Windows Support Forum

Every game I play crashes for no reason

Q: Every game I play crashes for no reason

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Every game I play crashes for no reason

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, i just started having this problem a few days ago. I play in a laptop, and i know that is not recommended because of the specs but i usually only play League of legends which don't represent much trouble running in my PC.  But now whenever i'm 5 or more minutes in game the PC crashes with the screen freezing and the sound loops itself. I run several test which told me the the graphic card was running ok. My specs are:Model: Inspiron 5558Bios: A13CPU:  Intel Core i7 - 5500UGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500I just update the drivers manually just to see if it solved my problem, but i dont know if i did it right. Thank you very much for your attention, and sorry for my bad English.  Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627665/mi-pc-crashes-when-i-play-any-game/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello Microsoft I hope that you but play to it a game, Trying crashes are enjoying your time I have installed a game recently but I am having an issue play it since it nbsp crashes at the beginning of the game I have thought that Microsoft will be able to explain this error Problem signature nbsp Problem Event Name nbsp nbsp nbsp APPCRASH nbsp Application Name nbsp nbsp nbsp GTA exe nbsp Application Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Application Timestamp nbsp nbsp nbsp d nbsp Fault Module Name nbsp nbsp nbsp GTA exe nbsp Fault Module Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Fault Module Timestamp nbsp nbsp nbsp d nbsp Exception Code nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp Exception Offset nbsp nbsp Trying to play a game, but it crashes nbsp b nbsp OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Locale ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Additional Information nbsp nbsp nbsp d b nbsp Additional Information nbsp nbsp nbsp d b afa b f e ffc eba ffd nbsp Additional Information nbsp nbsp nbsp a ab nbsp Additional Information nbsp nbsp nbsp a aba bdec a f b cef Read our privacy statement online nbsp http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline nbsp C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f15d196-beb2-4f36-bbe3-9a37ee308c15/trying-to-play-a-game-but-it-crashes?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 70.95%

HELLO ALL,

Maybe someone can help me? I had Age of Mythology on my PC 5 min into the game, it crashes. I now play Star Wars Galaxies and it crashes!

What gives?!?!?!

Here are my specs

AMD ATHLON XP 2200+
1.00 GB RAM Shika DDR266 PC2100 Memory
20 GB Hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Windows XP PRO
Version 2002 Service Pack 1

Can someone please help?

Thank You

A:Pc Crashes During Game Play

Hi,

I suggest you this solution.
Log on your system in failsafe;
uninstall video and sound drivers and Directx and the games (make a backup of your savegames before);
reboot and reinstall first Directx 9.0.b;
reboot and reinstall the latest drivers for your video and sound cards;
reboot and make the dxdiag.exe test and have a look to the test report;
if the test is ok, reinstall your games.

It's all I can tell you now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashes-during-game-play.255216/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys.
Basic problem is that my computer freezes every time i start a game. I'm assuming this has something to do with the video card.

My steps so far have been to format my HD and re-install windows vista. I have not connected to the internet since re-installing windows so I am almost certain I have no viruses.

The problem occurred whilst playing a game, the computer froze and was totally non-responsive - even to ctrl+alt+del.

Sometimes when I switch it on, it loads up until the login screen which stays blank.
I have found that I can start it up successfully in safe mode.

My specs are as followed:

Manufacturer: Dell Inspiron 531
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.81 ghz
RAM: 3582mb
System type: 32-bit OS
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS

If you need anymore info pls ask
Thanks

A:PC crashes whenever I try and play a game

Yep, i downloaded the latest from the Nvidia website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-whenever-i-try-and-play-a-game.123930/
Relevancy 70.09%

My year old son has tried a few games on his computer We just got it back from repair services once again from Cyber Pr Pc not sure if were are allowed to tpye the Computer crashes play during game actual companies names on here We will never ever buy another computer from them this is our second pc from them I told them I would contact my credit card company but the credit card company says their is nothing they can do for me We have sent it back in times in a row and each time it comes back with something new wrong or has the same issue as before Anway everthing else seems to be running fine now even the first issue that we sent the computer in for to begin was finally fixed on the Computer crashes during game play rd try I can t remember what all they have replaced on it so far Now on to the gaming issue he starts a game within about minutes it freezes crashes Computer crashes during game play it s self or crashes the computer He started looking around online and tried several suggestions he ran across one post that said it might be the power supply I wanted to wait and get help here before we go out and buy a new one because I am not sending this thing back again to have something else go wrong stinking times is enough I think the only two games he has installed since getting the computer back are Half-Life and Star Forge Alpha I d test it out right now but I don t want to have to deal with restarting the computer if it crashes We have not updated out computer since we received it back from repair services a few days ago We use a paid version of Kaspersky at the time of the crashes it wasn t installed The image contains his system info If different type of info is needed you might have to tell me how to get it nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I recently bought a new gaming Computer play I whenever game a crashes PC and it crashes when I m playing games Usually happens within the first minutes to an hour and not just the game my entire computer crashes and I have to hit the power button Sometimes It will Computer crashes whenever I play a game restart and give me a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION When I check the reliability I get a few different types of errors IAStorData Svc has stopped working ASGT exe has stopped working COM Surrogate has stopped working Sometimes windows only says it was not properly shut down but this error is present with every other error Also after every crash my Ge Force graphic optimization has to be redone and my in game settings seem to re set somtimes I have googled these and tried many different thing to try and fix my computer I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and I have also re sett my windows among other things I am running windows on a custom built computer from IBuyPower I have a year warranty and I am in the process of sending it back but I m hoping It can be fixed before then PC Specs CPU Intel Core i - K Processor GPU Nvidia GTX GB EVGA Superclocked RAM GB DDR - ADATA XPG MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z X-SLI POWER W Standard PLUS Bronze STORAGE GB SanDisk Z S SSD TB RPM Hard Drive yes two drives with the SSD being my C drive It is about full My temps for my CPU are never above degreec C at load same for my GPU Please help me if you can I appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-a-game.1164434/
Relevancy 70.09%

The problem is, everytime i play a game my computer crashes within 2 to 20 minutes. Sometimes it gives a blue screen wich doesn't give any useable information. The other times the screen freezes, nothing reacts anymore and the sounds loops over and over in a humming noise. The games i play are rather new,
Total war series, Medal of Honor (that new one), etc.
I also play less graphical games like Minecraft.

The computer specs are as followed:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
RAM: 8GB
Power: 600W Cooler Master

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Relevancy 70.09%

I have:
amd athlon 62 x2 3800+ 2.0ghz
3.00 GB ram
windows vista 32bit
nvidia geforce 9600 gso

and my computer crashes whenever i play any game. This only occurred when I went from windows XP to Windows Vista; it was a clean install. ill be able to play a game perfectly for a few seconds and then it will just crash. I'll play a old game like counter-strike on lowest settings and it will still crash. i've also tried underclocking the GPU and placing a huge fan next to my open case and it still crashes. I've had this problem for about a year, in the beginning I tried numerous ways to fix it and then just gave up for like 8 months, until now. From that time, I remember that i got BSODs that had nvlddmkm.sys errors. any help please!

A:Computer crashes when I play any game.

RE: nVidia BSOD nvlddmkm.sys - Depop
I have found and fixed the problem today. This is what appears to happen.
during the installation of the most current drivers 100.65 Vista, an OLD file
nvlddmkm.sys is copied into windows/system32/drivers and not the current one
in the install. As a result the new drivers are attempting to access a file
dated 11/2006 instead of 2/2007 ver 7.15.11.0065 which is in the newest WHQL
driver ver 100.65 vista 32.

Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to
nvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_
and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
the new nvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer.

Your computer should now work properly.

You will notice that any uninstall and reinstall of nvidia drivers will not
remove the old nvlddmkm.sys file and will not overwrite it with the newer
version. You have to do it manually. I do not know why this happens but who
cares as long it is fixed.
this from google

best best is to follow instructions above, download nvidia cleaner and newest driver and start over

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-257.21-whql-driver.html

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

and check your psu rating

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-when-i-play-any-game.936277/
Relevancy 70.09%

My computer tends to crash after I play WoW for about hours It s always the same error the game fails after of play crashes Game 2h approx. to load one image until the entire game either freezes or my whole system freezes and is forced to reboot If I catch the problem early enough If I see an image fail to load I can quit the game and my comp is fine If I try to start the game again without reboot it WILL crash I m using the following Ghz intel pent processor HIS radeon excalbur mb gfx card Game crashes after approx. 2h of play GB RAM x mb x mb I had the same problem before I upgraded memory I was only using mb before but it happened a lot more Game crashes after approx. 2h of play often about every minutes before This doesn t happen with anything else But then again I don t do anything half as intense with my computer I just want to know what the problem is and how to go about fixing it I haven t been able to get any advice from anywhere else I thought it was the memory but I doubled the memory and that didn t help much It feels as if my computer doesn t clear out some temporary memory somewhere as often as it should so the comp can t take it and crashes In which case it might just be my gfx card is too weak What do you think nbsp

A:Game crashes after approx. 2h of play

Sounds like your original 512MB stick of RAM might be faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-crashes-after-approx-2h-of-play.124197/
Relevancy 70.09%

I need help! My computer crashes whenever I play a game, 5-10 min in it just kicks me back out to the desktop, no error msg...nothing! I thought maybe it was my video card, but I got a new one and still doing the same thing. Ive even formatted my hard drive incase it was a corrupt file...
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: RADEON 9550
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9550 AGP (0x4153)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Any help would be awesome!!

A:Computer Crashes whenever I play a game

Have you tried going to the ATI website and downloading the updated drivers for you video card? Also what games are you playing that cause this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-a-game-81903.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, this is my first post in the forums. My computer crashes every time i play a game (Counter Strike Source, Call of Duty, Starcraft 2), I cant open the task administrator because the whole computer freezes and I have to manually press the restart button to restart my computer. This has been happening for quite a while now. Im not sure about this, but a friend of mine told me that he had the exact same problem and it was due to the hardware not being compatible to each other. Any help would be very appreciated. :)

System Specs:

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor, 3100 Mhz

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GTCUDA Cores: 32
Core clock: 550 MHz
Shader clock: 1350 MHz
Memory clock: 400 MHz (800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 128-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1791 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB DDR2
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 767 MB

RAM: 2GB DDR3

Virtual Memory: 5GB (3.83GB available)

A:Computer crashes when I play a game

What brand/wattage PSU?

