Windows Support Forum

Can't see my wireless network

Q: Can't see my wireless network

Hi team,

I have just moved from a wired modem to a wireless adapter a TP link 300MPS N wireless adapter. This works great on one of my computers using XP, however when I plug it into my current Vista operating computer I can not see any wireless networks... I'm wired in at the moment

The adapter works fine and I can see the entire neighbourhoods wifi networks and connect to the internet on one computer, but nothing on the other.

How can I fix this?

Stuart

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't see my wireless network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't see my wireless network

1st: uninstall & reinstall with the latest drivers from the manufacturer for Vista, be sure to get correct driver - 32bit or 64bit.
2nd: After doing 1st step, if still no dice, try reconfiguring the wireless encryption type, if you are currently using WPA2 change to WPA, or WEP, just humor me and change the type to see if you can then see the wireless network.
3rd: If the previous two things don't work, try resetting the Vista TCP winsock, steps below:

a. Click on Start button.
b. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
c. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
d. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
e. Restart the computer.

Post back & let me know if this helped! Take care!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-my-wireless-network.195204/
Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 45.15%

I ve recently upgraded my internet provider to BT and received a BT Home Hub as the new wireless router Previous to this I was using a wireless Belkin G MIMO ADSL router model number F D - There are places in the house where the wireless signal is very poor Connecting to the internet using either of these routers is difficult in these spots However since the Belkin is now spare I ve been thinking about trying to use it as a low cost repeater i e free to extend the wireless range in the house There are several good articles that I ve found on this a a link routers wireless network between two wireless wireless using Extend site which address the connection of two routers together e g John Will s article on connecting two SOHO routers is a good example but they rely on an ethernet connection between the two routers I m just wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a way to establish a wireless link between the two routers to extend the range of the current wireless network Cheers everyone and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Extend a wireless network using a wireless link between two wireless routers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extend-a-wireless-network-using-a-wireless-link-between-two-wireless-routers.1074102/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every so often, my WiFi on my PC will just stop working. It will disconnect from my wireless network, and then when I try to manually connect, it's not listed. Sometimes a restart works, sometimes it doesn't. This last time I had to restart twice. I know the WiFi router is not having problems, because my phone and AppleTV stay connected and stream just fine. The first times I noticed this, I was actually browsing the web and talking on Steam when it occurred. The last two times however, I left my computer on to finish up some downloads, came back in the morning, and it had disconnected and corrupted my downloads. Any help is greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance.

A:Wireless network disconnects, then fails to see the wireless network

Hello and welcome to 7 Forums ShaneLj.

Is this wifi adapter plugged into your PCi or PCIe slot in the desktop or a USB type adapter?
Would be helpful to also know what brand and model the wifi adapter is in order to Identify any issues that a manufacturer might already have a fix for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332090-wireless-network-disconnects-then-fails-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My wireless card in my Compaq Presario works fine and Windows 8 detects it and said it was compatible. For some strange reason though it's not working in Windows 8. It hasn't detected my wireless network. Currently I am connecting using a cable.
The card is Qualcomm Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WIFI Adaptor.

I am trying to do a Google search on this issue, is it me but is this device not compatible with Windows 8 despite Window 8 saying so? I have updated the drivers through Windows Update, but it still can't find my Wireless network even though Windows 7 did originally before my upgrade.

A:Wireless network card not finding my wireless network ?

I have done a diagnosis and here's what it says (if this helps)

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details

Issues found

Problem with wireless
adapter or access point
Problem
with wireless adapter or access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point issues

Failed

Reset the wireless adapter

Completed

Issues found
Detection details

Problem with wireless adapter or
access point
Not fixed
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/error.png[/IMG]

Investigate router or access point
issues
Failed

If you're
connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator.
Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. Once all of the lights on the
device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device back on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or access point that has a
built-in battery, press and quickly release the Reset
button.

Reset the wireless adapter
Completed

[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/info.png[/IMG]

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Repair.1.etl

Detection details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/collapse.png[/IMG]

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyConnection incident diagnosedList of visible access point(s): 0 item(s) total, 0 item(s) displayedConnection History

Diagnostics Information (Wireless
Connectivity)

Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis: For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event.Helper Class: Auto Configuration Initialise status: SuccessInformation for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID: ce41e296-363d-406b-a232-35fcd0cc7e33 Interface name: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter Interface type: LegacyResult of diagnosis: Problem foundRoot cause:This computer cannot connect to wireless networksThe wireless network adapter on this computer is not working properly.Detailed root cause:This computer's wireless network adapter is not readyRepair option:Resetting your wireless network adapterThis will disable and then enable the network adapter "WiFi" on this computer.

Network Diagnostics Log

File Name:
7ED87DA3-1B14-4D13-818C-E2F28AF39562.Diagnose.0.etl

Other Networking Configuration and
Logs

File Name:
NetworkConfiguration.cab

Collection information

Computer Name:
SHADOWDAN-PC

Windows Version:

Architecture:
x86

Time:
30 October 2012
21:18:30

Publisher details
[IMG]res://sdiageng.dll/expand.png[/IMG]

Windows Network Diagnostics

Detects problems with
network connectivity.

Package Version:

Publisher:
Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11224-wireless-network-card-not-finding-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been experiencing wireless wifi connection problems with my HP Pavilion dv laptop I am running xppro I went from vista to xp pro took a long time network adding adapter G wireless dv6000, HP wireless Belkin Pvilion as I am slow Anyway I read that you can add another wireless network card as a work around in the event that the internal wireless card breaks dies I bought a BelkinWirelss G USB network adapter- F D and tried to install it on this HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter laptop I was able to install it on my IBM T and Gateway laptop I had to disable the radio on the gateway before it worked The IBM is HP Pvilion dv6000, adding Belkin wireless wireless G network adapter old and has no built in wireless card ON my HP pavilion dv I slid the wireless button to disable and also went into device manager and disable there too For some reason after loading the Belkin in it does not find any wireless networks I called Belkin and spoke with their help desk but they were not helpful My question short of disabling my HP wireless card do I have to remove the actual software uninstall broadcom so the computer will look only at the belkin software My HP laptop warrantied expired months ago Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pvilion-dv6000-adding-belkin-wireless-wireless-g-network-adapter.802008/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem with my home wireless network. My network operatates at 2.4 GHz and so does my home wireless phone. Everytime my phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

A:Everytime my wireless home phone rings I get disconnected from my wireless network.

Welcome to Tech Spot

Do you have 802 B or 802 G wireless?

When I was in Best Buy, one of the sale people mentioned how 2.4 GHZ phone interferes with 802 B Wireless networks (uses same frequencies).

He mentioned that 802 G wireless network were not affected with the phones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-wireless-home-phone-rings-i-get-disconnected-from-my-wireless-network.17460/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Dell Printer AIO 968w suddenly stopped picking up my wireless network. Tried rebooting with no joy. Could someone please help?

