Windows Support Forum

AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

Q: AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 61.92%

AMD has officially unveiled the Radeon R9 Nano today, the company's new performance graphics card that's just six inches long. Featuring a fully-unlocked Fiji GPU, the R9 Nano might just be the perfect card for small form factor and mini-ITX...

Read more

A:AMD launches the compact Radeon R9 Nano with high-end performance

Sorry AMD! I really really really wanted to buy this card for my new Skylake ITX build. But your performance/price is not nearly good enough. I would have bought this card for +20% (maybe even up to +30% if your hyped performance over 970 were been actually true) of nvidia GTX 970 price, but this +100% now... is just absurd. Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-compact-radeon-r9-nano-with-high-end-performance.218600/
Relevancy 59.77%

Samsung has launched a trio of TCO-optimized solid state drives based on the company's three-dimensional (3D) Vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash technology.

Read more

A:Samsung launches three high-speed NVMe solid state drives with 3D V-NAND

I want to see some benchmark tests.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-launches-three-high-speed-nvme-solid-state-drives-with-3d-v-nand.217981/
Relevancy 57.19%

In last night before went to zzz was going to check emails and some game news with my Desktop Pc from Pc Gamer website but browser didn't get connection to net even Steam was Online and Laptop next to me online as well Laptop is connected to Modem with Ethernet Cable and was working so went to my Nothing launches anymore :o Pc in desktop zzz and hoped that it's similar when only browser can't connect but Steam can Today when launched my Desktop Rig it seems that browser still can't connect and Steam notifies about launching as admin but doesn't Nothing launches anymore in my desktop Pc :o go to phase where u put username amp pw but Rig just loads for a moment and then nothing Raptr client also doesn't even go to login screen amp would inform that can't connect to net but instead gives pop up window about raptrstub log file for details This is so weird and never happened before At st i thought that my Desktop Pc's integrated network card is blown cause still after hrs of zzz can't connect and espesially weird and scary now when applications don't even go to login phase quot client showing on screen quot This scary problem came now just before i've got rest of the components together for building new Rig I'm only missing Cpu amp Motherboard amp get them in early next month I wonder if could even use Vlc to watch videos Haven't tried it yet My Windows Home Premium is Legit and bought from good store Might not upgrade to Win even it's offered as free Naturally checking review's from good sources st There have been too many Win OS disappointments Win Vista Win and Win k When ran Win x Home Premium SP 's Troubleshooter it couldn't find the reason Mean Network Adapter and other Troubleshooter's I can login to Teamspeak Voip client's servers amp network status shows that Net is online When tried to ping to google com's quot quot Command prompt as admin i got through with perfct latency ms Latest error messages with some applications quot WSAStartup failed or you have the incorrect version of Winsock installed quot and quot ABORT WSAStartup failed No Error socket c quot Made a call to ISP and ISP's friendly tech service person asked questions checked the Line status and said that it's working optimally just as i figured it is before made the call Seems that st System Restore point would be from amp details show that i would not lose much data and the ones that i would lose would be easy to get back Ofc st would like to know what's causing this mysterious problem that prevents opening certain applications even upto their login screen and browser not connecting to web Friendly regards Terry EDIT Can launch VLC player and watch videos so that's good Tried to launch Swtor and Gw games and even they won't go as far as launcher coming to screen for pw type but instead popped a window with error msg after min loading with no game client on screen

A:Nothing launches anymore in my desktop Pc :o

Did you run the network troubleshooter from right clicking the network icon in System tray?

Go over your install closely using the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 which will uncover most problems.

Do you have a wireless adapter you can try to compare? Change the ethernet cable? Try another ethernet port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359016-nothing-launches-anymore-my-desktop-pc-o.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a new Asus Transformer Book T100 running win 8.1 (not RT). Whenever I launch IE from the Tile screen it switches to desktop then IE launches in desktop version. Some setting I need to adjust? First experience with Win 8 & touchscreen.

Sam

A:IE always launches in desktop mode

Hello Sam,

The tutorial below can help show you how to restore the modern Internet Explorer. Most likely you will just need to make sure that the desktop IE is set as the default program to do so.

Internet Explorer Modern - Restore in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/35735-ie-always-launches-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 57.19%

While Intel has dominated the high-performance CPU market for years, AMD continues to provide value to those on a budget with their reasonably attractive range of APUs. Today, the company has announced a new APU, the A8-7670K, that slots into...

Read more

A:AMD launches another desktop APU, the A8-7670K

This is so ho-hum. When are AMD gonna release some real boy racer stuff?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-another-desktop-apu-the-a8-7670k.216692/
Relevancy 56.33%

i had installed internet download manager 6.16 and after few days i uninstalled it using advanced uninstaller. but icon is still in desktop and launches too on double click with some error message. i checked it in installed software list but it is not there, the i deleted all the files from its installation directory in c drive program folder and nothing remaining there, so please help how to get rid of this.....from where it is working if nothing is left over there. help me to remove it

A:software uninstalled but icon is on desktop and launches too.why?

Can't you just delete this icon? If not, then reboot.

Also, for the future, always use the Programs and Features control panel (the installed software list) to uninstall programs. Failing that,check to see if the program itself has its own uninstaller. Failing that, then turn to alternative methods.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/296361-software-uninstalled-but-icon-desktop-launches-too-why.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,When i try to left click and drag an icon on my desktop to move to a different position the program launches instead.
Grateful for any help with this problem.

A:Can't move desktop icons, program launches instead

Quote: Originally Posted by tommytinkroom

Hi,When i try to left click and drag an icon on my desktop to move to a different position the program launches instead.
Grateful for any help with this problem.

Hey tommytinkroom....The only solution that comes in my mind for your issue...try a different mouse. Left click might be broken. Try it and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288530-cant-move-desktop-icons-program-launches-instead.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm no stranger or newbie to computing by any means but I'm planning on moving to a new computer and I've found two A - K-based builds that appeal to me The first is a prebuilt semi-customized product from an eBay member while the other is a fully customized build that I've put together Please make sure you read 7870K Value for Builds Money? Which Better ? Is the entire post before responding I should mention that this machine will be used for perhaps years before being replaced by a newer machine running on a Zen- or Kaby Lake-powered processor depending on which is more attractive to me It will be used primarily for productivity purposes web development graphic design and video creation editing but I will also use it for a few games in my spare time those games being Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto V Now I know this system isn't going to run Grand Theft Auto V on its best 7870K Builds ? Which Is Better Value for Money? settings and I can fully accept that A game such as that doesn't really need to be played on the best settings anyway Videos on YouTube show it running decently well on the integrated Radeon R of the APU albeit at p and with the dedicated card in my custom configuration it's playable on a balance between medium and high at p That's more than enough for me I would also like to point out that this machine is an intended upgrade from a -year-old Core -based ASUS laptop that I've been using since I purchased it in It has been upgraded from a Celeron M to a Core Duo T the RAM from GB to GB DDR - and the hard drive to a WD Black but I think it's finally time to move to a desktop machine now that college is over It can't be upgraded any further and the RAM limitation is what really kills performance in programs such as those mentioned earlier not to mention the lousy Intel GL -based GMA X graphics Thanks to Intel's ludicrous drivers even Minecraft isn't playable beyond due to the OpenGL requirement I do think this machine will be more than adequate for my needs and considering what I'll be moving from it's definitely an upgrade and I don't require anything more I may not even upgrade in two years The competitor of the K is Intel's Core i - or i - and although it's slightly faster it doesn't offer overclocking Plus I've always suggested that four physical cores are better than four logical cores for multi-tasking Core i s and i s don't interest me nor do AMD's FX series or Athlon X models as I'd really like the OpenCL acceleration of Kaveri With the potential fanboy-inducing arguments out of the way here are the two builds Please keep in mind that the custom configuration by myself may look more expensive but I've selected components that I plan on taking over to my next build such as the case graphics card monitor and power supply Also remember that this is my first desktop computer so it will cost more to get the initial setup eBay Semi-Custom Prebuilt Build without Monitor Case CiT Galaxy Evolution Motherboard ASRock A with USB Processor AMD A - K CPU Cooler Stock Memory GB DDR - Hard Drive TB SATA-II at rpm Graphics Card AMD Radeon R with GB GDDR Monitor ASUS VE H quot p Optical Drive CD DVD SuperMulti rewriter Power Supply quot upgraded to support the R quot My Custom Build without Monitor Case Fractal Design Define R Black Motherboard ASRock FM A X Extreme Processor AMD A - K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO Memory GB G Skill Ares DDR - Hard Drive TB Seagate Barracuda SATA-III Graphics Card Gigabyte Radeon R X WindForce with GB GDDR Monitor ASUS VE H quot p Optical Drive LG GH NSB CD DVD Writer Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX W PLUS Gold I should note that I plan on purchasing the processor memory and graphics card second hand The prices above for the processor and memory are brand new while the graphics card price is second hand That's because the X and X cards on Amazon right now are ludicrously over-priced compared to last year Plus when you can get a X for the price of a brand new X why wouldn't you I alrea... Read more

A:7870K Builds Which Is Better Value for Money?

Nothing wrong with getting hardware 2nd hand. Personally, I favor PC #2

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127007-7870k-builds-better-value-money.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I consider myself a fairly tech savvy person but I have a few problems that have got me pulling my short and curlies out in utter feverish frustration Problem I was playing AD amp D and other table top RPGs online in IRC chat and utilized several programs in order to do so I stopped over six months ago and have since removed and deleted all those programs and data I not only used a removal tool but also went individually into the Program Files directories where they were installed and made sure everything is gone I ve run several current up to date malware and virus checks as well No programs are in my startup menu that would do this A mysterious empty folder named quot AD amp D nd edition quot appears on my desktop If I delete it it reappears within a few minutes without fail Similarly after every boot a C explorer window opens Nothing in my startup menu should be doing this Problem Despite full virus and malware scans Google analytics windows open by themselves while I m browsing with Firefox Not a multitude of them just one and every now by Google reappears launches itself Folder desktop, webpage on again maybe after an hour since the last one was shut down Thank you for your assistance I ve got this msg on instant e-mail notify so I ll get back right away nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to beat Intel on price with its latest six-core desktop Phenom II X6 processors that were unveiled today.

AMD is shipping two X6 processors that are substantially less pricey than Intel's latest six-core Core i7-980XM desktop processor, which was announced last month. The Phenom II X6 1090T processor runs at 3.2GHz and is priced at $295, while the 1055T, which runs at 2.8GHz, is priced at $199. Intel's Core i7-980XM desktop processor is priced at $999, according to a price list on Intel's Web site.

The X6 chips are targeted at gamers and buyers looking for high-performance desktops, said Adam Kozak, platform marketing manager at AMD. The chips are the fastest yet in AMD's desktop processor lineup.

