Windows Support Forum

Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Q: Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

So this is my first time making a forum post since 169.xx ip address working, Ethernet not I am not desperate because nothing I ve tried has worked So two weeks ago I had an electrical surge in my house on my desktop the ethernet port on the motherboard died so I sent Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address back my motherboard to have that fixed Now that I have it back I tried getting my ethernet to work though now the Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address connection properly works as in Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address the local area connection is now at least recognized I still have no internet access I just tried reinstalling Windows bit fresh install after I wiped everything My ethernet adapter is called Realtek PCIe GBI Family controller I have a E Linksys router and a Comcast modem I tried plugging the ethernet cable into each other but no luck Currently I m attempting to at least make the desktop use the modem internet directly I seem to be sending packets but not receiving them when I looked in the Status of the Local Area Connection in network connection details I have an autoconfiguration ipv of xxx xxx ipv subnet mask and nothing in the ipv default gateway dns server or wins server and no ipv default gateway I ve tried many things too many to name now but I am willing to try anything you guys mention and post the appropriate data or logs just tell me what it is you would like to see Any help would be highly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Anytime you see 169.x.y.z, that's the clue that your DHCP request to the router did not get an answer.

DHCP should return an IP address directly related to your router's address and two DNS addresses.

search the form for DHCP - - I've posted a solution here on TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working-169-xx-ip-address.203386/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am running xp pro. I can not get an internet connection through my ethernet card. When I hook up my modem through usb it works fine but unable to utilize my full download speed capabilities. Hooked the modem up via ethernet to laptop and it worked just fine. The only thing I can find wrong that I don't know how to fix or what is causing it is the fact that the physical address of the card comes up as the broadcast address (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF). Very strange. Can someone please suggest a fix for this (and dont say update the drivers) although it could likely be something as simple that I have overlooked.

Relevancy 55.47%

How can I ping point to point, or ethernet to ethernet when there is no IP address assigned? Is that possible? I tried using a MAC address with Ping but that did not work. In this case its a PC to a ethernet to 100BaseF (fiber) conversion and I want to send pings to test the link (no other routers or switches involved, just point to point). Any insight appreciated

A:How Ping Ethernet to Ethernet when no IP address?

Nope, PING is a OSI level three function, it doesn't work for MAC addresses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-ping-ethernet-to-ethernet-when-no-ip-address.800090/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell desktop running windows xp. I have cable broadband and cable telephone (Vonage). About ten days ago my phone quit working. I have tried the repair button a zillion times, tried the CMD IPCONFIG/ RELEASE and RENEW...no success. Tried rebooting, tried different cables, tried turning off the firewall, checked the Comcast modem (they came by told me my computer is at fault) but the wierd thing is, I can connect with a USB connection. However, this leaves me phoneless....and you cannot use the USB on the internet and the ethernet on the phone...they have some kind of a conflict....anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

Ok Friends My first post and sorry its an issue I have windows ultimate sp I am facing an issue I have a modem for my address Windows getting 7 Ethernet not IP internet Have a desktop and Windows 7 Ethernet not getting IP address lappy when i connect the lan to my desktop It works and i can surf or download But when i connect the same cable to my laptop then it does not recognize the IP address It normally assigns automaticaly but now i get APIPA WHAT I TRIED Uninstalled ethernet device software amp driver Installed it back No go did reset tcpip by running command specified on MS website Also did netsh winsock reset catalog restarted the system Disabled the firewall no go Disabled the antivirus still nothing Now it wont even let me surf through wifi i used to connect through my phone tethering Checked the ipv and v its set to obtain ip adress and dns automatically I even tried to change the speed control from Auto negotiation to half duplex MB amp MB IPCONFIG ALL gives me APIPA IMPORTANT - I tried in Safe Mode with networking and IT WORKED All i can say it is not an issue with modem not with the cable not with ISP its definitely my system Windows I thought of system restore but I wont do it Please help Thanks Mate

A:Windows 7 Ethernet not getting IP address

Do you have a Router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292165-windows-7-ethernet-not-getting-ip-address.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have two computers connected via ethernet cables to a Sky router I want to connect a third computer to the router using a Powerline ethernet adapter I have already had the adapters working OK adapters a IP ethernet address my need Do but since Do my ethernet adapters need a IP address then I have reinstalled the XP operating system and now they will Do my ethernet adapters need a IP address not work A bubble pops up saying it is trying to find a connection but it doesn t it does momentarily say it is connected but then says no connection Could it be that it needs the IP address of the router if so where can I find it If some one can see from the snapshots below what I need to do and how to do it it would be much appreciated PS this computer does work using a ethernet cable http i photobucket com albums y alankearn img jpg http i photobucket com albums y alankearn Clipboard gif http i photobucket com albums y alankearn Clipboard gif http i photobucket com albums y alankearn Clipboard gif http i photobucket com albums y alankearn Clipboard - gif Thanks nbsp

A:Do my ethernet adapters need a IP address

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-my-ethernet-adapters-need-a-ip-address.818061/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently had a Malware infection which I believed that I had resolved. Last week when I shut down my PC everything seemed to be working fine. When I went to turn it back on to use Maya 8.5 it could not locate the licenes. I went to the ethernet cntrl and clicked "detais" only to find the fields blank. I have heard that Malware may be responsable but I simply don't know how I might proceed with repair or if I am stuck replacing it. Any guidence you might provide would be appriciated.

Thanks.

A:Ethernet TCP/IP address missing

In the absence of any information, I'll assume XP and SP2. If that's not the case, how about posting some system and Windows version details.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-tcp-ip-address-missing.617865/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just wanted to post the following info, since I had a really hard time finding the answer to this myself.

We just had a relatively new Apple iMac spontaneously change its MAC/Ethernet address this past weekend. Turns out this is a known issue and I was able to find the solution right here on this site:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/272551-mac-address-changed-spontaneously.html

I wanted to bring it up again since that is an old forum post and I faced a lot of skepticism from networking and security folks at our company that this could even happen.

Anyway, as the thread above indicates, just shut the computer down, unplug power and ethernet, wait a minute, and then boot it back up again and you should be right as rain.

So bizarre.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-address-changed.1073931/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell desktop running windows xp I have cable broadband and cable telephone I tried hooking my computer to the phone modem with the ethernet connection to see if it would work When I hooked back up to my cable modem it couldn t get an IP address I tried the REPAIR button a hundred times to no avail I tried CMD IPCONFIG RELEASE and RENEW to no avail I tried setting TCP IP properties to obtain IP address and DNS server automatically still limited or no connectivity I tried rebooting computer and modem several times disconnecting cable tried different ethernet cables turned off firewall installed new network interface card same results I am however able to use a USB connection from modem and it works fine But I would prefer to use an ethernet connection Is there something I m overlooking Did hooking up a Can't Solved: address get with anymore IP ethernet different modem change settings on my computer If you can figure Solved: Can't get IP address with ethernet anymore this out you re a genius cause tech support can t nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

What is the router IP (the administration page) for a Gigafast Ethernet router?

He has tried the following IP's but none worked.

As well as his own IP address, but none worked.

Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

I wouldn't bet on which sub-forum this topic belongs to, but here goes...

I'm trying to install Maya (6.5), but it requires a HOSTID (Ethernet Address/Mac), which LMTools (comes with Maya) reports as 000000000000. As you can guess, Maya doesn't accept that as a valid one. So I tried getting it with "ipconfig /all" command, but the Physical Address I get there still doesn't satisfy Maya.
The PC isn't on a network, and I connect to the internet with dial-up (yes, yes, I still haven't crawled out of the Stone Age...). The firewall, in case it might have something to do with the problem, is Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2.5 (turned off when not connected to internet, so it being turned on doesn't seem to be the problem).
OS is WinXP SP2 (in-built firewall is, obviously, turned off).

So... Any ideas?

A:Solved: Maya & Ethernet Address - 000000000000

Problem solved!
A good bloke on another forum suggested installing "Microsoft Loopback Adaptor", and it worked, yay!

