Windows Support Forum

Printer network delays

Q: Printer network delays

It seems that when people print at my office, there the print randomly delays which backs up the print queue. All PC's & printers are hard wired. The printers are on a printer server. I tried restarting the print spooler, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Printer network delays

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Printer network delays

The printers are on a printer server.Click to expand...

Power cycle the print server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-network-delays.194666/
Relevancy 17.63%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 38.27%

For the past ten years, Intel has successfully managed to shrink the manufacturing process for their CPUs every two years. However, with each shrink of the process node there are complications to deal with, which is why Intel has announced...

Read more

A:Intel delays 10nm process to 2017, will release a third 14nm CPU family

I think this will be better in the long run. maybe amd will play catch up and cpu prices will become more affordable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-delays-10nm-process-to-2017-will-release-a-third-14nm-cpu-family.216581/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a group of computers in a small office without a server that are connected and share via homegroup. When I added a new laptop with win 8.1 to the homegroup, I couldn't ever access the shared printer which is attached to the win 7 desktop. I deleted and recreated the homegroup multiple times from different computers and nothing seemed to change the situation. I deleted the homegroup completely and just tried to share the printer separately connecting via computer share name and still not good. Now if the win 8.1 computer can recognize the printer, none of the win 7 computers can print to it and vice versa. I need them all to be able to share the printer at the same time and share 2 folders between all of them. How can I accomplish this besides down grading the 8.1 to win 7 and installing win 7 on it. Thanks for the assistance

A:Sharing printer and files between win 7 and win 8.1 computers

If the printer has Ethernet support, connect it to the router and then use Add Printer as a Network printer on every PC (ie not directly connected to any PC) and at least that will solve one issue. Remember to get the correct print driver for each system; Win/7 vs Win/8.

I'll surf for the sharing issue and post back ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-printer-and-files-between-win-7-and-win-8-1-computers.216549/
Relevancy 18.06%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have HP LJ p4014. I was wondering if there would be a difference between using a maintenance kit thats 220v on a 110v printer. Any help would be good.

A:Printer 110v vs. 220 v.

What does that maintenance kit do? Because you can easily go into HP software and order your printer to clean printheads or align them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-110v-vs-220-v.191819/
Relevancy 17.2%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys,

I had a quick question about a network at home.

My house is 15m tall and 9m wide, I want to network 3 computers (mine, wife, son).

Should I wire the house with Ethernet cat 5e cable and put a 100 base T switch?
Or
Just put a Wi-Fi access point and Wi Fi cards for the 3 computers.

I prefer wireless, but I?ve heard Ethernet would have slightly faster speeds due to less aerial interference.

Suggestions? Solutions? Thank you!

A:A network for home? Which one?

First of all... don't put a 100 base T switch anywhere but the backup bin. If you're going to bother wiring anything put in GbE as it's inexpensive now. Also, if you're going to bother with any wiring then I'd put in the best/fastest type I could find to future proof it as much as possible. Fishing cable isn't something you want to repeat in a couple of years.

To more directly answer your question, Wi-Fi will probably be fine for you depending on the distance from your WAP (wireless access point) and what your walls are made of. You'll also need to keep in mind any other Wi-Fi interference so the distance to your neighbors can have an affect. All that being said any modern WAP will be faster than a 100 base T switch under normal conditions when it comes to throughput (how much data you can move) - but worse when it comes to latency (how long a specific bit of data takes to get from one point to another). If you're playing games you'll want low latency. If you're just streaming content or moving files around then you just want throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-for-home-which-one.213242/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ok so I do not know if this is the right forum or site to ask this question to be honest It applies to Linux though more applies to a networking issue So here is the problem I currently live in an apartment that has its own network that is given to them by their ISP So my router is getting its ip address from their DHCP server router and then I give out my own problem Apartment Network IP address via my own router So Im trying to be able to SSH into my machine or even just to remote desktop onto my Windows side I have my router set up accordingly and I can ssh into my machine when I am on their own network not my own but when I am away I cannot because Apartment Network problem my routers IP address is unique in the apartment complexes network Does anyone know a solution to this I was thinking a VPN into their network Apartment Network problem and then SSH into my own afterwords Problem is I m really not sure if this is a solution and if so How do I do it Thank you for your time I hope someone has a solution to my problem nbsp

A:Apartment Network problem

This is a STATIC route or PORT FORWARD problem and without the consent the apartment owner, neither are possible.

Your data flow is

Code:
ISP == Apt.router---Your.router---your.pc
Assume the Apt.router is at address 192.168.1.1
If yours is anything else, then your lan is isolated from the apt and you have great security.
* to get Public access (eg from work) to your pc, you need to
cross the Apt.router nat, get to your.router and port forward to your pc - - complicated.​If your.router is on the Apt.lan (meaning you disable DHCP in your router)
you are exposed to all the other apartments,
and still need port forward to your PC, and that requires a FIXED address assignment in the apt.router.​
IMO, the conclusion is this is non-trivial, has dependencies on the good will of the apt owner/tech support guy and requires extra diligence on your systems for security & privacy.
This would need (imo) to be more than just 'I want to play games on the Internet'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apartment-network-problem.213209/
Relevancy 17.63%

So I'm in the market for a new wireless card for my desktop. The last one I bought was a piece of crap from the start. You don't generally see network card reviews. Was wondering what some good quality options would be.

A:Network card recommendations?

The best option would probably be a dual-band one that has 802.11ac support; if you've got an AP that supports the standard, it'd be worthwhile investing in that kind of card. They can be kinda expensive though (usually around $100 from what I've seen).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-recommendations.208722/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 21.07%

Before I start I want you to know that the printer works When I plugged it into my computer it was automatically recognized drivers were downloaded from windows update and I was printing in less than a minute When I plunged it with OfficeJet HP printer Troubles 5610 into my friends laptop the actual owner the issues begin The troubled computer is HP laptop with Win x When I plugged it in via same USB cable I used with mine it was automatically recognized drivers were downloaded from windows update but I was not able to print anything I went to HP website and downloaded the entire software package and still nothing When I am in the devices and printers window the computer recognizes when the printer is plugged in and and when it is not But I can not even print a test page The funny thing is that I can scan from the printer to Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer the laptop but I can not print to it There are other printers connected to the laptop both network and USB and they work just fine Here is Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer what I did so far I tried Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer the automatically installed drivers I downloaded the HP recommended drivers I have restarted the spooler There is nothing stuck in the job list I have manually removed HP drivers and started again I have used the HP driver removal tool maximum level and started again I have set the printer to print directly to printer and bypass the spooler And I still can not print but I can scan Any thoughts anyone nbsp

