Windows Support Forum

Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

Q: Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

Long of it Hey I was playing Minecraft this Friday night when suddenly the screen stopped working correctly The moniter diplays everything fuzzy similer to the background here However at the top of my screen maybe about a centimeter everything is fine I can see the title bar of open folders and even managed to move my task bar up to the top of the screen and can see it about half way I can start the computer and access folders programs threw guessing where the icons are or using the keyboard to select the icons Works best when I have hot keys to work with to remove the clicking guesswork I m not sure what is going on with my laptop I purchased it almost a year ago on June th So I m probably out of luck on the manufacturer s warranty but I did purchase the year warranty from Wallmart so I m trying there But as my collage classes start on the th sooner I can get my laptop working the better Short of it The graphics on my Dell Laptop ain t working properly I can see a centimeter at the top properly but that is it The computer itself still works on issue Laptop Dell Sudden graphics I can open access everything I just don t have a visual on the GUI to make clicking things easy Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem while waiting to hear back about my warranty Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop Or am I just out of luck My laptop is an Inspiron N Intel Core i - M Processor GB Memory Integrated Intel HD Graphics Windows Home Premiun -bit Microsoft Office Starter Dell Stage software nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

It's the sort of screen corruption seen when the integrated graphics are shot. The laptop probably needs a new motherboard. Playing high intensity video games for long periods on laptops isn't a good idea unless they have been designed to do the job. That warranty should come in handy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-graphics-issue-on-dell-laptop.195152/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi so im not the most tech savy gal out there Im really hoping someone can give me a hand My issue Right so i got my laptop yea i know but i travel alot back from a keyboard reperation days ago i'ts fps Gamer Laptop and graphics please - issues, Sudden help less than year old i had an unlycky cat spilled on my keys incident since then ive been working on reinstalling all my drivers etc and at first all of my games ran fine Except i kept getting the Nivida kernal error and occasionally quot the graphic driver has stopped working and has been restored quot yady yada which would instantly chrash my games and freeze my computer so i set out to fix that particrulair issue which i had no success with so eventually i uninstalled and reinstalled my nividia drivers for the like th time and i went to test it out ingame now all of my games are running like shit all games are so laggy they are unplayable i havent tested the current shit fps rate but safe to say Gamer Laptop - Sudden fps and graphics issues, please help they are very very Veeeery low keep in mind they ran perfectly on highest quality until the kernal error chrashed them before and also before i had to reinstall everything from reperations additionally i get the quot your pc might not be up to par to run this game proper i cant remember the exact error message but ill find it if necessary point is my pc is abselutely able to run these games So im really hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix this please request any info if needed im really bummed about this My specs CPU - GeForce GTX M CPU - Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU HZ Memory - GB RAM GB Usable Btw i plan to upgrade that even better build my own rig Current Resolution - x HZ Driver Version - Windows x MSI GE QE Blergh i am dangerously deprived of gaming and i need help before i just die - -

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/128911-gamer-laptop-sudden-fps-graphics-issues-please-help.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have had the system for a few years now and it has sat a while with a virus Yesterday I redid the OS windows xp and installed gb of memory up from the it came with All Dell 410 card graphics issue new XPS went fine I also wanted to upgrade the graphics card and bought this one off dell ATI Radeon Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue HD GB Low Profile PCIe Graphics Card with Displayport This is where I ran into problems and I Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue am not very computer savvy I can do the basics but when it comes to this stuff I m very new The book said to uninstall the old GC driver so I did and to disable any onboard video not sure where to find this it didn t come up Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue in the device manager Then swap cards and install the new drivers I did the unload of the old GC drivers it was a GeForce card Low Encryption MRMGA took out the old card put the new one in in the PCIe slot and went to turn it on and nothing Sometimes it would give me random error codes on startup other times it would show a colorful snow screen that would scroll down the screen I could hear the computer running like it was loading windows like normal but there was just no picture No clue what to do next I ve read that I should reset the BIOS no idea how to do that I tried hitting F on the load screen but not sure what to look for I did find the section for Video and Primary Video and there it just let me select PCI or PEG It was on PEG but I switched to PCI and that didn t work at all Any ideas If you need more background please let me know Not sure how clear I was lol nbsp

A:Dell XPS 410 new graphics card issue

To get into most bios you need to only hit "del" key on boot up. You can also try starting up in save mode(f8) to see if it is in fact a driver issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-410-new-graphics-card-issue.163387/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Optiplex small form that I recently had to reinstall Windows due to a hard drive issue I am running Windows Enterprise bit I have Gigs of Ram and a Core Duo processor After the reinstall of Windows I am 760- 4 Dell Intel Issue Graphics Optiplex not able to set the proper resolution of my Dell wf widescreen monitor the proper resolution of x I am not able to select it I have my monitor connected though VGA as that is the only connection on my computer When I go in to Device Manager I have a little warning Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue triangle next to Intel R Series Internal Chipset When I click Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue on properties of the Intel chipset the error is This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system I have downloaded the drivers for the graphics card and for the chipset directly from Dell by entering the service tag and have rebooted my computer several times with no success I have even had Windows search for the latest update and It says I have the latest driver installed I also have a warning triangle on Intel R Management Engine Interface Keep in mind that my computers graphics card worked great and had the proper drivers on before the hard drive was re-imaged I have other s with the same specs and monitors that have no issues I can post more screen shots if needed Thanks

A:Dell Optiplex 760- Intel 4 Graphics Issue

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Go into device manager and see if your monitor is listed.
If it is listed as pnp. I would suggest going to Dell to see if their is a.inf file (driver) for it and install it.

Installing the .inf file should get your monitor recognized and this will allow it to run it's native resolution.
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197308-dell-optiplex-760-intel-4-graphics-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My d610 graphics drivers in device Manager have ! drivers won't initiate? I have tried to delete and reinstall with new drivers but no success?

A:dell d610 video graphics issue

Hello fleshcom,

Right click on the device and select properties. Please post, verbatim, what is in the status box. Also, go to the details tab and select Hardware ID's from the pull down menu. List the ID's.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-d610-video-graphics-issue-546465.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Dell and I bought a GeForce INNO D nbsp low profile card but after insertion nothing happens 755 Optiplex graphics Dell issue card My Dell quot monitor shows black The card has a pin and USB I m assuming the pin is for an external PSU connection But what is the USB for My specs Operating System Windows Professional -bit Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue SP CPU Intel Core Duo E GHz deg C Wolfdale nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue Inc PU CPU Graphics DELL SE H x Hz Intel Q Express Chipset Family Dell Intel Q Express Chipset Family Dell Storage GB Hitachi HUA KLA ATA Device SATA deg C GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device USB GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device USB GB PNY USB FD USB Device USB Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-L A ATA Device Audio High Definition Audio Device Can anyone please help me as to what I need to make this card work I understand this is NOT the greatest PC but it s what I have for now so anything is better than the integrated graphics it already has Thank you

A:Dell Optiplex 755 graphics card issue

The card might be incompatible. For integrated graphics upgrades, I've had great results with the budget Sapphire 6450.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19966101
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok ive scoured forums and websites but havent found my exact answer to this issue I got a vostro free with a bit of a cracked screen nothing to bad i cant work around till i order new one but i installed win ultamite and updated fully Started setting it up for use with other rd party apps mainly trying to setup android x through virtual box manager when at first started blinking on charger led next day and wouldnt power up Well finally got it to power but then sense it has been auto cutting stright off And now it wants to boot to no screen sometimes others it boots up but post takes forever most times Then other times it takes about min before it even reacts to hitting the power button on But almost every time it ether goes blank power\graphics issue? vostro 1015 Dell screen then powers off a couple min later or just shuts off entirely Lcd test passed cant complete diagnostics couse it cuts off right at end of Dell vostro 1015 power\graphics issue? mem testing so far Ive systematicly taken ram hdd wifi cd dvd drive out and tried each time to boot No success Rarly can get a few sec in WIndows before kill Also i am aware i do have faulty battery will replace but i have also done these tasks of troubleshooting with and without battery and with a seprete charger Any advice or idea i havent tried is much welcome atm i have it dissassembled and Dell vostro 1015 power\graphics issue? checking all connectors Also the power button broke off ribbin but got a spare to replace it

A:Dell vostro 1015 power\graphics issue?

Sounds like it has some serious issues, you probably have a motherboard issue and it is taking a long time to pass post or isn't passing because there is something wrong and it can't pass so it won't move on.  Sounds like you are going to have to replace it.  All the stuff that you are mentioning that has happened sounds like a failing component on the motherboard that finally just totally failed and now Intermittently works but doesn't stay working very long.  Everything that is removable you have tried to boot with it not connected and still having the issue, then there is something on the board itself.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996413
Relevancy 58.91%

I have bought two different types of graphics cards for my computer that were recomended to me from Dell and neither are working. I am averaging four hours at a time with Dell on the phone and they can't get them to work. The first card I bought was a Geforce 8400 and they said it was a faulty card and sent me a new one. That new card after 4 hours on the phone they said was non-compatible with my computer or my Vista was corrupt. I was getting a blue screen with all kinds of data file errors. Then they recommended an ATI Radeon 2400. I received that and after three and a half hours I was told it was faulty and they are sending me a new one today. My problem is why can't anybody figure this out and get me a card that will work or get my Vista to work. How can I tell if Vista is corrupt?

A:Dell Inspiron 350s-graphics Card Issue

try looking in the on line support pages http://support.dell.com/support/topi...upport_central you may find thr info you need through one the options also check the on line support pages for nvidia for the latest drivers for your card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-350s-graphics-card-issue-334850.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron N R laptop It has Intel Core i processor GHz I wanted to know if there is a graphic card I can put into it to increase the video memory I really want to upgrade my Graphics performance by installing an additional video card So you guys please help me know if I can do that and what graphics card having how much memory are supported for my system The specifications of my Dell Laptop are given below I am waiting for your replies please reply on your earliest CPU CPU Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Motherboard Dell Inc W BIOS BIOS Date Ver Total Memory GB Usable GB HDD ST LM HN-M MBB Sound Card IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel R Display Audio Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family OS Microsoft Supported card for Laptop Dell my graphics Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop Inc Name Base Board Product W Version A Removable False Replaceable True Graphics Device ID VideoController Name Intel R HD Graphics Family Video Processor Intel R HD Graphics Family Current Resolution x x bits colors Hz Video Mode Desc x x colors Refresh Rate Min Hz Max Hz Hope this information helps I am waiting for your replies Thanks for reading and for your time

A:Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop

uhm, I'm pretty sure I have bad news.
Had a look at the service manual, and your machine does not support any other graphic card (mainly because it has no "card", everything is integrated in the motherboard).

Laptops of your model can be ordered with an optional though, an AMD Radeon HD 6470M discrete graphics with 512MB of dedicated memory. Did you ask for this when you bought it? Otherwise it is a standard model with simple graphics.

If you want to upgrade graphics performance, you must buy a computer with a better card. It is actually the norm for laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251457-supported-graphics-card-my-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey everyone my name is Andrew and I currently own a Dell Laptop Studio XPS These are my specs Processor Intel Core Duo CPU P GHz Memory GB System Type Windows Vista -bit OS Manufacturer Dell BIOS Card Dell Laptop Graphics on Situation Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics Card Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Driver Version So my situation is that I am currently an undergraduate college student Graphics Card Situation on Dell Laptop and I just bought Starcraft from bestbuy I read through the Graphics Card Graphics Card Situation on Dell Laptop Performance and Classification thread and found that my graphics card was Class but even with that Starcraft starts to get laggy after an hour or so which is really bothersome when I am trying to have a nice long gaming session with a couple friends I run the settings on medium to low and turn off lighting and some other things Graphics Card Situation on Dell Laptop that seem to consume FPS but I usually average when I first start off and then it decreases to and then below I cleaned the fans and everything optimized registry defragged the computer have a great wireless connection no disconnects and good speed and I think the processor should be able to handle it quite well I downloaded the RealTempGT application and my core temperature is always below degrees Celsius which is at least degrees away from the TjMax temperature I want to know what are my chances on upgrading my graphics card and how should I go about doing so I have read that it is extremely hard and that very few laptops are able to do so externally but I did read about the GeForce cards and some external PCI modules or things like that I'm not entirely sure educated about graphics cards completely so if anyone could help me in this specific situation that would be great I would love to buy a higher end class card according to the thread so money isn't too much of an issue I just want an even nicer graphics card that will be able to run Starcraft and future games very smoothly If I can't upgrade it at all then just tell me directly but if there is a way that is practical and reasonable then please tell me and educate me Thanks for taking the time to read this much help appreciated Andrew

A:Graphics Card Situation on Dell Laptop

While at 3670 isn't great, its not horrible... Saddly you have no upgrade options really. 90% of laptops have the gpu built/soddered on to the mainboard.

Have you monitored you gpu temperature? I like using hwmonitor to watch things as it shows everything at once.

I've had this issue with my 9600m gt, that after abit of use, it'll start to lag bad.. A thorough cleaning helped alot.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/282456-graphics-card-situation-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am pretty noobin when it comes to this so bear with me.