Post the temp and voltage readings from the BIOS.

Has the inside of the PC been cleaned lately?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-crashes-when-i-play-a-game-575489.html
Relevancy 70.09%

i keep getting error code
BCCode 1000000a
BCP1 000000004
BCP2 000000002
BCP4 804dc353
OSVer 5_1_2600
SP 2_0
Product 768_1
when ever i play pirates of the carabean on line
i have no viruses
my drivers are old but when i go to manufactuers site drivers dont work some times
i have no idea how to use memtest86 i went to the site and down loaded it i have no idea how to set it up or use it
for some reaseon i have no minidump files not sure were they went
lol
computer runs fine all day long only get error code when i play my game can any one tell me why please help

A:Computer crashes whenever I play a game

i keep getting these codes please help me

BCCode 1000000a 100000be
BCP1 000000004 F4002BD4
BCP2 000000002 632F1031
BCP4 804dc353 F7949d98
OSVer 5_1_2600 0000000A
SP 2_0
Product 768_1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-a-game.105845/
Relevancy 70.09%

When i go to play WoW (World of warcraft) i get on i lay for 10 minutes or so.... Then BAM! computer crashes making this weird sound, Then i turn it back on etc...

I have updated my graphics card, video card vista is up to date everything

System Specs: 1Gb RAM
2.2 GHZ processor
Nvidia GeForce Go 7600

I dont know why it is crashing iv put it into compatabilty with windows Xp etc... no luck

If u need anymore info please ask thx please help

A:Vista Crashes When i play a Game

You can try disabling "UAC control" which basically lets you run all your programs as admin...I stopped a lot of problems with games like this...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-crashes-when-i-play-a-game-169166.html
Relevancy 70.09%

When I enter into a game of League of Legends the Notebook completely crashes. Last night I performed a factory reset and the problem still occurs. Please help.

A:My Notebook crashes when I try and play a PC Game

It is a very "low spec" computer IntelŪ PentiumŪ 3825U with IntelŪ HD Graphics (1.9 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores) Not really made for games even something like LofL. Can you play a movie or watch a youtube for say 20 minutes?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Notebook-crashes-when-I-try-and-play-a-PC-Game/td-p/5835277
Relevancy 69.23%

Card details Geforce GTX M GB GDDR x Geforce GTX M GB GDDR The error I was getting before going to windows was quot Nividia GeForce GTX m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged quot This would happen and kick me out of a game and the fan speed would increase heavily I when play Laptop game crashes (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) a then after about minutes I would crash to blue screen I only got this error with Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) my GTX M and not one of the GTX M now it just hard crashes to blue screen Alright so my MSIGT which is years old has been having graphics issues for months I originally thought it was an over heating issue or a hardware issue but it appears to not be What I have tried I tried uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers for my m uninstalling with quot display driver uninstaller quot for a clean uninstall quot I have rolled back my drivers and updated them numerous times over the months I have tried three different graphics cards My M and two M I replaced my M with a M months ago which solved my problems completely so I thought it was a hardware problem But recently it started crashing so I started trouble shooting thinking it was damaged by the heat its been quite hot in the north east lately I eventually fried the card by trying Furmak GPU stress test to see what temperatures it was failing at or if the problem was something to do with VRAM seconds after starting it it fried the card So I messed that up pretty badly and got another M and this card is having the same problems as the last as soon as I installed it I doubt its a heating issue as my M idles at about c and I haven't seen it go past c when looking at it with GPUZ in a game The M idles at about c and has not gone past c either The laptop is completely free of dust and my gpu and cpu have fresh heat paste Im also using a laptop cooling stand high fan speed over a vent suction cooling thing for the side of the laptop When i'm using all of the cooling it does seem to make a difference It appears to last slightly longer than when I dont turn on any of the extra cooling but it still crashes when playing hearthstone or stardew valley games with a low load with full cooling on at what appears to be c- c Games it crashes on The laptop rarely crashes when playing league of legends it crashes about every third time I play hearthstone and crashes on every other game I have tried CSGO stardew valley Tera Rising Planetside Sometimes it crashes minutes into a game and sometimes an hour into a game Attached is my event viewer log it appears that before it crashes errors occur with my network card Thank you for your time and have a good day

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/59728-laptop-crashes-when-i-play-game-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi!

For spec. about my computer press the computer icon to the right of my name. The computer i'm having problems with now is "computer 2".

My problem is that everytime I play a game, regardless if I play on low resolution or high, my Graphic card crashes after 5-10 minutes.
I have a pritty bad Graphic card so I think that's why, but I wonder if it is maby a old or bad driver that causes the problem?

Is there anyway to change my graphic card to a better?
This is integrated to my motherboard so that's why it's so bad.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a GT 240 graphics card and im running windows 7 64 bit with a i3 2.93 GHz processor and 4 GB of ram. when i play a game like need for speed shift 2 the computer freezes up and the frame rate is really low to the point that it freezes for about 5 seconds at a time and gradually gets worse as the 3d game play continues. I have had the graphics card tested and there is nothing wrong with it. What is wrong with my computer???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-glitchs-crashes-when-i-play-a-game.991751/
Relevancy 69.23%

hey there, i've been having a problem with my games since i installed sanctum and their autoupdates for PC. when i played it for 5 mins or so, my screen would turn black and then it crashes my computer. after that, i tried playing my other games like tribes ascended, killing floor or starcraft 2 the same problem happened to me again. im not sure if its my graphic card or my computer overheating, i updated my drivers and i still have the problem.

my OS is windows xp
antiviruses: nod32
my video card is nvidia geforce GT 430
my directX is 9.0c

and i was told to check the temperature of my computer so i uploaded the pic from cpuid hardware monitor

can anybody help me?

Relevancy 68.37%

my computer crashes when i play a game and things like that. i think its the graphics card but i dont know what to do. i have a nvidia geforce 7400. please help

Relevancy 68.37%

Currently my computer has an Athlon II X CPU a Biostar G motherboard GB of RAM a TB HDD and an XFX video card Until just a few days ago the computer was stable After a within crashes play I game 0xc0000005 Error minutes) (any moderate MHZ CPU overclock however I haven't been able to play any games without crashes Every game I've tried has crashed to desktop after a few minutes of gameplay with the error code xc Also in the brief moments before these games crash I've noticed that loading times seem longer In Crysis Warhead once the loading bar reaches the screen goes black for about seconds I've already tried reseating the RAM and CPU and of course I rest the clock Error 0xc0000005 (any game I play crashes within minutes) speed to default after the first crash The RAM went through passes in Memtest without any errors and no HDD errors were detected in chkdsk either The computer also went through hours of OCCT without crashing I completely reinstalled Windows but the game crashes have persisted I've already had to return the graphics card to its manufacturer twice Only a month ago I bought a new motherboard and power supply to ensure that they wouldn't damage the video card This computer has really been more depressing and frustrating than it's worth If anyone has idea of how I might fix this I would appreciate it

A:Error 0xc0000005 (any game I play crashes within minutes)

Exception code 0xc0000005 = memory access violation. The cause could be a rogue driver or failing hardware.

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then run BSOD dump/ file collection app again - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & VistaRegards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/error-0xc0000005-any-game-i-play-crashes-within-minutes-559499.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Computer Crashes when ever trying to play a full screen video game.
I have tried updating Drivers, .net, Direct X, and Bios. have not fixed issue, i believe it may be hardware.
could i need a new video card or is it another problem?

Custom Build
Win XP x86 SP3
Mother board: ASUS M4N72-E
CPU: AMD Athalon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2 GHz
Ram: 2, Kingston 1GB DDR2-800MHz PC-6400
Graphics Card: nVidia Geforce 9800 GT, Made by XFX
Power Supply: Cool Max 700Watt

Attached are the mini dump files

A:Computer crashes when ever trying to play a full screen video game

come on people

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-ever-trying-to-play-a-full-screen-video-game.152420/
Relevancy 60.63%

OK When Ever I go start hotel giant but it Won't Let Me Create a new game
whenever i tried to do it it says HT has Stopped Working so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is not fair
first it said that hotel giant that it stopped working please help me this not fair

A:HELP!!!! Hotel Giant Crashes:Game Crashes to when creating new game

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ow-im-mad.html why haven't you responded to the thread you created first?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224438-help-hotel-giant-crashes-game-crashes-when-creating-new-game.html
Relevancy 56.76%

heres the side note on the game below

Note on Windows XP Compatibility for this title: The MIDI music option slows the game engine down considerably on Windows XP. It's recommended to use the CD-DA (full CD sound) music option so that the game plays at a normal speed.

is there any way i can set it up to keep the engine from slowing and not use the cd da,its a pretty old windows game and im sick of hearing my cd rom drive spin.its a cheap and therefor a loud one

thx for the help
should this have gone in the win xp section instead of the gaming section?

A:midi music option slows game engine down(slow game play) in windows xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/midi-music-option-slows-game-engine-down-slow-game-play-in-windows-xp.187952/
Relevancy 56.76%

King-war is a free multiplayer online strategy game that now i am playing. The game is available for web and client. http://www.king-war.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-free-online-strategy-game-play-both-in-web-and-client-anyone-ever-play.768014/
Relevancy 56.76%

I run Windows XP with P4 2.0 GHz and 256 of RAM, but when ever i play games online for a short time, my computer freezes. Also, when i play songs for say an hour or even less, the computer freezes. I don't know what is the problem. This happens at least twince in a day.

The other disgusting problem is that, at times, the computer goes off unceremonously whiles working. This also happens at least once in a day.

Buddies, i really need help to solve this problem.

