Windows Support Forum

'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

Q: 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

Hey all new here Hoping for some advice Last night I was playing my games when suddenly my Bigfoot Network Adapter crashed I rebooted thrice attempting to have it come back to no avail I began using my Wireless adapter in its place The next morning I booted up to find that the Bigfoot Network Adapter had come back but with an issue My computer is showing that it is connected to the network and I can read all network computers and access copy write files to other systems on the network The issue is I have no internet on my computer I have tried booting multiple games with them crashing they never crashed as such before even with Internet' 'Access type: Internet no but no internet and tried even booting Skype which crashed when attempting to connect to the internet I m afraid I ve done some tweaking that I shouldn t have considering I was attempting to run my game with lowest ping But I ve only used installable proxy programmed such as SmoothPing and FixMyLag Any help would be appreciated Please PC Specs Intel Core i GHz GB Corsair Vengeance GB Vertex SSD Windows Ultimate SP If there s anything I ve missed do tell New to this fixing 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet stuff Cj nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

Have you reinstalled your WLAN drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-type-internet-but-no-internet.194794/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi With Error:Access Triangle Up Type Dial Yellow No Internet ICS Access i am a newbie when it comes to Windows networking particularly Internet Connection Sharing ICS Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle A week ago i turned my Win HP Laptop into wireless router which is on EVDO G dial up using the windows ICS to connect my second Win Dell laptop which was successful Unfortunately i ran out of data and now that i have recharged my Evdo Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle G dial up modem hoping to continue browsing on both laptops the Dell laptop which in this case is the client is showing connection signal but each time i tried to connect this error will come up- Access type No Internet access along with the dreaded yellow triangle alert on the system tray Although when i plug the modem directly to the Dell laptop it does browse smoothly I have Google and read almost everything concerning this online including this forum but i have not come across a solution that is peculiar to mine Please what can i do to resolve this challenge PS I have disabled both Windows firewall and AVG still the lack of connection still remains

A:Dial Up ICS Error:Access Type No Internet Access With Yellow Triangle

Please someone should try to assist and if i need to offer more information let me know.
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262466-dial-up-ics-error-access-type-no-internet-access-yellow-triangle.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I must say I find win much more obscure in its new UI as to what it is doing than XP or Linux My problem is that the wireless connection icon on the status bar keep getting a yellow warning triangle - no internet access - and the same happens in the perplexing network and sharing center display This is intermittent and driving me nuts The problem in on a new Acer Aspire It connects happily to my Draytek DSL wireless router but says there is no connection to the network I have a Dell laptop running XP and this connects and perfectly - but the Acer keeps going up and down When down I can't ping anything when up it is pinging So what is this darn quot Internet intermittent type: Internet No - Access Access Access quot thing in the Network and Sharing screen - what does it mean It shows Access type: No Internet Access - intermittent good connection to the wireless router but not good connection to the internet FYI I have automatic DHCP and automatic DNS selected in the IPv configurations The fact that the Dell unit runs perfectly says to me that the router is setup correctly as it has been for years - but there must be something odd in the Acer's configuration Oh and if I make a wired connection to the Draytek router same auto for DHCP and DNS then this works solidly

A:Access type: No Internet Access - intermittent

Hi, Check your firewall and see if its set on, if it is pop it off, and try connecting again.

If this dosent work, then post a screenie.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184994-access-type-no-internet-access-intermittent.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey everyone I believe I have a virus on my desktop Dell PC I m running windows XP media center edition service pack with internet explorer for my web browser It all started weeks ago while browsing themeforest searching for a is No access type some of a and jacked... security internet essentials virus Seems rootkit like new theme Website template I was viewing a demo and a window came up asking permission to open or run something that I thought was legit didn t pay any attention to No internet access and security essentials is jacked... Seems like some type of a rootkit virus it and granted access Got some pop-ups so I immediately shutdown the PC No internet access and security essentials is jacked... Seems like some type of a rootkit virus manualy and realized I had just screwed the pooch I then tried running microsoft security essentials Unfortunately not in safe mode and the Quick scan results said clean However internet was still down I shut it down and went to work started the pc up later that evening No internet access and security essentials is jacked... Seems like some type of a rootkit virus only to find out that I couldn t get on the internet and security essentials was down and instead of green was all in red stating something about it not being turned on Tried running security essentials and couldn t Downloaded Norman malware cleaner on a jump drive and copied it to my desktop ran that and it found some malicious objects After re-starting the PC same thing Tried deleting security essentials in add remove programs couldn t Ended up manually removing security essentials through microsofts help page only removed partial still see it in security center says virus protection is on Also my firewall has been off and wont turn on Tried running a cleaner from microsoft and a couple others that seemed to not detect anything and finally weeks later just ran Norman again and came here Norman found malicious objects which were C System Volume Information restore EDF B - - DDD-A FD-EC F F RP A msi Archive infected C System Volume Information restore EDF B - - DDD-A FD-EC F F RP A msi Archive infected C System Volume Information restore EDF B - - DDD-A FD-EC F F RP A MSI Archive infected However in the results it didn t clean or quarantine any Rootkit virus pro person please help Kind regards Dave

A:No internet access and security essentials is jacked... Seems like some type of a rootkit virus

Last but not least, I already did a few system restores a couple weeks back when I first got the virus and was successful restoring to a few days previous to a week previous and that didn't resolve the issue. Tried doing system restore several times yesterday and it fails...

-Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454321/no-internet-access-and-security-essentials-is-jacked-seems-like-some-type-of-a-rootkit-virus/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello assistance connection" Windows storm) type: Solved: "internet req. internet gateway(packet xp I have my desktop pc configured with a static ip of my gateway is this is my com ethernet card tcp ip properties However i just noticed in the quot internet connection quot window i notice one connection called the quot Internet Gateway quot connection the thing that concerns me about this connection is that it is constantly sending and receiving packets im up to billion packets received so far I selected Solved: Windows xp "internet connection" type: internet gateway(packet storm) req. assistance the quot show icon in notification area quot and its constantly sending and receiving packets literally non-stop both sending and receiving no matter what However my LAN connection is not i typically see the send and recieve lights for this one only light up as i load a new Solved: Windows xp "internet connection" type: internet gateway(packet storm) req. assistance web page etc I have quot show icon in notification area quot selected for both Solved: Windows xp "internet connection" type: internet gateway(packet storm) req. assistance connections I have no wireless card on my desktop and only one nic Can anyone help to explain if i disable this connection it restarts by itself after seconds or so and why its constantly sending and receiving packets these two connections are name internet connection type internet gateway status connected firewalled firewalled device name internet connection name HomeNet type LAN High speed internet status connected firewalled firewalled device name Com EtherLink nbsp

A:Solved: Windows xp "internet connection" type: internet gateway(packet storm) req. assistance

In your network connections window "local area connection" is for your local network, meaning the physical device in your computer that processes the data from the Ethernet cord that is plugged into. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the internet, though it is the device you probably have your Ethernet cable from your router or modem plugged into. "internet gateway" is an icon showing that your computer is directly connected to the internet (or connected to it through a router) and represents your computers connection to the internet. both icons are normal, if you unplug your computers Ethernet cord the 3com will switch to "network cable unplugged" and the internet gateway will disappear. the 3com local area connection icon doesn't disappear because the device is still physically installed in the computer. But once the internet is gone, the internet gateway fades out or disappears completely, because it only represents the computers "internet connection." Even when you are not actively browsing websites, the computer is still connected to the internet, and thats why it constantly sends and receives packets. if its sending and receiving way too many packets, thats kind of a different issue. but those packets are indeed data sent and received from your computer to the internet and back. I hope this helps.

your description really makes it hard to tell if the amount of packets sent and received is excessive, because we don't really know how much downloading you are doing, or what internet capable programs besides internet explorer you may have running at any given time.

it's creation is usually the result of having the ICS features enabled, if it helps, there is more information about it here....

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/internetgateway.htm
if you know you dont need it on the pc in question, then you can try:

go to Start
Control Panel
Ad/remove Programs
Ad/remove Windows Components
go to Network Services
Uncheck "Internet Gateway"
and finish by pressing OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-internet-connection-type-internet-gateway-packet-storm-req-assistance.696096/
Relevancy 62.35%

I use Windows professional when I start it up and log in either my network connection will say quot no internet connection quot and display two networks using the same adapter connection or quot internet access quot with the same display In either case I do not in fact have internet access I checked the adapter this last time and it said IPv was disabled I went into the settings and verified that it was lying to me about that too because IPv was in fact enabled Every ping in command prompt times out no browser will load so much as google com Nothing internet related shows and no Computer connections access, two internet internet access has works at all I open the Computer shows two connections and internet access, has no internet access troubleshooter and it says it quot verified quot Computer shows two connections and internet access, has no internet access that I am able to access some websites and could not detect a problem Even when its own display says quot no internet access quot For a while I was running ComboFix every time I booted up because that seemed to fix it for that session Then I discovered that simply disabling and then enabling the adapter fixes it for that particular session as well and that was probably why combofix worked I know it s not the hardware because it works flawlessly in safemode and on my linux partition and I know it s not my internet because the other two computers and my phone all connect and work flawlessly on the same connection I don t have a Virtual Network so that can t be it either I m getting more frustrated by the day Please help Here s the result if ipconfig all while it s working if that helps at all Host Name Thor Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List PK Z Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix PK Z Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - A-CD- -AF-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ea d d aa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -FF- - - -C -D -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - -C -D -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ab a e a Deprecated Autoconfiguration IPv Address Tentative Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap PK Z Connection-specific DNS Suffix PK Z Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab f b c bc e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f b c bc e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E B F-AD - EE-AFE -A C E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Computer shows two connections and internet access, has no internet access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shows-two-connections-and-internet-access-has-no-internet-access.1097168/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi to All,
I have 2003 server and one of the client m/c is XP install. Now From clint i.e XP m/c i can't access the internet from Mozila Firefox but it access from internet explorer old version. When i opon mozila and new site name is typed then it will redirected to Google page. Some time it's see CERTIFICATION expire. For virus also i install AVAST and scan it.after that old version works but new version does not. Plz help me as early as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Manas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-access-from-old-browser-but-from-mozila-chromo-internet-not-access-508340.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When my computer says Internet Access, I am having trouble browsing.
Most pages do not load.
Right now, It says no internet access for over 15 minutes and I am able to brose so much better and still going on downloading around 400 kb/s.
How can this be? Why would it be?

