Windows Support Forum

Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

Q: Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I have a Sony Vaio (FZ290), and I'm pretty happy with it in general.
There are 2 problems however:

1) When I try and put it into standby, about half the time it doesn't go into standby, just turns off the screen, and keeps everything else on. The lights on the front indicate that it is still on, but the screen stays blank no matter what I do.
I've waited for 30 minutes for it to go into standby before cutting the power manually with the button...

2) When I do get it into standby, about half the time on resume from standby, explorer.exe crashes. I'm not sure why, but it's bloody annoying. It starts back up, however it is still annoying to have it doing that...

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I do not have SP1 yet, but I will be trying that today.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I was going to suggest SP1 but it looks like you're in the process.
I usually disable all of the power management in the BIOS, and let Windows take care of it.
I tend to be re-format happy, but the first thing I do when I get a new lappy is to reformat and get all that proprietary software off it. Ever see the mac comercial where the guy is all fat and blated? Anyway, factory laptops are installed via an image. Sometimes that image is less than perfect causing instability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-fz290-doesnt-go-into-standby-correctly-explorer-exe-crashes-on-resume.105231/
Relevancy 109.65%

Hey everyone!

I have a problem I've been trying to fix for a few months now to now avail. Some of you are probably aware that Windows 7 has been causing problems with laptop brightness controls. I've been through forums everywhere and tried installing Sony's drivers among others in various orders, but I'm not so sure that's the problem anymore, or maybe I just haven't come across the right combination.

Anyway, problem description:
Brightness control in Power Options and Windows Mobility Center works for a while after boot, sometimes when the laptop sleeps it disappears completely from those two, but when it hibernates, it always disappears. Also the Fn+F5/F6 controls don't work (ever), but the Fn key works for mute, scroll-lock, pause, break, mute and doesn't work for multiple display configuration switching, zoom and hibernate. Although I never used the switching, zoom or hibernate functions, even when I was on Vista.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FZ290 Brightness

I have this version 8.15.11.9040 of the NVidia driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62264-sony-vaio-vgn-fz290-brightness.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I am facing explorer problems on my Dell crashes standby from on resume Explorer 7 Bit 64 Windows Inspiron The explorer exe crashes and restarts 'most of the time' after I resume from standy Technical Details Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date Windows 7 64 Bit Explorer crashes on resume from standby PM Status Windows 7 64 Bit Explorer crashes on resume from standby Not reported Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aebab d Fault Module Name StackHash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cc b Exception Code c Exception Offset c ab OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information bd d b df d Additional Information f Additional Information f d a f dda c a e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date AM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aebab d Fault Module Name StackHash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cc b Exception Code c Exception Offset c ab OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information bd d b df d Additional Information f Additional Information f d a f dda c a e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date PM Status Not reported Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp aebab d Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cc b Exception Code c d Exception Offset a d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information d a aff b e c e Additional Information d Additional Information d c ccdaed b d a ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please someone help

A:Windows 7 64 Bit Explorer crashes on resume from standby

^ These are just some of the error reports. I have more, so if they would be helpful, then please do mention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150058-windows-7-64-bit-explorer-crashes-resume-standby.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a problem with another laptop.
When I turn it on, it says it is resuming and shows me only a black screen with the mouse arrow.
I tried running in safe mode and normal, but nothing.
Last night, I installed the drivers for a printer, and shut down the pc for the night.

Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgn-n320e-vista-blackscreen-resume.699937/
Relevancy 86%

Dear helpful people,

I've got a problem with my Windows 7 Sony Vaio PCV A1112m.

Following 'hibernation', which seems to be the sony word for sleep mode, the computer will no long boot up. I get as far as the 'Windows Resume Loader' but no further. Keyboard and mouse non-functional as they are both wireless, usb keyboard attempted and same thing. Can't enter bios to re-activate keyboard as I can't type F9.

Being an all-in-one, I can't seem to do anything, no form of input available to me. And I have no PS/2 slot to try old-school keyboard either.

Is there anything I can do?

I would be very grateful for your help. I have seen on other forums that this is a persisting issue within the Windows 7 communities, but have yet to find a solution.

Thank you kindly.

Relevancy 86%

I have Skype 4.1.0.179 on Win7 Pro (32-bit). It works fine generally and have no problem when it's up and running.

However, I rarely switch off my PC and put it into Hibernate or, occasionally, Standby instead. Whenever I resume from either of these states Skype crashes. I have no idea why. I don't really have any more information that I can give about this problem but it's annoying and I'd like to get it resolved.

Any ideas on what I should look for or try?

Thanks in advance.

A:Skype Crashes on Resume from Hibernate/Standby

Skype knows about the problem, but doesn't seem to have come up with a solution:

https://developer.skype.com/jira/browse/SCW-1378

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/76734-skype-crashes-resume-hibernate-standby.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 79.98%

hi
upgrade my Vaio VGN-FZ290 from Windows Vista to windows 7 -32bit...But i couldnt find its Graphic driver...my graphic driver is GeForce 8400M GT...
can anyone help me...?

A:cant find win7 32bit driver for GeForce 8400M GT (Vaio VGN-FZ290)

Hi nakhoda , try these NVIDIA DRIVERS 296.10 WHQL ,you really should use the Sony drivers even if it means using the Vista drivers in compatibility mode , Laptop manufacturers tweak the graphic drivers to run better on their machines

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/219717-cant-find-win7-32bit-driver-geforce-8400m-gt-vaio-vgn-fz290.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Sony tech support is shut until Monday...

Could someone help me with this strange problem. My girlfriends Sony VAIO notebook plays DVD's fine but does not recognise cd's.

It is pretty new and was pricy. I know for sure that this problem is at least a month old. It started with problems playing a spice girls cd. Then a rewritable cd a few weeks ago. Today the Sims CD didn't work. Finally the dots connected. Problem is with the CD reader.

I assume this is software related because DVD's play fine.

Could someone tell me where I should begin trouble shooting.

A:Sony Vaio doesn't recognise CD's

Do you have a bootable CD?

Do you know how to configure the computer to boot to a bootable CD?

If yes to both, do so. If it succeeds, you know the problem is within Windows or a program.

If it fails, you know the problem is the drive [ or possibly the bootable CD. Be sure to try > 1 bootable CD if the 1st one fails. ]

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-recognise-cds.686430/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an old Sony Vaio PCG FRV laptop that doesn t bootup It starts with a black screen with quot VAIO quot logo at center and intel inside at lower right side and stays there After - minutes it goes to a black screen and stalls I tried restarting but with the same issue It was sitting idle and shut down for a few months and I wanted to check to see if it is still working and last week it was working ok I bootup VAIO doesn't Sony was able to bootup although it was slow However it did not have any wireless network connection It couldnt detect any wireless networks and no wireless connection option in the networklist in control panel So i tried searching for wireless cards in device manager and no wireless card showed up in device manager So I tried Sony VAIO doesn't bootup to access setup from BIOS by pressing F as BIOS instructed me and that is when the bootup problems started Any help in the matter is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Sony VAIO doesn't bootup

What did you change in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-bootup.1021504/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I'm looking into why my son-in-laws Vaio VGN-FS115Z laptop doesn't power up. Would appreciate any pointers.

Have done all the obvious (reseated CPU, removed etc memory, run with power supply, checked out HDD elsewhere).

Symptons are :-

Power button works , turns machine on and off.
No backlight, no screen, no Bios beeps (even if you remove memory etc)
3 leds (Caps lock / Numlock / Shift lock) all stay on.
All chips get warm after a while.
No sounds (beeps or otherwise)
CPU fan doesn't seem to start up - not sure if it needs the CPU to get really hot first, though.
Almost as if it's lost a power line, or CPU is dead, but drive, battery, mains, wifi leds all come on and appear to work fine.

Any pointers gratefully received...

Cheers,

A:Sony Vaio doesn't power up

I've seen this on your identical model of laptop during a service for a client. We RMA'd it back to SONY and they ended up replacing the motherboard. At least that's what the cryptic service notes said when it was returned.

In my own technical opinion though it doesn't look good. When your motherboard doesn't respond at all...it's never a good thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-power-up.712389/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey, i've got a sony vaio pcg-4cap and when i turn the wireless on i get the blue screen of death.

I've seen suggestions about uninstalling the wireless driver and installing another/more up-to-date one, but i can't do that because i cannot get onto the internet on the vaio due to the wireless switch making it crash.

Any suggestions of what i can do?

It was working fine yesterday but now whenever the wireless gets turned on it just crashes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-wireless-crashes.897783/
Relevancy 75.68%

i have a sony vaio VPC, with windows 7 home premium, just 3 weeks old. when it starts up and starts detecting the wireless, most of the time it crashes and goes to the blue screen. sometimes it tries to connect and cannot, and then when i hit connect it crashes, or it crashes when i hit repair. after 2 or 3 times of going to the blue screen, it connects to wireless and works. but if i restart it crashes again (or not). i don't know what to do! there is no authorized sony repair center in the country. i dont know what to do...please help!

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi My Sony VAIO VPCEA FM yr mth has been crashing lately I would be on the internet IE with several windows open leave for about - min only to come back to a frozen screen and missing pointer The CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't help at all Neither does the Windows Start button The only way to restart is by pressing the main power button Upon which I will get that screen saying the computer had was improperly shut down and there are Sony 2mth) crashes (1yr VPCEA46FM VAIO options to start in safe mode etc I was on chat with Sony support who told me there are crucial registry issues corrupted or something and this was because I didn't have the laptop regularly optimized I didn't want to pay for their charges without seeing if there is anything else I can do first I did run VAIO care and was advised to download and install self heal patches But I wasn't able to do so That's when I contacted Sony's esupport Please help

A:Sony VAIO VPCEA46FM (1yr 2mth) crashes

I would steer clear of Sony eSupport myself, they like to sell you neatly packaged fixes that don't do anything particularly special.

Three top recommendations for you;
Run Wndows Update - Click START, ALL PROGRAMS, WINDOWS UPDATE.
Remove IE 9 and use IE 8 - Do this for testing purposes.
Download and use another browser that isn't such high maintenance, like Google Chrome.

Let us know how you get along.

/ Crit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-vpcea46fm-1yr-2mth-crashes-651411.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a sony vaio pcg-k115b, and it works fine 99% of the time, but sometimes it crashes quite spectacularly. The screen freezes for a moment and then streaks downwards, and then fades slowly to a white/light gray with dim spots. As far as i can tell, there is no softwae that causes it, it just happens. Has anyone got any ideas about this and maybe how to sort it out?

Thanks in advance

Jules

A:Sony Vaio Crashes to a Gray Screen

JJ,

This is absolutely positutely the strangest thing I have heard in I don't know how long! I've got no clue....at least I'm honest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-crashes-to-a-gray-screen.321533/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi!

Could anyone possibly help? This problem has been driving me crazy lately.
In the last few days, suddenly the CD drive on my Sony Vaio laptop only recognises certain CDs. It seems to play DVDs fine, but most of the CDs I've tried aren't even recognised when they worked fine a few days ago.
None of them are scratched & I wiped them all, but it still doesn't recognise them.
They seem to work fine on my CD player but not my laptop.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. Regards, Rachel.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 75.25%

I was working fine with my lap, then i hibernate it as i ever do it, and go take a shower...

I return, take my lap and head for school... When i arrived there, i try to turn on my lap, and it doesn't turn on anymore...

When i press the power button, the power LED turn on and stays, batt 1 and 2 flashes, but that's all... It doesn't start anything, neither show SONY on screen or turns on the HDD...

I have followed the steps on Sony support site, but it doesn't work =(

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thank you!

