Windows Support Forum

Laptop problem Asus Vivobook Q301LA

Q: Laptop problem Asus Vivobook Q301LA

Until recently my laptop, an Asus Vivobook with an i5-processor, touchscreen and a 500 gig harddisk, worked just fine, no problems whatsoever. But when I started playing GuildWars 2 it developped a nervous 'tick'. Let me explain: of course the battery of my laptop doesn't last forever, so sometimes I have to plug it in while playing GW, and as soon as I do that the screen starts to black out randomly, as bad as sometimes every 3 seconds. It turns itself on again, and there's no loss of performance (at least not a noticeable one). It gets worse: when I stop playing it continues to flicker on and off. I know that it's not a heat problem, at least I don't think so. SpeedFan detects temperatures up to 67 degrees while playing, but that's it, my laptop should be able to handle that.

Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop problem Asus Vivobook Q301LA

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop problem Asus Vivobook Q301LA

...ok, here's an addendum to my post: at the moment the screen goes blank every time I plug in the charger, and the core temperature is around 51, 52 degrees, so in my humble opinion it's definitely not a heat issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problem-asus-vivobook-q301la.204938/
Relevancy 98.47%

I Regarding my q301la asus laptop currently just got an asus a la laptop in the mail yesterday When I first used it on Thursday night after charging it the laptop worked fine Come Friday morning Regarding my asus q301la laptop I see that I by accident left it on sleep mode instead of shutting it off Well when I go turn it on and sign in it froze on me with a black screen and started flickering It happened twice back to back and on the third restart it stopped The charger was not connected and the laptop was at about battery left The first reviews I read about this laptop were really good until I started to look into more and found out numerous customers were having the same problem that the screen would flicker when charging or randomly BestBuy says I have weeks to return it with a full refund I have a choice of getting another laptop or returning this one and getting the same type of laptop sent back to me but a new one My budget was but I might be able to push it to flat no more Please give me some guidance on what I should do and what other laptops I should consider Preferably looking for something with an i because I heard the i processor is slow at least gb hard drive or a ssd drive I wouldn t mind another touchscreen laptop I actually quite enjoy it and at least gb of ram Also I m new to this forum so sorry if this post is a bit messy and stuff This was my first timer with asus and many people recommended me to this company I have a feeling maybe just the q la in particular did not come out good nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/regarding-my-asus-q301la-laptop.207639/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello Bleeping Computer You've helped me effectively in the past and I come to you again in this time of need Last week I replaced my fried HP laptop with something new an ASUS Windows Ultrabook with a touchscreen S CA After starting the machine and setting up Windows I downloaded Firefox and noticed that it was running a little choppy ASUS VivoBook Updating S500CA on New Problem Windows Shortly after I was prompted to install -something important updates for Problem Updating Windows on New ASUS VivoBook S500CA Windows I tried to but as the bar moved along to indicate progress the percentage of the procedure that was completed never changed from I was then informed that Windows had encountered a problem and had to shut down When it restarted the opening ASUS screen read something like attempting to repair and remained that way for a while Once it finished it said nothing could be done and gave me the options to troubleshoot i e do the same thing again or shut the notebook down After checking online to see if I could enter Windows in safe mode I read something about pressing F after booting to bring up some new options I chose Refresh from those options and my apps were removed but my files preserved Everything once again became accessible and Problem Updating Windows on New ASUS VivoBook S500CA I've been using the notebook for about hours since without any problems Firefox is even much smoother than before Now here's my dilemma I'm once again being prompted to install important updates from Windows I have iTunes and Microsoft Word and all my things already set up and I really don't want them to be removed again Am I taking a risk by attempting to update again Is there anything I can do to mitigate that risk Thanks guys GP

A:Problem Updating Windows on New ASUS VivoBook S500CA

Try installing the updates in small batches, say 5 or 6 at a time, then if you do get a failure you should be able to go back to a previous restore point instead of having to refresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517186/problem-updating-windows-on-new-asus-vivobook-s500ca/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi!

I have a problem with the clickpad. I installed the driver and I get this message: This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24) (Device Manager). I have also updated Asus PS/2 Port clickpad, but it still not working. Could you please help me with this?

[ System details: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor + windows 8]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clickpad-asus-vivobook.1113540/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an Asus VivoBook S400CA that I was thinking about selling. I got it for Christmas. It has never had a virus, and it's in perfect condition. Everything works great. I'm going to sell it with a stylus I got for it, along with the charger. I'm selling it because it's not the laptop for me.

Does anyone know how much I could get for it?

I might also include a detached CD-drive I got from Best Buy... I think it was like, 60 bucks. I've used it once or twice, and I won't be needing it when I get rid of this laptop.

A:Appraisal - Asus VivoBook S400CA

Depends highly on what specs it has. CNET says the price range is $695 - $1142.

Considering this laptop is used, has 6mths warranty left, and isn't factory defaulted (I highly recommend doing this, we can help), I'd be looking at $550 - $950 max as a private sale.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/appraisal-asus-vivobook-s400ca.191596/
Relevancy 72.24%

This actually isn't directly Windows 10 related since it also affected Windows 8 and 8.1.

A couple years back I swapped out the mechanical drive in this notebook for an SSD. Device Manager shows a lot of unknown devices that have no drivers, even after I installed as many of the drivers as I could find on ASUS's website. Does anyone know if there is a bundled collection of drivers somewhere for this model so I have everything originally bundled with this system?

A:ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers

Have the same system with all the drivers, the total size is about 4 gig. Will pack them up and put them on OneDrive for you to get. Will let you know when they are there. Send me your email address for the invite.

Originally Posted by thunderclap

This actually isn't directly Windows 10 related since it also affected Windows 8 and 8.1.

A couple years back I swapped out the mechanical drive in this notebook for an SSD. Device Manager shows a lot of unknown devices that have no drivers, even after I installed as many of the drivers as I could find on ASUS's website. Does anyone know if there is a bundled collection of drivers somewhere for this model so I have everything originally bundled with this system?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/9350-asus-vivobook-x202e-drivers.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Seen as my Windows 8.1 installation may be completely useless, I am going to need help booting up from BIOS. I have been putting Windows 7 (32-bit) on my USB drive and when I boot it with my laptop it shows up and says "Reboot and select proper device or insert boot media and press key". I really need help with this as like I said in my other threads, I have some important exams coming up and I need to do some revision - plus this is my only laptop!

A:ASUS VivoBook X200CA - Booting from USB

See here: How To Install Windows 7 To USB External Hard Drive

"While one can install Windows 7 from an external hard drive or USB, one can't install the same to an external hard drive. For all those users waiting for a workaround to install Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to an external hard drive, here is a complete solution."

Also see this YouTube video for what looks like simpler instructions: How to Install Windows 7 on External HDD part 1

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47345-asus-vivobook-x200ca-booting-usb.html
Relevancy 72.24%

ASUS VivoBook S551LN bluescree
new, I get a blue screen error with Power_Driver_state_failure

Memory.Dmp
https://www.dropbox.com/s/883xi24s5q...Mem%20dump.txt
(if you need the actuall Mem.dmp file Please say)

Happens after loading certain applications. Assuming theres a compata problem with a few of the things.

Ive updated all the drivers i could find. Also I uninstalled Deamon Tools

Edit: Forgot to add that it does not happen instantly. The problem of BSOD occurs about 3/4 Mins after the application is opened

A:ASUS VivoBook S551LN bluescreen

Hi Noobman200 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Please follow the instructions over here and use the Option 1 :-
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Once the SF Diagnostic ZIP file has been generated, attach it with your next post ^_^.
The attached file does not provide any information (Just the fact that it is caused by some Driver).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50738-asus-vivobook-s551ln-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Sorry if this is Cache on SSD How VivoBook set again do I up S551LB ASUS the wrong place to post this and if there is already a solution posted somewhere but I've been reading threads on many forums for days and trying to solve this but nothing has worked yet I just bought an ASUS VivoBook S How do I set up SSD Cache again on ASUS VivoBook S551LB LB laptop which comes with Windows It has a TB harddrive and an extra GB SSD which is used for cache i guess I wanted to reinstall Windows because I didn't want to use the OEM version Doing that took enough work But after reinstalling i decided to check if the cache drive was still working The Disk Management interface showed that the SSD was empty when previously it was completely full so I guessed that the cache needed to be set up again I installed everything from my laptop's driver page and ran windows update until there were no more updates left I looked in every ASUS and Intel application installed on the computer for options regarding the cache drive but there was nothing The Condusiv ExpressCache program had no gui and the command line didnt help and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program wasn't showing most of the options which other people have I read lots of threads and everything seemed to point to the need for RAID I tried the registry edits BIOS options and with safe boot and looking for RAID drivers for my laptop The BIOS only has the option for AHCI and there are no RAID drivers that I can find for my laptop I installed different versions of the IRST program tried deleting the SSD volume formatting it etc The fixes people talk about in other threads don't work for me because my programs BIOS etc seem to be missing options Is RAID my problem Here are some pictures of my OS Installed programs Drives Volumes ExpressCache Intel Rapid Storage Technology I may have forgot to mention other things that I've tried and I can edit the post to mention them if anybody brings them up Thanks Edit Just rechecked BIOS settings for the th time and the only SATA configuration option is AHCI and there are no extra options in the BIOS regarding either of the Intel IRSTs

A:How do I set up SSD Cache again on ASUS VivoBook S551LB

Your SSD drive should be Disk 1 not Disk 0.

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/39748-how-do-i-set-up-ssd-cache-again-asus-vivobook-s551lb.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just got a asus vivobook and the touchscreen is going haywire i cant find a way to disable it someone please help! my job is on hold because of this! im using windows 8

A:HELP! need to turn touch screen off asus vivobook

moved to hardware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-to-turn-touch-screen-off-asus-vivobook.1097969/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

Just bought a new laptop, ASUS VivoBook S551LB. The guy told me that everything is fixed, battery non-removable, graphics card can't be changed i.e upgraded, the same goes to RAM. Everything on the shop is fixed so I decided to buy this one since it is affordable and can sustain enough performance to be used in gaming.

