Windows Support Forum

Asus mobo Bios error?

Q: Asus mobo Bios error?

Hi all,
Can som1 help me?
I have a asus p5n-d mobo, that keeps giving the same error at start up " Cmoc checksum error - Defaults loaded". Ive updated the bios file from 0601 to 0801 and also changed the battery but I keep getting the same message.

Ive tried to reset the bios with the mobo cd but that aren't no help either.
If their arent anything else I can do, im thinking of getting a budget socket 1155 mobo with sli, could som1 recommended a mobo.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus mobo Bios error?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus mobo Bios error?

Clear CMOS And Update Bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bios-error.195357/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a ASUS K V mobo with bios problems I ve tried to update it but whenever I start the process it tells problem bios mobo Asus me that the board is NOT an ASUS board I know it is because Asus mobo bios problem I bought it new from CompUSA and installed Asus mobo bios problem it myself The update then fails Right now it s causing problems with sound I ve tried to install the drivers for the sound controller but each time I get a message that tells me quot Access is Denied quot This even happens when I boot into windows quot safe quot mode as administrator Using the flash utility upon startup is no help either The utility just says the file I m trying to update the bios with is not the correct file size and fails I ve tried removing the battery for as long as minutes trying to reset the memory but to no avail It still doesn t work I m running WinXP Pro with a AMD Athlon processor G memory Asus is no help at all I ll never buy another ASUS board as this one is a replacement for the first one I had and now it s failing Can someone help me solve this nbsp

A:Asus mobo bios problem

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I seem to remember some Asus mobo`s were faked, although I can`t remember when this was or what models were affected. whether this is the source of your problem I don`t know.

Run the free Everest programme from HERE and see what details it gives you for your mobo. Then, check the results with the Asus site.

The only other thing I can suggest is you RMA the board.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bios-problem.53209/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am looking at ASUS' support, and am planning to flash my BIOS to an updated version, as I have exhausted all other attempts at stabilizing my system.

The instructions tell me to make a boot floppy. As there is no logical way for me to do this, as my board does not have a floppy cable present, this proves impossible. Anyone flashed the BIOS on an ASUS M4 series? Tips?

A:BIOS flash - ASUS MoBo

Have a look Here and see if the info helps

It's relating to creating a boot cd instead of using a floppy

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/119836-bios-flash-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have the P4C800-E Deluxe modo and Kingston(x2) DDR400 Duel channel memory set-up. The problem is that when I over clock the processor I loose the 400MHz and it goes to 160Mhz, but i can overclock successfully. If I do not overclock, I can have my memory at 400MHz. So what gives? Why can I not overclock and have my memory at 400MHz?

A:Overclocking in BIOS using ASUS mobo

I think that ASUS has an automatic thing that does that automatically if it is not overclocked properly.. it's really annoying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-in-bios-using-asus-mobo.217622/
Relevancy 71.81%

I recently updated my mobo's bios and with the update I now see this "press F4 to use ACC". I have an AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE CPU. Is there any benefit to using this new function that ASUS is offering with my quad core.

A:Asus mobo bios update

It looks like ACC is a utility for unlocking AMD CPU hidden cores for 'overclocking'.

So if you are into that kind of thing it may be a useful tool.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...re-unlocking/1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188609-asus-mobo-bios-update.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Here is the site for upgrading the BIOS on it http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?SLanguage=en-us AFUDOS (First Link)
I don't fully understand what the site says. The reasons I need to upgrade is to support the CPU it doesn't support with factory installed BIOS.

I would really like someone would fully explain this.

Thank you very much !!!!

A:Need help upgrading BIOS on a ASUS K8V SE DELUXE MOBO

Please got floppys on stanby. Don't lecture me the bumping a thread. I have been a memeber for a while I understand the guidelines, but I need this done A SAP.

Thanks guys/gails

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-upgrading-bios-on-a-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-mobo.53080/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys i have an old Asus mother board A8N-SLI Premium
link to asus ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

im getting blue screen errors with new ram and new stata drives i installed i wanted to update bios but on the site it doesnt list Windows 7 as supported operating system in downloads section.

I downloaded Bios utility and received error "Does not support this operating system: WNT_.1H_MCE"

im not a tech wizard but i read that i can create a boot disk from the .bin file and update bios that way but im bit nervous about that so i thought i post here first

any advice appreciated thanks

A:old asus mobo can i update bios with windows 7?

forgot to add the memory im using.

2GBx two
G Skill DDR3 1333
installed correctly according to manual

i guess i can change the ram to the old one i had and see if it still blue screens to isolate issue to mobo / HDD

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191922-old-asus-mobo-can-i-update-bios-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

For reasons I don t understand I had K8V problem! MOBO: ASUS De BIOS-upgrade SE Luxe problems installing and activating the feature quot Cool n Quiet quot - also it appeared now and then difficult to enter the BIOS setup to enter the necessary adjustments of this feature I then decided to upgrade to the new BIOS sd Rom First I did it by means of the flash method - it failed but then I tried it the old fashoned way by means of AFUDOS Apparently It went fine and I was asked to do the usual reboot When doing that I end up in the quot American Megatrends quot splash screen saying CMOS Checksum bad Press F to run Setup Press F to load default values and continue however to press neither of the ASUS K8V SE De Luxe MOBO: BIOS-upgrade problem! two gives no result whatsoever How should one reset the BIOS - quot delete quot is without effect also when normally trying to enter the BIOS setup function The manual does not say anything in this regard There is probably a combinations of letters that can reset the BIOS Also I would be pleased to know how others manage to upgrade the BIOS without these problems MB details Socket VIA K T DDR ASUS Athlon Thanks for any piece of advice Oeksen nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-se-de-luxe-mobo-bios-upgrade-problem.20266/
Relevancy 70.09%

Can someone please inform me is this an issue that occurs only when any kind of overclocking is done.
This includes enabling XMP profiles of RAM that has XMP feature.
In other words is there anybody out there who has had frozen clock issue where no overclocking was done.
Thanks...GAry

A:Asus Z87 MOBO Frozen Bios Clock Issue

See if these are the same issue?

(SOLVED) Asus Z87-PRO - Bios Clock Issue [Solved] - Asus - Motherboards
ASUS z87 bios clock freeze - Asus - Motherboards
Asus z87 Frozen Real Time Clock Bug

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372177-asus-z87-mobo-frozen-bios-clock-issue.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I just built a custom PC and have a problem. I have an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe-Wifi mobo, and when I tried to book all of the fans come on, but no Boot or POST. I had a Thermaltake Pure power 600 watt PSU and at first I thought it was the problem, so I bought a new one. It now does the same thing, as before. I tested the power supply and now it shows all of the voltages as working, except the 5v?

I read a similar post and someone said it may be the BIOS revision will not detect the Core 2 Duo processor I have. Is this true? Please help..

Specs:
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe-Wifi
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz
Corsair (2 GB DDR 2) RAM
Asus EAX5150 Video Card
Samung DVD-RW
Card Reader
Western Digital 80 GB hdd
Zalaman Cooler

A:Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo won't post or bios

Yoy have BOTH power supplies hooked up to the mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ld2-deluxe-mobo-wont-post-or-bios.81622/
Relevancy 70.09%

Edit Sorry Title should read Secure Boot not Safeboot Project All-new hardware case + + Asus Bios new PROBLEMS! UEFI mobo = Safeboot + W7 PS mobo CPU etc etc with an NTLite-integrated-update W on a flash drive Lots of steep learning curves building this W updates flash drive but that's finally done But now I've plugged the flash drive into my shiny new Asus Z M-Plus motherboard I've got a whole new set of problems with the UEFI Bios and Safeboot I think I've solved it but in the course of several days of head-scratching and research online I've turned up some interesting information Anyone seen this website Code http dellwindowsreinstallationguide com ensure-you-have-the-correct-sata-configuration-in-the-bios-setup-for-your-configuration uefisecure-boot-disable I've trimmed out some irrelevant stuff but basically the guy says this Quote Associated with UEFI is SecureBoot This is a newer security technologies which only W7 + new Asus mobo + UEFI Bios + Safeboot = PROBLEMS! allows Bit code with a Microsoft signature to boot Codes without such W7 + new Asus mobo + UEFI Bios + Safeboot = PROBLEMS! a signature will be rejected and so only only certified code will boot This makes the boot process secure preventing malicious code from booting The Microsoft signatures are only present in Windows Bit media and later In many systems the optical drive which is falling into obsolescence will not have the hardware signatures to be enabled as a boot device when secure boot is enabled so I recommend booting exclusively from USB for newer systems Windows Bit supports the UEFI BIOS and the GPT partition scheme but does not support SecureBoot which needs to be disabled for a Windows Bit installation Installation from DVD is not supported and a Bootable USB with appropriate settings must be used Windows and Bit do not support secure boot UEFI and their installation should be avoided on new hardware If I read that correctly he's saying that I probably shouldn't be attempting to put W on this new machine and The DVD drive won't work under the default UEFI Bios settings so a flash drive is recommended I think he's right about because I tried running a bootable Wipedrive formatting DVD to make sure the old SATA HDD I'm using as a test bed was clean and unallocated and absolutely nothing happened The UEFI bios sees the DVD drive but it won't spin up To begin with I couldn't get the flash drive to boot either but I think I've solved that but yet to test it by setting 'Secure Boot gt OS Type' to 'Other OS' instead of its default 'Windows UEFI mode' Anyone had similar issues and solved them