Source -
AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel - Computerworld

A:AMD launches six-core desktop chip price war with Intel

There we go.....that is typically how AMD competes with Intel on CPU's. It's not usually $50 price differences we are talking about. It's hundreds of dollars. And the Core i7-980x is over $1,000 which is insane Now to start reading the benchmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81171-amd-launches-six-core-desktop-chip-price-war-intel.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello im having a problem with my display drivers for my a-10 7870k with built in r7 graphics. I downloaded the latest drivers from amds website and sometimes my computer crashes and I boot back up but my resolution reverts to a lower one and my computer tells me I am missing my drivers or they are not there. I go into device manager and update them from there but I get bsods still. In this post the guy suggested they were my display drivers. Bsod Kernel security check failure points out to (ntkrnlmp.exe) Also when I check them under device manager they are flagged with a yellow exclamation mark

A:Amd A-10 7870k r7 graphics drivers crashing and seem to be missing

Kindly uninstall any Amd driver/software from your pc and attempt to install either 14.12 Omega drivers or 15.7.The latest AMD driver (which you claim to be installed) is a BETA,and this type of erratic behaviour is to be expected.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/30859-amd-10-7870k-r7-graphics-drivers-crashing-seem-missing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all finally got my new 4GIG of ram and i have installed widows 7 Pro
all went well apart from when i went to set the resolution to 19?? x ????
not sure of the exact figure, the desk top seams to be unstable, sort of shimmering
if you know what i mean, does this mean my graphics card is not working fully.
I have down loaded the latest drivers, but it is still the same.
could it be done to me installing the graphics card drivers before the MOBO ones.
the card is seen on the device manger,i use to have that res on xp no problem
should i install and reinstall the card, is a gt220 i have herd of problems with this cards
drivers and windows 7
E6600 processor
4GIG of XMS2 corsair ram
gm31 Gigabyte MOBO
gt220 g cards
do any of you have any ideas what could be the problem
j

Relevancy 43.86%

We have a Gateway desktop and for some reason the sound is super high, We can't turn up the volume over 10 or 13 and adjusting the volume anything over 80 - 100 will blow the speaker. I tried updating the speaker drivers. I even un-installed the speakers from the device manager and we have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated here. This is the first time I have used this forum.

Thanks...

A:Desktop sound is super high, need help please

Sounds like you have an amplified output.  Helps to know the model of the computer, and manufacturer & model of the speakers.  The specifications on Gateway's site, should state if the audio output is amplified.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523643/desktop-sound-is-super-high-need-help-please/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am having problems with a friends Dell Vostro 400 Desktop. She has Windows Vista Basic 32bit, 3 gigs memory.

The problem is for the last week her computer has been running high CPU'S and the fan goes crazy, but the memory stays low.

I just got off the Virus Malware forum on here and we did all the malware scans ect.. They pointed me here in hopes someone can now help me with the high CPU issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

A:Having a High CPU Problem On Dell Desktop.

Do the following in that desktop:

Click Start, then type MSCONFIG in the search or run box, then press the Enter key.

When the small "System Configuration" window appears, click the "Startup" tab.

Write down ONLY the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is that desktop running okay, speed-wise and performance-wise?

Which fan are you referring to that's "going crazy"?

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-a-high-cpu-problem-on-dell-desktop.1151294/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I'm building my first desktop First Custom Desktop Building High-End Help! My and was wanted to ask if all of these parts will work together and will this be a successful gaming computer Here's my list List has been edited based on advice you guys gave me Motherboard Gigabyte Intel Core i Core i Core i LGA Intel H DDR - ATI CrossFireX HDMI USB Raid Micro ATX Motherboard GA-H M-USB CPU Intel Core i Processor GHz MB LGA CPU I - BOX Case Cooler Master RC- M-KKN -GP HAF M ATX Mid Tower Case Power Help! Building My First High-End Custom Desktop supply Corsair -Watt TX Series Video Card ATI Radeon HD PCIE MB GDDR RAM Corsair CMX GX M A C XMS GB PC - Core i Memory Kit Hard Drive Western Digital GB Caviar Black SATA RPM MB Cache Desktop Hard Drive Wireless Card D-Link DWA- Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter I plan on connecting to my home's 'already set up' wireless network with this Thanks A Lot Also if you spot a rip off Help! Building My First High-End Custom Desktop or something on the list please tell me I'm Help! Building My First High-End Custom Desktop a complete novice

A:Help! Building My First High-End Custom Desktop

that looks to be a killer gaming rig, good choice on the I5 as it tends to be on par or surpass the i7 in games. Hyper threading actually hurts some games in performance category. Put her together and install everything and prime it just for stability. We'll be glad to help along the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/71289-help-building-my-first-high-end-custom-desktop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Dunno why my pc is crashing while gaming or even hearing songs in balanced mode or with minimum processor state set below 25%. Now my question is what will happen if i chose High performance mode , will it cause any harm to my components , like shortening of life or something? If not then , can you tell what is actually causing the above mentioned problem? Is it actually the processor state or something else , i would like to add that it has happened only on 7 ( i tried 4 different versions on t\0/rrents :P ,trusted ones). I thought it may occur on vista too , but it didnt and same was for xp.

so again my questions are:
1) what is causing hangs and crashes in my 7
2) does it has something to do with processor state? If yes then what will be best mode with what % of processor state

A:Balanced vs high performance on desktop

you need to post the blue screen codes so they can be read. have you tested the memory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/63657-balanced-vs-high-performance-desktop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Howdy Gents,
I'm curious: Besides being able to go with a rackmount chassis, at the hardware-level, what is the big difference between a server and a really, really powerful desktop?

A:Hardware question: server vs. high-end desktop

Nothing, really. Servers have more options for power, multiple CPU's, etc...

Our office uses a high end desktop for a server. Dell & HP sell Celeron and Sempron "servers" with no operating system, etc...

If you're looking at using a desktop as a server, just get the right software, a screaming processor, jam it full of RAM, and if you're doing web hosting, get a dual NIC unless your router supports the outside connection protocols.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-question-server-vs-high-end-desktop.541725/
Relevancy 43.43%

I should have known better but I gave my son the admin passowrd so he could install software and now have this problem. Logitech Webcam and skype but not sure if that is relevant.Windows XP Pro.

When I log on I get a white icon or something over the entire desktop. I can use the start menu initially but withing a minute I get a high CPU condition and nothing responds except for ctl-alt-del which will allow me to log the user off. This only happens as one user, I'm able to log on to the other users. If I get task manager up quickly I can kill the explorer.exe process which makes the white icon and high cpu go away, but explorer does not restart and no longer have the start menu.

Any ideas?

A:White image over desktop, high CPU and now unusable

Hello, can you tell me the Process that you killed?Can you also run these?Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1 <<<== Use this one first.Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.Click the "Scan" button to start scan:On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply:NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443724/white-image-over-desktop-high-cpu-and-now-unusable/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I ve just taken delivery of a with the k display This is my first experience of a high DPI display in windows When I m in work I extend - 4k display desktop 9550 extending DPI non-high onto my windows desktop onto a quot HD monitor So I have the laptop set to scaling and the quot monitor set to scaling The issue is that when I first 9550 4k - extending desktop onto non-high DPI display connect the external monitor although the fonts are the expected size they look fuzzy If I designate the external monitor as the primary display amp reboot images then 9550 4k - extending desktop onto non-high DPI display become sharp on the external monitor but 9550 4k - extending desktop onto non-high DPI display fuzzy on the laptop although they remain scaled correctly nbsp Similarly if I then disconnect the external monitor text remains fuzzy on the laptop until I reboot Essentially although I can set scaling individually for each monitor I can only have sharp text on monitor at a time and need to reboot following disconnecting reconnecting the external monitor in order to get sharp text on the primary monitor Is this a windows thing an intel driver thing or a dell thing Or none of the above Is there a solution

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988143
Relevancy 43.43%

My build Intel i K ASRock Z Pro mobo MSI GTX GB Memory hitching pc on end high desktop Random when on idle x corsair vengeance GX W bronze gb Samsung SSD to run OS on tb HDD tb HDD Windows Now this has only just started happening today and I can t figure out why but when I m on the desktop with just music playing through Spotify as I usually do I get random hitches every minutes or so where the computer locks up and the audio stutters like crazy this usually happens for around seconds at a time What I ve noticed I use MSI afterburner to monitor this and CPU is at around when idle and then when the stutter happens it jumps up to around usage then falls back to again Temperature doesn t change and stays at around degrees What I ve tried Running computer in safe mode and running adwcleaner rkill tdsskiller malware bytes full scan Nothing has been found so I don t suspect a virus I m not sure whether the stuttering was happening or not in safe mode because there was no sound and I wasn t moving the mouse around too Random hitching on high end pc when idle on desktop much I ve tried looking for the culprit in task manager but no applications seem too demanding Thank you for reading I have no idea what this could be and I ve been googling solutions all day but can t find any that work nbsp

A:Random hitching on high end pc when idle on desktop

Cpu at 20% at idle looks too high to me. Look at Task Manager's processes tab to see what's using the Cpu so much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-hitching-on-high-end-pc-when-idle-on-desktop.1141237/
Relevancy 43%

My wife has to use a high contrast desktop setting. This invariably causes the printer to print wrongly (as things appear on the screen and not as they should be). I've tried searching for a solution but I simply can't get the search engines to understand my question! Is there a solution?

A:Colours print wrongly when using high contrast desktop

Hi you need to list the printer make and model before anyone can offer a suggestion since they can have some differences in their set up for printing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/colours-print-wrongly-when-using-high-contrast-desktop-779850.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello every one since installing windows professional i have been getting random spikes every now and then when streaming from the internet like youtube and its driving me insane I've tried lots of things to try and solve the problem But to no prevail I will list below Turn off intell speed thing in bios stops the cpu from going to sleep Turn off quot allow the computer to put this device to sleep quot on power management for lan card Turn off on board lan and use a seperate dedicated lan card the card is not expensive only a pound stlab n- and turn off let pc turn it off blah blah disable HD HD sound in we PC... go again. Here issues DPC Latency causing sound DESKTOP High device manager i disabled it but i dont think thats the problem Stop using morzilla firefox and tried using microsoft explorer a latency monitor program advised me a extension in firefox was causing High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again. the spike Turn off onboard sound and use USB sound instead i have both usb speakers and usb headphones Reinstall windows pro and get all updates Uninstall mcafee and try browsing without it Praying Shouting at the computer updating every High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again. drive on computer lan cards graphics windows update and so forth Updating High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again. bios flash update latest for my mobo read lots and lots of threads on many differnt leads to the cause but finally i'm in belief its the lan since unplugging the internet stop all the spikes and replugging it in causes instant spikes And still i can not solve this problem its driving me insane The strange thing is though i do not seem to get this DPC spikes when playing games CS Source Starcraft BUT i do get it in Call of duty black ops and in Skype I've searched lots of threads but can not solve this problem Pleae can any one help me If i have missed any details out please let me know and i will gladly add them in Thank you in advance Sam

A:High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again.

so... no one wants to touch this one....

