Windows Support Forum

Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

Q: Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 86.43%

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router My home network has two Win PC and two XP all from Dell Few days ago only the Windows computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck I worked several days on this argument doing many attempts I have investigated installation problems so as permissions spooler firewall and antivirus drivers latest available system files corruption or similar problems etc without any good result If I move the printer to Windows computers local USB the printer installs immediately and prints The Router network wont anymore connected printer print network is OK fixed IPs and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W and XP computers I googled every possible discussion so as on Microsoft and Dell forums no success I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why suddenly the W computers are unable to address the printer Its network address is fixed by the router printers Samsung and has Router connected network printer wont print anymore been so for years Thanks for your time

A:Router connected network printer wont print anymore

Quote: Originally Posted by Manlio

For years I had never problems to print using a network printer attached to USB print server port of an US Robotics router. My home network has two Win 7 PC and two XP, all from Dell. Few days ago only the Windows 7 computers send printings to spooler queue where they get stuck. I worked several days on this argument, doing many attempts.
I have investigated installation problems so as permissions, spooler, firewall and antivirus, drivers (latest available), system files corruption or similar problems etc., without any good result.
If I move the printer to Windows 7 computers local USB, the printer installs immediately and prints.
The network is OK (fixed IPs) and I had no problems on sharing folders etc on W7 and XP computers.
I googled every possible discussion, so as on Microsoft and Dell forums, no success. I am not a newbie on IT stuff but I am unable to understand why, suddenly the W7 computers are unable to address the printer. Its network address is fixed by the router (192.168.1.1:1631/printers/Samsung) and has been so for years.
Thanks for your time

Hi Manlio,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let us know which printer model is the one you are using over network. Also, let us know the if you are able to printer wirelessly from the XP system.

Check this link below to reset the spooler service which should help you resolve this issue:

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308525-router-connected-network-printer-wont-print-anymore.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello All,

This is my first Post on this forum and i would like to ask for help on an irritating issue of a network printer.

I am a system administrator in Thomas Cook Goa location and in one of our branch there is a shared printer on a
particular hostname. Now here's the problem ...

All sharing ralated settings have been done in the Antivirus and firewall to which the printer is connected to.
the other computers can ping this PC, but when i try to type \\follewed by hostname or ip address I get an error message
saying that i do not have permissions to access the location.

The printer sharing pc was on win 7 and the other was on XP so i installed win 7 on the other pc also but still no luck...

Any advice??

Thanx in advance

Relevancy 82.56%

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help
If this is in the wrong forum i apologize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-on-windows-7.1086404/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just recently installed Win7 on a newly built computer for my parents, and HP got me the right drivers for Win7 64 bit and all, but the printer never prints. All the documents just sits in the printer queue of the printer. What could be wrong with it?

Also, I installed a Lexmark Z110 series printer on my desktop, Win7 64bit, got it to be detected and all, but still it doesn't print either. Won't even do a test page or nothing.

A:HP Printer connected and all, but doesn't print.

If Windows 7 drivers were never offcially made for your printer than it won't work correctly despite Windows 7 installing what it thought were the correct drivers. Printer drivers for new Op systems are typically slow to come about.

I can't get my old Dell printer to work either despite that fact that Win7 attempted to install drivers for it. Dell never even made Vista 64 drivers for my printer so Win7 one's will just never happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27842-hp-printer-connected-all-but-doesnt-print.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have two computers connected wirelessly to a router One is a Mac running OSX and one is a PC running Windows Vista The router is an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station I have a printer connected to the router with a USB connected Cannot print to to printer router cable Both computers can successfully connect to the internet and they both can print to the network printer A third computer is connected to this network a new PC running Cannot print to printer connected to router Windows It can successfully connect to the internet via the router but I cannot print to the network printer Cannot print to printer connected to router The printer driver was installed automatically in the new PC by connecting the printer directly to the PC via USB cable The printer worked fine when it was connected directly But when I reconnected the printer to the router the new PC does not print I have gone to Control Panel Devices and Printers right-clicked the printer selected Printer properties clicked the Sharing tab and made sure that share this printer is checked The printer is set as the default printer I have tried to find a solution in SevenForums and other user groups but no luck Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Cannot print to printer connected to router

When you install a network printer, you can't plug it into the printer via USB and then disconnect it, hoping it will work. Windows will still look for the USB connection - it doesn't know the printer is connected to a router.

Since the printer is connected to an Apple router, hopefully the router instructions will explain how to get the printer sharing to work. I'm sure there's going to be something about creating a tcp/ip port, but I don't know for certain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243517-cannot-print-printer-connected-router.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a computer running windows 98 SE, using a dialup connection. Whenever I am connected to the internet, I am unable to use my printer. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Relevancy 69.23%

I set up the printer (HL-2270DW) following all instructions. It is listed under Devices and Printers with my other printers, but not under Printers. I cannot set it as default printer in Devices and Printers.

When I go to printers -> add new printer -> wireless printer it is found, but it says installation failed when I try to install it. I got no errors following brother's instructions, can connect to the printer settings wirelessly but cannot print.

Any ideas?

A:Brother Wireless Laser Printer - Installed, connected but cannot print

Interestingly, I just found that my windows 8 tablet can see and print from it fine. I configured it from my windows 7 desktop though, and this is where the problems are happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343490-brother-wireless-laser-printer-installed-connected-but-cannot-print.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am unable to print to an HP USB printer HP Officejet from to USB from Print XP Unable Printer to a Dell Lattitude D operating under Windows XP Pro with SP The printer used to work OK a couple months ago The printer works fine form my laptop I am able to scan OK to the Dell All of the printer indications say the printer is ready from Windows Printer and Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP Faxes and from the HP Desktop software I am able to get ink level updates and able to print a troubleshooting page from the HP software and do print head cleaning and alignment However I cannot print a test page from the HP software from Windows or from any document I get an error saying windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup I have checked with the recommendations shown in the warning but have no success I have no problem printing to networked printers The Windows printer troubleshooter has been no help All Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP the USB lines in system information indicate ready with no problem I am able to operate flash drives from the USB ports I have tried printing from all of the various USB ports with no change in symptoms I have also tried using different USB cables I have reinstalled updated print drivers I think I updated USB drivers but am not sure if I got it right Any advice on where to go next Thanks GW nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

hi all

sony vaio pc desktop pcvrs620 g, dell A940 all in one printer (wired to sony desktop) and a toshiba satellite laptop connnected through a wireless linksys router to the network...
all xp sp2

here's the trouble. we want to be able to share this printer, but right now cannot make the laptop print on the wired printer. of course it will print if i connect the usb cable, but i want to be ablet to print wirelessly.

have done "share this printer" on the wired pc
when i try to add the drivers /install the printer on the laptop it wants me to connect the laptop to the printer...i am not sure that i want to establish this connection since my ultimate goal is wireless printing...

ok? thanks!!

sorry, edited, i am posting this question in the more appropriate "networking" forum...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-solving-a-wireless-network-network-printer-wont-print.614708/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
One domain user recently can't see network drives and use printer. When you join a domain it automatically maps those drives and ads that printer, and it did, but now it is all gone. You can't even see disconnected drives in My computer. I am able to ping
those drives, but that's it. And this occurs only on one computer on one user. If log in to different user on that computer everything is fine and if I log in with that user on different computer it also works. Tried looking for disabled services, but couldn't
any that would be turned off from the most important (Workstation, Network location awareness, Network list service). Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfdf0bb8-f959-472b-90da-7dbe588fa0ed/domain-user-cant-map-network-drives-and-print-on-network-printer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Please be informed that I have Desktop running Windows xp and one laptop running Windows Ultimate at home Files and printer sharing is enabled in both the system and I printer. Unable print in to xp WIndows am able to share files and folders Desktop is connected with a Lexmark X printer with USB cable and the printer is working fine My Windows laptop can 'see' the printer Unable to print in WIndows xp printer. but when I try to print nothing happens I have gone through various tutorials and tried uninstall and reinstall of the printer I also tried to install the printer as Local printer eg desktop Lexmark I have installed the latest available driver and the printer works fine if it is connected physically to any system but No matter how I try I am unable to share the printer This extra info may help you The printer is visible from windows I can even change the settings from Windows Print spoller is active and starts automatically in both system Files and folders sharing is working fine As I have installed both Windows xp and Windows in my laptop the shared printer works fine if I boot into Windows xp from it Now what can I do to make the shared printer also work with my Windows Help please Jhambulal Agrawal

A:Unable to print in WIndows xp printer.

Hello Jhambulal, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You could try if this works for you: HP LaserJet 5000 drivers?
Different printer but the same issue.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70130-unable-print-windows-xp-printer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all,
I used mail merge in Microsoft Word to create several pages of labels. When I try to print using a Hewlitt Packard LaserJet 4Si, one page will print correctly then the printer will stop with an error that I need to load paper. Once this error comes up, I have to completely reset my printer in order to print Anything.

The error also says I must use Manual Feed. But when I load the paper into the manual feed, only half the page will print. The rest looks likes it's running out of toner. Again, I have to reset the printer.