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G that I used System Mechanic Drive Scrubber to delete all old data. It also deleted the operating system (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2). When I try to install Windows XP the BIOS shows both RAIDO drives, but you cannot access them. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Even using a removable floppy drive, it won't boot because the BIOS doesn't recognize the USB port the floppy is plugged into. I found a forum somewhere that said I should unplug the BIOS and reinstall. I have no idea how to do that and cannot find a diagram of the motherboard to show where it is located. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot? I bought a new computer and wanted to give this one to a school, but it needs to be operable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgcrc210g-bios-doesnt-reconize-hard-drives.917672/
Relevancy 73.53%

Sony VAIO VGCRC210G BIOS doesn't reconize hard drives I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G and it dose not see the hard drives. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot?

Relevancy 72.24%

Plzzz Help.... I just buy a new sony vaio laptop, 4gb ram, windows7 HP, 1gb graphics, 64bit..... Windows explorer is hanging and or not responding, when i try to copy my file from Outer HDD its always happening (e.g. I want to copy musics, and i used control+A to copy all then its starting to hang or not responding, what should i do...

A:Sony vaio windows explorer

Hello Giansky26 and welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you tried copying just one file at a time? Does that work? Are you trying to copy to Windows Media Player or something else? Is the external HDD being recognized? Perhaps if you show a screenshot of your expanded Disk Management window it will give a clue about how the Vaio sees the external HDD.

How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236191-sony-vaio-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 71.38%

This Vaio had a trojan which was cleared by Malwarebytes but it still takes forever to open an explorer window or a context menu on a right-click It has a GB drive with 7 slow Explorer Vaio Win Pro excruciatingly - Sony GB free GB RAM soon to be increased to GB No Sony Vaio Win 7 Pro - Explorer excruciatingly slow esoteric programs running and uses just Microsoft Security Essentials Is there perhaps a root kit hiding here somewhere or any other clues as to what's going on Any help will be greatly appreciated Here are the Sony Vaio Win 7 Pro - Explorer excruciatingly slow DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Rik at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Windows system lxeacoms exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX integratedoffice exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare Monitor exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Users Rik AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x eFax Messenger J GTray exe C Program Files x Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files x Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcmon exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows sysWOW wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Users Rik Downloads aswMBR exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Hel... Read more

A:Sony Vaio Win 7 Pro - Explorer excruciatingly slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/524365 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524365/sony-vaio-win-7-pro-explorer-excruciatingly-slow/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some help. My boyfriend has shown me his Vaio Laptop with Vista and says he had a request pop-up about Windows explorer. Thinking it was Internet Explorer he hit deny and now trying to access any application or the control panel brings up the following message:

'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to acess the item.'

He has an administrator account and I can't see anything that looks like a virus - it seems like something windows related. I didn't see what he clicked and I have a Mac at the moment so I have no idea if it is a common problem or where to start on this - Vista looks different to Windows 98 that I remember! I have a feeling it is either very simple or very complicated...

Thanks for reading. Jo

A:explorer permission issues Vista / Sony Vaio

What program issued the question ? ( to which he chose deny )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-permission-issues-vista-sony-vaio.839719/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all, I recently got hold of a used Sony Vaio VGN-N29VN laptop, everything was working fine until I updated IE from 8-9 and now the touchpad doesn't work!! It works briefly before Windows 7 has fully loaded up on the loading screen but as soon as the desktop appears it stops.

Please help.

A:Touchpad not working after Internet Explorer 9 install Sony Vaio

Hello Teckniqs and welcome to Seven Forums.

See if you can access the Advanced Boot Options menu at startup. Does the touchpad work?

Advanced Boot Options

If yes, select Safe Mode and then access the Vaio Control Center. Make sure Pointing Device is enabled.

(Click Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center > Keyboard and Mouse > Pointing Device > Enable > Apply > OK.)

You could also try to access Device Manager through control panel > device manager. Then expand "Mice and other pointing devices" > right-click on the pointing device > select Update driver.

How Do I Open Device Manager in Windows 7?

You may need an external USB mouse if Safe Mode wont allow touchpad to work.

Of course, you could also uninstall IE9 (at least temporarily) and that should automatically reinstall IE8. You can troubleshoot issues using IE8 and then try reinstalling IE9.

Internet Explorer 9 - Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269585-touchpad-not-working-after-internet-explorer-9-install-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all this is my first post here but you all seem so very friendly and helpful so thank you for providing such a welcoming atmosphere My wife has a Sony Vaio laptop that seems to work just fine and she also has taken very good care of it over the years but it seems to occasionally and more regularly hang or freeze when in use It is typically within - minutes after it has been started Either everything will freeze or applications will stop responding and the mouse will still move but it is just a loading circle icon when hovering over the start menu This also tends to happen when the computer goes to sleep and then is woken or regularly explorer Sony laptop Vaio hangs freezes back up Here are the specs from the Sysinfo app Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus None I will run the suggested tools and post the results below Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,
I am using IE 8 on my laptop and IE 9 on my desktop. I have been having a lot of trouble with IE on both computers loading properly. I have attached screenshots of what I see when I try to load websites. The internet is also loading soooo slow....almost like I have dialup. :( I scanned for viruses with MBAM and it found nothing. I tried restarting my dsl modem, but that did not help either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to upload screenshots of what I see when my browser loads, but I keep getting this message:
This PNG image has the incorrect file extension.
Desktop: Vista SP2, IE9
Laptop: XP, IE8

A:Internet Explorer doesn't load correctly

I tried Google Chrome and didn't have any better results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-doesnt-load-correctly-626319.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Sometimes Windows Explorer seems to fail to correctly Windows Explorer sort doesn't sort files into the correct order In the attached image which is the list of files in the folder Receipts which you can see from the little arrow I have requested to be sorted Windows Explorer doesn't sort correctly in ascending order of file name why are the files ADCreceipt xx pdf ADCreceipt xy pdf ADCreceipt xx pdf and ADCreceipt xxSWREG pdf listed before the file ADCreceipt pdf Windows Explorer doesn't sort correctly By any sort algorithm that I can imagine ought to come before oughtn't it Is this possibly something to do with the strange phenomenon in recent versions of Windows that Explorer seems incapable of showing recently changed files i e files recently created deleted or renamed This gives some really strange effects such as when you delete a file and then rename a different file to the same name as the deleted file If you don't believe me try it Any suggestions on how to get around these problems Thanks - Rowan

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385774-windows-explorer-doesnt-sort-correctly.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Vista -bit Infected? doesn't explorer.exe correctly function Vista: Home Premium on -bit OS - Gateway dx Problem is that on restart some programs and functions will not work unless I kill and restart explorer exe For instance Infected? Vista: explorer.exe doesn't function correctly if I try to open any Administrative Tools I get an error quot Specified procedure could Infected? Vista: explorer.exe doesn't function correctly not be found quot I get the same error when I open certain programs After I kill and restart explorer exe everything seems to work properly I've run NOD and Bitdefender Malwarebytes adaware spybot superantispyware stinger and a-squared None of them found anything significant Thank you for taking a look at this I don't know if I'm infected or if there is some other system problem Logfile of Infected? Vista: explorer.exe doesn't function correctly Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exeC Program Files x Rainlendar Rainlendar exeC Windows CNYHKey exeC Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Windows MHotKey exeC Windows ChiFuncExt exeC Windows ModLedKey exeC Program Files x Eset nod kui exeC PROGRAM FILES X PROCESSEXPLORER PROCEXP EXEC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch M DX -UB AR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com nwshp hl en amp tab wn amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch M DX -UB AR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch M DX -UB AR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch M DX -UB AR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - HKLM Run LchDrvKey LchDrvKey exeO - HKLM Run LedKey CNYHKey exeO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files x Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run WinPatrol quot C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe quot -expressbootO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Startup Rainlendar lnk C Progr... Read more

A:Infected? Vista: explorer.exe doesn't function correctly

Additional info re my problem: when UAC is disabled everything seems to function properly; that is, all programs start, no error messages and no need to restart explorer.exe. Thanks again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173577/infected-vista-explorerexe-doesnt-function-correctly/
Relevancy 66.22%

I tried to put my computer into standby the other night, that worked fine, however when i came to resume from standby by pressing the power button, i heard all the internal fans, hard drive etc turn on, but my USB keyboard and mouse both remained off, along with my monitor.

I've got a DFI Lanparty nF4 UT SLI-D

In the bios i've set it up for ACPI support (think thats right?)
i'd prefer to use S3 STR rather than the S1 POS because i leave my system for long amounts of time and the fans annoy me when i've put it into S1.
Also i've got the latest bios.

thanks in advance

A:Cannot Resume from S3 standby

Try shutting off any Bios settings that refer to system power down, it is best if there is a setting that 'allow O/S to control' .Then just use windows power settings. They usally work the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-resume-from-s3-standby.45313/
Relevancy 66.22%

My computer developed an annoying new problem: When I try to resume from StandBy, it seems to start up, then goes back into Standby again, then tries to resume. Repeat ad infinitum.

Last night, I installed a Windows update (KB980182 - IE fix), updated the Realtek (network) driver (from Windows update), updated FileZilla, and updated Adobe Download Manager (actually, I think it uninstalled). None of these seem like likely culprits.

Should I try a system restore to see if that resolves the problem? Has anyone else seen this problem and figured out a way to solve it?

A:Cannot resume from StandBy

Hi.

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75910-cannot-resume-standby.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you may offer I put this computer together from on resume but BSOD sometimes standby, only April and installed Windows XP on a G drive In April I installed a second hard drive a Gig Velociraptor and installed an OEM version of Windows Home Premium x XP is still on the first BSOD on resume from standby, but only sometimes hard disk and I do not dual-boot On November I upgraded from Gigs Corsair RAM to Gigs Crucial RAM I've been getting BSOD after resuming form sleep mode for a week or so If I go into sleep mode and then resume right away BSOD on resume from standby, but only sometimes there is no problem otherwise the computer may reboot when I resume from standby I may get to the logon screen and enter my password before BSOD reboots the system My wife who has her own logon told me that quot the computer has been acting weird lately quot She told me this morning that she couldn't launch a browser to send an email The problems may have started after I used CCleaner but I'm not sure I have one unknown device in device manager that has had no driver since the W install but it hasn't been a problem After using Uniblue's driver scanner to update drivers I have an additional items that cannot start two Microsoft ISATAP Adapters and a Teredo Tuneling Pseudo-Interface I believe that the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff is zipped with the system health report I've not zipped files before this Again thank you for any help you may offer P S I've tried system restore but the problem remained

A:BSOD on resume from standby, but only sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by naughtymonkeybo

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

I put this computer together April 2008 and installed Windows XP on a 640G drive. In April 2011 I installed a second hard drive, a 300Gig Velociraptor, and installed an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium x64; XP is still on the first hard disk, and I do not dual-boot. On November 12, 2011, I upgraded from 2Gigs Corsair RAM to 4Gigs Crucial RAM.

I've been getting BSOD after resuming form sleep mode for a week or so. If I go into sleep mode and then resume right away, there is no problem; otherwise, the computer may reboot when I resume from standby. I may get to the logon screen and enter my password before BSOD reboots the system.

My wife, who has her own logon, told me that "the computer has been acting weird lately." She told me this morning that she couldn't launch a browser to send an email.

The problems may have started after I used CCleaner, but I'm not sure.

I have one unknown device in device manager that has had no driver since the W7 install, but it hasn't been a problem. After using Uniblue's driver scanner to update drivers, I have an additional 3 items that cannot start (two Microsoft ISATAP Adapters and a Teredo Tuneling Pseudo-Interface.)

I believe that the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 is zipped with the system health report; I've not zipped files before this.

Again, thank you for any help you may offer.