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/187677-high-dpc-latency-causing-sound-issues-desktop-pc-here-we-go-again.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey, I am at the stage we all go through many times in our lives. Trying to decide what computer to get while your computer you have is slowly dying. I'm looking for hints on what computer might be the best for my needs as a gamer.

The main specifications i would like:

Atleaste 8gb Ram
64bit CPU
Good graphics card
Good processor
Pre-installed with Windows 7 (Home Premium is fine)
Pretty much able to handle HD games without me setting all the graphics setting and performance settings to "Ultra Low" - "Ultra High" would be nice!
Something that doesn't overheats itself while using these settings (Don't want to keep checking the heat meters anxiously )
Room for upgrades, easily accessible inside.

Not every detail is needed really but that would be a dream computer. Thank-you for your help.

A:Trying to choose a gaming desktop -- high performance, no overheating

If you have the cash, and no DIY confidence, go for an Alienware.
If you like DIY (like me), read up reviews of hardware which you want, go to the hardware market, buy the 'dream hardware', go home, and assemble.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-choose-a-gaming-desktop-high-performance-no-overheating.179701/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, There is high spread of this error recently in all foras, nowhere good answer. I was fighting high occurance of Windows Desktop Manager errors, it was stopping response and restarting especially with Firefox active and was messing with graphical interface of FF and Windows, I solved it by diseabling in menu bar aero peak for desktop, also run all All - in - One - windows - maintenance, I had some virus/malware on but not wild nor many, Here is good set of check and maintenance procedures,http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html Beware only about resetting connection to network, it has to be than all setup restored manually,  I have good experience with this guy utility for many comps i had to quickly revive and put to order, Recommend

A:High occurance of Windows Desktop Manager error

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here? Are you asking for assistance or are you recommending to use Windows Repair All-in-one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565004/high-occurance-of-windows-desktop-manager-error/
Relevancy 43%

HI I dont know what happened but when I load up Win after the please wait screen there is a black screen with my pointer I can move to desktop Black high then Screen goes start hdd when activity W7 the pointer fine but I have to wait till the black screen goes so I can get W7 Black Screen when start then goes to desktop hdd activity high to the desktop I normally have to wait an additional mins on top of the normal W load for the black screen to disappear and for me to go to the desktop Once there everything is slow and i can hear the hdd keep making that searching noise Is there a way to view my hdd activity on Win When I go into Task Manager CPU Usage is only at Going to Resource Monitor the Disk shows up as MB s There are also or more of the same app instances running in resource monitor guessing this is normal I already installed Malware Bytes and had been infected on that pc in the past Im normally able to fix the problem by running a scan Currently doing a scan doesnt show any problems I ran HiJack this and attached the logs to this post I also had problems attaching the log using the problem pc explorer kept loading and crashed Are there any diagnostic apps I should run and report the results here When booting to safe mode using Msconfig the black screen and high hdd usage problem isnt present So its either a service or app and not a problem with my hdd hardware Also my specs are Dual Core GHz GB ram Ran Win smoothly before so its not a problem with slow hardware I ran System restore and restored to last weeks restore point but the problem is still there Problem just occurred yesterday Dont want to go back to when i first installed w as ill lose all my installed apps I dunno whats wrong Please help gt lt Thanks In advance

A:W7 Black Screen when start then goes to desktop hdd activity high

Hi AzNDuDe, Welcome to SevenForums.

As you have already check with Malwarebytes, lets move to next step. Go to Task Manager and then to Process Tab. Click on Show Process from All users. Click on CPU column and sort it by highest to lowest and see which activity other than System Idle Process is taking up the CPU usage. Also, scan your PC with an antivirus.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302510-w7-black-screen-when-start-then-goes-desktop-hdd-activity-high.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Guys I have have this horror issue with my PC I have even changed the hardware configuration and GUI high after 7, load Windows to fails correctly, desktop display the problem still persists My PC fails to display the desktop correctly after using highly RAM intensive applications especially Chrome but even after getting the chance to close Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load it or waiting for it to crash by itself the PC is still not able to display correctly the GUI even on other browser applications as shown in the screenshots st Hardware Config Intel Core Quad Q x GB DDR MSI P motherboard Ati Radeon x video card Software used that seemed important for me to mention NOD v Comodo Firewall Chrome Screenshot Captor SpeedFan Other mentions Aero is disabled because I've considered that it's one of the causes So I've considered that it's a RAM issue or a videocard issue and I've upgraded to Intel Core i k x GB DDR Asus P Z V-LX motherboard Intel GPU integrated in the k CPU The problem just happened times on this rig also and the RAM was not even coming close to it's maximum capacity of GB It was at GB's Also this is another videocard Intel's integrated GPU so we can exclude the videocard from the suspects My suspects some desktop manager bugs or other similar issue video memory allocation - I'm still suspecting that it can be caused by the amount of RAM dedicated to the videocard currently I think that it is at MB some poorly designed components of Chrome Screenshot Captor - still very questionable since there are enough resources on this system so there should be no fight over resources And when the system is barely used there are no issues Adobe Shockwave Flash - maybe this one I have attached a set of screenshots here these were taken on the st configuration of my PC using Q http imgur com a Mc hI Notice how it distorts the image by duplicating it and showing it in a smaller space or how does it displays those black rectangles In those moments the PC is fully functional the apps are running the background without being slowish or something but you can hardly control it like that For example I've tried to remove the mouse from the USB and then I've insterted it back the image was not displayed correctly but the mouse was recognised instantly and the pointer was controlable Same thing still happens on the new configuration Please advise me OS is Windows x SP Professional and it's Geniune There is no cracked software on this PC No games I've tried to maintain it as clean as possible

A:Windows 7, desktop GUI fails to display correctly, after high load

Not a single ideea in 4 months?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275728-windows-7-desktop-gui-fails-display-correctly-after-high-load.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Issue Desktop computer restarting on using high graphics with no BSOD - Need to know which component to replace Uploading Viddy here YouTube This issue started a few days ago on its own without installing software or hardware I was playing Deus Ex stopped playing it watched some TV had lunch went back on BSOD graphics computer using no [SOLVED] Desktop high restarting with to it and the issue occurred No BSOD just restart and short beeps which on DELL motherboard signify motherboard failure This is [SOLVED] Desktop computer restarting on using high graphics with no BSOD a reproducible issue - with Furmurk your script other power gpu hungry games Thing is I think it is more complex than that PC works well until the load from the UPS goes up a bar This might indicate a potential problem with the power supply which is an aftermarket EZCOOL Max Output W and Input V Later I will check the UPS but I doubt that it is the problem A hard disk containing games had also stopped showing for some time and came back after a hard restart but the issue is still occurring when running a game on the Main drive Regarding the video card it is able to render D output smoothly fan is working and temperature levels are cool In more than one instances I had - seconds of smooth gameplay in two different games From then on I have not been able to play a graphic intensive game and can only play really cool games like Super Meat Boy which is great since I rediscovered it and all but I'm missing the others Now I tried to run BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff but half way through the script the exact thing I'm describing happened The PC restarted Is there some other way to obtain such a log file So I'm not really sure what to do and would appreciate a bit of help or guidance Some quick stats about the system in question DELL Studio Core Quad Q GB DDR Gainward GeForce GTX Ti Windows Pro N x

A:[SOLVED] Desktop computer restarting on using high graphics with no BSOD

Hi,

Your power supply is of a very poor make and is low-end, I wouldn't doubt if it was the reason for the restarting. I would recommend replacing it with a more stable PSU ASAP. Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, etc.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-desktop-computer-restarting-on-using-high-graphics-with-no-bsod-704612.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I've just bought a new laptop (DELL 15 7000) and installed Windows 10 on it. It's my first time using not only Windows 10 but also such a high res computer (1920 x 1080) and, obviously - everything appears very small! I've figured out how to use scaling but here's the thing - the optimal scaling it suggests, 125%, looks wonderful for my desktop and icons but for software and apps 150% is definitely better. Is there any way to combine these two?
I tried custom scaling at 125% but that changed my desktop scaling to 125% and everything else to 100% - which is pretty tiny, and very nearly the opposite of what I wanted to do.
I hope the information I've provided has been enough but if you need to know anything else about my system let me know and I'll provide more info.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438008-windows-10-high-res-monitor-can-i-have-different-scaling-my-programs-apps-than-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows Media Player launches on its own without me clicking on it and I am not even viewing listening to anything I am usually in the middle of typing in Microsoft Word or a Yahoo chat Then my laptop goes haywire -some type of file extension appears in what I am typing like jspg or something like that -i can no longer type if i push any keys it usually goes to the tool bar in the document chat I am working on like it is a command key or something trying to open the drop downs for tools am when on own its WMP launches not using I it file edit etc -then if i click on any of my icons on the desktop they no longer WMP launches on its own when I am not using it launch What appears is the gray properties box so I am not able to launch any applications This was happening frequently and I decided to use the recovery disk and reinstall everything That didn t work and I wound up replacing the hard drive well a computer tech did Since the WMP launches on its own when I am not using it new hard drive it has been working fine until tonight when Windows Media Player launched for no reason while I was typing my paper for class Stats Windows Media Player Toshiba Satellite M -S Windows XP By WMP launches on its own when I am not using it the way if I shut down my laptop and restart I am usually fine Now it only has happened once since the new hard drive but I don t think it should be happening at all I am starting here but don t know if it is more of a Hardware issue Any ideas nbsp

A:WMP launches on its own when I am not using it

Im having a similar issues but Im sure some is taking care of my issue, someone other than me of course because my effort is endless!

I swapped Toshiba Floppy Disk, and my hard drives. I think windows told me to remove one of the jumpers on the HD and unplug the device, then start BIOS and make sure boot order is set to the HD installation WINDOWS FIRST! I have an error here but im not sure its even and error, I BELEIVE having a boot loader installed would greatly help me out here! I cannot seem to get any third party scsci devices installed, not even sure if I have any actually LLoLL, but this can be adressed elsewhere.

