Windows Support Forum

Windows 8 start up issue

Q: Windows 8 start up issue

Hi guys.
I have problem in starting my Laptop,window could not start normall I got black screen infront
of me whenever I start it so I have to ctrl+Alt+del to start it then thats the time windows is up and
running.What seems to be the problem?Please help I no idea in this issue

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8 start up issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8 start up issue

Hi Bonmar,

It may be possible that Secure sign-in requiring all users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del is enabled on your computer. This generally provides an additional layer of security to protect the system.

In order to disable this option, please try the following steps:

In the Start screen, type netplwiz in the Search box, and then press ENTER.
Administrator permission is required. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click the Advanced tab, un-check the "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" check box, and then click Apply/Ok.
Hopefully, this may resolve the issue for you. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-start-up-issue.195528/
Relevancy 46.87%

When ever start my computer I get to my Desktop and a message pops up saying "could not load or run 'c:\windows\system32\pmnnl.exe make sure the file on your computer of remove the reffrence to it in the registry". The thing that usualy load at start up arent loading. I recently denied access a program and thought that, that created the problem.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a custom built desktop that doesn t want to start from the hard drive I have the disk and can access safe modes bios system recovery I can get it to start from the disk once I go through the start-up repair process I have gone to the restore point I didn t create an quot image quot So that s not an option I Issue Start-up Windows 7 have scanned my computer Windows 7 Start-up Issue w full scan options w Avast Super Anti-spyware and Malwarebytes I ve used the latest rkill just to see what I could see Nothing was found The start-up Windows 7 Start-up Issue repair states there are no issues However Windows hangs up after log-in or as I log-in It acts as though I didn t click enter Then I might make it to the opening screen but everything will lock-up if I try to access anything I shutdown and try it all again I set Avast to monitor start-up I m hoping it might reveal something Also Avast and Malwarebytes have had some alterations to their settings sorta Avast was stating it wasn t properly updated though I had manually updated it in response to the warning Malwarebytes was not active or something like that I updated it as well I have the logs for the scans if you want them Thank you for any help you can give

A:Windows 7 Start-up Issue

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===PLEASE NOTE: Most authorities say that a PC with a polymorphic file infector can never again be trusted and should be reformatted. You should seriously consider reformatting and reinstalling Windows.That said, if you wish we can attempt disinfection but you are cautioned that theoretically you can never be sure cleaning is 100% complete.Read all these directions before proceeding.When you have the .ISO file downloaded, you need to create a bootable disk or flash drive with it, using a clean PC to do that. The .ISO file is a disk image. It should NOT be burned as a regular file. You need a program like ImgBurn that can burn an .ISO image. I think a CD is best as there is no way anything can write on it after it is made, but the USB may be more convenient and easier.Be sure to read these:Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10How to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to an USB device and boot my computer from it?How to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 to a CD/DVD and boot my computer from the disk?Summarizing:Go to a clean PC.Download the .iso image file.Create a CD (or flash drive if you prefer).At the infected PC: put the disk in the drive and reboot.Follow the directions here, but you will find some differences. Familiarize yourself with How to create a report file in Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10?Print the following directions:Boot from Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10:Restart your computer and put the disk in the drive while booting. Press any key. A loading wizard will start (you will see the menu to select the required language). If you do not press any key in 10 seconds, the computer boots from hard drive automatically.Select the required interface language using the arrow-keys on your keyboard.Press the Enter key on the keyboard.In the start up wizard window that opens, select the Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode Click Enter.Click 'A' to accept the agreement.Select operating system from dropdown menu (select Windows whatever)Select Objects to scan: check Disk boot sectors, Hidden startup objects, C:Click My Update Center and update if any availableBack to other tab and click Start Object Scan.(It took 3 hours to scan my 47G)When scan has completed save a report:On the upper part of the Kaspersky Rescue Disk window, click on the Report link.On the bottom right hand corner of the Protection status - Kaspersky Rescue Disk window, click on the Detailed Report button.On the upper right hand corner of the Detailed report window, click on the Save button.After clicking Detailed Report and 'SAVE', a browse window opens. Double-click on the \Click 'disks'.All your drives will be shown and you can easily double-click C and save the report to C:\KasperskyRescueDisk10.txt.Click on the Save button.The report has been saved to the file.Remove the disk from the drive (or disconnect USB) and reboot normally.Post the content of the file for my review.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447938/windows-7-start-up-issue/
Relevancy 46.87%

My laptop has had a lot of issues starting earlier today Now I can't do anything To start with my fan stopped working I had assumed that was hardware related it still may be but I'm not as sure now It issue 8 start-up Windows shut down a few times from overheating so I bought a laptop usb fan that helped some it made it through start up I always let it cool down Windows 8 start-up issue again before trying to boot it up Maybe that means there is less of a chance that something melted I don't know It didn't brick from overheating So after I got it running I opened task manager and Windows 8 start-up issue removed some programs from start-up so that it wouldn't heat up as much Later on after having to restart it again from overheating I tried playing a game with the new fan it didn't work out I was unable to open most programs except browsers I tried opening task manager Windows 8 start-up issue that also wouldn't come up I tried going into PC settings to do something and it froze up I had to turn it off but it wasn't too hot Same problem with the programs task manager so I tried restarting it said something about task host stopping background tasks So I had to shut the power off So I started it up in safe mode I ran Malwarebytes but the laptop overheated during the scan I ended up grabbing a box fan I dusted it thoroughly to put under the laptop then decided to just try a system restore instead of a virus scan The large fan kept it cool so it didn't overheat At the end of the system restore it failed while finalizing and suggested I try a different restore point So I chose the one from an update earlier today It failed again while finalizing same x error I think I wish I'd wrote down because there is probably a lot that could be But it seems to have messed up a lot this time After that the laptop fails on start up and goes to auto recovery In auto recovery I no longer have an account so no administrator account All of the troubleshooting options require an admin account and booting up Windows always fails I did more harm than good trying to fix this I've never messed anything up because of a virus I think my warranty only covers hardware issues so I think I screwed myself on that but when I couldn't open task manager or most programs that weren't web browsers I was pretty sure I had a malware problem

A:Windows 8 start-up issue

Welcome to TSF.

If the fan has failed, I'm afraid there is no amount of fiddling around with any software that will somehow 'automagically' fix it. The fan will need to be replaced so that the computer doesn't melt itself and start a fire.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-start-up-issue-984521.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently Windows Start-up Issue XP encountered some Windows XP Start-up Issue infections on my laptop which is running Windows XP Home Edition Os would freeze I used Malwarebytes Spybot and Superantispyware to remove all infections I have two user accounts and cannot start them up I can boot into safe mode and I already tried quot Last Known Good Configuration quot with no fix When I click the user account to open that account it is attempting to start up but a comand prompt window keeps flashing on the screen it s like a program is trying to run on start-up It is titled C windows system cmd exe and C windows system command com or exe I never get to the desktop I can open up Task manager but can t start explorer exe I really need to get into my second account Bridget When I boot into safe mode I can only select Administrator or my account Josh Bridget is only listed when I try to boot normal To me I m thinking it is the registry or something I have all the cds what can I do

A:Windows XP Start-up Issue

Hi .

Any (exact details, please) error messages?

System manufacturer and model?

My wild guess would be that you are infected or system files have been damaged by infection/removal efforts.

I suppose that you could try a repair install or running the sfc /scannow command...in an effort to repair/replace missing/damaged system files.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376805/windows-xp-start-up-issue/
Relevancy 46.87%

I cannot start my PC in safe mode or normal mode. The PC gets the MtxDma0.sys file in safe mode and then reboots. The cycle continues. I have tried booting from my original XP disk and it detects the operating system, takes me through a repair sequence of prompts, says it is ok restarts the computer but the problem still occurs. In Normal mode it gets to the Windows XP logo screen with the activity/progress bar at the bottom. The activity/progress bar runs for about 5-8 seconds then the reboot starts again.
any help would be appriciated.

regards

A:Windows XP start up issue

Can you post the specs of your computer? When using the XP disc, choose the option for Recovery console. It will bring you to a DOS prompt and run a disk check.

command would be
C:\> chkdsk /f

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-start-up-issue.788827/
Relevancy 46.87%

Have a AMD FX-53 processor on Windows XP Pro OS, Asus SK8N motherboard with two 80Gb hard drives utilizing a RAID 1. On a LAN with two other PC's.

Every night at midnight system turns itself on, any suggestions as to how to stop this?

A:Windows XP start Issue

Have you checked the bios for timers or wake on X[where x is a hardware device] commands ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-start-issue.278449/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I start my computer I am getting a screen with the following message:

Windows is failing to start and it might be a result of a recent hardware or software change.

My two options are:

Launch startup repair (recommended)
Start normally

I have tried both options...and what ends up happening is the microsoft scan bar runs endlessly and the computer is non responsive

Looking for help or diagnosis

Thanks

A:Windows start up issue..Any help?

I would suggest testing the memory and hard drive for errors:

Memory:
Memtest86 - Download Page
Drive:
Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-start-up-issue-any-help-552645.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Help.....my PC which runs Windows XP was working fine until today. I start it up and the Windows XP logo comes up like a normal boot up however I get a message about wanting to start in a safe mode and before you can type in Y it kicks out and it continues to jsut recycle itself over and over without letting me stop it until I manually shut the PC down.

Appreciate any assistance on what I could do to restore back to normal operations. THANKS !!

A:Windows XP Start Up Issue

Start by booting from the XP CD, entering the Recovery Console by pressing "R" when prompted, and running chkdsk /p.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-start-up-issue.598193/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m unable to get into Windows XP Professional on my computer After the XP Welcome screen loads instead of the desktop appearing it just shows a black screen with a movable white mouse cursor I can t get into SafeMode or any other option under F to access XP My computer is a generic no-name PC that was given to me by a friend It has physical drives and drive partitions C drive - Windows Professional SP D drive - some Adobe applications Pro: Windows XP On Start Please Help Up/Log Issue - F drive - Windows XP Professional SP I can Please Help - Windows XP Pro: Start Up/Log On Issue log in normally to the C drive Windows partition see all the other drives and access the data on all the drives I m using the Windows partition now to access the Internet and write this message I saw what I think is the problem I m experiencing discussed here http forums techguy org windows-xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup- html Ackbar found that Microsoft patch kb was causing the problem and found that by booting to an XP Install disc Please Help - Windows XP Pro: Start Up/Log On Issue and uninstalling the patch using the recovery console solved the problem I was really hopeful when Please Help - Windows XP Pro: Start Up/Log On Issue I saw this thread as I think that s exactly what has happened in my situation too I could not get into XP beginning about the same time I don t have the install disc for Windows XP Professional as the computer is a hand-me-down Some of the other posters in the thread above suggested that any Windows XP install disc should work as just the recovery console needs to be accessed So I borrowed an install disc from a neighbor that is made by Dell for quot Windows XP media Center Version with Update Rollup quot I followed the instructions boot off your windows xp cd press r for recovery console select your windows install in my case and that is where I got confused The Windows install options were listed as C WINNT E Windows But the C drive is Windows Professional and the E drive is the Dell Windows XP install disc in the CD drive Why doesn t the F drive installation my computer s Windows XP Prof installation appear Have I done something wrong Is there a way to access the F drive Windows XP Prof installation so I can uninstall the patch Could someone please help I feel like I m so close to resolving this issue Thanks very much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all!

