Windows Support Forum

No audio in windows 7

Q: No audio in windows 7

I had a inbuild sound card install on my motherboard but its not working and when I connect usb sound card it also not give me audio output...pls help....I used windows7 gigabyte motherboard

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No audio in windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No audio in windows 7

Try downloading and running this tool: http://goo.gl/u97Du.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-in-windows-7.194802/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi ,
I have some Windows Media Audio/Video files that were recorded from my web cam. I would like to be able to edit (remove)
some audio portions of these audio/video files without cutting out a section of the video. I have Windows movie maker but just alows me to cut the audio/video together. I also have Goldwave. This works great for audio files but does not support video.
Do you know of any programs that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Sid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edit-audio-in-windows-media-audio-video-file.1029670/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all I need some help I am trying troubleshoot my Audio Codecs in Windows Media Player on a Windows how Windows codecs to repair - Audio AVS Editor Media audio and bit system as a part of troubleshooting a problem with another piece of software I'm using -- AVS You Audio Editor -- I believe something with the codecs or related issue is causing Windows Media and AVS Audio Editor - how to repair audio codecs that AVS issue to hang and their support seems to think so also Whenever I open Windows Media Player and go to Help -- gt About Windows Media Player -- gt and try to click on the Technical Support Information to view my codecs WMP always freezes up and will never load the next screen so I can't ever troubleshoot or otherwise view my codecs I've tried about times now and it always hangs on that step I've tried all of these and none of them have worked - Uninstalled and Reinstalled Windows Media Player from the Control Panel Windows Components Clean reboots with and without power cycling Clean all spyware and viruses - using Spybot and Avast Cleaned and repaired Windows Registry with CCleaner and AVS Registry cleaner Repaired Windows Media Player with Microsoft FIX-IT tools for WMP and Codec Repair Physically found all acm codec files in Windows System deleted them and forced WMP to find and re-scan Hacked out all the references to codec and Windows Media that I could find Ran sfc scannow from the CMD prompt - it either finishes with no errors or errors out at and doesn't finish I'm a total loss on how else to repair and clean my WMP codecs because after all of those WMP still hangs just as soon as I try to click the Technical Support Information link If anyone has any other tips to repair WMP and their codecs I would really cherish some help -R

A:Windows Media and AVS Audio Editor - how to repair audio codecs

If you have a "codec" problem of any sort...the simple solution is to install an appropriate codecs package.  The original codec package installed with WMP is not adequate for all types of video files.

Using any "registry cleaner" is definitely a wrong step.

Your errors with sfc /scannow...are a source of concern, IMO.

I'm trying to understand...why you think that removing all evidence of codecs...is a step forward to resolving anything.  Do you know what codecs are and why they are needed?

FWIW:  http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/multimedia/f/codec.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581945/windows-media-and-avs-audio-editor-how-to-repair-audio-codecs/
Relevancy 38.27%

Model: HP ENVY TouchSmart 23-d000elProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz      3.30GHzInstalled memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3,87 GB usable)System type: 64-bit Operating SystemPen and Touch: touch support with 10 touch pointsWindows 10 Home After formatting i've been surfing the internet,when i noticed the audio wasn't working;i've already tried to fix the problem: i've tried to install the drivers but it says: "The device driver has been detected , but it was an error during installation." and "A device connected to the system is not in operation." I don't know what to do,can someone help me?(I want to clarify that I am Italian and therefore not everything is perfect.  ^^ )

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Problema-Windows-10-gt-Audio-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-CODEC/td-p/5652996
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello
I have an Acer E1-571 suddenly I have an X on my audio controller icon on home page and no audio devices in control panel. I have tried installing sound video and gaming controllers and then tried to install update but it says best already installed and still no Audio.
Any and all help greafully appreciated and many thanks in advance

A:Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Look for audio drivers on the motherboard CD delivered to when after purchasing your system. If you can't find it or don't have mobo CD around, navigate to manufacturer website and download driver for audio device from there.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-disabled-no-audio-devices-windows-8.202541/
Relevancy 34.83%

i am running a windows 7 and my computer cannot play audio or play videos.there is a speakerphone in the bottom right of the screen that has a X over it.When i click it nothing happens.After a while then it opens and then freezes.Also when i open up services.msc and try to restart/stop "windows audio" It just says stopping and nothing is resolved.I tried restarting 10 times still does not work.A week before i had this problem and when i went to internet explore,videos and audio started working.Now this method does not work(i was using Google chrome.

If you need anymore info please ask

A:No audio is coming from computer because of service "windows audio"

There are many posts on here about this problem. Have you looked over those?

One thing, sadly in many cases it is a Windows OS problem and Windows reinstall is needed to fix it. But, look over the other posts and possible fixes. If none of these work, the last resort is to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395064-no-audio-coming-computer-because-service-windows-audio.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (Build 7100) from Vista (32 bit) and am having trouble getting audio from my HDMI out port.

I am using the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset and have upgraded to the latest available driver but still no luck.

I have attached a screen shot of my device manager and my sound devices with the HDMI plugged in - there is no option to select the HDMI as an audio device.

Any ideas?

Appreciate any help!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Peter/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

A:Windows 7 - HDMI out no audio - Intel HDMI audio

Try to set the SPDIF as the default audio device. That might work.

If it doesn't, try updating audio driver.

At last, as you said, your GPU driver is the last one, still, the problem might be right there. Usually, when the device manager shows the HDMI audio as functional and it still doesn't work, it's probably a GPU driver issue.

Try switching your GPU driver to older but stable versions.

On my case, nVidia drivers area always a pain in the *ss, so, when I successfully find a good and stable driver I stick with it for a long long time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/25191-windows-7-hdmi-out-no-audio-intel-hdmi-audio.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
Common complaint, I am working with Windows 7 on a Dell Optiplex 755, but teh issue is with the System Volume setting. When I go to the audio mixer and do the test and configuration, the SoundMax audio level is loud and clear. The problem is with the Windows system settings somewhere, is there a limiter or cap setting in teh registry that I can set to maximum?

I know that it is not the standard slide bars/levels but somewhere that Windows 7 Professional is cutting the volume on any Windows application. The drivers are fine, if I invoke the card directly it will blast the sound out. But in any application it is too soft.

Thanks

A:Windows 7, sound limit, audio card is loud Windows is soft

As you have a Dell, for proper operation you need to use the Dell supplied driver. I used to do a lot of support on the Dell forums and we found that non-Dell sound drivers either did not work or did not work correctly.

Here is the Dell Vista sound driver, it will also work with Windows 7 as it is just "Vista improved". It is for both the 32 bit and 64 bit OS versions. Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

This is a first step. If its still not working correctly after installing the driver, the next thing is what programs you are using that are "low"? If you click on the speaker icon in the notification area (lower right) you can set the system volume level.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/260357-windows-7-sound-limit-audio-card-loud-windows-soft.html
Relevancy 32.25%

When I got my Dell Inspiron 531s last fall, everything worked just fine. Actually, I rather enjoyed using the new Media Player. But the last past week the audio quit on me. My speakers are working just fine. I just can't hear anything music from my Media Player. I have no idea why this happened... and so suddenly! Please help me!!!

A:Windows Media Player on Windows Vista Premium won't play audio

This might help you:
There is a little small icon at the bottom of the media player,(next to the volume control). If you click this icon, your sound might turn on (This is the icon for mute ONLY on windows media player). Once you click this the sound for windows media player might work again.

Below is a thumbnail showing the windows media player screen. In the red box at the bottom is the icon. To zoom into the thumbnail once you have opened it click on the picture once more.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-on-windows-vista-premium-wont-play-audio-234514.html
Relevancy 32.25%

typically i see the beats loggo in my task bar, but since ive upgraded to windows 10 i havent...
when i searched for it and tried to run the program Windows pops up a 'missing shortcut' message saying "Windows is searching for IDTNC54.cpl. To locate teh file yourself, click browse"

i looked a bit prior to this post, and it might have been some update? not quite sure, help is welcome.

