Windows Support Forum

Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

Q: Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

At Computex 2015, Intel has announced Thunderbolt 3, a new iteration of the company's high bandwidth hardware interface. And for the first time, Intel has ditched Thunderbolt's proprietary connector, instead opting to funnel everything through the soon-to-be-ubiquitous USB Type-C connector.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Intel launches Thunderbolt 3, will use USB Type-C connector

Can I mention this is f*cking epic!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-thunderbolt-3-will-use-usb-type-c-connector.213614/
Relevancy 67.94%

It appear nbsp booting from USB C is disabled nbsp at P nbsp nbsp I can not boot from nbsp USB nbsp Fash drive OR nbsp boot-able SSD from P USB-C port P can see the device at startup boot menu but it ignore to boot from them same flash drive windows install media nbsp or boot-able nbsp SSD nbsp portable Linux Ubuntu nbsp nbsp nbsp can be booted using any USB ports I do have latest update by today boot por... type USB or do Thunderbolt C from P50 not Bios N EET W nbsp Is booting from P nbsp USB-C port disabled nbsp OR P50 do not boot from Thunderbolt or USB type C por... it is a known bug nbsp nbsp nbsp FYI the resaon nbsp nbsp I want boot from Type-C rather than using existing USB port is nbsp Under Windows I nbsp can see external SSD read write speed using USB is very close to read write speed of internal Sata SSD but same external SSD works at half speed at normal USB port Using type Type-C I should be able to use my external portable Linux nbsp just like it is installed at internal SSD while being truly portable and independent nbsp of P nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-do-not-boot-from-Thunderbolt-or-USB-type-C-port/td-p/3334837
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all.I can't find this information. I would like to use an external GPU connected to the USB Type-C of the yoga 900. I know that the razr and new dell xps 13 does support them.In fact, Dell says (from it's site): "Thunderbolt? 3 supporting: Power in/charging, PowerShare, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps bi-directional), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps), VGA, HDMI, Ethernet and USB-A via Dell Adapter (sold separately)" but there is almost no information from lenovo's site. I've only used VGA and HDMI adaptars on this port, but i really want to use an external GPU. Any information would help! Regards,Julián

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Is yoga 900 USB Type-C Thunderbolt 3 compatible?

Hello, It doesn't look like it:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-What-devices-does-the-new-USB-Typ... Page 8:https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_900-13isk_ug_en_201509.pdf No mention of Thunderbolt... but to be sure, somebody would have to test it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Is-yoga-900-USB-Type-C-Thunderbolt-3-compatible/td-p/2266371
Relevancy 66.22%

I just bought a new Sandisk Ultra USB Type-C Drive 64GB which is intended to be used with Type-C devices and Android phones.  It is recognized in my Android phone but it is not recognized in my P50 workstation. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this port not intended to be used as a data port?

P50, Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5, 4K, NVidia Quadro M2000M 4GB, Dual Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe drives non-RAID, 32 GB Crucial Technology DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000). Windows 10 Home.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Combined-Type-C-Thunderbolt-port-does-not-recognize-SanDisk/td-p/3459446
Relevancy 64.93%

G day Guys This is my first post to a forum so please bear with me My name is Russ and I am an Electronic Technician in the Royal Australian Navy I have worked with computers for years but key Computer a with type launches browser every this fault has me stumped Basically every time I try to type a word in the windows search ms office notepad etc a browser is launched as many times as I type i e if I type help I get four browser windows open I have consulted numerous techs and all say it is malware So I have run the Computer launches a browser with every key type following programs to fix this ESET Virus spyware scanner - nothing Malware Bytes - Nothing Microsoft Essentials - Nothing There is one other but the name escapes me But it found nothing also So after much deliberation I reinstalled Win over the top Still happens Finally I have done a complete new install and you wouldn t believe it still happens I even deleted the old windows files and still the same I am pulling my hair out here Any ideas My Laptop is a Satellite P Core Duo with GB RAM I am running Bit Win and have all latest updates from Microsoft Thank you for your help in advance

A:Computer launches a browser with every key type

It could be the problem is the KEYBOARD. If you had a desktop system, it would be easier to find out if this is the case.

The only thing I know to suggest: do you have access to a keyboard you can plug into the laptop for test purposes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380360/computer-launches-a-browser-with-every-key-type/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all, Just recently got my hands on a shiny new W541 and it's hooked up to my Apple Thunderbolt Display using the Thunderbolt port. While this works, the fans are really loud when i.e. opening programs, new tabs in browser etc. I figured that it's because it uses the built-in Intel graphics GPU. Is there any way to "tell" it to use the Nvidia GPU for the thunderbolt port instead of the built-in one? :-) Thanks in advance. All the best, Bo

A:W541 thunderbolt display using intel graphics

Take it up with Lenovo, or buy a dock (apparently that's the solution Lenovo had in mind)!!!

In theory, if the BIOS of the W540 behaved like the BIOS of the W530, then it should allow you to choose whether you want to use built-in Intel HD Graphics exclusively (W530 "integrated") or nVidia Graphics (W530 "discrete graphics"), or some dynamic performance-dependent combination (i.e. W530 "Optimus Mode").  This should be true (and IS true for the W530) no matter whether you're talking about the laptop screen, external monitors connected directly to ports on the W530 laptop, or whether you use external monitors connected through a dock.

The only "wrinkle" for the W530 is that if you have Optimus specified on the W530 then all external monitors are always 100% managed by the nVidia graphics (no matter whether connected directly to the laptop or connected through a dock). So with the W530 in Optimus mode it is actually only the laptop screen which can be controlled by either Intel or nVidia graphics.  For most uses it will be the Intel graphics that controls the laptop screen, unless program graphics performance requirements (as determined by the firmware) find that nVidia is required.  Additionally, you can use nVidia Control panel to theoretically "force" nVidia graphics for specific program windows, but in my experience that doesn't seem to work consistently.

But this very precise choice in the BIOS where the machine actually behaved exactly as you'd expect it to behave per the intuitive meaning of these three BIOS options was only last seen on the W530.  It is NOT the way the BIOS works on W540 and newer machines, where Optimus Mode has pretty much been forced onto the user.  And in particular, in this "new Optimus Mode" for W540 and newer, the Intel Graphics are now ALWAYS USED FOR THE LAPTOP SCREEN AND FOR EXTERNAL MONITORS CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE LAPTOP.  For some reason, nVidia graphics are only 100% used for external monitors connected through a dock!!!  Of course since this really is Optimus Mode, the nVidia graphics will also "kick in" for the laptop screen or external monitors connected directly to the laptop if program graphics performance requirements (as determined by the firmware) justify it.

It is unfortunate (in my opinion) that all Thinkpad laptops W540 and newer have had their BIOS engineering revised to ELIMINATE the ability for the user to specify "discrete graphics" so that the nVidia Graphics is 100% used and the Intel built-in graphics is turned off completely... for the laptop screen, external monitors connected directly to the laptop, and external monitors connected through a dock.

NEVERTHELESS... according to the following description of how graphics works in W540 and newer machines (which is that Optimus Mode is always active, although you can select "basic mode" or "advanced mode"), you simply MUST use Optimus Mode and cannot disable Intel Graphics as you could with the W530.  In theory you can use nVidia Control Panel (3D settings) to specify which programs you want to get nVidia graphics for when those programs' windows have focus), but my experience is that this is really buggy.  My experience is that nVidia graphics kick in (and take over for Intel graphics) reliably only when the firmware determines that graphics performance requirements justify it.