My question is how do I take care of the battery ? At the moment I'm plugging in the whole day but it says 99% available (plugged in, not charging) so I think it is kinda safe to be plugged in rather than keep charging until 100% and discharging it and use it and charging again, repeating the sequence.

What do you think? Can it be harmful ?

A:ASUS VivoBook Non-removable battery question

safe yes ,but,what I think is all battery's of this type are meant to be charged and discharged, for loner life of the battery

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39579-asus-vivobook-non-removable-battery-question.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have ASUS vivobook s550cb with windows 8 in it (OEM). It has 1 TB HDD+24GB SSD. Previously, before I reset all drives in this laptop with the OEM OS, the SSD seems to be fully allocated. After reset, the SSD is offline and unallocated. Though, I have made it online in GPT disk, it is still unallocated. How can I utilize the SSD back to its previous condition? I have read all instructions in several forums and I can't seem t find solutions.
FYI, I have not installed anything yet in this laptop after reset.
Here is the disk management status:

A:ASUS Vivobook s550CB SSD unallocated after reset

right click the drive and select format..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64274-asus-vivobook-s550cb-ssd-unallocated-after-reset.html
Relevancy 70.95%

------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS VivoBook S551LN bluescreen (nvlddmkm.sys failure)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment 53275

Link to Sf Debug tool file here!

Hello, ive got this failure every time i try to install a driver on my laptop. My laptop is about ? a year old and i have never got any problems with it, but now i got after i installed windows 7 on it! The laptop came with windows 8.1 from the store but i hate windows 8 so i decided to install windows 7.

You can find all the details about the pc here!

Thx for the help!

A:ASUS VivoBook S551LN bluescreen (nvlddmkm.sys failure)

I would suggest that you post over in SevenForums for assistance with BSOD's in Win7: Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56437-asus-vivobook-s551ln-bluescreen-nvlddmkm-sys-failure.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have this problem with my computer and Windows 10 OS where the entire desktop is expanded to the right side of the screen and I have encountered no way to solve it. The graphics driver is the latest one and is a fresh install of Windows 10.
I will attach one screenshot that shows the issue.

A:Windows 10 possible graphics issue on Asus VivoBook S400CA

If someone else also encountered this issue the way should go it is with the latest ATK Package provided by ASUS that causing this.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35402-windows-10-possible-graphics-issue-asus-vivobook-s400ca.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I ask some noob questions I have a problem with my ASUS Vivobook S CM It takes to boot for a very long time literally more than minutes But once I get inside windows I just Vivobook SSD 24G ASUS kingston on cache Defective S550CM upgraded last year everything seems to be close to normal or a little laggy but still useable details Asus laptop comes with core i GB RAM gb Nvidia dedicated graphics GB HDD GB SSD cache Kingston SMSM S G I was able to diagnose and come to conclude that the problem lies in the GB SSD cache When I tried to recover it back to Win original pre-installed OS it can no longer see the recovery partition Upon checking with utility software belarc I found out that the gb SSD cache disk already FAILED under SMART So i believe this is the culprit and immediately i searched online for GB SSD Kingston replacement and only found a used working item on ebay Kingston GB SSD Laptop Solid State Drive SMSM S g eBay Now my question is When i get the item from ebay and install it on my ASUS laptop Do i need to do something with the replacement GB SSD or i just swap it directly with the old defective SSD by the way they have exactly the same brand and model Please advice as i have no idea on what to do I read somewhere that there has to be Defective kingston 24G SSD cache on ASUS Vivobook S550CM a set-up for IRST and etc but i have little knowledge about it Thanks in advance Regards Ray

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/390162-defective-kingston-24g-ssd-cache-asus-vivobook-s550cm.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have this problem with my computer and Windows 10 OS where the entire desktop is expanded to the right side of the screen and I have encountered no way to solve it. The graphics driver is the latest one and is a fresh install of Windows 10.
I will attach one screenshot that shows the issue.

A:Windows 10 possible graphics issue on Asus VivoBook S400CA

If someone else also encountered this issue the way should go it is with the latest ATK Package provided by ASUS that causing this.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35402-windows-10-possible-graphics-issue-asus-vivobook-s400ca.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I ask some noob questions I have a problem with my ASUS Vivobook S CM It takes to boot for a very long time literally more than minutes But once I get inside windows I just upgraded last year everything seems to be close to normal or a little laggy but still useable details Asus laptop comes with core i GB RAM gb Nvidia dedicated graphics GB HDD GB SSD cache Kingston SMSM S G I was able to diagnose and come to conclude that the problem lies in the GB SSD cache When I tried to recover it back to Win original pre-installed OS it can no longer see the recovery partition Upon checking with utility software belarc I found out that the gb SSD cache disk already FAILED under SMART So i believe Vivobook on S550CM Defective cache 24G ASUS kingston SSD this is the culprit and immediately i searched online for GB SSD Kingston replacement and only found a used working item on ebay Kingston GB SSD Laptop Solid State Drive SMSM S g eBay Now my question is When i get the item from ebay and install it on my ASUS laptop Do i need to do something with the replacement GB SSD or i just swap it directly with the old defective SSD by the way they have exactly the same brand and model Please advice as i have no idea on what to do I read somewhere that there has to be a set-up for IRST and etc but i Defective kingston 24G SSD cache on ASUS Vivobook S550CM have little knowledge about it Thanks in advance Regards Ray

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390162-defective-kingston-24g-ssd-cache-asus-vivobook-s550cm.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there I just got my new Asus Vivobook s ca running Win a few weeks ago It really runs great although I managed to find one problem Since this is a laptop without a detachable screen I didn't really find any good reason for having the touch keyboard toolbar in my task bar since I was pretty sure I'd never need it So I disabled the keyboard which worked out fine but the toolbar was still there I then went on to try to remove it by using one of EightForum's reg files for that purpose This did as described remove the toolbar but apparantly it stopped the mouse pad driver as well even though the mouse pad itself basically works no gestures or scrolling though As you can see here There's no driver running And pad work Asus driver Vivobook Mouse doesn't - in the ASUS hub it's also impossible to turn it on It just keeps saying it's off So I decided to use another reg file that I found with the initial one that should basically just rollback the effect that the other one had but to no avail It just made the toolbar come back So I don't really know where to go from here Any suggestions Also if there is anyone who knows what to do about that toolbar please do tell Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/41476-mouse-pad-driver-doesnt-work-asus-vivobook.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys I am very frustrated I really hope start ASUS Slow Vivobook up 8.1, of boot Windows / S550CB you can help me I have an ASUS Vivobook S CB Intel Core i - u processor Gb of Ram Gb Gb SSD hard drive Windows pre-installed It used to boot load Windows and be ready to use it in - seconds I updated to Windows from Windows Store and everything was still perfect for the following - months Pushed the button Slow start up / boot of Windows 8.1, ASUS Vivobook S550CB - secs ASUS logo - secs Windows Logo and on the remaining seconds was loading the operating system Now all of a sudden after getting a message about a hard disk error failure Push the button - secs ASUS logo and Slow start up / boot of Windows 8.1, ASUS Vivobook S550CB then I see the quot loading circle quot under the logo quot loading quot for - minutes and after that loads the operating system just fine I checked the hard disks C for the operating system D for the rest of my stuff it was bought like this with partitions with two ways Right Click - gt Properties - gt Tools - gt Error Checking Then quot optimize and defragment quot I used the program Hard Disk Sentinel Both ways showed no problem So having no clue about what happened I decided to reset my PC I did that so I got the PC just like when I bought it But with the problem still there Updated again to Windows and still there So now after all of this trouble I don't know how to fix the problem Any ideas Btw I am not a PC expert so if you have the patience please be a little detailed on your suggestions if it's something complicated

A:Slow start up / boot of Windows 8.1, ASUS Vivobook S550CB

You mention, "hard disk/failure," but does that mean you've actually had a warning of a failure with the hard disk? I'm asking because if that's the case, then it's pretty obvious what's probably happened: you'll have probably had a hard disk failure. In this unfortunately event, backup your files and take the laptop back to the shop from whence it came, so they can replace the HDD free of charge. (assuming it's within the ream of possibility) If this is a no-go, you'll have to brave it yourself, or get someone else to do it.

But...

In the event that you can't do all that, and it is the HDD, then it's maybe possible to "workaround" this issue (not recommended due to possible, nigh-on-likely data loss) by flagging the bad sectors on the disk, but Scandisk should have done that really, unless you didn't do a thorough check; the one that takes an eternity.

