Windows Support Forum

Random shut-downs

Q: Random shut-downs

So, a few months ago I bought a Dell inspiron 5552 laptop and in the past month or two I have been dealing with problems which are becoming VERY frequent. At random times, especially when I'm gaming, my laptop switches off - even when my laptop is cool. I downloaded Piriform's Specci and here are the results I got for the following hardware (Celsius): CPU 51, Motherboard 52, Hard drive 38 - These are the results on balanced and Dell battery life extender enabled. I've seen videos of dusting a laptop's ventilation system however their temperatures didn't seem to make a significant difference so I didn't try it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random shut-downs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random shut-downs

Most probable issue is still the cooling and secondly too much power drain via graphics adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs.194835/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello There I m new to the forums I normally don t go making posts because pretty much all the time I downs shut Random search for something someone else already has an answer I got a problem with my computer Here s the specs Bit Windows Ultimate PSU OCZ StealthX W CPU AMD Phenom X Heatsink CoolerMaster not stock RAM GB X GB OCZ DDR - Platinum Video XFX Radeon HD MHZ GB GHZ Random shut downs Sound Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer amp Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio HDD X GB amp X GB SATAII My computer has recently started shutting down on it s own I have my PC running doing multiple things at all times I broadcast three radio stations amongst many other programs - Although with my specs it barely uses up of system resources at any given time It started happening around the same time my PSU went bad I thought the cause at that time was my CPU I tested it and it was infact dead I got myself another one locally and RMA s the OCZ one The computer actually ran fine for a while and then it started happening again I though maybe it was a coincidence since the PSU I got locally wasn t as a high quality I had maybe not pumping enough power I then decided to take that one out and put my new OCZ PSU back in This is same W model but a replacement My computer ran ok for a little while but then a big heatwave hit and we were getting around - C F - and my computer started shutting down again I honestly didn t think it was a PSU issue anymore as each time it turned down I had to wait a while before turning it back on So my next guest was obvious OVERHEATING I downloaded SpeedFan and noticed immeditaly that my CPU was averaging in the - C and my GPU was at - I thought I nailed it at that point so I ordered a new Video CArd It was due for an upgrade anyways and also a heatsink fan from CoolerMaster Very good reviews Such bad luck it took a couple days to get here and during that time I figured I d keep using my PC as best as possible - but the very next day my Video card jsut crapped out and my PC would no longer boot POST When I took it out it worked I waited until I got my new ATI Radeon HD and put that in with the CoolerMaster heatsink MY PC then booted up normally without a problem First thing I did was start up SpeedFan and checked tempatures WOOHOO CPU and GPU are contantly running - C I really thought I had it fixed This was done Monday It s now Thursday and my PC shut down this morning I couldn t start it up immediately as normal but when I did my first thing was SpeedFan - All temps were normal I kept an eye on it not one hour later it shut down agaain at normal temp Skeptical I waited and this time decided to do a RAM test The test was running normally with no error and when I tried to cancel out of it Continuous test - PC Shut down Waited a few minutes and tried again This time I watched the temp in the BIOS and they were infact - C I pretty much ruled out heat issue as I keep my inside very clean I m a qualified technician full time job so I m extremely comfortable doing anything in the PC I also blow the dust out of it regularly I have everything connected to a commercial grade APC Surgeprotector which indicates no error - I also tested for fault on both the APC unit and the wall outlet with no problems I m thinking RAMs MB - I m basically looking for a second or more opinions What do you guys think nbsp

A:Random shut downs

I would also like to add that when it does shut down, If I try to start it up again immediately it doesn't shut down again - lights in the fans will turn on but the PC will not POST. It will just hang there (Nothing on monitors).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs.150471/
Relevancy 82.56%

Sorry, but I'm a newbie at this....I have been having random shut downs on my new all in one (Gateway) and don't know if you would call that a BSOD?
When I come back to my pc I have to start over (start up button on side) and I get a small blue window that encourages me to send details to Microsoft....these files will be sent:
C:\windows\minidump\092313-20421.dmp
C:\users\tim\appdata\local\temp\WER-46781.0.sysdata.xml
C:\indows\memory.dmp
Should I follow the BSOD posting instructions, or is this an issue for a different area?
Thanks for your assistance.

A:I have been having random shut downs

Hello PalmettoQuilter, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes, please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information.

Hopefully someone will be able to help soon afterwards.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31866-i-have-been-having-random-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all I m new to the forums so forgive me if I make an etiquette error I ve recently rebuilt my rig ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard ASUS EAH DI S GD Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Patriot Viper II Random shut downs Sector Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model PV G ELK Crucial RealSSD C CTFDDAC MAG- G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD water cooled and running Windows bit I get random errors that either cause or force me to reboot the computer It happens during different activities so is difficult to pin down Here s WHEN it happens Initiating apps like flash apps playing Star Craft II and running skype playing Dragon Age and absolutely randomly I ve replaced the power supply which was old and am now running a W with a solid rail so I don t think its a power issue I ve used mem-test Random shut downs to test my RAM over night that came out fine I ve used some of AMD s utilities to stress test the processor over night and that was fine I can run SD Mark and play Fall Out Vegas on the rig with no issues so I hesitate to call the video card the culprit I m at a loss The error message changes with the crash making it even harder to pin down Here s the data from the most recent crash Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA AC BCP B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Drapester AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Any ideas Thanks so much for your time and help dear forum nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi my computer has been shutting down randomly by itself, i have taken it back where i bought it from, he said there was dust in the ram slots and he cleaned it out, the next week it started happening again. I am running Windows Vista with a custom built PC. any tips would be great

Relevancy 82.56%

Ever since last night, my computer has been randomly shutting itself down as if someone just unplugged it and I have NO idea why. I don't notice any pattern to it, it just seems to just randomly shut itself off.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3063 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, 1535 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430696 MB, Free - 662775 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P7P55D LE
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 82.56%

My other computer randomly shuts down anywhere from being on for 5 minutes to an hour or so.

I'm pretty sure it's not overheating, It runs at about 39-42c.

I ran Spybot S&D, it found like 2 things.

I also ran Adaware, it found 1 thing.

I updated both before using also.

Im not sure what else to do to find out what is causing the shut downs.

Thanks in Advance.

Relevancy 82.56%

ive had random shut downs before they normaly have no pattern of when it shuts down i just push the plugs back in but i have tried that and it still random shut down it i can be playing games for a while then it would just turn off and then on the other hand it could be a instant shut down as soon as i press the power button i have run it on safe mode ran malwarebytes anti virus then when i turn it off it asks me to do a system restore and it all starts over again

Relevancy 82.56%

So I have the same problem with my laptop computer shutting off by itself. It is a Lenovo 3000, N200, about 1 year old. It randomly shuts off while I am using it, this has occurred about 7-8 times in the past 3 weeks. Does the same advice apply, should I try to open it up somehow and clean it out? Am not really familiar with laptops.

Relevancy 82.56%

My Computer is randomly shuting down. No common cause. seems that I have a lot of programs running in the background using a lot of memory space.

I've been using just the XP firewall and e-trust realtime monitoring.

Actually the only time it seems to be shuting down is when we try to run to many programs or high memory demanding programs.

Relevancy 82.56%

System specs OS Windows ultimate Random shut downs bit CPU athlon x RAM Random shut downs gb of I don t know what MB ECS-USA GeForce PM-M GPU sapphire hd HDD gb caviar black WD HDD gb Maxtor something or other PSU Corsair CMPSU- CX Builder Series My problem is that my computer randomly shuts down It is very much like a power outage has occurred one second Random shut downs my computer is fine and the next it is completely off According to event viewer it has happened times since july two of those times being today It usually happens when the computer is idle though it has also happened once when I was surfing the internet I should also note that I purchased the graphics card and the power supply at the beginning of june I also purchased the WD hard drive a couple weeks ago but the problem has been happening since before I got it Also my cpu idles at about degrees Celsius and my graphics card idles at about degrees Celsius I m thinking the problem is a bad power supply but my knowledge of hardware is pretty poor nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs.1014746/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi shut-downs Pop-ups and random I'm on my mom's XP-running Compaq computer and there's a lot of crap on it The problem I'm having right now is there are still pop-up ads coming and occasionally it'll just shut off without warning Prior to that it was having something with lsass exe causing Pop-ups and random shut-downs an 'error' Pop-ups and random shut-downs and making it reboot -- I'd heard it's a worm symptom but I don't think I managed to extract it I haven't had that error since installing a firewall but it could be lurking there still I've gone through this thing with both Spybot and Ad-Aware and Spybot picked up something called Dyfuca Internet Optimizer that it wasn't able to remove because it was 'already running ' and Ad-Aware keeps finding something called Win Worm Agobot E that seems to keep coming back between each scan Maybe they're the same thing I dunno I've tried also getting the XP security patch updates but Microsoft keeps timing out as it scans my system for needed updates Any help would really be appreciated at this point Here's the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system savedump exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS aim exeC WINDOWS System mapi exeC WINDOWS system msCMTSrvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS System winproc exeC WINDOWS RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http qus hpwis com N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default ns y slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - A E F - - - -ACE C E EBE - C WINDOWS cdmdownld nnotkunkyq dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run WCOLOREAL quot C Program Files Coloreal coloreal exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeO - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run... Read more

A:Pop-ups and random shut-downs

Hello copperdog and welcome to the BC malware forum. After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Step #1Download CCleaner and install it but do not run it yet.Now we need to remove a service.Open Notepad and Copy/Paste the contents of the quote box below into the new document:  Const title = "Service Removal Tool"Set oWS = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")sService = inputbox("Removing Service:",title,"MAPI")If sService = "" thenmsgbox "Script halted. No changes were made.", vbInformation, titlewscript.quitEnd IfstrComputer = "."Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")Set colListOfServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery _("Select * from Win32_Service Where Name = '" & sService & "' or displayName = '" & sService & "'")If colListOfServices.count > 0 ThenFor Each objService In colListOfServicesobjService.StopService()wscript.Sleep 10000objService.ChangeStartMode("Disabled")wscript.Sleep 2000objService.Delete()Msgbox "The " & sService & " service has been removed or marked for deletion.", vbInformation, titleNextElseMsgbox "The " & sService & " service was not found.", vbInformation, titleEnd IfSave the file to your desktop as remsvc.vbs and close Notepad. Locate the remsvc.vbs file on your desktop and double-click on it to run it. Click the Ok button and wait for a messge box saying the service has been removed or marked for deletion.Step #2Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Step #3Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9A11E2F5-5217-3118-8587-ACE1C04E0EBE} - C:\WINDOWS\cdmdownld\nnotkunkyq.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Process Manager] winproc.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows DLL Loader] C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL16.EXEO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Process Manager] winproc.exeNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Step #4We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:Click Start.Open My Computer.Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View tab.Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known types option.Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Click OK.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):C:\WINDOWS\System32\mapi32.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\winproc.exeC:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL16.EXEC:\WINDOWS\cdmdownld\ <--folderStep #5Start CCleaner and click on the Run Cleaner button in the lower right-hand corner. When it is finished close CCleaner.Step #6Reboot normally and run at least 2 of the following on-line virus scans:Bitdefender <<<Add a check by 'Autoclean'.RAV <<<Add a check by 'Autoclean', leave everything else as is.eTrust <<<'Cure' whatever is found, then delete if unsuccessfulHousecall <<<Put on 'Autoclean' and delete what it can't clean.Panda ActiveScan <<<Accept default settingsIf there are any files that cannot be automatically disinfected or quarantined then you will need to delete them manually.Step #7AdAware SE v1.06Download, install, update, configure and run a scan with Ad-aware SE v1.06:Download and Install ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26875/pop-ups-and-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 82.56%

I wasnt sure where to post this so I figured I'd just throw it here and a mod can move it if they see it nessicary. So a computer I just built was running fine with windows 7 and I had the hard drive from my old computer in it and I was transfering files from my old hard drive to my new one and my computer randomly shuts down. I tried to start it up after it shut down and it got 1/2 way through bootup and it would just turn off. Then I started it again and put it in safe mode and it worked fine. Then I unplugged my old hard drive and tried booting back into Windows 7 and it worked, I installed a few programs but then while I was downloading Firefox it shut off and now wont get past the mobo screen. Any ideas what the problem could be?

A:Random Shut Downs

Let's start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

Quote:

FurMark download site: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:

Prime95 download site: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Quote:

Two other video stress tests (may be more stressful than FurMark):
Video Memory stress Test - http://nvworld.ru/utilities/vmt/
Artifact Locator - http://nvworld.ru/utilities/alocator/
Sorry, but I don't read the language that this website is made in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-shut-downs-518755.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My laptop keeps randomly shutting down for no reason Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Richard on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Richard exe --------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM Random Shut downs? EXE Random Shut downs? C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Spybot - Random Shut downs? Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files No-IP DUC exe c program files internet explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Richard Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Richard exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler ProgramFilesFolder Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C Program Files AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLs O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -at... Read more

A:Random Shut downs?