P.S. I've tried system restore, but the problem remained.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206355-bsod-resume-standby-but-only-sometimes.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've just built a PC of the following spec AMD Athlon II X Crucial GB single channel DDR - ASUS M A GTD PRO USB latest BIOS tried after experiencing problem for the first time WD Black GB on-board graphics HD Corsair CX PSU Win HP I've reinstalled it a few times out of desperation trying different routines drivers disabling all optional on-board devices etc It's the same board as I have in my own PC which resumes from S fine but about of the time this computer doesn't even if I use the power button to wake it The power LED just carries on flashing Holding down the won't from Computer resume standby power switch for gt Computer won't resume from standby seconds does nothing and I have to switch off the PSU directly When I switch the computer back on if Computer won't resume from standby hybrid sleep is enabled the computer thinks it has resumed successfully and says as much in the log when really it has used the hibernation data to resume I've also tried getting all the latest Windows and driver updates disabling USB selective suspend hybrid sleep forcing S in the BIOS and quite a few other bits I've reset the BIOS several times including removing the battery and tried not touching any BIOS settings etc I also tried IDE and AHCI setups of Windows Based on something I read I downloaded the Windows SDK and used the performance analysis software in it to monitor the S standby resume process but even the summary XML is a long read and I have no experience with this software previously The only things I've noticed that are out of the ordinary are the same bits of info that are in the event log entries for when the computer has 'resumed' being the 'BIOS init duration' and the 'hibernation read duration' but I think those are just indicators that the problem has happened particularly the latter The 'BIOS init duration' is about during a successful resume and zero when it doesn't succeed

A:Computer won't resume from standby

Quote: Originally Posted by mikeymikec

I've just built a PC of the following spec:

AMD Athlon II X2 250
Crucial 2GB (single channel) DDR3-1333
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 (latest BIOS tried after experiencing problem for the first time)
WD Black 500GB
on-board graphics (HD 4290)
Corsair CX430 PSU
Win7 64 HP

I've reinstalled it a few times out of desperation, trying different routines, drivers, disabling all optional on-board devices, etc. It's the same board as I have in my own PC which resumes from S3 fine, but about 50% of the time this computer doesn't, even if I use the power button to wake it. The power LED just carries on flashing. Holding down the power switch for >5 seconds does nothing, and I have to switch off the PSU directly. When I switch the computer back on, if hybrid sleep is enabled, the computer thinks it has resumed successfully and says as much in the log, when really it has used the hibernation data to resume.

I've also tried getting all the latest Windows and driver updates, disabling USB selective suspend, hybrid sleep, forcing S3 in the BIOS, and quite a few other bits. I've reset the BIOS several times, including removing the battery, and tried not touching any BIOS settings, etc. I also tried IDE and AHCI setups of Windows.

Based on something I read, I downloaded the Windows 7 SDK and used the performance analysis software in it to monitor the S3 standby/resume process, but even the summary XML is a long read and I have no experience with this software previously. The only things I've noticed that are out of the ordinary are the same bits of info that are in the event log entries for when the computer has 'resumed', being the 'BIOS init duration' and the 'hibernation read duration', but I think those are just indicators that the problem has happened, particularly the latter.

The 'BIOS init duration' is about 350 during a successful resume and zero when it doesn't succeed.

Hi
In two other oldest similar cases like urs in the first computer the reason was a damaged motherboard and in the second case problematic memory.
So for the moment try to install and use any other compatible memory.
-------------------
And please post back with any results!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167523-computer-wont-resume-standby.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hey i have a dell 4600 xp sp3 home...1.5gb of ram,,,, new hard drive samsung hd253gj 250gb 7200rpm sata 2 16mb cache...i ran memory and hard drive test and found no errors and i ran hardware diagnostics and found no errors...i fail to resume from standby everytime .. i either get problem 1 or 2

problem 1

no video from resuming standby..ati radeon x1650 256mb ddr2 memory

problem 2
pc power trips off while resuming requiring normal boot up...i get this rarely on the ati card an i get this always on the onboard video card

is this a power supply problem?
power supply is dell 250 watt power supply

A:Fail to resume standby

see if you can borrow another power supply to try in it with a min output of 18a on the 12v line

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fail-to-resume-standby-510483.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I bought a new mobo and it's working fine except that it takes about 20 seconds to resume from S3 standby! I googled around, it looks like it's a drivers issue (i'm using all the up to date drivers from the manufacturer's website), any way to troubleshoot it?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd450388.aspx

..what is this? is there a tool like this?

Anyway, i really need someone to confirm that it's not a hardware issue, or else i'm gonna have to return the motherboard and get a new one!

Specs:
GA-G41M-ES2L
Windows Xp SP3

thx

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,
Since I bought a TBS 6981 tv tuner card, I'm getting no signal from both tuners after the first or sometimes the second resume from standby. The DVBViewer shows 2% signal strength and seems to be occupied every 2-3 seconds. I get the problem even if the player was closed before going to standby.

Though after resume the device manager doesn't show any problems for the TBS device (or any other), the only way I found to get back a signal is to restart Windows.
My system:
GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev. 1.0
ATI HD 4550
TBS 6981 (drivers 2.0.0.5, 8, 11, 14 all the same)
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Anyone has the similar experience, please your ideas.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-signal-after-resume-from-standby.996583/
Relevancy 65.36%

whenever the system goes to standby on its own or by my choice, it wont resume, i have to force a restart by pressing the power on button

A:wont resume after standby

A start, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265644/wont-resume-after-standby/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have set the Windows XP (SP2) power options to go into standby mode when I close the lid on my laptop (HP Pavilion ze5715ca). However, when I open it up again, the screen is black (maybe the monitor is off?) and nothing will happen (windows won't start up again, even if I use the touchpad or press any keys). What's going on and how do I fix this?

Relevancy 64.93%

Every time I put my computer to sleep or hibernate and wake it up, the computer resumes to a screen stating "Windows failed to shut down correctly" A recent hardware or software change might be the cause and I'm asked to choose how to restart.Quite similar to the screen I would get after a crash.
Any insight on this issue?

Arturo

A:Win 7 does not resume correctly after sleep

Just FYI - I had this same issue With Win7 and an Asus P6T Deluxe v1 motherboard. The only solution I found was to upgrade to the P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard.

So, I'd suggest updating these drivers first:
- chipset
- storage
- video

Then I'd suggest providing this info so we can get a better idea of what's going on: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

And, while waiting for a reply, try these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-does-not-resume-correctly-after-sleep-548808.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Every time I put my computer to sleep or hibernate and wake it up, the computer resumes to a screen stating "Windows failed to shut down correctly" A recent hardware or software change might be the cause and I'm asked to choose how to restart.Quite similar to the screen I would get after a crash.
Any insight on this issue?

Arturo

A:Win 7 does not resume correctly after sleep

Is this a clean install, factory install or in-place Upgrade?

Troubleshoot the issue by checking the logs for events at the time of suspend and resume.

Next try updating your display driver, or try another Win7 or Vista driver: Driver Install - Device Manager.

Here is the tool used by Pros to trace these issues: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1402...resume-issues/

If this doesn't help, try running SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

As a last resort before clean reinstall, try a Repair Install

Tips for getting a purrfect clean reinstall - use the ones which apply: re-install windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142876-win-7-does-not-resume-correctly-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello gday i have a dell and i recently changed my hard drive from a gb to a gb an i restored an image of the windows xp home the new drive is a samsung but whenever i enter standby an resume its either the monitor does not come on or i get bsod error this only happens when resuming from standby hibernation works properly i know it cant be the new hard drive as i checked it for errors i did memory check perfectly fine and it cant be windows becuz the backup i made everything was working perfectly an they were locked up in an archive file so they wont get corrupted please help urgently thanks you SYTEM SPECS CPU Intel Ghz Single Core GPU ATI Radeon X XT RAM GB Hard Drive Samsung hd gj rpm gb SOUND Soundblaster Live PSU Watt i have uploaded the minidump file from using blue screen view those were the two that were highlighted that were seemed the problem is coming i tired reflashing the same bios an it didnt work could it be that my power supply is too weak becuz i have a WATT and i thought it was standby cannot resume Computer Urgent the video card causing the problem but i took dat out an i used the onboard graphics an i got the Computer cannot resume standby Urgent same problem i have the latest bios for the motherboard so i have no idea if its the motherboad cant handle the new gb hard drive Computer cannot resume standby Urgent I Computer cannot resume standby Urgent dont know if to reflash the bios again to see if it will work i will try that please tell me anything else i can do nbsp

A:Computer cannot resume standby Urgent

please do not create duplicate posts for the same issue. respond here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/945520-computer-not-resuming-standby.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cannot-resume-standby-urgent.945620/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am running Win XP SP on a machine with about Ghz processor and GB RAM resume High from after standby usage CPU When I resume from standby Task Manager shows about CPU usage on the Performance tab This doesn t map to the info on the Processor tab which shows about system idle process if I AM using other programs like a web browser and shows about System Idle Process and quot System quot process if I am NOT using any programs In neither case is there a process or a set of processes that is using Services exe and svchost exe are listed at usage The number on the Performance tab may go up if I ve done multiple resumes from standby without a restart in between not High CPU usage after resume from standby sure about that because I haven t tested that recently If I do a shutdown and start up or a restart the Task Manager shows - CPU usage I have recently done exhaustive scans for malware and they were all clean I have also recently reinstalled the OS onto a brand new hard drive for unrelated reasons hard drive hardware failure However I don t think the reinstall or the new hard drive is causing the problem because I had the exact same problem before I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled the OS I have a second PC with basically the same hardware and software and it does not exhibit this high CPU usage statistic when resuming from standby So High CPU usage after resume from standby maybe it s some device on the affected PC that s taking system resources when High CPU usage after resume from standby resuming The main hardware difference between the two PCs is that the affected PC has a backup hard drive while the unaffected one does not Two questions - Is this high CPU usage statistic correct i e providing info about what s really going on given that it doesn t match up with what the Processes list shows Can I investigate that further - If it is correct what can I do to diagnose or fix the thing that may be causing the high CPU usage after resuming from standby Thanks for any ideas Roger

A:High CPU usage after resume from standby

This is a problem that had plagued me for nearly a decade. I tried all the suggested fixes on the net, such as resetting the hosts file, complex tweaking of registry entries, none of that mattered.

I gave up trying to solve it and instead I always depended on a work-around fix. After resuming from hibernate or sleep I would issue a "DEVCON RESCAN" command (caps not required) from the run prompt or even from task manager's file > new task (run) prompt. Or more usually, from a simple bat file and a click to a shortcut to it.

Then one day the problem miraculously disappeared. I narrowed it down to the fact that for once I resumed from a hibernate without having my USB media-card-reader plugged in. It finally made sense, as I was having boot-up problems on a notebook too whenever I would leave a USB terabyte drive plugged in.

Remove any removable media devices from your USB ports. Leaving a DVD or CD in a drive might even cause it.

