Windows Support Forum

Lost monitor ID in setup

Q: Lost monitor ID in setup

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost monitor ID in setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been running a multi-monitor setup for a while now with an ASUS VG QE Hz monitor as my main and one or more spare monitors as secondary displays I've set the ASUS monitor to Hz without issue in the past while the other monitors at 60Hz Dual setup 144Hz locks monitor monitor stay at Hz The other night Windows wanted to update I figured it was the usual patch session so I let it do its thing However after restarting my computer I noticed that my ASUS Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz monitor would only operate at Hz if it was the only monitor plugged Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz into the system When I try to set it higher in the Nvidia control panel it just reverts back to Hz after applying changes I updated my graphics drivers though I was only one version behind and even sought a special ASUS driver for the monitor to resolve the issue but nothing has helped Did Windows recently add a forced refresh rate sync between all monitors recently If so that really sucks because I only own one Hz monitor

A:Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

Are you sure the other monitors are independent (dual or multiple mode) rather than cloning the main monitor? If they clone the main monitor, then this explains the 60Hz refresh rate, as all settings (resolution, color depth, refresh rate) should be common for all monitors and the others can only do 60Hz.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31124-dual-monitor-setup-locks-144hz-monitor-60hz.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a setup with 6 monitors. Today my main monitor broke and I couldn't find a way to shut the PC down since I couldn't access the main desktop to get to the Start menu.

Is there a way to change which monitor is the main monitor without having access to the current main monitor?

A:How do I access my main monitor if broken in a multi-monitor setup?

Unplug that monitor and reboot? (power button)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97966-how-do-i-access-my-main-monitor-if-broken-multi-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This one has me stumped hoping someone can lend a hand The rig in question is up to date in my system specs I currently run a triple monitor setup all the monitors were purchased at the same time and are the following model Asus VS H-P -Inch LED Monitor The three monitors are all connected to XFX DD Radeon HD X Cross-fired with an identical OEM Model setup. triple Color anomoly of monitor single monitor on GPU All three are connected to a single card which was tested out of cross-fire beforehand and each card Color anomoly on single monitor of triple monitor setup. was tested separately The monitors Color anomoly on single monitor of triple monitor setup. are arranged as shown below -DVI -Display port to DVI active adapter -DVI With monitor one being the far left monitor two the center display and monitor three the far right display The best way to describe the issue There seems to be a single blue pixel on display that stays in the same place but this pixel does not show up when the color displayed is solid white solid black or solid red To rule out the usual suspects -All cables have been checked with new replacements on two different rigs -Both cards have been tested and work properly on two different rigs -The cards are NOT overclocked -The display that shows the pixel has been tested as well the pixel does not appear on my test rig -Disabling eyefinity does not resolve the issue -Removing the second card does not resolve the issue My question What am I seeing A stuck pixel Artifacting Could the active adapter be causing the issue If it turns out to be a stuck pixel can it be fixed Or is this a dead pixel that will require an RMA Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Color anomoly on single monitor of triple monitor setup.

Sounded like a stuck pixel until you mentioned it doesn't show itself in solid black. It's possible it still could be though, have you tried any of the remedies?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/227355-color-anomoly-single-monitor-triple-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I basically need conformation that I'll need to buy a new monitor in order to have a dual monitor set up Dual 2nd detecting Radeon HD setup Monitor monitor 6670 not with my current system I'm not super tech savvy so if you need any other info please let me know I have a Radeon HD with ports an HMID VGA which is my monitors type and DVI Each port has a stamp next to it that indicates what port type it is supports the VGA has a CRI stamp next to it Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor though My main VGA monitor works fine with the VGA CRI port but my second I have to use a VGA to DVI adapter and it's not working I've gone through a lot of forums and found some conflicting information So I really want to know is it possible Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor to use a converter adapter or will I need to just go out and buy a new monitor that has a DVI hook up I hope I don't need a new monitor I'm on a very tight budget la sigh

A:Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor

I would try one of these before giving up on the monitor:

Rosewill 10ft. DVI-A (24+5) Male to HD15 VGA Male Analog Video Cable w/ Ferrites Cores, Model RCW-900 - Newegg.com

Forget adapters, you might not a have a compatible one, the DVI connector has many variants.

Look at that cable end and make sure it would fit on your video card's female DVI connector (it should), it's DVI-A (analog only) to VGA which is analog only....

More info:

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_cables.html

http://www.cableorganizer.com/articl...or-pinout.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295933-radeon-hd-6670-dual-monitor-setup-not-detecting-2nd-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there What I want to do quot extend my desktop on a second monitor but my second monitor is compounded by HDMI TVs monitor a setup up video and Set card primary monitor in multiple and a VGA LCD stage monitor both used as Duplicate setup in Windows quot How I have done this and it works -I have diplay devices HDMI TVs that are connected using a splitter and two monitors Set up primary monitor in a multiple monitor and video card setup both on VGA -I also have two quot video cards quot GPU one Amd radeon hd with VGA DVI and HDMI ports and Intel HD onboard aprox GB with VGA output port -I have connected the TVs with a HDMI x splitter on amd radeon's HDMI port and one of my VGA monitors this one acts as a STAGE MONITOR for the singer artist lyrics -The integrated Intel HD card has my quot Control quot monitor attached that I use as my primary monitor the one that shows me the Desktop and the lyrics control application Software aspect of the problem In Windows I use my Intel HD video card as my primary display then I can extend on a second monitor the desktop The second monitor is my VGA Stage monitor The Third display that appears in the setup is the HDMI splitter this one is a Duplicate of my stage monitor I use x resolution for my primary display and x for the second monitor I know this resolution is too small for my HDMI TV's Windows recommends me a x fullHD resolution but my STAGE MONITOR does not support that much so I need to use a small resolution PROBLEM EVERY TIME I DO THIS SETTINGS EVERYTHING WORKS SUPERBLY FINE AFTER RESTART OR SHUTDOWN THE PRIMARY MONITOR SWAPS WITH THE EXTENDED AND THE DESKTOP IS SHOWN ON THE TVs AND THE STAGE MONITOR AND THE RESOLUTION OF MY PRIMARY DISPLAY JUMPS TO FULLHD AND IT SAYS quot OUT OF RANGE quot WHY HOW CAN I MAKE MY SETTING PERMANENT NOTE My BIOS setting clearly say Primary video gt Onboard And yes the startup screen and the BIOS screen only shows on my Intel HD primary monitor After Windows Starts things swap each other If I don't connect any display on my AMD Radeon PCI-Express card the screen stays on my primary monitor At some point I have observed that if the display devices are started in a sequence first the primary second the splitter and the stage monitor the settings keep on But after numerous attemps this solution became inefficient because every time I start stop the HDMI splitter array the resolution changes and the displays swap each other Is there any registry tweack that can solve this Software problem Thank you for reading

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/391571-set-up-primary-monitor-multiple-monitor-video-card-setup.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having troubles getting my dual monitors back.
Initially had a GeForce 8400GS 512MB PCI video card and was using the on board video (Biostar G41 M7 MB) for dual VGA monitor setup.

I've installed a Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI-E video card with monitor one setup via DVI to VGA adapter on output one and 2nd monitor on VGA onboard video.
I cannot get the second monitor to detect in any configuration. Tried looking in BIOS of MB, using 2nd DVI (w/ vga adapter) on Radeon card.

Am at a loss and I hope I have provided enough information for some assistance.

Much appreciated

Weeg

A:Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor

Quote: Originally Posted by Weeg

I am having troubles getting my dual monitors back.
Initially had a GeForce 8400GS 512MB PCI video card and was using the on board video (Biostar G41 M7 MB) for dual VGA monitor setup.

I've installed a Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI-E video card with monitor one setup via DVI to VGA adapter on output one and 2nd monitor on VGA onboard video.
I cannot get the second monitor to detect in any configuration. Tried looking in BIOS of MB, using 2nd DVI (w/ vga adapter) on Radeon card.

I don't understand why you are using a combination of DVI (to VGA) out of your HD6670 to one monitor, and also using the VGA out of your motherboard to the other monitor.

Am I interpreting what you've done correctly? You are using just the DVI output from your HD6670 through a DVI-to-VGA adapter and on to your first monitor, and also using the VGA output from the onboard graphics of the motherboard to feed the second monitor? If so, this is very wrong.

Your new HD6670 has TWO video outputs of its own: one is DVI, and the other is VGA. You should connect your second analog monitor to the VGA output of the HD6670, not to the onboard graphics VGA output.