I just got a dell XPS 17 laptop,

the laptop comes with a GeForce GT 435m with 1gb video card.

I went to check out the overall 'score' of the laptop and it showed the following

Processor - 6.8
Ram - 5.9
Graphics - 4.3
Gaming Graphics - 6.6
Primary Hard Disk - 5.9

what I dont get is why the 'graphics' is so much lower than the 'gaming graphics'? I went into display on the device manager and there are 2 adapters listed

my geforce and one 'intel HD graphics' - why does it use 2 adapters?

does this have to do why my graphics score is so low? because it is using the worse adapter for that?

Is there anything I can do about that graphics score? i figured the geforce was a decent card and wouldnt have limitations like that?

any help would be appreciated

A:New laptop (dell XPS 17) - graphics score questions?

The system is using the Intel HD graphics chip when at the desktop, when serious 3D power isn't needed. When you run a game or try to do anything intensive enough, the system will use the GeForce chip. This is to save battery life, and I have no idea if you can run the GeForce full time, maybe someone else here is more familiar with that chipset.

Your desktop graphics score would likely be identical to your gaming score, if you wanted to know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/142189-new-laptop-dell-xps-17-graphics-score-questions.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron N R laptop It has Intel Core i processor GHz I wanted to know if there is a graphic card I can put into it to increase the video memory I really want card for Supported Laptop Dell my graphics to upgrade my Graphics performance by installing an additional video card So you guys please help me know if I can do that and what graphics card having how much memory are supported for my system The specifications of my Dell Laptop are given below I am waiting for your replies please reply on your earliest CPU CPU Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Motherboard Dell Inc W BIOS BIOS Date Ver Total Memory GB Usable GB HDD ST LM HN-M MBB Sound Card IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel R Display Audio Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack Motherboard Manufacturer Dell Inc Name Base Board Product W Version A Removable False Replaceable True Graphics Device ID VideoController Name Intel R HD Graphics Family Video Processor Intel R HD Graphics Family Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop Current Resolution x x bits colors Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop Hz Video Mode Desc x Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop x colors Refresh Rate Min Hz Max Hz Hope this information helps I am waiting for your replies Thanks for reading and for your time

A:Supported graphics card for my Dell Laptop

You can not upgrade a laptops graphics card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251461-supported-graphics-card-my-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi to all dear members

I have read this topic : (all of 29 pages ! )

Acer Laptop: Switchable Graphics using i7 & AMD Radeon

I have the same problem too

But my laptop is dell - inspiron 5520

My system specification is :

=====================
CPU :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz --- Ivy Bridge

RAM :
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Graphics :
AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

BIOS :
Brand Dell Inc.
Version A07
Date 05/17/2012
===========================

But the big problem is there is no Video Configuration in my bios

and there is no updated bios software in dell site :

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

From the above topice about aser , I have noticed that the only way to solve the

problem is using the modded bios. if i am wrong , let me know

I searched this site but there is no modded bios available to my laptop

Bios Mods Tools; - [http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS]

please help me.

thanks alot.

A:Windows 7 - Dell Laptop: Switchable Graphics using i7 & AMD Radeon

From what I can tell from the Dell documentation, you can only use one or the other and if the optional video, such as you have, is installed that is the default.

The Dell BIOS is protected and any attempt to modify the Dell BIOS will most likely cause it to Corrupt. There is no recovery from a corrupted BIOS on a Dell, the ONLY option is to replace the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248657-windows-7-dell-laptop-switchable-graphics-using-i7-amd-radeon.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello A friend recently helped me restore my computer This has however caused my graphics driver monitor specs below to be unable to display at its intended resolution The computer used to display at Driver/Monitor Problems Laptop Graphics Dell x but this is no longer an option Dell Laptop Graphics Driver/Monitor Problems on the monitor s display properties it only goes up to x resolution The only options I see in the display properties gt settings menu now are for multiple monitor setups I only have one screen the laptop s screen I tried to install the ATI Catalyst control panel but when I try to run it I get the message quot cli exe - Application error The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application quot In the Device Manager there are six entries for quot Default Monitor quot under the Monitor tab I am not sure how this happened At one restart of my computer it displayed the proper resolution but after a restart it was back to x with no option to move back up SPECS I have a Dell Inspiron E running Windows XP Pro SP Build It has an ATI Mobility Radeon X card with mb running DirectX c The processor is T Ghz with GB of RAM The graphics card driver I have is version dated I tried to update the drivers but they appear up to date I just got them fresh from the dell support site Please let me know if I can provide any more information to help facilitate the resolution of this problem or let me know if I posted in the wrong section of the forums It is quite frustrating to have my computer not at optimal levels and I greatly appreciate any help

A:Dell Laptop Graphics Driver/Monitor Problems

Hello, sorry to bother those who may be replying, but I believe I have found an updated driver. I downloaded it, but as a .cab and am not sure how to install it. All driver scans show my graphics driver to be out of date. Here is a link to it:

http://driveragent.com/archive/49c3981f/ATI-Technologies-Inc.-Display-software-update-released-in-February--2009

Hope this helps?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418760/dell-laptop-graphics-drivermonitor-problems/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread in the right section its my first thread post here I have Changing in Laptop. it Is possible? intel) Dell card graphics(HD3000 a Dell n i intel HD graphics that I bought last year to assist me with my studies I didn't care much about the graphics when I purchased it I'm not a hardcore gamer but I read that I should have bought a laptop with a better card Changing card graphics(HD3000 intel) in Dell Laptop. Is it possible? graphics if I was to play the latest games Of all the games I Changing card graphics(HD3000 intel) in Dell Laptop. Is it possible? would have liked to play GTA I know its not possible with what I have I love my laptop though And I intend to have it with me for a longtime even if I don't get to play the latest games I can play older ones like Hitman blood money I'm curious since I haven't found the answer elsewhere whether it is possible to have a gaming card graphics added one day for the model of laptop I have Thanks in advance Ryan

A:Changing card graphics(HD3000 intel) in Dell Laptop. Is it possible?

I looked at the specs for the N5110 and that laptop is designed for dual graphics.
It says it has an optional AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics card.

First, I would check in the Device Manager to see if you have 2 graphics devices, if you do not already know that you bought the laptop without the dedicated graphics option.

If not, then I would look at purchasing the optional card from Dell.
I'd have more info but without a Service Tag number you can't get any info out of Dell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230332-changing-card-graphics-hd3000-intel-dell-laptop-possible.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been using dell Vostro 2420 laptop for the last 2 years. I had windows 8.1 installed in it in the last month. When I was using windows 7 I got occasional display problem with display getting blurred(consisting of close horizontal lines, and picture getting shifted to left side of the screen). According to the instruction from dell, I uninstalled both intel and nvidea display drivers. They got reinstalled automatically after restart. Now I got the display error again. I uninstalled the display drivers. But only nvidea is automatically reinstalled. When I tried to install intel hd graphics driver manually, it shows that "the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the installation to complete". What to do? Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582176/intel-hd-graphics-installation-dell-vostro-laptop-windows-81/
Relevancy 55.47%

the title basically says it all, i was just wondering if it was possible

A:Replacing integrated graphics on my Dell Studio 1749 laptop

No, you'd have to add a discreet card if that's even possible, which it probably isn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-integrated-graphics-on-my-dell-studio-1749-laptop.164076/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell XPS 15 L502X Laptop which has an integrated graphics card and a nvidia geforce gt 540m. Is it possible to replace the nvidia graphics card and if so what cards would be able to fit in the slot?

A:Can i swap out my nvidia graphics card in my Dell XPS 15 L502X laptop?

Nothing you could buy on the open market. You should really contact Dell and see if a better replacement is available for that model.
From the NVidia forum on this exact subject:
"Some laptops are fitted with MXM modules, which are basically mini PCIe graphics cards. These modules are replaceable, yet rarely upgradeable. Normally the laptop will be designed to support a particular module, both in terms of power & cooling as well as well as form factor. Unfortunately despite the fact that 'MXM' is a standard, there are enough differences between module and laptop design that you are probably stuck with what you've got.

For laptops which are not fitted with MXM modules, the only option is to replace the motherboard as the graphics chipset will be built in.

Caveats for others:

- If the laptop you bought had faster graphics options at point of purchase - i.e. the 580M was offered but you only went for the 540M, then it is possible that a higher performance MXM module may be available. It might take quite some trial and error and time on Google to find this out.

- If the laptop was available with an NVIDIA graphics card, but you only opted for the Intel on-board at the time, then it is possible you could find a replacement motherboard which has the NVIDIA chip fitted."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-swap-out-my-nvidia-graphics-card-in-my-dell-xps-15-l502x-laptop.1146753/
Relevancy 55.47%

I ve seen others online with this issue posted on the HP site with high hopes in a response and am hoping to get to the bottom of this issue Bought my Dv - us around August and started having these exact same issues around the end of September My setup is included in the txt file attached to this post I have done all of the tasks and suggestions that are given on the HP site updated all of my drivers that HP provides on there website that Intel provides on their website and that Windows Update detects removed any possibly problematic new software had my current setup all installed on a desktop machine before laptop on driver HP Switchable issue graphics custom built with absolutely no problems whatsoever ran the lastest anti-virus-malware-rootkit detection and found no errors or problems did multiple Memory HDD and periphreal hardware tests all passing successful with no errors reported everytime they are run have ran SFC in command prompt and it comes up clean no errors and have tested both quot Fixed quot and quot Dynamic quot modes in the new BIOS update for the video setup which doesn t seem to alleviate the problem Alright that being said here are Switchable graphics driver issue on HP laptop the exact symptoms my comp demonstrates when having this problem Some sort of video processing is occurring at the time of the BSOD It could be playing a video in either Media Player or VLC Skype video-chatting or the like I haven t experienced the problem while watching in-browser videos like on YouTube which leads me to believe somehow Flash is exempt but whatever The BSOD errors are different but the most reoccurring ones are quot System Service Exception quot the ol quot Driver IRQ Not Less Than Unequal quot or whatever that exact wording is and no message at all just a notification that a possible video driver is awry What happens then I turn off the computer to reboot turn it back on I get the boot-up options screen offering safe mode and whatnot try to boot in regular or safe Switchable graphics driver issue on HP laptop mode makes no difference get another BSOD lock-up during boot the comp automatically restarts I m asked to run Startup Repair which I do cause if I don t it rarely boots up correctly I don t choose a System Restore that has not helped when I tried it many times before The process runs takes about mins and then tells me it can t repair the issue automatically and wants to send the information online which I choose Then I look at the detailed error report and it always ALWAYS shows the same results All tests finish quickly several milliseconds and report no errors EXCEPT the last test checking System file information which takes the vast majority of that mins and returns the error quot x quot This has been like clockwork I found that if I uninstall video drivers and reinstall them then I get some reprieve for some time maybe a couple of days until the original BSOD happens again and then the cycle restarts I wonder is the fact that there are dual video options that switch even though as I stated above it doesn t matter if I turn this feature on or off in BIOS as well as on the desktop with the CCC Also the dedicated ATi drivers are based on AMD chipsets while the built-in drivers are Intel as is the processor does that seem like a conflict of interest In any case I m focused on figuring out this problem so I m spreading the word to the pros so we can get this figured out Cheers Mr Kyle

A:Switchable graphics driver issue on HP laptop

Hi and Welcome -I searched the Microsoft Windows 7 forums and found this answer that fixed one "Error 0x490" problem. - - -Your boot information is bad. afaik, you will have to do a startup repair to fix it.I could not find a MS link for this but I found this >> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html to boot into the recovey options >> (USE METHOD 2 !!!)and this >> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html to do the startup repair which actually looks at things like MBR and the BOOT folder.As with anything of this type, I strongly recommend backing up anything and everything - create an image of each and every partition.Hope that helps.How did this happen? I rather suspect that something happened, the system rebooted, and stopped at a screen which had something like system repair as a default, the timer went out, it did its thing, and unfortunately incorrectly. i have lost opsyses that way.I strongly recommend always setting:Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / (System Properties) Advanced tab / look at "Startup and Recovery" , click settings button - in system failure: uncheck "automatically restart"This will enable you to see any errors that are causing a reboot.See if the information is any help to you -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427688/switchable-graphics-driver-issue-on-hp-laptop/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a major graphics problem that shows up everywhere. (navigation windows, games, starcraft 2, internet browsers, and even just on my desktop background and toolbar). It seems to get worse when I am running things such as starcraft 2 that require a lot of graphics power. But sometimes I'll just come to my computer and wake it up, and there my whole desktop will be covered in lines and blockyness! I hate it! any ideas appreciated. attached are some screen shots of the issue. Notice the lines and blocks in the top bar of windows and through the pages on icons and button.

note: I have made sure that all my drivers are updated through the dell website. That was my first attempt to fix it. I also ran a diagnostics on the start-up just to see if that would fid something, and everything passed fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/graphics-issue-with-studio-1555-laptop-using-win-7-a-583460.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have issue? Laptop not booting, possible graphics card a Toshiba P -S laptop a couple years old Running Windows XP all Laptop not booting, possible graphics card issue? updates downloaded so it has the most recent service pack and everything I just had a very bad virus in it but I restored it It's been running fine since the restore up til now We had a few problems problems while it was running Every once in a while the screen would flash back stay like that for around seconds revert back to windows and then go back to black It would do this til shutdown I think it was changing the resolution It was about the same wait as it took to change that And when it did revert back to windows everything was functional I googled the problem found something similar It recommended I get rid of a start up application via msconfig That solved that problem for good Ran fine again for a few weeks Now it won't boot Here's the steps it goes through Toshiba screen Screen filled with all s I have no clue what this is Windows XP loading screen Screen flashes yellow VERY brief Then it goes to a black screen And stays there Until you shut it down The laptop DOES boot in safe mode I suspect the graphics card might be bad but that's only because I have NO other explanation Does anyone have an idea Sorry for the long explanation Thanks in advance for any help

A:Laptop not booting, possible graphics card issue?