So apparently by design Optimus is always active on W540 and newer machines. You can´t disable the integrated GPU at all. Here is the description of Optimus Drivers for W541, which describes Standard vs. Advanced mode:

STANDARD and ADVANCED MODE

In Standard mode, all dock displays uses Integrated Graphics as display output
and is limited to a maximum of 3 displays including Computer's LCD.
While in Advanced mode, all dock displays uses Discrete Graphics as display
output and it increases the maximum number of displays to 6 including Compute... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W541-thunderbolt-display-using-intel-graphics/td-p/2104415
Relevancy 62.35%

What is the name of the cable that will connect into the small (male) part of this connector ? On this page they mention a Molex Adapter, when I search for Molex Adapter I don't find a female connect with a power adapter.

A:Type of Connector ?

Looks like its to connect a fan to your power supply. The small one is for the fan. The big ones are called Molex connectors. Your power supply should have a cable with that type of connector.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231861-type-connector.html
Relevancy 62.35%

What type of USB connector is this?

It's for my JVC Everio GZ-HD620 camcorder.

JVC want to charge ?13.75 for a replacement cable but, of course, I am not paying that.

Can anyone help?

A:What type of USB connector is this?

I could be wrong but it looks like a standard mini USB to me. 59 pence here.

Creative White USB2 A to Mini B Cable Ideal Mobiles/Cameras/PSP/PDA - CB20950100000 - Scan.co.uk

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/225352-what-type-usb-connector.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors that were unveiled today.

AMD is shipping two X6 processors that are substantially less pricey than Intel's latest six-core Core i7-980XM desktop processor, which was announced last month. The Phenom II X6 1090T processor runs at 3.2GHz and is priced at $295, while the 1055T, which runs at 2.8GHz, is priced at $199. Intel's Core i7-980XM desktop processor is priced at $999, according to a price list on Intel's Web site.

The X6 chips are targeted at gamers and buyers looking for high-performance desktops, said Adam Kozak, platform marketing manager at AMD. The chips are the fastest yet in AMD's desktop processor lineup.

Source -
AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel - Computerworld

A:AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel

There we go.....that is typically how AMD competes with Intel on CPU's. It's not usually $50 price differences we are talking about. It's hundreds of dollars. And the Core i7-980x is over $1,000 which is insane Now to start reading the benchmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81171-amd-launches-six-core-desktop-chip-price-war-intel.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Intel has officially unveiled their full line-up of Skylake sixth-generation Core processors today, spanning a range of product categories from performance desktops to low-power compute sticks.

Read more

A:Intel launches new Skylake processors for laptops, desktops and more

specifically the HD Graphics 520, which Intel claims will deliver 30x the graphics performance of their equivalent mobile CPUs from five years agoClick to expand...

They should have compared it to 20-year old graphics, so they could claim x1000 times the performance, from the standard VGA cards, which by the way already could play DOOM, and quite well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-skylake-processors-for-laptops-desktops-and-more.218754/
Relevancy 60.63%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an external 750Gb Toshiba HD (p/n EA05A075CAU3XS) that suddenly stopped working. No indication lights blinking, no activity, plugged into multiple computers, ports, cables with no avail.

I ended up removing it from the case and found a USB 3.0 interface card inside attached to the drive (either HDD2M01 or MK7575GUX for the part number) with a small 18-pin connector (I had to remove the 3.0 PCB to see this).

I haven't seen any signs of the card being burnt or damaged in any way but before accepting the fact that it's the drive itself was hoping someone was familiar with the connector type and/or what kind of cable I could use to bypass the 3.0 card. Additionally if someone knows where I can get an replacement card, that would be helpful as well.

A:Solved: Unresponsive Toshiba HDD connector type

Most external drives are exactly the same as internal drives, so it's probably a SATA interface the drive has. You can connect the drive to any computer with an internal SATA port, laptops and desktops use the exact same SATA ports for data and power, and see if it works. If it does then you can purchase a generic SATA enclosure and install the drive into it for continued use. If the drive doesn't with when connected to SATA then its toast. Almost all drives or electronics show no sign of visible failure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unresponsive-toshiba-hdd-connector-type.1101142/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just picked up a WD 2.5" SATA HDD. I am replacing the 160GB SATA that is in an enclosure. When I opened up the enclosure, I found out the connector was different and the new HDD will not fit into the enslosure. I'm not sure what the type of connector is called, but it looks like every HDD connector that i've used (either IDE or SATA, 3.5 or 2.5).

The new HDD's connector looks like this: (it's a WD Scorpio 2.5" 250GB SATA drive)
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=314#jump44

The HDD enclosure's connectors accepts exposed pins that are on the HDD. You can see in the WD site's photo how the connector is different.

I'm looking to find out what this connector type is called so I can order another enclosure from Cool Drives.

Thanks,
Jerold

A:Solved: Type of SATA 2.5" connector?

this makes no sense, but we need a picture of the connector in question to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-type-of-sata-2-5-connector.713020/
Relevancy 59.77%

Integrated graphics solutions won't get you far when it comes to gaming, but they've evolved to the point that you can actually get decent frame rates in relatively modern games with the right graphics settings. Looking to remove some of...

Read more

A:Intel launches website to help gamers on integrated graphics get a boost in gaming performance

So they're teaching you how to move all the sliders to the left? ^___^

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-website-to-help-gamers-on-integrated-graphics-get-a-boost-in-gaming-performance.214204/
Relevancy 58.91%

HiI am trying to determine which type of 3.5mm audio plug to put into the front panel connector for using headphone with a microphone to do video communications. could be - sleeve, ring and tip (mono sound and microphone)orcould be - sleeve, ring, ring, and tip (stereo sound and microphone) Have read through the manuals and nothing is said about which type to use.

A:Front panel audio connector - what plug type to use for head...

Hi, I can't see your image but probably you can see mine   (a) All standard 3.5mm (stereo) headphones will fit and work.(b) For the second port on the right, all standard 3.5mm headsets will fit and work. Its default is for microphone, all standard 3.5mm mono microphones will fit and work. Note: probably around 95% of 3.5mm headphones and microphones on the market now are normal/standard. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Front-panel-audio-connector-what-plug-type-to-use-for/td-p/5784718
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I've recently bought an m57p (type) motherboard and I'm trying to install into a new case. But I can't find any instruction or scheme how to connect front panel cables. Can anybody explane how to connect them? I now have 13 pins and I have any ideas how to connet them correctly. Please help me...

A:ThinkCentre M57p (type 9088) front panel connector...

Refer to this thread.   Thx. 

ThinkCentre-front-panels-power-audio-and-USB-pinout

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/ThinkCentre-M57p-type-9088-front-panel-connectors-scheme/td-p/3360028
Relevancy 57.62%

I run some legacy software on an HP Compaq dc Convertible Minitower with GB of memory and an x Intel chip running at MHz and OS Win XP Pro SP I recently had to re-install the Intel sp3 XP Win won't Connector adress In Network re-install register IP Pro OS with drivers all of which now show OK in device manager As a stand-alone machine it seems to work fine The problem is network internet it seems to be that the Network Adapter registers obtaining IP address indefinitely and a TeamViewer VPN icon says network cable is unplugged I replaced the cable with a new one Confirming lights on cable attachment are lighted I logged on to the Comcast modem router through a browser and the tab for Connected Devices shows the HP machine The machine itself won't ping Device Manager shows both devices functioning properly I also looked at SERVICES - Microsoft's default settings - and found many missing COM Event System DHCP In Win XP Pro sp3 re-install Intel Network Connector won't register IP adress Client DNS Client TCP IP NetBIOS helper etc I'm stumped

A:In Win XP Pro sp3 re-install Intel Network Connector won't register IP adress

First...I would uninstall the Intel ethernet drivers via Device Manager...then reboot and reinstall same.

If that brings no joy, I would simply buy/employ a USB ethernet adapter.  Example..

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591242/in-win-xp-pro-sp3-re-install-intel-network-connector-wont-register-ip-adress/
Relevancy 55.04%

Help! Each time hit " " key Redirect.ocx pops up. Launches aol.com and itunes. Using " "indo" "s Vista. HP Pavillion Media Center M8100N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirect-ocx-hen-type-key-cant-type-or-launches.884051/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok, this might be a bit obvious, but what was it? I'm a bit new at this..
What was it?

