Windows Support Forum

Problems with my Pioneer burning CD/DVD drive

Q: Problems with my Pioneer burning CD/DVD drive

Hi guys,
Forgive me but my problem is quite specific.

It started with me wanting to burn some dvd's and vcd's using Nero. I tried it, and it never worked when burning DVD's, so I contacted Nero support and they told me that I should update my recorder's firmware
(Pioneer DVD-RW DVR106D- my drive's name)
I searched around the internet, and I found an update updating my firmware from 100 to 108.

However, I would try to update its firmware, but my computer would always say " available target is not found". For some reason my computer is not detecting my drive to update it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problems with my Pioneer burning CD/DVD drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problems with my Pioneer burning CD/DVD drive

Could you be more specific about what tool you're running to update the firmware?

Messages like "Device Not Found" are more typical if a drive (i.e. the device) can't be found. So am wondering the sequence of events, "who" is outputing your "Target not found" message and if, in fact, it means something other then device not found.

(Try unplugging the device so really not there.. then what happens?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-my-pioneer-burning-cd-dvd-drive.106457/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there all

Hope everyone is well.

I just got done putting that last few touches on my new build.
Everything is going well cept for a little drive problem, it's acting really strange.

Have anyone ever came across this problem.

I stick in a disk (let's say nero) all the files show up on my screen and installs no problem but when I take the disk out the install programs are still showing up on the screen, even when I pop in another program. If I put in a new program they don't show just the contents of the last disk that was in there.

Strange, strange

anyone know where I should start looking?

Thanks
Bobby

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi ive been having a problem with my pioneer dvr- drive that has spiralled way out of my control any help would be serious problems pioneer drive causing much appreciated the drive stopped reading dvds a couple of days ago but was still reading cds from reading a few threads i thought drivers might be the problem so followed this link i found on a message board- http wwwbsc pioneer co jp product-e ibs device e dev r e html i found the dvr- driver downloaded and installed windows crashed soon after and i got a blue screen with a lot of text headed by KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR it soon restarted and i was prompted to register windows again which i did over the phone apparently something to do with having installed new hardware now the pioneer drive causing serious problems drive wont open and in pioneer drive causing serious problems the device manager where there used to be two tabs under DVD CD-ROM drives one for dvd one for cd there s now only one- cdRom device cheers for reading nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Straight to the problem - my DVD drive simply won t work As said in the title it s a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- D ATA Device and the problem seems to be a strange one well two problems really but the second is moot if the first persists - Whilst the computer recognises the drive is installed shows up in Device Manager completely free of the dreaded yellow exclamation mark the driver Windows has chosen Drive Problems DVD-RW - Pioneer Won't - Simply Work DVR-111D is incorrect and the drive won t recognise Drive Problems - Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D - Simply Won't Work anything that is put in it Drive Problems - Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D - Simply Won't Work The important specs are Mobo - MSI K N SLi Drive - As above OS - Vista Ultimate x Before anyone comments - yes yes I know the motherboard has a design flaw that causes problems with large data flow over IDE but I doubt that the current problem bears any relation to said flaw You d have thunk that Vista being the all-powerful OS that Microsoft claims it is would be up to the simple task of recognising a DVD drive wrong For some strange reason the driver it has chosen to install is a CD-ROM driver I ve tried System Restores I ve tried re-installing Vista I ve tried the method on the Microsoft help pages go into the registry entry and delete the upper and lower limits then restart that everyone seems to love I ve tried drivers and the firmware update from the Pioneer site No luck at all I ve got my fingers crossed that someone somewhere has been kind enough to upload generic DVD drivers for Vista A bit of history The drive itself is as old as the computer Up until September this year I used Windows XP SP which I ve still got on my second hard drive For about ten or so months the drive worked an absolute dream Quick reliable It would read every CD or DVD put in it and burn CDs and DVDs with nary a problem then I installed Nero but that s the second problem so I won t say much about that I haven t tried the drive with XP yet simply because of problem and the fact that Vista is my main OS and I don t want to be diving into my BIOS and getting the XP drive to start up every time I want to put a CD in the drive and play it --- Summary - I know the DVD drive works as it has done in the past With Vista however it doesn t and I m putting it down to incorrect drivers All help is appreciated and apologies for the ramble nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Can burn DVD's but not CD's. Receiving error saying errors were found on the new disc. I was having this problem before I recovered this cpu. After recovery, worked fine, now won't work again. Need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-dvd-rw-108-burning-problem.660864/
Relevancy 65.79%

can anybody offer advice on a pioneer dv111D the unit will burn some forms of data(avi,jpeg),but will not burn vob files.The first time this happened I received a message, something about power calibration(?), but this msg has not reappeared on subsequent failures. I have tried using nero7 and a trial version of xilisoft dvd creator, same result with both programs, the software 'thinks' it has burned the disk, but neither my pc nor DVD player will recognise the disk. I would assume the burner was at fault, but am a little confused as to why it will burn some data types and not others..curiouser and curiouser.

A:Solved: pioneer dvd not burning

It is not really possible for there to be a difference in what file types a burner will burn. It has no way of distinguishing one file from another.

The problem may be due to something else, like file size or interference in the process by another process, like an anti-virus or a multimedia app that accesses the files when you are trying to burn them. A power calibration error is due to the software or the drive and has nothing to do with the content.

Do you have more than one burner? Do you have problems with both? Do you have another burner you can try?

As you know, Nero 7 is pretty old, probably older than your drive.

It is also quite possible that a trial version of the software you are using has some limitations that the full version does not. Try DVD Flick (free) or DVDStyler (also free), depending what you need to do with that program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pioneer-dvd-not-burning.812186/
Relevancy 64.5%

When I burn a CD using NERO Express I get all the way through the burn process and it says Burn Successful. It then prints out that the verification failed and NOTHING is burned to the CD.

What can I do at that point? Is there a freeware product that can be used to burn CDs and DVD to my external Pioneer Burner that is better than NERO Express?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All burned up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ttt-burning-cds-on-pioneer-data-verification-failed.221213/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everyone, I did some googling for answers on this but came up short handed. About a month ago my burner decided to start erroring midway through burns. I've checked the buffer levels and they seem plenty high, but whenever I start the burn process it normally runs for a minute or so when burning CD-Rs and a few minutes when burning DVDs. I've tried reloading the original firmware, but it didn't seem to help at all. Any tips or advice on where I should start?

I can read from the drive perfectly fine (both CD and DVD), but I'm not sure if that would have any significance?

Quick edit: I hadn't just installed any other hardware (that I can remember), but I'm not sure on the software end. HTH

Thanks in advance,

-Mark

A:Issue with a Pioneer 111D CD-R/DVD-R Burning Coasters

First, try using different burning software. I suggest DeepBurner. If that doesn't solve your problem, it is probably hardware related. Optical drives have a bad habit of going bad on you a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-a-pioneer-111d-cd-r-dvd-r-burning-coasters.657381/
Relevancy 64.5%

for some reason... not all too uncommon as i have seen from searching for help on other sites... my dvd-rw drive in my toshiba laptop will only burn at 4X using nero 6.0 or greater. this program is the only one that i have trouble burning at the 16X capability of my drive. i don't know what the issue may be.

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic48793.html

that link is another person's trouble with the same exact drive. why explain it all twice... thank you for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-pioneer-dvd-rw-dvr-k12d-burning-issues-with-cd-r.370013/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Everyone Right out of box my Asus had powering up problem Sent it to Asus and they fixed it and said they had to change the HD I wasnt messed from any not it ROM they like the !! Pioneer ASUS the driver (pioneer registry. came does in HELP for up DVRTD11RS) CDs/DVDs...ever install DVD-RW after DVD read service..Seems since a person to use CDs on daily basis after almost a year to my surprise when i wanted to use a DVD it just dont even recognise Asus happily blamed it on me saying quot i should have reported it right then quot So i have tried uninstall of driver and reinstall --EDIT On devicemgr driver prop it says its config is incomplete or damaged error code -- I found the below info for a Win will same procedure work for Win Appreciate To Solve this problem you need to reinstall the Cd Drive by doing the following Go into device manager right click on cd drive nbsp and DVD ROM (pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD11RS) does not read any CDs/DVDs...ever since it came from ASUS after service..Seems like they messed up the driver install for the Pioneer in registry. HELP !! select uninstall nbsp In start type run and execute it type regedit and execute it navigate to nbsp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE delete the upper and lower filters - if one of them isn't they're don't worry - just delete which ever is close registry and restart computer immediately

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/61e71658-3bde-440e-97c7-9834f0d68d6e/dvd-rom-pioneer-dvdrw-dvrtd11rs-does-not-read-any-cdsdvdsever-since-it-came-from-asus-after?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 57.19%

Got an Artec x x Just Link writer Just recently I have had all sorts of problems with it and Nero Currently using v on this latest reinstall of XP Pro I have used newer versions and Nero but problem still the same which is I can insert a multisession disc into drive and add problems CD-RW and burning drive files to it Nero says that the burn was successful and data verification complete but when I check the disc with windows explorer the files are not there CD-RW drive and burning problems Other times I can put in a part used disc load Nero Express click make data cd and the windows CD-RW drive and burning problems comes up blank not showing any files on the cd at all Or it gets to about of the burn and then fails fixation errors etc I have tried the built in XP cd writing utility that failed too I can use windows explorer to see what files are on the disc and can use them It seems that now I have just another CD-ROM drive that is called a CD--Writer I have removed the drive given it a clean off taken out the ribbons and reinserted them It is on its own IDE slot and set as master Does it make any difference which IDE cable I use It is an ATA drive and have tried the wire ribbon that came with it and various wire ATA cables I am pretty new to all this so correct any errors I have made I have been to the Artec site and downloaded and installed the latest Firmware to update the drive No difference I am cheesed off cos I have stuff to save and no where to put it Anyone got any ideas I can post screen shots of the Nero failures if that would help Thanks for your interest nbsp

A:CD-RW drive and burning problems

The 40 wire cable is fine for a burner. Iíve read that there are fewer problems with the 40 wire, but I use both interchangeably without problems.