A:My Computer Freezes when i play game online or play music

Sounds like a build up of heat, the most common cause of 'freezing' try running with the case side off and see if there is improvement, if there is you need to add more cooling, making sure your current fans are working properly and are clear of fluff and muck can improve cooling performance dramatically especially the CPU fan and heatsink.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-freezes-when-i-play-game-online-or-play-music-14185.html
Relevancy 56.76%

WHEN I GO INTO THE POGO.COM GAME ROOMS FOR SPADES AND DOMINOES, I CAN NOT SIT DOWN WITH THE PLAYERS TO PLAY THE GAME. I CLICK ON THE PLAYER ICON AND ALL I GET IS THE LEAVE SYMBOL ON THE PLAYER AND NO ENTRY TO THE TABLES. ACN SOMEONE HELP ME. I'LL TRIED REBOOTING, WITH NO HELP AND EVEN RAN A SECURITY CHECK FOR VIRUSES WITH MY NORTON SECURITY SCANS AND THAT DID NOT HELP EITHER. I AM ABLE TO PLAY WORD WOMP AND TUMBLE BEES AND OTHER GAMES BUT NOT THE SPADE AND DOMINOES. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. LOL
FOX JEN

A:when I entered game tables I click on a icon play and i still can't sit down to play

Ok, there are many many many threads of this forum relating to Pogo. I suggest you do a quick search of the forums and check if your problem has been solved already. I've never used this Pogo thingy before, so I can't give any other advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-entered-game-tables-i-click-on-a-icon-play-and-i-still-cant-sit-down-to-play.128218/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been having a problem playing games on my compaq pressario windows xp
files download correctly. The screen looks wierd and doesn't play the game correctly and
is very slow.The mouse also hangs up.I get a not responding message.
I just restored the computer with the disk for hp not to long ago.I haven't tryed to play
any games for a while.

Thanks

A:game downloads files fine but doesn't play game right.

What game do you have problems with? And where was it downloaded from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-downloads-files-fine-but-doesnt-play-game-right.672276/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay heres the thing and I really need some help here

My computer has had this problem for about four months now and I'm am fed up with it

Problem

My computer is able to run the internet, watch movies, type, etc etc no problem but when I try to play any of my games the trouble starts

It could be any game that I try to play such as low graphic games like *StarCraft, Galactic battlegrounds*

or the high graphics games *Homeworld 2, star wars galaxies*\

The thing is that after about 5-10 minutes of playing the game freezes and then quits back to the desktop.

I have tried everything to fix this from putting in new fans to reformatting the whole drive.

Please help me what could possibly be wrong with my computer?

-Delreon

A:Game quiting on me for no reason

Have you got the right drivers ?

I had a problem a bit similar, check if the fan of the video card works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-quiting-on-me-for-no-reason.236952/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm sure this is how the conversation went:

"Hey, let's make an MMO."

"What's the theme?"

"How about Conan? You know, Arnold back in the day?"

"Okay, but how are we going to make ours different than the rest?"

"I'VE GOT IT!! Blood! Tons and tons of blood! That's the thing everyone else is missing!"

Lame lame lame.

Relevancy 54.61%

About - months ago my uncle placed a GeForce GT video card It worked nice for when playing any game(besides browser crashes Computer game) games like Dekaron Rappelz Oblivion but just about a week ago it crashed on COD I thought it was normal but it happened on Left dead too I started to get worried and thought it was normal but then it kept on crashing Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) on Portal st stage at around - seconds on the timer and almost Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) any game i borrow from my friends It crashed on Warcraft Overlord Drift City only in Undercity Mission Im kinda worried now maybe you guys can help me It crashes and sometimes the sound loops but sometimes it doesnt Im not sure if it s only the monitor because some of my games cant be shut by using ALT F and i cant check if it shuts down well When i unplug plug and turn it on there are no warnings or things that say it recovered from an error It just starts normally Some people say i have to upgrade my Computer crashes when playing any game(besides browser game) Video card driver but im worried because when i installed a driver on my Laptop i couldnt turn it on SO WHAT DO I DO Specs Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz G of Ram Nvidia Geforce GT nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I've been haveing some trouble with either game crashes or full bluescreen error I WAS useing twin GeForce GTs in SLI I recently upgraded to a HD The problem did not change suggesting that video drivers are not the high any end crashes game 101 BSOD or game durring source Although altering the drivers with the GTs did seem to effect if the game crashed or full bluescreen crash So basicly the PC works fine untill I play a game BSOD 101 or game crashes durring any high end game high end and or minecraft simple games do not trigger it at that point you are on borrowed time Around - min into gameplay either the game will crash fatal error bug or no bug report OR the PC will freeze briefly followed by a blue screen BCCode Windows I did a simple RAM check but I did not leave it running for long I have sticks of GB in there and haveing removed one at a time did not effect the problem IE I BSOD 101 or game crashes durring any high end game took out each stick leaveing in for a quick and easy method BSOD 101 or game crashes durring any high end game to find a possable faulty RAM chip Thus far it would seem that the CPU in at haveing timeing issues with a core Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz Could it be overheating Everything seems to work fine untill I start a game then it crashes out roughly min into playing I'm consitering removeing the heat sink reapplying the thermal paste and checking if that has any effect This much I am qualified to do but is there a way to monitor processor heat levels durring gameplay I'm sure standard bios heat checks would not show problems If I can conferm a heat issue I can consiter purchaseing a new heat sink system Perhapse a liquid cooling kit would do the job I have heard of shutting down a core via BIOS but I've not found that in the pheonix bios menu I consiter this a final option but anyone with experience in this process provideing alittle insight would be helpfull If it is a faulty core setting affinity for a single program is unlikely to be sufficient Well I ramble on like I have a clue but I'm clearly over my head on this one Here are the diagnostic tool info files

A:BSOD 101 or game crashes durring any high end game

Can you please post this before we begin?: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281285-bsod-101-game-crashes-durring-any-high-end-game.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Good day everyone

I have windows 7 64bitOS

My DVD drive for some reason won't play DVD's anymore.
It does recognize and but it won't ope it.
Once i click to open DVD i get message

"This file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action.Please install program or create an association in the Default programs control panel.

I really can't figure out what is going on. I did some Google research but no luck.

Anyone knows what it could be?

Thank you

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys, i know it might be a stupid question to ask, but just wondering what are the common reason games crash half way in the game? For e.g., i tried to play a game which always crashes at the same place in the opening movie. However, when i try the exact same game on my friend's com, everything run ok though. I'm guessing the problem probably lies within my com, but not sure which part to blame. So, just thought maybe one of the suggested reasons might give me a hint of which part of my com went wrong ....Any helps appreciated, cheers.

Relevancy 54.18%

I'll keep this short and sweet because I know how busy you guys are I built a gaming computer from scratch there were a lot of problems even getting it working initially this time as compared to the last one I built custom streaming gaming, build, crashes, BSOD, crashes game that I had zero problems with ever I am getting a lot of BSOD's games freeze and crash movies freeze and crash and streaming does too In addition I am getting an error occasionally with the GPU that tells me it has timed out and reset the GPU I used the windows recommended fix for this and set the response timeout time to seconds since I have done so I have only seen this problem once I was wondering if I had too little power for my system but I have seen threads with similar problems custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes that have plenty of power I followed custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes the instructions to the best of my ability and you should find all of the information you have asked for below Please don't hesitate to ask for anything else you may need I truly appreciate what you guys are doing here for so many people OS - Windows Vista Windows Ultimate x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system W Ultimate x Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased auth key downloaded and mounted files to flash drive for install Age of system hardware less than months components purchased separately at the same time Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Original install on this hard drive Initial attempts to install the same OS to SSD failed and SSD was replaced with a standard SATA hard drive CPU AMD FX- Video Card MSI R GD T OC Radeon R MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop MSI A SLI KRAIT EDITION AMD CHIPSET Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop EVGA -B - -KR PLUS Bronze W ADDITIONAL INFO HD - Hitachi TB MB RPM SATA Gb s WIFI CARD - Mbps PCI -E WiFi wireless Card RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Memory White - GB Kit x GB - DDR MHz - installed in the slots that don't share the bandwidth - don't know a ton about this so forgive me if that doesn't make total sense System Manufacturer Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop custom built desktop mostly MSI components DRIVER VERIFIER - forced to reset computer to the restore point I was instructed to make before running it HD TEST - haven't run yet RAM TEST - haven't run yet ran windows memory test was never showed results after restart

A:custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes

IMO, the suggested fixes for the TDR timeout of the video card only conceals the problem - it doesn't fix it.If the card is timing out, then fixing the cause of the timeout is preferable (IMO) to just lengthening the timeout. Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuinePlease be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).And here's the analysis:Only 263 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Many more Live Kernel Events than BSOD events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.This is suggestive of a hardware problem (this isn't a 100% diagnosis - rather it's an increased likelihood of a hardware problem).Regardless, it's enough to suggest doing hardware diagnostics.  Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Out of 21 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD  (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlAMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems. NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013. Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program.Please note that I stated "video stuff", as some integrated processors may have the graphics chip built in (which may involve the chipse... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617823/custom-build-gaming-bsod-game-crashes-streaming-crashes/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just built this computer I installed all the drivers and everything else is working fine. But for some reason every sound is played sped up. AIM sounds, the windows start up sound EVERY sound is sped up. Same goes for video. I have never encountered any problem like this before. Any help would be great.

I have a Chaintech VNF4 Ultra Zenith Value Edition
An ATI X800PRO
I am using the sound drivers that came with the motherboard cd (realtek 97)

A:For some reason, all my audio and video are play sped up.

