Windows Support Forum

Random 1 second disconnects

Q: Random 1 second disconnects

Hello,

My computer randomly disconnects from the internet while gaming, youtubing or emailing etc. My computer is on wired internet and I've tried switching ports and switching cables. I've been searching the internet but I can't find any solution. Is there any way someone could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joey

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random 1 second disconnects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random 1 second disconnects

What were you doing prior to this started happening. You need to make sure you not infected by pest. First remove any Wired ethernet cord from the PC. Run a system virus check set to full scan. Let that run. If nothing turns up. Try setting your PC network adapter to static IP. This means you don't let the router setup the IP.

If that doesn't work then you have a bad network adapter. You could also try downloading newer drivers for your network adapter. Also any firmware updates for your router too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-1-second-disconnects.195335/
Relevancy 52.89%

Long story so grab a cuppa The first time it happened I was told by my ISP to perform an isolation test for a couple of hours I had already done this but to keep them happy I did it again It happened to coincide with midday and my connection stabilised ISP then rang back and said swap your filter so I did About an hour after swapping over the filters the internet was on off on off on off on off on off on off Just to ensure it wasn't another faulty filter I pulled our home phone altogether Disconnects Random it hasn't been reconnected since The Internet over this past week has been stable from midday until Random Disconnects except for yesterday It was stable from midday then dropped out every hour on the hour Then from it was on off on off on off on off on off on off I have to make sure it is nothing on my end to date done a complete reset of my modem put a new telephone cable into my modem router swapped over modem routers and put in yet another new ethernet cable I can walk away from my PC providing it is working if it is not I am like a dog with a bone and I will sit and try to figure out what is going on Below I finally started to keep records of the dropouts - Thursday th July Reboot went to bed The time now is woooooo hoooooo almost midday where I can hopefully get some stability There is an upside to this drama on a Customer Survey I completed I made it quite clear there internet service was appalling at the moment I received a phone call from one of there people who said once a case number had been assigned it has that the normal call out fee of would be waived because I had been a client for so long So now I wait the hours out and as you can see a part of the first hours hasn't been crash hot Then wait for Telstra to come out Okay Bogpond tech came out the lines are all good no sound in them My phone jacks passed they were new As is my ethernet cable I tried my backup modem router same result line kept dropping on and off The modem router I have been using is a Belkin F D au V my backup is a D-Link DSL- T-GenII Before I go out and find a new ISP I was thinking maybe a new modem router might be the way to go I ended up getting a Netgear WNDR N This is under ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB Auto ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB I have no idea what rate the Auto is Okay Netgear Modem Router thought I had the problem licked when I bought it online without dropout a little over hrs Now my Internet connection is back to being a yoyo

A:Random Disconnects

anyone? suggestions ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297334-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ive got this problem whit my internet it randomly disconnect and is down for like a minute and then it comes back up. I dont know how to explain the problem any better. A friend of mine got the same problem. Im using XP and he uses Vista. My router is a THOMSON/Speedtouch ST585.

Tell me if you dident understand, Im from Sweden

Relevancy 52.89%

i know this is an old topic but heck im using chorus ntl broadband in ireland i had an old belkin router back in and it had the same problem getting randomly disconnected when playing games online i was playing frozen throne on battle net where it keeps getting disconnected after - minutes the solution to this problem was to push the reset button on the router i pushed it for about seconds and voila the problems were gone of course i tried several different things before but they didnt work i recently bought a newer belkin router F D - v and while playing team fortress i seem to be facing with the same old problem i thought it might have been caused by my new usb wifi card Belkin F D N Wireless USB Adapter so i tried using the lan cable but it still keep getting disconnected when im playing tf i also tried re-installing the firmware as there was no newer firmware for the router but it still didnt solve the problem so i pushed the reset button on the router and disconnects Random yes it did work for me again hope this helps any of you having the Random disconnects same problem p s when i connect my computer directly to the modem there seem to be no disconnections so i suppose there must be a certain problem between belkin routers and certain modems nbsp

A:Random disconnects

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects.750257/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay, I have this very frustrating problem of disconnects. It started like a week back. At first i thought its my isp/ router but my roommates dont experience any disconnects whatsoever.

I formatted my PC, thinking maybe its a corrupted file somewhere and it worked well for 3 days. No disconnects at all. And now its back.

Its especially frustrating when I am playing an online game, is it my NIC card? software issue or what? any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 52.89%

OMG. i swear im having this same problem my desktop internet cuts off randomly and then turns back on. and i also have a viao laptop. and i think that same router. so any answers to this would be a heaven sent

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects.610240/
Relevancy 52.89%

Logs from when I disconnect.

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.

A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (World of Warcraft)

The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application

msnmsgr (3488) \\.\C:\Users\Whitney\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Messenger\[email protected]\SharingMetadata\Working\database_2A28_9023_288F_EC5F\dfsr.db: The database engine stopped the instance (0).

I am pretty sure this first one is a big reason as to why I keep disconnecting. I got these from the logs from the exact time I lost my connection. Any way to fix this?

A:More random disconnects, joy!

If you're running any P2P applications, this is a common issue.

The limit four TCP connections was changed to 10 in XP-SP2 to minimize the speed that a virus infection could propagate.

The fix? Stop running P2P applications and make sure you don't have a virus infection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-random-disconnects-joy.587808/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I was wondering how somebody could disconnect a network remotely. I play WoW and everytime my arena team gets over a certain rating (2400) either me or my shaman get disconnected. I have played over 2500 games this season without a single dc, and within the past 2 weeks my team has broke 2400 4 times, every single time we break 2400, we end up disconnecting at the exact same time in the next game. There is no way this can be a coincidence and I need to figure out how to prevent whoever (people would pay hundreds ($500+) of dollars to take our spot on the ladder) from dc'ing us.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to figure this out with no real answers.
(Though I did have remote windows desktop enabled)

A:"Random" Disconnects

Hello gooseman,I see that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218508/hijackthis-log-please-analyze/ We do not allow more than one topic for the same computer and the same issue as this causes confusion, and in this case may make the disinfection process more difficult.This leaves you with a choice:1) Have this thread reopened and the HiJack This log topic deletedOR2) Keep this thread closed and wait for assistance in the HiJack This log forum. Please note that that forum is VERY busy.Please send a Private Message indicating your choice.Assuming you wish assistance in the HiJack This forum, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218525/random-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been having a problem for the past month with my internet having seemingly random disconnects I only notice the problem when I'm gaming since it kicks me off and I have to restart the Random Disconnects? client and relog While I have had this happen a few times over the past year in the last month it has been getting worse Monday evening I disconnected times in a row while Random Disconnects? trying to participate in some Random Disconnects? important to me in game activities It may be happening more often than I realize since I do work from home and have long periods of internet inactivity while I am reading editing etc It seems random while in game because it doesn't always happen at the same time I'm not sure if it could be related to the other devices in the house using the wi-fi or what If so why now I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction or help me figure out how to find the problem Thanks so much --- Make and model of computer Windows Home Premium -bit HP p f How the computer is connected wireless or wired Switched to Wired to see if Wireless was the problem no difference Make and model of Router Speedstream F ST Approximate Distance From the router the PC is if its a wireless connection Either way the router is right next to the PC What type of internet you have Dsl Cable T- etc Windstream DSL

A:Random Disconnects?

Here is my MiniToolBox log.
---

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 18-12-2013
Ran by Henrietta (administrator) on 02-01-2014 at 13:03:07
Running from "C:\Users\Henrietta\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ============================== 

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ============================== 

"network.proxy.type", 0

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller = Local Area Connection (Connected)
802.11n Wireless LAN Card = Wireless Network Connection (Hardware not present)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
add route prefix=169.254.0.0/16 interface="iftype0_0" nexthop=192.168.254.3 metric=1 publish=Yes
add route prefix=169.254.0.0/16 interface="iftype0_0" nexthop=192.168.254.1 metric=1 publish=Yes

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Henrietta-HP
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . : 
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Home

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : Home
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 78-E7-D1-CC-96-A7
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1438:731a:19f1:f6a7%10(Preferred) 
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.1(Preferred) 
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:25:18 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, June 25, 2021 2:25:19 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 259581905
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-35-D9-A9-78-E7-D1-CC-96-A7
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.Home:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : Home
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : 
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Au... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519370/random-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.89%

Experts can you help me We have several devices in the household that use our wireless router All seem to connect ok all of the time except this computer This computer works fine most of the time but I get random disconnects I can solve it instantly by disabling and then renabling the adapter I Random Disconnects have tried putting a direct wired connection to the route on the computer but the problem of disconnects has remained I note that in the event viewer when a disconnect happens I get the following message Name resolution for the name Random Disconnects csi gstatic com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded The web address above is just an example it happens for whatever I am looking at when the disconnect happens The event ID is I have done various things many of which I cant even remember now including the default DNS server value I am suspecting that there might be a memory issue or a motherboard issue Does anyone know anything else I might be able to try Many thanks

A:Random Disconnects

If it's a motherboard issue...you may be able to circumvent it by simply replacing or adding the wireless adapter.

The fact that other systems have no problems seemingly indicates that the problem lies with your system.

A new adapter would allow focusing on whether it's a motherboard problem or not.  A wired connection would probably do the same.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553284/random-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm not disconnects Random sure how much this actually has to do with windows as it does just my connection Basically the problem is that my connection randomly drops every or so minutes When I go into my browser during one of these disconnects the webpage comes up and the connection is restored I play online games and use messenger and whenever these drops happen both disconnect or messenger disconnects and the online game laggs out until connect is restored and gives me a k ping I have NO idea what could be causing this I have unchecked the power management thing but that's about it Check system specs for information I attempted to use the card from Newegg com - D-Link DWA- IEEE n amp draft amp IEEE g IEEE b PCI Express Xtreme Desktop Adapter Wired Equivalent Privacy amp WEP amp Wi-Fi Protected Access amp WPA WPA amp - Wireless Adapters to replace my old one which was giving me problems but windows didn't seem to find it It tries to install default drivers but it gives a no driver found error which is has been doing with a lot of stuff says something bout Random disconnects a line no Random disconnects found in the inf Then when I try to install the drivers from the software it appears under device manager but the card can't find any networks Note that I'm not sure if it's a range problem but at the end of the installation when the wizard appears it tells me that it can't locate the card Random disconnects and to insert it now I click ok even though the card is already in PCIe - and then nothing really happens It says it's working fine under the device manager and wireless adapter menus The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is that I am using the RTM of windows as opposed to the retail OEM versions

That adapter is a bit old but Microsoft says it's "compatible".

When you installed the adapter, did you install drivers first, or after Windows detected it? Some products must have the drivers installed prior to physically connecting it so that Windows gets the right one.

The instructions for the adapter will tell you the proper procedure.

Also, what wireless router are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51562-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I randomly disconnect from my internet a lot recently, and i have no idea why. I've tried resetting the router, restarting my net, and i can't call verizon because their people NEVER seem to help me. It's been going on for a few weeks, and many times during the day. It's very sporadic, and i have no idea how to solve it. If anyone has any feedback i'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Relevancy 52.89%

For the past few months now, it seems that my cable modem is randomly dropping my connection. The weird thing is I can still ping using the IP address and FQDN names, but cannot browse the internet (So I am guessing it's not going to be my local DNS server). Nor can it be the modem or router because I am able to ping websites. These random outages usually last anywhere from 1-2 mins, afterwards my connection to the internet is reestablished. This problem seems to occur when making multiple requests, IE: When I click on a link and it doesn't load fast enough or redirects me to another web page, I will keep clicking until the web page I am requesting comes up, and that is usually when I am disconnected from the internet (Yeah, I know, lack of patience). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone, for the past few weeks whenever I access the internet, whether or not directly connected to my modem, or with a router, I experience random disconnects, and sometimes it will show a "cable disconnected" message for a few seconds, then go away. At other times, I need to disable the internet and reconnect it, then wait a minute to get it to work again. This happens sometimes every 5 minutes to once every hour.