Also, if you can disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS that's definitely what you should do when you install an external video card as you've done. At the very least you should give priority to the new PCIe video over PCI (which was your old GeForce card, and probably onboard graphics chip as well?), although "AUTO" might be just as acceptable. I'd still disable onboard graphics if I could.

You might have been using a combination of the old GeForce video card and onboard graphics before (did that GeForce card only have a single output?), but the new HD6670 has dual-output of its own, and that's how you should connect your two monitors... to the two outputs of the HD6670. I suspect that while your old dual-monitor setup was kind of a kluge of PCI-GeForce and PCI-onboard graphics and worked fine, the new setup involving the PCIe 2.1 HD6670 is a different beast entirely. Probably the onboard graphics output is being suppressed by the BIOS in light of the PCIe graphics card, but who knows.

Anyway the correct setup for you is to use the dual video outputs of your HD6670 to support your dual monitors. You should NOT be using onboard graphics at all, and if possible it should be disabled in the BIOS settings of your motherboard.

The ATI Catalyst drivers that manage your HD6670 are prepared to support your two monitors directly connected to the two video outputs on the HD6670 itself. The DVI->VGA adapter to one monitor, and VGA to the second monitor... this is a standard setup.

Have you installed or upgraded to the latest Catalyst drivers from the ATI/AMD support site? This is a good idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/211727-radeon-hd-6670-dual-monitor-setup-not-detecting-2nd-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68711-dual-monitor-setup-monitor-2-keeps-losing-color-calibration.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Have a large screen tv on wall connected with HDMI to computer. Have a Samsung monitor on my desktop. Cannot make the desktop my primary monitor no matter what I do. (although have had this working before). We had a break-in and monitor was stolen. So replaced with new but cannot make it primary.....always defaults to samsung tv on wall. I have tried all normal solutions.... unplugged all....began with desktop monitor....added tv, etc. Have spent way too many hours and am sure answer is simple. HELP PLEASE!

A:wrong primary monitor in dual monitor setup

Right click on your desktop, select Screen Resolution, then click on the screen you want to make primary. Select Multiple Displays, and it should be there!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139113-wrong-primary-monitor-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Need help and Res. Start Issues Monitor 2nd Help, Monitor Setup Dual with dual monitor setup First time trying to do it Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues Problems Second monitor does turn on but is only showing native resolution x but it has the ability to go up to x I want to to be able to set it to x Second monitor will Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues not boot up along with computer I shut down my PC the monitor is still plugged in and it doesn't wake up automatically Things I've tried - Updating drivers obviously Nvidia etc - Uninstalling default driver of second monitor in Device Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues Manager then rebooting computer then plugging out and replugging the monitor back in so it reinstalls because it doesn't boot up on its own - My Power Options is set to quot High Performance quot so that's not the reason why my nd monitor isn't booting up with my PC - I have tried plugging in the VGA cord of my second monitor into the mother board but it didn't come up General Information - The second monitor is an HP Compaq LE - The second monitor is plugged into my GPU via a VGA cord into an HDMI to VGA Pigtail Adapter company ATIVA into an HDMI port - The main monitor x is plugged into my GPU via a VGA cord into VGA to DVI-I Dual Link Adapter into a DVI-I port Picture of what I'm seeing I'm pretty sure I've got some of the terminology wrong I'm not a computer expert Any help is appreciated DXDIAG DxDiag txt

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/72938-dual-monitor-setup-help-2nd-monitor-res-start-issues.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So the title explains most of my problem, ive connected 3 monitors to my computer but it detects all 3 as one very large monitor, im not sure if this is a setting that i just cannot find and change or if it is within the detection, as is im using the nvidia control panel to set a custom resolution in order to make the monitors display what they should, but this leaves me with only the option of using them as if they were in span mode, i am not able to use them as three seperate monitors

my specs are as follows:
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
Amd FX-8150 at 3.6ghz
32768mb GSkill ram
Galaxy MDT GeForce GTX 580
3x LG Flatron e2241 monitors

if any more information is required i will be happy to provide it, thank you in advance.

A:Triple monitor setup detected as one large monitor

Were you expecting to run 3 different programs and have one on each screen? If so, what were you going to do about the keyboard? Were you wanting to view 3 different photographs at one time? Telling us why you connected 3 monitors would be a help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/triple-monitor-setup-detected-as-one-large-monitor-656855.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a dual monitor setup, where the laptop is hooked to a 2nd monitor (TV) thru an HDMI . I primarily use the 2nd monitor. Can I blank screen the 1st (laptop screen) monitor, yet continue to use the 2nd monitor with the lid open for access to the keyboard?(I noticed with changed settings in Win7 control panel, I can close the lid without cutting off [sleep, hibernate or shut-off] the computer and had to reduce the 2nd monitor display to fit the visible screen. But to use the keyboard one has to open the laptop lid, which kicks in the 1st screen)Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/in-a-dual-monitor-setup-can-the-secondary-monitor-display-be/td-p/5769960
Relevancy 50.31%

I have the 2nd setup through a vga to hdmi cable but it just sits there black with "check signal cable."

2nd monitor is an lg2241

Tried:

- multiple re-boots
- downloaded a driver from LG but don't see that it did any kind of install. Double clicking it's zip file opened it and clicking on the three files did nothing but open gibberish code.
- at screen resolution I see multiple displays and I have it set on extended.
- Clicked detect and identify
- #2 says display device on vga
- tried unplugging and reconnecting the cable (hdmi to vga)

I'm lost. SOS!

lol!

Thx,
Dave

A:Dual monitor setup hdmi to vga on 2nd monitor shows nothing

Dave welcome to the Seven Forums.

That cable won't work unless the VGA port on the computer/laptop supports digital (highly unlikely), as VGA is an analogue signal and HDMI is digital. To get it to work you would need some kind of converter not an adapter, which that cable essentially is.

Assuming this is your monitor,

LG E2241V-BN: 22" Full HD LED LCD Monitor | LG USA

is says it has a VGA port on it. If it does then just use a plain old VGA cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370533-dual-monitor-setup-hdmi-vga-2nd-monitor-shows-nothing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

First of all hello And thanks for your time I am running a dual monitor setup with my TV hooked up via HDMI to my laptop Everything was working fine before I always had the laptop as my main display yet I could play a video or a game fullscreen on the TV Since a couple of days as soon as I put something in fullscreen it immediately goes on my laptop regardless if it's open on my TV or my laptop I don't remember changing installing anything that could've changed that I checked a bit in the AMD vision software and the Windows control pannel but I can't seem to solve my problem without switching my TV as the main display I also made a quick search on google as well as here but the problems were mainly with Flash which isn't in cause here Here are my system specs Toshiba Satellite L D Windows home premium -bit AMD Radeon Dual on monitor goes monitor - fullscreen wrong setup G Thanks Djoulz

A:Dual monitor setup - fullscreen goes on wrong monitor

My desktop has my LCD monitor through Display Port and my TV through DVI. What I do is have my multiple monitors set to "Extend these displays" and make the LCD the primary display. Ive included two pictures of what my settings look like, first is with the LCD(1) selected and the second is the TV(2).

I will say that sometimes the program you are using forces the fullscreen to go to the primary screen, I have had this trouble with Everquest a number of years ago. There was a program that you could run with the game that allowed you to put the game window into boxes, different screens and a bunch of other things.

I primarily use my TV for watching movies/tv, Media Player Classic does a great job of being able to open to fullscreen in either monitor, regardless of how the monitors are setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246650-dual-monitor-setup-fullscreen-goes-wrong-monitor.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have a PC which has a dual monitor setup. I have obtained a third backup screen. I was wondering if this screen could be a mirror screen for one of the monitors. I have students which come to my room all the time, so it is easier if I can hook the monitor near the desk rather than they stretch their heads or come over cramping the space there.

The monitor has to be mirrored as I can see what I'm doing on my side and they can see on their side.
Monitor (connection)
1st monitor: Dell S340L (HDMI)
2nd monitor: Dell E190S (VGA)
3rd Monitor: Acer x193W (this monitor will be the mirrored monitor) (DVI)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386524-dual-monitor-mirror-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have a PC which has a dual monitor setup. I have obtained a third backup screen. I was wondering if this screen could be a mirror screen for one of the monitors. I have students which come to my room all the time, so it is easier if I can hook the monitor near the desk rather than they stretch their heads or come over cramping the space there.