;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2008-06-12 19:18:52
PROTECTIONS: 1
MALWARE: 31
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
Windows Defender 1.1.3604.0 No No
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
00139059 Cookie/Traffic Marketplace TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
00139060 Cookie/Casalemedia TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
00139061 Cookie/Doubleclick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\rich[email protected][2].txt
00145457 Cookie/FastClick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
00145731 Cookie/Tribalfusion TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
00145738 Cookie/Mediaplex TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
00159564 Cookie/WUpd TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
00167642 Cookie/Com.com TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
00167642 Cookie/Com.com TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5r86vbta.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
00167744 Cookie/GoStats TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5r86vbta.default\cookies.txt[.gostats.com/]
00167744 Cookie/GoStats TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5r86vbta.default\cookies.txt[.gostats.com/]
00167753 Cookie/Statcounter TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
00168056 Cookie/YieldManager ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-shut-downs-258910.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am new to random downs shut this so I will try to explain my problem and hopefully someone can help me out every time I try to use windows media player the system reboots here is what i have and am running OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name WLYFI QVTFJ KH System Manufacturer NVIDIA System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name WLYFI QVTFJ KH me Time Zone Mountain Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB random shut downs Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys my ram is gig of matched each I have random shut downs tried reformating and reinstalling and every time it get worse now I am having random reboots when trying to look at jepegs on the internet form time to time the computer will freeze and I have to do a hard shut down the screen saver will sometimes cause it to freeze If any one could help me i would really appreciate it Thank you Roy nbsp

A:random shut downs

try going here and running their full tests, its free and will show you everything that is going on with your system. As far as windows media player try removing program and reinstalling a new one.
http://pcpitstop.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs.287714/
Relevancy 82.56%

Good Day Doctors,
I'm helping my friend with his HP pavilion laptop. It turns off randomly. While looking at it for an hour I notice it turning off and than rebooted.

Could it be set to restart within an hour?

Please let me know what to look for or test to run.
This system has: Win XP home,pentium 4, 3.00ghz,384 ram

Thanx in advance
Steve

With a laptop, my first thought would be heat.

What are the system temps?

Have you cleaned the intake/exhaust vents with air?

Does the laptop do the same thing on battery power and AC?

Does it do the same thing in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs.809175/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a Dell XPS 720 running a high def golf simulator... it is randomly shutting down on me...sometimes this can occur three times in an hour.. sometimes it can go for three days... no error messages...no logs.... I returned my first one because I thought it was defective...now I have another brand new machine and it is doing the same thing!!

The Dell likely cannot handle the temperatures generated, nor the power supply demands, nor the Video Graphics, and may not have adequate memory. You will have to experiment with replacesments to each in order to figger out which is the cause. If you have 2 GB of memory, then it is one of the other three... starting with thermal paste on the heatsink, better heatsink fan that is not held down by plastics hooks. If you already have the memory, I would start with a better video graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs.103679/
Relevancy 82.56%

i m having a real issue my laptop it just powers off for no reason i mean no BSOD no overheating i don t even have to touch it downs shut with random help and boom just shuts down i m running vista i know hold your applause and i see a little triangle in the system tray with an exclamation point in it when i cursor over it the message reads quot MSASCui exe - Corrupt Disk quot but it seems like i have - min max before the system powers off which means i can t run chkdsk or any other system scans this was my FINAL straw with vista so i grabbed my xp disk and started the countdown i was right at the blue screen about to format it help with random shut downs all but knowing my luck it would power down mid-format so i was going to let the computer idle for about min and i was right min in and blank screen so if i can t run a scan and i cant even wipe the machine WTF am i supposed to do any and all suggestions are welcome -setotitan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-random-shut-downs.770281/
Relevancy 82.56%

I just got my computer about a month ago and it has started to randomly shut down while I am doing things. It also always shuts down when I leave it on. I scanned with like 3 different programs and none say there are any viruses. I have no clue whats wrong. please help! thanks

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi BSOD/random shut downs HP all I have a few month HP BSOD/random shut downs old HP Pavilion m notebook in the past two days it has HP BSOD/random shut downs given me several blue screens of death sometimes it will just shut down completely with no warning sometimes the screen distorts and the computer starts making a loud blaring screaming noise then HP BSOD/random shut downs it shuts off or i am forced to power it down with the button after each of these episodes it takes several tries to get the computer to turn back on the power light will come on and the fan will start to whir but otherwise nothing moniter stays black i realize my computer is probably screwed this is very frustrating and scary any advice is appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

HELP
my laptop has started to randomly shutdown...!

No warning or alert just switched off...
I have run every virus scan that i know and there is nothing...
Could it be the temperature cos it sure does get hot!

I have noticed that the fan sems to be running for a long time to but it may be that i have only just noticed.

Please, any advice!?!!
I am trying to finish my OU degree and I have to keep on restarting my work and saving every 20 seconds!!!

A:Random laptop shut downs.....!

If the fans seem like they run for a long time, I would check to make sure the vents are clean without any obstructions, dirt, etc. Also make sure where ever you place the laptop that you are not blocking the vents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-laptop-shut-downs.732301/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I just received my new laptop yesterday. I have not experienced any issues through out the day except it just randomly shuts down. It even happens when the adapter is plugged in. But it has happened a couple time when I was in the windows 8 app store, browsing on internet explorer, updating guild wars 2, and when I was spectating a game of league. I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same issues or have any solutions.

A:y500 Random Shut Downs

yes. this just happened to me twice! I literally just took the laptop out of the box about an hour ago.  It's brand spanking new

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y500-Random-Shut-Downs/td-p/945361
Relevancy 81.7%

My HP Notebook, a Pavilion zt1250, started just shutting off. I called HP and the tech said to disconnect power cord and remove battery, then hold down power button for 2 minutes and let go, hook up and turn on. And this works for several hours and then the problem returns. Anyone know why this helps and better still, how to fix it for good.

Relevancy 81.7%

I'll start by saying my PC used to run XP and it ran it fine Never a problem I bought it from a friend and it ran like a dream for months Edit-was able to get in long enough to get the specs AMD Athlon X GHz GB ram GB hdd If anyone needs to strange. shut-downs. Very Random know anything else I'll do my best to find out It was more of a backup computer since my friend gave Random shut-downs. Very strange. me a deal So I figured I'd ditch XP and install my Windows Ultimate So I did and it all went well I got into for a few minutes and decided to reboot to see how quickly it could get back up This is when the power downs started happening It would start after the BIOS screen around the time the Windows logo animation was coming up The whole thing would just power down like I pulled the plug Other times it'd actually get through and get into the login screen and power down again Then if I did make it into Windows it'd wait anywhere from seconds to seconds before just powering down again No real pattern formed I tried installing bit and bit versions Exact same issues So I figure screw this and install Vista Same thing just that in the beginning it'd power down in the same situations but every or boot ups it'd let me into Windows and I could do whatever I wanted for as long as I wanted That lasted about hours before it shut down again It's never at a specific time as the only pattern is that it often happens sometime during bootup and if I can log in it shuts down either really quickly or sometimes not at all for a few hours I tried switching outlets I tried startup recovery I updated my BIOS Nothing Safe mode won't load it just powers down It's not overheating as the BIOS temp menus indicate the whole thing is running at cool temps across the board and it never runs too long at any given time obviously You'd figure that'd rule out overheating It wasn't any one app as I formatted before installs of both and Vista and the same thing happened before I installed anything new on either It never did this when I was running on XP when I bought it and it only started when I decided to install So that to me would rule out bad apps I can't figure this out for the life of me It's like something software related killed it and even after formatting it's still there My guesses so far would be the power supply going crazy or something might be loose inside as I did install a new DVD burner to replace the old one but that went fine and it didn't start then But it seems like the PC never powers down when I'm not doing anything-it's always when I'm installing or running something never when I'm idle If anyone has any advice or knows anything I don't which could be quite a bit I'd be hugely grateful for any support at all Any questions plz ask

A:Random shut-downs. Very strange.

So far I logged in and it's not crashed yet.

Keyword: yet. After 2 days of headaches I fully anticipate I'll lose my patience and take this thing into the local PC repair place, which while very good at their jobs, isn't something I like to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-shut-downs-very-strange-461072.html
Relevancy 81.7%

HI,I have a problem with random shut downs & freezes this will happen at various times no pattern at all.
I have ran scans and i read tw247's post and my sons PC is doing almost the same things is PC is doing i
believe there is a bug buried somewhere in system and my knowledge of the workings of is not great just enough to be dangerous and if i am really lucky it will be in the registry which is one where a novice need not go unless you want to turn your PC into a door stop any ideas would be appreciated,thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/382277-random-freezes-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My in-laws PC, which I built for them, has recently started to shut down on it's own. They also claim that sometimes it will not boot up. I have it back at my house, and it seems to be running fine. I let it run overnight, ran it through some benchmarks to stress it, and it seemed fine.

I see in the Event Viewer, under system, there are a number of critical errors relating to unexpected shut downs. My question is this. If the system shut off due to excessive heat, would that trigger a specific error in the Event Viewer, or would it just give the unexpected shutdown error?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68037-diagnosing-random-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 81.7%

hey guys,

Windows 7 pro 32bit
ASUS P5LD2 bios date 8/28/09 ver.2002
Intel 945P (Lakeport-P) + ICH7R
Intel Pentium D 940 multi core
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
3072 MB Ram
1 WD 500gig HDD
1 Seagate 1tb HDD

this was the 2nd time it happened(an unexpected shut down).i installed win7(retail) about a week ago.now this is happening,i don't know what to do please help.

my zip file has the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 and System health report in it.

A:getting alot of random shut downs

Welcome!

It seems like a hard drive problem is the most likely. I suggest that you test your Seagate drive first with SeaTools: | Seagate

Test your WD drive next: WD Support > Downloads > SATA & SAS > WD Caviar Black
Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
Other than that, all I can suggest is removing some more risky drivers/programs.

Remove Avast with this tool: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Replace it with MSE: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Also remove Comodo, and just use the Windows Firewall instead.

...Summary of the dumps

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Nov 24 12:34:57.346 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:42:10.190
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_4096
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126876-getting-alot-random-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 81.7%

HI,I have a problem with random shut downs & freezes this will happen at various times no pattern at all.
I have ran scans and i believe there is a bug buried somewhere in system and my knowledge of the workings of PC'S is not great just enough to be dangerous and if i am really lucky it will be in the registry which is one area where a novice need not go unless you want to turn your PC into a door stop any ideas would be appreciated,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591767/random-shut-downs-freezes/
Relevancy 81.7%

For some reason my computer keeps shutting down without me allowing it and various screens of death keep happening like memory management and irql less than nothing or something like that. I'm terrible with computers and I called for support from hp but that was no help. The person did say I had some issues with my registry and some temporary files... I'm trying to think of the adjective she used... I think it was sick or something like that. Maybe it was corrupt but I doubt it, either way I just want to fix it.

A:Random Shut Downs and BSOD

Am I right in saying that when your using the computer, occasionally it shuts down or Blue Screens (BSOD's)?

If so, disable Automatic Restart so that we are able to see the blue screen details.

1. Right-click on My Computer.
2. Click on Properties and go to the Advanced Tab.
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section click on Settings.
4. Under the System Failure section uncheck the Automatically Restart box.
5. Click OK and Click OK again on the System Properties box.

Then, should it occur again, write down the details. You should be looking for a long set of number, including many '0's and something along the lines or IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This way, it is likely that we can assist.