A:Dell wireless AIO 968w printer non recognition of wireless network

Can you detect your wireless network with another device?

Does the printer detect any other networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-aio-968w-printer-non-recognition-of-wireless-network.936344/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a wireless-G linksys USB network adaptor (2.4 GHz 802.11g) that cannot pick up my wirless network. It is however picking up numerous other networks surrounding my house. Right now I'm using my Toshiba laptop that is connected to the same home network that my linksys adaptor cannot find.

Can anyone offer my any advice as to how to find my wireless network through my USB adaptor hooked up to my desktop computer? I know how to access my router information (Enter 192.168.1.1 for linksys and all that other good stuff) but do not know what exact settings I may needto change in order to have my desktop computer recognize the home network.

Is something perhaps hidden on the router information? Or is my adaptor out of date? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Why can't my USB wireless adaptor (Desktop Computer) find my wireless network?

Did you follow the manual for the USB wifi adaptor, installing procedures, driver? What happens to the Toshiba laptop's self wifi capability?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431270/why-cant-my-usb-wireless-adaptor-desktop-computer-find-my-wireless-network/
Relevancy 42.14%

I've had wireless on this pc before A while back we had a tech come out from out internet provider to fix a few things and we told him we already have a few other devices on our wireless network so it may be a better idea to connect through an ether-net cord to our main pc for a more secure connection That has worked fine for the most part but now there's a different problem and I think I need to be able to connect wireless in order to fix it If it matters the problem is that any game I try to patch via the game launcher times-out I actually spoke with a CSR from Square Enix he said it may have to do with the port-forwarding then I spoke with a rep in technical support from our local provider and she said there is no port forwarding through the ir ether-net but it wireless longer driver/Can't has Computer a detect wireless network no is available through wireless So that's essential what has brought me here I'll upload a couple of pics so you can actually see that A Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network There is no wireless enabled on my pc at all and B There's no wireless driver - just the one on my driver list that tbh I don't know much about I've already tried uninstalling the driver then re-installing didn't detect anything Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network I've tried power-cycling my modem I've messed around with every option in the quot Network and Internet quot settings in my control panel I've checked all around the outside of my pc JUST IN CASE it's weird and has a switch somewhere that enables disables wireless Just to confirm yes there is indeed wireless being transmitted throughout our home We have phones a DS and a smart tv hooked up to it So does anyone have any recommendations beyond what I've already done

A:Computer no longer has a wireless driver/Can't detect wireless network

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Can you Post a screenshot of the Device Manager .. With your Network Adapters expanded ... Before you do that go to View Hidden Devices ... Also what is the Model Number of your Computer ? ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/349841-computer-no-longer-has-wireless-driver-cant-detect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently switched ISPs going from DSL to Cable and that s when everything went wrong In order to get the new network up and running I needed to use a new router I setup this network and everything seemed fine all computers could see and connect to the new network and even the printer could see and connect to the new network For whatever reason I could not get any of the computers one laptop running Windows and one running OSX Snow (I have work wireless Solved: network HP new on tried printer everythi won't wireless Leopard to see the printer wirelessly works fine via USB Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi It would always say quot printer offline quot Uninstalled an re-installed all printer drivers on all machines printer is an HP Photosmart Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi C all in one The printer network diagnostic page came back clean indicating that everything was connected correctly but when I pinged the IP address of the printer from the windows machine I d just be bet with a quot timed out quot message This lead me Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi to think it was something to do with the router so I bought a D-link router and set everything up again Exact same scenario Even after setting the network up with no security options no WEP or WAP security This lead me to do a hard reset on the printer After booting it up again I ran the network setup wizard via the printer s LCD screen and tried to connect to the network This time however the printer won t connect the the network at all I printed the wireless network diagnostics page and it fails the quot No Filtering quot test HPs recommendation came back saying I should check to see if the router has MAC filtering turned on I went back to the router configuration page to see and no it s not conducting any MAC filtering Short of buying a brand new printer or buying some HP support it s out of warranty I don t know what else to try Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and just let me know if you need any further details The cold hard facts Mainly trying to get this working on a Windows laptop but I also have a Macbook pro running Snow Leopard that is experiancing all of the same problems Printer is an HP Photosmart C all in one Routers I ve tried both of these and they seem to have identical results Netgear WPN D-link N this is the router currently installed on the network Cisco modem and our ISP is Time Warner Cable nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless printer won't work on new wireless network (I have tried everythi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-printer-wont-work-on-new-wireless-network-i-have-tried-everythi.1025500/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Linksys WRT54G router. 2 my laptops are running Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Router configured as follows
-SSID BROADCAST DISABLED
-WIRELESS MAC FILTER ENABLED
- Permit only PCs listed to access the wireless network (2 MACs entered)
- PASSWORD CHANGED

Despite all these configuration steps network considered as "UNSECURED WIRELESS NETWORK".
What to do to make it secure?
Thank you.
Eugene.

A:UNSECURED WIRELESS NETWORK description despite WIRELESS MAC FILTER ENABLED

The reason it says that is because you are not using WEP, WPA, etc to secure the network. If there was a network key required then it would say "secured" if not, it says "unsecured". It does not detect that you have mac filtering, only that you have no network key.

Your network is just as secure with mac filtering(probably more) than using WEP.
If you'd like to test this, just remove one of your mac addresses then try to access the network.

If you still want to secure it using a network key, just look in the section for wireless security, you should find encryption settings. Just enter a WEP key using 64 or 128 bit HEX, I'd not suggest using ascii and you might want to stick to 64 bit if you are using cross branded hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsecured-wireless-network-description-despite-wireless-mac-filter-enabled.18965/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am new to networking and have a simple question for you tech guys!

With this router, is it possible to receive wifi network through a central location and share it with my three computers individually, without having one computer sharing or controlling the connection?

TIA

Relevancy 42.14%

It s me again guys but since last time I have bought a new desktop and a tablet and I am now re-attempting to setup my a wireless network so that I can use the tablet As I played around with the tablet I pressed the wifi button and lo and behold it detected my router told me my IP address etc But it will not allow me to browse the internet because I am not connected and fixed wireless up problems network my Xplornet wireless setting Having my with when I run the setup disc on my pc step - checking settings in computer and router for the router it tells Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless me that setup Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless assistant is not able to connect to the router via any of the network adapters in this computer I know that I don t have it setup correctly but I don t know what else to do I have the ethernet same as a network cable right cable coming from outside That goes to the one and ONLY port in the back of my tower I m stuck Please help Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless Thanks again guys Jeff nbsp

A:Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-setting-up-my-wireless-network-with-my-xplornet-fixed-wireless.1030514/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m trying to setup connect a wireless printer HP All-in-one so that a user can use his laptop wireless and print from anywhere in the house He did not have Home Solved: with How wireless to Printer - Internet & Wireless network any network set-up previously He had dialup and just purchased a new laptop with wireless and this new printer and has just gotten this new Rogers quot Rocket quot Stick Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer It s a USB internet connection uses cell phone frequency Normally this is pretty straight forward when conected to a wireless router I brought over a wireless router to test out When Rogers quot Rocket quot stick is connected for internet Can I connect to another wireless home network for sharing at the same time Computer Vista Laptop with Rogers Rocket Stick I tried a couple of things Setup a wireless network I used the setup internet connection wizard to configure a computer to computer wireless adhoc network appears to work for very short distances - feet I was able to print a test page but not anything else - so I thought about using my Dlink Router for greater distance if it was a distance thing as indicated I setup the Dlink wireless router as a standalone wireless network - not conected to the internet configured it and then configured my HP printer wireless to connect to that network I successfully configured the printer via wizard to connect to the found network - I then connected to this wireless network and added the network printer using it s HP Wireless wizard - it found it and added it successfully - I was able to print a test page from about feet But when I move to another room - It would not print assumed maybe a conflict collision with wireless rocket - but not sure Then I setup the HP printer as a hard wired network printer not wireless attached to a port on the wireless router itself - I then determined its IP address printer config report and then connected to the wireless network router and set-up added printer on the laptop as quot local printer quot using TCP IP specifying this ip address - When connected to the home wireless network and I was able to print a test page but not anything else Not sure if I m having a problem with the Rocket and Wireless router conflicting a firewall issue or something else or just Vista playing games Biggest issue is that it appears the wireless printer CAN BE reached by the laptop by either the wireless setup or direct network printer connection successfully Issue is that I m not able to print any other documents I get a message saying the printouts are pending I assume the printer is configured for sharing - thought about this after I left It appears it has something to do with a lost connection or collision Not sure if I m clear here - looking for advice recommendation on how to set this up Any help direction appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: How to - Wireless Internet & Home network with wireless Printer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-wireless-internet-home-network-with-wireless-printer.786885/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 42.14%

Mine is Dell Inspiron Os Windows Ultimate x My laptop wifi works fine for some period of time but suddenly the current wireless connection gets disconnected and no wireless networks appear in the list The network connection icon in taskbar changes to no network connection small monitor with yellow exclamation icon The wireless adapter is still enabled only Well i found a way to bring back the connection and to show the available wireless networks by disabling and enabling the dell wireless adapter under quot change adapter settings quot in abruptly network adapter, wireless Problem disconnects with wireless Network and sharing center But this problem keeps repeating at Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly unpredictable intervals and i have Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly to disable and enable the wireless adapter everytime Please help me with Problem with wireless adapter, wireless network disconnects abruptly a solution I have already tried the following Re-installing updating wireless network drivers Re-installing entire OS with full format of all hard drives Disabled unchecked quot allow computer to turn off this device to save power quot option under power management tab of dell wireless adapter properties Changed the power saving options for wireless adapter to quot maximise perfomance quot for both on battery and plugged in modes Having tried all these still no luck the problem persists I borrowed a digisol wireless USB adapter from my friend this works fine all the time with no issues I have no idea why mine is not working properly please do help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383002-problem-wireless-adapter-wireless-network-disconnects-abruptly.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having issues with my the Linksys Wireless card I installed in my Desktop computer for some time now For some reason the connection just drops but it still says I am connected I leave a dos window open to watch as it happens by pinging the router All of the sudden it will say quot request timed to connected card says wireless router Wireless ping I but it's my cannot network, out quot but the icon shows that it s still connected to the wireless network I have tried just about everything to overcome this but nothing seems to work Rebooting the router will allow it to work for a few minutes and then it times out again Sometimes it will continue timing out sometimes it will reconnect and sometimes it will says limited or no connection Sometimes hitting repair will do the same thing make it work for a few moments and they down again I have other devices that connect to that router wirelessly and they have no issues at all so I m not prepared to blame the router I noticed that my desktop s event view shows this entry frequently The system detected that network adapter Linksys PCI Adapter Packet Scheduler Miniport was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Would seeing this event frequently not indicate that the card was dropping often and coming back up I m pretty much ready to run a ethernet cable to the computer but I thought I d check with you guys first before I completely give up on the wireless card nbsp

A:Wireless card says it's connected to my wireless network, but I cannot ping router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-says-its-connected-to-my-wireless-network-but-i-cannot-ping-router.589843/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 42.14%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 42.14%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 42.14%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
I have a Tablet PC with Windows 8 Release Preview installed.
The Tablet PC is equipped with a x86 Intel Atom Z670 processor and the Marvell 88w8787 Wifi/Bluetooth chip.
(Also ref. as AZUREWAVE_AW-NM387 WiFi/Bluetooth)

Previously, Windows 7 installed with wifi connection was working good via the Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

After doing both a upgrade install(keeping Win7 files) and also a CLEAN install of Windows 8 onto this same Tablet PC, my Network Adaptor is stating errors, and not working.

Kindly, how do I go about fixing this problem?

Sincerely, HWayne.
Flatoak Co., Ltd.

A:Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor

Hello,
I'm still having trouble installing a driver that supports by x86 Intel/Atom Z670 Tablet PC running Windows 8.

The WLAN module inside my Tablet PC is from Azurewave.

To be specific, '88F105-012000 WLAN CARD.AW-NM387..802.11 b/g/n SDIO...W/BLUETOOTH(V3.0)..LEAD-FREE..AZUREWAVE'.

My Tablet PC wifi connection worked OK with Windows 7, but now fails with Windows 8.

Any advice and/or recommendation?

BTW, this is related to the earlier POST: Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

This driver installed and worked for Windows 7, but fails in Windows 8.
This driver is the driver that automatically gets identified by Windows UPDATE for my Tablet PC type.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7036-marvell-avastar-wireless-n-network-controller-sdio-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Actiontec GT701-wg DSL modem running a wireless network. I currently have two laptops with XP sharing the Internet connection. Since the modem has an open Ethernet port in the back, I was wondering if it might be possible to plug in a networkable external hard drive and have it available to both of the laptops wirelessly.

If it is possible, what setting would be required on the laptops to enable them to see the external drive?

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.14%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi! i really have a big trouble at my wireless connection. i cant enable my wifi by using Fn. and when i try enabling my wireless connection trough control panel, my laptop started hanging and i can't use it any more. so i have to force turning it of and i have to restore the system trough safemode. i have to do it to enable to use my laptop again.. im using Windos 7 my laptop is MSI GE700

Hope someone could help me . =(

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I am just getting the nerve to start my home network. I have a laptop and desktop both physically connected to a wireless router. I have 2 desktops downstairs that have wireless antennas/recievers. All computers are XP Home.

I want to network, and I have bought a "network for dummies" book. It does not tell me how to go about making sure I configure everything right.

Do I "add a network place," "set up a home or small office network," or "set up a wireless network" first?

