IPIBL-LB Memory Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Page File Space GB HDD Hitachi GB HDS KLA Graphics Card Geforce GT OC Power Supply Unit BFG GX Tuner ViXS Pure TV-U B NTSC ATSC Combo Monitor TV Samsung SyncMaster T HD OS Vista Home Premium SP x

A:Video Quality

Hello FredRock,

Here is the deal with the video. Video is only going to play as good as the source file. You're equipment is pretty nice, but if the video itself is of poor quality then your playback will be of poor quality as well.

Let me give you a simple example.

Lets say you have a video, the resolution is set to 720dpi. This is a really High quality video, SHD quality. Will be play beautifully on your monitor. Will take up a lot of disk space though, around 8gb for a movie (compression and other variable not widthstanding). Same video, at 320 dpi. This is a lot lower quality, will look blocky or grainy, take up about 1gb for the same movie.

I hope this helps explain it. There truely is so much with video it is dizzying, divx decoders, and drivers, and compression methods and players makes me wanna vomit from time to time just thinking about.

I hope this helps.

-Kenneth

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251143-video-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i am using INTEL 3.0ghz HT,1 GB RAM, 8500 GT VIDEO CARD I GB OF VRAM,

AND I HAVE A monitor which support 1400x900 resoulution

i have downloaded movie avatar on xvid format.. its about 1.5 gb movie but when i switch to full screen quality is not satisfactory as we seen in TV can u tell me what should i do to enhance video quality?

A:Bad quality of video

Where did you download this movie from because as far as I know it isn't even out on DVD yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-quality-of-video.904416/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys In the other forum that I do participate I found a tutorial about the Realtek HD Quality! Sound Realtek HD Audio Improve Audio RHDA chipsets Making the long history Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! short all RHDA have a paid driver for the Gigabyte mobos that makes then emulate a X-Fi sound card Of curse it is not a quality of a real X-Fi but I could see a small change in the sound quality The original post Apr Realtek R VIA HD Audio driver for X-Fi MB Software Can't believe how stupid some people Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! are X-Fi MB is much like a Winamp audio enhancement plug-in and provides better effects than Realtek It does improve your sound experience However this is not a hardware upgrade does not improve RMAA tests and won't make the built-in DACs better Don't you believe me Get a loopback cable disable all effects configure the mixer accordingly and do the tests yourself If you still cannot understand this sorry for you Some people are so easy to cheat Read reviews learn and maybe some day you'll understand Finally the X-Fi MB costs way expensive for an audio plugin For Newegg you can buy an Audigy SE and enjoy incredibly better sound than a codec can provide EDIT for a good laugh Mussels Aussie Moderator TPU Forums quot Yes its true it wont do any hardware changes or any big upgrades but if you're changing the sound profile via EQ's and the equaliser i'm sure the RMAA results would change somewhat quot OMG LOL Do you even know what RMAA is for Please read all the docs at http audio rightmark org download shtml From RMAA manual quot For higher precision disable all equalizer D effects and such quot From X-Fi RMMA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX -bit Crystalizer Graphic Equalizer THX Setup quot From Audigy ZS RMAA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX Karaoke Equalizer THX Setup and Speaker Calibration quot Link to the first idea Realtek R X-Fi mod driver - techPowerUp Forums I hope you alll enjoy this as I do Cheers

A:Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

The link doesn't works:

Please read all the docs at http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61048-improve-realtek-hd-audio-sound-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello nbsp As a musician I like to Poor All-In-One on quality Audio Microphone HP PC. 23-R115a use the Voice Recorder nbsp app in Windows to do quick recordings of musical inspiration when the moments presents Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. itself I then store these 'Draft' musical ideas into my professional Recording Software package Cakewalk Sonar X nbsp nbsp I have a HP -R a All-In-One PC Using the Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. following AMD High Definition Audio Device Audio Codec Realtek ALC -CG and I find that the audio quality of the resultant m a files are really bad quality and super lossy with heaps of compression artifacts nbsp It's important to note that nbsp he playback within Voice Recorder is crap from the outset nbsp so it's not the Cakewalk software nbsp Is there a way I can edit alter re-define the Microphone recording parameters nbsp I've tried changing the audio quality of nbsp these options nbsp in the Microphone properties via Control Panel as well as update the driver but there is no change to poor quality nbsp nbsp nbsp TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-Microphone-Audio-quality-on-HP-23-R115a-All-In-One-PC/td-p/5614527
Relevancy 51.6%