You seem to have done everything right. Other than try some different media I donít know what I could add. Sony, Fuji and Taiyo Yuden are reliable. Most brands are a crapshoot based on what supplier had the lowest price.

You might post the Nero log but I doubt I will find anything. It is likely the burner if it wonít burn with the XP program as well as Nero.

Did you specifically find a way to clean the laser/reader? Sometimes the cleaning CDs work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-drive-and-burning-problems.158946/
Relevancy 56.33%

System specs Gateway PC Win Pentium Mhz RAM PHILIPS CDD CD-R RW Firmware revision - Driver - Microsoft - - I don t know if my system specs really matter in this My drive dead? is / Burning my CD-R problems CD-RW drive is years old It appears to be reading CDs just fine Windows Burning problems / is my CD-R drive dead? says it works properly it performs well on all the simulated burning exercises But whenever it Burning problems / is my CD-R drive dead? gets to actual burning I get an error message Disc is either write-protected full or in use when I use DirectCD When I burn with Easy CD Creator he can t tell me what the problem is but as soon as he is supposed to put one actual mark on the CD he ejects it Thinking that software updates or things I did with my computer may be interfering with the burning process I reformatted it completely on the th of Febuary and after installing my Windows updates got the same error messages Now I don t think it has anything to do with my Windows updates because in the old days it s been burning CDs and in fact I burned a full CD with Easy CD Creator beginning of the week The next CD he only burned half and then the problem started of the time he will also start the burning process and get quite far in it even complete it but the CD is a coaster Months before the format I had experience with Nero I burned a couple of working MB CDs with him But he quit performing as well But still remember I burned a working CD the beginning of the week so the working problem is not that consistent Of course I played around a lot with updating my burning program and changing burning speed to x changing folders I m burning from Now unless this sounds familiar to you my theory in question is Is it possible that the laser or some part is already worn out but still it seems to work properly on all the tests Yes I ve been looking at some USB CD-RW drives in the store Do you think they re so few because the companies are trying to milk the market with non-USBs first because they know USB is gonna be taking over just like the DVD-RW Of course not like my system could handle all the new stuff I hope my story was easy to read and understand I really appreciate any pointers Thanks nbsp

A:Burning problems / is my CD-R drive dead?

Hi and welcome. A 6 year old burner is a rare thing

With the price of new ones, a 52X free after rebate in some cases, and $10 after rebates other cases, I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure out what went wrong. And yes, the lasers can and do go bad. If you smoke around your computer, that isn't good for them either

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems-is-my-cd-r-drive-dead.203717/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello eveyone I am a newbe with a problem. I recently received a Dell Dimension 8400 with 16x DVD R=RW burner. However, when I tried burning a video file on my hard drive I received the following messages:

Using 8X DVD disks (and selecting this speed) I got this message: Could not complete the last command: DVDerr (DVDErr, 721100).

Using 16X DVD disks (and selecting this speed) I got this message: Could not complete this last command because: Device Error Sense Code (3 73 02) - Power Calibration Area is full - Sequential write (DVDErr, 226050).

I am totally unfamiliar with these error codes, so I will appreciate any help on the matter.

StressZero

A:Problems successfully burning in 16X DVD drive

16X DVD burner...... must still be warm out of the oven. :slurp:

It'd be cool if you filled out your machine's specs in your profile. It's very helpful especially in hardware related issues. Do you have at least 1GB of RAM? Can you burn DVD's at a lower speed? Can you burn a CDR? Have you tried to burn a different file?

Try a few different test burns to make sure A. the hardware does in fact work at perhaps a slower speed and B. that the file you are trying to burn is not dammaged. A lot of burner applications have a speed argument "maximum available", try this too if it is available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-successfully-burning-in-16x-dvd-drive.20461/
Relevancy 56.33%

Here are the links to the threads I posted on other message boards figuring it was a problem just burning movies- but it's obviously more of a problem:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1422

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/342216

Any ideas?

Also, can the drive in an HP 5070us be replaced? Someone said it can't but the HP customer care guy said to bring it in for service to get it replaced.

If I go with an external burner, do the newer DL DVD burners burn CDs as well?

A:Problems with my CD/DVD drive not burning CDs or DVDs.

Now it gets weird-
I had an older CD I had a few pictures on so I put that it and tried using DeepBurn. I hit the wrong folder in My Documents, but anyway, it was able to burn the Word, Excel, and BMP images in that folder.

So I tried burning pictures, but got a HARDWARE ERROR: TRACK FOLLOWING ERROR. When I tried burning and ISO image onto DVD I got MEDIA ERROR: (12,128).

How could it burn files, but not ISOs and pictures?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-my-cd-dvd-drive-not-burning-cds-or-dvds.467195/
Relevancy 56.33%

When ever I use blind write software it will show read for around minutes Then it says my hardware has changed and my cd-rom CD-ROM software burning with problems drive gets removed from device manager and will no longer work I can t even open the cd-rom drive I have to shut the computer off and manualy get the cd out This program works fine on my other computer and I am not doing anything differently I have upgraded my firmware to the latest verison for my cd-rom and cdr I have an lg GCR- B cd-rom and a lg GCC- B CD-RW DVD ROM Can I do anything else to get this program working or is it never going to work with my CD-ROM drive problems with burning software cdrom Through device manager I have set my secondary ide channel advanced settings to dma if available for both boxes I have an asus P C- E-Deluxe mother board I have just purchased this system so I belive the chipset is up to date but not sure Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve been using nero for a long time now and I never had any problems with it This happened before When I drive is Solved: broken Problems?? my now? Nero Burning Or insert Solved: Nero Burning Problems?? Or is my drive broken now? a blank dvd-r it reads it but when the transcoding is done and starts burning This error occurs People suggested that it was probably the cheap blank dvds I m using I had no choice but to use those blanks but I don t use them all the time I kind of figured that too but the same things happening again The last time I fixed it was replacing the internal dvd drive So what I m wondering is quot is it the computer that s causing these problems or is it really the blank dvds quot Anyways I don t know if I m posting in the right area of the forum I also don t know if I m allowed to post this thing that I am about to post But anyways can you try and help me out Look at the nero error log and see if there s something wrong in there for I don t know what it means ExpressUI Log restarted Date ExpressUI Running Nero Vision Version ExpressUI Burn process started by user ExpressUI Destination ATAPI iHAS B ExpressUI Directory for temporary files C DOCUME MIZZHA LOCALS Temp ExpressUI Available hard disk space for temporary files MB ExpressUI ------ lt Nero Vision Project Information gt -------- ExpressUI --- Project type DVD-Video ExpressUI --- Project video options --- ExpressUI Video mode NTSC ExpressUI Aspect ratio Automatic ExpressUI Quality Automatic fit to disc kbit s ExpressUI Resolution Automatic ExpressUI Sample format Automatic ExpressUI Video format MPEG- ExpressUI Audio format Automatic ExpressUI Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI Nero SmartEncoding Automatic ExpressUI --- Project space information --- ExpressUI Media type DVD bytes maximum capacity ExpressUI Total space used out of GB Quality Low ExpressUI Space used for menus out of MB ExpressUI --- Project contents --- ExpressUI Audio format Automatic ExpressUI Sample format Automatic ExpressUI Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI Nero SmartEncoding Automatic ExpressUI Number of titles ExpressUI Battleship v -wbz Video Title h m s ExpressUI - Video mode NTSC ExpressUI - Aspect ratio ExpressUI - Quality Custom kbit s ExpressUI - Resolution x D ExpressUI - Sample format Progressive ExpressUI - Video format MPEG- ExpressUI - Audio format Dolby Digital AC- ExpressUI - Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI - Audio SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI - Video SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI Man on a Ledge R CAM AUDiO XviD-BiDA Video Title h m s ExpressUI - Video mode NTSC ExpressUI - Aspect ratio ExpressUI - Quality Custom kbit s ExpressUI - Resolution x D ExpressUI - Sample format Progressive ExpressUI - Video format MPEG- ExpressUI - Audio format Dolby Digital AC- ExpressUI - Encoding mode Fast Encoding -Pass ExpressUI - Audio SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI - Video SmartEncoding ratio ExpressUI Number of menus ExpressUI - Main menu page ExpressUI -------- lt End of Project Information gt ---------- ExpressUI ------Recording Parameters------ ExpressUI Book Type ExpressUI Destination Device ATAPI iHAS B Capabilities BC ExpressUI Recording Flags ExpressUI Recording Speed ExpressUI Volume Name Movies ExpressUI Burn-at-once flag ExpressUI Fast Update allowed ExpressUI --End of recording parameters--- NeroVision DVD-Video files sorted NeroVision Caching of files started NeroVision Caching of files completed NeroVision Burn process started at x KB s NeroVision Invalid field in parameter NeroVision D ATAPI iHAS B NeroVision Burn process failed at x KB s NeroVision Process information NeroVision -------------------- NeroVision Address Version Module name NeroVision ----------------------------------------------------- NeroVision x C Program Files Nero Nero Nero Vision GCCore dll NeroVision x F C Program Files Nero Nero Nero Vision AMCDOM dll NeroVision x C Program Files Nero Nero Nero Vision NeroVision exe NeroVision x C Program Files Nero Nero Nero Vi... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone again, i am having more problems with my Pioneer DVR-108. When i want to burn some thing it only gets to 3% then the Used Read buffer and the Buffer level goto 0% then they go back up to 100% then nothing happens. It doesnt burn or anything and i evently have to restart my computer.