Start->Control Panel->Add Hardware->Add a new hardware device->Select from the list->Network Adapters->Microsoft Loopback Adaptor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-maya-ethernet-address-000000000000.339526/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I am an absolute extreme beginner in trying to install my own website for my small business using my home computer as my server for now etc Took me days to understand what I was ip disconnected, ip Address, ethernet invalid 169 media supposed to install 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip where and confusion arose many a time with all the ins and outs I managed to get asfar as installing FileZilla etc and here I got completely stuck It didnt want to connect to my 'server' After reading forums and such for hours on end I am even more confused than ever before as to exactly why and what 'fix' will assist me I have tried numerous things such as the netsh commands given in forums Nothing seems to be working Here is what I gathered when I go ipconfig - i have a ip address in my IPV line My ethernet states I have an invalid ip address I do have a driver from Intel installed though Default Gateway has NOTHING next to it Obviously I can still connect to the internet It seems others cant connect to my computer I have disabled the Windows Firewall allowed FileZilla to have access I am clearly not in the same class as the clever people and am sceptical about writing on a forum as I have noticed that people can be quite sarcastic in their replies I am using Windows Pro with a USB modem router Can someone at least point me in the right direction in 'normal' language I have read so many answers and did so many searches its like a snowball effect Thank you in advance Have mercy - Im old too

A:169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

Excuse me for this, but you really need to stop and think about what you are doing. It is a really bad idea. You are exposing your computer to the brunt of the Internet. You do not have the right set up or the right knowledge to run a PUBLIC web server from your home. You are just asking for trouble doing this.

What you should be doing is going to a reputable web host. Heck you can go to Windows Azure, they off a free web app server that is just perfect for starting out. It is safer and more robust then trying to host it yourself.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44840-169-ip-address-media-disconnected-invalid-ethernet-ip.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have a linksys model wrt54gl v1.1 and I am using Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition. I have a pc connected to the router directly through an ethernet plus a laptop, 2 iphones and a blackberry that get wireless internet from it. 2 days ago wireless stopped working. The internet on the pc connected to the router by ethernet is still working and the power, WLAN, ethernet, and internet lights are all lit green. The internet and ethernet lights flash when data is being transferred but the the WLAN light is not flashing. I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working. The phones and laptop are not detecting any wireless network present. Hope you can help.

Paul

A:Internet working on PC connected to router by ethernet but wireless not working

I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working.Click to expand...

The only other thing to try is to unplug the router for a few hours. You could also try another factory reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-on-pc-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-but-wireless-not-working.994621/
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay so I m trying to connect my Xbox to Live by bridging my computer s wireless connection I ve done this before for a friend in a different city and it worked fine and I felt very proud of myself for doing to bridged modem unable ethernet wireless 360 address from IP through Xbox obtain so However when I try to connect here the modem won t assign my Xbox an IP address I ve been into ipconfig all and tried to manually assign the same IP address to the Xbox 360 unable to obtain IP address from bridged wireless modem through ethernet Xbox but to no avail Same deal with the alternate MAC address option I ve been trawling the forums for hours now and I ve seen fixes for this exact issue but they Xbox 360 unable to obtain IP address from bridged wireless modem through ethernet haven t worked for me I ve only got a very basic knowledge of IT and I need help Who s keen To speed things along here s the readout from my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Samsung gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Boyd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description MAC Bridge Miniport Physical Address A-E - - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ede c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - - -E - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address E-E - - - -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabi t Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fa fed f c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - - -E - B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b c b c e d Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b c b c e d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F B A - AAA- E -B - DB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F B D- FC - D - - ED D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes In addition to this the ethernet connection between my laptop and the Xbox lists itself as quot unidentified public network quot I can t change this option Much internet karma to whoever helps this poor newb nbsp

A:Xbox 360 unable to obtain IP address from bridged wireless modem through ethernet

What connections are in the bridge?

It looks to me from your ipconfig /all that you may have an ethernet port connected to the Xbox and some other connection bridged with the wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-360-unable-to-obtain-ip-address-from-bridged-wireless-modem-through-ethernet.1039741/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 45.15%

My wireless is not working. I have tried looking at comments on line but nothing seems to work!
If I use the CMD code I get this for the ether net:
ipv4: 94.205.214.13
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 94.205.214.1

I have a sitecom router if that helps at all? It says to go to 192.168.0.1 which I have done but sdtill confused!Thanks in advance

A:Wireless not working, ethernet is working

All the above looks good. Using 192.168.0.1 as a URL in your browser, you should get a request for the user/password for that router. Once you login, you can go to the WiFi portion, enable it, set the SSID and encryption you desire.

Where do you get stuck?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-working-ethernet-is-working.194953/
Relevancy 44.29%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently formatted my laptop and installed windows 7. In installing drivers, specifically network drivers, I installed the wrong drivers, realized deleted them and then installed the correct drivers, but now the ethernet port does not work. In device manager there is no little yellow alerts, I've scanned for hardware but nothing. Is there a way I can check the health of my ethernet port?

Please Help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1908 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 165886 MB, Free - 125994 MB; D: Total - 119999 MB, Free - 71114 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., RV411/RV511/E3511/S3511/RV711
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 43.86%

Ok i just got a new brand router and I was trying to connect it thro lan to my PC which has a crappy wireless range, So I connect the cable and i get the massage "Network cable unplugged", However, I tried it on 2 other laptops and it worked great IBM(XP) HP(Vista).

-I own a HP Pavilion a6140.me. Just to let you all know that there is nothing wrong with the cable because it used to work great on our old router.

Relevancy 43.86%

My ethernet connection seems to have suddenly crapped out which has left me using the USB port. But that means I cannot establish my home wireless network.

My ISP troubleshooting help line could not tell me anything beyond it being an ethernet problem.

Any help troubleshooting and re-establishing is much appreciated.

A:Ethernet not working...

"... ethernet connection seems to have suddenly crapped out" implies
1. bad ethernet adapter,
2. bad ethernet cable, or
3. bad something at the other end of the cable.

Can you try another cable?

Can you try something different at the other end of the cable (e.g., if it was a router, try a different LAN port)?

Can you try the same setup but with a different computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-working.484833/
Relevancy 43.86%

My motherboard is a msi n1996. Running windows xp professional 2002 service pack 2. I am hardwired for the internet thru comcast but my computer does not recognize my ethernet or PCI card. I've downloaded drivers for it (realtek 8101L driver) but it now tells me to turn off computer and install PCI card.?? I think my roommate went into the Bios and changed something because before he did i was able to connect thru the direct line. Please help me figure out why it isn't working. Any one ???
I am using wireless internet thru the neighbor temporarily. Thanks.

A:Ethernet PCI NIC not working

If windows is finding it, then the BIOS wouldn't have impacted it. I would buy a new network card, and try it. They are under 40 bucks. I recommend buying Intel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304547/ethernet-pci-nic-not-working/
Relevancy 43.86%

All my Nvidia programs got uninstalled, and now my ethernet connection isnt working. I have a Wireless router and the rest of the comps on it have internet, but my comp is connected through a wire but is recieving nothing. please help

A:Ethernet not working

Do you have a nVidia chipset and/or an integrated ethernet adapter? Please put back the chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working.59904/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm having problems with my ethernet. I don't think my computer is detecting my ethernet because my internet doesn't work when i try to connect with my ethernet. I think it stopped working after i recovered(where it deleted everything) my computer. So i'm hoping someone can help me fix it. Thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello i have a desktop computer which used to get internet from a secondary Ethernet not working! router we had It is a Jensen Scandinavia One day when i logged onto my computer i noticed i had no internet Ethernet not working! and it hasnt returned since that It shows a yellow exclamition point by the internet icon and says no internet Access My secondary router Works fine With everything else than my computer both wifi and Ethernet Of all Electronics we have in the house its only my computer who doesnt work Ethernet not working! I have a cable that goes from my main router and to the secondary router if i stretch that into my Ethernet not working! room it will allow me to get internet Access so the problem isnt my main router My Ethernet port on the computer is blinking green some times aswell but i get no firm Connection I also do not have a default Gateway Additional info when my internet stopped working i looked into my Device manager and found pseudo tunneling Interface With a yellow exclamition mark I uninstalled it in hope that it would be reinstalled and making my computer work aagain but it didnt get reinstalled Ty for the help much appreciated

A:Ethernet not working!