Try updating your chipset drivers and the realtek97 drivers. Watch the download speed though, if they go too fast the PC might get shot back in time! Other then that you might need an old priest and a young priest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/for-some-reason-all-my-audio-and-video-are-play-sped-up.36972/
Relevancy 53.75%

had a bad virus attack that took out windows defender and avira antivirus. i'm now using ad aware and windows firewall. if i even attempt to open windows defender or run avira i get the blue screen of death (vista 32 bit style). i can't run windows restore as it tells me there is a disk error and i've ran ckdsk /f and /r and no fix.
i'm confident that i will eventually get all the bugs worked out. the virus was 'malware defender'. i was able to remove it but as i said above, there's lots of fixing to do.
the one thing i'm stumped on is that now when i have my speakers on i'm getting bits and pieces of ads. like part of the ad for musinex and a few others. it seems to be random, there is nothing else running, it just plays out of the blue. anyone? help?

A:My Computer will randomly play ads through my speakers for no reason at all.

You are more than likely infected. problems running, updating AV programs is one sign of this. it will also stop you from most attempts to remove it or stop the problems it causes.
Go to malware removal forum and read the instructions.
good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-will-randomly-play-ads-through-my-speakers-for-no-reason-at-all.890778/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an HP Pavilion desktop PC with Windows XP Home SP3.

For the past several days, my wife has been experiencing an interesting problem. She enjoys playing some of the simpler PC games, like "Scrabble" and "Bejeweled" to name a couple.

While she is playing these games (any of them; they all do this), about every 20 minutes or so, the game will suddenly go black, then minimize from full-screen mode ("true" full-screen mode, not even the task bar shows on the screen during play), to the desktop. She then clicks on the game's tab in the task bar, and the game comes back up in "paused" mode, and she then must click the "resume game/play" button to continue.

I am trying to figure out what is causing this, and would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

A:Game Programs Minimizing For No Apparent Reason

I would take a look in Event Viewer for errors noted which approximate these nuisances.

My guess would be that these games may be 16-bit (I've play Bejeweled & Scrabble before but that was on Win 9x systems)...or there is simply file corruption in the games.

Or there is a problem with the video drivers and these games...in which case I would uninstall the current video drivers and then reinstall them.

Hard to say, but uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers won't hurt anything.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273168/game-programs-minimizing-for-no-apparent-reason/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok then i am going to try and give you all the information in the first thread so that you guys can help me Generally i can (no XP reason) crashes fix annoyances by searching forums but i have not found a topic close enough to this anywhere I am running P ghz DDR asus mobo radeon XT samsung combo cd burner pioneer dvd burner XP crashes (no reason) gig sata HD XP crashes (no reason) and gig ide HD soundblaster card OLD watt PSU thats the specs don't know if it will be needed but better to provide all now XP crashes (no reason) the actual problem I have recently been experiencing fatal crashes everytime i open up Excel or at least it seems to be mostly in effect at that point it has also happened when playing a movie from cd in my samsung combo drive never that i can think of when just browsing with most things its random but with excel it seems to be everytime i open a saved document just opening it seems to be fine but opening something with it anything macros or not it crashes now for once i decided to click send error report infact the times that it has just crashed i have always done this but microsoft SUCKs and cannot give me any useful information They say that they think it might be a device driver however i cannot see how a device driver could be called when opening an excel file they send me to the following page http oca microsoft com en Response asp SID now then i would REALLY appreciate any quick help as i need to do some assignments for uni in excel so yeah any help would be greatly appreciated Regards Ray

A:XP crashes (no reason)

no help so far ummm more information, i have uninstalled reinstalled excel 2003, didn't work uninstalled and installed excel 2002 didn't work.

i downloaded a memory checker memtest86.exe and let that run at startup... well tried to let it run. it hung at 11mins 8 secs both times, at test 7. just froze up i left it running the first time for a good 30 mins before i even looked at the screen so i assume that this is a very bad thing... either that or yeah my computer is fugged.

Regards
Ray

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-crashes-no-reason-16496.html
Relevancy 53.75%

for some strange unknown reason my pc keep crashing. ive no idea whats causin it. whats actually happenin is once booted the screen freezes, no input works, mouse or keyboard etc. this happens sometimes during boot, an at random times. longest its been up is 5h2m.

things ive tried-- removed graphics card, removed sound card, disconnected other IDE drives (HDD an DVD/cd), tried new psu, tried default ps/2 mouse any keyboard. tried takin ram out an swappin it around the slots.
apart from changin mobo an cpu ive run out of ideas.

anyone got any ideas?

oh yeh an its not a virus as ive even formatted an used 2 diff HDDs still same problem

A:PC crashes for no reason

Test the RAM with Memtest. Best to try this overnight, unless you expect a freeze within a few minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-for-no-reason.123878/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey

for some reason, when viewing certain sites, my IE will just crash. its weird, sites like the weathernetwork. I scanned my computer with a couple dif things, and no virus's.... i dont know what to do

thanks

A:HELP, IE crashes for no reason?!

Have you scanned for "Adware"? If not then download and run Spybot SD.
Post back after that. You may also need to download "Hijack this" and post your log under "security".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-ie-crashes-for-no-reason-23483.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i keep getting a message every once in a while the my sound device my not be functioning properly or is in use by another program after i restart my comp, and when i shut down my comp and turn it back on my audio files would play fine.And sometimes when i would be burning cds i would get a message that a cd/dvd drive cannot be found on the system hit F5 to refresh drive,which i did and it still would never work until i restarted my comp. but now seems its not working at all i think my sound device has been hi-jack or something someone pleaseeeee help.

EDIT - Now it seems like all my downloads are cutting off before they finish

A:4some reason my audio files wont play

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:07:39 PM, on 4/2/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
c:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1151551403\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\AIM Pro\aimpro.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Aol\aoltpspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IS CfgWiz] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID NIS /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1151551403\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AIMPro] "C:\Program Files\AIM\AIM Pro\aimpro.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Free Download Manager] C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\fdm.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4some-reason-my-audio-files-wont-play.557215/
Relevancy 53.32%

I dont get any sound when i play dvd;s but i can play mp3 files and any other type of media fine.

A:For some reason when i play dvd's through my media player i dont get any sound....

do you have the latest version of media player?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/for-some-reason-when-i-play-dvds-through-my-media-player-i-dont-get-any-sound.447658/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have no idea why this is happening. I was running W7 RC and Never once had a problem. I installed Pro 7 from scratch and have been having problems since. I am completely lost I have only enough time to read "page fault error" or something like that.

Any Help and direction is going to be awesome, as I have already turned to you guys for so many resources from you guys.

A:Bsod Crashes Also, No known reason

Quote: Originally Posted by B26ninspot

I have no idea why this is happening. I was running W7 RC and Never once had a problem. I installed Pro 7 from scratch and have been having problems since. I am completely lost I have only enough time to read "page fault error" or something like that.

Any Help and direction is going to be awesome, as I have already turned to you guys for so many resources from you guys.

These crashes are being caused by memory corruption. It was caused by either nero (which has problems in win 7) or your comodo firewall.

Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

I would
uninstall comodo and nero to see if it fixes the memory corruption
download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes
run a system file check
type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

let us know the results as you may have to re-run it

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder\021510-14445-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e4a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03087e50
Debug session time: Mon Feb 15 19:26:08.024 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:04.068
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffce802e7402b0, 1, fffff88001081840, 7}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdguard.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffce802e7402b0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001081840, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f20e0
ffffce802e7402b0

FAULTING_IP:
fltmgr!FltIsDirectory+0
fffff880`01081840 48895cff10 mov qwor... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63986-bsod-crashes-also-no-known-reason.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer has a problem that no System for crashes reason is beyond my ability to readily identify and I hope someone can me help figure System crashes for no reason it out The problem presents itself in two separate ways which I assume are related The computer will crash with a blue screen momentarily flashing that I am not fast enough to read and then the computer does a full reboot When the reboot is complete I get a window that says an error log was created and asks if I want to send an error report The second symptom is a lockup of what ever program I am working in and a window opens up stating there has been a system error and it asks me if I want to send and error report The failures occur when working with Word Excel Outlook Express and Internet Express Sample of error message BCCode a BCP ECF BCP BCP BCP DBC A OSVer SP Product The hardware is as follows MOTHERBOARD MSI P MAM with P M A chipset Intel CPU socket RAM Mushkin Basic Green pin MB DDR PC- CPU Intel P- GHz MHz FSB K L Cache OS Windows XP home edition It does not appear to be heat related since the air blowing form the cabinet is just above room temperature I have a ZALMAN CNPS A cooler fan with a large heat sink on the CPU as well as an added exhaust fan plus the power supply fan I can turn the system on and let it run for a day or two and have no problems and sometime it starts acting up after only a few minutes The problem appears more often when I try to do multiple things at once or do things quickly like close a window while saving a file etc There is also an ArrowMicro Card Reader SAMSUN GB IDE hard drive TOSHIBA X DVD RW optical drive and D-link Wireless Ethernet card installed Any suggestions on what I should do to try and isolate the problem or get more info to help troubleshoot this problem nbsp

A:System crashes for no reason

First likely thing would be to do a memory test. Get Memtest86 from www.memtest.org, (the floppy version, or an .iso to burn a self-booting CD) and run that for 6-7 cycles.
Try another memoryslot.
Take memory out and clean the contacts with an eraser to remove corrosion.
Be careful with static, earth yourself first on a radiator pipe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-crashes-for-no-reason.27928/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have BSOD crashes a couple of time a day. It doesnt matter what i start or when i do it. I have run memtest for a couple of hours and still nothing. Im becoming desperate since i cant seem to see to get a solution.

My info on the BSOD is.
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1053
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002E75B65
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD, Crashes without a reason.

Hi adakib welcome to SF

Please follow these steps and upload here your crash\bsod folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189219-bsod-crashes-without-reason.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings,

I seem to be having quite a few issues with BSOD's and i can't seem to figure out the reason.

The error i get most often is: 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I've attached the latest dumps.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Shadowcast

A:Multiple crashes with no reason

Hi Shadowcast!

