Windows Support Forum

Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Q: Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 90.3%

I see the red light for all of a second, like it's turning on when I press the power button, then nothing happens. No CPU fans or anything start during that 1 sec. Each subsequent time I press the power button NOTHING happens. If I unplug the machine and let it power cycle then it turns on for 1 second.

I was thinking it's the PSU going bad, this seem like the right thing. I have an extra one at home that I can try it with. Anyone else have any suggestions as to what it might be?

A:PC shuts off immediately after turned on

I would agree the ps is the most likely cause. One thing you want to stop right now is attempting to pw ON the system with a failed pw supply. It is highly likely that you will damage/destroy other parts of the system.

Swap in a known good pw supply and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-off-immediately-after-turned-on.722844/
Relevancy 79.12%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 73.53%

My HP computer shuts off the minute you turn it on. I have reseated the memory, thinking they were loose, changed the supply cord several times and put in a new battery-still shuts off right as soon as you turn it on.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

A:computer shuts off immediately

In all probability the shut down is related to a failed internal component. Most times it is the fan, if it is jammed full of lint it probably is the issue, or it might have just failed completely. Using canned air or the like blow in from the side, if you see lots of lint fly out the bottom or stuff flopping about in there you will need to take it apart and clean it out. Failing that replace it. If that still does not fix the issue then there is a bigger problem, like a failed CPU or Main board

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shuts-off-immediately-1023458.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey all,
I have a PCChips M830LR mobo with Athlon XP 1800 with a 300W power supply. When I start the computer the lights will come on with no harddrive activity. And after around 3 seconds it shuts down. I have reseated everything, and tried removing everything with the same results. So I'm thinking this is either Power Supply, Processor, or Motherboard. I have tried clearing CMOS to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Relevancy 72.67%

Starting last night, whenever I start up my computer, it takes substantially longer to load than normal, but that's not my issue. Immediately after all of my start-up programs finish loading, my computer shuts down. I have tried restoring, resetting, and repairing Windows, but it says something about not being able to find a certain file to repair? I'm somewhat new to this stuff so please help if you can. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594908/computer-shuts-down-immediately-after-startup/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi. I updated Spybot and then when I started to run Spybot my Toshiba laptop immediately shut down. I started it again and the same thing happened. I tried using safe mode but it shut down again. Can I use the recovery console and if so, how? I just spent days doing my taxes and will kill myself if I can't get into this computer again. Please give me any ideas. ANYTHING to fix this !!!Thanks so much.

A:Computer starts then immediately shuts down!

Can you get a stable safe mode with command prompt?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=943085I would try system restore first

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205336/computer-starts-then-immediately-shuts-down/
Relevancy 72.67%

When I try to turn my computer on, it immediately shuts off. I've made sure the memory sticks are securly seated and even put in a new battery. Still nothing.  Can someone give me a clue as how to get it going? It has windows xp,Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

A:When I turn on my computer it immediately shuts off.

My initial suggestion is the power supply. Can you substitute it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579978/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-it-immediately-shuts-off/
Relevancy 71.81%

After researching into everything I believe I got the Battle Sentry virus I went to PCHell com and followed the directions to removing everything but I can't complete it Malicious files in my HijackThis log doesn't seem to be effected by Serious BattleSentry. immediately. computer virus. Shuts down KillBot when I try to delete it Also when I log on when I'm not in safe mode I get an odd errors message and I believe things on my computer start redownloading itself implementing the virus over again If anyone can help I couldn't thank them enough This virus is seriously hindering my business and Serious virus. BattleSentry. Shuts down computer immediately. I'm desperate Thank you so much Below is an e-mail I was attempting to send to merijn spywareinfo com from HijackThis but it was returned immediately Hi Can you please tell me how I Serious virus. BattleSentry. Shuts down computer immediately. can get rid of this virus on my computer I tried to delete a few of the files below with KillBot but KillBot is unable to delete some of the files ipv monl perfc date a dxx etc I've ran HijackThis and ran a fix CCleaner and Ewida and Spybot Search and destroy Thank you so much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Monica My Documents HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO MorpheusToolbar BHO - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO Plugin - C CD -E - -A E- EC A AE - C Program Files Web Buying v webbuying dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Morpheus Toolbar - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run AS Gear T C Program Files NETGEAR WG TSU Utility Gear T exe -hide O - HKLM Run VerizonServicepoint exe C Program Files Verizon Servicepoint VerizonServicepoint exe O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OS... Read more

A:Serious virus. BattleSentry. Shuts down computer immediately.

*Bump.*

Desperate. Time is of the essence.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/serious-virus-battlesentry-shuts-down-computer-immediately-155654.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, I run a macbook pro 13" with 2.5GHZ pcu and 2.7GB RAM. I have Windows XP installed via Boot Camp.
Sometimes when I plug in regular headphones or plug/unplug AC power, the computer will shut down immediately. No warning, no "shutting down" screen, just OFF.
Took my computer to the store, they ran test, they verified it's not a hardware issue. They looked very confused and seemed like they didn't know what else to do, and I needed to get back to work so I took my computer back. But I need to know what is happening here, it is very dangerous for my computer.
Malwarebytes and AVG scans showed no problems.

Any ideas? Thank you.

A:computer shuts down immediately when I plug in headphones

It could be electrostatic discharge (ESD), like the little zap you get sometimes when touching something after walking across carpet, especially when the humidity is very low. Try to notice if the computer shuts off when you just touch the headphone or power adapter plugs to the computer before it is actually plugged in. If it does, that is probably what is happening.

Its just a guess, but I have damaged a couple of computers at home by this from plugging in USB thumb drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-immediately-when-i-plug-in-headphones.1090124/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello IMMEDIATELY Left-clicking computer...Need sometimes mouse Help! down shuts everyone I ve been experiencing a very strange problem Left-clicking mouse sometimes IMMEDIATELY shuts down computer...Need Help! I can be working on my computer for a few minutes or a few hours and then when I left-click my mouse to open a file or to save a game or to do just about anything my computer immediately turns itself off by which I mean it completely shuts Left-clicking mouse sometimes IMMEDIATELY shuts down computer...Need Help! down and I must turn off the main power supply switch wait minutes or more turn the switch back on and then turn on my front-panel power-on button to Left-clicking mouse sometimes IMMEDIATELY shuts down computer...Need Help! restart my computer This problem is happening more and more frequently and is starting to cost me a lot of time and I m simply clueless Does anybody have any idea why left-clicking a mouse to have a computer perform a task like saving a file would cause the computer to immediately shut down and power itself off Your help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Computer components - Dual-boot Windows XP Professional -bit with Service Pack and Windows Professional -bit with Service Pack - Asus Motherboard P X -E WS - Intel i - Quad-Core Processor GHz - Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B CPU Cooler - x CORSAIR Vengeance GB DDR PC - Mushkin MKNSSDRE TB Reactor TB SATA III Gb SSD - Crucial M TB SSD - Crucial M GB SSD - MSI RX GB GDDR Gaming X Twin Frozr VI graphics card - SeaSonic X- SS- XM W ATX V EPS V SLI Certified PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - Corsair Carbide Series Air High Airflow ATX Cube Case - Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630689/left-clicking-mouse-sometimes-immediately-shuts-down-computerneed-help/
Relevancy 70.95%

My computer sometimes crashes without any indication and I would like to know why I am currently using a refurbished Dell Studio laptop and the computer rarely but annoyingly crashes without shutting down displaying a blue screen or having the quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot popup Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials have returned no results upon scanning I do not believe this is an overheating problem as the computer has never felt hot while using it and I don t believe this is an issue with the power supply either immediately random computer off at Windows shuts intervals 7 since the battery still works Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Windows 7 computer immediately shuts off at random intervals Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Windows 7 computer immediately shuts off at random intervals D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-computer-immediately-shuts-off-at-random-intervals.1141262/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, i've been having problems in the last few days, i recently upgraded the videocard and psu of my system to a 650w unit and a geforce 560 gtx card.It worked fine for about a week then suddenly im hit with lag everywhere i turn.I am now unable to watch videos/play games because of this.But before i go out and send my card back i would like to know for sure anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 70.52%

Got this corruption in my display after about 2-3 hours of MW2 last night. This is the worst it's been so far, started as missing or incorrectly colored textures, started getting video lag during that session last night and then what you see in the picture.

This seems to have started when I built my new system but I think that may be because the old one wasn't PCIe 2.0 so it never really stressed the card...

A:Does this look like a faulty video card?

Looks like it is overheating might want to check the fan on the card and cooling on your system

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64340-does-look-like-faulty-video-card.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently bought and installed an ATI radeon 9550 256mb video card. Although there are no obvious problems with it whilst playing certain games Battlefield 2 for example the graphics get extremley glitchy and the game seems to run slow do you have any advice on what I can do??????

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a geforce 6100 that seems to be faulty. I got a new motherboard about 6 months ago and ever since it hasn't worked the same. When i play videos, there is something funny about them. It plays sometimes but then i go to minimize it and re open it and its only in one small corner of the screen. I have all the codecs plus driver updates. The only way it works well is wehn i turn the acceleration down to none. ALthough the screen is very blurry when it is full screen. I have also brought it to the shop and they "couldnt find anything".

The only thing i can think is faulty card and they do not wanna play for a new one. It is integrated int he motherboard.
ANy other options, ideas?

Thanks Josh

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all I tried everything laptop start immediately Computer down 6810, won't 6700 :( up shuts or almost HP DV possible doing all the research on the net as possible and seeking HP tech support Basically my laptop Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediately won't start anymore When I startup the computer it just abruptly shuts down after -minutes I tried reseating the RAM the Hard drive other things HP told me but all to no avail I am not exactly what is wrong with it Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediately but it seemed to have the same identical problem as this link http www laptoprepair com laptop and-shuts-down I have basically given up I think I had one of these sent in when I had my warranty and HP supposedly fixed it My whole life is on this computer I was thinking of getting another comp if I can't fix this I don't know what is wrong with it but what would happen to all the valuable materials and software on it I have the hard drive still Is there a device they sell I can hook up my hard drive as an external hard drive if I plugged it in with a device or something Thank you so much for reading my bantering message but I hope someone can give me some insight and what they think is wrong It is weird it just starts up and shuts down Thanks again for any of your assistance and time beforehand

A:Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediately

Have you tried booting into Safemode?
You can buy a external USB enclosure for your hard drive.