Check the S.M.A.R.T status too, which you can do by downloading and running this tool: HDD Health failure prediction for hard drives and ssd drives (scan before running)

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/65772-slow-start-up-boot-windows-8-1-asus-vivobook-s550cb.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I ask some noob questions Also this is a double-post i don't know how to delete in the previous thread since i made a mistake it should be posted here instead I have a problem with my ASUS Vivobook S CM It takes to boot for a very long time literally more than minutes But once on defective SSD S550CM 24GB kingston vivobook asus cache I get inside windows I just upgraded last year everything seems to be close to normal or a little laggy but still defective kingston 24GB SSD cache on asus vivobook S550CM useable details Asus laptop comes with core i GB RAM gb Nvidia dedicated graphics GB HDD GB SSD cache Kingston SMSM S G I was able to diagnose and come to conclude that the problem lies in the GB SSD cache When I tried to recover it back to Win original pre-installed OS it can no longer see the recovery partition Upon checking with utility software belarc I found out that the gb SSD cache disk already FAILED under SMART So i believe this is the culprit and immediately i searched online for GB SSD Kingston replacement and only found a used working item on ebay Kingston GB SSD Laptop Solid State Drive SMSM S g eBay Now my question is When i get the item from ebay and install it on my ASUS laptop Do i need to do something with the replacement GB SSD or i just swap it directly with the old defective SSD by the way they have exactly the same brand and model Please advice as i have no idea on what to do I read somewhere that there has to be a set-up for IRST and etc but i have little knowledge about it Thanks in advance Regards Ray

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390163-defective-kingston-24gb-ssd-cache-asus-vivobook-s550cm.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or = Sony P5E3 laptop Asus problem on Wifi + Laptop motherboard Vaio Deluxe onboard I already have a Asus P E Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram gb gtx card and a quad core processor Now I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running mbps speed This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection What I Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus something called Asus WiFi-AP n software and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well Now the problem is that my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues Similarly when I am trying to connect my Nokia e mobile phone with the pc via wifi my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error So can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P E Deluxe WiFi-AP n connection Also if possible then please let me know how to connect my phone as well which is a secondary question Thank you in advance Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P E Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows is installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-asus-p5e3-deluxe-motherboard-wifi-problem-on-laptop.955799/
Relevancy 53.32%

I run Windows bit on my G JW series Asus laptop with GB of Ram that is now reading and using only GB I ran an avast standalone cleaning tool which discovered malware hidden in the C Windows winsxs wow microsoft-windows files which I of course deleted Does anyone know how to get my laptop to read the laptop problem RAM Asus GB of RAM again instead of Asus laptop RAM problem just the GB it is currently reading Secondly my printer a pos canon mx no longer has the prompt to scan when I right click the print image in the hardware and sound file under view devices and printers This happened once before and reloading the disk that came with the printer fixed it however my moronic brother helped himself to that CD and left it in the car on a hot day so it no longer reads NOTE THIS - THE DOWNLOAD FROM CANON FOR THIS PRINTER DOES quot NOT quot FIX OR HELP THIS PROBLEM So please don't tell me to go there and download it I have written to canon and they no longer have the original software that came with the printer If someone has that CD I'd love to get a clone of it THX Lastly backup won't complete as well ARGHHHH lol

A:Asus laptop RAM problem

I think you men GB.

Please post a snip of resource monitor showing the memory tab.

Example:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369000-asus-laptop-ram-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I installed Win 7 clean, everything was fine for a couple of days. Then I noticed I had lost support for the Tosiba HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L ATA which I used to install Windows. Now my CD doesn't even show up; trouble shooter says it can't install since the registry entry doesn't agree...huh???

I tried copying the cdrom.sys from my Vista 64 to Win 7 64 and tried to get it to use that, but no avail.

Anybody ever had this problem? I went back to my Vista 64 and the CD drive works fine.

A:Win 7 x64 Asus Laptop DVD/CD driver problem

1) Perform a system restore, see here; System Restore or do a clean install again.

2) (This MIGHT work Navigate to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt (Right click and Run as administrator) and type in "sfc /scannow" (Do not type in the quotes; and leave space between 'sfc' and '/scannow') and wait until it's complete.

Hope this helps,
C.Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/11448-win-7-x64-asus-laptop-dvd-cd-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a year old ASUS X DIJ series laptop running Windows Home Premium bit sp Boot ASUS Problem Laptop upgraded from vista equivalent it runs IE Norton and has AOL internet software installed For some time it has expereinced the random intermittent ASUS Laptop Boot Problem problem of clicking fits which freeze up the machine requiring manual switch off and restart various scans and virus checks came up with nothing and the machine can work fine for days sometimes between episodes Today however after one such clicking episode it will no longer load boot windows The BIOS loads fine but after displaying Starting Windows screen just goes to a black screen and mouse pointer moveable Nothing will change this Control Alt Delete included an the machine has to them be turned off manually I have tried loading the recovery discs i created when upgrading to Win the windows installation disc and the original Vista recovery discs to no effect the discs try to load but cannot and the same black screen returns I am wondering what the problem might be and how if i can fix it I am suspecting hard disc failure problem but as this has never happened to me before i do not know for sure I am hoping it isnt as serious as this Please ask if you need any more info Thanks

A:ASUS Laptop Boot Problem

Hello Richard,

Please try to run Start UP repair using Windows 7 Disc http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

Can it get to the recovery start up page via disc See Step 2 on the link do you see this screemn

Can you please post the hard drive model number and the manufacture I can get the hard drive diagnostic tool for the type of hard drive for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455421/asus-laptop-boot-problem/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm on Asus running vista. Ran memory diagnosis once but found no problems and I can't turn it off ever since, except to use "Esc" each time at start up. Anyone has any clue how to disable this and let me enjoy the Asus as it was before the stupid test? I have tried system restore to no avail.

A:Asus laptop reboot problem

Try describing your problem to further detail. What you're saying sounds like something on a bios level or even a corrupt install of windows or something.

I'm using and ASUS laptop and so far apart from the usual windows hickups i've not had any problems with it o.o

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-reboot-problem.122164/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone my nephew have Asus F3F with Vista Home Premium, he get problem with the Mouse the problem is the left click some time not work and the author click is working normally but some time all is work good I have uninstall the Mouse and the Touchpad software and install it again but the result is same problem, and this problem was not get it before when he install Vista Ultimate, can anyone help please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-laptop-touchpad-problem-315125.html
Relevancy 52.03%

(handshake)!

Guys, i have a weird problem with my laptop. I was running my laptop on windows 8.. two days ago, i decided to upgrade to windows 10. So, i formatted hard disk and installed windows 10 from usb drive, everything went well! Then i installed all updates, drivers. But i met this problem.

PROBLEM: Sometimes, when i want to turn off computer, as everybody, i click on "Shut Down" button in start menu. Blue screen appears, and it says "shutting down"..then screen goes black, so it seems that it's already turned off but here it the thing! power light indicator below keyboard won't turn off, it means that computer is still running. The only way i can turn my computer off is to hit my finger on power button for several seconds. Any ideas???

A:ASUS laptop X550LA Shutdown problem!!!

Hey bodies!

I'll tell you about my problem in short: I was running my laptop on windows 7 for several years...finally, it got many viruses and slowed down! yesterday, i re-installed windows 7 (formatted evertything and installed new one)..during the installation, suddenly screen colours messed up (dominant colour was green) and since that, it hasn't been fixed. I don't think it's cause of video card's missing driver, because when i enter to bios, the same shit happenes. wtf?

img1
img2
img3

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126736-asus-laptop-x550la-shutdown-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello my mother bought a Windows XP editition of a Asus Eee PC HA from Englands Amazon we live in Finland She has used it only times and now we have a problem When we turn on the laptop it starts to laptop Asus PC Eee problem 1008HA Mini beep and brings us to the first screen which is gray and has at the bottom quot press F to run setup and press tab to display bios post message quot It allows me to access both of these but this doesnt Asus Eee PC 1008HA Mini laptop problem help because i can t go any further because of this Entering setup gt Asus Eee PC 1008HA Mini laptop problem never does it stays on the same page Press ESC for boot selection popup menu gt i press esc and it just tells me that i have selected the menu but still stays on the same page Press F for system recovery gt system recovery has been selected gt doesn t do anything stays on the same page I also bought a optical cd drive and put the recovery Cd in it and booted up the laptop but nothing happens just that quot boot selection popup menu has been selected quot but it doesn t advance Please help us nbsp

A:Asus Eee PC 1008HA Mini laptop problem

Contact Acer.
Look elsewhere on TechSpot for the report on Beep Codes... it will tell you what the beeps mean on your model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-eee-pc-1008ha-mini-laptop-problem.149610/
Relevancy 52.03%

I got asus new laptop problem is that when I install windows 7 on it I get this problem it's came with windows 7 windows got corrupted that's wanted install new w.7
I get the problem as shows in the pic

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A:Windows 7 installing Problem on asus laptop

Is this the same Asus as the subject of your post here, on another topic please

I install new windows 7 ultimate on my laptop model no Asus K50IJ series I formated all partitions windows installed successfully when done computer restates and ask for password to access the Windows I am wonder I didn't give it any password many times gave it try but same problem
Kindly help me with.Click to expand...

and what happened on that occasion please.

It was on this topic
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1089386-new-install-windows-7-ask.html

on 14 February
This may help
http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...s=188&hashedid=ZWrNVPXEbNNTjJZg&os=29&no=1775

OR are you installing or have previously installed a version of Windows 7 different to that originally installed when you bought the Asus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installing-problem-on-asus-laptop.1098635/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I have a K43SD ASUS laptop.
when I bought it, I installed win7 ultimate x64 and installed drivers from CD and it was working great.
recently I deleted windows and installed the win7 from the same DVD again and installed drivers from the same CD.
but now WiFi driver doesn't work. What should I do?!

A:Asus laptop WiFi Driver problem

Is it turned on? Fn + F2 I believe turns it on and off. Does the wifi card show up correctly in device mnager, with no yellow ! after it? Have you tried the driver available for that model on the ASUS web site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/297866-asus-laptop-wifi-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm having a super annoying problem with my gaming notebook. when i go into almost any game and have it set to full 1900 by 1200 with high detail and stuff every couple seconds my screen goes white with some lines in it for like half a second, almost like the LCD's FFC cables were half connected. It makes it virtually impossible to play a game. I have a full replacement warrenty with Memory express. But i just wanted to see if maybe it was a driver issue or not. I used the original restore discs when i installed vista last. The video card is a ati Radeon HD 2600. This is really annoying as i bought it for a gaming laptop and i can't even game cause i get white screens all the time.

Asus g2k-a1
2.3ghz duo core amd
2gb ram
Ati radeon HD 2600 vid card
17" 1900 by 1200 LCD

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

A:Video problem on Asus G2k-a1 gaming laptop

BUmp, sorry for bumping but i really need to know a simple question on if its a driver issue or not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-problem-on-asus-g2k-a1-gaming-laptop.842140/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have a asus x52f laptop the volume is at 100 per sent and with the correct drivers installed but the sound is still low can anyone help with this problem.

A:asus x52f laptop sound problem.