Many thanks,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-shut-downs-and-bsod-624224.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My computer has been and program crashes shut Random downs experiencing random crashes usually while I use Avira or after being on for a little while when running some programs I have just done a fresh install but I am still running into problems Im sorry if I'm not supposed to post the following information in the first post but i saw alot of the time it was needed so I'll post it here If it is helpful i can try to move it to a separate post though also i have the BSOD dump logs if those would help as well Edit I have also noticed Random shut downs and program crashes that as time goes on while the computer is on that if i have a program playing such as vlc which uses sound that it will decrease in Random shut downs and program crashes volume as time randomly goes on but that all of the sound options will say it has not changed http speccy piriform com results ldevNWffWIGyRwPfn NI js MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by sin pc administrator on - - at Running from C Users sin pc Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source ESENT User Description wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore The database page read from the file C Windows SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore edb at offset x database page wuaueng dll for x bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch The expected checksum was f c a cb c c ea fb fb db cc f e e cd e and the actual checksum was ff c a cb c c ea fb fb db cc f e e cd e The read operation will fail with error - xfffffc If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe BITS version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x a be b Exception code xc Fault offset x c cd Faulting process id x ec Faulting application start time xsvchost exe BITS Faulting application path svchost exe BITS Faulting module path svchost exe BITS Report Id svchost exe BITS Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a be e Exception code xc Fault offset x f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xsvchost exe SysMain Faulting application path svchost exe SysMain Faulting module path svchost exe SysMain Report Id svchost exe SysMain Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a be e Exception code xc Fault offset x ff Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xsvchost exe SysMain Faulting application path svchost exe SysMain Faulting module path svchost exe SysMain Report Id svchost exe SysMain Error AM Source Avira Antivirus User NT AUTHORITY Description The keyfile contains no valid license The service will be stopped Error AM Source Avira Antivirus User NT AUTHORITY Description The keyfile contains no valid license The service will be stopped Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a be e Exception code xc Fault offset x fff Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xsvchost exe SysMain Faulting application path svchost exe SysMain Faulting module path svchost exe SysMain Report Id svchost exe SysMain Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name TrustedInstaller exe version time stamp x a bc b Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x a be b Exception code xc Fault offset x da Faulting process id x dc Faulting application start time xTrustedInstaller exe Faulting application path TrustedInstaller exe Faul... Read more

A:Random shut downs and program crashes

I have also recently found that one way to get the computer to blue screen faster is by using the magnifying glass. With it my computer goes from having maybe an hour or two between crashes to only having 20 minutes between them. Also programs seem to have trouble installing especially steam.

edit: Also I have noticed that my video card seems to be constantly over 70 degrees Celsius and often gets to over 80 when the computer is about to crash. Sometimes it will stay at 80 for a long time without crashing though so I am unsure if this is related.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551639/random-shut-downs-and-program-crashes/
Relevancy 80.84%

Issue Help me narrow down if its CPU MOBO or something else I have a computer which I have had for years now and it s always had this issue of it randomly shutting off of the time it happens when I am playing high downs shut dying CPU? Random - PSU? MOBO? graphics games Random shut downs - dying CPU? MOBO? PSU? but of the time it happens while the computer is idle As any pro would first guess it might be a due to your PSU then someone will say oh its probably your RAM try refitting or replacing And them someone will say oh its probably a Random shut downs - dying CPU? MOBO? PSU? bad Motherboard then one will say its a bad GFX card So like all of what any new person might think I have replaced a few parts since I Had an Identical System with similar specs just sitting there being used as a regular home computer But mine is more a Gaming computer My System specs Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon FX- C Toledo nm Technology Core Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus Speed MHz Rated Bus Speed MHz Temperature C Thread APIC ID Core Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus Speed MHz Rated Bus Speed MHz Temperature C RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Type DDR Size MBytes x Manufacturer Corsair Max Bandwidth PC MHz Part Number CMX - C Frequency MHz CAS Latency RAS To CAS RAS Precharge tRAS Voltage V Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC A N-SLI Socket Graphics DELL FP x MB GeForce GTX BFG Tech C Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device Unknown Interface C GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device Unknown Interface C GB NVIDIA STRIPE G SCSI Optical Drives NEC DVD RW ND- A ATA Device PSU DUAL PSU Setup W Ultra x A v rail - Running to Motherboard ONLY W Cooler Master x A v rail - Running Hard Drives CPU Fans Optical Drive and GTX GFX Card As you can tell there is enough power to the Computer - my KillWatt meter says im only drawing Watts out of the power socket As far as the replaced parts go I have replaced the Memory from CMX - LLPRO to CMX - C Video Card from GT to GTX OC Went from PSU to PSU setup Went from XP to Windows Same issues With XP Pro Vista Ultimate and Windows Ultimate Also replaced old Motherboard from ASUS A N -SLI to ASUS A N-SLI BIOS updated from ASUS site from for A n-SLI to Beta So guys Any other suggestions I have also overclocked and underclocked a bit on this CPU - Its native is ghz I brought it down to Ghz and now its at Ghz CPU Voltage is still v Voltage Readings below Sensor Properties Sensor Type ITE IT F v ISA h GPU Sensor Type Analog Devices ADT NV-I C Eh Motherboard Name Asus A N-E A N-SLI Series Chassis Intrusion Detected No Temperatures Motherboard C F CPU C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F GPU C F GPU Diode C F GPU Memory C F GPU Ambient C F Seagate ST AS C F Seagate ST AS C F Cooling Fans CPU RPM Chipset RPM GPU RPM Voltage Values CPU Core V V V V V V V V Standby V VBAT Battery V GPU Vcc V Debug Info F FF A Debug Info T Debug Info V D BE BC BF F nbsp

A:Random shut downs - dying CPU? MOBO? PSU?

If you can, go back to the way it was setup before you started overclocking and underclocking...
this problem can be one weak component, or using memory modules that are not matched or not the best for your machine...
I would make a log and keep track of what is going on when it fails... because it is difficult to track down... can be anything... hard drive, memory, CPU cooling, poor quality cables or connectors, too much or too little thermal paste...
The age of your computer is a clue that you need to start upgrading components anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs-dying-cpu-mobo-psu.149663/
Relevancy 80.84%

I've noticed troubles with Microsoft office products for the past few months Word and Excel would freeze just about every time I was in them Since this was the only issue I didn't think too much of it I thought maybe I had to uninstall and reinstall the products Later I am working on work for school Shut Random software downs uninstalled & and a website didn't work on IE I then switched to Google Chrome which I NEVER use to see if it would work The homepage was startnow com which I thought was weird I would think it would have been Google and throughout my navigations in Chrome I was getting MANY popups- but the website I needed worked so I continued to use it for that day Fast forward a week or two Yesterday I noticed that my Microsoft Office as well as many other software programs on my desktop have been removed a shell Random Shut downs & uninstalled software of the icon remains When I tried to open them it would pretend like it was reinstalling then the computer would restart After this when the computer would turn on it would restart after about a minute even if I clicked on nothing After a few iterations of this I set my Avast to a boot-time scan It found a few items and put in the quarantine chest I thought this would fix the problem but no Although now the computer doesn't turn off after a minute it DOES turn off if I try to go into the control panel or try to fix my Office products I can only work on the internet and look at Random Shut downs & uninstalled software my kindle- but who knows for how long Please let me know what I should do to ensure this virus is gone and if possible to restore my software

A:Random Shut downs & uninstalled software

Download Malwarebytes, get it up to date, and do a scan with it.  Click Quarantine All after the scan finishes.  Then boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan with your Avast, since some viruses can hide in normal mode.  After that see if you can get to your Office apps.  If not, try re-installing Office with the Repair option.  

After that if you still need help, Please download and run Speccy.  After running it click File -> Publish snapshot... Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.

Then download minitoolbox and run it with the following boxes checked:

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions, and Memory size

List Minidump files

Copy the resulting log and paste into a reply here.

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539508/random-shut-downs-uninstalled-software/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me I've been having some random shut downs with the following Random BSOD New No downs Shut Build build which is only about a month and a half old the gtx is only a few days old and since then the problems have gotten worse Code Intel Core i at stock with stock cooler Corsair XSP MHZ g ram PNY gtx Gigaybyte GA-X -USB FSP Everest W psu tb Samsung HD SJ system Drive gb Seagate Baracuda secondary storage disk LG HL-DT-ST DVDRam GSA-H N DVD drive I had left the pc down to my local pc store and they thought my windows install was corrupted they couldn't replicate the same random restarting problem but they did c my install restarting when booting into windows and did a fresh install of windows professional x onto my drive The pc worked fine for most of December but as of the th of Jan I had to reinstall windows and since then I've been getting alot of random restarts with event in my event logs The problem seems to worsen when ever I try and play Crysis the system usually shuts down at the intial game New Build Random Shut downs No BSOD loading screen and If I can get into game it plays fine Could it be New Build Random Shut downs No BSOD my DVD drive is corrupting the install and causing problems since its a burned DVD It also makes a clicking noise when loading programs off UBCD as well as when I was installing Crysis Info about my copy of windows Professional x Burned Disk acquired from my universitys MSDN AA website I've included my reports as stated in the FAQ I'm really stumped on this I hope someone can make sense of my logs and reports Thanks ALOT Chris Gilljoy

A:New Build Random Shut downs No BSOD

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums

First thing to check is that you have the latest Drivers for your GFX card GTX 570 Nvidia 64 bit drivers

Next thing to check is your PSU, although it is more than adequate for your system and GPU it could be faulty.

Next would be your temperatures .... Check your CPU Free CPU temp checker and GPU temperatures Free GPU temp checker.

And you might want to also check your memory sticks (try them 1 slot at a time) in between tests.

If you could give us some feedback on this we might be able to narrow down your problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136192-new-build-random-shut-downs-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, any help on this problem would be helpful.

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1
BCP1: 0000000074BA2DD9
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: FFFFF88006ED8CA0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I am using Windows 7
Asus Laptop
Full Retail
Only 8 months old

A:Keep getting random Blue Screen Shut Downs

Please visit Windows Update and get all available updates, then check the Important Updates and get Service Pack 1

Please uninstall all ATI software/drivers.
Then download and install the latest ATI Driver from here: ATI Catalyst

Please disable the USB 3.0 Controller in Device Manager. It's drivers are older and there aren't any newer one's available. Feel free to re-enable it once we're done troubleshooting.

Please uninstall the Samsung Kies software for the present. Feel free to reinstall it once we're done troubleshooting (I've seen problems with this one also).

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

szkg64.sys Wed Sep 30 15:26:58 2009 (4AC3B102) - STOPzilla
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
AsDsm.sys Fri Feb 13 01:14:26 2009 (49950FC2)
lullaby.sys Wed Jun 17 22:45:32 2009 (4A39AA4C)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jun 23 19:16:35 2009 (4A416253)
iaStor.sys Fri Aug 07 08:23:37 2009 (4A7C1CC9)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Mon Sep 13 18:46:38 2010 (4C8EA9CE)
avgrkx64.sys Mon Sep 06 20:49:37 2010 (4C858C21)
dump_iaStor.sys Fri Aug 07 08:23:37 2009 (4A7C1CC9)
avgmfx64.sys Mon Sep 06 20:49:14 2010 (4C858C0A)
avgtdia.sys Fri Nov 12 06:08:42 2010 (4CDD203A)
ATK64AMD.sys Tue May 12 21:04:54 2009 (4A0A1CB6)
avgldx64.sys Tue Dec 07 21:01:55 2010 (4CFEE713)
atikmpag.sys Fri Jan 22 08:07:54 2010 (4B59A32A)
Impcd.sys Mon Oct 26 16:39:41 2009 (4AE6090D)
athrx.sys Mon Oct 05 12:33:57 2009 (4ACA1FF5)
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 20 05:16:01 2009 (4B066C61)
kbfiltr.sys Mon Jul 20 05:21:42 2009 (4A643726)
nusb3hub.sys Fri Nov 20 05:15:57 2009 (4B066C5D)
wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007 (45D5F401)
AtiHdmi.sys Wed Sep 30 09:54:46 2009 (4AC36326)
TurboB.sys Thu Aug 06 17:17:31 2009 (4A7B486B)
ASMMAP64.sys Sun Feb 04 14:52:56 2007 (45C63998)
HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 15:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
wacomvhid.sys Mon Sep 21 19:29:14 2009 (4AB80C4A)
atipmdag.sys Fri Jan 22 08:46:46 2010 (4B59AC46)
ETD.sys Mon Jan 18 07:37:56 2010 (4B545624)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
ewusbmdm.sys Mon Jun 22 07:38:32 2009 (4A3F6D38)
ewusbnet.sys Mon Jun 22 08:01:14 2009 (4A3F728A)
snp2uvc.sys Wed Aug 19 22:41:36 2009 (4A8CB7E0)
sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008 (495894F2)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Tue Aug 03 18:23:21 2010 (4C5896D9)
AVGIDSDriver.Sys Tue Aug 03 18:24:45 2010 (4C58972D)
dgderdrv.sys Fri Apr 09 03:44:29 2010 (4BBEDADD)
L1C62x64.sys Thu Mar 04 02:32:36 2010 (4B8F6214)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AsDsm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#lullaby.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PxHlpa64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#iaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AVGIDSEH.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dump_iaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgtdia.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ATK64AMD.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Impcd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#athrx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3xhc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#kbfiltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3hub.sys
http... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149213-keep-getting-random-blue-screen-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a lenovo Y560p and sometimes while playing league of legends my computer randomly shuts down. i believe it may be because my Gpu is running too hot. It runs at around 57-59c idle and about 85-87c while playing. is this a possible reason or these unexpected shut downs?