A:Troubles with HP OfficeJet 5610 printer

How much Ram in laptop? Available space on HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubles-with-hp-officejet-5610-printer.186225/
Relevancy 17.63%

Recently my Gbps has taken a serious nosedive I was around Gbps then it dropped dl Adapter 0.84Gbps Network The other computers on the network are getting Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl great speeds it s just my computer My computer is running fine It s just the connection speeds This isn t just happening on WI-fi it s also happening when I plug in the Ethernet cord My network adapters are Broadcom n Network Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR PC-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS They are all up to date And I use Avast internet security Also I ve cleaned the cache in both firefox and chrome browsers I ve also removed all but add block add-ons I m using AARIS modum router through time warner cable And again the Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl other computers are getting great speeds always up of Gbps I even checked my Mom brand new computer which is getting upwards of Gbps I ve called TWC they sent someone the wires were a bit loose and it fixed everyone s laptop but mine Please help I m clueless here Here is the Broadcom n Network Adapter settings - auto mhz - Disabled n Preamble - Auto Antenna Diversity - Auto AP Compatibility Mode - Higher performance Bandwidth capability - b g MHz Bluetooth Collaboration - Auto BSS PLCP Header - Auto Short Long BT-AMP - Enabled Disable Uon Wired Connect - Disabled Fragmentation Threshold - IBSS g tm Protection Mode - Auto IBSS Mode - b Only Locally Administered MAC Adress - not present Minimum Power Consumption - Enabled Mixed Cell Support - Disabled Power Output - Priority amp VLAN - Prioroity amp Vlan Disabled Rate - Best Rate Roam Tendency - Auto Roaming Decision - Auto RTS Threshold - Shorti GI - Auto WMM - Enabled WZC IBSS Chaneel Number - MHz XPress TM Technology - Disabled nbsp

A:Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl

Also I recently installed windows 8. I've tried all sorts of things to get it to work. Still no luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-0-84gbps-dl.210602/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hopefully someone can answer this as im baffle, my computer will turn on and of with no problem as ling my printer is plug in but if printer cable unplug it won't turn on but if printer cable in plug in it will turn on but while the comptuer turn on and I unplug the printer cable it will shut down nothin making since but as long the printer is unplug it will not start or boot blank screen but printer plug in I can get to the boot or cmos screen please help Thanks

PS it a Dell PP17L Latitude

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-turn-on-if-printer-not-plug-in.208502/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello. I speak English a little. Therefore, I can do a lot of errors in my sentence but I hope for understanding.
Please, help me fint out the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*.. Or who has it?
Thank you so much and have a nice day!

A:Looking for the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*

dnshulga said:

Hello. I speak English a little. Therefore, I can do a lot of errors in my sentence but I hope for understanding.
Please, help me fint out the schematic diagram for the printer Samsung ML-216*.. Or who has it?
Thank you so much and have a nice day!Click to expand...

No guarantee, but see if this will help http://www.manualslib.com/manual/201828/Samsung-Ml-2165.html?page=3#manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-the-schematic-diagram-for-the-printer-samsung-ml-216.208342/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a colour laser printer for home use? Resolution should be at least 1200 x 1200 dpi. The option to print both sides of the paper would be nice. Multiple paper trays not necessary, nor anything else that will add unnecessary bulk to its size. There should also be connection for Ethernet and USB. Preferable that it uses separate toner cartridges for the different colours, so if one colour runs out then only that colour needs changing rather than the whole lot.

Thanks.

A:Recommend me a laser colour printer please

You realize these are very expensive to both purchase and on a cost/page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-laser-colour-printer-please.207641/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 21.07%

This ink cartridge http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=T048120[1]

Is labelled as "T048120-S" on some online stores... others it's labeled just as "T048120"

What does the "-S" mean? single cartidge?

A:Question about Epson printer ink model #

Probably means standard capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-epson-printer-ink-model.207580/
Relevancy 17.63%

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

A:No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Guys,
Recently my laptop keeps disconnecting from the wi-fi and I get an error saying unidentified network, I try to troubleshoot, it tries to reset the wireless network adapter and then the computer freezes. After I reset the laptop the problem can happen again within a couple of minutes. The driver software is fully up to date and I have no idea what else I can do. It is an Acer Aspire 5750G running Windows 7. Please help it's making my laptop almost completely unusable

A:Unidentified Network

Have you tried a wired connection does that work any better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network.206848/
Relevancy 16.77%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 17.63%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 17.2%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 17.2%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 17.63%

Sorry for that long title. Anyway, I was watching some YouTube videos when my wi-fi suddenly stopped worked. With this, I don't mean that I'm not catching signal from my router. I mean that my computer isn't receiving signal from any network. I don't know anyway to fix this, it never happened. I also won't buy a new computer. I got this on Christmas and I think that 7 months isn't that old. Also, the only tutorial I found doesn't applies to my computer (It was for a mac ). I have no idea of how to fix this and if you know, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! (If you are curious of how I am posting this, it works with Ethernet connection)
It's an ASUS computer with Windows 8.

A:My Computer Isn't getting signal from any Wi-Fi Network

Give the following a try and see if it helps:
Go to network sharing center - change adapter setting - click on wifi and then Diagnose this connection.

If this does not help, please let us know and we can suggest something else to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-isnt-getting-signal-from-any-wi-fi-network.203822/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a HP 650 notebook that is in ok condition with Windows 8 OS. It uses a Ralink 3290 wireless adapter for my wi-fi needs. For the past three months, my adapter has been vanishing! I look at the indicator in my bar, and it shows no device available. I open up the Network and sharing Center and select the change adapter settings, and the only thing showing is an ethernet connection that I don't use. I can sometimes get the adapter to return by using the find and fix devices option on the search menu, but sometimes even that doesn't work. I've even been getting the "This device cannot find enough free resources (code 12)" message for the Ralink PCIe from the troubleshooter. while I did see an article on this elsewhere, I had some trouble understanding it. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening to my laptop? Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Vanishing Network adapter and resuorce problem

You might need to update and install the laptops chipset drivers. And also try to update the driver for your wireless adapter from the manufactures site or from the HP support page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vanishing-network-adapter-and-resuorce-problem.203293/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am in an office building with 40 or so tenants. The entire building is wired to one central network (let's call it main network) controlled by SonicWall where each office has one live network drop. The main network is set up in such a way that tenants can plug in their own switches and routers if they want more network connected devices in their office. The office building has a network printer connected to main network where tenants can print to it. However, when tenants have their own routers in their office you cannot really connect to the network printer that is connected to main network. Is there something I can port, bridge or set-up where they can print to it?