The Pseudo Tunneling Interface is for IPv6, which is not used currently for Internet Access. When you right click this yellow flag and Uninstall it , it should not come back.
If you have no other yellow flags in the Device Manager, then to test your internet connection, plug this computer directly into the Main Router rather then the secondary one.
Then follow these instructions Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues and paste your ipconfig log in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ethernet-not-working-1037930.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I m having a very similar problem I can connect wirelessly using my laptop to the internet through my netgear router but not using my desktop The desktop is plugged in directly to the not Ethernet working router through the ethernet port but the router light indicating a wired connection isn t lighting up I ve tried installing the router software on the desktop running winXP but the installation won t complete as it can t detect the router Device manager says that the adaptor is working properly but the icon in systray says that a network cable is unplugged I ve tried different cables so I don t think they re to fault When I open the command prompt on my desktop and type ipconfig all Ethernet adaptor local area connection media state media disconnected description Ethernet not working SiS pci fast ethernet adaptor physical address - - - F-AE- Any help would be greatly appreciated P s When I plug my laptop in to the router using the ethernet cable the router s light comes on showing that it is connected nbsp

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-working.613576/
Relevancy 43.86%

Windows xp service pack 2
Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2 GHz CPU
2 x 1GB PC2700 DDRMSI K8T Neo2-F V2.0 Motherboard
100gb WESTERN DIGITAL HD
120 HD
ATI 512 x1950 pro
Hello

I have just got a phone plug in my room so I do not have to use my USB adaptor for my wireless broadband as it keeps losing the signal. I now have the router in my room using the Ethernet hole on my new MSI K8T Neo2-F V2.0 Motherboard, but every time I try and download a file it is corrupted. I have tried many different file just in case it was that. This did not work so I tried using my USB adopter and every thing downloads fine again. The driver for it is Realtek rtl8169/8110 family GIGABIT ETHERNET NIC and this is the web site for the motherboard nhttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3318077&CatId=15

Hope some one can help me with this.

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there I have no experience at all with computers connection issues so apologies for my poor use of terminology I live in the Bay Area and I have xfinity Comcast Around a week ago I stopped being able to connect to Ethernet After troubleshooting I found that the error was quot One or more network protocols are missing quot or Not Ethernet Working quot Windows Sockets Empty quot I have already tried the following things Reset my computer made sure all the cords were plugged in Did a quot netsh quot in command prompt to reset my IP Gave quot Full Control quot to everyone in folder in my Registry Editor Did a quot netsh quot to reset my winsocks Disabled NETBIOS on both wifi ethernet I also couldn't find any new drivers Each time I tried one of these fixes I would have ethernet for minutes after I restarted my computer Afterwards it would instantly disconnect me and connect me back to WiFi After I tried disabling WiFi my ethernet connection would still dc but I would simply have to troubleshoot it and would work again after restarting my adapter Is Ethernet Not Working there any way for me to fix problem for good My WiFi cuts off really randomly from time to time and that's really frustrating If there's anything I missed please let me know and I'll try to provide it Thank you so much

A:Ethernet Not Working

The link that shows up on your post - "I also couldn't find any new drivers..." - If you posted that intentionally, do not use the 'driver updater' program it links to. It's malware. My question would be who is the oem of your computer, and which LAN card make/model?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42158-ethernet-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This is my first time here so I hope I have the right forum. We have 2 laptops and 2 desktops.My sons desktop was fine when he went to bed and when he woke up he could not connect to our d-link dir-655. it says no network to connect to. I have changed the Ethernet cord and this did not help. Is there any way to tell if the motherboard Ethernet has went bad? He has a gateway with windows vista. Thanks.

Welcome to TSG
Ok.So is this the only pc on your home net that is having this problem ?
And it is ethernet not wireless ?
Make and model of modem and ISP name ?
So from the failing pc let's see:

From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> For addresses,follow instructions below&#8230;.

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING www.yahoo.com
Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. IPV4 for Vista

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
______

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-working.844691/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello well this i my first problem post on here I recently had to dump everything on my computer Ethernet Working Not to get rid of Surfsidekick adware that ruined it Well I started from Ethernet Not Working scratch with reinstalling windows XP and everything I put in the restore disk that came with my Dell Dimension cpu and got what ever programs i thought were nessesary Could have missed some I have no idea whats needed After all that I couldnt connect to the internet with my Ethernet Cable My wife plugged in the USB to our cable modem and thank god that worked cause i would not be typing this to you right now Under my Device Manager under other devices there are yellow question marks with small exclamation points on Ethernet Controller PCI Modem and USB Digital Still Camera Im thinking i need a Ethernet Driver but i dont know which one from the Dell site to download or if that is even the problem Someone please help SSgt Ernest Cooper USAF

You might be able to get some help from your SIP on this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56856/ethernet-not-working/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Satellite 105A S361 System (Toshiba) The ethernet all of a sudden, does not work, I plug the cat5 in and neither the green nor the orange light flash, I've downloaded the new driver for it, and still nothing. What do I do?

Mike711, welcome to TSF.

The port sounds damaged, but have you tried a different ethernet cable? Sometimes the pins can become damaged, or the wiring can become loose.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-not-working-225974.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All I have a problem with IE I am accessing a jsp in IP Address working HostName not working which I am hard coding a cookie value at server side and displaying the cookie at Client side i e IE when I try to access the jsp using the domain HostName not working IP Address working name in the URL the jsp returns me a Null value for cookie When I access the same jsp using IP address instead of domain name the jsp works fine I then checked the same with Mozilla Browser where I accessed the jsps using hostname and IP address It worked fine So I could finalize that the issue is with the browser only I have added the host name against the ip address even in the host file under SYSROOT i e C SYSROOT system drivers etc What exactly should I do now to resolve this issue what are the settings that I need to look for I have also tried in different version of IE as well but issue remains he same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hostname-not-working-ip-address-working-265505.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently had a hard drive failure After installing a new internal hard drive formatting and installing XP Home SP I reinstalled all my back up files and tweaks etc All is lean mean and secure However when I was checking my Device Manager I noticed the yellow next to my Ethernet Controller which explains why I had to reconnect to my DSL through a USB Working Ethernet Not Connection connection instead of my previous ethernet connection In my Ethernet Controller Properties under the General Tab it reads as follows Device Type Other Devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCl Bus Device Function Under the device status states Ethernet Connection Not Working quot Drivers for this device are not installed code I tried to reinstall the drivers through the Hardware Update Wizard but it failed and stated quot Hardware was Ethernet Connection Not Working not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software I have an Intel Pro M Integrated PCI NIC Card Thank you in advance for any for any guidance on this nbsp

A:Ethernet Connection Not Working

did you instal the correct drivers for the device?? - where are you getting them from?
you could delete from device manager and then wait for windows to find and then point to the correct drivers

have you installed your motherboard drivers ??

video drivers
sound drivers

often need installing - with the correct manufactureres drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-not-working.311199/
Relevancy 43.43%

When i run ipconfig on win7 it says media disconnected. The card is a realtek pcie gbe family controller. Wireless works just fine. I have tried resetting winsock to no avail. I have also tried reinstalling the drivers and this also did not work. I dual boot win7 and ubuntu 12.04 and the problem persists between both of them. I ran ping 127.0.0.1 and it was successful so it should not be a hardware problem. Could it possibly be an issue with bios?