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388536-w7-new-asus-mobo-uefi-bios-safeboot-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Need help here I have already read through several other threads of people with the same problem though none of them seem to have exactly the same symptoms The threads I read are here http www techspot com vb all wind -wont-boot--No-BIOS-beep-or-video-signal html http forums anandtech com messageview cfm catid amp threadid My Problem I am building a or Asus Deluxe post bios beep mobo won't P5LD2 new computer Basic components are Asus P LD Deluxe Motherboard Intel Pentium D Processor GHz LGA Pkg x L Cache UP only DDR g RAM ATI Radeon X Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo won't post or bios beep Pro Just like the other people in those threads I can turn on the power to my computer all the interior fans come on the LED on the motherboard is glowing green seems to be power everywhere there needs to be Except the computer won t post The monitor stays black and there are no bios beeps I can t Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo won't post or bios beep tell if the computer is loading anything or not It just sits there like a giant rock I can turn the power on and off with the main tower switch though the reset doesn t seem to be doing anything I figure that s nothing to worry about since if the computer isn t posting anything there is nothing to interupt My problem seems to differ slightly from the other people in that just to make sure my speakers were working I took the RAM out and rebooted Except I still didn t get any bios beeps telling me there was a hardward problem That leads me to suspect there is a problem with the motherboard though with so many people experiencing the same problem even with replacement motherboards I am hesitant to conclude that One other abnormality in this installation on the Radeon Graphics Card box one of the requirements was an additional interior power supply Except once I had the card in my hands there is absolutely no place on the card in which a power cord can be plugged into The manual was made for about different ATI cards and only says If your card requires additional power plug a cord into the power plug on the card Well that was really helpfull Thanks a lot ATI Anyway the fact that I didn t get a bios beep when there were no RAM sticks in any of the dimm slots has me worried I have checked all the wires plugging into the motherboard relating to sound on the hopes that one was installed upside down but no luck No matter how I have them plugged in I still get no bios beeps from the empty memory slots Anyone have any advice PS The CPU specs require Intel X Express chipsets and the specs on the motherboard are compliant with this possessing a P chipset Also the bios chip on the board seems to read as I believe it is commonly refered to though I may be wrong As far as I can tell from the other threads this should mean my motherboard has adequate bios for the situation Though this is a newer pentium with a larger cache I think and so perhaps that is the problem nbsp

A:Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo won't post or bios beep

I believe that the X1600 pro only needs the power connection for the AGP version. Yours is a PCIe-16x version so the power connection (I believe) is not needed. If it is needed, there would be a 4pin molex jack on the top right side of the card (opposite from the side that mounts to your case).

As for what bios supports your CPU, it depends on which revision your CPU is. Revision B1 is supported by bios version 0415 or newer. But revision C1 was not supported until bios version 0603.

I don't understand the bios number you have provided enough to tell if it means your board has been updated, perhaps someone else can help out with that (I am at work now). If your CPU is the C1 revision, then an out of date bios would explain things.

By the way, are you sure your board is not shorting out on the case? (You used the riser pins)?

Also, what make is your PSU and how many watts is it rated at?

What speed/make ram are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ld2-deluxe-mobo-wont-post-or-bios-beep.58148/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have three P8Z77-V Deluxe mobos. I went to check the software and firmware and found a NEW dropdown for Win8 64 bit today. There was also a new UEFI BIOS out at the same time with no description of what changed.

Check to see if your mobo manufacturer is putting out new stuff...

A:ASUS just put a Win8 dropdown for my mobo plus a new UEFI BIOS update.

I checked on ASUS site for my system now, no Windows 8 in the drop down :<

I checked for the Mobo "P6X58D-E", the laptop "N65VZ" and for the Mobo "E45M1-I DELUXE"

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7957-asus-just-put-win8-dropdown-my-mobo-plus-new-uefi-bios-update.html
Relevancy 69.23%

A couple of days ago I had to flash my BIOS on a brand new motherboard see above I did it by direct live download of the new BIOS from the ASUS BIOS Luxe K8V 64, Athlon problem De 3400+ SE ASUS MOBO, WIN s Interface but apparently something went wrong and I am now left without any workable BIOS It goes about American Megatrends-Bios and the screen on which I end up after failing readings of the drives says quot CMOS Checksum Bad Press F to run setup or F to load default values quot no effect at all neither of them Also I have tried various Key-combinations quot Del Ctr-Home etc quot to bring back to life the BIOS However it seems as if the BIOS has become corrupt and the socalled quot Crash-Proof quot feature cannot be applied The drives on my newly build computer which otherwise functions very well are quot dead quot however work mechanically but cannot be read - thus I cannot neither use a BIOS problem ASUS K8V SE De Luxe MOBO, Athlon 64, 3400+ copy of the first BIOS which I took and placed on a diskette when installing and setting up the mobo nor can I use the contents of the CD that followed the Mobo I have heard saying that one could uninstall the MOBO battery for a short while and then insert it again others say that it BIOS problem ASUS K8V SE De Luxe MOBO, Athlon 64, 3400+ is necessary to remove some jumpers for a while others again mean that both actions are necessary The ASUS Manual E seems to talk only about upgradings of flash - nothing about the case when if one ends up in quot my quot situation Would indeed be very happy to learn from any of you more experienced about the proper procedure to follow in such a case thanks a lot Best regards Oeksen nbsp

A:BIOS problem ASUS K8V SE De Luxe MOBO, Athlon 64, 3400+

continuation:
In my waiting for possible good suggestion I have now a couple of times performed the following, as suggested in the ASUS-manual, section 2.6 in order to erase the RTC RAM:
Turned off the computer and unplugged the power cord
Removed the battery
Moved the jumper from pos. 1-2 to 2-3 for 10 sec. and then back again
Replaced the battery
Plugged the power cord and turned on the computer
Held down the "Del-Key" and few otheralternative key-combinations during boot,

but....the drives are still not read, thus the BIOS default settings could not be performed.

Now the AMI-screen says:
"CMOS Setttings wrong
CMOS Date/Time not set
Press F1, respectively F2"

Apparently the wordings are now slightly different, see above, however, the negative result the same!

Still looking forward to good advices, maybe from the moderators, if not any others can help...thanks. Oeksen 37+

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-problem-asus-k8v-se-de-luxe-mobo-athlon-64-3400.19067/
Relevancy 64.07%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I installed windows pro and running the Windows Experience in System got a due to my old graphics card so I just got a new HIS Radeon HD card and that bumped me up to WEI However it killed my sound when I installed the new graphics card drivers Asus 64bit, Mobo---new card, sound Pro graphics error now P6TSE Win8 Previously I used the onboard audio of the P TSE mini jacks at the back to connect my speakers with no problem and great sound I think the drivers for the new graphics card installed some HD audio devices and want sound out through the S PDIF port or the Win8 Pro 64bit, Asus P6TSE Mobo---new graphics card, now sound error HDMI port In bios I have tried disabling HD Audio and changing the output from HDMI to S PDIF all combos of which don't seem to help I downloaded the Realtek update R and reinstalled the drivers but still have the same problem In Device Manager I currently have -Audio inputs and outputs --Microphone Logitech Mic --Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio where driver details v -Sound video and game controllers --AMD High Definition Audio Device --Logitech Mic --Realtek High Definition Audio where driver details v I have tried enabling the stereo mix device from the quot recording devices quot option when right clicking volume control I also tried disabling the AMD device When I run the Realtek sound manager and test the speakers I have running through a home stereo that has a line-in plugged into the main speakers mini jack on the mobo at the back I only get the test sound from clicking on the surround speakers coming out of the main front speakers and no sound from the other speakers or sub I also have no system sounds in windows and no sound for youtube etc Any one able to help me reason through this one I have been reading the forum here and around the web but can't seem to find a solution that works I played around with drivers and have sound back Switched to other mini plug too Still no but stereo is better than nothing

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/12376-win8-pro-64bit-asus-p6tse-mobo-new-graphics-card-now-sound-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Right from the beginning My old hardrive died failed to boot - i had a spare gig one so have used that to get me on the net in the meantime Then i bought a sata tb hitachi harddrive i saw on offer My motherboard is a ASUS A N X-E which now i have discovered provides all sorts of complications when installing no - windows mobo. error install harddrive - asus 1tb hitachi boot can disk a7n8x sata drives The connections i have on my motherboard are sata raid and 1tb hitachi harddrive - no windows can install disk boot error - asus a7n8x mobo. sata raid The motherboard is pretty old and clearly a st gen sata control I have two different sata cables one i bought myself and one that came with the hard drive - I have tried each just incase The power is connected through an adaptor and connected correctly and the jumpers are in enabled position Initially the issue was the hardrive showing on the f 1tb hitachi harddrive - no windows can install disk boot error - asus a7n8x mobo. raid controller screen but failing to get past this point I disconnected it and through someones amazing instructions flashed the 1tb hitachi harddrive - no windows can install disk boot error - asus a7n8x mobo. hardrive with an update After this it got past there finally and onto the WINDOWS XP installation I have downloaded different sets of sata raid utility drivers from the asus website the older set and the newer set just incase I loaded these at different sessions using floppy and F when directed at the windows setup screen - the drivers load but dont help I then tried using Hitachi Feature Tool and setting the nd Gen drive to gb and disabling the spread clocking thing I really thought id be onto a winner with this one but NO I was doing all this for hours I feel I may cry if i do not get this fixed ha What happens with BOTH windows xp and vista i was told this has drivers included but i like xp more is it starts to say starting up windows after loading all appropriate drivers but gives me the unbootable disk error I really dont think its the hardrive its probably something im overlooking I have also tried setting serial ports to automatic in bios settings I must add that the hardrive does not show up in the first page of the bios Only on the f raid screen It is not mentioned in the bios at all beyond there I do have a sata to usb connector that i can test it on with the advanced diagnostics once i finish today Because I have been so frustrated at not being able to fix it I called technical help who said that its because my connection on the motherboard is raid He said that even though it shows up it will not work in the feature tool with raid and i will not be able to get it working with that connection I told him I have a pci card with sata connections on the way and asked if this would help at all He said that it would and i probably wouldnt have to reset it in the feature tool with a pci card holding sata connectors i will be able to just install at gb I still feel the need to ask here because if i find out hes said it to fob me off i may crack up - ya know what people on the phone can be like if they cant be bothered they l tell you anything to get rid of you Will this help me Or can anyone see that im overlooking something This is my first time installing a sata i did the sods law thing before my hardrive broke i gave it the almighty ive had my computer for years and its never given me a problem and it died nbsp

A:1tb hitachi harddrive - no windows can install disk boot error - asus a7n8x mobo.