A:More problems with Pioneer DVR-108 :(

Please do NOT post TWICE about the same problem. That is heavily frowned upon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-problems-with-pioneer-dvr-108.19388/
Relevancy 54.18%

My dvd drive only reads dvds . I can`t burn or read regular cd`s . Whats the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-112-dvd-drive-problem.605606/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have a Pioneer DVR D I have had it running fine and dandy but the other day I tried some CD s and it was not reading any of them I have a new Cell phone Mogul-- myphone gt yourphone that I just got all of the software that comes with it is on a cd and sure enough the cd works in any CD Drive not working Pioneer other place but my computer Here is what is happening with the drive It opens up a green light flashes I put the cd in close it Pioneer CD Drive not working green light stays solid and it makes a noise likes its reading the cd Then a CD icon appears next to my cursor blinks goes solid for a few seconds blinks and so on Then it dissapears So then I proceed to check my computer gt DVD drive and the computer is see ing it as quot empty quot Pioneer CD Drive not working no cd nothing I figured heck its probably just firmware I went to dl Pioneer CD Drive not working some new Firmware and install that--nothing When I go to install the new firmware it says quot target device found quot I continue then it says quot drive s successfully updated quot so I thought drives updated huh Then on the command prompt screen it says quot FW firmware is already the latest quot Help nbsp

A:Pioneer CD Drive not working

Go into Device Manager, find the drive, right click Uninstall, then reboot.

If that doesn't work I would simply replace it. New burners are only about $30.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-cd-drive-not-working.679866/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys,
I am trying to install my new Pioneer PIONEER-DVR-219L drive. I went to the Pioneer website and downloaded the latest driver software after Windows 7 couldn't install it automatically.

After opening the file (PIONEER-DVR-219L 1.01(101007).EXE) I am told the following:
"You don't have administrator rights to process. or No device is recognized!"

I have tried right clicking and clicking 'Run as Administrator' with no luck.

I have tried all I can think of and failed so far, can anyone lead me in the right direction PLEASE?

Relevancy 54.18%

I can not write to my new Pioneer DVD external drive. I can read CDs and DVDs, but can not write to it. It says it is using the new USB 2.0 and I'm not sure if my Dell has the new USB ports.

QUESTION: How can I check to see if my Dell has the new USB 2.0 ports?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Cannot write to new Pioneer DVD drive (ttt)

Have you checked your user manual?.

if not why not try the and see if you can track down a pdf version of the user manual for your motherboard you should be able to find out all you need from that.

if you let me know what motherboard you have i can easily find out for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-write-to-new-pioneer-dvd-drive-ttt.219312/
Relevancy 54.18%

I bought a Pioneer DVD-RW a while back after my CD-RW died. I haven't had any problems with, but now When I need to write on a DVD or CD, it does not read the blank CD/DVD
I have a stash of CD-R/RW's and new DVD-R's

Memorex Black CD-R 40x 700mb 80mins
Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB and says up to 16x"
Imatation CD-R 1x-52x w/ scratch resistant coating
Memorex CD-RW Ultra Speed 16x~24x

None seem to be reading, but It can read movies, Music, and Programs fine
All it came with was the drive and the instructions, It did not come with any CD's
(which confused me, I thought DVD drives come with Nero or something)

Here is the product Page from where I got it:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=944987
All the drivers seem to be updated, it can't find any better updates.

A:Solved: Pioneer DVD-RW problems

So you are not using any CD/DVD burning software? What about the software from the old drive?

You can download the free DeepBurner Program if you have nothing: http://www.deepburner.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pioneer-dvd-rw-problems.485669/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone. Just signed up and hoping someone can help.
I have been using a sony DVD RW DRU 510 and a Pioneer DVD drive for some time but thought I would upgrade to a dual layer drive, I brought a Pioneer 109 and installed it in place of the Pioneer DVD drive. Now the only drive that shows up in bios or windows (my compuer) is the new Pioneer, I have tried to add it in the add hardware, I have tried a differant IDE cable and made sure I have the jumper settings Pioneer master and Sony slave. Is there a known conflict between Sony and Pioneer drives. Any help gladly recieved.
Mike.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pioneer-109-causing-problems.359692/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good eveingin all. I recently purchased this pc, a Acer Extensa 5620z, from ebay. The seller updated the os from vista to windows 7 ultimate. When he told me that the DVD Rom did not spin, he assumed that it was broken. I have purchased another drive, same type and model number, and still have the same problem. The drive will not open and when I try to eject it from my computer icon, it says there is an error in the DVD Drive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive as well as trying to update the drivers. Nothing has worked.

I AM GOING CRAZY! HELP.

A:Help with a Pioneer DVR-KD08 DVD Rom Drive and Windows 7

Hi! Briank0411, welcome to 7F

You could try this:
Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147084-help-pioneer-dvr-kd08-dvd-rom-drive-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have just completed a clean install of XP Home and have been loading bavk my programs PC up Pioneer won't show explorer DVD in drive is years old The Pioneer DVR- DVD drive does not show up in the drive list on my computer or in explorer After the XP reinstall the drive worked fine Last thing I did was install an older version of Zonealarm and AVG antivirus In the hardware manager there is an excamation mark against the drive and in the properties it says that quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this Pioneer DVD drive won't show up in explorer device quot Windows says it cannot find a more suitable driver even after I tried to uninstall it The version number under the driver tab is dated I cannot find this driver on the Pioneer site and don t have a install CD for the drive When a disk is inserted the drive light lights up and it tries to read ie it does spin up but that is all Do I really need to find a Windows driver or is it a corruption elswhere No other problems have been appearing until now BTW I did the reinstall because I was getting script errors no working search system restore failure plus ever increasing windows problems The drive was OK though Just looking for the next step thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hoping someone can help here running Beta on a Quadcore Q with GB of RAM The DVD drive is a Pioneer DVR- but Windows will not show it in Explorer and I can't access it at all Device manager shows not W7 drive DVR-215 DVD new on install useable Pioneer the yellow warning and says this quot Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required Pioneer DVR-215 DVD drive not useable on new W7 install for this device A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown source Code quot I've tried uninstalling the driver and letting W reinstall it but it always installs the same one and says it's running the correct driver yet it still won't let me use the drive anyone got any idea what I need to do to fix this I've search for this but not seen anyone with this exact problem i e where W reinstalls the same driver but still won't allow use of the device

A:Pioneer DVR-215 DVD drive not useable on new W7 install

Hi nzmike and welcome to the forum!

Is this a clean install or an upgrade install?

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4396-pioneer-dvr-215-dvd-drive-not-useable-new-w7-install.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i got a new blu-ray dvd drive ive plugged it in to the sata cable in the computer its not showing up on windows or in the bios is there another connection i need there is power going into it
thanks

A:Pioneer Blu-Ray Bluray Blu Ray BDC-202 DVD DRIVE Reader

The compatibility list contains a limited number of motherboards (and PCI cards) supporting SATA that have been factory tested with Pioneer Blu-ray Disc drives
http://pioneer.jp/bdd/products/bdc_s02/info/index_e.html

From Here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/45/104/442/BDC-202/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pioneer-blu-ray-bluray-blu-ray-bdc-202-dvd-drive-reader.104821/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys
my dvd drives been stuffin up lately and now it is stuffed.
It worked fine then it only read cds but not dvds and now.... It wont read both.

A:Pioneer DVD-RW Drive Wont Read CD's Or DVD's

You can try a lens cleaner disc. Probably you need a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-dvd-rw-drive-wont-read-cds-or-dvds.572539/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Folks,
Iam trying to get drivers or hardware for a Pioneer DVR-A18MBK or 12562-96913.
I just bought it two days ago. and did not come with drivers or firmware and Pioneer does not have a down load on there site because MS could up-date drives automatically?
Yet i can not follow ms's way to just get the drivers or firmware.
I have a stand alone 2ksp4 os and Direct X 9.0c and it asks to get on line I think to get the drivers for me , Yet i just cant get it on line to get it up dated.

Right know it acknowledges as a drive yet 118L. I do have a a computer that is up to date, so... I
can transfer data to It Via usb drive.