Such as this. 2.5" USB 2.0 IDE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE HDD CASE PC LAPTOP on eBay (end time 01-Jan-10 21:30:33 GMT)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264841-computer-wont-start-up-hp-dv-6700-6810-laptop-shuts-down-almost-immediately.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Now this is obviously on another computer Anyways heres what happened I m using the computer today playing counter-strike im just standing and then I walked and the game screen had multi colored lines on it and then it froze completely no buttons worked or anything And the screen was all multi colored and then it went to a blue screen from windows but I couldnt make out what it said I think it said something about hardware So then I re boot and i m watching a movie and it freezes again With the same line completely freezes So card help video I fryed immediately, Need think then I re-boot and I do an online virus scan and it did the same line thing and locked up I was running into the same problem last week but I used a electronic cleaner and it cooled down all the hardware real well and it didn t have a Need help immediately, think I fryed video card problem So I checked the pc health status in BIOS right before it completely gave out and it said degress Celcius Which tells me somethings really hot Anyways I took apart Need help immediately, think I fryed video card the PC and I tryed booting it up and I just got Need help immediately, think I fryed video card the power on but no beep So I take out the video card and walla sp I get the power on beep everytime even though it sounds a little bit longer since its probably looking for the video card So I plug the video card back in and plug in the monitor nothing displays and no power on beep And its been that way since earlier today So I figure either the monitor or video card even though the video card looks absolutely fine and the fan still works on the card so its obviously getting power Anyways I need some serious help with the PC Please anyone with a suggestion please post up Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

I just got a brand new asus p5nd2 SLI Deluxe motherboard and i installed everythign but when I turn on the computer it will start up and then shut down after only a few seconds somtimes it will get past the boot screen somtimes it will let me into the bios but only for a few seconds but it is very sporadic all my computer parts are new so i dont know what is the matter could it be the power supply or is the motherboard bad could someone give me some suggestions on how to fix this or what the problem is.

A:Computer shuts down after turned on

You might try a PSU tester (http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=77003)

Sounds like a bad PSU or something overheating, but if nothing is overclocked and I doubt it is since it is a new system lets start there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-after-turned-on.390310/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I have recently been on holiday, I have not used my computer for around a month or a month and a half, before that my computer has been working fine. I have recently turned it on as I have some programs installed that I require, when I boot it up after a few seconds it will turn off automatically and I do not know what is causing the issue. The computer is Custom Built:

Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM

Zotac 9800GT 1GB Synergy Edition DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card

Antec Basiq Power 500W PSU - 20+4pin 2x SATA 1x PCI-E 5x Molex

Motherboard
Brand: ECS
Model: GF8100VM-M5

Processor
AMD Phenom X4 9500

I dont think I hear any beeps

A:Computer Shuts down when turned on

Go into Bios and look into your voltage readings mainly the 12+ readings post here. I suspect an under powered psu with your quad core cpu and graphics card they might be taxing the psu, including any other devices you may have installed.

Also clean all fans, and heatsync with a can of compressed air, and check temp readings in bios?
Is your cpu overclocked?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-shuts-down-when-turned-on-656283.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I was trying to play a game called World of Warcraft Everytime I tried to logon my game would crash and there would be a vpu recovery I thought it was just a game issue at first I then tried to play wc which was installed on my primary slave My primary slave Video Slave Ram, Faulty card? HD, also has windows and other drivers ati drivers sound drivers etc from my old computer i never formatted before I put Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card? it as a primary slave Warcraft kept giving me errors minutes into game I was starting to worry it was a video card issue So I installed counter strike tried playing seconds into game my computer froze and now my computer keeps restarting when its trying to load windows xp I went into bios and tried to disable my primary slave but when i did that my computer kept asking me to boot from cd even tho my primary boot device was hard disk Please help i just got this new computer after being weeks computerless So could anyone help me identify the problem here At first I thought it was just a game problem but one of the games i tested was installed on my primary slave and the game was installed on my old computer then after all my games kept crashing it could ve been a video card problem not windows wont even start up Could this be due to my primary slave conflicting issues with my new hd my specs are Mother Board MSI K N NFORCE Video Card Ati Radeon mb CPU Amd bit Master HD Western Digital gig hd sata with windows xp Primary Slave Samsung gig hd with windows drivers everything from when it was installed in my old HP computer RAM Rosewill -Pin MB DDR PC Unbuffered nbsp

A:Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card?

please check your cpu temp and post it. your cpu seems to be overheating when playing games.
if you are comfortable opening your computer, check your cpu fan if it is seated properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-slave-hd-ram-video-card.312791/
Relevancy 69.66%

i turned on my Pavillion a1450n to find that when it booted up, the screen was covered in little green lines, but the boot screens were still somewhat readible. there were also flashing green letter "K"s all over the screen. i tried reseating my video card, and checking the all cables and monitor cords. i also tested it out on two monitors...same result. any suggestions before i go out and by another video card?

A:faulty monitor? video card?

My bet, bad video card because you are seeing it on the post screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-monitor-video-card-207585.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 69.66%

I think i have a faulty video card, my computer will randomly restart when im installing new programs... any type of program, it will restart when its copying files during instalation. when it restarts the monitor wont turn back on. i have to shut the computer off for like a minute or two, and then turn it back on and sometimes the monitor will turn on, sometimes it wont. i have the latest drivers for my ATI radeon 7000. I am runing XP can anyone shed some light on this?

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello - I just installed a new video card after my previous one died It's a Radeon HD Now a couple seconds after I login it goes BSOD without fail Though the login screen and couple seconds of desktop I see are in high resolution so I assume the drivers are working at least a little It runs fine in safe mode so I wiped my old drivers with driversweeper and reinstalled the latest from ATI but still BSOD when I reboot out of safe mode I was afraid it could BSOD login new card. with immediately video on be the PSU as mine barely meets the minimum requirements but I don't think that makes sense since it crashes when the card is idling and I presume not drawing much power Specs and attachments below Windows bit freshly installed maybe months ago -yr old hardware Intel Core Duo E XNX Radeon HD Gigabyte GA-EP -UD R Mobo W OCZ PSU Can anybody suggest what I can do Much appreciated

A:BSOD immediately on login with new video card.

Well, I got it working, so I can withdraw my request.

I didn't realize I needed the drivers from XFX rather than the ATI site. It seems to work with the ones that came on the disk. I just assumed I should download fresh ones from ATI for best results. My mistake!

Of course the XFX link to the latest drivers is broken, so I'll stick with the old ones that came on the disk and hopefully won't hit any problems until they fix their link.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-immediately-on-login-with-new-video-card-616528.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer hard drive(ATA) was clicking and then the computer would shut down when turned on. I have just put a new Hard Drive(SATA ) in and now when I turn on there is no clicking but the the computer still shuts down after a few seconds. I did notice (when I was putting in the new hard drive) that the NBFAN1 (Northbridge Chipset fan) support system cooling fan would not turn freely (no power on) and I wondered if that could cause the computer to shut down after a few seconds?
The motherboard is a MSI MS-7125 ATX
thanks widnesian.

A:Computer Shuts Down after a few seconds of being turned on

do you have an extra PSU sitting around? I'm wondering if it was your HD that was the initial cause or is it possible something else like the PSU isn't causing the issues. Any burn spots on the MB anywhere - top or bottom?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-after-a-few-seconds-of-being-turned-on.952063/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all,

When I turn on my computer, it stays on for a couple seconds then shuts down, the monitor never activates so I cannot get into the BIOS. There are no beeps when I turn it on. The first time I booted it up since I put in the new processor, RAM and video card, there was a loud pop on the first boot, I have no idea where it emanated from.

Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I'll try to explain my problem the best way I can I've having trouble running games for quite sometime now Games like BFBC Mafia II Dead Space - mostly modern games that take up more CPU GPU usage When I my crashes) it Is something or card (game else? faulty, video run these games they either crash windows says they stopped working the AMD Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) driver Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) stops working or in some rare cases the system freezes I've pretty much tried everything reinstalled drivers reformatted etc The only time I can really get any stable game play is if I don't OC my CPU which is strange because I'm not OCing my CPU like hardcore - the max I OCed is GHz v I de-clocked to GHz v since I had the same problem months ago but this week I've been getting the same problems I had before and I didn't change ANYTHING at all so now I'm running standard clocks on my CPU GHz Raising the voltage on the CPU didn't help at all when OCing I went all the way up to v- v and nothing still crashes etc The reason I'm asking if either something is wrong with my GPU is because when games crash on my system my entire computer starts acting up the graphics pictures in games become distorted kinda like artifacts on defected GPU and the sound becomes all static like feedback I can't explain it - it's weird I have to reboot my PC in order to fix it Also I get the quot Display driver has stopped working quot in some occasions usually when I play dead space My CPU nor my video card are overheating - the max temp my CPU has gone is - c and my video card is - c This pic shows pretty much what happens after a game crashes and try to play it again http img imageshack us img jpg So should I RMA my card or could it be something else click on my system specs below my name

A:Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes)

Quote:
the graphics/pictures in games become distorted (kinda like artifacts on defected GPU)

This is a clear sign of a defective GPU
RMA it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/137681-my-video-card-faulty-something-else-game-crashes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, while trying to change display settings on XP without thinking I turned off video card and restarted computer, now I have no display on moniter after the XP logo goes off. Does anyone no how to turn it back without a screen? I have tried narrator but gave up

Relevancy 67.08%

I have XP with all the updates The computer s several years old now I ve a relatively new Canon Pixma MP connected via USB When I turn off the printer my computer restarts It s the same when I computer Connected off. printer when Pixma- down shuts USB turned Canon unplug the cable I checked I have the latest driver for the printer I tried it USB Connected Canon Pixma- computer shuts down when printer turned off. with another USB cable Today I went out and bought a PCI USB card I installed it it works I disabled the onboard USB The problem continues- shutting off the printer still restarts the computer I m out of ideas and currently out of luck Edit- The problem s worse than I thought Or it s two problems Recently my USB mouse started acting up It stops working periodically several times an hour or even a couple of times a minute it varies and I have to unplug it and plug it back in I thought it was working again with USB Connected Canon Pixma- computer shuts down when printer turned off. my new card but it is not I don t use a power strip to turn the printer on and off thanks USB Connected Canon Pixma- computer shuts down when printer turned off. for the suggestion though nbsp

A:USB Connected Canon Pixma- computer shuts down when printer turned off.