Thanks.

A:Which type of Socket did Intel's Pentium 4 employ before the 478?

423? I could be wrong...Why do you ask?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-type-of-socket-did-intels-pentium-4-employ-before-the-478.831/
Relevancy 50.74%

Like I said...What type of power switch does Intel VC820 motherboard use? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And does anyone know where i can get one that works with this motherboard thanks

A:Solved: What type of power switch does Intel VC820 motherboard use? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Should be a regular ATX switch that any case or computer store would have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-type-of-power-switch-does-intel-vc820-motherboard-use-please-help.599027/
Relevancy 49.02%

is the p5k premium/wifi-af compatable which Intel Core2 Quad processor can i upgrade to from the one i have
thanks

A:Core2 Quad processor to replace CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9

You already asked this here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic145552.html, try to keep it to one thread.
Anyway, yes it is and I personally don't think its worth upgrading your processor, nor buying a gtx 480. Probably be cpu choked either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core2-quad-processor-to-replace-cpu-type-dualcore-intel-core-2-duo-e8400-3000-mhz-9.145550/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I am new to building computers and have a question on fans. My case has three fans. Two of my fans have both pin connectors and molex connector attached together. How do I power the fans ?- do I need both connections?
thanks

A:Fans with molex connector and pin connector

The 3pin connectors are to plug directly in to the motherboard......if your motherboard does not have the 3pin connectors then plug the molex into the power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fans-with-molex-connector-and-pin-connector.1120896/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there. Please view this item
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127063

I am confused whether or not the antenna or cable will screw onto my wireless adapter card.

My wireless Adapter card has a SMA connector on it with the screw wedges on the outside rather than inside with a pin in the middle.

Heres a photo of a similar SMA connector - http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/9/90/200px-Gniazdo_RPSMA.jpg

The brand of the network adapter is the same as the brand of the antenna they are both D Link so youd think they would fit.
will the antenna or cable screw onto that?

thanks, jordan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sma-connector-and-reverse-sma-connector-question.638497/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am wanting to install a new video card. It has a VGA and a DVI output on it. The old card has only a EVC connector on it. From there it goes to a Y cable with 2 CRT monitors (VGA connections) coming off of it.

My question is. Can I use a DVI to VGA adaptor and hook both monitors to the new video card and do away with the T cable?

Thanks Bill

A:Can I change from a EVC connector to a VGA connector?

Most definitely. You can down convert form DVI to VGA, but not the other way around (inexpensively, anyway)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-from-a-evc-connector-to-a-vga-connector.20748/
Relevancy 41.28%

Has anyone brought out a business class NAS with thunderbolt technology? As in 2TB+ storage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thunderbolt-nas.172310/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys I m in the market for a - TB Storage device and I have vs Thunderbolt 1 2 Thunderbolt about Speed is important also as I do video editing and shall be doing an awful lot of this over the next year Heres the issue I m having The Lacie Big Thunderbolt TB Costs Its Thunderbolt which is awesome and has pretty much just been released It promises speeds of up to MB s link to the product here https www Thunderbolt 1 vs Thunderbolt 2 lacie com uk products product htm id The Lacie Big Thunderbolt TB Costs also Its older tech I think it was released more than a year ago but its actually faster promising speeds of up to MBs Link https www lacie com uk products product htm id So I m thinking I want the Thuderbolt drive with much faster speeds only dropping TB for the same price Is there something I m missing though do you guys know any reason why I should get the Thunderbolt drive Thanks for your help and support nbsp

A:Thunderbolt 1 vs Thunderbolt 2

Bump, please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbolt-1-vs-thunderbolt-2.1129268/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have z820 with Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Installed the HP Thunderbolt card and drivers from web site. Task manager shows Thunderbolt running. But it does not recognise my G dock with 2 drives in it. How can I trouble shoot?Thanks

A:Thunderbolt on z820

Did you end up finding a solution?  I'm going through the same issue with the Thunderbot card except I can't figure out how to troubleshoot my OWC ThunderBay 4 enclosure from not connecting to the system.  My guess is that there's something wrong with the card... but I don't know how to verify.   Cheers,-PE

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-on-z820/td-p/5531928
Relevancy 40.85%

Thunderbolt 3 firmware on the system is outdated and is not provider on the drivers page. Anyone knowwhere I can get the NVM of 14 or higher (preferrably 15). Most of the Thunderbolt 3 products out there require at least NVM of 14. Currently the port is useless.

A:Need Thunderbolt 3 NVM of at least 14 for Aspire V...

you may try this version 0018  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26141/Thunderbolt-3-Firmware-Update-Tool

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Need-Thunderbolt-3-NVM-of-at-least-14-for-Aspire-VN7-792G/td-p/444512/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm in the "very early" process of upgrading my recording studio desktop. I'll probably go with an i7 6700 or 6700K and a Z170 motherboard. I see a couple (ASRock and ASUS) that have Z170 boards with Thunderbolt 3. I don't need thunderbolt, now, and may not in the future but there is some recording hardware with support for Win 10 available.

Should I consider a Thunderbolt 3 board or just go with conventional for now?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/69338-thoughts-new-m-b-thunderbolt.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everybody. Someone can help me ?
Last night there were many thunders and I've heard a thunderbolt reach also my computer through telecom lines. So my computer today doesn't start. I would like to know what there is broken on my computer. When I turn on it only the harddisk led turn on and all others led don't turn on (cd, floppy disk, alimentation led). But nothing appear on my computer and the hard disk doesn't work. How can I be sure what's broken? motherboard, harddisk, alimentation center ?

I cannot call the assistance because the computer is a very old one and I cannot spend much money for it, I hope in some your help.
many thanks

Osea

Relevancy 40.85%

I have had the dreaded HDMI issue (monitor not recognized), which led me to updating the Thunderbolt firmware.The Thunderbolt software is installed, I even removed and reinstalled. But the firmware won't install:?In device manager there is no Thunderbolt controller, even with "Show hidden devices" ON.Do other P50 owners have a Thunderbolt controller in device manager?Win Pro (in place upgrade from Home)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thunderbolt-Controller-on-P50/td-p/3370789
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm having an issue displaying video from the Thunderbolt 3 dock to my monitor via DisplayPort.  I have an XPS 15 9550.
It seems that the flurry of drivers released in the last week or so solved almost everything, but I'm still having problems getting the video consistently working while the lid is closed. It seems like the computer (XPS 15 9550) puts the display out to sleep even if I specify "do nothing" on lid close action.
Just wondering if anyone has any luck.
On a separate note (and slightly related), can I output to two daisy-chained monitors via a USB-C to displayport adapter? Two monitors in question are U2715Hs. This might be my backup plan if I can't get the TB dock to work before the 30 day return timeline.

A:Thunderbolt 3 and Closed Lid on XPS 15

I have the same problem with my new XPS 13 9350.  When lid is closed and I'm connected to an external HDMI monitor through the Thunderbolt 3 port (USB Type C), the monitor arbitrarily goes to sleep.  I am using a simple USB-C to HDMI dongle to effect compatibility.  This only occurs when the laptop lid is closed.
I can find no consistent pattern to this.  Sometimes it will reawaken upon keyboard entry, and sometimes I have to open the laptop and close it to awaken the external monitor.  Very frustrating.  I spent several hours debugging with tech support.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19675054
Relevancy 40.85%

Thunderbolt 3 firmware on the system is outdated and is not provider on the drivers page. Anyone knowwhere I can get the NVM of 14 or higher (preferrably 15). Most of the Thunderbolt 3 products out there require at least NVM of 14. Currently the port is useless.