I have the following problem: My Start button is not working. I have tried for some time to fix it with the help of Dr. Google, but so far I had no luck. I have tried the following solutions except resetting the system or rolling back to a backup (stupid me forgot to make a roll back point... :-/ ):
FINALLY SOLVED: Windows 10 Start Button Not Working, Cortana, Edge and Store Not Working - YouTube
SOLVED: Windows 10 Start Menu and Modern Apps Do Not Function - Up & Running Technologies Calgary

If I log on to the newly created account, the Start menu works as intended, but in my main account, nothing happens when I click on it.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.

A:Windows 10 Start menu issue

Hello Gelo31415 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Upgrade to 10 or clean install of 10? like I didn't already know you saw a buggy upgrade most likely! And that will take a fresh Clean Install in order to get straightened out most likely. I have to forewarn about that having been through last summer enough times!

At first 10 wouldn't even upgrade over the clone of 7 and afterwards a fresh clean install of 7 until reviewing the guide there and discovering I had to unplug the storage drives as well as the original 7 drive I wanted left intact in order to try 10 out! The initial upgrade wouldn't allow anything but games to be installed and saw the Upgrade to Repair method used with the second upgrade over the first during the first week.

And for the second PC? While everything seemed to go well for the second desktop a 7 laptop ended up seeing no Start button and you couldn't open the Start>AllApps section at all. That was to be expected and saw an immediate clean install replacement by then. I waited a week back then to get the second upgrade activated which by then was simply replaced by the first clean install of 10 which is likely what you will end up needing.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/43976-windows-10-start-menu-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all!

I have the following problem: My Start button is not working. I have tried for some time to fix it with the help of Dr. Google, but so far I had no luck. I have tried the following solutions except resetting the system or rolling back to a backup (stupid me forgot to make a roll back point... :-/ ):
FINALLY SOLVED: Windows 10 Start Button Not Working, Cortana, Edge and Store Not Working - YouTube
SOLVED: Windows 10 Start Menu and Modern Apps Do Not Function - Up & Running Technologies Calgary

If I log on to the newly created account, the Start menu works as intended, but in my main account, nothing happens when I click on it.

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.

Upgrade to 10 or clean install of 10? like I didn't already know you saw a buggy upgrade most likely! And that will take a fresh Clean Install in order to get straightened out most likely. I have to forewarn about that having been through last summer enough times!

At first 10 wouldn't even upgrade over the clone of 7 and afterwards a fresh clean install of 7 until reviewing the guide there and discovering I had to unplug the storage drives as well as the original 7 drive I wanted left intact in order to try 10 out! The initial upgrade wouldn't allow anything but games to be installed and saw the Upgrade to Repair method used with the second upgrade over the first during the first week.

And for the second PC? While everything seemed to go well for the second desktop a 7 laptop ended up seeing no Start button and you couldn't open the Start>AllApps section at all. That was to be expected and saw an immediate clean install replacement by then. I waited a week back then to get the second upgrade activated which by then was simply replaced by the first clean install of 10 which is likely what you will end up needing.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43976-windows-10-start-menu-issue.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi See the attached discussion from the Am I Infected Forum It appears I may have a start up issue The computer is running ok now - but want to make sure everything is running ok Take a look and let me know http www bit Start Up Issue Vista64 Windows bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid st entry Here is the log from Process Explorer Let me know - Thanks rocess PID CPU Private Bytes Working Set Description Company Name System Idle Process K K Interrupts n a K K Hardware Interrupts DPCs n a K K Deferred Procedure Calls System K Windows Vista64 bit Start Up Issue K Windows Vista64 bit Start Up Issue smss exe K K csrss exe K K wininit exe K K services exe K K svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation FlashUtil k ActiveX exe K K Adobe Flash Player Installer Uninstaller r Adobe Systems Inc svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation audiodg exe K K svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation dwm exe K K Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation taskeng exe K K taskeng exe K K Task Scheduler Engine Microsoft Corporation taskeng exe K K stacsv exe K K IDT PC Audio IDT Inc svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation SLsvc exe K K Microsoft Software Licensing Service Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation spoolsv exe K K Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation SASCore exe K K AESTSr exe K K Andrea filters APO access service -bit Andrea Electronics Corporation AppleMobileDeviceService exe K K Apple Mobile Device Service Apple Inc mDNSResponder exe K K Bonjour Service Apple Inc svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation McSvHost exe K K McAfee Service Host McAfee Inc rundll exe K K rundll exe K K mfevtps exe K K McAfee Process Validation Service McAfee Inc svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation SeaPort exe K K Microsoft SeaPort Search Enhancement Broker Microsoft Corporation sprtsvc exe K K SupportSoft Agent Service SupportSoft Inc svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation svchost exe K K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation WLIDSVC EXE K K WLIDSVCM EXE K K SearchIndexer exe K K Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation SearchProtocolHost exe K K SearchFilterHost exe K K mcshield exe K K McAfee On-Access Scanner service McAfee Inc mfefire exe K K McAfee Core Firewall Service McAfee Inc wmpnetwk exe K K Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation iPodService exe K K iPodService Module -bit Apple Inc lsass exe K K Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation lsm exe K K csrss exe K K winlogon exe K K explorer exe K K Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation Apoint exe K K Alps Pointing-device Driver Alps Electric Co Ltd ApMsgFwd exe K K hidfind exe K K Alps Pointing-device Driver Alps Electric Co Ltd sttray exe K K IDT PC Audio IDT Inc wmpnscfg exe K K Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application Microsoft Corporation iexplore exe K K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation iexplore exe K K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation iexplore exe K K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation iexplore exe K K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation procexp exe K K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www sysinternals com procexp exe K K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www sysinternals com procexp exe K K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinter... Read more

A:Windows Vista64 bit Start Up Issue

What are you trying to solve?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358793/windows-vista64-bit-start-up-issue/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have recently begun experiencing a problem where upon pressing the power button, after a short pause, the Dell logo flashes up briefly followed by an endless grey screen. By pressing the power button again it will instantly turn off, then I just turn it back on and it starts as usual with no problems. This happens every time without fail. I have had this problem once before and after many attempts to resolve the problem including system restore to no avail, I was forced to completely reset my PC and reinstall Windows.

I would rather not have to go through the trouble of reinstalling my programs and game collection again so I would greatly appreciate a fix for this problem. Thanks in adavance

A:[SOLVED] Windows 8 Start Up Issue

Hi and Welcome to TSF! - Please make sure that you post in the correct area on the forum next time.

This happens with each startup?

Sounds like it may be a bad driver. What have you installed lately?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-windows-8-start-up-issue-696000.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello - I am having an issue on start up After the dust settles I keep getting a Windows Installer with Start Windows Installer issue Up dialog box trying to load quot PhotoGallery quot which it says it cannot find a file for and then proceeds to lead me on a merry dance as it wants me to provide a path to 'PhotoGallery msi' which again I don't have So eventually we give up trying to outwit each other and my constant clicking of the quot Cancel quot button carrys the day and it leaves me alone I cannot Start Up issue with Windows Installer help but think that there should be a better way of dealing with this Any help would be appreciated - and don't worry about talking to me in simple terms as if I was a child where this stuff is concerned - I am Here is the HJT Log File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP Start Up issue with Windows Installer WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Start Up issue with Windows Installer Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC WINDOWS SM BG EXEC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeC Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www comcast net home htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi comO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Sp... Read more

A:Start Up issue with Windows Installer

I think it is directly related to the HP software that got loaded to run the Deskjet F380 attached to that machine. Of course, I cannot find the original disc for the HP printer, but I am trying to track it down online or buy a new one.

So, given the above - feel free to remove this thread or lock it or whatever. I don't think there is anything to be done unless there is a way to stop the Windoze Installer from attempting to do this every start up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176432/start-up-issue-with-windows-installer/
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer is only year and months old and only in these last Start Up Vista Windows Issue three months have i started to have problems with the start up It starts like this i turn it on and then it freezes about minute into being on the desktop So i reset it and then it will work Then it gets worse after a week Windows Vista Start Up Issue or so it takes more tries to get it to start up but it will still start up eventually Then Windows Vista Start Up Issue it Windows Vista Start Up Issue just won't start up Even in safe mode it was freezing just after start up So i took it to get it fixed at a computer place and they said it was all fixed No viruses or anything just many many registry errors but i don't know what that means So now a month and a half later it is doing the same thing And it's gradually getting worse like it did before It took me tries this morning to get it started up So please help me Tell me if there is anything i can do I'm wondering if there's a hardware fault or something I'll try to list what i know my computer has because i don't know how to get any more information Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM GB Hard Drive MB GeForce GTX Graphics Card If you need any more information just tell me how to find it and i will get it for you Thanks

A:Windows Vista Start Up Issue

I am having the same problem with my daughter's Dell laptop. I will keep you posted if I can solve this. Please do the same.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-start-up-issue-520025.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all!

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43976-windows-10-start-menu-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

When i turn my computer on it says that it is configuring stage 3 of 3 at 0% it then goes to the welcome sign and then immediately logs off and shuts itself down. It goes through this process over and over. i have tried opening in safe mode and booting from the cd/dvd for the recovery cd but nothing works. i dont know if this is a Vista issue or what, i really am not a tech head so all help would eb greatly appreciated!

Any advice on how to fix it without losing all my data on my comp?