My audio sounds slightly distorted especially the high frequencies while listening to MP s at a normal listening volume and there s some air noise only when a song is playing A sound quality Poor card? audio - the Is it The Source CD had copy guard protection which distorts sound quality when transferred to a computer B The songs were recorded at too low of a quality because the person who made them was frugal with HDD space C The Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? sound card is of poor Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? quality and isn t quot rendering quot the sounds correctly If quot C quot is correct as I suspect what sound card would you recommend I listen to Music and watch DVD s on my system I m not really into Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? gamming I m looking for high quality and willing to pay a little more for it I would like Dolby SS support I have heard that Audiogy SP is pretty good there s like different grades of it though so I m a bit unsure of which is right for me Any help is greatly appreciated as usual nbsp

A:Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card?

You probably can't go wrong with the Audigy cards or any of the middle to top end Sound Blasters. The cheaper SB's give distortions- that you may be experieincing- on some mother boards. I have a little machine in the bed room with one in there and the voices sound like robots many times.

Check out Turtle Beach. They have good cards for a little money and the sound control software is pretty cool. They usually ship with mixers and custom stuff in the software bundle. I have a old Quadzilla 2 in the game machine here and it's still kicking. This one doesn't do surround sound from the CD player but the new ones do. My neighbors can hear Godsmack from across the street when I wind this one up.

Bottom line. Stay with the well known sound guys and you should do ok without having to hire a research team to compare products. Be willing to drop a couple hundred geeta on a card and you'll be in business.

Don't forget to have good speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-is-it-the-sound-card.130721/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi to all channels.? without quality decrease losing How to audio seven forums hope all will be fine guys I extracted an audio from a mkv movie using mkv merge gui and this is the audio status Complete name The Green Hornet p BRRip mkv Format Matroska File size MiB Duration h mn Overall bit rate Kbps Encoded date UTC - - Writing application mkvmerge v 'Language' built on Mar Writing library libebml v libmatroska v Audio ID Format AC- Format Info Audio Coding Mode extension CM complete main Codec ID A AC Duration h mn Bit rate mode Constant How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? Bit rate Kbps Channel s channels Channel positions Front L C R Side L R LFE Sampling rate KHz Stream size MiB Language English How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? now I wanted to How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? convert it in some lower bit rate which were exactly decreasing the size of it that is I wanted to do but the problem is if I convert it to any audio format it will be done with only channels audio I want to decrease some of its bitrates size like kbps or kbps with the channels plz guide me how I do that job

A:How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.?

To mess with more than two channels, you might actually have to pay for a program that can do it. I believe Nero has a wave editor that supports six channels in their multimedia packs. Sorry this isn't much help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/168984-how-decrease-audio-quality-without-losing-channels.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I am running an AMD 2700+ on a MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard with 512mb of ram. Video Card is an ATI All in Wonder 9000. When I play a CD in either drive (Lite-on 52x24x52 CD Burner or Lite-on DVD-Rom ) The audio pops and scratches like I was playing a vinyl record on a phonograph. I tried different cd's and the same thing happens. All the CD's I tried were CD's I Bought in the store not burned. I checked all my sound settings and I enabled DMA on both CD-Roms and still the same thing. I disconnected the analog audio cables inside the computer to see if that was the problem and no luck. Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance

Carl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-audio-quality-poor-when-playing-on-computer.243918/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just bought a new laptop and tried the HDMI, but there is no audio and the image is poor.