A:Printing to network printer on another network

I think that as long as the tenant's router is connected to the main network they should still be able to access that printer provided that the WAN IP address of their routers is within the IP range of the main network where the Network printer is attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-to-network-printer-on-another-network.203071/
Relevancy 21.07%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 21.07%

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 17.2%

I ve read all I can about this online and tried everything I ve come across Since upgrading my internet same ISP the upload on my computer not any others on the network It ranges from megabits to If I boot into linux I get but that s far from the megabits the other Slow Problem: Bizzare Infuriating Upload Network computers on the network get But the strange thing is the problem seems to affect only certain programs My browsers are affected as the internet tests I do are from the browser OBS streaming software will not upload more then megabits about k However utorrent can completely max out my upload I ve tried stopping the WMI service and Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload I have no traffic shaping software installed Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI Z -GD GAMING MS- SOCKET C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz LG TV x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD C GB SanDisk SDSSDHP G SSD C GB TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA C GB Seagate Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload ST DL - VT SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- L Audio ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Various Network info You are connected to the internet Connected through Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type Ethernet NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name CALVINS-PC DNS Name Calvins-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Calvins-PC WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Wi-Fi not enabled WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect Yes IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Connection Name Ethernet NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address D - D- E-F - B- IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server DHCP DNS Server Network Shares Misc D Misc Finished Torrents D Downloads Finished Torrents Games D Games Games E Games Torrents E Downloads Torrents Video D Video Video E Video Current TCP Connections C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users Calvin AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows Explorer EXE G Program Files x Nightly firefox exe G Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster main exe G Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe G Steam Steam exe hola svc exe hola updater exe KillerService exe lsass exe NvNetworkService exe nvstreamsvc exe services exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe System Process System Process wininit exe nbsp

A:Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I figured it out, the Killer NIC on my Z87GD65 mobo was not compatible with NetLimiter. Uninstalling it fixed the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-infuriating-network-problem-slow-upload.201410/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello, I'm new here. I'm trying to fix my sons Asus laptop. it won't connect wirelessly but will connect via ethernet cable. device manager has exclamation point beside network controller. I cannot download drivers for it. can you help?

A:Asus X53E network controller issue/no wireless

"I cannot download drivers for it"... Why? Can you get the driver from here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=114&m=X53E&os=&hashedid=mDFYFQWEpTitMwA6
If the driver won't install, the Wifi card may be bad... Something that doesn't happen very often

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x53e-network-controller-issue-no-wireless.201175/
Relevancy 17.2%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 17.63%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 21.5%

On a home network. My computer runs Windows 7 and this is the printer. I've never done this, but I would like to do it on my own (as much as possible ); I ant to learn how to set up network and share devices on it. If there's a tutorial somewhere about this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks fellas

A:Help me share the printer

What you are probably wanting is a wireless router. The printer is wireless (Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n )). Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, anyone on the network whether wired or wireless will have access. The reason I suggest a wireless router is more possibilities than simply the printer, and the assumption that you don't currently have a network.

If you are already connected to a network and are using the USB 2.0 connectivity, all you would need to do is share the printer within printer properties. This would allow anyone on the network to see and use the device.

Which of the two directions would you like to adventure into? What exactly do you have to work with at the moment, or are you planning on purchasing network gear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-share-the-printer.200244/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 17.2%

Recently my network storage device has stopped me from accessing folders with the exception of music. All my pictures for the last 11 years are on it and not backed up anywhere else. Cannot find manual and have done reset but cannot remember URL to setup or admin username and password. Doesn't seem to be online and Edge is giving me no help whatsoever.

A:Edge DiskGo 3.5" network harddrive

Ouch if this is a NAS Device or has an IP you can use an app called FIng for your mobile device to find its ip so you can put it in the browser and get to the gui site. If you cant try fing you can use angry ip scanner for winwdows to find its ip.

If you want to try and recover files I would try recuva to obtain any data that has been lost. I am not sure if it is lost or just changed in the mapping.

As most guys will tell you here its very good idea to have three forms of back up. Local, external and online. If you don t know how to use fing or any of the software I duscusses please let me know. I will have links to the downloads below. Goodluck.

http://angryip.org/w/Download
For Fing just type in Fing in either google play or Itunes.
For Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edge-diskgo-3-5-network-harddrive.200015/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m having a problem that I gather is fairly common with Windows machines but I haven t been able to find the same case in other threads nor a workable solution among similar cases I have two Windows computers the main laptop on Win and a hybrid tablet on Win I would like drive Win8.1 Trying connect to network to a for both devices to be able to access each other via my home network So for both devices I ve set the network settings to home private I turned on file sharing and discovery and even joined both devices to the same homegroup The end result is that my Win tablet can access my Win laptop both through the homegroup and through direct network access The problem is that my Win laptop cannot do either of those with regard to the tablet in all Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive cases I get the network error message that I cannot access the location and should check it for spelling To try to solve this issue I have attempted -Turning off the Windows firewall on my Win tablet -Looking around to see if I could find my Win tablet to unwittingly belong to some sort of domain have not been able to figure that out The odd thing is that I also tried to test out the network by setting up iTunes on both devices and setting them to share their music libraries via home share and sure enough both devices could access each other s libraries Similarly I was able to access my tablet from my Win laptop through a Remote Assistance invitation Would very much appreciate any advice I can get here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Which Windows 8.1 tablet is this Pro or RT? RT your can't not x86 or x64. Pro you can. Disable Homegroup. Use Workgroup and call it something other than Workgroup like: DANET for example
So do this on laptop and tablet. On laptop make sure the folder is shared out to you the admin or your name example Dan.

So you should have local account on your system called Dan with admin rights. Back on the tablet side you need to create a local account. Did you setup Microsoft account so your login with that account only. You need to create a local account and start using that. It can be done to access the Microsoft account while being on local account while your at home.