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I have one of these motherboards GA-890FXA-UD5 in my main PC. And one of the Ethernet ports will no longer connect to the router. It was working fine the other day so I'm not sure what?s happened. The port that will not connect to the router is still flashing orange and green once a cable is connected to it, so does this mean that it?s still functioning okay? If I swap the cable over to the other Ethernet port on the board it connects straight away.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Ethernet Port Not Working

does sound a little strange. do u have diag in bios for ethernet, that can tell u simple things like cable length and other details.

very easy try a live CD (easiest is ubuntu) see if u get a IP and all the reset. its gd that u have a light on the port (or on ur switch/router on other end when plugged in)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161366-ethernet-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

The other day I woke up and found windows installed on my PC it installed itself overnight without permission I was confused and reverted back to windows immediately not that I have anything against windows just I was happy with how my pc was running before Now the internet doesn't work I've tried the troubleshooter and eventually it comes up with quot Internet not working (Ethernet) Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot It's set to obtain IP and DNS automatically in my connection properties Internet not working (Ethernet) I've tried all the basic things like turning router off for seconds Internet not working (Ethernet) restarting computer and replugging in all the ethernet cables on the switch box and router The internet is working fine on every other device in the house wireless and wired It was working fine until the upgrade and rollback from windows which is why I put this thread in windows support instead of networking support but maybe it belongs there I'm not sure Here's what I get from ipconfig all in cmd Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address E - F- -AD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-F -CB-D -E - F- -AD- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap BAD - D - D - FC -E DCBE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-not-working-ethernet-1102610.html
Relevancy 43.43%

So I ve been googling this problem for hours now and I ve finally given up and decided to ask for some help My computer knowledge is pretty good but I m not so great Working Wireless But Does Ethernet Not with all this internet stuff I can connect to the internet through the cable but not wirelessly despite it showing up as being Wireless Not Working But Ethernet Does available when I connect it tells me I have limited connectivity Any help would be very appreciated i ran a ipconfig and here are the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Cameron gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Cameron-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -D - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- -DA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd af Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January Lease Expires January Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e a de c Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe e a de c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description isatap lan Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Cameron gt nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey everyone,
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop A305D-S6848
I previously had Vista on it and now I have installed XP SP2 on it...
Everything in the laptop seems pretty good...
I have installed mostly every drivers I had to install, but the wireless won't work and so doesn't the Ethernet port work...
when i connect the laptop to the router through the ethernet, it doesn't connect to the internet...
The local area connection thing is missing too in Network Connections...
Any help would really be appreciated...
Thanks...

A:Ethernet and wireless not working

and welcome to the Forum

You need to load the driversfor the LAN and wireless cards . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-and-wireless-not-working-393287.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i am using laptop and run windows xp pro i have been using usb connection but wanted to change over to ethrtnet but it wont let me connect with ethernet in my device manager checked afew things but said allws working properly and could find no better drivers than the ones installed every time i try ethernet connection i get little buble botom right hand corner saying cable not connected but it was also in device manager i have a yellow ? mark by the side of it it says pci communications controller i am totally lost as what else to try can u help me dbbie

A:ethernet conection not working

Have you disabled your onboard NIC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-conection-not-working.325026/
Relevancy 43.43%

I started a similar post in the networking forum, but I have a feeling this is a hardware issue so I'll post here.

My net was working perfectly yesterday during the day, but when I returned to my computer later that night, the LAN&USB status light on my wireless modem was not lit up, and the internet wouldn't work. I checked all the cables, reset the modem, restarted the computer, and still nothing. When I look at the ethernet card at on the backside where the cable plugs in, none of the lights are lit up, if that has anything to do with it. Device manager shows the card as functioning properly, so I'm stumped....

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Earlier this week there was an update for windows I'm not sure what the update was but to need Ethernet working re-enable not - it took about an hour to install so was fairly big although I see no real changes Anyway since then the ethernet adapter no longer works when the computer starts Ethernet not working - need to re-enable up It just says unidentified network and that no cable is connected the cable definitely is and I've tried different cables and same result Anyway Ethernet not working - need to re-enable the solution is to disable the adapter and enable it again and then it works as expected The problem is it Ethernet not working - need to re-enable will randomly stop working sometime when you start the computer up again and so you have to go through the process again I've tried updating the driver but there are no new updates Reinstalling the driver is only a temporary fix as the problem will arise again the next time I restart the device Is there any permanent solution for this Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this post any suggestions are greatly appreciated Some system info Edition Windows Home Version OS Build Network Adaptor DM A USB to Fast Ethernet Adapter KMDF

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46814-ethernet-not-working-need-re-enable.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hey,

I got a wierd problem which i can't seem to figure out, i have 2 pc's which are both connected to me netgear router by an ethernet cable and both computers were connecting to the internet but now only one can connect and my main compouter can't even find my router the cable is fine and everything has been checked but nothing is working, now i can only connect to the internet through my spare computer that my brother uses how can i fix it to be able to use both computers.

Thank you.

A:ethernet cable not working!

would you post an ipconfig /all - from both PCs - make sure we know which is the working one

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-working.939505/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just installed DSL service for a friend. The Ethernet port is not working. She has a Dell Deminsion with Windows XP (I know it is the port because I brought over my laptop and connected fine). Is there a way to fix this or do I have to install a Ethernet PCI card? Thank you

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Acer Aspire 7552G laptop running Windows 7 x64 that is having problems with connecting to the internet.

I started to notice the wireless and LAN connections becoming very weak, web pages would load slower, data would take longer to download, etc. This lasted for a couple weeks. As of now, I cannot get any signal, neither wireless nor LAN.

I normally use Google Chrome but have tried to connect through multiple browsers.

I have tried updating the wireless/ethernet drivers, and I have also tried uninstalling them all together and reinstalling them. Both to no avail. I have no idea how to resolve this issue and am hoping the tech pros here can help me out!

Wireless LAN and LAN vendors are both Broadcom and the drivers can be found here: Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 7552G

*I am connecting to internet on a university campus.

A:Wireless & Ethernet LAN - Not Working?

How are you measureing the stregth of the ethernet connection?

Who is your ISP ?. . What Brand and Model is the Modem and Router?

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

[COLOR="Navy"] To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.[/COLOR

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-and-ethernet-lan-not-working-630451.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently bought a netgear router. The problem is, that it will not connect to my laptop. I believe that the main reason why is not connecting is because my ethernet cable is not working properly. For example, when I try to connect my modem to my laptop via ethernet, it will notice it but it will tell me that it is an unidentified network. For this reason I have to use my usb cable which is working fine. I think this is really weird because if the ethernet calbe wouldnt be working my laptop wouldnt even notice it. I tried downloading some ether drivers but I still cannot conect.... this is the version of my ethernet thing marvell yukon 88e8039 pci-e fast ethernet controller.

Please let me know what can I do.

A:ethernet connection not working....

First off, how about the EXACT make/model of the modem and the router. You do realize that when you change from the USB connection to the Ethernet connection on most modems that you MUST cycle power on the modem, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-not-working.751890/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, so basically I am using a windows 7 computer, and my WiFi doesn't seem to be working. To be exact, my Ethernet cable is working but my wireless isn't... before (a few days ago) it seemed to be working when I restart my computer, or just simply restart my router. But now, when I've tried it about 10 times, the WiFi is still not working :/

Thanks for the help

A:My ethernet is working but internet isn't

What is this computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ethernet-is-working-but-internet-isnt.200381/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an old Thinkpad R52 here, and I just reloaded Windows XP Professional on it. OEM disc. I've downloaded the drivers from IBM's official page at:http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-58931Using my other computer I downloaded various drivers onto a USB drive and copied them to the laptop's desktop, then installed them. Strangely, none of them seem to do anything, though. The install process for each works fine and reports no errors, but after restarting, the audio and Ethernet controllers are still unknown in the device manager.ThanksEDIT: I figured it out. The installers didn't work for some reason, but I was able to manually select the drivers from the folders that the installers extracted to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375965/ibm-thinkad-r52-ethernet-drivers-not-working/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I am unable to connect to the internet via the Ethernet port, although wireless connection is ok. Windows 7 message: Windows couldn't receive network traffic from internet. Connection between access point, router or cable or modem is broken. (Tried the cord on another computer and internet via ethernet connection is ok.) I tried troubleshooting with Telus but they show no problems with modem. Tried ping test it was ok. Turned cord around it didn't help, tried restarting modem etc. and it didn't help.The driver has the most updated version and reports it is working properly. Have tried to restart and no change. Please help.