Do not use a power strip to control the printer, use the printer's own Power button. The printer button, unlike the power strip button, initiates a shut down procedure that parks the print head where it won't dry out. This is the case with the MP950, Canon claims. - http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRINT/MP950/MP950.HTM

Not sure if that'll help but lets hope it does.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-connected-canon-pixma-computer-shuts-down-when-printer-turned-off.563887/
Relevancy 66.22%

My motherboard is an ASUS P4P8Z SE
Graphics card AMD/ATI Radeon X300 SE

The video on my screen shuts off and it doesn't even make it past the start up screen (black screen). I try to go in safe mode but it never makes it to there before video shuts off. I'm wondering if it's my video card since I do play an online game and this is just a basic card. My gf recommended that I change the video card awhile ago. Is it possible it burned out? It was working fine yesterday. I don't want an extremely expensive one since this is an old computer and I will be getting a new one in another year or so. Is there any way I can get to safe mode before the screen shuts off?

A:Solved: Video shuts down just before login screen..is video card dead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-shuts-down-just-before-login-screen-is-video-card-dead.1005037/
Relevancy 65.79%

I accidently turned off my video card, and now have no video output. How do I restore video output?

I am able to get into the Setup when the machine boots, but don't know what to do.

The computer is an old (circa 2003) Compaq Presario with an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 graphics card. Windows XP.

Please help

A:I turned off my video card, how do I turn it back on?

I accidently turned off my video card,Click to expand...

do you know what you did

try booting in safemode

hit F8 as it boots
then a menu appears
choose safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-turned-off-my-video-card-how-do-i-turn-it-back-on.757943/
Relevancy 65.79%

Whenever I play a movie or a game, after about 20 mins or so the display stops working. On some occasions the computer will just shut off. I have ran a AIDA64 benchmark test on my machine with all hardware devices and the system performs well. (Test ran for 5 hours +) I also checked my cpu temperatures and when I do play a movie or game temps rise into the 75C + range. I have replaced my power supply with a(thermaltake 600w tr2) and even bought a ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa 92mm FSB cooler to help but still no solution to my problem. I also tried putting in a pci-express video card and the problem still happens.

A:Computer display shuts off/computer shuts down. During video tasks.

75c isnt hot hot, but is a little hot for watching movies.

what cooler do you have on your cpu? and what are the idle temperatures?
also how long do they take to recover from the highest to the lowest temp?

this could be something as simple as poorly applied thermal compound.

im not saying it is over heating its just one possibility.
especially if youve a cpu with a built in apu and not a discreet gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318125-computer-display-shuts-off-computer-shuts-down-during-video-tasks.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey there first off I have to give fair warning that I don t know a lot about the technical terms when it comes to computers but I know enough to Video down shuts randomly card get my around Anyways as of days ago my computer started having problems where I d be in the middle of surfing the net or playing a game and the monitor would shut off then right after the whole computer would freeze up I first thought it was a overheating problem so I got Speedfan and saw my CPU was running anywhere between C when it wasn t being used to almost C when I had multiple programs running So I went and bought some Video card randomly shuts down AS applied only a small even layer about the size of a grain of rice then tried it again but the same problem happened So next I tried messing w the power supply thinking maybe it was the problem and got a new W power supply Video card randomly shuts down and still the same problem occurs I then thought it might be the ram but I m not sure if that would cause it or not or maybe it might be the video card itself I have currently MB sticks of ram and a Nvidia GTX video card Sometimes the monitor won t even turn on after a hard reset and sometimes it ll run for up to hours with no problems before it shuts down so I m completely clueless on what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Video card randomly shuts down

Next step, replace the video card and see if the system stabilizes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-randomly-shuts-down.130567/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey all I just assembled my new computer some parts are well used and after a few issues I finally had Windows logo Win 8.1 Video Card after shuts down installed However I noticed right away that there was something off with the graphics display for a few reasons It would take upwards of seconds to Video Card shuts down after Win 8.1 logo load the pop-up list when I right-click the desktop sometimes it would just hang infinitely I couldn t change the resolution even Video Card shuts down after Win 8.1 logo near to what it was capable of A few times my screen just turned black and I had to Video Card shuts down after Win 8.1 logo reboot So I updated my display drivers and rebooted my PC to see if this would fix the issue After the blue Windows logo faded away the fan on my graphics card virtually shut down and my screen turned off and on and now all I see is black My mouse cursor becomes visible when I move it around but that s literally all I see and all I can do and I have to do a hard reset or power off So I reinstall windows a few times and it loads up fine I thought it might be a motherboard issue so I updated the chipset After I do that the same thing happens when I rebooted fan turns off black screen Anytime I update anything this happens A bit frustrated at the moment so any help would be great Just looking to see which part I might need to replace Here is what is under the hood EVO SSD ZEROtherm CORE Socket HDT Cooler P Z Deluxe Motherboard brand new geforce GTS video card used few years old http www amazon ca EVGA-nVidia-GeForce-PCI-Express- GB RAM Corsair W power supply http www newegg ca Product Product aspx Item N E A few notes I have made sure the power is connected to the gfx card Thanks all nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, my problem is sometimes while playing a game my video card appears to just stop working. My screen goes black and the sound stops working but my computer stays on(fans and LED light are running) forcing me to hold the power button to shut it down and start it back up. It's been happening ever since I built my comp about two or three years ago but it's been happening more often now (about once a day).
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2Ghz

Mobo: ASRock M3A790GXH/128M

Memory: Patriot 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066

Hard Drive: Seagate 1.5tb

Vid Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1182-AR GeForce GTX 285 FTW Edition 1GB 512-bit
DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W

A:Video Card Randomly Shuts Down

Sounds like the card is overheating and shutting down to protecting its self but it may be something else

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-randomly-shuts-down.1041902/
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says my computer is powering off by its self At first i thought i might be an overheating issue mobo shuts down. or maybe? Video itself PC card But after monitoring the temp and watching the symptoms closer I m now thinking that my not be the case HERE is my original post when I thought it might be a heat issue Now I m leaning towards video card or Mobo What seems to be happening is when launching WoW possibly other games haven t tested it will PC shuts itself down. Video card or mobo maybe? crash while loading to the sign in screen or while loading the game after picking a toon to play Also while play WoW the computer has locked up and diagonal bands about quot tall of color appear across the screen After such crashes you have to unplug the power supply from the Mobo to get it to boot again Also occasional image on the monitor will get a blue or green tint to it Was thinking this was caused by the monitor since it a used one i picked up at a garage sell but now am wondering if its related to the powering off issue To summarize my first post I have changed out the power supply to a watt antec ran Memtest and came back with no errors The computer is Emachine T that I rebuilt after it went thru a house fire and has ran fine for about a year It is running XP Pro SP So if its the video card I would like just to replace that the Mobo does have a pci express slot on it But im not sure if its the Mobo or the video card which is integrated onto the MoBo and I don t have another video card to stick in there to test it So this is wear all you guys amp galls with more experience then me come it Can i test if its the video card or the mobo or am i better off building a new computer Thanks nbsp

A:PC shuts itself down. Video card or mobo maybe?

Well if you have a pci e slot sounds like you MIGHT be fine with an upgrade. But it sounds like something is damages, and if you were using onboard graphics, then it relates to the mobo. Sounds touchy to me. Those are my thoughts, im gonna wait for more post and check back later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-itself-down-video-card-or-mobo-maybe.121340/
Relevancy 61.49%

Home Vista Geforce gtx gigs ram ga-ma gpm-ud h mobo--new amd athlon II x processor ghz true dual-core design--new Destroyer Tower on Solved: comp the is Geforce 8800 turned as Overheating immediately w mm fans Watt Solved: Geforce 8800 Overheating immediately as the comp is turned on EA Antec Installed new mobo and processor according to instructions and put the tower back together Fired up fine with the integrated Radeon video card Shut it off unplugged power cord etc etc Plugged in gtx heated up Solved: Geforce 8800 Overheating immediately as the comp is turned on almost instantly and within a minute smelled a little bit of smoke and the screen had spots and other display issues I shut off comp immediately I didn t have a temp measuring software running at the time but will say the thing was HOT note Comp already Solved: Geforce 8800 Overheating immediately as the comp is turned on had updated drivers for geforce gtx I went through the BIOS and turned it to PEG to shut down the integrated card if graphics card was in Did the same thing Turned of Comp much sooner than first time I took apart the cleaned it out reapplied thermal paste and plugged in back in Comp turned on same result On this attempt the fan to the card was no longer working Went to best buy and bought a vantec fan I took the fan off of the and installed the vantec fan in the case Vantec fan facing card windows took longer to load up and the card heated up faster resulting with graphical spots etc Vantec fan facing away from card same result Comp still works fine with out of it but is irritating that I can t play DA etc wiith the weak integrated card Any suggestion to cause of problem and or fix to the problem Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Geforce 8800 Overheating immediately as the comp is turned on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-geforce-8800-overheating-immediately-as-the-comp-is-turned-on.927386/
Relevancy 60.63%