Edit: after waiting a bit the message box changed to this

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48945-help-windows-8-1-windows-10-beats-audio-program-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 32.25%

The audio of my laptop(DELL 1520) is disable. I found what is problem. There are two service (Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio ) that should be enable or started. But,I can't start their,I get error when i want to start Windows Audio Endpoint Builder,you can to see this error in follow:

I try some solutions in this forum and other forum, but i still have the problem.
please help me
tanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/382087-i-cant-start-windows-audio-endpoint-builder-services-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a very strange problem hope someone has the answer to this one On my new Windows CPU a little red x appears next the the speaker icon every time I closed down certain programs The programs I use that cause this to happen are Publisher FrontPage yes I still use that for some older web sites I work on and yes Solitaire XP All of these are XP programs but all work fine in Win I can easily get the sound to work by clicking the speaker icon and letting the Fix wizard fix it-takes just a few seconds Below is the error message I get Any ideas on Audio/Windows Point Windows Services crash End how I can stop this from happening other than not using the programs I mentioned Playing Audio Publisher Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash details Issues found One or more audio service isn't running Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running Fixed Start required audio services Completed Potential issues that were checked Check audio deviceCheck audio device There might be a problem with your audio device Issue not present Audio device is disabledAudio device is disabled The audio device you selected is currently Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash turned off in Windows Issue not present Low audio device volumeLow audio device volume Audio device volume might be too low to hear Issue not present Audio device mutedAudio device muted Audio can't play if the device is muted Issue not present Audio device isn't set as defaultAudio device isn't set as default The default audio device is usually used to play or record sounds on your computer Issue not present The speaker headset or headphone is unpluggedThe speaker headset or headphone is unplugged An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound Issue not present Issues found Detection details One or more audio service isn't running Fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly Atleast one of these services isn't running Start required audio services Completed Start the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services Potential issues that were checked Detection details Check audio device Issue not present There might be a problem with your audio device Audio device is disabled Issue not present The audio device you selected is currently turned off in Windows Device state State information about the audio device State Enabled Status code Help link DEVICE STATE XXX Constants Low audio device volume Issue not present Audio device volume might be too low to hear Volume level Level of volume used for audio playback Volume Audio device muted Issue not present Audio can't play if the device is muted Audio device isn't set as default Issue not present The default audio device is usually used to play or record sounds on your computer The speaker headset or headphone is unplugged Issue not present An audio device must be plugged in to play or record sound Detection details Audio endpoint Type of audio device being diagnosed Endpoint Speakers Headphones Headset Earphone Installed audio devices This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices File Name Registry log reg Collection information Computer Name PETERSENDESKTOP Windows Version Architecture amd Time Monday September PM Publisher details Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows Playing Audio Play sounds and other audio such as music files Package Version Publisher Microsoft Corporation Hardware and Devices Use hardware and access devices connected to your computer Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows

A:Windows Audio/Windows End Point Services crash

I'm on the run and can't fully digest your problem right now. But, I have Office 2003 Professional and FrontPage 2003 installed (and I use that to manage a couple of web sites) and it is not causing any sound problem on my new Win 7 64 bit system that has RealTek audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/250750-windows-audio-windows-end-point-services-crash.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I did some general maintenance on a friend's computer: -

Ran Ccleaner
Removed old out of date antivirus installed new one, updated it, ran it and removed 1 threat
Turned off startup programs
Adjusted appearance for best performance

Didn't do anything major and nothing I wouldn't normally do.

Her computer runs a lot better now but has chipmunk audio problem I'm going to take a look but I'm thinking: -

Drivers
Direct X
Settings in realtek (or equiv.)

Is there anything else I should be looking out for?

A:Windows XP Chipmunk audio all programs and Windows sounds

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-chipmunk-audio-all-programs-and-windows-sounds.186534/
Relevancy 31.82%

My laptops sounds gone very bad after maxxaudio is gone. Low bass etc. It's happen after upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10
Where i can get my wavemaxx audio again ? i tried installing newest realtek audio driver but nothing works. 
I've dell inspiron 5437 14R. please help bring me back my waxemaxx audio.

A:waxe maxx audio gone missing after windows 8.1 to windows 10

martinismsWhere i can get my wavemaxx audio again ?
There is no separate download for it. The only way to get it is through installing a Realtek audio driver.
martinismsi tried installing newest realtek audio driver but nothing works. 
If you installed this Realtek driver and still cannot find WavesMaxx in the Control Panel or anywhere else on the laptop, then remove that driver and try a different one. You have to completely remove it.
Open the Device Manager and expand the Sounds Controllers section. Right click on the Realtek and select to uninstall. Put a check mark in the option to delete the files, and then ok. When you reboot, Windows will either install its own native driver or a Realtek driver if there were any other versions on the hard drive. So go back to the Device Manager and check for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & rebooting until Realtek no longer appears under Sound Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place.
Then you can try to install this Realtek driver for Win8.1. If it will not install at first, then try it again using Windows compatibility mode for Win8.1.
[Note that both of the drivers above are for 64-bit Windows, so if you have Win10 32-bit they might not work for you.]
If neither of those drivers get your WavesMaxx back then you might have to revert back to Win8.1 if you need to get it back.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19677547
Relevancy 31.82%

I've recently installed Windows 7 and I've found that in almost every single song,

there would be a short stutter occurring within Windows Media Player. At first I just thought it was lag, but cpu

usage is at 0-1% and even when my computer is idling except for windows media

player a stutter would just jump in there. It has gotten to become a real nuisance

especially when really good songs are playing! Thank you, Alex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-windows-media-player-audio-stuttering.145658/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello I m new here and not the most computer savvy please excuse my ignorance I m running Windows -bit Ultimate Some time ago I put my computer into hibernation mode for the first time the next day when I tried to awaken the beast my problems began Windows wouldn t boot after several attempts Service and Installer Windows Audio Windows to re-boot the computer I was able to boot in safe mode After re-starting from safe mode the computer was able to boot up just fine sort of Windows Installer and Windows Audio Service Since that has happend I lost audio the windows audio Windows Installer and Windows Audio Service service was completely missing My internet connection tray icon shows that I have no connection but I am able to connect to the internet without any problems minor problem Now my windows updates are failing to install and I m getting an error that says quot The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot when trying to install programs such as iTunes I am not able to back up or restore I get an error that says quot An error was detected in the Volume Shadow Copy Service VSS the problem occurred while trying to contact VSS writers Verify that the Event System service and the VSS service are running and check for associated errors in the event logs x quot I have checked the services windows installer is showing that it is started and the volume shadow copy service is started I have since been able to fix the audio issue I downloaded the correct registry keys for the audio service and that fixed that issue However after MANY MANY MANY days I have not been able to rectify the other issues I have tried everything that I have come accross on the Microsoft forums and the other ideas I ve seen here in threads with similar problems but to no avail I purchased this computer through Craigslist with the OS installed about a year ago and it has worked flawlesssly until the hibernation incident so I do not have the discs to do a clean install of the OS I am running AVG anti-virus and have downloaded Malwarebytes neither have detected any infections Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

When I try to start it this comes up:

Any suggestions?

A:Can't enable Windows audio service on Windows 7

Not sure about this one but try going into safe mode and sign in on the administrator account and try it again.

Or try this sourced from another forum:

The Windows Audio service is dependent on other services, which are running. So, go to Start and type services.msc in the Search box. Then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run as a Administrator. Once it opens, go to Windows Audio service and double-click on it. It will open Windows Audio Properties page. Click on Dependencies. It will show something like Multimedia Class Scheduler, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. These are the Services. Ensure that all these services are running by checking in the list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-enable-windows-audio-service-on-windows-7.166099/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have my surround sound connected to my tv thru optical cable and my tv connected to pc by hdmi. When I configure sound in windows there are two options. The intel display audio and the realtek digital output. My soundbar doesn't have an hdmi option so I'm forced to use the optical cable. So when I try to configure the display audio, it only has the stereo option. Is there a way around this so I can configure 5.1 in windows?

A:Windows 7 5.1 audio

If you have Intel Display Audio, that is HDMI audio. With the TV connected via HDMI, you should be getting the audio via the HDMI and the optical shouldn't be needed.

You should be showing HDMI as the default audio playback in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Playback panel. If you click on the HDMI and the Configure there should be options for speaker type and be able to configure for 5.1, if its available.

The other option would be to install a separate Video card with HDMI and use that instead of the Video from your Intel CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/376252-windows-7-5-1-audio.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all Having issues with enabling audio on my PC This is following recent CPU and mobo upgrades I was using an EMU sound card but could not get that work Kept getting an error I- which lead to Windows audio XP a dead end since it asked me to find the install log file related to this hardware which doesn't exist when I do a search Seems all roads lead back to missing windows components So I switched to the onboard audio card for giggles but cant seem to get that to work either The software is loaded but getting no audio My hypothesis is that windows is missing Windows XP audio the WINMM WDM audio compatibility driver which will not load through add remove windows components or automatic update All devices are enabled in the device manager and have updated drivers at this time I would prefer to use my EMU card if anyone has an answer as to why that won't install PS the windows install disk was damaged and does not run so I cannot reload or repair install Ive been Searching the web for the multimedia audio driver as well as winmm wdm audio compatibility Windows XP audio driver but cannot seem to find it online Thanks heres the hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe E Programs Comodo COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Program Files ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe D Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Windows XP audio Monitor WMP Gv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe D Program Files ASUS AI Suite Q-Button QButton exe E Programs Comodo COMODO Internet Security cfp exe D WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Programs Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google co uk ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google co uk ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http updates installshield com GetUpdates asp p AF F -F F- - - AE E amp r amp v ISUA amp u amp l R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP D Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run amd dc opt D Hardware Utilities AMD amd dc opt exe O - HKLM Run RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot D Hardware Utilities Rivatuner RivaTuner v RivaTuner exe quot S O - HKLM Run DLBTCATS rundll D WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLBTtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run Dell Photo AIO Printer quot D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Quic... Read more

A:Windows XP audio

Do you get the same error message with both the card and the onboard audio? Is it a windows error or an error from the driver? So this started after changing the mobo? What MoBo is it? Is the EMU card PCI, PCIe... Have you installed any chipset drivers that came with the board?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-audio-388959.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Plz I need help. I have a laptop Acer Aspire 6920G and It was on vista. I backedup all my drivers using driver max, I installed Windows XP SP3 and then I installed all my drivers and none of them worked because they were designed to work on Vista, so I had to search for all my drivers. I finaly found all my drivers but I still cant find my audio drivers. Can any one help me? I been trying to find my drivers since wenesday! and Still nothing. I downloaded The Realtek HD audio drivers abd still I my computer dosent recognize the driver.