A:Ethernet port not working Please help!

can we see an ipconfig with the ethernet connected please
also please try a tcp/ip reset
see below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista - Windows 7 - Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-port-not-working-please-help.1143124/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All,

My ethernet port isn't working. I am running Windows XP on an Inspiron E1505. When i try to use my LAN, I cannot because my computer says that the "Network drive is unplugged". Not really sure what's going on; I'm pretty sure it's not the cord or modem since I have another computer that I able to run on the same LAN. I tried to use the troubleshooter to solve the problem, but nothing really came up. What strategies shoudl I try? Thanks!

Relevancy 43.43%

Alrighty A friend of mines internet just stopped working a few nights ago I went to her dorm and checked her settings and connections all fine Tried plugging her PC into her roomates ethernet box thing and it didn t work tried a different cable and that didn t work either She has a Dell laptop it looks kinda old thats all I really know My question is is there a free diagnostics tool I could burn onto a cd then run on her laptop to see if it can determine the problem Like I said it suddenly stopped working aparently and using the roomates cable ethernet jack didn t Ethernet working... stopped solve anything so it looks like a hardware problem Thanks for any help I d love to save her the trouble of paying for someone to look at it Edit I forgot to mention what the PC is saying Under device manager it shows the ethernet card working normally but it says its unplugged I Ethernet stopped working... have also deactivated the card and reactivated it to no avail Again after changing cables and replugging everything it the PC says a network cable is unplugged but its not Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I tried installing the USB 2.0 ethernet adapter on my XP but nor able to connect to the internet.My Lan port is down so this is the option left.Have installed the driver but it's not showing up in Device manager.Not sure what needs to be done.Pls help.

Thanks.

A:USB ethernet adapte not working on Win XP

Have installed the driver but it's not showing up in Device manager.Click to expand...

The only ways I can think that could be the case are that the adapter is not plugged in, is not powered on, or is dead (defective).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-ethernet-adapte-not-working-on-win-xp.1143301/
Relevancy 43.43%

The other day I woke up and found windows installed on my PC it installed itself Internet not (Ethernet) working overnight without permission I was confused and reverted back to windows immediately not that I have anything against windows just I was happy with how my pc was running before Now the internet doesn't work I've tried the troubleshooter and eventually it comes up with quot Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot It's set to obtain IP and DNS automatically in my connection properties I've tried all the basic things like turning router off for seconds restarting computer and replugging in all the ethernet cables on the switch box and router The internet is working fine on every other device in the house wireless and wired It was working fine until the upgrade Internet not working (Ethernet) and rollback from windows which is why I put this thread in windows support instead of networking support but maybe it belongs there I'm not sure Here's what I get from ipconfig all in cmd Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address E - F- -AD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e c d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-F -CB-D -E - F- -AD- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap BAD - D - D - FC -E DCBE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Internet not working (Ethernet)

I would start by deleting the Intel network adapter from device manager and deleting any associated drivers. Then reboot.

Download the updated driver for Windows 7 here if Windows doesn't load one on reboot:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...for-Windows-7-

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-not-working-ethernet-1102610.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP 250 G2 Laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now my network adaptors are not working.1. Device manager says that Wi-Fi driver is up to date2. Wi-Fi sees my router, asks for password and shows that connection established, but with no Internet3. Adapter Status shows : media state - enabled, but IPv4 connectivity: No network access. Network connection details page is empty4. Trying to diagnose - it says that I have a problem with adapter driverThe same with ethernet.I got:Wi-FI - "qualcomm atheros qca9565 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter"Etheret - "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller"

A:HP 250 G2: Wi-Fi / Ethernet not working after upgrade to Win...

Hi: Did you install the W10 wireless and ethernet drivers?  That would be the only suggestion I can offer. Ethernet:  Download, unzip and install the 1st driver on the list. http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy... Wireless: This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000-Series wireless LAN Controller in the supported models and operating systems. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71858.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-250-G2-Wi-Fi-Ethernet-not-working-after-upgrade-to/td-p/5758133
Relevancy 43.43%

whenever i try to connect my laptop (windows 7) wirelessly , it does not connects to it where as the ehernet cable works fine with it. i am using beetle 450tc2 router. please help

A:my wireless not working but ethernet does

do any other devices work with your wireless ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-not-working-but-ethernet-does.1115144/
Relevancy 43.43%

My XP is having problems, none of the ports work any longer, they are not recognized. I cannot connect to the internet, but I know its just my desktop, because my laptop works fine with the same modem. What can I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-ports-and-ethernet-not-working-198772.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just recently installed the Netgear FA311 fast ethernet pci card onto my computer. when i installed it it said that the card was properly installed and was working. when i check the device manager i click on "view devices by type" and it is listed but when i click "view devices by connection" it isnt there. also the lights on the actual card do not light up when i plug in the ethernet cord. OS is windows 98. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys..

So I have run into a strange problem over the last 2 days..

I suddenly (literally) cannot access the internet using ethernet on my desktop PC. I tried the same ethernet from the same port of the router into my laptop and it worked fine, so guessing it's an issue (HW or SW) with the ethernet settings or HW on the PC itself?

How can I diagnose?

I have attached a photo/screenshot of the ipconfig/all command..

Any help much appreciated!

D

Relevancy 43.43%

Two LEDs on an Ethernet port - green and orange (which I'm sure you all know). Lately, I noticed the orange LED is no longer illuminating.

I had to make some disk images in Linux today, so I booted up from a LiveCD - the LED worked from the Linux system.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling the driver (both via Windows Update and from the Realtek site) - neither method fixed it.

The connection still works fine as far as I can tell!

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Ethernet 'activity' LED not working

Just a quick update:

I've found that switching the duplex mode to 10Mbps (half or full) uses ONLY the orange LED, but any other setting just uses the green one, including 'Auto negotiate'. So it's not like the LED is bust...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39358-ethernet-activity-led-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I m running Win XP not Ethernet port working and using Bt broadband not wireless Everything was going fine on Sunday night but when I turned the computer on on Monday morning I had no data light on my router called Bt did all the usual crap like changing the ethernet around and rebooting the router I then used a different ethernet cable and a netgear router and I was still not getting the light to show that ethernet was connected - nor do I have an orange light at Ethernet port not working the back of the computer Windows is telling me that the local area connection is unplugged When I uninstall the ethernet Sis -based fast ethernet adaptor Windows finds it again and successfully reinstalls it and tells me it s ready to use I am online through a usb cable from my router and my boyfriend s xbox is connected to the router through an ethernet and it s working so it s definetely my computer Ethernet port not working I have downloaded new drivers from the Sis website and installed them but it still hasn t solved the problem A few times last night when I turned on my computer I have had to run it in safe mode because running it on the last known good config just brings up a black screen It has been suggested to me that this could be a registry problem If so do I need to reinstall windows I had a virus about a week before this all happened nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so I have had my windows xp sp for a long time but recently got a bad virus I fixed the virus but now can t connect to the net I'm am connected through Ethernet and when I click L A N status it says connected with mpbs but when I click internet it xp windows sp2!! working on not ethernet says cannot display page no internet yada yada I no the Ethernet it working because it works on my other computer though I think it might be because ethernet not working on windows xp sp2!! it says my ip address is but what ever I do I can t renew it like it tells me to I have no idea what to do but when I click ipconfig all this is what I get If anyone has any idea on what s wrong or any suggestions don t hesitate to help me by responding Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Ilan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HP Primary Dns Suffix sapling Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -FE- C- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers

A:ethernet not working on windows xp sp2!!