You can use an PCI sata card, but the bios must have the ability to boot from a PCI card. You may have to set first boot device to "boot other device" (page 76) but still requires the bios to detect a bootable hard drive on the pci card, not sure if it will or not, and you will have to load the pci card drivers using F6. You may get windows partially installed but it may fail if the bios cannot boot from the card on restart of setup.

Looks like it is raid 0 or 1 or nothing page 41, and 107

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/e1876_a7n8x-e_deluxe.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1tb-hitachi-harddrive-no-windows-can-install-disk-boot-error-asus-a7n8x-mobo.863673/
Relevancy 60.2%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 59.34%

Tried to get HP support to give some similar board model from ASUS own models so I could get the correct Asus AI Suite to control fans read system info The similar Asus model they gave didn t even have the same chipset I m not sure if that truly matters as far as their AI Suite working correctly Just need a reliable program to adjust case fan speeds a bit / similar model HP with Asus reference Cross mobo Asus Simpler is better Does anyone know Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model how I can cross the HP Asus board w some similar model on Asus site to get the correct version of AI Suite If no to suggestions on reliable prgms that will allow controlling fan speeds Fairly sure this mobo has the ability to adjust fans st tried SpeedFan - no options to adjust any fans reports them but MSI Afterburner had no trouble adjusting GPU fan None of several socket boards I looked at on Asus site had G chipset The info HP has for this mobo Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model is Manufacturer s motherboard name Asus IPIBL-TX HP Compaq name Burbank-GL E Form Factor Micro-ATX cm inches x cm inches Cross reference HP / Asus mobo with similar Asus model Chipset Intel G Front-side bus speed MHz processor dependent Processor upgrade information Socket type Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cross-reference-hp-asus-mobo-with-similar-asus-model.167486/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi need some help HARDWARE ASUS A N-E mobo nforce amd ghz gb SATA seagate gb ddr Hynix inserted in the rd slot as shown in manual BIG mb nvidia graphics card Bios version sony dvd writer Installed software win xp sp chipset driver ver sound drivers realtek ac al amd cool and quiet software asus ai booster i have not bios (asus) checksum error A8N-E BSOD - rom loaded the network firewall drivers cause i dont need them now new at this so if A8N-E (asus) BSOD - bios rom checksum error i need to post anything else please let me know anyway bought all this just recently and A8N-E (asus) BSOD - bios rom checksum error assembled the A8N-E (asus) BSOD - bios rom checksum error pc worked fine for a few days then started restarting at random times sometimes while playing game doom thief or while doing normal stuff showed BSOD and then after restert just does all the start up checks and again BSOD then if i manully restart shows it takes a little longer to start up then before the windows logo screen with the bar can appear it says i need to load required dll or kernel then when i restart it says Awards Bios BootBlock ver copyright Bios Rom Checksum error please insert cd rom floppy i also tried to insert the mobo cd that came with package to reload the bios but just ssays loading awdflash exe and then nothing after which if i restart it keeps returning to the same screen bios rom checksum error i have already replaced the memory stick and the power supply mobo technician suggested the changing of the power supply and thought that was the problem but problem still persists please help nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20939/
Relevancy 58.91%

Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

sorry i also posted this in the audio section but maybe this is a better place to post it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok went out and bought an asus spdif out module for my puter - the mobo has spdif 6 pin connector on board

problem is module only has 3 pin connector

anyone know how to connect

module has pins 1,2,& 3 says 1& 2 for green header (ac97) and 2&3 for black header pci audio

mobo has spidf out +5v spdif in
ground ground

on the 6 pin connector (1 pin missing)

do i connect spdif out & ground or spdif out & +5v?? don't want to fry the module

Thanks 4 your help
Ken

A:Connecting asus spdif module to asus p4b mobo

same problem with a7n8x deluxe

hello karmstrong, i just got my spdif out module today (optical & co-ax) and have the same problem with my a7n8x deluxe. 5 pin socket on the board, three on the module. i suppose we need a different module? if anyone has any suggestions, i'd be very much obliged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-asus-spdif-module-to-asus-p4b-mobo.20948/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there vista users harley here again ok for those who have that MOBO users NVKDLLM BIOS gigibyte for fix error....possible update Nvidea dreaded Nvidea NVKDLLM error i had the same dureing a game it would freeze up black screen then come back with the error some times my mouse pointer would glitch up my Nvidea card is attached to a GIGIBYTE GA-EP -DS motherboard which has been with me since and a lot of changes have happend since then GIG of extra ram fried my Nvidea GT xD Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update replaced with GTS so my fix was is that i went to the gigbyte website looked up my bord there and clicked on support and downloads went to BIOS in the drop down menu and a bunch of BIOS versions were there F to F so i checked my bios firmwear in system info to Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update see it was F OMG the orginal firmwear from when Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update i got it built so downloaded bios from gigibyte download page and ran it had it check the GB servers in the US with one which was for my bord was the F latest ver and flashed it when it was done it asked for a reset i hit ok at the splash screen booted into bios and hit LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFULTS just to be safe hit F to save tryed a game like GTA IV or SR direct x version or with no problems i think that this has fixed it for those who are worried about flashing the bios please take it to your local PC shop for it to be done have not had a problem since yesterday when i did it if you have any questions please leave a messege on this thead Harley

A:Nvidea NVKDLLM error....possible fix for gigibyte MOBO users BIOS update

Hi Harley,

Thanks for taking the time to share this solution! I'm sure others experiencing this problem will really appreciate your efforts

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/299953-nvidea-nvkdllm-error-possible-fix-gigibyte-mobo-users-bios-update.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi need some help HARDWARE ASUS A N-E mobo nforce amd ghz gb SATA seagate gb ddr Hynix inserted in the rd slot as shown in manual BIG mb nvidia graphics card Bios version sony dvd writer Installed software win xp sp chipset driver ver sound drivers checksum BSOD BIOS A8N-E random - error ASUS restart ROM realtek ac al amd cool and quiet software asus ai booster i have not loaded the network firewall drivers cause i dont need them now new at this so if i need to post anything else please let ASUS A8N-E random restart BSOD - BIOS ROM checksum error me know anyway bought all ASUS A8N-E random restart BSOD - BIOS ROM checksum error this just recently and assembled the pc worked fine for a few days then started restarting at random times sometimes while playing game doom thief or while doing normal stuff showed BSOD and then after restert just does all the start up checks and again BSOD then if i manully restart shows it takes a little longer to start up then before the windows logo screen with ASUS A8N-E random restart BSOD - BIOS ROM checksum error the bar can appear it says i need to load required dll or kernel then when i restart it says Awards Bios BootBlock ver copyright Bios Rom Checksum error please insert cd rom floppy i also tried to insert the mobo cd that came with package to reload the bios but just ssays loading awdflash exe and then nothing after which if i restart it keeps returning to the same screen bios rom checksum error i have already replaced the memory stick and the power supply mobo technician suggested the changing of the power supply and thought that was the problem but problem still persists please help nbsp

A:ASUS A8N-E random restart BSOD - BIOS ROM checksum error

Sigh... I have almost the exact same problem, same motherboard... but my bios won't even load now, it just a blank screen when the computer starts... any help out there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-e-random-restart-bsod-bios-rom-checksum-error.41164/
Relevancy 54.18%

So recently I purchased a Galaxy GTX MB video card I was previously using a BFG Tech GTX When I first installed the GPU I was on an ASUS P B Deluxe WiFI Edition motherboard I am now on an ASRock P time) up Bios (slowing Mobo boot up GPU showing BIOS before Extreme motherboard I mention the old mobo because the problem has been the same regardless So I link the issue to the GPU Anywho the new Galaxy card on boot displays it's own Bios information before the mobo Bios page shows up It's actually the first thing I see on my monitor It just simply displays Galaxy Bios version etc etc etc It doesn't last for more than - seconds but I personally feel it's an unnecessary delay Especially since I'm so adamant about computer efficiency and I try to get my boot up times as fast as possible Just a personal hobby I enjoy So I was curious if there is a way to disable this initial Bios screen I did many google searches and couldn't find the problem to a a perfect description Some people did mention that it has GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time) to do with a motherboard conflict but that's why I mentioned bother motherboards One was old and the one I'm on now is brand new I've never purchased a Galaxy card until now so I'm curious if it's unique to their brand I've never updated Bios on a video card before and I'm not sure if it'd cure the problem either Anyone familiar with this situation Thank you Edit I'll take a picture of the Bios screen and post it quick I just thought about doing it but I typed this entire message and I can't do that unless I restart

A:GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time)

It will still have to do it's thing...even if you manage to make it disappear....I have had systems in the past that has done that same thing...if speed is what your after a SSD will do more for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/165700-gpu-bios-showing-up-before-mobo-bios-slowing-boot-up-time.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello As is often the case I left my computer on overnight a couple of nights ago When I woke up there was no response Nothing was coming to the monitor and although the system and cpu fans were still on the HDDs were not receving power Now I ve taken the case of and dug around I can report the following symptoms The obvious one is that the PCs crappy speaker is making a constant medium pitch buzzing noise when the system is powered on This is NOT a beep MOBO? Bios Bios Not or reaching Ami screen even from the ami bios suggesting an error code and even if it was a wierd low beep ami bios a continuous beep isn t part of the ami bios error selection http www bioscentral com beepcodes amibeep htm Indeed I had to hunt around a bit before I realised that the sound was even coming from the speaker at all System fan and cpu fan still come on Nothing to monitor and HDDs don t fire up Likewise no power to optical drives e g pressing open close does nothing I ve tried reseating everything I ve also tried taking away all extraneous hardware soundcard and tv card I ve dedusted and am confident it s not a heat problem I never get heat problems thanks to my trusty zalman The system is self built Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen and years old MOBO battery is about a year old but in any case - this is interesting - taking the battery out and turning on the pc still gets the medium buzzing sound which I gather also means I ve cleared the bios Indeed I removed the CPU itself and the system fires up for a second and then closes down again But even then the buzzing comes on indicating that it s very early on in the process The power supply is about years old and is an antec w I just can t work out what s going on and I m not really even sure what the buzzing has to to with it although the fact that it coincides in time with the problem in general means that it surely is related nbsp

A:Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen

Consider the PSU may have failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ami-bios-or-mobo-not-even-reaching-bios-screen.711089/
Relevancy 51.6%

Have you guys and gals seen this new mainboard from asus http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5WD2 Premium&langs=09

A:New Asus mobo

I will take the new duel core Intel and look at that 8Gb ram max

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-mobo.366670/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an asus p4s533, I need to find the serial number on it, but asus says its located on the box, which is now long gone. There are like 5 stickers on the mobo with numbers and bar code on them, anyone know if one is the serial number, and if so, which one is it and where is it located?

Hope someone can help.
-Dan

A:Asus MOBO ?

download Aida 32 it will tell you the serial number of the mobo under " computer/DMI/Motherboard"

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo.6922/
Relevancy 51.6%

Has anyone heard anything about the Asus PN5-E 650i SLI having problems such as BSOD or system crashes due to ram speeds over 800mhz? This board is supposed to support 1066 and 1333. I don't get why I'm having these problems, except when i run the ram at 667mhz. Someone please help.

Relevancy 51.6%

Have a friend/has a comp that Everest(Aida32) IDd the mobo as Asus ME-99VM/Mes-VM. Well we finally figured it out, ME-99VM is one kind of mobo, and Mes-VM is another kind of mobo, and Everest is seeing his mobo as either/or. Does anyone know what the diff between the two is?, it has a 500mgh Intel Celeron(IDd by Everest) in it now, and he was wanting to see what he could upgrade that to. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 51.6%

undefined

I'm trying to upgrade my AMB Ath 550 on an ASUs K7M MBoard, Slot A, 200 mghz FSb. I'm try to get the fastest cpu for the least amount of money that will work on my current MB. The ASUS manual states that the board is designed for a 242 pin slot A module, PBGA. I have been researching the available cpu's on E-Bay but all the descriptions for Slot A units with 200mghz FSB state that the number of pins are 400+. Does Slot A have different spec's? Also, can I use a cpu with a greater FSB on this MB? Does PBGA have any significance?

Thanks for your help.

A:cpu for ASUS MOBO

The only cpu you can use on that motherboard is the athlon slot A processor. You might find a used processor on e-bay. I believe the fastest slot A that was made was an 850mhz. Depending on the revision of your board you may need to upgrade the BIOS to accept a processor of that speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-for-asus-mobo.226933/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am wondering which is the better buy? For temperature, lifetime, and stability, as it seems both have similar specs. thank you so much for your opinions.

this is the Asus board

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8v-e-d/overview.htm
This is the MSI board

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo4_Platinum&class=mb

Relevancy 51.6%

I would like to upgrade to Windows Vista Premium 32bit. I have an A8N-SLI-SE motherboard.
Can you please tell me if vista drivers are available for this board? I cannot find them anywhere!

Thanks in advance

A:ASUS A8N-SLI SE Mobo

go here and look under others and ATK

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=A8N-SLI SE&SLanguage=en-us

thats the only ones i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-se-mobo.88471/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi m8s, might be able to get a p4 pe board and 512 mb ram cheap. would that be a decent enough board to begin with. your comments would be of great help. also there is a ati radeon 9600 pro graphics card going for 60 is that reasonable. the card is a month old. and the board is 6weeks old. cheers. regards. gboy.

A:asus mobo

welcome to tsg

do u have the processor yet?
if u do, check if the processor is compatible with the mobo

if u dont have the processor yet, first make sure u can get one/ afford one whatever

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo.179013/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey guys im trying to get an old machine built which i mobo ASUS P2B have just having trouble with the software part when i first built it i had two cdroms installed one wouldnt ope and the other one ASUS P2B mobo would anyways i booted from an xp disk and installed xp it ran slow so i decided to find a different os well i just got an ubuntu disk ive been waiting for so i decided to install it by this time i took out the cd drive that didnt open so i stuck in the ubuntu disk and booted up everything works fine RECOGNIZES the cd-rom as a cd drive boot sequence is setup as cd-rom first reads the cd-rom when posting but when it gets to the point to where it asks you to press any key to boot from cd the drive isnt spinning the light isnt blinking and then it says quot boot from cd failure quot WTF i can not figure out what just happened the only changes i made was pulling out the broken cd rom which ive tried booting from cd with it installed again added a network card which i tried boot from cd with it pulled out and put in a different power supply with more watts which i couldnt imagine that being the problem has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it its driving me crazy im going to try some more things later but if you could help that would be nice thank you working cd-rom is set up as master nbsp

A:ASUS P2B mobo

positive..... i ordered the ubuntu from ubuntu so its the disc they made and it worked in my pc. and the xp disc works to, my friend just installed it the other day and its not recognizing it. the weird thing though is if theres no cd in there it says failure instantly but when there is a disc in there it waits a minute or two then says failure. but the whole time the light isnt blinking and its transparent above the top spindle..... and its not spinning. i tried a different disk drive to. but their both older drives, so ill try and find a newer one somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p2b-mobo.127812/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just ordered this Mobo with a 3400 AMD chip. It offers SATA raid. I'm not familiar with raid other than I know it offers a way to back up your system. Where can I get an explanation of what Raid is all about, in particular the Raid that is on this Mobo?

Thanks,

Sherm

A:Asus A8V Mobo

Brief RAID reading: http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html
Click on the RAID levels to see the features of each. Your board only doe RAID-0 or RAID-1. RAID-0 is for performance, RAID-1 is for data redundancy(backup).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8v-mobo.327413/
Relevancy 51.6%

anyone know where i can get an asus p4B mother board with2.0ghz processor, or even just the motherboard alone. i've been all over the net with no luck. not even anything on e-bay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo.328586/
Relevancy 51.17%

I posted this in another section, but no one is helping me out. Hopefully someone here can.

Ok, so from what I understand, windows XP will only see a MAX of 3 gigs. I have a mobo that supports dual channel memory, and so far have 2 sicks of 1gig. I would like to fill the other 2 slots, but can I do it with 2 sticks of 512? Or do I have to exactly match whats in the other 2 slots?

My motherboard is an ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe

This is the ram I currently have....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145034

And these ones have the EXACT SAME voltages and timings, just different speeds. So my question is... could I put these in with 2 sticks of 1gig, for a total of 3 gigs, in dual channel? Or do I HAVE to buy 4 gigs, with the loss of 1.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145040

Thanks for the help. -Dennis

A:Ram question with ASUS mobo

Technically you can throw those (RAM at second URL) in there with your current 2 sticks. It's not best practice to mix and match RAM though. You should try to get your hands on another stick of what you have already. Although, I know it can be tough to hunt down the exact same RAM after you've had it for a while.

The links you provided are broken but I was able to hunt down the 2 I believe you meant to post.

Please verify:

You currently have - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

But you're looking at - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145040

I'm not sure what you're running on your machine to need an extra 1GB of RAM on top of the 2GB you already have. But what kind of performance increase are you expecting to see?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-with-asus-mobo.81644/
Relevancy 51.17%

well, read the topic....

Of the three, which is the best??? I am a hardcore gamer.. I play games like far cry, Tribes: Vengeance, and so on...

Thanks, Zman

A:How do DFI Mobo's compare to MSI and Asus?

From what I hear, DFI is feature packed, and a good board for someone who really wants to OC and squeeze out a few frames out of their system, Not that this can't be done with an ASUS.
On the downside, I have heard that the DFI boards aren't that stable, ever. If you OC, you know how frustrating it can be to have your board lock up as you try to find the perfect settings, and then having to clear the CMOS. (In that respect I would compare it with a Gigabyte board)

MSI is good, my favorite thing about MSI is the documentation that comes with the board, usually everything is explained very clearly and there is no need to guess what the right setting or jumper would be.