The monitor has to be mirrored as I can see what I'm doing on my side and they can see on their side.
Monitor (connection)
1st monitor: Dell S340L (HDMI)
2nd monitor: Dell E190S (VGA)
3rd Monitor: Acer x193W (this monitor will be the mirrored monitor) (DVI)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386524-dual-monitor-mirror-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hello I have a question and I have tried reading up on this but does not answer my question , right now I have a 24inch lcd/led tv/monitor 720p highest resolution I can get is 1360x768 but I do have a 23inch monitor that gets 1920x1440, so I cant decide what one will have the better screen to use, I mostly read, write , and sometimes what videos, and play games from facebook on it..

thanks for any help

A:whats better a monitor or tv/monitor setup

I would go with the 23" monitor to get the higher resolution unless you sometimes watch DVDs. DVDs can sometimes look better on a TV monitor as opposed to a computer monitor when the DVD is being played on a computer. Beyond that, I don't know if there are any benefits to using the TV monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292596-whats-better-monitor-tv-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm not sure where it should be It's a kind of crash Our computer has a dual-boot XP and W system XP is in a GB partition labeled 'D' Windows is in a GB partition labeled 'C' When booting the menu used to show two options 'Earlier version of setup its lost has boot W7 Windows' 'W ' We asked a friend to remove the XP option from the Boot Menu so that the computer went straight into Windows He installed a program called EasyBCD and tried to fix it with that I'm not sure what went wrong but he accidentally removed BOTH boot options He's just emailed me at work and says quot Now when I try to 'Add New Entry' I get the message quot The boot configuration data store could not be opened The volume for a file has W7 has lost its boot setup been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid quot He's apparently asked the EasyBCD people for help but they haven't responded Does anyone here have any suggestions about how he can fix this

A:W7 has lost its boot setup

Download SuperGrub and burn it to a cd, boot from CD and select one of the two options at the bottom of the list to boot into windows. Once in Windows right click my computer > properties > advanced system settings > click the settings button under start up and recovery. you can select what OS to boot (windows wise) and the menu timeout.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385961-w7-has-lost-its-boot-setup.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm not sure where it should be It's a kind of crash Our computer has a dual-boot XP and W system XP is in a GB partition labeled 'D' Windows is in a GB partition labeled 'C' When booting the menu used to show two options 'Earlier version of Windows' 'W ' We asked a friend to remove the XP option from the Boot Menu so that the computer went straight into Windows He installed a program called EasyBCD and tried to fix it with that I'm not sure what went wrong but he accidentally removed BOTH boot options He's just emailed lost W7 setup has its boot me at work and says quot Now when I try to 'Add New Entry' I get the W7 has lost its boot setup message quot The boot configuration data store could not be opened The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid W7 has lost its boot setup quot He's apparently asked the EasyBCD people for help but they haven't responded Does anyone here have any suggestions about how he can fix this

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385961-w7-has-lost-its-boot-setup.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have somehow lost the setup file for some software on my pc. It is something I legally downloaded at the company where I used to work, but I am no longer there. I wanted to reinstall Windows to fix some problems, but I will lose this program if I do, unless there is some way to take it off and put it back on after the Windows reinstall. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

--Chris

A:lost setup file...

do a repair install and it will leave everthing intact

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-setup-file-108579.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Had canon pixma mp990 hooked up wireless to a netgear wndr 3700 router for a year without any problems. Started getting print errors when trying to print, so deleted software and reinstalled. Now the mp990 software can not find printer on network and will not finalize installation and download drivers. Printer will find access point on netgear. I'm running window 7 64bit. I'm not very verse at playing with a router. Could really need some help if possible.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12278 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 943161 MB, Free - 863888 MB; F: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 899330 MB; G: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 304924 MB; H: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 422423 MB;
Motherboard: DELL Inc., 0X501H, A03, ..CN697020550975.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

A:lost wireless setup

Do you know if the printer is actually connected to and communicating with the router? If so then my top suspect would be Norton.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-setup.1010614/
Relevancy 46.44%

I lost my RAID setup using Win XP home and was wondering if there s a good way to either restore it or at least get back into it to retrieve some data I turned on the system last night and it wouldn t boot real quick I noticed the RAID status screen that precedes the boot process was missing not a good sign So I went into the BIOS and couldn t find setup lost 0 RAID Restoring the array name though I did see both individual SATA drives among the bootable options Restoring lost RAID 0 setup I popped in my Win XP CD and it seems to see the array reports a drive of about G which is my two identical WD G drives but says it s empty and only gives Restoring lost RAID 0 setup me an option to partition the whole thing before formatting also not a good sign Normally I d just wipe the array and reinstall the backup but I was right in the middle of a big project with a bunch of important data that didn Restoring lost RAID 0 setup t get backed up yet that backup was scheduled for last night I have an Asus MB with onboard SATA and use Intel RAID drivers if that makes a difference Crossing my fingers nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I downloaded and installed Win8 Pro several months ago (a year ago?) when it was priced at about $40. I used it for several months and was reasonably satisfied with it. But LogMeIn ws not compatible with Win8 at the time, so I uninstalled it and returned to Win7.

Since the time I uninstalled Win8, the external HD that the setup files were stored on crapped out and I lost everything on it. I do have the activation code. My question is whether or not I can re-acquire a genuine copy of Win8 without having to purchase another copy of Win8 Pro?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

A:Lost Win8 setup files

When downloading the upgrade you need to

Information

If you need to download 32bit Windows 8, download from a 32bit PC.
If you need to download 64bit Windows 8, download from a 64bit PC.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27533-lost-win8-setup-files.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a laptop on ebay. I can not get into BIOS because it asks for a setup admin password, which I do not know. It is a Dell Vostro 3700. The seller did not know the previous owner, therefore no idea what the password is.

Can anyone help me work around this?
Thanks,
Bill

A:Lost Setup admin password.

Power off and detach power from wall socket first!!
Pull out the CMOS battery from motherboard. Wait 10 minutes and put it back.
Attach power again and power on. Be sure to set time correct afterwards and adjust any BIOS settings you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287644-lost-setup-admin-password.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all This issue really bugs me every few months it'll happen one of my three screens times it's the Acer will display as a quot Generic "Generic Acer Non-PnP setup. Tri Monitor S240HL Monitor" Non-PnP Monitor quot with this it'll only display in usually same as the other screens This set up works perfectly most of the time and has done for the last few years but as I said it comes and goes I've done a lot of research online and the best "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. advice I can find is that when it happens if I unplug it all and let the capacitors drain in the monitor and GPU then when reconnecting everything it'll work fine I've done this before and it's not worked I've also done it and it's worked I've also had it in the past where "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. it's just reverted back to how it's supposed to be mid use My set up OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC CM CM CM "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. CM Display SONY TV x Hz Display Samsung S B x Hz Display Acer S HL x Hz lt --- Displaying as quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor x Hz quot GPU AMD Radeon HD Series I've got the latest drivers for all the hardware I've got the latest windows updates for everything I've tried older versions of the drivers for the GPU no difference with the issue I've been to the Acer website to download a driver specifically for the monitor but they haven't got one on there for this montior on this OS just for Windows Vista which Windows won't recognize as an install-able file Any help would be much appreciated this is driving me up the damn wall

A:"Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup.

You can try forcing the install of the vista 64 bit driver, you pick update driver then follow the yellow steps and if you get the bottom picture if its unsigned just pick install anyway.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369321-generic-non-pnp-monitor-acer-s240hl-tri-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I have recently lost my D-Link Router Setup Disk. I will provide you all the information.

D-Link

AirPlus G+
Wireless Router

DI-624+

Could you please tell me how I can obtain another setup disk?

I currently have 2 desktop pc's.

1 with Windows XP Professional

also

1 with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I will need the setup disks for both.

Many Thanks

GT06

A:I lost my D-Link Router Setup Disk ! ! :(

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Your router shouldnt need the setup disks for both Pc's.

Here is the page i got to, you did not tell us what version it was, click on this page and contiune to the driver http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=gNTyP9Cnp...osFS3vxSZF/A== and then download it.

If you need any help just ask.