(I am on a wired connection from a cable internet with NetGear CGD24G Cable Modem (I don't think it is a wireless router). There is wireless connection on the modem, but I am on a wired connection, and I am posting this while it still says no internet access).

A:Internet Access = Can't browse / No Internet Access = Nice Browsing ??

Hello,

Verify that your browser is not using any Proxy servers. Remove the setting if found.
How to Remove a Proxy Server | eHow.com

Make sure that 'Obtain DNS Server Address Auto' is enabled on both LAN and Wireless settings.
Change TCP/IP settings

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172659-internet-access-cant-browse-no-internet-access-nice-browsing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have access, and fine Win7 to iOS New blocks Internet router linux Internet the ONLY connect a new router connected to my internet from FIOS I was sick of the ActionTec router requiring a reboot every few days in order to get it to hand out ip addresses again so I purchased a Ubiquiti New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine edgmax router After changing the MAC address of the router to match the MAC address of the actiontec router I was able to get it functioning Sadly that's when the weirdness began I am able to connect to the internet fine on almost all my devices New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine I have two Roku streaming media players and an Ooma Ip phone box that connect to the internet fine with the new router All my New router blocks ONLY Win7 Internet access, linux and iOS connect to the Internet fine iOS devices connect fine to the internet I have a dual boot desktop connected via Ethernet and when I boot to Linux it connects to the internet fine If I reboot to Win same exact hardware there is no internet connection I can see the other devices in the network map I see the Brother printer and the Roku boxes that are on this side of the firewall but Internet access past the firewall is not available red X between router and Internet I have done a virus scan using both MalwareBytes and AVG in safe mode and there are no virus found by either I can reconnect the crappy Actiontec router and everything is fine I also tried bringing the router wifi access point and Win laptop that was NOT connecting to the internet at my home to my office and connected it all here and it works fine WTF To say that I am frustrated would be an understatement I tried contacting Ubiquiti tech support they are unable to help me I spoke with Verizon Tech support but they do not have networking competent people available and simply told me that using a non-actiontec router will not work and is not supported That is not true because it works fine EXCEPT for Win machines What does Windows do to decide if there is an internet connection Why is Win the ONLY thing that fails in my new network

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a22c794-61b0-4eb2-80b8-586bf2886367/new-router-blocks-only-win7-internet-access-linux-and-ios-connect-to-the-internet-fine?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 59.77%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2551 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 45473 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30AD
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hello,

I am using a program called Currports to monitor my ports and internet connections. I use Zonealarm Firewall as my firewall. Currports keeps asking to access the internet, and I keep denying it access because I don't see why this program would need to access the internet. Should I be allowing it to access the internet? Is there a valid reason why this type of program would need to access the internet? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

A:Solved: Should Port/Internet Connection monitoring program access internet?

Does not allowing it to access the Internet affect the information it gives you? Are you satisfied with the results? If all is well, I'd say you don't have to allow it. I personally use the program and I have no problem with letting it access the Internet. I have always found Nirsoft to be a trustworthy company. Besides, the program may need to access the Internet or its servers to find all the information it displays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-should-port-internet-connection-monitoring-program-access-internet.1110554/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a laptop that I take to work, and would like to set things up to use my home internet connection from elsewhere. I don't have another computer to function as a server for me at home, so would like to do it so that my router alone provides this access (log into it from the internet anywhere and use my internet as if I am using it from home).

How would I go about doing this? Would it require installing new firmware, or how can I tell my router that I would like to access it like this?

I have a router with remote access capabilities as well as a bridging mode (and I have another older router).

Many thanks!

A:Using two home routers to access secure internet from work/internet cafes

You need a router which supports being a VPN end point and then has support for hairpinning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-two-home-routers-to-access-secure-internet-from-work-internet-cafes.1042176/
Relevancy 59.77%

Background I recently installed some free software which came with some adware and changed my browser settings home page default search engines After some work I was able to remove them but now have encountered a new problem which I expect is also malware related ProblemWhen I direct my browsers to any website I get a message saying that there is no response from the proxy server I have never used a proxy server for internet access and when I go into my Internet Properties gt LAN Settings and un-check Use a proxy Server for your LAN and check Automatically detect settings the settings are not remembered and revert as soon as I close malware of proxy access change preventing internet cannot settings, internet and re-open LAN Settings rendering my browsers useless Things I've TriedScans with Malwarebytes antimalware Microsoft security essentials Spybot Search and Destroy CCleaner cleaner and registry Using regedit to manually delete suspicious registry keysThe FRST fixlist hereThe OTL fix here Any help you can offer is appreciated I am accessing the internet via a netbook and have been installing malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet scanners to the infected PC via flash drive DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by David at on - malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Disabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x pastaleads PastaLeadsService exe C Program Files x Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Core Temp Core Temp exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Users David AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Users David AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe E Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe E Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetw... Read more

A:malware preventing change of internet proxy settings, cannot access internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/544752 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544752/malware-preventing-change-of-internet-proxy-settings-cannot-access-internet/
Relevancy 59.77%

Sorry - this was posted under Windows XP but maybe it Problems Security Uninstall & Access Internet Internet Problem - Norton fits better under security Help - My PC has Windows XP and I have been using Norton Internet Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems Security for about months and all has been well Until about the last week Suddenly it appeared as if the program was no longer functioning When launching the program it would indicate that there was an error and that nothing Anti-Virus Firewall Parental Security etc was active After doing some troubleshooting I determined I Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems needed to uninstall the program but somehow I can not because I am not considered to be the person authorized to do so - supervisor access required something got corrupted here because I was the supervisor So the final fix is to edit the registry through a download from Symantec s website but I can not access any website that is either secure or requires me to download anything patch etc I simply get a message saying that the page can not be displayed and or the download just hangs Obviously my IE settings have somehow been corrupted but due to NIS being corrupted I can t edit any settings So I m caught in a circle - I can t uninstall the program or download anything to help me do it Any ideas on how I can either get rid of this program or connect fully to the internet Thanks nbsp

A:Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems

Can you try a system restore to an earlier date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-internet-security-problem-uninstall-internet-access-problems.293455/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a dell inspiron E1505 and I restored my system because it was terrible before and not my connection status says unknown and then it says access is denied but I do have internet connection and when I get on the internet an error pops up and it brings me to a page that it would bring u to if u had lost internet connection and when I go on chatroulette and click next it will say assert in lsp so I click ignore but it just keeps popping back up please respond with an answer need help really bad please and thank you!

A:internet access is denied and connection status is unknown and when on internet probs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-is-denied-and-connection-status-is-unknown-and-when-on-internet-probs.1011931/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently upgraded NIS to and no matter how I configure the Internet access for the program quot Microsoft Printer Spooler Service quot NIS randomly notifies me Problem Security Internet 2005 Symantec Internet Configuration Access via the Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem pop-up in the lower right corner of the display that quot Rules are automatically configured for the program Microsoft Printer Spooler Service quot In addition this pop-up notification continues to pop up and down for at least a half a dozen times before it Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem goes away No error messages are involved and no other program is affected It would appear to me that NIS does not recognize when the Microsoft Printer Spooler Program has firewall Internet access rules established Thus since it is a quot safe quot program NIS automatically sets the rules notifies me does not recognize that the rules are set so it sets them again and the cycle is continued over and over again until the Spooler program stops asking for Internet access I guess that the apparent random nature of the occurrence of this cycle is correlated to the Spooler program requesting Internet access I have been communicating with Symantec India but it is like wading through a lake of alligators in order to get at that kernel of truth Any ideas I ll even consider the elimination of the notification function provided it does not affect the error amp risk notification functions nbsp

A:Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem

wlknaack said:

I recently upgraded NIS 2004 to 2005 and no matter how I configure the Internet access for the program "Microsoft Printer Spooler Service," NIS 2005 randomly notifies me, via the pop-up in the lower right corner of the display, that "Rules are automatically configured for the program: Microsoft Printer Spooler Service." In addition, this pop-up notification continues to pop up and down for at least a half a dozen times before it goes away. No error messages are involved, and no other program is affected.Click to expand...

Did you ever get a fix for this problem? I'm getting it too. Thanks,
Bob

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/symantec-internet-security-2005-internet-access-configuration-problem.22188/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like via Internet internet miniport Virtual Wifi sharing access drops to share my laptops internet via the Miniport Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access no internet on the phone The phone remains connected to the laptop hotspot Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access but the internet access is no more there Now at this point if I Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access disconnect the connection between my phone and the hotspot and then again try to reconnect back again it wont even connect The phone will keep on searching and shows connecting status but can never connect I have tried all sorts of softwares connectify virtual router intel mywifi and even tried to create a hotspot from the cmd using netsh command All the hotspots work in the exact same way intially works perfect but maybe after half an hour internet is gone I have completed all the steps properly even changed the settings in the laptop adapter with interet access to allow other networks to connect but nothing seems to work I have a Windows Machine and my wireless adapter is Intel R Centrino R Wireless N- and the drivers are up to date according to windows I know that its a problem with my laptop OS or something because my android phone can connect and remain connected without losing internet to the connectify hotspot in my wifi enabled desktop PC I am breaking my head over this for the past days even formatted my system once but no use Please help if you can please

A:Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access

I guess no one has an answer to this one...my bad luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196712-internet-sharing-via-virtual-wifi-miniport-drops-internet-access.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys I have a really frustrating problem right now and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Very recently, my forwarded ports stayed closed (even though I've definitely opened them from the router page) and configuring a static ip gets really random. I'm using a Belkin wireless USB adapter right now, instead of the ethernet cable I was using a few weeks ago, but I don't think this is the problem.

Thanks guys

A:Internet acting strange - can't port forward - no ipv6 internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by Arm4L1t3

Hey guys I have a really frustrating problem right now and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Very recently, my forwarded ports stayed closed (even though I've definitely opened them from the router page) and configuring a static ip gets really random. I'm using a Belkin wireless USB adapter right now, instead of the ethernet cable I was using a few weeks ago, but I don't think this is the problem.

Thanks guys

IPv6 isn't used for accessing the internet, it's only used internally for the time being.

The port forwarding problem could be your A/V software, a third party firewall or even Windows firewall.