A:Lenovo Y560p random shut downs

Overheating is indeed the likely cause of the shutdowns. Buy a can of compressed air and blow out all the vents and fans. If that doesn't help you may have to invest in a cooling pad for the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-y560p-random-shut-downs.1099797/
Relevancy 80.84%

Sorry if this has already been posted but I looked and I didn't find anything that completely resembled my scenario I own an eMachines T I've owned it downs Shut Random and (long descriptive) since and have never had a problem with it for the first two years it would OCCASIONALLY just shut down out of the blue maybe once every or months but late last summer it started doing it more frequently I thought it was maybe embedded java on web pages because the Random Shut downs (long and descriptive) first notable occurrence was when a friend browsed to nfl com and it shut down Random Shut downs (long and descriptive) immediately When this occurs I have to unplug the power cord wait - seconds and then plug it back in or else it won't start the blue light around the power switch will just flash When it was booted back up he tried to go to the site again and bam it happened again Sure enough we didn't try it again Over time the frequency of occurences varied sometimes I couldn't do anything at all and had to leave it off other times I could leave it on for longer than a week without a problem Although it would occur when doing any miniscule taske I noticed it happened somewhat predictably when I played a game such as Counter-Strike or Half-Life so I suspected it was my graphics card Took it out plugged my monitor into the on board card started up a game within seconds of it loading it shut down Rules out the card I then suspected something was over heating I downloaded PC Wizard to monitor my temperatures and the hottest anything gets is the GPU which rose to no more the degrees celsius Regardless I removed the tower's cover to increase air flow and it still shut down I've tried everything else I've read about online without prevail new power supply with higher wattage segregated the two brands of ram tested one card in each of the slots turned off my studio speakers unplugged my external harddrive plugged in a mouse via usb instead of ps dusted out the inside with canned air scanned both drives as well as defragged uninstalled unnecessary programs adaware virus scans there may be a few I'm forgetting but it's all been in vain I could be doing anything from typing in a text document to working on music graphics and it'll shut down at random I've taken a look around the mother board and nothing seems to be fried or darkened either Could anyone offer some insight My computer specs are below eMachines product page http www emachines com products pr tml prod T added another gig of ram two corsair 's New power supply http www cputopia com emachine- ies-t html System Info Copy Paste OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gateway System Model T System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys PC Wizard Hardware Copy Paste Manufacturer Mainboard To be filled by O E M MS- G Chipset nVidia nForce Processor AMD Athlon MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR-SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Hard Disk ST A GB Hard Disk WD GB DVD-Rom Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SHW- S Monitor Type ViewSonic VA wSERIES - inches Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack DirectX Version c March PC Wizard Processor Copy Paste Processor AMD Athlon Frequency MHz - current MHz Support Socket Cache L KB Cache L KB Voltage VID V FPU Coprocessor Present Processor activity PC Wizard Voltage Temp Fans Copy Paste Hardware Monitoring Winbond W EHF EHG Voltage CPU V V Voltage V V Voltage V Processor Fan rpm Chassis Fan rpm Processor Temperature C Mainboard Tempera... Read more

A:Random Shut downs (long and descriptive)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

When was the last time you updated your drivers for the pc?

I took the liberty of pasting the site here for you if you need to update drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Note: I have had several pc`s emachines come to me that had a bad power supply

in it. Like the one you purchased. The problem is that when this power supply failed

it took the motherboard with it and ruined it.

I would recommend Antec, Corsair, or other quality brands of power supply units
especially that you have poured extra money into this pc. By the way i have 2 of these
and they perform well for my video recording and music recordings, a compliment on your pc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-shut-downs-long-and-descriptive-364122.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello Today I experience the oddest thing I have ever seen on my PC This morning the power on button would not start my PC I checked the cable and the wall socket and popped the case to look inside Nothing seemed out of the ordinary I turned the case on its shut no start - random downs Sudden side to get better lighting inside and the PC started right up I Sudden no start - random shut downs was surprised at that so I stood it back up and it shut down I hit the power button and nothing happened so I tilted it on its side and hit the button and voila power So I let it boot and after its all done and windows is up I can use everything normally with no issues I turned Sudden no start - random shut downs the tower back up and it stayed on Not minutes later it shut off again and immediately restarted The second time it did this it ran a disk check Im assuming because of the sudden shut downs and it turned out fine Right now the PC stays on like nothing is wrong when its laying on its side As soon as I stand it back up it shuts down within a minute and restarts Its a Dell XPS Intel Core Quad Q ghz gig ram bit OS Windows Vista I have installed Nvidia Extra Case fans This PC has worked flawlessly since I bought it a year and a half ago and immediately installed the card and fans This is the first issue I have had and it feels like some sort of power short rather than an actual PC issue Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sudden no start - random shut downs

Sounds like your switch might be faulty what I would try is jiggling the wire to the power switch to see it shuts down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-start-random-shut-downs.159667/
Relevancy 80.84%

Two days ago I completed the build of my new pc. At first, it was running fine, but then i started getting a number of different BSOD errors, as well as random shut downs. So far it has only been on the mornings when I have had this problem. After restarting many times yesterday morning (for around 2 hours) the problem finally disappeared and the pc worked fine until 11pm. Then again, this morning the pc is repeatedly showing BSOD. System specs are:

OS - x64 Windows 7 Home Premium - Full retail
Motherboard - MSI MS-7640 GD-65
Processor - AMD Phenom II X6
Memory - Corsair XMS3 DDR3 2x4gb 1600MHz CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (Taken one stick out currently)
Graphics Card - Sapphire HD5850 Extreme 1gb

I have included the zipped files.

Any help is appreciated

A:BSOD/Random Shut Downs - New Build

Right off the bat the errors look kind of random, there is only one consistent thing though, pretty much every other crash is the direct result of a memory problem.

The only thing I can suggest to test this is running memtest86 overnight (5 to 7 passes) to check your ram.
It's not a 100% test method but it works better than the windows memtest util.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

I guess it goes without saying that if you have any custom timings or overclocks going on, to remove them at this time as well.

Code:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000008884, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffffa800371bc80
Arg3: fffffa8003625cb0
Arg4: 0000000000000504

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_8884

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002f72d46 to fffff80002ec4700

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`045fa8b8 fffff800`02f72d46 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00008884 fffffa80`0371bc80 fffffa80`03625cb0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`045fa8c0 fffff800`02fd1575 : fffffa80`03d5a408 fffffa80`03d57000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+0xc6
fffff880`045fa930 fffff800`032d6b44 : fffffa80`03d59000 fffff880`045faca0 fffff880`045faa08 00000000`00140001 : nt!MmSetPfnListPriorities+0x175
fffff880`045fa980 fffff800`0333786a : 00000000`00000020 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03d59000 00000000`00000001 : nt!PfpPfnPrioRequest+0x84
fffff880`045fa9d0 fffff800`0333bfae : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0160b830 00000000`0000004f 00000000`07ab4f01 : nt!PfSetSuperfetchInformation+0x199
fffff880`045faab0 fffff800`02ec3953 : fffffa80`061f3b60 00000000`02d67800 00000000`02cbb5d0 00000000`002ca0b6 : nt!NtSetSystemInformation+0xb91
fffff880`045fac20 00000000`77af0daa : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0160b7b8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x77af0daa
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6
fffff800`02f72d46 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d9fdd34

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_8884_nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_8884_nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+c6

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174125-bsod-random-shut-downs-new-build.html
Relevancy 80.84%

As the description says I followed the Guide on how to speed of freezing Random Downs constant i.e. Shut and up the pc and i've also cleaned out the inside of my pc throughly and still am getting random shut downs Random Shut Downs and constant freezing of i.e. and constant lag freezing of i e DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Banky at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Documents and Settings Banky Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www myspace com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO IE Developer Toolbar BHO cc e d- aa- b -b - da a - c program files microsoft internet explorer developer toolbar IEDevToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB IE Developer Toolbar a b -ef - a -bdb - ce ae bde a - c program files microsoft internet explorer developer toolbar IEDevToolbar dll uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k StartupFolder c docume banky startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE FFE F- D - bd-A CC- D EAC D - CC - E - F - E-FC C DBD F - c program files microsoft internet explorer developer toolbar IEDevToolbar dll DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp dl -cdn- sun com s ESD JSCDL jdk u -b jinstall- u -windows-i -jc cab e amp h c f c f ff b b ff b amp filename jinstall- u -windows-i -jc cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume banky applic mozilla firefox profiles hgg upa default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www myspace com SERVICES DRIVERS R Lbd Lbd c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - R aswSP avast Self Protection c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - R aswFsBlk aswFsBlk c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - R avast Antivirus avast Antivirus c program files alwil software avast ashServ exe - - R avast Web Scanner avast Web Scanner c program files alwil software avast ashWebSv exe - - S Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service c program files lavasoft ad-aware AAWService exe - - S MSHUSBVideo NX NX VX VX VX Filter Driver c windows system drivers nx sys - - File Associations regfile quot regedit exe quot quot quot Created Last - - ac------ c windows syst... Read more

A:Random Shut Downs and constant freezing of i.e.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219257/random-shut-downs-and-constant-freezing-of-ie/
Relevancy 80.84%

http forums techguy org windows- -random-shut-downs html Hello all Last time I had an issue with my newly built rig you were all amazingly helpful Referring to the last string I was able to identify my motherboard as the culprit for my random shut downs I replaced it and had no issues A few months went by I went on vacation came back and the issue returned Here is a recent log from my latest random shut down Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional back! problem the Shut Downs, Random came information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF A D BCP BCP FFFFF DC D BCP Random Shut Downs, the problem came back! OS Version Service Pack Random Shut Downs, the problem came back! Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Drapester AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Is it the same issue with the RAM slots again or has something else gone wrong I m getting terribly unlucky with all of this newer hardware tech nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Computer Specs CPU Intel Core ghz Graphics Card BFB NVIDIA GTS Motherboard ASUS P B Most Random The Gotta This!! Shut You Downs, Hear Memory GB Patriot PC RAM Power Supply Aero Cool W Hard Drive GB Seagate Thermaltake Cooling System Operating System Windows Ultimate Here is my problem The computer is very fast could be faster with better RAM has or fans buzzing around in there and the graphics card is great It runs The Most Random Shut Downs, You Gotta Hear This!! most every game out there and can handle Adobe CS without even missing a step However when I am off of the computer for a few hours and it s on it will just randomly shut off My first thought was that it was too hot but I check the temperature inside the tower in system setup and it s mid- s and I honestly have an amazing cooling system So I doubt it shuts off because it gets too hot Then I went and looked at the tower and on the mother board there is a bright green light that is on So I have to flip the switch on the power supply and then - seconds later the light on the mother board shuts off Then I turn the power supply back on and then turn the computer on and it fires right back up again no problems at all I just don t know what this could be What would cause the computer to shut off but the motherboard is still on until I turn the power supply off Is it the graphics card Does RAM have anything to do with it I am so clueless and can t afford to go pay a repair shop hr to diagnose it Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:The Most Random Shut Downs, You Gotta Hear This!!

It's normal for the LED to be illuminated on the motherboard with the machine shut down. The LED is controlled by the power supply +5vsb rail (+5v stand by). The +5vsb rail is always on and the LED will stay illuminated until you either disconnect the machine from the source of power or cut the power supply off with the switch on the back of the power supply.

Even though the +5vsb rail is staying on it doesn't mean all the other rails are putting out the correct voltage. If your problem is not a temperature issue I would suspect that one of the power supply rails is "dropping out". If you can post a link to the power supply you are using it may help solve the problem, or take a pic of the decal on the side of the power supply and post it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-most-random-shut-downs-you-gotta-hear-this.911333/
Relevancy 80.84%

Lately my computer has been acting up re-starting downs, Random performance... Shut slow for no reason and the odd error pop up I've run trendmicro security and I don't get any results virus or spyware free but I am still concerned because a couple things look unusual to me in my hijack log Thanks Random Shut downs, slow performance... for taking time to look at my problem Aayla Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files hiJack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http pccreg antivirus com PCC amp PID Random Shut downs, slow performance... CIB O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar Random Shut downs, slow performance... dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download Ms Downloader cab O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShie... Read more

A:Random Shut downs, slow performance...

Your log is clean. What kind or error popup? Windows error?

Please run an online scan at http://www.pandasoftware.com/actives..._principal.htm
Once it has finished save the activescan log. Then post that log in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/random-shut-downs-slow-performance-70494.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Well I have put this off for a LONG time. Now my computer is starting to shut down more often and I keep losing stuff.

I don't know what's wrong, but I am SURE it needs to be cleaned up. Last time I tried to clean everything out, it ended up not working right and I had to do a restore. Since then it's been shutting down more often. Prior to that, my ISP had me do all the temp files delete and then do START, RUN, CMD, IP config/flush DNS (I think that's close). That's when something went wrong and I can't remember just what, but I had to do the restore, which of course put all those temp files back in I guess.

Anyway, I know you all will help me get this straightened back out. Just tell me where to start.

Relevancy 80.84%

windows 7 build pro build 6.1.7600
original os is vista
full retail version
first time install of os
about a 2 year old machine
cpu is intel core 2 duo 1.50 ghz t5250
ati radeon hd 2400
power supply

ive attached the necessary files but the report perfmon says it cant find report or error. "Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The system cannot find the path specified."