A:Start up issue - Asus Windows Vista

Try this web site:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244733

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/start-up-issue-asus-windows-vista-401058.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm getting some very strange hover behaviour with the windows start button When I'm in some programs Google Chrome Firefox Issue Button Windows Hover Start if I hover over the start button and then move my mouse off again it remains highlighted If I alt tab to a different program the issue stays until I Ctrl Right Click on the task bar at Windows Start Button Hover Issue which Windows Start Button Hover Issue point it works as expected As soon as I make Chrome for example my active window again the same thing happens As I said it only happens with specific applications So far the only ones I've found are chrome and firefox Internet explorer doesn't have this effect so it isn't browser-wide It's a weird issue and hard to explain properly so I'll put a link to a video I'm currently using taskbar tweaker along with Windows Start Orb Changer but exiting both of those doesn't actually get rid of the problem Thanks in advance Nick https drive google com file d B-e ew usp sharing

A:Windows Start Button Hover Issue

Disable both of them then reboot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370383-windows-start-button-hover-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Windows AMD t Thuban Cpu 7 won't Black Screen Issue Windows start GB Ram Asus Extreme Crosshair motherboard Dual Radeon GPU's watt power supply The CPU and one of the graphics cards is water cooled I have been using my custom built computer Windows 7 won't start Black Screen Issue for about a year and a half now with no real problems but recently I have been moving it around quite a bit The problem is that this last time I was setting it up it booted to the motherboard logo and then froze I tried to get to the bios or any ware else but it would not do anything I restarted it but this time the logo screen did not even show With my motherboard beeps once to show that my components are working properly and this is one of the reasons I am confused because it does I Windows 7 won't start Black Screen Issue checked my hard drive to see if it spins up and from what I can hear it is working I noticed that when it is booting up some labeled lights flash then go away but now the one labeled boot stays on My Cpu always ran around c and topped around c so I don't think overheating could be the problem If you have any ideas or suggestions they would be much appreciated

A:Windows 7 won't start Black Screen Issue

Hi and welcome to TSF check all the cables and connections also reseat your ram and graphics cards and ensure the heatsink and fan is properly seated and secured

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-start-black-screen-issue-669673.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hey peeps i have an acer aspire G with Vista and it will not start when it logs on i get the message winlogon exe - Bad Image C Windows system uxtheme dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using wont start issue uxtheme.dll Windows the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the Windows wont start uxtheme.dll issue software vendor for support when i click ok it says Application error The instruction at x a referenced memory at x The memory could not be read Click OK to terminate the program and when i do its just black and the screen turns off with the computer doing processes i have tried a restore point but it says there are errors witht he memory and scans the memory saying its fixed but when i go to restore it still says there are errors i have took out the hard drive and looked though it as an external drive and i can access it no problem complete system restore wont work either as it says there are errors there no no joy i have been able to access the admin account in cmd and run sfc scannow and restarted but still the same problem i cant boot safemode and now i cant access the cmd in safe mode someone help i cant access anything on the system at all thanks

A:Windows wont start uxtheme.dll issue

The first step is to backup your stuff immediately. There's no telling what the problem is right now, so it's safest to make sure your stuff is backed up.

Then, run these free diagnostics:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)

Since you can't get into Windows, try one of these free, bootable antimalware rescue disks: Free Online AntiMalware Resources

I strongly suspect that this is a malware problem, with bad RAM being the next most likely possibility.
Please post back with the results of these tests and we'll move on from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291608-windows-wont-start-uxtheme-dll-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there very weird problem a friend turned on his pc this morning and for some unknown reason when windows starts up the bottom right handside shows the generic not genuine shut issue on start and down up windows weird watermark and a box comes up saying that the software isnt genuine and to resolve now or later weird windows issue on start up and shut down once clicked on later windows loads up correctly the desktop doesnt have the embosed logo which is really weird as from what ive seen it should be a blue or black screen with the watermark on the bottom right this isnt the case and windows updates work wga passed correctly showing the key to be correct the key is also on the side of tghe box and is a genuine key i really dont want to reformat ive done the usual scans and cannot find anything malicious currently running a kespersky online scan just in case but my usual applications mentioned on this site and havent found anytyhing does any one have any comments or ideas on how to resolve this many thanks

A:weird windows issue on start up and shut down

http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/Does this key match the eula sticker on the side?Does the installed OS match?Some well meaning wantabee techs repair and then crack windows with the wrong disk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208295/weird-windows-issue-on-start-up-and-shut-down/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an old laptop running on Windows XP It s very old so the battery s messed up it needs to always be plugged in when in use - if the power chord accidentally got loose the computer will shut off Yesterday I accidentally turned it on while the laptop was unplugged So I replugged it but then found that Windows could not get started now - there s a blue screen flashing then an error message saying quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully quot which upon my search on the forum seems many people here experienced this too As the texts say to choose quot Start Windows Normally quot if the problem came from Power Failure issue which I guess is the case here I tried that but the Windows would not start now - it only did Windows - successfully start issue power not took me back to this screen again I am also not able Windows did not start successfully - power issue to choose Windows did not start successfully - power issue quot Last Known Good Configuration quot also The only option I could do Windows did not start successfully - power issue is to enter Safe Mode but once inside I m not sure what else could be done there too solve this problem as I am unable to get the Windows back to normal mode now it does not seem like I can use System Restore too as it says it is only available in normal mode I already accessed Safe Mode to back up all the important files in the laptop but am still hopingto find a solution to resolve this matter without having to reinstall Windows once again somehow nbsp

A:Windows did not start successfully - power issue

Please boot into safe mode, then Click on Start, and go to Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and open System Restore.

Choose any previous (nearest possible when your system was working) restore point, and proceed with restoring your system to that state. Goodluck and let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-did-not-start-successfully-power-issue.147876/
Relevancy 45.15%

Good day Just bought a new laptop Lenovo Z with pre-installed Since the very first day I am having the issue that when I press the quot Start Menu quot Button I have to wait about minutes until the menu opens no exaggeration This happens not only the first time after startup but also if I have not pressed it for about min Very regular clicking opens it immediately Now i assume that that might have something to do with the internet speed as I guess the system is trying to download some files app updates or what-if-nots Since I am currently sitting in rural South India there is nothing I can do to about that issue My question Am I right in assuming the problem comes from there If it is the Internet somebody please tell me how to switch off live updates of the Menu What else could it be Advice is highly appreciated as this small issue drives me regularly insane Yours M Enzler

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/50284-windows-8-1-start-menu-button-slow-issue.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello And thank you for your Time I have been trying to fix this issue with Windows ultimate x few days now this is what heppend i was Overclocking my CPU Benchmarking all that fun stuff and had a Fatal Blue screen crash then after Rebooting and of course reseting bios back to defualt i have done this many time befor but now for soem reason when i go to start up windows and logon to to Start up service Cant Annoying Issue Windows Connect my account it looks like a Default account every thing works normal except i have non of the icons Annoying Start up Issue Cant Connect to Windows service i once had and start up programs i made a restore point but Annoying Start up Issue Cant Connect to Windows service it is to far back i would lose to much also iam getting a quot Cant connect to Windows Service Message quot on start up and oddly enough some times it will work after a few restarts and quot Viceversa quot every thing back to Normal but i noticed it will first boot up a windows XP like task bar after sec back to the Win Taskbar now i have tryed everything out there All kinds of Annoying Start up Issue Cant Connect to Windows service CMD commands registry programs they all see crazy amounts of Reg Errors im trying to figure out the Event Viewer but i dont know how to export all the info please Help sorry about the English and grammer im in a hurry

A:Annoying Start up Issue Cant Connect to Windows service

also i get a black task bar and black wallpaper after rebooting some times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142971-annoying-start-up-issue-cant-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have been using Windows Pro for month on my system with following settings Thinkpad Yoga i GB RAM Intel HD Resolution set is at Default on x Scaling at There is a big issue I have encountered many times which is very annoying When I put the laptop to sleep mode especially when it is in sleep mode for more that - hours when it wakes up all the fonts in windows Start Menu becomes smaller This Windows Size and Whe Pro Issue Font 8.1 with in Start Menu font change would also be Issue with Start Menu and Font Size in Windows 8.1 Pro Whe seen in Windows Log on menu This will result in having rows in start menu and the font are very tiny As I look to display settings all the values are unchanged A restart will solve the problem and all the font sizes will come back to normal But this is very annoying because I need to restart many times with no reason I appreciate any comments on this Thanks Photo Start Menu with Small Tiles Issue with Start Menu and Font Size in Windows 8.1 Pro Whe after Waking Up from Sleep Photo Start Menu Normal Appearance after a Restart

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39577-issue-start-menu-font-size-windows-8-1-pro-whe.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi 
At my current company we have an issues after windows updates occur. All of these are HP machines, sporadically some machines fail to boot to windows, stay stuck at the windows logo screen or they get start up repair issue sometimes this goes in to the.

The temp fix we found is to press F8 > Last know good config.
 Then we log in and do bios update / firmware update. This fix lasts for a while, then after windows updates or without update the same problem occurs including that machines that have had the BIOS/firmware updates. What we have done is run the BIOS
update again even though its the same BIOS update installed previosly as there are no more new updates avaiable. This again temporarily fixes this. 
Any idea on how to resolve this without us doing BIOS update etc. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc681e17-bed8-485b-abbb-fa6a5a9f339e/start-up-repair-issue-or-stuck-at-windows-screen?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello and thank you for the free support I ve been having issues with our computer for the past week and a half or so where we try to run a program and get an error message stating that it can t find the location--this has start issue? Unable Explorer programs--Windows to been many programs not just one Sometimes we don t get the message but the program simply never starts I noticed it initially when I saw that the color scheme had changed from the custom color I had in the shortcut-startup bar at the bottom of the screen back to the blue Windows gradient When I went to check it out it couldn t find the files in Unable to start programs--Windows Explorer issue? the control panel to open the properties Also we have had Windows Explorer itself crash Unable to start programs--Windows Explorer issue? a few times I am assuming that this is all related somehow The problem will generally temporarily resolve with a restart although at least once I had to power down with the button because the computer couldn t find the files to restart through the start menu I have run a couple of different spyware programs--HitMan Pro I don t have the paid version so I couldn t fix anything it found and MalWareBytes MalwareBytes found and fixed something last week but I m afraid I don t know what it was at this point I m wondering what I should do first--I m hoping to avoid reinstalling Windows at least for a bit as I don t have any external devices large enough to do a full backup--I ve been manually backing up things like photos onto a smaller external drive but I m afraid I m going to miss something important without doing a full backup Below is the SysInfo log Thank you again Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this I am having attempted). won't (BSOD when Possible normally Windows graphics start issue. trouble with my computer I am currently running Windows Vista -bit service Windows won't start normally (BSOD when attempted). Possible graphics issue. pack My computer was running fine last night and was even working normally when I turned it on this morning The problem started when I started watching videos on YouTube halfway through one of them my screen blacked out It would intermittently pulse gray for a split second then return to black Ultimately the computer blue-screened and I had to reset it Upon booting back up the computer seemed to be working normally again so I gave it a few minutes and then started playing a video game Mount amp Blade Warband if knowing which is important A couple minutes into the game my framerate crashed giving me a new frame every to seconds Several minuted after this started my computer blue-screened again forcing another reset This time the motherboard splash screen that first pops up upon startup was filled with graphical glitches artifacts and the boot information feed that comes up after that poured out a seemingly random sequence of numbers letters and other characters in place of the actual boot information The computer got to the Windows loading screen before the monitor blacked out and the computer blue-screened again At this point the computer will start up fine in safe mode but I will always blue-screen when attempting to boot in normal mode I'm at a loss as to what the problem is Below is the crash report and blue-screen information CRASH REPORT Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C C BCP FFFFFA D E BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Administrator AppData Local temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Administrator AppData Local temp WER tmp version txt BSOD Info STOP x xFFFFFA C C XFFFFFA D E X X nvlddmkm sys - Address FFFFFA D E base at FFFFFA C DateStamp f c WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR I gathered that BCCODE is related to a graphics card driver issue so I tried wiping and reinstalling my graphics drivers which did not work I then tried booting Windows using the last known good settings which also did not help Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows won't start normally (BSOD when attempted). Possible graphics issue.