Problem being the boot loader im getting doesnt tell me any more information than the BIOS is re-setting its own cmos. I booted from the new HD and evertyhing seemed normal, perfect installation of a windows home edition sp2, problem is I CANNOT GET MY WESTERN DIGITAL HARD DRIVE functioning to its full capabilities, for example id like to use the via Sata Raid utility that came with my hardware and its outdated. I need to get assurance that it is infact a scsci device thats in my full control hence JBOD?RAID?BINARY

I have old notes of my classes of visual basic that have alot of KEY TERMINOLOGY that will one day be very usefull to me, just gonna have to get me either A) Some quick fix or B) Additional Help C) A mac or whatever...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-launches-on-its-own-when-i-am-not-using-it.565186/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had a HD problem. I purchased a new 160 GB HD for my Laptop/Notebook. I did a fresh install of the Restore CD. Opened IE to download Firefox. Now IE launches on its own with pop-ups ads. I also purchased Norton's 360. I also have AVG Free. They both found tracking cookies that I've had them delete. I try not to use IE if at all possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Richard

A:IE launches on its own---Need Help

Hey, my first suggestion is to follow this forum's 5 step procedure to removing/getting help with malware:

Read this thread and follow the instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

I also try to not use IE when possible, at one point i used comodo firewall to block the program from being run by any other program. (you may want to look into this, i'm not sure if it's do-able with AVG)

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-launches-on-its-own-need-help-278878.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi - for the last days I ve had a strange problem where my PC randomly opens yahoo in IE when I m typing it s not my home page It only does this whilst I m using the keyboard browsing by mouse is fine I ve tried using notepad to see if it s a specific keystroke making it launch but best I can see this really is random I m running an HP Pavilion with XP Media Centre Internet Security v amp SP For security I use Norton Internet Security etc virus definitions all up to date I also have a HP Multimedia wireless keyboard - it has quick access keys across the top but I m not going anywhere near these First thing I checked was Launches Own Ie7 It's On the Multimedia keyboard settings - moved them all Ie7 Launches On It's Own back to defaults so Internet Launch should take Ie7 Launches On It's Own me to hp website Carry on typing problem started again Checked keyboard settings they were pointing back to Yahoo So I ran a full Norton scan overnight and it came back clean bar one tracking cookie which I cleaned I ran a Panda scan today following some notes on this website and again it just came back with cookies have saved the result I ve deleted all temp internet files cookies etc I ve installed the latest software from hp for my keyboard and rebooted a number of times The problem is still happening I know it doesn t sound so bad but as it switches focus to the new tab when you re half way through a word it s a real pain Talking to Norton LiveChat support last night it opened tabs in the space of sentences hence I m doing this on my laptop I ve also checked the list of fake spyware from another post and I have none of them installed I have however found that if I stop the process kbd exe then the problem goes away Don t know if I ve picked up something nasty or if it s just some innocent corruption like the registry Can anyone help me please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163598/ie7-launches-on-its-own/
Relevancy 38.7%

Does anyone know whether Windows 7 will still be available in the stores for purchase once Windows 8 is officially launched on Oct 25th?

Perhaps someone can recall what happened to Vista when Win 7 launched.

If Win 7 is going to be pulled from the shelves, then maybe it's time to stock up before it's gone.

A:Win 7 availability once Win 8 launches?

Of course it will. Windows 8 sucks.

1 shelf 4 feet long dedicated to W8.

10 Shelves 20 feet long dedicated to W7..............and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254574-win-7-availability-once-win-8-launches.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello technet!
Been frustrating me lately that paint doesn't work when im just going to do simple cropping or editing of pictures.
I'm launching paint.exe and nothing happens. When i look at task manager, it say it's process is active using 0% CPU and 1.1mb memory. No error shows up.
Trying to run it as admin, but nothing works. How can i reinstall or fix this issue?

Running Windows 8.1 Pro x64

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/de8c7621-b278-476d-bcc1-32c11bf2e0ae/ms-paint-launches-but-cant-be-seen?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 38.7%

on boot up all is normal , the 1st icon i click whatever it is launches 50 times , can be stoped by hitting the ESC key and all is ok untill the next day not the next boot scans with repatable software shows nothing "machine shows no signs of infection"

A:Icon x 50 launches

Is this a desktop or laptop?
If you open a program thru Start, programs (select program) does it work normally the first time you open a program?
Just for grins, try a different keyboard if its a desktop.
I am thinking, maybe you should do a hard drive scan and let the scan try to fix bad sectors.
Then maybe run SFC scannow google that for directions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261704/icon-x-50-launches/
Relevancy 38.7%

Quote:
Since we started building GPUs over ten years ago, NVIDIA has had some of the most loyal and dedicated fans on the planet. Your passion for games is what has pushed us to create faster and better GPUs.
For a long time we've wanted to do something for you that makes your PC gaming experience better and that helps cultivate PC gaming at large. Today, we're pleased to unveil the first step of that effort--a new website called GeForce.com.

more..
Twitter
GeForce.com - Get the Most Out of Your GPU

A:GeForce.com Launches

Site requires Flash....
I am disappointed and will not be using it much.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/123671-geforce-com-launches.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I recently had a problem of IE repeatedly launching itself while the computer was idle I uninstalled IE leaving only IE Now IE launches itself only during bootup although it works fine as does the rest of the computer I'm sure it is some malware DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bruce at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C winnt system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C winnt System svchost exe -k netsvcs C bootup IE7 launches on winnt system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C winnt system IE7 launches on bootup spoolsv exe IE7 launches on bootup svchost exe C winnt Explorer EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C winnt system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files IE7 launches on bootup Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C winnt System GEARSec exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe D Program Files iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINNT EncryptorControl exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C winnt system nvsvc exe C winnt system HPZipm exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files GhostSurf Platinum ProtectorSvc exe C Program Files LTCM Client ltcmScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files IE New Window Maximizer iemaximizer exe C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINNT system slpservice exe C winnt System svchost exe -k imgsvc C winnt system slpmonx exe C WINNT system Tablet exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C winnt system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINNT system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bruce DR-RR TVVFCU U Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www mdeyedocs com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer lt local gt uWindows load slpmonx exe BHO SpywareBlock Class a e f- a- b -b -e c a f - c program files ghostsurf platinum SCActiveBlock dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton internet security engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug... Read more

A:IE7 launches on bootup

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269265/ie7-launches-on-bootup/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I can launch IE and it will attempt to go to my homepage then launches 8 freezes IE http www google co uk The DNS resolves OK and sometimes the page does render fully and sometimes it gets maybe just the top menu bar from Google The IE bottom left status says quot Done quot but the progress bar stays at green The UI is now frozen I have to quot End Process quot to kill IE This brings up a popup saying quot You chose to end a nonresponsive program Internet Explorer quot Chrome and Firefox work OK to the same URLs Windows Update also does not get new files though it is set to download them I ve got up to date AVG SuperAntispyware MalwareBytes and Windows Defender None indicate any problems Possibly related If I issue this command quot iexplore exe IE 8 launches then freezes -extoff quot I get a window that looks like the Windows File Explorer titled quot http xtoff - Microsoft Internet Explorer quot that is also frozen but is displaying the Desktop and one level down icons And if I right click the desktop IE shortcut I can choose NoAddOns but clicking it pops up a message saying quot The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the folder Options control panel quot I hope I ve given you enough to go on and please do let me know if I can provide any more details that will help get to the bottom of IE and Windows Updates not working All help appreciated Onward Mark DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Dan at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG PC Tuneup BoostSpeed exe svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Dan Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun SsAAD exe c prog... Read more

A:IE 8 launches then freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/427379 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427379/ie-8-launches-then-freezes/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi, I am operating Windows XP and if we are not connected to the internet, AOL still tries to launch automatically. This can be really annoying if you are in the middle of games etc, as it disrupts whatever you happen to be doing. Where do I look for the autolaunch file of AOL? Thanks.

A:AOL launches automatically

if i am correct go to internet explorer and then internet properties and then connection tab. Somewhere in there it will have the option to always dial a connect, never dial and only dial if... (forgot the rest)
select never dial a connection
this should fix your problem

sorry i can not get the exact wording to all of this but post back if you need more help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/aol-launches-automatically-186685.html
Relevancy 38.27%

newish system was working fine up until 2 weeks ago.. now Call of duty 4,Company of hero's and republic comando games crash after the load up menu.....I tried adjusting the graphics even though they were working on ther highest settings before. I read somewhere that the 8500gt graphics card i have has some issues. If any one could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated. I have intel core duo 2.66ghz, 2 gb of ram. I'm not that technical dammit.

A:Crashing as game launches

comes up with a message saying game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crashing-as-game-launches-236275.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Clicking the link will bring you to Windows Store and open it at the same time ONLY launches Windows app UWP 10 for Kodi if you have Edge set Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10 as default browser Kodi The media player Kodi has just been upgraded to the new Universal Windows Platform Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10 UWP app format and can now be found in the Windows Store for installation on Windows PCs The app is designed for large screens such as a television set and can be used for consuming a variety of media from movies and music to podcasts and images Here s the official app description for Kodi in the Windows Store Kodi media center formerly known as XBMC Media Center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs Home theater PCs It uses a -foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room using a remote control as the primary input device Its graphical user interface GUI allows the user to easily browse and view videos photos podcasts and music from a harddrive optical disc local network and the internet using only a few buttons Kodi launches UWP app for Windows reveals involvement in Desktop Bridge WinBeta How to get it Well obviously in the Windows Store and search for Kodi Or you can click this link and go straight to the store page itself Yes it s still free as we ll never ask for money For now we have added our Kodi v beta to the store and will continue updating it till the final release comes Afterwards we ll just stick to final releases so you don t need to worry about getting potential unstable builds afterwards For those who don t use the store you can still download the Windows version of Kodi from our official download page Don t forget we also have some official tablet phone remote controls for both Android and iOS which you can use to control every Kodi version in your home You can find the links to them on the download page Kodi goes Windows Store Kodi

A:Kodi launches UWP app for Windows 10

Thanks for the info

Never tried Kodi, but have used Media Portal in the past and now use Plex

Will need to give this a try

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64386-kodi-launches-uwp-app-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

There is a program that tries to install everytime I reboot the computer It is smile webshots I looked for a startup entry and removed it but then it re-appears next time tried to startup launches program on let it finish installation and then remove it after But then I get the same issue DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Paquetted at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated CC -C B - D- FEF-A D A SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF program launches on startup SP Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated ED D D-EF - B -B F- FE E program launches on startup A BB FW Kaspersky Anti-Virus Disabled E FFDEC- DD- C -A B - DA EBDE D D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C program launches on startup Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Novell Client XTier Services XTSvcMgr exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations MP avp exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x DD DualDesk exe C Windows system iprntsrv exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent klnagent exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files x Sensormatic NetworkClient Bin NtlxSrvMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x DD DualDesk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System nwtray exe C Windows System iprntctl exe C Windows System iprntlgn exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Sensormatic NetworkClient Bin NtlxEventhandler exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations MP avp exe C Program Files x real realplayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x DD DDHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Novell GroupWise grpwise exe C Program Files x Novell GroupWise Notify exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks agihelper AGUtils bc e fa- ef- - c- a c a - mscoree dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO agihelper AGUtils bc e fa- ef- - c- a c a - mscoree dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dl... Read more

A:program launches on startup

Good evening. Download OTL by OldTimer from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the tool to run it. Click the Quick Scan button and allow it to do it's thing. Once complete, it should open two Notepad Windows - OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt It should also save copies in the same location as OTL. I want you to copy and paste the contents of OTL.txt that should appear into one reply and Extras.Txt into another. The length of the two logs sometimes results in the end being chopped off if you post both in one reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471903/program-launches-on-startup/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
I am trying to fix a problem for a user that I support but Word is not one of my strong suits.
Everytime the user clicks on a new Word document, it opens a completely new session of Word instead of opening within the current session.
We are experiencing this with one user on Word 97 and en-masse with Word 2000.
I have tried looking into and editing the commands in the File Association area and everything looks fine (ie: compared to a machine without the issue)

A:New Session of Word Launches for each new doc

I believe this is standard and unchangeable behavior with Word 2000. It was made an option with Word 2002. As for Word 97, there might be a setting to change, but I'm not aware of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-session-of-word-launches-for-each-new-doc.52610/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi All

I hope you can help with this.