If you are having problems with the wireless connection why not go back to the wired connection instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226167-internet-acting-strange-cant-port-forward-no-ipv6-internet-access.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My Dell Latitude D800 has become infected with "Internet Security 2010" and it is in such a bad state that I cannot get onto the internet anymore. I was told that I can download information onto my desktop computer and then somehow transfer it over to my laptop to remove the virus from my laptop. My desktop is an old Acer Aspire with very little memory and it is running windows 98. My Dell Latitude is running Windows XP. If I can download information onto my desktop computer, how to I transfer that file over to my Laptop?

A:How to Remove Internet Security 2010 if you can't access the internet with the infected computer

USB flash drive, CD....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292006/how-to-remove-internet-security-2010-if-you-cant-access-the-internet-with-the-infected-computer/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Guys I ve ethernet no 7 modem from can't access Win internet ipv4 - have ipv6 internet no cable been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing good yet So I m directly connected to a modem cable and well my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here s my ipconfig log Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn t change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don t know why I had to use them also and maybe don t exactly know how to use this Windows troubleshooter tells me DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m nbsp

A:Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-have-internet-access-cable-ethernet-from-modem-ipv6-no-internet-ipv4-no.1136264/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am using Internet Explorer Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP - internet is programs needing internet access with probs internet connection no Any crashing, connected I have received e-mails and managed to access internet via a microsoft error message link to view microsoft terms amp conditions of sending the errror report When I try to access explorer the timer comes up briefly but nothing happens Outlook loads up and I have received e-mails but when I click on anything it freezes We use McAffee and I have tried using this to scan and it Any programs needing internet access crashing, no probs with internet connection encounters an error and closes I have downloaded and run Malwarebytes and noticed trojan names in the log - Vundo fakealert and BHO all allegedly quarantined amp deleted IT guy came round last night and he istalled amp ran AVG PC Tuneup - that was as far as his help Any programs needing internet access crashing, no probs with internet connection extended after hours - hoping you can help please find logs etc as requested below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sage SData Sage SData Service exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe G Programs SPS Sage Practice Solution Server Application Hosts Service Monitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files ASUS WLAN Card Utilities Center exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C PROGRA McAfee MSM McSmtFwk exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee MSC McUICnt exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Kathy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-programs-needing-internet-access-crashing-no-probs-with-internet-connection.961420/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I am seeking the kind advice needed to solve this frustrating wireless internet problem I'm having Below is a point form summary of what I am experiencing Internet does not work using the wireless network Internet works using wired network or teathered blackberry Works on all other computers connected, access, access no internet indicates but internet Wireless except this one when I access it is incredibly slow and I can only see the login page - after login nothing shows Full reception indicating there is internet access Windows firewall is turned off and no other firewalls exist pinging Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access works pinging Google does not work TCP IP has obtain ip address dns automatically selected Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users George gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users George gt ping Google Pinging Google with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users George gt -------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users George gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Amir-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Ad apter II Physical Address C-AC- C-BB-C -EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bddb c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday August PM Lease Expires Sunday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B-F -DE-F - F-D - F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix resnet ubc ca Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address F -DE-F - F-D - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap resnet ubc ca Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c eb c c e a f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe eb c c e a f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C A -FE - DE -B - EE E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users George gt

A:Wireless connected, indicates internet access, but no internet access

see if you can ping 74.125.129.105 if you can, do a ipconfig /flushdns see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-connected-indicates-internet-access-but-no-internet-access-662388.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a weird problem since days I have a no access. there to linux but access 7 in internet in windows in internet Can pc with dual boot windows and ubuntu I have a LAN connection with static ip and no wifi router is installed in my PC Now everything was going Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. fine but days ago I tried to install a usb wifi adapter to use my pc as a wifi hotspot It didn t work But thats fine After that I can access to internet for - sec and then it shows there is no internet access And suddenly it comes after - Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. mins and again remaining for - sec it drops again I have reinstalled windows two times and installed windows for finding some hope but it didn t work In ubuntu it is working fine for hours without any problem So I think it is not hardware or Can access to internet in linux but in windows 7 there in no internet access. network problem I searched many online forums and tried to solve the problem but nothing helped I also downloaded the latest version of my LAN driver and installed that Intel Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver for Windows So friends can you please suggest me what is going wrong with my pc I am totally clueless at this case My Mother board is intel DH WW and my processor is intel core i No graphics card is installed Hope for your help and would really appreciate it if anyone had any helpful advice for my problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-access-to-internet-in-linux-but-in-windows-7-there-in-no-internet-access.218270/
Relevancy 59.77%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 59.77%

Internet explorer cannot display the webpage with full internet access.

I use broadband or the Amaysim network of 4gb per month on a usb modem or tether on aiphone 3.

With all of these i can never go to a site without intnet explorer popping in saying no connection when there clearly is .

Occassionally if i press diagnose probs button the diagnostics give a trouble shooter option when pressed sometimes will start up the site required.

Kindly assist at your very EARLIEST CONVENIENCE.

Thank you in anticipation

A:Internet explorer cannot display the webpage with full internet access.

Hi, welcome to the forums, go to start, search and type cmd right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0 (press enter) post the notepad outcome here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-explorer-cannot-display-the-webpage-with-full-internet-access-689538.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am connected wirelessly with internet access according to my computer, but my internet sporadically stops working. Usually happens every 5 minutes or so. However, my Skype always works, even when my browsers and games don't. This has only happened within the last 3 days. Before that, my internet worked perfectly. Please help!

A:Connected to network with internet access but internet isn't working properly

I am assuming something extra is running in the background when you have a browser open, or you play games (I am sure on line games use browsers to operate) have you checked for tool bars? or small programs that where not there before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-with-internet-access-but-internet-isnt-working-properly.1112574/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have literally been through programs websites and forums and spent more time on this that could be used with my business rather than tech issues Running Windows everything was working 7 to Frustrated - Extremely Can't - access internet. Internet, Connected Windows fine for over a year I downloaded Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. a file online and all of the sudden everything went down hill Major errors internet coming in and out and blue screens I don't know if it's from the downloaded file or what happened I ran the following MalwareBytes Hitman Pro CC Cleaner AVG Antivirus Comodo Antivirus Some said nothing some came up with issues cleared all Everything on my computer is now working property EXCEPT for the internet The internet icon is connected to the wireless and i even ran a microsoft fix it program to test for internet connectivity and it passed and said it was connected but when I go to any browser it shows an error and says server not found MalwareBytes won't Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. update Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet. because it kicks back a network error I have literally tried everything I could possibly think of I broke down and hit craigslist today and bought a cheap older desktop Works perfectly but my main computer needs to be repaired Any help would be GREATLY appreciated I'm at my wits end with this Let me know if you need more information

A:Extremely Frustrated - Windows 7 - Connected to Internet, Can't access internet.

I have experienced issues with similar computer behavior.  Often times it is because the proxy settings for the internet connection are not as they should be.  If you go to the internet settings (control panel, then to internet options) and then click the tab across the top that is titled "Connections" then click the button towards the bottom labeled, "LAN settings" make sure that "Bypass proxy settings for local addresses" is not checked and that "Automatically detect settings" is checked.  This often has solved the problem for me.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505409/extremely-frustrated-windows-7-connected-to-internet-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Sony Vaio running Windows Home Premium Yesterday I accessed the Internet at the office over a Cat cable Last or wireless, cable, via Internet Internet No Access Cat5 dongle night I No Internet Access via Cat5 cable, wireless, or Internet dongle accessed the Internet at home via my USB Internet dongle actually an O mobile phone Today neither works I have also tried to connect to the Internet via Wireless and that does not work either Needless to say my desktop using the same Cat cable works My mobile phone can access the Internet on it own And others can get the wireless to work My Vaio can connect to all three however all three say quot No Internet access quot I changed nothing between last night and this morning I have scanned through the list of Windows Updates and nothing has been downloaded in the past week I have turned off my firewalls in both McAfee and Symantec Endpoint Protection I have run the three NETSH reset commands with Administrator privileges I have rebooted my machine numerous times Nothing works I have done an IPCONFIG on a two of these connections on their own and can PING myself but not the Default Gateway I realise that this sounds impossible that I have done nothing and it has broken anyway but modern PCs are constantly quot fixing themselves quot and so some invisible background process must have messed something up Thing is I do not know where to even start to look nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Pretty much as stated. I have tried everything. I need help.
Win XP Home Premium HP Pavilion dv 2037US
Error is:
Windows Defender
Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem caused thi program's service to stop. To start this service, restart your computer or search Help and Support fir how to start a service manually.

didnt work.

FIrefox and IE wont work.
System restore failed
deleting unnessacary programs failed
internet connections in control panel failed
windows defender mdiabled failed
onboard diagnostics failed
Hiren Boot disc diagnostics came up negative

the list goes on. i would appreciate ome help. thanks.

A:Laptop Browsers Wont access internet but i connected to internet

the error listed i linked to a exe for windows defender. it wont run, even when i hit it manually.

i dont think this is the problem though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298108/laptop-browsers-wont-access-internet-but-i-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 59.77%

Well I'm using the Window Vista Home Professional Edition so I don't know if that has to do with anything but for some reason after I surf the web for a certain amount of time or when I change websites quickly either firefox loses connection to the internet or the computer itself loses connection to the internet When switching back to IE and surfing the web for a while the computer itself seems to not send any signal to the internet I can access AIM but when trying to go online to play a game or surf the web I can't access it The only way to solve this problem is that I restart the computer Though when the computer seems to not be able to connect to the internet it takes the computer an awfully long time to restart including logging off and what not - minutes I have also constantly scanned the computer using AVG Avast or the Windows Security scan accessing with cuts the problem A Internet? randomly after to web., the off Internet Access thingy This also includes defragging the computer and checking the disk scan for and recovery of bad sectors I have posted this before in the infected area and Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? since I have checked the infected area in which the person led Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? me here I was hoping if there is someone Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? who could solve this Thank you and any help would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264546/access-to-internet-randomly-cuts-off-after-accessing-the-web-a-problem-with-the-internet/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I am using Pentium - Windows SP OS - Motorola Cable Voice Modem Model SBV - Cable Connection It gets disconnected in middle of something and my modem link light starts blinking after which i cannot access internet neither i can ping any site like www yahoo com The only option to get back is to reboot my PC The problem cannot be with Modem as i Reboot Internet Abruptly Need Regain Internet Access Getting - To Disconnected To am having Telephone line attached and is working perfectly fine It seems something bothering on my PC Internet Getting Disconnected Abruptly - Need To Reboot To Regain Internet Access due to which it loses internet access I have already changed by Motherboard which has inbuild Ethernet card inbuild on Gigabyte Motherboard I am attaching the HijackThis log for whats running on my PC I have Macafee installed without firewall and AVG AntiSpyware software for Spyware Could somebody please help in analysing the logs and let me know what could be the problem Its really annoying to reboot the PC Rebooting the Modem doesnot works Neither removing the internet cable - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system VTTimer exeC WINNT system S trayp exeC Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC WINNT system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - URLSearchHook no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - Hosts file is located at C WINNT System drivers etc hostsO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run S Trayp S trayp exeO - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA m... Read more