I'd boot into safe mode...uninstall current graphics drivers via Device Manager...then reboot.

Reinstall graphics drivers from either Drivers Disk or download from website of manufacturer.  If OEM system...get drivers from system manufacturer's website and install from desktop..

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499513/windows-wont-start-normally-bsod-when-attempted-possible-graphics-issue/
Relevancy 45.15%

I decided that I wanted the quick launch bar back, so I found a how-to online and got it on there. However I didnt like the little folder icon that appeared on the quick launch bar, so I got rid of it. And now for some strange reason whenever I pin something to the taskbar or on to the start menu, a folder called quick launch appears on my desktop. When I delete it, the icons on the taskbar/start menu no longer work.

Any advice?

A:windows 7 quick launch/start menu issue

Use System Restore to set your system back to a point BEFORE you changed things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-quick-launch-start-menu-issue-481403.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I went into C users my user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs and added a new folder then placed a shortcut in the new folder the new folder was named something other than quot new folder quot To my surprise this change was not reflected in the start menu Instead there Windows AppData Start Menu Altering in Issue was a quot New Folder quot named such and the shortcut was still in it's original location immediately visible when clicking quot All Programs quot in the start menu Right clicking both the shortcut and new folder shows them to be bytes and attempts to delete both item are met with This is no longer located in Issue Altering Start Menu in Windows AppData C users my user AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Verify the items location and try again After receiving this message I went back into windows explorer deleted the new folder I had created and restored the shortcut Issue Altering Start Menu in Windows AppData to its original location However I still have the quot New Folder quot in the start menu and I'm unable to delete it Please help thanks very much

A:Issue Altering Start Menu in Windows AppData

Have you tried restarting the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277432-issue-altering-start-menu-windows-appdata.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all First time posting on this website hopefully I can figure this issue out with your help I recently did a AMD driver Consistent up. issue. BSOD Potentially 7 Windows on start clean Windows install Home Premium x and after installing all Windows Updates and the most recent driver update AMD CCC I cannot use my pc at all Upon Windows loading up I reach my desktop but seconds later I get a BSOD It isn't necessarily always blue or a black screen usually I get a white grey striped screen or blue grey My only option after that is to hold down the power Consistent BSOD on Windows 7 start up. Potentially AMD driver issue. button and reboot I can enter into safe mode If I delete the most recent update the entire driver I can use the integrated graphics just fine That led me to believe its an issue with the driver update Everything is hooked up correctly inside the pc and I do have all the most recent Windows Updates I really have no idea where to go beyond this This has been happened for over weeks and nothing else has Consistent BSOD on Windows 7 start up. Potentially AMD driver issue. worked I downloaded the DM log collector and will attack the file it gave me I really appreciate anyone who would be willing to help me and I'm Consistent BSOD on Windows 7 start up. Potentially AMD driver issue. willing to answer any questions Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380029-consistent-bsod-windows-7-start-up-potentially-amd-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This has been caused by me in some way,maybe when I changed my Windows theme to Royal Noir,but I don't have any start or exit windows sounds.They play when I test them in the sounds and audio devices.So far all other sounds seem to be working.
Like I said, a minor issue but they are custom sounds,exit is a toilet flushing that I like.

Relevancy 44.29%

My desktop computer started (out of the blue) acting up with a "windows error recovery" screen on boot up. It gives me the choice to "Launch startup repair" or boot to windows normally. The first option does not fix it. It gives an error code 0x0. It leads to a dialog box that says system recovery options that gives some details and some advanced options, but it tells me it does not recognize my username and password! The second option, to boot to windows, gives me a BSOD. What to do.

A:Windows error recovery, Computer goest to "Start up Repair" and it can not fix the issue.

What version of Windows, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466111/windows-error-recovery-computer-goest-to-start-up-repair-and-it-can-not-fix-the-issue/
Relevancy 44.29%

In Windows 8.1, after turning on active windows tracking (Focus only) by registry tweak, whenever mouse cursor hovers on the start button the focus gets locked onto the start button. To bring focus back onto something else left/right-click/alt+tab is required.

Is it possible to avoid this with active windows tracking on?
I mean, can the mouse hover on start button, get the focus on the start button and moving the mouse to other window will get the focus on the windows without clicking/alt+tab?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68297-active-windows-tracking-issue-focus-lock-start-button.html
Relevancy 43%

I am trying (in vain) to issue a net start command "net start - "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\utorrent.exe", on the command line. The error message is "the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect". I believe the 3 details are correct, as i am looking at the utorrent.exe file right now, which is sitting on that path. The only issue i can think of is that, since i am running win7 64bit, there nay be some sort of problem with the "(x86)" bit in the path name.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

A:net start command line issue - 64bit issue?

Hello Andy,

If you were just wanting to run the utorrent.exe file, then you would just need to use either command below to do so instead. The net start command is for services instead.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\utorrent.exe"

OR

"%ProgramFilesx86%\uTorrent\utorrent.exe"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162646-net-start-command-line-issue-64bit-issue.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Windows Sound not Audio issue "could service" start the everybody I have a Sound issue "could not start the Windows Audio service" difficult but interesting problem A few days Sound issue "could not start the Windows Audio service" ago after a system crash I lost all sound the volume control was gone and error saying no mixer is preset would appear every time I tryed to play a sound Onboard sound is turned on in BIOS in device manager it displayed as woking properly I reinstaled the drivers and uninstalled the onboard sound from hardware manager and manualy reinstalled it none of it did anything In control panel gt Sounds and Audio devices is sais quot no audio device quot but in Winamp or Ventrilo I went into the options and is output device it was set to some defalt generic item I changed it back to my onboard sound and now winamp play mp s just fine as well as ventrillo So this is not a driver or hardware problem this is a windows problem I have researched it quite a bit and found a few poeple with exactly the same problem It apears that Windows Audio service is dissplayed as quot stopped quot even tho it s set to Automatic Alot of people were able to solve their problem by simply clicking the start service button and it all worked fine onse again How ever few I m one of these guys the service would not start instead we get this error quot could not start the Windows Audio service on local computer Error The specified module could not be found quot now ever forum post I saw actuly get this close to solving the problem either just died or gave up I have a back up windows XP on my comp which does nto have this problem and I have a windows XP CD so if any particula files needs to be expaned from the CD into my windows to get this fix I can do that or even just copy them from my other windows all I need to figure out what are the files I need lol lets see if anyone is up to the task and can finaly crack this problem nbsp

A:Sound issue "could not start the Windows Audio service"

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try doing a Windows repair, as per this thread HERE. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-issue-could-not-start-the-windows-audio-service.45077/
Relevancy 39.99%

Okay first off let me say that this post has two separate issues but I post them together because I m not sure if they re related or not Problem Let me start off with a description of what s happened I purchased a new Dell laptop over the summer running Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP and everything was fine But as I started to download some programs I realized that not all of them were listed in the Start Menu s quot All Programs quot folder for this example I chose to demonstrate it with CCleaner I have yet to pick up a pattern as to what programs make it into quot All Programs quot and what programs do not What s even weirder is what happens when I type into the Start Menu s Search Bar When I partially type up the name of a program that is not in quot All Programs quot there are "All Recent Programs" Issue Issue Menu Items and Start no results But when I type the name in its entirety as in the full quot CCleaner quot the program is found However when I try to open CCleaner from there I get an error saying it cannot find the program s exe And as you can see in the window C the program is definitely installed and works just fine when trying to open it Problem quot Recent "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue quot jump lists aren "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue t working either for some programs Microsoft Word for example I can right-click my pinned Windows Explorer and up will come a list of quot Recent quot folders I ve viewed With Word all I see listed is quot Microsoft Word quot and quot Unpin this program from the taskbar quot And yes when I open up Word the program itself does have items listed under quot Recent quot EDIT I just thought I d mention that I do NOT have CCleaner delete the files that store the quot Recent quot items or anything else from quot Windows Explorer quot for that matter --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Is there anyway I can just get all of explorer to have just a fresh start without having to wipe everything on my computer and start over from scratch Or do any of you have any ideas to help me out I apologize for the length of this post but I tried to make sure I was clear with what all is happening Thanks again Steve nbsp

A:"All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue

I also just realized that none of the programs I open "recently" appear in the Start Menu (and yes I have the "Privacy" options set to store and show recent files and programs).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-programs-start-menu-issue-and-recent-items-issue.1069910/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all and Happy New Year,

Recent problem with a 5 year old HP desktop.

Turn it on it goes through the BIOS and starts up as normal. Once it gets to the Windows 7 introduction screen it freezes. It never makes it to the desktop screen.

What do you guys think? virus? HP problem? win7 problem?

opinions please.

thanks

A:Windows 7 issue? Virus/Malware issue? or HP issue? i don't know

Hi test the hardware memtest 86 + for the ram and seatools for dos on the hard drive if they pass ok then you could try a start up repair from your install or recovery disc.
download the pre-built iso zip from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and burn to a disc unzip it first use imgburn The Official ImgBurn Website to burn the iso to disc Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-issue-virus-malware-issue-or-hp-issue-i-dont-know-681903.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion p - a installed with Windows no disc came with the computer The night before I was impatient and forced shutdown and went to sleep The next day I booted the computer to find a message at the beginning aboutrunning a disc check I skipped it and proceeded with the normal booting The desktop had changed to a default format and the bubble at the right hand corner stated that I was in a temporary login I Googled how to return to my usual desktop and majority of the advice was to restart or log off I only have one user So after logging off restarting the computer a few times my original desktop and files returned The next morning when I booted my computer the quot disc check on startup quot message appeared again but I was too late to skip it or windows start up left repair constantly normally Windows startup won't 7 start with options. and it started Windows 7 won't start up constantly left with startup repair or start windows normally options. the checkup I needed my computer so I forced shutdown and restarted the computer and I was again logged in to the temporary profile I came back home around after uni and booted the computer and ran the disc checkup The computer restarted afterwards and then gave me the options startup repair or start windows normally I selected start normally but it returned to the HP screen then gave me the two options again I ve tried to do startup repair but it just stops at the blue background with the mouse only moveable None of the advanced options seem to work either such as safe mode etc I ve tried starting the HP recovery system but that doesn t work too In short Stupid design student was not thinking forced shutdown lead to temporary login disc check on startup and now an infinite loop of start windows and startup repairs that don t work The HP pavilion came installed with Windows so I have no idea how to boot from a disc or usb Please help I have five projects due before end of semester which is in two weeks p s I really really do not know much about computers please keep instructions as precise and simple as possible thank you

A:Windows 7 won't start up constantly left with startup repair or start windows normally options.