ASUS is just a all around great board! You can't go wrong there.
My 939 system uses a Chaintech Zenith VE, also a very nice board and so far I love it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-dfi-mobos-compare-to-msi-and-asus.433039/
Relevancy 51.17%

Bought an Asus Z8NA-D6C Dual Xeon motherboard and is now having problem to get it work. I tested psu, ram and even download the latest bios, the board just don't boot. I having been using a single cpu for testing at all times. Any idea from anyone? Please advise.

Relevancy 51.17%

I need an image (hopefully) or at least an explanation of the connections for an ASUS CUW-AM motherboard. I cant get it from ASUS because it is an HP product. HP mobo name is Amberine-GL6E. Everything on the mobo has been unplugged and the power supply has been unplugged from everything too. Just want to be sure that everything is connected properly before I plug it in and accidentally fry this thing. Any help is appreciated---thanx in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-hp-cuw-am-mobo-images.770265/
Relevancy 51.17%

would a
Intel Pentium D 935 CPU
work
with a
Asus P5K mobo?

A:Solved: PD 935 + Asus P5K Mobo

Yes
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pd-935-asus-p5k-mobo.650499/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am sorry if it was posted before but I couldn t find No mobo Asus post anything regarding No post Asus mobo this My system spec Intel P Ghz HT L Asus P GDC Deluxe x DDR RAM Nvidia XFX PCIe video My system had been hanging up once or twice every day until last week The monitor went black and the PC froze No post Asus mobo but the lights fans were still on I thought the problem would be a PS I had a W PS or b overheating I invested in a new PS W as I got something plugged in in every possible socket and a CPU watercooling system I installed the cooler No post Asus mobo but I kept having CPU temperature in between - C I tried every possible way to lower the temperature but with no success The mobo temperature was on a steady - C Since the CPU temperature was C when I opened a game or DVD app I decided to get rid of the watercoolin and put the HS back in with some improved ventilation in case Everything booted up ok but then went bang My system won t boot and there is NO POST Not a beep The Asus mobo s green led comes on but no response I stripped the system down but everything the same Changed video card cleared cmos etc without success I am really stuck atm as I wouldn t know if a possibly faulty CPU PS wrecked my motherboard Oh yeah I changed the proc as well but the same thing happened I am afraid testing another mobo in case it ll be wrecked again What do you think about that Can a CPU wreck a mobo Or a PS I really did hope that clearing cmos would help but didn t I read it somewhere on these forums to unplug ATX from mobo then remove batteries and leave jumper on for a good while to clear the capacitors I might give it a try overnight and see what happens Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading this nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello ok here s the skinny i was updating the bios of my Asus p c e-deluxe socket p ghz to the latest bios i used the convenient asus flash utility to install the bios without having to boot from floppy etc so i flashed the bios no prob rebooted and get nothing it just so turns out that it will only totally boot up about a third of the time and that no matter how many times i revert back to default mobo borkage asus settings in the bios every time i reboot it says quot overclocking has failed asus mobo borkage revert back to default settings quot or whaterver and im not overclocking it the slightest but get this since the flash my onboard nic has crapped out not like it has a red x on it no my computer doesnt evern realize it has a nic there is nothing in device manager or network connections about a nic so thats the disaster now i am going to try and boot from a floppy and install the bios the old fashion way see if that helps probably not so there it is if anyone can help that would be great im in a world of hurt nbsp

A:asus mobo borkage

Have you tried clearing the cmos? You mobo book will tell you how!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-borkage.59964/
Relevancy 51.17%

ASUS P5GPL mobo
2 x 512mb Corsair valueSelect RAM
2 x 512mb Corsair Ballistix

I recently upgraded my RAM from the existing 2 sticks of 512 valueSelect to two more 512 sticks of Ballistix RAM. When I boot up, my mobo tells me that it can only handle 2 gigs of RAM and that I should consult the manual. Well, the manual tells me nothing useful. When I boot up it says I have 1024mb.

This upgrade should work as I'm not exceeding the recommended amount and the sticks do indeed work with my mobo.

I also noticed that there are LEDs on the Ballistix ram which show red or green seemingly randomly - what are these?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-not-accepting-ram.609970/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I upgraded can get new asus mobo, not video to an asus a n x-x motherboard with an AMD athlon cpu All the other parts were carried over from my old computer I installed the board and my Geforce Mx video card and do not receive any video signal I know the card is good because it worked in a new asus mobo, can not get video friend s computer The system starts up all LED s light all fans spin continously the cdROMS work even the video card fan spins I just do NOT get any video I tried using at least different video cards including one PCI card all others were AGP and still have had no luck I reset the CMOS multiple times I tried switching out the RAM in all different combinations of the three sticks new asus mobo, can not get video I have available including only one in the main slot I have disconnected everything except for the video card There are no beeps when it new asus mobo, can not get video starts up I tried a different powersupply too Basically I have switched out reset and checked everything my friends and I can possibly think of with no luck I highly doubt the board is bad because everything lights up and receives power I am absolutely desperate for help here and will accept try any suggestion that anyone has Me and everyone I talk to can not think of anything else that could possibly be done I read through dozens of threads on this site and others about troubleshooting and have tried everything I can find but to no avail Please help me out nbsp

A:new asus mobo, can not get video

You did not mention it so ,did you try the Display and Cable on a different machine to test.
Welcome to Techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-mobo-can-not-get-video.32953/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi..

Recently purchased a new ASUS mobo (P5B-VM ver. 1.3) and Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 as the core of my new games system..

Everything went together well, was checked, checked and checked again... everything was technically sound.....

EXCEPT! it got past POST (Beep!) and there was nothing... no whizzes, pops or bangs... just silence!!!!

I had resisted in buying the mobo I was gonna buy cos I'd heard that some boards were incompatible, with Core 2 Duo processors, straight out of the box... they were compatible in a sense, just that they needed a BIOS update!!!

So am I one of ASUS' victims then!?!?! I had heard this has been a problem with various users, primarily owners of ver 1.3 mobo's across the whole board of ASUS mobo's.

So is the solution is to just put in another processor, download the BIOS and flash it then change my processor to my intended Core 2 Duo???

Many Thanks

Rob

A:Another ASUS mobo victim!?!?

Dunno, I've built over 100+ Asus systems (including three of your precise model) with absolutely no problems. Building systems requires some degree of savvy and technical know-how in order to investigate and troubleshoot common problems. Throw in the occasional bad or incompatible/cheap hardware (memory, cpu's, psu's, etc.etc.) and best practices overrule assumptions.

I've never had your issue with any revision BIOS in the P5B-VM series with C2D cpu's. As you hear a "beep", this means it is posting so it's something else you have confused or misconfigured. It has integrated video and you're supposed to connect to this for the first boot in order to then configure a discrete PCI-Express card (thus disabling the integrated).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-asus-mobo-victim.70410/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok here's the story I have the Intel Core Duo E running at Ghz I would like to run it at Ghz stable and be able to run it at Ghz stable for gaming purposes I have read around the web of people being able to clock these chips to Gh with ease and some even have it going up at Ghz too So i am not very skilled when it comes OC'ing help ASUS Mobo E8400 with to OC'ing this will be my first OC Could some help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo help me out here I don't know too much about voltages and the other settings that go along side when OC'ing a cpu As of now all i have it change the FSB to acheive Ghz and above but unstable help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo Well any help would be great appreciated My Rig specs are on my profile for those of you who need it CPU Intel Core Duo E Mobo ASUS P N-T Deluxe RAM OCz Mhz PSU W Corsair VGA GTX SLI Please keep it very simple for me as i do not know the entire vocabulary when it comes to talking about OC So simple instructions please Thanks inadvance

A:help OC'ing E8400 with ASUS Mobo

First off you should google Overclocking and find as much about it as possible.

Right were ready to begin The e8400 has a 9X multiplier and a base FSB clock of 333. So 9 X 333 = 3GHZ with 4 X 333 = 1333MHZ FSB.

You want to acheive a 1:1 ratio between your cpu and ram. In your case your ram is 800mhz so a setting of 400 for the fsb is what you want.

RAM = FSB x 2

So 400 x 2 will give you 800mhz

If the E8400's FSB base clock is increased to 400 you get an OC of 3.6GHZ (400 X 9) with a FSB of 1600MHZ (4 X 400).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/220632-help-ocing-e8400-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been reading that it is possible to set a SATA-300 HDD to run at a speed of SATA-150 on boards that support only SATA-150. Is this true? If it is, what do I have to do to set this up so that I can purchase a SATA-300 HDD to work on my mobo that only supports SATA-150.

A:Can I use SATA-300 on Asus K8V-X SE Mobo?

Anyone....?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-sata-300-on-asus-k8v-x-se-mobo.77472/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey, simple question in theory: let a friend borrow my netbook; she forgot to pack the powercord for her trip and with hopeful intentions tried using a printer plug that just happened to be the same size... but different voltage.

As you all probably know, it wasn't good for the computer. Since then it hasn't turned on but someone did mention a potential fail-safe switch that could be on the motherboard, kind of like a a surge protector. When I plug it into the correct plug, none of the lights (charging included) come on, and it won't turn on with the battery fully removed too and at this point I'm out of ideas and hope is running out too.