If away from home then sign on to Microsoft account to access the cloud features. Or still use the local account and have Microsoft account to access store and skydrive (aka onedrive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-a-win8-1-network-drive.199866/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello Everyone !
Right now I am using a broadband connection as my Internet connection and I have a dsl modem which is wi-fi capable. Two of my frnds share the same Internet connection through wi-fi. The problem is whenever any of us watching YouTube videos or downloading something, the whole speed is consumed by that particular computer. I know that many new modems have the capability to limit the bandwidth usage these days but mine is an older one. So I was wondering if there is any way I can limit the bandwidth for each computer.
Thanks !

A:How to limit the bandwidth for each computer on a wireless network?

You have to have a modem you can log into an has that type of feature. If you are wired into the network, you should be able to limit the wireless bandwidth and keep your wired bandwidth up. Normally go into the modem, go to setting and wireless setting to limit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-limit-the-bandwidth-for-each-computer-on-a-wireless-network.193175/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi there Tech Forum thanks in advance for your help - I have a question about a LAN and stuff There is a modem and a wireless router with LAN ports In one of them there is conected also a switch Network LAN Question with LAN ports - Some weird things have been going on I always get a wireless connection so LAN Network Question no problem there Issues appear with the wired network On one hand I had many times an unidentified network a x x x ip and no LAN Network Question network Nothing changed in configuration on my box or the router and got to connect at MB s while if connected through wi fi I got LAN Network Question more than MB s From a moment on again unidentified network and no signal in the adapter a yellow light would blink quick So now after touching the cable and a little bit of despair not driven to the computer by the way I have a full conection by lan and by wi fi both at a good speed AND weird for me a green light on and the same yellow blinking - So main questions are - What does the green light ON not blinking means - Could there be a difference due to the cable manipulation - Is there a gost inside my router D Thanks a bunch to all of you I try my best to understand computers so now I am happy with the connection but curious on the rest - Regards nbsp

A:LAN Network Question

How new are these devices? Are you using new 'patch' cables? Is DHCP running on only one of the devices? Seems weird that "touching the cable" caused a change.

1. The LEDs differ, but usually one signifies a connection [on/off] and the second signifies activity [blinking]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-question.199370/
Relevancy 17.2%

A colleague at work would like to set up either a SHN or a SBN. What is the best way to go about this? Would it be best to be safe to be cloud based? What equipment is needed etc...?

This will take some discussing, so please ask any questions you need. The intention would be for two/three people to access the information on the network initially. A printer will be shared on the network, allowing scan to email. Laptops would be used to access the network from external sites, this is why I'm thinking of going the cloud based route, so they can log on and access the server from anywhere in the world...

Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Thank You!

A:Setting up a small home/business network

Yes, you can consider the Cloud as a solution for access, BUT . . .
it also brings with it issues like:

security
privacy
backup
ownership
You should start reading about these issues before committing to this solution.

One alternative would be a NAS device connected to your router. Putting your modem, router and NAS on a UPS power system would allow (with proper configuration) external access and you have total control, of all of the issues above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-home-business-network.198198/
Relevancy 18.06%

I woke up this morning and my laptop is having trouble connecting to the internet However internet worked on other laptops and devices so it must be the laptpo s problems I Network Unidentified looked up the problem and I eventually get to a point where I figure out I need a new ip After typing ipconfig renew it says Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection Unidentified Network The sup port for the specified socket type does not exist in this address family No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its m edia disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected I don t know what to do now Please help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Username Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E - -FE- A-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C - -FE- A-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ca Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Unidentified Network Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-BD-FD- - A-B - F- -BC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -A -DA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A-B - F- -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BEE - C- F F- -D B D BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesAnd here s the ipconfig all just in case nbsp

A:Unidentified Network

Wireless? Your laptop isn't getting an IP address is the cause of your issues. Find out of the router has enough allocation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network.198148/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I have a printer
There is no lighting up
The power supply give
red wire about 7 V
blue wire about 11 V

Holding down the power button en stop/reset won't work

How can I test the logic board is defect?

Image logig board

Cheers
Harrie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-printer-pixma-mp610-no-power-no-display.197978/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I What to fail my workgroup causes network have four pc s connected through a GX-D ASUS switch which is now a few years old Two of the pc s have just been upgraded to windows the other two are on windows Also into the switch goes my BT broadband router and my network hp printer n Suddenly I am losing the complete network during normal use Instead of having green lights on my switch one of them goes amber and another has no light on at all If I unplug the switch from the power and then power back up all the What causes my network workgroup to fail lights go orange What causes my network workgroup to fail and then turn to green and the network comes back on This has never happened before until today and it has happened twice really frustrating I am not very techy and think the switch has became faulty Should I go buy a new switch or might it be something else Need it explaining in layman terms please as I don t have a clue Thanks for your help nbsp

A:What causes my network workgroup to fail

Hi Shelley123. If your router has at least 4 Ethernet ports at the rear, there is no need for a switch as you have 4 pc's. If your "router" only has 1 Ethernet port, what you have is a modem. Normally, your Internet signal comes in and goes to a modem first, and if you have more than 1 pc or devices that need wireless connectivity,you would connect a wireless router to that single modem port and connect your 4 pc's to the 4 ports found on most routers.If you had at least 5 devices that need to be connected by Ethernet cable, you would use a switch which you would connect to one of your router's ports, then connect the fourth pc and any other Ethernet device to one of the 4 or more ports on the switch. Are you sure you are using a switch and not a hub? Could you tell us what other hardware you have in your network besides your 4 pc's which you connect by Ethernet cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-causes-my-network-workgroup-to-fail.197556/
Relevancy 17.2%

If I'm able to, how would I go about running a network hub from an existing port on the router?

I.E. Modem->Router->PCs/Hub->TV/PC

In theory I'm trying to run a wired connection to my room and have the ability to have my PC/TV and any other devices connected to the network physically, my wireless strength isn't exactly good and it's very inconsistent at best when it comes to my internet speeds makes it a bit harder to watch Netflix/Play games.

Any insight would be wonderful!