Jay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-lost-my-d-link-router-setup-disk-177506.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I cannot find my setup cd for windows xp on my hewlett packard. I am writing this on a friend's computer. i neeed the setup cd because when i start up it says i am missing a needed file "system32" and "config" i think, but a copy of the setup cd would be awesome. I think its legal to ask for that isnt it? because it is not a full version of windows, just like a repai disk. any responses would help, thanks

A:I lost a setup cd for windows xp on a hewlett packard

Most HP computers with XP dont come with recovery cd's, you should have a back up partition, I had a similar problem to you, and connacted HP and they sent me a cd or dvd at no cost withing 24 hours. Give your local hp support a call. However I dont think you can do a OS repair from these disks you need a MS XP disc for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-lost-a-setup-cd-for-windows-xp-on-a-hewlett-packard.289238/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Request for problem that cannot enter my setup in my computer after my file corrupt when sudden put power off when loading on the file. I need help of how to repair the setting up again.

Thank you.

Mathew

A:Lost or corrupt one File cannot enter setup

Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-or-corrupt-one-file-cannot-enter-setup-361122.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Gurus I hope someone can help I was trying to get my desktop running xp pro to network with my Lost is After setup running wizard all network laptop and so I ran Network After running network setup wizard all is Lost setup wizard on the desktop and when After running network setup wizard all is Lost asked if I wanted to turn on or off file sharing I selected off recommended The hard drive ran for a few minuets before finishing and when finished Skype went off line with an error message My Desktop Calendar program said it can not get access to the files needed because access is denied Now almost nothing on my pc works It is like it has lost ownership of the application data Fire fox Thunderbird Word Skype will not start and I can not copy or change any thing in my applications data folder It says Access denied I have checked to see if I have admin privileges and to see if I have ownership All looks ok I did a System restore and that did not work Ran AVG Spybot and Malwarebytes All looks good It seems like any thing that needs application data will not work but Even after a re start my user profile looks ok Thank you for your time Calvin

A:After running network setup wizard all is Lost

A few things are necessary for a home network to work:

a. Run XP wizard on each, turn on file-sharing on each.

b. Files/drives/partitions which you want other system to have access to...must be elected as shared. I give access to everything (each drive/partition)...on one system...to the other corresponding system (I have two desktops).

c. Each system must belong to same workgroup. If both systems are XP, use Mshome as workgroup. If Win 7 is involved, then both must use Workgroup as the workgroup. You could use other names but those are the defaults for those O/Ses.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350061/after-running-network-setup-wizard-all-is-lost/
Relevancy 45.58%

Tried unsuccesfully to create my own network. Gave up and tried to undo my astute computer programming efforts. Before I made and then tried to undo the changes, I was able to send print orders to the printer which is connected to the desktop. I have a router and all other things work ok. .. however..not being able to print from the laptop is frustrating. Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop-printer connections lost in network setup

File and Print Sharing Tutorial (CNET)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-printer-connections-lost-in-network-setup.851086/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all....I am trying to fix my brother-n-laws laptop and I do not have the setup disc to reinstall windows xp home .

This is the message when you start the laptop:
"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vgaoem.fon"

It's a Dell Inspiron 8200

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Stacy

A:Help! Lost Setup disc\Windows\System\vgaoem.fon

You'll need the CD to recover the file. If the machine didn't come with one, you may need to restore the machine to factory condition using your recovery partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-setup-disc-windows-system-vgaoem-fon.703062/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am new to LCD monitors and find the text too small to read without squinting. I have a ViewSonic VP912b 19 inch that is great for on line gaming. Can anyone layout the procedure for enlarging the type in message windows and on-line text? In 'properties' I can enlarge the type but it makes things merge together and overlap, making it unreadable.
Using WinXP SP1 Pro OS.
All In Wonder 9800 Pro video card
AMD 64 bit cpu
MSI K8T Neo board
Please help an old blind gamer,
oltanner

A:New LCD monitor setup

Try pressing the CTRL key and scroll your mouse wheel backwards to make it bigger and forward to make it smaller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-lcd-monitor-setup.353260/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I am trying to set up a Gateway FPD1500 Flatscreen Monitor and when I set it all up and restart Windows (I am using Windows ME) with it plugged in and it won't display the screen (indicator light stays orangey yellow)! Can somebody tell me what hardware, drivers, or software I need to get the screen showing up? I would really like help on this.

A:Please help me with monitor setup!

You don't need drivers installed in order for the light to turn green on the monitor. If another monitor works with your computer, then there may be a problem with this flat panel. Make sure the cable connecting the monitor to the computer is connected tightly and that no pins on the cable are bent. If you have another computer to try it with, do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-with-monitor-setup.309179/
Relevancy 45.15%

I currently have my new system built W installed and I have my one monitor up and running I have another new monitor on it's way and a third one I have not hooked up yet My question is will I be able to use all Monitor 3 Setup monitors independently By that I mean I want one to be my main windows monitor with my desktop the second I will use for video playback and the third I will have a weather radar system displayed Will I be able to do this using Windows if so can everything be achieved with just Windows or will I need third party software Also all monitors need to have different resolutions can this be done Lastly I want to connect my main monitor via HDMI and the other two through the two DVI's will this then allow my main monitor to have it's sound through the 3 Monitor Setup monitor speakers and my other two through my sound system My mother board has no onboard video I have only one XFX Radeon HD GB video card with x DVI x HDMI and x Mini DisplayPort which I believe is some sort of VGA adaptable connector My main monitor ASUS VW H quot has x ASUS VH H quot has x and the Gateway FPD W quot has x Any other specs you might need are in my profile Thank You

A:3 Monitor Setup

Everything else you asked will work just fine.

This, however, won't:

Quote: Originally Posted by starbreaker

...I want to connect my main monitor via HDMI and the other two through the two DVI's...

For three monitors off of one card you MUST us a Display port connection for at least one of them. You can get an adapter to go DVI=>Display Port but it MUST be an Active adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/144488-3-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I have a question. Right now I have dual monitor setup with my GeForce 9600 GSO. I have a third monitor sitting beside the two and I'm wondering if there is a way to hook it up for three monitors.

Thank you in advance!

Dan

A:Three Monitor Setup Help

How to Set Up Three Monitors - Mahalo.com

Or fit a 3-head graphics card in place of your existing 2-head one:
Matrox TripleHead2Go: Three-way monitor action | Crave | CNET UK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/three-monitor-setup-help-546613.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have 2 19inch monitors hooked up to a gigabyte GTS250 PCI card, my question is if I want a third monitor to my setup can I use any graphics card in another PCI port to achieve this, would I have to buy an identical card, or SLI an identical card?

I'm assuming any card will do, just want to see if any one could offer advice.

Thanks in advance

A:3 monitor setup

Quote:
would I have to buy an identical card, or SLI an identical card?

Only if you really wanted too, or you want to go SLI. Other than that something like this,

Asus GeForce G210 SILENT 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out.. | Ebuyer.com

would be more than enough for an extra monitor or two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163717-3-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Upon plugging my Samsung SyncMaster 204B monitor into my HP laptop (with Vista) the power indicator light begins to flash as if it is on standby. Previous to plugging it into the laptop, the light is constant with a box floating around reading 'Check Signal Cable' with the appropriate 3 coloured boxes indicating the monitor is functioning properly.

I have re-installed the necessary drivers and fiddled around in the Display setting for quite awhile. The computer recognizes the monitor but does not display the mirrorred or extended desktops.

Can somebody PLEASE lend some helpful hints in order to fix this FRUSTRATING problem.

Relevancy 45.15%

I have 1 monitor setup already, the jetmax CDU or the FMS from the 737, its basically a little screen. and its connected with a VGA to my PC with my DVI-I connector.

today i received my DVI-D connector to connect my 3rd monitor LCD screen 12.1 but when i connect my 3rd monitor up nothing is turning on or getting recognised in DISPLAY, SCREEN RESOLUTION ?

am i missing something?

i'm using windows 7 and my GPU is a GTX780

A:3rd monitor setup GTX 780

Its that DVI - D port that seem not to be working as both my screens work on the DVI - I port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/372366-3rd-monitor-setup-gtx-780-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So I did a search and did not find my exact query in looking of about 5 pages of results, so apologies if I missed it.

I just bought two new Graphics cards

Geforce 570 for my main monitor (gaming etc) and a Geforce 210 just to run my two 19inch monitors on the side. Didn't need anything with any power, just enough to supply the resolution of two old 19inch monitors for every day crap (not gaming).

They are still in the mail, however will I need any third party software to manage the 3 monitors? Or based on the two card system will Windows and Nvidia control panel handle them?