I m building down PC immediately shuts a pc and having several problems The first problem is that after I ve assembled all the parts and turn on the power the computer begins to boot and then simply shuts down It does this repeatedly until I turn the power off The second problem is that the power and reset PC immediately shuts down buttons on the front PC immediately shuts down panel in my case don t seem to work I have plugged in the cables to the right pins but nothing happens when I try to turn the pc on from the case buttons I ve had to use the power on button on the motherboard to try the setup but with bad luck as described above Here are the specs Antec Nine Hundred OCZ GameXtream W ATX Seagate Barracuda GB Serial-ATA Abit IP Pro ATX LGA ASUS EN GTS TOP HTDP M PCI-E Samsung SH-S D BEBN SATA X DVD -RW Intel Core Duo E Kingston HyperX GB MHZ DDR CL This probably isn t enough info to solve the problem but I m looking for any suggestions that might help me test out which part or cable is the cause of this nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all My homebuilt PC which has worked fine for a couple of years suddenly isn t immediately after POST shuts down PC working after I cleaned out the pounds of dust from inside it During POST process the BIOS RAID controller seems to identify the hard drives properly I m running two pairs of RAID- mirrored SATA drives and I think it s not the drives PC shuts down immediately after POST anyway because of the last bullet-point below System goes through the BIOS part of the startup without problems but then either shuts down PC shuts down immediately after POST or reboots almost immediately If I try to boot into windows it shuts down after a couple seconds of the quot blinking light quot moving from left to right on the first PC shuts down immediately after POST Windows screen If I try to boot into safe mode it shows a long list of drivers on the screen the last of which I believe is mup sys and then says at the bottom center quot press ESC to cancel loading VAX B sys quot and then crashes I doubt that VAX B is the problem however because of the following If I disconnect all hard drives from the system and boot from a Windows XP CD it shuts down or reboots when screen says quot Windows is inspecting your hardware configuration quot During the cleaning process I removed the CPU fan cleaned it and replaced it Someone suggested to me that if it weren t back on exactly right that could cause the problem so I took it off again and put it back on and the computer then worked for two days after which all the symptoms returned I don t believe it s overheating because the crash will happen seconds after starting a cold computer though I suppose that doesn t mean the computer couldn t think it s a heat issue When I was restarting the PC after the original cleaning I thought I heard my UPS make an odd noise as if turning on the PC caused a sudden bad power draw and I thought I smelled something burning It was very faint I moved around some cables and tried again and that issue went away but that certainly could have caused a problem I just don t know what problem When I boot into BIOS setup the computer will run without stopping When I go into the BIOS monitor sections for voltage and for temperature all readings seem to stay within very narrow and normal ranges Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated Please respond to group and if you can to me directly at rossputin at gmail com nbsp

A:PC shuts down immediately after POST

CMOS battery probably needs changing. Also check the PSU with a tester and a multi-meter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-immediately-after-post.94432/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello.

I have a 6 years old or so PC, which used to work all fine.

But one day when i had to move it to a new spot, it suddenly didn't want to start up...

I am really sure that this has to do with the Motherboard, as i have tried the following, but with no avail:

Replace with new Power Supply Unit
Taking out CPU and RAM (Tried combinations and such)
Removed all other power wires, so that only the Motherboard gets power.
Taking out all other unimportant parts
Tried to replace CPU fan, same prob.
I can't really give any specs, but if you need some, please post a reply, with the required spec and i will try find out...
EDIT: Found out that i had a 1.0Ghz AMD cpu and approx. 750mb ram...

Thanks
Jake

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi My PC shuts down by itself like it is being unplugged without any given time interval and then immediately reboots Sometimes the problem occurs even after a few seconds after booting My Desktop is Acer Aspire M and it is broken unable to boot for about years About a month ago I had the opportunity to brought it to a technician to fix it The technician replaced the motherboard and the processor with a brandnew Biostar A MGC motherboard and a brandnew AMD A - with Radeon tm with HD Graphics Ghz processor The technician also changed the OS from Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows Ultimate When I brought the PC home it looks like that it is operating normally After approximately days the problem occured shuts down by itself quot like it is being unplugged quot and then Itself Shuts Down Immediately Reboots and then by PC immediately reboots quot Mysearchresults quot browser hijacker infected it but I cant remember if the PC's problem occured PC Shuts Down by Itself and then Immediately Reboots first before the infection so I cant tell if it is a factor By the way I fallowed PC Shuts Down by Itself and then Immediately Reboots the instructions here http www wintips org remove-mysearchresults-search-toolbar to remove mysearchresults After fallowing the instructions to remove mysearchresults I scanned it with Microsoft Security Essentials which turned out to be ok To make sure I uninstalled the Microsoft Security Essentials and installed ESET NOD Antivirus not yet updated and scanned it which turned out to be ok too I installed quot PC Wizard quot to check the PC's temperature Most of the time the temperature of the processor plays around - degree Celsius which is normal degree Celsius limit the motherboard plays around - degree Celsius which I think normal the hard disk drive plays around - degree Celsius which I think normal The PC is plugged into a UPS Ablerex and I bought a new PSU Cougar SL W and replaced the old W PSU but the problem still exist I also unplugged the hardwares like the CD burner memory card readers extra USB amp audio ports but the problem is still there Now what should I do Should I reformat it or should I just buy a new Hard Disk Drive which is a bit old about years old that is also been fixed by the the technician from quot bad sectors quot Do you have any other suggestions Please help I dont have the time to take it to a technician for now Thanks quot my english is not that good sorry quot

A:PC Shuts Down by Itself and then Immediately Reboots

you've done a good analysis already but there are a few other things to check. cpu and mobo temp already, but what about graphics card temp? you can use gpu-z to get the gpu temp. higher than normal temp may cause this kind of problem. another possibility is with one of the device drivers. see if this auto-reboot still happens when you use windows in safe mode. safe mode bypasses normal drivers n just use basic the most basic ones to enter windows. if no reboot happens, then you know it is caused by one of the drivers. no, it's unlikely the problem with the psu, and no you don't need to reformat the hard drive cause this is not windows/software problem but more often hardware.
for general n quick fix now, you can use your seven installation disc to enter 'system recovery options' then do startup repair and windows memory diagnostic. it doesn't always address the problem but there's nothing wrong to try though. startup repair will fix problems with system files, memory diagnostic will scan the ram to make sure it's working correctly.
tell us how it goes after all these steps, the results may lead to the correct fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292861-pc-shuts-down-itself-then-immediately-reboots.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi After slipstreaming SP for Windows XP into SP CD i did a fresh install on a GHz MB RAM PC It has hard disks one with GB other GB secondary i added later I had repartitioned the hard disk using Seagate Disk Manager bootable cd The computer was previously running on Windows XP SP with no error at all After installing XP When I tried to install IE Down Immediately Windows Xp Shuts it gave an Windows Xp Shuts Down Immediately error after restart saying IE cannot be installed The strange thing is now after every few minutes the system shuts down suddenly as when happens on power failure The hard disk LED glows continually after this happens On the system reboot the BIOS does not recognise any of the hard disks it hangs Windows Xp Shuts Down Immediately and hard disk LED glows continuosly I have done chkdsk in the - minutes the computer is running on XP it gives no error on GB secondary disk On the primary hard disk it says files are inuse please schedule a scan on next startup On scheduling thes scan the scan on next reboot gives no error But the computer keeps shutting down Mostly this happens when I try to open video stored on secondary hard disk using Media Player Classic Please help

A:Windows Xp Shuts Down Immediately

Hi .The hard disk activity light probably stays on initially...because XP is configured to run a limited (3-step) version of chkdsk when hard shutdowns occur. I myself prefer to then run chkdsk /r (5-step) on the same drive when the system finally does boot.I would run chkdsk /r on each drive as a first step...and then reboot. I would run the chkdsk /r on the boot partition first, using the XP CD and Recovery Console...then try to boot.I would then run the chkdsk /r on the other drive from within XP: Start/Run/chkdsk /r, OK. To specify running chkdsk on a hard drive which I've designated as R, the command would be chkdsk R: /rWhat error messages are provided in Event Viewer that might be pertinent? EV is usually pretty good about indicating disk problems (once auto reboot on crash is disabled).Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ If it's something that chkdsk /r cannot repair, then I would move to a manufacturer's hard drive diagnostic.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159801/windows-xp-shuts-down-immediately/
Relevancy 60.2%

This computer was running fine about 4 months ago. Since then it has been in my closet. I decided to finally upgrade it to Win10. It booted up fine. I disable the GWX Control Panel and clicked the taskbar upgrade icon to start the upgrade. 5 or 10 minutes later it simply shutdown and did not restart.

I restarted manually and it managed to get to the Windows Welcome screen and then shutdown. Now when I try to restart the power LED lights up for about 1 second then shuts down again. Doesn't even get to post anything on the screen.

Any tips for this one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395950-immediately-shuts-down-when-turning.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I switched from win 7 to win 10 about a month ago. No major problems until yesterday. The pc shuts down only a few minutes after loading windows. If i then turn it on again, it shuts down almost straight away - before it's even finished loading windows.

I tried resetting windows but it won't stay on long enough to do it. It got to 6% then shut down. I don't think it's a virus - well i have kaspersky anyway and that isn't reporting anything.

Unfortunately i can't get into safe mode on start up with win 10.

I'm at the point where i'm thinking i need to throw the pc away and buy a new one because it won't stay switched on for long enough to do anything.

Any ideas gratefully received thanks

A:Pc shuts down immediately after turning on

Welcome to the forum. Normally this is due to heat or the CPU fan not working check the fan and remove any dust from inside the pc

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128152-pc-shuts-down-immediately-after-turning.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
My Inspiron 15 N5030 shuts down a minute after I turn it on. I tried taking out the battery, which worked for a bit but now not. 
Any help?
Thanks!

A:Inspiron 15 N5030 shuts down immediately

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We suggest that when the system comes up to the Dell Logo tap on F12 and run complete diagnostics and check if there are any errors.
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19706386
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I bought a Lenovo G50-80 laptop on May 12, 2015...It was working fine until yesterday, when the computer turned off immediately after power cord was unplugged...Battery status when power cord was unplugged was 100%...Without plugging the power cord, the computer won't even boot with the battery...But it works fine with ac power supply...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo g50-80 shuts down immediately when unplugge...

Hi Ramsam,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system shutdown in your Lenovo G50-70 laptop.