Try Last Known Configuration. If that doesn't work then boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the Display driver and restart. Windows will load the Default VGA driver. Then you can download an updated driver for the display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-not-booting-possible-graphics-card-issue-405874.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am working on a Dell inspiron laptop and diagnostics showed the gb hard drive was bad so I bought new gb hard drive I have tried to re-install windows but when it gets to the install windows screen the message appears that there is no hard drive installed I hooked up the Dell Laptop issue hard drive to an adapter and formatted it and can see the drive I also put the hard drive in a different dell computer and used the same windows cd and the install starts I took a another hard drive out of a laptop and put it in the problem machine and I see the windows logo and windows loading and then get a blue screen but I think that is normal due to the drivers being different as they are different models of laptops I did the dell diagnostics and everything is OK The time and dates is not staying set in the bios but that should not be related I do not see anything about the hard drive in the bios and I was wondering if there might be an issue of this laptop being incompatible with a larger hard drive Any ideas

A:Dell Laptop issue

when a mb fails partially, it is hard to tell. If no laptop drive is recognized, check the pins on the drive and the adapter (part of the caddy) and look for cold solder on the pins that connect to the MB. You may have to completely remove the mb to check the underside.http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...en/SM/index.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329970/dell-laptop-issue/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello there New to the forums I have an intriguing graphics driver issue that has come up since I did a fresh install of Windows Pro Laptop Driver Irking for Graphics Issue Toshiba with Media Center on my Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop Toshiba C - It seems that Toshiba does not have an quot updated quot graphics driver Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop for Windows The default Microsoft driver has a few issues The screen likes to flicker a lot and sometimes text becomes quot garbled quot and such I have gone though Intel's site looking for the driver but the download only updates the quot SATA controller quot not the graphics driver I have attached two images displaying what the graphics card is and the driver versions I hope someone is able to Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop help me find an updated Intel driver so that these icky bugs can go away It's the only true thing that is avoiding me from loving Windows on this laptop I can provide more information if it's needed Toshiba Satellite C - Windows Pro with Media Center -bit Pentium Dual-Core T GHz Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family at x Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Conexant SmartAudio HD GB Memory

A:Irking Graphics Driver Issue for Toshiba Laptop

You can try to install the windows 7 driver in compatibility mode..?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14439-irking-graphics-driver-issue-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi nbsp I purchased a brand new HP -AY TX Laptop a week ago As It was Free DOS I had to install the Windows bit OS and Device Drivers on my own I downloaded all the Device Drivers from this HP Website nbsp HP -AY TX Windows Drivers nbsp nbsp I experienced problem installing the Intel HD Graphics Driver it closes with the exception saying the Hardware doen't meet the minimum Requirments Then I installed the AMD intel Switchable graphics it installed successfully nbsp nbsp Now Driv... Laptop HP Freezing of Graphics because Issue 15-AY503TX After Restarting I right click and saw AMD Settings Intel Graphics HP 15-AY503TX Laptop Freezing Issue because of Graphics Driv... settings are missing When I try to open the AMD Settings It said AMD Drivers are missing or not working properly Later I understood that the AMD Settings wont work unless the Intel HD Graphics Driver was installed nbsp What I did is I installed the Windows Intel HD Graphics Driver Then updated the Drivers with Windows Update After the Windows Update My Intel HD Graphics Driver was successfully installed and working I can open the AMD Settings also nbsp Now the Laptop started to Freeze Balck Screen with Backlight On and no response to the Inputs from Keyboard or Mouse randomly when using Google chrome when scanning virus nbsp or nbsp any activity other than gaming nbsp I guess this is problem with the Graphics Driver But my question is Why HP Provided a Driver which says that the Computer doesn't meet the minimum system Requirements Do I miss any Hardware in my Laptop nbsp nbsp And One Work around to this problem I found is changing the Refresh rate to Hz from Hz But at Hz also I experience the same freezing issue but less frequent than running at Hz nbsp nbsp Please somebody help me out I guess there is no problem with my Hardware nbsp nbsp I baught this Laptop for Android Development The Emulators wont work without the Proper graphics Drivers When It freezes all my Coding is lost Its really frustating me Its a good Laptop with this small Issue Please Give me a Permanent solution nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-15-AY503TX-Laptop-Freezing-Issue-because-of-Graphics/td-p/5810232
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm having some charger problems. I had my charger plugged into and outlet and into the computer and it was working fine but once I unplugged it and moved my computer to a different place with a different outlet it stopped working. In the past, the light on my charger has stayed on even when not plugged in to an outlet or computer. The outlet is not the problem as I have tried plugging it in to multiple outlets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for not giving much information; if any other information would be beneficial please let me know. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-charger-issue.947885/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently got an older dell laptop, and i have been having a problem during boot. Right before the BIOS finishes loading, i get a white screen that reads- "unknown device in system modular bay." I cant proceed beyond this point, so i just keep rebooting over and over until i get to my desktop. I unplug everything from it, and i still get this problem. any thoughts?

A:Dell laptop boot issue

"sounds" like you have a new hardware device or input device without the drivers installed. Is that possible?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-boot-issue.73322/
Relevancy 54.61%

my sisters dell laptop purchased x-mas 2010. the laptop will not turn on. have replaced battery,power cord, wall outlet works dell is no help. what should we do/ is it time to get a new one. I get the impression this is a problem with dells in general.

Relevancy 54.61%

I don't know whether it's hardware or software issue or how to find out, I didn't know if I should post this here or under laptops.

It's a Dell Inspirion 2600 Laptop running XP Professional.

Basically, the thing will either randomly right click at the same time I left click (doesn't matter if I use the mouse or the touchpad), or it will randomly open the Start menu for no good reason. Sometimes this problems gets so bad, the computer is unusable. Other times, it works just fine.

Anyway, I keep virus scanning it and it comes out clean, I'm guessing maybe hardware issue, but I dunno.

I want to fix it myself because I am leaving to a job on a bus in exactly two weeks, and I need to bring a laptop with me and I can't buy a new one.

A:Weird Dell Laptop Issue

Are you sure that you are not accidently clicking the windows button to get the start menu popping up? As far as the right/left click action, make sure you are only touching the one bad. You could take a look at the buttons settings in mouse in control panel, but that doesn't sound like its the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-dell-laptop-issue-473596.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just hooked up a laptop computer for a client of mine and he tried to use his wireless connection at the library and his home the other day but wouldn't connect. He can see the networks but it won't connect.

Any help appreciated.

Evan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-laptop-wireless-issue-239179.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I m having a particularly frustrating problem with my laptop s Laptop Dell on Wi-Fi Issue Windows 7 with Solved: wifi connection and couldn t find any other posts with the same conditions My Windows laptop has no problem finding a wireless signal and connecting Once I m connected I get full wireless bars and everything seemingly works fine for a few minutes At that point some pages will stop loading and others will partially load usually without pictures Eventually it will just stop working completely especially in firefox For some reason pages seem to load better in Chrome but Solved: Wi-Fi Issue with Dell Laptop on Windows 7 very slowly and sometimes not at all I ve already tried several solutions like renewing my ip address and flushing the DNS Sometimes doing that works for a small period of time but the problem always returns Winsockfix did nothing as well I ve reset and unplugged my modem and router countless times Using a wired connection on my network seems to work fine on the laptop I have another computer at home connected to my network through wifi that also worked fine I ve also been able to recreate this problem on my laptop through a wifi hotspot at work so I think the problem can be narrowed down to the laptop and not my router or home network It seems like it has to be a virus or firewall causing the problem but I ve turned windows firewall off completely and don t know of any others on my computer I also ran a full scan in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and came up with one trojan that was successfully removed though the problem remains If anyone has ever dealt with this or has has any ideas I am open to suggestions Theres probably something really simple that i m overlooking Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Netbook that runs on Windows 7. When I insert the charger in, it doesn't charge. Well, it usually doesn't. Sometimes, after I push it in really hard and twist and jerk it around, it works, but I have to keep it absolutely still. As you can probably conclude, this is a giant pain. The laptop and charger are about two months old. The charger shows no obvious damage.

This is the second time this has happened. It happened with my Compaq laptop back in May '09. This doesn't happen to my sister's laptop. Or my dad's. Do I have a charger curse or something?

A:Laptop charger issue for Dell NetBook

The Achilles heel of all PC laptops -- the ever weak, ever breaking power connection in the laptop. I've never seen a case where this plug was damaged that it was not caused by abuse -- pulling sideways on that connector when it was plugged in.

And in every case, the user denies they did such a thing; but, there it is, the irrefutable evidence.

It has to be either a damaged cord on the charger or a broken socket in the laptop. And it is quite an expensive repair if the damage is in the laptop, which it almost always is as the laptop must be disassembled completely and the main board removed in order to repair it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-issue-for-dell-netbook.931748/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Using a Dell laptop with Windows 7 - laptop has just died by undertaking a registry clean up using norton utilities. It won't reboot or restart and has tried repairing itself but can't.

Anyone any ideas? Unfortunately, it hasn't been backed up for a few months. Worst case scenario - just want to be able to get all the data off the hard drive and buy a new laptop.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

A:Issue with Dell Laptop & Norton Utility

If you have the installation DVD you could try a repair install which should not overwrite your data.

In order to access the drive you could put it into an external enclosure and copy the data to another PC. You could also use a linux live disc or symantec ghost to access the data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-with-dell-laptop-and-norton-utility-573963.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyone out there, I'm experiencing a lot of trouble and difficulties with my laptop. I recently got a virus and the past few days I've been doing whatever I could to fix it and so I finally uninstalled the virus, but now, When I want to go on websites like on internet explorer or google chrome, it says different error messages. Mostly it says 'windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically, contact your internet service provider or network administrator for help or click here for information about things you can try to help resolve the problem'. My laptop says wifi is connected and it shows that it is, but I really don't know what's going on or what the problem is. I've tried everything! Can someone, anyone PLEASE help me out here!!!

A:Dell Laptop Issue: Can't connect to internet :(

you may not have removed all the virus, it can be a specialist area to remove fully
I have moved to the virus / malware forum

Please have a read here and reply as requested
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-issue-cant-connect-to-internet.1151605/
Relevancy 53.75%