Thanks

A:Three Monitor Setup

Windows and the Nvidia control panel are all you need to manage them. Now if you want to add a taskbar to each monitor that is another story. One of these days Windows might have native support for it but until then for that you will need a 3rd party app. If you want that a couple you can try are DisplayFusion or Ultramon,

DisplayFusion: Multi-Monitor Taskbar, Multi-Monitor Screen Savers, HotKeys, Multi-Monitor Wallpaper, Windows Logon Changer and more...

Realtime Soft UltraMon

Both have a trial version so you can try it, with DisplayFusion having a free version as well (severely limited compared to the paid version, and missing the taskbar on each monitor).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163621-three-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My new flat panel monitor comes with the option of attaching a vga,dvi or usb cable. what are the differences between the various cables and which is the preferred cable hookup? i do have 2.0 usb ports on my cpu.

A:monitor setup

DVI would be your best option with best resolution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-setup.424215/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 45.15%

I haven t had an easy time trying to set my Ativa Wireless G Router up with my verizon DSL Westell modem I followed the Ativa setup wizard the other day and could only get to step -Checking the Solved: Setup G Wireless Lost-Ativa disk Router Routers connections It would stop and say something about not being able to communicate with the router I think I thought it might have been because I have Solved: Lost-Ativa Wireless G Router Setup disk more than one network card in this computer Solved: Lost-Ativa Wireless G Router Setup disk Anyway it sort of worked regardless I was able to connect with my laptop and later type in the address for the router and set some of the security stuff up I was nervous about not knowing anything about the other settings so I looked on Verizon s site for networking tutorials I looked at the Linksys one and one of the steps was to get into the westell and change the PPPoe setting to Bridge I tried that but screwed something up and lost my internet completely I had to call up and reset my modem Now the internet is back on but they wouldn t give me any help with the wireless router In the mean time the Ativa setup cd got thrown out and I don t know what to do I guess long story short is is there any way someone can walk me through setting this up without the setup wizard Thanks for any advise you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My computer is infected. So I follows the instruction "Preparation Guide..." to setup Windows firewall (my computer has a little bit difference compare to your guide). After setup, now I can not connect to internet. Firefox says "The proxy server is refusing connections...". Internet Explorer says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Diagnose Connection Problem". So I tried Diagnose Connection Problem, it shows me "Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by firewall setting on this computer. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) AND ftp PORT (21).
After that, I went back to windows firewall setting again and I select "Restore Defaults" in Default Settings. My computer still can not connect to internet.
Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361247/lost-internet-connection-after-setup-windows-firewall-per-your-instruction/
Relevancy 45.15%

Trying to solve multiple problems in this thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/841480-cant-boot-all-run-recovery.html

I went into the BIOS and selected Load Setup Defaults before exiting.

I then lost my display - I just get 'NO SIGNAL' and the screen goes to standby.

On power up I get the power light, the spooky voice saying "system failed memory test", then the HDD light for a minute or so, then nothing.

There's no sign of the PC responding to the keyboard either - although the keyboard lights flash on power up, there are no clicks or HDD light activity when any key is pressed, and as I said there is no display.

Is all lost? Am I completely stuffed?

Blockbell

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all, I recently picked up a Compaq elite 8000 sff but soon realized that the power supply is not really upgradable, unless you do some serious rewiring. All I want to do is hook up a second monitor. The computer has 1 hdmi port and 1 vga port. The monitor has a vga and DVI-D port. I aready have one monitor attatched to the vga port. Are there any adaptors or workarounds for this? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Dual-Monitor-setup-help/td-p/5758081
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Everyone,

After long deliberation I went ahead and bought new PC. The purpose is run 4 monitors with two grahics card, however so far I've no luck. I udpated the drivers, searched on Google and searched here.

Here is my configuration:
Intel i7 ? 950
Gigabye X58A-UD3R
2 x Gigabyte HD 5570
Win 7 64 Bit

The two card are connected via bridge and under "Catalyst Contol Center" CrossFirex is enabled.

Right now only 2 monitor works and they both conneted to same graphics card. If I swap the cables then other 2 monitor works, which tell me that one card is not working at all. However both cards are detected under Device manager.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

A:4 Monitor Setup - Not Working - Help Plz

This might not help but your psu is a bit weak.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/113825-4-monitor-setup-not-working-help-plz.html
Relevancy 44.72%

1st-can one do this?
2nd-how do you set it up.
I want to hook up my old computer to my husband's computr's monitor so I can access info from it etc..
Thnx_karen

A:2 computers on same monitor-setup?

You can buy a monitor switch, works just like a printer switch. You have an input cable coming from the monitor to the switch, then two cables that go to each computer. Usually the switch will have keyboard hookups as well, so you can share one keyboard between the two, as things can get a bit crowded with 2 mice, 2 keyboards and 2 computers around one desk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-computers-on-same-monitor-setup.100101/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have a three monitor setup and play wow It's cool but I keep getting a error window that shuts the game down like every minutes when flying around sometimes not for a long time if I don't fly anywhere It says Not enough storage is available to process this command File MapMem cpp Line Requested bytes of memory I was triple setup monitor WoW and told this may be due to addons I only run healbot and recount I was also told it is filling up the cache and has nowhere to dump or something along those lines Is there anyway to alot more memory to the cache I would like to be able to WoW and triple monitor setup run wow with three monitors and on full settings but it doesn't look like that's going to happen System specs Intel I WoW and triple monitor setup gb ddr ram tb hd ati radeon HD gb WoW and triple monitor setup card windows It was suggested I turn off shadows so I'll start there Any help and or suggested much appreciated Edit This has been solved I made an entire new computer and got a different error all the time That was solved by forcing the game into direct d mode Who would have guessed that it doesn't automatically use directx Page has the new computers specs and some benchmarking information

A:WoW and triple monitor setup

Welcome
A thread on problems realated to games.
Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/286046-wow-triple-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi.

I want to use two monitors for two different scenarios:
1: Gaming on screen 1, connected through HDMI to my GPU, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, and browsing on screen 2, connected through VGA to my CPU/Motherboard
2: Working on both screen 1+2, while screen 1 is connected through HDMI to my GPU, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, and browsing on screen 2, connected through VGA to my CPU/Motherboard.

I've set my BIOS to enable IGPU, or whatever it's called, to supporth monitors when connected through both GPU and CPU, but can only get 1 of the monitors to work.

Please help

A:Dual monitor setup on GPU and CPU

You can`t do that, just use the GPU.

Why would you buy a 980 and not want to use it for all your monitors ???????????

Connect both monitors to the Asus

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384111-dual-monitor-setup-gpu-cpu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Latitude E5570 with a 2.6 GHz i5-6440-HQ and Intel Intergrated HD 530 graphics chipset. I run this off an E-Port Plus K09A base.

My question is, is this setup sufficient to run 2 4k monitors (via DisplayPort) for everyday tasks? Not heavy gaming or anything, just basic business functions with some possible streaming from a 4k camera (which is processed by the CPU not the GPU).

A:Multi-Monitor Setup

Hi remulous,
Thanks for posting.
I've checked the internal specifications for the E-Port Plus, and am unable to find an exact answer to your question.  Does your dock look like this?

We may have to wait to see if other users have tried what you're asking about and maybe they will post it here.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991539
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all, The last time i ever dual screened my pc was a long time ago and i wasn't happy with the outcome because i couldn't run a full screen app (like a game) and use the other screen at the same time (for some obvious reasons that fall under game mechanics etc..) But, is there a way NOW to do this? - without playing in windowed mode.

I think i posted this int he right place - apologizes if it isn't!

Cheers.

A:Dual Monitor Setup - Is there a way....

I know on my dual setup, youtube will stop playing if i click somewhere on the other screen. Is that kinda what you mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-is-there-a-way.874113/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have three monitors connected to my rig, 2 x 20" in portrait on the sides and a central 27" in landscape. For months I have been using this without issue, today however when I woke up the 'main display' (i.e. where the start button and taskbar is) has shifted to to the left display. Nothing I do will seem to fix this, Windows thinks the central monitor is still the main one according to the display settings. Restarting (the traditional fix for anything!) doesn't help.

Not sure what else to try!