Plz help me. Thnx

Simn66

A:Windows XP - No Audio ?!?!?

maybe get driver genius pro or versiontracker pro

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-no-audio-396847.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Howdy

I have just installed windows 7 32bit on one of my desktop machines. I am basically updating the system from widows vista which at this time is loaded in my other hard drive. It is basically a dual boot at this stage.

The problem is I have no sound on my windows 7 OS but I do have sound on my vista OS on the other drive.

The windows 7 instalation is running perfectly otherwise but just no sound.

Device manager says all drivers are good.

Ive downloaded a windows 7 compatable audio driver from the Gigabyte web site and installed that but to no avail.

My speakers arent muted either.

I have clicked around most sound related menues on the system but cant work it out.

I dont know all system specs but it has 4 Gig of ram and it has a gigabyte EP45-UD3L mainboard, Nvidia GT440 Graphics.

Help apreciated.

Thanks

A:No Audio Windows 7

Right click on the speaker in your system tray, select playback devices, what is selected as the default with the green check?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/199176-no-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Having issues with enabling audio on my PC This audio Windows is following recent CPU and mobo upgrades I was using an EMU sound card but could not get Windows audio that work Kept getting an error I- which lead to a dead end since it asked me to find the install log file related to this hardware which doesn t exist when I do a Windows audio search So I switched to the onboard audio card for giggles but cant seem to get that to work either The software is loaded but getting no audio My hypothesis is that windows is missing the WINMM WDM audio compatibility driver which will not load through add remove windows components or automatic update All devices are enabled in the device manager and have updated drivers at this time I would prefer to use my EMU card if anyone has an answer as to why that won t install heres the hijack this log I am really eager to get this resolved if there is software that may be questionable but has no real bearing on the issue I will gladly remove it but I would prefer to stay on topic PS the windows install disk was damaged and does not run so I cannot reload or repair install Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe E Programs Comodo COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Program Files ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe D Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe D WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe D Program Files ASUS AI Suite Q-Button QButton exe E Programs Comodo COMODO Internet Security cfp exe D WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E Programs Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google co uk ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google co uk ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http updates installshield com GetUpdates asp p AF F -F F- - - AE E amp r amp v ISUA amp u amp l R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP D Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run amd dc opt D Hardware Utilities AMD amd dc opt exe O - HKLM Run RivaTunerStartupDaemon quot D Hardware Utilities Rivatuner RivaTuner v RivaTuner exe quot S O - HKLM Run DLBTCATS rundll D WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLBTtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run Dell Photo AIO Printer quot D Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot D Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program Files QuickTime Q... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-audio.838044/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I sitting around listening to music and I go no 7 windows audio to upgrade to when it s done I have no Audio at all I have installed the drivers from the hp site checked my hardware there is just no sound the odd thing is the computer thinks there is sound ther is no X over the sound icon in fact when windows 7 no audio play a song to try and make it work the green mixer bar moves like music was playing Along with the my head phone jacks also don t work I am truly stuck on this one Computer System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model HP Pavilion tx NoteBook PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Number Install Date Install Directory C Windows Locale English en - United States US DirectX version DirectX Motherboard Manufacturer Quanta Model F v Bios Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model F F Release Date Processors AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- AuthenticAMD Max clock speed GHz Socket Socket M S G Version Model Stepping Bios Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model F F Release Date Memory Total Current Physical Memory GB Total windows 7 no audio Current Virtual Memory GB Maximum Memory Capacity GB Memory Devices Type DDR- - Speed MHz - Capacity GB Type DDR- - Speed MHz - Capacity GB Video Devices ATI Radeon HD Graphics Resolution x Colour Depth Bits Refresh Rate Hz Sound Devices Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio Physical Disk Drives WDC WD BEVS- UST ATA Device Size GB Number of Partitions nbsp

A:windows 7 no audio

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...teID=1&DownTypeID=3&DownID=575&PFid=24&Conn=3

Direct link to realtek's drivers for win7. Download and install that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-no-audio.883471/
Relevancy 30.53%

GREETINGS ALL,

DOES  ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET THE SOUND BACK OWN  MY COMPUTER, IT JUST STOPPED WORKING ALL OF A SUDDEN.
I WENT TO SERVICES AND TRIED TO TURN IT ON BUT IT IS STUCK ON STOPPED.
I TRIED TO RUN A COMMAND PROMPT >>>> MSC/SCANNOW BUT TO NO AVAIL.

RAN THE TROUBLESHOOTER AND IT SAYS "BOTH WINDOWS AUDIO AND WINDOWS AUDIO END POINT BUILDER HAVE TO BE RUNNING FOR SOUND TO WORK PROPERLY".

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME ADVICE.

THANK YOU,

A:WINDOWS AUDIO

Start by opening services.msc and seeing if Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint are running and that the services are set to Automatic.

If you have other audio stuff installed, this may be interfering with it - so let us know what's installed (both hardware and software audio stuff).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579369/windows-audio/
Relevancy 30.53%

My computer doesn't output any audio. I don't know what caused it; I just can't get it to work. I have a dell inspiron n7110 running windows 7 64x. Any ideas?

A:No audio for windows 7

Hi teucer and Welcome to TSG.

Go into the Control Panel \ Realtek HD Audio Manager and make sure its turned on and up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-for-windows-7.1152839/
Relevancy 30.53%

Every time I go to open up an mp3 it doesn't play(it just won't start on Realplayer, the RP screen loads up but nothing actually plays, it just stands still)
When I try to get Realaudio it tells me it can't play and that the audio device may be in use by another application but there's no other device open that uses audio.
On Quicktime movies it'll play the video, it's just soundless.
Hope you can solve the problem

Relevancy 30.53%

Anyone else having issues with VERY low audio in Windows 10? Tried updating drivers for realtek and the such but I have to have everything up to 100% and it's still VERY low. Anyone found a fix?

A:Audio in Windows 10

Yes me and my friends had to go back to win7 pro..we tried win 10 several times and always lost our sound..What gets me Microsoft is going to stop support for win 7..Doesn't look like they care about Fixing win10 at all

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153881.0.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I just bought a new hard drive and put win7 rc 64-bit on it and I have absolutely no audio. The problem isn't the speakers because on the same computer on my xp drive all the audio works fine.

Relevancy 30.53%

how do we install audio for windows xp please reply

Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, just wondering can anyone help me fix the sound & audio on my laptop. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit & it's on it's 2nd Service Pack. A few weeks ago the sound & audio just went completely off my laptop. It worked for a day or 2 now it's gone again. The sound logo has an X over it now & when I put the mouse arrow over it it says ''No Audio Output Device Is Installed''.

The laptop had Conexant on it & I've been on numerous sites & forums but can't find a way to fix it again. The laptop is a Compaq Presario V6000.

If anyone can help it'd much appreciated as now my patients are being tested with the laptop & soon I think I'm gonna snap & end up firing it out the window.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/282633-fix-windows-audio.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello Today I booted up my computer like normal started itunes played some music and well no sound at all speakers on mute off volume no sound So far I have narrowed the problem down to Windows bit and the Windows 7 no audio sound drivers possibly I have an asus striker extreme motherboard This particular model of board doesn't have a built in audio card it came with a pci-e x supreme fx II So far I have done this to try to fix it hooked my ipod up to my speakers worked fine reinstalled my sound max audio drivers failed driver version AnalogDevices system restore failed moved it to the other pci-e x slot didn't work then I thought hmmm maybe my sound Windows 7 no audio card got fried somehow to test it I booted up a live cd version of ubuntu linux played some internet radio worked fine clear crisp sound the sound icon in the task bar has a red X on it if I click it it opens Windows 7 no audio the troubleshooter which tells me my audio device is disabled If I open start gt control panel gt sound sound options opens with playback recording sounds etc It shows speakers and spdif interface which are both enabled even after the troubleshooter told me they weren't I cannot test my speakers configure them or enable or disable them same thing for the recording devices such as mic and stereo mix I really miss my music can someone please help

A:Windows 7 no audio

Maddening issue yours, sorry to hear you have this audio problem.