I am on an ADSL connection, ISP is Telus, using a D-Link DSL-300G ADSL Modem.

I think it could be too old for use, as it is always very hot in temperature, and probably about 2-3 years old now. I would really appriciate help on this, it sucks when I play online games and get dropped every game. If anyone can think of info that might help diagnose the problem, just ask and i'll provide.

Thanks!

A:Random internet disconnects, Please help!

Sounds like you have modem or ISP issues. It could also be a failing NIC in your machine, and a long shot would be the cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-internet-disconnects-please-help.623743/
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a D-Link DLS-264R Adsl Router and i keep getting diconnected randomly from the internet. Some times its ofter like every half hour other times is hours. I had windows Vista then upgraded to windows 7 and it did it on both operating systems. When i do loose my internet i dont think i loose it on the router as all the light are on as normal. Im connected through a ethernat cable and changed that to see if that was the problem and its not im wondering if its the router or my computer.

Relevancy 52.03%

So I reformatted my dad's comp. I get into windows for the first time and go straight to nvidia's site to get the video drivers. So I get them, install, and restart. Within a few seconds of starting up I see the GOD DAMN wormblaster window popup, along with a few other popup's talkin about my registry being corrupt (ya know... the blatantly obvious malicious popups). So I restart and dl the wormblaster fix. I restart his comp and all is good except the random popups still. So I go back to my comp to dl an antivirus program and now my internet is randomly disconnecting! I tried system restore, looking for any crap in the windows task manager, and don't know what else to do... anyone have any bright ideas? I tried to dl the AVG Antivirus 7.5 but when my net disconnects the download freezes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-internet-disconnects.560978/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello people of Techguy I didn t know which forum to go to so I decided I d try here because that s all I really use my internet for I m and frequent Random disconnects here because I randomly disconnect a lot and it s random Somedays I ll disconnect from every other game on my xbox playing Random and frequent disconnects black ops Sometimes I ll even disconnect times from the same match Back when I played WoW I would disconnect the same way It is Random and frequent disconnects very annoying and when we first got our internet connection it never happened ever What can I do to fix it I emailed comcast and they said my internet connection was fine and that if I was using a router I shouldn t SO I unplugged the router and plugged the internet cable straight to the xbox and it still had problems Then my cousin comes home for thanksgiving break and somehow fixes it for a whole day I have no idea how he did it but again it started disconnecting I will deeply appreciate any help from you men and women nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-and-frequent-disconnects.967126/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok I am so stumped and hope someone can help I am Technology Director for a public internet Random disconnects the from school system All of our vista machines began randomly disconnecting from the internet this week Local network connection is fine but can't connect to the internet We believe it has something to do with the fact that one of our domain controllers crashed and was removed earlier this week When the disconnect happens you can disable enable the connection and it will connect again only to disconnect in a matter of minutes This happens with wired or wireless Now here is the wierd thing if we assign a static ip in our ip range which is the range of ips in our DHCP server same problem but if we assign an ip in the range no problem it stays connected all day I don't know if this is a related issue or not but I also noticed that occasionally after disable enable is performed the local connection and the wireless connections are both named network I Random disconnects from the internet noticed this on two of our vista machines at the same time and another time it would read the local connection as the wireless connection Crazy I know Our networking administrator worked on this all morning and thought he stumble on a solution He found traces of the crashed server and deleted them I think in active directory It seemed to have fixed it at first I was able to stay connected for about hours but before the leaving work for the day it began again I have no problems at home and none of our xp machines are experiencing problems I also remove myself from the domain and renamed my computer same problem Flushed DNS no fix During the disconnected times We can ping all of inside server but can not ping outside I feel certian that it has something to do with our now missing server but I don't know enough about the server end of networking to figure it out and quit frankly I believe this is the wierdest thing I have ever had to trouble shoot Any help or Ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/180757-random-disconnects-internet.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop has suddenly developed a problem. It will randomly disconnect from the stable wifi connection I have. I have observed the router when this happens and it is not the router as the signal is always there. It will disconnect and then about a minute later auto reconnect. A week ago I came back to my laptop and it wanted me to choose if LOV53 ( my wifi connect name) was a home or public connection. I didn't understand why it asked this again but I choose home. Another thing that has changed, My network use to say connected to LOV53 now it says LOV53 2. Maybee the channel changed I dont know. If anyone can figure out why this has happened and help me repair it I will worship you. I have all my drivers up to date also ... Thnk YOu in Advance for the halp

Relevancy 52.03%

I get this error while playing and it disconnects me.

This is the error:

"Disconnect: ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame (check sending and receiving code for mismatches)!"

I get it atleast 3 times a game, and sometimes it happens right after I rejoin..
VERY annoying..

I am running win xp, nvidia geforce fx5200 vid card, amd athlon 2000+ processor. All my drivers and directx are up to date.

What's up with it? How can I fix it?

Thx for any help .

A:CS: Source random disconnects

Some searching later, this issue appears to be a problem with linksys routers. Downgrading the firmware appears to be a solution. Some discussion is here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/foru...nnect+ProcessUsercmds+Incorrect+reading+frame

If you're not using a router or something else, let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cs-source-random-disconnects.365571/
Relevancy 52.03%

I m on Windows XP using an ethernet cable to connect to my ISP Since last night my internet connection has been randomly dropping I don t see any local area disconnected or such messages all the lights on my router remain on indicating that it didn t get disconnected however I can t browse any sites I get disconnected from google talk etc Restarting the computer fixes it for the moment but sometime later it will dc like that again Waiting for - mins also fixes it There s no pattern to the disconnects they happened - times yesterday then it remained fine for a few hours Then this morning it remained fine for - hours until disconnecting again It could be an issue with my ISP and I ve internet Random Help! disconnects already contacted them to look into it i ll hear back tomorrow but because restarting the computer fixes it I think it could Help! Random internet disconnects be on my side I have Avast Anti virus always kept updated and ZoneAlarm firewall Any ideas Can I post a Hijack this log or any other log that you guys can look at and tell me if it might be something on my side Thanks

A:Help! Random internet disconnects

It could be an issue with my ISP, and I've already contacted them to look into it (i'll hear back tomorrow), but because restarting the computer fixes it, I think it could be on my side.If there is no problem with the ISP then uninstall zone alarm firewall.Zone alarm is known to cause internet issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468229/help-random-internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I recently started having problems with my internet connection where I ll be online game or random browsing and I will randomly be disconnected I am hardwired through a wireless router The most I run at one time would be Ventrilo website in background Random internet disconnects and WoW and this has never happened before until a couple of days ago I attempted to switch ports and still same results I thought maybe it was the NVidia nForce Networking Controller and the WoW support forums suggested I go in Device Manager gt Advanced Tab gt Checksum Offload - Disabled Speed duplex Setting - Force Full Duplex --- It also recommended I turn off the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot option I have done all this and to no avail The NVidia nForce Networking Random internet disconnects Controller verison is I am at a loss as to what to do from here on Let me know what information I can provide to help solve this Thank you p s - This took me minutes to write while I was dropped here and there randomly the irony nbsp

A:Random internet disconnects

Easiest thing to do is try being connected directly to the modem (bypass the router) or get another router and see if the same thing happens. I had this issue about a year ago, replaced my router and it's been solid since then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-disconnects.153444/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Several days ago I started experiencing these Random Disconnects Internet weird frequent disconnects They last for seconds Random Internet Disconnects up to a minute and they seem to be occurring randomly perhaps - times per hour I first put the blame on the router but even after connecting my computer directly to the modem the problems persisted Next my suspicions were aimed at my ISP but there seemed to be no faults or maintenance work being done over there so I connected another of my computers to the modem instead and to my surprise everything was working and the disconnects had disappeared After hours I connected internet to my usual computer instead and internet started disconnecting again So obviously my computer is the culprit but I've scanned it with many anti-virus programs and nothing turns up I'm at a loss here - can someone help me out Thanks in advance link to hijackthis log in case it might help http www bleepingcomputer com forums t strange-disconnectsrelated-to-another-topic

A:Random Internet Disconnects

Please refrain from asking for help from other members or staff until the HJT Team has checked your posted log. The HJT Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort so we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. The HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.Thanks for your cooperation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164521/random-internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well i think i got a virus about a week ago and pretty much It disconnects the internet every - mins And also reboots the computers and random times with Random Disconnects/ Minidump quot Minidump quot as the cause Also its done random things like block Google com so i have to go and delete the hosts file Heres my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows Random Disconnects/ Minidump system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system spoolsv exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents cpqalert exe C Windows Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CPQWEB WebDmi exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks nalntsrv exe C Windows System NMSSvc exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks RemoteManagement RMAgent WolSerNT exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks RemoteManagement RMAgent ZenRem exe C Windows System svchost exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents Dmi Win bin Win sl exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks wm exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ cpqdmi exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files COMPAQ Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C Windows System PROMon exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXE C Windows System dpmw exe C Windows System NWTRAY EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Novell ZENworks NALDESK EXE C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEAKSYSTEMTRAY EXE C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings paul Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files COMPAQ Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run ChkAdmin C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXE O - HKLM Run NDPS C Windows System dpmw exe O - HKLM Run ZENRC Tray Icon C Windows System zentray exe O - HKLM Run NWTRAY NWTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM RunServices CPQDFWAG C Windows Cpqdiag CpqDfwAg exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run Creative WebCam ... Read more

A:Random Disconnects/ Minidump

Hello and welcome to TSF. I apologize for the delay in responding to your log.

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download Combofix-Save it to your Desktop.

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-disconnects-minidump-168170.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I keep getting my internet randomly disconnected for 2 seconds or so then reconnects. I don't know what info you need so just ask and ill try to tell you what I can.

A:Random internet disconnects!

Can't find where to edit, but to add a little more detail, this is what happens. Every so often It says on the bottom right hand corner of my screen something along the lines of "Local Area Connection Unplugged" and after about 10 seconds it recconnects. What could be the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/random-internet-disconnects-180916.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I'm new here, so bear with me.

Basically, my internet just cuts out, seems random, it's been happening for a while.

For example, sometimes with games in steam, the "server is not responding" message comes up, then the whole internet stops working, for around 5 minutes, sometimes longer, i usually have to reset my router. My ISP is "tiscali" (UK)

If anyone can help me, i will be eternally grateful. if you need any more information, i can post it.

thanks,

Teeps

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my verizon dsl internet connection. It disconnects randomly with the dsl light on my modem blinking green. I usually I turn the button on the modem off an then back on and that brings it back(until it disconnects again). This has been going on for about 5 days and off on for many months now. I was thinking maybe the issue is that my dsl filter on my landline(a cordless phone) might be too old because we hear some static on the line, its over 5 years old. I don't use a filter on the line that goes into my modem, I use a Toshiba Satellite L355D Laptop using Windows Vista. Any thoughts?