A:Question about a home network using a Linksys WRT54GS2

Modem > Router >

Then use a LAN port on the router to connect to a LAN port on the hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-a-home-network-using-a-linksys-wrt54gs2.197409/
Relevancy 17.63%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am stuck Also I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forum I am trying to work on a friend s Windows desktop PC Dell Inspiron at my house but I cannot connect to my home network or the internet to download network Cannot or to PC connect internet malware scanners removal tools updates to MBAM etc First I was trying with a wireless adapter that it known to be good The network sharing center would say it was connected to the network but there was no internet connection Then I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable The network sharing center just kept saying quot searching for network quot but never would connect I tried disabling then re-enabling the network adaptor and I reinstalled the driver Networking is not my strong suit so is there some setting I may be overlooking It appears the PC on which I am working is already part of a homegroup do I need to leave that group then try to join my existing one set up through my own Win amp PC I don t care about sharing files across Cannot connect PC to network or internet the network in fact I prefer not to in case this thing really is infected I just want internet access on this machine Could some sort of malware be blocking access I sort of doubt this since it was working fine at their home before they brought it to me I could not find any router settings or firewall entries that appeared to be blocking access ZyXEL PK Z DSL modem router provided by CenturyLink Do I need to call my ISP tomorrow Thanks again this community has always been helpful to me nbsp

A:Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Make sure the adaptor isn't set to 'share connection'.

Try using a static IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-pc-to-network-or-internet.197294/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find some answers here. My PCI-e Wifi adapter is working, and I'm able to connect to a wireless access point fine. But when I open my browser and go to google, it will not load. And evetually it says "No network connection."
However, if I plug a different adapter in, everything works perfectly fine.
One weird thing about the first adapter is that sometimes if I refresh the router, it will connect for like five seconds. Then stop working again. The device is fine, and system tray icon for wireless has no warning or disable indication.

A:Network card working but no internet

Power cycle the modem
unplug the router from ac and modem and wait for the router lights to flash and are ready
Power on the router and connect it to the modem
Go into the router and make sure under WAN (internet) it gets the DNS from the ISP there should be two of them listed. If you see 0.0.0. or 192.168.x.x then the Router is not communicating correctly with the modem.

If you see this the router would need a factory reset and re-run the setup again.
If all looks good but it's the PC that not connecting

Open up a dos session prompt run as Admin

Under dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-working-but-no-internet.196381/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey all After shutting down my laptop running Vista the Unidentified Internet no network, connectivity next day I couldn t connect to the internet It connects to the network but says Unidentified network, no Internet connectivity quot unidentified network quot and there is no Unidentified network, no Internet connectivity internet connectivity Now another laptop in my house connects the network fine and internet is working perfectly So it is this laptop causing hassles I don t want to presume but it may have something to do with uninstalling AVG I tried to Unidentified network, no Internet connectivity install AVG day trial and the install failed for some reason I thought it might be some problem to do with older previous AVG versions on the laptop There was no AVG on the add remove programs function in control panel but after seeing bits of AVG over the C drive I downloaded and used AppRemover to completely remove AVG It found AVG or I can t remember exactly and I uninstalled it with that I hibernated the computer a few times and think this was the first time I had shut down the pc since finishing this uninstall Next time I booted up my internet connectivity doesn t seem to be working Just speculating on what the cause of the problem is so am open to any suggestions grinthumb Any help with this would be amazing grinthumb nbsp

A:Unidentified network, no Internet connectivity

Try CCleaner and do a registry sweep.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-no-internet-connectivity.178319/
Relevancy 17.63%

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to 10.0.10.254
The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
Password:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

A:Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-network-not-connecting.195589/
Relevancy 17.63%

After looking for weeks now I found this website that might help me with my problem Please bear in mind that this problem is happening only on my Desktop disconnection when gaming Network Whenever I try to play an online game such as BF CS GO or Gotham Imposters my internet disconnect and then reconnect again resulting me getting kicked out of the game I tried these solutions Reset the modem Reset the router Reinstalling NICs drivers Ran anti virus spyware malware multiple times Reset my network stat using specialized programs Diagnosing the network from netstat to pinging Google Nothing seem to be wrong with it Rebooted the PC over times in the last hours Flushed the DNS Yet the problem is still there and I have no idea how to fix it System specs Windows Home Premium x bit NIC Realtek GBE and ASUS wireless card Router Linksys e And this problem is happening on two network cards so it s not something wrong with my NIC my guess it s something to do with DNS If you have an answer please let me know and if you have questions about extra information let me know so I can post them P S this is my DDS file report that you might need nbsp

A:Network disconnection when gaming

DNS is not the issue. Much more likely you need to
1) update the firmware in your router
2) update the driver(s) for your NIC or WiFI

and then set the router MTU to 1492

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-disconnection-when-gaming.195660/
Relevancy 37.84%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi team,

I have just moved from a wired modem to a wireless adapter a TP link 300MPS N wireless adapter. This works great on one of my computers using XP, however when I plug it into my current Vista operating computer I can not see any wireless networks... I'm wired in at the moment

The adapter works fine and I can see the entire neighbourhoods wifi networks and connect to the internet on one computer, but nothing on the other.

How can I fix this?

Stuart

A:Can't see my wireless network

1st: uninstall & reinstall with the latest drivers from the manufacturer for Vista, be sure to get correct driver - 32bit or 64bit.
2nd: After doing 1st step, if still no dice, try reconfiguring the wireless encryption type, if you are currently using WPA2 change to WPA, or WEP, just humor me and change the type to see if you can then see the wireless network.
3rd: If the previous two things don't work, try resetting the Vista TCP winsock, steps below:

a. Click on Start button.
b. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
c. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
d. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
e. Restart the computer.

Post back & let me know if this helped! Take care!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-my-wireless-network.195204/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a Windows 7 computer wired into my home network. It has a printer attached to it that I have set to share. I have a windows 7 laptop and an XP laptop. Both 7 machines can see open the shared drives on the XP machine but when I try to access the shared drives of either 7 machine from any of the other machines I am asked to give a User ID and a password. This is a private Home network. I have no passwords set up on any of the machines. I'm trying to set up the printer on the two laptops and I can't access it without the User ID Password window popping up. Does anyone know what the problem is?

A:Home Network asking for user ID and password

This is all normal operation for print/file sharing. If you really want sharing without using passwords (imo a security risk), then you need to google for "anonymous sharing"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-asking-for-user-id-and-password.194484/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello,
I'm fairly new at networking.
Devices:
Oce fx300 wired printer
laptop running windows 7
netgear WGR614 v8 with DD-WRT Nokaid firmware

Problem: wireless router connection only established when ethernet cable is connected to router and computer, once unplugged the connection is disabled.