Have you covered all the troubleshooting help in the link....

Let us know as others will drop by offering help I am sure.

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-no-audio-482276.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Good evening everyone nbsp I have recently acquired a new business laptop a fully Audio IDT 10 on Windows spec'd HP Elitebook Folio G core i GB RAM m with GB internal G modem FHD display NFC GPS biometric sensor HD webcam etc nbsp It was delivered with Windows Pro By upgrading rights I upgraded it to Win Pro Everything was fine after the upgrade but I don't like upgrades over older windows versions and therefore proceeded IDT Audio on Windows 10 to a clean install of W Pro So far so good but I have IDT Audio on Windows 10 question and major issue that I cannot get on with nbsp - Why is it that IDT Audio on Windows 10 in the brightness controls are still dependent of the HP Hotkey Software This is something that I cannot accept specially on a laptop of this range and business line gt k Other brands offer UEFI support directly Dell for eg nbsp - Having installed all the HP software pertaining to Windows for this specific G model and also having checked all the HP softpaqs website are up to date it came up as a surprise that there was no dedicated driver for the audio on Windows With the W Pro I had the IDT CODEC nbsp driver installed with lots of features On this W Pro setup it installs the HD Audio Codec from Windows update and shows me no more options This is really infuriating as several things come up due to this limitation nbsp The mute button won't change color if I press to mute The system will mute but the LED won't change color There are some controls such as EQ Type of speakers and power saving features that I cannot access on the normal windows audio menu and that I could tune on the IDT panel available on the W Audio is distorted using the Windows Driver most of the times To resolve this I tried upgrading the driver from windows upgrade I went to IDT to try to find some drivers but they either point me to the manufacturer or Windows update So I am left without option As a proof of concept I installed the Audio Driver of IDT for my laptop model and available from the HP website and successfully installed it bringing back the IDT on the device manager the IDT control panel as well as the LED Audio became fine with this driver forced installation What worries me is that the driver I forced is ancient with all the setbacks and compatibility issues it may bring and therefore I would like to see HP giving some attention to it because otherwise I will be delivering this back as I invested a lot of money on a couple of these for my company nbsp Best Regards Tommy

A:IDT Audio on Windows 10

I'm not sure why no Audio driver posted- could be an oversight or not. I will inquire to see if i can get an answer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-Audio-on-Windows-10/td-p/5701161
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey

I changed from XP to 7 will be soon. But what happens is that my 5.1 (T6100) only gives only 2 columns. Then I played around a bit and got to give the 5 columns, but columns from behind barely hear and have poor sound quality.

Any help?
Thanks

A:Audio 5.1 in Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by PanterA

Hey

I changed from XP to 7 will be soon. But what happens is that my 5.1 (T6100) only gives only 2 columns. Then I played around a bit and got to give the 5 columns, but columns from behind barely hear and have poor sound quality.

Any help?
Thanks

Hi PanterA, and welcome to Windows Seven Forums. We are glad you're here!

You need to recognize that even the Windows 7 RC, build 7100, is still in testing mode. There are many audio chipsets and not all have been added to 7 yet.

To help, we need to know what specific chipset you have. You need to go to your "User Control Panel" or "User CP" and fill in the "Edit System Specs". For audio, we need to know if you are using a sound card or onboard (on the motherboard) sound. Please post back with more info.

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/22620-audio-5-1-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi there, I've been fruitlessly downloading drivers for two months to try and get sound for Windows 7 on my Z60m 2529. Can anyone finally solve this one? Thanks! Duncan

Did you ever find a solution to the no sound problem?  I'm having the same difficulty with my z60m since I upgraded to Win7.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Windows-7-no-audio/td-p/266208
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Optiplex 755 SFF. I have installed Windows XP Pro 64 Bit with all of the DELL drivers that work fine - except the AUDIO. I have looked high and low for the right driver without success (ie: Dell, Intel, ID Device ID, etc.).
My Device ID is [Ven_11D4] [DEV_1984]. Dell tells me driver #R164899 is the one but when I try to install it says it does not support the hardware. I even know the manufacturer site but got no help.

Chip Number:
Analog Devices ADI 1984
Chip Description:
Analog Devices ADI 1984 Integrated HD Audio
Notes:
???????? ? ???????? | Dell ?*?????

Analog Devices, Inc.
3 Technology Way
Novan ari wibowo
Norwood, MA 02062
800-262-5643

Vendor Id: 0x11D4
Short Name: ADI
Web Site: Analog Devices | Semiconductors and Signal Processing ICs
Notes: Driver

Does anyone know where I can get a driver for this?

A:NO AUDIO FOR WINDOWS XP 64 BIT

The only audio driver I see is this Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-for-windows-xp-64-bit-694405.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I got the new update that came out like 1-2 weeks ago for windows 8 desktops and now my audio wont stay on. I have gone into device manager and turned on windows audio and it will come on but as soon as i do anything else on the computer (i.e open a webpage, open a folder or close a window) it turns itself off automatically. This is a serious issue which blocks me from talking on teamspeak or skype and watching videos or streams. Plz help me i have tried system restoring back before the update and everything works fine but i want my computer to be up to date. I have also tried to reinstall the drivers to no avail

A:Windows Audio

If you know exactly which update caused the problem then do a System Restore to a time when things worked, then run Windows Update manually but exclude the one update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-audio.1137655/
Relevancy 30.53%

I had a windows xp. I installed windows 7 without difficulty, but I cant get any sound the icon has a x on it. When I trouble shoot it .It says headphones are not installed they are. I have no idea what to do please help im desperate.......

A:windows 7 audio

Hello foxville142 Welcome to the sevenforums!

In order to help you out there with the sound problem a little general information will be needed on the system(desktop or laptop) you are running there as well as the 32bit or 64bit Windows 7 you are running in order to look up the driver support available. Make and model system, mother board for onboard if used, or the sound card installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14279-windows-7-audio.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey.

I'm trying to do something a little quirky but have been having a lot of issues getting it to work.

I have an external device that is outputing audio to my front panel mic header (which goes to my ASUS Xonar Xense). I have my sound card echoing the audio from the front panel input so I can hear it in Windows.

This works fine except for when I attempt to use any application that requires the use of my microphone (such as Skype).

Windows automatically disables the front panel input so I can't hear what's coming through.

I want to be able to use my FP input as well as my primary mic (connects directly into sound card).

Is this possible? I'm open to 3rd party software if Windows is unable to make it happen on its own.

Thanks,
David.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-audio-674841.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi there.

I have a firewire device for audio and when I use the vista drivers (nothing else works), I thought it was working ok, suddenly, even when opening one (1) software instrument, like a virtual instrument in Acid or Garage band only this is Nuendo and a EWQL device, it stutters, like there is too much CPU overhead.

I can load a dozen or so in XP, not one (1) can be loaded in windows 7. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone ran across this and if they had a solution.

The device is a MACKIE 400F in case you're wondering.

Thanks.

A:Using Windows 7 and AUDIO DAW?

Nice gear.

Open task manager while this is happening and look to see if it really is using 100% cpu or not. Is it?
Check the device manager and make sure it shows the midi driver is installed well for the Mackie.

It definitely seems like a driver issue that needs to be sorted.

Have you tried any other sequencers like Cubase or Sonar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11947-using-windows-7-audio-daw.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello Today I booted up my computer like normal started itunes played some music and well no sound at all speakers on mute off volume no sound So far I have narrowed the problem down to Windows bit and the sound drivers possibly I have an asus striker extreme motherboard This particular model of board doesn't have a built in audio card it came with a pci-e x supreme fx II So far I have done this to try to fix it hooked my ipod up to my speakers worked fine reinstalled my sound max audio drivers failed driver version AnalogDevices system restore failed moved it to the other pci-e x slot didn't work then I thought hmmm maybe my audio 7 Windows no sound card got fried somehow to test it I booted up a live cd version of ubuntu linux played some internet radio worked fine clear crisp sound the sound icon in the task bar has a red X on it if I click Windows 7 no audio it it opens the troubleshooter which tells me my audio device is disabled If I open start gt control panel gt sound sound options opens with playback recording sounds etc It shows speakers and spdif interface which are both enabled even after the troubleshooter told me they weren't I cannot test my speakers configure them or enable or disable them same thing for the recording devices such as mic and stereo mix I really miss my music can someone please help

You can try these drivers: Soundmax AD1988B Driver for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/83831-windows-7-no-audio.html
Relevancy 30.53%

after switching from Windows 8 to Windows 10 , no sound

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987350
Relevancy 30.53%

since my upgrade to windows 7 i cant get no audio at all using my hdmi lead the drivers are upto date also settings in bios are all right and the sound bar is moving up and down but no audio any ideas thank you