Change the BIOS into default and check for the issue. If still the issue persist then it might be issue with the battery please visit the nearest authorised service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I?m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-g50-80-shuts-down-immediately-when-unplugged/td-p/2110914
Relevancy 59.34%

Yesterday morning I discovered my laptop Toshiba Satellite C -B shuts restarts immediately and down 8.1 Windows had not shut down after I instructed it to I assumed I had not remembered to shut it down but this morning I opened the lid to find that the computer was not shut down I shut down the computer again and it restarted within seconds This is my new reality My laptop will not stay shut down I looked up the problem and tried a couple Windows 8.1 shuts down and immediately restarts of solutions through the power options screen but since I am not a computer expert I declined to try the solution involving misconfig which I found without talking to some experts For security I use Panda Security Pro and Win Patrol A few weeks ago I also noticed my battery indicator when laptop is plugged in shows available battery power and not charging This also is different but I thought perhaps my battery was starting to wear out even though at its age this should not be a problem My power setting is on balanced at the default settings Any help is welcome Thank you Pat

A:Windows 8.1 shuts down and immediately restarts

Hi paw51 Try to do the following:Right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select System;From there, click on Advanced System Settings in the left pane of the System window;Click on the 3rd Settings... button, the one under Startup and Recovery;From there, make sure that Automatically Restart is unchecked under System Failure;Restart your computer and let me know if the issue is still there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565542/windows-81-shuts-down-and-immediately-restarts/
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone run into this My Windows Media shuts after up immediately down Solved: starting WMP Player shuts down as soon as I open it giving me the usual Windows message quot Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close quot So far it only does Solved: WMP shuts down immediately after starting up it when I try to open a library audio book which uses some sort of DRM or license or when my MP player is attached which also has audio books on it This was working fine a couple weeks ago The only changes on my computer is I just downloaded an update to Avast AV and I m using MS PowerToys SyncToy to sync My Documents I tried a System Restore to no avail I m not familiar with the technical details It lists assorted quot modules quot wmplayer exe ntdll dll kernel dll ADVAPI dll RPCRT dll Secur dll USER dll GDI dll IMM dll LVPrcInj dll uxtheme dll msvcrt dll wmp dll ole dll COMCTL dll SHLWAPI dll OLEAUT dll Event viewer lists this quot Faulting application wmplayer exe version faulting module indiv key version fault address x ffe quot I m running XP Pro on an HP xw workstation dual processor G Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Solved: WMP shuts down immediately after starting up

It looks like this is a combination of WMP11 and my library audio book download service. I restored my drive with a ghost image from before this probem occured, and it still wouldn't work. It works on WMP10. I'm guessing the library changed something on their DRM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wmp-shuts-down-immediately-after-starting-up.734481/
Relevancy 59.34%

I run Visioneer Paperport on a system with Windows XP SP Started Down Paperport Immediately 8 When Shuts Whenever I open the program it starts up long enough to populate its desktop and then shuts down It does not give me any message Paperport 8 Immediately Shuts Down When Started before shutting down or any other Paperport 8 Immediately Shuts Down When Started indication of what is wrong it s as if the program believes I have clicked exit I used to be able to run the software on this system without a problem I then had to do a system recovery for reasons unrelated to Paperport the program still worked at first but then this problem arose My point here is just that the issue is not an inherent conflict between XP and Paperport I have installed the available updates for Paperport but cannot find the precise build number because the program shuts down too quickly for me to find it I won t burden you with a list of the myriad software I have on the system but if anyone has an idea what programs might interfere in a way that would make this happen I d like to hear from you nbsp

A:Paperport 8 Immediately Shuts Down When Started

Hiya

Lets see what you have running at the same time:

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paperport-8-immediately-shuts-down-when-started.282841/
Relevancy 59.34%

I just completed a new build. It powered on fine and I managed to configure BIOS but when it tried to restart the power supply immediately just clicked off. There was a small pause and the system tried to power on and shut off again. It kept cycling like that until I switched the power supply off.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: MSI K9N2 Diamond
PSU: Coolmax CUG-950W
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
Graphics: Using Integrated
1 IDE DVD/RW
1 IDE HDD
1 SATA HDD
1 120mm Fan
2 80mm Fans

I'm not quite sure what's causing the problem as the system managed to power on and run fine at least twice and the 950W PSU should be enough to run the hardware I have and then some right?

Relevancy 59.34%

As soon as I open Illustrator, it shuts down. I have read several threads that mention this problem, and how to search error logs for the codes, which I have done, but none of the threads mention a fix for the problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I just installed CS5 and am really looking forward to using Illustrator (the main reason for my getting CS5 in the first place).

A:Adobe Illustrator shuts down immediately-please help!

This may or may not help.

Adobe - Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

I'd suggest running the Adobe cleaner tool and if necessary try reinstalling your Adobe software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/196564-adobe-illustrator-shuts-down-immediately-please-help.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Been having trouble with a Windows XP Service Pack machine using the internet specifically Internet Explorer IE opens but then shuts down immediately with an error message saying that Internet Explorer must be shut down Was getting this yesterday on repeated attempts For some reason tonight IE actually opened I then tried to install Firefox which had been blown out of the machine somehow and get the error quot Your current security settings do not allow this to be downloaded quot Machine is also running much slower than normal AVG is up to date and hasn t found any viruses although a tracking cookie alert popped up tonight and I clicked Move To Vault Firewall is enabled Not sure if there is anti-spyware running on this other than AVG Helping a friend with this problem Thanks in advance for your help DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run Down Internet Explorer Immediately Shuts by Doug at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW McAfee Personal Firewall Plus disabled B - C Internet Explorer Shuts Down Immediately F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Internet Explorer Shuts Down Immediately Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system Internet Explorer Shuts Down Immediately WLTRAY exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system dlcccoms exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeE dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com o uSearch Bar hxxp mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DEuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks N A d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d - c program files mywaysa srchasde deSrcAs dlluURLSearchHooks N A b b - - d -b d- ebb ba f a - c program files asksbar srchastt bin A SRCHAS DLLmURLSearchHooks N A d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d - c program files mywaysa srchasde deSrcAs dllBHO Ask Search Assistant BHO b b - - d -b d- ebb ba f a - c program files asksbar srchastt bin A SRCHAS DLLBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO McBrwHelper Class b aa -daf - -bd d- f bcb e - c progra mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO McAfee Privacy Service Popup Blocker ec f-e - cae- b b-b c a - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dllBHO d f -b fe- -bf - ab d d - c program files mywaysa srchasde deSrcAs dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files windows live toolbar msntb dllBHO x - No FileBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc ... Read more

A:Internet Explorer Shuts Down Immediately

Hi vw412fan,Welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like give a few guidelines so that we can fix your problem as quickly and efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.STEP 1 - MBAMNote: In the event that you already have MBAM installed, you do not need to reinstall it. Simply Updating it and doing a Quickscan is sufficient.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337608/internet-explorer-shuts-down-immediately/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have some sort of bug in this PC Its opening up a window then closing it immediately Wierd Also the PC seems to be clicking twice every few shuts opens window and immediately...... Weird bug, it minutes for no apparent reason Again weird Anyway here is my log I would be delighted if somebody coulc sort this out Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately...... C WINDOWS System keyhook exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe C WINDOWS System Rundll exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleil exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Documents and Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately...... Settings Matthew Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news bbc co uk sport R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS System keyhook exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run TomTomHOME exe quot C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe quot -s O - HKLM Run spa start C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS System e fa - f- e-dbc - b dll quot DllInit O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MtdAcq C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE s O - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgma... Read more

A:Weird bug, opens window and shuts it immediately......

Please check your PM inbox. I need to verify something first before we start on this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/weird-bug-opens-window-and-shuts-it-immediately-243323.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It started when I was playing Dishonored when a brownout came I opened my pc in safe mode looked to my event viewer i usually do it when a brownout came to my PC to check for errors then saw unexpected shutdown error I an ID error PC 6008 down immediately developing My shuts Did nothing there then rebooted my PC Then after reboot played again dishonored but the save logs got naming My PC shuts down immediately developing an error ID 6008 problems I played a while then exited to windows But after that i saw my rocketdock got frozen Opened event viewer but nothing weird Did a reboot and error ID popped out in the event viewer I tried to fix it by going maintenance and fix error but no errors and searching for possible solutions came to a thread here and made a system restore on the time before i install my dishonored and while on safe mode i was persistent on fixing My PC shuts down immediately developing an error ID 6008 the error cuz i dont want pc probs Reboot and a dialogue appears saying this quot System restoration could not be done Computer files and programs has NOT been changed Information A unknown error occured during system restore xc quot and I believe it was caused by and abrupt shutting down while shutting down and it had'nt brownout nor i push power buttons or pluged out from socket because it rebooted instantly though it didnt safe moded And the error persists then here's the real problem now after My PC shuts down immediately developing an error ID 6008 knowing its still there i stumbled upon the tread where you can use system file checker tool and tried it and also the action center submitted reports online but when i properly reboot the PC well it showed the checking installing updates text and until then shuts off monitors first then keyboard lights then Pc fan When it opened to windows desktop the graphics or the windows aero got primitive or i don't know got corrupted i guess and event viewer showed this both warning Code lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service quot Guid quot B E F - AFF- A - B - A A CE quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot FEC -F - -A E- EF CE quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Harvz-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData Name quot EVENT HIVE LEAK quot gt lt Data Name quot Detail quot gt user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Core Temp Core Temp exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates Disallowed Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft SystemCertificates Root Process Device HarddiskVolume Users Harvz AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- -... Read more

A:My PC shuts down immediately developing an error ID 6008

Please follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

It may allow you to upload many useful troubleshooting files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301152-my-pc-shuts-down-immediately-developing-error-id-6008-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Whenever I try to start up Windows Explorer by clicking the icon, it just shuts down. I can access the internet using other browsers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE, but the problem still remains. How do I fix this?

A:Internet Explorer starts up, then immediately shuts down

What version of IE are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-starts-up-then-immediately-shuts-down-382719.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We had a storm the other night and my computer was on. The power went out and when it came back on, it starts to boot and then I get a black screen that says

We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused.....

It gives me options to try to restart Windows XP as normal, or using the last known good configuration. I have tried both of these and it starts to boot up and then immediately restarts and goes back to the black screen with white letters. It also gives me options to start in Safe Mode, with networking, or command prompt. (i don't know if I feel comfortable with that)

What happened to it? I've never had any problems like this?