Any ideas on how to get my labels to print correctly?
Thank you much! =)

A:Unable to print labels using HP printer

If your using Avery lables download and install one or all of these free apps from Avery

http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-labels-using-hp-printer.196465/
Relevancy 65.36%

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and haven't been able to print from the lap top since.

A:Unable to print anything from laptop. Tells me the printer i...

@Lukenj? If you left the printer program / software on the computer during the migration to Windows 10, the Microsoft check service that looks for incompatible programs would likely have just left it alone. The problem is that even if the existing printer program is of a version that should work, the software on the computer gets mangled during the migration process. You need to remove the existing printer program from Programs and Features / Apps and Features and replace it with a freshly downloaded installation package. Printer Driver Page:HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software (printer program):File name: PS5520_1315-1.exeRelease detailsReleased: Nov 3, 2015Version 28.8  Help, suggestions, and examples:Install Full Feature Software ? Printer NOTE:  If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10 or if you need to re-install the printer software: Create a Restore Point >Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >Remove any existing printer software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features >Restart the computer and log in >Install Full Feature Software (look in your Downloads folder and Double-Click on the file) >Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation Section(s) of interest include:PreparationExtras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation HelpThe Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)Restart EverythingDownload and InstallationRemove Printer SoftwareSee who and what is on your networkCreate a Restore Point...When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-print-anything-from-laptop-Tells-me-the-printer-is/td-p/5617049
Relevancy 65.36%

I am unable to print to either a local or wireless networked printer. Everything was working fine this morning. I was prompted for an update and allowed it this afternoon and I have not been able to print since. I have tried a system restore and that is not working. I have tried reinstalling the print drivers, checked the spool settings, and printing is not showing offline. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

A:Unable to print to local or networked printer

More info, please.
OS, printer specs, computer specs, nature of update and any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-local-or-networked-printer.1030185/
Relevancy 65.36%

My setup is as follows Two Windows XP Pro PCs Linksys Wireless Router Brother HL- DN Laser printer I also sometimes connect wirelessly with my laptop The issue Up until about two weeks ago I was able to print from Desktop PC to printer Desktop has networked to to printer print Solved: Unable a dedicated printer via USB and doesn t access the laser printer I tried installing Brother s printer configuration on laptop so that I can also print to the Solved: Unable to print to networked printer printer from the laptop After installing Brother s configuration software I printed a test page from the laptop successfully I then proceeded to print several PDF files from the laptop and then suddenly the printer would no longer print and the print job monitor just said quot Printing - Error quot Ever since that happened I have been unable Solved: Unable to print to networked printer to print from Desktop PC I reinstalled the Brother software and was able to print a test page and a few print jobs I come back to the PC later in the day and I can no longer print I power cycle the router and then same thing happens Solved: Unable to print to networked printer as above can print test page a few jobs and then nothing Each time I power cycle router I can print for a few minutes then nothing I went out and got a new router Same exact thing I configure new router PC amp PC can access the Internet but PC can t print but it does see that the printer is there Also occasionally the laptop can t connect to Internet It can connect successfully to the LAN but then not to the Internet When I walk away from the PC I always lock it WINDOWS L so it can t be that someone one of the kids did something to the PC Any ideas Thank you in advance for your assistance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to print to networked printer

Do you have the Brother printer setup with a static IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-print-to-networked-printer.801506/
Relevancy 65.36%

My printer Samsung M print to after anytihing pdf printer Unable installing W My PDF-printers Cute PDF Creator Foxit Advanced PDF Editor I have a serious problem with printing All my printers have previously worked fine But after installing a pdf-printer Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Cute PDF Creator or Foxit Advanced PDF Editor Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer all printing attemps will fail I tried unistalling amp installing all printers I have Even Microsoft XPS-printer won t work When I try to print from Word nothing happens Samsung PDF and XPS Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Sometimes Word even crashes When I try to print from Excel windows gives a notification current printer is not available choose another printer language is in finnish WIth Mozilla Firefox I get a nofication Printer not working An error occurred while printing I have tried this with in all printing options Samsung PDF and XPS This problem first occurred two months ago I googled a lot and tried even to empty registyy etc But the only way I could fix this was to get registry backup from a time before I fisrt tried to install a pdf-printer Unfortunately after the registry backup was restored several other problems started to raise with other programs This is obvious because the registry backup was very old months So I re-installed whole windows home premium -bit I even formatted my harddrive Gb to get a clean start Now I finally have everything re-istalled and working perfectly Samusung M W was working fine But immediatelly after I installed PDF-printer this time Foxit Anvanced PDF Editor precisely same problem occurred Thi is my curse Of course I took backup files of the whole system and registry But that is not the solution I want to be able print dircetly to pdf I used to avoid this problem by printing first to xps-file and then converting the xps-file to pdf But if you have several files this is really time comsuming I also have Windows Vista -bit in my laptop and all pdf-printers are working just fine Please help me This must be a software issue because at first everything is working fine and in the next minute everything will fail

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381520-unable-print-anytihing-after-installing-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

This has been around for some time but I've unable print Laptop to printer networked to yet to find a solution that works My Set-up is BT Home-Hub up to MBs Broadband connection with two ethernet ports and Wifi telephone and USB - port connected to Vista PC - port connected to port Netgear switch Netgear switch - port input from Laptop unable to print to networked printer BT Home Hub - port connected to TV - port connected to NAS - port connected to Samsung CLP ND colour laser - port connected to this desktop PC Win bit - ports to as yet unused Other PCs - desktop running XP SP connects through WiFi - old Toshiba laptop running XP SP connects through WiFi - new HP laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi - Acer laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi The issue This desktop can print via the network All XP pcs laptops see the printer on the network and can print The Win laptops see the printer on Laptop unable to print to networked printer the network but when asked to print a test page the document gets stuck in queue until it gives the Error - printing message If the printer is sleeping when the test page is sent the Samsung print dialog panel on the laptop remains showing quot Printer is sleeping quot - as if no commands are being sent to the printer and why nothing prints Cancelling the document returns the printer to normal - ie the exclam mark in the yellow triangle disappears and is replaced by a tick When the laptop is shutdown and then restarted maybe a day later if the printer is on it jumps into life and prints the test page I should add that the laptop is part of the HOMEGROUP and can see the printer via this PC - and it can print via this PC in the HOMEGROUP Anyone got any ideas Regards

A:Laptop unable to print to networked printer

Dear Daveatthewell,
Troubleshoot this in the windows 7 Laptops.

To reset the printer port, follow these steps: Click the Start menu, and then select Control Panel>Hardware and Sounds>Printers.
Double click the Printers option. The Printers window appears.
Right click your printer, and then select the Properties option. The Properties window appears.
Select the Ports tab, and then check mark the USB option.
Click the OK button to save and exit. (Courtesy Samsung)

Regards,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219520-laptop-unable-print-networked-printer.html
Relevancy 64.93%

nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp We are migrating from XP to Windows and using USMT offline to migrate user settings etc Network completed printer check 0x00000709) not be printer Double sure "Operation (error name is and the connected Printers could that the network." the make to printers are migrated but on the users first login if the user tries to set their default printer they receive the following error message - quot Operation could not be completed error x Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network quot nbsp nbsp The printer is in fact installed and it is possible to print a test print just not set the default printer The issue is resolved by restarting the print spooler or logging out and back in or rebooting or re-installing the printer so nbsp is only an issue during the users first login nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network." nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there a way this can be quot fixed quot nbsp or mitigated so users have a nbsp totally smooth migration experience at first login nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Tom

A:Printers "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network."

Hi,
According to the error message, I assume that the spooler service cannot find out the printer on the network.

You may set the startup type of Printer Spooler service to Manual or Delayed Start for a test.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57d9e420-0ea2-4561-a7cc-2fd33da792ae/printers-quotoperation-could-not-be-completed-error-0x00000709-double-check-the-printer-name-and?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.93%

hello,
the probem is when i am trying to connect to a printer which is connected to a computer and it is shared also.The problem is that i am unable to ping the computer with which the printer is connected but vice versa is ok.what can i do to get rid of this problem

A:To get connected with a printer in a network

Quote:

Originally Posted by syamgamini

hello,
the probem is when i am trying to connect to a printer which is connected to a computer and it is shared also.The problem is that i am unable to ping the computer with which the printer is connected but vice versa is ok.what can i do to get rid of this problem

What firewall are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/to-get-connected-with-a-printer-in-a-network-363900.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have switched over to Vista Business Operating System, I can print to the local Printer but cannot print to any printer attached to Windows'98 Computers within the same workgroup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-print-from-vista-to-a-windows-98-shared-printer-330477.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I run XP Pro on my desktop which is hardwired to my WIFi router. I have a laptop that can make a WiFi connection and use my printer, also hardwired to the desktop.

Whilst I can print as many copies as I wish from my desktop, no matter how many copies one wants from the laptop, it will only ever print one!

Can this be a) explained, and b) overcome?