A:Multi Monitor Setup

Could be a Windows Update caused the change, you might consider doing a System Restore back 2-3 days and see if this resolves it, if it does stop automatic installation of updates and set it to be asked then do them one at a time so you can find which one did it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/97364-multi-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've got 2 monitors laying around, and what do I do? Just plug them both in, to get dual screens? Where exactly do I plug them in, when do I need to set them up. Ect.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have one quot Monitor which Dual-Monitor? How a Setup to is here MAG HD inch flat screen LCD monitor data sheet I am planning to get a quot x p Monitor Instead of wasting my quot Monitor I would like to go Dual Boot with my current monitor I can see Ports the monitor can go in one is reserved already so There are Red ports My Belkin Adapter goes in one and a blue wire goes to the adapter to the quot monitor as it is a DVI Port however it only works with the left one There is one Blue port - I tried this with the Blue VGA Cable it didn't work There is one white port - Labelled DVI and it didn't work with my adapter and VGA Cable I have provided some images The bottom image is two red ports showing the adapter plugged in and in the adapter is the blue cable This is the monitor I have chosen to get BenQ G HDB Full HD TFT LCD quot DVI-D Monitor Ebuyer com I have an AMD Radeon HD Graphics Card Can anyone tell me what I How to Setup a Dual-Monitor? will need to do and if this will work and if it doesn't can anyone link me to a quot monitor under that will work

A:How to Setup a Dual-Monitor?

Hi there,

You mentioned dual-boot. I don't think it's possible to run two os's at the same time unless you use virtualization.

In windows 7, there's a very good, simple interface which allows you to change all the basic monitor settings.
The monitor you want to buy comes with a VGA cable, so you can use that one besides your old monitor.

When you right-click your desktop and click "screen resolution", you can change the way of how your different monitors connected to your pc are working.

View a complete tutorial here: How to Setup Dual Monitors in Windows 7

Hope this works!

Martin

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207792-how-setup-dual-monitor.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been trying to add a second monitor to my Dell 8200 dimension computer (Windows XP)

I notice both monitors booth up and I can view both screens but I want to setup a dual monitor feature

When I go to control panel > display > Settings

I am not set up for a dual monitor set up

My driver is NVIDA 64 MB DDR GeForce 3Ti 200

Can I be set up for a dual monitor? How can I update my driver so I can?

Relevancy 44.72%

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p020 thnking that the advertised "multiple display capable" meant I could use the normal VGA to DVI connections.  However, this tower only has VGA and HDMI connections.  How can I setup 2 monitors for dual monitor access using VGA and HDMI connections?  Do I need to now buy a monitor with HDMI connection?  If, so how would I set the monitors up for dual access.  I just want to make sure if another purchase is necessary that I purchase the right accessories. 

A:Dual Monitor Setup

@Dman2015?, welcome to the forum. Here is a guide that will help you understand what can be done with adapters.  If you already have two monitors, you can use adapters to connect them; HDMI (digital) to VGA (analog) or VGA to HDMI or DVI (digital), etc.  If you want to buy a new monitor, I suggest getting one with a HDMI connector.  You will get a far better picture with digital than you will with analog. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dual-Monitor-Setup/td-p/5811656
Relevancy 44.72%

I Have a Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop with a standard VGA Graphics Adapter. (Windows 7)

Am trying to hook up an external monitor but only one works at a time. Tried using the Fn/F5 keys. Also the second monitor does not show up in the display settings even after trying the detect button. If the external monitor is connected before the machine boots it starts up but then I loose the laptop display and vice-versa.

Is it to do with no dedicated video card (graphics).

A:Dual Monitor setup

The Fn+F5 combo should give you five options on-screen provided that the external monitor is switched on & connected:

❖ Built-in display only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (simultaneously)
❖ External monitor only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (extended mode)
❖ Swap-Switch primary display between internal display
and external monitor when using extended desktop

If the external monitor is not switched on, some of the above options will not be available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-monitor-setup-668037.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Greetings, I was anticipating this to be a headache, since it only worked in Win7 by throwing spaghetti at a wall.

Essentially, I have a dual monitor display. The right monitor is primary, the left is to be used by art programs, movies, games, and other more specialized work (as well as workspace in a large project and running code next to blah blah).

So, my problem is getting the movies and 3d apps (especially games) to render on the left monitor, but keep all of the main functions on the right one, as it is now.

A side problem... I don't totally dislike the Start Screen; I think it can be useful putting it up on that left monitor when not in use as a live feed reader when not running a program there, while leaving the right monitor "classic". Any way that is possible?

Thanks in advance.

A:Multi monitor setup

I have the same configuration, but I play games in the primary display. anyway many games have into their options, the option to choose which monitor to use. The bad thing is that if an application is running full screen on a monitor, you can't move the mouse outside of that monitor, and this is the reason why I run the games windowed (or in a way called windowed-full screen, if available), and in the windowed mode you can of course move the window in the monitor you prefer.

I also hope the start screen will be allowed to stay opened in the side monitor, while you work on the main one... it would be also nice if you could run 2 metro apps in 2 monitors, now it can uses only one... you can't run mail in the side monitor and the browser in the other, this is quite a bug...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10739-multi-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am setting up a new HP computer for dual monitors
I want to installed a3DFuxion GForce MX4000 PCI graphics card and use the CD card for the primary monitor and the stock (on motherboard) card for the secondary monitor.
Both monitors are VGA

Will this work?
The 3D Fuzion card requires me to uninstall the current display driver using Add/remove programs. the current system uses ATI video. I am hesitant to uninstall the current video unless I am sure the new setup will work.
any help is appreciated

A:Dual monitor setup

I think that's going to depend on how the MB graphics controller is handled by the BIOS. I believe some will be automatically disabled if you have a second video card.

I don't think the PCI bus is the best choice for video, doesn't that machine have an AGP slot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.431675/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just bought the Samsung P2370 and I use DVI with it. How do I setup the monitor to make everything in HD, such as the desktop, games and moves. In settings it says the monitor is taking a digital signal.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I just purchased a new monitor - LG IPS236V. The CD that comes with it doesn't installs any .icm or .inf or .cat files, so windows treats it as a generic monitor and I'm unable to calibrate colors.

In LG Hong Kong site I've found the files above.

Where should I place the files (Win 7 64)?

Thanks for your help,

A:Help with new monitor setup - LG IPS236V

Put the files in a folder on desktop or anywhere, go into device manager, find your monitor and double click it. Now go to the driver tab, click update driver then browse and browse to that folder on your desktop, click ok and Windows should now know what your monitor is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204786-help-new-monitor-setup-lg-ips236v.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a friend I am trying to setup a dual monitor setup for and while I got it setup for the most part there is a could quirky things I cannot figure out His setup is an HP desktop computer with a Nvidia card with both VGA and DVI outputs His primary monitor DVI is setup in landscape while his new secondary monitor vga is setup landscape The desktop is setup as extended His goal is to run application on the secondary monitor all the time which is a Schwab investment program and use the primary monitor for everything else So before I setup the secondary monitor he would have the Schwab program opened up maximized to the now primary monitor so when you maximize it on the new secondary monitor it is displaying as if it is being viewed on the help monitor with a setup Need dual portrait orientation So then you have to start it on the primary monitor resize it and drag it to the secondary monitor My Need help with a dual monitor setup question is is there any way to Need help with a dual monitor setup change the way this application Need help with a dual monitor setup is opening so he can just click maximize and have it fill the secondary landscaped monitor

A:Need help with a dual monitor setup

Does the app open up full screen on the primary or does it do the same?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245376-need-help-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok here is my setup AGP Matrox G Melinnium Dualhead AGP slot PCI S ViRGE DX GX PCI slot PCI S Trio PCI slots and Im tring to get a monitor setup going to display information stocks mostly Im running into an error quot This Device cannot start Error quot on the Trio cards and I have found that it only starts the card in the first PCI slot it gives these errors no matter what cards are in the nd rd slots This is a MicroATX board so it doesn t have any more PCI slots to put it in only slots So far I have found that it might be a problem with the IRQ s because windows complains if graphics cards are on the same IRQ ACPI compliant or not I was thinking of fixing this but I cannot change the IRQ on any of the PCI cards I have windows installs on this machine one with a Multiprocessor ACPI HAL I have a hyper threading P and one with a MTS Multiprocessor HAL I would prefer to use the ACPI HAL if at all possible because it seems to be the one that works with my HT cpu best the MTS multiprocessor setup monitor 5 issue doesn t recognize the HT at all I would appreciate all information given Thanks --Nathan Ladwig nbsp

A:5 monitor setup issue

I once tried to use a Trio card in a dualhead setting.. Never got it to run. Maybe it's the Trio chip/firmware/drivers that don't play well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-monitor-setup-issue.79908/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have just bought new graphics cards in the hope that i ll be able to run some kind of dual monitor system In the AGP slot I have a MB GeForce MX In the PCI slot I have a MB GeForce MX I have spent today trying to get it working to no avail Every time Monitor Dual Setup I set one monitor as primary or install it Dual Monitor Setup first as soon as I apply changes to extend my desktop on to the secondary monitor the screen just freezes and shuts down before having to restart windows from last known good configaration Another thing that is quite weird when setting primary VGA Dual Monitor Setup device in the BIOS Dual Monitor Setup it only gives the option of onboard VGA or AGP VGA nothing about the PCI device Yet if I only have the PCI card plugged in and take out the AGP card the PCI card outputs as default monitor when the BIOS is set to boot from onboard VGA confused nbsp

Never tried it in WinXP but did in Win 98SE. THe PCI Graphics run as the primary monitor. If you are trying this in Win XP try designating the monitor connected to the PCI Video Card as primary monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.322920/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was going to build a new computer, but I'm still unsure of how to get 3+ monitors to work in harmony. I'm not looking to mirror the same display on 3+ monitors, but use it to create a larger desktop.