A:Windows XP begins start up then immediately shuts down

To successfully use the Last Known Good Configuratioin option, first after you turn on the power, immediately start to tap the F8 key. This should open the 'Safe Mode" window (black window with white lettering) Use the arrow keys to move up to the above option click enter. Let the computer do it's thing.
Post back and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-begins-start-up-then-immediately-shuts-down.999530/
Relevancy 58.91%

Windows update updated my IE working starting Explorer after down shuts Internet immediately to IE After this when clicking the IE icon the IE window would flash up and then close immediately I then upgraded to IE and exactly the same problem I have tried iexplore -extoff and reset to default in internet options Still have the problem Google Chrome and Mozilla work fine My HijackThis log is attached DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rakesh at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Internet Explorer shuts down immediately after starting WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Documents and Settings Rakesh Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files zabkat xplorer lite xplorer lite exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Palm palm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet wp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared office offlb exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Rakesh Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp localhost uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings rakesh local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe mRun googletalk c program files google google talk googletalk exe autostart mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse win startm programs startup window lnk - c program files windows desktop search WindowsSearch exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c progra... Read more

A:Internet Explorer shuts down immediately after starting

Hi rrmaron,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.The issue doesn't seem malware related, but I'll take a look at it.Please run Hijackthis. Click Do a system scan and save a logfile then copy and paste the content of the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222217/internet-explorer-shuts-down-immediately-after-starting/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi TSG guys Here are HP Off Removing Shuts After Plug Laptop Immediately my laptop specs HP ENVY Ultrabook - ca Tech Support Guy System Info HP Laptop Shuts Off Immediately After Removing Plug Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus None I ve searched this on the forum and other sites and have found similar threads but no working answer My laptop is about a year and a half old and works perfectly fine until yesterday With no HP Laptop Shuts Off Immediately After Removing Plug previous warning when I unplugged my laptop yesterday to use it on battery suddenly it completely shut off - literally the second I unplugged it as your desktop would when your power goes out in the house If I tried to power it back on without the plug in there would be no response as if the battery was completely drained Once I put the plug back in the charging light goes orange charging for a few seconds then goes white indicating fully charged I can power on the computer as per usual as long as it s plugged in But again removing the plug makes it INSTANTLY turn off If I check the battery indicator in the lower right hand corner it says quot plugged in not charging quot and is stuck at about power not gaining or losing power On a side note my battery life is good as I always fully drain charge it and prior to this always lasted hours or so while not plugged in I have ran the HP Battery Check from HP Support Assistant and it has given an quot OK quot status Via HP online support they also went to Device Manager gt gt Batteries gt gt Microsoft ACPI-Copliant Control Method Battery and uninstalled reinstalled that driver can t remember exactly what they did I also went into HP Advanced System Diagnostics F startup and did a Battery Test via Hard Disk Test Extensive Start-Up Test and Memory Test and it passed all of those with no problems In addition I tried creating my own Power Plan as opposed to quot HP Recommend quot or quot High Performance quot and that did not fix the issue And I checked advance settings in power plan to make sure that there were no weird settings like quot put the computer to sleep quot XX quot quot and found nothing unusual To reiterate the computer goes dead the second the power source is removed not like a hibernation but like a complete loss of power There appears to be no damage to the pin or outlet itself externally on the laptop either If anybody can help to troubleshoot this it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:HP Laptop Shuts Off Immediately After Removing Plug

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Based on your description of the problem, I would say it is almost certainly a faulty battery. The symptoms you describe are typical of that. Either that, or a faulty connection somewhere between the battery and the laptop itself, either way it sounds to me like a hardware problem. The more likely option, in my opinion, is a battery fault as that is far more likely to fail.

The indicator lights are by no means infallible, if the battery is outputting the right signal you will get the right lights, this is entirely possible even though there may be a fault, albeit fairly unusual. The lights are only an indication, not a definitive indication of status.

If it is still under warranty I would RMA the laptop and get HP to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-shuts-off-immediately-after-removing-plug.1130947/
Relevancy 58.91%

In our office there is one site that we have to use Internet Explorer to access This morning immediately upon start it crashed on two computers I am unsure if they are immediately Explorer Internet down shuts upon start related or Internet Explorer immediately shuts down upon start not So I have spent three hours trying to fix it and I am not stuck It is IE or was and it is Windows Things I have tried Running with no addons Uninstalling then Reinstalling Doing an sfc scan to see if it was a missing system file Making sure all required and optional updates were installed One computer is used sparingly there is nothing on it but the default programs but ran a virus scan anyway and it turned up nothing Reset all internet explorer settings Finally I installed the IE beta version and it does the exact same thing Having two different IE versions do the exact same thing makes me think it is a system issue and not an IE issue Both Firefox and Chrome work with no issues Just wanted to add that it will start in safe mode with no problems Just disabled DEP on IE nbsp

A:Internet Explorer immediately shuts down upon start

Maybe try running these tools: tool 1, tool 2.

If that doesnt help, I have a few more possible solutions. This is another one: Install IE 10 and make sure all Windows updates are installed (not just for IE, but for the OS).

If that doesnt work, tell me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-immediately-shuts-down-upon-start.197246/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was surfing with IE 7.0p suddenly explorer closed and a little window that said "harmful trojan" appeared I wasn't able to read what was the name of the trojan because the computer shutdown and restarted itself. Once it starts only like 10 seconds pass maybe less and it shuts down again and restarts and that happens over and over again. So i looked online and in some website somebody said to press "window+R" and go to cmd and type "shutdown -a" to cancel the shutdown so that I could get rid of the trojan, i did that 3 times already and is not working, so my question is what can i do now? please help~!

A:vista 32bit shuts down immediately after starting

Can you get into safe mode w/networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255929/vista-32bit-shuts-down-immediately-after-starting/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone please help online computer after 9550 Dell is not play do XPS stuttering also Videos 15 off, video turned Every time I turn my computer on after it was completely off again which I do a lot as this laptop is so fast to turn off and on the video streaming does not work So after I turn on I go to the bbc Facebook youtube or other streaming sites the video loads and I can click play though it does not actually play just Dell XPS 15 9550 Videos online do not play after computer is turned off, also video stuttering a still image same on every website so to fix this I have to restart the computer then it works So for some reason turning the computer off causes this and restarting it fixes it - seems strange to me though more irritating nbsp Second issue is that again online streaming videos stutter all websites all browsers chrome internet explorer etc I have fixed this though by setting Nvidia to be used for the browsers instead of intel Though this solution uses more power and might be related to the other problem This problem has been here since I got the laptop in December have updated to all the latest drivers bios applications etc What else can I do Any help with the videos not playing would be greatly appreciated it is so annoying to turn on the computer go to websites then find you can t play the videos then remembering you have to restart

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 Videos online do not play after computer is turned off, also video stuttering

How are you shutting it down? If you use the standard "Start Menu" > "Power" > "Shutdown", it does not completely shut it down. It saves part of memory in a hibernation file which allows it to quickly restart. This could cause issues when you start up again. If you have not tried this, set up a desktop shortcut (right-click on an empty spot on the desktop, select "New" > "Shortcut" and enter "shutdown /s /t 0" in the box (that's "shutdown" + space + forward slash+"s" + space + forward slash+"t" + space + "0" [the number zero]) without the quotes. Click "Next" and give the shortcut a name, then "OK". This will shut the computer down completely.
  The other option is to disable "Fast Startup". That should accomplish the same thing. See if either of these help.
JohnD

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19675338
Relevancy 58.05%

So I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 7.  Whenever its plugged into the wall or docking station, if the battery drops out, it shuts down immediately as if I don't have it plugged into the wall.  Windows does tell me that its plugged in.  The battery charges fine as I have unplugged the laptop and used it off the battery.  So those are indicators that it is receiving power through the plug. 

So why should it power off if the battery gets disconnected?
Yes the battery is loose and right now I have duct tape holding it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991190
Relevancy 58.05%

So I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 7.  Whenever its plugged into the wall or docking station, if the battery drops out, it shuts down immediately as if I don't have it plugged into the wall.  Windows does tell me that its plugged in.  The battery charges fine as I have unplugged the laptop and used it off the battery.  So those are indicators that it is receiving power through the plug. 

So why should it power off if the battery gets disconnected?
Yes the battery is loose and right now I have duct tape holding it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991179
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys I know this question has been asked a lot before in similar ways however Laptop Shuts MSI Removal off after GE70 Cord AC Immediately I m going to MSI GE70 Laptop Shuts off Immediately after AC Cord Removal describe my situation separately I have an MSI GE laptop thats a little over years old now About months ago is when this problem began I began not being able to unplug my laptop without it shutting off immediately More recently it has gotten to the point where it shuts off even when plugged in I ve replaced the battery twice the power cord once and the DC power jack cord as well I replaced the power jack cord a week ago hoping that the wiggle in the old one was the reason for the missed contacts not charging I was wrong When I pulled apart the entire laptop to replace the power jack cord I didn t visually see any wires that were frayed damaged so I m kind MSI GE70 Laptop Shuts off Immediately after AC Cord Removal of lost as to what it could be The only thing I think that could ve happened was that the fan blowing so hot gaming laptop melted critical components to the battery charging circuit The fan already melted the side plastic guard off and is right next to the power cord hookup Additionally right before it turns off I hear this quot metallic electronic quot CLICK once or multiple times and then it shuts off Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible Cheers TL DR - Laptop shuts off when unplugged When plugged in and under heavy load hear a metallic CLICK and then it shuts off nbsp

A:MSI GE70 Laptop Shuts off Immediately after AC Cord Removal

I was going to suggest replacing the battery, but you already done that, so

If you melted critical components on the charge circuit you need to replaqce the charge circuit, that circuit is not just for charging the battery, but also for distributing power. If you know how to work a digital solder gun then you may be able to fix the damage to the board.

