Windows Support Forum

Printer network delays

Q: Printer network delays

It seems that when people print at my office, there the print randomly delays which backs up the print queue. All PC's & printers are hard wired. The printers are on a printer server. I tried restarting the print spooler, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Printer network delays

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Printer network delays

The printers are on a printer server.Click to expand...

Power cycle the print server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-network-delays.194666/
Relevancy 58.48%

My in-laws computer running windows professional 2000 with a Lexmark Z52 ink jet prints normally and quickly when printing from anything in My documents such as notepad or word. however, when highlighting even small amounts of text on the Browser (Explorer), the status window hangs for quite a long time and then prints and prints normally.
Uninstalled and then re-installed the program, but no change. Any suggestions?
thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-delays-printing-online-fast-for-hard-drive-docs.512716/
Relevancy 56.76%

The problem exists accessing my Vista system from any Windows or Windows XP system on my network and does not present between Windows or XP systems If I access a shared resource a drive printer etc on my Vista system from any of accessing Delays in across network system Vista my or XP systems there is a -second delay before the Vista system responds Example I go to Network Neighborhood and click on the Vista system It takes a full seconds before the hour glass goes away and the shared resources appear The length of time is very consistent and will happen twice in a row if I try it again immediately after closing the Network Neighborhood window The result is also the same if I do it from a Delays in accessing Vista system across network quot Search quot window Can this be remedied All systems are running P socket- -GHz CPUs and either or Gig of RAM The vista system has -Gig RAM as does one of the systems but the result is the same on all systems As a test I used XCOPY to copy some files from the XP and systems to the Vista system just to see if I would get any error or delay The XCOPY went beautifully and instantly This XCOPY test was done after a shutdown and restart on both the Vista and and XP systems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delays-in-accessing-vista-system-across-network.801925/
Relevancy 55.9%

this is related to issues i've been dealing with for a while.
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/955257-windows-7-computers-not-appearing.html

it seems it somewhat improved. but here is still this behavior:

the Windows computers have 3 mapped drives from the server to access WORD 2007 files. In most cases the browsing is fast and swift as well as searching in them. Then on occasions. estimated 2 of 10 times the spinning wheel will appear and the windows file explorer would hang for about 10-20 sec or so. then the file will open fine.

what might be causing the delay ? what can i can check ? all PC's have fixed IP addresses.

the network:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-network-browsing-delays-with-mac-file-smb-server.963511/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having an issue with Network lag, it appears that once I connected to our network today, all office apps and printing seems to be taking forever. We have one domain that is maintained at our datacenter and we connect via Terminal Services. We do have routers at all our locations to connect to our datacenter but we all access our information via RDP so we can keep everything centrally located at the datacenter.
We do have a local DC so we can have local logins and printers to help with speed, but it appears that we still have lag throughout the network. Are there any free recommended window tools to help monitor that anyone could recommend? Just not sure why we started having these delays, I have checked backups and virus scans. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Outlook and other delays on network...monitoring tools?

I guess I should have done some searching before posting. I did find information regarding wireshark. I have used this before(ethereal) and it gave alot of information but I was not able to use it very effectively. I will go through the wireshark website and see if I can't create a setting that helps with my current issue.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-and-other-delays-on-network-monitoring-tools.831724/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.
* Had a Microsoft support dude to look at the issue, but he has no idea either.

A few of my pilot users has also experience the same issue. Any ideas anyone?

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m an intern at a non-profit for the summer and was given my own webpages printer list printer printing in up when Network showing not little office The small problem I have is with trying to print webpages specifically the format that a page would be when you try to print off google maps When printing in other programs such as office I can select which printer There are network printers that Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages print double sided that are desktop units in other people s cubes and that is the fax machine However when printing off a webpage I am only Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages given two options quot MS Office Document Image Writer quot Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages and quot Microsoft XPS Document Writer quot How can I make any of the other printers availible show up when I m trying to print a webpage The tech guy is covering about other jobs and told me I m free to fiddle add edit system stuff on my machine I tend to be pretty good about most things but am not experienced with networking Any help would be appreciated let me know if any clarification is necessary I m running Windows XP all current updates have been installed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys Kind of annoying problem here I have an HP LaserJet hooked up via USB to a Mac that is running Leopard For the printer s first years or so everything was great I could get new computers set up to print to the printer with no troubles until recently Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows and wanted to get the printer working again I Roll Printer Network Drivers for Printer? Back attempted to install Roll Back Printer Drivers for Network Printer? the printer using the HP LaserJet PCL printer drivers It connected to the printer alright but every time I printed it came out with a PCL XL Error quot Error UnsupportedProtocol quot instead of my document Now every time I try to connect a new computer Windows or Windows XP doesn t matter the printer automatically installs the PCL driver for the printer which always prints out an error instead of the document I want I can t find a way to manually choose the driver when I m adding it because it s a network printer not one that s locally hooked up I tried installing the PCL driver manually but the printer still ONLY wants the PCL driver that gives me the errors I tried to go to quot Server Properties quot while in Printers and Faxes to roll back the PCL driver but Windows can t find a driver to roll it back to Now if I physically hook the printer up to the computer via a USB cable it installs the PCL Driver and it works but that s only when it s plugged directly in I m extremely frustrated and would like any guidance anyone can give me Thank you so much for your help in advance Christian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roll-back-printer-drivers-for-network-printer.882040/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a hp computer connected to a wireless linsky router and printer server. The computer starts printing for a while then it stops. When I look in my print jobs it shows the info is waiting to be printed and sometimes it says printer paused. The only way I can get it to print the jobs listed is to restart my computer and it automatically prints all the jobs. Also, if I go in to cancel the jobs it will not print anything until I restart.

A:Network printer stops printing/ or says printer pause

How are you connected? By what sort of network and what is the device in the printer to which you plug the network card.
This is fairly common in our area with those using Belkin Wireless.
But we find that most clients are not properly connecting everything in the network... using the Microsoft and HP network troubleshooting usually cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-stops-printing-or-says-printer-pause.121714/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have an HP Business Inkjet 1200 printer conected to a Win98 computer. There is access to it from several computers some have W98 some W2000 OS. All except (unfortunately my ) computer, W2000, cannot connect to it, giving error message "The data area passed to a system call is too small", corresponding to Error 122 = ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER. I tried to uninstall all printer drivers, I deleted all HP printed related keys in registry, all HP related .inf filed from inf folder and tried to install this only printer, still get the same error. Does anyone had similar problem before or have idea to solve the problem ?

Thank you,
Sabri Iskit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-printer-coulnt-connect-to-a-network-printer.436499/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer but the HP 1320 Network Printer is a no go using current HP Help Site Drivers...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Doug

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Win 8 64 bit
celetron 1.8 ghz 4 gb ram

A:Win 8 64 bit Printer Driver for HP 1320 Network Printer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by artision

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer

Do you mean you installed the Universal Print Driver ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/win-8-64-bit-printer-driver-for-hp-1320-network-printer-726321.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Here is the deal I am running Windows XP SP on my home tower custom built The tower is hardwired to a Linksys WRT GS Solved: office ready not Network printer home network will to connect router The tower does not have a wireless NIC There are a few other computers that access this small network at various Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network times The router is using WPA-PSK encryption Wireless MAC address connectivity is enabled I bought an HP NW Laserjet printer and tried connecting it to the wireless network using the enclosed getting started guide I initially tried connecting it in ad hoc mode because I believe this is what I should use in my home office No dice Nothing was recognized The only printing success I got was when I hooked an Ethernet cable directly to the router After unplugging the cable I had no luck printing wirelessly even though I tried also configuring the installation for infrastructure mode where the printer was recognized but still would not print once the cable was removed I have taken the printer s MAC address and added it as a trusted endpoint in both my router s configuration table and in my firewall Norton Internet Security However that has also not helped Some advice I have read is making sure QoS is disabled on the router and also making sure that the SSID and pass key for the printer match that of the router It should be easy to make these changes to the printer but I cannot access the embedded web server in this printer to make these changes Also one source said to make sure the printer is on the same subnet as the router I only have one subnet in my network and that is the xx xx range of addresses that I use for two of my laptops with wireless NICs and a third Dell tower with a Linksys wireless NIC Any ideas on what else I can try I am pretty much out of ideas Thanks Elizabeth K nbsp