If that hasn't fixed it for you, then depend on the "devcon rescan" work-around fix after resuming from hibernate or sleep. (It's the same as going to your device manager and rescanning for hardware changes.) With Windows remembering your last run-commands issued, it's usually a simple matter of just re-selecting it from the drop-down list. (If you haven't tweaked your system to clear that history, that is.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422253/high-cpu-usage-after-resume-from-standby/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok hi guys on my work lappy I ve always had a bit of a problem with the Graphics situation switchable graphics one integrated Intel one and an ATI one for extended battery life but it s now gotten to a highly irritating stage Now any time I go to put the & Standby BSOD resume from on Hibernate laptop to BSOD on resume from Standby & Hibernate sleep either in Standby or Hibernation it Bluescreens with the message quot BAD POOL CALLER quot I ve no real idea what has caused it but BSOD on resume from Standby & Hibernate the background to all this is that when I was using the official Lenovo driver every now and again the ATI driver that they used would just crash during use and Bluescreen also with that driver every now and again on BSOD on resume from Standby & Hibernate resume from standby the display wouldn t turn on and I d have to do a hard-reboot this was documented and quite a few other people were going through the same thing on the Lenovo forums in the thread that detailed it there were two accepted solutions with switchable graphics switch to the intel one and stay there now because I m constantly doing D graphics development that wasn t acceptable obviously so the other option was to completely remove all instances of the ATI driver and whatnot then disable the switchable graphics leave the ATI card on only download the official driver from ATI mod if with mobility modder NET and install that that s when my standby and hibernate went bye-bye anyone got a clue it s driving me nuts I ve included the last two dumpchecks for analysis and if anything else is needed just ask I d love to get to the bottom of this nbsp

A:BSOD on resume from Standby & Hibernate

Both Dump files implicate "inspect.sys" part of comodo software.

It "could" be an underlying hardware issue though.

Either remove/replace Comodo software or try their forum for more help on the issue

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-resume-from-standby-hibernate.796573/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a problem. I just upgraded to Windows 7 HP 32bit and it seems that frequently when resuming from sleep or standby that my system locks up within a few minutes.

It seems that it is generally when getting started on the internet and it does not matter which browser I use.

I have attached my dump files and they all seem to be very consistent in regard to the culprit being ntoskrnl.exe.

Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this very frequent issue?
Thanks in advance

A:system freezes upon resume from standby

anyone? It seems to be quite constant and does it everytime I pick up my laptop and use it from stand by.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190018-system-freezes-upon-resume-standby.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I know this is not uncommon but I'm hoping someone will see this who has successfully resolved the issue I'm getting BSODs when resuming from S standby sleep in Vista The time from resume to BSOD is usually just a few minutes but sometimes the system will run until shutdown then crash on shutdown Otherwise everything seems rock solid Just cannot resume from S without blue screen eventually The blue screen info is different each time IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT etc I have Memtested both banks of memory on BSODs from x64 Resume Vista Standby S3 for over Vista x64 BSODs on Resume from S3 Standby hours several times with absolutely no errors reported Runs benchmarks and every app I throw at it no problem I have the latest drivers and BIOS from Gigabyte and Nvidia all the updates from MS If I remove DIMM and fall back to GB the problem goes away It appears the GB of RAM is making my system unstable Anybody have any clues Gigabyte GA-P -DS L BIOS F E Core Duo Ghz Mhz FSB MB L SuperTalent x G DDR - PC CL - - - T UX GC Seagate GB SATA mb HD EVGA GT MB Superclocked Edition Ultra X-connect X -watt Vista x SP

A:Vista x64 BSODs on Resume from S3 Standby

Anybody else having trouble getting Vista x64 to work stably with 4gb of RAM?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/171142-vista-x64-bsods-resume-s3-standby.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have my using a without to way standby from resume button? XP power there Is the husband's computer set to go on standby in the mode where all harddisks and fans etc shut off I used dumppo exe to make the minimum sleep state at S He said he would like to be able to roll his mouse in order to get the computer to come Is there a way to resume XP from standby without using the power button? back on as opposed to having to press the power button but he does not want to use the standby mode where all his fans harddisks CPU etc remain on during standby Is there a way to actually do this He has a USB mouse and USB keyboard both connected to a PS adapter I know there is a thing in his BIOS about the computer returning from sleep using PS mouse or keyboard but he is not technically using PS I am not sure that there is actually a way to do it since basically everything is powered down Anyone know Not a big issue he just wants it for convenience

A:Is there a way to resume XP from standby without using the power button?

There is sometimes confusion between Standby and Hibernate. The setting you described is hibernate and requires the power button to wake up. Standby is the one that utilizes the mouse or sometimes the keyboard to reactivate. I prefer to just shut down and reboot which the computer needs from time to time anyway. One danger in Hibernate is that if there's a power failure, unsaved data goes bye-bye.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-there-a-way-to-resume-xp-from-standby-without-using-the-power-button-629636.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a multiboot setup that seems to be running fine except when I use the standby function while running in Windows XP Professional SP I have physical disks sda HDD with WinXP Pro as primary partition Ubuntu on second partition and sdb SDD with Win on the only partition both connected using SATA AHCI I m using Boot-US as my bootmanager currently it runs from a floppy disk as I didn t want to overwrite my MBR just yet so that I can boot from my different operating systems Before I added the second disk with fresh install of Windows I system standby resume won't MultiBoot from used GRUB to choose between WinXP and Ubuntu at boot time If I don t use Boot-US floppy disk I can boot into Windows MultiBoot system won't resume from standby XP using GRUB Regardless of bootmanager used the standby issue is present Everything seems to be working fine except when I put the machine into standby while running in WinXP then the machine will not resume successfully Fans spin lights illuminate and even the MultiBoot system won't resume from standby monitor senses signal powers on but stays black but nothing is displayed and the keyboard inputs are not recognized My only option is a hard reboot If I disconnect my SDD drive from the motherboard standby and resume works fine in WinXP How can I get this setup to work with both drives connected It seems the motherboard or Windows XP won t tolerate the presence of a second boot drive during the resume process Any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469730/multiboot-system-wont-resume-from-standby/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm getting BSOD x0000001E crashes whenever I resume from S3 standby. I have never successfully completed a sleep/standby cycle on this PC since I built it and I need my PC to sleep in order to get work done as time permits.

A:BSOD x0000001E on resume from S3 Standby/Sleep

It looks like your BSOD is being cause by your Marvell sata controller driver:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mvs91xx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mvs91xx.sys
Probably caused by : mvs91xx.sys ( mvs91xx+3b890 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Driver Reference Table - mvs91xx.sys

Looking at the time stamp on the driver it may be out of date, it is best to check too see if there is an update:

Code:
kd> lmvm mvs91xx
start end module name
fffff880`014e8000 fffff880`0157a000 mvs91xx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: mvs91xx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\mvs91xx.sys
Image name: mvs91xx.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 09 04:50:58 2012 (5073E572)
CheckSum: 00050AB0
ImageSize: 00092000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
you can check here for updates: Marvell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282810-bsod-x0000001e-resume-s3-standby-sleep.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, just bought a new Shuttle SN41G2, XP Pro, integrated Nvidia MX graphics. After de-installing Kerio Firewall, the computer seems to go into standby OK. When I resume, though, the desktop is displayed correctly at first, but after only a few seconds the taskbar disappears and the computer is locked up (I can move the mouse pointer, but I am unable to bring up any sort of processes or do anything in windows).
When I bring it up from Hibernation, it reboots without any message after the 'resuming windows' progress bar.

Has anyone encountered this disappearing taskbar? I've disabled all kinds of Nvidia services and processes startups. Otherwise I don't have too much of drivers that should create this problem.

Ideas, anyone?

A:Standby resume problem - disappearing taskbar

Perhaps instead of de-installing Kerio Firewall maybe you should have simply disabled it. Your machine should still be under warranty. Take it back to your retailer, tell them what you did and let them put things to right. This is what I would do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-resume-problem-disappearing-taskbar.175910/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Machine has been blue screening on resume from s standby and restarting itself This happens sporadically and I can t see a pattern in and bluescreening restart standby Random on resume s3 the behaviour Below is the error message and after that I have listed my current driver list All of which are up to date Please help I m out of ideas Thanks Alex Using WIndows Home Premium Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP AA F BCP B AE BCP D OS Version Service Pack Product Drivers are as follows Code C gt driverquery Module Name Display Name Driver Type Link Date ohci OHCI Compliant Ho Kernel ACPI Microsoft ACPI Driver Kernel AcpiPmi ACPI Power Meter Drive Kernel ActivHidSerM Promethean Serial Boar Kernel adp xx adp xx Kernel adpahci adpahci Kernel adpu adpu Kernel afcdp afcdp File System AFD Ancillary Function Dri Kernel agp Intel AGP Bus Filter Kernel aic xx aic xx Kernel aliide aliide Kernel amdagp AMD AGP Bus Filter Dri Kernel amdide amdide Kernel AmdK AMD K Processor Drive Kernel AmdPPM AMD Processor Driver Kernel amdsata amdsata Kernel amdsbs amdsbs Kernel amdxata amdxata Kernel AppID AppID Driver Kernel arc arc Kernel arcsas arcsas Kernel AsIO AsIO Kernel AsUpIO AsUpIO Kernel AsyncMac RAS Asynchronous Media Kernel atapi IDE Channel Kernel AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Dr Kernel AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Sca File System AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redir Kernel b bdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel b nd x Broadcom NetXtreme Gig Kernel Beep Beep Kernel blbdrive blbdrive Kernel bowser Browser Support Driver File System BrFiltLo Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel BrFiltUp Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel Brserid Brother MFC Serial Por Kernel BrSerWdm Brother WDM Serial dri Kernel BrUsbMdm Brother MFC USB Fax On Kernel BrUsbSer Brother MFC USB Random bluescreening and restart on s3 standby resume Serial Kernel BTHMODEM Bluetooth Serial Commu Kernel cdfs CD DVD File System Rea File System cdrom CD-ROM Driver Kernel circlass Consumer IR Devices Kernel CLFS Common Log CLFS Kernel CmBatt Microsoft ACPI Control Kernel cmdide cmdide Kernel CNG CNG Random bluescreening and restart on s3 standby resume Kernel Compbatt Compbatt Kernel CompositeBus Composite Bus Enumerat Kernel crcdisk Crcdisk Filter Driver Kernel dc d MS Hardware Device Det Kernel DfsC DFS Namespace Client D File System discache System Attribute Cache Kernel Disk Disk Driver Kernel drmkaud Microsoft Trusted Audi Kernel DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsyste Kernel ebdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel elxstor elxstor Kernel ErrDev Microsoft Hardware Err Kernel exfat exFAT File System Driv File System fastfat FAT File Syste File System fdc Floppy Disk Controller Kernel FileInfo File Information FS Mi File System Filetrace Filetrace File System flpydisk Floppy Disk Driver Kernel FltMgr FltMgr File System FsDepends File System Dependency File System fvevol Bitlocker Drive Encryp Kernel gagp kx Microsoft Generic AGPv Kernel GEARAspiWDM GEAR ASPI Filter Drive Kernel hcw cir Hauppauge Consumer Inf Kernel HdAudAddServ Microsoft UAA Func Kernel HDAudBus Microsoft UAA Bus Driv Kernel HidBatt HID UPS Battery Driver Kernel HidBth Microsoft Bluetooth HI Kernel HidIr Microsoft Infrared HID Kernel HidUsb Microsoft HID Class Dr Kernel HpSAMD HpSAMD Kernel HTTP HTTP Kernel hwpolicy Hardware Policy Driver Kernel i prt i Keyboard and PS Kernel iaStorV iaStorV Kernel iirsp iirsp Kernel intelide intelide Kernel intelppm Intel Processor Driver Kernel IpFilterDriv IP Traffic Filter Driv Kernel IPMIDRV IPMIDRV Kernel IPNAT IP Network Address Tra Kernel IRENUM IR Bus Enumerator Kernel isapnp isapnp Kernel iScsiPrt iScsiPort Driver Kernel kbdclass Keyboard Class Driver Kernel kbdhid Keyboard HID Driver Kernel KMWDFILTERx HIDServiceDesc Kernel KSecDD KSecDD Kernel KSecPkg KSecPkg Kernel lltdio Link-Layer Topology Di Kernel LMIInfo LogMeIn Kernel Informa Kernel lmimirr lmimirr Kernel LMIRfsDriver LogMeIn Remote File Sy File System LSI FC LSI FC K... Read more

A:Random bluescreening and restart on s3 standby resume

Hi,

Please follow these instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2545708

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bluescreening-and-restart-on-s3-standby-resume-506243.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all, Lately I've run into an odd problem where my Wifi card (intel 6205) stops working after resuming from standby. Everytime I open my laptop lid (from standby), the wireless card seems completely disabled. Windows shows it as enabled in control panel, but no wireless networks show up (even though I know there are a bunch of random networks in my neighborhood). Toggling the physical hardware switch does nothing to resolve this, neither does disabling and reenabling the wireless adapter in the control panel. The only fix I know for this right now is by right clicking the adapter and clicking "Diagnose". From there, it detects that "Wireless is turned off." It does some funny business and then the adapter works again.. Does anybody know whats going on??