HI
Did you install any anti virus or internet security software in your computer

Tried to check in safe mode with networking if you are getting the same ip then
Restart the computer and goto command prompt run this command
Netsh winsock reset
Then restart the computer
Check for the net.... If you have same problem let us know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-not-working-on-windows-xp-sp2-495957.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I dont know if this is in the right section but I am using windows 7 and when i start my computer everything works fine until the windows logon screen when the mouse and keyboard stop working. Both are usb and my ps/2 is working fine. I went into device manager and my ethernet and usb drivers had exclamation points on them and the issue was that they could not start. I disabled and re-enabled all of these and they now work 100% until i restart my computer again then i have to continue the process. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

A:Ethernet and usb not working on startup

once you are on the device manager, right click and uninstall drivers if you have an option, it will be out of the list after that, and re-scan for devices or reboot the PC for Windows to automatically install drivers for USB ports..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-and-usb-not-working-on-startup.937642/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve been happily using Mb broadband working... ethernet Please My Help! network's not through BT for the last - months or so but now I m trying to set up a network for another - computers to share it I m running into trouble I bought a m ethernet cable on ebay http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item amp rd amp sspagename STRK MEWN IT amp rd but the weird thing is that while it ll work fine if it s connecting my computer to the router it won t work with any of the other computers Please Help! My ethernet network's not working... in the house their ethernet ports don t light up green and the computers seem unaware its plugged in to them and unable to detect the router My computer s Com Gigabit NIC card works with it fine while the Q-Tek card http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item amp rd amp sspagename STRK MEWN IT amp rd I bought won t work Neither will the ethernet ports unknown make offhand built into the other two computers in the house work with the long m cable but having just about managed to stretch the old short cable I had to one of them that I fitted with the Q-Tek card it works fine with that Is looks like the cable was at fault afterall Should I just pay for another one and hope that works Did I buy the wrong sort of cable and if so what sort should I look for Thanks in advance for any suggestions replies housemates are getting a bit irritated with the whole thing now so advice would be really useful Glyn nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys ,I am facing the weirdest problem . when I m trying to connect my laptop using wifi , my modem get rebooted ..all light gets off (DSL,WLAN,Internet) automatically . is it any malware or what ? I have updated my BIOS , my wireless driver ..but nothing worked .nd when I m connecting using ethernet its working fine , modem working smoothly .

A:Wireless not working, but ethernet does

Hi Sssstud,

Please let us know the message you see when you try to establish a wireless connection to the internet. Is your computer able to detect wireless networks? What version of Windows are you using and what is the model and name of the wireless router?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-not-working-but-ethernet-does.195557/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, first post here. I don't know much about tech so joined here for help. I moved into a new house (rented) and we have virgin media internet with their infamously reliable super hub

I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable but only get "local" access when attempting with wifi. My friend can get on wifi fine on his laptop and my wifi works fine on other networks which leads me to believe its just some settings that need changing. I will try to attach a picture of my ipconfig with wifi switched on and no ethernet cable in.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I've googled for hours and hours but nothing anyone suggests on there has worked for me.

Cheers for any replies

A:Wifi not working, ethernet does

Is that Cell phone internet your using there. Disabled Wired connections when using WiFi connections don't have both enabled. Also are you sharing internet or WiFi in this building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-ethernet-does.195318/
Relevancy 43.43%

After a recent failure of the wireless router the laptop refuses to connect to Ethernet LAN wired network.Even after a full format of HDD and reinstallation of OS (Windows XP).The Ethernet driver downloaded from HP (compaq) support did not worked,also if  I let windows (from Wireless connection that worked) search for and install Ethernet adapter.The LAN connection can not receive any data (on status has received 0 - at any time)Can not receive IP from router, and if I set an IP (manual) and ping to Gateway (router) obtain 0 packets received.I have a good network and everything works but for this (2 there are 2 identical) Compaq 6820s.I tested LAN of the Compaqs with a Live Linux CD and it worked OK. So it is about Windows, drivers, or virus.Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Compaq6820s-Ethernet-LAN-not-working/td-p/5766075
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi There!
Yesterday night I had  tried to install a network driver in Windows 10. But it had not installed successfully. This morning I run my laptop as usual. But after a while I figured out that my wireless LAN, wifi, Ethernet, LAN and USB ports aren't working. So I do a ePSA Diagnostic from one time boot menu option by pressing F12 while restarting. There, I found on the Configuration tab:
Wireless Switch = on
Wireless Lan = not installed
Blutooth = installed
Wireless Wan = not installed
There are no sign of Wireless/Ethernet LAN in Device manager. There is a exclamation mark on USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. My card reader and Bluetooth works fine.
I Would like to know what happened to my laptop(Dell Vostro 3460). Is my LAN Card dead? What about the USB Port?
Thanks in Advance,
Al Shahriar

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981000
Relevancy 43.43%

I got home today and found that my computer wont connect to the Internet. I unplugged the cord and found that both status LEDs were on so I plugged it back in and they stayed on. I plugged the ethernet cable to my laptop an it works fine. Anyone know a fix for this problem?

A:Ethernet port not working

can we see an ipconfig /all and device manager
I unplugged the cord and found that both status LEDs were on Click to expand...

where are these lights - next to the socket on the PC _ green and yellow ?

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-port-not-working.1052349/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been having a problem with the ethernet for a long time now. I want to upgrade to a wireless router and I guess thats not possible without ethernet, that's what I have been told anyway. My current modem I use with the USB wire. I have a Dell Inspiron 2400, OS is Windows XP. The message I get is "No active Broadcom network adapters detected" there is a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it next to Broadcom 440x 10/100 intergratted controller #2, and next to PCI Device. I have no idea what to do from here. I mean if there is a wireless router I can use that is USB compatible then I have no problem with that, but it seems like I have got no answers from RadioShack and WalMart other then "You need ethernet"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello i just found out we had a computer lying around Ethernet properly. not working in the house I've managed to boot it and everything works completely fine except for the ethernet It says its connected Ethernet not working properly. it's receiving packages and all that but when i try to connect to the internet it just says You are offline It says t he internet is connected Im using quot Black XP quot Network driver card is Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Dont Ethernet not working properly. know if the network driver is the problem it might be But then i wonder if anyone could give me the link to the newest driver Ty Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name pal Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek Ethernet not working properly. RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D-E -F - C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe dff fee f c Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained september Lease Expires oktober Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - C Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C gt

A:Ethernet not working properly.

Please read our rules . . a link to them is at the top of every page.

We are not going to help with pirated software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-not-working-properly-1041033.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just turned on my computer and windows is telling me that my Ethernet port is un plugged. Reinstalling the drivers for it didnt help. When i try and plug it in, the orange and green lights flash in this pattern: O . . . O G G G . . . and repeats. On other Ethernet ports the green on stays on and the orange one flickers. Is there any way i can install a new one? It looks as though the port is mounted on the
motherboard and I dont want to buy a new one.

If you have a an open PCI slot you can add a card which should do the trip for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127679-ethernet-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i have formatted my computer and installed vista 64 bit but my computer doesn't recognize my ethernet card. i have tried to install it from the cd but still i can't. 2 hours ago there wasn't any problem with the vista 32 bit system. so i can't use internet from my desktop computer. how can i solve this problem??

A:vista 64 bit, not working ethernet

Sounds like you need a 64-bit driver, it would generally help if you posted the brand/model

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-64-bit-not-working-ethernet-319079.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been trying to get my ethernet drivers to work for a while now with no success. I have installed and updated them but I still recieve the exclamation mark down below them. I have a ethernet cord that previously worked but it seems something has changed internally and now I cannot connect to the internet via ethernet. After uninstalling the ethernet drivers and trying to reinstall it said installation failed, Device driver software was not successfully installed. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Ethernet drivers not working.