Thanks
Tony

A:Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

Is the printer shared on the Desktop? and is Simple File sharing turned on? If so, on the laptop, go to Printers and Faxes, and Delete the printer. Now on the laptop, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the desktop computer where the printer is attached (ex) \\computername and press enter. It now should show the shared printer and any other shared folders on the Desktop. Right click the Shared Printer and press Connect. The shared printer will now be listed on the laptop. Print a multi page document by opening it, and going to File/Print and changing the amount of pages to print.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-print-multiple-copies-on-shared-printer-636068.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I can no longer print to my wifi network printer. When I try to print I get a message on my monitor that says "Unable to Communicate with Printer". When I check the printer in Control Panel there is a yellow triangle on this printer. This printer is named HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network). When I run the trouble shooter it says I should make printer Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) the default printer but I don't see the Fax = Hp Officejet Pro 8600 (Network) printer. No Fax before the rest of the description. Would this be the same printer?
I have Windows 7 on my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1156283/
Relevancy 64.5%

On Windows 7 at work and my computer is about 1 of 7, it was previously the older version of windows however it crashed then once turned back on it was miraculously windows 7. strange.

anyway, i was able to print to all printers before this happened. now I can only print to one printer.

I have attempted to look for the printer using the search for printer on the control panel, attempted to install the driver from the website and nothing works. all other computers can print to this computer except mine. also checked the firewall settings which seem to be fine too.

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with this?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer.1053408/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. I'm trying to get my HP Laserjet to print using a second computer that is linked with mine via a Motorola router that I use for my Vonage line. The main computer prints fine so I know the computer works. When I go to the second computer (which has all the drivers installed) and I choose the correct choice of printer from the dropdown, making sure the main one is on, nothing happens in terms of the printer.

When I go into the printers and faxes in the control panel (on the main computer) I see the job but it says: Remote download document under "Document Name" but nothing under status. Under "Owner" is guest. The time submitted is correct so I know the computers are communicating but they are not allowing me to print from the second computer.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks,
Hollywood Howie

Relevancy 64.5%

Ok before I begin explaining I am novice when it come s to these problems So what Printer print please help! Network not does happened was recently I reset the modem to it s factory settings However in doing so I believe I might have done something that prevents the network printers to print The printer EPSON SX W Series is connected to the old computer plugged in The other laptops were not connected Network Printer does not print please help! to the printer and would print as wireless However now only the old computer prints directly to the printer the other laptops fail to print it says that the laptop has the EPSON Network Printer does not print please help! printer as it s default printer yet Network Printer does not print please help! when ever I try to print an exclamation mark in yellow triangle appears on the icon in the control panel gt printer section Troubleshoot does not fix the problem either The other problem is I can t remember how this was set up as my dad did it and he will kill me if I don t fix it back Also the old computer is different to the laptops Old computer has Windows XP and the laptops are vista I tried to solve the problem but I failed now I need help PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Network Printer does not print please help!

I reset the modem to it's factory settings.Click to expand...

The "modem" is a modem/wireless router combination unit? Had it been using a non-default IP address subnet?

It may be easier to just delete the printers from the remote computers and set up file and printer sharing as if doing for the first time rather than trying to trouble shoot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-does-not-print-please-help.1032132/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."
The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

I Have a Lanier business printer connect to a modem/router acting as a bridge point that wirelessly connects back to a Dlink DSL2740B modem/router. My problem is that every time I turn the modem of I have to keep setting this connection up again, this never use to happen till I change my ISP last week. I managed to get connection back to the bridge point but can't print to printer, something wrong with ip address I Think/maybe
Regards Troy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-print-to-network-printer.1122983/
Relevancy 64.5%

My networked Brother HL-2070N will print over USB but suddenly not over the network. Ethernet status lights look good, status page from the printer shows it connected to the router and it has an IP address. Everything appears to be connected and working but no documents will print. No settings have been changed on anything. All equipment has been unplugged/restarted, all (current) drivers have been reinstalled, and I've tried multiple ports on the router. When I reinstalled the print driver it found the printer on the network but it still will not print anything unless I plug in a USB cable. This happens on all computers on the network. Looks like the Ethernet controller is hosed. Is it time for a new printer or is there something I'm missing here?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."

The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 64.5%

I have installed a HP office jet 6700 on my network my laptop Win7 X 32 can see the printer and print. However when I tried to install the printer on my wife's laptop I cannot get it to connect at all. The printer can be seen on the network however why I try to print nothing goes to queue. I have check spooler service and it is on.
We use to have an old HP photosmart but it stopped working. I bought a HP5510 and had the same problem now I have same issue with the HP6700 and off course HP support cannot explain why this is happening.

I need help bad on this one.

A:Cannot print with printer on network

Are both computers running Windows 7? Are both computers on the same workgroup? Is this computer actually connected to your switch/router, or is it connected to one computer and then shared?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242061-cannot-print-printer-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok I'm stummped I have a Dell A Printer hooked up to my Desktop vista Ultimate x wired via USB I also have an HP Desktop XP-SP hooked up to my network wired and a HP Laptop XP-SP Wireless also hooked up to my network I can see all on all computers I also can print from my vista desktop to my Dell as well as print from the HP desktop to the Dell However I can't print from my wireless laptop at all I keep getting quot Deleting file quot in printer status I have ran the troubleshooter and no help I have no firewalls on except for windows I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop any ideas recap Desktop Vista Ultimate x Main Computer-always on Desktop XP SP on when needed Laptop XP SP on when needed Printer Dell A- always on Desktop and Laptop can all network no problems Desktop can print to Desktop and vice a versa as Desktop has it's own printer-I did this for troubleshooting purposes laptop cannot print to Desktop but I can print to Desktop Thanks for your help in advance

A:Cannot print to a network printer

Originally Posted by Homeuser

However, I can't print from my wireless laptop at all..I keep getting "Deleting file" in printer status...I have ran the troubleshooter and no help...I have no firewalls on except for windows..I have just done a clean install of the OS on both my desktop and laptop...any ideas?

laptop cannot print to Desktop 1 but I can print to Desktop 2

Try this:

- In Desktop-1, get the network name and printer name.
- On your laptop, install the driver for the printer on desktop-1. Assuming it is a USB connected printer, you will probably need to connect it to your laptop temporarily to do this.
- Control Panel > Printer and Faxes > right click the icon for the printer > Properties.
- In the properties window click Ports > Add Port.
- In the Printer Ports window click Local Port.
- In the Port Name window enter \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name and click OK. These are the names you got in the first step.
- Port Name window closes. Close the Printer Ports window.
- In the properties window for the printer > Ports tab, scroll down to the bottom and you should see an entry like \\Desktop-1-Name\Printer-name Local Port". Check the box for that line. This is very important.
- Do a test print from Notepad. There should be an entry for the printer on Desktop-1 but it will not say "Local Port". Hopefully you will now be able to print to that printer.

Good Luck,
Sky

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237710-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a samsung ML-1710 connected to some network attached storage. I was running win7 x32 but installed x64. Since then I can't get anything to print. I've downloaded and installed their universal printer driver and windows can detect the printer when asked to add one. Everything seems fine beyond the fact that it won't print. My wife's laptop works fine with it...

ms

A:Network printer won't print

Have you installed the Samsung ML-1710 64 bit driver/software from Samsungs website....that's were I would start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256929-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am able to add a network printer to my laptop using a wireless homegroup; however, when I send a test page, nothing happens at the printer. The printer is attached to a desktop in another room. Both the laptop & the desktop use Windows 7. The system worked OK when the laptop used Windows 7 & the dektop had Vista. Did I miss a step at the desktop printer end, or is the problem at the remote laptop side? Here are the steps I used to install the printer at the laptop:

<Start>, <Control Panel>, <Add a printer>, <Add a network, wireless printer>, <\\Donald-PC\HP Photosmart C5100 series>, <Next>, <Install driver>, <Next>, <Print a test page>.

Please help. Thanks.

A:Network printer won't print

What does this look like on both PCs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81051-network-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My new Windows 7 computer will not print to my network printer. It's connected to my wife's XP computer with an ethernet cable. My old XP computer had a wireless card and worked fine with our network printer, so the problem is probably something I need to do with my new Win 7 computer.

My new computer has wireless access to email and the Internet via her router, so I know my USB wireless adapter is OK and connected to our network. And I made sure her computer is on.

When I try to add a printer, the wizard does not find the printer on the network, and I have no idea how to find the TCP address to do it manually.

Should I load the drivers for our printer onto my Windows 7 computer? Or what? Thanks for any help coming my way...

Bill

A:Cannot Print to Network Printer

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check these links carefully, which show you how to share a printer between a Windows XP and a Windows 7 computer.