So, is my 901 fried or is there some amazing recovery trick out there that I'm not aware of?

A:Is my Asus 901 mobo fried?

Howdy,

To be honest it doesn't sound good.....not sure about the fail safe switch....either way needs to be taken apart and maybe be not viable as if the MB is damaged which sound most likely it probably cost more than a new lappy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-asus-901-mobo-fried.1018958/
Relevancy 51.17%

Have a ASUS A8N32-SLI mobo with 2x1GB sticks of Crucial DDR-400 memory running XP Pro SP2 perfect. I have version 1009 of the AMI BIOS. Added 2 more 1GB of the same Crucial id memory, although they do not look physically identical, and booted up. I did not make any BIOS or boot.ini changes.

Belarc Advisor shows 2,288MB of memory with all 4x1GB DIMM's showing.

MS System Info tool shows 4,096MB Physical memory and 1.536GB available.

CPU-Z shows 4,096MB at 200MHz Frequency. For it's SPD all 4 sticks have same timings and max Bandwidth.
However on the two new sticks the mfgr.# is all zero's, the part # is blank and the serial # is all F's.
Everything reads fine for the 2 old sticks.

I understand that XP cannot use ALL the 4GB, but it does not seem to be using ANY of the 2 new GB's. Can someone help me use them.

Relevancy 51.17%

hi

what motherboard is the best of these tree?

asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131405

msi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130239
or
gigabyte: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128400&Tpk=GA-P55-UD4

A:Asus, MSI or Gigabyte mobo?

All 3 are extremely good. We are all a little partial and favour Gigabyte, but IMO go with the one that is cheapest.

I will be building a computer this Wednesday with the MSI GD65. So if you hold out till then I can tell you my impressions of the board then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-msi-or-gigabyte-mobo.136436/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys (and gals),

I've just built a new PC out of the following kit:

ASUS P5P43TD Pro motherboard
Intel Q6600 CPU with
8GB Kingston RAM (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G x 2)
Pair SATA 300GB HDD
Ati X1300 dual monitor graphics card
Coolermaster case with 750W PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

All went reasonably during installation, with a couple of hangs, but completed successfully. Now, however, the setup is really unstable, with BSOD and hangs being too frequent for meaningful use. I saw another thread by josean777 in which he has virtually the same problems with another ASUS board, and also the brilliant reply by devidebyzero suggesting fixes. However, having downloaded the utils suggested, my motherboard is subtly different to josean777's. Does anyone have experience similar to mine?

Cheers,
TheValveDoctor

A:Asus mobo BSOD

Can you describe errors displayed by the BSOD's you are having?

To start with, have you ensured that your RAM is listed in QVL for this board, and is correctly configured (settings/voltage) in the BIOS?

Lastly, I hope someone from admins will move this thread to correct forum i.e. Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-bsod.148205/
Relevancy 51.17%

Vista 64bit
Asus Rampage Formula motherboard
HD 4870 X2 GPU

The sound was fine until recently. Starting a couple of months ago, I would intermittently get no sound after booting up. I would always solve this by disabling AMD High Definition Audio Device under Device Manager.

A couple of days ago, this no longer worked. Over the last couple of days, I have tried nearly everything; I have uninstalled the drivers for both of the sound controllers and reinstalled them countless times, I have installed Realtek HD sound drivers, reinstalled ATI Catalyst, ensuring that the sound driver is being installed, switched to AC97 in BIOS and then back to HD, but nothing seems to work.

This is how the sound controllers appear under Device Manager. I don't understand why there are two. I guess the first is the GPU one?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone i have been having a pb with my computer for a while - when i start it it stays on the green asus mobo page for a really long time before Mobo Asus problem booting and sometimes it does not boot at all I reformated and same thing and my hd s are new - When it boots it works fine for everything but for games all games crach cd ones or downloads between and min i did a stress test on CPU and GPU for over an hour at at the same time and it works fine Thats why i think there is a mobo problem Here is my build -Phenom II cpu - gigs of ddr ram x g -mobo asus m a -em -lc power w psu -saphire raedon gb gddr Asus Mobo problem -HD one WD cavalir blue and one samsung Asus Mobo problem eco energy rmp both gigs - one sata and one ide cd dvd burner -cpu cooler noctua nh-u p well thx beforehand for the help nbsp

A:Asus Mobo problem

Before resorting to any radical hardware change, I would advise you to boot your system with minimum required hardware; i.e. HDD with OS on it; One stick of ram; disconnect dvd as well; if you have onboard vga, you can try using that instead of your graphic card i.e. 4890. Also ensure that system is clean, and see what happens.

Have you tested your system's ram as well with memtest ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problem.143234/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

i need some help. i have just finished puting a machine together, and after installing windows, i find that the MOBO makes a squeeking noise everytime there is some IO interaction, i.e. moving scroll bars, maximise/minimise applications.

im pretty sure its not the PSU/Hardrive.

can anyone please help.

Sailesh

Relevancy 51.17%

I m working on my friend s Asus Problems Mobo computer and was going through many very much needed Asus Mobo Problems updates and Asus Mobo Problems I had got to the bios I went through the asus update exe way everything went smoothly I then restarted the computer The first thing that pops up says to Install Asus Express Gate and some stuff about getting internet access within seconds of starting up your computer I read up on it and downloaded it Burned it to a cd and attempted an install after resetting the cmos so I could change the boot process to CD first Changed it let it boot up normal It then asks to boot into settings or use default bios settings and continue I hit continue and it says quot Installing Asus Express Gate quot I wait for a couple seconds then it gives the message quot Please install Asus Express Gate for internet access within seconds of starting up your computer quot The heck do I do Mobo Asus P Q-SE bios nbsp

A:Asus Mobo Problems

I'm working on my friend's computer and was going through many very much needed updates and I had got to the bios.Click to expand...

What "very much needed updates" are you talking about? You should not unnecessarily try to update the BIOS.

I suggest that you clear the CMOS and then try rebooting your system. Express Gate is not necessary for your PC to function properly. I myself uninstalled it from my PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problems.145750/
Relevancy 51.17%

im wondering is this a good motherboard to use with a athlon x2 6000+?

ty for your help.

A:ASUS M2N-E Sli Mobo Socket AM2.

It's a good board, but there are better ones. The MSI board is better. Also ASUS is very picky about brands of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-e-sli-mobo-socket-am2.81515/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got an ASUS P P S mobo When it boots it does a correct auto-detect of all the drives and the BIOS setup works fine I have a clean new Maxtor sata that I want to format and load up with Win But it never gets to the a drive utility disk Instead after the POST completes I get a red uh-oh popup which says quot Invalid copy Press any key to continue quot Pressing keys does not clear the popup I also won t boot from any other drive including the CD No other information is displayed If I disconnect my c and d IDE hard drives the popup doesn t come up but it still doesn t start the a setup or even display a command prompt The CPU is a brand-new P right out of the box I eMailed ASUS but haven t heard back so I guess they re off for the holidays Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Asus mobo not booting!

You have to enter teh BIOS and change the boot sequence so that it goes something like A, CD-ROM, SATA

The Windows 2000 CD is bootable so you can start off that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-not-booting.190075/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to find an english manual for my MOBO. All I can find is a Chinese one, anyone know where I can find an English 1?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone, I was trying to update the Logo on the BIOS and it didn't program right or something, so my BIOS is all messed up and I get:

System Failed CPU Test

as a voice POST error, so I cannot do anything.

So far, I have tried resetting the BIOS by removing the battery and setting the jumper and back, but that doesn't do anything to help.

I think that it's just not looking for the CPU at the right speed, any suggestions?

Is there a way to disable their JUMPERFREE mode so that I can manually set CPU speed? I couldn't find one yet.

I cannot get into the BIOS or even have anything show up on the screen because the CPU test failed is one of the first tests done, and it stops after that.

Thanks for your help!

A:help w/ ASUS A7V8X mobo

there usually is

a jumper on the motherboard that allows you to reset the bios...............just lift it off and re-insert if applicable

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-w-asus-a7v8x-mobo.6089/
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve had this mobo for about or so years last night i was upgrading the ram i had in my system After trying to start my computer up with the new sticks of ram the power light came on and everything sounded like it was running but nothing was loading My monitar was idle but the light on my CD drive was on The new ram i got had lights that were on it so i know mobo K8S-MX problems ASUS the ram was on because the lights were on My computer now would not turn ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems of by hitting the power button or holding it down so i had to manually unplug it from the back After ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems doing so i switched back in my old ram and now i m getting the same problem The LED on my motherboard is lighting up and when i go to turn on my computer on nothing seems to happen after the lights and fans start running I ve tried clearing the RTC RAM and i tried the USB device wake up nbsp

A:ASUS K8S-MX mobo problems

Please try and clean the RAM slots on the motherboard with a compressed air blast (you can get it in a can). Then try one stick at a time, and in each slot at a time. You might find that one of the slots has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8s-mx-mobo-problems.86574/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello beautifull people A7V8X-X Mobo ASUS I have had a hard day installing my mobo into case and all i get is no POST or any bip what soever ASUS A7V8X-X Mobo THE lid light is on funs speening CPU and power supply cables pluged in I have been building PC so it is not my first time I know about receting the CMOS data with jumpers I have a PC with working parts and I have done swapping parts I have tried to start it with different video cards AGP and PCI I switched few memories that work on my working PC I have new harddrives that I tested and they work fine I have read the ASUS mobo users manual I have tried hard PLease if anyone can tell me if tere is anything I could do beside trashing my MOBO I got it for cheap guaranteed to work I have read online about this POST problema and just don t know if I am doing anything wrong Wil appreciate you so much I have lost my PC in Catrina and beent trying to build one for the longest time Is it alll about destiny nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v8x-x-mobo.46292/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok, so heres the deal. Recently my Asus K8N (AMD socket 754) mobo died on me (possibly becuase of a really bad thunderstorm here) and it left my computer completly useless. Since then I've got a new mobo (Asus A8V - AMD socket 939), a new chip, some more memory, and a new PSU. Here the problem. When I boot it up, it gets to the Win XP load screen and instantaniously restarts. I think this is because the drivers from my old board are conflicting with the new hardware.
My question:
Is there a way for me to get rid of the old drivers and install the new ones without formating my entire drive or buying another Asus K8N board? I really don't want to loose my files, programs, and settings.