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Could you Please Post your System Specs ... The Link below will help you achieve this ...
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/352099-ethernet-drivers-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I quot m a newbie here so working...help! cable ethernet not please lead me in simple terms I dont know anything about tcip ip nic etc etc My computer has always been fine connecting to the internet ethernet cable not working...help! via regular ethernet cable Due to a recent storm which fried my cable modem my cable company came to replace my modem with a scientific Atlanta modem This time the ethernet cable not working...help! internet would not work with the ethernet cable no connection at all So instead of the ethernet he just plugged a USB and it worked fine Anyone know how to get the ethernet jack to work back up Is it some settings on the desktop I m in the process of pulling my old wireless router and installing it so my laptop can be wireless freely However my router only has ethernet ports I also want to add that if I plug the modem to my laptop via etherent cable it works fine someone please lead me step by step on what and how to troubleshoot I m not network savvy at all thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Clean Install of Win XP Pro sp2 and the ethernet controller is not working. It does not show up in the device manager with the usual yellow question marks, the ethernet controller does not show up at all. The ethernet controller is a Realtek RTL8100C. The computer is a Compaq SR2150NX that shipped originally with Vista (way to slow), I switched it to XP (very fast). Mom Brd is a ECS RC415ST-HM (HP/Compaq Mom Brd name: Alhena5-GL6). I found all of the XP drivers for the Mom Brd (including the ethernet controller) and everything works fine except the ethernet controller. The onboard ethernet is enabled in the BIOS. Could the Realtek chip be bad? How do you force-feed it ethernet drivers when the controller doesn't show up in the device manager? Any advice sure would be appreciated. Thanks...

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm sorta in a jam I have a dell Inspiron from desktop of and today when I turned it on it went through all the boot up sequence normally I try to login but I can't the USB mouse or keyboard are lighting up since the mouse is a laser and the keyboard has the num Ethernet light not and USB working lock light I go to the back and check and see if my Ethernet light is on its off I pulled out my USB and tried the one in the front no luck When I enter bios the keyboard works Also I turned off USB and Ethernet light not working the computer holding the USB and Ethernet light not working button unfortunately I pulled the plug out and held the power button for seconds to drain the on board battery When I turned it back on I had no luck both the keyboard and mouse were not working and USB and Ethernet light not working the Ethernet light is still off One more thing my PSU has always had a small led on it it always lit up green and it still was Please help I'm laying down on my bed hopin I can get answers I won't be able to answer any posts left until after pm tommorow

A:USB and Ethernet light not working

Have you checked on these devices in the Device Manager? If so then please post there status and a screen-shot of the Device Manager showing these Devices.

On some Laptops you have to press a Button for the Ethernet or Wi-Fi to become active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257888-usb-ethernet-light-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Emachines T3642 computer that originally came with Vista. I just down graded to XP Home edition using a windows software disk from an old laptop that is no longer working.

Every thing went fine accept now my the computer is not acknowledging my ethernet connection and I am unable to get online. The ethernet cable light so I know it is working.

Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 43.43%

Good evening,

I just build a new computer this weekend and originally used the ga-880-ga-ud3h mobo... i installed windows and everything was working fine (windows 7 x64), today i decided to replace the mobo with the 890gpa-ud3h. now the internet wont work and it says there is no network driver. i tried loading the cd it came with but the cd says everything is installed. please help soon!

thanks everyone

A:Ethernet not working on new MOBO

Are all drivers installed according to Device Manager? Is the ethernet enabled in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-working-on-new-mobo.965573/
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 43.43%

So, I recently updated my windows XP home edition to Windows XP Pro. When I did this, I formatted the original drive without making a backup. The instalation was a success but now I have many ports that do not show up.
I ran an application called Unknowndevices and received a ton of information but the information for the ethernet port is as fallows.

Ethernet Controller
Unknown Device from Intel Corporation
Chip: Unknown Chipset from Intel Corporation
Full Details
PNP ID
VEN_8086&DEV_1094&SUBSYS_00018086&REV_01
Windows Detected Device
Ethernet Controller
Detected Chip Vender
Intel Corporation
Detected OEM Vender
Intel Corporation
Search Results (Internal Stuff)
RPL_GOT_VENDER
RPL_GOT_OEM_VEN
Any help on how I can download this driver and install it on my computer would be greatly helpful.

Edit: The PC in question has no connection the the internet whatsoever.

A:Ethernet Port Not working

hi welcome to tsf, whats the make and model of computer or custom list specs. goto device manager and see if you have any yellow ? by anything if do list them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ethernet-port-not-working-522672.html
Relevancy 43.43%

just noticed my Vaio ethernet port isn't working. it says the adaptor is working normally, but when I plug in an ethernet cable is says the cable is not plugged in. I tried it with two different cables that work elsewhere.

I wonder if the laptop ethernet card is faulty?

Wireless is working fine.

Anyone got any ideas to try?

I only ever use it to hard connect the router during setup, so it could have been out of order even before my Win7 to 8.1 upgrade.

so it could have been out of order even before my Win7 to 8.1 upgrade.

Probably so if you never bothered to install the LAN drivers after upgrading.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/33184-ethernet-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

Please help me! Today suddenly my internet stopped for no reason! When I open the device manager and click on other devices and click network my Ethernet controller has a little yellow (!)sign next to it and when I click properties it says no driver installed, please tell me what to do! I have drivers I guess, I just installed an Atheros driver there for the network but somehow it doesn't recognize it or I do not know what is the problem, please help, please!

Thank you

Best Regards
Stefany

A:Ethernet controller not working!

Hi Stefany93, Have you tried right clicking on the device with the exclaimation mark against it and selecting "update driver" ? , Windows ashould then find the driver for you Are you sure you have an Atheros ethernet controller ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237557-ethernet-controller-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys sorry my first post has to be a question but by reading through I feel like I have come to the right place First off I have a basic understanding of computers not working? Ethernet port I get some of the common sense stuff so please keep this in mind We have Emachines desktops running Windows of the use a Cisco wireless adapter USB to get on internet through our Netgear router Sorry if I m using the names like I m advertising for them just don t know how much difference knowing brand to brand makes Anyways one of the desktops Ethernet port not working? USB just stopped working it showed up in the device manager when you would plug something in but it could not read off of it I tried multiple portable drives and it the USB wifi adapter quit working After a few hours I somehow figured Ethernet port not working? out that if I brought the desktop and plugged it into a ethernet cable it would get online I then performed a Windows update and it fixed the USB s It done that twice over the period of a week Both times a updat fixed the problem I say all that to say Sunday the one computer that is hardwired to the router by Ethernet cable quit working The difference is the USB s all work fine but I believe there is something wrong with the Ethernet port Basically the same scenario one day its fine next it s not I ve check for updates but it say there is none I have changed ethernet cable between them tried swapping port with the cable Also I swapped other computers to the same ports they got online fine without a problem I called Emachines they walked me through a test like thing in dos then told me it was fine I haven t installed anything recently it just quit Any help would be greatly appreciated I need to get this thing up and running so I can sync our accounting info Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance Cody

A:Ethernet port not working?

Is there any more information you need that I didn't include?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413568/ethernet-port-not-working/
Relevancy 43.43%

My network is enabled and pluged in and in the network connections it shows the internet listed but I cannot connect to the internet. However for my wireless card when enabled it sees the network and lets me use the internet. I have updated drivers and checked the firewall but still no luck any sugestions?

I am using xp pro sp3 and my motherboard (VIA Rhine II ethernet is integrated) is a model P4M266A-8235

A:Network ethernet not working

hi what sort of internet service to you have there buddy? have you checked for the settings given to you by your ISP? What sort of error do you see whenever you open your browser?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-ethernet-not-working.127674/
Relevancy 43.43%

I like to think I have never been beaten (reformat the system will fix it but thats to easy)DesktopVista Home EditionGigabyte series Mother BoardI have a user who has cleaned out his system rebooted and ever since then the system wont connect to the internet. Ethernet symbol bottom right hand corner with red cross.Steps I have taken to resolve this.Ran repair and diagnose, error "either driver or Hardware issue"Uninstalled driver and reinstalled lastest driver.Device Manager, uninstalled ethernet card reinstalled, disabled re-enabled. when disabled ethernet symbol should disappear but doesnt.Installed another ethernet switch still nothing.Ran Combo fix, malware bytes (found websearch) nothing major.Went through Hi Jack This filesChecked my internet connection lolAm wondering if there maybe something in BIOS however?Has anyone come across this before? I dont think it's the mother board.