A:Random Internet disconnects

With your symptoms I'd certainly put the filter at the top of the suspect list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-internet-disconnects.1007220/
Relevancy 52.03%

My home internet CONSTANTLY keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random intervals It seems like it is fine for a while a couple hours or so then I get disconnected times within minutes As I wrote this it actually went out again However the browsers I have open continue to work but any new ones I open don t work I have tried resetting my router and modem many times and changing all Random Disconnects Constant the cords etc The disconnects happen regardless of wireless or wired on multiple computers laptops I reset my router back to factory settings but the disconnects still happen Updated all drivers and firmware for the router dlink WBR- I ve tried flushing the DNS and using alternative DNS servers Such as OpenDNS The problems with my internet have been happening for quite a while but have worsened Constant Random Disconnects recently I am completely at a loss of what to do I think I have narrowed the problem down to one of three things A faulty modem faulty wiring in the house or a problem with the ISP itself OS Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daman-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek Extensible b g Wireles s Device Physical Address - - - - C-CE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-BC- - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D B B- A - - C - D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB -D - -B - F D BF br DBA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I just moved to a new rural city and Centurylink DSL is the only option for internet I just had it installed on Monday and have had problems immediately The two main problems are this My computer is connected wirelessly but cannot seem to connect my mobile devices My phone and my Google Nexus both try to obtain IP address and then immediately disconnect and try to reconnect over and over Strangely my Kindle Fire didn t seem to Random Disconnects Centurylink have a problem I ve found that when I am playing a game Team Fortress and World of Warcraft and sometimes even watching a video on youtube I will lose connection and get booted from my game or have to restart the video The lights on the modem don t change and the modem itself does not disconnect or reboot I seem to have internet service immediately after but I get a hiccup probably once every minutes that makes games unplayable Can you give me any advice or direction What other information do you need The modem is a Centurylink modem model number PK Z Thank you very much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Recently, I opened some ports and then closed them, specifically 39063-36906. I use a linksys router -- BEFSR41. My brother's on the same network. He was using those ports for something, so I opened and enabled them with the application & gaming section of the router's website. Afterwards, I opened port 1234 for my ip only and now the internet is acting very strange. It says "A local cable has been unplugged." or something of that liking periodically. I'm going to try and leave the router unplugged overnight and see if it's just overheating or something of that liking. If somebody has experienced a similar problem or knows a way to fix this (that doesn't involve my solution) please help. I'll check back in the morning.

Thank you all very much. I've had great experiences with these forums in the past. I hope I can have another.

Relevancy 52.03%

Recently I ve been experiencing random disconnects My setup is a Actiontec Q with QAQ - L modem router that talks to qwest Then I connect to a linksys router WRT G I connect directly to the linksys router with an ethernet cable but my family connects to it wirelessly I ran a constant ping to my modem and to google and on the random disconnect the Actiontec Q gets a huge ms response time but then it resumes normally and I get ping timeouts to google Windows will say quot no internet connection available quot Not sure if it makes a difference but I had google timeout times during my constant pings Nobody else is connected when every minutes disconnects to 2 Random 30 it does this random disconnects so I m not sure what s causing it I ve tried Random disconnects every 2 to 30 minutes a lot of things from changing and flushing my dns connecting directly to the modem turning off QoS firewall settings but nothing seems to work Any ideas on how to solve this nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello up until now my internet connection has been fine using a wireless USB adapter to connect to my BT Home Hub router that is downstairs in my house A friend wanted me to download a game i had trouble disconnects Random wireless connecting to the game and one of the possible fixes of this was widely supported as Random wireless disconnects quot a working fix quot which involved these steps open up windows search bar search for services msc then press enter In the list of services scroll down to quot UPnP Device Random wireless disconnects Host quot click it and press quot Random wireless disconnects Stop service quot Now do the same thing but with the service quot SSDP Discovery quot Exit the window and go to control panel- gt Network and Internet- gt Network and Sharing Centre- gt Change advanced sharing settings to the left - gt Under quot network discovery quot select to turn off network discovery SAVE CHANGE In hindsight i should not of been messing around with internet settings but whats done is done doing these steps did nothing for me so i reverted them re-enabled SSDP Discovery for me UPnP Device Host was already stopped as a service so i did not have to do that step only now after reverting these steps im getting random disconnection issues from my connection to my router every few minutes im thinking that when changing SSDP Discovery back from stopped to started it did not enable disable everything that i did originally when i stopped it any thoughts note it has not caused me to not be able to reconnect to my internet they are just random few second disconnects it reconnects itself a few seconds after the disconnect and carries on working perfectly fine until the next disconnect which is usually less than a few minutes later nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-wireless-disconnects.1127118/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well, it's not completely random.

I've had this problem for a while, but recently, I've been getting disconnects when browsing the web or downloading. What (I think) the problem is that my ISP has some anti-piracy protection in place and it's affecting my normal browsing. NOTE: I have never pirated anything.

It's most often that when I'm browsing a site with a lot of pictures from different sources. Namely myspace.

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a problem with my internet stopping every 10 minutes or so for 10-20 seconds. I have a Windows Xp sp2 running on a HP pavilion laptop. I don't know what information I should provide, I can give more information though if it is a specific case. I have already tried disk defrag and disk cleanup, a registry cleanup, and a virus scan on AVG that turned up nothing. I don't know what is wrong, can anyone please help me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178128/random-internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys I have had a recent problem with a new xfinity router I just got where my Inspiron computer running Windows is connected to the router but says no internet access This happens often when I am browsing the web or watching a video but not so much when I am not using the internet Wifi Disconnects Random The problem fixes itself usually in Random Wifi Disconnects about minute or so or I can disconnect and reconnect to the router to fix it I also have a problem where my laptop disconnects from the router every time I shut the case I open the laptop again and a little popup shows up in the bottom left saying that no network adapter can be found and the network thing on the task bar says no network connections can be found This goes away after maybe seconds or so but the laptop does not connect to the wifi again until i tell it to Neither of these seem to happen on other devices connected to the router Thanks for all comments nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I get randomly disconnected from internet. Pages simply won't load and stay white . Restarting Pc one or twice works sometimes.
It does not happen in middle of browsing but after i close browser.
There is not really much information i can give. No error messages or anything.

A:Random disconnects from internet.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Is this a wired or wireless issue? Have you tried both connection?

We can start off with something simple for now - Disable the Network Adapter's Power Management from Device Manager might help, please see attached file. If this didn't help at all please let us know and we'll move on to the next tasks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244628-random-disconnects-internet.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone I m running Frontier internet not of my own choice and everything was working decently for several months until the past few weeks Disconnects Wireless Random My Random Wireless Disconnects internet keeps disconnecting for absolutely no reason from Random Wireless Disconnects anywhere from seconds to several minutes Here recently it s been getting worse and has led me to post this I disconnect every five or so minutes usually for Random Wireless Disconnects - seconds which makes any sort of gaming impossible and i can tell that it never stops because sometimes if i watch a stream it will stop for a while and then come back picking up wherever it happens to be when my connection picks back up The strange thing is that with the short disconnects which is almost always what i get with the exception of a few times tonight my computer says that i m still connected to the internet with a very good connection It still shows that it is connected to the internet but i literally can do nothing until it picks back up My internet just hiccups or something I m using a linksys WRT G Version router I really cannot figure out anything and it s been so frustrating because anytime i need or want to do something involving the internet it is a nightmare to work with I d really appreciate any help that can be put forth Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

my computer is upstairs with a PCI wireless G linksys card in it. the router downstairs is a WRT G router linksys. i will get about 36-54mbps most of the time and the speed is great, but randomly maybe every 5-20 minutes it will disconnect for like 5 seconds and reconnect to the network, which of course causes a lot of lag in games and will make webpages not load during the reconnect. there is a computer upstairs also 1 room away which has the same setup and gets perfect signal never disconnects. what could be the problem, is my wireless card bad? its only a year old. ive tried changing the channel settings like the linksys site reccomends but it doesnt help

A:random network disconnects

Here's a possibility:

Try this:

1. Click start button
2. Click "My Network Places"
3. Right-click and click on "Properties"
4. Right-click on "Local Area Connection" and click on "Properties"
5. click on the "Authentication" tab
6. Uncheck "Enable network access control using IEEE 802.1X"
7. Click "OK"
Are you using Windows XP's WZC to manage the connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-network-disconnects.528770/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I was wandering if any of you kind people may be able to shed some light onto a problem I have been having for a while now I am using windows XP and opening up new windows or tabs especially ones with pictures or hig content eg facebook youtube pushes the cpu usage extremely high Randomly but guaranteed the pc will freeze up as if it is thinking then one of things occurs It will freeze meaning I have to manually switch CPU disconnects 100% Random + Net freezes the pc off The net will disconnect at which point I can reconnect it CPU 100% Net disconnects + Random freezes and carry on I have tried COMBO FIX and a few malware programmes to see if they found anything I have tried rolling the pc back a few months to when it didnt happen - no luck Ive de fragged disk checked whiped old programmes etc I dont think its the memory I currently have MB of ram and dont run much on the pc Its not the internet either we have another pc that works fine and the xbox hooked up which neither ever log off Any help in the right direction would be appreciated Thanks Matty

A:CPU 100% Net disconnects + Random freezes

1) Which process is spiking (open task manager and sort on the cpu column)?
2) What happens in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388477/cpu-100-net-disconnects-random-freezes/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have for a while now occasionally been using the internet, and have my computer randomly disconnect from the internet. This doesn't happen to anyone else in my house (we have 4 computers all connected by cable). I wonder if this is an ethernet cable issue, but I was wondering if there were any other possibilities.

Any help given would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-from-the-network.606161/
Relevancy 52.03%

A recently purchased Windows 7 laptop is working fine apart from very annoying random disconnections from the internet. I use the computer about twice a week and tends to be on for about 8 hour sessions, during which time internet is typically lost 1-3 times. Turning the router on and off re-establishes connection. The Windows troubleshooting software says "The default gateway is not available" whatever that may mean. The router is a 2-3 year old netgear cabled model, but worked prefectly with previous vista computers - problem only began when I switched to windows 7.

A:random internet disconnects

Have you also rebooted your modem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/random-internet-disconnects-583799.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just built a new computer recently and it is running great with one big exception, I keep getting randomly disconnected from my wireless internet connection. I do not believe it has anything to do with signal strength because my laptop right next to my rig never has this issue of connectivity. Also seeing as it is a new comp it is not an issue of any malware ect. If i had to guess i would say the wireless card i got is the issue. It was a last minute purchase and cost about 20 dollars. My question is how do I uncover if the wireless card is the culprit and if it is what steps do i take to fix/replace it?

A:Random disconnects from Internet

See if there is a newer driver. If so, uninstall the old one through Programs and Features and install the new one. Of course, make sure it is compatible with your version of Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-disconnects-from-internet.178963/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have from disconnects the Internet. Random recently been experiencing disconnects from the internet at random times and its out for about seconds then it works fine again I found a worm or something with spybot but have still be experiencing D Cs so i made a HJT log I have no idea what to look for so i came here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Random disconnects from the Internet. Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x n te n teHid exe C Program Files x n te n teTra exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender Antispam IEToolbar dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Jomantha quot C Program Files x n te n teHid exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run Windo... Read more

A:Random disconnects from the Internet.

PS im running vista home premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-from-the-internet.859421/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My first post here so hopefully I explain well and follow procedure.

We are on a large network, AD, etc. No roaming profiles.

I have a network drive that 3 employees connect to. One employee has no trouble with it. The other two have it randomly disconnect several times a week. The network drive just comes disappears. It does not happen after a reboot or any specific event. It appears completely random.