I am attempting to make this wired printer wireless through my wireless router which has been recently fitted with dd-wrt software. I have already set a static ip adress for the computer, and set the local printer connection up. My problem lies withing the router setting I am assuming since it seems like the router wont connect wireless. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-printer-to-wireless-via-router-issues.194602/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,

I had a power outage in the middle of printing a document on my Photosmart C6150 printer. When the power came back on, the printer was frozen and will not come back up to the ready mode. I canceled the print job from my computer and it indicates that the printer is ready, but the printer itself is in a repeat cycle. All I have on the display is the HP logo and a bar that suggests it is trying to come back up. The exclamation point on the panel then flashes and I get a message that tells me of an improper shutdown and tells me to hit "ok". This message then disappears and it starts the cycle all over again. This has been going on now for two hours. Any suggestions???

Thanks

A:Printer will not complete reboot

Try manually shutting it off for a minute and turning it back on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-will-not-complete-reboot.194550/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there,

I am new to home networking.

I am trying to connect 2 of my apartment with network as well as all my rooms.

I wonder if my networking will work in this way? Please advise if I need to change any devices.

A:Will My Home Network Work?

Hmm that diagram is most interesting - - and imo hard to determine what's what.

Try something like:

Code:

isp==modem/router --- wired --- ?
|
+ - - - wifi - - ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-home-network-work.194191/
Relevancy 17.2%

I live in India. I have 12 computers in two workgroup (9 and 3), also I have two different broadband plans of 2mbps on both workgroup.

Now I want to join two networks which I can do with a switch (I think). the main issue is that if I joined the two workgroup in a single network how I can run internet on different workgroup separately. in other words I want different internet broadband lines to two workgroup and also want them in a single network.

I run a shop have 9 computers as a cyber and 3 computers for working on a government website. and I don't want that cyber system use bandwidth of those three computers and also want these 3 computers to be on network so that I can monitor them from 1 place.

Thanks....

A:Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

The key to your issue is where the 9 systems vs the 3 get DHCP replies.
If the 3 systems go to one router, they will get a gateway address of that router AND each system will also get a DEFAULT route pointing to that gateway address.

Here's my IPCONFIG, showing the gateway

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : socal.rr.com
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

and the routing table that gets created with that connection; notice the line beginning with 0.0.0.0 - - that's the default.

Code:
IPv4 Route Table
===================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.5 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.5 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
You must make sure that the two routers have different addresses!!!

Then the 9 systems will have their own gateway and route tables.

Assuming the three systems have a router address of 192.168.3.1 and the 9 systems use 192.168.9.1 [the third digit is the number of systems just to make this discussion clear]

then your problem becomes to connect the two networks inside the routing tables of all systems.

MANUALLY, you add a route using
on the 9.system side
route ADD 192.168.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.9.x METRIC 1​on the 3.system side
route ADD 192.168.9.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.y METRIC 1​​That makes TCP see both sides but only resources specifically requested cross from one side to the other - - USING IP ADDRESSES. If you need print/file shares using names, you will need
to add them to the drivers\etc\hosts file everywhere and the shared systems need fixed addresses :sigh:

I am reluctant to lead you down this path UNLESS you are very experienced as this is considerable customization and will need to be well documented.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-diffrent-interet-service-on-two-workgroup-in-a-network.193922/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am pretty much a novice with regards to networking. We recently built a new house and have wired it with cat 5e wire. I want to share my windstream internet connection over the network as well as be able to share files and use a drobo storage unit. I have a windstream router an a gigabit network switch. Will connecting a direct wire from the modem to the switch allow all the computers to gain access to the internet.

A:Setting Up a Gigabit Network

Correct - - everything attach to the router or a switch hung off of it will be "in the same subnet" as there is only one router. Wifi and wired will look the same to all users and everyone can "play" at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-gigabit-network.193543/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello I am having issues with my internet When I do a test on pingtest net I get - packet loss but when I do the same network the Getting only on same computer on loss packet one test on other computers in my house they get As I m a gamer this is a huge issue because I experience exactly I have experienced EVERYTHING in this description quot Much as it sounds if you have anything less than complete success in Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network transmitting and receiving quot packets quot of data then you are experiencing this problem with your Internet connection It can mean much slower download and upload speeds poor quality Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network VoIP audio pauses with streaming media and what seems like time warping in games -- your connection may even come to a total standstill Packet loss is a metric where anything greater than should cause concern quot from pingtest net Here are my netlyzr results http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ca a- - feb - cc- d - c What ive tried thus far and didnt work Malware scan Uninstalling firewall uninstalling antivirus I have used wired and wireless connections and still getting the same problem FULL scan for viruses etc used win troubleshooter-doesn t have a clue I will admit I have torrented before I have stopped now and I used to get kbps down on bittorrent then I think plusnet my ISP somehow caught on and stopped it then I got kbps Maybe something to do with that has caused the issue I still have Microsoft security essentials on my PC if that might be causing trouble If you need more info please ask thanks Max nbsp

A:Getting packet loss on only one computer on the same network

Describe the network hardware (make/model how old) and your connections to it. I've seen ethernet slots on routers go bad, so swap the cable from one slot to another.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-packet-loss-on-only-one-computer-on-the-same-network.193353/
Relevancy 20.64%

I've got an Infoprint 1534 that is putting a thin blue streak down the left side of all pages. Someone told me they empty the waste canister when this happens, is that right? I'm not very knowledgeable about printers. There's what appears to be a "waste canister" on the left side which comes out and is full of dark coloured fine dust. Do I dump this out? Any direction is greatly appreciated.