A:Internet Getting Disconnected Abruptly - Need To Reboot To Regain Internet Access

can somebody pls help me.. thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99756/internet-getting-disconnected-abruptly-need-to-reboot-to-regain-internet-access/
Relevancy 59.34%

Brand new Toshiba Satellite. Have two other computers that connect with ease to the Netgear wireless router, but the new computer will not access the internet. I have been searching for answers and have tried about everything I can find nuder similar posts, but I still have not internet access. At varying times, I have had "internet access", but no actual ability to load websites. Right now, I do not even have access. I am at a loss. Even at my low level of experience, I am usually able to tinker until I fix the problem, but I am about four hours in and currently seem to have taken a step backward. I cannot even begin to explain what things I have already tried, so I think I just need to start over with any suggestions someone can think of. Thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

A random webpage pops up anytime I open an internet browser Tried to clean up system with Spybot but problem still internet up Random access when internet site pops I exists Please see HijackThis log file below and help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstartR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Random internet site pops up when I access internet Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Multi Media Toolbar - b c - a- -bda -fbae e - C Program Files Multi Media tbMult dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WINXML Class - A - - a b- A- F E - C Windows winxml a dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Multi Media Toolbar - b c - a- -bda -fbae e - C Program Files Multi Media tbMult dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Multi Media Toolbar - b c - a- -bda -fbae e - C Program Files Multi Media tbMult dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEO - HKLM Run SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeO - HKLM Run TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeO - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exeO - HKLM Run Windows Mobile-based device management windir WindowsMobile wmdSync exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run LELA quot C Program Files Linksys Linksys EasyLink Advisor Linksys EasyLink Advisor exe quot minimizedO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run hpqSRMon C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeO - HKLM Run Skytel Skyte... Read more

A:Random internet site pops up when I access internet

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277104/random-internet-site-pops-up-when-i-access-internet/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi,is there any reason why i cannot access the internet after installing internet security software?.ive tried installing two different security software this week and i have to keep switching back to avg free because of this!.ive so far tried kaspersky 5.0 and trend micro Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security version 12.00 both stop me finding the server,i then have to shut it down.straight after ive shut it down i can access the net again.
any ideas why this is?

A:internet security software stopping internet access

Problem!! AVG is only an antivirus, while the other is a suite, both AV and Firewall! Read the help to determine how to configure but you need to let TCP/IP and NETBUEI through!!

Goods Luck

Sadly I don't use either of those 2 but the one I use, after the reboot walks you through a "Setup Wizard" Much easaier !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-security-software-stopping-internet-access.412569/
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok this has been happening for a few weeks now with the connection either being slow or just displaying a yellow Constantly and internet from (no access) disconnecting internet slow triangle saying limited access and no internet access Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) Getting pretty Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access) desperate and running out of ideas now so need to ask here Basically we switched ISPs after about a month of no internet our old modem was from ish and it was just a standard modem where you plug in a wireless router into it and it worked fine Now we have a wireless modem hub which we were using when I noticed my laptop started having these issues The other laptop phones tablets and PS connect fine and maintain connection So I decided to try connecting up our router and using that Cisco Linksys E which actually performs better anyway however the problem persists I did a complete reinstall of Windows bit HP thinking it would solve the problem I was planning on reinstalling anyway to speed it up but it made no difference Updated the drivers for the wifi card Atheros AR to the latest version Nothing I've googled and tried a bunch of things including disabling ipv ROUTE DELETE and resetting to disabling DHCP in ipv Right now in Device manager I'm also seeing a quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot which I've just noticed on this startup It has a yellow triangle on it and says cannot start code in properties So basically every so often the connection will either be slow or just won't start at all and on some boots of the system it'll just be stuck on quot Identifying quot for like seconds before becoming an quot Unidentified Network quot with the bench icon despite it being the same connection as the home connection I have Oddly enough right now it's working fine with full white bars in the bottom right and is fast but more often than not itll be doing the above I'll post a screencap of my ipconfig all anyway as it is Also for the record I don't have McAfee or bonjour installed I saw these were common culprits with this problem too Also tried disabling Avast and Windows Firewall and right now my router has security disabled and no MAC address filter It's fine for other devices like I said

A:Constantly slow and disconnecting from internet (no internet access)

Aaron mate some system specs please
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329875-constantly-slow-disconnecting-internet-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer connection Fallback to internet loss? access after second internet has two network adapters connected to two different internet gateways One is Ethernet and the other is WIFI The Ethernet connection is first on the access order list if you don't know what I'm talking about see the image attached and the WIFI is second Today the internet access was lost on the Ethernet connection however internet access was still available on the WIFI connection In spite of this Windows and all other applications were sill trying to use the first connection instead of switching to Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? the one with internet access What I want to know is why for example when only the internet access is lost on one adapter i e the adapter is still connected Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? has an IP but no internet gateway or DNS server address es are available Windows doesn't fallback to the other connection which has internet access In the same sense why can't Windows divide outgoing connections between all internet-connected adapters and utilize two separate bandwidths Thank you very much

A:Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss?

Hello,

If you'd like to utilize both ethernet and Wi-Fi simultaneously, setting up interface metric might help.
An explanation of the Automatic Metric feature for Internet Protocol routes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242170-fallback-second-internet-connection-after-internet-access-loss.html
Relevancy 59.34%

A warning in advance this is going to be a fairly long post I don't know a ton about troubleshooting but I'm not computer illiterate and I've tried quite an array of tests while trying to fix things on my own First of all my laptop is an HP Presario V GB AV I'm running windows I upgraded from vista last october I had problems once back in january with being unable to download windows updates At the time I found something suggesting that this could be due to a corrupted download and so I reinstalled win and everything worked fine Now about weeks ago I started up my laptop and although it showed up as being connected under network connections none of my applications which require the internet Internet shows to Internet connected but access unable work Edit I know that the problem isn't my ISP or the network I'm on since both the computer I'm currently using to post this my parent's desktop and my laptop connect to the same network And no were not using a router we can only have computer connected at a time We simply unplug the ethernet cable from one computer and put it into the other I've looked at my ipconfig settings and everything looks fine I even tried ipconfig release and ipconfig renew as well as ipconfig dnsflush just to be safe No luck with any of that Then I went and looked at the system logs and found that ever since about november of last year there have been intermittent problems with the BITS Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet service not starting More recently BITS has not been starting and Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet I've been getting error messages that server long number string if you'd like me to post it I can did not register with DCOM within the required timeout I tried reinstalling win since it fixed my problem before but no luck this time Since then I've been trying to make sure that all my drivers are up to date as several posts about intermittant note Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet my problem is constant not intermittent internet connectivity issues seemed to lead back to drivers needing updates However as far as I can tell all my device drivers are up to date I downloaded some diagnostic tools I ran HotCPUTesterLite through its diagnostic test hours twice and it didn't turn up any hardware errors One of the tools I downloaded pointed out that my bios was rather old so I updated that most recent version was for december I can't figure out what is causing my problem unless it is windows itself If anyone can shed some light here I'd greatly appreciate it or it looks like I may have to revert back to vista till microsoft gets things fixed

A:Internet shows connected but unable to access Internet

no ideas? I'm just about ready to give up and try doing a factory reset back to vista and hope that fixes things.

Edit: Just found out additional info about my network adapter, apparently theres been no downloads for it on the intel download center for OS's after win XP. But on a different page it said that there is "in box support" for it. Would this mean that the appropriate driver was included in my win 7 install, or that my adapter is outdated for win 7 and that is causing my problem? For Reference my computer is less than 3 years old and came initially installed with vista on it. My adapter is the Intel(R) Pro 100/VE Network Connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73765-internet-shows-connected-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Guys My nephews laptop was infected by what appeared to be Internet Security After going through the laptop and removing most of the junk toolbars etc It seems that most of the threats have been removed MBytes reports no threats SAntiSWare reports no threats I used avg recovery console- it removed a threat called weiai exi I just cant get the thing to go on line It connects to the wireless router but Internet 2013 to DEMENTED Security Access Internet!! / :( No doesnt access the net I'm using vista home basic I would seriously appreciate the help DDS Ver Internet Security 2013 / No Access to Internet!! DEMENTED :( - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by user at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch Internet Security 2013 / No Access to Internet!! DEMENTED :( C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService Internet Security 2013 / No Access to Internet!! DEMENTED :( C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows System svchost exe -k wdisvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb uSearch Bar Preserve uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb mStart Page hxxp www searchya com f amp a syd amp cd XzuyEtN Y L QzutDtDtBtByCzyyCzy ByBtA AyEyEtByEtN D Tzu CyCtDtAtN L XzutBtFtBtFyEtFyBtAtCtN L Czu S P R Y C P Q D F W G I F T Q V G F F N I P amp cr amp ir uProxyOverride lt -loopback gt uSearchAssistant hxxp feed snapdo com publisher SnapdoVBYB amp dpid SnapdoVBYB amp co GB amp userid bf f d- - f - b - f f amp searchtype ds amp q searchTerms amp installDate installDate mURLSearchHooks c b - - ad -a -c d ae edb - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll TB lt No Name gt ae b- d - a -af - ea e - LocalServer - lt no file gt uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System HideFastUserSwitching dword IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft office office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D Handler inbox - F -DD C- B-B DF-C BCAF - lt orphaned gt Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SEH SABShellExecuteHook Class - AE D - AFB- E - A-EBB F A DA - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLL LSA Security Packages kerberos msv schannel wdigest tspkg mASetup D -AAD - -ABDC- AB D F - c program files common files lightscribe LSRunOnce exe mASetup A D -D - c-AFF -A D E F - c program files google chrome application installer chrmstp exe ... Read more

A:Internet Security 2013 / No Access to Internet!! DEMENTED :(

HelloPlease download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512391/internet-security-2013-no-access-to-internet-demented/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi,is there any reason why i cannot access the internet after installing internet security software?.ive tried installing two different security software this week and i have to keep switching back to avg free because of this!.ive so far tried kaspersky 5.0 and trend micro Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security version 12.00 both stop me finding the server,i then have to shut it down.straight after ive shut it down i can access the net again.
any ideas why this is?