I have no error messages to provide information unfortunately.

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks!

Relevancy 51.6%

New user here I have an acer aspire g running windows bit Acer provided free upgrade from vista disconnects reconnects and internet Random a couple months ago Got the laptop back last july Just recently though i have been getting a lot Random internet disconnects and reconnects of random internet disconnects about every - minutes I initially had a netgear router setup I tried Random internet disconnects and reconnects using the wifi from it only instead of direct wire and same thing happens I then directly connected my laptop to my comcast modem and the same thing still happens When it disconnects the network and sharing center shows me still connected to the network but on the line going to internet there is an X on it and i am cut off from internet for about seconds to infinity at which time i restart the laptop and it usually fixes itself I turned off the homegroup which hasnt done anything and the wifi and ethernet drivers are both up to date So at this point its either my comcast which I still am trying to test out with my old computer loaded with xp or my laptop with which I have no idea what to do with other than try it with someone else's internet I think its the laptop Sorry for sloppy english Any questions about system and I should be able to find it out

A:Random internet disconnects and reconnects

Take this question to http://www.dslreports.com, find the Comcast HSI forum, and repost your question there. This might well be a signal level problem with your comcast connection. Your modem signal levels can be found at 192.168.100.1 entered into your browser address bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/73985-random-internet-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Now that a Random Theres Disconnects internet!!! my ghost in i got your attention I ll be surfing the net when suddenly i ll start getting server can t connect or my connection icon will say cable unplugged or no connection This happens all the time and is pretty random I then disable and re-enable the connection then diagnose it until it starts working again I also reset the cable modem and restart the computer Even though - minutes later it will do it again Sometimes it ll go an hour without doing this but it happens Theres a ghost in my internet!!! Random Disconnects all the time and it is very frustrating I want to find out what is causing it and prevent it in the future All help is appreciated I gave the Theres a ghost in my internet!!! Random Disconnects info i think may be useful if you need anything else let me know Windows Firefox Comcast ISP connected by cable modem Nvidia nForce Mbps Ethernet Ping Line Quality - http www dslreports com linequality a ----- st reply - ipconfig all results when connected ----- nd reply - ping results when connected nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

hello Im new to this forum and I have been having problems with my new router I decided to purchase a new one after having our old smc one since we first got cable internet There were no problems with the old one except holding back the actual cable speed The new router is a Dlink EBR- model and isp is Comcast cable The connection is hooked up to computers and occasionally a gaming console Xbox live runs great but the two computers disconnect and reconnect randomly anywhere from - times a day It is off for about anywhere from new disconnects/reconnects router random - min and then returns without me having to do anything This is a WIRED connection The firmware on the router is up to date I tried setting up static ips and the same thing happens even worse I ve tried replacing the new router random disconnects/reconnects router and the same problem still occurs any help would be appreciated since it is an annoyance Other weird problems with new router downloads from sites like rapidshare are unusually slow - k bs downloading torrent files often triggers a disconnect thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I just reformatted and reinstalled XP Home a couple weeks ago because I had been neglecting the system for a while and all the background stuff was getting messy On this installation for some reason every once in a while as I am using my internet connection I abruptly lose contact There is no sign of it like lag or errors It just suddenly won t load pages send email or whatever I was in the middle of However the local area connection says that it is still connected If I of disconnects install fresh Random in XP disable it and reenable it the connection returns Besides installing a few simple applications a couple games and drivers for my sound video SATA and network I ve done nothing to Random disconnects in fresh install of XP the system I ve tried reinstalling the network driver Nothing suspicious is running in the background And it only seems to happen when I am actively connected Random disconnects in fresh install of XP to the internet like browsing web pages or playing an online game I ve set things up enough that really don t want to just reformat again without checking every possible solution first I m on a campus LAN and nobody else around me has any issues Any suggestions nbsp

A:Random disconnects in fresh install of XP

Have you a firewall?
It could be crap LAN drivers!

More info about your Network setup is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-in-fresh-install-of-xp.454784/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone this is my first time here so please bare wireless HP random disconnects/reconnects with me I have filled in my system specs as best I could At this point I don't know if I have one problem or two First the laptop HP wireless random disconnects/reconnects will randomly begin reconnecting to my wireless network I am the only one on it and none close by It will do this very rapidly then freeze with a blank screen I hit the enter key and the site pops up right away and the computer settles down until the next time In addition randomly when I pick any shortcut on my desktop all the icons begin to blink rapidly and do not begin to search for its address As soon as I hit the enter key then blinking stops which ever shortcut I choose works until the rapid connect reconnect starts again I have updated the drivers for my network adapter and my router I've done malware scans registery scans including windows registery virus scans memory checks bios checks and updates uninstalled reinstalled my router drivers reset the router did a hard computer reboot Nothing helps PLEASE HELP

A:HP wireless random disconnects/reconnects

Hi and Welcome to Seven Forums!

You did well on filling out your computer specs as I see that you have a Norton security installed. Have you also tried uninstalling Norton by using the Removal Tool, make sure that you follow the directions if you wish to re-install Norton later on when your issue has been resolved.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336526-hp-wireless-random-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I keep losing internet on two laptops and a tablet Sometimes I see that Chrome hangs on quot resolving host quot other times I it goes right to THIS PAGE CANNOT BE Displayed on IE or THIS WEBPAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE Chrome I tried quot ipconfig flushdns quot and chrome net-internals dns then quot clear host cache quot The two laptops have intermittent connectivity the tablet has Internet Solved: Random disconnects from been offline in a few days Solved: Random disconnects from Internet These scans are from my main laptop Here s Adwcleaner logfile after cleaning AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows x Username Rich - RICHSPC Running from C Users Rich Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Cleaning Services Files Folders Scheduled tasks Shortcuts Registry Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions bmiabdepfhhiieiipmeecdmeljggmfee Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Google Chrome Extensions bmiabdepfhhiieiipmeecdmeljggmfee Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes AppID D AB - - A-B D -BD E DEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID D - D - B- - B C AE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC FFE Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib FE - C A- C - FC - FC A Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC EEE Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface EEF -A AC- A D-AA C- ED AC FFE Key Deleted x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes FA -DE - -AF -B E B F Key Deleted x HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes B FCA -D FB- FE - AFD- E CF Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes FA -DE - -AF -B E B F Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AFBCB E -F A- - F - FEE A C Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes B FCA -D FB- FE - AFD- E CF Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AE A -B DE- C -A E- B FFA Key Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes fa -de - -af -b e b f Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AE A -B DE- C -A E- B FFA Key Deleted x HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes A A -AAF - - - E B Key Deleted HKCU Software Myfree Codec Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Myfree Codec Data Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer - hxxp hxxps Data Deleted HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride - localhost lt local gt Web browsers - Internet Explorer v - Google Chrome v C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp www ask com web q searchTerms C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp www ask com web amp o amp l dis amp q SEARCHTERMS C Users Rich AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web Data - Deleted Search Provider hxxp search aol com aol search q searchTerms AdwCleaner R txt - bytes - AdwCleaner S txt - bytes - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - bytes Here s result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rich gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RichsPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd co comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -FD- - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS... Read more

A:Solved: Random disconnects from Internet

Nevermind......I'll post again later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-random-disconnects-from-internet.1151638/
Relevancy 51.6%

Yesterday, when I was viewing youtube videos, I noticed that the videos stop loading at random parts of the videos making me have to reload the page a few times to get it load. Today when I was playing an online game (not on a browser) 5 minutes after connecting, it said I had been disconnected. Other programs that use an internet connection also have the same problem. Also, when I try to download something, the program stops downloading randomly. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strange problem here the computer I have running keeps having network problems I - random working then network again disconnects had a similar problem with a laptop but since it wasnt really an issue I never solved it check my other posts - I think this might be because of windows which both computers have first I am using this for gaming and mining it happens all the time but I cant figure out the reason why and I think its windows because I had windows before and never noticed this problem although it could have happened I didnt use the computer much for that time I just got windows later because I was using a copy random network disconnects - then working again of windows that wasnt registered and I decided to buy windows so I could play games and actually use the computer for something other than mining here is a little info about what happens what I mean by it quot goes out quot is the mining software will report it cant connect to the server - or multiplayer online game goes offline - or the internet stops working while i am using it the network icon lower right corner is still normal then it will get the yellow triangle I try the internet and its not working I can unplug the cable and replug it in and it starts working again or it will start working again after a few minutes or a few hours if I do nothing here is some info about the setup other wired computers work fine I have tested cables and even switched around cables with no change speed test on all computers except for the problem one is - mbps down from comcast network transfer speeds across all computers and servers are really fast except for this computer this is random it can go out from time to time and come back within a few minutes to a few hours - or I can unplug the cable and plug it back in and it works right away first of all I have noticed the network speed was slow when downloading stuff so I did a speed test and only got mbps or sometimes - mbps I have - mbps from comcast when tested on my other computers I have computers next to each other is windows and is windows windows says internet speed is - mbps - windows computer says its mbps or sometimes - mbps replaced all network cables and swept tested them they all work fine here is what I need to figure out how to log all network info to see if there is a pattern to this outage event viewer is hard to figure out it seems changed from the last time i used it in the XP days how can I see only network stuff

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46107-random-network-disconnects-then-working-again.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys Just wondering if you could help me out with a little at times. Disconnects Random Internet problem that I've had with my computer ever since I upgraded from Windows Internet Disconnects at Random times. Vista to Windows I have a motherboard with two network jacks but I only use one They Internet Disconnects at Random times. use the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller driver see attached which was installed when I had Vista I think upgrading to caused a small incompatibility with this driver A little more about the problem it seemingly happens randomly but when it does happen it seems to go through a phase of breaking again soon after I fix it by running Diagnostic which simply resets my router By the way my computer is hooked up to a NETGEAR router which is serving some other people's wireless laptops It seems to happen when I use a variety of internet-using programs at once like FTP clients and Firefox I don't really know how much more information you need any ideas on how to fix this

A:Internet Disconnects at Random times.

Quote: Originally Posted by dwieeb

Hi guys,
Just wondering if you could help me out with a little problem that I've had with my computer ever since I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7.

I have a motherboard with two network jacks, but I only use one. They use the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller driver (see attached) which was installed when I had Vista. I think upgrading to 7 caused a small incompatibility with this driver.

A little more about the problem, it seemingly happens randomly, but when it does happen, it seems to go through a phase of breaking again soon after I fix it by running Diagnostic which simply resets my router. By the way my computer is hooked up to a NETGEAR router which is serving some other people's wireless laptops. It seems to happen when I use a variety of internet-using programs at once like FTP clients and Firefox.

I don't really know how much more information you need, any ideas on how to fix this?