A:Blue streak down side of papers from colour printer

I guess so. Waste is waste! Printers can do funny things when they aren't configured correctly. I'd say that dust is rubbing on each page as it comes out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-streak-down-side-of-papers-from-colour-printer.193767/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 17.2%

I m hoping to get some help on this because I ve spent hours and hours during the last days trying to fix this problem on my own No luck Please I m trying to connect to a public wifi network at home on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad and while it shows that the computer none but Unidentified network. Packets No access. internet set received. is connected to the network it shows quot unidentified network no internet access quot and I Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access. m unable to go online My housemate has a Mac laptop and it connects without any problems When I go to quot Wireless Network Connection Status quot it shows that packets have been sent but received Operating System is Windows bit This is what I get from the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dasha-THINK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-BB-C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes As you can the default gateway is blank I run McAfee and I already tried disabling the firewall and then uninstalling McAfee thinking it s the cause of my problem but nothing changed When I try to ping I get lost and packets sent and received I hope someone will be kind enough to offer some ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.161.62(Preferred)Click to expand...

that's the problem - - not attached to your router.
"Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed" is typically the reason.

save the attached file to disk and rename by removing the .TXT suffix

double click and allow the change.

disconnect the ethernet cable, wait 30 seconds and then reattach it

+30 seconds more and repeat the IPCONFIG /ALL

you should see Note Type hybrid and a real IP address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-packets-set-but-none-received-no-internet-access.193127/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all just need a little help from you smarter people.

I have lots of devices on my wireless all work fine until this Hp notebook starts it seems to kick everything else off the network. So now called the death machine by all the family. Is this just a setting on the notebook that causes this? It happens on all networks that it joins to and stops as soon as the computer goes back into sleep.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks Oli

A:Notebook network issue (death machine)

Likely you have an IP address conflict - - two machines with the same address.
This will cause problems with everything attached to that same router (wifi or wired).

Make sure ALL devices do not use manual settings but rather use automatic DHCP for both IP and DNS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-network-issue-death-machine.193051/
Relevancy 37.41%

Help please?

I have recently moved to a rented property and have had fibre broadband installed. The hub is next to the modem which had to be placed at the main telecom entry point to the house. This means that the hub and modem are in the sitting room. I want to have my printer upstairs but do not wish to run a cable all the way from the hub to the printer. I do have a couple of old wireless hubs - a Belkin and a 2-Wire. Would it be possible to put one of these upstairs hardwired to the printer and configure one of these to pick up the wireless signal from the new hub? Or am I mad??

A:Using a router to create connection from a wireless network to a wired printer

Hey winkent. I see a need for more info.

Is your "modem" a combo modem/router, and if so, is it a wireless model?
How many pc's are being used and how do they connect, wired or wirelessly?
Is this printer a network printer (has an Ethernet jack)?
Are these hubs or are they switches?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-to-create-connection-from-a-wireless-network-to-a-wired-printer.192877/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi My dad has recently taken to working from home but his laptop struggles to connect to the WiFi but it s ludicrously slow He needs to use the wireless printer and so I told him download the drivers for it it s a HP Photosmart C The download speed was sitting at around Kbps which is ridiculous I suggested connecting it with an Ethernet cable directly from the router It says it connected but it wont connect to the internet there aren t any packets of data being received so I ran an ipconfig test I ll put the results below I network - Windows problems. XP ve tried it on two diffrent router each one is the same Not too sure what to do I don t use XP so don t really know my Windows XP - network problems. way around and its not my laptop so I Windows XP - network problems. don t know who s done what to it He s blaming it on me fiddling with the printer Cheers for any help Ipconfig results Windows XP - network problems. with WiFi disabled and connect via Ethernet cable Windows IP configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Conection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway nbsp

A:Windows XP - network problems.

So far so good. you should be able to ping these:
ping 10.221.35.1​ping 8.8.8.8​then try
ping google.com​
please report ipconfig /all results too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-network-problems.192830/
Relevancy 17.2%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 17.63%

I just moved to an area where high speed internet is unavailable I ve been using my phone and tethering the data for internet so far which was been working fine However I have been wanted to use my wireless printer without having to go to the room it is in and plugging into it directly I m pretty good with computers but networking somtimes gets me Setting network an up offline wireless pretty confused What I want to do is have a wireless network that I can use to connect to my printer which supports wifi printing but that network doesn t need to Setting up an offline wireless network be online since my only source of internet is my phone I thought I could just set up a network like normal but not supply it with internet but unfortunetly when I connect to this network even though I am still connected to my other quot network quot I can t use the internet Is there any way to solve this problem Hopefully I am Setting up an offline wireless network clear and someone will understand my problem Let me know if you have any other questions and I ll do my best to answer them Thanks nbsp

A:Setting up an offline wireless network

Before you leap into using your cell as an Internet connection,
make sure you understand the charges for DATA for your cell phone provider - -
it can be 100s of dollars per hour!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-an-offline-wireless-network.156447/
Relevancy 18.06%

I didn't know where to post this so, I taking a blind shot. I just started in a company where they don't have documentation of the network connected to which computer, data jack, patch panel number, and switch, and etc... Can anyone tell me where I can get a template or outline for this? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Network documentation

No one at this company can help you with this? If not, take some time to document this yourself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-documentation.192457/
Relevancy 17.63%

I recently put my computer tower in my bedroom hooked up to my TV.
Everything is great, except I don't have the internet (no cable and not looking to drill into my floor).

My router is close by and signal is strong so I just want to install a wireless network card.
Problem is, the ones I see online seem to be for the PCI-e slot. Well, I have a video card already occupying my PCI-e slot. It's also really thick so it also takes up two slots )covering what looks like to be the spot I would put the Network Card).

The only accesable slots remaining are the two white PCI slots at the very bottom. Can a wireless network card be installed in one of those slots? Got any recommendations for one that will work?

MOBO Specs here

Here's the Mobo

Thank you all very much for your help!

A:Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

Yes, you can use a PCI wireless adapter. There are various brands and models but I don't have a specific recommendation because I don't happen to use one. Most are not too expensive.

As an alternative you can use a USB wireless adapter. I've used one on the end of a 3' USB cable extension so I could move it around for better reception. I have this installed on one of my PCs and it's a Rosewill USB adapter with an external antenna (RNX-G1). The RNX-G1 has been superseded by newer models which I haven't tried yet but it works well and I like it a lot. I've used a couple other brands but Rosewill has worked the longest and most reliably so far. USB wireless adapters are fairly inexpensive and very simple to install. You just install the driver/software package first, then plug in the USB adapter, it gets detected by the PC, then select your wireless network (SSID) and enter the password. It gets its power from the USB port and needs no external power source.