It's an Asus X501A with Pentium 2020M Ivy Bridge and Intel HD Graphics.

I tried changing the output resolution, to tweak the audio properties, etc.

No success.

Any idea?

Thanks.

A:HDMI on TV no audio, poor quality image

Video and sound are separate, although both should be in the HDMI signal - IF THE PC Supports this.

When you plug in the HDMI cable most system will change the default audio playback device to HDMI. However, it sounds like yours is not doing this. With the HDMI cable plugged in, go to the Sound Panel, Playback section. the HDMI should be set as the default Playback device.

If you still cannot get HDMI audio, contact ASUS, since this is a new PC (or the place where you purchased it).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23985-hdmi-tv-no-audio-poor-quality-image.html
Relevancy 51.6%

ok this problem has been plaging me for years. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro U400 windows 8.1.

The sound quality is awful.
As far as I can remember is it bad in windows 7.

Contextant driver is bad and so is windows 8.1 generic driver.

please help

A:Satellite Pro U400 - audio quality not good

To be honest, I have no idea what you mean exactly by ?quality is awful?.
I owned an Satellite U400 notebook is the past and I have to say that the sound quality was good enough.

The Satellite U400 is a small 13.3? notebook and the speakers were fitted to the notebook dimensions.
The Conexant sound chip is part of the motherboard and you will not be able to replace it.

If you want to use another sound card, you can try to use an external USB audio interface.
I use such external sound solution for my home recording studio.

The audio interface is connected to notebook?s USB port and the external speakers are commenced to the external audio interface.

By the way: Satellite U400 isn't is the list of Win 8.1 supported notebooks... so you will not find any Win 8.1 drivers for this unit on Toshiba driver website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81141-Satellite-Pro-U400-audio-quality-not-good
Relevancy 51.6%

so i was talking to a friend a week ago about tech stuff and he showed me his new issue Macbook Pro Notwithstanding some awful issues they do have he was amazed at the sound so Audio Windows notebook MBP that beats Quality? 15 I took a test drive I agree the speaker audio fidelity and quality is superb - the best I have heard on any notebook in the last years or so I have no idea what magic they did to get the volume range separation etc so well-executed in something that is as thin or thinner than say my zenbook ux awful embarassing audio Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? But apple Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? has experience anyone listened to the el cheapo first generation iPad Mini the audio volume and quality beats every notebook in the class and is on par with the newish Air which is better but not by much those who had the earlier ' models are stunned also they made huge improvement and really Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? didn't say much about it in the specs etc released What Intel Microsoft notebook of comparable size can match it

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35406-windows-notebook-beats-mbp-15-audio-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just began to use this Spectre x360 convertible for audio playback through my stereo.  It sounded terrible as if the speakers were out of phase.  All of the audio checked out and sounded fine with the same connection wire from my iPhone.  I then tried several sets of headphones with the Spectre and they, too, sound terrible.  I updated all drivers through HP support assistant to no avail. This is an important use for me and I can't yet find a resolution. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Spectre-x360-terrible-audio-quality/td-p/5799985
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible (hissing, crackling) so I uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers. This fixed the problem but now I find that the audio quality gets worse over time. Once I reboot it goes back to pristine quality and that lasts a day or two but slowly the quality gets worse with more crackling. It's very annoying.

Any idea what's going on? Is it somehow tied to my RAM or some kind of cache that builds up over time?