Thanks for your help!!
M

A:Pioneer -A18MBK DVR drive for 2k OS driver needs

Its true that it doesn't need any drivers aside from those included in Windows, not should it need to go online. Have you just clicked next through the found new hardware Wizard and skipped the Windows Update online check?. And firmware only updates the drive to resolve an known issue or improve media compatibility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-a18mbk-dvr-drive-for-2k-os-driver-needs.925024/
Relevancy 53.32%

Where do i begin this at the begining i suppose I have had the sony dru A for over problems sony & 108 510A (1.1A) dru pioneer a year now and it has always served me well untill this week Untill then i had always used the arita x media and never had a problem with it then this week i found a firmware update for the sony that took my fimware up to A so i updated i also purchased some Arita x media as my local shop said quot it will just drop down to the speed of you writer quot which was handy as they no longer stock the arita x media Now this is where it gets complicated my sony still writes perfectly to the x media i have left But whenever i try to use the x media with any burning program the burn fails for example with discjuggler i constantly get this error quot CDB a d status sense OPC or PMA update error quot sony dru 510A (1.1A) & pioneer 108 problems I hear you scream quot ITS THE MEDIA quot and thats exactly what i though but i also though well now would be as good a time as any to get a better writer so i purchased the pioneer And guess what it had exactly the same problems untill i installed the latest aspi drivers now it will at least burn sony dru 510A (1.1A) & pioneer 108 problems using the media but for some reason it will only burn X and its supposed to burn at X max but obviously with x media it would have only had a max speed of but it wont even do that i only tried moving the sony to my other machine but it has exactly the same errors there Does ANYONE have a possible idea to what i could be doing wrong here and or hopefully offer a possible solution nbsp

A:sony dru 510A (1.1A) & pioneer 108 problems

politetly bumped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-dru-510a-1-1a-pioneer-108-problems.298365/
Relevancy 53.32%

greetings I m hoping some crew here can help me diagnose a problem I m getting of late I have a Pioneer DVR-RW with firmware update - i flashed come!? Pioneer problems - DVR109 how audio it ages ago when i first bought it and it s always worked fine Now all of a sudden I get real crap audio coming out when i playbaqck dvd s - the audio is all clipped and popped the kind of sound you get if the audio buffer is set too small in audio aps The picture is fine Pioneer DVR109 audio problems - how come!? though - I know its not a problem with my soundcard because Pioneer DVR109 audio problems - how come!? all other audio video files play fine amp the audio is good The only audio that sounds crap is that coming off my dvd-drive Pioneer DVR109 audio problems - how come!? - I dont think the drive itself is faulty I tested it today on a friend s computer to try and isolate the problem but it worked fine on his computer doh - I ve tried to unistall the latest programs i d installed One of these was DVDShrink Encrypter which i used to try amp copy a dvd of mine That was roundabout the time when the audio problem first came up - I have unistalled and reinstalled drivers for the Pioneer from device manager amp have tried playing the DVD with other programs Nero Showtime Mediaplayer etc but stil get the problem Can anyone offer some suggestion or advice dead Am not sure that its a hardware problem and was wondring what kind of software issue could be causing this I havent installed any new hardware so no shared IRQs etc Could i have stuffed some settings around using the DVDShrink or Dvd-Encrypter program Thanks J Here are some specs Windows XP-pro SP Intel P Ghz Gigabyte Mobo GA- IPE Pro Pioneer DVR-RW firmware - did long ago Gb RAM DDR Soundcard M-Audio Delta- Graphic-card Asus Radeon SE nbsp

A:Pioneer DVR109 audio problems - how come!?

for starters.. look to see if there is an updated firmware for it...

maybe clean the drive with one of those dvd/cd cleaner thingys and chekc that the dvd you're trying to play is in good condition.. try with different dvds to see if it works or not..

run with minimal apps running in the background, and while you're at it scan for nasties..

dont think dvdshrink or encrypter would have any effect on this.. unless you tinkered something that had "warning, altering these functions may effect your device" or somethng..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pioneer-dvr109-audio-problems-how-come.45905/
Relevancy 53.32%

Brand: Pioneer DVDRW 16X

For some reason the CD Tracks are not being burned properlly. Three individual tracks appear on a single track. The CDs will play thru on a CD player, but skipping to tracks is not possible.

None of the DVDs I've burned have worked either.

I have tried using the minimum speed to burn, but no luck. I'm wondering if I'm missing some driver or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Burner Problems - Pioneer DVDRW 16X

So, I just tried to burn with the standard 2-3 seconds space in between songs, and things went fine.

I wouldn't call this 'solved' just yet. Now I need to know what I can do to allow myself to burn with 0 seconds in between tracks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burner-problems-pioneer-dvdrw-16x.360386/
Relevancy 52.89%

A few weeks ago, I replaced the motherboard on my notebook due to a faulty graphics card. Since replacing it, the computer has not recognized my DVD-R drive. I had tried installing the GEAR drivers, which has not changed anything. The computer does not show any disk drive is present. My system information is below:

Computer: HP dv9000 Series Notebook
Disk Drive: Pioneer DR-KD08HB

How do I get the computer to recognize the drive?

A:Pioneer DR-KD08HB Disk Drive Not Recognized?

Is your drive showing in BIOS?

Try this:
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133818-pioneer-dr-kd08hb-disk-drive-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 52.89%

well up until this morning my dvd burner has been working awesome now i try to burn a dvd and dvdrw meh. crazy pioneer drive on goin after a minute i pioneer dvdrw drive goin crazy on meh. see an error message quot burn failed the device is not available quot i have never seen that error before i look and it hasnt even gotten burned on the dvd even though there is a bit of info on the disc pioneer dvdrw drive goin crazy on meh. i saw when i took it out what is going on with it i tried putting a new disc in there and it would spin up kinda higher than normal and rattle wont even start burning and nero slowly quot waited for device to become ready quot after the progress bar was full it just sat there and another thing during the last time it actually looked like it was writing it wasnt making any progress and so i canceled the burn then had to hit the eject hole button which i saw that my drive had turned off it looked like no power at all wtfxup nbsp

A:pioneer dvdrw drive goin crazy on meh.

Sounds like the drive died. What does Device Manager tell you about the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-dvdrw-drive-goin-crazy-on-meh.476022/
Relevancy 52.89%

Just installed a new DVD burner drive Pioneer WinXP dvr-111d DVD locks up a Pioneer dvr- d I updated to latest Pioneer dvr-111d DVD drive locks up WinXP Firmware on the DVD but still have this problem Was able to play a factory created music CD no problem Was able to burn and verify a data DVD but when I put that same DVD in the drive it starts to read it and just as the curser turns to an Pioneer dvr-111d DVD drive locks up WinXP hourglass WinXP locks up Only way out is to hit the reset switch Get the same Pioneer dvr-111d DVD drive locks up WinXP reaction when trying to read a data CD I burned on the previous drive which was working fine I don t THINK it s a drive problem or it wouldn t be able to do the functions like burn and verify More like XP doesn t know what to do with the data read from the drive Any ideas Thanks Al Using pin cable System board is ASUS P P WinXP Pro sp latest updates Drive came with Nero nbsp

A:Pioneer dvr-111d DVD drive locks up WinXP

Try re-installing the drivers or taking the burner out of the comp and plugging it back in <disconnecting the IDE cables as well>.Let me know if it works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-dvr-111d-dvd-drive-locks-up-winxp.545985/
Relevancy 52.89%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 52.89%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Up till recently others! but (not plays problem drive of DVDs, regions) some Pioneer 106 not DVD a I ve only played ONE quot all region enabled quot DVD on my Pioneer DVD Pioneer 106 DVD drive plays some DVDs, but not others! (not a problem of regions) drive Up till then no other DVD was played in the drive nor did I upgrade the firm-ware flashed it to make it region free etc The drive s the way it came The s Pioneer 106 DVD drive plays some DVDs, but not others! (not a problem of regions) w I used to use to view that DVD was WinDVD x Last week I got another DVD a Region and I upgraded to WinDVD The Region DVD plays without problem but the all region enabled one doesn t anymore WinDVD crashes when I load it causes an error with some dll file and PowerDVD says the disc is dirty or unreadable I dont think that s the case as I ve not loaned the disc out to anyone it s always stored in its case and a physical inspection of the disc shows no serious scratches etc Viewing the contents of the DVD in Windows Explorer isn t a problem either - i can see the directories and files The drive is installed as a master on the secondary IDE port a configuration which worked till recently WinME s my OS Anyone know what s up Did playing the Region DVD lock my drive or something thanks nbsp

A:Pioneer 106 DVD drive plays some DVDs, but not others! (not a problem of regions)

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-106-dvd-drive-plays-some-dvds-but-not-others-not-a-problem-of-regions.117817/
Relevancy 52.03%

OK I have a Celron ghz m ram P running xp pro with sp My problem is my burner Pioneer reason : no locked region 107d for problems Pioneer d was copying a movie all Pioneer 107d problems : region locked for no reason is good suddenly errors hmmm tried everyting couldnt read original dvd rebooted comp checked all settings found in device manager it has locked to region im region which was set on purchase try to change and i get admin error and says please insert correct region media so I have tried a dvd and drive sits and spins without loading OK so I reformat hard drive Pioneer 107d problems : region locked for no reason and it the dvd then registers as no region with changes to go woohoo i say i change region back to all is good till next reboot when again its locked to region ok other than the hammer i have basically failed to solve the reason so I will just buy another BUT my question is if I install another dvd burner will the comp lock it as well cause i have read that i cant remove the dvd drive and put in another comp as it will still be locked tried and it was but if i install new drive will the comp automatically set it region are there hidden settings for this and if so what do i do The real bugger is comp is only months old and i dont want to have to replace hard drive burner or mother board to eliminate the problem I Thank in advance any who can help as this is so depressing thankyou nbsp

A:Pioneer 107d problems : region locked for no reason

look here for a firmware update: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1754

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pioneer-107d-problems-region-locked-for-no-reason.19137/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I use DVD Flick Burning files mpg files or Nero burning audio cd from mp3s.
Does it matter whether I burn from source hard drive or flash drive ?