The computer randomly shuts down and i think the battery is somewhat a cause, but it will also get bsods at random, and randomly shut down. From what i understand this problem only arose after window 7 was installed on the vista machine. I purchased it with this problem and im looking for a solution.
I re-installed windows with no problem and no shutdowns and it runs in safe mode without error software or os error.

A:bsod - random shut downs, and restarts

Hi.

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
netw5v64 netw5v64.sys Thu Mar 26 12:21:24 2009
agrsm64 agrsm64.sys Mon Nov 10 10:01:35 2008
These drivers need to be updated. We can help you find the right ones of you tell us your notebook model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-random-shut-downs-and-restarts-484915.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i dont actually know what this stuff means because im not big into computer tech but if anyone is able to help it would be appriciated
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800A8174E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800A0362D0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 000000000000000D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

A:random shut downs and blue screen

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

That being said

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222073-random-shut-downs-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Anyone in the know Not sure how much time I have to post Computer inadvertantly randomly Shut Increasing Downs Random Inadvertant shuts down on its own and its occurance is increasing To the point now that it will happen often during startup just after boot Inadvertant Random Shut Downs Increasing sequence I have run Norton SpyBot S amp D Ad-Aware CW Shredder SpywareBlaster with few detected non critical problems I have attached a HJT log from both log-ons for your use Is the hardware beaking broken or am I infected HP Pavilion zd us xp media centerRegards WVWWVW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exeC Program Files PhotoStudio Expressions PMMonitor exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Menu SonyTray exeC Program Files Sony Corporation Picture Package Picture Package Applications Residence exeC Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Documents and Settings All Users Documents hijackthis HijackThis exec PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHel... Read more

A:Inadvertant Random Shut Downs Increasing

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days, please post a new HijackThis log. Thank you for your patience.If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please observe the following guidelines:Backup any important data first!! How to use the Backup utility that is included in Windows XP to back up files and folders How Do I Back Up Files on My Computer?There are several online backup storage websites available. Some require a fee; some offer free backup storage.Mozy Online Backup: Free. Automatic. Secure Free Secure Online Storage--XdriveMedia MaxReview the instructions on starting your computer in Safe Mode. (without networking support !). If you don?t know how to boot in Safe Mode, use this tutorial, How To Start Windows in Safe Mode. Review the instructions on configuring Windows Explorer to Show All Hidden Files and Folders.Perform all actions in the order given.If you are unsure of any procedure, stop and ask! Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.Complete all the steps. ABSENCE OF SYMPTOMS DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN A CLEAN COMPUTER!!During the cleaning process, if any other issues appear, please let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100430/inadvertant-random-shut-downs-increasing/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi everyone services exe is terminating and it s really getting on my nerves here is my hijackthis log can anyone help me out here I have run the windows security update above but the problem remains Any assistance would be gratefully received Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Random Downs Shut Authority\System NT Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System dwwin exe C DOCUME OFFICE OUTLOOK Random NT Authority\System Shut Downs EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E A MT EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E A RN EXE C Documents and Settings Alistair My Documents downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http xysearch biz wmid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www freeserve co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www newstoday com F - REG system ini UserInit Userinit exe TGBRFV O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run TotalRecorderScheduler quot C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exe O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Documents and Settings Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C DOCUME OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Money Viewer - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www freeserve co uk O - DPF - - - - - file c ied s m cab O - DPF - - - - - file c x cab O - DPF - - - - - file c x cab O - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EPUWALControl v - - - cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb... Read more

Relevancy 80.84%

My Asus K55A has been shutting down randomly. I do nothing really intensive on my laptop, just Word and Chrome. I have attached my admin events for reference. This has happened before and lead to a BSOD so I had the OS reinstalled and the only thing I have added to the basic system is Word. I have not updated to 8.1 so I am not sure if that really matters. I really need this laptop running correctly, I am taking the bar in July and cannot risk it randomly shutting down. Any help would be appreciated!
I usually am just on Chrome with a few tabs open or with Chrome and Word open. It just shuts down quickly and without warning and stays off until I turn it back on. Sometimes when I turn it back on it takes a while to load icons etc. Let me know if there is any other information that could help!

A:Random Shut downs on an Asus k55a

Please follow the instructions here..

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41297-random-shut-downs-asus-k55a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Dear SevenForum users

Last night i noticed by PC decided to randomly shut down but didnt think much of it as thought it might be something i scheduled and forgot but 30 mins ago it happened again - so first thing i done was scan with Malwarebytes which found nothing and also done a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing found

Have looked around on the net and have already tried Memtest+ and HDD checking software very recently on my PC and they both returned nothing

What should i try ?

Thanks

AT

A:Windows Random Shut Downs - no error messages

Alan try these mate if you haven't already

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

Run Speccy mate and lets see what the temps are too if you haven't already
Speccy - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333354-windows-random-shut-downs-no-error-messages.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My Z510 has been randomly shutting down when plugged in, but doesn't have this issue when running on battery. I contacted Lenovo and they sent my a new power supply but the issue continues. I called again and they instructed me to repair-install the Lenovo power manager and do a disk check. The issue still continues. Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? It used to happen when running something intensive like photoshop or a game and only if charging over 75%, but now it'll happen randomly. I can be sitting staring at the laptop with no programs running and it'll shut down. Z510i7HD 46008 gb mem1 tb hard driveWin 8.1

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Z510 random shut downs (hard) when plugged in

When you say it hard shuts down, do you mean it does not go through the 'shutdown' screen and instantly 'fails'?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-random-shut-downs-hard-when-plugged-in/td-p/1593806
Relevancy 79.98%

Just for starts I like to play Minecraft but was looking for something a bit more challenging since I had been getting bored of looking for mods I Minecraft Java random shut downs related started playing Minecraft with the the Mods installed by the Technic Launcher found here At the beginnings of my adventure I had no problems playing until one day it randomly started shutting off the Java related Minecraft random shut downs application as I played I d re-open it and it d had already reverted about - minutes of game play and an error report shows up for java something like hs err pid last digits change with each log made I ve sent in reports to Java about this through the page recommended by the error log itself but I get no replies to how I can FIX IT because its truly annoying and I would love to get back to playing peacefully with out trying to kill my computer I put the error log after the Specs of the Computer provided by the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION xc at pc x fee pid tid JRE version -b Java VM Java HotSpot TM -Bit Server VM -b mixed mode windows-amd Problematic frame C OpenAL dll x If you would like to submit a bug report please visit http java sun com webapps bugreport crash jsp The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code See problematic frame for where to report the bug --------------- T H R E A D --------------- Current thread x JavaThread quot Thread- quot thread in native id stack x af x b siginfo ExceptionCode xc writing address xffffffff c b Registers EAX x c f EBX xffffffff c b ECX x c EDX x ESP x b f f EBP x c e ESI x ffffffff EDI x EIP x fee EFLAGS x Top of Stack sp x b f f x b f f ffffffff c b ffffffff x b f d e b f x b f b f b x b f f b f a x b f x b f c b x b f fc f d a x b f b f x b f b f d fbfb x b f f x b f b f c x b f a b f ae x b f b fbf e x b f c c b x b f d c e b f d x b f e dfaa b f Instructions pc x fee x fee c x fee ff eb a c Stack x af x b sp x b f f free space fc k Native frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code C native code C OpenAL dll x Java frames J compiled Java code j interpreted Vv VM code j org lwjgl openal AL alSourcei III V j paulscode sound libraries ChannelLWJGLOpenAL attachBuffer Ljava nio IntBufferZ j paulscode sound libraries SourceLWJGLOpenAL play Lpaulscode sound ChannelV j paulscode sound Library play Lpaulscode sound SourceV j paulscode sound Library play Ljava lang StringV j paulscode sound SoundSystem CommandPlay Ljava lang StringV j paulscode sound SoundSystem CommandQueue Lpaulscode sound CommandObjectZ J paulscode sound CommandThread run V v StubRoutines call stub --------------- P R O C E S S --------------- Java Threads gt current thread x JavaThread quot File IO Thread quot thread blocked id stack x ba x ca x f JavaThread quot Thread- quot thread blocked id stack x edf x eef x JavaThread quot Thread- quot thread blocked id stack x c x c gt x JavaThread quot Thread- quot thread in native id stack x af x b x a JavaThread quot Thread- quot daemon thread in native id stack x d x d x b JavaThread quot Minecraft main thread quot thread blocked id stack x aa x ba x JavaThread quot Timer hack thread quot daemon thread blocked id stack x a x aa x d JavaThread quot DestroyJavaVM quot thread blocked id stack x x x d JavaThread quot TimerQueue quot daemon thread blocked id stack x x x b JavaThread quot SwingWorker-pool- -thread- quot daemon thread blocked id stack x x x a JavaThread quot D D Screen Updater quot daemon thread blocked id stack x ab x bb x f JavaThread quot AWT-EventQueue- quo... Read more

A:Java related Minecraft random shut downs

JRE version: 6.0_20-b02

Your Java Runtime version is way out of date; latest version is Version 7 Update 9: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Uninstall existing version first (and any other versions you may have) before installing latest version. You only need one version these days, and that should always be the latest one available, for security reasons as much as anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-related-minecraft-random-shut-downs.1075287/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey there I m on a Dell Vostro with Vista SP installed About - weeks ago the HDD decided to pooch itself Miraculously it was able to be recovered wiped and I started again with a blank slate What caused the original wipe is to me shut caused downs driver? faulty Random by unknown I left for the weekend after powering it down and came back to find that It hadn t been tampered with and I kept a clean running virus-free machine Anyways after I installed MSSE for virus protection I went through and Random shut downs caused by faulty driver? did my updates then started to reapply most of my personal applications After I got through some of the more basic ones I decided to try and tackle the ATI Radeon series PCI graphics card in my old box Now before the wipe it worked PERFECTLY I kinda liked it even though it was an ATI Anyways their updating system seems to be botched in the fact that if you don t go in and manually delete the drivers control centre random third party crap they install the updates don t like to work I fought and scrapped with this until I got it barely running with my control centre So after that fiasco it ran fine for about - boot ups After that it started saying that my ATI driver was not compatable with the control centre and vice versa Wasn t this magical About - boot ups after that and the machine would randomly shut down Now when it shuts down I m usually running WoW iTunes and maybe Google Chrome Which the computer before it decided to kill itself would run perfectly fine But now it decides that it needs to shutdown When it does decide to shut down the screen flashes then goes to black The HD light keeps going and the computer itself stays on for seconds or so then it all shuts down What I m wondering is if this is because of the drivers Or because of something that wasn t installed properly Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shut-downs-caused-by-faulty-driver.962499/
Relevancy 79.98%

So at random this computer (pretty sure it's a Compaq from 2008 running vista) randomly shuts itself down. The time it takes for it to shut down after start up is completely random. I've re-installed the system updates hopping that that might take care of the issue but it has not.

A:Random shut downs followed by system repair at boot

Have you checked for overheating - often the reason for shutdowns?Best clean vents and if it's a PC then clean fans and CPU heat sink too.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/random-shut-downs-followed-by-system-repair-at-boot/13743.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi guys,

So after resolving my WU problems (thanks again Noel) my laptop has some standby issues;

It rarely comes out of standby now, Fans roar but screen stays blank, only option is power off.

And when in standby sometimes I return to it and it has turned off.

Where to start?

TIA

A:WU fixed but random shut-downs and standby not resuming?

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303414-wu-fixed-but-random-shut-downs-standby-not-resuming.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there.

I've been having frequent BSODs for about a week now. I did a fresh install of Windows a few days ago and updated all my drivers but the problem persists. I ran MemTest for 9 passes with no problems. It happens most often when I try to shut down. It hangs on the shut down screen then finally blue screens. It also happened a few times while idle during the night while I was sleeping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SF Diagnostic Tool File Below

A:BSOD on most manual shut downs and at random other times

Hi

From your report logs:

Quote:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff80002cd9024}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)

Stop message 0x0000007F Descriptive text: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Usual cause: There is a hardware or software problem. This is usually caused by a hardware failure.

You are currently overclocking your computer above max speed, overclocking causes the system to become less stable and reliable. Please set to default.

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3605

Quote:
fffff880`037cd088 fffff880`01024b2aUnable to load image iaStor.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
iaStor+0x4b2a

Relates to: Intel Storage drivers
Please update your drivers through manufacturers website found
under SATA menu:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=SABERTOOTH%20Z77&p=1&s=39&os=30&hashedid=wMYmwl5uuG2ml3jJ

Or if issue persists use the IRST drivers from:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DwnldID=21730

Post back any observations etc

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283543-bsod-most-manual-shut-downs-random-other-times.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My recently home-constructed Iwill KK266plus-R system has been quite abruptly spontaneously turning itself off and restarting lately, for no apparent reason. The shutdowns occur during no particular usage of the machine or with any pattern. The system simply turns off right in the middle of something, usually turning itself immediately back on (essentially as if I hit the reset switch.) My initial suspicions were that I had an inadequate power supply (250w), however before I ran out and bought a new one, I thought I'd ask if anyone here had similar problems. Specs are:

Iwill KK266plus-R w/ 950mhz Athlon (currently running on a 100mhz bus)
3dfx Voodoo3 3000 AGP 16MB
128 MB SDRAM
Two hard drives, one 40 GB 7200 rpm, one 4 GB 5400 rpm
DVD-ROM, Floppy, Keyboard, Optical Mouse, Monitor, On-board sound w/ speakers, network adapter

Any help is appreciated!