A:Solved: Network ready printer will not connect to home office network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-ready-printer-will-not-connect-to-home-office-network.581074/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
One domain user recently can't see network drives and use printer. When you join a domain it automatically maps those drives and ads that printer, and it did, but now it is all gone. You can't even see disconnected drives in My computer. I am able to ping
those drives, but that's it. And this occurs only on one computer on one user. If log in to different user on that computer everything is fine and if I log in with that user on different computer it also works. Tried looking for disabled services, but couldn't
any that would be turned off from the most important (Workstation, Network location awareness, Network list service). Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfdf0bb8-f959-472b-90da-7dbe588fa0ed/domain-user-cant-map-network-drives-and-print-on-network-printer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I added a printer to my network printer - network mapping with Problem location network hp c via ethernet cable But problem accords when I try to map a network location card reader in or sth like that is used to read SD xD ms cards used in cameras from which I d like to copy images files in explorer Problem with mapping network location - network printer without extra software from HP After I installed drivers for printer it automatically map a network location but when I try to Problem with mapping network location - network printer open it or connect to that location I get an error quot Access code is invalid quot The Problem with mapping network location - network printer network path is quot Memory card quot I copied this link in to my internet browser in this case its g Chrome and I was able to connect to the network location Its strange because all of XP based computers can easily connect problem is only with windows based computers Somewhere I found that this could be repaired with changing below Quote Open the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel Open the Local Security Policy Select the Security Option under Local Policies Choose Send LM amp NTLM responses in Network security LAN or in reg Quote In Windows we can set the following Registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Contr ol Lsa LMCompatibilityLevel to But this solutions dont work in my case Does somebody know hot to fix this and what is causing it Ty for reply

A:Problem with mapping network location - network printer

Do you have a lot of pictures on your memory card? Or is the memory card near its max limit?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/68666-problem-mapping-network-location-network-printer.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey.
Recently my other computer has stopped being able to access my files on this computer through the network, and stopped having access to the printer. This computer can still access files on the other one, through the network, so im not quite sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi those problem were discussed here but separately and none of the solutions were not helpful I am posting this again since I think those two problems are connected So when I start computer I will call it comp my network drive is offline just as network printer Mapped network drive is actually my physical drive D and printer drive network and network offline mapped it is mapped as Z since I have three comps in my small office and it is used as storage for all comps When I open win explorer I get my mapped drive mapped network drive and network printer offline crossed with reds So I have to click on it to wake it up Second problem is with printer which is always offline and I have to turn off on his wifi to get it connected again to my comp Printer is HP officejet and is connected to the network router using WiFi Comp runs win pro with all the latest updates Second comp has the same OS while third one has win Both comps and has mapped the same drive as mine comp Interesting is that those two when turned on has printer and mapped drive online So problem is only with comp that actually has that drive physically in its own system

A:mapped network drive and network printer offline

Hi!
here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...&prof=required

I got this advice:

Here is the code:

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)
Reboot

That has solved my printer problem, but offline mapped drive remained as problem.
Today I tested one more thing.

I mapped drive on comp#2. So now on comp#1 there are mapped drives Y: and Z:. Z: is actually map D: on comp#1 and Y is drive on comp#1.

I restarted comp#1 and Y: was online while Z: was not.

Interesting that comp#1 connects to mapped drives from another computer, but not to it's own mapped drives.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58478-mapped-network-drive-network-printer-offline.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This morning I installed an optional update from Windows Update. It was Ralink Technology WLAN 802.11 wireless LAN card.

Since then, when I try to print to my wireless network printer, the network would disconnect then come back on after a while. The update shows up in Update History as successfully installed but not in the installed updates. System restore is of no help here. The network configuration page shows normal. The web does not appear to be affected. I made a new network connection for the printer but it did not help.

Is there a way to reverse this update or should I uninstall the 802.11 LAN card and let windows re-install anew.

The printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600e

A:Random network disconnect to wireless network printer

You can go into device manager -right click the network card and roll back the driver - then search for this in windows search - "change device installation settings" and select never let windows install driver updates - also hide the driver in windows update - that should do it - if it still installs u can turn off a setting in maintenance - from memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21201-random-network-disconnect-wireless-network-printer.html
Relevancy 44.29%

First of all, THANKS for looking! Here's my quandry:

My wireless router is in the living room. My printer (which is networkable but not wireless) is in the study. How can I print from a laptop that is on the network wirelessly to that printer? (without walking the laptop over to the printer and using the USB cable)

I was thinking of adding another wireless router over by the printer and plugging the network cable into the router and printer. The router would not have any other network connection (wired) and set the router as an access point only.

Would that work? Probably not but figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks again for your help.

A:Solved: Printing to Network Printer via Wireless Network

If you are able to use the wireless router in bridged mode to connect to your wireless router in the living room then it should work yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-to-network-printer-via-wireless-network.800417/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've just had a new PC built for me for the first time rather than build share 64 New Network install & others printer, SMB W7 issues? -network it myself I aid a local shop and it's a pretty nice machine They got windows up and running when I got it back and lugged it in I don't even remember it asking about whether my network was home work or public I may be mistaken about that A lot New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others of the networking is fine by adding 'everyone' to the share and joining the same homegroup as my laptop I managed to get each to see their desktops so I'm up and running with most of my workflow But there's a couple of things not quite right about the network I've got a Xerox Phaser network printer It's got a simple 'walk-up' installer where you get the windows software into listening mode and then on the printer's menu initiate the connection This doesn't find the printer Even choosing the manual option of inputting the ip won't find it So I've had to connect it with USB not the end of the world but shows that something's not right I have a lot of media on a dlna server in my home Setting up kodi to find it the SMB devices didn't show the host Though manually typing the IP in this case did find it Lucky I knew the IP Weird And trying to FTP to my website fails too It says quot EAI FAIL - Nonrecoverable failure in name resolution quot Yet the same settings on my laptop imported from the laptop connects fine Surely there's something not quite right Is there a way to reset all the network connection settings to default 'out of the box' settings

A:New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others

OK, I just rethought it a little and added filezilla to the firewall exceptions list. Now t's working! I wonder if the same would fix the printer issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376763-new-w7-64-install-network-issues-network-printer-smb-share-others.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Around year ago i connected my printer xerox via ethernet and Accidentally printer recognis IP now network 192.168.2.255 network won't assigned cable to my Belkin g router subnet DHCP On with range -- gt At the time the printer as dynamically assigned a particular IP address which worked fine and i would Accidentally assigned network printer IP 192.168.2.255 and now network won't recognis type that IP address to go into printer Accidentally assigned network printer IP 192.168.2.255 and now network won't recognis s config page I was stupidly playing around with settings and change IP assignment to STATIC and IP address to Network printing has never worked since Only USB which Accidentally assigned network printer IP 192.168.2.255 and now network won't recognis isn t much use in a house with laptops and everyone working at one time I know now that is already used by network for things like network requests ARP things etc which is why the network doesn t recognise the printer And of course as a result i can t get onto the config page to change it back cos it can only be accessible through which isn t recognised by the network I tried EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET I changed the subnet to and DHCP range from -- gt to see if the printer would appear in this new scope Didn t work Tried connecting from laptop directly to printer via ethernet cable and manually configure laptop IP as random one and the gateway address to that of the printer Didn t work either Even tried a SetIP facility used by Xerox to change the address of printer by typing in it s MAC address while trying the previous things Didn t work I m completely stuck Please help Thanking you all in advance P S i did try to call Xerox but the indian call centre didn t understand what the problem was after minutes of misunderstandings and transfers from dept to dept before they eventually told me to piss off cos it s not under warranty any more ha ha nbsp

A:Accidentally assigned network printer IP 192.168.2.255 and now network won't recognis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-assigned-network-printer-ip-192-168-2-255-and-now-network-wont-recognis.911046/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am looking to connect a laptop running vista to a network printer. The printer is connected to my desktop running XP. My laptop with xp has no problem printing to it. I cant seem to get the vista laptop to work. When i attempt to add the printer to the vista laptop..it seems to identify it, but it's connection is denied. Is this a firewall issue? Is this a driver issue?