A:windows 7 audio

check windows sounds are set to the correct default

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-audio-519233.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I don t have any audio on on laptop The sound just goes off one Audio on No XP WIndows day and I m not sure what the problem is When I go into Device Manager I see no problem with the installed driver and it is updated as well I m using SoundMax Integrated HD Digital Audio I had SP but then tried downgrading to SP and SP I then took it to a computer technician to get it resolved He couldn t figure out what the problem was and reinstalled XP And it worked After a few days the problem re-occurred On re-installing the OS the problem was fixed I have a Lenovo Thinkpad R i It came No Audio on WIndows XP pre-installed with Windows Vista but I paid extra to be able to downgrade to XP The computer technician says that probably the problem - the m c was made for Vista and not XP But I ve had the laptop for yrs now and have not had any issues I also think this problem started occurring for the first time after I installed one of the Divx codecs and was using a couple of different music players I would sincerely appreciate any help with this I see most people have posted system information dumps I m not sure how to do this Please let me know if and what information you d like me to provide Thanks Nikhil

A:No Audio on WIndows XP

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.Can you please post a screen shot using Speccy?Here is the instructions on how to do this.Please make sure you edit out your Windows Product key before posting this screen shot!How To Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyGuide OverviewThe purpose of this guide is to teach you how to post your computer's specifications to the forum with minimal effort on your part. This is often helpful when troubleshooting problems, and the person helping you needs to see the details of your computer's hardware.Tools NeededSpeccy - First, you will need a program called Speccy. According to Piriform: "Speccy is an advanced system information tool for your PC." This is a very useful utility that every PC user should have in their arsenal.Instructions Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.I will be waiting for your reply.Kind regards.Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363606/no-audio-on-windows-xp/
Relevancy 30.53%

I can't get any audio on my Windows XP. I tried installing drivers, no help. Can anyone do anything for me?

Here's a picture of my device manager. Thanks ahead of time.

A:Windows XP no audio

Hi!

What's the make/model of your PC? (that's the easiest way to find the correct drivers)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-no-audio.994247/
Relevancy 30.53%

Here s audio don't like CDs.... Windows my prob There are some audio CDs that for me Windows will not recognize Some of these CDs are older ones that I burnt on my first burner like years ago Other CDs are newly bought commercially made CDs At the same time Windows will be able to read other CDs burnt with my first burner so it s not Windows don't like audio CDs.... a compatibility issue with that first burner Likewise other commercial CDs play just fine When I insert the disk it acts like it s reading After maybe seconds the drive light goes out and nothing If I try to explore the drive it shows there is no disk So why will some audio CDs work others won t And no there is nothing physically wrong with the CDs either as they will play in any other player I am running XP Home SP with a TDK DVD burner HOWEVER I also installed an older LiteOn CD-Rom to be sure it wasn t a drive issue This drive also would not play the CDs This leads me to suspect it is a Windows issue Beyond that I am lost HELP Thank you K nbsp

A:Windows don't like audio CDs....

Anyone have any ideas? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-dont-like-audio-cds.396049/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently purchased a new PC and I am lacking USB audio on my Razer Megaladon headset. I updated the firmware and the weird thing is that the microphone works but no audio at all. When i try to test the sound I get a "failed to play test tone" error. The device is set as default. And worked previously on my old PC. This seems to be a fairly common problem but I could not find any solutions so I decided to post here. Any help would be appreciated.

A:No USB Audio windows 7 x64

Hi mvedda,

Could you please provide your System Specs? That will enable us to better assist you.

Thanks,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/94557-no-usb-audio-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong spot but i upgraded a clean fresh copy of windows 7, and now my sound wont work.

It says No audio output device installed. |:

My computer is a Dell Latitide D810.

sorry for another thread and issue !
horrible at computers haha

A:NO AUDIO after windows installation

Quote: Originally Posted by angelinaxx

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong spot but i upgraded a clean fresh copy of windows 7, and now my sound wont work.

It says No audio output device installed. |:

My computer is a Dell Latitide D810.

sorry for another thread and issue !
horrible at computers haha

No prob bob! Glad to help if we can?

I am using a Dell Latitude D505, a little older than yours, so we should be able to get the sound to work?

First I would like to know if there are any devices with a yellow exclamation point! Click the start button and type Device manager to look for them, specifically we are looking at the "Sound, video and game controllers".

Please let us know what you find?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48281-no-audio-after-windows-installation.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been able to record streaming audio using Wavosaur and Audacity all these years on my Windows 7 32-bit machine. However, after I upgraded to 64-bit, though I can hear sound from the speakers, the apps do not register any recording signals. The VU
meters do not register anything! The waveform I do get is simply low-level noise, ie., silence with some hiss.

Attached is a screen shot of the Sound panel where I see two speakers. There should be only one and my headphones. Not sure where the second one came from. I have removed the PC Bus and rebooted, only to see the same situation return. 

TIA.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f91ebb8f-da1b-4100-8fd5-18e4461b189c/help-needed-with-audio-on-windows-7?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 30.1%

I have build version 10240, and still no fix for HP Beats Audio.  It is virtually useless at this point

A:Beats Audio on Windows 10

Greetings, It is possible to fix this problem. Takes a little patience. Try uninstalling the current driver using Control Panel, Device Manager. Tick remove driver from this PC. Reboot and see if Microsoft (MS) gives you a better driver. No? Find the latest HP driver for your PC (the one installed on your previous operating system version) , repeat above but install this driver. Then try updating the driver. There are many IDT chipsets and drivers. The one that worked for me was to remove the .6496. driver, install the HP .6486. driver (Win 8.1), and then update to .6504. using MS update. TomP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Beats-Audio-on-Windows-10/td-p/5222643
Relevancy 30.1%

The audio on my Windows 98 works fine -- most of the time. Depending on whether the audio icon is on the taskbar (at startup) or not, the sound will or will not work right. My computer will run for about 5 startups with the icon on the taskbar, then about 5 without the icon.
-When the icon is on the taskbar, all the sound works correctly.
-When the icon is NOT on the taskbar, there is no sound on the internet. Also, Winamp reports an error message and I am forced to use Windows Media Player. The error message says:

waveOut output v2.0.3 error
Error code: 7
Windows error message:
"MMSYSTEM007 There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more programs, and then try again."
This isn't a serious problem, just a bit annoying. Can anything can be done to fix it?
Thanks,

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-issue-windows-98.391906/
Relevancy 30.1%

Posting in Windows area because I believe this issue is related to the Audio section of the control panel not the software referenced later in this post I am currently using an Asus M a DE motherboard in my Windows machine The specs can be found here gt http www asrock com mb overview Audio Issue 7 Windows asp model m a de I currently have the board setup to output sound through the digital audio connection My problem Windows 7 Audio Issue is that when i try to hook up headphones they do not work The microphone Windows 7 Audio Issue on the headset operates normally but the sound just keeps playing through my surround sound system The manual located at http www asrock com mb manual asp Model M A DE states that I should use the software to change the stream processing to change this behavior but I am unable to do so in the Windows Control panel or the software In short i need to have headphone output without having to go in and manipulate my sound settings every single time I want to have surround or headphone output Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-audio-issue.1053258/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi everyone,

Earlier this week, I posted a request in the BSOD/Crash forum regarding problems on my Gateway 817GM Media Center running Windows 7. It was pointed out that errors were being caused by an out of date Realtek HD Audio driver, without which none of the audio devices on my computer will work.

Does anyone know where I can find an equivalent Windows 7 variant? A simple google search led to a driver that barely installed and resulted in another BSOD-- not an experience I care to repeat! Specs are listed in my profile, and thanks for the help!

A:Realtek HD Audio - Windows 7

Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads

check here for your sound drivers check that you have that mother board listed on the site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/178036-realtek-hd-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have reinstalled my Windows x today using a after 7 Windows No Audio reinstalling flash drive Once the installation was finished I immediately proceeded to AMD website to look for new drivers for my Radeon HD I installed them with ease in a few minutes computer rebooted and I was No Audio after reinstalling Windows 7 a happy camper until I tried going on YouTube when I realized my monitor was giving off no sound I never had any troubles with the sound it always worked properly before the reinstallation I have tried absolutely everything for the past hours I installed and reinstalled CCC beta version of CCC Realtek AMD HDMI googled for hours unplugged HDMI cables back in forth and must have restarted about times This is not the way I envisioned Windows reinstallation would be like I wanted to start from a clean slate instead I was given hemorrhoids I know a lot of people have had these issues and I tired following the steps they were given in other threads but to no avail Please help Pics

A:No Audio after reinstalling Windows 7

You do not have the correct sound drivers installed, from looking at what you posted. Windows 7 will install some drivers and Windows will usually just install generic sound drivers (High Definition Sound Device) but in most cases vendor specific sound drivers are needed. If you have RealTek audio then you need the PC vendor's RealTek sound driver (non-vendor RealTek drivers many times do not work). Same way with your video card, you need the Video card vendor's video/sound drivers for proper operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247984-no-audio-after-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

when i installed windows 8.1 pro 64 bit the audio not working and i install realtrek audio driver showing error code 10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d96ea3c-0ed0-4dd3-b00b-a446cb8c3bf3/windows-81-audio-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.1%

After upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 RC, there is no HDMI audio out from my HDTV any longer. It can display video, but just no sound. In Playback Devices, it show HDMI Output as "Not Plugged In". I got Sony Vaio Realtek audio card and Nvidia video card. My audio driver is up-to-date with Win 7, but why there is no sound??? Any suggestion?

thanks

A:No HDMI audio out with Windows 7

Go to control panel, choose to view either large or small icons (near top right), then click sound. Have a look there and/or post a screenshot.