Thanks in advance,
Mike S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-problem.574666/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ASUS A7A266 mobo and i have been given 512MB of PC 333 DDR memory, can anyone tell me if i can use it in this motherboard at all???

This url goes someway to explain but doesnt give a deffinate answer.http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/asus_a7a266/a7a266-2.shtml

A:PC 333 MHz DDR With the ASUS A7A266 Mobo

Yes your RAM will work with that motherboard but it will only operate at PC2100 speeds (AKA: DDR266 (I think)).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-333-mhz-ddr-with-the-asus-a7a266-mobo.4622/
Relevancy 51.17%

recently my hard drive crashed on me during a routine defrag, I got a "check disk" error, so i reboot and my comp cant find my OS (win 2000). so i bought a SATA drive and tried a fresh install with XP sp1 and i cant get past the 3rd party driver install ( for the raid controller on the mobo)
so i put another hard drive in (WD IDE) and when i try to install xp i says it doesn't see a hard drive. i went into the bios and i can see it there. the hard drive is set as master and iv checked all connections and cables.
any one know what could cause this? would flashing my BIOS help?

any advice appreciated.
thanx
ASUS A7n8x-e deluxe
amd 2.2
WD caviar 60gig
-WD SATA 200 gig
OS xp sp1

A:asus mobo prob

Hi,

Let's talk about the WD IDE drive. If you have it alone on a ribbon cable, you must remove all jumpers and put it on the end of the ribbon cable in master position. See if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-prob.367196/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

A:Intel 750 on Asus X99-A Mobo

Originally Posted by Submarine

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

I've seen this problem on an older build and the best solution was a new motherboard. It's all about the layout of devices fastened to the board, a microATX board gives less possibilities than a full ATX board. Then I had to get a taller tower case to hold the full ATX board but it worked out better than I planned as I could add a second HDD without interfering with other things. A possibility with the full ATX board is some have 2 PCIe X16 slots.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/27668-intel-750-asus-x99-mobo.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. Yesterday I received my new PC with a Z170-E Mother board and on description it says it has.

1x USB3.1
6x USB3.0
6x USB2.0

How ever I only see 2x 3.0 on the back and 2X 3.0 on top of the case. I also have 2x USB2.0
on the rear.

All I can see is 4X 3.0USB and 2 of those are on the case it self and 2X 2.0USB. Also I do have a x1 usb 3.1

Am I reading the description wrong or looking in a wrong place or are the others hidden?.?. Shouldn't I have 6 of each 2.0 and 3.0?.

Thanks for any help.

asus-z170-e-intel-z170-socket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-675-as

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64346-asus-z170-e-mobo-x6-usb.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an ASUS MB P5WD2 Premium and need some help as to wether I can upgrade from
a Pentium D 830 Dual core to one of the newer Core 2 Duo chips and just what this board might support.

Thanks
Robert

A:ASUS MoBo and FAstest CPU

Sorry, your board does not support any Core series processors.

Here's the CPU support list for your motherboard: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5WD2 Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-and-fastest-cpu.661733/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well I was just wondering what possible upgrades I could put on my asus A V X-X MOBO It s a rather old version and I tried to find the info needed but came home from a sad voyage on that one All I need to know is what better parts could I possibly add to it with the given MOBO and the hardware already installed on it CPU AMD athlon XP MMX DNow at GHz GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce MX with MB VideoRAM SOUND AD SoundMax integrated audio NIC integrated on MOBO HARDDISK WDC WD JB- ETA RAM MB DDR on box it says that it canhave DDR DDR and DDR could Just on put asking I what mobo about my info some asus modules So could someone advise me what best to do when I want to upgrade the performance without getting a new MOBO installed and with the data given I gave this data to the best extend I could cause the MOBO was a bulk version and came with no real manual Thanks in advance Yours Sincerely ThePhantomPain nbsp

A:Just asking some info about what I could put on my asus mobo

http://www.mbreview.com/a7v8xx.php

Asus should have the manual online.

You could get a faster CPU, more ram and a new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-asking-some-info-about-what-i-could-put-on-my-asus-mobo.57529/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hie My aunt had a problem with her PC so she called me over to check it out The PC won t on after pressing the power button I had checked the wiring inside and all looks fine The motherboard was an ASUS forgot to check what chipset was it It had banks for memory modules and five PCI slots if I m not mistaken The processor in it was a P unknown speed Thinking problem mobo ASUS the power ASUS mobo problem supply s faulty I replaced it After replacement it still won t power up I diconnected all drives and left just the soundcard and GPU intact I took out all other memory modules and left one MB DDR inside Still no power But the green LED on the motherboard is on It s on even with the previous power supply I push the power on button the LED comes on the internal fan moves a way little bit then it stops The power supply fan doesn t even rotates Thinking the ASUS mobo problem lead from the power button to the motherboard was loose I had tried shorting the two pins with a jumper and a screwdriver but still no power I m out of ideas Someone help me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-problem.34311/
Relevancy 51.17%

best ram 4 the Asus K8V Deluxe mobo?

A:best ram 4 the Asus K8V Deluxe mobo?

Not to be rude or anything, but have you tried looking at the board on Asus' product pages?

But I'll be nice and tell you that DDR400 is the best ram you can use. You can have 3 sticks of it, and a maximum of 3GB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-ram-4-the-asus-k8v-deluxe-mobo.15087/
Relevancy 51.17%

My buddy has a Asus - P4G8X mobo(533fsb) he's got a 3.06 p4 (800fsb) in it and the bio's is only letting him set it to 1500, when it post it reads 1500 as well, what would cause this to read this at only 1500 (1.5gig) i didn't think the FSB would cause it...Any help?

Thx a ton

A:Asus mobo question...

multiplier or the fsb could be set wrong. check in the BIOS to see what they're set at. i suggest getting a motherboard that supports his 800fsb or he wont be able to utilize the full potential of the processor. or, try checking for a BIOS update that would allow the 800fsb. if there isnt one then a new board would fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-question.11470/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have spent about a week reading through the fixes offered in these great forums but have been unable to fix my system.

I have a ASUS P5E WS Pro mobo. I have tried removing my sound card, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling sound card, reinstalling drivers and all combos of the above and yet I still can't get any sound.

If I play a cd and go into manage audio devices I see the speaker level changing so it is detecting the sound but nothing out of my speakers.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS Mobo - No sound

Do you have sound from the ports built into your motherboard? I would recommend you test this with your add in sound card removed.
I have an Asus P5K motherboard and am using the built in sound.

Let me know

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/94483-asus-mobo-no-sound.html
Relevancy 51.17%

HI,

I am wondering is my MOBO, p5kpl-cm asus, hot swappable or compatible?

A:p5kpl-cm asus MOBO

You want to know if your motherboard is 'hot-swappable'?

Think about it this way, is it possible to remove your motherboard from the computer without affecting the ongoing operation of your computer? Would your computer not mind not having the motherboard for any given amount of time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p5kpl-cm-asus-mobo.906745/
Relevancy 51.17%

Just built a new system for a friend with a ASUS M V-MX SE mobo and everything went mobo no has :( sound SE ASUS M2V-MX new great except for the integrated sound card drivers I used the automated ASUS driver install disc to install all of the ASUS M2V-MX SE new mobo has no sound :( mobo drivers and the sound card drivers seemed to install properly including asking for a reboot but then upon reboot I get nothing I tried downloading the latest drivers from ASUS but had no luck with those either Same thing - install looks fine no sound Sound and Audio Device Properties in the Control Panel shows quot No Audio Device quot Device manager only shows the following under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Drivers Legacy Video Capture Devices Media Control Devices Video Codecs None of the above items offers an quot uninstall quot option There is one item listed in the device manager under quot Other Devices quot as quot PCI device quot with a yellow question mark I m assuming that is the sound card because I have no other hardware installed that is not accounted for I tried manually assigning the sound card drivers to that unknown device but it wouldn t take Note that the sound card is not PCI and I have no cards in any PCI slots I checked the BIOS and the onboard audio is enabled The only thing I noticed that I could think of might have anything to do with this problem is that the Realtek website says that this sound card was designed for Windows Vista and this system is running on Windows XP Pro but I didn t think that would matter The drivers I downloaded from ASUS were listed as XP drivers but I did notice that there were two Vista folders but no XP or folders in the unzipped file I downloaded Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there,

Can anyone give me advice on DDR memory compatibility with my ASUS P4P800S-X motherboard please?