A:Need Thunderbolt 3 NVM of at least 14 for Aspire V...

you may try this version 0018  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26141/Thunderbolt-3-Firmware-Update-Tool

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Need-Thunderbolt-3-NVM-of-at-least-14-for-Aspire-VN7-792G/td-p/444512
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation (Engery Star)- Product Number - V2W12UT#ABA. It has 2 USB Type C Thunderbolt Enabled Ports.   Not quite what it is used for.  Can you use a thunderbolt adapter for an Ethernet cable which uses Giga Power and a HDMI Cable, etc.  Basically the thunderbolt adapter would have more than one port.  Am i understanding this correctly?  If so, what product do you recommend?  

A:Thunderbolt Port

Again, I have that same laptop and I happen to have in my bag a thunderbolt/USB-C to HDMI adapter and one that has a gigabit ethernet and 3 x USB 3.0 ports. HP also makes a Zbook dock I am using which has a DP and an HDMI, VGA, gigabit ethernet, a few USB 3.0 and a couple extra USB-C ports.  P/N P5Q58UT#ABA There are lots of adapters with multiple functions. Thunderbolt can allow some really amazing number of additional devices to be connected through one port like I believe 4 x 4K monitors.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-Port/td-p/5748082
Relevancy 40.85%

HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 usb device issues. USB Keyboard randomly sends a stream of a repeated character.  I will be typing and mid worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr d will get results like in the word above.  The inverse happens alot too, were it just drops a few characters i have typed. USB Mouse lag is horrible. Both devices will stop functioning, need to reboot the dock to recover them. Any one have any suggestions or which drivers are the most stable?

A:thunderbolt dock

#HPExpertDayYou will have to update BIOS/Firmware if any. Install the docking station drivers. Try using a different keyboard, if the issue stops then issue was with keyboard.http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07165

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/thunderbolt-dock/td-p/5628125
Relevancy 40.85%

Anyone owns a P series Thinkpad and can comment on eGPU support? I wasn't able to find any certification on Intel's website or information on Lenovo's website.  

A:P50/P70 Thunderbolt 3 External GPU

I don't think I've read where anybody's actually received a real P50/P70 in their hands yet from a real live purchase.  My own US order for a P70 was placed with Lenovo online last Wednesday night and confirmed by Lenovo last Thursday, but shipment is speculated at no earlier than 10-12 business days.

So I don't think you're going to get any firsthand feedback from anybody until maybe January.

But who'd really buy a P50/P70 with plans for an external GPU?  The graphics upgrades on the P70 are pricey, but certainly seem "adequate".

What is your plan?  Why do you want/need an external graphics capability?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-P70-Thunderbolt-3-External-GPU/td-p/2227446
Relevancy 40.85%

The Intel is to release this latest technology "Thunderbolt" also known as Light Peak today.

This would fit many purposes [USB,External display...].

Anybody if aware of any PC's to be released shortly with this latest technology?

I see Dell's USB 3 but My understanding is that the "Thunderbolt" faster & better and will work in new second generation i5,i7 dual/quad core processors.

Regards

A:Thunderbolt and Laptops

Some more information on this.

Maximum PC | Intel to Debut Light Peak on Thursday, Apple Calls It "Thunderbolt"

and

Why Light Peak will run on copper | ZDNet

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146668-thunderbolt-laptops.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I just picked up the TB3 dock and all seems to be working, however it is not charging my laptop using the included Thunderbolt/Power combo cable. The power light shows on the dock, and connected devices work on laptop, but no power. Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/No-power-on-Thunderbolt-Dock/td-p/5684128
Relevancy 40.42%
Relevancy 40.42%

Love the concept of the thunderbolt 3 dock, can't fathom how it was designed though.  On my zBook 15 G3, the power and thunderbolt ports are on the right side of the laptop.  The dock has the cable port on the left rear side, completely crossing over all the ports when you put the dock on a desk with the back facing away from  you.  Then they ship a cable that is barely long enough to put the dock directly behind the laptop and connect it.   Where do I buy a longer cable HP, please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-3-dock-cable/td-p/5784499
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I bought a Zbook Studio G3 Mobile 15" with a docking Thunderbolt 3 150W.I can't connect these two togheter. Is there anyone who has similar problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Thunderbolt-3-150-W-connecting-problem/td-p/5639958
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, just bought Thunderbolt 3 dock for my HP ZBook G3 and everything works perfectly. But my concern is the Battery - is Thunderbolt always charging the Battery? Or is there some logic behind that it won't charge it until the charge is below X %? I don't see the Battery charge dropping at all, which means it is charging, right? But how does that affect the Battery life/performance? Thanks for any info. Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-3-always-charging-the-Battery/td-p/5689941
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, just bought Thunderbolt 3 dock for my HP ZBook G3 and everything works perfectly. But my concern is the Battery - is Thunderbolt always charging the Battery? Or is there some logic behind that it won't charge it until the charge is below X %? I don't see the Battery charge dropping at all, which means it is charging, right? But how does that affect the Battery life/performance? Thanks for any info. Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Thunderbolt-3-always-charging-the-Battery/td-p/5689941
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a new ZBook G with ThunderBolt dock station I have install my laptop with boot up finger amp password protection I have connect display keyboard and mouse to this nbsp dock Every time nbsp nbsp I bootup I have to open laptop to insert access data This look like a stupid solution compare the old HP docking station that I and G3 ThunderBolt Dock ZBook 3 have on my nbsp HP W nbsp where dockingstation are working from nbsp first second and ZBook G3 and ThunderBolt 3 Dock I can insert my access data password without opening lid There are any solution to this problem I have also another problem On the old PC was possible create nbsp a protected nbsp area of HD using a little part nbsp of it withHP ProtectTools This SW nbsp is not possible to install on ZBook G I don't found any solution to create it Only using Windows that I don't want to use functionality More we go on and worst SW HW are delivery to user nbsp AC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/ZBook-G3-and-ThunderBolt-3-Dock/td-p/5719169
Relevancy 40.42%

I cannot find clear information of the issue. When I go to Amazon, Micro Center, there's all information talking about the presence of a Thudnerbolt 3.0 port. But I don't see that on the Acer website or the documentation.  Thunderbolt is the main selling point for me. Could somebody either test this out on their V13, or give me a conclusive source on whether there is or is not the presence of such a port? Source: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-372T-5051-13-3-inch-Notebook/dp/B01682HZAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr...-and- http://www.microcenter.com/product/455445/Aspire_V3-372T-5051_133_Laptop_Computer_-_Platinum_White (go to Tour>>Slide 6)-and-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12G1VTFWkTL5tb8nxUAtnDHwTLyya9I3Vw-OXXrIN4e4/edit#gid=0 Yet, http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2015/163597 doesn't mention it. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Does-the-V13-V3-372T-5051-have-Thunderbolt/td-p/447503
Relevancy 40.42%

Is the V15 Nitro Black Edition's Thunderbolt 3 port active or passive? And will Acer release a BIOS update for this model to support eGFX? I want to get an external graphics dock to pair with this laptop when they're released! From Anandtech:"Not just any laptop/desktop with Thunderbolt 3 can support an external GPU, as there are specific hardware and software requirements, which is why the Blade Stealth is the first qualified laptop. In particular, laptops need to support what is being called the Thunderbolt 3 external graphics standard, or eGFX for short. The eGFX standard in turn requires that vendors implement the necessary extensions for external graphics into their BIOS, including functionality necessary to support plug ?n play operation. Also required is v.16 (or later) of the Thunderbolt firmware, Windows 10, and an active (not passive) Thunderbolt cable for bandwidth reasons."