The next day, I booted the computer to find a message at the beginning about running a disc check. I skipped it and proceeded with the normal booting.Hello and Welcome -Have you ever let the diskcheck run the full range ?? It runs 5 stages, takes about 1 hour, and will not harm your system.If you wish to run the check, it may cancel the restart problems - Please follow these directions >>Start your computer in Normal Mode -Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows :•Click Start and open Computer•Right-click on C: (or your Hard drive letter) and select Properties•Click on the Tools tab•Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button•Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors•Click on the Start button•When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart your computer•Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do soAllow about 1 hour (on average) for the check to complete and it will Reboot itself back to Normal Mode -Next -Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Find Command Prompt > Right click and select Run as Administrator > Then type sfc /scannow > Press Enter - Note the space between c and / > Allow about 15 to 20 minutes (on average) -This will Check System Files against original installation -Try these 2 simple procedures first to rule out any basic problems - They will not remove or alter any data that you have completed -Thank You -Edit for Spelling -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472813/windows-7-wont-start-up-constantly-left-with-startup-repair-or-start-windows-normally-options/
Relevancy 37.84%

I get this error message when I try to star up my computer Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system winload exe Status xc e Info The selected entry could not he loaded because the application is missing or corrupt I tried following those steps to fix the problem but nothing worked Startup repair didn t work I had one system restore point but that doesn t work either I m not sure what to do Can someone please help me Thank you Also I don t want to start. to hard start. 7 recent 0xc000000e. A failed Windows Windows won't Status: reformat my computer or start new or anything I have too many important files on my hard drive that haven t been backed up yet nbsp

A:Windows 7 won't start. Status: 0xc000000e. Windows failed to start. A recent hard

You haven't yet told us the brand, model, age or configuration, so it is not likely we can come up with some suggestions.
However, it is likely a hard drive glitch, or a software failure.
Save your data to another computer using a USB external drive, or put it in another computer as a slave, so you can save the data before you get too far along.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-wont-start-status-0xc000000e-windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hard.149609/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have no idea where to post this. I am computer illiterate. Anyway, we just bought a Toshiba satellite laptop for chistmas last night when turning it on it went to the same start up page asking for our password. Once the password was entered it acted like it just kept thinking with that blue cirlce spinning. The computer will not take us any further than that, eventually it just takes us to a black screen. What is going on?? And how do we fix this! Any help would be great!!!

Relevancy 37.41%

Whenever i turn my computer on i get this message. And also I cant load any XP theme hardly, i even did the patch.. Any help on either of these questions would be appreciated!

A:Start Up Issue

this can be trashed sorry. I figured it out, but for future reference heres the answer

# SmartBridge -- SmartBridge is distributing an old version of PSAPI.DLL. As a result, users may receive the following error message after installation of Internet Explore 7 Beta 2:

SmartBridge Alerts:SprintDSLAlert.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL
My error shows sprint, some show verison, just depends who you use.

To work around this error:

1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Sprint(SBC IN MY CASE)...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-up-issue-323571.html
Relevancy 37.41%

the last two days when i boot the desktop it hangs on the bios menu window. i have to power down again and on powering up again it will boot as usual. slightly concerning as i dont want to find that it wont get past the hang another time. im dual booting win8 dev. but that hasnt been an issue before

A:start issue

I would disable any on board devices such as network controllers, video, etc from BIOS one at a time to see which, if any, are causing problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190653-start-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Ok Running window XP home edition all updates current,using Webroot Spyware with anti-virus.

computer boots fine goes throught the windows splash screen the dialog box for my log on ID and passowrd never appears,no error codes or anything,just a dead stop.Same thing occurs in safe mode and also unable to get to command screen. I did get a error message once about a corrupte executable dll file.Any guesses ? or fixes thatnks

A:Start UP Issue

Do you have a Microsoft XP CD?

System manufacturer and model?

Have you checked your owner's manual for things you can possibly do to troubleshoot the system?

Next time you get an error message...you might want to write it down. It's the system's way of trying to tell you what is wrong...and (sometimes) how to fix it.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236593/start-up-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a five year old HP laptop and even though the WZC was not configured it always connected to a wireless network. I had a Linksys RTW54G and now have a Linksys E1000. The WZC does not configure automatically anymore. I have to manually start it each time even though it is set to automatic. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wzc-start-issue-511901.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows System smss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows system nvsvc exeC windows system svchost exeF Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC windows system svchost exeF adware aawservice exeC windows system spoolsv exeF avast av a-squared Free a service exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeF marv svc mvraidsvc exeC Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exeF marv Apache bin httpd exeF marv Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC windows System svchost exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC windows System svchost exeF sfus exeC Program Files twc medicsp bin sprtsvc exec program files idt intelxpv v wdm STacSV exeC windows system svchost exeF TomTom Start Log Up issue,HJT HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Start Up issue,HJT Log AVG AVG Start Up issue,HJT Log avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exeF RegCure RegCure exeC windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeF Comodo Firewall cfp exeC USBStorage USBDetector exeC PROGRA A Tech Keyboard Ikeymain exeC PROGRA A Tech Mouse Amoumain exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC windows system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC windows system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched Start Up issue,HJT Log exeC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exeF TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeF Free Desktop Clock DesktopClock exeF Billeo billeo exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeF Program Files Logitech SetPoint SETPOINT EXEC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Documents and Settings Me Desktop updatenotifier v exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exeC Program Files IncrediMail Bin ImApp exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook NetAssistantBHO Class - E FA ... Read more

A:Start Up issue,HJT Log

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do no... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287246/start-up-issuehjt-log/
Relevancy 37.41%

hi nbsp Unfortunately has no support center mention for my up issue start country on your acer page and i also failed to register my product due to some error that keep occuring I am from Pakistan my product s n nxm rem d that came up with preinstalled window then what happened next i upgraded it to windows I wanted to run Kali linux live but couldnt i turned the secure boot off and set the first boot option to usb i tried the kali linux turned it off unplug the bootable usb and rebooted windows didnt start nor start up issue i was able to access the bios to turn the secure boot on again i went to a local guy due to no support in my region and he somehow flushed my bios to and everything went well My f key started working to choose my boot option to windows or usb for some start up issue reason i didnt like windows and choosed to return to my previous windows now i cant access the bios by f key and also uefi option also dont appear in advance boot option screen probably because start up issue of bios now tried to upgrade the bios from your support page but error - OEM check failed BIOS service please update to the same type of BIOS lt x gt nbsp Please help me with it because my computer came up with pre installed window and the bios degrading was by mistake I really need my original settings back for many reasons

A:start up issue

and also need to acess bios throught UEFI..right now i cant access in any way nor and also f12 key for booting option not working

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/start-up-issue/td-p/434049/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi there I have done a bunch of tests using the tips from a search of previous posts but I still can t seem to pin-point the issue Here s what happens Hit the power button Lights come on over the power button and stay orange DVD-RW and DVD drives all light up floppy lights up stays lit unless I unplug it hard drive is spinning all fans including CPU fan is are spinning monitor light stays orange sometimes flashes green for a split second then back to orange Somtimes computer will boot No issue...sometimes start normal lights flash and turn to green like normal then when screen comes up it says something about a CMOS error Press F to continue if you choose this Windows boots normal or DEL to enter setup What I have done Replaced CMOS battery nothing -Unplugged all PCI cards and drives to try booting with just Powersupply Mobo CPU AGP No start issue...sometimes video card nothing -Unplugged just floppy drive to boot nothing -Removed RAM No start issue...sometimes only have one stick and reseated along with all plugs nothing -Removed video card and reseated nothing System is an old OEM box No start issue...sometimes from CompUSA BTO WIN SE Voodoo card one RAM stick TDK DVD-RW DVD drive that came with it floppy network and firewire PCI cards All upgrades were done a while ago and have worked fine for a long time before problem started Any ideas would be greatly appreciated --Nate Irony is using my new Mac Powerbook to ask for help fixing my PC it s my old warhorse and I just can t let it die nbsp

A:No start issue...sometimes

Hit delete and enter setup, set bios defaults, check time and date settings, (correct if necessary). Set plug and play OS to NO. Save and exit. That should remove the CMOS error. As for the light on the floppy staying on after the machine boots, that normally means that the cable is reversed on one end or the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-start-issue-sometimes.327803/
Relevancy 37.41%

When my computer is booting up at the Windows 7 picture it looks like it is becoming unstable almost if it is looking for the installation disk. Within seconds it passes this process and then boots up normally. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix or correct?

A:Start up issue.

Thats pretty much the exact thing I'm getting, the startup and logon screen looks patchy, then once you are in its OK.
The only thing that I can add is that W7 won't reconise any motherboard drivers (just says there are none compatable with any hardware) so I'm thinking its got something to do with it loading its own drivers after the login screen. (Of course that may be totaly wrong, but hey I gotta start somewhere).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3134-start-up-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My wife's 32 bit Vista laptop on startup or after lengthy idle time occasionally starts a picture player that goes into her Picture Library and plays her pictures one after another full screen. She can usually stop the player by hitting "esc" but not always. Also, I don't see any player controls that are visible on most media players.

The problem is that this often locks up the laptop and she(I) have to reboot/restart any way I(she) can. I suspect some kind of virus like program that someone has slipped in there that does this. I went through the msconfig/startup file and could not find anything that looked suspect.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes. Be sure to update it, first.
If negative, try with a clean boot.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...n-startup.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298929-start-up-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

XP home edition. Very sluggish start up and loads of grinding, take approx 10 minutes. Any help with speeding up is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Neesh

A:Start up issue

Go here and click the green icon to download HijackThis 2.0.2.

Install it in its default location: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.

Close all open browser windows, then run a scan with it - which will take 30 seconds or less.

Save the resulting log in Notepad.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire log here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties.

What's the processor type and speed?

What's the amount of RAM?

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-issue.851884/
Relevancy 37.41%

So my computer starts up I put in my password it takes me to the desktop. after about 10 sec im no longer able to click on any icon. If I drag my mouse to the task bar the small wheele spins however if i drag it back up to the desk to it dose not. None of the icons on the desk top highlight when I mouse over them and it seems that my mouse is not responding like it should. On the other hand if I start up my pc and click on something real fast say internet explorer it loads then after that everything works. I am using os windows 7 ,4gb ram , 250 gb mem and im running a gt240. My drivers are all up to date as far as I know any thought's on what the problem could be ?