Both devices seem to be installed correctly and working. I would systect that homegroup ma be causing your problem. you can verify that by setting up a new connection using workgroup. if it works you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/74304-internet-disconnects-random-times.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Good day. Recently I have been experiencing web pages loading slowly and sometimes not opening at all. Also, I get disconnected randomly but my modem will stay online. Of all the scans I think that RK was the only one that detected anything but I will include the other scans as well.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/slow-loading-and-random-disconnects.309878/
Relevancy 51.6%

My setup is as follows internet gt modem disconnects. Random inside traceroute SB gt router archer C- gt computers one directly to router one via line of Random disconnects. traceroute inside sight wireless and one with a powerline Powerline Nano I keep getting drops of connection throughout the day and night that will cause me to lose connection to video games World of Warcraft Hearthstone and i ll sometimes see a jump in video quality while watching netflix the drop from HD to non is noticeable These drops happen on the wifi computer and the powerline computer the rd computer that is directly connected to the router is just a media center the signal drop is rarely more than a few seconds it s almost like a hiccup just enough to screw Random disconnects. traceroute inside everything up connection wise i did a traceroute and my nd hop is where i m seeing the loss of packets I have no idea what this nd hop is supposed to be Is it some splitter between my wall and my ISP s trunk This trace is to Blizzard s NA Hearthstone server Code Tracing route to over a maximum of hops tresser-win gi- - -core -cs myacc net xe- - - - -sur pompanobeach fl pompano comcast net xe- - - - -sur pompanobeach fl pompano comcast net te- - - - -ar northdade fl pompano comcast net be- -cr miami fl ibone comcast net be- -pe nota fl ibone comcast net igs fldfl ip att net cr ormfl ip att net cr ormfl ip att net cr hs tx ip att net cr dlstx ip att net Computing statistics for seconds Source to Here This Node Link Hop RTT Lost Sent Pct Lost Sent Pct Address tresser-win ms --- ms gi- - -core -cs myacc net ms xe- - - - -sur pompanobeach fl pompano comcast net ms xe- - - - -sur pompanobeach fl pompano comcast net ms te- - - - -ar northdade fl pompano comcast net ms be- -cr miami fl ibone comcast net ms be- -pe nota fl ibone comcast net ms --- igs fldfl ip att net --- cr ormfl ip att net --- cr ormfl ip att net --- cr hs tx ip att net --- cr dlstx ip att net --- Trace complete nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-traceroute-inside.1149185/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok I'll get right to it as to not proccesses background Disconnects, Unusual Random waste your time The proceeding is the main txt from Deckard's System Scanner I have followed your steps twice Measure twice cut once rule and I would very much appreciate a report on my results Currently I have random disconnects ranging from Random Disconnects, Unusual background proccesses every minutes I do not know if this is due to either router problems or malware so I am trying the malware options first then I don't have to buy Random Disconnects, Unusual background proccesses a new router gt lt I also notice some strange background programs that run when Random Disconnects, Unusual background proccesses I start the computer up that hide after the initial boot up and I've disabled alot of them and some of them I cant delete Anyways Thanks for the support this forum is a huge help Ciao --Max lt --------------------------------------- gt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Max on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Max exe ------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files VentSrv ventrilo svc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Downloads Software dss exe C DOCUME MAX NOR Desktop HIJACK Max exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gunz ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - A BD - ED - E- - D B FEEA - no file R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn y... Read more

A:Random Disconnects, Unusual background proccesses

Update
-----------------
I am now getting disconnects every 1~4 minutes, but I suspect it might be instead a router PF problem. Could that be a suspect?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-disconnects-unusual-background-proccesses-164313.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am not by any means a computer wiz nor do i understand most of disconnects and latency internet Random high the lingo i should be working on Random internet disconnects and high latency this but i havent That is just to say that if you find something and want to help me resolve it please be very specific and try to explain things for me I would greatly appreciate your time and effort in helping me to Random internet disconnects and high latency resolve these issues here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Random internet disconnects and high latency Software Update hpwuSchd exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser CoIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run h... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-internet-disconnects-and-high-latency-259019.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Well first of all I suspect that it s my laptop which is a bleeping POS However since I seem to have the problem on both Sprint G and using an external usb wifi adaptor I think there could be something else going on boradband disconnects Random wifi or sprint using I have an HP TX series which has a known issue with the built in wifi card overheating and failing Well my card has failed Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband completely so I bought an external wifi b g card Now back to my Sprint I was only using that for a while since I bought this wretched POS laptop and have been having random disconnects mainly when I m downloading on P P sites I m using the most current software I am forcing the DNS which I m told helps to get faster internet could be the problem and I know this thing is spyware and virus free as I keep Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband on top of that Any ideas But now that I think of it I didn t have the connect auto on the wifi so that might fix that issue though I still shouldn t be getting knocked off the network i am runnung what i believe is a geniune copy of vista ultimate nbsp

A:Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband

well, the broadband companies may be knocking you off p2p - they arent to kind to that. i use a sprint usb cel card on my laptop (running right next to me now), and i would ask you to look at the sprint symbol when you are online. there should be green bars on the top of the yellow box that has a pic of the antenna. the green bars are your signal. is it possible the signal is swinging in and out, or, that you are in between 2 (or more) cel towers? (the modem cel card will switch between towers, hence resetting the connection). forcing dns will change how your machine is found on the internet, so if you dont NEED to do so, i wouldnt. the sprint card or your router should do so just fine. hopefully, this helps you a bit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-using-wifi-or-sprint-boradband.880104/
Relevancy 51.17%

Yay so I have to retype all of this because and router problems other Belkin disconnects random being on off on off the internet apparently logged me out and when I finally clicked everything that I wrote was lost So here we go again Unfortunately I am so frustrated that this description of my problem will not be as precise as my first one Started with my girlfriends router burning plastic and being told by the Comcast guy its a fire hazard and she shouldn t use it We Belkin router random disconnects and other problems buy a Belkin Basic F D v router from Best Buy supposedly easy to hook up Disc set up does not work tells us to call the number I access the router by typing in router in the browser I ve done a few other routers and they were all accessible by typing or similar in the browser Using any sort of security does not allow my Vista laptop to connect It results in a amp quot Local only amp quot connection Xp laptop is able to connect using security Both laptops are able to connect without security What results is both computers being connected for about minutes then both being kicked off and the only light on the router changing from green to orange A power cycle will allow for about another minutes until it happens again I read some things about a DHCP lease I tried turning off dhcp server i believe I m pretty sure the laptop that I set it up on stayed connected all night and the router light stayed green but no other devices were able to connect I m not entirely sure if that s true since I ve tried so many things I tried changing the channel from Auto to and it lasted about minutes before once again kicking everyone off and the light turning orange Any help or advice is greatly appreciated sorry if this seems rushed but I ve been messing around for hours with this thing and I m extremely frustrated that everything that I typed before disappeared on me EDIT Grrr and this was formatted but somehow its not now Edit I just took the time to format it again and it turned into a wall of text AGAIN i m sorry nbsp

A:Belkin router random disconnects and other problems

you may want to type into notepad and then just copy and paste here - that way a disconnection will not make any difference
to all your writing , I know how frustrating that can be

lets separate the issues
1) you have one PC which will not connect to the wireless security , but will when no security is on the router
2) The internet intermittently disconnects all PCs from the router

lets start with 2) and get a solid connection with NO wireless security

so when the router disconnects - whats the name of the light turns from green to orange ?

would you do the following ipconfig /all and ping tests (instrutions below ) when its working and then do the same tests again when it disconnects - save the results and post back when you are reconnected

also post back xirrus - instructions below

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-random-disconnects-and-other-problems.946203/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've just recently started having this problem. While doing anything online, sometimes my internet would disconnect and a "network cable is disconnected" message would show up. Strange thing is that it would connect itself in seconds afterwards. Frustrating thing is that while streaming/downloading/playing any online game, it really messes it up. Most problem occurs when playing an online game (specifically Warcraft 3).

I'm running Windows XP with SP2, have a Motorola SB5101 SURFboard Cable modem connected to a Linksys SPA2102 VoIP router, which then connects to my computer and phone.
Internet provider is Comcast. The router is configured with a static IP and some open ports for programs. Firewall is generic Windows.

I think the problem might be VoIP/VoIP router related. I'll gladly provide any specific information that anyone need to help me to troubleshoot this problem.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

here is my log thought Programs Random Disconnects and Stop Responding? it wus fixed but still keeps disconnecting and programs stop responding any help would be apprectiated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB Random Disconnects and Programs Stop Responding? exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings DRock Desktop Stuff HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Sympatico O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup NetAssistant lnk C Program Files NetAssistant bin matcli exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip CCE DBE-F E - A -B E -F EE F A NameServer O - Service avast iAVS Control Service - Unknown - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service avast Antivirus - Unknown - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe nbsp

A:Random Disconnects and Programs Stop Responding?

crap no help :S oh well ill have to check forums maybe someone else had similar problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-and-programs-stop-responding.324495/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I am desperate for your help In my years of using the Internet I never had to consult a forum directly I always found my answer googling the problem Not this time though Even though there are thousands of problems and answers regarding random disconnects from wireless networks none of them helped me out here is why Due to my job I am on the go all the time and have therefore in the past without any issues quickly connected to something like wireless networks Everything always worked as one would expect Now I am at a new place and I keep getting disconnected from the wireless network This happens after mins mins even h after connecting Usually I dont have to use the Troubleshooting Random Router Disconnects Causes Wireless Network wireless will just reconnect by itself within a matter of seconds However constant disconnects annoy me and I Router Causes Random Wireless Network Disconnects need to get rid of this Since I never had this issue for yrs with the exact same hardware and software configuration I am thinking the problem must be on the router's side Since I dont consider myself a newb in this regard I feel save to say that all router configurations look okay I didnt see anything odd that could cause this I am hesitant to change settings on my machine that I found when googling because I was always able to connect without any problems to any wireless network It seems just this one at my new place causes issues Can anyone help Config - Win bit Home Premium on Asus Laptop with Atheros AR wireless adapter - Drivers up to date - Router Speedport W V - Dynamic IP assigned by router - No results on Malware Virus etc scans used MalwareAntibytes TrendMicro Online Scanner for search - using LinuxMint bit on Virtualbox starting exiting numerous times a day - Router sitting right next to me so always perfect signal - hijackthis doesnt find any suspicious processes

A:Router Causes Random Wireless Network Disconnects

Hi murphy347,

Welcome to SevenForums.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your present location is much more susceptible to Radio Frequency Interference.