I'm a noob so bear with me!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60018-progressively-worse-audio-quality-crackling.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a Chaintech Geforce FX MB DDR AGP X X video card from newegg com Additional stats Core clock MHz D-SUB DirectX DirectX DVI Max Resolution input/check after display won't Monitor cables) new card install video (no x Hz Memory Clock MHz OpenGL OpenGL TV Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install Tuner No TV-Out S-Video Out VIVO No I ve been using an old Geforce MB card don t have the specifics at the moment and it was working fine albeit sub-par for new games namely Guild Wars I m using an ASUS A V Socket A motherboard MHz FSB AGP Pro X if you need any other info or specs let me know and I ll provide what I can Long story short I correctly and safely removed the old card input the new card and nothing happens My monitor says quot no input check cables quot Obviously something is going on with this card I m not sure if the problem is with the card itself or its compatibility with my motherboard I m not a genius when it comes to pc hardware that s why I m here and basically I have two questions If this video card can work with my motherboard what do I need to do to get it to work If this video card cannot work with my motherboard what s the best video card I could buy that would be compatible with what I ve got Also considering the motherboard I DO have if I indeed I need to replace this card again what should I look for so I don t order the wrong thing Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't display (no input/check cables) after new video card install

You didn't say whether or not you uninstalled the old graphics card driver and installed a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-no-input-check-cables-after-new-video-card-install.25930/
Relevancy 50.74%

i just bought my pavilion laptop yesterday to replace my hp pavilion envy dv6 and the audio quality is very poor on my new laptop. its very tinny and noticabely lower quality than i had before. The audio settings also only account for one studio quality Hz setting, which does not offer me te ability to change it as other have been suggested to, i have downloaded the latest drivers and am very unsatisfied with the speaker quality. its hard to enjoy anything im watching or listening to as account of them. help would be appreciated, thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Terrible-audio-quality-coming-from-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5807876
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba satelite A30 with a Realtek ac97 audio device.
The audio has been working fine for a few years now, but has recently been producing poor quality sound, like it is saturated.
I have been playing with sound volume, have reinstalled the latest drivers as well as the latest version of directX, but still experience the same problem.
I have also checked if there was a hardware conflict, but nothing shows...

can it be that the hardware is damaged, and i need to buy an external sound card or can this be solved otherwise?

thanks for anyone's help.

thomas

A:Realtek ac97 audio - poor quality sound

impossible to buy an external sound card for a laptop. Did you recently update any software or drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-poor-quality-sound.60239/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased an Insipron 14z 5423 running Windows 8.  I've generally found the sound quality coming from the laptop speakers (I have yet to try it with headphones or external speakers) to be mediocre-to-poor.  The volume is barely, if at all, inaudible with the volume slider set at under 50% (and not all that loud even when the slider is at the highest volume) and the sound is generally tinny and of poor quality.  I don't know whether there might be software fixes such as other drivers that might help (I downloaded the most recent version of the IDT driver), whether my speakers are defective, or whether this is just how the speakers on this system are.  If anyone has advice/insight, please let me know.

A:Inspiron 14z 5423: poor audio quality/volume

Hi dontstopbelieving,
Thank you for the update. Good to know that you updated the audio drivers. As mentioned in the post, I request you to check with external speakers or ear phones.  Revert with the status to assist you further.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19511901
Relevancy 50.74%

About one week ago from today's date my computer automatically updated from W 10 Upgrade Terrible Windows / Sound Quality - Audio to Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality W and since Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality then the audio speaker sound quality has noticeable nbsp dissipated nbsp Previously I enjoyed a listening to music with a stereo sound quality and since the update the sound quality mimics a transistor radio AM nbsp I have went into the device manager scanned for hardware updates uninstalled and reinstalled the driver changed the sample rate and bit depeth within the Playback devices tab reached out to MS for answers nbsp Unfortunately nothing is working and I believe the solution is to update the sound card from the Manufacturer nbsp I have input my model type in the HP support and driver download section but I do not know which specific software to choose nbsp Also I have referred to my HP assistant icon and it tells me everything is update to date for my device nbsp Hopefully someone out there with experience can give me the proper directions to solve the issue I have searched the HP support forum and I see there are others who have had a similar experience nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp JS nbsp

A:Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality

Hi: Here is the link to the W10 audio driver from your PC's support page.  Install and restart the PC. This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71717.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Windows-10-Upgrade-Audio-Sound-Terrible-Quality/td-p/5785409
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone I initially got this laptop in Windows until I upgraded to Windows and reverted back to by mistake This is how my OS change went through Windows Windows Upgrade Clean Install Windows Clean Install Windows Thing is when I upgraded to Windows NOT Clean Install jus upgrade the sound was working as usual once I did the clean install the audio problem started ever since I've tried installing audio drivers provided from Asus website latest driver from Realtek latest driver detected in Software called dp Chip and auto-install from Windows Device Manager And nothing did the trick to restore my audio's original quality Before watching playing games with volume of or was MORE THAN loud enough to shake the entire house but now I can't even be satisfied with Not only the volume decreased and OS install. volume quality clean Audio after quality degraded too I experience less bass than before and audio sound like as if one of my speaker isn't working Did clean installing wipe out something Though I've tried intsalling every single drivers I could find Attached Dxdiag file should you need it to help me out Ask me for Audio quality and volume decreased after OS clean install. more information I could provide Along with Graphical Stutter in-game this issue is driving me crazy help me out here

A:Audio quality and volume decreased after OS clean install.

I'm not too sure, but when I uninstalled every single audio drivers and let the Windows install the drivers automatically, it showed 2 Speakers icon in the playback pane. When I tried testing both devices, I felt like if those 2 work at the same time, sound could sound the same as before. Anyone have an idea how to pull this off?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/74340-audio-quality-volume-decreased-after-os-clean-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

After updating my Windows bit Home Edition with the anniversary update I realized that the sound quality declined slightly The difference is not too big but as a musician I feel it clearly I am focusing on headphone usage switching to problem Realtek audio after HD W10 quality Play B&O Annivers... built-in speakers the difference is less sensible The sound level decreased significantly I had to raise the volume bar from to - to have the same volume Also the overall quality richness stereophonic effect reverberation is decreased by - The sound became a little bit blunt compared to the state before updating the system nbsp I removed deleted the software driver completely and tried all versions of available drivers published on HP support page related to my notebook the result is the same nbsp Realtek HD Audio Driver nbsp versions which I tried - - nbsp - - - - nbsp My system nbsp HP Pavilion t M H AV L S Realtek HD Audio ALC with B amp O Play nbsp Any comments are welcome

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-Play-Realtek-HD-audio-quality-problem-after-W10/td-p/5725394
Relevancy 50.74%

This has been a problem for me for a few months now, but it's just getting unbearable.

So, here's the situation:Oftentimes, my headphones give out muffled audio. It makes it virtually impossible to make out human speech, and just generally isn't very good. In the past, I could fix this by adjusting the headphone jack somewhat, but over time I've had to do it more violently and I'm concerned at this point that I'll harm the computer if I continue doing it. Now, whenever it happens, I have to wiggle the jack around with a decent amount of force to get it to work properly.

I'm not particularly good with computer hardware, so I'm not entirely sure what the exact issue could be. If you need any more information, just ask. I'd be happy to provide it. Any help is appreciated.

A:Audio jack giving out muffled, bad quality sound

Nevermind. I just hooked up a pair of speakers with audio ports of their own into the back, and it works pretty well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516034/audio-jack-giving-out-muffled-bad-quality-sound/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.

my friend have HP550 laptop and he wanna connect good quality audio system (for house party, something like that), but he's not sure about that move...he thinks that his HP550 won't be able to take the pressure. Well, i'm not sure eather.

He always thinks that somehow his laptop will burst or something, some parts will be destroyed. He's never take any risk.

Anyone?

Thanks.

A:Can i connect HP550 with good quality audio system?

I can't see any problem with connecting your laptop to a good sound system.I would connect a mini mp3 player and expect it to work.The same principle as dropping an ipod into a docking station

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-hp550-with-good-quality-audio-system.943279/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok. i have a Dell Optiplex 210L, and i had to reformat the harddrive and reinstall the OS. before i did this, the video quality of Windows Media Player 11 was fine, after this, i reinstalled WMP 11, and the quality of the same videos that were fine, are now really blurry and hard to see. is there any way i can fix this?