I am able to get 2 monitors with just 1 video card, that's not a problem. The problem is, do I need 2 video cards in order to get more than 2 displays? Also, do they have to have the same bus type, same brand, same make/model and such? Also, how does SLi & Crossfire work with them? Would I be able to get a multi monitor display using SLi or Crossfire?

Thanks,
Daniel

A:Multi Monitor Setup

Hey,

You will need another card to output the graphics to the other monitor, either PCI or PCI-E would be the best bet, though the quality will be lesser on the PCI card as opposed to the PCI-E. You won't need SLI or Crossfire to get the desired output.

Regards,
Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-monitor-setup.576588/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

Can anyone out there give me a "leg up" on how to go about adding an additional LCD monitor to my system? I'm completely in the dark as to how to go about it. My display card (ATI Radeon ProXT 9800) supports an additional monitor.

Perhaps someone knows a link that I might go to that gives instructions on how to go about this.

Thank you.

RC

A:Additional Monitor Setup Help

Bobby, the best place to get good directions is the manual that came with the card. There is probably extra setup info and instructions on the installation CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/additional-monitor-setup-help.381818/
Relevancy 44.72%

i help? setup dual monitor am an extreme noob so bare with me Well dual monitor setup help? i had a last post and that dual monitor setup help? wasn't all to good of dual monitor setup help? a start off so i will start from the list of things that i have Windows XP pro bit nVida GeForce FX has VGA DVI SVideo ok heres what i did b i had monitors one vga one and one dvi one and i hooked it up and i had i good dual monitor setup but when ever i loaded some programs the would give me a bsod screen and restart for example fsx dark basic and others that change resolution now i re installed nvida drivers and there updated i think i have the DVI monitor hooked up right now with display only i have the desktop manager software enabled and running and the Nvida control pannel running and what i want to now is that i want to have a horizontal span setup reason ok well i have seen that FSX can run on monitors and that you can have a really cool display with both displaying images can i do this on a dual monitor setup or not or do i need to get a better card preferably not What to i do now ok so do i go to set up multipul monitors and do it that way or is there another way to do it better theres one last question well i herd from a friend that in the display options like when you right click in the desktop then goto properties then settings the friend said that there was an option to enable dual monitor support before i had my setup i did not see that option and neither do i now im guessing that i don't have monitors hooked up now I am obsessed about getting this to work so if i am making any of you people here mad i'm sorry and Thank-You for the help that you have given me recently btw i got my processor to work and i got it hyperthreaded D

A:dual monitor setup help?

Quote: Originally Posted by xXINSANELOSERXx

btw i got my processor to work and i got it hyperthreaded =D

That was me that helped you. Did you go with a slight overclock or stock speeds?

You can follow this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43604-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a GeForce 6600 video card that support ups to two monitors and I saw that I could set it up to display one really wide screen or to clone one screen but I want to have one screen always stay at my desktop view and only open windows with the minimze, maximize, and close buttons on top, while the other screen opens up my games. is there any way to do this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-monitor-setup-124389.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone!
I need to build system that will be able to handle 4 or more monitors attached to it. Can someone tell me what i need for that? I know there are motherboard that have more than two PCIe x16 slots. Does that mean that I can just install two or three same graphic cards with two DVI outputs each into those slots and it will work fine? Also, is SLi feature needed to link several graphics cards to work as one or is it a requirement for multimonitor setups?

Any help is appreciated!

A:help with multi monitor setup

You can just use two gfx cards with two dvi ports on each to plug in four screens.

You dont need SLI to do it, but it would be easiest if the cards matched.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-multi-monitor-setup.798842/
Relevancy 44.72%

I monitor HELP! Setup Dual have a Samsung Series TV I also have an LG E monitor I am using a dual link DVI cable to use the hz on my monitor My TI Dual monitor Setup HELP! grphx card has a dual link DVI which i use for the monitor but NOT an HDMI output The TI graphics card has another Dual Link DVI connection but my TV does not Which means i have to use my onboard video which DOES have an HDMI to use the Dual monitor Setup HELP! Samsung TV as a second monitor All i want to do is use my TV for when Dual monitor Setup HELP! i watch movies and my monitor for everything else All i've done is go to display properties and try to do this from there but the samsung TV just says quot Check cable quot which i've already done Either that happens or both monitors go blank Please help Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated I built my computer Now i want to use my TV with

A:Dual monitor Setup HELP!

There is recent firmware for your TV available on Samsungs website.

Support for LE37C530F1W

I would imagine you may need the latest version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205821-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm trying to setup my computer to use a 40" monitor. They're connected to eachother using a DVI cable. But when I changed the display settings to use the monitor, nothing shows up.

The monitor was given to me, and I think there's a remote that comes with the monitor, but the people I picked it up from didn't have it. It's a ClarityVisual Bobcat II 40" monitor. I tried googling information on the monitor but there was not much I can find.

Can someone please shine some light on my problem and help me get this monitor working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-computer-to-monitor.860048/
Relevancy 44.72%

Is it worth setting up two monitors. I have an opportunity to get a brand new gateway 19" monitor for $100, still in the box. How hard is it to set up and what would the main benefits of dual monitor setup? Most of all would I really like it if I did a dual set up. Any body else have a dual set up, do you like it. Thanks.

A:Dual monitor setup

Hello Bassfisher,

If your graphics card as a secondary output on it, then your good to go with just connecting the monitor to the secondary connector on the card and installing the monitor's driver (if it has one). Pretty much that simple.

It really depends on your needs, but it makes having multiple windows opened a lot easier to see and organize by dragging some of them over to the second monitor.

I like it.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/208099-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i just received two LG monitors today. L196WTQ-BF. they both look amazing but i am having trouble setting them up. When i set them both to the native resolution of 1440x900 they both appear to go to that resolution but the desktop doesn't seem to fit on the screen. to see the left edge of the screen you must scroll over to the edge with the mouse and when you do this the right edge of the screen slides off the side.

anyone know why this is happening?

Relevancy 44.72%

Just installed a second monitor on my GF FX5700 graphics card. My question is does it matter which of the two monitors is analog and which is digial?
Right now I have the 21" primary monitor as analog and the secondary 19" as digital. Does it make a difference.

A:Dual Monitor setup

Shouldn't be any difference. You could try swapping the monitors just in case you notice a difference in picture quality but I doubt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-setup.18485/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 LCD screens hooked up to my video card at the moment and they are set at vertical (1A, 1B) configuration. When I play a game the second monitor turns off though. Is there a way I can keep my dual monitor configuration even during gaming? By the way I don't want the monitors to clone each other, but I would like a widescreen view. Thanks for your replies.

My secondary moniter goes all screwy when I play game like it changes resloution and random Icons from the other desktop appear on it. And if I do anything in the on not running the game it minimises the other screen. is there any way of preventing tht.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-setup.54220/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all,

I am thinking about setting up a dual monitor on my PC. I tried to find a FAQ or tutorial on here but had no luck. I have 0% knowledge on how to set this up or even if i can on with my specs, so any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Phill3990

PS: if this is in the wrong section I apologize.