A:Acer VN-592G and Thunderbolt 3

I reas, forgot where, that the Acer Thunderbolt port can not be used for charging and that was all, except Here acer say you can charge the V Nitro with it.http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/series/aspirevnitro The active/ passive concerns the cable to connect to ? with.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN-592G-and-Thunderbolt-3/td-p/426170
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey Guys,
    Asus is about to release a new Thunderbolt3 adapter card and the recommended slot is a pcie 3x4.  Does anyone know if I could install it in a Precision T7910 with out any performance lost.  Since slot 3 is a pcie express 2 slot.
Thanks

Richard Kim

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982082
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,I have a Thinkpad P50 and today my Dell Thunderbolt Dock arrived.Unfortunately, it doesn't work  (= it is not recognized in any way), although Dell specifically says that the dock also works with non-Dell Thunderbolt 3 machines. I have installed the Thunderbolt software from the P50's driver site and updated to BIOS 1.17.Lenovo released an "Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Firmware" for the P70. But there's no such firmware update on the P50's site, just the Intel Thunderbolt Software from November.The 1.17 UEFI/BIOS Update says it fixed a Thunderbolt issue, but apparently not mine Has anyone ever gotten some Thunderbolt 3 device working on the P50? I just hope this will be fixed soon, because the Thunderbolt dock seems to be the only convenient way to drive three 4K displays with the P50 (2 via Thunderbolt 3, 1 via miniDP).  

A:P50: Thunderbolt 3 dock not recognized

What's the model number of the dock?  Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Thunderbolt-3-dock-not-recognized/td-p/3267417
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all, I'm a little confused at the moment as I just received a usb type c charging cable, thinking my dell XPS 15 9550 would charge my device samsung s6 faster. But in fact it charges my phone twice as slow as the USB 3.0 port does.
Now where I am confused, why is it the USB 3.0 charges at one level, and the thunderbolt port charges the device twice as slow. E.g when connected to USB 3.0 it shows charging time 1:42, but when connected to thunderbolt it shows up as 4:53.
Is the thunderbolt port not suppose to be able to deliver much higher charging to devices than the USB 3.0 port?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991515
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I've seen that the Thunderbolt TB15 Dock is not valaible anymore in Italy due to hw problems. Do you know if a new one is arriving?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991819
Relevancy 40.42%

As the only docking solution available and moving from a more traditional dock, its less than suitable.  HP needs to make a longer cable and the end that connects to the laptop should be at a right angle.  The cable is so stiff and thick it takes nearly 4" to make the turn.  HP makes it impossible to find this out how long the cable is with out purchasing and at that point your stuck with it.  Hardly a customer satisfaction issue they should want to propigate!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/thunderbolt-dock-cable/td-p/5787302
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a W540 and I had my 27" QNIX QX2710LED working, at 2560x1440. I used the thunderbold port, through a TB/DVI-D dual link cable. I had to take the monitor off for a couple of months, and I used other monitors. Now I am getting the QNIX back into the system, and for the life of me, I can't get 2560 out of it! Intel HD graphics control panel tells me it can do 2560, in the monitor info section, but anywhere I look I can only enable 1920 (full HD). When trying to create a custom resolution, it doesn't let me, telling me that it would exceed the maximum supported bandwidth. Any ideas would be very helpful, as I am going nuts over this bloody stupid thing! I really can't understand why it would not work!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-Thunderbolt-2560x1440-not-possible/td-p/3465009
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition, System Model Aspire VN7-592G. I opened the Acer care centre and installed the first Fixpack for Thunderbolt 3, however when I was installing the Part 2 of the fixpack, it kept insisting that Fixpack 1 be installed first, even though it has. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Can-t-update-Thunderbolt-3-drivers/td-p/460942
Relevancy 40.42%

I just bought the VN7-592G. It comes with one Thunderbolt 3 USB C port. Has anyone bought or can recommend any multiport adapters that have an one HDMI other USB ports? Have any useful devices that use this port?  Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Thunderbolt-3-devices-for-VN7-592G/td-p/461959
Relevancy 40.42%

Am looking ahead for the next build and saw this ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Thunderbolt Motherboard and did some reading on what this Thunderbolt tech was all about. I know it is speed but does this mean I have to use compatible devices like monitor printer etc etc cos if that is the case then it would cost a fortune in peripherals.

So could someone one please tell me in real simple language what the Thunderbolt is all about and if there would be any advantage over having a non Thunderbolt board. Am not a great gamer or anything just want to build something with a few more features and grunt than the current Ivy build and would an i7 be a better choice over an i5 (K) for the new board.

A:Do not understand Thunderbolt boards

Thunderbolt Basics

Technology Brief

Looks backward compatible for devices....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286057-do-not-understand-thunderbolt-boards.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I don t know too much about what s inside a PC as such but hope to be upgrading putting money aside for to months time I ll be getting http www cyberpowersystem co uk to build a system for me at no more than I may play the odd game now and then but mainly into video editing nothing more than Youtube p stuff My question is do I need or is it even necessary to opt for this motherboard called THUNDERBOLT I ll be getting the Intel Core i Quad Core GHz and only using NVIDIA GTS GB graphics card as this particular card is a silent operation one and is GB RAM a complete overkill as well I (latest Thunderbolt) help Motherboard figure the more RAM I have the easier it will be to work on other tasks while video files are being rendered in the background is this correct Anyway is this THUNDERBOLT Asus Rampage III Black Edition Intel X Chipset motherboard a wise choice or pointless for what I need Motherboard help (latest Thunderbolt) a PC for What exactly would this latest motherboard benefit me by opting for it as opposed to a seriously cheaper one Any help much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I am trying to use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (StarTech brand) to connect my P50 to a Resident Audio T4 Thunderbolt audio interface. The device is briefly detected and then disappears. I have been doing some research to resolve this issue and a few users have said that updating thier Thunderbolt NVM to 18 add compatibility with the adapter.  Would it be possible to get an upgrade from the current NVM16 to NVM18? Current P50 firmware (NVM16) link here:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50... I have already attempted to install the NVM18 firmware straight from Intel but it looks like the firmware is OEM specific. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Thunderbolt-Firmware-NVM-Update/td-p/3471905
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone, I recently installed a HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card (F3F43AA) into my HP.   I did all the connections inside and outside the box.  I've installed the Win10 drivers.  Now the problem I'm having is that my OWC Thunderbay 4 is not connecting properly.  (https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TB2IVKIT0GB/) How can I troubleshoot the Thunderbolt card?  I believe it's the card that is the issue... not the enclosure. Any suggstions would be so helpful. Thank you in advance!-Richard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Thunderbolt-PCIe-Troubleshooting/td-p/5816686
Relevancy 40.42%

I've managed to stump the IT folks at my work and am hoping someone here has a solution. I currently work off of a OptiPlex 790 with a Dell display connected through the HDMI port. I'm trying to connect my 27'' Thunderbolt Display (MAC) as a second monitor. I first tried a DisplayPort to Thunderbolt chord (with a male DP end and a male thunderbolt end which connects to the Mac display), but my Dell isn't recognizing that another display is even connected. Has anyone ever tried to do this?--any solutions? Sorry to post a mac/dell hybrid question. Thanks for your help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974703
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi @ all, i have a Elte x2 1012 Tablet and the Thunderbolt 3 Dock 65 W (P5Q54AA) and i want to install over PXE a new customized Windows OS. The BIOS and the Dock have the latest BIOS Version (Elite X2 - v1.14).But i cannot boot over PXE. The PXE Option is not visible in the BIOS under the UEFI Boot Order/Legacy Boot Order.The Network (PXE) Boot is marked.12 sec. push the Power Button - the same behavior. What to do? please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Elite-X2-1012-G1-Thunderbolt-PXE/td-p/5622606
Relevancy 40.42%

Is it possible to use this port as a simple USB 3.0 port ... no Thunderbolt?  USB-C to USB-3.0 adapters are readily available, and this would provide an extra (3rd) rear USB port; useful when the dock isn't there and extra USB ports wanted.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-rear-thunderbolt-port-usb-c/td-p/3317718
Relevancy 40.42%

I have installed the workstation add-on thunderbolt 2 card and am having issues.  I have updated BIOS (latest -3.88) I have installed hardware and software per HP install guide. I get this error from device manager regarding PCI slot5 (card location): This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) I have tried multiple times to load drivers, etc., and have even removed my video I/O card. Code 12 persists, and driver remains for "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller." The Thunderbolt software "sees" thunderbolt port 1 and the device that's plugged in to it (an AJA KiStor) but won't allow access. Any insight into these issues would be MOST appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/z820-thunderbolt-issues/td-p/5667670
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
First time poster.
I have been reading up on the razer core, and other thunderbolt 3 external gpu cases. Does the latest version of the XPS 13 with an updated bios support external graphics over thunderbolt 3?