Relevancy 59.34%

boopme has forwarded me to your security access Cannot internet related to internet sites forumTopic referenced is here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t error-messages-when-browser-openedcannot-access-virus-software-sites OBI cannot access internet sites related to internet security forums security software etc Generally a Runtime Error Program c Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlcom exe error box appears When the box is closed and I try to reaccess the same site I'm told that I'm not connected to the internet and a new browser window appears The new browser window is IE it is not a hijack to another site I get occasional pop up windows related to programs that I am not Cannot access internet sites related to internet security running at the time such as Ad-Aware was shut down and generated and Cannot access internet sites related to internet security error report Please contact When trying to run antivirus software on my computer somtimes it will run other times it will start running and then the window disappears Any assistance would be greatly appreciated banks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall disabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATT-SST McciTrayApp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC WINDOWS system taskcgr exesvchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files BellSouth Connection Manager CManager exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system lxddcoms exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC PROGRA BROADJ CORREC CCD exeC Documents and Settings Owner Application Data U CB E LaunchPad exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfNavi exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo commSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo commSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO - E- D -A DE-E DA BE - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adob... Read more

A:Cannot access internet sites related to internet security

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333539/cannot-access-internet-sites-related-to-internet-security/
Relevancy 59.34%

I bought a p.c for my son last year. It came with 3 month norton internet security.Now he cant access the internet at all. P.C world say it's because norton has expired. He cant remember any passwords, and so cant change/uninstall norton (which is what P.C. world advise). Because he cant access the internet, he cant download any tools to uninstall. Anybody got any ideas ?

A:Norton internet security stops internet access

Symantec provide a tool to uninstall 2004/5/6 products (it's actually three separate files); http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl= Perhaps you or someone else could d/l them and burn them to a CD/DVD?

I assume that it would be possible to get a replacement antivirus and firewall to install in the same way. Have a look at the 'Security Help Tools' thread that is pinned at the top of this Forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-internet-security-stops-internet-access.444900/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem that started the other day. When I click on any of my Internet Explorer icons or shortcuts, the screen flashes but nothing pops up. The only way I can access the internet is through My Computer and even then I cannot click on some links, even through my email. I have tried accessing internet options, but it says the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions set by computer administrator. There is only one user account on here, and I am the computer administrator. I have virus, spyware, and adware on here, I have removed all threats, still no luck. I have even looked through the registry looking for restrictions but didn't see any. I am running XP. HELP Thanks

A:Internet Explorer won't open, can't access Internet Options

Hello and welcome to tsf ;wavey;

what infections were found?

also try this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/1350305-post4.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-open-cant-access-internet-options-228453.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Inspiron 531 with Vista operating system; cabled directly into router; computer has internet access, Safari will work but Windows Explorer and Firefox have stopped working.  Can't access Norton either.  May have become disconnected in trying to make former printer print and setup of new printer. Message reads Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.  Diagnostic says Windows did not find any problem with internet connection.  Firefox reads Problem loading page - Firefox can't establish a connection to the server www.aol.com.  Running Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421IC.  SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0  Separately, laptop has no problem accessing anything via wireless and the same router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511951/cant-access-internet-via-internet-explorer-or-firefox-or-norton/
Relevancy 59.34%

i've just got norton internet securty 2005 and when the firewall is enabled it blocks all internet access, i've tryed loads of thing to sort it out and i cant figure it out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/norton-internet-security-blocks-my-internet-access-20544.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I just recently had an issue not being able to access internet explorer. It gives me a message about firewall won't allow access. Never had that problem before. Funny thing is I can download my email via Outload and download my bank transactions via Quicken with no problem. I run the Windows troubleshooter that pops up and it tells me something about http not enabled or something like that.

A:Can't access internet Via Internet Explorer/Firewall Issue

What AV and firewall do you use?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308071/cant-access-internet-via-internet-explorerfirewall-issue/
Relevancy 59.34%

My laptop connects to the local network, but it has no internet access.
If I run troubleshooting it says that the DNS server isn't responding.
It is not the internets fault, because my room mate net works fine. It's not the cables fault because I tried plugging it in both of my routers and in both of my room mates, using his cable. And it doesn't work.
Wifi works fine elsewhere, but I don't have a wifi router in my dorm.
Things that I've tried:
Flushing my DNS
Adding custom DNS ports, like Googles or OpenDNS
Resetting the laptop to previous restore points
Using winsock reset
Disabling/enabling the network
Disabling Avast

I've changed nothing on my computer. The net worked fine on tuesday in my dorm. I went home and it worked fine there. Yesterday I came back to my dorm and it just stopped.

A:Laptop connecting to internet but no internet access (DNS server)

Try typing 74.125.21.102 in a browser window to see if you can reach Google. Check your roommates DSN settings and see if he is using the same DNS servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359887-laptop-connecting-internet-but-no-internet-access-dns-server.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi - need some help with putting the internet back on my new computer !! Without doing anything ( no downloading or updating ) the computer has suddenly lost internet - saying that it is connected but there is a little symbol to say that it is a limited connection ( I am now usiing my old computer to write this message ! ) Looked it up online and tried the basic things suggested ( putting in commands ( when you press wndows / x and a ) and unchecking a box about power options - but no good ! ( sorry for the lack of precise details but not computer savvy ! )
Very frustrated as the whole point of a new computer is for it to work !!!!  Any suggestions ? - PLEASE !!!!!

A:limited internet access ( i.e. small sign and no internet )

Usually happens when your adapter is bad, drivers are hosed, bad cable connecting the computer to the router or switch, or router IP table hosed up.  Try a ipconfig /flushdns in a Command Window as administrator, along with resetting the Winsock.  Also try turning off modem & router and then turn back on in the following steps:  Modem (wait for it to come back online with the ISP), then Router.

It also helps to know the manufacturer & model of the computer, along with how the computer was connected to the Internet (wired or wireless), along with model & manufacturer of router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520510/limited-internet-access-ie-small-sign-and-no-internet/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all This is probably a really easy one to answer I have got a Fujitsu Siemans Lifebook S Series - running XP let me know if you need more details and where to find I have never had a problem connecting to my wireless router sky netgear and to Wireless access, internet?? but to network, Help! can internet not connect the internet but for some reason all of a sudden I cant get online after i am connected to the network When i plug the cable into the back of the router from my laptop i can get online fine I have managed to connect wirelessly to another network which is unsecured in my area to enable me to write this If you need any details let me know what and how to get them please Many thanks Joe p s - i have seen on other forums that people are asked to run cmd and gather the following info although i am not sure if it will be relevant considering i am currently connected to a different network which isnt my default - anyway info is below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings joe holden gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name an jholden Primary Dns Suffix parragon com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? Enabled Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? No DNS Suffix Search List parragon com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E- -D C Documents and Settings joe holden gt nbsp

A:Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-internet-access-can-connect-to-network-but-not-internet.811563/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi

i installed zonealarm internet security but next thing i know i cannot access the internet although i could make conncetion to the internet

but i cannot access any site or live messenger

you know which forced me to install a new windows

since then i feel worry about these security pack programs like kaspersky and zone alarm and bit defender, i worry it might make troubles for me in windows xp.

so tell me which internet security program should i use and how can i enable access permission to the internet ?

A:why zonealarm internet security denied access to internet ?

When you had zone alarm installed...in programs...did you have "internet explorer" blocked?

In the program control on the left...click on it and then click on the programs tab at the top in the middle of the main screen

Scroll down until you come to internet explorer and double click where it says
"access...trusted/internet"...double click on both of them so that they are "allowed"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-zonealarm-internet-security-denied-access-to-internet-155580.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have installed AVG 8.5 Internet Security for my HP laptop at home. I am using a Sprint Smartview Broadband card to access the Internet. I have set up my Firewall Confirmation dialog in AVG. Once I click on Internet Explorer to browse the web, it goes to the site i want for about 5 seconds and then the webpage changes to this address:http://avg.urlseek.vmn.net/search.php?tbn=...microsoft%2EcomIs this due to my Firewall settings in AVG? Currently, I am set up as "Computer On The Move" in the Network Connection Options. Also, under "Profiles" in the "Firewall Settings" area, under "Computer On The Move", all of my "Defined Adapters" are checked as "Safe". Thanks everyone for your assistance, this is my first post. Ryan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229795/avg-85-internet-security-paid-version-cant-access-internet/
Relevancy 58.48%

First things first these are my computer specs Operating system Windows Ultimate bit System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology System model GA- TA-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Phenom II X Processor GHz Memory MB RAM Display ATI Radeon HD Netword Adaptors D-Link DWA- XtremeN Desktop Adaptor wireless amp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on board - disabled Wireless Router I never had this issue on Windows Vista occasionally my internet will randomly dropout Limited Internet Access quot When it does I can do a few things to get it working again - Disable then enable my wireless card and reconnect - Uninstall the card then re-install and reconnect - - Internet internet access dropping "Limited Frequent Access" Disconnect from the internet myself and reconnect Either way Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access" it gets super frustrating There is other computer plugged directly into the router that does not experience any issues In addition I have laptop windows that works great and laptop Windows XP which works great For any technical suggestions please clarify how to perform what the recommendation is I'm not too keen with networking issues Thank you

A:Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access"

I not router expert but I do have a suggestion. Shut down completely your computer and router. Start both again and go to here.
Speed Test | Bandwidth | Broadband Internet Services
Test all the computers and see how close they are to each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190081-frequent-internet-access-dropping-limited-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.48%

First things first these dropping Internet Frequent Access" "Limited - access internet are my computer specs Operating system Windows Ultimate bit System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology System model GA- TA-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Phenom II X Processor GHz Memory MB RAM Display ATI Radeon HD Netword Adaptors D-Link DWA- XtremeN Desktop Adaptor wireless amp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller on board - disabled Wireless Router I never had this issue on Windows Vista occasionally my internet will randomly dropout Limited Internet Access quot When it does Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access" I can do a few things to get it working again - Disable then enable my wireless card and reconnect - Uninstall the card then re-install and reconnect - Disconnect from the internet myself and reconnect Either way it gets super frustrating There is other computer plugged directly into the router that does not experience any issues In addition I have laptop windows that works great and laptop Windows XP which works great For any technical suggestions please clarify how to perform what the recommendation is I'm not too keen with networking issues Thank you

A:Frequent internet access dropping - "Limited Internet Access"

Hi Neufy,

Is this the problematic adapter - D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN Desktop? I assume the issue is wireles connection?
You might want to download the most recent driver for it, here's the link to the D-Link site.