File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185721-cannot-print-network-printer.html
Relevancy 64.07%

For years I have used an home network printer connected to an US Robotics Router USB input from any of my home computers XP Win Win Never a problem From two days suddenly my Desktop Dell Optiplex running Windows B is no more able to use the printer I have done every network Router connected printer known attempt to solve and read everything I Router connected network printer found googling around Reinstalling Router connected network printer the printer canceling any Firewall and AntiVirus I have even moved the printer to local USB with direct connection and I printed without problems Verified the tcp address and port data on the router Checked the spooler and the printer IP address on the US Robotics router Of course the other computers continue to print regularly on the printer trough the network printer connected to the router All the Router connected network printer network IP are fixed and the network works without any problem with many other items CAMs iphone AppleTV ipod etc AccessPoint - for the WiFi part of the network- and Extender I did many other tests I am not going here to list Always without any result Formally the printer seems to be ok but I am unable to get even a test page from that computer Disinstalled and installed many times cleaning the registry not to have dirty data For your knowledge I have not done any conscious action or modification that I could presume to be the cause of that failure I need to solve this problem therefore pls any kind of idea is very well accepted even crazy one Thanks a lot Manlio nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Guys I've been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing Cable access ipv4 ipv6 internet no network no to connected modem, good yet So I'm directly connected to a modem cable and well Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here's my ipconfig log Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Volumes Untitled System syst txt Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn't change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don't know why I had to use them also and maybe don't exactly know how to use this Windows trouble shooter tells me it's a DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m

A:Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network

Hello and welcome M3 I see you have been waiting for some time now so just to start the ball rolling mate have you checked in the Device Manager for any anomalies ie yellow triangles alongside the adaptors etc?
It might be worth trying to update them anyway see this so that we know what the adaptor's are

Using HW Info general components

DownloadHW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download - (copy andpaste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the running informationin the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the+ for the individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Go onopening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it willhighlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed descriptionof that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailedand are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.
Seemy pic for an example - in this I have opened out one my components and then highlighted one of the one you need andyou can see the detail (mine is the adaptor in this machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350383-cable-connected-modem-ipv6-no-internet-access-ipv4-no-network.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My PC has an incredibly annoying and head-scratching problem it won t connect to the internet as it connected or through to Network Unplugged directly router whether modem Cable appears constantly says A Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem Network Cable is Unplugged Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem I gather this is a common problem and I searched on the internet for a solution but the ones suggested haven t worked My PC runs on Windows XP and we have a wired home LAN network to share an internet connection I tried changing the speed and duplex I went to run cmd and put ipconfig and it says Media Disconnected I tried every cable we have in the house of varying length even a Cat instead of the usual Cat ones the other computers use and I tried a crossover adapter just to see if it was being contrary I also tried switching ports on the router and the one that was always off was the one for the problem computer I tried updating my driver which is an onboard Realtek one it wouldn t update The technician for Arbico which the company I bought the PC from said it was the NIC sent me a new one and washed their hands of the problem The new NIC a TP-Link on this time had the same problem so I then took the PC to PC World where the technician connected it up and it worked there with no problems I assumed that a shop like PC world has a network so thinking maybe the problem could be our router I connected the new PC straight into the modem and still got the network cable unplugged message and it still won t connect to the internet I doubt the problem is the modem as we ve only had it a few months and the other two computers and the Xbox on the network connect fine as well as the computer the new one is going to replace and my laptop on the odd occasion when I plug it into the network Now I really don t know what is wrong with it and have failed to narrow it down Any ideas nbsp

A:Network Cable Unplugged appears whether connected through router or directly to modem

The fact that the Realtek driver cannot update is a worrisome clue.

If this is a desktop, replace the network card as a test... and reinstall the drivers once more.

Modems or Network Interface Cards can fail at anytime, and new ones are not any more reliable than old ones...

Also check the socket. We have been seeing a lot of network socket failures... But were fixable by adding a new network card, and disabling the old socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-appears-whether-connected-through-router-or-directly-to-modem.148453/
Relevancy 63.64%

I m running Windows XP on Selective But Printer It's Print - Won't Network a Toshiba Tecra A Network Printer Won't Print - But It's Selective Laptop computer that is hooked up to a one-way network with an Intel Pentium desktop PC also running XP By one-way I mean that the desktop can access the laptop but not vice versa This is a whole other problem and I m not going to ask about it because we re okay with this set up for now However we both want to use the same printer which is an HP OfficeJet L All-in-One printer So I installed the drivers onto the laptop connected the printer to the laptop via USB and set up the desktop to default to that printer through the laptop connection While I was in the office yesterday the desktop was able to print to the printer When I left for the day I left the laptop on so the desktop could still print but it didn t The user of the desktop said there was no error message at all it just did nothing However when I came in again this morning and quot woke up quot the laptop it began to print just fine again Now it doesn t make much sense to me that any network connection through the laptop would simply not work just because the laptop is in sleep mode but it s the only thing I can think of Please help Edit by the way we ve gone through the quot usual quot stuff restarting both computers turning everything off and back on again and unplugging then reconnecting everything it didn t seem to have an effect nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-wont-print-but-its-selective.725117/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am not able to print in program(ie works, notepad ect.) to my network printer. The printer is a Kodak ESP 5250 connected via usb to my desktop cpu. Desktop is hp running win vista, laptop is an hp running win7. All printer sharing is enabled. I have another laptop( aser) running win7, it's hooked up the same way and it prints just fine. Here's the tricky part, I can get my hp laptop to print a test page from within the kodak program, but it won't print from within any other program. It acts like it spooled but then nothing come out. thanks

A:cannot print from network printer on win 7 laptop

When you send a print to the remote printer from within e.g. works, does it appear in the print queue of the printer but doesn't print or does it not show up at all ? Is everything wireless ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275494-cannot-print-network-printer-win-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

How can I print to a remote IPP enabled printer on the internet in Windows 7? This printer is outside my LAN.
I tried enabling it through the Add a Printer but it does not work.
First of all, is this even possible i.e connecting to a printer over the internet using IPP/IPPS with the IP address of the printer. Using something like https://printer's IP address/ipp

Secondly, if it is possible then how to do it?

Thanks
Pushkar.

A:How to print using a printer over the Internet outside my network

Internet Printing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324318-how-print-using-printer-over-internet-outside-my-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok so I have a Printer that needs to be able to print from my laptop ANYWHERE. Basically my printer is at my office, and I'm trying to print anything from my laptop even if I'm on the other side of the world.

I know this takes a lot of networking setup, as far as IP setup, and perhaps theirs maybe some softwares/programs that are able to do that? Having to communicate the PC and Printer as they are both on the network somehow.

So can anyone help me with this? Any guides? Tutorials?

A:Network Printer Setup (Print from ANYWHERE)

Try using Dropbox

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-printer-setup-print-from-anywhere-609064.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I get shared printer print! Cant network to have pc s One xp pro with epson printer connected via usb and the other wireless laptop connected over us robotics router File sharing is working perfectly and can access all the shared folders on both machines The printer is shared on the main pc and i can see it and connect to it from the laptop Cant get shared network printer to print! The problem is when i print from the laptop it spools Cant get shared network printer to print! it to the print que of the printer and says quot printing quot but then just sits there eventually on the laptop i get an error saying printer is Cant get shared network printer to print! not responding I have downloaded the latest epson drivers to the laptop and verified they are working by connecting the printer directly to it no problems there im at a loss now what i can try to get this working oh yes should also mention ive uninstalled all software firewalls on both machines to see if this made any difference which it didnt please help nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have a new home PC and ethernet-ready printer. (HP 6940)
I have my home PC connected via ethernet cable to my wireles router. (Linksys G)
I also have the printer connected to the router via Ethernet.
I can print OK from my home PC.

My wireless laptop has all the printer drivers installed, and has connectivity to the printer. (The laptop checked for and correctly identified the printer on the network during installation)

When I try and print, after a short timeout, I get a message stating that the print job did not complete, and one of the possible causes is loss of power, printer unplugged, or I'm on a Virtual Private Network (VPN)

I disabled the VPN on my laptop and it still doesn't work, I get the same message.
I checked the router settings, all seemed OK

Any suggestions for me?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello All for the last little while I been struggling to print from my Vista HP Laptop to my Printer on Network to to Printer Vista from How Print XP Brother MFC The printer is connect to my XP Desktop Service Pack and How to Print to Network Printer on XP from Vista is configured to be network shared I found this post to be helpful in almost overcoming my issues http forums techguy org windows-vista -print-vista-laptop-shared-printer html However it was missing one detail which I figured out and will now share with you In addition to the steps below from original post I needed to change the Port of the XP Printer from a Bidirectional Port to the standart LPT Port While having the printer on a Bidirectional Port the problem I faced was the Printer Spool Queue on my Desktop Computer would show my Vista Laptop Print job as simply a quot Remote Downlevel Document quot which had an Error Again the problem was solved by changing the Printer on the Desktop from a Bidirectional one to a the standard LPT Port Go to Printers Right Click to get Properties of your Printer Click on the Ports tab and check LPT Port If this post was helpful to you let me know Original Steps Recopied --how to print from a Vista Laptop to a Shared Printer on XP ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What this post is missing is that you need to ensure that the port on which the XP Verify that File and print sharing is turned on and properly configured on the XP machine Locate and notate the Win XP computer name i e quot Desktop quot Found in System Properties in the Computer Name tab Locate and notate the printer share name on the XP computer i e quot Printer quot Found under the Sharing tab on the Printer Properties page On the Vista machine launch the quot Add a Printer quot wizard Choose quot Add a local printer quot Select quot Create a new port quot radio button and choose quot Local Port quot from the drop down menu Press Next In the quot Enter Port Name quot box enter the following Desktop Printer where quot Desktop quot the computer name from step and quot Printer quot the printer share name from step Select the Printer driver from the list provided or use the quot Have Disk quot button to install the correct Vista driver if it is not in the built-in list It is critical that the driver you use is Vista compatible Press next Give the printer a distinct name and choose whether to set as the default Press Next Print a test page to verify functionality Press Finish nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-print-to-network-printer-on-xp-from-vista.1001912/
Relevancy 63.64%

I use my NEC Versa E6200 laptop at the office. We use a network printer, HP LaserJet 1010, to print documents. I don't know if it's because of my newly installed Norton 360, or the fact that another person on this forum asked me to uncheck some start-up programs, but now I can't print from my computer, even though the folder shows that the printer is selected. How do I get my computer to be able to print again?