A:XPS 13 9350 thunderbolt 3 support

a_stang,
Unfortunately, this will not work on the xps13.
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679431
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone nbsp I was wondering if the Thinkpad P will support external nbsp graphics cards via Thunderbolt One product that is available for preorder right now ist the Razer Core which would allow to hook up any GPU with PCIe x speed but there are several other TB egpu enclosures anounced Razer confirmed that the Core external GPU 3? support Thunderbolt P50 via will no prevent other manufacturers from using it but that they might need to do P50 external GPU support via Thunderbolt 3? some work on bios and software nbsp I'm a little worried that the P might whitelist only some divices over TB as we have seen before with some of the normal PCIe slots nbsp Has anybody evidence that it will not work or even has a setup like this currently working A response if something like this will be supported from Lenovo staff would be greatly appreciated nbsp Why would you want this Spoiler Highlight to read Well the P has a formfactor that is still portable and the M M M M is powerful enough for work on the go and for some presentations But for the daily work at my desk I would like to have P50 external GPU support via Thunderbolt 3? a little more gpu power The convenience of having both with one machine is that it eliminates the need to synchronize my softwaresetup and projects between a portable machine and a workstation desktop pc It also seems like I'm not the only one with a demand like this If you search for Thinkpad egpu solutions in various forums you will find several reports of people that added a egpu to their Thinkpad W-Series notebooks The problem with the existing nbsp solutions is the rather limited bandwith via express card and the software hacks to get it working Well the P50 external GPU support via Thunderbolt 3? P has a formfactor that is still portable and the M M M M is powerful enough for work on the go and for some presentations But for the daily work at my desk I would like to have a little more gpu power The convenience of having both with one machine is that it eliminates the need to synchronize my softwaresetup and projects between a portable machine and a workstation desktop pc It also seems like I'm not the only one with a demand like this If you search for Thinkpad egpu solutions in various forums you will find several reports of people that added a egpu to their Thinkpad W-Series notebooks The problem with the existing nbsp solutions is the rather limited bandwith via express card and the software hacks to get it working nbsp

A:P50 external GPU support via Thunderbolt 3?

I hardly think Lenovo would allow this. The best hope would be Lenovo provides an official external GPU solution, at a premium price tag of course.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-external-GPU-support-via-Thunderbolt-3/td-p/3303067
Relevancy 40.42%

Is the V15 Nitro Black Edition's Thunderbolt 3 port active or passive? And will Acer release a BIOS update for this model to support eGFX? I want to get an external graphics dock to pair with this laptop when they're released! From Anandtech:"Not just any laptop/desktop with Thunderbolt 3 can support an external GPU, as there are specific hardware and software requirements, which is why the Blade Stealth is the first qualified laptop. In particular, laptops need to support what is being called the Thunderbolt 3 external graphics standard, or eGFX for short. The eGFX standard in turn requires that vendors implement the necessary extensions for external graphics into their BIOS, including functionality necessary to support plug ?n play operation. Also required is v.16 (or later) of the Thunderbolt firmware, Windows 10, and an active (not passive) Thunderbolt cable for bandwidth reasons."

A:Acer VN-592G and Thunderbolt 3

I reas, forgot where, that the Acer Thunderbolt port can not be used for charging and that was all, except Here acer say you can charge the V Nitro with it.http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/series/aspirevnitro The active/ passive concerns the cable to connect to ? with.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN-592G-and-Thunderbolt-3/td-p/426170/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 40.42%

To Whom It May Concern or anyone willing to help About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my & a popup type on chrome find Unable & now grrrr started! ie, to new adware-type both Chrome browsers - I hadn t downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab without my regular menu Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr toolbar etc on top I did notice a little icon right before the url it shows at very top clicked it amp got a menu-thing showing the permissions of the settings etc amp I could click to view cookie data in which I was thinking quot yippee I got it quot lol I can quot remove quot amp quot block quot however each time I can make sure I do all of the however it doesn t seem to help because in a little bit quot poof quot it comes up just as before Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I ve suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts amp if it does play a video it doesn t ever start to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in or seconds quot amp then counts down to usually a quot playnow quot amp quot download quot button shows where video screen was then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away So far I haven t been able to get the video nor the buttons etc to actually take me anywhere or do anything even I think the video is usually using jwplayer It also happens just the same nomatter if I m using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don t seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance HOPEFULLY I got this all done posted right HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Pinger Pinger exe C Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x mail com MailCheck IE mail com MailCheck Broker exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Christopher Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Pa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-find-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type-started-grrrr.1124144/
Relevancy 40.42%

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.. i don't see anything I set in ease of access.  it's making like s a squish sound every few letter i type.  it doesn't do it like for every letter.  it's not when i touch the mouse pad either.  please give me some ideas on how this happened..??

A:Inspiron. I don't know what settings I screw up on but when i type I hear like a squishing sound on every so many letters i type.

Always include your model name and number as well as the operating system when posting a question. Also include a clearer explanation of the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682841
Relevancy 40.42%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 40.42%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always chrome new now adware-type both to type! on find ie, popup Unable source & of a fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in seconds quot amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance NOTE the st time I ran gmer it fried on me amp restarted computer so I ran it with the quot sections quot clicked I saved the ark then I reran it again but with the original options amp it ran ok that time so I saved its ark also amp named it quot ark quot Im posting them both I hope that is best Ark txt sections c drive selected Ark txt the normal choices

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

cginn73,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-and-ie-now-a-new-type-823929.html
Relevancy 40.42%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 40.42%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I set up an Outlook account on a new-to-me laptop I had been Is device? default type type of deteremined email by account unable to download email for several months since I didn't have a computer I had been saving the emails I wanted to keep and had planned on downloading them into my new computer After setting up the account it appeared the system automatically downloaded Is default email account type deteremined by type of device? all of my email from the server I know this is default behavior which I turn off So I went through that process double-checked to see that all the email was downloaded and went out to my server I discovered that what I thought were copies of the emails were left on the servier I didn't want that to happen I dug around to find the location that I have used many times to do this and couldn't remember or find the location to make this change So I came to Seven Forums I saw the step-by-step instructions go to the account select it click change click advanced and uncheck the box that says quot Leave a copy of email on server quot When I went to the advanced dialog box for changing accounts I discovered there wasn't any such box I dug around some more decided to subscribe here and ask why mine was different In the mean time since all the email was downloaded to my computer I went back out to my server deleted all the email and purged the trash Then I went back to my Oullook and discovered all the email that I had quot downloaded quot was gone After digging some more and callling my ISP service desk I discovered that I had set up an IMAP account rather than a POP account There was no place to change this in this account so I deleted the account and went through the process again When I got to the account type the only types showing were IMAP and exchange There may have been another option but the important thing is that POP was not one of the options Down at the bottom of the screen was a checkbox to allow custom set up I checked that and discovered there the POP choice I clicked that and the account behaved as I want deleting copies of emails from the server as they are actually downloaded I have set up several Outlook accounts on various computers before This is the first time I have ever had this happen I have never seen the IMAP as a default before but this is also the first time I have installed it on a laptop Was it this way BECAUSE I was adding the account on a laptop There was another account on the computer which I deleted and it was a POP account so it wasn't some sort of previous setting that just followed over All I know for sure is that having this as default cost me a bunch of time and effort and some extremely important emails Any feedback besides quot Pay closer attention to what your various screens say when you are setting up an account dummy quot

A:Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Hello Hagridore and Welcome to Seven Forums!