There are different stop codes with different things were blamed including graphic card driver as well as directx. First thing to try is to re-install the graphic card driver. When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Update directX as well:
Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

Remove Kaspersky for testing purpose:
Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
Install MSE for testing, it is known for BSODs free:
Security Essentials Software Support | Microsoft Security Essentials

Run system file check and let us know the result please:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Looks like almost every dmp suggest memory access violation, please check for your RAM. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

BUGCHECK SUMMARY:

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800167d6f4}

Probably caused by : wanarp.sys ( wanarp!WanNdisReceivePackets+317 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff9600026605f, fffff88003a8e880, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+23605f )

---------
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002c8d8fb}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

---------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88001061494, fffff88002660ac0, 0}

Probably caused by : fltmgr.sys ( fltmgr!FltpCacheCreateNames+2a4 )

---------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88005175554, fffff88008036d58, fffff880080365c0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchSubmitCommand+204 )

---------
Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109479-multiple-crashes-no-reason.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everyone!
I'm a newbie to computers,so when I started getting these 'BSOD''s,I was a bit taken aback. My system is only 6 months old.
I've attached the dump files,but I have no clue why my system crashes. I'm pretty sure its virus -free.

Please help!

P.S-I had removed my laptop's battery once,and due to power cuts,my laptop was shut down while booting ( I've heard that's a bad thing) Is that the cause and if so,please give a solution! (These crashes have started happening since that one time)

A:Untimely System Crashes-Reason?

Networking errors - and I'd blame the lxu800m.sys driver for your Reliance USB modem
Please download a fresh copy of the Win7 drivers for this device from the manufacturer's website - DON'T USE Vista drivers!!!

Then uninstall the software for the device and remove the device.
Test for further BSOD's
If you don't get any, then install the freshly downloaded software and test for BSOD's again

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jul 6 03:25:47.151 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:52:35.946
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff80003656c10, fffffa800862bfd0, fffff80003656c10}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lxu800m.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lxu800m.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+536 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jul 2 15:04:12.154 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:07:08.074
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff80003602bd0, fffffa8007462fd0, fffff80003602bd0}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lxu800m.sys
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jun 30 07:35:48.455 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:30:01.374
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff8000360cee0, fffffa8005b11fd0, fffff8000360cee0}
Debug session time: Sat Jun 19 08:27:23.343 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:42:45.262
BugCheck C5, {0, 2, 0, fffff800035a411c}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+76c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
Debug session time: Thu Jun 3 07:12:06.144 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:11:57.064
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff80003600bd0, fffffa8008ac9fd0, fffff80003600bd0}
Debug session time: Wed Jun 2 01:27:17.770 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:49.689
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8003f7f420, fffffa8006e08fd0, fffffa8003f7f420}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+75b )
PROCESS_NAME: avgscana.exe
Debug session time: Fri May 28 07:10:41.241 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:45:12.161
BugCheck C5, {3000330051, 2, 0, fffff8000360c0bf}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+233 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95750-untimely-system-crashes-reason.html
Relevancy 52.46%

? OS - Windows 7
? x86 (32-bit)
? What was original installed OS on system?Windows Xp
? CPU - Celeron D 3.20Ghz
? Video Card - ATI Radeon Xpress 200

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-computer-for-no-sudden-reason-crashes-522526.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer has been crashing and debug errors on various programs reason crashes for no Computer apparent and my mozilla browser crashers as well as chrome I often get an error on plug-in container exe I never use IE as a browser unless a website requires it I have done the following Ran Spinrite Level This checks corrects hard drive errors both physical and otherwise if you are not familiar go to http www grc com sr spinrite Computer crashes for no apparent reason htm NO ERRORS FOUND Ran mtinst exe Memory Diagnostic Test NO ERRORS FOUND Therefore I'm considering virus malware etc I HAVE NO OTHER SYMPTOMATIC ISSUES I also run and keep updated spybot search and destroy as well as spyware blaster both free versions Computer crashes for no apparent reason When I ran the gmer exe the computer would crash before completing Ran it in safe mode as well Ran quot the if and only if quot routine as well same results DDS txt is below Attach zip without Ark text attached Please let me know if this problem is possibly virus malware related even if we do correct any issues currently on my system if any or if it could be something else I don't believe I have the original Windows OS discs available I do have SYSTEM RECOVERY DISCS Thanks dds txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Palm SDK bin novacomd x novacomd exe C Program Files Palm PDK tcprelay exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Saitek Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Creative Creative Media Lite CTZDetec exe C Program Files Creative Software Update SoftAuto exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C PROGRA RingCentral RingCentral Call Controller RCUI exe C PROGRA RingCentral RingCentral Call Controller RCHotKey exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Brownie BrStsWnd exe C Program Files Brownie Brnipmon exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my earthlink net mStart Page hxxp securityrespon... Read more

A:Computer crashes for no apparent reason

Hello crazydiamond,

Let's try another scanner.
Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.
Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-crashes-for-no-apparent-reason-522829.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone in our family has been suffering from a problem with our internet recently It hasn t always VERY Internet crashes for no reason? frequently been like this but I d say for the past half a year our internet goes down about every minutes for no Internet crashes VERY frequently for no reason? reason I ll be doing something like music production which requires no bandwith at all whatsoever and lose connection and all I do is sit there for a minute and it comes back on automatically What could this possibly be It happens even when I m the only one using the internet Its extremely frustrating and it makes it hard for me to do anything I have a Netgear CG WG router-modem hybrid and I m directly connected with an Ethernet cord I m using a dynamic IP and my ISP is RR The only strange thing i ve noticed is what comes up from a quick ipconfig all LAN NETWORKS It says they re all disconnected so they shouldn t be posing any type of threat but it makes no sense to me as to how those got there Other than that here are the only networks im connected to Can someone PLEASE help me RR has given no help to me and I don t know what else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everybody,

I've experienced a depressing barrage of BSOD on my new pc. There doesn't seem to be some immediate trigger or repoducible scenario (sometimes PC runs without problems for hours sometimes it crashes twice in a row).

WhoCrashed tells me it's probably a software driver bug but drivers are up to date as far as i can tell.

BSOD have included KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Page fault in non-paged area, system service exception...

A:System crashes for no apparent reason

You've receievd a couple of different types of crash, one being a 0x124 which is a genereic hardware failure STOP. There are a series of diagnostic and stress tests to try and pinpoint the piece of hardware but I'd like to address a couple of other issues first to see if the BSODs stop.

1: Your Huawei Modem, is it connected via USB? The driver is causing issues, check here for an updated version.

Code:
fffff803`82def028 fffff801`76e01aeaUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_juwwanecm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ew_juwwanecm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ew_juwwanecm.sys
ew_juwwanecm+0x1aea

0: kd> lmvm ew_juwwanecm
start end module name
fffff801`76e00000 fffff801`76e41000 ew_juwwanecm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ew_juwwanecm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_juwwanecm.sys
Image name: ew_juwwanecm.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jun 29 10:17:56 2013 (51CEA644)
CheckSum: 0003DA82
ImageSize: 00041000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

2: Your nVidia driver has also been flagged. Search here for the latest version for you card and follow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums for the cleanest possible install.

Code:
fffff803`82defa38 fffff801`7604d9a5Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x69a5

0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff801`76047000 fffff801`76a55000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 09 22:22:06 2015 (54B0548E)
CheckSum: 009D73FA
ImageSize: 00A0E000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

3: Uninstall DAEMONTools, a proven cause of countless BSODs.
1. Uninstall Daemon Tools via Add/Remove Programs.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and perform the following steps.
3. Double click the executable to open it.
4. Click the button shown below.

Information
If the button it is grayed out as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system and you can just close the window.
Perform the above steps and test the system for stability. In the event of any more BSODs please run the Log Collector tool again and attch the new logs in your next post.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66400-system-crashes-no-apparent-reason.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Lately my PC has started randomly crashing and hanging, and just doing nothing. I tried running a hardware startup scan before starting Windows and it did the same thing towards the end of the scan too...

Can anybody help to suggest a solution or a cause?
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385643-pc-randomly-crashes-hangs-no-reason.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m having a problem with Freedom Force It had been running Reason No Crashes Force for Freedom fine before but it was on a different machine then OK Maybe not quot fine quot It was a bit choppy but that was because it was an older less powerful processor As far as I can remember I played it a few times on the new Freedom Force Crashes for No Reason machine before this problem appeared Problem Summary I launch Freedom Force Manufacturer animations run The quot splash page quot comes up At this point I make my selection New Campaign Load Game Danger Room Characters Options etc I select Danger Room I now go through the process of setting up a Danger Room scenario I select mode map heroes to and opponents The scenario launches At the end of the scenario I click quot Back quot or Main Menu you get the idea This should take me back to a point where I can opt to play another scenario work on a character start a new campaign etc The game stops momentarily including the audio It seems like it s loading Freedom Force crashes - I m looking at my desktop NOTE I had an FX Plus GeForce FX AGP x x video card prior to the one listed below I bought and installed the new card because I thought that was the source of my problems At this time when the game crashed I received the following message DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in NVDD dll etc Basic System specs Windows SE AMD Athlon Processor MMX DNow GHz MB RAM DX c ATI Radeon Need more info Let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freedom-force-crashes-for-no-reason.481224/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have windows 10 and i cant play any steam games because either my computer crashes with a red screen/freezes or the game its self just exits.I am not over lock to my knowledge and when the computer crashes the temps seem to be fine. my specs are fx8350 and 7970.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/computer-crashes-red-screen-or-game-crashes-4603286/
Relevancy 52.46%

If any of you have a radeon card (might apply to nvidia cards too) and you have been experiencing random crashes to desktop / reboots / VPU Recover windows ...Go into you r bios and change the vid card core voltage to 1.7v, if 1.7 doesnt fucntion, use 1.8. That should fix 95% of all of you crashing problems.

I had tried everything to fix these crashes, formatting HD, reinstalling windows...I even bought a new power supply. None of it worked but since i switched to 1.7v I have had no problems in any games and no crashes at all. It was set to the default 1.64v unbeknownst to be.

Anyways if youve tried everything like me...give it a try I think that it will fix it.

A:A FIX for random game crashes and Vid Card crashes!