Windows XP Pro.
My login does not have administrator rights.

At random intervals the run as dialogue pops up, mostly when I am not doing anything on the machine.

I click on cancel each time, but I would like to know how I can find out what launched the dialogue to enable me to decide if it is a legitimate request or a virus/malware.

Thanks in anticipation

A:"run as" dialogue launches at random

Hello and welcome to the forum!

What else does the "run as" diaglogue box say?
That may be helpful.

Also, if you dont have admin rights whose system is this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391459/run-as-dialogue-launches-at-random/
Relevancy 38.27%

This problem is occurring on two different Windows XP machines one pro amp one home After an extended period of time ranging from about hrs to days it becomes impossible to launch applications and currently running apps cannot open a pop-up window Typically I have about windows open but will have started and stopped dozens possibly hundreds of mostly console apps If I close some then it is possible to load apps but the process repeats itself requiring even more windows to be closed The only solution is to reboot and then all is well Immediately following the reboot I can open all the apps present before the reboot and many more The most useful error message I have gotten is an Event Id which is not very helpful since it seems to be a generic message used when any popup window fails Both system amp user apps are affected I have lived with it on a Dell desktop for well over a year Now I m having the same problem with a Thinkpad The Dell is hyper-threaded and the Thinkpad dual-core My other machines have been single I have not tried turning the feature off yet but I will It seems obvious to app hrs pop-ups and 24 Windows fail XP after launches me that some system resource is being used up but I cannot identify what it is I have tried shutting down all apps and trying Windows XP pop-ups and app launches fail after 24 hrs to bring the system back as close as I can to a post-boot status There is plenty of both real amp virtual memory available There is no unusual number of processes running I have Googled the problem and found two similar error reports but neither had any useful suggestions Any suggestions Frank nbsp

A:Windows XP pop-ups and app launches fail after 24 hrs

Go into task manager and go to the Processes tab. This should tell you what programs are taking up what resources. Could be one of your programs you use might close, but the process does not stop. It could be that everytime you launch it, it creates another session of it and eventually you have a bunch of extra processes going. Check that out and let me know.

Ive seen that happen with Outlook before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pop-ups-and-app-launches-fail-after-24-hrs.468939/
Relevancy 38.27%

hello evrybody! i'm poli and i ot a problem with my IE6..

each time i press the CTRL key, my IE6 browser keeps launching..

its drivin me nuts because i cant play a decent game because if

i press the ctrl key mid-game, IE keeps launching... HELP! someone!

whats happening?!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98629/help-my-ctrl-key-launches-ie-as-if-it-were-a-shortcut-help/
Relevancy 38.27%

have a strange anomally one boot up I have not noticed before the hdd on Multple file launches boot up makes a series of clicks two many to count but clicks for about - seconds then continues to boot normally it is not slow normal for xp the next thing that happens is the most strange and that is the st icon that i click on launches multiples of the same file I use firefox and yesterday launched times obviously slowing the machine down till it sorts its self out I have found that hitting the ESc key stops the multi launch once this has happened there is no other problems on the pc that i have found all working fine no resouces drain files open Multple file launches and shut as they should no spyware detected no malware detected have no reason Multple file launches to beleive that its a virus new installation new hdd about two weeks ago use super antispy malwarebytes and nod software I also use online armor firewall broad band connection through a router no net work connected at present pent IIII dual processor g mem running at meg graphics card audigy sound any advice would be good

A:Multple file launches

ignore this post now not fixed but new prob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261473/multple-file-launches/
Relevancy 38.27%

A few days ago firefox starts at startup. Theres nothing listed in startup for it. Im fairly sure its not a virus or malware. Is there a tool that can monitor what causes it to pull up? The only recent changes have been setting up a vpn.

I reinstalled firefox and didnt atart on its own for about 10 boots but now it is. I have vpncheck pro that autostarts rograms and disables them when vpn is active but this occurred before that program was installed. it closes firefox after startup cause it sees no vpn. the vpn connects and reopens it like it should. So i dont think it that software..

nvm. yesterday i was doing system image restores. today just got done creating one. I think it involves windows 8 fastboot thing with shutdown vs restarting. maybe i had it open and thats why cause it doesnt happen with restart.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/15851-firefox-launches-startup.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Recently after trying personally to remove viruses on my laptop i decided to play around with deleting affected files and tried different setting in the boot system in MSCONFIG straight cmd.exe to Laptop launches Subsequently when screen loads up to user profiles it asks for Admin password after which it goes straight to the CMD exe screen Windows obviously hasn t started up as i can only get this or Task Bar up on the screen There is no Start button or the usual Windows background How do i get MSCONFIG back up Laptop launches straight to cmd.exe at this stage to change the settings back to it s original I ve tried F and the various Safe Mode settings but it still loads up to CMD after i enter Admin password ANy help is appreciated If i am at a loss here please let me know as obviously there is a final option and to pay someone to back up my files and reboot the whole of the system to Factory settings nbsp

A:Laptop launches straight to cmd.exe

It really depends what you changed and what you deleted. If you get a command prompt, then Windows is loaded and running. There is no other command prompt in the NT series unless you have the 16-bit one.

Try running msconfig from the command prompt.

You can use Parted Magic to transfer all your files if you decide to do a factory restoration.

Parted Magic disk partitoning tool (Bootable CD image)
If you prefer a bootable USB key, download and run Linux Live USB Creator. Choose the Parted Magic distro, and it will download it and automatically create a bootable USB key.

This CD (or key) contains many useful tools. You can partition, recover files, recover lost partitions, make disk images (by several different methods), transfer files between media, scan for viruses (It can serve as an Alternative Trusted Platform for search and elimination of rootkits and bootkits), examine and benchmark hardware, access the internet, and much more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-launches-straight-to-cmd-exe.984267/
Relevancy 38.27%

I know it's not a Beta, but with Win7, it carried on working for a long time after launch and was cheap to purchase for the Beta testers.

What happens this time round?

A:Will testers need to purchase 8 when it launches?

Well, there have been numerous free releases including the RTM trial of enterprise which is free for anybody.

And the upgrade price of $39 is pretty low, especially in comparison to previous versions...so I don't forsee them offering it any cheaper to testers.

People doing extensive testing likely have Technet and are using that.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9239-will-testers-need-purchase-8-when-launches.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't want to get rid of realplayer because it's really good at tagging, downloading, and converting FLVs, like Youtube. But it keeps launching processes, even when I'm not using it, and the computer starts to run slower until I shut them down manually. It's annoying. Is there any way around this beyond getting rid of it?

Realplayer actually puts a little tag above FLVs, to click and download. Other programs are more awkward, and forget those web based thingies - they're time-limited and buggy. I like its abilities in that regard but I hate all those processes.

A:Realplayer launches too many processes

RealPlayer does install unecessary modules as Startup Items which start automatically with Windows.
Provided you know what you are looking for, you can disable them with Ccleaner from here:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Install it & open it.
Click "Tools", then click "Startup".
Here, ALL your startup items are listed in one place.
Select (one at a time) anything which refers to RealPlayer or one of it's modules, then click "Disable".

When done, close Ccleaner and restart Windows. Items you've just disabled will no longer start with Windows.
If your are very confident, you can (optionally) open Ccleaner again and this time "Delete" any disabled items you definitely know you will never need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realplayer-launches-too-many-processes.1056740/
Relevancy 38.27%

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2006/07/samsung_launche.html#more

The NV7 OPS gives us a whopping 7x zoom along with 7.2mp inside a matte black shell. You have the choice of going totally automatic, semi-automatic (you're only shooting pictures, mind), or fully manual to make the most of your surroundings. Also included is Optical Picture Stabilisation and Advanced Shake Reduction

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-launches-new-nv-series.481070/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am looking for a solution to stop a process called redirect.ocx launching a new webpage when I type into a document or attempt to type a new webpage.

I have a HP desktop running XP and the latest Norton anti-virus which shows no problem whne scanned.

I have reinstalled keyboard drivers but problem remains.

Does anyone know how to remove or stop this? In the course of typing this message I have had 6 instances of the PC trying to transfer me to a different page.

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirect-ocx-from-hp-launches-explorer.791695/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi My Internet Explorer launches by itself in background I can close the process itself Internet Explorer by launches thanks to ProcessExplorer Also I can see in Internet Explorer launches by itself Process Explorer the command line used for Internet Explorer quot C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe quot http www findcrazy org ac php aid amp sid direc quot C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe quot http www searchmotionless org ac php aid amp sid direc quot C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe quot http www finddamp org ac php aid amp sid direc Sometimes I can hear some audio adverts It might be video but I can t tell because I can t open the window I ran OTL with a custom scan netsvcs SYSTEMDRIVE exe md starteventlog dllscecli dllnetlogon dllcngaudit dllsceclt dllntelogon dlllogevent dlliaStor sysnvstor sysatapi sysIdeChnDr sysviasraid sysAGP sysvaxscsi sysnvatabus sysviamraid sysnvata sysnvgts sysiastorv sysViPrt syseNetHook dllahcix sysKR N sysnvstor sys md stop systemroot mp s systemroot system dll lockedfiles systemroot System config savCREATERESTOREPOINTHere are the logs OTL OTL logfile created on - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder D alain rootkits otl Home Premium Edition Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United Kingdom Language ENG Date Format dd MM yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C Windows ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive Y Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive Z Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Computer Name GEOFFREY-PC User Name Geoffrey Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode Current userCompany Name Whitelist Off Skip Microsoft Files Off No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - D alain rootkits otl OTL exe OldTimer Tools PRC - C Program Files ESET ESET Online Scanner OnlineCmdLineScanner exe PRC - D alain ProcessExplorer procexp exe Sysinternals - www sysinternals com PRC - C Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exe Uniblue Software PRC - C Windows explorer exe Microsoft Corporation PRC - C Windows System taskhost exe Microsoft Corporation PRC - C Windows System conhost exe Microsoft Corporation PRC - C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe Microsoft Corporation PRC - C Program Files Royal Mail SmartStamp BINARY STRAY EXE Modules SafeList MOD - D alain rootkits otl OTL exe OldTimer Tools MOD - C Windows winsxs x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none fe fa b bd comctl dll Microsoft Corporation Win Services SafeList SRV - WW -- File not foundSRV - PEDAPHEG -- File not foundSRV - IEIBWEBSY -- File not foundSRV - hasplms -- File not foundSRV - WatAdminSvc -- C Windows System Wat WatAdminSvc exe Microsoft Corporation SRV - SensrSvc -- C Windows System sensrsvc dll Microsoft Corporation SRV - WinDefend -- C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll Microsoft Corporation SRV - BcmSqlStartupSvc -- C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe Microsoft Corporation Driver Services SafeList DRV - Haspnt -- C Windows System drivers Haspnt sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems DRV - aksfridge -- C Windows System drivers aksfridge sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd DRV - akshasp -- C Windows System drivers akshasp sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd DRV - Hardlock -- C Windows system drivers hardlock sys SafeNet Inc DRV - aksusb -- C Windows System drivers aksusb sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd DRV - akshhl -- C Windows System drivers akshhl sys Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd DRV - yukonw -- C Windows System drivers yk x sys DRV - athr -- C Windows System drivers athr sys Ath... Read more