Relevancy 50.74%

I just got a new HD JVC Everio thats records in .mts format but when i upload the video into Adobe Premiere elements 7 the quality it pretty much unusable, any help??

A:Video quality is terrible

try converting the video in a different format or try using a different player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-quality-is-terrible.140332/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.
I have win7 ultimate and direct x 11.
My video is very blury. On xp was much better but i still wasnt satisfied.I hoped here will be better but it isnt. Im also having klite installed.
Can you suggest me what to do to make it watchable?

A:video quality problem

The easiest thing to try first would be VLC media player portable from this page:
VideoLAN - Download official VLC media player for Windows

It comes with its own codecs. If that doesn't give a clearer picture then you should post some details about the video, codec used, player etc..

Also you will find more readers heavy into video on this forum
VideoHelp - Forum, Guides, Software and DVD lists

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389164-video-quality-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've noticed this recently I've tried posting in the Skype community quality video Skype with no luck My computer is as follows E OC'd to GB RAM PC- eVGA GTX SE GB Basically I use the quot Nightly quot browser from Firefox which is a -bit version of Firefox With Resource Monitor I'm noticing that I'm Skype video quality consistently hitting over the GB RAM Skype video quality can't remember if the mark is or mark for -bits I usually have a lot of applications simultaneously running on my computer Then when I run Skype I notice that my video call quality is pretty bad Even closing quot Nightly quot doesn't really help too much Resource Monitor still says that the memory that was used is still not 'free' but rather in 'standby' Does this make any difference Why is this Is it because Skype is a -bit application and cannot access memory within the first GB Forgive me I'm a 'noob'' here Are there any 'tweaks' I can do to my computer to fix this problem

A:Skype video quality

Has this always been the case?

When you say "video call," do you mean both the audio and video quality? The components you've touched on are probably all fine, working as they should and doing their best for your programs to be top notch fast and capable. These components, however, can only do so much-- the main things you should look at are your speakers/audio card, microphone, and webcam.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/168862-skype-video-quality.html
Relevancy 50.74%

What is going to give me the higest quality video?

DVI, component, or s-video

let's assume i am using a tv that's 1080p so the screen resolution isn't an issue.

A:highest quality video??

Could be DVI or component, depending on how the TV handles DVI.

Hard to explain, but some TV's don't handle DVI correctly (ie, some reconvert the DVI internally), but if it works, that's the best way to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/highest-quality-video.473289/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I am new to the site and I appologise if this is not in the correct topic.

I am having the following problem for a while now.
Does not matter what video or in what format I watch the picture quality is far from perfect, looks very grainy and black is not black.
Also sometimes the movie freezes for a few seconds and then continues.
But my main issue is with the grainy part.
I have tried many players already and all is the same.
I have not change hardware recently, only change is my OS from XP to Win7.
And I had the same issue with XP as well.

Below you can find a screenshot from a compressed HD movie.
You can find all my PC details in attached dxdiag file.

Should you need anymore information please ask and I will try and provide.

Hope you can help.
Many thanks in advanced.

Regards,
ttebayo

A:Grainy video quality

Hi I'am sorry but we cannot help you in your pursuit to watch illegaly downloaded movies it would be against forum rules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/grainy-video-quality-432464.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently bought a DJI Phantom 4 and every time I try to render the video I get blue screen screen crashes when the video render quality is anything over 720p. I have a multi boot system and every OS crashes the same with a blue screen So im assuming its a problem with my GPU. any help would be greatly appreciated the BSOD number is 0124. My GPU is an nvidia gtx 970