A:Wifi stops working after resume from standby

I have just had my x220 for a few days but I found out immediately that it would not connect to the wifi network after coming out of sleep.  I downloaded and installed the latest driver for the intel card (first installing power management, access connections and hotkey.  But it randomly did not respond after sleep.  Device manager reported that the card had error code 10--would not start.  A restart did not solve the problem.  It needed a shutdown and once needed battery removal and pressing the on button to remove flea energy.  But I discovered by changing the wifi card and network adapter settings so that they are not shut down that wifi is always present on waking from sleep.  The question I have is how much power am I losing by using these settings.  The frustration level is way down  but if I lose a large amt. of battery life it will be more frustrating.  Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-stops-working-after-resume-from-standby/td-p/497033
Relevancy 64.07%

Is there a way to configure a USB device to bring your computer out of standby or screensaver in the same way your mouse or keyboard will in Windows XP? Specifically I have a few game controllers I want to do this with.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

A:Allowing USB devices to resume standby/screensaver

well, a friend of mine has a sidewinder precision pro joystick, and it is a usb device, and if you hit a button on the joystick, it wakes up his machine from any stage of sleep. i am not sure if all or only some pc's do this. his is an asus mainboard with a 900mhz athlon. his mainboard has the usb ports on it, next to the mouse. his machine does this regardless of what os is on it.

perhaps yours wont, or you have to find out how to tell it to, but his had an instinct to do it.

i doubt this will be of any help...

LOL

~BoB~

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/allowing-usb-devices-to-resume-standby-screensaver-5183.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys New to these forums long S3 fresh mode, From a boot... is standby resume time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one My From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot... Asus ROG G JS is a great machine Just updated to the anniversary update This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly My laptop support page has several out of date drivers I have this issue with stock drivers windows recommended drivers as well as latest drivers I can personally dig up driver booster latest No matter what the configuration over the last major updates my S standby no longer works My computer enters standby as normal The power light blinks as if it's in standby But when I resume the From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot... computer boots fresh I have an identical machine that belongs to a friend - hers works perfectly I've tried her same driver config with no luck I've tried fresh formats multiple times The problem persists I've replaced my CMOS battery I've re-flashed my bios I used display driver uninstaller to remove and reinstall both my built in graphics drivers I've tried realtek audio drivers I managed to fix it once with graphics drivers for my Intel HQ Intel HD graphics chip On a previous windows build The computer also has an Nvidia m For some reason every time there is a feature update It gets messed up again And my previous driver fix isn't doing anything this time Level tech support at Microsoft tried to assist me remotely before my show at EDC I do live visuals at big concerts with this machine Microsoft managed to destroy my partition table trying to help me Don't ask me how then tried to tell me my computer isn't windows compatible I spent the next hours rushing to fix it In the interim I am using hibernation It works fine especially with my SSD But I'd prefer S sleep so I can wake the computer with USB devices or my keyboard I know windows is odd with drivers surviving across updates Can someone give me some insight on How to troubleshoot this I assume it's graphics related Hopefully a similar experience with a fix Thx in advance

A:From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot...

Originally Posted by Monsieurtalbot

I have an identical machine that belongs to a friend - hers works perfectly ...!

Any difference in her memory config (bios settings, brand used, quantity installed)? You mentioned everything but memory in your comprehensive testing to date. I assume neither of you are overclocking; correct? If you have more than one stick of memory installed, you might try testing your S3 recovery with only one stick installed at a time. Who knows?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/59313-standby-s3-mode-resume-fresh-boot.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm running XP home on an HP Pavilion ze2000 series laptop. I keep it password protected due to a nosey 4-year-old nephew of mine. Lately it's not accepting my password when I log in from standy/hibernation(not sure if it's just one or the other). It doesn't happen all the time. It's happened maybe 3 times in twice as many resumes.

Caps lock isn't on. No key is being held down. I just don't get it.

A:Xp Won't Accept Password After Standby/hibernate Resume

I understand this is a 2007 thread, but I'm facing the same problem now. Every time I put the computer on standby and then come back and start it again, it asks for the password (which is how I want it, I don't want to remove the password), but it won't accept the password at all. I've entered it some 15 to 20 times at a stretch, making sure about the Caps and Num locks, and looking at the keyboard and typing each key slowly so that I'm not making any mistake, but nothing works, it just keeps giving the message that the password is wrong. Then when I restart, it immediately accepts the password. This has started just two days ago.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103233/xp-wont-accept-password-after-standbyhibernate-resume/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Machine has been blue screening on resume from s standby and restarting itself This happens sporadically and I can t see a pattern in the behaviour Below is the error message and after that I have listed restart on bluescreening s3 standby and Random resume my current driver list All of which are up to date Please help I m out of ideas Thanks Alex Using WIndows Home Premium Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Random bluescreening and restart on s3 standby resume Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP AA F BCP B AE BCP D OS Version Service Pack Product Drivers are as follows C gt driverquery Module Name Display Name Driver Type Link Date ohci OHCI Compliant Ho Kernel ACPI Microsoft ACPI Driver Kernel AcpiPmi ACPI Power Meter Drive Kernel ActivHidSerM Promethean Serial Boar Kernel adp xx adp xx Kernel adpahci adpahci Kernel adpu adpu Kernel afcdp afcdp File System AFD Ancillary Function Dri Kernel agp Intel AGP Bus Filter Kernel aic xx aic xx Kernel aliide aliide Kernel amdagp AMD AGP Bus Filter Dri Kernel amdide amdide Kernel AmdK AMD K Processor Drive Kernel AmdPPM AMD Processor Driver Kernel amdsata amdsata Kernel amdsbs amdsbs Kernel amdxata amdxata Kernel AppID AppID Driver Kernel arc arc Kernel arcsas arcsas Kernel AsIO AsIO Kernel AsUpIO AsUpIO Kernel AsyncMac RAS Asynchronous Media Kernel atapi IDE Channel Kernel AvgLdx AVG Free AVI Loader Dr Kernel AvgMfx AVG Free On-access Sca File System AvgTdiX AVG Free Network Redir Kernel b bdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel b nd x Broadcom NetXtreme Gig Kernel Beep Beep Kernel blbdrive blbdrive Kernel bowser Browser Support Driver File System BrFiltLo Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel BrFiltUp Brother USB Mass-Stora Kernel Brserid Brother MFC Serial Por Kernel BrSerWdm Brother WDM Serial dri Kernel BrUsbMdm Brother MFC USB Fax On Kernel BrUsbSer Brother MFC USB Serial Kernel BTHMODEM Bluetooth Serial Commu Kernel cdfs CD DVD File System Rea File System cdrom CD-ROM Driver Kernel circlass Consumer IR Devices Kernel CLFS Common Log CLFS Kernel CmBatt Microsoft ACPI Control Kernel cmdide cmdide Kernel CNG CNG Kernel Compbatt Compbatt Kernel CompositeBus Composite Bus Enumerat Kernel crcdisk Crcdisk Filter Driver Kernel dc d MS Hardware Device Det Kernel DfsC DFS Namespace Client D File System discache System Attribute Cache Kernel Disk Disk Driver Kernel drmkaud Microsoft Trusted Audi Kernel DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsyste Kernel ebdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel elxstor elxstor Kernel ErrDev Microsoft Hardware Err Kernel exfat exFAT File System Driv File System fastfat FAT File Syste File System fdc Floppy Disk Controller Kernel FileInfo File Information FS Mi File System Filetrace Filetrace File System flpydisk Floppy Disk Driver Kernel FltMgr FltMgr File System FsDepends File System Dependency File System fvevol Bitlocker Drive Encryp Kernel gagp kx Microsoft Generic AGPv Kernel GEARAspiWDM GEAR ASPI Filter Drive Kernel hcw cir Hauppauge Consumer Inf Kernel HdAudAddServ Microsoft UAA Func Kernel HDAudBus Microsoft UAA Bus Driv Kernel HidBatt HID UPS Battery Driver Kernel HidBth Microsoft Bluetooth HI Kernel HidIr Microsoft Infrared HID Kernel HidUsb Microsoft HID Class Dr Kernel HpSAMD HpSAMD Kernel HTTP HTTP Kernel hwpolicy Hardware Policy Driver Kernel i prt i Keyboard and PS Kernel iaStorV iaStorV Kernel iirsp iirsp Kernel intelide intelide Kernel intelppm Intel Processor Driver Kernel IpFilterDriv IP Traffic Filter Driv Kernel IPMIDRV IPMIDRV Kernel IPNAT IP Network Address Tra Kernel IRENUM IR Bus Enumerator Kernel isapnp isapnp Kernel iScsiPrt iScsiPort Driver Kernel kbdclass Keyboard Class Driver Kernel kbdhid Keyboard HID Driver Kernel KMWDFILTERx HIDServiceDesc Kernel KSecDD KSecDD Kernel KSecPkg KSecPkg Kernel lltdio Link-Layer Topology Di Kernel LMIInfo LogMeIn Kernel Informa Kernel lmimirr lmimirr Kernel LMIRfsDriver LogMeIn Remote File Sy File System LSI FC LSI FC Kernel LSI SAS LSI SAS Kernel LSI SAS LSI SAS Kernel LSI SCS... Read more

A:Random bluescreening and restart on s3 standby resume

Kindly post minidumps for analysis to see what may be causing these issues, you can find them c:\windows\minidump. Please zip (in case there are multiple dumps) them together in one file and attach it with your next post. Also provide us with detailed specifications of your system. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bluescreening-and-restart-on-s3-standby-resume.151753/
Relevancy 64.07%

Whenever I resume from either Standby or Hibernate, my d:/ drive is missing. I cannot locate it with any standard Windows diagnostic or administrative tool.
Using Windows XP Home SP3.
Running:
1 x Seagate 500 GB HD (c:/) system drive
1 x Seagate 160 GB HD (d:/) for music and photos
1 x Western Digital 160 GB HD (e:/) for storing video clips
1 x Western Digital 80 GB HD (g:/) for creating DVDs
1 x DVD/CD player (f:/)
When I do a restart or full reboot, the drive reappears. It is listed in the available drives using F2 on system startup.
System description:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.99 GB RAM
Physical address extension.

Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows XP on a Athlon XP 2100+, 512 mb ddr333 ram, ati radeon 9100 128 mb vid. card, wd 40 gb hard drive.

Previously i had been running XP without a hitch with the same setup only i had a Quantum 20gb hard drive instead.

On resume from standby mode and resume from hibernation, i get this stop message.

0x0000008E (0XC0000006, 0XBF87CB42, 0XF813EBAC, 0X00000000)

The message continues to include something about win32k.sys

I can't find anything regarding this specific stop message and have updated my BIOS and drivers, without any success.

When I installed the new hd, i found that if i hooked it up as the master device, the computer would not recognize my master cd-rom drive, so i left it as a slave device.. could this have anything to do with the problem?