A:Internet Explorer launches by itself

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have had[/list]Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384251/internet-explorer-launches-by-itself/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I m new to these forums I Itself. Explorer Launches Internet have mentioned this problem to a few people and a few forums but I have not felt I ve been Internet Explorer Launches Itself. given the best advice to deal with my problem For a few months now I have had a problem with my computer Basically if I want to check something by clicking on Control Panel or My Computer before taking me to the proper screen Internet Explorer will suddenly launch and a window will pop up telling me I may be at risk of spyware and that I should scan my computer Clicking the quot X quot button usually does not close it at first Sometimes it will tell me I have porn on my computer which I don t I have scanned my computer with the latest up to date version of Avasts free antivirus software and although it has found a few virus in the past recent scans have come up with nothing I m also using SpyBot Search and Destroy also up to date and also finding nothing I have an old used computer that uses Windows which I have been using for a few months It used to be an office computer and it has a very small hard drive so downloading new programs may not be an option I was using the free Comodo firewall but had to uninstall recently due to problems with it not opening up I have also tried uninstalling Ad-Aware to free up space but have been unable to do so When I want to go online I use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox which I switched to after having problems with Explorer I believe the version of Explorer I have is version I m pretty new when it comes to computers so I was hoping someone could offer some clear advice suggestions Thanks

A:Internet Explorer Launches Itself.

Welcome to BC
What you are describing is certainly spyware. I'm moving your post to a forum where the experts can better address the problem
Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144071/internet-explorer-launches-itself/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

First posting - not really sure where this fits. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 c3.5yrs old with Vista. Launched it this morning and all the text from teh very first screen is gobbledigook/hyrogliphics. I cant make head nor tail of anything. HELP! Where do I start or go? Is it knackered or a simple matter of doing something?

Any help much appreciated.

Thx

A:Gobbledigook when computer launches!

Hi, npa2310, welcome to TSF.

Could you possibly take a photo with a camera of the screen and upload it? Then we'll probably know what we're dealing with.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gobbledigook-when-computer-launches-599662.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Press Releases

Product Page

A:AVG Launches Premium Security

jamescv7 said:

Press Releases

Product PageClick to expand...

69 $
but, how about detection rate?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-launches-premium-security.2887/
Relevancy 38.27%

Gotta be a corrupt registry or something, but I've got a computer that launches MS Money setup when ever I open just about any other program or My documents, Control Panel, or My computer etc.

Could this be a bad file association, so that the Windows Installer or Money Installer has been associated with opening a window or something?

Any ideas without a Wipe and reload?

A:MS Money setup launches with everything

No one has any idea on why one specific program would launch when ever any windows are opened? Actually it appears to launch three times whenever I open any Windows system folders, Control Panel, My documents, My pictures, Internet Explorer, (but not aftermarket software (like photodeluxe or quicken, etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-money-setup-launches-with-everything.215994/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi All This is my first post in the forum so here goes My Windows XP SP system started this bizarre behavior over the weekend When I reboot an instance of iexplore exe is launched in the background and the volume iexplore.exe at boot launches control is removed from the taskbar I have used several virus scanners registry cleaners and Ad-Aware to try an resolve the problem I have IE installed wit hthe latest MS updates Here is the hijackthis log run after reboot Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS iexplore.exe launches at boot system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system iexplore.exe launches at boot svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition mainserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP Dfawep bin hpbdfawep exe C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA QUICKEN bagent exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe D Ingres Ingres II ingres bin ivm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition apcsystray exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http Status Router asp O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run POINTER C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run hpbdfawep C Program Files HP Dfawep bin hpbdfawep exe O - HKLM Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCAN O - HKLM RunServices sysprep wscntfx exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - HKCU Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCAN O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run QuickenScheduledUpdates C PROGRA QUICKEN bagent exe O - Global Startup APC UPS Status lnk C Program Files APC APC PowerChute Personal Edition Display exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Fil... Read more

A:iexplore.exe launches at boot

Hi, welcome to TSF!

Before we continue, please follow the instructions presented in this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html then post the requested logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/iexplore-exe-launches-at-boot-316503.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Help I am getting very Annoying Launches Browser annoying launching of new web pages all advertising of Annoying Browser Launches course randomly from any web page without touching the mouse I have run AVG SpyBot HJT and everything else I could find with Annoying Browser Launches no success Please help me clean my machine Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Annoying Browser Launches v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS SGVucnkgS JlYnM command exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS System WLTRAY exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C WINDOWS Samsung LaserSMMgr ssmmgr exe C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files CE Software QuicKeys QkEngine exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HP SchedIndexer C Program Files Hewlett-Packard LaserJet xx hppschedindexer exe O - HKLM Run HP AutoIndexer C Program Files Hewlett-Packard LaserJet xx hppautoindexer exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS System WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe O - HKLM Run Samsung LBP SM quot C WINDOWS Samsung LaserSMMgr ssmmgr exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run i kfangui C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe startup O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup HP LaserJet Director lnk C Program Files Hewlett-Packard LaserJet xx hppdirector exe O - Global Startup QuicKeys Engine lnk C Program Files CE Software QuicKeys QkEngine exe O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing... Read more

A:Annoying Browser Launches

Download the Trial version of Superantispyware Pro (SAS):
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispyware.html?rid=3132
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please paste that information here for me with a new Hijack This log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-browser-launches.599865/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello sounds like i am in the same boat as sraelkin and others I keep getting IE opening a new window and directing me here hxxp www ppcblinks com promo sid NTA NTIuNTk LjI NS wLjE MC u and to other websites I also get search engine redirects on both google and bing This is crippling my ability to use the laptop for powerpoint and other business functions DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning disabled Updated DB redirects and Window launches - F - A -B - A FD D AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel Wireless Window launches and redirects Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast Window launches and redirects aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files SAP SAPsetup setup Updater NwSapAutoWorkstationUpdateService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exeC WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files SAP SAPsetup setup Updater NwSapSetupUserNotificationTool exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https www ynaconnection com mDefault Page URL https www ynaconnection comuInternet Settings ProxyServer proxy- yazaki local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dlluRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exemRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exemRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exemRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exemRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exemRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exemRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot rmRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exemRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun SAP WUS UNT quot c program files sap sapsetup setup updater NwSapSetupUserNotificationTool exe quot mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program files intel wireless bin ZC... Read more

A:Window launches and redirects

Hi, All4's Welcome.Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here. Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop. Double click GMER.exe. If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..

Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ... Sections IAT/EAT Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\) Show All (don't miss this one) Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish. Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275342/window-launches-and-redirects/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've not been around lately because i've been making a website. Publisher based its really stone age stuff ...but considerin i couldnt use the web a few years ago nor microsoft word..im gonna give me som props... However if u follow the link you may notice it slow to load pics..why...does anyone have som simple things they would recommend to add to make it look more pro...simple been the opreative word...THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS...Any advice i've got from bleeping members has been a great help. ....here it is....get ready....for the most extreme.........da da daaaa........www.tomino.ie

A:Sleepydog Launches A Website!

Great Web site! I have some few tips for you:

1.) You may want to center your web site in the middle of the page.

2.) you main image is a little distorted. If you want a larger one you should try and upload a larger sized picture. Your Pall-Trans logo is also distorted I can't read what it says underneath it.

3.) you may want to change your title to something other then Blank (maybe Tomino Logistics)

4.) This is optional but I think it would look better if you put your addresses and telephone number in a box. (put a square around it)

Sorry if I sound mean but, I am just trying to help You !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45801/sleepydog-launches-a-website/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi.

I was wondering is there a software like RocketDock (or some of it's alternatives) that launches when you hover in a corner (for example top right one).
I'm looking for something like this:

so that when i click on an icon or folder it opens another "quarter circle" with more folder or apps to be launched like this:

A:Is there a software like RocketDock that launches in a corner?

Nearest that I can come up with is SliderDock. Unfortunately the quarter circle option isn't an option that's included.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/341578-there-software-like-rocketdock-launches-corner.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Kaspersky launches its own OS on Russian routers SOURCE theregister co uk ARTICLE DATE rd its Kaspersky Operating System launches own Aug Kaspersky Labs has finished building its eponymously-named operating system after four years of quiet development IMAGE commons wikimedia org Little information about the OS has made it onto the English-speaking side of the internet Kaspersky Labs Kaspersky launches its own Operating System Russia told Vulture South to wait a few weeks Kaspersky launches its own Operating System for the English press release for information What we do know is that in ebullient Kaspersky Lab chief executive officer Eugene Kaspersky described the OS as a ground-up build to help protect industrial control systems A more detailed paper published at the time revealed it would be designed to help protect infrastructure like power stations electricity grids and telecommunications networks It appears the Kaspersky launches its own Operating System operating system has been deployed in routers manufactured by Russian outfit Kraftway a company that seems to sell into various industrial control system markets and verticals including government healthcare and education Russian speakers may enjoy more detailed reading on Vedomosti ru To read the full article please visit the link at the top of the page nbsp

A:Kaspersky launches its own Operating System

Thanks for the share

I first looked the date to see if we were an April Fools' Day
After I read the article

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-launches-its-own-operating-system.62686/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I recentely noticed that Internet Explorer launches itself in background. I ran ProcessExplorer in SafeMode and it showed no Internet Explorer program running. However as soon as I ran explorer from the command of Process Explorer, Internet Explorer would launch in background. I can kill it but it comes back after a little while.

I ran Spybot but it did not show anything.