A:B.S.O.D when trying to render video over low quality

Sorry I made my original post quite late after a long and very frustrating day of trying to resolve this issue. please allow me to elablorate a little. I have proshow gold on one system and that just auto closes when I try to import video footage captured by the phantom 4 drone, and I have Cyberlink power director on another os which allows me to convert to avi and even H.265 HEVC but whenever Itry to render in 1080p to upload to youtube the render crashed and BSOD every time around 50% of the render complete.

raphics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of adapters 2

Graphic APIs

API NVIDIA I/O
API NVIDIA NVAPI
API Intel I/O

Display Adapters

Display adapter 0
Display name \\.\DISPLAY5
Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Board Manufacturer GIGABYTE Technology
Technology 22 nm
Memory size 1024 MB
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x1458)
Model ID 0x0412 (0xD000)
Performance Level 0
Core clock 599.9 MHz

Display adapter 1
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Board Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Revision A1
Codename GM204
Technology 28 nm
Memory size 4 GB
Memory type GDDR5
PCI device bus 5 (0x5), device 0 (0x0), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x10DE (0x1043)
Model ID 0x13C2 (0x8508)
Performance Level 0
Core clock 135.0 MHz
Memory clock 324.0 MHz

Win32_VideoController AdapterRAM = 0x40000000 (1073741824)
Win32_VideoController AdapterRAM = 0xFFF00000 (4293918720)
Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 1.0.0.0
Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 10.18.14.4264
Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 10.18.13.6822
Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 03/06/2015
Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 08/04/2015
Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 05/19/2016

Monitor 0
Model S24D300 (Samsung)
ID SAM0B42
Serial H4MG400686
Manufacturing Date Week 16, Year 2015
Size 24.0 inches
Max Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Horizontal Freq. Range 30-81 kHz
Vertical Freq. Range 56-75 Hz
Max Pixel Clock 170 MHz
Gamma Factor 2.2

Monitor 1
Model S24C300 (Samsung)
ID SAM0A28
Serial
Manufacturing Date Week 10, Year 2014
Size 24.0 inches
Max Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Horizontal Freq. Range 30-81 kHz
Vertical Freq. Range 50-75 Hz
Max Pixel Clock 170 MHz
Gamma Factor 2.2
Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
DirectX Version 11.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/b-s-o-d-when-trying-to-render-video-over-low-quality.1172096/
Relevancy 50.74%

Some videos on iTunes are fine while others are just terrible quality. It lags horribly, like I'm trying to run it on an old and cruddy computer, but my computer's just fine (I can do stuff a lot more complicated than running a video). The video starts and stops, and is just altogether unwatchable. What could be causing this?

A:iTunes video is VERY bad quality

The video plays fine in other programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-video-is-very-bad-quality.577005/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.
I have win7 ultimate and direct x 11.
My video is very blury. On xp was much better but i still wasnt satisfied.I hoped here will be better but it isnt. Im also having klite installed.
Can you suggest me what to do to make it watchable?

A:video quality problem

The easiest thing to try first would be VLC media player portable from this page:
VideoLAN - Download official VLC media player for Windows

It comes with its own codecs. If that doesn't give a clearer picture then you should post some details about the video, codec used, player etc..

Also you will find more readers heavy into video on this forum
VideoHelp - Forum, Guides, Software and DVD lists

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/389164-video-quality-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello to all out there in this wonderful virtual world ha ha ha Just a little problem I have that I wonder if you can solve Hope it isn t too difficult but I m guessing you re all rather smart and things ha ha ha Okay well I managed to aquire a video that a friend called Richard Potter sent me over msn messenger Anyway the program I used to download it is probably irrelavant The video is saved as a avi and the quality isn t too great I wasn t expecting blu-ray or anything but I Improving quality video ve been spoilt with my old betamax ha ha ha Anyway I have tried to increase the quality by changing the filename to quot stalingrad quot that s the movie you see and more importantly I followed this word by quot bmp quot hoping that it will improve the quality No such luck I m afraid Please help me techy peopley nbsp

A:Improving video quality

No amount of "wrangling" is going to change a frog into a prince despite the fairy tales. Something you got over an IM is probably quite bad to start with and its going to stay that way. If you knew you had a high quality video and it was playing poorly then you could look into better players and codecs for that file but I don't think that's the case here is it?