Install and run http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189972-frequent-internet-access-dropping-limited-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I cannot access internet through internet explorer.

I get redirected to this web page every time "http://ask.askredir.com/search/cfg_redir3.jhtml?id=FE&psa=8DC7E9A4-317E-4FAE-9377-CF24060EAFB1&url=http://www.ask.com/web&l=dis&o=13018&gc=1&gct=dns&ind=2008092000&q=www%2emsn%2ecom
I can access internet explorer through safe mode and I also can access internet through FIRE FOX.

A:Cannot access internet through internet explorer, I get redirected

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here or here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.Please include the following in your reply:MBAM log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226207/cannot-access-internet-through-internet-explorer-i-get-redirected/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello mates internet ( but in access) internet with not no wifi Connect I seem to having a problem with my internet connection but only in one of my PCs i can connect with my Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) wifi to the modem but then it says lt lt no internet access gt gt and when i openmy browser opera it says Networking error note the other computer Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) works fine can anyone give me a hand here cheers C Users costas gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name costas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d c ef f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e d d ced c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - D-BA-AA-E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D ADD-D DF- -A -E B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AEF- AB -BE -ADCA FBA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - - A E-A -A E DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users costas gt nbsp

A:Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access)

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-with-wifi-but-not-in-internet-no-internet-access.1062660/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having a problem with accessing the internet through internet explorer. Today, I installed FireFox and it is running great.

In internet explorer, when I choose "tools" and "internet options" it says I am restricted. I am not quite sure what program is blocking me from access.

I have went through internet options in My Computer and reset all the defaults to no avail.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide for me.

Thanks!

A:Internet Access Blocked in Internet Explorer

Hi jollyjingles and welcome to TSF !

Are you logged as an admin ?

See this :
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/browse...etoptions.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-access-blocked-in-internet-explorer-198028.html
Relevancy 58.05%

A few days ago the public wireless internet i used worked fine and i had no problems with my computer. Now when i try to connect to it, it isn't allowing me access. It works just fine on my sisters laptop that is the same model and brand as mine.

A:wireless internet won't give me internet access, HELP!

Hello Woot, and welcome to Sevenforums!

Perhaps i can be of assistance. I am giving you this link to another thread in this forum that you may find interesting, so let me know on this thread if it solves your problem or not: Internet speed suddenly slow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199954-wireless-internet-wont-give-me-internet-access-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am trying to setup internet connection sharing between my laptop Connected to WiFi and my pc which has no wireless connection I've spent a day or two troubleshooting problems such as 'LAN' doesn't have valid configuration and such i found a solution and I've got the two connections to be able to see each other but i Access No Internet Sharing: Connection internet can't get an internet connection to go through I have my ipconfig all for both computers available Both have had excess trimmed off to save on character limit Laptop Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C- -D - - -B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc a c Preferred Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CB-C - - C- -D - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access - - - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CB-C - - C- -D - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Main PC Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F-DD- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc d e fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- C-FA-B -AC- F-DD- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled If there is anything else needed please post and i'll add it

A:Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access

Far as I know you can't share a wireless to wired connection.

You can shared wired to wired and you can also share wireless but you need to set that up with the Microsoft virtual WIFI miniport.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235794-internet-connection-sharing-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there ،،

well the problem here that suddenly all my internet explolers ( firefox , IE9(x32) , google Chrome ) can't access to the internet . I checked the connection many times, i tried the system restore, scan for viruses and i couldn't find any help with this.

The strange thing that when i tried to access the web using Internet Exploler 9 (x64) it worked perfectly! I don't know what to do know, i'm trying to get
away from the formating idea because my system is working perfectly since 2009
without any problems, the windows is original and i don't have a backup for it

A:Wireless and internet are working but no internet access

Hello Dig, and welcome to Sevenforums!

Here are a couple links to tutorials that may help you solve your problem. They are both detailed and you will need to read the whole thing. Let me know if this fixes it or if you need more help:

Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues - created by Capt.Jack Sparrow
and
Internet Troubleshooting Guide - created by Dinesh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215522-wireless-internet-working-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I have a Asus Laptop operating with Windows 8.1. It connects to wifi but none of the desktop icons can get to the Internet. Meanwhile most window tiles in the start menu have Internet access . For example I have the application "MegaTube" and that application has access to the Internet. As well as the weather app, which updates when connected to the Internet. Please help.

A:Laptop is connected to Internet, but no internet access

Any third party Internet Security software installed? Is this a Public Wifi Hotspot, or your own personal Intetnet connection that you pay for. Are any other computers when connecting to that wifi a/p having problems going online?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51475-laptop-connected-internet-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have been sent here to report my internet issue that I am having My computer internet has worked perfectly for over a year but just very recently I have had difficulties with my internet On turning on my computer I am told that I have internet access however I can not use the internet for anything update programmes use browsers etc I've looked up many solutions and tried them all flushing DNS uninstalling Bonjour checking IP is set to automatic etc and none of them have worked for me I use a TP-Link USB which allows me to no (Scan Internet included) Access internet but connect to the wifi on my Windows Bit PC Any help is greatly appreciated Extra The internet works perfectly on the Laptop downstairs the other PC downstairs phones tablets xbox but NOT my Xbox One quot Cannot get a Teredo IP Address quot and my PC which doesn't pick up any problems from the troubleshooter SOMEONE WHO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME AND Internet Access but no internet (Scan included) GOT HIS RESOLVED bottom of page Wireless connection but no internet access Windows Ultimate Here is a detailed scan on my Network Windows IP Configuration Host Name JordanPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address A -F -C - - F-EA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dcc f ff faca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Internet Access but no internet (Scan included) Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- B- C-A -F -C Internet Access but no internet (Scan included) - - F-EA DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server SkyRouter Home Address Name google com Addresses a Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server SkyRouter Home Address Name yahoo com Addresses Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List a f c f ea Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link fe On-link fe dcc f ff faca On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None

A:Internet Access but no internet (Scan included)

Your IP configuration looks fine however your DNS resolutions do not appear to be working. You said other devices work therefore can you verify that the DNS server is the same on those devices?

Scratch that, your DNS resolutions do work but your network communication out doesn't. Could you try and ping your default gateway and see what happens:

Open a command prompt and enter the following and then press enter:

Code:
ping 192.168.0.1
After post your results here. Then can you boot the machine into Safe Mode with Networking and test connectivity.

To do so please follow this tutorial (OPTION ONE ONLY) - Safe Mode

Note
Please replace all references of Safe Mode with Safe Mode with Networking. This will help to see if there is any third party application causing issues.
Also, could please temporary disable any anti-virus and firewall applications as these could also be suspect to blocking the connection.

Based on symptoms I am suspecting some form of malware or third party application however safe mode will hopefully shine some light.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338853-internet-access-but-no-internet-scan-included.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i have a windowx xp laptop, i plug it into a router and says the status is connected but no internet access. please help. thanks!

A:wired internet is connected but no access to internet

and welcome to the Forum

Did this pc ever connect to the new with this connection? Please post a list of all networking equiment . . Modem, Router, anything else conncected to the newtork.

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wired-internet-is-connected-but-no-access-to-internet-604449.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Here is the system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R GM GME Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard IBM SLU Antivirus None ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My issue I have a modem router combination I got a virus that brings up a fake anti-virus on my IBM Thinkpad with a wired connection Ping exe was in the processes and took up a lot of memory Every time I stopped it it would reappear a few moments later There was also a process that I could kill to stop the fake anti-virus Since Ping exe would not go away and the virus was preventing me from running scans I borrowed a relative s computer and plugged it into the same modem router combo Before getting help from another forum I tried mutiple things to stop the virus including registry editing registry cleaning and the scans that I could get running Somewhere along the way I lost an internet connection on the IBM Thinkpad and it went from limited to no connectivity to constantly acquiring network address Another forum had me run multiple virus scans and post logs which I was able to do with a flash drive Eventually the viruses were gone and the internet connection showed that it s connected however I cannot display a webpage in internet explorer and can t connect to applications such as yahoo messenger Internet access connection working, can't but Internet If I go to a web address from my favorites the page can t be displayed If I type in www yahoo com for example the message on the page will say the address is not valid and the following will show in the address bar http The diagnostic log from Internet Explorer shows a DNS issue and so does the log fom Yahoo Messenger I called my ISP and Internet connection working, but can't access Internet I was told it was the DNS after they had me release renew refresh etc and I still had no connection Below I will post what is shows in the Internet connection working, but can't access Internet command prompt after I type ipconfig all and I will also post the Network Diagnostics log from Internet Explorer that come from the quot diagnose connection problems quot Ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Muzik gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM-EE D E D Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - A-E - -D -DE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Muzik gt Network Diagnostics for Windows XP Last diagnostic run time DNS Client Diagnostic DNS - Not a home user scenario info Using Web Proxy no info Resolving name ok for www microsoft com no No DNS servers DNS failure info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address action Successfully released the current IP address action Renewing the IP address action Successfully renewed the current IP address info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Serve... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-working-but-cant-access-internet.1035221/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi, i have been having this problem ever since i upgraded my wireless connection to an N connection. whenever i try to use internet explorer it comes up with this error:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://digg.com/

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

i know i have internet access because when i use my firefox browser or play online games it works just fine, but when i try to use other applications that may use internet explorer as a cache, it comes up with the above error...if anyone knows what is going on PLEASE help me...thanks in advance!

julian

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-doesnt-access-the-internet-180177.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a Toshiba L355D-S7815 and I cant connect to the internet via my wireless connection.  It says Access: Local only and it doesnt identify network. 
I am on a Dell right now on the same connection. 
Please advise!!!