A:Ethernet switch not working

I have a user who has cleaned out his system What does that mean?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414607/ethernet-switch-not-working/
Relevancy 43.43%

How can I verify that my ethernet port is damaged and not just configured imporperly. I 'm trying to hook up my wireless router to my computer with an ethernet cable and all of a sudden the port light is not let and my router won't recognize the computer

A:ethernet port not working

After you hooked the pc up to the router did you reboot the modem and router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-port-not-working.724005/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, on my pc (windows XP) I can get onto the internet via wireless mode, if I then disable the wireless connection I can't access the internet using the ethernet cable. The bt broadband connection is fine, as I can disable the wifi on my works lap top, plug into the ethernet cable and hey presto I can get on the internet. So its not the cable or the hub that seems to be the problem. When I look at the connection options the local area connection appears to be firewalled connected on the pc and at 100 Mbps (what ever that means, but I know its better than the 54Mbps I'm getting on the wifi set up). So can anybody out there please help me?
thanks in advance

Relevancy 43%

I am attempting to connect to the internet with a broadband connection after reinstalling Windows. It keeps reporting back with Error 651 (Modem or other device reported an error), so right now I'm running though WiFi. My motherboard has a built in ethernet port, which is what I am attempting to connect through. It also has a fiber optic circuitboard installed, but my router does not support it, so I can't do anything with it.

Whenever I try to set up a new connection, Windows tells me that my computer is not set up to use Ethernet, but that I can still try to do it.

Any help is appreciated!

A:Ethernet port on motherboard not working

Reinstalling Windows frequently does not the drivers for things like the Ethernet/Network adapter, have to download drivers for it then install.

You might also need to look in the BIOS to see if the Ethernet is Enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344682-ethernet-port-motherboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I had a pretty nasty combination of viruses including AntiVir and some redirects and browser hijacks After not After working? ethernet virus, removing getting them removed and all logs being cleaned I m having some issues with the eithernet router I m not sure if this is an XP issue or a networking issue I m running a linksys Wireless-G router and a D-Link DCM- modem If everything is connected through After removing virus, ethernet not working? the routher I can get online although some sites will not load and others will At first I had no IP address so we typed one in manually If I disconnect the router and try to go modem straight to After removing virus, ethernet not working? the computer I can t get online at all It doesn t even recognize me plugging back in Also after scrubbing out the viruses malware if I open the linksys programs it won t recognize the router Like I said I m After removing virus, ethernet not working? not sure if this is an XP or a networking problem but either way I have some sites loading can t refresh the IP address and can t connect unless I m running through the router and have no idea what to do to solve the problem I really appreciate any help you can offer Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Okay I am new to not working, Networks Ethernet with same Passworded computers I just hated vista with such wrath that I printed out everything ever to computers and updated to windows I had vista bits and all my drivers were working correctly when I upgraded to windows bits But I decided to upgrade to Windows x because I found out my computer has additional RAM that wasn't being used by the x OS When I did this I had to install some new drivers which I figured out by putting in my ASUS driver cd and then from device manager I would search the ASUS driver cd for correct drives The ASUS Driver CD wouldn't work it would tell me my operating system obviously wasn't vista so Ethernet not working, same with Passworded Networks I had to use the driver folder in it manually So I can connect to password-less wireless perfectly like my neighbors but my work's pass-worded network it says connected but I can't actually go use the internet Same with when I plug in Ethernet it will tell me Ethernet not working, same with Passworded Networks I'm connected but no internet I read around the internet and it said it has something to do with drivers I tried downloading x versions of my drivers but I had difficulty using and installing them Here are my Network cards Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI Pretty sure bluetooth doesnt relate to my internet but whatever Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS PS If you respond with drivers downloads make sure they are just an install file not a folder full of weird extension files please lol Thank you in advance PS I LOVE WINDOWS SEVEN PS I don't know how much background to include damn didn't mean to write a lifestory EDIT Also I reinstalled installed a lot of drivers from the Asus site all of which didn't work Ethernet I was able to locate my ethernet card but I can't test that my wifi card however wasn't even displayed on the site I was confused There was no Atheros downloads at all I think

A:Ethernet not working, same with Passworded Networks

PROBLEM FIXED:
Solution:
Went and downloaded almost every file and installed them off the Asus website.
Didn't work either.

SO I used the cd, and went to "update driver" and clicked on the cd multiple times, this allowed it to re install the drivers most likely the correct ones. I am now at work connected to the internet THANK GOODNESS!!

<3 windows 7. now i feel like i can help people with network connections and drivers,
Even though it seems obvious to put in the driver cd, the driver cd says "Wrong version" but using device manager I was able to scan for reinstalls

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/18453-ethernet-not-working-same-passworded-networks.html
Relevancy 43%

So im currently using Windows ultimate -bit My laptop is an Asus f sv-x an older model dating back aug but it works with windows until recently While Asus doesnt officially support this particular model with windows drivers i was able to easily grab the drivers off microsoft Everything worked nice and smooth until a recent windows update that i installed Basically every time i restart or shutdown my pc my ethernet Usb and wireless adapter drivers will not load during startup or start To be more clear i went into device manager only to find out that there are exclamation marks next to the network adapters and USB controllers Each device has the cannot start code http img imageshack us img jpg The funny thing is that if i unistall the drivers or disable enable them they would automatically download from microsoft and it would work Like i said before this would only occur when i restart or shutdown my system It's such a hassle to constantly unistall enable the drivers everytime i restart or wireless controllers working USB not ethernet, and turn on the pc I dont want to reformat because i just prefer not to Any advice out there System specs Asus f sv-x gb DDR Nvidia Geforce m GS WD GB RPM Windows Ultimate -bit

A:ethernet, USB and wireless controllers not working

This happened to me on a fresh install. I had to roll back the ethernet driver and hide the update causeing the problem so it would not happen again. Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34540-ethernet-usb-wireless-controllers-not-working.html
Relevancy 43%

I have an IBM ThinkPad A m In the back where the I O panel is there is an ethernet RJ connector and a regular modem connector I have been able to connect using the modem to internet in the past However the ethernet has never worked I was going through the books that came with the PC and A21m and IBM working Ethernet...Not Thinkpad apparently IBM Thinkpad A21m and Ethernet...Not working the modem and ethernet are on a combo card In the packet there is also a card not installed in th PC It is a Xircom card I did a search online for the serial number and FRU number and this is where it took me http www- ibm com pc support site wss MIGR- PBMN html doctype Product information I know little to nothing about laptop hardware and installation I tried removing all the screws off the laptop but still could not remove the cover Do I need to install this card SHouldnt a laptop espcially an IBm professional series one come with ethernet enabled Am I missing something I would love any ideas on this one I am actually fixing as a favor for someone Thanks in advance nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad A21m and Ethernet...Not working

Here is the home page for that specific adapter:
http://www.intel.com/support/network/xc/adapter/mpci/index.htm

I think I have to install the adapter in the PC but where and how? Do I have to connect any wires to it afterwards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-a21m-and-ethernet-not-working.164501/
Relevancy 43%

I was just browsing the net when all of a sudden internet lost connection.
I am using Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition
I tried these solutions, but didn't work:
---reboot pc
---turn off the modem, wait 10 minutes and turn it back on
---ipconfig /release, /renew in admin mode
---built-in Windows troubleshooting
---updated drivers
---use different ethernet cables

I contacted a floormate (I'm in college) yet his wired internet works. I have tried wireless. It worked.
I have been using the connection for months and this is the first time it has happened.

Here is a screen shot of my ipconfig /all

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/64886220.png/

A:Ethernet suddenly stopped working.

I have tried wireless. It worked.Click to expand...

so your wireless works

can you explain the modem - make and model
why have you a modem if this is a college supplied network -
I contacted a floormate (I'm in college) yet his wired internet works.Click to expand...

the ipconfig /all shows various ips

You may want to try an open dns

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

can you ping the following
Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping 169.233.27.254
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-suddenly-stopped-working.1022174/