Anyhelp to get started would be appreciated. Also, can I make it secure so no-one can just add themselves to my network?

Thank you so much.

A:4 coomputer network, 2 wireless, 2 connected to the wireless router

You are better off forgetting all the wizards and following a home networking guide that does not use them.

You can find them from Google or these very forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-coomputer-network-2-wireless-2-connected-to-the-wireless-router.16127/
Relevancy 42.14%

I just purchased a Lexmark X which is wireless enabled I followed the install instructions using my main desktop system The install does have you connect printer to wireless Wireless existing Connecting network a USB Connecting Wireless printer to existing wireless network cable for part of the installation My main system is wired to my router I installed the printer drivers and did wireless setup on one of my laptops Good news is that the laptop recognizes the printer and prints just fine Ok here is my question My main system that is hard wired to the router does not recognize the lexmark printer unless I plug the USB cable back into it If I do that then the printer does not work for all the other wirelessly connected systems So does anyone know if I can get this to work without buying a wireless card for my main desktop system I was hoping that with my main system connected to the wireless router wired that it would work Thanks in advance for the help Marty nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am having an issue connecting to any wireless network Problem s existed for days for unknown reason I have uninstalled and installed and then updated drivers I also disabled and enabled the respective services from quot services msc quot but no go I typed quot cmd ipconfig all quot and that s what I received ------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Solved: any wireless network card can't wireless detect My C Users Thamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thamer-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter Broadband M ak Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadband M ak Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - - - - D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network Tunnel adapter isatap D A - CBC- B-A -BAB F E EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media Solved: My wireless card can't detect any wireless network State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e d e ab b e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d e ab b e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DD EB B- - -AC -E FC A EADB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DE -F D- A - E - AD AC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Thamer gt ---------------------------------- TSG SysInfo Report Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO N A N A Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled ---------------------------- HiJack this Report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files x ONSPEED onspeedcore exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exe C Program Files x Quick net ModemListener exe C Program Files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Zone... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

i can't find any wireless network using my laptop.
i try to switch on the wireless using the hardware switch on the lapto(fn+f2) but the wireless led wont come on.

need help. flying off in a few days need the wireless to work. =(
thanks.

A:Cant find wireless network. possible wireless switch problem.

Some laptops need drives to activate the appropriate "FN" designated commands. Did you reinstall the PC recently?
Are you near a network you can connect to? Go to library, most of them have free Wi-Fi.
Also you can try to activate the card manualy. Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > and right click of your Card and "enable"
There is a low chance of this happening, but led might have burned out. Let us now how it went...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-wireless-network-possible-wireless-switch-problem.99915/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to create a Wireless Network from my Netgear router we have on the computer because the Network that is currently in uses can only allow my mother's laptop to connect to the internet and will not allow other users to connect and no one knows the password and username to the router's settings so I'm thinking I need to reset it, but I don't know if the router had a installation CD with it and I don't know the ISP information or any other requirements to get a more accessable network working. Could anyone help me out?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Basically I want to find a way to use my Alltell wireless USB modem card to provide Internet access to computers We have a cradelpoint router network? wireless make card AllTell wireless to a an Using that accepts a USB wireless card but we do not want to use this router because we live in a very rural area and the router makes slow internet speeds even slower and with Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? the router we loose the internet connection frequently and have to disconnect then reconnect at least once a night We want to set this up but do not know Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? how can you help Plug the wireless usb card into one of the computers and have that computer then connect to a switch or hub so all the other computers can communicate with it Then enable Internet Connection Sharing on the computer with the Altell card This will basically turn the computer into a NAT server which will allow it to communicate with all the other Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network? computers with internal IP addresses and translate requests responses to the Internet Do I have to buy a switch or hub how do I add the IP address in - I am lost in trying to set this up nbsp

A:Using an AllTell wireless card to make a wireless network?

Here are details if the computer with the mobile wireless card is running a Windows OS: Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

Unless the router is defective or you are not positioning it well I can't think of any reason why it would slow the not-very-fast wireless connection. What do you get with something like speedtest.net with the card in a computer and what do you get using the router with only that same computer connected to it?

A hub is half duplex so can slow a network with multiple computers the same way Wi-Fi does, so best to use a switch. If the router you have has enough ports to connect all your computers you can use it as a switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-an-alltell-wireless-card-to-make-a-wireless-network.970208/
Relevancy 42.14%

I looked in Device Manager and don't see a wireless network adapter but under Network Infrastructue Devices I see "Microsoft Wireless Router Module". Are these the same thing? Thanks for help!

A:Wireless Network Adapter vs. Wireless Router Module

The device listed in Device Manager would most likely be your NIC (Network Interface Card) on your machine. This is the card that sends and receives data to and from your machine.

Wireless Router Module is most likely some software which enables your machine to obtain DHCP requests from your router as well as support other features which would not have been made available with the default settings. Based on the place you found the module 'Network Infrastructure Devices' I can assure you that an infrastructure device is not the same as a NIC

If you are able to provide a screenshot I may be able to offer a better explanation

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297816-wireless-network-adapter-vs-wireless-router-module.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I live in a large house that has ethernet ports throughout the house. I need to have two separate wireless routers to insure I have wireless coverage. There will be one upstairs and one downstairs. Is there any advantages or disadvantages in naming both of the wireless networks with the same name?

Thank you for looking.

A:Solved: Naming a wireless network using two wireless routers

I wouldn't use two SOHO wireless routers for this.

The better way is to use APs from companies like Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti, or Meraki. These companies have APs which allow them to operate as one unified wireless network without the expense of purchasing a wireless controller. By doing this, you have the ability to add APs anytime you want which will join the AP cluster and operate as a unified device with the cluster. It allows the ability to have the APs being aware of each other and as a result adjust their output transmissions so they won't be stomping on each other running full blast. It allows you to use one or more SSIDs which all the APs will service and hence more seamless roaming throughout your house; without issues inherent with using independent APs or with SOHO wireless routers configured to use the same SSID. These systems also have the ability to constantly auto select operating channels in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands so your wireless network is always operating at the best efficiency/performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-naming-a-wireless-network-using-two-wireless-routers.1139849/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can somebody add my computer to a wireless network (wpa2-psk secured) without having physical access to my computer?