I also can't seem to connect this vista laptop to the network for file sharing etc. Maybe the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Connecting Vista Laptop to network and network printer

have a read here
PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/12/windows-xp-and-vista-on-lan-together.html

and here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/664992-print-vista-laptop-shared-printer.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-vista-laptop-to-network-and-network-printer.953766/
Relevancy 43.86%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp We are migrating from XP to Windows and using USMT offline to migrate user settings etc Network completed printer check 0x00000709) not be printer Double sure "Operation (error name is and the connected Printers could that the network." the make to printers are migrated but on the users first login if the user tries to set their default printer they receive the following error message - quot Operation could not be completed error x Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network quot nbsp nbsp The printer is in fact installed and it is possible to print a test print just not set the default printer The issue is resolved by restarting the print spooler or logging out and back in or rebooting or re-installing the printer so nbsp is only an issue during the users first login nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there a way this can be quot fixed quot nbsp or mitigated so users have a nbsp totally smooth migration experience at first login nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Tom

A:Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network."

Hi,
According to the error message, I assume that the spooler service cannot find out the printer on the network.

You may set the startup type of Printer Spooler service to Manual or Delayed Start for a test.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57d9e420-0ea2-4561-a7cc-2fd33da792ae/printers-quotoperation-could-not-be-completed-error-0x00000709-double-check-the-printer-name-and?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 43.86%

We have a networked printer in the office, and its driving me insane.

One of my colleagues was trying to print but one of the cassettes has disappeared (lower cassette 2).

When I went into the properties the pooter told me that it was searching for the EBAPI module.

When I looked at the name it had changed to 192.168.4.168(AL-C1000).

Do you think I should just re-install the drivers?

H xxx

A:Epson Printer (network printer)

Hi and welcome. Or try changing the name back to what it is supposed to be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-printer-network-printer.142182/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi

To add a network printer using GPO isn't a problem, but howto export all printer settings from WIN2008 server into WIN7 client to have the same printer settings on this client like on the server?

A:Add a network printer with all printer settings using GPO

See if this helps you:
Deploying Printers by Using Group Policy
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222500-add-network-printer-all-printer-settings-using-gpo.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

My friend has been using Cannon 1100LBP printer for about 5 year I think. He was using it as shared printer before hence. Now he wanted to make it work as network printer directly through Switch. How can I make it? Please give me suggestion if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello there. I ran into a problem. I installed on my main computer (runs with XP SP2) the HP PSC 1510. I recently purchased a new laptop (Vista Premium). I want to print the files I made in the Laptop with the Network Printer. However, there seems to be a problem.
First I go to Control Panel (on my laptop) and add a new printer. I select Networkprinter and can "see" my new printer in the list. However, I get a message that I must install drivers for the printer on my laptop! I downloaded the newest software for Vista and installed it. Somehow my laptop can't connect with the new printer.
On my main computer I made sure that the new printer is "shared".

Marc from The Netherlands

A:My printer won't work as a network printer

A couple of questions for you.

1) Do you have your pc's set up in a workgroup?
2) Have you given the laptop "rights" to the printer?

Do you get an error message of any type since you installed the drivers?

My home setup is similar to yours, desktop with printer attached, printer shared, laptop prints to the printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-wont-work-as-a-network-printer.569561/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok guys heres the deal,
We have a vender that wants to use our printer at work which is hooked up to our network but he can't join our network because he is not an employee.

Just spoke to him and he has a Sony Vaio laptop and DOES NOT WANT ANY DRIVERS on his machine.... Im lost..

I was just going to install drivers on his machine and hook the printer up USB but he just formatted his machine and now doesn't want any drivers at all...
What do you guys suggest

Thanks

A:Solved: Vender wants to use our Network Printer BUT he's not on our network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vender-wants-to-use-our-network-printer-but-hes-not-on-our-network.636133/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi dear Thanks in advance for your sincere help in this issue The laptop was running fine before automatically the Printer the Network network Printing issue on print stops The printer is Network Printing issue on the network Printer fine Network Printing issue on the network Printer and other can print from their pcs and laptops It is confirmed there is no issue with printers I have an issue with network print from windows bit Laptop to HP Network Printer Laserjet pro M nw or any network printer I have successfully installed network printer by IP address and it is installed successfully with correct drivers When i try to print it wont print and print will be in the queue when I delete the queue after deleting it will show the status of the printer s toner and usage What things stop print command to reach printer Any printer port is blocked I have uninstalled maximum apps updated windows bit OS updated and downloaded HP drivers Uninstalled and reinstalled HP drivers All vain Can you please help me I will be grateful to you forever Thanks alot Is it O S issue nbsp

A:Network Printing issue on the network Printer

Strange issue.

In Devices and Printers right click on the printer and select 'Printer properties' (not 'Properties at the bottom of the list). On the Advanced tab is 'Always available' selected? On the General tab does Location show the correct IP address and do you get any error message when trying 'Print Test Page'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printing-issue-on-the-network-printer.1094082/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi.
Recently, my computer has stopped access to its files or something. My other computer "old" is what its called, cannot access the files on this computer "main", or use main's printer. It was all fine a few days ago, but just seemed to turn itself off. All help appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-network-files-or-use-printer-over-network-411545.html
Relevancy 43.43%

New windows 7 Home Premium desktop that can print when the printer is directly connected but can't print when the printer is connected to an XP pro pc. It can see it but we're getting a "driver cannot be found on the network" flag.

A:reaching a network printer in a home network

When the printer is connected to the XP machine can the XP machine print to it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374760/reaching-a-network-printer-in-a-home-network/
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings all

I have a problem at work that I've been trying to sort out. We have a W2K server running Windows 2000 with the other machines running W98 and XP Pro. We recently got hold of a Canon IR3300i (one of those standalone jobbies that plugs directly into our network). Anyway, plugged it in set everyone up to use it.

The W98 users are absolutely fine with it. However, the XP users are having a terrible time. For some nothing will print at all, for others, it prints sometimes and other times it says 'Cannot find printer on the network' (or something similar).

I have installed it in exactly the same way as our other (shared) printers. Add printer -> Network printer -> select it -> install drivers, etc.

Any ideas guys, this is really doing my head in.

Cheers

Chris

A:Solved: Network Printer on W2K Network

I suggest removing the Printer from the machines having the problem.
Check on your server the port (ip address) that the printer is installed on.
Log into your client machines as a user with administrator privilages, do your normal, going into printers and faxes---->>add printer
although instead of adding network printer, add local printer(uncheck the box that automatically searches)
Select create new port---->>Standard TCP/IP port
type in IP address of printer, which automatically fills port name box aswell and hit next,
you will however have to install the drivers for the printer on each machine.
However once this is done i dont expect you should have anymore problems.

Doing it this way also adds the printer to all users on a machine if the machine is shared whereas, if you add the printer via "network printer"
you have to add it for every user.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-printer-on-w2k-network.477679/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am in an office building with 40 or so tenants. The entire building is wired to one central network (let's call it main network) controlled by SonicWall where each office has one live network drop. The main network is set up in such a way that tenants can plug in their own switches and routers if they want more network connected devices in their office. The office building has a network printer connected to main network where tenants can print to it. However, when tenants have their own routers in their office you cannot really connect to the network printer that is connected to main network. Is there something I can port, bridge or set-up where they can print to it?

A:Printing to network printer on another network

I think that as long as the tenant's router is connected to the main network they should still be able to access that printer provided that the WAN IP address of their routers is within the IP range of the main network where the Network printer is attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-network-printer-on-another-network.203071/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm new and will try to make my case as clear as possible but please go easy on me Problem Any action takes at least seconds to take place eg you click to open a browser and nothing will happen for seconds you can still move the mouse though Once the browser is open there will be delays in performing any task and Windows Task Manager will say that the browser is not responding However the task will usually be completed after a period of time The computer does not make noises like it is working hard - it is silent My System -Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack - Hard drives system is operating off older HD years old and Windows was reinstalled on it months ago -Prior to reinstall Delays XP OS was running off newer HD -Since reinstall XP was running perfectly for months until now -Yes I've rebooted the system a ton of times Also friend installed Limewire but I removed it before it was ever used to download anything Very few other programs have been installed and I would think they would all be safe acrobat itunes firefox etc

A:XP Delays

try a few things

do all the proper cleaning

Defrag
Disk clean up drive C:
clean internet

if you need help with any of these write back...

PS If they don't help then we'll pull out the Big guns but start simple!