I ran HijackThis and saved the log.

Please help me, thanks.

alffla

A:Internet explorer launches itself in background

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383887/internet-explorer-launches-itself-in-background/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi All I have a Surface Pro with win after screen launches Camera app saver all up to date I have the display set to turn off after -minutes and the screen saver Bubbles Mystic set at Camera app launches after screen saver minutes with the Login screen required Most of the times when I come back and move the mouse or tap the keyboard the camera app shows up before the login screen I used to have to reboot as there was no way to shut down the camera app I disabled the camera don't use it anyway in the Device Manager and now when the camera app shows it has a message quot You need to install a camera quot and then after about -seconds it closes and I get the login screen A few days back I decided on a fresh win install so used the msoft USB Media Recovery or whatever it is tool and it is still doing the same thing with the camera app before the login screen Driving me nuts Is there some way I can remove the camera app I am guessing it is the Metro-version as it is full screen and no visible way to shut it down Thanks

A:Camera app launches after screen saver

You are running your battery down using the screensaver. Just have it go to sleep. It may be something that is a task, that could be causing the camera to wake up, when you go to use it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71810-camera-app-launches-after-screen-saver.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok, so this is whats happening. After i boot up my laptop, i am greeted with two of these things..

They are just slowing my startup speed -_- , I dont know whats happening, I tried to 'open' them using several programs but nothing happens. The program just opens up.

And the file name, 'dr' is I THINK a part of the user name of my PC. he take a look...

I used to get one of these 'open' with things for several months now, a week ago, I started getting two.

REINSTALLING WINDOWS IS NOT AN OPTION.

A:'Open With' launches after Boot. Win 7 Home

Hi, did you ever finish troubleshooting in this thread?
Windows is asking 'how to open' a random file at startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/331429-open-launches-after-boot-win-7-home.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Kaspersky launches its own OS on Russian routers SOURCE theregister co uk ARTICLE DATE rd Aug Kaspersky Labs has finished building its eponymously-named operating system after four years of quiet launches System Operating their Kaspersky own development IMAGE commons Kaspersky launches their own Operating System wikimedia org Little Kaspersky launches their own Operating System information about the OS has made it onto the English-speaking side of the internet Kaspersky Labs Russia told Vulture South to wait a few weeks for the English press release for information What we do know is that in ebullient Kaspersky Lab chief executive officer Eugene Kaspersky described the OS as a ground-up build to help protect industrial control systems A more detailed paper published at the time revealed it would be designed to help protect infrastructure like power stations electricity grids and telecommunications networks It appears the operating system has been deployed in routers manufactured by Russian outfit Kraftway a company that seems to sell into various industrial control system markets and verticals including government healthcare and education Russian speakers may enjoy more detailed reading on Vedomosti ru To read the full article please visit the link at the top of the page nbsp

A:Kaspersky launches their own Operating System

Thanks for the share

I first looked the date to see if we were an April Fools' Day
After I read the article

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-launches-their-own-operating-system.62686/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everyone. i have a weird one here. At first it seemed to be an Exchange related issue, but when I logged on as another user the same issue happened. I tried a detect and repair which did nothing, so I completely uninstalled Office 2003 and rebooted. After I reinstalled, the application complained about the previous attempt and asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode. Well, it has been about 15 hours and still Outlook is trying to launch. Obviously something is still cached somewhere, possibly the Application Data folder? This computer is up to date for Hotfixes and event viewer only has generic "Application Hangs" in the logs. Anyone know if there are registry entries that need to be dumped or files left behind in the Application Data folder? Thanks

Relevancy 37.84%

Yesterday I had a program called drwatson ex exe launching I noticed in task manager that a process I didn t recognize was also running msdtctr When I killed that drwatson exe stopped launching I thought I had removed it manually without issue as no further adverse effects were noticed for the rest of the day Earlier today I was being disturbed by av exe I removed it and in the process of rebooting came to realize that msdtctr was running again on start I did self-launches removal IEXPLORE after malware a bit more digging and was able to remove av drwatson ex and msdtctr completely including emptying out my TEMP folder altogether I also uninstalled Adobe Acrobat reader since today was the second time I IEXPLORE self-launches after malware removal was infected via a website that had no need for Acrobat yet it was launched anyways as a vehicle to deliver the infection However now I see that IEXPLORE continues to launch itself No window or any other indication but a process is listed I later found out that in uninstalling Acrobat Reader and or tweaking my browser s security settings Flash wasn t present or functioning so I reinstalled that Shortly after I did it turns out that IEXPLORE is probably acting as a frontend for advertising because now there was unwelcome audio gracing my machine as well Audio that stops whenever I use task manager to end process IEXPLORE Thankfully the audio is only present about of the time But it has got to go Based on the two infections I just experienced is there maybe something I missed that is facilitating this About a month ago I managed to contract a virus the name of which I cannot remember I found a thread online grabbed the two utilities it called for used them and was virus free System hasn t been the same since have to click on some files a few times before they ll actually open front end for file browsing was destroyed in some programs etc I only mention this in case IEXPLORE launching is from that I seriously doubt this as Flash has been intact on my machine since and I ve noticed no such issue As a side note I ve always been an internet prude Since when I first re-entered x computing most of which was completely without anti-virus I had contracted two viruses both were entirely avoidable but I slipped Yet here in the past month I ve contracted three more Two from abuses via Acrobat Reader browser plugin I certainly hope this is not an accurate portrayal of what personal computing is to become I digress Can anybody help me understand how IEXPLORE is continuously launching itself Or tell me what else I need to share before this can be ascertained I thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iexplore-self-launches-after-malware-removal.904111/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have been working with Cybertech (here on TechGuy Forums) to speed up my computer, clean up my startup procedures (using msconfig) and deleting unwanted programs but nothing we did can explain why I have this unusual problem now.

When I start up my computer, the Registry Editor Screen pops up with MUICache highlighted. The path is: Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache. This does not cause me any problems; it's just an annoyance.

Can anyone explain why this screen appears and how to stop it?

Relevancy 37.84%

When I click quot Windows Update quot or quot Microsoft Update quot from Start menu nothing happens But if I have IE opened ahead of time then click quot Windows Update quot another IE window opens to the update site then a second IE window opens to some junk web site If I just open any other web link then it doesn't happen It seems to only happen with using Windows Update Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost Sites Junk Auto-launches To Ie exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exed hardware Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeD internet ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeD software SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeD internet Java jre bin jusched exeD software Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeD Ie Auto-launches To Junk Sites compaq Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeD compaq MICROS rapimgr exeD Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXED software OutTray OutTray exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeD software Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system wwSecure exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files ICQ Icq exeC Program Files ICQ Icq exeD internet Netscape Netscp exeD internet Agent agent exeD software HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com quot C Documents and Settings Stephen Application Data Mozilla Profiles default co qxzd slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine D A Cinternet CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Stephen Application Data Mozilla Profiles default co qxzd slt prefs js O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D multimedia Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D internet Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO RepliGoIEHelperCtl Class - DE - CDC- - BCB- A E - D COMPAQ RepliGo RepliGoIEHelper dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO Spoolsv Class - C D - D - d-A E-D C F F - C WINDOWS system drivers spoolsv dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D multimedia Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO IEPlugin Class - CF C CF - B - D -ABED- C - d software Advanced System Optimizer IEHelper dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - D multimedia Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp RepliGo - F B-F - - - E FBCCEC C - D COMPAQ RepliGo RepliGoIEBar dllO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot D internet ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray D software SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched D internet Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot D compaq Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - Global Startup OUTLOOK lnk D Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEO - Global Startup OutTray lnk D software OutTray OutTray exeO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res D multimedia Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res D multi... Read more

A:Ie Auto-launches To Junk Sites

I forgot to mention that I already checked the system in safe mode with Spybot, AD-Aware SE, Ewido, Windows Defender and Symantec Antivirus but found nothing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66206/ie-auto-launches-to-junk-sites/
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently started having problems opening MS Word 2003 so I uninstalled all Office 2003 products and did a reinstall. That did not solve the problem, I searched and found a few solutions including deleting the normal.dot file, but it does not exist on my PC.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Relevancy 37.84%

hi there.

My firebox browser launches after about 3 mins after i click on it, and this suddenly started happening after it got upgraded to 3.6.3 ( i guess so).

Hoping for some assistance in this matter.

A:Mozilla firefox launches very slowly

Try uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/276454-mozilla-firefox-launches-very-slowly.html
Relevancy 37.84%

If I try to move the recycle bin on the desktop---just drag it to a new position- it opens it.

A:Single click launches icon

Hello Eknirb,

You may need to adjust your double click speed a bit to see if that may help from the Mouse page in the Control Panel (Classic View). It may be to sensitive.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/237731-single-click-launches-icon.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi guys I'm setting up an archive process to store old files on an external hard drive The computer in question is running Windows Pro bit We have a server folder with files in it most of which are pretty small below k I'm trying to use robocopy in a batch file to do this It was working fine the other day now all it does upon launch is sit there It shows me all the options and whatnot and also lists the number of files in the directory and the directory itself but it never gets past that line If I switch the destination to the local C drive it eventually starts copying files Is there something in my batch file that and launches Robocopy then sits there hangs/just needs to change Or could there be a Robocopy launches and then hangs/just sits there problem with the external Western Digital drive that I'm using Here is the one line batch file I have Code robocopy quot cgifp Prepress Public ImportedPDF quot quot E OldFiles quot R W MINAGE MOV B XJ XF quot blank test pdf quot Any help would be great thanks Nate

A:Robocopy launches and then hangs/just sits there

Well for anyone else struggling with the same problem, here's how I got around it. I changed the batch file to copy from the network location to a temp folder on the external drive. Then I have another line that does a robocopy from the temp location to the actual archive folder. I have no idea why that works, but it does. It doesn't make any sense to me, since robocopy is still having to copy files into the external directory, but maybe since it's not copying from the network it works better. I have no idea. All I know is that it works now.