A:unknown wireless network in manage wireless networks

Hi shayan8891 No, it's not possible for someone to add forcibly add your computer to a wireless network if he doesn't control your computer. What's the name of the network (we'll see if it's specific or generic) and do you recognize the password used for it (you can see it in the Properties of that wireless network)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578357/unknown-wireless-network-in-manage-wireless-networks/
Relevancy 42.14%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi guys so I have this weird problem that is driving me nuts since some weeks here's the thing at work we have a corporate set up with Win Professional everything is setup on a quot domain quot we all have Dell computers and we can connect either via cable or via wireless pretty standard these days anyway if I connect via cable and login everything works perfectly access Cannot over Network on Network Corporate Drives Wireless Shared I can see the local network shares and no problems at all Problems start to arise on wireless Here's the crazy scenario - if I start PC on cable with wifi turned off via hardware switch then say I undock the PC for going to a meeting room AND I turn on the wifi everything works fine I can see the network drives all good it crunches for a few moments when I load explorer the Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless first time and then he quot finds quot the network drives - if I decide to go back to my station turn off wifi re-dock the PC back to cable everything works fine BUT - if say I am on cable undock the pc put on the wifi and THEN I restart the PC when the computer boots win it takes some time at boot then I cannot access the network drives anymore they have the red X and it says quot connection cannot be restored quot or something like that internet browsing always works fine and I DONT do any login on wireless I think because it's on a quot domain quot setup that is tested times in a row basically if I don't give him the cable at boot I cannot see the network drives and also when it cannot detect correctly the network drives if I restart the laptop it literally gets stuck and I have to force a reset on cable it restarts in like seconds I also noticed that when I am on cable if I go to quot network quot then I see some of my colleague's computers there BUT if I am on wifi when I cannot access the network drives then I see just myself this would make sense in a way things I already tried that didn't change a thing - enable files and printer sharing check - check client for Microsoft networks - TCP IP gt advanced gt NetBIOS quot enable NetBIOS over TCP IP quot from default that was before - flush DNS - restart winsocks with the net something command sorry cant remember the syntax nothing seems to make a difference to complicate things some of my colleagues with older dell computers don't have any issue at all in fact they are always on wifi for me it's a personal choice I like to be on cable when at the desk faster connection overall and when I go to meeting rooms I use the wireless obviously but it's very annoying that I have to remember quot not to restart quot if I am in meeting room otherwise I cannot see the network drives where we have work stuff sorry for the rant help highly appreciated thanks Gabrio

A:Cannot access Network Shared Drives over Corporate Network on Wireless

What is the make/model of Wireless Access Point(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308581-cannot-access-network-shared-drives-over-corporate-network-wireless.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi peeps here s a seemingly unsolvable problem I have I want to network my two PCs An Acer Vista Laptop and my old HP XP Desktop so that I can play network games Operation Flashpoint So I connect them both wirelessly to the Places My show problem: router XP PC Network other won't Wireless Network or in the router a cheap SWEEX one Now when Iook on my Vista Laptop s Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places Network place I can see Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places the Laptop I m using the router and can access it s page and everything but I can t see my XP desktop from here And when I go into the Desktop s network places I can t see the router or either of the computers I m using And I assume that this network problem is why I can t see a server in my game Now I understand that file and printer sharing is turned the firewall is definately turned off and I think the appropriate services are turned on well to make sure I turned every single service on There must be some more complex reason why my XP hates to network Although I am by no means a noob to general computing I am reasonably new to networking Can you clever lot help me nbsp

A:Wireless Network problem: My XP won't show the router or other PC in Network Places

I am surprised that the old XP desktiop has wireless functionality. Did you add wireless to it, recently? If so, is it shown as operating correctly in Device Manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-problem-my-xp-wont-show-the-router-or-other-pc-in-network-places.114583/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a small office network I had to reset the network password key and now I can enter wireless No secure network to [SOLVED] for otpion network key not get one of the laptops to connect to [SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network the secure network All other wireless devices connect with no problem The network is available and has a bar signal strength When I select the network I do not get asked for the network key Instead there is an attempt to login and shortly thereafter I get an error message saying quot Windows is unable to connect to the selected network The network may no longer be in range Please refresh the list of available networks and try to connect again quot As stated above the strength is at bars and all of the other wireless devices are connected to the same secure network I am trying to connect to I have manually a ded the network SSID and network key and still can not get this laptop to connect to the secure network I am able to connect to several unsecure networks in the area but not my secure one My question is how do I get Windows to stop trying to login without asking for the network key Last note I have even tried uninstalling all the network adapters in hopes of resetting so that windows asks for the network key This also failed Thanks for any and all assistance

A:[SOLVED] No otpion to enter network key for secure wireless network

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking support for more help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/solved-no-otpion-to-enter-network-key-for-secure-wireless-network-569931.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi BC I am using XP My wireless network is using the quot G Wireless Modem Router by Belkin It is running unsecured The network normally runs adequately - there are annoying moments when it just seems to freeze but seconds later it comes back to life Yesterday it was performing as usual ie adequately Today I cannot connect to the internet at all either with IE or Mozilla my normal browser When I look at the network status all seems well - it is shown as connected and the signal strength is quot excellent quot But the efforts to connect just time out Mozilla says that quot the connection was reset quot lets you quot try again quot but it never connects I have AVAST running in fully protected mode network - has wireless fine works failed network neighbour's My I decided to run Malwarebytes to check for anything unusual It asked if I wanted to update the virus database - I agreed - it then hung presumably because it could not make its connection I ran it again this time refusing to do the update and it completed a Quick Scan reporting no problems found I disconnected from my network My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine and connected to a neighbour s unsecured network and everything worked fine I switched my router off and on and tried my network again - same problem I tried doing a quot repair quot on the connection by right clicking on the taskbar icon - this operation rarely seems to complete normally on my computer It frequently times out with a message like My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine quot unable to connect quot but when you then examine the network status you find that the connection has been made and all is well It is not unusual therefore to have an error message However this time there was a different error message - I didn t take special note of it at the time but it was something about being unable to clear some kind of cache - this is the only truly unusual thing I can point you to I have recently been through a successful detox of my system courtesy of BC which was very successful It has been a couple of weeks since that and there have been no problems since so I dont think the current problem is related but thought I d mention it anyway Can you help please Kenny

A:My wireless network has failed - neighbour's network works fine

When you rebooted your router, did you unplug every wire from it, for atleast 30 seconds?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377122/my-wireless-network-has-failed-neighbours-network-works-fine/
Relevancy 41.71%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a network problem and it may be a bit hard to explain my situation fully but I ll try to cover the pertinent information Basically when I do anything network intensive like a file transfer the file transfer will work but it will kill all other network activities I can t browse the web or IM during this time as Firefox will say that it s timed out and IM will drop off and disconnect The network setup I m using is hard to explain fully but the basic core of it is a router with an access point linked via WDS The router provides wifi through the house and also connects to the AP with WDS full g signal The AP basically just gives me hardwired Ethernet ports for my equipment which is in a location where it would be very difficult to hardwire Both the router and AP are running the latest quot tomato quot aftermarket firmware FWIW Almost all of my transfers involve going from wired to wireless I tested my transfer network stops other network Wireless activity? file all transfer speed during several file transfers and got just a tad over MB s mbit s which seems ok to me since it s going from wired Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? to wireless g If I do a transfer over Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? ethernet to ethernet no wireless it does not seem to cause the problem Basically it seems like the router is not dividing up wireless bandwidth as it should It seems to be only allowing the one transfer to use the wireless at any given time Is there a setting that might help me I was thinking maybe a QOS setting might help but I m not really sure what I m doing in that respect This is what my QOS menus look like if that helps Any help is appreciated I m no network whiz so take it easy on me Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity?