Ummmmmmmmm... I'm sceptical... I think voltages generally aren't meant to be messed with... if you do, just know that you may run the risk of frying your card...
...right??? not all cards run on the same voltage, and if it's supposed to run on something lower, it could get fried, right?? and then if it's supposed to run higher than that, MAYBE some bugs would get fixed, but wouldn't the card also run slower??

Which radeon card do you have anyway?

EDIT actually, it looks like the standard voltage for AGP cards is 1.5v... upping the voltage will (I believe) up performance a little, as well as heat generated. Too high a voltage, however, will result in BSODs and the like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-fix-for-random-game-crashes-and-vid-card-crashes.248369/
Relevancy 52.03%

First off I m a teenager to be exact I got a job babysitting and saved my pay for months to buy my laptop I write music on it Long story Irrelevant I have an HP Envy t the black one with the sliver keys and I was thrilled to bring it home even with windows pre installed Unfortunately since the day that I brought it home from best buy on November th it s well It s had BSOD screens from doing nothing HP support has deleted my recovery drive corrupted my windows store registry and messed up mute key It can t handle a simple task like streaming video from youtube without has crashes of reason?! and of no laptop tons errors New having a bluescreen error and crashing New laptop has tons of errors and crashes of no reason?! It freezes at random and I have to reset it and I never know it is up to date or if some of these errors are because of a driver incompatibility or something because HP support disabled auto updates the same time they deleted my registry Now as of today I can t go on youtube without the bluescreen Before it was just freezing Bad freezing but now it just crashes It really crushes me to know I spent for this I LOVE my laptop when it works it s something I am proud to own but if it keeps this up I don t know how much longer I will have it I have virus protection It is set to defragment every days I don t pirate music or software I actually pay for it I scan it I don t run more than - things at a time so the ram never reaches over but somehow my disk lingers at constantly This is all very frustrating because I bought my pc because of its speed and stats but ever time it crashes it gets slower and slower and I just want to know if there is anything I can do Please Ive only had it months played games on it watched youtube and composed music on it What s wrong with my laptop PC Stats GB RAM ghz turbo ghz NVIDIA GeForce GB dedicated card TB SSHD Touch screen Backlit keyboard nbsp

A:New laptop has tons of errors and crashes of no reason?!

how did HP do all these things ?
Has it been returned to HP for repair ?
Whats the exact model - should be on a label on the laptop - also there may be a service tag number
Unfortunately, since the day that I brought it home from best buy on November 8th, 2015 it's... well.Click to expand...

This was from day1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-has-tons-of-errors-and-crashes-of-no-reason.1168187/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys, first off thanks for any help in advance. Much appreciated.

I have searched through forum after forum and am at a loss. This Dump files seem to be different every time. I have uninstalled Avast so there is no virus software installed. I ram memtest86 and let it run for 9 passes and no errors. I downloaded the western digital diagnosis tool and did a full test and no errors. I was using onboard video and was getting crashes, now disabled that and installed a GeForce video card and still getting crashes. I ran the amazing diagnostic tool collector on your site and have attached it. (Thanks to whoever made that, its incredible!)
Seven Forums.zip

A:BSOD random crashes, no rhyme or reason

For christ sake !!!!

What are you trying to do..... Your system is almost 8 years old... and to top that you are running windows 7 RC1 .....which is again 4 years old...

The only available drivers are for Windows XP

I really admire you courage !!!

Based on the dump files, all the BSOD's have memory corruption issue or page file issue......

I seriously dont know what else to say either go back to XP or buy a new computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246659-bsod-random-crashes-no-rhyme-reason.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer Crashes at least once a day most of the time more it just out of the blue reboots for no apparent reason or following any pattern This is a copy of the Windows Text file after the crash they all seem to be the same The system has recovered from a serious error Server watson microsoft com UI LCID Flags Brand WINDOWS TitleName Microsoft Windows DigPidRegPath HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion DigitalProductId ErrorText A log of this error has been created HeaderText The system has recovered from a serious error Stage URL Stage URL dw bluetwo asp BCCode a amp For Apparent System No Crashes Reason. Constant Xp Pro BCP F amp BCP amp BCP amp BCP E amp OSVer amp SP amp Product DataFiles C DOCUME PmA LOCALS Temp WER bf dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME PmA LOCALS Temp WER bf dir sysdata xml ErrorSubPath blue DirectoryDelete C DOCUME PmA LOCALS Temp WER bf dir This has been my first attempt at building a computer but it has never worked right After I purchased the Mother Board and Windows XP Pro O E M I Read some bad reviews about the board Unfortunately Windows is tied to this Mother Board Any way the computer has an AMD Socket Athlon X Dual Core Processor an ATI Pure Cross Fire Advantage PC-A RD Adv Mother Board a Sapphire MB X GT Video Card with a shadow card in the second slot don t need two GB of memory can t remember the brand but it was not anything fancy two DVD Burners one Sony one HP a five in one slot card reader two case mounted USB ports with one Fire Wire port still not connected All Hard Ware Xp Pro Constant System Crashes For No Apparent Reason. has the latest updated drivers that are available I decided to include everything because I am all most completely convinced I have some sort of hard ware problem I have tried everything I can think of as this is a reoccurring and annoying problem I have switched out the memory changed hard drives reformatted the hard drive and preformed a clean install of Windows more times than I can remember at least I unhooked all of the USB and Fire Wire cables and switched DVD players As far as software goes I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is pretty much the only program that has been reinstalled through all the formatting etc Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Chris

A:Xp Pro Constant System Crashes For No Apparent Reason.

Could you check the Event Viewer located in the Administrative Tools? Post the last 4 errors here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105925/xp-pro-constant-system-crashes-for-no-apparent-reason/
Relevancy 52.03%

Yeah so for WinXP log Crashes reason/error file no I was browsing the net and my OS just shut itself down and wouldn t restart It took times before things started working right again WinXP Crashes for no reason/error log file Then I got this message The system has recovered from serious error C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp WER tmp dir sysdata xml Can someone tell me what the hell just happened I also ran a new scan with AdAware Norton CW Shredder did a Windows update and updated SpyBot Doesn WinXP Crashes for no reason/error log file t look to me like anything is wrong but I m just double checking Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run mmtask c Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-crashes-for-no-reason-error-log-file.208388/
Relevancy 52.03%

Subject: Win XP SP 2 - Random System Crashes - Reason Unknown - Help!

Hello, ok I've performed 4 system wipes in two weeks so I doubt it's an OS problem. The problem is I can't catch the system error message. The computer restarts 10 seconds after the message comes up. From what I caught it said something about hardware and drivers. Later today I will compile and post all the logs and systems specs I can think of.

I've already begind a systemmatic removal of PCI and AGP cards.

So any particular logs you would want me to upload/post to the thread? Any recommended applications I should run to figure this out? MaverickUK, As you suggested I disabled the auto restart. Hope it helps. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Crud, more typos, noooo!

A:Win XP SP 2 - Radom System Crashes - Reason Unknown - HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp-2-radom-system-crashes-reason-unknown-help.604469/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a getting older computer and i m wondering if it s not warning/reason reboots w/o crashes system and often and finally giving up on me it has started rebooting without any seeming rhyme or reason -- and each time it restarts the disc check finds system crashes and reboots often and w/o warning/reason unhappy things at first i thought the crashes were because of system overload -- too many programs running and or tasks i was having it do all at once but this doesn t track seeing that i can have left the computer alone for hours - with no applications running - and it ll blip out and reboot all on its own more than once sometimes a few times in a row i know there isn t a virus i run norton and i also went digging just to be sure i also finally had it checked out they couldn t find anything specific i ve stripped about all i can think of from my start-up and have removed software i like but don t have to have trying to make it easier on the computer the crash doesn t give any warnings or errors my computer simply does a restart any ideas i m trying to nurse this computer along as far as possible as a new computer isn t exactly in the budget but i m starting to get the sneaking suspicion it won t be lasting me much longer thanks for any all thoughts-suggestions-comments nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok guys, here's the deal.
I bought the Windows 7, clean install disk, then like 2, or three days later, it freaking crashes.
Here's the 'symptoms':
1: The windows themselves start to lag.
2: The tool bar will freeze.
3: Sometimes; it won't shut off.
4: I try to boot and it says "Start startup repair, and won't boot into Windows.
I run the startup repair, and it fixes absolutely NOTHING! I had even called Microsoft, and was on the phone with them for like 2 hours.
All these people tell me to update drivers, but I downloaded a Windows 7 Compatibility program FROM Microsoft and it said that my laptop was ok. PLEASE HELP! (BTW all this other stuff about Reg Cleaners, etc, dnt work, so PLEASE don't tell me that.)

A:I Installed Windows 7, then for some reason it just randomly crashes.

Upload the dumps
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115073-i-installed-windows-7-then-some-reason-just-randomly-crashes.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just bought a nd computer and have networked the together using pci apparent Computer freezes crashes no and reason for ethernet cards and a cat crossover cable The network is fine At the same time of doing this i also decided to upgrade from Win st edition to Win Me as i was told Computer freezes and crashes for no apparent reason this OS was better for networking I am now epxeriencing major problems with my old computer It has started locking up for no apparent reason i cant even alt ctrl Computer freezes and crashes for no apparent reason del I have to reset the computer sometimes when i do this nothing happens the restart doesnt kick in so i have to completely disconnect from power take power lead out of back of computer I have noticed that my processor seems to be running at what i think is quite a high temperature c and there is a setting in the bios to shutdown when processor reaches a certain temp this at the moment is c I have also noticed that processor usage seems to be quite high when i run windows system monitor and set it to display kernel processor usage when i attempt to run windows media player processor usage is at What i would like to know is if it is normal for processor usage to be so high and also wether system monitor gives accurate results and what is the maximum temperature my processor can operate at without causing damage Sytem information Athlon ghz Thunderbird mb Sdram Geforce mx mb AGP graphics card Sounblaster PCI soundcard gb HDD gb HDD Cdrom Cdrw Windows ME nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Lately my computer has been crashing extremely often. Sometimes it'd crash the moment it booted up, other times it can go for a few minutes before it dies. Sometimes it runs just fine. I've scanned the computer for viruses and it turned out clean. I repaired and defragmenter the disks and registry as well, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I scanned with avast free antivirus and used avg tuneup for the defragmentation. I'm running windows xp professional service pack 3.