A:BSoD on resume from standby and hibernation mode

normally you would run your h/d as master on eide 1 and your cd rom on eide 2 or as a slave on eide 1
hibernation is not used by most as it can cause problems
check here
http://www.google.com/search?q=0x0000008e&sourceid=opera&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-resume-from-standby-and-hibernation-mode.154818/
Relevancy 64.07%

My laptop is an HP Compaq Presario with AMD Turion 64 2.0 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80GB HDD using Windows XP SP3. I was able to restart/standby/hibernate the laptop without any problem until recently. But now, though it can enter restart/standby/hibernate status smoothly, it would not wake up or resume most of the times. Only the lights for power, volume etc. would come up but the screen remains blank and there would be no light from the USB mouse. The hard disk indicator would not blink and the system sound will gradually become louder (may be it is heated up).

However, when I press the power button for a while, the system shuts down and it would resume/wakeup from whatever state it was before from hibernation or standby or restart.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-resume-from-hibernate-standby-restart.919472/
Relevancy 64.07%

When the system is in Standby mode and there are CD's in either of my drives (Secondary IDE channel - 1 DVD on Master and 1 CDRW on slave) the system will resume from standby where the monitor comes on and the desktop will appear in about 5 seconds. When I try to access Internet Explorer immediately after resuming the system will temporarily freeze until the CD or DVD drive is accessed. Is this normal and is there a way to optimize my setup. If the drives are empty the system functions normally without any hesitation.

A:Temp System Freeze when resume from standby

I don't do Standby, but my guess is it's probably normal, just another annoying XP Pro quirk. When the PC comes back from Standby, XP probably wants to poll all the storage devices, especially the removables, to see what's out there. My guess is since Windows Explorer knows about the CD media, and Internet Explorer is tightly integrated with Windows Explorer, using one triggers action by the other.

Another likely thought is that at one time you viewed an HTML document that was sitting on a CD, and now IE thinks it has to check all CD's for presence of that. If so you might try clearing the History and maybe the Temporary files. You might have even stored a link to a CD in your Favorites. Last resort: maybe there's a Cookie that knows about some particular CD.

Or maybe the antivirus software is waking up to make sure nobody swapped in a CD having a virus-laden boot sector. I get antivirus delays a lot, like any time I launch almost any app for the first time in a boot cycle... IE, WordXP, Wordpad, you name it; Acrobat taking the longest of all.

Beyond that I'm not sure, so I'm moving this over to the Windows XP forum to see if anyone over there has a better answer.

-clintfan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f25/temp-system-freeze-when-resume-from-standby-11771.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Weird problem has started happening out of the blue on my Windows box Been working fine for a standby/sleep Win7 failure, x64 Resume from few years now all of a sudden it has stopped resuming properly from standby First it starts up but the screen shows nothing - it will stay like this for hours if you let it So I have to do a hard-shutdown When it restarts it says 'RESUMING WINDOWS' - despite hibernation Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64 being disabled It then kind of manages to boot but programs etc fail to load properly so I have to do a full restart It proceeds to do a chkdsk on C which fixes several new errors every time like quot deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record xxx bad file records processed reparse records processed indexes Deleting index entry xxxx complete Everything is then fine unless you do another 'standby' Done a bit of reading searching around but not found anything that helps yet Things I have tried already System restore to before the problem started happening Full Windows 'upgrade' repair Updated NVIDIA graphics drivers One twist to the story is that when I checked power options I found hibernation disabled AND greyed out When I try to re-enable it using the command line quot powercfg hibernate on quot it gives me this error The system could not create the hibernation file The specific error code is xc Any help you can Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64 give would be much appreciated as I really want to avoid having to do a fresh Windows install - I have tons of audio apps installed that all need authenticating etc and it's a real hassle

A:Resume from standby/sleep failure, Win7 x64

Ok well I think I've answered my own question after all that. For reference - install all latest MOBO drivers folks, think my Win install was using generics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155638-resume-standby-sleep-failure-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys New to these forums long time computer nerd scratching my head how to troubleshoot this one My Asus ROG G JS is a great machine Just updated to the anniversary update This problem has been something ive struggled with endlessly My laptop support page has several out of date drivers I have this issue with stock drivers windows recommended drivers as well as latest drivers I can personally dig up driver booster latest No matter what the configuration over the last major updates my S standby no longer works My computer enters standby as normal The power light blinks as if it's in standby But when I resume the computer boots fresh I have an identical machine that belongs to a friend - hers works perfectly I've tried her same driver config with no luck I've tried fresh formats multiple times The problem persists I've replaced fresh a boot... is From standby S3 mode, resume my CMOS battery I've re-flashed my bios I used display driver uninstaller to remove and reinstall both my built in graphics drivers I've tried realtek audio drivers I managed to fix it once with graphics drivers for my Intel HQ Intel HD graphics chip On a previous windows From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot... build The computer also has an Nvidia m For some reason every time there is a feature update It gets messed up again And my previous driver fix isn't doing anything this time Level tech support at Microsoft tried to assist me remotely before my show at EDC I do live visuals at big concerts with this machine Microsoft managed to destroy my partition table trying to help From standby S3 mode, resume is a fresh boot... me Don't ask me how then tried to tell me my computer isn't windows compatible I spent the next hours rushing to fix it In the interim I am using hibernation It works fine especially with my SSD But I'd prefer S sleep so I can wake the computer with USB devices or my keyboard I know windows is odd with drivers surviving across updates Can someone give me some insight on How to troubleshoot this I assume it's graphics related Hopefully a similar experience with a fix Thx in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59313-standby-s3-mode-resume-fresh-boot.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there I am running XP SP with all patches I have drives in the box an EIDE and a SATA I am using the onboard Win XP Promise Hard STANDBY Drive Missing after from RESUME FastTrack Controller from the ASUS website It is the most recent version If I look at Disk Drives in Device Manager I see of these Promise Stripe RAID SCSI Disk Device I have the st drive EIDE partitioned as C amp D The second SATA is one big drive E My problem is this when I suspend the box S and then resume drive E is gone It does not Hard Drive Missing after RESUME from STANDBY appear in Windows Explorer or in Device Manager A reboot is the only way I ve found to get it back Any ideas on this I thought of updating the RAID drivers but according to the ASUS site I have Hard Drive Missing after RESUME from STANDBY the latest I also think my machine may be underpowered but I m not sure I cannot get at the PS in such a way as to determine the wattage The drive that is missing on RESUME seems to quot click quot a lot from time to time which makes me suspect power issue The machine has no other issues with the HDDs except this one when I RESUME Any all help appreciated TIA UberNewf nbsp

A:Hard Drive Missing after RESUME from STANDBY

You should not assume that all drivers and hardware in a desktop PC is compatable with Hibernate or Standby modes, as it has never been that simple.

The modes are primarily designed for laptop hardware, so incompatabilities are expected in other cases.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-missing-after-resume-from-standby.429803/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Folks, This is my first post. so go easy on me;-)

I switched on my PC after 1 year of no use(apple imac distracted me for a while).
The message "operating system not found" appears when it boots up. I put in the Sony Recovery disk, bit it could not read it. As Sony didn't provide a spare copy of XP, how do I get back up and running? Do I have to change the motherboard battery? any advice much appreciated.

I Hope you Christmas is Merry and peaceful.

Cheers,
Dryfly

A:Sony Vaio Desktop PCV-RX305 Windows XP now missing, no disks supplied by Sony

Call Sony Tech Support if you are the registered owner or buyer. They will provide a disk set for a small fee ($27) for six years after purchase, or until they run out.
Your only other choice is to buy the disk online at some place like ebay, or buy Windows Home (still available for $82) or Windows XP Professional for $135.
The motherboard battery should not be bad, but if it is, you can get a replacement (CR2032) at Wal-Mart ofr $3.67 or on eBay for $2.58.
The recovery disk may be good, and it is your optical drive that has gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-desktop-pcv-rx305-windows-xp-now-missing-no-disks-supplied-by-sony.140193/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'd like to reinstall Windows 98 on a Sony Vaio N505VE, but it requires a Sony CD drive. When I purchased the laptop 4 years ago, it came with a Backpack CD-Rom Drive. A few months ago, I researched online and I seem to recall a website that gave instructions on how to reinstall Win98 without the Sony drive, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
Lisa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-requires-sony-cd-drive-to-reinstall-win98.141896/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i tool to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-slows-at-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads-653161.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i took to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

A:SONY VAIO Slows At Start Up, Before SONY Logo Loads.

If I'm understanding correctly, your Vaio is taking about 7-8 seconds longer to start. At shutdown you're getting a black screen and it's taking a few seconds longer than what you're used to. But is everything else in between (opening programs, searching on the internet, etc) working OK?

If it is, my first reaction is to say don't worry about it. I have a VPCEB47GM and it takes about 10 seconds for the Sony logo to appear and about 50 seconds total to be able to use Windows 7. On shutdown I usually get a black screen for about 5 seconds but the rest of the shutdown process takes about 30 seconds to finish.

Do you know what your BIOS settings were before you took the machine into the repair shop? If you do, you could compare them to how the BIOS is set now. But if you don't know how the BIOS was originally configured, I wouldn't be changing anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237958-sony-vaio-slows-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a BSOD Standby; on Resume on black from screen startup and Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP SP I have problems BSOD on waking from Standby mode about of the time - must reboot Error message is Kernel Stack Inpage Error Codes are Stop x xc E xc E x x DB Beginning dump of physical memory This has been going on for a couple of months When it first happened I could think of no new software that I had added recently I m also getting a black screen on startup about of the time Messages Primary hard disk drive not found Strike F key to continue F to run Setup Utility When I hit F key the error message just repeats endlessly have to reboot to get out F does bring up the Setup Utility but I have no idea what to do on that screen Here is my HighJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support BSOD on Resume from Standby; and black screen on startup AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxddserv exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS system lxddcoms exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hallmark Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe Planner PLNRnote exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files SanDisk SanDisk TransferMate SD Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp verizon http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net mycomcast R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http verizon... Read more

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all Got quite a challenging situation to crack System details Intel R Pendium R Dual CPU E ghz Windows Xp Service pack GB of RAM Graphic card is integrated - Intel Graphics Media Accelarator Driver It's quite decent being able to play PES with a sound graphic display Standby procedures I used a program to only wake up my computer automatically It was successful in doing so until recently Recent Troubles I was having problems with my internet connection I thought it was my mistake and attempted to solve - mode Standby Screen properly resume freezed! won't the situation by going to the control panel - Administrative tools - services There I changed the DHCP client COM Event system and COM Event application from manual to automatic As this didn't cut it I Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed! set everything back to defaults and were already automatic It was on my ISP provider's end that the problem were and ultimately they solved it by changing my port of connection What they told me Its Just after that event that I noticed my screen was blank when being automatically woke up Actual Problem When the program through scheduler task is automatically triggered to wake my computer from standby the harddisk did wake up green light stop blinking and Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed! I hear the Power Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed! fan went back on but not my screen The light remains orange not turning to green as it should My keyboard remains dead also I noticed that on some attempts only my number lock light would get on but would freezed No response occurred when pressing on any keys I used an optic mouse which light did stayed on I've tried to manually wake my computer by pressing on the start button the result is the same as describe above I then have to shutdown the pc by keeping the start button pressed for seconds after which I will get a scandisk procedure indicating that windows was not normally shutdown Observation In device manager - IDE ATA ATAPI controllers there is a duplicate for my primary IDE channel and secondary IDE channel Under the heading quot Processors quot Intel R Pendium R Dual CPU E ghz is also duplicated There was also a duplicate for the Plug and play monitor I uninstalled one of them but its back again Any input will be much appreciated Thanks

A:Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed!

Standby is the one where the CPU and RAM stays "live", but everything else shuts down, or is the one where the data in RAM gets dumped to the HD ?

I'd want to know if the HD has errors or not, and if the memory is good or not.