A:Random Shut-Downs with an Iwill KK266plus-R system

Screen to black & reboot is usually a sign of overheating, & not just the cpu. In todays modern rigs, proper case cooling & ambient temperature control is important for the cpu, vid-card, chipset, & hard drive. Especially if stressed by an application like a game. It could be your underpowdered psu, but you don't have alot of componets.
to determine power supply requirements

The Famous PSU Thread

2ndly, it could be a software problem, corrupted file, or a conflict. Check w/ Iwill & their board.
"KK266 Komplaints"
http://www.overclockers.com/tips342/

Similar problem here-->
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170&highlight=black

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs-with-an-iwill-kk266plus-r-system.253/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello all,

My computer keeps randomly crashing. 70% of the time, its a BSOD, and the rest of time the screen just goes blank and restarts or screen freezes. I have also been having start up problems recently.

After the HP splash screen, i see a message telling me that Windows failed to start because a recent software or hardware change/malicious software had damaged some software. It said that a driver signature was damaged, and asked me to go to the Advanced Startup menu. When it reboots, i press f8, but get the same message. I have to try many times until i reach the advanced startup screen. Startup Repair doesn't work because when i run it, it says that the file was damaged. Please help, i desperately need my computer working!

If you need me to be more specific, please say so.

The attached file is my system information generated by the Auslogics System Information utility.

A:Random BSOD, sudden shut downs, hang

Hello,

Is it possible for you to access the dump files to attach them here? If you can access these files, even in safe mode, zip them up and attach them here.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-sudden-shut-downs-hang-656261.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello, i experience bsod with my dell inspiron laptop.it runs windows 7 home basic 64bit.bluescreenview program indicates it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe.besides from that i also experience random shut downs and i think it's because my computer is quite overheating.i archived my dump files to a rar file, please let me know if i have missed any details and i'd highly appreciate any help because reading other topics about ntoskrnl.exe didn't help me a lot.thank you

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and random shut downs

Looks like a bad hard drive.

System Uptime: 17 days 11:59:29.468 17 days eh?

Please back up your stuff before starting diagnostics.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004da3950, fffffa8004da3c30, fffff80002dd7350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------
Upload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureUse the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & Errors

Quote: Originally Posted by usasma

If you get further chkdsk errors, then it's time to:
- backup your stuff/data
- ensure that you have your recovery disks on hand
- wipe the hard drive with DBAN or KillDisk (both are free - google for them)
- install Windows while connected to the internet
- install all Windows Updates, then install Service Pack 1, then install all Windows Updates that show up
- check Device Manager for any missing drivers - post back here for advice on locating the latest version
- install a free antivirus (DO NOT install an Internet Security Application)
- DO NOT install any other programs/devices/etc until we're finished testing.
- Run the system and attempt to recreate the problem.
Once done testing feel free to install whatever programs you desire - but keep track of what you install (just in case it messes things up). DO NOT have more than one Antivirus or Firewall operating at the same time!

Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitor For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff88000d1c0e9, fffff880062e6778, fffff880062e5fd0}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arg... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300317-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-random-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 79.98%

laptop cursor  does random things...like I was moving it and the pc lagged and it was catching up and browser shut down boxes pop up... again like the pc is lagging and I have punched enter or other buttons to many times and it is trying to catch up.

Also the pc abruptly shuts down like I was holding the power button down.

any help will be appreciated.

running windows 7 64 bit

A:random cursor movements abrupt shut downs

still looking for help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543579/random-cursor-movements-abrupt-shut-downs/
Relevancy 79.98%

bought new computer lenovo y isk added ssd added additional ram only to find out i cant really use the computer since i was diehard w fan i installed that first although w was recommended it took days as the hardware wasn't very accommodating with the uefis and what not eventually got the Viewer, littered random Event shut downs drivers working all seemed fine but minor issues kept pestering me mouselag using hwmonitor similar to here http www overclock net t hwmonitor-causes-major-stuttering long start up for ssd boot and even longer wakening from hibernation few others that i cant really recall littered Event Viewer, random shut downs eventually bsod happened noticed weird errors in event viewer and i gave up installed w as was intended for this laptop all drivers present bios updated to latest i thought that would be all but shut downs persist just when i'm about to do work internet browsing goes fine event viewer is getting longer and i cant even figure out what they mean could you please assist me at least with explanations ps could it have something to do with legacy boot which i forgot to change back to uefi pre-format that didnt used to cause issues at all on other lappys also would really really really love to fix it without yet another format - lets at first explore other options kay events https ufile io a e e new one The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x xffffe ba f xffffd c c b xffffe bcbe A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id bdc - - f f- dc - e d f cd HWiNFO https ufile io db a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621809/littered-event-viewer-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello please let me know if I m in the wrong place or you need more information I did read the pinned topics and I hope I m able to give a clear enough account of my problems but by all shut recognized, freezing, downs random not Webcam means let me know if I don t I am on an HP Pavilion dv Windows Vista -bit Again I ll give any other info you need A few months ago problems started probably around the same time I didn t really take note of it when it started thinking they were one-offs Two weeks or so ago I took Webcam not recognized, freezing, random shut downs it into BestBuy and had the GeekSquad there look at it They vaguely told me that there were quot traces quot and that it was multiplying any time the computer is on It has not however gotten any worse since then and I ve continued using it They wanted to fix it and it would take days they said I don t have that much money to blow so I m prepared to save some files on my uncle s external hard drive and just completely wipe this laptop to factory settings Hopefully though someone will be able to help find another solution The people at the store thought the webcam and shutting off problem were virus-related but that the freezing was overheating I think all three are virus-related and I ll go more into each problem here -- My laptop has a built in webcam In the taskbar a bubble will pop up that tells me quot This device can perform faster quot and gives me USB options which I don t have but basically it is treating my webcam like it s a USB flash drive that has a bad connection Some days it will go in and out over and over I didn t know what it was until I went into ManyCam a webcam program and it didn t list the webcam as a source making me realize that my computer isn t recognizing it at all Then using the noise that sounds when a USB is connected disconnected I was able to find out that it will recognize the webcam only if the lid to the laptop is half way down After going through scanning etc which I ll detail later it worked briefly but after rebooting or doing the next scan I m not sure which the problem had come back and is there now -- Sometimes the laptop will shut itself down Sometimes it just shuts off others it reboots Sometimes before this happens it makes noise and flashes quickly briefly This could be wrong but from what I can deduce from it happening to me and to the other two people who use this laptop it seems to happen most frequently when we have YouTube Windows Media Player playing music at the same time as we are playing games that I think are flash -- When I leave the computer for some time whether locked or just simply leave it on maybe for an hour or two it didn t happen when it was scanning oddly and only happens sometimes it will just freeze I can move the mouse but can t click anything It acts like it s loading then just freezes Now BestBuy thought this was overheating and I had thought it was the virus too but agreed with them because the fan does get quite load and the computer can get hot But recently I ve been putting a book underneath the computer a big school textbook so that it can vent easier than just being on my bed I am aware that that s bad for it but I can usually tell since the computer has a battery bump that s quite large that it s getting enough ventilation most of the time and that has made the whirring go down but it froze at a time when the computer was almost completely silent and cool to the touch which makes me think it s not from overheating Now I have gone through the steps and scanned with Malwarebytes ESET Avast Dr Web and HouseCall Maybe one or two others as they were suggested along the way Each time they came up with a few problems I think up to total in the past couple of days I have Avast running in the taskbar currently not scanning just there I guess But these problems aren t being fixed I still have the issues Someone said that the registry could be the problem and that wiping it would be the only option I m f... Read more

A:Webcam not recognized, freezing, random shut downs

Have you considered...the possibility that your system is overheating?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382821/webcam-not-recognized-freezing-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 79.98%

I m running a lenovo T thinkpad and it s relatively new - that is I bought it last winter - but recently I ve been having what seems to be a hardware problem Or at least that s what the guys over in the Virus and Malware removal section are telling me Because from time to time my laptop has decided it s just going to go shut T500 Random Thinkpad: downs? Lenovo ahead and shut itself down Completely No lights no Lenovo T500 Thinkpad: Random shut downs? nothing - pressing the power button doesn t do anything I almost always have it plugged into a socket and that light won t show either - I ve found that taking the battery out of the laptop and Lenovo T500 Thinkpad: Random shut downs? letting it sit for a little before putting the battery back in usually gets the laptop to work again It s only happened recently but it s happened twice in the past week - which is a little more than bothersome since Lenovo T500 Thinkpad: Random shut downs? the antivirus I have runs a full scan when it happens I ve noticed that my laptop gets a little hot - not too hot that I can t touch it - but as far as I know I ve never had a problem with overheating or anything similar which leaves me in the dark about this entire thing I m really hoping that this doesn t turn out to be a hardware problem I should still be on warranty but I m a little - okay that s a lie I m pretty damn - scared to try and open up my laptop and fiddle with anything Hope this is enough information for someone out there to give me some sort ve idea of what s going on - and maybe how I could go about fixing this Thanks so much in advance guys nbsp

A:Lenovo T500 Thinkpad: Random shut downs?

Hi

Under warranty = dont mess with it

send it back under the warranty and report the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-t500-thinkpad-random-shut-downs.136534/
Relevancy 79.98%

My pc randomly shuts down a few times during the day and then gives random illegible bsods. After about 2 happen it stops happening and the pc runs smoothly till shutdown. Help is appreciated.

P.S. I already tried running windows drive and memory diagnostics.

Relevancy 79.12%

A few weeks ago I restored my laptop to factory condition Everything seemed to be fine updated Windows until there were no more updates etc Then random A660 BSOD, PSAW6U shut downs Satellite on I BSOD, random shut downs on Satellite A660 PSAW6U saw a message from a Toshiba utility I wasn't familiar with because I BSOD, random shut downs on Satellite A660 PSAW6U usually just uninstall them It was a Eco utility update and some other updates and a BIOS update So I updated everything and rebooted Now my laptop shuts down at random intervals sometimes with a BSOD, random shut downs on Satellite A660 PSAW6U BSOD sometimes nothing There's no discernable pattern I've tried everything I know to do ran check disk no errors tested memory no problems and then I looked at the BIOS settings and saw something strange when I went to the power on settings it would give me an error message I had to escape and move right or left Any time I tried to highlight anything in that menu the same thing happened So is it a corrupted BIOS Honestly with all the horror stories I assumed a bad BIOS would result in a brick not a semi-working computer Anyway I tried flashing an older BIOS version is installed and I tried reverting back to but since it's older the utility wouldn't let me Is there any way around this Is it possible that the BIOS is fine and I'm just chasing my tail

A:BSOD, random shut downs on Satellite A660 PSAW6U

I believe you are the first one who reports about that.

Which notebook model do you have?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84663-BSOD-random-shut-downs-on-Satellite-A660-PSAW6U
Relevancy 79.12%

The past days my laptop has been shutting down whenever it feels like it Out of nowhere it just turns off no Blue screen or anything All eventvwr gives me is quot kernel-power error quot Minidump folder is not created When I tried running a shut downs Kernel-power no Error random Minidump 41 chkdsk my laptop would freeze during the second countdown I could not exit the countdown I tried going through bios but my laptop shut off while in bios It also shut off randomly while I ran the rescue disk HDD Re generator found no errors on the hard drive and no memory errors were found I turned off RACtask and that didn't work I have no idea what is going on or what any of this means - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Error 41 Kernel-power random shut downs no Minidump Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid Error 41 Kernel-power random shut downs no Minidump quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Kelami lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt What in the world is wrong with my laptop It's only months old it's running the RC client and just randomly started doing it The drivers are all updated too It also randomly shuts off my net so I cannot access any webpages I'm not very good at this type of thing so please try to keep it simple X X I get confused easily Laptop is an HP dv t- se ghz dual core gb ram nvidia video card this is the x Windows RC

A:Error 41 Kernel-power random shut downs no Minidump

Quote:
I tried going through bios but my laptop shut off while in bios

Your machine has a hardware problem. Further software troubleshooting is unfortunately pointless until the underlying hardware-level defect is resolved. It may be an outright broken bit of componentry, or it could be insufficient cooling due to dust buildup or the fan being blocked by placement.

The event you posted is only a side-effect of the unexpected power down event. In other words, it's not the cause, it's just Windows noticing that something "bad" happened just then to knock out the machine without a clean shutdown.