The only way to improve it is go back to the original video,which hopefully is high quality and make a better copy of it (clone the prince and forget the frog altogether).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/improving-video-quality.677301/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone When i installed the OS and then updated the direct X c with updates video out quality, Low me [SOLVED] please. help of direct X June redist file I have done this previously when i had to install the OS again due to some problems This direct X upgrade enhanced the visual quality on my LCD well i don't notice much difference in desktop quality but yes there is remarkable difference in quality in some p or p videos when played before installed direct X [SOLVED] Low video quality, help me out please. upgrade it had a whitish color but with updating the direct X it became crystal clear Recently i found a new version of [SOLVED] Low video quality, help me out please. VLC player has come and i installed that updated version but it was don't know a defective version had sound issues [SOLVED] Low video quality, help me out please. i uninstalled the new version and installed the older version and things working fine Coming to the point now again the video quality is fallen back as prior to installing direct X update it has a whitish sheet like thing all over i mean quality is not that clear as it was with direct X update What i do of this issue My graphic card driver is updated and running fine and now that i check for direct X update there is no more

A:[SOLVED] Low video quality, help me out please.

What happens if you remove the video card and use the integrated ATI video?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-low-video-quality-help-me-out-please-768674.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I just bought an ATI radeon saffire x1950gt video card because I thought that DVI would give me hd like quality instead of vga. I disabled my on board video card and everything works great but when I play video's I can see horizontal lines when the frames change. I changed the framerate to the highest that my cpu would let me which is 60 but it still does the same thing....When I had my onboard video card it didnt do that and the quality of everything else looks about the same than it did with the original on board video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-video-card-bad-dvd-quality.630530/
Relevancy 50.74%

How do you improve the video quality of a song without compromising its audio

A:Video Quality of songs

What exactly are you referring to? "Songs" are audio, and thus have no video.

In any case, you can't increase the quality of a file. The best quality will be on the original or master. Once a copy is made at lower quality, that's the best it will ever be. You can't get back the quality that was discarded.

Make a new copy from the source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-quality-of-songs.1084158/
Relevancy 50.74%

iam having a 16 mb nvidia pci card , if i buy a new agp card ,would it improve general video quality besides games ;like watching movies

A:video quality improvement

Do you currently have poor DVD quality? (from real dvds of course... not downloads)

Depending on how old your machine... 16mg is a little slow even for basic computing. Upgrading will improve the overall speed of the machine.

Post back your system information...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-quality-improvement.134901/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well first things first this is my first time on this board so a big hello to everyone Basically I m want to improve the quality of video my PC is capable of especially in gaming With demanding such as Doom I experience a slow frame rate and I nearly always have to use low quality settings to make it playable at all so I end up with a low resolution jagged edges and bad textures The frame optimising PC's Need Quality. Video help rate drops significantly when in large Need help optimising PC's Video Quality. areas or when there is quot a lot going on quot like say when I m racing along a highway in GTA San Andreas Here s my system specs Windows XP Home SP AMD Athlon XP GHz MB of DDR RAM nVidia GeForce MX MX MB Most recent drivers installed GB Hard Drive GB Free space So what do you think would be the best way to improve my video quality I m willing to spend a around Around on any hardware upgrades I need I just need to know where it would be best spent Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated All the best SweeDish P S Not sure if it was best to post here or in the Gaming sub-forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem where sometimes videos play in lower pixel, higher contrast on my PC no matter what the programme, Windows Media Player, DivX Player or Winamp, but sometimes in a darker contrast, better quality for reasons I can't figure out, and not as a result of me changing any settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unpredictable video quality

Are you talking about different videos or the same one playing in different quality at different times? If different videos, maybe its the quality of the video itself????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unpredictable-video-quality.37678/