A:Internet has Local only access and will not connect to internet

Hi Kim12,

The Toshiba windows 7? if so have you tryed resetting the wireless adapter by:

clicking 'Start', then type cmd in the box. In the command prompt type 'ipconfig /release' then press enter.
Now type 'ipconfig /renew' then press enter. This will reset the wireless adapter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533094/internet-has-local-only-access-and-will-not-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys i have a huge problem my computer detect a storng wifi signal there is no encryption its a open connection i can connect but it show me a error no internet access no internet access showing connect Internet but before days i was using wifi but now Internet connect but showing no internet access it shows me a Internet connect but showing no internet access error like no internet connection plz help me checks on ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users raj gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name raj-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter vodafone Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description vodafone Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - -BF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- - F-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday July AM Lease Expires Wednesday July AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-B -F - D-A - E-F -AE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigab it Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address F - D-A - E-F -AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D E -BB D- A-BA - EA B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A F- CC- -B - DEB DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E- - FAA- E F- B E A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a c a a c Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CCC - - EED-AA -FC E FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a db d cd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a db d cd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled i need you help nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey Everyone I have been stuck without Internet for an entire week after I purchased a new modem from Comcast No one seems to know what is blocking my computer from accessing the Internet It shows connections are available and that I do have Internet access I called Comcast and they said access is working! Internet available? internet I and not connections have are the issue wasn t on their end and that everything seemed fine with the router and modem They did a reset and suggested clearing my browsing data None of the two suggestions worked I then called my manufacturer CYBERPOWER and the tech suggested turning off and resetting the Internet is not working! I have internet access and connections are available? modem and router at the same time Obviously that didn t work either I then realized that it could be firewall blocking internet access or Norton Secuirty Suite I turned off Firewall and uninstalled Norton Secuirty Suite Still no internet Comcast also mentioned that buying a stronger wireless adapter might help solve the issue No luck All my devices and laptops work and connect to the Internet perfectly except my PC I ran a full scan on Norton Secuirty Suite thinking I had a virus that was causing this huge mess Adware was found and cleared I ran CMD as an administrator and typed in a couple of commands and reset my computer hoping it d work but it didn t I also checked out my proxy settings I decided to set up my desktop and monitor in the room near the modem and router For some odd reason my PC connected to the Internet without the ethernet cable My wireless adapter works fine that can t be the issue The room with the modem router and cable is in the room next to me The distance is not far at all I was hoping someone would be able to help me Any tips or suggestions are highly appreciated Thank you so much I have tried so hard to fix this issue but I m having no luck I have a Cyberpower PC Windows Chayse lt nbsp

A:Internet is not working! I have internet access and connections are available?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-not-working-i-have-internet-access-and-connections-are-available.1141456/
Relevancy 58.05%

I had a redirect virus on my computer and ran combofix. After reboot I can no longer access the internet, cannot get an ip address, system restore failed, and cannot repair LAN. PLEASE HELP! Attached is the log file. I had to borrow a friends laptop to write this post, so please get back to me soon. I don't have another computer.

A:No internet, tcp ip after running Combofix. Help! Need internet access!

You should not run Combofix without supervision, it can mess up your computer. Don't you see the warning around this site. Please folow this guide: Here and post the Combofix log Post it in that area

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433035/no-internet-tcp-ip-after-running-combofix-help-need-internet-access/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi,
Am using dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 home premium 64 bit , i have a free wifi in our collage when i give connect it was getting connected but there is no internet access i had tried with trouble shoot it was giving problem regarding DNS pls tel me how to use wifi

A:wireless internet connected but no internet access ?

Open network and sharing center, click Change adapter settings (Top left), double click your Wireless Adapter, Hit properties, Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), set both options to Obtain and address automatically (IP and DNS). Click ok and close all windows.

If troubleshooting still says it can't ping the DNS servers try repeating the steps above but set the second option to Use the following DNS server addresses:
Prefered DNS server: 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220
And try accessing the Internet again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179319-wireless-internet-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hi all
i recently uninstalled norton (had enough of it) and installed etrust armor now i can onlay access the internet using internet explorer ??? i cant update etrust and it doesnt work and scan without an update????

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I am new here and have been having some problems with my computer connecting to the internet I know my router modem is good because other devices connect to the internet just fine And I have been in other locations like home at work etc where the internet to the "Internet internet connect but not Access" says Computer does was working but still no connection I am pretty sure I have a malware issue as I recently had to remove some things through a malware program I have tried a number of things to try and resolve this such as checking to checking to see if the enable proxy server box was checked which it was not Computer says "Internet Access" but does not connect to the internet Also I have tried renewing the IP address and some other things and seem to Computer says "Internet Access" but does not connect to the internet be having no luck My computer will not connect to anything that requires Computer says "Internet Access" but does not connect to the internet an internet connection like browsers or programs like quickbooks that need to connect to update but I can connect to a wireless external hard drive server over the network If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Computer says "Internet Access" but does not connect to the internet

Have you tried resetting the winsock?

Type netsh winsock reset in an elevated command prompt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540505/computer-says-internet-access-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having this issue whereabout Internet Explorer is the only program able to access the internet I tried Mozilla it fails to only able is program access internet Explorer to Internet load and says it cannot access the internet Norton Anti-virus cannot access the internet either and as of now it came back with viruses and I cannot update its definitions to scan for possible new viruses I tried downloading the trial version of AVG and it as well cannot access the internet My initial concerns this is not my computer or I honoestly dont think i would even be in this situation I feel this is a malware im thinking its goal was to channel all of my internet access capability into one program Internet Explorer as my gateway so it could keep track of sites I've visited etc I was thinking this because Internet Explorer is extremely slow to load and also very slow when navigating from page to page ----------------------------------------------------- The above statements were my syptoms prior to following the quot Pre-Posting quot of thread steps I followed the first four steps had to leave and came home after allowing the updates for Windows XP to take place I then restarted the computer I am now ready to start step the actual posting I am not sure which of the steps actually fixed the problem or perhaps it was a culmination of the Internet Explorer is only program able to access internet four But this is my mother's computer fyi my mother attempted to connect to the internet before I could start finish step and miraculously or rather by the greater intelligence of the wonderful people here wipes nose everything is working correctly IE is near-instant again Page navigation is back to its fast speeds Firefox works AND the anti-virus im now using switching her to McAfee as its a Internet Suite free from our ISP is able to connect to the internet and I can make sure its up-to-date ----------------------------------- So if everythign is quot fixed quot why am I still posting I'm afraid that while the symptoms are cured the quot infection quot still remains I was wondering if anyone would suggest having me post some of the logs I've accumulated from the various programs I downloaded following Steps through And perhaps they can direct me as to what measures I can take now to further prevent more infections My DSS quot MAIN TXT quot File I attached quot EXTRA TXT quot as well ------------------------- Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Jan Marie on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Removed LiveUpdate Notice Symantec Corporation - - UTC - RP - Removed LiveUpdate Symantec Corporation -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Jan Marie exe ------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C Program Files Commo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-is-only-program-able-to-access-internet-206745.html
Relevancy 58.05%

To expand on the title a bit I can't go on anything that ranges from browsing the internet or playing games that require internet I usually use google chrome but no other browsers work When i click a browser it just loads forever I've tried some solutions online that range from clearing my DMS to going to my browser settings that not anything requires but access internet Internet can Connected This problem started ever since I restarted my labtop for one of Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet the scheduled windows update things I use windows x I've also tried disabling firewalll antivirus and restoring my computer to an earlier time Here is my ipconfig all if it helps Microsoft Windows Version Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name EricKim Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix pepperdine edu Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E -B - -CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Netwo rk Adapter Physical Address F -B -E - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday May AM Lease Expires Tuesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-B - -E -B - -CB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd cc ba f fef Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cc ba f fef Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -FC-B - -E -B - -CB NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt I very much appreciate any suggestions on how I can repair this issue Thanks in advance

A:Internet Connected but can not access anything that requires internet

Hi from Sevenforums,

Follow this to change the node from peer to peer to hybrid if you connect via a router.

How to Change Node Types With Regedit | eHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331995-internet-connected-but-can-not-access-anything-requires-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all...Im sure there is a post bout this somewhere but there are thousands of threads :/
But here we go.
My computer it connected to the internet wirelessly but i cant broswe the web or play video games online. I am an avid world of warcraft player but it tells me i cannot connect to the launcher.
The laptops that connect to the same internet work just fine though. I have tried to connect through an ethernet cord with no luck.
Any help? I can provide computer specs if i could remember where to find them.
Please and thank you for any help and time given to my issue

A:Have internet but cant access internet or play games

Hi Dunner4804 and welcome to TSF!

Can you please post a ipconfig /all from your non working computer with just one of your connections used. Doesn't matter if it is wired or wireless.

Also, something that you can try:

In internet explorer go to tools - internet options - connections - Lan Settings and make sure nothing is entered in the proxy area. If there is a check mark in the box, pleae remove, and then click the OK's to close. Then try the internet again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/have-internet-but-cant-access-internet-or-play-games-635890.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I can connect and access the internet wirelessly. I can connect but not access the internet when hardwired. I can ping the router and receive 4 positive replies. I have another computer connect via hardwire to the modem and it works fine. I've switched cables from one computer to the other and it made no difference.
I was was connecting and accessing the internet just fine a few days ago. I had to leave for a few days and someone else had access to my computer. They deny doing anything. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier point but it only had one restoration point from 1 day ago. The restoration made no difference. I've tried connecting via firefox and internet explorer but no luck. Any ideas?

A:computer is connected to internet but can't access internet

Your Default Gateway is your Router. Unplug the power plug to the Modem and the Router. Plug the power into just the Modem (unless you have a modem/router combo) When all the lights come up, plug in the power to the Router (unless combo of course)
Now Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-connected-to-internet-but-cant-access-internet-608282.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I run windows ultimate and it seems like Says Cannot But Computer Access Internet the Surf Internet. my wifi is acting up I can access the internet fine when i have a network bridge enabled used for xbox but I have a wifi adapter for it now but Computer Says Internet Access But Cannot Surf the Internet. when i unbridge the connection it says that I am connected to the internet via wifi card however I cannot surf the web When I go to diagnose the problem on my Wireless Network Connection I get problems each appearing different times when I diagnose And this problem And also for more info when I view the properties of my wireless adapter it shows the following Note the IPv Connectivity Status I really need to figure this out I use a Wrt N Router with the lastest firmware upgrade and a Macbook Pro Computer wireless Windows Vista wireless amp Xp wired run fine with it Also I can run a wired connection with the computer fine So I really don't know what the problem is Thanks in advance Tony N

A:Computer Says Internet Access But Cannot Surf the Internet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tony Noel

Hello,

I run windows 7 ultimate, and it seems like my wifi is acting up.