Relevancy 63.64%

I've been looking for an answer to my problem all day and have yet to find any help.
I thought I'd figure this out before upgrading to Windows 10.
The issue: I am trying to print from my laptop computer, which is running 8.1 Pro, via wifi to a network printer.
The printer is connected by USB to my main computer which is running 7 Pro. All print and file sharing is turned on.
The printer is shown as being connected on my laptop and I can access files, pictures, etc. on the network.
But it won't print anything. It appears it is printing but nothing happens.
Another computer, also running 7 Pro, can print just fine but it is a wired connection.
I know it's probably something simple but I'm stumped.
Any help would be appreciated!

A:Cannot print to shared printer network

Most likely the Print Server on the Windows 7 computer is screwed up. You would be better to get a Print Server that is compatible for your printer, to place it on the network, vs using another computer as sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69529-cannot-print-shared-printer-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Both computers are XP. Computer 2 used to be able to print through network. After installing McAfee, he uninstalled the printer by mistake. Since then, we have uninstalled McAfee and gone back to free AVG . Now we can't get it connected to the network printer. When we go into printers, there is no printer installed, and we can't find it when we try to find a network printer/browse. All that shows up is to chose from is Microsoft Windows Network. No printer. Then when we type the name of the server computer and the name of the server printer, it says no again. Can anyone help us.

A:Computer can't print through network printer

Check the system with the printer installed and see if it's still shared properly. Does the printer show up in Network Places for the computer that it's connected to? That will indicate whether it's shared or not.

Can you ping by computer name both ways between the computers? Did you use the McAfee Removal Tool to totally remove any traces of it?
Let's see this for each of the computers.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cant-print-through-network-printer.961058/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Gateway tower running Windows 7 Home Premium with an Epson printer direct connected via USB. I also run an HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have a Netgear RangeMax router. Sharing is activated for printers on the Gateway. The HP can access the internet. The HP can see the Gateway. But the printer is not there. When I try to add a printer on the HP it finds none.

That's the major problem, I would love to be able to print from the laptop.

The second issue is watching a video on the HP is painful, constantly pausing as it buffers the video. I purposely bought the Netgear so we wouldn't have that issue and there are only the two computers on it.

Thanks for any help, particularly with the printing issue.

bob

Relevancy 63.64%

My wife has a work laptop that she uses to connect to the internet and she can only do this through her work VPN.

I have a windows 7 desktop and can connect fine to a wireless HP 6500A Plus wireless printer on the same home network that my computer is connected to. So my computer prints wirelessly just fine.

She needs to print onto this same printer. We just spent 2 hours on the phone with a tech support guy from her work and we can't get it.

I'm computer savvy but not familiar with VPN's at all. How do we get her laptop, connected through VPN, to connect to the printer on my home wireless network.

Also, she accesses the VPN through my home network.

Relevancy 63.64%

In my office is print server PN with LPT ports And there are connected printers - as I sed HP LaserJet series and HP color LaserJet printer such do LaserJet print HP Network not Printer a big box I have installed PSAdmin P PrintServ A and installed printer software and drivers But it does not print enything I got this error http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print Printeris error Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print jpg My PSAdmin is configured so http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg http foto inbox lv janisupenieks Printeris g jpg There is one strange Network Printer HP LaserJet do not print thing There is one copmuter with Windows se and it print everything I am disapointed because settings are identical In my computer is WinXP sp I would be glad if you can help me Some timo ago all works perfectly bet on priday all stops working Such a pity nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-hp-laserjet-do-not-print.369204/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a problem printing from Word on a Vista laptop to a network printer (Brother MFC-215c) that is connected to a XP machine. Bold text in large font is garbled, it comes out as squares instead of letters. I have the feeling that the problem has something to do with the printer drivers that is automatically installed from the XP machine. But I cannot find a way to install Vista drivers on the Vista machine.

Does anybody know what to do?

The Vista machine is a ThinkPad T61 running Vista Business, the XP machine is a Dell machine running XP Service Pack 2.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have been Unable within to print network having trouble printing from my laptop computer and desktop computer I have installed and reinstalled the print drivers on both computers Although odd after removing the printer from printers and devices it always reappears and has an exclamation mark on it I have reset the home network router the print server and restarted multifunction printer devices several times On occasion after resetting the network Unable to print within network the printer will print something that was backlogged in my print que many sessions ago To get a better picture of my current network it s current set up is as follows My home wireless router is a Dlink- DIR - I have the laptop and desktop connected to the wireless router via ethernet cable The print server is a Dlink dpr- connected to the printer via usb The print server is connected to the wireless router via ethernet cable The desktop is running Unable to print within network windows vista and the laptop is running windows I am able to successfully login to the print server through my network at its IP address From there I run the print wizard and successfully download and install the print drivers I click yes to confirm print test page Soon thereafter a message pops up saying quot This program may Unable to print within network not have installed correctly quot I am beginning to lose patience as this has been an ongoing problem for a few months now I do not know where to begin or what to replace It seems as though when I attempt to install or reconfigure a computer from the network the printer and associated devices begin having issues So once again I am running laptop windows with service pack -bit windows vista desktop DIR- DPR- and Brother MFC- Everything is connected via ethernet I am running avg antivirus software and comodo firewall on both computers Any help or input would greatly be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I just got two new computers - the desktop is running Windows bit I installed the printer HP Color LaserJet CM nfi MFP just fine - of course it s direct connect It had previously been connected through my router as well and Windows 7 vs. 64 won't Netbook Network - print bit 32 from Printer was shared just fine My netbook is running Windows bit I installed the software and I think the drivers and ran the setup The computer found the printer no problem had the correct IP the computer shows it s ready and online But no printing It just sits in the task tray forever until I cancel it The desktop printer properties say it s set up for sharing - i e box is checked - but also says users need a password I never set up a password obviously my netbook is online via secure password Also says the printer won t work if the desktop is asleep Really That s weird What did I do wrong Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-wont-print-from-netbook-windows-7-32-vs-64-bit.915910/
Relevancy 62.78%

I just bought a new desktop pc. The desktop is wirelessly connected to the network. My wireless laptop sees the HP printer connected to my pc, but when I attempt to print it doesn't work. Have gone through wizard and usual XP printer sharing steps. Suggestions?

A:Can't Print on Network Printer After Buying New Desktop PV

Any error messages along with "it doesn't work"?

Have you eliminated firewalls as a possible issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-on-network-printer-after-buying-new-desktop-pv.537174/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All

I am having problems printing from a wireless laptop.

I have a desktop PC which is connected to an HP Photosmart 1000 printer and is running Window XP SP2

My desktop has a USB Wireless dongle to enable connection to my wifes wireless laptop also running Windows XP SP2.

I have set up the file and printer sharing and can access the folders I have permitted access to.

I have enabled the printer sharing.

On the laptop I can add the printer via the network printer option and the laptop can see the desktop printer.

The only problem is when I try to print the printer fails to print anything.

I am able to print from the desktop but that is all.

Has anyone else had this problem?? or can anyone help sole this issue

Many Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

My network - gateway 835gm desktop with epson stylus color. Trying to print items FROM my laptop, hp pavilion dv7-1135, to my network printer. I plug usb from printer directly to laptop and it prints. ditto from my desktop -BUT- will not print from lap top direct to network printer. Been working on this for 3 days. please help. tnx.
bill

Relevancy 62.78%

This is a 3-computer network using windows xp home
everything was fine until today when I wanted to print from the Toshiba laptop to the network printer, which is wireless through a router, & has been going great for a over a year. All of a sudden, today, it does not hook up to print and this error message is displayed:

Print Server
Error initializing output device

I have never seen that and have no clue what it is talking about, (thank you Bill Gates).
If you look in the printers, the correct printer says ready and there are no documents in the queue.

The printer works fine and the other computers can print to it.

Rebooting the computer and rebooting the router don't help.