Has it always been like that? Looking around it seems the volume level might be a problem with that model. Might be worth some external amplified speakers - you can get some small units these days that are quite good. Even the ones on a phone dock can be way ahead of those on a laptop and they have an inbuilt amplifier.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-x52f-laptop-sound-problem/1534.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I have been searching all over the internet with the issue of my cursor/touchpad/keyboard that has gone haywire. it is everytime u want to type something (login password, word document, etc) the pointer keeps jumping to the left of the bar or space and it sometimes types in everything backwards!!! when i go to a folder the thing just keeps jumping around all over the place or stays to the left or the right even expanding folders, views are affected by it. i have reinstalled my laptop, even wiped it clean and reinstalled still nothing. it happened once before, i reinstalled and worked... now it there is just no way out. even plugging a keyboard and mouse to it still does the same thing.any advice would be most grateful!

A:ASUS laptop X451C problem with cursor and typing

Is Windows 10 preinstalled on this laptop or did you do Windows 10 upgrade?i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/asus-laptop-x451c-problem-with-cursor-and-typing/125.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all,

Just purchased a ASUS K55 model laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I start the machine, I get a message that tells me I have to install the ATK0100 driver.

I googled it and found out that its a touchpad driver, and I've found it on the ASUS Downloads section for my model. The problem is I download it from the first server listed, and I download a folder, unzip it, and then get stuck. I've run the setup icon, and ASUS installs something and tells me to restart. I do, and then get the same ATK0100 alert. Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,
blue5oscar

A:[SOLVED] New ASUS laptop - ATK0100 driver problem

Hello,

What is the complete model number?

Go to the ASUS Support site for your model and look under Utilities.

There should be an ATKACPI driver listed. You can download and install this.

Instead of using the Download Manager (DLM) jusat choose the Global file and download and run it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-new-asus-laptop-atk0100-driver-problem-680921.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello TSG forums I am glad to make my first post here and look forward to more to come Recently I bought some items on newegg for building a computer among which are an ASUS quot monitor and a Sapphire Radeon X graphics card I have not received the case yet so I haven t started building yet I decided to test out this monitor to make sure that it Acer and monitor/ (lines go) ASUS problem Laptop come performed well before I started building currently it is our only standalone monitor So I hooked it up to my Acer laptop I just recently ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) bought via VGA connection to the monitor This ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) is the problem The monitor functions just fine for around minutes but then vertical lines flash across the screen every few seconds The problem is recorded in the link below http youtu be piH I ysTnM After having this problem I switched to an HDMI cable to see if it was a problem with the connection The problem was the same I couldn t try the DVI connection because my laptop does not have the ability for ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go) that connection Also about a week ago I completely reset my laptop to get rid of the malware Prior to the reset I connected the laptop to our TV via HDMI and it performed fine Have not tried it after the reset I was wanting to know if this would be a problem with the monitor which I can return before the case arrives or a problem with the laptop which I cannot return The laptop s graphics are Radeon R Graphics in case it is the problem with the video card Thanks in advance -Ace nbsp

A:ASUS monitor/ Acer Laptop problem (lines come and go)

Try connecting the laptop to the TV again, using the same cable you use for the monitor, and see if the lines show up on the TV or not. If they do the laptop is the problem, if the don't then the new monitor is faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-monitor-acer-laptop-problem-lines-come-and-go.1142267/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can anyone help me with this problem First off I purchased a Asus K laptop at a flea market over the weekend I know I know I can hear the snickering When I power it on all I get is a K501 Laptop on Problem Asus Preload Wizard message quot Boot MGR is missing Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete quot which doesn't work of course I found a good thread on this forum offering some suggestions to that the problem is you are supposed to boot into the System Recovery Option screen to proceed I pressed F on start-up and I saw quot Windows Boot Manager quot with quot Select an operating system to Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop start quot listed below that The only option there was Windows Set-Up EMS Enabled When I selected that I was taken to the Asus Preload Wizard with options - Recover Windows to first partition only - Recover Windows to entire HD - Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions No matter which option I chose I got a giant red lettered Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop ERROR message with this displayed on top wimsetreferencefile failed Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this Or what one earth this means I'm not very computer savvy at all so please talk in Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop layman's terms Does this mean that I might need a new HDD Or would I have to purchase a brand-new Windows OS I'm not even sure if this laptop came with Windows or Vista preloaded The product key on the back is worn but it looks like it says Windows whereas when I looked up the K model online it looks like it was sold with Vista installed Any help would be appreciated

A:Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop

It sounds like the recovery partition is corrupted. It could be a failing hard drive to. You may be able to order a set of recovery disks from ASUS. They will likely charge you for them though. Can you read the entire product code from the COA sticker? You'll need to know the version of Windows installed too. If you can get that info off of the COA sticker you can use it to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301764-asus-preload-wizard-problem-k501-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

To start I had done some damage to my laptop screen and now I have to plug it into my desktop monitor However with Asus Potential drive laptop problem hard (indexing?) I screwed up big time when while I couldn t see anything on either screen I shut down the computer during a windows update Ergo my hard drive became corrupted But I thought I had everything under control I managed to snag my files back with bootable Linux hit the drive with DBAN reformatted it with GParted and reinstalled Windows The system was running smoothly and I just had to get my drivers back However once I began downloading drivers and installing them the computer s pace just went to hell It was somewhat minor at first but within only a couple days it got worse and worse functions took longer and longer and now I m very lucky if I can even log on It seems like the computer has no idea where to find the right files I feel like I got way too ahead of myself and missed a step during the hard drive renewal process I did not install a driver for the hard drive but everywhere I looked I saw that the motherboard controlled the hard drive but I can t find anything on the Asus website that even remotely resembles Potential (indexing?) problem with Asus laptop hard drive the right driver I thought I had it all worked out but clearly I don t Does anyone know what I could ve done wrong I d post more information about my computer but I m not sure what might be needed here nbsp

A:Potential (indexing?) problem with Asus laptop hard drive

What is the laptops make and model? Where are you getting the video driver from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/potential-indexing-problem-with-asus-laptop-hard-drive.185026/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Experts

Yesterday I bought a brand new Asus K53SM laptop, I tried to install windows 7 in it, but unfortunately at the time of partion window, it do not detect Harddisk and says "Mass Storage Controller has no driver, windows update can't find a driver"

I believe that it is not able to find the hard disk.

Also in BIOS, I am unable to see the hard disk, I tried to update the BIOS but it is already up to date. I can see the HDD light blinks when I keep AHCI changed to IDE in BIOS, but not with AHCI.

Please help me

PS: Tried installation with a DVD and USB stick, Present BIOS 211.

regards
Pankaj

A:Windows 7 Installation(fresh) problem with Asus K53SM Laptop

Hi Pankaj,

What OS are you currently running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249884-windows-7-installation-fresh-problem-asus-k53sm-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I created a usb boot drive with Rufus and , plugged it into a windows 10 pc that I want to upgrade! to windows 7 and all looked good because the bootdisk was accepted and said it was loading files to install windows but then just froze with the windows 7 logo.

I cant imagine , what the problem is afterall I booted from windows 10 , restart in uefi usb mode . All started well and then froze like that.

Everytime i try again it freezes on the windows 7 logo after install has started.

Is it possible to reinstall windows 7?

Possibly I did not make the right rufus , settings. Who knows what settings in Rufus to make? Or is this another problem again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400883-asus-x552wa-laptop-freezes-when-installing-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an old asus u jc-a laptop It has lot of problems like constant beeping and when connected to a monitor it would many times monitor go to sleep I tested this with several monitors and this like New Laptop Sager Asus Old Laptop Just Beeps happens with each monitor so i know its my laptop Anyways i New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop went and bought a new sager laptop mainly b c i wanted a fast quad core laptop I got the laptop New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop and it is pretty New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop nice I didn't transfer anything from my old laptop to the new laptop The only thing that i did however was i have a usb drive that i plugged into the new sager laptop b c i have some documents there that i need to put it on my sager laptop I never did this as i all i did was just plug the usb flash drive into the new laptop thus i dont have any files saved into my new laptop Thus no documents just a flash drive Recently i noticed that while using this new sager laptop im having the same beeps just like my old asus laptop This doesn't make sense at all b c this laptop is brand new and i can't imagine it having problems like this early on Also the beeps sound just the same like the asus laptops so i wonder if theres any coincidence to this I had asked people in forums if i were to transfer documents from my asus laptop to this new sager laptop whether its documents or files would there be any chance the new laptop would get corrupt files and then it might have similar problems like my asus laptop such as the beeping and connecting to a monitor and it randomly turning off I was told no thats not even possible But i didn't transfer any documents i just used a flash drive that i had on old laptop on this one Another thing that has me very worried is in my old laptop i know i had lot of bloatware and malware because when i visit sites such as say ebay a bit later when searching other sites i would see ads on ebay thus its like those tracking cookie i believe its called that does this for advertisements Well recently i was on my new sager laptop and i noticed an adveristment for something i viewed such as on ebay however i never viewed this item on my sager laptop I viewed it on my asus laptop This does not make any sense whatsoever Can someone tell me whats going on here Why is my new sager laptop beeping so much just like my asus laptop Another thing that has me very confused is why i did i see a few advertisements on my sager laptop like i do with my asus laptop

A:New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop

Im thinking the advertisments on my sager laptop im seeing could be because im logged into my ebay acct ... however im not logged into the ebay account on my asus laptop. Thus when im checking ebay items on asus laptop im not logged in. But why does that item show up when im on my sager laptop sometimes such as that same item on ebay?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351088-new-sager-laptop-beeps-just-like-old-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Asus g73jh laptop with 2 hdd's about 2.5 yrs old,
would like to replace 1 hdd with an SSD for obvious reasons.

I am looking at getting a Samsung 128GB 840 Pro

Any advice appreciated.

A:SSD for Asus Laptop

That's a good drive, so as long as you are okay with the size of 128 GB, then you'll enjoy the upgrade. I'm not sure what advice you are looking for, but the drive you picked is a good one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274283-ssd-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

what kind of 4gb ram is best for asus A555L because most other brand would'nt support. please help..