I can access the internet fine when i have a network bridge enabled ( used for xbox 360, but I have a wifi adapter for it now) but when i unbridge the connection it says that I am connected to the internet via wifi card, however I cannot surf the web.

When I go to diagnose the problem on my Wireless Network Connection, I get 2 problems, each appearing different times when I diagnose.

And this problem
And also for more info, when I view the properties of my wireless adapter it shows the following:

(Note the IPv6 Connectivity Status!)
I really need to figure this out!
I use a Wrt150N Router with the lastest firmware upgrade and a Macbook Pro Computer (wireless), Windows Vista (wireless) & Xp (wired) run fine with it.
Also I can run a wired connection with the computer fine. So I really don't know what the problem is.

Thanks in advance,

Tony N.

I am also connecting via bridge. In order to bridge something you have to have 2 diff networks connected (see my snip). There should be the wifi>bridge>something else (in my case wired)

Are all the networks shared? The errors seem to point to DNS. can you type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>IPconfig /all and upload a snip of the output

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99681-computer-says-internet-access-but-cannot-surf-internet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Toshiba Laptop with W- Owner uses only for internet everything browser No (Tried internet access connection--Have email etc Has no internet connection with IE Firefox Chrome in NORMAL mode Have a connection ipconfig OK can Ping sites Have a connection with all browsers in SAFE Mode Disclaimer-am IT for my own small SOHO PC business been a member here since I use a program called d II which is a System Repair Tool that can automate all my troubleshooting So far I have tried not necessarily in this order System Restore not available sfc scannow Cleaned with CCleaner Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Adwcleaner JRT Kaspersky TDDS Hitman Pro Combofix In addition I have done a complete Networking repair using quot Windows Repair AIO quot which checked Hosts Proxy settings Apply DHCP to all Nics Release and Renew Reset network interfaces Repaired Windows firewall When none of this worked I used Brink's Install Repair which didn't work I'll take any suggestions Please My last option is to create System Recovery Discs and bork the whole thing Pete

A:No browser internet connection--Have internet access (Tried everything

If it works in Safe Mode then a Clean Boot/Startup is usually a good next step to try:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351334-no-browser-internet-connection-have-internet-access-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So not sure if this is a Networking, Windows, or a Software problem. I am working on a Dell laptop with Windows XP SP3. I have an IP address and programs can reach the Internet to update (I. E. AVG, Malwarebytes, etc....), and I can ping, but both IE8 and Firefox will not work. IE8 just says connecting, and Firefox just crashes. It works in Safe Mode, but if I disable everything via msconfig (except networking components) and reboot, it still doesn't work. I turned of the firewall, I have rebuilt the TCP/IP stack, I reinstalled both browsers, and I have removed AVG. I am out of ideas!

Relevancy 58.05%

what can i do about this?

rts threshold 2347
802.11d disabled adapter advanced options

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : a
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast E
thernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-21-F4-2B-F2
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 802.11b/g Mini Card Wireless Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-21-C6-BE-C3
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 206.116.102.78
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 206.116.100.254
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 75.154.133.68
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\aa>

A:wireless internet connected but cant access internet

The subnet mask seems odd for the IP Address. If you go to a command prompt and ping yahoo.com, does it resolve? If not, ping the default gateway and DNS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connected-but-cant-access-internet.983841/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ihave had problems with this computer in the past connecting wirelessly to internet and had a friend fix it, issues with the ip adress I think. I am on a mac connected wirelessly in our house but when I tried my laptop it said it was connected but internet explorer couldn't open any pages. When I tried to repair it it said it needed to clear the arp cache. I followed directions from this site to do that which worked, the repair process completed with no other messages but I still can't connect. Everything looks right but I still can't connect! help!

A:laptop says it's connected to internet but i can't access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-its-connected-to-internet-but-i-cant-access-the-internet.854024/
Relevancy 58.05%

My users are unable to access the internet via Internet Explorer 7. With Firefox and changes in the proxy it works good, however, unable to access with Internet Explorer.
I'm thinking maybe the user's profile has problem. However, after deleting the user's profile and have her logged in to create a new profile, it still would not work.

How come it works with Firefox but not with Internet Explorer?

Relevancy 57.19%

To connect to the internet provided by our college one has to first connect the device either via Ethernet cable or WiFi Then go to the internet login portal local from a web browser and I of What type connection have?! internet do enter the Username and password provided by college If correct then one gets access to internet Local Network is accessible even if not logged in No change in proxy setting is required for it to work Edit After logging in from the browser all the other apps softwares can also access the internet The location of logging in inside the campus is also recorded What type of internet connection is this How does this work P S P P network most of the gaming and porn sites are blocked Also i do not understand the network settings in windows like tcp ip subnet etc proxy VPN and What type of internet connection do I have?! HTTP etc Can anyone please recommend a source for reading about this and understand it properly I am a college student and know more than average science maths nbsp

A:What type of internet connection do I have?!

This is a typical university network.

I'm not sure what you mean by "type of Internet connection". The university likely has multiple connections to their provider which is probably the leading cable/broadband provider in your area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-internet-connection-do-i-have.1136800/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all,

I'm a technician looking for a solution. Windows XP SP2, I can't type any text in Internet Explorer. I can type addresses in the address bar and that is working ok. Of course I already installed FireFox and Opera and no problem with that at all. SpyBot, Ad-Aware SE, Hijackthis already did their best for me. Can you ??

Maybe it has something to do with the registry...or a missing DLL file...I don't know !

A:Can't type in Internet Explorer

http://forums.techguy.org/security/459850-microsoft-update-ms06-015-908531-a.html

Follow the link at the bottom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-type-in-internet-explorer.462095/
Relevancy 57.19%

Just a quick question.
Is Cable different to ADSL, or?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Type of Internet

Yes, ADSL is (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line), which is delivered over the copper pair from the telephone company central exchange.

CABLE is typically a DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) and comes via the cable company's coax connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-of-internet.830522/
Relevancy 57.19%

Only the address bar can be typed in, any other text box in the page cannot be. I tired google, yahoo, facebook, etc etc cant type in any of theyre search boxes.

Running ie 9, upgraded from ie 8 because thought that might solve the problem, it didnt.

PS: tried emptying cache, resetting ie explorer.

A:cant type in IE internet explorer

Hi and welcome to TSF have you scanned for any viruses or malware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-type-in-ie-internet-explorer-611833.html
Relevancy 56.76%

We are using YMax connection for internet and I want to know how to call the black adapter which includes RJ45 cable and AC power cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-wimax-internet-connection-type.879953/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have Problems gaining a sufficient NAT NAT PSN Restrictions Internet cause this? Can - Type Problems Type or with my PS although I have followed all support I found in PSN NAT Type Problems - Can Internet Restrictions cause this? the internet At the moment I have set up my G Router Huawei B and PS as follows PS Wired Connection Auto-Detect Static IP Subnet-Mask Default-Router DNS DNS MTU Automatic Proxy Do not use UPnP Disabled Found advise to disable because it can affect the Connection Router Static IP assigned for PS Notebook etc like and so on Set DHCP Range to to Firewall is Disabled DMZ enabled for PS IP UPnP disabled SIP ALG disabled Port Mapping See attachement Also turning on UPnP wont affect the NAT Type Whereas I have followed all instruction found on the www and I dont get the NAT or and I am residing in Saudi Arabia I am thinking if Internet Restrictions by the government could cause this problem If yes are there any solution Like VPN or else Thanks -TechNoob- nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I was thinking to just dump my xbox out there in my DMZ of my home network but that leaves it blindly open. Are there any propogating xbox viruses out there that I would have to worry about contracting?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 56.76%

hi, i recently got my dad a new computer. it has a built in wireless adapter. like me, he prefers to keep his desktop plugged in to the router with a hard wire. however, the computer defaults to the wireless connection.

is there a way to set the hard wired connection as the default over the wireless.

for example...i click on the disconnect button on the wireless networks menu. its fine, disconnects from the wireless and the wired connection picks up. *** every time the computer is rebooted for whatever reason, the wireless is automatically connected again when i log in.

im sure its a simple fix, just can't find it.

thanks!
colin

A:how to set a primary internet connection type?

A desktop with a built in wireless card
What type of computer is this?

If it is an integrated card then you should be able to disable it in BIOs.
If it is an add-on card just remove the card from the pc and be done with it.
Or you can go into device manager and disable the wireless card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204293-how-set-primary-internet-connection-type.html
Relevancy 56.76%

recently when i was using the internet explorer... i was experiencing a problem... i can't type or highlight anything especially when trying to login at a website... i can't even type to login in some games... i can type in the google search bar, but i can't type in the google website...

please help..

ps. in case you're wondering, i'm using mozilla firefox right now to be able to post in this forum...

A:Can't type or highlight in Internet Explorer

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please do this:

Produce a list of IE add ons
Click Here to download StartUplist. Save it to your desktop.
Extract the files.
You should now have StartupList.exe double click on it.
Wait until it is complete.
Right click on Browser Helper Objects (BHO), click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in BHO.txt and click Save.
Now right click on ActiveX Objects, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in ActiveX Objects.txt and click Save.
Then right click on Internet Explore toolbar, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in IE toolbars.txt and click Save.
Last one, right click on Internet Explore buttons/tools, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in IE buttons.txt and click Save.

Open up the folder where Startuplist.exe is stored and locate thes files, please post them in your next reply:BHO.txt
ActiveX Objects.txt
IE toolbars.txt
IE buttons.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-type-or-highlight-in-internet-explorer-194425.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok I m fixing a friend s computer see log below when on won't typing Internet... only Keyboard or URL's text type...but and he just started about a week ago not being able to type on Internet Explorer but it works with any other software application AND it works with AOL IM I thought it might be a filled cache so I cleared that and history cookies etc still no go I thought it might be Internet Explorer so I downloaded Netscape same thing happens I went to Microsoft s website and looked for windows XP updates still same problem This just Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... started happening a week ago any thoughts I was thinking maybe needs updated keyboard drivers or something Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system cdromdrivesys exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Steve Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aimtoday com R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run CDROMDrivers cdromdrivesys exe O - HKLM RunServices CDROMDrivers cdromdrivesys exe O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files Common Files AO... Read more

A:Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet...

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-wont-type-but-only-when-typing-urls-or-text-on-internet.432222/