No, I don't believe the problem is because it is a Laptop.
Email can be very confusing to setup with the different protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and MAPI.

Referring to "Outlook" can be confusing, as it can mean different things.
Outlook may mean the MS Office Outlook client email program, or an Outlook.com email address.
MS has created confusion here imho.
When you say "Outlook accounts" do you mean email accounts in the Outlook client program, or Outlook.com email address's, or both ?
What email client program are you using, such as MS Office Outlook, MS Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, ... ?
Also fwiw, for WEB (online) access, Hotmail accounts are being converted to the outlook "WEB format" now...just to make it more fun

From what I know, setting up an Outlook.com (or Hotmail) email address with IMAP does not work without a 3rd party paid solution.
MS uses their own proprietary MAPI protocol (or POP3) for hotmail/outlook email address's accessed in a client program.
If it is possible to use an Outlook(Hotmail) email account with IMAP in a client email program, I would like to know how!

When I delete a POP account (Windows Live Mail) I get a warning about messages that might be lost...
Did you get a warning message when you deleted the POP account?

edit:
I just looked at this again, and see it's in the Office forum.
So, can I assume you are using MS Office Outlook on all the PC's?
If so, what version(s)?
Also, who is the email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MS, ...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283902-default-email-account-type-deteremined-type-device.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I just installed the latest set of drivers. The dock still does not connect to my XPS 15- 9550.
This process has gone on for two months.

A:Thunderbolt TB15 Dock still not working

Return it. No amount of software/firmware updates is going to make this device good. It has several hardware issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682019
Relevancy 39.99%

The new XPS has adopted a Thunderbolt port instead of Mini DisplayPort for Connecting to 13 4K (9350) Thunderbolt using 3 XPS monitor connecting Connecting XPS 13 (9350) to 4K monitor using Thunderbolt 3 external monitors The XPS web page states Thunderbolt trade supports nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Power in charging nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PowerShare nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thunderbolt Gbps bi-directional nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp USB Gen Gbps nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Native DisplayPort video output nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp VGA HDMI Ethernet and USB-A via Dell Adapter sold separately It goes on Thunderbolt trade nbsp multi-use port allows you to charge your laptop connect to multiple devices including support for up to two K displays and enjoy data transfers up to Gbps times that of a USB I now want to make use of the nbsp quot Native DisplayPort video output quot nbsp in order to connect a K monitor but it seems to be impossible After many hours on the phone to various departments in Dell I m assured that they don t sell any Thunderbolt accessories yet They ll be releasing a Thunderbolt dock next year TB but for now the best they can offer is a USB-C to HDMI adapter which only supports a maximum resolution of p So the sales blurb says this laptop natively supports DisplayPort but how are we meant to use it

A:Connecting XPS 13 (9350) to 4K monitor using Thunderbolt 3

I got sold the new Dell Adapter - USB Type-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0, DA200, to connect my monitor via HDMI, but everything works, but the HDMI.
Dell techs have tried to get the HDMI to work, but no success. They now claim that that DA200 only supports the XPS12, not the XPS 13.
Seems like a bit of weak answer for a USB C adapter... especially as it's pictured in the photos and in the accessories section of the Dell XPS 13 page.
They said I can get a full refund, but doesn't really solve the problem of no external monitor.
Had the same problem with a USB C to DisplayPort adapter... I feel like HDMI and DisplayPort over USB C isn't quite locked down yet.
I guess we wait for driver updates...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19660321
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I have the XPS 15 9550. I bought a startech thunderbolt 3 dock. It was completely dead - no sign from the laptop when I plugged it in. They replaced it. The new one worked fine for a day. Then it too was dead - no sign that it's connected. It seems unlikely I had 2 dead models. Any ideas whether there is something on the PC that could cause this? BIOS is updated, as is thunderbolt firmware & drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996127
Relevancy 39.99%

I am trying to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device to my R13 (aka R7-371t) and I receive a "USB device not recognized" error message with the "Billboard Manager" appearing in the USB device contoller list.  The Thunderbolt 3 device manufacturer tells me I need to update the Thunderbolt Software, Thunderbolt Controller drivers, Thunderbolt controller firmware and System BIOS.  I found the 1.09 BIOS update but no mention of anything specific to Thunderbolt is mentioned.  Can anyone direct to me where I can find these on the Acer site?   Thank you for your assisttance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-R13-R7-371T-with-included-Thunderbolt-port-is-not/td-p/439869/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.99%

With the issues of USB port enumeration apparently resolved, I've started rolling out zBook 15 G3s to our users.  I've discovered in doing so that the dock does not appear to support Wake-on-LAN.  Is there an option to enable this functionality or perhaps is this functionality on the roadmap to be added in a future firmare release? Thanks, Stan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-Dock-with-Thunderbolt-3-and-Wake-on-LAN/td-p/5676473
Relevancy 39.99%

I just try to connect the thunderbolt (from my laptop) to a display port (my monitor) and nothing happen.
The cable I use is coming with my monitor, mini display port to display port.

I had google for this, some mac can use their thunderbolt as a mini display port, can win7 do the same thing? or I need to find a thunderbolt adapter? or I need to find an ext. graphic card to have the video output?

A:can I use thunderbolt as mini display port?

Hi have you tried using the FN key with an F key to select it to the external monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359692-can-i-use-thunderbolt-mini-display-port.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Downloaded the newest Thunderbolt driver this morning It MAYBE fixed the occasional outage problem that many are having with Thunderbolt USB-C port adapters - jury is still out on that Here is what it DID NOT FIX The fan speed No matter what I plug in to that port the fan revs up and 15 Fan Dell 9550 Speed and XPS Thunderbolt stays up nbsp I disconnect all USB-C adapters and revert to my USB equivalents and everything works fine I have a LAN Gigabit port and a Plugable to HDMI adapter that are working great with no fan revving The minute I use my USB-C versions that fan gets spinning Why nbsp Watching my Task Manager I can see - CPU Memory - disk There is NO REASON for that fan to be running Until Dell and Intel get that Thunderbolt port dialed in I m staying on good ol USB At one level that is frustrating as I bought the XPS partly because of the promise of the quot One port to Dell XPS 15 9550 Thunderbolt and Fan Speed rule them all quot

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 Thunderbolt and Fan Speed

I agree 100%. Bottom line is that ThunderBolt 3, at least in the XPS 15 9550 implementation, is not ready for prime time.
Right now I am running with my XPS 15 closed using an external monitor connected to the integrated HDMI port, a USB 3 adapter into which I have plugged my gigabit ethernet, my usb keyboard, and my integrated monitor webcam. I also have my wireless mouse dongle connected to one of the integrated laptop usb ports and have my power adapter connected. Fan is completely silent and everything works perfectly. I should be able to connect all of that thru the TB15 dock using the single Thunderbolt 3 connection to the XPS 15 9550 with exactly the same results. Unfortunately with the current state of drivers I cannot.
I bought my TB15 dock directly from Dell. Their can't be that many of us. You would think Dell would make the effort to make sure that all of us that did would be communicated to and taken care of...apparently not. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19676323
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey, this could be in the wrong category and I'm sorry if it is. I've seen a lot of problem with the Thunderbolt USB-ports not working, but in my case everything works fine except that the wifi takes priority over the ethernet when I use the dock. The connection works when i disable the WIFI.Had the same problem without the dock but fixed it by installing the HP Hotkey Support. But now it's the same problem when I use the dock. I have WLAN/LAN switching enabled in the BIOS and installed all the latest drivers, I've also tried swithing the priority in Network and Sharing Center and solutions like that. Tried searching the forum but couldn't find anyone with the same problem as me. Best regards, Adam