Another alternative which I use on my main computer is a wireless AP or access point. These are generally much more expensive and require a bit of work to configure and set up but once it is set up all you do is plug it into your computer's LAN port via a network cable. No software needs to be installed on your PC except for the LAN driver which should already be installed. I use this method because it doesn't tie up any USB ports and I have several computers that I rotate in and out of my computer desk and all I have to do is plug in the LAN port, hit the reset button on the AP and it's connected. A wireless AP needs to be plugged in for power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-wireless-network-card-for-my-mobo.192604/
Relevancy 21.93%

Just bought a new cannon pixma printer as soon as it was plugged in the computer blew can anyone help with this

A:New printer

Blew how? Explain exactly what it did please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-printer.192484/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there!

I would like to have a network organized as following:

The aim of this is to best control traffic of the smartphones. I would like to analyse the outgoing traffic...

Would this be possible? If not, any solution that could do it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:DCHP for wireless network with WRT54GL and DD-WRT

I understand what you are attempting (mostly).

I don't understand the TOWER between the second firewall and the cellphone.

When the cell makes a call, it is to a cellphone service provider and thence outward to websites et al
(not inward). If your Deban at192.168.0.15 has a server, your drawing is NOT how it would occur.

So how would the cellphone make a connection to your WiFi router as apposed to connecting to any other website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dchp-for-wireless-network-with-wrt54gl-and-dd-wrt.188879/
Relevancy 21.5%

If you tie-dye your own paper, let it dry and then put it in the printer and try to print a paper, will it ruin your printer?

A:Tie-Dye paper vs. Printer

Not sure why you would want to do this. But, it shouldn't mess up your printer if it's completely dry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tie-dye-paper-vs-printer.192474/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 17.2%

I've got a guy who wants to double password protect his wifi. I know that having strong encryption, and a long password with alpha-numeric and non-alpha-numeric characters would work better for him, but I'm not sure I can convince him of that. Is there a way that I can require two passwords to get into a wireless network?

A:Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

I dont think it is possible unless you invest in some expensive hardware such as those at businesses (where you need to login on a login page).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-require-two-passwords-to-access-a-wireless-network.192153/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi There -

Hoping someone can come up with a new solve on this. My asus Eee PC has "lost" it's connection to the atheros AR/8121/AR8113/AR8114P network adaptor.

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers, tried reboot, tried creating a new connection. Computer says the device is working fine but no internet still and the unplugged error persists.

Is it simply that I need a new card?

Please help the ASUS is dangerously close to a window.......................

A:Network cable unplugged

What errors come up? Also, this is a wireless connection right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged.192181/
Relevancy 17.2%
A:ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a HP laserjet 4014dn. Only when I print large reports, I get a little bit of black residue on the edge of the paper. I just replaced the maintenance kit, but it only helped alittle. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of it?

A:Printer issue

Not sure if this will help, but maybe cleaning the drum may help? http://www.ehow.com/how_4811815_clean-printer-drum.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-issue.192043/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an Asus P8P67 pro mobo with the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection network adapter built in. It currently is using ver 11 driver.
I found the latest driver (PROWinx64.exe) to update it (I'm having some issues).
When I try to update it, I get an error box that says:

"The installed version of Intel Proset is not supported for upgrades. You must uninstall it before installing this version".

When I go to Device Manager to uninstall the Gigabit Network Connection in order to install this update...Windows re-installs it before I can run the update. Thus I can't update the driver. How do I stop Windows 7 from automatically updating this driver so that I will have time enough to manually update it with the downloaded newer driver?

I'm Running Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas?

A:Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection upgrade issues

Uninstall through Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Uninstalling through the Device Manager is only temporary and does not actually get rid of the driver. Basically, it just disconnects the device from the driver. As you found out it will reinstall itself every time you restart the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-r-82579v-gigabit-network-connection-upgrade-issues.191475/
Relevancy 21.07%

Why would the printer change from normal operation change to printing emails in cryptic
I'm asking this to try help out my neighbor . But I was wondering if the email was the cause ?
regards drecked

A:Printer started printing cryptic text

Open NOTEPAD, type a few lines and the <ctl>P to print it.

If it is reproduced correctly, then it's the goofy email,

otherwise, disconnect power, wait a minute or two,
then go through the printer settings and test again.

Still having a problem, download and install new firmware from the vendor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-started-printing-cryptic-text.191448/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am trying to print a trial balance using peachtree DOS program and the above printer.

It prints alright but extends every page of trial balance into two pages. For every page, it prints
the last line on the next page and then goes on to next page. I am trying to say that
it uses 4 pages for 2 pages of print material. If it can print 2 more lines on a page, then it can
accomplish this task in 2 pages. At present the printer setup will only allow 60 lines/page.
Is there a compression code that I can use to increase the no. of lines that the printer will
print per page?

Any help will save me half the no. of pages.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hl2700cn-brother-printer.191423/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a HP LaserJet Earlier this week I was using my laptop with a phone and an external hard drive both connected to the laptop HP power printer 2430 since error surge will USB LaserJet print not through USB connectors However when I connected the HP LaserJet using a printer cable with HP LaserJet 2430 printer will not print since USB power surge error a USB connector I received a message that said USB Power Surge Error or something similar Since then I have not been able to print I bought a new printer cable and it still does not work I ve been able to use the USB port on the laptop by connecting other items and they work fine so that s not the problem I am able to use the Menu button on the Printer to print out the Printer Info such as configuration page usage page etc However I can not get the Printer to work via a Printer Cable I keep receiving an error that says This document failed to print Is it possible the port which accepts the cable on the printer is damaged My family uses this printer on a daily basis Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated Thanks Rachel nbsp

A:HP LaserJet 2430 printer will not print since USB power surge error

I forgot to add that the printer previously worked using this USB Printer Cable for years prior to this.

I'm still looking for help on this. If anyone has any knowledge regarding this, PLEASE let me know.
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laserjet-2430-printer-will-not-print-since-usb-power-surge-error.189947/
Relevancy 17.63%

I keep getting DNS errors when trying to use the internet on an iMac on my network. The DNS errors sort of come and go. RIght now it's fine, but 5 minutes ago it wasn't. It keeps happening. Now that I think of it, this iMac sometimes also has issues connecting to the internet. One second it's working, then suddenly browsing the internet just times out. Again, every other computer on the network would work fine though.

I'm behind a wrouter that's connected to a modem. How can I begin to figure out what's the issue?

Thanks in advance.

A:DNS error on one computer in network

Which OS X are you using? Try flushing the DNS cache: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5343

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-error-on-one-computer-in-network.191162/