A:Ram for Asus Laptop

The best RAM will be identical to the one that's already in there, just with a higher rating. If it has a 2GB stick in there now, buy another one from the same manufacturer with the same specification to put in the other slot.

If both slots are already in use - say, two 1GB sticks, buy two 2GB but again, the same as above.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3130284/ram-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, so i have an ASUS X455L laptop that comes with the following specs:

Processor: Intel Core I7 5500U
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Graphics card #1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Graphics card #2: NVIDIA GeForce 920M

On my laptop, it says that the processor can go up to 3.0 GHz. Currently its set to 2.4 GHz. Do i have to over clock it manually or would there be something such as a software that can enable that? Sounds like a stupid question i know but i have limited knowledge when it comes to hardware.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129688-asus-laptop-up-3-0-ghz-cpu.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay, I got a bitty problem: My Asus laptop got infected with a boot virus and is stuck in "Restart Restore." The place where I bought it (Microcenter) will fix it and save all my stuff for $60 if I sign up for their $30 anti-virus software (suspicous).

...I am dirt poor. A friend suggested I reformat it. I would have to do it in command prompt. All my important stuff is backed up save for three files, and they can be re-created (I am a freelance writer). I really don't want to have to type all that crap again, but I don't think it's worth $90.

Also, the computer did not come with any disks, and I did not make any boot disks. I have a Windows Vista disk from my last computer, but is there anyway I can still get Windows 7 on there when I reformat?

..Or should I plunk down $90? Thanks!

A:Asus laptop, pay or do-myself?

I would do it myself. The learning experience itself is worth more than that. You will know enough to be able to repair and/or reinstall your OS at any time in the future and become very popular with your friends (mine fly me all over the world ).

See if you can boot into Safe Mode with Networking by tapping F8 at bootup to access Advanced Boot Options. Install, update and run Malwarebytes full scan. If you can't boot into Safe Mode, download and burn to CD a free bootable AV scan to boot to scan your HD:
FREE Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CDs Download List
How to Boot your Computer from a Bootable CD or DVD - Boot to CD

Next you need to borrow, find or download the Win7 Installer ISO for your version, which can also be used for Repairs. We are not allowed to link to the ISO downloads here as it is thought to encourage piracy, but you can search for Official Win7 Downloads at My Digital Life yourself. Download and burn to DVD or write to flash stick using this tool: Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool

As an alternative you can make a Win7 REpair CD from another WIn7 computer: System Repair Disc - Create

Now boot the DVD Repair console or Repair CD, See if it finds an installation to repair, accept any offered Repair. If WIn7 doesn't start, boot back in to run Startup Repair repeatedly from the Repair console's System Recovery Options. Report back here what it finds.

You can copy out your files using the Install DVD: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console or Paragon Rescue CD freeware.

If repairs fail you can run Full Factory Recovery from its partition at boot using F9 key, run Recovery Disks if you made them, or boot the WIn7 Installation DVD to clean reinstall with the Product Key on COA sticker following these tips to get a perfect reinstall: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/172282-asus-laptop-pay-do-myself.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an ASUS laptop that won't hold a charge. I plug in to the outlet and turn computer on and it shuts off after about 30 - 60 seconds. I took it to a big box store and they told me it was my hard drive. Could it just be the battery inside the computer??

Please bear with me I have no technical knowledge whatsoever.

A:ASUS laptop

Wow funny...

I dont see what the hard drive could have to do with your power supply.

However I'm not that and can't see your machine so...

What you can do is remove the laptops battery from the laptop and then plug in the charger cord and see if it turns on. If it does turn on and STAYS on its working fine and likely either the battery is bad or its not quite making contact to charge

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop.1169234/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm new to the forum due to having an unusual question.

Here's the background.

I had my camera cable plugged into the forward rightside usb port, and the camera wasn't plugged in. My daughter thought she was being helpful by trying to plug the camera end into the next usb port while I wasn't looking. Of course it's not a usb on the camera end, it's a much smaller plug so it didn't fit.

There was the sound of an electrical 'crack' and all went dark and permanently quiet. The laptop now does nothing at all.

I am welcoming of any suggestions (other than using it as a boat anchor as it's not heavy enough) that might help resolve this, or is there no hope.

Thanks
David

Oh, the laptop was on at the time.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I am shopping for new laptop By the way I hope I am more or less in the right place for this question My budget is about and it is for word processing and streaming video watching I don t play any games on the computer being fairly old Anyway I found a website where one person sang a praise of Asus and many others seconding the opinion I found quot Asus in Bestbuy for about This one has intel core duo running at something hertz and GB RAM Dell has quot Inspiron that comes with laptop Asus intel i processor and GB RAM but other specs are about the same with few hundred dollars less My problem with Dell is that I heard Dell uses the cheapest parts that they can get away with and personal experience has told me that this is probably true Also a bad experience with HP pavilion has biased me against cheaper home-use computers but I really can t spend anymore for business class laptops Forget about Asus laptop Mac Also my quess being a computer newbie is that Dell s use of latest i-series processor is kind of overkill for average user like me and Dell s tactic is to draw in the illiterate with bigger numbers Please correct me if wrong Which pairing gives me optimum speed for my kind of use Intel core duo with GB RAM or Intel i with GB RAM Asus costs more but does it mean it has better or reliable motherboard and better cooling fan Issue with HP pavilion that finally died from electric problems Anyway I hope my post has enough of a point for you to mull over Thanks all in advance nbsp

A:Asus laptop

Go with Asus

http://lifehacker.com/5524704/laptop+reliability-study-highlights-the-most-sturdy-laptop-makers

Go to the Asus website, see what they offer with the i5 processor, it is much better than the old core 2. If battery life means allot to you go with i3 processor.

BB may not have the latest Asus models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop.924011/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I have an Asus laptop and I dropped it off my coffee table and ever since it has gone onto this Asus Preload Wizard, asking me for my language. And then asks me to pick an option out of: Recover Windows to first partition only, Recover Windows to entire HD or Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions. But doesn't matter what option I choose it ends up showing me a white screen with ERROR in massive red capital letters.

Anyone have any idea what I can do? I don't have a clue!

Responses would be appreciated

Relevancy 41.28%

I'm considering buying this ASUS K501LX-EB7 which only contains a 256gb SSD. However, if I could add a 2.5" HDD then I would be much more happier and wouldn't have to settle for the i5-5200U model which has more storage. I was able to get a picture of the inside from someone who owns the laptop which is here. So I guess my question is, would I be able to add a 2.5" HDD, and would it be as simple as opening the back and sliding it in? I've replaced the HDD in a laptop before, but I didn't have to remove the entire back as they made the HDD easily accessible. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies!

A:Would I be able to add an HDD into this ASUS laptop?

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Can't see anywhere to fit a 2nd hard drive in your pic.

You could use an external hard drive for extra storage.

Or buy a higher capacity mechanical hard drive fit that instead of the SSD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-i-be-able-to-add-an-hdd-into-this-asus-laptop.1151020/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone,

I was wanting to buy a laptop with these stats:
15.6-16" screen
4GB of RAM
500 GB hard drive (7200RPM) preferred
1 GB graphics card preferred
i3 or i5 processor

Bonus stats:
Backlit keyboard
USB 3.0
Extra battery life

I have these laptops in mind:
ASUS N61JV
ASUS K52JR
ASUS UL50
maybe even a Dell Studio 15

Any ideas/suggestions please?

Thanks in advance,
SK

A:Which ASUS laptop (or other)?

Stick with Asus, they have the best track record of reliability, Toshiba is second.

http://lifehacker.com/5524704/laptop+reliability-study-highlights-the-most-sturdy-laptop-makers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-asus-laptop-or-other.922180/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I don t know if anyone can help I have a Asus x R laptop running windows Vista and all was working fine booting Asus not Laptop with it until yesterday I went to boot it up and after the Asus screen and after the windows scrolling bar Asus Laptop not booting at the bottom goes all I get is a blue backdrop like the screen you come across when you input your password and the mouse cursor Nothing else happens I have tried pressing f on boot and the only option is gives me is the Windows ems option It wont let me do a memory test as a file is missing or corrupt and it will not give the an option for a recovery partition I have tried the f option and tried to boot up from every single one When trying to boot from safe mode I just get a black screen with safe mode in the corners and thats it I have tried the Asus recovery DVD switched the Bios to boot from the DVD drive and it tries load but you can tell by the noise the DVD drive is making its not liking it and it defaults back to booting from the hard drive I have tried taking the battery out for a few hours and trying the DVD again it sounds like this time it wants to boot from the DVD but again all I get is the blue screen with the cursor I have a load of things on the computer that I am extremely loath to lose so any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I have an ASUS F LD laptop purchased with Windows pre-installed and now updated to Windows At the time of purchase ASUS were still producing similar models with Windows installed My choice was made on the basis that it was a special offer and represented excellent value as a jack of all trades Laptop I d like if possible to install Windows I have laptop - will it ASUS Windows 7 run a full retail version DVD of Ultimate from ASUS laptop - will it run Windows 7 a wrecked desktop and this laptop has a DVD writer installed ASUS Support have advised that Windows is not supported on this particular model but is this true or laziness on the part of ASUS The specs are Asus F LD DM H or X LDB in some countries Intel Core i Broadwell Ram GB M Board ASUSTek Computer Inc X LDB Socket Chipset Revison TB Seagate HD showing under Disk Management - MBs unallocated MBs Healthy EFI System Partition and C Gb NFTS Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition Graphics Intel HD Graphics ASUStek Computer Inc NVIDIA GeForce M ASUStek Computer Inc Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Qualcom Atheros AR Wireless ASUS laptop - will it run Windows 7 Adaptor BIOS is American Megatrends Version X LDB It has a DVD Writer Name HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC N I can t believe that ASUS would be producing machines with motherboards so radically different that some models were factory installed with Windows some still with Windows I ve made a restore USB just in case but would appreciate the forums thoughts and advice before possibly wasting time on what would ultimately be a fruitless exercise My questions are Can I safely do a full reformat of the hard drive and install Win on this machine What is a foolproof method for finding and installing the drivers and which of these can be left to Windows Update to install

A:ASUS laptop - will it run Windows 7

If I were you and wanted to install 7 but be cautious, I`d pull the drive, install a ssd and dive into it. The most important driver and the only one I`d worry about now is the network driver.