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer. Estatelawyer

A:Help: can't print to network printer from wireless laptop

My guess would be corrupt printer driver. I would download the printer drivers, remove the printer and when you re-install it, point to the new downloaded drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-print-to-network-printer-from-wireless-laptop.685484/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I m hoping someone can help me out here I have an XP Home box which prints exclusively to a network printer Xerox The port isn t an IP but rather server printer Here s the problem When I go to print anything pdf doc notepad etc it takes a very long time for spooler Network Printer print and service the printer properties dialog box to appear and then the same amount of time to finally Network Printer and print spooler service print Network Printer and print spooler service Note also that viewing the printer properties box directly takes the same amount of time which is very slow -- a few minutes Now here s the catch If I stop start the printer spooler service and then try print or call up the properties dialog box it is all back to normal -- opening and printing in a reasonable amount of time HOWEVER this only lasts a few minutes until it is back to being completely slow again The only resolution is to stop start the print spooler service to get it working for a few minutes More info there are no other printers attached but if I make the default printer the windows office document image writer the properties box shows up immediately Note however I have LogMeIn which has a printer driver but killing the processes services of logmein didn t help I ve shutdown all unneeded programs and services using process explorer to rule out an interfering program or service --- still the same slow result Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks Bradly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-and-print-spooler-service.588796/
Relevancy 62.78%

I installed a new PC running windows 7 on an existing network with a shared pinter on one of the XP computers on the network. I'm able to add the network printer and print the test page and can also print from notepad. However attempts to print from Word or Excel (2007) or a page on the internet all cause the program to "not responding". The print windows comes up with the printer selected as the default printer but hangs when I select print. I connected another Windows 7 PC and got the same results - test page and notepad print OK but not Word or Excel. Note, I installed the new Dell print driver for W7 and also tried the old XP driver - same results. Printer is a Dell MFP-3115cn. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Solved: Windows 7 can't print to network printer

Additional testing: I connected the Dell 3115cn printer directly to the Windows 7 PC and it worked fine. I then shared the printer on the network and the other W7 PC was able to print to it with no problems - using my W7 PC as the print server. When I reconnected the printer to the XP PC, printing from both W7 PCs again failed. Interesting note: I connected another printer to the XP PC (a Ricoh printer) and both W7 PCs could print to it with no problems but still could not print to the Dell printer.
Dell thinks it's a problem with 64 bit W7 PC going through a 32 bit XP PC to the printer:

(Agent (OKCp_Matthew_193761): "Charles, I looked that exact error up on Google and everything that I read states: The process that handles converting the graphic functions in the driver from the 32 bit application to the 64bit driver and 64bit spooler is terminating. This process is s plwow64.exe. Most likely the driver is corrupting the memory of this application. When you print and Word crashes like that is because the applications memory has crashed. A few things to try is first to verify that you are using 64-bit office software for the Windows 7 machine. Second is to directly connect the printer to the Windows 7 PC and test it that way. There is some sort of conflict between 32-bit and 64-bit that is occurring on your network those steps will help narrow it down. )

Since I can print to the Ricoh printer using the same path through the XP PC, I would think the problem is in the Dell W7 printer driver. Any thoughts or different conclusion from the testing? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-cant-print-to-network-printer.887093/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've installed MS's printdir.bat file but it's not working properly. When I select Print Directory Listing from the context menu in Windows Explorer, I can see a background flash that indicates the file is executing, but nothing gets to the printer. When I execute PrintDir.bat from the command line, the C:\Windows directory tree prints from the default network printer. I think my problem relates to the presence of the network printer that isn't called out properly in the batch file. (I have 2 network printers). Appreciate any help. Thanks,

Gene

A:Print directory listing to network printer.

Hello Gene, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, see if using OPTION ONE in the tutorial below may work better for you. It prints to your default printer by default.

Context Menu - Add View and Print File Directory

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/329357-print-directory-listing-network-printer.html
Relevancy 62.78%

OS - Windows 7 Profession x64
Client PC attached to a Domain
Printer: HP CM1312nfi
Printer Port:  Networked Printer
Printer Driver obtained from HP website (Full software)
Problem Description:
When printing a large image say 30MB .jpg to the printer, it's queuing up kilo bytes at a time
vs. mega bytes at a time.  So printing takes 15-20 minutes.
Same file on Vista machine takes 1 to 2 minutes to print.
Tried to stop/start the print spooler - no luck
Have latest patches for Win 7
Tried with both user with "User" Privileges and user with "Administrator" privileges.
User Access Control is OFF
Any Ideas?
Thanks.
PS.  Reinstalled the driver twice already.

A:Print Spooling very very slow to a network printer

Hi,

If the printer driver you installed is not the latest version, I would like to suggest you reinstall the latest version of the driver and the firmware
from
HP website.

Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these products' performance or reliability.

After that, I also would like to suggest you perform the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service
=================================
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
3. Click Stop and click OK.
4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li
TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum
If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c14d927c-ee23-4e05-8a03-16a9464e2a0e/print-spooling-very-very-slow-to-a-network-printer?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a windows vista desktop and a windows vista laptop on my home network I am trying printer via laptop print from network Solved: Cannot to print from my network printer via my laptop To make a long story short I am unable to print from the laptop I have posted this Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop question on numerous forums and I searched Google for hours but no one gave me nor did I come across a solid answer Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop Everything I came across talked about File sharing setup The File sharing is setup correctly according to Microsoft The printer driver is installed on the laptop but I am having problems communicating with the printer When I try to print a test page from the laptop the printer setup shows the printer is printing the page but the printer goes offline and the printer mode on the laptop changes to error Also the printer is connected to the desktop via a USB port and prints correctly for the desktop My question to the forum is how can the laptop print to the printer Which port should I Solved: Cannot print from network printer via laptop use for the laptop I have tried the numerous suggestions of creating a new port and add the name of the computer desktop and the name of the printer but this does not work I hope I have explained myself well enough for someone to offer some advice Thanks bdthomas nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

i have a network of 7 computers, all running windows XP. one of the computer has lexmark printer installed on it. i went to control panel, printers and faxes to share the printer so that printing can be down from the other computers.

my problems is, all the other computers can't access this printer and all other shared folders on this computer(the one with the printer as well).

can anyone please help me solve this problem. i would be more than greateful. thank u

A:Solved: can't print from a shared network printer

XP-Home or XP-Pro? Note that XP-Home has a limitation of 5 connections from other networked computers.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-from-a-shared-network-printer.861567/
Relevancy 62.78%

Just joined this site minutes ago so forgive me if I m asking the same print vs printer? network ready server question that has been raised a gazillion times before I ve looked at a relevant thread but it didn t quite answer my question Here s my situation for anyone who might offer advice We have two laptops with wireless cards a pc with a wireless compact USB adaptor an old but working HP Photosmart printer USB cable and a Linksys wireless-G router with Speedbooster connection to the internet for the whole shabang I want to buy a four-in-one printer looking at the cheap option of a refurbished Brother CN flatbed print server vs network ready printer? mostly to have scanner and fax capabilities and would love to be able to put it wherever and have all the various computers print from that machine without cables and the hassle of toting machines here and there That particular four-in-one is quot network ready quot - but I m realizing that I m not entirely clear what that means Is the quot network ready quot printer ready to do what I need it to do print server vs network ready printer? - can I somehow - via software get it configured on my network so that it will respond to each of the computers OR do I also need to buy a print server and if so what kind And if so wired or wireless and what does it matter And which models support the best security WPA Thanks for considering this nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a small family network Win and machines Have Samsung printer Problem in network installing connected computer to other printer ML connected by USB to desktop in network All existing computers can see and print to this printer without problem Bought new Win laptop Downloaded Samsung universal printer driver latest release which covers Win Installed driver plugged printer into laptop via USB and everything worked fine Physically I want to have printer on Desktop and moved printer back Trying to get Win laptop to install Samsung printer from across network Tried to install printer with control panel Devices and printers Add a Printer Program immediately sees the printer When I click next to install get long wait then error message quot Operation error x bcb Specified printer driver was not found on the system and needs to be downloaded quot Tried to install with Setting Devices add a printer App finds printer immediately I click to add it and it waits long time quot Connecting quot and comes back with but fails to install quot There's more to do before you can add this printer you need to install a driver quot BUT - Driver is installed on the laptop from when printer was physically connected - win doesn't know to look How to I tell Win where to look for a driver and at what part of the install process Thansk dbish

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67280-problem-installing-printer-connected-other-computer-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello and thanks for your input nbsp The following find cannot WiFi ... laptop connected network but is Printer to are currently connected to my Huawei router nbsp desktop - via ethernetprinter HP Photosmart Plus B a-m Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... - via wireless LANlaptop HP EliteBook p - via wireless Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... LAN internet working fine nbsp I recently upgraded both the desktop amp laptop to Windows bit from Win I have no problems printing from the desktop however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... unable to detect the printer on my network even when I supply the correct IP address Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop nbsp Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this nbsp Thanks again nbsp I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed It is also on my wireless LAN and to repeat I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m c nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-is-connected-to-WiFi-network-but-laptop-cannot-find/td-p/5593125
Relevancy 62.35%