Do you plug your tv into the video card out HDMI? Could be a video card driver issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/9050-no-hdmi-audio-out-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I updated from xp to windows 8 and since my sound blaster Audigy 2 has not been working...I tried everything by updating drivers etc... The problem seems to be I cant get my windows audio started in services... From looking around the solution is editing the audiosrv files but I don't know what to delete etc...Here is what they look like... http://www.eightforums.com/attachmen...ce-not-running
Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers,

Mark

A:No audio windows 8 preview

YOU CAN FIX IT BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW:1. Open cmd.exe with Administrator rights2. Type in: "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose"3. Restart your computer when the process completes4. TADA, your audio service now runs normallyThx for your attention!!

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/4328-no-audio-windows-8-preview.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently upgraded from the Windows release preview to Windows Pro When I first installed the release preview I had No Pro Audio in Windows 8 new install no audio Re-installing the audio drivers No Audio in new Windows 8 Pro install fixed that problem but not this time with Windows Pro I ve tried installing AC Realtek HD Intel HD and VIA audio drivers and none of those fixed my problems My PC is a custom build with the following specs Intel i - GHzGeForce GTX EliteGroup H H -M motherboard GB DDR RAM watt PSU TB rpm HDDIn quot Sound mixer quot when playing music I am getting audio activity but I cannot hear it through the front or back audio ports of my computer In quot Sound quot I see quot Digital Audio S PDIF quot - Active device quot Digital Audio HDMI quot - Disabled deviceI m sure my headphones are plugged into the correct ports And I have tried it with speakers as well so I know it s not my headphones Any solutions would be great EDIT I booted into Ubuntu to make sure it wasn t my motherboard and the audio DID work fine FIXED EDIT I finally fixed it after about hours I went to the EliteGroup website the manufacturers of my motherboard which is http ecs com tw and I looked for my specific mobo and downloaded the audio drivers for it Apparently the drivers I were installing previously only worked with the release preview of Windows

A:No Audio in new Windows 8 Pro install

I see you posted as I was researching this. I'll leave in case it helps anyone else. Thank You for reporting the outcomeRogerFrom hereSupport Microsoft® Windows® 8 Operating SystemSupport for the next version of Microsoft Windows - Windows 8So are you going to the ECS website for drivers?Drivers From here choose downloadsSpecial NoteTo support Microsoft Windows 8 OS, corresponding BIOS and drivers update are required. Please link to http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/ECS_win8/win8_bios.htmlThen you can download and install the drivers from here.Driver Name VIA High Definition Audio Driver Version v10.900a Release Date 2012/08/13 Update Description Special Note To support Microsoft Windows 8 OS, corresponding BIOS and drivers update are required. Please link to http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/ECS_win8/win8_bios.html File Size 126MB Support O.S Windows XP 32bit edition ; Windows XP 64bit edition ; Windows 7 32bit ; Windows 7 64bit ; Windows 8 64bit ; Windows 8 32bitI suggest downloading all the Win 8 drivers, The built-in ones are only so so.Hope this helpsRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479736/no-audio-in-new-windows-8-pro-install/
Relevancy 30.1%

0hi,

I am having a problem. i just recently installed a new system update for windows 8 and now my audio output is not working. i have re-installed all realtek audio drivers (my audio output for my MSI laptop). Additional info: in my playback devices none of the applications are being recognized (google chrome and Itunes, etc) can anyone help with this problem. URGENT!! thank you

A:Audio problem windows 8

If it's so urgent then why don't you uninstall Windows updates that cause troubles?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/65347-audio-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

So I have 3 questions:

1. Where can I find Microsoft Anna, Sam etc.. download

2. Can i just record audio from my gameing headset with a software (im useing camtasia)

3. What if I want to record both sound and video. will camtasia do that?

A:About audio recording (windows 7)

at point number 1; is this possible (Speakonia - CNET Download.com + Text-to-Speech Voice Download Guide) ??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/about-audio-recording-windows-7-a-664869.html
Relevancy 30.1%

need help please im running windows 7 and have realtek hd audio and need to set the sterio mix so that i can sing karaoke on paltalk but i can work out how to do it can somebody help me please

A:realtek hd audio and windows 7

IF it's available in your specific versions, go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound. In the Sound Panel click on the "Recording" tab. If the System Mixer is shown, Right Click on it and Select "Set as default device". If it is NOT shown, RIGHT click in an empty space on the panel and then LEFT click on "Show Disabled Devices". If this does not show the System Mixer it means the System Mixer is not available in your RealTek driver. Check with the PC or motherboard vendor to see if there is an updated driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61344-realtek-hd-audio-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay. So, I'm a gamer I play games. If I play a game with the in game audio on and I play music or a voice program like Skype/Teamspeak/Mumble the Sound crackles and breaks. If I disable the In game audio while playing music/skype/teamspeak/mumble it works fine No crackling at all. Just if I had the game audio with other programs open it crackles/cuts out.

A:Windows 7 Audio Breaking

PC Specs? Please fill in the "My System Specs". Helps us to try and help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/348813-windows-7-audio-breaking.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, there. I put a sound card in my computer today. When i tried to install it, during the setup process, it says that i need Windows audio drivers first before i can install the soundcard. I tried to figure this out on my own on the internet, but am very confused. Do you know of a web site and which Windows audio drivers i would need for a Compaq Deskpro, MultiSync A500, NEC? And is there any way i can figure out what i need without having to take the computer apart again and look at the motherboard? I would be so appreciative. Thank you!

Amy

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,
I was using Win Xp . I switched to windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. my motherboard is Asus K8V-MX , it is an old one , I tried many sound drivers but no use ... any idea ?

A:audio problem on windows 7

Hi jaimons,

My name is Maran and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

With Regards to your concern you can try the solution mentioned below.

? Download the zip file from driver from VIA website, unzip using Winzip or WinRaR.
? Navigate to Vinyl\drivers\Vista32WDM open Vinyl97.inf for editing
(How to Navigate, Once opened the Zip file click on Vinyl_v700 ?-- open Vinyl folder ?--- click on Drivers Folder---- click on Vista32WDM --- open Vinyl97.inf for editing.
? Once open the Vinl97.inf in a notepad scroll down to DEVICE CALLOUT SECTION
? Copy %*WDM_VIAudio.DeviceDesc%=WDM_VIAudio, PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_810D1043 & past the following Command between the others:
? Save the File in a folder on the desktop,
? To start the installation go to Device manager by right click on my computer, Properties Select device manager & right click on audio drive & select up-date drive, Browse to the folder that contains the Saved fil.
? Plug the speakers into the microphone (pink) jack. & restart the system.
http://www.phuket-data-wizards.com/blog/2010/05/21/asus-k8v-mx-via-ac97-sound-driver-for-windows-7-solved/

Regards
Dell-MaranL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/235806-audio-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys, so I did a fresh install of windos 7 pro (x64) on my desktop pc. But now the onboard audio isn't working. I checked the BIOS and saw it was enabled. Then I went to Asus's website and downloaded the recommended Realtek audio driver for my system and installed it. Still nothing. So I went into my device manager and tried updating the driver but it wasnt there. So I went to Action>Add legacy hardware, and manually installed the drivers. After the installation was completed successfully it said the driver couldn't start  (code 10). I tried multiple re-installs and restarts but to no avail. The motherboard is an asus m2a-vm. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Audio not working on windows 7?

Hi ehsan96696 and Welcome to the Bleeping Community Please post the desktop model next time. Did it worked prior to reinstalling Windows? Did you install the chipset driver first after the reinstall? Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539158/audio-not-working-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Guys

When I run Windows Vista x64 I have a Audio Lag. I was using my onboard audio with up to date drivers. I upgrade my audio to a Sound Blaster X Fi Fatality Series, download new drivers. But my audio still lagging when play music, video or gaming. Any Ideas ??????

PD. I only have installed the OS, drivers, Crysis and a few MP3s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-x64-audio-lag.829331/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just installed windows 7 (new install) on a Sony VGN-FE660G Everything works great besides the sound. I spent hours trying different things, enabling disabling reinstalling the sigmatel high definition audio codec(Driver). But nothing helps. Device manager says the driver is up to date and resent but no sound, please some help me with this!!