Is it better to copy files to hard drive first before burning ?
Is it less chance of getting errors ? Or doesn't make any difference ?

Since flash drive doesn't have any parts to wear out.
Is it better to use flash drive as source or it doesn't make any difference to wearing of the hard drive ? I think it still wears out hard drive in any case regardless what source you from, but does it make any difference ?

Thanks.

A:Burning files from hard drive or flash drive ?

It makes no difference. You can use either method. Flash drives can transfer the data to the cache and DVD drive fast enough to avoid any buffer underrun errors.

If you're worried about getting errors, just drop the burning speed down a notch from maximum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-files-from-hard-drive-or-flash-drive-556077.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I've been reading almost everthing drive cd/dvd burning not on this subject and I'm so frustrated that the things I've tried haven't resolved my problem I tried cleaning the lense very carefully using different types and brand of media doing the FixIt cd/dvd drive not burning thing from cd/dvd drive not burning Microsoft uninstalling the drive and restarting deleting upper and lower filters thing doing the GEARAspi update thing deleting Itunes trying to find a driver from LG site for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T F nothing looking fro drivers on the Gateway site and installed the ones they had no cd dvd driver though and restoring everything from the factory install Nothing seems to work The only driver I have working on my cd dvd drive is cdrom sys Should I have other things in there Like PxHlpa sys or redbook sys I currently don't have iTunes and I have the upper and lower filters deleted becuase of the problems other people are having with this Right now I can burn stuff after restarting but it doesn't always complete the process Is there something else I should try I want to make sure that I've exhasted all software possibilities before I take it to the place I bought it from as the extended warranty only covers hardware

A:cd/dvd drive not burning

HL-DT-ST GSA-T50F Firmware TT04 Driver Download

Found this driver for you

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/282225-cd-dvd-drive-not-burning.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an Everex Stepnote laptop with windows 7 ultimate. My problem is my DVD drive is not burning CDs or Dvds anymore. It reads both cds and dvds but won;t write to them.I have tried using ImgBurn and DvdFab. Also the burning program that came with the laptop. I get io errors. I have tried the registry fix but I don't have the upper or lower keys, so that did not work. I uninstalled the device in device manager, and now I don't have a CD/DVD listing. The dvd device is listed under unknown with a yellow star and when expanded it shows Optiarc Dvd Rw AD-5530A Ata Device with a blue question mark. I tried updating the drivers but I get the message that I already have the best driver. Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Today i put in a dvd blank to burn a movie and it was set at 12x and it starts burning but only at 2x. i tried multipal speeds but it only will work at like 2x speed. i uninstalled it and reinstall it updated drivers and still same thing, was working fine the day before.

Relevancy 42.14%

Lately,i've been having problems burning any music.Ive used Windows Media Player and Real Player.

While using Real Player,I was trying to make a copy of a cd for someone and it took almost 15-20 minutes just to copy one song to my library.

in the lower right hand corner it had the following listed.
RA10 320kbps Speed:0.2X

I have no idea how to fix this problem.Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it?

A:Problems burning a cd.

Forget using Real Player for this task, get CDex, it's a free CD ripper, it'll make short work of ripping CD's. If you just want to copy a complete CD, it's much easier to use your burning software, I use Nero, others use EZ-CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-a-cd.204336/
Relevancy 42.14%

I burned a CD full of images and reformated my computer, and re-installed a bunch of stuff. Then I popped the disc back in and discovered it had been burned incorrectly and it's not reading ANYTHING. Is there any way I can retrieve those images from my disc?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello nbsp I have a HP Notebook laptop a burning cd Problems computer that is about months old It has Windows Problems burning a cd and an Intel i microprocessor nbsp I am trying to take the audio portion of a music concert DVD and burn it to a CD But I am having all sorts of problems nbsp Initially a family friend who is more knowledgeable than I am tried to do it but it wouldn't work Using a DVD audio extractor program he successfully extracted the audio portion of the DVD He created OGG files chapters in a file on my computer's hard drive The songs play on my computer so I know that portion of this process was successful nbsp The problems started when he tried to burn a CD nbsp He tried using iTunes but it wouldn't work Then after playing around with my computer a bit he tried something else The set-up phase appeared to work but we got a message stating that it would take more than hours to burn the CD a little more than hours of music divided into chapters Is this normal We aborted the process and he went home nbsp A few days later I tried Problems burning a cd it myself I really don't know what I am Problems burning a cd doing because I've never attempted to burn a CD before But I watched a HP Youtube vidoe on how to do this I loaded the blank CD and selected Windows Media Player I repeatedly kept trying to move the OGG files from my desktop to the Windows Media Player window I tried dragging the OGG files to both the drag items here to create a burn list and the Music library But it wasn't working The OGG files were not getting transferred to the burn list and they kept bouncing back to my desktop It is almost as if something was blocking the OGG files from being transferred to the burn list nbsp Can anyone help me How do I successfully burn a CD in this situation nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Problems burning a cd

Hi, Please use what ever software you are using to extract as MP3 files and you can burn to music CD or try the following products:     http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_convert_ogg_to_mp3_free (Note: I have not tested them). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Problems-burning-a-cd/td-p/5637580
Relevancy 42.14%

Whilst I am burning a DVD project on Nero Startsmart containing video files avi and mpg what I m about to explain can happen at different times while burning project onto a disc a message pops up telling me quot Burn Process Aborted Transcoding of Problems DVD Burning Videos Failed quot I have no idea what has happened and looked on the projects log file and it came up with this information INFORMATION cause bad format source DVDProcessor description Invalid Packets found in VOBU DumpExceptionInformation Caught SEH Exception xe d during encoding ERROR cause nmc processing exception source VOBS oGuardedProcessing description Exception during encoding I have no idea what this info means If someone could advise me on what I could do to correct this problem as it happens everytime I burn a DVD project onto a disc or tell me of any free downloadable DVD burning software free of viruses that would help me make my disc I would be very grateful Answers ASAP Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.411254/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Mac OS X Processor GHz Intel Core Duo Memory GB MHz DDR SDRAM I can play burned Burning problems dvd s and pre-recorded DVD s on my Mac but when I Burning problems go to burn I get the following messages quot The disc can t be burned because the device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media quot quot Burning the disc failed because an unexpected Burning problems error occured error code X E quot When a blank disc is loaded the Mac makes a few noises and ejects the disc I use Verbatim X and was advised that my Mac can only take X I have tried TDK - X and it is accepted and shows on the screen as quot untitled dvd quot but when I transfer the chapters to the quot untitled dvd quot it goes through all the processes and the dvd ejects When I go to replay nothing happens and the disc ejects I hope the above is not too convoluted and somebody can assist before I take it in to be serviced Thanks in advance Niloc nbsp

A:Burning problems

Not very familiar with Macs I'm afraid, but for all things CD and DVD related head over to http://club.cdfreaks.com and someone who knows more than me will point you in the right direction.

SlŠinte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.827302/
Relevancy 42.14%

when i try to burn an audio cd , my burner will start to spin up then stop, it will do this a few times then stop altogether. If i just wait it out it will finally start after appx. 10 mins. and the burn process will begin. I have been using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and it has always worked fine and fast. Now when it does finally burn it does so at a slow rate (12x).It used to burn at (32x) Tried uninstalling Roxio and tried using Sonic Burn Now , and windows xp burning program and got the same slow results. My burner ia a Sony CRX216E that came with my Dell. Checked the burner settings and it is set to DMA and to burn from this device. Any help to get this back to its normal speed would be GREAT !

A:cd burning problems

Have you changed the media you've been using? If not try uninstalling (disconnect the drive), then reboot and hook it up again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.478012/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I have previously been burning on Maxells DVD-r, with no problems. When I run out of discs I went onto using Sony DVD+r and I keep getting error messages at the start of the burn. On convertXtoDvd the error message is "write error at 1760 (16) code 03 80 04. Have tried using Nero but still doesn't work. I have used DVD+r in the past so not sure why I am having problems now. Can anyone advise?? Thank you!!

A:Burning problems on DVD+R

We could get into loads of technical talk about differences between - and + and info on your Drive capabilities and bios\driver updates; and even manufacture differences and incompatibilities

Or I could just state what to do
Use Maxells DVD-r discs (seeming they work)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-problems-on-dvd-r.119446/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried several ways to solve my problem of not being able to burn cd's from itunes. I have erased itunes and downloaded a new version but the problem persists. I can burn up to 10 songs (sometimes 1 or 2) and then it tells me an unexpected problem arises and the burn stops. Help!!!