Electrolytic capacitors, resistors, diodes, (and if you know what your doing) fets and transistors are all replaceable but before doing anything look for any damage to the charge board PCB, if there is damage there you need to buy a new charge board,
7k to fix damage to the PCB is not worth it.
However if there is no damage to the PCB and just to components on the PCB than you could fix it for 5 and have spare parts.

Additionally before doing anything, get the model, serial and vershion numbers from the charge board and download a To Scale Schematic of the board so you can print it out and trace out the power rails and V's that will be involved in any components you will be working with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-ge70-laptop-shuts-off-immediately-after-ac-cord-removal.1150978/
Relevancy 58.05%

Seems to be a hardware problem, but I need help diagnosing the source of the problem. My computer turns on. The power led and the fans turn on for a half a second and turns off. Then 1 second later, the fans and power led turn on again, and then off and on and off and on again.

What is the faulty component do you guys think?

A:Help solving desktop problem. Turns on, then immediately shuts off

Hi, welcome. We may need a bit more information to effectively assist you. Could you supply us with the hardware your working with? PSU wattage and PSU model, Motherboard and all the major components connected to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/help-solving-desktop-problem-turns-on-then-immediately-shuts-off-1015634.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 video editing program on this Windows 7 Samsung laptop. I've enjoyed the program to edit video clips and haven't had any problems - until now. Once I edit a clip, I convert it from a VSD (I believe) file to something Youtube can read, like MPEG-4 (HD). It begins rendering, and once it gets to about 5% my computer inexplicably shuts down. It's done it three times in a row now. I can't even use this expensive program if I can't convert the file. Am I doing something wrong or is it a Windows 7 thing?

A:Computer shuts down when rendering a video

Your computer is probably not configured to restart after a crash, and create minidumps. Windows cannot create a dump file (Memory.dmp) in which to write debugging information.

First,

How to Configure Windows to Create Minidump Files

Then,

Please post a few of your latest minidump files. They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To, then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Windows will compress (zip) the file and save the new zipped file in the same location.

If you get an Access Denied error, disable the UAC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-when-rendering-a-video.1024613/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an HP Pavilion HPE h8-1214 Desktop
The only changes I made to the unit is to add a 130GB SSD and a Ceton tuner card.
Everything else is stock
The problem I am having is if I watch a video in Media Center or online the computer will turn off.
I don't mean shut down. I mean it acts like someone puled the plug. I have to press the power button to turn it back on.
Now I can have the computer on for days without a problem. I can watch video using VLC or Windows Media player But as soon as I try to watch something in Media Center or an online video it turns off.

Any ideas?

A:Computer shuts off while watching video

How much memory do you have? Memory could be the problem because you need enough memory for those programs to run

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361980-computer-shuts-off-while-watching-video.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I'm a video enthusiast with a problem. When I am rendering video, at some point the computer will shut down and then start making a low-pitched beeping noise. This will persist until I unplug the computer. I have to let it sit for a while before plugging it in, otherwise the beeping will resume when I press the power button.

Based on what I've attempted to read so far, I think it is a power-supply related issue, but I'm not sure. I'm not extremely tech-savvy. Any help would be appreciated, though. Thank you.

A:Computer Shuts Down and Beeps when Rendering Video

a continuous beep? As in a POST beep?
Could be temps causing the shutdown.
Whats your sys spec please?
How much is "a little while before plugging it in"? Enough time for the cpu to cool down, but not enough for the capacitors in the psu to discharge?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-and-beeps-when-rendering-video.78917/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am having an ongoing problem with my PC suddenly shutting down for no apparent reason. It usually happens when I am running a video conversion program (e.g., avi to mp4; DVD Shrink). At first I thought it was one of my hard drives overheating, so I had the operating system moved to the IDE drive from one of the SATA drives and upgraded the fans. However, the problem is continuing. Disk Sentinel tells me the disks are all fine, and I replaced my video card just a few months ago. I am running Windows XP Pro on an AMD Dual Core 4200+ with 2 megs of RAM. I have three internal disks and one external disk.
Thanks!!

A:Computer shuts off when I run video conversion programs

Power supply specs, video card(current and previous) model, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-off-when-i-run-video-conversion-programs.774287/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm notsure this is right forum for this question, but here goes. I am having an ongoing problem with my PC suddenly shutting down for no apparent reason. It usually happens when I am running a video conversion program (e.g., avi to mp4; DVD Shrink). At first I thought it was one of my hard drives overheating, so I had the operating system moved to the IDE drive from one of the SATA drives and upgraded the fans. However, the problem is continuing. Disk Sentinel tells me the disks are all fine, and I replaced my video card just a few months ago. I am running Windows XP Pro on an AMD Dual Core 4200+ with 2 megs of RAM. I have three internal disks and one external disk.
Thanks!!

A:Computer shuts off when I run video conversion programs

Shutdowns when running CPU intensive applications can be related to an unsufficient power supply or an overheating CPU. What's the brand, model and wattage of the power supply ? You'll need to open the computer case and check on the sticker that's on the side of the supply. What's the brand and model of your new video card ?

Enter the BIOS at startup and give us the temps, fan speeds and voltages from the hardware monitor screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shuts-off-when-i-run-video-conversion-programs-318153.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this problem. Lately my PC has been shutting down by itself when I'm working on something that takes up a lot of computing power. If I'm converting video files or even when my daughters play games on some sites the computer will turn off. I've run a series of anti-virus & spybot programs like Spy Bot, Ad-Aware, & Nortons Anti-Virus and found nothing. I've noticed that my PC has been making strange sounds lately like possibly on of my fans was going out. I wasn't sure if maybe it was my power supply kicking out. My hard drive is also close to capacity as well. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Dell PC
3.0 HT P4
XP Pro
512 MB Ram

A:My Computer Shuts Down When Converting Video Files

Have you solved your malware problems reported in your HJT Topic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139203/my-computer-shuts-down-when-converting-video-files/
Relevancy 56.76%

When  I unplug the power cord/charger from the computer when it is running the laptop will BlueScreen and reboot, message when this happens is Kernal_Security_Check_Failure.  Battery is fully charged and showing 100%.  The charger is outputting 19.5V DC.  I also tried another Dell charger I have and the computer does the same thing, bluescreens and reboots??  Ran Dell diagnostics on internet support and everything passes.  Drivers are up to date and it indicates devices are working properly.
Anyone had this happen and how to fix it?

A:Dell 7559 shuts down (blue screen) immediately after unplugging charger

Does the system recognize the AC adapter, or does it show "unknown"?  F2 at powerup to check.
Will the system power up and stay running on battery only (no power adapter connected)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682983
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok I have a weird problem I and Computer with editing video all crashes down programs shuts have a quad core Gb HP Laptop Been running ok up Computer crashes and shuts down with all video editing programs until a couple of days ago I had Cyberlink Power Director installed on it and was using it for about a year with no issues The other day I tried to import an mpeg file into it and it just froze for about seconds then shut down I tried it a few more times with the same file and with other video files and it instantly froze and shut down again I tried using Windows movie maker and the exact same thing happened I then tried to install Corel Video Studio but it froze and restarted while trying to install it so didn't even get as far as importing media files I'm at my wits end because I had no problems before and do a lot of video editing now I cant seem to run ANY video editing programs I've tried restoring to an earlier time but it has not helped Any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599753/computer-crashes-and-shuts-down-with-all-video-editing-programs/
Relevancy 56.33%

Whenever Microsoft sends me a computer update or my printer alerts me that I'm low on ink, either my computer screen goes black or my computer crashes. I have no idea why. I'm familiar with the event viewer and I can supply information to anyone who wants to help me with this situation. Thanks to anyone in advance who decides to assist me.

A:Computer shuts off when graphic card overloads.

Is the issue gpu related because that's what section you're in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-shuts-off-when-graphic-card-overloads-808833.html
Relevancy 55.9%

In less than 45 days my trustworthy,unfailing IBM T43 Thinkpad has shut down without any prior something-is-wrong hints... I got a new Windows license, reinstalled it, and 2 weeks later... it was the same thing! Reinstalled Windows again (thinking I had done it wrong maybe?) and 4 weeks later: again! same story (I hadn't worked much two of those weeks...)

Anyway, this is awful! Because each time (of course) I've lost not-backed-up-yet files.

There is NO WAY I can get windows up and running again (normal mode, last working config mode, etc. etc. etc.)

Is this a Windows problem? Is it hard drive? Is it fan (overheating)? Is it memory? Is it me???

An antivirus has been always installed, and maintained up to date... as far as I know, there were no virus any of the times...

The laptop is down right now...

Thank You for all the help you can give me.

Ana

A:IBM Think Pad T43 Shuts Down/cannot be turned on again unless Windows is reinstalled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-think-pad-t43-shuts-down-cannot-be-turned-on-again-unless-windows-is-reinstalled.822598/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Everyone minutes down PC ON turned after couple auto-shuts - help! of I m a new member and hoping that someone can give some pointers to fix the problem I am having with my PC PC Home built years old OS Win Hardware Intel Core Quad Processor Q Memory GB Box Antec Black HDs Seagate WD Mobo Gigabyte Thank you in advance for your help My home built PC antec box Intel Quad core CPU GB ram that I built few year ago has stopped working since past several months It was PC auto-shuts down couple of minutes after turned ON - help! working phenomenoly until this problem showed up Symptoms I turn on computer PC auto-shuts down couple of minutes after turned ON - help! While booting it goes through BIOS checkup as usal Sometime it even reaches to the point of start loading Win And suddenly within a minute or the computer abruptly just shuts off This happens now every time What could be going on I wonder if heatsink on CPU is damaged and CPU heats up It doesn t sound like memory error to me either Where do I start for debugging I am baffled and unsure where what to look Very frustrating Please help nbsp

A:PC auto-shuts down couple of minutes after turned ON - help!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

First thing I would have a look at is the power supply (PSU).

How old is it? I assume its the same age as the overall PC.
Exactly what make, model and wattage is it?
Have you ever upgraded any components since you first built the machine?
What graphics card are you using? (on board as part of the motherboard or a standalone card?)