Well here recently I ve upgraded from Windows Xp bit to Windows Vista bit and now I m unable to access the internet via my schools wireless network I am however connected to Wrieless but get unable Internet Network able to connect to the schools router and I can see others who are connected I ve tried both Internet explorer and Mozilla Wrieless Network connected but unable to get Internet Firefox Both act as though they are loading then I believe the connection times out At the moment everything is fine when testing my connection with exception of the ping test Also I have zero problems connecting to my wireless network and my friends wireless network Should also be noted that my school does normally require you to quot sign in quot before you can browse the web What I mean Wrieless Network connected but unable to get Internet by that is generally you are redirected to their website and forced to sign in before you can access the internet Currently I am not being redirected from what I can tell Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users - gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ---PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ccccd edu Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ccccd edu Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E -AE-F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe aa a bc c f bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday April AM Lease Expires Wednesday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ccccd edu Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here is my WiFi Manual Diagnostic information Hardware Test - Result Passed Summary Wireless Hardware is enabled Hardware Test - Additional Info Adapter Name Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN MAC Address D E AE F E Version Hardware Test - Additional Info sz aFirmwareVersion sz aMicroCodeVersion sz bFirmwareVersion sz bMicroCodeVersion Hardware Test - Additional Info sz gFirmwareVersion sz gMicroCodeVersion E B szDriverVersion szEEPROMUpdateFirmwareVersion Driver Test - Result Passed Summary Driver is loaded NETw v Version Radio Test - Result Passed Summary Radio is ON Scan Test - Result Passed Summary There are Networks available to connect Scan Test - Additional Info Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid F E CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA A C CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA AC CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid C E A CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Device to Device Ad Hoc MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid anasonic Display UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypted False bStealth False btBssid AA AA CCXFeatures eBand g eOpMode Network Infrastructure MulticastEncryptionLevel sRssi - szSsid CougarLANd UnicastEncryptionLevel usChannelId Scan Test - List Entry AuthLevel Open bEncrypte... Read more

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey to connected network Solved: but to Unable Ping, guys I was wondering if anyone has ever run into an instance where you have a pc connected to a network correct IP sub gateway can access the internet and are unable to get a Ping response back from it I just explained over the phone to someone how to connect their computer to a network I help manage They are in another state so I can t exactly go over to the machine and look at it myself However they were able to follow instructions get connected to the Solved: Unable to Ping, but connected to network wireless network receive the right IP from the wireless DHCP access the internet access other servers on the network But when I try to ping or scan the network for the computer it does not show up This is important because there is a piece of remote management software running on the computer that I need to connect to and make further changes on I can see all of the other computers on the network but not this one I cannot remotely connect to the IP either Packets are sending and receiving from it fine It s a toshiba portege convertible laptop tablet using an intel pro wireless card to connect to the network Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I recently lost connection to the internet & I am unable to print to a network printer in my office on one of the workstations. I have tried microsoft troubleshooting but still no luck. Any suggestions?

A:Lost Internet connection & cannot print to network printer

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-cannot-print-to-network-printer.863209/
Relevancy 62.35%

Under XP, can't print more than one copy to shared Dell network printer.

A:Cant print multiple copies to shared network printer

Can you be a little more clear?
Like do you get an error, does it go into que but fail to print?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-print-multiple-copies-to-shared-network-printer-466510.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

my computer is running Windows 7 Professional.

I have added and installed a shared printer to this computer. The printer is connected to an other computer that is running Windows XP, and the printer is shared.

Everything seems ok. The installation completed without difficulties.
When I am trying to print a test-page, the document shows up in the printer queue for about 30 seconds, saying that the document is being sent to the printer, then it disappears.
Still after 10 minutes nothing has been printed. Nothing happens.

I was almost certain that the problem was the firewall, but I turned off the firewall on both computers and it still doesn't work.

Last year I tried this out with two computers both running XP, and it worked out perfectly.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

A:Can't print through local network to printer attached to XP computer.

Hi again,

I found a solution to the problem myself :-)

It turned out to be a double issue.
One of the problems WAS the firewall. I did in the beginning of my troubleshooting try to turn off the firewall, and it didn't work. But that was because there was an other problem as well. I didn't think it was a double problem at that point. So I assumed the firewall wasn't the problem.
I then realised there was only a one way connection between the computers, since the Win 7 pc could access to the XP computer, but the XP computer couldn't get access to the Win 7 computer. I figured out that it was the firewall that caused this issue. Now I could send printing jobs to the queue on the XP computer, but it disappeared from the queue after some seconds and the printer didn't print anything.
The windows troubleshooting on the Win 7 computer couldn't find any problems with the printer connection. Then I downloaded HP's own troubleshooting application from the internet, and it found that it was a driver issue.
Then I did some googling and found a patch for many HP printers for Win 7 x64 (Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 ... - HP Support Forum). After applying this patch everything works like a charm.

To summerize:
The firewall was one problem.
And the other problem was that the printer drivers from Windows Update didn't work on Windows 7 x64 (it shouldn't be a problem with the 32 bit version of windows 7).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227878-cant-print-through-local-network-printer-attached-xp-computer.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Curious if anyone has used something like a Virtual Print Server or something similar.
Where host computer has the Print to File device setup.
Other computers on a network would print to it and access the stored images from a network share folder.

Trying to find a way to cut out the required use of scanners where I work.

Edit: This is for Windows 7 systems.

A:Solved: Print to File as a Network Share Printer possible?

I didn't find a program in Windows to do what I need, but found guides on how to set this up on Linux.

Linux CUPS Server (Common Unix Printing System).
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/29935-cups-pdf-for-windows

And running a PHP webserver for merging PDFs.
http://www.johnboy.com/about-us/news/merge-multiple-pdf-files-with-php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-to-file-as-a-network-share-printer-possible.1139216/
Relevancy 62.35%

A client of mine recently bought a new printer; an HP P1102w laser. I have it setup to connect wirelessly over the LAN.

Following the instructions (Method #1) from Microsoft (at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314499) I was able to get a print job to appear in the printers spooler queue when we would attempt to print from a DOS based program they have running on their computer, but the printer wouldn't actually do anything. Test prints from Windows itself or other applications always worked, but these jobs simply show up in the queue, say they are printing in the status column, but then disappear about 2 minutes later with nothing having been printed at all.

I'm not sure what to do. It seems like I'm so close to getting this fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-print-to-a-network-printer-from-a-dos-program-partial-success.1034240/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys Until a week or so back Vista printed using HP-LaserJet-IIP driver to the NEC on a networked PC I have added nothing to the Vista PC and changed nothing but Vista now shows an error when printing I can use one of the other computers on the network and it prints fine I have Windows auto-updates off so nothing has been slipped in without my notice I turned off Zonealarm firewalls on Vista and the PC with the printer This is driving me nuts All help will be appreciated Here s what I have and all have tons of memory Acer Laptop Intel Core duo running Vista Home Premium win sata Intel Core duo running w k-pro sp with NEC printer on LPT win old Intel Atom running w k-pro sp Gigaset SE Router nstat does not exist on any of the computers I get the following on all C Users Admin gt nstat -n nstat is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users to print to printer Vista fails Solved: network Admin gt IPConfig for all three Vista Laptop Microsoft Windows Version IPv Address Preferred Win sata with NEC PRINTER on LPT Microsoft Windows Version IP Address win old will prnt fine to the NEC on win sata Microsoft Windows Version IP Address nbsp

A:Solved: Vista fails to print to network printer

Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhh !!

The router was the cause. During a power outage last week on the re-start it assigned different IP addresses to the PCs.
192.168.254.1 VistaLaptop
192.168.254.2 win2000sata
192.168.254.4 win2000old

The Vista Hosts file contained in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
192.168.254.1 VistaLaptop
192.168.254.3 win2000sata
192.168.254.4 win2000old

I have adjusted the Hosts file and hard-set the IP addresses in the router so this will not happen again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-fails-to-print-to-network-printer.825503/
Relevancy 62.35%

Have a brand new Epson Workforce printer- really nice all the bells and whistles and I got it cheap bucks At first it was great have the drivers installed on two computers and they both worked fine and prints came out fast and to print has (network) failed document Printer- Solved: clear Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) over my home network wirelessly Both computers have XP one being Home SP and the other being Media Solved: Printer- document has failed to print (network) Center SP Well all of a sudden my Home computer just stopped printing and the Media Center one works fine Every time I try to print a file on my Home computer no matter what file big or small it will always bring up the Epson print status window and say pages and the bar will not fill After a few moments I get a bubble from the task tray that says quot This document failed to print quot I bring up the event manager by clicking that bubble and it says quot Error-Printing quot under Status The trouble shooting options have not helped me one bit nor have Google searches yielded any relevant results I have updated all my drivers reinstalled them and updated them and everything checks out fine- the printer connects and is ready to print and scan- my printer has a bar connection and is connected to the correct network and everything yet it still will not print from this computer This is very infuriating as every printer I have ever owned has given me loads of trouble The College Humor video quot Your Printer is a Brat quot describes everything perfectly Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a home network with an XP system with a printer attached and shared. A Windows 7 laptop and my old XP laptop from work can print fine, but a new Windows 8 laptop won't print. Sharing from the XP system works as I can read files from the XP system on the new Win8 system. When I do an Add Printer on the Windows 8 laptop, I can see the network printer and install it and the driver so the printer shows up as installed on the Win8 system. The Print Test Page does not work nor printing from WordPad. I turned off the Firewall on the XP system in case that was the problem. I don't know what else to try.

A:Can add network printer, but Print Test Page does not work

Does the test page dissapear from the print queue as though it has been sent to the printer or does it just sit there waiting?