You also want to read this thread;
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174...ow-247566.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-delays-322437.html
Relevancy 41.28%

just got a brand new 2Tb off amazon and the first thing i do when i get new ones is scan them. i use hdd regenerator to scan for bad sectors. usually there might be a few bad sectors that can be easily fixed but this is only 70% done and with 176 delays detected. Now aside from browsing issues with it being delayed from folder to folder or w/e how really bad is this?

ive had a few older hds that had a couple delays but nowhere near 200

Relevancy 41.28%

- when clicking on some specific files in explorer, it takes a very long time, about 2-60 seconds. Just clicking on the file. It is just a few files that have this delay, most other files dont have this. what could be the cause?

- i use 2 monitors, when i play a game and also play a video/browser windows open, i notice a huge delay in the game. what could cause this? CPU? GFX? RAM?

Relevancy 40.85%

Yeah so i got this Brand New Lenovo Y550 with 64 bit vista and the whole shebang... well when i start typing or pressing buttons like in games or whenever i fell like it, my mouse pad delays! its killed me multiple times and drives me crazy other times. is there an option to change that? cuz no matter what i search i either get win XP crap or nothing related to my issue.

P.S. i joined the forums 7 minutes ago.

A:Mouse Delays

Try looking for the mouse options in the control panel and see if Lenovo has stuck extra options in there which you can change.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/245514-mouse-delays.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After upgrading to xp pro from 98se I'm finding very long delays when opning programs. It's always the first program i open after xp loads. i.e. if i click on the the ie icon nothing happens for a bout 3 to 5 minutes. my system stays idle and than after 3 minutes or so, the hd led will blink every other second and about a minute later the broswer will open. Durning the wait I know the system isn't frozen cause i can still have control of the mouse icon. Once i get over this hump things run pretty smoothly. The question is ... is this caused by XP? or something else? please help.

A:very long delays

I have noticed that on xp the system take a little long to fully boot eventhough you see a desktop and can move the mouse it still is loading stuff in the back ground. Also the delay may becuased byt the big jump from 98SE to XP. Can you tell us what you system stats are that might help us narrow the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/very-long-delays-3329.html
Relevancy 40.85%

After opening MSN and I work for a few mintues I get long delays especially with MSN but with everything Before that I noticed I had trouble delays using long MSN updating my anti-spyware programs SPybot S amp D and AdAware I've reinstatlled and uninstalled both of them and re-installed ZoneAlarm Even long delays using MSN reinstalled my virus checker V-com I've removed Adobe seemed like that had problems and Real Player I ran the spyware program from Zone Alarm plus two other virus scans ewido and Trend Micro Ewido had problems too I removed cache and anything extra defragged ran a registry cleaner I notice that every time I click the mouse ZoneAlarm indicates activity with the web I don't know why things suddenly go so slow - I wait and wait for an email to open or to switch programs Task Manager does not indicate high usage I'm wondering if MSN and messenger themselves are the problem Any ideas Here's the HJ log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM MXTask exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM mxtask exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Documents and Settings K HIjack-This HijackThis exeO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run Fix-It AV C PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM MemCheck exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net all xscan cabO - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http zone msn com binFramework v ZIntro cab cabO - DPF D A B - - D D-B AF- B E ABD - O - Service SystemSuite Task Manager - V Communications Inc - C PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM MXTask exeO - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe

A:long delays using MSN

Hello what_the and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. After reviewing this HijackThis log I see no signs of viruses or malware at this time. The log is clean.

I would suggest posting a question in the Windows XP forum and following their guidance. My guess is that the system is missing many of the services needed to operate properly.

Cheers.

OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30084/long-delays-using-msn/
Relevancy 40.85%

does anyone experiencing a delays of welcome sound like 5-10 minutes before you hear it? if does was my computer OK about that sound delays so far i haven't experienced massive problem

but when it idles my computer to 30 minutes to 1hour my computer freezes even if i press the NumLock,ScroolLock,and Caps Lock to make the light ON indicator on keyboard that won't happen not until i restart the computer or i can only prevent the crashing if i open some application such as games to idle it without crashing..

A:Welcome Sound Delays?

Do a disk cleanup, disk defrag and check your hard drive space and your RAM this can sometimes cause delay

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95057-welcome-sound-delays.html
Relevancy 40.85%

this has happened for all my browsers to include my recently installed Firefox this is an intermittent problem that i ve started to notice when i upgraded firefox basically what happens is that when i m loading a webpage i see a quot Loading www site com quot in the status bar and it takes anywhere from - seconds for the page to browsing web Delays during pop up once i m at the site browsing usually is Delays during web browsing smooth but after clicking several links i run into the same issue this isn t just for one site it s for any when i surf the net the intermittent part is that sometimes webpages load fast for several minutes and that s for any site but then i later come across that delay again and it s not just for firefox it s for all browsers so i don t think it s a browser issue i read up how this might be a dns issue or something about disabling ipv well in my network connection properties in TCP IP i manually entered my DNS servers as preferred and alternate DNS servers which i found using quot ipconfig all quot in the command prompt that seemed to work but after awhile i ran into that delay again when i tried accessing some similar websites also used OpenDNS server IPs and pretty much had the same result how do i fix this i guess i was used to everything loaded very fast my internet connection through my apartment complex is a Mbps speed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197638/delays-during-web-browsing/
Relevancy 40.85%

Seems like a lot of people are having similar problems and after much reading I haven t been able to figure out if mine is the same as some of the others So here goes THe computer boots up quickly to the users screen After log on everything seems to work OK for the first few seconds of loading i e start menu task bar But then it goes VERY SLOW there is about to Startup delays XP minutes before the startup sound plays and then everything works fine The computer was infected with the Welchia virus XP Startup delays within the first minutes that I had it in fact it was XP Startup delays infected before I could finish downloading upgrades from Norton BUt it was removed and has XP Startup delays been virus free I think since then Here s the Hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings nathan Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL http www hotsearchbox com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http rd companion yahoo com slv ycheck as http search yahoo com search p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO AH IE BHO - d e- bc - b - b-ad e e d - C Program Files ZoomText AHOI ah ie bho dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDO... Read more

A:XP Startup delays

Tick these and after closing all open windows have hijack FIX them

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = http://www.hotsearchbox.com/ie/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus.../search/ie.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://rd.companion.yahoo.com/slv/y...com/search?p=%s

Have you got any of the following installed on your computer ...

Ad-Aware
Spybot
Spyware blaster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-delays.254737/
Relevancy 40.85%

OS WinXP Media Processor Ghz P GB Mhz DDR Ram ATI Radeo X GB Hard Drive though it may not be relevant So when I first got my computer it ran fine Over time though I ve noticed that it s been getting slower and slower Now it s to the point that I have to wait several Delays Inexplicable seconds sometimes as many as for it to load even doc or txt files I ve tried defragmenting and not only does it not do any good but prior to the defragment it indicated that it only had fragmentation to begin with I have noticed that there a lot of processes running though Inexplicable Delays they don t show CPU usage and I was wondering if this might be causing my problems I also downloaded and ran HijackThis and saved the log but I don t have the knowledge or experience yet to really make heads or tales of the information saved in the log Would any of you be willing to take a look at my processes list and my HijackThis log and let me know which ones can be safely cancelled deleted Also any other information that might be useful to restoring my PC to it s former operating speed would be amazing formatting upgrading and replacing are not options at the moment Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inexplicable-delays.677678/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello tech support guys My computer has been running slower than usual delays computer lately Normally when I click the minimize button on my computer it takes a good - seconds for it to minimize completely It is like it starts to minimize then stops then continues then stops It usually only does that on my internet explorer yet happens sometimes when I m playing video games It computer delays also takes a while for my computer to load fully when Windows first opens Also when computer delays I x out of a program it normally takes a good minute before the page actually disappears I have Windows XP I have used this website in the past and have used SUPER antispyware ATF cleaner and computer delays have purchased the software System Mechanic And it seems to fix these problems until I shut down the computer or restart Then it continues on its spiral Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe I Limewire New LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system twext exe C WINDOWS system twex exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E-... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-delays.827613/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All,

I am hoping you can help me out here !
I have recently purchsed a Dell Studio 15 Laptop, with Vista Home Premium x64.
Great machine, and really excellent performance.
BUT - I have noticed that when typing within Internet Explorer (Forums, Newsgroups, socila networking), the typing is delayed so badly, that it actually skips a load of the letters.
I have searched online for known issues, and the only real solutions that I found were to remove "pcmservice.exe" - which is not resident on my machine, or to switch to another browser.
I have rolled back IE to v7, but still have the problem. I tried updating again to IE8 and any updates, but same issue exists.
I finally installed Firefox.... Issue is gone !
So - the issue seems to lie with IE ------ PLEASE HELP !