I currently have 1 GB of PC2100 266mhz memory in my system but I want to upgrade. I can only afford a stick of 1GB Kingston DDR400 PC3200 serial number KVR400X64C3A/1G which (I hope) will work on its own in this mobo. I want to know if I could mix the 2 sorts of memory (DDR400 & 266Mhz) to give me 1.5 GB of memory. Next month i will buy another 1GB stick and replace the 512MB PC2100 so this is only a short -term problem.

Thanks for the advice.

A:Memory compatibility with ASUS Mobo

check the compatible list on ASUS site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-with-asus-mobo.109925/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

After installing the ASUS A8N SLI Premium Mobo with 2.4 AMD Socket 939 CPU, Corsair 2x512mb Memory and the 120gb WD hard drive, & the ASUS 6600 GT video card.

the system does not boot up with video.
the fan and the DVD rom and the hard runs but what do i need to do to get this fix.

What could be happening? any help will work. thanks

A:No video after installing the Asus Mobo

Try another external Monitor
Or follow the No Post Tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-after-installing-the-asus-mobo.113199/
Relevancy 50.74%

pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&subsys_85051043&rev_09

Hey guys, this machine doesn't show a model number, I went to pci database which led me to here:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=5&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168%3Cbr%3ERTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D%28L%29%3Cbr%3ERTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E%3Cbyr%3ERTL8168E/RTL8111F/RTL8411%3Cbr%3ERTL8111G/qRTL8111GUS%20%3Cbr%3E%20http://www.sony.it/support/it/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/win7downgrade_sve_8320/SVE1513G1

but I don't know exactly which driver I should download, help please?

A:Need windows 7 driver for ASUS mobo

Download the one for Windows 7 and Server

Win7 and Server 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1801793)

2016/1/25

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606236/need-windows-7-driver-for-asus-mobo/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am at my wits end on this one I need help before I go completely insane mobo Dual w/ Asus Monitor Working on building a nice little computer for my personal use its a true Frankenstin Monster to begin with My mobo Dual Monitor w/ Asus mobo is an ASUS P SGX-MX socket The on-board grpahics card is the standard SiS I installed a left over NVIDIA GeForce MX MX given to me by a friend for free I would like to have two monitors working at the same time on this PC Here's what I've done so far please bear with me its hours pass my bedtime and I am delirious with fatigue In the bios I set the onboard as the primary and the monitor on the right works the display adapter in Windows XP Pro only shows the SiS adapter and not the GeForce In the bios I set the primary to AGP and the monitor on the left works but the one on the right does not Windows shows the GeForce adapter but not the SiS In the bios I set the primary to PCI and get the same results as setting it to the AGP as above I know I have the monitor resolutions the same on both but I also noticed that with which ever monitor working the IRQ is automatically set to is this a problem Has anyone been able to get dual monitors to work with this mobo

A:Dual Monitor w/ Asus mobo

welcome

i believe you need a video card that has dual screen outputs.
or

check out video splitters here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-monitor-w-asus-mobo-83722.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Asus P Nd Mobo with a mobo SLI Asus Headache P5Nd2 Evga GT MB in SLI mode with a Sparkle GT MB Asus P5Nd2 mobo SLI Headache video card Hardware Specs W power supply generic and gonna be replaced GB Corsair ValueRam EIDE Harddrive yea I know SATA is better Windows XP Home SP Heres my what Happened I had the Sparkle working by itself and puchased quot Supreme Commander quot I decided that I wanted a little more performance and got the Asus P5Nd2 mobo SLI Headache EVGA for SLI awesome graphics When supreme commander was first installed I was having sound driver issues with the game the latest nforce DRIVER UPDATE fixed that I then installed the EVGA by first swithing the mobo thingy over to Dual mode connecting the extra power supply on the mobo then inserted EVGA into slot and attached mobo supplied SLI Bridge With the sparkle drivers installed it would recognize that I had vid cards and could go SLI but it would NOT let me enable SLI WIth the NEWER Evga drivers the computer nview control panel would not recognize that I had cards and could go SLI What do I do now BTW the Nvidia site is not helpfull nbsp

A:Asus P5Nd2 mobo SLI Headache

Well, that shouldn't work at all. SLI cards really should be from the same manufacturer. They won't be guaranteed to work unless they came from the same company. Return the EVGA and get a second Sparkle, or get a second EVGA and ditch the sparkle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5nd2-mobo-sli-headache.71821/
Relevancy 50.74%

Replaced old MB with ASUS P3B-F. With power cord plugged in, the power supply fan is on and the power led for the MB is on. When the power on switch is pushed only the hdd power on led is lighted. System does not start.

Is there a possibility that the power supply is the culprit?

Can you give troubleshooting tips?

A:ASUS P3B-F Mobo wont power on

Is that a socket 370 mobo? If it is, it might be broken just due to old age, and even if it's not, I have to say it's time to upgrade to a newer socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p3b-f-mobo-wont-power-on.70535/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok for a while now ive been trying to figure out whats causing all my hardware to give me blue screens everytime i play games, so many things cause it.
then i decided to read reviews on my motherboard its about 3 months old, it got a bad one, says it has so many memory problems, so yes im gonna now have to fork out for a new one GRRR

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v880-mobo-piece-of-sh-t.44242/
Relevancy 50.74%

Just a quick note really,if any one has the above Mobo with the Xteme gamer sound card when you lose sound if you check the screen that come's with the mobo,9 times out of 10 i have found out that it has muted itself ???? Weird !!

Is there anyone else with this problem ??

And can it be rectified ???

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/95904-asus-p5b-vista-premium-mobo-xi-fi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using a ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard with a VIA VT1708S Audio chipset which I have been unable to get to work successfully with my 5.1 Surround Sound. I am using Windows 7 RC 7100 and I DO HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS (for vista 64). I have even tried not using the latest drivers, but I end up in the same place. The standard jack for 2.0 speakers DOES WORK, it's just the surround sound jacks that do not. This audio chipset seems to only have problems with ASUS motherboards (learned this from the VIA forums), so I'm assuming it's an ASUS problem. I've done everything I know how to do, and I am getting nowhere. Any advice here would very tremendously useful.

A:No 5.1 Sound (Asus mobo/VIA audio)

Step back to the previous version of the drivers... or two or three previous versions... you will be surprised at how often that works..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-5-1-sound-asus-mobo-via-audio.132771/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I've built a PC using an Asus P5G41T-M mobo w/ an HDMI connector. I'm currently using an nVidia GT220 hooked to a Dell monitor at 1920x1080 (VGA). I can't seem to get the PC to recognize the HDMI port. The manual is pretty slim and only mentions that an HDMI port exists. On the Asus web site (after filling out lots of extraneous info) I was able to register and check out their 'support' forum. Not much help there. There was a small article about the HDMI working only if there was nothing plugged into the (onboard) VGA or DVI. I'm not using any onboard video, I'm using the nVidia. Is there some setting in Win7 that I need to check? I generally use Linux, but this is a PC I will be using for video editing (converting old VHS tapes to DVD).

TIA.

A:HDMI not recognized on Asus mobo

wftomlin, welcome to the Seven Forums.

There is nothing you can do in Windows (or Linux for that matter) to get around what you are trying to do, it is entirely a hardware/bios issue. Not sure what is in the paper manual but the PDF version from here,

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5G41T-M

has enough to go on for the most part. The problem is that in a lot of cases the onboard video gets disabled when a video card is detected, and usually not much that can be done about it. In the case of your motherboard it may be possible if you go into the bios to the Chipset section and set the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" to [PEG/IGD],

No promises but that should allow for the onboard video to be used at the same time as the video card.

P.S. Does your GT 200 not have a HDMI port as well? If it does and you only have one monitor connected to the card, you can use it instead of trying to get the one for the onboard video to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/173983-hdmi-not-recognized-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My parents computer crashed on them (MOBO failure) so I was going to connect their hard drive to my computer to retrieve their files. I have an Asus K8V SE MOBO with and PATA hard drive. My parents hard drive is a SATA drive. I cannot get the computer to recognize the SATA drive. This seems to be a common issue with this MOBO can someone please help me? Thanks

A:Asus K8V MOBO with Sata HDD Problems

Install Driver ...
If driver is not the issue Update the BIOS ...
ASUS

cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-mobo-with-sata-hdd-problems.98064/
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus A7N8X-VM/400 Mobo Problem/ Random Rebooting

Got this new mobo , Running a AMD 1800+ XP CPU . clocks at 1.55 Gig, and running 768 Megs PC 2100 DDR RAM.
This thing has a bad habbit of shutting down when I try to do something like install a program or click on a web link,
Has anyone had the same problem as me?
ASUS tech support would not call back of coarse...
thanks in advance...

A:Asus A7N8X-VM/400 Mobo Problem

Welcome to TechSpot

Looks like you may have a weak powersupply. Please provide us with your PC-specs, especially the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-vm-400-mobo-problem.11687/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a signal problem with my asus p4v8x mobo. i fitted my processor etc. but when it is powered up everything works fine i.e led power light working, cpu working,etc. the problem is no signal , not even post shows. i am using a p4 northwood 2,66 chip, 1gig ram, xp os, the same components working fine on my asrock mobo. maybe the asus mobo only supports prescott p4 chips. iwould appreciate assistance with this issue. regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4v8x-mobo-problem.46004/
Relevancy 50.74%

does anyone know the "DIP" switch settings for a ASUS D33005?
Any help would be greatly apprieciated

Thanx,
Cyperus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-d33005-mobo-settings.73814/