What port does it show under printer properties?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28473-can-add-network-printer-but-print-test-page-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am one of 3 laptops connected to a wireless printer (Brother MFC-9120CN all-in-one). The printer was working fine and now all of a sudden it wont print. The printer icon shows print error. My Laptop is an Asus N10J series with OS - Windows XP home.

My email & internet connection works fine, only printer has stopped printing.

Have checked Windows firewall and it's switched to Off, have set printer to 'share' mode in printer preferences & tried adding new printer on the add tab and still unable to print.

Prior to print problem occurring, I had several auto windows updates auto installing & had a problem with laptop keyboard keys printing numbers instead of letters, which I managed to fix.

Any suggestions on how to fix the printer would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-printer-wont-print-from-my-laptop.1014444/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have just installed Windows 7 32 bit on a computer with is hosting a HP Laserjet 1600 printer to which I would like to print to from my laptop running Windows 64 bit. I have added the network printer from the host machine but it won't print. Both systems File and Printer sharing is turned on in the advance sharing settings for both computers and I can share files OK. I have also allow Print permissions in the Security tab under the networked printer properties. However the spooled document print when I restart the Host computer??? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Network Printer won't print until Host Computer reboots

checking your power settings ... If you are running on desktop and that is where the printer is located. make sure your power settings say "High Performance"

That should stop the hard drive from shutting down...

also go to device manager and right click to properties -->> Power Management >> uncheck "allow the computer to torn off this device to save power..

reboot the computer and see if that works for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151994-network-printer-wont-print-until-host-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Asus netbook wont print on network printer. The doc is spooled on the Asus but not showing on the host PC. The Asus will print if the printer's USB cable is direct connected to the Asus.
The other laptop will print on the network printer. Its also XP. I checked the network and printer properties on this laptop against the Asus and they are the same (except computer name of course).
The host PC with the wireless router is also XP and prints OK.
The workgroup list on all 3 computers shows the 3 computers. The laptop and Asus both have good internet connections through the wireless network.
What little thing am I missing?

A:[SOLVED] XP netbook wont print on network printer

is the printer shared? If so, browse the network to the computer that has the printer attached from the netbook. Right click the Shared Printer and choose Connect. The Printer should now be listed as a printer under Printers and Faxes. Right click it and choose Print Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-netbook-wont-print-on-network-printer-561768.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have 2 network printers connected to my router, I'd like to be able to print to them remotely when I am away from home without having to keep a computer on 24/7 at home. I think this should be possible by configuring the ports on the router but I'm not sure exactly where to begin. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-way-to-print-remotely-away-from-home-to-my-network-printer-attached-to-r.1059950/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ahoy hoy,

I'm trying to get a printer connected to a PC via ethernet. The PC has two ethernet ports, one's connected to the network (a windows domain) and the other one's connected to a printer. I couldn't get the computer to connect to the printer at first, but then I noticed that both network connections had the same subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I changed the subnet mask of the network port connected to the printer to 255.255.0.0 (and also manually changed the printer details) and then the printer worked fine.
However, since doing that Windows takes ages to logon, Outlook cannot connect to the Exchange server and some internal website don't work. The normal Internet works fine. I can change the subnet mask back to 255.255.255.0 and these things start working again but the printer stops working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Printer connected via ethernet causing network problems

Are you using the same IP range on both network interfaces? Is the 2nd network card connected directly to the printer?
If so try a different range on the printer but don't use a gateway or DNS.
If the above doesn't help
go to run->cmd->type "ipconfig /all > ip.txt" -> enter
next type "route print > route.txt" -> enter
Do this when the printer is not working then tell us what you change to make it work. Attach the ip.txt and route.txt file in your next post.
I think this is a simple routing problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-printer-connected-via-ethernet-causing-network-problems-501006.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have 6 computers in a small office.
There are 3 DSL modems which feeds 2 computers each. These are also 4-port wireless routers.
The OS's are VISTA and XP.
I want them all to be able to print to one network printer but I'm not sure how to set it up

Ethernet Switch?

Im also not good at understanding the whole DHCP server and router configurations

please help.
Thank You7

Relevancy 61.92%

I have been using this wireless internet connection for a long time but the other day I went to go online it didn t work Ive tried lots of things but nothing seems to work I m able to acess the same wifi from my phone and it but browser, to to Unable network connected access Solved: works fine so i know its not the actual network its something on my side pics of xirrus Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network screenshot amp intel proset config attached here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tj Primary Dns Suffix Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Solved: Unable to access browser, but connected to network DNS Suffix Search List tampabay rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix tampabay rr com Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -D - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - F- B- D-BD- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello guys I have bought this asus-x ca-kx d laptop and installed unable but access Connected to internet to network wifi genuine windows in it Am able to connect to the wifi network in our hostel but unable to access internet There is that yellow triangle thing on the signal It keeps saying quot unidentified network no internet access I have tried so many solutions online but of no use Please help me guys Thanks in advance This is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users praneeth gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name praneeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- C- -DC-E - F- -C - A- Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - F- -C - A- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B EC B - A - D C-AA - BBB EE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DA C-F D - E -BFC -D C CF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A - - EEE- - E ED D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to wifi network but unable to access internet

Hello praneeth3456 . Welcome to the Forums, You say you are at a hostel. Did they give you a password to use to access the internet ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/337089-connected-wifi-network-but-unable-access-internet.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi we are experiencing this issue lately in our domain and it happens randomly to some of our users where they cannot unlock their computer We are sure the user account is not locked in AD and nor password is expired The user account was successfully used for log in when the computer first turned on but when trying to unlock their computer after locking it it says quot The username or password is incorrect quot nbsp It seems to only happens when the computer is connected to domain network When we unplug the LAN cable the computer can be unlocked normally using their account password But it will happen again when the computer is locked while connected to domain We to Unable to when unlock computer network connected domain the have to unplug the LAN cable again and this will keep happening constantly until we restart or force shutdown the computer nbsp Unable to unlock computer when connected to the domain network Even after restarting the computer things will only go normally for a few times until it then showing the same behavior again Our active directory is using windows R server and never had any of this issue Unable to unlock computer when connected to the domain network before Can anyone please help us Many thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/12dd1de6-1afb-4ee0-9bc4-13eb470ecd6a/unable-to-unlock-computer-when-connected-to-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so where do I begin I have a mini acer laptop I have never had any problems connecting to my internet access to connected to wireless but unable network still wireless networks before until I connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet returned from Jamaica we did use the hotels access anyhow ever since returning a few months ago I can not connect to my home wireless network we did change routers back in connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet Dec and did at that time have problems as well getting it to connect the router is a Linksys E I have tried over and over again to troubleshoot all problems and areas it tells me I m connected but I still can t load any web pages when I checked further I saw that the IP address was different than the ones on my other laptops so I changed those settings by adding the new IP address I have even taken my laptop to other wireless networks away from my home and I have no problems connecting to any of those what could possibly be wrong Could there be a problem because of the other laptops that are also connecting to the same wireless network I noticed on the other laptop that the physical address as well as the IP address are different than the ones I have on mine those computers run Windows I have XP on my acer mini I have researched so much trouble shooting I don t know where else to try the problem is here in the home network system with the old IP address it would give me an error message of limited or no connectivity now that I changed the IP address it says connected but I still can not access the internet the other laptop and my ipad both connect without problems is it because of Windows XP like I said the other one is Windows and my ipad PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet

Set the wireless to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-still-unable-to-access-internet.1003838/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi - My net book used to connect me to the internet automatically on my home wireless network. Suddenly it has decided not to. I have successfully input the WEP/WAP key and the netbook says it is connected, but when I try to open Internet explorer, it says- oops! Looks like your internet is down. I have not had any problems on my main PC?

What has happened and how do I fix it?http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks in anticipation

A:Connected to wireless network, but unable to access internet

What's the exact make and model of the wireless router, and what version of Windows are you running?
Let's see this from the machine.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-access-internet.952457/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

I have an issue with one of our printers.

We have two Canon LBP7200 printers on a network.

One printer has just stopped printing completely. The print jobs are not even queueing. When I attempt to print, it says printing, everything looks fine, but the print job just vanishes.

I tried re-installing the printer, re-installing driver and it still doesn't print!!

The printer status says 'ready' and all settings are as per normal so i can't figure out what on earth the issue is!!

The only unusual thing that i have noticed is that when i log onto the printer by typing the IP address in my browser, everything is in Japanese! My other printer is in English - Usually both printers are in English. So not sure if this is something to do with the issue?

I have run command and pinged the printer with a 100% response.

Hopefully someone can help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-lbp7200cdn-printer-on-network-print-jobs-disappearing.1144952/
Relevancy 61.49%

Konica Minolta Di1610fp PCL6 as a network printer can't print completely with windows vista, but it si ok with the other OS. How I can do that? thanks.

A:Konica PCL6 as a network printer can't print completely with windows

You have to kind of trick it into thinking you have XP, go into the properties of your printer, and uncheck auto detect OS. Reboot, and it should work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/konica-pcl6-as-a-network-printer-cant-print-completely-with-windows-153075.html