My letter to Mr Michael Dell Dear Mr Dell I realize that there is an extremely small chance of this letter ever reaching your desk and I guess that is the reason I have never written a letter of issue or complaint to a company I have little faith that it will ever make a difference However I am so extremely disappointed at the moment and I feel I must do something for my own peace of mind I am a single mom raising kids alone I have desktop computers quot hand me downs quot from friends I have been able to fix almost every single problem that has ever occured with all my desktops I have replaced fans installed hardware set up a complete wireless networking system etc I understand this may not be impressive Laptop cord issue Power Dell to you but I have had no computer classes or nor have I ever been taught anything Six months ago I made the decision to purchase a laptop I was looking for small convenient and inexpensive This would just be a luxury for me to check email and have a few files on Dell Laptop Power cord issue hand for when I go somewhere I did a lot of research and talked to several Dell Laptop Power cord issue friends My brother has HP s and loves them but he started having problems with one of them it was TWO years old I wanted a more reliable laptop LONG story short I decided on DELL I purchased the Dell service tag MFXZ on Feb It has been less than six months and a few days ago I started having problems with the Dell Laptop Power cord issue powercord The connection became loose I would jiggle the adapter prong and it would be ok Last night it completely turned off and the jiggle would not work anymore I purchased a new powercord and it did not work I spent all morning on the phone with technical support and on the computer MY HP trying to figure out what to do I find out that my warranty ran out after months I was told that the mother board needs to be replaced and that it would cost I am in total and complete shock There is NO WAY even IF I HAD the money that I would invest that much more money in a computer that I do not believe in I have not even had the laptop for months lt gt I was using the laptop to create scrapbooks for my sons baseball team I had scanned over pictures that the parents had got together for me and I was supposed to have everything ready by Thursday Needless to say I never expected this situation to happen and I am not ONLY out of a computer but I have lost weeks of work and will not be able to have the scrapbooks in time for our party The saddest part of this whole situation is I DO NOT THINK IT IS THE MOTHER BOARD gt the back connection is loose it is the CONNECTION that will not let the power get to the computer and CHARGE the battery I tried to explain this to the DELL technicians and they proceeded to tell me that they were not authorized to tell me it is the connection and that they can give me a deal of to repair the MOTHER BOARD gt I just do NOT understand this I have been reading all the comments on the dell website community boards and it appears that this is a HUGE problem and I am not the only person to ever complain I know that my situation is no less more important than anyone else but I can t remember EVER being this disappointed in a product that I have purchased And for the service help I have received I will never EVER purchase another Dell and although I have never been a trouble maker or CRUSADER I will be sure that anyone ever needing a computer and asking my advice will NOT be advised to buy a DELL thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

running win xp m140 on issue dell Keyboard laptop sp ie norton s systemworks and windows defender windows firewall also active a week and a half ago had a redirect from gmail to another site for a few hours then it went away thought it was a google problem i think keyboard started to act funny shortly after typing from a wireless keyboard that is not fully functional right now but it s what I have tried to use the laptop keyboard but everything i d typed before got deleted from this forum post the problem had been that the botton two rows come up together if I type a j the m comes up the f and the v come up together like that keyboard has been replaced twice by myself once by a dell Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop tech who then also replaced the motherboard and the problem persists the motherboard becasue I thought the machine had run hot a bit when it seemed the fan Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop did not go on last month fwiw i do understand most hardware stuff Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop have built my own desktop and helped build many others and my husband is an it pro so he encouraged me to keep this machine and work on the software os for a keyboard fix before pulling the hard drive and sending it out in addition to the stuff i mentioned up top the nortons win firewall and defender i have run housecall from trend micro spybot adaware sdfix from safemode kapersky comes up with an infection after running all these the other things came up with tracking cookies that i had them just clean problem persists have all logs of stuff that s been run do not want to send this machine back to dell last time they had it for a keyboard spill --- a very minor one --- it was five weeks before i saw it and two weeks before they sent me the material to send the machine back it was merely a keyboard spill and it was last christmas help --- marylyn

A:Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186236/keyboard-issue-on-dell-m140-laptop/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell laptop that is monitor issue connect to laptop dell extended connect to a samsung monitor the dell laptop is like inch and the samsung monitor is like inch I wanted to use extend display on the laptop the laptop dell laptop connect to monitor extended issue is set as primary and the monitor is secondary I am able to drag stuff to the monitor however when i enlarge some boxes like IE explorer it does not fit to the screen and is like over the edge abit How do i make it so that it can fit to screen I have try figuring and adjusting the resolution but still it does not fix to the screen exactly Beforehand the user has a hp laptop and larger in screen like inch and connected to the samsung monitor Someone help to adjust it to fit it to the samsung screen so it mean the samsung monitor does not have problem I do not know how he manage to fix it Anyone experience this issue before nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

IF YOUR DELL/HP/APPLE LAPTOP HAS THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
Distorted or scrambled video on the notebook computer screen
No video on the computer screen even when the notebook computer is on
Random characters or garbled images on the notebook computer screen
Intermittent video failure
Failure to detect the wireless adapter or failure to detect wireless network

DO NOT THROW/SELL/GIVE AWAY YOUR LAPTOP, YOU WILL BE ISSUE A REPLACEMENT OR FREE REPAIR, NVIDIA HAS TO PAY FOR MAKING FAULTY VIDEO CHIPS, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, FINALLY JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE!!!!

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-you-own-a-dell-hp-apple-laptop-and-have-hardware-issue-read.974759/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I downloaded the image from Dells site and put it on a USB and booted from it. My SSD does show up, but it gives me an error when I try to install it on a partition. I forgot the exact error, but it says something about checking the log which I also can't find. I even tried deleting the partition and installing it on the volume it shows and even tried creating a new one. None of it worked.

Basically I took out the old SSD (I think its an M2 SSD) and put in a larger one and just want to put Windows on it again. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19990031
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone I have been working on trying to get my brother s Dell laptop to boot It has apparently been doing a checkdisk every time he boots up This has been going on for about weeks Before that it was acting flaky like it needed Windows reinstalled His wife likes to download games and junk from the internet and I m constantly fixing the darned thing He brought it to me tonight Dell laptop issue with boot Strange Solved: and what it is doing Solved: Strange boot issue with Dell laptop is not booting at all When I turn on the power it goes to the typical Dell screen that gives the option of F for Setup and F for Boot options If I go into setup it is showing the info on the memory and HDD so I know that it probably is seeing those ok If I let it try to boot without hitting F or F then it goes to a back lit black screen and stops It won t go any further If I hit F and try to boot to the Dell utilities CD it will boot to it And run tests There was a bad spot on the HDD when I ran the tests just on the HDD If I put in any Windows CD I ve tried different cd s both tested ok in another computer to reinstall the OS then it does just what it was doing while trying to boot to the HDD Just that back lit black screen If I boot to the utilities CD and then exit the program and then change directory to the C a directory listing shows quot Volume in Drive C is MS-RAMDRIVE quot and shows command com as the only file on the C drive I m not sure if this is an accurate listing of the physical drive or if this is the utilities disk creating a temp disk This is not making any sense to me why I can t get the computer to boot to a Windows install cd Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Okay first things first- I was told to post in this forum on my original post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t so-over-my-head-now-whole-network-infection-if-seems Here s the dealio and the logs for this computer for Issue Laptop- #2 infection? nasty? 4...Dell new FBI of past more info on the WHOLE issue please see the link above This is part of issues I am Issue #2 of 4...Dell Laptop- past FBI infection? new nasty? having Issue #2 of 4...Dell Laptop- past FBI infection? new nasty? ugh Computer is a DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP running WINDOWS I suspect this machine was the source of whatever infection my network caught because it was what I watch Internet TV on and the initial scans said it was most infected- Trojans backdoors toolbars you name it I had the FBI virus about - months ago but I thought I had gotten rid of it After all this I m Issue #2 of 4...Dell Laptop- past FBI infection? new nasty? now wondering if it is somehow a delayed reaction from that Regardless I reinstalled windows from CD about weeks ago Been scared to turn it on since after the reinstallation I was getting clean scans So as far as I know it was at one point clean good at pretending and I just want to make sure it ACTUALLY is clean Across my computers I ve seen everything flagged from Trojans to backdoors to spyware to adware Can t recall what specifically got flagged on this one BUT since I ve got more logs than I know what to do with I ve included the dropbox link to ALL the logs I have over the past - months http db tt zlnSAkDq Like I mentioned I had this posted in another forum but no response until someone told me to post here and wait all over again L I had a bunch of views and almost days of waiting Truthfully I'm sorta ready to just dban everything tech guy work just mentioned this program and reinstall but even THAT I m scared to do without ya lls help or if will even actually make a difference I really do need help My tech home all of it is basically useless and I keep falling further and further behind in work and personal life because of this can't complete work home because can't reinstall install needed programs can't pay bills online or order items I need for my house because I don't know my computer is clean enough to use my cc can't forget about all this and watch TV because I don't have cable and my TV comes from the internet etc Add to that I'm going through cancer treatment and all this building stress is NOT good for me TMI well i figure gives a sense for why I am so desperate I swear there is a special place in hell for some of these hacker virus creators Someone please xxxxxxxx ORIGINAL DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP LOG xxxxxxxxxxx DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Alison at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google com BHO AutorunsDisabled - lt orphaned gt BHO Search Helper EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll mRun QuickSet c program files dell quickset QuickSet exe mRun Dell PC TuneUp Startup c program files iolo common lib ioloLManager exe mRun RoxWatchTray c program files com... Read more

A:Issue #2 of 4...Dell Laptop- past FBI infection? new nasty?

Alright so in checking that my post showed up correctly I stumbled upon this post...seems like A LOT of the stuff that happened on my computers (including the weird desktop.ini files in all my folders!!) Not sure if this is helpful but thought since it was soo similar it might be relevant. Haven't done anything suggested here though since I had my own post already and I am trying to be patient
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506405/unknown-undetected-virus-now-created-authorized-user-permissions/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508165/issue-2-of-4dell-laptop-past-fbi-infection-new-nasty/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey A friend of mine who s not computer savvy performed a partial format without knowing what formatting does So now she has an empty hd My problem is this She gave me the A drive and a cdrom drive both external but only one can be plugged in at a time I am trying to install K over the old XP After I formatted the hd I tried using a K bootdisk so I can begin a fresh OS install BUT since only one of the externals can be plugged in at one OS issue Dell install Latitude L400 laptop time I cannot get the bootdisk to recognize a cdrom drive during the boot Then Dell Latitude L400 laptop OS install issue I tried to boot straight from the cdrom with a bootable K cd Dell Latitude L400 laptop OS install issue But I am not having any luck with the laptop reading the cd in order to perform a clean cd install The cdrom spins makes noise and stuff so I know the power is there But it seems as if the laptop isn t reading the cdrom correctly because it still bypasses the cdrom and reads the hd and of course comes up with quot Missing operating system quot Anyone know what I can do to get an OS installed on this laptop I ll be away from my pc and the laptop until around today but I might be able to sneak in a reply or two during the day nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Is this laptop upgradable= Dell Vostro 15 3559 3559541TBiBU  Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Ubuntu/Integrated Graphics), Black  ?
How can i make it faster and how much of RAM or Ghz can i increase?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996475
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm not sure if this is a major issue but I've never seen a system that has done this and the computer is only a couple of months old Not sure if worth the time effort to deal with Dell tech support so I'll try here first to see if anyone else has seen this or experienced similar issues No matter what device I plug in to the USB port i e thumb drive external HDD MP player etc when I go to remove the device and use the icon on the system tray to safely remove the device I click on the icon and nothing happens New Dell harware and remove issue eject media" Laptop- "Safely No matter New Dell Laptop- "Safely remove harware and eject media" issue if I use left or right click nothing happens I'm used to it opening a context menu asking which device I would like to safely remove but this does nothing However when I shut down restart for a split second on the bottom right of the screen that context menu flashes and then disappears like it was running in the background but couldn't work up the nerve to display it for some reason shy maybe So far I have had no issues of lost or corrupt files as a result of not being able to safely remove the devices but I'm just waiting for the day that it does Anyone else have issues with this or know anything about why it might be happening If not I'll suck it up and call Dell tech support and see what country I can talk to Thanks in advance

A:New Dell Laptop- "Safely remove harware and eject media" issue

I have a work-around, but not a fix. It will allow you to safely remove a USB item by;

Go into Windows Explorer and find the device to be removed
R-click the device, and on the menu select "eject"
You should get the "safe to remove" prompt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541784/new-dell-laptop-safely-remove-harware-and-eject-media-issue/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I just purchased a Dell laptop and & XP Memory Issue - New Shutdown Dell Error Install Laptop Virtual installed Dell's XP disc to replace Vista All is working well except Shutting down takes minutes to get to quot Logging Off quot and quot Shutting Down quot New Dell Laptop XP Install - Shutdown Issue & Virtual Memory Error screens It hangs on the background screen after the icons task bar disappear I think is a driver issue I can go in and New Dell Laptop XP Install - Shutdown Issue & Virtual Memory Error out of Standby mode in seconds the computer starts up amp shuts down very quickly in Safe mode I have run virus spyware scans clean I removed most StartUp programs Windows Error - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low Here is the exact message quot Windows Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low Your system is low on virtual memory Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file During this process memory requests for some applications New Dell Laptop XP Install - Shutdown Issue & Virtual Memory Error may be denied For more information see Help quot As for errors in the eventviewer logs we have Error Service Control Mgr - Event There are about in a group roughly when the windows error popped up I already set my virtual memory minimum to exactly what I found repeated in Google queries It's set to MB for low and high and I'm running GB of RAM Could someone please help me to fix these two issues Thank you in advance

A:New Dell Laptop XP Install - Shutdown Issue & Virtual Memory Error

Hi sean123456, and welcome to TSF.