Have a look in the BIOS and find the temperatures and voltages that it displays. Post the values in a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-auto-shuts-down-couple-of-minutes-after-turned-on-help.1107769/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I recently change my OS with Windows -bit I had conflicts between the OS and my ATI Radeon I was recommended to download an updated Bios for my system And it worked my computer is now much faster but when I am watching streaming videos after mins or so my computer abruptly shuts down When I try to restart it the OS gets as far as the words quot Welcome quot and gets stuck in video installing my I BIOS shuts an streamming computer watch when down updated After an apparent After installing an updated BIOS my computer shuts down when I watch video streamming loop So when I shut it down using the power button I have to restart it in safe mode the do a restart with a normal reboot and then it loads the OS just fine When I check the event log I came across several error kernel-power event Also when I run repair program I get After installing an updated BIOS my computer shuts down when I watch video streamming a message saying that my superfetch is not enable The shut down only started happening when I updated my BIOS Please help me Thank you PS While checking the event log I found this Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Jose-PC Description The HomeGroup Listener service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jose-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt HomeGroup Listener lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Server lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source FSysAgent Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Jose-PC Description The Forefront System Agent has failed to load an Asset Protection Technology adapter Asset Protection Technology SSA Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot FSysAgent quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jose-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt SSA lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Jose-PC Description The KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt l... Read more

A:After installing an updated BIOS my computer shuts down when I watch video streamming

Hello elpepin and welcome to TSF,

I am not so sure it is your BIOS causing this issue. Can you give us the specs on your PC?

If it is an OEM (Dell, HP, Lenovo/IBM, etc) we need to know the brand, model and any non factory upgrades.

If it is a custom or self built we need to know...

CPU
PSU - Brand/Model/Wattage
Motherboard - Brand/Model
GPU - Brand/Model (Radeon HDxxxx)
RAM - Brand/Model/Capacity (i.e. Kingston Value Ram 2GB [2x2])

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-installing-an-updated-bios-my-computer-shuts-down-when-i-watch-video-streamming-550194.html
Relevancy 55.04%

WinXP SP Google Chrome m AMD Sempron LE- Sparta Ghz MB RAM I tried to uninstall reinstall Adobe flash player chrome but to no video or Computer online/offline while or shuts playing music down automatically avail I think it's an overheating issue but I don't know how to read the figures from CPUID Hardware Monitor amp Core Temp Screenshot http i tinypic com nq i jpg I've disabled Hardware Computer shuts down automatically while playing video or music online/offline or Acceleration on Chrome and Flash Player Fans are running but I couldn't find any software to read the temperature of Hard drive or Processor as the ones available doesn't support the above processor I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with this as the restart happens every - mins sometimes even during a reboot I couldn't find any google chrome crash report although it's enabled I also tried to disable and uninstall manually installed adobe player amp use inbuilt adobe player in Chrome to isolate the issue but it doesn't work at all I have installed HijackThis but I don't know how to read or use the log files Please Help Just installed Speccy and got the following results Operating System Windows XP Professional -bit SP CPU AMD Sempron LE- Sparta nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd M PME-S Socket M C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Gigabyte Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS SATA C Optical Drives HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Computer shuts down automatically while playing video or music online/offline or

When you say shut down, you mean as if it loses power or it goes through the shutdown process?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506840/computer-shuts-down-automatically-while-playing-video-or-music-onlineoffline-or/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just got a new computer and it has a PCi express 16 slot on it and my old video card is agp 8x

what is a good ati card that i could play WoW and CS with for around 150$

A:New computer(on board video) want video card

Great Price here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131060

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-on-board-video-want-video-card.627709/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I try and view videos they randomly freeze. Sometimes it might run for 30 seconds and then freeze 15-45 seconds before starting up again. A 2 or 3 minute video might freeze 4-6 times before it finishes. This happens on most videos I try and view, however the video on the techguy site telling new members how the sie works did not suffer from any freezing.
Any help appreciated!!

Technical details:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301916 MB, Free - 241457 MB; J: Total - 46 MB, Free - 39 MB; O: Total - 3272 MB, Free - 460 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0FJ030, A00, ..CN708215BSX4GT.
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Faulty Video

If possible check you cpu tempature... see wheather that is cause by CPU ... because for your system .... seems the video Decoding is handle by the CPU... and old P4 3.2Ghz is very hot.... may over 60 degree....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-video.999901/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone I bought a computer at an auction ex Government computers a few weeks ago According to the info it or video computer? i card card on sound have Do my a has a quot sound card quot and a quot video card quot no further info on what ones I had to format the computer from scratch amp reality is i have NO IDEA what i m dong with this stuff anyway i ve managed to get it up amp running with windows previously it was running Do i have a video card or sound card on my computer? on windows pro it has a licence for that but no disk amp i don t have a disk so had to install win that i have I have a picture on the screen but everything is HUGE and i cant change it amp also very few colours in the control panel display i have the choice of colours or colours but that s it amp screen area won t change from quot less quot Under display it says L S on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA L S is my LG monitor i know i ve tried installing the drivers from that following the instructions on the software choosing quot have disk quot etc but that hasn t changed the display On the thingy inside the computer that sticks out the back amp the monitor attaches to it says Holtek HT C - A K - there s other info too but that s what i got results on when i put it in google so i m guessing that s what i need anyway i also found drivers for that on the internet amp tried installing them but that hasn t helped either Re the sound card there s no other card thingys sticking out the back like the monitor one does but there is a spot out the back from the motherboard where you can plug in speakers etc and there is a cable going from the back of the dvd player to the motherboard but the speakers don t give any sound when plugged in I did connect what i m guessing was the soundcard from my old computer to this one that was another thingy that stuck out the back with holes to stick the speaker lead and games joystick into when i connected that amp restarted the computer it immediately started adding codecs to my computer and i could hear sounds but the monitor settings display didn t change only sound Anyway i ve unattached that now amp completely reformatted my computer since so that s not impacting on anything now if i can t get the soundcard to work i m not too stressed as i do seem to be able to add the old one amp have it functioning fine but if i can t get the graphics working then i m really thinking i need to take it back amp try to get a refund since it s not what they told me it was i can t replace the monitor attaching thingy with the one from my old computer as it has different lenght slot thingys so won t fit I know i ve written a lot here but i have no idea what info is needed to help so i thought it was probably better to write more rather than less but i still don t know if i ve given he right info to help i m afraid In short what i would really like to know is firstly do i have a video graphics card and then if i do am i going to be able to get it working and if so how Ideally i d like to know about the sound card too but graphics card is the big thing nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I bought what was supposed to be a GF8440 GS card from an ebay seller which was identified by my W7 PC as a GF8300 GS card.

The card seems faulty as it can only provided 640 x 480 resolution on both VGA and DVI.

Probably a chip fault but is it worth taking the heatsink off an reapplying paste ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e-card.1164990/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,Just a quick question.I just purchased a new Radeon R7 360 as an upgrade to my Radeon HD 6670 and placed it in the same PCIe slot on my board and it doesn't seem to work. The fans come on, windows boots (hear logon sound) but there is no display. When I switch my old GFX card in it works fine. Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be helpful.Many thanks.

A:New GFX card faulty?

My Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 and PSU is a Corsair CX600 by the way.My old card had HDMI, VGA, and DVI ports, I always used the HDMI port. The new card has dual DVI, HDMI, and Display Port. I've only been able to try it through the HDMI as that's the only cable I have available at the moment.I tried disabling integrated graphics in BIOS and also tried resetting BIOS to no avail. Really not sure what is going on.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156125.0.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So I recently bought a r9 380x and it keeps crashing when starting a game.

I have the latest drivers from the amd website and have them installed on a fresh installation of win 10. My specs are in my SIG, idk if my PSU is in it but its a corsair vs550.

What happens is that when I start a game it, the video disappears so I have to restart my PC. In AC Syndicate, it crashes a few seconds after getting through the start screen. In minecraft, with the shader mod on, it is playable for a few seconds but then I get the same error. (I never tried Minecraft vanilla)

Any thing I can do? Is this GPU busted?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/no-video-immediately-when-starting-game-278269/
Relevancy 52.03%

My PC is years old and was running x GTs in SLI 2 To Cards Faulty Do. Video Know in Months. What Don't 2 Back in May the PC froze a few times while playing PC games A complete freeze I couldn t alt-tab or cntl-alt-del After the rd time there was a white 2 Faulty Video Cards in 2 Months. Don't Know What To Do. dot pattern all over the screen in the booting up screens and in windows itself it was even worse more dots and anomalies After removing the top vid card and cleaning it out and trying to use each of the cards alone I determined that the issue was with the top card and the bottom card was working fine I got a RMA number and sent it in for repair It still hasn t showed up but that is a different issue For the time being I ve been using just the card Fast forward to this week and I ve been getting similar freezes After the rd time in days on the reboot I saw the same white dots I can t get into Vista normally only using safe mode When I try to go into regular windows it just stalls at a blank screen Is it possible that I have faulty video cards Is there something else I should be worried about This system has run perfectly other than this for the past years and I haven t added any new hardware in that time I have posted here before and know PC info is of great help but as I cant get internet access in safe mode and I am writing this from work The computer is years old and I ordered it from Vigor Gaming com now defunct Vista home premium bit gig RAM Quad Core processor x for now Nvidia GT nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there

A friend appears to have a problem with certain fonts in MS Office where certain letters appear to be out of focus (all other applications appear to be ok).

He has a XFX Geforce 6500 graphics card in his machine (which I've uninstalled, removed, re-seated & re-installed) & we were wondering if anyone has encountered this type of problem in the past?

My gut feeling is that the card isn't faulty but I'm not sure - anyone able to give me a steer?

Cheers for any advice

M

A:Faulty Graphics Card???

Buen Dia! I was wondering if you've tried updating the drivers of that card?

I believe you can find the drivers at:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card.452010/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey users of Seven Forums

Ive had my PC since 2010 and recently the Graphics card has became faulty and was looking at this for a replacement:

Asus GT 630 2GB GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com

Would it be compatible with my specs (Listed on my SF Profile) and would it be a good replacement ?

Kind Regards

Alan

A:MY Graphics Card is faulty [Please Help]

It all depends on what you want to use it for mate

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309866-my-graphics-card-faulty-please-help.html