A:Issue at after start up

Hi have you tried running sfc /scannow Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7 to check the system files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-at-after-start-up-679913.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I keep having this problem I delete this file out of my system folder but it keeps coming back Microsoft antispyware detects that this file is trying to load and i don't know what the cause is I do use hijack this and there is nothing in there that looks ouf of place This file is supposed Issue Start Up to be a bad trojan file or something Does someone have any clue on what's Start Up Issue going on this is what my hijackthis looks likeC WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exeC WINDOWS System gearsec exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exeC WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXEC Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exeC Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Trend Micro Tmas Tmas exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exeC Program Files Netscape Netscape Netscp exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop New Folder HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ca red clientapps yahoo com customi www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run Sunkist k C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exeO - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run YOP C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe autostartO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKCU Run UnHackMe... Read more

Hello elec75, I delete this file out of my system32 folder but it keeps coming back. Microsoft antispyware detects that this file is trying to load and i don't know what the cause is. If it is DNSSVC.exe, then it is Troj/Dloader-UE TROJAN! Please confirm that you have run the following scans or run them now. Save any logs that you generate - we may need them later.Do not post any logs unless I ask you.***************************************************Please download, update and run (one at a time of course!) Spybot 1.4 and Adaware SE 1.06.r1 Fix whatever they suggest. ***************************************************If you need help running these tools, here are some helpful tutorials.Spybot Tutorial Adaware SE Tutorial ***************************************************Be sure to run Adaware SE with a Full Scan in the Safe Mode. How to Reboot into Safe Mode tap F8 key during reboot, until the boot menu appears...use the arrow keys to choose "Safe Mode" from the menu......,then press the "Enter" key. The following explains how to set Ad-aware's settings to perform a "Full Scan." In Ad-aware click the Gear to go to the Settings area. The following items should be on a green check, not on a red X. Under the Scanning button: Scan within archives Under Memory & Registry, Check EVERYTHING In Check Drives & Folders, make sure all of your hard drives are selected Under the Advanced button, check ALL under Log detail level. Under the Tweak button... Some of these may not be an available option, depending on your version of Ad-aware and your version of Windows. Do not be concerned if you cannot select a certain item. In Scanning Engine: Unload recognized processes during scanning Include info about ignored objects in logfile, if detected in scan Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile Include used command line parameters in logfile In Cleaning Engine: XP/2000: Allow unloading explorer to unload shell extensions prior to deletion Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot UNCHECK: Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion Click Proceed to save these settings. When you would like to perform a "Full Scan," switch the scan mode from SmartScan to Custom. ***************************************************Please download, update and run the free A2 (A squared) anti-trojan Let it fix whatever it wants to. Save the log file by clicking on "Save HTML-Report". *************************************************** I know you may have anti-virus software, but sometimes its definitions are corrupted due to malware. Online scans are the best resort in this case. Run this pc through theTrend Micro Housecall Online virus scanneror Panda Scan Online virus scanner Let it delete whatever it finds. If it cannot delete the files, then let me know the names and locations and we will delete them manually. *************************************************** You left off the header portion of your Hijackthis log. I need to see the entire log, including the header portion. Next, reboot and post a fresh HijackThis log to this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34750/start-up-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi there hope someone out there can help each time I start up my pc I get same thing... An exception occurred while trying to run ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\qzmrotate.dll"" DLL Verify"
How can I resolve this issue? And since getting this message my pc is freezing, extreamly slow etc...hope someone can help I need step by step instructions....thank you

A:Issue at start up

Hello, and welcome to TechSupportForum.

First, I would like you to go to Start->Run->MSconfig. Then go to the startup tab. Then I would like you to find C:\WINDOWS\system32\qzmrotate.dll in the command side. Uncheck the box and restart the computer. This should in theory fix your problem. If this does not fix it then you should do a full scan with whatever security suite you have on the system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issue-at-start-up-175522.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Have a h c purchased late summer of nbsp uses windows nbsp Janurary upgraded to Windows in about days the computer started to freeze nbsp Had to shut down to get started nbsp This happened serveral times took the computer to a microsoft store suggestede by microsoft on-line support nbsp Store up issue Start did a complete reinstillation Start up issue of my software nbsp recieved back said it was good nbsp The next day froze again windows after several days still no answers from store techs nbsp Called HP they said they did not recomend windows to for any of their computers prior to nbsp Advised to inform microsoft tech to install a version of windows back nbsp The store claimed not to have access to windows nbsp Called microsoft told them of the situation nbsp Microsoft downloaded a new Windows with key nbsp Had me make a Start up issue copy on a disk ant take to the microsoft store to use nbsp The computer worked fine the past couple of months The past month in the morning the computer times was off and and would not power on nbsp To get on I ended up removing the power cord from the back of the machine nbsp I would wait a minute or so and re-connect nbsp After a couple of minutes it woul start up nbsp Also when I picked up the computer from the microsoft store I noticed the fan ran a lot reciently the past months I have not heard the fan nbsp I don't know if ther is any connection nbsp Between Mid-Jan and March the computer was at microsoft of days

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Start-up-issue/td-p/5624188
Relevancy 37.41%

OK, I know it's gonna be something simple, but I've racked my brain on this one and need an answer. Using Win 7, all updates are completed. I've had this installed for nearly a year now, and have Mozilla Firefox installed as my default browser. All was well until a couple weeks ago. Now when I select the Firefox shortcut, IE 8 loads first, then a minute later Firefox finally loads. I have checked the target shortcut and cannot for the life of me understand why IE is loading when not called for.

Ideas? Fixes? Help!!!!

Relevancy 37.41%

when I boot the computer it comes up with a black screen , white lettering and it says select startup system to start

there are 2 choices ( help and Microsoft windows XP ) and there is a timer counting down allowing me 30 seconds to make a choice using the arrow keys

If I select windows XP the computer goes through the boot sequence and windows starts.
If I let it time out or select the "help" It takes me to a second screen that has several options

start in windows XP
start in safe mode
start safe mode with command prompt
start last known configurations
I usually select the windows XP start from the first screen and it runs. All this isn't a real big problem but it is an annoyance. it never used to start like this until I had a virus and nortons found and removed the virus . Any help will be appreciated

Relevancy 37.41%

I took my computer apart today to do some spring cleaning and get the dust out of it. Everything seemed to go together fine but not i have a huge problem. Heres what happens

I hit the button on my computer to turn it on, all the fans and lights kick on, screen doesnt kick on or anything, after about 4 seconds everything just kicks off. If i hit the button after that nothing happens, i have to flip the switch on my power supply before it will do anything again. I have tried swapping power supplies and memory, and i took out the video card, and still nothing.

Ideas?

Relevancy 37.41%

After I had to call tech support for a program I use for work they had me restart in safe mode and make the changes for the program to work. Now when I turn the computer on Real Player comes up, how do I stop Real Player from comeing up every time I start the computer? I have looked in Start and Start up but it is not listed there. Please tell me how to stop it from loading every time.
Thanks

Hi -
Call Tech Support and tell them they screwed up -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385459/start-up-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all,

My dad is having a problem with his XP machine and reports that a flaw has developed in the start up program and when it's switched on it only goes half-way through it's start-up before it comes to a stop and a window comes up which says:
'Windows can't find CRYPTUI.dll application.'
The progam has reached the stage where the screen saver is on but there is nothing else on the screen, no icons, no taskbar - nothing!!!
We are at a bit of a loss so if anyone can help we would much appreciate it.

Beagleboy

Relevancy 37.41%

Concerning my Dell desktop computer which has Windows XP....
It was working properly, no new hardward or software installed recently, but tried to turn it on and keep getting a message on a blue screen that says that there has been an error; need to go into safe mode to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing or uninstall any new components. Tried to go into safe mode, but get a black screen with "unmountable boot volume" repeated multiple times.

Is my hard drive fried? or are there any solutions

It may still mount under another system and if it does, your personal files are very probably retrievable. There are several differing versions of Linux operating systems which can run from a CD without the need for a hard disk because they run only in RAM - what's known as a LiveCD. My personal choice is PCLinuxOS which you can find at http://www.pclinuxos.com but others hereabouts favour a version called Puppy.

Download one such and burn it to a CD then run it and navigate to the storage media and the hard disk. If it hasn't mounted on boot up, there will be a command in one of the menus to try it from within Linux. Have a flash drive or external handy so you can pull your files out while you have the chance.

After that, the shock of working properly may cause it to do so again next time you start Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-issue.892801/
Relevancy 37.41%

Windows Vista When I turn on my computer I am getting a message as follows Failed on loading skin name quot minibcont quot The file quot shell css quot is required in your quot sscommon with IE issue Start up skins minibcont css quot directory To fix this problem please check the skin name in your config Start up issue with IE file or reinstall this application This window will be closed At the end of that statement there is a quot OK quot button When I click quot OK quot I get the following message The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window Do you want to close the window After that message there are two buttons yes and no Yes is the default When i click on that one the first message re-appears I again click quot OK quot and it's gone Again this is upon initial start-up so I am not trying to view a web page I also do not even use IE I use Firefox Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/start-up-issue-with-ie-319446.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I am having a problem with my laptop booting-up. Sometimes it will boot-up and get to my desktop, sometimes it will only show a black screen. Any ideas?

A:Start-up issue

Download Ccleaner. Run it and then go to Start>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk clean>OK. When finished repeat except this time select Defrag instead of diskclean. When finished run Ccleaner again. When finished click the Register button( select Ok for everything) .Reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-up-issue-371379.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My Win 7 boots terribly slow version. Is it true for others? It takes my PC by pressing the Start button on the desktop to the current 3 min and 50 sec. When I first press the start button I get a blinking cursor and it will be there in 2 minutes. Everyone knows why this happens?

WhatsInStartUP - Free - This utility displays the list of all applications that are
loaded automatically when Windows starts up. For each application, the following
information is displayed: Startup Type (Registry/Startup Folder), Command -Line
String, Product Name, File Version, Company Name, Location in the Registry or
file system, and more. It allows you to easily disable or delete unwanted programs
that runs in your Windows startup.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_run_in_startup.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426901/start-up-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have had my laptop for almost 2 years now it is an hp stream and I went to go and reset it but now when I start it up it has a black screen then I get the hp sign then back to black then back to hp. The warranty is up and I don't have the money for a new one so I have no idea what to do in my situation plus I do not have to money to get it fixed. Please help me I'm desprit. 

A:Start up issue

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages Please click the below shown link to find the steps for performing Hard Drive Testhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c00439024 OR http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c01443317  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Start-up-issue/td-p/5827407
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi TSF, I'm currently running on a Windows 7 Ultimate here. I'm definitely using the default theme of Windows 7 but I have this strange bizarre issue on my orb.