Take a look at this page and get back to us if things are no better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f174/is-your-pc-running-slow-247566.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-dell-laptop-xp-install-shutdown-issue-and-virtual-memory-error-287983.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Nice to meet you all I have just recently changed to the latest Nvidia drivers for my Geforce Only to find out that games which are VERY graphically intensive like prince of persia will immediately cause my entire machine to reboot I could only think of two issues which could be causing this Overheating or Conflicting memory access I m not even sure it was straight after I upgraded drivers as all I played before this was Priston Tale which as you know is NOT atall graphically intensive The shutdown and Flickering Graphics Sudden shutdowns reboot happens immediately after the game graphics appear on the screen not during fmv scenes Which brings me to my second issue Flickering thick Sudden shutdowns and Flickering Graphics black lines which run around the shaded areas of d graphics in less intesive games Priston Tale Ragnarok D D HAL and D D TL One strange thing I noticed about this is that when I bring up a d menu in the center of the the d graphics it stops flickering even though the exact same graphics are still going on in the background I m really lost on this one I have the event logs of what exactly happend at the time of shutdowns Sudden shutdowns and Flickering Graphics Please see below NVIEW rundll WAIT TIMEOUT process x thread x wait x pwait x NVIEW rundll Mutex Recovery Code - after seconds mutex still stuck NView and Mutexes are now disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-shutdowns-and-flickering-graphics.295403/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok well my sister and I were playing america s army when my internet crashed So I restarted the modem and the ethernet light came crashed HELP!! all Dell of the sudden!!! on indicating that I got the internet to my computer now but the usb did not which is the cable running to the dell So we restarted it Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! and when we went to turn it back on Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! it runs a blue screen really really fast so you can t even possibly read it Then it goes to where you can select to go to safe mode or start windows normally or even start windows with last known good configuration So I hit start windows normally and it comes up with the windows xp logo with the little scrolling bar But then it restarts And I get this cycle where it never Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!! boots up I tried taking out the memory modules one at a time to see if it would boot with one of them that didn t work I took out the cmos battery and that didn t work As far as I know all the cables should be good and secure I removed the PCI graphics card and used the onboard video and that didn t do anything either So I am really stuck to what to do here I do have some stuff I need to get off there so if it comes to the point that I can t get it to run I will pop it into my computer and hopefully I can get my parents program they have to do their bills with backed up So if any one has suggestions as to what could have happend that would be great I guess if it involves much of a part change or something I am probably going to junk it Specs Dell Dimension E gig of ram Geforce FX video card has been crashing a few times lately but I thought maybe it was graphics overeheating gig HD Intel Pentium Ghz processor Well it would be great if anybody has any suggestions nbsp

A:Dell crashed all of the sudden!!! HELP!!

Boot off of a recovery disk like BartPE if you can get to one and run Checkdisk.
If that doesn't work then follow this guide on doing a repair install of XP, you won't lose any files. (Famous Last Words)
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html

Yes it could just be overheated. Let it cool off for an hour or so and try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-crashed-all-of-the-sudden-help.94260/
Relevancy 49.02%

So for quite a few months now when I am playing Dota or watching youtube videos my HP ENVY nbsp will suddenly lag and a screeching noise will come through my headphones It essentially freezes up and I HP graphics lag spike screeching ENVY audio and sudden have trouble getting the mouse and keyboard to respond as well After about a minute of HP ENVY sudden screeching audio and graphics lag spike screeching and intense lag it slowly starts working again nbsp nbsp I searched the internet and HP ENVY sudden screeching audio and graphics lag spike found this archived thread about an ASUS laptop that was experiencing the same problem as mine nbsp http rog asus com forum archive index php t- html s d a ce bc d eb f a nbsp In that thread they seemed to think the network drivers or Mcafee was causing the problem I dont' have Mcafee and I updated my Realtek LAN drivers and the problem has not gone away In that thread someone posted a youtube video showing the lag and it is exactly the same thing that is happening to me nbsp https www youtube com watch v VZdmM qjLxk nbsp At and this is the exact awful sound I'm hearing accompanied by insane stuttering on my computer nbsp My product number is nbsp C P AV nbsp Does anyone have any ideas Solved View Solution

A:HP ENVY sudden screeching audio and graphics lag spike

Hi @GeneralSu , Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook and  sudden screeching audio and graphics lag. Here is a link to computer locks up or freezes that may help. Any Virus protection program can cause this same issue. Try temporarily disabling it to see if this helps. You could try a Refresh with Windows 8. Please read all the documentation before starting. This would fix your sound and lagging. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Hope this helps please let me know. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-sudden-screeching-audio-and-graphics-lag-spike/td-p/5097256
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I've owned this Dell XPS for around a year a half with no problems at all It has served Dell Sudden issues outbreak XPS of 15... with me well during my travels Sudden outbreak of issues with Dell XPS 15... up until recently Though I'm not sure if any of the issues are linked I figured it would be a safe bet to list them all out just to be safe It Sudden outbreak of issues with Dell XPS 15... first started a couple of months ago when my computer first froze for about seconds blacked out and came back displaying a warning that the Intel graphics driver had crashed something to that extent I thought nothing of it given it quickly resumed normal operation without a hitch This continued to happen maybe once a week but the quick recovery always followed Fast forward to three days ago I was downloading a game on steam Dead Space and browsing the web when I was hit with the same freezing though this time it lasted a little bit longer and ended with a blue screen I've gotten the blue screen once or twice before but nothing had ever come of it Just as before my computer quickly Sudden outbreak of issues with Dell XPS 15... re-booted and I resumed the download Stepped away for - minutes and came back to find my computer displaying quot Operation System Not Found quot I restarted my computer and was asked to select a source in which to load windows from I selected my hard drive and again it displayed quot Operation System Not Found quot At this point I had come to the conclusion that my hard drive had crashed To be sure I took out my hard drive plugged it up to a Seagate GoFlex adapter and plugged it up to another computer To my surprise I was able to fully browse all of my files and the hard drive worked with no problems I then plugged it back into my laptop and selected the quot Diagnostic quot option on the boot menu After having found no problems with itself my computer re-booted and loaded Windows as normal albeit a little bit slower Excited I logged in and immediately noticed a significant performance drop and a consistent quot freezing quot for - seconds occurring every - seconds Regardless I began to run a virus scan utilizing Norton which took considerably longer than normal and returned no results Frustrated I restarted to computer only to be met with the same quot Operation System Not Found quot display as before I re-ran the Diagnostics rebooted my system and found Windows again Suffering the same performance drop and freezing as before I downloaded AVG to see if it could find anything that Norton might have missed but returned nothing Now I am here I've tried everything that I can think of but still have not been able to identify what the problem is In games or while playing media the periodic freezing continues effecting everything including sound The quot Operation System Not Found quot warning displays every time I shut down or hibernate the system I've checked the processes and am not able to identify anything out of the ordinary CPU and Memory usage levels are normal and do not spike during the freezes Writing this alone has taken me minutes longer than it would have normally because of the damned freezing Any help would be appreciated

A:Sudden outbreak of issues with Dell XPS 15...

Quote:

"Operation System Not Found"

That is actually Operating System Not Found, in other words, it can't find Windows Operating System. Freezing is usually caused by overheating, blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Trying running the laptop without the battery, and just the power adapter.
What is the exact model # of your Dell XPS 15 laptop computer? Go to the Dell Drivers site type in your service tag # and download the Video/Display adapter driver for your model. That should eliminate the Blue Screen.
Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and Restart the computer. Check Disk will run at next bootup to test the HDD.
Try running the computer in a Clean Boot.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. This may solve the problem, but if either one fails, then the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sudden-outbreak-of-issues-with-dell-xps-15-a-677105.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a system with a Geforce GTX graphics card and a a aren't graphics sudden. supporting all monitors multiple of My cards Geforce GTX card which each run My graphics cards aren't supporting multiple monitors all of a sudden. monitors for a total of core AMD with gb ram Win A few days ago a plug-in for Adobe After Effects needed me to upgrade my graphics card drivers via a prompt and I allowed it to proceed Usually I DL direct from Nvidia After a restart several Adobe products up to date through CC began to crash on start-up Upon checking it seems the driver selected for me was not the current Nvidia I uploaded to that which yielded no better results The whole system was performing fine except the three graphics intensive Adobe apps all continued to crash on start-up Several days of troubleshooting with clean uninstalls re-installs of both Adobe and Nvidia got me nowhere Then yesterday after rolling back the Nvidia drivers with no luck I upgraded back to the The install went a little off and went into a black screen with a non-responsive mouse visible A hard restart brought the system on line and showing the driver had installed Again no luck with the program loads which had started the whole troubleshooting odyssey Many many pages looked at with many different suggested fixes I would have pushed my system back to a restore point before all this mess but it couldn t access the restore point Possibly an indication of something being out of whack My system has gone through multiple operating systems over many years and I decided this might be a good justification to clear everything with a clean OS install So I bite the bullet and installed Win to my SSD and started with a clean slate Windows pulled up an older graphics driver to load in and my system went from the one screen back to multi Next I fished out the and began installing that It started out fine then dove into the black screen A hard restart and it started entering a pattern where it would work for seconds then go to a black screen for a minute or so The mouse would also go into and out of responsiveness as if the OS was blinking on and blinking off The timing made it impossible to reboot in safe mode Since fast booting and an SSD made the keyboard shortcut unworkable After another reinstall of windows I saw the same problem reappear when Windows auto installed a version of the Nvidia drivers Finally seeing a mention of a similar problem being traced to multiple monitors I disconnected the other three monitors connected to the system and suddenly my system was working fine on a single monitor I installed the Nvidia driver and after rebooting just to check all was perfect on the single monitor set-up I tried hooking up one of the other monitors as a test and when I went to detect it my main monitor started going once again into the cycle of long black pauses I was able to regain monitor functionality by disconnecting the second monitor and rebooting but this is a very bad situation for me What might be causing my problems I thought it was the but even on older drivers it is not letting me work with more than one monitor now I would have thought the clean install of windows would have cleared away any conflicting code but no My cards have been solid so I didn t think it was hardware related I ve been on these monitors for years without problem What started as an error problem loading a few graphics intensive programs has now smothered my whole system Do you have any ideas of a possible solution or at least a way to diagnose the problem

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/65738-my-graphics-cards-arent-supporting-multiple-monitors-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 48.59%

OK so admin at warrock said try the forum the forum kept yielding advice that was no help I have tried uninstalling reinstalling downloading setup from different places I have updated my winxp in a futile attempt to get it working but still have problem The one remedy I couldn t try was change compatibility mode to xp but for some reason my xp compatibility options only range to win The open warrock on warrock graphics Black load no Issue sounds but Screen Graphics file works Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics then the g page comes up and I press the enter Graphics Issue on warrock Black Screen sounds load but no graphics button hackshield starts fine then I get the wallpaper before you get to logon screen with servers at this point ratherthan tabs to choose from I get a black screen I can hear the image maps respond but cant see anything please help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name BLACK-PC Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GRGK BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file vinyl sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce MX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce MX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Default Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - BA C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FA... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-issue-on-warrock-black-screen-sounds-load-but-no-graphics.936251/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Everyone,

I have Dell N5010 with following Specs;
Core i7 (740QM)
4 Gb Ram
1 Gb Ati Radeon graphic card
500Gb Hdd
It came with a Preloaded Windows 7 Home Edition, but i Have upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultimate x64

The laptop is 7 months old and i had a fresh install of windows a month ago.

The Windows is Full Retail : (Windows 7 Ultimatex64)

The problem is that whenever i try to run a heavy programme, or update my windows, a blue screen pops up saying MEMORY DUMP and then the machiene shuts down.. I really dont know whats happening with my laptop.

I have zipped the entire WINDOWS_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & PERFMON HTML file.

Regards

Saadleo

A:BSOD Dell 5010 & Sudden Shut down..please Help!!

Hello Saadleo, welcome to SF!

I suspect a memory error. Could be drivers but faulty RAM stick(s) is a possibility too.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Just in case... also check your Devices, specifically USB ports. Some device issues there in one of the dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183330-bsod-dell-5010-sudden-shut-down-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running a dell inspiron 1545 (vista 32).

When trying to open the intel graphics driver properties it won't open (no error message)
When I try to change the display settings I get the error message "the currently selected graphics driver can not be used (written for a older version of windows)
When I run dixdiag I get the error that direct input isn't responding.
I tried to download drivers from intel but I got the error message that my machine doesen't meet the system requirements (I'm not entirly sure I picked the right software)

All the drivers from the dell site appear to do nothing and I've updated from direct 9 to 11.

Still no fix

If anyone can help me fix it give me your email and I'll gift you a itunes voucher or something, this problem is causing huge problems for me.

Much appreciated

Relevancy 47.73%

hi, i've run malwarebytes, super anti spyware, avast free, and spybot SD, and wasn't able to find anything that could be causing internet explorer or firefox to slow down on certain sites. would love some help.

thank you.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop, and while I was using it tonight it suddenly turned off.
I know it wasn't because of overheating, because the computer was cool to the touch right after it shut off.
All I had open was Skype, and I was watching a video in Windows Media Player.
The specs: 4th-gen i7 CPU, 8gb ram, 1TB HDD
Devices plugged in: Samsung 21.5" monitor via HDMI, Logitech G430 via USB, Logitech G302 via USB, Acer keyboard via USB, Blue Snowball via USB.
The laptop was on AC power and was fully charged when this occurred.

What could've happened?

A:Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series sudden shut down?

Could have still been an overheating problem. The CPU has autosense heat protection and will shut it down and may do that even if the case is not hot to the touch.