Thanks

A:Typing Delays

Is this a new machine? We have a dell laptop her that is about 2 years old and it was doing the same thing. After extensive "google" searches we pulled the battery and only had A/C power to the unit and it was fine. Waiting on the new battery to arrive

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240472-typing-delays.html
Relevancy 40.85%

For the past few weeks I've noticed that XP seems to lag when shutting down. You click shut down, and after a few moments it would. Then it became a few minutes. Now I find out it was on all night. When I tell it to shut down, I can't start up any new programs, or do anything, it just sits and keeps doing whatever its doing.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

A:XP Won't/Delays Shutting Down

check your device manager for any yellow alerts, click the view tab, click the show hidden devices.

are you using norton?
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Fwct081503.asp
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-delays-shutting-down-100173.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When i start up windows and are already loaded it takes for the sound 3-4 minutes to load . Why is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-delays.207106/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi - lately there is some problem with my hard drives taking some time to react again after they've been quiet for a while. I have had my hardware setup for some time now and this delay is recent - either that or I have only just noticed!!

I have three drives as below, with my system operating from a Sata 3 and all my data on two 1TB Sata II drives. The delay occurs when accessing either drive. Once the drives have clicked in (it's an audible click) all is fine until after another period of them doing nothing. I am hoping this isn't a hardware issue. Is that likely??

Is there a setting somewhere I can change to stop this happening, i.e. to keep the drives in a state of alertness?

System: Hitachi 500GB HDS721050DLE630 ATA Device
Primary data disk: SAMSUNG HD103UJ ATA Device
Secondary data disk: ST31000333AS ATA Device
Motherboard: Gigabyte UD3R-SLI

A:HDD - delays when accessing

You could test the drives for any bad sectors, by using this tutorial:

Disk Check

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260421-hdd-delays-when-accessing.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Just recently this week I have been noticing that when I send emails out to people they a) either dont get it b) dont get it until the very next day. I tried to test it out by sending myself an email and I didnt get it back until like 5-10 mins later. I never used to have this problem. Can someone please give me some guidance on this because its really making me mad.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A:Email delays -PLS HELP!!!!

Yes, I have been having that problem too. I've sent emails to myself from other accounts and I either don't get them or they come maybe 10 minutes to a couple of hours later. I've also noticed a decrease in my e-mails which is unusual. I don't know whats wrong, maybe its MSN itself.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/email-delays-pls-help-15270.html
Relevancy 40.85%

W7x64 current, NISv20 current, open IE10 and it takes a minute of steady HDD light time for the system to take the next click. Same conditions using FF current. Restored to an earlier date last night in hopes of clearing problem. Reinstalled NIS and updated it. No error messages, scans run before restore - Malwarebytes free, no errors; SuperAntiSpyware, no errors, NIS full scan, no errors, NPE, no errors. Currently running a full scan with Eset.
Thanks
Dick

A:long delays

Update; Eset found nothing, problem persists

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476457/long-delays/
Relevancy 40.85%

Running XP w/SP2 & 3. For the past month or so, Have been having terrible problems shutting down! Clicking on "Start" gives me an hourglass which sits there from 3-5 mins. Eventually, the closing options page appears. Clicking on any of the options, "Shutdown", "Standby" or "Hibernate" gives me the same action, an hourglass that hangs around seemingly forever before anything happens. Eventually, the machine will shut down. Usually, however, I've given up and shut it down using the power on/off button.

I've run every troubleshooting/maintenance program I can think of numerous times w/o any change, including restoring settings to dates prior to start of problem. Help!

A:Shutdown delays

here are 2 sites that might help you.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-delays.801585/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I have an Aopen MoBo sound onboard. Windows XP professional. I can play a cd on my computer, so the boxes are ok. However the sound comes through delayed. For instance if someone hails me on MSN, the ping comes through 2 secs later. If I make a mistake and e computer warns me, the same. If I play a cardgame on the computer en deal the card, the sounds of dealing come through with an interval of 1 second instead of the roffle, you normally hear. Have downloaded the newest drivers and the is no problem in my hardwareconfiguration. Does anyone know the answer?

Lucia

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-delays.118883/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello

I have a ibook whit a printer (stylus color 740)
This ibook is in a router
In this router have a Windows PC XP PRO SP2 whitout a printer

I already made anything but i cant coneect/share the Mac ibook's printer whit my PC

How I configure the Mac ibook and My PC to use the same printer?

Any help will be apreciated

Thanks
Mariwal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-printer-network-pc-w-out-printer.484569/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All Problem is the Vista Machine connecting to the shared HPG xi AIO on the network I am working on installing a Vista Home Premium Gateway PC on an existing network that consists of a Solved: Printer Vista Home Network Network Home Issues, XP machine two XP home PC s and an XP home laptop With the exception of the laptop all PC s are Solved: Vista Home Network Printer Issues, XP Home Network connected via ethernet cabling to a Linksys WRT G sharing cable internet access One of the XP home machines and the are connected to a Dlink switch which is wired to the Linksys router This XP home machine has the HP connected locally and shared All PC s have printer and file sharing enabled All PC s are in the same workgroup all PC s can see and share files bidirectionally Including the Vista machine All PC s with the exception of the Vista machine can connect and print to the HP When you try to connect the Vista to the HP and it doesn t matter how using Network and connect using Printers to add a printer using add a Printer to set up a new network printer and entering the path whatever the error message is quot Access is Denied quot before you can even install the drivers I used my IBM laptop running XP Pro to serve the HP via the USB connection same as how the XP Home PC is doing it the Vista can connect and print no problem so it would seem there is an issue with the access rights in the XP Home PC sharing the HP I also tested the Vista PC on another network that runs XP Pro and it connected and printed with NO issues I tried using the machine at the same location but connected to the same switch to serve the HP I get the same result as with the XP Home serving it with the exception of the error message It says cannot complete connection error some hex number Is there a way to configure the access right s to XP Home for the Vista to connect to the HP Or am I barking up the wrong tree Help please nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I just installed 2k about 2 weeks ago. Whenever I go to install a program, and the windows helper or wizard comes up, it gets to 99% and stops there for about 30 seconds. Anyone ever seen this, or know a solution? Thanks, Barret.

A:install delays with programs

Hiya

Does this happen with all programs? Have you tried in Safe Mode?
What have you got running in the background? Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Actions | Save As Text File and copy/paste that way.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-delays-with-programs.65896/
Relevancy 39.99%

suddenly my browser like gets frozen every time i browse and there's delay when i move around the page. help? thanks. attached dds log

A:Frozen browsers and delays

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Close any open browsers, and all other programs working. Make sure you save your file if working on a document.
Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.[/b]
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

The Microsoft site is presently down. Ignore this installation.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.===Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466158/frozen-browsers-and-delays/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello My Word has started to have -second delays with hourglass showing anytime the following occurs -- opening a document -- closing a document -- switching between documents within Word -- switching from any non-Word window into a Word document The latter two are particularly annoying since it really slows down copying and pasting between documents or between documents and other apps I tried locating a replacing the Normal dotm file in Application Data Microsoft Templates directory of my documents and settings directory with one from another machine that does not exhibit this behavior delays Word2007 hourglass but that did not seem to work Perhaps there are other instances of Normal dotm that are confusing Word Help would be appreciated I have scanned my entire Documents and Settings directory with updated Malwarbytes and nothing show up Any help would be appreciated Steve alwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack AM mbam-log- Word2007 hourglass delays - - - - txt Scan type Word2007 hourglass delays Quick Scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228861/word2007-hourglass-delays/
Relevancy 39.99%

I m pretty good with fixing my own computer problems but I can t imagine what is going on on my computer lately closing SP1, after Odd XP delays things The first sign was with closing windows I have a mouse button for closing the current window Alt-F and when I try to close multiple windows in a row the first one works immediately but the next ones take a second or before it receives XP SP1, Odd delays after closing things commands I can click the button times but nothing will happen When it is quot ready quot I have to click it again for it to work Using the keyboard shortcut produces the same The next sign was when clicking inside a new window or clicking back and forth in Windows explorer If I click back sometimes it waits a second or If I switch to a different explorer window and XP SP1, Odd delays after closing things click on a file the folder might wait a second before the file will be highlighted Then I ve noticed the delay in opening files I have small images on my desktop If I open one close it with the mouse button or the X in the corner of irfanview and open the other one immediately after there s a delay before it will open Actually I guess the problem is delay after opening the last one I can use the doubleclick mouse button on the second file and it will open when it s ready or I can click on it and press Enter to open it but pressing Enter doesn t accomplish anything unless I wait for that delay to finish first It s really been annoying me I find a lot of the time I m waiting for something to open that didn t get my command to open it or I have delays in navigating windows It happens with all kinds windows that I m closing not just Explorer I keep a pretty clean computer it s not weighed down with background programs and my computer has been better than this in the past My video card is about a year old hard drive brand new another one about a year old Man I would be so grateful if someone could help with this nbsp