There is no fool proof method for getting drivers, but I`d go right to the manufacturer`s website and punch in your model and start looking.

Once you have the network drivers installed just run windows update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396812-asus-laptop-will-run-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an ASUS Eee 1005 HA laptop which crashes back to the login screen after briefly opening. Bad bug killed the machine before my anti-virus could remove.

In setup (F9), I can't find the recovery partition, although not sure why, since per ASUS website the 2009 machines should have this capability. I do not have the XP CD, or inboard or external cd/dvd drive so I can't reinstall windows that way. I tried to boot machine and run scan using AVG rescue on flash drive, but I got "NTLDR is missing error." Boot order was set up correctly in bios.

Is this PC toast? Can anyone offer suggestions? Is there a way to re-install windows using portable floppy drive? Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Laptop Crashing

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Can you please describe in detail what happens after logging in? Do you see User settings being loaded and then the user gets logged off, while all the way the desktop wallpaper is visible?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413624/asus-laptop-crashing/
Relevancy 40.85%

forgot password to my laptop was wondering if there was any way i could reset it without having to log in to my account profile ive tried f9 and it does not do anything it just keeps reverting to the log in screen can i use a usb hard drive to fix the problem or would i have to take it to Walmart and have technical support help me or could i reset it right from my house using the internet i just really need the help because that's what i use to do most all my homework

A:how to restore asus laptop

Did you set up an Administrator account when you first started using the computer?(Notice the sentence structure.) :)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-restore-asus-laptop/1628.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Dear BSOD analysts,

Could one of you please help me in finding a solution for a divide by zero bsod that exists for more than a year and survived 2 OSs (Vista and Windows 7)?

I followed the roadmap of jcgriff2. The results should be in the Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.zip

Thanks in advance! Gerrit.

A:BSOD of an Asus F5 laptop

According to the website's advice, I executed the Driver Verifier. This resulted in a bsod during startup (new behaviour). A problem appears to be present in synTP.sys .

The minidump.zip is attached.

HTH, Gerrit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-of-an-asus-f5-laptop-561905.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
I hope you can help me with this BSOD, I can't quite pin it down to the opening of any programs on my laptop it always comes quite unexpectedly.

Kind Regards
Ole

A:BSOD on ASUS laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by olelundan

Hi
I hope you can help me with this BSOD, I can't quite pin it down to the opening of any programs on my laptop it always comes quite unexpectedly.

Kind Regards
Ole

Ole, HI and Welcome to Seven Forums

The crashes are related to your Hard Disk (either controller, or HD itself) and some really old drivers. Please run the following:

1-A system file check
Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

2-A hard drive chkdsk

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.
B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"
C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

3-Update the following Old drivers

Code:
ASMMAP64.sys 2/4/2007 3:52:56 PM fffff880`0247e000 fffff880`02485000 0x00007000 0x45c63998
adfs.SYS 6/26/2008 4:52:37 PM fffff880`039e1000 fffff880`039f9000 0x00018000 0x48640195
sncduvc.SYS 12/29/2008 5:14:26 AM fffff880`023e0000 fffff880`023e8a80 0x00008a80 0x495894f2
AsDsm.sys 2/13/2009 2:14:26 AM fffff880`011d6000 fffff880`011e3000 0x0000d000 0x49950fc2
btwl2cap.sys 4/3/2009 8:28:45 PM fffff880`0251c000 fffff880`02528000 0x0000c000 0x49d6a9bd
spldr.sys 5/11/2009 12:56:27 PM fffff880`0168b000 fffff880`01693000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb
ATK64AMD.sys 5/12/2009 9:04:54 PM fffff880`0573b000 fffff880`05743000 0x00008000 0x4a0a1cb6
amdxata.sys 5/19/2009 1:56:59 PM fffff880`011b7000 fffff880`011c2000 0x0000b000 0x4a12f2eb
btwavdt.sys 6/25/2009 1:50:13 AM fffff880`0200f000 fffff880`0208a000 0x0007b000 0x4a431015
btwrchid.sys 6/25/2009 1:51:37 AM fffff880`02528000 fffff880`0252b880 0x00003880 0x4a431069
btwaudio.sys 7/1/2009 9:54:56 AM fffff880`02496000 fffff880`0251c000 0x00086000 0x4a4b6ab0
ETD.sys 7/8/2009 11:11:40 PM fffff880`056f6000 fffff880`0571e000 0x00028000 0x4a555fec
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174951-bsod-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I just bought an ASUS U E laptop on Friday night and I've had a few problems with it Some of them I've been able to figure out and they've usually been Windows problems But there are some I can't quite make disappear Networking I opened my laptop on Sunday laptop problems. ASUS Several after being away for a few hours and I had no networking capability I had a red X in the bottom tight corner of my screen where the network bars usually are I tried troubleshooting the problem but Windows found nothing wrong I tried setting up a Several ASUS laptop problems. new connection but Windows did not detect any networking hardware I went into the Device Manager and there were little yellow quot Yield quot symbols next to all of my drivers I downloaded new ones but with no luck I ended up just doing a system restore which fixed the problem Mouse pad I opened my laptop today and discovered my touch pad does not work I have and prefer USB mice so it's no biggie But I would like to still have use of the pad I tried to update the drivers but they were up to date So I uninstalled the hardware and restarted This fixed the problem but I was Several ASUS laptop problems. prompted to restart When I got back to the desktop my mouse pad was not working again I have yet to figure out what to do I also just have two general questions My mute volume and volume - keys occupy the F F and F keys Is there a way to change the main function of the keys to volume control rather than having to press Fn every time I know there is a way to enable num lock on boot in the BIOS but I can't figure out how to do it with the ASUS Does anyone know how Thank you for any help and sorry for the length

A:Several ASUS laptop problems.

You should find this link useful (and should save the URL) with the sub link for the manual at the bottom and every thing else you may need ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download U56E

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/several-asus-laptop-problems-648802.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hi,

i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010.

the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7 32/64" and "others". the listing for windows 7 x64 is described as v2.30.3 which would seem to be a newer version, however it is dated as 07/14/2010 which is older than my current version. the "others" listing is described as v3.12 and dated 11/24/2010, which is definitely more recent than my current version.

i'd appreciate some advice on which to choose. i've been having some bs(od) issues for some time and i'd like to see if a bios change would help. here's a link to the asus driver webpage:

K52N | Notebooks | ASUS Global

thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67113-need-help-bios-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi guys & gals,

Before updating my good-old-lappy (2005) to Windows 8 x86 I did a health check on it:

WOW, my temps are really rocking sky-high! What could be the problem here????
Any directions much appreciated!

Cheers

A:Is my ASUS laptop due having a CPU/GPU melt-down?

No way Jose...those are false reading, but the cpu one seems accurate (55 celcius), perhaps its time to blast the dust off with an air compressor.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/38768-my-asus-laptop-due-having-cpu-gpu-melt-down.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone First post - wish it could be under different circumstances I have had this Windows Home Premium -bit Asus K J laptop for just over a year and unfortunately of late I have been a victim of BSOD The frequency of these have increased over the last few weeks and I have had enough These BSOD's tend to happen when I am web Laptop - Asus BSOD help! on browsing watching a youtube video or browsing folders I have noticed that sometimes it happens when I right-click files folders etc This is my work laptop and I have a lot of important documents which I of course backup which I don't wish to lose or have corrupted BSOD on Asus Laptop - help! due to these BSOD's Any help in this matter is MUCH appreciated I have attached the necessary files outlined here - http www sevenforums BSOD on Asus Laptop - help! com crashes-d tructions html Some System Specs x OEM Windows original OS I have not reinstalled formatted since I purchased this machine If I have neglected to include any information please let me know and I will do my best to provide it Just wondering what the cause of this could be and what steps I can take to stop this from happening entirely or prevent these from occurring as frequently as they are happened times today Any help is appreciated Thanks in advance

A:BSOD on Asus Laptop - help!

Hi homerjoe and welcome to SF

2 crashes are blamed on
Code:
atikmdag.sys Tue Sep 28 21:41:26 2010 (4CA29946)
(your video driver)
try to update it here AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
3 crashes are blamed on
Code:
athrx.sys Mon Oct 05 12:33:57 2009 (4ACA1FF5)
(your network driver)
You might find a better fitting driver here Atheros Communications

another important step to make your system stable:
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Since 2 crashes might be the result of overheating, are your temperatures OK? check them with Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring or with Core Temp

And just to cover the bases, do a full scan with this
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\David\Desktop\BSODs\homerjoe\051911-16879-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c54000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e91e50
Debug session time: Thu May 19 13:22:36.049 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:41:55.594
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+3741d5 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP:
+58bc952f0163de78
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 5

EXCEPTION_RECO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164185-bsod-asus-laptop-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey,

This question may be totally newbie sounding but I just purchased an Asus laptop. The problem I'm having is that instead of typing out a closing speech mark, like " when typing shift & ' I instead get a @. Like wise, if I type shift & 2 I get "

Have I done something to switch the keys accidentally or is this a fault in the laptop?

I think this is the model information:-

MB ver: M51V
ID: 1A
87N0AS1335285288
M51V-AS045C

Not sure if that helps. But could someone possibly help me with this? I'm getting rather annoyed at all the problems which seem to be occuring on it.

Thanks in advance.