I see a lot of USB ports being used, is this your usual setup? If you are watching a video, the USB mic did not need plugged in.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66223-dell-inspiron-15-3000-series-sudden-shut-down.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I keep having issues with my win8.1 x64 workstation (which is used primarily for Supermicro IPMI access for work). Sudden restarts without BSOD or error display, numerous bugchecks in logs. 
I'm a Linux admin, not had to deal with Windows errors since 2k3.
Dump file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6BACD0185B4FB756!393&authkey=!AJwqdo-8uM9SoRU&ithint=file%2czip

A:Sudden reboot issue

Please run Memtest and Driver verifier.
Instructions for Memtest can be found
here.
Instructions for Driver Verifier can be found
here.
Instructions written by JMH3143/ ZigZag3143

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dee3fe8c-0a29-4814-8e5a-9801dc8a8c10/sudden-reboot-issue?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone Yesterday my laptop started stuttering Whether its music video or just switching tabs in firefox it happens I have done every possible scan or optimization to fix this problem but to no avail Sudden Stuttering Issue I was thinking it might be a virus even though avast and malwarebytes can t find it The only other correlation was earlier that day I was gaming on my laptop and I left it on a cooler on a couch which was a horrible idea because the fans caught on the fabric When I came back it was searing hot and smelled a little odd I quickly shut it off but before I did I checked the temperature which read c for the harddrive and c for the processor I m no expert but either this was incorrect or my computer should be fried However it started up ok and everything seemed to be normal until I noticed this stuttering issue I got excited later when I discovered that my power setting had changed and the computer had been throttling the processor to I adjusted it to and noticed a difference but either it was Sudden Stuttering Issue a placebo or the problem returned because it is stuttering again I was thinking the problem might have to do with the harddrive and the extremely high temperatures it was operating in I am running out of options and I need your input because I am lost Thank you for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings More-Savvy-Computer-People-Than-Me I have had a sudden World of Warcraft latency issue in the last Sudden Latency Issue WoW weeks that has been persistent and puzzling I am at a loss of who to call or WoW Sudden Latency Issue what to do Background info -I have played WoW for almost a year WoW Sudden Latency Issue now with consistent green latency and consistent fps -I have had the laptop I play WoW on for years and haven t had any internet issues til now -I have played with settings at lowest since I started playing this game due to an average video card not really meant for gaming- nevertheless latency was consistent and I was able to play normally albeit at half of normal fps I have learned to live with just fine -My internet is at a university on VPN -There are no viruses on my computer as of this time I will log into a brief green latency period generally lasting seconds It will either move into yellow latency - ms or the dangerous and most persistent red latency - although I ve had up to ms on one occasion The highest latency came from entering and attempting to do -man raid instances Red latency will usually culminate in inevitable disconnection The strange thing about the red and yellow latency is that my fps will rise about - higher than normal Usually this latency problem will peter out between and am where I will sometimes have green latency again although I am not usually up that late This problem has also supplemented with an interesting internet component If I view network status the internet bars will jump around quite frequently usually every - seconds It goes from bars to bars back up to bars and down to bars again After talking with a friend I was told to bars is normal but to bars is not good or normal I do not know if this happened before this latency problem because I did not look at it My internet works fine on everything else except maybe some longer buffer periods on youtube videos and anime Webpages do not load any slower nor do things like downloads of anything take any longer I do not know whether to blame WoW itself or the Internet The server I play on has been consistent even through patches of content- so has the fps and latency- all until weeks ago I do not know whether to blame the ISP when I have been connected to it for one whole month without problems Any ideas suggestions hints tips and even questions to help narrow down my problem are much appreciated Thank you in advance- I would really like to play a game I pay a month for normally again Toushirou nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-sudden-latency-issue.1020756/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys - new to the TSG forums Having a really confusing issue with my XP PC regarding my usb wireless adaptor device I was running a Billion Bipac n everything was working perfectly fine for about a month Just today I started to experience a few frequent drop outs My usual solution to this is to simply unplug and replug the device As I did this I got a Adapter Sudden Issue... !!?? USB very strange quot this device can run faster quot error stating the usb port I was plugging into was a USB port - which is simply not true On top of this I was prompted to install the driver for this device - just as if I had plugged it in for the first time The Realtek software I was using did not recognise the device and thus - no internet connection After doing the usual troubleshooting things - reinstalling both the software and the driver I continued to experience the same issues I noticed when going into Device Manager Sudden USB Adapter Issue... !!?? the device was listed with a yellow quot quot with a quot quot on it I searched around for a solution without any success After being frustrated I decided to install Sudden USB Adapter Issue... !!?? an older USB wireless device that had previously worked on the same computer I installed the drivers Sudden USB Adapter Issue... !!?? for this other device Netgear WG v and then experienced the same thing - yellow quot quot and quot quot without any response from the netgear software What is going on here Why aren t any of my usb devices working If anyone can help me out here I would be truly appreciative Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,
I purchased a brand new 15z ultrabook dell inspiron laptop 2-3years ago and only used the laptop for college and have taken really good care of it.
Yesterday, my computer wouldn't go past the dell logo screen because it was fixing the caches.
Today, i turn my laptop on and its fullu black screen with 3 beeps. I have tried resetting the laptop already.
Just very frustrated i pay 1 thousand bucks for a laptop and it dies so easily. Never will buy another Dell.
Can anyone help me resolve this problem?
Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988475
Relevancy 47.3%

Good morning to down sudden development shut issue of all Hope everyone is staying warm Last week devastated me I got slam dunked by something that busted through my security and wiped out my AV ware and before it let me go did a complete rewrite on sudden development of shut down issue my C Drive I ended up having to change out the drive and then doing a complete reformat and clean reinstall of my OS Got the machine back up My link Been working in the quot Am I infected quot forums to make sure that there are no lingering traces of anything This machine was given a clean bill of health The reason for me coming here is a problem that came out of the blue happened yesterday twice and not since Since doing the reformat and fresh install I reinstalled the driver package for my MOBO I have one driver that is being difficult I cannot find the right driver I am wondering if that missing driver might be the cause for the sudden shut downs I experienced yesterday Maybe that missing driver caused a conflict between the programs I was using to clean this machine and something on my MOBO I have no idea The problem driver is PCI Simple Communications Controller I have tried every driver on the HP website where I got the driver package for my MOBO I have received error messages that say this driver is not installed because the hardware cannot be found The driver is not right for the installed hardware This driver is not compatible with MOBO Each time it is a new problem Never the same one twice I finally became so frustrated with the problem I uninstalled the hardware but it is still there and I am reminded of it every time I do a restart so it s something on the MOBO I think What is needed to track down this problem hardware and driver Castoffpolite

A:sudden development of shut down issue

Okay, I had a DUH! moment.

I figured out the driver. It was staring me in the face the whole time. My tunnel vision was on full and I didn't see it, then I read a post about chipset items and the light bulb went on.

Thank You.

Castoffpolite

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377162/sudden-development-of-shut-down-issue/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi
All was fine this morning, & then i turned my pc off!
This evening, i turned pc on & immediately, i got the black screen with what said as near as i can remember!

Windows cannot start, appologise for the inconvenience, probably to do with a software or hardware change & that i should start in safe mode or normally or like last configurations etc! I clicked last configurations & then got pc rebooting again & got the XP logo & the usual screen only then back to same black screen with the options!

This happened 3 times & then the 'blue, Welcome' windows screen appeared & it was checking all types of things & then 'touch wood' it started ok & i saw my desktop! But am scared of shutting down again!! as it may not restart!
I haven't done anything like changed hardware or software!

Can anyone advise!!

thanks

A:Sudden XP not starting issue!! help needed!

Could be a damaged MBR...you could try running the fixmbr command from the XP Recovery Console on the Windows XP install CD.

Just guessing.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223995/sudden-xp-not-starting-issue-help-needed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone. I'm really hoping that I can get adequate help here. I used the SF tool, and I will upload the zip folder now. I'm not sure if you guys will need the mini dump file also so I will post the zip now and go create the mini dump then upload it.

*Edit*

I can only use the laptop when it is in safe mode. If I try to boot normally I get the BSOD error.

the stop code is

STOP: 0x8e (0x81df5c19, 0x9af1791c, 0x000000000)

A:BSOD - Sudden and troublesome issue![Please Help]

Welcome
While I examine your files perform a clean boot
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup - Windows 7 Forums
If you work ok with a clean boot, put the services back one at a time to find the cause of your BSODs

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/298074-bsod-sudden-troublesome-issue-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys This has really got me perplexed Everything was fine Sudden Permissions with issue Folder on my Win Pro bit machine until about a week or so ago Sudden issue with Folder Permissions I was downloading my bank statements as PDFs and each one comes down named quot statement pdf quot so I made a folder on my desktop to drop these in After each one came I planned on renaming it Except the rename wouldnt work It wasnt the same issue Ive seen all over the web where someone gets an error message Just nothing happens For example I create a new folder on my desktop called quot statements quot I download a new bank statement and drag it in that folder I click on the file and hit quot f quot for rename Nothing happens I right click on the Sudden issue with Folder Permissions file and choose rename Nothing happens It is as if I didnt even try to rename it It just ignores it BUT I can drag the folder to my desktop and rename it and then move it back into the folder MY WHOLE SYSTEM acts this way now except the desktop Another example When I scan documents from my MFC they all go into a folder each named quot SCAN pdf quot for example I have ALWAYS just renamed them right in that folder I cant do it anymore It just ignores it unless I move it to the desktop to rename it BUT I can go to a CMD prompt and the REN command works just fine And a few things The user I log in as RICH is a member of the Administrators group Hence an Admin The folders in question BELONG to my user So its not like they belong to a different user It has NOT worked like this all along In my SCAN folder I mention above the last time I scanned something and renamed it in that folder was August which is not even weeks ago I even tried to quot Take Ownership quot like some pages I found on google said Nope nothing So I'm lost I don't know why SUDDENLY and out of nowhere this problem seems to be happening Every single folder is like this Oh if I click on PROPERTIES I see that the folder has the SQUARE in the read only box This is apparently the way it is supposed to be So I humbly request someone to take me to school and tell me what the HECK I'm doing wrong Win PRO bit Avast Premier Antivirus Malwarebytes

A:Sudden issue with Folder Permissions

Oh, sfc /scannow found zero issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381469-sudden-issue-folder-permissions.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently I upgraded my internet speed to mb s through Cox I know I m a bit behind everyone else and for the day I upgraded it was great All my games were running fantasticly and things were loading up at an amazing rate Downloads were wonderfully fast and webcam streaming is great Then I wake up the next morning a Dealing with issue. sudden latency and try to do that again only to find myself jittery in game and with connection issues while talking with video Dealing with a sudden latency issue. and Dealing with a sudden latency issue. voice I have no idea what could cause this change The only thing I could think of was that for some reason the far end of the night I was having trouble keeping a connection Either the routers were both going out I have the cox router modem combo and a Netgear to give a better range or my brand new laptop was suddenly not able to hold on to their wifi signal A few days of just dealing with it and I come across a web program called Netalyzr and used it to test my network This is what it gave back http n netalyzr icsi berkeley edu summary id ea d- - fafe -cd a- e-b bf While I pride myself on being the Tech Guy for the folks around me I am not someone who speaks the code here So I want to ask if anyone here can translate this and let me know what I need to do Is it something that I can fix or is it something with my ISP nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Can I install WinXP Pro from older Dell laptop on to new Dell laptop?

I am using a Dell Inspiron 8200 right now and in order to save some money on my new Dell laptop, I'd like to order Home or MediaCenter with the new computer and then install WinXP Pro myself instead of paying the extra $119 to have them do it. I have a Reinstallation CD of WinXP Pro that came with the old Dell laptop; will I be able to use it to install WinXP Pro on my new one?

Thanks.

A:Can I install WinXP from older Dell laptop on to new Dell laptop?

probably not no. they are usually pretty good at stopping people install their restore discs onto different systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-winxp-from-older-dell-laptop-on-to-new-dell-laptop.33089/
Relevancy 46.87%

Over the last 2 days I have been having a problem as indicated in the title of this post. The fault has rectified itself 3 times, but again today, it is back to "battery plugged in, not charging." As I am running the laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium; 32 bit) on the adapter without problems, I assume that the adapter itself may not be faulty.
I also have a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop running Windows 7.  Can I safely use that adapter with the Vista laptop, without causing damage to the Vista ?  If it is safe to do so, and the battery on the Vista starts charging, then it would indicate that the Vista adapter/charger has some kind of fault.
Hoping someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Battery plugged in not charging. Can I use adapter from a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop ?

If the adapter has the same plug and the same or higher power rating, you can swap them.
Check to see whether the 1545 recognizes the AC adapter or whether it shows unknown (F2 at powerup).  If it shows unknown with two different adapters, you have a bad power jack or a bad mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994907
Relevancy 46.87%

So yesterday I was busily doing some work and watching something on ITV Player when shock crashed along with Microsoft Office From nowhere it started continuously beeping at me It was rather high pitched and didn't sound as though it were coming from the speakers I flipped it over and had a listen and it sounded as though it were coming from inside I switched it off and back on again but the beeping simply started up again Continuously beeping for maybe two minutes of so frozen on the Dell start up logo unable to enter either boot menu However after about five mins i received the message Operating system not found i tried inserting my windows disk to do a clean install but no drivers were found I shut it down and unscrewed the back turned it on and had a listen It sounded as though the hard drive was beeping but i Windows Studio Home Sudden Dell 7 Beeping Premium 1555 didn't think it even had a speaker so Im assuming whatever is beeping is because of the hard drive I took it out and reported the laptop same results as before but without any beeping at all and a much faster boot time So my question is what is wrong and what can i do about it Thanks for all the help this laptop is only years old and really i don't want to be getting a new one soon Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 Windows 7 Home Premium Sudden Beeping

That beep is coming from a 'diagnostic beeper" on the motherboard. Dell has beep codes that will help isolate what the failure was.