Did you try changing the channel in the Wireless Settings of your router? ( There are 13 ) Atleast one should prove to be better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252288-router-causes-random-wireless-network-disconnects.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok so i got Windows Ultimate about last week and havent been able to solve this problem I was running vista home premium and got ultimate and did a clean install Everything worked fine until the internet disconnected My of tim after random disconnects period Network Wireless computer is running on wireless so Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim i checked my laptop and the internet was working on it On the pc running ultimate i went to device manager and disabled the turn off to save power but nothing works The internet only works when i turn in on it works for about min to up to hours I dont know what to doo please help Also when Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim the internet craps out the computer does too For example if i try to run fireworks on it it will lag Most of the time it doesnt Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim even open up the program When i try to open a program when its acting like this it will freeze Specs Hp a y Amd Phenom X quad core gb of ram Nvidia Geforce Usb wireless b g adaptor If you need any more info let me know

A:Wireless Network disconnects after random period of tim

I have the same problem, would be great if someone could help us out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29190-wireless-network-disconnects-after-random-period-tim.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok just got new computer with Vista on it not sure if it's a vista problem but this problem only starting occuring when I got Vista Anyway I have a direct cable connection not wireless to a Cox Communications Modem Has worked fine for quite awhile so I doubt it's an internet service providers fault The problem is - I'll randomly disconnect from the internet for a EXTREMELY brief time like second This has no problems with simple new browsing as there is no need for constant connection to be effective However I'm a gamer and my internet playing is very at fault toward this problem For instance i'll play a game and it'll randomly disc from the game I also would have Ventrilo running chatting program and it'll kick me off briefly where i can re-connect right away a note for that matter I can see quot myself quot in the room still as if the connection is applications. up Reconnects Disconnects and Random mess that still trying to re-connect even though I reconnected This problem is extremely annoying specially since i just spent dollars on this new comp gt gt Technical Details - Processor Intel Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Video Card ATI Radeon HD Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. Mode x Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications. bit Hz OS Windows Vista Home Basic HELP PLZ I WANNA PLAY DEMIGOD AND DOTA o o

A:Random Disconnects and Reconnects that mess up applications.

ive of this alot but only in wireless , due to vista searching for new networks.

do you have the latest drivers for your lan network adapter? are there any driver/firmware updates available for your router/modem?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229111-random-disconnects-reconnects-mess-up-applications.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys gals this weekend I started having an issue with my internet connection It randomly drops for about seconds then comes back online Since I do competitive computer gaming this can be a VERY bad thing My provider is Bellsouth and I had a tech come in today He could not find much wrong Internet Possibly The Worm? Disconnects A From Random but did say my modem had some errors So he replaced the modem and some old wiring and off he went Needless to say as soon as he left I started disconnecting from the internet again it promptly returning a few seconds later Since he did not see much I got Random Disconnects From The Internet Possibly A Worm? to Random Disconnects From The Internet Possibly A Worm? thinking that maybe its a virus or worm I regularly scan with Trend Micro which is a my copy it is not a free trial Also Random Disconnects From The Internet Possibly A Worm? I scan for spyware with ad-aware SE and neither of them have found anything I also have highjackthis so I am going to post the log to see if you guys gals see anything wrong with it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Turtle Beach MontegoDDL TBMontegoTray exeC Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavsvc exeC Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus Components tmproxy exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run Turtle Beach Montego DDL quot C Program Files Turtle Beach MontegoDDL TBMontegoTray exe quot O - HKLM Run Trend Micro AntiVirus C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe - --delay O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKLM Policies Explorer Run rare C Program Files Video ActiveX Object pmsnrr exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Extra context... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey there,

just bought a Lenovo Y500 a couple of days ago and it came with a pre-installed Windows 8 everything seems working fine but when it comes to Wifi it randomly disconnects alot , sometimes shows limited access and most of the time the signal strength bars keep going up and down

anyone could help me with this ? i am mainly a gamer and this is extremely frustrating

thanks and awaiting a reply

A:Windows 8 random Wi-Fi disconnects and Limited network acc

If your other wireless devices work fine from the same location as your laptop then check these solutions..

lenovo y500 wi-fi serious problem - Lenovo Community

What they mean by the black and white wires is to remove the wifi cover and you will see a board with two removable wires that are clipped onto the board.
Please make sure your laptop is unplugged and the battery removed before checking the looseness of the wires.

I do not recommend resetting your bios to default setting, skip that part.

Let us know if you have success in resolving this issue..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29570-windows-8-random-wi-fi-disconnects-limited-network-acc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am very tech-savy and have a small but noticeable step above basic knowledge Just so you don't have to explain it in layman's terms I am having an issue where my Internet connectivity drops I will still be connected to the WiFi Network as well as being able to still access the Gateway but I won't be able to access web pages skype goes down streaming software OBS etc lose connection Random and Disconnects not Desktop Internet responding. I've come to the conclusion that is Random Desktop Disconnects and Internet not responding. has to be my desktop because ALL other devices in my house are still functional when this occurs I currently have network cards one that is attached to the motherboard Random Desktop Disconnects and Internet not responding. and one that is PCI-e View image below for Information on my network cards screenshotted from my Device Manager Device Manager https gyazo com a bccdb c b f c f Network from my taskbar https gyazo com ef c b cf b b e d eeb It will say the usual No Internet Access and Random Desktop Disconnects and Internet not responding. the WiFi bars turn yellow as if the network was down But as stated above ALL other devices in my home work fine Thanks Stank K

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388110-random-desktop-disconnects-internet-not-responding.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hey this is my first time writing to a forum like this but I tried my best and the problem keeps on happening short story internet connection disappears re-launches and explorer - disconnects Internet help. random randomly and that makes explorer relaunch every time that happens time between quot resets quot is sometimes help. Internet disconnects and explorer re-launches - random minute sometimes minutes random long story I have this really odd problem Well actually the problem is on my girlfriends and her mothers computer they use the same internet network wlan is behind a password they are the only computers connected to it sometimes I use my laptop with it too but havent done that in the last weeks the problem now when I use computers I get this problem Also when I use them at the same time I get it The problem is that my internet goes down I am browsing the web and suddenly nothing works I cant connect to any pages after a while - seconds from me noticing this the explorer not the web browser but the system explorer RESTARTS relaunches and I get a message which is too fast for me to be able to read it It is in the upper left corner of the screen and the title of the message is something like quot Personal configurations quot and the message is something that has no buttons or anything it just loads my personal configurations I think also there are some other texts too but they go so insanely fast I have no idea how to see those texts I tried screencapturing it but it is so fast I had no luck also the resetting is so random capturing that text would take a day It appears when the explorer relaunches It kinda looks like the window I see in my school computer when I login with my personal username and the windows loads my personal settings I think it is exactly that after the relaunch - seconds after that normally the internet works again And this keeps happening ALL DAY LONG it is HIGHLY annoying HERE is a much information as I can gather and think of telling computers both with win xp sp and all updates windows update had to offer ---- computer desktop connected with ethernet cable ---- computer laptop connected with wireless does this with both browsers Ie and FF and also with no browsers on like if I just re-start my computer and let everything load in windows and open for example quot my computer quot and wait for - minutes it does it too when both computers are on the problem seems to happen at the same time sometimes but it happens different times too so all random in that aspect too the computer share a lot of usb pen drives so a virus could infect both with ease the router dsl looking box is a motorola SBG- wireless surfboard gateway and it has texts and lights quot power receive send online pc activity blinking and wireless blinking quot and all the lights are lit It s connected to another router dsl looking box which has texts and lights quot power ds us online link not lit telephone telephone battery quot and all are lit except for link the box has a text quot touchstone tm telephony modem quot and ARRIS model TM G this is happening in Chile if that makes any difference I run ad-aware hijackthis cwshredder and avast virus removal too on both computers they are found something but nothing big some tracking cookies etc but nothing extraoridinary I run them all just now again and they all come out with nothing the computers also have some antivirus softwares desktop has mcafee virusscan and the laptop has ESET smart security what should I do my knowledge with routers and configuring them is very low so i havent done anything to them also this problem DIDN T happen a week ago I noticed that it happens just now because I havent personally used these computers that much quick questions for the users tells me that this has happened around a week they dont remember installing anything new also nobody touched the routers they were the same as before when everything worked perfectly I am a bit clueless now Please help - I ... Read more

A:help. Internet disconnects and explorer re-launches - random

bump

also. it seems to happen only when internet is activated, If I disable wireless or ethernet it stops.
what the heck..?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-disconnects-and-explorer-re-launches-random.711720/
Relevancy 50.31%

sorry if this is a common problem people are tired of seeing but ive done a million google searches and tried everything and since "lag" is such a wide problem i can never find the right answer.

-verizon dsl (had for many years, never used to happen)
-windows 7
-same thing happens on both wifi and ethernet connections
-usually happens when i'm gaming
-tried a lot of the basic things like renewing my ip, etc.

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm on a laptop that has Vista I use Comcast Cable and Firefox as my browser Awhile ago I tried to setup a router Linksys so that my sister could use it as well but for some reason I could not configure it properly and I ended up being without internet until I suppose tinkered with the right options and random Issues; disconnects, found, Internet pages etc. not it turned on through the Comcast modem box thing Okay so the problem basically goes like this randomly because I've yet to see any sign that links them together many varying problems will occur Here are the ones I can remember page is not displayed a lot of refreshing and it shows up I get redirected to Google I get redirected to a specific page I can't remember what this was but it stopped showing up I get redirected to a edu page I also can't remember the exact page for this either Internet Issues; pages not found, random disconnects, etc. Page Cannot Be Displayed a lot of refreshing also brings this back Aside from that sometimes my internet will just cut out but there will be no warning and the little display on my taskbar will tell me I'm still connected Firefox will display quot Firefox could not connect quot or whatever it says however I can still use AIM for a period of time then that stops too and when I used to play World of Warcraft I could continue to play that without losing my connection no effect on lag either I regularly run Spybot S amp D Anti-malware and sometimes CCleaner but I also have Spyware Doctor and AVG but I don't run them nearly ever Uhmmm that's all If you need any other info just ask but I'll probably need directions how to get it since I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers ------------------------------------------------------------------- I've contacted Comcast about my problem but they a won't help me setup my router they redirect me to the Linksys support which I might mention is in another country and the person I speak with NEVER fully understands what I need and b when I ask for modem help I get the normal quot oh you need to unplug it for x seconds and then quot etc etc I wish Comcast was more helpful ------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay I ran the first one and I'm attaching the document as per the instructions and I'll paste the other document in HOWEVER when I ran the second program gmer my computer bluescreens says something about a page being in a non-paged section and lists the file which I believe was quot ajunsk sys quot but I know that's spelled wrong -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sean at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Spyware Doctor enabled Updated C EDD - E- ac- F -EFA E CBC SP AVG Internet Security enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Firewall enabled decf - - -b a-d d b Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Linksys Linksys Updater bin LinksysUpdater exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows syst... Read more

A:Internet Issues; pages not found, random disconnects, etc.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. Since it has been a while you posted, if you still require assistance, please provide us with a new set of logs in a new topic as this one shall be closed.

New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internet-issues-pages-not-found-random-disconnects-etc-390084.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello fine men and women of sevenforums What you are seeing here today is a man's steady progression signal, Desktop wifi if poor Random getting very any. disconnects. from sanity to complete unadulterated madness All was good and well in my Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. PC until the fateful day someone decided to unplug my house's modem for a mere seconds Now this is usually if anything a FIX to people's internet problems therefore your guesses are as good as mine as to why it completely obliterated every shred of Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. hope I have I Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. believe my adapter is called the quot RangeMax tm NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B quot I have tried just about every fix I can think of yet the problem persists My computer is incapable of holding a steady connection with my home's wifi network At some points in the day it is impossible to even connect to the network Other times it just BARELY seems to connect and fittingly it can BARELY complete any basic task For the most part it says it's connected yet shows no actual signs of being so as in it can't load ANYTHING Beyond that when it is connected and functional it sporadically will disconnect completely from the network only to rejoin say ten seconds later As I'm sure you all understand this is incredibly frustrating As I said I have tried several things to get it all back in tip-top shape I have started of course with a simple reboot I have completely reset my router's settings as well as changing the radio channel it operates on Nothing changes From that point on I knew that the problem was solely with my computer and that the rest of the computers on the network were able to use the wifi connection perfectly normally From there I uninstalled my wireless adapter and deleted the drivers then re-installed the hardware and drivers Then I became both lost and enraged like a feral ape who just escaped his exhibit at the zoo I daintily removed all the wires connected to my PC and threw it overhead at the wall But alas still not fixed In conclusion I'm really losing it here folks

A:Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects.

Hi Hawk,

Can you provide the information thats requested in the link below? It will help while we troubleshoot your problem.