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Thunderbolt-3-150W-ethernet-problem/td-p/5678440
Relevancy 39.99%

hello we have a brand new spectre first the device is amazing i love it nbsp but we have the following problem with the nbsp HP Elite Thunderbold W Dock if the Spectre is connected over Thunderbold Cable and on the Dock with nbsp Thunderbolt Power combination cable connector One mm power input nbsp every Device is working Network is working USB both Display Ports are working but the Spectre does not charge nbsp i have installed the newest FIrmware Update nbsp for the Thunderbold Dock Driver nbsp and i have updated BIOS Intel Thunderbold Drivers on the Spectre nbsp We have changed also the Thunderbolt Dock with an new one same problem nbsp nbsp one thing on the front the light is off and i cannot turn on the spectre with the button nbsp nbsp any ideas hints nbsp and yes i have connected the spectre over one of the thunderbold ports because the spectre has only usb-c ports but of them have thunderbold technology nbsp i see also that the tb dock is recognized in windows at the thunderbold software nbsp nbsp kind regards nbsp sebastian nbsp nbsp Pro + not 65W 3 13 G1 Elite Thunderbolt HP Spectre c... HP Dock nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-Pro-13-G1-HP-Elite-Thunderbolt-3-65W-Dock-not/td-p/5682088
Relevancy 39.99%

I see updates for the Thunderbolt Controller and driver have been released. I see nothing about any "fixes" in the release notes, only "enhancements". This is a little disconcerting since there have been a number of issues with the Thunderbolt controller. A manufacturer of a new Thunderbolt 3 dock has discovered problems with it. Will this controller or any related BIOS settings be fixed?
JohnD

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985150
Relevancy 39.99%

Good afternoon,

I have just recently purchased a Thunderbolt TB15 from Dell. I was so excited until I connected to my laptop.
I followed the instructions for the drivers installation http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677047
It didn't work. I remove all the softwares and tried again, still no improvement.
I finally gave Dell support a call, but it didn't resolve my issue.
So, I am currently able to get a power from the TB15, but that's it. All other ports, USBs, Ethernet, etc. are still not working.
When I plugged an Ethernet cable, I can see the blinking on the TB15 but it didn't connect to my laptop.
I have a 9350 series.
FYI, I searched on this forum and tried to do all the suggested solution, but I have no luck.

Please let me know if anyone of you has a solution for this.

Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983789
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm thinking of getting a P I see it has USB ports and Thunderbolt ports nbsp My questions are nbsp Is each of the USB ports P70 3 USB Controller Thunderbolt and Port Questi... 3 connected to their own controller so that each port is capable of it's maximum bandwidth nbsp Or are all four ports connected to the same controller so that the data bandwidth is divided among the four ports nbsp Similar Thunderbolt port question nbsp Is each of the two Thunderbolt ports connected to it's own controller nbsp Or is the bandwidth shared between the two ports nbsp I'm planning on using the USB ports maybe Thunderbolt also with a high end high data rate USB camera that according to the specs can use up of the USB bandwidth nbsp If I were to use two cameras at the same time it would not work if all four ports are connected to the same controller bus and sharing P70 USB 3 and Thunderbolt 3 Port Controller Questi... the bandwidth nbsp I have read that laptops usually share all USB ports on the same controller nbsp I'm hopeing it will be different with the P being a professional workstation class product nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-USB-3-and-Thunderbolt-3-Port-Controller-Questions/td-p/3363528
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello! I recently bought two HP thunderbolt 2 PCIe Cards for my workstation (not an HP) and it seems either they were not correctly installed or I still need to download some kind of drivers or Bios. I would really apreciate any comment on how to get them working. My workstation is a Supermicro  Superserver 7048GR-TR and I used the only 2 free slots (10 and 11) to install the cards. I Have the instructive to install them in an HP Z820,Z620,Z420,OR Z230 which are similar HP models to my Supermicro Workstation, and the card comes with a set of different cables to adapt  depending on which Z model you have. The problem here is that in my workstation I have to leave that port of the card unconnected since there is no equivalent port in the mother board to connect it to. Any thoughts?Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/thunderbolt-2-PCIe-Card-installation/td-p/5572297
Relevancy 39.99%

I am trying to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device to my R13 (aka R7-371t) and I receive a "USB device not recognized" error message with the "Billboard Manager" appearing in the USB device contoller list.  The Thunderbolt 3 device manufacturer tells me I need to update the Thunderbolt Software, Thunderbolt Controller drivers, Thunderbolt controller firmware and System BIOS.  I found the 1.09 BIOS update but no mention of anything specific to Thunderbolt is mentioned.  Can anyone direct to me where I can find these on the Acer site?   Thank you for your assisttance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-R13-R7-371T-with-included-Thunderbolt-port-is-not/td-p/439869
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, This is regarding the latest thunderbolt update just released recently. 15th Aug. 2016 i think... the first pack of the update installed succesfully. However,when installing the 2nd pack, an error message tells me to install the 1st pack. I'm using the Acer Care app in my PC for installing updates. Now, the second update pack for thunderbolt still appears in my Acer Care app, waiting to be installed. My Laptop is VN7 592G, running windows 10 64bit. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Bobby

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Thunderbolt-3-update-problem/td-p/452615
Relevancy 39.99%

I 17 thunderbolt g3 zbook docking 3 issues am using this Zbook g for the third week now It is significantly fasters than the elitebook W it retires There is still some issues not resolved I have established a routine to making docking to the thunderbolt work I have one thunderbolt at home and another in the office nbsp nbsp I found to have the thunderbolt docking work properly I need to log in to the laptop standing alone without having it connected to any device The external keyboard and the mouse are both connected to zbook 17 g3 thunderbolt 3 docking issues the thunderbolt via USB so when I start up they are both inactive After the laptop starts up I then plug in the thunderbolt to the laptop to provide it with power and communication The screen dual monitor in both locations flashes and then the second monitor external keyboard and the mouse work this way If I plug in the thunderbolt connector to the laptop right when I start up it will not communicate with the laptop which means the external keyboard the mouse or the second monitor all will not work nbsp nbsp I think this is not right I'd like to be able to walk into the office or home office Dock the laptop Turn it on and every device works like any HP docking device I used to have But before I found an alternative my established start-up procedure is an acceptable work around Not good enough But I'd live with it How is everyone else's experience with the zbook g docking to the thunderbolt nbsp Another issue is I have not yet had the USB ports on the laptop work with it docked The device manager other devices show Universal Serial Bus USB Controller not working The symptoms is it could not find the driver I've had two sessions with the HP tech support and they were unable to solve the problem so far nbsp The USB ports work if the laptop is undocked nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/zbook-17-g3-thunderbolt-3-docking-issues/td-p/5762440
Relevancy 39.99%

For the Zbook G3 series, is HP going to support external GPU enclosures via Thunderbolt 3?  I believe it requires support at the firmware (UEFI) level along with driver support for maximum compatibility.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Zbook-G3-Thunderbolt-3-External-GPU-support/td-p/5750146
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone, I recently installed a HP Thunderbolt-2 PCIe 1-port I/O Card (F3F43AA) into my HP.  Is there a way to check to see if it's running properly?  I installed the Win10 drivers as well.  I can pull up the 'Attached Thunderbolt Devices' software window... not sure if that is an indicator of it being up and running.   The reason I'm asking is because my OWC Thunderbay 4 drives are not appearing 'Attached Thunderbolt Devices' or in the 'Disk Managerment' area of the Computer Management. (https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TB2IVKIT0GB/) I'm not sure if it's the PCIe Thunderbolt card or the OWC enclosure that needs my attention.  Any suggstions would be so helpful. Thank you in advance!-Richard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-verify-HP-Thunderbolt-card-is-working/td-p/5816686