-Lascelle

A:Help with asus laptop keyboard

You may have it switched to European characters - try changing regions in Control Panel and if necessary use (left) Alt+Shift.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-asus-laptop-keyboard.113862/
Relevancy 40.85%

No Sound ASUS GX laptop I have always been able to plug in external USB speakers to my laptop but this time after unplugging them I have no sound from internal. I took to Geek Squad and they said all drivers are current, I tried a system restore and nothing. I can plug in USB speakers and get sound but thats the only way
I would love any help possible

A:No Sound ASUS GX laptop

If I remember correctly, ASUS laptops had a defect with internal speakers. Have you tried calling ASUS to ask?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-asus-gx-laptop.977432/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I turn on my friend's Asus Windows 8 laptop, the backlit keyboard lights up momentarily, the screen stays blank. I can hear the hard drive spinning, but nothing happens onscreen.

I can get in the Setup menu by pressing F2 on boot. I've turned off Fast Boot, did not help.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks

A:Asus laptop does not boot

try hooking it to a regular computer monitor to see if you get any video

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48732-asus-laptop-does-not-boot.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
Pls help... recently my Laptop ASUS M3N spoilt. I not able to ON it after it shut down during batery empty. I try start it with adapter also fail. I able to saw the power LED is ON and the CPU fan is ON but just about few second (~5 second) and the screen haven't shown anything, then it shut down it self(without any "Bit" sound or Error indication). I take to repair, technician say it is mainboard problem.

I just wish to ask that, is my laptop still possible to repair? If i want to buy back a 2nd hand ASUS M3N, what is the price? Where is the best way for me to find 2nd hand Laptop?

Pls help... thanks....

A:My Laptop (ASUS M3N) not able to switch ON... HELP!!!

Possibly you will need to get a new mobo for it then. I must admit I dont know much about laptop repairs, but I think may ebay would be a good place to look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-asus-m3n-not-able-to-switch-on-help.43415/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an Asus x m laptop that does not startup I ve only had this laptop for a short time and all was well until two days ago I turned the laptop on and it was working find starting up but I noticed that I didn t have an Internet connection so I tried to see what was then finally I just tried to restart it It wouldn t let me click restart so I did laptop up start Asus won't a hard shutdown if that s what it s called when use the power button to cut off the computer Asus laptop won't start up and when I tried to turn it back on automatic repair came up then went to a blank screen I really need help trying to figure out how to fix this because I use this computer for class assignments and I don t want to buy a new computer I can take pictures of what it does to help you see what I m seeing if need be nbsp

A:Asus laptop won't start up

Unplug from power / charger
Remove battery
Press and hold power
Slowly count to 20
Reinsert battery

Try power on

Work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-wont-start-up.1163087/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have always been able to plug in external USB speakers to my laptop but this time after unplugging them I have no sound from internal. I took to Geek Squad and they said all drivers are current, I tried a system restore and nothing. I can plug in USB speakers and get sound but thats the only way
I would love any help possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-asus-gx-laptop.976146/
Relevancy 40.85%

I just installed windows 8 . I did have windows 7,but after I installed 8 I went to download some pics from my cameras SD card and it doesn't work.Do I need to install drivers for it. Keep in mind I am not computer savvy LOL...Please help I would greatly appreciate it

A:Asus laptop SD needs a driver?

Oh I forgot to say it has 64 bits

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12595-asus-laptop-sd-needs-driver.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I click on change PC settings, I click on remove everything and reinstall windows, it says preparing, then it says insert media. I cant get past it and I dont want to save anything. Plz help me

A:how to restore asus laptop

mmm What mode laptop do you have?Are you aware that restoring/resetting to factory state, - or simply "re-installing" windows - will delete "all" your personal files in the process. So have you copied anything you wouldn't wish to lose.. to external media; typically DVD but another external hard drive too is nice(r)?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-to-restore-asus-laptop/1760.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Froze when I was using a Word doc

Starting it back up and it just says
"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I'm an idiot when it comes to this. Can anyone help?

I noticed Bare Foot Kid is in the Lowcountry somewhere...I'm in Awendaw and work in N. Chas if there is any way I can meet you if I can't get this thing sorted out over the www...

Help a brother out!

A:Asus laptop crashed

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
HD Diagnostic

Did you make your Asus Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171839-asus-laptop-crashed.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I got into BIOS and found a menu I've never seen before.

Add boot option.
Path to boot option.
Create.

The add boot option doesn't accept letters or numbers. Any input is 'out of range'.

Asus model X551M, has a 500 gig hard drive.

So, how do I get this to work ?

Thanks !

A:cannot boot from dvd, Asus laptop with 8.1

That menu is for adding an OS boot option. That's not the menu you want. Press and hold down the esc key then press the power button. On my ASUS laptop that gets me the quick boot menu. It will boot to what you select that one time. On the next reboot it goes back to the BIOS default boot order.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/44455-cannot-boot-dvd-asus-laptop-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello thank you ahead of time for any help The BSOD DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D ndis sys a bc along with the ndis sys line of info Laptop BSOD ASUS - it says Address fffff base at fffff My newer Asus laptop now pops a BSOD constantly - The ASUS Laptop BSOD - computer will sometimes get all the way through start up and show the windows screen - sometimes I can use the laptop for minutes - ASUS Laptop BSOD - but in the end it always pops a BSOD After checking the system check sys at start up going to PCPitStop and running the Full tests and using an anitvirus program norton to look for viruses and other issues I found NONE I decided to come here for help Since the issue is on a different computer than this one and today it will not get past the blue screen I cannot look at the system information and link it here I bought the ASUS Laptop at a local Best Buy with warranty so I may have to take it back to them since the recovery CD does not install properly error message telling me that it didnt work and it will revert back - everytime tried times It is an ASUS LAPTOP u of running windows home prem it is month old from store I cannot get this computer to KEEP the date and time correct - Yesterday after the laptop sat for months I turned it on and it thought it was it is and this I change using quot change date and time quot option - but this will work until i turn it back on at which point it will tell me it is years earlier again Windows Update will NOT install any updates - i get an error telling me that I was able to be online and use the internet for about hours I woke up today and it popped a BSOD just like months ago So yesterday I turned it on - checked email wrote and printed a couple things and shut it down after hours It worked just fine After reading Posts here I feel like it is a Driver Issue Sadly unless someone here can tell me how to get Past the BSOD so I can actually use it and try to update the driver online it is dead to me There is No way for me to update drivers online since it will not boot all the way to windows I have Not installed anything new too this laptop like hardware I bought it at the store - they made a back up disc and sent me on my way - I got home turned it on and used it for a day or two and the BSOD began Knowing it wwas probably an out of date error I attempted to go online and look for new drivers but that can't happen when the computer wont start right Thanks again for any help and be kind - this is my first computer issue and I am sure there are things I need to add to this Chris - UPDATE I Can now get into the Safe MODE ----- System Restore no restore points available - even though it is set to auto create points to restore to Back Up disc that came with it wont install

A:ASUS Laptop BSOD -

You mention above that the computer you seek help with is still under Warranty.

IMO - A new computer should not be presenting with the multitude of problems you have listed - & we volunteers should not be putting at risk the rights,YOU, the consumer has under that warranty...
I strongly suggest that you should seek further advice asap.
Under Warranty terms a duty of care applies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159551-asus-laptop-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Anyone got one, any good, what is the screen like. Processor is well down the performance tables how does the Pentium n3700 perform in the real world?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45113-asus-x540-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Gamers like to have the maximum amount of power, memory and other features available, They become more expensive than anyone else?s. This Asus G50V looks good it offers a cool looking body and a massive amount of features and specifications. The G series is a brand that is committed to gamers and their machines.It has INVIDIA GeForce 9700M GS - 512 MB and now available in india with os- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Asus gaming laptop

I think it would depend on the game as some online games don't support integrated graphics.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/230363-asus-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an aging Asus F3J laptop with XP on it that won't start. I restored a C drive backup image onto it, but it gets to the Windows logo with the 3 dots scrolling across and remains there, apparently not finding what it needs to kick into services and personal settings. What should I try?

A:Asus laptop not booting into XP

Were there any errors during the backup restoration (I assume you mean the one from the recovery partition)? It would be very odd if the restore went without a hitch and then the machine still could not boot, unless there were some hard drive problem. RAM, I suppose, too, but that seems less likely.

Why did you need to do the restoration in the first place?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-not-booting-into-xp.1050435/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a -year old ASUS laptop with Windows and Intel Core i I have not had major problems with it until a month or two ago when my laptop started freezing randomly The cursor freezes the keyboard Laptop ASUS Freezing becomes unresponsive and everything just freezes It freezes whether I'm online or offline I have to do a hard reset to get it running again Usually it still freezes once a day or once every two days But lately it's getting worst My laptop freezes every minutes or so Sometimes when I restart my laptop and the Windows recovery screen appears where it ASUS Laptop Freezing can boot in Safe Mode it freezes at that point too And sometimes it won't even start back up ASUS Laptop Freezing It'll power up for a few seconds and then shut down on its own I have used avast Malwarebytes SuperAntiSpyware and tdsskiller to scan for problems every time it freezes but there are no infections I've also used CCleaner I also have Adblock and SpywareBlaster installed I can't figure out if I have virus malware or some other ASUS Laptop Freezing issue like overheating or video card problems I remember not too long ago my display driver crashed and gave me the message Display driver stopped responding and has recovered or insufficient RAM In desperate need of help Thank you

A:ASUS Laptop Freezing

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498537/asus-laptop-freezing/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all.
I just tried to install win7 on an asus laptop.
It all goes smoothly until it reboots after i have conntected to my wireless.
It all seems to work great. It loads like a normal boot, then i get a screen with the error: Can not open file: c:\RECOVERY.DAT

ERROR

The error word is written on big red letters.

Have anyone got anything to suggest here?
I can press any button and nothing happens.

I cant even start in safemode.
I get the same error.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me.

Laffe

A:Win 7 Wont run on Asus Laptop

You have a recovery partition from the manufacturer causing errors.