Relevancy 42.14%

im not to sure if this belongs in the multimedia section, because it pertains to burning, but it might be more about my CD/DVD drive...

anyways i've done a lot of searching and nothing seems to solve my problem, i used to be able to burn dvds no problem, but recently it has stopped working. When i place a blank dvd into my drive nothing happens, i look into my computer and it just says there is no disk in the drive.

ive already tried uninstalling the drives and restarting the computer and fixing the .reg, but nothing seems to work, ive also tried updating the drive

any help? thanks in advance

Relevancy 42.14%

I have always had trouble finding a consistent brand of DVD RW that always works in my laptop. I have an HP Pavilion zd8213ea, and I burn using Nero. For example I need to clear hard disk space so gathered around 4GB of music files that I wanted to archive and store on DVD. I burnt these using Nero and the process seemed to go perfectly well, the data was validated and the disc popped out. I burnt this data to a Philips DVD+R. However when I put the DVD disc back into the machine, it isn't recognised in the D: drive.

Is this a common problem? I need to clear hard disk space so need an effective backup solution and as I have a DVD writer I'd like to use that as often as possible!

Thanks for reading

A:DVD burning problems

Hi just wanted to bump this up, because I am wondering is it usual to have to go through a trial and error process when finding the right DVD RW's to use? The same for CDRW's?

I just don't want to keep buying different brands if they don't work, but am totally confused that Nero said all was OK and now my drive won't recognise the disc when I put it back in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.763241/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys.. i posted a couple of weeks back about a problem with cd's not working in my drive... i've bought some disks that are readable in the drive, but now when i burn music or video, it turns out slow and is unreadable in my stereo or dvd player. Photo's and documents burn fine, it's just media. I use sonic to burn the disks, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, there are no firmware updates available either. Any suggestions? as i'm starting to think this is a hardware problem. Oh yeah i've adjusted the speed of the buring process as well.

A:cd burning problems

Hi...

So what speed are you burning at?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-problems-104164.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer is a Optiplex GX When I first got it months ago I downloaded my Nero burning software to it and couldn t get it to run I originally thought that my computer didn t have a burner and thought I might have to remove the actual drive from my old computer and put it in the new one Because I didn t have enough knowledge about doing that I kept putting it off and just continued to use the Nero on my old computer I finally got around to asking someone if this really was the problem and found out that my new computer problems Burning CD does have a burner but I had accidently changed some option on how the computer would read my drives I fixed those problems this morning and I got my Nero up and running I downloaded some songs to test it out and was able to burn CD Burning problems the music but I can t get the CD to play on my home stereo CD burner I even tried to play it on my home DVD player which has played the other CD s that I have burned When I try to play it on my stereo it shows that there are tracks or that it is a quot wrong disc quot I know sometimes CD s have to be finalized and I also tried that but that didn t work either I checked the Nero manual to see if maybe I could change some settings and the only thing I recognize different from before are the tabs in the quot Compilation Info quot tabs The tab quot CDA Options quot lists settings Tempfile Reference Device Dependent Diskspace default I read the information for these settings and tried each one and still can t get an audible copy The next tab is the quot Burn quot tab and usually I would have access to these choices Determine Maximum Speed Simulation Write Finalize CD no further writing possible Now the quot Burn quot tab shows the only option as quot Write quot and it is checkmarked If someone can let me know what the heck I m doing wrong I would really appreciate it Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.605177/
Relevancy 42.14%

Problem burning cd with a Lite-on LTR-24102B

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected]

A:CD burning problems

Hod said:

Operating system is XP at home
will read cd's but not burn.
Need help.
Please e mail any suggestions.
[email protected]comClick to expand...

It's time for a new combo burner Hod. They are not expensive, and this will save you a lot of time and grief

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problems.69214/
Relevancy 42.14%

I put in a blank DVD and it tells me to put in a blank DVD. I had burned a small clip I have made a few weeks ago, but now I can't. I have made a CD with the burner, and it plays CD's. I think something got turned off am not sure. I have vista....

any help would be great.

doc

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Izzy again I seem to be having problems burning to DVD just recently I use Nero and DVD shrink to Burning Problems Dvd backup my DVD s and have done so previously without problems You know how easily a DVD can be damaged and especially when you like Complete series like X-Files Keeping Up Appearances and Everybody Loves Raymond And can be costly at the end So i make copies to Burning Dvd Problems play and keep original safe There s nothing to say that it is illeagal to do so as long as you re not selling or giving to anyone Only personal use Anyway i can t seem to burn onto a DVD anymore copies from the disc OK but once complete burning it will come up at the end quot Burn Process Burning Dvd Problems Failed quot i ve added this details thing below a - - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Burning Dvd Problems Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files Ahead Nero Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version b Recorder lt HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B gt Version A - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral ST A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation started AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files reallocation completed no file modified AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line DVD-Video files sorted AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B running AM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B Media type DVD R Disc Manufacturer ID MCC Media Type ID Product revision number Disc Application Code Extended Information Indicators AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Insert empty disc to write to Medium in drive unknown Medium required by compilation DVD R RW DVD-R RW DVD-RAM AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA- B for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files started AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File APIProgress cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item relocatable disc pos no patch infos orig at write at AM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD R Part Version x Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F ... Read more

A:Burning Dvd Problems

My PC is an ACER Aspire system it has a Combo CD/DVD burner unsure of whatever it is in specs as far as i know CD burn is 52x and DVD burn is 16x i just hope it's not the burner that has gave up burning it seems to be reading dics and games .

WinXP SP2
P4 2.8ghz
768mb ram

80GB hardrive, 49gb free

256mb video card Radeon pro 9800

just if that helps in anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34477/burning-dvd-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have recently had a new motherboard installed and since my computer came back from the shop it has not been able to burn cd's.
Here is the message:

Windows Media Player cannot play, sync, or burn the protected file because a problem occurred with the Windows Media Digital Rights Management (DRM) system. You might need to connect to the Internet to update your DRM components. For additional assistance, click Web Help.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

A:problems with cd-r burning.

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=t..._sitesearch=microsoft.com&as_rights=&safe=off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-cd-r-burning.499429/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi im trying to burn an iso image file. I have tried two programs, nero and easy cd creator 6. On nero it gives the following error, track following error burn process failed @ 16X. I have dropped the speed down from I believe 24X. On easy cd creator it says E80004005 unspecified error. I have windows xp, a yamaha crw3200E and also a hp dvd writer dvd300i. If i'm not mistaken the yamaha is set to master and the dvd to slave. If I have left any thing out please let me know and I will give more details. Thanks a lot need help on this one.

Relevancy 42.14%

downloaded a movie , It is bin and cue I put it in nero and the file which was 772 mb, in nero it now reads 1237 mb . Obviously it is too big to burn on a single cd, can I change this file /movie format to put on a dvd . What program(s) would do this . OR what is the easiest method of burning this Thanks.

A:cd/dvd burning problems

Where did you download the movie from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning-problems.490556/
Relevancy 42.14%

Im having trouble burning dvds
I have windows xp, my computer is a Compaq Presario,

im trying to burn films to Dvd in the AVI format,
ive tried through windows media player and just got errors..
Now ive downloaded Nero and even when the burns complete the disks dont work in Xbox 360 or in dvd players (ive tried 2)
the disks are Maxwell ProX Dvd+R.

Can anybody help me sort this out please?

Thanks in advance, Markus

A:Xp Burning Problems..

The AVI files first have to be run through a DVD authoring program to convert them into DVD file format. If the Nero product you have includes Nero Vision you can use that program to create the DVD files. If not try DVD Flick.

Once the files are created make sure they work by viewing them with a media player. If WMP won't play DVD's get VLC media player.

Then when you know the DVD files work OK use Nero to burn them to a DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-burning-problems.898073/
Relevancy 42.14%

C D AB Cannot burn files to CD Windows Media Player cannot CD burning problems burn copy the selected files to the CD To fix the problem do one or more of the following Clean the disc and verify that it is not damaged Select a slower recording write speed for CD burning problems the CD burner recorder Try a different brand of blank discs Quit other programs To select a slower recording speed On the Tools menu click Options and then click the Devices tab In Devices double-click the name of CD burning problems the CD burner recorder and then click the Recording tab In the write-speed list select a slower speed Error ID xC D AB Condition ID x Also have problem when trying to create CD and DVD from Explorer I've tried all the options above I've tried uninstalling the Nec a reinstalling standard MS drivers I've upgraded to version of the firmware I've upgraded to WMP Ver still same problem Recently I installed XP Service Pack has anyone else had a problem following install of SP Help system info - OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OFFICE System Manufacturer Tiny Computers System Model MS- System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc Version T SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp sp rtm - quot User Name OFFICE Gary Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

Go to the device manager and check to see if DMA is being used !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-burning-problems-15501.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there I've been using nero to burn for a long time two weeks ago the program sometimes got stuck in the first second of the burn Without Burning problems XP in even starting to burn the program all I saw was quot checking disc quot and that was that when I tried to restart from this position since it used to hang the whole system it seemed that little program called INcd it's a packet writing program that functions like XP's drag and drop burn was Burning problems in XP not responding I removed INcd Burning problems in XP and the burn Burning problems in XP ran after that but it gets stuck on the Lead in Lead out at the end of the disk Dont get me wrong it finishes burning but the burn screen just stays there there counting Trying to close it dosent help and sends my computer into another hang frenzy I've removed nero and now use nero but with the same effect Trying to use XP's built in writer works but once only when I try to burn another disk the cd-r wont clear itself from the list though it's out of the drive and windows tells me I have no room for the burn insert a blank disk That's that The burner is Yamaha CRW-F external scsi my system is Athalon AMD xp MB ram Radeon pro MB Win XP after SP Thank you Guy