Have you tried another router or changed the routers location?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-file-transfer-stops-all-other-network-activity.111523/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. We have 3 computers connected to our router via cable and the network works just fine. Recently 2 friends of ours have joined our network with their laptops via wireless and it still worked fine. However, when another friend stopped by and wanted to connect (again via wireless) as soon as she connected to the router the whole network stopped working for everybody. I tried to give her a static IP so there wouldn't be a conflict anywhere but that didn't help. If I connected her through the cable, then everything was fine. But as soon as she tried wireless, the whole network stopped working again. None of the other computers cause this problem, just hers. Whenever she tries to connect, the network always stops working for everybody.
All the systems are win 7. the router is : cisco RangePlus Wireless Router, WRT110

A:network stops working when a laptop joins the network via wireless

Make sure she has the latest and correct wireless driver (from the laptop manufacturer's site if the adapter is integrated).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-stops-working-when-a-laptop-joins-the-network-via-wireless.1086673/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I to network connect Unable network wireless to addressaddress acquiring am hoping that someone can help me We have three computers at home two which are connected to router and working fine and my laptop My laptop was connecting to my home wireless network until my daughter used it last Now it will not connect at all I used to have to follow the steps below for some reason and then it would connect fine Wireless network connections Change advanced settings Wireless Networks tab I would have to tick the checkbox USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS Then into properties for my wireless Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress network and in association retype my password and then it would connect it seemed like to Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress much work every time but it still worked There was other networks in the list Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress which i deleted and wireless network connection shows that the network connection strength is excellent but it just seems to get stuck aquiring the network address I have tried repair etc Can someone please help me with this as maybe it s just something simple nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I saw another post that had the exact same problem I m having just that my problem is on a desktop We got wireless internet a few months ago and my desktop was working fine with it Have a wireless adapter for Wireless Losing Adapter Computer and Network Network Recognition the internet Then a few weeks ago the internet started randomly disconnecting from only my computer I thought it was a network problem But then I hit something and the internet was working fine again for a few weeks Now it s Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition on the fritz Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition again starting yesterday When I try disconnecting and then reconnecting to the network it will tell me that there were no networks to connect to And when I unplug the adapter and plug it back in to the usb ports it ll tell me that my computer can t recognize the adapter that it s malfunctioning I ve tried the adapter in all the ports and it gives me the same message I have to restart my computer to get it to both recognize the adapter and the network so it ll connect again once it s restarted The internet will last for random periods of time When the internet goes out I get the yellow triangle error thing first on the network icon it doesn t just go right to there being nothing period and having the X symbol only after I try disconnecting from the network Sometimes all day then I ll leave the computer on over night and find the internet is out again on it in the morning Or it ll last for only a few minutes Sometimes the computer won t lose the network if I try disconnecting and reconnecting from the network It ll reconnect to the local network but when it s trying to find the network to connect to the internet it can t find it It ll say undiscovered network I thought maybe the adapter was faulty so I ve tried switching it with the adapter from another computer It still did the same thing with the other adapter And nothing is wrong with the adapter I was using it worked fine in the other computer when I put it in Both adapters are good When the usb ports stop working for the adapter it s only the adapter having problems Everything else still works fine I have no clue what the problem could be I never had any network internet problems when we had wired internet Here is the system info for my computer I really need help this is causing me heart attacks x x I really don t understand much about computers so if any help could be explained really simply and in a lot of detail so I can understand I d really appreciate it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer Losing Wireless Network Adapter and Network Recognition

Do other usb devices work fine on the computer? For instance, if you plug in a thumb drive the computer, is the computer able to recognize the drive as well as read/write data to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-losing-wireless-network-adapter-and-network-recognition.1056416/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello all. I want to connect to a wireless network that is to far away from my computer. But it should not be too far away from one of the networks i can connect to. So is it possible for me to connect to the network through the one thats not too far away? Both are unsecured wireless networks.

A:Connect to a wireless network through another wireless network?

Alternatively can the network im trying to reach somehow (easily) connect to the network which is not too far away so that i'll automatically will be connected to it?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/247752-connect-wireless-network-through-another-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 41.71%

is there any solutions for this problem?
it's really bugging me
i already try to fix it by manage the device manager (network adapters)

A:Problem with wireless network adapter or acces network

Hello razuke, Welcome to SevenForums : Can we get a bit more information to assist you ? Please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs . After updating your profile pls do this to enable us to have information to help you out : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread . Thank you , we will try out best to assist you in this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343229-problem-wireless-network-adapter-acces-network.html
Relevancy 41.71%

First of all, THANKS for looking! Here's my quandry:

My wireless router is in the living room. My printer (which is networkable but not wireless) is in the study. How can I print from a laptop that is on the network wirelessly to that printer? (without walking the laptop over to the printer and using the USB cable)

I was thinking of adding another wireless router over by the printer and plugging the network cable into the router and printer. The router would not have any other network connection (wired) and set the router as an access point only.

Would that work? Probably not but figured it was worth a shot!

Thanks again for your help.

A:Solved: Printing to Network Printer via Wireless Network

If you are able to use the wireless router in bridged mode to connect to your wireless router in the living room then it should work yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-to-network-printer-via-wireless-network.800417/
Relevancy 41.71%

My neighbor came over two days ago after complaining that she could not stole neighbor My to network access network! my key wireless my access the unsecured network in the neighborhood I felt bad for her so I told her she could use my computer to access her school website I noticed that she had written something on her hand not paying attention I let it go She immediately quot had to go put the baby down for a nap quot and about seconds after she was gone my Wii started going in and out of connection and my Dell pc started running really slow So now I am convinced she stole my wireless network key off of the side of my wire gateway modem My network quot was quot secure until she got the network key The above is obviously not important My question is how can I block her computer completely from my network My neighbor stole my wireless network key to access my network! without disabling my wireless access I have gained access to my system summary via gateway wire net I named all of my computer devices including my ipad ipod iphone android phone and pc so her s is the only one I do not recognize When viewing it does not give me the option to click on the unknown pc it only allows me to view the computer devices that have connected to my newtork I have reset my modem and changed what I think is the router password but I want to make sure that her computer has zero access to my network I am a complete novice I do not know much about computers so please bare with me Any information will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone

We have purchased 2 new HP Elitebooks and both are getting these bluescreens when accessing the network over wireless. I am assuming it has to do with the wireless cards or their drivers but this has now occured even when using just the 3G modem and VPN client

I have attached dumps, if someone could please advise what else i can try as i have already updated all network drivers, vpn software, 3g modem drivers etc

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

A:BSOD when accessing network or network shares via Wireless

Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmilitia

Hi everyone

We have purchased 2 new HP Elitebooks and both are getting these bluescreens when accessing the network over wireless. I am assuming it has to do with the wireless cards or their drivers but this has now occured even when using just the 3G modem and VPN client

I have attached dumps, if someone could please advise what else i can try as i have already updated all network drivers, vpn software, 3g modem drivers etc

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

No DMP files included in upload please try this method
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194749-bsod-when-accessing-network-network-shares-via-wireless.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello.