A:XP SP1, Odd delays after closing things

For what reasons you haven't installed "SP2"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp1-odd-delays-after-closing-things.637374/
Relevancy 39.99%

After upgrading my Windows XP to SP2 my system gets a blue screen before logon (both after installing XP SP2 from CD or after Internet upgrade). Impossible to run, so I had to fall back to XP SP1. I re-installed XP and upgraded to SP1. My system works now OK but startup takes about 1.5 minutes. It hangs with a message "Windows startup .." Now I ran a Windows 64bit version from my IDE disk (this could not be installed on my SATA disk as Windows 64 edition does not support SATA disks for my Shuttle AMD 64 System), and there is no delay. So I assume the delay is caused by the loading of drivers for my SATA disk. In the hardware profile the harddisk is identified as a SCSI disk, which it is not. How can I make XP change the driver, or is there possibly another reason for the delay?

A:Windows XP Pro Startup Delays

I've notice slowdowns in boot up with SP2. I think this is the new normal. What I would do is make sure your hardware drivers are up to date, espcially any disc controler / motherboard drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-startup-delays.17782/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi im haveing a problem with open a txt or bmp etc what happens is right click mouse button on file and the hourglass takes about 10sec to open drop down box is this a known issue with microsoft or is there an answer this has never happend before thanks xp

A:Delays In Hour Glass

Duplicate Post

Original here -- http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/636624-hourglass-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delays-in-hour-glass.636631/
Relevancy 39.99%

recently i had been having a few issues starting up mozilla firefox. it just takes a long time to start. when i double click the icon..nothing happens for at least 30 seconds to a minute. so i stopped using firefox and went to opera. which was working fine for about 4 months. but now i am having the same issue. i was just wondering if anyone knew of a solution to this problem. and also if you could give your opinions on the best web browser.

i am running XP on a P4 3gig CPU with 1gig RAM and an 80gig HDD.

i have also included my HJT log so if you could please check that too it would be much appreciated.
cheers

A:Non IE browser loading delays

interesting; I have exactly the opposite symptom. FF is my default and it runs
fine, but using IE to get MS Updates, takes a long time to get my default home
page (my ISP) before I can pull-down the bookmark for Updates.

Is this a symptom of default vs non-default browsers rather than a specific browser?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-ie-browser-loading-delays.53093/
Relevancy 39.99%

a certain webpage takes minutes to load in opera but loads in in opera causes delays JS file seconds in IE JS file causes delays in opera and netscape The problem is a javascript file that is linked in the html of the web page If I edit the page to not load the js file opera loads fine I need to know what is causing the problem I had to edit out some content for privacy reasons here is the text file that contains the js code http home tbbs net shadow shadow txt can anyone tell me what part of that code would cause opera to pause and not do anything for a minute and a half while loading this file How can I fix it to work in opera I know I can get rid of the if browser IExplorer parts and that will fix it but then the page will lose functionality I need the code to still work in ie and netscape too sorry I can t be more specific privacy reasons Thanks nbsp

A:JS file causes delays in opera

I figured it out finally.

Thanks anyways.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/js-file-causes-delays-in-opera.73483/
Relevancy 39.99%

For the past couple of weeks everything i open seems to take forever Internet pages apart from Photo Bucket opens fairly quickly it s everthing else on the lappy that s so slow from clicking to open anything on laptop delays Long it can take up to seconds the timer just hangs there Long delays on laptop things do eventually open even OE I ve googled entries from my HiJack log and can t see anything untoward although there are some unknowns that stump me Could someone who knows how to read them take a look for me please Running WXP SP on an IBM R Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Long delays on laptop SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Long delays on laptop lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jan LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tesco net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe irprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run TPKMAPHELPER C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapAp exe -helper O - HKLM Run TpShocks TpShocks exe O - HKLM Run TPHOTKEY C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe O - HKLM Run BMMLREF C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities BMMLREF EXE O - HKLM Run BMMMONWND rundll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT BatInfEx dll BMMAutonomicMonitor O - HKLM Run EZEJMNAP C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe O - HKLM Run IBMPRC C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe O - HKLM Run BMMGAG RunDll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT pwrmonit dll StartPwrMonitor O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files IBM Java jre bin NPJPI dll O - Extra Tools menuitem IBM Java Co... Read more

A:Long delays on laptop

have you tried restore ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-delays-on-laptop.451345/
Relevancy 39.99%

hey guys,

my boot up time is horrendously slow, so I downloaded bootvis and ran the scans. It says that my boot time is around 170 seconds (i think that it is longer) and it shows on the graphs that AVG free edition is the main culprit in the driver delays. Does anyone know how i can speed up these delays without removing AVG ???

thanks alot.

A:AVG Major Driver Delays

Is AVG running a scan at startup? If so this would slow thing down.

If you click start - run and type msconfig and click on startup, you will see a list of programs. Some can be shutdown as not needed but some are vital. If you google each one you will get an indication as to weather you need them or not. Shutting down programs that are not needed will help.

Maybe reinstall AVG to the latest release.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/avg-major-driver-delays-237491.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I've just updated my hardware in preparation for WoW Cataclysm I've got a PhenomII X GHz ASUS M A -M mobo and i've tried using a radeon hd and a slightly more beefy geforce card i've gotten from a friend This is a brand new install on some drives i've been using for a while never had any issues with the drives Occasionally while playing WoW the system will stop responding long enough to hang-ups/delays Periodic disconnect me To be clear I am Periodic hang-ups/delays still able to run move within the game neither the game nor the system as a whole seems to be frozen Since i've noticed this issue Periodic hang-ups/delays i've started running Periodic hang-ups/delays the resource monitor on my second screen When the system seems to stop responding CPU usage drops to I know WoW isn't the culprit as i've seen it do this while watching netflix and other less-intense applications as well I primarly want to make sure it isn't hardware at fault before my RMA period with newegg runs out PLEASE HELP thanks EDIT To be clear i have not had and BSOD's

A:Periodic hang-ups/delays

Quote: Originally Posted by smokes2345

I've just updated my hardware in preparation for WoW:Cataclysm. I've got a PhenomII X4 3.0GHz, ASUS M4A785-M mobo and i've tried using a radeon hd4670 and a slightly more beefy geforce card i've gotten from a friend. This is a brand new install on some drives i've been using for a while, never had any issues with the drives.

Occasionally, while playing WoW the system will stop responding long enough to disconnect me. To be clear, I am still able to run/move within the game, neither the game nor the system as a whole seems to be frozen. Since i've noticed this issue, i've started running the resource monitor on my second screen. When the system seems to stop responding, CPU usage drops to 0%. I know WoW isn't the culprit as i've seen it do this while watching netflix and other less-intense applications as well. I primarly want to make sure it isn't hardware at fault before my RMA period with newegg runs out. PLEASE HELP!! thanks!

EDIT: To be clear, i have not had and BSOD's

Bad network connection to WoW servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129950-periodic-hang-ups-delays.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My mouse keeps hanging up while using some special software--Assess Pro, which is used in Assessors' offices. It doesn't seem to have the problem else where, but then I haven't really been using much else because I'm at work and using the software is what I do.

I tried different moujses, and they all perform the same way.

It will work fine for a while, then it will decide tot hang--sometimes for 5-10 seconds, and responds to nothing I do. I wait and it goes back to normal.

I'm doing repetitive work where speed is required, and this totally breaks my rhythm and is making me crazy.

Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Mouse delays

PS2 or USB? Whatever it is can you test using one of the other type?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-delays.411898/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am experiencing long delays (including timing out some times) when I load or transfer from 1 site to another...
I recently deleted some free AVG security software....
could that be a cause? Happens about 75% of the time..

Is this a possible cable problem... have Comcast high speed internet svc?