Nate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263207-robocopy-launches-then-hangs-just-sits-there.html
Relevancy 37.84%

From reading other posts in this forum it sounds like I am having the same issues as other users with the quot Google Redirect quot When the problem first started a console with the appears of a windows product four little colored panes in the upper left hand corner popped up and said my computer had bad sectors the drive was running slow memory was at a critical temp etc When I clicked on fix I noticed that it was a site looking for money so I rebooted in safe mode as administrator and ran Malware Bytes which found a critical threat which was quarantined Rebooted in safe mode again and ran Super Anti Spyware Portable which showed everything good Rebooted normally with my user profile and no icons on desktop except Libraries showed up and again I got the pseudo console Two or three programs were still visible in the start window and I could access data from the C drive so I random IE Redirect Google w/ launches assumed the drive was good but ran disk check which showed no problem Did a restore from a week earlier but same problem soon appeared Google Redirect w/ random IE launches Ran malware software again but found nothing unhid all files but some folders were still locked and I had no favorites in IE but Firefox didn t seem to be affected Now I m getting redirects from Google which occasionally will give me the BSOD if I hit the back button IE randomly launches music randomly plays and I can t see my desktop in the computer file tree unless I go to document users etc Jeffro Windows bit AMD Phenom II x Processor GHz ram DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by jjones at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition Disabled Updated C - E -CBDB-EA - B C F AF SP AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition Disabled Updated B F -B D-C -D D - E E E F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x DESkey DK Network Server DNSrv exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Windows Home Server esClient exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system hasplms exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Performance Drivers nvPDsvc exe C Program Files x Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Windows Home Server WHSConnector exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Windows Home Server WHSTrayApp exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoDashboard exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Fil... Read more

A:Google Redirect w/ random IE launches

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425160/google-redirect-w-random-ie-launches/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have been getting random BSODs recently even after a fresh install of Windows 7. This can happen at any time, often when I am browsing or playing video games. It sometimes can even happen while the computer is idling.

The BSODs are really unexpected for the most part and don't happen under the same circumstance always.

A:Random BSODs and Failed Launches

Welcome to SevenForums.

Follow this:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required plus improves the time for logging in windows.
Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Please install all windows updates including SP-1

If this does not bring stability, test RAM.
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

If Memtest86+ does not find any errors with ram run Windows Memory Diagnostics for 7-8 passes following its tutorial: Memory Diagnostics Tool

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276858-random-bsods-failed-launches.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am a new user to windows and am getting more familiar with it each day I have an issue that I have not been able to resolve however and would appreciate any advice on how to stop this happening My browser launches immediately after I sign into my stop? how Browser launches to startup, at windows account on initial boot only does not happen when it awakes from a sleep condition It happens regardless of the browser it happens with whatever the default browser is The browser opens the local Australian MSN page has a bing search bar lists all MS services one drive outlook com etc plus the local news Bing is not my selected search engine I was being automatically signed into outlook com and others but was able to turn off the MS sign in assistant in services This page is not my set home page I have followed the various tutorials on this site and have checked the services the startup entries the task scheduler and the registry entries great tutorials Thanks but it persists I am at the point of accepting this as part of the quot windows Browser launches at startup, how to stop? experience quot but thought it worth a question Browser launches at startup, how to stop? here to see if anyone Browser launches at startup, how to stop? has a way to turn it off Appreciate any help Alexm

A:Browser launches at startup, how to stop?

Hello

If you go to the following directory on your machine:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Are there any files in there? it sounds like you may have a HTML file or internet short cut in there.
Anything in this folder will start up automatically when you log in, delete anything you don't want to start up.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/68338-browser-launches-startup-how-stop.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've had my new MSI GE620 for only about a month and half and Ive been getting random crashes, not only but frequently, after trying to launch an application which then stops responding and can't be ended even by a taskkill /f command.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Intel i7-2630QM 2GHz
8GB DDR3
Nvidia Geforce GT 560M

BSOD code reads
0x0000009f (0xFFFFFA80079FDA10, 0xFFFFF80000BA2748, 0xFFFFFA800BD9CE10)

A:Crash after failed application launches

Quote: Originally Posted by schepplerj

I've had my new MSI GE620 for only about a month and half and Ive been getting random crashes, not only but frequently, after trying to launch an application which then stops responding and can't be ended even by a taskkill /f command.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Intel i7-2630QM 2GHz
8GB DDR3
Nvidia Geforce GT 560M

BSOD code reads
0x0000009f (0xFFFFFA80079FDA10, 0xFFFFF80000BA2748, 0xFFFFFA800BD9CE10)

Hello and Welcome!

The dump files are missing from the list. If you use CCleaner or any such software it will delete the files so once you get crash go to C:\Windows\Minidump and collect the files and attach it here.

Regarding the crashes I think the problem is multiple Virus protection programs. You have Zone Alarm, Panda Cloud and Spyware Search&Destroy. The combination of multiple antivirus and firewall are well known for such crashes.

I would recommend to remove all of them (For time being) and just install Microsoft Security Essentials and see if it crashes. If not then install either Panda or Zone Alarm (not both). IMO Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall is more than enough. Zone Alarm is notorious for BSOD.

Run SFC/ SCANNOW to make sure all the system files are intact.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206034-crash-after-failed-application-launches.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened.

It opens iTunes, Firefox and Windows Help and Support.

I tried consulting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/, and went into msconfig, disabled all the services, but it still is giving me the same problem.

A:Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened

Quote:

Originally Posted by corke

Hitting the 'w' key launches programs that I don't want opened.

It opens iTunes, Firefox and Windows Help and Support.

I tried consulting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/, and went into msconfig, disabled all the services, but it still is giving me the same problem.

I have same problem; did you get a solution??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hitting-the-w-key-launches-programs-that-i-dont-want-opened-446867.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello Friends

I want to point out something why Microsoft launching too many versions of win7 . all beta versions r confusing or its a new marketing style of Microsoft.
if they have an expert team (all engineers) etc. then why they confuse us by launching too many beta versions. simulteniously. if they want to test there versions in between public then after launching v7000 they stop suddenly. and after one month the launches too many beta versions . why ?

A:why microsoft launches too many versions of win7

They don't publish many versions, there are leaks and we download them.

In reality, Microsoft has:
- Beta 1
- RC1
- RC2 ?
- Final

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6992-why-microsoft-launches-too-many-versions-win7.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have single application I use in XP mode.  It always requires launching twice .  The first launch always results in this error: "Virtual environment for launching applications has been closed."

Thoughts on how to get around that?
Windows 7 Pro SP1

CrdsAllan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579f9791-abac-41a6-b049-3bba2dd8ac11/xp-mode-application-requires-two-launches?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 37.84%

G day Guys This is my first post to a forum so please bear with me My name is Russ and I am an Electronic Technician in the Royal Australian Navy I have worked with computers for years but key Computer a with type launches browser every this fault has me stumped Basically every time I try to type a word in the windows search ms office notepad etc a browser is launched as many times as I type i e if I type help I get four browser windows open I have consulted numerous techs and all say it is malware So I have run the Computer launches a browser with every key type following programs to fix this ESET Virus spyware scanner - nothing Malware Bytes - Nothing Microsoft Essentials - Nothing There is one other but the name escapes me But it found nothing also So after much deliberation I reinstalled Win over the top Still happens Finally I have done a complete new install and you wouldn t believe it still happens I even deleted the old windows files and still the same I am pulling my hair out here Any ideas My Laptop is a Satellite P Core Duo with GB RAM I am running Bit Win and have all latest updates from Microsoft Thank you for your help in advance

A:Computer launches a browser with every key type

It could be the problem is the KEYBOARD. If you had a desktop system, it would be easier to find out if this is the case.

The only thing I know to suggest: do you have access to a keyboard you can plug into the laptop for test purposes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380360/computer-launches-a-browser-with-every-key-type/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have forgotten how to access start up to reduce unecessary programmes running and to prevent aol trying to access the internet as the pc boots up . Can someone advise me how to resolve these issues.

A:Aol launches on start up and too much running in background

Start: Run: type "msconfig" hit enter click on the startup tab. Unckeck anything you don't want, save and exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-launches-on-start-up-and-too-much-running-in-background.434250/
Relevancy 37.84%

GFI Software has announced the availability of GFI WebMonitor 2013, the latest version of the firm?s Web security and filtering solution designed to help small and medium businesses (SMBs) better protect their infrastructures against cyber threats.

The latest variant of WebMonitor 2013 allows organizations to extend their corporate browsing policies to portable devices such as laptops or notebooks.Click to expand...

Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/gfi-software-launches-webmonitor-2013.14685/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi people, found your forum via Google. I have an issue with Windows 7 Professional.

It is a new install (2 days old) and every time it is booted it launches into start up repair. Is there anyway I can completely disable it so this doesnt happen?

After it goes through it boots correctly but still comes up after a clean shut down. Also, if we reset the PC during startup repair then manually tell it to boot normally, it does so successfully.

A:Launches startup repair on every boot

Change the boot sequence in the bios. Set your hdd as the first boot device, save changes, exit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74856-launches-startup-repair-every-boot.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a one week old Gateway with Home Premium and a Verizon Express Card. As soon as the Express Card was activated in the Verizon store, Media Center launched and continues to launch every 6-20 seconds over any web page. Gateway blamed Verizon. Verizon directed me here to a tutorial to disable Media Center. I disabled all the Media Center files to include: Extender Service, Receiver Service, Scheduler Service, Service Launcher, and Network Sharing Service. I restarted the computer. Media Center still launches! How can this be? I went back and checked each file - sure enough they all show Media Center disabled. Can Vista Home Basic or Vista Business strip out Media Center? I will never use this feature. Short of bringing the computer back to Office Depot, any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Media Center Continously Launches

Media Center lives in the c:\windows\ehome\ directory, the main exe is ehshell.exe (or something like that i'm doing this from memory) try renaming ehshell.exe to ehshell1.exe or something, windows might not let you do this but its worth a shot.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/109399-media-center-continously-launches.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Internet security firm Webroot IoT Webroot Launches Industrial Kit Security has launched a new toolkit aimed at delivering threat intelligence and increased security for connected Internet of Things IoT devices Built for designers of IoT and Industrial Internet of Things IIoT devices the new Webroot IoT Security Toolkit offers integrated protection against threats such as malware and zero-day exploits as well as internal vulnerabilities The toolkit can leverage existing cloud-based real-time threat intelligence services to increase the security of IoT devices in various scenarios Webroot said The toolkit includes three components Device Agents Threat Intelligence Services and Secure Web Gateway each designed to offer defense mechanisms at a different level The Device Agents are low impact small footprint software components that can detect new or altered files and anomalous events at the system level and send the information to Webroot s BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Cloud Platform without impacting device performance System designers can integrate the BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services into IoT gateways and platforms to defend against malicious inbound attacks while the cloud-based Secure Web Gateway service monitors traffic between devices and control systems over the Internet to intercept malware before it reaches the network or endpoints Because the Webroot IoT Security Toolkit leverages real-time threat intelligence to protect deployed systems against cyberattacks solution designers and integrators can meet the mandatory requirements for security and safety systems by ensuring that critical devices and systems operate as expected John Sirianni VP of IoT Strategic Partnerships at Webroot said in a statement The Webroot IoT Security Toolkit is available to device manufacturers systems integrators and Webroot Webroot Launches Industrial IoT Security Kit technology partners The solution supports monitoring of any device gateway or server and can be integrated using REST and other API call methods SDKs or Embedded C Code According to Gartner the number of devices in the IoT ecosystem could top billion by Webroot Launches Industrial IoT Security Kit SecurityWeek Com nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-launches-industrial-iot-security-kit.50494/