I have an xp 2400 using xp with a D-link DGL 4300 wireless router connecting wirelessly to a Thinkpad T42 (2 floors above). The signal strength reads good or very good, internet is great, but My Network Places wont generally let me in to the folders. When it does, I can't stream media files for longer than 20secs and file transfers fail, causing a not-responding situation.

all firewalls are off

any thoughts appreciated as new to wireless

thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 41.71%

My home network has several componants DSL down up and wireless down up My windows xp computer is connected to the wireless vista ultimate is connected to DSL but both are part of my home network and I am able to share files This part is fine it is hard wired My laptop xp pro wireless or hard wired sees the home hidden network is Vista a my wireless network says home network all is good Problem my tablet vista premium can Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network only connect to wireless down wirelessly is not able to share files Not part of home network file sharing and discovery are on It will connect to home network hard cable and share files when I get thwwat part figured out It is a member of home network Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network How do I correct this Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network problem I am using a DSL modem to a monowall router with wireless to switches through out the house The wireless signal from a different provider Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network through a meg I think anttena also goes to the mono wall router Monowall router is working correctly at least hard wired The purpose of a wireless home network is to sorry be wireless and able to move around and share files Sorry if it is confusing I had it all working with xp Vista is a problem that I have not figured out yet Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181414-vista-says-my-home-network-wireless-hidden-network.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network and my computer has found the network and will let me connect (after typing in the WEP key), but the status says 'Acquiring network address' and I can't access the internet.

I have the IP address for the network, but don't know how to add this into my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

A:Wireless network connection - Cannot acquire network address.

Hi

if it hangs or shows limited connectivity ensure you are typing in the correct key, some routers will allow a passphrase for wep others want the key in hexadecimal format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-cannot-acquire-network-address.136636/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've just about given up on this but maybe someone can help I have Windows my wife's computer has Windows Vista There are also other computers on the network in the backroom using and XP I believe but they are not involved in this problem directly My wife uses the Linksys version USB Wireless Adapter My HP is a wireless adapter that is built in and I can't Network When Crashes Wireless Network Transferring Internet Across check from here but I believe the problem is being caused by her computer or some kind of incompatibility between hers and the router which is a Linksys wrt g Anyways the problem occurs when trying to transfer files between the two computers normally mine to hers It's fairly slow at only meg per minute as displayed by the dialog box and it Wireless Network Crashes Internet When Transferring Across Network crashes the internet completely As soon as we transfer anything it seems to just kill the network We can both download and surf from the internet but computer to computer it just seems to die Now I believe I've transfered to other computers when my mom was visiting with her laptop without issue but with my wife's vista computer it just dies Any clues as Wireless Network Crashes Internet When Transferring Across Network to why this might happen

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287764-wireless-network-crashes-internet-when-transferring-across-network.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I've instaled TuneUp Utilities on my PC. It was working fine. Then I've run some optimisations and now I don't have an internet connection.

I've tried all the fixes in the site, but nothing works.

Here is the info:

" Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . :
%.`#(-PC Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter %'&(g- ,`%&." "`j'* :

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-39-E5-28-84-C2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 3:05:19 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 04, 2015 5:26:48 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled"
Please save me!

A:Unidentified network / Limited Connectivity to a wireless network

moved to network forum

those utilities can often cause issues - if they do a registry clean-up - not recommended

lets start with a tcp/ip reset

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista - Windows 7 - Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/unidentified-network-limited-connectivity-to-a-wireless-network-979730.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This morning I installed an optional update from Windows Update. It was Ralink Technology WLAN 802.11 wireless LAN card.

Since then, when I try to print to my wireless network printer, the network would disconnect then come back on after a while. The update shows up in Update History as successfully installed but not in the installed updates. System restore is of no help here. The network configuration page shows normal. The web does not appear to be affected. I made a new network connection for the printer but it did not help.

Is there a way to reverse this update or should I uninstall the 802.11 LAN card and let windows re-install anew.

The printer is a HP Officejet Pro 8600e

A:Random network disconnect to wireless network printer

You can go into device manager -right click the network card and roll back the driver - then search for this in windows search - "change device installation settings" and select never let windows install driver updates - also hide the driver in windows update - that should do it - if it still installs u can turn off a setting in maintenance - from memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21201-random-network-disconnect-wireless-network-printer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi!

I seemed to have this problem for a long time. I am a little experienced with problems and programming, so if you could post pictures in the steps provided, it would make it easier for me!

The network icon displays a red X symbol and an ethernet cable symbol with a computer screen symbol in the background. I'm currently connected to a wireless network (on Windows 7 Home Premium x64), and the notification box shows that I'm connected to the network properly, but the icon itself shows that I'm disconnected. I have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling and re-installing some wireless adapter drivers (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, VirtualBox Service - I think that caused the problem, and Virtual WiFi Filter Driver), I tried to clear the icon cache in the registry, and I used the troubleshooter for the Network and Sharing Center.

I don't know what to do now. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Network Icon Displays a Red X but I'm Connected to a Wireless Network

Hi welcome to 7F

that icon showing because you do not have an ethernet cable plugged into laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352990-network-icon-displays-red-x-but-im-connected-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Attempting to install D-Link Wireless G Router DI-524 after installing Actiontec DSL GT701 modem and wireless gateway. When I type in the URL address into my web browser it opens up the installation wizard for the Actiontec modem rather than the D-Link Wizard.

Both installation wizards have the same address.

What do I need to do to install the D-Link Wireless G Router?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all I came across this website and forum through searching for this problem I ve come across similar problems but they all either end with the person wireless detect card network Wireless won't taking their computer to a shop or it goes unsolved Here is the issue My Wireless card won't detect wireless network computer Dell Vostro with Windows XP will not detect the wireless network we have here at home The wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless ABG The Wireless card won't detect wireless network laptop has a light that shows if WiFi is on or not Whenever I turn on the laptop the light is usually on but not detecting any wireless network either ours or someone else s -This started happening about three weeks ago There was no damage to the computer I reformatted the laptop and reinstalled all the drivers but the problem persisted -Turns out one of our cats had thrown up on the router we had at the time so I figured that was the problem and waited until we got another one -The new one came yesterday and everything was working fine A couple hours later the problem resurfaced I rolled back the driver thinking maybe that was the issue but apparently it wasn t I tried uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling The only thing that accomplished was deleting the profile I had on there I ve tried the simple repair option but that hasn t worked I know the router is broadcasting a signal because everyone else in the house is getting the connection Here is what is displayed when I do the IPCONFIG ALL in CMD Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ChrisAdmin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name chris Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -B - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday September P M Lease Expires Saturday September PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- -A - C Thanks in advance Right now I m connected via ethernet Here is some additional information -Devices listed under Network adapters include Net Adapter Broadcom x Integrated Controller and the Intel adapter I mentioned earlier Intel Pro Wireless ABG Network Connection -No devices under Network adapters have a red x displayed -No devices in the Device Manager display a yellow or nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I have an existing wireless network on a Seimens Speadstream 6520 and I would like to add some range to cover dead spots. I also have a Linksys WRT54G-RG lying around. Can I use the WRT54G-RG as a kind of repeter or something to that effect or should I go with an actual range expander?