Have HP 3 yrs old /windows XPmedia center edition software/
using Mozilla/Foxfire..have no technical computer savy....

A:Delays in loading & transferring

Hi,

Numerous things you could try free bits of software like Advanced Windows Care, CCleaner etc to clean up your machine/registry.

Also defrag.

Paul Jemmett

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delays-in-loading-and-transferring-495527.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I hope someone can help me with this There s been delays on my system I ran adware spybot and a virus scanner and it came up with nothing when i looked at my task manager there are delays..appei32.exe??? system weird processes that ive never seen before For example windllsys exe appei exe d ha exe I ran HiJackThis and this is what I ve got Will someone please tell me what s wrong I d appreciate it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost system delays..appei32.exe??? exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer system delays..appei32.exe??? EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS appei exe C WINDOWS System windllsys exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS d ha exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgw exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Avant Browser iexplore exe C Documents and Settings anna My Documents InstalledApps HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system oovhm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com show php id amp q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system oovhm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com show php id amp q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS system oovhm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS system oovhm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer gate temple edu O - BHO no name - B C -F -ADFA- FA -AC FDC - C WINDOWS d jc dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run appei exe C WINDOWS appei exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run windllsys exe C WINDOWS System windllsys exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item Add to AD Black List - C Program Files Avant Browser AddToADBlackList htm O - Extra context menu item Block All Images from the Same Server - C Program Files Avant Browser AddAllToADBlackList htm O - Extra context menu item Highlight - C Program Files Avant Browser Highlight htm O - Extra context menu item Open All Links in This Page - C Program Files Avant Browser OpenAllLinks htm O - Extra context menu item Search - C Program Files Avant Browser Search htm O - Extra button Corel Network monitor worker HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Corel Network monitor worker HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Corel Network monitor worker HKCU O - Extra Tools menuitem Corel Network monitor worker HKCU O - DefaultPrefix O - WWW Prefix O - Trusted Zone p com O - Trusted Zone clickspring net O - Trusted Zone db com O - Trusted Zone mt-download com O - Trusted Zone my-internet info O - Trusted Zone scoobidoo com O - Trusted Zone searchmiracle com O - Trusted Zone skoobidoo com O - DPF v cab - http searchmiracle com cab v cab cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

A few days ago since adding an Administrator password and User Accounts on my XP Pro I started experiencing huge delays in booting up and shuting down my PC. When I click shutdown absolutely nothing happens for about one minute but once it starts it proceeds at a normal rate. On booting up it's the reverse. It boots normally until the desktop background screen appears and then it stops, showing nothing but the background, no icons, no taskbar, and it takes about a minute before everything pops up.

Anti-virus and malware programs turn up nothing, the Event Viewer shows no anomalies, UPHCleaner from Microsoft,(it checks for any applications not properly releasing resoures), has no effect, neither does System Restore and even Bootvis optimization fails. Would it be feasible to simply disable everything in MISCONFIG startup and then reboot?

Anybody have any suggestions? I'm running a Pentium 4 2.5Ghz with one gig of DDR RAM

A:[SOLVED] Boot delays

Hello Radovitch

Could you provide me with a list of processes running while no other programs (except the ones running at startup) are running? Please post the list in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-boot-delays-181202.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello!
These 3 attached files are handling some prompt parameters(m_promptParameters) and pass them to an engine.There are some announcements which have to be play endless (parameter 'it=-1') an some which have to be play for one time.I have done some corrections in these files but the solution causes additional delays to all type of the announcements.Can you help me to find an alternative way to have delays only by the Play endless announcements and not to all?

Thank you!!!

A:Delays by Play Announcements

Looks like Java programming. Moving this to Software Development.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delays-by-play-announcements.669463/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, It's been more than 6 weeks that I ordered ThinkPad 13. The shipping date has been changed like 4 times already. Every time I contact the customer care, they say the same story of some part shortage. Looks like system is automatically pushing the date a week ahead. Is anyone else facing the same problem? What's the max that Lenovo has taken to ship ThinkPad 13 for the laptops that are already shipped till now? Thanks,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/ThinkPad-13-Shipping-delays/td-p/3363552
Relevancy 39.99%

Shutting down my wife's Vista PC used to occasionally be delayed by a few minutes to several hours with an application in progress message. That delay is almost daily now and the best I can determine from the event log is that it's MS security auditing that's causing the problem. An event log from the 16th shows the user logging off at 10:21 PM but the system does not stop processing and finally shutting down until 11:16 PM. Can't attach the evtx file.

A:Vista SP 1 shutdown delays

Hi,

Open Command prompt (Win+R), type "shutdown -t 0" hit enter.

That will turn the unit off very fast.
You can make a .bat file and use it to shutdown instead of using the standard way.

You could try "sfc /scannow" in cmd to see if anything needs repairing.

Or the slowest option of going through task manager and killing a process before shutdown to see if that stops the issue (You will have to do this for each process until you find the culprit...)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sp-1-shutdown-delays-656088.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Baha'i Era, Dear techguys:
01. my Microsoft Works word
processor suddenly has some delays
02. when I move the mouse, it takes
a few seconds to change between
the arrow and the capital I
03. when I click on a symbol, it takes
a few seconds to take action
04. I hope your reply will be
enthusiastic
05. thank you, from John

A:Microsoft Works delays

FIrst try cleaning the hard drive and remove all programs from msconfig that are not needed at start up.

Instructions can be found for both at

www.rselby.com/cleanup.htm

Second if that doesn't work go to start, find, and type in

normal.dot and rename it.

Open Works or word whichever you have and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-delays.94686/
Relevancy 39.99%

To prepare for my new DSL service, I recently installed a "Fast Ethernet 10/100 Network Card" in my computer. Among several interesting byproducts of this installation is the fact that it now takes twice as long to boot my Win98SE system as it did before this card was added. In particular, the bootlog shows the following new delays:

Time Item
02.11 Started Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter(NC100 v2) (PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&SUBSYS_05701317&REV_11\BUS_00&DEV_0
23.28 Starting TCP/IP (NETWORK\MSTCP\0001)
03.06 Starting IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol (NETWORK\NWLINK\0000)
02.00 Starting Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter(NC100 v2) (PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&SUBSYS_05701317&REV_11\BUS_00&DEV_
03.06 Starting IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol (NETWORK\NWLINK\0001)
59.67 Starting TCP/IP (NETWORK\MSTCP\0001)

Questions:

1. Why the long delays starting TCP/IP?

2. Why does it start these items twice?

Relevancy 39.99%

I am having a recurring problem with keyboard delays. When typing the keyboard will stop for 1+ minutes and then start again. The same is happening with the mouse, though less frequently. This problem started 2 months ago and I thought it was a hardware
problem and bought all new. Then I looked it up online and saw that I should make sure all sticky keys and such should be off (they are) and it is still happening.

I am using a Logitech combo wireless keyboard and  mouse.  Windows 8.1

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80ef2e37-d596-4e9a-9c1d-55a75a30a82c/keyboard-ampamp-mouse-delays?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 39.99%

I have Windows Xp. My machine has started taking around 10 minutes to boot up. It gets to the Intel Inside P4 logo then hangs for 5-10 minutes, then continues.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so can they offer a reason/solution.