Instead of the default orb, my start orb shown this.

I try switching theme and restart explorer.exe but the start up orb does not revert back to default setting.

How do I solve this?

A:Start Orb Bizzare Issue

Do you have any transformation packs installed or and Blinds software installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/start-orb-bizzare-issue-635245.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When I click the start button, instead of seeing Most used apps I see the All Programs. I would like to see the Most used apps. I do have the Most used apps set for the start menu in settings.

Any Ideas out there?

Example is above

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/53893-start-menu-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When I start up the computer or restart when it goes to start windows it fails and goes to the black screen that says windows could not start start in safe mode etc or just start normally When I select start normally it starts just fine except that my volume Up issue Start Computer icon is not showing on the toolbar I ve been having issues with a new DVD drive I installed a Sony DRU- A that I haven t really been able to get help with so I don t know if that s part of the problem right now I m running XP Pro and it s a HP Pavillion desktop about years old now I ve got two hard drives the larger set as the master and the smaller set as the slaves When I couldn t get the new DVD drive to work it only works part Computer Start Up issue of the time see post http forums techguy org showthread php p post I also installed my old CD rom drive from a previous system to make sure it wasn t just my computer Those two drives are set up with the old drive being the master and the new drive being Computer Start Up issue the slave In BIOS neither of those two drives show up I don t know if it s a drive problem a video audio card non-compatible problem or what I ve got until the th to return the DVD rom drive but I don t want to do that if it s just b c something isn t quot wired quot properly Anyone have any ideas My next step is to just take the thing to Best Buy and have them handle it but I d like to avoid that if possible Thanks Heather nbsp

A:Computer Start Up issue

try a new eide cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-start-up-issue.329131/
Relevancy 36.98%

I installed a custom start orb a little over two weeks ago with the program Start Orb Changer. Once in a blue moon when I shut the PC down and restart the next morning the start orb changes to the default start orb. It did the same thing this morning when I booted up my PC. It doesn,t do it everytime I shutdown but at random times. Any ideas on what might be causing the custom orb to change to the default one? Thanks.

A:Custom Start Orb Issue

Did you use 'Windows 7 Start Orb Changer'?

If you did, run it as Administrator and click on Restore. After the start orb has been restored, change it again to your custom one, remembering to run the tool as Admin.

If this still doesn't work, try option two in the below tutorial to change it via a Resource Editor.
Start Menu Button - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/185636-custom-start-orb-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

I've been having a problem, I recently recovered an old hard drive on my computer.

Now, whenever I startup my computer, about 5 seconds later I am given with a screen with the 2 harddrives (Or whatever they are called) options saying
"Microsoft Windows Vista"
And I can't quite remember the other ones name but it was about
"Microsoft windows Vista (Recovered)"

Now, after a few seconds it automatically selects the first one (Being Microsoft Windows Vista) and that is the drive I don't want. I want the Microsoft windows Vista (Recovered) drive.
Is there some way I can make it automatically select the Microsoft windows Vista (Recovered) drive without having to go through selecting it?
I want the convenience of not having to wait and select it every time I start my computer.

So is this possible?

A:Start-up Selection Issue

Hi,

There are a couple of questions first: -
Are there two versions of Vista installed on this drive?What does the "recovered" comment refer to?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295862-start-up-selection-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

This morning my computer froze while I was browsing and had to press the power button to turn it off. When turned it back on it gave me a corrupt file error at the login screen: "winlogon.exe and wininit were corrupted. as i typed my password the computer restarted, did it a few times not letting me log on, until i went to system restore and used the start up recovery. Now when i turn on the computer all it does is go to the "Starting Windows Vista" screen and after that it goes black and doesnt let me do anything. When i try to use the system restore it doesnt let me.
All help would be apreciated. Thank you.

A:Solved: Start up issue

Did you run chkdsk /f on your drives from the Vista DVD? Be sure to try Startup Repair more than once.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-start-up-issue.725006/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Seven Community, I am in need of help again,

So the other day avg detected a trojan so I chose for avg to delete it and it said something about the registry and other files being deleted as well as the trojan but ever since that has happened this happens every time I try to start a program from the start menu and I mean any where from it.

so what I have been doing for today is browsing and finding the individual exe's and then after that they will run from it, I am not sure if there is a quick fix to this because I don't feel like browsing for each one.

Help would be appreciated thank you very much seven community!

A:Start menu issue

Hello Nick,

It may be the association for shortcuts that got messed up. Downloading and merging the lnk (LNK) option in the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160337-start-menu-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me ive got a bit of a problem and its drving me insane Its a bit of a long one but if you have any ideas issue, start! where sure Not Huge to please let me know and i will get Huge issue, Not sure where to start! back to this page in about hrs when i get up Right here goes This started days ago when i got a virus which i BELEIVE to be win heur My antivirus picked it up but seemed to do nothing The Huge issue, Not sure where to start! system was stable for a while - but after a few reboots it got less responsive So i thought i would install Avast anti-virus This then did a scan and found a few things I was happy for a moment - then it got much much worse When the pc rebooted after the intial scan I had continual dr watson errors If i moved these out of the way the system was stable Although my wireless network didnt work I checked control panel and i had exclamation marks next to the entire network adapters list including Huge issue, Not sure where to start! some of the protocols Also at this point my antivirus and antimalware applications didnt open I spent a good amount of time trying to fix this and then i got really annoyed and decided to reinstall windows This is a bit of a problem for me - as the machine in question doesnt have a cd drive it blew out due to a psu issue a while ago ITo combat this i always have a copy of windows on a bootable usb stick to install via bartPE which i have used many times on other peoples pc i work in IT so people ask me to do work infact this is the only problem thats caused me grief Since i didnt want to lose any data i installed windows to another DIR on the same hard drive When the system restarted it worked ok for a reboot or then the virus popped up again couldnt run malwarebytes etc So this time i deleted the new windows installation and the old one Reinstalled windows all ok and installed antivirus before the reboot and it picked up a few problems Every few minutes it picked up problems so i thought that i should wipe everything I loaded partition magic to create a extra partition that i could use for the windows temp files - and converted the other partition to fat which requires a reboot During this reboot the real fun started Partition magic crashed Upon reboot i was presented with a error saying windows may have had recent HW changes - would i like to start windows normally or in safe mode ETC Heres the odd bit No matter what i chose - the pc would reboot and constantly loop - offering me the options again I then decided that i would use bart PE to reinstall windows - with what i thought was a damaged partition i would use a disk tool in bart pe to re-partition I booted the pc from usb into bartpe and half way through loading i got a blue screen of death Telling me it might be a HDD problem and i should run chkdsk f pretty standard error I checked the portable drive by loading bart PE on my laptop whcih worked all ok proving that bartPE was all ok I then after spending a long time scratching my head Set up a nd pc which i will call PC-B and connecting PC-A s hard drive to as a slave The nd pc booted up and instantly ran a scandisk chkdisk on bootup - saying that PC-A s hard drive was at fault - It found a massive list of problems - i let scandisk finish and then put PC-As hard drive back in PC-A At this point my luck got worse - and the drive fried which was my fault entirely i beleive i have a faulty molex on the psu After much swearing the full problem materialised what you heard above is the full background I put PC-B s hard drive in PC-A intending to do a full format and install on it When it booted up - i was presented with the SAME error as with the original hard drive The pc presented me with a error and the safe mode options ETC No matter what i chose i got the windows splash screen - and then a reboot I tried bartPE again - got the same BSOD with the same error - which is half telling me it wasnt the HDD at fault My question Any ideas on wha... Read more

A:Huge issue, Not sure where to start!

"Also at this point my antivirus and antimalware applications didnt open)"

I noted the plural form in "applications." If you have two anti-virus programs, you have created a problem. It may or may not be contributing to your troubles. Remove one of them; even having a second installed but not active can cause a conflict.

Also, if help doesn't come along here, click "Report" in the lower right and ask that your Thread be transfered to the "Security/HJT" Forum.

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-issue-not-sure-where-to-start.862773/
Relevancy 36.98%

ok i got issue that is really ticking me off i meet the mimun specs for warhammer online and i try to start all it does is go to a dos interface and say "program to big for memory " and than flicks off and i have 1.5gb memory and minmum is 1gb im more of a html guy so not sure what the issue is but would be much appricated if anyone could share some insite into this problem of mine

ty
tem

Relevancy 36.98%

I just discovered something weird in my start menu When I started up my computer I noticed that a folder in it was highlighted in orange like it does with new folders and programs The folder is called 'Programs' and when I open it it has the entire list of things in my Start issue menu start menu a fabulous redundancy Since I have no idea what might have caused it or if the glitch is unrelated to everything I'm just going to list everything Start menu issue I've done today I ran AdwCleaner then restarted my computer Start menu issue A bit later I installed and ran the free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Home then restarted it again In both scans it found a few minor issues The second time it restarted after running MalwareBytes it loaded slower than usual when I logged in to my account which I presumed was because I had just run the tool After everything had loaded up I installed the trial version of WolfQuest I ran it briefly then uninstalled it because my computer wasn't powerful enough Around that time I noticed the weird 'Programs' folder when I clicked on 'all programs' I'm not entirely certain at what point today that folder came into being Here are the files from the scans I ran in case I messed something up there AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated on by ToolsLib Database - - Server Operating System Windows Vista TM Home Premium Service Pack X Username Vesta - VESTA-PC Running from C Users Vesta Downloads adwcleaner exe Mode Scan Support https toolslib net forum Services No malicious services found Folders No malicious folders found Files No malicious files found DLL No malicious DLLs found WMI No malicious keys found Shortcuts No infected shortcut found Scheduled Tasks No malicious task found Registry Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes YBrowserToolbar YBrowserToolbar Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes YBrowserToolbar YBrowserToolbar Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID AA - D - F - A -D FBFBE ECD Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes CLSID A E A -FA - BDA-AED -CEBE E BCB Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface E DE- - AEE-BD -C C E A DB Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes Interface FC BDA-C - A D- DF - B C E Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes TypeLib A D A - B - C B-B C - A B Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects D -C F - EFB- B - ECA Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats D -C F - EFB- B - ECA Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Settings EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext PreApproved D -C F - EFB- B - ECA Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext PreApproved EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software InstallCore Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software Yahoo Companion Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software AppDataLow Software Yahoo Companion Key Found HKCU Software InstallCore Key Found HKCU Software Yahoo Companion Key Found HKCU Software AppDataLow Software Yahoo Companion Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Yahoo Companion Key Found HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AD A-AF - E - EF- A DE FB Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AD A-AF - E - EF- A DE FB Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes AD A-AF - E - EF- A DE FB Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Classes s Web browsers No malicious Firefox based browser items found Chrome pref Found C Users Vesta AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web data - aol com Chrome pref Found C Users Vesta AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Web data - ask com C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - Bytes - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - Bytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile MalwareBytes-scanresults txt Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malwar... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/start-menu-issue-1155858.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Problem:

turn computer on, lights come on, led's come on, fans come on, but
no power to mouse, keyboard, monitor does not come on (just stand by blink), cd won't open or respond.

computer was run (I always leave it on) and came home from work and it was still running but nothing was responding.