Since it's only two months old, the computer is presumably still under warranty. If that's the case, once you've ruled out insufficient cooling I'd strongly advise you to contact HP and to seek a replacement. My suggestion would be to stay away from stories of what happens while in Windows, and to focus their tech's attention on the fact that the machine has powered itself down unexpectedly while in the BIOS. That is entirely indicative of a hardware problem and it cannot be solved by anything they may ask you to change in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29648-error-41-kernel-power-random-shut-downs-no-minidump.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Gateway NE57005u and recently after i replaced the screen my laptop will randomly shut down and the touch pad will sometimes work and sometimes not. If it does work and i swipe to fast on it, the screen will go to grey static and won't reverse to normal until i turn it on and off again. After i replaced the screen the laptop was fine for about two months and now it started doing this about a week ago so i don't know if it is because of the replacement screen or what. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552927/laptop-touchpad-wont-work-static-screen-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 78.26%

Dell Latitude 3450
Windows pro 7
Brand new HDD Solid state
A little over a year old (HDD died 9 days out of warranty....of course!)

Began acting strange again (maybe tied to prior to the HDD crash - not sure) a few days ago - it would reboot out of the blue or upon boot-up would get the login screen and then it would go black instead of loading the desktop.  Got error messages of corrupt file and disk read error yesterday.  Went through ePSA and was able to get it up and running - but something is seriously going on with this!  This is my husband's but I can remote into it - did last night and wandered around in the event viewer - but not knowing what I was doing in there - just saw many "critical" errors listed with Kernel 41....

Any suggestions on how to figure out what's going on?  

Pam

A:Dell Latitude 3450 Kernal-power 41 - random shut downs

Event ID 41 errors are simply Windows way of saying it doesn't know why it shut down.  Here's a link with more info:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504 As this is an SSD, there's not much in the way of tests.  There is a suggested tool for SSD's a bit down this page:  http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.htmlBUT, I'd suggest that the first thing to do is to backup all the critical data.  If this is a failing drive, you may not have much time to recover the data before it completely dies. Then, try another hard drive and see how that works.  They're fairly cheap these days - and you can even find stores that will let you return them if they're not needed (for your money back).If the new hard drive works well, then you can presume it's the SSD that's failing.If it doesn't work well, then you'll have to start checking cables and connections. We can help a bit if you can generate these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617949/dell-latitude-3450-kernal-power-41-random-shut-downs/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys I really could use some help here I'm currently running Windows on my acer laptop which I've had for many years A few days ago the laptop decided to randomly restart itself I believe after getting a blue screen error saying there has been a problem and the system needs to restart and ever since then I've had nothing but problems and I think it was after my computer updated itself to The first problem was after logging in I could see my desktop background but none of my icons I solved this by right clicking and selecting view icons but they kept appearing huge and then disappearing again Then after restarting again and after logging in the screen would just go black Sometimes I was able to see the mouse and start the task manager sometimes I couldn't do anything So after trying multiple times of restarting I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled all of the previous windows updates that had been installed on the day that the problems started and stopped it from automatically updating itself this reverted it back to windows After that the laptop was fine for a day but again after restarting it's going crazy again Sometimes I get the black screen sometimes the system restarts itself randomly I've tried everything from disabling the display adapter and generic non-pnp monitor thinking it was a graphics issue the monitor had a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to it but Black login, downs, problem? be shut update random the may screen after this only worked for a short time before the black screen came back so I've enabled the display adapter back but not the monitor Both have the latest versions installed I ran the sfc scannow prompt and looked at the log this is Black screen after login, random shut downs, update may be the problem? what stood out to me - - Info CSI SR Verify complete - - Info CSI SR Verifying x components - - Info CSI SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l ActionCenterCPL dll of Microsoft-Windows-HealthCenterCPL Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store file is missing - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l ActionCenter dll of Microsoft-Windows-HealthCenter Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store file is missing - - Info CSI DIRSD Black screen after login, random shut downs, update may be the problem? OWNER WARNING Directory Black screen after login, random shut downs, update may be the problem? ml l C WINDOWS diagnostics system HomeGroup en-GB is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroupDiagnostic Resources pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture l en-GB VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l ActionCenterCPL dll of Microsoft-Windows-HealthCenterCPL Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store file is missing - - Info CSI a SR This component was referenced by l Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-shell bf ad e amd Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-shell - - Info CSI b DIRSD OWNER WARNING Directory ml l C WINDOWS diagnostics system HomeGroup is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroupDiagnostic Interop pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral - - Info CSI c Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory l C WINDOWS diagnostics system HomeGroup in component Microsoft-Windows-HomeGroupDiagnostic Interop Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605751/black-screen-after-login-random-shut-downs-update-may-be-the-problem/
Relevancy 78.26%

I can see from the forums that this issue is occurring often with many users. Thus far, I cannot see a fix, despite extensive reading on the subject, without recourse to a new graphics card and PSU. Is it not about time that Dell owned up to this and issued new cards or at least gave the information required to solve the problem? This was a high cost, high end purchase direct from Dell and I need a solution. Please help.

Thank you

Neil

A:Dell XPS 8700 with AMD Radeon R9 270 - random black screens and shut downs

*Which* 8700 system did you buy?
The system that you bought was *fine* for how it was delivered and "spec'ed" for.
The system that you bought was *not* designed to allow the user to do "any type of upgrade" they wanted.
For *most* XPS 8700 systems, an MD Radeon R9 270 is far past what the system was spec'ed for.
Dell offers *many* *options* in building systems. :-)

You can't get a "high-end" desktop, and expect it to be able to be used like a hard-core gaming or graphics workstation.
From what I saw, the MD Radeon R9 270 requires a "big" power supply.
www.realhardtechx.com/.../Page362.htm

www.tomshardware.com/.../power-supply-270-system.html

Since that advanced graphics card also generates a lot of heat, the *system* has to be designed to allow for that extra heat.

For the XPS 8900, Dell has their "extreme" series.
That's what's *required* for advanced graphics cards, *unless other mods are done to the system*.
For one, I strongly suggest a heat-sink upgrade along with a bigger power supply.

[on Soapbox] :)
Imho, if people want an gaming system, then Dell sells gaming systems. :-)
***If people want to upgrade a desktop, the it's 110% up to the user to do the required mods. And, realize that you loose your Dell warranty, and Dell support may not be able to help with any system problems. Dell support knows the systems that Dell sells. They can't know, or support, the trillions of combinations that are possible by mixing/matching parts.
[off Soapbox] :)
So, in summary: Get a bigger power supply and get a better CPU cooler. If you want a gaming system next time, check out the Dell systems designed for gaming and high performance graphics.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19678564
Relevancy 78.26%

Alright so a couple months ago my computer crashed and I was told it was a hard drive problem So I got a new hard drive and installed it myself reinstalling windows and everything else After a bout a week my computer would randomly shut off the screens image would become jumbled with dark lines running horizontally across and then it would either shut of Random Death after Screen watching Blue shut and downs videos off or give me the BSOD The BSOD flashes fast so I can t write down any information from Blue Screen of Death and Random shut downs after watching videos it This has happened repeatedly for about months since every couple days Usually I leave my laptop alone for about min and then I can start it up again The problem seems to happen mostly when i watch videos or go on sites with a lot of media going on I think I ve installed all the drivers i need to I m hoping it is not a hardware problem Blue Screen of Death and Random shut downs after watching videos because i just bought this hard Blue Screen of Death and Random shut downs after watching videos drive I never had this problem before when i had the old hard drive If any one could give me some help that would be awesome I also ran check disk and it came up with nothing My laptop is an HP G Notebook running windows Hard drive is a western digital gb

A:Blue Screen of Death and Random shut downs after watching videos

Hello and Welcome -First -Please download BlueScreenView from the link below:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.htmlunzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select AllGo to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txtOpen BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next replyNext -Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may also give us a bit more to look at -Publish a Snapshot using Speccy =<<Follow These DirectionsThank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455039/blue-screen-of-death-and-random-shut-downs-after-watching-videos/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have had my HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC (with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1) for less than a year and I am encountering a ton of problems. Whenever I go to open a program, it unresponds for a short while before I can continue to use it.Sometimes my keyboard acts up, for e.g. if I were to press T whilst in an internet browser, it would open a new tab, as if I was pressing the CTRL button when I'm not.Sometimes my laptop shuts down - sometimes there is a blue screen error message before, other times it just shuts down without one.I have Trend Micro Tiatanium anti-virus protection and have done scans and nothing has showed up. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

A:Programs unrespond, keyboard acts up, random shut downs and blue screen

Hi em1992. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.Download MiniToolBox and select List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484318/programs-unrespond-keyboard-acts-up-random-shut-downs-and-blue-screen/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have had my HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC (with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1) for less than a year and I am encountering a ton of problems.
Whenever I go to open a program, it unresponds for a short while before I can continue to use it.
Sometimes my keyboard acts up, for e.g. if I were to press T whilst in an internet browser, it would open a new tab, as if I was pressing the CTRL button when I'm not.
Sometimes my laptop shuts down - sometimes there is a blue screen error message before, other times it just shuts down without one.

I have Trend Micro Tiatanium anti-virus protection and have done scans and nothing has showed up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

A:Programs unrespond, keyboard acts up, random shut downs and blue scree

What is the BSOD error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277331-programs-unrespond-keyboard-acts-up-random-shut-downs-blue-scree.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I need help I m running Win XP Home I keep getting random shutdowns with the following message quot The system is shutting down Please save all work in progress and log off Any unsaved changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM The system process C WINNT SYSTEM SERVICES EXE terminated unexpectedly with status code The Solved: NT [solved] Downs Random Authority\System Shut system will shut down and restart quot Solved: [solved] Random NT Authority\System Shut Downs I ve already ran Solved: [solved] Random NT Authority\System Shut Downs McAfee virus scan stinger exe Spybot SD Ad-Aware and Spy Sweeper But nothing seems to fix I want to fix this problem before I update to Windows XP SP This what I get from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXE C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS System wfxsnt exe C DOCUME Untel LOCALS Temp MiniBug exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C Documents and Settings Untel My Documents Web Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus l hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http qus l hpwis com F - REG system ini UserInit Userinit exe TGBRFV O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A D B- C- F - -B D F A B - C PROGRA iFinger plugins IE ifp O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Y... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Ok I m confused I have included hijack this logfile to see if there s malware somewhere and I may need help with dll file problems Service control manager error messages in the system section of event viewer in application section of event viewer there is Net runtime error and control service manager I am also noticing that Media player network sharing service running and windows explorer is running also Believe it or not I m not running slow First I noticed after the last update many weeks ago that I couldn t save frontpage sheets it tells me once in a while that I have etc shut downs run out of temporary memory It told me I didn t have the authorization to save the file so I started to shut downs etc use Dreamweaver for html documents Zone alarm said while Dreamweaver trying to launch and is using temporary file or use another program to gain access to privileged resources I click ok but once in awhile Dreamweaver tells me I am running low on memory I can t save photos that I only made smaller and tried to compress for sending out Tells me I don t have the authority I thought it was a registry problem so I used registry Mechanic and it found over errors which I fixed Now I consistently get errors in temp CHK area the reg mechanic finds I keep getting popups from zone alarm that there s class changes at least times with the letters chk mentioned there I thought it was a registry problem so I thought I would uninstall shut down then reinstall paintshop Pro Everything went fine but when I tried to install the update it said that msvcp dll is in use and that I have to shut programs down btw I did shut everything and even closed AVG and zone alarm before this BTW Windows Cardspace in control panel won t open box pops up saying quot can t be started you may be running a non ntfs or service may have been disabled by administrator quot in box As you can probably tell every service is either manual or automatic Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system clipsrv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensing exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare Software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exe C Program Files Sympatico Dial-up Accelerator slipaccel exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C unzipped HiJackThis v HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer... Read more

A:shut downs etc

I did find I had an ad ware problem. AVG found it, generic2.ahv or the byxxxuu.dll file.

Although I googled and searched on AVG with no info available. Guess this is a new one.