A:Audio not working with Windows 7

Welcome!

Are you sure you have the correct device set as Default in Sound?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/66260-audio-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

It seems as though SP1 may have killed my sound. I was playing music just fine during the download process, but once it restarted my computer and finalized the update I no longer have working sound. The sound is not muted, it is enabled, and I have the correct sound device selected. After all, I made no changes to that selection prior to restarting.

I'm running sound off my motherboard. It's an Asus Rampage Maximus II Formula. I've never had to update the driver, it simply worked.

Is it possible SP1 is to blame? Would doing a system restore to right before the SP1 was installed do any harm? Will it delete SP1 from my system as a result?

A:Windows 7 SP1 audio error

Have you attempted another restart?

There are times that drivers do not get fully updated until a second restart of Win7.

I had this happen with my Wi-Fi card - no Wi-Fi upon initial reboot but after subsequently rebooting, all of the drivers loaded famously.

Yes, if you do a restore to before you installed SP1, it will be uninstalled.

Is SP1 to blame? I doubt it but I've seen more issues here with SP1 than I had ever expected to see given my experience.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/146652-windows-7-sp1-audio-error.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ciao a tutti, come ? possibile che nonostante i driver siano installati correttamente l'audio del pc non vada? Usando Ubunto invece funziona tutto a meraviglia, quindi il pc non c'entra nulla. Potete darmi una mano?Grazie 

A:Nessun audio nel mio Windows 7

Translated from Italian.Hello to all, how is it that despite the drivers are installed properly the sound of the pc's wrong? Using Ubunto however it all works perfectly, then the PC has nothing to do.Can you give me a hand?Thank you

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155657.0.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,

I have just installed XP on my new hard drive, everything seems to be working except now there is no sound at all, I go to Audio/Sound in the control panel but it is grayed out and I cannot select device, I have updated the drivers and my sound works fine on my other hard drive that hosts Vista. Help me out here?

A:I just noticed my new Windows XP has no audio, need some help here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-noticed-my-new-windows-xp-has-no-audio-need-some-help-here.851730/
Relevancy 30.1%

Gday, I have a hp notebook i have recently reinstalled fresh windows 7 over windows vista not as an upgrade but as a complete new install the sound in windows 7 is amazing it sounds like you have a band playing in the room, I use this laptop mainly for my dj and use itunes to install or my songs, but i have noticed while playing these tracks occasionly there seems to be an audio glitch that comes through each song i play, only for 1 sec every 1 or two minutes very frustrating on such amazing sound, any ideas on how to fix or remove such a glitch problem, I was using ffdshow codecs but i unistalled them and that seems to have slowed the glitches down a bit, i am also using sandbox hd audio which when blended with 7's hd audio sounds amazing, your advice will be greatly appreciated regards Bender.

A:Audio glitches in windows 7

first suggestion I have to find out which sound card is in the laptop and then check with the manufacturer (HP) to see if they have an updated or beta driver available through their website. This solved it with my Compaq Cq60-211DX laptop with the W7 beta 6000 release... but after a fresh install of 7100 it was fixed so no need to do it again with the latest release for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14392-audio-glitches-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, so this has been bothering me for some time now.Whenever I close a program, any audio playing from said program, will go on a very short loop which stops whenever new audio gets played from any other program...Any ideas as to what this could be?My Windows 7 is not currently registered, however this problem started way later than me not registering Windows 7.Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 Audio Glitch

Try updating the drivers for your audio chip/card.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/windows-7-audio-glitch/18969.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I installed windows xp today off a cd and it has no sound, in sound properties no audio device can be detected. I think I need a driver what should I do?

I have the exact same problem as this guy http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/932281-no-audio-device.html
but when I went to the gateway site and used my serial to download the bios thingy I didnt know how to use it right and i saved and flashed, or whatever, and I still dont have a sound driver. Please help

Relevancy 30.1%

As the title suggests I am seeking a software solution that will add delay to the audio of a Windows computer Specifically Windows x but I imagine to Looking Delay for way Windows to a Add Audio the software architecture will be fairly similar for this specific use across modern Windows platforms To be clear I would like to hear the audio from my computer after a delay not any specific input or output - I want to delay the audio that I Looking for a way to Add Delay to Windows Audio hear from the computer What Looking for a way to Add Delay to Windows Audio could also work would be the ability to delay any individual program s or process s audio stream Modern Windows separates audio streams in its quot Mixer quot Utilizing this mixing architecture and specifically delaying one of those channels programs would be a good solution so a program that does this would be great to know about I ve done some research on this issue and I keep running into dead ends literally dead links I suspect this is because modifying or utilizing a computer s audio output stream directly can lend itself to illegal uses of such audio streams If you recall the quot What U Hear quot architecture that got removed from sound cards around the turn of the millennium any strong-arming or censorship of such programs would fall in line Obviously my desire is just to delay the audio as it is playing Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I was just using my earplugs on my Windows PC and I when I disconnected them, my audio stopped working.
I have a quad-boot of Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Release Preview, Windows Developer Preview, and Windows 7. Sound doesn't work on any OS but Windows 7. When I play music on the Music app in Windows 8 the app crashes. Also, when connecting HDMI, sound works but Music app still crashes. Please help!!!!
[UPDATE] Music app has stopped crashing.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/10244-windows-8-pro-rtm-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have two computers. A desktop that has all my media and a school laptop that really doesn't have much on it. However sometimes I want to go on my laptop and listen to music. Since it has just an SSD I don't really want to load it up too much. So I would like to access that music that is on my desktop.

I would like to know how I could possibly do it. Would I have to map a network drive? Or do the shared music folder? Also how secure is it? I would be doing all this under wireless internet that is secured using WPA2-AES I believe.

A:Can I use Windows 7 as an audio server?

Sure, you can. Using a computer like that is actually called a "file server". All you have to do is to create a file share on the server, and put all the music files there. Every computer with proper access can play directly from it. From other computers you can map a drive for ease of access or access the share directly.

About security, there aren't that many risks if you're using just from local network. On the server, give read, maybe write, permission to some local user there, put a good password on it and it will be asked when you try to connect first time. For local networks it works well (but if you want access over internet the history is different). WPA2-AES is quite strong encryption too. The weakest point is possibly the wifi itself, but as long as you have a good password on it you'll be fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251055-can-i-use-windows-7-audio-server.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok I've HD as Not 8.1 was VIA loud it in as Windows Audio 10) (Win been having this problem for several months now I have scoured multiple windows forums chat groups and the like looking for a solve But no avail Someone from another community actually told me to come here to you folks So here I go again I have windows home edition bit Build I am running an AsusTek RoG Gaming Laptop that uses VIA HD Audio I have all the updated drivers have downloaded multiple different codecs Uninstalled re-installed gone into bios setting pretty much everything And my sound -isn't- as loud as it was with previous versions of Windows I've gone into setting and enhancements When I actually test the speakers sound the left speaker is sorta low the right is really high The problem is when I open any video file music file the sound absurdly drops to a whisper VIA HD Audio (Win 10) Not as loud as it was in Windows 8.1 even when the video player volume is running as high as it can go Now this only works for video music files If I run a game the sound is amazing This only happens with Windows Media Player Media Player Classic Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this I'm about ready to just go back to Windows I have also included a dxdiag txt to help out if it helps

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47587-via-hd-audio-win-10-not-loud-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hey i have windows XP and its on a inspiron 6000 and the headphone jack doesnt work anymore. and the hardware is fine and i just updated the driver so if you can help thanks in advance.

A:Windows XP Audio Problem

Is your computer inbuilt speaker getting sound?
Try any other headphone with same headphone jack. If problem not resolved, then you should consult your hardware vendor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-audio-problem.813385/
Relevancy 30.1%

Windows XP, Service Pack 3, HP 1440 MCE

I have discovered that the windows audio service is stopping after I reboot each time. I can run services.msc and 'start' the service, but it will eventually stop itself again or when I restart the machine. I can't seem to find out why this is happening. I'm wondering if other services are being affected as well.