A:Dual monitor setup help

for that card you can have four displays. so should be no problems running 2 just need the appropriate connections on monitor and video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361895-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Whats up guys so I have a laptop and have bought 3 ben q monitors and I want to do a triple monitor gaming setup but I don't have a external gpu. With the 3 monitors I bought an hdmi splitter so i can get picture to all three monitors but i have no idea how to extend the display across all three monitors and i am running windows 8 if you know anything at all please let me know and thank you

A:Triple monitor setup

As far as I'm aware, an HDMI splitter will allow the same image to be sent to multiple monitors, not send 3 different images to 3 monitors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560846/triple-monitor-setup/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all. I have two windows laptops, which I would like to hook up to one large screen monitor and be able to switch between the two easily. Also, ideally, Id like to be able to have the laptops closed while I do so.

1) Is this possible?
2) If so, any recommendations for the hardware to best accomplish this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys-
I've got two of these crossfired and I would like to know how to connect a second display. I've never had a dual display set up before and am not exactly sure what peculiarities are (there are always peculiarities). My current monitor is plugged into the d-dvi port, leaving the HDMI and Display Port open. The monitor I'm trying to use only has d-dvi and vga out and is a different size than my primary.
Can I make this work?
Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

Just got 3 monitors and I only seem to have two HDMI slots. I have a GTX 600 and it has other slots, Can these be used? If so what is the best mentioned of using them? I lead or an adapter or something else?

Also, the montherboard has a HDMI slot could this be used?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Alex

A:Solved: 3 Monitor Setup

To use a third monitor you must use a DisplayPort. You can buy an Active DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

On most computers, the motherboard's video ports get disabled when you add in a graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-3-monitor-setup.1108087/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone.
I want to make a four monitor setup with my Radeon HD6870 and I've tried many configurations but still can't manage to turn on the fourth screen.
These are the connectors of the graphics card:

At the moment, I've got three monitors working this way:

The fourth screen I want to connect is a Philips TV (It has VGA and HDMI connectors).
I wanted to ask here first before I start buying adapters, do you know how to get this working?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/59284-four-monitor-setup-hd6870.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am not able to get my HPZR24W monitor setup as a second monitor for my ThinkPad laptop.  Any suggestions.  I have all of the most recent program updates, etc.Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-am-trying-to-setup-a-HPZR24w-as-a-second-monitor-to-my/td-p/5661885
Relevancy 44.72%

I am not able to get my HPZR24W monitor setup as a second monitor for my ThinkPad laptop.  Any suggestions.  I have all of the most recent program updates, etc.Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-am-trying-to-setup-a-HPZR24w-as-a-second-monitor-to-my/td-p/5661885
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Gateway DX4300-19 Desktop PC for dual monitors. The problem I am having is that the second monitor is not accepting the signal and or not getting the signal. I am not very tech savvy so I may be completely wrong with this so here it goes:

My video card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated.

So this is how I'm trying to set it up and if I'm completely wrong please tell me what to do.

On the back panel of my desktop there is a VGA output and a HDMI output. I have the VGA going to my desktop Monitor its a gateway.

And Im trying to use the HDMI into my LCD TV as it is hung above my desktop anyway.

Am I doing something wrong or will it just not work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-multiple-monitor-setup.147900/
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to setup dual monitors. After I learned the The Nvidia FX5500 graphics card that I had was not supported by Windows 7, I went out and bought the Nvidia 8400GS card. When I installed it, the Nvidia 9100 integrated card was no longer available/supported/installed. Specifically, I get get the computer to recognize one or the other graphics cards but not both at the same time. I am running Windows 7 and I have read that others have used this card for dual monitor applications so why can't I get the computer to recognize both graphics cards?

I assume the integrated video is not a physical card but video built into the motherboard. You can't have both. Inserting a video card into the motherboard automatically shuts down the onboard one. However your video card will support two monitors. There are two outputs on your video card. Plug the two monitors into the card and use Windows to set them up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.971053/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi all, can someone give me basic instructions on setting up dual monitors
thanx

A:dual monitor setup

You need a graphic adapter with two outputs; connect each monitor to each output. For example most lower priced video cards will usually have a DVI and VGA out connectors, most monitors will have a DVI and VGA input connectors. Whatever configuration you choose, just make sure your monitors have the right connectors to hook up with the video adapter.
Maybe this video will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtzAQ1hao7U

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.1153637/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey, im new around here and new to windows 7. I recently installed it for the benefit of it being faster than windows vista and Dx11. My question is i have a BENQ E2200HD and a Dell CRT monitor. What i use to be able to do with windows XP was allow my BENQ to be read as a TV and be able to watch HDMI 1080p movies. While on my CRT i would be able to up the hertz to 120 with reforce for gaming.

The problem now is my computer is reading them as joint monitors and wont let me up my CRT hertz past 85hz and my BENQ is being read as DVI, even though its HDMI. This in turn causes tearing in videos and not as crisp clear as it use to be.

Setup:
Q6600 - OC to 3.0
Corsair ram - 4GB oc to 1000mhz
BFG GTX 275
Gigabyte motherboard

A:Duel Monitor Setup

You have "dueling" monitors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/43107-duel-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

So I am trying to set-up 3 monitors and could use a bit of help.
Each monitor has 1 DVI, 1 VGA and 1 HDMi and the PC has 2 HDMi, 1 DVI, and 1 Display port at the back.

What is the best way to get all of this hooked up? What exact wires will I need?

Relevancy 44.72%

First I want to thank those who responded to my previous questions about PCI video cards and dual monitors Second I ve only had dual monitors for a little over a day now and I am ready for a third monitor already How would that work though Triple Monitor Setup Here is what I have ATI Radeon PCI with VGA and DVI output Currently I have one Dell FPT hooked up to each connection and my display is spread across both monitors One annoyance is that every centered window that pops up shows up half on each screen I believe monitors with a stretched display would eliminate that problem so Triple Monitor Setup I would like to add a rd Dell FPT to my system The centered windows would pop up on the middle monitor correct For that and other greedy reasons I think I want a rd now How would I hook up the rd monitor though I believe I had to turn off my internal AGP to get this PCI video card dual monitor set up to work properly so I can t use that connection Would you use something like a y-cable off of the DVI connection So you have a VGA running to monitor one and a DVI split to run Triple Monitor Setup to monitors and Would that still work with Triple Monitor Setup a stretched display Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Triple Monitor Setup

You wouldn't split the DVI signal (except with special cards I've only seen on IBM machines) to display on two monitors. Instead, and probably easiest, you would put another PCI card in your machine giving you support for 3 or 4 monitors if you please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/triple-monitor-setup.62641/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have an ASUS P T SE motherboard with an NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card MB already installed I would like to connect monitors to my PC with + GT setup Nvidia Monitor 3 ? 240 but apparently the card only supports two concurrent ones I use my PC mainly for web design and development plus recreation such as watching movies however I don't use it 3 Monitor setup with Nvidia GT 240 + ? for gaming Monitor sizes and inputs they support inch VGA inch monitor HDMI VGA inch DVI VGA What is the best option for me to add the rd monitor My main consideration is price I don't want to spend too much money just for adding another monitor to my setup My PC runs pretty quietly now and I want it to remain like that so noisy cards are a big no for me I've read about USB to DVI adapters but it seems they 3 Monitor setup with Nvidia GT 240 + ? are not so powerful as proper graphics cards The other option would be to add another card to my existing one something basic that can run my third monitor I'm not sure if this is at all possible and what cards you suggest And the rd option would be to take out my card and replace it with an ATI card that supports outputs out of the box Are there any more options And what do you recommend Thanks

A:3 Monitor setup with Nvidia GT 240 + ?

Best option would be something like this,

Newegg.com - ASUS EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP) GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Low Profile Ready Video Card

extremely low power, silent due to no fan, and will fit no problem seeing as your motherboard has couple of extra PCI-E x16 slots. And you shouldn't run into any driver issues as it uses the same driver as your current card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/212892-3-monitor-setup-nvidia-gt-240-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all

Recommendation on Video Cards required for Multi Monitor setup.

I'd like to have 4 monitors connected simultaneously with independent controls (for using Photoshop CS4 etc).

Do I need video cards with Multi monitor input or several different video cards installed (even if this IS possible on most Mobos I think I only have 2 possible slots anyway for this).

Any ideas anyone (need it all to work on W7 x-64).

I currently have an old card working on XP which has 2 Monitor inputs -- I don't need all the 3D etc for Photoshop processing.

The W7 system I'm using has 16 GB RAM so there's enough for the Video.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Multi-Monitor setup

Photoshop CS4 actually uses gpu acceleration. See at:

edit | preferences | performance | GPU settings

Two dual-dvi output cards should do well for you operating independently, for the total of 4 monitors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/10593-multi-monitor-setup.html