What are the next steps? After you find a virus?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shut-downs-etc.569805/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Tech Guy Forums Long-time reader first-time poster Actually that s a lie I found this site from google Anyhoo I sent a tech help message over to CyberPowerPC s support people but since I m impatient I think I ll try some up-to-the-second forums Here s my e-mail to them since I don t think it needs a re-write-up for shut-downs BSOD followed by you guys all I BSOD followed by shut-downs think I could put in some more swear words here hehe quot I bought a computer from CyberPower this past August CU- - AMD X AM CPU RETAIL and I ve recently started to have some difficulties with it I hope you can help me out Last Monday I installed new sticks of RAM that I purchased from newegg com http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E They should have been perfectly compatible with my computer Then on Tuesday night I got the dreaded BSOD I don t remember the specifics of the warning besides the usual stuff if you see this message more than once etc since it came out of left field Every time I tried to reboot the PC it just shut-down usually before BSOD followed by shut-downs Windows even loaded I BSOD followed by shut-downs realized that the longer I left the computer off the longer it would stay on I eventually gave up and decided to let it quot cool off quot On Wednesday I ran Scandisk and the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool and it no errors were found I kinda shrugged it off and crossed my fingers that it wouldn t happen again Of course it did happen again tonight Thursday This time the blue screen message did look a little different and I did catch one part of it x E It did the same annoying quicker-you-turn-it-back-on quicker-it ll-turn-off thing too I google d the error code that I had caught and found some memory-related tech help on different forums A few pointed towards the free test offered at www memtest org I burned a disc with that test and after letting the computer stay off about hours I turned it on and let the test boot Around minutes into the test surprise surprise the computer powered down As usual no warnings or error messages basically just the plug being pulled Oh and another important note the computer will still shut down even if I remove the new cards of RAM At this point I m a little confounded and unsure of what to do Any help will be appreciated Thanks Sam quot Me and a friend have been quabbling over this Here s a possible stupid move on my part -- the RAM cards the computer came with are - - - speed The new cards are - - - I ran all at the same time -- and in retrospect I m thinking it s possible that that wasn t a good idea Thoughts comments questions insults nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have Windows 8 and using XP Dell 4550 series. At times my computer goes down suddenly. I just noticed percisely in standby mode, I wanted to return to web and e-mail but it just just down. This happened before some other time, but not in stand by. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Relevancy 62.35%

my laptop gives me a message box that its has to shut down. it says DCOM SERVER PROCESS LAUNCHER TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY. INITIATE BY NT ATHORITY\SYSTEM. WHAT YA THINK?

A:system shut downs

Seems to me that you may have a malware problem...IMO, it's best to post all details requested and adhere to the policies/suggestions of the BC forum, Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/.The folks there will be able to eliminate/confirm any suspicions of such.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293949/system-shut-downs/
Relevancy 62.35%

i would say probably 75-80% of the times i start up my computer (not wake it up) but pressing the on button it will turn on post then off sometimes before the the bios screen shows sometimes when its almost done pretty well random...so i press button again and everything is fine every time the second time is fine like nothing happened the computers will be on for hours used or not and its fine...but always (pretty well) it takes 2 button pushes no blue screen not error nothing

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600389/un-explained-shut-downs/
Relevancy 62.35%

I re-formated and re-installed my PC just 2 weeks ago and have now all drivers updates etc installed but have the last 10 days or so, experienced shutdown and restart problems and a really long time with the red light on front of PC (not sure of correct name), either flickering or continuously ON. Especially after long tasks. Any chance of someone knowing what's going on? Although it is fine half the time, in this respect it's worse than before I reinstalled it! I would go back to XP, but it looks too much of a hassle.

A:Red light and shut downs

Now you are saying it is worst now than before the reinstall. This tells me that you had a problem alreay. Reinstalling windows will only fix software relted issues. You could be looking at a part failure like hard drive. The red light is also likely the hard drive activity light.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/red-light-and-shut-downs-440103.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I built myself a 550 AMD w/4gb hard drive 56k 64mb sdram PC100. lately is has been shuttind down or stalling or freezing in the middle of programs I thought it was the files so I fdisked it but it is still doing this when I try to load my operating system.

What could be the cause of it stalling in the middle of loading windows or stopping in the middle of a reboot or stopping in the 23% format??

Any help desperately needed!!

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help me My computer has been turning off on its own for a while now and while i have an idea what might be causing the problem i d still like you guys to give me your ideas and advices I run speed fan and the readings i get are perfectly normal every temperature is no shut over downs, heat. PC below C and so i dont think its windows shutting down from over heat it would nt make sense Here are my PC shut downs, no over heat. system specs Intel core duo CPU GhZ ATI radeon EAHcore Asus video card MIOS KY- ATX power supply GB Kingston DDR RAM Now the reason why i bolded the power supply is because i think that its what s causing the problem im not sure wether its W or W and since its a cheap power supply i cant find any info on the web Here are the voltage readings from my SpeedFan software Vcore V V V AVcc V Do you guys think its the power supply is there anything wrong with these readings and if there isnt what do you think the problem might be Again thanks for your time i ll be checking on the thread very often so expect quick replies on my part nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

My computer has been spontaneously shutting down I really don t know why no extra load has been applied to it or anything like that downs. Spontanious shut i have submitted HTJ log below Any help would be Greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Spontanious shut downs. C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Spontanious shut downs. system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system SysMonitor exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Acer WLAN g USB Dongle ZDWlan exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http en us acer yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run ntiMUI C Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI CD amp DVD-Maker ntiMUI exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Acer Empowering Technology Monitor C WINDOWS system SysMonitor exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMs... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

Having built computers for quite some time now this and shut-downs Artifacts is by far the oddest problem I ve run into and of course I ve encountered it on my main expensive home system I came home from school one day to find my computer woudn t load past a certain spot after the windows loading screen I would get a full black screen with just the cursor which I could move I found the same deal when I loaded my computer in safe mode I wasn t sure whether the problem was hardware or software so I put in my Windows CD and repaired my Windows installation This allowed me to have a functioning windows But that wasn t the total fix some problems remained The Symptoms I had other problems before that that are leaving me puzzled Even before I got to the point where Windows wouldn t load in WoW and other games like Oblivion I Artifacts and shut-downs had been experiencing graphical problems like artifacts and tearing and even having the whole game world in Oblivion go black and just the menus remain This led me to believe it was some sort of software issue such as drivers but I had graphical errors and artifacts even in the Windows loading screen itself which led me to believe it was my graphics card I even updated my video card and directx drivers and no dice I put in another hard drive and got the same errors on the DOS menus That wasn t just it I ve also had my computer randomly shut itself down a few times leading me to believe it could also be a power supply issue and the artifacts are a result of my power hungry geforce GT not getting enough juice But the fact that the artifacts appear even when first starting my system up after a night of being powered down tells me the problem is elsewhere I m seeing graphical irregularities even in the DOS menu like some words are purple instead of white Some words are even misspelled quot Memory controller quot has become quot Memory cojnoller quot or some variant Examples This is a triangle poking out of ground in World of Warcraft http img imageshack us img trianglerg jpg Desktop example When I drag a Window around sometimes there is a dot that leaves a trail I tried to spell out quot LOL quot What you can t see as a result of the lowered picture quality are one pixel green dots that litter the screen randomly Mostly they stay in one place and oddly they disappear whenever something on the screen is white and re-appear when something on the screen is dark http img imageshack us img compprobgg jpg Possible Causes -Software Unlikely as if this was a software problem I wouldn t be seeing graphical irregularities and such in the DOS menu -Memory Possibility -Hard drive Possible but unlikely I put in another hard drive which loaded to a blue screen of death due to most likely being a bad hard drive and still saw the graphical errors -Overheating Possible but not likely The problems remain even -Power supply Possibility -Video card Possibility I m sensing that it may be a memory or video card issue at this point in time nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I m writing on borrowed time so I ll be quick Just a couple of days ago Browser shut-downs after running MS auto updates I began having a problem staying connected through my browsers IE amp Firefox but not through my e-mail server Here s what Browser shut-downs happens After rebooting I am able to connect to the web via DSL with no problem and even open and surf with both browsers However suddenly the browser window will flicker briefly after which when I click on anything in it e g the back button a page appears telling me that there is no connection to the server and to make sure I m online I am and that my firewall proxy settings are correct I don t use a proxy and if I did the settings have not been changed since the connection worked in the past What is really weird is that my e-mail server Incredimail remains connected as per usual Right now the only way to reestablish the connection is to reboot the computer Since this happens anywhere from to minutes after I get back up this is becoming a real pain Can anyone offer an explanation and more importantly a solution Mil de gracias Laurie nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

My kids computer is a mess - takes second for Explorer to open up etc Here is the most recent logfile from Hijack This - I m beyond my depth Thank you for any help to get this fixed Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system amovumtq exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg shut ups Help downs viruses, Help Help pop exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmgr exe C program files support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Lexmark series lxbtbmon exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system blnawdud exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Help Help Help viruses, pop ups shut downs Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Mom Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo Help Help Help viruses, pop ups shut downs com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - BA D -F - E - F F- ADFEB - C WINDOWS system sstqn dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - - F A- CD - - BCD AFA A D - C WINDOWS system chsbrk dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO no name - AD D - - e-BD E- F F - C WINDOWS system qjemrtns dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - C F - A - FC-A - B FB C E - C WINDOWS system fccdbcy dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD ... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

hi i have a pc that shuts down shortly after booting up, although sometimes it has run for quite a long time before the dreaded restart. i tried changing all the components and connected it at different power points too, however i cannot find a solution. now i disconnected all the components except the motherboard and still the pc shuts down a few seconds after i boot it. what can be the problem? i also changed the power supply to no avail

Relevancy 62.35%

My computer just turns off on its own, for no reason. At first I thought it might be a loose connection, but I checked all of them. And also, when I restart it, it starts up normally, not doing its checks if it were shut down imporperly. Could this be a virus? It sometimes doesnt even let everything load onto my computer when i start it up before it just shuts off. very aggrevating!

Relevancy 62.35%

So here is the problem. I am playing a browser game called Wartune on r2 site and lately my PC just shuts down after some time on their site, sometimes after 4-5mins, sometimes after an hour. First I thought it was some sort of a hardware problem since I had a hdd that failed recently, but this kept happening even on another hdd i'm using now. Cleaned registry, reinstalled windows numerous times, changed from 7 to xp and still have the problem, but ONLY when I'm on that site and looks like only when it's an active tab, if I'm on other site no problem at all. Recently I saw a brief pop-up message after a system start saying lsass.exe is failing. Google search gave me a have basic idea what this file is for, but why I keep getting this error even after I make a new win instalation on a fresh formated hdd?

A:PC shut downs on certain site

Hi inm,

A friend of mine had a similar problem with his XP, he tried reinstalling the windows and doing everything he can but nothing worked. Then here is what we did, and apparently it solved the problem.
I booted the system with BartPE and opened regedit.
I imported the hive "C:\windows\system32\config\software"
I located the following key: Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
I renamed the string value "AppInit_DLLs" to "AppInit_DLLs.old"
I created a new string value called "AppInit_DLLs" with no entries.
I then unloaded the registry hive and rebooted.

This technique does not require BartPE, any offline registry editing tool should work. Also remember to backup the original C:\windows\system32\config directory before making changes.

If the issue was caused by malware, remember to boot into safe mode or the malicious entries may be added back into the registry when you login.

Refer to the following for additional information:
Windows registry information for advanced users (registry information)
How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting (registry recovery)
Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD (bartPE site)
How to edit the registry offline using BartPE boot CD ? (example of offline registry editing)
Working with the AppInit_DLLs registry value (AppInit_Dlls Information)

Hope this would help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-shut-downs-on-certain-site-779666.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an EMachine with windows XP that is less than two years old and it keeps shutting down. It will start up normally, and then it just turns off, sometimes it takes a few minutes, other times it lasts for 20 minutes. The screen goes blank and goes into it's "power saving mode" and the sound from the computer running stops, but the light on the keyboard and tower are still on. Any ideas on what could be causing it? I have Norton and it is up to date, and it doesn't say that there is a virus...

Relevancy 62.35%

my pc shut downs suddenly (like a drive failure)and then restarts and i noticed that this happens whenever i start mozilla firefox (not always but sometimes). so i unistalled firefox and reinstalled it but the same things happens again. this is making some of my programs to lose data since it restarts all of a sudden. can any 1 help me?

btw, i run win xp home edtiton sp2
512mb ram

Relevancy 62.35%

Yesterday I have tried opening my G - laptop I heard the built-in fan roll I saw light on my keyboard but the screen won't just turn on It stays there fully black so I tried removing the battery the charger and my external mouse and leaving them for a while I put them back in and open it later on and it is all fine I used it for merely minutes Battery was about charged and it just SHUTS OFF immediately without any warning and the screen won't turn on when opened again so I do the same thing that I have did before but waited a little longer Unexpected downs - shut G50-70 nbsp and it worked with me till I closed it and went back to sleep nbsp The next day it worked G50-70 - Unexpected shut downs out for some time then it shuts off the same way it did before I try plugging the charger is disbelief and I find out there is no light coming from the laptop to indicate that it is charging and when I tried opening it this time it didn't start AT ALL so I removed the battery AGAIN and wait then put it back The laptop opens nbsp but suddenly shuts down before I enter my password so I'm pretty much stuck in a paradox any help is appreciated nbsp Right now as I am typing this the laptop opened and didn't shut down for whole minutes but is liable to nbsp any second please help nbsp NOTE The battery the laptop with all its parts and the charger with the AC adapter all are bought together aka They are bought in one original box nbsp Mod's Edit Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-Unexpected-shut-downs/td-p/3327086