If you can post what the beep code is, for example 7 beeps or three beeps and then four beeps, etc maybe we can help. Or post the beep code on the Dell Community users forum, Laptop section. Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259548-dell-studio-1555-windows-7-home-premium-sudden-beeping.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just got my Logitech z-300 speakers/subwoofer this morning and have been playing some music. All in all it sounds good apart from songs suddenly jerking at random bits. This was also happening with my old speaker set so I thought it might of been a speaker issue. I'm running windows 7.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Relevancy 46.87%

We have been having some problems with NetBIOS Today I was working on our website and all of the sudden I sort connection Issue, lost NetBIOS sudden and of quot lost connection quot with the other PC on the network where the website files were stored and the path NetBIOS Issue, and sudden lost connection wasn t usable any longer I could type the path for that PC NS and it would come up invalid This wasnt an issue second prior to it just happenening suddenly for no reason I can NetBIOS Issue, and sudden lost connection still ping that computer and do everything BUT access it by its NETBios name NS It seems there is some kind of issue going on with NetBIOS We haven t been NetBIOS Issue, and sudden lost connection able to figure it out After playing around trying to see what the problem is we can get it working again for a day then it will just quot die quot suddenly Were using a LinkSys Wireless Router but were both connected to the router by CAT cable Keep in mind I can still access the other computer by any means BUT its NetBIOS name as in I can t type in NS to browse that PC or with Network Neighborhood nbsp

A:NetBIOS Issue, and sudden lost connection

I am having the exact same problem. Been trying to figure it out forever, but have always come up short. I will not give up though, as it is VERY annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbios-issue-and-sudden-lost-connection.8371/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello and thank you for taking the A pages and Sudden slowness possible up locking issue? time to help me We have a rather new laptop it runs Windows and we use the free version of Avast for security A few days ago almost a week now we have noticed that the computer is running much slower than usual One day when you would click to get on the internet it was fast and almost instant the very next day and A possible issue? Sudden slowness and locking up pages every day since then when you click to get online it takes an unusual amount of time before it opens We have also noticed the pages run slow and some of them will freeze up as well I ran the scans offered on Avast and through Windows and they say nothing is wrong but something is definitely different When we opened task manager this morning without being online the CPU usage would range from to percent at times not sure if that is relevant but it seems to be a lot when not running anything big and not online Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated Thank you so much Amber

A:A possible issue? Sudden slowness and locking up pages

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449449/a-possible-issue-sudden-slowness-and-locking-up-pages/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have looked all over google and cannot find a solution to this problem so I post here with hope for a solution I am trying to connect from a Windows XP PC to a Windows Vista PC on remote desktop and - Sudden Remote Desktop close Issue it suddenly returns me to the initial dialog that showed when I opened the Remote Desktop client on the client PC which runs windows xp I have tried connecting on port through my browser with HTTPS and I Remote Desktop Issue - Sudden close notice that the connection resets immediately making me see that the problem might be caused by something that is causing an immediate connection reset on that port specifically It is not a firewall issue since I am not running any firewalls I know it is not a connection issue either since I was still able to receive data on port through HTTP since I host a webpage on that port Does anyone else have this problem And can anyone come with a solution to it I am willing to provide more information to help solve this issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/remote-desktop-issue-sudden-close-195259.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here because I'm majorly frustrated at this point Regardless of the device I use I can preview photos on the device and they are the correct color 'I'm losing my issue? this Photos or change - Is an a issue mind' graphics color They are also the correct color when viewed in paint photoshop or quicktime windows preview However they get fuzzy and green when viewed in a windows gallery or when uploaded to a site such as imageshack I can open the same file side by side one in photoshop and one in windows live photo gallery at the same time and one will be the right color and the other will be green Here are examples This photo appears blue to me Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue? This one is slightly green and fuzzier The same file in the same format was used to upload both What really confuses me however is that I viewed the link to the green photo on a different computer and it looks the same as the blue one So as far as I know everyone who clicks on those links is thinking quot But they're the same and you're crazy quot Which is arguable depending on the crowd but they really don't look the same to me I'm using a Slimline s n with Windows Vista Home Edition and NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is a fairly recent issue and is apparently inexplicably selective I have played around with saving the files in various formats but it doesn't make a difference and also doesn't explain why I view the same file in the same format differently depending on what program I use and when I upload it Anyone have any idea what's happening here

A:Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue?

Hello, yes, they looked the same to me, as to why one program shows blue, and another shows green is weird tho.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294785-photos-change-color-graphics-issue-im-losing-my-mind-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I'm having a very annoying issue At around pm last night my PC completely lost access to the internet It is definitely not my connection as the two other PCs in my house which are connected through the same router as mine still have access to the internet However if I use system restore and restore my PC to July about days ago my internet access works ZoneAlarm access Sudden issue) loss of internet the (not fine However if I wait another hours or so the same thing will happen and I have no idea what's causing it I'm running Windows XP SP The only software that I've installed in the past week or so is Belarc Advisor which I recently uninstalled and the Heroes of Newerth Beta client it's a game Other than that I have no knowledge of anything else installed on my PC I have attempted some fixes with no avail I've reinstalled my ethernet drivers I've done a complete scan of my computer Sudden loss of internet access (not the ZoneAlarm issue) using ESET Smart Security I uninstalled both of those applications that I previously mentioned Unfortunately none of it has worked and I have a feeling that my internet access will cut out again at any moment in which I will be forced to use system restore again And no I don't have any ZoneAlarm products installed Could that windows update possibly have affected other software Oh and one more thing I have also used system restore to an earlier restore point I think it was July th or th and my internet access did not work I have tried any restore points earlier than that but I found it strange that it works on the July restore point and not the earlier one

A:Sudden loss of internet access (not the ZoneAlarm issue)

assume you are connected with an ethernet line from this router not wireless in which case I suspect your network adapter on the motherboard maybe going bad if you are on a wired connection then try installing a standalone pci etherneet adapter. if you doing wireless...then try a different wireless network adapter that plugs inte a usb port...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sudden-loss-of-internet-access-not-the-zonealarm-issue-395116.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I built my new home desktop computer at the beginning of the year and until now everything has been running as smooth as silk But just an hour or so ago I was in the process of installing Greasemonkey for Firefox and afterward any video I recorded on WMC wtv Choppy with Sudden Video/Sound Issue Strange WMC or converted dvr-ms plays back choppy on both WMC and WMP When I say choppy it's a kind of stutter like it's trying to keep up or can't seem to sync the video and audio streams I've tried everything from reinstalling WMC and Firefox as well as uninstall Greasemonkey Nothing seems to fix the problem I can't use System Restore and I'm really trying to avoid reinstalling from a backup clone that happens to be a bit old I just can't for the life of me figure out what changed and caused this Strange Sudden Issue with WMC Choppy Video/Sound and how to fix it Any suggestions and tips would be appreciated -KC Specs Motherboard M A TD-V CPU AMD Phenom II t Black Edition Ghz RAM x Strange Sudden Issue with WMC Choppy Video/Sound GB Corsair XMS GPU EVGA GeForce GT HDD Seagate Barracuda TB RPM x Optical LG Internal Blu-ray Writer Multi-Drive w LightScribe Win Pro x

A:Strange Sudden Issue with WMC Choppy Video/Sound

System Restore would be my 1st choice. Why can't you run it?

Did you try the recordings on another system to verify the problem is with your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-sudden-issue-with-wmc-choppy-video-sound-583723.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello forum So I just updated my Nvidea graphics card and for some reason after restarting my laptop in order to install these files to the system the quot System Thread Exception Not Handled quot BSOD card Issue? Graphics issue/Avast Blue screen error flashed on my screen and later redirected me to an automatic repair screen which attempted to fix this issue I ended up restarting the laptop on safe mode uninstall my Nvidea graphics card and completely reinstall it from scratch But for some BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue? reason it keeps giving me the same error each time I restart my laptop After some research online apparently there's an issue with Avast and Nvidea You will find attached the SF Diagnostic Tool grab all option files needed to view the issue at hand Any help would greatly be helpful Many are saying that I've not been installing the corrent drivers but that's not possible as it's directly from the MSI website GT NE linked to the official Nvidea website saying that the driver includes my graphics card M While other people are saying that maybe Avast is causing some issue towards the graphics card I have the Avast Professional Antivirus Laptop Specs Windows MSI Dragon Edition GT NE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Intel HD Graphics Any help would greatly be appreciated I'm currently running my laptop without the nVidea Graphics Card Drivers and seems to be fine so far Regards Ic d

A:BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue?

This appears to be a duplicate topic
The other one is here: BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled Error/Nvidea Card

I responded to the other one.
You may want to PM a staff member to have this one deleted (to prevent confusion)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51750-bsod-graphics-card-issue-avast-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys i ve got a problem reboot issue graphics and issue NVIDIA card with my toshiba qosmio g I reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA ve had it running sweet on xp and i recently upgraded it to vista ultimate lite It for some reason won t read my graphics card geforce it says the best driver is already installed for you called standard graphics adapter but thats wrong so i can t play games so im gonna put it back to xp but to do that is a mission this laptop has raid harddrives so I need to install a driver so i press f or whatever it is can t remember to enter the menu thing this is at the blue screen before you enter the partition menu it comes up with something like quot please enter you manufactuers disk into the A quot but i don t have a floppydrive built in to be able i ve tryed usb floppydrivebut it doesn t read as A so can use on of them I ve heard about useing nlite to put the drivers in a cd with the rebootstuff but i can t getit to read the drivers too it was easy enough going to vista as you could insert a flash drive with drivers on it Please help me fix this or ill have to take it into a shop and pay them nbsp

A:reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA

Do you have AHCI or RAID as an option to select in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-issue-and-graphics-card-issue-nvidia.918232/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a Dell Dimension 9150 and I have a couple of problems.

Firstly, when the PC boots up, there are squares / dots on the monitor similar to the following picture:

Secondly, I have tried to re-install Windows XP twice, and if I leave the CD in it boots into Windows - but if I remove the CD and reboot the computer it says 'no boot device available'.

Any ideas / comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :)

A:[SOLVED] Graphics issue / Hard drive issue? Help!

Also, I've just run the hard drive diagnostics and it looks like the hard drive is fine - so not quite sure what's up with it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-graphics-issue-hard-drive-issue-help-702943.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A few days ago I was using Microsoft office and watching a program on ITV 1555 Random Home Studio Inside Premuim 7 Beeping Dell Sudden Widows player when my laptop suddenly started beeping at me randomly and shock player crashed I couldn t do anything as it froze entirely so Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim I switched it off and then turned it back on but only received the same beeping and it wouldn t load properly it remained frozen on the original Dell load up screen for at least minutes When it finally moved on and the beeping stopped i recieved the error message Broadcom UNDI PXE - v Copyright C - Broadcom Corporation Copyright C - Intel Corporation All rights reserved PXE - E Media test failure check cable PXE - M F Existing Broadcom PXE ROM Operating System not found So when I opened the back of the laptop I removed Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim the hard drive gave it another switch on and the beeping stopped so I can only assume that the hard drive is the problem After inserting it and rebooting the beeping started up again and i kept receiving same above message I tried to count the beeps and got to around before it stopped each uniformly about half a second apart Im at a loss as to what to do now and would really appreciate any ideas Even inserting my widows disk did not help as no drivers could be found when I tried a clean install Thanks nbsp

A:Sudden Random Beeping Inside Dell Studio 1555 Widows 7 Home Premuim

Sounds like your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. Did you have a backup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-random-beeping-inside-dell-studio-1555-widows-7-home-premuim.1073810/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all few days ago my laptop suddenly experience lag in everything except for sound output and the motion of the mouse cursor It is the st time this laptop has ever lag so seriously My laptop is an ASUS A VD with Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz and GB RAM usable it has windows home premium -bit The hard drive containing the OS still has GB of free space Considering the specs above my laptop shouldn t have any problem with sudden lag Laptop speed I usually use it to browse the internet youtube some gaming Need for speed Most Wanted amp Shift Crysis Warhead Prototype and online games for - hours straight However overheating doesn t seem to be the factor of lagging Laptop sudden lag as it even lags after just Laptop sudden lag turning on the laptop I ve tried shutting down and restarting several times and the interesting fact is that it doesn t actually lags until a few minutes after starting up It also doesn t lag a bit when in safe mode With that I eliminated the probability of hardware malfunction Laptop sudden lag I ve run several antivirus checks and updated my nvidia driver but the lag is still persistent Opening closing a folder application scrolling up and down a web page even viewing a downloaded video also lags Windows Task Manager shows a reading of - of CPU usage and physical memory being used with just the browser opened Fraps shows a maximum fps when a video is playing With the details given above I hope someone could help me solve this annoying lag Thanks in advance D nbsp