Ideas?

Relevancy 36.98%

Ok so my latest computer trouble is with Windows XP itself When I try to start it up the user profile screen is really strange like the size of it is out of proportion and there is what seems to be a graphical error across the screen like a white grid pattern more like of a chain link fence and I m unable to any of the users which then leads to THE quot Blue Screen of death quot But I can start it up in Safe Mode with the screen in the right size and everything working fine well minus all Issue XP Up Window Start the things that make a computer fun you know video card ect Now I ve tried a few things already such as system restore MSCONFIG amp reboot and I am in the process of doing a nd virus scan as I type this Any help solutions or should I just consider backing up all important files and formating the harddrive to start over with a fresh Window XP Start Up Issue clean slate nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

After a faithful service of two years my asus u43f has been attacked. i ran a few different anti virus programs and tried to remove it with malwarebites and such but nothing has worked. The issue is ws.trojan.h and a generic trojan. I cannot restore laptop using F9 as recovery/restore pathways have been deleted by virus. No CD either, tech support said I have to buy it for 80 dollars AND wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Singapore...Can anyone help me to delete the malware using ms dos?Any help would be greatly appreciated.*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465231/start-up-issuevirus/
Relevancy 36.98%

My pc startup is extremly slow and after returning from stand by I have no dsl connection I have to restart the pc to get the connection back here is my log any help on where to start would be appriciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT start up and explorer issue MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C start up and explorer issue Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe start up and explorer issue C spyware AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-and-explorer-issue.653412/
Relevancy 36.98%

Usually when my computer sleeps, one mouse click will get the screen back on.

Lately, however, this doesn't happen and I need to press Esc to get a screen.

Don't think this is a critical issue, but is there a fix for this.

FWIW, it's been doing this since we had a power outage the other day.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wierd-start-up-issue.1155386/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi All,
For the last two days Vista is giving startup issue in my Notebook. First of all it is taking so much of time to go to the log on screen. Once I give the credentials it is showing a dark screen showing that Access denied to desktop and at the status bar giving a popup with the message "Failed to connect to windows services" and in a couple of secons it will restarts. The same is going on even when I use safe mode for start up.
I thinks some of the OS files has been corruptd or deleted. And I didn't have recovery disk created.

Kindly help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in Advance!

A:Vista Start Up Issue

OK firstly have a look Here this tutorial will solve most solvable issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180174-vista-start-up-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I tried reinstalling my windows xp operating disc, after installation my windows will not start up I am getting the error message windows root\system32\hal.dll I now don't know where to turn. can someone please help me. all i want to do is cry LOL

A:window start up issue

Install recovery console
And follow this
pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/restorehaldll.htm
Can you try another disc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-start-up-issue.1067481/
Relevancy 36.98%

I own a HP DV9000 laptop and it is just over a year old. When I try to turn it on now all of the lights come on and the fan starts like its about to boot up and then it shuts off after about a second. The power cord is good as the light is on where I plug it into the computer. I have tried starting it plugged in but with no battery and with the battery in but not plugged into the power cord and the results have not changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv9000-start-up-issue.119010/
Relevancy 36.98%

This problem started once I installed Vista Home Premium on my emachines laptop. Whenever I start the computer, the display does not turn on. If I put the machine to sleep and then restart the laptop, the display will then come on?? Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-start-issue.626403/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I some up issue crash with then help start Need got Need some help with start up issue then crash what I think is a Need some help with start up issue then crash minor problem but i dont know how to fix it I just cleared out some malware with some good advice from another Need some help with start up issue then crash forum that focus on malware did some system maintenance and while I was updating the drivers seem to have disturbed the operating system There is no malware on the system now by the way The symtom is that when I start up it takes a little longer than it should and hangs for a moment with a cmd window open then proceeds to open up normally Then within minutes drops into the blue screen and says it is shutting down to protect windows and does a memory dump and restarts Im currently in safe mode which so far is stable By the way I updated the realtek audio GeForce driver and lan driver I used driverMax and another program to help which I think caused the problem Anyway if you have any advice I would be grateful to listen Thanks

A:Need some help with start up issue then crash

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-62 70 ?C
Tyler 65nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 160MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Acer Fuquene (Socket A) 79 ?C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
128MB GeForce 8400M G (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) 78 ?C
Hard Drives
233GB Western Digital WDC WD2500BEVT-22ZCT0 ATA Device (SATA) 52 ?C
Optical Drives
MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
Computer type: Notebook
Installation Date : 02/03/2010 04:16:23
Serial Number: FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
Windows Security Center
User Account Control (UAC) Enabled
Notify level 2 - Default
Firewall Enabled
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Notify prior to download
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Disabled
Antivirus
Antivirus Enabled
Display Name Avira Desktop
Virus Signature Database Up to date
.NET Frameworks installed
v4.0 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2
Internet Explorer
Version 10.0.9200.16521
PowerShell
Version 2.0
Java
Java Runtime Environment
Path C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Version 7.0
Update 17
Build 02
Environment Variables
USERPROFILE C:\Users\Si
SystemRoot C:\Windows
User Variables
TEMP C:\Users\Si\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP C:\Users\Si\AppData\Local\Temp
Machine Variables
ComSpec C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK NO
OS Windows_NT
Path C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
PATHEXT .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE x86
TEMP C:\Windows\TEMP
TMP C:\Windows\TEMP
USERNAME SYSTEM
windir C:\Windows
PSModulePath C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS 2
PROCESSOR_LEVEL 15
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER x86 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_REVISION 6802
asl.log Destination=file;OnFirstLog=command,environment,parent
CLASSPATH .;C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
QTJAVA C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
Battery
AC Line Online
Battery Charge % 100 %
Battery State High
Remaining Battery Time Unknown
Power Profile
Active power scheme Balanced
Hibernation Enabled
Turn Off Monitor after: (On AC Power) Never
Turn Off Monitor after: (On Battery Power) Never
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power) 20 min
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On Battery Power) 10 min
Suspend after: (On AC Power) Never
Suspend after: (On Battery Power) Never
Screen saver Enabled
Uptime
Current Session
Current Time 01/04/2013 11:43:17
Current Uptime 12,087 sec (0 d, 03 h, 21 m, 27 s)
Last Boot Time 01/04/2013 08:21:50
TimeZone
TimeZone GMT +8:00 Hours
Language English (United Kingdom)
Location United Kingdom
Format English (United Kingdom)
Currency ?
Date Format dd/MM/yyyy
Time Format HH:mm:ss
Scheduler
01/04/2013 11:42; Scheduled Update for Ask Toolbar
01/04/2013 11:58; Adobe Flash Player Updater
01/04/2013 12:00; GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA
01/04/2013 12:58; FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1220375625-284042769-3415511898-1000UA
01/04/2013 18:00; GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore
01/04/2013 18:58; FacebookUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1220375625-284042769-3415511898-1000Core
CCleanerSkipUAC
Install_NSS
SidebarExecute
Process List
... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-some-help-with-start-up-issue-then-crash-691752.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm at school typing this so what happened basicaly my computer has a glitch or something that if you move it at all if moves something out of its place and makes its boot up incorrectly, you know when you start up and the fans go at full speed and sometimes it will make a few little noises? Well mine is doing that but over and over again. My screen is just black and its really loud with all the fans going, I usually keep hitting it until it fixes itself (it has worked before) but now its just annoying. I had to move for a school project for God's sake and now it wont turn on!! What is wrong??

Relevancy 36.98%

64bit
Help. after boot up I click on anything above the taskbar and the icon opens then freezes, ie: control panel opens then I cannot open anything in it, the window outline turns grey? I do ctl,alt del for task master then I can click on control panel and it will open? ie: click on computer icon and I cannot open C drive, nothing happens until I open task manager?
I did a full repair.
when I click on the taskbar after a boot, nothing happens, nothing highlights or attempts to open. I am using a wiresless microsoft mouse. I aslo tried a usb mouse.

A:mouse issue? on start up

See if a clean boot answers any questions
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Go to device manager and make sure that the mouse dirver is up to date and running properly. A yellow warning marker will show if it is working correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/122335-mouse-issue-start-up.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Guys Just wondering if you can give me some hints on what s going on Laptop Vaio VGN-N G RAM GB OS Win Pro bit I changed the HDD recently and installed Win It all installed smooth with all the drivers etc from the sony website But an issue crops up at start up After turning it off Up (VGN-N130G Issue Start for the day and first start up the next morning it freezes usually at the windows start up screen It has to be restarted using the power button kept pressed down Then it starts up and seems to work normally Any subsequent restarts do so without any hitch it only seems to happen when it is powered off for a long period of time sorry thats my lay observation maynot be relevant at all This computer came with XP MCE and this issue was apparently present with MCE Win RC and now the Win installation This is my younger sister's computer and I know she not the most careful person but I know it hasn't really had any trauma such as being dropped etc so as to cause inflicted physical damage what i do notice is a beep on and off its a long one beep which seems to come occasionally I m i right in assuming its from the Bios Its a phoenix tech bios I m trying to get pointed in the right Start Up Issue (VGN-N130G direction in what to look for Many thanks for any help

A:Start Up Issue (VGN-N130G

Quote: Originally Posted by BadHairSpray

I changed the HDD recently

Do you have a link to a website with exact model of HDD?

Could be jumper.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/34953-start-up-issue-vgn-n130g.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have two computers my old one has had this strange start up issue for i do not know how long up issue. Start Wierd When I start it it goes through the normal processes showing bios version how many hard drives which ones are master which ones are slaves and just before you get to the black Windows XP screen the one with the little bar that is either green or blue depending which version of window you have I get a screen to choose which install of XP I want to use Now I thought I onlnly did one install of XP When I check my hard drive it is not partitioned and I cannot find and duplicate folders of windows on my main drive I alway choose the first version have not tried the second in a long time so I do not know if they differ in any way Is there a way to remove the other copy of XP Thanks yet again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wierd-start-up-issue-194116.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Whenever I boot up (XP) I get the following message:
" windows installer - preparing install. Install the logitech video enumerator dosk and click ok"
If I hit cancel the message just keeps popping up!

The only way I can get rid of it is by ctrl/alt/delete and hit end task.

Thx,
Jarrett

A:annoting issue on start up

Whatever Logitech product you are using I would suggest un-installing it and then reboot the computer and then re-install it again with updated drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoting-issue-on-start-up.687504/