If there's anything else you need to know, please tell me, as I'm not familiar with how I should present my situation. Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Constant crashes for no apparent reason (windows xp)

Try opening the box and clean out the inside. Pay particular attention to the fan and surrounding area. Go to this site for complete instruction: How to clean a computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-constant-crashes-for-no-apparent-reason-windows-xp-626816.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I system abruptly so far. unrecoverable My shuts-off Had crashes 3 reason. for no Help! have a Pentium Ghz system built-up from an Intel D PERL desktop board This past week has been a nightmare I ve had to unrecoverable abrupt system shut-down crashes where I had to do a full C drive format repartition BIOS clear then reinstall Windows XP Professional and then all my programs one by painstaking one After days and nights I got it back to where was before Then it would lose the DVD-RW drive and SCSI Syjet GB removable harddrive I recently installed an Evercool WC- watercooler kit in it but have nt had any problems with until yesterday the same time the DVD drive would go dead and dissappear from My Computer the fans in the watercooler would stop Its pump and LCD screen would stay working however Weird I pulled the side panel off and jostled wiggled the Molex quot Y quot splitter power cables and everything returned to normal if I held the cables in certain positions by twisting them Must be an intermittant short or bad connection in one of the of them or both that out the power supply With this last sudden shut-down crash the motherboard s Help! My system abruptly shuts-off for no reason. Had 3 unrecoverable crashes so far. OEM utility program Active Monitor and the Intel Desktop Control Center stopped working correctly The one gave an error messege that my board had no sensors Did one of these crashes fry the board s on-board temp fan voltage sensors I arrived at the conclusion that the quot Y quot Molex cables need replacing I would appreciate any feedback from any of you I read similar postings and realize I m not the only one having this problem My Motherboard is still under warranty from Intel I just dread having to tear my system apart and be depressed computer-less while waiting for the replacement board to arrive nbsp

A:Help! My system abruptly shuts-off for no reason. Had 3 unrecoverable crashes so far.

do you think maybe it could be power related. is your power supply enough to handle everything you are running. maybe it is having shorts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-system-abruptly-shuts-off-for-no-reason-had-3-unrecoverable-crashes-so-far.21758/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Pentium Ghz system built-up from an Intel D PERL desktop board This past week has been a nightmare I ve had to unrecoverable abrupt system shut-down crashes where I had to do a full C drive format repartition BIOS clear then reinstall Windows XP Professional and then all my programs one by painstaking one After days and nights I got it back to where was before Then it would lose the DVD-RW drive and SCSI Syjet GB removable harddrive I recently installed an Evercool WC- watercooler kit in it but have nt had any problems with until yesterday the same time the DVD drive would go dead and dissappear from My Computer the fans in the watercooler would stop Its pump and LCD screen would stay working however Weird I pulled the side panel off and jostled wiggled the Molex quot Y quot splitter power cables and everything returned to normal if I held the cables in certain positions by twisting them Must Had unrecoverable no for 3 so system reason. crashes Help! shuts-off My far. abruptly be an intermittant short or bad connection in one of the of them or both that trips-out the power supply With this last sudden shut-down crash the motherboard s OEM utility program Active Monitor and the Intel Desktop Control Center stopped working correctly The one gave an error messege that my board had no sensors Did one of these crashes fry the board s on-board temp fan voltage sensors I arrived at the conclusion that the quot Y quot Molex cables need replacing I would appreciate any feedback from any of you I read similar postings and realize I m not the only one having this problem My Motherboard is still under warranty from Intel I just dread having to tear my system apart and be depressed computer-less while waiting for the replacement board to arrive nbsp

A:Help! My system abruptly shuts-off for no reason. Had 3 unrecoverable crashes so far.

Not only should you try and exchange your (probably fried) mobo, you should especially look into that powersupply that does not seem to have enough molex-connectors. Y-splitters are only for emergencies and they rarely fit properly (cheap throw-away item).
Check that the PSU meets the minimum requirements with about 30% at least to spare.
Two 12v rails are very desirable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-system-abruptly-shuts-off-for-no-reason-had-3-unrecoverable-crashes-so-far.21759/
Relevancy 51.6%

Well the titel explained it My computer just keeps on crashing while gaming or playing songs while Crashes, Computer No messages. No Solved: reason, error it Solved: Computer Crashes, No reason, No error messages. didn t crash till a week ago Actually my computer never crashed I didn t Solved: Computer Crashes, No reason, No error messages. install anything new didn t download anything new and i don t have torrent things on or something When i m playing warcraft or diablo it just lets me play for like minutes then just without a reason Blam stuck no sound no loading or anything This is my hijackthis log if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Solved: Computer Crashes, No reason, No error messages. Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe E Program Files Autodesk dsMax mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system msxct exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Hijack This hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Koppelingen O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run msxct msxct exe O - HKLM Run Jasvke C Program Files Nfyvigl Ejgms exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe quot WinStart O - HKCU Run CTSyncU exe quot C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Snelle start lnk E adobe Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xporteren naar Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Onderzoek - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted Zone http ny contentmatch net HKLM O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

I am a somewhat intermediate PC user so I am in need of some expert advice on how to fix my computer Here s the story I have a Gateway GM E with Vista Everything is standard except that we upgraded the memory card to an Nvidia GT when we bought it abt years ago and upgraded to a watt engine to power it My husband plays Civ - A LOT In my novice opinion I think the computer seems quot hot quot and that it can't crashes Random replicate, - BSOD reason no rhyme or doesn t function very smoothly after a long session He recently went on a spree and then we started getting random BSOD crashes However it didn Random BSOD crashes - can't replicate, no rhyme or reason t really happen in the game It usually happpens Random BSOD crashes - can't replicate, no rhyme or reason when you are just doing something simple like surfing the web Here s my troubleshooting path At first I thought it was just overheating - I thoroughly cleaned and it seemed to help for a couple weeks I though IE might be the issue so after trying to install updates and seeing no benefit I switched to Google Chrome Again seemed to help for a couple weeks Next I performed a memory check and the RAM appears to be in good working order performed the full process times in a row The BSOD errors seem to be more frequent now almost every time the computer is used and very random with no rhyme or reason Today I unplugged the video card in case that is making things worse I rolled the system back to the factory original basic video card Immediately after install I got another BSOD I am now running the CHKDSK command which seems to be coming up with nothing interesting either Only of the BSOD error codes that I have jotted down - the rest I haven t captured in time - Bad Poole Header - IQRL not less or equal I checked the event manager today and I am not sure what to look for Again the Error logs are all over the place - nothing matches or really repeats I would love any advice on what to look for and what steps to take to fix this issue Should I reinstall the OS Install more RAM Check the CPU somehow What else could be going on here From here I am feeling lost Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I need a new game to play on the pc
I like to play first-person online shooters like Counterstrike and Halo where I can pwn a number of people in a single server. hehe
I've been considering buying Day of Defeat: Source but wanna make sure i get my money's worth. Is DOD any good? If it is, should i get any other version (earlier like the original) instead?
Price is not a big concern.

Also is Left 4 Dead any good? I saw the gamebox, but it didn't look very good. plus, it only has 4 max internet server players i think

Relevancy 49.02%

I am want to start up a new game from my vast unopened game should play? I What collection of PC games For the nd time I was near the very end of Diablo amp lost everything long story I enjoy Diablo a lot Warcraft is kinda cool too The only other game that I have played start to finish was Empire Earth which was good enough to keep my attention Anyway could you guys recommend what I should play next from my list of games I am asking this question because I don t want to be disappointed again after going through the D disaster that I just went through SpellForce Kohan II Age of Mythology I have the Titan expansion What game should I play? with it Disciples II amp all the stand alone expansions Besieger Both Dungeon Seiges Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth Konung II Warrior Kings Warrior Kings Battle Seemed What game should I play? really cool but was VERY difficult Enclave IceWind Dale Sacred Rome Total War StarCraft I am ashamed to admit I can t figure out how to play this Baldur s Gate II Shadows amp Throne Myth II amp Myth III Prince of Kin Never WinterNights amp Shadows expansion is this Turnbased Arcanum Sacrifice Wizadry Civilization Warlords BattleCry Battle Realms That is the title Savage Lord of the Rings War of the Ring Armies of Exigo LionHeart Morrowind Doom I bought the zboard to go with it Dawn of War Gothic I amp II Apocolyptica Joan of Arc Beyond Divinity Etherlords II Celtic Kings Warlords IV Warlords BattleCry II Harbringer Vampire the Mascerade Age of Wonders I have a problem I think I am spending way to much money on video games Thanks in advance for your opinion s nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I installed Word Riot Deluxe and it will not play because it says my Flashplayer is 8 and it needs higher..however, I have Flashplayer 10 and it does not recognize it..What do I do???

A:Game won't play

reinstall flash?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-wont-play.781539/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, This is my first post, so hope it works.
I have recently installed a new hardrive on my pc with XP and after a few days i went to play a game and got this error : Age of Empires II Expansion has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This happend after i had launched the game, chose my settings but when i clicked start (my actual gameplay) got that message. This is also the case with every other game i try to play. Hope you can help. cheers

A:Cant play any game.

Welcome, try the reinstall it and see what happens. Not quite sure if it works, but give it a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-any-game.610662/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok here it is. I play the game Asheron's Call. As of late i can't get to the game b/c just as it is about to load the character list my screen goes black and the whole computer freezes up. I'm not real good when it comes to technical stuff so i don't know what to do. I've run my first aid program as well and it has come up with nothing. Any idea's on why it is doing this and how to remedy it? I would appreciate any and all help b/c i have to pay money to play it and have not been able to make good use of that money! Thanks and please help.

Angie C.

A:Trying to play game and can't! HELP!

Was the game working and then not. What have you changed on your system recently???