The scandisk (chkdsk?) may not be normal. Have you ran a full chkdsk ? Did it find any errors ?

Use memtest86 to test RAM.

Check Event Viewer and look for Errors that may give us a hint.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/standby-mode-wont-resume-properly-screen-freezed-408732.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I used the program DriverMax to update several of my computer's drivers. After updating the "PCI Standard ISA Bridge" I get BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe+75c00) when coming out of standby. (I see the login screen, cursor flashes, BSOD)

Things I have already tried:
I don't have a restore point before the problem.
I reinstalled all drivers from PC manufacturer and rolled back others, still having BSOD.
-for the particular ISA driver, it came from Windows and I could only roll back the driver.
sfc /scannow finds nothing.

The SF Diagnostic package is attached for more detailed information.

Thanks for any help!

A:BSOD on System Resume from Standby after installing PCI ISA Driver

F4 is usually a hard drive/storage related error. How old is your hard drive?

Code:
1. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\OneUp03\SF_27-06-2013\062713-118747-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`04a1c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`04c5f670
Debug session time: Thu Jun 27 10:59:41.606 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:18.102
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80077f1b30, fffffa80077f1e10, fffff80004d98350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\OneUp03\SF_27-06-2013\062313-51090-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03e0a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0404d670
Debug session time: Sun Jun 23 21:28:53.673 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:06.169
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80079d29e0, fffffa80079d2cc0, fffff80004186350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\OneUp03\SF_27-06-2013\062313-34429-01.dmp]

Product: WinNt, suite: Termina... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295470-bsod-system-resume-standby-after-installing-pci-isa-driver.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all Got quite a challenging situation to crack My System details Intel R Pendium R Dual CPU E ghz Windows Xp Service pack GB of RAM Graphic card is integrated - Intel Graphics Media Accelarator Driver It s quite decent being able to play mode Screen Standby resume - properly won't freezed PES with a sound graphic display Standby procedures I Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed used a program to only wake up my computer automatically It was successful in doing so until recently Recent Troubles I was having problems with my internet connection I thought it Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed was my mistake and attempted to solve the situation by going to the control panel - Administrative tools - services There I changed the DHCP client COM Event system and COM Event application from manual to automatic As this didn t cut it I set everything back to defaults and were already automatic It was on my ISP provider s end that the problem were and ultimately they solved it by changing my port of connection What they told me Its Just after that event that I noticed my screen was blank when being automatically woke up Actual Problem When the program through scheduler task is automatically triggered to wake my computer from standby the harddisk did wake up green light stop blinking and I hear the Power fan went back on but not my screen The light remains orange not turning to green as it should My keyboard remains dead also I noticed that on some attempts only my number lock light would get on but would freezed No response occurred when pressing on any keys I used an optic mouse which light did stayed on I ve tried to manually wake my computer by pressing on the start button the result is the same as describe above I then have to shutdown the pc by keeping the start button pressed for seconds after which I will get a scandisk procedure indicating that windows was not normally shutdown Observation In device manager - IDE ATA ATAPI controllers there is a duplicate for my primary IDE channel and secondary IDE channel Under the heading quot Processors quot Intel R Pendium R Dual CPU E ghz is also duplicated There was also a duplicate for the Plug and play monitor I uninstalled one of them but its back again Any input will be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Standby mode won't resume properly - Screen freezed

Update XP to Service Pack 3, and include all the other missing Critical and Optional MS updates while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standby-mode-wont-resume-properly-screen-freezed.133669/
Relevancy 63.64%

Toshiba is helping in Windows 8 problems with old Notebooks and Windows 7.
The Problems seems to be hardware related, but i should contact microsoft.

Where schould i contact for Windows 8 resume/standby problems with this notebook.
any microsoft support contact would be helpful?

thanks

J?rgen

A:Portege z830-11J - Windows 8 - resume/standby problems

Hi Juergen

I don?t think that Microsoft would be able to help you? Usually the notebook manufacturers are responsible for the own products?

If you have any problems regarding the notebook functionality, you have to contact the Toshiba authorized service provider in your country additional you can call the Toshiba hotline.

You can also ask the here the user community for some advice, assistance, etc?

This Z830-11J is definitely Win 8 supported as you can see the model number here in the Win 8 compatibility matrix: http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/checkWindows8Compatible.do?service=EU

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70257-Portege-z830-11J-Windows-8-resume-standby-problems
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

New HP/Compaq NC6220 laptop. With the wireless adapter enabled (through the OS, not through the dumb button/HP wireless assistant) I've noticed the annoying fact that the laptop will not resume from Standby or Hibernate.

If I completely disable the wireless adapter, it seems to recover just fine. I want to just be able to shut the damned lid, walk somewhere, and recover without having to do an 11 step process.

In Winders, I have Exceed, PGP desktop, NAV2005, Cisco VPN client, MS Office starter resident, and pretty much all the default services running. I've tried shutting one/all of them down before I attempt standby.

Laptop is dual booting, XP and Debian. Only happening in XP, haven't poked around too much.
ACPI is working in Debian, I have script to ifconfig wireless down on standby. So it's happy.

Anybody have these woes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-nc6220-hang-on-resume-from-standby-hibernate.393945/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi guys!
Any time I go to put the laptop to sleep, either in Standby, or Hibernation, I get a Bluescreen when starting it up again.
It says:"BAD POOL CALLER - ...C2 ".

Maybe it's the graphic card - a Nvidea 8600GT - but I'm already using the latest drivers...

Can anyone help me out?

THX!

A:BSOD VISTA32 - Bad Pool Caller - on resume from Standby & Hibernate

Hi Dennisius,

1. Was there any change to the laptop just before these DUMPs started?

2. If you could post more minidump examples, that would be very helpful. Diagnosis from just one example is very iffy. The dump you attached is from last year. You have not current examples?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-vista32-bad-pool-caller-on-resume-from-standby-hibernate.805885/
Relevancy 62.35%

Help Windows Explorer either doesn't start ot starts crashes and restarts every few seconds I was doing some system cleaning and also moved the Adminstrative My DOcuments folder so I don't know if that played a role Here is my Hijack This Log File in the hopes you can make a difference C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live start Explorer or doesn't crashes WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run UfSeAgnt exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe quot O - Extra context menu item Explorer doesn't start or crashes E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C Explorer doesn't start or crashes - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dll' missingO - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http apple speedera net qtinstall info a meInstaller exeO - DPF CB E -C - D - A - - http toolbar google com data en big g GoogleNav cabO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLLO - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLLO - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service Acronis Scheduler Service AcrSch Svc - Acronis - C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeO - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exeO - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service Kodak Camera Connection Software KodakCCS - Eastman Kodak Company - C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeO - Service Trend Micro Central Control Component SfCtlCom - Trend Micro Inc - C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeO - Service ML- Status Monitor Service SM ml FUService - Unknown owner - C Program exe file missing O - Service Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service TMBMServer - Unknown owner - C Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exe quot service file missing O - Service Trend Micro Proxy Service TmProxy - Trend Micro Inc - C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmProxy exeO - Service Acronis Try And Decide Service TryAndDecideService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exeO - Service TuneUp Drive Defrag Service TuneUp Defrag - TuneUp Software GmbH - C WINDOWS System TuneUpDefragService exeO - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe

A:Explorer doesn't start or crashes

I did a virus scan and found out there was a rojan which was called up with explorer. I removed it and it works fine now.
Amateur PC Maker

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176666/explorer-doesnt-start-or-crashes/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been told that one cannot just attach your resume that is in Word to my Yahoo email. Told it isn't viewed properly. Am told there is a way to do it but can't get anyone to tell me how nor can I find where to get the info. I only know computer basics.

Thanks,

Kay

A:How to attach Resume in Word to Yahoo email so it is viewed correctly.

If you attach it in attachments and it will be sent by Yahoo! email.

How it would be shown depends on where you sent it and how the receiver opens email (using email clients, web mail and then what kind of web mail). In most email clients and email websites it would be shown as an attachment and wont be opened unless you click on it. While other email websites like GMail would give you an option to view it as html, view using google documents or download.

So it all depends who opens your email and how.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266033/how-to-attach-resume-in-word-to-yahoo-email-so-it-is-viewed-correctly/
Relevancy 61.92%

Just a heads up for anyone having problems with your desktop flashing and explorer crashing and unwanted pop ups in internet explorer Most people run Vundo fix exe and try and resolve this problem but i had a case where that didn t work I searched and adware in and Crashes, Ups Pop detect doesn't IE Explorer anything searched the internet to try and figure out what the problem is and i Explorer Crashes, Pop Ups in IE and adware doesn't detect anything couldn t figure it out Adware and other spyware programs said that my system was fine also Avast and AVG said it was fine also But i found a way to get rid of this problem Download http www superantispyware com downloadfile html productid SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE this is the free edition It will resolve this Explorer Crashes, Pop Ups in IE and adware doesn't detect anything problem for you It also fixes a problem where Windows media Player will not stream video on the internet in any Browser IE Firefox but works fine when using it without the browser Hopefully this will be helpful to someone because i know that when i had this problem i was so close to reinstalling my operating system or buying a new PC Also other symptons of this problem Explorer Crashes, Pop Ups in IE and adware doesn't detect anything are explorer exe processes running Hopefully this can help you out too Good Luck nbsp

A:Explorer Crashes, Pop Ups in IE and adware doesn't detect anything

I thought you are telling the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-crashes-pop-ups-in-ie-and-adware-doesnt-detect-anything.647880/
Relevancy 61.92%

This is the first time contacting Sony support. After waiting for over 1/2 hour, finally a person comes online. I spend another 20 minutes giving him name, address, etc and then I find out that it is "paid support".

After an online chat and trying to contact Sony support, maybe the only solution is to trash the Sony Notebook and buy a Dell. Does Dell still provide support?
The problem is "no sound from the computer". I have spent 4 hrs this morning downloading and checking for updates to all the sound drivers.

Any suggestions?

A:No sound Sony Vaio and No Sony Support

I hear the same complaints from Dell users on the Dell forum and from users of other brands. They are all equally lousy on support or want you to pay for it. e.g. "software" support on a Dell is separate from any warrnty or maintenance contract which only covers hardware. You get "free" software support for the first 30 days only.

Back to the sound problem. We need more info to try and assist. e.g. what sound do you have (if you know), etc. You didn't fill out all the needed System Specs. What have you tried? e.g. have you checked the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel to see if your "speakers" (sound card) is set as the default playback device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165429-no-sound-sony-vaio-no-sony-support.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there,

I am using a Sony PD 170 DV camcorder hooked up via 4 pin firewire to a Sony Vaio laptop. I am also using Avid Composer video editing software. The problem is that I can see the video from Avid in the viewfinder but it freezes in the viewfinder even though it is playing on the computer. This is preventing me from outputting a project. Do I need a driver for this camera?

Thanks,
Paul

Relevancy 61.06%

I have my power settings set so the screen saver comes on after 10 minutes, and the display turns off after 15 minutes. Everything starts off hunky dory. Though whenever I add a monitor or change resolutions there's a 50/50 chance I'll get a "windows explorer has stopped responding, windows explorer is restarting" error. Once that restarts my screensaver/power options won't start again until I reboot the computer.

Previewing the screen saver works, but it won't start up by itself.

Changing or resetting the power plans has no effect.

A:Screen saver doesn't turn on after explorer crashes

The screensaver and some of the power functions are handled by the video drivers. Update those if possible.

If those video drivers are already up to date, then let's start looking for a reason for explorer restarting. Use Process Explorer to see you we can find an app that is exiting and taking explorer down with it. You can change one setting to make it easier to see such an app:
File > Options > Difference Highlight Duration
...set that to 9 seconds.