A:Laptop sudden lag

This type of "lag" can be caused by a virus or other type of malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sudden-lag.198552/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi..
im using a acer aspire 5720Z
dual core 1.73GHz
2gb ram
250gb harddisk
operating system Windows Vista home premium
my problem is that my laptop gets off when i view a video file or a sound file of any format, even videos from youtube or any tube, i know its not heat because when im surfing or chating for hours it doesnt switches off
and even when i install any thing from extrenal harddisk or cd it gets off

can anyone help me out will be really thankful

A:laptop gets off all of sudden

do you have all the latest drivers? for sound card, video card,...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gets-off-all-of-sudden.832945/
Relevancy 45.58%

Every since windows 10 upgrade i have been having issues with my audio. When i start a video for the first time i will hear crackling and poping noise then it will catch up after i pause the video and play again.  Then the audio slowly goes out of sync.  At first i thought that were my speakers, but it was happening over headphones as well.  I tried the latest version of driver along with switching to the windows 10 generic audio drivers.  Anyone else having issues with this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981613
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all First time here I've been reading through lots of issues and resolutions of failed boots I think I have a slightly unusual problem because some items aren't working I've disconnected all other drives and just have the primary Win ultimate bit drive and DVD drive connected The main bootable drive is a GPT drive TB and boots Issues fail - Sudden Win7 boot 64bit issue? possible partition to Ultimate started when I did a normal restart after seeing RAM usage was high Suddenly no booting into Windows - xc - the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible The Win repair disc I attempted to create from my work PC also bit but not ultimate edition didn't work at all The Win install disc I inserted works - but the Sudden fail to boot - possible partition issue? Win7 Ultimate 64bit system repair options are unavailable because apparently it's a different version SP through years of updates maybe I dunno Using SHIFT F I get to the console from where I've been following other posts' guidance on what to do If I go to DISKPART I can find the partitions on my GPT drive Partition System MB Partition Reserved MB Partition Primary GB However after selecting partition I am unable to mark it active because quot The selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk quot If I list Vol I can see that Vol is the Win CD Vol is drive C formatted as NTFS as one would expect but Volume Now selected due to selecting the partition is listed as FAT This seems weird Also has hidden attribute Using BootSect I can copy the boot files only under force nt force mbr But I am informed again it is a non mbr system Using Bootrec I can run fixmbr fixboot and scanos but when I try RebuildBCD it completes and is then unable to add the record to the boot list because quot The requested system device cannot be found quot I've run CHKDSK f on the drive I've also done SFC Scannow - which eventually terminates with the message quot there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restart Windows and run sfc again quot Is it possible the FAT format is incorrect It appears that the GPT disk is giving issues because of this I would really appreciate any help or insight as to what is going on and how to fix it As an aside - I managed to get a USB repair 'disk' working to some degree - but the system repair could not find any entries of a windows installation - which I think points towards a partition issue I ran the system repair utility form there about times but to no avail - I read somewhere else that the USB could have driver issues and not work properly and so that's why I've switched to the DVD Thanks in advance for anything that would help - I really appreciate it

A:Sudden fail to boot - possible partition issue? Win7 Ultimate 64bit

FAT32 is the EFI partition, no? I am no good with EFI BIOS though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373598-sudden-fail-boot-possible-partition-issue-win7-ultimate-64bit.html
Relevancy 45.15%

It was working quite nicely till yesterday I did not change anything that I know of Must have been something installed inadvertently The pages are extremely slow to load and firefox is often timed laptop: of slow a Very All sudden out quot try again quot usually works okay IE is slightly better Have taken the following action Ran AVG antivirus no problems On line trend micro housecall no problems Very slow laptop: All of a sudden however initially gave the warning that internet connection was slow On checking the speed with the provider s speedometer I got a speed of for a subscription of The warning disappeared at a later stage Ran adaware and spybot some problems fixed Can not go back to an earlier date System restore goes through the process but ends with the error that files could not be restored Earlier I was getting similar message on system restore but I thought the system was back to the date I restored to Not now Appeared to have some Java related issues Uninstalled and reinstalled Java JRE HP Pavillion AMD dualcore GHz GB RAM AVG professional the free version which was given in early January Zone Alarm Vista Home premium The laptop is just about two Very slow laptop: All of a sudden months old so reinstallation of operating system from the recovery partition will not be a major hassle but I would like to avoid similar problems and ensure that this sudden slow down does not happen again Many thanks for your help Hijackthis Very slow laptop: All of a sudden log included Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Users Jag AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files VCOM PowerDesk PDExplo exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows System notepad exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C hjt HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail google com mail spam R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CH amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CH amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C P... Read more

A:Very slow laptop: All of a sudden

The performance has become worse now. I have to clcik twice on each link before the page is displayed. Have also run Kasperaski on line scan, no threats. Tried to run Panda on line scan, but it is not available for Vista. It suggested Panda total scan, but there was an update error. Very grateful for any solutions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-laptop-all-of-a-sudden.684900/
Relevancy 45.15%

It all started yesterday when I was playing a game, which I've played since I got my laptop, and all of a sudden it started freezing out of nowhere until it got to the point where it crashed. Then the next day, I couldn't turn it on for 1 minute without it freezing and then crashing.

The last time I downloaded something was a month ago. I can't even delete any programs due to the freezing. It's only less then a year old so that can't be the problem. And it's an acer, which was really fast before all the freezing.

I even tried registry booster, and got rid of the few problems it had detected (since I didn't pay for it, I could only get rid of a few) and did nothing.

If anyone could give me some help, that would be greatly appreciated

A:Laptop is freezing all of a sudden

Can you boot in the safe mode? If so, try a restore point prior to the problem. Please do not use a registry tool. Unless you are very familiar with the registry, these tools can make things far worse.

If you can, please upload any mini dump files.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103258-laptop-freezing-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All I am facing this strange issue with my laptop in recent times All of all freezes sudden of a Laptop a sudden the laptop hangs freeze and make me to forcibly restart by pressing power button I havent done any OS update recently Suddenly i started facing this issue After that i updated OS also Still facing same issue I did Antivirus scanning I am using Microsoft security essentials and found nothing harming my computer Can anyone help to fix this issue Details OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x X What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Age of system hardware year Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS year CPU CPU Video Card MotherBoard Power Supply - brand amp wattage System Manufacturer Lenovo Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom ThinkPad E Laptop or Desktop Laptop

A:Laptop freezes all of a sudden

Could be either heat or virus/malware related, download Speccy and post a screen shot of the temps. https://www.piriform.com/speccy

If they show normal then you will want to visit the Virus/Trojan/Spyware forum Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Look at the Pre-Posting Requirements, the second sticky.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-all-of-a-sudden-1026506.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi My laptop which i bought a months ago was a bit screwy all Laptop of a screwy went sudden It was all ok before but suddenly it went really slow and all i could see was my background wallpaper I had to go to the task manager and got to RUN Laptop went screwy all of a sudden and run explorer exe before i could see the desktop again And after that it was reaaalllllyy laggy I am not sure if it is caused by spyware or malware so here's a hijack log that i just took a minute ago Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe Laptop went screwy all of a sudden C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS Laptop went screwy all of a sudden system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Razer Krait razerhid exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion Webcam tsnp std exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Razer Krait razerofa exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run Reminder C Windows CREATOR Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SY... Read more

A:Laptop went screwy all of a sudden

Hi and welcome to the Security Forum.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please post a fresh HijackThis Log if you still need assistance.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-went-screwy-all-of-a-sudden-122628.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I tried to play songs in windows media player but it showed some error. Then i switched to VLC just to find out that there is some problem with the sound. When I clicked on the volume icon to see if the volume levels are ok, I found the computer icon, which appears there to be like as if there is a bug sitting on the computer. I don't know much about it. Can anybody plz help me out with it?

A:No sound from laptop all of a sudden

Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for your sound and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. This will fix any Windows corruption (usually the problem).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/50090-no-sound-laptop-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear reader I have a Dell Precision M and was happily using it this whole year until yesterday Yesterday morning my laptop was still running sudden slow a all laptop is of My as usual but when I My laptop is slow all of a sudden got home took my laptop with me to girlfriend my laptop was very slow all of a sudden So I've started looking around on the internet have seen a lot of solutions which might help I have checked and removed malware spyware virusses and adware I have cleaned my laptop's fans I have fragmented my disk also I have removed cleaned all registry files removed unused start-up items I have even gotten and fixed a babylon virus along the process but after a full day's working with my laptop my problem is not yet resolved Once I plugged my laptop in to the adapter I noticed something else My power icon was flashing red four times then a slower solid green once Sometimes this goes away automatically but sometimes it keeps on blinking for very long Does this have anything to do with my problem My idle CPU is about but as soon as I launch like a game I which I never had problems playing I get incredibly long load times very slow gameplay online gameplay excluded I really would appreciate some help Kind regards Jan Geerts Dell Precision M Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz GB Ram memory SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack build -bit Manufactured by Toshiba

A:My laptop is slow all of a sudden

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Quote:

also I have removed/cleaned all registry files

Please do not mess with the registry files as they can harm your computer.

There are a few things I would like you to do first.

1) Goto Start > type CMD > Make sure to run as a administrator > Type: SFC /Scannow (Note there is a space between SFC and /Scannow)

Let Windows check for bad files.

Step by Step Guide: Windows 7 Tips and Tools | Tech Support Forum

2) Goto Start > type CMD > Make sure to run as a administrator > Type: chkdsk /r

Restart the computer.

3) Run the Windows RAM checker.

4) Read all of the steps found here: Is your PC running slow...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-is-slow-all-of-a-sudden-657342.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there i'm using a Dell Vostro Core Duo T GHz GB Ram Windows Vista Business I have been using this for about a year now I havent had any problems until last week i came to use it one morning and it was so slow I use Propellerheads reason and now when i play a track i've made on it it pauses and says my computer is gone sudden! Laptop slow all of a has too slow Even if its a sec song with not much too it Firefox is loading pages images alot slower aswell Honestly this laptop was lightning fast originally I have ran spybot malware bytes anti malware Avg free Adaware Spyware Blaster Kaspersky online scan nothing was found with any Ive defragged with diskeeper ran a disk cleanup Basically I have tried everything apart from a hijack this log Does anyone have any idea whats going on with my laptop Thanks for any help Dion p s I constantly update and scan using all the programs i mentioned

A:Laptop has gone slow all of a sudden!

Nobody take the piss. But after hours of searching i found the problem.

POWER OPTIONS

I had it set to best battery mode.
What a giant **** I am.

Thanks anyway

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-has-gone-slow-all-of-a-sudden-384238.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was using my Compaq laptop last night unfortunately I m at work and do not have any further identifying info on it other than it s probably at least closer to years old and it was fine I walked away sudden of turn my the All laptop won't on from it for less than mins when I came back it was off - no lights no display no noise no nothing and it would not turn back on I turned it on again this morning which it did fine but after less than minutes if even that long it said it was preparing to stand by but never actually reached that All of the sudden my laptop won't turn on stage instead it just shut off again Throughout this time it was plugged in I left it plugged in but then removed the battery thinking it might be dead but still nothing Now it won t even turn on - battery or not plugged in or not Anyone Thanks for any thoughts I m fearing the worst but I don t actually even know what the worst would be nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a HP laptop dv6000 and I use the laptop for personel purpose. Yesterday when I used the laptop and put it in the sleep mode before i went to the bed. Today morning I got up and opened my laptop, I am not able to boot the machine. I also see that the power adapter is connected but still Laptop is not getting the power and the blue light in the power adapter connection port is not glowing ...  This is a very weird and bad experience for a user. I am not sure if all the dv6000 series users are facing this issue. please advise me how to fix this issue. thanks,hpuser_muthu

A:My HP laptop is all of a sudden not booting up

Unplug the power supply. Remove the battery.  Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds.  Now, plug the power supply back in, and without installing the battery, press the power button and see if it boots. FWIW, if you are not going to use your computer for several hours, as in your case, it is far better to turn the computer off versus letting it sleep.  Sleep is meant for short periods.  If you do not wish to turn it off, consider enabling hibernation and hibernating the unit instead.  Your best option, though, is to turn the computer off when you go to bed. Sleep mode does maintaing power to the system, and data corruption can occur (which is probably what happened in your case). If this has been helpful to you, please return the favor by giving Kudos.   

If this post has been helpful to you, please return the favor by clicking on the yellow KUDOS! icon in this box. Thank you!

I'm not an HP employee, just someone trying to help others....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-HP-laptop-is-all-of-a-sudden-not-booting-up/td-p/42539