HERE is what microsoft says about it.

Apparently they want you to disable 3d acceleration

[Edited by brianF on 04-30-2001 at 04:19 PM]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-play-game-and-cant-help.43059/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have compaq n610c laptop, where i could not able to play 3d game, it will start with vedio & then it will hang the copmuter with background music,earlier i was playing all 3d game but now it not possible tell me solution for this.

A:i could not able to play 3d game

i could'nt play 3d game

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-could-not-able-to-play-3d-game.799637/
Relevancy 49.02%

Because it say D3DERR_NOTAVAILBLE

Relevancy 49.02%

I hope you can help i cannot play a game due to an error message saying:"unable to copy the driver file C:\Windows\dirdib.drv to your Windows directory.Your disk may be full"Any way of getting round this?Frog Hop gameLink above ^^^^any help would be much appreciated=)

A:Can't play a game

When you install or run the game, right-click the application and click "Run as administrator". This should give the program the appropriate permissions to copy a driver to the Windows directory.However, I personally would be leery of a game that wants to install/copy a driver to the Windows directory. But, if you want to, that is how to do it (right-click > run as admin).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303601/cant-play-a-game/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a Toshiba satellite laptop which replaced my HP that died. The problem is my IL2 Sturmovik forgotten battles won't play. It loads no problem but when you click play the next icon(shows a russian plan) appears the screen flicks and thats it. Lookin for some help ta get me off the ground!

A:game won't play

Wooh, russian! xD Just kidding, im from russia.
Anyways I dont really understand, do you crash do your desktop or what?
Do you get any error messages?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/223625-game-wont-play.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone, hope you're all well.

My first post here - and I'm getting ticked off with my PC. I hope you can help.

Whenever I try to play a game on my PC, it crashes - causing the PC to restart itself. It does this within minutes of the game loading. It dosn't do it in any other applications, it only does it when I try to play on a game.

Examples being: Championship Manager, Grim Fandango, Age of Empires.

I'll be in the middle of the game, and my PC just restarts. Sometimes, it gives me a blue screen of death.

When the PC has booted back up, the following notifcation is shown:

Blah blah windows has recoverd from a serious error:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091207-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME1\Jody\LOCALS1\TEMP\WER7.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I'm stumped.

I'd be grateful for any advice you might have.

Many thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, whenever I try to play my game, I get this error message saying;
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I have been able to play and complete the game before and I am in my Computer Administrator account.
Any help would be really helpful.

Relevancy 49.02%

I loaded Garfield Spelling for my son It seems that it did in fact load I have it showing in the computer programs and I have an icon on my desktop When I click on it my screen goes white then mostly black while showing some not game. play Can of the desk top And I get a message Maestrolearning exe has problem needs to shut down since Can not play game. then I have deleted a lot off my computer and did multiple cleansings of the c drive and defragmentied Added malware ran and deleted some ad ware don t know what that is that was said to be infected I have done so much that somewhere along the way the pic of my kids I bought off snapfish for my Hy resolution background has disappeared do you know how I can get that back I am pretty darn sure I have everthing this game needs but I don t know anything about computers game requires win me xp -I have xp Pentium or better mb ram -my tower says pentium III and I think I have about of the mb things cd rom adn sound card --I watch movies so I know I have it mb hard drive space -pretty sure I have that how do I check quicktime or better - I have the Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated What do I need to know before buying games in the future nbsp

A:Can not play game.

Malware are a type of trojan that harms your computer. Try using AVG or any other Anti-Virus Programs YOU TRUST. Malware may also infect your computer with pop-ups,un-needed advertisements,etc. Did you try re-installing the program? If you did, close any programs including anti-virus programs or other programs that could interfere the game. I really hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-play-game.846957/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello

I have just purchased Fire warrior for PC. I have downloaded the whole thing. When I go to play on it, it comes up with a box saying there was an error and saying if I wanted to send an error report. I cannot play the game at all. Before I played the game, it came up with a box saying there were some patches I needed to download. Could this have caused the problem?

I am running on windows xp.

Thx

A:Game won't play

Apply any game patches that are available and make sure that you have the latest Video card driver installed and that you have an approved video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-wont-play.428717/
Relevancy 49.02%

You guys help me. I wanna set optimal setting for my VGA with catalyst control center version 8.861.
My VGA is Asus EAH5670 and this is my computer's configuration
Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
Processorentinium Dual-core E6600 3.1 hz
Memory: 2G ram Device: VGA Asus EAH5670 1G
Please help me! and when I play some game like: GTA IV, Mass effect..... It's always lag (maybe decreased fps). So can you show me how to fix it and set my VGA. Thank you!

A:I need some help about my VGA to play game

http://www.productwiki.com/asus-eah5670/
The Pros:Strong cooling performance and power efficient. Dust-proof fan, prevents the built up of dust. Compact and low power required, makes a good option for an HTPC.

The Cons:128-bit memory bus can hinder performance. Incapable of handing intensive or newer game titles.

The Asus EAH5670 is a mid-range graphics card aimed at casual gamers and people who want to take the graphics processing load away from on-board video support. While the performance is adequate for most common tasks, higher end applications and games will slow down quite a bit. Click to expand...

Get a better card if you have the money. Otherwise, you'll just have to live with the performance issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-some-help-about-my-vga-to-play-game.1050073/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hiya,

Whenever I try to play any game, say Quake 2, Balls of Steel, my mouse stops working, the resolution goes to 640 X 480 256 colors. I have attached the Direct X report and the Diagnostic Report of my graphic card. itz Intel 810E, I have Dirext X 9.b and the latest chipset drivers installed.
Ny one with some good ones?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-any-game.252350/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
How do I tell the Frames per Second when I am playing a game? Is there a program I need to get? What do sites like Tom's Hardware and 3dguru use? Thanks

Also, what are some good benchmarking tests for video cards (such as 3dmark)? Thanks

A:How do I tell the FPS when I play a game?

download FRAPS. in addition to keeping your framerate going unobtrusively in a corner of your window, you can also assign a key for screen-captures.

http://www.fraps.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-tell-the-fps-when-i-play-a-game.487356/
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope I m in the right place for this plea for help I have XP and last Friday :-( play game more my can't I any the power supply on my PC died A technician came out and replaced it He also convinced me that I needed a bigger memory card from two hundred and I can't play my game any more :-( something to five hundred and something I I can't play my game any more :-( figured that while he had the box open I d ask him about my CD player which has been refusing to work for ages and needless to say he also installed a new DVD burner Ever since then I haven t been able to access the interactive Sudoku game that I am addicted to On the webpage I press the link for the game but the next screen only shows the small box at the top and no game I suppose some setting has been changed but I ve no idea what It s been almost a I can't play my game any more :-( week and I really need to play that game Where is the embarrassed smilie Please someone help me http www life com Life nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all when I try to play a well known game World Of Warcraft When game... to a try well play known I it pops up saying that my account has been locked After calling Blizzard they told me from their end my account WASNT locked and that I needed to download a more up to date spyware So I ve downloaded a good bit all day about hours worth I m not a genius When I try to play a well known game... at all when it comes to computers but this is what I ve got Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskhost exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Gizmo gizmo exeC Users Cindy AppData Local Apps T LNM Z G V AQEKEC Q curs tion eee a b d e e CurseClient exeC Users Cindy AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Cindy AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Cindy AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft When I try to play a well known game... Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft When I try to play a well known game... Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Cindy AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot cO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Run GizmoDriveDelegate RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA GIZMO GDRIVE DLL Remount Startup ImagesO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKU... Read more

A:When I try to play a well known game...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347489/when-i-try-to-play-a-well-known-game/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I first installed and tried to play hell gate london i got the missing direct 9 error.(d3dx9_34.dll). Then i installed crysis warhead it worked fine. Then i read soemwhere on backward compatibility mode. So i tried it and viola Hellgate london ran like a breeze. well a little slow but it ran. the next time i ended all the useless process using task manager and then ran the game. This time there was no lag. The third time i tried the screen went black and i got an uploading error, when i minimized, I re installed the game and tried to run it without turning on backward compatibility mode. I got the black screen again and te uploading error. Please help.

A:Help cant play my game

d3dx9_34.dll - is a missing directx file.

you can get it here
DLL-files.com - d3dx9_34.dll, free download

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/235058-help-cant-play-my-game.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Somebody Help Me!! When i insert my Marc Ecko's Getting Up DVD-Rom game in the DVD-Rom drive it doesnt automatically read it..so i go to My Computer..and when i try to run setup... an error saying: D\:setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application. What does that mean or what do i have to do? By the way my operating system is Windows XP SP2..Thankz

A:Cant Play DVD-Rom game

try the cd in a different computer..if it won't load...its the cd thats bad..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-dvd-rom-game.579241/
Relevancy 49.02%

So i have been playing Warhammer 40k up until just about 2 days ago when the game stopped working. When i click on the shortcut to the game i can see and here the computer start to run and i see the disk start spinning on my desktop but the game never starts. i have tried takin the disk out and putting it back in and clicking "play game" from the game menu but the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance.

A:My PC game won't play

Ok so there are a few things you should try to get your game working properly again.
-uninstall and reinstall to the game to remove and replace the registry files (one may have been corrupted).
-update your display driver
-update your audio driver
-Make sure you have enough RAM
-Defrag your computer and check for spyware and viruses
-See if there is a noCD patch for the game
-Try a system restore point (maybe an update corrupted a windows file)

Hopefully one of those things will help you out. If not just post back here and we will try something else

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-game-wont-play.717246/
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed the game but when i tried to play it it said the game needed H&L stencil support.

I have a

HP COMPAQ SR5707UK

Intel Celeron E1400 / 2 GHz

Ram
2 GB / 4 GB (max) DDR2 SDRAM 800 MHz PC2-6400 DIMM 240-pin
1 x 320 GB hardrive

Intel GMA 3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

This is a lot of gibberish to me

Can someone please help me

A:I can't play my D-Day game

You may have to think about buying a graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-play-my-d-day-game.897635/