A:Burning problems in XP

when nero starts did it tell you if it was compatible with sp2? If it did, you have to download the latest version of nero. I know that previous versions did not work well with xp sp2.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-problems-in-xp-16270.html
Relevancy 42.14%

In DVD Shrink I got this message after many successful burns C - - E burning problems DVD -MA X- - - Windows XP AMD Wow Process WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM ahead WinASPI File C Program Files x Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM NT-SPTI used Nero API version Using interface version Installed in C Program Files x Nero Nero Core Application ahead Nero - Burning Rom Internal Version Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral NVIDIA STRIPE DVD burning problems G nvrd Port ID DMA Off NVIDIA nvstor Port ID DMA Off NVIDIA nvstor Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map ATAPI DVD A DH A P E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled NeroAPI PM Text File NeroBurnCommon cpp Line Message file not found Existing drivers File Drivers ASPI SYS Ver size bytes created PM File Drivers PXHELP SYS Ver a size bytes created AM Prassi Veritas driver for win K Registry Keys HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion WinLogon When I burn with Nero Recode DVD burning problems however everything works but there was an error burning layer whatever that is Thanks for any help nbsp

Don't know if we are able to assist with this issue. You are not asking about piracy, but the only reason to use a combination of dvdshink and nero recode is to copy movies.

I've reported the thread to the moderators. If they give the ok, then I will do my best to asssit you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.852763/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
Please could some one help me out here only i have no hair left to rip out.
I can not get my pc to burn audio files off the hard drive in fact when i put a cd/r disk in to my burner the light flashes on it but it not reconise the disk.
I have replace the IDE cables, Tried different burners, uninstalled xp and installed it again, the hard drive has been formatted, I have tried the burner on different IDE cables as well as making it a slave to the hard drive....non of these work.
My pc is running on XP and will burn data to a DVD/r

p.s I have tried three different burning programmes.

A:Burning Problems

are all the drive seen in windows? is the burner seen as cd/rw?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burning-problems-77675.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been trying to burn files onto CD-R's and haven't been able to do so using my 3-year old NEC DVD-RW ND-1300A drive, on Windows XP. On Nero, I keep getting many errors: power calibration error, invalid write state, could not perform EndTrack, session fixation error, and could not perform fixation. I've even tried to reformat my own computer, make sure nothing else was running, and I've even tried to disable start up type but to no avail. All CDs and DVDs run fine; there's no problem with reading any CD/DVD. I used to be able to burn CDs in earlier years but I can't now for some reason...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I plugged in a new external DVD-RW drive and it appears to work; any ideas on what may be wrong with my current DVD-RW drive?

Your old NEC is worn out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning-problems.84223/
Relevancy 42.14%

This seems a common problem in all early releases of windows. I basically open up the dvd drive in windows - past the files I want to burn to dvd - then I get that folder shortcut 'you have have files waiting to be burned' - but I don't get an option burn on right click.

I was in a hurry tonight - so just fired up power2go - burnt disc no problems ?

Any idea wots wrong with with Windows burning

A:DVD Burning problems

Hello kingrollo,

You might see if this may be able to stop the "You have files waiting to be burned to disc" message for you to be able to burn again.

You have files waiting to be burned to disc - Stop Message - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33692-dvd-burning-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to burn my film footage onto a dvd, i have used tmpgenc and tmpgenc DVD author to create the files, but whenever i burn them onto a DVD-r or DVD+r, using nero, then the disk will not run in ,y DVD player and it shows bad disk on the display....

And yet if i burn it onto a DVD+rw it will work,

does anyone have any ideas why it wont work on a DVD-R/+R

One DVD player here will only work with RW media, one will work only with -R Media...

Its all to do with the laser output and the reflectivity of the media.
Sometimes the brand of media has an effect.

There is no "standard" only variations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.202080/
Relevancy 42.14%

ok so heres the deal bought a new dvd burner a lite-on DH A P which came with now software or anything at all and i bought a spindle of RiData Dvd-R s Installed the drive no disc in the drive it ll give me the quot burn these files to disc quot option included in windows but when i have a disc in i lose that option the drive does work though burning Help!!!! problems! i know this because i can burn image files w powerISO and i can use roxio to burn video dvds but i dont know why i cant just copy paste and write the files as a data disc like i do on any other computer These are some of my specs Windows XP Pro SP Dell burning problems! Help!!!! Dimension DIM Intel Pentium CPU GHz MB RAM Also I burned a DVD with Roxio and the output quality on this dvd burning problems! Help!!!! was pretty bad really blocky and whatnot can someone suggest burning problems! Help!!!! something better to use Any Help For Either Problem Would Be Greatly Appreciated THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ- S drive in my laptop and am having problems burning cd s It fails during the write process I am using the latest version of Nero and use Memorex cd-r for recording and I have attached the burn log Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version e Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected ATAPI CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral HTS G AT atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S D CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item Problems cd's burning log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Track No wav Total size PM Text File Problems burning cd's Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S SmoothLink activated PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using CD-R RW media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM AUDIO NOPRE Track No wav indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM AUDIO NOPRE... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Every time I burn a DVD either from video files or copy my own personal non commercial DVD s the picture gets all quot pixleated quot and breaks up about - minutes into the DVD on play back and will often stop and restart from the beginning I get the same problem on either of my DVD burners I also get the same problem if I use Nero DVD Shrink DVD Fab Platinum or other programs This problem is new it just started recently and I can t figure out why The picture quality is great otherwise no sound issues I do not get any error message and the burn process seems to be normal I ve tried slowing down the burn speed but that doesn t matter I looks through many pages of thread and don t see a problem like this posted I m running Windows XP SP with over GB or Ram and an AMD Does anyone have Problems burning DVD's any suggestions as to what could be causing this and how to fix it Thanks in advance to anyone that offers help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I am currently using DVD Architect 4.5 and have been using it for a while.

But, I have started to have problems with burning disc. Everything I have tried I get the same error message below. Have not had any problems until the past week. All video are 1 hour or less and using the format for DVDE in Vegas Pro. Even the files I have saved in DVD Arch. will not burn.
I currently have 2 burners. 1. Plextor PX-760A and 2. HP dvd 940. When I try it in either drive I get the same error.
Can anyone offer any suggestion.
Thanks,
Jeff
ERROR MESSAGE:
'SFMMCX'-(17)
''-(0)
-'PLEXTOR DVDR PX-760A 1.07'-(0)
Module f:\source\sonic3\release\dvdarchitect\5.0\cddrvs\sfcd\sfmmcx.cpp Line 2144
A medium error occurred.
A Power Calibration Area error has occurred.
Command: 2a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 20 00
Sense: 03 73 03
Info: 00 00 00 00
Specific: 00 00 00
Extra: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Can someone offer any assistance for this problem.

Tks,
Jeff

A:DVD Burning Problems

How you succesfully used this brand of disk before?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.784806/
Relevancy 42.14%

I know that I m probably pretty outdated using Sonic Foundry Siren to copy my cds however it always worked well for me so why change it I would also use Adaptec Easy Cd Creator but now that one says there is a file missing or something The Nero that I had says that it does not work with my recorder but only the one that it is bundled with Anyway Siren never let me down I have a Spanish learning cd that I bought and a friend of mine would CD???? Problems Burning like to have a copy I would let her use mine but I m afraid that something could happen All of a sudden I have Buffer Problems Burning CD???? Underrun errors I try lowering the Problems Burning CD???? writing speed but nothing is happening I m wondering if it s the format that it s in because I Problems Burning CD???? got an error message concerning that in another program not sure which one anymore I hope I ve made myself clear in the issue I m having because I always seem to leave out important information I m running Win Could you advise me on another program that would be easy to use I went to download com and downloaded JetAudio because it had good reviews and seemed easy but I can t get any sound out of it I ve tried everything I can typically figure these things out however today is not my day Thanks Shari nbsp

A:Problems Burning CD????

Very general answer: When I have trouble with software or hardware, I always remove it from my system, reboot, then re-install it. 90% of the time, this fixes it for me. Hope it does the same for you, T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cd.313477/
Relevancy 42.14%

Every time a try to burn a dvd movie or game, it takes a very long time to do it. To burn an average movie, used to take me about 20-30 minutes, now it takes up to an hour and i am not sure why this is the case.

It also takes up to 40 minutes just to back up a dvd movie using DVD-Shrink, this was not always the case as well.
Programs: DVD-Shrink to backup up movies, Alcohol to backup games.
Nero 7 ultra edition to burn dvds
Specs: HP DVD Writer640b (CD-RW/DVD-writer)

A:DVD burning Problems..?

Sorry we cannot assist with this topic.

Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Thank you

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.534754/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi having probs with burnt dvds they play to about half way the start skipping and pausing thought it mayby dvd burner but tried another one and done same thing any help would be great thanks.
amd xp 2200
256mb ram
xp home sp 2

Relevancy 42.14%

I am having problems burning DVD S When I put a DVD Movie to burn in Drive D then a Blank DVD RW into drive E I keep getting a error message saying quot Please Insert a Blank rewriteable DVD quot I tried new DVD RW DVD S and kept getting the same message any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance I have Record Now Sonic Version and windows XP Below is the responce I got from sonic I am using Sony amp Memorex DVD RW and How do you tell which media your Burner prefers RW or RW- pat quot The problem may be in the media itself Are you using the correct media for your drive Example are you using -RW media when your burner only ? Problems DVD Burning uses RW Are you doing an exact copy and trying to burn a DVD R to DVD-R or vice versa Also make sure that you are using the branded media recommended by the manufacturer Generic or quot cheap quot media has been known to cause a fair share of wasted discs and money for Sonic users If you type in the model of your burner into the following link it Burning DVD Problems ? can tell you what kind of media you can burn to and what the best brands are to use usually nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hey im gonna keep this plane and simple.

Description of problem:

I cannot copy anything basicly, DVDs,games,music, everything. I use All types of discs, like DVD-R and CD-R. Any help would be thankful

My Burner:
Is a LITE-ON Model = DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Logfiles & Information:
Logfiles & Information

Scan the file if you wish, but there are no spyware,shareware, or virus in it. Just two simple documents, of logfiles, one of Nero and the other from Alchohal 120%

Again any help would be aprichiated.

A:DVD/CD-R Burning Problems

I'm going to keep this simple too. We don't assist in illegal activities, like copying Movies, Games, etc.

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-r-burning-problems.410121/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8588 it says DVD-RW/CD-RW on the cover ..but when ever a put a dvd disk in( I have tried DVD+R and DVD-RW) it says please insert a blank recordable disk in drive...I tried burning with Nero. I did a registry scan and downloaded drivers from the Panasonic website...I am not very computer savy and have no clue what to do...I am thinking about just buying an external burner....but if a have one it seems pointless...can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems-help.606158/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello. As you might have guessed, i'm having a problem burning my DVDs. They get to around 2-3%, then fail. I've tried different brands, mostly Verbatim & Traxdata, and the same problem.
The error code I'm getting id -109, 98759c5c

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.906921/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey im gonna keep this plane and simple.

Description of problem:

I cannot copy anything basicly, DVDs everything. I use All types of discs, like DVD-R and CD-R. Any help would be thankful

My Burner:
Is a LITE-ON Model = DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Logfiles & Information:
Logfiles and information

Scan the file if you wish, but there are no spyware,shareware, or virus in it. Just two simple documents, of logfiles, one of Nero and the other from Alchohal 120%

Again any help would be aprichiated.

JOHNWILL - Moderator Closed my last topic, i want to point out that i never said i was copying movies and games like that, i take a media course in school, and i need to get my DVDRW to work, so i can bring in my animation project, or anything else i do. When i say Games I mean flash games, or mods, for things like BF2. Not Illgal Piracy.

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a setup of windows 7 on my harddisk. i want to burn it on my cds but unfortunately i do not know how to. can anyone help? which software should i use? thanks

A:burning problems

Hi -

Create an image using Windows 7 -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...a-system-image

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ings-and-files

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burning-problems-520644.html
Relevancy 42.14%

First-time poster:

Dell computer, Windows XP, Windows Media Player. Sony CD-R disc.

I am trying to burn a copy of a new music CD for my daughter.

Seems to rip OK into the hard drive. Will play back just fine on computer.

When I burn it on CD-R disc, it is "choppy", "skips" (?), split-second of silence then music- don't know how to describe it!

Have tried twice with new CD-R disc each time, no help.

A:Problems Burning CD

You might try a different brand of disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-cd.708688/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to bur a back up copy of a film I want to make sure I can keep. I have not burnt any films before,, but I appear to be able to get past the protection but when I try to burn the DVD it appears that the total file size is 2 to 3 times bigger than my DVD. I am a complete novice at this so any pointers in the right direction, appropriate information sources to read, would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Walalcev

A:Problems burning DVD

sir,
you need to read the forum rules,
on this forum,
illegal activities are not permitted any help
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-burning-dvd.798378/
Relevancy 42.14%

After a factory reboot i can't burn anything to disc. I'm using nero 7 ultra. I can transcode but at the burning stage it comes up error. has anybody got any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.564439/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hope that someone can help me. My friend needs for me to try to make a DVD from a video of her brothers funeral.. She already has the footage transferred to disc, and wanted to know if I could re-arrange it on another DVD. I loaded her files into my computer. There are 11 separate files. When I view them on the computer I can see the entire thing, each file is approximately 10 minutes long. However, when I try to burn a new DVD, I can only record the first twenty seconds of so from each of the files. I am using an HD DVD 640 recorder. Any suggestions? It's driving me nuts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.439711/
Relevancy 42.14%

Call for help!

I have a gateway 700xl desktop with windows xp pro operating system. I have 120 gb hard disk with 512mb ram. I have had difficulty burning cd-r's and dvd-r's and at times my hard drive space has been below 15% but even when I free up space above that critical level (120gb I found out is not a lot) I am experiencing difficulty burning, no matter what software I try (and I have tried a lot).

I really want to free up my hard drive but don't want to throw away all the internet junk I have accumulated.

A:dvd burning problems

We need details, such as the product you are trying to use, the steps you are using, any error messages, and the exact problem.

If you are using EZ Creator did you install the two XP updates using their procedure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-problems.106147/
Relevancy 42.14%

HI, im new to this forum and I have a question. I have a Pentium 4 2ghz 256 mb of ram and a CD-RW&DVD player in 1 and whenever I burn music cd's off it, you can hardly hear the songs it statics and fades in and out and sometimes dont even play? Sorry I don't know the brand name of the burner but its a gateway pc. Any help???? thanks

A:CD-Burning Problems

Hi and welcome. Do store bought music cds play correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-problems.292893/
Relevancy 42.14%

Help Needed I recently upgraded to Windows XP and am trying to burn some cds from albums I ve Cd Burning Problems stored Cd Burning Problems on my hard drive All of the albums are stored on the hard drive in wma lossless format I stored the albums using Windows Media Player rip function When I Cd Burning Problems try to make a mix cd of songs from various albums the cd gets burned in the wma format and not the cda format my car and home player can read I have two cd recorders One is a LITE-ON LTR S and the other is a NU CDRW DVD DBW I was using Nero Express from Nero to burn cds although I get the same results when I try to burn using Media Player on either recorder Could someone PLEASE explain to me what I m doing wrong and show me how to burn them in cda format Then I can play them on my home cd player as well as in my car I would be extremely grateful TQUAD

A:Cd Burning Problems

Yes.WMP uses a proprietary format, which means...it's not necessarily compatible with anything other than a device which reads .wmv or .wma files. There are other programs which can read those files, but it's not because .wma or .wmv makes it easy .The .mp3 format is not a proprietary format and is capable of being read by various players and programs easily.Microsoft makes it easy to convert from .mp3 to .wma, but not from .wma to .mp3.And .cda files are just the recorded files on a CD. They cannot be copied to a system, they must be ripped from the CD and converted to a given music/file format.In essence, you should have ripped the music, using just about any other player other than WMP (MusicMatch, WinAmp, etc.) and you would have had your files in .mp3 format.There are programs that purport to convert from .wma to .mp3, but I haven't tried any.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=c...a+files+to+.mp3Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112571/cd-burning-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

every time i make a cd there's clicking noises on most of the songs. i recently got win xp and i'm using nero 5.5.9.9. can someone please help me out?

A:burning problems

Hard to say without hearing them, but it would be useful to know something about your system. I'm going to have to guess that you have something running that's interfearing with the burning process. Have you tried burning them at as slow a speed as your drive supports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-problems.122279/
Relevancy 42.14%

Have recently been suffering all sorts of issues burning dvds and cd-r's Problems Burning in the majority of cases they either physically eject or the message ' the medium has changed' appears when nothing has ejected and all goes downhill from here those that do appear to succeed are unreadable in either dvd players or in the dvd drive Burning Problems This is happening with Nero Convert x to dvd and also when burning music with itunes - i have confirmed that ASPI's are in order and have deleted and reinstalled firmware - and nothing - the physical burner appears fine - have tested with nero tools and nothing out of the ordinary so this leaved me pointing the finger at unwanted goblins messing about Burning Problems with the circuitary - apologies if this is possibly the wrong forum to place though thought this would be the best way to get to the bottom of it thanks for even reading this ramble - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files Duel Systems DuelAdapter DuelService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exeC Program Files Duel Systems DuelAdapter DuelTray exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeH Program Files adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PCCMAIN EXEC WINDOWS notepad exeC PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccVScan exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero StartSmart NeroStartSmart exeC Program Files Nero Nero Core nero exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exeC Program Files Azureus Azureus exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Comm... Read more

A:Burning Problems

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, please be sure you have read and followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/All advice given is taken at your own risk.I apologise for the wait, there are just more logs that the volunteers can get to as fast as they would like. I am not seeing anything that looks like malware in the HJT log. I am going to suggest this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/If that should be the wrong place, they will direct you to where they want you. Another option would be: http://www.nero.com/enu/support.htmlThanks for your patience.pskelleyBleepingComputer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143996/burning-problems/