If Process Explorer does not help, then take as many things out of the equation as you can via this process: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If a clean boot does not stop explorer from restarting when you change screen resolutions then spend some time with these steps: Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/279960-screen-saver-doesnt-turn-after-explorer-crashes.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,
i have the MICROSOFT WIRELESS OPTICAL DESKTOP 3000 and the problem is that
the mute button doesn't work.
This problem came after a format.
I have also tried through human interface device access to automatic startup but still nothing.

I have installed the latest audio drivers still nothing.
I installed optical desktop drivers 3000 and still nothing.

IMPORTANT: When i open "speaker properties" and go to "levels" tab, i push the mute button on my keyboard and the mute button is highlighted on the screen but mute doesn't happen (this i think indicated that mute button works.)After a while of doing this, explorer.exe crashes-reboots and mute button works properly
But when i restart, mute button stops again to work. So i have to crash explorer.exe (like described above) to make it work again.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

A:mute button doesn't work-explorer.exe crashes

I found the solution and i post it in case someone has the same problem with me:
The mousekeyboardcenter-driver fixed the problem.
Hope this helps others that have the same issue because it's a really annoying problem.

Have a nice day all!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268244-mute-button-doesnt-work-explorer-exe-crashes.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This computer was a gift for christmas I haven t a clue where the virus is from but reformatting is out of the question and I m out of ideas for how to fix this thing At first I had Symantec anti-virus which proved to be completely useless and actually caused me more problems crashes or themselves; close doesn't Programs load explorer.exe than it helped The first sign of something wrong was the computer shut itself off When I loaded it up the start menu and desktop wouldn t show When Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load I tried to run explorer manually it gave me some excuse quot Windows cannot find explorer exe quot Yes I m sure I ran the right file When I tried to get into the registry it said quot Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator quot Well I am the administrator After a lot of googling and help I fixed that problem Then I installed McAfee s antivirus and SpyBot erased most of the virus in Safe Mode It seemed to be gone Then explorer would crash and restart itself over and over again Hours later I d fixed that problem Now sometimes it lets me into the registry Sometimes it doesn t Sometimes explorer loads sometimes it doesn t Now when I load programs like Limewire sometimes AIM and McAfee and random programs like that it exits out when I hit any key on the keyboard I m out of ideas Help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http sutraway info in cgi amp key rico mancini O - BHO C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll - C BF A - F - BD-F - C - C WINDOWS system hgfdge unjdfdg dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe runkey O - HKCU Run tezrtsjhfr iusjfo f C DOCUME KATIEB OOP LOCALS Temp csrssc exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce ShowDeskFix regsvr s n i u shell User Default user O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button no name - dfb a - f - c -a - cab fd a - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spy... Read more

A:Programs close themselves; explorer.exe crashes or doesn't load

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System

Download the file & save it as it's originally named.
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.

Please note once you start ComboFix you should not click anywhere on the ComboFix window as it can cause the program to stall.

Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.

Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-close-themselves-explorer-exe-crashes-or-doesnt-load.791329/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Until recently, if Windows XP Explorer crashed, my system would recover without the need to reboot. A few of the user processes (in the system tray) wouldn't restart on their own but at least I could finish my work before rebooting. Now, when Explorer crashes my desktop loads and unloads (or to put it another way, disappears and then reappears) in a continuous cycle making it impossible to continue working without rebooting. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this type of behaviour and how to correct it? Many thanks in advance for your suggestions!

-Mike

A:If XP Explorer Crashes System Doesn't Recover Unless Reboot

Hi, Have any changes been made just before or at the time these problems started? To software or hardware? Does everything work, CD/DVD drive, floppy if you have one, CD drives, all sound, video, printers...anything in the Device Manager with yellow ! marks or red "X"?

Anything you could recall, even uninstalling any programs, removing or disabling any devices? Any Registry cleaning programs used?
Have you had any ad-spy-malware problems, or has anything alerted you to anything like a virus, Trojan, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-xp-explorer-crashes-system-doesnt-recover-unless-reboot.464473/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am working on my sister's computer and she said she had trouble with IE11 (Windows 7). I now see it. I cannot navigate to save my life. I thought from what she described, she was needing her Java updated along with Flash player. I cannot even update either one. It tells me that file was not downloaded, retry.

I switched over to Firefox and everything went like clockwork. So, she really wants to use Internet Explorer. I researched and Google searched to no good answers. There was a "Microsoft 'Fix It'" but of course since I cannot download it, it does me no good.

I thought, well, I will just uninstall IE11 and resort back to IE10...Nope, same problem....

Any help would be great.

All Windows 7 updates are completely up to date!

A:Internet Explorer 11 really really slow and crashes, Firefox fast and doesn't

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-11-really-really-slow-and-crashes-firefox-fast-and-doesnt.1149414/
Relevancy 59.34%

Noticed how my laptop freezes once in a while. I have 2GB of memory and I only have a web browser open and a word document. yet it still freezes for a bit... Then it will come back. Any ideas?

TIA
Mike

A:Win 7 on Sony SONY VAIO VGN-NR123E

Hi mcastill66, welcome to the forums, make sure all your drivers are up to date , also when was the last time you cleaned the fan inlet and exhaust apertures , a quick burst of a can of compressed air works wonders

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95584-win-7-sony-sony-vaio-vgn-nr123e.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a few weeks now I have Windows Vista on my computer and have Webroot Virus Scan When I go to Google s search engine and click on the link it gets redirected Sometimes when I turn on my computer the volume doesn t work at all Also sometimes when I turn my computer on the computer doesn t load and load Redirected; start time Doesn't doesn't right Volume Google Vista all the Gets correctly, Search it says there is a problem with DellDock installation which I have no clue what that means I never had any of these problems before this virus showed up When I run Webroot it catches the same virus everytime some type of virus in Java I have tried researching this virus but as I said Google links don t work Thank you for taking the time to look Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time at my problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC Windows system svchost exe Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Dell MySQL bin mysqld exeC Program Files Common Files Dell Remote Access File Sync Service dsl fs sync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows System ico exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exeC Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System Pmxmiced exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Danny Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp espn go com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google c... Read more

A:Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334514/google-search-gets-redirected;-volume-doesnt-load-correctly-vista-doesnt-start-right-all-the-time/
Relevancy 58.48%

I rented Blu-Ray s today thinking that my Sony VAIO FZ M or get TV work VAIO correctly Blu-Ray on Can't to would play them and via HDMI output on the Laptop watch them on my Samsung HD Can't get Blu-Ray to work correctly on VAIO or TV TV But I was wrong I put The Dark Knight into the tray and after whirring for about a minute I got the usual Warner Bros which seemed a bit jumpy but I ignored Can't get Blu-Ray to work correctly on VAIO or TV it the film started and by god I was am appauled The framerate is terrible especially for amazing quality picture So then I thought that I l hook it up to the TV and see what I get and plugged my HDMI the one from the Xbox Elite package cable into the Laptop hit play and recieved this message quot Your display enviroment does not support protected content playback quot My display enviroment What watching a film in Blu-Ray using the laptops features So I m supposed to pay for everything for the Laptop and get nothing whereas without sounding like a jerk getting some low-end brand laptop and illegally downloading the film and actually to viewally getting to view the film Sony will recieve an email about this because I refuse to buy a Blu-Ray disc player to quot watch movies on quot and then not be able to James PS Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-blu-ray-to-work-correctly-on-vaio-or-tv.785259/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've never seen this problem before in my life and it has me mortified.

My Sony VAIO starts. It's plugged in normally. The power lights flash, it checks the CD-RW drive, and then remains on with the main power light on and the fan on, but the screen remains black and nothing else happens. Windows XP doesn't load. No Sony logo, no "Operating system not found," nothing. It's like it's had a lobotomy.

I haven't installed anything new, and the notebook has just been sitting around unplugged for a few days. The last thing I used it for was to burn a CD with Windows Media Player. The only change I can think of is that my USB tablet isn't plugged in.

Any suggestions? Thanks, everybody.

A:Solved: XP VAIO laptop starts, Windows doesn't, screen doesn't seem to.

If it has a battery installed, try removing that. Then with the laptop power plug UNplugged press and hold the power button for a second or two.

Then plug the power adapter back in WITHOUT replacing the battery and see if you can get a normal start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-vaio-laptop-starts-windows-doesnt-screen-doesnt-seem-to.351731/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, whilst on my laptop today for no apparent reason my touchpad decided to stop working properly, it will still move the mouse around the screen, however does nothing when I double tap anything. The left click button has also ceased to work at all, click and nothing the right hand button is working fine.

I have reinstalled the drivers and I am currently using a mouse via the USB port which is working fine. I have also checked the options to make sure that the left click hasn't been assigned to another button or something odd like that. I'm afraid I really am at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong.

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks guys

A:Vaio touchpad and buttons not working correctly

please do not duplicate posts here
closing this one

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1047370-vaio-touchpad-buttons-not-working.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-touchpad-and-buttons-not-working-correctly.1047454/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, whilst on my laptop today for no apparent reason my touchpad decided to stop working properly, it will still move the mouse around the screen, however does nothing when I double tap anything. The left click button has also ceased to work at all, click and nothing the right hand button is working fine.

I have reinstalled the drivers and I am currently using a mouse via the USB port which is working fine. I have also checked the options to make sure that the left click hasn't been assigned to another button or something odd like that. I'm afraid I really am at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong.

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-touchpad-and-buttons-not-working-correctly.1047370/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

I have been using FlashGet for a few weeks to download files from megashares.com using my premium account there.

I started a download yesterday, one of the biggest yet, and it has stopped at 77%. I believe the reason it has stopped is because I was having issues with my internet, which have now been resolved. However, when I click on the 'Start' button, the download seems to start for a split second then return to this icon:
I really hope someone here can help me, as I don't want to have to download the whole lot again.

Here is a screenshot of the flashget window:
Thanks alot

A:Problem with FlashGet, doesn't seem to resume

I think sites like Megashare use a random hash for each download request. Once a download is disrupted for any reason, the hash expires, and the client must make a fresh request, usually for the entire file.

I believe you are stuck with having to start the whole download again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-flashget-doesnt-seem-to-resume.725917/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys,

I'm running windows 7 pro 64-bit and whenever my asus U31F goes into hibernate and i try to system resume, it takes over 5 minutes. The screen freezes on just saying system resume for a minute or two, then as the coloured balls that come in to make the windows logo - they come in frame by frame, pausing for ages on each frame. This whole process means i have to hard reset my computer if i need it quickly and is really really starting to annoy me. Is there anything i can do???

Note: On further inspection - i've realised that the drive doesn't start spinning while the screen is freezed, and then when it does that's aboutwhen they balls start to come into the screen.

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

A:System resume doesn't work!

Welcome to Seven Forums Longy99.

Using hibernate will sometimes corrupt files upon resuming. You might try Sleep instead and it should wake nearly instantly, saving what you were doing when it went to sleep.
Run sfc /scannow
Hibernate also creates a big, 2-10GB, hiberfil file too. You can try this: Hibernate - Enable or Disable to disable Hibernate, or re enable it if you still want to use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179864-system-resume-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Sometimes when i close the lid on my laptop to hibernate or standby it crashes when i try to resume The crash led to a blue screen It created a memory dmp file which i tried opening with Debugging tools for windows and i get this Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol After Resume Crashes From Hibernation Laptop locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y Laptop Crashes After Resume From Hibernation lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrpamp exe - Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d e Debug session time Wed Apr GMT- System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrpamp exe - Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list kd gt restart f Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrpamp exe - Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d e Debug session time Wed Apr GMT- System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrpamp exe - Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list I m using Windows Ultimate x Lenovo Y Laptop Core duo processor GB ram thanks in advance nbsp