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373393-desktop-getting-very-poor-wifi-signal-if-any-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My net keeps disconnecting even though my Cable Modem shows no issues all lights are go I run Diagnose and repair and it keeps saying its having issues connecting to the primary DNS server or no network connection I restart or let the prompt quot fix quot the issue I checked and Solved: diagnostics server) Disconnects ( Random DNS suggest everything on the modem and pc is set to automatic I have had this random disconnect issue for sometime now the Tech guys from the Cable company always have some sort of excuse to NOT check the wires and say that from their trucks they Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) can see that my net is up and running constant with no interruptions The last guys said that I needed a new router It just had to be the router I had a Linksys WRT G It was about years old so I did go and get another one about a week ago Linksys WRT G Same problem though I run xbox s one direct connect to the router and one wireless also a Blackberry curve If I cant connect through wifi I get poop for signal and wireless laptops Funny enough that even with a G router I don t Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) have to many issues with speed or connectivity I tried a Linksys N router a while back but had major issues connecting and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours with customer service trying to fix things didn t work So I plugged the old one back in From there it was just a race for whoever got on first got the strongest signal for playing Modern Warfare Had NAT issues I believe It doesn t matter if its just me here and on the PC or me and my idiot on both xbox s and both pc s disconnects just the same I have done the necessary restart and rebooting of both the surfboard and router Some days or even for days on end things run fine but then it starts I am so confused as to what to do here Like right now I m on but the question is for how long If anyone is good with Blackberry Curves that would help because even when things are working right it still refuses to connect via wifi it says its connected and picks up my router but its not actually showing being connected when its connected it shows pink signal bars and said IMA or something like that nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

SYSTEM INFO --------------- OS HP Pavillion Notebook PC tx nr upgraded screen internet freezes disconnects Excessive Intermittent/Random and to Windows Home Premium bit Model GS UA ABA except upgraded from Vista to Product GS UA Processor AMD Turion X Mobile Technology TL- GHz Memory GB RAM Hard Drive GB Internal Hard Drive Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce Go Driver version External Display Samsung p quot x External Hard Drive TB ext Seagate Drive Secondary OS Ubuntu LTS bit from Excessive Intermittent/Random screen freezes and internet disconnects a USB drive HERE's THE PROBLEM ---------------------- At seemingly random times - most often when I click on something anywhere - the screen will start to quot freeze quot Sometimes it starts by open windows not responding in any way then progresses to the cursor freezing This freezed state will last up to a few minutes then suddenly unfreeze Frozen windows will indicate quot X not responding quot on the title bar This will sometimes occur many times in a row for hours at a time with only a few Excessive Intermittent/Random screen freezes and internet disconnects minutes of normal use between freezes example minutes frozen minutes unfrozen repeat for several hours When the screen and or cursor are frozen if I move the mouse and attempt to move windows or click a web link or do anything else as if the cursor was responding all of these quot unseen quot actions will suddenly Excessive Intermittent/Random screen freezes and internet disconnects quot catch up quot and quickly occur within a second after it unfreezes If I happen to be watching a video on Youtube when it unfreezes the video has advanced as if it had not been frozen Usually if the freeze was long enough the internet quot disconnects quot when the screen freezes as indicated by any program I was connected to live on the internet such as an online game although I'm not sure what's happening there because the wifi signal indicator never changes and network and sharing center doesn't show any problem I recently had a hard drive failure and when it was replaced I had Windows installed instead of Vista which I prefer The problem became worse after this Ubuntu seems to run with only a very occasional freeze maybe every hour max I have noticed if using a web browser Explorer or Chrome that the status at the bottom of the window often says quot Waiting for cache quot when the freeze occurs Chrome will show a small error window quot The following pages have become unresponsive quot ACTIONS TAKEN ---------------- -Contacted NVIDIA Support Result - no change of problem -Contacted HP Support Result - no change of problem -Hardware Diagnostics Thinking this could be a memory problem I have watched the performance tab of the task manager but it shows no anomalies and often memory is only or so I tried using a GB USB memory drive enabled with quot ReadyBoost quot but I don't this has changed anything I have also completed multiple memory checks and hard drive disk checks and defrags without any effect The most bothersome thing is it seems to happen completely randomly and often many times in a row for several hours nothing affects it and when I watch the performance tab on the Task Manager it doesn't indicate any changes during the freezes This has caused me a lot of hardship any help would be appreciated I realize this is an older computer but I need to make it last for financial reasons I can provide whatever info you need thanks steve

A:Excessive Intermittent/Random screen freezes and internet disconnects

Hello Metsturbo99,

Sorry to hear your computer is randomly freezing.

Have you checked to see if a nasty infection of malware is on your computer? This is most probably always the cause.

Malwarebytes - https://www.malwarebytes.org/
AdwCleaner - AdwCleaner Download

If Malwarebytes picks up anything, please export the log onto your desktop and upload it here.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337998-excessive-intermittent-random-screen-freezes-internet-disconnects.html
Relevancy 49.88%

As the title says lately I've been experiencing some extremely frustrating bugs with mainly my USB connected mouse I have tried using another mouse which doesn't seem to make any difference I've also re-installed my OS and didn't get any improvement The thing is every now and then my mouse disconnects It can happen once in say half error, port mouse/keyboard random disconnects/freeze. USB an hour but I've also experienced it at least times in a minute Eventually this USB port error, random mouse/keyboard disconnects/freeze. leads to a weird sort of PC crash It basically seems like the PC still does what it normally does USB port error, random mouse/keyboard disconnects/freeze. the internet connection is still up and working but neither my mouse or my keyboard respond to anything at all USB port error, random mouse/keyboard disconnects/freeze. I have to reboot my PC the hard way in order to be able to use it again As a frequent gamer the disconnecting alone is very frustrating of course but I play WoW causing a raid wipe because I disconnect which happened for the first time yesterday is beyond frustrating I am usually using a quite simple and cheap setup mouse and keyboard I mainly use are both the cheapest Logitech has to offer Here's any info about my PC hope it helps OS Windows Ultimate x Processor Intel Core i MHz RAM GB I'd much appreciate a fast and helpful answer

A:USB port error, random mouse/keyboard disconnects/freeze.

Quote: Originally Posted by serpentbreed

As the title says, lately I've been experiencing some extremely frustrating bugs with mainly my (USB connected) mouse. I have tried using another mouse, which doesn't seem to make any difference, I've also re-installed my OS and didn't get any improvement.

The thing is, every now and then, my mouse disconnects. It can happen once in say, half an hour, but I've also experienced it at least 15 times in a minute. Eventually, this leads to a weird sort of PC crash. It basically seems like the PC still does what it normally does, the internet connection is still up and working, but neither my mouse or my keyboard respond to anything at all. I have to reboot my PC the hard way in order to be able to use it again.

As a frequent gamer, the disconnecting alone is very frustrating of course, but (I play WoW) causing a raid wipe because I disconnect, which happened for the first time yesterday, is beyond frustrating.

I am usually using a quite simple and cheap setup, mouse and keyboard I mainly use are both the cheapest Logitech has to offer.

Here's any info about my PC, hope it helps.
Processor: Intel Core i5 2300 2800 MHz
RAM: 4.00 GB

I'd much appreciate a fast and helpful answer.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for the critical errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192094-usb-port-error-random-mouse-keyboard-disconnects-freeze.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I m not sure if this is a problem with my internet or latency, Dell suddenly disconnects slow, laptop random high with malware but I do Dell laptop suddenly slow, high latency, random disconnects know I never had problems with my internet connection before I ve tried all the usual fixes for my connection restarting the modem etc and it seems to fix it for a while after I do it but then within anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two the Dell laptop suddenly slow, high latency, random disconnects quality of the connection seems to deteriorate I ve also gotten a blue screen with an error message on it that said something like Page fault in non paged area or something like that I ve run a virus scan with MSE and Malwarebytes Anti Malware but nothing showed up Here s all the requested information Hijack this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Virus Removal Tool SVRTgui exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Users Sammy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http dell msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dell msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http g msn com ewenusDefaultPack UP FRPage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Logitech SetPoint - AF - - - EC-D C - C Program Files Logitech SetPointP -bit SetPointSmooth dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run USB MON quot C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe quot O - HKCU Run DellSystemDetect C Users Sammy AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Dell Dell System Detect appref-ms O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windo... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone Well just recent I have noticed that I m facing quite a few different problems I m not sure if it could be related to a newly installed WRT N Linksys router or not because other desktop computers in my household that are Ipconfig in Slow Marks Browser/Random Internet Disconnects/Question connected to it work perfectly fine Basically my internet browser Firefox quot lags quot more than usual and has a very slow response time compared to normal It takes Slow Internet Browser/Random Disconnects/Question Marks in Ipconfig awhile sometimes just to google search something It should be quick other computer s internet connection working blazing fast but it s not Speedtest shows that I should have around mb s downloading speed but actual use shows otherwise as it is incredibly slow For some reason Internet Explorer seems to outperform my Firefox too And yes I have also tried reinstalling Firefox At the same time every few hours or so my internet disconnects and the quot Limited or no connectivity quot warning shows at the bottom In addition to that when I try to repair the connection I can t because I get the error quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed Renewing your IP address quot so I m unable to renew my IP too My ipconfig all shows funky information too with the dns servers and everything -ipconfig shown at bottom So far I have tried a few things but have failed at fixing my internet connection I have these methods already quot Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log quot And they both have not fixed my problems I know for sure there s a problem as my computer was working fine a few weeks ago After looking trying out different ideas I still failed I hope someone can help me out Thanks in advance P S Ipconfig shows question marks too --------------------- Here s my ipconfig all information with a ton of question marks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Office Computer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mary Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vs shawcable net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vs shawcable net Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - C- E- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September PM Lease Expires September PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Slow Internet Browser/Random Disconnects/Question Marks in Ipconfig

Make sure you have the latest driver for your ethernet adapter. If you already have the latest use Device Manager to uninstall it; reboot and let Windows discover the adapter and reinstall it.

Then do the stack/WINSOCK repairs again.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-browser-random-disconnects-question-marks-in-ipconfig.857978/
Relevancy 35.26%

Three days ago my water cooling failed got up to C while gaming the Random random days. 2 BSOD at times Random past errors in problems is when I noticed the problem as my CPU should not go over C I decided to install an aftermarket heatsink instead of a new water cooling system and add a few more fans just to make sure my whole motherboard was getting plenty of air flow I installed a Cool Mater Hyper Plus heatsink I followed the instructions and looked at a few installation videos on my phone just to be sure I'm pretty positive everything was done correctly including the thermal paste as my system has not gone over C while gaming even playing games on Ultra settings I got one BSOD late last night after about hours of it being on but no other problems after that Today however I have Random BSOD problems in the past 2 days. Random errors at random times been having BSOD issues the entire time at random times from just minutes up to and a half hours between BSODs They have ranged from NTSF FILE SYSTEM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION I have researched the errors on google all day and tried fixes for each one such as running memory diagnostic tool deleting the old page info from memory and creating a new one deleted all of my video drivers and reinstalled them and I've even opened my case to make sure all my memory and cards are plugged in all the way These are the errors that BlueScreenView gave me - - dmp AM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffff f f edfb fffff f f edfb fltmgr sys fltmgr sys aae x ntoskrnl exe bc C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM - - dmp PM SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b c fffff dc b fffff a f dxgmms sys dxgmms sys b x ntoskrnl exe bc C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM - - dmp PM KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe b NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe b C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM - - dmp PM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x fffff ff fb fffff d ef ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe bc C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM - - dmp PM NTFS FILE SYSTEM x fb fffff f fffff efb fffff e df Ntfs sys Ntfs sys x ntoskrnl exe bc C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM I have also created a compressed file using the SF tool this forum suggested and will be attaching it to this post Any help would be appreciated as i am now completely stumped on how to fix the problem

A:Random BSOD problems in the past 2 days. Random errors at random times

Welcome to the Forum.