Thanks

David P

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello and thank you for your helps.I have a situation on my computer where any time I click to run anything such as trying to scroll down or up like in a explorer list,a dialog box,a graphic,a web page,I have a 3 to 9 second delay in the expected movement! All suggestions welcomed. ****************************************************************************************
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Ultimate 7 xTreme Theme 8™, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 657078 MB; K: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 654149 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Benicia
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 39.99%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP POST Solved: Delays Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON SERIES Mb Hard Drives Solved: POST Delays C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GBF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Working on my Daughter s custom built desktop machine Problem is at power up POST screen appears and instead of going through the normal quick process before booting into windows it hangs there for a precise minutes seconds consistently Windows opens and operates normally The following info appears on the POST display Intel Desktop Board D GBF BIOS version BF A A P Intel P GHz DDR Then there is a large blank space where one normally sees the RAM count followed by the usual hardware detected keyboard mouse etc At the bottom of the screen is quot Hit F to enter Setup quot and quot Hit F to boot to network quot After the min sec time elapses all that info appears in the blink of an eye and goes into Windows Things I ve tried Changed the CMOS Battery it was over years old No effect Removed Video card and connected to on-board graphics No effect Removed the MB RAM sticks and tried various positions and configurations No effect Any insight to this problem would be much appreciated I strongly suspect the mobo is defective but have no clue just what that would be Thought perhaps a BIOS flash might be a possibility as a fix Opinions This all occurred just out of the blue The machine has been running great for or so years Power is from a UPS and according the SpeedFan operating temps are all well within the normal range Additional hardware info The PSU is a W Enermax Model EG P-VB After I post this I m going to download Memtest and burn a bootable CD then run Memtest Sorry for the log winded post but wanted get all the info I thought might help in coming to a solution nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Window XP sp core duo E GB Ram CPU acting up experiencing delays when opening programs & CPU Hi-jack Up log delays - acting or running tasks i CPU delays & acting Up - Hi-jack log e installing programs or removing programs under CPU delays & acting Up - Hi-jack log windows task manager i looked at the processes and quite often it is showing system idle processes at CPU yet computer seems like it is hanging this cpu is not used for P P or any downloading etc primarily used for office work i use Kaspersky AV and it runs all the time and i have Regcure which runs daily sometimes when i click windows start it takes a moment with delays for the box to open then when i select all programs there is a delay once again i have disabled CPU delays & acting Up - Hi-jack log several programs on startup and am down from to about programs which i use frequently include Radmin Acronis nvidia logitech toshiba KAV RegCure when i started the CPU in safe mode the computer ran much better which makes me think it is driver related if so how do i go about figuring out which driver it could be - my first guess may be video drivers but that is a guess i am posting a hijack log as it may be of useful info Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exe C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system LxrSII s exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Drivers pdisrvc exe C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition ppped exe C WINDOWS system rserver RServer exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rserver FamItrfc Exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard CLJ Toolbox HPPOUMUI EXE C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition pppeuser exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Acer Display eDisplay Management DTHtml exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA e-STUDIO Client GLDocMon exe C Documents and Settings User Local Settings Application Data Lexar Media LxrAutorun exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files No-IP DUC exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-delays-acting-up-hi-jack-log.910306/
Relevancy 39.99%

W7 machine has started doing something the past week: when I open a folder it does not let me use nor sort the contents. Instead, it starts making a bar go across the top where the folder's path is shown. Until it completes the bar across that top, I can't do anything with the folder's contents.

I suppose these are novice questions but:

1) What is it doing?

2) Why is it suddenly doing that as it had not done that with these folders before?

3) How can I stop that so that I don't have to wait and wait after I open a folder to be able to use it's contents. This is rather annoying and frustrating.

Thank you.

A:W7 Delays being Able to use Folder Contents

Its reading the folder content the bar being a progress bar. If you open the folder a second time it should be faster as it will be cached. If it taking a long time its either a very big folder, low memory/cpu time or the disk is corrupt. Check the drive for errors find cmd.exe right click choose run as admin then type chkdsk c: /f (assuming its drive c) it will say disk locked test on start say yes

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/128038-w7-delays-being-able-use-folder-contents.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi! First time poster...I've been having some delay problems while typing or scrolling. When I start to type or scroll down a page with my mouse, it takes a few seconds to catch up. I thought it might be spyware, so I went through a Forum and got that all cleaned up, but my problem remained. It started happening a couple months ago and I can't think of anything that could have caused it to start. Any ideas?? They told me to post my topic at the other Forum in case someone needed to see what they did.http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=24695Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Delays While Typing And Scrolling

First question is it a wired or wireless mouse and keyboard? If wired, is it USB or PS/2
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91384/delays-while-typing-and-scrolling/
Relevancy 39.99%

A client's home laptop was originally set up on their company's domain and the laptop delays tremendously (especially at login, Applying Computer Settings..., Security Settings..., Syncing My Doc files, etc.). Since he never takes the laptop into the office anymore, I removed it from the domain and into a workgroup and created a new local user profile for him. For some reason Windows still has the same delays as if its still trying to do something with domain resources. Any ideas how to remedy these delays?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removed-from-domain-but-still-get-delays.916891/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All about a month ago I had a bad virus attack so gave my Toshiba notebook bit running Win to a man to fix - he restored a previous version using Toshiba utilities Since then it has been very slow duplicates processing causing delays? and I have had prolems with Internet Explorer particularly all the search engines returning a website not duplicates causing processing delays? associated with the selected url At first I thought that was a Google bug but turns out to be the same on all search engines I have tried Today I have found the time to sit and have a look around and I have found that on my C drive I have both a programs and a programms x folder and each folder contains nearly all of my programmes so duplicates I imagine that is causing conflict issues and slowing my machine down I suspect it might be contributing to my Explorer problems too I have no idea how to find out which folder should be kept and which deleted so advice would be appreciated Also not being shy about diving in with both feet I have already tried to delete the folder with fewer pograms in it but my system will not let me presumably because it they both contain all the basic Microsoft files along with applications files I have no idea what to do next so can anybody please help Thanks for reading sorry it is so long-winded

A:duplicates causing processing delays?

In Windows 64bit there will always be two folders for programs Programs and Programs 64bit. This is because most 64bit programs will also run in 32bit. Or also called Programs and Programs X86 which means 32bit. That is normal.

Uninstall Google Chrome then reinstall it, When it asks you if you want to delete any settings and your profile, plugins select yes. Then reinstall it.

For Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options or settings go to "Advanced" at the button select "Reset" click ok then close Internet Explorer then reopen it.

Do you have problems with Windows Explorer? Toshiba Utilities restore to previous version? Is this like a system restore, restore from an image, or a whole reinstallation of Windows Vista meaning reformat and install? If the restore to factory defaults left any files intact meaning you did not have to reinstall all your programs like Chrome etc... that means you could still be infected with a virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/duplicates-causing-processing-delays-669111.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 and every so often when I try to use of the the quick launch keys, I get a huge delay before the program actually launches. Other times, it will launch instantly. This is any program from the assignable quick launch keys to the built in calculator button.
Any idea what I should check for or what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Toby

A:Microsoft Keyboard Shortcut Delays

Does the delay still happen when you have been logged in for a while? I get a huge delay between logging in and Windows responding to shortcut keys (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-B). Double-clicking the same shortcut launches the program instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143387-microsoft-keyboard-shortcut-delays.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i dont know if its from malware or something else, but when i click to open a browser or any other window, it take a while to respond. and few minutes ago, i try click on an app on taskbar and it just hangs there. i had to restart. and for several seconds, the log in page didnt display. this shouldnt be, the pc is only a month old. ASUS brand is starting to look like a crappy one at that. anyone have any clues?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63890-pc-response-time-major-delays.html
Relevancy 39.56%

using hddregenerator im doing a scan now and it has 10+ delays. I started scanning earlier and i didn't know it started in the middle and i let it scan for a bit and had 100 delays. So i know the longer it scans there will be 100+ delays.

What made me do all this was i was hearing some annoying noises *not really clicks* so i did the dischk on windows and all was well ( no noise during this scan or the one im doing now)

And the hd didnt have any activity prior to all of this either

Just curious is to know how bad this is?

Relevancy 39.56%

Windows Vista on wireless I get horrible delays due to mega CPU-usage spikes I CPU delays, [SOLVED] misery spikes, don't notice any trends as to time it happens how long it lasts or [SOLVED] CPU spikes, delays, misery what programs are running Below is Hijackthis log from just after start-up and before I manually launch any problems I have run quot free quot root kits but find nothing Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Users Kevin MARCIT Desktop HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run itype quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe User 'Kevin' O - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - DPF B F A-E D - DB- -E D F-Secure Online Scanner - http support f-secure com ols fscax cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http support gateway com support p PCPitStop C... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-cpu-spikes-delays-misery-208245.html
Relevancy 39.56%

After the computer is freshly booted, the 1st time I mount a USB thumb drive it will take 20 seconds to appear in the "Computer" window. It will instantly appear in the device manager along with the audio tone that signals it has been connected; but I still have to wait 20 seconds before I can see or access it. Thereafter, connecting any USB device will mount without delay until the computer is re-started. The delay only happens the first time I insert a USB drive after starting the computer. This started last October. I tried SFC, virus scans, a 'clean-boot' and none of those helped . It's particularly annoying when I raise the lid of my USB scanner and have to wait 20 secs before I can scan something. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

A:USB thumb drive delays in mounting.

I would try another usb slot if possible, it may not be getting enough power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/319708-usb-thumb-drive-delays-mounting.html