Could someone advise me on this?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-audio-service.828595/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys Alright i just upgraded to this Msi P A-GD Motherboard I went to go stream live video from xfire to livestream and realized that it needs an audio Audio Windows mixer 7 mixer to broadcast the in game sound So I Rightclicked on my audio icon and on the playback I right clicked and hit Show disabled and disconnected devices Nothing else showed up There is no Hardware sound card for this board its on board and the driver only says Realtek HD Audio I searched everywhere and ran out of solutions I am using my Logitech G as my gaming headset even with that turned off and unplugged there is no audio mixer option Ive tried reinstalling the realtek drivers for this board and it didnt fix it or add the feature Is ther a way to get it up and running or a rd party software or driver to correct this Here is the link the Msi for my board http www Windows 7 Audio mixer msi com product mb P A-GD html I am running Windows Ultimate updated PLease help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423852/windows-7-audio-mixer/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a Windows Media Audio/video playlist clip in My Documents. I saved the attachment there from an email/attachment. I`d like to put it on a disc but itwon`t do it because of the format. Do i have to convert the format and if so how would i do it and to what format.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-audio-465708.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi
Im running on windows 7 and for various reason ive recently reinstalled the OS and ive had difficulties with the windows audio services. It turns off on its own, and when i do set it to manual and start it it turns back to automatic and stops when i attempt changing the volume. Ive checked all the dependencies and they were all turned on. I have also scan the computer for viruses and what-not and have done all windows updates. My event log service also doesnt seem to want to stay on. Is it a general service bug? Do you guys have any idea how i could fix this?
I really dont feel like reinstalling windows again, i just got everything reinstalled.
Your help would be much apreciated.

A:Windows audio service

This is caused by a browser addon of malware. Most Anti-Virus and Malware software do not catch it.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool, Run it. A DOS window appears, press any key. It will automatically start scanning.
After that, download ADWCleaner, Run it, Install it, Scan, leave everything checked, Clean. The computer will automatically restart. Both programs show a Text document when they are done showing you what they have removed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-audio-service-937250.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a HP Pavillion dv laptop with Windows bit installed Lately I have been having issues with audio on the computer Sometimes but no always when I shut off or restart my computer the audio will not work when i turn it back on Over the last couple weeks I have been leaving it in sleep mode and if I had to restart it and the audio stopped working I would system restore and the Help: Audio problems 7 Windows with problem would be fixed temporarily A few hours ago a Windows update was forced onto my computer and it restarted after the update was applied As usual the audio Help: Audio problems with Windows 7 stopped working so I tried to do a system restore I tried restoring to different restore points and I know that the audio was working at each of these three points however I cannot seem to get audio back on my computer More info about the problem ATI High Definition Audio Device When I go into device manager it says that the device is working properly When I try to update driver it says I have the latest version installed There is no yellow exclamation mark next to the device in device manager Audio does not work and interestingly if I try to play a song in Media Player I get an error C D B and it says the file cannot be played Also if try to watch a youtube video I get no sound obviously and the video is extremely choppy even if I let it buffer fully Applications still all run perfectly there is just no sound My computer did not have this problem when I first bought it I would be happy to provide more specific system specs if needed I really appreciate any help with this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-audio-problems-with-windows-7.910677/
Relevancy 30.1%

I put windows 7 operating system on my compaq presario sr5110nx computer. Everything works great except I dont have a audio device. I ve even installed a sound card. I get speaker pop when I connect my speakers but nothing after that. what can i do to get an audio device? THX.

A:no audio device on windows 7

Install Win7 compatible drivers for the sound card, and disable the onboard sound card of the computer through BIOS/"Setup". (Usually something like Integrated Peripherals -> Onboard sound/Sound Codec/etc, then disable it...)
Preferably disable the onboard sound card first to avoid conflicts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-on-windows-7.872665/
Relevancy 30.1%

Somehow I stopped it. How do i start it again?

A:Windows Audio Service

Howdy,

Go Start then Run type services.msc then click OK

Look down the list for Windows Audio...double click on it and Start it and in the Startup Type choose Automatic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-audio-service.532533/
Relevancy 30.1%

After having some issues, I reinstalled Windows 10.  Now my sound is very low even when set to 100%.  I have tried all the common fixes - setting drivers to High Def Audio, disabling/enabling enhancements, etc.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am supposed to have Beats Audio on my laptop but it was never reinstalled. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Very low audio after reinstalling Windows 10

Hi, The amd HD driver is related to audio over an hdmi connection - the idt audio driver I linked to in my previous post is for your notebooks internal speakers and should also provide the Beats gui. Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, if you now see the Beats symbol, open this and check that it's enabled. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Very-low-audio-after-reinstalling-Windows-10/td-p/5807535
Relevancy 30.1%

I seem to be having an audio issue related to the operating system because before my upgrade from Windows Ultimate to Windows this Pro 8 Audio Problem Windows was never Windows 8 Pro Audio Problem an issue To be honest no error pops up but I can describe what happens In short the audio cuts off at various moments no matter what I'm doing If I'm watching a video on youtube it'll be fine IF the audio doesn't just suddenly quot stop quot If it does then it does Weird Windows 8 Pro Audio Problem I know but I don't have any errors to go by If I'm playing a game like Battlefield the audio will be fine if the audio doesn't just quot stop quot But when it does I can't get the audio to work until I restart the whole game If I stay in the game and Alt-Tab to Playback Devices under Sound Settings I can test the audio and it'll play the test sounds just fine I'm using a Logitech F wireless headset fully charged and everything I'm not sure what other information I can give that would help so do ask if you need any clarification Thanks in advance Windows 8 Pro Audio Problem

A:Windows 8 Pro Audio Problem

Not all manufacturers have Windows 8 drivers written and tested yet. It was only yesterday that I found that my sound card's driver was out of Beta. Go to both your sound card's (or computer's, if you have an OEM system) manufacturer's website and also your headset's manufacturer's website to see if they have Windows 8 drivers.

Also, check for a loose connection. Do you have speakers you can use? If so see if the sound cuts out with them. If it doesn't your headset, its wiring, or connector may be faulty (or, if wireless, the transmitter or receiver).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-pro-audio-problem-681758.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I updated From WIndows 7 to Windows 10 in March; on board sound system worked fine at that point. Since one of the updates this summer (July 12, I think, though it could have been later), the internal speakers do not work; the computer does not recognize the presence of internal speakers (only external speakers and microphone). I have tried using  Device Manager to update drivers: sound and audio controllers--HD Audio device--runs the update and says my drivers are up to date (but only registers the external speakers). I have tried searching the HP site for the driver compatible with my setup--no luck.  Can you either help me get to the driver link or suggest another solution? Is it possible to recover and use (e.g.) the driver that I had for Windows 7? or another earlier operating system? THANKS!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Audio-Not-working-after-Windows-10/td-p/5759627
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all~

I'm a solo recording artiest, and I have two different speaker set ups, one HD 5.1 which I have plugs into the 4 color coded jacks in the back (I use this set for it's 12inch subwoofer and mid-range quality checks), and one HD JVC duel speaker set up (which I use for it's tweeters and good vocal quality).

With both Windows 2000, and XP I have no problem playing audio through both speakers at the same time. Now, it only plays through the "Default" speaker setup which you choose. I searched through all the settings I could find in the audio options and have found no sign that Windows 7 is even able to use two devices at once (which is an epic fail)... Can anyone help me out?

A:Can Windows 7 use two audio devices at once?

What you want is something like in my system specs to offer you a favorable resolution to your dilemma. Multiple outputs from one device with different bus mixes available. Used with app like Sonar or Cubase, is fantastic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33877-can-windows-7-use-two-audio-devices-once.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My System
Model: HP Envy m6 1215tx
Processor: Intel Core i7 (3rd Gen)
Graphics: AMD Radeon
Audio: Beats Audio

Okay, it seems bit odd replying on an old thread for a new problem. I had Beats audio issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1 but I managed to fix them by simply updating the driver and BIOS and then everything was going good for me until then Windows 10 update came. After updating my PC to Windows 10 again I am having issues with Beats audio. This time again I tried updating drivers and BIOS but nothing helped.

A help would be appreciated. :-)

A:Windows 8.1 Beats audio

Hi, Based on the following link, Windows 10 will find the right update for you:    http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-PC-series/5330543/model/5384809 Unfortunately, Beats has been bought and new owner probably won't release drivers for Windows 10. You can see new HP machines with Windows 10 now won't have Beats but have B&? Please try:      http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59861.exe or try the following discussions:     http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Sound-or-Beats-Audio-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/517... Good luck.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-8-1-Beats-audio/td-p/5605181
Relevancy 30.1%

My computer recently crashed and needed a new mother board, best buy replaced the mother board but when i got it back, the audio did not work. I am running a bootlegged copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on a HP Pavilion dv2000...i tried to update the driver but when i went to the drive manager the was no audio drive to update, only the WebCam driver. Please Help...thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 Audio is not working....Please Help

Hi and welcome to TSF we cannot help with illegal software as per forum rules please read them for the future http://www.techsupportforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-audio-is-not-working-please-help-485445.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I had no issues with the audio before I upgraded to windows 10. I could connect my Bluetooth headset and the audio would work. I would connect my desktop to my tv using a 3.5mm cable and it would work just fine. Now the only way I can listen to audio is with me connecting my fiber optic cable to my surround system. I have tried to download the drivers that are for my computer but I keep getting an error. Half way through the installation it tells me" the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2753." Can someone help me out with this problem. Thakn you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-audio-after-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5730943