I never had a pc with one of those or your error. I have thoughts on how to proceed but best left to someone that knows for sure. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34452-win-7-wont-run-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi -

I've got two Asus z33 laptops and have noticed that both run very hot. Don't run many programs - typically just Microsoft Office software and the internet. How can I be sure that nothing is wrong? And if something is wrong, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!
Rachel

A:Asus z33 laptop runs hot

Could be dust build up.
This is a quote " The CPU is placed at the bottom of the system unit towards the rear with intake fan to help cool the processor (with exhaust air ejected out in the rear). However, the laptop's feet are too short to help provide good airflow. I would have to use an object to hoist the rear up a little bit to allow air to flow in under the unit. "

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-z33-laptop-runs-hot.492817/
Relevancy 40.85%

When I bought my ASUS laptop it came with Windows Vista. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and certain function keys (such as the ones used for volume control) stopped working. The strange thing is that some function keys still work like the ones that control the screen brightness. Please Help.

A:How do I fix the function key on my ASUS laptop

It's probably a driver issue. Go to the ASUS website and see if they have drivers for Windows 7. If they do, download and install them and you should be good to go. If not, you may not be able to get those special keys working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319979-how-do-i-fix-function-key-my-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an asus laptop....I backed everything up to date 3 discs. But now when I goto install them I keeps giving me a boot order error...please help, I'm desperate, it will start up in windows 7 home premium but then shoots the error....one says hard drive, then the second says boot order error...that seems to be the main error...
Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383522-wiped-out-my-asus-laptop-please-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a brand new laptop which has OEM Windows 8.0.
This laptop refuses to generate a system image for recovery. The only thing ever achieved has been a system repair disk. It will never acheive writing to an external drive (multiples and always with major space - 1TB WD USB3 brand new and formatted) included. It fails at the 50% mark or before always.

I have done extensive hardware testing and worked with ASUS technical division on tests. I used their downloaded and recommended backup software, which also failed. The laptop was sent back to ASUS under warranty and was eventually sent back with no changes. I was told that the laptop had passed all hardware tests, and that I now had to approach Microsoft regarding their software? RMA# AUAS351243

I am very unhappy with this, and it is not my problem. It should be an ASUS issue under warranty. Please advise me of my legal rights.

A:ASUS K55A laptop

Your using a external drive and not the built in drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/asus-k55a-laptop-702366.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm new to Windows 8 and so far it's been a headache compared to previous versions. It came with my new laptop which does not have a DVD drive. I have 8gb of RAM and it's slow. It's loaded with bloatware I want gone.

I created the bootable USB drive but can't figure out how to get the laptop to boot via USB. Its not even an option in the BIOS menu... unless I am missing something. The only option in "Boot" is to disable or enable Windows Boot Manager. I did a quick re installation but obviously it just put the bloatware right back on.

A:How to boot Asus laptop by USB?

How to create UEFI Boot Mode compatible Windows 8.1 64-bit USB flash drive. -> link

How to download and clean install Windows 8.1 if you have an OEM computer with UEFI firmware (BIOS) embedded Windows 8/8.1 product key. -> link

2. Clean install Windows 8.1 from USB/DVD.

- You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your computer's UEFI firmware (BIOS).
- You do not need to disable Secure Boot in your computer's UEFI firmware (BIOS).

- Connect your Windows 8.1 USB flash drive or insert your Windows 8.1 DVD.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (see this link for help).
- Select your USB/DVD from the boot menu.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/61741-how-boot-asus-laptop-usb.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm getting a blue screen on Asus Laptop, it's a fairly basic laptop and I only use it while travelling. Below is the dump files, I hope I've uploaded the right files.

A:BSOD On Asus Laptop

Hey there!

Code:
MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Quote:
I only use it while travelling.

This could mean that it got damaged while traveling. Try to replace the CPU cooler and see if that works, if it dosen't then it is the CPU which is failing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373677-bsod-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have windows and two days ago it suddenly froze so I waited a while and nothing happened so I turned it off by holding power button Ever since then when I turn it on a windows message pops up saying quot Windows System Recovery quot and giving me an option to either Launch Windows Repair or Start Windows Normally No matter what I choose it does help? crash, anyone can laptop Asus the same thing where it shows a weird screen with a loading Asus laptop crash, can anyone help? bar that says quot Loading Windows Files quot then goes to a blank screen where I can see my mouse cursor for a little while then pulls up a screen with a command prompt but then closes immediately and goes to a huge screen that says Asus laptop crash, can anyone help? quot ERROR quot in huge red letters No code or anything The people at the Tech Center at my school said it was a virus but the people at Asus said it might be hardware What do you guys think Also I tried going into the BIOS and selecting to Safety Mode with Command Prompt but does the same thing as everything else Does anybody have thoughts about what's wrong who's right and what I should do I'm contemplating booting windows from a disc but if its a hardware problem that would seem pointless Any responses would be MUCH appreciated because I need it fixed for school as soon as possible Specs Asus g vw Windows sp I believe sp GB RAM GHz quad core processor

A:Asus laptop crash, can anyone help?

Hello lanenismo & welcome to TSF

Do you have the installation/recovery disc with you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-laptop-crash-can-anyone-help-694532.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have an asus laptop when new it had on windows 8 home the problem is I had a problem with the laptop and buy accident I have wiped the windows 8. it came with,my question is if I was to download 8.iso and install would the machine recognise it if that is how it works or could I ring up ASUS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-asus-laptop.217591/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all,

I have been thinking of getting the following laptop:

http://www.simplyacer.com/Acer_Aspir...G_1266041.html

However, I have also seen these:

http://www.simplyasus.com/ASUS_K55VD...H_1337330.html

http://www.simplyasus.com/ASUS_K55VD...H_1336279.html

I am looking for opinions on which one to get.

Thanks.

A:Which laptop - Acer or Asus?

first question - what are you going to use the PCs for
gaming
video editing
the only difference in the asus is the CPU & harddrive and the RAM as far as i can see in the spec
the cpu is only slightly better on the K55VD-SX696H rank 273 in cpu passmark - but the cheaper one is rank 292
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/
I would probably go for the more memory version K55VD-SX494H - if i was using any high memory programs like video editing etc
But i dont like Asus - the support site for drivers has not been good
although appears better now
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K55VD&p=3&s=386&os=36&hashedid=kE5VnnR4vrXQdDVT

the Acer V3-571G I'm not sure if the graphics is better in the asus then the acer , cant find a benchmark for the asus
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

I would probably look towards the K55VD-SX494H - but would want to find out more about the graphics - if you intended doing any gaming
also the Acer has bluetooth and a 5-1 card reader rather than a 2-1 card reader- not sure if that is important enough to make the decision and if you need bluetooth

Acer and Asus appear to be Taiwanese multinational and not owned by anyone else
for example Acer also make gateway

where are you intending to purchase - staples often have some good deals

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-laptop-acer-or-asus.1091653/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an ASUS Eee HA laptop which crashes back to the login screen after briefly crashing ASUS log-in after Laptop opening Norton identified a virus trojan pidief g but then the system ASUS Laptop crashing after log-in crashed before the scan could be completed After several attempts to restart w last known good and safe mode the problem became worse and now I am locked out In setup F I can t find the recovery partition although not sure why since per ASUS website the machines should have this capability I do not have the XP CD or inboard external dvd drive so I can t reinstall windows that way I tried to boot machine and run scan using AVG rescue on flash drive but I got quot NTLDR is missing error quot Boot order was set up correctly in bios I am completely frustrated by this and have not found anything online that helps Can someone help me restore this machine Is it trashed Can I use my portable floppy drive someway to restore Thanks in advance for any assistance and an honest assessment would be greatly appreciated BTW I completely understand the steps that need to be taken before posting but I can t get into the system so I could not do any of them nbsp

A:ASUS Laptop crashing after log-in

Bumped this post after 4 days-- want to see if anyone can help. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-crashing-after-log-in.1010726/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am considering this laptop.

Amazon.com: ASUS G750JW-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

What I would like to do is install Win 7 on an SSD drive, set it to boot to that drive first, and then pretend Win 8 doesn't exist.

Potential problems? Recommendations? Better to Wipe HDD before install? Ideally Win 7 would store all data on HDD and just have OS on SSD.

What would YOU do? And why?

A:Asus Win8 laptop Win 7

I would purchase Start8 and install that.....W8 will then look and feel like W7. You wont notice the difference....and W8 boots up and shuts down quicker than W7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/316068-asus-win8-laptop-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My laptop has windows 7 starter and I need help installing programs.I already installed an antivirus program (avira free).I installed malwarebytes,superantispyware,and it came with windows defender.is windows defender good or should i uninstall it? also I want to know,is windows firewall good enough? if not, i might install zonealarm. also is there any website for programs from security to games that's available for a windows 7 starter laptop? thanks

A:I just bought an ASUS eee PC laptop.Need help!

I would suggest MSE for complete coverage -

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Supplement with on-line scanners if need be. I would not advise installation of Zone Alarm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-just-bought-an-asus-eee-pc-laptop-need-help-481058.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I hope you all don t mind but I wanted to ask for some advice on how much I should be asking for this laptop is Laptop ASUS M3000N US dollars I recently purchased a PowerBook and I need to sell it Here are it s specs ASUS M3000N Laptop ASUS M N Centrino branded as a Medion-USA laptop but it s really just an ASUS M N Intel Integrated Extreme Graphics MB SHARED with system RAM ASUS M3000N Laptop quot x Max res Original good power brick Good battery that still lasts a good long time hours Ghz Pentium M MB cache I think - gt NOT dothan GB RPM HD Intel Wireless Adapter B shared to graphics chip DDR RAM built-in MB in useraccessible slot Windows XP Home SP with all Windows Updates Nero Burning ROM latest version Power DVD XP latest XP version CD-RW DVD-ROM combo drive HAD a one year warranty but now it s months out ASUS M3000N Laptop of warrenty But still works great Also practically all of the components are user accessible so replacing a hd ram cpu is an easy task So what should I be asking for this I really really really appreciate your help ahead of time Thank you -DH nbsp

A:ASUS M3000N Laptop

I wouldn't know, but a great market indication would be to check Ebay for similar poratables and see what people are paying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m3000n-laptop.23967/