A:adding wireless router to wireless network

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-router-to-wireless-network.816179/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an ADSL modem with a netgear WGT624 wireless router.
Also 3 PC's with Dlink DWL-G520 wireless PCI adapters.
This all works properly and I've not had any problems with it.
I'd like to add a Dlink Dl-624S wireless router to this existing network.
It has a usb connection for an external drive that I'd like to use 24/7 on the network and the ability for other multiple wireless connections.
I'd like to use the 2nd router in a different area than where the current PC's and modem are and it is not realistic to use a cable to join the two routers, therefore the requirement for a 2nd wireless router.
I think what I'm needing to do is use the 2nd wireless router as an access point only?
Is this possible with the Dl-624S?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

I generally don't have a need to network computers together. In fact if I do network in my home it will be for only one purpose and would prefer to have the network down 99.99% of the time.

I can run the lines needed to connect these two computers but wireless would be easier to get going.

I am just wondering if wireless is secure enough.

If I do connect two computers together I would want to set it up so I have a link on the desktop's where I can connect the network and disconnect it even if it requires me to hire out custom coding.

I guess what I am saying is would want the computers connected about once a week for a few minutes and then break the connection as easy as possible but also securely.

A:Wired vs Wireless network, is wireless safe.

I'm not sure about the others, but i have tried this and its safe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186219-wired-vs-wireless-network-wireless-safe.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I h ave a linksys wrt54g wireless router (Wireless-G, 54).

One computer, WinXP Pro, connects wireless, with a matching Wireless-G PCI card.

Second computer, Win7 Pro, connects to the router via wired connection.

Whenever I transfer files (mainly from Wireless Machine to Wired Machine), the transfers seem slow. I am not expecting full (or even half) of 54MB transfers, as I understand that is just what the standard says it is capable of or whatever. But most of the time, I only get roughly 2MB/sec and sometimes even slower (say im transferring a 500MB file).

does that seem normal?

I am already thinking about upgrading to a Wireless-N network, but that is another question in itself.

Relevancy 41.28%

Let me start from the beginning. From what I've read and seen the best way to have a home network and Internet connection is this config. - DSL modem (mine is actiontec wireless gateway) connected to the Router (dlink dl 624) connected to a switch (dlink). I did disable the wireless portion of the dlink router but can only get Internet connection from one computer (xp pro). I can't get anything from the other computer (xp home). Plus I can't see any of the other computers from either machine. Also, I can only access the dlink router to change things and not the modem.

Sorry for the huge request...

Broby

A:Adding wireless network to DSL wireless setup

Please don't hijack another thread to post your problem. I've already answered this in your duplicate thread.

Closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-wireless-network-to-dsl-wireless-setup.422851/
Relevancy 41.28%

ok here is the thing first i would like to say that im begginer so any extra info that you would like to ask dont hesited Until now i didnt have any problem with wireless connections Any place with wireless i was ok Today i moved to a new flat and for internet the owner of the flat told me there is a modem for wireless conection Im sitting next to my modem but my pc cant find the wireless network so i cant connect even though i can find all the other networks in the whole bulding included neighbours I ask for a friend of mind to try to connect with his pc and he succed without wireless network! cant find my wireless problem. any problem its like my pc wants to drive me crazy I didnt change any settings to my pc or something I have a pc acer aspire with windows xp for any advise pls try to make it simple its really important for me to have net the next days any advice will be greatfull thxs nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a pc desktop, pc laptop, and a Macbook. ATT DSL is my IPS, and the router is a D-link DI-624 v. C, and it has the most recent firmware.

I can be on my Mac for hours, and when I turn on my desktop PC, the Mac gets kicked off the wireless network within minutes.

Is it the router?

Don't think it's the Macbook, as I have no problems at hotspots.

A:Keep getting kicked off wireless network when second wireless pc is turned on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-kicked-off-wireless-network-when-second-wireless-pc-is-turned-on.611763/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey everyone,

Does anyone happen to know how to successfully create a network in Windows XP Pro for a wireless laptop and for an Ethernet-hooked-up (non-wireless) computer. I'm trying to printer and file share the two together BUT I've exhausted myself in trying to make it happen. Has anyone successfully done this? Am I missing something? Perhaps hardware?

I would truly appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks all!

A:HELP on setting up an XP network for wireless and non-wireless computers together...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-setting-up-an-xp-network-for-wireless-and-non-wireless-computers-together.323389/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I really hope someone can help Wireless & Cable Problem Wireless Network me as I am at a bit of a lost My husband used to set everything up and he has left I lost my internet connection a couple of weeks ago due to a phone line problem I have had to install my wireless network again it Cable & Wireless Wireless Network Problem is the Cable amp Wireless g ADSL wireless router My internet is back on but my son s computer and xbox cannot detect the wireless router I have used the installation disc on the main computer but really need Cable & Wireless Wireless Network Problem advise on what i should be looking at I have gone into the network settings for the upstairs pc and xbox and all i get is quot cannot find wireless network quot Is there a setting i am missing here I am not a computer beginner but this has me stumped Model number for the router is ADSLR CW it is all connected and working Please can someone help me out nbsp

A:Cable & Wireless Wireless Network Problem

You probably need to go into the configuration pages for the wireless router and set up wireless access.

It sounds like the wireless section is not enabled if they don't see any networks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-wireless-wireless-network-problem.872458/
Relevancy 41.28%

i bought a d'link wireless usb 2.0 adapter to connect my broken laptop to wireless
i have a belkin wireless router that is set correctly
my 2 other laptop connect fine with their built in wireless cards with full 5 bars
but when i turn on my laptop with the wireless stick
it only get 1 to 2 bars
and also can't connect to my 360 to listen to music
i called d'link and they said it was the router
then i called belkin and they said it was the usb wireless stick
usb stick - http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=473&se...
wireless router - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...
there is no built in wireless in the broken laptop
thats why i bought the usb wireless for it
i am only 8 feet away from the wireless router
any help would be great
thanks
Vaughn
and also
a friend said windows 7 will be free for people who have purchased vista
is this true?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220559-help-network-usb-wireless-adapter-wireless-router.html