Please remove the software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 7 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 7 Public
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling. This allows you to remove leftover registry entries of the software: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Quote:
This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence. If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything. 10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup Public
McAfee is a known cause to BSOD's. Please remove it and use Microsoft Security Essentials it is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - Free
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software:
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run a Hard Drive test: SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor:
HWMonitor
Speccy

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff87ff903edfb, 8, fffff87ff903edfb, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+43801 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff87ff903edfb, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = w... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313937-random-bsod-problems-past-2-days-random-errors-random-times.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello in random with processes Random random BSODs errors/bugchecks everyone I m stuck with a very frustrating BSOD problem and from the look of it it seems like some kind of harware failure Thing is I ve replaced almost everything but the BSODs refuse to go The BSODs are completely random but playing a current generation game Arkham Asylum GRID would guarantee a crash within an hour Mass Effect though runs for many hours at Random BSODs with random errors/bugchecks in random processes a stretch sometimes Analyzing my dumps told me that the crashes were totally random Page faults the irq not less than equal one the driver irq not less than equal one and the bugcheck codes were pretty random too Even the faulting processes were anything from ntoskrnl to npfs to my ati driver just about anything I like fixing my own problems plus I m impatient My temperatures were within limits so I assumed it was the RAM and got myself new corsair GB chips just to be sure Random BSODs with random errors/bugchecks in random processes But the BSODs continued So it s not the RAM the motherboard Graphic card and the PSU are brand new anyway The only thing left was the processor but they almost never go bad or so I thought The real clue was when one of the dumps was found to be corrupt by the debugger Reading up on that told me that it could be a processor issue So I borrowed a Xeon from a friend to test Well guess what The BSODs have almost gone At least I can work in peace now though the Xeon is painfully slow I say almost because I DID get one BSOD since I put the Xeon about a week back My friend tells me that I could have mismatched ram timings and that my old processor might not be at fault at all Route I need help I want to get rid of the Xeon and get something faster However how can I make sure that it was a processor issue in the first place Can you help me check my ram timings or whatever else it might be I still did get ONE BSOD even with the Xeon What if I get another processor but the BSODs continue I ve attached the last few minidumps The latest file is the one that happened with the Xeon I ll be so so grateful if someone can figure annything out from these dumps I have a feeling I ve spent a LOT of money on an otherwise easily fixable problem blackeye nbsp

A:Random BSODs with random errors/bugchecks in random processes

Your dumps came up with errors 0x8E / 0xD1 / 0xA etc. each dump citing different / random process being responsible for instance in question.

Such errors do and can occur due to mismatch RAM timings or incorrect voltage settings. I'll advise you to check specs of your (i.e. timings + voltage) and see whether settings in BIOS are correctly matching these.

Secondly, sometimes even the settings are matching you may still need to fiddle around with voltage settings (incrementally) and see whether that stabilize the system.

Lastly, do stress test your graphic card with OCCT, because one of the dumps came up with 0xc5 as 1st argument, which usually happen due to acceleration issues of graphics. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-with-random-errors-bugchecks-in-random-processes.154392/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello Ok now i'm out of solution so i come here hoping that someone could help me BSOD code Random at random error random moment with I always had bsod hapening randomly but not like the this week I got bsod day when i'm playing when i'm staring at my monitor or even when i'm sleeping with random error code like x e x x b x a Random BSOD with random error code at random moment or xa I read a lot of forum like this one of people having similar problem and most of the time people were talking about testing the ram so I ran mdsched exe last night but no error has been found They also talk about using the windows debuging tool so I tried to download it but even the debuger downloader is buged So if someone could help me find out what's the problem that would be great ps No need to ask i already uploaded the minidumps of the this week here https www dropbox com s a dv l x mp files rar

A:Random BSOD with random error code at random moment

Welcome to SF mandrac , please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

And testing the RAM using WMD is no longer the recommended way going about doing so.
Testing the RAM:

Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77

Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

When done with the testing procedure take a picture and upload it here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313422-random-bsod-random-error-code-random-moment.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I'm currently running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack Currently using firefox On random occasions random pages will randomly not load with the loading circle spinning but nothing happening When I click refresh the page might load or might not Sometimes i have to end up closing the browser and that seems to random access random at sending msges not to times/Msn or random Unable times receiving and pages fix the problem for some time The problem will randomly occur Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times again shortly after For Msn i have version Windows live Messenger On random occasions i will not receive or my messages will not be sent out The problem will go away and come back consistently I have shaw high speed internet directly connected to the modem I tried calling them and letting them take a look into my computer through the internet When they were searching theought the problem did not occur at that moment therefor i couldn't not prove that i have a problem I tried scanning my computer with Avira AntiVir Personal- Free version and Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware Free version all uptodate but nothing gets picked up This problem started to occur - weeks ago and i could not occur what i did during that time Thanks for your time

A:Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times

o.o

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271334/unable-to-access-random-pages-and-random-timesmsn-not-receiving-or-sending-msges-at-random-times/
Relevancy 32.68%

I've always played Yahoo games and have never had any problems (except with Big Kahuna). Yesterday, I began having this problem: I would begin a game. Within a few seconds, I would be disconnected from the Yahoo server. Occasionally, I'd be able to play one round of cards before getting disconnected, but usually it happens within a minute.
I am connecting thru broadband. I have a new wireless router (no problem on my husband's computer). And everything else works great except for yahoo games. Got any ideas or advice?

Thanks.
Doris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnects.720454/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi. Anyone having disconnect problems with Windows 10? Reboot of modem fixes it. Waiting about 30 mins before retrying WITHOUT rebooting modem ALSO works! My iPhone never disconnects, so its not modem/ISP. Never happened with Windows 8.1 .. Anyone heard anything? Its annoying. Pete

A:Disconnects

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Networking is a known issue in Windows 10. You can try to reinstall your networking driver, but you will otherwise need to wait for a Windows Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/disconnects-1033841.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, this only started happening not too long ago, but what happens is I can connect onto msn properly, so I can sign in and stuff properly.
The thing is that msn gets disconnected every few minutes (I'd say at 10 minute-ish intervals).
So I get disconnected from MSN in the same way that you would if my internet got disconnected "Your connection to MSN has been lost" and stuff....
It never used to do this, and it's not my internet that disconnects but just msn
Please help

A:MSN Disconnects

I would contact MSN support to see if maybe there is a patch or an update to the MSN client? If your connection doesn't actually drop but only the software drops than I would definitely get in contact with MSN support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-disconnects.710342/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having problems with IE7 when browsing the internet it will disconnect you after looking at a few pages.

If you open up a new IE it works fine then after a few pages it's disconnects again.

The computer also has Firefox and it won't connect at all.

A:IE 7 disconnects

Go to "Tools" select "Internet Options". In the Security tab click on "reset all zones to default level".

If things still don't work right, in Internet Options on the Advanced tab click the "Reset" button. This will bring IE7 back to "factory fresh" but you won't lose favorites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-7-disconnects.701368/
Relevancy 32.68%

every time i start up a game on my xbox is disconnects from xbox live

just wondering if anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?

Relevancy 32.68%

IE Version: 7.0.5730.13
Internet: Cable, wired connection to my computer from a router.

When I open IE, it doesn't load a page. It says connecting, but nothing loads. I have tried toying with the settings in Tools>Internet Options>Connection. Sometimes after I try to Setup a new connection it will work after closing and reopening IE, but I can't find a pattern to it. I was using IE6 when the problems appeared. After installing IE7, the problems remained.

This problem appeared right about the same time I started having random disconnection issues with Firefox. I have loaded new Firefox profiles and have had some limited success alleviating the Firefox issues, but the IE problems remain.

Firefox is my main browser, but I need IE to view Instant Watch Netflix movies.

Any ideas?

A:IE7 Disconnects

According to your words i assume , your are facing connectivity issue with the Internet explorer 7 , But firefox is working fine .
There might be some issue with the settings of the internet explorer , to resolve this open internet explorer , go to Tools > Internet options > Advance and click on the Reset .it will reset all the settings of the internet explorer .
this will solve your issue .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-disconnects-366144.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I really more Lag, disconnects and lag, hope this is the right place for this Recently we switched from DSL to cable internet and Lag, more lag, and disconnects cable tv from satellite at the same time It took us six days for them to finally get things straightened out so that we actually HAD internet so from the beginning our patience was being tried with them Anyway the cable finally started working we got it networked the modem allows computers to be plugged into it directly so as to not need a router but for some reason his computer won t work plugged directly into it while mine does and things were great for maybe minutes when the first lag out happened The online light never goes off on the modem but no web pages will load For the past month this has been happening - things are fine then suddenly they start loading really Lag, more lag, and disconnects slowly then they don t load at all Sometimes messengers and WoW will disconnect but not always It s very confusing At first we thought that it might be the router so we bought another router It helped a tiny bit or seemed to at first but it s still happening Yes it happens when I m plugged directly into the modem as well Help Someone said we needed a filter put on the line I know the tech guy who set things up said he didn t put one on the poll so we d have more channels since we had to help him run the line to our house one reason I m not calling them I don t want to get him in trouble but would the cable filter and the filter for the internet be the same Or should there be another filter inside coming off the splitter Our cable runs into a splitter then one line goes to the cable box and one goes to the cable modem Arris Touchstone CM a Cable modem - Belkin Surf Wireless router - two computers plugged in via ethernet mine Windows his Windows XP sorry should have put this in networking probably I can t move or delete it fail nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

hi,
i have strange problem from the last 1-2 days. I have frequent disconnects of LAN.
I have following things

ADSL Modem
TP-Link Wireless Router
2 PCs (1 on wireless, 1 on LAN)

i found that i remove the WAN line that comes from the ADSL Modem and connects to the Router's WAN port then my LAN dose not disconnects.

Please help me out

thnx
Coure

A:LAN Disconnects!!!

i found another thing! now i am using Direct internet using ADSL Modem with any router. I have Norton EndPoint installed i am getting this frequent error

MS RPC Network DDE BO Detected
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=endpoint_protection11&thread.id=2133

am i facing some network attach thats y Router is not working properly?

thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-disconnects.717945/
Relevancy 32.25%

For the last week or so my Solved: disconnects AIM AIM keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly until AIM won t let me connect any more because it Solved: AIM disconnects says I ve been attempting to sign on too many times All my buddies on my buddy list turns grey and italiize like they just signed off and then the icon on the bottom no longer is blue and then it turns blue again When I get disconnected and reconnected it always start lagging my computer and I am not able to do any of the AIM options Can someone PLEASE help me fix this It is driving me crazy The connection dropping always occurs during startup when it loads AIM after I play a game call Gunz The Duel and the rest randomly appear I ll post a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files XoftSpy XoftSpy exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B AF- D - D -B - Macromedia Authorware Web Player Control - http mc nacs uci edu mcweb awswax cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF FE C -D A - - FC-D BFB F D WebGameLoader Class - http www miniclip com ricochet ReflexiveWebGameLoader cab O - DPF - E - C-A - B - http ipgweb cce hp com rdqcpc downloads sysinfo cab O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http www bitdefender com scan oscan cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor virusinfo webscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - DPF A - C- E - B- D EC D CRAVOnline Object - http www ravantivirus com scan ravonline cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - DPF FC A F - DFF- F F-B -D A D XMRADIO XM SystemProfiler - http xmro xmradio com xstream registration dell xmprofiler CAB O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F... Read more